4.36/5
Based on 14 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Super Chewer, a division of BarkBox, is a monthly subscription box with super durable toys, treats and meaty chews for your dog! Every box is designed with toys made of strong rubber and nylon, and tested to stand up to the toughest chewers. With a new theme every month, Super Chewer includes chews and treats, with options for pups with allergies. Select from our 12 month, 6 month or 1 month subscriptions. Visit us today to learn more about our service and products!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

14 Super Chewer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I signed up for BarkBox at the beginning of July after reading great reviews and the company standing behind their product. Well I received my first email confirmation for delivery, when I didn't receive the box a few days after this date I reached out to "my contact" via email at BarkBox, she explained the move to the new warehouse and things have taken longer to ship, for the inconvenience she added on two additional months to the end of my YEAR long subscription at no cost.

When I finally received my first box and gave the toys to my Pitbulls they destroyed them within 2 hours so I emailed "my contact" asking what my options were. I received a return email stating that their mailbox was full and my email wouldn't be received. I tried several times after that and finally someone else emailed me and stated I would hear from "my contact" within 48 hours, that of course never happened. I reached out via Instant Messenger on the computer and someone apologized and told me I could upgrade to the next level for no additional cost. I agreed to that and she also said that she would send me two super chewer toys to try at no cost.

I then received a call a week later from BarkBox stating that this person promised me items that were not in inventory so they will need to send me something else. She agreed to send me a new Super chewer box at no cost and for my troubles this far she would not charge me for August and September. After receiving the boxes promised to me (July & August) I have not received any more. I signed up for a year subscription so I went online to chat with someone. The person I chatted with told me my subscription was only for the month, which makes absolutely no sense since the very first person I talked to added two additional months to the end of my 12 months subscription.

When I explained that they said they seen a very extensive chat history in my only 2 months of having BarkBox but the only thing they can do is re-sign me up. She was less than helpful so I asked to have a manager call me. That following Monday an Ambassador called me. He was less than helpful as well. Pretty much told me sorry but there is nothing they can do. After that conversation I received a survey that I filled out as unsatisfied. Last week Thursday I received an email from a Manager Greer and asked what happened and how he can help me.

I thought FINALLY a Manager, however here we are over a week and I sent him two emails and NO response at all. I sent him an email with a suggestion to make this right. I have not received anything. In the few months that I had BarkBox I have had nothing but problems and no one with authority to make it right or even the willingness too. It is extremely disappointing. At this point I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Super Chewer response

Hey there Olivia, Scar and Bronx! Thanks so much for your time and for reaching out to us. We are so very sorry to hear that this is the experience that you guys have had. We can totally see how this can be frustrating with all of the confusion and some account issues! Not to worry though! We would love to get this all cleared up for you and make this right on our end as promised. We want nothing more than to make this right for you and your pup and to turn this back into the fun experience! We are sending you a direct email to get this all taken care of on our end!

Get expert buying tips about Dog Treats delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I just started BarkBox for Zander. My first experience was a little wobbly. I went online and started a subscription, wanting to make the monthly payments, but it charged me the full annual fee of 235$. The problem was fixed pretty quickly and I got my refund. And a free regular box because they couldn't stop the order. So that was really great. I had to get everything straightened out over the phone because the website didn't give me the option to do the Super Chewer box with monthly payments. So after getting everything figured out I got my free box yesterday. My dog went absolutely crazy with joy. He loved the treats and has not put them down yet. Now being that this was a regular box, I already expected my dog to rip through them right away because he is a super chewer.

Flash forward to 12 hours after getting the box... the toys are obliterated. Nothing left but fabric and one ball that came out of the stuffed toy and was the (BONUS) toy. Nevertheless he still chews on them. Also one last comment. There were so many squeaker in the toys that he went crazy with joy. So I get my Super Chewer box on Saturday and I'll update ya'll how "super chewer" it really is, because I definitely have a SUPER chewer. :)

Super Chewer response

Hey there Alexis and Zander! Thanks for your rating and welcome to the pack! We are so very sorry to hear that your checkout process with us was a little rocky! We recently changed out checkout process which would be why you ran into some trouble. We are so happy to hear that you got it all taken care of though! Then since your first box is not the super chewer box if Zander happens to rip through something let us know. We are always more than happy to send out another item on us that might work better! Just email us directly at lindz@barkbox.com! Then we can't wait to hear all about how that super chewer box works out for you guys! We love hearing that the first box was such a hit! If you or Zander need anything else please just let us know. We are always more than happy to help at any time.

Original review: June 17, 2018

SALEM LOVES HER BARK BOXES THAT COME EVERY MONTH. She like all her toys and treats. Now that she has been upgraded to the super chewer everything is so much better. When she see her box she is so excited. We open and she picks out what toy she wants first then she will not get another for about a week. Keep up the good work.

Super Chewer response

Hello Greg and Salem! Thanks for the great review. We love hearing that Salem is enjoying these boxes so much because we love sending them right to your door! If you or Salem need anything going forward please don't hesitate to let us know. We are always happy to help at any time.

Original review: June 15, 2018

We have 8 dogs and when we BarkBox it was a blessing. The staff is very helpful with finding exactly what we need for our boys. The toys and treats are enjoyed by all and the boys know when the box arrives… We attempted to go to the super chewer but they did not like those as well as the other toys. Staff is pleasant and accommodating.

Original review: June 15, 2018

We are not big on treating our pups. We treat them with toys, walks, Hikes and backpacking. So when we receive our BarkBox every month it's a disappointment that once again we have a plethora of treats vs toys. We ordered the super chewer box and our dogs still find ways to rip the toys to bits.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Chewer?

Original review: June 14, 2018

Quality treats and toys, made in America, delivered directly to your door at a super great price. Boxes are customizable for food allergies or preferences as well as what types of toys your dog likes (squeaker, chewy or super chewy). My dogs have received two boxes every month for over a year (regular box and super chewer box) and we have never been disappointed.

Super Chewer response

Thank you so much for your kind words Kimaree and for being such a loyal member of the pack! We hope that we have been able to provide lots of favorite toys for your pups over the past year! Along with plenty of overjoyed tail wags! If you ever need anything going forward at all please don't heistate to let us know. We are always happy to help in any way.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Tino is a super chewer and the toys that are shipped each month typically stand up to his big mouth. The treats are wheat, soy, and corn free and he loves them. I have been very happy with the customer service. Anytime there was an issue with the toys they were replaced immediately. They are easy to do business with.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We have truly enjoyed our experience with BarkBox. With the roll out of their super chewers box, we now receive toys that last our dog a long time, sometimes several months. If he does happen to destroy a toy, we can simply email and ask for a replacement. I love this aspect of their customer service. When we were on their super chewer plan, we requested a replacement every month and never had any issues. The value is great as well. Toys singly can easily cost $15 each. For a $30 monthly fee, we get 2 toys with a possible third if one is destroyed, plus 2 bags of treats and another chew.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have had nothing but excellent experiences with BarkBox, from the very beginning when we discovered that we would need the super chewer box the customer service has been phenomenal. Without question I would and have recommended BarkBox to my friends, they stand behind there product so you feel confident that you are going to get something great each month.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Charlie has been getting the super chewer box, and he loves it! The toys are long lasting, and he is a powerful chewer! He loves the treats and chews as well. I love the different themed box each month. Charlie and I always look forward to getting his bark box!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Bailey really like the toys - just wish they werent all "soft" toys as she destroys them within the week. We were told they were putting her in the "Super Chewers" program - thought that would include more "hard" toys. Bailey really loves all the treats that are included in the boxes too.

Super Chewer response

Hi Mickie and Bailey! Thought we'd check in and see if the boxes are a better fit! If not just let us know and we'd be happy to modify for you. Thanks for the love and glad to hear the treats are a hit! :)

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Barkley loves to get his BarkBox every month. He gets so excited when it comes in the mail, because he knows it is all his. The toys are sturdy and the treats are tasty. Even for a super chewer the toys keep him happy for a long time. Barkley loves the spikey balls inside other toys. It's like getting two toys in one.

Super Chewer response

The toys that have other toys inside of them, are the best toys, aren't they?? Happy to hear that Barkley is loving those!

Super Chewer Company Information