2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5
Based on 1,471 ratings submitted in the last year

Staples Reviews

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I personally love Stationery. While other kids were playing house my sisters and I were playing Stationery Store. We loved my dad setting us up at the dining room table with all the papers, books, binders, different pens and pencils, pads etc. We also loved to Staple things together (I now think of all the poor trees we killed in order to keep us in paper and pads) and every Christmas we would get Pens and Pencils with our names on them pads and stationery too. I have never lost my love for walking into a stationery store such as Staples. There is just no other one like it. They sell all the aforementioned goodies (minus the pens and pencils with your names on them) and so much more. They sell office furniture, cleaning supplies and even snacks for the break room. Best of all they sell GIFT CARDS!

I happen to be an Online shopper now more than ever. I have cancer and am immunocompromised so it's best I not expose myself to shopping in a brick and mortar store, but with that being said I love ordering from staples. Most things come next day or within several days. The shipping cost is minimal and the more you spend (you reach a certain amount) and then the shipping is for free. I have ordered printers, laminators, office chairs, desks, ink for my printer and even one time a laptop and many years ago a table top computer back when you had the tower and never once did I have an issue.

As I said their prices are really either very competitive or better than most and I have even gone in to the store to change up them sending me a 6 pack for shipping tape when I actually had only ordered 6 small rolls of their clear tape a much less pricier item and they insisted I not only keep the shipping tape but they gave me the 6 rolls of tape for free because they happened to be out of the exact ones I wanted. Meanwhile the ones they gave to me was again more costly than the one I ordered. The workers and managers are always pleasant and school supplies are available at the beginning of the summer. They also have small brown paper bags and then larger ones with items in them that some in our community can’t afford to buy. You purchase these $5 and $10 bags and they donate to the less fortunately. I love that they and we are giving back.to the community.

I only have one small negative and that is the Ink for the printers. The price is very high. But if you compare online it’s comparable. But online you can also get a NON-NAME BRAND ink that they do not sell. Some say it's better to not use those in your printer. Either it will not accept it or it ruins the printer over time. I have found neither to be true and on that end have saved myself quite a bit of money but I will always buy from Staples everything else before another supplier.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I came into the Decatur AL store with a huge problem. I had ordered some Bridal Shower invitations offline from Vistaprint a month before the shower and they were delayed 3 times and I was notified that they would not make it time for the shower. I had to get them out THAT DAY and I was so upset because I had no idea what I was to do, I had a list of 100 people coming to this bridal shower and had spent at that time spent a large sum on the facility to have the shower and I had no invitations. A friend of mine suggested that I go to Staples, so I did.

I went in and asked where their invitations were and Vicki pointed me to them. There were not enough in stock, so she suggested that review with her the ones that she could have printed for me SAME DAY. She was patient, VERY KIND, extremely helpful, and seriously saved the day as far as I was concerned. Together we chose a card, put all of the information on it, reviewed it several times, and she told me she would have them ready by 4:00 that day, even found me a coupon for me to use and gave me a discount card for any additional printing I may need done in the future... Seriously she is the BEST. Everyone at the Decatur store is so wonderful, and helpful people. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2019

My fiancé and I decided on a last minute wedding to take place in a month. I made up the invitations and response cards and went to Staples. Josie went out of her way to get them and also return address labels printed up and ready within a few hours. The quality of paper used for the invitations and response cards is just beautiful, and so professional looking. It was so easy to just email her the store email of what I had designed, and then get them printed up! She made everything go very smoothly! I would recommend the print shop and Josie any day! I will be returning to have thank you cards done after the wedding.

Original review: May 8, 2019

A couple weeks ago I went into Staples in Rolla MO, I had had an accident a month prior and was still having trouble walking I had to use a Walker. The manager met me, sat me down in 1 of their very comfortable office chairs and went and got all I needed. She walked me to checkout and waited with me and then carried my stuff to my car. I think her name was Lisa, I don't remember the man's name at the register, I couldn't have asked for better service. When I went in there was no one to help me, she happened to come around the corner and seen me looking at calculators. She asked if I had been helped and when I said no she apologized. I will go back and thank her again when I get time. Staples Rolla has all my service.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I am close to 70 years old and own a Smith Corona typewriter that I wanted to purchase a backup ribbon. The young gentleman who waited on me was named Seth. He looked at every ribbon in stock, to try and find one that would work. Unfortunately, none worked. I was very satisfied with the effort and time he put into trying to help me. I consider that great public relations. Keep up the good work Seth and thank you Staples for trying to help a customer with their product. Mrs. **. from WI.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Four days in the Naples FL shop when a maximum of two was promised. That only began the issues which originated with slow performance, an issue that should have been repaired in a short time. When the computer was returned after $417 worth of added services it was without AOL which had been deleted. It also had a black screen in place of the previous screensaver. But the worst error is that all the saved files and folders were deleted. Another reason to avoid Staples IT service is that repairs are usually done by remote access by IT people who have other customers, and the need to wait in line. Very unhappy experience.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I ordered copy paper for my business on January 28, 2020 to be delivered on January 29, 2020. My credit card was charged on Jan 30th. Jan 29 through Feb 6, I get emails that my order was delayed. I called on Feb 6 and spoke to customer service. He apologized and reordered the paper on Feb 6 with expected delivery of Feb 7th. On Feb 7th I get another email that my order had been delayed yet again. I called Customer Service Feb 7th and cancelled the order. He said that if the paper ever showed up to refuse the paper because he wasn't sure if it had shipped or not. He also said I would not get credit on my card until Staples got the paper back if it had shipped. The courier showed up with paper on Feb 10th and I refused the shipment on that date.

Today is Feb 20th and still no credit from Staples so I called Customer Service again. This time she says that they did receive the paper back but it takes 10-14 days to process the credit and the holiday (President's Day) delayed it further so not to expect a credit until Feb 24 or 26th. That is totally unacceptable to me. No paper and they had my money for almost a month.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Just went through an inexplicable example of incompetent or misrepresenting on-line companies....Staples online. Ordered a laptop computer on Feb 16. Order cancelled with no explanation on Feb 18 via e-mail. I immediately called Staples support # to find out why. Re-placed order through CSR and confirmed/corrected info from original order. After special pricing had expired on Feb 19, received another cancellation e-mail of new order,...again, no explanation as to why. I routinely order online (primarily Amazon and Wayfair, but other sites too), but have never experienced this kind of ineffective communication, and misleading advertising. If you don’t really want to sell products at your advertised price, just don’t advertise them!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

After making an online order, there was a missing product. I called customer care, and they said they would send the missing item. A week goes by, I call back, and they said they don't have the item in stock any longer (way to let me know) but suggest I can go in-store and purchase the article which was on promotion the weekend I made the order. Going in-store worked out because I had to make a return.

I go there and get the item refunded, but they messed up and refunded the wrong item as the name was very similar. A manager arrives and tells me I have to repurchase the item and refund the correct item, only a $3 difference. I said I prefer not to, so I don't have to make our business bookkeeping look sketchy, he said too bad. I then ask him about the item that I never received and if he could get it to me for the price and he said no. The manager was very disrespectful and did not even thank me for sticking around and dealing with their refunding error. This Staples Online shopping and Brampton Location is quite disappointing.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I purchased an office chair at Staples a few months ago and sales associate sold me on the protection plan. The chair has ripped and worn and I put through the claim. It took over a month to get the claim. Had to send in my proof 3 x's before they approved claim. I received an egift card for the claim. Went to Staples and had terrible customer service trying to get the chair. Once I got the chair and went to purchase it with the ecard it did not work. Called Asurion the protection plan and they can only say they know of the issue and have technical difficulties with egift cards so I could not use it.

I went home and called corporate customer service at Staples. Spoke with Angela. She was unaware of the issue and was going to check on it an get back to be. Angela never called me back. I called back next day and nobody knows of an Angela. I had the worse experience with this protection plan. I recommend NOT to purchase a plan from Staples. They are all big on selling their plans but afterwards they don't care about helping you.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Staples Company Information