4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Super Chewer, a division of BarkBox, is a monthly subscription box with super durable toys, treats and meaty chews for your dog! Every box is designed with toys made of strong rubber and nylon, and tested to stand up to the toughest chewers. With a new theme every month, Super Chewer includes chews and treats, with options for pups with allergies. Select from our 12 month, 6 month or 1 month subscriptions. Visit us today to learn more about our service and products!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

92 Super Chewer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I love BarkBox. My dog loves BarkBox. Everyone I know loves BarkBox. The toys are extremely durable. My dog can't chew through them and I love that. If, by some miracle, my dog does break a toy, BarkBox will replace them. BarkBox does an excellent job of keeping me up to date of what is going on, when the box will be delivered, what will be in it, and if anything has been recalled. The treats that are included are fantastic. My dog absolutely loves them. I love that they don't upset her stomach. I don't trust other treats because they always upset her stomach. BarkBox is a must have for me. I could spend all my money on toys that would break and treats that would upset her but instead I spend my hard earned money on a product and company that I trust.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Treats delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Super Chewer are great. Dogs love the toys and treats especially tug and squeak. The treat ball challenge they love but lasted only 5 minutes. When the top screwed off they chewed the 3 plastic screws bottoms trying to get out the treat. Great idea but need more thought.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

We have been very pleased with the level of service received. My dog loves to get his box each month. We have had an item that did not hold up to his chewing & it was replaced with another that was more fitting for him.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have two BarkBox subscriptions, one for my dogs and one for my daughter's dog delivered to her house. We are generally pleased with all we receive. When we are not, we say so and they have been responsive. I would definitely recommend to a friend.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

The Super Chewer BarkBox is perfect for my very active, 2 year old, Golden Doodle. We originally signed up for BarkBox and found that Woody would destroy the toys in seconds flat. Once we switched to the Super Chewer, he was able to get hours upon hours of fun out of the toys, especially the ones that have hidden surprises such as the mouse click toy which has a ball hidden inside. It literally took him months to uncover it! Thank you for offering such quality products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Chewer?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I subscribed for our German Shepherd, Oakley. He was just a pup at the time, and the natural rubber toys are his favorite! Now he is a year old and still loves to chew and plays with them every day!! I'm so happy we tried this out. We may sign up again in the future! The value of the items that come in the box are well worth it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

BarkBox day is our dog, Tucker's, favorite day of the month! He knows what his box looks like, and absolutely loses his mind when he sees it on the porch. We love the creativity of the toys, and when the treats and the toys can interplay with one another.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My dog Buddy LOVES getting his Super Chewer BarkBox each month. Most of the toys do pretty well. He loves rope toys, but they don't seem to last too long (that's okay though). The BEST toy still we've gotten was the 3 piece totem pole that I can hide treats in for him... Still not destroyed! The more dense solid toys are tough but he loses interest in them.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Our experience with Bark Box has been absolutely fabulous. The Super Chewer option has been very successful with our pup. Anytime she goes through a toy within a few minutes to a few hours, Bark Box will replace it with no questions asked.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Jett and I love the plush toys that he can chew apart and then there is a hidden toy inside. The pink bird/flamingo looking thing from the December box was his favorite and it lasted almost a month and a half.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My girls are always so happy to receive their Super Chewers. Their last box contained treats and toys that they love. The only you that did not work out and was destroyed easily was the treat keeper thing. It was easily open and chewed up. Otherwise everything was a big hit. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

The people at BarkBox are amazing. My dog has been a client for over 3 years. He has the destroyer box and loves it. Every time he destroys one of the toys, the customer service rep. goes above and beyond to satisfy the pup. They are great and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We are very happy with the products we receive and if we do have a problem with one they are very quick to get a new replacement to you. Which is not very often. Our dog gets so excited whenever we get any box, he thinks they are all for him.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

The boxes have been pretty good, although Riley has received too many dense, heavy toys. He doesn't like those. In the last shipment, he enjoyed the Loch Ness Monster. The Catapult, not so much, although he does chew on it. His favorite toys are Benebones and he chews them down to a nub. He has also enjoyed the velveteen covered ball you sent in his first box (I think it was supposed to be the Statue of Liberty's head.) All of the treats have been welcomed. He's enjoyed the Treat Lock toy, although he gets it apart in about 30 seconds, no matter how tight I screw it together. The black side seems impervious to his teeth, but the blue side is quickly degrading. Probably Riley needs a selection halfway between Super Chewer and Regular Bark Box.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

The toy that holds treats wasn’t a good fit for my destroyer. He quickly figured out how to pull it apart and then chewed the black rubber part to bits. I ended up with 2 replacement toys. One was the Grinch house, but he tore it up too and my other dog ended up eating it so that wasn’t a fit either. The blue stocking (completely solid) was perfect. He has to have toys without points or hollow spots, otherwise he can destroy them. We love our BarkBox though! Thank you!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I love the Super Chewer BarkBox. My grand puppy is a boxer pitbull. He cannot destroy them. He loves the treats. My little dog a Chihuahua rat terrier likes to stick her nose in his Super Chewer box and run off with the treats.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We love BarkBox. Great quality and quantity for the price! My dog tore up one of the toys in this shipment very quickly, within 5 minutes of having it. The Loch Ness monster was no match for my chewer. He starting eating off chunks of the blue water immediately.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Sarge and I love each super chewer box he receives! When we open the box Sarge waits (im)patiently for the tasty treat, usually a duck jerky or salmon stick, while I go through the rest of the box and chuckle at the monthly theme. I really laugh at the clever marketing; it’s obvious it’s done by someone who adores dogs. We like the toys that haves ropes because they fly further - so I’ll pick that one to throw 5,000 times before he inevitably will go back to his Bark Corn Husk, his favorite Bark toy for me to throw.

Throughout the month we will give him another toy from his bark box to play with and of course eat those treats. Sarge is a 108 lb German Shepherd Dog and so far the Super Chewer toys are the only brand that he can’t destroy. (I wish I would’ve ordered this when he was a puppy!!). I absolutely loved the Christmas card/letter from “my dog” and had it hanging up with all the other Christmas cards all season long. Friends & family loved it as well when they saw it. We are anxiously awaiting 3 themed boxes: Patriotic, Wisconsin & Summer! Sarge’s daddy is in the military and we are very patriotic. We vacation in the summer at a lake house in Wisconsin; we need a toy that will make Sarge stop using all the kid’s floaties as chew toys ???? Thank you again Bark Box; you have one happy Super Chewer!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Initially when I started getting BarkBox it was awesome, the toys would last for a long time (my dog was a puppy at the time). However for the past few maybe 6-7 boxes, she destroys the toys the same day we get them, by the third or fourth day after getting the box they are not able to do anything. I really enjoy the products and I think there is a lot of detail in them, but eventually I might cancel my subscription because our dog just isn't able to keep them for any period of time.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We were receiving chicken treats in our monthly box for a couple months and I reached out to the company via messenger to let them know a mistake was made. My concerns were answered within minutes they looked up my info seen that in fact there was and put the info in our file and sent new treats that our pup could enjoy. We received fast friendly service.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We have a monthly subscription with Super Chewer BarkBox. My dog LOVES the treats. There has been a few times that he has destroyed them too fast or eaten part of a toy, and bark box promptly offers a new one or replacement every time. They've had the best customer service with my account for a couple years so far. This month we had a toy replaced, and there were chewy sticks that were too small for my dog, and they sent a bigger one. No problems ever. Great company.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

This is a great way to spoil your pup. These toys last a long time. Loni plays with 4 different toys from 4 different super chewer boxes. Some toys do not last as long which is fine. Gives her a toy just to squeak and destroy. The treats and toys that you can fill with treats are the best. If it squeaks it's not going to last long. I have recommended Super Chewer and Bark Box to many of my dog moms.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I subscribed to Bark Box several months ago and initially did not get the Super Chewer option. My dog destroyed the first toys, so I decided to upgrade to Super Chewer. These toys last MUCH longer for my dog and she still loves them just as much! She also gets extremely excited every time a new box comes. Well worth the investment!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I have been getting Barkbox Super Chewer for the last 2 years. The toys and treats are amazing. If I have ANY issues, Barkbox will replace an item or just fix my issues. My pup Herman enjoys getting the brown boxes once a month. Thank you for all you do!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Fabulous! Alfie is quite the chest and destroys most toys quickly. Most of his super chewer toys have stood up to his chewing. those that have nylon straps, usually have to have the straps cut off because he chews through them. Those that have pieces that stick out from the side such as "spooky Sue" and the "uncrackable kraken" had those pieces chewed off very quickly. When he gets toys with the cracking or those with straps, I have to watch them very closely to make sure he doesn't ingest something he shouldn't, but once the straps are cut off and the parts that stick out have been removed, the toys are just absolutely phenomenal for him.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Overall we have no complaints. Any small issue we have ever had was fixed quickly with a smile and many dog pictures. (Dogs make everything better.) Kai loves getting mail and the BarkBox is loved by both of my dogs as well as me. We all gain a great amount of joy from it. So thanks for your hard work! Keep it up.

We are very happy customers. All tails wagging on my happy BarkBox dogs.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Being a newer company to the subscription game, I believe BarkBox has decided to concentrate on their customer service which is hands down the best company out there that I do business with. I have been a subscriber for awhile and I have had some not so stellar toys. I've reached out to BarkBox via email or chat (which is way easier and someone is always available) and they've replaced these toys promptly. Even during the government shutdown, I had to suspend my subscription, and BarkBox didn't want my pups to go without, so they offered a free month of toys. That my friends is amazing customer service and a company with a heart.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Overall BarkBox is an exceptional company and they have always handled any difficulties quickly and accurately. I would rate their customer service as one of the best. I do like the Super Chewers although the ball that you put treats in did not last. It was too easy to separate. The Super Chewers last but just think the regular ones are so much cuter, but understand why.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

BarkBox has changed my dog Paisley’s life. I was spending over $100 a month on toys to keep up with her chewing habits. The toys wouldn’t always work out and I could only find a limited selection in stores or online. The cost would have eventually been too much for me to afford. With the Super Chewer BarkBox, she gets different toys every month and if she destroys some then I can request a replacement. Customer Service has been pleasant and prompt every time and the replacement toy they send usually holds up well. I also like that the BarkBox team has continued to communicate with me through emails to ensure that I am still happy with my experience. While the toys don’t always work out, the BarkBox team always tries their best and is always a joy to talk to.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

The boys really enjoyed their toys this month. The round treat ball puzzle, to which one adds a flat treat disk, did not hold up as well as I had hoped. But, really, the boys are super chewers and super smart, so it's not a big deal. What I liked most about the Jan box was that it contained more interactive toys...a huge plus for my smarty-pants boys. (I'm not just bragging about their intelligence... They are service dogs in training and are bred for intelligence.) Keep up the good work.

Super Chewer Company Information