3.45/5

168 JoS. A. Bank Clothiers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Saratoga Springs, NY is a very busy and popular place to be at all times of the year especially on Broadway where all the shops are. An employee of JoS. A. Bank was obviously having a bad day and took it out on an elderly man that was sitting on a bench in front of the store. He spit in his face and used some very unnecessary language with this gentleman. Not sure of what had happened prior to what was witnessed and what was captured on video, this employee did not hold his part in representing this company to full standards. In the video it shows the employee tearing off his jacket as if he was going to fight the gentleman on the side walk & spit in his face yelling at him with obscenities. I will not recommend this store to anyone visiting our city. What a disgrace!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Unwelcoming and discriminatory. I visited the store to purchase a suit, and got a very unfriendly welcome. I am ** and was wearing shorts and a t-shirt (common it's a very hot summer), and right away I felt like I didn't belong by the attitude of the sales lady.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2019

About eight weeks ago, I visited the Joseph Banks store in Asheville North Carolina at their store in Biltmore Village. I have been a loyal Joseph A Banks customer for nearly thirty years, so I felt very comfortable visiting this store in such a historic setting - hoping for a similar experience with the Banks store located in Chevy Chase Maryland. Unfortunately for me, this store seems to have forgotten about providing great customer service. It started when I selected two pairs of beautiful pants. The only requirement was to hem the bottoms and order my size. Did not seem to be a very tall order, but I had a meeting out of town coming up, so it I was certain that they could meet my timeline. They told me that they would order the pants and call me when they arrived. About two weeks later, I noticed that no one had called me, so I called them.

They informed me that the pants were in, and I drove to the store (about a fifteen minute drive) only to find out that only a single pair of pants had come in, and they would follow up and let me know when the second pair arrived so that I could have them altered as well. They measured me for the first pair, and told me that they would be ready in about a week and that they would call me when ready. About one week later, I called (still no call from Banks), and they told me that it might be a few more days. A few days later, I called (still no call from Banks), and they told me that the other pants were in. When I arrived, I tried on the pants - way too short and I asked them to lengthen them by 1/2".

After a quick re-do, they told me that they did not have to measure for the other pants because they would simply alter them to the first pair measurements, and that they would call me when ready. Still no call from Banks. It has now been eight weeks since my first visit, and I went back to the store to try on the second pair of pants. Much to my dismay, they were much too short again! My wife thought that this was a joke. My patience was wearing thin, so I asked them simply to refund my money, that I would keep just the first pair. The manager told me that since they had already altered the pants, that he would not be able to give me a refund. Give me a break - how hard is it to hem pants. They had already inconvenienced me and should have simply allowed me to go.

I mentioned to the manager that perhaps there was a problem with the tailor, that perhaps she simply was incompetent. He looked at me like I was from another planet, and told me his shop was not incompetent. It seems that measuring and altering two pairs of pants four times is routine and not incompetence. I disagree. I've now escalated my issue with the regional manager. I'm curious to see how he can explain that visiting a store four times is great customer service and that I'm out of line. It is really a shame. I love the traveler line of shirts and everything that I have purchased through the years have worn well and were at a fair price. I'm hoping that this regional manager (William **) can resolve my issue. Four trips to pick up two pairs of pants is three trips too many. I wonder if the new owners (Men's Warehouse) has something to do with my disappointing experience.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I had $3,000 to spend on a wardrobe upgrade. A cash gift from my three children for my 50th birthday. My youngest daughter accompanied me and we asked for help in selecting clothing. The salesman was curt, rude, and his disposition made us leave the store in disgust. We went a couple of miles down the road to Men’s Warehouse and left with a carload of fine suits, shirts, and pants. My daughter wanted to return to Jos Bank and shove the Men’s Warehouse receipt in the dispiriting salesman face. I choose not to meet him at his immature level and went to Mrs. Storys for some chili dogs instead.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I bought a few items from the RYE NY location on Purchase St. I left the store and when I got home I realized that the shirts were the wrong size. I called the store a few minutes before they closed and told them that I can be there in a couple of minutes for exchange. I mentioned that I had a very important meeting in the morning and was traveling and could not get there at 10am the next morning due to my schedule. The salesperson said he could not help me because they were closing in a couple of minutes. I asked to speak to the Manager. When Luis the manager came to the phone he also said he could not help and to return the following day.

I told him that I will come back the next day only to return the items I purchased due to their lack of empathy towards a customer's needs. His reply was repulsive. He said "Ya see now sir... THAT'S A THREAT! You ARE THREATENING ME." I cannot believe his response to me. Rye seems to be a very nice neighborhood. These two guys working in there are not the type of people I would expect to work at your store. Rude after the sale PERIOD. And visible tattoos on the hands are unwelcoming. What are your on boarding procedures at JoS. A. Bank? Oh wait. You have none. I will never do business at any location. The customer is the most valuable asset and you failed miserably to help my situation that could have been very easily taken care of with a more sophisticated salesperson.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JoS. A. Bank Clothiers?

Original review: May 8, 2019

Never ever ever ever use JoS. A. Bank for your wedding!!!! I went through JoS. A. Bank to rent tuxedos for my wedding. We had 4 tuxedos total - all 4 were measured at different stores and sent to 1 location for pick up. First we were misquoted the price of the tuxes and when my groomsmen went to go get theirs fitted and paid they were being asked to pay 50$ more than what I was told. This is what prompted me to call the JoS. A. Bank that we set everything up with to complain about this problem - good thing we made that phone call because I found out that day that my groom's tux that was fitted months prior was "incomplete" because we hadn't made payment. I was told at the time of fitting we could pay that at pick up and it would be sent to the store - now I am being told that's not the case. You need to leave at least a deposit.

If I hadn't called that day my groom wouldn't have had a tux!!! So I paid for it - verified all of the information to make sure everything was correct and all tuxes would go where they were supposed to - they made up the difference in the misquoted price and I thought everything was good and done. The time comes to pick up the tuxes - I have traveled out of state at this point as well as all of my groomsmen so we don't have much wiggle room for error, but you would think a reputable tux company would be able to get things right. My groom's shoes were the wrong size. A groomsmen's shirt was fitted completely wrong - weird part is the entire thing was fitted right except the sleeves were like half the length - you could just look at the shirt and tell something wasn't right. My dad's pants were way too long and they got my dad the wrong bow tie.

When I called about the bow tie they said they would get a new bow tie in "a day or two" - well I don't have two days and was originally told if there were any problems we could get them resolved by next day. So she talks to some people and calls me back and says, "Okay it will be in tomorrow." So I go pick up replacement shoes for my groom and to get the bow tie for my dad. Now I'm being told the bow tie is not in and they can't tell me when it will be (wedding is tomorrow at this point). So they get a bunch of bow ties that might work - they pull out the vest color that supposedly my dad ordered and I pick a bow tie that should work. Yea turns out they were having me compare it to the wrong vest color also so no- the bow tie did not work and we just had to deal with it.

This is a freaking wedding people. It is not that difficult to get this information correct the first time. These were a bunch of little mistakes that never should have happened. I will make sure everyone I know never ever ever uses JoS. A. Bank for an important event. I am so livid and will work on figuring out who up the chain I need to complain to because this was completely unacceptable and added a huge amount of stress to an already stressful week.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I probably have 40 Joseph Bank shirts but I absolutely hate getting tons of emails and there’s always that one that says 50% off of everything but there is a no big and tall! False advertising. Be better to your customers than this! Z

Original review: April 23, 2019

I had high expectations for JoS. A. Bank when we decided to use them for our wedding on 04/13/2019 for groomsmen tux rentals. Everything seemed to be fine until TWO days before the wedding. As everyone knows, weddings are incredibly stressful and the last thing a bride and groom want to hear is that all tux orders are wrong (wrong color shirts, wrong sizes, etc). My husband and his groomsmen had to call corporate several times to get the issue resolved. I will say, the corporate hotline was helpful in resolving the issue but the fact is, we shouldn’t have had to deal with this major stress right before our wedding.

At one point, a sales rep told a groomsmen he was going to be “out of luck” regarding getting his correct order. Out of luck? For a wedding? What kind of answer is that? Needless to say we were all panicking and running around trying to fix all the mistakes (one groomsmen had to purchase, instead of rent, his tux because they ordered the rental 3 sizes too big and couldn’t tailor the rental). In conclusion, please don’t use them for your wedding unless you are fully prepared to be scrambling and stressed the days before. With all that being said, the quality seemed fine once they actually corrected every order.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Why can't such a large company keeps its web orders better organized? The shirt size ordered is almost NEVER the shirt in the online photo. So they send the wrong shirt... One time they sent THREE of the wrong shirts. Why? The photo size differed from what is ordered. Why oh why does this keep happening? The store is not close to my home so getting there is a pain in the keister and thus the debacle of their online shopping. Damn! OK. I'm not asking for a lot: Size. Color.

The website seems a mess to me but.. Now what? Is this something they can orchestrate? If I go back out on the mean streets of their website the same damn thing will happen again. So never mind. No more. I'll just take a day off and drive to any other brick and mortar and shop for shirts. It's old-school but something their website can't mess up. Like anyone, I want what I ordered. Sounds simple. Love the shirts; hate the brutal online process.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I bought a suit from JoS. A. Bank website, the suit arrived on time, the jacket was the one I choose, but the pants size was double or triple my size. According to JoS. A. Bank customer service that kind of suits are like that, that doesn't make any sense, size 43R, the jacket fits perfect, but the pants size 44? No sense at all.

JoS. A. Bank Clothiers Company Information