4.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Super Chewer, a division of BarkBox, is a monthly subscription box with super durable toys, treats and meaty chews for your dog! Every box is designed with toys made of strong rubber and nylon, and tested to stand up to the toughest chewers. With a new theme every month, Super Chewer includes chews and treats, with options for pups with allergies. Select from our 12 month, 6 month or 1 month subscriptions. Visit us today to learn more about our service and products!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

98 Super Chewer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 24, 2019

Almost always a happy pup! Although there have been a few issues within the last 6 months, the year before that, everything was perfect! We moved 6 months ago and the box wasn’t shipped out to us by their mistake. I contacted the company and they sent one right away with an apology. There have also been a few instances that my dog wouldn’t get close to the treats either because he didn’t like the smell or they were rock hard. When I contacted the company they either sent them (the first time) or they said they were sending them but didn’t until I contacted them again. Either way, they always end up sending them even if they have to be reminded.

Jax has always loved the toys and the chews. First year was the plush (regular box) and now we order the Super Chewer box. We also were informed that we can specialize the box so that it’s always one of his favored items. So now Jax doesn’t receive anything peanut butter or fruit scented. He’s a meat and potatoes dog (minus the potatoes). It is so worth the money to see my dog walk past the mailbox and then turn back around and sniff out which box it’s in. Seriously the highlight of the month. We are lifers for sure!

Hi Jerra,

We're so happy we get the chance to spoil your sweet Jax each month. We're so sorry for any issues you have had. but thank you for always reminding us. We always want to ensure you and your pup are taken care of. If there's ever anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Take care and have a great day!

Get expert buying tips about Dog Treats delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We rescued our 50lb pittie, Hershey from a city shelter. She’s in the prime of her life, maybe 3-4 years. She can go through a toy in seconds, minutes if it’s a little tougher than normal. But with Super Chewer, she gets spoiled monthly! She always loves everything in her package, and for the price I feel it is definitely a bargain on my wallet. She gets 2 decent sized bags of awesomely flavored treats, including flavors like pork, lamb, all kinds of vegetables and she gobbles them up pretty quick. The ingredients are superb! No fillers or fake junk in these!

She gets 2 treat Sticks that she can chew on and they are also always healthy and good for her digestion. She gets 2 awesome toys and I paid a few extra dollars a month to have an additional 3rd toy included. Anytime she demolishes a toy, I can simply message Super Chewer on Facebook and they always respond within minutes!! They always reassure me and send a new toy to replace the one she destroyed and if she destroyed 2 toys, then they send 2 replacement toys. The rep is never rude or impatient. They have some awesome customer service people, and I love the service so far. The replacement toy they sent the first time is so tough that my Hershey can’t destroy it yet. It’s lasted 3 weeks so far and counting. Definitely recommend them to anyone with a Super Chewing pooch.

Hi Brittney!

We're so happy to hear that the Super Chewer BarkBox has been such a good fit for Hershey! She is absolutely precious! We want to let you know that we can send replacements for destroyed toys as well, if needed! But it is so convenient to get new toys each month for a crazy chewer like her. :)

If there's ever anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Sarge and I love each super chewer box he receives! When we open the box Sarge waits (im)patiently for the tasty treat, usually a duck jerky or salmon stick, while I go through the rest of the box and chuckle at the monthly theme. I really laugh at the clever marketing; it’s obvious it’s done by someone who adores dogs. We like the toys that haves ropes because they fly further - so I’ll pick that one to throw 5,000 times before he inevitably will go back to his Bark Corn Husk, his favorite Bark toy for me to throw.

Throughout the month we will give him another toy from his bark box to play with and of course eat those treats. Sarge is a 108 lb German Shepherd Dog and so far the Super Chewer toys are the only brand that he can’t destroy. (I wish I would’ve ordered this when he was a puppy!!). I absolutely loved the Christmas card/letter from “my dog” and had it hanging up with all the other Christmas cards all season long. Friends & family loved it as well when they saw it. We are anxiously awaiting 3 themed boxes: Patriotic, Wisconsin & Summer! Sarge’s daddy is in the military and we are very patriotic. We vacation in the summer at a lake house in Wisconsin; we need a toy that will make Sarge stop using all the kid’s floaties as chew toys ???? Thank you again Bark Box; you have one happy Super Chewer!

Hi Lisa,

Aww! It sounds like you and Sarge have so much fun every BarkBox day! We're so happy it has been such a big hit. You're right, we are all crazy dog people just like you! We always want to ensure and you Sarge are happy each and every month. :)

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Overall I have had a very good experience with bark! In December I placed an order outside of my usual monthly Super Chewer subscription. The wrong item was sent but when I contacted customer service they were quick to send out the correct item. When it arrived it was once again the incorrect item. I called again and the correct item was finally sent. Around the same time I had also paid to have my December box upgraded. When it arrived not only were there not extra items but it was also a regular box (not Super Chewer).

I contacted customer service and they sent out a new box. It was again not the upgraded box I had paid for and in addition it was a box with treats and toys that we had already received a previous month. I called customer service and they offered a credit. We love our subscription and know things happen so we are giving the benefit of the doubt and looking forward to our future Super Chewer boxes because we love the products and the customer service reps have always been amazing!

Hi there, Aynsley!

We are so sorry that you and Calamity have had a few frustrating experiences lately. This is absolutely not what we want for the two of you, but are so glad to hear that the Happy Team has been able to get you guys taken care of each time! We will always do whatever we can to make sure your sweet pup is taken care of.

The holidays definitely had us very busy and challenged our Fulfillment Team, however, we have worked very hard to make sure everything is A-Okay moving forward so you and Calamity have a much smoother experience!

Thank you so much for being so patient and allowing us the opportunity to spoil Calamity! If you should ever need anything at all in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Resolution response: March 20, 2019

BARK! was able to offer a mixed box option so my dog, Bandit, can enjoy both the classic and super chewer toys--thank you BARK! for a great resolution!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

My dog and I love it. He doesn't seem to play with the toys in the same way as the basic box. Obviously I don't want him tearing through a toy in 1 day, but it would be great if some of the aspects of the original box could be added to a heavier duty toy.

Hey, Kelsey!

We are so happy to hear that Bandit has been enjoying the boxes so far! We know you mentioned wanting a little "Classic" in your life in combination with the Super Chewer... We now have the option to tailor your boy's box to include 1 Classic toy and 1 Super Chewer toy! We will have someone reach out personally to see if this would be a good option for Bandit! If you should need anything in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Chewer?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 16, 2019

Don’t get me wrong. I absolutely love the theme boxes and get a kick out of them every time! My yellow lab, Percy always loves opening his boxes. But we have yet to have a toy to stand up to his super chew strength since we started in December. Every single time he has at least one toy destroyed within 30 minutes of opening the box, it’s very disappointing. We’ve gotten replacement toys and even those aren’t much better. At a lost, not looking so good on a renewal from us.

Hi there, Karleigh!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and let us know about Percy's Super Chewer experience! We are so sorry that those toys have not been holding up too well though. This is definitely not what we want for you and your big guy.

We would love to reach out personally to get a bit more insight into the type of play style Percy has and do our best to make this the best experience we can! Please keep an eye out for that!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I moved and forgot to update my address in time for shipping. I sent them an email apologizing for MY error and they sent me out a 2nd box in case the first box did not get forwarded. BarkBox has EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. My boxes arrive perfectly and my love Bentley, my Pit-bull, LOVES them. I will be subscribing for a long time!!!! PS I get Super Chewers in my box and my pit cannot chew through these so they last, yippee!!!!

Hi Mary,

We're thrilled to hear that Bentley is absolutely loving the goodies each month.. and even better that they are lasting. We love spoiling him! We have so many fun themes and surprises to come and we can't wait for you two to see!

If there's ever anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to reach out. :)

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have received BarkBox’s Super Chewer Box since December 2018. My dog has destroyed numerous toys. The first time they sent a replacement that was too small for my dog despite his weight being on the information page. They sent out another replacement which was fine. He destroyed two toys in the March spy box the same day we opened the box. It wasn’t worth the hassle of contacting them. They’ve asked about preferences but don’t follow them. In December we will likely cancel our subscription as I’m still buying him toys monthly.

Hi Precious!

We're so sorry to hear that the March toys weren't a huge hit. We never want you to feel like it is a hassle to contact us, we are always happy to help. We are unable to add preferences to the super chewer toys in the box at this time (coming soon!), but we do keep these in mind for the replacements. I have gone ahead and sent two new toys out for Phoenix to replace the March toys. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. We want to ensure you and your pup are always happy!

Original review: March 21, 2019

Okay, I made a mistake not reading everything through when I subscribed, including that there was no trial period. I subscribed for a box a month for 6 months. First box cost $8 and the other 5 cost $35 each. I thought I could cancel at any time but I can't. But my big problem is that every toy they sent me so far is way too big for my little 14 pound terrier. He can't even get them into his mouth to chew and is not even interested in them. He is an avid chewer, a super chewer if you will. I have to buy small and x-small toys for him for Petco and online stores.

I'm pretty sure I was asked the size of my dog when I subscribed. If not, I should have been asked. I'm wasting money but will donate all toys to a nonprofit dog organization because I can't get out of my subscription. After a long conversation with a representative of the company, they said they would let me out of my commitment 2 months early and...they will try to send me smaller toys in the last two boxes.

They went out of their way trying to make me happy by offering different things like more treats instead of toys. So I appreciate that even though I still have 4 bags of unused treats. I just hope they can send smaller toys. So if you have a small dog like under 20 pounds, I would not recommend signing up for this box of goodies for your dog. I don't know why they don't have smaller toys. :(

Oh yes, I almost forgot that after the first box, I got a questionnaire asking how I liked it so far. I wrote back that the toys were too big. However in my next box, the toys were bigger. I'd like to send a picture of the toys next to my dog but not sure how to do it on this review. I would recommend this service if you have a big dog who likes to chew on things. :)

Hi there, Susan!

We are so very sorry that the Super Chewer experience has not been so great for you and Ollie. The size of our toys is definitely something we are working to improve. We try our very best to accommodate for all types of pups in the 0-20 pound range, however, as you can imagine that can be very difficult with the number of breeds and play styles! What works for a small terrier may not work for a mini-aussie. Because of this, we are working incredibly hard to improve the experience of the different sizes of pups! We truly appreciate your feedback.

For now, we have a couple of smaller toys on the way for Ollie that will hopefully work much better! We truly hope he enjoys them! We are definitely sorry to see you guys leave but definitely, understand. We would recommend checking out our BarkShop (wwww.barkshop.com), where you can pick out individual items that you think will work for your little guy! :D

If you should need absolutely anything else in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out! Once a pack member, always a pack member!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I love BarkBox. My dog loves BarkBox. Everyone I know loves BarkBox. The toys are extremely durable. My dog can't chew through them and I love that. If, by some miracle, my dog does break a toy, BarkBox will replace them. BarkBox does an excellent job of keeping me up to date of what is going on, when the box will be delivered, what will be in it, and if anything has been recalled. The treats that are included are fantastic. My dog absolutely loves them. I love that they don't upset her stomach. I don't trust other treats because they always upset her stomach. BarkBox is a must have for me. I could spend all my money on toys that would break and treats that would upset her but instead I spend my hard earned money on a product and company that I trust.

Hi Alyssa,

We're so happy to hear that the Super Chewer box has been such a big hit for Maggie! We absolutely love spoiling her each month, and we're so thankful to have you in our pack! Does she have any favorite toys?! We would love to see any #barkboxday pictures you have to share!

As you know,we are always happy to help in any way. Take care and have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Super Chewer are great. Dogs love the toys and treats especially tug and squeak. The treat ball challenge they love but lasted only 5 minutes. When the top screwed off they chewed the 3 plastic screws bottoms trying to get out the treat. Great idea but need more thought.

Hi Pat,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We take every bit of feedback into consideration for future toys. I hope the other toys they have received have been a big hit! We love spoiling qball!

We've gone ahead and sent a replacement out for the treat ball. We are always happy to help in any way to ensure your pups are happy. Please let us know if there's ever anything else we can do!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

We have been very pleased with the level of service received. My dog loves to get his box each month. We have had an item that did not hold up to his chewing & it was replaced with another that was more fitting for him.

Hi Susan,

We're so happy to hear that the Super Chewer BarkBox has been such a big hit for Mason! We are always happy to help in any way to ensure you and your pup are happy. Does Mason have any favorites so far? We love spoiling him!

Have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have two BarkBox subscriptions, one for my dogs and one for my daughter's dog delivered to her house. We are generally pleased with all we receive. When we are not, we say so and they have been responsive. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you so much for the kind words. we love spoiling your pup, and we're so happy it has been such a big hit! Does your pup have a favorite toy yet? We love spoiling them!

If there's ever anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to reach out!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

The Super Chewer BarkBox is perfect for my very active, 2 year old, Golden Doodle. We originally signed up for BarkBox and found that Woody would destroy the toys in seconds flat. Once we switched to the Super Chewer, he was able to get hours upon hours of fun out of the toys, especially the ones that have hidden surprises such as the mouse click toy which has a ball hidden inside. It literally took him months to uncover it! Thank you for offering such quality products.

Hi Kathy,

We're so happy to hear the Super Chewer box has been such a good fit for Woody! We love spoiling him each month. We would love to see any #barkboxday pictures you would like to share with us on social media!

If there's ever anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I subscribed for our German Shepherd, Oakley. He was just a pup at the time, and the natural rubber toys are his favorite! Now he is a year old and still loves to chew and plays with them every day!! I'm so happy we tried this out. We may sign up again in the future! The value of the items that come in the box are well worth it.

Hi Danielle!

We're so happy to hear that the Super Chewer BarkBox has been such a big hit for Oakley! We love spoiling him, and making sure he has toys and treats he loves. Does Oakley have any favorites?!

If there's ever anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to reach out. Take care!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

BarkBox day is our dog, Tucker's, favorite day of the month! He knows what his box looks like, and absolutely loses his mind when he sees it on the porch. We love the creativity of the toys, and when the treats and the toys can interplay with one another.

Hi Samantha,

We're so happy to hear Tucker loses his mind over his goodies each month! We absolutely love spoiling him! Does he have any favorites?! We would love to see any #barkboxday pictures you would like to share with us on social media!

Don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do to help!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My dog Buddy LOVES getting his Super Chewer BarkBox each month. Most of the toys do pretty well. He loves rope toys, but they don't seem to last too long (that's okay though). The BEST toy still we've gotten was the 3 piece totem pole that I can hide treats in for him... Still not destroyed! The more dense solid toys are tough but he loses interest in them.

Hi John,

We're so happy to hear the Super Chewer BarkBox has been such a hit for Buddy. That is awesome that the totem pole has lasted so long! We do want to let you know that we are happy to send replacements if needed, we're always want to ensure you and your pup are happy!

Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Our experience with Bark Box has been absolutely fabulous. The Super Chewer option has been very successful with our pup. Anytime she goes through a toy within a few minutes to a few hours, Bark Box will replace it with no questions asked.

Hi Carissa!

We're so happy to hear Dutchess has been loving the goodies each month. We are always happy to help ensure you and your pup are happy. Does Dutchess have any favorite goodies so far? We love spoiling her!

Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do to help!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Jett and I love the plush toys that he can chew apart and then there is a hidden toy inside. The pink bird/flamingo looking thing from the December box was his favorite and it lasted almost a month and a half.

Hi Rhonda!

We're so happy to hear the goodies have been a big hit for Jett! The toys with surprises inside are so much fun, we're so happy Jett is loving them! We would love to see any #barkboxday pictures you would like to share with us on social media!

If there's ever anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to reach out. Take care and have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My girls are always so happy to receive their Super Chewers. Their last box contained treats and toys that they love. The only you that did not work out and was destroyed easily was the treat keeper thing. It was easily open and chewed up. Otherwise everything was a big hit. Thank you.

Hi Heidie,

We're so happy to hear the Super Chewer goodies have been a huge hit for your pack. We do want to let you know that we can happy to send replacements for any toys that aren't a big hit, or are destroyed quickly. Just reach out and let us know. :)

We love spoiling your pups each month, please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do to help!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

The people at BarkBox are amazing. My dog has been a client for over 3 years. He has the destroyer box and loves it. Every time he destroys one of the toys, the customer service rep. goes above and beyond to satisfy the pup. They are great and I would highly recommend them.

Hi Patti,

Thank you for being such a loyal member of our pack! We love spoiling your pup. Does your pup have any favorite goodies? :) We are always happy to help in any way, don't ever hesitate to reach out!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We are very happy with the products we receive and if we do have a problem with one they are very quick to get a new replacement to you. Which is not very often. Our dog gets so excited whenever we get any box, he thinks they are all for him.

Hi Lisa,

We are thrilled to hear that Mooney has been loving the Super Chewer goodies each month! We are always happy to ensure you both are happy! Does Mooney have any favorites? We love spoiling him!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

The boxes have been pretty good, although Riley has received too many dense, heavy toys. He doesn't like those. In the last shipment, he enjoyed the Loch Ness Monster. The Catapult, not so much, although he does chew on it. His favorite toys are Benebones and he chews them down to a nub. He has also enjoyed the velveteen covered ball you sent in his first box (I think it was supposed to be the Statue of Liberty's head.) All of the treats have been welcomed. He's enjoyed the Treat Lock toy, although he gets it apart in about 30 seconds, no matter how tight I screw it together. The black side seems impervious to his teeth, but the blue side is quickly degrading. Probably Riley needs a selection halfway between Super Chewer and Regular Bark Box.

Hi Bette,

We're happy to hear most of the toys have been a big hit. We can do a box with 1 super chewer toy and 1 classic toy. We also have our more durable plush option that sends toys like the Lady of Liberty ball. If you think one of these plans would be a better fit for Riley, please reach out to us. We want to ensure you and Riley are happy each month!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

The toy that holds treats wasn’t a good fit for my destroyer. He quickly figured out how to pull it apart and then chewed the black rubber part to bits. I ended up with 2 replacement toys. One was the Grinch house, but he tore it up too and my other dog ended up eating it so that wasn’t a fit either. The blue stocking (completely solid) was perfect. He has to have toys without points or hollow spots, otherwise he can destroy them. We love our BarkBox though! Thank you!!

Hi Kensey,

Thanks for your feedback! We're sorry to hear that not every toy has been a perfect fit, but your feedback is so important to us to make changes for the future. As you know, we are always happy to send replacements!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I love the Super Chewer BarkBox. My grand puppy is a boxer pitbull. He cannot destroy them. He loves the treats. My little dog a Chihuahua rat terrier likes to stick her nose in his Super Chewer box and run off with the treats.

HI Dawni,

We're so happy to hear the toys have been a big hit for your pack, and that there's something for both pups to enjoy. Please don't ever hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do to help!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We love BarkBox. Great quality and quantity for the price! My dog tore up one of the toys in this shipment very quickly, within 5 minutes of having it. The Loch Ness monster was no match for my chewer. He starting eating off chunks of the blue water immediately.

HI Alissa,

I'm so sorry to hear the loch Ness monster wasn't a perfect fit for your pup. We would be happy to send a replacement out. We always want to ensure you and your pup are happy each month. We love spoiling your special pooch!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Initially when I started getting BarkBox it was awesome, the toys would last for a long time (my dog was a puppy at the time). However for the past few maybe 6-7 boxes, she destroys the toys the same day we get them, by the third or fourth day after getting the box they are not able to do anything. I really enjoy the products and I think there is a lot of detail in them, but eventually I might cancel my subscription because our dog just isn't able to keep them for any period of time.

Hi James,

Thank you so much for reaching out! We're sorry to hear that the recent toys haven't been the perfect fit for Belle. We are always happy to send replacements out, please email us. We want to ensure that Belle is happy, and has toys to enjoy each month!

We hope to talk to you soon, and get Belle some new goodies!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We were receiving chicken treats in our monthly box for a couple months and I reached out to the company via messenger to let them know a mistake was made. My concerns were answered within minutes they looked up my info seen that in fact there was and put the info in our file and sent new treats that our pup could enjoy. We received fast friendly service.

Hi Sadie,

We're so sorry about the mistake for a few months, but so happy it was fixed very quickly and easily. We love spoiling your pup each month! Do they have any favorites? We would love to see any #barkboxday pictures you would like to share with us on social media.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We have a monthly subscription with Super Chewer BarkBox. My dog LOVES the treats. There has been a few times that he has destroyed them too fast or eaten part of a toy, and bark box promptly offers a new one or replacement every time. They've had the best customer service with my account for a couple years so far. This month we had a toy replaced, and there were chewy sticks that were too small for my dog, and they sent a bigger one. No problems ever. Great company.

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for your kind words! We're so happy to hear that your pup has been loving the goodies each month, and that we are always able to make them happy! That's our #1 goal. :)

take care!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

This is a great way to spoil your pup. These toys last a long time. Loni plays with 4 different toys from 4 different super chewer boxes. Some toys do not last as long which is fine. Gives her a toy just to squeak and destroy. The treats and toys that you can fill with treats are the best. If it squeaks it's not going to last long. I have recommended Super Chewer and Bark Box to many of my dog moms.

Hey Tracy,

We're so happy to hear that the super Chewer BarkBoxes have been a big hit for your pup. We love spoiling them each month. Please don't ever hesitate to reach out it there's anything we can do to help!

Super Chewer Company Information