4.0/5 (560 ratings)

About Kohl's

Kohl’s is a department store that sells clothing, furniture, electronics and home appliances. You can purchase its products online or at a local store. With Kohl’s Cash, customers receive $10 in store credit for every $50 spent during certain promotions. You must return electronics within 30 days, but all other items are returnable up to 180 days after the date of purchase.

Kohl's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I ordered Christmas present for mom from Kohl's, pajama set, not cheap either, Vera Wang. Got package today and it only had the top! Despite the fact that IT WAS a SET! So I got on the Kohl's site to do the Ask chat and that was a miserable experience. THREE times I did the chat and three times was told by the dumb bot ORDER NUMBER not found, yet I'm looking right at the order on my computer while I'm on the chat. Not sure who who or what is hired for these chat bot lines, but needless to say, not very capable of looking up orders. So then I called the customer service line and was on hold for over 30 minutes. The gentleman who took the call was pleasant but said the item could NOT be replaced so I was out of luck and all they could do would be to refund me the price.

My mom is a 1x so finding nice quality things for her is hard sometimes. Needless to say I now do not have a Christmas gift for her and am annoyed, sad and disappointed with Kohl's. I spend a lot at that store, but I am all done. Will not shop there ever again. Cutting up my Kohl's charge card as we speak. Hope you all are having better luck with your online orders arriving as ordered.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I spent $92 at Kohl’s. They shipped one $7 item and then reauthorized the remaining $84 twice. So now my account is in the negative. I called them and my call was disconnected 5 times in a row, sometimes it would happen within 3 minutes and sometimes within 13 minutes, so no rhyme or reason, the call just disconnects. After giving up on calling, I waited two hours for someone to talk to me through the chat box. The person was very rude and just kept copy and pasting the exact same authorization email repeatedly. They refused to allow me to speak to a supervisor.

It is illegal to charge someone twice for an item they only purchased once. I have had nothing but bad times at Kohl’s and this is the cherry on top. I will never shop there again. They have the worst customer service and do not care if they rob you blind. I now have to dispute the charges with my credit card company and it’s been weeks, they still haven’t shipped the rest of the items. Complete nightmare. Shop literally anywhere else!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I ordered multiple items November 24th that got separated to be shipped in 4 different packages. I only received 2 packages. When I contacted customer service they told me that I had to wait until December 8th to see if the packages arrived and to contact customer service again if they didn't. They never arrived so once again I waited over an hour to chat with someone and they told me they won't refund my money because the boxes could still arrive. Mind you one package has said "In transit" with no location for 5+ days now with no change and the other still said "Awaiting item arrival" meaning the shipping service still hadn't received the package. And yet Kohl's does not care and told me that they won't do anything to make it right. Instead they told me to wait another 12 days to see if the packages come and if the don't they want me to reach out for a 3rd time to see how/if they can fix it.

I wasted 3+ hours of my time waiting for responses from their slow and terrible customer service to get nothing done. Also, when I brought up the fact that their website says you have to purchase something by December 11th to get it in time for Christmas but I purchased something on November 24th and they won't send me replacements in time. They didn't care and had no response. Then before we were done chatting the representative disconnected the chat. I will never purchase anything from here ever again and I advise you to do the same.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Called 3 times to get my ko cash that was due to me. All I get is it was submitted and on the way. It's not. I was promised this and they didn't take the 15% discount when I placed the order with a code THANKS. I'm tired of calling and sitting on hold like 15 minutes each time I called. Would not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Bait and switch company. Ordered more than 600.00 online and promised huge discounts and free shipping. Wasted a lot of time placing this order only to find out the next day that they had cancelled the order without any explanation. Called their customer service and talked to 2 people...non English speaking so you can hardly understand them just to be told I would have to reorder because one or 2 items they no longer had. You would think like every other online ordering company they would adjust your pricing and notify you of the items they could not fulfill or back ordered items...They did not, their practice is to cancel the whole order out and make you waste time to try to reorder all the items.

These items are no longer on sale and they will not honor the sale price you had initially purchased them for. Some of the items of which are double the price you was GOING to buy at...Don't be mislead, after doing research I found they have been scamming people in this way for along time. I truly hope they go under just because they are such a deceptive company.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I took their card and bought stuffs, they cancelled my order without proper explanation, I had to contact them and spend hours to figure out that because of a secret rule my order was cancelled, I spent more than $500 on first order. They asked me to go to their store and provide my ids, I had to hurry next day morning to provide my ids, I took permission from work to leave during working hours. Because while I tried to investigate the reason the items I wanted went out of stock. I gave my ids, the person did something with those ids and told me that everything needed is provided. I left the store and called them again after work to buy whatever was left, they didn't have a record that I submitted my ids. I lost interest in buying things from them and I forgot about it. Later I placed an order for less than $100 they cancelled this too. I placed two orders again today they did the same again.

When I reached out to customer care their answer is 'the department who knows why the order was cancelled is not available, call them tomorrow'. This is the experience when I am trying to buy things, I don't want to even think about returning something to this company, they might make me spend a month to get details to return and then deny it saying that a month has already passed. Never buying anything from this company ever again.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I used this credit card once and trying to pay by phone, card was declined even after I updated the wrong expiration date, spent lots of time with reps, telling the same info over and over again, got a lot of frustration, swear not to use this card anymore ever.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Do not use their credit card. They say they sent you a statement, but they don't on purpose so they can collect a exorbitant late fee. When they called to tell me I was late, I paid it in full ($50 + $35 late fee). They still sent it to the credit bureau, which brought my otherwise excellent credit rating down and cost me $8,000 when I went to buy a house. You can NEVER reach anyone that can help you resolve any issues. I spent 2 hours being transferred from one unhelpful person to another to another. The final person promised to send me a fax to clear up the issue with our lender. She lied, never sent anything. I repeat, never use a Kohl's credit card. Belk's is a much better department store to spend your hard earned money.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

On 9/24 I called Kohl's for a password reset. They closed the card and said they needed to issue a new one. So instead of helping me with a password reset, they closed the card. I could not put my hand on it because it was in my husband's wallet, so they closed the card. I had $60 Kohl's Cash ready to use but I was told that I needed to wait for the new card. I made my payment on time. I waited for the card. It never came... The $60 Kohl's Cash that I had expired and they refused to re-issue it for me to use. Do you know how much you have to spend to get $60 Kohl's cash? A lot of merch.

I called Kohl's today to state that I still didn't have my card and that my account went up $50, which means they didn't credit my account. The money is out of my account but no credit to my balance. I was told... wait for it... that they would have to re-issue my credit card. I asked if I had fees associated because I have not seen a statement. I have e-bill, so I have to log into my account, which nobody will help me do. So they keep taking my money, not crediting my account and tacking on interest and late fees! How is this legal??? Each time I call the rep starts off nice then you hear snickers in their voice. Like, "HA HA. I'm going to really screw you." Well, I asked to have the card closed and if need be will take this to a higher lever than BBB. Not crediting a credit card balance when you are taking the consumer's money is ILLEGAL!!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I ordered online a Big Mabel tube 8-20-20. Cost was $422.55. Within 2 hours my husband advised he had purchased on the same item at another store so I went online to cancel the order. Since it had been more than 30 minutes I couldn't cancel online. I called and The Kohl's rep said to refuse the FedEx delivery when it came as that was the fastest way to get refunded. I did that about a week later. 10 days later I called Kohl's as I had not been refunded and they said I had to wait another 7 to 10 days for them to confirm the item was in received back. 10 days later still no word from Kohl's or refund, I called them again and they said the same thing I had to wait another 7 to 10 days that they had the item but they were processing my return.

10 days later I called the corporate office to be told they had an issue with the refund and she had to put in a special ticket request and was sure I would get my refund within 10 days. Today I called the corporate office of Kohl's to be told that my refund was delayed as Kohl's had not been refunded by the vendor they bought the tube from! I was shocked as I didn't realize if you order on Kohl's.com your return is based on Kohl's getting paid back before you get your money... Wth? I called back again today and now I'm being told they actually issued me a refund October 2 and they can't seem to track that refund so they need a few more days. It's been 60 days now still no refund! Do not order on Kohl's.com!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

The Sonoma be cozy candle is defective and dangerous! The candle completely shattered and erupted in flames regardless of all safety precautions being followed. Extremely scary and caused damage to the house.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Rec'd a 40% off coupon via email on 9/2. Do not have a smartphone, so I did what I always do, wrote down number under barcode to present at checkout. Coupon had no PIN, unusual, but since it came from Kohl's I did not concern myself about its validity. At checkout was told coupon not valid w/o pin. Per the cashier, a few customers had the same issue. Contacted Kohl's csr svc. What a waste of time. No longer shop at Kohl's. My holiday dollars will not be spent at any of their stores!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Kohl's arbitrarily decided to change the price on an item purchased in August in September and dated it 2 days after the purchase was made. Customer Service is telling me I need to go to the store to resolve with the manager. I signed for the initial credit amount. Buyer beware the managers have the authority to make changes to your purchases after you leave the store even one month later and are allowed are allowed to back date.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I attempted to pay my bill on the online system, which appears to be from the late 90's. I received an error saying that the transaction cannot be processed and I was unable to try again on the same day. I paid it the next day as I assume most would. I notice 5 days later that I was in fact billed twice. When I reached out to their team, the only option was to send me a check, that would take 10 to 14 business days to be cut. Needless to say, that is asinine in 2020 digital world and I am less than pleased. However, where they really lost me is 2 of their managers both told me independently that if I would have caught their mistake sooner this wouldn't be an issue. I am done with Kohl's after a solid 20+ year run.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I went to the Kohl's in Indy and purchased $280 worth of merchandise. I handed to clerk $200 cash and told her to apply rest to credit card. Next day I returned items to get coupon rate. They said I never gave them $200, I used my credit card. They said it never showed me doing that on video. I asked to see the video and they refused. I told them it was a lie. 20 minutes later I get a call from same guy saying I had a little receipt showing I paid $200 cash and it showed on the rest of the video they had seen. I was told they would give me 35% off for my troubles. I had already canceled my card. I told they security guy this was so wrong on so many levels and I want my money back. He said he can't do that and to talk to the manager the next day. In the meantime, they had credited my canceled card $280 and the manager the next day said, "You will have to ask for a refund from the credit card company." To this date no money.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Hi I reached out to Kohl's numbers times 7/8/20 Gene D., 7/8/20 Joylen Z A, 7/9/29 Danika M, 7/9/20 Laramie S., 7/9/20 Edward R., 7/10/20 Lara S. And it’s sad not once person chose to do their job and help answer my question. Beyond words frustrating and annoying. Poor customer service really makes me rethink who to give my business to. There’s clearly a huge glitch in Kohl's system that needs to be addressed and fixed. You purchase an item it shows up as one number then you do a return and it shows up as another number.

For example 6/17/29 4:52pm Millbury, Ma misses swimwear $35.99 numbers ** on original receipt 6/15/20 5:58pm Millbury,Ma misses swimwear **. Then again 3 more. 1. misses swimwear returned ** $29.99 purchases number ** 2. return ** and 3. ** $38.99 purchased numbers ** and ** and junior bottoms returned ** $17.50 purchased **. So it’s more than one store so it’s not even linked to just one store. Then another issue is two returns coming in other than the total on the receipt. What is going on? This is beyond confusing and doesn’t make sense and makes it hard to keep track and to know if it’s all done accurately. They need to fix this yet they don’t seem to care or want to.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Hi. I had card from last 10 years and never was defaulter but missed some 5$ payment and they reported to credit bureau without any mail or call. My credit score was screwed by 80 points. I paid whatever was pending but they don't even correct their reporting. Just stay away from KOHL'S and their stupid card if want to buy home or keep good credit.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Do NOT use a credit card with this company. They shifted my payment due date. I purchased items in July and they should not have been up to be due until Sept - they made the due date in August and would NOT allow me to purchase other items today due to their system error. Customer service is rude and unfriendly. Will start buying clothing at Gap, Old Navy and other stores.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I missed a payment in March due to Covid breakout, earthquakes for weeks and rushing to teach 150 students online and missed a payment, they sent this to the credit bureau. I’ve shopped here for 20 years and they do this. I’m so done with Kohl’s, beware. This is very pathetic and other businesses, from my understanding worked with their customers, not greedy Kohl’s, shoot to ruin credit.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

These guys are thieves. They send wrong statements to wrong addresses (bad addresses, some of which don't even exist) and then a few months later all of a sudden they ruin your credit report claiming you were late in payments and even after it's been settled and they discovered their mistake they never remove their erroneous credit report. They are thieves and scammers.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

This is for their credit cards. I would give them negative reviews if possible! I got a notice from my credit report that I missed a payment. I immediately started trying to figure it out. I contacted Kohl's. They said I needed to send my credit information to either a fax number or a physical address. I asked that they note my account so I didn't have a negative mark on my credit report since I was actively working with them regarding a $35 charge that I thought I paid. Bank account showed paid and I gave them the info. They said they could not. I decided to mail it because I could get delivery confirmation. I received a letter back saying that my credit report was accurate. I am trying to figure out where my payment went and nothing about my credit report at this point.

I called Kohls again. This time I got a different response. After 3 months of getting bad information from Kohls representatives on who I needed to send my bank account information to and what information they needed, we finally figured out what the problem was. I paid the account. I then asked Kohls to update my credit report because I had perfect credit before this. They denied the request through the mail.

I called back asking why would they damage the credit of a long time customer all over $35 especially since I had actively been working with them doing everything they told me to do. The customer service agent said the decision was final and they could not reverse the negative credit on my credit report because it was late. If they had a decent payment processing staff to resolve the issue sooner, I would not have been 3 months late! Don't do business with Kohls or get their credit card. The "savings" are made up anyway. Looks up reviews others have said the same.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I have been waiting for my $194 Kohl's rebate since I mailed it in December! I've called several times, mailed originals, then copies, and even emailed them. It's so frustrating to expect a rebate, especially that high amount and get nowhere 8 months later. They lost my business.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Customer service is worthless less than worthless. It is a computer that just shows you pages to go to. How can you exchange something that they don't carry in stores? You can't. They sent me a pan in a plastic bag. The pan was had nothing to keep it from getting banged up. I have spent over 2000 with them over the last 2 months renovating my home never had to deal with CS. I am done with them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I had 4 $25 gift cards I finally decided to use for my birthday. I ordered 4 shirts and 3 pair of underwear. Total was $113.00. Kohl’s cancelled 3 of the shirts, sent me a gift card for $13.88 and stole $50 in gift cards. I tried to get in touch with them but they were unavailable due to Corona. I ordered 3 weeks before the shutdown. I emailed them twice. They also cancelled my Kohl’s cash on the order. So stole $50 from me plus their Kohl’s cash discount. A similar thing happened a couple of years ago over Christmas. An order disappeared In their warehouse. They supposedly credited it by giving me a code for a gift card. You guessed it, gift card code was invalid. I paid for Christmas gifts twice because I had to order twice, got the items once.

One other issue, I used to be able to order an item replacement and return the wrong size with the new purchase for exchange. They wouldn’t allow me to do that last year. I got stuck with duplicate sizes because size that fit wasn’t on sale and the size that didn’t fit was. They wouldn’t exchange and let me credit the higher priced item. Too many fails Kohl’s. I won’t be ordering from you online again, ever.

Original review: July 21, 2020

I placed an order online for the adjustable dumbbells on 07/10/2020. All the payment went through, and the dumbbells were supposed to be delivered between the 15th and 20th. However, 4 days later on the 14th, they canceled my order. The reason was the product was "recently sold out". All I got was an email. That's it. This is unacceptable. I looked for an email, so I could email their customer service. However, Kohl's don't have email, only phone number. I tweeted at them, still no response.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Pet owners should boycott Kohl's. I went in with a small dog in my arms of only 3lbs, and I have been in many times before with my dog. All of the sudden they are telling me they don't allow pets, but have nothing on their door that would indicate such a policy nor could they produce any such policy in writing. I will never shop there again. Every other store I go to, Nordstrom, TJ Maxx welcomes my dog and those are the only kinds of stores that I will patronize. It is a great joy to shop with my dog.

Original review: June 28, 2020

I ordered a graduation frame on 06/08 and on 06/13 it was delivered in a plastic bag in hundreds of pieces! I was assured by customer service that another frame would be BOXED and shipped to me only to find out this morning that that frame was also shipped in a bag and the carrier returned it to sender before it ever reached me! Customer service now tells me that I can't get a refund until the frames are returned to their stores. The stupidity of this is alarming! Common sense should alert ANYONE that glass needs a box before it's shipped.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I completed an online order ~11:16 pm to utilize a sale for some back to school items. The following morning I received an email because on of the item was out of stock. I then realized the shipping address was incorrect even though I made updates to the account. Called Kohl's because only 5 of my 13 items were already issued a tracking # and all thos 5 items had the same tracking # and none of the items were picked up yet by UPS. I got a representative in the Philippines, states nothing she can do. I asked to speak with a Manager/Supervisor, waited but the Manager/Supervisor sounded like the same person who stated nothing she can do. She told me to call UPS myself, I asked if she could call.

While waiting, I contacted UPS who already told me they haven't picked up the package and only Kohl's can fix the problem. She told me she cannot make outbound calls so I asked her to transfer me to a representative in the USA. She did and the rep in the USA told me the same story but this time he called UPS. This is a long review but it gets interesting. Now on the phone is Kohl's rep, UPS rep and I. The UPS rep stated, package wasn't picked up by UPS so Kohl's need to issue/create another label. Kohl's rep said he can't, UPS rep asked if he's sure he's from Kohl's or is he evading the cost to reprint another label because order is still incomplete and UPS haven't pick the order up. I then interrupted and stated this doesn't sounds good with both party going back and forth and no resolution.

Asked to speak with a Kohl's manager, interestingly, the UPS rep was disconnected and as usual, the Manager is on a call and no idea for how long and I cannot be kept waiting on the line. I was then told as a courtesy, he will issue a refund. I asked, can't you just resubmit a new order? He told me the new order will still be shipped to the old address even though the address was changed, How Strange. I asked, what happens to this current order now, he said don't worry about it. It took me over 1 hour to get some resolution and if I wasn't persistent to have them call UPS, I would be going back and forth until the shipment leave their facility and they would not have issued the refund.

The shipment was incomplete and still at their facility. They will create a label for at least one item so the order looks like it was picked up or whatever their method was. Now I can't even reorder my items because the promotional code expired and another rep told me, the discounted items could not be honored and I would have to pay full price. The kohl's rep said I would receive an email confirming this before end of call.

I then check my email, nothing. I told him, he said, his screen is all gray so I cannot resend email but will document my account, finally with my persistent I got some reference number after he finally sounded to start typing and documenting the account. 5 hours later and no email so waiting to see if credit will be applied. If not, I will be calling my bank to intervene with this charge. I will never order from Kohl's Again. Also, I did see recent post on this website that was posted 4 days ago with the same issue. I hope no one else will be the victim and Kohl's will actually care about their customers!

Original review: June 19, 2020

Kohl's 30 minute policy is CRAZY! After you place an order you have 30 minutes to make any changes. If you don't make them within 30 minutes they will send your items to the wrong address and tell you, "Too bad." They don't have any solution to correct the issue after 30 minutes. I have ordered from Kohl's many times but this one time (5 pairs of shoes) my order was accidentally sent to a 11 year old address. Even though I got to part of the order before the delivery, they said "Sorry Sir, it has to be done within 30 minutes". They said I now have to pay for something that I NEVER GOT! No way to fix it.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I purchased 3 rings from Kohl's online:

- 14k Gold Freshwater Cultured Pearl & Cubic Zirconia Windmill Ring (52952593)
- 14k Gold Freshwater Cultured Pearl & Cubic Zirconia Double Circle Ring (59614795)
- 14k Gold Freshwater Cultured Pearl & Cubic Zirconia Crown Ring (59553186)

from Kohl's on May 2nd, 2020.

They are advertised as 14 karat gold item with the ring metal described as "14k gold." When the items were received, they are marked as 14k gold OVER silver - NOT 14k gold as advertised. I returned the rings to Kohl's at my cost as no stores were open in my area due to COVID-19 and received a refund of the items, but not of the shipping cost.

Kohl's Company Information