3.69/5
Based on 1,340 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Staples

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Staples Reviews

Original review: July 31, 2019

I came into the Decatur AL store with a huge problem. I had ordered some Bridal Shower invitations offline from Vistaprint a month before the shower and they were delayed 3 times and I was notified that they would not make it time for the shower. I had to get them out THAT DAY and I was so upset because I had no idea what I was to do, I had a list of 100 people coming to this bridal shower and had spent at that time spent a large sum on the facility to have the shower and I had no invitations. A friend of mine suggested that I go to Staples, so I did.

I went in and asked where their invitations were and Vicki pointed me to them. There were not enough in stock, so she suggested that review with her the ones that she could have printed for me SAME DAY. She was patient, VERY KIND, extremely helpful, and seriously saved the day as far as I was concerned. Together we chose a card, put all of the information on it, reviewed it several times, and she told me she would have them ready by 4:00 that day, even found me a coupon for me to use and gave me a discount card for any additional printing I may need done in the future... Seriously she is the BEST. Everyone at the Decatur store is so wonderful, and helpful people. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

Original review: May 26, 2019

My fiancé and I decided on a last minute wedding to take place in a month. I made up the invitations and response cards and went to Staples. Josie went out of her way to get them and also return address labels printed up and ready within a few hours. The quality of paper used for the invitations and response cards is just beautiful, and so professional looking. It was so easy to just email her the store email of what I had designed, and then get them printed up! She made everything go very smoothly! I would recommend the print shop and Josie any day! I will be returning to have thank you cards done after the wedding.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2019

A couple weeks ago I went into Staples in Rolla MO, I had had an accident a month prior and was still having trouble walking I had to use a Walker. The manager met me, sat me down in 1 of their very comfortable office chairs and went and got all I needed. She walked me to checkout and waited with me and then carried my stuff to my car. I think her name was Lisa, I don't remember the man's name at the register, I couldn't have asked for better service. When I went in there was no one to help me, she happened to come around the corner and seen me looking at calculators. She asked if I had been helped and when I said no she apologized. I will go back and thank her again when I get time. Staples Rolla has all my service.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I am close to 70 years old and own a Smith Corona typewriter that I wanted to purchase a backup ribbon. The young gentleman who waited on me was named Seth. He looked at every ribbon in stock, to try and find one that would work. Unfortunately, none worked. I was very satisfied with the effort and time he put into trying to help me. I consider that great public relations. Keep up the good work Seth and thank you Staples for trying to help a customer with their product. Mrs. **. from WI.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I recently bought some DVD cases from the Hurstbourne Lane store. When I got home my husband said they wouldn't work because they were tinted. So I called the store and asked if they had them in clear and at the same price. The lady said yes. When I got to the store to exchange them the price for the clear ones was almost 3 times as much as the ones I was returning. I told the manager that I was told they were the same price. He was very nice and agreed to change the price of the clear ones. When I got them home we realized the clear ones were much better than the ones I had exchanged so I understand why they were so much more. I was really impressed with the manager who wanted to make his customer happy. I will continue to shop there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

On November 1, 2019, we enter the Staples near Lake Ella in Tallahassee, FL. Within the first 90 seconds we were pleasantly greeted by three different employees, and were asked if they could help us find anything. The store had a variety of products we were looking for, and when we needed help, it was easy to find a knowledgeable employee. It seems in other chain stores, customer service is a thing of the past. Staples, however, it great and I will do my future office shopping there!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I bought a monitor that was a demo and already assembled by a store employee and it was on my desk at home for about 9 months and it fell off the stand and broke the screen on the inside the other day. It was screwed into the stand when we purchased it but I guess it wasn’t tightened enough and came loose as it sat on the desk. The manager at the store said it was my fault for not regularly maintaining and tightening the screws. I couldn’t even see the screws as they were covered by a cover plate. I bought it fully assembled and don’t regularly tighten my tv to its stand and I have never had this problem before. I am very disappointed because my son is devastated that his $259.83 monitor is now garbage.

I spend a lot of money at staples and if I knew that this is how they treat their customers.. When I called the head office, the lady was nice and said she never heard of having to tighten screws regularly on any monitors once they are assembled. She called the Port Alberni store and they told her that I apparently must have moved the monitor around and that’s why it got loose and broke. I have moved it from one desk to another approximately 2 times and that is way less than I have moved TVs over years and have never had this happen.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I walked into the Staples store on Elliot Rd. in Tempe, AZ and placed an order for a return address stamp. The clerk who took my order seemed to be in a hurry to leave, but I finally completed the order placement with the help of another associate. I requested and received printed documentation of my order on October 21, 2019. On October 28, 2019, I called the store and inquired about when I could expect to receive it. The manager of the store told me my order had never been placed and that she could reorder the address stamp for me but that it would take another week for me to receive it. I tried calling the corporate headquarter offices but it was impossible to speak with a human being about my problem. The phones are all robotic. AVOID STAPLES! It isn't worth the hassle or inconvenience.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Do Not Buy Warranties from Staples. This is a purchase for a third party company that is not helpful and actually creates more problems than solutions. Staples also can't help you with lost receipts - they can only go back in their records 2 years. Something very hard to understand in today's day and age. Bizarre. Staples customer service store level is non existent. Some of the employees don't even know what a pencil is. Then customer service for online chat, 1800 #, and corporate is not helpful. They love to repeat some standard malarkey over and over. They offer no solutions or help. I encourage you to shop elsewhere Costco, Office Max, Target. Good Luck People!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Dont ever purchase the protection plan (asurion). It's an absolute fraud. They will not repair, replace or even ask for the product exchange. It is a complete nightmare. Please turn to officemax, globalindustrial or even amazon which you can return your items when defective.

Staples Company Information