4.0/5 (560 ratings)

About Kohl's

Kohl’s is a department store that sells clothing, furniture, electronics and home appliances. You can purchase its products online or at a local store. With Kohl’s Cash, customers receive $10 in store credit for every $50 spent during certain promotions. You must return electronics within 30 days, but all other items are returnable up to 180 days after the date of purchase.

Kohl's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

11/27 ordered a pillow. 12/16 lost in Fla. I cancelled. Refund to be here 12/23. I called 12/24. Should have refund overnight. 12/30 called again. They will put in a request again. May take 7 more days. So waiting almost a month, never got a product and no refund either.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Had the worst Christmas shopping ever, buying sport shoes for my husband turned into nightmare. They send me wrong shoe size two times in a row, then online agent assured me I will receive refund as e gift card on my email within 7-14 days, then I followed up again. Was told that I will receive it by 17th of December. Now it is 22nd and no e gift card back, now contacted this worst customer service again and the supervisor is saying that they do not send e gift card, they mailed it and I will receive it in a month!!!! What?!!! Now I have to wait for month to get my money back plus I had the worst experience ever! Definitely will stop shopping in your store because you lie to people and then cannot fix the problem!!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Ordered a product on 12/11/2019 and website showed delivery by 12/29/2019. I followed up on 12/18/2019 and saw that website now showed 12/27. Contacted customer service and was assured it would be 12/19. Didn't get it; contacted customer service which now said it would be 12/27. I advised this would not be good and requested order cancellation. Kohl's advised they could not cancel the order. Just terrible service, plus I'll have lost money. This is unacceptable service.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I ordered a Seahawks jersey on the Kohl's website for my husband for Christmas, this was the main gift he has been wanting. Two days later I receive an email stating my order was canceled. The item I ordered in the same size that I ordered it in, is still listed on the website as "In Stock". So disappointed. I'm still waiting for my funds to be returned to my account but I believe Kohl's needs to do a more proactive job of keeping their website up to date.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I ordered some Christmas gifts online in the evening. The next day I happened to notice that I did not change the shipping address and that it was to my old address where I no longer lived. I called right away and spoke to an agent that informed me their policy is they cannot cancel nor change any information after 30 minutes of placing the order. I explained I no longer lived at that address and do not know the people who live there. He said he would try for an exception and said someone would contact me.

Two days later I heard nothing so I called and was told that they were not sure why I was told that and there was nothing they could do and the package was being delivered to the wrong address. They suggested I contact a neighbor to see if they could go and get it. How ridiculous is this that they cannot make any changes. I have cancelled items from Amazon many times after it has shipped. Kohls will no longer have any of my business and I hope this will make people think twice about their customer service!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

One star is actually too many but there isn't an option to go any lower, ordered two items that were shipped to my old address, I did go in and change my address so why did the old one stay on my account? Of course you have to call and talk to people in China to try and get any help!!!! Supposedly a supervisor told me she could see my address change in there and that I would receive a refund and my Kohl's cashback in the next 48 hours, nope, sure didn't get it!! Called back a few days later, no record of my call, go figure!! So the second time I called they just said, "Sorry, we aren't going to reship or give you a refund". So now I am out the merchandise and the money!! Do not buy from this store, they DO NOT give a crap about the customer!!! Have spent a lot of money at this store but never again!!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Placed an order on Cyber Monday using my Kohl's Cash. It was a big order and it shipped in 4 different packages. Long story short after almost 2 weeks of fighting with them for my refund I still dont have it. Had to forfeit my cash refund so that I can get my kohls cash to finish my shopping. Mind you I have literally spent almost 2000.00 this Christmas at their stores. After all of that their resolutions to my problem was for ME (the customer) to go to my local post office and to my neighbors to try to locate my package.... I WILL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER PENNY IN THESE STORES EVER AGAIN AND WOULDNT RECOMMEND YOU TO EITHER!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I ordered 3 pairs of jeans and had them delivered to my home so I did not have to drive 45 minutes to purchase them. Upon removing them from the package, I notice that the security tags are still on them so now I have to drive 45 minutes to have them removed. Employees need proper training if shipping items. So frustrating!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

On Thanksgiving day I placed an order for Nespresso Vertuo Plus along with Aeroccino frother. It was available for 99 dollars. It was meant to be delivered through UPS on 2nd December. I did not get it then, after multiple calls to both UPS and Kohl's I was told that they can start an investigation only after 7 days from expected delivery date. I patiently waited on 10th of December. I called both these companies for an update, still no sign of the machine. I begged them to start an investigation which they finally did after me being online for 3 hours.

The investigation was supposed to reach a conclusion on 17th December, still no call or message from them. Today on 17 December after being on call for 3 hours I get a blatant reply that it's lost. I have to literally plead for the refund. I wanted to get the coffee machine as a Christmas Gift, now not only do I not have a coffee machine as I had planned but all the rates have gone up.

Why did Kohl's not update, call or message me ever regarding the status of the item they have shipped? Why is it my duty to talk for hours and plead for you all to find my package? Why do I have to beg to get my own money back? Why are customer service agents so rude and unhelpful? Why are the wait times so ridiculously long? I have been a loyal customer of Kohl's for so long I am disheartened and appalled at your behavior. The joy of me owning my first coffee machine was taken away by Kohl's and I feel terrible now.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I purchased two jackets and three other items on Black Friday at a very low discount. Was super excited until they got to my house delivered and they were absolutely the wrong size I, too large. So I took time off work to go to the nearest store to return the items. When I went there they insisted that I paid for one of the items with cool cash or gift card. The last time I've ever shopped at Kohl's was years ago because of the same reason but I thought I'd give it a chance. The outcome is 4 days later I'm still waiting for an email confirmation on how I can return it by mail with the postage waived because somehow they did the transaction wrong and that is the only way that I can get my money back into my bank account.

I don't think it's fair that when I ordered online I paid them immediately, waited a week for the merchandise. Now I have to wait to return the perch and Ice then once they get the merchandise, I have to wait another 7 to 14 days for it to go into my bank. I will never ever shop online at Kohl's nor the store again. I did not mention the horrible experience I I had with the man at the returning customer service area, here in Chester Virginia. He kept insisting that I paid with a gift card without even looking at my receipt or my purchase order number. I am very very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

My husband and I ordered a hot wheels roller coaster online which was shipped to my house damaged. I took three photos of all the damage and called customer service asking if they would like the proof, they told me it was ok and not to worry. Let’s mention I never even opened the boxes. I called customer service and they told me they would send a replacement and to donate the damaged item. I received confirmation back stating my replacement order was done and they would send an update when shipped.

I donated the roller coaster as told. I didn’t receive my tracking info, now 3 days later when I went to track my replacement order it said my order was CANCELLED. Are you kidding me?! Cancelled my replacement order and never contacted me by email OR phone to let us know my son would not be receiving his Christmas gift. This company is a joke! When I called customer service asking why my order was cancelled they said it was because my replacement order was “flagged.” Flagged for what?! Now the item is no longer available and they are questioning if I have the item and are asking me to return the item back. I DONATED TO LESS FORTUNATE BECAUSE YOU TOLD ME TO DONATE IT. Thinking I did something great to make other kids so happy who don’t get Christmas gifts and now I am screwed.

They created a case and I am now waiting to even see if I can get my money back. I work hard for my money and it was the one gift I got my son with that hard earned money. Now I have nothing for my son less than two weeks away for Christmas and $300 in charges on my Credit card for that item. This is all I can afford! This is absolutely crazy!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I placed an order on kohls.com on 11/30/19 with Kohl's cash I had received from shopping in store on Black Friday. I received emails stating that my order had been shipped in 2 separate packages. The first was supposedly received on Dec 5 and the second on Dec 7. I did not receive either. I called customer service today and was told that it had been shipped to a previous address. I had changed the shipping and billing address at the same time. I was there was nothing the representative could do. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was placed on hold for 30 minutes. I was then given the option to re-ring the representative I had been speaking with. When I chose that option I was then asked to leave a voice mail as they were not at home. Long story short...I will never again purchase anything from kohls.com!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I placed an order 12/02/2019. I needed this order for my birthday party 12/14/2019. All my paper had the correct size on it and they still sent me the wrong size. The first rep told me that I had to pay again to reorder with the correct size and they will overnight it. I ask for the manager. I’m so angry at this point. Why do I have to give you more of my money. She get in and can not do anything because the product are no longer in stock and they do not know when it will be back in. I have to call again. Are you freaking kidding me. Where is my order?! So someone got mine and I got theirs? This is so unfair.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I ordered 3 pairs of pants on 2 Dec. On 11 Dec I find out via FedEx that FedEx just received the items for shipping that day and that the delivery will be 3 days later than originally stated by Kohl's. Nine days to assemble and ship an order is not satisfactory in this day and age. Also when I called Kohl's customer Service to ask about the status, they could not tell me anything and said to just wait until the day after the promised delivery to file a claim. Pood customer service! I hope the pants are better than Kohl's business practices.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I ordered a Nintendo Switch as part of their black Friday deals since it came with $90 Kohl's cash. Seemed like a good deal. They created a UPS label on 11/28 and that's all they've done. They never shipped the item but marked they had in their system. After the expected delivery timeframe passed I called their customer service and they kept insisting it had shipped even though the UPS tracking clearly says UPS is still waiting for the item. They said they would do an "investigation" and email me what they found out. I got an email alright. An email that told me the EXACT SAME THING. THAT THE PACKAGE SHIPPED! IT HAS NOT SHIPPED! I've emailed the back pointing out the proof for the second time now. If they still say it has shipped I will be disputing through my credit card and they can deal with them. This is ridiculous.

I will never shop with Kohl's again. Oh and guess what? It's not over. Remember that $90 Kohl's cash? We used it (before the whole Switch mishap started) and bought a coat. The coat came, a miracle, but it still had a plastic ink security tag on it! We called and complained about that and they said they would ship us a new coat immediately and it would ship out on 12/6. It's now 12/8 and guess what? Only a label has been made, a UPS has not gotten the package yet. I hate this company.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Ordered 3 items which should have been delivered by 12/6. Due to negligence in packing item was damaged and UPS notified Kohl's. I called customer on-line service and was told to call back on 12/12. Say what???? As of today I have not received a credit on my account or any of the items ordered. Was told to just wait!!! This is the second time items shipped by Kohl's was damaged. Last year they rectified the situation by immediately sending me a replacement. I guess they changed their process because now I don't know when I might get a credit back or my order. Think I am done with online shopping at Kohl's!!! From a very dissatisfied customer!!! I would select no stars for satisfaction at Kohl's!!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Worst customer service ever. They lied to me about how much my card was being charged and lied on the notations on the account. "Donald" is fraudulent. I am scared that he even has my credit card info. Every time I order from them there is an issue. I was supposed to get 15% off from a previous issue. He made up that I was getting $30 off. Said it would be $92.48 on my card. Got the email a minute late. They charged the full $122.48. No 15% off! I called back. 20 min later I'm getting $20 refund. He had just made up the $30 discount (since that is not 15%), just to get me off the phone, then charged me full price. At first, he was trying to charge me 166$. I was like, that is $40 more than the total in my cart. He wouldn't let me speak to anyone else that might understand!

Resolution response: Dec. 8, 2019

I have reached a resolution with Kohls.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Ordered sneakers during Black Friday sale. A week later I got an email saying the order was cancelled as the shoes were not in stock. I could have ordered other shoes that I liked and were on sale had they let me know they were out of stock. I tried to reach someone who could get me the same sort of deal that I missed because of their mistake. I could not reach or speak to anyone in the corporate offices to even speak to. No one that I can reach can help me. I was given two phone numbers. One was for online sales and one was supposed to be for corporate offices if online sales could not help. Online could not help and the corporate number led to the same place as the first number.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I get a lot of the basics from Kohl's. Clothes, especially casual wear for instance. But I also get most of my shoes there, kitchen items, bath and bedroom linens, even jewelry and watches as gifts. It's amazing all the things they carry in store and on-line. Prices are great before you factor in discounts and Kohl's cash, and then they're just redonkulous!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

After being influenced online to check out Kohls Black Friday deals, I place a $150 order on November 28, 2019. The free shipping and the 15% "GIVETHANKS" discount made this a fantastic deal (or at least I thought so...). Order delivery date from CA to WA was December 5. On December 5 at 5 pm PDT I spent thirty (30) minutes on the phone with customer service. Not only did the package never ship, Kohl's would do nothing to remedy the situation until December 7, two days past the promised delivery date. They would not allow any further escalation of the issue.

I will share my experience with Mr. Mansell (CEO) at corporate headquarters. I can't believe that in the current retail environment Kohl's has a policy of disregarding the customer experience by intentionally delaying remedy. There is no ill intent in this communication. I really held out hope that a resolution would have been offered given the reality of the acknowledged and verified error that happened with my order. As a longtime customer of Kohl's I am saddened that I will now join the millions of individuals that are saying "So long" and taking my business to the competition.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I bought an item for 399.99. They sent me the wrong item. They refused to send the correct item. Said the sale is over and I have to now pay 499,99. I ordered it at the lower price and they sent the wrong item. They said they were sorry but couldn't honor the price. Their corporate rep called me at 11 pm on a work night to say the exact same thing "Sorry but we can't help you". I repeated. You made the mistake and sent the wrong item. All I got was "Sorry we can't help you". It's more expensive now. They were rude and didn't care that they made the mistake. I will never shop at Kohls again. Very bad experience. Im still in shock over their statements and the late night call. I will be writing reviews and reporting them to the better business bureau. This site makes you rate at least one star but they deserve no stars. Horrible customer service and horrible return policy.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I have issue twice with Kohls online ordering and I lost $350 with this company all together. 1st time I order online $50 gift card for Mother's Day and emailed to my mother in law. She never received it. I was in moving process and was not able to call right away. I called Kohls customer service, and they told me, they can resent me. I told I will get in a month. I waited for a month and called them, they said I should wait a week more. I waited 3 weeks. Now, they are telling me they can only email to Original email address. I told them it is not active. They said they can't do anything because it is not 6 months. Is this my fault that their system suck and customer service agent don't know what to do.

I placed recent order online, I made sure I updated my new address correctly, they still send order to old address. I received notification, so I called them again right away, and customer service agent is telling me they cannot do anything. As my account shows both address, they sent to wrong one. I should go to old address and collect my items. Are they out of their mind? This time my order is $300. I need my money back on any reason.

I cannot believe how insane their support is. I did shopping same time with JCPenney, Lowes, Home depot, and Maceys. I don't have any issue. I had shipping issues with Lowes and Home depot as my address is not in Google map yet. They simply arranged pick up for me in nearby store not like Kohls telling me they can't do anything.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Fellow Kohls shoppers, BEWARE! I You are nothing more than a number. I say this as I have been a loyal customer for upwards of 20-years and a cardholder for nearly as many. Without prior notice from Kohls, my account was closed and reported to the credit agencies. Their direct and voluntary action, caused my credit score to drop substantially. As you know, your credit history is a huge variable in the way you are viewed by all the credit agencies. Kohls has no trouble soliciting me daily via email, but they claim that a call or email regarding their intent was not their responsibility. That's simply bad business!

When I contacted them, they flat out refused to rectify their reckless action. Imagine this; You are loyal for life only to be tossed aside like fiddler. Sounds like no good deed goes unpunished. This is truly a people issue not a policy issue! In this electronic age, we have many choices about where to shop. I cannot in good conscience, do business with a company that disrespects me and treats me like a number without regard for the detriment they have wittingly caused. Remember, we all have a choice where we do business. Happy Holidays.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Like many others, I had the unfortunate experience of not catching an old address on an order I placed. When I called for help, simply said too bad, absolutely nothing they could do to help. I called UPS and they confirmed that indeed Kohl’s was the only way to fix the problem... all they needed to do was create and submit a new shipping label. Easy. I’ve been a faithful Kohl’s customer and credit card holder for 15 yrs. No longer. They lost my business for such hands off way of doing business. Kohl’s said that I should call the people at my old address and ask them for the package. How the hell would I even know them?!?!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Called Kohl's because my order didn't go through and the price changed on an item. I spoke to SNOW who said she would refund my credit card the difference of the sale price after speaking to a manager. So I place the order then I get an email from kohl's stating an inquiry was submitted to customer service dept on my behalf. I then get another email stating they can't make price adjustments and thanks for my understanding. I respond by asking then why did the customer service rep say she personally was refunding my credit card the difference?! HORRIBLE customer service and I'm returning my order so they won't get any money at all for my purchase. You don't want to honor your word?? Then you get nothing at all. TRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES BETTER AND THANKS "SNOW" FOR LYING.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I placed an order on Friday online. And Received a delivery date of Sunday December 1st. Needless to say I did not receive my order on that day and now I'm being told that I have to wait until Tuesday to receive my order. After placing the order I had plans to take my family to Disneyland for 3 days. I paid for the tickets already and now I'm finding out that I can't return those tickets and because I have to wait an extra 2 days for the package I won't be able to use them.

As a disabled veteran I do not feel like a valued customer and when I call customer service at no point in time did they represented listen to anything I had to say. She kept talking over me and cutting them all when I was trying to explain to her something very simple. I ask, "I was given a delivery date of Sunday. Why did it change?" Instead of heart given me an answer she pretty much top over you in and yelled at so between the customer service experience and the online shopping experience I will never ever use Kohl's again and I will be spreading the word to all of the veteran organizations that I work with to not use them as well due to the treatment that I received.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

BEWARE! It gives me no pleasure to rate this card with no stars. The store and prices are great and having the card has additional benefits for points and pricing but the credit service itself has major issues. At the Kohl's cash register when checking we were checking out, we were encouraged to apply for the card, we were immediately approved, used the card right then for the additional cost savings and because we had the cash on hand decided just to go ahead and pay the amount charged to the card right then on the spot and not receive a bill later.

All seemed well until sometime, a week or so later, we received a call from someone saying they were with Kohl's asking for additional information (again card already approved and used) including a SS#. I refused to give that over the phone for fear of someone attempting identity theft etc. (something that had just happened in a big way to a close relative), and was told that we could present the info next time at the store. OK, we said that would be fine. Well, we sometime later received a letter in the mail asking for the same information and at this point decided it safe enough to send this info via email but first called to confirm that this was indeed Kohl's and to make sure we understood the exact documents required. I got off the phone and sent it immediately.

Next time we went to the store we were told the account had already been closed (and reported to credit agencies), and although irritated, wondering why the woman on the phone didn't tell us the account had already been closed (a further indication that they don't have it together and their incompetencies could cost you via a damaged credit reporting) and there was nothing we could do about it (after a half an hour at the store on the phone with the credit services department, with the assistance of the store cashier who was quite nice and empathetic), but was encouraged to simply open a new one, right then. We applied and were denied. WHAT??? OK. Whatever, perhaps a bit later after the smoke has cleared on the initial closing idiocy we could apply, which we later tried online and were once again denied, or so we understood.

Turns out that account was actually open, which realized via a our own credit check as although we had received some letter in the mail from Kohl's, saying "your account has been closed," and another to the effect of "someone is trying to open an account with your info" and your card is being used fraudulently and will be closed. WHAT ACCOUNT??? We understood we had no accounts!!! SO.... The credit report now shows two closed Kohl's accounts which kills the credit rating we have been working to build after living out of the country for 7 years and not having much of a recent payment history for for this reason. I called several times and even wrote a letter which I finally GOT a call in reply to but was told, "there is nothing we can do about it, as it wouldn't be fair to others to clean this whole debacle from your credit"??? FAIR to who?

This exact thing has happened before because you didn't get the info you needed in the first place, although activated the card and then called and asked to confirm SS# for someone who wisely wouldn't give it you over the phone??? Kohl's do you see an issue here? Or not fair to those whose account was closed for non-payment??? Not our case but the report on the credit report could indicate this??? So... long story short... beware as the credit department is lost and it could really cost you via your credit report for no fault of your own other than caution with your personal information. If this has or does happen to you, I suggest that you do the same and report this to the BBB and secretary of state to minimally prevent this from happening to others and encourage kohl's, an otherwise great store, fix their issues.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Ordered at few seconds after midnight early Thursday. PS4 Black Friday deal at $199. In stock it said so I’m good. Don’t have to go to other stores or online anywhere else. Wrong!! Get an email 5 days later....order canceled. Not in stock!!! Really. After all other Black Friday deals are gone everywhere else....now you tell me. If I’d known I would have fought the crowds to get. Now $100 more everywhere else. Customer service just tells me I’m out of luck. Bad bad service practice.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I have been SCAMMED. One of my worst customer online buy experience I have ever received. I ordered the Nutri Ninja® Blender DUO with Auto-iQ™and went to pick up and drove all the way to Wylie to pick the item and this is what I get. It's been used and beaten up by the previous owner. I asked the customer support at the store. They just stick the tape and gave the box to me. KOHL'S please increase the standards for online purchase.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Made online order. Charged for order. Some items send separated. Recharged card two additional times from my account. Spoke to supervisor. He said, "Unfortunately that's the way it is." I said, "What if I had a check that was out there and bounced? Would you had paid the fee?" He said no. Exactly my point. Taking money from people account is not good especially when they are not aware of the charges even if the order is split up from the initial payment. It's not a good consumer satisfaction move at all. We as consumers must not be subjected to Kohl's ways of doing business. We expect to pay one time for the merchandise. Just because it's not available don't mean to charge a card more times to satisfy Kohl's bottom line of sales. Now our money tied up until preauthorization fall off 3-7 days really. I will be contacting corporate soon as possible. This is unacceptable.

Kohl's Company Information