2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.58/5
Based on 3,162 ratings submitted in the last year

Kohl’s is a department store that sells clothing, furniture, electronics and home appliances. You can purchase its products online or at a local store. With Kohl’s Cash, customers receive $10 in store credit for every $50 spent during certain promotions. You must return electronics within 30 days, but all other items are returnable up to 180 days after the date of purchase.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Kohl's Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I was very pleased and amazed at the same time with the efficiency of the online process especially for in store pickup. They made it so easy for me to search their website by category browse through the items to get what I want in a matter of a couple hours. The checkout online process was also very nice and easy. You can apply multiple coupons and promo codes on the order. I would highly recommend Kohl's. Great store with great promotions and organized online for in store pickup as well as items being shipped to me.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I went to Kohl's to make an Amazon.com return, and also to use my Kohl's Cash. This was my first time doing a return and it could not have been easier. I then found 3 items of clothes on clearance and used my Kohl's Cash, a 25% off coupon and Kohl's Card to pay. Got an excellent deal on all. Customer Service was Top Notch, too!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I went to Kohl’s to look for a birthday gift for a girlfriend with no particular item in mind. I was delighted to find many choices, reasonably priced, including items I would buy for myself as well. I did need to locate a coupon online to make the price more affordable. Medical—tricky with no real internet access in the store, but I succeeded and with the ability to combine my coupon with “always on sale” prices at Kohl’s, I felt I got a great deal. I will say that I shop there infrequently, so the Kohl’s cash promotion—never good till the next day—is always wasted on me.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I have become accustomed to shopping with Amazon. Therefore, having to walk and search a large portion of the store in an attempt to find what I was looking for was not my favorite part. With so many different areas to search, it just became too time consuming. However, I was able to locate the perfect pair of pants for the occasion and was happy with my purchase. My visit to the store was made so pleasant when the cashier greeted me with a big smile and she also found a coupon for me to save me more money. Happy with the purchase and with the savings.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Kohl's is a good mid-priced store less expensive than Macy's, but more than Target/Walmart, on par with JCPenney and Sears but the store appearance overall is more attractive with better floor arrangement. If you watch the ads, almost everything will go on sale and then they often stack the savings with a % off coupon on top of that. Your best savings are with a credit card and discount offers several times a year. They also have order online and pick up in store. If you can't find something in store, check one of the kiosks in-store and if you find it online, you can order there and they will ship to you free of charge. Another fairly recent benefit is Amazon returns and they'll give you a % off coupon for using this service. Pretty great store with a wide a variety of items, easy return and price guarantee policies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: May 10, 2020

1. I buy enough from Kohl's on every shipment to get free shipping.

2. They do curbside pickup.
      3. For Returns, they do not pay for shipping.
      4. Why can't they accept returns curbside? They wear gloves and masks.
      5. I'm not paying $15 for shipping and tracking, when I won't get my Kohl's bucks back or my Yes2You rewards.
      6. They haven't posted when they will reopen stores.

Frustrating. Can't even get a hold of a Customer Service person online. Waiting 15 minutes.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I have called Kohl’s charge customer service several times and filed a complaint with them as well, which is “resolved” from Kohl’s perspective. I made several purchases and returns in December 2019. I did the math and paid what I believed to be the complete balance (which I ALWAYS do). I received no statements from Kohl’s Charge in January or February. I received a letter from Kohl's in March stating that my account had been turned over to collections for non-payment of the balance of $3. Obviously, I would have paid this had I received a statement. I called customer service and was told at that time that it had NOT been turned into the credit bureau. I then received notice from Experian that my credit score had dropped 28 points!

I called customer service again on to attempt to have my credit score corrected. I received a letter that they will not fix this, it was not Kohl’s error and they refuse to rescind the negative on my credit score. I don’t understand how they can report a delinquency to the credit bureau for a debt they NEVER sent me a bill for? Taking a 28 point deduction in my credit score over $3.66 is ridiculous, especially since the error is THEIRS!

Original review: April 24, 2020

I was unable to use my charge card for more than a year due to some financial issues. Received notice from my credit monitoring company that my score dropped due to Kohl's canceling my charge card due to inactivity. SERIOUSLY!!! No notice from Kohl's at all, that it could be canceled. I'm finally getting back on my feet, getting my credit score improved and KOHL's pulls this crap. Hurt my credit score badly. Will they re-open my card? NO!!! I have to re-apply, which also hurts my credit score. I will never shop at KOHL's again! Thanks for nothing KOHL's

Original review: April 22, 2020

I am very upset about the fact that I ordered something a couple weeks ago, I made sure to send it to my current address and I'm not sure what happened but this still went to the wrong address 1,000k+ miles away. I even have the email to prove that I updated the address. Anyway, I called Kohl's days before the delivery, waited an hour to talk to someone only to be told that I am the owner of the package and have to call UPS about rerouting it. I called UPS, waited another 30 min to talk to someone and was told Kohl's is supposed to submit an intercept request or I have to be on the line with both companies to validate the request.

Of course I was stupid enough to ask each rep to wait on the line until I could get ahold of the other and they denied that. This turned into back and forth calls for a couple of days until I finally got someone from Kohl's who finally mentioned they would be re-routing the package and that I would get an email about it. It's been a week now, no email, nothing. The status of my package is that it's still on hold as I had requested but it's in FL not CO where it should be. I called Kohl's again about a status update and was told to just wait longer. I'm moving shortly and really just need to make sure this item is here before I leave my current apartment. This has been a total disaster and the wait time on these calls are just horrible. I have all the recordings of the calls if anyone is interested.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Best price cut for your money. Bought a diamond earring and a watch. It was mark 50 percent off. That just made my day. I would consider of buying jewelry again and on top of that you get an extra 20 percent when you purchase back to their store.

Kohl's Company Information