1.08/5
Based on 138 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 15, 2018

617 LightInTheBox.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2018

I cannot recommend LightInTheBox. I recently placed an order for an item that was $8.00. I had ordered something five years ago and in the system they had an old address. I changed the address in the system before placing the order. When I received the order confirmation, they had not changed the address. I then cancelled the order, went back in to change my address again, confirmed that the first order was cancelled and placed the order again with the correct shipping address. LITB did not cancel my first order and subsequently sent both.

I understand that things can go wrong. I tried to contact the company to straighten out the problem; however, there was no phone number to call that I could see. The options for emailing were limited by a drop-down menu. None of the options in the drop-down menu were about my issue. Therefore, I had to select one as there was no other option to get through to the company.

The responses I received ignored the content of my message and instead responded to the issue that was listed in the drop-down menu. Presumably there are automated responses that are sent out depending on what is selected from that menu. Not good service. When I placed the order the second time I selected a different shipping option which was 15.00 less. The order from LightInTheBox for an item that was $8.02 was now going to cost me $30.02. I get it. If you want it faster, you need to pay the shipping cost. But once they realized I had ordered the item twice, instead of cancelling my first order with the higher shipping cost, they cancelled the second order with the lower shipping cost (total order cost $13 something as opposed to 30.02). Even though they were sending me emails about the situation, at no time was there an attempt made to clarify with me which order I intended to place.

They did send me the number to call DHL to provide my correct address. When I did, I was informed that I would have to pay an additional fee for duty and taxes of 23.02. My 8.02 item is now costing me $53.04 and a whole lot of time and grief. I understand that when ordering from overseas, there will be duty and taxes. However, it was not made evident where the order would be coming from at anytime, nor was there any information or warning that there might be additional duty or an estimate of what those extra charges might be.

Be warned when dealing with these knock down operations with the rock bottom prices. It may not be at all what you think. I can't recommend LightInTheBox because they are, at the very least, misleading, possibly intentionally so. Everyone wants to make a buck. I get that. But honesty and fairness go a long way towards repeat customers.

Original review: May 7, 2018

** order no which was booked on 16th Feb 2018. I have still not yet received the parcel... Also I have placed the complaint to LightInTheBox app but they are saying, "You will received it in few days." Now it's almost 90 days but I have not yet received the Shoes which I had ordered. I have requested for refund also but I am getting no response from the Company. Initially they had said I will receive in 10 to 20 days.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2018

My daughter brought 4 prom dresses to try. On arrival they were not true to the sizes advertised. Poor quality. The company refuse a refund even though they advertise on their website you can return the products to a address in Germany if order from Europe. ALL LIES. The customer service is the WORSE ever. The products awful. The worse company ever dealt with. Seriously NEVER USE THEM SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I suggest you be very careful when deciding to deal with LightInTheBox. I ordered from them some dresses according to sizes worn in America. Of course, after a long, long time I received the dresses and they were all very small on me. True, they were cheap, but the materials they were made of were also very cheap. I tried to control my disappointment and politely emailed to them to send me a return slip because I didn't want to pay for their return. I send them many emails and every time I did, I got back a message "problem solved." I even had problems donating those dresses to thrift shops because the sizes were not fit for American people. This blog is only the beginning because I'm also trying to get in touch with the Commerce Department. We EXPECT RELIABILITY IN AMERICA.

Original review: April 23, 2018

For all time I made 20 orders, for all I paid for the insurance. I did not receive 6 orders committed in January. In March I tried to contact support, I was asked to wait a little longer. I contacted later, again asked to wait two weeks. As a result, I wrote them on April 13, almost 3 months after the orders I made, the same answer. The store does not return money, technical support is simply missing, as the problem does not resolve. The amount for 6 not received orders is almost 700 dollars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

Original review: April 23, 2018

I am located in Brazil right now. Last week I´ve bought 2 smartphones to send as a gift for a friend in USA. For my disappointment they sent the phones to my Brazilian address. I told them if they didn´t change the shipping address I would cancel my order. They said It was not able to change address to a different country. So, on Apr. 22nd I´ve decided to cancel the order. Even so, on Apr. 23th they ship it to Brazil and they said it was already shipped. If you can avoid LightInTheBox do it. They have the worst customer service in the world.

Original review: April 23, 2018

We ordered a few wall paintings from them. Now, after about one month, it is clear that they have no intention to deliver. We were promised 5-7 days delivery using expedited service. When package failed to arrive, we were given lengthy explanations about storms in China which normally are causing "really huge delays", and were reassured to "keep waiting" and not to be worried. By now: Our package have disappeared and cannot be tracked anymore. And - they simple stopped replying to our emails. We are very sorry to get involved with this "company" in the first place and will never buy from them again. They just stole our money!

Updated on 05/06/2018: Well, it is May 6th already. Paintings have not been received. Our demands to cancel the order remained unaddressed. We received a notice that it has been shipped, two days ago with UPS. Not true. A label has been created a few days ago. Package has not shipped. I tried to use the "complain to a supervisor" link and got an autoreply that my "rating" does not allow me to address the supervisor. And of course, my previous inquiries (tickets) have been closed. Only my package was not sent. I have never met such horrible service. As mentioned in my previous message - NEVER APPROACH THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE A SCAM!

Original review: April 22, 2018

I ordered 2 shrugs which were delayed in shipping as many others have complained on this site. Also I followed the instruction to measure myself and I ordered the size accordingly. When they arrived they were almost childlike sizes and made shabbily. I contacted the company for a return label and I was told they are “custom made” which is NOT included in the description at all. BUYER BEWARE! I so wish I would've checked this site out before I purchased anything.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Very bad experience with LightInTheBox.com. Non-existent or rude customer service. I purchased an item from them and paid a premium for FedEx Expedited Express delivery to receive it within 3-5 business days, an option advertised on their website. Package arrived after 23 days. Asked several times for refund on shipping charges - they don't even respond. This place is a joke, stay away from them.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I ordered Tripod for mobile phone by mistake and I canceled after one hour I ordered. The cancellation was approved. BUT the shipping procedure was continued, and few hours later I received email from the company to notice that It had already shipped. I couldn't believe it! Next day I received another email from the company and they apologized that the product has already shipped. They gave me an advice that when I received the product I then should return to the company. When the company receive the product then they do refund.

When I received the product I went post office and found out the shipping cost for sending back to the company (CHINA). It was NZ$50! I paid NZ$33.79 including shipping cost. So I didn't return the product to the company because I didn't want to spend more money. I don't recommend anyone to buy any product from this company. You can't trust them at all. BAD communications and really BAD quality (it was made in CHINA). Don't use this company.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Ordered package mid January with Shipping Charges & Insurance: Went from China to Germany to Montreal. Sat in Montreal for two weeks. Contacted LightInTheBox in middle of February say, “Your package was shipped WITH tracking. Please allow a few days for delivery. Thank you very much for your kind patience and understanding.”

One month later. “Thank you for shopping with us. We find that the problem described is about parcel and product not received. Please note that this is a service for tracking parcels and we can’t help you with after-delivery issues. Please kindly create a “return or exchange” ticket from your account so that there will be professional representative to help you. If you didn't find such access, please confirm delivery from computer first. Here is the detailed instruction of how to create “return or exchange” ticket: https://www.lightinthebox.com/. Thank you for your support and understanding.” Packages from AliExpress come on a boat from China to Vancouver, BC not Europe then Montreal to Vancouver. Had to get CC for refund.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have something I paid for and did not receive and it has been over 90 days over. I paid for shipping insurance and they keep telling me "maybe it was bad weather" and check with my local post office. It’s not couriered, it’s mailed so there is no way to find it and they even gave me some tracking number to ask Canada Post about. I humored them, I called. Canada post has no clue. LightInTheBox just wants to wear you out, for you to give up and forget about it because it’s not a lot of money. Well Guess what, IT’S MY MONEY AND I WANT IT BACK! Stop with the runaround!

Original review: March 23, 2018

Dress never received, they won't refund any money. They just keep telling me to be patient and wait. It has never even hit US Customs. It is still in China and they refuse to return my money. I paid extra to expedite the dress for Show Choir. Every other girl has received their dress but us. Show choir is now over.

Original review: March 23, 2018

This is my first and last time I do business with this company. I needed the product in 2 weeks max. When I placed my order they stated 2-5 business days through Canada Post. My order was placed Mar.13 and now it's Mar. 23rd. And tracking Nr. reads exactly the same as 1 week ago. Never again do business with this company, I am talking on behalf of other customers.This company is a scam. No address, no phone numbers. Only talking to the system and they were sending response to the tickets asking to add more waiting time at the point that you completely forget the issue and run away. Be aware of this crooks.

Original review: March 22, 2018

It is impossible to return product. Must have picture of hump inside of shoe sole. Must be JPG. Shipping is terrible. You pay expedited 5-7 days and they process it for 30 days from the time they take money from your account. Shoe size 6-7. I am a 6 1/2. Shoes way too small. Advertisement states leather; it is not leather. More like heavyweight paper/maybe canvas. One shoe has huge hump in the middle of sole, and I have to send a picture in JPG format. This is the worst experience and service I have ever experienced. China is not a good place to order from. LightInTheBox is a MESS.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I had ordered multiple items which were supposed to be delivered within 1 week. I received only three of total five packages. The two packages were never received. It has been 5 months; every time I ask for refund they say be patient. The tracking number they supplied is also wrong on one package that is still not received after 5 months. No refunds, not items. WASTE OF TIME. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH LIGHTINTHEBOX.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I have booked a product from LightInTheBox.com on 2 December 2017. They committed several times but actually they just made one after another miss commitment. Till after 4 months of booking they have not give the product not even refund the amount. Requested to every purchaser never make this mistake like me. Never... Never... Purchase anything from LightInTheBox.com... It's a fraud/cheater website... Now it's up to everyone to doing mistakes after knowing the real case...

Original review: March 15, 2018

I bought a figure skating dress for my daughter's first competition. The dress was very pretty but it ran on a small side, so I had to return it to exchange for one size up. However, the return/exchange process takes FOREVER!! It's been 6 weeks as I'm writing this review since I shipped back the product, but they still have not confirmed their receipt of the returned product. Since I needed the dress for the competition, I even offered to purchase a new one before my return is processed, but in the meantime, the price of the dress hiked up and they said they can't offer me the same price I originally paid for. I liked the dress a lot, but this return/exchange process is totally unacceptable.

I had my attorney investigate this company a bit. Then I found out that LightInTheBox's Seattle address is FAKE, as is the EIN and the association with a publicly traded company. The Seattle address located at 808 Howell is for the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Seattle which is still being built. Clearly, you can't trust this company. I will NEVER order from this site ever again.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I ordered Jewelry 60 days ago. Never received any Items. I was surprise to see other customers had the same experience. Shame on me for not checking reviews before ordering from this fraud of a company. DO NOT BUY FROM this Company. I think BBB should warn anyone that this company is a fraud. Every time you try and track items it says TIMEOUT.

Original review: March 12, 2018

You can't submit a new, fresh ticket on the website. If you mail, they ask you to submit a ticket. If you want to submit a ticket, it has to be added to your previous ordered order nos. only. The website automatically gives you option of the subject you want to raise your ticket under and you can't give any other subject apart from them. When I was trying to order a product today, under payment method, I clicked PayPal by mistake but I wanted to pay through Visa debit card. Now no matter what I do and close and open the website several times, it shows me payment method as PayPal only and I can't change it. I can't pay through PayPal as I don't have an account in it. If I raise more than 1 ticket, customer service team automatically closes 1 ticket without resolving it. :(

So I feel products are wonderful on this website but service is pathetic. They took 14 days last time to deliver my product. Previously I didn't know it's a Chinese website but when I came to know, I couldn't trust on this website. But thank to god, when I cancelled my product, my more than 7000 rs got returned to my account. So my trust got developed on this website. :) But service-wise, it's account pathetic website with no toll free number too. :(

Original review: March 11, 2018

This is the first time dealing with this company, it looked legit to me on the website, so I went ahead and ordered two dresses on February the 9, and went ahead and pay an extra 25 dollars to have them delivery within 3 to 5 business days, so five days passed and nothing in the mail. I communicate with them and they respond to me that 3 to 5 days for deliver after the dresses were made, and it will be no later than March 9, on March 9 I contacted them again, and they send me this mail: "We are sorry to tell you that following item(s) of your Order # is out of stock, and we found that this product will be out of stock for an indefinite period of time. S646309100005 Women's Going out Casual Sheath Dress, Print Round Neck Midi Long Sleeve Cashmere Polyester Wool Blend Fall Mid Rise Micro-elastic Opaque [Color: Royal Blue| Size:M|]."

So I sent them an email back to cancel the whole order, because I couldn't understand after one month of placing the order now they do not know when it's going to be available. After reading reviews in this website came to the conclusion that I might not see the money back at all, and this is just a Scam, will hope that people will read this review and do not order from them because they will lose their money. Hope someone can do something for this website and put an end to it.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I placed a $50 order, plus $10 shipping, to Sweden. It has been over four weeks and I still do not have my package. Today I received a notice, which indicates that I will need to pay $28 for customs charges and other fees for this package. This company has been deceptive. If there is the potential for additional charges, it must be clearly stated when ordering, which it was not. I have never had a problem like this with another online store, even when receiving goods from China. I am so upset!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Purchased a TV box on Dec 29 - 2017, estimated delivery time is 11 to 14 business day. Jan.14 - 2018 opened a case for not received the item, got back with an automatic setup message with the weather issue and ask to wait for a month. Jan. 21 - 2018 nothing showed up, opened a case and get different excuse for the delay then ask to wait for another month. Feb 23 - 2018, still nothing came, open another case get the same result. Escalated the situation to supervisor got the same result. Ask for the refund to buy it somewhere else and nothing have done. Keep telling us that the item is on its way and apologizing for the delay but do nothing but make us wait. This is my first purchase from LightInTheBox and got ripped. Never buy from this company again ever! Not recommend to anyone that I know. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I ordered a pair of winter outdoor trousers with a 3-6 days shipping. They never arrived. I contacted them and they stated that they had sent them by the cheapest method and will arrive middle of March. I think they are sent from China and they weren’t that cheap. Just to be clear. Winter trousers are not much good in March when the customer needs them for the current cold and wet weather. Absolutely useless customer service. BUYERS BEWARE! I only wish I had done my research better.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

There was a sale on this website for a wired Xbox controller. I thought why not and bought it. It was around the winter season so I expected some delay but this is too much. I bought it on 20 November 2017 and as of this review it is 19 February 2018 and I still have not received it. I asked customer service for help multiple time but most of their responses were a copy paste about how the weather is slowing down the package but according to my tracking it hasn't moved since 27 December 2017 and is still in China so far as I know.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I ordered a simple pair of red dress shoes. It has been over a month and I still have not received them and they say I cannot cancel the order because they are "custom made" just for me. Really?? Red pumps. Then the day I was emailing and complaining they assured me that they had been shipped. Well weeks later, nothing.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I ordered this on 4th December 2017 for a Christmas present. When I was buying it, it said 10-12 working days delivery. Once I’d ordered it said 10-18 days delivery. I still have not received it and it is now 15th February 2018. I have chased and chased. I have been fobbed off and delayed by standard response emails. Do not buy from this company.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I ordered some clothing from LightInTheBox. I ordered medium but when the items came they were too small. I reached out to the company, shipped the items back paying the $20.00. They acknowledged they received the items. After two months now they haven’t send me the xxl replacement I requested. Customer service department is no longer responding to my emails. Representative Kathy, if that’s a real person advised me the items were shipped and furnished me with a tracking number. This tracking number is useless because USPS said it’s not valid. Don’t support these thieves.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Ordered 2 jackets, one fit fine; second way too small. Sounds like their fault, yeah??? I had to pay to return and after waiting 2 MONTHS for a replacement, THEY SENT THE WRONG JACKET!! It's a women's and it's STILL TOO SMALL!! I hate this company. I could have bought a nicer jacket that cost a bit more instead of being stuck with one that won't fit! I'm not paying to ** return this one! And if you spend less than 2 hours trying to find a way to contact them to tell them they **, you did better than me!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

The company is fraud and their promises are nothing but lies. I had placed an order on 23rd January 2017 and today (when I’m writing this review) it is February 10th 2018 and guess what!! I am yet to receive my product plus they want me to wait for another 15 days!!! It is an outrageous proposition. They are extremely irresponsible. Their service is pathetic. They are duping their customers in the name of providing discounts. I wish I to spread the word that NEVER EVER TRUST THEIR SERVICES.

LightInTheBox.com Company Information