1.56/5
Based on 244 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1294 Kohl's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

I ordered a swimsuit and the top was shipped correct then 5 days later I received the bottoms. Not only were they the wrong brand name they also had the wrong size on the tag in the bottoms and the correct size on the skew tag connected to the bottoms. I called and was told that I would have to go to the store to return the item, which if that was the case I would have just gone to the store in the first place. I have to be inconvenienced because they dropped the ball. Then I was told the correct name brand and size bottoms would be delivered next day shipping for the inconvenience. I said, "Ok that's fair enough."

Today 6/18/18, I decide to call just to follow up because I was told I would get an email and didn't. They tell me the bottoms aren't in stock! Now why would they take my credit info and go through all of this and then to boot not even contact me. I ordered this to go on a trip! I asked them if they could at least compensate with Kohl's points and was told only if I ordered online. I already stated I would not EVER order online with them again because of this mess. I asked to speak to a manager and was told there was none available. Very disappointed in how I was treated. I have been a long time customer of my local store and love it. Very poor customer relations and documentation all the way from the shipping department on up!!!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I placed an order and didn’t realize that it was shipping to my old address until I received my tracking number. I called and explained that the package hadn’t been shipped yet and that I needed to change the address. They said, "I’m sorry. It’s been over twenty minutes we cannot change the address." Long story short they wouldn’t help me and suggested that I accept the loss and reorder.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have been a loyal customer for 35 years. Last month my payment did not get made (forgot to hit the final button on electronic payment). This got reported to my credit history and caused my rating to go from excellent to good (dropped 100 points). Contacted Kohl's to have them remove it from my credit history and they said they "can't" do that. Talked to two reps who both said they can't so I cancelled my charge and told them I will never shop Kohl's again! Way to treat a customer of 35 years!!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Sent to Kohl's: "My experience with Kohl's teaches me that you are in no way competitive with companies like Amazon, Macy's, or even Target in the online sales and customer service sphere. I say this after years of ordering things online from Kohls and other companies and then dealing with the returns process from time to time. Kohl's makes it very difficult to return items (customer pays, unlike other online retailers), and almost every time the returned item is not refunded at the same price paid (your customer service says they are not able to determine why an item was not refunded at the price paid).

Frequently it is necessary for the customer to challenge the Kohl's charge with the credit card company (Amex, Chase, etc) and get them to force Kohl's to issue the proper credit. And talk about being disingenuous and customer unfriendly: when an order earns Kohl's Cash, that Cash cannot be applied to another order for several days. Recently I placed one order that earned some Cash. The next day I needed another item, put it in my Kohl's Cart and tried to apply the cash; it would not accept that cash, telling me it would be several more days before it could be used. Ridiculous. The only reason Kohl's would impose a process like that is clearly in hopes the customer will forget about the cash and it will expire unused. Should I continue? Kohl's is permanently off my list of viable online retailers."

Original review: June 8, 2018

Do NOT believe Kohl’s lies about Hassle Free returns. I'm disabled and sick and order 90% of everything on-line. Kohl’s is ALWAYS an issue and today was final straw as they refused a return I just got and when reached out to 3 levels of management I got zero response. Guess they don't work on Fridays. When the rest of my order comes it will be returned and I will never purchase from Kohl’s again!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: June 7, 2018

I placed a large online order since they have such a no hassle return policy. Well if you return a $4 item that was part $50 purchase and you received $10 Kohl's cash they will take away the whole $10 Kohl's cash you earned. And say you decide to return another item they will again take back the $10 Kohl's cash off of another return. Meaning they are making money off of you. Kohl's cash isn't a reward at all, it's how they manipulate you into paying way too much and overcharging you.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I placed order on April 20, 2018 for 5 items but I didn’t receive one of the items. So I called customer service to explain that my package is lost because I haven’t received it. After 2 months investing I still haven’t received a refund or the item I really wanted. Every time I would call I would receive promises that as soon as investigations goes through I will receive my refund. I’ve spoken with 2 supervisors and they both promise that I will eventually get a refund. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

An outdated promotional sign was not honored by one of the store managers at the Woodland Park, New Jersey store. The exact words of a Kohl’s associate, “there are continued complaints because of these expired promotional signs.” Apparently Kohl’s runs a 25 or 30% off new Kohl’s card application. The additional discount is applied to your purchase at the time of the application. This one particular sign in question was up above a double tall rack display. Meaning, there is a rack of garments approximately chest level and another rack of garments overhead. If you need to reach clothes on the top rack a long “grabber” is available to facilitate shoppers.

Unless you are a shopper that is 7 feet tall, the fine print on the bottom line of a promotional sign and mounted above the top rack is clearly not legible for a shopper of average height 5’4” and taller. To add insult to injury, the bottom 1/4-1/2” type font used on your sign is almost covered by the sign holder used. Now I ask myself, is this oversight or error of my doing? ABSOLUTELY NOT! When the manager was called by phone the cashier was clearly heard by myself, and the customer 4 feet behind me, say to whoever she was speaking to, “we have a problem with another one of those old 25% off signs.” Obviously this was not a one time incident, and they are repeated offenses.

The cashier was aware of these signs because she added, “the promotion has changed and the current offer is 30% off with the application of a new Kohl’s card application.” I regret not reaching for my iPhone, as most people do nowadays, and taking a picture of the display. I was being honest and I thought that the store would react the same way, there was nothing malicious about my intent, therefore I don’t have proof of the display. When the manager arrived, one of the store managers as he explained later, I led him to the rack where the sign was posted. I casually mentioned to him, "I don’t know whether or not you’re able to read this sign since you and I are shoulder to shoulder and obviously the same height." He leaned on one of the other racks reached up above over his head and grabbed the sign holder with the sign still in it.

He removed the cardboard sign and pointed to the fine print and said, “you see. It says it right here, this is what it means.“ I don’t know if in his simple mind he thought that pointing to these words on a cardboard would suffice, unfortunately it does not. Words mean something. In advertising words not only mean something, words are binding. If they are not binding, they are misleading and they are advertising falsely. This is what is called, “a bait and switch”, and what should be categorized as deceptive advertising. When I asked the store manager what is going to be done to resolve “my” issue and “my” purchase he said, “nothing because that’s what the sign says.”

I mentioned I was very dissatisfied and appalled that Kohl’s management would refuse to accept any accountability for this error and I would be contacting a Kohl’s Corporate office to report this incident. Much to my surprise this “sorry excuse of a manager” turned his back to me and walked away. At this point I realized that my reaching out to a corporate office went beyond an expired promotional sign, but was now riding on the disrespect this manager showed me by turning away without even an apology. Just a simple, “I’m sorry for your inconvenience, or I’m sorry for the mistake,” would have sufficed for me. I understand that certain advertisements, or certain name brands won’t allow a coupon or discount.

I read the fine print on coupons. I understand that there are certain restrictions, but I do not condone blatant disrespect. Turning your back on someone without finishing a discussion is a total sign of disrespect… It basically means I don’t want to hear what you’re saying. In this day and age of .COM shopping and iconic brick and mortar stores closing, I am stunned that a store manager would not take a more positive approach to a store error. I am even more stunned that he had such little respect for customer service. I am a retired customer service professional, having proudly worked for various Fortune 500 companies for over 27 years. Like your “managers and customer representatives”, when we leave our workplace we are someone else’s customers, and the respect that we demand should be shared with others.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I purchased a few pair of their black sateen pants. After washing and wearing the stink to high heaven. The smell is atrocious and gets worse with every wash. They are being returned and you can be sure I won't be purchasing them ever again.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Kohl's advertised free shipping ALL orders. Well, I got charged a surcharge of over $60. How is that free shipping on ALL orders? Thank goodness the item was damaged because when I returned it they told me that they only refund the surcharge on defective or damaged items. I will not be shopping at Kohl's again. This is very underhanded and misleading advertising. It didn't say all orders except those weighting ** lbs or more. Notice the amount paid is $419.47. They were only going to refund $355.87. Even the manager couldn't figure out the discrepancy at first. The charges were so well hidden. Oh, and only one box of the shipment had a packing slip attached and the bottom half to make returns was torn off.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Purchased new leather billfold with SmartPhone charger advertised to be able to be used with ALL Smartphones including 7 Plus and 8 Plus iPhones. This SmartPhone charger is being sold in multiple products in Stone & Co purses and billfolds at Kohl’s online. Found that the product is only 1800 MHz and this information was NOT listed on the website. It did not have any manual or instructions enclosed with the product - only a pamphlet that stated the product had a year warranty with spaces to be filled out for model type, serial number, date of purchase and the instructions to go to iWalk website to download manual there. Went to website and could not find the product listed anywhere as this company NO longer makes this product (it is obsolete) and had NO manual for this model either and kept saying for ANY product to have warranty coverage, a serial number from the product must be provided.

There is NO serial number on the product shipped from Kohl’s, only the model number was embossed on the back of the product & nothing else - so NO manual, NO warranty, NO possibility of product being replaced as no longer made and NO phone number to contact this manufacturer as company in China and only responded by email once in very poor English and ignored most questions asked as probably could not understand what was written!! Did charge the charger for full day and then attempted to charge my iPhone 7 Plus and watched as it DISCHARGED my battery - NOT charged as designed!

So this product is actually harmful for phones. Kohl’s is ripping off customers by advertising a product as capable of being used in phones it is clearly NOT able to handle and not informing people the product is ONLY 1800 MHz when current models of battery chargers are 10,000 MHz or better and they are jacking up the prices of these purses and billfolds beyond their actual worth.

Original review: June 1, 2018

The music is offensive and noisy which makes it hard to think so I don't go to Kohl's anymore. You really need to turn it down. Last time, Men. Falls, I walked in one door and out the other. We could not hear each other talking.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Never a problem with returning a purchase, large or small, rugs or underwear, mattresses or bedding to snuggle up in. Always a pleasant experience, even if you can’t find the original receipts.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We have had a hard time getting payments processed for our Kohl's Charge Card for years now. My wife and I share an account and when they set up the account, they recorded some of my information and some of hers. As such, whenever she goes to make a payment over the phone, they don't let her and require that she drives 40 minutes to the nearest Kohl's to pay in person. To avoid this ridiculous hassle I finally set up the Kohl's Android app on my phone so I could link it to a payment method and save her the trip.

Once the app was installed, it was incredibly difficult to actually link the charge card to my account. It kept failing at recognizing the account number. Finally, when it worked, I went ahead and set up our debit card to be used as a method of payment for our Kohl's bill. I got it all set up and scheduled a payment only to realize a month later that not only did the payment never get processed, but the app has no recollection of a payment method ever being added. So now we've completely missed a payment thanks to the incompetent development of this app and terrible system for payments. They really screwed us over good!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I love the coupons, and no exceptions. The styles are up to date even for the curvy woman. The jewelry is always very nice, good quality and priced just right.

Original review: May 29, 2018

As an MVC card holder, I have cut my card up, will pay off my balance and vow to support other local businesses, all while driving right past Kohl's. This business is unethical and will cheat you every way they can. Purchased two pairs of shoes online. Went to the store to do an exchange. They did not have my size in the store but were available online. The catch is - the shoes were no longer on sale and my 30% coupon no longer valid. I would have had to pay double for an even exchange of the same shoes - just a different size. Therefore you cannot get an equal exchange. I do believe this type of business requires a class action lawsuit. The Kohl's cash is just a marketing gimmick to get you back in the store. I hope to be taken off all future mailings for this store. Check the tags - You are supporting China not America.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I have never seen a manager so rude and disrespectful of a customer in my life. I tried to buy some dress clothes for my son at the store on rte 30 in Frankfort IL on Sunday May 27th. I had read a sign wrong and questioned the price of a shirt. First the manager told us that we should learn to read the signs, when I asked her to go look to make sure, she huffed and puffed about it... After 10 minutes of waiting for her to come back she returned and said "Oh I forgot you were here". She repeated what she said initially. I asked her if she looked at the sign, she looked me in the eyes, rolled her eyes and ignored me.

I then mentioned to my mother about misleading signs and we were told to go elsewhere by the manager... So I said, "Fine JCPenneys has nicer people and better prices anyways". The poor clerk that rang us up was very nice and looked mortified that the manager was talking to us this way. Both my mother and I have shopped at Kohl's for a long time, and now because of this manager neither of us will ever return... If you can't handle the public then don't go into retail. She should be fired for her behavior.

Original review: May 28, 2018

The store is attractive and laid out well - I can easily find what I'm looking for. It has a nice assortment of items in most all departments. There is clothing for people of all ages, including older women - that pleases me because lately, some stores seem to have only fashions for young people. Prices are affordable and merchandise is of good quality. It is a fun store to browse because there is always something new, especially seasonal items.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I purchased two pairs of jeans three months ago. They had "factory rips" in them, so I returned them by US mail. Within a month, I received credit for one pair. I have called, chatted, emailed about this problem for the last three months. They keep telling me I was credited. I keep explaining that I returned two items but was only credited for one. This is the second time they have messed up on a credit. I filed a dispute with my credit card company, and they sided with Kohl's! I am done with them both. I have given everyone all relevant information, to no avail. Consumers are being screwed.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Wanted to purchase a particular potato masher. Store did not have it but was available online. Customer service at store said no shipping charge if ordered at the kiosks, but neither store kiosk worked. Went online to purchase it, but the item was no longer available to buy.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I love shopping at Kohl's as the clothing is well made and when on sale I stick up. I also like the Kohl's Cash I get when I spend $50. Their clearance items are at a fraction of original cost where other department chains mostly take off on a couple dollars and give no other benefits like Kohl's Cash. I highly recommend shopping at Kohl's.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I love Kohl's coupons and register discounts. One helpful associate called another store to find an item that was on sale! They always have my size in shoes!!!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I am done with Kohl's and will not shop there any longer. I've had credit card with them for some years now, never late on payments. Recently, my acct has been having double ACH withdrawals and when I am trying to cancel one they don't cancel and take my money out twice. I called for them to refund my second payment and they refused to. So, I will never shop there again and I am closing this credit card account. Thank you.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have been shopping with Kohl's for years and never had any problems. Just a few year back I decided to sign up for their online experience and I have regret it since. For some reason their online system can't seem to remember my password. Each time I would reset my password, I then login, shop, then sign out. If I decide to log in within the hour or the next day with my new password,— it doesn't recognize it. This has been going on for years. I have called customer service plenty and they would reset my account to set up a NEW password (yet again) and it's the same outcome. I log in, I shop, I log out and then want to go back in the next day or hour and, BOOM! — it doesn't recognize my password.

At first I thought it was me typing it wrong—but its not. Something about their system just doesn't keep my password. I have since given up shopping with Kohl's online unless I go to the store physically (and that doesn't happen often). I'm a big online shopper with various online retailers and never had that problem— except Kohl's. This is the only online store I completely avoid now.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I find shopping at Kohl's hit or miss. I either walk out with a huge bag of stuff or empty handed. It would be nice if they had more people on the floor to help you find things, however whenever I ask an employee for help they are always helpful. The clothing quality is average, there is a wide range of styles.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Kohl's is a great place to shop, returns are very easy. If you can't find it in the store, you can go online and have it delivered to your favorite store and don't pay for shipping. Love the Kohl's cash too and the prices are great.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Their coupons and sales make for great shopping. Service is excellent as is return policy. Love the Kohl's Cares products. And at good prices they make good gifts.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Kohl's.com is the only business I'm aware of that cannot find a way to do an even exchange online. I received a broken grill and wanted the same thing only not broken. I was told that even exchanges are only available going into the store. Often I have found that the store does not have the same items available, plus it wasn't convenient for me to go in. I spent nearly an hour talking to one representative after another. They finally promised to match a new charge for a new grill to the refund amount. That didn't happen. By the time they deducted my redeemed Kohl's cash and other discounts, they refunded two dollars and change and charged me approximately 6 times that amount. They lied and they do not care. I have been told so many contradictory things by online representatives that I'm lost.

They do not want to help. And the way that Kohl's cash is handled is disgraceful: it often expires prior to receiving an order. Exchanging an item for merchant credit does not prevent the loss of Kohl's cash. Their management of reward dollars is even worse. I forgot to redeem $20 worth of rewards. Okay, that was on me and I understand their refusal to replace; however, because I'd returned items that had earned a portion of the rewards, they put me in the hole with a deficit of rewards dollars. It didn't matter that I hadn't used the reward money. Their system treats it as though they are spent regardless of whether or not they are and expects them paid back on the account. I'm going to be cancelling my card and never shopping with them again.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Kohl's is my favorite retail store. The prices are mostly fair and I really like the brand names they carry. The sales are great as are the coupons which you can use as well. The Yes2You program is very reasonable as some stores you never seem to get the reward.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Kohl's has long long lines and sales staff with no knowledge of products or prices. Have left the store many times with no purchase. I thought I would order on their website. That was even more frustrating than the store. I like a lot of their products, but I am ready to give up on Kohl’s. It shouldn’t be this hard to spend a lot of money.

Kohl's Company Information