1.53/5
Based on 252 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1318 Kohl's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

After returning all items from an online purchase to local store, only a partial refund was given. Complained to customer service 2x, one with a useless chat, finally learned today that when you use Kohl’s cash on a purchase, if you return items, you are penalized in that they deduct the K-cash from total of purchase, credit the balance to your account, and then you have to pay the difference! In essence, you have to refund the K-cash amount which turns up on your account as a balance due! Nowhere is there mention of this policy. What a scam!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

They charged me twice for my order and are giving me the run-around to get it back. Not a small amount either. They will give me my money or suffer the consequences of all legal fees. You wait forever to talk to someone on the phone and then they just pass the buck. I used to like Kohl's but they like to play with other people's money.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Have had a credit account with Kohl's for over 20 years. Recently received a letter telling me my account was closed because they couldn't verify my physical address. By the way, the letter was sent to my physical address. I have received mail order items sent to this address. So I reapplied for a new credit account and I then received a denial due to payment history from a previous Kohl's charge account. I have only had one charge account with them. I also can produce 7 years of confirmation numbers for payments to Kohl's. Kohl's charge numbers are the same but they change the last 2 numbers every 18 to 24 months, starting with number 1. My last two numbers are 12.

My credit rating is in the high 700s as of 2017. I cannot get any other information in order to find out why this action was taken or if someone tried to mess with my info. Either way I tried, the people I could contact kept telling me they could not access the info I was asking for, but these people were the ones the letters instructed me to contact if I had questions. I am mad now but I will be furious if my credit rating is negatively affected due to this situation. Very bad PR. Very bad.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Got a "Corp Rfnd" piece of paper 2 months ago. Called the phone # twice. 1st time waited an hour, then left a message. Never called back. 2nd time hung on 1 hour & finally hung up. Absolutely no Customer Service. Kohl's has stolen my money & not allowed any access to a resolution.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have been waiting a month for a corporate check. My original credit card used has been reissued with a different number and couldn't be put back on that card. So instead of giving me cash back (They've gotten their money!) They said I had to get in store credit (Yah no.) or wait 7-10 days for them to send me a check. They kept the ring I returned (for diamonds falling out in mere months), have never sent me a check, and a month later still can't get through their resolution department. I've waited on the phone for an hour twice, left messages, left a call back number (where they say you won't lose your place in line, and still no callback or resolution. I call that not only bad customer service but theft. I refuse EVER purchase another single item from this store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have been a Kohl's customer for many years and like others have spent thousands of dollars. I recently placed an online order for 3 items from a wedding registry. One item was received crushed because it was shipped in a bag and not a box and one item was not received. After multiple phone calls with 20 plus minute hold times and a trip to the store, the crushed item was replaced. Customer service told me that they could issue a credit AND I could reorder it.

HOWEVER, I used discounts and Kohl's cash that had since expired. So, I would have been paying a higher price. Regarding the item not received, their response was to wait until August 1 to "see if it just shows up". I contacted UPS on my own and was told it couldn't be tracked as they never received the order from Kohl's. I gave Kohl's the option of shipping the missing item immediately or issuing a credit. They chose the credit, which I have to wait 7 days for. While they did as I asked, I would have thought they might go ahead and ship out the missing item. If this is not rectified to my satisfaction, all correspondence will be forwarded to the Iowa Attorney General.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I finally got fed up and cancelled my charge card with Kohls. Never to do business with them EVER. This is the only charge card where I have a blemish on my record in an otherwise stellar credit score. The kicker is that it is over minor account balances of $50, $150 they manage to tack on late fees. I asked them to explain to me why it is they are the only charge card I have difficulty being able to pay on time. They make it very difficult to have access to statements, do not notify in advance of payments due or even past due amounts warnings. They were quick to offer to reverse late fees but I told them keep their fee, they already damaged my credit history. I want nothing to do with their slimy business practices. I'm over them and am ready to report to the state attorney generals office.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Kohl's has got the game down! Back in April of this year they have changed their way of thinking & doing business on their website since they are losing money big time & it is showing in their financial stock. Let's get down to the nitty gritty here on my review. So back in April it all started I can't even apply promo codes anymore since Kohl's has that all figured out the way they want it. When I try to put in a promo code it prompts up a error stating: You can only use 4. We know it's tempting (and I haven't used any code). It will take my Kohl's cash & Yes 2 rewards but that is all. Kohl's has this all figured out. They used to do free shipping with $49 but you only see that maybe 2 times in the year now.

I own a computer store so we have tried different browsers & different computers & it is not on my end which I keep telling the sale reps/supervisors but evidentially they keep saying nothing is wrong on their end. Bull crap. When I want to make an order I have to call it in. I should be able to order online & not be cheated out on any saving here but I believe Kohl's has found way on their website to fixed this so they are making their money & not losing out anymore.

Here's a good one: I had to call an order in & the sales associate got a 93 order so wrong that it come out to be 300 though I did get it fixed & credited but that is not the point. People can't do the job right then you should not hire them. I am tired of being on the phone with Kohl's about my account which as of today it is still not fixed. I am at the point of shredding my card. I like shopping at Zulilly.com which has better clothing & other stuff & shipping is $1 cheaper. Get your act together Kohl's or you will be the major store closing. One very frustrated unhappy Kohl's customer.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I returned an item I purchased that was part of an order which there was 4 items for a total of $75.00. The item in question was $53.00 on sale and I had a 30% coupon so would bring it down to about $38.00. Other items were $18.00, $18.00 and $12.00. The cashier only refunded me $22.50 saying that I had received Kohl's cash and since I used the Kohl's cash they deduct the $10.00 off the return. I told her that I understand dividing the $10.00 up with all my items and deducting $2.50 but to take the whole $10.00 off when I needed the other items to even get the Kohl's cash was ridiculous and to forget it and give me the dress back, but was told it was too late and my card was already credited. I also questioned where the other money is off the product as I paid more even with the $10.00 off and she couldn't answer me. Will be cutting up my Kohl's card. That's for sure.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have been a customer of Kohl's for many years and have spent thousands in this store but I am finally finished. I am tired of placing orders and then not receiving what I order because it is out of stock although it doesn't show that when I place my order. Also, when you return something, if you have used a coupon or Kohl's cash on the purchase, they do not apply it to what you have kept but split it between your items so if I have purchased $50 worth and I have used a $10 off coupon and I return $30 you would think my bill would be $10 but it isn't because they have split the originally $10 off and so the items returned that money is just lost.

Also, they are rude when you talk to them online and not helpful at all and do not value their customers. My last order was $100. The order was split shipped and I only received part of it. They argued with me and said it was delivered for days. Well, after I investigated I found it was delivered back to them! Instead of sending it back to me in the mail mix up they kept it. They told me I could reorder the items. That is a lot of trouble and when I told them this they said they would give me 15% off. Oh that is helpful since I used a 30% off in the first place! Also I had a coupon and Kohl's cash which was promptly taken away because of the "return" that I didn't make! I tried sending emails asking for help and no one would help me so sadly I am finished with this store that cares more about their money than their customer.

Original review: July 19, 2018

These people are a joke to deal with & I've tried many times. They constantly mess up orders and then they make the customer pay S & H on orders they messed up on their end. Forget about Customer Service helping. They'll tell you they will take care of the problem & then they just don't. I swear they just tell you that so they can get you off of the phone. This has got to be the most frustrating company I ever dealt with. It really is no wonder Amazon is blowing all these other companies away. Amazon's customer service reigns supreme & especially compared to Kohl's. Never again!

Original review: July 18, 2018

I got a Kohl's charge card last year. I paid off each purchase after I received the order and haven't used the card since early this year. With all the energy around Prime Day this week, I was in a shopping mood and saw that Kohl's had some good coupons and so I placed an order on Kohls.com. Within a couple of minutes, I had an e-mail that my order had been canceled and to call them. I had this trouble with order cancellations last winter and when I'd call, I was told there was a fraud hold. I'm pretty sure that's the case this time, since I haven't used the card in months. However, they did the same thing to me last winter when I was placing orders every 2-3 weeks for a couple of months, which I thought weird.

This time though, after a quick online search about Kohls.com canceling orders, I read that Kohl's Cash scams are rampant, and this probably explains their very clunky effort at fraud prevention. I don't know what the deal is, but they really need to step into the modern era. Other online retailers apparently prevent fraud successfully enough, and Kohl's needs to figure it out and embrace the tenets of successful e-commerce if they want to have a chance against their competition. Hey Kohl's - don't make it difficult for your legitimate customers to spend money with you!! I wouldn't have bothered with the simplicity of an online order if I wanted the complication of picking up the phone and waiting to be put through to a service rep and then telling them who I am and the items I wanted to buy.

I can't think of another company I've bought from that cancels whole orders with such abandon. It was only a $200 order, but it was impulse on my part, and I won't be calling them and placing the order again. At this point, experience has shown that I never know if there is going to be a hassle getting an order placed successfully, so I'm crossing Kohl's off my list. Kohl's doesn't have anything I need or want that I can't procure elsewhere much more reliably and with considerably less time and effort.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Funny the last comment/frustration posted is so similar to mine!! I have outstanding credit (813) and I have auto pay set up for any and all credit cards I have to ensure that I am never late and any amounts due are paid in full and on time. This is the second time that Kohl's somehow misses sending me a paper statement and then the following month tries to charge a $27 late fee??? I have been able to call and get them to remove the late fee (twice now) however merely asking to set up auto-pay to "sweep any balance due directly from my checking account" is like asking them to move mountains!!!

Mykohlscard.com and kohls.com apparently are very different. If you forget your username or security on one or the security questions, you just go round and round and round in circles. Customer service is useless!! They should be able to take the information over the phone and help a customer set up their auto pay. Since this has been such a hassle for days, I decided I would rather just close my account! If this is so difficult to set up like just credits do, then I would rather not deal with them at all!

Original review: July 17, 2018

WARNING - DO NOT ORDER. I bought 2 pillows online that I wanted to buy for my husband bad neck. They sent me the wrong ones... Then I had to return to store so they could reorder it which I live an hour away. When the second set arrive they are the same ones I had to bring back to the store. Been dealing with this issue for almost a month... I have called customer service. All they give me is excuse. I even found 2 different pillows that would work. Nope they couldn’t do anything with that unless I put more money into it...

I have talked to supervisor. All I get is the runaround. I have made over 20 phone calls. Nothing can be done. You have not done anything to rectify the situation. Well seriously you guys are worse than anything I seen. No wonder you guys have all these bad reviews. I will never shop here again. And now I am stuck with 2 king size pillows I can’t use thanks for your crappy customer service. I be sure to tell people about your amazing customer service you gave me over your screw ups. Maybe if you got your heads out of your ** then maybe you wouldn’t have all these bad reviews.

Original review: July 15, 2018

So I tried setting up an auto pay because I was late on a payment so I call them. The guy answers. I make my late payment and ask him to set up auto pay. He tells me he can't do that over the phone (wtf?!?) and says I have to do it online so I TRY going to Kohl's website. I guess it doesn't exist? So I downloaded the app and it is IMPOSSIBLE to do this through the app. I don't know how long I spent trying to get this done. I've set up auto pay many times with many different companies but this one is impossible to do. Another thing I was trying to pay through the app and I ended up overpaying because my previous payments went through but it never sent me an email confirming it so I paid three times not knowing it went through. Tried to get a refund. The guy told me he couldn't help me with that... I used to like Kohl's but they have slowly made me hate this store.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I placed an online order for a Shark vacuum. I wanted to pick it up at a local store in Michigan. It kept defaulting to free shipment to my Florida address. After 3 attempts it appeared to be corrected to pick up in Michigan. When I received an email for the order it showed shipment to my Florida address, I immediately called and I was told the order had not gone through because of my suspicious email address (the same email address I have used for 15 years). Anyway the customer service person told me she was able to removed the order going to Florida, place a new order for pick up and unflag my email address, I picked up the vacuum in Michigan and I thought everything was fine.

A few weeks later I checked my Kohl's charge online and I was surprised that I had been charged for 2 vacuums. I spoke with customer service, explained I was a snowbird and I would not be in Florida for several months. There is no one at that address and I have no way of knowing if the item had been delivered and it had was it sitting out in the rain for 2 weeks, I was told it was customer service mistake and I would receive a credit and the item that shipped would be marked as a lost item. Next morning I receive an email stating I need to return the item that was delivered to my Florida address before I could get a credit. I called again and I was told they understand I had canceled the order going to Florida and I would receive a credit.

Again I received an email to return the item from Florida. At this point I asked to speak with the person who wrote the email. I was told the people in the back office that make the final decisions do not have phones. I asked to have someone go back and listen to the conversation I had on the phone (the one that is recorded for my protection) with the customer service rep on the day of the order, I also mailed a letter to Kohl's home office, The credit card still shows 2 vacuums and I have not received any response from the home office. I will now try to fight the charged amount with Kohl's charge department, I have shopped with this store since 1997. This is my worst experience, however, if not resolved I will CANCEL my Charge Card and refuse to shop at Kohl's again.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Kohl's pressured me to sign up for something I did not want and the result was a huge unexpected bill. I am 76 years old, partially disabled, and have severe hearing loss. I have no active credit cards and always pay cash or use my bank debit card for store payments. I was brought by a friend to Kohl's in Pittsburgh to purchase a pair of trousers. I had never been in a Kohl's store before. When I checked out with my $35 purchase, the store clerk who spoke English with a heavy accent told me that if I joined their 'plan' I could receive emails of special discounts. I told her that I wanted to pay with my debit card and she took my debit card and an old driver's license that I had in my wallet and in the space of a couple minutes of paper work (while others waited behind me) urged me to sign up. I did so.

I did not realize that I had just signed up for a Kohl's credit card and that she had not used my debit card to pay the $35 for the trousers. I also did not realize that she had used an address on the old driver's license where I had not lived for five years. I never thought anything about it until my ex-wife dumped a stack of my mail at my apartment and I found that I owed Kohl's nearly $300 in late payments and interest for a $35 dollar pair of trousers.

All the time I have been getting friendly promotional emails from Kohl's advertising their products to me, but no warnings or advises that I owed them money. I did miss the fact that the $35 had not been taken out of my bank account which was my fault, but I pay most of my expenses in cash and it slipped by. But had I known that I still owed, I would have paid that immediately. I've never been in a Kohl's store or ordered anything from them since. It appears that Kohl's has just sent my account to a collection agency. I'm not sure what I can do about this now and I don't have the money to pay the entire amount that they are asking as I am on a below the poverty line retirement budget. But I do want warn people out there that high pressure retailers like Kohl's can overcommit you to something you do not want and do not need at the cash register if you are not doubly careful. I wasn't.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I was Kohl’s customer for 12 years, no late payment and then at the sudden they send me 30 days late payment for $ 40, I called and take care of the payment, then call me again to inform that they send my account for late payment to all credit bureaus. I never received an email or mail for amount due... Finally canceled my card and I will never shop Kohl’s again.

Original review: July 1, 2018

So my wife and I ordered a wedding gift from kohls.com from a wedding registry back on June 7. The wedding is this Friday July 6. After 2 weeks and the gift not being shipped, we call LAST Sunday, only to find that somebody dropped the ball and it had never been picked up by FedEx. We were given apologies and assured that it would be shipped the next day. Fast forward to today and after finding out that the beautiful young couple still had not received it, I made another call.

This time, however, I was not very understanding when I was told that the order has not shipped (even though it was in stock) and they were simply planning on crediting my account without even telling me. The associate must have been a part time politician...she danced around each and every question as to why this was happening. Bottom line... Kohl's really screwed me over and my friends will be getting cash instead of what they really wanted. Needless to say, I won't be doing any more online orders from Kohl's.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I purchased a pair of Converse sneakers on the website and when it was time for me to put my shipping address, they had changed my address electronically. I got my confirmation via email, and it shows the wrong address when I intentionally typed in the correct address. I order two different colored pair of sneakers where one is coming to the correct address but the other is going to a different address and I'm very upset about it.

I called customer service in less than 30 mins after I got the notification and their reply was, "Since it's on Fulfillment status, we can't change your information in the system because it's being processed and it depends which carrier is going to send your package". Smh! So, they told me to contact the carrier and once I was notified that my package has been shipped, I contacted the carrier and told me they couldn't do anything about it because it's a Smart Post package under FedEx and the FedEx agents can't do nothing about it.

I would have to wait til Monday to talk to the Smart Post agent to see what they can do about this mess that Kohl's screwed up in the first place... So, possible chances are, my order that I purchased is going to someone's else's home and as much as I tried to handle the problem quickly, the customer service don't really care to make a quick change by putting the correct shipping address. I'm not investing any of my money with this company ever again!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I bought 5 of the same Vera Wang tops in different colors, they were the only blouses that I felt professional and cute in. I loved them but I had purchased the wrong size and needed to exchange them for a size larger. They didn't have a size larger in the store because mediums are very popular. I decided to just return them because I couldn't comfortably wear them. I had purchased the shirts for $29.99 each, but they only refunded me $4 for each shirt!!! I asked the customer service girl why I didn't get all of my money back and she told me that the shirts were now on sale for $4 and that they refund based on the current sale price. A Vera Wang top on sale for $4? Yeah, I didn't believe that. So, I found where that display was and they were still selling for $29.99. I was shorted over $100 in refunded money.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I will never be shopping at Kohl's again!!! I bought a TV online in November for Black Friday. I am a single mom so I didn't have help to hang it up. I left it in the box knowing that it would be safer in there. 7 months later, I finally have the help to hang it. We open the box and the TV is cracked. I call Kohl's and their warranty is only for 30 days on electronics bought during Nov & Dec. The crack is not covered by the LG warranty either. It will cost just as much to replace the screen as to buy a new one. I would not recommend buying from them unless you check all merchandise upon arrival! I am so disappointed with Kohl's and LG. Yes, I should have opened the box. I realize that now but that doesn't help me with the $400 loss. Please learn your lesson from me and open all packages that you order online, especially if it is Kohl's. I guess I'm grateful that I kept the broken TV safe for 7 months and learned a valuable lesson.

Original review: June 22, 2018

My online account and charge account were both compromised, Kohl’s thinks securing my card and account information is changing the very last number not the last two as claimed but only the last one from a 3 to a 4. Then I am told that even though at least 2 other people attempted to use the card I cannot have a new card number. The only thing I can do is close my account and reapply. REALLY??? Why is this considered acceptable??? If my Credit was number was stolen and someone else tried to use it I would get a new card with a whole new number on it. Why is it that your company thinks changing only the very last number from a 3 to a 4 protects anybody.

Why is it that MY CREDIT should take a hit for a new inquiry so that I can have a card that has a different number on it??? A number that the 2 people who attempted to use my card DO NOT HAVE? I mean really? They have my card number, my new card number ended in 04 instead of 03. Do they not think people are smart enough to realize a pattern when they are 01, 03 then 04. I cannot be a customer of a company that thinks this is protecting my account from fraudulent use. Again I ask you to share this so Kohl’s corrects this!!! #Kohls #identitytheft #securityrisk #nevershopkohlsagain #somad #databreach

Original review: June 20, 2018

I am a 9 year Kohl's customer. Never missed a payment. I sent out a check like usual but apparently they didn't receive it. I received a statement in the following month but never opened it as I believed it to be a zero balance. I received a statement 2 months later which was unusual with a zero balance so I opened it and saw that my payment had not been received. I called immediately and made the payment. My credit was hit for over 60 points. I contacted corporate for a review and a credit reversal but they refused. They said it's black and white to them. A payment wasn't made. They refused to consider my perfect 9 year payment history. They said it is not their fault the payment wasn't made. I asked why no phone call was made when the payment was missed. That is not their policy. I have cancelled my card and will never shop there again.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I ordered a swimsuit and the top was shipped correct then 5 days later I received the bottoms. Not only were they the wrong brand name they also had the wrong size on the tag in the bottoms and the correct size on the skew tag connected to the bottoms. I called and was told that I would have to go to the store to return the item, which if that was the case I would have just gone to the store in the first place. I have to be inconvenienced because they dropped the ball. Then I was told the correct name brand and size bottoms would be delivered next day shipping for the inconvenience. I said, "Ok that's fair enough."

Today 6/18/18, I decide to call just to follow up because I was told I would get an email and didn't. They tell me the bottoms aren't in stock! Now why would they take my credit info and go through all of this and then to boot not even contact me. I ordered this to go on a trip! I asked them if they could at least compensate with Kohl's points and was told only if I ordered online. I already stated I would not EVER order online with them again because of this mess. I asked to speak to a manager and was told there was none available. Very disappointed in how I was treated. I have been a long time customer of my local store and love it. Very poor customer relations and documentation all the way from the shipping department on up!!!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I placed an order and didn’t realize that it was shipping to my old address until I received my tracking number. I called and explained that the package hadn’t been shipped yet and that I needed to change the address. They said, "I’m sorry. It’s been over twenty minutes we cannot change the address." Long story short they wouldn’t help me and suggested that I accept the loss and reorder.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have been a loyal customer for 35 years. Last month my payment did not get made (forgot to hit the final button on electronic payment). This got reported to my credit history and caused my rating to go from excellent to good (dropped 100 points). Contacted Kohl's to have them remove it from my credit history and they said they "can't" do that. Talked to two reps who both said they can't so I cancelled my charge and told them I will never shop Kohl's again! Way to treat a customer of 35 years!!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Sent to Kohl's: "My experience with Kohl's teaches me that you are in no way competitive with companies like Amazon, Macy's, or even Target in the online sales and customer service sphere. I say this after years of ordering things online from Kohls and other companies and then dealing with the returns process from time to time. Kohl's makes it very difficult to return items (customer pays, unlike other online retailers), and almost every time the returned item is not refunded at the same price paid (your customer service says they are not able to determine why an item was not refunded at the price paid).

Frequently it is necessary for the customer to challenge the Kohl's charge with the credit card company (Amex, Chase, etc) and get them to force Kohl's to issue the proper credit. And talk about being disingenuous and customer unfriendly: when an order earns Kohl's Cash, that Cash cannot be applied to another order for several days. Recently I placed one order that earned some Cash. The next day I needed another item, put it in my Kohl's Cart and tried to apply the cash; it would not accept that cash, telling me it would be several more days before it could be used. Ridiculous. The only reason Kohl's would impose a process like that is clearly in hopes the customer will forget about the cash and it will expire unused. Should I continue? Kohl's is permanently off my list of viable online retailers."

Original review: June 8, 2018

Do NOT believe Kohl’s lies about Hassle Free returns. I'm disabled and sick and order 90% of everything on-line. Kohl’s is ALWAYS an issue and today was final straw as they refused a return I just got and when reached out to 3 levels of management I got zero response. Guess they don't work on Fridays. When the rest of my order comes it will be returned and I will never purchase from Kohl’s again!!!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I placed a large online order since they have such a no hassle return policy. Well if you return a $4 item that was part $50 purchase and you received $10 Kohl's cash they will take away the whole $10 Kohl's cash you earned. And say you decide to return another item they will again take back the $10 Kohl's cash off of another return. Meaning they are making money off of you. Kohl's cash isn't a reward at all, it's how they manipulate you into paying way too much and overcharging you.

Kohl's Company Information

www.kohls.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business