Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.44/5
Based on 2,597 ratings submitted in the last year

1802 Groupon Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I purchased 2 Vouchers for Athens Greece and when I called to reserve them I was told that the departure cities that I have picked and paid for were not available anymore. Gate 1 suggested to call Groupon and ask for a refund since the deals that were sold are not valid anymore. They did process my refund very quickly but upon receiving it I had noticed that I lost 134$ due to the US/Canadian Conversion. To me, it was not fair that I had to lose money because of Groupon's fault. How is this fair that they don't issue you your actual refund when they are the ones at fault? They should include this in their policy. If they are not going to give you what you paid for at least give our money back. Very very upsetting.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Due to the fact that my reservation was not honored, my husband and I were forced to spend $117 that we had not budgeted for. All other nearby hotels were booked up and we had to take the only vacancy available as it was 11 pm and we had just driven 5+ hours after having worked all day. Tired and frustrated by the fact that we had no way of contacting anyone with any authority to remedy the situation on a weekend, our “fun weekend away” turned into a nightmare weekend that we just wanted to end. When I was finally able to contact customer service, I was told that after three days they had still not been in contact with the hotel regarding my issue. The second time I contacted customer service by phone was the second time that they were more interested in selling me something than resolving my issue.

The original thing they had sold me proved to be nothing! I trusted that by accepting my payment and sending me “confirmation”, Groupon had done their part to ensure that my reservation was iron clad. Failure to do so was either lazy or fraudulent. Either of these scenarios is unacceptable! A modicum of integrity on your part would dictate that in addition to refunding my money (not in “Groupon bucks”) you would also reimburse the additional $117 that I would otherwise not have spent. If this is a rare occurrence, your reputation would be worth it. If not, I can only wonder how many people you have already and will continue to defraud before you go out of business entirely.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I was in Las Vegas with my family. I bought tickets for a show (fireshow) that evening. Right after I paid for the tickets, Groupon closed down my account with no warning. Customer service refused to provide a refund, and refused to reactivate my account. They said "I'm sorry sir, you violated our terms of service". Apparently, my account was flagged and shut down because I used my wife's credit card to make the purchase. We weren't able to attend the show, because Groupon stole our money. They never provided the tickets we paid for.

I had had this account for over 3 years and had made many purchases through their service with no issues. Both myself, and my wife have spent many hours on the phone with Groupon representatives. They will not help. We lost about $330usd that to this day, more than a year later, Groupon still refuses to give back. I will never again try to use this service, and I advise others to use caution.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I was interested in using Groupon for good local discounts. I signed up, paid my $4.99 "monthly fee", only to discover that there were VERY FEW, if ANY Groupon coupons that were available for my local area. The closest that were of any interest at all were more than 50 miles away! I immediately cancelled my subscription and requested a refund of the monthly fee, only to be told it was non-refundable. Don't waste your money on Groupon!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Groupon has no live customer service that can be reached in less than 1 hour. Groupon allows you to purchase from Merchants you have already used your one time Groupon with which is frustrating because you may not remember that you visited the merchant. As a result you make this purchase and the merchant will not honor it after you have already spent the money. Then you are locked in to spending at that merchant. This is a business that should be shut down. I have been trying to use a Groupon for two years that was a gift. The merchant is impossible to contact. Finally I request a call from Groupon which took an 2 hours and 30 minutes and another hour for them to call back. I was told that the person who purchased the Groupon will need to request a callback even if they are right in front of me. So now I need to spend another 2 hours with my husband to contact them again. I am considering just suing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Bought a Groupon gift card from Kroger for $200. Received an activation receipt from Kroger. When I tried to use it on Groupon, it said my code was invalid. I have tried every way I can find to contact Groupon. Including asking for a return call several times, and emailing. No response, other than email telling they would get back to me within 24 hrs. It has been 6 days and have not heard from them. Kroger will be getting them there $200, so as of right now Groupon has stolen $200 from me.

I have used Groupon for years, and if I don't receive a refund or credit the saving will be gone that I have saved over the years. I also had to purchase the concert tickets that I was trying to purchase from Groupon, so I'm 400.00 into something that should of only been $200. Everybody should realize when purchase something from Groupon, if you ever need real customer support, it does NOT EXIST! Shame on Groupon, you're thieves in my book now, and will not be using Groupon anymore.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I purchased a Groupon to take the kids to an event place. Same day. Practically left 1 hour after purchasing the Groupon. Drive down there only to find the the business is closed because they are going out of business. Groupon not reachable in any way to contact solving any type of problems customers are experiencing. The phone number no longer works. Well you can answer and select a number only to listen to music all day, but never reaching anyone. The Live Chat is gone from the website and you can't even email support! The website no longer exists. You are only allowed to see the FAQ which won't lead you to email support. Bad Bad Bad! You lost a VERY loyal and longtime customer Groupon. I am sure I am not the only frustrated and super disappointed customer! I'd rather give my money to charity than loose it to Groupon!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

So Groupon showed a deal for a hotel stay for around $15 a night in Myrtle Beach. When I was trying to research each, after I clicked on the date, it was showing me around $150 a night. So I went through the steps of booking it and put in a promo code to see if the price will decrease back to $15, but it didn't. Somehow I accidentally hit the submit button and I immediately emailed Groupon to ask for a refund. They told me they would have to investigate because that deal was non-refundable. I reminded them that it was an accident and asked them why was there price difference. They stated, again, that they will have to investigate and get back with me.

After about 2 weeks of going back-and-forth with emails, they told me that the hotel denied my refund. I ask them for proof of that and they said it was "confidential". I took it upon my own to contact the hotel and they informed me that they did not receive any money from Groupon because I never showed and if I wanted a refund that I will have to go through Groupon. So I told them what was stated to me from Groupon and they told me that that was not true because I booked through Groupon so I will have to get a refund through Groupon. As I related this information to Groupon, they told me that they will do further investigation and see what they can do. They email me again and said that my refund was still denied by the hotel. So here it is one month later and I am still fighting to get my $700 back. I am going to small claims court.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I've used Groupon over the years but recently they tried to cheat me out of $174. Their customer service used to be decent but now it is almost impossible to get someone on the phone unless you are trying to purchase a voucher. I was charged twice for a Groupon and even after I provided a copy of my statement proving this and they confirmed that I had a single purchase, they still would not refund the money from the double charge. After weeks of being given the run around by their online customer service, I reported it as a fraudulent charge to my bank. Despite valid proof that I was double charged, they continued to try to cheat me out of my money. The situation was finally resolved 2 months later in MY favor! Buyer beware!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I have had the most frustrating experience with Groupon that I have ever had with any merchant. First, I had items in my cart and coupon codes to use when I was ready to check out. I had attempted to use a coupon but hadn’t spent enough. At the checkout I updated my address. I put many items in my cart, got tired, and woke up the next morning to learn that somehow I had purchased all of the items in my cart, no discount, and the address change hasn’t gone through.

There is no customer service by phone anymore. I was asleep when the purchase occurred so I wasn’t able to change the order within the two hour window. I tried email, but no one returned my email. I was finally able to chat only to learn that I was welcome to find the merchants and ask them for a return- well, two of the items were final sale. Those two are the only ones I will likely receive.

Lesson learned. My credit card is now removed. I won’t likely receive the one item I knew I wanted. I was told by one shipper that Groupon could call and re-route the package but Groupon refused even after I gave them the phone number and order number. I wish I could give zero stars. I lost a decent amount of money, and Groupon will only credit items not sold through a merchant if a package is returned as undeliverable.

Groupon Company Information