1.46/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 10, 2018

703 Office Depot Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 10, 2018

Last night I went to Google and searched for a black executive desk. Among the results was one from Office Depot that advertised for $239.99. I followed the link to the website where it also said $239.99. I put it in the cart and planned on competing the purchase this morning. Nowhere did it say that it was a limited time offer or a sale offer. When I went to the cart this morning, it said $339.99. I went back to Google and searched again, and it was still being advertised for $239.99. I called and texted Office Depot about it. They refused to honor the advertised price. About 30 minutes later they did update their price in their advertisement, but the fact of the matter was that this morning, when I went to purchase it, it was still being advertised for the $239.99, and I believe legally they should have honored that. I have screenshots of the advertisement and it shows the date and time of the advertisement.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I am reviewing the behavior of the employee Joshua ** who works at the department of printing at the Office Depot branch located on Harrison St. at 14th St. in San Francisco, Cal. I will simply say that he is helpful and understand what people who uses art as a profession always looks for, in this age when digital printing is so dependable, is great to find a mind like Joshua's. Over the years I have been using OD as my first choice for my printing needs and to tell you the truth I have found many other employees with whom I have fought my way to get what I want or they do not understand the technology or they are lazy. Kudos to Mr. **. Thanks.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2018

This company is horrible, they do not even deserve 1 star. I ordered a desk and hutch on March 12 with a delivery date of March 30. It is now April 5th and I still have no desk, even though it was paid for on March 12. I have gotten automated emails telling me that they are attempting to reach the vendor, which I assume Bush furniture, who I called and spoke with someone last week the first time I called. Why is it taking them so long to reach them in regards to my order? To say I am annoyed would be an understatement.

I have also left numerous phone messages with Shanmugasundaram at the virtual warehouse and have yet to receive a callback. I did have someone call me several days ago claiming my item should be here on the 11th, she did not sound confident in that statement though, so I am not convinced. If this item is not coming, I would appreciate a swift response telling me, as I have been running my office out of a cardboard box waiting for this desk.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 2, 2018

I normally don't write reviews here, but this experience made me so frustrated. I wanted to write this review and give suggestions to hopefully cultivate change. I agree with most here that I will no longer buy anything online from Office Depot. I will only buy products in stock at the store or go elsewhere if they don’t have it. In my case I ordered the item (a desk) at the store, but the desk was not in the store and had to be ordered.

The first thing they did was ship the table top of the desk and back order the legs. There was no phone call saying we don't have the legs or if you want it all shipped together. I mean common sense would tell you that the desktop is absolutely useless without the legs, so why not ship them together? There is no customer relations or concierge to walk orders like this through. I had to find out about the backorder via an email showing the shipping that the desktop was shipped without the legs. Had I not looked at the order I would have been very disappointed when the delivery showed up.

It seems like the complaints I see here are with large items (desks chairs, cabinets, etc.) or high dollar electronics (laptops, computers). For items like these there should be someone (US based) that acts as a concierge to make sure the item gets shipped properly and correctly without the hassles. If there is a problem (and a back order on desktop legs which makes it function is a problem) then you should get a phone call. Which brings up my third issue.

The offshore customer service is horrible. They never know what they are talking about. They constantly spew incorrect information, and they are hard to understand. I finally called them to ask about the legs. They could not tell me anything about when I would get them or if I would get them anytime soon. I had taken off work to wait for the delivery since the delivery windows are 8 hours. Now I am told it would not show up on the day I was promised delivery and I had to wait for a second delivery day for the legs. At that point I was so frustrated I decided to cancel the order, which would have meant I had to sit around the next day and refuse delivery. Luckily for me the courier service called me and the woman on the other line was very experienced, professional, and knew exactly how to cancel it. She canceled the shipment and I did not have to waste another day waiting.

Once I got the shipment canceled I noticed I was credited for the legs and not the desktop or the protection plan. So that meant another call to the customer service to find out about my credit. First she tried to tell me that the sale would drop off my credit card. I explained to her that was not true because you already took payment, which is also ridiculous. Not one these days takes full payment on partially shipped orders. Normally companies take payment on what’s shipped and not the whole order. When I told her the full amount was already taken she tried to backpedal and tell me that I would see a credit in a few days.

But she could not tell me when or how much. Then I confronted her about the protection plan. She told me that had been shipped and I would have to refuse delivery on it. It’s a protection plan. What delivery? There is nothing to refuse! I never took delivery on the desk so the protection plan should be refunded immediately. No questions asked! Why should I have to fight and monitor this when you know I did not take delivery? Again she tried to backpedal and say that you show the plans as a shipment and that’s the way you handle them. But you can clearly tell she did not know what she was doing or what she was talking about.

So now I will go back to the store to get the credit sorted out for the tabletop and the protection plan. Unfortunately, from what I read here, the store may not be allowed to process the refund since it’s was conveniently placed out of their hands when it was ordered and back ordered online. So it will be more runaround.

As I said before, with a customer service concierge (US Based, I cannot stress that enough), and a little extra care, these situations can be avoided. No one wants to be given the runaround and made to feel as if you don’t care.

Updated on 04/05/2018: It is now April 5th and I still have not received a credit or heard back from Office Depot since April 3rd. I decided to take matters into my own hands: I called my Credit Card company and I disputed both the desktop and warranty charges. This is one time where I am glad I put the whole transaction on my credit card (at times I will pay cash for items like these). I figured I would let me credit card company wrestle with Office Depot. If I don't see the actual credit in the next 2 weeks the next stop will be the Missouri Attorney General where I will file a complaint. I think it's safe to say that Office Depot has lost my business. This is a huge hassle and it should not have been this way.

Office Depot response

Hi Byron! Thanks for taking the time to document and share your experience, this is painful to read and very insightful in highlighting exactly where we have room to improve.

Would you mind sending me a follow up message with your email address and order details? I'd like to reach out to you and ensure that things are made right and I'd also like to review your shopping journey so that I can take action to address the points where we failed you.

Thanks,

Casey A

Office Depot, Inc

Resolution response: March 29, 2018

Update: 03/29/18, over 20 days after I received the damaged item, and my money was finally refunded. Only after I posted a photo on instagram, tagging officedepot.com did I receive any assistance. I was contacted by someone in their customer service team (out of California, finally, someone in this country to help me), and the item was picked up after two days. After the pick up, I was told that the refund had been "approved" (was not made aware of the fact that all refunds must be approved). It still took several days for the refund to show in my bank account. Office Depot also gave me a $100 gift card, which I am still afraid to use.

The only highlight of this experience was the local store manager, Auggie (sp?). He was helpful and offered to come pick up the 150 pound desk in his SUV. If I do choose to spend my gift card, I will ONLY do it in store, and will NEVER purchase from officedepot.com again. It is way too difficult and time-consuming to get to the final customer service team that actually has the power to make things right.

OfficeDepot.com did finally make things right. But I have no desire to spend almost 3 weeks of my time doing that again, so I will likely shop elsewhere.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I ordered a desk from Office Depot online and when it arrived, it was damaged by the carrier. I promptly reported the problem and I was told that another carrier would be by to pick it up in two days. We stayed home all day and nobody came. 16 phone calls and 14 days later, I still do not have a refund, and I have a huge desk in a box laying by my front door. Calls to Office Depot simply begin the process of arranging for a carrier who never comes. Calling corporate yields no success, and only routes your call back to the call center, which I assume is out of the country, given the thick accents of the 16 different agents I have spoken to.

Finally, I was able to get the local store manager to agree to come pick up the item. However, I have been told that I am not allowed to process a refund at the store for this item (furniture), but I am hopeful that the store manager will be able to figure something out. Moral of the story? If you want to purchase from Office Depot, ONLY do it at a local store where you can speak to an actual person who cares.

Office Depot response

Hi Julie - I'm so sorry to read about this poor experience. I'm asking my Executive Customer Relations Team to reach out to you to make sure that you are properly refunded and that Office Depot makes things right. I'm really sorry we gave you such a run around with this order and that we weren't able to correct the problem when you first called. You certainly deserve better and we expect to provide better service. I appreciate your comments!

Office Depot, Inc.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

Customer increased Rating by 4 stars! Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 21, 2018

Don't trust online shopping at Office Depot and definitely don't use your PayPal account. Office Depot has some sort of way they trick PayPal buyers and charge their account without authorization or even any knowledge of it. PayPal security and fraud department hasn't caught onto the scam yet, but hopefully they will. Here's how the Office Depot PayPal scam seems to play out, (at least it did for me): A buyer uses Office Depot online to place order for pickup at the store. The store then changes the order number, to a new order number that is harder to trace, then doesn't contact the buyer to explain this an issue, it instead sends an email stating they didn't have the quantity requested and makes different charges to your PayPal account without your knowledge or consent. The original order and amount charged stay in your PayPal account and new charges are made.

They did this to me, but I refused my partial order and made sure they cancelled it. Then it took two days, multiple phone calls, emails and messages to PayPal to get Office Depot to refund the amount charged for the partial order that I refused and they cancelled. The original order made online for the full quantity still remains. The charges to my PayPal account are still there and Office Depot refuses to remove them. PayPal can't do anything about it because to them it appears as if the other amount is a different purchase because Office Depot changed the order number making it difficult to prove that there weren't two separate purchases made.

When I log into my Office Depot online account it doesn't show any purchases history, so it's virtually impossible to trace. They don't send an original order receipt either, so there's no way to track it via email. It's a very sneaky way to keep your money. PayPal claims that I have to wait 5 to 7 days to see if Office Depot will remove the false charge before I can file a dispute. Bottom line is that I'll never shop at Office Depot again and I'd strongly suggest anyone else doesn't either.

Office Depot response
Todd - I'm sorry that this has been such a difficult experience and happy to see that we positively resolved it in the end. We'll be reaching out to follow up with you and explain what happened. I'm also sharing this case with our leadership team as it's a good example of where we can improve the way we communicate with our customers. I appreciate the candid comments!
- Casey A

Original review: March 16, 2018

I ordered a laptop about three weeks ago with the anticipated delivery date of "three to five" business days. I received numerous emails (almost on a daily basis) constantly changing my delivery date. On the morning of March 14, 2018 I received a call from the Fraud Department of my bank inquiring why I had two identical charge amounts from Office Depot to my account, one being from Nevada and that my account was now frozen. After I sorted that out, I called Office Depot's Customer Service number and was told that the laptop was scheduled for delivery that very day. I also updated my email address at that time. Within 15 minutes I received a call from a "supervisor" at Office Depot informing me that my laptop order had been canceled and that he was canceling my order due to a "system error" and that he was sorry! He had very poor English. He gave me a refund number.

The very next day in reviewing my bank account they had actually charged me again! Here we go again... Three more phone calls to people that do not understand the English language until I insisted I be transferred to "someone in America". She was in New Jersey and no help at all and even questioned if I was reading my bank statement correctly because she could not see the charge I was referring to and to just dispute it with my bank! OK, now I am super frustrated and decided to try the "live chat" feature on their website. After being disconnected twice, I finally got a rep that told me I would get my refund as soon as I returned the product! Finally I convinced him that I did not have it and that it was Office Depot that canceled my order and he said I would get my refund in three to five business days.

Horrible experience. Do not order from Office Depot...ever! I now see a pending credit on my bank account but will not believe it until it is processed. I am sure I will now receive the following "canned response" because they send the same one to everybody that has an issue (I was also told this over the phone)... "Thanks for your feedback, I'm sorry we let you down. I'd also like to make this right and I'll have a member of our Executive Customer Relations Team reach out to you to sort this out."

Office Depot response

Hi Shawn - This is Casey A, I'm the Head of Customer Relations & Digital Care here at Office Depot. I read customer posts regularly and saw yours today. I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience and such bad service with us. Would you mind responding with your contact info and order details? I'd like to follow up with you to make sure that all of your credits were fully issued and that things are resolved.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I recently placed an order on officedepot.com for $2985.25 for two items. They shipped both items together and on the day of arrival Office Depot requested the items be sent back to them from UPS with no explanation at all. I contact Office Depot customer service to refund me and they provided no explanation as to why they requested the items back before they were even delivered. Support tells me they will issue a refund. I receive the refund and then the next day (March 14) I am charged $2985.25 for nothing. I didn't place another order or anything and now my account is in the negative. Absolutely horrible experience. I will never shop at Office Depot again.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I ordered a desk from Office Depot, delivery was delayed because of the shipping company, I called April 26 and was told it would be delivered March 1, March 1 I was told March 5, March 6 I was called by CEVA the trucking company and the woman was rude and nasty, I asked when the desk would be there and she hung up on me and cancelled the order, I called Office Depot 6 time, most of the calls I could not understand the people overseas. I was told the trucking company tried to deliver 10 minutes ago, they did not, the trucking company cancelled the order saying refused. Office Depot said, "Sorry, we can't reorder it." I was out of luck.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 4, 2018

I purchased a refurbished laptop computer online from officedepot.com. Had an issue with the laptop after 1 month. Called Office Depot who referred me to HP, who advised me that they would be happy to help as long as I pay. Advised them of my 1 year warranty. HP told me that to contact Office Depot again. Kept calling customer support and they also gave me the runaround. Did not honor the one year warranty. No one seems to want to help, store with tech depot advised me that I was SOL.

Contacted customer service several times, they tried to tell me my purchase only had a 14 day warranty, and two times wanted to force me to return the merchandise, which is NOT what I wanted to do. Luckily for me, laptop started working again after the battery ran out. Office Depot has very poor customer service, reps that don't know what they are doing, people who are unsympathetic. Will not buy any large ticket items from them again nor do I recommend anyone do so. They DO NOT stand behind their products, even when it is clearly stated in the description that the product was guaranteed with a one year manufacturers warranty.

Office Depot response

Dear Alvin - I'm sorry to read that you've had such a poor experience and a service run-around with us. We don't intend to treat our customers like this and I'm sorry for all of the misinformation as well as for letting you down. If you'd like to send me your contact info and order details, I'll make sure that your laptop is properly registered with HP so that you can get warranty service in the future should you need it.

Casey A

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018 Shopping for and purchasing what I wanted was very easy and very straightforward. I read the reviews bought the item I wanted and checked out with ease. I chose to have the chair I ordered delivered rather than pick it up in store for convenience and because the estimated delivery date was on one of my days off.

On the day of delivery I received an email saying my order was in transit. The delivery window came and went and no chair had shown up. So, that is no big deal, it did say it was an estimated delivery date and I had the next day off too.

I would say at the very least if a company is not going to meet the expected delivery date they should send an email saying as much. At 1 hour till the delivery window was over I decide to call the 800 number in my email. I got the automated system that says it was shipped via UPS and gave me a tracking number; this goes against the email I got saying it was shipped via Courier Express. The number is not a UPS tracking number but I try it anyway to no avail.

At this point I opt to speak to an agent. They look up my order and tell me it is out for delivery with a 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm delivery window. Fine it was 4:00 pm. Now here I sit, after 6:00 pm and I still haven't seen that chair. The rug doctor I ordered through Amazon came in, as do all the orders I place through Amazon and many other companies. That is when I decided to look at reviews on Office Depot delivery. Had I seen these reviews before ordering, I would have opted for in store pick-up. This company is very obviously challenged when it comes to the delivery option.

If this is how you handle a first time customer I fail to see why anyone orders from them. Between the lack of communication and the obvious lie told by a service rep I am very likely to refuse delivery when it does come and call my bank for a charge-back. Yeah, I won't even ask for a refund after reading these reviews and people's horrible experiences.

Resolution response: March 27, 2018

UPDATE: Shortly after posting my initial review, I received a message back from a contractor with "the Office Depot Resolution Team." The contractor confirmed that she considered the $40.00 "inconvenience" credit to be part of my refund, and authorized an additional credit of $3.52 in order to get to the full $348.14 refund amount.

In other words, it appeared that my refund would be coming in 3 chunks: $304.62 + $40.00 + $3.52, to be credited within 3 - 5 business days. Suffice it to say, I found this resolution to be pretty awkward, but was willing to accept it... once the full amount was credited back to my account.

Except it wasn't: the credit(s) never appeared. I checked my account daily for any credits from Office Depot, but saw nothing. So after 10 business days, I decided to take things to the next level. Since I live in Washington State, I filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office: http://www.atg.wa.gov/file-complaint. Although it's described as an informal process (not a legal proceeding), it finally brought results. Within two weeks after filing my complaint, I received a very gracious note of apology, along with assurances of a full refund + a $50.00 electronic gift card from a representative of Office Depot's Executive Consumer Relations. Before the end of the next business day, the gift card was in my inbox and a full refund of $348.14 was credited to my card account.

So case closed. I've added an additional (third) star to this review, which reflects my satisfaction with the result (if not with the time/effort involved in getting there).

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I am giving Office Depot two stars vs. the one I currently feel like giving, because a) I have ordered items online from Office Depot before without any problems; and b) I still believe the situation will ultimately be resolved to my satisfaction. But having been through 3 bouts of customer service "Calvinball" now, I no longer feel like working this out behind closed doors.

On 2/15/18, I ordered 2 Samsung monitors ("Samsung Series 3 23.6" Widescreen HD LED Monitor, LS24D300HLR") from Office Depot's website. I was billed $348.14 USD ($159.99 x 2 + $28.16 tax). As expected, I received two emails in sequence: the first confirming my order/payment and the second confirming that my order had been shipped. The latter provided tracking links to both Office Depot's site and UPS's, as well as an estimated delivery date of 2/16/18. Well, the 16th came and went without a delivery, but I didn't have a problem with that. After all, it was the Friday prior to a 3-day weekend, and I didn't really expect delivery in 24 hours anyway.

The following Tuesday, however, I checked the UPS tracking number for a delivery update, and discovered that there was no tracking information at all - just a note indicating that a label had been created, but the physical order wasn't even in the system! The status was the same on Wednesday, so I used the customer service "chat" function on Office Depot's site to inquire about it. I had a short, but very pleasant exchange with "Seth," who informed me that I could expect my order to be delivered on Friday (2/23). "Cool," I thought.

Friday came and went: no delivery, and the info on UPS's page remained frozen in time ("A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."). So, I resorted to the Customer Service Contact Form on Saturday to ask about it. I received a very pleasant and professional - and quite rapid - response from "Jas," who apologized for the delay and informed me that he had submitted a "Service Request" on my behalf to a "research team," who would get back to me 4 business hours. Since this was the weekend, I figured this meant Monday, and I was right. There was an email from "the Office Depot Resolution Team" sitting in my inbox bright and early on Monday morning. And here's the relevant part:

"As there is no update on the carrier tracking regarding the delivery date, we have processed the credit as we are unable to process reshipment for this order... We have credited an amount of $304.62 which will reflect back in your account within 3-5 business days. We kindly request you to place a new order for the same."

I kinda lost it at that point. As noted above, I was billed $348.14, and Office Depot apparently intends to refund me only $304.62 - an amount that is $43.52 less than what I paid (for no merchandise). And I have no idea where this number even came from: even if you toss in the $40.00 credit Jas offered me (which I thought was supposed to be compensation for my inconvenience, not part of a refund), I'm still $3.52 short. In addition, the promised credit(s) has yet to be logged back to my card account. While I have the money, I don't want to RISK the money: I'd be an idiot to submit (and be billed for) a brand new order, while the money I paid for the current order is still in limbo. Doubly so, because I'm not (at this point) even getting a credit for the full amount of that order. For the record, I immediately replied to the email raising the same concerns as above. I have yet to hear back from the "team".

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I placed my first-ever order with this company and it was supposed to be delivered today. I got an email saying it was delivered but no package was left. I tried to look up tracking and it says that my order was delivered by a "third party carrier". Whatever that is - and there is literally no tracking number available. Not a very auspicious way to start - not sure why they don't use UPS, the postal service, and *anything* else reliable.

Office Depot response

Dear Sharon - I'm so very sorry to read about your poor experience. What you describe does not represent the way that we intend to serve our customers and I'm sorry that we let you down. It appears that you were credited in full for the order and that a new order was delivered at no cost on 2/20. I'm hoping that you feel better about us now that things are resolved and, if that's not the case, please let me know.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I recently ordered a computer desk on 1/31/18 for $210.59. I received the typical emails about my order was placed and I will receive a shipment notification shortly. Well 2 days later on 2/2/18 I received the email that said my order shipped and is expected to deliver 2/5/18. Several hours later on 2/2/18 I received an email saying my shipment was delayed one business day with no reason as to why. I ignored it thinking it would eventually ship.

Well I hear nothing until 2/7/18 that my shipment was again delayed one business day with no reason why. I reached out to Office Depot support and ask what was going on and they said that my order was delayed several times due to the weather conditions and that it should ship out shortly. It is now 2/14/18 and I have not received a single email since. I reached out again and they told me that "after several failed attempts your order has been returned to the warehouse and you will be refunded $189 in 3-5 business days". So that is a $21 loss and a huge waste of time. They never even elaborated on the "several failed attempts". What a joke. I am very disappointed.

Hi Michael,

Sorry about your poor experience with us. This is not the way we intend to do business and I want to assure you that we will make this right. A member of our Customer Relations Team will contact you tomorrow to get things sorted out.

Best,

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I was greatly disappointed yesterday (again) with the lack of help provided using the live chat function on the Office Depot/Office Max Web site. I had one simple task to accomplish - update an e-mail address to my existing account. That was it. It wasn't complicated. After updating the information online, I received a confirmation e-mail from Office Depot/Office Max. When I tried logging back into my account. I found that I'd been locked out. I then contacted Customer Service using the live chat function, and it turned out to be a lengthy ordeal that made everything worse.

The live chat reps named Sam, Vic and a supervisor named Matt changed information in my account that I never asked them to change. Because of their rude, arrogant and unprofessional actions, I was then forced to set up an entire new account online, which I never should have been forced to do. This screwed up my phone numbers, my Rewards point access, and the list goes on and on. All I want at this point is to have a knowledgeable, customer-driven employee contact me and fix this huge mess that the live chat people created. I want my original account restored with my updated e-mail address, and the second account deleted. This is not how you treat customers!

Office Depot response

Hi Phyllis - So sorry to read about the problems that you have experienced. This should not have been so difficult and I'd like to make this right. Would you please respond to this message or email customer.relations@officedepot.com with your rewards ID and contact info? Upon receipt I'll have someone connect with you and we will definitely get this problem solved.

Cheers!

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Basically robbed of $45. I placed an order in December for a coat and shoe rack. My bank told me that the charge was cancelled on my end because it did not process within the right amount of time. I called Office Depot and cancelled my order because I found out it wasn't going to be shipped until February. I ordered the same exact unit for $5 more on Amazon and got it within 2 days. Just this past weekend my bank account was negative because Office Depot charge me for the unit that I had previously cancelled. After texting and getting on the phone with their awful customer service I was basically told to wait for UPS stand at the door and make sure the package gets rejected because they are unable to do anything.

That is an outright lie. My husband is a warehouse manager and you are actually able to contact UPS and cancel a shipment that's already in transit but this lazy and awful company doesn't want to do anything. My bank account now has to sit negative for God only knows how long and I'm really not certain that I'm actually going to even get my money back from them. This company is a bunch of crooks and awful and lazy horrible people and they deserve to be put out of business and apparently I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Hi Kelly,

I'm sorry to read about the problems you are having. This is not the way we intend to do business and I will be having someone from Executive Customer Relations reach out to you tomorrow to help make things right.

Cheers!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I purchased a HP color Laserjet 5225 thru Officedepot.com on December 2017, when I received the product I was using it with letter size paper and the problem started when I return from holidays (2 weeks out of town) on January when I first try the envelope #10. I called to HP customer service to try to figure out why the envelope came out wrinkle, we tried different configuration on computer and printer without success and the HP support team told me the fuser is too hot, that's why the envelope came that way.

After that I called Office Depot to return the printer, a week later I got a email from Virtual Warehouse Research Specialist that they couldn't accept returns if is more than 30 days from the date of purchase and this order was placed on Saturday, December 2, 2017 and was delivered on Friday, 12/08/2017. If I had known at the beginning that I was going to have this problem obviously I would have returned it before, but I started to use envelope #10 on January. I'm calling to Office Depot several times and I am still waiting a favorable solution. I need to return it to get the credit store to buy other printer, I don't want my money back. I'm so sad because I am very frequent client from Office Depot.

Office Depot response

Paola - Thanks for your message. At Office Depot we put our customers at the center of all we do and I'm sorry you're having a problem. Someone from our Executive Customer Relations Team will be getting in touch with you on Monday to see what we can do to sort this out.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I order some items online on 2/5/2018 and was told by a confirmation that it was to be delivered on 2/6/2018 between 830am and 530pm. It never arrived and I was never contacted by Office Depot or the carrier. Today on 2/7/2018 I was told the delivery company was a third party and that a delivery would be made before 4.30pm. Again no delivery. Everyone is pointing at the other for blame. I bought from Office Depot and that's who is responsible for my merchandise.

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that we let you down and I'd like to help make this right. Someone from our Executive Customer Relations Team will be reaching out to you today to get this sorted out.

Office Depot.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

On Wednesday January 31, 2018 I decided to purchase a external hard drive/flash drive bundle. I had it set up for store pick up, but when I checked my confirmation email it had it as a home delivery. I called the customer service number and spoke to a nice young lady, who said that she sent information over to the warehouse not to ship the item. She was going to help me to place a new order but I declined the offer for fear the same issue happening again.

The aforementioned young lady said I would get an email that showed that the order had been canceled and that the charge to my card would just drop off, meaning the bank wouldn't take the money out of my account. I was fine with this knowledge. Now fast forward to February 6, 2018 and 5 more calls to customer service after the call on the 31st. Normally I wouldn't have been so irritated at this situation, but when I checked my bank account, it showed that the online charge to Office Depot did indeed clear my bank. That was tick number one on my mad meter.

After speaking with numerous individuals in two departments I was told that it would take them 3-10 business days to process my return, to I would get it today, to that I might get it today or tomorrow, by the end of business (unacceptable responses by this time) to, "Oh our application is showing that your account has been credited"; to which my transaction history with my bank shows that it has not been returned to me as of the writing of this review. Will I ever use the online store again, that would be a resounding NO! Will I shop in a physical Office Depot ever again, at this point even I'm questioning if that will happen in the near future. And I'm sad to say that my true rating would really be just an eighth of a star.

Hi Meredith,

I'm sorry to read that you've had such a poor experience with us. We have your contact information based on the order details you provided and I'll have a member of our Executive Customer Relations Team get in touch with you to help straiten this out.

I'm sorry for the difficulty and for letting you down.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I tried purchasing this printer because my co-worker gave me a coupon for $50 off, which was an amazing offer. I set up the printer for home delivery because it would be more convenient for my schedule. After a week of no notification or tracking information, the printer finally ships; however, I wasn't informed that the someone needed to be home to accept the delivery, which I appreciate that policy. So after arranging someone to be at home to accept the package, Office Depot did not deliver in the window of time that they provided. Because I was getting frustrated with the wait, I called their customer service line to arrange store pickup, but for some unknown reason that was never explained to me, they couldn't setup my order for store pickup. So for one final attempt, I tried to have the package delivered and had someone at home to await for the delivery. NO ONE EVER SHOWED UP!!!

After that, I was annoyed and just wanted my refund. At the time of this review, I would now be two weeks that I would be waiting to get my money back, on top of having to request the refund twice because Office Depot cancelled my first request for some unknown reason. I have been calling about every day to check on the status of my refund to make sure it doesn't get cancelled AGAIN and none of the representatives can provide an certain time frame of when to expect my refund, why the first request was cancelled, and why I'm still waiting for it.

Unless you can catch this product on another sale AND purchase it at the store, I would not recommend this experience or purchase. Office Depot has not been helpful or considerate throughout this entire situation. In the time frame it has taken for me to just get my refund, I went out to Best Buy and bought a better printer for a cheaper price. Honestly, if you're looking for a recommendation... GO TO BEST BUY!!!

Office Depot response

Hi Christopher - I'm sorry that you have had such a poor experience with this delivery, this is not the way we intend to treat our customers and I'd like to help make it right.

I have your contact information from the order details you provided and I'll be having our Executive Customer Relations Team reach out to you to get things back on track.

Please expect to hear from us shortly. I'm really sorry we let you down.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I purchased a printer from Office Depot on 1/28/18. Delivery was supposed to be 1/31/18 between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM. It never arrived. I contacted Office Depot and was told that delivery was attempted but access to my condo could not be attained. I was home during this time and all the delivery person had to do was press my apartment number on the outside keypad. That would have contacted my phone and I would have let the delivery person in the building. I was informed that delivery was scheduled for the following day, 2/1/18. I called Office Depot and was informed that the order had been delivered. The problem is that I never received it. My email concerning my order stated that it is still in transit.

Hi Sidney,

Thanks for your feedback, I'm sorry we let you down. I'd also like to make this right and I'll have a member of our Executive Customer Relations Team reach out to you to sort this out. I have your contact information from the order details you provided.

Please expect to hear from us shortly.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I took my phone to Office Depot to get the battery replaced and during the process they broke my earpiece speaker and the front camera. After bringing it back to them they said they have to send it in, and that it would take no longer than five days. It has been a week and nobody has told me anything. I called and they said I could expect it today, but then I track it and it is across the state. It is store number 2661. I am just kinda fed up with them not telling me the truth and not communicating with me. Definitely will not use them again. They did not give me an order number or anything. This seems like a scam.

Office Depot response
Hi Christian - I'm really sorry to read about how we let you down with regard to your battery replacement. Would you mind responding to this message to provide your contact information? I'd like to have someone from our Executive Customer Relations Team look into this for you and make it right.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018 I placed an order for office desk during Thanks Giving 2017. 2 boxes of same type delivered weighing 45 kg each i.e. 90 kg total. I called Office Depot about the issue and ask them to replace one of the box 2/2 with the correct box 1/2. Office Depot sent a fresh set of new boxes 1/2 and 2/2 - Desk issue resolved.

Previously sent 2 boxes 2/2 are still lying at my home. I have called at least 4 times for someone to collect them. Once UPS came with the wrong label of 1 box weighing 2 pounds. There have been service requests after service requests for the same issue but no resolution. They want me to drop two 45 kgs boxes at UPS location that too without any label being sent. How complex is to arrange pick up after 4 to 5 calls?

Hi Rohit,

My name is Casey and I am the Head of Customer Relations here at Office Depot. I'm really sorry to read about the run around that you have received from us and I am going to have a member of our Executive Customer Relations Team get in touch with you to clear this up and make things right.

We have your order information and we'll use the contact information that you provided with the order. I'm sorry we let you down.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Every time I place an order with this company their drivers don't seem to want to deliver the package to the correct address. Customer service and the drivers for Office Depot suck really suck. I placed and order with Office Depot on Jan 17, 2018 for a scanner and white out. The white out made to me the next day with no problem. The scanner was suppose to arrive on wed Jan 24th and it never made. Office Depot never called me to let me know that there was a problem with the address. No instead the driver who never showed up saying the suite number is incorrect. Let me remind you they delivered the second item the next day with no problems. I called today to find out the whereabouts of my package for office depot to tell me that it's on its way back to the company.

Again when was Office Depot was gonna call me and inform me of my package. This makes the third time that office depot has done this. And then for customer service to make it look like it's my fault... How dare you. Customer service entered the address in the system when they asked me for it. Let just say the driver never came to NIH and he took the package home. You have the most lazy drivers I have seen. They know where I work and they have the address. So again the driver took the product and Office Depot is allowing it to happen. I want a full refund of the product and I will never order from this company again. I will also let the folks at NIH know how I was treated by Office Depot.

Hi Cassandra,

My name is Casey and I am the Head of Customer Relations at Office Depot. I read your comment and wanted to personally respond to let you know how sorry I am that we've let you down so many times. This is not the way that we intend to do business.

Since you provided your order details, I will be having a member of our Executive Customer Relations Team get in touch with you today to get to the bottom of this and make things right.

Resolution response: Feb. 8, 2018

I was contacted by Marc from Office Depot's executive customer relations department soon after writing this review. He has kept me informed and up to date on my order's status since then, and he personally oversaw the delivery details. We received the Chromebook yesterday. and I am very satisfied with the customer service I have received since making my initial review.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I ordered a Chromebook in mid-December for my son's Christmas gift, only to find out it was on back order until Jan 22nd. The date finally arrived, but the chromebook did not. My husband and I emailed and called several times, and were told, "We'll call you back when we know something…" Finally I spoke with someone who would give me an answer (I had to call them, of course); she told me the delay was due to the "winter storm", and someone would call me back to let me know when I could expect it. I did finally get an actual callback later that day, only to be told the item was still on back order and would not ship until mid-February. During all of these calls, I got many apologies, excuses. and some flat out lies.

What I did not get were any offers to make things right. I had to ask - many times - for a promise of future communication about my order. The supervisor finally made a note in our order that we should be contacted when the item is ready to ship (not going to hold my breath) and reluctantly offered a discount on the item, which is apparently MY responsibility to call and ask for, once we receive the order. This was my kid's big Christmas present. We pooled $ with the rest of our family to buy it, since he needs it for school. We already had to ask him to wait for almost a month for it; I don't know what to tell him now since I have ZERO faith in the new date they gave me. He's going to be heartbroken.

Hi Katherine,

I'm very sorry to read about your poor experience and I regret that we let you down. I've forwarded your comment over to our Executive Customer Relations Team and one of our folks will reach out to you to help. Rest assured we will get to the bottom of this and make it right!

- Casey

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I purchased items at the store and was supposed to have it delivered within 48 hrs. Never received my purchase. Called both customer service and the store and could not get a straight answer about the status of my order. I was told 5 days straight that my order would come tomorrow. No one knew anything. Complete incompetence on all levels. I will never use them again. Not even to purchase paper clips. Worst ever.

Hi Eduardo,

I just read your comment and wanted to reach out to let you know that I can help. I've assigned your case to our Executive Customer Relations Team and a team member will be reaching out to you today. Rest assured that we will get to the bottom of things and make this right for you.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

My 12 year old daughter's laptop was purchased in May and has now quit working. My mother in law purchased the extended warranty in August. She has since passed away and I'm having the worst time getting any help to submit a claim. I went to the local store where I picked up the laptop originally and was told they couldn't do anything, not even print a duplicate receipt. I then called the receipt reprint number and they said they'd get back to me in 24-48 hours. I just called them back today, 10 days after the original call was placed. They apparently needed more info but didn't bother calling me. I then called SquareTrade (who the warranty is handled thru) and was met with the same resistance to help. They said I need to have the receipt. They can't even look up the product based on the serial number. I had to give my mother in law a picture of the serial number so that she could buy the warranty. It should be on file with SquareTrade.

All of this hassle for a laptop that's have been used less than 20 hours total since May! I'm now at a standstill as I have no options for getting this all sorted out. I've worked retail in the past and at that store we always did everything we could to help the customer. I feel like I've been stonewalled at every turn. I can't be the only person who doesn't have the original receipt.

Hi Jennifer,

I'm sorry about the difficulty and I want to assure you that we can help! Please send a private response with your contact information and I'll have a member of our Executive Customer Relations Team get in touch with you.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

My rewards have been getting stolen out of my account for months. I have called multiple time and each time they reissue the rewards. Once I get an email stating that I have the rewards back, I log in and the rewards are gone. They keep telling me that I have spent them but I have not. This has been going on for months. I finally left some back feedback on their Facebook posts and someone contacted me on Facebook and said they would look into it. She then accused me of using the rewards and trying to get more money out of them. I NEVER have even seen the rewards. It shows purchases where I earn the rewards in my history and it shows that I should have them but they never appear in my account. When I finally got the person on Facebook to realize that my rewards were being stolen she said someone would contact me and to change my password. I logged on to change my password only to find that my pending rewards were also gone now.

Office Depot owes me over $120 in rewards and they cannot even figure out why. From reading some reviews online it seems that others are having the same problem which means that one of 2 things are happening. 1) Someone is hacking Office Depot accounts and stealing reward money which would be horrible since if they can get into your rewards account they can also see saved payment info. Or 2) Office Depot has a major glitch in the computer system, but since you can never talk to someone in America on the phone, there is no way for them to figure it out since no one halfway around the world even cares about reward money being stolen. Hopefully someone will contact me who actually cares. I have been a customer for a long time and I will no longer buy anything from them until this is resolved and I can feel safe shopping on their website again.

Office Depot response

Michael - Thanks for your feedback, I'm sorry to read about the difficulty you're experiencing. A member of our Member Services team here at the Corporate Headquarters will be reaching out to you today in order to get to the bottom of this.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Office Depot advertised buy-one-get-one-free promotion for copy paper. As a Rewards member, I could buy two cases of paper at full price, then get the price of the second case back in Rewards. That was months ago, and no Rewards.

Hi Jack,

I'm sorry to read that you did not receive credit for the rewards that you were expecting and I'd like to look into this for you. Would you please send a private response to this message with your best contact information? Upon receipt I'll get someone from our Member Services Team to connect with you and make this right.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

We purchased 1 laptop on Cyber Monday using the buy online pick up in store option. I selected my husband as the pickup person and he went to Office Depot and they charged him for a second laptop and did not acknowledge that he purchased it online beforehand. Then Office Depot charged us for another laptop... so now we have in our possession 1 laptop and were charged $1400 in one day for 3 laptops...

After 3 weeks we received the refund for one of the extra laptops that Office Depot overcharged us.The second laptop that we never ordered was delivered to our house... we were unable to refuse the package because UPS dropped it off and left. Now Office Depot - will not take back the package. They keep saying they have arranged for a UPS driver to pick up this laptop - that we never ordered and were still charged $401 for - and no one is showing up. I call every day and hear the same thing 3-5 business days when they pick up this package. This has been going on for 5 weeks now. Just to recap they took an extra $890 from our account and shipped us a laptop we never ordered and have yet to refund us $400... I have talked with 11 customer service representatives to date and not a single one of them knows what they're doing which is why we are in the position that we are in. We will NEVER purchase anything from Office Depot again.

Office Depot response

Thanks for your message, I'm sorry that this has been such a poor experience. What you describe does not reflect the way that we intend to treat our customers. I've forwarded your order details to our Executive Customer Relations Team and they will be reaching out to you to make sure your money is refunded and that things are made right.

Office Depot Company Information