3.7/5 (993 ratings)

About Office Depot

Office Depot and OfficeMax sell office supplies, furniture, school supplies, cleaning products and electronics. With 1,300 stores nationwide, customers can take advantage of Office Depot’s and OfficeMax’s in-store services, including printing, copying, tech services, shredding and storage. All products are available online and in-store.

Office Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

Original review: March 5, 2022

I had a problem with ink purchases and rewards. After 4 calls to the rewards number I gave up and went to talk to Store Manager Mike **. He investigated the issue, explained everything and took care of the problem quickly. Mike was very professional, knowledgeable and eager to help me with the solution. Excellent customer service from him that I really appreciate. Halle and Andrew also were there to help, and they have helped me in the past. This store is very well-managed. The staff is always friendly and able to answer questions, find what I'm looking for, provide tech support, and advise which items would best suit my needs. I would give ten stars if I could!

Original review: March 4, 2022

Found exactly what I had been looking for. Bought a matching desk, small file cabinet, leather desk chair, and a bookcase. Zach, the store employee was very helpful and polite and courteous. The lady at the register was just as nice, and remembered me by name when I returned the next day to pick up the merchandise. Chris loaded every item by hand, and did it with a smile and kind words. The entire experience was awesome, and I’m very pleased with my office furniture and the way I was treated!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I just want to recommend Taylor in Copy Services at the Avondale, AZ store. She was very knowledgeable and helpful and made my experience stress-free. I wanted to enlarge a piece of my art. This was one time when showing up in person worked better than an online process.

Office Depot response

The comment was forwarded to store DM and GM to acknowledge the employee

Robert Brown

Executive Customer Relations | Office Depot

6600 North Military Trail | Boca Raton, FL 33496 - C302B

Tel: 561.430.2308 | robert.brown2@officedepot.com

Original review: June 13, 2021

The service manager was fantastic!!! The store on 245 E Bell Rd!! Her name is **!! She is the BEST!!! I would have never shopped at this store again if it was not for her knowledge and great attitude to help!! Thank you **.

Dear Venus,

Thank you for letting us know about the excellent service you receive from one of our stores. I would love to be able to share your comment with the management staff. Would you please reach out with more details to customer.relations@officedepot.com, so your thank you can be shared?

Sincerely,

Vera B
    Executive Customer Relations

210620-000024

Resolution response: May 20, 2022

Customer relations reached out and resolved this issue quickly and provided the results I desired.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I made an $800 purchase to include a desk, wireless keyboard and mouse, calculator, pens and a desk pad. The calculator and desk pad were the only items to be shipped to me, the others I picked up from the store. I received the calculator, but did not receive the desk pad. Originally, since the desk pad was coming from a third party, I was given an expected ship date of 5/2/22. I received the calculator only on 4/23/22 but customer service is insisting that I received both items. I never received the desk pad. I have been calling for nearly two weeks speaking with various customer service people who escalate the call. Next day, I receive a copy and paste email saying it was delivered. No matter how many times I tell them I never received the item, I’m told it was delivered. At this point, I will dispute with my credit card company. But, I have never had such a terrible experience in my life with a retailer. Never again will I do business with this “company”. Terrible.

Hi Tracy,

Hope this email finds you well. I am following up because I have not heard back from you. I am glad to help! I just need a bit more information. Please contact me directly and provide your order number, the SKU number of the item you are missing, and your best contact information for further assistance.

Sincerely,

Teasha Bell
    Executive Customer Relations | Office Depot
    6600 North Military Trail | Boca Raton, FL 33496

Tel: (817) 381-1035 | teasha.bell@officedepot.com

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 28, 2022

Wanted to take a moment to let you know why I will no longer order from the company you have invested in. I am a small buyer, not a lot of dollar value in me. I run my own small business that depended on yours to live up to its promises. You were unable to do so. I sell a lot of very fragile stemware and china. I need quality, environmentally friendly packing peanuts which I have been, mostly successfully, ordering through you. I would have preferred to do a store pickup for this order but this item was out of stock locally. Your website told me I could have this delivered, with a minimum dollar amount ordered, in two days. I placed an order for six bags (more than I wanted, but I had to meet that minimum) of Office Depot brand packing peanuts. I placed an order on 25 April 2022 with Next Business Day Delivery.

I have included a PDF with screenshots of my order confirmation and my delivery confirmation. Neither state anywhere that I must reach out to the carrier to arrange delivery. I have received no email from the carrier, Saia, stating that I need to coordinate with them to arrange delivery. I did not receive my order on the 27th. When I checked tracking it looked like it had never even shipped. I reached out to customer service on the morning of the 28th about this issue. After getting past the 'bot' and reaching a real person I was told this was my fault because I did not arrange delivery with the carrier. This was all the agent was capable of telling me. They could not tell me where I should have found those instructions, only that I should have done so.

"Your order has shipped" in bold across the top of the shipping confirmation email I received is untrue. The exact reply I received was, "my order shipped on time but carrier advised they would need you to call for the delivery schedule." But the agent could not tell me where, when or how I was informed of this. The next reply from said agent was a copy of "Per carrier info: DELIVERY APPOINTMENT REQUIRED. FOR APPOINTMENTS CALL 18004567296." I did not appreciate being shouted at by text. Your agents are quite rude. Again, that agent could not tell me where that was included in ANY communication from Office Depot.

I requested a manager with authority to resolve this quickly and competently reach out to me. Twenty five minutes later Ronnett reached out to me and this was the initial reply I received. "I did manage to review your query and I am seeing that your order was not delivered to you since you did not make contact with Saia to schedule a pickup date." I asked your supervisor to tell me where I was informed that I needed to arrange this. I was told this should have been communicated by email (It was not) and they weren't' sure I received the email. I was not informed who the email should have come from but I have no such email from Office Depot or Saia. I also do not appreciate your agents trying to make this issue my fault as it clearly is not.

I, again, asked to be connected with someone who could resolve this as I do not have time to waste. I needed my order delivered today. Ronnett informed me that they had reached out to Saia but the earliest they can deliver is tomorrow. This is unacceptable. I have reached out to ULIINE. They can guarantee next day delivery for orders placed before 6pm. This is from Los Angeles to Tucson. You only had to ship Phoenix to Tucson.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 27, 2022

I purchased an $1,800 laptop online that this company made available fraudulently online. Took my funds from my bank account then did it return those funds back to me. I am writing to every Office Depot resource available with this company. I'm sure if consumer documents were subpoenaed there could be a great lawsuit here, I have a feeling that I'm not the only one. This is poor unethical businesses using a scam technique to obtain the consumer's funds and freezing those funds when they are needed by not returning them.

Original review: April 16, 2022

Office Depot is worst store I ever see. All items are much expensive than Walmart and other store. Their items are very bad. Customer service is very lazy and very bad. They won't answer your questions. Their timings are very odd.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I ordered a 3-hole punch online but their website went down before I could complete my purchase. I logged in again, checked that my cart was empty and re-ordered the item. The first time I used $15+ in my rewards against my order, I wasn't able to do this the 2nd time I tried to purchase the punch. I RECEIVED 2 3-HOLE PUNCHES. I returned the extra punch after getting a return UPS shipping label. My credit should be for the higher invoice so I'm able to use my rewards, but after 4 contacts with Office Depot, Customer "Service" keeps giving me credit for the lower invoice, effectively stealing my rewards. There's no phone number to call that I can find, and their chat keeps wanting to cut me off while I'm still typing. It's not the dollar amount, it's the dishonesty. Oh! Office Depot first told me to to pay the total amount due with both invoices, more than I legally owe, and they'd mail me a check "in 2-3 weeks" for my refund. Right.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I called my local FedEx representative and he said since FedEx had not picked up the package I could call and get them to change delivery for Saturday. Office Depot would not do this. Never ship FedEx from Office Depot.

Office Depot Company Information