2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.65/5
Based on 2,010 ratings submitted in the last year

Office Depot and OfficeMax sell office supplies, furniture, school supplies, cleaning products and electronics. With 1,300 stores nationwide, customers can take advantage of Office Depot’s and OfficeMax’s in-store services, including printing, copying, tech services, shredding and storage. All products are available online and in-store.

Office Depot Learn More

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Office Depot Reviews

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I must admit I was expecting to hear I needed to use the coupon at the time of order, but was pleasantly surprised to have my request easily handled and my order revised to reflect the coupon amount. That is the way to keep customers happy and coming back. Staples could learn something from this!

Office Depot response

Thank you for your kind words Karen! We appreciate your business.

Casey A

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I went to an Office Depot near me and was not planning on buying any furniture. The associate that took care of me listened to what I was searching for and provided me with the best solution. I cannot say enough great things about this establishment (Lake Worth Rd & Military Trail - Palm Beach County, FL). Every time I've been to this particular store I was treated with respect and professionalism. I know everyone's experience is different, however, I have no complaints!! If Office Depot wishes to contact me about my experience, please do so. I would be more than happy to share.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I brought three of my (YourCreativeChord.com) original photo nature calendar designs to Michelle of Office Depot on New Circle Rd, Lexington, KY. She was meticulous, thorough, called and emailed several times to correct and confirm changes with me. She went above and beyond to help me with my questions, helping me find the best bargain with top quality options. She and her manager also offered an additional discount due to the bulk volume I purchased.

Considering I'd left a competing store (Staples on War Admiral Way, Lexington) prior to arriving at this store, where a male worker and his manager offered zero customer service or expertise, and in fact were rude and dismissive of me and offered incorrect information (hence I left and came to Office Depot), I am completely satisfied, over the moon proud of the meticulous customer service Michelle at Office Depot concluded. My calendars turned out stunningly beautiful, with every detail I'd requested. I will from now on use Office Depot and recommend it highly to anyone--especially over that lesser, competing store.

Office Depot response

Hi Jenny! Thanks so much for your kind words about Michelle and the experience that she provided you with. Each of us at Office Depot wants to delight our customers and it's always rewarding to know when we have succeeded. You can rest assured that I'll share this comment with Michelle's leadership team so that she can be recognized for taking such good care of you.

Thank you for giving us the chance to earn your business!

Sincerely,

Casey A

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I purchased a desk from Office Depot and the next day the desk went on sale. I contacted customer service through online chat and after 45 minutes I was offered a refund for the difference in the sale price. I was told 7 to 10 business days. After 21 days and no refund I made an attempt to contact them again. No response by email. I contacted the BBB and received a reply in 2 days. They assured me that there was a issue with the transaction but they were issuing my refund that day. I waited until the refund showed in my account before closing the bbb complaint. After closing the complaint, the next day office depot had taken the refund from my account. What kind of business does this type of obvious theft? I was also promised an e gift card which I never received but don't care about now because I will never use this business again! I just want my refund and they stole it from my account with no explanation! Beware of these crooks.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I found a beautiful desk on their site. I ordered it April 18th and was given an expected delivery date for early May due to shipping delays. This was to be expected given the pandemic and I was fine with that. A few days before the desk was due to arrive I contacted customer service and asked if the desk was still going to arrive on the expected date. The man on the phone was incredibly rude in tone and words. Acted like I was some annoying ** and was stupid and couldn't read an expected delivery date. I kept trying to explain I know the date says May X, but I wanted to check as these estimates can change. Mr. Rude emphasized it again like I was dumb and assured me the desk would be on its way shortly.

I waited until the expected date came before I contacted again as I wondered if a shipping email failed to send which can happen. No desk. I reach out to customer service again and speak to a polite person this time who tells me the desk has not been in a stock for a while and there is no expected restock date and the desk may not be restocked. Mr. Rude straight up lied to me and was a mean person to boot. I then asked if they could get any answers for a desk that I already gave payment info for. I was forwarded to the resolutions team and finally got an email from them.

The resolutions team said they reached out to the manufacturer and the manufacturer requested 24 hours. I waited FOUR days. Nothing. Emailed again. Manufacturer needs another 24 hours. Another WEEK passes. Nothing. Finally I decided to cancel my order because this whole process has been completely ridiculous and I was as patient as I could be. So much time wasted. And I had to deal with a very mean customer service rep too. I worked customer service, it's not that hard to not act horrible to customers. Also, don't lie, not hard.

I think Office Depot's practice of selling an item with no known restocking date is fraudulent. Wayfair will say an item is due to restock X month, X day but won't let you even buy it unless they know they'll have it. Office Depot should not sell products they do not actually have and have no idea if they will ever get again. They also should work with customer service reps so that they're not horrible to customers. I don't know if it's because I'm a woman (which is a thing for some men), but I have never had such a terrible customer service experience as I had this time trying to get a desk that literally does not exist. The overall experience with this company has been terrible. I took my business elsewhere – to a company that is actually reliable and treats customers well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

Original review: May 7, 2020

I hope this reviews helps other people to make a better choice before shopping at Office Depot. I recently bought an active pen for my computer and when I received it, it was damaged. I called Office Depot to ask about the return steps but every time I called (I called 4 times!!!), they made me hold for over an hour! The first time I called, I received an email from someone saying I had to reorder the item again because the vendor did not accept returns!? So far, I've been calling all week and still no solution! When I decided to write a review, I thought I was just unlucky but after checking some online reviews, it seems like it is more common than it should be!! It's time to improve your customer service!

Original review: May 7, 2020

Customer service at the Office Depot/Max store on Willamette in Eugene, Oregon: Texted me that my order was ready to pick up in their store. When I got there, only half of order was there & other half was going to be delivered the next day. However, I ordered both items at the same time & specified to be picked up in store. The missing item was priced at $14.99 plus $11.95 delivery charge! NO WAY would I pay that much for delivery! They offered to swap out the item in store & credit the delivery which would have been fine but they had to do paperwork & I had an appointment & had to leave.

The clerk that helped me wanted to see my order confirmation, when I showed him on the screen, he put his UNGLOVED FINGERS ON MY PHONE SCREEN to make it bigger & when I yelled at him to stop he got offended. I came back after my appointment & got the item & supposedly a credit for the prior order & delivery although I haven't seen the credit yet & that store will not answer their phone! I will never do business with that store again & will try the other office depot store in town but if they are as incompetent, I will find another office supply vendor after over 30 years with Office depot!

Original review: April 20, 2020

Ordered a bookcase and was told there isn't any tracking number. This will foul up my entire schedule... I will not be here to accept package so I will leave note to SEND IT BACK. I also cannot understand these customer service people with their broken english.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Buyer beware: I placed an order online on 4-12-2020 with a delivery date of 4-14-2020. I went to track my order and it says that it was delivered even though I never received my items. I called customer service and after being on hold for 18 minutes, I was told that contrary to what the order tracker says my order has not even been delivered. Turns out the item is on backorder and I am on a wait list. None of this was even communicated to me at any point. There is no ETA as to when the items will be in stock, though they have no problem charging my debit card for them. I was assured by the customer service agent that I would be notified when the items are back in stock and shipped to me. I take this with a grain of salt because I was never told that the items were out of stock and not going to be shipped. Poor communication and customer service.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I ordered toilet paper online. Their site said they it in stock. I received an email it was delivered, but it never arrived. I called and was told it was actually out of stock and I’d have to wait. I wrote a negative but polite review and got an email they declined to add to their reviews. I guess they only want positive reviews. It makes no sense to send me an email they’ve delivered a product along with a supply chain timeline when it was all false. I was worried the pkg was stolen and their customer service line seemed to have a script to read and not deviate from. Absolute lack any care. I’ll take my business elsewhere. Considering the issues with the economy, one would think they’d at least focus on excelling at what is in their control. Everyone understands shortages of supplies. What I don’t understand is their deceitfulness.

Office Depot Company Information