2x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service and Best for Installation
3.8(2,273)
Author pictureAuthor picture
Author picture
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

2x Award Winner

About SunPower

SunPower provides green energy solutions for homeowners. It offers complete solar energy systems and battery storage options, and its comprehensive SunPower home solar warranty includes all components of the system — not just the solar panels — for added peace of mind. The company ensures only SunPower-certified installers handle solar installation jobs.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Comprehensive transferable warranty
    • Variety of finance options
    • Broad international dealer network
    Cons
    • Dealers may provide different levels of service
    • “Master dealers” aren’t available nationwide

Stars Rating

• 60%
    • 9%
    • 4%
    • 4%
    • 22%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunPower?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunPower?
      Customer Service

Reviewed April 2, 2024

Went offline and can’t get it to reconnect. Tried calling, get terminal hold. Can’t get anyone to talk to me. Tried chatting on their chat line. They tell you to call or text tech support, neither one works either.

Pinned

Galen, we're sorry to read that you are having difficulty reaching a specialist. We have created a case on your behalf and a specialist will be following up with you to ensure your problem is resolved. In the future you may also use the mySunPower app's Help Center to create a case instead of calling in. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and look forward to talking to you soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2024

The system they put in worked great for 8 years but when there's a problem and it goes down it takes months to get any service. Post-installation access to any service is very limited. The company has no helpline.

Pinned

Hi Thomas, we understand your frustrations regarding your open case and want to help. Your review has been submitted to our Escalations Specialist Team for review and follow-up. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to talking to you soon.

Customer ServiceTechMaintenance

Reviewed March 31, 2024

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SUNPOWER – THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXISTENT WHEN THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH WARRANTY REPLACEMENT. We installed SunPower solar panels on our home in December 2018. On September 13, 2023, I realized that three micro-inverters were no longer working, and I reported that to SunPower. I started calling them weekly to get warranty replacements and SunPower kept giving me different reasons why they could not complete the repairs. The original contractor that represented SunPower has since stopped working with them because they were unable to get parts themselves and be paid for warranty work by SunPower. SunPower then told me they had the parts but did not have a contractor in the area and were having problems finding someone to do the work.

After filing a complaint with BBB in 2023, I was contacted by two different “escalation specialists” who have not done anything either. The latest excuse is that the parts are out of stock, and they do not know when they will receive them. What I kept asking was if they were getting parts for new installs, why were they unable to get parts for warranty replacements. I still have not received an answer to that question – only that “the parts are under supply constraints, and we are still pending the delivery of the needed parts.” They will not return phone calls and now have stopped responding via email.

Pinned

Richard, we're sorry to read your frustrations and appreciate your feedback. We see that your case manager has followed up with you since your review but please reach out here if you would like us to relay any additional information regarding your issue to them. You can send us a private response here on Consumer Affairs and we will add it to your open case for further investigation. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to talking to you again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2024

It’s been absurd that my project has been delayed many times, and nobody is even on top of my project. My project started in October 2023, and yet today is March 26th, I’ve been waiting for more than half a year, it still hasn’t been accomplished yet. What’s worst, we failed the building department Inspection. The Sunpower guy didn’t even try to fix it and left in the middle of the process, and it’s been seven days I’ve never heard back from them again.

It’s been a very stressful process. I have to try to contact them a few times a week just so I can get a hold of someone on top of my project, otherwise it’s being ignored. I’m investing $50,000 cash in the solar panel project, expecting it to be reliable and giving me a long-term benefit. Now I’m not sure with this type of irresponsible service, how much I can expect in the future. I suggest people to look elsewhere, I do not recommend Sunpower.

Pinned

Sasha, we apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We want to restore your faith in SunPower and have reached out to your project coordinator for assistance. Your review has been submitted to our Escalations Team as well and a case has been created for investigation and contact by a specialist. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to talking to you soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2024

Sunpower made the entire process of acquiring our solar panels simple and easy. We had an extremely pleasant experience with them. Simple, responsive, informative, and brilliantly executed. We are so happy we chose them. Thank you.

Pinned

Julie, we appreciate your review and glad to know that you have had an amicable experience. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupMaintenanceSavings

Reviewed March 16, 2024

My initial experience with SunPower was positive. Installation ran smoothly and the panels did produce electricity resulting in a savings with my electric bill. However recently my panels stopped working and I have been getting a run around for almost six weeks with regard to getting my system back online so that it can produce the electricity I was promised when I purchased the system. I placed my first call on Feb. 2, 2024. We tried to troubleshoot the problem and were not successful. They attempted to resolve the issue remotely with no luck. I was then directed to Centurion Solar for the needed service call. I left a message for their customer service department (it seems that was the only option every time I called) and never got a call back. I contacted SunPower again who directed me to another company. I was able to speak with their representative who said I should not have been directed to them as they don't service systems.

Back to SunPower again and again directed to Centurion Solar. A work order was put in with Centurion and I received an email confirmation of this on Feb. 28, 2024. I called and left yet another message with Centurion (even though I was told they would call me to schedule a service call). No response AGAIN so I called SunPower today (Mar. 16, 2024).

This time they told me they had received an email from Centurion on Mar. 13, 2024 telling them they were trying to locate someone who could address the work order. I asked why someone from SunPower could not address my issue as my electricity bill has been over $1,000 per month since the system went out and I don't even have a date for when the work will be done. I was told that wasn't an option and that I would need to wait for Centurion. Apologies were offered for the delay but as I pointed out to the representative that didn't pay my electric bill. I also asked her if she were in my place would the lack of service be acceptable to her? I did promise that I would give an honest review of the company. I have kept my word, unlike SunPower has done.

Pinned

Carol, we're sorry to read your frustrations and appreciate your review. You can expect an update regarding your service visit in the next 24 business hours. We apologize for any inconvenience and have submitted your review to your case for further investigation. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to talking to you soon.

Customer ServiceMaintenance

Reviewed March 15, 2024

SunPower Complete Confidence Warranty?!? One of my inverters stopped working in October 2023. It took weeks for Sunpower to get someone out to check the problem. When someone finally came, the worker was unable (physically) to go on the roof and troubleshoot there. He only checked the broken inverter in my garage. His diagnosis was the inverter was bad and I needed a new one, except Sunpower wants to have someone go on the roof to be sure. A couple months go by with zero response. I needed to place multiple phone calls to Sunpower asking for this to be done as they are not proactive and weeks will go by with no responses. Then I received an email that one of their subcontractors (Las Vegas) copied me on and said, and I quote, "We respectfully decline this work request. Until the overdue 2023 invoices have been paid to us by SunPower, we will not be accepting additional work requests."

Wow. Should I be worried? Sunpower not paying their bills and cannot get a subcontractor out to fix/replace my inverter. It has now been 5 months and still not working. Sunpower has shown no urgency in fixing this for me. Do they understand that every day that passes is money lost with my panels not generating any power? I am at a loss right now as calling them never gets me anywhere. Perhaps I will need legal counsel. It's a shame because I spoke so highly of Sunpower for years to friends and family that asked about my solar system.

Pinned

Jeremy, we are sorry to read that your expectations are not being met and want to restore your faith in SunPower. Your case manager is actively working to resolve this for you and will be following up with you in the next 24 hours with an update per your recent conversation regarding the work order. We appreciate your feedback and have added it to the case for further investigation and follow-up. We look forward to talking to you soon.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupTechMaintenance

Reviewed March 15, 2024

Sunpower provides the worst customer experience. We have a roof reinstalled last year and scheduled reinstallation of the solar panel. We scheduled an appointing, the technician came and saying that they missed some parts which needs to be ordered but will be shipped very soon. I asked if they could come back after the parts came, they said they would. But they didn't after waiting for a week. I called to reschedule another, they came again, again, they missed some parts. So I scheduled one more, they came, they still miss some parts. I scheduled another one, this time, they finished, and said they would give us some update. It turned out the solar is still not working. I called the customer service, they just sent us emails daily saying they are trying to connect with the technician, yet nothing happens. So I called them again, they ask to schedule another appointment to check why it's not working. It has been already 4 - 5 months, and we are still waiting for our next appointment. BTW, each time when we schedule, we have to wait for a month or so for the next appointment.

Pinned

Hi Ziqun, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention and want to investigate this further on your behalf. We have submitted your concerns and review to our Escalations Team for review and follow-up. We want to restore your faith in SunPower and look forward to talking to you soon.

Customer Service

Reviewed March 12, 2024

I expressed interest in solar products through Consumer Affairs. Within five minutes I was contacted by a sales rep from SunPower. In less than 24 hours I was contacted more than ten times through email, text messages and phone calls. I was even awakened early in the morning by a phone call. Because of this aggressive contact, I will not do business with SunPower.

Pinned

Duane, we're sorry to read your review and apologize for any inconvenience. We are taking your review seriously and have submitted it to our sales team for further investigation. We'd like to restore your faith in SunPower and would love the chance to speak with you. Please send us a private message here on Consumer Affairs if you change your mind. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and wish you the best on your solar journey.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupTechSavings

Reviewed March 5, 2024

I can't tell you how disappointed we are with the customer service. We got our panels installed in August 2023 and our electric bills have been almost $300/mo every month and it's now March! I have called several times to try to get this looked at, and have gotten mixed messages from each rep and zero follow up, it's like I have to start over every time. The tech who came out said he was replacing the solar unit the first time, then he said that wasn't the issue, they needed to rewire, and apparently that took place but then customer service knew nothing about any of it - they just keep saying "we are still testing and will call you in 24 hours" which never happens.

I've spoken to multiple people who are clearly in a call center in another country reading from a script, who have ALL promised they'd follow up with me within 24 hours via phone and email, and haven't gotten a response from anyone. I've had to call back numerous times, waiting on hold to finally talk to someone who does nothing to help move this along. It's now escalated, but does that even mean anything?

Meanwhile, we are left with hefty electric bills on top of the fees we paid for solar. We went with Sunpower over a competitor because we were told they'd be monitoring our system, which gave us the peace of mind that they would be checking in to ensure it was working properly and we had the right amount of panels, etc. That is not happening. Somebody needs to be held accountable for these expenses we are incurring, and it should not be us. We were supposed to be saving money, not doubling our expenses. This is insane. Huge buyer's remorse.

MaintenanceSavings

Reviewed March 3, 2024

Sunpower was great at first. System worked and I was saving money on electricity. Five years down the road however, panels are starting to breakdown and stopped working and I have been given the runaround by Sunpower as they do not want to back their stated 25 year warranty.

Pinned

Kham, we're sorry to read about your experience and see that an Escalations specialist is currently working your case to resolution. We have submitted your sentiments for further investigation and follow-up. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to talking to you soon.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupMaintenance

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2024

Let me begin by saying I have only left one negative review for a company in my life. Just writing this makes me sick... I feel others should know about my experience before making a HUGE purchase such as solar panels on their homes. Let's start with the facts... The company promises but does not in any way to live up to the promise. This was a $70K project.

1) The project managers are so overwhelmed you're not going to receive a response in a timely manner. Sometimes weeks. The project will be delayed (which one can argue is normal for construction).

2) The workmanship is terrible. I wish I could post pictures to show the trash, nails, plastic, roofing shingles, metal bars, and food wrappers that were left on my roof when the solar installation was complete. God only knows what the attic looks like because I haven't been there.

3) Installation was delayed and then the permitting was delayed months. This means I was paying my $300 solar bill every month and PG&E electric bill simultaneously for three months. When I contacted Sunpower about this I was told I would get a refund. That's great right? But nothing happened. Then I contacted them again, and I was assured a refund process will begin. Then my "case" was escalated. I haven't heard anything since October 2023. This is after 5 emails, 6 phone calls. Still no response and we are now In February, 14th 2024.

4) It gets worse. Last month there was a leak in my roof. The roof is brand new. I contacted the roofing company and was shown pictures of how the solar panels were not installed properly by Sunpower. This was $450 to patch (not repair, just a temporary patch to stop the water from the rain coming into my home as it was destroying the drywall and flooring. You would think the solution is simple right? Call Sunpower have them fix it? Well, it's been almost one month, and Sunpower has called and messaged me now 3 times, asking the same questions about the roof. Meanwhile nothing has been done. They took one week just to confirm the install was under warranty. After that happened my roof is still not fixed nor the $450 refunded.

I did my research and thought this was a great company to go with for solar panels. I'm so disappointed. You will have one person tell you something and another say something else. Your problems and concerns will receive no response once the project is complete and you sign the paperwork. This was a $70K install. Once they get your money you are left in the dust. So sad... Gluck with your solar journey and please do your due diligence before choosing a company.

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2024

The initial installation wasn’t performed according to what was promised by sales person. Even though there was already a SunPower installation by the home builder, SunPower failed to leverage it and had to do run wires outside. Lot of incompetence with the installation and no coordination amongst various teams at SunPower. They also overstate the energy production.

Pinned

We're sorry to read that your installation experience did not meet your expectations, appreciate your feedback and want to help. Your review has been submitted to your case and manager for further investigation and assistance. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to talking to you soon.

Installation & SetupSavings

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2024

The panels were installed within a month of when we signed the papers, but then the hook-up to getting an electrician to my location took five months and just dragged on and on. They had to send somebody from Iowa and it took a while. They're out of town and they were trying to figure out how to get people to my location. But the installation was done well. The only thing I've been picky about is that one of the conduit lines for electricity wasn't connected all the way. Maybe some rain was getting in between there and the electric line. But the rest of it was done perfectly. My electric bill definitely has been lower since then. The equipment is working and it seems to be installed correctly.

Pinned

Matthew, we're glad to hear that you were able to have your issue resolved and that the system is meeting your expectations. Your feedback is sincerely appreciated. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered.

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2024

I had a hail claim with SunPower and it took way too long to get them take them off my roof so I can get my new roof on and then putting them back on. Other than that, since I started using my panels, it cut my monthly bill down 40% or so in summer. But it's not as good in the winter when it's snow-covered.

Pinned

Your feedback is essential to us in improving our services; thank you for sharing your experience. Please reach out to us if you need any assistance. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered.

Customer ServiceTech

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

I don't have any issues with the product itself but I'm disgusted with their poor customer service. They initially put some of the panels on the north side which were not in the plan and the installer went out of business immediately after. I paid to have critter guard up myself and paid nearly $1000. SunPower hired their contractor to do some kind of work that I never requested and they took down my critter guard. Now the pigeons are nesting underneath and making a mess. They did have that same contractor to come back to replace it but after two times, their expertise failed and the pigeons are still coming and going, raising their young under the panels, and pooping everywhere on my home and in my pool. It's obvious that their contractor has no intention of fixing the problem and just wants more job orders to get paid over and over again.

Pinned

Ken, we're sorry to read about your critter experience and issue and would like to help. Please send us a private message here with your account and contact details and we will have a specialist follow-up with you. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to talking to you soon.

Contract & Terms

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

Enrolling with SunPower was very easy and took about 2.5 months from the time I signed the contract to the time I had power. That includes the time when the power company had to come out and check everything. On the next month, I noticed the difference and so far, I'm totally satisfied with my decision to go solar.

Pinned

Ron, we're so delighted to read that you are happy with your decision to go solar. We really appreciate your feedback and thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Tech

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

SunPower did a great job. They took care of everything, and between the permit process and everything else, it took 30 days tops. I was very satisfied with everybody, from the salesman all the way through the crew. The installers were great guys, and the paperwork says they're gonna warranty anything if I have a problem. Also, I had a fixed rate from SunPower and right away, I saw my electric bill being under $50 a month. I like that a lot. Some of my energy bills were only $10, $12. I'm very happy, and I've already told quite a few people about SunPower. I would recommend them all day long.

Pinned

Ralph, we're happy to know that your service and installation went well. It is wonderful to read about your satisfaction and savings. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

Sunpower has been great. We haven't had any problems at all, and we have recommended them to friends.

Pinned

We appreciate your review and recommendation, Mrs. Hawkinson. It is great to know you are happy with your system and service. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Installation & SetupTechPrice

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2024

We had a good experience. The quote was comparable to a second company's quote. We liked SunPower because of their good history and good reputation. The installation was faster than we expected - especially when considering all the entities involved. There were two issues that ended up slowing things down a bit. The first was that the roof needed to be supported in a few places because it was soft. The installers added 2x4s in certain places under the roof. The second was that the utilities electricity meter and wire needed to be replaced because of its poor condition. That was also taken care of. A bit of a slow down because of these things but glad the installers noticed these things and help take care of them. The panels have been up and running for a week now and they are generating about as much as was expected. So we recommend this company.

Pinned

David, we really enjoyed reading your review. It is wonderful to know the installation met your expectations and that your system did as well. Thank you for your feedback and recommendation.

Customer ServiceTechOnline & App

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2024

I used Art ** as our consultant and Garrett ** at Sunpower Direct. Our experience is awful. It takes weeks if not months for either to respond. Our system was installed on 10/27/2023. We were promised two months of Solar generation without a payment. Instead we began paying for the system before it was activated. The system was activated in January and has never worked properly. It produces half of what it should and shows on the app that the system is not functioning properly. The equipment is theoretically the best and the warranties appear excellent but they are bogged down by unmanageable bureaucracy. You pay a premium price, you expect premium service. Please people go with local vendors.

Pinned

George, we're sorry to read that your expectations are not being met and want to restore your faith in SunPower. Your own technical support case has been submitted to our escalations team for further further investigation and follow-up. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and look forward to talking to you soon.

Online & App

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2024

Sunpower has been great. My experience was easy all the way through the whole process, and I never had any issues from start to finish to even now. It's always been a positive experience with everybody that I've interacted with. Their app for monitoring the system is absolutely wonderful too. Everything I need to know is at the tip of my finger. Overall, I've always recommended Sunpower, and given the benefits that I've received, tried to persuade people.

Pinned

Hi Matthew, we are so happy to see how satisfied you are with your SunPower system. Please reach out in the future with any further questions that may arise or any additional feedback. Seeing clients happy and confident with their results in choosing SunPower is always a pleasure. Thank you for helping us change how our world is powered!

Installation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

I had the very simple, best transaction, and best price with SunPower. I'm very happy with everything. They did a great job. They were efficient and clean when they did the installation. And if I had an issue, I could call them up and there would be someone to talk to, not just the automated thing. They're professional and reachable. When my electric bill was between 500 and 600 and until Con Edison raised the rates, I paid $20. I now pay $40 a month. I've recommended SunPower to a few friends.

Pinned

It is always a pleasure seeing clients happy and confident with their results in choosing SunPower. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

I have been hotly recommending SunPower everywhere, from my area via Savkat. I contacted Savkat and they happened to work with SunPower. Their product has so far worked very well. We had our doubts whether it would be economically worth it. It turned out better than anything we expected. We are happy.

Pinned

We are happy to read you are enjoying your system and received exceptional experience, Nicolas. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceMaintenance

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

The installation team was great. Justin took care of it. I've had a few times where Sunpower had to come out and fix the system, and it was a little frustrating. When I do service calls, I call SunPower and then they pass me on to Mulholland. Then Mulholland passes me on to Abraxas. That's the frustrating part, because I called last month and tried to reach out to the same chain, but still haven't heard anything. I still have an issue with my solar panels. It's like going through all these chains when SunPower should, on their side, just call the shots and get it done. As of today, I still have a little thing that says one or more devices are not properly working. Right now, it's saying I'm producing 2.3 kilowatts and I'm feeding off the grid 1.9. I do enjoy having the system. It has saved me quite a bit of money. Back in June, July and August, my bills were $500 or $600. But now, it's a third of the cost during those peak times of the season.

Pinned

Onecimo, we're sorry to read you are having communication issues regarding your current issue with your panels. A new case has been created on your behalf for review and follow-up. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to talking to you soon.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceOnline & App

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

The installation was amazing. The team did an awesome job. They were really good. You get what you pay for, but Sunpower is expensive. I have the app and it's very helpful. I could see exactly what the system was generating. I could also see each and every panel that was installed in my house, and which one is producing. So they're very detailed about it and it's really good. The customer service at Sunpower was good at first and very informative. But after it was already starting and when we got the solar installed, I never heard of the rep anymore. In fact, I referred him to other two people who also didn't hear from him anymore. They were really disappointed. When I was getting my incentive, we left emails and phone calls. But we didn't hear from him anymore.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPrice

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

I figured going solar would help me on the electric bill but so far, it really hasn't. I'm a little bit frustrated because I told the SunPower salesperson that talked to us that we need to get a 200 amp service box put outside. We have a 100 amp service but our bills are still $250 a month. He said to not worry about it and he'd take care of it and absorb the cost of the new 200 amp panel. They got it going really fast after the paperwork was signed, but we were gone at the time. We didn't know they were coming in to put in the system. About a week later, we got back and I found out the system was in and there was no 200 amp box in there as promised.

Then, when their workers came to finish up some wiring and they put it all together, they had to redo some stuff because the box wasn't big enough to put all the stuff in there. They had to cut back on a component or two to get the wire back together. Plus we had to push with all of our might just to get the face plate back into the box. On top of that, they went to start up the system and they blew the system, because somebody who previously put in the wire kept the insulation. It was arcing from the big power surge through the wires and it was grounding out to the boxes. They still haven't been out to fix that and I still don't have my 200 amp box.

The guy who promised us this box called us up and said that there were some other added things that had to happen and he couldn't cover the box. He said it was gonna cost about $3,500 to have that 200 amp box brought in here. He said he was willing to split the cost with us but that wasn't what he promised. Then, I got a call from the company that said if they could get me together with one of their representatives and work out a compromise. I told them the only thing I wanted worked out is that that box gets replaced as was promised. If the rep is gonna regurgitate the same information that they were telling me, there is no need to talk. They said the guy didn't put it in the specs and he didn't say that the box needed to be replaced. I told them they could come out and get this whole system out of here.

I haven't heard from them in two weeks and my system still isn't running. And it's pretty expensive. I've been lied to, taken advantage of, and bait-and-switched. I still have the same 100 amp service that's inadequate. They did a nice job with the installation of all the panels, though. I'm happy about that. It looks great and professional.

Pinned

Hi Michael, we're happy to read your satisfaction with the look and installation of your panels. That being said we are sorry to read other parts of your experience have not met your expectations and want to help. Your review has been submitted to our escalations team for further investigation and follow-up. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and look forward to talking to you soon.

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

They installed the system right around Christmas. It was extremely cold and I could not believe that the crew was out here working when it was that cold. But they did and they were very professional about everything and got it done. I was kinda hesitant about SunPower. I figured there would be a bad side to everything, but we have not experienced the least amount of problems with anything.

Pinned

Robert, we are so happy to subvert your expectations and know that you are enjoying your savings. We're glad your system was installed just in time for the holiday season and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

I did a lot of research and SunPower seemed like they had a quality product and they have more of an established system with everything ready to go. It wasn't like a lot of components from different manufacturers all put together. They had their own stuff. The system has been trouble-free. It's generating power like it's supposed to. I'm running two houses on the same bill and I hardly ever get a bill.

Pinned

We love to hear that you are enjoying the savings that your system provides, Michael. We take pride in our products and work and happy to have met your expectations. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Price

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

My experience with SunPower has been very good. They're very professional and they provide you with all the information you need. Their pricing was also reasonable.

Pinned

It is great to know that you are happy with our service, knowledge and pricing, Patrick. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered.

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

They've been a good company to deal with. The solar panels work well. Getting enrolled with them was very easy. They were here on time during installation.

Pinned

We're so happy to know the team was punctual and met your expectations. Congrats on going solar, Robert. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Battery

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

SunPower has been really good. I started in 2013 when I had my first set of SunPower panels put on. Then I was able to get more panels. I looked into them and SunPower was still the best. I went with them over 10 years later. The people I worked with were awesome because they had to tie into an old system that didn't have microinverters. They were very good at tying the system. I tied a battery system into it. There was a lot of engineering that had to come up. They did an awesome job with engineering all that and putting it. I was able to put the battery where I wanted it to go, which was even better.

Pinned

It is wonderful to know you are happy with your service and battery, Robb. We truly appreciate your positive feedback and glad that the team was able to work with you and get everything handled to your preference. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Installation & SetupTechPrice

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

My experience with SunPower has been good. The installation of our panels went fine. I didn't even know the installers were here. I've been with them for two years now and so far, the price is down.

Pinned

Richard, we are so delighted to read that you are satisfied with your system and savings. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupTechBattery

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2024

We began our solar installation journey in November 2023. It's now almost February 2024 and we are not complete with our solar installation. If you're looking for honest, speedy, and effective solar installation.. I would NOT recommend Sunpower. I've NEVER written a poor review before... But I've tried my hardest to be patient and understanding and our family has reached it's limit. While the techs who have come to our house have been amazing, Sunpower constantly switched them out or completely skipped sending them various times. Our installation started early summer 2023 and is still not done.

Issues we've experienced with Sunpower:

1- Communication: Extremely poor communication and time management from project managers. At one point an inspection was scheduled BEFORE installation was completed. They're also constantly pulling the techs that were already familiar with our house and project to send new people out.
      2- False promises: We received 2 broken panels and a battery that has not worked for the past 5 months. It was also not the battery that was documented in our loan. NO explanation was given for why it was changed. When we emailed to ask, radio silence.

3- Cost: They started charging us for our loan starting in AUGUST 2023... We are still not fully operation and are paying BOTH the Sunpower loan AND our Eversource bill.

Pinned

Tina, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention and understand your frustrations. Your case is being handled by one of our Executive Escalations Specialists and we have submitted your review and feedback for further investigation and follow-up. We want to help restore your faith in SunPower and look forward to talking to you again soon.

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2024

The installation seemed to go smoothly. It was a good experience. Since having the system, I have lower monthly bills and there were some months that I didn't have any bills. I installed an air conditioner and electric furnace since I had the system. So I am using more electricity than I used to. I still have some bills when it's really cold or hot, but they're much lower than what they would be otherwise.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupTechOnline & App

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

Our system was installed in 2014 by a SunPower-certified company, and since then has failed multiple times (at least 6?) due to equipment malfunctions. Getting it back online typically takes months, during which time we generate no electricity. Getting Sunpower to stand behind their warranties is incredibly difficult. Usually, we find the problem ourselves (despite the claim that they will notify us of a problem, they have never done so in the 9 years we've owned the system), then our installer inspects the system and files a claim with SunPower.

We are supposed to wait to hear from SunPower, but weeks go by and then I follow up. I spend an hour on the phone with them while they tell me to the installer has to inspect the system and file a claim (yes, done), then they find the claim and say it was denied because our system is out of warranty (it is not). A second claim is then filed and we wait again, same runaround.

SunPower always says, despite their provided documentation, that their warranties vary - for example 3 to 10 years on inverters (no document I was provided, nor have found on their website ever, says this, so caveat emptor). Huge delays also occur because they always point the finger at our installer ("you need to contact your installer for this"), and the installer points fingers back at them ("SunPower holds the warranty so we need to go through them"). I am surprised that there is not a class action suit against this company because we can't be the only ones who have experienced this malarkey. It would be funny except we have lost at least one-third of our expected power generation because of these ridiculous delays.

Pinned

Hi Lisa, we are sorry to read that you have had issues with your systems performance as well as the system warranty and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Your open case has been escalated for further investigation and follow up. We want to help restore your faith in SunPower and look forward to talking to you soon.

Maintenance

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2024

I understand that these systems are not infallible, but my system stopped working and displaying an arc fault error code. There is a known defect regarding my model and it took a long time for them to send someone to look at it (over a month with no production). The fix was temporary and it failed again