Kohl's

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I tried to use a $12 REWARD card yesterday and it was turned down at the register. I tried several times, then left the merchandise there. When I got home I called the number again and it said I had $12 on the card. I went back to the store today to use it, and it said there was $0.00 on the card, so I left the merchandise again. I called several numbers, listened to computer generated voices, then finally got a human. They gave me the OTHER number. I called them, and it said I had to call the first number! I was back and forth with calls, but no help. I talked to several workers and they said the card was used at a boutique in CA. I looked up their website and it was for young teens. I am senior citizen. I did not use it.

I thought someone could just re-issue the $12, but no one would do that. I tried the lost or stolen site and it didn't take my information. I have spent 2 full days, 2 trips to town to the Kohls, and numerous hours on the phone with NO help. Everyone keeps passing me to other numbers, but no help. I'm just going to give up, which is what Kohls probably wanted in the first place since they now have my $12 and didn't have to give me my merchandise.

I absolutely cannot believe how long it has taken me to return two pieces of defective wall art to Kohl's. Just got off the phone with my leasing office for the ninth time because UPS won't pick up the packages because Kohls.com hasn't sent the shipping label. This is after two months worth of phone calls to Kohl's requesting the labels, every single time they tell me that the labels have been sent to UPS. If I ship them back another way, they will charge me. I cannot believe the lack of brain cells that the Kohl's employees I have spoken with have.

I wanted ONE piece of wall art -- it came broken. I ordered it in late December. I attempted to ship it back and it's STILL sitting in my leasing office. The replacement I ordered came broken in the EXACT same way. Now that one, as well, is just sitting there, waiting to be picked up. What do I do? Ship it myself and pay? Yeah right. Call Kohls.com and ask them to create the UPS return label? I'VE DONE THAT 13 YES 13 TIMES!!! Holy **. I cannot believe how ludicrous this is... DO NOT ORDER FROM KOHLS.COM.

I have had two problems recently. Just like a previous reviewer, I had an extremely aggressive sales clerk who did not even ask if I wanted a credit card. After he rang me up, he shoved the application and pen at me. I asked if it was a credit card application and he said yes. I told him I did not want that. He said to go ahead and get the credit card, and just pay it off all at once. I couldn't believe it.

My second problem is that this week I had two different reps at their call center tell me two completely different things about the status of my online order. My order status said the package could not be delivered. So the first rep said she had it "intercepted" and it would be redelivered. She confirmed that it was definitely NOT going back to Kohl's, and I would get the order. When nothing changed on the status, the next day I called and the 2nd rep said it WAS going back to Kohl's. What's worse, she said there was no record of what the previous rep said about intercepting the order, and all that showed on my order was a "note" saying that I had called about it.

I just spent an hour on the phone with Kohl's. There was a charge on my card that I never made. I was transferred a number of times, repeating the same info all the way, hung up on due to bad connections, constantly asked to repeat my account number, only to be placed on hold so as to repeat my account number for the next gal -- who I couldn't understand. I was given another number to call whereupon I had to answer survey ?'s -- tons of them, before I could speak to a real person. This, compounded by their horrific online return policy, is why my Kohl's card lies in a heap of cut up slices. You do not deserve my business any longer. Goodbye Kohl's.

Fraudulent use of Kohl's Cash - I placed an order using $15 Kohl's cash on 1/22. I was informed an hour later that my item was sold out and the order was canceled. I was issued a new $15 Kohl's cash, but when I checked the value on the 29th, it was 0. I did an online chat and they say it was used. I had no record of using it, so made a complaint to Kohl's and they say it was used at their North Chesterfield store. I have never been there, I am in California and I think that store must be in Virginia.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

I ordered a memorial necklace for my daughter-in-law as a Christmas gift, because her mother had just died. It was supposed to arrive three days before Christmas, and it never did. I called Kohls.com customer service so many times I lost track. I could barely understand their service representatives (with their heavy accents) and they all told me, "Don't worry - it'll probably show up eventually". I didn't have any gift to give my daughter-in-law for Christmas, which was humiliating. After Christmas I spoke to someone at Kohls.com who promised me a refund. I'm still waiting on that refund. I will never buy anything from Kohl's again.

Over 1 1/2 years ago, I ordered a dress from Kohl's online and to date they are still harassing me for to pay for an item I returned. I would recommend no one do business with Kohl's since their bookkeeping and return business is very poor. Clearly Kohl's is not customer service oriented.

I used the Kohl's online bill pay to pay off the Kohl's charge on time and in full. Got a confirmation screen. Nothing ever got submitted to my bank. Got stuck with a late fee and interest. Kohl's customer service will only try to get you to pay the bill, no help. Beware, their site doesn't work and they hope you won't catch their mistake in time so that you get extra fees tacked on. Pay only in person in a store where you get a physical receipt, and avoid shopping at Kohl's. Their sale prices aren't really a sale price when you consider the hidden fees and possible ding on your credit score.

October 11th 2016 I placed an order with Kohl's over the phone with a "sugar sweet" agent using my Kohl's cash. After a few minutes I received an email saying it was cancelled. I called their 800 number again and placed the same order again with another "honey sweet" agent. While trying to place the second order the agent told me she cannot use the Kohl's cash I used for the previous order which was immediately cancelled as it has not been returned back and it may take up to 48 hours for it to be returned. I could use only $112 out of the $900 I had in Kohl's cash. The second order went thru shipped and delivered but from that day till today my Kohl's cash of $787 was never returned to me.

I kept calling Kohl's 800 number but every time I was told that this is not the right concerned department and I was transferred to all kinds of departments among which none had the authority to issue my credit back to me. I was asked to file a complaint online which I did and after a few refuels I got an email saying "The credit is approved and has been mailed out to you" and I will receive it within 30 days. Nothing ever arrived. In one email they are saying the credit will be issued in email and other email saying credit will be sent in mail. I really don't want to think this way but it is forcing me to think that it was a corporate level fraud, they try not to send customer's credits. Please also note here that according to the emails Kohl's team has completed their investigation and approved my credit.

Here are some reference numbers I want to provide which are of the conversations I had with various customer service associates at different times who kept rolling me to other departments and finally after 3-4 hours of staying on the phone with them the line gets disconnected. ** 3rd November 2016 **. From October till January (3 months) I kept emailing and calling Kohl's asking about my money but every agent had his own story. I had no choice but to believe each of them, spent hours each time without any result. I felt like begging for my own money from a bunch of frauds. Among the many conversations I had with their 800 number team one of the incident happened on 9th January 2017 the agent told me that since we are 2 days short of the 30 day time period I should have received my credit so if I call in 2 days he will be able to issue me credit over the phone.

Again I had no choice but to believe him and after more than 2 days when I called Kohl's 800 number the agent I was transferred to told me that this previous agent didn't know anything about the system and there is no way I can be issued credit over the phone and now the new story is blah blah blah. I spent a few hours again being thrown to one department and the other and finally I had to hang up as I had other things to do too. NO SOLUTION STILL. 16th January 2017 I gathered some courage and called again and this time employee # ** (later I was told by another agent that this number is not correct) told me he can help me place an order over the phone with the $787 and this way we will get rid of this problem and I will get some stuff from my long lost credit. I cannot describe the level of my happiness here. Together we placed order # **.

Additionally he told me he is making sure everything is ok and there is no chance anything wrong happens to this order, it will go thru etc etc. Also I asked him to add a note to my case that in case this order fails Kohl's still owes me $787 and the incident I have filed should not be considered closed. He read the note to me and I thought finally I found my angel now. Reference # **. After a few hours I received an email saying "SORRY WE COULDN'T COMPLETE ORDER". There were tears in my eyes now.

Although things seemed very dark I still gathered some more courage and called Kohl's after one day 18th January. With all sorts of apologies this agent said, "I can help you reorder," and we did it and this time he said, "I have contacted the fraud department and blah department and blah department and everything is clear so no worries, it will go thru." Reference # ** order # ** was placed and immediately got an email "SORRY WE COULDN'T COMPLETE ORDER". I was baffled, still didn't give up. Called again and was sent to fraud department, they clearly told me that even if they will try placing an order worth $1 it will be cancelled, they didn't tell me the reason why. Upon my begging and inquiring the lady agent transferred me to another department without any reason (probably just to get me off her head) and then from this department to that department.

I had to explain my story at least 15 times to all sorts of people till I was handed over to a lady in front of whom I started crying like a baby. Probably she got sympathetic and connected me to her supervisor who instantly gave me his name and personal extension number and told me he is connecting me to the "RELEVANT" department who will definitely take care of me and meanwhile if I ever have any problems I can use any Kohl's 800 or non 800 numbers and request for this extension to talk to him. The name he told me was Reed and extension **. I was then rolled to another department who again asked me all my information, incident story, apologized and put me on hold to investigate the already investigated incident. Anyways, as I said before, did I have another choice?? No.

Now there was another twist in the story, the lady associate said, "Since this is a lot of money we are doubting if how you earned this much Kohl's cash." I must provide the receipt of the items I bought which made me earn this money. I was totally disgusted, instead of easing a customer whom your company has been torturing for months you guys are suspecting as fraud and making me do another exercise to prove I did not forge this Kohl's cash??? Again had I any choice? No. I started looking all over my house for those receipts which sadly I couldn't find. Meanwhile she decided she was not the "RELEVANT" department and now she had to roll me to corporate which according to her was the supreme authority to issue my million dollars credit. I said, "Ok."

I don't know what was that relevant department as I was rolled to a computer machine saying press 1 if you want to speak to an operator (after I pressed 1 several times the same recording continued) enter the extension if you have (when I entered the extension of Mr Reed the machine said it is incorrect!!!). After about 10 minutes of this pressing game I had no choice but to hang up and try my luck from all over again. I went online and figured out the phone number of their corporate department and called them. Tried to put Mr Reed's extension but no luck, eventually ended up with the most ill-informed lady agent I have had encountered. After asking my information for the 20th time this one day 18th January, she went thru my case and somehow found a note saying the decision has been made today at 2:39 pm by Anthony ** and my credit has been mailed to me.

Now this seemed to be a big joke. If the decision was made at 2:39 why none of the agents saw it in notes whom I spoke to after 2:39 pm. How would I have trusted this. And even if I had trusted her what is the guarantee the money will actually be received? As this promise and decision was made earlier in November too. I asked her to give me something at least to keep a record of this decision. She said she has no authority to send me any email but she will ask the department who made his decision to send me an email (No email was ever received). Name of this lady was Martika **. This conversation ended 5:27 pm. As I insisted I want some evidence right now she decided to throw me off her head and transferred me to the "RELEVANT" Department.

This department asked me my information for 22nd time and started their investigation, meanwhile after about half hour of this the call went to another agent by itself who could not hear me and kept saying if he does not hear me in the next 30 seconds he has to drop the call. Drop the call, drop the call and it was hung up. By this time it was evening and I had to feed dinner to my kids and I had to give a pause to this calling game. Can I get some actual help? Can someone be fair to me and give my money back to me?? Awaiting easy justice.

It was very disappointing when I went to return Haggar pants without receipt and people told that this is not from their store. When I showed similar pants twice to them they refused again to return it. It was horrible experience because I am literally drained out just to return Haggar pants which I bought for my father. What a waste of time, money and energy.

Within the last 4 or 5 years I've had two negative hits from Kohl’s in my credit score. They keep switching my account from paper to paperless when I only spend 2 months of the year in land. The people taking care of my bills don’t see a bill so they do not pay it. The last time a couple of months ago I answered my phone and they told me I was late. I went to explain them AGAIN what happened and I was told not to worry if I pay right then. I did and 2 months later they hit on my score again. All I want is for them to play the recorded conversation and listen. 20 years of perfect credit ruined for $15. Look at my account. It's always pay in full as soon as I get the bill. Beware shoppers. I cancelled my account and I'm not stepping there again ever.

On October 23rd of 2016, I placed an order of 3 sandals and 3 toothbrushes using the gift card plus a 40% off coupon I got through email. My order was canceled the next day without refund. I called the customer service and was told to be refunded via mail within two weeks. After two weeks there was nothing in my mailbox so I called the customer again. Customer service told me he/she requested another gift card through mail. Similar story happened at least eight times. Until January of 2017, I called the customer service and this time the agent on the other side talked to the verification department for a while and told me your case was resolved, credit will be reversed to me.

The next day I found my gift card was canceled with the remaining balance cleared, with the total amount nearly 500 dollars. I called the customer service Andy. This time I was "fortunate" enough to be able to talk to someone in the fraud department. He told me placing an order with three gift cards of 3 sandals and 3 toothbrushes is very dubious so the fraud department thought it was a fraud transaction, so they decide to cancel my gift card. Why those hypocrites did not tell me at the very beginning to explain their decisions? Staples, Best Buy, Office Depot, Target, Walmart, Amazon never did that to their customers. I am quite sure even though merchants reserve the right to clear all member points that was considered against the rule, but I have never heard of any merchant cancel customer's gift cards.

Kohl's will make lots of money by merely cancel their customers' gift cards without any explanation. Once you are "fortunate" and "honorable" enough to be offered a chance talking to one of those bastards in so called fraud department you will be given an explanation. Do not make any online orders, be aware that your gift cards might be canceled to enrich their pockets.

Before I ordered my Ninja Coffee system I called to speak to a representative as I got burned last year when I ordered something and it arrived broken. When I went to return it they would no longer honor the sales price for an exchange. Not a different purchase. How do they get away with being thieves? I will tell you. I called after I got screwed again. I have the entire conversation in print with the rep when I called and said that is not what I got. They offered to let me return it. Sound familiar. Same as last year. They offer unbeatable prices but you are not going to get what you ordered.

When I told the representative what happened in the past and that I would voice it online she told me she could no longer speak to me if I went online and complained. Sounds like a bit of extortion to me. They will not help you if you complain against them so they lie to you, cheat you and if you say something they won't help you. I'm going to the CFPB next! THIEVES! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. You will not get what you ordered no matter how much you try. Spend dollars more and go to Bed Bath & Beyond.

In 2014 your employees allowed someone to cash 3 fake traveler's checks. They had no ID and there is a 800 on the checks stating you must call for authentication before cashing yet this person was able to enter the store 3 times and walk away with cash. My name was not printed on these checks but because this person signed my name to the back of one of them I was subsequently charged with 3 felonies. It took me an entire year to clear my name and prove my innocence. I'm out 5k in lawyers fees and all because you hire criminals and do not hold them accountable for their actions. These people still have their jobs til this day. My life was damn near ruined and you could care less about the actions of your employees. I was never compensated for what I was put through. Your company never even offered an apology.

Be aware; simply starting the process to attain a $500 Gift Card will result in the immediate release of your email contact information to a number of marketing outlets making you Mister Popular on the phishing junk email circuit! I did not complete the entire process due to mandatory subscriptions/purchases for entry access, deleted what I could, even going as far as ensuring box was blank where it's asked about receiving newsletters, updates, and such - then closed the window. Within minutes of this I began receiving junk mail: banks, insurance, credit card, loans, prizes, games, just plain crap. To the tune of over 80 each day for the next 3 days before what I'm hoping is now under control. Still I went from a fairly secure internet interface, maybe 3 or 4 scam mails per week, to close to 500 during what I've since been referring to as KOHL'S SPECIAL GIFT WEEK. Consider yourself forewarned.

I visited Kohl's and purchased a down duvet and two down pillows. The woman rang me up and asked me if I wanted a Kohl's card, she mentioned that I'd save another $50 on my purchase. After contemplating for a couple seconds I said, "No thank you, it's very tempting but I can't get a credit card right now." The woman then said that I could cancel it in a month, or never use it. I won't lie, I was tempted, but said NO at least five times. She wouldn't give up and I was running out of defense, so I told her that I was recovering from filing bankruptcy in 2015. It was important to me and my family that I make the right decisions. She said, "Well you could just sign up and see what happens." I was floored by this response! What happened to compassion, Respect? I felt broken down by this woman, she was pushy, ruthless, disrespectful. I am genuinely upset by the experience, and I will not return. I understand that getting quota is important but to what cost of others?

Kohl's keeps changing their return policies to benefit them in every situation! Tell me how fair this is...I received a pair of shoes as a gift, I took them to exchange
*****
Review posted here: https://www.facebook.com/kohls/posts/10154919311376248
*****

it for some shoes that were more suitable for me to wear. I did not have a receipt because the person that bought them paid cash and could not find the receipt. The shoes were still in the box and had a 59.99 sticker on them. I was told that because they rang up at a clearance price of 17.99 that I would have to find a pair with an original sticker of 59.99 with a 17.99 clearance price. That is like trying to find a needle in a haystack! Of course I could not find any shoes with those stipulations so I asked for the return of 17.99 on a gift card but then was told I could only have 5.99 back! I mean really if Kohl's only gives me 5.99 back are they seriously going to put those shoes on the shelf for 5.99? No they will sale them for 17.99. Seriously so fed up with Kohl's ready to cancel my own card and stop shopping there!!

I bought items and was told I could have a 40% discount if I got a credit card. Usually I say no to store cards because I almost always regret it later, but I said what the heck because my cousin was with me and encouraged me to get the discount. It was NOT worth it. Now I have a ding on my credit report and I closed the account because I was really angry at them. I have a very sick husband and we had to go 1300 miles away for treatment. I got the Kohl's card but had not activated it before I left. I gave the clerk a credit card (not a debit card) and assumed the purchase would be charged to that. The clerk NEVER told me it would be charged to the NEW card. I had no idea to even expect that. I paid my other credit cards using my phone while I was away for 2 months, but had no idea I owed the other one any money. Their calls to my home never got through to me as I was not there.

When I got back I saw they dinged my credit report. I was furious and called and paid the stupid $110 bill and canceled the card (without EVER having activated it). Their customer service said all stores do that when you open a charge. I opened a charge while away at another store similar to Kohl's and they did NOT do that. They charged it to my existing card and said they would send me the new card, which is what I expect.

I was a Kohl's customer from the start, but I will never step foot into one of their stores again. They would not fix my credit report and basically blame me and said they did everything right, but they didn't. Their clerk should have told me it was being charged to the NEW card, not the other (existing) credit card I gave her, so I would have expected a bill and I could have had my son pay it while I was away. I am DONE with Kohl's. Never again. There are plenty of better places I can shop. The way they treat their customers I am surprised they stay in business.

I was interested in purchasing a pair of Levi's which from the internet I saw were on sale. I went into the store and and was informed they were out and we could buy them at the kiosk. Went through the whole order at the kiosk and at the end it did not accept the order. Then I went to the store to return an item and was told I could get the amount of the item only the lowest price it was on sale for in the history of the item. On top of that no cash back only a card and had to spend it there at the store. I then tried to go to the Kiosk to order some Levi's and one kiosk was broken and the other was being held hostage by a customer. So one of the workers said I could order them on the customer service phone line at the store.

I called and they could find the 501 original shrink to fit Levi's. There is only one of these that Levi's makes. I asked for a customer service manager and the lower level customer service representative did not want to transfer me. I finally called back and after arguing with them got another Manager who didn't know Levi's either. By their accents they are a out of country phone customer service. Bad!! Needless to say I will never shop at Kohl's again and will post this on Facebook as well. I wish I didn't even have to give them one star!!!

I have several complaints from the last two months. First, I ordered a pearl necklace from Kohls.com. This was a gift, and when it was removed from the plastic bag in which it was shipped, all of the pearls fell in the floor. I called Kohl's because none of the local stores had it in stock. They told me that I would need to purchase a new one online and then I could return the other one to my local store. That sounded great except I had earned $10 Kohl's cash on my previous purchase so my "refund" was to be reduced by that amount even though this was not really a return but rather an exchange of defective merchandise.

I had another issue with Kohl's cash as well. I had purchased $76 worth of items and I received $10 Kohl's cash which I redeemed later. I later decided to return a $15 item from the original order. Kohl's deducted $10 from my return and was offering me $5 back. I tried to explain that I shouldn't lose my Kohl's cash because my order that I kept was still above $50 but it was like I was speaking another language. Funny how Kohl's gave me no Kohl's cash for the $26 that exceeded the $50 threshold but still somehow felt justified in penalizing me for it. This also happens on items that you just need to exchange the sizes which should never happen. I understand if someone returns their items for cash, but not for exchanges. Kohl's cash could be a great incentive program for customers but instead the way that it is handled is making customers furious.

I sent a payment in to my Kohl's credit card account and was very careful to make sure that it had the correct account number written on my check. Still, Kohl's applied the balance to another family member's account. When I pointed out their error, the customer service staff were incredibly rude and refused to take off the charges that had accrued on my account as a result of their error. Frankly, I think this should be against the law if it isn't. Do not get a credit card account with Kohl's!

For Christmas my wife purchased a $100.00 gift card using our Kohl's credit card for me (husband). I do not want to go another $100.00 in consumer debt. I tried to return the card and have the $100.00 credited back to my Kohl's account. Kohl's policy is now I own a $100.00 gift card and now $100.00 further in debt. We thought maybe let's buy some sheets for our king size bed, bad idea they were $99.99 to use up the gift card. Bad idea, I checked online with Amazon, the same sheets were $64.99 delivered. Looks like I am stuck with this gift card. I can understand if it was a gift from someone else but this is my account it was purchased with. I am closing my Kohl's account and will never do business with Kohl's again and will go out of my way to discourage anyone from shopping at Kohl's.

I ordered a fairly expensive hoverboard for Christmas for my 11 year old son. It was delivered to our back door in its original packaging & appeared to be new. I hid it & then wrapped it on Christmas Eve. The box stayed in a closet at our home, untouched by anyone in my household (my son was out of town the week before Christmas anyway). On Christmas morning, he opened the hoverboard and was really excited until we noticed scratches all over it. The plastic on the bottom was ground down as though a 250 pound person rode it in a parking lot every day for a year. There was grass in the label. I was mortified.

I have NEVER paid full price for a completely second hand item. I was instructed to return it to my local Kohl's, which I did. It could take a few days for the money to be returned to my account. So, now, on the day after Christmas, my son doesn't have a hoverboard & I don't have the money to go buy him a new one. I was wrong for trusting Kohl's & will never do so again. We have been cheated & all we get back is our money... But not right now... It's gonna be a while. Screw you Kohl's.

I got married and received many items at our wedding, we actually received a few duplicate gifts like a juicer from Kohl's that was $329. So of course we didn't want to ask our friends for the receipt so when we went to return it for store credit and get what we wanted. We were told that because of the amount of the item that they could not issue us merchandise credit in store and that it would have to be issued from the corporate office (I guess because of loss prevention measures, which I understand). So we had to give them a picture ID and our address for the return and 2 weeks later we received an envelope from the corporate office and inside was a gift card (merchandise credit) for $358.04 ($329.99 plus tax of $28.05) so now we were able to get what we wanted.

So after receiving the merchandise credit for $358.04, my wife went on a little shopping spree and got many things for our house. So after her shopping spree she decided that instead of keeping the other $329.99 juicer she would rather have the store credit so we took the juicer and a few other items back - the juicer $329.99, Calphalon 11-piece ceramic cookware set $349.99 and a toaster over $59.99. At first we looked for something in store that we could do an exact price exchange for like a Samsonite suitcase that was $349.99 (not many items in Kohl's that are $349.99) but we were about to go on our delayed honeymoon so we thought we would just exchange it for the suitcase that we saw online.

But they didn't have it in the particular store we were at in Raleigh, NC so we went ahead and returned the other items - the juicer and toaster oven (which we knew they would have to mail us the merchandise credit) and decided to hold on to the Calphalon set to go exchange it for the Samsonite luggage at another Kohl's in Raleigh which was only 8 miles away from the Kohl's we were at. (There are 9 Kohl's in a 30 mile radius in Raleigh.) So when we arrived at the other Kohl's they did not have the Samsonite either so we searched around for something in Kohl's that was exactly $349.99 (because of their policy) and since we couldn't find a item priced at $349.99 that we wanted we decided it would be easier to just return it and get the merchandise credit and order it online.

So to recap, we just returned 2 items at one store and went to another to see if they had the luggage we wanted (due to the fact that you have to do an even exchange and can't pay extra or exchange for more than 1 item). So if it wasn't for us trying to find the luggage at another store close by we would have returned all 3 at the one store. So we received the 2 merchandise credits from the first return in the mail and they gave us 1 card for $358.04 ($329.99 plus tax of $28.05) and the 2nd card for $65.09 ($59.99 plus tax $5.10). Now we thought the other card for $379.74 ($349.99 plus tax $29.75) would arrive the same day since we returned it the same day as the other two, but it didn't.

So 2 weeks pass and still no card and in this time frame, my boss invites us to his daughter's graduation party and for a graduation gift I thought it would be nice to give her one of the Kohl's gift cards we received. And to make an impression we gave her the big one of the two, the $358.04 one. (That way it didn't look weird giving her one for $65.04, lol!) If it was for $358.04 they would just be blown away at the amount vs. saying, "$64.05? That's a weird number." But here's where the story gets bad. I come to work one day (about a 4 days after my boss' daughter's graduation party) and my boss says to me, "Hey buddy, just wanted to say thanks again for giving my daughter that huge gift card, that was very generous of you and you really didn't have to do that." And I said, "It was our pleasure, I remember getting ready for my first year of college and it can be quite expense just buying things for your dorm room or apartment."

And he says, "It sure can! But hey, my daughter went to Kohl's and tried to use the card and the lady at the register said that she needed to call the 1-800 number and that there was a problem with the card. So my daughter called and they told her that there was a freeze on the card and that they needed to talk to me" and I told him that I was very sorry and that I would get to the bottom of this. First off, I can't begin to explain how embarrassing that was and second I was now very upset especially since I still had not received our other card.

So when I called I got questioned about why I had so many returns in a short period of time with no receipt and I told them it was because I just got married and didn't have the receipts and did not want to call my friends and family to ask for them. And they asked me why and that it wouldn't be embarrassing for them and then they asked why I had returned 2 items at one store and then made another return 2 hours later at another store. And I explained to them that they had a terrible policy of having to exchange the item for something else in the store of the exact same price and not a penny higher or penny lower and that I was trying to exchange for a Samsonite piece of luggage and they didn't have it at the one store and that hopefully they had it at the other Kohl's 8 miles away and when they didn't, I just opted to return it and get the store credit instead.

But they weren't buying my story and just kept grilling me as if I was some kind of thief. So then they informed me that if I didn't come up with the receipts that they were not going to reactivate the cards and even better that they were not going to send me my items back. So this got me very upset and in the meantime I went to Kohl's and bought a $400 gift card to give to my boss' daughter to save myself the embarrassment, but now I went from giving her a gift that cost me nothing to spending $400 of my own money. Now I had to call my friends and family and ask if they could send me the receipts for the items I had returned (embarrassment Number 2). So one of my friends sent me the receipt for the item (which I felt bad for returning his gift and also felt bad for creating work for him of having him mail me the receipt since he lives in another state).

Now here goes the good part, my friend who bought me the juicer, when I asked him if he could send me the receipt for the juicer he bought me from Kohl's he told me that he didn't buy it from Kohl's and that he found the same exact juicer they sold at Kohl's (same brand, model, etc. - identical) 25% cheaper online and that he could email me the receipt. So when I called Kohl's back up and told them that I had one of the receipts and that the other juicer wasn't even bought from their store and sent them the receipt and link of where my friend purchased it. So I told them that I would like my merchandise credit for the one and for them to send my other juicer back so I could return it back to the online store of where it was purchased and where I had a receipt to.

And this is the greatest part of the story, they told me that if I could not produce a receipt of where it was purchased from Kohl's that they were not going to send it back. And we argued back and forth and the end result was they deactivated my 2 merchandise credits they sent me and never sent the third one and kept all 3 of my items (the juicer $329.99, Calphalon 11-piece ceramic cookware set $349.99 and a toaster over $59.99). They basically stole the items from me after grilling me and me having a answer for all of their tough questions (and answers that made a ton of sense and making them realize they have a flaw in their system). But I can't tell you the hell they put me through, from the embarrassment and humiliation they caused me, calling me a thief (when I have a job as a financial advisor), costing me money ($400 I had to cover for my boss' daughter) and to top it all off they stole 3 of my wedding gifts.

So Kohl's return policy of high priced items or when you have over $300 dollars in returns with no receipt is a horribly structured policy. I understand that there are some people out there that these policy were made for, but me proving to them that I was just married and them not accepting the fact that people get gifts and that a red flag popped up on me when I made a return at another store 8 miles away and because of their exact price exchange policy that I went to the other store to see if they had a specific item or more items (because the 2nd store I went to was bigger than the 1st - one story building vs. 2 story building in a bigger/busier part of town) I just want my items back and can not believe that they can get away with not having to send the item back to the person.

I called Kohl's today because according to FedEx the item was delivered, but I did not get it. FIRST I did call FedEx and they said I had to call Kohl's. The man I spoke to had the nerve to tell me the following: maybe my husband was hiding it, I should open my eyes and go outside and look on the porch, maybe the driver hid it somewhere, I should walk around my neighborhood and see for I can find it. He even said to call the post office, why would I do that if it was sent via FedEx. I said that this is not how Kohl's treats its customers and he said well it is. So I paid for something I don't have and won't get and they will not do anything about it. The nerve of them to treat me that way! I did call back again and did a live chat and basically got the same thing, they don't care and aren't doing anything about it.

I purchased a vacuum listed at $299.00 on the website via online/phone purchase. I was promised a 30% discount using promo TURKEY30. I was also promised an additional 15% discount for being a veteran and using promo VETERAN. When I received my statement I was not given the veteran's discount. I was charged a higher tax rate than our address. The difference paid and the promise given was an additional $57.86. Kohl's has since said they are not honoring my veteran's discount and could care less and I will pay a higher tax rate and an interest rate of $1.99 if I didn't pay up immediately.

Kohl's charges for each pair of panties, even though they are bundled in packages of 3 or 5 etc. I wrote company complaining a 2 page letter, they did nothing. I wrote Better Business, they again did nothing. I have never seen a store charge for each pair of panties or socks that come in bundles. What a scam. It does not feel like Kohl's cares about customers' concerns at all. Very unhappy.

Ordered from Kohl's the morning of 12/15/16. Said would be delivered between 12/20 & 12/22. Sent me email confirming shipment on 12/18. After a few days I checked UPS tracking info: shipping label not even created until 10:30PM on 12/19. Worst part is it's 12/21, order not yet shipped and no explanation as to why. Call customer service. Speak with Miss Congeniality Pakistan. To make a long story short, she finally tells me my order has been cancelled. Great. I go online and find same gift cheaper elsewhere and order it to arrive after Christmas. Next day UPS delivers 1/2 of order from Kohl's (the order that had not been yet shipped).

Now I have to return at my expense after speaking with USA customer service (which I had to request special access to from Rasheed **). This whole debacle could have been avoided by not exposing me to 3rd world customer service who doesn't know what they're doing and further more doesn't care. I thought I was being smart by ordering this gift from Kohl's. I thought they would be a reliable source. I could not have been more wrong. I will never order anything from Kohl's again.

I ordered a ring from Kohl's on Nov. 23. My tracking information showed that it would be delivered to me on Dec. 2. On Dec. 2, when I did not receive the package, I checked the tracking info again. It showed in tracking that a label had been created, but it appeared the package had never left Kohl's shipping department. I immediately got online and did the live chat session. I asked the attendant why was the package still sitting there when it was due to arrive to me that day. She looked into it and told me that my order had been canceled for some unknown reason by Kohl's. I was really upset that they had canceled my ordered, but the payment was deducted from my banking account. But, at that time I did still have time to get the ring if they would fix this error.

The attendant told me that they would have to issue a refund for the order and that I would need to place another order for the ring. She then explained that it would take 7 days to receive the refund. I started to panic, knowing that would put me around Dec. 9, being able to place the order again. She advised me to speak with a customer service agent and gave me the number. I did call and talk to an agent. Absolutely no help at all. And honestly, somewhat abrupt to my situation. He told to just place another order (which I would have to pay for the item again) and I would get my original $823.00 credited back to my account in the 7 days. Thank God I did not!!! Because it is Dec. 22 and I have yet to receive my money back... I have done numerous chat sessions and each time the attendant would look into it and tell me to rest assured that I would get my money credited back. And always asking for me to be patient.

In the meanwhile, a package did come from Kohl's around Dec. 7 or 8th. I was somewhat amazed that it did come since I had been told my order had been canceled and I did not place another order for it. But... I was happy... at least I was happy until I opened the box. I opened to box only to find a packing slip for the ring. No Ring. No Ring Box. No Anything... just a packing slip. Now, needless to say, all kind of thoughts were running through my head, but I tried to remain calm and I got back online and told another attendant what I had received. Again, I was told that I was to receive a credit for the item and to just be patient. Each attendant was very nice, other than the one I spoke with on the phone. But, unfortunately, I still have not gotten this resolved.

My last conversation was Tuesday, Dec. 20, with the live chat. And still, I'm being told the credit is being issued. But I was also told that Kohl's was waiting a response from the vendor. Not sure why I was told this. I made the purchase from Kohl's. The issue between Kohl's and its vendor should not be my problem. Kohl's should make this right, and then resolve any vendor issue without me suffering. This was a Christmas gift, and I am down to the wire. I have to go out and make a purchase to replace it, and Kohl's is dragging their feet getting me my money back. I have never encountered such an issue in my entire life. I just can't see it being that hard to resolve this problem.

I'm furious and will never order one thing from Kohl's again. And more than likely, never step foot into one of their stores. This has been a pure nightmare... and all I am getting is "Please be patient." I've been more than patient. Stayed in contact with them to be sure it didn't slide through the cracks. Since this was a good sum of money, I have no choice but to pursue legal action. WOW. Thank you Kohl's for such a great experience.

Since 2007, I have had 2 Kohl's credit cards. 1 for everyday use and the other for Christmas only. I hide my Christmas credit card and went to Kohl's to make my Christmas purchases on Dec 21, 2017. When I went to check out, I told them that I had 2 accounts and that I misplaced my Christmas credit card. No problem they said. "We can look it up." They called corporate office and explained that I had 2 accounts. Corporate said that was impossible, they only authorize 1 account per person. Mind you almost 10 years I have been using these accounts. Balance $0.00. Corporate at that time when they found that I did have 2 accounts for the past almost 10 years Closed My Christmas account and refused to let me purchase my things on that card, saying that it was a CORPORATE MISTAKE and it had to be closed!! REALLY!!! So they closed the account and I left without my Purchases.

The Staff at the Central Park location in Fredericksburg, Va were Great. They completely understood and felt horrible about what had just happened. I GET PENALIZED FOR SOMETHING I'VE HAD FOR 10 YEARS and USED MANY TIMES BECAUSE THEY MADE A 10 YEAR MISTAKE. I will pay off my everyday used account and will close that account as well. Honestly, I don't feel that I was treated fairly!!! NOT A VERY GOOD POLICY!!! Who are they to say you can only have 1 Account? If you make your payments who cares how many accounts you have!! 2 cards worked for me, I always had that extra Christmas account to fall back on to help others in need at the Holidays!! THANKS SCROOGE aka Kohl's!!

Kohl's Company Profile