JoS. A. Bank Clothiers

JoS. A. Bank Clothiers Reviews

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JoS. A. Bank Clothiers?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JoS. A. Bank Clothiers?

Reviewed May 25, 2024

This company has gone WAAAY downhill since I started with them 40 years ago. Customer service horrible, in-store selection suck, little imagination, sizes off. Been hung up on 5 times, no reply with chat. Stay away.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 16, 2024

I purchased 2 suits online on a Tuesday which were scheduled to arrive on Friday. They sent the confirmation and I thought everything was fine. On Wednesday they sent me an email saying the order was canceled so I called them because I did not cancel the order. They then told me that the billing information didn't match so they canceled it. I asked them the obvious question, why didn't that come up at checkout? This could've been easily handled and corrected. But instead they sabotaged my weekend. There was no way to get an order in to get my suits on time for a wedding. Never doing business with them again.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

I bought several pairs of leather dress shoes and the condition for each pair was absolutely horrible. They were all worn out. The shipping was very slow as well. The refund took a long time, but the return process was fairly easy. I'm not going to use this merchant ever again though.

Reviewed Sept. 12, 2023

I ordered a pair of trousers and accidentally picked the wrong color. I waited on the phone for 20 solid minutes and gave up. Then I tried chatting and waited just as long. I then wrote my problem in the message box and said "Please fix my issue. I don't have time to sit here and wait for more time that I've already waited." I also typed that if they didn't fix the issue I would have my bank reverse the charges. Not one hour later, they shipped the package! This kind of "Customer Support" apparently uses this kind of tactic to FORCE the sale. I will never shop with them again. Obviously, they are no longer a reputable company.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2022

I purchased 4 suits from Jos A. Bank. Trying to return them has been an ABSOLUTE nightmare. They've held my money and dealing with online support has been an absolute beating. I have made 3 separate calls. ALL three calls have been one hour long "on hold" calls and no resolution. ABSOLUTELY regret purchasing from this retailer.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

I went to Jos A Bank in Park Side Drive, Knoxville, TN, for my daughter's Prom dress to be altered. The lady who did the alteration is very friendly and helpful. The prom dress is ready on time and looked great on my daughter. We are very happy! Thanks!

Reviewed Sept. 21, 2021

I just received an email today saying my order is canceled Order Number:**. Are you guys a joke? I bought like 20 items. And boom your order canceled after 1 week placed. I will never buy from this company ever again.

PriceStaff

Reviewed May 19, 2021

Great service, outstanding prices and courteous staff. I sent my two twin nephews in for their Graduation and they and their mom were very pleased with the choices even their grumpy dad (my brother) was impressed.

Price

Reviewed March 23, 2021

When I 14 I had my first chance to have Mr Bank fit me in his store in Baltimore. This was a big thing in 1959. It was a sign, my brothers had been doing this for the last several years, I was passing to manhood. We would pick out material and he would take me upstairs where he would measure me then pull out his wooden patterns, trace them out, make my suit and ship it to me in Northern Va. This impressed me so much, that I still bought from him the next 50 years.

Then in 2002 I went to a Jos Bank in Lafayette La and got the worst fitting suit I have ever seen, I told them the alterations were horrible and they said as much as ** you. So I did not buy from Jos Banks for ten years, but I saw an sale ad where I could buy sale merchandise for less than $ 20.00 dollars each, so I ordered 3 shirts and two pair of shorts. Order was confirmed on internet, but then got message order canceled. Was this a come on to get you to buy higher price stuff or what. I promise the Mr Bank I grew up to know would never have allowed this to happen to one of his valued customers. John **

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2021

Not sure what is going on with these guys, but it’s frustrating. I probably spent 30 minutes shopping for the right clothing. I submitted my order and got a confirmation saying it was good to go. About 36 hours later I got an email saying the order was cancelled. No explanation, no offer for a % discount for my next purchase, nothing. Pretty frustrating for a company I used to love. Anyone know of a good replacement company with quality wrinkle-free dress shirts? I’d sure love to replace these guys in my life!

JoS. A. Bank Clothiers Company Information