3.65/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Meet Super Chewer: This monthly subscription box is made for dogs who play harder and demand a challenge. Each month, you and your dog receive an immersive adventure of 2 tough toys, 2 full-sized bags of treats, and 2 meaty chews. Super Chewer's in-house toy designers create interactive all-natural rubber and nylon toys with features like puzzles, treat-lock systems, 2-in-1 toys, fetch-flinging toys, and more! All chews and treats are made in the USA and allergy-friendly options are available for pups with dietary restrictions!

Super Chewer Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Super Chewer is an online subscription service that creates toys and treats specifically for dogs who love to chew.

PROS

• Includes 6 toys and treats each month
  • Products for dogs of all sizes
  • All-natural and made in the U.S.

CONS

• Subscription renews automatically

Top Super Chewer Reviews

Molly was chewing the toys in the beginning, the customer service team gets an amazing review from me moving her to a Super Chewer and fixing the problem! She got replacement toys, and now she gets only toys in her box monthly! Molly looks forward to the mailman to bring her bark box monthly??? They get 5 stars from us!!

In January of 2016 I adopted two Greater Swiss Mt. Dog x Black lab pups. As young pups they liked similar toys and nothing lasted long in the onslaught of teething puppies! Stumbled on BarkBox one day surfing FB offering a free extra toy with 6/12 mo subscriptions. That was almost two years ago and it has been one of the best subscription services I've ever encountered.

What is Super Chewer?

Super Chewer is an online treat and toy subscription service designed for dogs who love to chew. The service creates products for dogs of all sizes and comes with plenty of options. Super Chewer prides itself on creating durable products that can withstand pups that are tough on toys.

If you’re ready to get started with Super Chewer, head to the company’s website and submit information on your dog, including their size, weight, breed and any allergies they might have.

Once Super Chewer has this information, the company creates a customized box of toys and treats for your dog. Super Chewer has three different boxes made for dogs of varying sizes, and you can choose the best one based on your dog’s weight and jowl-size:

• Small: For dogs less than 20 pounds
  • Medium: For dogs between 20 and 49 pounds
  • Large: For dogs more than 50 pounds

What comes in a Super Chewer?

The Super Chewer team designs and creates each Super Chewer dog toy with durable, all-natural materials. All edible treats are corn-, soy- and wheat-free, which makes them a great option for dogs with food allergies. Each Super Chewer box includes six full-size products:

• Two tough, non-fluffy toys
  • Two hearty chews
  • Two bags of treats

Every Super Chewer toy has an entertainment purpose, so you never have to worry about getting an ordinary rubber toy in your subscription box. Some popular products include treat-dispensing toys, floating toys and fetchable toys.

Super Chewer dog boxes are also highly customizable. While you can’t pick the exact toys and treats you want, you can specify your dog’s ingredient preferences or allergies and request more toys and fewer treats or vice versa.

How much does Super Chewer cost?

Subscriptions range from $29 to $39 a month. The Super Chewer price varies based on the length of your subscription. The company offers month-to-month, six-month and 12-month subscriptions — a month-to-month subscription is the most expensive option, while a 12-month subscription gives you the best value. Shipping is free in the 48 contiguous states and $8 for Alaska, Hawaii and Canada. Delivery takes two to eight days.

Monthly prices for subscriptions are:

• 12-month subscription: $29/month
  • 6-month subscription: $34/month
  • Month-to-month subscription: $39/month

Super Chewer also allows you to gift a subscription to a special dog in your life — unlike subscriptions, which you pay for each month, the company charges a one-time cost for gifts. Prices for gifted subscriptions are:

• 12-month gift: $329
  • 6-month gift: $179
  • 3-month gift: $99
  • 1-month gift: $45

All of Super Chewer’s products come with a Scout’s Honor Guarantee, so if your dog isn’t satisfied with a toy or destroys it, you can get a new one for free, no questions asked.

Is Super Chewer worth it?

Super Chewer toys are durable and made to last. The plan comes with multiple subscription options and can be customized to fit your dog’s needs, whether that be additional treats or more toys each month. If your furry friend tears up everything in their path, Super Chewer could have the toys you need to keep them entertained. The company is dedicated to customer service, and their "Happy team" is located in the U.S. and available to help customers with questions, issues and even toy replacement.

Super Chewer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 24, 2019

Almost always a happy pup! Although there have been a few issues within the last 6 months, the year before that, everything was perfect! We moved 6 months ago and the box wasn’t shipped out to us by their mistake. I contacted the company and they sent one right away with an apology. There have also been a few instances that my dog wouldn’t get close to the treats either because he didn’t like the smell or they were rock hard. When I contacted the company they either sent them (the first time) or they said they were sending them but didn’t until I contacted them again. Either way, they always end up sending them even if they have to be reminded.

Jax has always loved the toys and the chews. First year was the plush (regular box) and now we order the Super Chewer box. We also were informed that we can specialize the box so that it’s always one of his favored items. So now Jax doesn’t receive anything peanut butter or fruit scented. He’s a meat and potatoes dog (minus the potatoes). It is so worth the money to see my dog walk past the mailbox and then turn back around and sniff out which box it’s in. Seriously the highlight of the month. We are lifers for sure!

Hi Jerra,

We're so happy we get the chance to spoil your sweet Jax each month. We're so sorry for any issues you have had. but thank you for always reminding us. We always want to ensure you and your pup are taken care of. If there's ever anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Take care and have a great day!

Get expert buying tips about Dog Treats delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We rescued our 50lb pittie, Hershey from a city shelter. She’s in the prime of her life, maybe 3-4 years. She can go through a toy in seconds, minutes if it’s a little tougher than normal. But with Super Chewer, she gets spoiled monthly! She always loves everything in her package, and for the price I feel it is definitely a bargain on my wallet. She gets 2 decent sized bags of awesomely flavored treats, including flavors like pork, lamb, all kinds of vegetables and she gobbles them up pretty quick. The ingredients are superb! No fillers or fake junk in these!

She gets 2 treat Sticks that she can chew on and they are also always healthy and good for her digestion. She gets 2 awesome toys and I paid a few extra dollars a month to have an additional 3rd toy included. Anytime she demolishes a toy, I can simply message Super Chewer on Facebook and they always respond within minutes!! They always reassure me and send a new toy to replace the one she destroyed and if she destroyed 2 toys, then they send 2 replacement toys. The rep is never rude or impatient. They have some awesome customer service people, and I love the service so far. The replacement toy they sent the first time is so tough that my Hershey can’t destroy it yet. It’s lasted 3 weeks so far and counting. Definitely recommend them to anyone with a Super Chewing pooch.

Hi Brittney!

We're so happy to hear that the Super Chewer BarkBox has been such a good fit for Hershey! She is absolutely precious! We want to let you know that we can send replacements for destroyed toys as well, if needed! But it is so convenient to get new toys each month for a crazy chewer like her. :)

If there's ever anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Sarge and I love each super chewer box he receives! When we open the box Sarge waits (im)patiently for the tasty treat, usually a duck jerky or salmon stick, while I go through the rest of the box and chuckle at the monthly theme. I really laugh at the clever marketing; it’s obvious it’s done by someone who adores dogs. We like the toys that haves ropes because they fly further - so I’ll pick that one to throw 5,000 times before he inevitably will go back to his Bark Corn Husk, his favorite Bark toy for me to throw.

Throughout the month we will give him another toy from his bark box to play with and of course eat those treats. Sarge is a 108 lb German Shepherd Dog and so far the Super Chewer toys are the only brand that he can’t destroy. (I wish I would’ve ordered this when he was a puppy!!). I absolutely loved the Christmas card/letter from “my dog” and had it hanging up with all the other Christmas cards all season long. Friends & family loved it as well when they saw it. We are anxiously awaiting 3 themed boxes: Patriotic, Wisconsin & Summer! Sarge’s daddy is in the military and we are very patriotic. We vacation in the summer at a lake house in Wisconsin; we need a toy that will make Sarge stop using all the kid’s floaties as chew toys ???? Thank you again Bark Box; you have one happy Super Chewer!

Hi Lisa,

Aww! It sounds like you and Sarge have so much fun every BarkBox day! We're so happy it has been such a big hit. You're right, we are all crazy dog people just like you! We always want to ensure and you Sarge are happy each and every month. :)

Resolution response: March 20, 2019

BARK! was able to offer a mixed box option so my dog, Bandit, can enjoy both the classic and super chewer toys--thank you BARK! for a great resolution!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

My dog and I love it. He doesn't seem to play with the toys in the same way as the basic box. Obviously I don't want him tearing through a toy in 1 day, but it would be great if some of the aspects of the original box could be added to a heavier duty toy.

Hey, Kelsey!

We are so happy to hear that Bandit has been enjoying the boxes so far! We know you mentioned wanting a little "Classic" in your life in combination with the Super Chewer... We now have the option to tailor your boy's box to include 1 Classic toy and 1 Super Chewer toy! We will have someone reach out personally to see if this would be a good option for Bandit! If you should need anything in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I ordered my 35 lb 6 month old puppy a “super chewer” BarkBox for dogs 20-50 lbs. When the box came, the toys were gigantic - far too large for my dog. I called and customer service was extremely nice and immediately agreed to replace the toys and adjusted the type of box we’d be receiving in the future. Several weeks later I received an email requesting that I review customer service based on our experience with this problem. However no replacement toys had arrived. I called customer service again and they are sending the toys and also gave me a free subscription month for the hassle. The customer service rep was extremely apologetic, kind, and professional. I would recommend BarkBox subscriptions based on the quality of the items as well as their outstanding customer service. Yes, they made a couple of mistakes but they were readily willing to fix them as well as compensate me for the time spent fixing them.

Super Chewer response

Hi there, Kimberly! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We are sorry to hear that there were a few hiccups in the beginning of you and Oddie's BarkBox experience, but we are absolutely thrilled to hear that our Happy Ambassadors were able to get the two of you taken care of! We hope that Oddie is enjoying his toys and treats! Please let us know if you ever need anything else at all!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Chewer?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I signed up for a one month trial from an Ibotta deal in June. My first box was decent but it has gone downhill since then. The products are nowhere close to what is promised, as far as quality goes. I have now become stuck in a year long commitment that I never wanted. I have tried cancelling and customer service has stated they do not have any record of my order being from an Ibotta deal, so no go. I was told there is no early cancellation despite my unfavorable view of the service and products.

The treats are definitely NOT for super chewers. They are tiny treats in bags or stick treats that last seconds. My dogs need something more substantial to meet their chewing needs. I have 2 American Staffordshire Terriers and one has no interest in most toys and the other destroys them, often within minutes of receiving them. I have reached out and received replacements but they are still not suitable for my dogs. I had to request replacements for both toys from my most recent box.

Customer Service is difficult to get in contact with and often I receive form type responses. The chat feature is a joke and there is not a phone number where we can directly reach a person for help. I would not recommend this company to anyone. I will be passing on my view of Super Chewer and Bark Box to my friends and family so they do not get stuck in an unwanted subscription with low quality products and customer service.

Super Chewer response

Hey Kate! Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback. We are so sorry to hear about this experience and the troubles you've had. We definitely understand your frustrations with the Ibotta deal vs. the plan on your account and the hard time you've had connecting with our team. We also completely understand your concern with the toys and treats not being the best fit for your special pups. This is not the type of experience we wish any of our customers to have and we want nothing more than to make this right for you and your pack. Please be on the lookout for a direct message from out team!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I have ordered the Barkbox at first and noticed that the chew toys they sent did not last more than a half hour before my dogs chew right through them so I figured that I work pay a little bit more and get them the Super Chewer box which is just as bad as the regular box and I emailed them and let them know and even provide pictures to them showing the toys that were destroyed and they then contacted me and asked me what my dogs liked and I explain to them that the rubber toys they have where not good for my dogs but every month they still sent rubber toys and my dogs destroyed every single one of them.

When they sent the replacement nylon toys they were fine but they as well last but so long and have to be thrown away and if they send to toys and they when they both get destroyed they will only send you one for replacement not the two which they should have. I have to email them every month to ask them not to send rubber toys and they still do and to make matters worse this month's box is still not here and neither is the replacement from last month's chew toy. Not Happy.

Super Chewer response

Hi Jorge! Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback! We are so sorry to hear that the Super Chewer toys are not working out well for your special pups. We definitely understand how frustrating this must be! We also apologize that this month's box is arriving later than usual and you're pups are still waiting on replacement items! This certainly is not the experience we want any of our customers to have. We want to make this up to you and your pack as soon as possible! We will be sending a direct email to get this all cleared up and hopefully make it right!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Buyer Beware! Do not subscribe to this company! I have received 2 boxes so far & my dog destroyed the cheap toys with minutes! The customer service department is horrible. They are nearly impossible to get ahold of and they lie to you! I was promised replacements for the destroyed toys and they have not sent them. They have no way to actually speak to someone if there’s a problem & they seemingly do not care about customers. I would NEVER recommend this company. It’s just about impossible to get them from sending new boxes & charging you to. I am going to report them to BBB. Buyer Beware!!!

Super Chewer response

Hi Lynne! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We are so sorry to hear about this experience. We definitely understand your frustration caused by having trouble contacting us and receiving items that did not work out for your pup. This truly is not the experience we wish any of our customers to have! We will be sending you a direct email to ensure you and your pup have been well taken care of!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

My dog Sadie is a 1 year old pitbull and can destroy toys in seconds. Gratefully BarkBox has sent us replacement toys quickly and found toys that best fit her chewing needs! She also loves all of the treats and chews inside!

Hi Lauren,

We are thrilled that Sadie has been loving her Super Chewer goodies. We absolutely love spoiling her! Does she have any favorites yet?

We are so thankful to have you and Sadie in our pack. As always, don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do to help ensure Sadie's box is perfect each month.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I signed up for a subscription with the impression that Super Chewer toys would be a bit more indestructible for my dog since most store bought toys last a matter of hours. The Super Chewer did not exceed or even come close to being more durable or last longer. I have received two boxes, and two replacement toys to which 4 of the toys were destroyed in less than a weeks time. I contacted them about being unsatisfied with the product and they will not let me cancel my subscription, but indicated they would send me new toys every month if I email and let them know they were not to my standards. So I'm spending $35 a month for 2 bags of treats, and 2 snack treats and 2 toys that last 2-5 days; along with my time for having to email them every month to let them know my dog has destroyed a toy and please send a replacement. Very displeased with the product and service.

Hi Heidi,

We're so sorry to hear that the Super Chewer toys have not been a perfect fit for your pups so far. We completely understand your frustration with this. I do see that we have talked, and found a solution for you, Moka and Olive by tailoring the toys to better fit their preferences. We hope this helps, and makes for a great experience next month.

If there's ever anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to email us at lindz@barkbox.com. We want to ensure your pups last few boxes are a perfect fit.

Super Chewer Company Information