Instant Checkmate Visit Website
  2. Background Check Companies
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.17/5

Our US-based member care team is available to assist you Mon-Sun 5am to 10pm PST (8am - 1am EST).

Instant Checkmate is one of the largest Public Records Search Services in the world. Our service operates by aggregating public records from all over the United States. When you run a new search, public records are pulled from multiple data sources, and this information is then compiled and displayed in a single, easy-to-read report.

Our goal is to help users learn the truth about the people in their lives, and reports may include information such as phone numbers, addresses, contact information, previous arrests, criminal convictions, traffic citations, sex offender status, and much more.

Please note that it is prohibited by law to use Instant Checkmate or the information it provides to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or for any other purpose subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC 1681 et seq.

Instant Checkmate Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More
Instant Checkmate Visit Website

Instant Checkmate Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Thought all was lost trying to find real owner of RV I purchased in early Nov. 2019. Was given a old non valid title and no other info from guy I bought it from disappeared and person he had gotten invalid title wouldn't cooperate either. Was able to obtain name of valid title holder. Then with the help of Instant Checkmate I got more information than friends at a large police dept. could even come close to. They were amazed when I told them how much info I got. Social Media, all related phone #'s, Spouses, criminal backgrounds, way more than I expected. Got everything resolved and taken care of. Will highly recommend this service. Their phone help is superb!

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

While the report failed to give me the information I was looking for regarding an aged open status on a dismissed court case the support from customer service was excellent. I called to cancel the subscription and Albert was very understanding and accommodating. He not only cancelled the subscription but also refunded my initial fee as the service did not give me the one item that I was using it to find. If I have the need for a background service again I would choose this one.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

A friend of mine gave me some information on a gentleman I have been dating for over a year. It was not complete so I decided to look into his background for my self. Instant Checkmate did a thorough job and the information I received was just what I needed to be able to make an informed decision about this person that I was getting serious about. Even the cancellation process was easy and the sweet lady that assisted me was great. With employees like this fine young lady your company will do great. I will highly recommend your service to my friends who utilize Facebook and other chat rooms. Thank you for all your assistance.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I forgot when I signed up that I'm going through a loan application that requires no additional charges or purchases until the loan process is done. The customer rep was very efficient, friendly, kind, and quick! She offered a reduced cost for the service, but I cannot do so now. I will return in the future because I like your service! I needed to check on some family's history and I found what I needed. Thank you for your service, I found it safe and worthwhile. GM, Arizona. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Dear Checkmate, Thank you for the recent phone conversation I had with one of your reps; Mary Ann. I used your service in May and I just got a notification in my email that $34.78 had been charged to my Pay Pal account. Mary Ann explained that the original agreement was to call within 30 days to cancel my May registration. I had not remembered to do that. So, she canceled my checkmate account and made a refund to Paypal. I am not use to seeing this type of service. No hassle, no accusing remarks, insults, time delay. Wow! You are a great organisation in my mind. Regardless that I am canceling my membership. We need more honest, reputable companies like you to actually put the customer first in the world. I give you 5 stars plus. With deep gratitude, John.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Also discovered a new friend of a friend, who has been visiting me is a pedophile. So it's worthwhile to use Instant Checkmate, which updates frequently, it's true - when you have a hunch about suspicious characters in your home.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I was able to find information I needed for my search. I am thankful it all turned out great. This Checkmate Search has any and everything you would be interested in and not interested in finding. You will definitely get the answers you are searching for. This search was a detailed search.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

404 log in error. Service has been out since 13 January 20. I called and spoke with several Rep's, to no avail. I spoke with Samantha on 17 January at 9:30p, EST. Samantha asked me STUPID and insulting questions as if to "get me off the phone and buy time." We got DISCONNECTED and Samantha did NOT BOTHER to call me back. I plan on contacting the FTC, BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU News Station in Atlanta (where I live) and the News Station in California and any other agency. I have been a customer since March, 2018. You do NOT VALUE ME.

Instant Checkmate response
    Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate honest feedback — it allows us to do our job better. We apologize that you experienced technical issues during your search, but we want to let you know that we’re committed to making things right. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.
    Sincerely,

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Thanks Zach for the great help I received in canceling my account and giving me a refund! The site is very good for searching for anyone you're looking for. If I need to search again I would do so with confidence.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

The guys I talked to today were extremely kind and extremely helpful. It was very encouraging to experience great customer service. That is a rare thing in the world we live in today. Thank you very much. I would recommend this company to others.

Instant Checkmate expert review by Ben Mannes

Instant Checkmate searches public records to provide information about DUIs, arrests, driving convictions, sex offenses and other criminal records. Their services cannot be used for employment screening, including household workers or tenant screening. They also cannot be used to assess professional services or determine qualifications for education-related financial assistance, credit or insurance eligibility.

• Comprehensive checks: Instant Checkmate checks over 30 data points, which means they offer a wide range of information about the person under investigation.

• Unlimited checks for a low fee: Instant Checkmate offers customers unlimited checks and reports for a low monthly fee.

• U.S.-based customer service: Instant Checkmate offers high-quality customer service to clients, via the Internet and the phone. The customer service representatives are all based in the United States, so they have a firm grasp of language and culture and can communicate easily.

• Utilized by reputable clients: Reputable and trustworthy clients use Instant Checkmate.

• Three membership plans: Instant Checkmate offers three membership levels, so customers can choose how much they want to spend and how often they want to utilize the site.

• Important Disclaimer: Unlike many background check web-based businesses, Instant Checkmate is not a consumer reporting agency and does not furnish consumer reports as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). This means that it is unlawful for consumers to use Instant Checkmate and the information it provides for (a) evaluating a person for employment, promotion, reassignment or retention (including employment of babysitters, nannies, cleaning personnel, gardeners or other contractors); (b) establishing a person's eligibility for personal credit, loans, insurance or assessing risks associated with existing consumer credit obligations; (c) evaluating a person in connection with leasing, renting or sale of a house, apartment or other dwelling; (d) evaluating a person for educational opportunities, scholarships or fellowships; or (e) any other purpose subject to FCRA. Any such use is strictly prohibited by Instant Checkmate and is strictly prohibited by federal law. Instant Checkmate further prohibits use of its site and the information it provides by businesses or other organizations. As a condition to use Instant Checkmate and the information it provides, a subscriber must expressly agree to these terms and must expressly agree that he or she is acting solely in his or her personal capacity for exclusively personal (i.e., non-business related) purposes.

• Best for: parents, concerned citizens and people utilizing online dating sites.

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Instant Checkmate Company Information