3.7/5 (884 ratings)

About BarkBox

Get ready to spoil your pup with BarkBox! Every month you’ll receive TWO original toys designed in-house (with the help of their dog-obsessed toy experts), TWO full bags of all-natural treats, and ONE drool-worthy chew. Each box is built around a fun surprise theme for all dog & dog parents to enjoy. If your pup doesn’t absolutely love something, BarkBox will make it right, no questions asked!

Pros

• Options for dogs with allergies
  • High-quality ingredients
  • Customized to your dog’s size

Cons

• Subscriptions renew automatically

Bottom Line

BarkBox provides a fun monthly subscription box with treats and toys for your dog. While you can’t cancel a subscription early, there is a month-to-month option available.

BarkBox Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BarkBox?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BarkBox?

Original review: April 11, 2020

Their customer service is the best. They have gone out of their way to make sure that everything was perfect. Laci loves her boxes. She gets so excited when she sees it on the porch. The toys are excellent quality and she loves the treats. She won't eat store bought treats anymore. I would, and have recommended Barkbox to several people. I love them!

Original review: April 11, 2020

I cannot say enough great things about BarkBox! From interacting with customer service to receiving orders in a timely manner, it’s always seamless. The toys are well made and Ruby loves the treats! I recommend BarkBox to anyone I can... It is truly one of the best brands I’ve ever used!

Original review: April 11, 2020

I love Barkbox and so do my puppies! It's cheap and easy. When it shows up Padfoot and Luna know exactly what it is and get so excited. They get to try different treats and always have new toys to play with.

Original review: April 11, 2020

I have nothing but satisfaction from Bark Box. They have gone beyond to make sure I am totally satisfied with every product I received. I recently got a Super Chewer and there was no problem changing my subscription to accommodate my new English Bull Terrior.

Original review: April 11, 2020

We have had problems with almost every box. I give feedback and receive platitudes not results. As I have stated before, we will not be renewing! Toys are either too delicate or too big. I have stated (several times) Angel does not like fish. She has eaten a few of the carp treats but that’s all. Yet you still send fish treats... I complain about a toy, get promised a specific replacement and get sent something entirely different. (Finally got the promised item as the toy in this last box). Perhaps I am at fault for expecting people to follow through with their promises.

Hi Vickie.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're incredibly sorry to hear about your experience with us recently. We certainly understand the frustration that's been caused by this and know that certainly isn't the experience that we strive to curate for you and your . We'd be happy to further discuss everything with you to help make things right. Please be on the lookout for a direct reply from a member of our team to assist you!

Original review: April 11, 2020

The kids love getting their Bark Box. Can barely get the box open before their noses are inside it. They like the healthier snack choice but not so much the sticks or long chews. Anything that squeaks is always a plus.

Original review: April 11, 2020

I was unsure about spending the money for a box of dog stuff each month since I’m a single Mom on a VERY tight budget. However I am so glad I did! Each box has a variety of surprises for my girl. She knows the box is for her and is sooo excited each month! Some she kills for the squeaker, others she keeps pristine and treasures them. The treats are always a hit, and the one time Pepper didn’t care for it, you sent a replacement! Great customer service, great communication, great treats, great toys! So happy I budgeted this in each month for my Pepper!

Original review: April 11, 2020

My dogs LOVE the toys and treats. I especially liked the toys that had toys inside, much longer play once they destroyed the toy. It’s nice to have a variety of treats so they don’t get bored. I have four rescued dogs who benefit from the BarkBox.

Original review: April 11, 2020

I am very happy with Bark Box. Angel loves the toys and the treats. They are in a toy box and she pulls them out all the time. Loves the squeak toys. She uses them to calm herself and to stay busy. The themes of each box are so cool. I love the themes.

Original review: April 10, 2020

We got a beagle/bluetick mix in April of 2019, and found out he was a toy destroyer! He LOVES toys (especially stuffed ones) but being a baby he would destroy them and then try to eat the skins. Nothing was working and he was becoming bored. I kept seeing BarkBox on Facebook and they were promoting a pigs-butt. I got online to investigate and started a chat session with a customer service representative. I had already placed a subscription order for a Classic Barkbox, and found out they had a Super Chewer's version (insert huge smiley face!!).

The customer service rep. explained what it was and changed my subscription so that we would get the Super Chewer box monthly. We chose a 1yr subscription. So far the toys have been very durable. They are heavy and well made and he has not destroyed a single one - although he plays with them a LOT. The treats are aplenty! We share those with our senior Chihuahua who loves them too.

We have recommended the service to several of our friends who complain of the same issues of toy destruction. My only wish is that at some point they would find a nondestructible plushie (stuffed toy?). No squeaky required, just something he could carry around and not tear apart because he is in heaven whenever he has a new "baby". Benjin looks forward to his "mail" monthly and he knows the box that arrives is for him and his sister Paris!!! Thanks BarkBox for making my kids happy!

Original review: April 10, 2020

Chewie loves to get his boxes in the mail! He literally tries to eat it open because he knows goodies are inside. We share our toys with his bestie and he also loves to chew up the plastic toys that it comes with. I didn’t think it would be as popular as it is with the dogs and my kids but they all love it and enjoy the experience and excitement.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I’ve told you over & over again that Shiloh is a big chewer. She doesn’t get to enjoy or play with the toys cause she destroys them a couple minutes after she gets them.??. I’m paying all this money for her to have fun with toys but very disappointed in what she gets!!!!

Hi Laurie!

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're incredibly sorry to hear about Shiloh's experience with those Super Chewer toys each month. We certainly understand the frustration that's been caused by this and know that certainly isn't the experience that we strive to curate for you both each month. We'd be happy to further discuss everything with you to help make things right. Please be on the lookout for a direct reply from a member of our team to assist you!

Original review: April 10, 2020

Most of the boxes were on time and Remi loved them. However, December and January boxes only had 1 toy in each one. Not very happy with that. I also would like to switch to a less hard box. One with cloth toys.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Barkbox is great, we love getting our box every month and light up when we open it. The themes and ideas are so creative and cute and the treats smell almost good enough to eat at times. Our dog, Taylor, enjoys having new toys to play with each month and a variety of treats. You can check which dislikes are allergens your dog has to customize the box further. It’s really been a great experience overall!

Original review: April 10, 2020

I’ve requested no pork base protein 2 months ago, and have had to throw out the the pork treats received in February and March. The toys are awesome. I had a 400.00 vet bill in Jan from the pork treats that caused severe stomach and intestinal issues. PLEASE no pork anything!

Hi Barb.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're incredibly sorry to hear about your pups experience with the treats from recent shipments. We certainly understand the frustration that's been caused by this and know that certainly isn't the experience that we strive to curate for you both. We'd be happy to further discuss everything with you to help make things right. Please be on the lookout for a direct reply from a member of our team to assist you!

Original review: April 10, 2020

My pup loves opening her box and getting her two new toys! She’s always so excited and tries to play with everything at once! She’s a mini Aussie so it’s funny to watch! She loves all the treats and has had no issues. Perfect way to show your pet you love them.

Original review: April 10, 2020

We like Bark Box because it gives our rescue dog a variety of treats and toys that she loves almost every time. She knows when her box comes and is very excited when I bring it in the house. I like that I can customize it and add to it. When we found out she had an allergy I was able to update her my order to accommodate her allergy so she didn't get treats that she was allergic too. When she would shred the toys at first I was able to get tougher toys for her that last longer. So far we have not been disappointed with anything we have gotten from our boxes. Some things (very few) have been just ok, but our whole family are animal lovers so someone has been able to enjoy them.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Rufus and I look forward to the Bark Box every month. He loves most of the treats and most of the toys. Anytime I have had an issue with a toy not holding up to Rufus, they have replaced it for free. They even recalled one toy, but sent a new one in its place.

Original review: April 10, 2020

We love that they come every month. Also that it comes right to the door. Love love the themes every month. Toys they withstand about a week. Yet for him that is great. Not only do I love the themes each week he loves them. It is nice to try the different treats also. I don't have to get that much at the store anymore. If I had the extra money I would definitely get the extra toys every week. Love that the box also comes with description of the toys and little bit of info. Plus not only are the toys Hardy but they do have squeaky toys that he loves. The price is good because the toys last. So instead paying a few dollars every other day we pay a fair price for toys the he really enjoys and last for a few weeks. One of the best things is the great themes.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I can’t describe what happens when Barkbox arrives. Reba can’t wait to bust it open. It’s all about the toys. Here is a clip from February. It’s like this every month. Mad love. One time an Amazon box came that was about the same size, she went nuts. She thought it was her Barkbox. We felt so bad. If you ever need an unboxing commercial/dog hit us up. Reba is your biggest fan.

Original review: April 10, 2020

This is the best money I have ever spent. My dog gets so excited when she gets her box. She loves the toys and treats! We get the mail everyday and she has to smell it to make sure there is no box and nothing smells like it should be hers.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I see that I was billed on April 4th but I still haven't received any order updates or received our Barkbox. It would be delightful to get it. Levi looks forward to it every month. Usually I get tracking numbers by now?

Original review: April 10, 2020

Ruger loves his monthly boxes. There hasn't been a box he didn't enjoy. All toys are holding strong, which is very important for this 85 pound 9 month old. The variety of monthly themes and treats allow for a healthy toy and treat box for Ruger.

Original review: April 10, 2020

My pup know the difference between his Bark Box and others. He gets soooo happy. The themes are very cute each month! If I ever have trouble with toys or treats they are so happy to help change is likes and offer replacements. Thank you Bark Box.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Amazing Experience. The title says it, it's not a subscription box. It's an experience. Scout my mischievous pupper with "adamantium" teeth, LOVES the monthly surprises. Every time it gets home he KNOWS, he seeks it and tries to open it. He knows first thing I will give him one of the chews for him to snack on and then I get into the toys because I can't help myself. It keeps me entertained as much as it keeps him happy.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I definitely do recommend Barkbox to my friends. My dog, Lexi, and I have really liked our experience. The staff is very helpful and even offer to send you something else if you or your dog are not happy. The price is very good as well.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Bark box for Boxador. We love Bark Box! Keeps things simple and easy and New toys and treats come to the door every month without thinking about it. I have health issues that prevent me from being able to drive and to make it easy to carry a lot of things. The service is a huge convenience as I don’t have to worry about buying new toys and dog treats and then getting them here whether it’s at the store or online constantly. It’s just taken care of every month.

Original review: April 10, 2020

We were loving our monthly boxes until February. Whose idea was it to put in angel wings?! Just lost my son, and certainly don’t need my puppy to earn his wings. Poor choice of “toy”. Threw out box, very upsetting.

BarkBox response

Hi Suzanne. Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback. We are so sorry to hear about this experience and for your loss. Please know there was no intention to upset anyone or offend in anyway. We will be sending you a direct message right away to discuss this further and make it right for you and your pack.

Original review: April 10, 2020

We had the absolute best customer service. When the toys were not lasting, I called and talked with a representative that changed our toys to the toughest. They even replaced one that was chewed up. Since then we have been very happy with every box, toy, and treat.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Princess Browning is so excited when she sees her box in the mail! She stands, eager for us to open it and smell and see what’s inside! The toys are nice and strong for her since she’s definitely a super chewer!! In her most recent box, she got a beer and bottle opener that are super strength dog toys!

BarkBox Company Information