Office Depot

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered a small fridge. When I asked them if they could bring it in they said they were not allowed to. OKAY. I understand, so I asked them if I can use their dolly for 10 seconds to bring it in. The delivery guy said NO, I told him I can't leave it out and I was a girl alone who could not carry it. He left. RUDE, RUDE, RUDE and inconsiderate! Thank God I did not raise boys like that.

I ordered a set of (5) 48" x 40" x 36" pallet boxes on 4/28/17. The delivery terms were 3 to 5 business days (or slightly longer if ordering furniture). The item I was purchasing was definitely not furniture. On the 4th business day I called Office Depot to inquire about my order. A representative told me on the phone that I would be receiving my order that day. My order did not arrive that day. The following day (5th business day) called and went through the automated attendant which told me my order was delivered that day on 5/4/17 which it definitely was not. I spoke to another representative and she stated that she could see that the order was not delivered but she couldn't provide any information as to when it would be delivered but she was going to have the carrier contact me and provide me the information as to when the order would be delivered. No one called or emailed me after that phone call.

On 5/8/17 I called to speak to a representative to find out information regarding the delivery of my order. A representative tells me the same thing that they don't know when my order is going to arrive but she was going to "submit a request" to the resolution department to look into the order. I then asked if I could speak to the resolution department myself to expedite the process as I feel that I've already been more than patient. The representative denied my request. At that point, I figured it was best to cancel my order and purchase the same item from Uline, where I may have to pay a little more, but the item is guaranteed to be delivered the following day. I lost many valuable days waiting for this order and now there's nothing to show for it. Complete waste of Time!!!

Worst experience ever with this company (Office Depot). We bought a small Fridge online, by 02/02/2017, were told will get it March 2nd. Didn't happen. Give them one more week. Still didn't happen... then we asked for a refund since the merchandise wasn't received. They told us tomorrow it will happen, tomorrow will happen, the next day it will happen... and now April 14th and still didn't happen. This was the first time to deal with this company and definitely the last. I will do my best to drive business away from this company.

Avoid doing business at Office Depot like the plague! I dropped off 11 pages to get faxed and was told it would take 15 minutes! Yeah! 15 minutes to fax 11 pages. When they were done (25 minutes later) the bill was over $23.00! To justify the high price I was told that since the number used was outside the prefix number for that store it is considered a long distance phone call by them. The store is in Greeley with a prefix of 970, they faxed to Denver with a prefix of 303 but this is not a long distance charged call. The phone company simply uses different prefixes due to the high number of users, but all calls are still considered and charged as local calls. Services were rendered and I paid the bill but I personally nor will my company ever spend a nickel in the store chain again. They stung me once but never again.

Made an in store order for office furniture and in home assembly on Saturday. I paid with my Bank Debit Card. 30 minutes later when I got home I realized all the furnishings would not fit, so I cancelled 1/2 the order. When I checked my bank they had not removed the charges from the cancelled portion of the order. I called the store who told me to call corporate, when I finally reached someone in corporate they told me to talk to the store - who sent me back to corporate. Finally someone in corporate says they will give me a call in 48 business hours to let me know when they intend to refund over $900.00 that was charged to my Debit Card.

I was promised the order on Tuesday which did not happen, so I called the store and the manager asked if I would like to give my Debit Card again so that she could just create a new order (which I did not give her), miraculously she found a way to get the furniture delivered to me on Saturday without charging my card again. Now on the Monday morning there was a knock on the door with someone trying to deliver a duplicate order, I turned him away. I am yet to receive my refund of over $900.00 and this is 7 business days later. Office depot corporate office speaks to me in a tone that they have all the time in the world to refund a debit card purchase. I'm not sure how they stay in business with their attitudes, but one thing I know for sure - this long time customer won't be doing business with Office Depot in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

Office Depot should be avoided at all costs! Our most recent experience has been another exercise in total futility. We wanted a small, inexpensive desk quickly so did an online search and the website said the desk we wanted was in stock at the local store. Off we go, only to find out that their inventory was wrong so it would require delivery. One week later, still no delivery! No excuse, no information, no nothing. One excuse we were provided was that "Your address isn't in GPS." Since our subdivision is new, of course it isn't. But the driver never attempted to call and ask directions, anything... just decided not to deliver.

Only action we got was when we rated our satisfaction a ZERO -- then the store manager called. We explained the situation. Guess the store and delivery service don't communicate because the store manager said he was as clueless as we were about the delivery!! Are you kidding me... this day in age no way to contact the delivery people directly? That is insane!! One week and counting on the missing desk.

Two years ago had similar issues with them. (You would have thought we learned our lesson.) Ordered an office chair for delivery. NEVER showed up on my doorstep. After numerous calls the driver insisted it was on my porch and I should just bring it in. Apparently they delivered it to the wrong address -- not just the wrong address, the wrong CITY! I was told in order to get a refund I had to prove it was not delivered. Are you kidding me!!! I begged to have a picture of them showing it sitting on my front porch but that never happened. I even checked every house in my subdivision and it wasn't there.

Office Depot and their delivery service have to be the most incompetent organizations in business today. There is NO excuse that they do not have any knowledge of delivery locations, status, etc. In regards to our latest issue (missing desk) the local store manager only got involved when we provided a low rating and to quote him, "Your low rating effects everyone at the store and their bonuses." How about doing great customer service simply because it's the right thing to do???

Consumer Increased Rating!

On February 17, 2017 I ordered a six pound packet of wintergreen paraffin wax. Instead I received a one pound packet of unscented wax. I called customer service and they credited my account and placed another order. A few days later the same thing happened. I received a one pound packed of unscented wax. I contacted them again but this time they said they needed to contact the manufacturer and would get back with me. They never did. I called again and spoke with a supervisor who swore she would handle this but she never did. I emailed them with no response. I took the wax to an Office Depot store only to be told that I could not return it there because it was not in their system. I tried calling the corporate headquarters but they don't answer the phone. A voicemail says leave a message. This has been extremely frustrating and to date, I have not received a refund for an item that was never delivered.

Most horrendous delivery service I have dealt with. Office Depot should discontinue the service since they evidently cannot provide it efficiently. Run around and lies and still no delivery of filing cabinet... Completely disappointed and disgusted. DO NOT order anything online from them.

My wife and I went into the Office depot store on Halsey in Portland on 2 Feb to buy labels for a project. I had seen the ones we wanted on their website. Of course they didn't have them in the store but we could order them for delivery. We had to find them on the store computer ourselves as the agent couldn't. OK we ordered them with some ink for the next day. Of course again they did not come until the 6th. And they sent the wrong labels. We called and finally got thru to someone who helped us find a similar label. Promised for next day. It is now the 10th and we still don't have.

Tried to get help online chat and they are sorry but cannot access order info. Have to phone store. Phoned store, same response even though I have my account # and an order number for some candy I bought at the same time in store. Phoned 800 number, tried to give me the same runaround but I insisted and they found it. Told me that they could not deliver on Wednesday the 8th (remember the "next day" promise) because of weather conditions. I am in Portland. What weather conditions. On top of everything, only the candy purchase went thru to my so-called Rewards program. No wonder I never get any points! This crappy service is getting worse, and unfortunately not just at Office Depot. T-Mobile same thing. Centurylink same thing. On and on. Consumers in Europe do not tolerate this type of service. Why do dumb-** Americans?

My order showed as ready for store pickup in Irvine CA as ordered. The problem was the order was shipped to Florida not California. This was the first and last order I will ever place. I was also told it was damaged in Florida and sent back to the manufacturer. No one took the time to contact us. Instead of correcting the issue I was told I had to wait 7-10 days for a refund and to make it worse I had to restart the order as a new order and have lost 2 weeks time. Not only did they lose and damage the order on top of it, I had to tell them there was a problem and now I must wait 2 weeks for a refund. Get out of the online business, you are totally failing to grasp the concept of service. I would have given zero stars if I could.

I ordered a product from Office Depot 12-12-16 and 1 hour later I called the Customer Service number to cancel the order. I received a cancellation number at that time. Money was removed from my PayPal account on 12-12-16 and I have yet to receive a refund of my money 01-04-17. Needless to say I will NEVER buy from Office Depot again.

This may seem trivial to some people, but I am incredibly frustrated with Office Depot right now. Last year I bought some PaperPro staplers through Office Depot and all of them were $25/each and are quite possibly the biggest pieces of junk I have ever wasted money on. I have tried on 5 separate occasions to leave a negative review for these staplers and each time my review is rejected. I have wasted valuable time composing high quality reviews (per their suggestions), breaking down specifically what has failed and what I do and do not like, even including pictures of the malfunctioning products, only to have them almost immediately reject the review after submission. I have followed their review guidelines to a T to make sure that I did not violate any of their guidelines ensuring my review would be published online to warn other customers about this poorly made product.

The only reason that I can come up with as to why this is happening, is because Office Depot is being compensated in one way or another for keeping negative reviews on certain products to a minimum so as to not allow the products rating to fall below a certain level. I am a big review reader, I base most all of my purchase decisions mainly on the products online reviews. I feel it is deceptive and dishonest to filter reviews in this manner. I will not spend any more of my money at Office Depot. As a matter of fact, I made an order shortly before I tried one last time to post a review. It was rejected within a matter of minutes. I promptly cancelled my order and went to Staples. Even though I had an Office Depot coupon applied to my order, I ordered the same items from Staples and saved over $50 (and I had no Staples coupon!).

Office Depot has lost my business for good. After they merged with OfficeMax things have gone downhill. The website is always having some sort of issues, my rewards points are sometimes applied and sometimes not... Sometimes it shows I have reward points to redeem but then I am unable to redeem them. Also, a few weeks ago I had a back ordered item ship and when it arrived the envelope was empty and it took me talking to 3 separate customer service reps to them to re-ship my missing item. I am usually a very patient person, but for some reason them repeatedly rejecting my reviews for absolutely no reason is really irritating me and that was sort of the straw that broke the camel's back.

We was in need of a new computer desk and found what we liked at the Puducah, KY store. Not having a truck we chose to order online. That was 11/19/16. Experience went well with a delivery date of 12/02/16. Total price for desk and hutch was $703. Delivery date comes, no delivery. That being a Friday, I called CS Monday morning, and was told delivery service had a invalid phone number and would have to reschedule for 12/13/16.

Delivery date comes, no delivery. Instead delivery service called me to inform me that items came in damaged and would have to reorder. Called CS again, this time rescheduled for 12/20/16 and refunded me the shipping charges plus extra $30.00. Up to this point CS had been well. Delivery date comes, no delivery. Waited till 12/22/16 and called CS again, and canceled order. Was told refund would be issued for $588.00 minus money already refunded.

At that time I went to Saunders website whom makes the furniture and found an affiliate company with the same items for far less than OD plus free shipping.

I must say that OD has been fairly helpful to a point, but allowing the delivery service they have to continue to rip people off is unacceptable. CS needs to be moved to US. Will NEVER, NEVER order anything from OD anymore. Will give OD a couple of days to refund my money then I will go to Illinois Attorney General's Office and file complaint. Hope it doesn't come to that.

Office Depot had the HP 15-ay196nr laptop on sale for Black Friday. I placed my order at 12:01 am on Thanksgiving morning, 11-24-16. I received my confirmation email at 12:09 am and it said I was supposed to receive it on 12-5. Since then I have gotten nothing but a runaround from them. First the order was still processing for 7 days. A follow up email was sent on 12-10, after I contacted them, saying it would arrive on 12-15. Then I found out on it was canceled without an email being sent on 12-13. I was given a number to call to escalate my order and the gentleman there said the laptop was sold out.

After 19 days I am told that the laptop is no longer available! He did offer to find me a comparable laptop at the advertised price, so I agreed. The delivery date was supposed to be 12-19, BUT I was just informed the date has been pushed back to 12-21. How can I have been able to place my order 1 minute after the sale started and not be able to get it?? I even talked to a real live person to make sure I was able to get in on the sale. I just told the last person I talked to that was cutting it close to be able to get it for Christmas.

After confirming that an item I ordered for in-store pickup was ready (CD-R spindle of 100), I stopped in the store. I showed the associate at the pickup desk the order # I had written down and I described the item, which she couldn't find. A gentleman who was already being served (printing services customer) overheard and told her he just saw a young man remove this item from the pickup counter and take it toward the back of the store. The lady just persisted in looking around the area behind the counter, still not finding my item. I was pressed for time but thought I had allowed more than enough to complete this transaction, so my patience began to wear thin.

After a wait of about 3 minutes another store clerk showed me a spindle that was a different brand than what had supposedly been held for me, with no real explanation for the substitution. I said it would do. No apology was offered, nor was there any comment on what the whole mix-up was about. I did get a look at the young man who was seen taking my purchased item back into the store. He was not attired in any way that identified him as a store employee. I left the store feeling underwhelmed, to say the least.

I been in the business 28 year never such bad experience with Office Depot 4555 West Charleston Blvd location. I buy battery for my computer. I paid in advance & paid overnight shipping. 3 day pass no part. I go in the store I asked to refund me for the shipping, because is not over night. They totally ignore me & told me I have to open claim. I do not know how to write correctly, to express my anger with this store employees, took my money & treat me like dirt, call me bad name because I need explanation why I cannot get refund not for all amount but only shipping fee. (I paid 11/9/12016 until now 11/13 2016 I have received.) I'm foreigner, I have accent & it make me sad I have to put up with it. I hope viewers can understand not to shop at that location. I will never shop Office Depot.

I went online to order printing of documents requested by a court for work. Long time ago, before the merge, I did this online and, as long as you didn't need it right away, they did a good job. If you go in person, they did a good job. However, I needed it within 2 days. Not a large or complex order. The website says they won't charge your card until pick up and you can pay in cash in person (what I planned to do). But you have to leave a card. So I did. *Also, at each step the estimated time of delivery jumped 5 days. Through three screens the estimated time went from a few days to a week and a half.

Apparently they immediately charged the card and someone from India calls the next day and leaves a message. Says my card did not go through so they were not going to go through with the order. I had deposited money on the card but assumed that since they said they would charge at pick up, and it wouldn't be ready for a couple days, it would be fine. I call back the number he calls me on -- not in service. I cancel the order online and reorder with another card.

Fast forward over a week from my original order - still nothing. They had charged my card immediately so I couldn't go to another company as I no longer had sufficient funds to cover a new order. Finally I got my money back after I got an email -- a week later-- confirming my order the order, saying it would be another week until it would be ready at my local store.

Cancelled again. Finally was able to order from FedEx. They always have it ready the same day even if I order online. It's just far from where I live. It was only 15 copies of a document with binding and paperstock covers. Shouldn't take 2 weeks to do. If the website says no charge until pick up -- then they shouldn't charge until pick up. Now the documents are way past due and I have to figure out how to get myself out of this mess.

I do the purchasing for our company, and Office Depot just lost our business. We ordered a desk/hutch set online - to be delivered. They delivered 3 huge boxes. The next day, after dragging these EXTREMELY heavy boxes up the stairs, we realized they sent (2) Box 2 of 2's. They DID NOT send Box 1 of 2. I called Customer Service immediately. They were very apologetic/helpful and said someone would call me back within 4 hours to reschedule the correct delivery. After waiting FIVE hours, I called back. They informed me that the rep had been mistaken. They don't make those calls on weekends, but someone will call Monday morning to schedule the correct delivery.

No call Monday, but I did receive an email stating, "We do apologize as you have not received the item yet. Upon checking the order detail we do see that this order was short . So, we have processed reshipment on behalf of Office Depot for your satisfaction. Reshipment confirmation # **. This order will be delivered on Wednesday, November 2, 2016 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM to the below Address: For further assistance call back customer service @ 888 463 3768. We also ensure that this will not happen in your future orders." Today, 11/2, I called to narrow down the delivery time and was told "the order had been canceled."??? The rep couldn't tell me WHO or WHY it had been canceled.

I asked to speak to a manager or supervisor and was told "She is on another line, but will call you back as soon as she's off the phone." (I think that line is the first lie they teach their reps when they get a job there.) Four hours later, no call from the supervisor. (She must have been on a REALLY long phone call.) So, I called back. I spoke to a rep who seemed to know what she was talking about, told me she noted everything that had occurred, explained what she thought happened as far as the canceled order, and assured me we would receive the correct box on Friday. (She even said "ask" instead of "aks".) Then, I received the Return Email.

It showed two exact same desk item #'s being picked up. (So...they are picking up BOTH Box 2 of 2's and delivering Box 1 of 2 so we are STILL stuck with only 1 box?!?) I called back and spoke to a complete moron. She listened to me and said she "fixed it" but when I asked her to tell me exactly WHAT was being picked up and exactly WHAT was being delivered on Friday, all she could say was "the desk" (no box #, nothing.) I told her I REALLY needed to make sure this was correct because every stupid mistake was causing delays for our business.

I asked her to send me an email while still on the phone with exactly what was being shipped/picked up. It never came. I asked to speak to her supervisor. Guess what she said? "She is on another line, but will call you back as soon as she's off the phone." I told her I would hold...she said she would take my info and she would call me. No thank you - I'll hold. Supervisor never answered. Office Depot is a joke. Run by morons, they have no concept of customer service. SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE. I have literally wasted an entire day trying to remedy a mistake that THEY made. I am pretty sure that they will be here Friday with two more Box 2 of 2's and they will pick up the previous two Box 2 of 2's. My biggest regret is that I didn't listen to my boss and buy QUALITY FURNITURE. Save a buck...waste a day and your sanity dealing with ignorant people who can barely speak the language.

Just stay away from Office Max and Depot online, as well as in stores. No manners, not respect, no customer support! Only lies and fraud. To name several, first: SOUTH JORDAN, UT - MANAGER - THE RUDEST AND MOST UNFRIENDLIEST, UNEDUCATED AND ARROGANT PERSON I ever met. He kept lying and misleading, charging wrong amounts and that while telling me "the rewards will show on your next statement" and the first purchase I made I had realized that and returned it right away only to prove him wrong, which he was so unhappy with and could not keep up with his lies and fraud and knowing I was right the only thing left for him was to yell at me not to come again to his store!! Let me just add: I returned ALL I just bought and the credit was $75 less than what I had paid. Interesting math they have with all "the rewards and deals".

That was not the only time. I needed longer to learn my lessons, unfortunately. Customer service: YOU ARE LUCKY IF THEY EVER WORK or if you can understand them once you reach them and then good luck if they care, because they do not help in any way...and as a business customer you seem to have fallen from Mars and they do not have a clue what to do and where to transfer you, so you hold forever and then you get hung up on. Therefore you are not getting any help nor anything resolved. Online order through the store by store employee got delivered in wrong color, wrong item and overcharged by $500. With proof and calls to district management all they offered was to take it back and refund the amount paid within 30 days. (I laughed...same as with the wonderful rewards that never came.)

Got one laptop for "A good price", was charged for two for the low price I was given therefore it ended up being more than the reg price. What a nice trick and scam...again to dispute it. Hahaha. Two brand new laptops died on the same day because one was purchased as an open box item and had ransomware on it. The sec I connected them, both hard drive were damaged beyond repair. Called and troubleshot with manufacturer, even had in writing from Dell to return to the store, but PHILIP **, AKA Store Manager of DRAPER STORE (I am so glad I am no manager, that title means as much as "screwing people over and that with disrespect and without any guilt"...and if they all can call themselves managers, I really wonder what the real managers should be named now.)...

So Mr. PHILIP from that Draper store, thought he would only help me if I agree on the spot to pay over $300 for technical support services, (which would not cover any damage on the devices anyhow because viruses are not covered and the first year it is up to the manufacturer), good trick to get someone who worked for HP to sign up for your useless protection... Haha. He did not like that I was going to consult with my partner first and did not help but tell me that I need to leave his store. It was a waste of time and he could not help me although I was only 1 day over the 30 day return period (which he did not even know was that long for business clients!!), and I had spent 3 hours at the store to have him tell me that there is nothing he can do and I just wasted $1200...(unless I pay him $300 and then he would have to ask his manager who of course was not available...) if that was ok.

When I said to charge it on my acct he said he could not because they were not open any longer (horrible). Long story short, this whole store and company and its employees, almost each one of them are the biggest nightmare, and this is the most corrupt and fraudulent retailer that is still left around...but not for too much longer and that is good to know. On top of that all employees are always only standing around and have nothing to do, but do not help you either...nor do they care about customers and about your purchases. I have been disappointment every time I crossed my feet into their store or tried to dial their number. CUSTOMER CARE AND SERVICE are not known to them and they really do nothing but rip you off and probably put it in their own pockets. Good for all of us that they are closing their stores. Can't it be sooner please.

I only wonder where all these lying and misleading and fake and fraudulent people will work next and continue treating customers with such disrespect and arrogance, with belittling and instead of being thankful that one comes in and they got jobs they yell and treat one so that one will not only never again go in but take further legal steps so that this scam finally can take an end.

I went to Office Depot store 2591 looking for a desk. I found a desk that was priced $410 for the desk alone, and a "bundle" deal for the desk and hutch for $399. The desk is sold online on the Office Depot website for $280. Obviously, the ONLY reason they priced the desk at $410 was so they could trick customers into buying the "bundle". A consumer complaint is being filed with the FTC.

Ordered three products. Tracked my order three days later to find out my package had been delivered. It was NOT delivered to our office, which is a free standing building. I called to find out the address it was sent to and the repeated response I received was "it was delivered to Dearborn, Mi." Several times I asked for the address and she responded with the City. Ultimately I requested a refund and received an email confirming the refund. Two days later received an email canceling the refund stating they had a signature on file confirming the delivery. Now! The package was delivered at a time that our office was closed. They couldn't tell me who the signature belonged to, nor could they tell me the address it was delivered to so I could go get the package. Basically, I'm paying for products I didn't receive and they can't tell me who has them... but someone has them, cause "they" have a signature.

I pay for a printer that needs delivery - they say the next day. A week later no printer. So I go in again and wait 30 minutes when a rep on the phone tries to figure it out. It is "lost in transit". So I cancel the order. They say the refund will appear on my bank CC. It does not -- Office Depot tries to make me a member and gives me a credit for the money! You got to be kidding. It never arrived. It was not even a return and no credit on my account when canceled. You got to be kidding. Awful.

Consumer Increased Rating!

As a result of my consumeraffairs.com complaint and the very consumer friendly staff of Office Depot, I am very happy to report that this matter has been solved to my full satisfaction. Office Depot will continue to be on my list of companies that treats is customers well when all is said and done.

J. S. of Flushing, NY on

Original Review

On Tuesday, October 4, 2016 I called the Office Depot Customer Service hotline at 1-800-GO-Depot and spoke to a customer service representative in order to obtain a price match for a Samsung 6300 UN60KU6300F. The same model listed at Office Depot for $1,399.99 is listed at Target for $949.99 on sale. After the customer service rep looked up the item and checked with her supervisor, she returned to the phone to inform me as per company policy that they do not match items that come directly from the manufacturer (lie #1). When she discovered this item does not come directly from the manufacturer as listed on the webpage, she then said they do not match sale items (lie #2).

I then asked her to match the price that Walmart sells the same TV for, which is their everyday low price of $997.99. She then came back after checking with her supervisor again to say they cannot match that price either. This time because it is more than 10% difference (lie #3). I then asked to speak with the supervisor. After about 15 minutes wait, Jerry (agent # **) came to the phone to inform me that company policy is that they do not match sale items and when I asked where that is located in the policy, he said it is at their discretion. In other words there is no policy stating they do not match sale items, he just used that as an excuse. The specific company policy is they do not match holiday sale items and this Target item is on sale, but not a holiday sale.

Then when asked about the match to Walmart, or B&H Photo (who also has it at regular price under $1,000.00) Supervisor Jerry said they cannot price match anything below their cost ratio. In other words, if the price of electronics goes down (which they always do), Office Depot will not price match because of their bad purchase. They want to pass their being ripped off, on the customer being ripped off. Target not only has the item on sale, but they currently have a discount on all Samsung TVs using their Cartwheel application and the Red Card, adding an additional discount of 15% to the price, bringing the total if purchased through Target to $815.00. I was hoping to match that price and add your current promotion of 20% off using the online code of 20OFFGOOD41, bringing your final price below $800.

Jerry had the attitude that he could not care less about the customer, or who I complained to. He simply stated that company policy is such that I am not getting the price match no matter what. Office Depot is in financial jeopardy and closing stores left and right because of supervisors like Jerry (agent # **) disseminating deceptive business policy that may or may not be the case and certainly are not ethical or customer friendly.

I wish I couldn't even give them a star. The employees are rude, no one wants to do their job. I went to the Office Depot on E 71 St in Tulsa, Ok on 10/2/16. I asked for help in the furniture department and one employee told me it wasn't her department and didn't bother to find someone for me...then when I finally got help the guy acted like I was an inconvenience, told me there were no desk like that and I can look at the other Office Depot.

So today 10/3/16 I went to the Office Depot in Muskogee, Ok to look for the desk I seen online only to get there and find out that the only one that was left was in a busted up box. The employee told me I could order it out, checkout and it would be delivered for free to the place. We got up there, the checkout lady was hateful and stated we don't do that anymore. So the gentleman and I went to talk to the manager and he was an asshat and would not override the delivery charge and was pushing me to buy the one in the busted up box.

I did not leave with any item today. I will never go back to ANOTHER Office Depot and trust me I will advise anyone and anybody to not do business there. This is first time I have had issues with this company, it seems like this is the way they operate. I will from now on do business with another company. Wouldn't be sad to see this company close their doorsite for good.

I purchased an Epson printer a year ago with 2-year protection agreement. 1st make sure you read it completely. You cannot return anything to the store under this service. You must call a 1-800 number to get started. Once you call and talk to someone, they inform you that you must send the print back. I said "ok cool no problem". They told me "everything is good. Go ahead and print out the UPS shipping form and take the printer to UPS." Ok cool, I did that. Wrong. The guy forgot to tell me. You have to pay for the BOX and Packaging materials like foam. $18.00 later. I said ok no big deal fine. I paid for the Box. I call them back to let them know hey, it's in the mail. I also want to change the form of repayment from a gift card to a check. They said "sure we can send you a check instead". Once we receive the printer, it takes 7 days for the check arrive in the mail. I said cool no biggie!!!

09/08/16 Called the store where I purchased the printer. I was told no I must call the 1-800. No returns or exchanges are done in store after so many days; 09/09/16 put it in the mail. Brown told me they will receive it on Monday the 12th; 09/20/16 Called today to find out what is taking so long. The customer service personnel told me "we received it but we had proved there was a problem 1st. That was completed on the 14th but because it was the weekend checks weren't cut until Monday"; I said "1st off the 14th was on a Wednesday, not a Friday. Try again what is taking so long. I know you received it on the 12th in the a.m."

Well, they just cut the check today. OK, it's the 20th. It's been a 8 day now; Now he tells me "well you won't receive the check until sometime next week". I ask 4 times on what day. He replied the 29th. So what happened to 'receive it in 7 days from the time you received the printer'. Now it will be 17 days from the 12th. I'm a little upset because I should be able to exchange it for one that works or get a credit toward a new one. I would have paid the difference if the same one is no longer available. I understand fraud and all that jazz but hey I just want to get another printer. The one I had was having software issues. Instead, I'm still waiting on the money and I had to go buy a new one at Staples. So I know it will arrive on the 30th, 22 days later. This process is stupid. They are quick to offer insurance and take your money. Hoping it will outlast the 2-year plan but hello it didn't.

About month ago I ordered a desk at a local Office Depot store. Three days later I called CS and cancelled the order because I did not want the desk anymore. They told me my money would be accredited back to my account within a week. Every week I have been calling and they just keep lying to me. Telling me that the return has been approved and that my money will be back at any time yet it has been a month now. I worked here for the summer and I know how much they emphasize customer satisfaction on us yet CS sucks so much and all they do is lie and don't have an order. This experience was ** and I will never buy here again. I told the store I would post this review because they are very upsetting. When I asked to speak to the supervisor they kept BS-ing me telling me they were busy all the time. Don't order anything. You will wait months for your refund.

On September 11, I received awful news from my bank's fraud department. They called me to verify some transactions they believed were fraud. These transactions were totaled almost $500. It just happened I had made a return with Office Depot for a wrong item, and it went well because the money went right back into my PayPal account. Right after that I place an order for the correct item and I had to give all my credit card information and the CVV number on the back to the customer service woman. Subsequently, two other transactions totaling $500 were made on my account, two transaction I did not make. Even though these fraudulent charges are still under investigation, I will not trust Office Depot again, especially, their outsourced customer service.

Saw the Office Depot commercial-backpacks 50 percent off. At the store Office Depot sign states prices on one side and prices after the percentage off listed. The employee scans the 71 dollar backpack and comes out to 42 something. Not even half. When I question it she says it's 140 dollars and the manager starts to take the price off. After I try buying shes making up prices and states no it doesn't state here that it's the retail price. So why mention it. So the 71 dollar backpack was being sold 50 percent more than advertisement. VERY DISGUSTED. We don't need a store like this in town!

Took my daughter's computer in because software from a class not loading. I was told the reason it wouldn't load is because it had a virus. They told me they would get rid of the virus, apply anti-virus, upgrade to Windows 10, and upload my daughter's class software. After not calling me the next day, I called them. They said the computer wasn't compatible with Windows 10 and they could not load the software for my daughter's class. If I had known that, I would not have let them do any work. I ask for some refund and they told me they did everything on the work order. Apparently they didn't put the upgrade and software on the work order. They would not give me a refund. They lied to me. Also, the computer was scratched. We didn't find that out until we got home. I believe they just wanted to sell with no concern for giving me what I needed.

I placed an order online for several cases of copier paper and other items. It usually comes within 1-2 days. I never received this. I tracked the order and it stated it had been delivered. I called and spoke to a customer service rep that is outsourced and she kept insisting it had been ordered and signed by Anthony. I don't have an Anthony. She stated they would refund me. This was not done. I called back and asked for a manager to call me and I never received a call. A week or more later, someone tried to deliver the paper and I refused since I had already purchased it elsewhere. I have called back twice and asked for a manager. That cust rep. assured me again they would refund this to my credit card for items I never received. This still has not been done. Will never shop online with this company again.

Office Depot Company Profile