Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars32%
  • 3 stars10%
  • 2 stars7%
  • 1 stars7%

Our USA-based member care team is available 24/7 to assist you with any questions or concerns.

Instant Checkmate is one of the largest people search engines in the world. Our online service gives consumers the power to access millions of federal, state, and local public records right from their computers. Members can get unrestricted access to its database and perform unlimited searches to learn more about the people in their lives. The data included in our reports may include criminal history, sex offender registration, known addresses, and more. This information can help you investigate the background of online dates, neighbors, social media connections, or anyone else you’re curious about. Members who wish to dig even deeper can upgrade to a premium report to access information that isn’t available in our standard reports.

Please note that it is prohibited by law to use Instant Checkmate or the information it provides to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or for any other purpose subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC 1681 et seq.

Hi Patricia,

We’re so happy to hear that our service is helping you locate long lost family members and friends! Thank you for taking the time to share your story and provide us with such positive feedback. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Original review: July 11, 2016

I have performed 5 searches, 3 to find long lost family members, and 2 to find friends. All were found quickly and accurately, 1 with very little information to go on. This is a fantastic search engine! I don't know how you do it and I worked in information technology for over 10 years. I am so grateful for all the joy your product has added to our lives. Without your product, I can't begin to think how empty the end of my life would have been. I have a rare but wasting illness and you have allowed me to meet with people I never would have found without you. Thank you so much!

Hi Saundra,

We’re so happy to hear that our service helped you find your long lost friends! Thank you for the positive feedback and high rating. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: June 29, 2016

I was able to easily locate friends I had not seen for 40 years! The site is really great!

Hi Linda,

We're so glad that our Reverse Phone Lookup service is able to help you find the information you are looking for. Thank you for the positive feedback and high rating! If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: March 20, 2016

I have almost daily used your telephone service to find out who is calling me and most are telemarketers. You have help me to NOT answer many of these intrusive calls!

Factual basis uncertain

Hi Fred,

We get our information from local county courthouses and census bureaus. This information is then uploaded to the database that we pull from. There is a possibility that some information may not show on a given individual because some state and local laws restrict us from accessing certain records which may not be considered “public” in that jurisdiction. In addition, users do have the option to upgrade to a premium report if they choose to do so, however a premium upgrade is not required to view basic information such as names, aliases, phone numbers, location history, possible related persons, arrest records, sex offenders, licenses, social media accounts, and horoscopes. If you have additional questions, our member care center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: July 21, 2016

On your page you said there is no other charge for reports like other sites. Only the monthly membership fee. But you want extra funds to view reports just like other sites. False statements on your web page.

Hi Ruben,

Thank you for your positive review and high rating! If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: July 20, 2016

I was able to find information about me that I never knew would ever be online!!! I was so into it I started researching my family to see if they were at risk as well. Turns out EVERYONE had info online. Thanks to InstantCheckmate.com we are all now in the process of taking all our info off the net!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate ?

Hi Melinda,

We know how frustrating it is when you don’t get the information you were expecting. We are constantly working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but due to some states’ laws regarding public records, and slow electronic processing times in certain counties, there may be gaps in our data for some jurisdictions. We sincerely apologize, and will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Original review: July 19, 2016

Inaccurate info. I basically paid for info that is easily found via the internet!

Hi James,

Original review: July 19, 2016

I was lead to believe you would give information, instead there were hidden charges to receive nothing more than I already knew. Things that should be listed were not. Very disappointed. Glad I didn't order the three month service. Would like my money back so I can go somewhere else to get real information. If you'd like to upgrade me to the premium member at no additional cost and it proves to have legitimate information I will happy to pay for it at that time.

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out to us — we appreciate the honest feedback. Our loyal members are very important to us, and we will contact you privately to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Original review: July 19, 2016

You changed your categories and length of membership terms without informing your existing loyal members, also raising the price substantially.

Hi L C,

We're sorry to hear you were unable to find what you were looking for. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but sometimes the data just isn’t available to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: July 18, 2016

The process is too long. I did not find what I was looking for. It is a complete waste of money. Unfortunately I am dissatisfied. I desire a refund.

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for your positive review and high rating! We really appreciate your feedback, and we’re so happy to hear you find Instant Checkmate to be a useful tool. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Original review: July 17, 2016

Information is accurate in most cases. Provides additional information that may be helpful. The opportunity to give feedback on any possible discrepancies is a bonus. It was overall a useful tool, that require much more time and effort to locate the information provided, if you did the research on your own.

Hi Lorraine,

Sorry to hear you were unhappy with our premium reports. Our data is obtained from public records and various other records sources. We are always working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but as our Disclaimer states, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate. This is due to variables like clerical errors, slow processing times, and discrepancies between states over what is considered “public record.” There also exists the possibility of false positives, and more than one individual with the same name and basic information may match up with many other records. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced, and we will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Original review: July 17, 2016

Not only in premium reports but in all reports, there seems to be no real distinguishing areas about accounts and all the same people & info gets the same mentioning in other reports. It becomes difficult to separate what belongs to who.

Hi John,

Thank you for the high rating and for taking the time to share your positive experience with Instant Checkmate! If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Original review: July 16, 2016

I did a check on a young lady I had met online. It was great knowing so much about her BEFORE I got involved. I'd highly recommend this to every Man and Woman. We didn't work out but at least I knew a lot about her before we met. She wasn't so smart as I advised her to do the same with me, look me up, I have nothing to hide. But she was actually going to have sex with me, and me spend the night without knowing anything but phone calls and texts, which were great, but it was crazy on her part.

Hi Katrina,

Thank you for reaching out. A senior member of our team will be in touch privately to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Original review: July 16, 2016

When I signed up, I ordered three Premium Reports and PDF privileges, but apparently my credit card turned down the extra charges. I called the credit card company and confirmed the charges, then tried again. Again, it didn't work. I logged onto your website and was able to add the PDF privileges at the price quoted, but now the Premium Reports appear to be $14.99 each -- three times the price what you offered (and which I tried to accept) on sign up. I called your customer service and Rodney said, "Luck of the draw." In other words, I'm screwed. I am not trying to get anything I didn't pay for, but it would nice to actually get what I ordered from you rather than paying three times the price because my credit card company (probably based on previous experience) thinks you might be fraudulent.

Hi Alicia,

Thank you for your positive review and high rating! We’re so happy to hear that our service has come in handy for you. We appreciate the feedback, and we are constantly working with our data providers to get our customers the most up-to-date information possible. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Original review: July 16, 2016

I have been able to find a lot of useful information here. Most of it is up to date. I would like them to have their records a little more up to date, but it is not an easy feat so I understand. Other than that, this service has really come in handy.

Hello,

We're so glad to hear that our member care team could help you out. Please feel free to contact us again if you need anything else. Our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: July 15, 2016

I expected much more for my money. There was a lot of missing information as well as incorrect information. I looked up people who I know very well to see how accurate the reports were and was shocked to find how inaccurate they turned out to be. If the info on the people I know is so inaccurate, how am I supposed to trust the info on the reports I get on people I don't know? I couldn't even find myself on here and I have loads of public record info available on me. PS. The upgrade report costing more on top of my monthly fee is double insulting.

Hi Mary,

We’re sorry to hear that you weren’t happy with the location records in your reports. Our developers are always working hard to integrate current data into our reports, but due to variables like clerical errors, slow processing times, and discrepancies between states over what is considered “public record,” some reports may be incomplete for people living in certain counties. We apologize, and will contact you privately to resolve this issue.

Original review: July 14, 2016

I am very dissatisfied with the site and with the review process--I have already filled this out, clicked on submit, and was informed the website couldn't be found. I believe that as your address information is so outdated on some people that no one could find some of the people I have looked up. I know this as I looked up "known" entities and saw that you were sometimes as much as 10 years behind in terms of address information. It is clear that you glean information simply from sources I can use myself for free, and I don't see the point in paying for a report that is inaccurate. I have cancelled my subscription, and I will not be recommending you to others.

Hi Maurice,

We're sorry to hear the information in your reports were not completely up-to-date. We are constantly working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but due to some states’ laws regarding public records, and slow electronic processing times in certain counties, there may be gaps in our data for some jurisdictions. We sincerely apologize, and will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Original review: July 14, 2016

Provides a decent glimpse into someone's background, but even when you upgrade to Premium there is an overabundance of outdated info.

Hi S,

We appreciate your honest feedback regarding your recent search results. We are currently working with our data providers to obtain more information including places of employment. We apologize that you were unable to find all of the information you were looking for, but again, your feedback is very valuable to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Original review: July 14, 2016

I would like to be able to search by "place of employment" or "associated with (some person)". Also, there is not a lot of info about where people work.

Hi Cynthia,

We’re sorry to hear you didn’t find the information you were expecting. Our data is obtained from public records and various other records sources. We are always working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but as our Disclaimer states, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate. This is due to variables like clerical errors, slow processing times, and discrepancies between states over what is considered “public record.” There also exists the possibility of false positives, and more than one individual with the same name and basic information may match up with many other records. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced, and we will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: July 13, 2016

Lots of mistakes and omitted info. Checked info on several people, including myself, that is highly inaccurate. You didn't even get my name right. It's Cynthia Anne **... not Cynthia Ann **. The e is important to me.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 21, 2016

I was very unhappy because the information for the person I was checking on was incorrect. I notified them and they refunded my money.

Hi Cheryl,

We’re sorry that you weren’t happy with our service, but glad to hear that our member care team could help you out. Please feel free to contact us again if you need anything else. Our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Original review: July 11, 2016

I was searching for court records for Jesse ** and everything that came up on him was incorrect. That is why I cancelled my membership.

Hi Toni,

Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you are running into technical issues when navigating our site. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Original review: July 11, 2016

I thought my experience was frustrating! After paying for the service, access to the report came up. Then these pop ups came up and the page became shaded and I was not able to maneuver around the page. I just wanted to view the report and not download it. That was an additional cost, not a problem, however, I am not finding the report on my computer.

Hi Mary,

That's great news! We're so glad to hear that our service is fast and easy to follow. Thanks so much for the positive feedback and high rating, and if you ever have a question or need assistance with your search, our US-based member care team is standing by 24/7 to help. We can be reached directly at 1-800-222-8985.

Original review: July 11, 2016

Easy to follow set up directions. Received my reports very fast and without errors! Would definitely use again if needed.

Hi Betty,

Thank you for your positive review and high rating. We really appreciate your feedback, and we’re so happy to hear that you find our service informative. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Original review: July 11, 2016

Under my report it has a Betty ** with police charges of burglary. I don't know this person. Last time I checked that info wasn't stated. This is a great informative site.

Hi Daniel,

We appreciate your honest feedback regarding your recent search results on your personal background report. Our data providers are always updating their information, however, some state and local governments do not release their records to the public, or they may not update their databases annually. This can potentially create gaps in the data that is provided to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to provide further assistance.

Original review: July 10, 2016

First time user. Much of my own personal information was missing or inaccurate. The most stroking was my middle name which was some ridiculous phrase I'd never heard. Some small details that were listed were spot on while other HUGE pieces of information were missing altogether, including my current phone number of two years.

Hi Ann,

Thank you for your positive review and high rating. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent experience with Instant Checkmate. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Original review: July 10, 2016

The ordering was very easy and the person I talked to on the phone was helpful and knowledgeable. I was able to make the right decision for my situation. Enjoying looking up people I know and correcting some on the information on my family. Just might use it again at a later time.

Hi Epiphany,

We’re sorry to hear you didn’t find what you wanted. While our data providers are always updating their information, some state and local governments do not release their records to the public, which creates gaps in our data. A manager from our member care team will contact you privately to resolve this issue.

Original review: July 10, 2016

Before paying it showed me all this information on a person I was looking for and then once I paid it showed me limited information so I paid an additional 20 dollars and there was nothing on this person. This is the worst service ever. You folks are just after money and not providing information that is really needed. A waste of 40!!!

Hi Jim,

We’re so happy to hear that our service helps you stay in the know. Thank you for the positive feedback and high rating! If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Original review: July 10, 2016

This site has kept me in the know and out of trouble as long as I use it responsibly.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your positive review and high rating. We really appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve our site. We will pass this feedback onto our developers. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: July 8, 2016

Generally I am happy with your service and use it frequently. Each time I run a search, however, a blue banner titled "Notice: Additional Information" pops up. At the bottom it states, "If you do not want to see this notice again, click here." I have clicked about 50 times and it still pops up every time. That throws the competence of your software design in question.

Hi Brett,

Original review: July 7, 2016

The available information, for the standard package, is information that can be gained for free by an individual from public information. Great bait for use in catching us "Suckers"! Info is not current on individuals and I thought I was paying for current information.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for reaching out. We apologize that you experienced technical issues during your search, but we want to let you know that we’re committed to making things right. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Original review: July 7, 2016

When I attempt to view my reports, the screen goes grey & I cannot click on anything that will open the report.

Instant Checkmate Company Profile