1.49/5
Based on 140 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

142 JoS. A. Bank Clothiers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 28, 2018

I would never use them again. Used them for tux for wedding. Nothing was right. They still don't have shoes for one suit and the wedding is Saturday. I would never recommend them or use them again. What a hassle.

Original review: June 22, 2018

It’s hard for me to imagine a worst experience than the one I had at the JoS A. Bank at Kenilworth, in Baltimore, Maryland, but I’ll let you be the judge. My two sons and I went shopping for suits for his wedding 3 months ago. Trip #1 We walked into Bank’s and were greeted by a very nice salesperson. She showed us some suits and we picked one for the groom and one for the groomsmen. She said she could sell us the 6 suits for $250. We agreed to the sale and told her we would come back with the rest of the groomsmen at a later date. She wrote some information on her business card, including my son’s measurements and we left.

Trip #2 We returned to Bank’s with half the wedding party. The original salesperson was not there, but we were helped by the store manager, Bill. Bill looked for our information in the computer but nothing was entered. We showed him the card and explained she should have entered the data in the computer, but no problem, he would help us. He started with the groom and had some trouble interpreting the information that Sue had written on the card. He found the suit and told me that it was a $500 suit and he could not sell it to us for $250. Ok, we accepted that. He sized us and ordered our suits and told us to come back 3 weeks before the wedding. He said that alterations only take 2 weeks, and that 3 weeks would be plenty of time. We didn’t take his advice and it’s a very good thing. We went back 5 weeks before the wedding. Jumping ahead of the story, the wedding is a week away and we still aren’t finished.

Trip #3 We went back to the store to get measured. The suit they ordered for the groom was 2 sizes too big and they had to reorder it. They took measurements for myself and my son and we left. They somehow lost the alteration tear tag to my son’s suit. It was concerning but they told us not to worry. Trip #4 I went back to pick up my suit and my son’s suit and buy 3 more shirts for the groomsmen. The groom’s shoes were also ready for pick up. After spending what seemed like a very long time finding our suits. They had them and I went to purchase the shirts. I gave the salesperson the sizes. He found the first 2 very quickly, but could find the 3rd one, 15.5 neck, 35 sleeve, slim fit.

After 30 minutes of looking he came back and told me the shirt doesn’t come in that size. This seemed crazy to me for 2 reasons. One because they told us this was their most popular shirt and they would have no problem sizing everyone and two because this doesn’t seem like a crazy size to me. He talked me into buying the same shirt except it had French cuffs, but they still had to order it. The salesperson had some major issues with the computer. He had to ask the other salesperson for help several times. She was also busy and it extended my wait time immensely. One hour and a half later, I left the store. Frustrated but happy we were nearly done. I also had the groom’s shoes.

Trip #5 When I showed the groom his shoes, he told me they were the wrong shoes. The box was right, but the shoes inside were not. The next day, I took them back and of course they didn’t have size 12 and had to reorder them. The store manager from trip #2 was there. He apologized and told me he was going to order the shoes from two different stores to make sure he had them. Trip #6 They called and said the shirt and shoes were in. The groom went to pick them up because his suit was also in and he needed to be measured for alterations. When he got there, he found that the suit was still too big and had to have more alterations done. They told him it would be ready on Monday.

The shoes didn’t seem right either. The shoes in the box were much darker than the shoes he picked out. The salesperson assured him that these were the same shoes and that the artificial light fades the color over time. Really! Please look at the pics below and tell me they are the same shoe. Totally frustrated he took the shoes. We also found out that the shirt we needed does come in that size. Apparently lying to the customer is a typical sales practice at Bank’s at Kenilworth in Towson, Maryland. Now he needs to go back one more time (Trip #8) to pick up his suit. Who knows what horror that will entail? We spent $2500 at Bank’s for the wedding and were lied too, mislead, helped by incompetent, but very nice salespeople. We won’t be back!

JoS. A. Bank Clothiers Store Reviews: What To Know | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 18, 2018

I was on hold for 34 minutes and then the phone disconnected! I have tried to call Joseph A Bank's customer service for two days in a row and nobody will pick up the phone! My American Express was charged for three shirts for a total of $130.46. I paid extra for express shipping and the order has not even shipped out! There’s no tracking information and I’ve received no email confirmation of the order! I am going to American Express to dispute the charge and will never order from this company ever again! This was the worst online ordering experience I have ever had! On top of this horrific experience with Joseph A Banks it was my Dad’s Father’s Day gift and it never showed up!!! This company is the worst!!!

Original review: June 10, 2018

In both the Perrysburg store and the Dayton store, the employees had no idea how to handle customer sales. In both stores, items were purchased for a wedding party and in both stores, items had to be ordered. Both stores sent home PART of the order and when we returned to pick up the rest of the order, only one of the items was given to us and we were told the other item already went home... NOT. They need a better system of tracking where the items are and explaining to the customers that they will also have to pay for alterations in addition to the suit. It was recommended to go to JABanks but I will never return there or recommend them to anyone. If you go in and find what you want and can walk out of the store with it that day, then maybe it would be better.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have been a Joseph A. Banks customer for over 10 years. I recently purchased 6 pairs of pants (on sale from $109.00 to $ 49.00). Everything good right?... WRONG! I logged back in and saw them on sale for $29.99 clearance. I called customer service and waited 45 minutes on the phone waiting for them to answer! Finally a very pleasant lady answers the phone and explains that the other pants are clearance only and are not in my size. I thanked her for her help and courtesy, even asked to speak with her manager to give her kudos for her help and continued forward with my order. Next day I receive a refund for the purchase... yet it was not the full refund! They kept the $66 dollars I was suppose to receive for the pants creasing! Now I call back and again I wait for over 45 minutes for the customer service to pick up!

THESE PEOPLES' CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GOING TO BANKRUPT THE COMPANY! I tell them the order was never to be cancelled! Now my accounts are a messed up with the incorrect refund and not wanting to cancel the order at all! Over 2 hours waited trying to correct this mess! What a waste of my time and money! I am done with these people! Customer lost!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JoS. A. Bank Clothiers?

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have been ordering from JoS. A. Bank for years for my husband. He will only wear their button down shirts & wears the polos during the summer months as they are very comfortable while playing golf. Now I buy for my two son in laws & they too love the clothing line. I have always received my orders in a timely manner, excellent clothing & wonderful customer service. Their sales are awesome! I am very happy repeat customer & I will be for years.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Ordered 8 button down shirts online, returned all of them to a local store due to size. No issues in the store. Reordered the 8 shirts online in a different size, received all shirts within 5 days. Complained to customer service that I was on hold for 30 minutes and she gave me 500 points to my JB rewards which is worth $50. I used the points and got a very nice 1905 collection suit which was on sale already for $99, so it only cost me $49. I've had a great experience with them, not sure why they have so many bad reviews. Guess I was lucky!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I used to buy from JoS. A. Bank stores when living in the US. Now I am Overseas, I have bought four times online. The size, colour is different and varies from the store product. The quality and 'weight' of the cloth is of a lesser standard. After two decades, extremely disappointed as to where this brand is going.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I spent $296 (paid cash) on one transaction for pants, a shirt and a tie and forgot a belt so made a second transaction of $63 (paid cash) for the belt! The very next morning I returned every item and because it was over $50 they told me I had no choice but to wait 7-10 business days for them to send me a check which I thought was wrong since I paid in cash less than 15 hours prior for the items. So I asked for a manager and I was told "I'm as high as you can get at the moment" so I had to suck it up and accept it but I did call corporate and they told me there's nothing they can do, it's at the discretion of each store to choose if they can and want to!!

Ok so I waited and only one of the checks came!! I call corporate again and they tell me the second transaction was never returned and processed so I have to go back to the store and hope they remember me since they have the belt with the other items and all I have is a story!! Now the second was only $63, only $13 above the $50 that would make me have to wait for a check that's at the store's discretion so I expected they'd give me the cash I paid it in since it was their mistake of not checking the items and returning both transactions at the same time like they should've but nope, the same individual that told me he was as high as it got was the same individual the second time that again made me wait another 7-10 business days for another check for his mistake!!!

Called corporate again and they offered me 50% off my next purchase at a store I will never shop at again, thanks but no thanks!! They did offer to process and overnight me my check in 2 days which is the best they could do but I do not recommend anyone ever go to JoS. A. Bank and if you do then find another store and don't shop at the one in Blackstone Valley Shoppes in Millbury, MA... store #0491. Worst returning experience I've ever had to deal with!

Original review: April 3, 2018

I just had a very bad experience at Jos. A. Bank store at Preston and Park, Plano, Texas. I WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO GET THEIR CLOTHINGS FROM THIS STORE, IT IS A WASTE OF TIME AND A TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Do not trust them no matter how they try to fake it. I, with my wife picked a suit and a tuxedo we liked but they did not have my size. The manager, Majeed and the salesman Don convinced us that they can order it for me and do simple alteration on it. This way they could get my order fast as my event is coming soon. It took them forever to put the order online. After a long wait they both assured me it is available and will arrive in a couple of days. I had to pay the full price for the two suits to post the order. Few days later I got a call from the store telling me the order is ready.

When I went to the store the salesman there did not know anything about it, I had to go the next day when Don and Majeed were working. When they saw me they both said they could not get my order! They have only different sizes. When I asked why they could not tell me that or call earlier before I waste my time and do two trips to the store they could not give me an answer! Now I do not have enough time to look in other stores as my event time is coming soon and they knew that. I am extremely disappointed about this carelessness and very poor customer service I experienced.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

On 2 occasions I ordered an overcoat as a gift. Both times the online order system took my order. Both times in checking my account I found that the items were not shipped. Both times I called customer service and waited over 30 minutes each time for someone to pick up. Tried an online chat one other time and no one picked up the chat in over 45 minutes. For each order after waiting days for the shipment to be made I find out that they are out of stock. Sad thing is I had to call to find this out. Not sure what has happened to this company but their system and service has completely gone down. I would not recommended this company for online orders to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I could copy the exact information from several others. I had called 3 days in a row and trying to get someone on the phone or chat is ridiculous. The wait time is over a half an hour. It's not like you don't spend top dollar with this company and I agree with others. I think the quality of the products has decreased over the years. I will keep it short. My order still haven't arrived and it came in bits in pieces when it did. I will never order online with them again! Also if I have to take anything back it will done at the store (for a credit or total refund).

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I wish I would have read the review 1st. This is the worst online experience I've ever had. I purchased 2 sweaters that said were in stock. It's been over a week and still haven't received tracking information so I tried calling and no one ever picks up. I've been on hold for 20 and 30+ minutes each time. So I tried emailing them, 2 days and still nothing. They should just shut down and stop wasting everyone's time.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Ordered 5 items online during the post-holiday sale of 2017. Received four, was told by internet tracking numbers that I received five. Emailed JoS. A. Bank and heard nothing back after a couple days. So, rather than complaining, I decided to call. I was initially skeptical about calling, due to the underwhelming ratings on Consumer Affairs for this clothier, but it turned out I made a great choice. Spoke to a gentleman named Baunte, who walked me through name and address verification, order number, and let me explain myself.

I didn't have to repeat myself, and he understood what had happened quickly. Although he offered an explanation that there was probably a warehouse human mistake (which I understood, since I've worked in a warehouse at a tech retailer), he also apologized and empathized with my frustration at being told I'd gotten something I hadn't yet. So he went ahead and processed a new order at no charge, described the time frame in which to expect delivery, and furnished a reference number for the phone call. He even spelled out his name for me. Great guy, 5-star experience... I work in the service industry and was delighted to meet someone helpful and professional.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I wish that I could give this company less than 1 star!! This is a horrible company for customer service - in fact, maybe the worst customer experience of any retailer!!! I really think that this is a company that is grasping for time, but should be taken out to the pasture and "shot". This company is a thing of the past and should probably close its doors in 2018. I have been a customer for many, many years and have seen both the quality of the product go down as well as customer service. The company's website is horrible, maybe the worst of any retailer. Good luck trying to purchase anything on the website. You select an item, seconds later go to purchase the item and the site says it is no longer available.

You try to remove the item, but it won't remove the item and won't let you purchase anything else in your cart until that item is removed; so essentially you are unable to make a purchase!! Very frustrating! Then you try to call customer service and are on hold forever and nobody picks up the phone. Nobody connects via chat, nobody responds to email -- NOTHING! They "pride" themselves on customer experience, but their customer experience is the worst in the industry. If they are trying to be the worst, well then, give them 1st place!!! It is a horrible company to do business with and I am now DONE! Their merchandise is crap, their website is crap and their customer service is CRAP! Think twice about ever doing business with this company and hopefully in 2019, JoS. A. Banks will be a distant memory of a retailer!!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Went two times thru the online order process of numerous items. All showed as available, per their online computer. First time, BOTH orders canceled as one item was out of stock. Called back and replaced the order for what the sales rep said was IN STOCK. Again both orders canceled because one item was out of stock. Rather than ship what they have, and credit you for out of stock, they cancel the WHOLE order leaving you with NOTHING you ordered. Their system seems to be screwed up as to inventory and processing orders. Will not order multiple items again in one order, too risky. Will lose ALL items on a cancel. Beware.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I entered the store in the Suncrest Plaza in Morgantown, West Virginia with no idea what to expect. It was the first time I had shopped for a suit, from the start the staff helped me right away asking what I needed the suit for and away they went picking jackets. I felt sort of like I was taking up this gentleman’s time because we couldn’t find a good fit because I have wide shoulders and a narrow waist, but he patiently helped me find the right jacket. From this point I thought that was the end of the assistance I would receive, but he helped me pick out 4 different shirts and 3 or 4 ties that all matched the tailored jacket and the sport coat that I decided on. Eventually the gentleman even helped me choose my shoes as I have no idea what is in style. The level of assistance I received surprised me very much. I will definitely be returning to this store in the future as they made the experience very quick and painless as well as assisting me with the whole process.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I was accosted by one of your salespersons at the Lynnfield Massachusetts storefront. I asked the salesperson to take my measurements. I then asked if he could assist me in trying on several different styles/fits of shirt. He told me he would only allow me to try on a couple, and that he did not want me trying anything on unless I was going to buy it. I then asked again if he would help me. He basically said he would only help me if I was going to buy something. I did intend to purchase some new clothes that day but I was very turned off by him so I said I would help myself.

After trying on a few shirts he approached me and asked how I was doing. He suddenly said he was going to have to ask me to leave. He said I had made it clear I was not planning on purchasing anything. I was so taken aback, I started shaking. It was a very humiliating experience. I have no idea what got into this man. I wish I didnt actually need to buy new clothes that day because then I could have just left.

Original review: April 14, 2017

Terrible fitting suits. I need a 46 jacket and a half 37 waist. I was told that combination was unavailable. I was told the pants were too big that went with a 46. I was sold 3 size 43 suits and one 42. I went with because I thought after tailoring they would be okay. They mind terribly. I told this to the sales person and he told me, "Well you don't move that much in a suit anyway." I went back to the store to explain this. I was told the same story again. What a waste of time money and effort. I won't be back.

Original review: April 4, 2017

The Jos A Bank location in Princeton Marketfair, NJ is a location you want to STAY AWAY FROM. Morale is low, employees openly complain in front of customers. Most importantly, they charged my debit card AFTER I left the store unauthorized and LIED to me about it. My bank clearly saw the charge was made from Jos A Bank to my card 10 minutes after my original purchase. So apparently, watch out because they have the ability to charge you after you leave the store, and will not rectify the situation. DO NOT GO TO THIS STORE. SHOP ELSEWHERE.

Original review: March 20, 2017

In this message I will outline why I will NEVER shop at JoS. A. Bank ever again. During the Presidents day sale I bought 2 suits online. However they weren't the right size so I decided to exchange them if the store had something in my price range. I told the gentleman that was working that I had a budget of $270 so if it's more than that don't bother showing me because it will waste both his and my time (I wear a size 50-52 so the suit sale was priced at $229). After looking at different suits he finally found me one in blue which is the color I was looking for. I asked him to confirm the price before the tailor marked up the suit. He confirmed that the suit was a part of the sale for $229 plus tax.

After trying on the suit and having the tailor take a look the associate went to ring me up. He then told me that the suit was upwards of $350 and asked if that was an issue. I stood there in disbelief as if this guy was just not paying attention to a word I said over the last 30+ minutes. I said "yes, I've already told you my budget." So before processing my return for the items I bought online I asked him to put everything on a gift card so I could buy a suit online (this was the last day of their sale. Everything was going back up to regular price the next day). He said no problem. As he's processing the return he looks at me and tells me that he put the two suits I purchase back onto my credit card then asks if that'll be ok. I said no because I would like to use the gift card to purchase a suit online but he informs me that it's too late to change. At this point I'm convinced that this man did not pay attention to a single word that I said while in the store.

This should have been a sign to shop somewhere else seeing as how the customer service was non-existent, but I made the mistake of using my credit card to buy 2 additional suits online later that night (once again, I needed the suits and this was the last day they were on sale). When I went in to get fitted I was shocked to find out that my alterations would be nearly $500 for 3 suits. After marking them up I was told that I should have just bought custom suits for that price. A little too late but it was nice to know that I made a bad purchase. I had to wait 2 weeks for the suit pants to be re-cut so I then had to come in again to have the bottoms hemmed. This time I was passed around by 3 associates like I had the plague and they were trying to avoid me. Finally a nice younger ** gentleman (He was tall, 20-ish & skinny. I wish I could remember his name because he was the best thing this store had to offer) helped me.

When I came back to pick up the suits the same younger gentleman was there and greeted me with a smile. He asked me if I wanted to try on the suits & then asked me if there was anything else he could assist me with. Great kid, fantastic service. I felt a little better about my experience after dealing with this associate, however this didn't last long. I noticed that although I'm enrolled in the "Bank Account" rewards system & spent right around $1,000 total between suits & alterations, I didn't receive any credit from my purchases. At this point I'm reminding myself that "you get what you pay for" and will never trust JoS. A. Bank again.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I have no doubt they are violating their customer privacy policy and sharing their customer information. Why am I so sure? This is the only store where because of some confusion they have an account with my father's first name and my husband's last name and I never bothered to correct because I thought it was funny... All of a sudden that is the name I start receiving non affiliate catalogs. Upset to received unsolicited mail and that they violate customer's trust.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Went to the JoS. A. Banks for a tux for my best man and me in Stony Brook and Older gentlemen Paul helped us. He was great. Took his time measuring asking questions and really gave us a good experience. We bought a tux each from soup to nuts and within five days got a call they were ready. I had to go to the one in Merrick for my nephew. What a nightmare. Joshua was the worst salesman, didn't ask anything, didn't want to know anything. He would put a jacket on him 2 sizes too small and only changed it upon my request.

We had to call after a week just to see if pants came in because they didn't have in stock and they arrived probably 2 days ago without a phone call. Got them fitted and after a week had to call again to see if they were altered and again no phone call from him even though they already arrived. He gives the store a bad name and should be dismissed. Told me when I asked even though they were there he didn't have to call me till after a week. Don't go to that one unless you can help yourself and especially do go to Joshua.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

As a rule I generally shop in the retail location, but recently I decided to purchase a few suits off of the JoS.A. Bank's website during their clearance sale. All 4 suits were for my 19 year old son. When the suits arrived we noticed that 3 of the 4 suits had issues. A solid Navy Blue suit looked great coming out of the box but when viewed in the light there were visible iron marks on the jacket lapels, one sleeve cuff had alterations, and the pants had hem marks where they had been previously taken up. Suit 2 had sleeve cuffs that were slanted upperward which was unexplainable and just plain weird. As for suit 3 the one sleeve was shorter than the other. I had never seen anything like it before on new clothing. Three of the 4 suits had been altered.

Joseph A. Bank seems to selling their 2nd hand previously altered suits as new clearance on their website. In the past Joseph A. Bank had sent a previously altered suit which I returned to the store and was told by their customer service that it was just a fluke and they don't normally sell previously altered suits as new. They apologized for the mishap but after this second incident I realize the practice of Joseph A Bank selling second-hand suits online is more their rule not just an exception. I attempted to post this review on the Jos A. Bank website and their moderators rejected it based on the content. For the record, Joseph A. Bank what you are doing is not acceptable. No one expecting to buy new clothes online wants to receive previously used clothes. In the future do the public a favor and donate your second hand previously altered clothing to the goodwill.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I placed an order on December 20th. And today is January 9th I still haven't receive my order so I checked my email and found a message from JoS. A. Bank that been sent on December 31st saying that my order has been canceled without any explanation. So I purchased it on December 20th and 11 days later they found out that they don't have an item. And after 20 days my money still hasn't been refunded. No wonder why they have such a "GREAT" rating online.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

I placed an order for an overcoat with JoS A Bank on the 27th of December 2016. They sent me an email that clearly stated that they would not charge my credit card until the order shipped and that they would provide me with tracking information at that time. I checked my bank account on the 27th and they took the $101.10 out from my account the same day. This was lie number one. Then I waited until the 2nd of January 2017 expecting that I would receive tracking information but none ever came. I contacted their customer service number and they had a recording that stated they would call me back as they were experiencing very heavy call loads which I have no problem believing as they do not tell the truth to customers when they place orders with them so naturally their lines will be full of angry people wanting some answers.

After a half hour I was called back and gave my order information asking where my package was and the tracking information. They advised me that they had no tracking information and that my order was in transition. I asked what transition means and they said "your order is in transition." Which of course means nothing to me as I have no idea what transition means just that the order had been placed 6 days ago and that they had done nothing with it so I told them to cancel the order and refund my money. They refused to cancel the order flat out saying that once the order is in (transition), whatever the hell that is that they can not cancel the order. I asked to talk to a supervisor and was told that the supervisor was going to tell me the exact same thing but I said to transfer me to a supervisor and was put on hold for over an hour.

Naturally I have better things to do than be put on an endless hold loop hoping I will hang up which everyone will eventually. I emailed their customer service and advised them I was stopping the payment and would not be doing any business ever again with Jos A Bank. I contacted my bank and put a stop on the transaction. So folks the moral of the story is this: When dealing with Jos A Bank expect to be lied to and given the runaround. You still have recourse with your financial institution and can stop payment if they refuse to cancel your order like any reputable company will do if asked.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I ordered a coat for my son from Jos. A Banks for Christmas. My son just started a new job in MO and he told me he needed a coat. It was getting very cold (we are from Texas). We were celebrating Christmas early so I paid for rush delivery. When the coat did not arrive I spent 55 minutes chatting with their customer service representative. She told me the coat was sent overnight but FedEx by mistake sent it ground.

While we were chatting I was on the phone with FedEx who assured me that Jos. A Banks shipped the coat ground. I asked FedEx if they could reroute the package to my son's address as it was going to arrive after he left. They responded no but Jos. A Banks could. Shari assured me the package would be rerouted to my son's address.

Two days later I received a package update from FedEx then package was scheduled to be delivered to my address. I chatted again to a customer service rep for over 55 min who stated she was sorry for the delay the package would be delivered the 14th. I asked where and did not receive an answer. I cut and pasted the part of the chat where Shari assured me the pkg would be rerouted. I was then asked to be patient while she reviewed the account. I thought that is what she had been doing over the last 20 minutes while I was waiting. She stated she contacted FedEx and the package had been rerouted.

Another lie, FedEx system is automated and the package traveled for 2 more days in the wrong direction. I expressed my concerns about my son needing a proper coat before the polar vortex hit and she did not reply. They very easily could have rerouted the coat back to the weather use and allowed my son to pick one up in one of their stores. Or paid FedEx to reroute the package overnight since I had paid for that service. It was obvious they had no intentions of correcting their mistake if it cost them an extra dime. During the chat I had to ask twice for the corporate office events address and phone number and I asked twice for her manager's phone number and she ignored both requests.

Between my son and myself we have spent thousands of dollars in that store. We purchased over 5 traveler suits, numerous wrinkle free shirts, golf pants, and sweaters. I believe correcting their mistake was the least they could have done. I cannot begin to express how disappointing it was to be treated so poorly by the customer service representatives. Online shoppers beware!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I placed on online order that I never received. After my email order confirmation I never heard from them. There was no tracking after 2 weeks, so I tried to call them for status. When I called I was on hold forever, so I finally left my number for them to call me back. 6 hours later they called back and I missed the call (YES 6 HOURS LATER). I called the next day and again was on hold for 20 minutes, so I hung up and decided to send an email to their customer service dept. That email was never responded to.

After another week I was forced to call again. After another 30 minutes on hold, I left my number again. I made sure I kept my phone attached to me so I didn't miss the call. This time they called me back about 2 hours later. I asked for the status on my order, and was told that my order was canceled because it was not in stock. Yes, canceled. I asked why I was never notified and the response was: "I don't know they usually notify people." I told this person that they didn't, and they didn't even answer my online customer service email inquiry. This person didn't seem to care one way or another.

This was my first and last experience with JoS. A. Bank. They obviously do not care about their customers. It doesn't matter when you call. You will never get through, and they just cancel orders without informing you. I will take my business to anybody else. I'm so disgusted with whole experience that I went out of my way to post this and warn other consumers

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

What more can I say. I bought a suit at JoS. A. Bank in Pittsburgh several years ago, and was very satisfied. I did not have them tailor it at the time. Just last week I purchased 2 suits - on sale, and had them tailor the suits. They DO NOT have a tailor measure you, instead having the inexperienced, ill-trained sales person mark the suit. When I tried it on, I noted that I was very dissatisfied, and was met with dead silence. I simply walked out, and called to speak with the manager - and was turned back to my sales person. What a joke. Then, when I compared the fabric to the suit I bought several years ago, I immediately noticed the difference in quality. They act like they know what they are doing. THEY DO NOT. Stay away. Go to a department store or somewhere more expensive if you can afford it, but STAY AWAY from Joseph Banks in downtown Pittsburgh.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

On 11/26/16 I purchased items on the internet. I became concerned about one of the items & called customer service. I was on hold for over an hour then tried live chat but was not able to get through. I tried again on 11/27/16 & after over an hour a recorded female voice said my call couldn't be taken at this time & to call back later. On 11/28/16 I received an email showing more discounts on the items I had purchased so I called again & was on hold for 1 hour and 40 minutes when a customer service rep (Nate) answered. I explained to him about my not being able to get through to customer service & my displeasure in the price drop on the items I had purchased. Nate agreed to refund the difference to me & gave me a reference number.

Yesterday I received an email from customer service agent, Aleta, apologizing for my not being able to get through via phone & then went on to say that I could return my items to a store for a refund. Nice customer service! NOT! Today I received an email from customer services agent, Kiya, apologizing for my not being able to get through via phone (same EXACT paragraph in both emails) but Kiya said she wouldn't be able to "modify" my order as the Cyber Monday sale was only for Cyber Monday sales. It never said that on the email. But once again nice customer service! NOT! I now understand why they're having to close so many stores & why there are so many negative reviews. I will NEVER purchase any item EVER again from this store or any of the stores associated with this company. I also love to talk & will tell EVERYONE I know about this awful experience. I hope they go bankrupt.

JoS. A. Bank Clothiers Company Information