3.05/5

906 Office Depot Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 18, 2019

Purchased an office chair in January 2019. Purchased a protection plan. I now have a torn seat cushion and armrest. Tried to file claim online-website did not work. Called number given. Long story short I had to call customer service 4 separate times and transferred 3 times on each call. Over 2 hours spent on the phone getting transferred. Each rep said that since I am in the first year, I had to contact the manufacturer and run it under the manufacturer's warranty. Each person gave me a different phone number for the manufacturer-none of which were correct. On 4th call was told I needed to give the zip code of the store so they could call the store I purchased it at. Then said they could not reach the store and would call me back. No one has called back.

At this point I have the impression that the reps are instructed to give the runaround so that they will not have to honor the protection plan that was purchased. Can't help but think they are selling protection plans that they have NO intention of honoring which is fraudulent. No one can give me a good number to the manufacturer and there is NO manufacturer's website. At this point I just want my money back for the protection plan since it was charged fraudulently. I will be contacting the State and the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I bought my daughter a laptop for her high school graduation on 5/15/19. We gifted her the laptop on 5/24. When she went to set it up, she continually received booting errors saying it couldn't find the hard drive. I called Office Depot on 5/30 to return the laptop which they agreed to return under warranty. They stated they would have Accurate Carriers pick up our laptop on 6/4/19. We had our daughter stay at the house from then until 6/10 and no one came to pick it up. On 6/10 I called saying they have not showed up. They conferenced me in with the courier and scheduled another pickup for 6/11. On 6/11, I called again and asked for a return label since no one picked the laptop up.

We receive an email on 6/12 saying they were not going to send us a UPS label since we didn't "need" one and that we were "welcome" to return it to the store which was an hour and a half away. Finally, Accurate Couriers picked up on 6/13. We verified with Accurate Couriers that they did receive it and OfficeMax picked it up from them on 6/17 to take it to their warehouse in Pennsylvania. It is now 6/25/19 and even on my order detail Office Depot still doesn't have the laptop as "received". It's almost been a month since I've called about this return and I can't get a refund on a $549.99 purchase plus tax. This is ridiculous. I've never had a worse experience with a company in my life. Maybe ONE DAY I'll receive my refund. Not holding my breath.

Hi Robin,

I'm really sorry that it's taken us so long to sort out this return. We have your order number so I'll look into this and have one of our team members get in touch with you to sort it out.

Please accept my apology for the poor service.

Office Depot, Inc.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 22, 2019

I regularly receive flyers with coupons from Office Depot and have learned to ignore them. When I redeem the coupons consistent with the rules listed, I am supposed to get reward points. However, corporate refused to honor the coupons they mailed me. No points for me. Less business for Office Depot.

Hi Harry,

I'm sorry you've had difficulty using the coupons we're sending to you. Please send me your contact information as I'd like to have my team reach out to you so that we can learn more and hopefully address this.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 21, 2019

Office Depot Credit Card offer isn’t being honored. It clearly states $50.00 of your first purchase of $150.00. However, this isn’t the case, because they split the online order into two. I called customer service to confirm that this wouldn’t be an issue. They advised I would see a $50 credit on my next statement or two. Just long enough for the promotion to expire and then customer services advised that they couldn’t do anything to help.

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry that you've had difficulty getting the $50 credit. If you made a $150 purchase, within 60 days of opening a Business Credit Card Account, even if we split it into multiple orders, you should get a $50 credit on your statement as promised. Please respond back with your contact info and I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 11, 2019

I purchased a chair from the Store located at Nova Rd. and Beville Rd. in Daytona Beach FL and found when I returned home that an insurance policy had been added without my knowledge or consent. In an attempt to recover the money I was told I would need to return to the store. So to get back $7.50 I would need to use $3.00 in gas and my time to salvage $4.50. Plus my time. Calling the online company had no effect and no help. Amazing the money could not be put back on my credit card without my travel time to the store. My fault I guess for trusting their integrity.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for sharing your comments. Integrity is one of our core values at Office Depot and what you describe is not acceptable to us. Would you mind responding to this post with your contact info? I'd like to have our team follow up with you to make this right. We'll also make sure that this is addressed by the local leadership team as you should never have something added to your purchase without your approval. I look forward to hearing back!

CaseyA

Office Depot, Inc.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

Resolution response: June 21, 2019

I was sent all the parts needed to have a functioning chair.

Original review: June 7, 2019

In March 2019 I contacted Office Depot regarding a warranty on a chair that did not work. Now in June the warranty has not been fulfilled. In March I called Office Depot regarding my office chair. The gas lift no longer worked and the chair seat would not stay up. The rep I spoke with in March told me she was sending a new gas lift that can be replaced just like "opening a can of pickles." Well the gas lift arrived and I followed exact instructions on how to remove it but the gas lift would not come out.

I called again on April 25th and spoke to another agent. She was incredibly rude and told me that she was going to send me a star since based on my responses it seems that the star was also broken. Today I attempted to fix the broken chair and came into the same issue. I called Office Depot and the rep I spoke to told me to figure it out and have a nice day then proceeded to hang up on me. I find it absolutely absurd that a "customer service rep" handles warranty claims by hanging up on customers. So here I am, 3 months later with a broken chair and plenty of time wasted on the phone resolving nothing! I need a functional office chair and that is the only acceptable resolution or my business will be sent to Amazon from now on.

Office Depot response

Hi Valerie, Thank you for sharing your experience. This is not the way we want our customers to be treated and I'm sorry you had such a poor experience. Would you mind responding with your contact information? I'd like to have someone follow up and make this right.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: May 23, 2019

This is the second time in the past two weeks that I use the Office Depot in Apex to print posters. The first time, the young girl took a long to figure out how to set up the printer to the poster size, printed at least 3 posters that were lengthwise, larger or not adjusted then at last when she got it right, while she cut one of the posters around she chopped a part of the writing. Did the same things with the flyers and took a while to figure out the correct size after printing a couple in error.

Then today, I was served by another person, supposedly a manager, her name was Jenny. She was very loud and right away informed me that they don't print on the spot. I have to pick it up the following day, despite the fact that I have printed on the spot before many times. When I told her that she got aggressive, repeated in a loud voice in a manner as if I don't understand. I gave her the flash drive, she pulled it up, and when I asked about the price of the poster size I chose, she starting singing in a loud voice that everyone around can clearly hear, the kept making tunes with where are the prices, the size of the poster...on and on until she got the information.

Then she continued the process of filling the order form, then she said I come the following day. Then when I expressed that I didn't want to leave my flash drive behind, she started acting more weird. I asked her if I can email it from home, she gave me the flash drive, pointed to the email address printed on the counter and kept repeating the I will have to take it tomorrow still although I understood this part a while ago.

Then she turned to another employee and started explaining to him my order and saying that it will be done at least by tomorrow and when I told her you said tomorrow, she turned and told me that it depends on when I send the email. Then made a point to make me uncomfortable and said, "Do you still need anything else", and when I walked she started laughing frantically while still holding the order and talking to her colleague. The organization I work for always uses this office but I think that should be the end of it.

Hi Mona,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, this is definitely not the experience that we want our customers to have. Would you mind responding to this post with your contact info? I'd like to have our Customer Relations Team as well as the local District Manager follow up with you to address this. You should have had a much better experience than what you describe in your comment and we'd like to make sure this is properly addressed.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: May 21, 2019

STEER CLEAR!!!! Everyone I have dealt with is bothered by presence in the store and are completely unwilling to be helpful. My info was entered incorrectly for a rewards program and they CAN NOT fix it???? What???? Print services are outrageously expensive, I spent $140.00 for 100 2 sided color flyers. I tried to get my due discount by being a member of a group that offers significant savings but because of their error I did not get it. I was in such a hurry I asked if I could back to resolve the issue. When I returned the old man who runs the print center was flippant and VERY unhelpful. I let it go and returned a third time to this store for a new project. This time they still could not/would not fix their previous error and give me my full discount and lo and behold were even ruder than before.

Now I tried to log in and do what I needed online, then just pick up in the store. Well that resulted in me getting kicked out of their system twice, because my information does not match AS THEY ENTERED IT WRONG IN THE STORE!!!! I am soooo done. I will buy construction paper and markers and make business cards etc before I EVER do business with these people again!!!!

Hi Tina,

I'm really sorry that you've had such a bad experience with Office Depot, what you describe certainly does not represent the way we want to serve our customers. I would be happy to have my team assist you in sorting this out. Could I trouble you to send a copy of this post along with your contact information? Upon receipt we'll get in touch with you and help sort this out.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Office Depot was supposed to schedule a carrier pick up of our ordered items to be returned for a refund. Didn't happen and I've had to do follow up calls with customer service which has been a complete waste of time. With each call, it is always the verbal reply that they will send an urgent request to the warehouse team. I'm assuming Office Depot's warehouse is non-existent because no one has replied to us 7 days (and counting) after the initial scheduled pick up. Worst yet, we have another order that's late shipped with no updates whatsoever as to what's happening with it. PLEASE REFUND AND CANCEL OUR ORDER. IF THERE'S ANYONE STILL AWAKE AND LOOKING AT THIS, DO CONTACT US FOR THE ORDER NUMBERS AND RESOLVE THIS!

Calvin,

I'm sorry we've provided you with such a bad experience and that we haven't solve the problem like we should have. I'd like to make this right for you and I'll be having our team reach out to you today using the contact information associated with the order number that you provided.

I'm very sorry about all of the problems that you've had with us.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Recently I saw an online special on copy paper. It was a good buy. I placed the order and was told it would be delivered to my office within 3 days. In the past, I could order online and the local store made the delivery. I assumed this was still the procedure. When it did not arrive, I dropped by the store and showed them the purchase receipt. I was told that they no longer deliver items purchased through the website. They use regular shipping services.

After a week, I hadn't received the shipment and made an inquiry. I was told that there was no record of my order. I advised them that I had printed the order, gave them the order number. Still no record of order. I told them to cancel the order. Well you can't cancel an order that they have no record of, so I called my Credit Card company, told them what happened and they reversed the charges.

A few days later the charge reappeared on my credit card, but this time there were three identical charges (for an order there was no record of.) My credit card company then reversed the charges, canceled my card and reissued me a new card and number. I then decided to not buy from OD/OM again. It's Amazon for me. Better prices, with Amazon Prime, free shipping and quicker accurate delivery. I'm saving money. Thank you Office Depot for steering me toward competent people, savings and quicker delivery.

Hi Ed,

Thank you for sharing your experience, this is definitely not the experience that we would like our customers to have. Would you mind sending us more detail so that we can research this? I'd like to find out what happened so that we can prevent it from happening again.

Please send the details and your contact information to us and we'll be happy to reach out to you.

Sincerely,

Original review: April 23, 2019

They lost me as a customer for life today. I should have known better because I had previously had a bad experience where I canceled an order, redid an order to fix it, and it took almost 90 days to get the money back from them while I couldn't use it in the meantime. This time, I bought a laptop and it showed there were none on backorder so it was an original fulfillment and they charged my card immediately. Then this morning I wake up to find that they charged me an even greater price to fulfill the back order that did not exist.

They gave me the same spiel that the money will be back in my account in 7 to 10 days but I'm not holding my breath. What I know is I'm out over $2,000 because their tracking system isn't up-to-date, they automatically charge you without contacting you to fulfill the original order, and there is "nothing" they can do because they "haven't received the money." I will see if I ever get my money back or access to it while it pends. They tried to reform my missing money by less-than-doubling the rewards they did not apply. It is fancy money laundering. I'm done.

Hi Ashley,

I'm sorry about your experience, this is not the way we intend to treat our customers. I'd like to correct this for you and since you provided your order number, I'll be having a member of our team reach out to you using the contact information associated with the order.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: April 6, 2019

For the first time I purchased remanufactured ink cartridges (Office Depot - Canon CLI-221) for a color ink jet printer instead of the Canon product. And for the first time, the cartridge leaked (and ruined a shirt) when I installed the ink cartridge in the printer. I recommend that you avoid the remanufactured ink cartridges from Office Depot and purchase the manufacturer's product. The nominal savings are not worth the clearly inferior product.

Office Depot response

Bob - I'm sorry about your experience with our Office Depot brand cartridge. We'd like to resolve this for you, can you please send a copy of your comment to us along with your contact information and order/purchase details?

I look forward to taking care of this for you.

Sincerely,

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I purchased a small office refrigerator, that was broken upon delivery, to this day it is still sitting on my porch for pick up, that has been 10 days now, they will not process my refund for 7-10 days after it gets to their warehouse. Carrier refused to take back. Said it was too heavy although it was same one that delivered (UPS). I have been on the phone every day and emailed, I have been lied to about being picked up next day, and getting refund processed and being compensated for this nightmarish purchase. DO NOT BUY from this store unless you want them to keep your money for a month or longer to get a refund. NOT acceptable, had to call credit card company and dispute this charge. Beware of Office Depot!!!

Original review: March 27, 2019

I usually purchase my printer paper from Office Depot/Max for my business and always consider their advertisements that they send keeping in mind my office supply needs. Today I needed printer paper for my facility and decided to avail the 30% coupon that was offered along with a Free gift (Cotton Tote Set). I was very happy with my purchase as is always the case when doing business with Office Depot/Max.

When it came time to avail my offers the website did not accept my coupon code for the Tote offer. I needed the paper and so I submitted the offer and felt that once I called customer service things would be resolved. I decided to go online to chat and try to resolve my issue this way. To my dismay the representative pressed on about how only one coupon would be honored and gave me a scenario of how $20 off a $100 order would have accepted the Free Gift coupon but how my 30% coupon would not accept the Free gift coupon to go along with it even though, my purchase was well over the $75 total purchase order that they required before taxes. I feel that they should have honored the coupon for the free gift and saved themselves a customer. Their $24.99 free gift cost them a customer and future orders. BTW my personal account will not be used either.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I went in the store at 362 East Capitol Drive, To Buy a laptop, I found the one I loved. It was a Dell Inspiron 14 2 in 1. The technician offered to set up all the programs. I was like fine. Came back later that night. Picked up my laptop. A week in It started blinking, one night I heard it ring twice & asked for a passcode. I tried to shake it off like no, how can my computer ring. One day my adapter stop working & the speakers, I called Dell. They told me the serial numbers or specs don’t match and that was one of their old computers shipped out earlier in 2018. I called the store I bought it from, the manager asked me for the service code number & she said, "Oh." Y’all she right. This was one of the Black Friday computers.

I contacted the district manager. Comes to find out my whole transaction was fraudulent on his part to get commission! But wait. This ** was remotely in my computer from his house & Office Depot has my crashed computer with all my information & job information with customers information! I talked to the Federal Trade Commission today. They told me to call the police to get my personal data & get the computer to have it investigated! I spoke with another office manager at the store & she stated she can not tell me exactly what happened to him or all the specifics of the case but he’s under investigation! Also he did a tax override on many items on the receipt! He had my laptop listed as a open box item meaning he sold me a used computer that he put a remote desk top app on to invade my privacy!

Someone please help. I suffer from anxiety & panic attacks. This is humiliating. Look at the receipts & the evidence I pulled up, I even have screenshots of talking to the district manager claiming, "Oh please. Let us take care of you, did you go to the store on South 27th & pick out another laptop!" Yeah but why is my personal information all through Wisconsin Office Depot! Look at the pictures.

Original review: March 17, 2019

We needed black toner, I found the best price with next day delivery at OfficeMax and ordered it. The next day it wasn't delivered, I checked the tracking and they "shipped" it the next day, which was going to be ok. I checked tracking again and it said it was in transit to us, that day ended and no toner. I checked tracking again and it said "delayed" and didn't make it to us for 4 more days. The excuse was that the truck broke down, I know they need to make a profit but they are shipping products via "independent" FedEx delivery drivers and not actually FedEx. It's a shame that since getting bought out by Office Depot, customer service has gone down the tube. Will no longer be buying products from them.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Their ad said if I bought 2 reams of paper, I'd get $10 towards a future purchase put on my rewards card. I bought the 2 reams, but when I went back in to use the $10, they didn’t put it on my rewards card. I now purchase office supplies anywhere else I can, but not at Office Depot.

Original review: March 14, 2019

We ordered an entire furniture set on February 27th, when the delivery came a few days later - 1 piece was missing - and 1 piece was incorrect. Since then, and for the past almost 3 weeks we have made call after call to Office Depot. We were told it was shipped, yet never received phone calls. They put it on the freight delivery company, so I made constant calls to them and they never received our order. Finally Office Depot admitted they lost our furniture and would refund us the amount of the 2 pieces and reorder the items. We were charged again for those 2 items and only offered a $20 credit as consolation. We have called every day - this company has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Our office build out is on hold and I can't get my agents set into their offices with these things happening. Will never order from them again.

Office Depot response
Shannon - I'm sorry that we provided you with such a poor experience. Our team will be reaching out to you today to dig into this and make it right.

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I placed an order online on Feb, 27, 2019 for a box of cookies that were to be an 85 ct box, a box of Keebler cookies that were an 8 count box and added 4 clearance packets of Puff pockets tissues to make the order free shipping. I received an order confirmation of the order as all was in stock almost immediately after I placed the order. The order was split into 2 separate order with 2 different order numbers. One for the big 85 count box of Cookies and One for the Keebler 8 ct and the Puff tissues. The cost of the 85 count cookies were $34.99 which was reduced to $27.99 via a code I had added being a first time customer. The Keebler cookies on sale were 7.90 the tissues .39 ea. I received an email confirmation of shipment and my credit card was charged for all the items in both orders.

Within a few days I did receive the supposedly 85 count box of cookies but they were not 85 packets of cookies in the box. There were only 75 and they were squished into the box. I opened a pack and most of the cookies were crumbs. These were not what I had expected to receive, I called Office Depot and spoke to an agent whom I could not understand but he did give me a reference number and stated someone would contact me asap. No one did. I sent an email and called again, I was told that I would have to wait until they contacted their dealer/seller as the product was from a third party "seller". I said If I'd known I was buying from a SELLER I would have ordered for eBay! I had never heard of such a thing - Office Depot could not do anything before they spoke to the seller of the Cookies?? This makes no sense.

Now I am waiting for my other cookies still and I get a phone call that they are not available and won't be shipped. How can that be when I have already received a shipping confirmation on that order and a tracking number - I checked the tracking number and it was for the cookies I already received! The other tracking number for the cookies I did receive showed it was never shipped. Office Depot charged my credit card for both orders and both were not shipped and how could they have stated they were shipped when they were out of stock/unavailable as they told me on the phone. I went back and forth too many times to keep track and all I wanted was my money credited back for items that I didn't receive and to return the defective cookies asking for a prepaid label.

It became so discouraging it literally began to make me sick. I go to church if I feel up to it but that's it other than doctors. I do all online shopping even to my groceries. This is the first time I have ever been so infuriated with a company as I am Office Depot as they do not stand by the products they sell and they have the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

Office Depot has no clue as to what they are doing, they had tracking numbers mixed up and I was charged for orders that were not shipped. I finally did see a credit on my credit card for the cost amount of $27.99 and I had spoke to an agent that asked if I wanted to order the Keebler cookies and I said, "NO, they are not available anyway," and she said she did not know why I was told that because they were available and so were the Puff tissues. If I still wanted them she would order them for me at the cost of only $4.00 for the cookies and .13 for the tissues and she would also credit my account right at that time for the original cost that was charged. I said I would do it, I'm a fool, or blame it on the TBI and other multiple health issues or the point that I trusted this girl.

I don't know if I received the original order Keebler cookies or the ones she said she ordered but I was charged the full amount, not what she had told me and I had the email she sent confirming the amount. I don't care anymore, Office Depot did credit my credit card for the $27.99 and took off the amount of the cookies only to add it back on twice. I can live with it but this whole ordeal has made me physically ill and I don't want anymore to do with Office Depot. They have called my home and I'm not able to get to the phone at times. They called today March 9, 2019 and I don't want anymore to do with them. I told the last person not to call me anymore. If they need to contact me do it via email.

They are scammers, sell products they don't have available but charge you for them and say they have shipped. I just want to make other consumers aware of Office Depot so they will never have to go through what I did. Do not order from this company, they have "Sellers" and can't made decisions without the seller's consent. That is ridiculous! I have started a BAN on Office Depot and it is already went from NY to VA. Most of the stores have shut down, wonder why? None near me.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I’ve been in there a few times now and every single time I am ignored, they don’t have the products I want, or the employees are little to no help. Not that it matters, but I also always have a baby with me and they still ignore a woman holding a child. It is very evident that the employees would rather be anyone but at the store helping you. They have an entire service dedicated to printing yet they offer no help when it comes to printing things for you. If this was only one time I wouldn’t really care but every single time I go in there I get 0 help.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Online Buyers beware. You will be cheated into paying for two of whatever you order. I received a damaged desk and used their instructions in order to return it. Very quickly, they offered to send me another one at a small discount. I agreed and their processed the new order, but have never refunded me or credited my account of the first purchase. It has now been 35 days of promises and lies. Now they will not answer my last email. They have stolen $192.56 from me.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I recently purchased a large desk to be shipped to my home. The day before delivery I was contacted by Office Depot informing me that the item was lost and they would cancel my order and place a new one for me. I received a confirmation of the cancelled order, but still both orders ended up being delivered and I was charged twice. Now I have to take off work to have them pick up the large item that I never ordered in order to get a refund and they can't even offer a simple coupon.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Office Depot seems to get worst every year. I have been shopping with them for over 20 years when they were just Office Max, however Office Depot/Office Max is insulting. The customer service representatives lie, misrepresent their service and send shipments that have been confirmed canceled. I placed and order for officer supplies and paper on January 30, 2019 After numerous discrepancies about my applicable rewards points I called customer service. He said, "Place the order and I will apply the points." I submitted the order and customer service disconnected me. I called back immediately after checking my account and it was processing without the rewards. The customer service agent then told me that the rewards would apply to my next order.

I CANCELED THE ORDER. I CANCELED THE ORDER BY PHONE, BY E-MAIL AND THE 800 NUMBER. I received an e-mail to confirm the cancellation as well as a copy of the dialogue on chat canceling the order. I later received an e-mail stating they could not cancel the order. I called the bank and customer service. I was told to refuse the order when it was delivered. ALL OF THIS IS IN WRITING. I told the bank and customer service I was not accept the order and don't deliver it. There were more than a dozen calls and 0 or more e-mail communications about this order. When I arrived back at shop/office on the 5th of February the order was sitting at my door step. I did not touch it. I put a note on it for Office Depot and called the bank again. Customer service said they would pick it up and then the said I needed to call dispatch. What liars.

I received another e-mail advising that the Office Depot truck would pick the order up on the 7th, or the 8th. Then another e-mail that I should call dispatch. I took photographs of the order sitting at my doorstep and advised them to remove their ** from my property. I tried calling the CEO. I went to the Office Depot Store all to no avail. This order has been sitting outside through the rain, a heavy wind storm and the snow. I took another picture of the packages stacked about waist high on the 9th. Same spot. The customer service person or robot 'ROBERT' has contradicted himself so many times it's unreal. My bank has been notified that this order was canceled before it was processed. Customer service refused to cancel it and sent it after repeated demands not to and refuse to pick it up.

In a couple of days it will be garbage and I will request that the Department of Sanitation remove it with the other debris. Office Depot has made every possible attempt to force me to purchase their products while they fail to honor their on-line sales and rewards. False advertising, Fraud. Yes Fraud... the site asked me to purchase additional merchandise for a discount and customer service responded by saying I get the discount on the next order. I was only trying to place an order for a case of paper and was bull pooped into almost $200.00 in merchandise. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER PATRONIZE OFFICE DEPOT AGAIN!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

We received an email this morning that OFFICE DEPOT is shipping an order of toner cartridges to us. The PROBLEM IS WE DIDN’T ORDER, ASK OR APPROVE AN ORDER OF ANY KIND! They charged our credit card for over $300.00, and put us in a bind. We needed that to pay bills this week. The customer service said that the refund will take 7-10 business days!!! They must’ve kept our credit card information from the purchase at one of their brick and mortar stores when we bought toner a couple of months ago. During the chat, I realized that whomever Office Depot has doing their customer support, is not in the USA. Poor English - wrong verbs and grammar. This just made up our mind, that we will no longer do any business with Office Depot.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I place an order on Office Depot/Office Max For a Targus Laptop Rolling Bag through my PayPal account on January 24, 2019. They charged my account two times! I called customer service and they then said my order is canceled! And that the extra charge wasn't a charge but that is a Lie!!! They took my money and won't refund it back to my account!! I paid a lot of money for this bag and needed it for College and was ready to pick it up at the store near me!!! Office Depot or Office Max whatever is a fraud company who takes customers money and doesn't refund them back!

They are sorry and should be reported for the selfless and fraud they do to their customers. I am so angry, upset and feel as though they took not only my money but my dignity of not being treated fair!! This is outrageous and absolutely not right!! I have called and called and they keep saying that it will be in there in 24 hours!! Liars, Thieves, Crooks!! I will see to it that my voice is heard and that everyone knows they are fraud and they won't own up to stealing my money and probably others money, It's like saying they got charged with a crime and getting away with it and there is no justice!!! I will not let them get away with this even if I have to go up their store or use my voice to prove they did wrong!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I purchased one HP laptop at the end of Nov., 2018. Office Depot sent two laptop in separate shipments by mistake and charged my PayPal account twice. I never opened the second package. Since I was overwhelmed during holiday season, I approached their store in Rosemead, CA, to resolve this issue on Jan. 13, 2019. They told me since the item was ordered online, I needed to return it directly to the HQ. They did not inform me that extended return period for holiday purchase would end on 1/14/2019. I made contact with their customer services to address this issue a couple days later. After arguing with them in regards to the nature of this incident, they finally issued a return authorization. Since there was not further notice of return status, I made contact with their customer services again. They informed me that return had been denied by their vendor since this was special order item and was out of their return period.

I thought it was very unfair for me as a consumer. First, I did not order the second laptop. It was Office Depot's mistake to send an extra to me and charged me for it. Therefore, returning the item and getting a refund should be considered as a remedy to their mistake and should not be under the restriction of their or their vendor's return policy. Secondly, they did not indicated the HP laptop as a special order item on their ad. If they disclosed it, I would have second thought for purchasing this item. Thirdly, why a customer need to be punished for Office Depot's own mistake. I most likely will never purchase anything from this company any more and encourage other consumers to give a second thought before you hand your hard earned money to their hand. Very disappointed at your service, Office Depot.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

OFFICE DEPOT - I also want to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN and not be DISCRIMINATED. My name is Rowland ** and I am a PERMANENT RESIDENT and the owner of a Security Systems company in this great country of the USA. I have so much to thank for welcoming me as a son. Just today I try to apply for the credit card at the OFFICE DEPOT store located at 7240 SW 88th St Miami, Florida between 6 pm to 8 p.m. with the interest of buying an equipment that only and exclusively was in this place, for its characteristics and taking advantage of the geographical location very close to my house.

I am directed to **, sales consultant and great person, to make the application, then which requests additional data, making from the store the call to the number of new personal accounts **, and talking to a FIRST REPRESENTATIVE confirms the approval of a credit of $1000.00 and assures me that I could make the purchase at the time, presenting only my identification card, then I refer to the aforementioned sales consultant, to proceed with the payment of the equipment. When he enters the data on his computer, none of these appear, so the FIRST MALTREAT AND A LIE is evidenced. I make a second call, this time the SECOND REPRESENTATIVE tells me that I must wait for 7 to 10 days and upon receiving the card I could then make the purchase.

Why if my application was made from the store and my credit was approved and they are also confirming it, I can not make the purchase? Why are other people allowed to make the purchase immediately after their credit was approved? This is a clear example of DISCRIMINATION. There is no store in this country where you apply for a credit and being approved you have to wait 7 to 10 days to execute a purchase. I request to speak with a manager of the National Customer Service, his name **, from whom he expects a positive, logical response and his words were: "IF YOU WANT CANCEL THE CREDIT REQUEST" (Verify in the recordings the veracity of my words). An unethical response, against all commercial marketing and management policy.

DO I HAVE TO WAIT TO BE AN AMERICAN CITIZEN SO THAT MY RIGHTS ARE RESPECTED AS A CLIENT? My thanks to Mr. **, the only worker of this company who made me feel like a customer, unlike the other aforementioned lacking in professionalism, knowledge, updating and that make OFFICE DEPOT look like a company full of mediocrity, lack of vision, incompetent, incoherent, anti-commercial and I hope that some of its managers will change my opinion, with a convincing answer.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We have a business account and out of the blue the card we had on file with their site stopped working. My first call to fix it took 40 mins, didn't get fixed, and someone was supposed to get back to me and never did. My second call I was told to call the billing department. I call billing and get the most useless rep I've ever dealt with. It felt like she was reading a paragraph from a manual again and again no matter what question I asked. They said to call my bank and confirm it's not an issue with them, it wasn't.

I tried emailing tech support and they started me all over even though I explained the steps we already took. The back & forth with them was infuriating and actively wasted my time. The problem was never resolved, and they obviously don't care, or don't have the infrastructure to handle it whenever something goes wrong. If they did, at least one out of the many Office Depot employees I worked with would have found some person in that company who knows what they're talking about.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

On December 072018. I open an Office Depot account to purchase Lenovo® IdeaPad 320 17 Laptop, 17.3" Screen, 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i5, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows® 10 Home, 80XM0000US. Order Number: ** Order placed: 12/07/2018. I received a phone call saying that I would be receiving it on 12/19/2018. I also called on 12/18/2018 to confirm delivery because it still showed processing in my orders. 12/20/2018 I called again regarding the status and was told it was on back order and I wouldn't receive my order before Christmas.

Today I called to get a shipping estimate on the back order item and did not receive a coherent answer. The gentlemen I could not answer if I would be receiving my order or not. This has been a very frustrating experience being that my order was delayed and no one can tell me when or if my order will be shipped. As of 01/21/2019, the issue has not been rectified. I have missed sales opportunities from other businesses while being deceived by Office Depot Customer Service.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Went to shop to print 20x20 size black and white copy around 8.45pm, 01/17/2019. In print section, one lady helping customer with big order, after waiting 3 min, she broke conversation with other customer and addressing me and point out self service. I told her before using service I need pricing info. She said, "Will be back in couple of minutes," and made me to wait till 9 pm. After finish up with other customer she came to me and told that not able to do the print today. All my required conversation took 2 min max. After me no other customer. Then I started to tell her that, "Just to inform this you made me to wait for 15minutes." Until that time she was normal. After she hear what I said she raised her voice and cut me in and telling that, "This is how we do it."

At that time other lady closing the store and joined the conversation and asked what happened. After listened, she also started shouting at me and worsely started racist comments like any country service is like this only. I felt like by see my color she passed comments like this. Her facial gestures turned to angry at me. While doing conversation she rushed me to door and laugh at me sarcastically. I never felt fear before like this today with these two ladies at OfficeMax today. Also they shout at me for stopping by at late hours. Today OfficeMax loses the customer. By look at the customer service I can understand how the OfficeMax is doing business.

I understand their frustration at closing time. I am not sure about my work how long will take and their rush hours. I just want to stop by and check whether my job can be done now or not. I am just trying to tell them to use little common sense while handling waiting customers. Take a couple of minutes, break from long job customers and address the waiting customers and tell them their waiting time. Customers will decide to wait or not.

Office Depot Company Information