2. Background Check Companies
Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.42/5

Instant Checkmate is a public records search service. All of the information is generated by searching public records from federal, state and county databases and compiling it into a report. You can look up addresses, phone numbers, social media profiles, driving records, arrest records, demographic data and a variety of other information.

Instant Checkmate Gallery (5)

BOTTOM LINE

Instant Checkmate searches multiple databases to create an easy-to-read report. Subscriptions come with unlimited reports. All information is public record and cannot be used for employment screenings.

PROS

• Unlimited reports with subscription
  • Detailed reports
  • Easy to use
  • Use 30 data points for reports

CONS

• Not a traditional background check
  • Subscriptions automatically renew

Top Instant Checkmate Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Checkmate does what it advertises - reveals otherwise difficult to obtain information about individuals. We found it useful recently when a home inspector gave misleading information about a home we were selling - checkmate revealed numerous problems with the individual, including tax evasion and ot

I have never felt so unsafe in my life with scammers who claim to be one and they are not. Instant Checkmate helped me tremendously to remove those who are not legitimate and are only scammers. Thank you guys. I feel much safer this way with your verifications.

Instant Checkmate Get Pricing

ConsumerAffairs operates independent of Instant Checkmate and does not offer background check services. Per the Instant Checkmate terms, you may not use this service or the information it provides to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or any other purpose that would require Federal Credit Reporting Act compliance. Instant Checkmate does not provide consumer reports and is not a consumer reporting agency.

What is Instant Checkmate?

Instant Checkmate lets you look up a person’s information by typing in their name, age and location in the search console. Instant Checkmate asks you questions about the person as it searches databases to narrow results down to the right match.

Once you have a match, you purchase a membership subscription to access the report. A subscription gives you access to unlimited reports for as long as you are enrolled.

You can look up the following information and more using Instant Checkmate:

• Phone numbers
  • Voter registration
  • Census data
  • Social media profiles
  • Bankruptcy history

Strict guidelines dictate how and why you can use a public records search service. Instant Checkmate is not a consumer reporting agency, and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) prohibits using Instant Checkmate to look up any information governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Before using Instant Checkmate, make sure you review the guidelines of what you can and can’t do with the information found on its site.

Instant Checkmate cost

Instant Checkmate offers two subscription plans. Both plans give you access to unlimited reports. The company bills one-month subscriptions every 30 days and three-month subscriptions every 90 days. Instant Checkmate offers a five-day free trial. The trial option shows up on the checkout page after several minutes.

PlanPrice per month
Five-day trialFree
One-month$34.78
Three-month$27.82 ($83.47 total)
Reverse phone lookup$4.99

Membership subscriptions automatically renew every 30 or 90 days unless you cancel before the start of the next payment period. If you sign up for the five-day trial and don’t cancel before it expires, you’re automatically charged $34.78, the one-month subscription rate, every 30 days until you cancel. You can cancel your membership through your online account or by phone.

Instant Checkmate FAQ

Is Instant Checkmate safe?
Yes, Instant Checkmate is safe. The company has a verified Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate and uses 128-bit encryption. Instant Checkmate also runs malware checks with Norton Antivirus software daily.
Does Instant Checkmate notify the person you’re searching?
No, Instant Checkmate does not notify any search subjects.
Is Instant Checkmate legal?
Yes, it is legal to use Instant Checkmate, but it is illegal to use the service to look up any information governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), including screening someone for employment, a lease or credit eligibility. Make sure you follow the search guidelines when using Instant Checkmate.
Is Instant Checkmate free to use?
No, Instant Checkmate is not free. You must sign up for a membership. Memberships start at $27.82 a month and give you access to unlimited reports.
Is Instant Checkmate worth the price?
Yes, if you need the company’s service, it is worth the price. Even though the information on Instant Checkmate comes from public records, you would have to search through each individual federal, state and county database to find the information. Instant Checkmate compiles it all into one easy-to-read report, and all subscriptions include unlimited reports.

Is Instant Checkmate legit?

Instant Checkmate saves you time searching through numerous government databases to find the information you need. Sometimes people aren’t who they say or keep things from you that they don’t want you to know. Using Instant Checkmate helps you verify someone’s identity before meeting them in person or going into business with them, which protects you in the long run. Instant Checkmate is not a substitute for a traditional background check, however.

Instant Checkmate Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

If I had a need for accessing the information Instant Checkmate provides on a regular basis, I would definitely subscribe. They are straightforward and the provided information is thorough and easy to sift through via their site. Thanks for the trial and I'd definitely recommend your product and service to others. Also, easy to contact a real person to talk to if need be.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Your customer service agent was most helpful and was able to get to the bottom of the problem. It was that I was being double charged for an account that wasn’t even using. So at the end of it and they will give me a refund for that account that I wasn’t using and to straighten out and move forward to secure a promotional rate for my monthly subscription so I’m very pleased. Thank you very much.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I was able to navigate this service easily. I would recommend this service to anyone. I found what I was looking for in complete detail and it was very informative. I no longer need the service because that is what I was looking for. And it was very easy to cancel the service. As well as the customer service was really wonderful. Thank you for providing the service.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I have used ICM as a member on several occasions and each time was very satisfied. I was able to accomplish what I needed to do in a timely manner and have also recommended their services to others. Thank you Instant Checkmate team for your help at times and for handling my needs. Keep up the good work in helping people with their needs and questions.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

It gives you all public record information that is 100% accurate. They really do a great job by having information that confirms that the subject is who you are interested in. It gives great detail until you’re wanting to go beyond the provided information which at that point requires additional funding but is even more useful because it expands on further into the subject to provide a great service!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

The person I spoke to was incredibly efficient and spoke in a very clear voice with beautiful enunciation. They were very patient in helping me solve the problem I was having. I'd say that was the best interaction I have had with a customer service representative in a very long time.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I have used Instant Checkmate before and usually come back every year for updates. I love their 'timeline' feature, which I haven't seen on other sites. Their customer service agents have always been so nice and helpful. I just got off the phone with Ruthy, who seemed like I knew her for years. I will come back again!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I couldn’t believe that you listed the purchase of a property in the timeline. The purchase had occurred less than 6 months prior to my search. You truly have the most current information. That was the only way I was able to find the address I needed.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

This website was for my own purpose. Checking my own background had a lot of info missing & wrong info also. Other ones I checked some were right on, others not so much. I saw info that was shocking. I do not know if this is a reliable website but it is a start. Also had checked out criminals in our area, was good to see and was surprised to know that so many are in our areas. I wanted to check this website out because I had a person that came back into our life after a very long time & was not sure where or if we or I wanted this. After checking this person out I felt safe & happy that I feel comfortable with my decision. And want to thank you for the info you had on this person which was accurate. That was my main reason for this website check.

Instant Checkmate response

We're really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on our site. Our data is obtained from public records and various other records sources. We are always working with our data providers to get the best information possible. However, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate. This is due to variables, such as discrepancies between states over what is considered “public record.” We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

Sincerely,

Instant Checkmate Support

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

Everything that I looked for was in the report. And I will definitely do it again and would recommend it to anyone who needs the information. This is the Best Buy that you can find. Try it at least once and you will be amazed.

Instant Checkmate Company Information