2.24/5

892 Office Depot Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

I went in the store at 362 East Capitol Drive, To Buy a laptop, I found the one I loved. It was a Dell Inspiron 14 2 in 1. The technician offered to set up all the programs. I was like fine. Came back later that night. Picked up my laptop. A week in It started blinking, one night I heard it ring twice & asked for a passcode. I tried to shake it off like no, how can my computer ring. One day my adapter stop working & the speakers, I called Dell. They told me the serial numbers or specs don’t match and that was one of their old computers shipped out earlier in 2018. I called the store I bought it from, the manager asked me for the service code number & she said, "Oh." Y’all she right. This was one of the Black Friday computers.

I contacted the district manager. Comes to find out my whole transaction was fraudulent on his part to get commission! But wait. This ** was remotely in my computer from his house & Office Depot has my crashed computer with all my information & job information with customers information! I talked to the Federal Trade Commission today. They told me to call the police to get my personal data & get the computer to have it investigated! I spoke with another office manager at the store & she stated she can not tell me exactly what happened to him or all the specifics of the case but he’s under investigation! Also he did a tax override on many items on the receipt! He had my laptop listed as a open box item meaning he sold me a used computer that he put a remote desk top app on to invade my privacy!

Someone please help. I suffer from anxiety & panic attacks. This is humiliating. Look at the receipts & the evidence I pulled up, I even have screenshots of talking to the district manager claiming, "Oh please. Let us take care of you, did you go to the store on South 27th & pick out another laptop!" Yeah but why is my personal information all through Wisconsin Office Depot! Look at the pictures.

Original review: March 17, 2019

We needed black toner, I found the best price with next day delivery at OfficeMax and ordered it. The next day it wasn't delivered, I checked the tracking and they "shipped" it the next day, which was going to be ok. I checked tracking again and it said it was in transit to us, that day ended and no toner. I checked tracking again and it said "delayed" and didn't make it to us for 4 more days. The excuse was that the truck broke down, I know they need to make a profit but they are shipping products via "independent" FedEx delivery drivers and not actually FedEx. It's a shame that since getting bought out by Office Depot, customer service has gone down the tube. Will no longer be buying products from them.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: March 16, 2019

Their ad said if I bought 2 reams of paper, I'd get $10 towards a future purchase put on my rewards card. I bought the 2 reams, but when I went back in to use the $10, they didn’t put it on my rewards card. I now purchase office supplies anywhere else I can, but not at Office Depot.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 14, 2019

We ordered an entire furniture set on February 27th, when the delivery came a few days later - 1 piece was missing - and 1 piece was incorrect. Since then, and for the past almost 3 weeks we have made call after call to Office Depot. We were told it was shipped, yet never received phone calls. They put it on the freight delivery company, so I made constant calls to them and they never received our order. Finally Office Depot admitted they lost our furniture and would refund us the amount of the 2 pieces and reorder the items. We were charged again for those 2 items and only offered a $20 credit as consolation. We have called every day - this company has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Our office build out is on hold and I can't get my agents set into their offices with these things happening. Will never order from them again.

Office Depot response
Shannon - I'm sorry that we provided you with such a poor experience. Our team will be reaching out to you today to dig into this and make it right.
- Casey A

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I placed an order online on Feb, 27, 2019 for a box of cookies that were to be an 85 ct box, a box of Keebler cookies that were an 8 count box and added 4 clearance packets of Puff pockets tissues to make the order free shipping. I received an order confirmation of the order as all was in stock almost immediately after I placed the order. The order was split into 2 separate order with 2 different order numbers. One for the big 85 count box of Cookies and One for the Keebler 8 ct and the Puff tissues. The cost of the 85 count cookies were $34.99 which was reduced to $27.99 via a code I had added being a first time customer. The Keebler cookies on sale were 7.90 the tissues .39 ea. I received an email confirmation of shipment and my credit card was charged for all the items in both orders.

Within a few days I did receive the supposedly 85 count box of cookies but they were not 85 packets of cookies in the box. There were only 75 and they were squished into the box. I opened a pack and most of the cookies were crumbs. These were not what I had expected to receive, I called Office Depot and spoke to an agent whom I could not understand but he did give me a reference number and stated someone would contact me asap. No one did. I sent an email and called again, I was told that I would have to wait until they contacted their dealer/seller as the product was from a third party "seller". I said If I'd known I was buying from a SELLER I would have ordered for eBay! I had never heard of such a thing - Office Depot could not do anything before they spoke to the seller of the Cookies?? This makes no sense.

Now I am waiting for my other cookies still and I get a phone call that they are not available and won't be shipped. How can that be when I have already received a shipping confirmation on that order and a tracking number - I checked the tracking number and it was for the cookies I already received! The other tracking number for the cookies I did receive showed it was never shipped. Office Depot charged my credit card for both orders and both were not shipped and how could they have stated they were shipped when they were out of stock/unavailable as they told me on the phone. I went back and forth too many times to keep track and all I wanted was my money credited back for items that I didn't receive and to return the defective cookies asking for a prepaid label.

It became so discouraging it literally began to make me sick. I go to church if I feel up to it but that's it other than doctors. I do all online shopping even to my groceries. This is the first time I have ever been so infuriated with a company as I am Office Depot as they do not stand by the products they sell and they have the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

Office Depot has no clue as to what they are doing, they had tracking numbers mixed up and I was charged for orders that were not shipped. I finally did see a credit on my credit card for the cost amount of $27.99 and I had spoke to an agent that asked if I wanted to order the Keebler cookies and I said, "NO, they are not available anyway," and she said she did not know why I was told that because they were available and so were the Puff tissues. If I still wanted them she would order them for me at the cost of only $4.00 for the cookies and .13 for the tissues and she would also credit my account right at that time for the original cost that was charged. I said I would do it, I'm a fool, or blame it on the TBI and other multiple health issues or the point that I trusted this girl.

I don't know if I received the original order Keebler cookies or the ones she said she ordered but I was charged the full amount, not what she had told me and I had the email she sent confirming the amount. I don't care anymore, Office Depot did credit my credit card for the $27.99 and took off the amount of the cookies only to add it back on twice. I can live with it but this whole ordeal has made me physically ill and I don't want anymore to do with Office Depot. They have called my home and I'm not able to get to the phone at times. They called today March 9, 2019 and I don't want anymore to do with them. I told the last person not to call me anymore. If they need to contact me do it via email.

They are scammers, sell products they don't have available but charge you for them and say they have shipped. I just want to make other consumers aware of Office Depot so they will never have to go through what I did. Do not order from this company, they have "Sellers" and can't made decisions without the seller's consent. That is ridiculous! I have started a BAN on Office Depot and it is already went from NY to VA. Most of the stores have shut down, wonder why? None near me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

Original review: March 1, 2019

I’ve been in there a few times now and every single time I am ignored, they don’t have the products I want, or the employees are little to no help. Not that it matters, but I also always have a baby with me and they still ignore a woman holding a child. It is very evident that the employees would rather be anyone but at the store helping you. They have an entire service dedicated to printing yet they offer no help when it comes to printing things for you. If this was only one time I wouldn’t really care but every single time I go in there I get 0 help.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Online Buyers beware. You will be cheated into paying for two of whatever you order. I received a damaged desk and used their instructions in order to return it. Very quickly, they offered to send me another one at a small discount. I agreed and their processed the new order, but have never refunded me or credited my account of the first purchase. It has now been 35 days of promises and lies. Now they will not answer my last email. They have stolen $192.56 from me.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I recently purchased a large desk to be shipped to my home. The day before delivery I was contacted by Office Depot informing me that the item was lost and they would cancel my order and place a new one for me. I received a confirmation of the cancelled order, but still both orders ended up being delivered and I was charged twice. Now I have to take off work to have them pick up the large item that I never ordered in order to get a refund and they can't even offer a simple coupon.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Office Depot seems to get worst every year. I have been shopping with them for over 20 years when they were just Office Max, however Office Depot/Office Max is insulting. The customer service representatives lie, misrepresent their service and send shipments that have been confirmed canceled. I placed and order for officer supplies and paper on January 30, 2019 After numerous discrepancies about my applicable rewards points I called customer service. He said, "Place the order and I will apply the points." I submitted the order and customer service disconnected me. I called back immediately after checking my account and it was processing without the rewards. The customer service agent then told me that the rewards would apply to my next order.

I CANCELED THE ORDER. I CANCELED THE ORDER BY PHONE, BY E-MAIL AND THE 800 NUMBER. I received an e-mail to confirm the cancellation as well as a copy of the dialogue on chat canceling the order. I later received an e-mail stating they could not cancel the order. I called the bank and customer service. I was told to refuse the order when it was delivered. ALL OF THIS IS IN WRITING. I told the bank and customer service I was not accept the order and don't deliver it. There were more than a dozen calls and 0 or more e-mail communications about this order. When I arrived back at shop/office on the 5th of February the order was sitting at my door step. I did not touch it. I put a note on it for Office Depot and called the bank again. Customer service said they would pick it up and then the said I needed to call dispatch. What liars.

I received another e-mail advising that the Office Depot truck would pick the order up on the 7th, or the 8th. Then another e-mail that I should call dispatch. I took photographs of the order sitting at my doorstep and advised them to remove their ** from my property. I tried calling the CEO. I went to the Office Depot Store all to no avail. This order has been sitting outside through the rain, a heavy wind storm and the snow. I took another picture of the packages stacked about waist high on the 9th. Same spot. The customer service person or robot 'ROBERT' has contradicted himself so many times it's unreal. My bank has been notified that this order was canceled before it was processed. Customer service refused to cancel it and sent it after repeated demands not to and refuse to pick it up.

In a couple of days it will be garbage and I will request that the Department of Sanitation remove it with the other debris. Office Depot has made every possible attempt to force me to purchase their products while they fail to honor their on-line sales and rewards. False advertising, Fraud. Yes Fraud... the site asked me to purchase additional merchandise for a discount and customer service responded by saying I get the discount on the next order. I was only trying to place an order for a case of paper and was bull pooped into almost $200.00 in merchandise. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER PATRONIZE OFFICE DEPOT AGAIN!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

We received an email this morning that OFFICE DEPOT is shipping an order of toner cartridges to us. The PROBLEM IS WE DIDN’T ORDER, ASK OR APPROVE AN ORDER OF ANY KIND! They charged our credit card for over $300.00, and put us in a bind. We needed that to pay bills this week. The customer service said that the refund will take 7-10 business days!!! They must’ve kept our credit card information from the purchase at one of their brick and mortar stores when we bought toner a couple of months ago. During the chat, I realized that whomever Office Depot has doing their customer support, is not in the USA. Poor English - wrong verbs and grammar. This just made up our mind, that we will no longer do any business with Office Depot.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I place an order on Office Depot/Office Max For a Targus Laptop Rolling Bag through my PayPal account on January 24, 2019. They charged my account two times! I called customer service and they then said my order is canceled! And that the extra charge wasn't a charge but that is a Lie!!! They took my money and won't refund it back to my account!! I paid a lot of money for this bag and needed it for College and was ready to pick it up at the store near me!!! Office Depot or Office Max whatever is a fraud company who takes customers money and doesn't refund them back!

They are sorry and should be reported for the selfless and fraud they do to their customers. I am so angry, upset and feel as though they took not only my money but my dignity of not being treated fair!! This is outrageous and absolutely not right!! I have called and called and they keep saying that it will be in there in 24 hours!! Liars, Thieves, Crooks!! I will see to it that my voice is heard and that everyone knows they are fraud and they won't own up to stealing my money and probably others money, It's like saying they got charged with a crime and getting away with it and there is no justice!!! I will not let them get away with this even if I have to go up their store or use my voice to prove they did wrong!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I purchased one HP laptop at the end of Nov., 2018. Office Depot sent two laptop in separate shipments by mistake and charged my PayPal account twice. I never opened the second package. Since I was overwhelmed during holiday season, I approached their store in Rosemead, CA, to resolve this issue on Jan. 13, 2019. They told me since the item was ordered online, I needed to return it directly to the HQ. They did not inform me that extended return period for holiday purchase would end on 1/14/2019. I made contact with their customer services to address this issue a couple days later. After arguing with them in regards to the nature of this incident, they finally issued a return authorization. Since there was not further notice of return status, I made contact with their customer services again. They informed me that return had been denied by their vendor since this was special order item and was out of their return period.

I thought it was very unfair for me as a consumer. First, I did not order the second laptop. It was Office Depot's mistake to send an extra to me and charged me for it. Therefore, returning the item and getting a refund should be considered as a remedy to their mistake and should not be under the restriction of their or their vendor's return policy. Secondly, they did not indicated the HP laptop as a special order item on their ad. If they disclosed it, I would have second thought for purchasing this item. Thirdly, why a customer need to be punished for Office Depot's own mistake. I most likely will never purchase anything from this company any more and encourage other consumers to give a second thought before you hand your hard earned money to their hand. Very disappointed at your service, Office Depot.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

OFFICE DEPOT - I also want to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN and not be DISCRIMINATED. My name is Rowland ** and I am a PERMANENT RESIDENT and the owner of a Security Systems company in this great country of the USA. I have so much to thank for welcoming me as a son. Just today I try to apply for the credit card at the OFFICE DEPOT store located at 7240 SW 88th St Miami, Florida between 6 pm to 8 p.m. with the interest of buying an equipment that only and exclusively was in this place, for its characteristics and taking advantage of the geographical location very close to my house.

I am directed to **, sales consultant and great person, to make the application, then which requests additional data, making from the store the call to the number of new personal accounts **, and talking to a FIRST REPRESENTATIVE confirms the approval of a credit of $1000.00 and assures me that I could make the purchase at the time, presenting only my identification card, then I refer to the aforementioned sales consultant, to proceed with the payment of the equipment. When he enters the data on his computer, none of these appear, so the FIRST MALTREAT AND A LIE is evidenced. I make a second call, this time the SECOND REPRESENTATIVE tells me that I must wait for 7 to 10 days and upon receiving the card I could then make the purchase.

Why if my application was made from the store and my credit was approved and they are also confirming it, I can not make the purchase? Why are other people allowed to make the purchase immediately after their credit was approved? This is a clear example of DISCRIMINATION. There is no store in this country where you apply for a credit and being approved you have to wait 7 to 10 days to execute a purchase. I request to speak with a manager of the National Customer Service, his name **, from whom he expects a positive, logical response and his words were: "IF YOU WANT CANCEL THE CREDIT REQUEST" (Verify in the recordings the veracity of my words). An unethical response, against all commercial marketing and management policy.

DO I HAVE TO WAIT TO BE AN AMERICAN CITIZEN SO THAT MY RIGHTS ARE RESPECTED AS A CLIENT? My thanks to Mr. **, the only worker of this company who made me feel like a customer, unlike the other aforementioned lacking in professionalism, knowledge, updating and that make OFFICE DEPOT look like a company full of mediocrity, lack of vision, incompetent, incoherent, anti-commercial and I hope that some of its managers will change my opinion, with a convincing answer.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

We have a business account and out of the blue the card we had on file with their site stopped working. My first call to fix it took 40 mins, didn't get fixed, and someone was supposed to get back to me and never did. My second call I was told to call the billing department. I call billing and get the most useless rep I've ever dealt with. It felt like she was reading a paragraph from a manual again and again no matter what question I asked. They said to call my bank and confirm it's not an issue with them, it wasn't.

I tried emailing tech support and they started me all over even though I explained the steps we already took. The back & forth with them was infuriating and actively wasted my time. The problem was never resolved, and they obviously don't care, or don't have the infrastructure to handle it whenever something goes wrong. If they did, at least one out of the many Office Depot employees I worked with would have found some person in that company who knows what they're talking about.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

On December 072018. I open an Office Depot account to purchase Lenovo® IdeaPad 320 17 Laptop, 17.3" Screen, 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i5, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows® 10 Home, 80XM0000US. Order Number: ** Order placed: 12/07/2018. I received a phone call saying that I would be receiving it on 12/19/2018. I also called on 12/18/2018 to confirm delivery because it still showed processing in my orders. 12/20/2018 I called again regarding the status and was told it was on back order and I wouldn't receive my order before Christmas.

Today I called to get a shipping estimate on the back order item and did not receive a coherent answer. The gentlemen I could not answer if I would be receiving my order or not. This has been a very frustrating experience being that my order was delayed and no one can tell me when or if my order will be shipped. As of 01/21/2019, the issue has not been rectified. I have missed sales opportunities from other businesses while being deceived by Office Depot Customer Service.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Went to shop to print 20x20 size black and white copy around 8.45pm, 01/17/2019. In print section, one lady helping customer with big order, after waiting 3 min, she broke conversation with other customer and addressing me and point out self service. I told her before using service I need pricing info. She said, "Will be back in couple of minutes," and made me to wait till 9 pm. After finish up with other customer she came to me and told that not able to do the print today. All my required conversation took 2 min max. After me no other customer. Then I started to tell her that, "Just to inform this you made me to wait for 15minutes." Until that time she was normal. After she hear what I said she raised her voice and cut me in and telling that, "This is how we do it."

At that time other lady closing the store and joined the conversation and asked what happened. After listened, she also started shouting at me and worsely started racist comments like any country service is like this only. I felt like by see my color she passed comments like this. Her facial gestures turned to angry at me. While doing conversation she rushed me to door and laugh at me sarcastically. I never felt fear before like this today with these two ladies at OfficeMax today. Also they shout at me for stopping by at late hours. Today OfficeMax loses the customer. By look at the customer service I can understand how the OfficeMax is doing business.

I understand their frustration at closing time. I am not sure about my work how long will take and their rush hours. I just want to stop by and check whether my job can be done now or not. I am just trying to tell them to use little common sense while handling waiting customers. Take a couple of minutes, break from long job customers and address the waiting customers and tell them their waiting time. Customers will decide to wait or not.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I ordered a computer chair. Said 2 in stock. Got a Call 15 minutes later. They did not have it. Now here I am a week later waiting for refund. The lady at headquarters said they are not able to do refund. I need to contact my bank.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Went into store for computer problem. Help desk was very knowledgeable and took care of it. Recommended the tech support program, so I signed up for auto pay. Requested online assistance in Jan, programmer kept moving things around and putting things in recycle bin. Problem not solved and recycle bin was not emptied. Requested assistance again today, no resolution again. Requested cancel and was in one year subscription with early cancellation fee. First month only can cancel without fee. TOTAL WASTE!!!!

Hi Jackie,

I'm sorry this happened to you, it is certainly not the experience we want our customers to have. I'll be having our team reach out to you and we'll escalate the matter so that the problem is solved.

Thanks,

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I ordered a desk and decided to cancel my order the following day and they went ahead and canceled it. However, the item still shipped and I was told to refuse the order, which I did. Well they still took the money out of my account and I am now told it will be 7-10 days until I get a refund. That will be a total of almost two weeks that it took to refund my money. This is completely unacceptable.

Office Depot response

Brandon - Thanks for your feedback. We will look into this and follow up with you to resolve the issue.

- Casey A

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

On Jan 3rd, I ordered an AKRacing Master Series Max gaming chair in Indigo color. The chair was on sale on the website for $349 plus an additional 20% off coupon made my total $299 and change. I was sent an email stating delivery would be on Jan 10th. I checked their tracking link on the 6th to verify the delivery date and was pleasantly surprised to find that the date had been updated to Jan 8th, Great! On Jan 8th, the chair failed to arrive, so I called customer service to inquire. I was told that someone would call the next day to inform me of the status and updated delivery date. However, the next day a woman called and said that Office Depot would not be able to fulfill my order and it would be cancelled.

All the while, the same item was on their website, now off sale at $499, as available and in stock ready for shipment. Makes me wonder if someone realized the price I was paying and said, "We can't let it go for that!" My question is, why did they not say, "We will ship the chair as soon as it is available, but may take extra time." Or, now that it is presumably, according to the website, back in stock; allow me to purchase the chair at the same price I ordered it for originally? Seems like spotty customer service to me with a lack of communication and accuracy between humans and the website. Makes me wonder if orders can be placed with Office Depot websites with any confidence of accurate fulfillment.

Office Depot response

Thanks for your feedback, I'm sorry we disappointed you with the delivery of your chair. Our team will be reaching out to you directly, within the next 24-48 hours if not sooner, to help sort this out and make things right.

Sincerely,

Office Depot, Inc.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I attempted to purchase a printer and use the 20% off coupon online. It would not take the coupon. I got on chat. And the party on chat told me the coupon does not apply to sale items. I advised him the printer is not on sale and then he says, "Oh coupons are not good on technology products." I advised him that I will not be making the purchase there. They obviously use coupons to lure you to the purchase but then do not honor them.

Office Depot response

Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry we disappointed you.

Our coupon offers typically aren't able to be used with technology and consumer electronics products due to the fact that those products are already priced in an extremely competitive manner.

We will share your experience with our marketing team for their review. Thank you very much for your comment.

Sincerely,

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I ordered a computer gaming chair for gift that I wanted for Christmas. I knew the order wasn't going to arrive before the 25th because I ordered late but the order was suppose to arrive on the 27th at the latest. On the 27th it never came. I contacted them over the phone and they responded saying, "We will get back to you as soon as we know the arrival of your package." Four days later with no contact from them I call again, they respond the people in charge of my order will contact me tomorrow. On the second of January they email me saying that my order is on backorder and they will not have it in stock until the 15th plus 3-5 days of shipping. I called today the 3rd of January and told them how disappointed I was and they offered no way to compensate me but by a measly %15 back from my order. I told them I want my money back and to cancel the order and that I will never do business with them again and I advise no one else to either.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I needed item to organize things prior to having open heart surgery. Wasted a week because Office Depot deleted my order the same day I placed it but didn't tell me, and their automated system kept telling me the order was being processed and that it would be delivered on schedule. It was only when it didn't arrive, and I talked to a live customer service rep that I was told that the order had been deleted on the same day that I had placed it (i.e. 4 days earlier). I ended up ordering the item from another company because I could no longer trust Office Depot, and because of the delay, I am struggling to put my business matters in order before I go to the hospital for a triple coronary artery bypass.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Early November I ordered a customer assembled desk from Office Depot. The delivery date was for the 19th of November. They called me the day before to be sure I would be home to accept delivery. I stayed home all day and they never showed up or called. I called customer service and was assured that they would deliver the next day on the 20th. Didn’t happen. I called customer service again, and again was assured 100% guaranteed that they would deliver on the 21st. Never happened. On the 22nd, I cancelled my order and asked for my refund. I was told I had to bring the desk (that I never received) to a store. After many phone calls and hours of holding, I finally got them to understand that I never received the desk. Now, it’s into January, and I still have not had my $368 refunded. Office Depot is the most poorly run operation that I’ve ever had the misfortune of doing business with. When they go under (not if) it will be their own fault.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I ordered a laptop and then promptly returned on 12/2. They wouldn’t accept the return in the store, so I called and got a return authorization. It is now 12/31 and I still don’t have my $349 credit OR the laptop. I have a string of emails saying the return is being processed, but it has never gone through. I will NEVER do business with Office Depot again!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Ordered 12-26, paid for by 11:00 AM shipping. You divided order into 2 packages. 1 shipped 12-26, the other 12-27. First arrived 12-27. It is 12-30 and second has not arrived yet. We are in an RV park in Long Key, FL and must leave tomorrow 12-31. We hoped to leave early in AM as we have a long drive. The adapter we are waiting for controls the brakes for our towed car. I would never trust you to mail order anything again or suggest anyone else to.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I ordered a desk at the end of November. After not getting it a few days after the expected delivery date I called where they said they would re-order it for me. I then got an email the next day saying my re-order was canceled due to "bad weather" in my area. We never had bad weather. I then called to ask when they were going to re-ship it then and she said she would put the request in and I would get a call within 24 hours. Never got the verification email that she re-ordered it again and was never contacted. A week later I emailed asking about it and told them if I was not going to get the package I wanted a refund. I have waited two weeks now with no package.

Called them tonight they said they could only give me a refund if I returned the package THAT I NEVER GOT. I called and explained it to them. They said my package was still in the warehouse so I would be getting my refund in 3-5 business days. MY PACKAGE WAS NEVER EVEN SENT OUT AFTER CALLING OVER 5 TIMES ABOUT IT. Highly unhappy with service. Will be reviewing just about everywhere I can to let people know their service is horrible. It does not matter how good the "deal" is, I will never EVER order from them again. Not for my home stuff or even now the bank that I order thousands of dollars worth of equipment for from them usually. They just lost a pretty big client.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

If I were to rate on product and delivery, I wouldn't give one star. However, contacting the seller was extremely frustrating. This item was not taxed in my state. Amazon contacted the seller on my behalf, twice. I contacted the seller, numerous times; I lost count. The response, a good five times was, "we need your tax-exempt number." My response was that the item was not taxable in my state. The response back to me, several times was, "we need your tax-exempt number." Obviously, the various people that did respond did not understand English, and they did not research the fact that the coffee creamer was not taxable in my state. I consider this lousy customer service, and I won't buy from this seller again.

I don't have time to waste. Had they said that they found out the item was in fact taxable in my state, I would have thought they might have understood English and did some research, erroneous as it might have been. However, obviously, there is a script they follow without any thought. Office Depot, you need to hire people who understand English and can actually operate without a script. If they don't know how to operate, they should at least send the message to a supervisor. Your service is abominable. I have given you every chance before I sent my negative feedback, but obviously, you do not care about your customers. Oh, and by the way, I have never given any business one star before. You are the first.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I will NEVER use Office Depot again. I placed an order for about $200.00 of office supplies on Thursday 12/13. Was pleasantly surprised that it could be delivered next day delivery for free. Got an email saying it would be delivered Monday 12/17. Fine. Monday morning received an email that it was delivered at 9 am. Problem is, it was never delivered. It was dozens of items in 5 different cartons supposedly. But no one in the office had seen it or the delivery driver. Thought maybe driver had lied about delivery and it would come the next day.

When we hadn't received it by Tuesday 12/18, I logged into account online and tried chatting with a rep. When I explained my problem, the first rep passed me on to another person. She seemed very nice. Said she would forward a request to the support team to check with carrier and would reply to me within 24 hours. LIES. Gave me a reference number but no one ever followed up by email or phone call.

On Thursday, 12/20 I started another chat with another rep. Explained again the situation and they couldn't say if they ever reached out to driver or not. Refused to answer me when I questioned her about that. Only could tell me that my original order had been canceled and that a reorder was pending. I asked her why, I had not authorized that. And why had I not been notified. That's their process apparently. Couldn't give me an answer. Then I find out that the reorder is going to cost me about 20% more than original order.

When I protested she said she could try to help me. Supposedly she had 'technical issues' and it took about 30 minutes for her to reply and say she had adjusted price and that she would need a phone number for a rep to call me for credit card info to place the order. When I didn't reply within 30 seconds, after her being idle for almost 30 minutes she disconnected the chat and closed the window.

I immediately tried to open a new chat, with a different rep again, explain the whole long story of what had happened. Took her a few minutes to look into it and tell me the reorder is pending payment now. And that it actually was still for slightly more than the original. Not wanting to waste another half an hour trying to adjust the price again. I told her the price was close enough, I just needed to pay with credit card to get order processed. Was told I would have to pay through customer service department. That they would call me to process payment. I gave her my phone number and was told a callback was scheduled for within the hour. Also asked if she could provide a delivery date and was told Friday 12/21, but that might be adjusted upon payment. LIES.

I waited for over 2 hours, never received the callback. Finally was frustrated and called them. The customer service agent that answered was barely intelligible and could not understand me when I told him my name. I had to shout it 5 times before he understood me. Told him I wanted to provide credit card information to process a pending order, since it wasn't possible to do this online (why you can't do this online also baffles me). Got that taken care of and he says ok, order will be delivered Wednesday 12/26!! When I asked why he told me I had missed the 5 pm cutoff for next day delivery and that both Monday 12/24 and Tuesday 12/25 there are no deliveries because of Holiday. I told him that wasn't my fault, that this all was a screw up on their end and that their reps never called back when they promised that they would. All he kept repeating was it will be delivered 12/26. Or that he could delay shipment for even longer!

The whole idea was to have these item before the Holiday and not run into this problem with delivery. I could have gone to the store and purchased these items in half the time it's now taken to deal with multiple lying reps that just say, "I'm sorry, let me look into it", but then never give you an answer or actually take care of anything. I can almost guarantee, by reading the many other reviews that say the same thing, that I will have problems getting the original refunded to my card!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I bought this monitor from Office Depot for a Black Friday sale online last Nov 22nd. I received an email on Nov 27th that my order was shipped Nov 25th and gave me UPS tracking info. I checked almost every day to track it and the UPS website shows "Order is on its way..." but if you look closely only the label was created. - Lie # 1 I really believe the Item was never shipped at all. All instances I mentioned below were just a succeeding bunch of lies because in the first place, no monitor was shipped.

2 weeks later (I really think this is enough time to follow up), Dec 8, I sent a text message to Office Depot for follow up as I have not receive the monitor. The rep responded apologizing that they will take care of it. Gave me a request number and that someone will call me back to find out and will give me the delivery date. The following day I got a voice message where the rep told me my order will be delivered Dec 13. - Lie #2 The monitor never arrived as promised. Dec 11 - received an email from Office Depot asking me for a review on the product. "What do you think about the Dell monitor?" Are you serious? So I still wrote a review stating I cannot review a product I never received and that they need to resolve this issue.

Dec 15 - I texted Office Depot again. Enough time again to know that my order is still not delivered. The rep again apologizes and told me it was taken cared of and that someone will call me back with an answer. Gave me a request number. The following day, a rep left a voice message apologizing. The reason it was not delivered is due to a snowstorm and that it will be delivered soon. Lie #3 Really? Again the tracking number in UPS still shows "Order is on its way..."

Dec 16 - received an email stating my review was rejected because it is not within their guidelines. Duh! It is just one way of reaching out to emphasize they did not deliver the monitor. Dec 18 - I received a voice message apologizing that my order was lost in transit. They placed another order on my behalf but I have to call to confirm. An email was also sent for the details. So I actually received 2 emails. 1st email stated they successfully refunded me per my request. Lie #4. I never requested any refund. They did it without my consent. 2nd email stated they placed another order with the same specification and amount but cannot complete the order until payment is made. What??? Seriously?

Dec. 19 - I finally called Office Depot twice. 1st call - The choices from the automated message are "I want to place an order" or "I want to track my order". I chose the latter. Okay so I asked the rep about the email and verified if I need to pay again with the 2nd order. The rep confirmed that I will have to make a payment with a credit card so the order can be placed. I said I would but I need to understand what happened. It is not my fault that the item was lost in transit and I did not request for a refund. The rep said there is a process and that they did the best they could. They cannot process a payment with a PayPal account. The rep suggested for me to call PayPal to check for the refund.

I said I will not make any more payment without getting the refund. Before I hang up I wanted to make sure as soon as I contacted PayPal and if ever I will make another payment that this time Office Depot will be able to deliver the monitor. I pointed out that the reason for the reorder is that there was a back order. I also wanted to make sure that it will be delivered ASAP. The rep checked and told me that there are 45 items in the warehouse so this time it will be delivered. She cannot give me an exact shipment date until payment is received. I insisted so she said that it will actually be delivered the following day based on the information if the order was placed on the 18th. Lie #5 Read the 2nd call why.

2nd call - So before I called again, I called PayPal first as suggested. I found out that there was no refund credited at all. I filed a dispute for a refund anyway. Note that Paypal states that it will take at least 20 days for the refund to process. I called back Office Depot furious telling the rep the refund is not there. The rep apologized if the previous rep was not clear but it will take 2 to 3 business days for the refund to reflect in the PayPal's account. I said I don't know if I will still believe it anymore because PayPal said 20 days. I posed a question again. Is it correct that I will need to pay Office Depot again when I'm not really sure if the refund will even come? I will not be paying anymore until I receive a refund. She said that's fine and that I can call back after 2 to 3 days. It will take time to place an order anyway because it will be ordered at a 3rd party vendor - directly from the manufacturer. They cannot guarantee when it will be shipped.

I said "wait a minute, the previous rep just told me you have 45 items in your warehouse and that it can be delivered the following day if I pay now?" She said it is not true. Apologized again that the rep misinformed me and that there is 0 stock in the warehouse even if I checked from other stores they have 0 inventory. The shipment will come directly from the manufacturer.

What a bunch of lies. I hang up the phone. I rechecked the tracking number that was given to me on the email. Again all those information are true. Why can't they tell me the first time that it is until now in backorder? Shipment never left their warehouse yet instead of giving me a bunch of lies and ended up as lost in transit! I am not going to buy from Office Depot ever again! Shipment Confirmation # **.

Donna,

I'm very sorry for the run around and poor service that you received from Office Depot. This is not the way we intend to do business and we'd like to make it right. A member of our team will be reaching out to you to ensure that your refund has been issued and to otherwise make it right.

Office Depot Company Information