3.41/5
Based on 1,584 ratings submitted in the last year

1621 Kohl's Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 11, 2019

It takes 3+ hours for them to process online orders and get back to you to inform you that what you just purchased is out of stock which they don't even tell you outright. They make you call in and go through quadruple verification to inform you of their incompetence. Good luck competing with Amazon.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I pay ALL my bills online. That's just what I do. I have absolutely NO problems with the 10-15 other websites I visit to pay bills from energy payments and water bills to mortgage and credit cards. EVERY single time I attempt to log into the KOHL's website to make a payment, it does not allow me to. I attempt to re-register my card number to no avail. I have absolutely NO doubt that it’s not just me as I've tried to log in using FireFox, Microsoft Edge, Google, etc. NONE of them work!! And if was just me, then why do none of the other companies I pay online give me this same grief?

I am believing that KOHL’S does this purposeful so that people cannot pay on time and they can charge late fees!!! This has not been a one-time occurrence. It's been every month for the last 2 years and I am just at my wits’ end with this site. It makes me want to cancel the entire credit card account! I would like the Better Business Bureau to investigate the many issues as I have read several other complaints as well.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I was making a return of one item that I purchased at the store in Roseville MN and I had purchased 3 items. Bras were posted buy one get 50% of another, only bought one. 42.00 I purchased a Tek activewear shirt again buy one get 50% off another, only bought one 8.00 is what I paid on my receipt. And one other shirt for 17.99 not on sale. Total 67.99. I go to return the Bra, which shows I paid 42.00 but the return amount was 36.21.

I look at my receipt and ask to speak to a manager. A gal that appeared to be just out of High School comes up and in a very condescending tone, says, "Yes, that is how the buy one works." I was like, I ONLY BOUGHT ONE BRA. If you look at my receipt the refund total for the Tek shirt was $13.79?? HUH, so if I had only returned the shirt, they would have given me more than I paid? I ended up getting my 50.00 refund and paying full price for the 16.00 Tek shirt. What kind of a scam is this? I was told it is a one for one. I was not able to buy any additional lingerie and get that at 50% off, in fact IT rang up at full price. I am done with KOHL'S and their "sales."

Also turns out the manager was actually the "store manager" SNOTTY SNOTTY not friendly not accomodating and this is NOT how they advertise these sales. ALL THE BRANDS are listed. All the BRAS, ALL THE TEK wear, it didn't say that ANY ITEM YOU BUY THAT IS IN THE BUY ONE 50% off sale would be included. Truly a false lead in my opinion.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Don't waste your time. You never know when prices will change, whether a coupon will be honored, they say up to 6 promos can be used, but that is a lie. You will spend hours online finding your products, trying to use your promos and Kohl's cash, then will be denied using them. You have literally 0 minutes to cancel an order. The site says I believe 15 to 30 minutes. That is also a lie. Don't waste your time or money here. Sizes of clothes and quality of items are also inconsistent. I'm no longer a customer, or a cardholder!!!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I placed an online order and realized I had never entered a shipping address. No big deal, I was able to call right away and figured they could cancel the order or correct the address. I spoke to the customer service agent 5 minutes after my order was placed. He informed me that it was already sent to processing and that nothing could be done. He told me I should contact the person at the house or go to the address to pick it up. I explained that I could not do this as I live in another state and do not know the people at the home. I requested a supervisor and they told me the same thing. I hung up very frustrated. I called back a few minutes later and spoke to someone else.

She apologized for the other agents response to me. She told me that she fixed the shipping address. I was then contacted by email explaining that they weren't able to cancel my full order but that they were able to cancel the $200 car seat I ordered. The next day I received an email saying the car seat had been shipped. This means that over $200 of merchandise is going to an address I'm unable to receive items at. I continued to email back to customer service and they blamed me for the error saying I entered the incorrect address and that I needed to call them sooner. It was an address that was a default one in my account as I used to live there and I realized right away that I had never entered the address I wanted to send it to. I literally called them the moment I placed the order, so 25 seconds after it was placed, I was dialing the customer service number.

So beware, once you submit the order, they are physically incapable of changing the address and you will be responsible for trying to get a hold of your stuff or hoping the person at the address is kind and honest and refuses the shipment. Otherwise, you will be paying money for something that you will never receive. I guess they are ok with basically stealing from you since their system is incapable of fixing an error even when immediately contacted. Don't give them your online business. I'll stick to Amazon which makes it easy to cancel an order right away. That $200 I'm paying for nothing will stick with me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

Original review: June 17, 2019

I almost always have nothing but trouble placing an order with Kohls.com! They send me emails offering me discounts and say they give you "Kohl's CASH" for your orders, but when you try to apply them, they NEVER work! Then you have to call in to the call center and hope that you get a helpful rep that can finish placing your order for you. Otherwise you just waste a ton of time and it is all for nothing. It is not worth the hassle. Save time and order elsewhere online since they try to lure you in with CASH BACK that never works and your reward for all the trouble is nothing but more headaches!!!

Original review: June 11, 2019

I can rate as low as bad, if I had a way. I have ordered kids clothes in clearance online in march but none of them were delivered. When I called customer care, they said address was wrong. How the address could be wrong, where as all the merchants were able to deliver correctly. When I called customer care for 4 times, these are my most worst experiences. They gave wrong assurances every time saying that I will get refund in 7 days. Do I have only this task to check whether I received refund to Kohl's card and call back them. This is really frustrating and decided not to shop with Kohl's and not to suggest anybody to shop with Kohl's.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I went to the Naples, Fl Kohl’s to buy an electric razor in their ad for a Father's Day gift. They had 1 left in a very beat up box. I went to customer service to open the box and have it checked out. It was missing the top of the razor. The only option they had was to use the kiosk to order one. I was going to do this but shipping couldn’t guarantee it in the next 4 days for Father's Day. I asked customer service about covering expedited shipping and they said no. Asked for the manager and got an assistant who also said "no".

In my experience you would definitely help them get the item to the store at least!! Anyway I told them I would just be posting and reviewing that this Kohl’s has no desire to help customers. I went back to get the assistant manager's name and she called the store manager who also just said "no". These folks at the Naples Kohl’s have no understanding of customer service or doing what it takes to keep customers. Many other stores will still help customers so everyone should choose other stores than Naples Kohl’s.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I purchased 2 items online and had to return them, which I did in the store. The receipt shows the refund amount to be 15% lower than the purchase price. Why? Because I used a 15% coupon online ("YOUSAVE15"), and they effectively take this back during the refund! So my refund is 15% less than it should have been.... What a huge disappointment!

Original review: June 6, 2019

I have had my Kohl's account since 2002 and have perfect payment records. Now I find out they have been charging me $37.00 a month late fees on a bank bill pay push that they say is received 1 day late and that because of the late fee I am not making the minimum payment so it keeps on adding up and up, to the tune of $300 in fees in 10 months without so much as notice. I do not receive a monthly statement and have had a prior conversation about it with them previously to clear up the matter and have the late fee waived only for it to happen again without notice or resolution from the previous conversation.

The last rep I spoke to me actually told me it was a known bank bill pay issue that happens all the time. So they know about it being an issue and do not notify their customers, just to keep racking up the late fees. I am waiting on a call from a supervisor at this point and also writing a review on every site possible so the consumer is warned of this unethical practice to fleece good paying customers with a hidden agenda they are well aware of.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Kohl’s credit owed me over $700 because I accidentally paid them off twice. When I checked my credit after receiving a credit alert I noticed the 40 point decline. I noticed that they had reported ME delinquent by 90 days and counting by the over $700! I called them and they stated they they had been overpaid and would send a check (that was over two weeks ago) and there was nothing they could do about the credit. As of today. Months after I paid the debt, the time keeps clicking off. I’m disgusted.

Original review: June 4, 2019

If you want to really show your college pride, then these Syracuse University T-shirt’s are for you! You LITERALLY will turn ORANGE! Awful. The dye will ruin everything it touches. My white bra is ruined and we tried soaking and rinsing for HOURS and it’s still awful. These were purchased as gifts for family to wear to a graduation, what a great gift we thought! Wrong! It’s a good thing we realized this before I sat on my brothers brand new white sectional. We’d be talking about a way bigger reimbursement. They better check with their supplier. I have never seen anything like it.

Original review: June 1, 2019

After applying for Kohl's charge account, I was approved for a $300 credit line. I ordered 2 different times online while waiting for my physical Kohl's charge card to come in the mail. Both times, my items arrived days later then the date stated they would arrive. When I received my card in the mail and after activating the card, I went to a Kohl's store itself to shop the huge 2 day sale. While cashing out, I swapped my card, my rewards info popped up but the cashier said, "Huh. Not sure why it's saying I need to contact the 800 number." She cleared it and tried it again, same thing. I told her I previously ordered 2 different times online with my charge account. She said I should do it online then because the sale was 1 more and it was too late to call the number. Frustrated I left empty handed (plus if I used my charge account I would have extra discounts I wanted for my purchases which she couldn't do for me if I didn't use my card).

I tried to order for store pickup online the next day, when getting to the submit your payment, it stated my Kohl's charge card had failed, I was nowhere near my due date, I still had credit to use (under the value of my items), I called the 800 number but they couldn't tell me why it wasn't working for me, so I'm left with a shrug and a big, "Oh well." Thanks Kohl's, no wonder you approved me, to make money off of people who qualify for a card. Basically my card is useless.

I did go back online and hit register a new card for the 2nd time, entering my card info, it said, "Thank you for activating your new Kohl's charge card" and I decided a 2nd email saying, "Thanks for re-registering your card account..." I even did it a 3rd time thing. Maybe that might've been a reason it wasn't working. Told me again, "Thanks for re-registering your card." I have never had so many problems from a store credit account or credit card account ever in my life. Thanks a lot.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I purchased 4 items from Kohl's. 3 didn't fit. I tried out their "hassle free returns". It was anything but. They give you a label to stick on a package so I brought it to the UPS and FedEx stores, they both couldn't scan them. I called customer service and they then told me that their easy sticker isn't a real label, and they would have to email me a label, but not to worry (hassle free remember) in 24-48 hours I would have a label that I could use. She even went out of the way to tell me that it shouldn't even take that long. That's what the company tells her to say.

Next day I get an email from a new woman explaining that she heard I got the wrong item and wanted me to email her my SKU number so she can process a replacement. I never got the shipping label by the way. That new woman then tells me that they don't provide a return label and if I want one my card would just be charged. Who knows what amount. They keep offering the option to deliver my items to a Kohl's store, which doesn't exist within a 30 min drive of me. Needless to say Hassle free is a HUGE hassle, and they need to train their employees to portray their policies properly. Returning the whole order now.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I ordered some shirts, but didn't need $75 worth for free shipping and some shirts couldn't be shipped to the store for pick-up for some odd reason. So I paid my $8+ to have them shipped to my house. It took them 5 days just to get it to FedEx and my $8 gets me my shirts over a week after I ordered AND PAID for them. Never gonna order online from them again.

Original review: May 27, 2019

About 5 years ago I left my purse on a bench at Kohl's in Covington Washington. I returned within 20 minutes to find the security guard had found it and had already put it upstairs in his office. My purse had had change and money all through it including a $10,000.00 diamond ring. Every penny was gone and of course the ring! It took time to go through my purse... The security guy at the time looked guilty as hell. I understand I left my purse, but security cant be trusted. I have missed my ring that my deceased husband had bought me many years back. I still have the certificate book on the ring and if it were ever found I can prove it by the map in the diamond. Thank you for listening, and may I say karma can be ugly security guy.

Original review: May 26, 2019

In early April, I ordered several items at Kohls.com. A little over a week later, I received an email stating that my order that been delivered. Well, they delivered it to my old address (5 hours away), despite the fact that I had changed my address in the system. I called Kohl's customer service, only to be told I had to contact the previous owner of my house, and the local post office, and if I did not receive the order by a certain date, they would issue a refund. I did both (multiple times), and my package has still not been delivered as of the end of May. I contacted Kohl's customer service yet again, this time to ask for a refund.

After a very lengthy wait, they denied my request, telling me to again contact the post office. Well, I guess they must really need my $70... They have now lost a customer who has spent thousands of dollars there over the years, and I will make sure I share my experience with others in the hopes that they lose even more business. They need to take a lesson from Amazon in terms of customer service.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Kohl’s in store jewelry says there is a full replacement for the life you own the jewelry. I purchased a $5,700 diamond halo wedding set. A diamond fell out last night less than 6 months after owning. After calling customer service to follow jewelry stores directions on replacement I was told if over $500 item, no replacement issued. That the store may not be up to date on return or replacement policies. I was never offered insurance. I will never buy here again.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I am a huge fan of Kohl's, love this store and I shop here often. However I am very disappointed in my recent purchase for Mother's Day of a necklace. It is Lauren Conrad's jewelry line for Mother's Day. Her "Mama" necklace. At what it was priced of $18 I did not expect it to be high class in any way. But I did however expect it to keep it's original color for more than a week. I have worn this necklace for simply 4 days, not getting it wet or exposing it to any lotions or sprays. It started as "rose gold" color and it is now a tarnished dark silver color. I am extremely disappointed in this necklace and simply bummed that I even took the time to purchase it. Low priced or not, I have had dollar store jewelry keep its color longer than 4 days. This jewelry should not even continue to be sold. If I was able to return it I would!

Original review: May 13, 2019

Awful company. I was promised a $10 coupon promo code into my email account by a supervisor called Oscar on Thursday 5 - 9 - 19. I was told it would be in there two to three days later. On day 4 I got Michael a supervisor who was absolutely useless. He said there was no notation in my account at all by Oscar, which Oscar had told me at the time of our call he had put the notation in there. I asked for a call back by entering my phone number in their automated system and some 3 hours and 15 minutes later someone called me back. Being transferred I left a voicemail in the executive offices voice mail and I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau today. Just false promises.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I ordered something online. I always order online because I am disabled. The item was shipped to me damaged. Let there be no mistake, despite all their grandstanding, Kohl's DOES NOT have a "Hassle-Free" return policy. Their return policy is nothing BUT hassle. First, they ship no return sticker with their items as do stores like Amazon and Wayfair.

To get return something damaged you have to call them. And wait. And wait. And wait. And while you wait they constantly play a recording telling you that you called during a busy time and that you should call back when it isn't so busy. REALLY? So it is MY fault that you don't have enough staff to handle the myriad of calls you get from pissed-off people like me who are angry they even had to call you in the first place? Put a return sticker in with your shipments and you won't get all these calls. Also, YOU have to pay to ship returns. INFURIATING! I will never, ever purchase from Kohl's again. "Hassle-free returns"...what a load of crap.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I have been a Kohl's customer for decades. A couple of days ago I bought a very expensive pair of ASICS running shoes, and then received a 30% off coupon in the mail a couple of hours after my purchase. I went back to the Kohl’s where I had bought the shoes, hoping to use the 30% off coupon for a substantial discount. I was informed by the customer service person that Kohl’s had changed the rules and the ASICS brand items are no longer subject to the 30% off coupon.

Nowhere on the coupon was this indicated nor was it indicated anywhere in the shoe section. So I returned the shoes, and ended up buying another pair of shoes directly from ASICS. I guess from now on if I want to use a coupon I will have to go to the Kohl’s website and pour over several pages of exclusions. I am not happy about this, and will never purchase another pair of ASICS running shoes from Kohl’s again.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I placed an online order for pajamas. Just received my box, it's got grasshoppers and cockroaches in it. Called customer service and she refunded my money, but couldn't reorder my products cause a lot are out of stock and I couldn't use my original promo code because it's no longer valid... This is ridiculous. Now I have to scramble around and find Father's Day gifts and hopefully the next box doesn't have bugs in it.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have been a Kohl's customer for 15 years, have excellent credit and I took great satisfaction in shredding my Kohl's credit card and will never shop at Kohl's again. I shopped online with Kohl's recently and requested a local store pick up at the Kohl's my area. For some Kohl's reason my order was pulled in California. After discovering this, I called their 1800 #, but could not find a live person, every button I pushed gave me a robot.

So I was relegated to an online chat with a Kohl's rep, who informed me that they could not help me, they are not given the tools to redirect or cancel an order and that I would have to call the store directly in California. 48 hours later, I contacted the Kohl's 1-800 number and spoke with a Kohl's representative and he told me that I would have to call the store in California directly he did not have the means to cancel or redirect my order. I informed him that the Kohl's website only provides the address for the store, he said that I would have to google the store's phone number. What atrocious customer service, next Kohl's will be starting self checkout. I am more than happy to shop somewhere else. Kohl's needs to realize that great customer service is for repeat purchase not for profit.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I am a credit card holder of Kohl's. I was late. Not even a month late. The day after my payment was due I started getting these phone calls, sometimes 4 or 5 times a day. I would also get emails stating my payment was due. They would even call on Sundays. Needless to say I would not encourage anyone to get a Kohl's card. I have been a loyal customer but when my card is paid off I will cancel this card, because if they treat you like this and you are not even a month behind just a few days I don't need this type of harassment.

Original review: May 7, 2019

After 15 minutes of waiting and refreshing, the site still was not fully loaded, too many ads and pictures. MAKE IT SIMPLE KOHL'S. Just to review and or make a payment. This is a horrible experience monthly to even try and pay the bill.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Ordered men's black dress pants online in black because the store didn't carry the size needed - 36x36. When I received them, they'd substituted a bigger size than ordered. Returned & ordered online a second time in the needed size to give Kohl's a second chance - UNFORTUNATELY they repeated themselves! Again, Kohl's shipped me a substituted larger size. Since when is Kohl's allowed to substitute? I didn't agree to that! I may stop ordering online all together - which is problematic, because my guys are all 6'4" & need lengths the store doesn't even carry!

Original review: May 1, 2019

This is the most stupid retailer in the world. I am going to post my reviews about your stupid company every day. We never going to order anything from you and will let as many as people how stupid you are. No wonder everybody buy from Amazon.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I missed 1 payment because my children's father had a heart attack and we were with him at the hospital for 2 weeks. I obviously had bigger things to worry about. Got a call I had missed my payment. I apologized, explained my situation and they more than doubled my payment not including an extra $27 late fee added to my account balance that will be charged interest. I was informed they were a collection agency so I asked to speak to Kohl's directly. Same story. They offered to waive the late fee only but my payment is still $75 due instead of the normal $27. Kohl's has no compassion for families when they are in need. I will never purchase anything for myself, my family, or my friends there again. They do not deserve families spending their money in their stores when they treat them so badly when they really need help.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I ordered a blouse and used their suggested bust measurement. The blouse was falling off my shoulders. I asked to exchange or return and my request was REFUSED! To quote, "We only accept returns if there is a quality problem." They added overseas return would be too expensive. Shouldnt that be my decision? I'd rather get something than nothing! I consider this fraud and hope Consumer Affairs can advise me. I will make sure to get the word out. Why Couldn’t I use a Kohl’s store for a return? Has anyone any suggestions? Thank you.

Kohl's Company Information