2. Pets
Accredited Partner

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5
Learn More

Meet Super Chewer: This monthly subscription box is made for dogs who play harder and demand a challenge. Each month, you and your dog receive an immersive adventure of 2 tough toys, 2 full-sized bags of treats, and 2 meaty chews. Super Chewer's in-house toy designers create interactive all-natural rubber and nylon toys with features like puzzles, treat-lock systems, 2-in-1 toys, fetch-flinging toys, and more! All chews and treats are made in the USA and allergy-friendly options are available for pups with dietary restrictions!

Super Chewer Gallery (5)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Super Chewer is an online subscription service that creates toys and treats specifically for dogs who love to chew.

PROS

• Includes 6 toys and treats each month
  • Products for dogs of all sizes
  • All-natural and made in the U.S.

CONS

• Subscription renews automatically

Top Super Chewer Reviews

Molly was chewing the toys in the beginning, the customer service team gets an amazing review from me moving her to a Super Chewer and fixing the problem! She got replacement toys, and now she gets only toys in her box monthly! Molly looks forward to the mailman to bring her bark box monthly??? They get 5 stars from us!!

In January of 2016 I adopted two Greater Swiss Mt. Dog x Black lab pups. As young pups they liked similar toys and nothing lasted long in the onslaught of teething puppies! Stumbled on BarkBox one day surfing FB offering a free extra toy with 6/12 mo subscriptions. That was almost two years ago and it has been one of the best subscription services I've ever encountered.

What is Super Chewer?

Super Chewer is an online treat and toy subscription service designed for dogs who love to chew. The service creates products for dogs of all sizes and comes with plenty of options. Super Chewer prides itself on creating durable products that can withstand pups that are tough on toys.

If you’re ready to get started with Super Chewer, head to the company’s website and submit information on your dog, including their size, weight, breed and any allergies they might have.

Once Super Chewer has this information, the company creates a customized box of toys and treats for your dog. Super Chewer has three different boxes made for dogs of varying sizes, and you can choose the best one based on your dog’s weight and jowl-size:

• Small: For dogs less than 20 pounds
  • Medium: For dogs between 20 and 49 pounds
  • Large: For dogs more than 50 pounds

What comes in a Super Chewer box?

Super Chewer box

The Super Chewer team designs and creates each Super Chewer dog toy with durable, all-natural materials. All edible treats are corn-, soy- and wheat-free, which makes them a great option for dogs with food allergies. Each Super Chewer box includes six full-size products:

• Two tough, non-fluffy toys
  • Two hearty chews
  • Two bags of treats

Every Super Chewer toy has an entertainment purpose, so you never have to worry about getting an ordinary rubber toy in your subscription box. Some popular products include treat-dispensing toys, floating toys and fetchable toys.

Super Chewer dog boxes are also highly customizable. While you can’t pick the exact toys and treats you want, you can specify your dog’s ingredient preferences or allergies and request more toys and fewer treats or vice versa.

How much does Super Chewer cost?

Subscriptions range from $29 to $39 a month. The Super Chewer price varies based on the length of your subscription. The company offers month-to-month, six-month and 12-month subscriptions — a month-to-month subscription is the most expensive option, while a 12-month subscription gives you the best value. Shipping is free in the 48 contiguous states and $8 for Alaska, Hawaii and Canada. Delivery takes two to eight days.

Monthly prices for subscriptions are:

• 12-month subscription: $29/month
  • 6-month subscription: $34/month
  • Month-to-month subscription: $39/month

Super Chewer also allows you to gift a subscription to a special dog in your life — unlike subscriptions, which you pay for each month, the company charges a one-time cost for gifts. Prices for gifted subscriptions are:

• 12-month gift: $329
  • 6-month gift: $179
  • 3-month gift: $99
  • 1-month gift: $45

All of Super Chewer’s products come with a Scout’s Honor Guarantee, so if your dog isn’t satisfied with a toy or destroys it, you can get a new one for free, no questions asked.

Is Super Chewer worth it?

super chewer toy

Super Chewer toys are durable and made to last. The plan comes with multiple subscription options and can be customized to fit your dog’s needs, whether that be additional treats or more toys each month. If your furry friend tears up everything in their path, Super Chewer could have the toys you need to keep them entertained. The company is dedicated to customer service, and their "Happy team" is located in the U.S. and available to help customers with questions, issues and even toy replacement.

Super Chewer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

My dog Sadie is a 1 year old pitbull and can destroy toys in seconds. Gratefully BarkBox has sent us replacement toys quickly and found toys that best fit her chewing needs! She also loves all of the treats and chews inside!

Hi Lauren,

We are thrilled that Sadie has been loving her Super Chewer goodies. We absolutely love spoiling her! Does she have any favorites yet?

We are so thankful to have you and Sadie in our pack. As always, don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do to help ensure Sadie's box is perfect each month.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Treats delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Just got our first box today and Kya was wagging her butt in complete excitement! She has been chewing on her treats and sweets gumdrop for the last 30 minutes non stop! I am hopeful that we finally have found some toys that will stand up to her chewing!

Super Chewer response

Hi Lori! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! Kya is absolutely beautiful and we are so happy to hear how excited she was to receive that first box! We hope all future boxes are a hit with her as well! If you ever find that a toy doesn't stand up to her chewing and is destroyed too quickly, please don't hesitate to let us know! We'd be happy to replace any item that doesn't work out through our Scout's Honor guarantee! Pass some extra belly rubs along to Kya from all of us here at BARK and let us know if we can do anything for you and your pack!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I moved and forgot to update my address in time for shipping. I sent them an email apologizing for MY error and they sent me out a 2nd box in case the first box did not get forwarded. BarkBox has EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. My boxes arrive perfectly and my love Bentley, my Pit-bull, LOVES them. I will be subscribing for a long time!!!! PS I get Super Chewers in my box and my pit cannot chew through these so they last, yippee!!!!

Hi Mary,

We're thrilled to hear that Bentley is absolutely loving the goodies each month.. and even better that they are lasting. We love spoiling him! We have so many fun themes and surprises to come and we can't wait for you two to see!

If there's ever anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to reach out. :)

Original review: April 24, 2019

Almost always a happy pup! Although there have been a few issues within the last 6 months, the year before that, everything was perfect! We moved 6 months ago and the box wasn’t shipped out to us by their mistake. I contacted the company and they sent one right away with an apology. There have also been a few instances that my dog wouldn’t get close to the treats either because he didn’t like the smell or they were rock hard. When I contacted the company they either sent them (the first time) or they said they were sending them but didn’t until I contacted them again. Either way, they always end up sending them even if they have to be reminded.

Jax has always loved the toys and the chews. First year was the plush (regular box) and now we order the Super Chewer box. We also were informed that we can specialize the box so that it’s always one of his favored items. So now Jax doesn’t receive anything peanut butter or fruit scented. He’s a meat and potatoes dog (minus the potatoes). It is so worth the money to see my dog walk past the mailbox and then turn back around and sniff out which box it’s in. Seriously the highlight of the month. We are lifers for sure!

Hi Jerra,

We're so happy we get the chance to spoil your sweet Jax each month. We're so sorry for any issues you have had. but thank you for always reminding us. We always want to ensure you and your pup are taken care of. If there's ever anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Take care and have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

I’ve only received one box so far. Well it was actually a two for one deal they had going at the time. In less than 10 minutes my dog destroyed two of the toys they sent leaving me with a ton of crumbled pieces on the floor to clean up. The other two toys he’s not interested in. They have no one to actually talk to. You have to message them through Facebook. They are supposed to be sending me a replacement for one of the toys and when I asked about their cancellation policy if the replacement doesn’t work I was told there is none. So now I’m stuck paying $34.99 for the next 6 months for treats. What happened to 100% guarantee?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Chewer?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I started a subscription to BarkBox for our AmStaff because the only toys we could find that held up were Kong and they have a limited selection. Super Chewer had a 100% guarantee to replace the toys if they were destroyed. After our pup destroyed the first four toys they sent I contacted them and they replaced one. Out of eight toys and a replacement only two toys weren't destroyed within minutes. I sent them pictures of at least four destroyed toys. They offered to send two more. I couldn't see the point. The products were not safe for our pup. I asked to cancel the subscription and they refused to do so. They also refused to uphold the guarantee from the website by not replacing all of the broken toys.

The customer service reps I worked with were obviously not working in my best interest and failed completely in resolving my issue. I'm sure this a great product for some dogs but it certainly wasn't great for us. The biggest warning I can give you is that if you're not 100% satisfied you won't get anything but canned responses and failure to comply with their own publicly listed policies and guarantees. I am very sad we selected this company over Bullymake. Pictures are available on Google reviews and Yelp if you're interested.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

WARNING!!!! My dog nearly died this weekend from the Glacier Ball toy that I received in my Super Chewer December BarkBox. While playing with this toy, my German Shepherd bit onto this ball and the inside ball shot into his throat and became lodged and blocked his airway. He required immediate emergency surgery to have this removed costing us nearly $1500 (not including my lost wages due to having to bring him to have this done). I have reached out to BarkBox three times since this incident on Saturday and tried to post this on their FB page with no success!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

My mastiff mix is a super chewer so I thought this would be great but I regret ever subscribing. The toys are super lame (a ring, a rubber sphere, a rubber cube) and they lasted 5 minutes tops. The customer service was quick and efficient and sent new toys right away- but they sent the same type of toys that I specifically asked them not to. Now we’re are on our 6th toy that has been destroyed within minutes. Also you’re locked into this year contract that you can’t get out of. So it looks like I’m going to spend a full year cleaning up scraps of rubber toys each month.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I signed up for a one month trial from an Ibotta deal in June. My first box was decent but it has gone downhill since then. The products are nowhere close to what is promised, as far as quality goes. I have now become stuck in a year long commitment that I never wanted. I have tried cancelling and customer service has stated they do not have any record of my order being from an Ibotta deal, so no go. I was told there is no early cancellation despite my unfavorable view of the service and products.

The treats are definitely NOT for super chewers. They are tiny treats in bags or stick treats that last seconds. My dogs need something more substantial to meet their chewing needs. I have 2 American Staffordshire Terriers and one has no interest in most toys and the other destroys them, often within minutes of receiving them. I have reached out and received replacements but they are still not suitable for my dogs. I had to request replacements for both toys from my most recent box.

Customer Service is difficult to get in contact with and often I receive form type responses. The chat feature is a joke and there is not a phone number where we can directly reach a person for help. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I will be passing on my view of Super Chewer and Bark Box to my friends and family so they do not get stuck in an unwanted subscription with low quality products and customer service.

Super Chewer response

Hey Kate! Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback. We are so sorry to hear about this experience and the troubles you've had. We definitely understand your frustrations with the Ibotta deal vs. the plan on your account and the hard time you've had connecting with our team. We also completely understand your concern with the toys and treats not being the best fit for your special pups. This is not the type of experience we wish any of our customers to have and we want nothing more than to make this right for you and your pack. Please be on the lookout for a direct message from out team!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I have ordered the Barkbox at first and noticed that the chew toys they sent did not last more than a half hour before my dogs chew right through them so I figured that I work pay a little bit more and get them the Super Chewer box which is just as bad as the regular box and I emailed them and let them know and even provide pictures to them showing the toys that were destroyed and they then contacted me and asked me what my dogs liked and I explain to them that the rubber toys they have where not good for my dogs but every month they still sent rubber toys and my dogs destroyed every single one of them.

When they sent the replacement nylon toys they were fine but they as well last but so long and have to be thrown away and if they send to toys and they when they both get destroyed they will only send you one for replacement not the two which they should have. I have to email them every month to ask them not to send rubber toys and they still do and to make matters worse this month's box is still not here and neither is the replacement from last month's chew toy. Not Happy.

Super Chewer response

Hi Jorge! Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback! We are so sorry to hear that the Super Chewer toys are not working out well for your special pups. We definitely understand how frustrating this must be! We also apologize that this month's box is arriving later than usual and you're pups are still waiting on replacement items! This certainly is not the experience we want any of our customers to have. We want to make this up to you and your pack as soon as possible! We will be sending a direct email to get this all cleared up and hopefully make it right!

Super Chewer Company Information