2. Shopping

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5
Based on 4,453 ratings submitted in the last year

Kohl's Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I was very pleased and amazed at the same time with the efficiency of the online process especially for in store pickup. They made it so easy for me to search their website by category browse through the items to get what I want in a matter of a couple hours. The checkout online process was also very nice and easy. You can apply multiple coupons and promo codes on the order. I would highly recommend Kohl's. Great store with great promotions and organized online for in store pickup as well as items being shipped to me.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I went to Kohl's to make an Amazon.com return, and also to use my Kohl's Cash. This was my first time doing a return and it could not have been easier. I then found 3 items of clothes on clearance and used my Kohl's Cash, a 25% off coupon and Kohl's Card to pay. Got an excellent deal on all. Customer Service was Top Notch, too!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I went to Kohl’s to look for a birthday gift for a girlfriend with no particular item in mind. I was delighted to find many choices, reasonably priced, including items I would buy for myself as well. I did need to locate a coupon online to make the price more affordable. Medical—tricky with no real internet access in the store, but I succeeded and with the ability to combine my coupon with “always on sale” prices at Kohl’s, I felt I got a great deal. I will say that I shop there infrequently, so the Kohl’s cash promotion—never good till the next day—is always wasted on me.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I have become accustomed to shopping with Amazon. Therefore, having to walk and search a large portion of the store in an attempt to find what I was looking for was not my favorite part. With so many different areas to search, it just became too time consuming. However, I was able to locate the perfect pair of pants for the occasion and was happy with my purchase. My visit to the store was made so pleasant when the cashier greeted me with a big smile and she also found a coupon for me to save me more money. Happy with the purchase and with the savings.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Kohl's is a good mid-priced store less expensive than Macy's, but more than Target/Walmart, on par with JCPenney and Sears but the store appearance overall is more attractive with better floor arrangement. If you watch the ads, almost everything will go on sale and then they often stack the savings with a % off coupon on top of that. Your best savings are with a credit card and discount offers several times a year. They also have order online and pick up in store. If you can't find something in store, check one of the kiosks in-store and if you find it online, you can order there and they will ship to you free of charge. Another fairly recent benefit is Amazon returns and they'll give you a % off coupon for using this service. Pretty great store with a wide a variety of items, easy return and price guarantee policies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I think Kohl's is a very good store. Their products have very good quality and they have good sales. Kohl's has a good atmosphere in which to shop. It is usually the department store I would go to over other department stores because of its sales and its quality in its merchandise.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I must share an awful experience with Kohl’s. I had a $15 charge for my February bill. I paid the bill not only on time, but early, and in return they robbed me of $16 for a late fee and interest charge because they said the payment was rejected...from an account that managed to go through when they took double for the late fee and interest!

Hmmm. I have paperless billing, but they sent a letter notifying me of the payment issue 4 days later through the U.S. mail so there was no chance I’d get it before the due date...wouldn’t you think an email would be the way to communicate for a paperless account??? And why a confirmation code for the payment if it was an “invalid account number”? They couldn't answer any of that and couldn’t waive the fee, but would credit it to my account later if they decided it was appropriate. As I will never shop at Kohl’s again and closed the account, a credit does me no good! Beware of Kohl’s and their SCAM billing processes!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I will NEVER shop at Kohl's ever again!!! On Thursday, January 23, 2020, I had the most miserable experience trying to exchange three pairs of pants for smaller sizes of the same identical model at the Mays Landing, NJ store. The associate seemed confused from the outset, and at least three times asked which pairs I was returning when one set of three pairs of pants had no tags and were clearly worn, while the others still had all the store tags attached.

One pair of jeans (Levis 514) I exchanged once before because Kohl's didn't stock my size. The sale price was $39.99. When I first exchanged them it was a hassle free even trade. Yet the second time I exchanged them for an even smaller size the associate was confused and wouldn’t accept my receipt or couldn’t find the same jeans on the computer. The return was processed as not having a receipt and a temporary refund of $41.70 was issued. However, I was then charged $69.50 minus $3.50 in Kohl’s cash for a total of $66.00 for the same identical jeans with a waist size one inch smaller! An overall increase of $26.01 from the price I originally paid!!!

For the next pair I exchanged (Levis 559) I also originally paid $39.99, and also received a refund of $41.70 taking away $5.00 in Kohl’s cash for a final refund of only $36.70. I originally paid $79.98 for the two pairs (2 x $39.99) and received a refund for only $78.40 ($41.70 + $36.70), a loss of $1.58. This second transaction worked out in my favor and after applying $1.50 in Kohl’s cash the discounted price was brought down to $28.25, a savings of $11.74. Again, I was exchanging the same identical pants for a smaller size!

The third exchange went smoothly because they were Kohl’s Urban Pipeline brand and I didn’t have to wait as the associate clumsily looked for a matching code number. Once totaled, I lost $27.59 ($26.01 + $1.58) and gained $11.74 for an overall loss, on what was an even exchange, of $15.85. This exact difference is reflected in the increase in the balance of my Kohl’s charge account from $69.95 to $85.80 although I made no purchases other than this “exchange”.

Lastly, I initially returned a pair of slippers I received as a Christmas gift without the receipt and received a paltry fraction of the original price ($5.00 and change). While still at the counter I was able to find the receipt buried in my wallet and received a refund of the full purchase price of $16.49. These needless transactions took well over 20 minutes and backed up the line of customers so much that a third associate had to be called to wait on those impatiently waiting. This is unacceptable! Kohl’s advertises “Hassle-Free Returns”, but their handling of a simple exchange was a bungled disaster! Not only will I never shop in Kohl’s ever again, I will also post my experience on Facebook for my 1,600+ friends to read as well as the Kohl’s official page. Lastly, I am cutting up my Kohl’s charge, paying it off, and closing my account. Thanks for the misery and your not so low prices. I’ll shop at your competitors from now on.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I ordered Christmas gifts online at Kohl's.com. One item was only created a shipping label and never sent. I called and got it reordered. Same issue. Never got shipped. I had to call again and was told that the item was available for in store pick up. I asked why was I sent a tracking number and told ups was the carrier. She wouldn't say anything but it was available at the store. I live 4 hrs. away so that is why I shopped online. I hung up and called again and got a woman who cancelled the order and then reordered it for me. I eventually got the toy (after Christmas) which was a huge disappointment. Not very happy with Kohl's. They also refused to post my review and I can't review my online experience with their site. Not impressed.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I purchased items online with an advertised 25%. The very next day there was a 40% off discount. I called and spoke with supervisor Reese #** whom was very rude and condescending. She told me the items were excluded however it said none of such in the exclusions. I got frustrated and hung up. Today I spoke with supervisor Ann, whom was just as rude. I wanted to exchange the pants for another size. Her response "That's why when you order online you have to make sure you can fit it!" How dare you? I asked for someone over her. She said ok and places me on hold for 20 mins (I guess waiting for me to hang up). Well I've worked in a call center environment at a Department store. I know that if you place a customer on hold you'll get hold music. If you push mute then.... well I was on mute for 20 mins.

I call corporate and spoke with Paula whom was just as rude. At this point, I don't want a discount because I'll never order or shop with them again. I wanted to exchange my pants (I love Adidas). I was told I would have to drive over an hour away to exchange them because that's their exchange policy. No resolution whatsoever. I mean a return label or anything would've helped except $5 when I have to pay $30 for gas. What about my inconvenience? Oh wait she offered me 100 bonus yes you are points which is $5.

I have never in my whole entire life ever experienced this level of unprofessionalism, non compassionate, unhelpful, and undermining service from a department store. If corporate operates in this level, I see why the "supervisors" were unphased. Shop at your own risk and "Make sure you can fit the clothes you order online!" Never had a problem with the many Adidas clothes I've purchased so I know my size.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Kohl's Company Information