1.19/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1546 Kohl's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I purchased a mixer on Kohls.com in October while they were on sale. I had a percentage off coupon and also used Kohl's cash that I had. When I received the mixer I didn't like the color so I contacted customer service to see how I could exchange it. They looked for the color I wanted in stores and it wasn't available so I was told to return the mixer to the store and purchase again online at the now higher price. They would then refund me the difference. I was promised this wouldn't be an issue, it would be simple and fast. 3 months, 5 chat conversations later and hours of my time they still have not refunded me the full amount of the difference.

As of this morning less than half of the promised amount posted to my bank account. I was told this was because of the Kohl's cash. The last supervisor I dealt with wouldn't read the previous chat conversations thoroughly and accused me of using the Kohl's cash. It very clearly states in the conversation that the representative was going to manually adjust my Kohl's cash (take it away) so that it could be an even exchange and I would be receiving my refund of $135 in 7-10 days.

One month later I hadn't yet received it so I contacted them again. I was told it should post to my account within 2 days. One month later I still hadn't received it. The supervisor then said he would only refund me half of the amount because I couldn't give him the Kohl's cash numbers that I should have earned from the purchase. The Kohl's cash that was taken away! I want my money back that I was promised from 3 different employees, they should at least honor their word after wasting hours of my time. Also what's the point of reference numbers if they don't even read the conversations and make me rehash everything again over and over asking the same questions.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

From returning without a receipt to receiving a corporate refund the whole overall experience stinks!! Rude! On 11/30/18 I went into the Santa Maria Kohl's to do an exchange. I didn’t have a receipt so I used my California ID. The return amount was 302.36 and the girl said to me, "Thanks. Have a good night”. I was like, "Wait. Where’s my store credit?" She said, "Oh it does this randomly where it just mails you a check from corporate office." I'm so confused at this point because this girl is nice, she just doesn’t know anything. So I leave the return desk feeling ripped off, angry and betrayed. I see my sister in law as I see here a man in plain clothes asks us to stop so we did. He yells, "Hey you. STOP. YOU STOLE THAT VACUUM. I'M CALLING THE COPS!!" Man I was so embarrassed. He said this in front of everyone. I mean everyone.

I asked him what he meant and he said he seen my sister walk in without a Dyson Vacuum and when he looked up again she was returning one at the return desk. I yelled at him, "SIR YOU'RE CRAZY. WE WALKED IN WITH BOTH THESE ITEMS. WATCH THE TAPE." He insisted he did watch the tape and can we come with him to his office. I said, "Sure." I said, "Call the cops. We did nothing wrong." He said he will and I called him a name or two so he asked me to leave so I did. Anyways he ended up rewinding the tape and seeing in fact we did walk in with the Vacuum. That man embarrassed me in front of the entire store. I was so embarrassed. I’m a taxpayer and a law abiding citizen.

My Uncle needed those suits for the year anniversary of the Montecito fires. He was a guest at the ringing of the bell and thanks to Kohl's I’m out 302.36 because not only did they make me wait indefinitely for a corporate refund I never received and when I talked to Jim at corporate he was extremely rude. See I live in California Silo. If I wake up at 9 am and call the corporate refund office it’s ALWAYS CLOSED. 9 am California time so this particular day I had to wake up at 5 am to call And when I finally get through 2 1/2 hours later I’m tired and irritated and this Jim is completely rude accusing me in a passive way of stealing my own mail.

I'm flabbergasted. I really am. I’ve never had to deal with so many idiots in one company. What happened to the customer and what makes us happy. They can look up My ID card. I’ve never once returned anything ever to Kohl's without a receipt. This was my first time. I had to file with the BBC BECAUSE I’m not letting these people push me around!! I want my refund. I want it as soon as possible.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I sure wish I would have read these reviews before I made an online purchase. I bought a coat at an exceptional price but was so scratchy I chose to return it. The coat cost $100 and the cheapest option to return was $32 (I don't live within 100 miles of a KOHL'S to return in person). I called customer service telling them that I have no issue in paying postage fees but felt that a 30% charge was so ridiculous and that no other retailers charge close to that much. They suggested I return the item in person and refused a refund.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I purchased 2 times on Kohl’s a week apart from each other. The first time, I updated my billing and shipping addresses. Removed the old shipping and billing address and phone number. The 2nd time I went to purchase the old information was back again, but I didn't notice because my addresses were one digit apart from each other: 1500 and 1501. When I tracked my package because it was supposed to be delivered today, I realized on FEDEX it was going to the wrong address.

When I called customer service, they said they had no record of me removing my old address: despite my 1st shipment coming correctly, and this was my fault and Kohl’s will not help in any way. They would not ship me new product. They would not call FEDEX to redirect, they would not do anything. They said, and I quote: 'if you don't like my answer, you can get on Kohls.com and leave a negative review about our call'. That was it. They were zero help and they had zero compassion for my order or feelings. I will NEVER do business with Kohl’s again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have had a Kohl's store charge card for many years. I have found it extremely cumbersome to make payments online. Have been using the same computer device for 8 years and have to answer security questions every time. I have attempted to make payments on the due date only to be told that there was a problem and I should try again later, or to have to reset my username and password because the shopping and charge payment sites are different... But I have NEVER shopped online at Kohl's. I have stopped shopping at Kohl's, will pay off the card and deal with companies that take better care of their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

When pursuing the $500.00 gift card promo on the sales receipt, I was not interested in the multiple advertising options and checked "no". I was then dumped! Negative PR. Nothing but an advertising scam.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

If I could choose zero stars I would. I ordered one item. When the package arrived, it was not the item I ordered. I called and they re-sent the item. Again it was the wrong item. I called a second time and they assured me they would send the correct item. I never received a package. I called and was told they had no record of the problem. They seemed to have difficulty understanding that the item they sent was not what I ordered. Finally they agreed to issue a refund. It never showed up on my account. I started the process all over again through email.

After many emails back and forth and sending photos of the incorrect item and a screenshot of my order confirmation which included a photo of the item I wanted, they told me it was their mistake. The barcodes on the two items were switched. They asked me if I wanted the correct item sent or a refund. After I replied, they informed me that too much time had passed and they would not be able to investigate the issue any further.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Received some items as Christmas gifts from my mother. Returned 2 of said gifts with the provided gift receipts. Received X amount of dollars for the 2 items in the form of a store credit, yet questioned the amounts I received as it was less than what was on the original receipt (which I was able to view). When I questioned this, I was told "That's the amount that was on the gift receipts".

Cut to a week or so later, I returned back with the ORIGINAL receipts showing the higher amounts that I (feel) I was supposed to receive. After getting a manager to the customer service desk (and after her making a couple of calls), I was told the lesser amount was because of the KOHL'S CASH that was received by the purchaser. SO, my mother has to pay the HIGHER AMOUNTS for the items, yet I only received the lesser amounts, because of the Kohl's Cash she received. Very fishy business practices!! Been a Kohl's shopper for many years, but seriously considering being a FORMER KOHL'S SHOPPER! It appears as if many others are feeling the same!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Bait and Switch. Terrible customer service. I purchase two items for shipping. Kohl's then says I must pick the item up, TWO HOURS AWAY. They won't ship the item to me. Can't refund item since I no longer have the original gift card. This entire process was a scam to steal money. It had become clear that Kohl's steals money from "customers" on a regular basis. They should all be fired, shut down and held legally accountable.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I made an order on Kohl's online store and it was the worst experience I have ever had with a company before. I order an Oshkosh Puffer Jacket as a gift for my niece's Birthday, a hoodie, a pair of sweatpants, and a pair of tights. My order total was $61.04 and all items were on sale, thought it was a great little deal. Order is confirmed and I get an email with the details, all is well. Then the next night I get an email saying "We couldn't complete order **, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact us to figure out the next steps toll-free at 1-888-890-1755. You have not been charged for this order. If you used Gift Cards or Kohl's Cash on this order, the amount will be refunded within the next 2 days. Since you have not been charged, no Kohl's Cash has been accrued."

So naturally that night after seeing the email I check my bank to see if I was charged and I was. So I wait until the next morning for their call center to be open and make the call. The woman that helped me told me that they just needed to verify my identity and that she needed my birth date, email, and the last four digits on my card, which I promptly gave. She proceeded to tell me that the name logged with my phone did not match my name and she could not verify even though if you look at the caller id I was using the phone in question for this call.

Here is the kicker, she told me that I was credited back my money (with a quick check I could see that I had indeed been given my money back since the previous night) and I would have to place my order again, and that it should be no problem because all of the items are still in stock. I kept asking her why they cancelled in the first place and she said it was just part of a procedure... but that is not really an explanation. This woman basically just politely ran me in circles. A company should have a clear and concise answer for why they have cancelled a customer's order, if it is just "part of a procedure" then explain to me what that procedure is. Still waiting on a callback from a supervisor, although I doubt they will call.

I liken this experience to going into a store and taking my time carefully selecting my purchase. Going to the counter where they ring me up with no problem, then instead of bagging my purchase the clerk says "Oh my goodness it is cancelled!" and then places it back on the shelves only to return to the counter and tell me that I can go and grab the items again and try to repurchase. Needless to say I simply found the same Oshkosh jacket on Amazon for $10 more and I think it was worth to pay the extra and actually receive my item.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ordered 2 pairs of jeans online. My cc was charged the amount of the order. Then 30 minutes later my cc was charged 2 more times for each pair of jeans. When I called customer service I was told the charges will fall off in 7 to 10 days. What if I could not afford that overage charge. I will never shop at Kohl's again. I will probably return the jeans out of principle.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Ordered carpet cleaner online. 299.99 with 40% coupon. Paid 179.99 plus tax of $14.85 total 194.84. Earned 45$ Kohl's cash. They sent wrong cleaner. Returned cleaner. Was credited $142.88. Should have been credited 194.84 -$45 Kohl's cash which is 149.84. They kept $6.96 that doesn't belong to them and they will not fix. Done with Kohl's. The biggest thing is I could have kept the $100 cleaner and not noticed it. Then I would have been screwed $100. No skin off their back. They have made me mad and hurt my feelings. Don't need the store.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I visited the Fenton MO Kohl's this morning to return a camera I purchased for my granddaughter for Christmas that she received a duplicate. I paid $60 for the camera in November. The clerk informed me that they would deduct $15 Kohl's cash that I got for purchasing the camera then had to give me $18.76 in Kohl's cash. Then either credit my Kohl's card for 28.07 or give me store credit for this amount. I told her my credit card has been paid and I wanted the cash back. Why the $18.76 in Kohl's cash that had to be used in a week I have no idea and she could not explain. She told me it has to be done this way. I told her she is forcing me to spend the credit in their store and she said, "Yes that is the way it is."

Why does Kohl's used our money? I will not shop there again as this is the poorest customer service I have ever experienced. Sad. Amazon and Pennys never give me grief and keep my hard earned money. Warning to all, do not trust Kohl's not to keep your money and certainly do not use your Kohl's charge. My daughter told me if I wasn't so honest I could have gotten store credit for the $60 I spent on the camera if I told them I didn't have a receipt. Boy it doesn't pay to be honest.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I went to Kohl’s this morning to return boots that I had bought my daughter for Christmas. I did not realize she had two right boots. All I wanted to do was have them exchanged or reorder. They did not have any more in the store so the clerk informed me that I would have to reorder them. Here’s the best part I had the gift receipt and the value was a lot less than what I purchased them for...interesting!!! It’s good thing I had the original receipt on me. So I was able to get a store credit for my daughter. Very poor customer services and what kind of scam are you running when the gift receipt is less than the original. This needs to be looked into. How many people so with the gift receipt not knowing how much the person actually paid. Wow!!! The CEO ARE RAKING IT IN!!! Very unhappy customer.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

First, know that when you call, 99% of the time it's another country that has no clue about Kohl's that answers the phone. Had someone in Asia and then sent to the Philippines when I asked for the US. Ordered my bosses their gifts. Kept looking at tracking every day and was to arrive on the 19th. Our party was the 21st. On the 18th, the day it was to come I get an email from Kohl's saying they cancelled my order because they were out of stock! They couldn't tell me that when I ordered it. Waited til the day it was to arrive. Called and finally got someone in Milwaukee, WI and asked for the corp # and all they ever say is we don't have that information sorry. LIARS!

I emailed "customer support," told them I keep getting told that and I know there is someone higher up they can give me a phone # too or even an email. They respond back telling me to call the customer service # for help. They don't even read the emails and pay attention to what their customers are saying. If you want something to be sent for a certain time, I would go elsewhere. I never will trust Kohl's again. Sad that so many people have had so many issues and they have done nothing to make their customers happy. Lie after lie.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I placed an online order for a PS4 Sideman Bundle. It was a great deal! I paid for it and got a receipt. Then THE NEXT DAY for no good reason Kohl's went ahead a canceled my order, no raincheck, no explanation, nothing! I didn't see the email for a couple days so I didn't bother looking for another Black Friday deal until it was too late. Way to screw your customer Kohl's! I WILL NOT BE BUYER ANYTHING FROM KOHL'S EVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Will never use or go to Kohl's again!!! Ordered boots for granddaughter's Xmas gift on 12/17. Guaranteed delivery 12/21-12/24. 12/18 order fulfilled and UPS label created. 12/19, 12/20, 12/21 - no change to status. Still showing UPS label created. Called and chatted 4 times - GUARANTEED 12/24 delivery. Chatted again 12/24 and still GUARANTEED 12/24 delivery. Never received. Granddaughter had no gift to open.

Called 12/26 - on the phone for over 1 hour. Told that item was not in stock - so I had been LIED to the entire time??? Would not make any compensation except to issue credit, which I had already been charged for and received monthly statement with that item on it, and 200 rewards points. Absolutely unacceptable! I will be closing my Kohl's charge and NEVER GOING OR ORDERING from Kohl's again. I could have ordered boots from other sites but trusted Kohl's to provide the best service! WRONGGG!!!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I ordered online and item needed to be returned. I went to the store in person to return this item for a credit. Very fast service, did not even need or show my C/C. All I needed was the packing slip. I was out the door in minutes. Received my credit super fast on my C/C.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered 3 Christmas gifts from Kohl's in plenty of time for delivery. I only received one! I will NEVER order from them again! After over an hour on the phone they were only able to tell me how sorry they were and that my CHRISTMAS presents could be delivered ON THE 27th of DECEMBER!!! I opted for a refund of the items that weren’t delivered and declined their 20 % off coupon for future purchases. I’d rather pay twice as much than ever order from them again!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Not only did I find my experience at the local Forest Hill, MD store poor, but I learned when dealing with the corporate leadership Michelle Gass and Sona Chawla that incompetence and inconsideration is a corporate wide culture. Those I contacted directly would not reply and those who I did speak to that stated they would contact me back failed to fulfill their word. My issue was not properly resolved. My wife and I contacted the store first as we had a baby seat purchased for us that was the wrong model. Due to the age and location of the relative who purchased it, we were unable to secure a receipt. We called in advance specifically to ask if we would receive a store credit or a check refund without a receipt and were told a corporate check refund for the lowest amount the model was ever sold for. This was confirmed by Mary when we entered the store.

As it turns out, Kohl's only provides store credit. I am fine with the policy, and am not fine with being told something not in line with that policy. As a result we relinquished the car seat the store (unopened/factory sealed box) which they have since returned to their warehouse, however, we have received nothing of a refund of any sort. I've talked to Shelley at their corporate office and she constantly interrupts while you speak. 2 emails to their corporate executives and no reply of any sort. The store credit is a waste for us as it puts us out $250 we'll need to pay out of pocket to replace. In a day and age when most companies are willing to work with you when they see their associates are in error, Kohl's will throw you to the cold at your financial negative.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered several packages from kohls.com on Black Friday, spent over $600 online. My last package said it was shipped 11/24 but every day the shipping information would change. I called the customer service Department and explained what was going on. The reps response was “be patient”. I told her I was more than patient as I had already waited 3 weeks. She continued to tell me that the package was scheduled to be delivered the next day. When I tried to explain to her that the shipping info changed every day, she told me “STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE”. Needless to say I was livid! I wasn’t negative I just wanted my package. I asked to speak to a supervisor who was also no help!

After hanging up with them, I received several emails from different people asking me once again to be patient but at no point and time did any of them try to accommodate me or offer compensation. When I asked if they could ship another item and if the original one arrived I would return it, they said No! I never dealt with a company that had such poor customer service! I’m in shock that such a huge company operates this way. Needless to say, they have lost a customer. BTW month later I still haven’t received my package.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Absolute worst online ordering company to deal with. I placed an order online on "Black Friday." Item was in-stock and shipped to me. I made multiple Christmas purchases this day from Kohl's, lots of money was spent. What a surprise I had when the Nintendo Switch Bundle I ordered was not in the box, it was a $25 remote controlled car, with the packing slip for the Nintendo - How are they even alike??? I called Kohl's, I was told to return it to the store to receive my credit. I ran down there to stand in line for 40 mins. Returned the item less the Kohl's I had earned and used from its original purchase. The item was not available in the store so I again had to call customer service to place the order for the item. The only one available was a Nintendo Switch nonbundle at a higher price.

I was getting less and paying more than my original purchase. The representative said she would place the order and open a case for me to get the difference back. WHAT A JOKE!! I have over 20 emails asking me to re-state my case and telling me they "can't" because it wasn't the same item. I would happily take the "same item" but they don't have it in stock. This is the 3rd time I've been sent the completely wrong item and had to waste my time on the phone and returning it to the store. This time I'm out a bit of money and at Christmas. They have lost a long time customer.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I ordered gifts a week ago, the day they were to arrive I get an email that they were out of stock so cancelled my order! I called, first person was in Asia, I asked to be transferred to US they sent me to the Philippines. Those people cannot understand anything! I did talk on chat and saved it to show people how stupid they are and how they lie to the customers. I ask for corporate and all they give me is the customer service # that I have already called! They say they don't have any corp info. LIE! I will never order on the site again because I cannot trust I will get it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Ordered 2 games on sale during Thanksgiving for a gift. I received one and not the other. Called customer service, the girl couldn't speak English and hung up after saying she had to go. Called back after waiting online for about 30 minutes and finally talked to a man who said he would re-ship the missing item and I should expect it in 7-10 days. After 10 days I had to call back (another 1/2 hour) and discovered the man had refunded my purchase. I asked for the item I wanted. The agent told me she could re-order it for me but not at the same sale price, but they could issue a refund for the difference. I said okay. They shipped the wrong version of the item and I still have not received the refunded difference in price. They don't have a handle on their online orders or customer service. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Just spoke to a real witch named Shelly ** from Kohl's corporate offices. She was nasty, smug, and condescending. Frequently spoke over me and chastised me for not checking to see if the jewelry they sold me was missing a back. I returned the earrings and they deducted the $10 Kohl's cash. Fair enough. Not looking for a handout. Refused to refund the tax however and shorted my refund (less than $1). When I told her that they should have returned the taxes good old Shelly told me that I FEEL I've been shorted but I haven't.

No, Shelly, I can count. I also know that any taxes paid on returned merchandise must be returned to the customer. You don't get to keep it. Tried telling me how Kohl's is "thriving." Only because of old people who think they're getting a great deal with the Kohl's cash scam they run. Don't shop there. If you do, throw that Kohl's cash in the trash. It is just an inducement to get you to spend more money on their trashy, subpar merchandise. You get the same quality merchandise, and a lot of times better, out of Walmart. Buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Dec 8 2018 place a order online for women shoes for a gift for Christmas my mother. Ok. Dec 9 got an email saying my order is on the way. Should receive it by Dec 13th, Dec 9 got a email saying received order by 13th thru 17th. Ok. 13th came by no order. So I called, told me by 13th thru 17th again. By the end day Dec 17th still no order. Also can't even track it by UPS, they never received the order. Call Dec 18. Now they saying, "Sorry we will give a refund". TF. And I got to wait 7 business days to get my freaking money back. Why they lie to me. It's not right at all. This order was made Dec 8 2018. SMDH. If I don't rec my money will put fraud on them. I will never order, shop with them ever and I will make a video on YouTube about them. I wish I find this site before doing business with them.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I purchased two items online. One was shipped to one location, and the other to a separate location. After driving 20+ miles on a Sunday morning, I was faced with a long line of people returning merchandise. The girl on duty said I'd have to wait because she was the only one on duty. So much for the convenience of buying online and the speedy pickup promise.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

So, I recently lost a LOT of clothes due to water damage. A family friend gave me $500 to buy new clothes, and I decided to shop online with Kohl's. Placed an order around $500, my bank initially flagged it as fraud, but I cleared it with them, whatever. Then, a few hours after I placed the order, Kohls.com decided it would cancel my order and lock my account. It's Saturday night and I paid for 1-day shipping for OVER TWENTY ITEMS because I need them ASAP so I don't show up to Christmas looking like a giant bag of trash because I have few clothes that fit.

Anyway. Apparently, I have to call Kohl's tomorrow to fix this, and I'm going to be livid if even one item is out of stock or my order arrives one day late. I'm a long-time customer who has never caused a problem. I'm guessing this is possibly due to the large dollar amount (whatever, some people have money) or the fact that my billing and shipping addresses are different (this is not abnormal and I recently moved). Regardless, I shouldn't have to put up with this. Do better, Kohl's.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I have been trying to sign up for the sales alerts via email for the past 3 weeks and have been unsuccessful. No matter what I do, or who I talk to, the emails never come. I am dumbfounded about this. Usually, when I sign up to a company with my email, I immediately get an email welcoming me to the their family. Kohl's just doesn't care about their customers. I am going to cut stop using my Kohl's card and will not shop there again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Went to Kohl's today to purchase some Christmas presents. I was told my Kohl's Credit card had expired. I spent nearly 20 minutes while the clerk did an inquiry on me for credit application. I was then told I would not get the discounts so walked out and threw away my old credit card along with some more paperwork to fill out to reapply for credit. It seems I need the lousy credit card to get the discounts. Also for some odd reason my credit score went down 7 points because I was asking for a credit card! A card I had but was expired. The guy with cash finishes last. Kohl's is high priced to begin with so without the discount they are worthless to me. I will be doing my shopping at WalMart this year. A very disappointed customer at the Shakopee Minnesota location.

Kohl's Company Information