Hi Jason,

Thank you for the positive review and high rating! We're happy to hear you were impressed with our reports! If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: May 13, 2017

Everything is spot on. There's zero errors in their reports! After talking with people and friends about the accuracy of the reports, everyone was impressed. They all loved InstantCheckMate.com as much as I do. Keep up the super sleuthing.

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for your positive review and high rating! We really appreciate your feedback, and we’re so happy to hear that you are enjoying our service. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: March 10, 2017

Very quick and easy to order. Great introductory offer. Very accurate information and fairly up to date. I would recommend this to a friend. Easy to navigate and great customer service. This is one of the best people search sites I have used.

Hi Sonia,

We’re so happy to hear that our service helped you find your lost friends and family members! Thank you for the positive feedback, and we're glad you love our service. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

It helped me find a ton of my lost friends and family members I would have never found on my own! LOVE IT.

Hi Yevgeniya,

I'm sorry that you had a negative experience with our site. Our management team is currently looking into this issue. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to us if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: May 10, 2017

I had the worst experience! I just found out I was being billed by Instant Checkmate for years! Good news first: they returned me 12 months worth of payments they withdrew from my bank account, but only after I threatened to have them investigated. Bad news: There is still approx. $1,100 of my money that they kept, customer service never replied to my email, operator asked for my phone number telling me someone will get back to me and no one did! Operator was not able to provide me with my contract.

They claim that I signed up for membership back in 2013 and ever since then they were billing my bank for over $29/month, each month, even though I did not authorize this, didn't use their services or member benefits. They were sending the bills to my spam email so that way I wouldn't see them. Operator told me I will receive an email confirming my cancellation but the email never came. I have never had to deal with this before. This is the very first company that screwed me like that and won't own up to it.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We apologize for any errors you may have come across in your reports. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to provide further assistance.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: May 3, 2017

It looks as if I have multiple Premium Reports for the same person. Am I being charged for each? In the last few months a bunch of errors have begun showing up in reports that were all correct up until the last time you "appear to have updated" your system. What's going on? Don't you test changes before you put them into the system?

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your recent experience with Instant Checkmate. We do provide date of death when possible, but sometimes the data just isn’t available to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: April 30, 2017

You recently removed all information relating to persons being dead or alive, after I indicated to your Customer Service people that it was one of the main reasons I carried the expense of continuous membership. Unless you change back, I will be terminating my membership in the very near future.

Hi Brent,

We apologize that the information was not as in depth as you were expecting. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but sometimes the data just isn’t available to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: April 22, 2017

There just didn't seem to be any in depth info. Nothing with a current address... or at least something that looked like a credible/reliable current address. No record of when the phones and emails were active. No records of divorce/marriages, court records were not nearly complete. No records of child support. Info on adult children missing. Just not worth paying more than $10 at most.

Hi Angel,

We appreciate your honest feedback regarding the information found in your reports. We are always working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but as our Disclaimer states, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate or up to date. We apologize and will contact you privately to resolve this issue.

Original review: April 20, 2017

Overall great, but your profiles need to be updated. They do not have the most up-to-date information, plus they keep referring back to old information (i.e. addresses, at the top left side, phone numbers, etc.) and it has been deleting aliases that are currently used that are verified. Some criminal records do not show up in the paid Premium Reports, nor does some of the assets. I hope by me doing this some of these issues are fixed/updated. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Instant Checkmate?

Hi Ricky,

We're really sorry to hear some of your son's information has been mixed into your report. Our data is obtained from public records and various other records sources. We are always working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but as our Disclaimer states, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate. There also exists the possibility of false positives, and more than one individual with the same name and basic information may match up with many other records. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced, and we will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Original review: April 20, 2017

A lot of my son's information has been merged into my info. This problem needs to be addressed by checking birth dates and Social Security Numbers, and Addresses. My son has a HVAC License and has lived in Athens, Ga most of his life. He was born ** in Riverside, CA while I was a member of the US Air Force.

The information I got wasn't dissatisfying, but I did expect a little more for the monthly fee... plus $19.99 per premium report? That one caught me by surprise but thought I'd try it once to see what I got. Nothing life changing, actually not much additional information. Not everyone is going to have dirt pulled on them... and a lot of the dirt was accessible from other sites. I was OK with getting through the first month and then cancelling, even after paying the extra $19.99 premium fee, but what ticked me off was I ended up with another premium charge. There is a pop up that asks you if you're ready for the premium, and I admit it was a little late, but for $20 a pop I think it should take you through more of a check out process, rather than just hitting one button.

Hi Raymond,

We’re sorry to hear you didn’t find what you wanted. While our data providers are always updating their information, some state and local governments do not release their records to the public, which creates gaps in our data. We are always working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but as our Disclaimer states, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate. A manager from our member care team will contact you privately to resolve this issue.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: April 17, 2017

I have found that I can not get any information on some Persons!!! Which is VERY DISAPPOINTING TO ME!!! And a lot of Information is not up to Date!!! Like Phone Numbers and Addresses... It also said that I myself have 34 criminal charges which is very WRONG!!! And has my daddy has 8 and he has NONE PERIOD!!!

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We'll bring that issue up with our developers. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us if you ever have a question or need help with our website. Our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: April 14, 2017

Usually helpful. It would be beneficial if you could indicate the last time a phone number was verified as you indicate the last time an address was used. It is infuriating that your drop-down messages that have check boxes for "Do not show this again" are completely ignored. If you plan to ignore the check boxes, then don't include them on the drop-downs. It just makes Checkmate look inefficient or insensitive to your customers.

Hi Carol,

We’re sorry that you weren’t happy with our service, but glad to hear that our member care team could help you out. Please feel free to contact us again if you need anything else. Our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985. Thank you for your feedback!

Instant Checkmate

Original review: April 7, 2017

This was not at all helpful, there was no useful additional information that wasn't available elsewhere for free - don't waste your money on the upgrade. This information is not even up to date as I found other addresses elsewhere that weren't even listed in the upgrade.

Hi Melissa,

Original review: April 6, 2017

First of all they tell you you can search for free on the web and then when you go on their site. You sit there and wait sometimes 20 minutes for them to retrieve all the information then once they tell you they have your background check on the person then it proceeds to direct you to a payment page when it says it's for free. It should be for free. I think that that's false advertisement.

Hi Larry,

Thank you for your honest feedback, and we apologize for your frustrating experience. There is a checkbox on these popups that you can click that says "Don't show this again." If you have any questions regarding the foregoing, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Support at 1-800-222-8985.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Too many dropdowns. Right in the middle of every search, down comes the ad to buy the premium report. I like your product and the ease of use but I will change if the annoying dropdowns persist. Once every 10 times would be ok. Please!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hi Lamesha,

We’re happy that our member care team was able to get that issue resolved for you. If you need help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-800-222-8985. Our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: April 5, 2017

I signed up to do a background check on myself and this service did not provide any useful information. To add insult to injury I was just charged again for this ** service. I regret having signed up but I will be canceling this subscription as soon I finish this review.

Hi Angel,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback! We're so happy to hear that our service is helping you and your girlfriend find lost relatives. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: April 3, 2017

I was looking for my girlfriend's biological father. I had limited information and the information I entered seemed to pop up the most accurate results in all the searches we have done in the last 2 years. I am happy with it. The information is presented in an organized and easy to understand manner. It also makes it easy to connect the dots when researching lost relatives. I have found my own lost relatives by other means and wish I use Checkmate sooner. Hopefully everything pans out well for my girlfriend. No one should go their entire lives without knowing the other half of their genetics.

Hi Drew,

I see that your issue has been completely resolved. I'm very happy that our member care team was able to assist you. Thank you again for your feedback, and please feel free to contact us at any time if you have additional questions or comments. Our US-based member care team can be reached at 1-800-222-8985 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: April 1, 2017

Premium report. My extra $20 made no difference whatsoever, though I know for a fact there was more info on that subject. I thought the boost extended to my other searches (wishful thinking, I realize now; you avoided specifying). Unless you improve my experience, I won't be renewing. Please do not charge me anymore.

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: March 31, 2017

I found out who my boyfriend's other girlfriend is. He only told me he was seeing somebody else, but would not tell me who it is. It is someone he once lived with. She is 6 years older than him. I am 9 years younger than him. She was a nurse and is still working (possibly with pets in some capacity). I know she has children and grandchildren.

Needed information about my estranged son's family for inclusion in his grandmother's family tree. Did not have wife's full maiden name, nor did it have any information of my grandchildren's full names or dates of birth. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!

Hi George,

Thank you for the positive feedback! We're happy to hear we are able to help you find your friends, relatives, and classmates. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Original review: March 27, 2017

You're doing a great job helping me find people. It is a tough job with moving targets. I have been looking for friends, relatives and classmates. In most cases I have found good information. I greatly appreciate the possible relatives which has been very useful in making positive ID.

Hi Sarah,

We're glad to hear you like our service, and we appreciate your honest feedback regarding our premium reports. We apologize for your frustrations about the costs of the premium upgrades, and we will contact you in order to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Original review: March 27, 2017

I've been using this program a few months now and it's paid itself off several times over. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it is overpriced on the additional information reports. It should be half the cost to run the additional report even though it costs you money.

Hi Heather,

Thank you for your feedback. We know how frustrating it is when you don’t get the information you were expecting. We are constantly working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but due to some states’ laws regarding public records, and slow electronic processing times in certain counties, there may be gaps in our data for some jurisdictions. We sincerely apologize, and will contact you privately to work out a resolution.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: March 25, 2017

I have been looking for a service like Instant Checkmate offers for a few months now. All the awards and reviews on the website I chose Instant Checkmate. I purchased the Standard Report and it took a good 20 minutes to receive the partial information. I did not receive what was promised and had to pay again to be able to see the information. Then Instant Checkmate wanted me to pay more again to see the information but thank goodness I did not give in. Instant Checkmate offers a wonderful service but it is not real! After being told I would get all these searches done and what would be on the report it basically made me pay more to see it and I only did because it said it was there (something was found). Then after paying more it gave me a piece and again said to pay more to see what was found. I'm not one to be such a fool but Instant Checkmate got me.

I was just waiting on the phone for 30 minutes because they are open 24/7 to discuss this matter. All I did was press 2 to talk to an agent then I waited for 30 minutes and hung up. I have been in the customer service and sales field for many years and I would never go to the extreme and lie to get a sale. Never have I written a complaint or bad review but Instant Checkmate takes advantage of people in need. All in all the information found was all information I knew from Google. Beware of this website and don't be a fool like me.

Updated on 05/17/2017: Please do not trust this company even if you have spoke to them! They assured me I would not be charged anymore and I would be refunded for the 2 months. They are still charging me without consent!! I used their service one time and purchased a one time only not a subscription! This company is a scam! I'm going to have to take legal action!

Hi Karen,

Thank you for reaching out. We strive to provide our members with extensive public record information in our standard reports (including names, aliases, phone numbers, location history, possible related persons, arrest records, sex offenders, licenses, social media accounts, and horoscopes). However, customers do have the opportunity to upgrade their Standard Report to a Premium Report, which will supply additional and supplemental data about a person. A premium purchase is not required to view basic information.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: March 22, 2017

The price to join is reasonable but if you want more than just address and phone you have to pay an additional $19.95 for each search.

Hi Michael,

We’re sorry to hear you didn’t find the information you were looking for in your report. While our data providers are always updating their information, some state and local governments do not release their records to the public, which creates gaps in our data. A manager from our member care team will contact you privately to resolve this issue.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: March 15, 2017

Report shows nothing. No previous driver's licenses. No address dates. No previous court dates. Waste of money. Will cancel if no back-dated info shows up within 30 day period. I need previous driver's license for Michael ** and past addresses, court dates in Virginia 1989-1992, and Virginia tax liens past that proved where I lived 1989-1992.

Hi Kate,

Original review: March 7, 2017

I signed up for a $1.00 trial account for this service. The information they allow you to see is outdated and vague. Additional information is all extra payment, and not much is there, making it not worth it. I forgot to cancel it within the "trial" period and found they had charged me, within the trial period, $1.00, 4 payments of $29.63, and 1 payment of $29.66. To date, (it's been over two weeks since I initially signed up for a "trial") I have yet to receive any sort of refund whatsoever. I am not a wealthy person and this has significantly devastated my finances. Not only is the information lousy, the stress created from the bogus bank charges makes it definitely a website to avoid unequivocally. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

Hi Al,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We're sorry to hear you were frustrated by how our service returns results. We are always making improvements to our site based on customer feedback such as yours.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I am frustrated by having you locate information via a phone number and then having you list several different people when I ask for a background check. If I want more information I want it on the person who is connected with that phone number, not a list of similarly named individuals.

Hi Vicki,

Thank you for reaching out. We apologize that you were unable to view your reports, but we want to let you know that we’re committed to making things right. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I have used this service before and all was fine. This time my payment has been deducted but I cannot access reports. I've called 4 times and on hold forever. I've also used the option to have an agent call me back, no call has came. Basically, I've lost 35.00.

Hi Michael,

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

I created an account with Instant Checkmate for one month. Gave log-in required information and password (kept record not to forget). Subsequently, my attempt to log-in failed. Phoned and was given directions to log in with the temporary word "checkmate" because I requested to change my password. In fact, truth is I never requested such a change. Besides, had I asked to change, I would have changed it myself. Even today, with my original password, I cannot log in. Second deceptive issue: on two (2) occasions I was charged, much to my surprise, twice $19.99 extra.

In my discussions with your personnel, the deceptive word in very large printing (continue) is clearly a deceptive design to seek more information in which case your company charges that fee. Information seeking three names gave scant and several errors in your report. In one case, you could not locate a person even though I gave full name, residence, state. Your reply: not available. I know he exists, we're on facebook. Clicking "continue" in another case with wrong reporting, I discovered your company charged me $19.99. Bottom line: I will no longer use Instant Checkmate, instead, urge anyone never to use their deceptive service.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your positive review and high rating! We really appreciate your feedback, and we’re so happy to hear that our service helped you find what you were looking for. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Not much to say than absolutely satisfied with the service. I was able to get all that I was looking for and I am still hoping to get more from the website. It will be great to have friends and family know about the good service and let them know how well the website functions.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. A senior member of our team will be in touch privately to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I went through the process to do a search on their site. I used a temporary email address that had only been used to receive emails and had not been used in several months. It had not received any email in several months. Immediately after giving them my email address and ensuring that I unchecked any boxes that said they could share information, that email address started to receive spam emails. Now, a month or so later, it receives 2-5 spam emails a day and the number is growing. Several of the emails have been detected to have malicious code in them. Very poor site. I usually don't take the time to comment on anything, but this site and their affiliates are the type of people that should be driven from the internet.

Hi Shelley,

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I asked Instant Checkmate to cancel my so-called "membership" in May and asked the bank to stop auto debiting my account. They continued debiting my account until October at which point my bank stopped payments, even though I asked my bank in May to stop paying them. I contacted them again yesterday and told Instant Checkmate that this is my second time contacting them. They said they have no record, and would now send me an email receipt acknowledging my cancellation. I also filled out their useless online cancellation form. I still have no email from them. I want my money back that they stole from me and I want them to stop auto-enrolling unsuspecting users into a phony membership, whose purpose is to steal money and make it impossible to stop them from doing so. I want them shut down and convicted of deceptive and fraudulent business practices. DO NOT ENGAGE BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hi Aaron,

We're so glad to hear that our member care team could help you out. Please feel free to contact us again if you need anything else. Our US-based member care team is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can reach us at 1-800-222-8985.

Instant Checkmate

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

I signed up for Instant Checkmate to satisfy my curiosity. Sure, it takes a few minutes to provide you with information you could go get yourself for free, but what their service does in 6 minutes would probably take the average Joe 6 hours, assuming he/she knew where to get the information, because it is all considered public information unless that person "shields" that information from public view.

The problem, as always, is the representation of the product. If you "order" a phone number search, that's what you get, a phone number. The name of the person linked to that phone number is only as good as the last time the carrier updated the information, or, on the flip side, the link to the person who uses the number is only as good as the information online. Huh? That's right. Let's say the number is registered to John L Doe. So you google the name. What you probably didn't realize is it's NOT the same John L Doe you're looking for. It's just the way search engines work sometimes. Very common names (words) are ranked by use. Use doesn't care if it's the right one.

As with ANY purchase, reading the fine print will reveal pretty important stuff. With Instant Checkmate, when you pay for a year, you get a year. Even if you cancel, you're still paying for the year. Your account is still active, so if you sign back in at any time after you cancel, you incur even more charges. So if you're like me, you "ordered" the phone search. Yep, that's what I got. If I want more information than the phone number, it costs more money. Want to download that in information? Yes, it costs more money, and be mindful, these are not "one-time charges" they are recurring billing charges.

I have followed the cancellation instructions several times. I have successfully "canceled" my contract several times. Unfortunately all users sign a limited use contract without knowing it. In other words, you're stuck with it and the charges until your subscriptions end. Don't bother calling the customer service number. Nobody will answer. If they do, they are not terribly helpful. The long and the short of the story is I've paid Instant Checkmate $169.30 for two (2) phone number searches. Neither was accurate. Want to avoid all this? Do your own research on how to find accurate public information for free. Really.

Instant Checkmate Company Profile