1.14/5

1576 Kohl's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

I purchased a Lauren Conrad blouse on sale for $34.99 (reg. $44). It didn't fit right so I wanted to exchange it for another Lauren Conrad blouse that was on sale for $32.99 (reg. $44). The Customer Service employee told me that because I was exchanging an item of the same brand that had the same REGULAR price, they were going to do an "even" exchange. Except that it wasn't an even exchange because the blouse I was returning cost me $2 MORE than the blouse I wanted. In other words, they would happily exchange the blouse, but they would keep $2 of my money. Feeling like I was being scammed, I simply returned the $34.99 blouse to get the full refund I was entitled to. I will likely be canceling my Kohl's card and finding somewhere else to shop.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Was behind a month, my payment of 27.00 was raised to $127!!! Made a call and asked why it had increased by almost 6 times the amount, no answer or rationale. A few months later, same thing happened, now $192 was asked. I made the payment by date and called because a rep said once payment was given, they could remove. Instead, when I called the account was closed, making it go to collections... for paying on TIME!!! Will get their money at all measures, greedy, no respect for their customers or their contracts!!!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I initiated a refund on a Christmas gift on January 13th, followed all procedures and recommendations, and have never received any communication. I have tried dozens of times and ways to contact them, and I've never been able to speak with anyone in the corporate refund department. I have my receipt in hand, provided them with all information, etc. And 2 months later, no word and no contact in response to my numerous inquiries on their different platforms. Buyer beware. And Kohl's, you should be ashamed as a company. You do not deserve to exist in today's market, and I will be telling any and all who will listen not to waste their time, energy, breath, or thoughts on you (except to pass on my review).

Original review: March 13, 2019

We bought three pieces of luggage on Black Friday and sent the rebates in all together on one form. The form never said you had to mail them all separately. I even wrote on the form that three were enclosed. I got one $10 Visa card back and have been unable to contact anyone for help. You can't talk to a person when you call the toll free number. It is just informational recordings no matter what button you push. There is a chat button on the website but no one ever answers when you try to chat. I contacted the regular customer service by phone and by email repeatedly and got the same answer every time. You have to call the toll free number or go to the website for an answer. This whole process has been a ridiculous waste of time. They should be ashamed that can't manage the rebate responses in a better way. I am a big Kohl's fan but will never buy their rebate products again.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Purchased men’s Dockers online and had to return for a different size. Took to my local Kohl’s and asked if they would accept the return and reorder in the correct size without additional shipping charge. Answer, yes go to the kiosk, scan the item and reorder. First of all, customer service should take care of the transaction for you (as does JCPENNEY). Went through the entire process of reordering and returned to customer service for my refund on the original pair.

Well I paid $29.99 for the first pair and the same for the replacement, but only received $23.99 for the return because supposedly there was a discount applied to the first purchase. And today's price does not honor the discount! Seriously Kohl’s policy stinks. THEY NICKLE AND DIME YOU AND THAT IS PRECISELY WHY I AM A LOYAL JCP CUSTOMER. Postscript, I have purchased women’s tees that have significantly shrunk after one washing and a pair of fashion earrings that fell apart after one wearing. Consumer stay away!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have been a loyal customer/credit card holder for more than 8 years with payments on time and balances paid off early. Imagine my surprise when I received a letter today stating the following. The change to your APR for purchases is being made because your APR for purchases is LOWER than the APR for purchases we are offering today to new customers. In other words, loyalty gets you NOTHING at Kohl’s. This is pure and simple GREED. There is no other reason for the spike in my rate. My credit score is in the excellent range and I have not had any issues with paying my card.

As a customer, I find this offensive and still can't believe that they can just change my % rate for no other reason than they are hoping to make more money. Their prices are becoming outrageous but I guess that isn't enough. I plan to take my money to other stores that appreciate my loyalty. I would advise anyone to watch their credit cards with this company. GREED RUNS THIS COMPANY! BEWARE.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Without warning which I understand many companies are now doing I never got the cards in the mail! They always had to look up my account when checking out which was inconvenient. I guess I could have ordered more cards, but did not know my account was in jeopardy. They will not reopen the account, already reported it to the credit bureau, dinged my score without my knowledge. Not shopping there again.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Received a Fitbit Versa as a Christmas gift that was purchased from Kohl’s. Within the past two weeks it has required me to reset it because it won’t measure BPM, not calculating calories burned correctly, display lighting dims and then brightens and charge holding less than 24 hours. Took it back to the store last week to exchange. They had 2 Fitbits, neither one were Versa models. As it continued it up I made the decision I want to return it for a full credit on the Kohl’s card it was purchased on. Kohl’s will not take it back. Was told I needed to call Fitbit.

Fitbit can’t issue a refund because it was purchased on a Kohl’s credit card. The Versa was purchased on December 18th but I did not receive the gift until the 25th. I have had this watch for 62 days and the store won’t take it back and refund the credit card. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Called the Office of the President of Kohl’s. Let’s see if they respond with the same, "Sorry you're out $169.99!" DO NOT buy premium electronics, or anything for that matter, from Kohl's!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I placed an order and had it cancelled. I tried to call the number in the email and of course they aren't available. Hmm... You have a website that takes orders 24 hours a day, you cancel them on your end with no explanation and tell me to call, but you don't have 24-hour customer service to answer the calls to that number. Not a great plan, Kohl's. I was able to speak to someone the following day who processed my order and everything was supposed to be fine. Surprise! Surprise! My order was cancelled again. So I called again and asked her not to waste my time. But, I fell for her empty promises again and went through the whole process again and at the very end she says, "Oops! Looks like one of the items sold out." Seriously. Don't bother. If you're going to order online, look elsewhere!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

If I could rate Kohl's zero stars I would! I had ordered 8 items online at the beginning of January and had only received one of the items. When I live chatted with customer service the man I spoke with supposedly reordered the items for me but instead of reordering the 7 missing items he resent me the 1 that I had received. I have been calling customer service at least once a week to try to get me refund for these missing items that was supposedly issued to me on January 24th, ALMOST A MONTH AGO. Every time I call customer service it seems as though they are just reading off a script because they all same the exact same thing and the issue is never resolved.

Each one of them tells me that the previous person I talked to didn’t take care of the problem and that they would gladly fix it and my refund will show up in seven days, and to my surprise every seven business days when I check my account there is NO REFUND. Now I’m to the point where my bill is due and when I called to make sure I wouldn’t get an interest fee and late fee for not paying the amount that I’m waiting to be refunded they said there is nothing they can do and that I’ll have to pay to avoid any fees. I finally went into my local store today to see if there was anything they could do for me and that also was a dead end.

The lady was rude and not helpful. I work retail and know that there is always something that can be done, but I got a flat NO. She did give me a phone number to call which I was thrilled about, hoping that would get me somewhere and when I got home and called it was the same number I’ve been calling for weeks. I’ll be closing my account and not shopping at Kohl's again. Based on the other reviews I’ve seen on here I don’t know how they are still in business.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

KOHL’S customer service is fraud. 02/19/2019. I am first time buyer with Kohl’s and I got Kohl's cash $90 and I ordered this item and I haven’t picked it due to emergency out of town and they say when I ordered it through phone the agent haven’t used Kohl’s cash instead taken out $90 (same amount of money) from my order using a reference number. I haven’t picked the order and I lost my $90 and the agent who placed the order said I will get my money back if I don’t pick item because I know I may have to travel and they are fraud... This happened to my friend who is Kohl’s credit card holder and they gave the money refunded back to her. But not for me... I cancelled my furniture from that store after knowing how bad they treat non-credit card holders.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Overpriced. Hardly anyone to help you. The sales are a joke. If there's a sale on something and you find one you're lucky. Items are put on sales racks and when you get to the register the item comes up full price with the explanation that "oh this isn't on sale. It's the other ones". Hate this store and hardly shop there unless I'm desperate.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I ordered clothes online for my son and an item I ordered in his size was sent in the wrong size. Easily returned the order in store. However needed to reorder the item in his size online and not sold in stores. Realized, a mere three hours after the order was placed in a Saturday evening, that I needed to change the shipping address. Called Kohl’s and was told it was impossible even though the order was not shipped nor had a shipping/tracking number. The woman on the phone asked me if I lived near the old address or knew the person now living there as if contacting them or knocking on their door was the only option to get my package. It’s 2019 Kohl’s- come up with a more sophisticated and streamlined process for customer service. Most companies are able to make adjustments to shipping before a label is created. Kohl’s lost a customer forever...

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The store occasionally offers $10.00 in "Kohl's Cash" for every $50.00 you spend. But you can't apply your Kohl's Cash toward the amount of your purchase after the discounts are applied. The Kohl's Cash comes off the amount BEFORE any discounts. I earned $60.00 in KC. I made one more purchase just to use it up before it expired. My purchase amount came to $112.00 after the 30% discount, free shipping coupon code and a $10.00 off for purchasing "Home" products. I then applied the $60.00 Kohl's cash I had earned. The total amount, however, came to 77.81. That math doesn't add up. 112 - 60 = 52. What a freaking deceptive rip-off!! I WILL NEVER SHOP AT KOHL'S AGAIN!! I spent over EIGHT HUNDRED dollars there in the last couple months. And they're ripping me off nearly $25.00 in my Kohl's cash!?!?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I had a statement from Kohl's showing that my balance was zero. I purchased something and had a balance under $8.00. I made my payment online immediately following my purchase. I received a text saying that the payment was reversed for some reason. I then made another payment of $1.00 to make sure my balance was zero again. I then received a text message from Kohl's stating I now have a balance of $77. I was told that I had another payment reversal by my bank, for reasons unknown and they were charging me a $25.00 fee because they were charged by my bank. I think they have some unethical practices because I have been using the same account to make all my online payments to multiple businesses without one ever being returned with the exception of Kohl's.

I then call Customer Service to figure out why I have a balance and they basically call me a liar saying I didn't make payments and they have proof, even though I was holding my bank statement in my hand showing all the payments I have made to them, and they somehow did not have a record of 3 of them. Very rude to call your customer a liar when they are offering to send you a copy of your bank statement showing you have paid them and they don't offer you a way to send this proof. There must be a reason they don't want to receive it. As soon as I get this resolved I will cut my card into little pieces and never buy a single thing from them again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Be very careful when using purchased gift cards and making online only purchases!! After ordering a Graco 4 in 1 car seat for my grandchild using my gift card purchased by my son for my birthday AND included my credit card for the balance, the website did not use my $150 gift card. I was going to throw the gift card away, but after double checking my invoice in my email, I discovered it was NOT used. (I put the gift card number and passcode in, then the website asked me for my credit card to cover the balance.)

I called customer service, I was told by the rep that he, nor his supervisor, could fix this issue - that I would have to receive it, return it, and place the order again in order to apply the gift card because I waited 30 minutes after the order was placed to call them. The customer service rep also asked me for the gift card number and HE TOLD ME that I had $150 on it to spend! NOW the website does not even offer this car seat for $199! What happened? This customer service experience with Kohl's was horrible and I hope no one else has to go through this. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Kohl’s very clearly is only in the business of making money and that’s all. No care, concern, or consideration. So why do we continue to support this company? Wake up, stop giving your money if they don’t respect you. I ordered online during December 2019 and felt satisfied with my purchase until I washed the towels I’d purchased. I washed them alone as I know the towel has to shed when first purchased. After the wash I was horrified at the amount of lint that remained in my washer after the wash. Immediately after one wash the towels looked old. I let it go because with online ordering there is a gamble. You won’t like something. Then I forgot I opened the account and tried to make a payment and it’s been a nightmare. How can it be difficult to make a payment... That’s the one thing they want is your money and they can’t even get that right. I’m done... I’ll pay my balance of $13 and I’ll never use the card again.

It’s sad that we can’t just be happy without jumping through 100 hoops. We’d rather let them off the hook to avoid a mess. They don’t care so neither should we. You wouldn’t continue to patron a restaurant if you were mistreated so why is it different with retailers. Plenty of other retailers just stop shopping with them. For the people who love Kohl’s...great. That’s business... Some like you and some don’t. For me this is my one and only time dealing with them. I’ll spend my money elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

When purchasing some boots online at Kohls.com for $59.99, I could take an extra 30% if I use my Kohl's card - so I was going to use it for the extra discount. I also had $15.00 in Kohl's cash to use toward the purchase. Sooo... 30% off of $59.99 is $41.99. Did they do it that way - NO! Instead they took the price of $59.99 minus my Kohl's cash FIRST ($15) BEFORE taking the 30% off!! So, basically it took some of the value of my Kohl's cash away. They should have taken the 30% off BEFORE using my Kohl's cash. What a sneaky way to do business.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered from Kohl's - I'm certain that my order has been delivered to the wrong address and after 2 phone calls and a chat, I'm told to wait 4 more days and they will reorder for me. Gee, thanks - that means it will only take a ton of effort on my part and almost a month to get my product. Their support is in Asia and I couldn't understand the first rep. Thanks Kohl's - I can see why you had to take in Amazon returns to increase foot traffic in your stores. If I have an Amazon issue, I actually talk with a person and they resolve my issue. Your customer service is so bad, you are not worth the trouble.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Wanted to buy a coffee pot. Only had 50 on my Kohl's Charge. Needed 50 more dollars to purchase it. I pay every month and never been late and they wouldn't even give me the $50 to get the coffee pot. I mean the $50 increase. So now I rip up their credit card. I don't even want it.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

After logging in to my Kohl's charge account, it takes 3 deliberate clicks and entering bank account information before selecting the big green "I AGREE" button to sign up for AutoPay. Then, presumably, you would get an email that thanks you for signing up for AutoPay. Yet I have never received such an email, and Kohl's claims that I must have accidentally signed up for this after 5 years of making manual payments. For the past two months, Kohl's has DOUBLE charged me. I make my payment, and then they still AutoDraft my bank for the exact same payment. When speaking to customer service, they claim that if I make only the minimum payment due, that they will still AutoDraft me.

So just using simple math, if my bill is $50, and I log in and pay $50, then they claim they will STILL draft me another $50. Never mind the fact that once the payment is made, that the amount due is now $0, but they claim that our Terms and Conditions tell us they will still draft a payment. It hasn't happened in 5 years, but now it is happening. Not satisfied with this insane answer, I asked for this to be elevated. I got a phone call from a woman claiming to be in the president's office, and that she was the final say for Kohl's. She claims that I must have accidentally clicked into the AutoPay menu, selected to enable it, entered my bank account information, and then clicked the big green "I AGREE" button without realizing it. That is her response to me.

Not that there could have possibly been an error or glitch somewhere, because computers are infallible, but that I unknowingly did this to myself after more than 5 years of routine payments the same way each and every time. So let's assume I did blindly hammer away at my keyboard and come up with my exact bank account information and hit agree. If I make the minimum payment due, leaving $0 - ZERO - due, then wouldn't the AutoPay amount be....ZERO???? Logically, the system should recognize that a payment has been made, and cancel out the AutoPay, but nope. Not Kohl's.

So then wouldn't they recognize that $0 is due? Nope. Not Kohl's. Do they accept any fault or responsibility that their system, after 5 years of never having an issue, could have screwed something up? Nope, not Kohl's. The customer is NOT right for Kohl's. I logged in and cancelled this AutoPay that I apparently accidentally signed up for, and I immediately got an email confirming the cancellation. But still no email of ever having signed up. Surely they would have proof of me signing up and receiving an email confirmation. But nope. I do, however, have emails from December, Jan, and Feb that thank me for my ONE TIME payments, and having no mention of AutoPay or scheduled payments. I want customer care. I want customer service.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My mom bought me a beautiful necklace from Kohl's for Christmas. It is normally $150, but like Kohl's does, my mom got it for a huge discount, for about $60. Well, the first day I wore it, the clasp must have broke, and it fell off and got lost sometime during the day. I emailed Kohl's to ask for help and they offered me a 10% discount, and after I kept emailing they finally ended on offering 30% off to replace the necklace. I know the necklace goes on sale frequently for 60-70% off, and it was a simple fix for them to offer me the necklace for a higher percent off to simply match the price my mom got. Kohl's had given me a faulty necklace, after all! I am so disappointed by the terrible guest care - this is not how Kohl's used to be. Kohl's did NOT go above and beyond to fix a mistake for a faulty product, nor did they even meet a minimum expectation! Terrible service.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I returned Christmas gifts purchased at Kohl's but without the receipt. Therefore was told to expect a corporate refund in "7-10" days. It has been 33 days. Furthermore, it is impossible to reach a live person at their Customer Service number. I was on hold for 2 HOURS while I was live chatting a customer service rep. I have previously selected the option to request a call back. Five times. No call back. I have been told to expect an email from a supervisor after I requested to escalate the complaint. I will believe it when I see it. I don't have the heart to tell my family member that the $366.00 they spent on me was like throwing that money away.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Kohl's ruined my near perfect credit report score over a bill that was only slightly past due. AND the bill was for less than $100. They could have easily reviewed my credit score and deduced that it was an oversight BUT instead they made an official report which lowered my score by 100 points. When I called they promised to rectify things but they never did. They are an UNFRIENDLY, CALCULATING company with absolutely NO goodwill for their shoppers. If you have to shop there - use another card!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Very disappointed. I ordered shoes from kohls.com that I need by this weekend. I received the order yesterday. One shoe was a 7.5 wide and the other was a 7.5 medium. I ordered 7.5 medium, there are none in stock in store near me or I would have just done that in the first place. I called in to “Customer Service”. No one could help me without charging my card for a 2nd time and then sending me another pair.

I was supposed to be “sent to a supervisor” TWICE on TWO DIFFERENT calls. Both people that “sent me to a supervisor” sent me directly to a voicemail even after the 2nd lady said she promised she’s going to send me to a real person. I called back a 3rd time, infuriated by this time. He told me I could return them to a store then call back and order them through the phone with a reference number and get free 1 DAY SHIPPING. When I called back the lady was extremely rude and told me that they would not be here for 5 days. Even with one day shipping. Very disappointed and I will never be ordering from them again.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I returned a $215.79 Coffee Maker on 12/28/2018 that I received as a Christmas Gift without a receipt. I was told because of the size of the refund it would have to go through Corporate. They took my Coffee Maker and still haven't processed the refund. I called the Customer Transactions number (800) 837-0302 and have never been able to talk to anyone at Kohl's. Not Happy and after being a loyal Kohl's shopper, this will be my last purchase and I won't hesitate to tell others of this bad customer service.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I ordered a monitor online a few days ago. It arrived quickly, but was in a box that was torn and scotch taped. I took it to the store for an exchange, but there were none in stock there or at any nearby Kohl's. Customer Service woman said she would credit me, but I would have to re-order it online at the current price. I purchased it on sale for $99, but the price was back to $149. So, I'm supposed to pay the higher price because they sent me a used/returned item? I'm done with Kohl's. How could they send an obviously used item? Did they think I wouldn't notice? Ridiculous. Now I have to search around for another sale somewhere.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

On January 21 2019, I made an online order with Kohl's based on an newspaper advertisement I received the day before. I purchased a vacuum for 199$ (regular 299$), and Ninja for 89$ (reg 139$) and 2 pairs of thermal base layer long johns (15$ and 12$). I used the coupon code provided on the front of their webpage (NEWYEAR) and received an additional 20% off totaling $267.98 and was to receive 50$ Kohl's cash. The payment for 267.98$ was withdrawn from my account.

Within an hour of purchasing Kohl's cancelled my order and sent me an email stating: "Hi, Amanda. We couldn't complete order #**, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact us to figure out the next steps toll-free at 1-888-890-1755. You have not been charged for this order. If you used Gift Cards or Kohl's Cash on this order, the amount will be refunded within the next 2 days. Since you have not been charged, no Kohl's Cash has been accrued."

I called the number twice and spoke with two separate individuals. They said they could not tell me why my order was cancelled, but that I was welcome to shop in store. Since Kohl's cancelled the order, they should at least be able to inform the patron as to why or offer to fix it, or some sort of compensation. I pointed out that the coupon would no longer be valid (it expired that day) and I was told again that I was welcome to shop in store. I was informed that the money would be returned to my account within 48 hours. They were okay with taking my money but refused to send my purchase at that point. Although they were nice enough to "invite me to shop in their store", I will not be doing that.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We went into the store to exchange a pair of jeans which were the wrong size. They had been purchased for my son and didn’t fit him. We were told we could exchange them, but they had to be: The same brand [as in Levi’s, Lee, etc]. The same type of clothing (pants). AND THE EXACT SAME PRICE AS ON THE ORIGINAL ITEM’S TAG.

Of course there were no jeans or pants by that brand FOR THAT SAME PRICE. There were pants that were $8 cheaper or $4 or more, but we couldn’t get those because we were told it was “against policy to exchange anything for a different price, even if it meant Kohl’s would come out ahead.” So we could not exchange a $40 pair of jeans for a $32 pair because that was “against Kohl’s policy.” We would have taken a loss of $8. Instead, We left with a useless pair of $40 jeans, and Kohl’s lost our business for good. Kohl’s would have come out ahead. Now Kohl’s is taking a substantial loss of income/business from us and potentially anyone who asks if we recommend shopping there. The answer will now always!! Be a resounding NO.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I purchased a mixer on Kohls.com in October while they were on sale. I had a percentage off coupon and also used Kohl's cash that I had. When I received the mixer I didn't like the color so I contacted customer service to see how I could exchange it. They looked for the color I wanted in stores and it wasn't available so I was told to return the mixer to the store and purchase again online at the now higher price. They would then refund me the difference. I was promised this wouldn't be an issue, it would be simple and fast. 3 months, 5 chat conversations later and hours of my time they still have not refunded me the full amount of the difference.

As of this morning less than half of the promised amount posted to my bank account. I was told this was because of the Kohl's cash. The last supervisor I dealt with wouldn't read the previous chat conversations thoroughly and accused me of using the Kohl's cash. It very clearly states in the conversation that the representative was going to manually adjust my Kohl's cash (take it away) so that it could be an even exchange and I would be receiving my refund of $135 in 7-10 days.

One month later I hadn't yet received it so I contacted them again. I was told it should post to my account within 2 days. One month later I still hadn't received it. The supervisor then said he would only refund me half of the amount because I couldn't give him the Kohl's cash numbers that I should have earned from the purchase. The Kohl's cash that was taken away! I want my money back that I was promised from 3 different employees, they should at least honor their word after wasting hours of my time. Also what's the point of reference numbers if they don't even read the conversations and make me rehash everything again over and over asking the same questions.

Kohl's Company Information