Get Started

2. Pets
  3. Dog Treats

3.7/5 (875 ratings)

About BarkBox

Get ready to spoil your pup with BarkBox! Every month you’ll receive TWO original toys designed in-house (with the help of their dog-obsessed toy experts), TWO full bags of all-natural treats, and ONE drool-worthy chew. Each box is built around a fun surprise theme for all dog & dog parents to enjoy. If your pup doesn’t absolutely love something, BarkBox will make it right, no questions asked!

Pros

• Options for dogs with allergies
  • High-quality ingredients
  • Customized to your dog’s size

Cons

• Subscriptions renew automatically

Bottom Line

BarkBox provides a fun monthly subscription box with treats and toys for your dog. While you can’t cancel a subscription early, there is a month-to-month option available.

BarkBox Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BarkBox?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BarkBox?

Resolution response: Jan. 16, 2021

I contacted customer service and they responded within a couple of days and took care of my problem which I really appreciate. I wasn’t expecting that at all. As long as they work with their customers in this way, I think they have a great thing going. Many dogs seem to enjoy the treats and toys, in fact I saw a couple of boxes a friend of mine got so I tried it, but my pit bulls are just really finicky. Thank you for your help and support BarkBox!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

If you sign up for this please understand that you CANNOT CANCEL your monthly charges or shipments, even if you are unhappy. They do not care. My dogs liked 1 little item out of the whole box. I thought, like every other company that exists, that I could receive a shipment and at least try it for 7 days to find out if the product was good. Definitely not that way with this company. I would have been happy to even pay the following month while I wait for them to stop the charges but they said no, they have to continue charging me for the whole year.

I tried to get my son's dog to eat the smelly treats but she wouldn't either. NOT WORTH THE MONEY. I am going to my bank this weekend to cancel my debit card since I have no other choice. Would have been VERY HAPPY to pay the $25 per month if my dogs liked it - that was why I tried it (or thought I was "trying" it). This is very bad business practice.

BarkBox response

Hi Avary! Thank you so much for taking time to share this feedback. We are so sorry to hear your pups did not enjoy the items in their first box. This definitely is not the fun experience we had hoped for your pack. We also want to sincerely apologize for any miscommunication on our end of things. We do offer our Scout's Honor guarantee which promises to replace any items in your box that your pups can't have or don't love. We also never want to make our customers feel locked into a subscription that is not a perfect fit for their pack. We would love the opportunity to make this right for you! Please keep an eye out for a direct message from our team so we can help further!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

Domino absolutely loves her Bark boxes! It has been so hard to find toys that she both likes and can’t destroy in 5 seconds. We are so glad that we heard about y’all! So far her favorite has been the wrench, she carries it everywhere, even to the vets office!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Please do not waste your money on product. Poor customer service. Messaged to cancel several times and still continue to take money. For small dog send toys that bigger than dog. Dog won't eat the nasty treats.

BarkBox response

Hi Bert! Thank you so much for taking time to share this feedback. We are so sorry to hear about this experience. We completely understand your frustration with the items not being the perfect fit for your special pup and we would like nothing more than to make this right for you and your pack. Please keep an eye out for a direct message from our team and we will be sure to resolve this right away!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I tried out a 6-month subscription with this company and have yet to receive my first box. It's been over two months since signing up and they sent me an email wondering why they couldn't charge me for the 2nd month's subscription payment. I canceled my card so that they couldn't. They still have not sent out the first box and have been promising to do so countless numbers of times. I believe, whole heartedly that they do not have the consumer in their best interest. Subscribers be aware!

BarkBox response

Hi Susan! Thank you so much for taking time to share this feedback. We are so sorry to hear that you and your pup are still waiting on that first box. We also want to apologize for any frustration caused by messages regarding your payment. This definitely is not the type of experience we had intended for you and your pack and we would like nothing more than to make this right for you. Please be on the lookout for a direct message from our team so we can assist further!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! There is no human to speak with at their customer service #. I have been fraudulently charged by this company and so has my daughter. We never ordered from this company yet they have fraudulently opened subscriptions for both my daughter and then me 6 months later. This is a total scam!! Beware!

BarkBox response

Hi Jill. Thank you so much for taking time to share this information. We are so sorry to hear that you and your daughter are experiencing this. We definitely understand your frustration and concern. We want nothing more than to sort this out for the both of you as soon as possible. Our team will be sending you a direct email to help you further.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Frankie is a 2 year old rescue that was considered aggressive toward other animals. He is highly anxious around them and just needed love and patience. His favorite day is BARKBOX DAY. I don’t think he ever had toys or treats before us and he loves every toy unconditionally. This company is imaginative & thoughtful about toys and treat. My “Scooby Don’t” Approves!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I have been very satisfied with the items Gracie receives every month. The shipping is something to be desired, but considering the COVID-19 circumstances, I won't let it affect my rating as a happy customer. I feel the price is quite reasonable for the items included. I do wish I could get toys that do not have squeakers though. The squeakers drive my family crazy.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

My dogs get so excited when their Barkbox arrives! In fact they now are overly excited when any box arrives! They LOVE getting "their mail". Thanks for making their life more exciting. The quality of toys is outstanding. Kudos to Barkbox!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

The ease of use and being able to add on to boxes each month is awesome. The pups and our kids LOVE seeing what the theme will be each month. BarkBox has bought a lot of smiles and wagging tails to our home.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

This box was not Oliver’s favorite. He did not like the toys. Treats were good and he shared with his sister. Would like toys that would work for a bigger dog. However even the Chihuahua did not like the toys.

Hi Suzanne!

Thanks for your feedback here! We're really sorry to hear about Oliver's experience with those toys this month! That's certainly not the type experience that we intend on bringing you both and we'd love to help out here! A member of our team will be reaching out privately to help!

BarkBox Company Information