2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.82/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Staples Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

As a novice, I needed help with doing my printing and even copying. The staff behind the customer desk came over to step me through the process, with patience, explaining the steps as needed. Another time, a line had formed for copying/printing and as I contemplated coming back later, I realized the manager was moving us through so smoothly I realized there was no need to come back later: I was in and out faster than I expected with such a crowd. So glad to have this store in the neighborhood.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

A very reputable Logitech mouse was ordered online and received without the chip in the packaging. Being very disappointed, I went online to follow the return procedure. What a shock to find such a convenient process! It is very rare for a company to have a return process that is so very convenient. Though frustrated the ordered product is defective, what a relief to learn I am not required to pay postage and experience the headache usually associated with a return! How wonderful I am not required to make an unscheduled visit to the US Postal Service!! Thank you, Staples! You have a new and dedicated customer!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I personally love Stationery. While other kids were playing house my sisters and I were playing Stationery Store. We loved my dad setting us up at the dining room table with all the papers, books, binders, different pens and pencils, pads etc. We also loved to Staple things together (I now think of all the poor trees we killed in order to keep us in paper and pads) and every Christmas we would get Pens and Pencils with our names on them pads and stationery too. I have never lost my love for walking into a stationery store such as Staples. There is just no other one like it. They sell all the aforementioned goodies (minus the pens and pencils with your names on them) and so much more. They sell office furniture, cleaning supplies and even snacks for the break room. Best of all they sell GIFT CARDS!

I happen to be an Online shopper now more than ever. I have cancer and am immunocompromised so it's best I not expose myself to shopping in a brick and mortar store, but with that being said I love ordering from staples. Most things come next day or within several days. The shipping cost is minimal and the more you spend (you reach a certain amount) and then the shipping is for free. I have ordered printers, laminators, office chairs, desks, ink for my printer and even one time a laptop and many years ago a table top computer back when you had the tower and never once did I have an issue.

As I said their prices are really either very competitive or better than most and I have even gone in to the store to change up them sending me a 6 pack for shipping tape when I actually had only ordered 6 small rolls of their clear tape a much less pricier item and they insisted I not only keep the shipping tape but they gave me the 6 rolls of tape for free because they happened to be out of the exact ones I wanted. Meanwhile the ones they gave to me was again more costly than the one I ordered. The workers and managers are always pleasant and school supplies are available at the beginning of the summer. They also have small brown paper bags and then larger ones with items in them that some in our community can’t afford to buy. You purchase these $5 and $10 bags and they donate to the less fortunately. I love that they and we are giving back.to the community.

I only have one small negative and that is the Ink for the printers. The price is very high. But if you compare online it’s comparable. But online you can also get a NON-NAME BRAND ink that they do not sell. Some say it's better to not use those in your printer. Either it will not accept it or it ruins the printer over time. I have found neither to be true and on that end have saved myself quite a bit of money but I will always buy from Staples everything else before another supplier.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Purchased a Lenovo Laptop online (12-28-2020) and spent an hour (4 calls over 2 days) trying to get confirmation of my order! First off, I never received ANY confirmations, NONE! So then I called Staples and was told that my billing didn’t process, something about the billing/shipping address was incorrect (Really?) So I confirmed my addresses and was told they would process the order the next morning and promised an email and confirmation number to document this case-issue.

Calling the next day (no email) I was told my credit card rejected the order (weird) so I called my CC and discovered the purchase was pending, my CC did not decline the order. So I called Staples again and was told my order was cancelled, period. No explanation or options, AND I COULD NOT ORDER OR REORDER A COMPUTER FROM STAPLES. NO COMPUTER FOR YOU! So now I have $811 pending on my charge card, Staples CAN TAKE UP TO 5-7 days to clear and no laptop and a bad taste in my mouth. Quite frankly Staples is ridiculous. No emails or confirmations and false advertising (are they selling laptops or not?). I recommend you find a reputable outlet (NOT STAPLES) for your online purchases. I would also say 1 star is too many. -5 stars would be appropriate. Order # **.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

If I could give negative stars it would be negative 5. Staples in store had no kneeling office chairs. Okay, fine so I use their website. Mind you it’s Dec 23, just 2 days till Christmas. I don’t expect anything to arrive before Christmas. Not a problem. I carefully checked for in stock items, find the chair I need, it’s in stock and so I order it. My bank notification pops off on my phone with this purchase hold and I think good to go. My chair will soon arrive. Not the case at all.

I then get an email saying the item isn’t available and sorry about the bank hold and that’s that. Not trying to be rude here but it’s totally uncool to do a bank hold on my card for over a hundred dollars two days before Christmas and I get nothing. Staples get your stuff together. If it’s not in stock or unavailable DON'T TOUCH MY MONEY. I am done doing business with this company. I will NEVER recommend them and will take my money elsewhere where my bank account (and holiday spending) are respected.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I placed and paid for an order of photo prints 3 weeks ago. I have not received what I ordered and have tried to call and sent repeated emails to get an update with no response. I requested my order be canceled and my money refunded and have gotten no response. At this point they have stolen my money since I paid for a product that they have no intention of fulfilling. Staples is a horrible company. Buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

The story begin on Nov 25. I bought a laptop online and put a pick up location near to my home. It's in Ocean Township Route 35. At the time of ordering it shows that it is available and available for pickup in 1 hour. On Nov 26 I called the store to confirm that is my pickup ready. They said that, "Yes it is ready. You can pick any time." I went to the store and showed them the order number. Firstly they said they don't have anything to give and manager came to me and said, "We are not answerable if you ordered online." By saying that he said that, "I have other customer. Step out of the line. I don't have time now for this," and suddenly I received any email that my order has been canceled after I went back to my house. Thinking that maybe it's a Black Friday they have not enough laptop.

I ordered a laptop again a different model and confirm by calling to their online service. They said it's available. I placed an order and Nov 30th is given to me for the delivery at home. It was a Cyber Monday and Black Friday was gone. On Nov 30th I called to track my order and again they said that this order has been cancelled. When I asked the associate that why my order is cancelled he said, "I don't know. Let me put you on hold. I will let you know." After a 39 min hold they dropped the call. After that I again received an email that my order is canceled. Again I ordered a laptop via phone with the associate. He said, "I confirm you that laptop is available on Brick location." It's 30 min. drive from my location.

When I went to the Brick location their customer service was so bad that I asked for my laptop he said that, "We are not answerable to you." By saying that the associate left the counter. Then I asked another associate. He was so bad even he shout at me and said, "Don't you understand that we don't have it," and then I called the Staples associate. He said, "We are sorry. We don't have a laptop." So the moral of the story is didn't get any laptop from the Staples and bought a laptop from Best Buy on full price because all the deals were gone. Having a refund of 2500 from Staples and a bad customer service. They are so rude. Please don't order online or even from the store. They will waste your time and money too. 4 canceled orders. 2500 return. Bought a laptop from Best Buy on full price. That's what I get from the Staples.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

On October 26th 2020, I purchased thirty boxes of masks. The website price was $12.99. I actually was charged $20.99 per box. Unfortunately I trusted Staples gave me the discount as their receipt on has the total amount. After I did the math, I called them up and told them I was over charged. The response was there was a 10 box maximum for that discount. I checked over the item description and simulated another check out of thirty boxes. NOT anywhere did it say there is a 10 box maximum. When I called customer service, the best they could do was a $50.00 credit when I am owed $240.00. This is deceptive and wrong, I told them and I will be filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I ordered a printer, and I got the printer I ordered, on time. That is all I can say that is good. The fact that neither before nor after I placed the order was I given a single clue how or when my order would get to me necessitated two calls to customer service. Both times I got people in Southeast Asia who could barely speak English and knew nothing about anything.

Today I received my box with my order. When I got home I found UPS came back and delivered a second box. It was addressed to me, and had my packing slip that was not in the first box, but nothing in the box was anything I ordered, and I'd estimate it cost the purchaser around $1000. Clearly the people at the fulfillment center either plumb don't care or are working far too fast.

Neither my package nor the other package were wrapped; they were just in the boxes that came from the manufacturer with the name of the product, the model number, and the specifications on the outside of the box for all to see. Both packages made it clear they contained expensive electronics. And UPS didn't require a signature as required, didn't even make sure someone came to the door to receive the package, just left package on doorstep.

The person who ordered the second package certainly didn't receive it, and good luck with customer service. When I phoned for a shipping label to send back the package I was sent by mistake, first CSR in SouthEast Asia who could barely understand English insisted on knowing what was in the package - and they can find out that when and if they get it back, and they're already trying to start a conflict the second I call that I got it. I'm not responsible for it, I don't have to send it back, and I won't be arguing with them! Second CSR spoke English but had trouble with what I wanted to send back.

Now I've written to the CEO, making it clear if he wants the package, he WILL send a shipping label and have it picked up at MY convenience, no ifs, ands, buts, arguments, CSR's who can't speak English, or confusion about what I'm sending back, or I'm done with it. I was going to wait and see what happened, but, unsurprisingly, the web seems to be full of terrible reports about Staples! I recommend them NOT!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I place an order the 30th of August. Apparently after been communicated that my order was delivered I contacted Staples to know where it was delivered as I did not received anything. The first reply by Angelo B on the 6th of September was that the parcel was left in the front porch. I replied back that this was unacceptable and that a parcel cannot be left without signature (specially a $400 item). Then the 10th of September Richard V replied back saying that if I did not received my parcel to contact "MY FINANCIAL INSTITUTION". I replied back how unprofessional his answer was and obviously this was a mistake from Staples to deliver things without signature and that they get missed, he did not reply back.

Then the 14th of September I spoke with another agent, this time by chat, his name was Runnel D. After explaining again what happened he said he was going to proceed with a refund and send me an email shortly. Today, 15th of September, I did not get any email and I spoke on the chat with Hobie A. I had to explain again everything and the answer was that someone will contact me in 2-3 days. Plus I have been given a wrong email to send this complaint. Unbelievable!!

I keep contacting them to ask for my money back and every time I get the same time of reply: that the parcel was delivered and to contact my credit card for a refund!! THEY DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OF THEIR MISTAKE OF DELIVERING THINGS WITHOUT SIGNATURE. I think it is obvious that there is a lack of communication and professionalism in this company. The replies that I get back, the agents not reading or getting informed about previous conversations I had every time, is just not appropriate.

Staples Company Information