2. Pets
  3. Dog Treats

Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.38/5

Meet Super Chewer: This monthly subscription box is made for dogs who play harder and demand a challenge. Each month, you and your dog receive an immersive adventure of 2 tough toys, 2 full-sized bags of treats, and 2 meaty chews. Super Chewer's in-house toy designers create interactive all-natural rubber and nylon toys with features like puzzles, treat-lock systems, 2-in-1 toys, fetch-flinging toys, and more! All chews and treats are made in the USA and allergy-friendly options are available for pups with dietary restrictions!

Super Chewer Gallery (5)

BOTTOM LINE

Super Chewer is an online subscription service that creates toys and treats specifically for dogs who love to chew.

PROS

• Includes 6 toys and treats each month
  • Products for dogs of all sizes
  • All-natural and made in the U.S.

CONS

• Subscription renews automatically
Super Chewer Get a Quote

Top Super Chewer Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Chewer?

Molly was chewing the toys in the beginning, the customer service team gets an amazing review from me moving her to a Super Chewer and fixing the problem! She got replacement toys, and now she gets only toys in her box monthly! Molly looks forward to the mailman to bring her bark box monthly...

In January of 2016 I adopted two Greater Swiss Mt. Dog x Black lab pups. As young pups they liked similar toys and nothing lasted long in the onslaught of teething puppies! Stumbled on BarkBox one day surfing FB offering a free extra toy with 6/12 mo subscriptions. That was almost two years ago...

What is Super Chewer?

Super Chewer is an online treat and toy subscription service designed for dogs who love to chew. The service creates products for dogs of all sizes and comes with plenty of options. Super Chewer prides itself on creating durable products that can withstand pups that are tough on toys.

If you’re ready to get started with Super Chewer, head to the company’s website and submit information on your dog, including their size, weight, breed and any allergies they might have.

Once Super Chewer has this information, the company creates a customized box of toys and treats for your dog. Super Chewer has three different boxes made for dogs of varying sizes, and you can choose the best one based on your dog’s weight and jowl-size:

• Small: For dogs less than 20 pounds
  • Medium: For dogs between 20 and 49 pounds
  • Large: For dogs more than 50 pounds

What comes in a Super Chewer box?

Super Chewer box

The Super Chewer team designs and creates each Super Chewer dog toy with durable, all-natural materials. All edible treats are corn-, soy- and wheat-free, which makes them a great option for dogs with food allergies. Each Super Chewer box includes six full-size products:

• Two tough, non-fluffy toys
  • Two hearty chews
  • Two bags of treats

Every Super Chewer toy has an entertainment purpose, so you never have to worry about getting an ordinary rubber toy in your subscription box. Some popular products include treat-dispensing toys, floating toys and fetchable toys.

Super Chewer dog boxes are also highly customizable. While you can’t pick the exact toys and treats you want, you can specify your dog’s ingredient preferences or allergies and request more toys and fewer treats or vice versa.

How much does Super Chewer cost?

Subscriptions range from $29 to $39 a month. The Super Chewer price varies based on the length of your subscription. The company offers month-to-month, six-month and 12-month subscriptions — a month-to-month subscription is the most expensive option, while a 12-month subscription gives you the best value. Shipping is free in the 48 contiguous states and $8 for Alaska, Hawaii and Canada. Delivery takes two to eight days.

Monthly prices for subscriptions are:

• 12-month subscription: $29/month
  • 6-month subscription: $34/month
  • Month-to-month subscription: $39/month

Super Chewer also allows you to gift a subscription to a special dog in your life — unlike subscriptions, which you pay for each month, the company charges a one-time cost for gifts. Prices for gifted subscriptions are:

• 12-month gift: $329
  • 6-month gift: $179
  • 3-month gift: $99
  • 1-month gift: $45

All of Super Chewer’s products come with a Scout’s Honor Guarantee, so if your dog isn’t satisfied with a toy or destroys it, you can get a new one for free, no questions asked.

Is Super Chewer worth it?

super chewer toy

Super Chewer toys are durable and made to last. The plan comes with multiple subscription options and can be customized to fit your dog’s needs, whether that be additional treats or more toys each month. If your furry friend tears up everything in their path, Super Chewer could have the toys you need to keep them entertained. The company is dedicated to customer service, and their "Happy team" is located in the U.S. and available to help customers with questions, issues and even toy replacement.

Super Chewer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Chewer?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I have a 4 year old Doberman who LOVES to chew. This Super Chewer box has been a life saver; I've had the subscription for a couple years now and I don't think he's destroyed any of them and he is a rough player! We recently just adopted a puppy as well, who looks to be mixed St. Bernard (she's a big girl!) and these toys have survived puppy teething and still are in great shape! I will continue to only get my toys through the Super Chewer box as long as they maintain these great standards! Not to mention their customer service is beyond great as well. When I first tried the boxes, I didn't know about the super chewer option and he was flying through the stuffed toys within minutes; a representative helped me find the option and upgrade it and even followed up to make sure it held up to its standard. I have and will always recommend these boxes to anyone. Thank you Bark Box!

Get buying tips about Dog Treats delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Fun assortment of toys and treats! The company quickly responded to reports of a toy not as durable as expected-- before I even received it, I received an email explaining the situation with a solution. My dog is elderly and high energy, so because he can't run and hike for the exercise he needs without hurting himself, he needs exciting things to keep his brain active. The revolving collection of durable toys he can destroy every month really helps us (among other activities and attention) manage the anxiety and stress he deals with as his body becomes more and more stiff and achy. He recognizes the box when it comes (I think he can smell the treats, his sight is going) and starts acting like a puppy from how excited he is. His favorite toys are the squeaky balls, which he quickly destroys the squeak part of but still loves chewing the whole ball. April, the pibble, prefers the treats but will settle for longer toys she can hold in her paws while chewing.

Also-- I love the branding. Simon doesn't care if it is punny and themed, but whatever team is coming up with the names of the toys and the themes for the boxes deserves awards. Same for the packing and shipping teams-- COVID delays things, but I can always count on the box arriving every month without anything missing or incomplete or incorrect. They deserve awards too, I'm very aware that my desire for enrichment toys for my dogs isn't exactly a high priority necessary thing, but the employees packing and shipping are still working in this pandemic. Thank you so much.

Above all else, I am hopeful that they are putting their employees healths and safety as a top priority, and it seems that way. You can never be too sure as a consumer that the companies you buy from are treating their employees well and not as replaceable cogs, but it seems like efforts are being made to reduce potential harm to staff so for that I am grateful. I have attached my bad photos of my beautiful dogs for no real reason.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I've been with Super Chewer since a little after December 2019. At the time, my Lab Mix, Kilo, was 8 months old and he would destroy toys if I turned away for a second. I went through toys like crazy, buying new ones every weekend. My sister had Super Chewer for a few months, and said both her dogs loved it, so she gave me a free box to try. And Kilo LOVED it. He loves the treats and variety in toys, and his mom likes that the cost is easy on the wallet!! If I EVER have an issue with a toy, the customer service team is ALWAYS friendly and professional, and always provide a replacement at no extra cost. I cannot say enough how much I love this company. Kilo always looks forward to his new monthly themed box and goes crazy for all his new toys and treats!

Original review: May 6, 2020

I adopted Harry in September of 2019. Harry is a special boy who is beyond any Super Chewer dog I have ever seen and is able to chew up things I never thought possible. I subscribed to the Super Chewer Box in an effort to find toys that Harry could not destroy in 10 minutes or less. There are several that he loves.

Unfortunately, six months after adoption, when Harry was just under 2 years old, I went on a cruise. While at sea and Harry with a pet sitter, he ingested part of a Bark Box toy that was not SUPER CHEWER resistant. After excessive vomiting and diarrhea, my daughter came over and rushed him to the vet, and then on to the vet hospital. After emergency surgery resulting from the toy, the vet bills came to over $3,800.00. Which my daughter graciously paid.

I got home from the cruise owing my daughter insurmountable compensation. I contacted Bark Box immediately. They called me that same day and asked the details of my experience. They were very caring and understanding and immediately cancelled my Bark Box subscription. I sent them copies of the bills and spoke with their rep on the phone more than once and emailed back-and-forth a lot. He was understanding and helpful and within a month of contacting them I received a check paying 100% of the vet bills.

I can't thank the Bark box company enough for making restitution and for handling it so quickly so I could pay my daughter back. While he can't have any new toys, Harry still enjoys the SUPER CHEWER toys that are extra durable, and he enjoys the Bark Box Treats Only box each month which he LOVES!

Original review: April 13, 2020

Tippy first started with regular Bark box, but being a Pitt bull, she grew stronger quickly and had to upgrade to Super Chewer. She loves to toys that have 2 different types of rubber. She chews through the softer one fast, but then takes her time with harder pieces. She hasn't received a treat she hasn't liked. She really like the ones with Duck in it. She has to have ones that works with her allergies. The only difference I would make is for Super Chewer box to have a rope toy every couple months. She loved it when she got those with the regular Bark box. Overall our experience has been great and when I had questions or concerns I got quick responses. Well worth the money for monthly treats & toys. Since the COVID-19 outbreak and work hours cut, it has made our budget tight, but thankful we can still buy her food. We are thankful that people are still able to work making Super chewer boxes and Bark boxes for our fur babies.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Hello again. I keep complaining that the toys I receive are either too big for my miniature dachshunds to even pick up, (I have given away at least 7 or 8 of there to friends with big dogs) or are fragile little gimmicky squeak toys that get destroyed in a couple of hours. Honestly, I do better spending some time searching online for the right kinds of things that will last.

After contacting you about a month ago to quit, someone talked me into staying on and switching to “CLASSIC” toys. So today I received the current Bark Box, Spa day—again a cute little themed fluffy thing with a squeaker that got destroyed within minutes. I have yet to receive a box with CLASSIC toys. I don’t know what to do anymore. Just because one of your employees promises me something with cute gimmicky dog language like “thanks for barking back at us” or “we’re happy to lend a paw” doesn’t mean anything at all is going to happen. At a certain point, that’s just offensive. The Wet Dog Mud mask is a waste of money.

I’ve come to the conclusion that your toys are actually designed for human entertainment, and not for dogs. I’d rather have long lasting well designed toys in an unmarked shipping bag than cute packing and clever illustrations around something that ends up in the trash in three or four days. Maybe I can quit my subscription and just go shopping on your site from time to time, because you cannot seem to adjust to any real modifications. Having gone from patient, to tolerant, to frustrated, to hopeful, I am now ANGRY.

Pat ** and Ellie

Super Chewer response

Hi Pat and Elli! Thank you so much for taking time to share this feedback. We are so sorry that this experience so far has not been perfect for your special pup. We definitely understand the concern and frustration that comes with not receiving suitable items for our pups and we sincerely apologize that you and Ellie have been disappointed. We would love the opportunity to make this right for you and your pack as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for a direct message from our team so we can help further!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I received my last ever Bark Box. For the last several months I have been asking for hard toys or interactive toys. NO SOFT TOYS, they are destroyed in minutes. I get better toys at Walmart! This last order & final was 1 soft toy. The first 2 boxes had great toys, then it was downhill. All soft toy. I will never recommend Bark Box.

Super Chewer response

Hi Diane. Thank you so much for reaching out sharing this feedback. We are so sorry to hear this experience hasn't been perfect for you and your pup. This definitely is not the type of service we strive to provide and we want nothing more than to make this up to you. Please be on the lookout for a direct message from our team so we can make this right!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

We LOVE Super Chewer! Karma destroyed any and every toy we ever purchased anywhere else, but Super Chewer toys have been durable, easy to clean and consistently stimulating. She gets so excited every month when her box comes! The treats are great quality and always a favorite, I'm so glad they send small ones that can be used easily in the dispensing toys.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

When I got a new pup, I knew he’d need durable toys. Super Chewer was appealing because I love the themes and they guarantee their toys. I’ve been super happy with the monthly deliveries and the customer service is excellent. My pup loves it too and gets very excited when the box comes in the mail!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Everyone I have ever come into contact with at Super Chewer has been enthusiastic, professional, fun, upbeat, and pleasant. I am completely satisfied with all of my products. If there has ever been an issue with a toy not ending tough enough, Super Chewer and its awesome staff always send a tougher replacement right away. Pretty incredible care and service, especially during these times. Would recommend to any dog parent 110%.

Super Chewer Company Information