2.32/5

Need a background check company?

PeopleFinders.com

PeopleFinders.com gives you the ability to run a Background Check on anyone, anywhere. You can easily find Public Records for just about every adult in the United States. Access our data 24/7 from any mobile device, tablet or computer. Use a PeopleFinders' Background Check to obtain useful facts about anyone before making important decisions.

Our detailed Background Reports include records from local, state, and national sources.

Need a background check company?

PeopleFinders.com Reviews

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

These people get your credit card information when you pay the $1,then they put you on automatic pay at $29.95 per month. This is a scam and should be characterized as fraud!!! I am very disgusted with this organization and their representation.

Hello,

I am more than happy to take a look at your account to see what was signed up with. Please send me your email address on file so that I can further assist you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I paid to get access to one person‘s information using people finders as a web search for white pages. The result is I had to pay about a dollar to unlock the address of the person I was needing. And none of the emails they sent me or anywhere in line was it easily seen that if I didn’t cancel my membership in three days they charge me an additional $24. When I called the customer service to complain about this the most they could do on day three was refund me $22 of the $24 membership. I reviewed my emails nowhere in there did it say that I was paying for your long membership. They need to be more forthcoming on their payments. They help me find the place I was going but phone books are free.

Hello,

I apologize that this was your experience with our company. I am more than happy to look into the issue for you to see if there is anything I can do to further assist you. Please send me your email address on file with us.

PeopleFinders.com

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Wow what a scam they are running. They dont have any real information and what what they do have is false. They literally make it up. Absolutely the worst! This website should be shut down. Just read all of the other reviews.

Hello,

We are sorry that you did not receive the results you had hoped for. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee public record data or the results that you may get with your search. We are more than happy to take a look into your account to see if there is anything more that we can do for you. Please contact us at the number below.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Half of the information is absolutely wrong! Can I sue them? Marriage status and people I am associated with? I don’t even know these people or my supposed spouse. This misinformation could be detrimental to me and may have caused me to lose my dead husband's pension as I am not married and they even give a name of my spouse whom I’ve never heard of before. I’m a widow! I’m not happy at all!

Hello,

We are not FCRA compliant. This means that our information cannot be used for verification purposes because it cannot be guaranteed. You can read more about the FCRA on the Federal Trade Commission website: www.ftc.gov. If you would like your information removed, please follow the prompts in the link below.

Regards,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I had Peoplefinders do a background check and I paid $30.45 for a one-time report that was inaccurate in regards to the latest phone number, residence, birth month and etc. When I asked for a refund, they refused telling me that the information is supplied to them via public information. Well their 'Public Record Data' that they obtained is severely flawed and does not jibe with the information provided by other sources. They do not offer a customer satisfaction refund if not satisfied. I was SCAMMED out of my money and they should be put out of business. Buyer BEWARE, STAY AWAY!!!

PeopleFinders.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PeopleFinders.com?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Signed up for 3 day trial to get my ex's DOB (info I needed for passport app). Their sites says they'll provide DOB-but new law in Calif (where they're) located restricts that to month & year only. Do they tell you this ahead of time? Of course not. AND they were billing for full service during trial so had hassle of disputing w/credit card company. AVOID this company.

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not have access to the full date of birth fir any individual due to privacy laws. We also do not state anywhere that we do have this information. We would be more than happy to take a look into your account to confirm cancellation of the trial and to review to confirm if there was a billing error regarding the trial. Please send us your email address on file.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

PeopleFinders.com was almost completely inaccurate. It had several addresses and states I never lived in, marriages to several people I never heard of, criminal background items I never ever heard of, relatives I have never had. This site is a complete scam. Felt like I was just scammed for my $9.95.

Hello,

Public record data cannot be guaranteed. You are paying for us to conduct a search on your behalf to see what may be out there, not for any specific result. We apologize if you didn't receive what you had hoped for, we are more than happy to look into the account to see if there is anything more we can do for you. Please provide your email address on file so that we can further assist you.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I was trying to get information about one of our sub-contractors. The only accurate information they had was the address which I gave them. None of the numbers or emails they provided worked! They are a complete ripoff!

Hello,

Unfortunately, we are not an FCRA compliant company so you cannot use us to run background checks on potential candidates for work. Please send us your email address on file so that we can look further into your account and cancel it for you.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

The REMOVE information function does not work. Their system said it could not find me, but a search for people using their system with the same information found me no problem. The CONTACT US function, used to have data manually removed, does not work. All of the CONTACT US blocks were filled in correctly, but their system says some information missing. It is too bad that my private information is used without my permission. Sites such as this should be OPT-IN instead of the more difficult OPT-OUT. After all, it is my information, not theirs.

Hello,

We do offer an online, self- service removal, we have included the link below and have confirmed it is in working order. if you are unable to process the removal, please send us the direct URL to your profile so that we can further assist you.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

When I realized I had been charged the $29.99 monthly fee I googled the site and the website that came up did not have an option to sign in as I am using a different computer. I had to go onto the Consumer Affairs website to find out how to cancel the membership. The website is NOT user-friendly if one wants to cancel his/her membership. When I clicked cancel 2Xs I received an offer for $17.99 to keep the subscription. Hmmmmmm. PF should consider being more consumer-friendly in all aspects of its business practices.

Hello,

We apologize that this was your experience with our company. I am more than happy to look into your account to confirm your cancellation. If you could please provide your email address on file, we are more than happy to check into this for you.

PeopleFinders.com expert review by Ben Mannes

PeopleFinders is a Data-as-a-Service company that has access to public records on nearly every adult living in the United States. They also offer reverse phone lookup services and criminal record search. Based in Sacramento, California, the company has been in operation since 1988.

• Free preview: Clients who are interested in using the service can test it out before they pay. The company offers a Free 4-Step Preview, which lets people enter the name of the person they're looking for and then view the list of results to see if their person appears. Clients must then pay to access customer contact information. A one-time report is available for a small fee.

• Social media searches: PeopleFinders includes a nearly instant social media search, which can return all public and free results from social media sites, including blogs, online bios and videos.

• Flat rate pricing: PeopleFinders is available for a flat-rate fee of $9.95 per month for basic services. Premium service is available for $29.95 per month and includes unlimited access to current and past contact information, background check reports, birth/death records, marriage/divorce records, criminal records and more.

• Automatic renewal services: PeopleFinders offers customers the option of having their plan automatically renewed, so they don't have to remember to make payments each month.

• Reverse phone lookup: Anyone can perform a reverse phone search to find out who has been calling them. Find out the phone type and phone carrier for free, or pay a small fee for a full report.

• Best for: parents, individuals and people utilizing online dating sites.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
      Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

PeopleFinders.com Company Information