Hello Diana,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write us a review, we appreciate your feedback! If you have any questions regarding your account, or need further assistance, please call our Customer Care Team during the hours listed below at (800) 718-8997.

CustomerCare@Peoplefinders.com

PeopleFinders is dedicated to helping you find people and learn more about them in a safe and responsible manner. PeopleFinders is not a Consumer Reporting Agency (CRA) as defined by the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act). This site cannot be used for employment, credit or tenant screening, or any related purpose. To learn more, please visit our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I use this website a lot for professional purposes. It helps me to track down and verify information I cannot find elsewhere. Good and accurate information for a great value. I would like to offer a suggestion to make the website better. It would be very helpful if you could put a date reported next to the most recent address listed, as that helps to determine how new or old the residence may be. Keep up the good work. Thanks!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hello,

PeopleFinders provides free preview results every time you run a search. Our previews may include full names, the city and state of known addresses and possible relatives. You will also be shown what type of information we have available, such as phone numbers, addresses and email. This helps ensure that you are aware of the type of information you wlll receive before you order a report.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call our Customer Care Team during the hours listed below at (800) 718-8997. Thank you for contacting PeopleFinders.com.

CustomerCare@Peoplefinders.com

Original review: July 21, 2017

Google website information states that the check of individual is free. After you go through the entire process and they process information and then they go to the last screen and want to charge you. What a rip off and in my opinion is false advertising. Where is our government when we need them. Sitting on their butts as usual.

Hello David,

PeopleFinders has access to billions of public records, including the most recent and 40-years worth of historical data. This allows us to provide information about most every person or business in the United States. Public records are created from a variety of sources, including phone directories, property records, birth and death records, magazine subscriptions and voter registration cards.

Although PeopleFinders provides public records, we do not create or modify them in any way. We are only able to display the information provided in each record, so we cannot guarantee their accuracy. New public records are created every day, so PeopleFinders is always able to offer the most up-to-date and accurate information possible; however, this information must be publicly reported by the person.

Your order is packaged as a "Report+Trial", the charge of $2.95 applied for your three day trial is non-refundable as it is part of your contract. If you have any questions regarding your account, or need further assistance, please call our Customer Care Team during the hours listed below at (800) 718-8997.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Signed up for service today. Completed several searches. Results seemed incorrect, so searched phone numbers of people I knew. They too came back incorrect... all of which had been owned by a friend/family member for 5+ years. When I attempted to cancel membership, was charged a $2 95 cancellation fee. Spoke to customer service rep, she refused to reverse fee. Even though the information I obtained through the service was incorrect. Totally bogus! Buyer beware!

Original review: July 14, 2017

I used the PeopleFinders last few months and I did not get the information from the phone number searching more than 80% of the times. This is very suck service and did not provide me any information when I search for people via phone number

Hello Avianna,

At the time of purchase you chose to receive a discounted price for your report by signing up for a 3 day trial to our Membership. For the period of the membership, it allowed you to run unlimited searches. You had the option to cancel this membership trial at any time via your account manager on the website, via email, or with a representative over the phone.

We did not receive any notification that you wished to cancel this trial. The 3 day trial has ended; therefore, you were charged the membership fee on the fourth day. You we’re given the option to pay $3.95 per single search, but this was not selected.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I click on a check our service for a dollar... NOWHERE I "subscribed" to the service!... (STUPID! Don't do it!). Then 2 days later they charged me 25.00 dollars for nothing! 3 days later! Not even sending you "DO YOU WANT TO STAY WITH US?" No, once you entered the info, you're screwed, they will charge you and refuse to refund telling you (YOU're an idiot basically) "cause you did subscribe". SO DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. Check complaints on Google, Yahoo, Yelp whatever and ask they be closed down!... Call your bank, file a complaint and write the BBB!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hello James,

We offer three very easy ways to cancel. You may cancel online through your account, you my cancel by email or you may call us within our business hours to request cancellation.

Original review: June 6, 2017

Do NOT use this site. The information you receive is totally inaccurate. They try to blame this occurrence by try getting you to become a full member since "They are updating their data base constantly" and from time to time you may receive old info as in 20 years old! They make it impossible for you to cancel your membership online. You have to call their toll free number that just rings and rings and rings. Again DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PeopleFinders.com?

It said type a name in and wait almost 12 minutes and then I got a request to join for a dollar. I sign up and waited some more but never go the results. I did receive several charges on my card. Two charges for 9.99 and one for $1. Then several days later a charge for $42.99 showed up. I was able to successfully dispute the first charges but PeopleFinders said I didn't cancel in the 5 day policy so I was unable to receive a refund on the $42.99. The problem is I didn't know I needed to cancel in 5 days or that I would be charged $42.99. Do not use PeopleFinders. It's a scam.

Hello Chere,

Our records indicate that you registered for both a 3-day Premium membership trial and a 7-day PF Rewards trial on 06/02/2016. We received your cancellation request for your Premium service online during your trial period, however the PF Rewards service was not cancelled until you called in on 04/17/2017.

You spoke with management and they we’re able to approve refunds for four months as a courtesy. Unfortunately, no further refunds are available for this account. If you have any questions or need further assistance with your PeopleFinders account, please call our Customer Care Team.

CustomerCare@Peoplefinders.com

Original review: April 17, 2017

I signed up for a 1-time person search for $9.99 and then I find out 11 months later that they have been charging me $24.99 for some rewards program I NEVER signed up for. I had to speak with three different people before anyone even pretended to care. They admitted they could tell that I have only been on their website one time and that I cancelled the $9.99 service. I do not understand how/why there would be two options of memberships anyway, you would think there would be levels perhaps; basic, premium, etc., but not multiple memberships. You are doing a people search. How many memberships are necessary for that? It's just a scam way of you signing up for one thing and cancelling it responsibly, but them tracking on some other 'membership' and continuing to charge your card and hoping you don't check your statement.

Total waste of time. Do not waste your money. This company is a scam. They charge you without your approval and all information is outdated information. I was looking for someone then I received information with the person's unexpired ID, totally different address for 3 years. PeopleFinder had no update info on that. Waste of my time. Going to cancel my credit card because they will keep scamming from what I read.

Hello Jim,

CustomerCare@Peoplefinders.com

Original review: April 6, 2017

It said type a name in and wait 15 seconds? After almost 12 minutes I got a request to join and a dollar amount that was well above what I thought it would be. The trouble was waiting then finding out I had to join for a total of about 20 minutes.

Hello Roselea,

We do offer a convenient trial membership if you do not wish to pay on a per-search basis. We offer an unlimited three day trial for both our Basic ($0.95) and our Premium ($7.95) memberships. Please feel free to contact us if you have any futher questions about our membership services and pricing. If you have any questions regarding your account, or need further assistance, please call our Customer Care Team during the hours listed below at (800) 718-8997.

CustomerCare@Peoplefinders.com

Original review: April 3, 2017

Too many steps to get to the issue. Way too costly. Very frustrating after spending so much time on the site to find out you have to pay for every little element of your search. Not for me.

Hello Karen,

CustomerCare@Peoplefinders.com

Original review: March 25, 2017

I was looking for my sister and they helped me find her in a short time. I didn't pay any money for the information. I would recommend it to others.

Hello Bonnie,

We do not offer a 30-day trial membership, the member price for 30 days of unlimited background checks is $29.95.

CustomerCare@Peoplefinders.com

Original review: March 22, 2017

I subscribed to do my own background check and also someone that I am interested in. I never received a background summary of my own background or of the person that I had in question. Was not happy with the response I got and cancelled my subscription. I can say they were very prompt about returning my money. Also they advertised that you would get a free trial for 30 days and that never took place. To me that is false advertising just to draw people in to check out the product they are selling.

PeopleFinders' website is a waste of time. Scammers! If I could give NEGATIVE stars I would!! Worst experience EVER!! I was charged w/out my confirmation then told I was only going to get charged 2.95 for a mistake they made!! I never received a refund, I never used their services & don't plan to.

Hello,

We offer three very easy ways to cancel an account or membership. You may login to your account and cancel your membership or close the account online. You may email or call us and request cancellation. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call our Customer Care Team during the hours listed below at (800) 718-8997.

CustomerCare@Peoplefinders.com

Original review: March 6, 2017

By far the worst company to use, I have tried to cancel with them three times now and they refuse to stop charging me which is now going to force me to cancel my debit card. They also charged me for service I did not ask for. The rep was so rude and then told me to prove that I had canceled the service. There is no way to do this as the system does not provide a cancellation number. So, as of right now I'm out over $100 for a service that should've been $29.

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not have access to information about marriages and divorces in every state. Several states do not post that information online, so our system is unable to retrieve those records. We are including the marriage and divorce coverage below for your convenience. To obtain records from states that are not listed below, you may contact the county office where the marriage or divorce was filed.

Marriage Searches:
Ohio (1970-2004)
Texas (1968-1998)
Utah (1800-1999)

West Virginia (1931-1970)

Results may include bride and groom's name, bride and groom's age at time of marriage, county and/or state, and filing number.

Divorce Searches:
Colorado (1975-2000)
Florida (1970-1999)
Minnesota (1970-2003)
Nevada (1968-2000)

Texas (1968-1998)

Results may include petitioner, respondent, file number, marriage date, and county and/or state of filing.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I received this email from PeopleFinders listing the database of marriage/divorce records that they have. 14 States!?? That is all they have. AND they only have records through 2004? In some states the records end in 1970?!! This is not clearly stated anywhere on the site--and is clearly not as advertised. These people have lost their moral compass.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

We purchased a membership to find a lost relative. The information was wrong and the phone numbers given were unavailable. I wondered how accurate the site was so I entered my name only to find I am "deceased" and apparently I have a criminal record. Both of which are not true.

Works very well! I was looking into a person from my past and found out some disturbing information on them. Without this service I would not have known about a person and would have put myself in harms way! It was a very very detailed report. I was very happy with all the information I found out about this person. This service is well worth the price. It was very reasonable and I would recommend this to anyone I know. This service is very valuable.

They do release names, family members, the state and city. The report gives you information on the person that you want to locate/find. All you have to do is type in the name and the state if possible. This will give you better search results. The price that they charge is definitely a fair price in my opinion. I still think that they should change it up a little and lower the price for those who would think that it's too pricey. Based on the reviews and the results that I'd received from using their free service, I would definitely recommend them to others. I think that they'll be pleased with the results.

I wanted to find some information about a potential employee so I used this background service. It provided me with the information I needed to know and was very helpful. It provided me with a report which gave me the information I needed. The price was very reasonable for the information that I needed. I compared the prices to other background services and this one was the cheapest.

Can obtain background information with name, location, etc. home address, telephone #. You select what you want and they will build it into a customized profile for a cost. Provided me with information I was seeking along with rap sheet of felony convictions, jail time, etc. Report was customized to my specifics and provided a comprehensive profile of what this guy had been up to. Low price -- introductory special... $9.99 for what I was looking for. Had it customized to my specifics and was a fair price for the detail that I specified. I was able to obtain the information that I was seeking at a favorable cost. Had the option to pick a variety of specifics. It was extremely valuable to me.

Gave me several names to identify, possible birth DATE, CITY AND ADDRESS MATCHES and let me decide who to look at. I could look at as many on a specific time period as I wanted for a fee. This gave me possible matches based on name, birth date as well as address and possible familial relations. This also included any arrests or legal actions taken on behalf of or against those individuals as well as any criminal charges. I spend about $20 and could look at as many listing as possible that I wanted in a 24 hour period with a detailed report I could print. For unlimited names and possible matches, it was a very good value and would recommend it to anyone who was interested in knowing general details, indication, any need for further investigation or more in-depth research.

General background check was conducted on the person I was searching, however, it was a simple check with not too many details unless I were to pay a fortune for it. It was a general background check that consisted of criminal record history and schooling and family. It didn't give too much away and only provided your basic search parameters. Price was an issue because they wanted me to shell out a fortune and I don't have that kind of money lying around to pay for something that doesn't turn out right. The value was not up to par and provided little detail regarding what I was going to receive. With a little research online, I found what I was looking for for free.

A extremely tough background check from tickets to felonies. This site has it. Our company uses this service and are very pleased with it. A printout sheet showing all of the individual's records are right in front of you. This enables us with the knowledge to either hire this person or not. The price is a little higher than most would charge but in the long run it is well worth it. I would use this service no matter what it cost. The value for this service speaks volume for itself. We are proud to use this service because of how fast the report comes back to us. Rest assured this service is the best out there.

They offer wide range of services that met our needs very well. I was able to get the information I needed about which service to use without too much trouble at all. I found that the report contained all of the relevant information that I needed to make my decision. It was clear and easy to understand. I would say that for what you get they are very competitively priced. We were happy to pay what we did and never felt like it was a bad decision to use them. The overall value is very good. You get all of the information that you need to make an informed decision at a very reasonable price. Using their service is well worth the cost.

Utah's basic street addresses all have North, South, East, or West. PeopleFinders does not display any of them. None. Other search companies display them. When I called PeopleFinders, there was NO interest in looking into what I explained. I was told several times during the call that they display what they are given. I told the individual that the product was not of use to me then and that I would like a refund. I got the response of "No, per the terms of..." which I understood. But, I will say that I have found that the service is not interested in customer feedback. I do NOT recommend them at all as there are better options available.

They miss-advertise "reliable/dependable" info! I found more accurate data searching local vital records. They do not: update data, provide limited data, and then charge a lot for lousy reports. They disclaim they cannot guarantee accuracy or how current info is and will not provide a refund for lame reports. If dissatisfied, a 2nd search free of charge is granted as courtesy, but didn't offer it when complaining to them, not that you would want one anyway. Further, they advertise upon purchase, a report will be emailed, then charge more to email it after the transaction. Charged $39.95 for a one-time report.

PeopleFinders.com Company Profile