3.9/5 (687 ratings)

About Staples

Staples Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

I purchased a Lenovo laptop at Staples in Pelham, AL in JAN 2022. I woke up one morning and the screen was cracked and assumed I dropped it but could not remember dropping it. Later, I found out this was an issue with this product because of the way it closes. Staples sent it to Asurion for repair. I was without it for a month or more. When I got it back, the screen went black and physical keyboard would not work. Staples sent it back to Asurion for repair. It took 2 months to get it back. The screen was fixed but physical keyboard and mouse still don't work. Staples is taking no responsibility in selling a faulty product and they refuse to do anything but send it to Asurion again. I've been without a laptop long enough and I want it replaced.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I placed an order with Staples through my classroom wallet around the end of May of 2022. I never received my order, so I reached out to Staples and was told it had not been shipped and it would be shipped later or I would receive a refund. I informed the agent that I would wait and prefer to receive the items I order, the next day I received an email stating I was getting a refund for the order. I again reached out to Staples and was told the box that the items were in was damaged. I had been in contact with Staples numerous times regarding the refund and was told it would take 1-2 billing cycles, after waiting about two months I reached out again and was told it had been refunded and I needed to talk to classroom wallet to release the funds.

After obtaining the refund I placed another order using the classroom wallets funds along with my own personal money and also going on Staples.com using my money to purchase additional items on 7/19/22. After doing so there has been nothing but problems and lies communicated to me. Each day there is a different delivery date listed. For the items placed on through classroom wallet it was stated that the box was once again damaged and a refund would be issued, I talked to a supervisor because I was confused why this continues to happen. She called the warehouse and spoke with someone who stated that they found the items at the warehouse and would be shipping them out that day, but I would receive them the following day.

I waited and waited still no delivery, I decided to call in to see what was going on and was told it was delivered to the wrong address and a refund would be issued. I asked to speak with a supervisor (Dan) with no concern regarding the frustration I had experienced or went through, then I request a manager (Bill) he stated he would be reviewing the information and he would call me back which he did stating with it being Friday (7/29/22) there isn’t much he could do & that he would continue to work on it & call me Monday (8/1/22).

I didn’t receive a callback so I called the following evening, talked to a supervisor (Adam) who would have Bill call me once he gets off of a call. Didn’t happen. In regards to my Staples.com order I was due to receive the items by 7/22/22 which never happened. Tracking stated that the items had been shipped but when I talked to an agent I was told she would do a replacement order & some items were out of stock. Each day tracking states delivery is running late & will be delivered the following day. The courier left the items at the warehouse. This has happened around 6 times. I talked to a supervisor on 8/2/22 and he stated he would complete a replacement. I should receive it 8/3/22.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2022

I bought an Apple watch series 7 in June 2022, but unfortunately, I didn't open it till later date but when I opened it and set it up, I saw a scratch in the middle of the watch. I took it back to the store, they were not ready to help me as it was an online purchase, they told me to call customer care and gave me US customer care no. I called the customer care. They were not helpful at all. I submitted an online request by mail but only got an email response saying they can't do anything. Since then I have left messages to connect to their client specialist person but no response. It was such a big mistake buying an Apple product from Staples online. Please think before buying anything from Staples online. Very disappointed as I spend more than 500 bucks and no one from Staples have the courtesy to call.

Original review: June 12, 2022

Our laptop was taken into Staples as the fan was making an odd sound. The crew at customer service said they would run some diagnostics and find the problem. After this test that cost $60, they had no idea what was wrong and suggested that some programs were malware and needed to be deleted. They offered to delete them and fix the laptop for $50. The programs were original from Lenovo and came with the laptop and were not malware. Staples charged $60 for nothing and almost ruined the laptop further for even more money. Shocking that Staples has computer illiterate people saying they can fix issues. Staples does not know how to fix laptops, it is all a scam. Poor service and the laptop came back worse than it went in.

Original review: June 10, 2022

This company, like every other big company that gets too big to run adequately, doesn't care about its clients. It's a giant monster that will gladly waste all your time and money if it saves them a penny. The only reason I'm not suing them is because we are in 2022 and no matter how right I am, their lawyers will be more expensive than mine, and there's probably a fine print somewhere that allows them to cut my balls off. Bought a 1200$ laptop, no signature required apparently and I never received it. Their answer: go ** yourself, thanks for your money.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I cannot recommend staples. I made a purchase a November 5. I did not like it so I wanted to return it for a refund, they botched it and ran it as an exchange. To this day I am still waiting for refund.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I had been ordering from Staples for the past few years as a regular client spending roughly between 1,500 to 2,000 if not more annually. I have had a bit of issues but nothing too major until, I was contacted 3 weeks ago by one of their reps asking if I would like to become a preferred member because of how much I regularly order etc. informing me of all these great reasons why I should, such as fast delivery, great customer service; and so on; therefore, I became a preferred client. BIG MISTAKE!!!

Once I became a preferred member apparently I'm now just some number, they have made very clear to me that becoming a preferred member don't mean anything. The last big order I had placed included tonner which I had indicated I needed right away. I was told by the rep upon ordering it that the wait was not an issue and I would have it within 2 business days, well ok I thought, I then added the tonner into my cart and once order had been placed I expected my items about 2 days later, or at the very least my tonner. WRONG... not only did I not receive my items well over a week later, but a couple of the items I did order just magically vanished and no longer available. How do you have items you can purchase on the website and once it is ordered you're informed they no longer sell the product any longer. Are we as clients supposed to be mind readers?

Then I was told I was sent an email about the items, well yes as a matter of fact I was, "conveniently" as I was talking to the rep, I received the email; funny how that works eh! Oh and the most important item (my tonner) apparently was not ready for shipping just yet, it was not in stock when I ordered it; yet, upon ordering it, there was no indication it was out of stock..."Or I would not have ordered it." But now that it's back in stock they want to send it, but I have to wait another few days or so... UNACCEPTABLE!!!

To top it all off when I made the call to speak to a rep regarding my issues, the rep was rude, and had the "I don't" care attitude. Her exact words and, I quote was "Well there is nothing I can do about it"... At that point I informed her I was considering taking my business elsewhere, his response to that was "then you have to go I guess."

In my opinion, that is horrible and ignorant customer service, especially to a new preferred program client. I requested to speak to a manager and she tells me they don't have a manager, and continued to refuse allowing me to talk to one. I would not EVER recommend Staples to anyone if they want items right away or without hassle... I will never be ordering from Staples again but, as the young customer service rep indicated over the phone "it's no problem, we have lots of customers, I am just one". Nice...real nice. Staples will never get my business nor the business of anyone I know again.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I purchased an ACER Aspire TC-855 desktop from Staples in Nov. 2018 for about $700 plus tax. Now I'm told that I have to spend $430 to replace a solid state hard drive to correct a problem of the computer running unacceptably slowly. The machine has been used lightly for WORD, Excel, and email. Unacceptable. This ends my relationship with Staples after purchasing 3 iPads, 1 Mac mini, monitor, printers, supplies, etc., over the past several years.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Bought this laptop from Staples because I had bought one in 2011 and received the best of service. This is the reason I bought a second one in July 2021. The machine stopped working and now I am getting the run around. I started calling Staples at 9 am and the final answer from Staples is for me to call HP. I will tell everyone I know, (from the electronic store that I had) and everyone I know from in Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick. If Staples loses business SO BE IT.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I ordered 2 3-ring binders and a package of pens on August 14, 2021. The item was supposed to be delivered on August 18, 2021. Every weekday since August 18 (it is a week later), I have received an email telling me that delivery has been delayed and it will be delivered the next day. It turns out that Staples uses outside vendors to complete local deliveries. In this case (near Chicago), they're using Veterans Messenger Service. I called this messenger service and they told me that there is a huge delay and that I won't get the package for another 2+ weeks. If it actually is delivered, it'll be almost a month since I ordered it. Why don't they use USPS or UPS or even FedEx? I don't know. I didn't expect that it'd take a month to get the items, so I had to go out and buy them somewhere else, since I need them now.

Also, since the items already shipped, Staples says that I'm not eligible for a refund. Actually, the only way to get a refund is for Staples to contact the local delivery vendor and have them send the items back to Staples and then 10 days after that happens, I would get the refund. Good luck with that, since the delivery vendor seems to be a total mess. I really don't want to support Amazon or Walmart, but dang, Staples really doesn't have their stuff together (or they use vendors that aren't reliable). I'll never order from Staples again. Learned my lesson.

Staples Company Information