3.31/5
Based on 1,446 ratings submitted in the last year

1602 Kohl's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I ordered online and item needed to be returned. I went to the store in person to return this item for a credit. Very fast service, did not even need or show my C/C. All I needed was the packing slip. I was out the door in minutes. Received my credit super fast on my C/C.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I was in your store on November 23, 2018. The Kohl’s worker I would like to give Kudos to is Leticia. She did a suburb job assisting me through several issues. I was visiting from Mississippi and decided to open a charge card for Black Friday. I hadn’t noticed that the back of my driver’s license had rub off; which, created a problem with scanning my information. She immediately starting thinking of other options and found that I had my Government ID. After getting my account established, we ran into another problem when trying to scan the ID for my purchase. She called customer service and they was able to give me my account to make the purchase. I did mention that this was Black Friday, so the wait was long. Leticia kept her cheerful attitude throughout the entire ordeal. She’s was a blessing to me. Keep up the good work Leticia.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2018

The store is attractive and laid out well - I can easily find what I'm looking for. It has a nice assortment of items in most all departments. There is clothing for people of all ages, including older women - that pleases me because lately, some stores seem to have only fashions for young people. Prices are affordable and merchandise is of good quality. It is a fun store to browse because there is always something new, especially seasonal items.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I love shopping at Kohl's as the clothing is well made and when on sale I stick up. I also like the Kohl's Cash I get when I spend $50. Their clearance items are at a fraction of original cost where other department chains mostly take off on a couple dollars and give no other benefits like Kohl's Cash. I highly recommend shopping at Kohl's.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Kohl's is my favorite retail store. The prices are mostly fair and I really like the brand names they carry. The sales are great as are the coupons which you can use as well. The Yes2You program is very reasonable as some stores you never seem to get the reward.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: May 17, 2019

I am a huge fan of Kohl's, love this store and I shop here often. However I am very disappointed in my recent purchase for Mother's Day of a necklace. It is Lauren Conrad's jewelry line for Mother's Day. Her "Mama" necklace. At what it was priced of $18 I did not expect it to be high class in any way. But I did however expect it to keep it's original color for more than a week. I have worn this necklace for simply 4 days, not getting it wet or exposing it to any lotions or sprays. It started as "rose gold" color and it is now a tarnished dark silver color. I am extremely disappointed in this necklace and simply bummed that I even took the time to purchase it. Low priced or not, I have had dollar store jewelry keep its color longer than 4 days. This jewelry should not even continue to be sold. If I was able to return it I would!

Original review: May 13, 2019

Awful company. I was promised a $10 coupon promo code into my email account by a supervisor called Oscar on Thursday 5 - 9 - 19. I was told it would be in there two to three days later. On day 4 I got Michael a supervisor who was absolutely useless. He said there was no notation in my account at all by Oscar, which Oscar had told me at the time of our call he had put the notation in there. I asked for a call back by entering my phone number in their automated system and some 3 hours and 15 minutes later someone called me back. Being transferred I left a voicemail in the executive offices voice mail and I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau today. Just false promises.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I ordered something online. I always order online because I am disabled. The item was shipped to me damaged. Let there be no mistake, despite all their grandstanding, Kohl's DOES NOT have a "Hassle-Free" return policy. Their return policy is nothing BUT hassle. First, they ship no return sticker with their items as do stores like Amazon and Wayfair.

To get return something damaged you have to call them. And wait. And wait. And wait. And while you wait they constantly play a recording telling you that you called during a busy time and that you should call back when it isn't so busy. REALLY? So it is MY fault that you don't have enough staff to handle the myriad of calls you get from pissed-off people like me who are angry they even had to call you in the first place? Put a return sticker in with your shipments and you won't get all these calls. Also, YOU have to pay to ship returns. INFURIATING! I will never, ever purchase from Kohl's again. "Hassle-free returns"...what a load of crap.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I have been a Kohl's customer for decades. A couple of days ago I bought a very expensive pair of ASICS running shoes, and then received a 30% off coupon in the mail a couple of hours after my purchase. I went back to the Kohl’s where I had bought the shoes, hoping to use the 30% off coupon for a substantial discount. I was informed by the customer service person that Kohl’s had changed the rules and the ASICS brand items are no longer subject to the 30% off coupon.

Nowhere on the coupon was this indicated nor was it indicated anywhere in the shoe section. So I returned the shoes, and ended up buying another pair of shoes directly from ASICS. I guess from now on if I want to use a coupon I will have to go to the Kohl’s website and pour over several pages of exclusions. I am not happy about this, and will never purchase another pair of ASICS running shoes from Kohl’s again.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I placed an online order for pajamas. Just received my box, it's got grasshoppers and cockroaches in it. Called customer service and she refunded my money, but couldn't reorder my products cause a lot are out of stock and I couldn't use my original promo code because it's no longer valid... This is ridiculous. Now I have to scramble around and find Father's Day gifts and hopefully the next box doesn't have bugs in it.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have been a Kohl's customer for 15 years, have excellent credit and I took great satisfaction in shredding my Kohl's credit card and will never shop at Kohl's again. I shopped online with Kohl's recently and requested a local store pick up at the Kohl's my area. For some Kohl's reason my order was pulled in California. After discovering this, I called their 1800 #, but could not find a live person, every button I pushed gave me a robot.

So I was relegated to an online chat with a Kohl's rep, who informed me that they could not help me, they are not given the tools to redirect or cancel an order and that I would have to call the store directly in California. 48 hours later, I contacted the Kohl's 1-800 number and spoke with a Kohl's representative and he told me that I would have to call the store in California directly he did not have the means to cancel or redirect my order. I informed him that the Kohl's website only provides the address for the store, he said that I would have to google the store's phone number. What atrocious customer service, next Kohl's will be starting self checkout. I am more than happy to shop somewhere else. Kohl's needs to realize that great customer service is for repeat purchase not for profit.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I am a credit card holder of Kohl's. I was late. Not even a month late. The day after my payment was due I started getting these phone calls, sometimes 4 or 5 times a day. I would also get emails stating my payment was due. They would even call on Sundays. Needless to say I would not encourage anyone to get a Kohl's card. I have been a loyal customer but when my card is paid off I will cancel this card, because if they treat you like this and you are not even a month behind just a few days I don't need this type of harassment.

Original review: May 7, 2019

After 15 minutes of waiting and refreshing, the site still was not fully loaded, too many ads and pictures. MAKE IT SIMPLE KOHL'S. Just to review and or make a payment. This is a horrible experience monthly to even try and pay the bill.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Ordered men's black dress pants online in black because the store didn't carry the size needed - 36x36. When I received them, they'd substituted a bigger size than ordered. Returned & ordered online a second time in the needed size to give Kohl's a second chance - UNFORTUNATELY they repeated themselves! Again, Kohl's shipped me a substituted larger size. Since when is Kohl's allowed to substitute? I didn't agree to that! I may stop ordering online all together - which is problematic, because my guys are all 6'4" & need lengths the store doesn't even carry!

Original review: May 1, 2019

This is the most stupid retailer in the world. I am going to post my reviews about your stupid company every day. We never going to order anything from you and will let as many as people how stupid you are. No wonder everybody buy from Amazon.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I missed 1 payment because my children's father had a heart attack and we were with him at the hospital for 2 weeks. I obviously had bigger things to worry about. Got a call I had missed my payment. I apologized, explained my situation and they more than doubled my payment not including an extra $27 late fee added to my account balance that will be charged interest. I was informed they were a collection agency so I asked to speak to Kohl's directly. Same story. They offered to waive the late fee only but my payment is still $75 due instead of the normal $27. Kohl's has no compassion for families when they are in need. I will never purchase anything for myself, my family, or my friends there again. They do not deserve families spending their money in their stores when they treat them so badly when they really need help.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I ordered a blouse and used their suggested bust measurement. The blouse was falling off my shoulders. I asked to exchange or return and my request was REFUSED! To quote, "We only accept returns if there is a quality problem." They added overseas return would be too expensive. Shouldnt that be my decision? I'd rather get something than nothing! I consider this fraud and hope Consumer Affairs can advise me. I will make sure to get the word out. Why Couldn’t I use a Kohl’s store for a return? Has anyone any suggestions? Thank you.

Original review: April 18, 2019

My husband and I submitted an order online which went through. We then got a notification that it had an issue so I called. We used his card so he had to verify, which was fine, but after he already verified twice he had to go to work and for whatever ridiculous reason they needed a third verification (the representative was clearly not paying attention/doing her job correctly) but whatever, we put it under my card and my name instead.

She gets my email wrong, doesn't send me my order number and so I call. Well apparently because I don't have the order number that was never sent to me, or the bogus email she typed in, I can't access my order and I don't even know if it shipped to me or not. Talked to a manager who HUNG UP ON ME WHILE I WAS TALKING with some crap response like, "Yeah, sorry about that".

I've never felt so disrespected by a customer service center. I've wasted over an hour being flexible with them and now they have $500 of my money, I have no actual confirmation that I'll get anything in the mail, and I got treated like absolute crap in the process. Nevermind the 80 Kohl's cash I was supposed to get. I don't know why I'd want it. Piss. Poor. Service.

Original review: April 17, 2019

A long time mostly online customer, return when needed in store. I always pay the last statement balance in full. Ended up getting a bill for 3.96 and when I asked them what it was for (i.e. the item the charge is attributable to that I purchased). This was too difficult a concept for the customer service representatives or supervisor to handle. This is ridiculous, if your programs are making it too complicated for even your associates to explain then maybe it is time to rethink your business model. Ended up telling them to cancel my charge card and they made no effort to keep the customer, over 3.96.... They spent more money in time discussing this as I called twice, the first time asked someone to call me back and they never did. The last customer service associate was ID **, who was pleasant but still could not answer the question of what is this for....

Original review: April 14, 2019

I am a KOHL'S customer with a KOHL'S credit card for the past 7 years. When I was looking for a hoverboard for my son, I found a Swagtron T380 on their website. While I was checking the reviews, I found that even though Kohl's said the MSRP was $399 and they had it on sale for $349, that was a complete fabrication! Swagtron LIsts the MSRP for $350 and they had it on sale for $249! KOHL'S was charging 10 dollars more for their "sale" price. In addition Walmart, and several other stores were offering the 249 price. I thought I'd give KOHL'S a chance and have them price match per their statement, but they don't price match "special" items. What a crock! So they lied about the MSRP, and they don't price match.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Kohl's is the worst. They flagged my account that I do not run a balance on. I asked them to close the account - I don't need it and don't want it. They are refusing to do so without a FAX of my photo ID and utility bill.

Original review: April 13, 2019

If you want to spend 3 hours waiting for someone to speak for you, Kohl's customer service hotline is the right place to reach out to. I was trying to purchase an item at kohls.com with my Kohl's Credit Card, but for some reason it did not want to process my payment. I tried to call the customer services hotline to fix the problem but was left on hold for several hours. Complete waste of time...

Original review: April 10, 2019

I ordered 4 pairs of shirts and the next day I received an email that the items would be shipped separately via FedEx and UPS. Instant red flag. I have been shopping at Kohl’s for the past 5 years but very rarely online. Now a week later, I still haven’t received my items and the tracking says it will be delivered in about another week. Disappointing to see a company such as this take the cheap, careless route to get the items shipped out in a timely manner. Safe to say I’ll never shop online again!

Original review: April 9, 2019

3-29 I made a 4 item $93 purchase, no trouble loading the cart... Then check out took 45 minutes. I live in the desert with a private run post office. So I must use a PO Box number. Over 30 minutes of struggling to but a P O box number only or after street address or on the second line to no avail, I had to settle for street address only, oh well UPS delivers to the house. WRONG Kohls has UPS hand it off to the post office to save on delivery charges. So no box number, back it goes. Comes in two orders, no refund until second shipment is back at Warehouse for 7 days. I didn't find this out through the online loop they put you in to try and find a question that pertains to your issue so they can give you the boilerplate answer.

When that didn't work, I tore through the site page by page looking for a contact number...NONE! No surprise why would they want to answer questions? Found their number in my checking account log, as to where my $$ were sent. The 866 number lead me overseas, where Christine #1001, succeeded in mispronouncing my name every 3 seconds and finally settled on merchandise in warehouse, min 7 days will refund $$. That was my very first attempt at buying from Kohl's. I promised Christine if they would just send me back my money, I would never buy from them again.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I ordered two pair of shoes for my daughter and myself for Easter. I changed the shipping location as I have used Kohls.com to send gifts in the past. When I received the confirmation email it was shipped to the wrong state. SEVERAL phone calls later after being promised it would be intercepted I am being told that there is nothing can do and that it is a system error. The "manager" obviously did not listen and said that I could have my grandmother return the shoes to the store. She was my best friend who past away 2 years ago. That will be hard for her. They are being shipped to my granddaughter's house incorrectly.

This has been one bad experience after another and this morning I get an email that says they reviewed the case and still just have the shoes returned for a credit. Which is fine... But I have wasted time, my son will now waste his time and I am starting to see why big box companies are going under. Thankfully, our local Kohl's is wonderful. Too bad they didn't have these shoes. Kohls.com this time had horrible service.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have been a long-time dedicated Kohl's customer. They were my usual go-to. Recent experiences changed that in the store and online. I ordered 8 items of clothing online for an upcoming vacation. I changed my shipping address to my new address and continued with my order. I later got an email saying part of my order shipped and I would have to wait for the rest. No problem. I kept looking for my shipment on the expected day. No box. Late that night I got an email saying it was delivered, only I hadn't received it. Checked the email again and noticed it was shipped to my old address at an apartment complex. I tried to contact customer service, but as expected, they were closed.

Drove over to the old address late at night to retrieve the box but it was already taken/stolen. Had to wait until the next morning to call, which I did. I was told they would have to investigate what happened with the package even though they confirmed it was shipped to the wrong address. I understand stores need to protect themselves from theft, but they confirmed it was shipped to the wrong address. They saw my billing address updated - likely so the purchase would go through - but they weren't concerned about making sure their software corrected my shipping address too even though that's where I changed it online. I was told all they could do was open an investigation and I would get a notification in 10 days regarding whether or not they would honor either a credit to my account or ship another package. To where? Who knows? When? By then I'll be on vacation!

So I have to wait until I come back from vacation to fight for my credit or clothes that I needed before vacation?! I will never order with Kohls.com again, especially after I see all the similar complaints here. As a long-time customer, I had no reason to be concerned and investigate them prior to ordering, but I wish I had now. They won't get my business again.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I ordered 2 sundresses and a oversize sleeveless blouse. The blouse would fit a small or medium woman. I ordered 3X on two items and a 4X on another per the bust measurement sizings they give. The blouse I cannot use at all. The sling back sundress workmanship was something a beginner seamstress would make. The other dress looks like a night gown. I will NEVER order anything from this company again. Switch and bait is what happened here to me! I want my money back. I'll shop at a reputable company next time. So disappointed. I need very cool clothing for summer as I overheat easily. These won't meet my needs. So this is a great big FAIL in my book.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I called Kohl's to see if they carried a particular Adidas sandal; was told they did and had them in store stock. Once I got there, found they had a seemingly knock-off version (subpar production from China) of the Adidas Adissage sandal and for the SAME price as the actual shoe. It was extremely cheaply made and definitely not the actual shoe. Asked them how they could sell this under false advertising and at the same price. Got no answer. Went to a competitor's store and got the exact shoe I wanted at the price Kohl's was asking and the sandal at Kohl's was also "on sale" at 15% off. What happened to you Kohl's? Profit over quality! I notice the quality of their clothes has also followed the same path. Shame on you Kohl's. You have lost my business.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I made 2 different orders. When I placed my order it had my correct mailing address, but it was sent to an address I lived at over 5 years ago. I knew I had the 2nd package coming and it was still at the distribution center, so I tried to get it corrected. They said they couldn't do it. Now the 2nd order is going to the wrong address. I was told to call FedEx and UPS to recover my packages. FedEx and UPS said I needed to have Kohl's contact them. This is $327 worth of merchandise that is going to someone else's house. I was told it was up to me to try and get my packages back and told it was my responsibility since I placed the order. The agent actually told me I live in the same city, so it should be easy for me to get my packages at the other house. Worst customer service I have ever had and I will never, never shop at Kohl's again. In the store or online!!!

Original review: March 21, 2019

I made an online payment and received a message stating it could not be processed. I assumed I entered some information incorrectly and tried again. There was no indication that I had double paid, however several days later I found the same amount had been debited from my account four days apart. Customer service refused to reverse one of the charges or provide information for who could. It was a website issue, not human error, yet customer service claimed there is no means for correction unless I canceled the payment on the same day. The site appeared to have declined my first attempt at payment and did not indicate in any manner that it would or could be processed later, so I immediately made the payment again successfully. The double payment, debited four days apart, caused my bank account to overdraft causing me to have overdraft fees for several days before I noticed the problem.

Kohl's Company Information