3.9/5 (562 ratings)

About Kohl's

Kohl’s is a department store that sells clothing, furniture, electronics and home appliances. You can purchase its products online or at a local store. With Kohl’s Cash, customers receive $10 in store credit for every $50 spent during certain promotions. You must return electronics within 30 days, but all other items are returnable up to 180 days after the date of purchase.

Kohl's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

Kohl’s is a notorious company that engages in price penetration. This is completely an unethical pricing strategy in which a company promotes discounts during holiday seasons and then cancels the items stating it’s out of stock but the same item will be available online for a different price. I ordered American tourister luggage on Nov 23rd during Thanksgiving sale and they have sent an cancellation email on 28th the Monday after the deal was expired stating item is no longer available. I called customer service and asked if they would price match as the item is available online and they said no, they no longer have that discounted price. Never expected this to happen from these guys. Will never ever shop again with them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

Kolh's Shipping. I get my statements in SC. Kolh's shipped to PA. They said, there is not anything they can do, until I threatened to CX my card. Now, 30 days before refund. Won't refund unsent items.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

This company engages in price skimming, which is an unethical pricing strategy in which a company charges a high initial price and then gradually lowers the price. Kohl's had a Lodge wok priced at approximately $69. On November 25th, I purchased the wok on Kohls.com for in-store pick up for approximately $55. However, by Monday, November 28, the price had been reduced to about $45. Although this company has a 14-day price adjustment policy, they do not uphold this policy.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

On 11-28-2022 @ 11.40 am. I was in the line to check out at Store #0769 Fresh Meadows Queens NY 11365. I Was called by cashier at # 4. I reached to the very nice polite respectful woman of color cashier. All of a sudden a mean and nasty supervisor (#13) rushed to the cashier "Don't take any customer, don't take any customer." I was already in front of the cashier and I clearly understand if an emergency arises and the cashier cannot check out. So I ask the Rude supervisor (a woman), "Could you please let me know what is my option since I am already here to check out my items." She totally ignore me with a mean and nasty attitude, leave me standing. All the other cashier was occupied. I am in retail for 20 years and my company would never tolerate this nasty woman. Also she was so mean and nasty to the cashier, she treated the cashier like a criminal. It's discriminations. She should not been tolerated to be a supervisor.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Kohl's as a company is HORRIBLE. I've had a Kohl's card for several years and never miss a payment bc I am on autopay. I got a 30 day late on my credit so I called them and was escalated to a manager. She told me they had recently changed computer systems and It kicked a lot of people off of autopay and that she would have it removed and took away my late fee. Now they refuse to take it off stating I should have paid more attention. REALLY? Then why offer autopay if I have to check every month to make sure Kohl's system works correctly? HORRIBLE COMPANY.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Kohl's is a great store to shop, most of the time. What I find very irritating and a lack of respect for customers, is that they choose to use an independent company for shipping/delivery, OnTrac. OnTrac does NOT deliver on the weekends at all. It is worse for us because we live in a rural area when FedEx and UPS can be the carrier and get our orders to us the next day or within 2 days without paying extra money. Kohl's does not give customers the choice of who, or how our orders will be delivered. Especially this time of year, the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays coming up and people are placing orders that need to have a dependable delivery in case an item does not fit and a new size must be ordered.

The loss of 2 1/2 days is equivalent to NOT getting the wanted or needed item-by the time we get our package, the store will be sold out-it's happened many times. By the time we get the item and realize there's no time to re-order, the other web stores such as Amazon or Target, are sold out. (OnTrac has told me they do not work past a certain time on Fridays.) Now I remembered why it has been a year since I've ordered through Kohl's online.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

I have been enjoying this Kohl's for some time, they shifted the cash-out lane to the right hand side to make room for Sephora. But the incompetent front desk didn’t run my card right, charging and holding $139.61 twice, and then saying I only $22 credit available on my paid-off $300 kohl's card. I came into the store with the right amount of money and left with no merchandise because she's incompetent and resolving it with the credit line I’m thinking she might make the same mistake. I assume she’s supposed to confirm the purchases with the customer service line. The transaction experience felt irregular, where are her superiors?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

Placed order; it was cancelled w/ no reason. Kohl's didn't care. ESL agent redid order, now less 2 items. Req faster shipping, since their fault - No. Disgusted about cancelled items & customer service.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Tried to suss out why order with 35% off when using Kohl’s card was canceled the next day. Called and transferred 3x only to get to “leave a voicemail.” The “English as a Second Language” associates goofed everything up. First one relayed that I didn’t recognize the order, I told them I placed it. Third one wanted to put order through after I said NO several times. Every transfer had me giving same info, name, last 4 digits of SS#, and birthdate. Asked to talk to a manager, got the voicemail “busy with another customer, please leave message.” Nope, not going to play the game of wait around day in and day out for a call back. Cheap labor doesn’t equate to good service and losing customers will see another store chain close.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I had the worst experience several weeks ago with the Kohl's in Miamisburg OH at Austin Landing. I was there to return items and walked up to the open, cleared window and the associate behind the counter was messing with a pile of clothes on the middle counter and looked at me and said, "You can clearly see I am NOT over there, I am over here!" I was so caught off guard, that it took me about 5 seconds to process what he just said to me, so I leaned over the counter and said, "What did you just say to me?" and he looked surprised and said, "I am over here if you want help."

I looked at him and said, "I don't know who you think you are talking to, but you will not speak to me like I am a 12 yr old! Call your manager up now!" He said, "I didn't mean anything" and I told him, "I didn't give a **" and that his comment was rude and unprofessional and how dare he think he could speak to anyone like that. But the so-called "manager" was no better. Actually, she smirked when I told her what he said. I went off and walked back to the Amazon return area, and as I was walking by that manager I told her that his lack of empathy and response was why that store is going downhill fast. And then asked for her boss' name and # and she said I could look that up! Man, I went off again.

This place has hit the bottom. If you employee people that leave this kind of mark on its customers, you can see why they are going under. I filed a complaint with the Corporate office but no one ever followed up. So with that being said... I will never step foot in that building again or another Kohl's. I will pay more for better service and take my money to Macy's. I have shared my experience on social media and encouraged others to shop elsewhere. If you allow your employees to behave in that manner then they will sink faster and hopefully close those doors.

Kohl's Company Information