1.10/5
Based on 142 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

641 LightInTheBox.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

Really disappointed with the shoes I ordered. Not only the product showed bad craftsmanship, I was charged an extra $100 for duty and tax fees. When I contacted the Customer Service, I was told that charges may applied. I would have appreciated to know in advance. DON'T ORDER FROM THEM.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I originally ordered through eBay should of stayed with them!! I was transferred through to another site “lightinthebox” & I was gullible not to realize what was going to happen!! It has been 9 months since I had paid for the products in full & every time I email customer support of no products received it is a automotive response & stating that every complaint I’ve made has been resolved. I still want my products. Not sure how to go about this though???

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 17, 2018

SHAM! Ordered over $300 in goods - NEVER ARRIVED. WARNING!!! Don't waste your hard earned money!! They use inferior courier companies such as FASTWAY (Australia). If I knew how bad the customer reviews were I would not have ordered. Don't FLUSH your money down the drain. Shop elsewhere...

Original review: July 14, 2018

I ordered a mermaid tail for my daughter while staying in Denmark. Delivery was advertised 4-6 days. I did not receive any shipping details until 4 days after my order and then learned it came all the way from China and not from Denmark! I immediately contacted customer service and was confirmed a full refund upon return of my rejected parcel. But now of a sudden, they want to charge me double shipment and not a full refund, which I am not going to accept! Very poor customer service, a scam in my point of view, be aware before ordering from this company!

Original review: July 12, 2018

Misrepresentation advertising - Small model 'speed formula' race car was suppose to be radio controlled, and it was only an inertia one, roll back, it goes forward. Set of flashing lights, plug for transformer to place into the wall, was an European type plug not US one. I had to go and purchase an US one that cost twice what the lights cost???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

Original review: July 12, 2018

Bought a kitchen faucet, installed 34 months ago, since 18 months we have written to them and they supposed to send us parts. TIRED OF WAITING, I asked for a refund. They refuse and said NO MORE WARRANTY. This is an UNNAMED FAUCET, impossible to find parts. Do not buy anything from this company. Shoppers be warned. Spend over 100 $ for a poor quality faucet... never again, finish for me LightInTheBox.

Resolution response: July 4, 2018

The company contacted me and they promised a refund for my first order, however they still want me to wait two more weeks for the second order, I sincerely hope to receive the order in those two weeks and forget about this. I am glad that the company replied to me and I hope that this will end happily and forget about this.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Hello, I ordered two things with them, mobiles, and after 60 days waiting to be delivered because they asked me to wait that long because I live in the French Guiana, I have not received my orders yet, and I asked for a refund, my money back and customer service does not even answer my questions, they are completely ignoring me, I do not what to do. I would like someone to help me. I ordered 3 phones, not very expensive ones, but I have spent 300€.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Horrible after sales, with just ready answers and nothing to deal with the problem caused by the least. I bought a cell phone that on the website reported 1-2 days for shipping after payment confirmation. I paid with a credit card in which the confirmation is at the same time in any online store of name like Banggood, Geekbuying, GearBest and Aliexpress, but with this store I did not have to open ticket and send payment voucher and even then it took 2 days to confirm the payment. Then it took 1 week (7 days) to send the cell being that they were to have sent in up to 2 days.

Ai immediately after the shipment I am 11 days following the tracking code for track 17 and it appears as a package not found in the system, that is, it seems that the product has not been shipped in the way chosen by the Swiss post. I was able to locate some information on the internet and it shows that the package did not even leave Switzerland, that is, 11 days waiting and nothing comes to Brazil. That is, I do not recommend for the total neglect of the Lightinthebox team and all the hype and or mess they made in my first and last purchase with them.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Do not do business with LightInTheBox. From what I have read and from my own experience this company is a scam. 6/11/18 I placed an order. 6/13/18 my money was taken from my account. As I continue tracking my package is supposedly in transit. After two weeks I inquire with customer service and I am told the order is almost to be delivered. A few days later I receive an email that it has been delivered but I have not received anything as of 7/1/18. When I inquire I again receive the msg that it has been delivered. No help at all from these thieves.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Don't waste your valuable time and money by ordering from LightInTheBox. My worst online shopping experience so far in my life. Ordered a phone and paid for it. They did not process my order even after 2 WEEKS. I asked for canceling my order. After 2 weeks of emailing them every day, they are still sending me template emails that we are facing some technical problems. I have lost my 350 euros, 1 month of time, and lots of time spending on asking for my order or money back. Don't waste your valuable time and money by ordering from LightInTheBox!

Original review: June 22, 2018

I chose to buy a wig from LightInTheBox in dire circumstances (chemotherapy). I paid for Expedited Express which according to their Shipping FAQ should be done via - . However, the vendor chose to ship my parcel via NLPost! I still waited patiently, but 2 weeks hence there is no trace of my order. I have banged my head against customer service and also escalated it to a supervisor. Only to receive a brilliant reply asking me to check the courier tracking website and a shipping amount refund, wait for it, a rewards voucher to again buy from their website!

Not my money back, so to speak. The package has left the origin country but not yet reached my country (I have checked with our postal dept as well). There is no update on the tracking website after 16th June. The customer service are just not prepared to reply further! Isnt it their responsibility, given the idiotic dispatch via normal post despite paying for premium?

Original review: June 19, 2018

I placed an order for a RC car. The expected shipping day came and went. About 5-6 days after I ordered I emailed customer service to find out what was going on. They told me it was out of stock indefinitely and they were refunding my money. I wish they would have told me that right after I ordered instead of waiting for me to contact them. Also I searched the site and they had the exact same RC car in stock at that very moment. It was just a little more money. Ridiculous.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Duties were not explain. I wasn't sure where in the world I am getting my parcel from. Rude customer service. Threatening me to accept duties or else they will charge me shipping twice. I Do Not Recommend Anyone Buying From LightInTheBox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Be careful! Scam!!! I ordered a skirt for dancing, it never arrived, so I claimed a refund. It took forever to get this done and they did not reimburse me the whole amount. Instead they subtracted the shipping fee twice and then reimbursed the rest. Very rude contact and not sufficiently closed the case. Never again!!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I placed an order (Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Cleaner) in the lightinthebox.com. When I checked out, the webpage said my credit card was declined. So I tried other cards and tried several times. I thought the transaction was not successful. However, I received a notice after from several banks that saying those tryings were all successful. So I ended up paying 5 times for just 1 item. I was so surprised that I didn't even receive any confirmation letter then the company had processed the payment for 5 times with falsely showing "declined". The contact information of this company is hidden and you can never find a proper channel to talk to anyone about your case. I have canceled the orders before any confirmation. There is no reason that they don't refund me! Is there any way to remind people not buying stuffs from this company? They are really good at lies!

Original review: June 12, 2018

I would strongly advise you to avoid this company like the plague. The item took 1 month to arrive although they advised it would take from 6 to 11 working days to get there. The customs taxes were £12 for a £31 order (not their fault on that one but would be good to be warn beforehand), anyhow it makes those items less appealing once you have to add that cost. When I contacted customer service to cancel/return the order, I was told I would be charged double shipping fee. If you pay the custom duty, accept the package and return it, you will have to pay for postage. The refund will be USD 22, which is half of what I paid. So I basically lost £16 for an order that I've not even seen. It will take 4 to 8 weeks to get refunded. I've asked for the complaint procedures but can not get an answer from customer service for this either. I think I've said enough!

Original review: June 7, 2018

As seen in the order, I ordered a black dance shoe. The shipment took a while to come through, it's from China, and they sent the wrong color. I contacted customer service, they asked for the picture, now they said the shoe color match with the barcode, it's the correct item. What kind of logic is that. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! They sent the wrong item and refused to take it back. I wonder even if I pay out of pocket to send it back, they still may not refund the money. They are bunch of crooks. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I ordered for watch repairing spects on 22nd APRIL 2018 and was intimated will take maximum 40 days from the date of order. As per the company's info those were dispatched on 23rd APRIL. Now they are telling it will take 60 days. I am yet to get both the materials. Even if it comes I cannot receive it since will be away from my residence from 8th of JUNE till 2nd of AUGUST. I presume the company "LightInTheBox" is fraud one and collect money from different country's purchasers. I am sure my hard earned money has gone into waste approaching the said company for such purchase.

Original review: June 5, 2018

The dress I ordered was not even close to what I received. Do NOT do business with Light in the Box aka BestSellDress. Same company. They sent me this atrocious looking dress that was of poor construction and in bright red lace with burgundy accents! It clashes and not even close to the color that I ordered. It looked completely different from the picture. Good luck trying to find out how to do a return! When you click on refunds and returns, it says the page is no longer available. No packing slip came with the dress and the return address was so confusing, there was no way to determine if it was even a real address. Shady. Shady. Shady. Wish I would’ve read the reviews first. I only gave a 1 Star because zero was not an option!!!

Original review: May 27, 2018

I viewed two shirt styles at LightInTheBox.com in February 2018. I place an order for 3 shirts. I received 3 shirts 30 days later in March 2018. The shirts were extremely too small. One day after receiving the order, I requested and received permission to return the shirts for a larger size. I returned the shirts to an address in the United States. LightInTheBox notified me via email that my return order had been received. Shortly afterwards, I was notified that my new order had been shipped from LightInTheBox.

I received the order in April 2018, but the packaged contained only one shirt. I awaited an email or package deliver of the other two shirts. I did not receive an email or package. On May 4, 2018 I contacted LightInTheBox via way of "my ticket" via its website. This is the only way to contact customer service. One has to choose between return or exchange on my ticket, which can be confusing if one has not received an order. On May 5, LightInTheBox responded to my request. I received excuses like, "you waited too late in notifying us that you had a problem with the order, it's not our fault you did not receive the package" etc.

After many messages to customer service, I was told that I had an open ticket. An open ticket should mean that the order had not been filled; therefore it was not shipped to me and I could not have received said package. And I attempted to explain that I did not wish to make a return or an exchange due to I had not received the order. On May 14, 2018 I contacted management via their web system and was told the incident would be investigated. It's May 27, 2018 and I have received no information on my order. Finally, I have given up on receiving my order or a refund.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I ordered the product 4 weeks and 3 days ahead of needing it and selected expedited postal (extra $) on purpose. The tracking showed it stalled. No help from LightInTheBox. It came 2 days late for my daughter's special occasion. I have messaged them numerous times over 20 days. They reply, but it's as if they never read my responses. Terrible service. The sandals were pricey, but nice. Not worth it. I will never order from them again. I wish I had come to this website first and seen the terrible reviews.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I recently ordered a standard-sized figure skating dress for my granddaughter. I ordered a "Large." Was too big. Followed their rules & submitted "ticket" requesting return & full refund. Dress never worn, & tags still on. Was shocked when company response was "No." Company "claiming" this dress was "custom ordered," and "Made to Order Logo" is supposedly on product page. How can a dress be "custom ordered" when measurements were never provided?

I sent Light in Box "screenshot" of product page which clearly shows standard ordering sizes of XS-XL, and NO "made to order" logo on the page! Since I sent product page photo & again requested full refund, I've heard NOTHING from this company. I believe this is a "standard practice" scam this company pulls to get them out of having to give refunds... They just falsely claim the item you purchased is "custom" and therefore, can't be returned. Avoid this business and don't get scammed like I did. Good luck.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I ordered this dress on May 8th for an event June 4th. I gave them my measurements and it said 7 to 9 days to process and I paid $20 for expedited 3 - 5 shipping. There was a wrong measurement that was fixed by May 12th. They gave no updates and the order still said pending as of May 16 so I sent a message complaint to customer service. We have gone back and forth. I got a supervisor involved that said it would ship no later than May 26th. Now they sent an email that said it will ship around the 29th. So now I need to go find another dress for my event because it will not arrive in time. Their solution was a $10 off my next order coupon. I don't think so. I won't order from them again!

Original review: May 22, 2018

I ordered a 3d printer. Was supposed to be fast shipping 4 to 9 days but it took 7 day to even ship and after that I discovered that they didn't ship it but created a shipping order to make a tracking no. Then after 20 days they canceled the shipment and said that I didn't receive it so it was returned and now they will deduct the shipping cost both ways from me. I contacted the shipping company and they confirmed that they didn't receive the package from the seller.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I cannot recommend LightInTheBox. I recently placed an order for an item that was $8.00. I had ordered something five years ago and in the system they had an old address. I changed the address in the system before placing the order. When I received the order confirmation, they had not changed the address. I then cancelled the order, went back in to change my address again, confirmed that the first order was cancelled and placed the order again with the correct shipping address. LITB did not cancel my first order and subsequently sent both.

I understand that things can go wrong. I tried to contact the company to straighten out the problem; however, there was no phone number to call that I could see. The options for emailing were limited by a drop-down menu. None of the options in the drop-down menu were about my issue. Therefore, I had to select one as there was no other option to get through to the company.

The responses I received ignored the content of my message and instead responded to the issue that was listed in the drop-down menu. Presumably there are automated responses that are sent out depending on what is selected from that menu. Not good service. When I placed the order the second time I selected a different shipping option which was 15.00 less. The order from LightInTheBox for an item that was $8.02 was now going to cost me $30.02. I get it. If you want it faster, you need to pay the shipping cost. But once they realized I had ordered the item twice, instead of cancelling my first order with the higher shipping cost, they cancelled the second order with the lower shipping cost (total order cost $13 something as opposed to 30.02). Even though they were sending me emails about the situation, at no time was there an attempt made to clarify with me which order I intended to place.

They did send me the number to call DHL to provide my correct address. When I did, I was informed that I would have to pay an additional fee for duty and taxes of 23.02. My 8.02 item is now costing me $53.04 and a whole lot of time and grief. I understand that when ordering from overseas, there will be duty and taxes. However, it was not made evident where the order would be coming from at anytime, nor was there any information or warning that there might be additional duty or an estimate of what those extra charges might be.

Be warned when dealing with these knock down operations with the rock bottom prices. It may not be at all what you think. I can't recommend LightInTheBox because they are, at the very least, misleading, possibly intentionally so. Everyone wants to make a buck. I get that. But honesty and fairness go a long way towards repeat customers.

Original review: May 7, 2018

** order no which was booked on 16th Feb 2018. I have still not yet received the parcel... Also I have placed the complaint to LightInTheBox app but they are saying, "You will received it in few days." Now it's almost 90 days but I have not yet received the Shoes which I had ordered. I have requested for refund also but I am getting no response from the Company. Initially they had said I will receive in 10 to 20 days.

Original review: May 5, 2018

My daughter brought 4 prom dresses to try. On arrival they were not true to the sizes advertised. Poor quality. The company refuse a refund even though they advertise on their website you can return the products to a address in Germany if order from Europe. ALL LIES. The customer service is the WORSE ever. The products awful. The worse company ever dealt with. Seriously NEVER USE THEM SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I suggest you be very careful when deciding to deal with LightInTheBox. I ordered from them some dresses according to sizes worn in America. Of course, after a long, long time I received the dresses and they were all very small on me. True, they were cheap, but the materials they were made of were also very cheap. I tried to control my disappointment and politely emailed to them to send me a return slip because I didn't want to pay for their return. I send them many emails and every time I did, I got back a message "problem solved." I even had problems donating those dresses to thrift shops because the sizes were not fit for American people. This blog is only the beginning because I'm also trying to get in touch with the Commerce Department. We EXPECT RELIABILITY IN AMERICA.

Original review: April 23, 2018

For all time I made 20 orders, for all I paid for the insurance. I did not receive 6 orders committed in January. In March I tried to contact support, I was asked to wait a little longer. I contacted later, again asked to wait two weeks. As a result, I wrote them on April 13, almost 3 months after the orders I made, the same answer. The store does not return money, technical support is simply missing, as the problem does not resolve. The amount for 6 not received orders is almost 700 dollars.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I am located in Brazil right now. Last week I´ve bought 2 smartphones to send as a gift for a friend in USA. For my disappointment they sent the phones to my Brazilian address. I told them if they didn´t change the shipping address I would cancel my order. They said It was not able to change address to a different country. So, on Apr. 22nd I´ve decided to cancel the order. Even so, on Apr. 23th they ship it to Brazil and they said it was already shipped. If you can avoid LightInTheBox do it. They have the worst customer service in the world.

LightInTheBox.com Company Information