1.41/5

1357 Kohl's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I had scheduled an online payment for my Kohl's credit card. In reviewing my bank statement the payment did not reach my bank account. I called Kohl’s customer service for credit cards. First call I had to hang up due to the fact I could not understand the foreigner at their overseas customer service center. I called back and reached someone I could somewhat understand. She was not very helpful. Could not give me any answers as to why my online payment was canceled. I asked for a supervisor. Ronald got on the phone and told me my payment was returned by the bank. By this time I found out that my card was charged a late fee and interest. I asked that it be credited which he did.

I called my bank. My could not find any record of a payment behind rejected. She even had a manager look at my account. I called Kohl’s customer service again and asked for a supervisor. Again could not understand the foreigner at the overseas call center. A supervisor had to call me back. So I hit my call from the supervisor. I said my concern was that the mistake was not made by my bank but at Kohl’s. It appears the payment was never sent to my bank. My concern is that a late charge is on my history going against my credit score. I never pay anything late. The supervisor was not concerned AT ALL. I have never had to call the customer service number for my card. I am rethinking keeping my credit card open seeing they can’t give me answers when I call. It was super frustrating to not be able to get this resolved.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

When I called Kohl's Customer Support Service and told them that I had problem accessing to Kohl’s website and Kohl's App to payment and they told me that I must have Kohl's credit card and I told them that I never received but they keeps ignored my comments. Kohl's keeps charges me for late fees for two months. Although they not even solves about late fees and force me to payment which I willing pay the bill. Again I felt that customer service not friendly to helps. The support person name is Ronald! I gave him no points for his not great services.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I opened a Kohl's charge card. On website clearly stated get 30% off today with opening of Kohl's charge. I opened up credit card, made a purchase and was only given 15% off. I called customer services immediately. I had to fight with them for over an hour on the phone to get the additional 15% off that the deal promised. They tried everything in the book to try and not give it to me. They even tried telling me this was not the first time it was using this charge card. After I had explained to them I just opened up the card 5 minutes prior to making my purchase. Make sure you check your receipt carefully. Kohl's will do anything to try and not give you the discounts they advertise. I actually think legally they have been in trouble with this in the past. I'm going to pay this 1st bill I get and cancel my card because of this transaction.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I purchased a dress, a pair of jeans, a pair of shoes and a shirt on my Kohl's charge and received their 15% fall savings. I had to return the dress because it was too big and they took off $10.00 of Kohl's cash (No Kohl's cash was used on this order) that I earned on that purchase but used 2 weeks later on another purchase!!! If I returned something from the purchase I used the cash on, I could understand, but I didn't use the Kohl's cash so why would they take it off of this dress?? It's just a gimmick to keep you coming back. So buyer beware... Don't ever return anything if you use the Kohl's cash!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have called several times about the items I did not receive on my order. I have been told to wait a little longer on the first two calls. I finally asked them to credit my account and forget the rest of my order, they act like they can't hear me. She said she would replace the items. NO I want to be credited for the items. All reps are from another country, and it's very hard to understand them. I'm done with Kohl's online, and stores. They can keep their junk!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

What is the purpose of having a website if you can't access any of your old credit card statements? I had to call customer service to request them. The first person I spoke with told me their system deletes everything from over a year ago. I demanded to speak with someone else who could actually help me and she continued to refuse! I asked to speak with a supervisor and she refused again! Unbelievable! I called the corporate number to complain but I probably ended up in the same call center. The second person who helped me actually did his job and was able to mail the statements I requested.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I ordered from Kohl's.com. All that came in the package were the items. No return form no invoice and no label. I am trying to return 2 of the 4 items. The first rep I spoke with said she can have UPS or FedEx actually come to the house to take the package. When I asked what to put inside the package to indicate what I’m returning so I can be properly credited. She put me on hold and another rep came on the phone. He said they would provide a free shipping label via email that would be all I needed. The next morning I revived an email from Kohl’s asking what was the reason for return. I emailed the reason and he said I need to return the items to the store! All I needed was a return form. What a mess.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I need to report a complaint regarding my $30.00 in Kohl's cash redeemable on September 24-30, 2018 for coupons earned September 13-23, 2018. I was in an automobile accident on Monday, September 17 last week and my car was towed to a body shop. I forgot to get my Kohl's cash slip out of my car when I remembered on Saturday, September 29 that I had to redeem it. I immediately called customer service to ask them to help me get a number off the slip I received and they were able to provide it to me from my purchase receipt BUT they overlooked telling me that I needed a Pin number as well.

When I arrived at the store with the number customer service provided me, I was at the cash register to check out with my things and the cashier told me they could not complete the transaction without the PIN. I was like, WHAT?? So I called again standing at the register customer service and they told me I had to have the PIN. At that point, I left the store WITHOUT my items as I didn't have the slip with the PIN number on it. I spent $161.00 to get this Kohl's cash. VERY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

It always needs to be plunged to be rid of solid waste. Absolutely the worst toilet I’ve ever used. Customer service points to everything But the toilet as the cause of the ongoing problems (Which are documented all over this page). $400 and I need to plunge the toilet EVERY TIME I DEFECATE. DON’T BUY ONE OF THESE.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I called because I’d like to either charge off my card or go on a hardship program due to their high 25.6 interest rate. The customer service representative asked how I could know of such a program, I responded that I’d been dealing with other credit card companies and they all do it. She said, "We only offer that to people who have had a card for 15-20 years" to which I responded, "Have y’all even been open that long?" Which I’m sure they haven’t. Horrible customer service, when I asked to speak to her supervisor she got off the phone for about 2 minutes and then sent me to a customer service survey to which I responded that all 1’s because they didn’t even try to take care of me. There was no option for me to get my situation resolved, they are the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I was approved in store for a Kohl's charge this summer and although I was approved I still paid cash. Got my first statement with the cash payment showing and a zero balance. Didn't actually charge anything on the card for 2 months. After using it I scheduled an early payment, in the middle of the month. I got my new statement that showed it counted that payment as the one due, and my amount due was $0.00 on the first. I thought great so I scheduled another payment for the middle of the month again a week before the first. They took it on the first!

It overdrew my account, and since I didn't know about it and it's pending it's cost $35 to stop payment. So now what? I called Kohl's just to hear sorry I shouldn't have scheduled a payment when nothing was due??? And that they can't refund it because it's after 5 pm central time-it's not, and that no I can't speak to anyone in the United States or a supervisor even! I closed my account, they'll be getting no more of my business. Too bad because I love Kohl's prices and fashion but whoever owns it now needs a crash course in customer service and technical support!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I have been trying to get a merchandise credit back for a online purchase I made back in July 2018. It has been over 2 and half months and I still have not received my full credit. Every person I speak to has to open a case number and each case number has not been resolved. Now they want me to purchase an item online and that is how I will receive my credit. I refuse to do this. I will never order online with them again and won't even shop in the store. They have really given poor customer service.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Made an online purchase at the store kiosk. After shopping around I found the same item but a size that fit better. Within a half an hour I called using the store's in-house phone to cancel my order. I was told by a representative that any changes would need to be done within a half an hour central time! I am on the east coast so he was off by one hour ahead. How is this a fair practice. I asked to speak with a supervisor but he said no one available. I would have to wait for the purchase to be shipped and return it to the store. Very unsatisfied with the customer service and their policy.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Within 1 minute after placing an online order, I tried to cancel it because I forgot to click "pick up in store" option. Now I am stuck with paying shipping. Ridiculous that I could not cancel my order. This happened to me one other time as well. I am so angry that they will not allow customers to cancel their order. I called the Kohl's number 855-564-5705 before 30 minutes of the order being placed had elapsed. NO HELP either. I will not use KOHL's Online ever again. I spend a lot of money at Kohl's and I am extremely upset with their absolutely ridiculous online policy for canceling orders timeline and lack of support for customers placing an order.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I bought a few pairs of pants and a pair of pajamas online. Before that, I carefully measured myself (based on their sizing chart) AND took the online quiz for sizing. When my order arrived, I tried them all on, and they were way too big. I was swimming in them. I was unable to return them to a store in person because the closest store is still too far from me. I did an online chat with customer service. I could tell the guy I chatted with did not have English as a first language. It was hard to understand some of what he wrote. However, he told me (and I confirmed, as I have the saved chat) that I would receive a shipping label to return the items by mail and would not be charged shipping. He said it would be sent to my email 24 to 48 hours.

A day later I received an email, but it was from someone else in customer service, telling me they were unable to issue me a label at this time (without telling me why), and told me I could return my item in store or via mail. I'm so mad! I felt it was their fault the items didn't fit because I went by their sizing guidelines and quiz. Even worse than that, though, was being lied to and told I would get a free return shipping label so I wouldn't be charged return shipping. This is the first and last time I will ever buy from Kohl's. If you're debating whether to buy from them, I would advise against it. As a side note, the pajamas I got were supposed to be for winter and help keep me warm. I bought flannel. The quality sucks! The PJs are super thin and not soft. Please buy your clothes elsewhere and save yourself the hassle!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I woke up this morning to my bank account being over-drafted due to Kohl's making an unauthorized payment on my charge account. I then called to see how that was possible, after 10 minutes of being on hold, the representative seemed to be having trouble finding how this happened, ultimately blamed me, saying that I was the one who initiated the payment through the app. That is absolutely not the case. I have every email I have been sent to verify when I have scheduled a payment and I do not have an email to confirm this payment was scheduled by me. I am beyond frustrated at the way they handled it and will be canceling my account once it is paid off.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I have spent HOURS trying to get a simple return label. When I get Dominican Republic or Mexico City or whatever, they say they "can't" transfer me to the US. (I found out this is a lie.) One is put on hold hours for a supervisor. Always "promised" a label in 48 hours that never comes. Finally one supervisor emailed me & asked for a photo of my items UPC label. I said, "I'm not unpacking it. Give me my money back or send a damn return label."

I got an email reply from BRYAN ** telling me to "use the SUPPLIED return label". REALLY? Such a genius! If I had a return label, why would I have asked for one over 10x! They need to fire Bryan ** who obviously can't read... & stop outsourcing. The Kohl's family would be appalled to know what happened to their beloved Kohl's department (& once grocery) stores I grew up shopping at, but will NEVER SHOP AT AGAIN! Even corporate offices didn't return my call from the vm I left. Save yourself the trouble. Shop elsewhere! Disappointed Milwaukee Native!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I ordered 2 pairs of different pants. First the order was delivered but I never got it. Their answer, "Go to post office to find it." They claimed it was delivered in my locked mailbox. I got my mailman who had been on vacation. He found it in the wrong mailbox. The quality was awful. I returned 1 pair and after I paid $8.95 shipping and $19.99 for pants they took off the discount I paid and only refunded me $16.95 with a great big SMILE. How nice!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I authorized an online Kohl's Customer Service representative to place an order for me. When I received the email confirmation a minute later, the order was incorrect. I immediately canceled the order (within 4 minutes of the agent placing it). I am not able to get a refund to my gift card which was used in part to pay for the order. First I am told it takes a day; then next day am told it takes 48 hours; then 48 hours later, told it takes 7-14 days!! I waited 22 minutes to be transferred to a supervisor, only to be transferred to voicemail! Never Again will I order from Kohl's, and I am willing to share this experience so that hopefully others will not order online from them either.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. HORRIBLE MANAGERS. HORRIBLE CORPORATION. They DO NOT care about their customers. They only care about making money. Thieves! Liars! Con artists! That’s what they are. What a scummy excuse for a business...

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Kohl's had me verify my new address MULTIPLE times down to the county (which is unusual) during a "BIG SALE." I never got a confirmation email for my order, but about a week letter I get a notice saying part of my order is delivered. I come home, nothing. There was a computer error, they sent my items to basically Timbuktu (a non-existent address in a completely different city and zip). I spent over 2 hours with customer service, they refused to send me to a supervisor, then finally I waited 45 minutes for supervisor who disconnected my call! Bullcrap. Filing a claim with BBB and my credit card company to get a refund. Total crap. Any other company would have said, "Our error, our bad." Not Kohl's. A waste of my life.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I recently ordered 2 bicycles from Kohls.com. The order was placed on hold to verify it was not a fraudulent purchase (I'm okay with that). The next day I called the number provided and the agent verified my identity and said she had released the order. Then she said I could go online and place the order again. I asked her why that was necessary if she released the order and she said, "never mind. I can do it." I confirmed the information with her and she said that was all that was needed and I hung up. Today I learned that she sent the order to the incorrect shipping address. When I called they asked if I could pick the order up from where it was delivered and take it to the correct address. Well- I am in California and the packages are in Michigan. So- NO.

They then said they could not help me and transferred me to someone who could. I had to tell this story again only to hear that my only option is to re-order and pay again and then have the initial order cancelled (no credit given until the items are received and logged in at the warehouse). So - NO. It appears I will have to send an UBER driver to retrieve my packages and deliver them for me. I am livid.

Note- I ordered Christmas gifts in 2017 for my grandchild to be shipped to California. The same issue occurred- An agent called me to verify the order and then SHE sent them to the incorrect address in Hawaii. When I found this out I had the same runaround and ended up placing the order again with an agent who entered an invalid zip code and they were lost in transit. I never was able to receive the package. They refunded the money but never refunded the Kohl's cash. I thought perhaps the first time was an anomaly but now that this has happened twice I will no longer be ordering from Kohls.com. Not worth the stress and aggravation when I can order from Target or Walmart and get the same products for less money with no issue.

I only chose Kohl's because of earning Kohl's Cash but this is going to be an expensive fix... figuring out how to move two bicycles from point A to point B from across the country is just too much. Also note- Kohl's consistently denies that the agents on the phone are causing the problem- they blame the warehouse who prints the labels. Honestly I don't really care who made the blunder. What matters to me is if Kohl's takes steps rectify issues when they occur and clearly they do not.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Ordered a quilt online. Very nice product. This issue: Kohl's sent the wrong size and the bag had been opened and the shams were missing. Not my mistake. I contacted returns and they asked me to reorder immediately while he was on the phone so he could return the shipping cost to get another quilt. The hassle began when he did not send a return shipping label for pick-up of Queen quilt. It's been 3 1/2 weeks and I still don't have my king quilt, they have $150.00. And the box still sits in my garage. So I can't get them to send a return to me so I can do the right thing and get their Queen quilt back to them. I refuse to pay their shipping to return their mistake.

I have been lied to by 5 different associates, saying they will make this priority and get the refund for me and get the shipping label sent to me. BE AWARE: this is not NO HASSLE returns. Many other companies send a printed label over email. Stick it on the box, UPS picks it up. you're all set. REPEAT. This was not my error. It was KOHL"S. And there is no recourse. I even called a store, 60 miles away and asked if they could help. The associate said she couldn't help. But at least she was upfront with me. She said don't send the box back until you see a refund. If I do see the refund, she'd help me get some shams. So see, it's the Kohl's online system. Buyer beware. I will not shop any of KOHL's affiliates again. And where is the review of the product or your experience when you are ordering? Notice it's missing? Just hope you get what you wanted when that package arrives, otherwise, be ready for TOTAL HASSLE returns.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I have shopped Kohl’s for many years, about 10 years in fact. Clothes, shoes, Jewelry, small appliances etc. but in August 2018 I ordered a chaise lounge chair. My current chair is severely broke and I’m suffering painful hip dysplasia. I was in desperate need of a new chair. And when it arrived (Wed) September 5th, it was low quality construction and the bolts do not fit! I could not put the chair together and there was damage to the structure. Basically it is a huge Piece of crap. I called them to start the return pick up process. Was told 48 hours. Box is 6 foot x 4 foot size of refrigerator. Blocking my entry, bathroom and kitchen. I am partially disabled, so 48 hours is too long to wait for me. But, I wait. (Fri) Nothing! Then I called Fri, Sat & Mon... everyday I call Kohl’s.com. I get nothing but the same old lip service, “we will pick it up ASAP will expedite, put a rush on it”, "I’m sorry this is unacceptable..." "I’m doing everything I can... blah blah blah.

But they have not even sent the initial incident report reference email. NOTHING! So basically we are at a stand still. A week later September 11th, still blocking my bathroom and entryway! I have not showered in a week! I call them screaming crying for them to pick up this giant box of crap chair and get it out of my way. He tells me over and over to be patient! I’m dirty and angry and in desperate need of shower and can’t get to my appointments at Veteran's Hospital 'cause I can’t get out the door. A 6x4 foot box is blocking my way out. Hope there is no fire. I’ll be dead before Kohl’s gets this giant box from me! They could have mailed me a return label and the delivery company could have picked up Long before now! Kohl’s does not care!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I ordered a wedding gift off the gift registry for my coworker. I specifically put my address as the ship to and bill to address. On Saturday it got delivered to my coworker's house. It was for a surprise shower! I was furious!!! I called their customer service and got transferred several times then was told the system automatically defaults to the registree's address. It would have been nice to know that ahead of time. I wrote an email to their corporate office and basically they told me sorry not our problem. I feel I should receive some sort of compensation because of their mistake! They just don't care!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I went into Kohl's in Rochester, NY to return a duplicate picture frame ($39.99 original price, on sale for $19.99) as was a gift had no receipt, was told I would get $3 back, then would go back on the shelf at sale price. I feel this is a very unfair practice. I could see if they were not carrying this any longer, but... I've been a long time Kohl's shopper, who will be not doing as much any longer.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I have been a loyal Kohl's customer for several years. I have a great payment history and have paid my entire balance off each month I made charges. This month there was an oversight and as I attempted to purchase items with a customer representative, I was told I had a balance of $8.19 and could not charge anything additional. I was shocked. I made a payment the previous month, but failed to pay 8.19, so I cannot charge anything. I have worked extremely hard to ensure I maintain good standing to prevent this kind of treatment. I was treated like a customer who was over his/her limit and inconsistently paid their bill. An executive contacted me, and apologized for the way I was treated, but not go above and beyond to keep me as a customer. I have paid my last payment to Kohl's. I will not be shopping there anymore and will close my account.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Don't know if this is a new policy but I have never encountered it before. Kohl's excludes virtually everything except the Croft and Barrow crap from their discounts. So you don't waste your time in going, read the fine print to see that just about everything is excluded. Done with Kohl's.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I was a loyal customer for many, many years until now... Kohl's gave FedEx and USPS my wrong address which was not the one showing in the original order. My town has two streets with the same name except for one is a Dr and the other is a Ln. My address is a Dr, but somehow (although the original order I placed online had the correct address) my package address was changed at Kohl's before it made it to the shipping companies.

Kohl's confirmed that my address on record is and was correct at the time of purchase, but they do not know why the two shipping companies claims that Kohl's gave them the wrong address. Kohl's will not take any responsibility for their error nor tried to fix it. They told me that if USPS is not able to recover the package from the wrong address, they would not be able to resend me the order without charging me again, nor refund me for THEIR MISTAKE. I AM SO DONE WITH KOHL'S.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

After I changed my address online and purchased online, Kohl's shipped to my old out-of-state address. This was entirely their fault and after keeping me on hold excessively, the best offer they could make was to re-ship to my correct address and charge me twice for both the merchandise and the shipping. Since they used FedEx for the shipment, it is unlikely to be forwarded to me. So, thanks to Kohl's, I'm left with a credit card dispute and no merchandise.

Kohl's Company Information