1.21/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

262 Brandsmart USA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Worse place to spend your money. Bad and poor customers service, they don’t stay behind products and warranty, you buy something that supposed to be new and at the end they don’t replace. They send a technician to fix something that supposed be new.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Good morning. I usually do not do this sort of thing, however, I was very much disgusted by my visit to your store off the Palmetto Expressway in Miami yesterday evening and the contact that I had with the customer service representative sitting behind the desk. I am not a frequent customer or Brandsmart due to my past experience with the lack of customer service of some of your employees. It is sad to say that my experience yesterday, January 14, 2019, with the customer service representative reminded me of why I do not patronize your store. I recently had a washing machine break down for which a service technician was dispatched. Thank you for hiring this gentleman. Nevertheless, because I had an extended warranty of my washer, a decision was made that it was cheaper to replace than repair (my guesstimate). I was offered my choice of replacement or a store credit.

Upon going to your store off the Palmetto Expressway, I advised the customer service representative of my situation and repair number. After taking my phone number and driver's license, she said that I was getting a credit of $516.00. I did not chose to have the credit and tried to explain the representative that I had spoken with the warranty company and accepted the replacement. This representative was, to say the least, RUDE. She told me that I was getting a gift card in the amount of $516.00 (although the warranty company said store credit of $516.36) and that was that. She then walked off to "get my gift card". While she was gone, I called the warranty company and spoke to a customer service representative and expressed my confusion and concern as I was under the impression that I was at the store for the replacement washer and to schedule delivery of my washer.

At the point, the customer service representative returned with my gift card and I again tried to explain and comprehend. The customer service representative was beyond rude and I even informed her that I had the warranty company on the phone and they would like to speak with her. The attitude of your customer service representative was harsh and as she said she wasn't speaking with anyone and did not need to see any paperwork that I had from the warranty company. The representative from the warranty company told me that she could hear her very clearly and could not understand the attitude. The warranty representative said she could not understand the confusion so she suggested I see the store manager and she noted her system with the hostility received from your employee.

This misadventure ended with me speaking with a person in the office who explained Brandsmart's policy and procedure to me and even contacted the sales manager to personally assist me in scheduling the delivery of my replacement washer. This was an example of CUSTOMER SERVICE. I am writing this with the frustration of an experience that was over 16 hours ago and would just like to state that we should all practice humanity when we are serving a customer. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Bought 3 Apple watches for my wife to pick one for Christmas. 1 was bought online and the other 2 were store pickups. Went to return them (still unopened in the plastic wrap) and they stated that I only had 5 days to do a return. So knowing this the clerk opened 2 of the watches out of the plastic before looking at my receipt. I now am going to be stuck with 3 watches and now 2 of them now considered opened.

After chewing out the manager on their store policy he was forced to take the 2 watches that the clerk opened and stick me with 2 big store credits that expire within 2 years. Your website doesn't even list Apple watches is one of the items that has a special return policy. If you are going to have such a ** return policy, how about having it in big bold letters across the tickets and have the purchaser initial it... I guarantee you I would have never left the store with them if you had me initial your 5 day return policy. With 30 days written all across the bottom of the ticket. This might clear up the deception you obviously try to hide. Because of this unethical company policy, I cannot buy from you again.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I came to Brandsmart and a gentlemen helped me by the name of Juan **. He did all at excellent expectations. He got all my information and found me in the system and wrote up order number so I can go pay at register, this is where the fun begins. Cashier register name Jahiria ** attended me not to only be disrespectful and rude but I knew she was up to something with the next person which was so called manager of that section. She asked me for my ID, which she found me in the system and of a sudden she needed another identification. So she asked for my debit card. I said, "For what? I have an account with your store, credit card. You don't need my other credit cards to verify it's me. The gentlemen put all details in that piece of paper which all you have to do is scan items and use my account that you already found in the system as well."

She comes up with the excuse that she need to call bank to verify, and needs social security number but she already had my account in front of her. So she calls the bank. I had to give bank information and this cashier writes down my account number of my credit card. I said, "Ok cool. Let her finish." As soon as she finished I said, "Give me that piece of paper. I will dispose of it myself because it has personal information of mines." The woman next to her or girl I don't even know. She looked weird to me. She said, "I can't give you anything. I will shred it." I said, "No. It's my information and I want it. Who are you to take my information and throw it just like that in the trash as if that's not how scams start and information be stolen and used."

When I went to get paper out of trash she picks it up fast and starts ripping it in my face. Yes I was close enough to go over that counter and have her senses take out. She was rude and disrespectful and then the cashier started smiling and making attempts like seizing me for me to actually do something so I can get arrested. I kept my calm and said, "That's how it is. Ok. I want all this returned and I'm done with Brandsmart." They called the higher managers. The manager was Jamaica and she couldn't understand not even half the things I said as if what her employees did was ok. Then she called another higher person and that persona was more ignorant than the rest. I got my refund and never again will I go to this or any Brandsmart ever. As soon as my account is cleared from the last purchase it did 4 months ago it will closed.

I went to Best Buy and got the same items cheaper and with great customer service. Never again and I suggest you all not to go to any Brandsmart ever. They are rude and keeping your information near them at register. They say they can't give your information back to you. Isn't that crazy? Them keeping my information. For what reason? You already verified it's me, how you gonna keep my information like that and especially my account number to my credit card. No way. That's a scam and this is the store that is in sawgrass mills in Sunrise Florida. Never again will I go there. They lost a sale of $500 dollars. I just feel sorry for salesman. He lost his commission. But if the manager cared that they all got caught keeping information of customers he would of kept his sales but he didn't. He was being more ignorant and not cared that he lost the sale and that his employees was doing something illegal.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Went to the Brandsmart in West Palm Beach. The patience exhibited by the shift manager, Mr. Osvald **, was enough to remind me of the bias I admit I have with an aging, nervy parent. He assisted us in 'bringing back to life' the electronic appliance that was presumably broken. Thank you so much!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brandsmart?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Went in to purchase new appliances. Had Ruddy help me pick out what I needed. He says, "No problem. We can deliver it on Sunday. No Problem." He wrote up the order and even verified the address on Palm Beach Property Appraiser's website. So was good to go! NOT SO FAST, SUNDAY came and I waited until 4 pm on the delivery! NO SHOW so I decided to give them a ring. Then the fun began, I was informed that my address was correct. However my zip code didn't match? Ok so my phone number is printed clearly on the invoice. The salesman must have made a mistake, call me and verify the Zip Code. Simple enough right? NOPE. Not for them.

They informed me even though the address was correct the zip code didn't match that the driver can't take my word for it over the phone? WHAT are you kidding me. So after 3 different customer service reps that had NO CLUE what they were doing I returned to the store MONDAY morning only to get more of the runaround. ENOUGH is ENOUGH. I got a refund and will NEVER SET FOOT IN ANOTHER BRANDSMART, Super poor Customer Service. They got a 1 STAR only because there are no other options.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Racist, poor & aggressive service from upper leadership. Actively seeking class action lawsuit, was treated with total racial discrimination when returning item that I was given wrong information about.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

After purchasing 5k of appliances that I asked the salesmen if it was in stock. One month and counting I have not received the product yet my credit card is still charged for product not received. They shipped me a broken refrigerator, microwave...no stove...and one dishwasher... All I get is a runaround.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

If I could, I would not give any stars. Worst to buy appliances from. Have great deals but all defective appliances. So we brought 4 appliances last year. Our fridge has been acting up. This is the second time it broke down and going on 3 weeks without a fridge. A tech came last week and ordered a part. Came back today and that was the wrong part. So it will take another few days for the part to arrive. Mind you, we had 4 big black garbage bags of wasted food thrown away. And having to buy food every single day because we can't hold on to a damn thing in the fridge. So extended warranty can't do anything besides sending techs for repairs.

We are still paying for the appliances. So I called Brandsmart and some ** of a manager says, "Well the only thing I can do for you is for you to come in and purchase another fridge and once your old fridge is repaired we will refund you your money." After 3 wks and money spent and food spoiled, you want me to purchase another fridge? Really??

They sell crappy things. Deal or not. All defective. Do not purchase anything from Brandsmart. Worst customer service. Within a year of purchase our fridge broke down and now again. My 13-year-old niece is with us for a few wks and having to buy food every day is ridiculous. It's Brandsmart fault that the tech ordered the wrong part. Yet we have to suffer still. And the sad part is we are still paying for a broken fridge. Unbelievable. Listen people do not purchase anything from Brandsmart. All refurbished and defective.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I purchased an extended warranty (36 months) for my washer and dryer. After about a year the dryer stopped working. I called to file a claim and they told me Brandsmart did not supply them with the washer/dryer manufacturer and that it would take them 24-48 hours to update it. I asked if there was anything else missing because I had the receipt with all the information. They said they had everything. I called the next day. They told me they had the manufacturer, but they were missing the model numbers and since I bought the bundle, they had to separate the order and I had to wait 48 hours. I waited 48hrs and called, to my surprise the lady said they needed to create a separate contract for each item and that I have to wait another 48 hours. IT'S A SCAM!!! Every time you try to file a claim they come up with an excuse not to process it.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I have been waiting since September 23, 2018. To get my washer repair. They gave me a 2 weeks time frame before they could come out. October 8th, I had an appointment between 1 and 4. I was home at 12:30 waiting. No consideration to call me to let me know you're running late it's now 5:30. They showed up at my house a quarter to 6. Now they have to order the parts. The parts are in. Now it's October 16th. They won't be able to schedule me in until the following week. In this time frame. I have spend over $450 washing and drying close. I'm pretty sure by the following week I will have to wash a again. If I would have known that from the beginning. How long it's going to take and how much I'm spending out of pocket. I could have just bought a new washer. Very very very disappointed and a horrible service.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I am so upset with this service that I have received. I bought a tv and I bought the warranty for this sole purpose. A tech came to my house and my tv is unable to be fixed and they said 5 days. Then I call the store and they said 48 hours. Now I called back and now they are telling me that it was just inputted yesterday when this tech was at my house 4 days ago and now they are telling me an additional 3 to 5 days. This is ridiculous. I have been out of a tv for 10 days and every day someone tells me a different story. I call the store and they constantly hang up on me. What is the purpose of me buying a warranty?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

DO NOT USE BRANDSMART USA on large purchases and large sums (!). Not unpacked and new cellphones don't accept to return even next day after purchase. Delivery of kitchen appliances if happens after the 10th attempt and in time according to the schedule, then it will be good luck. Delivery service of kitchen appliances from this store comes true Not according of the schedule and after 6 PM when the elevator is closed for access. Delivery-drivers do not pick up phone. Very low level of service, unusual for the USA.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

We purchased a washer and dryer from one of your outlets. We have over the past 10 or more years bought appliances and had them shipped to the Caribbean - where we live - without incident. Never had any issues until this last purchase. Despite informing the salesman that the items were not remaining in the US, we were sold appliances with 60HZ cycles and only 50hz cycles work in my country. When contacted with our concerns and complaints, the response from the salesman and his manager were less than unacceptable. The experience have left a bad taste and we wouldn't be making any other purchases from Brandsmart.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Bought an over-the-range microwave from them online. Got it and then realized that it was too tall for the space where it was to be installed. Ok, my mistake. I packed it back up in its original packaging and requested an RMA. I received the RMA and set out to return it via UPS, who wouldn't take it because it exceeded their limit of 70 pounds. Great. Then I tried USPS - they wanted $135! BrandsMart charged me $49 shipping when I received it. I paid only $169 for the microwave, and they want to charge me $135 to return it! Absurd. Never again with these people.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I never write review in any website. I actually do not have any social media account. However, this time my experience has been so so bad that I have to write this review. First, they never clear up that the delivery company do not help you to put your items in your unit (even though it is first floor). So, if you order heavy things you have to carry by yourself. Second: returning items that you buy online is a nightmare. You have to pay by your self the return and the assistance to do that from them is ZERO. They basically do not care you to return the item. Third: Once you successfully return the items, then start the email, phone call and fax battle to get your refund. Everything can take you a month, easily.

Original review: July 23, 2018

On June 29 2018, I called to report that my 65" LG tv wasn't working. After verifying that I had extended warranty, I was told that the earliest time and day to have a repairman dispatched was July 3rd. The repairman came to the premises and did his assessment then left. I called dispatch (since no information was provided by the tech), and was told that it was customary for the tech to do the assessment then the associated parts would be ordered. I found it odd that an assessment was done and you the TV was never removed from the wall on which it is mounted. Two days later, I began calling the service center to get an update on the status of the repairs, and was told that it can take as long as seven business days for the parts to arrive (basically telling me that I have to wait for the parts to get here). They acquired the part on Friday July 13th.

On Tuesday July 17, the tech was dispatched to my home (they said that was the earliest possible time he could be dispatched), and arrived sometime in the afternoon around 3:00 pm. He called me and informed me that the TV had to be removed from the wall or else he could not affect the necessary repairs. He offered to leave and return the next morning, which I refused. I called my sons and had them, reinstall the TV so that no more time would be wasted. When I got home, I was told by my eldest son that the tech said the repairs were completed. Upon connecting the TV, I realized that the RF tuner and HDMI ports weren't working so effectively the repairs weren't complete. I called back customer service the next morning July 18th to have the ticket reopened and the tech re-dispatched.

I was given an appointment of Saturday July 21st (previously I was told that they don't work on Saturdays) as the day for the tech to be dispatched again. No tech showed up on Saturday, neither was there any courtesy call with an update. Monday July 23rd, I call back to customer service and ask to speak with a manager. The representative who answered the phone Cayla (not sure if I misspelled her name), told me that I would receive a callback from the manager which I did. When the manager called back, she said that the earliest day to have two techs dispatched to site is August 1st and I promptly refused. She said that since the TV was mounted on the wall and was heavy, it would require two techs to remove it. I informed her of the fact that it was previously removed by my sons... no problem there.

She offered to contact the tech to determine what went wrong on Saturday which resulted in a no show, at which time I determined that I had had enough. I told her that this was unacceptable and that I am demanding a replacement TV or that it needs to be repaired today. At the time of the composition of this review 6:51 pm... no TV. I will be filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I tried to purchase a Maytag range and Microwave bundle on Sunday. My card company blocked it for phone approval which I did. The Brandsmart website did not appear to be working... I foolishly sent payment 7 times. A $50 gift card for $0 appeared. The sale never went through, my Brandsmart account shows no orders. My Visa account shows 7 sales pending for the same price and is nearly maxed. This is late Tues and I have been on the phone with Brandsmart 8 times now begging them to reverse. I have canceled my card in case Brandsmart has been hacked but Visa cannot do anything. Brandsmart cannot find any record of me though I am receiving promotional email, this would not be so stressful if I live locally but it is over $150 shipping in just this direction. 7 times if they send the 7 Ranges. A $50 gift card for $0 is still in my cart?

Original review: June 19, 2018

About two months ago we had a washer/dryer delivered from Brandsmart. The delivery people knocked an antique plate off the wall and caused it to break. They also caused a flood in the foyer when they dropped the old washer off the hand truck they were using. Brandsmart refuses to take responsibility saying that it is the delivery company's responsibility. So far no one has done anything to resolve the problem. Capital One says it is Brandsmart’s responsibility. Stay away from this seller, they will do nothing to help you.

Original review: June 16, 2018

From start to finish, this has been the absolute WORST business with which I have ever done business. The customer service reps are completely clueless and rude. They fraudulently charge your credit card for things that you don't approve, they lie about sending out your package until you call them out on it, then make up another lie to cover up the one they just told you. When I had finally had enough of the nonsense with the idiots in the customer service department, I told them to cancel my order after verifying with UPS the package had not been picked up. I was assured the shipment had been canceled and I could receive a cancellation notice twenty minutes later. When I called back, I talked to another rep who blatantly lied and told me UPS had already picked up the package (I had just checked prior to the call and confirmed the package had not been picked up from their warehouse yet).

She told me I could just refuse it when it arrived. I told her they just needed to cancel the order as I had requested several hours before, but she refused to do so. I asked for the corporate number to call and file a complaint, and was given an email to which I sent a letter detailing the nonsense that occurred. I am not holding my breath on receiving a response because it is quite clear this business is managed very poorly and with a complete lack of integrity from corporate down. Now, I will have to wait for the package to arrive, refuse it, then fight with them for months to get my money back which will probably require legal action before it is over. This company needs to be put out of business!!

Original review: May 25, 2018

I'm from India... This is one of the cheating company in USA. They are contact through online for buying iPhonex mobile in reduced price. Afterwards they said to deposit shipping amount 5000. We paid, then they dispatched the courier. They said, "After receive your materials then you can pay". But suddenly they contact through online to pay 25000 for international delivery charges from agent I paid. After some time they said to pay 10000 for local delivery. I paid. Now they said to pay 15000. What is the fraud company is this totally. I'm helpless... Now they are not coming to online. I don't know whether my order will be coming or not? Don't cheat poor peoples.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Under warranty period technician changed parts citing ‘defects’ 6 TIMES. Dishwasher still doesn’t function properly & requested Mftr exchange. 15 emails to and from everyone in customer service at Brandsmart yielded NOTHING. Constant Repairs over 3 years, now Linda **, Linda ** and 3 others are stating dishwasher out of warranty. What horrible customer service, even worse for the Perlman family good faith.

Original review: April 23, 2018

WORST PLACE EVER. BUY ELSEWHERE. CUSTOMER SERVICE WORST I'VE RECEIVED. This location sold us a computer with a crack in the screen!! When we went to exchange it or remedy the situation NOTHING was done to help us. The manager David ** did absolutely nothing to resolve the issue. He even blamed us for the damaged computer! FYI, they have a 5 day return limit on their big ticket items... now I see why... they are damaged. I will be contacting corporate to report the staff and request something be done. Save your money and buy somewhere where you're actually treated with respect. This place will no longer receive a dime of my money and I will do my best to make sure everyone I know is aware of this.

Original review: April 17, 2018

In 2016 I purchase a Onkyo NR646 receiver. 2018 I have take this receiver 5 times to have it repair, volume control, video control, overheat, video and audio lost while watching tv And today April 17 2018 still not working proper. Spoke to me Agustin service supervisor and he said that on their record the unit only have been service twice, I have all the documents to prove the unit is been in Brandsmart 5 time and the problem continues, I have spend thousand of dollars in the past 15 years. Today I advise anyone considering purchasing any appliances stay away, Brandsmart don’t valued any customer no matter how much you spend. At this point after spending $579 dollars and paid an extra for the extended warranty. I never purchase at brandsmart and advice prospect clients to stay away. After sales service is pathetic and unprofessional.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I decided to Google to see if it was isolated since it happened to me twice and now I see it's not. Be careful when dealing with this retailer, they are really dishonest and shady. For the second time, I returned an item and was told the credit will go back to my credit card and months later nothing. In both cases I was able to get the credit card company to issue me the credit, but be aware when dealing with Brandsmart. I will likely not go back, but if I do I will be very cautious.

I also purchased an item with a rebate offer, was given the wrong form by the salesperson. I had to go back in for the right form and last night it occur to me that several months later I never got that rebate check. I will be going to the store tonight regarding this, but am not optimistic anything will come of it. This might be the last time I step foot in one of their stores.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I went to the store and wanted to buy a certain Maytag washer and dryer. The salesperson insisted I buy another brand. They told me Maytag it was a special order. I ended up buying what I wanted from Home Depot at a better price. On another occasion I went with my daughter to buy her a computer. Of course, they did not have it in stock. They told us to fill a form whereas we would be contacted when the item was back in stock again. After waiting for a month, we decided to buy the item from Amazon. Had it within days. I remember years ago when we used to buy all our appliances there. To the morons who are running Brandsmart: Your stores and service have gone down in quality. Your business will go down the drain. Stay away from Brandsmart!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Went to Brandsmart to buy a refrigerator. Salesperson convinced me to buy the whole kitchen packaged. Ended up buying a new stove, dishwasher microwave and refrigerator. Salesperson indicated the items will be delivered between few days, But never told me that the refrigerator will take more than 6 weeks to be delivered. Brandsmart never wrote down in their receipts that I will have to wait forever for the refrigerator. Now every time I call, they just say it is a 80 person waiting list for the refrigerators! Never again I will get anything from Brandsmart. I like to deal with honest companies.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I purchased all new kitchen appliances. The microwave stopped one week from the end of warranty. They delayed getting back to me and when they did, I was told it was out of warranty. I finally got them to come to my home three weeks later to fix it. It needed two switches. They had to order the parts. Three times they set up appointments to come back and three times they didn't show as "the parts are not in." A big joke. Their corporate number is another joke as they just hang up on you. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS THEY ARE HORRIBLE!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I gave 2 stars because I love my Samsung washing machine. But the international customer service is horrible. I never received a confirmation email so I called the customer service number to ask about my order. The woman was so rude! I was told that this is Brandsmart and we don't sent confirmation emails that I would hear from them the day before the delivery was scheduled. So I said, "I'll hear from you Sunday" then and was hung up on. I did not hear from them until Monday morning. The delivery people were very nice and professional. I finally received my email letting me know they would be delivering my washer the next day. But it was delivered the day before. Probably will never buy from them again. Customer service was just too rude for me to continue to give them my money.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I bought a set of what should be a set of Leather Couch at Brands Mart Saw Grass Mills after doing business with them for years, every Electrical Appliances in my house I purchase them at Brandsmart. This time around I am a dissatisfied customer, the Material is not Leather as stated but Vinyl and strip and cracked up, within a short period. I Called. Made Complained. They send out someone with parts. He came out. Patch up a little part of it then leave, telling me they ordered the wrong parts for over seven months I have been waiting. The repairman leave everything on the floor. Also the wrong parts that were ordered by them in the middle of my house with all the tacks that were taken out. Also the piece of parts that were taken off. I am presently calling CHANNEL 7- Howard Fleckenstein and CHANNEL 10 investigative line.

Also I am thinking about "SUING" Brandsmart, I have pictures of how this man left my house. Also the crappy job that were done. No one follow up to see if my job was done, I am a poor man but I am prepared to fight Brandsmart to make sure someone else don't get the kind of treatment that I am presently experience.

Brandsmart I would not recommend to my enemy at this time but I am still hoping someone will listen and attend to my plight, my wife is having a hard comprehending with Brandsmart representatives.

Brandsmart USA Company Information