2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.69/5
Based on 1,539 ratings submitted in the last year

Staples Reviews

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I personally love Stationery. While other kids were playing house my sisters and I were playing Stationery Store. We loved my dad setting us up at the dining room table with all the papers, books, binders, different pens and pencils, pads etc. We also loved to Staple things together (I now think of all the poor trees we killed in order to keep us in paper and pads) and every Christmas we would get Pens and Pencils with our names on them pads and stationery too. I have never lost my love for walking into a stationery store such as Staples. There is just no other one like it. They sell all the aforementioned goodies (minus the pens and pencils with your names on them) and so much more. They sell office furniture, cleaning supplies and even snacks for the break room. Best of all they sell GIFT CARDS!

I happen to be an Online shopper now more than ever. I have cancer and am immunocompromised so it's best I not expose myself to shopping in a brick and mortar store, but with that being said I love ordering from staples. Most things come next day or within several days. The shipping cost is minimal and the more you spend (you reach a certain amount) and then the shipping is for free. I have ordered printers, laminators, office chairs, desks, ink for my printer and even one time a laptop and many years ago a table top computer back when you had the tower and never once did I have an issue.

As I said their prices are really either very competitive or better than most and I have even gone in to the store to change up them sending me a 6 pack for shipping tape when I actually had only ordered 6 small rolls of their clear tape a much less pricier item and they insisted I not only keep the shipping tape but they gave me the 6 rolls of tape for free because they happened to be out of the exact ones I wanted. Meanwhile the ones they gave to me was again more costly than the one I ordered. The workers and managers are always pleasant and school supplies are available at the beginning of the summer. They also have small brown paper bags and then larger ones with items in them that some in our community can’t afford to buy. You purchase these $5 and $10 bags and they donate to the less fortunately. I love that they and we are giving back.to the community.

I only have one small negative and that is the Ink for the printers. The price is very high. But if you compare online it’s comparable. But online you can also get a NON-NAME BRAND ink that they do not sell. Some say it's better to not use those in your printer. Either it will not accept it or it ruins the printer over time. I have found neither to be true and on that end have saved myself quite a bit of money but I will always buy from Staples everything else before another supplier.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I came into the Decatur AL store with a huge problem. I had ordered some Bridal Shower invitations offline from Vistaprint a month before the shower and they were delayed 3 times and I was notified that they would not make it time for the shower. I had to get them out THAT DAY and I was so upset because I had no idea what I was to do, I had a list of 100 people coming to this bridal shower and had spent at that time spent a large sum on the facility to have the shower and I had no invitations. A friend of mine suggested that I go to Staples, so I did.

I went in and asked where their invitations were and Vicki pointed me to them. There were not enough in stock, so she suggested that review with her the ones that she could have printed for me SAME DAY. She was patient, VERY KIND, extremely helpful, and seriously saved the day as far as I was concerned. Together we chose a card, put all of the information on it, reviewed it several times, and she told me she would have them ready by 4:00 that day, even found me a coupon for me to use and gave me a discount card for any additional printing I may need done in the future... Seriously she is the BEST. Everyone at the Decatur store is so wonderful, and helpful people. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2019

My fiancé and I decided on a last minute wedding to take place in a month. I made up the invitations and response cards and went to Staples. Josie went out of her way to get them and also return address labels printed up and ready within a few hours. The quality of paper used for the invitations and response cards is just beautiful, and so professional looking. It was so easy to just email her the store email of what I had designed, and then get them printed up! She made everything go very smoothly! I would recommend the print shop and Josie any day! I will be returning to have thank you cards done after the wedding.

Original review: May 8, 2019

A couple weeks ago I went into Staples in Rolla MO, I had had an accident a month prior and was still having trouble walking I had to use a Walker. The manager met me, sat me down in 1 of their very comfortable office chairs and went and got all I needed. She walked me to checkout and waited with me and then carried my stuff to my car. I think her name was Lisa, I don't remember the man's name at the register, I couldn't have asked for better service. When I went in there was no one to help me, she happened to come around the corner and seen me looking at calculators. She asked if I had been helped and when I said no she apologized. I will go back and thank her again when I get time. Staples Rolla has all my service.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I am close to 70 years old and own a Smith Corona typewriter that I wanted to purchase a backup ribbon. The young gentleman who waited on me was named Seth. He looked at every ribbon in stock, to try and find one that would work. Unfortunately, none worked. I was very satisfied with the effort and time he put into trying to help me. I consider that great public relations. Keep up the good work Seth and thank you Staples for trying to help a customer with their product. Mrs. **. from WI.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples?

Original review: March 22, 2020

Called the local Staples store and confirmed that they have the Bulk Pack of Bubble Mailers that I needed. Drove up to the store and was immediately told they only have the smaller packs - half the quantity and almost the same price (~85% of the bigger package.) Not a very pleasant experience at all!

Original review: March 16, 2020

Fraudulent business practices. Charged my account for an order they did not fulfill. The charge showed up in my acct AFTER I received an e-mail stating the order could not be fulfilled. Called CS, waited for over an hour, only to be told "sorry" and "your $$ should be back in your acct in 2-5 business days". They could easily profit millions in short-term accrued interest, with such awful business practices.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I have essentially never written a negative review before. But this time I had to. On Dec. 31st, 2019 I placed an order for a desk and a chair. The chair arrived on Jan. 6th, 2020. My buzzer wasn't set up yet so FedEx delivery person called me 20 minutes in advance and I was ready for the delivery. Estimated Delivery for the desk was January 11-27. ON January 28th, after not having had any communication or notes or anything, I called Staples. They said the package is being held at FedEx waiting further instructions. I call FedEx same day, they say they had (allegedly) attempted delivery 3 times and failed each time, so they were sending the desk back to Ontario, so I'd need to call Staples again to discuss. I call Staples back, still January 28th.

Woman looks at my account and says FedEx made a mistake. My desk is scheduled to be delivered on Feb. 6th between 9am and 5pm. So I stay home, I leave a note on my front door about the buzzer, and I wait. At 5pm, I call Staples, and they are telling me the desk got delivered to their Ontario warehouse on the 6th, and if the woman had actually looked at my account she would've seen that. They were refusing to take responsibility for the fact that their delivery people did not contact me in any way, did not leave delivery notices, and the desk had sat at the FedEx warehouse for nearly ten business days before it got sent back to Ontario. When I asked why they didn't call me like the first delivery guy did, the help desk guy told me that "our delivery drivers don't carry their phones with them."

After arguing with them for God knows how long and speaking to a supervisor, they finally agree to give me a full refund. Which, of course, expect in your account in 5-10 business days. On Feb. 13th, I receive two payments on my credit card from Staples, both added together make up just about 2/3 of what I paid for my order. I wait and wait and nothing. I called again today, March 1st, and now have to wait to be contacted about getting the rest of my money at some point. This is absolutely unbelievable. Cannot wait to get the rest of money back so I can just forget that this company even exists.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Four days in the Naples FL shop when a maximum of two was promised. That only began the issues which originated with slow performance, an issue that should have been repaired in a short time. When the computer was returned after $417 worth of added services it was without AOL which had been deleted. It also had a black screen in place of the previous screensaver. But the worst error is that all the saved files and folders were deleted. Another reason to avoid Staples IT service is that repairs are usually done by remote access by IT people who have other customers, and the need to wait in line. Very unhappy experience.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I ordered copy paper for my business on January 28, 2020 to be delivered on January 29, 2020. My credit card was charged on Jan 30th. Jan 29 through Feb 6, I get emails that my order was delayed. I called on Feb 6 and spoke to customer service. He apologized and reordered the paper on Feb 6 with expected delivery of Feb 7th. On Feb 7th I get another email that my order had been delayed yet again. I called Customer Service Feb 7th and cancelled the order. He said that if the paper ever showed up to refuse the paper because he wasn't sure if it had shipped or not. He also said I would not get credit on my card until Staples got the paper back if it had shipped. The courier showed up with paper on Feb 10th and I refused the shipment on that date.

Today is Feb 20th and still no credit from Staples so I called Customer Service again. This time she says that they did receive the paper back but it takes 10-14 days to process the credit and the holiday (President's Day) delayed it further so not to expect a credit until Feb 24 or 26th. That is totally unacceptable to me. No paper and they had my money for almost a month.

Staples Company Information