2x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service and Best for Installation
3.8(2,273)
Author pictureAuthor picture
Author picture
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

2x Award Winner

About SunPower

SunPower provides green energy solutions for homeowners. It offers complete solar energy systems and battery storage options, and its comprehensive SunPower home solar warranty includes all components of the system — not just the solar panels — for added peace of mind. The company ensures only SunPower-certified installers handle solar installation jobs.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Comprehensive transferable warranty
    • Variety of finance options
    • Broad international dealer network
    Cons
    • Dealers may provide different levels of service
    • “Master dealers” aren’t available nationwide

Stars Rating

• 60%
    • 9%
    • 4%
    • 4%
    • 22%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunPower?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SunPower?

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2023

The representatives at SunPower were very good. Jay was very good. As a matter of fact, we got to a point where we almost didn't wanna do it, because, all of a sudden, the prices spiked about a month ago. I was like, "Interest rates spiked. We'll just put it on the shelf for a while." Jay came up with some innovative ways to persuade us to continue the process, and it worked out well. We're happy. We just had the initial survey of the house done last week, and so far, they've fulfilled everything they said they were gonna do.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your SunPower experience. We strive to give our customers the best-in-class service and products. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything we can assist with in the future. Our team is always ready to help. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Tech

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2023

They got the installers and everybody was great. From the salesman to the installers, not a complaint.

Pinned

Hi, we are happy to see how satisfied you are with your SunPower system and the smooth installation process. Please reach out in the future with any further questions that may arise or any additional feedback. It is always a pleasure seeing clients happy and confident with their results in choosing SunPower. Welcome aboard!

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2023

I was very pleased with the customer service provided by Isabella Joyce **. She was very patient and answered all my queries. I had no prior knowledge of anything related to solar installation and she was very helpful and explained every step of the process in detail. I am very happy that I found her on the other end of the line.

Pinned

Prabhath, we are delighted to read that Joyce provided you with an exceptional customer service experience. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2023

We decided to go with solar to future proof our energy needs. Not knowing what prices for energy would look like, we felt it best to protect ourselves and the environment. Mel, Ian, and the team are the absolute best. Extremely professional, knowledgeable, and always available to answer our questions. Happy we went with SunPower.

Pinned

We appreciate you sharing your SunPower experience. It's exciting to have you as part of the SunPower family, and it's such a joy to see your satisfaction with your transition to solar. Please reach out to us if there is anything we can assist you with in the future. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2023

We decided to go solar to help save on our energy bill and to get a little off the power grid. Everything was and has been a simple and easy process. Our sales rep Jorge was and still is doing a fantastic job. We are unhappy with being told we needed a panel upgrade and not receiving such thing. Jorge is still trying to make us very happy customers, despite Sunpower not upholding to what we need to use our new solar system properly.

Pinned

Hi Terra, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience and look further into this situation. We take your feedback and comments seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I have reached out to your Executive Support Specialist to alert them of your sentiments and notated the case on your behalf.

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2023

I decided to go solar for several reasons. Aps is raising their rates and electric is really high here in the summer. I also feel it is better for the environment. I researched it and chose SunPower. The product is well made with reliable and sturdy materials. The process was easy and I was kept informed of every step in the process. I am very pleased with SunPower.

Online & App

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2023

We went solar to save money and help the environment. The whole team at Sunpower was great, start to finish. They were flexible, communicative, and delivered on their promise. We really love watching our system generate power every day on the app!

Pinned

Scott, we appreciate you sharing your exceptional experience with us and are delighted to know you are enjoying your system. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2023

I wish I never did. To start with it’s the contractor you all use to sell and install the system. Nothing has resolved for 2 years. In addition your customer service department needs complete do over. You keep the customers on hold over 40mins with no one updating the customer. If I could give 0 starts that’s what I would do!!

Pinned

Hi Ebru, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience and look further into this situation. We take your feedback and comments seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I have reached out to your Executive Support Specialist to alert them of your sentiments and notated the case on your behalf.

Installation & SetupTech

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2023

The service technician was able to locate my account and helped me with software download for monitoring. I was very pleased with his helpful attitude. Our equipment is working properly after several years of installation. I am very happy with the service.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's a delight to know that you had a great experience with your service technician and that they provided excellent support. We are glad to see that your concerns were immediately resolved and completed to your satisfaction. If you have any needs in the future, please reach out to us for help. Thank you!

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2023

As every one has said, to save money for Electric Bill and to avoid ever increasing electric costs. Hope to have reliable and stable solar system to meet daily to yearly electric demand. As stated in the contract, it has 30 years warranty and hope It will not require and repair.

Pinned

What a wonderful review! We hope to hear of your savings and satisfaction with our products soon. Thank you for helping us change how our world is powered!

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2023

I leased solar panels approx 6 years ago and was told I could upgrade to larger system at the time I had installed. Now Sun Power tells me that I can’t upgrade to larger system because it’s a lease. I would have to keep paying on my current lease and get new system. They lied to me and now since I’m retired and I bought an electric vehicle I’m using more and now I have a system that’s costing way too much money. DO NOT USE SUN POWER!

Pinned

Hi, we're sorry to hear that your expectations are not being met. Please expect a call from an Executive Support Specialist to discuss your concerns in detail and provide additional assistance. We appreciate your business and truly value your feedback.

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2023

SunPower's customer service has been good. The only issue that I had was getting an appointment for the labor. They were a little overbooked back then. It looks like there was a lot of demand. Other than that, everything was really good. I have lower monthly bill mostly during the hot weather, summer, and part of the spring, then fall. It's pretty much all year but some months more than others. Overall, I'm very happy with the system and I'm pleased with the service.

Pinned

Axel, we are delighted that you have had an exceptional experience with your SunPower system. Thank you for your feedback and for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2023

One of the workers was a jerk. But Doug, our territory sales rep, continues to be amazing. He came out, met with us, and came back after he did a proposal. We did not want the solar panels in front of our house. That was an important thing to us. He came back, spent time with us and rearranged where we would put the solar panels to get the best efficiency. He was out here three times.

I heard Doug is no longer with the company, and that's unfortunate, because he was the reason why we went with SunPower. He was awesome in explaining everything. We're happy, so far. However, we assumed the panels would be black when we got them but they weren't, and black would be an additional charge. We decided it wasn't worth the additional charge to get it. So, we stayed with it. I wish I had known upfront that they wouldn't be black. Other than that, we have seen a lower monthly bill, and referred Doug out to a couple of other people.

Pinned

Angela, we appreciate your review and feedback and glad to read that you are enjoying your system and savings. We have passed along your feedback to the proper team for review as well an apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2023

My solar power has been fine, so far. The payment has been great. I have the mobile app, which I enjoy thoroughly. I just need someone to explain it to me. I would recommend better explanation of how to use it and interpret it. And a bill so we know what we're looking at on the NEM. Because the utilities talk about a delivery rate. It has been a learning process, where if they had explained it to me, I would've understood it. I wouldn't have to spend so much time looking at it. The rep demonstrated it but he did it fast and didn't leave a lot of time for questions. And the first bill I got, it would have been nice if either the sales rep or someone came out and said, "Now, this is what you're looking at." But that was the only disappointment. SunPower did everything. The salesman was a good experience. And the installation guys were excellent. I love it so far.

Pinned

Clifford, we appreciate your review and delighted to read that you are enjoying your system. If you still have questions please call our support team at 1-800-SUNPOWER (1-800-786-7693) or shoot us an email to customersuccess@sunpowercorp.com. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to talking to you.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2023

Enrolling with SunPower was quick and easy. They were here one day to install the panels, and they came back a couple days later with the town to do the hookup. It was a very positive experience.

Pinned

Andrew, we appreciate you sharing your exceptional experience. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2023

I decided to go solar because it will save me money and it will help the environment. There was no upfront cost and an excellent interest rate. The process following document signing has been very efficient and very well communicated.

Pinned

Christine, it is wonderful to read your satisfaction with your SunPower system and savings. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2023

I called because I stopped receiving monthly reports of our solar generated and used. The gentleman who helped me was patient, kind, direct and solved my question (although SunPower could have sent an email saying monthly reports are generated from the app henceforth). Anyway, he was great. Thanks.

Pinned

June, we are happy to read that you were able to get the assistance you needed in an amicable fashion. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2023

I called with a question and reached Fredrick. He was helpful and took the time to answer my question fully. I was most pleased that Fredrick had a good command of English. I do not know where he was, but I would be happy to use his help again.

Pinned

Michael, we appreciate you sharing the wonderful experience you had with Frederick. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2023

We're still in the earlier stages of the process. We've only done the surveying. We haven't done any installation, but so far, so good. I have another company that does have solar, and by comparison, SunPower is much better. They are more organized.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2023

For both environmental and to hopefully save money on electric bills. May, the person assisting me with problem was very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. She answered all of my q questions and was able to solve the problem. My data now appears when I open my Sunpower account online and it no longer states sunpower has lost communication with me.

Pinned

We are thrilled to read about your exceptional experience, Annemarie. Thanks for sharing and for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2023

The process was very easy and efficient. Excellent customer service. We got it installed, and the system started working in almost 2 months after I made the first appointment. I really like the monitoring portal where I can track our usage.

Pinned

Alphi, it is great to read that you had an exceptional experience going solar. We appreciate your review and thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2023

The SunPower representative - Jeremiah -who called to discuss my new solar system project and loan terms was friendly, professional, and answered all my questions. He’s great and I’d like those in a position to reward him for his excellent customer service to know it!

Regards’

Jennifer **

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2023

We were required by law to have solar in the new house. Our only option was to purchase or lease from SunPower. We decided to purchase so we can take advantage of the credit from the state and Al’s possibly from the federal government if it also offered any credits for going solar.

Pinned

Charles, we appreciate your review. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2023

The SunPower team worked closely with me to understand my unique situation and needs. They promptly responded to all of my questions to design a system that would meet all of my future power needs. The installation process all the way through PTO was smooth and efficient. Great job.

Pinned

James, we appreciate you sharing your exceptional experience with us and are delighted to know you are enjoying your system. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2023

Everything the salesman said they would do, they did. With the panels, our bill has definitely been lower. The only thing I would do differently is to have them installed on an arbor so I could clean them. Also, my app isn't monitoring my house. It tells me to sign in every time and it takes me to the forgot password page. So, I hit view demo and it pulls up the production, consumption and storage. But mine doesn't have storage. Also on some days, when I click on it, it shows that my system is only producing 500. Today is cloudy and the app is saying we're producing 10.2 kilowatts. Other than that, I recommend SunPower to everybody.

Pinned

Byron, we appreciate your feedback and review. It is wonderful that you are enjoying system and savings. Send us a private message here on Consumer Affairs if you are still experiencing any issues or had any questions and we will connect you with a representative. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2023

Overall the experience was good. However it took a long time from the time we originally signed to today with the system finally turned on. Also, poor communication when installation date was changed, but the crew did not get the message. Also had to change the location of the conduit linking the panels. Not a big problem and it was handled in a timely manner. Other than the time it was a good experience.

Pinned

Hi there. Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. Your feedback is essential to us improving our services. We appreciate your review and thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Online & App

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2023

SunPower's reps came out and did the drawing of the optimal location of the panels. We went back and forth on how many we really needed, given our energy consumption needs in the past and the future, then we talked about the financing route. We ultimately wound up doing with Tech Credit Union. But then, from start to finish, our experience was pretty seamless. We had a couple of guys up on the roof for a few days, and they stayed on site, showed me how the system works and how the app works, and got set up. It was pretty idiotproof, so we liked it a lot.

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2023

Been looking for Solar options to save money in the long run. SunPower has exceeded my expectations so far with their staff’s responsiveness and communication. Thank you Isabella, David and the lady who immediately called me back when I submitted the initial inquiry.

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2023

We went solar to save money. For years our electric bill has been creeping up. Going solar is a lower price overall, but it's good for the environment. Sunpower has been professional and very informative throughout the process. I recommend them 100%.

Installation & SetupTechSales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023

I picked Sunpower, manufacturer their own panels, sales and service all under one company. The service installers were very professional and organize during installation. I will recommend this company to all my friends. All phase from sales to service has been the best in the business.

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023

System failed on Nov 1 and it took until January 23 to correct. The company did not keep its promises regarding ongoing payments during the outage and also charged me a service fee for a non payment that they had approved. I made many phone calls and spent literally hours on the phone trying to get some action.

Pinned

Thank you for the information, Greg. A case has been created on your behalf and escalated to our Escalations team for review. Once a case manager is assigned and reviews your account and issue they will reach out to follow up. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and hope you have a great day.

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023

The sales rep from SunPower was really friendly and outgoing and explained everything detail by detail about how it would work and how much I would save. So far, he's been 100% accurate. He was also available via email at any time I needed and had any questions. It took a little bit more than expected. But it was easy. It was the perfect amount of panels for what I wanted. As soon as everything got approved, the installation went quickly. The only thing that took a little longer after that was just getting the final approval from the APS.

SunPower has an app with your login information. You could track everything on your phone. It gives you the accuracy of how many kilowatts each panel is producing throughout the day. It's very user-friendly. I love going solar with SunPower. I’ve already saved within the first month since the system got turned on. I've noticed a big difference in my electricity bill dropping.

Pinned

Abel, we appreciate you sharing your exceptional experience with us. It is wonderful to read you are enjoying your new system. Congratulations on going solar and thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023

I went for solar to 1. Save money 2. Increase electric capacity. So far I am only over the initial site survey. Everyone is very polite, friendly and professional at SP. The scheduled events happened exactly as they were supposed to happen and my questions were all addressed. Can't wait to see the setup working in action!

Pinned

Hello, we appreciate your review and feedback. It is wonderful to read how amicable your solar experience has been. Thank you for helping us change the way our world is powered!

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023

We recently purchased a new construction home which included a solar system from Sunpower. After living in the home for approx 1 year, we felt we needed to upgrade the size of our system to better fit our needs. Isabella was a great help and was able to assist us with the installation of additional panels.

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2023

I want to save money. Hope it is what SunPower explained to me and will see in few months. So far the process is smooth and Zy help me with the initial setup. She did a great job. Hope the rest of the project will be the same.

PriceMaintenance

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2023

I Purchased 26 Sunpower solar panels. The panels have met my expectations. I am no longer paying PG&E, outrageous monthly charges. I have them professionally cleaned once, twice per year, and no additional maintenance required. Recently, I introduced Sunpower solar panels, to a friend and he purchased 24 panels. I am in the process of receiving $500 for the successful referral.

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2023

I looked up the best providers for panels and SunPower was one of them. I talked to an agent and it sounded like SunPower was who I wanted to go with. I got my son and a friend to do it, too. SunPower did us great and they hooked us up with a company. When the panels were installed and when I hooked it up with the electric company, the trade was one-for-one. SunPower originally said I wouldn't have to pay the bill for the electricity. I just pay off my panels. But they changed this and they don't exchange it one-for-one anymore. The company, Rhythm, changed where we have to pay for electricity.

When we talked to the electric company yesterday, we were told that SunPower did not do a part. But one of the reasons that we signed up to get solar was because we had an understanding through whoever it was we talked to that was a SunPower agent that they could hook us up with an electric company that will make it so that we don't have to pay the electric company. We only have to pay for our solar panels. This worked for a year then the electric company changed it so that now we have to pay them. We check on the computer every day and look at how much we're pulling in through the solar panels and we still did not have to pay an electric company because we make all of the electricity through those panels. That changing on us was a downer.

Another thing is with the way that the panels are positioned on our house, that works excellently at this time of the year. We got the panels installed in October, a year ago. During this time of the year is when we were getting the most from them. But the sun goes to a different position in the summer. You would think that you would make more in the summer, especially in Texas, but because the sun is in a different place, we don't make what we do in the winter through those panels. That part isn't very good because the summer is when you pull all this electricity for your air conditioner, which has the most usage that we ever have. Also, by signing up our son, we were supposed to get something from SunPower but we haven't had that happen yet.

SunPower seemed like it was a no-brainer and that there was a fixed thing happening with our electric bill and that was our attraction. It was very pleasing to us. And now, since it's not gonna be up in the air again, we wouldn't be able to tell somebody, "Oh, it's gonna be working for you like this," because we have no idea how it would work for them.

Pinned

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. We apologize for your experience and will have an Executive Support Specialist reach out to you to look into this further.

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2023

Enrolling with Sunrun was very easy. The rep I dealt with was very good and helpful. I highly recommended him. So far, everything's working well and I recommended part of my family in California to use Sunrun.