3.2/5 (7760 ratings)

About Kohl's

Kohl’s is a department store that sells clothing, furniture, electronics and home appliances. You can purchase its products online or at a local store. With Kohl’s Cash, customers receive $10 in store credit for every $50 spent during certain promotions. You must return electronics within 30 days, but all other items are returnable up to 180 days after the date of purchase.

Kohl's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: June 24, 2022

I was excited to order this potato ricer at a very good price with my coupons. I even got free shipping. I opened up the box and went to wash it when I noticed rust all around the rim of the bowl where the die sit. I called Kohls and they happily sent me another one out. This time, instead of a nice box with the ricer nicely packaged, I got an envelope that looked like it had been all over the country in the back of a truck. I opened it up and found no packaging around the ricer. The ricer once again had rust around the rim. I called again but this time I had to get a complete refund because they only allow a replacement once.

They sent me another coupon plus a 25% off the item and an incident number reassuring me that all I had to do was call and order it via phone. What a joke, they claimed they can't verify me because they can't send me the code via my number that I have been using with them for years! This is after I gave them every bit of info that they wanted, last 4 of SS, last 6 of card number, my address, phone number and email address. I guess I should have read reviews because a lot of people are getting rusty potato ricers.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I had to return 2 items by UPS because we have no store for over 60 miles away. Kohl's refuses to reimburse me the return cost of $13.96. It's like being punished because they have no store here! How unfair is that!! They no longer have my business.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I received a gift that I wanted to replace for something else. The price tags were on the items returned but since I didn't have the receipt, Kohl's gave me about 40% of the value because there couldn't find the items in their system. Again, the TAGS were on the returned items??!! I got a store credit but will never buy anything from Kohl's after using this BS credit...

Original review: May 4, 2022

I’m seriously never one to complain or leave reviews but this was by far the WORST experience I’ve ever had with a online order. On 4/16/22 I placed a online order for shoes for my 3 year old, estimated delivery was 4/22/22. I received a notification saying the shoes could not be delivered because somehow the address was wrong and was informed I had 72 hour to call to confirm the right address to Lasership in order to receive the shoes. I called Lasership and was told they had no problem re-delivering the shoes to the right address but Kohl’s had to contact them with the right address. So my next step was obviously contacting Kohl’s.

The customer service lady told me they could not change the address on their end and that they were going to have to cancel my order and ship it back to their Warehouse and I had to wait for a refund and then order the shoes again. Another week goes by and I still had no refund. I went decided to purchase different shoes from Dicks Sporting Goods because I was not going to take a chance by ordering again from Kohl’s after this experience. All of a sudden the shoes showed up at my house. I once again contacted Kohl's asking why I now received the shoes without any update since I was told the order was canceled and I was going to be refunded.

The customer service employee said because of all the trouble they were still refunding me and sent the shoes as a gift/ apology for what had happened. It is now 5/3/22 and a refund has never actually been issued. I once again had to call Kohl’s customer service. They claim they see that a refund was in the system but actually never processed and they can’t issue another one in their system so now I have to physically bring in the shoes into the store to receive the refund and no longer get to keep the shoes. I was also told I had to bring in the shipping label into the store to receive the refund.

I explained I did Not have the label on the package anymore because I was Told I was Allowed to keep the shoes. The customer service representative said no problem he would email me one and I still Have yet to receive it. I’m sure you can understand why I’m very frustrated with this company. I saved All of my screenshots conversations about this issue just in case to cover myself. I will Never order online anything from KOHL'S ever again. Going into the store in person tomorrow to hopefully resolve this HORRIBLE experience. I pray I can get my money back. Who knew just trying to order my daughter shoes would turn into a 18day horrible issue like this!

Original review: April 30, 2022

This started in the end of March 2022. I pay off my credit cards off every month except... Let me explain. On around 2/14/22 I made an online purchase to use some Kohl's cash. The amount was very small $14. I totally forgot I made the purchase come March when the invoice amount was due. I mean absolutely forgot. No excuses, nothing! In five years I have never made a late payment, paid in full. I was and still am a great customer but yes, I am human. It was only recently that I also decided to go paperless. Oops, my mistake especially with Kohl's. Come April, my $14. charge was now $84.00 with late charges and oh, my squeaky clean credit report, not so much anymore. All that work and for $14 that I forgot, my credit dropped almost 100pts! I am livid.

No phone calls until April, no emails until April and then they lock me out so I can't go online and find out what happened. I have to call, and speak with someone that said "I apologize" umpteenth times but to no avail. If I had not opted for paperless, I would have received my statement as a reminder and all would be well. No one can help me with the unlocking of my account! I am helpless and at their mercy. I have always enjoyed shopping Kohl's however I have little or no patience for a company that cannot assist me technology wise. Never mind apologizing, do something. Find out what happened and fix it. All I want to do is sign on... it keeps telling me that my credentials are invalid. HELP!!! There's a lot to be fixed here to become more consumer friendly.

Original review: April 11, 2022

I order a Converse Madison Mid Top shoe size 8. When I received the shoes it is size 10. I tried calling Kohl's to do a switch/replacement for the correct size. The person keep telling me to bring to Kohl's. I got so many runaround. I decide to return the shoes and went to The Off Broadway Store. I thought Kohl's a best place to shop. Now, I am thinking twice about shopping online there.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

Ordered a hoodie online > went to Online Pick-up > was told by Customer Service it was sent to another store > that was the pinnacle of their problem-solving ability. Corporate Customer Service was equally inept at being useful but, both-in person and by phone, they both excel at frustration enhancement. Canceled the order > Closed my Kohl's account. Suggested they learn how customer satisfaction is good for business > be more Amazon~like.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

Bought a product at Kohls.com because it was mentioned I would receive $30 in Kohl’s Cash. However, I didn't see their e-mail and now it's "Expired". The expiration date is also VERY short, good luck with that. Customer service say they cannot do anything to help. Suuuure, it's not like if you had full access to my Kohl’s account and could add $30 in there. Well done Kohl's, you've just lost one more customer.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I have been waiting 10 days for an online order. I was told the order was fulfilled and they are waiting for USPS to pick up the package. Also, that I need to wait another week before they take action.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I have ordered several items mostly clothes. The quality and value exceeded my expectations. The return policy is very convenient in that you can take the order directly back to a local store for a return.

Kohl's Company Information