1.14/5

Need a background check company?

PeopleFinders.com

PeopleFinders.com gives you the ability to run a Background Check on anyone, anywhere. You can easily find Public Records for just about every adult in the United States. Access our data 24/7 from any mobile device, tablet or computer. Use a PeopleFinders' Background Check to obtain useful facts about anyone before making important decisions.

Our detailed Background Reports include records from local, state, and national sources.

View More View More

94 PeopleFinders.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 6, 2019

I asked for a report on an individual that had been married 3 times, divorced 2 or 3 times had been arrested (I'm told) for public **. I was looking for confirmation of the last item. The resulting report showed none of this even though all of the wives were noted as associates. No marriage. No divorces. No arrests or convictions except speeding tickets. I asked for my money back. This site is bogus. Look for someone else to do searches for you.

Hello,

Unfortunately, some states do not allow marriage/divorce information to be available online, you would need to contact that specific county to see their policy. The same goes for criminal records. Different states have different laws regarding public records. We will also not have sealed/expunged records. Although we are unable to guarantee information, we are more than happy to look into your account to see what we can do for you. Please contact us.

PeoppleFinders.com

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Few things to point out about this pos site: If they fool you into purchasing a one time report for any amount they will automatically sign you up for a membership. In the first month you will be charged for your one time report and membership. They store your credit card info and will not allow you to delete it from their website. They send you one email to say you made an account with them and one email to say you purchased a report.

They do not send any emails after that. And they never send one with any details about this said subscription you signed up for, that is right not one! Like typical subscriptions who send thank you emails for your payment every month. So they fly under the radar until you catch on. When you catch on and call to dispute. They will make you believe at first that 3 months is all they will refund. Until you push a little harder than 6 months becomes a huge favor from them. The representatives and supervisors are trained to manipulate you into believing that you in fact agreed to this subscription. And they will also tell you that no other subscription services (every single one of mine does) send a thank you for payment email every month that you pay. Then they ask you and I quote if you will take any accountability here because it is your fault.

When you finally realize you are talking to someone who is trained to get you to believe that you are partially responsible, you will hang up and dispute it through your credit card instead. After you have wasted 2 hrs of your life you will do what I did and try to stop this from happening to others. I have not logged into my "PeopleFinders account" since the day I made the one time purchase and today when trying to dispute these charges. They charged me for a service that I never used or even thought about since making my one time purchase. And charged me for it every month without my consent or notification. They are a scam. They are fraudulent! They are trained in the art of making people believe they agreed to their scam. Do not I repeat do not fall into this trap.

Joni,

I am very sorry that this was your experience with our company. Our subscription services are all listed before registering and if chosen to sign up with, you must provide an electronic signature stating you understand the terms. The trial is also listed on your original purchase receipt. We understand if this was not intended and are happy to help where we can. I am happy to look into this for you if you would provide me with your email address.

Best regards,

PeopleFinders.com

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I tried to login in to People Search to find my long lost cousin. I was ready to pay, could not remember my password, had them send me my password, tried to log in and could not. Called cust service, was told I could not use my account because MY email was under someone else's name! I told them, "You just sent me an email for my password change, my only email for the last 20 something yrs." Asked for a supervisor. Was told next that email belonged to someone else, could not tell me who. I said, "This person committed a fraud, I needed the info to see what else had been done." Did they not ask for any other proof of identity? No was the answer. I told them they were horrible, and the worst business ever!! BEWARE!! Your emails are not SAFE!!! DO NOT USE THEM!! Be WARNED!!!

Denise,

Our policy is to close out any account that has been compromised. We apologize that you were not able to log in but you do have to option to create a brand new account if you so wish by using a different email address. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I wish I would have read all the 1 star reviews before spending 30$ on something Google tells me for free. This website has false advertisement. I wanted to look myself up knowing my history. This site promises so much information that they would be able to find, but has majorly failed to deliver. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY IT IS A SCAM. All you will see is your old phone numbers and relatives phone numbers. You have to keep paying money on top of what they already promise 30$ would find you. If you call they will give you some lame excuse so I just gave up and am eating a 30$ loss. Do your research before making these scammers more rich than they already continue to get off poor people's money!

Hi Kristy,

I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with your purchase. With public record data, nothing can be guaranteed. Our service offers consumers the ability to see what public information is available in one report, we do not guarantee any specific result. I am more than happy to look into your account to see if there is anything I can do for you. Please send me your email address that you used to register.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

To test out the service before purchasing I decided to check out someone that I already knew had a criminal history- None of their information was provided whatsoever, they didn't even have correct phone numbers so I contacted customer service and explained the problem and Jennifer ** the "Department Manager" hoping that they would be reasonable about the situation and the lady had no ** about the website's lack information- Correct or otherwise- I paid $30.00 for a BS report. I asked to speak with a supervisor and according to Mrs. **, she was the only one who could "help me" She was rude and inconsiderate and the website is a complete SCAM!

Hello,

Criminal record information is allocated differently within each state and county. They are the ones who determine what online databases can have depending on their laws. This is something that is out of our control and that we do not guarantee to have. We apologize that you did not get the results you were hoping for within your report. I am more than happy to look into your account if you would like to send me your email address on file.

PeopleFinders.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PeopleFinders.com?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I joined, but the second time I wanted to log in I forgot my password. When I entered my e-mail address to get a message reminding me of my password, the system claimed not to recognize my address. So it seems this company are indeed swindlers.

Hello,

If you would like to send us your full name along with your email address you have registered with, we are more than happy locate your account.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

They charge 95 cent just so you can view your prior addresses, but the hidden fee is that 9.95 that they are not upfront about. You can see your address at their first page when you do your search. Don't waste your time and money, they are going to charge you an additional fee for a criminal background check. I thought that is what I was going to see when I sign up. They showed me that same address history that was on the first page. When I called in to cancel there is also a 2.95 cancellation fee and the representative was rude and she hung up on me. Don't waste your time and money with this company. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!

Hello Garfield,

I sincerely apologize for you having this experience. Our website does offer multiple products at different price points. A background check is going to run a bit more expensive than a name search. I would be more that happy to look into your account for you to see what you had purchased. If it is not what you are looking for, I would be more than happy to assist you further. Please send me your email address on your account with us.

Regards,

PeopleFinders,com

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Purchased a monthly subscription 3 days ago. Go to log in today and it turns out my account was canceled and the site told me to call customer service. I promptly called customer service and was told that I would be issued a refund. Around 5 minutes later I received an email saying that a refund would NOT be issued and to call customer care??? So, I call again and end up speaking to the same lady, she tells me that a refund would not be issued and nothing she could do. I ask her why she said a refund could be issued but then turns around and doesn't do as promised, her answer? Talk to a manager...

Total scam artists! I called back again and spoke to another rep and oh boy did she not know how to do her job. I try to tell her that I needed a refund since my account was canceled and she goes into a screaming fit telling me "HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO GIVE YOU A REFUND IF YOU CANCELED YOUR ACCOUNT"?

I let this lady continue her fit for a bit and then I finally respond, "Ma'am, I did not cancel my account, when I logged in it was disabled and I couldn't use it". Oh boy did she go silent. "You mean you didn't cancel," she says, "Yep I did not". Next words, "Well I can't help. Talk to a manager." Don't use this company. Thankfully all of our calls are recorded, will be taking them to the bank ASAP and doing a chargeback. Hopefully I can get these recordings uploaded to YouTube tomorrow and let people hear these unprofessional customer reps firsthand.

Hello Alex,

I apologize that this seemed to be your experience with our company, this is certainly not how we conduct our business. I would be more than happy to look into your account and not only listen to the recorded call so that I can address this but also rectify the billing issue for you. Please send me your email address on file so that I may further assist you.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I searched a phone number, it said it would only cost $3.95 so I figured “why not? May as well. What’s 4 bucks?” So I paid the $3.95 for a reverse phone number lookup one-time report. The total in my cart was $3.95 TOTAL (so it said) but very dishonest and misleading and no fine print even either... Next thing I know I get an email that I was charged $12.95 for a membership when I never once agreed to a membership or to $12.95 and then on top of that charged me the $3.95 too and the report said name and address were available and then in the report, it’s blank!! What a rip off!!

After the fact I came across a different company that was amazing called TruePeopleSearch and it was FREE and instant and showed me a ton of information! It showed me name, address history for 10 years, cell phone numbers landlines, personal and work email addresses and relatives and possible associates. Blew my mind how this rip off company can charge and give you nothing. So mad. Dishonest company. Now I have to go through all this cancellation process by sending them an email?! Fun.

Hello Alynn,

I am very sorry that this was your experience with our company. I am more than happy to look into this issue for you. I would need your email address on file with us; if you could please send me a message with that information, I would be more than happy to rectify this for you.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I paid my subscription fee and couldn't log in. I forgot my password and went to retrieve it from mail and couldn't log back into the site. Said that that account was already registered and should try another account. Sorry. Will get out of this service as soon as possible. It SUCKS! Read too many reviews after the fact, that so many people have been taken from this site. You pay for the service and then you can't get the report, Not very good business.

Hello Louise,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I would love nothing more than to help you with your issue. If you would send me your email address on file, I can look into the issue for you. You may also contact our customer care at the number below and we can assist you directly.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Just like everyone else, I was taken by this company's bait and switch scam. The service they over charge for is very bad and their customer service is even worse. Very rude and uncaring service reps. Overall I would NEVER recommend this service, there are many other better companies out there, DO YOUR RESEARCH, don't be taken by this scam. They will charge you more than what and when you call back to cancel and get a refund they will tell you to take a hike... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Hello Joe,

I am sorry that this was your experience with our company. If you would please send me your email address associated with your account, I would be more than happy to look into the account for you to see what we can do.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I signed up for 1 month at $19.99. I was billed $39.00. When I emailed the company they said, "We don't give refunds, We're sorry you didn't get the results you wanted." Results? Lol. What results? I looked up myself and about 10 other close family and friends and all it showed on every report was old phone #s, addresses and possible relatives. It's a scam thru and thru. I can Google my name and find 10x the info. My "package" included death, marriage, divorce, liens, addresses, relatives' phone numbers, criminal records, etc. And none of those ever showed up except like I said old #s, possible relatives and some addresses.

This is legit a scam. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and whoever else I think I need to. I feel extremely taken advantage of and basically robbed... I even told them, "Keep the $19.99 I knew I was paying but refund the other $19." Ha. They don't give refunds. If you use this website you will be beyond angry. It's straight thievery on PeopleFinders.com part. I will continue to contact whoever I can until this is resolved. I am beyond upset at this point... I wish to God I had read some reviews because they all say what I'm saying "ripoff, scammed, lied to, overcharged and on and on and on." By the way they have a 1 * rating and that's just because you have to press that to go any further. So PeopleFinders.com make this right. You've done scammed enough people.

Hello Kelly,

I am very sorry that this was your experience with our company. If you would please send me your email address so that I can look into this for you, I would be more than happy to help.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Absolutely useless, most of the information is not correct or incomplete. I looked at my information to verify the accuracy of others and mine was completely outdated and most was incorrect. I cannot trust that whatever information they give on others is accurate.

Genny,

I am sorry that the information you received was not helpful to you. Unfortunately, public records cannot be guaranteed to have any specific type of information. You are simply paying for us to conduct a search on your behalf. If you would please send me your email address associated with your account, I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

100% scam. I was trying to figure out what was on my criminal background report. They did not have one arrest nor any charges and I've been arrested more times then use taken a ship at McDonald's. I called for a refund and it says they cannot guarantee or backup the information. I said what does this membership guarantee and she's like nothing...

Hello Alex,

I am sorry that you are not satisfied with your purchase with our company. Please send me your email address associated with your account so that I can look into this for you.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Every time you click on continue or a report you get a new price prompt. The only information returned was what I entered plus an address and cell phone which are no longer useful since he is dead. No information regarding birth, marriage, divorce or death was returned. No criminal records returned. When I ran it again it took me to a report on a site Persopo which required another subscription and money. What a scam. Do not use this company.

Hi Janet,

I am sorry that this was your experience with our company. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. If you would please send me your email address, I will be able to locate your purchase to see what I can do.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My friend and I were messing around on this site today and not only did it have very little information on it to begin with all the information it did have seemed to be pulled out of thin air. They overcharged us $35 from our original purchase! Then proceeded to deactivate our account with no refund! This is ridiculous and we are out more money then we signed up with. Do not use this website. You could very easily get any of this information off Google or Facebook and it would be more likely to be correct.

Hello Jeff,

I am very sorry to hear that this was your experience with our company. I hope to be given the opportunity to resolve this matter for you. If you would please send me your email address associated with the account, I can look into this for you.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Our company has used PeopleFinders for both business and personal use. This site is bogus. For $9.95, you will receive less information than a basic Google search. Moreover, if you contact customer care for a refund not only do you have to jump through hoops to verify account information, they will inform you that their information is compiled of public information. Basically, search Google. No refund will be issued simply because they "compiled a report," which took less than 30 seconds but more time than typing a name in on Google. Total scam!!!

Hello Jessica,

I apologize that this was your experience with our company. If you would please send me your email address associated with your account, I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

WORTHLESS!!! Their "report" shows none of my marriages, divorces, children, sisters, parents or any relative as "relatives" and no traffic violations. (I WAS born, wed, divorced and had traffic violations.) Shows numerous people as relatives who ARE NOT related. When I asked for a refund, they only offered to do ANOTHER search. May as well take your 9.95 and throw it right in the harbor!!! Their actual reply... "Our system searches through billions of public records and collects every piece of relevant information. The charge you paid was for us to conduct a search on your behalf, not to return a specific result. We are unable to provide a refund, but we will be happy to offer you another search at no additional cost." Wow! BILLIONS of records and every piece of relevant info and although they have all my addresses, they couldnt find birth/death/marriage/divorce/etc.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I am applying for a government job and needed to obtain public records like divorce, traffic, and criminal records of which I paid an extra amount $11.95 to receive a one time report, hoping it might save me some time with gathering the data and dates, and the report only included potential address and relative information that was only about 60% accurate. It produced 3 marriages with people that I had never even known. Only 10% of public record with no way to further pinpoint my identity or search parameters. And it continued to attempt to con me into further charges as I began looking for the missing information. I thought it would save me time, but it ended up costing 2 hours and $12.00 more than it was worth. Shouldn't try and get people to pay more for traffic and criminal checks only to be shafted.

Hello Robert,

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

If I could give no stars, I would. I know PeopleFinders will be replying to this review stating "we do not guarantee all the info will be in the report. Certain states, and or counties list the information that can be disclosed". Guys, just look at their weak ** response to the reviews on here. I just wasted 29.95 for no background check. I know what is on my background, I just wanted to confirm something.

When you pay the initial 29.95, they try and swoop you in to get their special. "Come and get 50% if you sign up for monthly reports." or, "Pay an additional 9.95 for reverse phone lookup." I'm telling you, do not, I repeat, DO NOT give them your money. There are better websites, and other resources than wasting your money here. If you are looking for a detailed report, do your due diligence and go to the counties which you may have had a case in. This website is garbage, and frankly, they should be ashamed of themselves for false advertising.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I paid the $3.95 for a reverse phone number lookup one-time report. The page button to order says "get report now". All I got is an email saying it will take 24 hrs and another email welcoming me to the membership. How dishonest is that? On top of it all, they mislead you by showing results found but you must pay to get them, but, the fine print says there may actually not be any results. Money for nothing. I did not agree to membership, I did not get my report NOW. I bet I do not get my requested refund, either. I hope karma exists. Finally, don't call them. They don't care.

Jay,

Some of our reports may take up to 24 hours to get information on. This is to ensure you are getting everything that may be out there on the individual you are searching on. If you would please send me your email on file, I would be more than happy to take a look into the issue for you.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

USELESS.COM, WASTEOFHOPE.COM, WASTEOFTIME.COM, NOTHING.FINDERS should be the name of y’alls website. Customer service answered quit to say no transfer me to a supervisor voicemail. I just want my 9.95 back so I can get myself lunch which is ACTUALLY beneficial. If you guys put as much effort into your superb advertising as you did in ACTUALLY doing a background check then you’d have better reviews. Just close your site down if it’s no good. Plain and simple. How are y’all going to advertise honestly and sell lies!!! Save your money and yourself some grief. You’d be better off calling a lawyer's office and doing a consultation about expungements and they’ll tell you what’s on your background for FREE!!! NOTHING.COM should be the name of this site.

Hello Britt,

We apologize you did not get the results you were hoping for with your search. Although we do not guarantee any specific results, I would be more than happy to look into this for you. Please send over your email address on file so that we can get this rectified.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

It LITERALLY found nothing. GREAT advertising though, if y’all put the money into ACTUALLY doing a background check y’all would have superb reviews... On hold right now for customer service!!! Checked on several people my girlfriend and roommate... NOTHING when we know there is... TF you guys... Just be legit!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I needed a search on a name that had four divorces known. The result came back with zero results. Needed those dates for official forms. Useless to me and $30 out of pocket. Complete waste of money... Offered no refunds. The site states divorce and marriage records. But none given. Do not give these people a dime.

Hi Neil,

our website does not guarantee any type of records since different states and counties have different stipulations on what they will release. This is all stated in our terms of use to review when you sign up. If you would please send me your email address on file with us, I would be more than happy to take a look into this for you.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I signed up for 1 month reports membership, which is $19.95 for 1st month and $29.95 each month thereafter until canceled. This membership claims to provide reports on a multitude of records, which includes things such as addresses, phone numbers, known associates, court records, arrest records, birth, death, marriage and death records, etc... I read and agreed to all the information presented, and accepted that there was a no refund policy. HOWEVER, what I did not expect was that PeopleFinders.com falsely advertises what they can provide; and if they actually do provide this information, then it must be in very rare instances, in which case I do not believe they should advertise this as a service without qualifying what that means. I only went to this site for the sole purpose of looking up the marriage and divorce records of one person before I signed a legal document attesting to the facts around that.

In the report I got, I was gravely disappointed to find that not only were the marriage and divorce records not included, but little else was included as well. In fact, everything in it was something I already knew! It was a complete waste of my money! Out of curiosity, I decided to bring up my own name and see what was in my report. After all I might as well make use of the money I spent, right? Again, I was very disappointed. Not only was there a lack of information on me, including both of my marriages and one divorce, no birth record, and even an obvious gap in my associates including my own family, but there was an overwhelming amount of people that were listed as my associates whom I've never met and never heard of. Simply put, my own record was lacking in accurate information and contained a number of inaccuracies.

I proceeded to research the site on how I could correct my record, but all I found out is PeopleFinders.com denies responsibility for the accuracy of the information on their site, because they gather this information from a variety of sources, and they will not change any of the information. I wrote them an email advising them of my experience and suggested they improve the accuracy of their records. Their response was to send me a form letter repeating what I already knew.

So, I sent a second email expressing my disappointment in their response and the fact that they did not address my concerns directly. I reiterated my concern and expressed my concern that when someone pays money to access information about me (or anyone) that is incorrect, then they can make inaccurate assumptions about me (or the person they are researching) and PeopleFinders.com assumes no responsibility for it. I told them I felt it was unethical. In that email I made suggestions on how to improve their business practices by verifying the information they obtain, and being willing to correct false information, as well as adding links to the source of that information.

Their response was nearly as unresponsive as their first. And their explanation was ludicrous. So, I decided to look at reviews given this website, which unsurprisingly and consistently earned 1 star ratings. With every complaint about PeopleFinders.com they responded with the same message over and over: "Please send us your email so we can address the problem." I feel that robotic response only confirms that PeopleFinders.com is truly not interested in helping, making their business better or more ethical or truly communicating. I'm utterly fed up.

Michelle,

We show that we have already addressed this issue with you through the Better Business Bureau. We have refunded and closed the account. Please let us know if you require further assistance.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I retrieved my credit report through an online service while car shopping. This site came and state I needed to pay a $1 fee to continue to retrieve my report. I got the report and IMMEDIATELY cancelled the service yet my card was billed monthly at $39.95. When I called customer service to request a refund I was given the runaround. I escalated my call to a supervisor who basically told me I was out of luck. He refused to refund the charges, was rude and condescending. I closed my card to avoid any more unauthorized charges but can't seem to get this company to refund what they took without my permission.

Teresa,

Our company does not offer any type of credit report services. I would be happy to look into this for you to see if you had made any type of purchase with PeopleFinders.com. However, it does like like you've contacted a different company. If you would please privately send me your email address that you used to make the purchase with, I would be more than happy to double check for you.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I obtained a background check with inaccurate criminal information that I know are 10 years out of date. I would like to know the source of where this information is coming from to get this inaccurate information corrected.

Gwendolyn,

Each state has different laws set into place as to what they can release. We allocate criminal records from three sources in each state, the DOC , the AOC and the DPS. These different departments release different types of records such as felonies, misdemeanors and traffic infractions. Every state has limitations on what they can release, you will need to check with your state departments regarding public coverage to see what is available.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

NEVER use this company. THIS IS A SCAM. I paid $3 for a reverse phone lookup in 2015 and they’ve been charging my credit card $25 per month for THREE YEARS. When I contacted customer service, they were useless.

Hello Corinna,

We do have a lot of different products on the website, it sounds as though there may have been a membership signed up with. I am more than happy to look into this for you. I would need you to privately send me your email address on file with us.

PeopleFinders.com

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

A family member has a history of dating people who claim to be divorced but are still married. Wanted to see if family member's boyfriend was divorced or not. This site was recommended by a county. Paid for a PDF form because this was my first experience with these types of sites so just opted for a PDF record copy. When I received the report, it stated how there was no marriage or divorced record found. That was the whole point of purchasing this report. All it told me was information I already knew and didn't need. Very disappointed with this outcome. Waste of time and $10.45. Would not recommend and claiming to be "free public search" is also very misleading because these types of sites always want you to pay for some sort of membership. Glad I did not opt for the trial or any other services. Will be checking next month to make sure they did not opt in in some sort of membership service to collect money.

Hello Janny,

Although PeopleFinders provides public records, we do not create or modify them in any way. We are only able to display the information provided in each record, so we cannot guarantee their accuracy or any type of record that may or may not be available. We do not see this information until you pay to run the search. We are more than happy to look into this for you. Please privately provide me with your email address on file so that I may assist you further.

Regards,

PeopleFinders

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Horrible service. I ran a background check on a potential tenant. All the personal info such as full name, date of birth, relatives, etc was correct. It was for the person I was running a check on. The criminal background check however was for a different person. The race was wrong and the date of birth didn't match. I called their customer service and they refused to refund my money or fix the issue. They recommended another website which just happens to be owned by them.

Hello Mary,

It is actually against our terms of use to run a background check for tenant screening purposes because we are not an FCRA compliant company. In that case, we would definitely cancel out your account and refer you to a company that does screenings. Please privately send me your email address on file so that I may look into this for you.

PeopleFinders.com expert review by Ben Mannes

PeopleFinders is a Data-as-a-Service company that has access to public records on nearly every adult living in the United States. They also offer reverse phone lookup services and criminal record search. Based in Sacramento, California, the company has been in operation since 1988.

• Free preview: Clients who are interested in using the service can test it out before they pay. The company offers a Free 4-Step Preview, which lets people enter the name of the person they're looking for and then view the list of results to see if their person appears. Clients must then pay to access customer contact information. A one-time report is available for a small fee.

• Social media searches: PeopleFinders includes a nearly instant social media search, which can return all public and free results from social media sites, including blogs, online bios and videos.

• Flat rate pricing: PeopleFinders is available for a flat-rate fee of $9.95 per month for basic services. Premium service is available for $29.95 per month and includes unlimited access to current and past contact information, background check reports, birth/death records, marriage/divorce records, criminal records and more.

• Automatic renewal services: PeopleFinders offers customers the option of having their plan automatically renewed, so they don't have to remember to make payments each month.

• Reverse phone lookup: Anyone can perform a reverse phone search to find out who has been calling them. Find out the phone type and phone carrier for free, or pay a small fee for a full report.

• Best for: parents, individuals and people utilizing online dating sites.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
    Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

PeopleFinders.com Company Information