Kohl's

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have always had the worst experience with this place with their illegal return policy. But since my mom gave me Kohl cash, I decided to purchase something online. Of course, the item was defective and I ended up returning it, but somehow after calling 4 different places, no one was able to locate the damn purchase, with my card #, name and address, etc. Not sure what kind of people they hire, but gosh they are dumb. I ended up disputing my purchase and not only got my money back, I got to keep this piece of junk and use it for something else. I will NEVER purchase from this place again and can't wait for them to get a huge consumer lawsuit and go out of business!!!

My daughter and I went shopping for xmas gifts. Upon arriving home we were stapling the gift receipts to the item tickets. I had 3 receipts for Nike socks; however I only purchased 2 packages of socks. I reviewed my receipt and saw that I was double charged $16.00 for a package of socks. I drove back to the store with my merchandise and receipt. I explained that I was over-charged. The clerk said "okay I can credit you $7 and change." I said that was not correct as it was a $16.00 over-charge. She explained it was because I used Kohl's cash. I told her "no, my Kohl's cash was applied to an item I did not purchase. Void the entire transaction and re-ring it correctly." Naturally, she had to speak with the manager.

The clerk explained and the manager all but accused me of stealing. I told her to play the tape (video) of the transaction or speak to the original clerk. She treated me as if I was a thief. Then her cohorts start chiming in and telling me they have to be sure I did not receive the item. Now I have 4 incompetent clerks that are clueless accusing me of stealing. The manager decides to have the inventory counted. She received a callback and I hear her respond, "Oh why do I have to tell her".

Apparently, the inventory check showed one package more than what they should have had. So, the manager gives the clerk the okay to credit my account. No apology. Then once again they attempt to give me a $7 credit for a $16.00 charge with additional credit to my Kohl's cash. I told the clerk that I would not accept it. That I should not have had to pay out of pocket $50 for the entire transaction and use my existing Kohl's cash on a purchase I did not make. My out of pocket should have been reduced. I again requested the entire transaction to be voided and re-rung. The manager once again steps in. I very calmly explained that my Kohl's cash was applied to a non-purchase because it was an over-ring. She could not understand. I told her to void the entire transaction and start over. After much attitude she tells me she would return everything and re-ring it, not void it.

After I finally get the receipt for the return and the new purchase, I remained at the counter to read the new receipt to make sure it was correct when I hear another clerk mocking me for reading the receipt. I told the manager that I heard what the clerk said and I do not appreciate it. That they all need to learn how to do their jobs. While walking to my car I phoned my daughter to explain why I was taking so long and told her what happened. She asked what was my new out of pocket and she said that it was incorrect - they did not reapply the 25% discount. Once again I had to go back and have my receipt corrected. Unbelievable.

I'm just glad this happened at a time when the store was empty as close to midnight (closing time) and not a lot of other customers to see me being humiliated and treated as if I was a thief when in fact they were the thieves for charging me twice for the same item. Also, no apology. Not for the inconvenience; not for the over-charge and not for missing the 25% off coupon. It was as if I inconvenienced them.

This is my first time shopping in Kohl's online. I placed three orders, and I will explain about them one by one. I placed the first order on Nov 24 for Black Friday deals, a TV of $249. Today is Dec 3. Kohl's doesn't even know where the TV is, customer service asked me to wait 21 days until Dec 13, and if it still doesn't arrive then contact them again! Another "supervisor" is even more "awesome". She suggests I can cancel the order and place another TV worth $699 with 15% discount! The worst thing is they blame UPS, but "Label Created" status means UPS has not physically received the package yet. Kohl's just lies and doesn't even know how to find my TV, and doesn't want to take the responsibility. I'll see when my TV can arrive.

This is my first time shopping at Kohl's and this is the first impression, so disappointed. Yes they have discount and cash back, yes their representatives are polite, but that won't change the fact they treat you like idiots and don't care about your reviews about Kohl's. They just don't solve the problems caused by their own faults. Actually for Black Friday I also bought online in Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Clinique, Puritan and I have received all already and nothing was cancelled. Kohl's, so disappointed.

Ordered a lot of things the Tuesday before Black Friday because they were doing a pre-Black Friday sale. I am missing like 4 items, they were stupid enough to ship glass candle jars in a plastic bag so yes they came to me shattered and wax over some of the clothing I bought for Christmas presents. I called 3 days in a row and was told each time that they are going through an upgrade and I would have to call back later. So a few days passed and I called and spent over 4 hours on hold and never got a hold of anyone. I went to the Kohl's store and they said there is nothing they can do for me. That I have to go through their 855 number.

I visited Kohl's to do some shopping. I had $150 in Kohl's Cash and 20% off entire purchase. I bought 3 items totaling $144.98. After 20% off it should have been $115.99. I should have had $34 in Kohl's cash left over but ended up having $6.36 left. I was told that they take off the Kohl's cash first then give you the discount. This makes no sense to me. So Im basically not getting the extra 20% discount because there was nothing left to discount after the Kohl's cash but taxes. This is such a scam and people should know this ahead of time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

I placed an order online. I realized when I received the order confirmation via email that my order was set to be shipped to my old address. I contacted customer service within 20 minutes of placing the order. After verifying all my information I was told there was nothing they could do about the shipping address and the order could not be cancelled.

The representative told me to wait until I received an email with a tracking number. They would then be able to cancel the order. This makes no sense. They have to wait until my order leaves their building in order to track it down? I did as instructed and called customer service back when I had the tracking number. I was then told they would in fact cancel the order and send me an email confirmation of this transaction. No email.

The following day I receive an email letting me know that my order was set to be delivered that day to my old address. I called customer service for the third time and was told that representative number two had given me false information. This latest representative told me that I had a case file and would get an email from the company in 5 working days. What does this mean? I'll have to wait 5 working days for an email to tell me what? The order is currently being delivered to my old address and my credit card has been charged regardless of the fact that I've desperately been trying to resolve this issue, in good faith, since I placed the order.

It's clear to me that there was no real attempt to resolve this issue. The third representative had to ask me what my problem was since the only information in my "case file" was the contents of my order and the detail that I was unhappy with this order. Furthermore, the only email responses I EVER received from this company after my three phone calls were emails asking me to take surveys - not a single email regarding my issue. There are too many other responsible retailers to ever take my business to Kohl's again.

They gave me Kohl's cash for a purchase I made along with a 25% off coupon. They don't take off the full 25% when using your Kohl's cash I didn't know that until I looked at my receipt! That store is a scam and has lost my business. Another thing I worked there putting out the clothes and asked a manager that was training me how they could sell their clothes for over half the price she replied that the sale price and tagged price is to make the consumer to think that they are getting a great buy.

I recently did my Christmas shopping on kohls.com. I moved a month ago and updated my address online within the week of moving. After tracking my order I found out they never changed my address and everything from 2 of the orders were going to my old home which is 30 miles away. Not only was it all being shipped there but they sent my things through 3 different shipping companies w/ 12 different tracking numbers.

One of the orders of 7 items was returned to Kohl's and I was told I would have to re-order everything. Of course w/ the holidays 2 of the items were out of stock and I had to cancel it. I then spent over 2 hours on the phone with Kohl's and the shipping companies to pick up the items at their warehouse which is 35 miles from me. I was told that they updated everything and I just got an email today that they shipped my last order to my old address again. I will never order on kohls.com again. I choose this option rather than shopping because it was the quicker way with the holidays and after today will spend over 3 hours trying to come up with a resolution and driving 70 miles out of my way to pick these items up.

First they call it Kohl's CASH NOT reward, certificate, points or coupon so when you use it, it should be applied after all discounts. NO, not their cash system. They will apply the Kohl's cash before any other percentage discounts, or rewards. Then afterward the percentage discount doesn't apply correctly. This was what happen. Kohl's have College hoodies on sale for $19.99, I added in 3 total into the cart plus a cargo short for $15.00. The total was $74.97. After 20% discount the total was suppose to be $59.97 and after my Kohl's cash ($30) it should drop to $29.97 plus tax, but no. So researched what's the deal with the Kohl's cash and I found out they apply that "cash" before the percentage discount.

In addition their numbers didn't come down to $35.97. Instead, after that 20% discount the total discount was only $3.00 so the total was 35.97 + the tax after the "cash" discount. Unbelievable. 2 hrs wasted on browsing their website to find what I need and that's how they scam their customers. I am going to return ALL my purchases to their store (because unlike other big chains Kohl's want their customers to pay for return cost) and NEVER go back again, EVER!!! I will also file a complaint with the District Attorney to deal with this Greedy ** company. They had many cases with their Kohl's cash policy and yet they still want to keep it so chances are they are doing a great job on scamming unaware consumers.

PS for those that want to defend this Company's policy, please remember you pay AFTER you applied discount not before it. Because if that's case businesses can offer 90%-95% discounts with the condition consumers have to pay the balances prior to applying discount. As in you buy a product then you pay for the product with your cash then 90% discount on your 0 balance. This is exactly what Kohl's is doing.

Multiple problems with them shipping to my old address after saying that they have updated my address. When I call to get resolution they place me on hold for a minimum of 30 minutes and things don't get resolved!!! You're better going off to the store.

I did a lot of Christmas shopping online last year, never receive my Kohl's cash. Called many time, said they sent it, but I never received it. Try again this year. The same thing happen - called said they sent it again, but nothing. Like Kohl's but they have a Big problems in their online orders. Will never order from them again online... is not block on my computer. Last year they said it was a problem with Charter.net. I have no problem with other online orders, just with Kohl's.

Whenever I order online, there's always been an issue, and I always have to talk to their horrible customer service. My most recent experience was today, when I wasted an hour on the phone with them, and this is after my online struggles. I tried to return a dress and exchange a pair of leggings for a different size. Weeks later, I notice that the amount I received in Kohl's cash and on my card does not account for the amount that I was owed back. Today, I call them, and tell them this issue and they notice, same as me, that there is $9 unaccounted for that they owed me, and claimed the issue was from corporate. That is unacceptable! They tried to snipe me of $9 hoping I wouldn't notice.

Then onto the exchange. I didn't get my new leggings. They said, "we don't exchange, we just give Kohl's cash." Well, then that means I have to pay shipping. So I tell this rep about this issue, and they offer to waive my shipping. I'm ordering with my husband's card. Because I am a girl, they can tell that I am not a guy, and always need to speak to my husband. Well, so after they screw up the order, they start placing my order, then after I've wasted 20 mins (per call) they say, "Oh I must talk to your husband."

Then I say I need to call back and they promise to save my order... Well, they never do, so the horrible process repeats. I tried to place my order online hoping that I could call and have them waive the shipping if I talked to a rep on the phone (I'd seen someone else get their shipping waived after they'd placed their order, so I figured I could too). But then they made me cancel my order which I begged and pleaded not to have to do, and they promised they would only ask me for a few things. Finally, after another 20 mins of talking on the phone, the order got placed.

I've had multiple instances like this now, and I'd say, overall, I've spent about 5 hrs trying to figure out shipping and other issues. And when you call, you have to click 5 numbers to even talk to a rep, during which they try to be helpful, but have very strict rules and aren't easily understandable. Once, they cancelled my order without telling me, and I was very rushed on needing a product before I went to town. So then, even though I paid for quick shipping, I didn't receive it on time, because they think it's OK to just cancel orders without a notification. And, I believe the issue with that was again the discrepancy between my name and the name on the card.

The new Kohl's coupons system is so horrible. The Kohl's cash has expiration dates, and the coupons have such slim margins. Also the shipping... it should not take $75 worth of goods to get free shipping, and then even if you do have $75 worth of products, if you have Kohl's cash and coupons that take the price down from $75 (and before taxes), then you have to pay for shipping! Ridiculous system!

TL; DR I enjoy the products at Kohl's, but what does that say about a business that they tried to take $9 from me and treat the customers that are already having issues with Kohl's this way? They screw things up, and then I have to waste 3 hours of my time making calls to many different reps, when they promise it'll be fast. Done with kohls.com and close to done with Kohl's overall...

Kohl's merchandising and pricing is very good. However, the Kohl's cash promotion is a bit confusing, a greater use and possibly larger sale discounts would be a more straightforward and less time-consuming experience. The major problem is their website. About half the time, when you enter a sale discount code it will not go through. Significant delays in dealing with sales personnel and sale supervisors. The website problems turn what should be a pleasant short process into an ordeal too often. I give sales manager credit for giving free home service to rectify the problem but what should have been a 10 minute website transaction turned into an hour.

Never received 2 bra's out of a 4 Bra order. Never received a credit or new merchandise. Made 5 phone calls - spent over 2+ hours on the phone talking to people who could not speak or understand English. I order everything online. Calling the BBB... No Kohl's ever again!

DO NOT SHOP AT KOHL'S. THEY DON'T KEEP THEIR PROMISES! Purchased a TV on their Thanksgiving Doorbuster Deals online and received a email confirmation and the additional Kohl's Cash of $120.00 to use the following week. This morning, Monday 28, 2016, I received an email that my order has been canceled because it is SOLD OUT! I have called Kohl's Corporate office and can't get any assistance, they just transfer from one phone to another.

Finally, after being on the phone with their CSO for 55 minutes, the rep stated that they would allow a tv that was a little more for the inconvenience, but that was a BIG JOKE. When he tried to process the order he wasn't able to get it overridden. So, I requested a supervisor and she finally was going to send me another tv, but would need an override from the next level and would call me back in 1 to 1 1/2 hours with the approval. I never did hear back from Jenny the supervisor. I have spent thousands of dollars with this company and I am a so called MVC member and what ** service. I will no longer be shopping with them ever again.

Not sure why someone would give Kohl's a 1 star rating? At times, you get 15-20 or 30% off of sales price and on top of that, they will give you a $10 per $50 spent Kohl's cash. Also, can return anything with a valid receipt. Try this at a famous local electronic store that gives you 15 days to return and a serious attitude to go with it. Sure, I have come of out Kohl's upset at times after talking with the sales associate or local manager but they still Rock.

This company is very determined to make a sale, which, once finalized, is a done deal for them. When I placed my order, I did not see clearly, or at least did not appreciate, the confirmation of my shipping address or even the option to ship to store. Nevertheless, they processed the package to ship to my old address. Called their "customer service" number, which, like all customer service toll free services, is a dumb corporate robot which you have to basically hack to get a human.

Then when the human finally answers, of course, in typical fashion, it is not obviously based in the US. My bet it is somewhere in the Philippines. Accent very strong and some of them speak very unclearly. Reception worse than North Korea's, so expect static. Finally told they cannot change the order for any reason, including the shipping address. Took a long while to reason with them and then a "supervisor" came to the line, who promised to have this fixed by contacting the "suppliers".

Turns out this never happened, as 3 tracking numbers were already generated. Then called back, and told again that the previous person handled this badly, and that they will "cancel" the order, guarantee the same prices, and advised that I re-order! Of course did not trust this and played along. Later that night got an email then advising me to make contact with the people who live at old address! Finally called Fedex and UPS and begged to hold the packages. FedEx said they could ship to my new address, but behold they cannot now. Too much stress for this one change. Utterly useless customer service and really I'll be very careful about ordering from them. God only knows the quality of the item I'll get. Stay tuned.

Kohl's Placed order 11/17/16 for 192.52, order shipped to wrong state (former address) AFTER changes made to website and new billing and shipping. As of 11/21/16 and multiple hours over two days on the phone, we were discounted, told the items would ship immediately, hung up pleased, and within moments received an email that the order just placed had been canceled. Yep, canceled. As in, "sorry, we lied."

Due to their computer glitch we now have an additional three transactions for 196.58 from Kohl's pending on our debit card and no merchandise. As a result my spouse had to go buy more items from another store in order to comply with his new jobs dress code, leaving us well over $1000.00 poorer due to Kohl's errors and refusal to fix the issue. We have as yet been able to talk to anyone who can or will fix this error up to and including Kohl's executive VP and general counsel, and the assistant GC in legal. Both times we were sent straight to voice mail and have heard nothing.

We then tried to buy a few on-sale shirts using our Kohl's cash plus a little extra, and kablam, no problem. I had the "your order was successful" email WITH the correct shipping address within three minutes. This tells me that Eli, the manager who had stated unequivocally that he was discounting our order to $114 and overnighting it immediately was doing nothing more than getting us off the phone. We did get an email today saying that the original $192.** transaction was being refunded, but as of now, our credit union still shows right at $800 paying to Kohl's, and we have additionally had to go out and spend several hundred dollars in menswear so that my spouse can keep the part-time seasonal job that is our family's only income right now.

I will be updating this review daily with any progress, but have already spoken with three attorneys willing to work pro bono or on contingency in order to compensate for our lost time (my spouse was put through to so many people he had to call back today - we've been on the phone for over four hours in two days), for emotional stress (I have PTSD and don't do conflict well), for the additional funds he had to pay to meet his job's formal dress code, and for any other compensation the court deems just and fair. I get that suing over cheap suits is rather litigious, but apparently there doesn't seem to be another way to make Kohl's care about its customers.

One manager, Kiki, was so rude she hung up on my husband and he was not being abusive. Nobody would give us their first and last names. Thank goodness for legal networking sites or I wouldn't have been able to even get to corporate, much less the names of their executives (for all the good that's done). So, Kohl's, aside from Lili **, you now have to deal with us.

Ordered online using Kohl's cash, yes to you rewards, and $141.90 on Kohl's card. Ordered was sent to California instead of address provided. Never received merchandise. The really sad thing is that merchandise was all going to refugees. Kohl's said I needed new card. Paid bill, waited for card, waited for reimbursement from failed order. Nope. Repeated calls, horrendous "put on holds" and referrals to supervisors availed nothing. Finally was promised someone would call me within 24-48 hours. Time was up 4 days ago. It's ironic that a company who claims, "Kohl's Cares For Kids" does not care for customers. I am discovering that I can find better, less expensive merchandise without coupons and gimmicks and will no longer be a Kohl's customer.

Very surprised to see all the negative reviews on here. Kohl's always has the best deals and coupons - 30% off almost everything once a month, and it's combinable with other coupons and Kohl's cash as well. There are numerous times when I've gotten things for just PENNIES after the coupons. Clearance section in their brick and mortar stores are also great too - you can find dresses for $5 or less, window curtains for $3 a pane, hats for $3. And on TOP of that, you can use your 30% discount. Where else can you find that? Great refund policy too - no questions asked, no date limitations. There was one time where I ordered a thermal carafe and it arrived with the glass lining shattered on the side. Called Kohl's to notify them and they asked me to dispose of it immediately and offered a full refund.

I ordered a Keurig 55 and only way was to have it shipped to Wallingford, CT store (which I've never done). It was part of an order where long Johns would be delivered here. I got those fine. Next thing you know I get an email telling me my item is in and I need to bring in: "this email, my photo ID" and I can pick it up." Planned to go the next day in the afternoon. The next morning I get an email saying "item picked up!! Thank you for picking up your item!!!" The first gentleman I spoke to was awesome (although I haven't been able to reach him since). I had to bring all emails, my ID, my charge card next day to "Maria," assistant manager, evil personified.

She said to me..."by the way this has been done by someone you know!! Someone came in here with your I.D.!!! No one can get it without your ID!!" Basically calling me a liar and a cheat!!! The next day I call the credit card to suspend the charges and this ** tells me "you haven't done what we told you to do which was to bring your ID in..." I said "yes I DID, I gave them to Maria, the ignorant assistant manager..."

This idiot says, "well it doesn't say you DID here so go there like you were told and bring the proper paperwork and ID or we can't do anything!!" Are you joking!! I hung up in his face. Left an urgent message for who I thought was the "nice" manager... Never called me back!! I have no idea what the heck is going on... All I know is I have no Keurig and a 66.00 charge on my card. I have been a loyal Kohl's customer for decades. I'M done now!!! For sure. Warning to all: never deliver to store... They must have a "ring" set up to accuse the people of picking it up and they must be funneling them to their friends!!! All I know is I have nothing!! And no help!!

Kohl's canceled my Kohl's cash, so that when I tried to use it in the store, it said it had been used on an online order, which I hadn't made. I called to investigate and they confirmed it hadn't been used, it was a technical "glitch." And although it was their fault, they said they could only give us another $20 coupon for an online order and that we would have to call first (again, spending even more of our own time) before placing the order so the credit could be applied. Absolutely ridiculous. Basically, they are making us spend more money to get the money we should have been owed in the first place. And there is nothing more that I want to even get from that cheap quality store, certainly not giving them any more of my money for their screw-up. I am so angry at their customer service.

I have been a good customer for a long time and recently my experience in that store of Kohl's was horrible. To want to return some cosmetics, the treatment I received was humiliating because I did not have the receipt. They screamed at me. They called me stupid. They treated me like a criminal. They did not even bother checking that I had already bought that merchandise and only intended return it or exchange it for another. My only crime was to have forgotten the voucher at home.

Awful experience with Kohl's. First time ever ordered anything online from Kohl's. Parents bought a dish set as a gift. One box had a broken dish. Took it this store who said they couldn't offer a refund since only half the barcode was printed on the packing slip. It's their barcode, not mine! Called customer service and the guy was hard to understand, couldn’t understand, and kept saying too many different things. In the end that he will only pick up the defective one and refund it, but not replace it (price has gone up). Customer service person was awful.

Kohl's is the worst place to shop... they give you gift cards but you cannot used it and when you called they are rude to you. Some cannot speak proper English. They told me I have to shop more to be able to used the gift card, it is ridiculous. Would not be shopping there anymore. Taking my money elsewhere.

It's a shame when you can't even find anything with a FREE $10 gift card. Everything I see in the store is DEFECTIVE!!! They are jacking the price up 3-4 times the value and the clothes are REJECTS that other department stores cannot sell and turned away. I bought a couple shirts and they didn't even last 2 washings. Anybody out there remember the old A.J. WRIGHT DEPARTMENT STORE? Those sales ladies made you aware the clothing and merchandise is defective and marked down. Never heard of a store marking the prices UP and not telling you what's really going on.

Do NOT order online from Kohl's. They are beyond terrible. Every time I order, I have received damaged merchandise, incorrect merchandise, or the merchandise is just missing. Yet, they charge me for all the items I ordered but didn't receive! Once I received broken dishes. They wanted me to re-order but told me I could not use the coupons that I had used with the original order. This should have been an even exchange. A Kohl's employee put dishes in a cardboard box with NO packing material whatsoever. Of course it would arrive broken. And then Kohl's wants me to pay MORE to have it replaced??? Currently, I have been shorted two items.

I call customer service to let them know. The man "puts in a request" for shipment of the missing items. I then get an e-mail from Kohl's, letting me know based on the tracking number my order has been delivered. It went on to say "check with your neighbor to see if they have the package or check with the post office". Further, the email states "We hope this helps you. If you need further assistance, call the phone number". My neighbors do not have my package! I emailed them a response. I then call the number and was told there was no one there at that number that could help me because an incident had already been started by Kohl's and I could only communicate by e-mail to resolve this problem. Kohl's was waiting on me to respond. Which I already had. I wanted the supervisor. Of course, he was busy. And the supervisor's supervisor was not at work today.

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced and I am so disappointed with Kohl's. It's a chronic problem and they just don't know how to fix it. I have been a loyal customer. I have been an MVP shopper for years. I am done with Kohl's. In addition to this, the coupons now have so many restrictions it's difficult to figure out what the coupon is actually good for. Shame on you Kohl's for losing what was once good service. I will no longer shop Kohl's and would recommend to everyone that you do not order online. Nothing but a hassle.

I am a long standing Kohl's shopper. I have had two bad experiences with Kohl's online and do not plan to use that method of shopping again. 1. Earlier this year I ordered a set of bathroom accessories. The order came in minus one item. I was told it was out of stock. I, the customer was responsible for monitoring their site to see if and when the item came back in stock. It never did. 2. I ordered shoes using my Kohl's cash and a 30% coupon. One pair fit, two pair did not. I went to my local store expecting to be able to do an exchange. I was told that I could return the shoes but that I would need to use the kiosk to reorder and that they would not honor the previous price.

So on the phone I went to contact customer service. Initially I was told they would not honor the Kohl's cash nor would they do an exchange. I could return the order and they would refund. I would need to make a new purchase. After some negotiation I received agreement that they would honor the coupon and the Kohl's cash. In the next minute I was told the items were out of stock and once again, I would be responsible for monitoring when they came in stock and placing a new order. I am usually a calm person, however, I expressed my dissatisfaction in no uncertain terms. I cannot justify shopping with Kohl's online again. The frustration is not worth it. In fact it feels somewhat like a bait and switch. One seriously unhappy customer!

I waste more time on this website than it is worth. In the last 3 days I have had to call customer service several times to get my situations straightened out. There are constant errors and misdirections. It is probably the least user friendly and the most difficult website I have ever had the misfortune to use. Hey IT folks get it together! If at all possible avoid Kohls.com.

Kohl's states they have "HASSLE FREE" returns and refunds. I believe they should change that to "HASSLE ME" returns and refunds. I attempted to return a pair of Lee Jeans which I bought as a gift for my brother-in-law. I had his correct size so I didn't bother to keep the receipt. All of the tags including the price tag were still attached to the jeans. I wanted to exchange them for Levi Jeans since that's what my brother-in-law preferred. The tag showed the price was $48.00, but I expected to receive less since I didn't use a Kohl's Charge (Story for another day) but a Visa Card. Their return/refund policy in this case is "Non-Kohl's Charge purchases made outside of the 12-month time-frame: Receive Kohl's Merchandise Card or a Corporate-issued refund." The credit amount will be "A Kohl's-Credit based on the lowest 13-week sale price." That seems reasonable.

HOWEVER, when I went to the Kohl's store, the person working there walked over to another work station, did not type any data into the computer, looked at the screen for ten to fifteen seconds, came back over and said, "we can give you a store credit of $4.98." WHAT??? That's an 89.6% reduction in the tag price. I asked her if they ever sold Lee Jeans for $4.98, and she replied, "yes." I used to shop there quite a bit and even during a clearance, the lowest price I've seen on Lee Jeans was $24.00. I contacted Corporate Headquarter and spoke with a representative in the refund department. He wasn't able to come up with a refund of $4.98 based on a clearance price but said that I would have to accept what they offered. I gave the jeans to Goodwill. I now shop elsewhere and closed my Kohl's Credit Card!!!

Kohl's Company Profile