Groupon

Stars Rating

• 1%
  • 99%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?

Reviewed June 11, 2024

I purchased and paid for 3 coupons for the Florida Everglades tour. When I arrived at the venue only 1 coupon came up on the app/phone to scan. The other 2 coupons would not come up on my phone. I was forced to purchase 2 additional tickets. I could not reach a person at Groupon. I entered a refund request on their web site. Four (4) days later I received a response telling me there is nothing Groupon can do. I then sent a second request only to be told all sales are final. Groupon lost $11.5m last year. Wish I had known this prior to purchasing these coupons. Please, never use Groupon. They do not honor their purchased coupons, customer service is awful and they lose money every year. I guess they need the money more than we do.

Reviewed June 10, 2024

BEWARE - Groupon charged my card on file for a purchase I made with a different card that I added for that purchase resulting in a double purchase. Groupon stated that they can not refund my card that they charged that I did not authorize, but would give me a credit. I didn't purchase the item twice nor did I authorize the purchase to the card on file but you won't give me my money back?!?

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed June 8, 2024

Groupon is a scam and doesn't stand by its customers. I purchased a groupon from a vendor. Worst customer service and a total scam! I called to make an appointment and they said that they are booking out a week even though the website clearly shows that there is availability all afternoon. Then, I get a call saying that someone is available at 3PM but that the area that I purchased would cover about the size of a quarter which is fine but that it had to be the exact specific location. If I moved the quarter space back (same exact size), I now had to pay for a medium size service. Absolutely ridiculous! Waste of my time! I was told by the business to get a refund from Groupon since I didn't qualify for the service. Groupon said that the time for a refund had expired and that the business is open and can take me. The business was trying to get me to pay more than what I had already purchased. Both places are total scams.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed June 7, 2024

Groupon is nothing but a rip off! They baited me and switched to sell me something I did not want and then refused to even consider my inquiry through their lousy customer service center in India!! It took me 2 hours to even find an email for their customer service, the phone number on the internet doesn't even work. They took $107 dollars from me and I received nothing in return!!

Reviewed June 4, 2024

Please be advised. No support for customer. Don't use Groupon! A waste of time and money. The refund policy is non existent and time consuming to find out it doesn't exist. I will not use again and suggest against anyone using Groupon.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

I bought a Groupon for a facial. When I called to buy it it was expired and there was nothing to do to get a refund or extension of the date even if the service was still on sale and available. I contact both groupon and the seller. It was groupon policy.

Reviewed June 3, 2024

I’m disgusted at Groupon's customer service practices. I wanted a refund for a merchant that was not returning my calls and there is NO NUMBER that I could find for them and no other way to really reach them except for chatting which was automated. I WILL NEVER use Groupon again.. You literally STOLE 200 dollars from me. You are a horrible company with no moral or ethics. Shame on you.

Reviewed June 3, 2024

Buyer beware. Groupon isn't interested in protecting members from fraudulent sellers. I followed all instructions on the Groupon and booked my time and received confirmation. Seller said they had no record of my booking. Now I can't get a refund because the seller says the groupon was used and groupon does not care.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed June 2, 2024

Shame on you Groupon! I have been a member since the beginning days, in the past week 2 fraudulent purchases have been made on my account and not one single person at groupon is doing anything about it nor cares at all. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get in touch with anyone at Groupon. There is literally no phone number, no contact customer support info (this is the way shady, scam companies on FB and Tik tok operate, not supposedly reputable multi billion dollar companies). The only thing I've heard back in a week is "someone will be in touch" a form email sent to every single person. BEWARE OF PURCHASING ANYTHING FROM GROUPON OR STORING YOUR PAYMENT INFO, they will charge you for whatever they feel like and there is absolutely zero recourse on your end.

Staff

Reviewed May 25, 2024

Groupon sucks, don’t buy anything! You get sucked into a void that is almost impossible to get out. Booked a massage and a week later the owner cancelled all massages by Groupon. It’s almost like a fake enterprise now, just look at the officers and where they are from. I’m trying to just get my GD money back. They don’t want to fulfill their obligations and that’s why they have a 1.3 rating. I don’t know how they are even in business? Steer clear. Don’t be a fool!

Reviewed May 25, 2024

They’re scammers, they closed my account with almost $500 bucks, they tried to scams me and the customer service so rude and don’t care about that you’re losing your money!!! Don’t trust them! I’ll call my bank to get my money back from them.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 20, 2024

TERRIBLE SERVICE AND EXPERIENCE. DON''T BE TEMPTED TO GET GROUPONS. DELETE THE APP. I bought 3 groupons to the same restaurant, thinking it would be a great deal and perfect for an upcoming special occasion.. but... when I went to make a reservation, the restaurant said they don't take groupons anymore, even though my groupons are not expired or anything yet. They expire on the 31st, it's the 19th now. I contacted customer service and they were absolute robot jerks. They told me to wait up to SEVEN DAYS to remedy. Of which it is not guaranteed they would refund the amount I paid. And I can't use them all at once either even if they did decide to accept them after all.

Groupon disconnected me and blew me off, when I asked if they could please resolve within 24 hours so I don't have to deal with this for the next flippin week. Not helpful at all. I will never use Groupon again. I've used them in the past for other events and it only worked once or twice. I am an idiot for trusting them again, conned by the seemingly good deals. I will not be fooled again.

Reviewed May 15, 2024

I bought a mani pedi coupon from Groupon and when I went to use it at the establishment they said they was never on Groupon and they wouldn't honor it. Groupon only gave me a Groupon credit where they should have given my money back onto the credit card that I used

Reviewed May 14, 2024

Terrible. I purchased a Groupon and merchant won’t accept even though per policy I was allowed to buy again after 365 days. I contacted Groupon customer service and after 10 email exchanges they refused to let me trade it in. This is $200 waste and 2 months prior I lost $400 on tickets I was not able to trade in even though my daughter didn’t qualify for the service due to age. What Groupon is doing is fraud and illegal. Stay away from it because there’s no option to return or get reimbursed if you can’t use it.

Reviewed May 12, 2024

I went to book a reservation with Groupon for a hotel stay in New York. When I booked it, it came out as a fraud alert through my bank so I cleared it, but I didn't redeem the transaction again. So the next morning when I woke up they took my money from Groupon, so I looked up their cancelation policy and it says I have 48 hours to cancel to get my money back, but there's no number to calling them, and the only way you can talk to them is online, which that's even hard finding when you look for it. So when I got a hold of somebody they wouldn't return my refund and they told me my cancelation policy was due on the 19th when I booked on the 21st. Now how's that possible? I will never use Groupon again because they are a bunch of crooks! Be careful if you use them because they will take your money no matter if you cancel with them.

Reviewed May 11, 2024

This site has gone to trash. I would not recommend anyone or businesses to use this site. There's no phone service anymore. It takes weeks for proper responses and I noticed there aren't as many options as years previous. Clearly for a reason.

Process

Reviewed May 8, 2024

I bought a digital product from them. They made made me go through a confusing redeem process only to not give me what I paid for. I never got my money back. Customer support ignored me. This is such a shady business. Warning for everybody. STAY AWAY!

Reviewed May 6, 2024

I made a purchase for a 60-minute massage through WoodCreek Massage in Albuquerque, NM. When I made a reservation through the online reservation system, which did not work. This happened twice. Due to the provider's availability, or lack thereof, my Groupon expired before I could use it. I contacted Groupon customer service and was given a runaround. Today customer service told me the voucher had been redeemed. I never set foot in the office of WoodCreek Massage. Now, I have to get the provider to say that the voucher was not redeemed and forward it to Groupon for a refund. All I can say is be VERY careful when making a Groupon purchase because there is a reason some of the providers agree to use Groupon. Two thumbs down for Groupon Customer Service!!!

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Although Groupon supposedly has a 14 day return policy there are exceptions and Groupon does not make it obvious to the buyer that they are purchasing something that is final sale until it is too late. The experience I purchased allows changes to the date due to bad weather but Groupon does not honor that policy. First and last time using them. Looking through all these reviews I'm shocked they are still in business. Horrible customer service and deceptive practices.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

I purchased a massage for my wife through Groupon a few months ago. My wife setup an appointment with the massage therapist. On the day of the appointment, the therapist texted my wife and cancelled the appointment. My wife had to reschedule the massage. She rescheduled for a month later. Come time for the rescheduled appointment and once again, the massage therapist cancelled the appointment on the same day. Keep in mind, neither cancelled appointment came with any reason - the appointments were just cancelled. My wife, who was fed up with having her appointments cancelled each and every time just asked for a refund of her Groupon. The merchant wouldn't even communicate with my wife after the second cancelled appointment. We also found that the merchant had redeemed the Groupon without our knowledge.

When we filed a complaint with Groupon, Groupon did nothing to help us. They just simply reached out to the merchant who told them they would reschedule the appointment, and that was all Groupon would do. Even after I told Groupon that this merchant had done the same thing to several other customers, and that I had reached out to the BBB, they still refused to investigate any further. I realized that Groupon is only after profit and not into protecting the consumers at all. I have also reached out to the local news media to see if they would cover the story. Groupon acts as if they are untouchable and defiantly stands their ground when it comes to profit over consumer protection. They need to be put in their place.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed May 4, 2024

I bought 2 coupons for bowling under "Local Deals". Due to unforeseen circumstances I couldn't use them, and within 2 days I asked support for a refund. They refused to give me one under the pretext that the fine print for this business states "All Sales Final". This is in direct contradiction to their own Legal page which stated that for Local Deals ANY unredeemed voucher can be refunded within 3 days of purchase, and only after which period does the sale become final. They refuse even when faced with this discrepancy to honor their own policies.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed May 4, 2024

If I could leave a 0 stars I definitely would. I don’t recommend anyone to use a Groupon directly, it’s a big scam. I would just go to the place that has a deal and ask them to match the Groupon price. I will never spend another penny with them ever again. I purchased a treatment and I wasn’t able to use it due to not been eligible for it due to been cancer survivor and Groupon is refusing to return me the money but give me a Groupon bucks (that I don’t need as I can’t use what I went there to purchase). They charge business and are scamming us. Go directly to the business that you are interested in and ask them to match the price.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 3, 2024

My boyfriend and I wanted to go to Busch Gardens and his sister in law on a good deal on Groupon a few years back so I figured why not since the tickets can be pretty expensive. I got two tickets for us and we were on our way to the amusement park. When we got there we thought we were good to go since we had our tickets but I never got an email confirmation stating that it went through so we were unable to enter the park. My boyfriend had to get two more tickets that were double the price than what I originally paid that morning. I didn’t get the email confirmation until 2pm. I bought the tickets at 9:30. $185.00 wasted and I am not made of money so it’s really sad that I won’t see that money again. We will never be using Groupon again.

Verified purchase

Reviewed May 3, 2024

I brought a session of profilho, booked + was cancelled a day before due to service provider having insurance issues. Requested refund, told to get confirmation email from service provider that it was not provided. Did that, sent it to Groupon, that was early March. Groupon said they would respond within 7 days. They didn't, and have not replied to emails since asking for assistance, resolution, refund, 2 months later. £100 down the drain. GROUPON ARE IMMORAL SCAMMERS HIRING UNLICENSED AESTHETIC THERAPISTS AND DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed May 1, 2024

I purchased a manicure and pedicure to BeYouty Bar, PV, KS. The owner, Anna ** did not show up for my appointment. I contacted her and she rudely told me I did NOT have an appointment. Then told me to contact Groupon if I wanted a refund. There is NO phone number for customer service, the website does not give an email or any other means to reach them. The website gives a help location but no working way to request a refund. I've learned my lesson, never again will I use Groupon!

Reviewed April 29, 2024

100% scam company. I bought tickets for an event in Miami with specific date and time (part of my vacation's budget, I'm from Toronto). I had no problems, all with taxes and fees was $89.85. An hour later I received an email "your refund was processed" and immediately went to the customer service page to know what happened, I chatted with a representative and the answer was "the reservation was not found"??? I don't know what that even means, and also I have to wait 3-5 business days for my refund. Fine. I'll wait.

3 days after I received the refund for 76.66, I asked a representative by chat again and the answer was "Convenience Fee $5.00 is charged and is non refundable"... Why on earth I have to pay for that fee if you made the refund? Not me! The solution was put on "My Groupons" a $5 credit, and what happen with my other 8 dollars? Apparently a tip for them for the inconvenience. LOL. This was my first time buying Groupon, and won't do it again.

Reviewed April 24, 2024

Groupon is a scam!! I bought a reservation to Great Wolf Lodge in Gurnee, IL. The fine print said that I could cancel my reservation until 9 days prior to arrival. Seven days prior to arrival, I needed to cancel this reservation. I went to the confirmation in my email and reread all the fine print. Everything was fine to cancel, but you have to get an agent to chat with you. This took about 7 minutes. The agent gave me the run around telling me that I couldn't cancel because it was past the "cooling off" period. I told her what my contract said and she stated the same thing about this "cooling" off period. I asked where in my contract does it say this. She refused to tell me and stopped the chat! Ridiculous! I tried to start another chat, but it didn't let me right away. I tried a few minutes later and got a different person. This person sent me a website address that I clicked on quickly before she hung up. This site says it can't help me with my request.

I hurry back to the chat and let her know what that site said. She then told me that she would refund me manually. She did get MY money refunded back to my card. This was nothing but a HUGE run around to try & keep MY 175 + dollars!!! I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH GROUP ON AGAIN!!! This is why they have an average of 1.4 stars out of 5. I did Thank the lady that was willing to refund me manually. I give her 5 stars! GroupOn as a business deserves ZERO STARS!!

Reviewed April 24, 2024

This site is a joke. Please don't trust them with your money. They say they have a money back guarantee but good luck getting it back. No one answers phone calls. And you're lucky if they answer your emails.

Reviewed April 21, 2024

I lost out on $98 for a Groupon that expired 48 hours ago and we can't use the voucher in California because we relocated to NC. So who gets the money, Groupon? Never again! I am amazed that they would rather end a chat so quickly and not provide world-class customer service. Groupon this is why you have the rating you do here at Consumer Affairs. 1.4 rating, ouch!

Verified purchase
    Customer ServiceSales & MarketingOnline & App

Reviewed April 19, 2024

Bought my first and last Groupon last night. It was advertised as 65$ but 55 after an additional promo they offered. When checking out it showed the promo was applied and that my total would be 55$ however they charged me 65$. There is ABSOLUTELY no way to contact ANY type of customer service. Not by phone, email or even live chat as they say on their website. This company is trash and I will go out of my way to make sure others don't use them!

Groupon Company Information