2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.48/5
Based on 3,719 ratings submitted in the last year

Groupon Reviews

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I always order phone cases, screen protectors and chargers for my phones. They are way cheaper and good quality and I always receive them quickly. I have also used Groupon for family adventure trips such as zip lining and water parks. Never disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I brought an item on Groupon from a third party and I never received it. I could not get in contact with them and had a lot of trouble for over a month. Groupon's customer service refunded me the money and was helpful when the merchant would not respond. Groupon itself is great but the merchants on it should definitely be reviewed before purchasing! Thank god for their customer service though.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I've been using Groupon for many years. I find the deals are always as advertised and I've never been disappointed in my purchases. I let one Groupon lapse past the expiry - but on the Groupon, it stated that the value paid for the Groupon never expired. I tried to redeem it with the vendor and they would not honor it. I reached out to Groupon's Customer Support and I received a response in a reasonable amount of time and they credited me the amount the vendor should have honored. I never hesitate to purchase a Groupon. I've made dozens of purchases, and I've always been pleased!

Original review: April 3, 2020

I purchased a ticket for an event that has been canceled amidst the COVID-19 social gathering restrictions that has affected us all. Groupon acknowledges that they rather keep your money during this time of need rather than return or credit your purchase in these current circumstances that is affecting the world. What a stand up way to show support to humanity. Your greed is real and my loyalty as a customer will remember this always.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I made a reservation to Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, Tx through Groupon.com, due to the coronavirus. GWL was gonna be closed for the dates we was gonna go, I contacted them through the live chat and all they offered was Groupon bucks, I did not want those. I wanted a refund back to my bank account and they told me that the only thing that they can offer is Groupon bucks. Please beware that if you get something and the establishment is closed due to the government closing it down you will not get your money back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?

Original review: April 1, 2020

After ordering the GROUPON "deal" on face masks I went to AMAZON.com to order more to donate. Shamefully, GROUPON charges as much as 3 times the AMAZON price for face masks. I contacted GROUPON because I wanted to write a review to warn others but was told that a review can only be written once the item has been received, which will be weeks from now.

Original review: April 1, 2020

DO NOT DO BUSINESS with Groupon. I tried to start a Pressure Cleaning business and tried Groupon. Their customer service rep told me to make my price $75 to get customers. I did that but, the rep failed to tell me that Groupon takes 50% of that $75 which leaves me $37.50 for 5 hours of work and supplies. Horrible company that lies to businesses owners. Telling them that they will get new customers and make a decent amount of money for hours works. I call B.S. on Groupon.

Original review: March 31, 2020

Horrible, reservations were cancelled due to the virus which is completely understandable. But they are refusing to refund my money!!! They keep saying they can't. They can only give me Groupon credit. **!!! I WANT MY FULL REFUND BACK!!!

Original review: March 30, 2020

Booked a hotel stay for my daughters' 7th birthday through Groupon. When the hotel closed due to Coronavirus, Groupon said I missed the cutoff date. They said I could reschedule, but the dates they're giving the hotel for allowable dates are dates inside the lockdown - hotels will NOT be open at that time. So, they basically stole my $576 at a time when we're ALL home from work.

Original review: March 28, 2020

Hello, My name is Arman, a working college student who had finally decided to buy a game after 5 years of studying & working. I’ve been saving my money for a new car so I wouldn’t have to take the bus anymore & I finally thought, since the virus has affected us & caused my job to shut down, I could finally relax at home & play some games. So I decided to buy FIFA 20 & turns out, Groupon wants to charge me 2x the purchase. I’ve contacted their support team & the man by the name of “Santhosh” decided to deny me of my right & decided to go ahead & steal my hardearned money. One of the worst I’ve ever dealt with. Delete Groupon & everyone please wash your hands. Have a nice day.. ihy groupon.

Groupon expert review by Erin Huffstetler

As one of the first deal sites on the scene, Groupon has been offering discounted vouchers and merchandise since 2008.

• Vouchers retain value: After vouchers expire, they can still be redeemed for the purchase price.

• Returns accepted: Vouchers can be returned within seven days of purchase. Some Groupon Goods purchases are eligible for returns.

• Accessible customer support: Both online and phone support is available.

• Easy email management: Email subscriptions can be set and changed with ease.

• Deal overload: With hundreds of local deals to sort through, and just as many national deals, it can be time-consuming to sift through all the offers, and hard to zero in on what you’re interested in.

• Vouchers: All vouchers remain in your account until you mark them as redeemed, so it can be tricky to remember which ones you’ve used and which ones you haven’t (especially if you buy a bunch).

• Best for: Bargain shoppers, occasional users, businesses

by Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

Groupon Company Information