1.36/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

LightInTheBox.com

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

531 LightInTheBox.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I ordered the Wedding Wraps Coats/Jackets 3/4-Length Sleeve Satin White Party/Evening T-shirt Open Front #00398826 for my daughter in a size 10 even though she is a size 8 and the jacket is too tight across the back and around the arms and she just can't wear it. I also ordered Wedding Wraps Coats/Jackets 3/4-Length Sleeve Satin white Wedding/Party/Evening/Casual T-shirt Clasp #00631948 in Ink Blue SIZE 16w. It is far too small. Doesn't even meet at the front to do up the clasp and it is made out of the taffeta not satin which also makes it the wrong color.

When I wrote to them they told me that they do not refund on made to order items but they did finally agree to after I sent them photos of the items which I have also included in this review. They gave me instructions on how to return the items and told me they would send a RMA code within 24 hrs but this took more correspondence to them and 12 days later they sent the RMA code to which I went to the post office and sent off the items back to them. 4 weeks later I still hadn't received the refund so I contacted them again after more correspondence they told me that they have not received the items and can't refund my money and have now closed the ticket again so I am out of pocket AUD$92.20 plus an extra $30.00 for the return postage and have no items.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I ordered 2 flower girl baskets on Sept 10th for my Oct 6th wedding thinking it will be plenty of time to receive the package before the wedding. I chose the Postal Expedited shipping method which states it will take 4-8 business days and I received a confirmation that it will be shipped by Sept 27th. However, I did not receive the package on time and to make matters worse, when I submitted a ticket as instructed online, it sends you an automated answer from supposedly "customer service" which now states my package will take up to 28 days and it will be delivered by Oct 13th.

Tracking system they provide also does NOT tell you where in the states or even in the country your package is but it only shows "it's in transition" who knows where. I submitted another ticket to file a complaint that I demanded a refund since it will not do me any good. I receive the product late and they falsely indicated the shipping process. Then, I finally received the package on October 12th but since I no longer needed the product, I didn't open it and went online again to submit a ticket to return the package.

Instructions online says it's simple to return but this sounds too good to be true. It's not just printing the UPS return package slip like other legitimate companies. Of course, customer service states you need to wait for "RMA" code which I have never heard of and I had to submit another ticket because again, they did not send the RMA code for me to return the package the next day.

Here I am filing complaint after complaint to receive my refund. I filed a complaint to BBB and this company is a complete scam to get money from the consumers and causing the whole return process to be extremely inconvenient and they delay the process to make sure you do not get your refund. There is no phone number and submitting a ticket to so-called "customer service" is not what you think and even though your issue doesn't get resolved, they close the ticket as "resolved."

I will do whatever in my power to make sure that everyone gets a message not to order from this company and continue to file complaints to make sure this company doesn't continue to scam people online. I will also file a complaint to FTC to look into this company who operates in China which makes it more complicated for any consumers ordering in the US to feel more frustrated. This company is making millions of dollars sending faulty products and scamming people out of money. I wished I had checked out the reviews before ordering online from this company!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

This less than honest does NOT provide and phone # allowing you to contact them. Some joker has posted online that he can provide a contact number if you send him $25.00. I ordered sandals and waited for over two months before receiving a package from Lightin which contained shoes that I had not ordered. I sent an email and also was able to find another email to use when there existed a problem. I never received a response from anyone. It has now been three months, I sent the information requested which included information on the sandals I had originally ordered. Still waiting for an answer. Told them to refund my purchase and I would return the crap shoes that had sent in error. DO NOT trust a thing they say and if you are determined to purchase something use paypal or a credit card. Paypal and credit card companies will protect your money. Wishing you good luck if you do order.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I ordered shoes, arrived in time but shoes seems like made for dolls, it was piece of junk, as other customer wrote, the return was so complicated and confusing. I send as regular postage and waiting for refund. Do not buy from China.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I purchased miscellaneous clothing items and a keyboard to the total value of €188.92 incl. shipping. When the items arrived, the order was split up and I had to pay additional delivery charges of €30 besides the VAT due to the company sending two separate shipments instead of one. Upon arrival the items 4 of the items were faulty to the tune of +-€120 incl VAT and excl the extra courier fees! Having to return these items at an additional cost of €70 tomorrow. This is a total of €130 (€60+€70) that I'm having to just throw away to the swines. And LightInTheBox.com has the audacity to ask me to send the items in their original two boxes!!! The Cheek of them!!! It’s more like ScamInTheBox. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I ordered a dress on LightInTheBox and it arrived with the material looking like a bed sheet. This was supposed to be my wedding dress. The size was wrong and the quality was shocking. I tried to return and they are giving me some crap that I ordered a made to order dress which I did NOT. I am out of pocket $170.00. Warning! Do not buy from this site they are rip offs.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Found company online. Ordered a couple of items one of which hasn't arrived. When trying to contact them about order it seems now have no orders. Can't get to customer services and now can't get into my account with them. It keeps coming up not the right password. Will never use again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

This company are a ** joke. Ordered 2 items on 6th September/despatched on the 7th according to the site order, after various emails back and forth (they always come with the same crap) delivery was 9-12 days that suddenly changed to 10-12 days. So after 24 plus days still no items. Then and only then did they offer a refund (even that was too much for them, had to wait for them to contact their admin office to start a refund - crap). Now after several more emails I have now been informed I will receive my items on the 1/11/2017... unreal. All that time from China. LMAO.

I've recently placed orders on eBay from China. Arrived within a week or two, oh and incidentally on my order sheet from their website my order date has also changed from 6th September to the 27th September... how these morons are still in business is amazing. Also the tracking system... well what tracking system... it never works, my goods are still in China and have been since order date (original order date).

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I purchased three pairs of shoes from the company. After trying on the shoes, I decided to return them all. The website was extremely confusing and sent me in circles over and over around the return. There was no number to call and speak to a person, and the customer service site was extremely confusing and unhelpful. This felt as if it was intentional to prevent people from being able to make returns. I absolutely would not suggest purchasing anything from this company. Had I known about their poor customer service I would not have purchased from them myself.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Like me you probably are searching for this company after your product did not arrive in the 2-3 days promised. This is because, according the courier they use, 2-3 business days is impossible for most shipments. There is ASSUREDLY NOT an unusual delay at the border as they told me. They just promise unrealistic times hoping you will order not realizing the trap that has caught you.

The very best thing you can do at this point is refuse delivery of your product and start a chargeback with your credit card company. Here is why. If the company is this dishonest about just their shipping times, imagine the quality of their products (or read the other horror stories). If you accept the item then the cost to return any defective products will likely be yours. How much do you think it will cost to return the item(s) to China? That is the trap!

Refuse the item for being late and start a chargeback. Make copies of all your communications, receipts, etc. Call the shipping company and records the conversation regarding delivery. Call the local shipper (UPS, FED EX, or DHL) and tell them not to deliver without your express authorization in writing and record the call. The courier for LightInTheBox can tell you who will deliver. Complain vigorously to your credit card company for accepting such nefarious persons as customers. Maybe, just maybe you can get back your money and learn, as I did, to research online companies better for ordering anything.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

As an Irish person, I have to Post this complaint online. I bought 2 security cameras (dummy cameras) online from LightInTheBox. I paid extra insurance in case the item got lost. The parcel came to An Post and then went to customs. Customs contacted me and said that the items will be released back to An Post. An Post, the Irish postal service lost them (you have to doubt the caliber of An Post staff). They advised me to contact light in the box about a refund. I have, and I am still sending them emails by their ticket system. They are fobbing me off. My only advice is DO NOT PURCHASE ANY ITEM FROM LIGHT IN THE BOX. You will regret it. Even though An Post lost the item, Light in the box are still responsible.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I purchased a Blackview BV7000 Pro 5.0 inch 4G Smartphone. The phone is exceptionally reviewed. Issue is not one with the item, the ad says 4-5 days shipping and processing and that the items was in stock so I paid with my CC. I learned that what they call gold was called champagne and rose by other sellers so within 4 hours I changed saying they could send silver or grey. Well it took 48 hours for a reply to my ticket then I was told they changed the order and it would ship in 2-3 days, then the wait began.

Despite being listed in stock, it took 22 days to actually ship the item. Well after 15 days, I clicked cancel order and purchased another phone. They ignored me then closed the cancel order ticket saying it was being taken care of on another ticket despite me open ticket after ticket I was ignored until I got a email saying it had shipped. I could see through it early, they are just scummy and dishonest and you will feel it when communicating with them. Avoid them. Go to Aliexpress or anywhere, really, eBay etc. Oh they promised me a $24 discount on future purchases, never happened!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Ordered a bathroom faucet with promised 2-3 day delivery [paid extra for expedited delivery and tracking]. One week later no faucet. Filed a complaint with Lightinthebox.com and no resolution in sight. Since I purchased through PayPal I am hoping to get a total refund... will see!!! Recommendation to always avoid using "Lightinthebox.com" scam company which has been noted on this site.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

The prices on this site were very attractive. So, I placed my order in a hurry. I should have checked their credit first. Weeks past, my order are still not here. The tracking site keep letting you play endless puzzle game. Is this a scam website?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

This site is fraud site. I had ordered one men's blazer. First they delivered in 20 days that to very cheap quality and cost was 1300. They said, "Sorry for late delivery. We will give you shipping cost back" but they didn't. They just ignore. You can't even contact them on phone. Ticket facility is there but they itself resolve ticket without solving problem. The positive reviews are paid one so please don't buy anything from this website. China they also didn't refund me and they say to send the product to China with a fake address. This site should be spam and blocked as earliest.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

It took 3 months for the tattoo gun to arrive in New Zealand, from China. Looked like they just threw it in the post bag with no Instructions! I had no idea what to do with it. It doesn't come with a plug either. So after weeks of emails, I finally returned the stupid thing. I paid $66 NZ and they only refunded me $44 US. How rude is that? The Ink cups never turned up so I wasn't refunded for them. And when I asked for a refund for the postage I had to pay to send it back to China, they told me I would only get 50% refunded on the postage. That 50% of the US dollar which is a lot higher than the NZ dollar. This put me off buying online and as we all say, I wish I came here and read the reviews before I wasted my time and money on LightInTheBox.com. Never Again!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I made a purchase only after watching reviews on YouTube. Apparently, they perform great services to YouTubers to get good press, so they could further scam. I placed my order August 4th... one month and 3 days later, no word. I actually emailed them and they told me to contact them if I haven't received my package by September 17th... really?! I had a tracking number until August 10th and since then... NOTHING! China is a 13-20 hr flight, so I don't understand the 1 1/2 month wait. Anyway, I hope I get my package. That would be $400 I've wasted. I will never order from them again based on the processing/delivery time alone. Who knows what the product is going to look like when I get it. I wish I would've found this forum prior to placing my order.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

After one month trying to contact the customer services using Facebook (as our orders don't appear on the historic list of the site which forbids us also to get the invoices from our orders), we are sad to realize that there is no after sales service available to contact in any way, and that the local correspondents on Facebook just don't care about it. This is getting much too difficult to deal with a company which even doesn't give you a way to contact its customer services if a problem occurs on your delivered items. We will so in the future contact other suppliers to get this type of items.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Experience was horrible. I think this is some Chinese scammers. So, they keep on delaying the delivery of the package and I cannot even track it. I ordered it July 5 and still do not have it. Just do not use this one for online shopping, they are just gonna get your money for sure. And one thing, they do not have any customer phone number you can call to, that alone is already suspicious. But, sigh, well, lesson learned. Hope their website will be taken down.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I ordered the hand oil-painting wall picture from their website which showing the picture size I wanted. After paying everything with my visa card, the confirmation email was showing the picture size is different and they sent me wrong size one to my home. I talked to them many times regarding this matter, they asked me to pay postage myself which I did not agree to do this because they made mistake and they are supposed to take full responsibility. The argument end up with their ignoring and they closed our conversation without any notice. Very bad experience with them and I wasted nearly $150, but I will never order anything from them.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

Bought a dress from LightInTheBox and once arrived, quality was a total crap. Complained with photos and was asked in order to be refunded - send the product back to their logistics center. Did that - and all tickets were closed. Complained, and second ticket were closed. Complained again... do not think this will end well. No news from the LightInTheBox, silence. This company is crap, and has very bad service. They do not even target to serve the consumer - they just will take your money, and be silent with the problems. They have no quality control for the products they ship, but customer service that helps you with the problems. I would not advice to trust them.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I ordered a shawl in June for wedding in October. It tracked from country of origin on June 20. July 24 in country of destination. After that could be anywhere in the world. Contacted LightInTheBox and got 3 tickets (complaint resolution). All the same stock answer: "Sorry for the long delay...not normal. Check with your post office...after 60 days we will help" and on and on. I am fed up. I want my money back or the item in next week or filing a government complaint. DO NOT order from here. Especially if it is from a special occasion. It sounds like I have a month to get it but I need to have it made into a shrug and I am losing time especially since they do not even know where it is.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Company advertised 11-14 days shipping. 20+ days later, told me it could take up to 40 days because of the weather or customs. 40+ days elapsed with no delivery, so they simply updated estimated time to an outrageous estimate of 60 days. After asking for a refund, they simply stopped corresponding with me. This company is a ripoff and misrepresents their delivery time. I can't comment on the product because it didn't arrive. No refund and no product. They entice you with low prices, take your money and then make excuses. Stay away from LightInTheBox.com. P.S. They can however, be counted upon to send you daily emails trying to sell you stuff. This is the worst online company I've come across thus far.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I placed an order two play station 4 hand-free and never received it. After several email back and forth with customer services no solution, very unprofessional in practical. I told them I no more need item and refund me but they still told me to wait another 30 days :(

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I paid for expedited service to be shipped to me in 3 business days and received nothing. I put a ticket in and they make some excuse and end the letter by stating if I don't receive it by 9/22/2017 to contact them a month and a week later. These items were needed for class, I had a assessment and if know I wouldn't have received by the 15 as they confirm with a extra 20.00 price for expedited. I would've shopped elsewhere. These people are rip offs. Stay clear. Do not shop from them. They have no intention on good service. Very angry and out of 66.00 and a failed assessment due to not having supplies.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I ordered a router from them, which was marked 24 hours to ship and paid for 2 day delivery service. 4 days later, it was marked shipped - but strangely enough there was no tracking record showing that the carrier ever received it. I complained repeatedly, and when I got fed up and asked for a refund or chargeback, lo and behold, the carrier received it. 11 days later. I still don't have it, though. So this could get worse. They're scammers. Stay away.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Ordered XXXL women goat skin vest with fake fur as per the size chart. Item received but 25cm (bust size) smaller than the chart. Suspect the size tag was fake. Returned the item back to China which cost me $22. After 48 days they refund the price of vest $52 only. I lost total shipping cost of $41. Very upset & feel like have been cheated. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I ordered 3 no. SWIFT Outdoor inflatable loungers. Order No.: #** on Monday 10 July 2017 from LightInTheBox.com. I'd never used the company before, and I checked out the customer reviews (as I always do) - which seemed to show the supplier was OK. LightInTheBox.com specifically promised a delivery within 3-4 days. I needed the items for the following weekend, so this seemed to be just what I wanted. When the items didn't arrive on time, I went back to the company's website to find out why, only to discover a message that told me it wasn't possible to track the order, and I should refer back to where I had ordered it - which led nowhere! I started to wonder what was going on.

The delivery eventually arrived on 19 July - too late for the event I wanted to use them for, and when I opened the package, I discovered there were only two loungers, not three. I'd been done up like a kipper. £48.62 for 2 loungers, 5 days late! I sent an e-mail to the company on 23 July, asking for a refund of the delivery charges - which given their unsatisfactory performance, I thought was the least they could do. It's now 07 August, and I'm still waiting for a reply. DON'T USE THIS COMPANY. THEY'RE A BUNCH OF CON ARTISTS.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Quality and workmanship is very poor of the wedding dress. Their website do not list any phone numbers. Their ticket resolution process is not prompt and no follow-through. Tickets are closed without any resolution. Return workflow is very lengthy and cumbersome. Packaging do not have instructions on where to return the item. Product return form is never mailed. Repeated requests in vain. I would highly recommend PayPal not to do business with such a vendor that is not honest and do not know how to service their accounts.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I wish I had read this lot before I got conned into dealing with this bunch of thieves. All we were ordering was fidget spinners (the latest craze for kids). They took a lifetime to arrive, even though the site said 3-4 days, and then one of them fell to pieces inside 10 minutes. Good job their website is so carefully constructed to make complaining almost impossible, though from what I have seen on here they don't give one anyway. If you ever think of buying anything from this lot, for heaven's sake think again. Anywhere is better than here, unless you like wasting money.

LightInTheBox.com Company Information