2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.8/5 (421 ratings)

About Men's Wearhouse

Men's Wearhouse Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Men's Wearhouse?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Men's Wearhouse?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

My son went to the Deptford NJ location to purchase pants for homecoming. He had one of the people there help him and decided to get alterations done by the person on site. He picked them up the night before homecoming and the day of he put them on and they did not fit him at all. They were extremely tight. The people who work there including the manager there should be ashamed of their selves. I went in three days later to return them and the manager told me that I can’t return them because they were hemmed. My son or husband will never shop in there again and I promise I will let it be known that you guys are a disgrace.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I purchased a suit and had it fitted for alterations. Also, they measured my neck for a dress shirt I purchased. Several weeks later, the night before the wedding and in a rush, I picked up the suit. The next day before the event I discover that the alterations were never made. It was approx. 3 inches to large. When putting on my shirt the neck was too small to button. Beware of measuring and alterations.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Up to this last order, I will never place another online order with the Men's Wearhouse. I still haven't received all my order almost over a month ago. This is extremely unacceptable and poor communication. They just lost a valuable customer.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

My son purchased a suit for a wedding he was in. The first pair of pants came and were way too tight. The second pair came and he went by himself to pick them up. Two different consultants told him the pants were fine. He said they seem a little long. Again, told they were fine. Day of wedding and we are ironing the suit only to find out the pants are not hemmed at all! We were left scrambling an hour before we had to leave to find someone to hemmed them which included cutting off 4 inches. I think they just didn't want to hem them, LAZY!!! We will never again go to Men's Wearhouse.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Would never rent or purchase from here again. Service is horrible and they substitute items within your tux rental without approval. My order was changed without notice for wedding groomsmen tux. They changed pants and shoes without contacting me and no way to fix before wedding. Horrible customer service and communication. After ruining the specific look bride has chosen they did nothing to fix the situation. I will never shop here again and do not recommend renting tuxedo from here.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Mj was the consultant that helped me out, she knew what she was doing very professional. Definitely going back soon. Overall the employees are very professional, everyone greeted me welcoming once I opened the door.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I bought a suit from this store, and I paid $700. The staff was nice, but you could tell that boys in their twenties didn't know much about the fit. As a result, I had to come back 3 times because they made my pants too tight! I saw their tailor only once. All that time I had to talk with sales reps that don't know much about the fit. In the end, my pants are still tight, so now I have to go and talk with another tailor who possibly will help me because their tailor has done everything that he could. I will never come back to this store again. A perfect fit guarantee is a **.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

The worst customer service and experience. If I could give this store a -5 star rating I would. Last Sunday I went to the Men’s Wearhouse on SmithRidge in Reno because my father had died 2 days prior. I was not aware at this time about a mandatory mask mandate that has once again been forced on the people. This review is not about debating masks…It is about the extreme lack of professionalism, service, rudeness, and zero human empathy of the entire staff.

As soon as I entered (wearing no mask) the store several employees and sales staff saw me. Not a single one would do more than glance at me and then look away. Nobody came up to me and offered assistance. I would think that this type of retail and service would know that the majority of its customers will require help. For several minutes I stood there with no offers of assistance and several idle sales staff just gossiping or messing with their phone. Eventually I approached two employees that were chatting. I asked for some help and one of them told me they will not help me because I am not wearing a mask. I explained that my father just died and I was not aware of this mandate. He then smugly replied “too bad but sorry it’s our policy”.

I asked if they had a paper mask I could use or something in its place. He told me to get my own mask and offered no solution or even a remote interest in helping me in any way. During this time several employees are just staring and did absolutely nothing. I said I guess I’ll just leave then. He said “yep”. The callousness and rudeness shown to me was absolutely ridiculous. This place hires entitled rude little punks with no class or social values. They have zero business working anywhere a customer is involved. I will never go back. I have also informed all of my family, friends, and business associates of my awful experience to ensure they will look at shopping elsewhere always. You’re a waste of retail space.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

The worst quality clothing with overpriced service, with the worst customer service … Just a waste of time and money …. Just returned my purchase … Men's Wearhouse is an insult to the American business.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Went to the store to get fitted for suits that we are purchasing for our son’s wedding on Sunday the 18th. Since 6 of the 10 groomsmen live in another state we were told to send gift cards to them for their suits. On the same night we purchased the e-cards online to have them e-mailed to each of them. Charged these to a credit card and got notified from credit card company that the purchase went thru. Also got notified from Men’s Wearhouse that purchase went thru. Got e-mail on Monday morning saying that Men’s Wearhouse canceled the order because on the order my wife put Drive instead of Dr on our address. After talking to a very rude lady in customer service we had to cancel that order and start all over again.

On Monday evening we put in the same order on a different credit card. Got verification that card went thru then got verification from Men’s Wearhouse that order went thru. Then on Tuesday morning again they canceled the order. The excuse this time was the computer system is sensitive to gift cards. As of today 5 days later still haven’t been refunded any money on either credit card. Talked to the same rude lady today and she said she needed fax number and what department to send a paper to so my money can be refunded. Called credit card companies. They said they haven’t heard of this and they don’t give out phone numbers. I have to wait 10 days to see if Men’s Wearhouse refunds my money if not we are going to file fraud charges.

Men's Wearhouse Company Information