Groupon

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently bought a Groupon for 2 massages at Assured Health in New Westminster, British Columbia and even though I tried to book an appointment while the receipt was still valid Assured Health basically turned me away and said they weren't accepting Groupons anymore. When I asked Groupon for a refund to be used on Groupon services, I get various responses from different customer service reps, including "I will help you book the appointment with Assured Health", which they promptly backtracked from in subsequent emails.

Now that the Groupon has expired they say that I can use the amount of the Groupon voucher towards services at Assured Health, but that doesn't help me because you don't get a $30 massage from Assured Health and have to spend a whole lot more to be able to use the amount spent on the Groupon. So I've essentially wasted $30. Thank you Groupon and Assured Health. Both useless business models of offering services they are not in the position of delivering on. Why should I buy a single thing again from you if valid receipts don't yield valid appointments? I am stopping to use Groupon Services for good. I have never used Assured Health before and it looks like I never will.

I was a fan of Groupon for a while until I purchased an item that unbeknownst to me was supplied by a third party, of which I later found out that Groupon does not live up to their written claim. I keep receiving the emails and now I'm so done I tried to delete the account and stop getting them but can't seem to log into my account. I tried calling and emailing with no response. All toll numbers have been deleted. Can't figure out how their stock stays high & they stay in business. Fraud practices. Now going to my junk email.

I purchased a Groupon to drive an exotic sports car around a local race track. This was a one-day event in Columbus, Ohio. When I went to schedule the event through company's (The Motorsports Lab) website, they were sold out. No spots available. Meaning no possible way to redeem the Groupon Voucher. I tried to resolve the issue through Groupon support, but they were of no help. The only way to contact Groupon is online through a live chat and email. The number available is a recording directing you to Groupon's website support. No way to even leave a message.

I've spent hours trying to get some answers through live chat and emails, but they're running me around in circles. This is the second time they've sold me a Groupon and didn't deliver. A few years ago I purchased a Groupon for a window cleaning service. I scheduled the guy to come out 3 times. No show each time. Groupon web based support was no help, just a huge headache. Groupon refused to do anything other than take my money and leave me to wash my own window.

Deals seem great but there's a reason they don't lost a phone number- I'm sure due to thousands of complaints. I bought a facial. One the experience was the worst - my time was cut short. She spent too much time washing her buckets making loud noises instead of putting diff, creams on me, massaging the head, arms, neck while waiting for a cream to dry. Luxe Spa in San Diego was the name. I wrote to Groupon and they simply said they will let the aesthetician know - noncredit no phone for me to discuss it. I guess inexperienced people use Groupon as their advertisement then Groupon makes the deals sound good.

A few of my relatives and their families decided to make reservations for Split Rock Resort using Groupon. They had rooms that included water park passes. Since we have so many children we decided to take advantage of those. We all booked separately for these accommodations. We checked everything and it was all set. I decided to look again the night before we had to go down to Pennsylvania a five hour drive for us. I noticed on the reservations that one part said what we had booked with the water park passes and then the other part the details inside now said that we had a breakfast package instead. As soon as I realized this I contacted everyone else and they said the same.

I knew I had to go and fix it because all of us were going to be showing up there with this problem and we already had been hit with the fact that we were going to have $100 hold on our credit cards per night that wasn't listed on Groupon. So this definitely had to be taken care of before we left in about 9-10 hours. So I began trying to contact Groupon. This is a very difficult thing to do. I finally figured out how to chat with them. I quickly realized while chatting with each person they would tell me the same thing they would not change anything. They said, "You have booked the breakfast package. You are all set." I would then say I had never booked this and there is a mistake. But they refused to listen, to look at proof, anything. I thought I was talking to a computerized response.

One of my relatives took screenshots, amazingly, from start to finish because she was so wary. The pictures showed the entire thing I was trying to explain. They would not help. We started out with queen bed with pullout sofa and kitchenettes with water park passes to ROH (run of the house) rooms with no kitchenettes and breakfast included. I talked to at least four different people and none of them would help me. I had gotten so upset that they said they would escalate the call to a supervisor who wouldn't contact me for 24 to 48 hours. After 3 hours of this foolishness we were leaving in 7 hours and I hadn't finished even halfway packing. By the time we were leaving at about 5 a.m. that next morning they had not gotten back to us.

We had to wait until 8 a.m. until the resort management was in. We were going to have to drive for 3 hours not knowing what was going to happen. I printed everything that I could before we left not knowing what was going to happen even when we spoke to management. During the trip my sister-in-law, the one with all of the picture proof, was able to get through to management at the hotel and they said that they would fix everything. I was very relieved, all of us were. We were there early enough so were able to switch our rooms to what we booked, which was awesome. Groupon had mentioned a 19% tax and a $20 per night resort fee that we would pay when we got to the resort. However, when we paid I noticed that they they took this right then during checkout with Groupon.

When we got to the hotel they now ask for the $20 per night resort fee. I said no we had already paid in advance for all of that and I showed her a printout. The manager that they did not get any of this money, it still says that we owed it. She waived that also. They said it had been very bad with Groupon purchases. They had spoken to them and realized there was a glitch in Groupon's system. If we hadn't had that fixed it would have cost us over $400 more to pay for water park tickets we were supposed to have included. I had a miserable evening before leaving. I had time I need stolen away by this company that doesn't care to interact after a purchase. Even if they do it's a, "No no no. We won't help you." They truly put a Bad spin on the vacation for me.

The manager was so gracious at the resort. She fixed everything. But it caused undue stress to myself and family members going on a relaxing vacation. People that took only vacation they had in years at this time. Overall, I'll never use Groupon again. I have used Groupon in the past with another family member booking a similar vacation but we had no problems at all. I would never chance that it would go right again after this. Groupon took the experience from being one of joy to one of anxiety and aggravation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?

Frankly, read the review and you will see that I am not the only one complaining about this company over the SAME things. I was an idiot and should have read the reviews before to open an account with them to begin with. But I needed some chiropractor and massage therapy after a recent car accident, and they had some very attractive deals listed on their web page & app. So went ahead and paid $39 for a normally priced service at $150. After paying I right away follow the instructions listed on "my order" page and go to book my massage service on the company web site (Royal Touch Massage Therapy). I was also sure to check those fine print section that stated that this service will only be valid with ONE employee called Courtney **. Problem is that when trying to book that service with that employee, the website reported this Courtney ** as being forever unavailable, no matter the date/month I was choosing.

All frustrated about this but still kinda new to Groupon, I then go and contact Groupon support by email explaining the problem, hoping to receive a reply within 24h as stated on their support page. 2 days later the answer finally comes with a generic message stating: "I've reviewed your order and confirmed that this voucher is eligible for Trade In. You can exchange your voucher any time for an equal value of Groupon Bucks. The Groupon Bucks you receive from this Trade In are eligible toward the purchase of any Local deal on Groupon."

This made me immediately worried. Instead of explaining what was wrong with this deal or a way to make it right, now I was being told that not only I will not get what I paid for, but that my money will be converted in some kind of store credits valid toward my next purchase. HELL NO!!! I replied to the support email stating that either they refunded me right away, or I was going to open a money refund case on PayPal, which was the company I originally used to pay for the voucher.

I guess I got more luckier than some people on here, because a day after this email, I received a response from them stating that my money have been fully refunded. I immediately went to check on PayPal (I never trust just email for this), and here it was, a refund from Groupon. I don't want to have to deal with this company ANYMORE now, and even tried to find a way to close/delete my account there, which is not possible according to their FAQs. But like I said, at least I was able to get my money back and learn a good lesson from this too. Sharing my experience on here too now, so other people will be careful when dealing with Groupon if they really want to.

Groupon seems to be more of a scam than anything else. If you accidentally purchase something and contact them in seconds, you will not receive a refund. In my case, the deal was misrepresented in the email I received. When I clicked 'view deal' and made the purchase, it was actually to a water park. I contacted them in seconds, but they would not issue a refund. When customer support escalated to a manager, I was contacted a couple of days later. They told me the merchant had already been paid. I was stuck with something I could not use and lost $30 in the process.

Another incident involved my ordering a shoe rack. Two weeks later, no shoe rack. When I looked at the detailed information, it seemed to be stuck and was not even shipped. I contacted Groupon to cancel it, and magically, it shipped. Apparently, they contacted the merchant even though I clearly stated I no longer wanted the item. They told me I could return it once I received it. My question was why even ship it since I requested that it be cancelled. They care more about the merchants than their customers. Stay away from Groupon is my advice. I am no longer a customer and I now stick with Amazon.

Bought $70 Groupon for stand up paddleboarding. Business had no address on either the Groupon or their website, but had a phone number to call to set up reservation. Called phone multiple times over several days, no answer. Requested refund since the Groupon was unusable, but was told I "was not eligible" and could get a credit to use in less than 24 hours toward something else. Blatant violation of their agreement with their processing company.

Be very careful when purchasing the deals from Groupon as there is a lot of fine print. Long story short I purchased a deal for Baskin Robbins Ice Cream. The deal was five single scoops of ice cream for $9.00. Considering I am a single mother of five children it was a perfect deal to take my children for a treat. Unfortunately the fine print stated it was only valid at 2 stores in California. I reside in Nevada and get a chance to visit California maybe every five years if I'm lucky.

I contacted Groupon's customer service thinking they would understand. Instead I got a very condescending and rude representative. After a few min I requested to speak with a supervisor in which I had to wait for an email that took two days to receive. The supervisor stated they copied and pasted the fine print for me to read again. It is my fault for not reading the tiny two pages of what Groupon is not responsible for but it doesn't excuse the absolute worst customer service ever! Buyers beware!

I attempted to set up a merchant account to offer my clients Groupon discounts. Call them 5 times, left my number, name and company and phone number each time and have never received any kind of response in 3 weeks. When I called their 800 number never got any type of response except recordings. Went online to see their reviews and glad I did. Don't waste your time.

I recommend never buying Groupon. They sell coupons that many merchants won't even accept. They deleted their phone number so you will get zero help from their chat line. I used them heavily for 5 years but their new business model won't last... Zero customer service!!!

I bought a $10 Groupon for $20 of food a little over a month ago. When I went to redeem the coupon the company had gone out of business. When I called Groupon to explain to them the company had gone out of business they simply stated that if you do not do a refund within 3 days you are out of luck. I explained to the lady on the phone that the company was out of business and I could not redeem the coupon because the company no longer was in business. For some reason it seem to me she was either being difficult or was truly slow to catch on. She said she would email me back in a few days (which she did) and I got the same answer. It just seems a little odd to me that they can't even give you a $10 credit for a company that has gone out of business. Secondly to all consumers, if you can't pick up the phone and call the company (like Groupon) stay away from them. Needless to say they have lost my business forever. Shady company.

I spent $18 for $30 towards a seafood dinner at a restaurant called Jack's Clam Shack in Seekonk, MA, which had excellent reviews. After placing the order, I learned that the restaurant had changed hands months before, and the new one, Central Lobster, had horrific reviews. I contacted Groupon to refund my money because they had falsely advertised the restaurant by not updating its name and by keeping the five star ratings from the one that had previously been at that location. They told me they would not refund it since I had not contacted them in three days, and they encouraged me to try to sell it to someone else. Due to their dishonest business practices, they have lost me, my family, and any friends who will listen as customers.

There is absolutely no phone number available to speak to a person in Customer Service. The only contact is through live Chat which took some time for anyone to respond. I will NEVER purchase another item from Groupon. I have a defective electronic and they refuse to refund my money. It was past 14 days of purchase.

TERRIBLE service. Do not waste your money!!

The worst part of all this is that Groupon no longer offers Customer Service that one can figure out to give comments. The Car Wash purchased wanted apps. - phone nor email info did not work. Drove to location and there was no sign of a car wash in the entire block - drove around it 3 times to verify. Also, ordered 12 bottles of Taste of CA wines and in 2 months, nothing has arrived. Both orders were 6.29.17. Groupon does not have the integrity it once had - probably a problem of 'greed' and expanding too quickly without a plan. DO NOT DEAL WITH GROUPON!!! Also am unhappy with your website as I could not figure out how to add receipt and/or images because my copy/paste abilities did not work!

I just started using Groupon a couple months ago. I wasn't a huge fan of using it, but so many people recommended them for good deals. Anyway, with being so busy this summer, I wanted to have a tan and knew they offered Zoom Tan coupons. I went the first time and got an ok deal ($13 off regular price of $30) for a spray tan. The woman at Zoom Tan told me that you can use the coupon twice if purchased. Of course I purchased another coupon from Groupon. I take it to use and the clerk says it's invalid in their system and that I should get refund from Groupon.

I contact Groupon and am advised I'll receive a refund back to my credit card. In "my stuff" folder it showed the coupon drop off and then 3 days later pops back up? I let it go figuring it takes time for a refund to go thru. Today I contact Groupon again since it has now been a week. The agent was extremely rude and not listening to me. She was not willing to explain simple things to me. She told me I accepted a trade-in which I had no idea what the hell that meant. I asked her 4 TIMES to explain what a trade-in was. She then finally told me my money went towards a what I understood "credit" towards my Groupon account. She explained to me it went back to the coupon I can't use!! So thanks a lot Groupon for selling me a coupon I can't use and then funding it back to a coupon I STILL CAN'T USE. Great waste of $17! I will never use them again.

I have an unused voucher due to be expired after a month. I wrote to Groupon team to refund the voucher as my kids found the place very scary and they simply copy pasted their standard response as a reply to me saying they cannot. I fail to understand why. The merchant says that they are paid for the vouchers redeemed so this means all unused vouchers are adding to Groupon profits. Wow what a convenient way to mint money. Team Groupon, you should be ashamed as you not only are cheating customers you're also stealing.

I placed 1 order, 3 items, 1 confirmation #. Minutes later I realized, my address on file is wrong and color is wrong, so I needed to cancel the order. I was ONLY able to cancel 2 out of 3. Of course, with Groupon, you cannot speak with a human being! Their customer support access is not very user friendly, keeps routing you to FAQ etc. I tried again later and finally after speaking with several reps, got a Supervisor on chat. He said nothing they can do even though the product is in "processing" status. I asked since it has not been shipped, can't it be canceled OR routed to correct address? He said call the courier because it would be too costly for them to stop the order from being sent out.

So I paid for an item that I tried to cancel ASAP. If small percent chance, I can get hold of the courier, once it is shipped out to ask to route to correct address, I have to pay SECOND time to ship it back, because if I lose money it's ok, as long as they do NOT money. Again, this was NO fault of my own!! Their system kept giving me an ERROR, every time I tried to cancel, which I have a copy to show them. The Supervisor did NOT care but to say "I will fwd. your email on to the another department", but no guarantee anything will happen... So I just paid for a product that I WILL not receive OR that I did NOT want!!!

I purchased two delivery meals for 4 person from Groupon. I ordered first meal from Blue Apron website directly and the first meal was delivered as scheduled. Then I was charged to another $67 to my credit card. I thought they messed up some transactions so contacted them to refund. The response was first meal is normally free and will charge for second one before shipment. Groupon deal was treated as free trial and charged $67 for next delivery even though I cancelled the account that was their system to charge. So I paid $49 to Groupon and $67 to Blue Apron for only one delivery. So one meal cost ended up $118 for 4 person meal. They have a great way to promote Blue Apron but actually you ended up paying more than you receive. Please be careful before you make any orders.

I bought a Groupon gift for my daughter-in-law four years ago. She never redeemed it and now she's an EX-daughter-in-law. I contacted Groupon and through an online "chat" I asked if the $20 I spent could be converted into a credit. No way. The bottom line is that if your gift isn't "returned" within three days, you cannot get a refund or a credits. THREE DAYS! How many gift recipients call you up and say, "Your gift sucks. I'll never use it." No, they let it just sit there and expire not wanting to offend you. I realize I can't get a refund, but why not a credit? Groupon offers $10 credits for referring friends, why can't they offer credits for unwanted gifts? For Groupon, these unwanted gifts are pure profit and a 100 percent rip off.

Please be aware, Groupon doesn't issue a refund, no matter the problem. Just make sure 1000% you will be able to use the Groupon before you buy it (in lots of cases it's very restrictive and it's not even the merchant's fault). Beware!

When there is a problem there is no toll-free number so you are left to send an email which states they will respond in 24 hours (but they don't) or live chat where it takes forever to "chat" with someone and they don't even properly respond to your questions. They end the chat without asking you if you have any other questions and there is no goodbye message. It just states the conversation ended. Horrible! Groupon customer service used to be really good, now it sucks!

Why would they stop using a phone number? My guess would be because of all the calls to complain. I've had so many problems over the years and now I can't call in to talk to anyone. What a joke. I refuse to deal with a company that does not even have a phone number.

I bought a Groupon for sailing on Lake Michigan for 2 when my long-distance boyfriend was in town. I bought the Groupon and made the reservation in June and he came to visit in July. The company canceled on me the day of our reservation and he left the next day, so we were unable to reschedule. I contacted Groupon about a refund or another possible arrangement since a romantic sail isn't something I would want to spend money on unless I could do it with my SO.

Moral of the story, the agents I talked to online and on the phone were the most unhelpful employees I have ever dealt with. They told me I could have only gotten a refund if I requested it within three days of making the purchase, which is idiotic considering the company canceled on me, not the other way around. If you aren't getting the service you purchased, give the people a refund. It doesn't make sense to lose a loyal customer over something so trivial. Never been more disappointed in a company or the way they treat their customers.

This company sent me a scratched item and when you try to return you will never be able to contact them at all. And when finally I got into a live chat with one of them he escaped with 3 messages in 1 minute and the last one was that I have been out of the chat for too long which never happened and he ran away. Basically they are scammers.

I hate to even rate this company because they are shady with a rude a poor customer service personnel. I ordered an item from Groupon with the merchant been Groupon. I paid for the delivery which was going to take at most 7 working days. The seven working days have past overdue and to follow up with my order customer service personnel has asked me to wait for another 10 working days. This is the 4th personnel telling me this as at today. I have explained to them out of frustration that I will be out of the country before the 10 working days so I prefer to be refunded.

In June, I purchase a $200 Groupon for a set of riding lessons from “Winter’s Run Farm” on Long Island. THIS WAS A GROUPON FOR A SERVICE, not a product. I called the telephone number listed on the Groupon to redeem the purchased lesson. Each time I called, I got a voicemail with a man screaming “HELLLOOOO.” I left a voicemail each time, but no one called back. I waited several days in between calls. Finally, on my fourth try, someone picked up. The man on the other line said that the number was his personal cell phone number and he had nothing to do with the barn that was offering the riding lessons. He didn’t even live in the same state!

I then looked up the address where the barn Winter’s Run was supposed to be located. Telephone directory assistance had no listing for a Winter’s Run at the address on the Groupon. I did find, using Google, that there was a Meadowbrook Polo Club at that address but with a different telephone number. So I called that number and got a customer service agent who picked up on the first ring. She informed she was with the Meadowbrook Polo Club, not Winter’s Run, and that Winter’s Run did not operate on the property and that Meadowbrook did not honor Winter’s Run’s Groupons.

Upon learning this information, I immediately attempted to contact Groupon to get my Groupon refunded. KEEP IN MIND, I HAD NOT YET REDEEMED IT so Groupon had my money, but had not provided any service to me. Instead of simply refunding my money, which any legitimate business would have done at that point, this is what they have put me through… I first web chatted with Vejevkumar ** on June 23rd. This was immediately upon my confirming that the company for which I purchased a Groupon was no longer in business and after reviewing Groupon’s guidelines where they promise to “have your back” if a company for which you purchase goes out of business. In that online chat, Vejevkumar promised to get back to me within 72 hours to investigate the matter. He never did. There was no response and no refund.

On July 8th, again, I contacted Groupon Customer support. Jhonny ** took the chat. In that chat, Jhonny assured me “I am really sorry it seems that the escalation was failed and that is why you did not receive the answer, I am deeply sorry for the issue, in this case I will send the information not to the previous team the agent tried, I will escalate directly for the refund that you are requesting. This answer will be provided before, usually this team answer really fast 24-48 hours.” He also, kept trying to get me to accept a trade-in, instead of a refund even though I was clear that I was unhappy with Groupon’s service and just wanted my money back.

Sure enough, 48 hours, I still did not have my money back. So now, I tried to get my money back through PayPal, the service I used to pay for my Groupon (I should have known better – the two companies are linked and in bed with one another). The first response I got from Paypal after initiating my chargeback investigation was truly unreal: “Your seller has provided shipment tracking information in response to your claim. We used the shipping company's online tracking service and found that it confirms delivery of the merchandise. As a result, this case has been closed. We're happy we were able to help you resolve this issue.”

Of course, this was complete BS because the product purchased was a SERVICE, not a physical good, so nothing could have been SHIPPED and therefore there was no TRACKING service. If Groupon had truly been communicating with PayPal, then one of them was providing fraudulent information. So naturally, I appealed the decision. Again, a decision came back from PayPal in Groupon’s favor (even though I had yet to get any service from Groupon and Groupon had yet to prove that the service purchased, lessons from Winter’s Run stables, could be provided). This time the response was simply: “The seller has provided valid information on the above case. As a result, your appeal can not be granted at this time. We encourage you to contact your seller for a resolution. We value your business and regret that you have had this experience. Thank you for your cooperation.”

There was no mention of what the “valid information” was (I had submitted documentation showing that there was a different business at the address and transcripts of my previous conversations with Groupon Customer service). Upon receiving this information, I called Groupon Customer support. I made two calls to Groupon Customer support and followed up with Jhonny. The 2nd call to support I demanded to speak to a manager. ON A RECORDED LINE, the MANAGER assured me that Groupon was investigating why the business had not closed out its account if it was no longer operating but that I would be ISSUED A REFUND ON MY PURCHASE CONCURRENTLY WITH THEIR INVESTIGATION.

Fast forward to the next communication from Groupon: “Thank you so much for your patience while I've looked into this matter. I have been escalated your ticket for review.Thank you so much for your patience while I've looked into this matter. Typically, outside of the 3-day return window, all Groupons are final sale. However, I have been escalated your ticket to look into this issue a bit more. I am still currently investigating this issue. I did have a few questions I was wondering if you could clarify for me? PayPal has notified us of a dispute on this order. I do see you stated that the dispute failed. Would you please provide me with the email screenshot from PayPal notifying you of the disputed outcome? If I have this, I can look into this situation further and see if there's anything further that we can do. I can't promise anything, but I'm happy to dig a little deeper for you here.”

SO now Groupon wanted ME to provide THEM with reason why the dispute failed? I told them that PayPal had closed the dispute so I could not send them screenshots of it. Got this as a reply: “Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, PayPal does not inform us of the decision they made on the transaction so we were not informed if they went ahead and reversed the charge or not. We will be able to see on our end about 45 days after a dispute was filed so if I am able to do anything after my investigation, I will have to wait until around that time so we can fix the dispute noted on the account. I was hoping you had a screenshot or email that I could attach to expedite that issue, but I can just keep an eye on it. I am going to go ahead and look into the closure more closely.

Typically, the merchant's contact us about possible closures prior to their actual close so that we can work with them on getting their accounts shut down but it looks like that didn't happen here if they closed. We will have our merchant contact reach out to the business and look into this issue. Once I know more, I will follow-up with you. This may take a bit of time since we have to wait for Paypal to show that they refused the dispute filed.”

So now I went through my emails and sent copied and pasted messages from PayPal with their notices on why they decided in favor of Groupon and got this:

"Thank you for that information, Rena. I'm not sure what PayPal needs to determine if they will honor a dispute or not, but we did send the transaction information. We did not mention any tracking information to them, so I'm unsure of why they sent that first email to you about that. At this point, we had not received a confirmation of a closure from the business stating they are no longer honoring the Groupon. They have a way to notify us in the system and that was not done. However, I am happy to reach out on our end to get a direct response from them so we can figure out what happened or if there was some kind of confusion. I have attached your ticket to the escalation and will be sure to notify as I know more.

Once I have confirmation from our merchant escalation team, I will get back to you and let you know. We are trying our best to get this resolved soon, but I'm not sure if it will be resolved by Friday. Either way, I will keep you updated. I apologize I could not provide you with the outcome you wanted sooner. I assure you that I am having a team look into this and I will know more soon.”

That was July 20th. Today is the 25th. To date, I have not received my money back, nor have I heard back from Groupon or PayPal on this matter. I expect I will never see my money back because Groupon really doesn’t’ want to refund customers. This is why this company is failing. Quite frankly, I was far more patient with Groupon than I should have been. No customer should EVER be put through such a rigmarole to prove that a product or service is no longer available. That’s not my job. If the company who purchased the services from Groupon is out of business, that is between Groupon and that company.

I, as the third party beneficiary to the agreement, should never have been tasked with proving the business is no longer in operation. My request to have my money back should have been enough and it should have been done promptly within 72 hours. I have been sitting for a month with no money, no lessons and hours of frustration and aggravation. This is some of the worst customer service I have EVER experienced from any company. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH GROUPON. I will say that over and over again and make sure anyone I can report this incident to is notified.

I bought a fun tour with Groupon as a gift in Feb and want to use it now. I followed the instructions as the site gave me & to my surprise it doesn't work. I contacted their customer service by chat as that's the only way to speak with them. We started chatting and I said my coupon code is not going through. He asked what series of number/letters I was using and I told him. He said I need to use another code, and ask if I needed anything else. I said I am still having the same issue as it's not going through. He decided to try to enter the deal for me and came up to the same road block. He then tells me I have to enter the code at check out. When I checked out it charged me for the service. So I ended up paying for the Groupon deal plus the regular price from the company.

He then tells me after I'm freaking out that he's going to pass this along to a team that's going to get back to me in 24-73 hours. And if I needed anything else. My issues is unresolved, I'm freaking out as I spend over $400 and that's the response I got. After awhile he replies and tells me I can do a trade-in that I have to use in 24 hours or I lose it all. For their mistake I'm charged twice and out of money. Then someone else replies days later on how there is nothing he can do and thanks me for my business and never replied. For a company that prides itself on customer service and say they wouldn't be here without customers they sure don't treat them right!!

I purchased a mobile phone screen repair (Daniels NYC) and went 3X when they were scheduled to be open. They were not there. They did not return telephone calls. I contacted Groupon who said they'd give me a credit. Then the vendor called to apologize that they were not there when we went. Transportation problems but that I could go now. I said "No thanks I got it repaired at a reputable place". Groupon says returns have to be in 3 days but you have 3 months to use it. THE WORST - GROUPON should be out of business.

I purchased a Groupon for tanning at South Beach Tan & Spa in Nashua NH. When I went to use it, I was told my merchant that they do not accept Groupon. The previous owner of the Spa did but they no longer will accept and have told Groupon to remove the ad from their site and they have not. Of course I tried to get a refund and have been notified by their "customer service" in India but they just keep going around in circles without any resolution. I have made complaints to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General in hopes of getting this resolved or at least bringing attention to it. After reading all the complaints against Groupon on the internet, I know it is not the merchants' fault. Do your research first before purchasing and check out others complaints on the internet. Good Luck!

Compare Deal Websites