4.3/5 (378 ratings)

About SunPower

Changing the way our world is powered by making solar and storage more accessible to everyone. SunPower is a solar company that provides reliable energy solutions for homeowners with the most comprehensive warranty in the solar industry. Known for its top-quality and high-efficiency solar panels, SunPower solutions have the ability to generate more power than conventional solar technologies.

Pros

• Long warranty
    • Variety of financing solutions
    • Broad U.S. dealer network

Cons

• PPAs for commercial clients only

Bottom Line

SunPower offers the world's first 400 watt solar panels, which use less space. The company offers competitive lease and loan products, its solar panels are guaranteed to not lose more than 8% DC power production over 25 years.

SunPower Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunPower?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunPower?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

We chose SunPower to install solar on our home after an exhaustive research process. Their system was 10-15% more expensive than others, but decided to go with them due to warranty reasons, the likelihood they would be in business the full term of warranty, and the perception that they were more professional than the others and the install would be more pain free. We could not have been more wrong.

From the onset, the design and site survey process was delayed and our system was put into service nearly a full two months after the initial projection. Along the way, they drilled into a live main gas line while installing supports to the roof, while my family was in the house and my daughter was playing right below. The line could have easily sparked and caused an explosion. We were evacuated by the fire department for most of the day into 110 degree heat without accommodation from Sunpower.

After the system was installed, there were a host of workmanship issues that Sunpower only fixed after a month of back and forth and tons of time spent on our side. Sunpower also promised compensation as an act of good faith to make the gas line incident right, which we are going on 2 months without response from Sunpower. Not worth any sort of premium and after dealing with their customer service, I would not use again even if they were 50% cheaper than the competition. Buyer beware.

SunPower response

Adam, we understand your frustration and take this matter seriously. We are working to help resolve your concerns and restore you faith in SunPower. A case has already been created and escalated to our Executive Support Specialist team for review. Expect a specialist to reach out soon. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to talking to you.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

The solar stopped working early last month so I contacted the customer support and opened a ticket as the solar is still under the warranty. Nothing happened for 4 weeks and they kept saying that they were monitoring. Then they send an email asking me to schedule for a site visit with the local installer. I got a quote from the local installer for the site visit and I called customer service again to ask who is paying for the site visit. Apparently, he has no answer and submitted another ticket. Now it’s nearly two months with several calls and emails but the issue hasn’t been resolved. Seems like they don't care at all. I did read the reviews online and looks like everyone has the same problems.

SunPower response

Nang, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience. We have escalated your case to our Executive Support Specialists team for further review. Once a specialist is assigned they will reach out to follow up with you. We look forward to talking to you.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I purchased my first home and I took over the SunPower agreement 3 months ago and the nightmare started. Once you sign the deal you are screwed. They know that you are hooked 15 or 30 years and they don't care at all if you have issues. I suppose to not have any electric bill and my last 2 month bill was over $400 plus sun power monthly payment. One of my unit doesn't work. I tried every way to contact them and no solution at all. Again they know you are paying the money and don't care. Did open a case, send so many emails. Talked few person. They suppose to schedule service weeks ago and no luck.

I did read the reviews online and looks like everyone has the same problems. If I can cancel it I will do it today. I am stuck 15 years with this guys. Already talking to lawyer and see what my options are. I can't imagine next 15 years dealing with this customer service that doesn't do anything. I did sign up first day to Auto Payment and had issues with that too. It's sad that this companies can hook you up for decade payment and can get away w/ this. It's simple. If you can't fix your product don't sell it. Now I have to pay electric bill plus sun power bill. What's the point having solar in this case?

SunPower response

Hi, we apologize for the experience you've had. Please expect a call from an Executive Support Specialist to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

We had looked at different pricing and talked to a few other people and we had the SunPower salesperson come over and he sold us on it. His name is Tom and we love him. He was great. He was so nice and professional. He was so easy to understand. He did a great job. I was so dead set against having the system. But after he explained it all to us and everything they did and how we were going to come out ahead with electric, I just said, "Well, geez, it sounds stupid not to." We were not here when they installed the system. But Tom was here when they came in and he saw through everything. When we came back, my husband was happy with what they did. We went back and forth on the phone and over the internet and stuff with emails. But we were totally satisfied.

I had an electric bill since the system was installed in July last year and we're now down to minus $56, which next month, we will probably have a payment to the electric company. It's been a lifesaver for us. When we get the electric bill and everybody else is talking about their electric bill, we're saying, "Well, we haven't had one since last July." They don't believe us.

SunPower response

We are delighted to see your satisfaction with the installation process. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and couldn't be happier with this glowing review. Thank you so much for choosing SunPower and helping us change the way the world is powered.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

Sales pitch was awesome. Sales guy was responsive and helpful. But once they have you signed up you get NOTHING! Talked to my coordinator's boss and he was a total jerk. Apparently they think email with no phone call follow up is appropriate communication. No call or text saying “hey we haven’t gotten a response”… We need signatures or anything like that. You call the 24/7 line and just get receptionists. Then I filed an email complaint and 3 weeks later ClAudine is still waiting for Colten to reply even though my written complaint was that Colten is not communicating! I mean it is just absurd!! I don’t recommend this company at all!!! Awful communication. No Follow up. No help! Stay away!!!

SunPower response

Shannon, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your feedback. We want to help and have escalated your current case to our Executive Support Specialist team for review. Once your case is reviewed a representative will reach out to follow up with you. We look forward to talking to you soon.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I have 2 solar power units in my home. Both have had issue in less than a 5 year span. Currently, 1 unit is not working. Troubleshooting did not work and next step was getting a tech to come to visit. It's been over 3 months and I still can't get a technician to the house. Every time I call or email, I receive a promise of a call back and update, which never happens. Go to a company that values your time and respects their commitment to the customer. Their availability and lack response to my issue has been very unprofessional. I would not recommend using SunPower for solar panel units or services.

SunPower response

Hi, we're sorry to hear that your expectations are not being met. Please expect a call from an Executive Support Specialist to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I've had it done twice with SunPower. I've got some on my rental as well, and we got SunPower on both of them. The first time, it took a little longer to install. The second time was quick and smooth. It was two different companies that did the install. Going solar with SunPower, I've never had to pay PGE a dime.

SunPower response

Don, we appreciate you sharing your wonderful experiences. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I did not choose SunPower for my home- we assumed a lease when we purchased the home. We are having issues with our system and have requested them to service the panels (which is included in our lease). First call was 1 1/2 hours of hold time, to open a ticket. I was told that I would have a response by Friday. Cut to Friday, SunPower has not followed up as they promised and I am currently 2 1/2 hours deep into a hold time to get some sort of response. THIS IS BEYOND TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Who has time for this? It really feels like this company tries to ice out their customers to prevent holding up their responsibilities in the lease. BEWARE. I am a real estate professional and WILL NOT be able to recommend this company to any of my clients.

SunPower response

We apologize for the experience you've had. We have created a case on your behalf. Please expect an Executive Support Specialist to reach out to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Updated on 09/16/2022: The saga continues from Sunpower's incompetence. Previously mentioned cancellation at last minute- twice! Company reached out after seeing negative review - I called back and emailed them back and it is stalled since. In the meantime we get yet another automated message about an upcoming installation which clearly never materialized. At this point the company’s right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. Cannot be trusted with a $50K investment on your rooftop. Move on folks - find someone else to do the expensive job.

Original Review: We are appalled by the service rendered to us! They set up automated messages stating they were coming to install all week long and the day before cancelled- No one had the decency to call and give us an explanation why - email cancellation. we had taken the day off to have this done. 1 week later a phone call from the manager to explain (if anything) and reschedule for another time due to lack of panels (I understand supply chain issues but if you did not have the panels at hand you should not have scheduled the installation till you were sure!)

The day before the second installation date - cancelled again!!- No communication - I do not trust the company at all - If this is the quality before an install what can we expect after the panels are up if something needs to be addressed?? Absolutely disgusted by the treatment rendered here - supply issues or none! -:Look for someone else!

SunPower response

Priya, we sincerely apologize for your experience and would like to investigate this further. We’ve created a case and submitted it to our Executive Support Specialist team. A specialist will reach out to provide you with help and work towards a resolution. We value your business and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

My leased Sunpower solar has been broken for nearly 3 months. Initially Sunpower contacted me letting me know the system was disabled and provided a reset sequence that did not resolve the issue. After several subsequent phone conversations over the past two months, a local technician was scheduled. During the past three weeks, I have been trying to contact the billing department to understand when Sunpower will credit my account for the missing power related to my solar outage. It seems nearly impossible to get through to billing or customer service as I have spent several hours trying. The one callback I got was missed as they called me back at midnight. The system has been trouble free for ten years but the last three months have been a nightmare and the system is still offline. My overall experience related to outage is poor and I am disappointed and not likely to do business with Sunpower again.

SunPower response

Hi, we're sorry to hear that your expectations are not being met. Please expect an Executive Support Specialist to reach out to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

The young man that first came pitched solar to me, then the salesman came out, and that's when I signed the documents. The salesman was very polite and had a nice personality. I just went live two weeks ago. I texted the first guy that came, ”Hey, I went live!” He lives in the neighborhood, and he's very interested. He passed by one day and said, “Oh, I noticed that you have your solar,” and I said, “Yeah.” He knocked on the door. So he was very good in that sense. I’m trying to get my neighbor next door to get SunPower. What a lot of people are scared about is the financing, and I try to say it will never be higher than their light bill. Solar is good for the world, and they're gonna own the panels eventually. It's a big plus if they're gonna sell their home.

SunPower response

Andrea, we appreciate you sharing your solar success story with us and for sharing your experience with your neighbors. Congratulations on going solar and thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

I’m very happy with SunPower. We had more people, and we found out they were not telling us the truth. But SunPower did not lie. Two guys came and installed the panels one day, and they did a marvelous job. I don't have the battery though. I would like one, but I have no idea how much it’d cost.

SunPower response

Susanne, we're happy to hear how great your experience has been. Let us know if you would like to talk to one of our Solar Advisors and we can get you connected with one to discuss purchasing a battery. Send us a private message here with your preferred contact details or call them at 1-800-786-7693. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

It was a smooth transition with SunPower. They did everything great. We have a Tesla app ‘cause we have two Tesla batteries too. We're able to track everything, how much we generate, how much we send back to the grid, and how much the house uses on a daily basis. SunPower is a great company and they delivered on what they promised us. They were quick as well.

SunPower response

Glad to read we were able to meet your expectations, Ted. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

SunPower has been good. The installers knew what they were doing and picked up after themselves. But when they got done, around the panels on my garage roof, they put a cage around two sides. I got two sides that are open. Now, I got raccoons crawling in underneath making a nest. I'm not happy with that. Other than that, my electric bill is less than what my power is making so I get a small check every month.

SunPower response

Hi, we apologize for your experience. Please expect a call from an Executive Support Specialist to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

SunPower gave me a proposal. I looked it over and compared it to some of the other competitors. I liked what I saw, so I went with it. The rep was knowledgeable about what he was telling me. I thought I needed more panels, and instead of him telling me they'd sell me more, he said no and tried to educate me. He said, "You don't need that many so you don't have a very high bill. This is gonna be enough for you and your family to be able to sustain yourselves for the rest of the year." I liked his insight. I've had a very good experience with SunPower. They have very user-friendly application, which everybody likes. It breaks down by time, and it shows per day. You can pay your bill online. As of right now, I haven't had any issues with the panels themselves. I'm happy with it. I'm looking to see if it does everything year round, from one year to the other on the application.

SunPower response

Thank you for sharing your SunPower experience. We strive to give our customers the best-in-class service and products. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything we can assist with in the future. Our team is always ready to help. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I've had interactions with customer service once or twice and they were courteous and able to answer all of my questions.

SunPower response

We pride ourselves on our customer service, and see your experience was no exception. Please reach out to us in the future with any questions you may have. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

We installed SunPower in a home that we bought seven years ago and we were reasonably satisfied. About three years into owning the panels, our inverters failed for some reason. Not only did SunPower come out and completely fix everything, but they also cut us a check for the amount of time in which we missed power generation. I had to do a little bit of work to make it happen and it was really impressive. So, when we moved and decided we were going to do solar again, we decided that we would work with SunPower. This time, we worked with a company called Ambrose Solar and the people who work there were incredibly nice and really thoughtful. We had a few significant bumps along the way, but those were related to COVID. Since we got our system running, we've been doing better on our electricity bills. We paid for a very large system so that our bills would be cut way down and they are.

SunPower response

Ari, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and are so glad to hear that you received excellent service. It was great to read about your satisfaction with our product, and that your experience influenced your decision to trust our product again. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Our solar panels were left stacked 30 high outside upside-down in some of the worst monsoon rain we have ever had after the negligent subcontractor they hired disappeared mid-job for over a week. Neither we or SunPower could reach them. Each panel was left waterlogged in over an inch of water and the electronics and connections underneath each were exposed to and covered in debris. We notified SunPower of our concerns of not only production reduction, but safety, yet the panels were still installed and not exchanged for new ones despite our complaint and request that someone confirm these panels are not damaged and producing as stated in the contract.

We have contacted SunPower, however a Manager stated leaving panels in those conditions was normal, and that nothing would be done until there is an issue. Such as a fire, or poor production. This company has great sales people. They sell you the idea of a new, superior product and outstanding warranty and customer service. However in reality, what we got is the opposite. An inferior, mistreated or damaged product with poor customer service past the representative level. If their customer service is this poor how do you think that relates to the warranty they may have to honor 10 years down the line? We are not confident. As it stands now, if we knew back then what we do now about SunPower, we would have contracted with a different company with more integrity and given them our $36,000.

SunPower response

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

SunPower owns Blue Raven Solar who lied to get me to sign the contract, started installing lower quality products on my roof without telling me and threatened legal action when I called them out on it. They claim to be the “good guys” in solar that are working to change negative stereotypes about their industry. My experience with them has been the opposite, I feel like I’ve been scammed. Don’t make the same mistake I did, there are a lot of better options out there.

SunPower response

Logan, we appreciate the feedback and take your concerns seriously. We will be escalating this appropriately and assigning you an Executive Support Specialist to reach out on your behalf. We look forward to talking to you.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I had a good experience with SunPower. Everything ran smoothly with the installation.

SunPower response

We appreciate the feedback, Abdulaziz. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

My solar representative said that SunPower's equipment was the best. When I first saw the panels, I didn't like them because they had little white dots on them but after I realized that that was more of the state-of-the-art type of panels and a lot of my neighbors had them, I thought, "Okay, I can live with that." At first, I wanted all black and these have little white dots on them. So, I told them, "Nope, you're not putting those on my house." They stopped work immediately and then waited. I drove around the neighborhood and saw that a lot of the panels that I had seen on people's roofs had white dots, but I never even noticed them. So, I thought, "Well, if I didn't notice them on other people's houses, I'm not going to notice them on mine." So, I said, "Go ahead. You can restart." They did and they did a good job. They were very professional.

I am very satisfied. We have three Airbnbs on our property, and so people come and they waste a lot of electricity because they don't have to pay for it. So, we were getting almost up to $500 a month electric bills. Now, it's gone down to $10. So, it's a huge saving for us. We don't have to worry about the people coming and leaving.

SunPower response

Thanks for the review, Marie! We love hearing feedback like this. Congratulations on going solar, and thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Do not buy from this company. It matters not how helpful the installers are! I have owned SunPower Solar panels now for 12+ years. Inside the 10 year inverter warranty, I did not get 4 years worth of power. The monitoring device was faulty and even though I was assured that my panels were still working during that period, they weren't. After my husband passed, I examined the SC Edison bills and realized. Last year, I purchased a new inverter (panels have some kind of 25-year warranty, but neither inverter or "monitoring system" does). I upgraded my modem (per suggestion on website), now the app doesn't connect to new Network (note: the app provides NO means to enter such information).

SunPower tells me that $300 will get someone (??) to come out to check the inverter--which appears NOT TO WORK (per my electric bills)--because they can't monitor via Wi-Fi (which is a fault with their app). I cannot emphasize enough, "do not purchase, do not purchase, do not purchase, do not purchase." You will regret. My neighbor (SUNRUN) says that SunRun actually called THEM and sent a tech out to check out his panels, since THEIR monitoring device detected a problem. SunPower's stuff is cheap and refurbed (inverter). I am filing a complaint with PUC next--and any and all other agencies that supposedly protect consumers.

SunPower response

Constance, we're sorry to hear that your expectations are not being met. Please expect a call from an Executive Support Specialist to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. We appreciate your business and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

In February 2022, I signed up for Sunpower to install 10 panels of 435W each, and a battery. After the permit is granted, in May, Sunpower told me that 435W panels are out of stock, and they can only install 425W panels. But they'll install 1 more panel to make up the wattage shortfall. I agreed immediately. Another 2 months passed, in late July they got a new permit and came to install the panels. So the installation happened 5 months after contract signing. Slow, but if this were the only problem, I would not be complaining.

What really made me angry is that they only installed 10 panels, not 11 as agreed. When I asked them why. They told me 435W came back in stock, and thus they only needed to install 10 panels according to the original plan. However, after one climbs on to the roof and check the model number behind the panels, it turned out that they actually only installed 10 425W panels. I almost got conned. If this were the only problem, I still would not have complained, but there is more.

Before I signed, the salesperson promised me that the battery can back up both my 1200 sq ft main house and an 800 sq ft secondary unit, except AC. But then after installation, I am told that the secondary unit is not backed up. It is very important to back up the secondary unit because my elderly parents live in there. Had I known that the secondary unit would not be backed up, I would not have signed the contract. Is the bait and switch or a human error?

Today, I am told that not only will the AC is the not backed up, and the secondary unit not backed up, but I am also not supposed to use the range and the dryer during a power outage. Why didn't they not tell me before I signed the contract? In addition, the installers have made numerous mistakes (not enough grounding rods, not painting the conduit) that will need to be fixed.

I emailed and have not gotten a plan to fix any of these issues. But they have sent the city inspector 3 times last week to inspect the work even though I have emailed and called to tell them I am not going to do an inspection when work has not been finished (there needs to be at least one more panel installed). Why do they want to get the inspection done so urgently? Because they can charge me the balance of the contract price after inspection is passed and never fix the problems? Emails and calls have so far not gotten any attention. The coordinator does not pick up the phone, so I was left on hold until the elevator music was abruptly cut off. What a nightmare of a project!

SunPower response

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

SunPower was really good. But working with them was a mess. The guy got COVID three times. Now, he's well. But I'm still waiting on an answer on my battery. I already signed the contract.

SunPower response

Bruno, we appreciate your feedback and are glad you are satisfied with our product. THank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I interacted with a licensed installer, Ambrose Solar. They have a close relationship with SunPower and SunPower was pretty nice. They explained the whole process and performed a follow-up, and they got my panel installed. Finally, I had permission from PG&E to operate the panels. At this moment, I'm really satisfied because we are still in summertime and it's really hot where I live. Having solar is going to help me a lot to save money from the PG&E bills. Also, it's really nice because it helps to contribute back to having green energy and trying to save the environment. But I'm still waiting for SunPower to install a VMS box into my system, which is required to be able to monitor the performance of the panels.

SunPower response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and are so glad to hear that you received great service, Adenilson.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I had a friend of mine down the street who started putting solar on his house three months before me. He waited and waited on permits. Apparently, they put it up but still didn't have the permits. But mine got put up and the permits were done in one week. PG&E was out here to look at their job and turned me on. I was up months before he was running. I’m using my solar and I'm very happy with SunPower. You gotta pay the $77 for the equipment but with what I see for electricity, it equals out pretty close to the same. But in the long-distance run, it won’t. PG&E’s going so high that I don't know how regular people are gonna afford it. SunPower is a great company. They knew what they were doing. It was a great experience.

SunPower response

Congrats on going solar, Bradford! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying better, cleaner energy with SunPower.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Approximately 3.5 years ago I bought a new house with SunPower as part of the package. Since then it's been ongoing problems with solar generation and panels not working properly. Now it's the consumption meter where energy consumption spikes off-peak. When asked to fix, they suddenly asked for a $300 deposit since the issue they claim is not covered. So now their touted comprehensive warranty which is claimed to be the best, is footing the bill to me. The problem they cite is very vague. Disappointed is an understatement.

SunPower response

Alexis, we understand your frustration and apologize for any inconvenience. Your case has been escalated to our Executive Support Team for review and your feedback has been added to the case. Once your case has been reviewed a specialist will reach out. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to speaking to you.

Original review: July 31, 2022

Jonathan worked with us really well. He's really understanding and not pushy. He explained things really thorough and I worked well with him. In fact, I had him come to our radio club and talk to us about SunPower and one of the members had put on their house. He does a good job. The contractor that did the installation was very efficient. I had two batteries put in. So I had the electricity come out and hook all that up and it works fine. If the power goes off, click, and I got power again. We had 26 panels put on the roof. So during the summer, we don't have any electric bill at all. During the winter, we had a bill for $125 during the month that there were no clouds and there was a lot of heating to take place. But during the other months for the whole year, our bill was about 20 bucks. So I'm happy.

SunPower response

We appreciate you letting us know how Johnathan did. We're glad to hear that you received great service. Thanks for helping us change how our world is powered.

Original review: July 30, 2022

The sales reps were great. I was very happy with IPS. The installers were good too. We had a couple of change orders, things go through, and then after, we had some questions, but they were very responsive to that. My husband had a work benefit through PerkSpot and we got that rebate that was fairly easy to process too. We started the process during the pandemic so there were some delays. We started in March 2020 and we were up and running in September of that year. Our Xcel rebate check is going up every month. So that's kind of amazing. The house is cooler too because of the roof being covered in the panel. With the size of our system, it's about 92% of our usage. So that's really good.

SunPower response

We appreciate your feedback, Ann. It was wonderful to read your satisfaction with the installation and your system's production. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Original review: July 29, 2022

7/29/2022. I hired the SunPower because I read the good reviews here. My experience however tells us some unpleasant issues. (The contract negotiation process was smooth actually.) The installation team left behind much junks on 9/25/2022: screws, nails, company tools and etc in my front yards and driveway; 4 days after the panel installation small black plastic parts are still flying down from the roof. My wife collected a package of parts and gave them to the person who came 1 day later to help the city inspection.

The installation team forgot to set EV switch back so we were not able to charge our Tesla on the installation day. Out garage break panel was not patched after being cutting open. Outside power panel was not nailed back to the wall, the electric pipes were not attached to the wall with nails until we pointed that out to a person who came back helping with the city inspection on 7/26/22.

Today on 7/29/22 a gentleman from the company came to my house at lunchtime without appointment saying he was here for inspection, actually the inspection was done two days ago. My wife was home alone, she said the man was not professional and rude to her. It seems there is a pattern here, I don't know what else is going to happen from now on. I will update the review soon.

SunPower response

Hi Mike, I appreciate your feedback as it will help us to continue to improve the service we deliver to our customers. Leaving a job site clean and in good condition is essential. We strive for all of our customers to have a smooth and enjoyable experience going solar and I would love to contact you directly if possible. Please send me a private message with your contact information. -I look forward to speaking with you.

Best,