Brandsmart USA

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am unhappy and hot. I bought an AC unit Friedrich 24000 BTU on Dec 29 2015. By April it was not working well. They sent someone to the house. He looked at it and said it was working. Sometimes, the unit works until the hot of day and shuts down with ch34 code on the screen. The repair service wanted $75 per day to rent unit while they repaired mine. I am not home in the day too often and have been tolerating since. Today I call the Top Tech protection company who I purchased an extended warranty with. He told me that he would honor the contract however if the unit is working when the tech arrives I will pay for the service call. “How much is that sir,” I replied. His answer was, “I don't know. Maybe $50 or $100,” that it wasn't his job. Really not your job. What is his job. I spent $911.35 on Dec 29 2015 and haven't had correct AC since. What is my job? Just pay the bill right? Why do I have an extended contract with Top Tech?

I purchased a 5 year warranty. I called on 11/2/16 and here it is 3/30/17 and it's still not fixed. They have made 10 appointments and he has showed up to only 3 and said he had to order parts and he would be back and here we are with a broken dishwasher that has not worked since Nov 2016. Please do not waste your money and purchase anything from Brandsmart. They do NOT CARE!!! The repair man is rude and you never get someone on the phone that cares.

Sharper Image 6" LED Tabletop Clock - Item was missing the power cord. Called the 800 # on the packing slip, got disconnected twice. 3rd attempt, after lengthy hold, spoke with an agent. She said I could drive to a store, +1,000 mile away, or return the item. Went online to request an RMA, will need to pay return shipping, ~$15, and reorder and pay shipping again. Shipping costs for original order, return and re-order = $25, for a $20 item! Because they shipped an unusable product??? BUYERS BEWARE!

I wish I didn't have to put a star to leave a review. I'm 50 so I've been around the block a few times and made a lot of purchases. First time ever buying from BrandsMart and it will be the last. I bought a LG front load washer and dryer. And I purchased 5 year warranty for peace of mind. From day one the washer seemed out of balance. So they came out twice (a driver) and tried to level it. Still not right. So many calls to BrandsMart. They tell me at the store I'll have to have service to come fix the problem. I say ok and get transferred to service.

Well they come on the phone, I explained my problem and she says, "No worries. Let's get someone out to fix it. So I start giving my address. When I get to my zip, I'm told they don't service my area. What is that? I buy a service plan that's no good. So I call BrandsMart again. I'm told again service will need to fix it. I explain that I was told you don't cover my area. He says, "That's not possible. We're nationwide." So how do I get my washer fixed? Do not buy from this establishment. You will regret it.

Fridge running HI at 69 and they scheduled an appointment for 10 days later! I am losing over 6000 worth of medications and a manager told me to buy a mini fridge. HA HA HA Buy anything more from them ever NOT HAPPENING. Then another manager will GIVE me a loaner fridge but I have to PAY for it! How is that giving it to me? Had to call someone else to service the fridge AGAIN. Yes this is second issue on a 3 year old fridge! Never buy anything from this store. Their customer service sucks and they do not honor their warranty! This is the worst store ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brandsmart?

Coffee maker stopped working. Took back to store and was refused to replace - unit purchased 1/11/17 = unit failed 2/16/17. Cust serv manager ** who sold deal -refused store credit issue on prior order. Store manager Mr. Bj also had a problem with this credit. Said not in system. After a long go around finally found problem which I had stated. ALL BEING SAID THIS WAS A BAD CUST SERV CONNECTION. I WILL NOT BUY ANYMORE FROM THIS STORE STOCKBRIDGE GA 30281.

On October 2015 we purchased a Samsung Washer and Dryer with extended 5 year warranty. On October 2016 the washer would not spin. Therefore I contacted customer service to place a service call and scheduled for technician to come. I had to miss work the first time to wait for technician, when he arrived he took his time to check machine only to tell me he needs to order a part that was missing. He said he was going to order the part and once it arrives they would contact me to schedule repairs.

It took him 2 weeks to come back and then tell me that unfortunately he was not able to repair because the washer needed additional parts he will need to order. Another 2 weeks went by and I had to be following up to make sure they schedule the service. The 3rd time he came he then told me that he was going to report that machine needed to be replaced because while he was installing a part he broke another that was not repairable. I then contacted customer service to inquire about the process of getting a new machine. They informed me that there was no such report of machine not being repairable. That Samsung manufacturing was going to send that part that was broken and that this would be a 2-man job.

I scheduled service once they said parts were in. I missed work AGAIN and they contacted me on the same day at the last minute that one of the technician had an accident on another job and was not able to make it. I then had to wait for 3 weeks because they did not have a Saturday available because of the upcoming Holidays. We scheduled for the next available Saturday they had on 1/21/2017 and to my surprise they contacted me on the same day that the technician was not going to make it because he had to go to the Hospital and they had no one available in my area. Therefore we scheduled for Friday 1/27/2017. Once again I had to miss work and they did not call or came to service my washer.

This is UNACCEPTABLE and a LACK OF RESPECT. It's been 4 MONTHS and this has not been resolved. I've been going to a laundromat that is 3 miles away from home with my newborn baby to do my laundry when I spend 2,500.00 for both machines. This is really an inconvenience for me and to know BRANDSMART treat their customers like they do not give a damn. I'm really disappointed and very upset. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY AT THIS STORE!

I got a refrigerator in August 2016. By December 2016, the door panel was not working properly. It was before the holidays. I called the service department, they said they would send someone and gave me a 5 hour window!!! The whole morning! I had to take a half day off from work. A person did show up during the time they said; however, when he got there, the door panel WAS working. Knowing my luck, I had taken a picture of what it looked like when it wasn't. It took him 10 sec. to look at my picture to determine what was wrong. I could have sent that picture to someone when I called!!! I did not have to take several hours off from work, especially knowing that when the part came, I would have to take time off from work again. COME ON! The only reason why I can buy a refrigerator is because I have a job and that's the way I want to keep it!

I was told it would take 5-10 business days to order and get the part. Being the holidays, I waited until the 10 days had passed. When I called Brandsmart, I was told there was a backup order on the part and that I would have to wait about 3 more weeks. It had already been almost 3 weeks since I had reported the problem. What the heck! I'm paying for this piece of garbage and they cannot do anything for me! The Brandsmart rep told me she had contacted LG to ask about the part and would get back with me within the next 24-48 hours. Of course, she did not, so I called Brandsmart again to be told I had to call LG myself to see if they could do anything for me. I did and I was told I had to send proof of purchase and wait 5-7 more business days. At this point I'm screaming at the LG rep. What the hell!!! Couldn't I have sent that two freaking weeks ago???

Brandsmart might be cheaper than other appliance stores, but as far as I'm concerned, this is the last time I buy anything from them. When the appliances break down within the warranty period, the company does not have an efficient way of dealing with the situation, something I have found to be unprofessional and inconsiderate to the customers. So, if you get anything from them, cross your fingers it will work and that you will not have to deal with their service department.

After being waiting 6 week for my refrigerator, I had to call Brandsmart (us1 & 158 st Miami) to find out what was going on. They told it would get delivery on Friday. Then called me Thursday to tell me they could not do it till Saturday. Then Saturday Dec 31, I did not go to the party I was suppose to because I was waiting for my $2000 refrigerator that was suppose to arrive between 4-8pm.

Well the 2 contractors showed up and before anything they started to give excuses to not bring the refrigerator to the 2nd floor where I live and I already had told to the salesman and was in their ticket. According to them they need 3 peoples and his boss only sent 2. After 30 min in the phone trying to find a guilty and me trying to find a solution and they refusing to cooperate they left with my refrigerator. My salesman never answered the phone, a manager offered me a $100 rebate for the inconvenience, really?? That will fix it for you? He said, "That's the best I can do for you." A horrible experience!!

DON'T shop at BrandsMart USA, specially the South Dade Store. They have the WORST customer service. Actually, I can't call it customer service. They mistreat the customers by not taking responsibility. After having trouble with the delivery service, the store's manager Joe ** and his employee Veronica ** promised me they would send a delivery service on Saturday, December 16. The delivery service NEVER contacted us. I went back to the store and Joe ** and Veronica ** could not recall what they promise the night before. Joe **, the "manager", implies that I was a liar. Jayaira **, who was not present the second night was supposed to put in their system my Saturday delivery. I guess she did not do it! Finally, I canceled my order. I did not want to deal with animals barking at their customer. Worst experience ever. Not worth it!

To aware all the clients. Don't let the salesman fool you. I bought 2 TVs and 2 mounts. Then the salesman told me he was giving me 2 FREE screen cleaners. Then I found on my receipt I was charged for them $10.00. Called and someone on that department answered me who was very rude and told me "You want to return them and I can raised the TV $20.00" (which was a "discount" they did in one of them). I asked to be transfer to the salesperson and surprise they told the salesperson was not able to be located. Literally I was forced to buy something I DON'T USE since I clean my TVs normally.

Then I came to the store and the salesman LUIS ** (he was nice when I WAS buying but after the fact not really) came and was talking to me and another guy came really rude almost telling I'm a stupid since I "don't see the discount". $10.00 is nothing. What I don't like is the "words game" offering something and then you find the charges on your receipt.

I have been a customer of Brandsmart USA for more than 10 years. Over the years I have received emails from them. Recently I decided I no longer wanted them so I clicked "unsubscribe." That takes you to a "Manage Your Subscription Services" page. You are REQUIRED to complete your email address, first and last name, zip code and birth date. So I did. Needless to say the emails continued. Then I telephoned and was told it would be taken care of within 48 hours. It wasn't. And I called again and again and again... 4 times in all, each time being told the same thing. That was 3 weeks ago. Here it is today and the emails keep coming... "Never Going Back to Brandsmart." (10.27.16)

It took me a few purchases to figure it out, but they seem to sell used appliances and label them as new and try to trick you into thinking you are buying new products by having them in the original packaging. I bought a window A/C and it had mold from the beginning and the vents in the back were bent and the unit had scratches on it. I returned it as it was clearly used and got another unit that was a bit suspicious and ended up having mold too. I thought it was just coincidence and maybe the mold came from my side.

Months later my parents bought a refrigerator that ended up having many issues and was clearly used. They also bought a television from brandsmart that had some voltage back feeding issues that destroyed a ps3. Fast forward two years, I buy a portable A/C unit that had multiple scratches out of the box and a few noise and cooling issues. It was definitely used. A week ago I visited a friend who was installing a new dishwasher they got from brandsmart. It had rust on the bottom, multiple scratches on the back and was filled with mold on the inside. All this right out of the box. That is when it finally clicked.

I am convinced they sell refurbished/used products and don't tell anyone, just sell it to you at "great prices". You are not getting great prices, you are getting refurbished garbage. Definitely inspect any appliance you buy from them closely. Nothing should have multiple scratches/dings and bends right out of the box. Don't write it off, you probably got ripped off and were sold a used/refurbished unit. Just be vigilant if you decide to buy from this place.

We acquired a washer almost 1 year ago. It stop working almost 2 months ago. After two months, numerous calls, two technicians visits, the washing machine has not been repaired yet. Be smart: this company has low prices, but never ever purchase a guarantee from them... It is useless, you will spend a lot of bad moments and every night you will have to hear the endless complains from your wife...

The employees that are working in return department have very bad behavior and principally the supervisor **. She is not polite. I had to go 4 time to my house to look for 6 screws of a tv that I returned in excellent condition because ** doesn't want take it back. Also, she told me that she is going to take 20% of value of the tv. Just for 6 screws. After 4 time, that I was brought screws She had a rough behavior with me. This is store is in Miami 3200 NW 167 St, Palmetto has very bad service in return department, thanks to ** "Supervisor". My family, my friends and me never go again. I am going to put in Facebook, Instagram and other social media.

Imagine how upset I am to take my time to write this review on a Sunday evening, but I feel a responsibility towards other to keep them informed. I will summarize a 6 month nightmare in a few words if possible. Allow to start by saying that this is my own individual experience and it is not meant to be a generalization of Brandsmart services but just the chance of being in my shoes is worth and double thought.

Let's start: Oct 2014: I purchased a GE washer and dryer and purchased and paid a 5 year "TOP TECH Protection" plan from Brandsmart number ** so to "save money, time and have ease of service and flexibility" as their pamphlet stated. Mar 6 2016: the washer started leaking. I of course called my protection plan number 1800 228-2731 that would answer "Brandsmart customer service". Between that day and Jul 7, 2016 at least 3 different companies with a 1-2 week time difference (it seems they had no rush of course) were sent to fix washer without success (of course meanwhile washer could no be used). Between Jul to Aug 2016 I spent countless time on the telephone back and forth repeating the story and giving details of every unsuccessful visit at many customer service numbers.

By late Aug 2016 I requested washer to be replaced and I was informed that a "Exchange" had been approved, just to find out later that there was a report that indicated that the washer had been fixed!! What a bad joke!!! By early Sep 2016 I was directed to call a customer relation department at a "corporate level", specifically to a lady by the name of Magy (I will be respectful of her last name). I left several messages and explained the situation to her (yes again). She asked me for a couple of days to review the case but did not hear from her for more than a week.

When I called her again, yes I had to repeat the story again. A few minutes later she called me back to let me know that I would have to call the very first telephones I had been calling for months for them to schedule a repair visit (yes this is +6 month since I reported the washer was not working). At that point I just told her to expect this review and of course I would never step into one of Brandsmart stores again and I hanged up. I invite you to draw your own conclusion as to if this is a service that you would like to receive and an experience you would like to come across, I doubt it. Be really Smart!!

Purchased a car stereo and install from the Deerfield location. After a week the radio had issues and needed to be replaced per Kenwood. I called the installer. He told me to call customer service. They told me to go to the store and they told me the installer had to call me. Then speaking to the store manager he told me, he was busy. They only had one guy and what could they do? Then I was told, I could remove the radio myself and return it then wait to have it installed again but that would void my warranty I purchased from them, really?? Ended up removing the radio, returning the warranty and the install price.

I purchased a deep freezer from the stock bridge store in GA. What a horrible choice. I have been getting the runaround since the second month I purchased it. I got a voicemail to come in and pick another out. They wanted to charge me for the delivery and the difference. When clearly I wasn't supposed to pay a delivery charge again. I hate the race card but truly this store is racist. For any race horrible products horrible customer service. I will never buy anything from them in life. They have lost so much business and I'm praying they lose more.

I called to submit a claim for my tv. I was told that I would receive a phone call in 1 to 2 business days. At the end of day three still no phone call. I had to initiate the process and make that phone call to schedule an appointment for someone to come out and inspect my TV. My initial call was placed on August 6, 2016. I got an appointment on August 20, 2016 which the repairman said it would take approximately five days to receive the part. He was here for a total of four minutes. At day six I still received no phone call regarding said part and again initiated the phone call only to find out that the part has not been ordered Until four days after the inspector was here. I received a tracking number for the part and was told that once the part is in I will receive a phone call from the scheduling department to schedule the repair.

Today is August 31 and I have yet to receive a phone call. This morning I again initiated a phone call. After calling the scheduling department they redirected me to customer service which redirected me to scheduling department. I then spoke with an individual that told me the part came in last night. I swiftly corrected the customer service individual to let her know that I in fact had a tracking number and it arrived on the 29th at 10:18 in the morning... And that I have confirmation that an individual with the last name of ** signed for it and now that I know you have the part I want to schedule an appointment.

Somehow I was told that they could come out tomorrow to repair the television and a service technician would call me tonight between six and eight to schedule that for tomorrow. Overall I was on hold multiple times. I called for over 30 minutes many times without receiving any quality information or service. In the future I will not be making any large purchases from Brandsmart due to my experience. The aggravation is not worth my time or effort.

Updated on 09/27/2016: I was told that I was given an option of store credit for $588 or another Samsung TV and was given a model number. I asked the representative what the difference was from my TV. She declined to go into detail and told me that I had to go into the store and see for myself. Additionally she told me I had 48 hrs to make my decision. I looked it up and found it was a curved TV. I immediately called back in less than an hour and told the service representative that I decline the offer that a curved TV is NOT comparable to what I had... and reminded them that my contract stated that I would be offered a comparable TV as per my extended service contract that I purchased above and beyond the purchase price of my original TV.

After declining the offer as stated above I was told that I would be contacted in 3-5 days. I again, never received a call and called in. I was told that no answer was given and that an email would be sent to ask for a status update. This was on September 16, 2016 and was told I would again receive a call once a decision was made. I called Saturday September 24, 2016. Still no decision. I called again Monday September 26, 2016 and was told that the only thing they are offering is a store credit for $588. I again declined this offer as per my service contract I am to be offered a comparable television and not just a store credit for half of what my tv was worth.

Terrible customer service department! Contacted the company on 8/8/16 requesting service for my Kitchen Aid refrigerator with an extended warranty because it is not cooling. All food items had to be thrown away. Since then, I have contacted the service department every day and have been put on extended hold then told the replacement part was received today and that I should get a call within the next 24 hours. I never receive a call! I have left my contact information several times for Eddie and Maggie (so called service managers) and I have yet to receive a call back to get a status report as to when my refrigerator will be repaired.

Today is 8/29/16, I have been bounced around (for an hour!) from agent to agent then told I was being transferred directly to the service department which was a recorded message stating, "thank you for calling... We are not open today. Please call back on another day." I don't know who else to contact. This is unbelievable!!!

My experience with them has been horrible and I would have gladly purchased from a competitor if I had known better. I purchased a New washer and dryer from Brandsmart along with the extended warranty for a few hundred additional dollars. The product failed on me this month while still in warranty. I called the service department (Whose administration is managed by a third party company Named warrantech.com) to file a claim for support.

They told me service would be dispatched a week later on the 16th but they would tell me what time or time frame of the day. Their policy is to call you the EVENING prior to inform you of which day they will provide service. This is wildly inconvenient to the working class to schedule around but obviously Brandsmart and Warrantech does not care. So on the 15th we were to expect a call between 6p to 8p. We called the service center 1-800-228-2731 at 8pm after not receiving a call and was told to wait until 9pm. We received no call and called back at 9am and was told to call the service center. Called the service center. Message comes up stating they closed at 6pm. On the expected day of service we received no call and their technician did not show. So my whole day that I took off for this service was wasted.

The next day (Aug 17th) after the service was support to occur; their tech calls me in the middle of the day and states he will be to my home in 20 min. I was at this time not able to be at the home as no one contacted me to tell me they would be a day late for service. They closed the service request without any follow-up communication and no one contacted me.

I attempted to call their support line again to speak to service management and could not get one on the phone. The hold /wait times are horrible. After waiting for around 30 min today for the service center someone picks up the phone and immediately hung up on me while I was calmly asking if this was the right service center. I called back waited forever again. Their scheduling group told me a supervisor was not available and would not allow me to wait for one. She could not hold with me while a supervisor became available. It has been several weeks now and still no call from their service department and my equipment is still broke. I will never buy from them again. Claim number ** (STILL UNRESOLVED). TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN FAR AWAY.

The extended warranty sounds great when the salesperson is telling you what is covered and all work is performed by Brandsmart. This protection plan is pure garbage as one has to wait on hold for extended periods of time to speak with an operator. Then to be on hold again to get with a person in scheduling. Then again on hold for a service tech availability to schedule a date and time. This operation is a carbon copy of how Adelphia Cable customer service operates. So, don't think you are getting a good deal at Brandsmart. Pay the extra and go to Lowe's or Sears, for appliances, which respect your time and operates a whole lot better.

I purchased a complete appliances package from Brandsmart in 1994 and swore to myself after that purchase that I would never again buy from Brandsmart, due to the poor customer service then. However, my wife thought it might of changed and again we purchased a complete appliance package on May 2014, but history is repeating itself again. Terrible repair warranty service. Never Again!

BrandsMart has had a long history of poor customer service and poor products - it is unfortunate I fell in the "YOU DIDN'T CHECK BRANDSMART"? trap... It is a trap - DO NOT GO TO BRANDSMART unless you are purchasing something that you don't care about the long term value and you don't need the warranty backed up. Buy if you're shipping to Cuba, Venezuela, Colombia, the Islands ... anywhere but here! Their products are of poor quality and they do not stand behind their warranty. The store people are rude, the managers are rude and their customer service - the absolute worst! I just purchased an LG Stove that has electrical problems since Day 2. I was unfortunately naive and thought it would be handled. Here I am 6 months later and my next option is to sue them. Terrible!!

While shopping in this store I overheard employees talking about a customer they had waited on. When asked how it turned out a member of this sales staff stated that the customer tried to "Jew Him Down". He stated this loudly, boldly and without any hesitation. He did not look over his shoulder first, he did not lean forward and put his hand to his my and whisper. He stood strong and without hesitation used a slur that is rarely heard in private or in public but especially not in the work place. I asked this employee for his name and he told me it was Mike **. He then told me that he was the "best" and a 'true professional'. I am writing this review on Yelp and will be sending emails to the ACLU, Anti defamation League and the BBB.

I bought a refrigerator in Brandsmart with my 3yrs warranty, the warranty expired in February 2016. My refrigerator broke May 4, 2016. Immediately I was given the information for the Brandsmart Service Center, providing I pay for service on my refrigerator. I have paid what I was told. It has now been almost 4 months and my refrigerator is still broken. Brandsmart customer service always transfers calls to the service center and they leave you on hold for sometimes an hour. And they say it's not the right dept and they transfer to the parts and scheduling dept. That hold is also an hour hold. After 50 or so calls, I stopped calling and called Corporate. Corporate takes no responsibility and send my calls back to the service. EYDE BOWE is vice president of customer service. But she has yet to speak to me. I am seeking legal action against Brandsmart.

Purchased a washing machine from BrandsMart USA. The delivery people damaged a floor tile. Called BrandsMart many times and was promised a callback. Never received any response. Went into the store and was given a different phone number to report the damage. Called that number several times with promises again of a callback. Never received a response. The worst customer service. Once they have your money THEY JUST DON'T CARE. Wrote a letter to their customer service dept and that was ignored as well. Will NEVER again buy anything from BrandsMart USA. I'm just sorry I didn't come to the internet before making the purchase and see all the complaints they have against them.

Made claim June 26. It's July 20. Had part over a week. Been on hold for a total of 9 hours. They showed with part. Still doesn't work. They referred me to Whirlpool to get replacement. Another 1 and half hours with them. Na na. Another 30 mins with them to hear service is closed. Eeeeeeeeeeek. A 700 dollar WHIRLPOOL MACHINE ONLY WORKS 3 YRS. WOW. I SAY WHIRLPOOL AND BRANDSMART SUCK.

RUN AWAY FROM THIS UNACCOUNTABLE, LOW LEVEL, GROSSLY NEGLIGENT PLACE! I purchased a split air conditioner with an extended warranty in Sept. 2014. I picked it up and had it installed professionally by a licensed electrician. It broke about 1 year later due to defective parts. My first call to Brandsmart was April 04, 2016.

Today is July 05, 2016. IT HAS BEEN IN THE 90 DEGREES FOR MONTHS here in Florida and the air conditioner still is not resolved. I asked Brandsmart to replace it after they had changed both the condenser and compressor, each tech stated that there was a different cause and each time I had to wait for weeks, call everyday, wait on hold constantly and l even lost time from work waiting for techs. They finally said that they will give me a 'store credit' or after another week of mediating this issue, they said they would replace the unit... if and only if I uninstall the unit from the hole in the wall that was made for the air conditioner, take it to their store, pick up the replacement and hire my own electrician and pay for the re installation. This is completely unreasonable, unethical, irresponsible and grossly negligent. They should be prosecuted.

While shopping I passed a group (4 or 5 b) of Salespeople standing in front of a 75 inch TV. One man was describing his experience with a customer he just finished with and he stated loudly and with no shame that the customer "** me down." Before I left I went back found the salesperson asked him for help (pretending to be interested in a TV) and asked his name. He told me it was Mike **. Just to be clear and try to allow the store to verify this encounter I have included his name and where he was standing. It was after 6 pm on Friday 6/30.

Mike ** has a Caribbean accent, wears glasses and looks like he is in his late 50's. Even more disturbing was the reaction from his co-workers. They did nothing and this shows, to me , that this is an acceptable behavior. After 25 years will never go to any BrandsMart Store. To be honest I never liked it to begin with, but if you don't mind terrible service it was a place to get deals. Now with price matching there is no need to go there anyway. I will be finding any and all websites that I can find to right about this.

I purchased a washing machine in 2014 that BM won't fix or replace. Do not buy from this company. They do not stand behind the product or send out repairpersons in a timely time. Within a month of the last repair, they are sending someone out with the parts in 2 weeks!!! That means 2 weeks of laundry at a laundromat, which is a huge expense. We already did this for 2 weeks a month ago. This is all regarding the machine and nothing to do with us. Horrible!!! I am in tears writing this.

Brandsmart USA Company Profile