2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (311 ratings)

About Men's Wearhouse

Men's Wearhouse Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Men's Wearhouse?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Men's Wearhouse?

Original review: July 23, 2021

Went to the store to get fitted for suits that we are purchasing for our son’s wedding on Sunday the 18th. Since 6 of the 10 groomsmen live in another state we were told to send gift cards to them for their suits. On the same night we purchased the e-cards online to have them e-mailed to each of them. Charged these to a credit card and got notified from credit card company that the purchase went thru. Also got notified from Men’s Wearhouse that purchase went thru. Got e-mail on Monday morning saying that Men’s Wearhouse canceled the order because on the order my wife put Drive instead of Dr on our address. After talking to a very rude lady in customer service we had to cancel that order and start all over again.

On Monday evening we put in the same order on a different credit card. Got verification that card went thru then got verification from Men’s Wearhouse that order went thru. Then on Tuesday morning again they canceled the order. The excuse this time was the computer system is sensitive to gift cards. As of today 5 days later still haven’t been refunded any money on either credit card. Talked to the same rude lady today and she said she needed fax number and what department to send a paper to so my money can be refunded. Called credit card companies. They said they haven’t heard of this and they don’t give out phone numbers. I have to wait 10 days to see if Men’s Wearhouse refunds my money if not we are going to file fraud charges.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Just like the other reviewers have noted, I placed an online order and it was canceled multiple times. I have a cumulative $1600 floating in the ether on a $600 order. It takes forever for the funds to be restored, and after placing the order again, over the phone which I assured would prevent further issues, and it was canceled again.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2021

This website is a scam. They will just cancel your order when the time comes. No refund yet, charged my card, says order shipped, day it’s supposed to arrive it gets canceled lol. Never ordering from here again. McDonald’s could do a better job than you fools.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Paid for a suit last night. Money was taken out of my account. Woke up this morning to see my order was cancelled but no explanation why. Still haven’t refunded my money for the first order. Has to reorder that same suit trying a different billing address and hope it actually works this time. Just wish they gave an explanation before canceling orders.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I went to Men's Wearhouse because they sell excellent suits. My first suit was sold to me by Lauren and she was a gem! I decided to buy another suit from them because I had signed up for their rewards program and already had some money to redeem. I purchased a suit online to take to the store to have fitted. That was a Saturday morning. 5:37 Sunday morning I received an email saying the sale was cancelled, no reason why. I called and they told me it was because of my bank; ironically the sale had already been cleared by my bank. Ok so I purchased the same suit again to be picked up at another store close by. After not hearing anything I called and the toll free person told me they didn't have the suit. I called the store and they placed me on hold so long I actually drove there and showed the manager that 35 minutes later I was still on hold. No surprise. He was as clueless as a 3 year old. Never again will I put myself through this. Horrible company.

Original review: June 5, 2020

Went in store on March 7, 2020 to be fitted for suit. This was for my son's wedding on June 6, 2020. tried contacting the company multiple times with no success until June 2. The suit was sent to my house late in the afternoon June 4. Tried suit on the shirt is so large that 2 people my size could fit in shirt, the pants are a good 3 to 4 inches short, the jacket sleeves just barely go half way down forearm. Now this is 2 days before wedding. So needless to say I will not be in same suit as the rest of wedding party. They were wise enough to change companies and order suits. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMERS!! PLEASE PEOPLE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

Original review: May 30, 2020

We received the WORST customer service from this place. Honestly, if I could give it zero stars I would. Our wedding was May 30th. We submitted our order weeks in advance. They did not send suit rentals until the week of the wedding! The groom didn’t even get his suit until the THURSDAY BEFORE!!! None of the suits fit right despite being measured.

I understand that due to COVID-19 their stores were closed and they could not have us try on in store. But to wait until the absolute last minute to send the suits out? The groom can’t even exchange for the right fit because there’s no time. How does this even happen?! It’s as if they just picked suits of the same color and hoped for the best. You’d think with their stores being closed they would do more to make sure their service was impeccable. My dad had to get a new suit and his jacket sleeves are sewn so poorly they aren’t even.

Their customer service? A joke. You literally wait on hold for hours to speak to someone. The groom called at 10 when their phone lines opened and didn’t get through until after 12. His request needed to be put in by 12. For as much money as you pay, this place is a ridiculous joke. When talking to a customer service rep, my fiancé asked what he should do if his suit didn’t fit. The rep literally said “well, then you’re screwed.” Who says that?! Worst customer service ever, worst business experience ever. I will NEVER go through Men’s Wearhouse again, and I will never ever recommend this place to anyone. So ridiculous. To say I’m frustrated is a complete understatement.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Stores closed due to COVID. There was absolutely no information or updates on our tuxes for wedding. For weeks we couldn’t get anyone on the phone. Finally their phones are up and running but the wait was over an hour long. Once they answered, no one would give us a straight answer about how to get the tuxes or when they would arrive. Completely unacceptable. I understand businesses are hurting, but you need to honor the events that are still happening. Awful customer service. We will absolutely not be using them again in the future.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Our daughter’s wedding is this Saturday May 30. After calling 3 times and being on hold for 30 minutes each time, every sorry individual we spoke with has told us untruthfully that my husbands tux would get to us in time. The last person we spoke with yesterday stated that it would be shipped today Tuesday, May 26. By 5:00, no email had been received that it was shipped so we called.

Again, after being on hold for 27 minutes we finally were able to speak with a patronizing arrogant woman who frankly treated my husband like a child. He never lost his temper nor raised his voice and as he explained to her he is the father of the bride and the wedding is in 3 days, she had the audacity to tell him to count to ten and relax. Never in all my days, and we are business owners, have I ever had a person make a comment like that. How absolutely unprofessional and rude was this incompetent sorry excuse for a person. This company is not at all concerned for their customers especially the ones who have paid in advance. I suggest anyone and everyone to go to anyone else but this sorry business to obtain tuxes. There are other companies out there and I only wish we had utilized them instead of this joke of a company. Disgraceful!!!!

Original review: April 26, 2020

I Have never shopped at Men’s Wearhouse before. Thought I would give them a try. On March 7, 2020 I purchased a suit for $367 needed to be altered. I left and came back on March 9, 2020 and told them I changed my mind and wanted to return the suit. The salesperson went in the back room and came back with just the pants and said they sent the jacket out to be altered and so he could not do a refund until it comes back on March 24. On March 17 I received an email saying they were temporarily closed but would have limited staff to handle online orders alterations and etc. I called on March 24 to get my refund. nobody answered. I went to the store. There was nobody there. I sent an email and got a response in the next day that said that they would take care of it when they opened on April 7.

I sent several more emails telling them this was not acceptable. They had my suit still they had my money and there was no reason why they could not refund my money electronically because I paid with a credit card. Every time they refused to do anything about it and said that they would do it when they re-opened. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau at which time I found out they have a D-rating with them. Today is April 26, 2020 I still have heard nothing about a refund or a response to my Better Business Bureau complaint. I DO NOT-recommend this company to anybody. Please DO NOT buy or rent anything if you read the reviews. They HAVE very poor customer service.

Men's Wearhouse Company Information