1.29/5

Last updated: April 18, 2018

1250 Kohl's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

Went to Kohl's in Victorville around 10:30 am. They supposedly are open but you would never know it with the amount of workers, I looked all over. Nobody in any dept throughout the store to help. Felt like I was in some twilight zone movie. It was so empty and lacking of workers. They called at front desk and nobody ever came. Very bad service. If they cannot afford to hire workers then they should just close up!

Original review: April 18, 2018

Last Fri., I paid 200+ on my Kohl's cc to pay it off. I did this online. I never received a confirmation, or a text or an email, saying that I paid. I went back online to my account 4 days in a row, did not show payment. So the next Tuesday, I went online and made a payment again, because I did not want to get a late fee. Immediately got an email, saying I had made a payment. Well, today, Wed., both payments came out of my bank account and caused me an overdraft of 35.00. I called and talked to Kohl's customer service. They said they could not put the money back on my credit card, they would have to mail me a check, which will take 2 weeks. As soon as I receive the check (for the now credit balance on my Kohl's Credit Card), I will not be shopping at Kohl's ever again. I am very disappointed in their customer service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 18, 2018

I placed an order with Kohl's online. Got an error message that my order did not go through, needless to say I tried 5 times to correct the "errors"! Lo and behold they charged my account 5 times and I do not have an order confirmation. Customer service and the manager of customer service would not help me to correct these charges. I was told I have to wait the week , receive the product then return them for a refund as I missed the 30 minute window to cancel my order. I am beyond aggravated with this store. The customer service rep. told me they changed their software and were having difficulties all day, but they tried to blame me the error. NEVER will I shop at Kohl's again!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I bought a pair of jeans for $50.00. There was a promotion when I bought them, buy one pair for $50.00, get another for 1/2 off. Well, I didn't have time to find another pair in my size, so I just bought the one pair at $50.00. Well, at the time, I didn't look at my receipt, but right away on the receipt it says return value $37.50. So, even though I didn't buy two pairs of jeans, they would only give me back $37.50 when I returned them. That is a total scam. I shouldn't be forced to do a promotion, it should be my choice. It is truly sad that a store has to find ways to scam their good customers. Goodbye Kohl's, never again.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I paid the bill with cash in store. Two months later I get hit with a low credit score. By then I'd thrown away the receipt. Never throw away your receipts! Why didn't they email me or send letters about the "unpaid" balance? I had to pay the same bill twice plus late 2 fees! On top of that, when I used their automated payment system, it hadn't told me the correct amount to be paid. The following day I had a late fee. I talked to so many people and they were all unhelpful. They refused to write to the credit bureau and they've taken so much money from me at this point. I canceled my charge card. BEWARE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: April 16, 2018

They have untrained customer representatives as they do not know how to handle the customer's call and give wrong information to customers. Lack of knowledge of company policies. The Kohl's whole database system is worst as it keeps cancelling the order placed by the customers even the customers place orders frequently. So, the customer has to call every time after placing an order which is tedious and waste of time. And if you call the customer service for this problem, the only thing they say is,'we do not know about it, it's not us, it's the system'. Who controls the system then?

I understand security issue but once the customer talks to the fraud department, the problem has to be resolved for next time, and the order placement should be smooth but, NO, in case of Kohl's it's the same. The customer has to call every time because the order gets cancelled every time. I am not a native speaker myself so, I understand the accent thing. I really respect the fact they are not-native speakers but they are rude and sometimes, they do not understand the problem of the customers. Sometimes, I feel like my problem has not been addressed well. Worst experience.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Purchased an item for $52.08, received a bill for that amount with a due date of 4/11/18. I returned the item on 3/28/18 leaving a zero balance. The same day I purchased an item for $40.17. Received my new bill today 4/16/18 with a $15.00 late charge. Kohl's explanation "I didn't make a minimum payment." They don't consider a credit to be a payment. The only way they agreed to remove the late charge was if I paid my new bill today. I did pay it and cut up the credit card. Will not shop at Kohl's again.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Kohl’s just isn’t the place for me. I’d rather go to the Goodwill. All the shoes for sale look used or worn at least a few times and returned. They don’t have good brands and a poor selection in all departments. Also, they overcharge for crappy brands. I’d rather pay more at Von Maur or go to their sale rack because the stuff looks new and is in order.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Kohl's customer service is horrible. They cut off your online account access, if you are late with your payment, which is insane. They refuse to allow you to pay your bill online if you're late, so how can you pay you ask? You must pay by phone or go in the store, and every CSR that answers the phone will only accept your credit card information to pay your bill over the phone. Online access is only for "certain" customer. Trust me, they are not worth the headache, go to MACY's. I called Customer Service a total of 5 times, and spent over 2 1/2 hours on the phone, and I still have not paid my bill because the Kohl's CSR refuse to assist me.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Customer Service is located out of the United States and hard to communicate with. Tried to return a damaged computer desk, It took three weeks of phone calls to them, promises of callbacks that never happened, and finally only picked up one of the packages. Took another week to get the second package finally picked up. I was lied to, talked down to, one even said he was in Mexico City and couldn't do anything. All has been documented and I filed with BBB also.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I was visiting family in Buffalo (December) and we were out shopping at a Kohl's... I saw a shirt that I liked, and used my Kohl's charge card to buy it, a little under $20. Since I always keep my balance at $0, I paid online when I got home. I normally paid through my bank, but used the Kohl's site this time. In February I got an e-mail from Kohl's about a yearly privacy statement and a new balance due.

So I called Kohl's, a rep said it happens all the time, he could see where I logged in to pay but didn't go through the 2nd or 3rd payment confirmation... "People complain about this all the time," he said. So, he reversed the late fees, my payment was made, I thought I was good. Then my credit rating tanked, turns out they reported me 90 days late. After numerous phone calls and letters, they still refuse to work with me. Ridiculous. I've spent thousands of dollars there, I'm sure one customer never shopping there again won't hurt Capital One, but at least I feel better possibly saving someone else the trouble of going through this.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Purchased three 4-piece Fiesta dinnerware sets online from Kohl's. Dinnerware set stated free gift with purchase. I was not aware I was supposed to pick a free item. Thought the free items would be added to my order so when I received my order, no free gift was included. Called Kohl's online and because my order was delivered, no gift can be sent. So I'm out of three free gifts, a total of 30 dollars.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Kohl's decides to cancel my first (and last) online order for no logical reason besides them thinking it is fraud because it is the first time I place an order for them. So there goes my time wasted online shopping. They want me to call a number... I don't think so. You lost a customer and potential recurring buyer and I can care less.

Original review: April 1, 2018

Do not buy any of the Vera Wang purses at Kohl’s. I bought a red purse there not more than a couple of years ago. I put it in my closet and basically forgot I had bought it. I got it off of my shelf today in my closet thinking I could take it to church tomorrow and this is what I found. See pictures. I’ve never used it at all, still has the plastic over the Vera Wang logo and paper stuffed inside when I bought it. It’s totally cracked all over and can never be used. I’m sure I got it on sale but they aren’t cheap prices on these Vera Wang bags. I’ll never buy a purse at Kohl’s again and I have been a regular shopper for years now.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I attempted to place an order online today like I’ve done hundreds of times. My password didn’t work so I requested an email link to change my password. The new password didn’t work either. I tried many times throughout the day and changed the password many times but I was never able to login. Tonight I called customer service and spoke to someone who said he emailed a link. I hung up. Tried the link to change my password but it didn’t work. I called again and got the same apology and assurance I would receive a emailed link to change my password. I got an email from Kohl's thanking Gerry?? For his underwear order. That really angered me so I called again. This guy apologized, said he could see the order and deleted it. He then said he was closing my account and setting a new one up.

I hung up and got an email saying per my request my account was updated and my email address was changed! I didn't change my email. Ok, I called again, this time a woman answered. Apologized but this time she told me many customers had been having trouble with their passwords for two days. I asked why Kohl's couldn’t tell us so we didn’t waste a day changing and retrying passwords 15 times. I also asked how I could be sure any of them were really Kohl's customer service. She put her superior on the phone, but the voice sounded the same. I was very leery by now so she transferred me to the fraud department. Up until now every one of them had spoken in broken slurred English which only added to the problem because I couldn’t understand what they promised to do to correct the problem.

The person who answered in fraud spoke alright but wasn’t any help and when he started asking for my social security number, I said no, then my account number, I said no, I lost it and hung up. If this all stemmed from a problem with customer passwords why string us along? I wasted a good part of my day. Sales have a time limit but you can’t order. Oh well...

Original review: March 29, 2018

Kohl's corporate does not know what they are doing. They cannot take any knowledge that people from their company can do the job. They have not send me a paper bill in over 19 months. They said I called to send them a e-bill instead but I never did. I called and told then I was hacked. And my email accounts and my bank they said someone being using and paying the bill. I said I had my old card from 1994 that it. They charge over 2,000. So watch out.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Kohl's has poor communication and lack of follow through. I started missing my payment date and was charged 37 dollars which was 10 dollars more than the payment. That was back in September and they just now decided to report that I was 30 days late which dropped my credit score 100 points! I made arrangements with them prior to them doing this. As of tonight my account is paid in full and I will be closing my account. I was always told that "the customer is always right".

Original review: March 28, 2018

Do wish I could have found someone in bedding to help me with my Pillow purchase. Had to go to service counter. While they did help still unable the size pillow I was looking for.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I ordered two thin weight sweaters online and took advantage of several discounts. I indicated that I wanted them shipped to my home and the shipping and handling came up to almost 18.00-I cancelled the order. Later in the day, I ordered the same two sweaters without any discounts and the shipping and handling came to 8.00. There should not be a difference in the shipping and handling regardless of the discounts you use.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Extremely happy with value and ease of return, if necessary. Their product is good and lasts and children's clothing is excellent.

Original review: March 24, 2018

When checking out at Kohl's I noticed a sign that said "Get 30% off your purchase today when you open a Kohl's account." I go through the process of getting approved for the account and as the transaction is being completed I'm told that the 30% discount doesn't apply to Levi's products. Ok, well maybe your sign should have some time type of qualifier, something as simple as (Not available of all products/brands). I call Customer Service and they can't do anything about it, all they could tell me was the products on the website are marked appropriately - well so what, I called you about the problem at the store. I cancelled my account.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Kohl's used to be my favorite store but in the last couple of years, they have gone downhill. The merchandise is often frumpy and slanted toward the Hispanic population. Displays are not neat and often my size is not available. Coupon offers not as valuable and now I hear that they will be reducing inventory. I would love to see them return to their high quality or I will stop shopping there altogether.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Returns - After my mother bought me a purse and my daughter jeans we didn't like and wanted to exchange for something different. Not knowing they have changed their policy and knowing my mother in law spent over $100 all we got in exchange for store credit was $31!!! I am absolutely disgusted that they 1- Can take my mother in law's money and not even give store credit in exchange! I'm not asking for cash!!! Last Christmas my mother in law bought me a beautiful Vera Wang purse but wasn't really my style, returned it at Kohl's and (my mother in law spent $60) they gave me store credit for full value which was almost $200!!! This is by far the WORST change and now the worst store! I honestly cannot believe they are allowed to rip off their customers like this! #BoycottKohls

Original review: March 22, 2018

The employees were very helpful and courteous. I also found them to be happy and positive, they guided me to different parts of the store, showed me the men's dressings room and made me feel good about shopping there.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Kohl's always has a great selection of items and the prices are reasonable. They are always busy when I shop there and open other registers to make your wait shorter. Great store.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have ordered twice from Kohls.com, both times I've had issues. The first time I ordered Solitaire Earrings, when I received them one earring was bigger than the other. I figured Hey mistakes happen, whatever I’ll just return them. The second time I ordered 5 panels of curtains, when I received them it only had 4. I called and they would not send me the one they had left out after I had already paid for it! They literally wanted me to pay for another one right then over the phone, and then give me a credit on my account, No thank you, that is the LAST time I ever order from Kohls.com.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I was able to get a placemat for 59 cents instead of $6.99 which was the regular price. I always find bargains at the closeout shelves, that is how I gather my decorating material for each month. I decorate my table, three buffets and coffee table for almost pennies on the dollar by using the sales.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Kohl's always has coupons and good and holiday sales. Their products are usually top of the line and their return policy is easy and good.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I needed to return some items that I had purchased on Amazon.com. I was surprised to see that there was a free option of returning the merchandise through my participating local Kohl's store. I went through all the steps required at the point of return and received the return receipts for each returned item. I was a happy camper. After about a week, realizing that I still did not get a refund from Amazon, I started "digging in".

First, I started with the tracking numbers that were listed on the Kohl's return receipts. The tracking number was there but the carrier was not mentioned. I tried USPS, UPS, and FedEx, without any luck. Then I called Kohl's Customer Service. They had no clue about this Amazon-Kohl's joint venture and recommended me to call Amazon for further investigation. I did. Amazon's Customer Service could not find any trace of the return and ended up refunding my money as a courtesy. They indicated that Kohl's did not follow all the required processing steps. I am just curious whether any follow up has been conducted and corrective steps and/or training have been implemented.

Original review: March 18, 2018

The aisle were too narrow making it hard to get a cart through. And lines were long. Not enough clerks when I was there. Also, some products were picked over. But customer service was excellent.

Kohl's Company Information