Kohl's

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On October 23rd of 2016, I placed an order of 3 sandals and 3 toothbrushes using the gift card plus a 40% off coupon I got through email. My order was canceled the next day without refund. I called the customer service and was told to be refunded via mail within two weeks. After two weeks there was nothing in my mailbox so I called the customer again. Customer service told me he/she requested another gift card through mail. Similar story happened at least eight times. Until January of 2017, I called the customer service and this time the agent on the other side talked to the verification department for a while and told me your case was resolved, credit will be reversed to me.

The next day I found my gift card was canceled with the remaining balance cleared, with the total amount nearly 500 dollars. I called the customer service Andy. This time I was "fortunate" enough to be able to talk to someone in the fraud department. He told me placing an order with three gift cards of 3 sandals and 3 toothbrushes is very dubious so the fraud department thought it was a fraud transaction, so they decide to cancel my gift card. Why those hypocrites did not tell me at the very beginning to explain their decisions? Staples, Best Buy, Office Depot, Target, Walmart, Amazon never did that to their customers. I am quite sure even though merchants reserve the right to clear all member points that was considered against the rule, but I have never heard of any merchant cancel customer's gift cards.

Kohl's will make lots of money by merely cancel their customers' gift cards without any explanation. Once you are "fortunate" and "honorable" enough to be offered a chance talking to one of those bastards in so called fraud department you will be given an explanation. Do not make any online orders, be aware that your gift cards might be canceled to enrich their pockets.

Before I ordered my Ninja Coffee system I called to speak to a representative as I got burned last year when I ordered something and it arrived broken. When I went to return it they would no longer honor the sales price for an exchange. Not a different purchase. How do they get away with being thieves? I will tell you. I called after I got screwed again. I have the entire conversation in print with the rep when I called and said that is not what I got. They offered to let me return it. Sound familiar. Same as last year. They offer unbeatable prices but you are not going to get what you ordered.

When I told the representative what happened in the past and that I would voice it online she told me she could no longer speak to me if I went online and complained. Sounds like a bit of extortion to me. They will not help you if you complain against them so they lie to you, cheat you and if you say something they won't help you. I'm going to the CFPB next! THIEVES! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. You will not get what you ordered no matter how much you try. Spend dollars more and go to Bed Bath & Beyond.

In 2014 your employees allowed someone to cash 3 fake traveler's checks. They had no ID and there is a 800 on the checks stating you must call for authentication before cashing yet this person was able to enter the store 3 times and walk away with cash. My name was not printed on these checks but because this person signed my name to the back of one of them I was subsequently charged with 3 felonies. It took me an entire year to clear my name and prove my innocence. I'm out 5k in lawyers fees and all because you hire criminals and do not hold them accountable for their actions. These people still have their jobs til this day. My life was damn near ruined and you could care less about the actions of your employees. I was never compensated for what I was put through. Your company never even offered an apology.

Be aware; simply starting the process to attain a $500 Gift Card will result in the immediate release of your email contact information to a number of marketing outlets making you Mister Popular on the phishing junk email circuit! I did not complete the entire process due to mandatory subscriptions/purchases for entry access, deleted what I could, even going as far as ensuring box was blank where it's asked about receiving newsletters, updates, and such - then closed the window. Within minutes of this I began receiving junk mail: banks, insurance, credit card, loans, prizes, games, just plain crap. To the tune of over 80 each day for the next 3 days before what I'm hoping is now under control. Still I went from a fairly secure internet interface, maybe 3 or 4 scam mails per week, to close to 500 during what I've since been referring to as KOHL'S SPECIAL GIFT WEEK. Consider yourself forewarned.

I visited Kohl's and purchased a down duvet and two down pillows. The woman rang me up and asked me if I wanted a Kohl's card, she mentioned that I'd save another $50 on my purchase. After contemplating for a couple seconds I said, "No thank you, it's very tempting but I can't get a credit card right now." The woman then said that I could cancel it in a month, or never use it. I won't lie, I was tempted, but said NO at least five times. She wouldn't give up and I was running out of defense, so I told her that I was recovering from filing bankruptcy in 2015. It was important to me and my family that I make the right decisions. She said, "Well you could just sign up and see what happens." I was floored by this response! What happened to compassion, Respect? I felt broken down by this woman, she was pushy, ruthless, disrespectful. I am genuinely upset by the experience, and I will not return. I understand that getting quota is important but to what cost of others?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Kohl's keeps changing their return policies to benefit them in every situation! Tell me how fair this is...I received a pair of shoes as a gift, I took them to exchange
*****
Review posted here: https://www.facebook.com/kohls/posts/10154919311376248
*****

it for some shoes that were more suitable for me to wear. I did not have a receipt because the person that bought them paid cash and could not find the receipt. The shoes were still in the box and had a 59.99 sticker on them. I was told that because they rang up at a clearance price of 17.99 that I would have to find a pair with an original sticker of 59.99 with a 17.99 clearance price. That is like trying to find a needle in a haystack! Of course I could not find any shoes with those stipulations so I asked for the return of 17.99 on a gift card but then was told I could only have 5.99 back! I mean really if Kohl's only gives me 5.99 back are they seriously going to put those shoes on the shelf for 5.99? No they will sale them for 17.99. Seriously so fed up with Kohl's ready to cancel my own card and stop shopping there!!

I bought items and was told I could have a 40% discount if I got a credit card. Usually I say no to store cards because I almost always regret it later, but I said what the heck because my cousin was with me and encouraged me to get the discount. It was NOT worth it. Now I have a ding on my credit report and I closed the account because I was really angry at them. I have a very sick husband and we had to go 1300 miles away for treatment. I got the Kohl's card but had not activated it before I left. I gave the clerk a credit card (not a debit card) and assumed the purchase would be charged to that. The clerk NEVER told me it would be charged to the NEW card. I had no idea to even expect that. I paid my other credit cards using my phone while I was away for 2 months, but had no idea I owed the other one any money. Their calls to my home never got through to me as I was not there.

When I got back I saw they dinged my credit report. I was furious and called and paid the stupid $110 bill and canceled the card (without EVER having activated it). Their customer service said all stores do that when you open a charge. I opened a charge while away at another store similar to Kohl's and they did NOT do that. They charged it to my existing card and said they would send me the new card, which is what I expect.

I was a Kohl's customer from the start, but I will never step foot into one of their stores again. They would not fix my credit report and basically blame me and said they did everything right, but they didn't. Their clerk should have told me it was being charged to the NEW card, not the other (existing) credit card I gave her, so I would have expected a bill and I could have had my son pay it while I was away. I am DONE with Kohl's. Never again. There are plenty of better places I can shop. The way they treat their customers I am surprised they stay in business.

I was interested in purchasing a pair of Levi's which from the internet I saw were on sale. I went into the store and and was informed they were out and we could buy them at the kiosk. Went through the whole order at the kiosk and at the end it did not accept the order. Then I went to the store to return an item and was told I could get the amount of the item only the lowest price it was on sale for in the history of the item. On top of that no cash back only a card and had to spend it there at the store. I then tried to go to the Kiosk to order some Levi's and one kiosk was broken and the other was being held hostage by a customer. So one of the workers said I could order them on the customer service phone line at the store.

I called and they could find the 501 original shrink to fit Levi's. There is only one of these that Levi's makes. I asked for a customer service manager and the lower level customer service representative did not want to transfer me. I finally called back and after arguing with them got another Manager who didn't know Levi's either. By their accents they are a out of country phone customer service. Bad!! Needless to say I will never shop at Kohl's again and will post this on Facebook as well. I wish I didn't even have to give them one star!!!

I have several complaints from the last two months. First, I ordered a pearl necklace from Kohls.com. This was a gift, and when it was removed from the plastic bag in which it was shipped, all of the pearls fell in the floor. I called Kohl's because none of the local stores had it in stock. They told me that I would need to purchase a new one online and then I could return the other one to my local store. That sounded great except I had earned $10 Kohl's cash on my previous purchase so my "refund" was to be reduced by that amount even though this was not really a return but rather an exchange of defective merchandise.

I had another issue with Kohl's cash as well. I had purchased $76 worth of items and I received $10 Kohl's cash which I redeemed later. I later decided to return a $15 item from the original order. Kohl's deducted $10 from my return and was offering me $5 back. I tried to explain that I shouldn't lose my Kohl's cash because my order that I kept was still above $50 but it was like I was speaking another language. Funny how Kohl's gave me no Kohl's cash for the $26 that exceeded the $50 threshold but still somehow felt justified in penalizing me for it. This also happens on items that you just need to exchange the sizes which should never happen. I understand if someone returns their items for cash, but not for exchanges. Kohl's cash could be a great incentive program for customers but instead the way that it is handled is making customers furious.

I sent a payment in to my Kohl's credit card account and was very careful to make sure that it had the correct account number written on my check. Still, Kohl's applied the balance to another family member's account. When I pointed out their error, the customer service staff were incredibly rude and refused to take off the charges that had accrued on my account as a result of their error. Frankly, I think this should be against the law if it isn't. Do not get a credit card account with Kohl's!

For Christmas my wife purchased a $100.00 gift card using our Kohl's credit card for me (husband). I do not want to go another $100.00 in consumer debt. I tried to return the card and have the $100.00 credited back to my Kohl's account. Kohl's policy is now I own a $100.00 gift card and now $100.00 further in debt. We thought maybe let's buy some sheets for our king size bed, bad idea they were $99.99 to use up the gift card. Bad idea, I checked online with Amazon, the same sheets were $64.99 delivered. Looks like I am stuck with this gift card. I can understand if it was a gift from someone else but this is my account it was purchased with. I am closing my Kohl's account and will never do business with Kohl's again and will go out of my way to discourage anyone from shopping at Kohl's.

I ordered a fairly expensive hoverboard for Christmas for my 11 year old son. It was delivered to our back door in its original packaging & appeared to be new. I hid it & then wrapped it on Christmas Eve. The box stayed in a closet at our home, untouched by anyone in my household (my son was out of town the week before Christmas anyway). On Christmas morning, he opened the hoverboard and was really excited until we noticed scratches all over it. The plastic on the bottom was ground down as though a 250 pound person rode it in a parking lot every day for a year. There was grass in the label. I was mortified.

I have NEVER paid full price for a completely second hand item. I was instructed to return it to my local Kohl's, which I did. It could take a few days for the money to be returned to my account. So, now, on the day after Christmas, my son doesn't have a hoverboard & I don't have the money to go buy him a new one. I was wrong for trusting Kohl's & will never do so again. We have been cheated & all we get back is our money... But not right now... It's gonna be a while. Screw you Kohl's.

I got married and received many items at our wedding, we actually received a few duplicate gifts like a juicer from Kohl's that was $329. So of course we didn't want to ask our friends for the receipt so when we went to return it for store credit and get what we wanted. We were told that because of the amount of the item that they could not issue us merchandise credit in store and that it would have to be issued from the corporate office (I guess because of loss prevention measures, which I understand). So we had to give them a picture ID and our address for the return and 2 weeks later we received an envelope from the corporate office and inside was a gift card (merchandise credit) for $358.04 ($329.99 plus tax of $28.05) so now we were able to get what we wanted.

So after receiving the merchandise credit for $358.04, my wife went on a little shopping spree and got many things for our house. So after her shopping spree she decided that instead of keeping the other $329.99 juicer she would rather have the store credit so we took the juicer and a few other items back - the juicer $329.99, Calphalon 11-piece ceramic cookware set $349.99 and a toaster over $59.99. At first we looked for something in store that we could do an exact price exchange for like a Samsonite suitcase that was $349.99 (not many items in Kohl's that are $349.99) but we were about to go on our delayed honeymoon so we thought we would just exchange it for the suitcase that we saw online.

But they didn't have it in the particular store we were at in Raleigh, NC so we went ahead and returned the other items - the juicer and toaster oven (which we knew they would have to mail us the merchandise credit) and decided to hold on to the Calphalon set to go exchange it for the Samsonite luggage at another Kohl's in Raleigh which was only 8 miles away from the Kohl's we were at. (There are 9 Kohl's in a 30 mile radius in Raleigh.) So when we arrived at the other Kohl's they did not have the Samsonite either so we searched around for something in Kohl's that was exactly $349.99 (because of their policy) and since we couldn't find a item priced at $349.99 that we wanted we decided it would be easier to just return it and get the merchandise credit and order it online.

So to recap, we just returned 2 items at one store and went to another to see if they had the luggage we wanted (due to the fact that you have to do an even exchange and can't pay extra or exchange for more than 1 item). So if it wasn't for us trying to find the luggage at another store close by we would have returned all 3 at the one store. So we received the 2 merchandise credits from the first return in the mail and they gave us 1 card for $358.04 ($329.99 plus tax of $28.05) and the 2nd card for $65.09 ($59.99 plus tax $5.10). Now we thought the other card for $379.74 ($349.99 plus tax $29.75) would arrive the same day since we returned it the same day as the other two, but it didn't.

So 2 weeks pass and still no card and in this time frame, my boss invites us to his daughter's graduation party and for a graduation gift I thought it would be nice to give her one of the Kohl's gift cards we received. And to make an impression we gave her the big one of the two, the $358.04 one. (That way it didn't look weird giving her one for $65.04, lol!) If it was for $358.04 they would just be blown away at the amount vs. saying, "$64.05? That's a weird number." But here's where the story gets bad. I come to work one day (about a 4 days after my boss' daughter's graduation party) and my boss says to me, "Hey buddy, just wanted to say thanks again for giving my daughter that huge gift card, that was very generous of you and you really didn't have to do that." And I said, "It was our pleasure, I remember getting ready for my first year of college and it can be quite expense just buying things for your dorm room or apartment."

And he says, "It sure can! But hey, my daughter went to Kohl's and tried to use the card and the lady at the register said that she needed to call the 1-800 number and that there was a problem with the card. So my daughter called and they told her that there was a freeze on the card and that they needed to talk to me" and I told him that I was very sorry and that I would get to the bottom of this. First off, I can't begin to explain how embarrassing that was and second I was now very upset especially since I still had not received our other card.

So when I called I got questioned about why I had so many returns in a short period of time with no receipt and I told them it was because I just got married and didn't have the receipts and did not want to call my friends and family to ask for them. And they asked me why and that it wouldn't be embarrassing for them and then they asked why I had returned 2 items at one store and then made another return 2 hours later at another store. And I explained to them that they had a terrible policy of having to exchange the item for something else in the store of the exact same price and not a penny higher or penny lower and that I was trying to exchange for a Samsonite piece of luggage and they didn't have it at the one store and that hopefully they had it at the other Kohl's 8 miles away and when they didn't, I just opted to return it and get the store credit instead.

But they weren't buying my story and just kept grilling me as if I was some kind of thief. So then they informed me that if I didn't come up with the receipts that they were not going to reactivate the cards and even better that they were not going to send me my items back. So this got me very upset and in the meantime I went to Kohl's and bought a $400 gift card to give to my boss' daughter to save myself the embarrassment, but now I went from giving her a gift that cost me nothing to spending $400 of my own money. Now I had to call my friends and family and ask if they could send me the receipts for the items I had returned (embarrassment Number 2). So one of my friends sent me the receipt for the item (which I felt bad for returning his gift and also felt bad for creating work for him of having him mail me the receipt since he lives in another state).

Now here goes the good part, my friend who bought me the juicer, when I asked him if he could send me the receipt for the juicer he bought me from Kohl's he told me that he didn't buy it from Kohl's and that he found the same exact juicer they sold at Kohl's (same brand, model, etc. - identical) 25% cheaper online and that he could email me the receipt. So when I called Kohl's back up and told them that I had one of the receipts and that the other juicer wasn't even bought from their store and sent them the receipt and link of where my friend purchased it. So I told them that I would like my merchandise credit for the one and for them to send my other juicer back so I could return it back to the online store of where it was purchased and where I had a receipt to.

And this is the greatest part of the story, they told me that if I could not produce a receipt of where it was purchased from Kohl's that they were not going to send it back. And we argued back and forth and the end result was they deactivated my 2 merchandise credits they sent me and never sent the third one and kept all 3 of my items (the juicer $329.99, Calphalon 11-piece ceramic cookware set $349.99 and a toaster over $59.99). They basically stole the items from me after grilling me and me having a answer for all of their tough questions (and answers that made a ton of sense and making them realize they have a flaw in their system). But I can't tell you the hell they put me through, from the embarrassment and humiliation they caused me, calling me a thief (when I have a job as a financial advisor), costing me money ($400 I had to cover for my boss' daughter) and to top it all off they stole 3 of my wedding gifts.

So Kohl's return policy of high priced items or when you have over $300 dollars in returns with no receipt is a horribly structured policy. I understand that there are some people out there that these policy were made for, but me proving to them that I was just married and them not accepting the fact that people get gifts and that a red flag popped up on me when I made a return at another store 8 miles away and because of their exact price exchange policy that I went to the other store to see if they had a specific item or more items (because the 2nd store I went to was bigger than the 1st - one story building vs. 2 story building in a bigger/busier part of town) I just want my items back and can not believe that they can get away with not having to send the item back to the person.

I called Kohl's today because according to FedEx the item was delivered, but I did not get it. FIRST I did call FedEx and they said I had to call Kohl's. The man I spoke to had the nerve to tell me the following: maybe my husband was hiding it, I should open my eyes and go outside and look on the porch, maybe the driver hid it somewhere, I should walk around my neighborhood and see for I can find it. He even said to call the post office, why would I do that if it was sent via FedEx. I said that this is not how Kohl's treats its customers and he said well it is. So I paid for something I don't have and won't get and they will not do anything about it. The nerve of them to treat me that way! I did call back again and did a live chat and basically got the same thing, they don't care and aren't doing anything about it.

I purchased a vacuum listed at $299.00 on the website via online/phone purchase. I was promised a 30% discount using promo TURKEY30. I was also promised an additional 15% discount for being a veteran and using promo VETERAN. When I received my statement I was not given the veteran's discount. I was charged a higher tax rate than our address. The difference paid and the promise given was an additional $57.86. Kohl's has since said they are not honoring my veteran's discount and could care less and I will pay a higher tax rate and an interest rate of $1.99 if I didn't pay up immediately.

Kohl's charges for each pair of panties, even though they are bundled in packages of 3 or 5 etc. I wrote company complaining a 2 page letter, they did nothing. I wrote Better Business, they again did nothing. I have never seen a store charge for each pair of panties or socks that come in bundles. What a scam. It does not feel like Kohl's cares about customers' concerns at all. Very unhappy.

Ordered from Kohl's the morning of 12/15/16. Said would be delivered between 12/20 & 12/22. Sent me email confirming shipment on 12/18. After a few days I checked UPS tracking info: shipping label not even created until 10:30PM on 12/19. Worst part is it's 12/21, order not yet shipped and no explanation as to why. Call customer service. Speak with Miss Congeniality Pakistan. To make a long story short, she finally tells me my order has been cancelled. Great. I go online and find same gift cheaper elsewhere and order it to arrive after Christmas. Next day UPS delivers 1/2 of order from Kohl's (the order that had not been yet shipped).

Now I have to return at my expense after speaking with USA customer service (which I had to request special access to from Rasheed **). This whole debacle could have been avoided by not exposing me to 3rd world customer service who doesn't know what they're doing and further more doesn't care. I thought I was being smart by ordering this gift from Kohl's. I thought they would be a reliable source. I could not have been more wrong. I will never order anything from Kohl's again.

I ordered a ring from Kohl's on Nov. 23. My tracking information showed that it would be delivered to me on Dec. 2. On Dec. 2, when I did not receive the package, I checked the tracking info again. It showed in tracking that a label had been created, but it appeared the package had never left Kohl's shipping department. I immediately got online and did the live chat session. I asked the attendant why was the package still sitting there when it was due to arrive to me that day. She looked into it and told me that my order had been canceled for some unknown reason by Kohl's. I was really upset that they had canceled my ordered, but the payment was deducted from my banking account. But, at that time I did still have time to get the ring if they would fix this error.

The attendant told me that they would have to issue a refund for the order and that I would need to place another order for the ring. She then explained that it would take 7 days to receive the refund. I started to panic, knowing that would put me around Dec. 9, being able to place the order again. She advised me to speak with a customer service agent and gave me the number. I did call and talk to an agent. Absolutely no help at all. And honestly, somewhat abrupt to my situation. He told to just place another order (which I would have to pay for the item again) and I would get my original $823.00 credited back to my account in the 7 days. Thank God I did not!!! Because it is Dec. 22 and I have yet to receive my money back... I have done numerous chat sessions and each time the attendant would look into it and tell me to rest assured that I would get my money credited back. And always asking for me to be patient.

In the meanwhile, a package did come from Kohl's around Dec. 7 or 8th. I was somewhat amazed that it did come since I had been told my order had been canceled and I did not place another order for it. But... I was happy... at least I was happy until I opened the box. I opened to box only to find a packing slip for the ring. No Ring. No Ring Box. No Anything... just a packing slip. Now, needless to say, all kind of thoughts were running through my head, but I tried to remain calm and I got back online and told another attendant what I had received. Again, I was told that I was to receive a credit for the item and to just be patient. Each attendant was very nice, other than the one I spoke with on the phone. But, unfortunately, I still have not gotten this resolved.

My last conversation was Tuesday, Dec. 20, with the live chat. And still, I'm being told the credit is being issued. But I was also told that Kohl's was waiting a response from the vendor. Not sure why I was told this. I made the purchase from Kohl's. The issue between Kohl's and its vendor should not be my problem. Kohl's should make this right, and then resolve any vendor issue without me suffering. This was a Christmas gift, and I am down to the wire. I have to go out and make a purchase to replace it, and Kohl's is dragging their feet getting me my money back. I have never encountered such an issue in my entire life. I just can't see it being that hard to resolve this problem.

I'm furious and will never order one thing from Kohl's again. And more than likely, never step foot into one of their stores. This has been a pure nightmare... and all I am getting is "Please be patient." I've been more than patient. Stayed in contact with them to be sure it didn't slide through the cracks. Since this was a good sum of money, I have no choice but to pursue legal action. WOW. Thank you Kohl's for such a great experience.

Since 2007, I have had 2 Kohl's credit cards. 1 for everyday use and the other for Christmas only. I hide my Christmas credit card and went to Kohl's to make my Christmas purchases on Dec 21, 2017. When I went to check out, I told them that I had 2 accounts and that I misplaced my Christmas credit card. No problem they said. "We can look it up." They called corporate office and explained that I had 2 accounts. Corporate said that was impossible, they only authorize 1 account per person. Mind you almost 10 years I have been using these accounts. Balance $0.00. Corporate at that time when they found that I did have 2 accounts for the past almost 10 years Closed My Christmas account and refused to let me purchase my things on that card, saying that it was a CORPORATE MISTAKE and it had to be closed!! REALLY!!! So they closed the account and I left without my Purchases.

The Staff at the Central Park location in Fredericksburg, Va were Great. They completely understood and felt horrible about what had just happened. I GET PENALIZED FOR SOMETHING I'VE HAD FOR 10 YEARS and USED MANY TIMES BECAUSE THEY MADE A 10 YEAR MISTAKE. I will pay off my everyday used account and will close that account as well. Honestly, I don't feel that I was treated fairly!!! NOT A VERY GOOD POLICY!!! Who are they to say you can only have 1 Account? If you make your payments who cares how many accounts you have!! 2 cards worked for me, I always had that extra Christmas account to fall back on to help others in need at the Holidays!! THANKS SCROOGE aka Kohl's!!

I got a Kohl's credit card because I was drawn in by their sales and rewards my friend was always talking about. I went to use it for the first time today to buy some learning toys for my preschool. The toys were marked 50% off plus I got a 20% extra promotional discount. What a deal I thought. After I bought my items I went online to compare since I was new to Kohl's system. To give you an example I bought a game that was originally priced at $29.99 for 50% off plus the 20% discount ending up at around $12.00, great deal, right? I go online and that's around the price Target sells it full price. It was that way for each item. They marked them way up then reduced them and then gave an extra discount and ended up about the same price as other stores normal prices. I am taking it all back even though it's more work for me because I don't want to buy from a business that is shady like this.

This is to inform you that my first experience shopping with Kohl's will be the last one as well. I received my order on time approximately a week ago. Last night as I was ready to wrap my Christmas present I realized that the Makeup Explosion Train Case that I order was not in the box; instead there was OBSESSION COLOGNE FOR MEN.

When I called 866-887-8844 the first person did not even tried to help, he asked me to go to a nearest store and return the item and that he will cancel my order so I could get the credit for it. I was not satisfied therefore I called again. The second time I called a lady name Besabell didn't even got close to help me when she heard how frustrated I was, turned to be rude and she transferred me to the satisfaction survey. Of course I took the survey and picked one as completely unsatisfied.

On my third call I spoke to Victor who all through my frustrations listened to me and explained that my desired item was not in stock anymore. He offered a refund to my card in the next week? HOW TERRIBLE THIS COULD BE? What did I do wrong? What I didn't do so this could have been a smooth transaction? You guys messed up my girl Christmas. I am completely disgusted doing business with KOHL's.

This holiday season I have place numerous orders online, inputting online coupons and rewards, however each time after finalizing the confirmation email shows I intact paid full price for all items, no discounts or rewards, went towards my purchases. Now it is in fact going to take me longer in their return line than it would of to shop the store. BUYERS BEWARE.

I ordered 9 items as Christmas gifts for my nieces and nephews. I got one package containing 3 items by UPS Dec. 7. Found out that the rest of my order had been broken up into 4 packages and sent in the mail. All labeled incorrectly and returned to sender. So I call 3 times before I find out that I have to place a new order, pay AGAIN for the order and once the return to sender items get restocked and a return order placed I will get refunded. I would lose my Kohl's cash discount I paid with and the online discount code I used! I pitched a fit, got a supervisor who added the discounts back in, but I STILL had to front the money and watch for a refund.

They made the mistake, but I have to pay to fix it! That is WRONG! I will not use their online service again! What company makes a mistake and charges their customers for it? He could see in the notes with the tracking what had happened. Poor customer service from a company who needs to remember they wouldn't be in business without their customers. They lost one today.

My order kept getting cancelled by Kohl's for no reason, it happened at least 4 times in the past few weeks. It's really annoying. I had to call in to replace the orders. Some were taken care of (although I had to waste a lot of time), but most recently I ordered a sweater, and it got cancelled again. When I called in (I talked to someone named Mesha), she said I could replace the order, but said I could not get the same discount if I try to order the same item. She said she talked to her supervisor already about it but she could not give me the same discount.

Upon requesting to speak to her supervisor, she said the supervisor (named Anna) is on the phone. I waited for about 20 min. When I asked her supervisor is still on the phone, I did not get any response. She was ignoring me. I said I'm writing a bad review online, after which she immediately started talking to me and said I could get the same discount. She had been lying to me. I eventually was able to reorder with the same discount but it was a horrible experience. I felt I was played by the customer representative with her lies.

Where to begin? Barb ** at the Newark store was absolutely incredible. Being out shopping for 3 weeks and visiting multiple stores has been taxing. That being said, today, we had to return a drone type product that my husband bought that was defective. Neither one of us really wanted to go to Kohl's a week before Christmas because we've been shopping there long enough to know that the line to check out is ALWAYS 4 miles long. Which is awesome for Kohl's and hope the business continues to thrive. The line was long and she opened up to help us. Even got my husband to open an account, which is something I've not been able to do for years. She was extremely helpful and very informative.

By far, the best, most accommodating store employee I've met thus far during the Christmas season. I will continue to shop at the Newark Kohl's merely because I know if I have an issue, Barb ** is there to assist me. Great job Kohl's management for hiring such a thoughtful and helpful individual. An individual. Not an employee. She made my experience so great that I will continue to shop at your store. Barb **. My reason is because of her desire.

I placed an order a few weeks ago and received the wrong item. I wanted to exchange it for the right item and it has proven to be incredibly frustrating. Since this has happened, I have had to go through two chats, two visits to the store, and two phone calls and still ended up having to pay more than I initially did just to get it corrected. (Originally, it cost $20 and I received $2 back. I had to pay for it again when they ordered it on the phone for $15 -- so with what I've received back versus what I had to pay again, I've paid $13 more for the same set of goods. I had redeemed the Kohl's Cash on a subsequent order and I understand the return policy of Kohl's that it needs to be deducted so people aren't pocketing artificial dollars, but in this case I'm penalized for doing a flat exchange).

Throughout this process I was assured the store could do this for me and if not to call back. There are multiple incident numbers in my name and I was told my account was notated I would get the full refund/equal exchange. This is terrible customer service and I am reluctant to order from Kohl's again. Had it been my mistake and I had ordered the wrong size or color, I would accept responsibility for it. Kohl's is not doing the same and has penalized me financially for their error. I have never had such a frustrating customer experience and I am astounded by the little that anyone seems to be able to do to correct this.

I ordered a Dallas Cowboy ornament during the Black Friday sale and it was broken in 3 pieces when I received it. I called Kohls.com CS and the person who helped (or didn't help) told me I needed to take the item back to my local store and told me 3 times my store would have a replacement item for me. The reason I questioned him 3 times was because we live in California and they typically don't carry Dallas Cowboy items. Of course when we get there, nope, not only did they NOT have the item, they and any nearby store never ordered the item. Yup, just like I thought.

I also placed an ordered for over $100 of Keurig coffee on Cyber Monday. The order was split into 2 deliveries and on the second, I received a pair of $60 shoes with my 2 boxes of coffee. The shoes weren't on the invoice, so if I was not the honest person I am, I could have kept them and sold them and made money. When I told the CS rep about the shoes in the same conversation about the ornament, there was no "thank you" for telling us, he told me I also needed to take them to a Kohl's store.

So I had to wait 15-20 minutes in a Kohl's return line for an online order issue that WASN'T my fault. So stupid. The CS rep at the store told me I then needed to call Kohls.com to get another ornament sent to us. Easier said than done. The first person needed me to repeat the same thing at least 4 times and then got sarcastic with me telling me she needed my cooperation for solve this problem. I then asked for a supervisor and was transferred to another rep who wouldn't transfer me to a supervisor without giving her ALL my information. At that point, NO I didn't want to give her my email address and asked for a supervisor AGAIN. I then got hung up on but was transferred to a survey where she got the worst survey possible.

I called back AGAIN and asked right away to talk to a supervisor and to my surprise, was transferred right away. What??? He didn't need all my info which means the previous rep was just being a total witch. I finally talked to a nice supervisor who told me that all the calls were recorded so he would find the reps that treated me so badly and they would be talked to. He then apologized a couple times and sent me the item at a discount with free expedited shipping.

It honestly takes A LOT to upset me and I was in shock that 3 different CS reps treated me so horribly. I will be calling corporate on Monday to further file a complaint because as it stands right now, I will never shop Kohls.com again. When I called the first time, I was expecting to get a return label or something for the broken item and the shoes that I never paid for or ordered. We shop online especially around this time as the stores are SO busy. Kohl's really needs to do an overhaul on the online CS. I would have given them a 0 stars if it was possible.

Last month I ordered online a $35.00 gift card for a 12-year-old girl, who is a relative. I paid for the card through my Discover card, and the gift card was sent to this girl and an email confirmation sent to me. When I saw the girl this evening at a family gathering, she said she had not received the card. Later, her mother told me she had "suddenly discovered" Kohl's email. Suspecting that perhaps the mother had spent the gift money meant for the girl, I called Kohl's customer service and asked for the status of the gift card, but was told they couldn't tell me anything, and that I'd have to talk with the recipient (the 12-year-old) as to the status. I explained that I had paid for the card, I'm the customer, and the account is in my name. It didn't matter. The rep would tell me nothing. I will never again purchase another gift card from Kohl's; in fact, I'll never shop there again.

I called a few weeks ago about a price match with an item I had already received from Kohl's and the current online price. It took a few minutes to get a live person on the line, but the lady was super nice and said it would take a few minutes to get it all sorted out. I advised I was in a hurry and I could just call back. I had the item and order # and price difference, etc. on hand and it was all discussed w/ her. I wrote down all the numbers we discussed. She said she would be happy to sort through it all and call me back shortly, to which I replied, "that would be great!" That was a few weeks ago and shame on me I forgot to write down the date that I called, with all the other information I had written down. I sat down this am to pay my Kohl's bill and realized she had never returned my call.

I called customer service today and the 1st question I asked when I got someone on the phone was, "what notes do you have in the system from my previous phone call?" They had no record of me calling, i.e.: no notes, no record, nothing. I re-explained the situation and she said she'd need to connect me with another department. I went through the entire conversation all over again, with someone I had a really hard time understanding. She connected me with someone else, who ultimately said she was going to connect me with her supervisor. I asked if that would be an immediate connection b/c at this point I had been on the phone for 55 minutes and was tired of retelling my story and being switched to different departments. She assured me it was an immediate connection.

20 minutes of waiting went by and I decided to call from another phone line. I got online with another person and started all over. I let her hear that I was still on hold with Kohl's on another phone line - still waiting for that "immediate connection" with a supervisor. 1 hour 25 minutes and 40 seconds into my original phone call, it just disconnected and started making a busy signal. I told the girl I was on the phone with at the time and let her hear what was now a busy signal. She was sorry just like everyone else that I talked to, but no action was being taken. I was so so so frustrated. However, a service guy was at my house and commented to me, "you are the most patient woman I know. If I was on that phone call I'd be cussing them out." This was b/c you could obviously tell I was frustrated but I was trying really hard to keep being nice. I just wanted some resolve.

So then, surprise surprise, she connected me with her supervisor, who said they had no record of my original call and now it's past the 14 day adjustment date, so one thing he did know for sure was that there was absolutely no way at all that I would get an adjustment. He said he would get the IT department to look into and see if they could trace a call. I asked him what would happen when the IT department found the call? He said he would be sure that customer service gets more training, but if they gave me an adjustment it would open up the door for the policy to be broken on other customers as well and they just won't do that.

Are you kidding me? I will NEVER shop at Kohl's again. Oh, and the 2nd phone call was 1 hour and 2 minutes. So a total of 2 hours and 27 minutes spent dealing with this today. Lesson learned! A customer lost for life over $49.93.

I purchased an iHome Bluetooth with cash from Kohl's but misplaced the receipt. Due to a policy change instituted after Thanksgiving "premium" electronics cannot be returned without a receipt. The package was not opened and in perfect condition. What kind of store would change a refund policy right before Christmas? I'm out at least $31.99 and have a product I don't want.

Kohl's Company Profile