3.8/5 (214 ratings)

About Kohl's

Kohl’s is a department store that sells clothing, furniture, electronics and home appliances. You can purchase its products online or at a local store. With Kohl’s Cash, customers receive $10 in store credit for every $50 spent during certain promotions. You must return electronics within 30 days, but all other items are returnable up to 180 days after the date of purchase.

Kohl's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: April 24, 2020

I was unable to use my charge card for more than a year due to some financial issues. Received notice from my credit monitoring company that my score dropped due to Kohl's canceling my charge card due to inactivity. SERIOUSLY!!! No notice from Kohl's at all, that it could be canceled. I'm finally getting back on my feet, getting my credit score improved and KOHL's pulls this crap. Hurt my credit score badly. Will they re-open my card? NO!!! I have to re-apply, which also hurts my credit score. I will never shop at KOHL's again! Thanks for nothing KOHL's

Original review: April 22, 2020

I am very upset about the fact that I ordered something a couple weeks ago, I made sure to send it to my current address and I'm not sure what happened but this still went to the wrong address 1,000k+ miles away. I even have the email to prove that I updated the address. Anyway, I called Kohl's days before the delivery, waited an hour to talk to someone only to be told that I am the owner of the package and have to call UPS about rerouting it. I called UPS, waited another 30 min to talk to someone and was told Kohl's is supposed to submit an intercept request or I have to be on the line with both companies to validate the request.

Of course I was stupid enough to ask each rep to wait on the line until I could get ahold of the other and they denied that. This turned into back and forth calls for a couple of days until I finally got someone from Kohl's who finally mentioned they would be re-routing the package and that I would get an email about it. It's been a week now, no email, nothing. The status of my package is that it's still on hold as I had requested but it's in FL not CO where it should be. I called Kohl's again about a status update and was told to just wait longer. I'm moving shortly and really just need to make sure this item is here before I leave my current apartment. This has been a total disaster and the wait time on these calls are just horrible. I have all the recordings of the calls if anyone is interested.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Best price cut for your money. Bought a diamond earring and a watch. It was mark 50 percent off. That just made my day. I would consider of buying jewelry again and on top of that you get an extra 20 percent when you purchase back to their store.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Do Not Want To Buy 2 Of A Kind. On 2 occasions I have tried to buy an item at Kohl's only to be told that if I bought a second item I could get it at half-price...That meant a 25% discount on each. I didn't want a second one so I didn't buy any.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I've tried to give Kohl's the benefit of the doubt but I'm done. I bought towels and the seams ripped out after owning them for less than 8 weeks. I bought slippers that fell apart after 3 weeks of very minimal wear. Pajamas that have holes in them after one wash, pants with inseams a full inch shorter than what's labeled and the final one is a sweater that had an entire seam fall out after hand washing it like it states to do on the label.

Original review: April 16, 2020

We purchased the South Shore Acapella Wardrobe, only to get an incomplete product. Some of the panels were missing holes for the hardware. The doors tot he unit were both left doors. Etc. I reviewed the product through Kohl's who removed the review. Apparently they only allow good reviews on their site. I will never shop at Kohl's again as they obviously have no integrity and no good business practice. I was able to make the unit work using power tools and experience. The Unit was too expensive to need this kind of work.

Original review: April 14, 2020

You can find some really nice things @ Koh'ls @ affordable prices. Customer service is friendly & very helpful. They carry several brands & great sales. I always get "Kohl's cash" to use on future purchases.

Original review: April 11, 2020

I visited a Kohl's in New Jersey with my fiancée to buy an engagement ring. We picked one out but had to order it to be shipped to her in New York because her size was not in stock. A salesman assisted us and copied my driver's license for ID. When I got home to Virginia, the sale was blocked by the Kohl's fraud department. I had to send copies of utility bills (and my driver's license again!) to prove my identity and get online help placing the order again. And again it was blocked! When I called Kohl's again, I was told I could submit the order a third time, but it still might be blocked. No, thank you, I said.

Resolution response: April 9, 2020

Janice B from Corp reached out to me to send a UPS label so I can properly exchange it, appreciated.

Original review: April 9, 2020

When @Kohl's stores are all closed they let you use %40 as a “mystery offer” but when you need a new size to even exchange.... nope can’t use it anymore. Maybe should just stop spending thousands there.

Original review: April 6, 2020

I ordered a pair of sunglasses because they weren't available at the store. Just rating my recent shipment alone, I give Kohl's 0 stars. I love Kohl's for their great deals, selection, and fast free shipping, but was disappointed with this order. I received a humongous box used to ship the sunglasses (see boxes in photo). I'm glad they didn't use bubble wrap as an added waste, but the glasses, which may be somewhat fragile, must have been bounced around loosely in the box during delivery. A much smaller shipping box would have been more secure and sufficient. The shipping box had a rip-off tab to open and wasn't ideal for reusing either, so I recycled it.

All companies, especially large ones who ship often, need to strive to be environmentally conscientious in this time of public awareness about the environment. I no longer buy expensive sunglasses, because I always lose them. Regarding the sunglasses, which haven't been worn yet, I'd rate 4 stars for what seems like good quality, UV400 lenses, and suitability for most outdoor occasions with 1 star deducted for stylishness. I got a good deal on them using Kohl's cash.

Original review: March 30, 2020

Obviously no one could have expected COVID19 and the closure of stores, but Kohl's response to it has been very poor compared to other retailers. My ship to store order was cancelled. I chose this option to not pay the ridiculous $9 for shipping a single item. They have cancelled my order and will not honor the price I paid or offer free ship to my door to make up for this. Instead I am told "just spend $75 to get free ship" as if that easy to do. Meanwhile other retailers like Macy's have $25 free ship to my door. JCPenney $49 free ship to my door. Guess I know who is getting my business during these times.

Original review: March 28, 2020

We found two lates posted on our credit. Found out the Kohl's automated debit function failed to operate properly. As a result we contacted Kohl's and they basically stated, "So sad. Even if our system fails to work properly it's on you." It was then researched and proven that it was their fault and they still refused to remove the lates. I asked to have the account closed. This was in Fall 2018. Today I find out the account was never closed. I had to call and argue with them to close it and get it off my credit report as an active account. This place is absolutely awful to deal with. I have a high credit score which makes this even more frustrating. These banks are just ridiculous. Word of advise - stay far away from a Kohl's charge account.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Bought two blankets online. Neither worked, so I returned them. Was told I would have $40 Kohl's Cash removed from the amount of refund. I never used the Kohl's Cash. (Had placed an order for store pick up then canceled order when I realized I wouldn't be keeping the blankets; was told "no problem".) Went to store to return blankets. The "system" would only refund amount less Kohl's Cash amount, so store mgr assured me that if I let her mail in my receipt to corporate, I would receive a full refund within 7-10 days. A month went by, still no word. 5 weeks later, I see a credit for the blanket return on my account--less the $40 for Kohl's Cash that I never used. So in other words: I was lied to. Called Kohl's and no one seems to have the authority to override what is a system quirk on their end. So I closed my account and will never shop there again. Predatory business practices.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Terrible customer service!!!! I paid the last payment due on the day it was due, but they processed the payment the next day and charged me a late charge. So....I called and asked to have the late fee removed. Ha HA no such luck!!! I have been a good customer that has always paid on time. What the heck! I closed my account because if that is the way they are going to treat a good customer then I rather not do business with them.

Original review: March 19, 2020

My husband bought 2 pairs of sneakers at Kohls.com on March 7. He wants to return them but no shipping label was provided. When he called Kohl’s last night, he was told that Kohl’s is no longer allowing customers to return their online purchases by mail. They would not say why. They said: the only way to return a purchase is by coming into the store. They are making people risk their lives in order to get refunds. We are in the vulnerable age group and feel that Kohl’s is profiting from the virus by only allowing risky in-store returns that they know people in my age group won’t make.

When we are all told to hunker down to stay safe, Kohl’s should not be exploiting their customers’ safety in order to make a buck! And since when does a national retailer revise its return policy immediately after one has just made a purchase???? This is really unacceptable behavior for a national chain, don’t you think. Businesses who try to take advantage of customers during a pandemic must be boycotted. Say NO to Kohl's.

Original review: March 7, 2020

I received a 30% discount coupon in the mail so I went to the store to use it. It turns out, the coupon was not acceptable on "selected products". This left a bad impression on me so now when I get these coupons in the mail, I simply recycle them.

Original review: March 5, 2020

First of all, their main call center is not here in the US...It's in the Philippines. I ordered a pair of Levi's...spent almost $60. Shipped to my home, they were not true to size...waaay too big. So now, I have to pay the penalty...I either have to ship them back...cost on me or return them to a store. I don't have a car, it's going to cost me a good $20 to return them in person. What's the point of ordering from Kohl's when you can order online a pair of Levi's from so many other places and not have to absorb this cost. So thank you Kohl's...now I know that I can never order from you again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I think Kohl's is a very good store. Their products have very good quality and they have good sales. Kohl's has a good atmosphere in which to shop. It is usually the department store I would go to over other department stores because of its sales and its quality in its merchandise.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I must share an awful experience with Kohl’s. I had a $15 charge for my February bill. I paid the bill not only on time, but early, and in return they robbed me of $16 for a late fee and interest charge because they said the payment was rejected...from an account that managed to go through when they took double for the late fee and interest!

Hmmm. I have paperless billing, but they sent a letter notifying me of the payment issue 4 days later through the U.S. mail so there was no chance I’d get it before the due date...wouldn’t you think an email would be the way to communicate for a paperless account??? And why a confirmation code for the payment if it was an “invalid account number”? They couldn't answer any of that and couldn’t waive the fee, but would credit it to my account later if they decided it was appropriate. As I will never shop at Kohl’s again and closed the account, a credit does me no good! Beware of Kohl’s and their SCAM billing processes!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I was very pleased and amazed at the same time with the efficiency of the online process especially for in store pickup. They made it so easy for me to search their website by category browse through the items to get what I want in a matter of a couple hours. The checkout online process was also very nice and easy. You can apply multiple coupons and promo codes on the order. I would highly recommend Kohl's. Great store with great promotions and organized online for in store pickup as well as items being shipped to me.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I will NEVER shop at Kohl's ever again!!! On Thursday, January 23, 2020, I had the most miserable experience trying to exchange three pairs of pants for smaller sizes of the same identical model at the Mays Landing, NJ store. The associate seemed confused from the outset, and at least three times asked which pairs I was returning when one set of three pairs of pants had no tags and were clearly worn, while the others still had all the store tags attached.

One pair of jeans (Levis 514) I exchanged once before because Kohl's didn't stock my size. The sale price was $39.99. When I first exchanged them it was a hassle free even trade. Yet the second time I exchanged them for an even smaller size the associate was confused and wouldn’t accept my receipt or couldn’t find the same jeans on the computer. The return was processed as not having a receipt and a temporary refund of $41.70 was issued. However, I was then charged $69.50 minus $3.50 in Kohl’s cash for a total of $66.00 for the same identical jeans with a waist size one inch smaller! An overall increase of $26.01 from the price I originally paid!!!

For the next pair I exchanged (Levis 559) I also originally paid $39.99, and also received a refund of $41.70 taking away $5.00 in Kohl’s cash for a final refund of only $36.70. I originally paid $79.98 for the two pairs (2 x $39.99) and received a refund for only $78.40 ($41.70 + $36.70), a loss of $1.58. This second transaction worked out in my favor and after applying $1.50 in Kohl’s cash the discounted price was brought down to $28.25, a savings of $11.74. Again, I was exchanging the same identical pants for a smaller size!

The third exchange went smoothly because they were Kohl’s Urban Pipeline brand and I didn’t have to wait as the associate clumsily looked for a matching code number. Once totaled, I lost $27.59 ($26.01 + $1.58) and gained $11.74 for an overall loss, on what was an even exchange, of $15.85. This exact difference is reflected in the increase in the balance of my Kohl’s charge account from $69.95 to $85.80 although I made no purchases other than this “exchange”.

Lastly, I initially returned a pair of slippers I received as a Christmas gift without the receipt and received a paltry fraction of the original price ($5.00 and change). While still at the counter I was able to find the receipt buried in my wallet and received a refund of the full purchase price of $16.49. These needless transactions took well over 20 minutes and backed up the line of customers so much that a third associate had to be called to wait on those impatiently waiting. This is unacceptable! Kohl’s advertises “Hassle-Free Returns”, but their handling of a simple exchange was a bungled disaster! Not only will I never shop in Kohl’s ever again, I will also post my experience on Facebook for my 1,600+ friends to read as well as the Kohl’s official page. Lastly, I am cutting up my Kohl’s charge, paying it off, and closing my account. Thanks for the misery and your not so low prices. I’ll shop at your competitors from now on.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I ordered Christmas gifts online at Kohl's.com. One item was only created a shipping label and never sent. I called and got it reordered. Same issue. Never got shipped. I had to call again and was told that the item was available for in store pick up. I asked why was I sent a tracking number and told ups was the carrier. She wouldn't say anything but it was available at the store. I live 4 hrs. away so that is why I shopped online. I hung up and called again and got a woman who cancelled the order and then reordered it for me. I eventually got the toy (after Christmas) which was a huge disappointment. Not very happy with Kohl's. They also refused to post my review and I can't review my online experience with their site. Not impressed.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I purchased items online with an advertised 25%. The very next day there was a 40% off discount. I called and spoke with supervisor Reese #** whom was very rude and condescending. She told me the items were excluded however it said none of such in the exclusions. I got frustrated and hung up. Today I spoke with supervisor Ann, whom was just as rude. I wanted to exchange the pants for another size. Her response "That's why when you order online you have to make sure you can fit it!" How dare you? I asked for someone over her. She said ok and places me on hold for 20 mins (I guess waiting for me to hang up). Well I've worked in a call center environment at a Department store. I know that if you place a customer on hold you'll get hold music. If you push mute then.... well I was on mute for 20 mins.

I call corporate and spoke with Paula whom was just as rude. At this point, I don't want a discount because I'll never order or shop with them again. I wanted to exchange my pants (I love Adidas). I was told I would have to drive over an hour away to exchange them because that's their exchange policy. No resolution whatsoever. I mean a return label or anything would've helped except $5 when I have to pay $30 for gas. What about my inconvenience? Oh wait she offered me 100 bonus yes you are points which is $5.

I have never in my whole entire life ever experienced this level of unprofessionalism, non compassionate, unhelpful, and undermining service from a department store. If corporate operates in this level, I see why the "supervisors" were unphased. Shop at your own risk and "Make sure you can fit the clothes you order online!" Never had a problem with the many Adidas clothes I've purchased so I know my size.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I purchased a gift card online and when I received the notification my order had delivered, I checked my door step where the other holidays gifts were placed and in my mailbox...no gift card. I contacted Kohl's customer service immediately. I was told I would have to wait until the next day to inform them that I had not received my order. Although I thought that was odd, I went ahead and called again the next day. I was told I would receive a refund for the cost of the gift card within 5 to 7 business days. The refund did not come so I called back providing the reference number I was given at the time of the original call. I repeated this process 4 times! The last call I placed I was promised I would receive my refund by January 3, 2020. This promise was made on December 20, 2019.

Today is January 6, 2020 and after checking my bank account, I still have not received my refund. The customer service department for online purchases is horrible. I have no alternative but to contact Kohl's CEO and file a formal complaint. I hope I get resolution to this issue. I have always been a customer of Kohl's, however, if I do not receive the money that is owed to me, how could I possibly continue to be a customer? Beware of making gift card purchases online.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I had received multiple gift cards for a gift. I was shopping online online Black Friday and the website would not allow me to use more than one gift card per transaction. I spent over an hour on the phone with customer service to be told they would not even be able to apply more than one gift card to a transaction. After being told the system is not set up to allow that, I asked for any compensation for wasting my shopping time on black Friday. They only offered me $10 on a future online purchase. I declined, and told them I would not be shopping with them again. I had to pay an extra $40 to get the same product from Amazon.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

My yes2you rewards expired yesterday. I called asking for 1 day extension and was told that it's fine to use it in the store because it's like Kohls cash with 10 days grace period. I shopped and only to be told that they can't take it in the store. I called back and was told I have to order it on the phone in order for them to be able to apply it. Went home and look for item to buy. Called back and was told no I can't use it. Very frustrating. I've always use Kohls for clothing but I'm going to limit spending there now. Also they now limit so many items on their discount offers.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

After several emails and ads I'd seen, I decided to check out Kohl's Black Friday sales with their "Kohl's cash" offer. WHAT A MISTAKE! I had no idea that if I had to return an item (since they were Christmas gifts for my teen girl I assume I will have to as our taste differs sometimes) that my refund would be reduced by the ENTIRE amount of Kohl's cash used! So for a $20 pair of boots and $5 shirt I got a whopping $6 refund! Not to mention that I had to spend over $100 for that privilege! Two different order dates and had a return on each so I got NO ADVANTAGE at all for the hundreds of dollars I spent there!! I cannot believe they don't pro-rate the Kohl's cash on a refund. When asked if we could get something else I was told it had to be the same brand and price! Then to see their "hassle free returns" all over the web is just a slap in the face! I will NEVER spend another dime there.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Very frustrating that I placed an order online 12/12 for Christmas gifts and on 12/23 UPS tracking shows it as damaged, discarded and that they notified Kohl's. I've waited a week to see if I received a refund and it hasn't happened yet. After speaking with Customer Service, they said I must wait until Kohls receives the package from UPS, even though they also see it was damaged and not shipped to me --- why???? I mentioned that UPS states it's been discarded and Kohls said I need to wait and call back on 1/4/2020 to check the status again. In the meantime, I can place (and pay) for a replacement order. This doesn't make sense and Kohls is not handling it correctly.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

11/27 ordered a pillow. 12/16 lost in Fla. I cancelled. Refund to be here 12/23. I called 12/24. Should have refund overnight. 12/30 called again. They will put in a request again. May take 7 more days. So waiting almost a month, never got a product and no refund either.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Had the worst Christmas shopping ever, buying sport shoes for my husband turned into nightmare. They send me wrong shoe size two times in a row, then online agent assured me I will receive refund as e gift card on my email within 7-14 days, then I followed up again. Was told that I will receive it by 17th of December. Now it is 22nd and no e gift card back, now contacted this worst customer service again and the supervisor is saying that they do not send e gift card, they mailed it and I will receive it in a month!!!! What?!!! Now I have to wait for month to get my money back plus I had the worst experience ever! Definitely will stop shopping in your store because you lie to people and then cannot fix the problem!!!!

Kohl's Company Information