3.7/5 (994 ratings)

About Kohl's

Kohl’s is a department store that sells clothing, furniture, electronics and home appliances. You can purchase its products online or at a local store. With Kohl’s Cash, customers receive $10 in store credit for every $50 spent during certain promotions. You must return electronics within 30 days, but all other items are returnable up to 180 days after the date of purchase.

Kohl's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: May 19, 2021

The stores are well-organized by department. Prices are on the racks, including sale prices. Returns are fast and easy - they can look you up if you do not have the receipt. Online is also well-organized and searching is intuitive. Kohl's Cash is easy to use, although you lose it if you make a return - I think that is an industry standard, though.

Original review: May 18, 2021

Overall I like the ease of shopping online and either having it delivered or picking up at the store near me. Also when shopping it automatically shows you availability for your nearest store. Sometimes I find the selections shoes in particular versus in the store when I don't have a lot of time to shop.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Hello, I would recommend Kohl's for their exception attention to details and quality of their jewelry department. My partner decided what he was going to give me for my 59th birthday???. A diamond ring???? which once I received it and noticed how perfect his choice for me was, I knew that he went to the right place to get it. This is by far one of the most exquisite ring sets that I have seen!!! Flawless????

Original review: May 13, 2021

This store is great with their prices, they are very competitive and always have what you're looking for. I have always recommend this store to family, friends even strangers, yes it's that great you gotta shop there to experience it yourself. Be aware you will not leave empty handed, however, you will leave very satisfied.

Original review: May 9, 2021

Kohl's is my go to for all my family members clothing essentials. They always have great deals, the latest selections and closeouts, closeouts, closeouts! If what they had a couple months ago is a style that still works for you it will be available at a reduced price. They carry my go to brands so why go elsewhere. One problem I have with all clothing stores including Kohls, no size 35 Waist WHY?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I have ordered several items mostly clothes. The quality and value exceeded my expectations. The return policy is very convenient in that you can take the order directly back to a local store for a return.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Kohl's stole more than 10.00 from me returning a pair of sneakers I bought online. I am not happy about this and will share wherever I can on social media. I will never return to their store again. I bought the sneakers online for 56.00. After picking them up, I decided to run into the store and use up my 10.00 Kohl's cash buying 2 small items and then paying the difference of 3.72. I had asked the cashier prior to ringing it up, if I return the sneakers, do I have to bring back the coupon items as well, in order to get my full refund. She said yes!!! She did not elaborate on how it works when using the Kohl cash dollars and that I would not get my full amount back.

Well, to my horror, returning the sneakers and the 2 items yesterday, the manager had the nerve to tell me the 10.00 coupon was 'used up'. I said I don't want the trinkets, therefore trying to return the items so I can get my full refund back on the sneakers. They refused to refund me in full. So I took back my trinkets, which I ultimately don't want.

Now I'm out nearly 15.00. They didn't even give me back my full tax amount on the sneakers. I got back 44.00 for the sneakers. Stuck with 2 crap items I didn't need or want, just to use up the 10.00 Kohl Cash. They completely rob people out of their money this way. For every person they do this to, they make money. They robbed me out of my money. This should be told to people prior to using your stupid Kohl's cash dollars, which is not a gift in the end. The lame manager let me leave the store fuming. I don't think this is legal practice for consumers. I will reach out to the Florida consumer division. They stick with this ridiculous excuse as a store policy which you don't know about until too late. On the receipt, it is actually too late once it is rung up.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I had a Kohl's balance in October of 2020 of approx. $35, which I paid in full thru my bank on October 16th. The Due Date was October 18th. Since the 18th was Sunday, they did not get my payment until the 19th (Monday). They credited the payment but charged me a $15 late payment. I then went to Florida the next week for the winter. My mail was being picked up but not being read. I had no bills (or so I thought). Along about mid-January 2021, I got a voice mail from Kohl's about an unpaid balance. I knew I had no balance so I thought it was a scam call and ignored it, but they called again the next week. So I called back and lo and behold, it was Kohl's telling me my account balance of $15 was 3 months overdue. The rep on the line told me why, because I was charged a late fee and didn't pay it. I told her no one notified me until now (?).

The bill had gone to my home address so I never knew I was charged the late fee. So I paid the late fee. But I tried to get the collections/accounting dept to call the credit bureaus since my credit score had tanked from 835 down to 705. They refused to do anything about it. I am just writing this to let everyone know this could happen. I was not notified I owed this money for three months. They waited three months before reaching out. It's really my mistake but their rule of not adjusting the problem is Draconian at best. Fair warning to everyone. Computers rule the world. I closed my Kohl's account and have not been back in their store since.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

KOHL'S offer 30% off for all veterans on veteran days was a joke and slap in the face. Everyone had a coupon for 30% off so how is that offering? My husband and I went there and my husband is 100% disable vet. I had a 30% coupon plus a couple more At check out Kohl's wouldn't give husband the 30% because I had one plus more. They used all my coupons but not the vet one. So to me this was a SLAP in face to all VETERANS and also this was their way of getting veterans to come into the store. You couldn't use both 30% off at same time but you can use one with others coupons. Doesn't make sense.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Why bother with shopping Kohl's? Even before spring, polo shirts (cotton/poly, not pique), the shirts in my size (LT. Others buy them to offset any shrinkage) are out of stock. It's ridiculous. Mocknecks (Croft& Barrow) are no longer made in 2020. I have purchased many of these over 20 years. Now they are not available. If you can get their athletic shoes on sale, in your size but maybe not color, that's usually a bargain. Get two pair. Even candles are less available. I used to buy them and other things after Christmas with 30% off. Not much anymore. Covid changed things - or so it seems. But as others note, customer service in store is seriously lacking. And they won't find something for you from another location or warehouse and ship it to the local store. Merchandising is overstocked on racks, not simplified in a designated Clearance area. 30% is only good if you find something you need. It's why I shop some thrift stores now hoping to get lucky.

Kohl's Company Information