3.5/5 (5122 ratings)

About Office Depot

Office Depot and OfficeMax sell office supplies, furniture, school supplies, cleaning products and electronics. With 1,300 stores nationwide, customers can take advantage of Office Depot’s and OfficeMax’s in-store services, including printing, copying, tech services, shredding and storage. All products are available online and in-store.

Office Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

Office Depot is the worst Company I have ever bought from. Their Customer Service is horrible as well. I purchased items in December which has a 2 two delivery. The items never came after 5 days so I canceled the order and bought what I needed from a better Company. Lo and behold I was then charged for the items that were never delivered. I called Customer Service and was told I would be related 3 to 5 business days later. That day came and went and I was never rebated. Four days later my neighbor said my items were delivered at their house. But remember I canceled those items more than 10 days prior. I return the items to the store and are now being told they can't take them because they don't carry them in store. And was told to call customer service again. Ridiculous and Horrible Customer Service and Company.

Dear Ms. Jones,

I've sent you a $75.00 gift card via email and we also have a return in the system to pick up the items for full refund

Robert Brown

Executive Customer Relations | Office Depot

​6600 N. Military Trail | Boca Raton, FL 33496

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I ordered an office desk from Office Depot. I would have just picked it up, but the only desk of my chosen model in the store said "Delivery Only." So, I left the location and placed the order online. I was promised a delivery date. The desk did not arrive. I called customer service which was a multi-hour commitment of time. I was given a second delivery date. The desk did not come. I devoted several more hours to calling customer service. I was given a new delivery date. They delivered an item on the date as promised. However, the item was a toner cartridge for a laser printer with a shipping sticker that identified it as a desk. That's right, they charged me for a nice executive desk, sent a printer cartridge that was labeled as a desk, and called it a day.

Again, I devoted several hours to their customer service system. They proposed that I wait for them to come pick up the printer cartridge. When they could verify that the printer cartridge was in their warehouse, then they would ship my desk. Oh, by the way, the desk is actually out of stock. Even though I went to one of their stores and saw the desk in stock, they maintain that there are none available. I suggested that they had stolen my money. At a minimum, they have committed fraud via incompetence. The customer service supervisor told me that I was overreacting. They charged me for a desk (10 days ago) and delivered a printer cartridge labeled as a desk. How is that not fraud? Booooo, Office Depot! Do better!

I have reported the transaction as fraud to my credit card company and ordered the desk from Amazon. I told Office Depot that their printer cartridge will be leaned up against my garage door where they left it, and they can come and get it whenever they want. If Office Depot is paying anyone to train their employees, they are getting ripped off. They should hire whoever trains the employees at Amazon or Capital One. The Capital One representative was spectacular! If you currently work for Office Depot, then you should quit and pursue a job with Amazon. There is no way that Office Depot can survive as a company with their current business practices. If you are in the market for office furniture, then do yourself a favor and order from Amazon. If you are dumb enough to order anything from Office Depot, then you will likely get what you deserve.

Office Depot response
Hello William, I am very sorry to hear this happened! We would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me an email at customer.relations@officedepot.com with the order number? Please reference case # 230113-000000. Thank you in advance for your time.

Bella Sanchez

Executive Customer Relations

Office Depot

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Jan. 11, 2023

I was contacted by someone at Office Depot who sent me an e-gift card as a refund and resolution. I tried to use it online with some issues. However, I was able to speak with someone who eventually placed my order over the phone. I’m still waiting to receive the product. Fingers crossed! But thank you, Robert for reaching out to me and for your help resolving my original complaint.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

In October of 2022 I ordered a Mr. Coffee 3 piece mug set. The product arrived in a timely fashion, but contents were poorly packed and were chipped or broken completely. After contacting Office Depot customer service, I explained the poor packaging and asked for quality review before sending out the cups I was sent a second order at no charge. Again, everything inside was too damaged to use. I contacted customer service again, and again expressed the need for better packaging. Again, they sent me a box of broken cup pieces.

Upon requesting replacements, I discovered that they no longer had the product. I requested a refund, but the order had been sent at no charge, so no refund. After negotiations, I was promised a different cup set, and agreed to accept it. But at last they no longer carry that item either. They said they would credit me and I could order something else. The credit was for $0.00 because that replacement order was sent at no cost. What part of this is good service??? I called customer service again. Had to leave a message. No one has called me back! No one has responded to an email I sent! No one at Office Depot gives a hoot about my dilemma. Don't shop Office Depot if you expect them to care.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

Placed an order. The promised delivery arrival date was Tuesday Dec.13, it never arrived. I checked status/tracking. It showed delivery was attempted but no one was there. A blatant lie as I sat home all day, no one came near my house or rang my bell. I contacted customer service via chat, after wasting 35 minutes with a clueless rep and numerous requests I was transferred to a supervisor who promised personal responsibility that I'll have it next day, Wed Dec 14. Of course it never arrived. I contacted customer service via the phone, was promised a supervisor will call me within 10 minutes, when still waiting for that call a lot later I called again. Was promised again that a supervisor will call me within 10 minutes, it's many hours later and still waiting for that call.

Office Depot response

I was able to locate the customer email address and phone # and have reached out directly to customer to resolve

Sincerely,

Robert Brown

Executive Customer Relations | Office Depot

​6600 N. Military Trail | Boca Raton, FL 33496

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

Ordered ink online on Dec 3rd, 2022. December 6th they claimed it was shipped and would be delivered. No delivery, no ink. Delivery just said it was at a shipping center, delivery pending. I called on 12/8/2022 and spoke to "Leslie" who said I would get an email from customer care department. No email received. I called back and asked to return it - I needed the ink - get a refund. The return was processed or so I thought on 12/8/2022. Leslie said it would take 3-5 days. Ok. On the 5th day, no refund in Paypal. I called again, spoke with someone else who said it would now take 7-10 business days.

I called Paypal and opened a dispute / case. Next day I get a call from customer care team who says the ink will be delivered today. I told them I already purchased it elsewhere, do not bother to ship, I want the refund this week. Now the order status is changed to "return processing" and today's date - 12/14/2022. It is unbelievable how badly they lie, all the mis-directed communication- you're talking to either Bots or outsourced people in Malaysia who are reading from a manual. You can barely understand them. I've ordered with Office Depot before and never any problem. Not sure what changed but they have lost my business. I don't recommend them at all.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

I received a 20% discount coupon on FedEx Ground shipping. When I went to the Jordan Landing store (OfficeMax) in West Jordan, Utah to send an item to my daughter in Texas, there was another individual in line ahead of me. There were two cashiers manning the front store registers, but nobody came to help us. After five minutes the individual ahead of me left, and someone else entered the store to have some copy or print work done. I mentioned (loud enough for the cashiers to hear) that I'd been waiting for some time, but nobody seemed interested in helping me.

One cashier, in response to my comment said, "Oh, the print counter is closed. There should be someone here to help you in about 30 minutes or so!" I've heard this particular store is on the chopping block for closure, and after waiting for someone to help me for 20-30 minutes I can see why. Worst customer service I've ever had from Office Depot. Their online service isn't much better. Thankfully, there was a FedEx store a couple minutes away who helped me the moment I walked in. Of course, I didn't get the 20% discount, but nobody wasted my time, either.

Resolution response: Sept. 29, 2022

It took some back and forth, but in the end, Meghann stepped up and made things right. Thank you Meghann.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I placed an order on 8/29 and expected it by 8/31. Was told it was out for delivery on 8/30 only to be returned because they ran out of time. Wasn't to be delivered again on 9/1. No package. Chatted and was told that if it didn't deliver on 9/1, they would refund me my money and get me the item free of charge. On 9/2 when asked about it they denied it. So I just cancelled the order. Was told the CC refund would take 3 to 7 business days and the check would take 3 to 4 weeks. Package arrived on 9/8. Being honest, I told office depot it had arrived and I wanted them to come pick it up. Was at that time told my refund was on hold because the refund was approved prior to the item being delivered. Now wouldn't you think if the order was cancelled they would contact the shipper? Also, what if the item was never delivered, when would I get my refund.

Very stupid statement by a supervisor if you ask me. I was then told that they would have to cancel the original refund and submit another one to get it faster. Of course then I was told that the refund would only be initiated once the item is received back at the warehouse and they would not be able to pick up the item for another 5 days. They also told me it could take up to 7 to 10 business days now to get the refund on my CC. While chatting, I was switched to several different agents as they professed it was a technical issue. I could have just not let them know the package was delivered and denied ever seeing it, but did that get me any a refund any faster? No. Will never shop there again. Worst customer service policies around. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this retailer.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

Found a great deal on Christmas items for my local nonprofit...ordered several of these items. Never received product... Supposed to have re ordered. Once again I've been lied to over and over about this shipment. Going on 3 weeks of lies and the worst company ethics I have experienced in my lifetime. Honor your pricing and your mistakes.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

Do not get delivery! On August 3rd, we bought a desk from Home Depot. Customer Service was very good. We left Happy. When placing the order we were told the delivery date was estimated to be Aug 8th. On Aug 10th we called to ask where the desk was. They stated that the order was accidentally cancelled (even though the tracking stated it was still en route). I told them fine they need to refund our card and we would purchase elsewhere, because they could not tell me when or if we would get it.?? They sent a confirmation number for our refund and said it would be 5-7 days to have it returned on card. On August 23rd we called and asked why our card had not been refunded and they said, "Oh it was cancelled." The refund was cancelled?

I asked by whom and they could not give me an answer. They reinstated a new confirmation number. Today I called, on Aug 29th to see where my refund is. They told me it was approved yesterday and would be 7-10 days. So, with this information, I would not buy any large purchases from them that you are not 100% confident you will keep or will be leaving with. Do not get any delivery from them. They cancel without telling you then they don't want to give your money back. I did get a new confirmation number but I'm not feeling confident that it will be refunded. I asked to speak to a supervisor but was told they are too busy and would call back. Still waiting. Not sure how to get my money back.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Purchased a laser jet black & white printer having 12 month warranty and purchased a two year Allstate Protection Plan. At 13 months, the printer gave a printout error message that the printer would soon not work, check your HP account. The account told me to take the printer to MicroCenter for repair. Having purchased the Allstate Protection Plan, I looked up APP, the search led to Square Trade. After six virtual & chat agents, and 1.5 hours, the Plan registration was located, and a copy of the full original receipt was requested via email. I believe HP obsoleted this printer, that Allstate aka Square Trade is a very poor investment.

Office Depot Company Information