3.63/5

Need a background check company?

PeopleSmart

Need a background check company?

25 PeopleSmart Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 18, 2019

Recently I received notice on PeopleSmart's website that they are being acquired by BeenVerified and that all accounts/memberships with them are being cancelled as of June 30, 2019. Since I just renewed my membership in February for a full year I would expect a prorated refund of the annual membership fee or to learn that I my membership would be transferred to BeenVerified with similar benefits. I have attempted to email PS twice now about this and they do not respond. They have removed their phone number from their website so it is not possible to contact them in any other way. This acquisition did not happen overnight and has likely been in the works for sometime. To take membership fees from people knowing that your company is no longer going to be in business is fraud!!

Resolution response: Feb. 28, 2018

Money has now been refunded, although the did initially dispute the PayPal claim back.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I searched for a report for my father who resided in the USA until he passed away, I found his details then purchased a report. I was directed to the PeopleSmart website and paid and set up an account. As soon as payment went through I received an error saying I couldn't access because I was outside of USA. I put a dispute in with PayPal and they defended it so they want to keep my money but not give me anything for it.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I like and would tell a friend that it is very user friendly and easy to use. Someone who had little experience with the internet could even figure this website out and it was a quick process too. For people who have a very common name such as "Smith" or "Williams", I wish it was easier to find exactly who you are looking for. I did have some trouble locating specific individuals with this issue. But I am able to search for the majority of people quickly and easily. The cost is not too much either.

Original review: July 31, 2017

It was very easy to use and figure out. It was extremely helpful and it did exactly what I needed it to do all in all. I hope it doesn't change. It was a very good experience and so far it's my favorite website.

Original review: July 30, 2017

The site is easy to navigate and the results come up in a reasonable amount of time. It gives a variety of ways for you to narrow your search and it seems to be in most cases fairly accurate. Every time I have looked for a person on the site I was able to find them. However, I do not like that I feel tricked by the site. For instance, I am just searching for a phone number and go through a series of questions and BAM! Just like that I am there and don't want to be because I am only looking for a phone number. Otherwise, I like the service it provides and the option of paying less and getting limited searches rather than paying for a full membership price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PeopleSmart?

Original review: July 29, 2017

I really liked how it doesn't cost much, and it gives you the honest truth on the person's past. A friend used another website and was not as please with the results that she got. I wish it was free, but I'll gladly pay, when I need this kind of information on an individual. Very happy with what I paid for and definitely worth your bang for your buck. Well done!!

Original review: July 28, 2017

The website is very user friendly. I like how easy it is to navigate their website and to actually be able to put precise input in the proper fields. Also, there is absolutely NO CHARGES made unbeknownst to the person using the site. The prices fair and you get a special discount for signing up as a first time user. I love how the creators work very hard to confirm AND protect identity. To say the least, this website is one of the best hands down that I've used.

Original review: July 26, 2017

PeopleSmart was fairly easy to use and direct. I liked the general concept and it was easy to follow the directions. I also liked that it didn't involve too much reading. Sometimes these sites get very wordy and I skim over important pieces. I was able to complete the background check fine. Did what it needed to do and I completed the prompts easily, but it was slow to load when I was on it. I am not sure if this was a personal internet issue though. All in all, I would recommend PeopleSmart to a friend in need of a similar service.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I like everything about it. It was one of the best experiences I have ever gotten. It was so easy to get the information and they were able to find out things that other sites can't. I would love to use it again.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Some are priced too high but this one was within an affordable rate, if it wasn't free. Also, easy, was accurate and it was clear and easy to read with very little discrepancy. It was cool and a Good experience and I found out what I was looking for in detail and I was referred to other avenues for other answered. It did what I needed it to do.

PeopleSmart expert review by Ben Mannes

PeopleSmart is an online search engine of public records, and it specializes in reuniting lost friends and family members. They also offer reverse phone lookup and access to public records.

• FCRA-compliant background checks via GoodHire: PeopleSmart offers background check services specifically for employers via GoodHire.com. The checks are FCRA-compliant.

• Additional services: In addition to background checks and employer screenings, PeopleSmart also partners with IdentitySmart to offer an identity management tool helping people protect their identities and manage their online reputation.

• Focus on privacy: PeopleSmart offers a section of its website dedicated to educating customers about privacy so they can more easily understand how to use the information they find.

• Search services: PeopleSmart allows customers to look up other people via various modes of communication, including name, city, phone number, email, address and more.

• PeopleSmart PRO: Professionals can join PeopleSmart PRO for a flat rate of $99.99 per month to gain access to digitized public court records, 250 searches using a phone number, 250 searches using an email address, 500 emails sent to recipients on your behalf and more. Note that PeopleSmart PRO cannot be used for certain employment and tenant screening purposes as covered by the FCRA.

• Best for: HR representatives at large companies, small business owners (via GoodHire.com), landlords and people utilizing online dating sites.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
      Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

PeopleSmart Company Information