2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites
Accredited Partner

Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.54/5

LightInTheBox is a global online retailer based in Hong Kong. The company’s items include discount apparel, gadgets and home goods. Its website is available in multiple languages, including English, French and Spanish.

BOTTOM LINE

LightInTheBox.com is ideal for consumers looking for a one-stop shop for discounted clothing, home goods, beauty products and technology items.

PROS

• Frequent discounts
  • Rewards program
  • Large variety

CONS

• Limited returns
  • High shipping costs

Top LightInTheBox.com Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

Highly recommended store with a fast and excellent service. I purchased an article and when I had a problem with local customs, LightInTheBox promptly solved my problem without hesitation. I can only recommend this store to all my friends.

LightlnTheBox clothing shop online is the absolute best, very quick shipping, exactly as picture and described items, the best price. And they even offer coupons. I am repeat customer and I would like to stay their customer.

LightInTheBox.com Get Started

What is LightInTheBox.com?

LightInTheBox.com is an online retailer that offers discounted products in three core categories: small accessories and gadgets, apparel and home and garden. The company adds more than 1,000 new products to its site daily.

You can find a large variety of product on LightInTheBox.com, including:

• Women’s, men’s and children’s clothing
  • Swimsuits and recreational wear
  • Shoes, jewelry and watches
  • Makeup, hair extensions and nail polish
  • Costumes, board games, puzzles and dolls
  • Home decor, wall art and textiles
  • Gardening tools and patio accessories
  • Security devices
  • Auto parts
  • Laptops, cell phones, tablet cases and wireless chargers

You can shop the store by product type or from categories like "Deal Zone" and "Flash Sale".

The company offers a rewards program that gives rewards equal to 1% of the net purchase amount on any qualifying order or during any qualifying promotional purchase.

Orders arrive within three to 20 business days, depending on the shipping time you select.

LightInTheBox.com prices

Pricing for LightInTheBox.com varies by item. Because the company offers a large variety of products, the pricing varies — cycling gloves may cost $7.20, while a wedding dress can be priced at $314.99.

LightInTheBox.com frequently hosts flash sales on its site, and users can always shop the “Under $9.99” category — the company updates this section with new products weekly. LightInTheBox.com offers a 10% discount if you make your purchase through its app.

LightInTheBox.com FAQ

Is LightInTheBox.com legit?
LightInTheBox.com is a legitimate company, but some reviewers state they had difficulty receiving the products ordered or getting a full refund for missing products.
Where does LightInTheBox ship from?
Products from LightInTheBox.com ship globally from China. The cost of shipping depends on the package’s destination.
How long is LightInTheBox delivery?
Because LightInTheBox.com ships globally, delivery times vary considerably. The average delivery time is between three and 20 business days.
How much is LightinTheBox shipping?
Once you have added items to your cart, you can receive estimated shipping costs by clicking on the shopping cart logo. Actual shipping costs vary based on the shipping method and location of the shopper.

Do we recommend LightInABox.com?

For shoppers who want to browse and purchase a variety of products on one website, LightInTheBox.com is a great choice. Though it has long shipping windows and a strict return policy, customers seem satisfied with the company’s diverse offerings and affordable prices. LightInTheBox.com could be worth it if you want to shop for everything from children’s pajamas to cell phone chargers to fishing lures at discounted prices.

LightInTheBox.com Reviews

Original review: July 6, 2020

I supposedly ordered an Asakuki diffuser (as falsely advertised on their website). They sent me a cheap knock out! I tried to contact them several times but (a) they make it almost impossible to contact customer service. (b) They refused a return request despite their website stating otherwise. (c) They are asking me now to send the item back myself without any clear assurance that they would refund or cover the postage fees (which is almost the price of the item itself). This has been truly the WORST online shopping experience ever and I recommend everyone to stay away from these professional scammers.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2020

Had I read the reviews on this website first, I would have seen it has a 1-Star rating and would not have wasted my time or money. The website shows the item I ordered along with a size chart to select from. I chose my size and put it in the cart, which was all on one screen, then proceeded to checkout. Had I scrolled down further, in small print it says this is a made to order item. But there is no way to alter the sizing. The sizes are standard! The size chart tells you what measurements you will get with the size you select. However, calling it "made to order" means you cannot return it. It's a scam to sell products that can't be returned.

I reached out to customer service three times in an effort to explain not only the poor quality of the product but also that the jacket falls off at the shoulders. It doesn't have the proper dimensions to fit like a jacket, and it was the smallest size they make. I can turn this around to be my fault for not reading the fine print. I am just extremely disappointed at being taken. Sounds like so are many many others. Writing this review is all I can do to try to hold companies to a higher standard, and at the very least, warn others away.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I purchased Item ILPALADINO Men's Sleeveless Cycling Jersey Black / Blue Bike Vest / Gilet Jersey Tank Top order #** on the 24th of April. It is now the 5th of July. On the 2nd of June I received an e-mail stating; "We are excited to inform you that your order item(s) has/have been shipped from our warehouse. If your order contains more than one item, you may receive separate packages when they are delivered". But when I e-mail them back questioning the 9 week delay I did not hear back from them. I find this sort of behavior very unprofessional and it does leave a lot to be desired as to whether or not they are in fact a respectable company. As consumers I do believe that if purchases were not made they would cease to exist.

Kind regards

Not Happy

Original review: July 2, 2020

IN APRIL I ORDERED & PAID FOR 4 boxes of disposable rubber gloves for my 81-yr. old mom for her protection against CORONAVIRUS. Order status = "Processed" for an entire month. SUPPOSEDLY SHIPPED a month later. I NEVER RECEIVED ANYTHING. I checked this – a tracking service they gave me that I never even heard of - "17Tracking" - which was USELESS. Between "17Tracking", the Post Office & USPS, I was told different a status & then told "your package has to be picked up from the Post Office" - WHEN I GOT TO THE POST OFFICE THEY TOLD ME "THERE IS NO PACKAGE". 2 MONTHS LATER TRACKING STATUS = "PACKAGE RETURNED TO SENDER"!!!

No phone number OR address listed for LightInTheBox. All I received from LightInTheBox is THE SAME formal e-mail msgs & that there is NO REFUND. I lost my money, never received what I paid for. I believe LightInTheBox IS A SCAM. Will file formal complaint & NEVER EVER BUY from them again!!!! Stay far away from this "company"!!!!

Original review: July 1, 2020

Lightinthebox customer services are excellent. I contact their customer service on providing me with more details about their discounts on products and in no time a person in that department replied to help me, which I ended up buying more products. Thank you.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Am pleased with the pricing system offered by Lightinthebox. This enabled me to purchase more goods from them. I will like them to keep it up so that I can continue to patronize. The quality of those products was satisfactory. It was well parked. I was pleased to receive the products in good condition. For the fact that the products are pleasants in my eye, I'm certain that they move in the market. The product design made those goods pleasants to see. The design depicts the assurance that the products are of best quality. I will like to see more of these design any time I place order.

The shipping service put more confidence in me. I don't need to worry about it anymore because the date given me that I will receive my goods was exact date I did. Also, it was so convenient for me to receive them but the shipping fee was too high in my own perspective. Lightinthebox should please reduce the shipping fee so that it will encourage some us to patronize every time. My experience with the Lightinthebox customer service was so satisfactory due to that fact that they respond to queries on time. I love the candid advice given to me by their customer service center unit. My experience with other companies I have done business with, made conclude that Lightinthebox service center gives accurate and prompt answer to all my questions.

Original review: July 1, 2020

You will get products on LightInTheBox best quality with the lowest price on this website, their design is very beautiful and unique, I got my order at the same time they told me and if there is any problem their customer service they will help you a lot to check the time that product will come on it or if there any problem you faced.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

I started shopping with LITB in 2010. My first purchase was kind of a bust, due to some of the clothing sizes. The quality of the items were there but I could not fit most of them. Some I kept and others I gave to family members. I learned their sizing and continued to shop with them. I received many compliments on the clothes I purchased back in the day. The customer service was always outstanding as well as the pieces I purchase. Though at the time they use to carry an brand called TS, the clothing was of great quality and well made. I still have some of their pieces. I would agree over time as the company grew, and new vendors joined their establishment, these vendors do not care about the quality of their product, whereby making LITB look like a terrible company. It's very unfortunate they have taken on so many unskilled companies.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

This is a great wristband fitness tracker at a fraction of the price of a Fitbit. Time, Steps, Mileage, Calories used, Heart rate, Blood pressure measured. Download the YOHO APP and it links in with your smartphone via bluetooth. It will then keep a record of sleep, deep sleep, hear and blood pressure results. Excellent product. Only needs to be charged once a week. Took a couple of weeks to arrive. Currently £5.91 on the website. WHAT VALUE!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

The t-shirt came very quickly, very well packed and the quality of the product, the size and the design was amazing. Totally satisfied. Will probably come back as soon as possible to get more products. Met the website at a Facebook ad, and I got impressed with the variety and style of the products. Very good! Just keep doing the good job.

LightInTheBox.com Company Information