2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5

Office Depot and OfficeMax sell office supplies, furniture, school supplies, cleaning products and electronics. With 1,300 stores nationwide, customers can take advantage of Office Depot’s and OfficeMax’s in-store services, including printing, copying, tech services, shredding and storage. All products are available online and in-store.

Office Depot Learn More

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Office Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I just had the worst experience in purchasing anything in my entire adult life and I'm 69 years old. I was told my order was out for delivery on 12/30/2020 and I was told it would arrive by 5 pm and later I was told it would still arrive by 9 pm. The furniture never arrived. I was told it would arrive the next day & it did not arrive. I then was told it would arrive on 01/04/2021 and it still did not arrive. It did arrive on 01/05/2021 at 3:40 pm. I was told by the contractor the boxes could only be left on the front porch or garage, but the contractor that assembles the furniture for Office Depot wants them in the room where they will be assembled. These boxes were too heavy for me to move on my own.

If I had known I would receive the absolute worst service I could imagine, I would not have purchased your furniture, and being told that I had to move the boxes was more than I could tolerate. Fortunately for me, the delivery person was kind enough to put them in the room where they are to be assembled. Please do not use the corona-virus as an excuse. The communication has been horrific with the vendor used for customer service except for the supervisor, May, that took over my delivery issue and got it handled. Previous to her, I had been lied to by a front line person and hung up on by what was told to me to be a supervisor. This model of business is not sustainable in my opinion and to be sure, I will NEVER order anything from Office Depot again. Extremely, disappointed!!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I purchased a computer online, great deal with 2 day delivery. The day it was suppose to arrive I get an email stating it was on the delivery vehicle and a new ETA would be emailed to me (This is a week and a half before Christmas). 3 days I called and got the run around and was assured it would arrive on the Monday before Christmas. Monday came and still nothing so I called. They told me it was out of stock (nearly 5 hours of calls and 1 line of supervision). After demanding a solution we looked at other computers and when I saw one I liked I went to see what the final price was and it looked like I purchased it.... In a panic I asked the people on the other line and they assured me I was not charged that $750... I did notice that it stated that the item was out of stock and received an email stating my card would not be charged... I was though...

Not knowing at that time that I was charged now for an additional computer that would not never arrive, I was continued to argue with them to release my funds back to me for the other computer (cost me $593). They said it was processed as a refund and would take 7 to 10 days to hit my account despite me never getting the item.... 3 days at this point before Christmas.... I explained I needed that money to purchase another one, they were unable to do anything for me.

Now I have two charges ($593 and $755) in which my funds are being held from me until Office Depot releases them back... I have been on the phone with my bank all morning (the day after Christmas) and been hung up on twice now by Office Depot... DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ONLINE FROM THESE PEOPLE. VERY DISHONEST AND GOOD LUCK RECEIVING ANY HELP. Reviews are awful and I believe I read (after purchasing) something like this online... Fortune 500 retailer Office Depot Inc. has lost its accreditation with the Better Business Bureau and its rating has dropped to a C- minus. The bureau on June 16 revoked the company's membership. Run away.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I have designed my order online with Office Depot and at the end they won't let me place the order in order for them not to honor their online price. Two days I have been on with their customer service reps trying to get it done and solved, but they were trying to charge me way more than the original price. This is my first and last time I'll be using office depot. P.S. I have got what I needed elsewhere with a reasonable and cheaper price.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Ordered a computer on the 13th (Friday) (next day delivery). On the 16th, I get an email stating "driver says no box"!?! Then they say my new delivery estimate is the 16th!?! So after many attempts at trying to squeeze an iota of information from them, I finally gave up and asked them to cancel my order and refund my money. They still refuse to do what's right and I'm writing this on the 20th.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I bought this filing cabinet and by time I had some time to deal with it, the return window of 14 day was up. I put it together and it is so bad, I cannot use it. I am a licensed CPA and needed a good filing cabinet for my business. I called and they refused to refund, I told them that what they sell is bad quality. I wrote a bad review and they did not allow it. They silenced me. Unbelievable. They hide bad reviews. Do not buy. It used to be a good company but I am not sure what is going on. May be someone purchased it? I used to buy there but now I will avoid it. This is just scary. I could not believe. They sent me an email stating that my review will not be published and I tried to respond to their email but it was undeliverable. Why am I dealing with? Fly by night company? Looks like. Buyer be aware. I will give away the filing cabinet.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I came into the Office Depot on and Street in Montgomery Alabama. I have spent over $2000 in the store over the last week and a half. Every time I came in here I was always assisted with taking my purchases to my car because they were too big and heavy for me by myself. I came in here today, and Trevonne, supposedly a manager, refused to help me or allow any of the other employees help me carry my bookcase To my car, citing company policy. So company policy apparently only applies to him because everyone else always helped me take my purchases to the car. I am very disappointed, and particularly with the amount of money I just spent in this store. This is inexcusable and unacceptable for any customer regardless of any circumstance.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I placed an order online on 10/9, the payment went through, I received order shipping info a few hours later. At the end of the day I receive an email stating the order was cancelled due to no inventory. Monday was a holiday so putting that aside I gave them an extra day to reverse the transaction (Tuesday) and when still nothing Wednesday, spent hours on the phone with them. Their customer service agents did everything they could to delay, stall and avoid me progressing through the chain of command. They went as far as to say my bank declined it, I got my bank on the phone to confirm this to be false.

My bank also said there is no reason they (Office Depot) shouldn't be able to reach out to their merchant institution and have the hold (of over 2k) dropped as I need to order a replacement elsewhere. I was assured someone from the customer relations team would reach out to me and still nothing. This is terrible customer service and never again will I shop with them based on their inability to take care of a customer in a timely manner and many other large companies can and will do. I am sure I will be spending hours a day for the next how ever many days to resolve this at the rate it has gone.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Unsatisfactory Service and Products. I ordered two wireless headsets. Both headsets were delivered without the docking station or power cord. Office Depot does not enable online returns. I contacted customer support and only received a service number saying that they would contact me to issue a return. No return call. Our company will not use Office Deport in the future. I DO NOT recommend Office Depot.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I purchased Inval Merlin L-Shaped Corner Desk, Washed Oak. Quantity Ordered: 1. Item # 8022285 on September 07 2020. The website shows me the delivery date September 17, 2020. I tracked the item online on September 13,14,15. It still shows that processing. I talked to customer service. They assured me that the item will reach to me on time. Now it is September 16, I called them again, the representative told me that they do not have this item and their website is not accurate and it mislead the people. This is totally unacceptable. Their customer service sucks and they cheat the people.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

My laptop crashed and I was in need of a quick repair. Blake did a great job of diagnosing & fixed the issue in under 45 minutes. I appreciate his honesty and speed to get me back on the road working again! Thanks Blake!!!

Office Depot Company Information