1.20/5
Based on 70 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Office Depot

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 14, 2018

690 Office Depot Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I recently ordered a computer desk on 1/31/18 for $210.59. I received the typical emails about my order was placed and I will receive a shipment notification shortly. Well 2 days later on 2/2/18 I received the email that said my order shipped and is expected to deliver 2/5/18. Several hours later on 2/2/18 I received an email saying my shipment was delayed one business day with no reason as to why. I ignored it thinking it would eventually ship.

Well I hear nothing until 2/7/18 that my shipment was again delayed one business day with no reason why. I reached out to Office Depot support and ask what was going on and they said that my order was delayed several times due to the weather conditions and that it should ship out shortly. It is now 2/14/18 and I have not received a single email since. I reached out again and they told me that "after several failed attempts your order has been returned to the warehouse and you will be refunded $189 in 3-5 business days". So that is a $21 loss and a huge waste of time. They never even elaborated on the "several failed attempts". What a joke. I am very disappointed.

Hi Michael,

Sorry about your poor experience with us. This is not the way we intend to do business and I want to assure you that we will make this right. A member of our Customer Relations Team will contact you tomorrow to get things sorted out.

Best,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I was greatly disappointed yesterday (again) with the lack of help provided using the live chat function on the Office Depot/Office Max Web site. I had one simple task to accomplish - update an e-mail address to my existing account. That was it. It wasn't complicated. After updating the information online, I received a confirmation e-mail from Office Depot/Office Max. When I tried logging back into my account. I found that I'd been locked out. I then contacted Customer Service using the live chat function, and it turned out to be a lengthy ordeal that made everything worse.

The live chat reps named Sam, Vic and a supervisor named Matt changed information in my account that I never asked them to change. Because of their rude, arrogant and unprofessional actions, I was then forced to set up an entire new account online, which I never should have been forced to do. This screwed up my phone numbers, my Rewards point access, and the list goes on and on. All I want at this point is to have a knowledgeable, customer-driven employee contact me and fix this huge mess that the live chat people created. I want my original account restored with my updated e-mail address, and the second account deleted. This is not how you treat customers!

Office Depot response

Hi Phyllis - So sorry to read about the problems that you have experienced. This should not have been so difficult and I'd like to make this right. Would you please respond to this message or email customer.relations@officedepot.com with your rewards ID and contact info? Upon receipt I'll have someone connect with you and we will definitely get this problem solved.

Cheers!

Office Depot, Inc.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Basically robbed of $45. I placed an order in December for a coat and shoe rack. My bank told me that the charge was cancelled on my end because it did not process within the right amount of time. I called Office Depot and cancelled my order because I found out it wasn't going to be shipped until February. I ordered the same exact unit for $5 more on Amazon and got it within 2 days. Just this past weekend my bank account was negative because Office Depot charge me for the unit that I had previously cancelled. After texting and getting on the phone with their awful customer service I was basically told to wait for UPS stand at the door and make sure the package gets rejected because they are unable to do anything.

That is an outright lie. My husband is a warehouse manager and you are actually able to contact UPS and cancel a shipment that's already in transit but this lazy and awful company doesn't want to do anything. My bank account now has to sit negative for God only knows how long and I'm really not certain that I'm actually going to even get my money back from them. This company is a bunch of crooks and awful and lazy horrible people and they deserve to be put out of business and apparently I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Hi Kelly,

I'm sorry to read about the problems you are having. This is not the way we intend to do business and I will be having someone from Executive Customer Relations reach out to you tomorrow to help make things right.

Cheers!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I purchased a HP color Laserjet 5225 thru Officedepot.com on December 2017, when I received the product I was using it with letter size paper and the problem started when I return from holidays (2 weeks out of town) on January when I first try the envelope #10. I called to HP customer service to try to figure out why the envelope came out wrinkle, we tried different configuration on computer and printer without success and the HP support team told me the fuser is too hot, that's why the envelope came that way.

After that I called Office Depot to return the printer, a week later I got a email from Virtual Warehouse Research Specialist that they couldn't accept returns if is more than 30 days from the date of purchase and this order was placed on Saturday, December 2, 2017 and was delivered on Friday, 12/08/2017. If I had known at the beginning that I was going to have this problem obviously I would have returned it before, but I started to use envelope #10 on January. I'm calling to Office Depot several times and I am still waiting a favorable solution. I need to return it to get the credit store to buy other printer, I don't want my money back. I'm so sad because I am very frequent client from Office Depot.

Office Depot response

Paola - Thanks for your message. At Office Depot we put our customers at the center of all we do and I'm sorry you're having a problem. Someone from our Executive Customer Relations Team will be getting in touch with you on Monday to see what we can do to sort this out.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I order some items online on 2/5/2018 and was told by a confirmation that it was to be delivered on 2/6/2018 between 830am and 530pm. It never arrived and I was never contacted by Office Depot or the carrier. Today on 2/7/2018 I was told the delivery company was a third party and that a delivery would be made before 4.30pm. Again no delivery. Everyone is pointing at the other for blame. I bought from Office Depot and that's who is responsible for my merchandise.

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that we let you down and I'd like to help make this right. Someone from our Executive Customer Relations Team will be reaching out to you today to get this sorted out.

Office Depot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

On Wednesday January 31, 2018 I decided to purchase a external hard drive/flash drive bundle. I had it set up for store pick up, but when I checked my confirmation email it had it as a home delivery. I called the customer service number and spoke to a nice young lady, who said that she sent information over to the warehouse not to ship the item. She was going to help me to place a new order but I declined the offer for fear the same issue happening again.

The aforementioned young lady said I would get an email that showed that the order had been canceled and that the charge to my card would just drop off, meaning the bank wouldn't take the money out of my account. I was fine with this knowledge. Now fast forward to February 6, 2018 and 5 more calls to customer service after the call on the 31st. Normally I wouldn't have been so irritated at this situation, but when I checked my bank account, it showed that the online charge to Office Depot did indeed clear my bank. That was tick number one on my mad meter.

After speaking with numerous individuals in two departments I was told that it would take them 3-10 business days to process my return, to I would get it today, to that I might get it today or tomorrow, by the end of business (unacceptable responses by this time) to, "Oh our application is showing that your account has been credited"; to which my transaction history with my bank shows that it has not been returned to me as of the writing of this review. Will I ever use the online store again, that would be a resounding NO! Will I shop in a physical Office Depot ever again, at this point even I'm questioning if that will happen in the near future. And I'm sad to say that my true rating would really be just an eighth of a star.

Hi Meredith,

I'm sorry to read that you've had such a poor experience with us. We have your contact information based on the order details you provided and I'll have a member of our Executive Customer Relations Team get in touch with you to help straiten this out.

I'm sorry for the difficulty and for letting you down.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I tried purchasing this printer because my co-worker gave me a coupon for $50 off, which was an amazing offer. I set up the printer for home delivery because it would be more convenient for my schedule. After a week of no notification or tracking information, the printer finally ships; however, I wasn't informed that the someone needed to be home to accept the delivery, which I appreciate that policy. So after arranging someone to be at home to accept the package, Office Depot did not deliver in the window of time that they provided. Because I was getting frustrated with the wait, I called their customer service line to arrange store pickup, but for some unknown reason that was never explained to me, they couldn't setup my order for store pickup. So for one final attempt, I tried to have the package delivered and had someone at home to await for the delivery. NO ONE EVER SHOWED UP!!!

After that, I was annoyed and just wanted my refund. At the time of this review, I would now be two weeks that I would be waiting to get my money back, on top of having to request the refund twice because Office Depot cancelled my first request for some unknown reason. I have been calling about every day to check on the status of my refund to make sure it doesn't get cancelled AGAIN and none of the representatives can provide an certain time frame of when to expect my refund, why the first request was cancelled, and why I'm still waiting for it.

Unless you can catch this product on another sale AND purchase it at the store, I would not recommend this experience or purchase. Office Depot has not been helpful or considerate throughout this entire situation. In the time frame it has taken for me to just get my refund, I went out to Best Buy and bought a better printer for a cheaper price. Honestly, if you're looking for a recommendation... GO TO BEST BUY!!!

Office Depot response

Hi Christopher - I'm sorry that you have had such a poor experience with this delivery, this is not the way we intend to treat our customers and I'd like to help make it right.

I have your contact information from the order details you provided and I'll be having our Executive Customer Relations Team reach out to you to get things back on track.

Please expect to hear from us shortly. I'm really sorry we let you down.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I purchased a printer from Office Depot on 1/28/18. Delivery was supposed to be 1/31/18 between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM. It never arrived. I contacted Office Depot and was told that delivery was attempted but access to my condo could not be attained. I was home during this time and all the delivery person had to do was press my apartment number on the outside keypad. That would have contacted my phone and I would have let the delivery person in the building. I was informed that delivery was scheduled for the following day, 2/1/18. I called Office Depot and was informed that the order had been delivered. The problem is that I never received it. My email concerning my order stated that it is still in transit.

Hi Sidney,

Thanks for your feedback, I'm sorry we let you down. I'd also like to make this right and I'll have a member of our Executive Customer Relations Team reach out to you to sort this out. I have your contact information from the order details you provided.

Please expect to hear from us shortly.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I took my phone to Office Depot to get the battery replaced and during the process they broke my earpiece speaker and the front camera. After bringing it back to them they said they have to send it in, and that it would take no longer than five days. It has been a week and nobody has told me anything. I called and they said I could expect it today, but then I track it and it is across the state. It is store number 2661. I am just kinda fed up with them not telling me the truth and not communicating with me. Definitely will not use them again. They did not give me an order number or anything. This seems like a scam.

Office Depot response
Hi Christian - I'm really sorry to read about how we let you down with regard to your battery replacement. Would you mind responding to this message to provide your contact information? I'd like to have someone from our Executive Customer Relations Team look into this for you and make it right.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 27, 2018 I placed an order for office desk during Thanks Giving 2017. 2 boxes of same type delivered weighing 45 kg each i.e. 90 kg total. I called Office Depot about the issue and ask them to replace one of the box 2/2 with the correct box 1/2. Office Depot sent a fresh set of new boxes 1/2 and 2/2 - Desk issue resolved.

Previously sent 2 boxes 2/2 are still lying at my home. I have called at least 4 times for someone to collect them. Once UPS came with the wrong label of 1 box weighing 2 pounds. There have been service requests after service requests for the same issue but no resolution. They want me to drop two 45 kgs boxes at UPS location that too without any label being sent. How complex is to arrange pick up after 4 to 5 calls?

Hi Rohit,

My name is Casey and I am the Head of Customer Relations here at Office Depot. I'm really sorry to read about the run around that you have received from us and I am going to have a member of our Executive Customer Relations Team get in touch with you to clear this up and make things right.

We have your order information and we'll use the contact information that you provided with the order. I'm sorry we let you down.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Every time I place an order with this company their drivers don't seem to want to deliver the package to the correct address. Customer service and the drivers for Office Depot suck really suck. I placed and order with Office Depot on Jan 17, 2018 for a scanner and white out. The white out made to me the next day with no problem. The scanner was suppose to arrive on wed Jan 24th and it never made. Office Depot never called me to let me know that there was a problem with the address. No instead the driver who never showed up saying the suite number is incorrect. Let me remind you they delivered the second item the next day with no problems. I called today to find out the whereabouts of my package for office depot to tell me that it's on its way back to the company.

Again when was Office Depot was gonna call me and inform me of my package. This makes the third time that office depot has done this. And then for customer service to make it look like it's my fault... How dare you. Customer service entered the address in the system when they asked me for it. Let just say the driver never came to NIH and he took the package home. You have the most lazy drivers I have seen. They know where I work and they have the address. So again the driver took the product and Office Depot is allowing it to happen. I want a full refund of the product and I will never order from this company again. I will also let the folks at NIH know how I was treated by Office Depot.

Hi Cassandra,

My name is Casey and I am the Head of Customer Relations at Office Depot. I read your comment and wanted to personally respond to let you know how sorry I am that we've let you down so many times. This is not the way that we intend to do business.

Since you provided your order details, I will be having a member of our Executive Customer Relations Team get in touch with you today to get to the bottom of this and make things right.

Customer increased Rating by 4 stars! Resolution In Progress
Resolution response: Feb. 8, 2018

I was contacted by Marc from Office Depot's executive customer relations department soon after writing this review. He has kept me informed and up to date on my order's status since then, and he personally oversaw the delivery details. We received the Chromebook yesterday. and I am very satisfied with the customer service I have received since making my initial review.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I ordered a Chromebook in mid-December for my son's Christmas gift, only to find out it was on back order until Jan 22nd. The date finally arrived, but the chromebook did not. My husband and I emailed and called several times, and were told, "We'll call you back when we know something…" Finally I spoke with someone who would give me an answer (I had to call them, of course); she told me the delay was due to the "winter storm", and someone would call me back to let me know when I could expect it. I did finally get an actual callback later that day, only to be told the item was still on back order and would not ship until mid-February. During all of these calls, I got many apologies, excuses. and some flat out lies.

What I did not get were any offers to make things right. I had to ask - many times - for a promise of future communication about my order. The supervisor finally made a note in our order that we should be contacted when the item is ready to ship (not going to hold my breath) and reluctantly offered a discount on the item, which is apparently MY responsibility to call and ask for, once we receive the order. This was my kid's big Christmas present. We pooled $ with the rest of our family to buy it, since he needs it for school. We already had to ask him to wait for almost a month for it; I don't know what to tell him now since I have ZERO faith in the new date they gave me. He's going to be heartbroken.

Hi Katherine,

I'm very sorry to read about your poor experience and I regret that we let you down. I've forwarded your comment over to our Executive Customer Relations Team and one of our folks will reach out to you to help. Rest assured we will get to the bottom of this and make it right!

- Casey

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I purchased items at the store and was supposed to have it delivered within 48 hrs. Never received my purchase. Called both customer service and the store and could not get a straight answer about the status of my order. I was told 5 days straight that my order would come tomorrow. No one knew anything. Complete incompetence on all levels. I will never use them again. Not even to purchase paper clips. Worst ever.

Hi Eduardo,

I just read your comment and wanted to reach out to let you know that I can help. I've assigned your case to our Executive Customer Relations Team and a team member will be reaching out to you today. Rest assured that we will get to the bottom of things and make this right for you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My 12 year old daughter's laptop was purchased in May and has now quit working. My mother in law purchased the extended warranty in August. She has since passed away and I'm having the worst time getting any help to submit a claim. I went to the local store where I picked up the laptop originally and was told they couldn't do anything, not even print a duplicate receipt. I then called the receipt reprint number and they said they'd get back to me in 24-48 hours. I just called them back today, 10 days after the original call was placed. They apparently needed more info but didn't bother calling me. I then called SquareTrade (who the warranty is handled thru) and was met with the same resistance to help. They said I need to have the receipt. They can't even look up the product based on the serial number. I had to give my mother in law a picture of the serial number so that she could buy the warranty. It should be on file with SquareTrade.

All of this hassle for a laptop that's have been used less than 20 hours total since May! I'm now at a standstill as I have no options for getting this all sorted out. I've worked retail in the past and at that store we always did everything we could to help the customer. I feel like I've been stonewalled at every turn. I can't be the only person who doesn't have the original receipt.

Hi Jennifer,

I'm sorry about the difficulty and I want to assure you that we can help! Please send a private response with your contact information and I'll have a member of our Executive Customer Relations Team get in touch with you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

My rewards have been getting stolen out of my account for months. I have called multiple time and each time they reissue the rewards. Once I get an email stating that I have the rewards back, I log in and the rewards are gone. They keep telling me that I have spent them but I have not. This has been going on for months. I finally left some back feedback on their Facebook posts and someone contacted me on Facebook and said they would look into it. She then accused me of using the rewards and trying to get more money out of them. I NEVER have even seen the rewards. It shows purchases where I earn the rewards in my history and it shows that I should have them but they never appear in my account. When I finally got the person on Facebook to realize that my rewards were being stolen she said someone would contact me and to change my password. I logged on to change my password only to find that my pending rewards were also gone now.

Office Depot owes me over $120 in rewards and they cannot even figure out why. From reading some reviews online it seems that others are having the same problem which means that one of 2 things are happening. 1) Someone is hacking Office Depot accounts and stealing reward money which would be horrible since if they can get into your rewards account they can also see saved payment info. Or 2) Office Depot has a major glitch in the computer system, but since you can never talk to someone in America on the phone, there is no way for them to figure it out since no one halfway around the world even cares about reward money being stolen. Hopefully someone will contact me who actually cares. I have been a customer for a long time and I will no longer buy anything from them until this is resolved and I can feel safe shopping on their website again.

Office Depot response

Michael - Thanks for your feedback, I'm sorry to read about the difficulty you're experiencing. A member of our Member Services team here at the Corporate Headquarters will be reaching out to you today in order to get to the bottom of this.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Office Depot advertised buy-one-get-one-free promotion for copy paper. As a Rewards member, I could buy two cases of paper at full price, then get the price of the second case back in Rewards. That was months ago, and no Rewards.

Hi Jack,

I'm sorry to read that you did not receive credit for the rewards that you were expecting and I'd like to look into this for you. Would you please send a private response to this message with your best contact information? Upon receipt I'll get someone from our Member Services Team to connect with you and make this right.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

We purchased 1 laptop on Cyber Monday using the buy online pick up in store option. I selected my husband as the pickup person and he went to Office Depot and they charged him for a second laptop and did not acknowledge that he purchased it online beforehand. Then Office Depot charged us for another laptop... so now we have in our possession 1 laptop and were charged $1400 in one day for 3 laptops...

After 3 weeks we received the refund for one of the extra laptops that Office Depot overcharged us.The second laptop that we never ordered was delivered to our house... we were unable to refuse the package because UPS dropped it off and left. Now Office Depot - will not take back the package. They keep saying they have arranged for a UPS driver to pick up this laptop - that we never ordered and were still charged $401 for - and no one is showing up. I call every day and hear the same thing 3-5 business days when they pick up this package. This has been going on for 5 weeks now. Just to recap they took an extra $890 from our account and shipped us a laptop we never ordered and have yet to refund us $400... I have talked with 11 customer service representatives to date and not a single one of them knows what they're doing which is why we are in the position that we are in. We will NEVER purchase anything from Office Depot again.

Office Depot response

Thanks for your message, I'm sorry that this has been such a poor experience. What you describe does not reflect the way that we intend to treat our customers. I've forwarded your order details to our Executive Customer Relations Team and they will be reaching out to you to make sure your money is refunded and that things are made right.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I ordered a laptop for my son with confirmation that it would be delivered the next day. The next day it's not there but says it was delivered. I called customer service and was told that it was on backorder for 2-3 weeks. Very unwilling to help or have a valid explanation why. This was not stated anywhere online when the order was placed. I even went back to check while on the phone and the item is still there with no mention of being out of stock or backordered. I'm hoping I get my refund back. Will NEVER order anything or go into one of their stores again.

Office Depot response

Amanda - I'm sorry to read that you've had such a horrific experience with this order and I sincerely regret letting you down. I've shared your order details with our Executive Customer Relations Team and requested that they contact you directly to ensure that things are made right.

Resolution response: Jan. 16, 2018

This has been resolved. Despite this, my opinion of Office Depot is forever marred. My order should never have been duplicated, and the duplication should have been caught by your customer service rep when I called the same day to ensure there was no duplication/multiplication of the order. Office Depot also needs to look into their inventory control system and how it works together with their billing department. With today’s technology there is no reason it should take 10 days from the warehouse receipt of the returned merchandise for a customer’s account to be credited. Also worth mentioning is the lack of communication between the delivery drivers and the billing dept. I was told by the customer service rep over the phone that no return pick-up would be possible for 7 days, yet the very next day (and the day after that) a delivery person showed up at my home.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

If I could give Office Depot zero stars, I would. My online order experience was a nightmare from the very beginning. Long story short — my order was duplicated, it was THEIR error, there seems to be NO communication between the billing department and the shipping department, and a week after I returned the duplicate order they still owe me over $500. I URGE EVERYONE WHO READS THIS, DO NOT ORDER FROM OFFICE DEPOT’S WEBSITE! Unless you like getting ripped off, having to call multiple times and speak with customer service reps who you can barely understand, and be given the runaround.

Office Depot response

Hi Christie - I just read your post and I'm very sorry for the poor service. I've sent your order details over to our Executive Customer Relations Team to look into. They will reach out to you directly to ensure that you're refunded for the duplicate order and to make things right.

I'm really sorry that we let you down.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

The customer service agent schedule me a day for the carrier to pickup the return item. I have to take off work the whole day because they said it could be anytime from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. But there is no pickup at that day at all. I called customer service and they said the carrier couldn't make it to pick up. They never let me know they couldn't make it until I call the customer service and make me wait the whole day. Now they reschedule the pickup to the next day. That mean I have to take off work another day to stay home and wait for them to pick up. That is not how it works. Why can't they give me a return label and I can drop off the carrier facility. Never do business with Office Depot again never...

Office Depot response

Hi Danny - I'm sorry to read about the delays that you experienced when trying to return a product. What you describe does not represent the way that we intend to do business and I am sorry we disappointed you.

We'll be reaching out to you directly to ensure that your refund was received.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I made a order on Office Depot online on 11/30. And it is said I will get it on 12/13. It's been a long time waiting. Finally the order status been updated on 12/10,it's said the desk been sent to the carrier. And it's said out of delivery on 12/13. I was so happy about it. I been waiting at home whole day till 8:00 pm. So I contact with the Office Depot customer service. So they told me it's won't be longer than 12/15. So I was waiting to 12/15. And same day on 12/15 I was chatted online with the Office Depot customer service twice to make sure if the carrier is going to deliver my desk today.

Both of them said yes. They are sure it's going to delivery on 12/15. So I been waiting at the house another day till 7:00 pm. Still didn't get it. So I try to chat with the customer service online again. At first she said the order been delayed again and later she said my order was not online delivery item. Wow. Is she kidding me. I checked the order status all the time. The customer service keeping tell me I will get it on 12/13 or 12/15. Finally they told me my order wasn't a online order item. Of course you can change your website it's not available online. But why you keep told me the order was shipped and out of delivery. If at first you told me this as not available online. How can I keep waiting on this order for more than half months. I have been shopping online about 10 years. Never ever met a situation like this. Feel like I was be fooled and cheating.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

This company has a huge problem with shipping products that never arrive and they think or say they did, Happened to me twice. What a huge problem. This has been wasting tons of my time, hours not minutes and they still don’t have a clue, why their help desk is overseas. Do I need to say more? The communication between USA mainland and India is ZERO, do you like talking to people you can’t understand and have a "canned answer" for you. Well I have been thru this twice in a row and got nowhere other than having to stop payment on a huge purchase because Office Depot does not have a clue and does not care. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE ** UNLESS YOU ENJOY wasting your time and getting nowhere other than in the end stopping payment on your credit card which I have done twice in a row and yes it is my last. This company sucks so bad. It’s pathetic!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Save yourself the trouble, and buy from Amazon, or a company competent enough to find your address. I live on a college campus, and so my mail is processed in a university building. Pretty simple right? I have not had an issue in receiving my mail, because it's really not that hard of a concept. I order things all the time from small companies who usually use small, independent shipping companies. You would think that the ones who have an issue finding my address would be the small shipping companies. Well, you would be wrong.

I called what felt like every customer service person for Office Depot, 3 times, and each representative assured me that the laptop would be delivered "tomorrow." It never was. I called the shipping company itself. They just assured me it would be delivered "tomorrow." I don't buy it, and fully expect to spend an hour tomorrow fighting with the shipping company in an attempt to get my package. TL;DR: Office Depot is not competent enough to find a simple address, save yourself the trouble and buy with amazon.

Resolution response: Jan. 3, 2018

Office Depot's Executive Customer Relations became involved in this issue and resolved it. Diane, the representative I worked with seemed truly appalled by what happened and made efforts to make it right. Based on her commitment to resolving the issue, I would definitely use Office Depot and shop in their stores.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I ordered a desk and file cabinets from Office Depot online. My bank declined at first because it went to their antifraud process so the order was cancelled. I called the bank and they approved so I could go back and order. The first order was cancelled and I put a new order in and all of a sudden I had two orders. I called immediately and was told they had been sending emails to the fulfillment area to cancel but had not heard back. I called 4 times and was told the same thing. When I asked if I could call the fulfillment center I was told there was no phone number to call.

I eventually ended up having two sets of desks and cabinets delivered. It took numerous calls, emails, and a trip to the local Office Depot where their manager had to call to set up a return. A truck picked up the duplicate set a day later than we were told. Nov 16 I still have not seen my $853.96 refund, it's been weeks. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, they have deceptive and fraudulent business practices!!!

Office Depot response
Hi Sherry - Our records show that Diane Demma from our Executive Customer Relations Team got involved and that things have been addressed. We're sorry about the inconvenience and hope that you feel better about us now that things have been properly resolved. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the poor experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Diane directly if you need further assistance.
- Casey

Office Depot.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Ordered a chair by calling Office Depot. Was supposed to be delivered on 21st Nov. Tracked the order and the tracking indicated that the chair was right on schedule and was in town. However did not arrive. New tracking indicated that due to local delay it would be delivered on the 22nd. It did not arrive on the 22nd. Then there was absolute cutting off of the tracking. Total silence. No emails or link explaining the location of my chair. Waited several days and finally called Office Depot on the 27th of Nov. First time they could not locate the chair at all even though they admitted it had not been delivered.

After waiting on the phone for 1/2 an hour the agent informed me that she could not do anything on her monitor and suggested I call them back and get another agent. She apparently could not transfer me. I called back and the new agent could not locate the chair after a long wait. She indicated that the carrier was not responding. By this time I was ready to slam the phone down because they were not taking any responsibility of locating or even ensuring when it would be delivered. Finally in disgust I cancelled the order. THIS IS THE LAST TIME I SHOP ONLINE OR AT THE STORE. WASTED HOURS ON A STUPID ORDER.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I purchased a computer with a promotional. I signed up to pay my promotional balance and directed a payment to go directly to the promotional balance on September 21st. In addition to that promotional payment I made my minimum payment on the 16th of September. My minimum payment was applied to my balance however, Office Depot held my promotional payment of September 21st and applied the entire amount to the balance as a minimum payment for OCTOBER and NOT my promotional balance. My October payment was NOT due until October 16. However, the COMPANY decided to place MY MONEY WHERE THEY WANTED TO. When I discovered the issue I called the company directly and I was told that the payment fell into the next month billing cycle.

However, both of the minimum and promotional payments were both made in the month of SEPTEMBER. My card is in good standing. I have not been late in YEARS!!! Every so called HIGHER SUPERVISOR I spoke with claimed that they would put the payment minus the minimum payment towards the promotional balance which is NOT HOW I DIRECTED FOR MY MONEY TO BE APPLIED. Up until this day NOVEMBER 11th, THIS HAS NOT BEEN DONE!!! They post on their website that they are ethical and will not use underhanded schemes to get over on the consumer. But that is NOT TRUE! I was up to date with my minimum and applied money to my promotional balance in SEPTEMBER.

The "COMPANY" let my promotional payment sit until OCTOBER 16th and took the ENTIRE PAYMENT for a minimum payment that went directly to the balance owed and not the promotional balance! So if I was not attentive, then I would have thought I was paying the promotional balance off when in fact NOTHING HAS BEEN APPLIED TO THE PROMOTIONAL BALANCE. The company is staying in business because at the end of the day I will be responsible for the promotional balance along with ALL OF THE INTEREST BECAUSE THIS COMPANY IS SCANDALOUS!!! Their customer service is TERRIBLE!!! For each call I held on for over 30 minutes!!! I would advise no one to purchase anything with this company with a promotion. Unless you keep your eyes on how they treat YOUR MONEY!!! #NeverAgain!!! #Beware.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Office Depot.com lists products and when you order them they are piggybacking on Office Depot's physical locations. This is not uncommon, however make sure if you purchase anything that you have them put it through online. Otherwise you are not able to exchange items if the store does not have it, you are screwed. Online will not ship replacements to the store.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I'd ordered a bookcase, to be delivered on November 1. Only they dropped it off a day early, without notifying me. It was much too large and heavy for me to get into my apartment on my own, so I called to complain. Another reason for my complaint has to do with the company they use to build the bookcase on site. They will only do that if the furniture is in the room where it is supposed to go. The customer service rep was sympathetic, but he suggested I ask a friend to help. What friend? I've lived here two weeks, and the only people I know around here are geriatrics like me.

Striking out with Office Depot, I decided my best bet was to wrestle the box, which was way taller than I am to the ground and bring it in piece by piece. Only, I lost control of the box, and it crashed down on the top of my foot. The only good thing was that I had on sturdy shoes. Even so, the force was strong enough to split the skin. I don't think it's broken, but it sure hurts. I finally called my son, an hour away, and asked him if he could drop everything and come help me. He did, so at least the box isn't out in the rain. Bottom line: I was home all day. Office Depot had my phone number. I can't believe it is company policy to dump boxes and run. But if it is, it should change.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

We reserve a printer online to pick up at OfficeMax and when we get there, they say they don’t have the item. No stores in the area have the item. They already took our money out of our account and will take three days to get it back! WHY WOULD THEY TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT BEFORE I GO TO THE STORE TO PICK UP THE ITEM! I have no printer and now I have no money to purchase the item from another company for at least three days.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

This Company has the unusual practice of not refunding your money when an order is cancelled. Instead, they prefer to verify with their Shipper that the items were returned to the warehouse and placed back into inventory. Nearly two-weeks have passed after being issued a return confirmation number and I have yet to receive my $687.99. Calls to Customer Support are fruitless, as they promise to check with their Shipper and call back within 4-hours. Yet they never called back. Resulted in a dispute claim with PayPal to resolve.

Also, desk orders require an adult to sign during delivery. I can understand having someone sign for shipment of an expensive and easily stolen small item like a laptop or smartphone, but large 72 pound boxes requiring two people to move is a bit ridiculous. They do not tell you that during the ordering process, so if you work in the day and live alone, you may end up with the same problem. And there are no delivery windows, so you will need to take the entire day off from the office. Add that their store prices are higher than online, yet one can order online from their smartphone while at the store and leave with the discounted priced item seems ludicrous. This Company is a dinosaur and apparently has not learned the lessons learned and adopted by Best Buy and Amazon to succeed.

Office Depot Company Information

www.officedepot.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use