3.93/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our US-based member care team is available to assist you Mon-Sun 5am to 10pm PST (8am - 1am EST).

Instant Checkmate is one of the largest Public Records Search Services in the world. Our service operates by aggregating public records from all over the United States. When you run a new search, public records are pulled from multiple data sources, and this information is then compiled and displayed in a single, easy-to-read report.

Our goal is to help users learn the truth about the people in their lives, and reports may include information such as phone numbers, addresses, contact information, previous arrests, criminal convictions, traffic citations, sex offender status, and much more.

Please note that it is prohibited by law to use Instant Checkmate or the information it provides to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or for any other purpose subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC 1681 et seq.

Instant Checkmate Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Instant Checkmate Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

A friend of mine gave me some information on a gentleman I have been dating for over a year. It was not complete so I decided to look into his background for my self. Instant Checkmate did a thorough job and the information I received was just what I needed to be able to make an informed decision about this person that I was getting serious about. Even the cancellation process was easy and the sweet lady that assisted me was great. With employees like this fine young lady your company will do great. I will highly recommend your service to my friends who utilize Facebook and other chat rooms. Thank you for all your assistance.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I forgot when I signed up that I'm going through a loan application that requires no additional charges or purchases until the loan process is done. The customer rep was very efficient, friendly, kind, and quick! She offered a reduced cost for the service, but I cannot do so now. I will return in the future because I like your service! I needed to check on some family's history and I found what I needed. Thank you for your service, I found it safe and worthwhile. GM, Arizona. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Dear Checkmate, Thank you for the recent phone conversation I had with one of your reps; Mary Ann. I used your service in May and I just got a notification in my email that $34.78 had been charged to my Pay Pal account. Mary Ann explained that the original agreement was to call within 30 days to cancel my May registration. I had not remembered to do that. So, she canceled my checkmate account and made a refund to Paypal. I am not use to seeing this type of service. No hassle, no accusing remarks, insults, time delay. Wow! You are a great organisation in my mind. Regardless that I am canceling my membership. We need more honest, reputable companies like you to actually put the customer first in the world. I give you 5 stars plus. With deep gratitude, John.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Great Program for what it can do. Could use better info gathering but it is what it is. I would like to see it do better on the info it gathers since I have seen a lot in there that was not the person who it gathered on.

Instant Checkmate response
Thank you for your positive review and high rating. We really appreciate your feedback, and we’re so happy to hear that our service helped you find what you were looking for.
Sincerely,

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Thank you! It has been easier since you helped me as a senior with Parkinson's Disease. The man I talked to on the phone was very kind to me. He answered all my questions. Three cheer for him! I would recommend this search site. Checkmate is not ordinary. They research very carefully to give you the right information. Other sites don't do their research. In one site the information for one seeking to find me. Was not only incorrect information but had me working as a nurse instead of SAG performer. The girl that they showed to others never, ever looked like me. How they got some kind of information and a picture is a puzzle to me.

Instant Checkmate response

Hi Pam,

That's great news! We're so glad to hear that our service is helping you find the information you need. Thanks so much for the positive feedback and high rating, and if you ever have a question or need assistance with your search, our US-based member care team can be reached directly at 1-800-222-8985.

Sincerely,

Instant Checkmate Support

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I decided to cancel my service again, (I'm an on again/off again customer) and the agent I spoke with was polite and informative. I used some of the other background check services and comparatively speaking Checkmate has the best Customer Service.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Just when you've lost all hope of ever finding a business with that good old fashioned customer care service OUT of the Blue steps a company called CHECKMATE - EXCELLENT! Maryanne was delightful, professional, courteous, and very helpful I certainly recommend them! Thank You!...

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Excellent customer service when my debit card wouldn't work to reactivate my account. When I called the 800 number, your customer service representative was able to figure out the problem and was able to reactivate my account using a different card number.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Best money I ever spent. Would definitely use this site again if I needed it!!! It gave me all the information I needed and was very accurate. It is very easy to use and has a great source of information.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I really liked this site. I wish they could go a little more in detail like what business or personal business property somebody owns. I will use them again I found some really useful information. I was able to find some distant relatives. Sincerely Stan

Instant Checkmate expert review by Ben Mannes

Instant Checkmate searches public records to provide information about DUIs, arrests, driving convictions, sex offenses and other criminal records. Their services cannot be used for employment screening, including household workers or tenant screening. They also cannot be used to assess professional services or determine qualifications for education-related financial assistance, credit or insurance eligibility.

• Comprehensive checks: Instant Checkmate checks over 30 data points, which means they offer a wide range of information about the person under investigation.

• Unlimited checks for a low fee: Instant Checkmate offers customers unlimited checks and reports for a low monthly fee.

• U.S.-based customer service: Instant Checkmate offers high-quality customer service to clients, via the Internet and the phone. The customer service representatives are all based in the United States, so they have a firm grasp of language and culture and can communicate easily.

• Utilized by reputable clients: Reputable and trustworthy clients use Instant Checkmate.

• Three membership plans: Instant Checkmate offers three membership levels, so customers can choose how much they want to spend and how often they want to utilize the site.

• Important Disclaimer: Unlike many background check web-based businesses, Instant Checkmate is not a consumer reporting agency and does not furnish consumer reports as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). This means that it is unlawful for consumers to use Instant Checkmate and the information it provides for (a) evaluating a person for employment, promotion, reassignment or retention (including employment of babysitters, nannies, cleaning personnel, gardeners or other contractors); (b) establishing a person's eligibility for personal credit, loans, insurance or assessing risks associated with existing consumer credit obligations; (c) evaluating a person in connection with leasing, renting or sale of a house, apartment or other dwelling; (d) evaluating a person for educational opportunities, scholarships or fellowships; or (e) any other purpose subject to FCRA. Any such use is strictly prohibited by Instant Checkmate and is strictly prohibited by federal law. Instant Checkmate further prohibits use of its site and the information it provides by businesses or other organizations. As a condition to use Instant Checkmate and the information it provides, a subscriber must expressly agree to these terms and must expressly agree that he or she is acting solely in his or her personal capacity for exclusively personal (i.e., non-business related) purposes.

• Best for: parents, concerned citizens and people utilizing online dating sites.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Instant Checkmate Company Information