3.9/5 (720 ratings)

About Groupon

Groupon Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?

Original review: June 24, 2022

I need to cancel my ticket. No one email me back so I can get my refund, I email someone 3 time. No response. If I knew this app would have been so difficult I would have never use it. I will never use Groupon again.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Blue Lapis Lazuli bracelet was advertised. I purchased it. I was sent a brown bracelet. I called and was given a lot of excuses. I repurchased it a second time, I was sent the brown again instead of the blue. I spoke to 5 different people and no one can help. All the answers were “I will get back to you.” It’s about a month now and none seems to know anything. I never received the blue that was advertised. So disgusting and annoying.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I tried to use my Groupon at Steve's Pizza in Cooper City. They would not accept it, thus leaving my dinner plans ruined. I will not use Groupon again and I can see why they have such bad reviews. Waste of time, gas and money. I asked for a refund on all purchases that have not been used and they refused. Total scam.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Groupon unauthorized creation of campaigns which are at a significant loss to my business. I did not approve nor request the deal they are promoting for Mother's Day against my wishes. I have called, emailed, texted, chatted and they are not turning them off. My regular customers are finding these deals and I feel coerced into accepting them. They are causing loss to my business of at least $200 per transaction. I will discontinue my business altogether as soon as I can get them to respond. BEWARE.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I ordered this back in March along with another order before this but it's the same product. My shipping address changed somehow while I submitted my order. I never knew that, I never got an update about something being wrong or anything. So then I contacted the merchant. They basically said they don't have anything to do with that. "Contact the post office." And that's all. Wouldn't answer any of my questions or anything. I can't even get any help. If this is how Groupon vendors handle their business I honestly don't want anything part of this anymore. This is the worst customer service experience I've ever seen and I don't complain much. I NEVER RECEIVED MY PURCHASE AND WAS TOLD IT'S NOT THEIR PROBLEM. And unfortunately I ordered 2 separate orders. Wasted about 50 dollars.

Original review: April 21, 2022

I purchased a Groupon deal for the Baltic Hotel in Brooklyn and to my surprise it was a huge letdown. I purchased a deluxe queen room but upon my arrival management did not tell me that I was being given a queen room. This is after phoning the hotel a few days before my stay to confirm and it was not told to me that the hotel was overbooked and I would be getting a queen room. I wish I could say that that was the least of my problems however when entering the room and discovering that it was a queen room I also noticed the bathroom did not have toilet paper and only two small towels. And don’t even get me started on the shower which was what you would describe trickling water, not enough to actually shower properly.

I checked in April 2 and checked out on the 3, and the two Latina employees documented all of my issues and stated I would get contacted by management on Monday, April 4th but to my surprise the Baltic management did not contact me instead I had to contact the hotel multiple times before a manager stated that since my purchase was through a 3rd party which was Groupon they would have to handle a refund or compensation.

Fair warning, this is a scam both Groupon and the Baltic Hotel blame each other and don’t take ownership for not providing a paying customer with what they paid for, the least they could do is provide a partial refund for getting the wrong room. Yet after two weeks I have given Groupon and the Baltic Hotel to rectify the situation, but it is now April 21st and no contact from either the Baltic or Groupon. Fair warning to all this is a scam by both companies to steal your money and ignore your complaints. It is shocking how this is still allowed to happen but I will say if I was a ** male I’m pretty sure this will not be taking this amount of time but because I’m a minority male it doesn’t matter my opinion doesn’t matter! Avoid selecting the Baltic hotel, I promise, your Brooklyn experience will be ruined. I am still waiting for this to be addressed until then I will share my horrible experience.

Original review: April 16, 2022

I used Groupon to order a pizza from Papa John's. The money was immediately deducted from my bank account, yet, the pizza was never delivered. I tried to find a customer service number but had no luck - I was forced to share my complaint via instant messaging. The first time, I asked for an actual contact number. They gave me a random Papa John's number who had no clue of my order. I tried a second time, and they were no better than the first rep I IM'd with. I can't help but wonder why they refuse to provide customers with the number to corporate. DO NOT provide any personal information, Groupon is a scam!

Original review: March 24, 2022

I purchased a Groupon for a personal service on Sep 27, 2021 for $248. I tried to schedule an appointment for several weeks but they would never answer the phone and voicemail was not accessible. I tried again in a few weeks with an online portal. Again, no success. Then I had health problems and was unable to use the service for a few months. The expiration was 03/26/2022 so I knew I had time.

In the middle of March, I went on the Groupon site to finally redeem the voucher and saw that it said I had redeemed it on January 14, a day that I was in the hospital! I contacted customer service 4 times about it and finally got this response: "This merchant has replied us that he redeemed the voucher as as it was expiring and requested you to go to the scheduling site and use this voucher." First of all, it was not near expiration. More importantly, is this even legal??? Why would Groupon allow this??? I was outraged! I asked for a refund as I do not wish to deal with such a shady business but have yet to get a reply. I also will think twice about purchasing another Groupon, especially for a service like this.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I recently received a gift card for $100. I applied that gift card to a purchase that totaled $103.18, paying for the $3.18 difference with a credit card. Once I hit submit, my credit card was charged the full amount ($103.18) and the gift card credit still shows up on my account. Groupon says they cannot apply the gift card to a "previous" purchase, even though the error was on their end. They say I can use the gift card on a future purchase, but why wouldn't they do the same thing next time and charge me the full price and never apply the gift card? I'm not falling for that again!! Please do not use this company and do not purchase gift cards from their website. They will not honor them.

Original review: March 5, 2022

Insane rip-off. What on earth these people are thinking is beyond me. I have WASTED hundreds of dollars, only to find the service is cheaper if purchased directly. It is simply revolting that this company operates as a “discounted” vehicle. Lord save us all from such scammers and the companies that promote their savory businesses with them. Disgusting.

Groupon author review by Erin Huffstetler

As one of the first deal sites on the scene, Groupon has been offering discounted vouchers and merchandise since 2008.

• Vouchers retain value: After vouchers expire, they can still be redeemed for the purchase price.

• Returns accepted: Vouchers can be returned within seven days of purchase. Some Groupon Goods purchases are eligible for returns.

• Accessible customer support: Both online and phone support is available.

• Easy email management: Email subscriptions can be set and changed with ease.

• Deal overload: With hundreds of local deals to sort through, and just as many national deals, it can be time-consuming to sift through all the offers, and hard to zero in on what you’re interested in.

• Vouchers: All vouchers remain in your account until you mark them as redeemed, so it can be tricky to remember which ones you’ve used and which ones you haven’t (especially if you buy a bunch).

by Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Advisor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

Groupon Company Information