2.1/5 (109 ratings)

About US Search

US Search is an online tool that provides background checks and person searches. It pulls information from public records, including criminal records, social media profiles, property records and more. You can search by name, address or phone number. The site offers free basic searches, but you'll have to pay for a membership to get more in-depth information.

Pros

• Free basic search
  • Hassle-free cancellation
  • Sources updated daily
  • Trial membership available

Cons

• Extra fees for premium report

Bottom Line

US Search provides basic free person searches and paid premium reports with information gleaned from billions of public records. Members get access to unlimited background reports and extended data searches.

How does US Search work?

US Search offers some free services and paid premium services. The company uses a proprietary search engine to comb through billions of public records, websites and other sources. You can search by a person’s name to find their current and past addresses, phone number, household members and home value; search by phone to find name, address, utility verification and more. You can also find names associated with specific addresses.

When you enter a name, US Search generates a free report that includes basic information like relatives, age and location history. The paid subscription includes extended data searches for further details, including social media accounts, sex offender data, criminal records, images, friends, financial assets, court records and contact information. You can choose from instant search reports, advanced person searches or background checks.

US Search provides additional information for extra fees. When you sign up, your report is available for instant online viewing with the option to download and print.

US Search costs

A paid US Search subscription includes unlimited person and phone searches for $19.95 per month or $49.85 per quarter. Additional services require other fees; for instance, access to national criminal records costs $19.95, marriage and divorce records cost $2.95 and email address information costs $2.95. A trial membership is $1.99.

US Search FAQ

Can you remove your information from US Search?
US Search uses public records and info to conduct person searches — a person cannot opt out of inclusion in these databases.
Does US Search provide criminal background information?
Yes, US Search accesses arrest records, though these records don’t necessarily confirm a conviction.
How does US Search get its information?
US Search accesses public records like court records and weapons permits. The company has developed a proprietary search engine to query billions of records and websites. Its criminal background information comes from state and local databases nationwide.
Is US Search a safe site?
US Search is confidential. The site provides a private and safe 256-bit encrypted connection.

Is US Search legit?

While US Search is not a substitute for a background check when hiring or screening potential tenants, the service is legit and provides free basic background info. For those who want further details, a paid subscription includes reports that show date of birth, address history, arrest records, phone numbers, court records, government license info and social media profiles. The company’s proprietary search engine accesses public records from state and local databases and cross-references multiple data sources to ensure accuracy.

US Search Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Search?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

This site has in the past and is currently helping me out. I have received a lot of weird calls and emails and even though I know the information may not be up to date so far everything has been right. Plus I had an issue accessing my account and customer service was very helpful and accommodating.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I have used US Search quite a lot over the years, have found a lot of my old Military friends and have had great reunions. I subscribed recently to find an old friend in Florida, no luck with phone number or an address, take into consideration the hurricane had recently hit Florida and completely wiped out the area I was searching for, I subscribed for that search. Called customer service and did a cancelation of my subscription. The customer service was great, friendly and answered all my question. Thanks again, Happy customer.

Original review: June 3, 2022

So incredibly helpful with my job as I have a VERY large customer base. Working in customer service as well as finances, it's crucial that I can connect with my previous customers and this platform helps me be able to connect with my customers that may have moved, changed numbers, or emails.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I received so much detail for the best price. I will definitely use this in the future for my personal safety. I used it to make sure I wasn’t being scammed by someone. I had to make sure they were really who they said they were before I gave them my money for a product. Thank you for easing my mind. I fully trust them now.

Original review: March 16, 2022

Great search tool! Pricing is affordable and easy to use. You are gonna need to pay 3.99 for each feature which is much cheaper than the other sites I've been to. The amount of data that is provided matches the other sites and seems at least this far to be accurate. Anyway, monthly service is reasonably priced. I am very happy with finding this site.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

The rep was very helpful. She help me located the account and she explained to me everything I asked and was very patient and understanding. Even when she answered the phone she was very pleasant and listened to everything I had to say.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Having all of the top background search applications and subscriptions and this is the first to have any information regarding the individual I have been investigating. The information obtained has been very helpful with providing our client with substantial information on this individual history and locations.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I have had some success in finding a person but the information was not up to date. Your receptionists have all been very professional and nice. I still use the app when I need to look someone up. It serves the purpose but phone numbers and addresses are almost all outdated.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Amazing! Quickly helped me with my issue and was very knowledgeable in the service. Raven was very personally and professional. Keep up the great work Raven!!! The experience of a pleasant voice and attitude towards helping goes a long way! Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I misplaced my folder for this account. Consequently, I lost access to my password and username. The folks in customer service were most helpful and I was able to get everything back. I was also able to confirm the site does not sell email addresses.

US Search Company Information