LightInTheBox.com

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

If there was a minus 5 stars option that would be my response with these **... I have ordered a tattoo machine, on May 2nd order was placed, May 4th payment was taken, May 5th the ** was supposed to be shipped. Today is May 17th and I haven't received my package. I emailed them about the issue and their automated system created a ticket to solve the issue, and called UPS and they havent received it there either. I'm asking for my money back and no response whatsoever. I been looking for their customer service phone number but I havent find anything, all the number I have called are out of service... This is the worst website ever... I rather keep buying at AMAZON... First and last time this people take my money.

I ordered some magnets and toys from them two months ago. I should have read the reviews first of course. Still waiting for my maggies! They reply to my inquiries with a generic response and now say that it could take another 60 days. What!? After reading the reviews I see this is typical of them. Jerks! I would steal their lunch money if I could. Jerk faces.

I ordered a dress that costed about $80.00 then I want it to ship out expedited that costed about $20.00. The dress was expected to arrive in about 2-3 days. I ordered it on Apr. 28th and on the same day the LightInTheBox took my money in all about $100.00. The dress didn't come for a week. I contacted them by email (the only way) and I wanted to cancel the order since I needed the dress for an event which would be in starting in a day. The responder, Yvette, kept on telling me that I couldn't cancel the order and if she cancel it now, the company would charged me 50% of my money which was about $50. I told her that it was the LightInTheBox which broke the promised NOT me. So how come she would charged 50%. Yvette wrote back and told me that it was my mistake, NOT the LightInTheBox mistake. And she would help me to complete my order and send out on May 16th and expected for another 2-3 days delivery.

It seemed to me that since the LightInTheBox which is based in China, it doesn't care about the customers whom are abroad. The only thing it does is to take money from the customers and who cares about the products. This is just ridiculous and I don't know why the Consumer Affairs or the BBB still haven't done anything to block this scam business from operating in the US.

BEWARE OF TERRIBLE COLOR MATCH TO THEIR WEBSITE COLOR SAMPLES. Received 3 bridesmaid dresses that I ordered in Burgundy color (from their chart). What I did receive was three "RED" dresses. Now they will not refund my order. Terrible company with poor customer service. Stuck with this color. See attached photo for yourself.

This has been an absolutely HORRIBLE experience!!! Nowhere on your website do you disclose that the merchandise ordered would be coming from China or that there would be international fees charged in addition to the cost of the order!! Your shipping dates are absolutely OFF and very misleading! In the description of the item I ordered, it states "100 Pc Decorative Flowers" making a consumer think they are paying for 100-PIECES, and yet it is for ONLY ONE! ONLY ONE... Why would anyone in their right mind pay for ONE flower to be shipped from CHINA and wait damned near 3-weeks to get it??? Only someone who was defrauded by your company through its con-artist website. This entire experience has been one HOAX... Absolute FRAUD!!! You should not be allowed to sell anything in the United States!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

This was the first time I ordered from LightInThe Box and it will be my last. The hat I ordered was not at all like it was pictured on the website. It was on sale and the price was good, but the quality was horrible. The packaging was a joke and the hat came all smashed. Also my credit card number was stolen and they tried to charge several hundred dollars, although my credit card company recognized it as a possible fraud and did not allow it to go through. However they did manage to hack into my online credit card account and stole all my rewards (over 12,000 points) and used it to get a hotel room. It's a terrible company. Do not order anything from LightIntheBox!!!!

DO NOT order anything from this company, they are horrible and won't exchange anything. I ordered a straight up size 4 dress that was NOT custom tailored and they would not exchange it for another size saying they don't exchange custom ordered dresses. Where they got that from I don't know. I did not send them any measurements!!! What a horrible customer service and buying experience! Dissatisfied customer. Will never order from them again!

I ordered lights from this website and paid for shipping insurance. When the items arrived they were broken. They offered me 50% discount on the product, but I still had to pay for the incompetent shipping despite the fact I paid for insurance. Customer service were not willing to assist beyond this. Very, very dissatisfied that I had to pay $70 for shipping an item and that no responsibility was assumed for the fact shipping incompetence caused the item to arrive broken.

Ordered two pairs of sneakers. Received one. Continuously fill out ticket to msg customer service which is the only way feasible to contact. Never receive info on sneakers. Billed to my credit card but not sent. No one to resolve with and no helpful info from them. Terrible company to deal with.

This company turned to be an absolute nightmare for me as far as delivery and customer service. The quoted delivery time on the goods I ordered was 5-8 business days. After 10 days I received an email saying that the package was delivered, but in reality it was not. Tracked the package using the tracking link and showed the same, package delivered. So, I opened a ticket on the LightInTheBox website and got a computer generated standard message saying that I should wait my package is probably delayed a bit. OK.

I waited a few weeks, no package, opened another ticket, got the automated email again, wrote back another type of machine generated email arrived. Wrote back a few times, no human interaction just useless automated messages. Tried to find another way of contacting the company, none exists, wrote a bad review on their website, still no attention. Almost a months elapsed, no package, no refund, no useful contact with their customer service. I am a frequent online shopper but never seen something like this. This company is TOTALLY USELESS, DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM BECAUSE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXISTENT!!!

I first purchased a Jr bridesmaids dress and a pair of shoes for my daughter for a family member's wedding. My initial order actually arrived pretty quickly. No complaints there BUT they sent the wrong shoes. Not the wrong size but a completely different shoe than I ordered. The dress was a tad too big, which was not their fault but I immediately contacted them and wanted to return the dress and shoes and get the dress one size smaller. They told me that the dress was "made-to-order" and could not be returned. There was nothing "made-to-order" about this dress. It was a standard size in a standard color that shipped within 36 hours of me placing the order. The dress had never been worn, altered, and tags were still on. In fact, I contacted them the very day that I received the dress. After throwing a fit and threatening to do a chargeback on my credit card if they would not accept the return, they finally agreed to take it back.

I did not want to have to wait for the first dress to be returned before the second one was shipped so I went ahead and placed a second order for a second dress. The handling plus shipping time combined should have been 14-22 business days. It is now at 28 business days and still no dress. At this point, the wedding is in 3 days so even if it gets here in the next 3 days, there will not be enough time to have it shortened (it was a floor length dress that will need to be hemmed). When I contacted them and told them that I would need to return this one dress as well because I no longer have any use for it, they suggested that I just keep it because the shipping cost would be too much to return it. Terrible customer service. Do NOT buy from this company.

I ordered 2 ball gowns on 1/28/2017 for an event on 2/17/17. I paid $34 for 2-3 day expedited shipping. I kept sending "tickets" with no response from the company. I finally received a response when I threatened to file a complaint in March. I wanted a refund because the event had passed. They shipped one dress, I received mid March. I contacted them again about the second dress demanding a refund. They have an excuse for everything. I was persistent and sent them a copy of my filed complaint with the attorney general. Miraculously, a refund appeared in my Light in the box account. They never notified me. I needed to find it. Then you must request it be put back in your bank account/card another long process.

I sent them another ticket requesting my expedited shipping fee returned to me since it took almost 2 months for the first dress to arrive and the other one never arrived 3 months later. I then got a response I must have misunderstood 2-3 day expedited shipping and they are not at fault for anything. They are keeping my $34 expedited shipping fee. This is absolutely the worst company to business with. Their customer service is the worst I have ever seen and not consumer friendly. They border on stealing with their 2-3 expedited shipping. If it's not possible don't offer it. I will never shop here again ever. It cost me even more money because I needed to buy a dress for the event when this order never arrived.

This is my first time ordering from LightInThe Box website, and it will for sure be my last. I submitted tickets for two complaints and at no point was their "Customer Service" at all concerned with truly resolving my issues. Firstly, I paid extra money for express shipping in order to receive my item in 2-3 days from the shipping date. I did not receive my item until 7 days after the date it shipped, which was days after the event I purchased them for. When I finally received the item (shoes), I find that their US shoe sizes they advertise on their site are not correct, they are in fact SMALLER... and now, I'm stuck with "customized" shoes that do not fit and they will not allow me to return them. Seriously frustrated and disappointed in this company. I'm not sure how things work where they are, but where I am, it is clearly deceitful to sell an item using false information.

These ppl are cons. They are not legitimate. I order products and never received it. It has been over 6 weeks now, never got my money back. They never respond to emails neither do they have a telephone number. I am not the only one having this problem here.

I order and pay for a Stainless Steel Stove Single Camping BBQ Hiking Outdoor Picnic at 22 $, and they send me only a head burner for camping stove at 7$ value!!! I paid also 8$ custom tax for the value of order!

Having paid extra for fast postage of an item - I am still waiting on my product 5 days after the promised delivery date. Before purchase I was told it was 5 - 8 business days - we are now 13 business days and counting. Their customer service is appalling. When I contacted them they just said "Actually it could take up to 28 days. Thanks for your patience." DO NOT pay extra for delivery - it appears to be an absolute sham. I will review my product when [and if] I get it.

Wow where to start. Ordered a Xiaomi m2 wristband. 12th March 2017. Included extra for DAD shipping. Shipped in a couple of days or I should say marked as ship. No cancellation allowed after shipping. By end of March raised as goods not received. Ticket got back in progress message, but suddenly new tracking number appeared with I suspect new Xiaomi m2 sent. It got to the UK 4 April, and then a demand for extra £15 from the carrier for UK duties. This despite goods under £135 being import duty exempt!! So short story is despite it not being clearly stated the goods are coming from China. Don't use PayPal. It transpires that there is no cover from them for goods not bought from eBay. Also PayPal very difficult to deal with. Will be using visa in future where this a guarantee. Do not use this supplier unless you are prepared to lose the money. Very poor supplier not recommend.

Unbelievable. Go and buy these things in better places. I have had such a bad experience buying through LightInTheBox I will never buy anything there again. They told me that my order (that should have been an express order) is late due to high demand and that it will arrive to the warehouse after a few more days. After a few days they said a few more days and a few more. After two weeks I received a message that there was a "customs issue" and that the package came back to the warehouse and that they are canceling the order (when just the same day another representative told me that the item did not reach the warehouse). Shameful deceiving behavior. Look elsewhere.

Kindly, I recently purchased a pair of men's shoes at a very fair price and my item arrived on time and in good order. This kindly company is based in China. The furthest I know: good. Kindly, I love China. It is a lovely country with excellent citizens. Kindly, I am granting this review to lend credibility to positive experience with this company. Thank you.

Will not be using this company as ordered shoes for myself but were too small even though stated my size. Asked for replacement as a bigger size but, these were still too small. Opted for a refund as postage to return items were too expensive in October last year. Still waiting for a refund even though have been communicating with company. I have had no joy and will be complaining to founders of company. This company should not be allowed to trade in the UK.

This is my first-time ordering from this company. Placed order on 3/18. My cc was charged on 3/19. On 3/21, I check to see how much longer would the order take to ship. They said, "we are waiting and will process soon." On 3/25, they said they are waiting from their supplier to see if they will get item or not and don’t know when they will have the item to ship.

I requested to cancel the order so I can buy from another place. On the same day, they cancel my order and said I will get a full refund on my cc 1-2 days. It has been about a week and nothing. Now I can't even go to page/order to contact them. They remove any way to ask about the refund. I had to contact my cc for this. So lesson is they will charge your cc for item they don't even have on hand to sell and they will not refund you when you the order is cancel. Then they won’t response to you anymore. Beware of this company.

Consumer Increased Rating!

LightInTheBox has refunded partial value if purchase as promised. Issue resolved.

Jason William of Wayne, MI on

Original Review

Received a defective product. They gave me an option to return it or receive 10 dollar credit. I chose credit. In order to get the credit I had to confirm the order was delivered. Once I did this I checked the balance and it is only .84 cents. They marked the issue as resolved and are ignoring my polite and civilized requests for remuneration.

I receive partial of my items. Never received the rest of my item which was $68.00 worth. Kept contacting them. It seems like its messages that are premade. Doesn't make sense. I can't sue them cause it's a waste of time and money cause they're located in China. I suggest no one buying from them. Don't do expedite. You won't get refunded. If you get your product good but don't accept it to come 2 to 3 business day that will never happen. This web page is like shopping at your own risk. Buy better thru Amazon. It's more legit and you actually talk to live people. LightInTheBox you will never talk to someone live.

I have never written a review before but felt compelled to warn others. DO NOT BUY from this site. I ordered a Bridesmaid dresses for my 4 year old daughter paying for delivery within 8 days. Over 3 weeks later I am now informed my package is in the country but I have to pay an additional £30 to have it delivered as the company are not declaring to customs the true worth of the items. A child's dress that should have cost just £47 now is ending up costing £77. The customer service is awful and in the end they totally ignore your messages. As the dress is obviously for a wedding it has been very stressful due to the poor communication. Please save yourselves the stress and even if you are paying a little extra from somewhere else at least you will have the peace of mind that you won't be send an extra bill.

First of all if I had checked the review for this website before ordering I would not have done it. This company operates out of China. There is no number to call and the total experience so far sucks. I paid for 2-3 days service. It's been more than a week and I still don't have it. There is no way to complain so I guess I am just going to wait and see if get it. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!

I ordered ONE product. A baby monitoring camera that was specifically meant to link to any of your tablets or smart phone via wi-fi in order to not have any cumbersome cords etc. They sent us the wrong product. I guess I can say at least they managed to send a camera! But it is completely the WRONG one! But joke's on them because the one we ordered was a simple $30 camera and they ended up sending us a MUCH nicer DVR camera home security system (approx. $130)! The only problem is that it requires setup and cords.

I am not even going to bother contacting customer service about this mix-up (especially after reading all the horror stories about how there really ISN'T one anyway). I think we might just end up selling it online or to a friend to get our money back. Our purchase did come in a timely manner BUT it's too bad it was the WRONG thing! Ultimately, I wouldn't recommend anyone use this website!

Horrible - paid premium for 24 Russian Piping Tips to decorate cakes and when I received the package, it only contained 12 tips and the bag inside the mailing envelope had a huge tear. Meaning it was defective from the factory before it was even sent. How could they have not noticed it? Plus, I could not log into my account (had no account even though I had received merchandise) but I found a way to send notice. So I get an email stating that they had sent another and if I didn't receive it to let them know - except I did NOT receive anything and I have no way of contacting them because for some reason I do not have any order under my name. There is no way to contact the company so I am escalating it to PayPal. Hopefully they can get my money back. It's no wonder I do not order anything online!!

I've received after almost 3 month the shoes and then paid 50% more to the customs/taxes etc... I'm living in Canada. The customer service will be prompt and say whatever you want to hear, but in time, don't expect to speed up. The photos are good and the quality is the second hand. The price is small. What can you expect!? IF you order have patience and wait for couple of months when you'll have the products from them. I think for duty free and taxes you should buy the insurance (I've declined) and I am not sure, but possible you get exempt for duty free.

I ordered a dress on February 14th and never received it. I cancelled my order (since it has not even been processed). It's a trap people! You only have 24 hours to cancel an order and even if you never get it? They will not give you a full refund. They won't make the item until you've paid for it. It takes 20 days to get said item but you can only refund it 24 hours after you paid for it. This is a scam! A total ripoff! Run away fast!!! Look at all the other bad reviews if you don't believe me!

The buying process is perfect. There is the possibility of adding shipping insurance, which means that you will be refunded the customs costs. They always give you an answer and try to leave you satisfied.

LightInTheBox.com Company Profile