Get Started

3.7/5 (876 ratings)

About BarkBox

Get ready to spoil your pup with BarkBox! Every month you’ll receive TWO original toys designed in-house (with the help of their dog-obsessed toy experts), TWO full bags of all-natural treats, and ONE drool-worthy chew. Each box is built around a fun surprise theme for all dog & dog parents to enjoy. If your pup doesn’t absolutely love something, BarkBox will make it right, no questions asked!

Pros

• Options for dogs with allergies
  • High-quality ingredients
  • Customized to your dog’s size

Cons

• Subscriptions renew automatically

Bottom Line

BarkBox provides a fun monthly subscription box with treats and toys for your dog. While you can’t cancel a subscription early, there is a month-to-month option available.

BarkBox Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BarkBox?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BarkBox?

Original review: April 11, 2020

I am very happy with Bark Box. Angel loves the toys and the treats. They are in a toy box and she pulls them out all the time. Loves the squeak toys. She uses them to calm herself and to stay busy. The themes of each box are so cool. I love the themes.

Original review: April 10, 2020

We got a beagle/bluetick mix in April of 2019, and found out he was a toy destroyer! He LOVES toys (especially stuffed ones) but being a baby he would destroy them and then try to eat the skins. Nothing was working and he was becoming bored. I kept seeing BarkBox on Facebook and they were promoting a pigs-butt. I got online to investigate and started a chat session with a customer service representative. I had already placed a subscription order for a Classic Barkbox, and found out they had a Super Chewer's version (insert huge smiley face!!).

The customer service rep. explained what it was and changed my subscription so that we would get the Super Chewer box monthly. We chose a 1yr subscription. So far the toys have been very durable. They are heavy and well made and he has not destroyed a single one - although he plays with them a LOT. The treats are aplenty! We share those with our senior Chihuahua who loves them too.

We have recommended the service to several of our friends who complain of the same issues of toy destruction. My only wish is that at some point they would find a nondestructible plushie (stuffed toy?). No squeaky required, just something he could carry around and not tear apart because he is in heaven whenever he has a new "baby". Benjin looks forward to his "mail" monthly and he knows the box that arrives is for him and his sister Paris!!! Thanks BarkBox for making my kids happy!

Original review: April 10, 2020

Chewie loves to get his boxes in the mail! He literally tries to eat it open because he knows goodies are inside. We share our toys with his bestie and he also loves to chew up the plastic toys that it comes with. I didn’t think it would be as popular as it is with the dogs and my kids but they all love it and enjoy the experience and excitement.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I’ve told you over & over again that Shiloh is a big chewer. She doesn’t get to enjoy or play with the toys cause she destroys them a couple minutes after she gets them.??. I’m paying all this money for her to have fun with toys but very disappointed in what she gets!!!!

Hi Laurie!

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're incredibly sorry to hear about Shiloh's experience with those Super Chewer toys each month. We certainly understand the frustration that's been caused by this and know that certainly isn't the experience that we strive to curate for you both each month. We'd be happy to further discuss everything with you to help make things right. Please be on the lookout for a direct reply from a member of our team to assist you!

Original review: April 10, 2020

Most of the boxes were on time and Remi loved them. However, December and January boxes only had 1 toy in each one. Not very happy with that. I also would like to switch to a less hard box. One with cloth toys.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Barkbox is great, we love getting our box every month and light up when we open it. The themes and ideas are so creative and cute and the treats smell almost good enough to eat at times. Our dog, Taylor, enjoys having new toys to play with each month and a variety of treats. You can check which dislikes are allergens your dog has to customize the box further. It’s really been a great experience overall!

Original review: April 10, 2020

I’ve requested no pork base protein 2 months ago, and have had to throw out the the pork treats received in February and March. The toys are awesome. I had a 400.00 vet bill in Jan from the pork treats that caused severe stomach and intestinal issues. PLEASE no pork anything!

Hi Barb.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're incredibly sorry to hear about your pups experience with the treats from recent shipments. We certainly understand the frustration that's been caused by this and know that certainly isn't the experience that we strive to curate for you both. We'd be happy to further discuss everything with you to help make things right. Please be on the lookout for a direct reply from a member of our team to assist you!

Original review: April 10, 2020

My pup loves opening her box and getting her two new toys! She’s always so excited and tries to play with everything at once! She’s a mini Aussie so it’s funny to watch! She loves all the treats and has had no issues. Perfect way to show your pet you love them.

Original review: April 10, 2020

We like Bark Box because it gives our rescue dog a variety of treats and toys that she loves almost every time. She knows when her box comes and is very excited when I bring it in the house. I like that I can customize it and add to it. When we found out she had an allergy I was able to update her my order to accommodate her allergy so she didn't get treats that she was allergic too. When she would shred the toys at first I was able to get tougher toys for her that last longer. So far we have not been disappointed with anything we have gotten from our boxes. Some things (very few) have been just ok, but our whole family are animal lovers so someone has been able to enjoy them.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Rufus and I look forward to the Bark Box every month. He loves most of the treats and most of the toys. Anytime I have had an issue with a toy not holding up to Rufus, they have replaced it for free. They even recalled one toy, but sent a new one in its place.

Original review: April 10, 2020

We love that they come every month. Also that it comes right to the door. Love love the themes every month. Toys they withstand about a week. Yet for him that is great. Not only do I love the themes each week he loves them. It is nice to try the different treats also. I don't have to get that much at the store anymore. If I had the extra money I would definitely get the extra toys every week. Love that the box also comes with description of the toys and little bit of info. Plus not only are the toys Hardy but they do have squeaky toys that he loves. The price is good because the toys last. So instead paying a few dollars every other day we pay a fair price for toys the he really enjoys and last for a few weeks. One of the best things is the great themes.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I can’t describe what happens when Barkbox arrives. Reba can’t wait to bust it open. It’s all about the toys. Here is a clip from February. It’s like this every month. Mad love. One time an Amazon box came that was about the same size, she went nuts. She thought it was her Barkbox. We felt so bad. If you ever need an unboxing commercial/dog hit us up. Reba is your biggest fan.

Original review: April 10, 2020

This is the best money I have ever spent. My dog gets so excited when she gets her box. She loves the toys and treats! We get the mail everyday and she has to smell it to make sure there is no box and nothing smells like it should be hers.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I see that I was billed on April 4th but I still haven't received any order updates or received our Barkbox. It would be delightful to get it. Levi looks forward to it every month. Usually I get tracking numbers by now?

Original review: April 10, 2020

Ruger loves his monthly boxes. There hasn't been a box he didn't enjoy. All toys are holding strong, which is very important for this 85 pound 9 month old. The variety of monthly themes and treats allow for a healthy toy and treat box for Ruger.

Original review: April 10, 2020

My pup know the difference between his Bark Box and others. He gets soooo happy. The themes are very cute each month! If I ever have trouble with toys or treats they are so happy to help change is likes and offer replacements. Thank you Bark Box.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Amazing Experience. The title says it, it's not a subscription box. It's an experience. Scout my mischievous pupper with "adamantium" teeth, LOVES the monthly surprises. Every time it gets home he KNOWS, he seeks it and tries to open it. He knows first thing I will give him one of the chews for him to snack on and then I get into the toys because I can't help myself. It keeps me entertained as much as it keeps him happy.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I definitely do recommend Barkbox to my friends. My dog, Lexi, and I have really liked our experience. The staff is very helpful and even offer to send you something else if you or your dog are not happy. The price is very good as well.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Bark box for Boxador. We love Bark Box! Keeps things simple and easy and New toys and treats come to the door every month without thinking about it. I have health issues that prevent me from being able to drive and to make it easy to carry a lot of things. The service is a huge convenience as I don’t have to worry about buying new toys and dog treats and then getting them here whether it’s at the store or online constantly. It’s just taken care of every month.

Original review: April 10, 2020

We were loving our monthly boxes until February. Whose idea was it to put in angel wings?! Just lost my son, and certainly don’t need my puppy to earn his wings. Poor choice of “toy”. Threw out box, very upsetting.

BarkBox response

Hi Suzanne. Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback. We are so sorry to hear about this experience and for your loss. Please know there was no intention to upset anyone or offend in anyway. We will be sending you a direct message right away to discuss this further and make it right for you and your pack.

Original review: April 10, 2020

We had the absolute best customer service. When the toys were not lasting, I called and talked with a representative that changed our toys to the toughest. They even replaced one that was chewed up. Since then we have been very happy with every box, toy, and treat.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Princess Browning is so excited when she sees her box in the mail! She stands, eager for us to open it and smell and see what’s inside! The toys are nice and strong for her since she’s definitely a super chewer!! In her most recent box, she got a beer and bottle opener that are super strength dog toys!

Original review: April 10, 2020

My dog Rory loves Bark Box toys. He recognizes the box, and get excited when I bring it in the house. He knows there is something inside for him. I love bark box not only because Rory enjoys it but because it’s one of the nicest companies. If you have a problem with an item they replace it no questions asked. I wish more companies treated their clients as well as Bark box.

Original review: April 10, 2020

BarkBox is wonderful. Toys are of great quality. It's exciting to see the clever/funny/beautiful toys that arrive. Toast (our pup) recognizes the box now & eagerly waits for us to open up the box & show him his new toys. Only recommendation for BarkBox is to create a "toys only" box. While Toast is a sucker for treats, it also gives him tummy aches with the new treats each month. Toast has given BarkBox as a gift to his best pals & they love it too.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Tough toys, if my dog is able to chew them up, they replace them with no problem. The treats have been enjoyed by my dog. My dog is a very strong chewer so it is hard to find things that he won't chew through.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Cocoa and I love our monthly BarkBox. Once a month seems perfect as Cocoa is ready for a new toy every couple of weeks. Cocoa can be quite destructive with toys and some of them haven't lasted more than a couple of months. I am always surprised and excited to see the theme each month. A lot of creative people work at BarkBox.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Teka loves her monthly Bark Box. She has so many treats, we take a bag to work and share with all the other dogs. We’ve only received one bag of treats Teka didn’t like. The toys are always fun. She still prefers her squeaky tennis ball over all others, but she does play with the other toys as well. I love how affordable the box is.

Original review: April 10, 2020

My three babies get so excited when they see their boxes every month because they know treats and toys are inside. They love that each toy comes with a new kind of puzzle (with the end result being a treat). And I love Barkbox because I know what kind of food are in my dogs' treats. They are a great size and I love all the ingredients because of the fact that they are simple, healthy, and there are always new flavor combinations! I can’t express enough how grateful we are for barkbox and its natural treats and durable toys that are safe for my pups. Not to mention a great price! Thank you barkbox! -Zeus, Athena, & Chieftain

Original review: April 10, 2020

Thunder looks forward to the Bark Box each month. When the box comes in the door, he jumps for joy!! He loves the snacks! But, he is getting bored with the toys. Each are made similar from one month to the other. Not interested in them. They are made well, however.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I love getting the monthly Bark Boxes! My dog absolutely loves them. He is a purebred German Shepherd and for the most part, the toys hold up, which is nice. He absolutely loves the treats too. The best part is I love everything I get for the price I get it at.

BarkBox Company Information