Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.34/5
Based on 1,928 ratings submitted in the last year

1780 Groupon Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 28, 2019

I've been using Groupon for many years. I find the deals are always as advertised and I've never been disappointed in my purchases. I let one Groupon lapse past the expiry - but on the Groupon, it stated that the value paid for the Groupon never expired. I tried to redeem it with the vendor and they would not honor it. I reached out to Groupon's Customer Support and I received a response in a reasonable amount of time and they credited me the amount the vendor should have honored. I never hesitate to purchase a Groupon. I've made dozens of purchases, and I've always been pleased!

Original review: March 8, 2019

Hornblower San Diego Harbor Bay cruises are a great value for your money when offered through Groupon. I've taken at least two different ones. They have onboard refreshments, open top deck and below deck enclosed seating areas. The commentary is both informative and entertaining. Being on the water you get the opportunity to see naval bases and ships, boats, the harbor and marine life. I recommend this to everyone of all ages.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I purchased a local deal and when I went to use it the manager gave me a lesser product instead of what I purchased and they just stated "it was from last year", just trying to make an excuse and con me out of what I played for even though I have bought it before and used it with no problem! Well I brought the issue up to group and even though the dishonest company marked it redeemed. Groupon went the extra mile and even offered a trade in effort to make up for something that wasn't even their fault. That was really comforting and out of respect I had to decline as it was not Groupon's fault the local business lacked honesty and integrity.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I just want to say what a fantastic and easy experience I had with your sales rep Kathleen **. She was just a pleasure to deal with. I'm a salesman as well and she provided me with the best customer service I've ever had. Would recommend her to all my friends and family. Thank you Kathleen.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

They purchased a Groupon for an IPL facial and went to the salon to have a done. It turns out that the IPL facial was actually in at home IPL machine and the woman put a red light mask on my face and walked away for half hour. When she came back a big lines all over my face from the mask that hurt and nothing had been accomplished with the IPL machine that was supposed to. I contacted customer service for a refund. The person that help me out was absolutely amazing. They do not argue with me. They do not question me. They were absolutely amazing and gave me a full refund.

I would have been happy with a store credit. I don’t think I have ever been so satisfied with customer service before I use Groupon for everything and I highly recommend them. They have great customer service but the agent I talk to him particular what is exceptionally great! I was having a pretty rough week and Shyaam made it so much better. It is very hard these days to get someone who understands your frustration and Shyaam handled this situation so professionally. If I have any questions or concerns in the future I will personally request Shyaam! Thank you Shyaam!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?

Original review: July 20, 2019

I recently purchased a Groupon for C$90 worth of Photobook Canada photobooks. I completed 2 photobooks, and attempted to use the Groupon voucher to pay. Photobook Canada would only accept the voucher for 1 photobook, which was far less than the total value of the Groupon. When I called customer support, they were very unhelpful, despite me reading to them what the Groupon stated. They suggested I call Groupon. WELL!!!! What a lot of frustration! First of all, it is very difficult to find any link to directly contacting Groupon. When I did finally find a contact, my choice was a "live chat" or request a phone call. The groupon site indicated there was no one available for a live chat, so I requested a phone call. The site suggested approx. 1 hour window for call back.

I waited by the phone, but received an email about 50 minutes later saying they had tried to call but couldn't reach me! I immediately emailed back stating I was by the phone, and there had been no ring. I re-confirmed my phone number and requested a call back. That was 6 hours ago. There has been no further contact from Groupon. Because my photobook projects were time-sensitive, I have been forced to use the groupon for 1 project, leaving a balance of approx. $35 unused. While I am not happy with Photobook's response, I am deeply dissatisfied with Groupon's "Customer Support". My advice to anyone else trying to use Groupon, is make sure before you buy that you won't need any customer support!!!

Original review: July 20, 2019

I booked a Ramada Inn by Wyndham in Pigeon, Forge, TN. The motel was run down and dirty. There was feces on a towel, blood on the bedding, hair in the shower, spiders on the walls, ripped bedding, etc. I was told by the hotel staff that they could not refund my money because I booked through Groupon/Expedia (didn't realize Expedia was involved when I booked).

I've contacted Groupon multiple times and still no response on a refund, just that "they're checking into it." The hotel has since been sold, although I was able to tack down the manager because they own other properties in Pigeon Forge. I've passed this information on to Groupon and still no response. Very disappointing experience and not what you would expect for $150 room.

Resolution response: July 18, 2019

Groupon did contact me back and refunded the detailing price.

Original review: July 18, 2019

If you need assistance from Groupon, be prepared for disappointment. I purchased auto detailing from a mobile service, then couldn’t get the company to return my calls or emails. Groupon’s customer service has dwindled to practically nonexistent. Finding a way to contact Groupon on their app is way too difficult, while the small print is amazingly comprehensive. I contacted Groupon, hoping that they would at least stand behind their customers where a business refused to even try to honor the deal purchased through Groupon. No such luck. It seems Groupon has turned from good deal into take the money and run.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I ordered Hushed so we could sell household things online without our regular cell phones constantly ringing. You need a code to activate. No code was sent. I contacted customer support. I was told "our system is slow, wait 24 hours". I got an email immediately asking how customer service was, but two days later I still had no activation code. I have contacted PayPal to cancel the payment and will NEVER USE THIS RIPOFF company again! BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: July 17, 2019

I ordered a tank top which was on special for their Black Friday in July. Dog print lower bottom LG. Originally 30 dollars plus some. I can get it for 17.99 plus tax with their deal. OHHHH I received it Today! Print all the way up the tank top. Way way way too big for a large. Can't get ahold of customer service. Oh and it's cheaper today than what I paid for. Thanks for PJs! Which is not what it was for! I took my card off and deleted their app.

Groupon expert review by Erin Huffstetler

As one of the first deal sites on the scene, Groupon has been offering discounted vouchers and merchandise since 2008.

• Vouchers retain value: After vouchers expire, they can still be redeemed for the purchase price.

• Returns accepted: Vouchers can be returned within seven days of purchase. Some Groupon Goods purchases are eligible for returns.

• Accessible customer support: Both online and phone support is available.

• Easy email management: Email subscriptions can be set and changed with ease.

• Deal overload: With hundreds of local deals to sort through, and just as many national deals, it can be time-consuming to sift through all the offers, and hard to zero in on what you’re interested in.

• Vouchers: All vouchers remain in your account until you mark them as redeemed, so it can be tricky to remember which ones you’ve used and which ones you haven’t (especially if you buy a bunch).

• Best for: Bargain shoppers, occasional users, businesses

Profile picture of Erin Huffstetler
Erin Huffstetler Deal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.

Groupon Company Information