1.13/5

Need a background check company?

USSearch.com

Need a background check company?

143 USSearch.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 26, 2019

I chose USSearch because of what I can only assume was a purchased phony website review of their company. It rated higher than BeenVerified and since I used that for four months with satisfactory results, I thought I would try the higher rated company. What a mistake. I canceled within an hour after not even a Facebook page came back and the person I was researching has a public profile. He has an extensive criminal background as does his wife and all that USSearch could kick back was an address which I've had for two years. Do not waste your money with this company. I've opened a dispute with my credit card company for a refund. I wish I had checked ConsumerAffairs before wasting my time and energy. This company's service isn't worth a quarter let alone $29.95.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I purchased a one time $4.95 search for a number that I suspected for a scam. US Search said they would refund the $4.95 if they could not find the results which they did. I checked my account and noticed they charged a $22.02 membership fee as well. I never signed up for the membership and they refused to refund the fee. I only signed for the one time search. This is a scam as I requested to be contacted back by a supervisor and they refused. They have basically stolen the money and refuse to reach out via phone. Do not ever trust this site, as it is a phony search con scam web page.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I paid $95.00 on my Wells Fargo debit card - on January 19, 2019 and received a report that I could get for $4.95 and up to $20.00 for more information assets online is not what was represented to me on the phone by Fred or on their ad online website. Search Google where it is also misrepresentation. To this day I have not received the report and I am reporting this company to the police dept. Consumer Affairs, BBB, FCC, rip off and every agency that will listen. I want my refund and the money put back on my debit card immediately!

Resolution response: Oct. 2, 2018

After around 24 hours US Search responded to my request said they are processing my refund.
      That still doesn't change the poor site design and incomplete and inaccurate report I paid $39.95 for!
      However my real gripe now is with consumeraffairs.com

I want to delete this comment they make it difficult.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I wanted to get a background check on myself and I decided to give USSearch a try. While I was trying to complete the order there were confusing popups and offers that I had to click away. Just when I thought I was finally ready to complete the order, they placed a LARGE button directly above to the complete order button (which was tiny by comparison). Somehow the big button got clicked on. Now it seems impossible to get a hold of customer service to get things resolved.

(This big button added extra an subscription service of $19.95 a month to my one time order of $39.95).

Moreover the background information they provided me with was not very comprehensive and contained errors. My honest opinion is that they DELIBERATELY make the order page confusing and hard to navigate for customers so that they get extra charges, and then just don't respond in hope that the charges stick! I HIGHLY recommend looking elsewhere for a background report.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

This company makes its money on STEALING personal information and providing it to the general public. This type of business should be illegal in the US and should be sued for an amount from which the company (and individuals working there) would never recover from!! The only way this company agrees to remove people's stolen personal information is if they agree to send the company a copy of your DRIVER'S LICENSE!! Further invasion of privacy!! Disgusting, disgraceful that such an enterprise can call itself a "business". Incredible that they have not been sued to kingdom come! I guess that's on the horizon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USSearch.com?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I had used USSEARCH once in the past and I was unhappy... they had NOTHING on the person I asked about. I called and they credited my credit card back and at my request my account there was deleted. Sat I wanted to try again... I knew the nightmare stories about recurring monthly charges. I was extra careful not to click on anything that would cause that issue. I placed the order and I got the material and a bill for $39.95. Immediately I started getting concerned about those recurring charges. I called them today. I have to confess they were professional and assured me that $39.95 was a ONE TIME fee and there would not be any recurring charges... BINGO! Case closed. Be careful what you click on and do not fall for OMNISEARCH because I'm sure they are a monthly service.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

The search I received was for the wrong person. They couldn't find the right person even though they are in the white pages. The customer service rep was clueless. Terrible company and a huge waste of money. I did better in 10 minutes on my cell phone.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I had to complete a background check for an IC position. I was responsible for the $25. The beginning of my social is similar to my birthday. I guess when I typed the # I immediately continued with Bday rather than SS #. As soon as I got the info (within seconds) I emailed them for help. They replied with a copy and paste, "Hi Teresa, You will need to reach out to the hiring party for further instructions." I replied again, asking for further info. Again they sent, "Hi Teresa, You will need to reach out to the hiring party for further instructions."

I asked for further clarification rather than a copy and paste, since *I* am paying for the check if they could credit my card so that I could redo the check. I realize this was my fault. I totally get that. But come on, good customer service would see what I'd done and allow me to fix it. However, they are right. I will be letting the IC company know of their business practices. Perhaps they can find a more reliable, customer friendly company to contract with.

Original review: June 25, 2017

As a private investigator, I gave this service at try… To say that I'm not impressed is an understatement. The results of my search did not include known arrests for the subject I was trying to locate and it didn't include current address either. I send their customer service a request for a refund with proof of the information I located. They would not refund but offered a credit for a free (less than useful) search. I will not take the credit. I asked that they close my account (their website doesn't seem to let users do it themselves - or it's well hidden), and that they permanently delete all my information from their records.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I went to this site to find out some information I needed right away. I went through the sign-up process, then a pop-up appeared saying my registration could not be completed, and I should call the office during business hours. I went to another site, and got what I needed. I never thought I was signed up with this site, per their own message, yet they have been charging me for the past 3 months, and I just now noticed. This is very deceptive, in my opinion. I won't ever be using them, no matter how long they charge me. There is no order number, because I didn't order anything!

USSearch.com expert review by Ben Mannes

US Search offers several services, including people search, background checks, criminal record search, social network search, property record search and reverse phone lookup. Individual reports can be garnered instantly for under $3 each. US Search is not a Consumer Reporting Agency and should not be used to make decisions related to employment, tenant screening or other purposes outlined in the FCRA.

• Fast results: People who run background checks on US Search can get the results of their checks within 24 hours of their search. Results are delivered via email.

• Regularly updated information: People move regularly, and US Search updates regularly to ensure the information shared is as recent as possible.

• Range of services offered: Customers utilizing US Search can take advantage of a range of services. The site includes things like criminal background, reverse phone lookup, background check, property records, social networks search and more.

• Flat rate pricing: Individual reports cost as little as $3 per report. Those needing more reports can choose an unlimited package for $19.95 per month, or they can pay quarterly for $49.85 to receive unlimited searches for three months at a time.

• Social media search: Find every social media profile using US Search’s social network search. This service quickly locates all social networking profiles for an individual and can be used to reconnect with friends and relatives.

• Best for: individuals, HR representatives at large companies, employers and people utilizing online dating sites.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
      Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

USSearch.com Company Information