Office Depot

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased McAfee Antivirus via Amazon - sold by Office Depot. I ordered it on July 1, 2017. It was promised to be delivered by July 16, 2017. It has not been delivered. Today, July 19, 2017, I checked for shipping & it stated it might not arrive for 4 more days. As my present antivirus ended yesterday I had to use another product. It should NOT take 3 weeks for Office Depot to send a small box. I am extremely disappointed in Office Depot & will not buy from them again.

I ordered the Canon Printer and It came damaged, then I request to return my item. They said we generate the return process but today is 8th day but no response from them. I called them and they said that they are working on return process and they contact you in 4 business hours. But today is 8th day no response from them. Please don't buy anything. They are pathetic in customer service. I read article regarding Office Depot, their business is declining day by day due to their poor customer service. They always rude to their customers, never help them.

I ordered 2 cases of paper on 6/26/2017. They were on sale for $26.99 each. I got my confirmation for my card to be billed $57.76, which I printed for my records. Anyway, I get an email stating the paper is on back order and will be shipped when it is available. I noticed at the bottom of the order the total has changed to $119.82. I started a live chat and was ensured that I would only be charged the $57.76. I am verifying some charges on my account a couple days later and I see the charge from Office Depot for $119.82. I called and talked to a woman named Michelle who tells me that she can't credit me the money back until I receive the product, but she puts a note in my file stating I am owed a $58 credit and why.

I get the paper yesterday 7/3/2017, I call and I am playing 20 questions again and they are asking me why I want the $58 credit. How hard is it to give me back the money I am overcharged. So, she reads the notes and says that she is sending it over for approval and processing. I get an email this morning stating that they want to know again why I am requesting a $58 refund. I want to scream. I actually left a message telling them that all I want is to pay the price I ordered at and if they cannot give me the $58 difference they can come pick the product back up and give me all my money back. I have attached a copy of my order. I have my proof that I was overcharged and might have to file with the bank and police if this is not resolved.

I returned 6 empty cartridges today... Suppose to receive $2/per credit on OfficeMax account. Policy last 90 days on acct.? Takes 5 weeks for credit to be posted to acct. I buy $50 worth of new cartridge at least 5 times per year. Have returned empty cartridges at least 3 times in past year... HAVE SEEN NO CREDITS on my account to date. This is a huge lie and a rip off... They are pretending they're offering a "benefit" when they're actually offering you... NOTHING!!!

5/17/17 I placed an order for several pieces to furnish a new office. Delivery dates ranged from 5/18 to 5/26. Ordered 2 desks, a library return and a library along with 3 chairs. Not too much right? Wrong!! Chairs came - no problem. One desk came - right order # wrong product, library base came on the wrong order and it's gone downhill from there. Nothing else showed up. Called 3x - got one more piece on the wrong order#. Then they tried to send me a desk I already had. It's now 6/12 and I'm still waiting for a desk.

I had to actually explain to the rep the problem by telling her to get a piece of paper, divide it in two and write the order#'s down and draw lines to what we got and what we need. Sigh. Then they said, "We'll fix it, you'll have it by June 22nd." And apologies to the girl on the phone but I lost my patience. Sooo... as I said, for the love of God pleassseee do not order from here. Lesson learned - always check reviews before ordering and DO NOT SHOP AT OFFICE DEPOT. Wish I could have given them negative stars. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

I ordered a desk from OfficeDepot.com. I ordered this particular desk at a $45 premium over other sites because they guaranteed (if in stock which it was) free overnight delivery. Not only was there a $20 upcharge for the overnight delivery which I required, I am now on day 8!!! With no desk. I have been passed around from office depot customer service to their delivery company to another local delivery company, with ZERO acknowledgment of this error. I am hoping that I might make the delivery schedule 2 days from now. I live in a large enough city that this should not be an issue. Again, hopefully by day 10 I will have an item that I paid a premium for to receive overnight!!! Horrible customer service, horrible delivery and ZERO follow through. Absolutely will be using a competitor for anything I can in the future.

Ordered a $2,000+ dollar computer on 6-4-17 was given a delivery date of 7-10-17. Didn't want to wait well over a month to get it, so I tried to cancel. Contacted customer service and was told it would take 7-10 days to cancel. This is the worst service and the biggest waste of time in my life. They will charge your card fairly quickly though.

Office Depot #923 on 5533 N. Rosemead Bl., Temple City, CA 91780. I went in on 5/30/2017 at around 5:00 pm for scanning service on 7 large original calligraphy paintings. There was one customer service rep, **, in the print service department doing his best to handle every customers' needs of at least 7-10 people, plus the phones, during the roughly one hour I spent there. He told me it would be a while and it was understandable. He was able to scan one sheet but it came out slightly slanted so it needed to be redone. During the first (and only) scanning, he would assist other customers and that's how he had to handle most cases. What ended up happening was 2 or 3 of us would be waiting while he's already in the middle of helping someone else.

** was doing his best, courteous and had a great attitude. He suggested that instead of waiting, I could leave it there and pick it up the next day before noon and that someone would call. A great idea. He wrote a Project Folder and I purchased a brand new Sandisk USB. It was an empty acrylic box with no item in it. ** called for product pick up with no response. After a few minutes, he saw the one and only cashier on duty with no lines, he told me it might be quicker if I went to her. Did that, paid and got the new USB at the cashier line, went back to ** and paid for the scanning service. The next day, no calls. I went in around 3:30 pm the next day 5/31/2017.

This time there were 2 or 3 service reps in the department but no **. After finally locating my order, it hasn't even been started. Again, being told by another young man that they'll have someone get on it right away and should be ready by 6:30 and that someone would call. Again, no calls. When I called this morning 6/1/2017 at 9:30, I was told the printer is down and there's nothing they can do until it gets fixed which is another unknown and that I could go in for a refund. Monetary refund is not the only recourse to time lost and energy wasted!!!! There are severe mismanagement issues with personnel scheduling, training, hardware maintenance, and the entire customer service policy system flow. As accountability goes, this Office Depot has NONE.

I ordered a desk and chair to be picked up from a particular store that the items where showing available. I received a text saying "We had an issue with your order, an Office Depot manager will contact you shortly". I NEVER received a call, so I decided to call the store myself. Upon me informing the clerk that I received a text, the idiot cut me off, and said "Are you the one who ordered the desk and chair?" I said yes, and he then proceeded to say "Oh, I was "suppose" to call you and let you know that the items you ordered were not in stock." So I said, "Okay... What store has them in stock?" he gives me a different store and advised me to call that store to have them hold the item. Even though I was frustrated, I just said "Okay, I'll give that store a call."

HOWEVER, before I could hang up, he says, "Oh did you pay for the items already?" I said yes (I was thinking, duh dumbass! How else could you order online). Anyway then he placed me on a hold, came back on the phone and said "I cancelled your order, so if and when you find the store that has your item, then you can pay them." I said, "Why would you do that!!!", and said "Because you ordered to pick up at our store." I told the guy that my money was not back on my card. He placed me on hold and came back and said, his manager said check in an hour or so to see if it's on your card, it's going to be holding on there for sometime. Why should I be inconvenienced in paying double the money, and trust that I'll get a refund in an hour, when I haven't even got the right info online about proper in stock items and haven't received my refund still, after an hour!!!! Will never shop with Office Depot again!!!

I'm a coach. Brought in some stuff I needed copied into a PDF. I asked if they could save it to my hard drive. They said yes so I went on in. The lady was very helpful and nice. Made copies. Put it on my hard drive. When I got home 5 min after that neither of computers would recognize the hard drive. After returning into store they eventually told me I had to pay for data retrieval. I said, "Wait I paid you guys 50 bucks for the work and you mess up my hard drive which has my entire career on it and I'm responsible?" Store manager said, "Oh well". They refunded my 50 then sent me out the door. I will never go back. I didn't think that business was as amateur as that to take some things break, say "My bad" and out you go.

I ordered a small fridge. When I asked them if they could bring it in they said they were not allowed to. OKAY. I understand, so I asked them if I can use their dolly for 10 seconds to bring it in. The delivery guy said NO, I told him I can't leave it out and I was a girl alone who could not carry it. He left. RUDE, RUDE, RUDE and inconsiderate! Thank God I did not raise boys like that.

I ordered a set of (5) 48" x 40" x 36" pallet boxes on 4/28/17. The delivery terms were 3 to 5 business days (or slightly longer if ordering furniture). The item I was purchasing was definitely not furniture. On the 4th business day I called Office Depot to inquire about my order. A representative told me on the phone that I would be receiving my order that day. My order did not arrive that day. The following day (5th business day) called and went through the automated attendant which told me my order was delivered that day on 5/4/17 which it definitely was not. I spoke to another representative and she stated that she could see that the order was not delivered but she couldn't provide any information as to when it would be delivered but she was going to have the carrier contact me and provide me the information as to when the order would be delivered. No one called or emailed me after that phone call.

On 5/8/17 I called to speak to a representative to find out information regarding the delivery of my order. A representative tells me the same thing that they don't know when my order is going to arrive but she was going to "submit a request" to the resolution department to look into the order. I then asked if I could speak to the resolution department myself to expedite the process as I feel that I've already been more than patient. The representative denied my request. At that point, I figured it was best to cancel my order and purchase the same item from Uline, where I may have to pay a little more, but the item is guaranteed to be delivered the following day. I lost many valuable days waiting for this order and now there's nothing to show for it. Complete waste of Time!!!

I was not planning on making a purchase but an offer came into my inbox that promised that the item that I was going to purchase in the future could be delivered on the NEXT BUSINESS DAY, if I made the purchase within approximately half an hour. I placed the order and, only when I got the receipt, did it let me know that the item would be delivered in 5 days! When I called back, I was told that the item was a special order (even though it was specifically listed on the sale). I don't believe anything they tell me anymore. Isn't that false advertising??

DO NOT BUY A COMPUTER FROM OFFICEMAX! I bought a Dell Computer at this store just to find out that 2 1/2 months later the motherboard goes out. OfficeMax doesn't care and bears no responsibility. Just wants to pass the buck onto Dell with zero resolve. I was told, "Not our problem", I guess when you take the chance of buying a large purchase and one you bank on to run your business at OfficeMax you take the risk of getting sub-par equipment. In the past I have always bought my computers at Best Buy and I have never had a problem with their merchandise but unfortunately I chose to stay in my community and spend my money in Apache Junction... BAD MISTAKE!

Worst experience ever with this company (Office Depot). We bought a small Fridge online, by 02/02/2017, were told will get it March 2nd. Didn't happen. Give them one more week. Still didn't happen... then we asked for a refund since the merchandise wasn't received. They told us tomorrow it will happen, tomorrow will happen, the next day it will happen... and now April 14th and still didn't happen. This was the first time to deal with this company and definitely the last. I will do my best to drive business away from this company.

Avoid doing business at Office Depot like the plague! I dropped off 11 pages to get faxed and was told it would take 15 minutes! Yeah! 15 minutes to fax 11 pages. When they were done (25 minutes later) the bill was over $23.00! To justify the high price I was told that since the number used was outside the prefix number for that store it is considered a long distance phone call by them. The store is in Greeley with a prefix of 970, they faxed to Denver with a prefix of 303 but this is not a long distance charged call. The phone company simply uses different prefixes due to the high number of users, but all calls are still considered and charged as local calls. Services were rendered and I paid the bill but I personally nor will my company ever spend a nickel in the store chain again. They stung me once but never again.

Made an in store order for office furniture and in home assembly on Saturday. I paid with my Bank Debit Card. 30 minutes later when I got home I realized all the furnishings would not fit, so I cancelled 1/2 the order. When I checked my bank they had not removed the charges from the cancelled portion of the order. I called the store who told me to call corporate, when I finally reached someone in corporate they told me to talk to the store - who sent me back to corporate. Finally someone in corporate says they will give me a call in 48 business hours to let me know when they intend to refund over $900.00 that was charged to my Debit Card.

I was promised the order on Tuesday which did not happen, so I called the store and the manager asked if I would like to give my Debit Card again so that she could just create a new order (which I did not give her), miraculously she found a way to get the furniture delivered to me on Saturday without charging my card again. Now on the Monday morning there was a knock on the door with someone trying to deliver a duplicate order, I turned him away. I am yet to receive my refund of over $900.00 and this is 7 business days later. Office depot corporate office speaks to me in a tone that they have all the time in the world to refund a debit card purchase. I'm not sure how they stay in business with their attitudes, but one thing I know for sure - this long time customer won't be doing business with Office Depot in the future.

I am a consumer that seems to choose the wrong companies to do business with. First mistake signing up with CenturyLink - girl selling internet/phone deal says it is a better deal if I BUY a modem. Second mistake going to Office Depot/Office Max in Milwaukie to buy one. Installation day installers said our modem was crap and didn't bother with it. Attempted to return NEW modem to Office Depot/Office Max a month later. They REFUSED to give me my money back, would NOT give me CREDIT to use my RETURN in their store. Told that I only had TWO WEEKS to return the modem??? Retired and on fixed income so will try to sell this worthless NEW modem to someone else since I didn't need it. Does modems get old and no good AFTER TWO WEEKS??? Canceled CenturyLink a month later!

Office Depot should be avoided at all costs! Our most recent experience has been another exercise in total futility. We wanted a small, inexpensive desk quickly so did an online search and the website said the desk we wanted was in stock at the local store. Off we go, only to find out that their inventory was wrong so it would require delivery. One week later, still no delivery! No excuse, no information, no nothing. One excuse we were provided was that "Your address isn't in GPS." Since our subdivision is new, of course it isn't. But the driver never attempted to call and ask directions, anything... just decided not to deliver.

Only action we got was when we rated our satisfaction a ZERO -- then the store manager called. We explained the situation. Guess the store and delivery service don't communicate because the store manager said he was as clueless as we were about the delivery!! Are you kidding me... this day in age no way to contact the delivery people directly? That is insane!! One week and counting on the missing desk.

Two years ago had similar issues with them. (You would have thought we learned our lesson.) Ordered an office chair for delivery. NEVER showed up on my doorstep. After numerous calls the driver insisted it was on my porch and I should just bring it in. Apparently they delivered it to the wrong address -- not just the wrong address, the wrong CITY! I was told in order to get a refund I had to prove it was not delivered. Are you kidding me!!! I begged to have a picture of them showing it sitting on my front porch but that never happened. I even checked every house in my subdivision and it wasn't there.

Office Depot and their delivery service have to be the most incompetent organizations in business today. There is NO excuse that they do not have any knowledge of delivery locations, status, etc. In regards to our latest issue (missing desk) the local store manager only got involved when we provided a low rating and to quote him, "Your low rating effects everyone at the store and their bonuses." How about doing great customer service simply because it's the right thing to do???

Consumer Increased Rating!

On February 17, 2017 I ordered a six pound packet of wintergreen paraffin wax. Instead I received a one pound packet of unscented wax. I called customer service and they credited my account and placed another order. A few days later the same thing happened. I received a one pound packed of unscented wax. I contacted them again but this time they said they needed to contact the manufacturer and would get back with me. They never did. I called again and spoke with a supervisor who swore she would handle this but she never did. I emailed them with no response. I took the wax to an Office Depot store only to be told that I could not return it there because it was not in their system. I tried calling the corporate headquarters but they don't answer the phone. A voicemail says leave a message. This has been extremely frustrating and to date, I have not received a refund for an item that was never delivered.

Most horrendous delivery service I have dealt with. Office Depot should discontinue the service since they evidently cannot provide it efficiently. Run around and lies and still no delivery of filing cabinet... Completely disappointed and disgusted. DO NOT order anything online from them.

My wife and I went into the Office depot store on Halsey in Portland on 2 Feb to buy labels for a project. I had seen the ones we wanted on their website. Of course they didn't have them in the store but we could order them for delivery. We had to find them on the store computer ourselves as the agent couldn't. OK we ordered them with some ink for the next day. Of course again they did not come until the 6th. And they sent the wrong labels. We called and finally got thru to someone who helped us find a similar label. Promised for next day. It is now the 10th and we still don't have.

Tried to get help online chat and they are sorry but cannot access order info. Have to phone store. Phoned store, same response even though I have my account # and an order number for some candy I bought at the same time in store. Phoned 800 number, tried to give me the same runaround but I insisted and they found it. Told me that they could not deliver on Wednesday the 8th (remember the "next day" promise) because of weather conditions. I am in Portland. What weather conditions. On top of everything, only the candy purchase went thru to my so-called Rewards program. No wonder I never get any points! This crappy service is getting worse, and unfortunately not just at Office Depot. T-Mobile same thing. Centurylink same thing. On and on. Consumers in Europe do not tolerate this type of service. Why do dumb-** Americans?

A little over a year ago, I bought a laptop for work and a lifetime protection plan to go with it. Well a few months later, it's not working anymore. I take it back to the store since 1, they say they repair computers, and 2, I had bought a protection plan. The guy working there tells me that it could be any number of things but they have no way of finding out what it is so "I don't know, maybe call HP?" Frustrated, I take it to a computer repair shop. They tell me immediately what the problem is and that all it needs is a screen replacement (the part that broke was attached to the bottom of the screen on the inside) and that they can replace it easily, but since it's still under warranty from OfficeMax, it may be easier/cheaper to just see if they'll replace it. So I take it back a few days later and tell them I just need a screen replacement.

This time, the guy working the computer repair desk puts me on hold with some 800 customer service line, who after getting various information for over twenty minutes tells me that they'll just email me a shipping label, have me mail my computer to them (and pay whatever shipping costs necessary), and once they see that it's shipping, they'll send me a $200 gift card. At this point, I'm just pissed off but agree to it anyway. It's been over a month and I still haven't even been emailed this apparent shipping label. If I could go back in time, I never would have even stepped into OfficeMax to buy my computer. Worst store ever and I love office stores/supplies. Don't ever go there! They SUCK!

My order showed as ready for store pickup in Irvine CA as ordered. The problem was the order was shipped to Florida not California. This was the first and last order I will ever place. I was also told it was damaged in Florida and sent back to the manufacturer. No one took the time to contact us. Instead of correcting the issue I was told I had to wait 7-10 days for a refund and to make it worse I had to restart the order as a new order and have lost 2 weeks time. Not only did they lose and damage the order on top of it, I had to tell them there was a problem and now I must wait 2 weeks for a refund. Get out of the online business, you are totally failing to grasp the concept of service. I would have given zero stars if I could.

I was given a gift card for Christmas by my husband. I specifically asked for a gift card to OfficeMax because that is where I purchase my office supplies for my business. I went to the store four days after Christmas only to be told the card was used in another state. I live in Pennsylvania, this purchase was made in California. I have not flown or ever been to California. I have been repeatedly dropped when being transferred and I am always cordial. I will never use OfficeMax or Office Depot again and will make sure I spread the word via social media everywhere. Since the card never left my possession, I can only assume this was fraud within OfficeMax. At this time, I am still waiting to hear if this will be resolved in any way for me.

I ordered a product from Office Depot 12-12-16 and 1 hour later I called the Customer Service number to cancel the order. I received a cancellation number at that time. Money was removed from my PayPal account on 12-12-16 and I have yet to receive a refund of my money 01-04-17. Needless to say I will NEVER buy from Office Depot again.

This may seem trivial to some people, but I am incredibly frustrated with Office Depot right now. Last year I bought some PaperPro staplers through Office Depot and all of them were $25/each and are quite possibly the biggest pieces of junk I have ever wasted money on. I have tried on 5 separate occasions to leave a negative review for these staplers and each time my review is rejected. I have wasted valuable time composing high quality reviews (per their suggestions), breaking down specifically what has failed and what I do and do not like, even including pictures of the malfunctioning products, only to have them almost immediately reject the review after submission. I have followed their review guidelines to a T to make sure that I did not violate any of their guidelines ensuring my review would be published online to warn other customers about this poorly made product.

The only reason that I can come up with as to why this is happening, is because Office Depot is being compensated in one way or another for keeping negative reviews on certain products to a minimum so as to not allow the products rating to fall below a certain level. I am a big review reader, I base most all of my purchase decisions mainly on the products online reviews. I feel it is deceptive and dishonest to filter reviews in this manner. I will not spend any more of my money at Office Depot. As a matter of fact, I made an order shortly before I tried one last time to post a review. It was rejected within a matter of minutes. I promptly cancelled my order and went to Staples. Even though I had an Office Depot coupon applied to my order, I ordered the same items from Staples and saved over $50 (and I had no Staples coupon!).

Office Depot has lost my business for good. After they merged with OfficeMax things have gone downhill. The website is always having some sort of issues, my rewards points are sometimes applied and sometimes not... Sometimes it shows I have reward points to redeem but then I am unable to redeem them. Also, a few weeks ago I had a back ordered item ship and when it arrived the envelope was empty and it took me talking to 3 separate customer service reps to them to re-ship my missing item. I am usually a very patient person, but for some reason them repeatedly rejecting my reviews for absolutely no reason is really irritating me and that was sort of the straw that broke the camel's back.

We was in need of a new computer desk and found what we liked at the Puducah, KY store. Not having a truck we chose to order online. That was 11/19/16. Experience went well with a delivery date of 12/02/16. Total price for desk and hutch was $703. Delivery date comes, no delivery. That being a Friday, I called CS Monday morning, and was told delivery service had a invalid phone number and would have to reschedule for 12/13/16.

Delivery date comes, no delivery. Instead delivery service called me to inform me that items came in damaged and would have to reorder. Called CS again, this time rescheduled for 12/20/16 and refunded me the shipping charges plus extra $30.00. Up to this point CS had been well. Delivery date comes, no delivery. Waited till 12/22/16 and called CS again, and canceled order. Was told refund would be issued for $588.00 minus money already refunded.

At that time I went to Saunders website whom makes the furniture and found an affiliate company with the same items for far less than OD plus free shipping.

I must say that OD has been fairly helpful to a point, but allowing the delivery service they have to continue to rip people off is unacceptable. CS needs to be moved to US. Will NEVER, NEVER order anything from OD anymore. Will give OD a couple of days to refund my money then I will go to Illinois Attorney General's Office and file complaint. Hope it doesn't come to that.

Office Depot had the HP 15-ay196nr laptop on sale for Black Friday. I placed my order at 12:01 am on Thanksgiving morning, 11-24-16. I received my confirmation email at 12:09 am and it said I was supposed to receive it on 12-5. Since then I have gotten nothing but a runaround from them. First the order was still processing for 7 days. A follow up email was sent on 12-10, after I contacted them, saying it would arrive on 12-15. Then I found out on it was canceled without an email being sent on 12-13. I was given a number to call to escalate my order and the gentleman there said the laptop was sold out.

After 19 days I am told that the laptop is no longer available! He did offer to find me a comparable laptop at the advertised price, so I agreed. The delivery date was supposed to be 12-19, BUT I was just informed the date has been pushed back to 12-21. How can I have been able to place my order 1 minute after the sale started and not be able to get it?? I even talked to a real live person to make sure I was able to get in on the sale. I just told the last person I talked to that was cutting it close to be able to get it for Christmas.

I bought an HP printer and 2 year warranty. It crashed and I brought it back. The manager replaced it. That HP printer crashed and I brought it back. I then changed to an Epson and bought a 2 year warranty. It died 2 months before the warranty expired. I brought it back and they refused to replace it. Said I had to call the warranty company. I did and I never registered it because I just brought them back. They said the manager should not have replaced the printers. I finally just told them what to do with the printer and left. They were excellent and now they REALLY SUCK!!!

Office Depot Company Profile