1.50/5
Based on 147 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

149 JoS. A. Bank Clothiers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I went in and the salesman seemed to be very accommodating. He sized me up and I was told I would have to come back in a couple of days, okay that was fine. I'm a female and the suit was for me. I go back on Wednesday. Had to deal with someone new. This guy was very rude and condescending. He started out with letting me know this was a man's suit as if I was unaware of that fact. I was furious because he kept reiterating it's a man's suit. I've been fitted several times for suites and tuxedos. I was insulted with the indifference I experienced. So moving forward I was fitted and got the suit. They were supposed to press the suit. I opened up the bag and took the suit out and instantly was upset because it had not been pressed. I had to do it myself. I wouldn't send my enemy to this store. Location is Plainville Ct.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

SEP-06-2018: Ordered Reserve Collection Split Neck Sweater, Item #61WKXLR06, JBANK Order #**, Size: XL. SEP-11-2018. Item received via FEDEX. Opened but didn’t try on item for several days, but when tried found item was sized very small, more like a Large than an XL. Put item aside for return. SEP-18-2018; Requested return & exchange of size: XL sweater for size: XXL. That request was clearly marked and printed on the return packing list per instructions received from JBANK customer service rep 'Denzel' in the Houston call center. Shipped the return via FEDEX ground using JBANK return merchandize slip printed from JBANK website.

SEP-28-2018: FEDEX tracking showed JBANK received the returned item. Heard nothing from JBANK except a request from "Jos A Bank Notifications” to write a review about the sweater I purchased “while it's still fresh on your mind." Found that odd since JBANK knew of the return on SEP-18, 10 days earlier. Apparently JBANK doesn’t keep its customer order system updated very well.

OCT-7-2018: JBANK never acknowledged receipt of the returned item nor contacted me about the requested exchange until I contacted JBANK customer service on OCT-7 via their online customer service form — 9 DAYS AFTER they had received the returned item. At that time customer service rep ‘Natalie’ acknowledged the following via email, “Re: Your Jos. A. Bank Inquiry - Reference #**, sent from menswearhouse@tmw.com via cid2607017gu.g-bn5dmac.na77.bnc.salesforce.com.” Message read:

“Your package was delivered on 9/28/2018, there is a processing time for up to 10 business days to complete a return or exchange.” Great – but JBANK had already had the returned item for 9 days and had still not contacted me or made any acknowledgment of the fact, nor had they notified me that my exchange request was being processed. In that OCT-7 email JBANKS employee ‘Natalie’ also wrote: “I completely understand your concern [over lack of communication from JBANK returns dept] and will assure our order team is aware. In this case, I have submitted a replacement order for 61WK in an XXL. If this correct, please advise, so that I may submit your request.”

I responded immediately confirming the size XXL for the exchange. 'Natalie' also assured me I would receive the new item in size XXL by October 12, 2018.

OCT-7-2018: 'Natalie' issued an exchange request to presumably expedite the exchange of the XL for an XXL sweater. Received an order receipt from JBANK but didn't look at it closely. Was just glad something was finally being done a month into the return. OCT-8-2018: Received email from ‘Natalie’ JBANK customer service, stating:

“I am sorry the replacement order was processed for an XXL; however, the processor entered the incorrect size. Another request has been submitted. Please allow an additional 48 hours for processing and 2 business days to arrive.” Received no notification nor a similar order receipt from JBANK that this had actually been done, nor did I receive a tracking number from which to verify it had or to confirm shipment of the correctly sized item. OCT-10 came and went with no notification, and it is now OCT-14 and still nothing. It appears JBANK never sent issued the correction to the order and never actually sent the correctly sized item.

OCT-9-2018: Received another receipt from JBANK showing a credit to our card in the amount of $39.99. JBANK apparently deducted some 'return fee' from the purchase price, even though it wasn’t a “return,” but rather an exchange for a different size. OCT-10-2018: Package arrived from JBANK delivered by FEDEX OCT-10 in a totally mangled package that looked like it had been shredded by some piece of machinery. Exterior plastic packaging was cut and ripped open in multiple places, and had been “bandaged” back together with clear packing tape. But not completely: You could see the item inside through the cuts and rips in the gray JBANK bag it was shipped in. It literally looked like something you'd find in a dumpster, not shipped from a “men’s clothier” to a customer.

OCT-10; 4:30PM: Contacted JBANK / Natalie again to complain about the condition of the received package. It was so badly mangled was honestly afraid to open it. Sent photos of package as received to ‘Natalie’ and noted in email that when we had returned the original item for exchange we had shipped it in a box to make sure they received it back in good condition, and asked why JBANK couldn’t show the same courtesy and forethought.

OCT-11-2018: 'Natalie' replied via email, quote: “I completely understand your frustration with the packaging of your item. However, it could be that FedEx damaged your bag during the shipment. We appreciate you providing this image so that we may review with the appropriate team to avoid future occurrences. If any items are damaged due to shipping, we are happy to replace or refund. It is our only desire to provide you with excellent service and products. When this does not happen it is our job to make the matter right with our customers.”

OCT-13-2018: Did not hear anything from JBANK or ‘Natalie’ in the following 2 DAYS since notifying them of the problem with the order. Contacted JBANK / ‘Natalie’ – who had been responsive up to this time – again, and asked what JBANK was going to do to resolve the matter. Also inquired how to once again return the wrong-sized item sent, and warned that if the matter is not resolved that it would be taken up with the Better Business Bureau and other consumer and, if necessary, via social media sites to alert other potential customers of the poor customer service, ineptitude, and lack of follow-through.

Also reviewed all prior correspondence on this matter and belated read ‘Natalie’s’ email dated OCT-8 (see above), wherein she advised that JBANK had noticed the mistake and had already issued a correction to send the correctly sized item, and that it would take “48 hours and two more days for delivery” of the correctly sized XXL item.

OCT-14-2018: The correctly sized item noted in ‘Natalie’s’ OCT-8 email was never received. Nor was any receipt sent as in the case of the other items & corrections ordered. Nor was there shipping notice or tracking number issued or sent. So what can a customer of JBANK honestly assume? That no such correction or reissue of an order for the correct size was ever done despite JBANK claims to the contrary, and that no correctly sized item was actually shipped.

Furthermore, now on OCT-14, fully 7 DAYS after the alleged correction and shipping of the correct item, there’s still no shipping notice or tracking number. Additionally, have received no further communication from ‘Natalie’ or JBANK beyond an offer for a gift certificate. So apparently JBANK has written this off as unimportant and are now giving us the “talk to the hand” treatment. Over the years have purchased 100s & 100s of dollars worth of items from JBANK and its parent company, Men’s Wearhouse. But will never – ever – buy anything from either of them again.

In going back over emails discovered receipts for credits to our credit card, which we verified on our credit card statement, so for some reason, rather than correct their numerous errors and restore a disappointed customer’s faith in the brand, JBANK apparently decided to issue a refund and write us off rather than repair the damage to a customer relationship. We’ll go with that. So much for ‘Natalie’s’ empty words quoted earlier: “IT IS OUR DESIRE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH EXCELLENT SERVICE AND PRODUCTS.” [Case closed.]

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

1320 Main Kansas City MO - So I chose JoS. A. Bank for my wedding. Wrong move! The tuxedo rental was not ready as promised plus my wedding was out of state. COMPLETE DISASTER! All because an employee was lack in doing their JOB!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

This order for two custom suits was placed July 14th. The first associate was evidently unable to understand and process the order. These suits would be worn in a conservative religious setting... the associate reassured us that it would be what was requested. August 17th… The suits arrived and were fitted, they were very tight fitting... quite "Metro". Additionally, the jacket length was about a half inch too short, sleeves about three quarters of an inch too short, the elbows were about an inch too high too, somehow, the order was doubled.

Sept 27th The remade suit jackets were fitted, still too short and too tight; the pants were not reordered and remain too tight...the pockets are pulling open with no contents or belt. There is no room to sit, even with pulling them up. On a personal note, this is very uncomfortable. The original fitting specialist has been transferred and the new one is struggling to try to make this work. They are trying to sell be the second set of pants from the duplicate order at a discount...which are also too tight.

The expression “too tight” means nothing can be put in the pockets of the pants and there is not enough room to put a vest under the jacket...it has to be pulled to get a button closed. There is no room for a shirt that is not “fitted”. A pen in the pocket shows through. The repeated plea that these are too tight have only met with "they fit good"...so do Speedos. Personally, many years have passed waiting to get new suits. The option to order custom was selected because “off the shelf” does not fit. To spend so much money and be so disappointed is beyond expression, really.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I ordered a pant online that came incorrectly. I spoke with customer service, and while very nice, I did not receive a new pair. I called back and was assured they would correct the order and I quickly received a new - incorrect pair of pants. Talked again with C/S and then a supervisor. Bottom line. "We cannot handle this online, go to a store." So much for on-line shopping. I will drive to a store 25 miles away to see if they can place the order for what I need. Hope so. Either way, I’m done with JoS. A. Bank Clothiers. I would never put my employees in a position where they are unable to satisfy their customer. I would not invest in such a company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JoS. A. Bank Clothiers?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I came to JoS. A. Bank to get a suit for myself and my groomsmen for my wedding. I had an excellent experience and Ann was extremely helpful. She sized me, helped me pick out a tie, and made sure my order and pricing was perfect before I left. I highly recommend Ann and this store.

Original review: July 23, 2018

We recently got suits for our groomsmen from JoS. A. Bank in Kenilworth. It was one of the worse experiences with a clothing company I've had. The whole process from start to finish was terrible. Starting with terrible customer service at the Arundel Mills store and getting unwanted advice about from 2 men about being a good wife. Next I visited the Bel Air store. Here the gentlemen helping was extremely condescending because we were not tuxedo experts and took about 3 hours to get my brother and my husband fitted and too add the rest of our party added. Third I finally decided to go to the store in Kenilworth as it was bigger and hopefully have better service. It was here we finally got everything in the system. Even the employees at the Kenilworth location where complaining about how the previous Bel Air location added the groomsmen in the system.

After about 3-4 hours they fixed it and added everyone in the system. It was on this visit that we decided to change from the grey Joseph Abboud to a more classic black tuxedo and we changed the vest color. They changed everything in the system as well, or so we thought. As our groomsmen went to stores to get fitted we told them to make sure their vest, tie and pocket square colors were right. Of course they were not. I called the store and had them go through all of the groomsmen to make sure the colors were corrected again.

Months later everyone starts to go pick up their suits ranging from 1 week before the wedding to two days before the wedding. My husband came in and his suit was correct. It looked great, the only issue was his pocket square color was wrong. Total we had 10 people get fitted for tuxedos minus my husband because his was fine. Everyone else had jackets that were too big, 1 person had one half of a vest. Somehow the vest did not have a back! WTF? So taking pictures without a jack is not an option? How is that 10 people have incorrect jacket sizes??? I'm baffled. That's not even the worst part. My father received his tux 2 days before the actual wedding. His pants were several sizes too big!!! I was with him when he got fitted.

I called while he was at the store and they ensured me that they would fix it and they would be ready the day before the wedding. But wait that's the day we have rehearsal!! Rehearsal is at 3:00PM in Virginia. The pants were said to be ready at 11:00am. At this point I'm livid I mean I was livid the whole process, but now it's the day before my wedding and on top of dealing with everyone wearing tuxedo jackets that are too big my father at this point doesn't have a wearable tux. Now they ensured me they would be ready at 11:00am. So 11:00am rolls around. The waist size is correct but somehow they've become HIGH WATERS.

Are you kidding me? Am I being pranked?

So I call and they say that was seamstress can indeed fix it, but she's not in until 1:00 or 2:00PM. Rehearsal is AT 3:00PM! So at this point my father who is supposed to be walking me down the aisle and at rehearsal is still getting his pants fitted by a professional men's fashion company that specializes in this stuff. You had 1 job. JoS. A. Bank single-handedly made what was supposed to be a fun experience and made is a terrible experience. Out of all 11 of the people in the wedding including my husband none of us will ever go back to Jos. A. Bank for anything ever again.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I would never use them again. Used them for tux for wedding. Nothing was right. They still don't have shoes for one suit and the wedding is Saturday. I would never recommend them or use them again. What a hassle.

Resolution response: June 24, 2018

Banks called me and offered to replaced the shoes for free. They also credited my account $100 and promised to make sure the groom's suit would be ready on Monday. If the shoes and suit arrive on time as advertised, I will be satisfied with the outcome of this issue.

Original review: June 22, 2018

It’s hard for me to imagine a worst experience than the one I had at the JoS A. Bank at Kenilworth, in Baltimore, Maryland, but I’ll let you be the judge. My two sons and I went shopping for suits for his wedding 3 months ago. Trip #1 We walked into Bank’s and were greeted by a very nice salesperson. She showed us some suits and we picked one for the groom and one for the groomsmen. She said she could sell us the 6 suits for $250. We agreed to the sale and told her we would come back with the rest of the groomsmen at a later date. She wrote some information on her business card, including my son’s measurements and we left.

Trip #2 We returned to Bank’s with half the wedding party. The original salesperson was not there, but we were helped by the store manager, Bill. Bill looked for our information in the computer but nothing was entered. We showed him the card and explained she should have entered the data in the computer, but no problem, he would help us. He started with the groom and had some trouble interpreting the information that Sue had written on the card. He found the suit and told me that it was a $500 suit and he could not sell it to us for $250. Ok, we accepted that. He sized us and ordered our suits and told us to come back 3 weeks before the wedding. He said that alterations only take 2 weeks, and that 3 weeks would be plenty of time. We didn’t take his advice and it’s a very good thing. We went back 5 weeks before the wedding. Jumping ahead of the story, the wedding is a week away and we still aren’t finished.

Trip #3 We went back to the store to get measured. The suit they ordered for the groom was 2 sizes too big and they had to reorder it. They took measurements for myself and my son and we left. They somehow lost the alteration tear tag to my son’s suit. It was concerning but they told us not to worry. Trip #4 I went back to pick up my suit and my son’s suit and buy 3 more shirts for the groomsmen. The groom’s shoes were also ready for pick up. After spending what seemed like a very long time finding our suits. They had them and I went to purchase the shirts. I gave the salesperson the sizes. He found the first 2 very quickly, but could find the 3rd one, 15.5 neck, 35 sleeve, slim fit.

After 30 minutes of looking he came back and told me the shirt doesn’t come in that size. This seemed crazy to me for 2 reasons. One because they told us this was their most popular shirt and they would have no problem sizing everyone and two because this doesn’t seem like a crazy size to me. He talked me into buying the same shirt except it had French cuffs, but they still had to order it. The salesperson had some major issues with the computer. He had to ask the other salesperson for help several times. She was also busy and it extended my wait time immensely. One hour and a half later, I left the store. Frustrated but happy we were nearly done. I also had the groom’s shoes.

Trip #5 When I showed the groom his shoes, he told me they were the wrong shoes. The box was right, but the shoes inside were not. The next day, I took them back and of course they didn’t have size 12 and had to reorder them. The store manager from trip #2 was there. He apologized and told me he was going to order the shoes from two different stores to make sure he had them. Trip #6 They called and said the shirt and shoes were in. The groom went to pick them up because his suit was also in and he needed to be measured for alterations. When he got there, he found that the suit was still too big and had to have more alterations done. They told him it would be ready on Monday.

The shoes didn’t seem right either. The shoes in the box were much darker than the shoes he picked out. The salesperson assured him that these were the same shoes and that the artificial light fades the color over time. Really! Please look at the pics below and tell me they are the same shoe. Totally frustrated he took the shoes. We also found out that the shirt we needed does come in that size. Apparently lying to the customer is a typical sales practice at Bank’s at Kenilworth in Towson, Maryland. Now he needs to go back one more time (Trip #8) to pick up his suit. Who knows what horror that will entail? We spent $2500 at Bank’s for the wedding and were lied too, mislead, helped by incompetent, but very nice salespeople. We won’t be back!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was on hold for 34 minutes and then the phone disconnected! I have tried to call Joseph A Bank's customer service for two days in a row and nobody will pick up the phone! My American Express was charged for three shirts for a total of $130.46. I paid extra for express shipping and the order has not even shipped out! There’s no tracking information and I’ve received no email confirmation of the order! I am going to American Express to dispute the charge and will never order from this company ever again! This was the worst online ordering experience I have ever had! On top of this horrific experience with Joseph A Banks it was my Dad’s Father’s Day gift and it never showed up!!! This company is the worst!!!

Original review: June 10, 2018

In both the Perrysburg store and the Dayton store, the employees had no idea how to handle customer sales. In both stores, items were purchased for a wedding party and in both stores, items had to be ordered. Both stores sent home PART of the order and when we returned to pick up the rest of the order, only one of the items was given to us and we were told the other item already went home... NOT. They need a better system of tracking where the items are and explaining to the customers that they will also have to pay for alterations in addition to the suit. It was recommended to go to JABanks but I will never return there or recommend them to anyone. If you go in and find what you want and can walk out of the store with it that day, then maybe it would be better.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have been a Joseph A. Banks customer for over 10 years. I recently purchased 6 pairs of pants (on sale from $109.00 to $ 49.00). Everything good right?... WRONG! I logged back in and saw them on sale for $29.99 clearance. I called customer service and waited 45 minutes on the phone waiting for them to answer! Finally a very pleasant lady answers the phone and explains that the other pants are clearance only and are not in my size. I thanked her for her help and courtesy, even asked to speak with her manager to give her kudos for her help and continued forward with my order. Next day I receive a refund for the purchase... yet it was not the full refund! They kept the $66 dollars I was suppose to receive for the pants creasing! Now I call back and again I wait for over 45 minutes for the customer service to pick up!

THESE PEOPLES' CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GOING TO BANKRUPT THE COMPANY! I tell them the order was never to be cancelled! Now my accounts are a messed up with the incorrect refund and not wanting to cancel the order at all! Over 2 hours waited trying to correct this mess! What a waste of my time and money! I am done with these people! Customer lost!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have been ordering from JoS. A. Bank for years for my husband. He will only wear their button down shirts & wears the polos during the summer months as they are very comfortable while playing golf. Now I buy for my two son in laws & they too love the clothing line. I have always received my orders in a timely manner, excellent clothing & wonderful customer service. Their sales are awesome! I am very happy repeat customer & I will be for years.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Ordered 8 button down shirts online, returned all of them to a local store due to size. No issues in the store. Reordered the 8 shirts online in a different size, received all shirts within 5 days. Complained to customer service that I was on hold for 30 minutes and she gave me 500 points to my JB rewards which is worth $50. I used the points and got a very nice 1905 collection suit which was on sale already for $99, so it only cost me $49. I've had a great experience with them, not sure why they have so many bad reviews. Guess I was lucky!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I used to buy from JoS. A. Bank stores when living in the US. Now I am Overseas, I have bought four times online. The size, colour is different and varies from the store product. The quality and 'weight' of the cloth is of a lesser standard. After two decades, extremely disappointed as to where this brand is going.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I spent $296 (paid cash) on one transaction for pants, a shirt and a tie and forgot a belt so made a second transaction of $63 (paid cash) for the belt! The very next morning I returned every item and because it was over $50 they told me I had no choice but to wait 7-10 business days for them to send me a check which I thought was wrong since I paid in cash less than 15 hours prior for the items. So I asked for a manager and I was told "I'm as high as you can get at the moment" so I had to suck it up and accept it but I did call corporate and they told me there's nothing they can do, it's at the discretion of each store to choose if they can and want to!!

Ok so I waited and only one of the checks came!! I call corporate again and they tell me the second transaction was never returned and processed so I have to go back to the store and hope they remember me since they have the belt with the other items and all I have is a story!! Now the second was only $63, only $13 above the $50 that would make me have to wait for a check that's at the store's discretion so I expected they'd give me the cash I paid it in since it was their mistake of not checking the items and returning both transactions at the same time like they should've but nope, the same individual that told me he was as high as it got was the same individual the second time that again made me wait another 7-10 business days for another check for his mistake!!!

Called corporate again and they offered me 50% off my next purchase at a store I will never shop at again, thanks but no thanks!! They did offer to process and overnight me my check in 2 days which is the best they could do but I do not recommend anyone ever go to JoS. A. Bank and if you do then find another store and don't shop at the one in Blackstone Valley Shoppes in Millbury, MA... store #0491. Worst returning experience I've ever had to deal with!

Original review: April 3, 2018

I just had a very bad experience at Jos. A. Bank store at Preston and Park, Plano, Texas. I WOULD NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO GET THEIR CLOTHINGS FROM THIS STORE, IT IS A WASTE OF TIME AND A TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Do not trust them no matter how they try to fake it. I, with my wife picked a suit and a tuxedo we liked but they did not have my size. The manager, Majeed and the salesman Don convinced us that they can order it for me and do simple alteration on it. This way they could get my order fast as my event is coming soon. It took them forever to put the order online. After a long wait they both assured me it is available and will arrive in a couple of days. I had to pay the full price for the two suits to post the order. Few days later I got a call from the store telling me the order is ready.

When I went to the store the salesman there did not know anything about it, I had to go the next day when Don and Majeed were working. When they saw me they both said they could not get my order! They have only different sizes. When I asked why they could not tell me that or call earlier before I waste my time and do two trips to the store they could not give me an answer! Now I do not have enough time to look in other stores as my event time is coming soon and they knew that. I am extremely disappointed about this carelessness and very poor customer service I experienced.

Resolution response: Jan. 17, 2018

After making a comment about my issues on the company site I received an email from their customer service team. They were very sorry for what had happened and gave me a very generous amount of points in their rewards program that I can use as cash for future purposes. I believe that they understand that they may have some issues and are trying to fix them and keep their customers.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

On 2 occasions I ordered an overcoat as a gift. Both times the online order system took my order. Both times in checking my account I found that the items were not shipped. Both times I called customer service and waited over 30 minutes each time for someone to pick up. Tried an online chat one other time and no one picked up the chat in over 45 minutes. For each order after waiting days for the shipment to be made I find out that they are out of stock. Sad thing is I had to call to find this out. Not sure what has happened to this company but their system and service has completely gone down. I would not recommended this company for online orders to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I could copy the exact information from several others. I had called 3 days in a row and trying to get someone on the phone or chat is ridiculous. The wait time is over a half an hour. It's not like you don't spend top dollar with this company and I agree with others. I think the quality of the products has decreased over the years. I will keep it short. My order still haven't arrived and it came in bits in pieces when it did. I will never order online with them again! Also if I have to take anything back it will done at the store (for a credit or total refund).

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I wish I would have read the review 1st. This is the worst online experience I've ever had. I purchased 2 sweaters that said were in stock. It's been over a week and still haven't received tracking information so I tried calling and no one ever picks up. I've been on hold for 20 and 30+ minutes each time. So I tried emailing them, 2 days and still nothing. They should just shut down and stop wasting everyone's time.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Ordered 5 items online during the post-holiday sale of 2017. Received four, was told by internet tracking numbers that I received five. Emailed JoS. A. Bank and heard nothing back after a couple days. So, rather than complaining, I decided to call. I was initially skeptical about calling, due to the underwhelming ratings on Consumer Affairs for this clothier, but it turned out I made a great choice. Spoke to a gentleman named Baunte, who walked me through name and address verification, order number, and let me explain myself.

I didn't have to repeat myself, and he understood what had happened quickly. Although he offered an explanation that there was probably a warehouse human mistake (which I understood, since I've worked in a warehouse at a tech retailer), he also apologized and empathized with my frustration at being told I'd gotten something I hadn't yet. So he went ahead and processed a new order at no charge, described the time frame in which to expect delivery, and furnished a reference number for the phone call. He even spelled out his name for me. Great guy, 5-star experience... I work in the service industry and was delighted to meet someone helpful and professional.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I wish that I could give this company less than 1 star!! This is a horrible company for customer service - in fact, maybe the worst customer experience of any retailer!!! I really think that this is a company that is grasping for time, but should be taken out to the pasture and "shot". This company is a thing of the past and should probably close its doors in 2018. I have been a customer for many, many years and have seen both the quality of the product go down as well as customer service. The company's website is horrible, maybe the worst of any retailer. Good luck trying to purchase anything on the website. You select an item, seconds later go to purchase the item and the site says it is no longer available.

You try to remove the item, but it won't remove the item and won't let you purchase anything else in your cart until that item is removed; so essentially you are unable to make a purchase!! Very frustrating! Then you try to call customer service and are on hold forever and nobody picks up the phone. Nobody connects via chat, nobody responds to email -- NOTHING! They "pride" themselves on customer experience, but their customer experience is the worst in the industry. If they are trying to be the worst, well then, give them 1st place!!! It is a horrible company to do business with and I am now DONE! Their merchandise is crap, their website is crap and their customer service is CRAP! Think twice about ever doing business with this company and hopefully in 2019, JoS. A. Banks will be a distant memory of a retailer!!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Went two times thru the online order process of numerous items. All showed as available, per their online computer. First time, BOTH orders canceled as one item was out of stock. Called back and replaced the order for what the sales rep said was IN STOCK. Again both orders canceled because one item was out of stock. Rather than ship what they have, and credit you for out of stock, they cancel the WHOLE order leaving you with NOTHING you ordered. Their system seems to be screwed up as to inventory and processing orders. Will not order multiple items again in one order, too risky. Will lose ALL items on a cancel. Beware.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I entered the store in the Suncrest Plaza in Morgantown, West Virginia with no idea what to expect. It was the first time I had shopped for a suit, from the start the staff helped me right away asking what I needed the suit for and away they went picking jackets. I felt sort of like I was taking up this gentleman’s time because we couldn’t find a good fit because I have wide shoulders and a narrow waist, but he patiently helped me find the right jacket. From this point I thought that was the end of the assistance I would receive, but he helped me pick out 4 different shirts and 3 or 4 ties that all matched the tailored jacket and the sport coat that I decided on. Eventually the gentleman even helped me choose my shoes as I have no idea what is in style. The level of assistance I received surprised me very much. I will definitely be returning to this store in the future as they made the experience very quick and painless as well as assisting me with the whole process.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I was accosted by one of your salespersons at the Lynnfield Massachusetts storefront. I asked the salesperson to take my measurements. I then asked if he could assist me in trying on several different styles/fits of shirt. He told me he would only allow me to try on a couple, and that he did not want me trying anything on unless I was going to buy it. I then asked again if he would help me. He basically said he would only help me if I was going to buy something. I did intend to purchase some new clothes that day but I was very turned off by him so I said I would help myself.

After trying on a few shirts he approached me and asked how I was doing. He suddenly said he was going to have to ask me to leave. He said I had made it clear I was not planning on purchasing anything. I was so taken aback, I started shaking. It was a very humiliating experience. I have no idea what got into this man. I wish I didnt actually need to buy new clothes that day because then I could have just left.

Original review: April 14, 2017

Terrible fitting suits. I need a 46 jacket and a half 37 waist. I was told that combination was unavailable. I was told the pants were too big that went with a 46. I was sold 3 size 43 suits and one 42. I went with because I thought after tailoring they would be okay. They mind terribly. I told this to the sales person and he told me, "Well you don't move that much in a suit anyway." I went back to the store to explain this. I was told the same story again. What a waste of time money and effort. I won't be back.

Original review: April 4, 2017

The Jos A Bank location in Princeton Marketfair, NJ is a location you want to STAY AWAY FROM. Morale is low, employees openly complain in front of customers. Most importantly, they charged my debit card AFTER I left the store unauthorized and LIED to me about it. My bank clearly saw the charge was made from Jos A Bank to my card 10 minutes after my original purchase. So apparently, watch out because they have the ability to charge you after you leave the store, and will not rectify the situation. DO NOT GO TO THIS STORE. SHOP ELSEWHERE.

Original review: March 20, 2017

In this message I will outline why I will NEVER shop at JoS. A. Bank ever again. During the Presidents day sale I bought 2 suits online. However they weren't the right size so I decided to exchange them if the store had something in my price range. I told the gentleman that was working that I had a budget of $270 so if it's more than that don't bother showing me because it will waste both his and my time (I wear a size 50-52 so the suit sale was priced at $229). After looking at different suits he finally found me one in blue which is the color I was looking for. I asked him to confirm the price before the tailor marked up the suit. He confirmed that the suit was a part of the sale for $229 plus tax.

After trying on the suit and having the tailor take a look the associate went to ring me up. He then told me that the suit was upwards of $350 and asked if that was an issue. I stood there in disbelief as if this guy was just not paying attention to a word I said over the last 30+ minutes. I said "yes, I've already told you my budget." So before processing my return for the items I bought online I asked him to put everything on a gift card so I could buy a suit online (this was the last day of their sale. Everything was going back up to regular price the next day). He said no problem. As he's processing the return he looks at me and tells me that he put the two suits I purchase back onto my credit card then asks if that'll be ok. I said no because I would like to use the gift card to purchase a suit online but he informs me that it's too late to change. At this point I'm convinced that this man did not pay attention to a single word that I said while in the store.

This should have been a sign to shop somewhere else seeing as how the customer service was non-existent, but I made the mistake of using my credit card to buy 2 additional suits online later that night (once again, I needed the suits and this was the last day they were on sale). When I went in to get fitted I was shocked to find out that my alterations would be nearly $500 for 3 suits. After marking them up I was told that I should have just bought custom suits for that price. A little too late but it was nice to know that I made a bad purchase. I had to wait 2 weeks for the suit pants to be re-cut so I then had to come in again to have the bottoms hemmed. This time I was passed around by 3 associates like I had the plague and they were trying to avoid me. Finally a nice younger ** gentleman (He was tall, 20-ish & skinny. I wish I could remember his name because he was the best thing this store had to offer) helped me.

When I came back to pick up the suits the same younger gentleman was there and greeted me with a smile. He asked me if I wanted to try on the suits & then asked me if there was anything else he could assist me with. Great kid, fantastic service. I felt a little better about my experience after dealing with this associate, however this didn't last long. I noticed that although I'm enrolled in the "Bank Account" rewards system & spent right around $1,000 total between suits & alterations, I didn't receive any credit from my purchases. At this point I'm reminding myself that "you get what you pay for" and will never trust JoS. A. Bank again.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I have no doubt they are violating their customer privacy policy and sharing their customer information. Why am I so sure? This is the only store where because of some confusion they have an account with my father's first name and my husband's last name and I never bothered to correct because I thought it was funny... All of a sudden that is the name I start receiving non affiliate catalogs. Upset to received unsolicited mail and that they violate customer's trust.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Went to the JoS. A. Banks for a tux for my best man and me in Stony Brook and Older gentlemen Paul helped us. He was great. Took his time measuring asking questions and really gave us a good experience. We bought a tux each from soup to nuts and within five days got a call they were ready. I had to go to the one in Merrick for my nephew. What a nightmare. Joshua was the worst salesman, didn't ask anything, didn't want to know anything. He would put a jacket on him 2 sizes too small and only changed it upon my request.

We had to call after a week just to see if pants came in because they didn't have in stock and they arrived probably 2 days ago without a phone call. Got them fitted and after a week had to call again to see if they were altered and again no phone call from him even though they already arrived. He gives the store a bad name and should be dismissed. Told me when I asked even though they were there he didn't have to call me till after a week. Don't go to that one unless you can help yourself and especially do go to Joshua.

JoS. A. Bank Clothiers Company Information