1.11/5
Based on 463 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1342 Groupon Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

Garden furniture ordered - picture had grey furniture with a cream umbrella. Ordered with the umbrella and a green one turned up. Contacted Groupon to be told I could keep it and have a £20 voucher or return the umbrella for a refund. I'd like the correct umbrella but that isn't one of the options provided? Awful customer service from start to finish. Told that the photos were indeed misleading in the photos on the site and they'd had other cases of this with the set. Explained that's selling items not advertised but they simply said those were the options. Was given the option of an alternative umbrella which was completely different and not what I wanted - currently with a manager awaiting a callback. Advice would be to not use, pay the extra and get items for better company.

Original review: June 16, 2018

We bought tickets through Groupon Live to see Barry Manilow at the Westgate Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. The show was cancelled because Barry was hospitalized with a Bronchial Infection and we were never notified that the show had been cancelled. Things happen and shows need to be cancelled, but the venue or Groupon should have contacted customers to tell them. Barry was admitted to the hospital the night before. They had the entire day to notify people and we yet we never received a text, email, or phone call from anyone. Instead we wasted our time driving to the event only to find out it had been cancelled. We won't ever purchase a show ticket from Groupon again since they clearly have such low regard for their customers.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My husband & I made a trip to Pigeon Forge, got tickets through Groupon for a show. Got there 1 hr to showtime and found out the show had been canceled. We were not notified. We went to another show that was excellent. Got home and tried to resolve this with Groupon and couldn't find a phone number nor a place to email them. However, the media/journalists have a direct email to them. I tried that and it auto-replied that I could not use that email to use postmaster. It just said postmaster no other part of the email address. I'm so frustrated. This was my first and last time to use Groupon. Wish I had read the reviews before booking. We are out $67.24!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I paid for 2 day shipping on a Tuesday, and didn’t receive my earbuds until the next weeks Wednesday. It took over a week for them to get here even though I paid more for 2 day shipping than the earbuds cost. I might’ve just been unlucky but so are other people I know that have had this happen so if you’re thinking of paying for 2 day shipping. Just save your money and don’t buy it.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Very disappointed with Groupon - with an attempt to purchase then confirm transaction of Baseball tickets for Milwaukee Brewers vs Chicago Cubs game. Groupon advertised, for day of ticket sale for Baseball game, we followed all prompts, transaction said "pending" - we arranged for 4 people to be picked up and travel to venue for game - for 2 hours the transaction on Groupon said pending also on credit card. We called Groupon, and 3rd party who were holding the tickets and both 2 times in that 2 hours either couldn't help us referring to the other or send sale still pending. 25 min before game start the transaction said refunded (on Groupon site) after I had an online chat with Groupon - I now was at venue for game and purchased tickets at box office but will never use Groupon again after this very frustrating experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?

Original review: June 13, 2018

I bought a pair of shorts. When they finally came, they too small so I used the return label that came with the order. Never heard from them, so I contact them after several attempts and sending all information, I was told they could not help. If you buy from them be advice their return policy is not good at best. I am out 25 bucks. This what they wrote me back (I was checking the account with my supervisor. And we never received the package back. Do you have a tracking number. Because if we do not receive the package or we can see where the package is at this point. I am not able to refund you sir.) so be careful with this site.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I purchased a $20 Kohl's gift card for $10 on Groupon. When I went to redeem the card on Kohl's website, it was declined. I tried four different times. I reached out to Groupon. They acknowledged there was a problem but said it would take several days before they could resolve it. I asked about a refund - they said it was final sale. I asked about issuing a replacement gift card - they said there are no exchanges. But, the problem is on their end, not mine. I'm pretty sure the item I wanted at Kohl's is going to sell out before Groupon even bothers to respond back to me.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I am embarrassed to say I’ve given this service many chances. My last experience was renting a photo booth for my husbands 50th birthday party on Groupon. Company took my money didn’t show at the party didn’t answer my calls and never returned my voicemail messages. Called Groupon left VM email and chatted online and yet again no response back. Had to call my credit card company and report fraud. They returned my money with no problems but my husband turns 50 once and I was so disappointed to say the least. Run far away from Groupon and save yourself the stress.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have contacted them via their chatline 3 times. Twice they have quoted a delivery date and the item didn't arrive. On the 4th chat, I asked if a refund was possible. He said he would send me one. I asked when it would arrive and he ended the chat. I'm reluctant to order from elsewhere until they send a refund. Today they say it's coming tomorrow 10 June, but they always say that! No more Groupon 'deals' for me. Thanks.

Original review: June 8, 2018

So I am a inquiry about items not purchased on my behalf, whom did this unknown. So scrolling thru email I come across "thank for your order!!" I was like wait what...yes I supposedly purchased a class ring...48.00 charge plus fees. No I did not. So I continue on scrolling to clear email box. Well earlier that week or so prior I questioned my bank acct but put my mind at ease it was insurance payment that was withdrawn for 89.00. But after first charge I investigated...nope it was Groupon purchase for cleaning service for 89.00. So I contact my bank to make sure no one compromised my card. So with, no was q answer I turn to customer support.

We are currently trying to resolve with them continuing to say this is not fraud, a truthful purchase and my 3 days policy is I'm not entitled to refund. Not my fault by any means. I want my money as fast and they took it. This is a joke. I have documents from bank with sequence numbers...etc. Never asked for but they investigated this and I'm at a loss. 19 emails of a very upset customer they simply don't care. It's not that hard to go beyond and satisfy a customer that is not at fault just out money which is not much in their mind...but as a parent every penny is important. They also said, "We'll give it as a gift." Umm no. Still don't work.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I purchased a voucher with my credit card from Groupon for 2 people dining at Louisiana Seafood & Steakhouse on April 1, 2018. The next day, I realized that my daughter was coming home, so I contacted Groupon and asked to exchange my voucher to be for 4 people, and I paid the difference with my credit card, and that was how my Groupon shopping experience started!

We chose a lovely April evening, went out for dinner, looking forward to an enjoyable time at Louisiana. When we got there, guess what? The restaurant was closed! It was just an ordinary week day, not a weekend, nor a holiday. We did not know what happened. We had tried to call the restaurant many times, however, no one had picked up and it went to voicemail directly, so I tried to call Groupon but could not find any phone number from their website, so we had to go home and email Groupon. They replied and said they will contact the restaurant to find out what is going on. Several days later, they sent me another email which had said that they were working on the problem with the restaurant…

After several emails back and forth, they finally agreed to refund, but only part of the money was returned to my credit card. The rest was refunded as Groupon bucks, because as they said they could only refund my money to the original form, and my payment for 2 people dining was put into Groupon bucks by Groupon before the exchange. I told them I had nothing to purchase from Groupon at that time. They apologized and promised that issues with businesses closing without warning would never happen again, but they still refused to return the remaining money to my credit card. I accepted it and thought how Groupon is a big platform, these kinds of things happen sometimes, so I let it go and had made another purchase with the refunded bucks, it was for Xpress Pedicure which I did not truly need.

But when I called Xpress for an appointment, guess what? Xpress told me that the promotion stopped several days ago. They apologized that Groupon did not inform me, so again, I had to contact Groupon, asking for a refund. This time, one of their co-worker agreed that it is not fair to refund Groupon bucks again, and promised to refund my money directly to my card. He told me in our live chat: ”You have my word... I can assure you it will be directly to your card. No worries…” When I asked him why the money was still in my Groupon account several days later, he said: "The process is being done properly… the process is up to ten business days… We urge your patience on the process being done as it's usual."

So I waited for over 10 business days, and guess what?! The money has still not been returned to my card!! When I tried to contact the staff who promised me the refund, they had another person answer me and of course repeat the same explanation again!! From the beginning of April, I had to send Groupon countless emails, most of the time, another staff would reply, and I had to explain patiently the whole story again and again. I even attached the live chat copy for their reference, and on Jun.6, their staff named M. ** sent a sounds-like-final decision-email to me: "I apologize for the miscommunication… It cannot be refunded back to your credit card.”

So that was it, I do not want to contact them anymore, what I did was to write down the entire story, and let all of you know how Groupon had treated me, and could potentially treat you the next time when you make a purchase from Groupon, they had promised me twice to fix the problems caused by themselves, but neither of them has ever kept their word!! Shopping was supposed to be a pleasant experience, however, what I got from Groupon’s was just two-months of tedious troubles!!!

Original review: June 7, 2018

“I purchased a voucher for art lessons; the phone #, weblink and email are all out-of-service. Internet search confirmed this business has been closed for some time. Attempted for 3 weeks to contact Groupon (they no longer receive incoming calls). Emails, "Chat-helps" and requests for telephone callback were met with auto-messages asking if I was happy with the customer service and provided NO resolution of the problem. When I finally received a reply email addressing my specific issue, it offered me a "Trade-In" (not the refund I requested). After much persistence, time, and effort, I received promise that a refund will be given within 10-days. In spite of my alerting Groupon of the fraudulent voucher to a non-existent business, they are continuing to sell vouchers to other unsuspecting customers. I am closing my Groupon account and will never purchase another Groupon.”

Original review: June 7, 2018

I make purchases on Groupon quite often, and have always been happy with the items purchased and customer service. That being said I recently downloaded the app to my phone to use while away. There were a few glitches while away however they fixed them so I could still use the deals while away. When I got home I was viewing some deals, the next day I got an email saying that I purchased one. Which I didn't. My mistake is I kept my credit card number on file for speedy transactions. I have since deleted the app and my numbers from account. I have emailed several times, first answer was they sent a response check my spam, it wasn't there. This morning I got an email saying they credited my Groupon account for future purchases. I'm calling my credit card to stop payment. I didn't place this order. I still have all my emails.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I purchased 2 different Groupon for 2 different services. I received 2 vouchers that gave a September expiration date & a November expiration date. When I called to make an appointment, the salon said that I was only allowed to use 1 of the Groupon that I purchased. I am new at Groupon & I did not know that this was the case. I contacted Groupon customer service & they said that the 3 day period had passed & they refused to give me a refund or credit. They said that I should have read the "fine print", which still wasn't clear about not using 2 different Groupon offers. I have to accept my $87 loss to Groupon. I plan to remove their App from my phone & never buying another Groupon. Lesson learned.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I downloaded the app months ago and only been on it once. Apparently while I was on vacation, I accidentally opened the app and a Groupon was purchased - not sure how the heck that could happen. If it opened I would have closed it. It should take more to make a purchase than just to open the app. I didn't know about the Groupon until I saw a charge for $25 on my credit card. I spend over an 2 hours on chats and the phone trying to get my money back, but apparently it was over the 3 days from this accidental purchase that should have never happened in the first place. IMO Groupon has stolen $25 from me, plus hours of my time.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I ordered a watch on here for the first time ever using Groupon and my last... Very unprofessional. Been told 3 different dates now for delivery still hasn't arrived. Quick enough money from my account but delivery and customer service is absolutely awful!!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

Groupon provides coupons that are good, easy to go through and clip by printing. But the need to request coupons is not shown. But my satisfaction is important and I feel the service is needed.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I used Groupon for the shuttle once before and saved $19. Let's do that again. Here's a Groupon for $45. Yes, I'll even save a few more $. I received my voucher via email. Went to the shuttle website. None of my codes worked for a reservation. ??? I need to check with Groupon. Good luck with that. Their website is an endless loop of Customer Support page >>> FAQ >>> Pg B >>> Pg C >>> Customer Support. No phone numbers, no email. SAYS they prefer Live Chat. Okay, where's the ** link? Incredibly frustrating and infuriating. I finally had to create a Facebook account in order to reach them. They said to just print out the voucher and show up for your shuttle. Like I'm going to trust what *you* guys say. I just spoke with the shuttle service. Yes, I have a reservation for the 26th. Relieved and somewhat surprised. What about the 24th when I come back? Nothing. Dopey dopey me.

Since the shuttle charges $36 one way, and last time I paid $49 for round trip, surely $45 is round trip. Plus, the web form asked for when I am returning. Apparently not. I just paid $9 more than if I had called the shuttle service directly. The shuttle reservations person explained that I hadn't ordered through Groupon, I had gone through someone that advertises on the Groupon site. WHAT?!?! From the url, I'm assuming it was Viator, Inc. I just made my return shuttle reservation myself. So stay away from Groupon. I will never ever use them again. And if you see "Viator" on a website or in the url, close that page immediately. They're crooks. In the interest of honesty, I have to admit that I missed a support email address on the voucher. My fault. But shouldn't I be able to find contact info ON THEIR WEBSITE?

Original review: June 2, 2018

How can they call themselves customer service. It's more like intentionally frustrating service. They say they understand but instead give you a bunch of nonsense and other options. They need other jobs like working in a field picking vegetables or something not dealing with people or requiring reading. I tried four times to contact them to change an address. Complete frustration. Never will I use them again.

Original review: June 2, 2018

It never fails; whenever I order anything from Groupon, these things happen 100% of the time: 1) Delivery takes a longer than usual time; 2) The merchandise is not of good quality (it breaks or stops working within a week's time). With that being said, the deals they offer are pretty good; but the value of the physical things I buy is very poor.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Bought a garden table and chairs from this company, when goods arrived it was a double bed, contacted Groupon to tell them the mistake. 6 weeks later still waiting on them to collect wrong order and either issue refund or send proper order, customer service is nonexistent. They are getting to contact the shipping agents? Do not respond to emails as you can’t ring them and if they do do not answer any questions you have asked. Please do not deal with this company either as a customer or seller. They blame the seller on mistakes. They have my money €419 and still no product or refund. Avoid this company at all costs.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I was looking for certain chair and couch covers and Groupon had a lower price than other retailers. I placed one order for 4 items. I did have the wrong shipping address and caught the error when I looked at the order confirmation. Their website says, "You have 2 hours to edit," which I did. Here is where all H___ breaks. When I got the notice my order was ready to ship. It was to an address I sent a Christmas gift to. I contacted Groupon and they said that I had inadvertently canceled one of my items (Which I did not) and that when you change an address you have to change each individual item. Well how customer friendly is that website? I have one order number for four items but have to change address for each items separately.

SOOO I have one piece canceled, one piece shipping to CA and 2 pieces going to Mississippi from one order. I spoke with 2 customer service reps and 2 supervisors with no resolution. Lesson learned again you get what you pay for. I would rather and am going to pay a higher cost to get better service. I placed an order just now on Amazon for the chair cover they said I canceled (which I did not) and will get it in 2 days where I have to contact the person in Mississippi and ask and have them pay for (which I will pay them back) to ship my items to CA. STAY AWAY FROM GROUPON UNLESS YOU WANT A HUGE HEADACHE.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Let me start this review off by saying this is my first time using Groupon and my last!!! And I work for a hotel so I know how they correspond with third party bookings and such. To begin with, I booked my room for The Liki Tiki Resort for my birthday trip in June. I go to this resort twice every year and of course always try to find the cheapest way to book the rooms. My friend recommend Groupon after I recommended the resort to her for her birthday trip, so I decided to check Groupon out, the price was way better than the other site I had checked out. They even offered free cancellation up until four days before my check in date, without any extra fee. All of this was just amazing, so I spoke to my mom and we agreed to go ahead and book the hotel room before it sold out, which it did.

While making the reservation I was using my mother's card and her name and all that Jazz, since I am only turning 20 and the card is under her name. Remind you, I am a front desk agent so I know in almost all case in order for a guest to check in the card has to be under their name. So, I book the room with no issues using my mother's name, received the confirmation, and thought I was all set. Now a couple of weeks later I go and check out my reservation on Groupon to make sure everything was how it should be. I sign in and proceed to my reservation and lo and behold my reservation was now under my name and not my mother's. Immediately after seeing this I searched for a way to change the name on my own, once I figured out I couldn't do that I had to find a way to get in contact with Groupon since they don't have a phone number (MAJOR RED FLAG).

So I go through their online live chat to speak to an agent, I explain to them my situation and he informs me that he cannot change the name on the reservation. I would have to go directly to the resort WHICH IS A LIE!!! When booking a reservation with a third party they are the only ones who are authorized to change your booking not the hotel. So I decided to humor him and contact the resort, he gave me the reservations department and I asked him is he sure about the hotel making the changes and not them. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and called in to the reservation department, as I expected they could not change that name on the reservation which I already had known. But not only did the representative told me that she cannot change the name but also I will not be able to check in due to my age, even if she is there with me and she cannot check in because it is under my name.

So now I am more than a little upset because not only is a mistake on their side messing up my vacation I am possibly not going to be able to get a refund if I do decide to cancel because I cannot check in. So I contact Groupon a second time explaining everything from the name change to the agent that flat out lied, and then requested to speak to a supervisor like the lady from the resort recommend I do. The agent agreed that she will transfer me but instead she ended the chat. Now I'm frustrated. Not only am I getting the runaround but I still have not had anyone resolved my issue.

So for the third time, I reach out to Groupon and tell them everything and again request for a supervisor, the agent told me to wait while he transferred my to the supervisor. So I am waiting for about 20 minutes for this supervisor when the agent tells me that there is a delay in the service and the supervisor will just give me an email to try and resolve the issue. I told, "This is fine as long as the name is changed on my reservation," I get no response for another 20 minutes and I keep checking back to see if I did or not. Finally a little later on I see he has transferred me to a supervisor and the supervisor ended the chat due to no reply, mind you I'm still under the impression I am receiving an email instead of a live chat.

Finally fed up and frustrated I contact Groupon for a FOURTH TIME. Explain everything again FOR A FOURTH TIME and request a supervisor yet again for the THIRD TIME!!! The agent agrees to transfer me to a supervisor yet again, then he has the nerve to tell me "Unfortunately we do not have an option to transfer the chat to a Supervisor." When mind you I have been transferred to a supervisor before actually twice because once before they transferred me to the wrong department supervisor, BUT A SUPERVISOR NONETHELESS!!!

So the agent and I go back and forth for a while about how I "Cannot be transferred". When all I want is a simple name change, it would literally take them about three minutes to change the name but yet they are giving me the runaround, at this point I am 4 hours in trying to get Groupon to DO THEIR JOB!!! Finally the agent says that they will contact their outbound department to call to the resort to change the name on the reservation. Something that could of been done in 5 minutes, but took them 4 hours to do this. I have yet to see a change in my reservation and no one has contacted me.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I bought a Groupon for an in-home personal training session. I made several attempts to book the service and was unable to. I contacted Groupon support and they offered to set it up so that I could trade this in for Groupon Bucks. When I tried to do this, the trade-in option never appeared as I went through the windows of the coupon. Thinking it might come up if I “view voucher” I tapped that button. Still no option to trade-in. I then searched the support pages, only to find that if I have “viewed voucher” it will no longer be available for trade-in! Great.

Can’t reach customer support except by email, at which point, the deal I wanted to trade for will be gone. Either their UX design is so terrible that the trade-in is almost invisible or they never made the option available in the first place... and now because I tried to find the option, I touched the wrong button I won’t be able to trade it in anymore?? This combined with an expired coupon for a restaurant that closed before I could use it (no help there), I have over $100 in unusable Groupons. It’s not a deal if you get nothing for your money, that’s a scam.

Original review: May 25, 2018

When I was looking for tickets to go to a Detroit Tiger Game, I looked to Groupon, which I have always been very happy with. For ticketed events you are auto directed to "Fanxchange". While entering discount codes into the toolbar (which didn't work) I was actually being forced by the website into a purchase mode, unbeknownst to me. In the past with Groupon, you would proceed to checkout, confirm which credit card you were using, and then make your purchase. This site never had you proceed to checkout, they just kept making purchases for me.

I was in shock when I opened up my email to see I had actually made purchases. I immediately contacted an online chat to try to correct this, and was directed apparently to an out of the country customer service department. They are sticking to their "no refund policy". SO anyone who values truth, Justice and your money, STAY AWAY FROM GROUPON!!! DISMANTLE YOUR GROUPON ACCOUNTS NOW!!! PUT THIS UNSCRUPULOUS COMPANY OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I ordered a Stella White teeth whitening kit from Groupon on May 10th. The postman came today and still no package has arrived. I have been in contact with Groupon. They told me it was shipped out on the 11th and was adamant it had until yesterday where they admitted it hadn’t even been shipped as they ‘overestimated stock’ and the only way they can give me a refund is Groupon credits. I will never be using the untrustworthy site again, STAY AWAY!!

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have purchased from here a few times and that last 2 times have been horrible. First of all CHECK THE PRICE AT CHECK OUT. I went to buy something for $14.99 and when I got to checkout it was $54.99. It's a joke. Also check it's in Canadian or American dollars. Next, 2 things I purchased I never received. Trying to contact this company is a nightmare. No phone number so you have to send an email and hope they get back to you. It might be easier to give up and save the stress. If you need to return something then don't. Again another nightmare. I will never buy from this company again.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I recently gave Groupon another try. I'm looking for a new hairdresser and I love deals like the next person. My past Groupon hair deals have been awful. One hair stylist treated me awful talking on her phone the whole time. This last time I chose one from a reputable source and with rave reviews. When I got to the appointment on time, she already had me sized up as a pathetic Groupon user. And told me so that she gets a lot of weirdos that use Groupon vouchers. My Groupon was 60 and included full highlights and haircut style. I was only given a haircut and told that if I wanted more I needed to pay for it and it would be done in steps. I was disappointed and Groupon did not rectify this. They said that it was a third party, and she would have to refund what I was due.

The lady was very argumentative doing my hair. As if she wanted something to be angry about. I just kept smiling and glad to leave with some hair. She chopped a lot off. I would not recommend Groupon for haircuts. The Stylists clearly don't respect new clients using Groupon. Next I bought magnetic eyelashes, supposedly worth 90 dollars from Groupon for a great price. Upon receiving them they were clearly bent, cheaply made and Not what was pictured. I wrote Groupon right away. Again I got told that it was sold by the third party, I must contact the dealer. But it isn't even showing on my page of our purchased items and I told Groupon that. I'm just taking my business elsewhere and deleting the App. So unprofessional and disappointing! But as beware! Shop somewhere else. Groupon used to be good but not anymore!

Original review: May 19, 2018

I ordered an item on Groupon on May 13th. Today is the 19th and it appears my order hasn't shipped yet. 1. Be warned that when shopping on Groupon you may not be told where the item ships from. After waiting for 13 days and still not receiving my purchase, I learned it is coming from CHINA, like literally be shipped to me from CHINA. The order status provides confusing and contradicting information. In one place it says it has been shipped but the tracking number shows that it is still in "shipment preparation".

2. I reached out to Groupon Customer Support to ask them the most basic of questions: "Can you tell me the status of my order? What does your Groupon system tell you?" For the next 12 minutes the support person continued to tell me to contact the merchant. Contact the merchant and contact the merchant. The support person said she does not have the ability, as a Groupon Customer Support representative, to check on a customer's order status. Wow! So beware, as you shop on Groupon know that your purchase might have to be shipped from a foreign country, go through customs, and take up to a month or more to arrive. Also beware that this "Shopping Site" does not have the ability to check on the order status of your purchase. What's wrong with this picture? From now on I'll avoid Groupon for the reasons I've mentioned. Good luck!

Original review: May 19, 2018

Great deals as long as you don't need customer service - I wanted to check whether a promo code was applicable to San Diego Zoo tickets, which by the way were being sold at the regular price, not discounts. Groupon requires you to log in and start the checkout process in order to apply a promo code. Once in the checkout, I entered the promo code and clicked on the highlighted Promotional Code words. The next screen I get is purchase completed!!! I specifically did not click on the big green Purchase button as I had no intention of buying it if the promo code didn't apply as it costs the same if I purchased directly from the Zoo.

I immediately contacted Groupon customer support via chat and explained what occurred and requested a refund. I was told the policy states that purchase was non-refundable. I re-iterated the process and that I did not purchase it however I was repeatedly told about the policy. The CSR would not escalate the issue and had the gall to ask if there was anything else he could help with.

I then sent an email to support@groupon.com outlining again what occurred and eventually received the same reply regarding the policy of no refunds for that item. There was no acknowledgment of what I explained that occurred. Completely ignored and of course the response end with: "We'd love to help!" It's not so much about the money as it is the absolute lack of customer support. Instead of acknowledging what occurred or even making an attempt to verify, they simply stuck to "the policy". I've always said you never know how well a company is until you engage their customer support. Up until this point I have not had any issues with previous Groupon purchases, either redeeming vouchers or products ordered. However this experience demonstrated their "customer is wrong" attitude.

Groupon expert review by Erin Huffstetler

As one of the first deal sites on the scene, Groupon has been offering discounted vouchers and merchandise since 2008.

• Vouchers retain value: After vouchers expire, they can still be redeemed for the purchase price.

• Returns accepted: Vouchers can be returned within seven days of purchase. Some Groupon Goods purchases are eligible for returns.

• Accessible customer support: Both online and phone support is available.

• Easy email management: Email subscriptions can be set and changed with ease.

• Deal overload: With hundreds of local deals to sort through, and just as many national deals, it can be time-consuming to sift through all the offers, and hard to zero in on what you’re interested in.

• Vouchers: All vouchers remain in your account until you mark them as redeemed, so it can be tricky to remember which ones you’ve used and which ones you haven’t (especially if you buy a bunch).

• Best for: Bargain shoppers, occasional users, businesses

Profile picture of Erin Huffstetler
Erin Huffstetler

Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

Groupon Company Information