1.18/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

674 Staples Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I ordered a chair 3 weeks ago from staples.de. When I opened the package I saw that the chair was broken. I sent them directly and after that two emails and made a phone call but they were just ignorant. Nothing worse from a company that takes its customers seriously. Now I have a broken chair and no money to buy another one. Never again!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I went to the Staples in Brighton Michigan to pick up some brochures we had ordered to be printed on Nov 2, 2018 around 6:30 pm and received the best customer service by an employee named Miles that I have ever received ANYWHERE in ANY STORE I HAVE EVER BEEN A CUSTOMER IN! We had ordered the wrong type of paper to be printed on and Miles very eagerly, patiently, kindly and with a great smile went out of his way to offer to redo them for us on paper that would fold our brochures better. I didn't have to ask, he OFFERED and then offered to fold them as well. I was so impressed by this young man's care that I will always ask for him when doing business with Staples again in the future! Thank you Miles for making my night go so much smoother. We need more people like you in this world!!!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Placed order online but it was delivered to wrong address. Been over a week of calling and chatting. Each time being told reorder sent. I have contacted them over 10 times. Always told new order is out for delivery or to give it 24 hrs and they will notify me. Given fake tracking number and they can't even say which carrier is bringing it. Pretty much assume money is gone. Will never buy from Staples again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I was sent a Surface Pro tablet and keyboard from my mother in Nova Scotia to me for my son's birthday. Shipping was incredible 1 day. I drove 75 km one way to pick up items was refused by the manager even though I had email confirmation receipts and the same last name as my mother. The manager wouldn’t budge and was extremely rude. A colossal ** hat, I told him, "Congratulations. You just lost a $1000.00 sale for your company" and stormed out.

Returning all items and proud to say never setting foot in another store and urging my Family and friends and the Corporation I work for to do the Same. If a Moron is allowed to manage a store it is petrifying to think what is sitting upstairs from this fruitcake. If was to rate this experience and give a comparison. I would have to say -5 stars and it would be like having all your teeth yanked out without any freezing.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I went to Staples at 6:30 pm to photocopy my lease and other documents for evidentiary purposes to use at the LTB. After having issues with the machine I asked for help. The representative Nicole had terrible listening skills, I had to keep repeating myself that I needed 1 copy of each page. So I handed the photocopy rep Nicole the 14 page document. The machine took the pages and abruptly jammed. The pages that came out were only 8 pages. So I'm missing 6 pages. Nicole refused to help with the issue, telling me it wasn't her problem.

I asked for a manager. She refused to get me one. I had to track down another associate to get me a manager. Nicole then denied to her manager that I gave her 14 pages. Finally manager Monique came over. She tried telling me that I must not have brought all the pages with me cause they didn't have any of the pages. Monique was no help, services manager Brian came over and he too said, "Sorry we don't have them." Called head office spoke to Nina who put me on hold. When she came back to me all she did was back up her employees and say, "We don't have them." I used self service photocopier #2. The one nearest the poster of the business cards. So now I'm missing valuable legal documents and I have no way to get them back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Ordering online has been a complete nightmare! Tried ordering the product on September 8th and 3 weeks later I finally went into the store to see if it was there and DHL had "lost it" so I had to get a refund and reorder it. That was September 28th and it's still not at the store. I have no way of finding out my tracking information. No one at Staples has replied to any of my emails. When I call they tell me to go to the website which I can't login to cause it says my email is invalid but when I got to make an account it says the email is already signed up... never again will I deal with Staples. If I could give them a minus rating I would!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

The chat gave the wrong company info to check on a warranty and then gave the correct info after I advised them the other company owner called me a liar. Called the correct company, confirmed the warranty and that they had units. 2 days later after ordering, Staples advises that there were no units available. I looked at their website and the item had been relisted. This is a hassle and because of all the hassle, they lost a sale.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I ordered a egift card need in a day or 2 on Sunday. No card Monday I called, they said Mon. is when they process Sun. order. No card Tues. called they said e-mail word HOTMAIL.COM was misspelled. I said correct it and resend, they said they could not. I would have to cancel and reorder. I told them it was a debt and would not have enough to cover the gift if they could not return the money already taken out of my acct. or I would be charged an overdraft. They said no. I said, "Return the money immediately." They said 3 days it would be replaced, I don't think that's acceptable and it's been 2 days already.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Staples delivery service has been excellent. However, their in-store personnel are rude, disobliging, and incompetent. Last summer, I wanted to order 500 letterhead envelopes, and it took me three visits to the store to successfully put the order in. Last week, they taxed us on our tax exempt account, and when I called, they told me I have to come to the store in person to be credited -- you would think a *business store would be able to take our More Account number and simply note a credit over the phone. They put you, the customer, to *way too much trouble.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Placed three separate orders for paper. All three were misdelivered. Spent over 1 hour on phone trying to resolve, customer service useless. I will personally never spend another penny with Staples ever, anywhere.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Staples on Stavanger Drive, St John's NL. On Aug 16th I placed an order using the "pick up in store" to save some time as I was getting ready to leave on vacation, this was a BIG mistake. I was contacted twice in error to pick up my purchase to which I had to leave the office and drive to the other side of town. Both times I was met with impatient staff who made it seem like it was an inconvenience to them that I had shown up looking for my order...after I left the second time the staff took my phone number and promised to call when the order was finally collected (They didn’t, in fact they googled the business and contacted the owner of the company, who was in the middle of his wedding week.

Good job Staples, the one week of the year I was really trying to keep things off his plate.) When I finally did go back for my order they were missing the binders, which I had asked about at the store when I showed up the first time. In the interest of getting out on time for vacation I would have gone elsewhere in town... but since they decided to tell me ALL day up to the point of collection that all my items were available I was then an hour past my vacation start and driving around town looking for another open spot. While I was away the team discovered they also gave us 20 Blueline notebooks that were the wrong ones! Now since the plastic is open on them Staples will not exchange them, so we're left with notebooks that are hardly of use.

Now to the part that makes no sense to me at all...I have been over 3 weeks now asking Staples for a simple invoice that shows what we actually paid for the order!!! Since they did not have everything we ordered the amount on my invoice is different than that which we were charged on the credit card. I've reached out to support now on 6 different occasions. Three of those times I received a fairly prompt reply stating that my invoice would be emailed separately, 2 of those times I was sent the incorrect one. The third time I received nothing. I wrote them back the following day and stated I had not received anything, absolutely no response.

All I am asking for is a receipt from Staples that shows the correct amount the business paid for supplies, rather than the amount we ordered but Staples could not fulfill. I only started here with this company back in the spring and actively advocated for us to switch to Staples from our other local competitors based on pricing. However considering the hassle I have experienced with them over the past few weeks over something so foolish I think I'll be reconsidering that!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I went to Staples on 1 Chestnut Hill Plz Newark, DE 19713. The employee who had blue T-shirt and his name is ** looked at me in the bad way. It wasn’t busy the store then. I thought that he’s going to get my order quickly, but he just look at me and told me with an angry voice: "What do you need?" I said: "A copy of this please." And he shouted at me: "I won’t, grab a scanner and do that in your house." And I said: "But it’s the copies area and I did before." And he shouted at me again: "I won’t do that, have a nice day." I felt really bad because that’s discrimination. I’m a Mexican, I know English and I have rights to be here. I have green card, I pay taxes and I work hard like a racist employee tries me like that. I hope the company does something on this situation.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

This took place at Staples 6801 Dixie Hwy Louisville KY on 08/29/18. 3 weeks ago I dropped off 3 different thing to be copied. They were simple black & white copies. The guy who took the order then was the same guy I had encounter with today. Returned week and half later to pick up order. They couldn't find, nothing was done, it was buried on a shelf. Still left it & gave another week and half. Picked up order yesterday. When I went through it one was right, one was wrong and the other one wasn't even started on. The employee who waited on me had an attitude, so I gave him one back. He didn't like hearing how he messed up my order, he took a piece of paper out of my box and shoved it in my face. Then I told him, "I ought to knock your head off." Then I was asked to leave the store. How would like to have a piece of paper shoved in your face. I will not be back.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I ordered address labels (before 2 pm) to be picked up the following day before 5:30 pm (more than 24 hrs) and when I arrived at 5:45 pm... voila... The staff printed the wrong labels!!! Same day service is actually NEXT 2 DAYS SERVICE.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

We are a small church that has been a loyal Staples customer since way back when the only way to buy their products was either in-store or through the mail order catalog. I'm talking pre-internet days here. Since I took over the account 4 years ago, I have watched this once great company trip over itself, slowly slide down a slippery slope, and finally fling itself over the cliff of no return. Prices have increased. Rewards programs and rebates have either disappeared, become so convoluted that it's impossible to redeem them or most recently, turned into pay-to-play. We were enrolled for free into the Staples Plus Rewards program at some point several months ago and enjoyed decent (but not mind-blowing) savings on paper, printer ink and a few other items that I prefer to buy from Staples instead of the Amazon.com marketplace.

However out of the blue today, I received a phone call from our new account manager, trying VERY hard to push us to sign up for their "new" Staples Plus program which is either $49/yr or $59/yr. (I was given the $49 price over the phone and $59 price via email and on their website.) I tried to tell them I was not interested in paying for rewards, and if, as they claimed, all rewards programs except Staples Plus were to be discontinued (which is not what the FAQ on their website indicates), then I would simply choose to take my business elsewhere (i.e. Amazon). The account rep tried to talk over me, called back twice after I hung up, then sent me an email begging me to reconsider. Staples, what the heck is wrong with you? This is not how you retain customers. We're off to WB Mason and Amazon.com, thanks.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I have submitted the rebate online. The rebate was denied, because the order number was not found in their rebate system. However my order is correct. They told me the rebate system is closed, they can't do anything about it. Disappointing, specially there is no mistake from customer side.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Order cancelled without notice. Ordered a laptop online via Staples.ca. Received confirmation via email that my item would be received in 2 days. Also confirmed the pre-authorized charge to my credit card. However the order was cancelled without any notification. Called support, they stated that: My card failed validation (yet they managed to pre-authorize). That they emailed me to cancel (yet nothing in my inbox or spam). That it was impossible to receive the item next day or in two days (regardless of what the order confirmation says). The hell with these guys.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

My son and I go jogging thrice weekly and my son, who is seeking a gaming laptop, likes to go into Staples (Gerrard Mall, Toronto) and view the gaming laptops. We are saving money for the laptop and I, his father am on a tight budget. After several visits to the store to browse the gaming laptops and ask questions about their products, the staff became unfriendly, abrupt, and had one of their security people stand directly in front of us for our entire visit. We said nothing, and I suggested to my son that we should leave. As we were approaching the exit a burly employee stops his work suddenly and gives me a cold stare to which I did not respond. I used to respect this store but after reading hundreds of complaints online about this business and my own experience, I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Last Thursday I bought a printer from Staples. For the past year I've bought most of my electronic items from Amazon but that day I passed by the Staples store and thought I'd give it a try (why not - I hadn't ordered anything from them in years). The printer was to be delivered the following day (yesterday). I received a notice from UPS that the printer was delivered at 4:03 - I immediately went downstairs to find no printer, no UPS truck in my area, nothing. After several calls to UPS and Staples I now find that neither company will take responsibility for the "loss" of my printer. The driver claims there was a woman "near my house" - he asked her if she was me and she replied "yes" - he gave the printer to her with apparently no check of ID or anything. That was the story I was told.

I receive packages weekly delivered by UPS and the drivers never leave a box at my door without ringing the doorbell or knocking at the door - neither happened yesterday. I cannot believe Staples and UPS would jerk their customers around like this - I spent an hour being sent from one company to the other; UPS claims they can't initiate a claim or other action because of the (unexplained) nature of Staples' contract with them. Staples claims UPS is at fault for leaving the package without obtaining an ID so they send me back to UPS - it was made clear to me that neither company cared about the loss of my merchandise. I will never purchase anything from Staples again - thankfully UPS is not my carrier of choice.

Updated on 08/06/2018: This afternoon a UPS delivery man delivered my printer and rang my doorbell to let me know if was there - as they always do (except last Friday). The printer was delivered to a couple who live more than 4 blocks away and they were nice enough to contact UPS and have it redelivered. I'm thankful for honest and helpful "neighbors".

Original review: July 26, 2018

I'm not going to go into great detail as it would simply take too long. I ordered trash bags from Staples and apparently there was an error on their website regarding the pricing. After several failed attempts to get it right, Staples simply refused to honor the website price. This to me is false advertising. In any event, Staples has lost me as a customer for good. This was not the first problem I have had with Staples, but this one certainly is my last.

Original review: July 11, 2018

My husband googled online a chair from Staples he wanted and found one in a store near us to do his work. Their elevator was broken, so they could not get it down for him so instead, he placed an order to get it at a later date. Upon arriving home, he noticed another Staples in the area had one so he decided to cancel his previous order to go to the next store. The customer service line explained SPECIFICALLY that it would be ok for us to just go to the next store to pick it up (we called to make sure this would be ok). Lo and behold, we get an e-mail saying our order is cancelled and it will be at least a week for our money back.

We thought this must be a mistake so we called again...nope, no mistake. They told us to go to another Staples, re-order (doubling the amount we paid) and wait a minimum of a week for a refund if they even decide to give it back to us. We spoke to 3 separate people, all of which were rude and unprofessional, and not one of them was willing to mitigate their mistake. We will never be buying from Staples again and will always recommend against. We were not even permitted to speak to a supervisor... Thanks for your support Staples -sincerely, a submariner family of the US Navy.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Based on the complete explanation of the poor service I received, I was told that I couldn't return the computer because I MAY have had it 15 days instead of the 14-day maximum for refunds. On 21 June 2018, I purchased a refurbished Dell 990 Desktop ($347.99) from Staples online. It was shipped on 22 June, and I received it on 25 June, earlier than expected. I took my time to set the new computer up to be sure things were done correctly.

On 02 July, I contacted Joy Systems (the refurbisher - 877 569 8808) to ask for guidance to start WINDOWS 10. The technician’s suggestions were helpful, and I had no trouble setting up WINDOWS 10 and testing the keyboard and mouse. All seemed to work well. However, the computer would not connect to the WiFi in my house. I was surprised that any computer manufactured in the past 5 years did not have that capability. On 04 July, I purchased a Netgear A6100 WiFi USB adapter ($43.99) from my local Staples store. I immediately tried to install it. However, the CD drive would not open. I tried several times.

On 05 July, I contacted Joy Systems (877 569 8808). The technician guessed that it was a faulty CD drive. He said he would send another one, and I would receive it in 3-4 days. I received it on 09 July. However, since I felt unqualified to replace the CD drive, I took my computer and new CD drive to my nearby Staples store. The technician told me that the store director required that I pay $29 for him to make the exchange. Luckily, the technician in less than a minute, surreptitiously showed me how I could replace the drive myself, so I avoided the $29, and lugged the computer back home without having the drives exchanged. However, at home when I tried to exchange the CD drives, I found that the new drive sent to me was not the correct one. It was twice the size of mine! It would in no way fit into the computer box.

My understanding of “refurbished” is that the computer is in working order at the purchase price, backed by Staples. Now, I have a non-working newly -refurbished computer. My suggestion: I send the computer to Staples and include the new CD drive and Netgear WiFi adapter in exchange for my $347.99 + $43.99 return. I prefer that you, not I, deal with your sub-contractor, Joy Systems. Send me the address for the return to Staples. Alternatively, I can return all of the items to my nearby Staples in Hendersonville, NC.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Let me preface this review by saying that 2 days prior to the disturbing customer service incident, I brought my Staples brand paper shredder to the Staples store in Charlottesville, Virginia because after six months, the paper shredder had apparently stopped working. I gave my paper shredder to an associate (should've taken his name, and/or gotten a receipt for my merchandise) who told me the manager would "look at it, then call me..." Two days later, still no call. So, I went back to the store two days later---I just wanted my paper shredder back. The associate who waited on me kept asking me to tell him the exact date, AND the exact time I had dropped off the shredder. I told him I left the shredder approximately two days previous, and I gave a physical description of the associate who took it. They kept asking me again??? "EXACTLY what day did you leave it and EXACTLY what time?" --"Because we have camera footage, and...."

To make a long story short, they took my merchandise under the pretense of possibly fixing it and calling me... They did neither... Then when I returned to simply try and get my merchandise back, they treated me as if I had made up the story... I guess to try and get a paper shredder out of them? I kept having to tell them over and over that I simply wanted my paper shredder back that I had left with them!! I had to tell them repeatedly that I am neither a thief, nor a liar!! They finally looked for my paper shredder and gave it to me, but not before treating me like a common criminal, instead of looking for the shredder like they should've in the beginning!!! I will NOT be back!!! I would give them zero stars were that possible!!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I placed an order with a representative on the phone. I had given the rep my correct address, but I saw in the confirmation email 3 hours later that they were mistakenly shipping the item to my daughter's home more than 1,000 miles away. I immediately called and asked the rep to correct their mistake on the delivery address. She said that she was unable to do that. She said that she had to cancel the first order and place a new order, so we did that. I paid for the 2nd order, had it delivered to my local Staples store, and picked it up the next day. Four days later, the first order that I was told had been cancelled was delivered to my daughter's home. I checked my credit card statement and saw that the first order had not been cancelled.

I called again and asked to have the charge from the first order credited back to me. Staples will not credit that money back to me until my daughter delivers the item to UPS or to a Staples store and they verify that it has been returned. Staples made a mistake on the delivery address and on their failure to cancel the first order. They have wasted a lot of my time, and now they will also waste some of my daughter's time to get their mistakes corrected. This is a good way to drive long-time customers away from a business.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Complaint Details. On May 20 2018 an order was placed with Staples. The order was for a product that was placed directly with the store for a product that was supposedly online. However I was told the product would be delivered to my home. The product has not arrived to me to this date. I have spoken with several representatives with Staples that advised that 1st that the package was picked up in store but it was, this was on May 23, the package was not picked up. After further investigation I was advised that the package was delivered to front door. Package was no delivered to front door. Advised the store of their own tracking # that did not know. Spoke with a specialist that stated they would reship the order immediately and would file a complaint with UPS but would make me whole. This was after having to try to explain to the online representatives who were just rude, nasty and downright mean.

This product was for an item that was close to 1000.00. Waited a few more days still no update. Reached out to Staples again and the rudeness and unprofessional, that could have been tolerable had I been given any update on the package. I did speak with a supervisor Pamela ** who advised me the original package was actually discontinued and that a replacement item would be ordered and expedited. 17 days into the ordeal and when I inquire about the order I'm told "we will send the vendor a message." The vendor works for Staples. Why has this continuously be the response, why hasn't someone called the vendor. I'm told that "we sent the vendor a message. If they don't get back to you let us know". This is ridiculous that this seems acceptable as a resolution also that the offer of a resolution to give me a gift card to order something else?

799.00 to spend with Staples to just order "something else" how is making me whole. I still wouldn't have the product and then forced to spend the money with Staples. Anyway it's almost a reward. That regardless of how they behave, that they have no reason to act with any sense of urgency or treat the customer with any kind of respect. I have been left to fight this battle with a vendor although I purchased the item from Staples however since this is a win for Staples regardless of how this turns out no matter what I'm going to spend 799.99 with Staples no matter what.

ORDER INFORMATION ORDER INFORMATION Order #: **. Order Date: 05/20/2018. Please expedite the shipment of my order and if you are not able to do so, please refund me in the form of a check not force me to still after this customer service failure to still spend money with you and because of that end result that there's no urgency. This expensive purchase was one that should have and still needs to satisfy the goal of adding this item to photography, a gift card won't satisfy that. I'm not just able to use it to buy something else as I was told to do by your social media representative. All l ask is that my item be shipped, no messages to the vendor on a ETA, call them they work for you. You've now explained to me that I should just wait and if the VENDOR doesn't get back to me then let you know.

I'm not an agent for Staples. If I had been I wouldn't have answer my STAPLES customer to wait to hear from the Vendor. I have as your Contact Supervisor explained to me, allowed you (STAPLES) an opportunity fix this negative customer experience. However this has gone nowhere and each time that I ask for relief I'm made to feel as if "we told you we'd let you know whenever "WE" hear something. Basically shut up and wait, if you don't like it just buy something else here at Staples. Either way stop bothering us". Shame on You.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We bought a padded office chair. A few months later, it wouldn't stay in an upright position. When I took out the screws, I saw the wood binding the screws was thin layers of pine, not glued. Maybe 12 to an inch. Totally shattered. Chair is worthless. As we had just moved, I lost track of my receipt so I didn't bother calling the Sierra Vista store.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have tried multiple times to use the unsubscribe web page on Staples website and it does not work. So I called and spoke to an employee. She said she would unsubscribe my email address. That was at least 2 weeks ago and the emails have not stopped so I emailed Staples about a week ago and I am still receiving them.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Staples is one of the worst companies that I have ever dealt with in life. I placed an order with Staples - the 1st order was six chairs and a conference table. I changed my mind on the chairs and they told me they would send someone to pick chairs up May 14, 2018. No one showed up. Then they told me they would come get the chairs May 16, 2018. They told me they would get the chairs May 17, 2018. Three times no one showed. I went past the representative - I had been talking to management. I ordered new chairs and they told me they would deliver them May 16, 2018 - they delivered one chair and Staples have no clue how that happened. May 17, the other five showed up.

The conference table was supposed to come May 14, - now I have to give credit where credit is due - a company did call me that Friday prior about the order for May 14, 2018 - The company not one time referred the order to Staples so I was not even sure what they were talking about but I followed my instinct and called anyway. They told me to push option 6 and I did but could not leave a message but I never called back because I thought it was a bogus call because they did not call out Staples name once. So May 14, 2018 no conference table. May 15, 2018, I called the company again and it was for the conference table - I told them to put on hold because they said I had to pick up the table and bring it upstairs.

They only drop off and keep going. I told the company to hold on. I called Staples and I talked to two supervisors and I explained to them about the courier or freight company on what they said about delivering the items to me. The manager assured me that was fine and that everything would be alright. When the delivery company got to my office May 17, 2018, they said, "I am here now. You have to come and take the table to your office" and I said, "Are you serious?" - all they did was drop off the table in your back door and you carry it. I told them take the table back because it's no way possible could I lift it. I told Staples to just give me a refund and I will find a company who will deliver inside my door. I just finally said give me a refund for the table. This is the third day they were to pick up the chairs. Now I want to see what their excuse is.

They did give me a 100.00 coupon and a 50.00 refund on my card. The service is terrible because if they were organized we would have never gotten to this point and for me to say I pray I have to never ever use them again in life. I tried not to get mad with the representatives. I explained to them I was angry with the situation and no one was going out of their way to help me other than one supervisor but she assured me I would get a pickup today for the chairs but nothing happened.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Terrible! I'm 65 and struggling. Not inept, just struggling to keep up with technology. When I brought my HP in because I had a problem that needed tech support all the technician tried to do was sell me other products. Unfortunately, I agreed to purchase a floor model desktop at a reduced price as it had been used by many for, who knows how long. They were also strong arming me to buy their tech support, their anti-virus even though I told them I already have that service paid for, and tried to convince me I should buy a new hard drive for the HP instead of repairing. When I agreed on Sunday to purchase the floor model I was told it had to be serviced first. This is good. I made an appointment for Wednesday. When I arrive the same individual (who didn't even recognize me) told me the computer had not been looked at because the only person who could certify it wasn't there (?)

I came back the next day (you know, 24 hour service) and it was still sitting there; nobody had touched it; nobody in the store knew what I was talking about. I regret not walking out. I finally got a tech person who seemed to care. He pushed it though. I paid $70 to transfer all my info. I believe this was kind of a lot of money for hooking up one machine to another but I have many, many games that are tedious to transfer. They did not tell me they would not transfer. Nobody seemed to care; nobody was friendly... worst decision of my life to purchase from tech people at Staples, Westfield MA. Now I'm finding I can't transfer my Office 2010 product and must purchase another. Wow! Done with Staples. They should stick to selling pencils. I thought $170 just to look at my HP to find the problem was outrageous. Now I'm into this Dell for $550 and counting and it's used. Shame on me.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I've had a few bad experiences with Staples, to the point where I will never do business with them again. I'm a small business owner and I order a lot of shipping boxes. Staples is a good option price-wise, but I've decided they are not worth the terrible service they provide and the mistakes they make. This is a summary of my last three orders on Staples.com, on all three, mistakes were made and customer service was a problem.

Purchase 1: I ordered a bundle of shipping boxes to be delivered to my local store. However, for some reason, Staples thought my local store was in TX, even though I ordered through my own account with only one address in MO. So the order was going to ship to a store in TX... shoot, my mistake for not paying attention. I noticed right away and sent a message through their customer service tab asking to get the order switched to my MO store. No answer and the next day, my order is ready to be picked up in TX. The email says if I don't pick it up in 3 days, it will automatically be canceled.

So I'm thinking, I'll re-order this at the MO store, and let this order down at TX time out and cancel. Which I did and everything seemed fine... until I got a notification that my order was picked up from the TX store!!! Now, I don't have any sort of proof that some sort of foul play occurred, but that is very fishy and at the very least speaks to the poor business practices Staples uses to verify customers when they pick up an order. I did call Staples immediately and they made me whole, but up until that point, that was an unacceptable experience is so many ways.

Purchase 2: I ordered 3 bundles of boxes, to be delivered to my home this time (I try to learn from my mistakes). This purchase took place at the beginning of April and I'm still waiting for one of the bundles to arrive. Purchase 3: I ordered another bundle of boxes with a guaranteed delivery of Friday, May 4th. I really needed these boxes on that date and Staples had the right size... and I'm a glutton for punishment so I gave them another shot. Friday morning got here and the UPS tracking numbers showed that UPS still did not have the items... so I know for sure that I'm not getting them at this point.

I call Staples customer service and the guy swears up and down that I will get the packages today, just be patient and call us if you don't have them by 5pm. But I know they're not going to be delivered so I keep pressing him and he insists that I will get them and just wait until 5 and they'll get there. Of course, they don't come and at 2pm I get on the chat with someone at Staples. He tells me that they are still going to get there by 5pm and "escalates" my case to a manager, and then PROMISES me that I'll get a call back before the end of the day. BIG SURPRISE HERE... I never got a call, and the delivery didn't come.

At 8pm that night, I get on the chat again and the person tells me that, contrary to what the last rep told me, I need to wait 24 hours for a response... You guys have not given the items to UPS... what is so hard to figure out here!!! My guess is you are just stalling because you don't have the items in stock, but instead of being honest, Staples is using these terrible "customer service" tactics of get the customer off the phone and stall until tomorrow. Guess what, still no response 3 days later and I disputed the charge with AMEX (first time I've ever done that). This is a pattern of poor customer service and broken logistics. I will never do business with Staples again.

Staples Company Information