Call toll free
4.36/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

BarkBox is a monthly subscription box with special toys and treats for your dog! Every box is designed to entertain and bring joy to your pup. With a new theme every month, BarkBox includes toys, treats and chews. Select from our 12 month, 6 month or 1 month subscriptions with the option to cancel your subscription plan length renewal at any time. Visit our website today to learn more about our service and products!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

198 BarkBox Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

My dog gets so excited to open his BarkBox and once I cut the tape, he can actually do it himself now because he's so thrilled. The toys, in my opinion, are THE BEST. I was extremely skeptical because they are stuffed toys and my dog is a toy destroyer. I don't think he's ever had a stuffed toy last longer than a day without getting to the stuffing. But these toys are shockingly resilient and extremely well made.

I've had BarkBox 5 months now and there's only two toys he's put a tear in since then and I get three toys each time. What's really awesome is that most of the toys have toys inside of them as well. For example, a stuffed toy has a spiky squeaker ball in it that you can give your dog if he/she was to rip the fabric. The themes are amazing and the box I just got made me love BarkBox a thousand times more. It's Grinch themed with many toys, awesome treats and Max "antlers" for your dog. BarkBox really has a special thing for dogs and their owners! Also, if you are concerned about getting your money's worth, I can attest that for the quality of toys and treats you are getting, it is worth it (from a poor college student).

Get expert buying tips about Dog Treats delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

After 3 whole weeks of waiting for my first October box with no updates or working tracking information, BarkBox customer service still refused to refund me. Conveniently, the representative I spoke to had a working tracking number and my package was scheduled to arrive by the end of the week--hence why she couldn't process a refund. (As for the November box, she claimed they already put money into it and couldn't return that either.) The very next day, I opened my mailbox to find a flat envelope marked "lightweight postage." Inside it?

The *instruction manual* for how to enjoy my BarkBox without the actual BarkBox. I wish I could make this stuff up. Representative said they must have made a mistake. I don't know how it is with honest companies, but forgetting to mail your entire product seems like a pretty difficult mistake to make. Good thing my bank accepted my dispute and refunded me the money they refused to. Save yourself the trouble and just get toys of Chewy or at a local pet store. All in all, I ordered on 10/18 and after weeks and weeks of fighting with customer service and trying to chase down my package, I finally got a refund from my bank on 11/8.

BarkBox response

Hi there, Kathy! First, we want to thank you for reaching out and providing this feedback. We sincerely apologize for this incredibly frustrating experience. This is absolutely unacceptable and definitely not the norm for us. We certainly dropped the ball for you and Finny. We will be personally reaching out to you to make sure this gets handled immediately! Again, we are so sorry that BarkBox was not the fun, stress-free experience it should have been for you and Finny.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

Mabel our pup loves her BarkBox. She always knows when a package is for her and gets so excited when she sees it! We love the variety of treats as well as the “allergy” option to prevent her from receiving treats she’s allergic to. The treats are high quality and made in the US. The toys are also amazing! We started with a year-long subscription, but since there a girl isn’t a big chewer or toy destroyer her a little toy box was soon overfilled. We contacted customer service and they were more than happy to help us reduce her subscription to an every other month one so we have more time to go through the treats and toys. We’ve had a few minor issues in the past, but they were always quickly resolved and everyone has been extremely helpful and provided extraordinary customer service.

I even contacted them recently regarding a toy from a BarkBox over year ago that our cat had fallen in love with hoping to replace it since a puppy friend had destroyed it. He seriously carried that toy everywhere and loved to play with it so we really wanted to get him a new one. Not only we're lucky enough that they still have the item in stock, but they Are sending us two free! It wasn’t necessary or asked of them, but it was greatly appreciated. They’ve definitely got a loyal subscriber.

BarkBox response

Hi there, Carolyn! Thanks so much for reaching out and letting us know about your entire fur-family's BarkBox Day experience! It sounds like it has been a real hit! Isn't it funny how they learn that the box is for them? Our office pups are the exact same way! Some even get cranky later in the month if their BarkBox has not yet arrived. We are absolutely thrilled to have you and Mabel (and your kitty, of course) in the pack! If you should ever need anything at all, please don't hesitate to reach out at happy@barkbox.com! Have a wonderful weekend!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Would really like to give no stars! I had a year subscription. It was an automatic renewal. No notification was provided it was time. Same day due to renew, tried to cancel for next year. Informed too late. Best option offered was to drop to every other month (6 box) shipment instead of monthly. Spoke to another rep, and account not updated. Still set for monthly x 1 year but at a higher price than original. Still would not cancel. Company locks you in and then cannot get out even after completing year subscription.

BarkBox response

Hi there, Stacy! We want to thank you for taking the time to reach out and provide your feedback about your recent cancellation. We are sincerely sorry for this experience. We absolutely understand your frustration. Receiving a charge that you were not expecting can throw everything off. We would never want someone to feel as though they are stuck with a product or subscription that is not a good fit for them at this time. Again, we are so sorry that we have let you and Maverick down. We are going to personally reach out and make sure everything is taken care of immediately!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

When our girl arrived at 8 weeks old and a mouth full of little piranha teeth she cut through everything! Including tennis balls, wooden chairs, trees and people like butter! Soon after... This mystery box arrived in the mail! From her favorite far away Auntie! Her first BarkBox! Each box containing themed treats and toys! She absolutely adores them! In fact now when a box arrives she knows it's hers!

And to date, after 7 months she has worried a couple small holes in a couple of the toys but I don't know if it's because they are heavier made than her store-bought toys or just that she loves them more but so far all toys are still viable! I do believe the auntie did request for a heavy chewer. Definitely got us through her puppyhood with much less damage to all else! And she does like variety so different treat choices is always fun for her, and I like knowing they have healthier ingredients! For our girl these boxes have arrived like clockwork to date and we could not be more satisfied!

BarkBox response

Hi there, Linda! Thanks so much for reaching out and letting us know about your sweet girl's BarkBox Day experience! She looks like a big ball of sass! What breed is she? Looks like a Cattle Dog? I am glad to hear our More Durable toys are working for her! Much rather those chompers be used for good instead of evil (aka eating every stranger that walks through the door)! If you ever have a toy that doesn't fare so well, don't forget about our Scout's Honor Guarantee! This replaces that toy absolutely free! Please do not ever hesitate to reach out to happy@barkbox.com if you should ever need anything! Have a wonderful weekend :)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BarkBox?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Well I had the BarkBox shipped to my house four times before giving up. Three out of four months something wasn’t correct. Mostly I didn’t receive the box until the very last days of the month. One month my pet got a toy and a bag of treats from a previous theme, and one toy and treat from that month's theme. (How tacky.) Of course I called them. I was given the same old story about switching warehouses and what not. Not my problem. Anyways the gentleman told me replacement toys would arrive in 2-8 business days. They never arrived. Once again I find myself talking with BarkBox and once again they are going to shop replacement toys. Would you believe I received them, but they were toy we had already received. After that I told BarkBox I’m done. I mean it’s too much to deal with. I’d rather switch to a new company and not have to call monthly checking on my order.

BarkBox response

Hi there, Sara! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and provide feedback about your experience. We want to sincerely apologize for this negative experience. We can absolutely understand your frustration. BarkBox is supposed to be a fun, stress-free experience for you and Abby and it sounds like this was not the case for the two of you. It sounds like you and your girl joined the pack right around the time we switched warehouses, however, you are absolutely right, this is not an excuse. We at BARK strive to make every experience a personal and delightful. We will absolutely make sure your experience is heard and learned from. Again, thank you so much for reaching out! We really appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I received my first BarkBox last month and was thrilled, had a wonderful experience. The October subscription came in and after one day it has been a dog lovers nightmare! I excitedly had given him "The Snackenning" apple and bacon treats and a few hours later in the night he kept crying, I woke up turned the light on and my baby was covered in hives the size of marbles everywhere! I gave him ** as well as ** cream and it went away for a few hours. Then came right back. This is the only new product I have introduced him to. He ripped his skin so bad under his pits he needs stitches. BarkBox please look into this item.

BarkBox response

Hey there Katie! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and we are so very sorry to hear this! Our main mission is to ensure your pups happiness and that they are healthy! We would love to ensure that you and your pup don't have this scare again. We can also 100% exclude treats from your box going forward if you would prefer! We would love to get you taken care of going forward. Please email us directly at Lindz@barkbox.com!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I signed up for BarkBox at the beginning of July after reading great reviews and the company standing behind their product. Well I received my first email confirmation for delivery, when I didn't receive the box a few days after this date I reached out to "my contact" via email at BarkBox, she explained the move to the new warehouse and things have taken longer to ship, for the inconvenience she added on two additional months to the end of my YEAR long subscription at no cost.

When I finally received my first box and gave the toys to my Pitbulls they destroyed them within 2 hours so I emailed "my contact" asking what my options were. I received a return email stating that their mailbox was full and my email wouldn't be received. I tried several times after that and finally someone else emailed me and stated I would hear from "my contact" within 48 hours, that of course never happened. I reached out via Instant Messenger on the computer and someone apologized and told me I could upgrade to the next level for no additional cost. I agreed to that and she also said that she would send me two super chewer toys to try at no cost.

I then received a call a week later from BarkBox stating that this person promised me items that were not in inventory so they will need to send me something else. She agreed to send me a new Super chewer box at no cost and for my troubles this far she would not charge me for August and September. After receiving the boxes promised to me (July & August) I have not received any more. I signed up for a year subscription so I went online to chat with someone. The person I chatted with told me my subscription was only for the month, which makes absolutely no sense since the very first person I talked to added two additional months to the end of my 12 months subscription.

When I explained that they said they seen a very extensive chat history in my only 2 months of having BarkBox but the only thing they can do is re-sign me up. She was less than helpful so I asked to have a manager call me. That following Monday an Ambassador called me. He was less than helpful as well. Pretty much told me sorry but there is nothing they can do. After that conversation I received a survey that I filled out as unsatisfied. Last week Thursday I received an email from a Manager Greer and asked what happened and how he can help me.

I thought FINALLY a Manager, however here we are over a week and I sent him two emails and NO response at all. I sent him an email with a suggestion to make this right. I have not received anything. In the few months that I had BarkBox I have had nothing but problems and no one with authority to make it right or even the willingness too. It is extremely disappointing. At this point I would not recommend this product to anyone.

BarkBox response

Hey there Olivia, Scar and Bronx! Thanks so much for your time and for reaching out to us. We are so very sorry to hear that this is the experience that you guys have had. We can totally see how this can be frustrating with all of the confusion and some account issues! Not to worry though! We would love to get this all cleared up for you and make this right on our end as promised. We want nothing more than to make this right for you and your pup and to turn this back into the fun experience! We are sending you a direct email to get this all taken care of on our end!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I claimed one free BarkBox shipment through Verizon Up rewards program. The rewards program provided a code for one box. When the code was applied, it showed a zero balance, but as I continued through their process, it required my credit card information or PayPal. I chatted online and phoned BarkBox. They said their system requires my payment information, but they guarantee they won't use it. They said they need it so the company isn't scammed and that I'm a real person. Please give me a break...he was talking to me on the phone. BarkBox appears to lure you in with a free treat box, and trick you in with a subscription. Who's scamming who??

BarkBox response

Hey there Jeanne and pack! Thanks so much for taking the time to write out this review and we are so very sorry to hear this. That is not the experience that we want you to have at all. Plus we want nothing more than to spoil your pup. We assure you that this is not a scam! With that promotion right now that is good for a free box. However since we are a subscription company our system asks for your billing info. However you are not set to get billed following that free box. If you would like help setting this up we are happy to help over the phone to ensure you of this! Then following that free box if your pup loves it you can sign right back up if you so chose! If you have any further questions please email us directly at Lindz@barkbox.com we would love to get you all taken care of and spoil your pup with that box that they deserve!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I ordered my first BarkBox which was estimated to arrive this Thursday, October 4th (tomorrow). As a first time box buyer you're supposed to receive your box 2-8 business days from your order. I checked on status today and it now says that the box is "still being prepared" when just a couple days ago it had the arrival date of 10/4/18. I already paid for the full 6 months subscription up front. When trying to chat with a service rep they said they had no idea of an estimated date in which I would receive the box. When I asked to cancel the subscription she said I could only cancel going forward and not be refunded for the 6 months I had already paid for. Welcome to BarkBox I suppose! Duped out of my money right out of the gate. I will be going to BBB to get a refund. Paying for services/product then being told "we have no idea what you'll receive this product" is not an acceptable way to do business.

BarkBox response

Hey there Amanda and Click! Thanks so much for being a part of the pack and we are so sorry about this experience. This is the not the experience that we want you guys to have at all and would love to turn this around for you both! We know how eager you guys must be to get your box and we don't blame you at all. It looks like this month's box would be Click's second box and last month was the first. Right now the first box always auto ships right away. Then following that our boxes ship out on the 15th of the month and you can see those boxes anytime from the 15th-26th of the month. Then right now that ETA delivery date can change at any time. We are so very sorry about this and can see how that would be frustrating! Then right now when you sign up for a multi month commitment and cancel that stops the renewal. Meaning you will still get the boxes that you signed up for and none following that. We try to make that apparent at sign up, but it can be easy to miss at times. We would hate to have you and Click leave the pack and want to ensure that you get what you paid for. If you have any further questions or concerns please email us directly at Lindz@barkbox.com! We want to straighten this out to create a better experience for both of you!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I just started BarkBox for Zander. My first experience was a little wobbly. I went online and started a subscription, wanting to make the monthly payments, but it charged me the full annual fee of 235$. The problem was fixed pretty quickly and I got my refund. And a free regular box because they couldn't stop the order. So that was really great. I had to get everything straightened out over the phone because the website didn't give me the option to do the Super Chewer box with monthly payments. So after getting everything figured out I got my free box yesterday. My dog went absolutely crazy with joy. He loved the treats and has not put them down yet. Now being that this was a regular box, I already expected my dog to rip through them right away because he is a super chewer.

Flash forward to 12 hours after getting the box... the toys are obliterated. Nothing left but fabric and one ball that came out of the stuffed toy and was the (BONUS) toy. Nevertheless he still chews on them. Also one last comment. There were so many squeaker in the toys that he went crazy with joy. So I get my Super Chewer box on Saturday and I'll update ya'll how "super chewer" it really is, because I definitely have a SUPER chewer. :)

BarkBox response

Hey there Alexis and Zander! Thanks for your rating and welcome to the pack! We are so very sorry to hear that your checkout process with us was a little rocky! We recently changed out checkout process which would be why you ran into some trouble. We are so happy to hear that you got it all taken care of though! Then since your first box is not the super chewer box if Zander happens to rip through something let us know. We are always more than happy to send out another item on us that might work better! Just email us directly at lindz@barkbox.com! Then we can't wait to hear all about how that super chewer box works out for you guys! We love hearing that the first box was such a hit! If you or Zander need anything else please just let us know. We are always more than happy to help at any time.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I have always looked forward to the monthly boxes, as well as my pups. However, my recent experience will cause me to never use your service or recommend to others. The cancellation policy and what seems to be a trend of complaints, was a three month process. My dogs' last box contained treats that made them quite sick. Two of my three dogs were up all night vomiting and diarrhea. I’m not sure I would have made the connection to the treats until an email from BarkBox today. They have never reacted to what you are saying was a mislabeled “included barley” response.

My third dog did not eat any of the treats. She actually turned her nose to them. Smart pup. All three of my dogs eat the same food, so this was the only out of the ordinary thing the two others ate yesterday. My youngest pup of two years is still sick and now headed to the vet. I’m upset, disappointed and hope to God my dogs are OK. I would have known over the many years of giving my dogs treats and food, if they had a grain allergy, which you have stated was the issue. Please research or figure it out further before other dogs are suddenly ill with no explanation.

BarkBox response

Hey there Reilly and pack!

Thanks so much for your review and for making us aware. We are so very sorry to hear that the treats didn't work out. Our main priority is for your pup to be happy and healthy. So we are so sorry that wasn't the case with those. We are more than happy to look more into this for you and we hope to get an update on how your pup is doing! We would also love more info on these treats if you still have them! Please email us directly at Lindz@barkbox.com so we can make sure your pup is okay and to get more info on the treats!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I have been a BarkBox subscriber for 4 years and have previously found them to be mildly inefficient but the billing is accurate, the toys are cute and the packaging is tidy. However, I recently placed a gift order to BarkBox and things have gone badly. I got a delivery eta of a week out. Package not received 2 weeks later, multiple (5) follow-up emails entirely ignored by BarkBox. Response that finally came cited “mass email” to all subscribers (never received, although I continue to receive lots of sales emails from BarkBox) and “ongoing warehouse inventory”, and hopes that the box will ship in the next week or so. There is no mechanism for expediting support requests, and the front line folks appear to working from scripts intended to appease and retain customers, regardless of whether or not the problem can be addressed.

BarkBox response

Hey Anne! Thanks so much for reaching out to us and we are so very sorry to hear this! That is not the experience that we want you or that lucky pup to have at all. We want nothing more than to make the experience as easy and enjoyable for you as possible! I would love to turn this around for you and email you directly to get this taken care of! Please email us directly at Lindz@barkbox.com so we can ensure that pup gets that box!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I have a small Chinese Crested Chihuahua and he loves the treats, although the toys are not made sturdy enough. The biggest issue I have is I canceled in advance and they still charged my account! I want a full refund or next stop will be the BBB. If I receive any further boxes they will be returned. The meaning of a canceled subscription is no further payments will be made. Make this right and refund my money please!

BarkBox response

Hey there Cathy and Rascals! Thanks so much for your review and we are so sorry to hear that the toys are not tough enough for Rascal! We can't keep that tail wagging if the toys are not lasting! We do have wonderful durability options such as our super chewer box and our more durable classic boxes. Then we are so sorry for the trouble with trying to cancel your account. Right now when you sign up for a multi month commitment and cancel that stops the renewal. So you will still get the commitment that you signed up for and none following that. We do try to make that apparent at sign up but it can be easy to miss. Then I went in for you on my end and closed your current account. If anything changes we would love to have you and Rascals back in the pack with more durablility or a treat only box!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Like several corporate replies to others' reviews, I also have been informed by corporate that a "hiccup in the warehouse" is delaying August orders. Zero information was provided by the company up front to explain this problem. I attempted a chat with customer service last week only to discover that there is no chat. I had to leave a message, which wasn't returned. Then I emailed customer service about an ETA. That prompted a corporate reply with the as-now-standard "hiccup in the warehouse" explanation. I was told our August box is "still on the way." That doesn't answer my ETA question.

This company can manage to email me every month asking if I want to double my order (increasing their profit), but they can't manage to send an update about late order distribution. Please. The corporate reply I received states they will add a month to my subscription. Great. But August's box still isn't here, and my account dashboard has only been updated to state that my dog's box "is being built." Still no tracking information or arrival date. My dog loves these boxes and the toys and treats. Overall, we have had a good experience until now. But the utter lack of proactive communication on the company's part about the "hiccup in the warehouse" and their avoidance of a specific response is poor customer service.

BarkBox response

Hey Sonya and pack! Thanks so much for reaching out and we are so sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the norm for us, nor the experience that we want you to have. We know how much you and your pup depend on those monthly boxes. So we want to make sure you get them ASAP! I am also so sorry for the trouble and confusion with our warehouse move. I would love to further explain this to you and track down your box for you on my end to turn this around for you. Please reach out directly to Lindz@barkbox.com and we will get you all taken care of!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

The day our BarkBox arrives is the BEST DAY OF THE MONTH! I love BarkBox more than my dogs possibly! The quality of the treats and toys is impossible to top and the creativity in each box is top notch! Great job BarkBox! Keep it coming! Keep being amazing!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Not so happy with this company. It is already August and have not received my July box yet. When I try to check online, it just says, "Information not available yet." Talked to the rep and she said there have been some delays with getting boxes out due to a warehouse move, and while I understand the delay (I guess?), being proactive and communicating this information to customers would go a long way to avoid frustration. They did offer to make the August box free, which is nice, but as of now, my August box will be delivered before the July box. Makes no sense. It's a bummer. I was excited, but I'm not trusting that future orders will be timely.

BarkBox response

Hey there Debbie! Thanks so much for reaching out and for your feedback. I'm so sorry to hear that you and your pup have yet to get your due July box. This is not the norm for us nor the experience that we want you to have. If you are paying for those boxes we want to do everything to make sure that you and your pup get those goodies.

We did recently switch warehouses in July and in doing so it caused a hiccup in our system with some boxes. So some of our boxes were a little bit delayed. We are more than happy to make sure that you get that July box and check into the tracking more for you and turn this around. Then going forward I want to ensure you and your pack that you shouldn't have any further trouble with boxes. That was just due to our warehouse move for the month of July. Then your box for this month should be there in no time at all. Our official shipping date monthly is on the 15th! We would love to double check this for you and give you more specifics. Please just email us directly at Lindz@barkbox.com and we can look into this for you and get your July box all taken care of.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I purchased a six month order, all prepaid. The only reason I did order was there was a special going on that the first box would be doubled. After a few days the tracking hadn't updated so I chatted with them, and "it will be going out in the next day or two." Two weeks later and NOTHING has shipped. They keep offering me free boxes, but I can't seem to get the initial one that I paid for. A few days ago, a different lady said no you should have gotten it by now I will send a replacement. I thought ok great finally! HAHAHAHA Jokes on me!!! I received an email saying that my replacement was no longer available, but they would be happy to give me a free box at the end of my subscription. I am beyond frustrated, and fed up. I've asked to cancel my subscription, but they keep saying give it a little while. I just want my money back. I can go to the store and buy my babies toys...

BarkBox response

Hey there Malia! Thanks so much for reaching out and we are so terribly sorry to hear that this is the experience that you and your pup have had. This is not the norm for us nor the experience that we want you to have at all. We want nothing more than to keep your pups tail wagging and to ensure you get the goodies that you paid for.

We recently underwent a very large warehouse move for the month of July. In doing so we had a few hiccups with some of our boxes. Then also there was limited inventory in our new warehouse. Which would be why that replacement order was canceled. I can totally understand your frustration with the back and fourth and the confusion. So we would love to make this right for you and turn this experience around in the best way that we can. Please email us directly at Lindz@barkbox.com and we would love to help!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have been using BarkBox for over a year now. And even as I write this and was speaking aloud my dog sat straight up and looked at me when he heard the words BarkBox! It has become a phrase in my house to get the pups to come or do as I say by simply saying those two wonderful words BARKBOX! I have two dachshunds that absolutely love their toys every month, and have even learned when each month to start expecting them and literally watching out the window! But my babies aren't the only ones in love with this company... Over the past year I have found the BarkBox employees to be by far the most kind caring and helpful of any company I have ever dealt with. I have never done one of these reviews before but I created an account for just this company. Greatness like this should be acknowledged!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

This company is one I truly support. Their boxes are good value. All their items are high quality and unique. Saves me a trip to the store every month for new toys and the treats are a bonus. I would say if you are on the edge, try it out. If anything the customer service has never given me an issue and are always friendly.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Meme is receiving TWO BarkBoxes. Had not received May box. Saw I had a 12 month subscription. Had an offer for a subscription with bonus toy. Two days later, I received late box, then a couple days new box was here. In June, I got 2 boxes (a few days late). July, they are on schedule, but I'm still getting 2. I only need 1. Thank you.

BarkBox response

Hey Connie and Meme! We are so terribly sorry about this and that is not the experience that we want you to have at all. We are more than happy to clear this up for you and make sure you only get one box a month going forward. Then since you were getting two boxes for this month please feel free to donate the second extra box on us to a local shelter in your area!

Original review: June 26, 2018

Both my dogs enjoy the treats and toys they receive monthly. Customer Service is over the top fantastic! Always concerned that the dogs are enjoying their monthly surprises. One of my dogs have allergies, and the box is designed around her allergy. They also offer more durable toys for the heavy chewers - like mine! :)

Original review: June 22, 2018

Every month the box comes and I am literally clobbered by my pups in anticipation. I’m pretty sure the themes are more exciting for me but helps me stay engaged and as excited as they are. It’s a 5 star experience for them but I only gave four stars Because the toys are often too big for little Milo and he will only play with them for a little bit but since he can’t escape with them fast enough cuz of their size the bigger dogs take them. The treats are always a big hit but I won’t give them the bully stick or hard treat because it’s often so hard I can’t even break it and I’m afraid one of them might choke on it so I stay on the cautious side and throw that one away. The last 3 or 4 months I’ve had to do this. Otherwise I love this monthly fun time with my little ones!!

BarkBox response

Hey there Christy and pack! We are so happy to hear that you guys are loving the monthly goodies and we don't blame you at all. They are just that good. I'm so sad thought to hear that some of the toys are not the perfect size for Milo! We want to keep those tails wagging and to make the boxes as special for you guys as we can. So what we can do is customize your monthly boxes to better cater your whole pack! Then we can also customize the chews so you don't get them in your boxes or we can customize them so you don't get the harder ones. We would love to help with this and can do so if you email us directly at Lindz@barkbox.com!

Original review: June 22, 2018

Blizzard is a deaf Goldendoodle who hears with his heart. He always looks forward to his BarkBox and we hold up his toys up so he can look at each one them before making his choice of the one he wants first. He also loves the treats too!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I love coming home and seeing the BarkBox on my porch. My dog, Duke, also loves it when he sees me bring it inside. It's the highlight of the month for Duke. He'll stare at it, because he knows what it is, even though he can't open it. He loves all the toys, and all the treats that he receives. I have not received a treat bag yet that he wouldn't eat. And the customer service is the best on the planet. I'm very happy with being a BarkBox customer!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have three vizslas--9-year-old Zoltan, 6-year-old Judit, and 5-month-old Sophia. When that box arrives it's like Christmas for them! They get very excited and always have fun "opening" their package to dig into those fun toys and tasty treats! The themes are always clever and the toys are well-made to withstand their aggressive play. I appreciate the variety of treats included, and am impressed with the quality of ingredients. Thank you for providing my vizslas with quality toys and treats that bring so much happiness to our home--I love spoiling them every month! PLEASE keep up the great products and service!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I really love the BarkBoxes that come to the door. It really has good treats and cute toys for our fur babies. There is two things I would change. 1. Months with holidays given the option to choose holiday toys or regular. Like Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, 4th of July... etc. I would choose the holiday every time. 2. On the birthday months, you sent out a email asking about the birthday cake treat. I wished it would have arrived before the birthday, instead of 5 days later. It was disappointing.

Original review: June 20, 2018

When I first signed up for BarkBox, I was an excited first-time puppy owner. I loved my dog and I wanted to give him the best of the best, and BarkBox was an excellent way to do that. I love knowing that I'm giving my dog top quality treats, and I never have to worry about running out because I get two bags each month. Being a first time dog owner, I also didn't realize how valuable the auto ship toys would be! While my dog doesn't usually tear through toys, he will rip holes in them to get squeakers out or chew a hole in them. I never have to worry about replacing toys because I know he'll be getting another BarkBox soon.

The themes of the box are fun for me and my husband and are always good for a laugh - I think we look forward to the box as much as the dog! The customer service I have received with BarkBox is also top notch. The very few times I've had an issue or there was a toy that my dog wasn't a fan of, they fixed it right away. I also love the BarkBox app, especially the feature to rate the toys in each box. I like being able to provide feedback on what my pup likes best, and I feel like my boxes have had more toys that he absolutely LOVES since I started reviewing them every month. 10/10 would recommend to anyone with a dog.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The theme each month is so much fun and creative! The toys are so cute and the snacks are ALWAYS a hit! I have thoroughly enjoyed getting this every month for my fur babies. The customer service is excellent as well!

BarkBox response

Hey there Diana and pack! Thanks so much for the kind words and for the great review. We are so happy to hear that you and the pups are getting so much joy out of the monthly boxes! Barkbox day is the best day monthly! Then in the meantime if you guys need anything else going forward please don't hesitate to let us know. We are always happy to help at any time.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have been subscribing to BarkBox for about a year after we got our new puppy and we couldn't be happier! Every month we receive the best treats and toys and Jerry is always so excited! Additionally, I love how they reach out about your experience and what works and what isn't. I also appreciate the options to add, upgrade or change items based on your dog's needs/wants, This has been a great experience for us and our pup and we don't have to leave the house! It's like Christmas once a month for our pup! :)

BarkBox response

Hey Amy and pack! Thanks so much for the kind words and the great review. We are so happy to hear that you guys are both loving the monthly surprises in the mail. We are dedicated to keeping that tail wagging and keeping you a happy pup parent as well. We totally understand that every pup is different so we try to cater to every pups specific needs the best we can. Please give your pup all of the love from us. Then in the meantime if there is anything else that we might be able to help with just let us know. We are always happy to help at any time.

BarkBox expert review by ConsumerAffairs

BarkBox is a subscription service for all-natural treats and toys. You sign up for a plan and receive a themed BarkBox every month based on the size of dog you have. BarkBox launched in 2012 as part of BARK, an online pet treat and toy store.

• Personalized box: When you sign up for BarkBox, you choose plans based on the size of your dog. BarkBox has surprises for three different dog sizes: small, up to 20 pounds; medium, 20-50 pounds; and large, 50 pounds or more.

• Package contents: Each package includes at least two toys, two bags of all-natural treats and a chew. Contents change every month, so your dog won’t get the same thing twice.

• Fun themed packages: Each BarkBox comes with a fun theme like Sniffin’ Safari, Chewrassic Park and New York City. The BarkBox theme is a different surprise every month, ensuring that your dog never gets bored.

• Free replacement: If your pup doesn’t like an item they got, BarkBox will send your dog a replacement toy for free. This way, you never have to pay for a toy your dog doesn’t use.

• Subscription options: BarkBox costs $29 per month if you pay on a monthly basis. However, you can pay in advance to save money. Paying for six months at a time costs $25 per box, and paying for a full year costs $21 per month.

• Best for: owners and dogs who like surprises every month.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs