LightInTheBox.com

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It looks like a great site to shop at but I should have known better. They did a good job of trying to look like they were North American but I as a frequent shopper should have known better than to shop with them. Once you see a site with the timer sale countdown in the top corner. They are Asian most ties and play so many games. Getting your merchandise is almost near impossible. They had an item I wanted so I took a chance and made a tiny purchase. Big Mistake.

I knew once I got this link. http://www.17track.net/en/track that it was a bad sign. That is a link to Asian tracking. You watch your order flop around from Asian city to Asian city and then it stops! They do not do anything past that. Then they tell you to go look for your order. That's the thanks you get shopping with sites that use that Asian tracking garbage. It's a scam to give you hope and make you think your items are coming. They are Not! You have to fight them to get it and if you have a job that is very time consuming.

I repeat Do Not shop at LightInTheBox! They use American models but they are an Asian site. The fact that they don't want that to be known shows the deception right there. They give the usual warehouse excuses and postal excuses. This is why no one wants to shop Asian and they know that so they try to hide that your items are coming from Asia until you buy. Then it's too late.

I ordered a dress and despite I knew it was coming from China I was surprised with the quality of the fabric and pattern. I asked for express shipping and it was here in less that 10 days! Great experience, if I need more nice looking clothes for sure I will buy again and save more than half of the price.

I LOVE my new Kigurumi pajama/costume. It's comfortable and cozy. Totally cute, too. On most sites, something like this is really expensive. But this price was great and the quality is good.

Here's a little piece of advice: Never, ever, Ever, EVer, EVEr, EVER order from LightInTheBox! Fast Shipping? Sure it is shipped out the next day (ordered on 1/17/17), but it's still not here! The tracking number on the order status page is invalid and Customer Service is no help. I have asked for a valid tracking number twice, but all I get is something that looks like an auto response that begins with "Thank you for your order" and ends with "Thank you for understanding" and it's from someone who definitely doesn't speak English. Quit giving me the runaround and answer my question - where is my order? Do they really think I would order from them again so I can use the shipping reward they are offering? Just because you find a good price on something doesn't necessarily mean it's a good buy!

Ordered a cow onesie for my Granddaughter who was turning 13... I paid extra for the shipping to have it in 3 to 5 days that was 12/14 to have it in time for her slumber party... When it didn't arrive they told me they had until late 1/25 to technically get it to me. I still have not received this item and they refuse to give me a refund. I will never order from them again and will urge anyone I know not to either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

I ordered a picture from Light in the Box, was charged over $100 (which included insurance) and never received my package. I tracked the package, which said it was being returned to the sender because of an issue with the shipping address. The address was correct! I contacted Light in the Box more than 6 times (via email) AND contacted the post office. NO ONE could tell me what the issue was or why I didn't receive my merchandise. I asked for a replacement package, and heard absolutely NOTHING. In fact, I told them to cancel my order, and still heard nothing, but my credit card was charged for this purchase. I would NEVER buy from them again.

I order 6 wigs on January 20 & selected EXPRESSED EXPEDITED 3-4 days for my delivery. Yes my order is late. February 20, 2017 is the delivery date I am given & this is UNACCEPTABLE. THIS WILL BE A MONTH LATER. This isn't what I was told @ the purchasing point so I wasn't expecting this new date. They have my money @ I have not one wig. Now I can't pay for my order in portions & give it to them later. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! This is unacceptable. I have & will continue with my investigation claim with my bank concerning this matter. There's an open dispute with my bank & they will have to answer to this. I know how it is to want a great wig @ a great price but this isn't the company because you WILL BE DISAPPOINTED as I am.

I don't think they care about repeat business once they get your money the first time around. IF IT SOUNDS & LOOKS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN IT PROBABLY IS!!! BUYERS BEWARE!!! DO NOT order from LightInTheBox.com. You will be waiting & wondering WHEN you will get what you paid for. There is NO contact number to speak with anyone ever. ONLY EMAILS. I pray this can help someone because I should have read the complaints before I order from this company but I DID NOT KNOW. You have been warned!!! Thanks for listening.

Express Expedited Shipping - I get that my wig came from all the way from China but when I ordered it they said that they guarantee it will be shipped to my home within 2-3 days. My order got processed and shipped the same day I ordered which was on 1/24/2017. It did not get here yet. I'm not trying to rush it but the amount of days they gave me is incorrect at this time. I paid an extra $13 for shipping. I hope it gets here by tomorrow.

I ordered a PS4 remote for my son for Christmas. It did not arrive before Christmas, it did not work properly, and was totally incompatible with other PS4 accessories. So, I wanted to return the item... Customer service did everything they could to drag out the process in hopes I would give up. Thankfully I ordered through PayPal and opened up a claim. Finally I got them to submit return information (because they told me it couldn't be returned to the address on package). However, the link (with the address and return info) they sent multiple times through PayPal, their customer service and my email was totally inaccessible and could not be viewed. Still had no idea where to send it!

So, after more than a month of dealing with their BS I escalated the claim through PayPal. I finally received their return address directly through PayPal (it was the same address on package), but I have to pay for return shipping. I haven't shipped it yet but now I'm going to have to pay $5-10 to return the item that they shipped late and damaged. Then they get to decide if it is in the same condition before they refund. I don't trust them one bit! Can't wait to see how this pans out! Either way I have wasted a serious amount of time and I am still going to have to pay for their mistake. Not fair! I will NEVER shop with them again and I recommend the same for you. STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!

LightInTheBox.com put false advertise on free shipping after $90 purchase. I spent about $120, it charged me almost $12 shipping cost. I requested a reimbursement and the Company kept ignoring my request without any explanation. I escalated the dispute with Paypal but unfortunately Paypal said its purchase protection doesn't cover stand alone shipping costs. I also noticed that LightInTheBox.com will not allow you to put any negative rating on its website store. It will not publish your negative comments or ratings. So All the 5 stars rating out there are bias. The clothes are also cheap in fabric and workmanship. I wouldn't recommend it.

Please excuse me because English is not my mother tongue. On January 16th I placed an order for a bag that costs 33 euros and I paid with my debit card. After 5 MINUTES I cancelled the order because I read the reviews here about all these people that went into such trouble with this site and they lost their money. I did all the necessary steps for a money refund and the site says that the refund would take 4 to 6 days. It never happened!!! I contacted them and they told me to click on the withdraw button!! I had already done that and they keep telling me the same things!!! I told them there is NO button to click and no more choices on my tickets. They just answered me to use a pc and not my cell phone!!! I AM USING A PC FOR MY ORDERS!!! THIEFS!! I WILL GO ON YOUTUBE and to all the social media and warn people about you. You are a bad bad name for the market. I have also taken pictures their responses...

LightintheBox is a scam! First of all, the marketing of this site is very attractive, with the low prices and trendy items but once they get your money the quality is cheap, poor or usually incorrect and trashed. I ordered some jewelry and it took over a month for me to get it (after several emails back and forth regarding where is my purchase). Once the jewelry came one piece was broken, just a piece of junk. I dismissed it because the other items were in fair condition and I wasn't going to argue over a $3.00 item.

However I ordered a pair of boots at a larger price quote and again after OVER a month they finally came and it was the wrong item completely!! I reached out to them and advised that I was issued sending them a photo of shoes or barcode, however I sent them the barcode information in an email and also offered to send the item back to them for proof, they were rude and uncooperative! I'm still trying to be made whole over a horrible mistake! PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY, I BEG YOU! If I could give them NO STARS I would! They are a cheap, fake online discount store.

My fiance ordered a dress for me and we never received it. Lightinthebox did nothing to help us. The tracking information stated that the package was delivered on December 9th. Because I still haven't received it, I went to the USPS post office today and asked them about it. They told me that they do not have the package and that I should file a claim since I never received it. They said they could not find it in their warehouse and in case if it is lost the seller, which is Lightinthebox, has to file a claim to get a refund. I paid Lightinthebox money for a product and you guys failed to deliver it to me. Technically, I have the right to demand the refund back or at least you guys need to resend the item. I am ok with a proper refund. Lightinthebox cannot just take a customer's money and run away without delivering anything!

Not only was I sent defective light bulbs that ALL went down after a few days but I had to pay custom fees which were not displayed during the purchase and their customer service was totally incompetent and made me wait over 30 days to send me a shipping back number while telling me I had gone over the 30 days return policy. Simply incredible on western online sales standard and regulations. The issue is that they show lots of good reviews online and "look good"... which makes it all the more dangerous. This site is a total scam, stick to your usual online reliable businesses.

They accepted payment on January 8th and cancelled my order because it was out of stock. When I sent in a ticket request (not easy to find) the response was to click on the item I am inquiring about and send the question in again. I am still waiting for the refund to hit my account. January 21, 2017. Very difficult to get any assistance.

Recently ordered 3 light fittings that looked really good on the pictures. First of all I had to pay over £53 in Chinese import duties to have them delivered (I had not realised this would be the case). When they arrived they were cheap looking and tacky and I wanted to return them. Every parcel carrier I tried needed at least a telephone number of the place where the goods were going to be returned to - some also needed an email address. Light In The Box flatly refused to supply this information saying they did not have to. I am stuck with a parcel I cannot return, and, therefore, cannot get a refund. I would advise everybody to stay away from this company.

I ordered shoes that light up for my little one as a gift and they sent a tracking number that says shipped and that's it. Then after several emails sent by me they now say they sent them but were stopped at customs and returned to them and now they say they can credit my account but I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THEIR WEBSITE, after reading their reviews I ordered. Now I found this one with negative reviews.

I placed an order for 2 dive skins on November 30th for departure to the Galapagos on December 14th. Even though there was plenty of time, I paid the extra for expedited delivery (3-5 business days), just to be sure. I am now returned from Ecuador - January 13th - and DHL wants to deliver the items. To add insult to injury, not only did I not have the suits for diving in the Galapagos, now I have to pay an additional 60% (approx.) to DHL for taxes and shipping, which were supposedly prepaid to LightInTheBox. I have been unable to find either an email address or telephone number for LightInTheBox to even attempt a satisfactory resolution to this matter. I will NEVER purchase from this company again! I still don't even know if I like the products!

I ordered a surveillance DVR recorder and it is working great. It was super cheap and arrived within 10 business days. I recommend the security systems at this website for your restaurant or store. Give it 5 stars!

This coat was nothing like in the pic. It looks like a Amish dress, completely straight not nice at all like in pic and cheap bow holds top piece together. And we only got $60 out of the $88 back. Shopping they said was the $28... Why should I be charged shipping when it's not what I was expecting to get... it only cost 6$ to ship back to them (go figure). DON'T USE THEM AT ALL!!! Ps. I ordered this same jacket from a real company online and it was perfect.

I bought 2 dresses. Both unusually small. They make it difficult to send back. I wrote them 50 times. Sent pictures. Spent literally exhaustive hours. They respond with form letters. I got only $50.00 back but spent $231. PayPal got me $50.00 extra. I want the $128.00 owed me. Please DON'T BUY. THE QUALITY WAS HOMEMADE AND THE SIZING RIDICULOUS. THEY DON'T WANT TO REFUND. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Write down tracking #.

I've purchased two pairs of sports shoes there in the end of December. Was surprised with fast shipping. Order was shipped within a couple of days and delivered in just 7 days. Trust me, I've done quite some shopping in Chinese online stores, but I've never received my purchases so fast. And I must say the quality is awesome. Overall I'm satisfied with this store. It's definitely worth trying.

Ordered two swimsuits a few days ago, and decided I wanted to cancel the order. My money was taken within 5 minutes (naturally) and I still haven't heard from the company. I previously bought a dress from this site which was great but unfortunately they will be losing a loyal customer if I do not hear from the company within the next few days & I will be looking into taking legal action if I do not get a full refund for these unwanted items.

I had ordered 2 Dragon Ball Z action figures from LightInTheBox.com on November 29th for my brother-in-law for Christmas only because their website advertised their shipping was 5-8 days. I was sent a confirmation email on November 30th, saying that my order had been processed and shipped. They sent me a tracking number that did not work. The only thing that was displayed was "Your order is processing." With some codes.

By December 15th I had still not received my order according to the "5-8 days" shipping time so I sent the website's customer care an email stating that I had not received my package and that I would like to know at least where it was and if I would receive it by December 24th. Their customer representative who emailed me back proceeded to say "Due to high requests this month your package may be delayed. Please wait until January 7th to receive your package."

I was also subscribed to receive promotional emails from this website and as of December 15th, they were still sending emails that said "Order now to receive your Christmas order by Christmas." So I was a little confused as to why my order would take until January 7th, if the website was still claiming to be able to send out orders by Christmas.

I waited until December 23rd to again email the website so that I could at least find out where my package was. I even told them that the tracking did not work and did not display where it was because in the first email they had sent me they had claimed to be able to call and find out where your package was if it was late. The person who emailed me back said that since it was peak season all packages were going to be delayed, and that I should wait until January and if I do not need the packages anymore then I can send them back when they arrive and get a refund when the company received the packages again. Again they did not even bother to address the fact that the website was still advertising on time delivery when I had sent them an email.

Finally on January 9th, I received my order that I had placed on November 29th. Considering that these two items are something you would collect, I thought maybe they would have at least put "Fragile" or handle with care or at least done a better job with the boxing. Both boxes arrived damaged and dented. Thrown into the box without a care; no papers or anything about what my order was. I would highly NOT recommend this website to anyone. Do not order from them. Their customer service them seems to just have a copy and paste passage that they use to tell all customers when they do not receive their orders. Awful service, lies, and false advertising.

Do not do business with this company. I was charged twice for one order 7 months ago!!! Ordered 2 vessel sinks in July. Total cost $529.34. August credit card statement listed 2 charges of $529.34 EACH. I have many attempts to get the second charge of $529.34 refunded to no avail. It is NOT possible to contact this company in any manner. I have printouts from my account with LightInTheBox that show the refund due, however my credit card company have not received a refund nor have I.

Frankly, I would never have ordered had I known this company was located in China. Their address is listed as California, which is where I placed my order. Check out the (many) other reviews on ConsumerAffairs or the BBB. I sure wish I had. Do not rely on other reviews that I believe are fake. I have been cheated out of $529.34. Since this is not only across state lines but out of the country, this is a federal offense, thus I intend to file a federal complaint against this company striving to get all who were cheated repaid. Note to the wise, do not buy from China.

I will never ever purchase anything from this site. They are thiefs. I purchase some shoes for my gals for Christmas. The item never came on time. When one item came they were charging for duty fee. I have asked for a refund for the 2 items I purchased. They never gave me my money back. Please, please never buy anything from this site.

I ordered some Wii controllers for my kids on 11/28 as part of their Christmas. I had two separate orders. Both get "lost" and after 5 emails to customer service and still no controllers on 1/6.. I receive message from customer service wanting me to locate the item. USPS has no record of either tracking number. Both packages have been at JFK airport since 12/19. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID this company. YOUR ORDER WILL GET SCREWED UP, PACKAGE WON'T COME, AND WILL BE SO FRUSTRATED!!! Stick to Amazon and eBay.

I've ordered a package on November 26th with expedited shipping (5-8 business days) and having after the stated period. After 3 weeks I clicked on Package Not Received button on the order page and a popup message indicating the usual time for shipping was up to 30 days. So I waited for more than 30 days and on Dec 29th (still haven't received the package) I clicked on the Package Not Received icon again and surprising it worked. I requested for a refund and they replied with a very nice e-mail and asked me to patiently waited until Jan 4.

On Jan 6 I still haven't received the package and when I tried to request the refund again, the ticket was closed on Jan 5 (one day after Jan 4). I clicked on Package Not Received again, Return or Replace Product and all methods resulted in Access Denied message. All they say are excuses to ask you to wait and wait but leave you no chance to request for refund. DON'T EVER, EVER BUY FROM THIS SCAMMER AGAIN!!!

They first took 10 days for what should have been up to 4 processing days and when I inquired, no one could tell me anything until I started to behave very badly on the customer tickets. O e person finally told me that the reason processing is taking so long is Beaune they can't find 2 items, so I told them to take off the items and refund me. They took the items off the order, but never refunded me. When I received the rest of my order, which I must say, that shipping was very fast (within the 3-4 days as promised). The items were of the worst quality I have ever seen in my life. Horrible quality clothing and the sizes are in no way true to form, although they say it is. The male jeans I purchased were the lightest pair of jeans I have ever seen; almost a thin stretch material and is not true denim. I am planning on returning everything, but I'm going to need all my money back first. I highly recommend that no one buys from this site.

I ordered two products in November 2016 as presents for my sister for Christmas. I was guaranteed delivery in 5 to 8 business days and therefore purchased the items knowing that I would receive them prior to Christmas. It is January 4th 2017 and I'm still waiting for the delivery of the presents. I am very unsatisfied with the customer service. They were unwilling to assist me in any way or provide me a refund for the product which I have waited 30+ business days for! I would like to warn others not to purchase from their site as their shipping and delivery times are not accurate and their customer service is not helpful or willing to accommodate.

LightInTheBox.com Company Profile