It's that easy Request Information
3.89/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals.

1005 LightInTheBox.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I have made online shopping several time with Chinese online sellers. LightInTheBox satisfied me in terms of shipping time and how they package the product. Other sellers' delivery estimate for register posting start 18 to 45 days but things are different with LightInTheBox with 10-18 days. I ordered a mobile phone from LightInTheBox and it took 13 days to reach me. However there were end-year holidays, better enough the item was as described. Following this commitment I recommend others to do shopping through this platform.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Very nice earbug for my phone. Works great. Good sound. Won't fall out of ear. I tried wouldn't come out even shaking head rapidly. Plus got a color that I wanted. Took a while to get it but that my fault. Used snail mail. Lol. Oh well live and learn.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

LightInTheBox has a great variety of products at extremely affordable prices from the eyes of a US consumer. I have bought shoes, scarves, coats, cycling gear and even a watch. The customer service is great; always answers fast with great English and is willing to work with you to solve any issues. Will definitely use them again.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I ordered a jacket size 3XL. It was much too small. Returning it was too expensive so I sold it to a friend. The woman at the post office told me she was well aware of problems with sizes from Chinese companies. However being an optimist, I then ordered another jacket size 5XL. It wasn't any larger than the first. Their website gave the bust measurement as 49.5 inches. The jacket measured 42 inches. The jackets themselves were very good quality. I have two friends that have lovely jackets but I won't be shopping here again.

Dear customer,

we sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences. but if there is anything wrong with the size, we would like to take full responsibility for that. Could you please kindly advise us with your order number so that we can help to check and offer compensation if the problem caused by our fault?

We treasure every client and will try our best to improve our service and products. Hope serve you better next time,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Someone made a fraudulent transaction on my debit card to purchase a $1.2k Singapore dollars on LightInTheBox.com website on 12/1/18 around 2am. How I know? I've called my bank and they gave me the information. I've been emailing and trying to get in touch with LightInTheBox.com as I want them to cancel or don't claim the money for the transaction as the transaction was approved but pending as confirmed with my bank. That means LightInTheBox have not claim the money yet as it is over the weekend. These are the 3 transaction references 1) **, 2) **, 3) **. The investigation officer from my bank will be investigating and file a dispute. Please let me know on how to get in touch with you. I've emailed and message via PM on Instagram but no response!!! Please respond and get back to me.

Dear customer,

We do really want to help you. Could you please firstly privately message us with the following information so we can ask our financial department to check your case?

1. Do you mean you were over-charged for 3 times and the total amount of 3 transactions is 1.2k? Please tell us the exact amount and currency you were charged.

2. Some screenshots to show all the unauthorized payments.

3. The full number of your debit card.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in advance. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I purchased merchandise from LIGHTINTHEBOX Nov. 24th 2018 and I haven't received the merchandise. I contacted customer service requesting a refund and they wrote back that I will receive a refund if I hadn't received the package by Jan 6th 2019. Now they don't want to give me a refund but instead they ask that I be patient and wait until 01/20/2019, they keep pushing the date for a refund. They also informed me that, they have contacted the postal service to speed up delivery which is just ridiculous. I have all correspondence from customer service in writing.

LightInTheBox.com response

We apologize for the problem. Could you please firstly advise us with Order Number so that we can check it for you? We promise to take full responsibility of our problem and find a proper solution to help you out.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in advance.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I absolutely love shopping on LightInTheBox, it is always an enjoyable experience! By receiving email notifications I get instant notice of all of the Special Event sales, deals and offers. Even if I’m not shopping for anything in particular or not at that moment I make a point of scrolling through the colourful email offers as a way to build my wish list. For Christmas and special occasions, it is an excellent source for finding something for everyone, because there is so much to choose from.

Shopping for everyday items is equally as tantalizing and I am always satisfied with all of my product searches, from accessibility to display to pricing. One of the added features I enjoy is the inclusion of my recently viewed selections, which I really appreciate! When I don’t have the time to stop and shop it’s great to be able to see the things I looked at before, so I don’t have to start my searching over. All of my orders have been exceptionally well priced, and all of my orders have been shipped promptly without issue. I highly recommend LightInTheBox to any of my fellow shoppers and encourage them to enjoy the same experiences as I do!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

This company is an absolute joke. If I had realised what I know now I wouldn’t have contemplated even going near their site. Firstly no phone number so you rely on emails. Anyway I purchased 5 LED bulbs and were dispatched 2/12/18 with a 8 to 14 business day delivery date on my receipt. After a month had passed I contacted them but was told 30 business days was the delivery date. Then after 30 business days I was told to contact my post office and the wait could be 90 days. Are we for real here. We are talking a light bulb. I have requested a refund but have been refused. This company is a joke. By the way order number is **.

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

I sincerely apologize for the shipping delay. I know it might have caused your so much inconvenience. We promise to take full responsibility of our problem.

We have asked our logistics department for help to track your package and are still waiting for their feedback. Please be noted normally we could only offer solutions for you once we get the checking result.

While in order to meet your satisfaction, I had conducted new Ticket ID =19234190 in our ticket center and provide a new Special solution for you. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Ordered slipcovers for 2 couches - proper size chosen based on their sizing options however both were sewn with armrest sections going diagonally through towards the middle of the couches and twisted. No possible way to put on the couches. LED light strip missing a plug - what am I supposed to do with that? Dance mat came with a warped CD so couldn't give this as a Christmas gift and am stuck with something else from them that is dysfunctional. Glow in the dark shoelaces that DON'T glow in the dark. To make things worse I paid $69 Cdn for expedited shipment (2-5 days) but received it more like 20 days later. Attempted to dispute this via electronic ticket. They said they'd return this fee, which I have yet to see the refund, however it took them 1 day to process my credit card payment! Then I find out I have to pay $45 in Custom fees!

Now the return process. Nowhere can you contact their customer service except through their electronic ticket service. And you have to submit photos of the items in order to submit otherwise your ticket will not be submitted. Must repeat this ticket process for each item separately. Have done 1 so far and it seems as though it froze after I pressed the submit button as it still says it's processing 45 min later! Not sure how the picture of the glow in the dark shoelaces will fare in the dark since they don't glow! This whole ordeal has been so frustrating thanks to their customer service (or lack thereof) and I feel like all LightInTheBox sends are damaged, useless, defective products. Definitely would recommend!

LightInTheBox.com response

This is Customer Service Supervisor from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences caused by this order. We'll take full responsibility of our problem and help you return the unqualified products back for a full refund at our expense.

We will also cover 100% Tax Fee for you since you paid Tax Insurance of your order. Please don't be worried.

As for your case, I had conducted new Ticket ID =19234113 in our ticket center and will help you fix the problems in a timely manner. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Fantastic service from start till end. Very good prices compared to Danish prices, and with low postage price and toll insurance nothing can go wrong. The charger to the frontlight was broken when I got it, but I just wrote LightInTheBox and they just sent a new one.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Awful, awful website. They are not UK based so you have no recourse. I ordered an item which they cancelled two weeks later. They advised me they had refunded my money, but what they don’t tell you that it is refunded to your LightInTheBox account. After a couple of weeks, I got in touch with them again and they said I had to request a withdrawal. They approved it and said they had refunded the money. It is now three weeks after they apparently refunded my money. They say the delay is due to transfers across intercontinental banking and that I should expect to have to wait a further six weeks! Didn’t take that long for them to take the money out of my account did it?? Effectively they have stolen my money. I don’t expect to receive a refund now, a month in and can only plea with people not to keep a bunch of sharks like this in business. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Very good LED Light Car Bulb. Best quality for low price. I received the item in good order and very well packaged. It lights very bright. Very durable. Highly recommended. I will buy more of them. Very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Updated on 01/07/2019: I purchased a dog sweater on November 21st. It shipped on November 25th. After waiting more than a month I contacted them and was told it would arrive no later than 1/1/19. Well here we are at 1/7/19 and nothing. I've been in a back and forth battle with them ever since. They do not take responsibility but they send many canned answers through tickets which they try to make it look like you're an idiot. They cashed my payment on November 23rd. They WILL NOT issue a refund. They actually asked me to wait another 3 months!! What??? I feel scammed. I would suggest not to shop here. I'm not giving up. I will take it to small claims court if I have to. Worst experience buying something overseas I've ever had. No telephone number whatsoever to reach them.

Original Review: This is just the beginning. I'm taking this viral. I have never experienced anything like this. I blame myself a little for not reading the reviews 1st. I placed my order on Nov. 21. Order status states is shipped on Nov. 25. By mid December I contacted them to find out where my package is. The order # is **. They assured me I would receive it by 1/1/19. Well here we are at 1/5/2019 and nothing. I opened a ticket and now they tell me... Get this... They want me to wait 3 more months!!! What??? I'm so done. We need a new word for it. This is unbelievable to me. I have ordered many items from overseas and never had anything remotely like this happen. They constantly ask you to be patient. I'm at my limit. I asked for a refund. They had no problem taking my money when I placed this order. DO NOT EVER, EVER, EVER order from this site.

Dear customer,

This is supervisor from Lightinthebox, I would like to help. Sorry but at Consumeraffairs order number and ticket number cannot be shown by public here for me the number shows as **. Could you please kindly send me again the order number via private message?

The shipping time depends on the shipping method you selected, if you select the postal service, the shipping time pf which is always longer than expedited. I will help to check the order statues once get your order numbers.

Please no worries, if there is any problem caused by our fault, Lightinthebox will take full responsibility for that.

Thank you for understanding and support.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

On November 10th, 2018 I ordered a Dress and it never arrived, I am in constant communication with their Customer Service and it is the worst experience of my life, I just want my Money back but nothing has been done. They keep asking me to wait, first was December 24th and now two more days. Their complaint process is the worse and they do not have a live person you can call and speak to. I will never order from them again and will advise all my family and friends on Social Media NEVER to buy from them.

Dear customer,

This is supervisor from Lightinthebox. we would like to help.

Could you please kindly offer me your order number so that we can help to check it for you?

Please no worries, if there is any problem caused by our fault, we will take full responsibility for that.

Lightinthebox,

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Very good and reliable store, has great products and excellent customer service. The variety of electronics like smartphones and smartwatches is also great. I bought a smartphone and the delivery was very fast.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I was aware of the store through a Telegram group, who recommended LightInTheBox. Initially, I was reluctant to buy, especially distrusting the insurance for taxes and fees, imagining that the store would put a lot of difficulties in reimbursing the values that could possibly have in the customs. To my grateful surprise the store promptly sent the product that well packaged and in perfect condition. They promptly refunded the extra amount I paid for taxes, giving me security and building confidence for new purchases already made at the store. I recommend and much to LightInTheBox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I had to send my 3d printer back for RMA. It took 2 weeks to finally get a return label. Then another 2 weeks to get a status of my return and they said they will no longer stock that item. My options were to buy something else or get a full refund. I requested a full refund and now they deleted all my customer support cases showing my return history. I'm not sure if this is a system glitch but seems very shady, especially seeing a lot of reviews of them charging and not shipping items. I'm hopeful PayPal will help but I would stay away from this company at all costs. I rather spend the extra money elsewhere.

Dear customer

This is supervisor from Lightinthebox. we sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences. But could you please kindly advise me with your order number so that I can help to check?

Lightinthebox really treasure our clients and always would like to help out. If there is any problem caused by our fault, we will take full responsibility.

Please no worries. I am looking forward to your reply.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Fast smartphone, ideal size, excellent camera, fast digital sensor, the delivery was fast and currently use the device without any problem, battery gives to use for a whole day. For those who like a clear picture screen, this smartphone is great.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Yet again problems. Yet again problems with this "online shop". I ordered two different orders, paid for with credit card and the payments both cleared (ordered 25 & 30 December and paid for) but still they have not sent my items yet. So that means that when you order something, it will not be sent for another week, even though you have paid. I contacted them and was told that both orders should be sent on the 8th. If not, I should contact them again. Let me give you all an advice... Stay away from this shop. Every order, I had to contact them for one reason or the other. They are NOT worth it. Do avoid.

Dear customer,

this is supervisor from Lightinthebox. we sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences. But please kindly note that only items in stock can be shipped out within 24 hours. If you selected Made to order items or presale items, the processing time is always longer than 24 hours. The info can be found on every product page.

we do suggest you to check the processing time before you add the item to cart. We are also trying to ship all orders as soon as possible.

Could you please kindly advise me with your order number so that I can help to check?

If there is any problem caused by our fault, we would like to take full responsibility for that.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I was happy with my purchase from LightInTheBox. The response was quick and I could follow the progress of the order on the website. Their customer service is great. They reply very fast and are available are friendly. The value for price is very good, the quality of the products is also good. The product I ordered was made to order so it took a few more days before it was shipped but it was worth the wait.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Standard speed shipping, good packaging. Soft and comfortable fabric. Hangs loosely but not too badly on me - I got an XXL and I'm a US 6. Fabric is a bit thin and it's not tailored like it looks in the picture, much more draped.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

If you want to return an item, forget it! The soul destroying, convoluted returns process is designed to make customers give up or risk a nervous breakdown. After a great deal of wasted time I eventually received a returns form (felt like I was finally getting somewhere), despatched Item following all instructions to the letter by registered post to a depot in Poland, where I know it arrived the first week of December. My purchase was a throw, which cost 88.18 euro plus a further 40 euro to return. Now I have no throw, no refund and no way to contact LightInTheBox, unless I take yet another ticket and go through the whole horrible returns process again. Bizarrely, this process does not allow you to continue without submitting photos of item too. How am I supposed to do that? When I log onto the website, it says my issue has been resolved. This is not true. My ticket number is **. Perhaps LightInTheBox would care to respond?

Dear customer,

we do sorry but could you please kindly let us know your order number or ticket number via private message?

Please no worries, we are always willing to help out. Please let me check what happened so that I can help.

Thank you very much for understanding.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I have bought a number of items through this company. They have massive and hugely varied selection of items. I have bought times such as wall art right through to car stereos and even a tiara. On very single occasion that I have contact with LightInTheBox they are amazing. Super friendly and helpful staff are available and I have found all intersections to be great. Even if I needed a refund due to my own error with one of my orders, there was no issue and my money was refunded quickly. The items themselves have been exactly as described and always arrive very quickly. I will continue to shop through LightInTheBox and would seriously and highly recommend them to others.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I ordered the HomTom S9 Plus smartphone for $139 + shipping $10. Tracking info was good during the waiting period as it comes from Hong Kong. This is the lowest price I could find anywhere. It works fine with my MINT Mobile service and with the 4G network, 4G RAM 64GB it should never have an issue with too many apps. I enjoy the larger screen size and so far have no issues, battery life is really good. Camera nothing to brag about but ok. I wish it had the newer C type charger port rather than the old micro USB. But it works fine with my existing chargers. I have not been able to find a good bump proof case other than the one included. Nice it has a screen protector preinstalled. Overall very pleased.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I have been ordering from this site only for almost two years now. The quality is one of a kind and I do not trust my hair needs to any other sites. I get great prices for extraordinary products and I will continue to order for my future needs.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I placed an order on Nov 7 for a feathered cape that I wanted wear for New Year’s Eve. My payment was processed almost immediately, but I never received my cape. All tracking info says it’s being processed in China (for a month now) and their customer service keeps telling me to check with my local post office, which I have several times. I lost $35 ordering from this company, hopefully I can warn others not to do the same!

Dear customer,

This is supervisor from Lightinthebox. we would like to help.

we do sorry that you have not received the order. But Please kindly note that the shipping time depends on the shipping method you selected. If you need the item urgently, we do suggest to chose Expedited, which only takes 2-7 days to delivery. If you chose postal service, it's safe but always takes longer.

Please no worries, if there is any problem with your order, we would like to help out.

Could you please kindly advise us your order number so that we can help to check?

we are looking forward to your reply.

Lightinthebox

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Any time I have purchased items from LightInTheBox, it has been a pleasure dealing with them. I am kept informed of the progress of the purchase. The quality of their goods is excellent. Their prices are great and affordable and I will continue to ship with them when requiring any items I need.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Ordered a drone for a Xmas gift at the end of November. It arrived 31st December but wasn't delivered due to a customs and handling fee being required. Nowhere on the site did it mention that the thing even came from abroad or that there would be anything more to pay. So it missed Christmas and is sitting at the Post Office until I take it up with the company as to what they are going to do about refunding me. A bad experience and no way of contacting them except by electronic 'ticket'. Wish I had gone to Amazon!

Dear customer,

This is supervisor from Lightinthebox, we would like to help. Firstly the taxes is noted in our knowledge base as below: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1229/a3021.html

And in the first year since the company established, we noted that EU taxes is heavy. So 3 years ago, we had this EU duty insurance service as it is shows below once you check out: https://www.lightinthebox.com/download/b09ca8dc-93d2-4d86-a499-765115f6f4fa

For customers who had this duty insurance, we will fully refund duty cost if it is occurred.

Could you please kindly offer me your order number so that I can help to check? If you had the tax insurance, I will apply fully tax refund directly.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Two watches arrived that were defective. On one the two hands were loose on the dial, and the other one got stuck at 10:45. Photographs of a particular kind were required of me, and when I was finally able to provide them I was told the 30-day return period had expired. Defective products and horrible customer service should serve as a warning!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I ordered something as a Christmas present and despite the site indicating it would be with me in a couple of days, it took 10 business days, missing Christmas. Please be realistic with shipping timelines before the order is paid for, rather than after paying, informing nearly a week later of the new timelines. I also keep getting spammed with promotional emails from them and no matter how many times I unsubscribe or update my email preferences, I continue being spammed. I never signed up for these mails and have tried to find a customer email to request removing me from the mailing list and it’s impossible to find.

The promotional emails are “no reply” and on the “contact us” page has is a blurb about contacting them but has no contact details!! It’s incredibly frustrating as a consumer experience when retailers try complicate the customer support process. It also feels very unprofessional and suspicious in my opinion and is the quickest way to lose my custom.

Dear customer,

we sincerely apologize if the order was delay for Christmas. Hope it still will be a good gift choice for New Year.

Please kindly note that items in stock can be shipped out within 24 hours, the processing time of made to order items and presale items is always longer. The info can be found on product page before you add the item to your cart.

And the shipping time also depends on the shipping method you selected, if you need the order urgently, we do suggest you pick expedited, which only takes 3-7 days to delivery.

Usually customer may contact us via ticket, which you need to submit through your order. Could you please kindly advise us your order number and email address, we will help to unsubscribe if you don't want to receive our emails again.

we are looking forward to your reply.

Happy New Year!