2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5
Based on 1,795 ratings submitted in the last year

Groupon Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?

Original review: March 23, 2021

I bought a Groupon for a car service to get to the airport for about 300 bucks. I immediately was unable to contact that service so after about a week of trying I reached out to groupon. They bounced me around for about a month. The car service was out of business but GROUPON KNOWING THIS KEPT SELLING THIS GROUPON TO OTHERS!! Bad enough they were ripping me off they knowingly were selling bad 300 dollar groupons to other customers!! After a month of asking for a refund they will only give me groupon bucks. I liked groupon about 5 years ago. They are just a rip off swindle site now. Steer clear of these thieves!! "Hi David, Unfortunately, we were unable to get in touch with the merchant. I've just canceled this order and issued a refund in Groupon Bucks to your account."

Original review: March 4, 2021

First time I have used Groupon. I am seeing that the wind surfing lesson package I bought was nothing more than a scam. The instructor kept putting me off until the coupon expired. I did receive a credit for $174 in group-on goods, however I wanted my money back and a credit made to my credit card account. If I went into the instructor's van and took $174 worth of equipment I would be arrested and jailed. However, Groupon and the instructor found a way to steal with contract and legal protections. I'm sure I'm not the only one that had issues with this vendor. Hard to believe that groupon keep allowing this vendor to use their services, guess they must be making money off it! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND GROUPON OR CERTAINLY NOT THIS KITE SURFING INSTRUCTOR TO ANY ONE!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Groupon are a terrible company who add unskilled and uninsured merchants to their website. Having purchased a microblading treatment from Natalief Brows - not only did she perform a terrible job, but assured me when I complained that this would all be put right in the 'top up treatment' paid for in my payment. However, when lockdown was lifted, this unscrupulous merchant demanded an additional £50 to complete the treatment due to covid. This is the only merchant to make such demands in times of covid. Having since contacted Groupon for assistance - they have basically shown no interest. People, take care when buying any treatment via Groupon!!!! They are negligent!!! They show no duty of care.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I purchased a Groupon for highlights and cut and made the appointment. When I arrived at the salon, they were closed. I called the phone number and no answer. I received a call back hours later in the evening and the message was that they had been calling the wrong phone number to confirm and when no response, my appt. was cxd. I have been trying to get in touch with someone from Groupon and it is impossible!! After showing up for my appt., I realized that the salon is being misrepresented. There were signs all over the windows advertising children's diva parties and nothing about adult hair lighting. There are also recent reviews that are terrible....reviews stating hair fried, etc. Obviously I want to trade the Groupon for something else and can't reach anyone at Groupon. The customer service at Groupon doesn't exist. Never again will I purchase anything from a company who does business this way.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I placed an order based on a promotion. They added items I had viewed months ago, to my order and charged me. I immediately tried to change it. It credited one item, but did not ship the other item. After 9 days, not seeing any indication that item was shipped, I tried to cancel. They defaulted in to refund in the form of “Groupon bucks.” I was looking for a refund! All phone calls are no longer answered and directed to website! I think the customer service and quality of products themselves have gone down!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I claimed a Groupon + deal for Edible arrangements. I was to receive 25% back after using an edible arrangements dealer. I clicked on the edible arrangements store it showed on the deal and after putting in my ship to address it directs you to an edible arrangements in your area. I purchased the deal following all the requirements and after many emails groupon is not honoring the deal. It clearly shows as long as you don't use a 3rd party retailer you will get the deal. At one point on an online chat they said they refunded me 25% and after not receiving anything they then came back with I needed to use the 1 location that shows on the deal but is not at all what the deal states!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Basically stole my money. I thought I was reviewing an order and instead they charged me for a hotel I didn't want and that had an additional $40 a day surcharge not reflected in the price. I called one minute after the charge happened and then they wasted an hour of my time before telling me they couldn't do anything and to contact the hotel which is nonsense since they charged me. Groupon has basically become scam artists and I will never use them again.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I ordered a "high speed" three port iPhone charger through Groupon. The merchant sent a one port charger that was nothing like the one pictured on Groupon. The merchant included cheap charger cables that are not meant for iPhone. I assume the merchant hoped the cables would make me overlook the difference in the chargers. It didn't. I emailed the merchant through the Groupon site three time. No response. Ever try to find Groupon customer service? There is no Groupon customer service. Their site would try to make you believe there is one, but, try to reach them.

You are on your own if the merchant is not responsive. Pitiful. I left a nasty message on Groupon's PR site, the only place you can communicate with anyone there. I will never get a response, but I feel better. Now, I will just leave a negative review whenever I can and hope to see they file Chapter 7 in the near future. Fortunately, my credit card company disputed the charge. They can now take over where Groupon should have been involved. NEVER AGAIN WITH GROUPON.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

The business I worked for tried out Groupon a few years ago. We didn't really like it, so we never did more. Our company stayed up on Groupon since they insist they can't delete you. This weekend we discovered that they had started a new Groupon without our consent. Luckily we caught it before they sold a lot. Their explanation as for why they started a new one for us was that they had sent us an email telling us they would activate it again and that they would take no reply as consent. Do not ever use this company.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I am a Groupon Select customer and was purchasing an item when I noticed the addition of a shipping charge of $5.99 on the invoice at checkout. Right next to the shipping charge was a note that said "as a Groupon Select member, I will receive 15% off plus free shipping on this purchase". Since I was supposed to receive free shipping, I contacted customer support on the live chat line and was greeted by Adriana S., their customer service rep. WOW, what a waste of time that was!! Very rude and short with me when I inquired about the free shipping.

I even sent her a screenshot of the invoice showing I was supposed to get free shipping. She said "their policy was no free shipping on some marketplace merchandise for Groupon Select members... have a nice day". No explanation about the invoice or how this fell into this special category. She made me feel terrible and with absolutely no clarification to help me understand their policy in the context of my Groupon Select membership. Adriana S. was very rude and condescending. I was so angry from her attitude that I canceled my order. She should not be interacting with customers. You'll start losing them FAST!!

Groupon Company Information