1.15/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

1111 Kohl's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

The customer service is the worst! They cannot understand English and I’m not bilingual which makes it very difficult to convey your issue. They shipped my purchase to an incorrect address and even though it was their error, refused to credit my card. Horrible service!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I ordered clothes and realized it was going to our old address. I contacted the company immediately and was informed they would try to correct the address since it was my billing address. No one was able to assist for two days. On the third day I called the corporate office where they said they were unable to change the address because it was SurePost and that they instead would return to sender and once it arrived cancel my order. I informed them I wanted the merchandise I ordered. They said I could order again but would be charged and they won’t refund my card until the merchandise is reaches their warehouse.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have been a extremely loyal Kohl's customer for about a year. But with 4 autistic kids, I started doing most of my shopping online. My sister and I decided to buy all of our aunts a Instapot for Christmas. So that was a lot of pots I needed to buy. There was never a quantity limit written anywhere on them. My orders started getting canceled, it took forever on the phone because it seemed they didn't know what they were doing, only to have THAT order cancelled too. I would have given up, but I already bought some, and sent to my family. So to not make a difference, I sucked it up, and redid and redid and redid orders. Suddenly they had blocked my online account, I had to call to have it unblocked. They claimed it seemed like it was a vendor and they had cancelled and blocked my order.

I explained the gift giving for this year. But after all, what's it to them what I do with them? As long as they get their money, they shouldn't care what I will do with them! So they told me I wasn't gonna be able to make online orders anymore, and have to go to the store, buy them there, and ship them across the US to all My family members. So I didn't buy more pots, and told my sisters to all get the rest. Today, I wanted to use my Kohl's cash I earned, and behold, my order was cancelled again. I call in, and me knowing every piece of information of my account wasn't good enough, heck they couldn't even send me a text. They made me drive 25 min to the nearest Kohl's store, so I could show 2 forms of ID... to buy some panties and a set of pots (not Instapots). Seriously??? With 4 autistic kids???

I ended up leaving 3 of them at my husband's job, and took one with, only because I had 300 dollars Kohl's cash/rewards cash I didn't want to lose. I showed them my ID's (in fact I showed them 7 IDs) only to have to call customer service from there. My child was pulling in all directions, the phone was so quiet I could barely hear the person who didn't speak English well on the other line, it was loud in the store, just to let them know, "I'm here, at Kohl's with my IDs, now what? Explain what the hell is going on." They told me now they had flagged me for Kohl's cash fraud. Seriously? Why the hell do they give you Kohl's cash if you can't use it? After not getting anywhere, I hung up, went to get the items I needed in the store, and as I am ready to use my Kohl's cash... it's gone, none can be found. So they deleted all my Kohl's cash (online) from my wallet. 280 worth.

Luckily, I am a very organized person, and had written down all the codes and pins, and was able to make my purchase and leave. They will never have anything cheap enough for me to go and buy anything ever again. EVER! I am an extremely good customer, and they didn't want my money. Way to go! Most valuable customer my **!!! If you have money and want to go do real shopping, don't do it at Kohl's, there are other places that actually appreciate their loyal customers, Kohl's is not one of them!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

When it comes to ordering on the phone or online, Kohl's is not a way to go. You're better off going to the store. When you order they cancel it right away because your billing and shipping address are different. Then they want you to provide your whole life to authenticate if you are the person you say you are. When we told them it was going to be a pick up at the store, they wanted us to provide a government-issued ID, a utility bill, etc. They make you sound like you don't exist and that you need to provide anything and everything with your name on it. Do not buy online/mobile even if the deal is too good to be true, they will give you a hard time. They are quick about taking your money and taking days to give it back even though you canceled your order.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

If anyone shops at Kohl's you are probably familiar with the “cash” program they issue when you shop. Of course it’s meant to intensify the customer to come back in and shop. When returning items, not only do you lose you “Kohl’s Cash” but they swindle you out of more money on the return claiming you’ve used Kohl’s cash. I can tell you from experience, you are losing money by shopping there. Kohl’s is ripping off the public the way they swindle the consumer with their wacky return policy. I lost $50 in the last thirty days simply because I purchased and returned. It’s insane! It’s not right, it’s ROBBERY! DON’T SHOP AT KOHL’S. You’re losing money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

In the month of August I called and made payments for the month of August & September but on Sep 7th I learned that I was charged late fee. Then I called where late fee was refunded and upon the request of CSR I Scheduled Payments for the Month of Oct & Nov But on Nov 4th I got another statement stating that I was charged late fee again. Then I again called call lost for 38 minutes but they didn't resolved my issue and said there was no payment scheduled. I was totally shocked & surprised that how they are cheating their customer. I don't Where to report but I want to report this matter before it's too late. So Be careful ladies & gentlemen.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I've been a loyal Kohl's customer for years, but I recently had the wrong item sent to my home. When I called customer service to assist, the person trying to help me struggled to speak English and took a VERY long time to handle what should've been a simple exchange. He promised me 50% off my next order for my inconvenience, but then gave me 3 different codes to use to redeem the offer. He seemed very flustered and confused... I'm not sure if any will work. I never received a confirmation email as promised, but the next day, I got an email from another person asking for more information. I tried calling customer service again and asked for a supervisor. I could overhear the supervisor telling the CS rep to take my information.

Again, this individual had a hard time with English, so I asked if I could provide it to the supervisor. I could hear her refuse. I took down both of their names and called the corporate office and asked to speak to the person in charge of customer service. At first, the operator lied and told me there was nobody there I could speak to. When I pressed, she finally relented that she was not allowed to put me through to a live person - that I had to leave my name and information on someone's voicemail and wait for a return call. This is terrible customer service, in my opinion.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Totally agree with this review. I had to make multiple calls to Kohl's offshore call center in regards to a item from a larger order online that did not arrive. On my second call I spoke to a "supervisor" who claimed to have resolved the issue. However I received an email (with poor English) that said that this person had tracked the order and that it had arrived. It stated that I should go to the Post Office (even though it has been over a month since the original order was placed) and check to see if they have it! Meantime the order information on this item clearly states it was shipped by UPS! Ugh.

I called back to speak to another supervisor. This time I got a women who had a better command of the English language and she apologized for the inaccurate email from the other supervisor. She looked into it and said that UPS had reshipped the item and gave me a tracking #. Hopefully this will be the end of this. It took too much of my time to resolve this issue. The offshore sites are a big turn off to US customers. I have a Kohl's card and have been a customer for over 13 years. Not sure if I want to order online anymore after this experience. I really hope Kohl's upper level corporate management wake up and fix this. Trying to save a few dollars while alienating your core customer base is not a good business plan.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I placed an order and did not notice the address it was going to, by the time I reached someone at customer service they said it was too late to change the address or cancel the order. It was within an hour of placing the order. So now it is going to another city where we no longer live. GREAT! And thank you customer service at Kohl's. NOT???

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

After paying my Kohl's credit card balance fully each month for 13+ years, I missed a payment due to being in the hospital for back surgery. Kohl's did not contact me via phone, e-mail or letter. But they quickly reported the delinquency to the 3 major credit services which caused my FICO score to go from 812 down to 728. Over 40 years of credit I had never been late on any account. I wrote a letter to the CEO, Mr. Kevin Mansell, on two occasions to asked for reconsideration of the late reported delinquency. His staff assistant would not let him see the letters stating that "he was too busy to talk to customers or be involved in such issues."

I did receive a form letter that said the delinquency would stay on my credit reports without any consideration of my past payment history. The company appears not to care about extenuating circumstances and is unwilling to allow their senior management to be aware of customer issues. I will not shop at Kohl's in the future because the decision not to share my letters with the person they were addressed.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

In early September my Mother asked me to order a surprise for my youngest son just getting to college. I ordered a bedding set and since I would visit him a week had it sent to myself. Unfortunately, I pushed the back button on the computer to try to get and enter the discount code. When I did this it somehow reset my address to a previous address that I lived at for a short time 5 years ago. I didn't realize that for several hours until I looked at my email and found the error. It was a Sunday night this all went down. I signed back on tried to adjust the order but it wouldn't allow me. I called them and after 40 minutes on customer service line no picked up. I realized they must not work Sunday evenings.

Called back on Monday...they couldn't change it but they were recalling the order. I wait a week and call again. Now they tell me it's been delivered already, they think they will do a pickup of the item ok. I wait a week and call again, new answer, nothing they can do and it's all my fault? I talk to a supervisor they tell me it's my fault 3 times. I ask if the gift can be resent, they tell me NO, didn't say, "We have to charge you again..." just NO. When this company opened 10 years ago in our neighborhood they were known for bend over customer service. Now they want us to bend over! I suggest you skip Kohl's as I have fully regretting my patronage. GO TO MACY’S.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Very scary. I applied for a Kohl's charge account and Kohl's stated that I already applied for a charge account. I did not. I called the credit department and Kohl's states that I had a account from 2006 11 YEARS AGO! No way! I did not! Seriously they are going to keep track of such a OLD account to which I never had! Even if I did, it's WAY past the statute of limitations. It's ONLY a department store credit card. Fraud.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

So due to "ERROR" on Kohls.com 14 items that I purchase are being enjoyed by a family in a different state. And customer service is a CROCK!! 1/2nd time calling: We will REFUND you, do a "ticket" to investigate and STOP the items that have not yet left and resend them to your correct address - per supervisor (NOT). 3rd/4th time calling: Oh yes the items were NEVER stopped because the email that they asked me for 4xs (which is in my account) in a row was "not" able to be accessed (incorrect) so they cancelled the "ticket" to STOP the items. Because GOD forbid they could have called the PHONE NUMBER on file, that they asked me to access my account. BUT hey that's me.

Sooo the people at the WRONG address are having a EARLY Christmas and are getting $400.00 worth of items (ON ME). And they have NOW put in a NEW ticket with my email address to contact me, for an investigation that will take 2-3 weeks. For items I need before then. BUT F*** the customer. I called the corporate ### and that was BS too... Just transfers you to the idiots that are at the so called "customer service." So Kohl's has by far been the worst company I have EVER DEALT with. You are better off going into the store and purchasing your items there. I will continue to RATE with POOR service and customer service, and NOT recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I have been a Kohl's customer for 10 years and a Kohl's Charge customer for 3 years, I am usually very satisfied with my shopping experience. However recently I ordered a pair of Apple earbuds, since they were not available at any store within 60 miles of me I decided to have them shipped to my apartment in San Diego. To begin, my horrible experience the shipping took longer than they expected... I wish this was the worst of it. I live in the City of San Diego, not a bad area but heavily populated.

At 10:53am I received email saying it was delivered. When I got home at 5pm I looked everywhere but no package. So I called UPS, made a report, called Kohl's, made a report. I was told that they would resend the product. A week goes by and UPS not Kohl's emails me saying the case is closed. I called UPS and they said that Kohl's was not cooperating with them. Called Kohl's and they said UPS tried calling me. Needless to say this nightmare continues. I will no longer be shopping with Kohl's, it stinks that one incident led to this but I was continuously treated like a thief while just trying to get a pair of $30 headphones.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I was in Kohl’s today and was very disappointed as they would not grant my 15% coupon as they said it was only okay to use if I used it with my credit card. This is just not true. I went above the girl at register thinking the manager would know and she told me I could not use it either without credit card and then asked for someone else and they brought a guy Jay over and he wouldn’t listen to me as the other manager kept whispering to him.

My friend witnessed this and could not believe the coupon would not be granted. I am so disgusted they put me through all of that as it clearly says nothing about using a credit card so I left with a very bad shopping experience and left the clothes. I am going to let my friends know coupons are not granted in Milford, Mass. Because that is exactly what happened and I was talked down to and it was extremely unprofessional. I am not one who sits back and lets people treat me in this manner. I have been a great customer for years and sadly won’t be coming back.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I have had a Kohl's credit card since 1998. I have not carried a balance since 1998. Nor do I have any other debt. Started going paperless and apparently statements went into spam. I reached out to customer service, who understood. Says it happens and removed the late fees. My bill was $40.00. Kohl's had the audacity to report me to the credit bureau and claims they cannot fix the bad credit reporting. The CSR said I could dispute it with the credit bureau. I have the proof that I was given "forgiveness" as the late fees were waived. The CSR said I am responsible for checking Spam and my credit is my problem. Needless to say there is nothing at Kohl's that I can't find somewhere else. Please exercise caution and your options.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

If a customer orders and pays for a product that is Not in stock, what should you do? Do what Kohl's did, send something else. I ordered a mens shirt size 4X and received a size 8 boys shirt with a picture of a tractor on it. No one can make that mistake. Now they say the shirt is out of stock. This was my first order with Kohl's. Bad experience. ORDER **, GIANTS TAYLOR 56 HOF TEE. Color:, DARK BLUE, Size:, 4XL, 1, $20.00.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I ordered a gift for my daughter's baby shower and was told on the phone by the "foreign girl named Sue" that my order would be here in 2 days with the upgraded shipping. It is now a week later, no package and apparently "Sue" never upgraded the shipping, even after she said "I PROMISE you'll have this no later than Oct 10." So, I leave for out of town tomorrow to go to the shower with no gift in hand for my daughter all because Kohl's lousy customer service people can't enter information correctly. The package if it ever arrives will now sit outside while I'm gone in the rain and probably be stolen. After 5 phone calls to Kohl's and getting nothing but "Sorry. Don't know what to tell you." I'm done and so are my friends and family with this idiot store. I was a loyal customer for over 15 years but I have cut my card in half. I'll go to Macy's.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Got a new card. Tried to register. Robot would not allow me enough time to enter all 12 digits. Would get 5-6 and the robot would tell me it was wrong. Called customer service and got another robot that made very difficult to reach a human. When I did reach a human, he could barely speak English and could not understand my questions. When he did not understand he would read from his script. Spent most of that conversation verifying my information "for security." Never did get my issue resolved. The robot said I was chosen to review my experience if I stayed on the line. I did that but the review never came up. You simply hung up on me after I wasted another minute or two. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Just shredded my card and will shop elsewhere. Hope I am not the only customer you lose over this.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I called customer service to locate undelivered item that was ordered on Sept 21st. Customer service rep was hard to understand. Had to keep repeating myself. They offered to replace item with 30% off and free shipping. Total came to more than original item. Tried to have item shipped to store. Oh no can't do that. So I finally agree to their terms. Just happy that I can still get item until they tell me that they need to charge my card again. Not happy! I canceled the order. They tried to tell me, "We can't do that," and I said, "Oh yes you can," and hung up.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My husband cutting up our Kohl's charge card and I explained to customer service on phone you don't want to talk to him. It seems our balance is never zero. We make payments to the account but the online statement never gives us a "TRUE" balance. Very difficult to follow their credit card info online. The bargains aren't what Kohl's had in past. I find more bargains at BonTon. Bye Kohl's.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

A couple of months ago I updated my address on kohls.com and then ordered a few things. The following day I placed another order. I received my second order but not my first and when I called they said it was delivered already... telling me my old address. Not sure how or why it sent there when I had updated it and had no problem with my other order. I was told to call UPS & FedEx to set up a retrieval and if that was unsuccessful I would get a refund. I called back a week later and was told that they would open up a case and then I would receive my refund... Checked my online activity and nothing. Called again a week later rehashing the problem as well as the fact that now I was getting a bill for the items I never received... They apologized for the error and said they would issue me a refund and I should see it within 24-48 hours.

2 weeks later and another bill received still nothing... Now extremely frustrated as I ordered in July and it's now the end of September... I call again only to be told the solution was that I would not be receiving a refund for an online order. HOW COULD THIS BE A SOLUTION?? I vented to the agent I was speaking with who explained that this was my error and so they can't refund me... At this point I asked for a supervisor who to my dismay told me the same thing... I just can't fathom that the solution to this situation is for me to not get a refund after not receiving my items... Why am I paying for items that I never received? Is this my donation to Kohl's? Feels like I've been cheated... Not happy at all and extremely disappointed at this so called "SOLUTION " of theirs... There has to be a better way! If this is their solution I now know don't ever shop at Kohl’s because they just cheat their customers and make them feel like crap about errors made on their part.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Call began 3:50 p.m. What horrible service! Called re: balance subject to interest rate. Ian talked to me. Kept repeating my int. and balance; if I don't pay on time, int. chgd and late chg. Over and over kept saying NOT my question. 3 times same response. Finally asked for someone else. He had guts to tell me he answered my question. Said, “Did not! Give me someone else.” Was put on hold forever and he came back and repeated my int. and bal. “I WANT someone else!” Again hold.

Finally at 4:12 Deanna came on and I went through exact same thing! I could not believe after waiting forever, this is what I got. She, too, kept telling me my bal and int. Finally got upset and told her I have my stmnt in front of me and you are not answering my question. She said computer doesn't show my answer. Dear God! Finally told her she's telling me same things Ian did, getting nowhere. I want to be able to tell someone this not acceptable and she hung up! Nooo! Never got my question answered. This is absolutely deplorable service!!! Call ended 4:19 p.m.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

After setting up an auto pay on my Kohl's credit card account, the company turns off my auto pay without telling me and they charge outrageous late fees that are the same as my payments. This has happened to me multiple times. I have NO trust with this company and I suggest being very careful because the company appears to be taking advantage of people to try to make more money.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Kohl's used to be a decent store to shop at with a friendly staff and great deals. They have progressively gotten worse in both customer service and in sales. Here are my last two/three experiences: I attempted to return men's underwear because they were the incorrect size; granted with no receipt, but had purchased them on my Kohl's Charge Card. These were unopened. They were originally $28, but buy one, get one (BOGO) half off, so I purchased two pairs, and I wasn't expecting a full reimbursement, I simply wanted to exchange them for the exact same thing but different size. They told me I couldn't exchange them because they were "different" even though they were identical except for the size.

Then, they insisted they couldn't find the transaction on my Kohl's charge, so I couldn't exchange, and then said they could only give me a store credit of $2 to put toward the correct size, because they had been on sale for as low as $2. Which is a lie, because these are the only brand/style of underwear that I've worn for over 5 years, and they are never on sale, other than the BOGO half off. I kept the originals and purchased the correct size based on principle. I couldn't see returning something that I paid ~$21, for $2.

Next time I had Kohl's Cash. I went to purchase a Chaps shirt that was on sale for $35, had $20 in Kohl's Cash, and a 30% off coupon. They rang the shirt out and said it was $23, I then said "and that included the $20 Kohl's Cash?" I was told I couldn't use the coupon with the Kohl's Cash, which was possible before, but is one of the many policies they have changed. I said "then I'll just use the 30% off then", with intent of using the Kohl's Cash on something else to optimize my coupon/Kohl's Cash. They informed me that I couldn't combine the Coupon with the sales price. I eventfully got frustrated and gave up. I needed the shirt for a work event the following day, so, I basically paid $23 for a shirt that was on sale for $35, when I had $20 Kohl's Cash.

My wife called management when I got home and told her the story. They said the item was marked incorrectly and that's why it wasn't ringing up correctly. The item wasn't actually on sale and their signage was wrong. They offered to reimburse me the money if I returned to the store, which I have yet to do, but doubt I will. I just won't be shopping there anymore. Neither will my wife. I've been a Kohl's Most Valued Customer and credit card holder for over almost 15 years and won't spend another dollar in any of their stores. They hike their prices for 24-48 hours then put them on "sale" which is the same price or more expensive as every other retailer. Done with them, and you should be too!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I dont shop at Kohl’s often but my son wanted some specific jeans. They were advertised and a sign next to product saying you could save more on the item if applying for Kohl’s credit. Of course I didnt save anything at all because after I applied they told me that that product doesnt qualify. I made my first payment ok even though website was not user friendly. The second payment I set up ahead of time. I kept waiting for it to be deducted from my account.

So 2 days after the due date I called to check why my payment wasnt showing up. She acted like I just didnt pay it. She did agree to deduct the late charge only if I paid off the complete balance. I did since it was just 60 and I only planned to pay 30 this month. Hopefully this payment that I set up on the phone with the lady actually got set up. Never had so much trouble setting up a damn payment before. To me it was worth not dealing with the confusing website and being treated like it was my fault that the payment that was set up got messed up. Their prices are higher and the customer service is terrible and it seems there is a long list of items that you cant use your so called savings on. If I need to go to a department store I will gladly go to JC Penney.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I placed an order August 4, 2017. It is now September 18th and I still don't have the items but my card was billed of course. For some reason, Kohls.com cancelled the initial order. It took nearly a month to get the refund issued. I was told that the reason they did not process the order was because I had gotten married and there was a hold on the card through the fraud department. I went into a Kohl's brick and mortar store and updated everything with the fraud department the beginning of September.

After trying to place this order three additional times, speaking with Kohls.com, customer service and the fraud departments at least 3 additional times and being transferred from department to department, I decided to close my account! One Kohl's.com associate will give you different information than another. Buyer beware! Geez - these people have no idea what they are doing or how to run a business. I will NEVER shop at Kohl's again.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I told the jewelry associate I want to purchase a nice 10k diamond ring for my wife. She showed me a very nice ring that my wife loved. Purchased the ring 8/26/17. On 9/17/17 wife gave me the ring back and it was tarnished and showing spots of silver. Returned to store on 9/19/17. Lucky the associate remember me. She called a manager who told me that he never saw this with any of the jewelry so asked me to pick out another 10k. diamond ring. My wife picked another nice ring. I asked if I could see it. I read the tag. It clearly states 14k over silver. Nowhere in the jewelry case does it say this. The employee said they get mixed in sometimes but every ring from that case said the same thing. False advertising at its best. I will be closing my Kohl's account after this experience.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Due to a hardship, I fell behind on my payments. They've been blowing my phone up but I've been at work making a living so that I can pay my bills. My bills with Kohl's are electronic so I logged onto my account to get the payment amount and schedule my payments to get caught up. It wouldn't let me into my account. So, I called them and it made me talk to an actual person who was in another country. Went thru a humiliating conversation about how far behind I am and how I haven't made a payment.

I explained about my hardship but was told again how far behind I am. I explained that I am trying to get logged on to schedule the payments and was told that this is a courtesy to use the web account only for people who pay their bills. I said that I will use the automated number to schedule payments and am also not allowed to use that either. They said that since I am not getting my bills that I will have to go online and change to receiving mailed bills instead of electronic... DUH! You locked me out of it!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I have been a loyal Kohl's credit card customer for several years and have NEVER been late with a payment. I receive my statements via email but for some reason did not receive a statement for two months. I hadn't shopped there for a while so I was unaware that I owed $5.08. It wasn't until I made a purchase, and went online to pay it immediately, that I noticed the outstanding amount and a $2.00 service charge. Long story short -- Kohl's reported this to the 3 Credit Bureaus resulting in a 70+ point decrease in my credit score. 70+ points!!! I wrote a letter asking them to "forgive" this error, but to no avail. They refused. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT KOHL'S AGAIN!!!

Kohl's Company Information