Get Started

2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

3.6/5 (545 ratings)

About LightInTheBox.com

LightInTheBox is a global online retailer based in Hong Kong. The company’s items include discount apparel, gadgets and home goods. Its website is available in multiple languages, including English, French and Spanish.

Pros

• Frequent discounts
  • Rewards program
  • Large variety

Cons

• Limited returns
  • High shipping costs

Bottom Line

LightInTheBox.com is ideal for consumers looking for a one-stop shop for discounted clothing, home goods, beauty products and technology items.

Top LightInTheBox.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Highly recommended store with a fast and excellent service. I purchased an article and when I had a problem with local customs, LightInTheBox promptly solved my problem without he...

Verified

LightlnTheBox clothing shop online is the absolute best, very quick shipping, exactly as picture and described items, the best price. And they even offer coupons. I am repeat cust...

What is LightInTheBox.com?

LightInTheBox.com is an online retailer that offers discounted products in three core categories: small accessories and gadgets, apparel and home and garden. The company adds more than 1,000 new products to its site daily.

You can find a large variety of product on LightInTheBox.com, including:

• Women’s, men’s and children’s clothing
  • Swimsuits and recreational wear
  • Shoes, jewelry and watches
  • Makeup, hair extensions and nail polish
  • Costumes, board games, puzzles and dolls
  • Home decor, wall art and textiles
  • Gardening tools and patio accessories
  • Security devices
  • Auto parts
  • Laptops, cell phones, tablet cases and wireless chargers

You can shop the store by product type or from categories like "Deal Zone" and "Flash Sale".

The company offers a rewards program that gives rewards equal to 1% of the net purchase amount on any qualifying order or during any qualifying promotional purchase.

Orders arrive within three to 20 business days, depending on the shipping time you select.

LightInTheBox.com prices

Pricing for LightInTheBox.com varies by item. Because the company offers a large variety of products, the pricing varies — cycling gloves may cost $7.20, while a wedding dress can be priced at $314.99.

LightInTheBox.com frequently hosts flash sales on its site, and users can always shop the “Under $9.99” category — the company updates this section with new products weekly. LightInTheBox.com offers a 10% discount if you make your purchase through its app.

LightInTheBox.com FAQ

Is LightInTheBox.com legit?
LightInTheBox.com is a legitimate company, but some reviewers state they had difficulty receiving the products ordered or getting a full refund for missing products.
Where does LightInTheBox ship from?
Products from LightInTheBox.com ship globally from China. The cost of shipping depends on the package’s destination.
How long is LightInTheBox delivery?
Because LightInTheBox.com ships globally, delivery times vary considerably. The average delivery time is between three and 20 business days.
How much is LightinTheBox shipping?
Once you have added items to your cart, you can receive estimated shipping costs by clicking on the shopping cart logo. Actual shipping costs vary based on the shipping method and location of the shopper.

Do we recommend LightInABox.com?

For shoppers who want to browse and purchase a variety of products on one website, LightInTheBox.com is a great choice. Though it has long shipping windows and a strict return policy, customers seem satisfied with the company’s diverse offerings and affordable prices. LightInTheBox.com could be worth it if you want to shop for everything from children’s pajamas to cell phone chargers to fishing lures at discounted prices.

LightInTheBox.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I'm always very pleased with the products I order from you. And most of the time I'll receive my orders within 10-12 days after placing them. But sometimes the processing takes twice as long as the shipping and I'm just wondering why that is. Your customer service is wonderful! A couple of times I have accidentally ordered the wrong size (I now know to order by bust size instead of the dress size) and state that in my review of the product. Even though I haven't submitted a ticket, your customer service will always contact me to try to rectify the issues or give me partial credit and I think that's wonderful and unexpected. Above and beyond my expectations. Thank you very much for the wonderful service. It shows that your company cares about their customers more than making a buck. That's a very endearing quality and I like to spread information like that to everyone I know. I have recommended you to everyone I know.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I saw some kind of sweater when I was doing something on the computer and it was an interesting style. Then, I found that it was from LightInTheBox and since then, I ordered a lot of stuff for many years. What I like about LightInTheBox is that there are a lot of very interesting styles. I am a Russian from Europe. When I grew up, it was custom for us to get dressed very well. I have this item from LightInTheBox for 10 years and every time I'd to a store or something, people would tell me that I looked good and ask me where I got it because it was unusual in style.

Lately, I've noticed that it has changed a little bit. I ordered some things a couple of times and it was horrible. In the picture, it was a thick coat in brown color. It looked so good and I paid about $70. But when I got it, it looked like a bathrobe and it was really disappointing. I couldn't even give it away. I just put it in the trash. If I got these things and I didn't like them, I never sent them back because it'd headache. You need to send them to China and you never know to whom to talk. So I just give to somebody or to poor people. But some of the shoes’ styles there, like the platform I've bought, are now very fashionable. It’s a huge platform and wherever I go, everybody asks where I've bought it. You can’t find it in any store in California, especially leather.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

I purchased three wall-mounted towel holders for my bathroom, all high polished stainless steel. While I had purchased some smaller items previously from this site, I had never purchased something of this value nor of this category prior to this purchase. = My experience with this site was more than favorable.... In fact it was excellent. I placed my order on a Sunday night and literally had the items in hand by Thursday of the following week.... all the way from China without paying any expedite fees!

Upon opening the parcel, I expected to see a medium level quality item that would meet most of my requirements. What I found was that these bathroom towel holders far exceeded the level of quality I was expecting and were far more beautiful than the websites pictures had shown. The high polished finish (similar to Chrome) is flawless on all visible surfaces and the dimensions of the product match exactly what I ordered.

This website offers ease of ordering, fast delivery on most items Ive ordered, extremely cost competitive, and all have been exceptionally high quality. For items that I dont need in hand immediately, I'll continue to buy from this site as the variety and selections are widely different than what we see here in the USA. I have not experienced any issues with using my credit card for these orders

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

When I stumbled across this site, I was a little skeptical about the low prices on many of the items. I decided to buy the wife a couple things just to see if they're selling cheap garbage or not. Much to my surprise, it's not just cheap junk. The lingerie I got her not only looks great on her but, according to her, is pretty comfortable compared to some much more expensive things I've gotten for her in the past. Many times, items like the maid outfit I got her are cheap and made of itchy materials that make her enjoyment of them fleeting at best. Not the case here though, so far she has been pleasantly surprised by how well they fit and feel. Sizing can vary widely across different clothing types and styles so check the sizing on every item. However, for the most part, I have been pretty impressed with the quality of the items we have purchased so far.

One thing I am very happy with is the pair of stiletto heels, which I refer to as her hooker shoes, look amazing on her. Shipping can take a pretty long time so don't expect Amazon level efficiency and delivery times, but for the price, waiting a couple weeks isn't so bad. So far, we have been very happy with all of the items we've purchased here. I did order a sweatshirt and a tee-shirt for myself, and learned the hard way about double checking sizes. The tee-shirt was bigger than I expected, the sweatshirt, which I thought was the same size was way way too small. I ended up gifting it to my friends 10 year old.

Aside from that, I have very few complaints. If you're in the market for some nightwear for your significant other ranging from cute and comfy to full on skanky, this is a pretty good place to start. The pricing, considering the quality, is tough to beat especially if you compare to similar items from Fredericks or most other mainstream retailers. I highly recommend that you at least look and compare before buying elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I have never been as happy with an internet company as I am with Lightinthebox.com. They have everything that you could ever want. It's almost unbelievable. Their products are the best of the best especially for someone like me who loves to buy those things that you don't see everywhere, but who has a tight budget. Then their prices are more than compatible with others, they just downright beat other companies out. After buying my son a pair of shoes there, now my nephew, who is a fashion plate, said purchase whatever I think he may like and he will reimburse me-sight unseen.

I am so happy that I have found a store, where I can afford to give people those beautiful gifts that I love to give so much. I can't finish this without addressing their delivery times - THEY'RE GREAT!!! I am used to waiting months for most of these Chinese internet stores (it just goes with the bargain prices), but lightinthebox is of a different caliber. Their deliveries take about a week. It's wonderful. Please try them, and you will be impressed too.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I’ve gotten terrific bargains at LightInTheBox and will continue to buy. However your App is very frustrating to use. 'Filters' are non existent and 'sort’ is useless - so it takes a very long time to find what you need.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

4 stars. I contacted a customer service representative twice to clarify my order and even sent a photo with the exact item. I ordered 5 things and one was incorrect. But I'm happy with the item. They need a much better system to identify and search for items. 2 or 3 keywords and an item #. Like LS (long sleeve) blue flame. Or SS (short sleeve) lion cross. I waited a long time - 5 weeks. But I'll definitely order other things from them again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Light In The Box has been very fast and the quality has been excellent - I have used them several times now and plan on using them again. I have recommended them to friends and will continue to recommend them.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Two different times when I got an order with swimsuits the zipper broke when they tried the suits on. I put in a complaint with you and nobody bothered to even reply. I was very unhappy and sent out this information and heard nothing. Both suits had the same issue. Poor quality

LightInTheBox.com response

Dear Kathy Blondeu,

We apologize for the problems. We do really want to help you. Could you please firstly advise us your Order Numbers?

Please also advise us which two items you referred to. You may tell us their names. We will further investigate your case and help you resolve the problem in a timely manner.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in advance.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I am a long time customer of LightInTheBox, I purchase many great LED lighting systems here for my classic cars. The cars are located in the USA and are of Italian, British, and Germany manufacture. This LEDs have greatly improved my safety while driving with the magnitude of brightness they provide (as opposed to my original OEM headlights), these cars are as old as 1980 and still running fine. Thanks for being there. Joe

LightInTheBox.com Company Information