2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.54/5
Based on 2,670 ratings submitted in the last year

Kohl’s is a department store that sells clothing, furniture, electronics and home appliances. You can purchase its products online or at a local store. With Kohl’s Cash, customers receive $10 in store credit for every $50 spent during certain promotions. You must return electronics within 30 days, but all other items are returnable up to 180 days after the date of purchase.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Kohl's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

After being influenced online to check out Kohls Black Friday deals, I place a $150 order on November 28, 2019. The free shipping and the 15% "GIVETHANKS" discount made this a fantastic deal (or at least I thought so...). Order delivery date from CA to WA was December 5. On December 5 at 5 pm PDT I spent thirty (30) minutes on the phone with customer service. Not only did the package never ship, Kohl's would do nothing to remedy the situation until December 7, two days past the promised delivery date. They would not allow any further escalation of the issue.

I will share my experience with Mr. Mansell (CEO) at corporate headquarters. I can't believe that in the current retail environment Kohl's has a policy of disregarding the customer experience by intentionally delaying remedy. There is no ill intent in this communication. I really held out hope that a resolution would have been offered given the reality of the acknowledged and verified error that happened with my order. As a longtime customer of Kohl's I am saddened that I will now join the millions of individuals that are saying "So long" and taking my business to the competition.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I bought an item for 399.99. They sent me the wrong item. They refused to send the correct item. Said the sale is over and I have to now pay 499,99. I ordered it at the lower price and they sent the wrong item. They said they were sorry but couldn't honor the price. Their corporate rep called me at 11 pm on a work night to say the exact same thing "Sorry but we can't help you". I repeated. You made the mistake and sent the wrong item. All I got was "Sorry we can't help you". It's more expensive now. They were rude and didn't care that they made the mistake. I will never shop at Kohls again. Very bad experience. Im still in shock over their statements and the late night call. I will be writing reviews and reporting them to the better business bureau. This site makes you rate at least one star but they deserve no stars. Horrible customer service and horrible return policy.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I have issue twice with Kohls online ordering and I lost $350 with this company all together. 1st time I order online $50 gift card for Mother's Day and emailed to my mother in law. She never received it. I was in moving process and was not able to call right away. I called Kohls customer service, and they told me, they can resent me. I told I will get in a month. I waited for a month and called them, they said I should wait a week more. I waited 3 weeks. Now, they are telling me they can only email to Original email address. I told them it is not active. They said they can't do anything because it is not 6 months. Is this my fault that their system suck and customer service agent don't know what to do.

I placed recent order online, I made sure I updated my new address correctly, they still send order to old address. I received notification, so I called them again right away, and customer service agent is telling me they cannot do anything. As my account shows both address, they sent to wrong one. I should go to old address and collect my items. Are they out of their mind? This time my order is $300. I need my money back on any reason.

I cannot believe how insane their support is. I did shopping same time with JCPenney, Lowes, Home depot, and Maceys. I don't have any issue. I had shipping issues with Lowes and Home depot as my address is not in Google map yet. They simply arranged pick up for me in nearby store not like Kohls telling me they can't do anything.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Fellow Kohls shoppers, BEWARE! I You are nothing more than a number. I say this as I have been a loyal customer for upwards of 20-years and a cardholder for nearly as many. Without prior notice from Kohls, my account was closed and reported to the credit agencies. Their direct and voluntary action, caused my credit score to drop substantially. As you know, your credit history is a huge variable in the way you are viewed by all the credit agencies. Kohls has no trouble soliciting me daily via email, but they claim that a call or email regarding their intent was not their responsibility. That's simply bad business!

When I contacted them, they flat out refused to rectify their reckless action. Imagine this; You are loyal for life only to be tossed aside like fiddler. Sounds like no good deed goes unpunished. This is truly a people issue not a policy issue! In this electronic age, we have many choices about where to shop. I cannot in good conscience, do business with a company that disrespects me and treats me like a number without regard for the detriment they have wittingly caused. Remember, we all have a choice where we do business. Happy Holidays.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Like many others, I had the unfortunate experience of not catching an old address on an order I placed. When I called for help, simply said too bad, absolutely nothing they could do to help. I called UPS and they confirmed that indeed Kohl’s was the only way to fix the problem... all they needed to do was create and submit a new shipping label. Easy. I’ve been a faithful Kohl’s customer and credit card holder for 15 yrs. No longer. They lost my business for such hands off way of doing business. Kohl’s said that I should call the people at my old address and ask them for the package. How the hell would I even know them?!?!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Called Kohl's because my order didn't go through and the price changed on an item. I spoke to SNOW who said she would refund my credit card the difference of the sale price after speaking to a manager. So I place the order then I get an email from kohl's stating an inquiry was submitted to customer service dept on my behalf. I then get another email stating they can't make price adjustments and thanks for my understanding. I respond by asking then why did the customer service rep say she personally was refunding my credit card the difference?! HORRIBLE customer service and I'm returning my order so they won't get any money at all for my purchase. You don't want to honor your word?? Then you get nothing at all. TRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES BETTER AND THANKS "SNOW" FOR LYING.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I placed an order on Friday online. And Received a delivery date of Sunday December 1st. Needless to say I did not receive my order on that day and now I'm being told that I have to wait until Tuesday to receive my order. After placing the order I had plans to take my family to Disneyland for 3 days. I paid for the tickets already and now I'm finding out that I can't return those tickets and because I have to wait an extra 2 days for the package I won't be able to use them.

As a disabled veteran I do not feel like a valued customer and when I call customer service at no point in time did they represented listen to anything I had to say. She kept talking over me and cutting them all when I was trying to explain to her something very simple. I ask, "I was given a delivery date of Sunday. Why did it change?" Instead of heart given me an answer she pretty much top over you in and yelled at so between the customer service experience and the online shopping experience I will never ever use Kohl's again and I will be spreading the word to all of the veteran organizations that I work with to not use them as well due to the treatment that I received.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

BEWARE! It gives me no pleasure to rate this card with no stars. The store and prices are great and having the card has additional benefits for points and pricing but the credit service itself has major issues. At the Kohl's cash register when checking we were checking out, we were encouraged to apply for the card, we were immediately approved, used the card right then for the additional cost savings and because we had the cash on hand decided just to go ahead and pay the amount charged to the card right then on the spot and not receive a bill later.

All seemed well until sometime, a week or so later, we received a call from someone saying they were with Kohl's asking for additional information (again card already approved and used) including a SS#. I refused to give that over the phone for fear of someone attempting identity theft etc. (something that had just happened in a big way to a close relative), and was told that we could present the info next time at the store. OK, we said that would be fine. Well, we sometime later received a letter in the mail asking for the same information and at this point decided it safe enough to send this info via email but first called to confirm that this was indeed Kohl's and to make sure we understood the exact documents required. I got off the phone and sent it immediately.

Next time we went to the store we were told the account had already been closed (and reported to credit agencies), and although irritated, wondering why the woman on the phone didn't tell us the account had already been closed (a further indication that they don't have it together and their incompetencies could cost you via a damaged credit reporting) and there was nothing we could do about it (after a half an hour at the store on the phone with the credit services department, with the assistance of the store cashier who was quite nice and empathetic), but was encouraged to simply open a new one, right then. We applied and were denied. WHAT??? OK. Whatever, perhaps a bit later after the smoke has cleared on the initial closing idiocy we could apply, which we later tried online and were once again denied, or so we understood.

Turns out that account was actually open, which realized via a our own credit check as although we had received some letter in the mail from Kohl's, saying "your account has been closed," and another to the effect of "someone is trying to open an account with your info" and your card is being used fraudulently and will be closed. WHAT ACCOUNT??? We understood we had no accounts!!! SO.... The credit report now shows two closed Kohl's accounts which kills the credit rating we have been working to build after living out of the country for 7 years and not having much of a recent payment history for for this reason. I called several times and even wrote a letter which I finally GOT a call in reply to but was told, "there is nothing we can do about it, as it wouldn't be fair to others to clean this whole debacle from your credit"??? FAIR to who?

This exact thing has happened before because you didn't get the info you needed in the first place, although activated the card and then called and asked to confirm SS# for someone who wisely wouldn't give it you over the phone??? Kohl's do you see an issue here? Or not fair to those whose account was closed for non-payment??? Not our case but the report on the credit report could indicate this??? So... long story short... beware as the credit department is lost and it could really cost you via your credit report for no fault of your own other than caution with your personal information. If this has or does happen to you, I suggest that you do the same and report this to the BBB and secretary of state to minimally prevent this from happening to others and encourage kohl's, an otherwise great store, fix their issues.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

Ordered at few seconds after midnight early Thursday. PS4 Black Friday deal at $199. In stock it said so I’m good. Don’t have to go to other stores or online anywhere else. Wrong!! Get an email 5 days later....order canceled. Not in stock!!! Really. After all other Black Friday deals are gone everywhere else....now you tell me. If I’d known I would have fought the crowds to get. Now $100 more everywhere else. Customer service just tells me I’m out of luck. Bad bad service practice.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I have been SCAMMED. One of my worst customer online buy experience I have ever received. I ordered the Nutri Ninja® Blender DUO with Auto-iQ™and went to pick up and drove all the way to Wylie to pick the item and this is what I get. It's been used and beaten up by the previous owner. I asked the customer support at the store. They just stick the tape and gave the box to me. KOHL'S please increase the standards for online purchase.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Made online order. Charged for order. Some items send separated. Recharged card two additional times from my account. Spoke to supervisor. He said, "Unfortunately that's the way it is." I said, "What if I had a check that was out there and bounced? Would you had paid the fee?" He said no. Exactly my point. Taking money from people account is not good especially when they are not aware of the charges even if the order is split up from the initial payment. It's not a good consumer satisfaction move at all. We as consumers must not be subjected to Kohl's ways of doing business. We expect to pay one time for the merchandise. Just because it's not available don't mean to charge a card more times to satisfy Kohl's bottom line of sales. Now our money tied up until preauthorization fall off 3-7 days really. I will be contacting corporate soon as possible. This is unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I ordered grandchildren holiday day gifts online at Kohls.com; I changed the shipping address and verified all information was correct. Somehow orders went to old address; spent e hours on phone to every Kohl's department and was told there was nothing that could be done as the 30 minute change of order was past. I was told to contact FedEx, USPS And UPS which I have tried (will try again Monday). It is hard to believe that a fulfillment center can't do anything; years ago I worked at a fulfillment center and I was always able to contact our shippers and Help. I will be calling Kohl's Corporation on Monday.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Kohl's usually have my size if not I can order them online and fit. Usually I can find most everything I need in this store now that they closed our Herberger's. They have shoes, socks, underwear and kitchen supplies and household goods.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Went to return an Amazon package of something I did not order. Not only did they not accept it but they said there was nothing we could do. I had the email saying to take it to Kohl’s with all the details. Never shopping there again, you guys are the absolute worst customer service ever!!!! Had to give at least one star. This experience deserves zero stars!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Kohl's shipped my presents to the wrong address two hours away and their customer service in the Dominican Republic refused to help. They told me too bad, money lost. Not their issue. Kohl's would not reship or credit us for their mistake.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The Jean's fit amazing. I usually buy them on sale. They last a long time and are worth every cent. The makes put alot of work into them. The stitch is heavy duty and the material doesnt fade or falter.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I am very, very disappointed in Kohl’s today. I received an email about early Black Friday specials, so I went into the store to make a purchase. The price in the store was a lot higher than what was shown in the email, so I asked a store clerk about it, and showed her the ad on my phone. She did not seem to know why there was a difference either, so I decided not to purchase it there. On the way out of the store, I talked to another clerk, and she advised me that the early deals were for online purchases only, so I decided to leave and make the purchase online. (My fault. I guess I misread the ad).

When I got home, I went to the website to complete the purchase, and found that the item was no longer available. This was on Wednesday (for a Black Friday special that was supposed to run through November 29). The website said the item was out of stock and that there were no stores that had it within a 50 mile radius, so I called the store and was told that they DID still have them in stock. There was no way to order for store pickup though, since the website said it was unavailable. Unfortunately, I was unable to get to the store on Thanksgiving or Black Friday, so I could not get the deal.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I placed an order online but while entering the zip code, I noticed that one digit was incorrect. While trying to correct it, the order processed. I immediately went to the "My Orders" tab to try to correct or cancel the order. The link would not allow me to do either. I called the customer service number. During the greeting, it states that "Orders placed more than 30 minutes ago cannot be cancelled. It has been 2 minutes. I spoke with a representative, then a manager, who told me I CANNOT cancel an order nor change it, even though 30 minutes had not passed. I was told (And I will post the recorded conversations to social media, along with supporting screenshots) that "nobody" can cancel an order, even though it's going to be delivered to the wrong address. It is UNETHICAL for this company to make a recorded statement that you have 30 minutes to cancel an order, then NOT ALLOW a customer to cancel an order at all, under any circumstance.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Just had a bad experience with Kohl’s Department store in Sterling, VA. I was looking for luggage and found one I like on sale. We went to the store and tried to buy it (in stock). They told us the sale price was online only. We were OK with that. We tried to order it online in the store and tried to use customer pick up. The online order wouldn’t let us select in-sore pickup even though we had it in-hand. In fact it said that no store within 20 miles had it. I talked to the store manager, Anjana about giving me the sale price since I needed it right away for travel. She blew me off and said that she could not honor the price because everyone will come into the store asking for them to honor online prices. This is such a lame excuse. They just lost a customer forever. I called Kohl’s customer service and they said that the store manager should have honored the price.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

No one speaks good English. Hard to understand. I'm pretty upset. Called about an order that was not calculated right. A person took order over the phone. Took my Kohl's Cash off first then 25%. Overcharged me $31.37. Have acctg degree. NO MORE KOHLS.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I have been a Kohl’s customer for a many years. I have never had a late payment. Recently I went to work out of town, and mailed my bill in instead of paying it online. When I got back from my trip I saw that there was a late fee on my bill. I panicked and called them immediately. The guy on the phone said that since I had paid it only a couple weeks late, that I would not be reported to a credit agency. Suddenly my credit rating falls 100 points. I have no idea why. I find out they reported me. I called to ask him why they reported me and the guy on the phone said they didn’t that everything was fine. So both of the customer service agents lied to me. I really don’t wanna do business with these people ever again. I know I have a ding on my credit because the check got lost in the mail and I had no control over that.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Where do I start? I purchased my mother a kitchen table/chair set online. Filled out the info billing, etc. not looking at the shipping because I assumed it was the same as billing unless you change it yourself. I don't know the time from when I purchased to when I received the email but they say it was after a 30 minute modify or cancel time frame. I checked my email and it showed the shipping address for a location I don't live at anymore and in a different city altogether. I then call C/S for help to change the shipping info and they state there is nothing they can do, but tell me all I have to do is call the courier and have them change the delivery location so I was satisfied until I called the courier and they state that it has to be the company and or shipper that can modify the shipping info.

I go back and forth explaining to the courier the situation and they say there's nothing they can do. I then call back to Kohls and tell them what the courier says and the customer service guy then say that they are sorry but their hands are tied. I then get an email from a C/S person telling me that they are not at fault I had time to change the address and I would need to call the person at my previous address to have them deny the package. I was shocked. I then call back the courier trying to figure a way around the procedures they make and they tell me that Kohls uses a 3rd party vendor that they get their furniture from so I call them, explain the situation and try and change the address thru them and they say they can't do it. I get the same run around.

At this point I am exhausted from the back n forth run around. I call C/S again and tell them I spoke to their vendor and explain to them that all they need to dop is call them and say and email the address change and the guy on the phone say, "Yes sir sorry we can't do that," so I then ask, "So you are telling me that I can't cancel, I can't get the addressed changed so I lose my money because I can't get my product," he says yes pretty much and laughs...LAUGHS? Who laughs in this situation?

I am livid now so I ask to speak to someone higher than him and he basically laughs and says, "Hold on sir." While I am on hold I call the 3rd party vendor on the phone (my cell) and get them on the line and literally thru both phones have them speak to each other and you know the supervisor still doesn't do anything to help me. She tells him exactly what he can do and the guy says, "Yes sorry we can't do that." So my mom's gift is being sent to someone else and I LOSE MY MONEY. THANK YOU KOHLS FOR NOTHING.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Ordered a table online and it came damaged. Been on the phone an hour and a half...with customer service agents who can’t speak English... A friggin hour and a half! Can’t replace it for a month, can’t get a refund For over a week either! Refuse to expedite a new one! Buy Amazon! Stay away from Kohl’s for online orders!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I ordered online and hoped to receive a package, but instead they tell me to go pick up my order from a store in New Jersey. !!!! I live in NY and don't have a car.

Customer service said I have to wait 4 days for this order to be canceled so I can get my monEy back!!!! UNACCEPTABLE.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

While checking out at Kohl's they were pushing for a Kohl's card for a discount. I didn't want it at first, but they were insistent, so I took it, but I was told that they need to check my credit. I asked them if it was a credit card they were giving me. Only then they told me that it is a credit card, but it's not a hard check they're running, no problem. Later that evening I get a message from my credit reporting agency, that Kohl's ran a hard inquiry on me. Unbelievable.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Ordered a outerwear jacket from Kohl's via internet last week. Have ordered via internet for store pickup from Walmart, Penney's, and Target without incident. The email informing me that the order was ready specified "photo ID and this email." This assumes that I have a printer, but I suggest that not everyone with a computer has a printer. So in order to follow their instructions and not show up without the email and have the pickup refused, I went to a local library and had the email printed. Of course I discovered that what printed was not just the email but 2 pages of ads. Went to the local store only to find out that they did not need a copy of the email, just the order number and an ID. Don't understand why the IT dept. and the operations aren't on the same page.

Have had issues with the IT dept. in the past. Used to have a Kohl's charge card, but repeatedly had to change my password because it didn't recognize the last one I had to change. After having to change my password numerous time and the hassle it created, I canceled my credit card. It seems as though the operation end of the business and the IT dept. are at odds. Does not the left hand know what the right hand is doing???

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I placed an on-line order. There were 12 items total. We had recently moved, so requested pick up at the store. 8 of my items were shipped to the store for pick up, the other 4 items were shipped to my previous address. When I called about this, they said it was my fault, that I needed to check each item to be shipped to the store. I don't recall seeing this, and doesn't make any sense as to why 8 of the items would have been sent to the store and not the other 4. Their shopping cart is not specific about this. But what floored me is they refused to ship the items again, but this time to the store.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and the supervisor would only give me her first name. When I asked for her supervisor's name, she refused to give me a name. I normally shop at Kohl's every Christmas and I was planning on buying more items. I've only just begun shopping for Christmas items. Forget Kohl's! I will stick with Amazon. Kohl's customer service was awful. And their shopping cart sucks! Amazon would never treat their customers like this.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Kohl's wants you to believe that they have outstanding customer service. The people are fine, but the service is still far from outstanding. Aside from problems using Kohls.com (items being mysteriously lost from the shopping bag, etc.), here is the most recent example. My wife opened a charge account with Kohl's back in 2000. We have been MVC customers for 19 of the 20 years we have had the account. She died in June of this year, but I continued using the account and reached MVC status for next year.

I finally got around to calling to have her removed from the account. When I did that, I found out that she had opened the account only in her name and added me as an authorized user. Kohl's informed me that they would have to close the account and I would need to open a new account in my name. I told them I was ok with that, as long as I could get MVC status for the new account. Guess what? They can't (or won't) do that. If Kohl's had outstanding customer service, they would find a way to give me the MVC status. Looks like I am going to go back to shopping at JCPenney.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

After looking at 1000 rings, I found my dream wedding ring at Kohl’s Online. It was a $7000 ring on sale. It is a stunning ring; however, a diamond fell out on my wedding day. I had a beautiful, flawless ring for a mere 3 hours! Although Kohl's promises a 160 day guarantee, they refuse to honor it because it is an online only item, without paying several hundred more.

Went to the local Kohl's and the manager was on the phone with the online Kohl's for at least 45 minutes. The manager fought for us on the phone, “look, they spent A LOT of money on this”. “How can we make this right for them?” “ I have their receipt, box, ring right in front of me”. Their only offer was to return the defective one, deduct the Kohl's cash we used, and then spend an additional $300 (because one of the discounts we used to purchase the ring had expired).

We left our beautiful honeymoon suite hours early to go straight to Kohl's as soon as they opened. The local manager asked over and over why they couldn’t just send a replacement ring to the store for us?!? She reiterated that this bride just wants her ring, a nondefective one! Kohl's Online will not send anything over $250 value to the store. I sat at the jewelry counter in tears half a day after my wedding and left with a defective ring that we saved and saved for. She and her local manager were just as disgusted as this bride and her groom. Please, please do not buy anything of value on Kohl's Online! Now, we will be shelling out more money to have a REPUTABLE jeweler replace the diamond and pray the whole ring doesn’t crumble. My family and friends are so upset that they now hate Kohl's.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

On Oct 1, 2019 I called customer service to advise that my payment would we late because on recent unemployment situation. They advised no problem. We can post date a payment & everything would be fine. At the end of Oct I gave them a call to find out why my account had been closed since 2 payments had been made on the October. At that time I was told that the representative I spoke with Oct 1st reported my account in bankruptcy, which it is not. I have spoken to 3 representatives since them, none of them have bothered to “pull the tape & listen to the call. Now when I look at my credit report my score has dropped 75 points because they placed my account in collections for no reason. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT KOHL’S AGAIN????

Kohl's Company Information