PeopleFinders.com

Compare Background Check Companies

Research top Background Check Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Works very well! I was looking into a person from my past and found out some disturbing information on them. Without this service I would not have known about a person and would have put myself in harms way! It was a very very detailed report. I was very happy with all the information I found out about this person. This service is well worth the price. It was very reasonable and I would recommend this to anyone I know. This service is very valuable.

They do release names, family members, the state and city. The report gives you information on the person that you want to locate/find. All you have to do is type in the name and the state if possible. This will give you better search results. The price that they charge is definitely a fair price in my opinion. I still think that they should change it up a little and lower the price for those who would think that it's too pricey. Based on the reviews and the results that I'd received from using their free service, I would definitely recommend them to others. I think that they'll be pleased with the results.

I wanted to find some information about a potential employee so I used this background service. It provided me with the information I needed to know and was very helpful. It provided me with a report which gave me the information I needed. The price was very reasonable for the information that I needed. I compared the prices to other background services and this one was the cheapest.

Can obtain background information with name, location, etc. home address, telephone #. You select what you want and they will build it into a customized profile for a cost. Provided me with information I was seeking along with rap sheet of felony convictions, jail time, etc. Report was customized to my specifics and provided a comprehensive profile of what this guy had been up to. Low price -- introductory special... $9.99 for what I was looking for. Had it customized to my specifics and was a fair price for the detail that I specified. I was able to obtain the information that I was seeking at a favorable cost. Had the option to pick a variety of specifics. It was extremely valuable to me.

Gave me several names to identify, possible birth DATE, CITY AND ADDRESS MATCHES and let me decide who to look at. I could look at as many on a specific time period as I wanted for a fee. This gave me possible matches based on name, birth date as well as address and possible familial relations. This also included any arrests or legal actions taken on behalf of or against those individuals as well as any criminal charges. I spend about $20 and could look at as many listing as possible that I wanted in a 24 hour period with a detailed report I could print. For unlimited names and possible matches, it was a very good value and would recommend it to anyone who was interested in knowing general details, indication, any need for further investigation or more in-depth research.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PeopleFinders.com?

General background check was conducted on the person I was searching, however, it was a simple check with not too many details unless I were to pay a fortune for it. It was a general background check that consisted of criminal record history and schooling and family. It didn't give too much away and only provided your basic search parameters. Price was an issue because they wanted me to shell out a fortune and I don't have that kind of money lying around to pay for something that doesn't turn out right. The value was not up to par and provided little detail regarding what I was going to receive. With a little research online, I found what I was looking for for free.

A extremely tough background check from tickets to felonies. This site has it. Our company uses this service and are very pleased with it. A printout sheet showing all of the individual's records are right in front of you. This enables us with the knowledge to either hire this person or not. The price is a little higher than most would charge but in the long run it is well worth it. I would use this service no matter what it cost. The value for this service speaks volume for itself. We are proud to use this service because of how fast the report comes back to us. Rest assured this service is the best out there.

They offer wide range of services that met our needs very well. I was able to get the information I needed about which service to use without too much trouble at all. I found that the report contained all of the relevant information that I needed to make my decision. It was clear and easy to understand. I would say that for what you get they are very competitively priced. We were happy to pay what we did and never felt like it was a bad decision to use them. The overall value is very good. You get all of the information that you need to make an informed decision at a very reasonable price. Using their service is well worth the cost.

Utah's basic street addresses all have North, South, East, or West. PeopleFinders does not display any of them. None. Other search companies display them. When I called PeopleFinders, there was NO interest in looking into what I explained. I was told several times during the call that they display what they are given. I told the individual that the product was not of use to me then and that I would like a refund. I got the response of "No, per the terms of..." which I understood. But, I will say that I have found that the service is not interested in customer feedback. I do NOT recommend them at all as there are better options available.

They miss-advertise "reliable/dependable" info! I found more accurate data searching local vital records. They do not: update data, provide limited data, and then charge a lot for lousy reports. They disclaim they cannot guarantee accuracy or how current info is and will not provide a refund for lame reports. If dissatisfied, a 2nd search free of charge is granted as courtesy, but didn't offer it when complaining to them, not that you would want one anyway. Further, they advertise upon purchase, a report will be emailed, then charge more to email it after the transaction. Charged $39.95 for a one-time report.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

PeopleFinders is a Data-as-a-Service company based in Sacramento, CA. The company has been in operation since 1988.

• Free preview: Clients who are interested in using the service can test it out before they pay. The company offers a Free 4-Step Preview, which lets people enter the name of the person they're looking for and then view the list of results to see if their person appears. Clients must then pay to access customer contact information.
  • Social media searches: PeopleFinders.com includes a nearly instant social media search, which can return all public and free results from peoples' social media sites, including blogs, online bios, and videos.
  • Rewards program: The PeopleFinders Rewards program Is a program customers can sign up for to receive 20 percent discounts on all premium reports, $1 background reports, and a free family safety map, and more.
  • Automatic renewal services: PeopleFinders offers customers the option of having their plan automatically renewed, so they don't have to make payments each month. Customers are initially given the option of opting into auto-renewal and their choice can be updated at any time.
  • Many success stories: PeopleFinders collects true success stories of people who have located people via their site, and they are available read on the company's website.
  • Best for People utilizing online dating sites.

Compare Background Check Companies