3.69/5
Based on 1,496 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Office Depot

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Office Depot Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I went to an Office Depot near me and was not planning on buying any furniture. The associate that took care of me listened to what I was searching for and provided me with the best solution. I cannot say enough great things about this establishment (Lake Worth Rd & Military Trail - Palm Beach County, FL). Every time I've been to this particular store I was treated with respect and professionalism. I know everyone's experience is different, however, I have no complaints!! If Office Depot wishes to contact me about my experience, please do so. I would be more than happy to share.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

The worst customer service I have ever experienced in all my years of dealing with business establishments. Office Depot had the most incompetent, unprofessional and untrained manager ever. I went into Office Depot to take advantage of a clearance sale and everything was going fine until I was forced to complain about a sales person's rudeness. I made the mistake of requesting to speak to a manager only to encounter what I would describe as the manager from you know where. Instead of deescalating the situation she became verbally abusive and threw me out of the store after she unloaded a slew of false accusations. I thought for sure that she must have confused me with someone else. I didn't realize that managers could stoop to such unprofessional levels.

When I tried to defend myself by telling her that she must be confusing me with someone else. She threw me out of her store and instructed her subordinates not to serve me. To add insult to injury this manager called the local police on me after throwing me out of the store and lied to the police stating that I was being rude, loud and disorderly, and banned me from the store. I was not even allowed to remove my $860. purchase from the premises without being risk with being charged with trespassing. I am shocked that in this day and age a manager could model such poor behavior for her staff. Luckily for me I have the whole incident captured on video. Thank God for cell phones. When I reported it to her District Manager, I was not given an apology and merely got a mediocre response that she would talk to her. Wow!! I should have follow my first choice and gotten my items from Amazon!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I ordered some duplicated copies from Office Depot/Max printing center. They did Bad and unprofessional work. After asking for redo, which they should, still unprofessional looking, I was talking to them and gave the reason for why they were not good. Rather self checking why couldn't come out a good job, they said was my original copy had problem. I said my original copy is professional looking. I was asked to pay the new computer work in order to come out a better copies, which I did. After 2, 3 weeks, I went into the store quite few times. The copies was ready and nobody called me, because had prior problem. I was cautious about their printing work, so I went though and found some bad ones. The lady offered to redo them, and I picked the rest of them.

Today, few months later, I went in to try to pick up the rest of copies. The different lady at printing center asked few questions. As soon as I told her what I need, she immediately told me they no longer had any duplicated copies. I was surprised she could respond that quick and sure. I asked the question again and explained the process, and she was so sure without even looking at me or went to checked. When I try to make sure again, she ignored me and didn't hear me anymore. I was standing there very awkward. Never thought I was such unwelcome customer after more than 20yrs working with office depot. She was cold, disrespectful, and I was such unwelcome customer. After leaving the store, I knew I would not go into there anymore.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I ordered QuickBooks Desktop Pro online and received QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus. Called Office Depot to complain about receiving the wrong product. Spoke with multiple representatives, was promised that I would receive a call back within 24 hours. I called the next day and was promised a call back within 24 hours. I called again the third day and was promised a call back within 24 hours. It has now been 7 days and I have not received any calls from office depot. Very disappointed in their customer service. I would not recommend buying anything from office depot online.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Ordered a mat 9/1 for next bus day delivery for 9/4 when I'd be home. After 8PM 9/4, got message carrier ran out of time. Since not home during week, arranged for 9/9 delivery-and they never showed-again!

Hi Marie,

Thank you for sharing your experience, this is certainly not acceptable and we'd like to address it. Would you kindly reply with your order details and contact info? I'll have my team get in touch with you to sort this out quickly.

Office Depot, Inc.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I brought three of my (YourCreativeChord.com) original photo nature calendar designs to Michelle of Office Depot on New Circle Rd, Lexington, KY. She was meticulous, thorough, called and emailed several times to correct and confirm changes with me. She went above and beyond to help me with my questions, helping me find the best bargain with top quality options. She and her manager also offered an additional discount due to the bulk volume I purchased.

Considering I'd left a competing store (Staples on War Admiral Way, Lexington) prior to arriving at this store, where a male worker and his manager offered zero customer service or expertise, and in fact were rude and dismissive of me and offered incorrect information (hence I left and came to Office Depot), I am completely satisfied, over the moon proud of the meticulous customer service Michelle at Office Depot concluded. My calendars turned out stunningly beautiful, with every detail I'd requested. I will from now on use Office Depot and recommend it highly to anyone--especially over that lesser, competing store.

Office Depot response

Hi Jenny! Thanks so much for your kind words about Michelle and the experience that she provided you with. Each of us at Office Depot wants to delight our customers and it's always rewarding to know when we have succeeded. You can rest assured that I'll share this comment with Michelle's leadership team so that she can be recognized for taking such good care of you.

Thank you for giving us the chance to earn your business!

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Updated on 09/13/2019: On August 20, 2019, I noticed a fraudulent charge on my Office Depot credit card. I immediately contacted Office Depot by telephone, which I was on hold for over an hour without any response. I then went online to my account and sent a secure message that I did not authorize this charge. My email was sent to Citi Retail Services who is part of Citibank. I received a letter in the mail on September 4, 2019 stating I was responsible for this charge. After reviewing the description of the purchase, it stated it was made in Rosedale, MD and they accepted a LINE as a signature. I live and work in Florida full time and was nowhere near Maryland at the time of this purchase.

I quickly contacted Office Depot letting them know this and I thought it was unacceptable that they would accept a line as a signature. I was told by a Customer Advocate in Customer Relations that they apologized and were investigating further. Have now received an email that Office Depot/Citibank has put a derogatory comment on my credit report. I believe this is unacceptable and there is no security in place for their valued customers. I'm beyond myself that I am being treated this way, as now I am fighting a second fraudulent charge on my Office Depot credit card from September 3, 2019. I would never recommend anyone applying for any type of Office Depot card or Citibank card.

Original review: I have 2 fraudulent charges on my Office Depot credit card. When I called to speak to someone, I sat on hold for over an hour for 2 days straight with no one ever picking up. I’ve never dealt with a company with such horrible service. All I want to do is get these charges removed.

Hi Amy,

Sorry to read that you are having difficulty reporting the unauthorized charges. Would you please respond to this message with your contact info? I'd like to have our corporate team reach out to you and help you get this matter solved.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I bought a calculator online because it showed it was IN STOCK at my local Office Depot. The next day, when I was going to pick it up, I received a TEXT that said "there is a problem with my order and that a manager would contact me." After about 6 hours of not hearing from a manager, I finally called myself and was told that they don't have it in stock (even though I paid for it online and it said it was in stock). So... Ok, it happens I guess... But, the employee did not offer ANY TYPE of help or apology whatsoever. So, I asked if he could tell me where to find this particular calculator and he told me to call other stores. I asked him since it was already paid for, could he locate one for me. He put me on hold and another employee picked up and said it showed there was one at another local store.

I asked him if he could call to verify because obviously the computer isn't always right considering what happened. He did call for me and put one on hold. So, I travelled farther to the next store and they did have it on hold for me (the ONE THING they got right). I purchased it AGAIN using a credit card and I specifically asked the clerk for a refund for the one that I had purchased online. He said the charge would not go through and I would not be charged twice. Well... 3 weeks later and the charge is still showing on my PayPal account as "pending" and over an hour on the phone with customer service and they said there is nothing they can do to get that pending charge to go away.

They suggested I call PayPal. So, I did and guess what PayPal said? They said they can't help me because Office Depot is the only one that can cancel the charge. I could not be more frustrated. So, I guess Office Depot will forever have this money for an item that I was now charged for twice because I'm stuck in the middle of Office Depot and PayPal both saying they can't cancel the charge. I will NEVER buy another product from this company.

Office Depot response

Hi Angela! I'm sorry about the mix up with your order and I'd like to help. Would you please send me your contact information along with the order number for the first order? I will have our team follow up and ensure that you are credited.

I'm very sorry that we did not handle this situation with the urgency that it required when you first contacted us at the store and I'll do my best to get this taken care of as quickly as we can.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I ordered a set of cubicles for my office. The order came with the option to have it installed. The product said it would need an electrician to wire it and recommended having them install it for you. So first the product was delivered a month after promised. Then when the product came they couldn't get an installer out. The set a date that was about 90 days after the order date. About a week before it was supposed to be installed they called and said they had changed the install date to the next day.

When the guy came and opened the package there were several parts missing and one piece damaged. He put it together but apparently was not an electrician and could not do that part. Going back and looking at the install description I can see that it is vague enough that it might not include the electrician but since it was over $1000 we assumed it included that. We have attempted to contact the installation company multiple times and have received no response from either them or Office Depot regarding issues. To top it off every time I try to give the product a review on the Office Depot website they reject it for being "too vague." Either way I would absolutely not buy this at Office Depot.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I placed an Office Depot order with 2 day delivery. After not hearing anything for 8 days, I contacted them, first via email (twice) then phone. Ultimately they said that they were having difficulty locating my address and cancelled my order. They urged me to re-order, but why would I do that when they couldn't find my address? This was the second time in a row that this has happened after years of excellent delivery service. I was offered an apology, told that they had replaced my order in their system and I could log on and give them my credit information. I get packages here every day from UPS, FedEx, and the postal service. Customer service is poor and obviously, they can't find their way out of a paper bag.

Hi Deb,

I'm really sorry that we let you down with this last delivery. I'd really like to have our team make this right, would you mind sending me your contact info and order details? I'll be happy to have someone follow up with you to address this.

We appreciate your business and your feedback!

Office Depot Company Information