1.9/5 (99 ratings)

About US Search

US Search is an online tool that provides background checks and person searches. It pulls information from public records, including criminal records, social media profiles, property records and more. You can search by name, address or phone number. The site offers free basic searches, but you'll have to pay for a membership to get more in-depth information.

Pros

• Free basic search
  • Hassle-free cancellation
  • Sources updated daily
  • Trial membership available

Cons

• Extra fees for premium report

Bottom Line

US Search provides basic free person searches and paid premium reports with information gleaned from billions of public records. Members get access to unlimited background reports and extended data searches.

How does US Search work?

US Search offers some free services and paid premium services. The company uses a proprietary search engine to comb through billions of public records, websites and other sources. You can search by a person’s name to find their current and past addresses, phone number, household members and home value; search by phone to find name, address, utility verification and more. You can also find names associated with specific addresses.

When you enter a name, US Search generates a free report that includes basic information like relatives, age and location history. The paid subscription includes extended data searches for further details, including social media accounts, sex offender data, criminal records, images, friends, financial assets, court records and contact information. You can choose from instant search reports, advanced person searches or background checks.

US Search provides additional information for extra fees. When you sign up, your report is available for instant online viewing with the option to download and print.

US Search costs

A paid US Search subscription includes unlimited person and phone searches for $19.95 per month or $49.85 per quarter. Additional services require other fees; for instance, access to national criminal records costs $19.95, marriage and divorce records cost $2.95 and email address information costs $2.95. A trial membership is $1.99.

US Search FAQ

Can you remove your information from US Search?
US Search uses public records and info to conduct person searches — a person cannot opt out of inclusion in these databases.
Does US Search provide criminal background information?
Yes, US Search accesses arrest records, though these records don’t necessarily confirm a conviction.
How does US Search get its information?
US Search accesses public records like court records and weapons permits. The company has developed a proprietary search engine to query billions of records and websites. Its criminal background information comes from state and local databases nationwide.
Is US Search a safe site?
US Search is confidential. The site provides a private and safe 256-bit encrypted connection.

Is US Search legit?

While US Search is not a substitute for a background check when hiring or screening potential tenants, the service is legit and provides free basic background info. For those who want further details, a paid subscription includes reports that show date of birth, address history, arrest records, phone numbers, court records, government license info and social media profiles. The company’s proprietary search engine accesses public records from state and local databases and cross-references multiple data sources to ensure accuracy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Search?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Search?

Original review: June 3, 2022

So incredibly helpful with my job as I have a VERY large customer base. Working in customer service as well as finances, it's crucial that I can connect with my previous customers and this platform helps me be able to connect with my customers that may have moved, changed numbers, or emails.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I received so much detail for the best price. I will definitely use this in the future for my personal safety. I used it to make sure I wasn’t being scammed by someone. I had to make sure they were really who they said they were before I gave them my money for a product. Thank you for easing my mind. I fully trust them now.

Original review: March 16, 2022

Great search tool! Pricing is affordable and easy to use. You are gonna need to pay 3.99 for each feature which is much cheaper than the other sites I've been to. The amount of data that is provided matches the other sites and seems at least this far to be accurate. Anyway, monthly service is reasonably priced. I am very happy with finding this site.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

This report seems to have all of the information that I'm looking for and need in order to verify this person's location. The report provides addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and contacts. This information is valid in reaching the person being searched.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

For the past six months, I have been looking for missing classmates so that they can be informed of an upcoming 50 year reunion. I have used your search engine and was able to find over 400 graduates and will be sending them an invitation next months. I'm glad that your site contained current information and was easy to use. Thanks.

LHJ

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

The girl was polite and helpful. I signed up by mistake and she said she would cancel for me. She was friendly and seemed to be knowledgeable and always asked permission to open my file and send the survey.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

Information sketchy at best. Got better information on other websites for free. Cost is too high for the information received. Did a good job tracing nearest relatives. Property ownership records inconclusive. I just wasn’t happy with the quality of the presentation. Upgrades were costly and also inconclusive. Not a good investment.

US Search response

We’re sorry you didn’t find the information you were looking for. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but sometimes the data just isn’t available to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

US Search Support

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

So far the address search has been more informative than the "people" search. The entire state being included in the Stats of a specific area is distracting. Some of the content runs into the sidebar and is unreadable. However I did find the information very helpful and easy to navigate.

US Search response

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate honest feedback — it allows us to do our job better. We’re sorry to hear that you experienced technical issues during your search, but we want to let you know that we’re committed to making things right. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

US Search Support

Original review: May 7, 2022

You will not find another site with better more extensive results. I absolutely love using this site. PLUS I guess they offer a free trial... Yeah you must find out for yourself how awesome this site is for background reports.

Original review: May 1, 2022

The search tool was good. I used it for our class reunion and was able to locate all but 3 people from our class. Some of the addresses or phone numbers were not the most recent - so I just kept on trying other addresses that were listed. Thanks.

US Search response

We’re sorry to hear you were unable to obtain information on certain people. Our data providers are always updating their information, but some state and local governments do not release their records to the public, or they may not update their databases annually, which can create gaps in our data. A manager from our member care team will contact you privately to resolve this issue.

US Search Company Information