Get Started

3.4/5 (521 ratings)

About LightInTheBox.com

LightInTheBox is a global online retailer based in Hong Kong. The company’s items include discount apparel, gadgets and home goods. Its website is available in multiple languages, including English, French and Spanish.

Pros

• Frequent discounts
  • Rewards program
  • Large variety

Cons

• Limited returns
  • High shipping costs

Bottom Line

LightInTheBox.com is ideal for consumers looking for a one-stop shop for discounted clothing, home goods, beauty products and technology items.

Top LightInTheBox.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Highly recommended store with a fast and excellent service. I purchased an article and when I had a problem with local customs, LightInTheBox promptly solved my problem without he...

Verified

LightlnTheBox clothing shop online is the absolute best, very quick shipping, exactly as picture and described items, the best price. And they even offer coupons. I am repeat cust...

What is LightInTheBox.com?

LightInTheBox.com is an online retailer that offers discounted products in three core categories: small accessories and gadgets, apparel and home and garden. The company adds more than 1,000 new products to its site daily.

You can find a large variety of product on LightInTheBox.com, including:

• Women’s, men’s and children’s clothing
  • Swimsuits and recreational wear
  • Shoes, jewelry and watches
  • Makeup, hair extensions and nail polish
  • Costumes, board games, puzzles and dolls
  • Home decor, wall art and textiles
  • Gardening tools and patio accessories
  • Security devices
  • Auto parts
  • Laptops, cell phones, tablet cases and wireless chargers

You can shop the store by product type or from categories like "Deal Zone" and "Flash Sale".

The company offers a rewards program that gives rewards equal to 1% of the net purchase amount on any qualifying order or during any qualifying promotional purchase.

Orders arrive within three to 20 business days, depending on the shipping time you select.

LightInTheBox.com prices

Pricing for LightInTheBox.com varies by item. Because the company offers a large variety of products, the pricing varies — cycling gloves may cost $7.20, while a wedding dress can be priced at $314.99.

LightInTheBox.com frequently hosts flash sales on its site, and users can always shop the “Under $9.99” category — the company updates this section with new products weekly. LightInTheBox.com offers a 10% discount if you make your purchase through its app.

LightInTheBox.com FAQ

Is LightInTheBox.com legit?
LightInTheBox.com is a legitimate company, but some reviewers state they had difficulty receiving the products ordered or getting a full refund for missing products.
Where does LightInTheBox ship from?
Products from LightInTheBox.com ship globally from China. The cost of shipping depends on the package’s destination.
How long is LightInTheBox delivery?
Because LightInTheBox.com ships globally, delivery times vary considerably. The average delivery time is between three and 20 business days.
How much is LightinTheBox shipping?
Once you have added items to your cart, you can receive estimated shipping costs by clicking on the shopping cart logo. Actual shipping costs vary based on the shipping method and location of the shopper.

Do we recommend LightInABox.com?

For shoppers who want to browse and purchase a variety of products on one website, LightInTheBox.com is a great choice. Though it has long shipping windows and a strict return policy, customers seem satisfied with the company’s diverse offerings and affordable prices. LightInTheBox.com could be worth it if you want to shop for everything from children’s pajamas to cell phone chargers to fishing lures at discounted prices.

LightInTheBox.com Reviews

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I discovered LITB when ordering shirts to wear for tennis. Their selection of shirts available is extraordinary! They must have literally thousands. However, there are 2 main things to be very careful about: sizing and quality, but especially sizing. I usually wear a US men's MED shirt or a US 38. With my 1st orders, I ordered accordingly without paying particular attention to their Sizing Charts and that was a mistake: the MED shirts I eventually received barely fit my wife who usually wears a women's SM. I eventually learned to pay VERY close attention to every item's sizing chart when ordering anything. For me, on many of the shirts, as they are coming from China, I had to order XL to be the equivalent fit of a US men's MED.

Second, I found that some of the shirts looked really good for the initial wear, but after laundering 1-2x, they really deteriorated, especially in the collar for polo-style shirts. Others held up fine to repeated laundering. Some of the shirts were made of a thin rayon/polyester type of material similar to what you might describe as "DryTech" which wore very well in the hot Florida summer weather and dried quickly. However, others are made of a heavier knit type of polyester material that I feel is too thick to wear in hot weather. The problem is that there is no way of knowing which shirt will arrive made of which type of material or whether it will or won't stand up to laundering: it's literally hit or miss. The only other things to be aware of is that everything ships from China so if you're used to getting things next day or in 2-3 days from, say, Amazon, this is NOT that: shipments can take 3 weeks.

Consequently, if you're used to easy returns, say, thru Amazon, this is also NOT THAT. You pay for shipping both ways and you have to be aware of that. The prices are really quite good, but you have to factor in shipping costs and the relative difficulty of doing returns. I guess the best way of trying to determine the quality of what you are planning on ordering is to carefully look at the Reviews. I've also had the experience of ordering shoes/sandals. One pair that looked v. nice in the photos. Arrived like a VERY cheap, thin almost slipper, whereas in the same order, the sandals I got were great! To sum up: "There's No Free Lunch" - you get ENORMOUS selection and good/great prices, but quality of product is very variable and shipping is not what we're used to in the US.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I absolutely love LightInthebox for tights, however I was surprised that I had to pay duty fees. I got my tights on sale but now it defeats the purpose. I had to pay almost $40 in duty fees. I highly recommend them but next time I will only order one at a time as they get mailed this way

LightInTheBox.com response

Dear Kimberly

This is Bloo, supervisor of customer service.

I learned that your are charged duty fee by Custom and you had sold them out.

I need to mention that we provide tariff insurance service and actually you had ordered this service when you placed the order, therefore, If you provide your invoice we could refund you the amount.

I have created a ticket#25063496 for your issue, would you please login your litb account and reply when you feel free?

Sincerely
    Bloo

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

My daughter needs her princess shoes. I realize that once little girls fall in love with shoes, you have to let them wear them before they grow out of those shoes. So, we are up for new princess shoes every so often. These are so pretty. The white sparkles so much and the bow and “diamond” are so cute that I don’t want her messing them up so fast. But I do want her to wear them! I am very happy with the soles of the shoes - they look so comfortable on the inside. This is a must since these gorgeous princess shoes have heels, and I want to be sure my daughter is getting proper support for her feet. Too cute to not wear, but too cute to get messed up. It is what it is, and she is worth the new pair of princess shoes. Easy velcro for put on and take off, and my daughter can do it herself. Size is accurate, but, go up a little bit in size if worried, since there are straps to hold the shoes on the feet.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

You need to have item numbers or something more specific than your poorly worded descriptions. Often it is hard to re-order favorite items for lack of ambiguous description. Clicking on previous order too often results in items that have been removed from inventory, but I often can't tell which item was which in an order if they are similar. One was okay, but one I want to re-order in every color, but I often can't tell one white pair of briefs from the other. A four or five digit part number should be easy enough to help you control stock and inventory, and also give us more precise ordering ability and make things clearer.

Other than that, I enjoy your site and have ordered a stupidly large amount of items. Even if they are the wrong size (my fault, not yours) I don't mind, because one bad purchase out of six or seven (usual size of my orders) still averages out to a good value. One more thing. Looking through over 2400 different kinds of underwear is a big time consuming. You have many duplicated items listed separated, and more than five categories might make for a less laborious search. You have nine in sleepwear and over 600 in exotic. Maybe one for just G-strings, fitting so differently, as a subdivision of sexy, or some other criteria, as fifteen or twenty pages to look through is too many. Or more items per page, maybe.. Deep in the list is always something unexpected, and fun to try out. I've found some really fun things there. Thanks for a fun site.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Package arrived within average time for items from China. The dress size measurements indicated for the items were not as described. The bodice of the dresses were very tight fitting. Otherwise it fit well.

LightInTheBox.com response

Hello Annette,

Thank you for leaving a comment on our page.

I regret reading that both dresses didn't fit. Please note we sell all clothing with their exact measurements --in both inches and centimeter-- to specially avoid sizing problems. You will find our size chart when scrolling down the product page, below the item's photos. I invite you to compare the measurements of our size chart of both dresses:
    XL
    46½
    57¾

(https://www.lightinthebox.com/en/p/women-s-plus-size-dress-a-line-dress-maxi-long-dress-long-sleeve-color-block-leopard-print-casual-fall-blue-purple-yellow-l-xl-xxl-3xl_p8800678.html)

In the event that the measurements are different as stated above, then please send us clear photos with measuring tape as evidence. You will be immediately refunded without having to return the product back if we can if we could confirm that the measurements of your products are different compared, to those specified on our sizing chart. However if you did not take in account our size chart when making this order, then we can help you returning it for a refund. Please note that in the latter case, we cannot include the shipping fees in the refund amount.

We have sent you an email (ticket #24462847) to help you resolve this problem. I stand by that we can help you obtain a refund without too much effort!

Awaiting your details,

LightInTheBox Customer Service Team

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I have purchased a lot of items from the site and the items are of good quality. They take care of customs too. The shipping cost can also be reduced by using coupons and credits. Shipping time is also very fast; though the item ships from China. Will recommend this site to everyone looking to purchase nice products.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

They offer the best services. There are so many great e-commerce platforms out there that offer a range of functions and services. They also range in price and terms of service. Of course, then there is also the option of having your e-commerce store uniquely coded for your business.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

These fairy pendants are absolutely darling! The little fairy is sitting on the edge of the moon and she has an intriguing look on her face. Could be worn by any age. I get comments all of the time when I wear this necklace.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Customer service responded timely back and forth to achieve satisfactory resolution. Boots are comfortable. Velvet button boots are super pretty. The butterfly print dress is light and airy, perfect for spring and summer nights. The baby doll nightgown is great.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

These products are high quality. I have a good experience about online shopping. I buy many products on these store. Good product and good packing. I really like this. Thanks for good quality products. Thanks

LightInTheBox.com Company Information