4.74/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

BarkBox is a monthly subscription box with special toys and treats for your dog! Every box is designed to entertain and bring joy to your pup. With a new theme every month, BarkBox includes toys, treats and chews. Select from our 12 month, 6 month or 1 month subscriptions with the option to cancel at any time. Visit our website today to learn more about our service and products!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

53 BarkBox Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Every month when the Box comes Suzie knows it's for her. We sit together and open it. She loves everything you have sent and I enjoy the different themes. Suzie has so many toys I had to get her a new box. The toys are better quality than most in the stores. Some say Suzie is spoiled and yes she is. Thanks BarkBox people you are great.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Remington really loves the items in the boxes, although the October box was most definitely disappointing. We were expecting more Halloween styled toys but got something that looked just like what was in previous boxes. The treats seem to be good. She eats most of them. I believe she is down as a big time chewer and Novembers toys have already had the stuffing pulled out completely!! Otherwise we do enjoy the boxes.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Bailey really like the toys - just wish they werent all "soft" toys as she destroys them within the week. We were told they were putting her in the "Super Chewers" program - thought that would include more "hard" toys. Bailey really loves all the treats that are included in the boxes too.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We love Bark Box, the art is so cute and the toys are well thought of! The only thing is my Chihuahua would have more fun if you had smaller toys. She cant play with some of them due to the size. Otherwise if I had to pay for the items separate it would be really hard for me to do so! So spoiling her this way is the best for both of us!!

BarkBox response

Michele, sounds like you and your pup are really loving the boxes each month, but we're sorry to hear that the toys are the best fit! We are going to send you a private message!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My favorite thing about BarkBox is the treats. My dog will shred the toys in a matter of minutes and then bury their squeaky insides in the backyard, but the treats easily last her all month long! I haven't bought treats at the store once since I started my subscription.

BarkBox response

Sounds like she is having fun until the last bit! Glad the toys and treats are such a hit each month!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BarkBox?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We love getting BarkBox every month. Our dog Cash is overjoyed any time he realizes it's finally here. The toys are high quality and the treats are great for him. He loves everything about his boxes and we feel it's well worth the money! We have recommended BarkBox to all our friends!

BarkBox response

So happy to hear that!! A happy Cash is a happy life!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

What a fabulous concept BarkBox is... my dog & I LOVE it!!! We both look forward to its arrival. It is so much fun for me too as all the stuff has a theme and it is so cute. Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

BarkBox response

That's great to hear!! We hope we can continue to rock each box :)

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I saw BarkBox on Facebook and knew some friends that were enrolled. I'm happy I enrolled and the boxes are fair in price. The toys are cute and my dogs liked most of the treats that he was allowed to have due to his allergies. These make a great holiday gift idea for friend's pets. It's always a fun surprise to see what they will get.

BarkBox response

Thanks for those kind words Sophia! We are so glad that the boxes are killing it each month for your pup! If you ever do get a treat he can't have, don't hesitate to reach out!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My Jacks go crazy when any box arrives as think every box is a BarkBox! One goes crazy with toys and has a collection that strings out all over the house. It keeps him happy. They all love the treats. It is fun to open the box with them. It makes me laugh. Thanks.

BarkBox response

Sounds like it's fun for the whole family! So glad to hear that the boxes are such a hit each and every month.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I love BarkBox!!! So does Mason! He looks forward to it every month! He knows when his box comes and brings it to us to open it. I couldn't love this company more! The treats are great and the toys are extremely durable. They last him a long time and I love that the power chewer program is free! It's such a good value.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We absolutely love our monthly BarkBoxes! I do have a destroyer in my house, but honestly I don't mind him destroying every toy once he gets bored with them because there are two new toys coming soon! I also really love the toys that have more toys inside, those toys make me feel like I got more value because you can never have too many squeaky balls! The treats are a great way to find out what your dog does/does not like without spending a fortune. We have a lot of doggy friends, so it's pretty much guaranteed that ONE of the dogs will like them! Great way to learn about your new dog (especially since I adopted mine young with no history), and a great way to make doggy friends in case your dog doesn't like something he's sent.

BarkBox response

Raya, we are SO GLAD to hear that Malibu is having so much fun with the toys each month! And we bet those other pups love you guys for sharing those treats!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I have family who gets BarkBox for their pets and I have always thought it was a really good idea, but until November of last year, I didn't have a dog of my own. When I got Miss Harley, I decided a little later on that BarkBox would be the best thing for not only her but me as well. Harley isn't trained (yet) and so taking her into a Petco or other pet specific stores makes my anxiety level go through the roof. Not to mention you spend so much more than you get! But with BarkBox, I can get so much for only $25 a month!

Harley isn't big on toys, but when she does play with one, she destroys it. So I called BarkBox's customer service. It was the BEST thing I have ever done. Not only did they replace every toy she destroyed for free, they upgraded her toys to heavy chewer toys and they let me trade in one of the two toys for a third bag of treats! Harley may not be big on toys but she sure is big on treats and we haven't gotten a bag yet that we haven't loved! If you haven't gotten BarkBox for your dog yet, you should! It's the best thing for our family!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

We actually have 3 dogs, Bella, Zoey and Laci. Bella especially enjoys the stuffed toys and we have to be careful with Zoey as she will tear the squeaker out quickly if we don't watch her! Laci is not a toy dog but really enjoys the treats!

BarkBox response

Glad to hear that the boxes are a great fit for the whole pack!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Barkley loves to get his BarkBox every month. He gets so excited when it comes in the mail, because he knows it is all his. The toys are sturdy and the treats are tasty. Even for a super chewer the toys keep him happy for a long time. Barkley loves the spikey balls inside other toys. It's like getting two toys in one.

BarkBox response

The toys that have other toys inside of them, are the best toys, aren't they?? Happy to hear that Barkley is loving those!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I have nothing but positives for BarkBox. Bandit has loved almost ALL toys and treats. On the rare occasion he does not like a treat, BarkBox service has sent him another free of charge right away. I love the great customer service but more importantly, I love how happy it makes Bandit. I already have recommended to a friend and will continue to recommend to all. I love that all treats are healthy and don't contain all the junk that you get in mass produced dog treats. Keep up the great work BarkBox. You have a great fan in myself and Bandit.

BarkBox response

Hey we're a fan of yours and Bandit's too! We're so happy to have you two in the pack and thanks for sharing us with your friends :)

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I got a monthly subscription for my daughter Megan's dog Mya Bear. She is a goberian. Which is 1/2 golden retriever and 1/2 siberian husky. She was a rescue at 6 months. She is a beautiful and protective dog. Since now she has 2 nonfur siblings Sophia 41/2 and Keith 1/2. I thought she deserved a monthly treat for all she does for her family and me. I called and got tougher toys in her box without any problem because she loves to chew up her toys. But she can't destroy these durable toys and she really enjoys the treats immensely. The BarkBox company has always delivered what they promised at a reasonable price.

BarkBox response

Dee, now that's a pack!! We are so happy we were able to find something that fits Mya Bear perfectly!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Kuda absolutely loves getting her BarkBox. She loves the toys and treats. I love it because the toys are durable and the treats make it great since I don't have to worry about running to the store for more. We look forward to getting them every month. It's exciting since we don't know what is coming in the following month's box.

BarkBox response

Tracie and Kuda, we are so excited for you to see what the coming boxes will be! Glad you both love surprises as much as we do :)

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Teddy always loves the treats in his BarkBox! We especially enjoyed the bone in the box last month. His rain cloud toy has been a big hit! Thank you BarkBox for sending such unique and creative toys for us all the enjoy.

BarkBox response

No thank YOU Nikki! Always happy to make Teddy happy!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

We love our BarkBoxes, and our little Trixie gets excited every time a new box arrives. We most definitely would recommend a friend to this service, and intend on doing so in the next few days. In every box we have received, we have absolutely no complaints. Keep up the great work.

BarkBox response

What kind words Noel! Don't forget about our referral program!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I have subscribed for a little over a year. Jimmy always looks forward to his 'package' every month. I feel BarkBox is a great value, and will continue to subscribe as long as it remains a great value. There are normally 5 items in the box, and they are always of high quality. He still has many toys that are about a year old.

BarkBox response

We're so happy the boxes are so enjoyed by Jimmy!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Maggie and Mickey get so excited when they see that BarkBox come into the mail, they love shredding all the goodies inside!! They are so excited to see what’s in the next box!! So good to see the excitement on their faces when playing with their new toys each month. Thanks BarkBox for making it easy for me!!

BarkBox response

We are excited for them to see what's in the upcoming boxes too!! Hope Maggie and Mickey love it just as mush we loving having them in the pack :)

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

The dogs are always excited when the box comes. We open it together and they love to see what is new and exciting. They loved the birthday PupPie in the last box.The pie was to celebrate Zoe's 17th birthday. They all loved the pie!!

BarkBox response

Aww Happy Birthday Zoe!! Hope this birthday was the best one yet :)

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

We love BarkBox! It's so fun to see the clever themes every month and our dogs love almost everything they get. We have a Great Dane and a German Shepherd, both look forward to whatever is in their box every month. In our case, the fluffy squeaky toys are the favorites. As for the treats, our Shepherd loves everything but our Dane is more picky. In all honesty though, I think us humans look forward to the box every month just as much. :)

BarkBox response

Sounds like it's fun for the whole family! Glad the whole pack loves everything! And don't hesitate to reach out if your Dane doesn't like some of the treats, we would be glad to replace them for you :)

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I absolutely love BarkBox. My pug isn't very picky but we've had a lot of snacks that he just hasn't enjoyed. When he hears that cardboard open though he runs into the room and is so excited and it's great for us to have a time to play and to get treats and it's so much fun! I was even sent an extra toy as a surprise once for him and a handwritten note. It was so wonderful. Thanks for everything you do!

BarkBox response

Kasondra, we're sorry to hear that Sylo wasn't loving those treats! We would love to make this a better experience for him! We are going to send you a private message!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I appreciate the healthy treats and variety of treats in each box. Cowboy loves the squeaky toys and they provide him with good deal of play time before he destroys them. I think Bark Boxes are a good value. We have noticed the Bark toys at Target. We appreciate the fun variety.

BarkBox response

Sue, we appreciate your time in these kind words! We do offer tougher toys if Cowboy needs those! Don't hesitate to reach out to us about that :)

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Lollipop, she loves everything about her box. My sweet baby is blind but she still loves playing with her toys. But best of all is her treats. I like it because I don't have to go to the store and stand in line. It come in the mail. I love it.

BarkBox response

Tracy, we love having you and Lollipop in the pack and we are so happy to hear that the boxes are such a hit each month!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I had a great experience with the person that helped me. I explained how much Lucky enjoyed his BarkBox except for the little dog treats. We were sent a bag of big dog treats as a follow up. I’m looking forward to seeing what’s in this month's box.

BarkBox response

Nancy, we are so glad we were able to help and get something that works better for Lucky. We love helping, so don't hesitate to reach out if something isn't best for Lucky!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

We are so very happy with the BarkBoxes that my special girl Nala receives. And also my daughter loves when her baby girl Dibs gets her monthly box as well. Our experience with everyone at The BarkBox Co, We can't wait to see what next month will be.

BarkBox response

We love having you all in the pack! We are even more excited for you all to see what we have planned for the upcoming boxes :)

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

We have thoroughly enjoyed ordering from BarkBox. Our pup is so excited and knows that box when I bring it in from the mail. We ordered this so we could FaceTime my deployed son (who is co-owner of Griff) every month when it comes. It really brings us all joy to see the excitement. We love that they are themed, we have gotten a real kick out of it. Also the customer service has been top notch.

BarkBox response

Wendy, we are so happy to hear what the boxes mean to your family each month! We love that :)

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

The customer service team was amazing when my dog did not like one of the toys that came in the Box. She ended up sending a replacement toy at no cost to me and my dog was so happy. The products are amazing and she loves her toys and treats. The monthly themes are cute too. I love how healthy it is for my pup!

BarkBox response

A happy pup is a happy life! Always happy and excited to help make your pup happier!

BarkBox Company Information