4.44/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Super Chewer, a division of BarkBox, is a monthly subscription box with super durable toys, treats and meaty chews for your dog! Every box is designed with toys made of strong rubber and nylon, and tested to stand up to the toughest chewers. With a new theme every month, Super Chewer includes chews and treats, with options for pups with allergies. Select from our 12 month, 6 month or 1 month subscriptions. Visit us today to learn more about our service and products!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

101 Super Chewer Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 24, 2019

Almost always a happy pup! Although there have been a few issues within the last 6 months, the year before that, everything was perfect! We moved 6 months ago and the box wasn’t shipped out to us by their mistake. I contacted the company and they sent one right away with an apology. There have also been a few instances that my dog wouldn’t get close to the treats either because he didn’t like the smell or they were rock hard. When I contacted the company they either sent them (the first time) or they said they were sending them but didn’t until I contacted them again. Either way, they always end up sending them even if they have to be reminded.

Jax has always loved the toys and the chews. First year was the plush (regular box) and now we order the Super Chewer box. We also were informed that we can specialize the box so that it’s always one of his favored items. So now Jax doesn’t receive anything peanut butter or fruit scented. He’s a meat and potatoes dog (minus the potatoes). It is so worth the money to see my dog walk past the mailbox and then turn back around and sniff out which box it’s in. Seriously the highlight of the month. We are lifers for sure!

Hi Jerra,

We're so happy we get the chance to spoil your sweet Jax each month. We're so sorry for any issues you have had. but thank you for always reminding us. We always want to ensure you and your pup are taken care of. If there's ever anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Take care and have a great day!

Get expert buying tips about Dog Treats delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

We rescued our 50lb pittie, Hershey from a city shelter. She’s in the prime of her life, maybe 3-4 years. She can go through a toy in seconds, minutes if it’s a little tougher than normal. But with Super Chewer, she gets spoiled monthly! She always loves everything in her package, and for the price I feel it is definitely a bargain on my wallet. She gets 2 decent sized bags of awesomely flavored treats, including flavors like pork, lamb, all kinds of vegetables and she gobbles them up pretty quick. The ingredients are superb! No fillers or fake junk in these!

She gets 2 treat Sticks that she can chew on and they are also always healthy and good for her digestion. She gets 2 awesome toys and I paid a few extra dollars a month to have an additional 3rd toy included. Anytime she demolishes a toy, I can simply message Super Chewer on Facebook and they always respond within minutes!! They always reassure me and send a new toy to replace the one she destroyed and if she destroyed 2 toys, then they send 2 replacement toys. The rep is never rude or impatient. They have some awesome customer service people, and I love the service so far. The replacement toy they sent the first time is so tough that my Hershey can’t destroy it yet. It’s lasted 3 weeks so far and counting. Definitely recommend them to anyone with a Super Chewing pooch.

Hi Brittney!

We're so happy to hear that the Super Chewer BarkBox has been such a good fit for Hershey! She is absolutely precious! We want to let you know that we can send replacements for destroyed toys as well, if needed! But it is so convenient to get new toys each month for a crazy chewer like her. :)

If there's ever anything we can do to help, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Sarge and I love each super chewer box he receives! When we open the box Sarge waits (im)patiently for the tasty treat, usually a duck jerky or salmon stick, while I go through the rest of the box and chuckle at the monthly theme. I really laugh at the clever marketing; it’s obvious it’s done by someone who adores dogs. We like the toys that haves ropes because they fly further - so I’ll pick that one to throw 5,000 times before he inevitably will go back to his Bark Corn Husk, his favorite Bark toy for me to throw.

Throughout the month we will give him another toy from his bark box to play with and of course eat those treats. Sarge is a 108 lb German Shepherd Dog and so far the Super Chewer toys are the only brand that he can’t destroy. (I wish I would’ve ordered this when he was a puppy!!). I absolutely loved the Christmas card/letter from “my dog” and had it hanging up with all the other Christmas cards all season long. Friends & family loved it as well when they saw it. We are anxiously awaiting 3 themed boxes: Patriotic, Wisconsin & Summer! Sarge’s daddy is in the military and we are very patriotic. We vacation in the summer at a lake house in Wisconsin; we need a toy that will make Sarge stop using all the kid’s floaties as chew toys ???? Thank you again Bark Box; you have one happy Super Chewer!

Hi Lisa,

Aww! It sounds like you and Sarge have so much fun every BarkBox day! We're so happy it has been such a big hit. You're right, we are all crazy dog people just like you! We always want to ensure and you Sarge are happy each and every month. :)

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Overall I have had a very good experience with bark! In December I placed an order outside of my usual monthly Super Chewer subscription. The wrong item was sent but when I contacted customer service they were quick to send out the correct item. When it arrived it was once again the incorrect item. I called again and the correct item was finally sent. Around the same time I had also paid to have my December box upgraded. When it arrived not only were there not extra items but it was also a regular box (not Super Chewer).

I contacted customer service and they sent out a new box. It was again not the upgraded box I had paid for and in addition it was a box with treats and toys that we had already received a previous month. I called customer service and they offered a credit. We love our subscription and know things happen so we are giving the benefit of the doubt and looking forward to our future Super Chewer boxes because we love the products and the customer service reps have always been amazing!

Hi there, Aynsley!

We are so sorry that you and Calamity have had a few frustrating experiences lately. This is absolutely not what we want for the two of you, but are so glad to hear that the Happy Team has been able to get you guys taken care of each time! We will always do whatever we can to make sure your sweet pup is taken care of.

The holidays definitely had us very busy and challenged our Fulfillment Team, however, we have worked very hard to make sure everything is A-Okay moving forward so you and Calamity have a much smoother experience!

Thank you so much for being so patient and allowing us the opportunity to spoil Calamity! If you should ever need anything at all in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Resolution response: March 20, 2019

BARK! was able to offer a mixed box option so my dog, Bandit, can enjoy both the classic and super chewer toys--thank you BARK! for a great resolution!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

My dog and I love it. He doesn't seem to play with the toys in the same way as the basic box. Obviously I don't want him tearing through a toy in 1 day, but it would be great if some of the aspects of the original box could be added to a heavier duty toy.

Hey, Kelsey!

We are so happy to hear that Bandit has been enjoying the boxes so far! We know you mentioned wanting a little "Classic" in your life in combination with the Super Chewer... We now have the option to tailor your boy's box to include 1 Classic toy and 1 Super Chewer toy! We will have someone reach out personally to see if this would be a good option for Bandit! If you should need anything in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Chewer?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I signed up for this promotion with the honest intention of trying something that sounded like such an awesome idea....for $5.00. I figured if I elect not to continue the subscription, but I don't remember to cancel during a reasonable time (before the 2nd BarkBox gets shipped), then it wouldn't be such a big deal. I've done this for various services...like Sports TV packages, Amazon Prime, LinkedIn Premium, etc etc. I never tried anything for my dog though, which is an awesome idea. This complaint has nothing to do with the company product or its services. Essentially, if you are a customer who is looking at subscribing, you can perceive this initial process or transaction in at least two different ways.

1) You are signing up for a 12 month contract subscription (at $29/month) and you are getting the 13th box for $5.00, not free, which you pay for upfront. Your first box will arrive rather quickly. YOU CANNOT CANCEL. Or...

2) You are signing up for a 12 month contract subscription (at $29/month) and you are getting the 13th box upfront, but you pay $5.00 initially, sort of like a signup fee. YOU CANNOT CANCEL.

Let me just start off by saying certain people are not comfortable spending $353.00 on their dog's treats and toys each year. I'm one of those certain people. In fact, I'm someone who is comfortable trying a new product or service for a price (or for free) with the expectation that I would remember to cancel within a period of time. That's what I was absolutely under the impression of doing.

I finally became aware when I saw the first $29 charge. Okay so big deal right? "Just go get your refund for the initial $29 (surprise charge) and tell them to not send the box." Nope. They won't let me. I tried calling and it directed me to a text message communication option. And the person or individual didn't even respond to my request!

Look. I was charged $29 on September 3rd for items I have never been known to spend money on. I just want to get out of this 12 month contract. I got the $5.00 sample box and elected I cannot justify continuing to pay for the service. I cannot afford to do this for 11 more months. Please just give me a refund of the $29 and relieve me of the contract. It's all I ask.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Just got our first box today and Kya was wagging her butt in complete excitement! She has been chewing on her treats and sweets gumdrop for the last 30 minutes non stop! I am hopeful that we finally have found some toys that will stand up to her chewing!

Super Chewer response

Hi Lori! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! Kya is absolutely beautiful and we are so happy to hear how excited she was to receive that first box! We hope all future boxes are a hit with her as well! If you ever find that a toy doesn't stand up to her chewing and is destroyed too quickly, please don't hesitate to let us know! We'd be happy to replace any item that doesn't work out through our Scout's Honor guarantee! Pass some extra belly rubs along to Kya from all of us here at BARK and let us know if we can do anything for you and your pack!

Resolution response: Aug. 24, 2019

After long hours of communication with the company they offered the refund. I am still not happy how long it took to resolve this issue, but I am glad that it is finally resolved

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I have had the worst experience of my life with Super Chewer. I have signed up for their yearly subscriptions, and within the hour, I contacted them multiple times via email to cancel it. I made sure to cancel the order before any shipments. I saw the next day that the box was shipped in the late evening, and no one responded to my emails. I decided to use their chat options, and after more than two hours, the company refused to cancel the shipment or cancel the full subscriptions. They offered me one option which is to pay an extra $10 on top of the $29 I have already paid to cancel the yearly subscriptions. I also offered to refuse the shipment to avoid the hassle of shipping it back, but the representative declined to get the shipment back.

I have never seen a company that has such a horrible policy. I understand that their representative was simply doing their job, and I respect them for communicating with me for two hours to help me with the best they can. I am very unhappy with the company policy and it is only fair to cancel my subscriptions with no charge to me, and I can refuse the delivery and this way they get their box back unopened.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Don’t get me wrong. I absolutely love the theme boxes and get a kick out of them every time! My yellow lab, Percy always loves opening his boxes. But we have yet to have a toy to stand up to his super chew strength since we started in December. Every single time he has at least one toy destroyed within 30 minutes of opening the box, it’s very disappointing. We’ve gotten replacement toys and even those aren’t much better. At a lost, not looking so good on a renewal from us.

Hi there, Karleigh!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out and let us know about Percy's Super Chewer experience! We are so sorry that those toys have not been holding up too well though. This is definitely not what we want for you and your big guy.

We would love to reach out personally to get a bit more insight into the type of play style Percy has and do our best to make this the best experience we can! Please keep an eye out for that!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I moved and forgot to update my address in time for shipping. I sent them an email apologizing for MY error and they sent me out a 2nd box in case the first box did not get forwarded. BarkBox has EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. My boxes arrive perfectly and my love Bentley, my Pit-bull, LOVES them. I will be subscribing for a long time!!!! PS I get Super Chewers in my box and my pit cannot chew through these so they last, yippee!!!!

Hi Mary,

We're thrilled to hear that Bentley is absolutely loving the goodies each month.. and even better that they are lasting. We love spoiling him! We have so many fun themes and surprises to come and we can't wait for you two to see!

If there's ever anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to reach out. :)

Super Chewer Company Information