3.28/5
Based on 196 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

834 Office Depot Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 22, 2018

I hope they don’t delete my review. I simply had the worst customer service with Office Depot, my first purchase with them and definitely never doing it again. I purchased it during the morning, it said very clear that I could order to pick up and it would be ready in one hour at the store. Fine, 3h after that I drove all the way to the store to find out it was pending (even though they took my money out of my account, of course). I called the customer service later, after complain a lot (and the only thing they could say was “we can’t do anything”), they told me my order would be ready in 1h. Fine, 2h later and NOTHING. They told me it takes 24h to “process” the payment and THEN I would be able to pick it up, even if they advertise 1h for pick up in store (and it was in stock, of course).

Was 7 pm when I gave up and asked for my money back. Funny because they told me it takes 7 days to refund even though they said I wasn’t able to get my item because they didn’t process the payment. So how it takes 7 days to get a refund of a money they claim they don’t have it? I even thought I should just get my money back and buy it at the store, but they only refund 7 days after. I decided to go to the corner to the Best Buy and I bought a better computer for $100 less. I never purchased on Office Depot before of that and will never do it again. Worst experience ever and worst customer service ever.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Two orders, on different days were attempted on the Office Depot website, I selected Payment with PayPal, directed onto PayPal, completed the PayPal transactions, the Office Depot send order button fails to transmit the order. Office Depot customer service has received from me a screenshot with the Office Depot order number and showing products purchased, itemized & total cost incl tax, as well as the PayPal transaction number.

PayPal payments are still currently awaiting capture by Office Depot. Office Depot customer support claims they can do nothing. (Payments will time out in a few months from now, if and when not captured.) I have spoken with customer service supervisors and customer service personnel, the only solution being offered is again order but this time give us your credit card, don't use PayPal for payment.

Updated on 06/17/2018: I placed an order for product, utilizing PayPal as payment. I want the order fulfilled. The money is available for you, just claim the payment. I find it unacceptable that I need to reorder yet again submitting yet another payment for you to process. One of your customer service representatives has sent me a copy of a communication submitted to corporate in which he states. "I hope we can advise PayPal to take off those pending charges." Does this mean you decline to fulfill my order and don't accept PayPal as a payment source?

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 6, 2018

I placed an order with Office Depot in April. The end of May, my bank account was charged again. I did not place a second order, I did not receive a second order, I did not want a second order. I called on 02 June and spoke to Person #1 (logged) and was assured I would be contacted with the resolution within 48 hours. I was not. On Wednesday 06 June I called and spoke to Person #2 (logged) and was issued a Service Request #, and advised I would be contacted within four hours. I was not.

I called again on 06 June, 4 1/2 hours later, and spoke to Person #3 (logged), who advised there was no Service Request # for me. It took ten minutes of wrangling with Person #3 to be allowed to speak to a Supervisor. And when I finally did, the Supervisor (name logged) told me the Technical Department was working on the problem, had labelled it a "Fraudulent Charge" and they would telephone me within one hour. I said I wanted to speak to the person who was working on the problem, and the Supervisor then advised me that this department could not receive outside calls nor make outside calls. Then how were they going to call me within the next hour? The Supervisor said, "Thank you for calling and have a nice day."

My complaints are: 1. Keeping my credit card information on file, against my expressed wishes. 2. Fraudulent Charge as a result of the above. 3. Fraudulent Charge not easily rectified. 4. Continued promises of return calls, emails, contact, not kept. 5. Customer Services reps intent on sticking to a nonsense script that offers no solutions to the problem at hand. All this because I couldn't find a refill for my pen, so ordered a $9 set of two, and paid $10 mailing fee. Office Depot is just another large corporation that is playing it by the numbers, and any one individual customer has little value to the Board of Directors.

Office Depot response

Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry that you've had a difficult experience with us. We have your contact information and a member of our team will be contacting you directly to ensure that this matter is resolved.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 5, 2018

No 4 letter words...no HATE...simply state the company runs promotions with no stock to back it up. Their Service Reps will order the product...but snidely remind the customer: "It will be at full price". Simply put, do not trust Office Depot/Office Max online reviews: they only want to publish the good and reject anything that seems negative which would help the consumer and ultimately their management.

Office Depot response

Hi Edward, I'm sorry to read about your difficult shopping experience. This is not the way that we intend to treat our customers and I regret letting you down. A member of our team will be reaching out to you to address this. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!

Original review: June 4, 2018

I like the experience of shopping there. It's a great place to shop with a great selection of products I'd be proud to buy. If Office Depot was extremely close to me I'd shop there more frequently.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

Original review: June 4, 2018

I had an awesome overall experience with this furniture store. They offer great furniture selections. And the staff was very friendly and helpful. But they need to offer more sales and promotions. But I like the great variety of name brand furniture that they have and that they have very stylish and contemporary furniture. I also like the great furniture designs. They the best furniture store.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I trust Office Depot to have what I need for many household appliances, and I just really like the store. It is organized and has almost anything I need for woodworking. There are just so many things to look at when I go shopping at Office Depot. I like all the choices that I have in deciding what to buy. However, it is not always easy to get certain types of wood. The carts for carrying the wood are pretty weird too. It is not always easy trying to find what I need, since there is just so much stuff.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I enjoy shopping there altogether. I love the people there, the items they sell and the people who help me find stuff. It seems really cool to drive there and take a look at all the new stuff they have to offer.

Original review: June 3, 2018

It was easy to find what I was looking for and associates were helpful. The store was clean. The displays looked good and made picking out a desk an enjoyable experience. I found a very good desk that I bought when I started up my business. Delivery was provided, so that too was very helpful. I would definitely consider returning. However, sometimes, the associates could be a little too pushy. It was pretty clear that they were working on a commission and did not always have my interests at heart.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I liked the sale they had on brown soft leather or faux leather desk chairs. It has been over 10 years ago, but fortunately they have very durable chairs. It was such a good deal I told my Dad and he decided to get a new office desk chair too. They do not have much of a selection of filing cabinets. I was mainly interested in a casual looking chair. The chair needed to be able to swivel, have wheels on bottom of legs, be the correct color to fit into my decor at home. Primarily I was in the market for a new office chair. Specifically a desk chair that can be adjusted in height. It needed to be washable, not fabric.

The physical stores only have so much showroom floor space & a lot less warehouse storage in back of their stores but if they are having a promotion they should have a larger in house stock at these times. In many of the brick & mortar stores do not have a wide variety of desk chairs or what some furniture stores classify as Presidential style chairs. There were not enough salespersons that had adequate sales experience or knowledge about the chairs in stock. Sometimes it is easier to look on Internet website to find what you want and then order online.

Some of the chairs are very uncomfortable or waiting room chairs were too tall, making it hard on a person's back and legs. Need a better variety and more reasonable prices. Some chairs had high backs which gave nice neck and head support but they were very pricey. Also, the designs or styles were not always adaptable to the needs of the many, only a few. There are short people that need to find the correct size to fit their frame, width, height & their personal taste in style.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I enjoyed the help the associates gave me and that's why I choose this store. They had a decent selection of nice chairs and desk items that caught my attention. The prices were good, and they had nice displays of the items they were selling.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I chose Office Depot to buy a computer chair from because they had what I wanted for a good price. The location of the store was also very convenient for me to go to. I like how it isn't centered just around furniture itself. It is a full office supply store where I was able to get a computer chair and also things I needed for the printer at home. I think they could add more furniture such as couches even though it's an office supply store. It would make it less of a hassle when shopping for a couch for a room in an office building.

Original review: June 1, 2018

The employees are always pleasant and helpful. The shelves are usually well stocked with a good variety of items in each category, with great price options.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I like their selection of office chairs and the features that those include. The sales associates are helpful and knowledgeable. The layout of the store makes it easy to find what one is looking for. Their sales are substantial. Also, the location was convenient and they had a good sale on office chairs when I needed a new one. The sales circular made everything look appealing and worth it. I liked their prices better than other stores nearby. The furniture store is clean and well-organized. However, it only has office type furniture and no other kinds.

Original review: June 1, 2018

From my experience they have the best help and can customize things and talk you thru it and they have so many options you can do the whole room. There were so many choices to see on display. It is a fun store to shop at 'cause there are so many things to look at and get ideas from and they can talk you thru what would go good together. The store is great and a ton of fun to look around at besides what you are there shopping for. This is a great place. They also deliver and set up.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My experience was great, and the store had the product I wanted. And the layout was fine making it easy to find my product. Convince was a huge factor as well since I didn't want to purchase my chair online. The employee was helpful and kind in answering my questions, and I would recommend it. The chair I bought is the perfect size for me, comfortable, at a decent price, in the color I wanted, it's easy to put away when I'm not using it making the chair perfect for my room.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Between all nearby stores that could've gotten me my chair, Office Depot is a reliable name that I am familiar with more than others. There isn't as much variety as other stores like IKEA, but it's still useful due to its proximity to my home. It offers a very strict selection and there are much better options on their online store. I like that the chair is flexible and durable. It's particularly fitting for where I placed it in my home; I needed a rotating chair for my work desk to use for extended periods of time. It's a vast upgrade from my regular, wooden chair I used before.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Office Depot has great sales on office furniture. Has wide variety of furniture from low prices to higher end, more expensive items. Has many different types of furniture to choose from with matching accessories. They need more color/style varieties though. More exotic/harder to find office furniture. Also have better tracking of ordered items and better customer service options when help is needed. But they offered better prices on the furniture I was looking for with options that was not available at other furniture stores/retailers. Added extra discount due to a issue with placing order.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Bought printer cartridges at Office Depot. They didn't work. Store refused to refund, because it had been more than 14 days and I couldn't return them in person (live 200 miles away).

Original review: May 30, 2018

I choose this store because of their awesome quality furniture. Their customer service is always great too. And no one should be afraid to buy furniture from Office Depot. I been buying furniture from Office Depot for a long time and I'm extremely satisfied. However, if they provide better discount I'm confident more people will buy their furniture. A discount like 15 percent off would be awesome.

Original review: May 30, 2018

This store was easy to get to and had the furniture that I needed at a price that I could afford. They make the furniture available to you to try and sit on. They also will deliver the furniture to you so you don't have to personally have a truck in order to buy from this store. But I wish they offered furniture that would come in multiple colors and if the furniture could be of a little higher quality. It would also be nice if they offered a few more types of storage furniture and not just the office. Furthermore, it would have been nicer to have a sales associate to help us with what would fit in what space at your office.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I can find exactly what I’m looking for - style, color, etc. If it’s not there you can order it. Good selection and quality pieces. I have never been disappointed with a purchase from there. They have not helpful salespeople though. I had to really search for people to assist me. Sometimes the sales people were rude and acted like you were wasting their time by asking questions. But it's the closest place to my home and heard good experiences from others. I also found what I needed for a great price. I would definitely return to this store again.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Office Depot was great. I asked for help finding a specific model of desk and the employee walked around the section with me helping me find the desk I needed. I like the variety of options that the store offers, the sales staff are very knowledgeable and friendly and help you find whatever it is you are looking for with speed and care. The layout is great and the pricing is fantastic.

Original review: May 28, 2018

As of 2 days ago there is a sale for 20% off tech furniture appliances etc. It says so across the Office Depot site in giant letters on a red banner. Office Depot support claims they do not see this banner and are unsure what 20% off sale I am referring to. An hour after the sale was listed several items were flat out removed from the site. Not sold out but completely unavailable until further notice. Now I would suck it up but I can't even get a price match as the website doesn't list a price for "item no longer available". Support via Twitter and other websites results in a response followed by complete confusion on the part of any employee or support specialist and then being completely ignored for hours and days. Entry into most if not all stores prove that there are no in store advertisements for events (luckily the website specifies this applies in ALL stores) and that they just don't sell in store the majority of the items they sell online.

Listed the ad and within an hour they removed so many big ticket tech items. I'm not sure what the sale is for anymore? Nothing tech related can even be purchased on the site now. That's a slight exaggeration but every item over a certain amount of $ is just gone so they don't have to worry about giving me 30 percent off. Every GTX 1080 Ti card just disappeared from the site like it was never sold. Pretty damn sure I will never shop in store or online again and will do anything I can to give my business to anyone else. Drop in the bucket for them but once a business lies to you or gives you the runaround they 100% can't be trusted again. They won't even link to items in store if they've decided to remove it online.

Office Depot response

Steven - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry that you had a difficult time and I will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate leaders within our company.

Original review: May 28, 2018

My overall experience with Office Depot was very satisfactory. The store had very competitive prices and was conveniently located near my home. Salesmen were helpful as well. I was shopping for a computer desk and found one that I liked at Office Depot at a very good price. It was easy to assemble and I used it for several years. I liked that it had adequate space for a 21" monitor, a sliding platform for the keyboard and mouse, with an additional sliding desktop for notes, paper, pencils, etc.

Original review: May 28, 2018

My experience was great and I got the furniture and style needed at a reasonable price. I went to the store because I found what was appealing to me, got my attention and never would have left without purchasing it. I really love Office Depot as you can find varieties of office furniture and equipment suitable for all sizes of company and offices. I also love the arrangement of the products and the quality of their customer’s service and knowledge. But I would appreciate competitive prices and should engage in sales more often in order to attract more purchases and thereby increase the brand loyalty of clients.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I choose Office Depot, because I trust the quality. I also loved the fact that I could buy my dream desk, a comfortable desk chair, and all of the supplies I needed all in one place! I love the variety of quality office furniture. They sell every variety of desk, from student desks made of metal and glass, to grand L-shaped desks for the serious professional. The selection of desk chairs is also incredible! However, I would like to see a larger showroom - so that it is separated from the office supplies, and would be displayed in a separate showroom with even more options.

Original review: May 27, 2018

They had the best prices on desks and bookcases and the quality of these furniture products match my needs and look great in my home. Shopping was easy, the selection was appropriate and the prices were affordable for my budget. Their furniture selection features ergonomic designs that are perfect for my home office. Their furniture products are sturdy and stable and available for an affordable price. However, it would be nice if the bookcases were made of stronger wood materials than what is currently available. I would like for my bookcase to last longer before it needs to be replaced.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I bought an office style chair for personal use at home, was needing one cause the one I had was already getting too old and rusty so I went for it. What I like about it mostly is its thick reinforced materials and overall cool design, chose between several and similar options but this was the one that sit with me. They have a lot of different chairs with variations and sub variations of variations, it's crazy. But maybe they need to include a few extra levels of height and more recline flexibility. Other than that, it's an office style chair, so what better place there is to buy one than Office Depot. I've been buying stuff like this in this store for over a decade now and they never let me down. Overall great experience and good service.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I needed a chair for work-related purposes. An Office Depot store was near my home and was accessible. The store offers organized and well labeled items. The atmosphere is positive and the sales personnel are well informed. They have good services and quality merchandise. However, they are limited in their furniture offerings. It is all office and work-related. They could carry more and broader lines. There could definitely use more variety. But the chairs were affordable and comfortable. And my needs were met here.

Office Depot Company Information