Instant Checkmate Visit Website
  2. Background Check Companies
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.27/5

Our US-based member care team is available to assist you Mon-Sun 5am to 10pm PST (8am - 1am EST).

Instant Checkmate is one of the largest Public Records Search Services in the world. Our service operates by aggregating public records from all over the United States. When you run a new search, public records are pulled from multiple data sources, and this information is then compiled and displayed in a single, easy-to-read report.

Our goal is to help users learn the truth about the people in their lives, and reports may include information such as phone numbers, addresses, contact information, previous arrests, criminal convictions, traffic citations, sex offender status, and much more.

Please note that it is prohibited by law to use Instant Checkmate or the information it provides to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or for any other purpose subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC 1681 et seq.

Instant Checkmate Gallery (5)
View More View More
Instant Checkmate Visit Website

Instant Checkmate Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I was searching for a friend of mine to reconnect with. Your service gave me enough information to assist me with my search. The person I was looking for had contacts that were all dead ends. I did find a link to one of her sisters and pulled her information. I was able to contact her sister who informed me that my dear friend died in 2016. Even though it was not the outcome that I wanted, I now can go through the grieving process and get closure. Thank you for all of your help.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Thought all was lost trying to find real owner of RV I purchased in early Nov. 2019. Was given a old non valid title and no other info from guy I bought it from disappeared and person he had gotten invalid title wouldn't cooperate either. Was able to obtain name of valid title holder. Then with the help of Instant Checkmate I got more information than friends at a large police dept. could even come close to. They were amazed when I told them how much info I got. Social Media, all related phone #'s, Spouses, criminal backgrounds, way more than I expected. Got everything resolved and taken care of. Will highly recommend this service. Their phone help is superb!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

A friend of mine gave me some information on a gentleman I have been dating for over a year. It was not complete so I decided to look into his background for my self. Instant Checkmate did a thorough job and the information I received was just what I needed to be able to make an informed decision about this person that I was getting serious about. Even the cancellation process was easy and the sweet lady that assisted me was great. With employees like this fine young lady your company will do great. I will highly recommend your service to my friends who utilize Facebook and other chat rooms. Thank you for all your assistance.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I forgot when I signed up that I'm going through a loan application that requires no additional charges or purchases until the loan process is done. The customer rep was very efficient, friendly, kind, and quick! She offered a reduced cost for the service, but I cannot do so now. I will return in the future because I like your service! I needed to check on some family's history and I found what I needed. Thank you for your service, I found it safe and worthwhile. GM, Arizona. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Dear Checkmate, Thank you for the recent phone conversation I had with one of your reps; Mary Ann. I used your service in May and I just got a notification in my email that $34.78 had been charged to my Pay Pal account. Mary Ann explained that the original agreement was to call within 30 days to cancel my May registration. I had not remembered to do that. So, she canceled my checkmate account and made a refund to Paypal. I am not use to seeing this type of service. No hassle, no accusing remarks, insults, time delay. Wow! You are a great organisation in my mind. Regardless that I am canceling my membership. We need more honest, reputable companies like you to actually put the customer first in the world. I give you 5 stars plus. With deep gratitude, John.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

The website was easy to use and accurate. I'd recommend it to anyone. Whether for dating, or checking out a potential tradesman, it's a great tool to have at your disposal. It could save you money, as well as a lot of heartache later.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I used this process to determine the person and length of time that my husband cheated on me. I was successful in finding out the year it started bu not so sure about the ending date. If I have more things that needs to be checked I'll use this service.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

BEWARE! Very deceptive on their cancellation procedure. I cancelled my subscription in January. Thinking it all good I did not give the site a second thought. Today I just got billed for a service I do not want, use or need. I went back to the site to find my account that had previously stated "inactive", active. I cancelled it again. It takes 3 fen times to confirm you want out then still offers you a chance to save and offers to take 10 dollars off the subscription price. I again went through all the steps and the 3 times of clicking cancel my account and again got a confirmation email stating my account was cancelled.

These practices of making it very easy to register an account then extremely difficult with many forced "chances " to change your mind and not cancel is in my viewpoint; very shady and deceptive business practices. I wonder how many dollars they steal from people each month that no longer want their service or use their service because they make cancelling your subscription purposefully deceptive. BEWARE of this site and their deceptive cancellation procedure. I am calling their customer service and will write a follow up review but I am not expecting much from an online site with such deceptive cancellation procedures.

Instant Checkmate response

Hi Michael,

We’re sorry to hear that you had a frustrating experience with our billing system. A manager from our member care department will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I canceled my account because I only needed a report on one person. The customer service rep. was so nice which is such a pleasure. She made the cancellation without trying to talk me into keeping it. I would definitely recommend this to others.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

The representative that I spoke with was courteous, attentive and patient and excellent in trying to resolve my concerns. The rep showed professional excellence and commitment to ensure my problem was intricately looked into. I am impressed at the competence and swift call to action without subjecting me to unnecessary long hold. I am encouraged.

Instant Checkmate expert review by Ben Mannes

Instant Checkmate searches public records to provide information about DUIs, arrests, driving convictions, sex offenses and other criminal records. Their services cannot be used for employment screening, including household workers or tenant screening. They also cannot be used to assess professional services or determine qualifications for education-related financial assistance, credit or insurance eligibility.

• Comprehensive checks: Instant Checkmate checks over 30 data points, which means they offer a wide range of information about the person under investigation.

• Unlimited checks for a low fee: Instant Checkmate offers customers unlimited checks and reports for a low monthly fee.

• U.S.-based customer service: Instant Checkmate offers high-quality customer service to clients, via the Internet and the phone. The customer service representatives are all based in the United States, so they have a firm grasp of language and culture and can communicate easily.

• Utilized by reputable clients: Reputable and trustworthy clients use Instant Checkmate.

• Three membership plans: Instant Checkmate offers three membership levels, so customers can choose how much they want to spend and how often they want to utilize the site.

• Important Disclaimer: Unlike many background check web-based businesses, Instant Checkmate is not a consumer reporting agency and does not furnish consumer reports as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). This means that it is unlawful for consumers to use Instant Checkmate and the information it provides for (a) evaluating a person for employment, promotion, reassignment or retention (including employment of babysitters, nannies, cleaning personnel, gardeners or other contractors); (b) establishing a person's eligibility for personal credit, loans, insurance or assessing risks associated with existing consumer credit obligations; (c) evaluating a person in connection with leasing, renting or sale of a house, apartment or other dwelling; (d) evaluating a person for educational opportunities, scholarships or fellowships; or (e) any other purpose subject to FCRA. Any such use is strictly prohibited by Instant Checkmate and is strictly prohibited by federal law. Instant Checkmate further prohibits use of its site and the information it provides by businesses or other organizations. As a condition to use Instant Checkmate and the information it provides, a subscriber must expressly agree to these terms and must expressly agree that he or she is acting solely in his or her personal capacity for exclusively personal (i.e., non-business related) purposes.

• Best for: parents, concerned citizens and people utilizing online dating sites.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Instant Checkmate Company Information