2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5
Based on 1,877 ratings submitted in the last year

Kohl’s is a department store that sells clothing, furniture, electronics and home appliances. You can purchase its products online or at a local store. With Kohl’s Cash, customers receive $10 in store credit for every $50 spent during certain promotions. You must return electronics within 30 days, but all other items are returnable up to 180 days after the date of purchase.

Kohl's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: March 29, 2021

First, everything they have a discount code, it automatically assigns you the discount. I usually get the 15% and never the 30%. Then, when you earn Kohl's Cash. You have to spend it within a few weeks of the initial purchase. Since I just made a purchase, I don't need anything else. The expiration or usage dates should extend further. Last, they decided to get political and will no longer carry MyPillow products because the owner had 'the nerves' to question an election most of us think is **. So, I am canceling my card and will no longer be a Kohl's customer. The goal of a company should be profit, why they brought politics into it I will never understand.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Kohls has become terribly disappointing! If you are locked out online, cart full, card in, nowhere to go. I left over $100.00 In my cart 2 weeks ago. Hey Kohls help us help you succeed!! We can't purchase if you make it so darn hard!!! Because who cares about a password?! If I cant remember it, do you still want my business?!! Over it!!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I was a loyal Kohl’s customer for many years. I had a Kohl's credit card I used infrequently but had always paid my full balance. I divorced and moved but forgot to change my address. My ex did not forward the bill and I had a <$30 charge on the account. After 2-3 months I was checking online and noticed the delinquency and paid immediately. I called Kohl’s the next day and was told I could send a goodwill letter asking for forgiveness and likely they would forgive the delinquency and remove it from my credit report because of my good history, the small amount and the circumstance (divorce/address change). I did that but got a terse reply stating they had no obligation to change anything and the delinquency would stay on my credit report. I called again and was treated rudely.

My otherwise stellar credit rating has one blemish since over some stupid tennis shoes that cost about $28. I have shredded my credit card since and will never purchase from Kohl’s again and take every opportunity to dissuade friends and family from shopping there. This is already a net loss for them of thousands or tens of thousands of dollars over a $28 bill that I actually did pay once I was aware. This is how they treated loyalty and this is why they don’t have mine any longer.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I tried to return jeans I purchased last March. I knew I was beyond the store policy but was very ill. My first time going to a retail establishment in almost a year was this trip. I tried to explain this to the woman at the store. She pushed the jeans back towards me and very curtly said "I don't care!" Today I felt well enough to call customer service and was told there is nothing they could do. It's too late to do a return, no exceptions. I can't believe a store is so unwilling to work with a customer and is okay with an associate being that rude. I've been a loyal customer for over 20 years. No longer, my business goes elsewhere!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

Never received a bill, they are charging late fees and won't work with you during a pandemic when so many are struggling to even make the minimum payment when they actually receive the bill!! Mail has been coming a month later than normal as it is!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Very disappointed that Kohl's would discontinue the My Pillow products. They have the BEST sheets and towels. I will NEVER shop at Kohl's again. They lost my business and the business of many, many, many people. Good luck.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

This company will no longer be my store of choice for buying items from anymore. Since I realized that they refuse to carry an American manufactured company My Pillow products due to a difference in political views. This is bigotry! The Kohl's company is shameful and I hope they go bankrupt after this! Goodbye to Kohls as they will never see a dime of my money! I will order directly through my pillow for my purchases from now on.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I just closed my account, uninstalled their app, and opted out of any further communication. Customer service is awful! It's been going downhill for years now and I've had enough. It appears I can add an image on the next screen. Bear in mind, I've been a Kohl's shopper for 10+ years and this was my first late payment by one day.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I made a purchase online for a Christmas gift. When I attempted to return it, I discovered that it can only be returned in person without penalty. If I choose to return it by mail, I would have to pay postage. Their return slips are archaic and they don't even provide a preprinted shipping label! I don't understand why free returns via mail during a pandemic is not available for online purchases. All other companies provide this service. Why not Kohl's? I DO NOT want to go in the store due to health reasons. I am not a frequent shopper of Kohls. After realizing this, consider my potential business nonexistent.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I ordered two toddler coats together from Kohl’s on Nov. 30, 2020. One of the coats arrived about 1 week after ordering. Today is Dec. 22nd and the other coat is yet to be delivered. Thinking the coat would arrive any day, I did not go buy another coat. There is no accurate tracking number for it to keep up with its location. The coats were shipped out by 2 different carriers for some reason that Kohl’s did not explain why. The missing in action coat was shipped through Pitney Bowes. It has past two promised delivery dates. The only information I can see on the coat is showing it has been sitting in Greenwood, IN. Every order I placed in October, November, and December from Amazon has arrived either arrived early or on the date they gave me. It has been so cold. I wish I had used Amazon to buy the coats.

Kohl's Company Information