2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.56/5

Office Depot and OfficeMax sell office supplies, furniture, school supplies, cleaning products and electronics. With 1,300 stores nationwide, customers can take advantage of Office Depot’s and OfficeMax’s in-store services, including printing, copying, tech services, shredding and storage. All products are available online and in-store.

Office Depot Learn More

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Office Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

My laptop crashed and I was in need of a quick repair. Blake did a great job of diagnosing & fixed the issue in under 45 minutes. I appreciate his honesty and speed to get me back on the road working again! Thanks Blake!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I must admit I was expecting to hear I needed to use the coupon at the time of order, but was pleasantly surprised to have my request easily handled and my order revised to reflect the coupon amount. That is the way to keep customers happy and coming back. Staples could learn something from this!

Office Depot response

Thank you for your kind words Karen! We appreciate your business.

Casey A

Office Depot, Inc.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I went to an Office Depot near me and was not planning on buying any furniture. The associate that took care of me listened to what I was searching for and provided me with the best solution. I cannot say enough great things about this establishment (Lake Worth Rd & Military Trail - Palm Beach County, FL). Every time I've been to this particular store I was treated with respect and professionalism. I know everyone's experience is different, however, I have no complaints!! If Office Depot wishes to contact me about my experience, please do so. I would be more than happy to share.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I came into the Office Depot on and Street in Montgomery Alabama. I have spent over $2000 in the store over the last week and a half. Every time I came in here I was always assisted with taking my purchases to my car because they were too big and heavy for me by myself. I came in here today, and Trevonne, supposedly a manager, refused to help me or allow any of the other employees help me carry my bookcase To my car, citing company policy. So company policy apparently only applies to him because everyone else always helped me take my purchases to the car. I am very disappointed, and particularly with the amount of money I just spent in this store. This is inexcusable and unacceptable for any customer regardless of any circumstance.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I placed an order online on 10/9, the payment went through, I received order shipping info a few hours later. At the end of the day I receive an email stating the order was cancelled due to no inventory. Monday was a holiday so putting that aside I gave them an extra day to reverse the transaction (Tuesday) and when still nothing Wednesday, spent hours on the phone with them. Their customer service agents did everything they could to delay, stall and avoid me progressing through the chain of command. They went as far as to say my bank declined it, I got my bank on the phone to confirm this to be false.

My bank also said there is no reason they (Office Depot) shouldn't be able to reach out to their merchant institution and have the hold (of over 2k) dropped as I need to order a replacement elsewhere. I was assured someone from the customer relations team would reach out to me and still nothing. This is terrible customer service and never again will I shop with them based on their inability to take care of a customer in a timely manner and many other large companies can and will do. I am sure I will be spending hours a day for the next how ever many days to resolve this at the rate it has gone.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Unsatisfactory Service and Products. I ordered two wireless headsets. Both headsets were delivered without the docking station or power cord. Office Depot does not enable online returns. I contacted customer support and only received a service number saying that they would contact me to issue a return. No return call. Our company will not use Office Deport in the future. I DO NOT recommend Office Depot.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I purchased Inval Merlin L-Shaped Corner Desk, Washed Oak. Quantity Ordered: 1. Item # 8022285 on September 07 2020. The website shows me the delivery date September 17, 2020. I tracked the item online on September 13,14,15. It still shows that processing. I talked to customer service. They assured me that the item will reach to me on time. Now it is September 16, I called them again, the representative told me that they do not have this item and their website is not accurate and it mislead the people. This is totally unacceptable. Their customer service sucks and they cheat the people.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

This Morning I drove a friend of mine (He wanted to buy some stationery) to the Office Max store on Hayden and Frank Lloyd Write Blvd. in Scottsdale, Arizona. As my friends went his way into the store I too wandered in to see if I may need something. I lady walked over to me, looked seriously at me as I, a 70+ year old man walking with a walker, who was dressed in a poor man's short and a tee shirt (it was around 112F) she asked me how can she help. I said, "I am looking to for a small HP printer". Her immediate response, pointing to an isle, was "here are a few Brother and other less expensive ones". I said again, "I am looking for a HP". Her immediate response was "oh we don't have cheap ones in HP". I got a shock of my life.

I moved closer to her and asked "what made you to say that, is it because I Look poor, short and ugly"? She then said, "no most come here looking for cheap products". That was another slap on my face. She simply and pridefully walked away. I went to a lady in the printing department and asked if I could speak to the Manager. She said that "You just was talking to her, the manager". "Hmm", I said. I bought the printer at Walmart and presented to its intended recipient, a new Medical student at Northwestern University. Of course I walked away from that Office Depot in dismay. "Is this the America I lived all my adult life, to which I contributed heavily to its progress? Hmmm."

Lal

Founder/CEO\Pure Foods USA, LLC
    Founder/President, New Era Children's Fund
    Recipient, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, "Living the Dream Award"
    Former Commissioner - City of Phoenix
    Former State Board Member, Arizona

Former Director, Community Services, Rotary International

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I purchased the 63XL Color Cartridge and was charged $50.99 at the store. Thinking this was high, I checked the website afterwards and it was listed at $41.89. I have used these cartridges for many years but have never paid anything close to this amount.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I received the package less than 15 minutes ago and I'm already working on the return/refund process. Three of the four corners are damaged. There are various nicks and gouges along the sides. There is a sticky substance covering an area by one of the corners. The biggest problem, however, is that the board is visibly bent. This product needs bubble wrap or some other kind of padding to ensure safe delivery. As much as I would like to have a whiteboard, it is not worth hanging this product on my wall. Extremely dissatisfied with my Office Depot experience.

As a side note, I tried to submit this review (with photos) to Office Depot. I was notified via email that this review could not be posted because it "mentions shipping complaints". A vendor should be responsible for ensuring safe delivery of an order. A separate email also informed me that they cannot pick up the item or issue me a refund until they contact the shipping vendor and work something out with them.

Office Depot Company Information