2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.15/5
Based on 2,533 ratings submitted in the last year

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Groupon Reviews

Original review: May 18, 2020

Either from my error or another person’s unauthorized actions using my account, there was a transaction for A Lot of items ranging from cell phone holder For the car to bedding to essential oils etc. When I realized that this had happened and the amount of Money all the items totaled, I almost fainted. I was very upset and knew I did not order or want all of these items as I first and foremost could not afford them.

When I contacted Groupon - initially it was with emails causing some frustration with the responses etc. I was put in contact with a customer service agent/department who was amazing. Immediately my account was frozen in case someone else had access and did this. Then worked with me item by item to get them returned and refund for all of the items. From this experience I have tremendous respect for Groupon, for how well and kindly they worked with me to correct this and provide refund. They followed up with emails and sent shipping labels. I have NO CONCERNS shopping with them. Even when I purchase things like a month to a fitness gym - Groupon sense reminder emails about the deadline to use my Groupon is approaching or if I would like to switch that Groupon for something different. Groupon allows people who usually couldn’t afford certain items, services or experiences possible. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I always order phone cases, screen protectors and chargers for my phones. They are way cheaper and good quality and I always receive them quickly. I have also used Groupon for family adventure trips such as zip lining and water parks. Never disappointed.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I brought an item on Groupon from a third party and I never received it. I could not get in contact with them and had a lot of trouble for over a month. Groupon's customer service refunded me the money and was helpful when the merchant would not respond. Groupon itself is great but the merchants on it should definitely be reviewed before purchasing! Thank god for their customer service though.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I have used Group on with none expensive vouchers and did not have trouble for a while. Recently I spent 150 dollars on a hair salon coupon, just then, the COVID pandemic started, and all salons were closed. I had to move to another city at this time. Now Group on customer service, which does not have a phone number and is hard to access, tells me that the only way to use my money is to go to the same place. However, they don't care that I don't live in that city anymore. They also don't care that this is all due to the pandemic. I had to do quite a lot of searching to find their customer service, and that was when I read a lot of reviews during these searches that how they keep ignoring their customers and how they've ruined small businesses. As a result, I would never trust this company and will not encourage anyone to do so.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I've been waiting 3 days for Groupon to verify I didn't redeem a Groupon I purchased for duct cleaning. I bought this Groupon with a credit from another crazy Groupon. That lady wanted me to get a doctor's note in order to qualify for her massage! So I use Groupon's credit to buy duct cleaning for my house instead, and when I go to schedule it, it's listed in my account as already redeemed. I would have thought a phone call could clear this up. How hard can it be to verify I've never contacted this business and they have never been to my house? But here I am waiting days. Looks like I threw good money after bad in buying this second more expensive groupon with the credit from my last deadbeat groupon. I now have trust issues with GROUPON, I trust you understand. Please make it right and right-quick please, Groupon!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?

Original review: July 2, 2020

I bought 4 Groupon's every time I tried to make an appointment the merchants didn't return my calls for the first couple of weeks some still never have the ones that did aren't honoring them. I wanted a refund since I tried to book appointments but Groupon refuses they will only give a refund if you cancel within 3 days. How can you cancel in 3 days when you have 120 days to use them, it takes more then 3 days for merchants to respond if at all. This company has no phone number it clearly is a rip off.

Original review: June 30, 2020

It's so quick to book something but when things go wrong they are not helpful at all!! Booked a week stay in March but due to Coronavirus and all the shut downs we were unable to stay. I have been battling with Groupon since to get a refund, at first they tried to deny my refund. It wasn't my fault everything shut down because of the pandemic! After waiting 3 months they sent me a groupon credit with the amount I was owed. I did not purchase the room with GROUPON CREDIT. I paid with my personal credit card! Now they are giving me the runaround again to give me my proper refund. I have had nothing but a horrible experience with groupon for months now. It's really sad because some of the deals are really good. But without them being able to help when things go wrong, I am afraid to make anymore purchases through them! I hope they get themselves on track soon!

Original review: June 30, 2020

I ordered two Daisy T-Shirts in a 1 x one green and one gray. I received in the mail two green and they were both 2 x. Not what I ordered at all. Trying to get my money back. I have never had any problems with Groupon before. Now I am not sure if I can trust what is being sent.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I have happily used Groupon for years but have recently had a lot of trouble. I am seeking help but cannot contact Groupon by phone - recorded message saying phone lines currently closed, email - all addresses I can find bounce back as unknown or unmonitored, website will not give Help details. BEWARE. I am very scared I am going to lose a lot of money.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I paid for a MacBook Pro and received a iPad mini. When I called they said I could return it and they would send a return label, which never was sent. Plus there was no paper work or receipt in box. They claimed it was sent and I received it, and told me I could keep if for $10. So I am out $569.00. I feel sick!

Groupon author review by Erin Huffstetler

As one of the first deal sites on the scene, Groupon has been offering discounted vouchers and merchandise since 2008.

• Vouchers retain value: After vouchers expire, they can still be redeemed for the purchase price.

• Returns accepted: Vouchers can be returned within seven days of purchase. Some Groupon Goods purchases are eligible for returns.

• Accessible customer support: Both online and phone support is available.

• Easy email management: Email subscriptions can be set and changed with ease.

• Deal overload: With hundreds of local deals to sort through, and just as many national deals, it can be time-consuming to sift through all the offers, and hard to zero in on what you’re interested in.

• Vouchers: All vouchers remain in your account until you mark them as redeemed, so it can be tricky to remember which ones you’ve used and which ones you haven’t (especially if you buy a bunch).

by Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

Groupon Company Information