2. Background Check Companies

1.7/5 (90 ratings)

About US Search

US Search is an online tool that provides background checks and person searches. It pulls information from public records, including criminal records, social media profiles, property records and more. You can search by name, address or phone number. The site offers free basic searches, but you'll have to pay for a membership to get more in-depth information.

Pros

• Free basic search
  • Hassle-free cancellation
  • Sources updated daily
  • Trial membership available

Cons

• Extra fees for premium report

Bottom Line

US Search provides basic free person searches and paid premium reports with information gleaned from billions of public records. Members get access to unlimited background reports and extended data searches.

How does US Search work?

US Search offers some free services and paid premium services. The company uses a proprietary search engine to comb through billions of public records, websites and other sources. You can search by a person’s name to find their current and past addresses, phone number, household members and home value; search by phone to find name, address, utility verification and more. You can also find names associated with specific addresses.

When you enter a name, US Search generates a free report that includes basic information like relatives, age and location history. The paid subscription includes extended data searches for further details, including social media accounts, sex offender data, criminal records, images, friends, financial assets, court records and contact information. You can choose from instant search reports, advanced person searches or background checks.

US Search provides additional information for extra fees. When you sign up, your report is available for instant online viewing with the option to download and print.

US Search costs

A paid US Search subscription includes unlimited person and phone searches for $19.95 per month or $49.85 per quarter. Additional services require other fees; for instance, access to national criminal records costs $19.95, marriage and divorce records cost $2.95 and email address information costs $2.95. A trial membership is $1.99.

US Search FAQ

Can you remove your information from US Search?
US Search uses public records and info to conduct person searches — a person cannot opt out of inclusion in these databases.
Does US Search provide criminal background information?
Yes, US Search accesses arrest records, though these records don’t necessarily confirm a conviction.
How does US Search get its information?
US Search accesses public records like court records and weapons permits. The company has developed a proprietary search engine to query billions of records and websites. Its criminal background information comes from state and local databases nationwide.
Is US Search a safe site?
US Search is confidential. The site provides a private and safe 256-bit encrypted connection.

Is US Search legit?

While US Search is not a substitute for a background check when hiring or screening potential tenants, the service is legit and provides free basic background info. For those who want further details, a paid subscription includes reports that show date of birth, address history, arrest records, phone numbers, court records, government license info and social media profiles. The company’s proprietary search engine accesses public records from state and local databases and cross-references multiple data sources to ensure accuracy.

US Search Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Search?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Search?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I was incredibly impressed with US Search. I was able to find information here that didn’t surface through any other background search. Keep this one in your back pocket. The individual I was concerned about is probably still scouring the internet trying to find the leak. I highly recommend this service,. It was worth the money in my situation. Additionally, their customer service is amazing. They are knowledgeable, prompt, and extremely helpful. The representative I spoke with to cancel my subscription absolutely made my day, quickly solving my issue. It’s nice to know this company values quality and service over a quick buck. I anticipate that this way of business will take this company to the top for the long haul.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Well I was being scammed by a romance scammer. That tried and tried to get me to cash a check and send a Apple gift card. But I've read too many articles on this subject so I didn't send them a dime nor gift cards. Thank you for letting me know. I was correct on my feeling I was trying to be scammed. I will recommend your service to friends and family.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I would like to give the highest customer service assistance rating to Ms. Alex, who did a SUPERB job of walking me thru, by phone, how to correct an error on my part during my initial subscription phone number verification which resulted in my having to do a verification code each time I logged into my account, plus she also answered my call right away to boot! Wish all customer service everywhere could be like her! -Thank you for your time and for this feedback opportunity, sincerely, Lee **.

Original review: June 16, 2021

This has been by far the most informational site I have come across yet. I've tried many others and have never gotten as much information as this site gives. Amazing and awesome is the best way to describe it. I would recommend trying this site first or if you're still looking for some information that you just can't seem to find anywhere else.

Original review: March 1, 2021

US Search is my go-to source when I need to look up information. I really like the many ways to search and how easy it is to purchase the information once I am confident that I have found the correct match. I like that I don't have to buy a monthly membership, but have the option available if I need it.

US Search response

We’re so happy to hear that our service helped you find what you were looking for. Thank you for the positive feedback and high rating! If you ever have a question or need help with our website, our US-based member care team can be reached at (888) 712-0108

Sincerely,

US Search Support

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Great service. Never let me down. The only issue I have IS NOT with the searches or reports, but with the login. It used to be simple from any device. Now I have to be in my computer to use it because I do not have all my email accounts in my phone.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Best information always!!! It's nice to know who you are dealing with plus it gives you the inside track on how to do transactions with them!! OKAY! I mean the info is really, really great to have. It's very, very, very well good data to have!!!!

Original review: June 18, 2021

Able to find relatives on my mother's side, all my siblings so far. Haven't connected with them yet to determine if the information is accurate but I'm trusting that it is. Looking forward to using the service to find more relatives.

Original review: June 15, 2021

I was amazed I was actually able to find a name. I have been getting harassing calls and texts for days. Many very anger and nasty. Thank you for finding a name to my pain. Hopefully I will able to contact the proper people and get this guy taken care off.

Original review: June 1, 2021

Search is easier than previous programs. I have used over the past 15 years and it is better now when using narrow search patterns. There needs to be a means to correct personal information. There is no current easy to fix problems in data.

US Search Company Information