3.4/5 (1045 ratings)

About Men's Wearhouse

Men's Wearhouse Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Men's Wearhouse?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I walked in and wasn’t acknowledged by anyone. There was three employees working at the moment, the moment one was available she walked to the front of the store to assist another employee at the register, she never once said, "I’ll be with you in a moment" and I was literally standing 2ft from her. A ** male walked in the store and was assisted immediately. I proceeded to walked to the register and I still wasn’t acknowledged. This service is unacceptable and will not buy or rent from them in the future. If you are in the Athens, GA area I recommend Pernos!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

My tux pants had a broken clasp that kept coming undone, keeping them from fighting tight enough. Just walking was tough, but definitely no dancing, etc. I didn't mind TOO much, until I returned the rental. I didn't want the next person to have the same problem, so I tried to tell the employee what the problem was. All he said was “that’s cool” and clearly had NO interest in the problem, much less what the problem was. So I'm sure the next person with the tux had the same problem.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

I rented a tux and was measured for it and the shirt. It was the night of the event when I picked it up so I didn’t try it on. I’m sorry I didn’t (though I doubt much could be done). The shirt was short on the sleeves and a really cheap material. The tux jacket looked like I had big shoulder pads. When I returned the tux the next day, I realized a day or so later that I left a thin wallet in the back pocket with my driver’s license and one credit card. Also $70 in cash.

I called the store and was referred to another entity that appears to warehouse their rentals. I was told if it was found they would contact me and if not I would hear nothing. Well I heard nothing and it’s been a over a month. You would think the renting store would at a minimum check the pockets, or that their warehouse would employ honest people. I replaced the license and the credit card, and wrote off the cash, but I’ll never return to Men's Warehouse.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

First Red decided everything. I wanted to buy a suit and get it altered quickly. She decided I needed to rent a suit. Why I don't know. I wanted to buy one. Then they didn't have a suit my size or a sport coat or a blazer. Calling state college. They didn't have my size. I'm thinking they should not have stores that don't have sizes.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

Black Vera Wang. Standard tux. Thought it would be simple enough. Somehow they still got my measurements wrong. Sleeves too long and the length of the pants too long. Came in 2x for measurements. Second time to point out the corrections and emphasis the length of the tuxedo as I am barrel chest with a muscular build. A baggy looking suit after measurements is not ok. Regardless the attention to detail is lacking for a company that takes pride in such. Next time go with a local shop that takes pride in their work. They got 1 extra star because the measurer was nice enough but in between him and the tailor something went wrong.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

- Stains on 3 of 8 jackets to the tuxes

- Ordered the incorrect ties
    - When we re-ordered the jackets, the order was put in as a new vest instead of a jacket
    - 2 of the 8 tuxes fit on the first try (the remaining 6 had incorrect measurements and/or wrong style)
    - One tux had different length sleeves - when this was brought up, we were told it was because the person's shoulders were different sizes (obviously, not true)
    - Two members in our group gave their Regular - size tuxes to the employees and they ordered the tuxes as Slim and Long... Mind you, these are two 35 year corporate employees.

- Every error that occurred, the employees stated that it was somehow our fault (including measurements and shoulder sizes). Even up until the day before the wedding, we still were not sure the tuxes were correct.

I made 6 total trips to Men's Wearhouse, trying to get these tuxes straight for our wedding. I am very disappointed in my experience, I'm disappointed my groomsmen paid money for all of these mistakes, and I will not be back to Men's Wearhouse.

Original review: June 25, 2022

We had a 12pm appointment. Approached the service desk. Stood there about 6 minutes before the lady moving things around on the desk decided to look at us and ask if she could help us with a bewildering look on her face. She never greeted us. Now did she smile (we were ** and she was **.) I told her we had an appointment for a fitting. She immediately starting looking around. She said she could take his measurements but the computer had some kind or problem. She then walks away and goes to the front of the store and appears to start working as a cashier. That went on for about 15 minutes.

Then heard her ask the other person at the register if they needed help and he said no. She heads back in our direction and there is a ** man just standing and she offered her assistance that he refused. She gets closer to us and another ** man who was being help by someone else she asked him if she could help him. He said yes and she proceeded to assist him right in front of me. I looked at her wondering what's go on and she just hunched up both shoulders and continued to help him. It is now 12:25. I was sooo angry I left the store pissed. It was the worst service ever. Down right insulting.

Original review: May 23, 2022

DO NO USE MEN'S WEARHOUSE FOR YOUR WEDDING! You will regret it. Nothing will go right. Everything will get messed up. It will cause you stress leading up to what is already a stressful event to plan, coordinate and execute. The last thing you want it to be stressed about is your suit(s). If I could leave a 0 star review, I would. The Atlanta GA, Buckhead store especially gets a 0 star review. The store associates are incompetent, lazy & apathetic. None of them care about accurate or timely customer service. All of them were a displeasure to interact.

I purchased a custom suit for my wedding because when setting up rentals for my groomsmen and myself, I wanted to purchase the suit I would rent; however, I was told that is not possible, and given no actual reason why. Just told "we don't do that." The person who input my party's names / information misspelled every name on the order. How difficult is it to copy a name from a piece of paper over to a computer? Small errors like this are 100% indicative of a broader problem with the people working here: lazy, apathetic and incompetent.

The sales associate who fitted me for my suit was so incompetent, he almost submitted my order with an inaccurate phone number. If I had not reviewed the order & corrected it, I would have faced many more issues since phone numbers are the way orders are looked up. Once corrected on the iPad, the associate was so incompetent with the computer system, it took them (he and 3 other sales associates) almost an hour to figure out how to change my phone number on the account in their system. After spending almost 2 hours in the store, I had my wedding suit purchased and rentals setup.

I selected a rental that is advertised as "Calvin Klein Blue Suit" with the key word being "suit." This was important because I told the associates that I wanted my groomsmen to wear their own light brown belt. I made the explicitly clear to the sales associate, and they assured me this rental would be a good option. However, 3 days before the wedding, my groomsmen send me pictures and the pants had no belt loops. When I confronted the associate, he became defensive, angry and rude and suggested they could "return the rentals." Obviously this was not an option given that it was 2 days before the wedding.

Fast forward almost 2 months, and I have heard no updates on my suit. I call and got on the phone with the person who originally placed my order. After 30 minutes, he can't find the order or figure out how to find it and must ask others to help him with the computer system. He finally finds the order, and he informs me that it "has only just left China via DHL." Keep in mind, this is weeks before my wedding and almost 2 months AFTER placing the order. I ask for the tracking code, which ends up being incorrect. Apparently, it is too difficult to properly read a tracking code off of a screen over the phone.

I call back a day later and had the displeasure of speaking with an associate who was rude, loud and unhelpful. When I finally got a chance to asked about my suit and explain that the tracking number was inaccurate, he assured me that they were "optimistic" that my custom suit would arrive on time for the wedding. When I asked for the tracking number he said he couldn't get it because that information was "on the other side of the store in the computer." I was shocked at the laziness. He took down my number and said someone would call me back; no one called.

I then decide to rent 3 different colored vests, so I could try them on the day of the wedding and decide which color I liked best. After being fitted for a vest with an associate, I assumed they would fit. They did not, so I was unable to wear a vest on my wedding day. Multiple of my groomsmen in different stores around the country had similar terrible experiences with incompetent, lazy & apathetic store associates. Men's Wearhouse is an awful company. This store is a terrible location. Avoid Men's Wearhouse for your wedding at all costs. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 11, 2022

My son rented a prom tux from them and it was the biggest mistake ever! They put his prom down for the wrong date so they had to reorder his tux 2 days before prom. We get the tux at 1pm the day of the prom making us late for his pictures. We get home and the tux was supposed to be grey with a bow tie. A printed vest. We go home it’s a black tux. A plain vest. A tie instead of bow tie. The wrong size jacket. His pants have no button on them! The customer service when I called about this was terrible! The lady named Jennifer was rude and disrespectful! I do not recommend going here at all. It’s the one on us 31 in Greenwood Indiana. They also gave his friend a broke shoe with his rental.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Just to provide a bit of background. I am a 16 year old who wanted to go to prom, just like any other kid. I made the grave mistake of waiting until the week of prom to get my suit. I go to my local Men's Wearhouse where I am able to get pants, a dress shirt, and a bowtie. The only piece missing to my puzzle was the jacket. I was going for the all black look so we tried on a grey jacket of the same brand to see if it would fit me and then they would order the black jacket in my size online and it would be delivered to my house on Thursday, perfecting timing for prom.

The order is set and Thursday comes around and the jacket isn't there, so I call Men's Wearhouse and they say "it is unavailable due to lack of inventory since we have a lot of prom requests". So now I am absolutely in frantic mode wondering what I am going to do. This is where Gail comes in. I make the decision to head into the Men's Wearhouse and see if there anything I can do last minute. I explain to Gail my situation and she was completely understanding of. She made it up to me by saying "let's see what we can do because it getting canceled was completely unfair". She goes to the back and brings back a jacket which was an Egara blue metallic jacket which looked stunning and fit on me perfectly and didn't need to get tailored. And to make up for the inconvenience she lent it to me for free on the condition I return it. Then I went to prom with my date and we looked fantastic. Gail truly makes miracles happen.

Men's Wearhouse Company Information