2. Pets
  3. Dog Treats
Accredited Partner

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.35/5

Meet Super Chewer: This monthly subscription box is made for dogs who play harder and demand a challenge. Each month, you and your dog receive an immersive adventure of 2 tough toys, 2 full-sized bags of treats, and 2 meaty chews. Super Chewer's in-house toy designers create interactive all-natural rubber and nylon toys with features like puzzles, treat-lock systems, 2-in-1 toys, fetch-flinging toys, and more! All chews and treats are made in the USA and allergy-friendly options are available for pups with dietary restrictions!

Super Chewer Gallery (5)

BOTTOM LINE

Super Chewer is an online subscription service that creates toys and treats specifically for dogs who love to chew.

PROS

• Includes 6 toys and treats each month
  • Products for dogs of all sizes
  • All-natural and made in the U.S.

CONS

• Subscription renews automatically
Super Chewer Get a Quote

Top Super Chewer Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Chewer?

Molly was chewing the toys in the beginning, the customer service team gets an amazing review from me moving her to a Super Chewer and fixing the problem! She got replacement toys, and now she gets only toys in her box monthly! Molly looks forward to the mailman to bring her bark box monthly??? They get 5 stars from us!!

In January of 2016 I adopted two Greater Swiss Mt. Dog x Black lab pups. As young pups they liked similar toys and nothing lasted long in the onslaught of teething puppies! Stumbled on BarkBox one day surfing FB offering a free extra toy with 6/12 mo subscriptions. That was almost two years ago and it has been one of the best subscription services I've ever encountered.

What is Super Chewer?

Super Chewer is an online treat and toy subscription service designed for dogs who love to chew. The service creates products for dogs of all sizes and comes with plenty of options. Super Chewer prides itself on creating durable products that can withstand pups that are tough on toys.

If you’re ready to get started with Super Chewer, head to the company’s website and submit information on your dog, including their size, weight, breed and any allergies they might have.

Once Super Chewer has this information, the company creates a customized box of toys and treats for your dog. Super Chewer has three different boxes made for dogs of varying sizes, and you can choose the best one based on your dog’s weight and jowl-size:

• Small: For dogs less than 20 pounds
  • Medium: For dogs between 20 and 49 pounds
  • Large: For dogs more than 50 pounds

What comes in a Super Chewer box?

Super Chewer box

The Super Chewer team designs and creates each Super Chewer dog toy with durable, all-natural materials. All edible treats are corn-, soy- and wheat-free, which makes them a great option for dogs with food allergies. Each Super Chewer box includes six full-size products:

• Two tough, non-fluffy toys
  • Two hearty chews
  • Two bags of treats

Every Super Chewer toy has an entertainment purpose, so you never have to worry about getting an ordinary rubber toy in your subscription box. Some popular products include treat-dispensing toys, floating toys and fetchable toys.

Super Chewer dog boxes are also highly customizable. While you can’t pick the exact toys and treats you want, you can specify your dog’s ingredient preferences or allergies and request more toys and fewer treats or vice versa.

How much does Super Chewer cost?

Subscriptions range from $29 to $39 a month. The Super Chewer price varies based on the length of your subscription. The company offers month-to-month, six-month and 12-month subscriptions — a month-to-month subscription is the most expensive option, while a 12-month subscription gives you the best value. Shipping is free in the 48 contiguous states and $8 for Alaska, Hawaii and Canada. Delivery takes two to eight days.

Monthly prices for subscriptions are:

• 12-month subscription: $29/month
  • 6-month subscription: $34/month
  • Month-to-month subscription: $39/month

Super Chewer also allows you to gift a subscription to a special dog in your life — unlike subscriptions, which you pay for each month, the company charges a one-time cost for gifts. Prices for gifted subscriptions are:

• 12-month gift: $329
  • 6-month gift: $179
  • 3-month gift: $99
  • 1-month gift: $45

All of Super Chewer’s products come with a Scout’s Honor Guarantee, so if your dog isn’t satisfied with a toy or destroys it, you can get a new one for free, no questions asked.

Is Super Chewer worth it?

super chewer toy

Super Chewer toys are durable and made to last. The plan comes with multiple subscription options and can be customized to fit your dog’s needs, whether that be additional treats or more toys each month. If your furry friend tears up everything in their path, Super Chewer could have the toys you need to keep them entertained. The company is dedicated to customer service, and their "Happy team" is located in the U.S. and available to help customers with questions, issues and even toy replacement.

Super Chewer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Chewer?

Original review: May 6, 2020

I adopted Harry in September of 2019. Harry is a special boy who is beyond any Super Chewer dog I have ever seen and is able to chew up things I never thought possible. I subscribed to the Super Chewer Box in an effort to find toys that Harry could not destroy in 10 minutes or less. There are several that he loves.

Unfortunately, six months after adoption, when Harry was just under 2 years old, I went on a cruise. While at sea and Harry with a pet sitter, he ingested part of a Bark Box toy that was not SUPER CHEWER resistant. After excessive vomiting and diarrhea, my daughter came over and rushed him to the vet, and then on to the vet hospital. After emergency surgery resulting from the toy, the vet bills came to over $3,800.00. Which my daughter graciously paid.

I got home from the cruise owing my daughter insurmountable compensation. I contacted Bark Box immediately. They called me that same day and asked the details of my experience. They were very caring and understanding and immediately cancelled my Bark Box subscription. I sent them copies of the bills and spoke with their rep on the phone more than once and emailed back-and-forth a lot. He was understanding and helpful and within a month of contacting them I received a check paying 100% of the vet bills.

I can't thank the Bark box company enough for making restitution and for handling it so quickly so I could pay my daughter back. While he can't have any new toys, Harry still enjoys the SUPER CHEWER toys that are extra durable, and he enjoys the Bark Box Treats Only box each month which he LOVES!

Get buying tips about Dog Treats delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2020

Tippy first started with regular Bark box, but being a Pitt bull, she grew stronger quickly and had to upgrade to Super Chewer. She loves to toys that have 2 different types of rubber. She chews through the softer one fast, but then takes her time with harder pieces. She hasn't received a treat she hasn't liked. She really like the ones with Duck in it. She has to have ones that works with her allergies. The only difference I would make is for Super Chewer box to have a rope toy every couple months. She loved it when she got those with the regular Bark box. Overall our experience has been great and when I had questions or concerns I got quick responses. Well worth the money for monthly treats & toys. Since the COVID-19 outbreak and work hours cut, it has made our budget tight, but thankful we can still buy her food. We are thankful that people are still able to work making Super chewer boxes and Bark boxes for our fur babies.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I've been working mostly remote since 2012, but in late 2019 I transferred departments and had to commute in every day for several months. To help make the change easier for my pack I signed up for the Super Chewer box since I have a Boxer/Pit (9) and Malinois Mix (2). They both have different chewing habits and play styles so I thought the variety in the boxes would bring a lot of happy tail wags, and it definitely has! I'm convinced the boxes must be coated in some sort of doggie catnip because they KNOW when their box arrives and demand toys and snackies instantly. Occasionally there is a toy that neither one is really thrilled about, but the vast majority are instant faves that they pass around and argue over. All of the treats and chews are well loved and they keep begging for more.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I have been getting the monthly Super Chewer box since October and my doggo ever since that first one whenever I get any kind of box or package that resembles her box she is always upset when it's not for her but on the other hand she is so excited when it is her new BarkBox that came in the mail. She is always checking and rechecking the box or package to make sure there is no more that I might have missed in there.

I love to spoil her because before I met her in California her and her owner at the time were living homeless in the desert where I found her when we ourselves had a freak accident and our van we had drove out there from Michigan for a visit caught fire and burned to the ground and we ended up out there for 2 1/2. But I didn't want to get attached to her cause I didn't think I would be there long but she wasn't having it and started waiting for me outside where we were staying and following me whenever I went somewhere away from camp. She adopted me and back in September we took a greyhound all the way back here to Michigan where she seen snow for the first time and she is about 8 years old. She deserves to be spoiled and I am glad with your help I am able to do that.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Dog mother of 3 - Super Chewer edition. When we first started with BarkBox, I honestly didn't plan on staying with the company for so long. However, we now look forward to our monthly box and I participate in the add on events. The boxes come with a different theme each month. At first, we had a little issue. My big dogs were tearing up the toys by the end of the week (sometimes the end of the day). We adjusted to the super chewer box and all the big dogs LOVE it. Even those tougher toys have a squeak to them and the dogs loved that as well. I think for the price we spend we get a great value. I would definitely recommend Barkbox to anyone that is curious. Also, you can adjust your plan at any time and customer service is always quick to respond if I have had an issue. Or when I wanted to change my plan.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 3, 2020

My dog is an 11 month old GSD. Both boxes received lasted only a few minutes. Sent an email after 1st box. No response. Live chatted 2nd time and had to force cancellation. No refund offered. Not worth the money.

Super Chewer response

Hi Jody. Thank you so much for taking time to share you feedback. We are so sorry to hear the Super Chewer toys were not a good fit for your special pup. We also apologize that your first email has gone unanswered. This definitely is not the type of experience we wish any of our pack members to have and we want nothing more than to make this right. Please be on the look out for a direct message from our team to get this cleared up!

Original review: June 6, 2020

The toys and treats are great and they are great quality! Both of my dogs, Remy and Grizzly, love them. They are the only toys that don’t get destroyed. Our favorites are the treat dispensers. They keep the dogs happy and occupied and help them use their minds.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I was originally receiving the Bark Box and had requested to be switched to the Super Chewer box and still have not received one. I have only been receiving the bark boxes which was confirmed that it had been switched. Very disappointed that this has not happened.

Super Chewer response

Hi Jessica! Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback. We are so sorry to hear that your plan has not been switched to the Super Chewer plan yet. This definitely isn't the type of experience we want any of our customers to have and we would love to make this right as soon as possible. Please be on the look out for a direct message from our team!

Original review: April 26, 2020

Doty is about 17 months old and had a Barkbox subscription for about 6 months as a pup. I discontinued the subscription no because of dissatisfaction but because the toys were so durable that she couldn’t tear them up as well as a financial situation came up on my part. When I straightened everything out and got back on track the SupetChewer box subscription was on of the first things I started back up. Doty loves her toys, chews and treats! If she tears something up or doesn’t like an item in her box, the Bark team are always helpful in getting a replacement. They always respond very quickly and aim to please. Keep up the great work!!!

Original review: April 19, 2020

She absolutely loves the toys and each month she sees me grab that box and she is like a puppy again cause she cant wait to play ... this was the best choice for her and I don't regret getting this for my Lilly.

Super Chewer Company Information