2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5
Based on 1,395 ratings submitted in the last year

Staples Reviews

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

On November 1, 2019, we enter the Staples near Lake Ella in Tallahassee, FL. Within the first 90 seconds we were pleasantly greeted by three different employees, and were asked if they could help us find anything. The store had a variety of products we were looking for, and when we needed help, it was easy to find a knowledgeable employee. It seems in other chain stores, customer service is a thing of the past. Staples, however, it great and I will do my future office shopping there!

Original review: July 31, 2019

I came into the Decatur AL store with a huge problem. I had ordered some Bridal Shower invitations offline from Vistaprint a month before the shower and they were delayed 3 times and I was notified that they would not make it time for the shower. I had to get them out THAT DAY and I was so upset because I had no idea what I was to do, I had a list of 100 people coming to this bridal shower and had spent at that time spent a large sum on the facility to have the shower and I had no invitations. A friend of mine suggested that I go to Staples, so I did.

I went in and asked where their invitations were and Vicki pointed me to them. There were not enough in stock, so she suggested that review with her the ones that she could have printed for me SAME DAY. She was patient, VERY KIND, extremely helpful, and seriously saved the day as far as I was concerned. Together we chose a card, put all of the information on it, reviewed it several times, and she told me she would have them ready by 4:00 that day, even found me a coupon for me to use and gave me a discount card for any additional printing I may need done in the future... Seriously she is the BEST. Everyone at the Decatur store is so wonderful, and helpful people. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2019

My fiancé and I decided on a last minute wedding to take place in a month. I made up the invitations and response cards and went to Staples. Josie went out of her way to get them and also return address labels printed up and ready within a few hours. The quality of paper used for the invitations and response cards is just beautiful, and so professional looking. It was so easy to just email her the store email of what I had designed, and then get them printed up! She made everything go very smoothly! I would recommend the print shop and Josie any day! I will be returning to have thank you cards done after the wedding.

Original review: May 8, 2019

A couple weeks ago I went into Staples in Rolla MO, I had had an accident a month prior and was still having trouble walking I had to use a Walker. The manager met me, sat me down in 1 of their very comfortable office chairs and went and got all I needed. She walked me to checkout and waited with me and then carried my stuff to my car. I think her name was Lisa, I don't remember the man's name at the register, I couldn't have asked for better service. When I went in there was no one to help me, she happened to come around the corner and seen me looking at calculators. She asked if I had been helped and when I said no she apologized. I will go back and thank her again when I get time. Staples Rolla has all my service.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I am close to 70 years old and own a Smith Corona typewriter that I wanted to purchase a backup ribbon. The young gentleman who waited on me was named Seth. He looked at every ribbon in stock, to try and find one that would work. Unfortunately, none worked. I was very satisfied with the effort and time he put into trying to help me. I consider that great public relations. Keep up the good work Seth and thank you Staples for trying to help a customer with their product. Mrs. **. from WI.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

After an ownership change from being under a large for-profit corporation to becoming a small non-profit our pricing increased dramatically (like five times the price!). Since that time I have not placed an order nor have I visited Staples in person. Everything is cheaper on Amazon. Makes no sense as our line of business has not changed. You would think that a large, reputable company might offer reasonable pricing to small business as well regardless of the business category they fall under.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I needed a last minute Christmas gift and found the item on the Staples website. For numerous items, including the one I wanted, the company was advertising delivery on Dec. 24th. After I placed my order, the confirmation email indicated the item would be delivered December 27th. I immediately contacted customer service and they indicated it would most likely be delivered on the 24th. I have screenshots of this discussion showing it took place shortly after 4:30pm.

The following morning I attempted to track my item but there was no tracking information available. Again I immediately contacted their customer service department and was told my package would arrive after Christmas because the order was not processed the previous day (even though their processing department was open through 5pm and I had contacted them immediately after placing the order.) Had I known there was no realistic chance to receive the item for Christmas, I would not have placed the order. Because of their deceptive online advertising and misleading customer service, they got my money but literally didn't deliver the goods.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Quick turnaround, great for company prints. Called them to submit, got it done and picked up 1 hour later. They do all sizes and formats, glad I have them to handle all my print jobs. If you need quick service use them.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I've been a steady customer of Staples for 19 years, but will never use them again. I bought a HP Printer/Scanner from Staples in Daphne, Alabama on November 19, 2019. It never worked correctly out of the box. Sometimes it would print; sometimes it would not. Sometimes it would scan; sometimes it would not. Sometimes when it would print, it would be gibberish for several pages!

I ran the HP diagnostics repeatedly. Sometimes it would correct the problems for a short time but never permanently. It became very frustrating. I finally had enough and on December 16, 2019 (less than 30 days from purchase) I returned the machine to Staples, saying I would like to return it for another model that had a better track record for reliability. I explained all of the above including that the machine never worked correctly from day one. They refused the return saying that since I had not purchased the extended service option, they would not honor the return. So after 19 years as a customer of the Daphne, Alabama store and spending thousands of dollars over the last almost two decades, they have permanently lost me as a customer. For further information, please feel free to contact me: William **, ** or **.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I purchased a Chromebook online as part of their Cyber Monday 2019 sale. I received an order confirming the sale. 2 days later I received an email canceling another item in my order. When I showed up to pick up my order at the store, I was surprised to find the canceled item ready for pick up. When I followed up with online customer service, I was told the Chromebook was out of stock and should have been the item canceled. (It was still available online for purchase at full price.) They were sorry for the miscommunication and could they help me find a similar Chromebook. Now I'm out one present and a week of shopping time.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Staples Company Information