2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.46/5
Based on 1,377 ratings submitted in the last year

Kohl’s is a department store that sells clothing, furniture, electronics and home appliances. You can purchase its products online or at a local store. With Kohl’s Cash, customers receive $10 in store credit for every $50 spent during certain promotions. You must return electronics within 30 days, but all other items are returnable up to 180 days after the date of purchase.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Kohl's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I was very pleased and amazed at the same time with the efficiency of the online process especially for in store pickup. They made it so easy for me to search their website by category browse through the items to get what I want in a matter of a couple hours. The checkout online process was also very nice and easy. You can apply multiple coupons and promo codes on the order. I would highly recommend Kohl's. Great store with great promotions and organized online for in store pickup as well as items being shipped to me.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I went to Kohl's to make an Amazon.com return, and also to use my Kohl's Cash. This was my first time doing a return and it could not have been easier. I then found 3 items of clothes on clearance and used my Kohl's Cash, a 25% off coupon and Kohl's Card to pay. Got an excellent deal on all. Customer Service was Top Notch, too!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I went to Kohl’s to look for a birthday gift for a girlfriend with no particular item in mind. I was delighted to find many choices, reasonably priced, including items I would buy for myself as well. I did need to locate a coupon online to make the price more affordable. Medical—tricky with no real internet access in the store, but I succeeded and with the ability to combine my coupon with “always on sale” prices at Kohl’s, I felt I got a great deal. I will say that I shop there infrequently, so the Kohl’s cash promotion—never good till the next day—is always wasted on me.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I have become accustomed to shopping with Amazon. Therefore, having to walk and search a large portion of the store in an attempt to find what I was looking for was not my favorite part. With so many different areas to search, it just became too time consuming. However, I was able to locate the perfect pair of pants for the occasion and was happy with my purchase. My visit to the store was made so pleasant when the cashier greeted me with a big smile and she also found a coupon for me to save me more money. Happy with the purchase and with the savings.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Kohl's is a good mid-priced store less expensive than Macy's, but more than Target/Walmart, on par with JCPenney and Sears but the store appearance overall is more attractive with better floor arrangement. If you watch the ads, almost everything will go on sale and then they often stack the savings with a % off coupon on top of that. Your best savings are with a credit card and discount offers several times a year. They also have order online and pick up in store. If you can't find something in store, check one of the kiosks in-store and if you find it online, you can order there and they will ship to you free of charge. Another fairly recent benefit is Amazon returns and they'll give you a % off coupon for using this service. Pretty great store with a wide a variety of items, easy return and price guarantee policies.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I went to the Kohl's in Indy and purchased $280 worth of merchandise. I handed to clerk $200 cash and told her to apply rest to credit card. Next day I returned items to get coupon rate. They said I never gave them $200, I used my credit card. They said it never showed me doing that on video. I asked to see the video and they refused. I told them it was a lie. 20 minutes later I get a call from same guy saying I had a little receipt showing I paid $200 cash and it showed on the rest of the video they had seen. I was told they would give me 35% off for my troubles. I had already canceled my card. I told they security guy this was so wrong on so many levels and I want my money back. He said he can't do that and to talk to the manager the next day. In the meantime, they had credited my canceled card $280 and the manager the next day said, "You will have to ask for a refund from the credit card company." To this date no money.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Hi I reached out to Kohl's numbers times 7/8/20 Gene D., 7/8/20 Joylen Z A, 7/9/29 Danika M, 7/9/20 Laramie S., 7/9/20 Edward R., 7/10/20 Lara S. And it’s sad not once person chose to do their job and help answer my question. Beyond words frustrating and annoying. Poor customer service really makes me rethink who to give my business to. There’s clearly a huge glitch in Kohl's system that needs to be addressed and fixed. You purchase an item it shows up as one number then you do a return and it shows up as another number.

For example 6/17/29 4:52pm Millbury, Ma misses swimwear $35.99 numbers ** on original receipt 6/15/20 5:58pm Millbury,Ma misses swimwear **. Then again 3 more. 1. misses swimwear returned ** $29.99 purchases number ** 2. return ** and 3. ** $38.99 purchased numbers ** and ** and junior bottoms returned ** $17.50 purchased **. So it’s more than one store so it’s not even linked to just one store. Then another issue is two returns coming in other than the total on the receipt. What is going on? This is beyond confusing and doesn’t make sense and makes it hard to keep track and to know if it’s all done accurately. They need to fix this yet they don’t seem to care or want to.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Hi. I had card from last 10 years and never was defaulter but missed some 5$ payment and they reported to credit bureau without any mail or call. My credit score was screwed by 80 points. I paid whatever was pending but they don't even correct their reporting. Just stay away from KOHL'S and their stupid card if want to buy home or keep good credit.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Do NOT use a credit card with this company. They shifted my payment due date. I purchased items in July and they should not have been up to be due until Sept - they made the due date in August and would NOT allow me to purchase other items today due to their system error. Customer service is rude and unfriendly. Will start buying clothing at Gap, Old Navy and other stores.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I missed a payment in March due to Covid breakout, earthquakes for weeks and rushing to teach 150 students online and missed a payment, they sent this to the credit bureau. I’ve shopped here for 20 years and they do this. I’m so done with Kohl’s, beware. This is very pathetic and other businesses, from my understanding worked with their customers, not greedy Kohl’s, shoot to ruin credit.

Kohl's Company Information