3.59/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Staples

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

732 Staples Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 31, 2019

I came into the Decatur AL store with a huge problem. I had ordered some Bridal Shower invitations offline from Vistaprint a month before the shower and they were delayed 3 times and I was notified that they would not make it time for the shower. I had to get them out THAT DAY and I was so upset because I had no idea what I was to do, I had a list of 100 people coming to this bridal shower and had spent at that time spent a large sum on the facility to have the shower and I had no invitations. A friend of mine suggested that I go to Staples, so I did.

I went in and asked where their invitations were and Vicki pointed me to them. There were not enough in stock, so she suggested that review with her the ones that she could have printed for me SAME DAY. She was patient, VERY KIND, extremely helpful, and seriously saved the day as far as I was concerned. Together we chose a card, put all of the information on it, reviewed it several times, and she told me she would have them ready by 4:00 that day, even found me a coupon for me to use and gave me a discount card for any additional printing I may need done in the future... Seriously she is the BEST. Everyone at the Decatur store is so wonderful, and helpful people. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

Original review: May 26, 2019

My fiancé and I decided on a last minute wedding to take place in a month. I made up the invitations and response cards and went to Staples. Josie went out of her way to get them and also return address labels printed up and ready within a few hours. The quality of paper used for the invitations and response cards is just beautiful, and so professional looking. It was so easy to just email her the store email of what I had designed, and then get them printed up! She made everything go very smoothly! I would recommend the print shop and Josie any day! I will be returning to have thank you cards done after the wedding.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2019

A couple weeks ago I went into Staples in Rolla MO, I had had an accident a month prior and was still having trouble walking I had to use a Walker. The manager met me, sat me down in 1 of their very comfortable office chairs and went and got all I needed. She walked me to checkout and waited with me and then carried my stuff to my car. I think her name was Lisa, I don't remember the man's name at the register, I couldn't have asked for better service. When I went in there was no one to help me, she happened to come around the corner and seen me looking at calculators. She asked if I had been helped and when I said no she apologized. I will go back and thank her again when I get time. Staples Rolla has all my service.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I recently bought some DVD cases from the Hurstbourne Lane store. When I got home my husband said they wouldn't work because they were tinted. So I called the store and asked if they had them in clear and at the same price. The lady said yes. When I got to the store to exchange them the price for the clear ones was almost 3 times as much as the ones I was returning. I told the manager that I was told they were the same price. He was very nice and agreed to change the price of the clear ones. When I got them home we realized the clear ones were much better than the ones I had exchanged so I understand why they were so much more. I was really impressed with the manager who wanted to make his customer happy. I will continue to shop there.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I went to the Staples in Brighton Michigan to pick up some brochures we had ordered to be printed on Nov 2, 2018 around 6:30 pm and received the best customer service by an employee named Miles that I have ever received ANYWHERE in ANY STORE I HAVE EVER BEEN A CUSTOMER IN! We had ordered the wrong type of paper to be printed on and Miles very eagerly, patiently, kindly and with a great smile went out of his way to offer to redo them for us on paper that would fold our brochures better. I didn't have to ask, he OFFERED and then offered to fold them as well. I was so impressed by this young man's care that I will always ask for him when doing business with Staples again in the future! Thank you Miles for making my night go so much smoother. We need more people like you in this world!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

At customer service at Staples in Solana Beach, he told me to purchase a dvd to copy health records: CT scans, X-rays & MRI images from my CD on their Computer at Staples. First of all, I had to pay for all of it & later the tech manager told me that their computer cannot copy such things. So far, no one has reached out to me for a refund of computer fees on my credit card, nor the purchase of a pack of dvd’s, nor an apology after calling to complain when the surgeon reviewing the DVD told us that it was empty with no copied records at all! You are irresponsible, unprofessional & uninformed + you cost me 2 weeks of valuable consultation with my medical team. Unthinkable & unforgivable! But no one cares at Staples because your dumb company only cares about these reviews, you never follow up with actions to keep your customers. I promise to write this same review on Yelp & your website. The public needs to be warned! Terrible!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I asked the employee to give me any color printer with the condition of low cost ink. I was very clear that I am willing to spend extra on the printer but not on the ink. He ended up giving me a printer (Deskjet 8710) with the most expensive cartridge ink. Obviously, he had no clue about printers. This the second time I learn that the Staples employees not trained. I will never go back to Staples store again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

We had an urgent need to print an email and get it done within 45 minutes. The closest site was 11111 San Jose Blvd, Jacksonville. We told the man behind the counter of our predicament. Summarily unhelpful. Put us a nonfunctional machine. Wouldn’t assist with several requests. Manager not a lot better. After we figured out the machine wasn’t working and took our codes to the next machine we managed to print the forms. Fact that this is a self service doesn’t overcome the total indifference of the staff when there was clearly a problem with equipment and many requests for assistance weren’t addressed.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I purchased this computer online yesterday for $111.00 by applying (2) $20 off 75 coupons (with coupon codes 43564 and 74883). The computer listed at a promotional price of $149.99. I received a confirmation number and paid for the item ($111.00). Today I got an email which stated that the item I ordered is considered a special buy and has been depleted due to high demand. Upon returning to the Staples website I found out that it is actually in stock and is now listed for $249.99. I called customer service and talked to a woman named Maria who stated that it was a mistake on their part and that the system shouldn't have allowed me to add 2 coupons. I told her that I understood that but that I thought they should still honor the price due to it being a system error and no error on my part.

She said that she couldn't but that I could reorder the item in a week for $149.99 without the coupons. I asked if I could talk to a manager and she arranged a follow up call 1 hr later. This is where things get really sketchy. I get the follow up call a woman claims to be a manager named Ann. The funny thing is that this was the same representative I talked to the first time just pretending to be a supervisor under a different name. I called her on it and she claimed that she was a different person. Both people had a very distinct voice that was clearly the same person. Ann claimed that there were numerous people who got their orders canceled and stated that they had a huge meeting about this issue of applying 2 coupons to this monitor. Ann would not honor the $111 price I got the monitor for. Staples clearly has very shady customer service practices and cannot be trusted. I recommend bringing your service elsewhere.

Original review: July 27, 2019

Do not buy anything from Staples, customer hostile policies are in place, especially Quince Orchard store. Worst merchandise return policy ever was communicated to me from the manager of this store. Here it goes, If you have lost your receipt (life happens) then they will give back lowest historical price of the merchandise when you try to return it. In my case they said they will give me back 20% of the price I paid. So if you buy a office chair or a printer worth $1000, as soon as you get out of the store and lose your receipt in parking lot, they will happily take it back at Black Friday price of two years prior i.e. $50. In this age of data science, they will not look at recent price of the merchandise but historical lowest ever.

Never gonna buy anything ever from Staples, they do not carry anything specific anyway which cannot get from Amazon or Walmart at same or lower price. They make money when they sell stuff to you and then they make money when you return them too. Staples are aptly going out of business!!! They do not belong to market anyway with policies like this one.... BTW you can read this on fine print of the back of your Staples receipt....

Staples Company Information