2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.63/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Men's Wearhouse Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Men's Wearhouse?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Men's Wearhouse?

Original review: June 5, 2020

Went in store on March 7, 2020 to be fitted for suit. This was for my son's wedding on June 6, 2020. tried contacting the company multiple times with no success until June 2. The suit was sent to my house late in the afternoon June 4. Tried suit on the shirt is so large that 2 people my size could fit in shirt, the pants are a good 3 to 4 inches short, the jacket sleeves just barely go half way down forearm. Now this is 2 days before wedding. So needless to say I will not be in same suit as the rest of wedding party. They were wise enough to change companies and order suits. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS!! PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

Original review: May 30, 2020

We received the WORST customer service from this place. Honestly, if I could give it zero stars I would. Our wedding was May 30th. We submitted our order weeks in advance. They did not send suit rentals until the week of the wedding! The groom didn’t even get his suit until the THURSDAY BEFORE!!! None of the suits fit right despite being measured.

I understand that due to COVID-19 their stores were closed and they could not have us try on in store. But to wait until the absolute last minute to send the suits out? The groom can’t even exchange for the right fit because there’s no time. How does this even happen?! It’s as if they just picked suits of the same color and hoped for the best. You’d think with their stores being closed they would do more to make sure their service was impeccable. My dad had to get a new suit and his jacket sleeves are sewn so poorly they aren’t even.

Their customer service? A joke. You literally wait on hold for hours to speak to someone. The groom called at 10 when their phone lines opened and didn’t get through until after 12. His request needed to be put in by 12. For as much money as you pay, this place is a ridiculous joke. When talking to a customer service rep, my fiancé asked what he should do if his suit didn’t fit. The rep literally said “well, then you’re screwed.” Who says that?! Worst customer service ever, worst business experience ever. I will NEVER go through Men’s Wearhouse again, and I will never ever recommend this place to anyone. So ridiculous. To say I’m frustrated is a complete understatement.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Stores closed due to COVID. There was absolutely no information or updates on our tuxes for wedding. For weeks we couldn’t get anyone on the phone. Finally their phones are up and running but the wait was over an hour long. Once they answered, no one would give us a straight answer about how to get the tuxes or when they would arrive. Completely unacceptable. I understand businesses are hurting, but you need to honor the events that are still happening. Awful customer service. We will absolutely not be using them again in the future.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Our daughter’s wedding is this Saturday May 30. After calling 3 times and being on hold for 30 minutes each time, every sorry individual we spoke with has told us untruthfully that my husbands tux would get to us in time. The last person we spoke with yesterday stated that it would be shipped today Tuesday, May 26. By 5:00, no email had been received that it was shipped so we called.

Again, after being on hold for 27 minutes we finally were able to speak with a patronizing arrogant woman who frankly treated my husband like a child. He never lost his temper nor raised his voice and as he explained to her he is the father of the bride and the wedding is in 3 days, she had the audacity to tell him to count to ten and relax. Never in all my days, and we are business owners, have I ever had a person make a comment like that. How absolutely unprofessional and rude was this incompetent sorry excuse for a person. This company is not at all concerned for their customers especially the ones who have paid in advance. I suggest anyone and everyone to go to anyone else but this sorry business to obtain tuxes. There are other companies out there and I only wish we had utilized them instead of this joke of a company. Disgraceful!!!!

Original review: April 26, 2020

I Have never shopped at Men’s Wearhouse before. Thought I would give them a try. On March 7, 2020 I purchased a suit for $367 needed to be altered. I left and came back on March 9, 2020 and told them I changed my mind and wanted to return the suit. The salesperson went in the back room and came back with just the pants and said they sent the jacket out to be altered and so he could not do a refund until it comes back on March 24. On March 17 I received an email saying they were temporarily closed but would have limited staff to handle online orders alterations and etc. I called on March 24 to get my refund. nobody answered. I went to the store. There was nobody there. I sent an email and got a response in the next day that said that they would take care of it when they opened on April 7.

I sent several more emails telling them this was not acceptable. They had my suit still they had my money and there was no reason why they could not refund my money electronically because I paid with a credit card. Every time they refused to do anything about it and said that they would do it when they re-opened. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau at which time I found out they have a D-rating with them. Today is April 26, 2020 I still have heard nothing about a refund or a response to my Better Business Bureau complaint. I DO NOT-recommend this company to anybody. Please DO NOT buy or rent anything if you read the reviews. They HAVE very poor customer service.

Original review: April 2, 2020

DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM. NOT NOW, NOT EVER. Literally the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my entire life. If anyone is still proceeding with their wedding or prom, or whatever your event is and has ordered tuxes from Men's Wearhouse, they just informed me through their ridiculous texting that they would not be fulfilling any orders until they open their stores back up on May 4th. I asked for a refund so we could get other tuxes and they advised that they couldn't do that either until they opened stores back up.

They just sent out emails last week asking if dates were still on and if people were still continuing with events and someone would be at the store to fulfill the rentals, but apparently they ARE NOT. My wedding is 8 days away and they haven't even bothered to let us know, and had I not texted them today, I still wouldn't have known. Their stores have been closed for 2 weeks or more at this point, there's no excuse for this, so buy or rent your suits from LITERALLY anywhere else. Like literally anywhere.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Wardrobe Malfunction. I was fitted for a rental tux at their Thousand Oaks CA. store. Cost of roughly $200 for one night. The pants would not stay clasped which forced me to hold them up all night. Made for a less than stellar evening. I got an ingenuous "I'm sorry" from their sales clerk. Not going back.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Just got married in October 2019 and our experience with our entire bridal party, Godfather of the Bride and the Groom was absolutely horrible. Out of 7 men and two young boys, only two tuxedos were measured correctly. The remaining tuxedos all had HIGH WATER pants! All of our men DO NOT WEAR HIGH WATER PANTS! Instead of the pants being at the regular length and sitting at top of the shoe, their pants were stopping at their ankles. This is not what we requested and this is what we kept getting at the time of their fittings! Not to mention that both my Godfather and my now husband went back THREE times with incorrect tuxedos.

My husband's tuxedo didn't even match as far as color. The jacket was a darker black than the black pants. Staff made the excuse that the jacket has more material layers than the pants! The pants were faded from being cleaned so many times! Watch out Bride-to-Be's! Don't go through the headaches that we did! The experience with the fittings was so horrible that our rehearsal dinner was DELAYED 3 HOURS because of these fitting issues!

Resolution response: Jan. 2, 2020

I finally talked with the manager and she resolved the situation for me. She was really great and very nice about everything. She said that the store will do what they can when they can. She worked with calling me as soon as she could get enough money in the store to cover my return. I will be returning to this store again since I know that the management does pay attention.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I have never shopped at Mens Wearhouse before and decided to give them a shot for buying a suit and all of the necessary things that I would need with it. A few weeks after I had purchased everything and inside of the 90 day return policy I was getting ready and trying things on before our wedding event. The shoes were not fitting well and since they had never been worn besides trying them on, I decided to return them. I went to the store to be told that they could not return them for cash as I had paid for everything in cash, and I would be given a check in the mail in 7 or so days. The event was that next day and that would not work. I have put over $1400 into purchasing everything and to return shoes around $200 and to need to get replacement shoes quickly I was now in a pinch. How can a store do this to customers that pay instantly for something in cash and can not get the instant return in the store inside of their return policy and with a receipt?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I never shopped Men's Wearhouse. About 10 months ago, I decided to give them a shot. Although their casual dress clothes and dress shirts are of great quality, their men's suits by Kenneth Cole with the Men's Wearhouse name are ridiculously cheaply made. I paid a fortune for two of these suits. I had the same problem with both of them. In the pants, the back pocket ripped out on the side that I wear my wallet. Which wouldn't be so bad, but it was $300 just to replace the pants. I find these prices for this poor quality quite abominable. I also would like to add that their tailoring department isn't the greatest. If you are going to shop here, avoid the suits. As I said, the rest is fine, but my experience with their poor quality suits has left a poor taste in my mouth. Also, salespeople are quite aggressive and pushy, which makes for a stressful shopping experience.

Men's Wearhouse Company Information