Kohl's

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have been a loyal Kohl's credit card customer for several years and have NEVER been late with a payment. I receive my statements via email but for some reason did not receive a statement for two months. I hadn't shopped there for a while so I was unaware that I owed $5.08. It wasn't until I made a purchase, and went online to pay it immediately, that I noticed the outstanding amount and a $2.00 service charge. Long story short -- Kohl's reported this to the 3 Credit Bureaus resulting in a 70+ point decrease in my credit score. 70+ points!!! I wrote a letter asking them to "forgive" this error, but to no avail. They refused. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT KOHL'S AGAIN!!!

I am a long time customer of Kohl’s. Just received my anniversary gift! I ordered two items and the items delivered to me were not what I ordered. Not even close. It was cheap crap! I called CS immediately and was told how sorry they were and offered $20 off my next order plus free shipping. They gave me a reference # and I was satisfied and impressed, however, when I attempted to use it, no one knew anything about it. I was not going to be reimbursed for paying shipping on the wrong items nor was I going to receive ANY type of reimbursement!! Thanks Kohl’s!!! Long time customer doesn't count for anything. And, most frustrating was they couldn't speak English or understand what I was saying. Extremely disappointed.

Once you use Kohl's cash, you can never ever get your original money back. This is even true if you buy an item. Let's call it item A. You then use $30 in Kohl's cash to purchase item B. If you return both items they will only credit item A for the price less the $30 in Kohl's cash even if you have returned item B before the return of item A. They give you $30 in Kohl's cash that expires in 30 days! This is not like the store credit other stores use, those don't have 30 day limits.

Because of this, I closed my Kohl's account that I had for over 20 years. What I find really amazing is their customer service doesn't even care, no one tried to talk me into keeping the account open. I guess this is a reason you go into their stores and there are very few customers. It was a great company at one time, but with all their new promos and deals, it is clear they are hurting.

I tried to return a coat that I was given to me as a gift, it still had the Kohl's tag on it with the UPC number and price. The person working at my local Kohl's return department, said it was not returnable as the item was not in their computer system, even though their advertised policy is everything purchased at Kohl's is returnable even if you do not save a sales receipt. I even chatted online with a Kohl's representative and was told to talk to my local store manager and the manager would work it out.

I did that and the manager refused to do anything. Therefore Kohl's LIES in its advertised policy stating that everything purchased there is returnable. The real policy is, everything purchased at Kohl's is returnable IF they want to take it back. There is NO guarantee, so their advertising is ILLEGAL. Someone needs to force them to change their policy as stated in their advertising.

First of all I don't use the Kohl's credit card that often. And when I do I usually pay the full amount off or pay more than required. I received 6 harassing calls regarding a $25 payment due. The rep was rude about it & I explained that I hadn't received any statements so I wasn't sure if I owed anything. But for them to harass me over $25, take your freaking card back. The clothes are old, the styles are old and your reps are rude. I plan on cancelling my acct.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

I have been shopping at Kohl's stores for years, however I had to place an online order for product that wasn't in my local store. The order was placed on 8/16/17, and was allegedly delivered on 8/22/17. I have yet to see the product. I called customer service to find out about the tracking information and delivery of my items, they stated I should file a claim which I did - after contacting UPS and USPS.

I received a message from Kohl's this morning telling me they are not liable for my lost product and to contact my local USPS which I have already done. I then called them back to inform them that neither shipper will be helping in the situation. I feel that I am being given the runaround and treated like a liar and a thief by the Kohl's customer service agents. Wouldn't you think they would place insurance on their product before shipping? Would be nice to get the product I ordered.

DO NOT GO TO KOHL'S IN FRANKFURT IL! They are shady and will rip you off! Last week bought some things, I was over $50 so I got Kohl's cash. My daughter got the wrong size, went back and exchanged and even picked up a couple extra things so actually spent well over $60 dollars. Well the Kohl's Rep put the credit on and in store gift card so I could do the exchange and buy the other things. Went to use my Kohl's cash today and was told this was canceled because "you made an return"? I said no I had an exchange and even spent more. The customer service rep should have issued me a new Kohl's cash and did the return wrong.

I said who's responsibility is it to know how it should have been done and this women had the nerve to say "BOTH of yours"?!? WTH are you kidding me!!! I lost my Kohl's cash because I no longer have the receipt from last week's exchange. RIP OFF! It's not the money but their shady policies like this and misleading price advertising on in store racks!!! AVOID THIS STORE IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. We use to love this store. It was our favorite but it's not the place it use to be and the staff and STORE MANAGER just don't have a clue!!! Thanks for putting up with my rant!

Don't shop at Kohl’s! After many years of loyalty, I am done with Kohl’s. During a recent sale, I ordered 4 Fisher Price toys for my grandson's first birthday. His mailing address is an APO address which Kohl’s has shipped to many times in the past 2 years. They shipped one of the toys and a week later automatically cancelled the rest of my order. Had I known they weren't going to fill my order, I would have cancelled the entire order. When I questioned why they cancelled my order, they said it was because of APO restrictions. Nothing I ordered was really ineligible for APO. I pushed back and now 3 weeks have passed and they claim the items were all out of stock. All a bunch of B.S. Boycott KOHLS.COM!

I placed an order and went to the store to pick it up. The associate scanned my phone and then bought out another customer's order. She scanned my phone a 2nd time and after me notifying her of what I in fact ordered, she finally gave me the right items. I kept receiving text and emails stating that my order was not picked up, and finally that because I failed to pick it up, the order was canceled and I would receive a refund. Upon receiving the refund, and trying to be an honest person, I called and notified Kohl's that I was refunded in error. Imagine my surprise when they then proceed with charge me twice, and expect me to jump through hoops, by providing bank statements, because of their multiple errors! Target just acquired a new customer!!!

The most stressful part of planning my wedding was the registry I set up at Kohl's. Below is the list of issues my husband and I had before and after our wedding: 1. We had over 10 broken dishes in two different shipments that were sent to us. Staff refused to offer us an exchange and said they could only offer us store credit for what was paid for the items. Since the items were purchased with a 30% off coupon, we were not given enough credit to repurchase the broken items and had to pay for a portion of our own gifts.

2. Four platters were missing from the order of dishes my aunts bought for us. The Kohls.com employees were unable to send me these items, and instead made me contact my aunt and have her call them to have these items sent. 3. When my aunt contacted Kohl's to tell them I did not receive the platters and to have Kohl's resend them, Kohl's told her the platters were returned by us. This was absolutely not the case, since we had never received any platters. 4. We received a decanter with no receipt, so we do not know who it is from and cannot send a thank you card. Of course Kohl's could not tell me who sent it.

5. There were several items purchased on our registry right before my shower in May that we never received. When I brought this up to the Kohls.com supervisor, Erica, she very condescendingly stated that obviously these items were purchased by guests who are planning on packaging up and sending these items themselves, or bringing them to the wedding. I explained that since this is a destination wedding, I highly doubt guests will be flying with large items, nor will they be packaging up martini glasses and other glassware and sending these items themselves. It makes absolutely no sense, but the Kohls.com supervisor refused to look into the issue, show me any empathy, or offer me anything for my troubles.

6. It is 2 weeks after my wedding now, and we still have not received the items that were purchased off our registry in May. I called and spoke to another supervisor, Andres, and was told there is nothing they can do unless I have a tracking number or know the name of the individual who purchased the items. Apparently there is no way for Kohls.com to look up any of this information. Ridiculous! Since I am not going to contact all 100+ wedding guests of mine and ask them if they bought us any of the missing gifts, Kohl's gets to keep the money for the items we never received and the guests who bought them will never receive a thank you card from us.

*It is very embarrassing and downright rude for me to be asking friends and relatives if they sent me anything, telling them the items they bought were not sent, and not being able to send thank you cards to gift givers. DO NOT REGISTER at Kohl's as their customer service and lack of empathy makes having a registry a nightmare.

I've tried calling customer service (if that's what they call it) several times. I've been transferred a few times to different people with the same result. NOTHING. Finally! I asked to speak to a Manager/Supervisor. William ** he was blatant, disrespectful, and quite frankly needs anger management. I needed to look at my statement to make a payment, well I was locked out of the online site and needed to reset my password. He would not listen to what I had to say, he kept saying that if I don't let him speak he can't help me and after telling him my reason for calling he said I had to bring my account up to date so I can have access or so he can help me.

Excuse me, I'm not paying unless I see what my balance is. Especially since there was a credit due my account which still has NOT been posted. So, the balance they have does not reflect the credit. Therefore, it should be lower than what their records reflect. I have the original receipt that shows the credit. When I reiterated my complaint to him he put me on hold and guess what?? He put the call right back to the call pool so someone else can handle the call. Unbelievable!!!!

I've been a Kohl's customer for years and have never had a problem. However, I decided to order a bunch of clothes online for my daughter for the fall season as well as a few things for myself on 8/10 - it is 8/21 today. I no longer live close to the store so I chose online rather than in person as usual. First, they split the order into two orders. When the first arrived, it was missing an item that was on the packing slip. Another item still had the security tag on it! They refunded the missing item and sent me a new one (which has yet to arrive) and emailed me suggesting I throw out the item with the security tag on it because there's nothing they can do. They said they will refund me for that item as well.

The second order has yet to come. I called customer service AGAIN and was told after being on hold for a very long time it may come on the 24th. This whole experience has been a huge hassle and I will not shop here, at least online, again. Since I'm no longer close to a store I may just close the credit card. So disappointed. I will definitely write ANOTHER review on here if the second order is messed up.

Tried two times to place an order via phone. Took FOREVER (30+ minutes each time.) 1st order cancelled with no reason given. When I call I am told my address is not valid (I have been a Kohl’s customer for 10+ years). TOOK FOREVER and three employees to correct the issue. Asked to be transferred for customer phone survey and was disconnected. Horrible telephone order experience!!

I will start by saying I am a loyal and regular Kohl's customer and have been shopping in the store and online for over 15 years and have had the status of MVC (Most Valuable Customer) every year because I spend so much money with this company. I recently had the worst customer service that I have ever experienced with any company. I ordered 3 items online and when my package arrived 2 of my items were not in the bag and 2 items that I didn't order were enclosed. I immediately called the customer service because I not only wanted this fixed but I also needed one of the missing items for a special family photo. A helpful associate assisted me and in filing a complaint, gave me a reference number, and told me that I would probably hear from them via email within 24 hours but I could call back and check the status at any time.

After I had not heard from them in 36 hours I called to check because I wanted the situation corrected asap and I needed the correct items sent to me asap. When I called back I was connected with a representative that I could not clearly understand and he kept wanting me to reorder the items and pay again without any assistance for the problem I called about. I ask to be connected to a supervisor and I had to practically demand it before he would do so. I was put on hold for over 45 minutes and was finally hung up on when an automated recording thanked me for calling and said goodbye. I immediately called back and had to reexplain everything to another representative before I could even speak to a supervisor. I then had to reexplain to the supervisor and he told me he would escalate my situation to red status and I should hear from someone in 24-48 hours.

About 30 hours later I got an email wanting the UPC codes and for me to reexplain again that had happened. They recommended I take the items to my nearest store for correction. I explained to them that the nearest store was a 45 minute drive one way from my house and they didn't have the items I ordered in the store which was the entire reason I ordered online to begin with. Out of frustration, I drove the hour and a half round trip drive to my nearest store and had to explain to an associate and manager what had happened and show them the email from customer service before they would return the items. I ended up reordering the items which did not arrive in time for pictures. After all of this hassle, frustration, time lost on telephone calls, and driving to the store, I was offered a 15% discount on my next order!

What a joke! I almost always get 30% coupons in the mail and get free shipping because of my MVC status or I order so much I qualify for free shipping. This was the worst customer service I have ever experienced! I've spent over $600 with Kohl's in last two weeks and I always pay my card off every month so you would think I would have been treated a little better. I've never filed any type of complaint like this but I want people to know what to expect and that customer service is not what it once was.

I have loved ordering from Kohl's from the first time! I love the ease of navigating the site, and the live chat customer service is fast and helpful! The bargains for clothing and appliances are amazing. I also love earning Kohl's cash and Yes2You points!

My wife ordered a little over $1000 of baby furniture for our new baby. Kohl's canceled the order. When we called their fraud department told us that it was our bank that canceled the order. Thinking it was something with the shared card I put the order in my account. They canceled the order again, but both cards were being held the amount. Again they said it was my bank. I called the bank the next day and they said it was not due to their end.

Calling back to Kohl's another representative said that the order was canceled on their end because they were high security items, and nothing could be done to the holds on my account because the orders were canceled. I couldn't replace the order because holds were on the account. Why they didn't hold the order and contact us without canceling it, I'll never know. So, we went to Buy Buy Baby, Burlington Coat Factory, and Babies "R" Us, and got the same thing without the headache. Kohl's? Never again.

I ordered a dining room table that had been on sale. I called customer service because I had so many coupon codes and I wasn't sure if I would be able to use them all. My table started prices at close to $900 and my final cost was $430. The gentleman that assisted me was wonderful. He was knowledgeable and really patient. My table arrived in less than a week and I earned an additional $80 dollars in Kohl's Cash! Wow!

I went to Kohl's to get a wedding gift and was offered their credit card due to the savings that I get same day, with an extra 40% discount if I opened it with the purchase. Well I did receive my discount but then make their get that money overcharging you for late fees. I sent my payment by mail 5 working days before payment. I got on charged a $27 late fee. When I spoke to one of the reps. She said that they posted the payment after 5:00 pm and for that reason is a late payment and the charge is not to be taken...

They even have on their customer's online recorder "If you have a complaint for late charges fee". What... So that is their system... Post payment after 5:00 pm; I even claimed that the US Post office doesn't delivers mail that late. The credit card is a scam! They have plenty experience online with complaints of overcharging late fees. They already have all kinds of replies to your situation.... Save your money, don't open a credit Card, you will regret. I really thought I was saving money... My balance was like what $42.00 + now $27.00. I'll pay but you will never see me buying Nothing on Kohl's Ever...

Last Christmas I was asked by the cashier if I'd like to open up a Kohl's charge for my purchases, being how the cashier gets her own commission on the amount of charge cards that get signed on at her register I figured... what the heck... She told me I would be receiving my card in the mail, Well you know the old saying out of sight out of mind. Never got a card... Never got a bill... Never got ** except Kohl's reported the case to credit Bureau and damaged my credit score to the point of where my card was revoked. When I finally realized that It was them pulling my credit score down, I immediately called and paid what I owed them.

Their excuse was "all of our bills and your credit card came back to us so we were unable to collect our money". Ahhhh. First off I've been at the same residence for 21 years... And my phone number has never changed... And I've NEVER had any mail returned to the sender. Try calling me and leaving a message that I have an outstanding bill... Now they tell me that I have to despite this but first I have to contact my mail carrier... Until now I had perfect credit. So much for "EXPECT GOOD THINGS". You made unnecessary work for me and you froze my major credit card that had several auto payments attached to it that are now compromised because of your stupid and unnecessary move... BEWARE!

I ordered some clothing for my son for school. I needed it shipped within 2 days. The order was placed on Friday. It’s now Tuesday and I haven't received anything. I looked into it and tracked my order. They charged me $30. For shipping, separated my order said one will be here today which is Tuesday and the other would be here within a week?? I called to complain and wanted to be reimbursed some money for the shipping. I ordered everything together. They separated my order and tried to tell me I ordered it that way? I ordered it at the same time and paid for it once all together so how did I order that way?? So disappointed that they wouldn't refund me some money for the extra I paid for shipping!! I will never shop here again. Mind you this is my first time shopping here and my last!! Should have stuck with Amazon. They have the best customer service I've ever dealt with. Kohl's is the worst ever and they just lost a customer!!

Don't uses Kohl's credit card or shopping in Kohl's. Kohl's has very bad, bad customer support (credit) & management system. Due to Kohl's system issue, I didn't received eStatement from email and the balance (< $100) is overdue. I paid the balance once I received Kohl's paper statement. Kohl's reported the case to credit Bureau and damaged my credit score badly. I contacted customer service and Kohl's is unwilling to remove the inaccurate information even it was Kohl's fault. Kohl's never care about customers and unwilling to solve any issue for customers. Please DON'T shop in Kohl's if you can, it may damage your credit score in some day.

On three different trips to Kohl's they have each been less than enjoyable and even disturbing. They stopped playing inspirational music. The next trip I noticed the same thing. Then the lady putting back clothes acted like I was in her way. No, "excuse me". Just brushed by. The next trip my daughter and I went into the ladies room and a male customer rushed by me into the Ladies dressing room. I immediately went out to tell an associate and was informed that men are allowed to use our dressing room.

Today I tried one last time. Again I was almost run over by an associate as if my shopping were an inconvenience. One associate in the jewelry department was complaining very loudly about, of all things, a shopping experience. Using his outside voice stated, "I was so pissed!" I walked straight to check out. I am an MVC customer which the cashier never acknowledged. So sad to see that Kohl's stopped caring. I am considering other clothing manufacturers that are more family friendly for my future purchases.

I ordered a shirt and pants online. The items were shipped separately and it tooks 2 weeks to receive the shirt. The pants were never delivered. After not receiving I contact Kohl’s customer service via email, no response 2xs. I went online to try to call and could not find a number but saw I could chat, Kohl’s said it was delivered and would open an "investigation" and send me an email. Two days later I received an email telling me to go walk the streets to look for the pants around my neighborhood. AZ in the summer gets as hot at 120. The thought of asking complete strangers, and I also just had surgery and using a knee scooter, was scary and painful.

Kohl’s has refused to send the order to me and refused to send the shipping costs that I paid. The pants cost 26 and they gave me a refund of $7 since I used some Kohl’s cash on the whole order. They divided it up, now I'm out the Kohl’s cash and shipping. The customer service is horrible and I will not shop there ever. Hope this helps anyone deciding to buy anything w/them.

I purchased a Serta cooling gel mattress topper from Kohl's. Upon opening it I found what I thought looked like mice droppings, my husband thought it looked more like bed bugs. I immediately had issues with Kohl's denying the return because the item comes vacuum sealed in a box and now was the size of a queen bed therefore could not be placed back into the box/resold. I returned it after several days of arguing. I still (over a month later) do not have my refund.

When I contact customer service I am either told to wait up to 7 days for my refund or they act like they have no idea what I'm talking about, and it's my first contact with kohl's in regards to this matter. I have contacted Kohl's over 40 times and my refund is still not on my card. I am being charged interest for a purchase that was defective and therefore returned. Customer service is NO help and has forced me to go back to the Kohl's store several times and the Kohl's store points to the online/corporate customer service. My family and I will never be shopping at kohl's again. Buyer beware!

As most people, I was attracted to Kohl's credit card due to the savings that I could possibly receive. DO NOT DO IT!!! This is how they make their money. I sent payment through my online banking on the 30th and they did not process it until the 5th and therefore charged me a $27 late fee. When I spoke to the supervisor he said that there was not a "grace period" and that I owed it. I promptly closed my account which they didn't care about even though I max out the credit card almost every month. I will never shop there again! The credit card is a scam!

I have just spent 1 hr on hold to close my account and dispute with the fraud Dept two charges from California. They put me on hold and laughed in the background... How do you dispute charges? The corporate office is the same as all the numbers issued. I can't even close this account.

We always heard that Kohl's customer service and return/refund policies were crap, but never believed it until now. We had two problems back to back. 1st the moron cashier failed to add the gift cards we repeatedly told him we had, he lied and said he had already scanned. We didn't notice he did not scan crap until we got home, then we had to return next day to get price adjustment. "Customer service" rep was rude, refused to give refund back to our credit card because main "account holder is not present." We brought back all the items with the tags still attached plus the original receipt and had the credit card we used for purchase literally in our hands and Kohl's "policy" is too bad. We overcharged you, you won't get your money back if account holder isn't there.

I have personally made returns for friends and relatives who were unable to make it to stores like Macy's to return and never had any issues. All I had to do was insert or swipe the cards they gave me and they all got their money back yet for some reason Kohl's will not refund the amount back onto your card unless you're there in person. Forget their crap "hassle-free return" shtick, they will either 1. Refuse refund/return, 2. Refund you store credit even if you have receipt, or 3. Refund you only partial amount if the item you're returning is no longer on sale. So they jack up the price of the item and expect you to take the hit by repaying you less than what you paid for?

Why deny the refund if their stupid cashiers overcharge you? Why deny the refund if you have the card used for purchase right in front of them? Why deny the refund if you bought back all the items still tagged? Why deny the refund if you still have original receipt? You mean these idiots can't just let you insert or swipe the card so their computer can just refund you or the account holder the money owed you? They overcharge then tell you they won't give you your own money back. Thieves.

Always having paid my bill on time. I recently overlooked my emailed bill and owed $11.73. Because of this they sent me a letter suspending my account from the collection agency. I called them very upset and said why didn't they mail me a letter before suspending an account. They said they had to email everything. I said, "So why didn't you email this letter." Since they did mail me this letter it would have been better customer service to mail me a letter saying if this is not paid by a certain date they would suspend my account. I was livid that they would go so overboard by suspending my account through collections over $11. I talked to customer service and a manager and they both acted like they didn't care. Kohl’s must be hard up for money if they have to be this difficult about $11. They handle customers and their accounts very poorly.

I interacted with a Kohl's customer service agent over online chat - found on the Kohl's website. I must say, this was the easiest and most pleasant conversation I've ever had with a customer service representative! They accommodated my request with in a polite and speedy manner. My husband and I use the charge card and we had some difficulty with the card. The representative was very understanding of our plight and negotiated a reasonable outcome to the issue we presented her with. She even consulted a supervisor so that we could get the best service possible. Thank you Kohl's - you're doing a great job taking care of your customers!

When I first purchased a credit card through Kohl's it was brought to my understanding that I would not be charged interest so I have paid faithfully on my payments until each purchase was paid off in full with them. So I buy a coffee pot for 129. On my credit card and on my statement I notice they charge me interest so I called the manager up to find out why that is and I was told that I signed an agreement and that they charge interest no matter what and less you can pay the merchandise off in full all at once. I said to her well what is the reason for getting a credit card then if I could pay for the merchandise off all at once? It doesn't make sense at all. So I closed out my credit card with them and I will not reopen it. I have good credit and have been faithful in my payments. I don't understand why companies can't be more faithful in how they deal with the customer in what they say to them to try to get them to open up a credit card.

Also there should be a understanding of some sort where if you are late on a payment then charge interest or give a 6 month interest free on credit card until the merchandise is paid off in full by making monthly payments. The manager was not very understanding of the situation. Tried to over talk me several times to prove her point. Tried to tell me that all credit cards charge interest in all companies no matter what they tell you. I really didn't appreciate the overall talk that I had with her. I wasn't even given credit for being on time with my payments much less alone given credit for making my payments with this store. I am done with this store.

Kohl's Company Profile