3.2/5 (230 ratings)

About Office Depot

Office Depot and OfficeMax sell office supplies, furniture, school supplies, cleaning products and electronics. With 1,300 stores nationwide, customers can take advantage of Office Depot’s and OfficeMax’s in-store services, including printing, copying, tech services, shredding and storage. All products are available online and in-store.

Office Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I placed an order on 8/29 and expected it by 8/31. Was told it was out for delivery on 8/30 only to be returned because they ran out of time. Wasn't to be delivered again on 9/1. No package. Chatted and was told that if it didn't deliver on 9/1, they would refund me my money and get me the item free of charge. On 9/2 when asked about it they denied it. So I just cancelled the order. Was told the CC refund would take 3 to 7 business days and the check would take 3 to 4 weeks. Package arrived on 9/8. Being honest, I told office depot it had arrived and I wanted them to come pick it up. Was at that time told my refund was on hold because the refund was approved prior to the item being delivered. Now wouldn't you think if the order was cancelled they would contact the shipper? Also, what if the item was never delivered, when would I get my refund.

Very stupid statement by a supervisor if you ask me. I was then told that they would have to cancel the original refund and submit another one to get it faster. Of course then I was told that the refund would only be initiated once the item is received back at the warehouse and they would not be able to pick up the item for another 5 days. They also told me it could take up to 7 to 10 business days now to get the refund on my CC. While chatting, I was switched to several different agents as they professed it was a technical issue. I could have just not let them know the package was delivered and denied ever seeing it, but did that get me any a refund any faster? No. Will never shop there again. Worst customer service policies around. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this retailer.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Found a great deal on Christmas items for my local nonprofit...ordered several of these items. Never received product... Supposed to have re ordered. Once again I've been lied to over and over about this shipment. Going on 3 weeks of lies and the worst company ethics I have experienced in my lifetime. Honor your pricing and your mistakes.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Do not get delivery! On August 3rd, we bought a desk from Home Depot. Customer Service was very good. We left Happy. When placing the order we were told the delivery date was estimated to be Aug 8th. On Aug 10th we called to ask where the desk was. They stated that the order was accidentally cancelled (even though the tracking stated it was still en route). I told them fine they need to refund our card and we would purchase elsewhere, because they could not tell me when or if we would get it.?? They sent a confirmation number for our refund and said it would be 5-7 days to have it returned on card. On August 23rd we called and asked why our card had not been refunded and they said, "Oh it was cancelled." The refund was cancelled?

I asked by whom and they could not give me an answer. They reinstated a new confirmation number. Today I called, on Aug 29th to see where my refund is. They told me it was approved yesterday and would be 7-10 days. So, with this information, I would not buy any large purchases from them that you are not 100% confident you will keep or will be leaving with. Do not get any delivery from them. They cancel without telling you then they don't want to give your money back. I did get a new confirmation number but I'm not feeling confident that it will be refunded. I asked to speak to a supervisor but was told they are too busy and would call back. Still waiting. Not sure how to get my money back.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Purchased a laser jet black & white printer having 12 month warranty and purchased a two year Allstate Protection Plan. At 13 months, the printer gave a printout error message that the printer would soon not work, check your HP account. The account told me to take the printer to MicroCenter for repair. Having purchased the Allstate Protection Plan, I looked up APP, the search led to Square Trade. After six virtual & chat agents, and 1.5 hours, the Plan registration was located, and a copy of the full original receipt was requested via email. I believe HP obsoleted this printer, that Allstate aka Square Trade is a very poor investment.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

The tool's user interface is easy to use and intuitive. Also, it provides reports such as utilization in real-time. This is something we have found very useful. And it is the best tool I have ever used. It's light and doesn't have a lot of systems behind it, so it is easy to operate. Unlike other resource scheduling software, it is a highly user-friendly tool and doesn't have any cumbersome functionalities.

Original review: July 27, 2022

I ordered moving boxes in early June, they were to be delivered the last week of June but then were delayed thru UPS. A month later they are still delayed and when I reached out to the online chat they couldn't help me at all so they had someone email me-all they did was give me the status that I'd already seen on UPS tracking. They have now ignored 3 email replies from me. If these boxes ever show up it will be at an address I have moved from and I will not even be able to return them to a local store to get a refund. The 800# offers no solution and no one returns emails or phone calls. I used to spend thousands a year for work and personal supplies but that will end because of a $112 order they refuse to refund.

Office Depot response

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We would like to look further into this. Please send an email to customer.relations@officedepot.com with these details, the order #, and your best contact info so that we can look further into this. Please reference the reference # below when sending an email. Thank you.

Executive Customer Relations

220728-000028

Original review: July 25, 2022

I bought a computer chair as a gift for my father and they either sent me a return or just a broken chair. Every metal piece was rusted and both arms were different sizes. I called and it has been the worst experience trying to get a refund and trying to send it back to them. I am not even sure if I will get my $631 refund or if I will ever be able to send this chair back. Trying to get a return label has been such a run around. I originally waited 9 hours for a truck that never showed up to then be told "Oh we can give you a return label but we will just refund you".

It's been a week and no refund and I have no use for this broken chair. I'm still trying to get a return label to give them their chair back and 6 phone calls and 4 different text conversations later and I still can't get a label and I'm told different things like "We are waiting on UPS" or I'm just simply hung up on. I've never dealt with such horrible customer service. I will never shop at Office Depot in the future, they have lost my business after this experience.

Original review: July 7, 2022

I placed an order for some simple envelopes with our logo printed. There was no mention of them being out of stock nor did I get an email explaining that when I placed the order. Instead, I received an invoice and an estimated arrival date of July 5th, 2022. When the product did not arrive by the 6th and my order was still marked shipping I ask what the delay was. The agent on the chat told me it was a printing issue and they'll be rushing it. Today, July 7th, I received an email from a different agent telling me the product is back-ordered and it won't be shipping until late August. All that was needed was any type of communication or an alternative envelope option. Terrible business ethics and customer service. There is no chance I'll be using this company or would I advise anyone else to.

Original review: June 2, 2022

New patrons PLEASE BEWARE...If I could give less than 1 star I would love to. DO NOT purchase essential electronics equipment from this company! I received a defective computer that I never got the chance to use! Upon trying to get help for a replacement I was passed around in person, on the phone and email. I have been left to feel helpless as well as ripped off and ignored despite all attempts to communicate this includes reaching out to the corporate offices.

Resolution response: June 2, 2022

I was contacted today by the executive response team. I have been offered a refund and a gift card. Although I am satisfied with their response post-review, I wish that it did not take posting a review to get a response other than “Sorry. Not my problem” after hours on the phone. I do wish that they would supply their local stores with direct customer service lines. The local store reps stayed with me and tried to be a helpful as possible. Robert at the local store was awesome. I would also like to have been assured that we’re working on quality control to prevent this from happening in the future. I am thankful for Ana at Saia who did take the time to send all of the documents pertaining to the order to demonstrate to Office Depot that they had made a mistake. At this point it may take more than a gift card to restore my trust.

Original review: June 1, 2022

After patiently waiting for 2 weeks to receive furniture purchased from Office Depot, I decided to try to track down my order. After at least an hour on hold this morning, no one ever responded. This afternoon we tried to track down the furniture at the local Office Depot. Richard, the sales associate, did his best to help us to no avail. After sitting in the office furniture section for nearly two hours on hold (and couple from me in the store), we discovered that @Officedepot never shipped the order. The carrier says they never received it and OfficeDepot says it’s been delivered. All in all basically OfficeDepot said they are doing nothing about the situation. If we are still unsatisfied we are welcome to call back and be placed on hold for two more hours. Stay far, far, far away from OfficeDepot.

Office Depot Company Information