Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.53/5
Based on 3,440 ratings submitted in the last year

1831 Groupon Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 28, 2019

I've been using Groupon for many years. I find the deals are always as advertised and I've never been disappointed in my purchases. I let one Groupon lapse past the expiry - but on the Groupon, it stated that the value paid for the Groupon never expired. I tried to redeem it with the vendor and they would not honor it. I reached out to Groupon's Customer Support and I received a response in a reasonable amount of time and they credited me the amount the vendor should have honored. I never hesitate to purchase a Groupon. I've made dozens of purchases, and I've always been pleased!

Original review: March 8, 2019

Hornblower San Diego Harbor Bay cruises are a great value for your money when offered through Groupon. I've taken at least two different ones. They have onboard refreshments, open top deck and below deck enclosed seating areas. The commentary is both informative and entertaining. Being on the water you get the opportunity to see naval bases and ships, boats, the harbor and marine life. I recommend this to everyone of all ages.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I purchased a local deal and when I went to use it the manager gave me a lesser product instead of what I purchased and they just stated "it was from last year", just trying to make an excuse and con me out of what I played for even though I have bought it before and used it with no problem! Well I brought the issue up to group and even though the dishonest company marked it redeemed. Groupon went the extra mile and even offered a trade in effort to make up for something that wasn't even their fault. That was really comforting and out of respect I had to decline as it was not Groupon's fault the local business lacked honesty and integrity.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I just want to say what a fantastic and easy experience I had with your sales rep Kathleen **. She was just a pleasure to deal with. I'm a salesman as well and she provided me with the best customer service I've ever had. Would recommend her to all my friends and family. Thank you Kathleen.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

They purchased a Groupon for an IPL facial and went to the salon to have a done. It turns out that the IPL facial was actually in at home IPL machine and the woman put a red light mask on my face and walked away for half hour. When she came back a big lines all over my face from the mask that hurt and nothing had been accomplished with the IPL machine that was supposed to. I contacted customer service for a refund. The person that help me out was absolutely amazing. They do not argue with me. They do not question me. They were absolutely amazing and gave me a full refund.

I would have been happy with a store credit. I don’t think I have ever been so satisfied with customer service before I use Groupon for everything and I highly recommend them. They have great customer service but the agent I talk to him particular what is exceptionally great! I was having a pretty rough week and Shyaam made it so much better. It is very hard these days to get someone who understands your frustration and Shyaam handled this situation so professionally. If I have any questions or concerns in the future I will personally request Shyaam! Thank you Shyaam!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

If you are buying a Groupon for airport shuttle service by Bell Trans, watch out! They will not let you use the service if you don't have a printed copy of the Groupon, even though mobile app has all the information to use the Groupon. They count on people forgetting to bring the hard copy so they can keep your money and don't have to provide the service. Who use paper copy in 21st century??? Called Bell Trans upon arrival at Las Vegas airport. They told me I should be able to get a refund from Groupon if did not have a hard copy of the voucher. Obviously Groupon has denied any refund even though we did not get to use the service. I would give Groupon 0 star if I had the option. I will be paying full price for services than trying to save a buck or two from Groupon...

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I bought a window washing service through Groupon. I contacted them in the time period allowed and made an appointment. They never showed up. I contacted them several more times and got no response. When I contacted Groupon, their response was that the window for the voucher had closed. It had closed because the service would not contact me! This is fraudulent when you purchase a service and you don't get what you paid for and the middle man refuses to refund your money.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I have a Canadian Groupon account and have had no problems. I purchased a Groupon for a mountain adventure that would have been $438CAD before taxes had I bought it directly. Turns out it was USD and that was only expressed in the 'fine print'. Groupon failed to clearly indicate the price was in USD. I have now spent $486 for the same event. They will do nothing for me and are blaming the merchant for charging in US dollars. I believe Groupon misrepresented the deal failing to indicate USD on a Canadian site with a Canadian account.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Had a Groupon deal for a restaurant. The restaurant went out of business so I notified Groupon several times. Not only did I not get a refund on my deal, they continue to advertise it. I can't find any way to contact anyone for my refund.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Got some hockey tickets for a game in Edmonton and the first page was in Canadian funds but when it switched to the "find your seat" part of the page it switched to American funds without saying anything.

Groupon expert review by Erin Huffstetler

As one of the first deal sites on the scene, Groupon has been offering discounted vouchers and merchandise since 2008.

• Vouchers retain value: After vouchers expire, they can still be redeemed for the purchase price.

• Returns accepted: Vouchers can be returned within seven days of purchase. Some Groupon Goods purchases are eligible for returns.

• Accessible customer support: Both online and phone support is available.

• Easy email management: Email subscriptions can be set and changed with ease.

• Deal overload: With hundreds of local deals to sort through, and just as many national deals, it can be time-consuming to sift through all the offers, and hard to zero in on what you’re interested in.

• Vouchers: All vouchers remain in your account until you mark them as redeemed, so it can be tricky to remember which ones you’ve used and which ones you haven’t (especially if you buy a bunch).

• Best for: Bargain shoppers, occasional users, businesses

Profile picture of Erin Huffstetler
Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

Groupon Company Information