2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.54/5

Office Depot and OfficeMax sell office supplies, furniture, school supplies, cleaning products and electronics. With 1,300 stores nationwide, customers can take advantage of Office Depot’s and OfficeMax’s in-store services, including printing, copying, tech services, shredding and storage. All products are available online and in-store.

Office Depot Learn More

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Office Depot Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Office Depot?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Office Depot outsources its delivery to another horrible company, TForce which are legendary at just not showing up for delivery or pickup. They have a call center in Dallas. Don't believe them -- they'll say anything to leave you with the perception of happiness. As long TForce (Dynamex) is the carrier for Office Depot, I'll go to Staples.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I would give zero stars if I could. I will be filing a complaint with my attorney general as soon as I am done with this review. I placed one order, office depot created two orders and charged me for both. I returned the second order in days. THEY ACTUALLY CAME AND PICKED IT UP! Three weeks later and I am still waiting on a refund. I have called numerous times and am always promised that they will take care of it this time! The previous person didn't do something correctly! I have sent emails. I have been promised I would hear back in 4-24 hours. NO! Don't believe it! I will never again support this company.

Resolution response: July 28, 2020

I was unable to update my earlier post about Office Depot, so I am writing this update. After our frustrating interaction with Office Depot's help desk or parts department, which turns out to be the same entity in the Philippines, we went back to the store of purchase in Clarksville, Tennessee. We shared with the manager, Tony, our frustrations with this whole issue. He was flabbergasted by the response we received from the help desk and for the charge of a second desk. Simply put, he said the local stores have very little control of missing pieces and such, however they have full control of making things right for their customers. Long story short, Tony assisted us in getting a refund on the 2nd desk they were sending us for parts. He is also assisting us with getting the missing pieces and the replacements for the damaged items. 5 stars to Tony and the Clarksville, Tennessee Office Depot.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I bought an office desk from Home Depot in Clarksville, Tennessee. Of course the desk comes in parts consisting of 2 heavy boxes and lo behold we found out it was missing 2 pieces for the side drawers and 2 pieces were damaged. The boxes did not show any damage, and the parts were well packaged so my guess is the damaged parts were packaged in their damaged state.

We called the store and explained the issue. The employee said “Let me guess, the parts missing are??? And???” And guess what, he was right. He further said they have had numerous calls from other customers for the same missing parts in the past few weeks. So, in short, they sold me a desk that they knew had missing parts. They then transferred us to Office Depot's parts department which turned out to be in the Philippines. Well, to make matters worse, we were unable to understand each other so we asked to be transferred to the US. The next person we talked with said the parts are on back order for 3 to 4 months.

So, we bought a desk that the store knew had missing parts and we have a partially completed desk that can’t be used without the missing parts and the damaged parts. So, after we made the above statement, the parts person said he will send us a new complete desk, and for us to replace the missing pieces and the damaged pieces with it and then to send back all the remaining unused pieces back to them. We agreed.

A few days later, we called back as we realized that they did not give us a date for delivery. Well, back to the parts department we were sent and this time they indicated they have no records indicating they talked with us or that they agreed to send us another desk for parts. How frustrating can one get? Well, now their only fix was for us to buy another desk and have it shipped to us. Then we are supposed to replace the missing and damaged pieces once we receive this new desk and then send back the remaining pieces and get a refund for this new desk. How shady can it get? Right??? Well, we opted to go for it and paid for the new desk that they said we “should” receive an email in 7 to 10 days to tell us when we can expect the package. Well, we sure won’t be doing any future business with a company with such shady practices.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I purchased a Laptop 7/16 from Office Depot online. Per the store’s website this laptop, was available as next day delivery or I hour picked up in the store. I selected the option for next day delivery. I waited all day on Friday 7/17 for the laptop to be delivered. When I didn't receive it around 5:00 p.m., I contacted the store on Quebec St. to check on the status of my order. I was informed this computer was scheduled for delivery on 7/29. I told the person I spoke to; the website and my confirmation stated this purchase was scheduled for deliver 7//17. I let them know I had a snapshot of the item with this information and a receipt that included a 7/17 delivery date. I then asked to speak to a manager. After being on hold 5 minutes, the person told me her manager was in a meeting and would call me back.

As of today, 7/20, I haven't heard from anyone from Office Depot so I called Office Depot’s headquarters office. When a representative answered, I explained that I ordered a laptop from Office Depot that was available for pickup in the store or next day delivery that was never delivered. The representative then asked me for the order number and came back and apologized because he said I was correct; the delivery date was 7/17 however the website had not been updated and this information on this site was incorrect. I told him that was false advertisement. The representative then asked me to hold, when he returned, he said he would try to expedite this laptop to me and I should receive it 7/21.

As of today, 7/23, I haven’t heard from anyone from Office Depot and I still haven’t received this laptop. If I can find another laptop before 7/29, I will return this laptop to the store when or if it is delivered. According to my bank the amount of this purchase has been deducted from my account. I have purchased numerous computers, printers and fax machines from Office Depot in the store and this online purchase with them has been a disaster. This experience has been not worth the headache! Beware! Oh yes, I received a survey from Office Depot and I added the above information in the survey. I have heard nothing from them!!!

Original review: July 15, 2020

When will it be delivered? The process should have been three weeks ago. If you say it's been in process for one month since you ordered, what would you do? So when can I get it? I don't want to trade again.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Purchase a desk online on 06/03 arrived severely damaged. Called on 06/08 was offered a Refund and a credit of 40.00 for the "inconvenience" They fraudulently induced me into ordering a replacement and assured me that my credit would be issued immediately. Here we are on 06/27. Still no refund. They are telling me I have to call my bank. The scam is, you call your bank, the bank gives you your money back and the bank does not pursue getting the money back from Office Depot. Bank just writes it off. Bank is then the victim so there's nothing you can do. Well I am not going to help Office Depot rip off my bank. I want my money back from Office Depot, not my bank. I asked for a Fed ID # proving they transfered the funds. They lied and said they can't provide that because it shows info about their bank. That is an out and out lie.

After reading on here that they have pulled this same crap with several others, I will be contacting the Florida AG and filing a complaint. Also filing a complaint with the Securities and Exchange Commission because they are fraudulently representing their earnings by not giving refunds and basically charging people twice for the same product.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Customer service is null and void at the Wauwatosa WI Office Depot. My business, our church nor our family do business with them any longer- I Would rather shop at Walmart.... Before shopping there again! I placed an order for curbside pick up. Was notified my order was ready went to pick it up set in parking lot for 15 minutes come up then went inside for the so she to tell me that they didn't a get an alert. I was so a laptop that was a display item without being told it was such. Paying full price for an item that has been on display should be the consumer's decision and not made by the store associates. When trying to log in to the laptop, there was personal information of another individual already logged in, it was asking me for a password that of course I could not give because I was not the person who was logged in.

I spent 3 hours on the phone been transferred disconnected and then transferred again only to be told that they could Walk me through clearing the information. They could not guarantee that my personal information would not or could not be compromised. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, as this is where I conduct my business transactions! I have tried and tried to reach corporate office and all I could get is "ma'am you have to call 1 800 go depot..." After 3 hours on the phone they transferred me to the local store to a sales associate,not a manager, Who could give me no advice except tell me to bring it in or he could walk me through wiping it clean. Who in the right mind would pay full price for an item that was on display. Do not Go to office depot in Wauwatosa WI. Frustrated and Disappointed!

Original review: June 3, 2020

I purchased an adapter cord online for my new PC. Due to COVID, I had a hard time getting someone willing to come to my house and assist me with setting up my PC. Once I was able to get someone willing to come and assist me, it was discovered that the cable adapter I had ordered had the wrong fitting. For this reason, I had a delay in my return request. I have had no issues from any other store with returns for online purchases, as we have been forced to make online purchases due to exposure risks, during this trying time except for Office Max/Office Depot. I will not be making any future purchases from Office Depot/Office Max. I am highly disappointed in their customer service or lack of.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I ordered a 27" ViewSonic computer monitor online on 4/27/20 for $158.00 but did not like it so I requested to return the item back on 5/6/20. It was approved, so I shipped the monitor back via UPS on 5/12/20. The tracking number showed Office Depot received it on 5/19/20. I have contacted Office Depot several times regarding my return and my refund. They kept telling me 7 business days upon receipt of the item. It has been over 11 business days now, and going to be 3 weeks since they received my item. It still shows as "Processing Return" on their website.

I called them so many times. They have been holding on to my money and just giving me generic answers when I call them. It is not this hard to return an item at Best Buy and Target, or at Amazon. It is so frustrating and I felt like they have been ignoring my return. They were so quick to take my money when I purchased it, but I still have yet to see my refund after almost 3 weeks. Beware to all the people that shop online at Office Depot. You will get a hard time getting your money back if you try to return it. This is a scam. Give back my money. You have the item back for almost 3 weeks now! This is not right!

Original review: June 3, 2020

My job has become a work from home job due to the COVID 19 pandemic. I ordered a desk for my home office on 5/20/20. It arrived to my home on 5/26/20 heavily damaged. I did not accept delivery. I heard nothing in the following days from Home Depot. I called customer service on 5/29/20 and was told my replacement desk had a delivery date of 6/1/20, I doubted this because this was the original order delivery date, so my husband stopped by our local Office Depot to check and was told the same thing. The desk didn't arrive on June 1. I live chatted customer service late in the day on 6/1/20 and after 1/2 hour on chat was told that there was no replacement coming I would be refunded. I still have not been refunded for the damaged desk. Customer service is nonexistent, I had to contact them several times, and still, the situation is unresolved.

Office Depot Company Information