2. Background Check Companies
Accredited Partner

Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.35/5

Instant Checkmate is a public records search service. All of the information is generated by searching public records from federal, state and county databases and compiling it into a report. You can look up addresses, phone numbers, social media profiles, driving records, arrest records, demographic data and a variety of other information.

Instant Checkmate Gallery (5)

BOTTOM LINE

Instant Checkmate searches multiple databases to create an easy-to-read report. Subscriptions come with unlimited reports. All information is public record and cannot be used for employment screenings.

PROS

• Unlimited reports with subscription
  • Detailed reports
  • Easy to use
  • Use 30 data points for reports

CONS

• Not a traditional background check
  • Subscriptions automatically renew

Top Instant Checkmate Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Checkmate does what it advertises - reveals otherwise difficult to obtain information about individuals. We found it useful recently when a home inspector gave misleading information about a home we were selling - checkmate revealed numerous problems with the individual, including tax evasion and ot

I have never felt so unsafe in my life with scammers who claim to be one and they are not. Instant Checkmate helped me tremendously to remove those who are not legitimate and are only scammers. Thank you guys. I feel much safer this way with your verifications.

Instant Checkmate Get Pricing

ConsumerAffairs operates independent of Instant Checkmate and does not offer background check services. Per the Instant Checkmate terms, you may not use this service or the information it provides to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or any other purpose that would require Federal Credit Reporting Act compliance. Instant Checkmate does not provide consumer reports and is not a consumer reporting agency.

What is Instant Checkmate?

Instant Checkmate lets you look up a person’s information by typing in their name, age and location in the search console. Instant Checkmate asks you questions about the person as it searches databases to narrow results down to the right match.

Once you have a match, you purchase a membership subscription to access the report. A subscription gives you access to unlimited reports for as long as you are enrolled.

You can look up the following information and more using Instant Checkmate:

• Phone numbers
  • Voter registration
  • Census data
  • Social media profiles
  • Bankruptcy history

Strict guidelines dictate how and why you can use a public records search service. Instant Checkmate is not a consumer reporting agency, and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) prohibits using Instant Checkmate to look up any information governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Before using Instant Checkmate, make sure you review the guidelines of what you can and can’t do with the information found on its site.

Instant Checkmate cost

Instant Checkmate offers two subscription plans. Both plans give you access to unlimited reports. The company bills one-month subscriptions every 30 days and three-month subscriptions every 90 days. Instant Checkmate offers a five-day free trial. The trial option shows up on the checkout page after several minutes.

PlanPrice per month
Five-day trialFree
One-month$34.78
Three-month$27.82 ($83.47 total)
Reverse phone lookup$4.99

Membership subscriptions automatically renew every 30 or 90 days unless you cancel before the start of the next payment period. If you sign up for the five-day trial and don’t cancel before it expires, you’re automatically charged $34.78, the one-month subscription rate, every 30 days until you cancel. You can cancel your membership through your online account or by phone.

Instant Checkmate FAQ

Is Instant Checkmate safe?
Yes, Instant Checkmate is safe. The company has a verified Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate and uses 128-bit encryption. Instant Checkmate also runs malware checks with Norton Antivirus software daily.
Does Instant Checkmate notify the person you’re searching?
No, Instant Checkmate does not notify any search subjects.
Is Instant Checkmate legal?
Yes, it is legal to use Instant Checkmate, but it is illegal to use the service to look up any information governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), including screening someone for employment, a lease or credit eligibility. Make sure you follow the search guidelines when using Instant Checkmate.
Is Instant Checkmate free to use?
No, Instant Checkmate is not free. You must sign up for a membership. Memberships start at $27.82 a month and give you access to unlimited reports.
Is Instant Checkmate worth the price?
Yes, if you need the company’s service, it is worth the price. Even though the information on Instant Checkmate comes from public records, you would have to search through each individual federal, state and county database to find the information. Instant Checkmate compiles it all into one easy-to-read report, and all subscriptions include unlimited reports.

Is Instant Checkmate legit?

Instant Checkmate saves you time searching through numerous government databases to find the information you need. Sometimes people aren’t who they say or keep things from you that they don’t want you to know. Using Instant Checkmate helps you verify someone’s identity before meeting them in person or going into business with them, which protects you in the long run. Instant Checkmate is not a substitute for a traditional background check, however.

Instant Checkmate Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Original review: March 3, 2020

I was asked to complete this survey after my last call to IC. I’ve had to call several times with various questions. Each time I’ve been greeted with very courteous and professional people. They always answer my questions to my satisfaction. Although the last time I called I was unable to get a conclusive answer, we came to the mutual conclusion that the subject of the search must have been removed from public records for some reason. The subject’s name did not appear under a people, phone, or email search. His name did not appear as a relative to his brother, father, or wife. I found his name as relative to his mother, but got an error message (attached) when I tried to view report.

I called IC for help and explained the situation. The person I spoke with was using a different browser, so to rule out the browser as being an issue, he wanted to try to view the report himself. However, when he pulled up the mother’s report, the subject’s name no longer appeared in the names of the relatives. The subject’s father had just told him he was going to find his address by looking at a background check service. Myself and your representative came to the conclusion that the father must’ve removed his (subject’s) name from public records. I give your representative kudos for spending the time with me on the issue. Great service from your people.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I was searching for a friend of mine to reconnect with. Your service gave me enough information to assist me with my search. The person I was looking for had contacts that were all dead ends. I did find a link to one of her sisters and pulled her information. I was able to contact her sister who informed me that my dear friend died in 2016. Even though it was not the outcome that I wanted, I now can go through the grieving process and get closure. Thank you for all of your help.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Thought all was lost trying to find real owner of RV I purchased in early Nov. 2019. Was given a old non valid title and no other info from guy I bought it from disappeared and person he had gotten invalid title wouldn't cooperate either. Was able to obtain name of valid title holder. Then with the help of Instant Checkmate I got more information than friends at a large police dept. could even come close to. They were amazed when I told them how much info I got. Social Media, all related phone #'s, Spouses, criminal backgrounds, way more than I expected. Got everything resolved and taken care of. Will highly recommend this service. Their phone help is superb!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

While the report failed to give me the information I was looking for regarding an aged open status on a dismissed court case the support from customer service was excellent. I called to cancel the subscription and Albert was very understanding and accommodating. He not only cancelled the subscription but also refunded my initial fee as the service did not give me the one item that I was using it to find. If I have the need for a background service again I would choose this one.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

A friend of mine gave me some information on a gentleman I have been dating for over a year. It was not complete so I decided to look into his background for my self. Instant Checkmate did a thorough job and the information I received was just what I needed to be able to make an informed decision about this person that I was getting serious about. Even the cancellation process was easy and the sweet lady that assisted me was great. With employees like this fine young lady your company will do great. I will highly recommend your service to my friends who utilize Facebook and other chat rooms. Thank you for all your assistance.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Is was a pleasure talking with your receptionist & she took care of my problem. Nice doing business with you. I will let my friends know that your service is great. Thank your receptionist for the great help she was. Give her a raise. Daniel.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

He was very helpful very professional. I enjoyed talking with him. He explained what he could and would do to help me. I was so excited that he could help me with my issue. Tell him that I really appreciate his professional skills.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

The customer service representative that assisted me was amazing. I’m sorry that I could not catch her name but I believe it was either Ruthie ** or something like that. She was extremely friendly, understanding, professional and wanted nothing but to help me solve my problem. This account was open fraudulently but I can see from dealing with customer service that they are great.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

The woman I spoke with explained everything to me when I had a question about and even helped me see some other opportunities in being a member I overlooked. Great team!! She laughed along with me over a silly mistake I made and put me at ease. A good honest company.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

The customer service representative was courteous. I had several questions in addition to unsubscribing and she answered these questions accurately and confidently. I WOULD RECOMMEND INSTANT CHECKMATE TO A FRIEND! I think that your service is both trustworthy and confidential.

Instant Checkmate Company Information