It's that easy Request Information
3.07/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals.

1144 LightInTheBox.com Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I absolutely love shopping on LightInTheBox, it is always an enjoyable experience! By receiving email notifications I get instant notice of all of the Special Event sales, deals and offers. Even if I’m not shopping for anything in particular or not at that moment I make a point of scrolling through the colourful email offers as a way to build my wish list. For Christmas and special occasions, it is an excellent source for finding something for everyone, because there is so much to choose from.

Shopping for everyday items is equally as tantalizing and I am always satisfied with all of my product searches, from accessibility to display to pricing. One of the added features I enjoy is the inclusion of my recently viewed selections, which I really appreciate! When I don’t have the time to stop and shop it’s great to be able to see the things I looked at before, so I don’t have to start my searching over. All of my orders have been exceptionally well priced, and all of my orders have been shipped promptly without issue. I highly recommend LightInTheBox to any of my fellow shoppers and encourage them to enjoy the same experiences as I do!

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I ordered the HomTom S9 Plus smartphone for $139 + shipping $10. Tracking info was good during the waiting period as it comes from Hong Kong. This is the lowest price I could find anywhere. It works fine with my MINT Mobile service and with the 4G network, 4G RAM 64GB it should never have an issue with too many apps. I enjoy the larger screen size and so far have no issues, battery life is really good. Camera nothing to brag about but ok. I wish it had the newer C type charger port rather than the old micro USB. But it works fine with my existing chargers. I have not been able to find a good bump proof case other than the one included. Nice it has a screen protector preinstalled. Overall very pleased.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

This review is my honest and unbiased opinion about my shopping experience with LightInTheBox. I have been shopping with them for over 4 years and I have had only great experiences. I have purchased hair extensions, duvet sets, household decors both interior and exterior and the list goes on. I have never received anything that wasn’t quality. I must say their beddings are the best quality. I shop with many popular sites and their items are more satisfying. I really appreciate how fast their customer service team responds quickly to any tickets I have opened and if for example an item was late for delivery or out of stock they communicate with me and resolve any issues or questions I had.

The only thing I believe they need to work on is the processing time for certain items, even though I believe this is something that is really dependent on the suppliers. Shipping is usually fast and if you pay in advance for customs and duty fees with them and for some reason you’re charged more, they usually refund you the difference in amount. In conclusion I believe online shoppers should choose them. Am sure you will be satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I found out about LightInTheBox.com about a year ago when I was looking for options to get my wedding dress. I wasn't Happy at all, with Bridal boutiques and the way they work. I am a short girl 5'1" they will take at least 3 or 4 month to make the dress in a random size, and then other 2 month to make alterations to make it fit, and I would have to pay way too much money for it.

I decided to try online. This was the Best decision I've made. I ordered my dress with my exact measurements, and they nail it! I didn't need any alteration at all, I love my dress, I got too many compliments, I looked like a real princess. It was very well done, comfortable and beautiful! I keep buying other kind of stuff and the entire experience buying in this website is amazing. They have a great customer service, they respond promptly, and try to make sure you are 100% satisfy!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I love, love, love my flashing light tennis shoes. I couldn’t be happier. Well, yes I could, if I had TWO pair of these shoes! I waited 6 weeks for them and it was worth the wait. People are getting concerned about their orders too early. YOUR ORDER IS COMING FROM CHINA! WAIT PATIENTLY. Don’t go pushing buttons and canceling too early. It took about two weeks for a tracking number to show up. It was a China DHL tracking number. In the first few weeks your order is still in China. Be Patient!

After you receive your tracking number you can find your order IN CHINA and track it from there. It takes a couple weeks for tracking number. I was able to watch my order come from China to USA New Jersey then USA Missouri and finally to my state. These shoes are fantastic and I recommended LightInTheBox to about 7 adults at the gathering.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

Original review: July 12, 2019

Quality of the dress is shockingly terrible. The fabric feels extremely cheap and the cutting of the dress looks different to what it does online. Their customisation is a waste of money. They are highly inaccurate. The measurements I had specified was different by around minimum 2.5 inches and maximum 6 inches! The return policy is a SCAM! They do not follow company specific return policy to give a refund. Do not buy from them. It's a waste of money & time & good luck dealing with trying to get a refund.

Hello Cat,

This is supervisor Fabio. I was informed that you haven't received enough help for your order. I'm sorry for that.

Since I really care about your satisfaction, I'd rather prefer to sort it out for you on my own. Please trust me that I'll try my best to help you.

We feel really sorry you don't like the dress.

We'd like to know more about the measurements you mentioned were not correct, as it was not very clear from the photos.

Please note we don't accept a return of tailored dresses for personal reasons. Exceptionally, we can accept it this time only. You may return the dress for a price refund in case you're interested.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help you.

I would like to help and I have raised this ticket for you, please will you follow up? https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_after_detail&id=19707670

Original review: July 12, 2019

Two items (of two ordered) turned up damaged. They promised a refund of both the item, the initial delivery cost and my return postage (close to 20 GBP for postage alone both ways). The item has been refunded but not my delivery, I am out of pocket 20 GBP. No reply to my follow-up emails at all.

LightInTheBox.com response

Dear Customer, we would really like to help, but we found out you left this review without any order number.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I purchased a dance costume and received it in about 3 weeks from time of order. I used the measurement size chart to match my size prior to ordering, so it should have fit. I ordered the costume and mind you I had to order a much larger 3XL size than normal thinking it would fit. I am a size large/XL in regular clothes. It doesn't fit at all. I been unsuccessfully attempting to return the item. I eventually found the ordered item with difficulty in My Orders. I could not even login easily. The website kept booting me out. I wrote the return request but it Never would upload even with the photos to prove my point.

I've tried at least 10 times, seriously, going through the same process to no avail. Absolutely frustrated and upset as this is wasting so much of my time. So much for the return policy that is offered. Ridiculous! I want my refund and a return the item with a return label and address to send back. Customer service chat is Never Available at any time of the day, period. So forget about trying to text/talk to a human. I will never order from this website again. Be warned, find another place for ordering.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Order Number:**. Placed Order Date June 01, 2019. Tracking Number : **. Shipping Method: Postal Service - Tracking (10 - 22 business days). Placed a ticket on July 2 asking why package details have not been updated, they asked for patience & closed the ticket. I opened another ticket on July 11 asking for details on delivering package. I received a response to have patience & wait until August 8th to receive my package! I would like a full refund! If this is not resolved in a few days I will pursue this with my credit card company so they can take it up them directly.

Hello Anna,

First I would like to apologize to you for the unexpected delay.

Your order was shipped out via ChinaPost-track-Bao Tongda on June 9, 2019. The parcel code is RV934852072CN.

I am very sorry to inform you that your package might be slightly delayed.

Since it was shipped out by Airmail, it needs to be transferred among several countries through their local post offices. Also, it will get through Customs Clearance, and some facilities may require more time for the officers to open and check it. I need to mention that any bad weather or strike could potentially affect the delivery time.

Our Logistics manager told us that most delayed packages get delivered to the United States within sixty days. More important, our manager will be able to submit an inquiry to the carrier in the remote case you should not have received it by that date.

For this reason, it's really likely that you will receive your package before August 8, 2019.

Would you be willing to please wait some extra days? I am so sorry for you waiting longer than expected and I hope you may understand it does not depend on us.

Please allow me to assure you that we are a very professional online shopping store. We totally care about our Customers: this is why we have been successfully running our Company for over 10 years. We owe it to our Customers who in the end are always satisfied with our service. This is just to say that we will always take full responsibility for any issue of your order, you have nothing to worry about.

If you do not receive your package by that day, please just contact us again or raise a new ticket. I promise that we'll file a case with the post office to check where your package is and why it hasn't arrived to you yet.

You may also try contacting your local post office to inquire about it with the reference # RV934852072CN.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

Should you need any further information, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help you.

I would like to help and I have raised this ticket for you, please will you follow up? https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_after_detail&id=19707657

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 11, 2019

I purchased two products which were not fit for purpose. They promised to pay full refund on return of products. I did this at my own expense and three months later after several email messages and promises by them to pay the refunds...they still have not paid me any money! They are difficult to contact and basically being in China...you can kiss your money goodbye! Don't touch them with the proverbial bargepole. Deal with UK based companies only is my lesson from buying from them.

Original review: July 8, 2019

This website is a scam. Do not order from this website. I have made an order and the shipment details state 4-7 days. I was send tracking information that did not work and it is now 4 weeks and I have still not received my package and customer service are only responding with standard templates. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE!!

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am afraid that you misunderstood the shipping time of this order.

Please note the shipping method you chose for this order was "EconomyExpress". It usually takes 4-7 business days (5-11 calendar days) for the package to arrive. And we state it in the shipping method choosing part at the Check-Out page when you placed this order.

Your order was shipped out via UK Priority Line-Intel-valley on 2019-07-01, with the Tracking No:VC677909641GB. So it's normal that you still haven't received the package because it's still in transit. You shall receive it before 2019-07-12, which is 11th days of shipping.

We've just checked and it shows the package has arrived at your local Post Office. It will be delivered to your address very soon. Please understand it is not delayed.

Tracking Link: https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item#/tracking-results/VC677909641GB

Online update tracking information: [Wednesday 10 July 07:16am Due to be delivered today by Salford DO]

I also had conducted new Ticket ID =19700586 in our ticket center to follow up your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to contact us again if you have further inquiry . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Beware of the merchant that is located in China. They shipped me the wrong size shirts and refused to rectify the situation. They expected me to pay for worthless items and failed to understand the importance of customers who drive their business. I have never dealt with a more ignorant or belligerent group of customer service representatives. They basically steal from consumers.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your message.

We feel sorry the clothes aren't fitting.

Please be reminded you ordered a size M based on our size chart: https://www.lightinthebox.com/download/ca24c997-6a8f-4f73-b3e2-3a510eb080c1

We do not cover the postage for non-quality issues. For quality issues, we do.

As explained you may compare the cloths measurements to our size chart. Should you find any discrepancy, please let us know. We'll investigate and, if the issue is confirmed, we'll cover the postage.

Please return via traceable local post office by following below instructions. We will arrange the refund for you as soon as we receive your returned package.

Attention:
1 Please ship the package out within 7 days, please understand that we'll not process the refund if the return period expired.

2 Please WRITE DOWN THE ORDER NUMBER and the RMA Code in the Return Form, otherwise, we are unable to identify the owner of the package nor can we process your refund. The Return Form can be downloaded using the link below:

Return address and download link:
DongguanWarehouse:

The ORDER NUMBER is 1906210233287288
RMA code: 7010000

Note:
1. If you want to use the original package to return, please REMOVE the labels which can show that the parcel first arrived from China and the STICKERS which says that the product must be customs cleared.
2. Pls kindly note that you need to return the products to our China warehouse, and the return postage is at your cost due to your personal reason. Thank you for your understanding in advance. We advise you to use the cheapest trackable shipping method from your local post office.

3. Please kindly note that we have a Quality Assurance on your return package, we’ll arrange the refund/replacement for you after confirming the return package is in its original condition and has the problem you mentioned. Or the return will be denied.

Please make sure the returned item is in brand-new condition, unused and with original tags and packaging. Once we receive and identify your return package, we will send a confirmation email and process the refund or replacement based on our original agreement.

If any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I would like to help and I have raised this ticket for you, please will you follow up? https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_after_detail&id=19690074

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 5, 2019

Updated on 07/18/2019: I am still waiting for a response from anyone at LightInTheBox. The 30 days will soon expire on returns/exchange and no one has contacted me. I still don't know how to reach them and have my email address with an error.

Original review: I purchased a blazer and have been trying for the las 4 hours to get in touch (by phone and online) with anyone in Customer Service. The phone number listed 1-877-745-7267 does not belong to LightInTheBox. Every time I have gone online I have NOT been able to get anything resolved except to get pop ups for PDF converters. I have also Googled the return address on the package and found it to be an apartment building in Jamaica, NY not a business address so no chance of getting a phone number there. I have also tried to correct my email address and have been blocked from doing this as well. DO you want repeat customers or not? I want an EXCHANGE or REFUND ASAP. My Order #: **

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 26, 2019

Updated on 07/06/2019: Received the wrong size shoes. Received authorization to return them and did so following their instructions exactly. Heard nothing for a month and then posted a bad review. They referred the complaint to CONSUMERAFFAIRS. Through them I got a response from "Supervisor Fabio" telling me to return the shoes. Obviously I can't return them again as I already did so a month ago. LightInTheBox.com is a joke.

Original review: Ordered a pair of US size 10 shoes. The shoes that arrived were size 6.5. When I complained, LightInTheBox said they shipped the size I ordered. Sure LightInTheBox. At the age of 72 I got my shoe size wrong by more than three sizes. Nope, sorry. You shipped the wrong size. LightInTheBox sent instructions for how to return the shoes, which I followed precisely. I even used scissors to cut out the return address and glued that to the package so there could be no error. More than a month has elapsed since I returned the shoes. No word from LightInTheBox.com.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 25, 2019

Update: 07/09/2019: On June 29, 2019, I agreed upon a partial refund of half the cost of the dress and I would keep it and fix myself. Light in the Box told me to give it up to 5 business days. Today is July 9 and still no refund. I went on their website and they have not only closed my ticket, they have closed my order so I can't contact customer service about it. Also, my negative review of the dress does not show up unless I log in as myself. When friends of mine look at the dress description on the website, there is nothing but glowing reviews. I looked at over 30 other dresses and not one had below a 4 star rating. Not one! This leads me to believe they purposely block negative reviews to deceive buyers. I have filed a claim with PayPal and hope to recoup something through them.

Original review: The only thing nice I can say about this dress is it came on time. The dress I received is very little like the dress they show in the picture. For one thing the dress is not a true black as pictured but closer to a navy blue because the black is faded. Also there are white ribbons running throughout the dress that are pictured on their website as being either black or dark grey, definitely not bright white. These ribbons are to gather the top skirt of the dress but several broke when I gently pulled on them. The ruffles on the dress they picture are wide and the collar is tall but the dress I received has thin ruffles and a short collar. The bottom of the skirt is not hemmed either. It is serged which is what is done to fabric edges to keep it from fraying but not used as a hem.

Customer service has been anything but helpful requesting the same info over and over which I send but they keep claiming to not receive. Also my negative review of this dress is no longer on their website, only positive reviews. I spent over $105 on a dress which is only worth at best $35 as a Halloween costume. I have finally had to file a dispute with PayPal to try to get my money back and so far, they have ignored it as well. I have purchased from companies in China similar to this one and never had a problem. This one had been an absolute nightmare.

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

We sincerely apologize for the problem and all the inconveniences caused. We will take full responsibility of our problem. Please don't be worried.

Please also be noted we did not received any photo from you via the Ticket. But now we are able to check the photos you uploaded here. I had conducted new Ticket ID =19657877 in our ticket center and provide solutions for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 24, 2019

1 week ago I bought some tattoo goods. I paid from my debit card. But this LightInTheBox did not send any mail regarding this yet. My money already went thru online transaction. That’s why it doesn't even show any record in my account also if I open it. It shows only the previous one which I had bought long time back. But there is not any record that I bought something. But money gone. This is fraud. I found my order number from Google history. I have proof that I bought it and paid it... But LightInTheBox is fraud... They took my money and did not sent any mail. This company doesn't even have any contact number. Can you believe it? Only you can contact through mail. Please don't pay online from card. If possible don't buy anything from this site. I need my money back. Or I need those goods.

Dear customer,

We apologize for the problem. We'd like to help you resolve the problem with our greatest effort.

Unfortunately, we are unable to read the information in your photos very clearly since the photos are very small. Could you please just write down your Order Number so we can help further check it for you?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: June 21, 2019

I've purchased from this company on three separate occasions recently, all men's shoe purchases for myself. The first time the shipping was outstanding. Multiple emails on my shipping progress and the goods arrived within 7 days. Not bad seeing it came from China. Unfortunately, the shoes were way too small for me. I'm a size 8.5 and have been for many years. I'm 57, so I think my feet stopped growing a loooong time ago. The shoes that arrived are size 42 which is supposed to be my size (8.5) according to their shoe size conversion drop down box on the web site. These things are tiny and I knew as soon as I opened the box and saw them that there was going to be no way they would fit. I did try them, but I had no chance of getting them on. Roughly $75 down the drain.

My daughter convinced me to try again seeing the shoes looked so nice, so, I threw caution to the wind and ordered the equivalent of a size 11, and paid extra to have them delivered in 3-5 working days. 3 days later my order was still showing "In Progress". When I raised a ticket with them on their website, they replied and said that my order would leave within 48 hours. So much for paying extra for fast delivery. 4 days later the shoes arrived -in a plastic satchel -loose (no box) as the first pair had arrived in. Upon opening it and trying them on I found that they fitted. However, being shipped without a box had allowed the shoes to scuff each other in transit, only minor scuffs but still scuffed. We're talking about high gloss "patent leather" shoes here.

Now, I've ordered again from them. I thought "the shoes are nice enough and comfortable to wear, I can live with the scuffs, I'll give it another shot". Once again I ordered size 11's and paid extra to have them shipped to me within 3-5 working days. After 3 days I checked them to see if they'd been shipped - "In Progress" the order status said. Once again I raised a ticket and was told it would be shipped within 48 hours. Here it is 9 days since I placed my order and the order status is STILL showing "In Progress". I really wanted this company to be my new go to place. Somewhere I could recommend to friends and family with confidence. My whole experience has been nothing short of bitterly disappointing.

For us it's important to assist you and solve your problem. Thank you.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Very good on shipping, but the quality is so poor. Was so disappointed with the dress. I will never order again. Would of rather of spoke to someone on the phone, but that wasn't the case. How can they send me the dress that was a different material and a different pink altogether. I'm disgusted how they can get away with it.

My message to anyone - stay away from stuff made in China. My daughter at school could of made a better job. Why bother selling stuff when you know it will get returned.

Hello Cresta,

I really feel sorry you're not happy with the products received.

After checking, I can see you requested a return on 2019-06-13. Please no worries: as soon as we receive your package back, we'll refund 17.42 pounds

Thank you very much for your kind support.

If you need any further information, please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to assist you.

I would like to help and I have raised this ticket for you, please will you follow up? https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_after_detail&id=19653370

Thank you very much.

Original review: June 18, 2019

This was needed for a dance performance. It was ordered several weeks in advance. It arrived after the dance so we were unable to perform as anticipated. When we contacted them, which is a big problem too because there is no email address or phone number for support, they offered a discount too for us to keep the dress. When we accepted they replied that they were unable to give the discount and would not take back the dress. After more back and forth they said they would take back the dress to evaluate it for return. It's going back to China since they don't have anything here in the US. I doubt that we will get the return so I am taking it up with PayPal.

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

Firstly, please let us explain the Total Delivery Time of this order. Please be noted the Total Delivery Time consists of both the processing time and the shipping time. Before your order is shipped off, we have to process your order and put all your items through its strict quality control tests. The processing time of your items was 4-6 business days (6-8 calendar days), which was stated on the product page. So your order was NOT delayed in processing phase when it was placed on 2019-05-10 and shipped out on 2019-05-17.

However, we realized that your order was slightly delayed in shipping phase. The promised shipping time was 5-10 calendar days (4-7 business days). Your order was delivered on 2019-05-28, which is 11th days of shipping. It was 1 days later than promised. We'll take full responsibility of our problem.

We are really sorry to find the previous representative did not handle your professionally. I will criticize him strictly. We will improve our service and try to avoid the same problem happens again.

In this case, we still would like to keep our original promise and issue you the partial refund to keep the order. Is that fine with you?

Or if you prefer to return the order back for a full refund, we are also willing to help. We can understand if you concern you might not receive the full refund. Please be advised after we receive the return package, we only take a quality test to confirm the condition of the items. So if you are sure all the items are still in original condition, please don't be worried. We promise to issue you full refund once we confirm the items are not used (except for trying).

As for your case, I had conducted new Ticket ID =19648018 in our ticket center and will help you resolve the problem in a timely manner. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I did not realize I was buying from a company in China with no US warehouse. Returned hat to China ($15 postage) to get credit to my credit card. They acknowledged receipt of hat and instead they created a credit towards a future purchase. After 3 weeks of waiting for credit to appear in my VISA, I went to their website and learned I had to instruct them to credit my VISA. What a sham! I now have to wait (who knows how long) for credit to appear on my VISA. Their website does not indicate anywhere that you are buying a product from China. This entire transaction has taken two months so far, and I still don't have credit for the product I returned at my own expense.

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am sorry that you were unsatisfied and left this review. But actually all the information are stated in our Return Policy in knowledge base. Please let me explain it.

Please firstly check our return policy statement in following link.

From the above link, you will find a section "Return address & refunds". From this section, you can see that we have clearly indicated that all the products need to be returned to our warehouse in China. We also indicate that any refund will be issued to your LightInTheBox Credit Account firstly. If needed, you may withdraw it to your original Card account by yourself.

And in Ticket 19598808, we also provided you "Store-Credit Withdrawal Instructions" on May 30th. We feel sorry that you did not read our policy or ticket carefully.

After checking again, we received your withdrawal request yesterday. Our financial department has issued the USD39.99 refund to your original Card account on 2019-06-17.

However, please kindly note because this is a transnational transaction, it will take a few more days for you to receive the refund, you may refer to the following link about the refund processing time:https://www.lightinthebox.com/download/ec11af0d-ebb0-4a1b-9d53-b919e05b1f49

I can fully understand your concern. So I had conducted new Ticket ID =19644429 in our ticket center and will provide a refund proof to you. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: June 15, 2019

VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Also, it is impossible to return the product, once received. They do guaranty easy refund but this is not true. I wasn't happy with what I received so I decided to send the product back for reimbursement. They offered me a discount toward to a future purchases if I was willing to keep the product but I could not use it so I said no to their offer. However they provided the details for this refund and suggested that this needs to be send with the most economical way so I did follow their instructions and sent the product back. Two months later I tried to contact them to find out a status for this refund, but unfortunately unsuccessful because they don't reply back to you. Yesterday, 5 months later, I received the parcel back with the sticker attached to it "overdue return". With that I figured that they will never give you money back so you stock with the unwanted product. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

We are really sorry to hear that your return package was sent back to you. We'd like to help you check what caused the problem. Then we will help you resolve the problem with our greatest effort. Please don't be worried.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =19639969 in our ticket center to follow up your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 12, 2019

I ordered two security cameras in December. It is now June. I still have no cameras. I waited 8 weeks before contacting my credit card company and by then it was way too late to do anything about it. They seem to be located in China and I have discovered with a little research that I’m one of many thousands of unhappy customers and I suspect that the satisfied ones are fake!

Dear customer,

We apologize for the problem. As for your case, could you please firstly advise us with your Order Number?

Please also tell us more details about your problem. We will then further check your problem and try to find a proper solution to help you out.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in advance.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Very Poor Customer Fulfillment and Service. It is impossible to find contact information on the website. I cancelled an order within minutes BEFORE THE ORDER HAD BEEN PROCESSED which they say takes two days - and and they continued to process it. This demonstrates either poor software design - or the fact that they do not want to cancel orders minutes later. I have no way to get a hold of them - as they have no customer service contact information. I made the mistake of reordering the number of dresses I actually wanted so now I will have three. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Dear customer,

We apologize for the problem. As for your case, could you please advise us with your Order Number so we can further check your problem?

We also feel sorry to hear that you felt difficult to contact us. But please be noted that we have a "Customer Service" button on the top of each product page. It is obvious. So you did not find that button?

After you click this button, you will be re-directed to the following link, from which you can learn how to contact our customer service:

Original review: June 1, 2019

Wish I could give this company zero stars! Absolutely awful service, DO NOT SHOP HERE!!! Ordered a pair of cycling shorts and paid a significant amount for them to be delivered within 2-5 working days (£7.29). I received them EIGHT working days later.... Due to this late delivery, I had missed the event where i needed them so wanted to return these items. They then make it very hard for you to return the items, you have to submit a form as to why you would like to return them and then they can approve it.

It took them SIX days to reply to my actual request and even then they did not give me a return address. They said if i don't return them i can have a discount off the price.. not what i asked for! Following from this they will not refund me the £7.29 i paid for the "speedy" delivery, apparently the 2-5 business days does not take into account processing time (thats stupid and misleading).. and you should only count that from the day it is shipped. Even with this in mind however it took SIX working days for the item to come, which is outside of the window i paid for. This company is an absolute joke, they take incredibly long times to reply to your complaints, and do not take you seriously. I WILL NOT BE SHOPPING HERE AGAIN and advise that you do the same!!!!

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

First of all, we afraid that you misunderstood the shipping time of this order. Please kindly note 2-5 business days is only for expedited shipping, not including the processing time. Before your order is shipped off, we have to process your order and put all your items through its strict quality control tests. The processing time of your items is 2 business days, which was stated on the product page. This was why your order could not be shipped as soon as it was placed. Next time, please kindly check the processing time of your products before you place the order.

However, we regret to find that your package was delivered on the 6 business days of shipping, 1 days later than promised. Your package might be delayed because it's really a busy time for the worldwide carrier. But we'd like to admit our fault and take full responsibility of it.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =19609561 in our ticket center and will help you return the whole order back at our expense. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I ordered a watch strap on March 27 2019 and had a confirmation of shipping on April 1. After 15 days, I still had not received the item so followed up with Customer Service. I received a response that normal mail delivery can take up to a month so please wait. After following up again, I was told to wait 60 days (2 months). Yesterday, after 2 months waiting, I followed up again and received yet another reply to wait a further month for delivery. I have asked for a refund of my money but no-one has replied. I rate this as non existent customer service. Very poor.

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

I sincerely apologize for the shipping delay. I know it might have caused your so much inconvenience. We promise to take full responsibility of our problem.

We have asked our logistics department for help to track your package and are still waiting for their feedback. Please be noted normally we could only offer solutions for you once we get the checking result.

While in order to meet your satisfaction, I had conducted new Ticket ID =19609529 in our ticket center and provide a Special solution for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: May 30, 2019

DO NOT BUY FROM HERE! THEY WILL TRY AND NOT REFUND YOU! ORDER: **. Ordered two catalogue outfits (standard sizes) and didn't even open them. But as they arrived, too late for the occasion. I required a refund. They tried to refuse me a refund, saying that they were custom made! I have fought and fought with these guys and eventually they have accepted the return. However weeks later, I am STILL WAITING ON MY REFUND! MY ADVICE - STEER CLEAR!

Hello Rebekah,

Thank you for reaching us out.

We confirm you ordered two tailored dresses. Normally, we cannot accept a return for personal reasons according to our policy, as written on our website.

However, we evaluated your case specifically and we decided to make an exception and arranged a return for a product refund.

Please note we haven't received your parcel yet. In this case, please kindly provide us with the tracking so that we can know more about your parcel.

Once we receive it or can contact the carrier and get a delivery notification, we'll promptly arrange the refund for you.

I would like to help and I have raised this ticket for you, please will you follow up? https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_after_detail&id=19602770

Original review: May 28, 2019

I placed an order for shoes and a purse for my daughter’s school dance. They both said processing would take a day, I double checked that before ordering those 2 items and paid for expedited shipping. I paid $41.14 and a couple days later received an email saying the processing would take a week before it shipped. My order was to ship the day after we needed it. I contacted customer service and requested to cancel and get a refund since it was still in the processing stage and obviously had not shipped. I received an email back stating that I would receive a credit to my online account that I could withdraw. Upon checking, I saw that the amount I could withdraw was $8.00. I emailed again asking for a full refund since nothing had fully processed or been shipped and got more of the same in response. What I have learned from this, is NOT to order from this company, because they will take your money and you will not get it back!

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help with all your problems.

Firstly, we are afraid that you misunderstood the Processing Time of your order. We state processing time for each product on the product page. You need to choose the color/size you need and then you will be able to see the specific processing time for your products.

If you chose the color/size you needed when you placed the order, you would be able to see following information on the product page:

【Processing Time: 5-7 business days】.

This is why your order could not be shipped as soon as it was placed.

Furthermore, you also misunderstood how to withdraw the USD41.14 store-credit. Please be noted below link we sent before was just an "Example" link, which tells you how to withdraw the store-credit. It does NOT mean we only returned you USD8 store-credit.

We issued FULL refund USD41.14 for you already. If you want to withdraw this credit to your Credit Card account, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to this link :

2. Click the "Withdraw" button, and then click the "Submit" button on the next page.

3. After your submitting the request, we'll confirm your withdrawal request within 3-4 days, then the credit will be sent to the original account you paid with the order, you may refer to the following link about the refund processing time :

I also had conducted new Ticket ID =19598601 in our ticket center to follow up your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to contact us again if you have further inquiry. please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The company sent me the wrong projector cord. My product is unusable. They will not pay for return shipping to China nor refund my money. It takes them three days to respond to each message. It has been a month and my money is lost. I'm stuck with an unusable projector with a European plug in the US.

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

We are afraid that you misunderstood us. Since this order could not be used due to our fault, we will cover 100% Return Postage for you. We need your cooperation to return the order back to us firstly, and we will process FULL refund for you after we receive the return package. Normally other US customers return their orders back to our Chinese warehouse via USPS. We can receive the return packages successfully.

Please kindly follow up the return instruction we sent to you before to return the order at your earlier convenience. Then you can send us the Return Receipt. We will refund you return postage as soon as we receive the return receipt.

I had conducted new Ticket ID =19598546 in our ticket center and will help you resolve the problem in a timely manner. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Items were purchased in December 2018 and returned as not suitable. Photos were supplied and accepted for refund. Items were returned on 8 February 2019 with a photo copy of the NZ Post receipt attached. I have contacted LightInTheBox who keep saying they have not received the items. It is over three months now and no refund received. The fact that I have sent a copy of the receipt should be sufficient and a refund should have been issued then. I would never purchase goods from this company again.???

Hello Marilyn,

Thank you for your message.

We feel sorry that we haven't received your parcel yet.

As for your shipping receipt, please note it does not provide 1) a tracking 2) the full address your parcel was shipped to.

Normally, we need both information. In some exceptional cases, we can accept either one.

But in this case, we feel sorry the receipt does not provide any significant information: it just shows the shipping cost of a parcel.

Please kindly provide us with additional information. We need to confirm the delivery by tracking, or we can arrange a refund if you provide us with a receipt clearly showing the address the parcel was sent to corresponds to our warehouse.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

I would like to help and I have raised this ticket for you, please will you follow up? https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_after_detail&id=19583407

Thank you very much.

Original review: May 21, 2019

This company ripped me off! I ordered 2 shirts and it took over 45 days to get it to my house. It comes from China and good luck making returns and getting any money back. Wanted to return my items and I sent them several emails from my PayPal account and each one was bounced back to me reading the mailbox was full. So I followed the directions from Paypal and returned the shirts that were 2 sizes too big. Not only did I have to pay the customs bill in the tune on $27.00 to return the 2 shirts because I opened the package and it has to go through customs again. It's been 2 months and I never received my refund, at all.

This site is a rip off and you can not communicate with LightintheBox. Just for fun try sending them an email at: collectionlitb@lightinthebox.com. You will get a message that reads: "Recipient (collectionlitb@lightinthebox.com insufficient) mailbox space, you can not receive mail. Please inform your recipient to clean up the mailbox space, or remove messages in large attachments. You can also report this bounce to the administrator." So good luck with your purchase. I wish someone would have warned me. I am now out over $62.00.

Hello Connie,

I feel sorry for the trouble. Please note you can contact us at any time by raising a ticket from your account.

After checking, we could not find any return ticket. So we looked on our PayPal account: unfortunately, there is no information about this return.

Please provide us a will tracking of your parcel and inform us on the full address you returned your parcel to.

Once we confirm the products were sent to one of our warehouses, we'll proceed with a refund of the items.

Thank you very much for your kind support.

If I can do anything else for you, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will do my best to assist you.

I would like to help and I have raised this ticket for you, please will you follow up? https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_after_detail&id=19583401

LightInTheBox.com Company Information