3.2/5 (477 ratings)

About Groupon

Groupon Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

There was a time Groupon was actually good. It gave top sites a run for their money and other sites followed suit. Now it is awful and I suspect all the reviews. I got the worst gift ever when my kids were born - $150+ for Groupon Goods. 8+ years later I finally decided to use it. Groupon has nothing of value, so I bought passport cases, power bank, and vaccine card holder. I don't need any of them but nothing else caught my eye. The power bank says it charges iPhones but it doesn't even have the latest iPhone charging capability. The vaccine card holder shows that it holds the vaccine card online but in-person the card doesn't even fit inside. The passport case is ok and not really a must-buy. I am now trying to return them.

Buying from here is akin to throwing away money. The seller charges hefty shipping on each and every item even though all the items are shipped together per seller. So you don't really get a discount. I hope they refund the entire amount including the shipping. I really don't know what to spend money on. Either the person who gave it truly hates me which is plausible since she is from my in-laws' family, or she regifted this. It is the lousiest gift I have ever received, I would have preferred another candle to this monstrosity and colossal waste of money. And does their chat function even work?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Groupon is hit or miss these days. Sometimes the deals are great, but oftentimes the 'goods' are priced the same on Amazon, with faster shipping. It seems like Groupon inflates the retail price, to create the illusion of a 'deal'.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I love Groupon where it gives me a chance to have things at a lower cost than if I did it on my own where I wouldn't be able to afford to do anything in my income bracket and to have thing that are nice.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Information is useful. Online is efficient, good deals. The deals are useful and great bargains are to be found. I will definitely continue accessing this online site, and will also recommend this to friends and family who are interested in saving money and time. Keep up the great work. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I spent over $1110 dollars on 6 passes and all I get credited is $117. I am not happy with this experience. I purchased this 3 day just to get the premium excursion which was the luau. The merchant cancelled the event hours before. I expect a refund or at least half Groupon credit for each pass. And the way Groupon customer service agent Durbasha ** treated me was very poorly. First she told me to use the pass for another excursion which I explained to her it was my last day on the island. Then she told me the luau is not offered with the Oahu pass anymore which was not true. It still is. Then all she kept trying to do is ask me if I had any more questions when I wasn’t finished talking about my issue with the go card. I use Groupon often and I have never experienced horrible service like this. I will definitely be vocal about how I was treated on all social media platform reviews.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

No customer service, Total scam company. Do not buy hotel or service from Groupon. They cancel your hotel and do not give a refund. Will never use them again. They used to be ok, now they are horrible.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

On 10/7/21 I purchased a Groupon for 6 hours of house cleaning from Cozy Maids for $162.00. I scheduled a cleaning for 9 am on 11/23. The cleaner called me that morning and canceled the appointment. I rescheduled for 11/24 at 9am and that appointment was also canceled by the cleaner. I rescheduled again for 12/2 at 9 am. On 12/1 I noticed Cozy Maid placed a charge on my credit card for $220.00. I was only supposed to be charged if the services exceeded 6 hours. This was unacceptable, so I immediately disputed the charge with my credit card company and canceled the appointment for 12/2. I also emailed Cozy Maid to inform them of the issues and that I was canceling. No service was performed, but Cozy Maid marked the Groupon as redeemed. I disputed this with Groupon and they refuse to refund my $162.00 even though my house was never cleaned. I have filed a complaint with the BBB.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

I ordered soft hoodie throw and they took my money and never received and no one will call me or give me my money back. What a ** company during Christmas. Sent 4 emails and no response. Never spend your money from this company. They will rip you off.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I never received the product, and Groupon just keeps putting me off, not wanting to take responsibility, since the merchant just disappeared. They refuse to refund my money. Groupon is totally ignoring me.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

My experience with Groupon was terrible. No one ever answer the phone. Tried to contact them. No way to get them to respond to my call or when I am using their app. Never got my money back or my tickets to March Field Air Museum.

Groupon author review by Erin Huffstetler

As one of the first deal sites on the scene, Groupon has been offering discounted vouchers and merchandise since 2008.

• Vouchers retain value: After vouchers expire, they can still be redeemed for the purchase price.

• Returns accepted: Vouchers can be returned within seven days of purchase. Some Groupon Goods purchases are eligible for returns.

• Accessible customer support: Both online and phone support is available.

• Easy email management: Email subscriptions can be set and changed with ease.

• Deal overload: With hundreds of local deals to sort through, and just as many national deals, it can be time-consuming to sift through all the offers, and hard to zero in on what you’re interested in.

• Vouchers: All vouchers remain in your account until you mark them as redeemed, so it can be tricky to remember which ones you’ve used and which ones you haven’t (especially if you buy a bunch).

by Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Advisor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

Groupon Company Information