Kohl's

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered some items in November 2016 for Christmas. The total cost was $61.61. I watched for the bill, but never received one. Looked at the receipt with items, and it looked like I had paid for it when ordered, which is what I usually do, so didn't think anything of it. I then left on vacation on 1/16/2017, returned home on 3/5/2017 to 3 phone messages on my landline which I couldn't understand. So called Kohl's and they said I never paid??? So why did you wait so long to call me, and why no bills. They say I never changed my address or phone number when I moved 3 years ago. I say I did. Now they want about $200. Finally after speaking with Gabby and supervisor Carlos, which I could not understand what he said. I finally had to pay $134 dollars to stop collection. I had this account for at least 20 years, never paid late, yet had to pay over double the amount. Too rude people. No less. Will never shop with Kohl's again.

Customer service was the worst. Could barely understand them. Explained I ordered 2 day shipping for 11 items. When I checked the status of my order it only had one item for 2 day and everything else was standard. So I paid $17 shipping for a pair of $20 shorts instead of the whole $268 order I placed. I needed these items for my kids for vacation. They offered no solution to fix other than when the clothes come which will be while I'm on vacation to send them back. They have put me in a bind because I'm out the money on the clothes until the items are returned money that I could have used on my vacation. I'm literally in tears. I was told 3 different things by 3 different customer service reps.

There was a problem with my online account, and they misunderstood my instructions. They closed my credit card account. I asked for them to reopen it, but they said they would have to listen to the recording of my call to Customer Service. They did not reopen the account. I do not believe they listened to my call. I had to call Customer Service back several times before I could get someone to help me, and then they never did what they said. I had to apply for a new card. My advice is to never call Customer Service for help, and to just close your account and start a new one.

I ordered 2 KitchenAid Stand Mixers at $350 each for Christmas. Kohl's advertised on-line & in the newspaper that with the purchase of this Mixer there was a $50 mail-in VISA Rebate. I mailed in the Rebate Forms for each mixer. KitchenAid said I was limited to one rebate per address. This was not disclosed except in VERY TINY print on the bottom of the rebate form. Kohl's Customer Service said it wasn't noted any place in their ads or online either. KitchenAid refuses to give me the $50 for the second mixer. If I would have put my daughter's address on the second rebate, she would have gotten it. This is deceiving the public and I'm not happy. I would return it but I would also lose some Kohl's cash. So BEWARE!

I have just placed a second order with kohls.com, which was rejected. The reason? My billing address is my home, but the shipping address is my job. Why is this an issue in the 21st century? To their credit, the two reps I spoke with in Customer Service and Fraud Protection did their best to rectify the situation. However, for the second time in less than one month, this led me to not place my order again because the main item I wanted sold out (within not even 8 hours), and their antiquated internal system could not tell them or me when (or if) it would return. The only way they or I would be able to confirm is to keep checking kohls.com, which is highly inefficient. I had the same experience with another order last month.

It is a shame that in this day and age, their online vs brick-and-mortar experience is highly disjointed. The fact that a Fraud Protection rep had to have a conference call with the Customer Service rep and me to document in my account the reason for two different addresses is unacceptable. Their website has a clearly-marked option to use if your shipping address is different from billing, but the execution of said option apparently does not translate to the back end. They did offer me a 20% discount on a future order, which I indicated would be highly unlikely to occur. Even utilizing this will be difficult - to use it in store, the cashier has to call a special number and speak to an online Customer Service Manager to activate the discount.

My local stores always have horrendous queues, whether with a regular cashier or with Customer Service; what should be a simple activation of a discount from their own corporate office opens up the possibility of creating a negative impact to any customers who are unfortunate enough to be waiting in line behind me. If you've made it this far in my review, I'm sure you're wondering why I just don't shop exclusively in store. This is because their stock of plus-size (a term that I think should be eliminated) items are well-made and the selection is more robust online; they do have good prices when they have sales. However, I've tried numerous times to see if an item online was available in store, but they are often not (not even within a 100+ mile radius). Once (or in this case, twice) bitten, twice shy. I no longer am looking forward to utilizing their website, and will shift my money and focus to stores where I can pick up items in person.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kohl's?

I received a late fee payment on my bill. I have good credit and always pay my bills on time. I called to try to get this late fee taken off. The representative I spoke with in India would take the late fee off if I paid the balance with a debit card only. I had to give my card number over the phone. I did not like to do this. I feel uneasy I did this. The representative had animated skills, very fast speaking. I wish Kohl's and other companies would not do this for customer service problems. It's very impersonal, annoying, and leaves the customer with the general feeling of getting their ID accounts spread all over the world.

Placed an order online and got 80 in Kohl's cash but I used it. I returned the item so I could exchange it. When I returned the item, they did not refund the whole thing because I had used the Kohl's cash. On the "exchanged" order I received a Kohl's cash again. I called so they could remove the second Kohl's cash and refund me the whole amount from the first order. They said they couldn't do that so now I am forced to spend the Kohl's cash or lose the 80 dollars that they stole from me.

Was told I could get a custom bra at store. Wrong. Was told I had to order it over the internet. Spelled address 4 times only to have it sent to the wrong address because the cust service spelled it wrong. I am a disabled and have been waiting for over a month for my money to be returned to my account. They promised it would be returned by the 22 of February 2017. Still not here. This company really suck. I will make it my mission to tell people what a rip off this company is.

On 2-20-17 at around 10:30 PM I ordered a stick blender using a guy named "Peter". He acted suspicious & took very long time to place my order, as if he was shopping. It turns out he was shopping, and he placed an illegal order USING MY GIFT CARD BALANCE! I had to get two supervisors involved to get my money back. This guy "Peter" used $42.45 to buy his wife some sexy pink lingerie: and used his wife's email address & street address. I never bought these two items & my account showed I would never receive them (no order number of info on my logged in kohls.com account). They told me that they are investigating & seemed they agreed this was retail theft & will fire this employee. Unbelievable. You can't even trust a Kohl's employee these days.

I bought a diffuser from Kohl's that leaked on my brand new table, ruining the finish. I sent Kohl's photos of the damage and receipts for the table and diffuser. Customer service responded twice and then asked me to confirm that my table was damaged. I never heard another word. I contacted the BBB who told me to contact the Bureau of Consumer Protection/Division of Trade and Consumer Protection in Wisconsin. I sent them the information and they contacted Kohl's and the Attorney General.

Again, I didn't hear from Kohl's so I sent emails to Department heads. Someone called and left a message saying they would forward my complaint to the manufacturer. IN CHINA. Never heard anything further so I sent two more emails and have gotten no response. Kohl's sold me the diffuser and Kohl's needs to pay for the table. If they want to, they can go after the manufacturer. The price of the table is only $77.00. It's not going to break the bank for them.

I recently moved to GA and now I'm close to a Kohl's department store so I've tried it out three times and now will never go back due to poor customer service. 1st time I went in was to buy a belt for my husband. As I was looking for the right size a 49+ year old worker excused herself as she started throwing belts on the floor to organize and add more. I then moved to the other side to see the selection there but she followed and pulled those belts as well. Never asked if I needed help. I assumed it was a one time Incident and left. Gave it another shot... This time was looking in the Nike section for outfits for my daughter... Same thing!!! Moved racks around while I was looking. At least she was polite and said, "Excuse me but I have to get these moved." I couldn't believe it happened a second time.

One last try!!! Hesitated going in... So to be honest was probably looking for something to go wrong. As always clerks asking if in need help as they are moving by at the sound of light, or clearly busy pointing, "Over there ma'am..." As they stock it push carts. I needed shoes and thought this has to be an easy purchase. Sizes and styles were all messed up... Walked all over to find out if someone could see if the shoes I wanted were in stock... Found someone who said it was not their department. Asked another clerk and they said, "Just go online and order..." Omg!!! Never again will I go into a Kohl's! Especially in Acworth Ga!

I tried to use a $12 REWARD card yesterday and it was turned down at the register. I tried several times, then left the merchandise there. When I got home I called the number again and it said I had $12 on the card. I went back to the store today to use it, and it said there was $0.00 on the card, so I left the merchandise again. I called several numbers, listened to computer generated voices, then finally got a human. They gave me the OTHER number. I called them, and it said I had to call the first number! I was back and forth with calls, but no help. I talked to several workers and they said the card was used at a boutique in CA. I looked up their website and it was for young teens. I am senior citizen. I did not use it.

I thought someone could just re-issue the $12, but no one would do that. I tried the lost or stolen site and it didn't take my information. I have spent 2 full days, 2 trips to town to the Kohls, and numerous hours on the phone with NO help. Everyone keeps passing me to other numbers, but no help. I'm just going to give up, which is what Kohls probably wanted in the first place since they now have my $12 and didn't have to give me my merchandise.

I absolutely cannot believe how long it has taken me to return two pieces of defective wall art to Kohl's. Just got off the phone with my leasing office for the ninth time because UPS won't pick up the packages because Kohls.com hasn't sent the shipping label. This is after two months worth of phone calls to Kohl's requesting the labels, every single time they tell me that the labels have been sent to UPS. If I ship them back another way, they will charge me. I cannot believe the lack of brain cells that the Kohl's employees I have spoken with have.

I wanted ONE piece of wall art -- it came broken. I ordered it in late December. I attempted to ship it back and it's STILL sitting in my leasing office. The replacement I ordered came broken in the EXACT same way. Now that one, as well, is just sitting there, waiting to be picked up. What do I do? Ship it myself and pay? Yeah right. Call Kohls.com and ask them to create the UPS return label? I'VE DONE THAT 13 YES 13 TIMES!!! Holy **. I cannot believe how ludicrous this is... DO NOT ORDER FROM KOHLS.COM.

I have had two problems recently. Just like a previous reviewer, I had an extremely aggressive sales clerk who did not even ask if I wanted a credit card. After he rang me up, he shoved the application and pen at me. I asked if it was a credit card application and he said yes. I told him I did not want that. He said to go ahead and get the credit card, and just pay it off all at once. I couldn't believe it.

My second problem is that this week I had two different reps at their call center tell me two completely different things about the status of my online order. My order status said the package could not be delivered. So the first rep said she had it "intercepted" and it would be redelivered. She confirmed that it was definitely NOT going back to Kohl's, and I would get the order. When nothing changed on the status, the next day I called and the 2nd rep said it WAS going back to Kohl's. What's worse, she said there was no record of what the previous rep said about intercepting the order, and all that showed on my order was a "note" saying that I had called about it.

I just spent an hour on the phone with Kohl's. There was a charge on my card that I never made. I was transferred a number of times, repeating the same info all the way, hung up on due to bad connections, constantly asked to repeat my account number, only to be placed on hold so as to repeat my account number for the next gal -- who I couldn't understand. I was given another number to call whereupon I had to answer survey ?'s -- tons of them, before I could speak to a real person. This, compounded by their horrific online return policy, is why my Kohl's card lies in a heap of cut up slices. You do not deserve my business any longer. Goodbye Kohl's.

Fraudulent use of Kohl's Cash - I placed an order using $15 Kohl's cash on 1/22. I was informed an hour later that my item was sold out and the order was canceled. I was issued a new $15 Kohl's cash, but when I checked the value on the 29th, it was 0. I did an online chat and they say it was used. I had no record of using it, so made a complaint to Kohl's and they say it was used at their North Chesterfield store. I have never been there, I am in California and I think that store must be in Virginia.

I ordered a memorial necklace for my daughter-in-law as a Christmas gift, because her mother had just died. It was supposed to arrive three days before Christmas, and it never did. I called Kohls.com customer service so many times I lost track. I could barely understand their service representatives (with their heavy accents) and they all told me, "Don't worry - it'll probably show up eventually". I didn't have any gift to give my daughter-in-law for Christmas, which was humiliating. After Christmas I spoke to someone at Kohls.com who promised me a refund. I'm still waiting on that refund. I will never buy anything from Kohl's again.

Over 1 1/2 years ago, I ordered a dress from Kohl's online and to date they are still harassing me for to pay for an item I returned. I would recommend no one do business with Kohl's since their bookkeeping and return business is very poor. Clearly Kohl's is not customer service oriented.

I used the Kohl's online bill pay to pay off the Kohl's charge on time and in full. Got a confirmation screen. Nothing ever got submitted to my bank. Got stuck with a late fee and interest. Kohl's customer service will only try to get you to pay the bill, no help. Beware, their site doesn't work and they hope you won't catch their mistake in time so that you get extra fees tacked on. Pay only in person in a store where you get a physical receipt, and avoid shopping at Kohl's. Their sale prices aren't really a sale price when you consider the hidden fees and possible ding on your credit score.

October 11th 2016 I placed an order with Kohl's over the phone with a "sugar sweet" agent using my Kohl's cash. After a few minutes I received an email saying it was cancelled. I called their 800 number again and placed the same order again with another "honey sweet" agent. While trying to place the second order the agent told me she cannot use the Kohl's cash I used for the previous order which was immediately cancelled as it has not been returned back and it may take up to 48 hours for it to be returned. I could use only $112 out of the $900 I had in Kohl's cash. The second order went thru shipped and delivered but from that day till today my Kohl's cash of $787 was never returned to me.

I kept calling Kohl's 800 number but every time I was told that this is not the right concerned department and I was transferred to all kinds of departments among which none had the authority to issue my credit back to me. I was asked to file a complaint online which I did and after a few refuels I got an email saying "The credit is approved and has been mailed out to you" and I will receive it within 30 days. Nothing ever arrived. In one email they are saying the credit will be issued in email and other email saying credit will be sent in mail. I really don't want to think this way but it is forcing me to think that it was a corporate level fraud, they try not to send customer's credits. Please also note here that according to the emails Kohl's team has completed their investigation and approved my credit.

Here are some reference numbers I want to provide which are of the conversations I had with various customer service associates at different times who kept rolling me to other departments and finally after 3-4 hours of staying on the phone with them the line gets disconnected. ** 3rd November 2016 **. From October till January (3 months) I kept emailing and calling Kohl's asking about my money but every agent had his own story. I had no choice but to believe each of them, spent hours each time without any result. I felt like begging for my own money from a bunch of frauds. Among the many conversations I had with their 800 number team one of the incident happened on 9th January 2017 the agent told me that since we are 2 days short of the 30 day time period I should have received my credit so if I call in 2 days he will be able to issue me credit over the phone.

Again I had no choice but to believe him and after more than 2 days when I called Kohl's 800 number the agent I was transferred to told me that this previous agent didn't know anything about the system and there is no way I can be issued credit over the phone and now the new story is blah blah blah. I spent a few hours again being thrown to one department and the other and finally I had to hang up as I had other things to do too. NO SOLUTION STILL. 16th January 2017 I gathered some courage and called again and this time employee # ** (later I was told by another agent that this number is not correct) told me he can help me place an order over the phone with the $787 and this way we will get rid of this problem and I will get some stuff from my long lost credit. I cannot describe the level of my happiness here. Together we placed order # **.

Additionally he told me he is making sure everything is ok and there is no chance anything wrong happens to this order, it will go thru etc etc. Also I asked him to add a note to my case that in case this order fails Kohl's still owes me $787 and the incident I have filed should not be considered closed. He read the note to me and I thought finally I found my angel now. Reference # **. After a few hours I received an email saying "SORRY WE COULDN'T COMPLETE ORDER". There were tears in my eyes now.

Although things seemed very dark I still gathered some more courage and called Kohl's after one day 18th January. With all sorts of apologies this agent said, "I can help you reorder," and we did it and this time he said, "I have contacted the fraud department and blah department and blah department and everything is clear so no worries, it will go thru." Reference # ** order # ** was placed and immediately got an email "SORRY WE COULDN'T COMPLETE ORDER". I was baffled, still didn't give up. Called again and was sent to fraud department, they clearly told me that even if they will try placing an order worth $1 it will be cancelled, they didn't tell me the reason why. Upon my begging and inquiring the lady agent transferred me to another department without any reason (probably just to get me off her head) and then from this department to that department.

I had to explain my story at least 15 times to all sorts of people till I was handed over to a lady in front of whom I started crying like a baby. Probably she got sympathetic and connected me to her supervisor who instantly gave me his name and personal extension number and told me he is connecting me to the "RELEVANT" department who will definitely take care of me and meanwhile if I ever have any problems I can use any Kohl's 800 or non 800 numbers and request for this extension to talk to him. The name he told me was Reed and extension **. I was then rolled to another department who again asked me all my information, incident story, apologized and put me on hold to investigate the already investigated incident. Anyways, as I said before, did I have another choice?? No.

Now there was another twist in the story, the lady associate said, "Since this is a lot of money we are doubting if how you earned this much Kohl's cash." I must provide the receipt of the items I bought which made me earn this money. I was totally disgusted, instead of easing a customer whom your company has been torturing for months you guys are suspecting as fraud and making me do another exercise to prove I did not forge this Kohl's cash??? Again had I any choice? No. I started looking all over my house for those receipts which sadly I couldn't find. Meanwhile she decided she was not the "RELEVANT" department and now she had to roll me to corporate which according to her was the supreme authority to issue my million dollars credit. I said, "Ok."

I don't know what was that relevant department as I was rolled to a computer machine saying press 1 if you want to speak to an operator (after I pressed 1 several times the same recording continued) enter the extension if you have (when I entered the extension of Mr Reed the machine said it is incorrect!!!). After about 10 minutes of this pressing game I had no choice but to hang up and try my luck from all over again. I went online and figured out the phone number of their corporate department and called them. Tried to put Mr Reed's extension but no luck, eventually ended up with the most ill-informed lady agent I have had encountered. After asking my information for the 20th time this one day 18th January, she went thru my case and somehow found a note saying the decision has been made today at 2:39 pm by Anthony ** and my credit has been mailed to me.

Now this seemed to be a big joke. If the decision was made at 2:39 why none of the agents saw it in notes whom I spoke to after 2:39 pm. How would I have trusted this. And even if I had trusted her what is the guarantee the money will actually be received? As this promise and decision was made earlier in November too. I asked her to give me something at least to keep a record of this decision. She said she has no authority to send me any email but she will ask the department who made his decision to send me an email (No email was ever received). Name of this lady was Martika **. This conversation ended 5:27 pm. As I insisted I want some evidence right now she decided to throw me off her head and transferred me to the "RELEVANT" Department.

This department asked me my information for 22nd time and started their investigation, meanwhile after about half hour of this the call went to another agent by itself who could not hear me and kept saying if he does not hear me in the next 30 seconds he has to drop the call. Drop the call, drop the call and it was hung up. By this time it was evening and I had to feed dinner to my kids and I had to give a pause to this calling game. Can I get some actual help? Can someone be fair to me and give my money back to me?? Awaiting easy justice.

It was very disappointing when I went to return Haggar pants without receipt and people told that this is not from their store. When I showed similar pants twice to them they refused again to return it. It was horrible experience because I am literally drained out just to return Haggar pants which I bought for my father. What a waste of time, money and energy.

Within the last 4 or 5 years I've had two negative hits from Kohl’s in my credit score. They keep switching my account from paper to paperless when I only spend 2 months of the year in land. The people taking care of my bills don’t see a bill so they do not pay it. The last time a couple of months ago I answered my phone and they told me I was late. I went to explain them AGAIN what happened and I was told not to worry if I pay right then. I did and 2 months later they hit on my score again. All I want is for them to play the recorded conversation and listen. 20 years of perfect credit ruined for $15. Look at my account. It's always pay in full as soon as I get the bill. Beware shoppers. I cancelled my account and I'm not stepping there again ever.

On October 23rd of 2016, I placed an order of 3 sandals and 3 toothbrushes using the gift card plus a 40% off coupon I got through email. My order was canceled the next day without refund. I called the customer service and was told to be refunded via mail within two weeks. After two weeks there was nothing in my mailbox so I called the customer again. Customer service told me he/she requested another gift card through mail. Similar story happened at least eight times. Until January of 2017, I called the customer service and this time the agent on the other side talked to the verification department for a while and told me your case was resolved, credit will be reversed to me.

The next day I found my gift card was canceled with the remaining balance cleared, with the total amount nearly 500 dollars. I called the customer service Andy. This time I was "fortunate" enough to be able to talk to someone in the fraud department. He told me placing an order with three gift cards of 3 sandals and 3 toothbrushes is very dubious so the fraud department thought it was a fraud transaction, so they decide to cancel my gift card. Why those hypocrites did not tell me at the very beginning to explain their decisions? Staples, Best Buy, Office Depot, Target, Walmart, Amazon never did that to their customers. I am quite sure even though merchants reserve the right to clear all member points that was considered against the rule, but I have never heard of any merchant cancel customer's gift cards.

Kohl's will make lots of money by merely cancel their customers' gift cards without any explanation. Once you are "fortunate" and "honorable" enough to be offered a chance talking to one of those bastards in so called fraud department you will be given an explanation. Do not make any online orders, be aware that your gift cards might be canceled to enrich their pockets.

Before I ordered my Ninja Coffee system I called to speak to a representative as I got burned last year when I ordered something and it arrived broken. When I went to return it they would no longer honor the sales price for an exchange. Not a different purchase. How do they get away with being thieves? I will tell you. I called after I got screwed again. I have the entire conversation in print with the rep when I called and said that is not what I got. They offered to let me return it. Sound familiar. Same as last year. They offer unbeatable prices but you are not going to get what you ordered.

When I told the representative what happened in the past and that I would voice it online she told me she could no longer speak to me if I went online and complained. Sounds like a bit of extortion to me. They will not help you if you complain against them so they lie to you, cheat you and if you say something they won't help you. I'm going to the CFPB next! THIEVES! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. You will not get what you ordered no matter how much you try. Spend dollars more and go to Bed Bath & Beyond.

In 2014 your employees allowed someone to cash 3 fake traveler's checks. They had no ID and there is a 800 on the checks stating you must call for authentication before cashing yet this person was able to enter the store 3 times and walk away with cash. My name was not printed on these checks but because this person signed my name to the back of one of them I was subsequently charged with 3 felonies. It took me an entire year to clear my name and prove my innocence. I'm out 5k in lawyers fees and all because you hire criminals and do not hold them accountable for their actions. These people still have their jobs til this day. My life was damn near ruined and you could care less about the actions of your employees. I was never compensated for what I was put through. Your company never even offered an apology.

Be aware; simply starting the process to attain a $500 Gift Card will result in the immediate release of your email contact information to a number of marketing outlets making you Mister Popular on the phishing junk email circuit! I did not complete the entire process due to mandatory subscriptions/purchases for entry access, deleted what I could, even going as far as ensuring box was blank where it's asked about receiving newsletters, updates, and such - then closed the window. Within minutes of this I began receiving junk mail: banks, insurance, credit card, loans, prizes, games, just plain crap. To the tune of over 80 each day for the next 3 days before what I'm hoping is now under control. Still I went from a fairly secure internet interface, maybe 3 or 4 scam mails per week, to close to 500 during what I've since been referring to as KOHL'S SPECIAL GIFT WEEK. Consider yourself forewarned.

I visited Kohl's and purchased a down duvet and two down pillows. The woman rang me up and asked me if I wanted a Kohl's card, she mentioned that I'd save another $50 on my purchase. After contemplating for a couple seconds I said, "No thank you, it's very tempting but I can't get a credit card right now." The woman then said that I could cancel it in a month, or never use it. I won't lie, I was tempted, but said NO at least five times. She wouldn't give up and I was running out of defense, so I told her that I was recovering from filing bankruptcy in 2015. It was important to me and my family that I make the right decisions. She said, "Well you could just sign up and see what happens." I was floored by this response! What happened to compassion, Respect? I felt broken down by this woman, she was pushy, ruthless, disrespectful. I am genuinely upset by the experience, and I will not return. I understand that getting quota is important but to what cost of others?

Kohl's keeps changing their return policies to benefit them in every situation! Tell me how fair this is...I received a pair of shoes as a gift, I took them to exchange
*****
Review posted here: https://www.facebook.com/kohls/posts/10154919311376248
*****

it for some shoes that were more suitable for me to wear. I did not have a receipt because the person that bought them paid cash and could not find the receipt. The shoes were still in the box and had a 59.99 sticker on them. I was told that because they rang up at a clearance price of 17.99 that I would have to find a pair with an original sticker of 59.99 with a 17.99 clearance price. That is like trying to find a needle in a haystack! Of course I could not find any shoes with those stipulations so I asked for the return of 17.99 on a gift card but then was told I could only have 5.99 back! I mean really if Kohl's only gives me 5.99 back are they seriously going to put those shoes on the shelf for 5.99? No they will sale them for 17.99. Seriously so fed up with Kohl's ready to cancel my own card and stop shopping there!!

I bought items and was told I could have a 40% discount if I got a credit card. Usually I say no to store cards because I almost always regret it later, but I said what the heck because my cousin was with me and encouraged me to get the discount. It was NOT worth it. Now I have a ding on my credit report and I closed the account because I was really angry at them. I have a very sick husband and we had to go 1300 miles away for treatment. I got the Kohl's card but had not activated it before I left. I gave the clerk a credit card (not a debit card) and assumed the purchase would be charged to that. The clerk NEVER told me it would be charged to the NEW card. I had no idea to even expect that. I paid my other credit cards using my phone while I was away for 2 months, but had no idea I owed the other one any money. Their calls to my home never got through to me as I was not there.

When I got back I saw they dinged my credit report. I was furious and called and paid the stupid $110 bill and canceled the card (without EVER having activated it). Their customer service said all stores do that when you open a charge. I opened a charge while away at another store similar to Kohl's and they did NOT do that. They charged it to my existing card and said they would send me the new card, which is what I expect.

I was a Kohl's customer from the start, but I will never step foot into one of their stores again. They would not fix my credit report and basically blame me and said they did everything right, but they didn't. Their clerk should have told me it was being charged to the NEW card, not the other (existing) credit card I gave her, so I would have expected a bill and I could have had my son pay it while I was away. I am DONE with Kohl's. Never again. There are plenty of better places I can shop. The way they treat their customers I am surprised they stay in business.

I was interested in purchasing a pair of Levi's which from the internet I saw were on sale. I went into the store and and was informed they were out and we could buy them at the kiosk. Went through the whole order at the kiosk and at the end it did not accept the order. Then I went to the store to return an item and was told I could get the amount of the item only the lowest price it was on sale for in the history of the item. On top of that no cash back only a card and had to spend it there at the store. I then tried to go to the Kiosk to order some Levi's and one kiosk was broken and the other was being held hostage by a customer. So one of the workers said I could order them on the customer service phone line at the store.

I called and they could find the 501 original shrink to fit Levi's. There is only one of these that Levi's makes. I asked for a customer service manager and the lower level customer service representative did not want to transfer me. I finally called back and after arguing with them got another Manager who didn't know Levi's either. By their accents they are a out of country phone customer service. Bad!! Needless to say I will never shop at Kohl's again and will post this on Facebook as well. I wish I didn't even have to give them one star!!!

Kohl's Company Profile