Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.29/5
Based on 1,758 ratings submitted in the last year

1776 Groupon Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 28, 2019

I've been using Groupon for many years. I find the deals are always as advertised and I've never been disappointed in my purchases. I let one Groupon lapse past the expiry - but on the Groupon, it stated that the value paid for the Groupon never expired. I tried to redeem it with the vendor and they would not honor it. I reached out to Groupon's Customer Support and I received a response in a reasonable amount of time and they credited me the amount the vendor should have honored. I never hesitate to purchase a Groupon. I've made dozens of purchases, and I've always been pleased!

Original review: March 8, 2019

Hornblower San Diego Harbor Bay cruises are a great value for your money when offered through Groupon. I've taken at least two different ones. They have onboard refreshments, open top deck and below deck enclosed seating areas. The commentary is both informative and entertaining. Being on the water you get the opportunity to see naval bases and ships, boats, the harbor and marine life. I recommend this to everyone of all ages.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I purchased a local deal and when I went to use it the manager gave me a lesser product instead of what I purchased and they just stated "it was from last year", just trying to make an excuse and con me out of what I played for even though I have bought it before and used it with no problem! Well I brought the issue up to group and even though the dishonest company marked it redeemed. Groupon went the extra mile and even offered a trade in effort to make up for something that wasn't even their fault. That was really comforting and out of respect I had to decline as it was not Groupon's fault the local business lacked honesty and integrity.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I just want to say what a fantastic and easy experience I had with your sales rep Kathleen **. She was just a pleasure to deal with. I'm a salesman as well and she provided me with the best customer service I've ever had. Would recommend her to all my friends and family. Thank you Kathleen.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

They purchased a Groupon for an IPL facial and went to the salon to have a done. It turns out that the IPL facial was actually in at home IPL machine and the woman put a red light mask on my face and walked away for half hour. When she came back a big lines all over my face from the mask that hurt and nothing had been accomplished with the IPL machine that was supposed to. I contacted customer service for a refund. The person that help me out was absolutely amazing. They do not argue with me. They do not question me. They were absolutely amazing and gave me a full refund.

I would have been happy with a store credit. I don’t think I have ever been so satisfied with customer service before I use Groupon for everything and I highly recommend them. They have great customer service but the agent I talk to him particular what is exceptionally great! I was having a pretty rough week and Shyaam made it so much better. It is very hard these days to get someone who understands your frustration and Shyaam handled this situation so professionally. If I have any questions or concerns in the future I will personally request Shyaam! Thank you Shyaam!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?

Original review: July 14, 2019

I purchased a Groupon for auto detailing in 11/2017. Due to an illness I never got to use it, overtime I forgot about it. Today I did live chat with Joel **, I asked what happens when this occurs and I was told it was redeemed. I explained I didn't use it due to illness. I asked Joel ** from live chat how can this happen and he said, "Sorry I can't help you." I take full responsibility for allowing the Groupon to lapse but I would have appreciated a little guidance into what I could do to figure out where my $100 went. I will not purchase from Groupon again due to their poor customer service.

Original review: July 13, 2019

On July 11th I purchased a Real Estate Express Package. The redeem code did not work. I contacted Groupon and they were suppose to call in 24 hours. I contacted them and they traded my package for a package with yet another invalid code. I was then referred to call Real Estate Express who's office is closed on the weekend. When they traded my package in that I paid $299 for the new package was $275 so I was left with a credit for $24 Groupon bucks.

Now I'm still out of money, no package and having to still wait to have the issue resolved. The customer service for Groupon is lacking however as they can provide no resolution to the issues at hand. I'm still waiting for my correct code or to talk to Real Estate Express. If the Groupon representative had of stated call Real Estate Express on Thursday, I could have called on Friday. My plan was to start my course over the weekend and planned my weekend around my class now, I have to wait until 14-72 hours for Groupon to attempt to resolve the issue.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I ordered a bunk bed with trundle from Groupon on July 7th. It was shipped out several days later with no issue. The issue came on July 12th when they sent me an email that stated they messed up and the price I paid was correct but it was for the trundle and did not include the bunk bed. They are sorry for any inconvenience and I can request a return shipping label. After spending an eternity trying to contact someone to tell them this is unacceptable I kept getting the run around. I had to send them my original confirmation email to show them what I ordered.

That email still didn’t matter. They were not going to honor what I ordered but I could get 39.00 in Groupon bunks. I received the trundle today and called for a return label and was told the item was non refundable. I explained what happened for the 3rd time and was put on hold. The rep finally came back on and said they did see the proof I sent and they are sorry. They will escalate the call to the good department so they can send me a return label. He would send me one himself but his system does not allow that since it was sold as an non refundable item. Now I wait for the goods department to contact me so I can get the label so I can get my money back.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I purchased a voucher for a full set of eyelashes. I had a baby and with my new responsibilities, I forgot about the purchase. The Groupon expired, but according to the website, I could still use the amount I paid to go towards a service. I contacted the merchant and was told that the amount paid would not be honored because Groupon never paid her any money. I reached out to Groupon's customer service. I was told that they would credit me for half of what I paid for the service. I informed them that this information is not listed on their website policy. I was told to take it or leave it. The customer service supervisor even threatened to hang up on me because I told him that they were ripping me off. He tried to make it seem that I was out of control and was doing something wrong by asking for a full credit instead of the half being offered.

I didn't ask to receive any physical money, but I did want to receive a full credit to purchase other goods on Groupons. Please be aware even though the site says that you can still use the amount you paid, even if the voucher expires. It doesn't say what they will do if the merchant refuses to work with you. Groupon just uses that line to dupe you into feeling secure about your purchase. Robbed.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I purchased a pair of shoes through Groupon. The wrong size and the wrong color arrived. I searched and searched but could not find any way to contact Groupon. The only thing I could do is send an email to the shipper. I did so and they promised me a refund once I return the shoes. Why should I have to pay for their mistake? Who at Groupon is responsible for their vendors? It is extremely frustrating to work with Groupon!

Groupon expert review by Erin Huffstetler

As one of the first deal sites on the scene, Groupon has been offering discounted vouchers and merchandise since 2008.

• Vouchers retain value: After vouchers expire, they can still be redeemed for the purchase price.

• Returns accepted: Vouchers can be returned within seven days of purchase. Some Groupon Goods purchases are eligible for returns.

• Accessible customer support: Both online and phone support is available.

• Easy email management: Email subscriptions can be set and changed with ease.

• Deal overload: With hundreds of local deals to sort through, and just as many national deals, it can be time-consuming to sift through all the offers, and hard to zero in on what you’re interested in.

• Vouchers: All vouchers remain in your account until you mark them as redeemed, so it can be tricky to remember which ones you’ve used and which ones you haven’t (especially if you buy a bunch).

• Best for: Bargain shoppers, occasional users, businesses

Profile picture of Erin Huffstetler
Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

Groupon Company Information