2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Staples Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Staples?

Original review: April 18, 2021

Ordered 10 Apple iPads from Staples online. This was my first order ever, from Staples. Two days later I go online, only to find my order has been canceled, but no one knows why. No notification. This is also my last order from Staples. Pure bait and switch online. There's a reason why many of their stores are permanently closed. These people can't be trusted.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Even though the product has a warranty, the company rep agreed it was covered instead of simply returning the product to the store, they send you a gift card. Well this makes no sense, especially in the mail vs online. Well after numerous emails waiting over a month, no gift card. Plenty of ** though. I would not even purchase a pen from this place.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I had to order three items for each of my 18 students in a course I am teaching online. Typing them into the terribly inefficient Staples online webform took me two hours. A box of crayons, a box of pastels, and a roll of paper. I got a notice the next day that all of my orders except one had been canceled. I called Staples and learned that they suspected me of being a reseller. This would be a terrible career given all of the issues - I am a teacher, not a reseller. A very kind and efficient employee took down all of that information again and placed the 18 orders. She gave me a $10 gift certificate for my wasted two hours on the website and an additional hour and a half with her.

Then chaos ensued - Staples ships, not from a central fulfillment place, but from many places - and so there were 18 x 3 shippers and shipments involved. Many of them had problems - they called me and asked the address again (written on the shipping slip), they did not leave the package. There is no preview of the order on the website and so I had to log into every single one of the 18 orders to see if the items had been delivered. Staples sends a notice when delivery is delayed - but they do not put who it was being shipped to - so again, back to the website to see if it was delivered and first to figure out which order it was. Finally, a number of items were returned to Staples and I had to order them from Amazon so the students had them in time. I will not order from Staples again.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I bought a Hon Office Chair HON2091CU1OT and is very disappointing that I was told I only had 14 days to return it. This chair hurts my back really bad, it sits straight up with no give at all, makes noise every time I sit down and makes my butt hurt too. I will never buy anything else from Staples and I am warning everybody do not buy from Staples. They do not honor what they sell. I am disabled and cannot return heavy items because my husband nor I can lift due to heart problems. I tried the chair to see if the problems would get better but it didn't.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I ordered QB desktop on Staples to switch from QB online. I made sure that there was a valid return policy just in case the product did not work out. It didn't so I requested a refund. Not only do they not allow refunds, even though it says refunds available right on the website, but they did not put my review online stating this fact, because it was not a positive review. This made me not trust them and I will never shop there again. Best Buy, or Newegg will get my business now.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Do not order from Staples. Order from Amazon. Their online, delivery, and customer service is trash. The experience was so bad that me and my customers won’t walk into their buildings either. Don’t waste your money or time with this company.???

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Purchased a Lenovo Laptop online (12-28-2020) and spent an hour (4 calls over 2 days) trying to get confirmation of my order! First off, I never received ANY confirmations, NONE! So then I called Staples and was told that my billing didn’t process, something about the billing/shipping address was incorrect (Really?) So I confirmed my addresses and was told they would process the order the next morning and promised an email and confirmation number to document this case-issue.

Calling the next day (no email) I was told my credit card rejected the order (weird) so I called my CC and discovered the purchase was pending, my CC did not decline the order. So I called Staples again and was told my order was cancelled, period. No explanation or options, AND I COULD NOT ORDER OR REORDER A COMPUTER FROM STAPLES. NO COMPUTER FOR YOU! So now I have $811 pending on my charge card, Staples CAN TAKE UP TO 5-7 days to clear and no laptop and a bad taste in my mouth. Quite frankly Staples is ridiculous. No emails or confirmations and false advertising (are they selling laptops or not?). I recommend you find a reputable outlet (NOT STAPLES) for your online purchases. I would also say 1 star is too many. -5 stars would be appropriate. Order # **.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

If I could give negative stars it would be negative 5. Staples in store had no kneeling office chairs. Okay, fine so I use their website. Mind you it’s Dec 23, just 2 days till Christmas. I don’t expect anything to arrive before Christmas. Not a problem. I carefully checked for in stock items, find the chair I need, it’s in stock and so I order it. My bank notification pops off on my phone with this purchase hold and I think good to go. My chair will soon arrive. Not the case at all.

I then get an email saying the item isn’t available and sorry about the bank hold and that’s that. Not trying to be rude here but it’s totally uncool to do a bank hold on my card for over a hundred dollars two days before Christmas and I get nothing. Staples get your stuff together. If it’s not in stock or unavailable DON'T TOUCH MY MONEY. I am done doing business with this company. I will NEVER recommend them and will take my money elsewhere where my bank account (and holiday spending) are respected.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I placed and paid for an order of photo prints 3 weeks ago. I have not received what I ordered and have tried to call and sent repeated emails to get an update with no response. I requested my order be canceled and my money refunded and have gotten no response. At this point they have stolen my money since I paid for a product that they have no intention of fulfilling. Staples is a horrible company. Buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

The story begin on Nov 25. I bought a laptop online and put a pick up location near to my home. It's in Ocean Township Route 35. At the time of ordering it shows that it is available and available for pickup in 1 hour. On Nov 26 I called the store to confirm that is my pickup ready. They said that, "Yes it is ready. You can pick any time." I went to the store and showed them the order number. Firstly they said they don't have anything to give and manager came to me and said, "We are not answerable if you ordered online." By saying that he said that, "I have other customer. Step out of the line. I don't have time now for this," and suddenly I received any email that my order has been canceled after I went back to my house. Thinking that maybe it's a Black Friday they have not enough laptop.

I ordered a laptop again a different model and confirm by calling to their online service. They said it's available. I placed an order and Nov 30th is given to me for the delivery at home. It was a Cyber Monday and Black Friday was gone. On Nov 30th I called to track my order and again they said that this order has been cancelled. When I asked the associate that why my order is cancelled he said, "I don't know. Let me put you on hold. I will let you know." After a 39 min hold they dropped the call. After that I again received an email that my order is canceled. Again I ordered a laptop via phone with the associate. He said, "I confirm you that laptop is available on Brick location." It's 30 min. drive from my location.

When I went to the Brick location their customer service was so bad that I asked for my laptop he said that, "We are not answerable to you." By saying that the associate left the counter. Then I asked another associate. He was so bad even he shout at me and said, "Don't you understand that we don't have it," and then I called the Staples associate. He said, "We are sorry. We don't have a laptop." So the moral of the story is didn't get any laptop from the Staples and bought a laptop from Best Buy on full price because all the deals were gone. Having a refund of 2500 from Staples and a bad customer service. They are so rude. Please don't order online or even from the store. They will waste your time and money too. 4 canceled orders. 2500 return. Bought a laptop from Best Buy on full price. That's what I get from the Staples.

Staples Company Information