3.66/5
Based on 134 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our US-based member care team is available to assist you Mon-Sun 5am to 10pm PST (8am - 1am EST).

Instant Checkmate is one of the largest Public Records Search Services in the world. Our service operates by aggregating public records from all over the United States. When you run a new search, public records are pulled from multiple data sources, and this information is then compiled and displayed in a single, easy-to-read report.

Our goal is to help users learn the truth about the people in their lives, and reports may include information such as phone numbers, addresses, contact information, previous arrests, criminal convictions, traffic citations, sex offender status, and much more.

Please note that it is prohibited by law to use Instant Checkmate or the information it provides to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or for any other purpose subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC 1681 et seq.

Instant Checkmate Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 10, 2018

3287 Instant Checkmate Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 10, 2018

I really enjoy having this service because I take care of mentally ill and elderly people, but it can get pricey when I pay for the service every month and pay for every premium finding that I need. When owning a facility we need to do thorough background searches on clients, helpers, family members, etc... Couldn't there be a price that is set for everything instead of nickel and dime pricing ($20.00 extra dollars is pricey for us working facilities). Please let me know. I enjoy your service but at these prices it's difficult to keep. I have recommended this service to others. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 8, 2018

This information is so out of date it is unbelievable. This was very expensive and the information for current address was 14 years out of date. I ran this on my husband of twelve years and I wasn't even listed as one of the people he knew. Don't waste your time or money! It's not real and don't even pay for the added fees because you don't get anything from that either.

Hi Chris,

We know how frustrating it is when you don’t get the information you were expecting. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but sometimes the data just isn’t available to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: April 16, 2018

My experience with Instant Checkmate has always been great. They have helped me out a lot and when I do not need to use the site for months at a time it is easy to cancel membership if needed. Other than that, overall, great help and great information is provided.

Hi Paige,

We appreciate the positive feedback and high rating! Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: April 13, 2018

Signed up on 4/3/2018. Did a search but I had found better information previously and some of theirs was wrong. Canceled within an hour. Got cancellation number. On 4/8/2018 two charges appeared on my Visa. Checked their site a few minutes ago - shows cancelled. Filed complaint with BBB. As of this morning no refund showing. Will probably have to do a Visa Chargeback.

Hi Geraldine,

We apologize for your frustrating experience with Instant Checkmate. We will reach out to you privately to get this issue resolved.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: April 12, 2018

I do enjoy the site and get a lot of information. I just wish I could see a bit more detail without having to pay more money. I already pay a monthly fee. Other than that I do not have any real issues with this site.

Hi Edric,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest feedback. We're happy to hear you enjoy the site and are able to find the information you are looking for.

Instant Checkmate

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

No response received
Original review: April 3, 2018

I ran a check on myself and was both shocked and amused by what I found. Fully a quarter of the info. is wrong. You had me living in Oregon and West Virginia. Never have. The funny thing is that you have me living at three different addresses simultaneously. Many of the relatives and acquaintances you have me down for are total mysteries to me. The only thing I can think of is that some of these people lived at addresses I once lived at, in some cases over thirty years ago. Or perhaps they are using a recycled phone number of mine.

More seriously you say that I have a criminal conviction, but the truth is I don't even have a parking ticket to my name. Upon closer inspection I see that you have me confused with someone with a similar name -- different middle name, different age, different addresses. Perhaps you should think about cross checking SSNs? The truth is, now that I've seen what misinformation you are peddling I would be reluctant to use it for any serious purposes. If you can get my information so badly wrong, after I've lived a quiet life at the same address for the past 20 years, you could easily screw up other peoples' data even worse.

Hi Robert,

We're really sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the information found in your background report. Our data is obtained from public records and various other records sources. We are always working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but as our Disclaimer states, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate. This is due to variables like clerical errors, slow processing times, and discrepancies between states over what is considered “public record.” There also exists the possibility of false positives, and more than one individual with the same name and basic information may match up with many other records. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced, and we will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: April 2, 2018

My initial thoughts about the site were good... I looked everywhere to see if this was going to be another one of those sites that charge you a monthly fee then start tacking on additional fees for other features. From what I could see, they seemed legitimate and gave no indication that there would be additional fees to see additional content so I signed up and right off the bat it's $34.78 and once you're inside the site... It's an exact replica of TruthFinders, MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT then sure enough the additional fees started coming. $2.99 if you want the ability to save the report you just spent $34.78 on, an extra $23.40 for phone number search, extra $7.99 a month for email reports.

It's a scam folks... They lead you to believe that their services are all inclusive of their services and I looked everywhere and couldn't find any information that said there would be additional charges for the items I listed above which was the only reason I agreed to sign on. What is it with these companies and their shady business practices. I want a complete refund, this is not what I signed on for.

Hi Wes,

We apologize for any confusion regarding our services. When customers pay the membership fee, we provide the service that we say we will, which is compiling public records data into an easy to read format. We guarantee that we will search every database available to us, but we cannot guarantee which records will or will not show up in the final report since we are not in control of the records themselves.

Any additional charges, for features such as our reverse phone lookup service or pdf service, are completely optional and are just extra services that customers can choose to sign up for or not.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My wife has been doing everything she could to make it hard for me to find out who her lover was. With the help of your website I was able to do all the research it took to put everything together. I must thank you for having so much information on here and it all came together. Now she can lie cheat and steal from someone else.

Hi Ted,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on your recent experience with our service. We're glad that you were able to find the information you were looking for. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Data page too difficult to manage on my machine. Too sensitive to placement... data was good. I find your service useful, but the previous system for communication and feedback was more stable and faster and easier to understand. Thanks for the good accuracy of everything you provide and your research.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We're happy to hear you are happy with our service, and we apologize for any difficulties you may have with some of the updates to our site. We are constantly making improvements to our site, so we value your feedback. If you need help using our site, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-800-222-8985. Our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 28, 2018

Used this service to self-check and compare with background check from work. This service lists multiple people with same name from multiple states with multiple addresses, crime and arrest information. When I saw my report and saw I lived in states I've never been to, arrested for crimes I have NEVER committed as well as being on a states sex registry. Called the people and of course, morons at a call center saying there is nothing that can be done. This is a dangerous site. The misinformation could lead to wrongful terminations, police inquiries and a multitude of negative life altering treatment from job opportunities to the communities you live in. Stay away and use government approved background software. This is **. Dangerous, incompetent **.

Hi Scott,

All users and customers of our service must agree to our disclaimer prior to using our website that "you may not use our service to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or any other purpose that would require FCRA compliance." This is stated on every page of our site.

Additionally, we offer anyone the option of removing their information from our site for free if they are dissatisfied with the information provided. If this is something you would like to do, please visit www.instantcheckmate.com/opt-out/ or you can reach our member care team at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: March 25, 2018

I use this site often to locate old friends and coworkers. I have been successful in almost every search in finding the right person. It is reasonably priced per month and the reports are comprehensive. I recommend this site to anyone for locating persons.

Hi John,

Thank you for the positive feedback and high rating! We're so happy to hear you are able to locate old friends and coworkers using our service. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: March 23, 2018

You have me listed as living in Michigan City IN and Portage IN. That information is totally inaccurate. I only live in Michigan City. I have never lived in Portage a day in my life. I have been through Portage a few times but I never actually lived there. I see a fingerprint posted by name right side of court records. What you're say is that I have a criminal history. I most certainly did not. I am a Christian man and a law abiding citizen. I have never been arrested or convicted in a court of law a day in my life. Nor do I intend to either. You need to start retracting that information from your records effective immediately.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for any inaccurate information you came across in your report. Our data is obtained from public records and various other records sources. We are always working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but as our Disclaimer states, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate. There also exists the possibility of false positives, and more than one individual with the same name and basic information may match up with many other records. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced, and we will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 21, 2018

My husband has recently (in the last year) run repeated background checks on me, for his own reasons. This particular site has most of the information correct, as it is clear it is pulled from LinkedIn and other such sites I have been a part of, which is why it appears to be accurate. The problem is that some of what is there is DATED. It does not differentiate what is current, or how old the information is. Additionally, the dates of many items are NOT accurate, such as WHEN I lived certain places, off up to a decade. But the primary issue is this: it lists "possible relationships." It has listed a person that I DO NOT KNOW. I finally discovered that I went to school with this person, for EIGHT WEEKS, ten years ago.

Somehow, I am linked between her and Amazon, and the only connection is she sent me a link to a study guide, on Amazon, during our one email conversation. That is IT. Nothing more. My husband believes I have had a seven year relationship with her that I am hiding. It has destroyed our marriage. This information has not shown up anywhere else. I have called to find out WHERE the information is from. I am told they have no way of knowing or verifying that. THAT is a problem. If it is going to be published, the source should be readily available, especially if digitized. In our tech world that should be very easy.

I am disgusted at the lack of integrity. I am more disgusted with people who take this information without verifying it and run with it. There is nothing I can do but remove myself from the site. I have done this. But my life, as I knew it, is completely changed and altered. I have nowhere to go with this, no way to verify that it is NOT true. Just please, if you use this service, take it with a grain of salt and verify it before making life altering decisions or throwing out accusations and assuming the worst about someone. It is tragic and unnecessary and I cannot undo this damage now.

Hi Heather,

We're really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on our site. Our data is obtained from public records and various other records sources. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but occasionally some data just isn’t available to us or may not be 100% accurate. We do not create or add to the information we obtain. We simply display what we are given. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced, and we will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: March 17, 2018

Every time I try to remove my information, they say this: "Your email has been sent! If you don't see it, please be sure to check in your "bulk email" or "spam" folder." I have checked everywhere, tried different accounts, with the same results. They will NOT send you the confirmation e-mail, thus preventing you from opting out. Very frustrating.

Hi Vince,

We apologize for your difficult time when trying to opt out your background report. A senior member of our team will be in touch privately to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 15, 2018

As unhappy and annoyed as I am by the fact that I have better things to do; I feel compelled to write this, in hopes that individuals considering subscribing to this site will understand that "Instant Checkmate" isn't exactly the amazing service it purports to be. I entered my name in the search bar this evening, because when I did so several years ago, lots of photos, my phone number, address, etc., all popped up, and I was hoping I had been successful in removing it all (I was). Instant Checkmate was one of the few search results with my name, so I randomly clicked on the site, and discovered that apparently, unbeknownst to me, I am a felon! (Actually, I'm not).

The first criminal record this site deems of the utmost importance, to be provided to anyone (free of charge, I might add), is the DUI I received EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO. This IS correct: however, that was expunged many, many years ago, and to "disclose" that information, as well as posting "purged" after a case, is not only incorrect, but illegal. For criminal or traffic information, one must do a background check (SSN required), or go to the courthouse of the city in which one believes the subject of their inquiry has committed an offense, and fill out a request for information on that individual. I did not provide my social security number, Instant Checkmate is not a potential landlord, employer, etc. - and they are most DEFINITELY not law enforcement or the DMV.

They mask the illegality of their service in the fine print, making statements to the effect of "we're not necessarily claiming this information is true", etc. - i.e. "We can post illegal information - or blatant lies - and are therefore not legally responsible for doing so". Additionally, I had opted out on the site, so if one enters my name, it states they have no records. And yet they had already given my "criminal record" when I followed my name to their site from the browser search results. I couldn't care less about anyone knowing about my DUI, or the "resisting arrest" charge I received at the same time. I DO care about the veracity of alleged criminal records posted in my name, on websites claiming to be providing a great service to humanity.

Oh, and just for the record: I am a Sunday School teacher, have been fingerprinted, and passed a thorough background check - a REAL one - done by law enforcement. So for those of you thinking you've "discovered" someone's dirty little secrets, or that the person you WERE going to employ or date is actually a scumbag - consider using a reputable source for your information instead of this one.

Hi Coran,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our services. The information compiled in Instant Checkmate reports are records from local, state, federal, and independent sources that are publicly available to anyone. We do not create or add to the information we obtain.

Additionally, we offer customers the option of removing their information from our site for free if they are dissatisfied with the information provided. As we mention on our site, due to the nature of public records information and how it is collected, subtle discrepancies in data make it difficult to remove everything associated with you. We take every reasonable precaution to ensure it does not happen, so we apologize that this was the case with your information on our site. We removed the information mentioned in your original review, and we are more than willing to assist with an incomplete opt out request should it ever happen again.

If you have additional questions, our member care center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: March 13, 2018

I bought a three month plan, needing to run a check on a few people whom I KNEW had felony convictions in the past. I ran the reports on those individuals, and surprisingly, those convictions were not on the reports. I ran a report on myself. I saw a few traffic violations from twenty years ago, and the option to remove them. Hmmm, what good does running a background check with this company when people are allowed to go in and eliminate negative info about themselves? I also saw errors on mine in the assets section, which did not list any of my vehicles. Ran a report for an ex-coworker who owns a home yet no home was listed for him. Marriage info is not in the reports. Educational info is not in the reports. Essentially, little of use was in the reports. A waste of time and money.

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We know how frustrating it is when you don’t get the information you were expecting. We are constantly working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but due to some states’ laws regarding public records, and slow electronic processing times in certain counties, there may be gaps in our data for some jurisdictions. We sincerely apologize, and will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: March 12, 2018

I already know most of what you have. You want more money to find phone numbers and I am not getting any e-mail reports, I paid for. Need more updates. I am about to commit myself to a man. I would like to know if he's a cheater. Not satisfied with the reports I am getting. Need to update your records. Thanks for what little I did get.

Hi Connie,

Thank you for reaching out. We apologize that you were unsatisfied with the reports we provided. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but sometimes the data just isn’t available to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 9, 2018

My credit card information was stolen and used to sign up for this shady website. When I called to cancel, they needed all of my information to access the account. I shouldn't have to give my credit card number to a complete stranger to cancel a membership I didn't even want. I could understand giving the last four digits, but this is insane. Thank God the card has been cancelled and no one can use that number. If I could give their customer service zero stars, I would.

Hi Emily,

I'm sorry that you had a negative experience with our site. Our management team is currently looking into this issue. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to us if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: March 7, 2018

Good depth of information available. Gives an opportunity to correct inaccurate data. Criminal records need to rely more on birth dates where possible. Many criminal records do not apply since names and locations are similar. It does tell you that many may not apply.

Hi James,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with Instant Checkmate. We're glad to hear you're happy with the information available in our reports. Thanks so much for the positive feedback and high rating, and if you ever have a question or need assistance with your search, our US-based member care team is standing by 24/7 to help. We can be reached directly at 1-800-222-8985.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I have tried to opt out of having my data on their website multiple times. I received the confirmation emails a month ago, and clicked them, but no change weeks later. Since retrying multiple times with multiple email addresses I have since never receive the confirmation e-mail that supposedly has been sent. I check all my folders, including spam, but it is not to be found in any of them. Many attempts at removal and nothing works.

Hi E,

We're sorry to hear you had a difficult time opting out your report. A senior member of our team will be in touch privately to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Service is good. I found more than I expected over and over again. As long as I'm doing computer dating, I will continue to use this service. Before I go out on that first date, I email myself the profile (having read it myself) in case something happens to me. My family knows to check.

Hi Janice,

Thank you for the positive review and high rating! We're so glad to hear you use our service to help keep yourself safe for online dating. We appreciate your feedback.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Checking records. At times it's easy but as you go down the list the information is for others with same name, or you have a standard for license for Controlled substances. At first I got anxious over the report, had to realized the person would not have an EPA number. I think I got excited to see someone I knew was under that domain. Other than that I think so far you are fairly accurate.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your recent experience with Instant Checkmate. Our data is obtained from public records and various other records sources. We are always working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but as our Disclaimer states, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate. There also exists the possibility of false positives, and more than one individual with the same name and basic information may match up with many other records. If you have any additional questions or concerns in the future, our US-based member care team is standing by 24/7 to provide assistance. We can be reached directly at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I am still waiting on payment back to my credit cards for something I cancelled within the time frame allotted. The company took it upon themselves to keep charging. I cancelled again. But, when I went on to check, I was still being charged.

Hi Robert,

We apologize for your frustrating experience with Instant Checkmate. We will contact you privately about your account to get this issue resolved.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I was unable to get into my account and had to make another under my secondary e-mail address. I don't know why this happened, I keep all my account logins in RoboForm and it has never failed me. One account is all I need, but now I have two. Thanks.

Hi Stuart,

We apologize that you were unable to log into into your account. A senior member of our team will be in touch privately to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

No response received
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

It looks like the data can be several years old. Location addresses and social profiles like Indeed and LinkedIN do not match those that I can find myself. Same with phone numbers and email addresses. The numbers given to me are almost never in the contact list. This means that current info is not in your reports. Can you date stamp your reports?

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for reaching out. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but sometimes the data just isn’t available to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Your site provides very accurate information! I am amazed that almost everyone that I have searched for is on this site! The information provided is very thorough! Thank you for doing such a great job!!! Keep up the good work.

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for the great review! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave your positive feedback and high rating. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

No response received
Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I have tried to opt out of having my data on their website multiple times. I never receive the confirmation e-mail they say has been sent. I check all my folders, including spam, but it is not to be found in any of them. I want to opt out and would appreciate having this e-mail sent to me so I can.

Hi Karin,

Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for any difficulties you experienced when trying to opt out of our site. A senior member of our team will be in touch privately to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

For the most part I like it but sometimes the searches need a little workaround to find what I'm looking for. The phone numbers very rarely are accurate though. Though they sometimes are and that's good. The emails seems to be accurate a lot of the times.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the positive review. We sincerely appreciate hearing your honest feedback regarding your experience with Instant Checkmate. We apologize that some of your searches need a little workaround, but we're happy to hear you like our service. Please feel free to reach out to us if there's anything we can do to improve your experience.

No response received
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I utilize it so often I can't say that I don't find it helpful. My biggest thing is obvious inaccuracies, like how my name ha(d)/(s) photos of someone much older than I am. And my husband's info is nothing more recent than 10 years ago, the house we purchased together, email addresses, and phone numbers. We've been married that long and his girlfriend from high school is listed everywhere (yes, that bugs the crap out of me).

I worked for CVS for 17 years but there's 5 random jobs on mine that I've never touched. I use social media - there's the old lady again, not me. I worry if it's this inaccurate on people I'm familiar with and can recognize error - it could 100% incorrect for those I don't know. And I must say - the horoscope thing at the end is a little embarrassing. You're basically saying you're ok with and promoting stalkers. "Oh, you don't know this person but you want to see if your earth will be dampened by their water, here ya go!" But otherwise? It does come in handy for me and, even though it may sound otherwise I'm glad to have the service. Intelius is way worse (hope you don't own them) and they've gotten no better... and, well, thanks!

Hi Jenna,

Thank you for being a loyal customer. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave your honest feedback regarding our service. We apologize for the inaccuracies you found in some of our reports. We are always working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but as our Disclaimer states, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate. We will reach out to you privately for further assistance.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I did a search for myself to see what was contained in my online information. Instant Checkmate was one of the links that came up from a Google search. I pursued it, and some information appeared to be accurate, but then it stated that there was a hit on a criminal conviction. I haven't even had a speeding ticket for over 20 years. It takes forever and I never did get verification of my record.

Hi Donna,

Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate honest feedback — it allows us to do our job better! We apologize that your recent experience with Instant Checkmate was not positive, but we want to let you know that we’re committed to making things right. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Instant Checkmate searches public records to provide information about DUIs, arrests, driving convictions, sex offenses and other criminal records. Their services cannot be used for employment screening, including household workers or tenant screening. They also cannot be used to assess professional services or determine qualifications for education-related financial assistance, credit or insurance eligibility.

• Comprehensive checks: Instant Checkmate checks over 30 data points, which means they offer a wide range of information about the person under investigation.

• Unlimited checks for a low fee: Instant Checkmate offers customers unlimited checks and reports for a low monthly fee.

• U.S.-based customer service: Instant Checkmate offers high-quality customer service to clients, via the Internet and the phone. The customer service representatives are all based in the United States, so they have a firm grasp of language and culture and can communicate easily.

• Utilized by reputable clients: Reputable and trustworthy clients use Instant Checkmate.

• Three membership plans: Instant Checkmate offers three membership levels, so customers can choose how much they want to spend and how often they want to utilize the site.

• Important Disclaimer: Unlike many background check web-based businesses, Instant Checkmate is not a consumer reporting agency and does not furnish consumer reports as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). This means that it is unlawful for consumers to use Instant Checkmate and the information it provides for (a) evaluating a person for employment, promotion, reassignment or retention (including employment of babysitters, nannies, cleaning personnel, gardeners or other contractors); (b) establishing a person's eligibility for personal credit, loans, insurance or assessing risks associated with existing consumer credit obligations; (c) evaluating a person in connection with leasing, renting or sale of a house, apartment or other dwelling; (d) evaluating a person for educational opportunities, scholarships or fellowships; or (e) any other purpose subject to FCRA. Any such use is strictly prohibited by Instant Checkmate and is strictly prohibited by federal law. Instant Checkmate further prohibits use of its site and the information it provides by businesses or other organizations. As a condition to use Instant Checkmate and the information it provides, a subscriber must expressly agree to these terms and must expressly agree that he or she is acting solely in his or her personal capacity for exclusively personal (i.e., non-business related) purposes.

• Best for: parents, concerned citizens and people utilizing online dating sites.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs