Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the positive review and high rating! We're happy to hear you were impressed with our reports! If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: May 13, 2017

Everything is spot on. There's zero errors in their reports! After talking with people and friends about the accuracy of the reports, everyone was impressed. They all loved InstantCheckMate.com as much as I do. Keep up the super sleuthing.

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for your positive review and high rating! We really appreciate your feedback, and we’re so happy to hear that you are enjoying our service. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: March 10, 2017

Very quick and easy to order. Great introductory offer. Very accurate information and fairly up to date. I would recommend this to a friend. Easy to navigate and great customer service. This is one of the best people search sites I have used.

Hi Sonia,

We’re so happy to hear that our service helped you find your lost friends and family members! Thank you for the positive feedback, and we're glad you love our service. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

It helped me find a ton of my lost friends and family members I would have never found on my own! LOVE IT.

Everything is great! Love it! I like the sequence, the family members, birth dates, deaths tree. I find all pieces of information helpful but would like more information without having to pay more money: Actually, wish I could search the globe. Other than that, I am very satisfied. Thank you.

Hi Arvin,

We’re so happy to hear that our service is helping you find what you are looking for. Thank you for the positive feedback and high rating! If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I was able to add more information to my investigations. My investigations require more information to support the case. This site has been able to provide very important part of puzzle to put together my cases. In most part subject's connections, criminal history, financial history tells much more about the person.

Hi Brittany,

Thank you for the positive review! We're so glad to hear you are happy with our service and that you found all the information you were looking for. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I have never been more happy with a service in my entire life!! I found exactly all of the information I was looking for on everyone in my life. Thank you for providing such an amazing service at such an affordable price. I will definitely be recommending these services to other people!

Hi Pat,

Thank you for your positive feedback and high rating! We're so glad to hear that we are able to help you with your questions and walk you through logging into your account when you call in. We sincerely appreciate your feedback!

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Although I'd like more accurate phone contact numbers, criminal backgrounds and obituary info, I have found that you provide OUTSTANDING personal service whenever I have a question or trouble logging on. Your phone staffers are the best... I have called (3) or (4) times and I wish I'd have noted their specific names... But it doesn't matter... They ALL are patient, helpful, honest and understanding (no matter how computer illiterate I am). They seem to give it a sincere personal touch without following some script etc. Specifically, the night-crew has been great... (and I'm NOT the easiest guy to talk to on the phone). BTW: Where can I find the "Color-Code" info?

Hi Michelle,

We're sorry that you had a negative experience with our site. Our billing details are prominently displayed before a customer decides to sign up for our services, and these terms can also be reviewed at anytime in our Terms of Use. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have additional questions or concerns. Our US-based member care team can be reached at 1-800-222-8985 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

They are asking $34.95, but no pricing is given upfront, before you waste 20 minutes while they ask a lot of questions and are constantly "loading" information (which they will give you NONE of unless you pay $34.95). Some fake reviews online, most say it's not good info they provide, and anyway it's super SLOW.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Hi Michele,

Thank you for the positive review and high rating! We're so glad to hear you find our service easy to use! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

Thank you! This is a great system and I love the slick, well laid out user interface. Easy to use, comprehensive data results. Only wish that the premium data was based on monthly flat rate fee vs per case. Has social media links that other websites do not have. Also seems to have more data up front after the initial search to help you identify the correct person to click on for a details report.

Hi Jim,

We're so sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Instant Checkmate when trying to update your credit card information on our site. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Renewing my membership for 6 mos at $59. I had an expired card when it came time to renew my subscription. I gave a new credit card expiration date and was told it would renew the following Monday. I have talked with several customer service people and no one has been able to program a renewal since about March 2017. Needless to say I am horribly disappointed and also disappointed with the new fee structure. The service itself is excellent. Easy to navigate. Great information.

Hi John,

We're really sorry to hear you didn't find the information you were expecting in our reports. Our data is obtained from public records and various other records sources, and we are constantly working with our data providers to get the best information possible. However, due to variables like clerical errors, slow processing times, and discrepancies between states over what is considered “public record,” some reports may be incomplete for people living in certain counties or may not be 100% accurate. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced, and we will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Information inaccurate. Has people related that are not related. They say they pull from public records. Public does not mean legitimate records. There are no birth or marriage records with matching date of birth or details that could link these people to me.

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the kind words! We're so glad to hear you are pleased with our service, and we appreciate you taking the time to leave your positive review.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I am most pleased with the information you have provided. Your reliability is superior over other companies supposedly offering this type of service. I wish to thank you for your good work in these matters. I will most likely continue to use your company for much needed info when such information is made available. Thanks again.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We sincerely apologize for your frustrating experience. We want to let you know that this feedback has been passed on to our developers, and they are working on a fix immediately to prevent the constant popup. Again, we apologize for your frustrations, and we will contact you in order to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I pay for the product already although every single time I log in I get harassed to upgrade. Take this whatever it is and select yes and no on constant popups. The only reason I still use it is because I'm too lazy to find something else and cannot figure out how to remove my credit card information and keep getting charged too. Might as well use it until I finally lose my mind. Hopefully you get the point.

Someone made four fraudulent charges to my credit card for payments to Instant Checkmate. I suspect the charges were made by an employee that got my number at a seafood restaurant in Aberdeen WA. Instant Checkmate should verify that the person charging online is the owner of the credit card before accepting payment.

Hi Mark,

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

The service used to be great. I would be able to go on and look up things the way I wanted to. Now, even though I have asked at least 20 times for the pop-ups to stop, I have every search interrupted with careless and callous pop-ups that are a complete waste of time. I used to refer people out to the service and I know some have purchased subscriptions. I have stopped referring people to Instant Checkmate because I don't want them to associate me with such an annoying experience. The information is good as long as you're willing to put up with the BS surrounding their incessant pop-up screens.

Hi Belinda,

We apologize for the incorrect information on your report. ur data is obtained from public records and various other records sources. We are always working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but as our Disclaimer states, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate. This is due to variables like clerical errors, slow processing times, and discrepancies between states over what is considered “public record.” There also exists the possibility of false positives, and more than one individual with the same name and basic information may match up with many other records. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced, and we will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I googled my own name and it led me to this site. Upon reading some of the entries there was 2 with only 40% correct information. This site listed me as being dead not once but twice with 2 very different backgrounds. Some of the information was fact. But I am very much alive and was shocked to learn they had me listed as being dead for the past 28 years.

I then called them only to learn they do not really pay attention to what information goes to which name. Buyer beware. You may or may not be getting the information you pay for. I requested them to remove my information since it was 60% false but I also took screen shots of all four posts about me. If you have given them money I urge you to get a second opinion on information you receive.

Hi A,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We're sorry that you experienced issues with the map in our report, and we will bring that up to our development team to look into. We sincerely apologize, and will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Poorly working location map, not user friendly. Attempted to move the map to better see one of multiple locations found and the map quit working. I used my cursor to move the map and then hit the '+' button to make it larger and it quit working.

Factual basis uncertain

Hi James,

We're sorry that you had a negative experience with our site. Our records show you signed up for our 3 month plan. In order to complete the enrollment process, each user is required to check a box to agree to Instant Checkmate's Billing Terms which are prominently displayed on the page and in our Terms of Use. If you have any questions regarding the foregoing, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Support at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Was on the 20 a month plan, then they were charging me over 80 a month without any notice until I started to review my credit card statements. This company should not be in business. When I cancelled the service, they asked me if I would stay if they only charged me 10 a month... What a joke.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hi Sandra,

We apologize for any mixups in our information. We are always working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but as our Disclaimer states, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced, and we will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I requested to find an individual. That person was dead. They kept sending me messages saying that person was in my town, which was a lie. He had never been to my town and being dead, would never be to my town.

This site has been very easy to use, they have great customer service and very fair pricing. It has been a been a very useful tool. I highly recommend them for anyone who wants or needs a service to screen people for any reason.

The service has been fast, informative and easy to use. It gives a good amount of information. I have never needed to purchase more detail, but feel I could find valuable information if need be. My one complaint is how often they ask you to review your experience.

Hi Alana,

Thank you for reaching out. We sincerely apologize that you were unhappy with our premium report. A manager from our member care department will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I purchased a two premium searches. The first one I purchased had the right information on it, however, the information or data on the report I purchased was replaced by a different/wrong one. The name was still right but the information is wrong. I would like to know if I can get my money back or be given the right information that I had purchased to begin with.

I couldn't believe how thorough this company was. After obtaining a background check on a client's wife of mine. We were able to obtain arrest information that we were unaware of. Which won our case in court. Best money well spent. Hands down the best website ever. I honestly would recommend anybody who's wanting to obtain a complete criminal background on anybody.

Hi Mary,

We're sorry to hear the information you found in some of our reports was outdated. Our data providers are always updating their information, but some state and local governments do not release their records to the public, or they may not update their databases annually, which can create gaps in our data. A manager from our member care team will contact you privately to resolve this issue.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Old information; not updated, and some flat wrong. Reverse phone search is wrong and old. Search links people who are merely associated by address or a neighbor, but that makes it appear as through linked or related people. Quality control is horrific.

Hi Ronald,

We're sorry to hear you were disappointed with the information found in our reports. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but sometimes the data just isn’t available to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

When checking background and others background's that I'm very close with I was not impressed. Information given was very vague, conditional, and far from the present time. Why would other want to find out what they have witnessed up front scene. When it's behind the scene, hide facts, and proof of these acts is what others are after.

I am very pleased with your services!! Your website helps me reconnect people who have lost contact with family/friends. I will always recommend your website to anyone trying to locate loved ones. You have helped me bring a lot of happiness to peoples lives. For this, I am very grateful.

Thanks to Instant Checkmate. I am able to get an honest and updated review of people that I know and even people that I have never met. As a result I have confidence to get in contact with people that I have very little information about. Thank you.

Yes I would recommend this site, and as a matter of fact, I already have. I didn't realize how much I would actually use a site such as this one until I actually had it. With the pace of today's world it is definitely a handy item to have. I have no complaints.

I just wanted to say I think your website is extremely helpful. It helped me find relatives for a friend who passed away and it helped me for $1.00 during your trial period. I really like your website and would use it again. I have referred friends to it as it was very helpful.

I get a lot of harassing phone calls, so I appreciate the fact that I can see who it is calling. Needless to say most of the calls have stopped. Some of the numbers however your service can't find. That's the only problem.

It gave me exactly what I needed, and the terms and conditions are fair. The price and what you can get for it are a good deal. I had the opportunity to speak with customer service representatives, and they were courteous and helpful. I would use this service unhesitatingly again, if I needed to.

I am happy about the services that I am receiving. Thank you for all your services. Your services really helped me out with reconnecting with all my buddies and all of my friends. The services really helped me out with a lot of things.

Hi Cindora,

We're very sorry to hear you didn't find the criminal records information you were looking for. While our data providers are always updating their information, some state and local governments do not release their records to the public, which creates gaps in our data. A manager from our member care team will contact you privately to resolve this issue.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I was very very unhappy with this service. It was extremely important for me to get current info on someone for the safety of myself and family, so I have this a shot. Only after I had paid the money could I find out that the info was over 8 yrs old and also completely incorrect. It stated in here that he was found innocent on something he spent 8 yrs in prison for. Do not recommend this service at all!

Instant Checkmate Company Profile