2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Staples Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

As a novice, I needed help with doing my printing and even copying. The staff behind the customer desk came over to step me through the process, with patience, explaining the steps as needed. Another time, a line had formed for copying/printing and as I contemplated coming back later, I realized the manager was moving us through so smoothly I realized there was no need to come back later: I was in and out faster than I expected with such a crowd. So glad to have this store in the neighborhood.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

A very reputable Logitech mouse was ordered online and received without the chip in the packaging. Being very disappointed, I went online to follow the return procedure. What a shock to find such a convenient process! It is very rare for a company to have a return process that is so very convenient. Though frustrated the ordered product is defective, what a relief to learn I am not required to pay postage and experience the headache usually associated with a return! How wonderful I am not required to make an unscheduled visit to the US Postal Service!! Thank you, Staples! You have a new and dedicated customer!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I personally love Stationery. While other kids were playing house my sisters and I were playing Stationery Store. We loved my dad setting us up at the dining room table with all the papers, books, binders, different pens and pencils, pads etc. We also loved to Staple things together (I now think of all the poor trees we killed in order to keep us in paper and pads) and every Christmas we would get Pens and Pencils with our names on them pads and stationery too. I have never lost my love for walking into a stationery store such as Staples. There is just no other one like it. They sell all the aforementioned goodies (minus the pens and pencils with your names on them) and so much more. They sell office furniture, cleaning supplies and even snacks for the break room. Best of all they sell GIFT CARDS!

I happen to be an Online shopper now more than ever. I have cancer and am immunocompromised so it's best I not expose myself to shopping in a brick and mortar store, but with that being said I love ordering from staples. Most things come next day or within several days. The shipping cost is minimal and the more you spend (you reach a certain amount) and then the shipping is for free. I have ordered printers, laminators, office chairs, desks, ink for my printer and even one time a laptop and many years ago a table top computer back when you had the tower and never once did I have an issue.

As I said their prices are really either very competitive or better than most and I have even gone in to the store to change up them sending me a 6 pack for shipping tape when I actually had only ordered 6 small rolls of their clear tape a much less pricier item and they insisted I not only keep the shipping tape but they gave me the 6 rolls of tape for free because they happened to be out of the exact ones I wanted. Meanwhile the ones they gave to me was again more costly than the one I ordered. The workers and managers are always pleasant and school supplies are available at the beginning of the summer. They also have small brown paper bags and then larger ones with items in them that some in our community can’t afford to buy. You purchase these $5 and $10 bags and they donate to the less fortunately. I love that they and we are giving back.to the community.

I only have one small negative and that is the Ink for the printers. The price is very high. But if you compare online it’s comparable. But online you can also get a NON-NAME BRAND ink that they do not sell. Some say it's better to not use those in your printer. Either it will not accept it or it ruins the printer over time. I have found neither to be true and on that end have saved myself quite a bit of money but I will always buy from Staples everything else before another supplier.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Quick turnaround, great for company prints. Called them to submit, got it done and picked up 1 hour later. They do all sizes and formats, glad I have them to handle all my print jobs. If you need quick service use them.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

On November 1, 2019, we enter the Staples near Lake Ella in Tallahassee, FL. Within the first 90 seconds we were pleasantly greeted by three different employees, and were asked if they could help us find anything. The store had a variety of products we were looking for, and when we needed help, it was easy to find a knowledgeable employee. It seems in other chain stores, customer service is a thing of the past. Staples, however, it great and I will do my future office shopping there!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I ordered a printer, and I got the printer I ordered, on time. That is all I can say that is good. The fact that neither before nor after I placed the order was I given a single clue how or when my order would get to me necessitated two calls to customer service. Both times I got people in Southeast Asia who could barely speak English and knew nothing about anything.

Today I received my box with my order. When I got home I found UPS came back and delivered a second box. It was addressed to me, and had my packing slip that was not in the first box, but nothing in the box was anything I ordered, and I'd estimate it cost the purchaser around $1000. Clearly the people at the fulfillment center either plumb don't care or are working far too fast.

Neither my package nor the other package were wrapped; they were just in the boxes that came from the manufacturer with the name of the product, the model number, and the specifications on the outside of the box for all to see. Both packages made it clear they contained expensive electronics. And UPS didn't require a signature as required, didn't even make sure someone came to the door to receive the package, just left package on doorstep.

The person who ordered the second package certainly didn't receive it, and good luck with customer service. When I phoned for a shipping label to send back the package I was sent by mistake, first CSR in SouthEast Asia who could barely understand English insisted on knowing what was in the package - and they can find out that when and if they get it back, and they're already trying to start a conflict the second I call that I got it. I'm not responsible for it, I don't have to send it back, and I won't be arguing with them! Second CSR spoke English but had trouble with what I wanted to send back.

Now I've written to the CEO, making it clear if he wants the package, he WILL send a shipping label and have it picked up at MY convenience, no ifs, ands, buts, arguments, CSR's who can't speak English, or confusion about what I'm sending back, or I'm done with it. I was going to wait and see what happened, but, unsurprisingly, the web seems to be full of terrible reports about Staples! I recommend them NOT!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I place an order the 30th of August. Apparently after been communicated that my order was delivered I contacted Staples to know where it was delivered as I did not received anything. The first reply by Angelo B on the 6th of September was that the parcel was left in the front porch. I replied back that this was unacceptable and that a parcel cannot be left without signature (specially a $400 item). Then the 10th of September Richard V replied back saying that if I did not received my parcel to contact "MY FINANCIAL INSTITUTION". I replied back how unprofessional his answer was and obviously this was a mistake from Staples to deliver things without signature and that they get missed, he did not reply back.

Then the 14th of September I spoke with another agent, this time by chat, his name was Runnel D. After explaining again what happened he said he was going to proceed with a refund and send me an email shortly. Today, 15th of September, I did not get any email and I spoke on the chat with Hobie A. I had to explain again everything and the answer was that someone will contact me in 2-3 days. Plus I have been given a wrong email to send this complaint. Unbelievable!!

I keep contacting them to ask for my money back and every time I get the same time of reply: that the parcel was delivered and to contact my credit card for a refund!! THEY DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OF THEIR MISTAKE OF DELIVERING THINGS WITHOUT SIGNATURE. I think it is obvious that there is a lack of communication and professionalism in this company. The replies that I get back, the agents not reading or getting informed about previous conversations I had every time, is just not appropriate.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Purchased a warranty for laptop. Sent item in for repair due to the screen front and back separating from itself. They fixed that but broke the camera :-( Would have had to waited another 2 or more weeks for the laptop to be sent in and the camera fixed. Could they have not checked to ensure parts like that were working given that they had worked on that area of the computer?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Like everyone else, I had an order canceled. I paid for a laptop, waited a couple days then received a cancellation notice. First, it says they have a shortage on hand sanitizer so my order couldn't be fulfilled. I didn't order any hand sanitizer. What does hand sanitizer have to do with my laptop order? Second, they said the pending funds would be released. They aren't pending. They've already been pulled. It reflects in my bank account as a completed transaction. So now I have to wait a couple days for the refund to process to repurchase a laptop elsewhere. Customer service over the phone was absolutely no help. They just "don't know." The only thing she could tell me was it was out of stock. Well it showed in stock when I purchased it. She then told me it was on backorder. I told her that's fine, just ship it when it comes in stock. She told me that wasn't an option. Staples need to get their inventory in order.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I wasn't a customer to this store and had no choice about having to deal with them, which is why this experience has been so frustrating. I had the unfortunate luck of having my Fedex package forwarded to this store, it was in my wife's name which usually isn't a problem since I have the same address on my photo ID, multiple times this week I've picked up packages in the same way from other locations without issue, when Covid started we called fed ex and asked because my wife has some health issues so won't be leaving very often for the time being, fed ex told us that I can pick up packages, and since then I have been, until now.

Christina **, and Mengmeng ** are the 2 "managers" I dealt with and according to their interpretation into how fed ex delivers packages the rules are a bit different, it can only be the person whose name is on the package who can pick it up, I explained my call with fed ex and pointed out on the door tag where it says "bring door tag and government issue ID with the recipient's address." I also offered to point them to the fed ex website where it states in more detail what I am referring too.

I was told by Christina that she knows what the instructions on the door tag really mean, and it's that the matching name, government ID, and matching address are required even though one of the 3 is not mentioned, and then told me that Staples has their own rules for fed ex packages (which struck me as weird since she just finished trying to interpret and enforce the fed ex instructions on my door slip). If staples has its own rules why debate with me the meaning of what's on the door slip?

Mr. ** told me that it is not their concern that my wife can't leave the house, and that she will have to figure it out. I've still not received my package, and I've just had to spend a hour on the phone with fed ex to get it diverted to another store where I can pick it up, I've double checked while on the phone again, as long as the address on the government id is the same, then the package can be released.

For reference on the day in question I had just finished working 13 hrs delivering freight and I was a lil dirty and sweaty, I also have more than a few tattoos, I have a feeling I was judged or profiled the moment I walked in, although I commend protecting people's items from thieves, I don't feel good about being judged just because I'm a lil tired looking and tatted up, you could have called my wife, or asked fed ex what they would like you to do with their customer, or pretty much anything else but treat me like crap. but here we are, thank you for your understanding during these troubling times staples.

Staples Company Information