LightInTheBox.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I order my package on 10/28. Wait until 11/29. They email me to track my order, but when checking the tracking of my package, tracking said items not found. Contact them on 11/21 to 11/23, they told me to contact them back after 11/26. So as I'm writing this review at 11/29, I haven't received my package. I tried to send them 4 email but no response from them. And I see my order status is resolved mark down from they customers service. That means I lost my money. This is a scam business. I will contact my credit card company to see if they can get my money back.

Bought a smartphone with them. A Redmi Note - Android 4.4 - 4G-smartphone. It's so good. It has the same functions as a Galaxy S6, but only for a third of the price. Delivery was very fast! I insured my order for a small amount and all the extra costs (customs) were reimbursed without any problems. Very happy with this purchase and their service. Recommended!!!

I've been a long term customer of this online store, and I must say they never let me down. Quality is always good, shipping fast, thorough packaging. Delivery takes about 30 days if it's economy shipping. We have rather high customs duty on import above 25 euros, but this site offers optional duty refund which is extremely convenient for me. In my last order I've purchased a custom made wedding dress and it was a huge bargain. I've received an awesome dress for a rather low price. I would have never found anything so beautiful for such a price in my local shops. It's a really nice and reliable store. I would advise everybody to give it a try.

I ordered some stuffs (a cellphone, cosmetics, a sweatshirt, and 2 earphones). The cellphone and the earphones came very fast, but the cosmetics was delivered 2-3 months after and the sweatshirt was 6 months after. The products are really good, but the delivery is very slow for products that are not electronics. By the way, they went with a tax that cost 100% of the price that I did already pay. I didn't know that I could be reimbursed, so I've lost the proof of the tax. I didn't care so much about it because the cellphone was very cheap (I live in Brazil, it cost like 30% of the price that I would pay in Brazil). So, even with the delay and the tax, I still shopping and trusting in them.

I ordered an item on the 30th October and the next day the tracking service stated it was on its way. This didn't change for days and then it was updated on their site on 5th November to say it was on its way. On the 16th I filed a complaint online to LightInTheBox. The response was apologetic and they stated they had contacted the supplier to tell them to send it priority, and stated that if the item was not delivered by 24th October then to contact them. At the same time LightInTheBox changed the status of the complaint to 'resolved'.

I immediately wrote back to say that nothing was resolved. They then responded with a wait until 24th Oct statement. I kept checking the delivery/tracking status and wrote again to them and on the 22nd to ask what was happening the item was showing on the tracking to still be in China. They then stated that it can take up to 30 days (the initial delivery schedule was stated as 5-8 days). Also if I no longer needed the product then they would provide a refund. On the 23rd and 24th I requested them to cancel the order and make a refund, and again on the 24th. On the 25th I sent another message asking if I would ever hear from them again. To date 26th there has been no further response from them, nothing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

Will never deal with this company again after being promised a refund and never seeing it despite several reminders. They use very nice lighting and photoshop techniques to make their products look good. The reality is they are ugly and smell of cheap plastic. I was also sent the wrong size, the fault being on their end.

I ordered a pair of shoes in a particular size. They sent the shoes in a different size. Sadly I was not able to make my feet larger, so the shoes were of no use. I had to return the shoes to China at my cost. What fun.

Excellent experience. Everything on time and as it was written before ordering. The shoes look great, I bought them for my girlfriend and informations on site were very helpful for me to choose right size and heel.

The product was more than what I had checked and the quality was good as well. As for the price which was unbeatable. I've always had doubt when it comes to purchasing items online, but since my experience here I even had to reorder some other items. Great to shop... love it! The reason for this review is to let others know if they had doubt with light in the box they should not and for delivery on point.

I have ordered several times with them, because that is how many times they have made mistakes that has resulted in rewards and credits via their damn store. I had to use my money because getting a cash refund is a near impossible task! Here are few sample responses that anyone who has had to go through with them can relate to.

"We're sincerely sorry that we replied you incorrectly. We've received your items returned: **. We will arrange the full refund (62.91 AUD) for you as soon as possible." "We know it is out fault for refund both **. We terribly sorry for the mistake." <-- Items were meant to be a replacement. I shipped it to the address given to me, but instead they refunded it so that I would have to again pay for shipping and reorder the items! TWICE!

They are always polite with their responses but they have no clue what you have just written to them. I reordered my items plus other items, this time, they have a delay on the SAME coat! Now instead of sending me all the other 6 items first and then sending the coat out at a later date, they decided to hold hostage all of my items. When questioned, they told me to cancel the order! So basically, they will hold my items hostage unless I cancel the order for the last item. Seriously, this company will kill you with their politeness and reward systems if it could! Still fighting to stop them from giving me rewards and just give me my money back!

When ordering lipstick, the colours don't always essentially seem to be the colour displayed on the screen. I chose two colours and one was out of stock - I was told with an hour of placing the order, then they gave 4-5 different options, so I had a look and chose another colour. I was absolutely stunned at how brilliant the colour I chose was. It was exactly what I wanted. With LightInTheBox I always get what I pay for, any problems are dealt with fast and I've been shopping there for about a year now!!! I highly recommend it!

Beware of LightInTheBox as they cheat and scam. On October 26th I ordered shoes from this company. Size I ordered was 42. Shoes that arrived were size 36, wrong colour from what I ordered, wrong material and rubbish quality. Also I had to pay high import tax. All could be 'forgiven' if at least the size was right. When I confronted this company that they had shipped the wrong size, they acknowledged they had shipped the wrong size and then plainly refused to do anything about it or take any responsibility. Refund was simply denied and my complaint marked "solved". In my opinion this website is purely cheating. Stay away from them as far as possible. Zero accountability and they will ship to you whatever rubbish product is in front of them at the time.

I have been looking for security cameras in order to make sure that my family is safe while I am not at home with them. I found this security camera, and ordered them right away. I received them WAY before I thought I would. They were very easy to install and they work extremely well. I could not be happier with this product, as well as with the service that I received!!!

I ordered an Xiaomi Mi band 2 from LightInTheBox. The product is much more than I expected. I was a little skeptical about the product originality. However the product is working fine with the official MI fit app that means it is original. I am extremely satisfied with the product however delivery took too long i.e. almost 30 days with free shipping.

Hi. I order 2 tablets A90 on LightInTheBox. The shipping is very fast. They send in one day and delivery in 7 days. The packages is very good and safe. The tablets work well. I will buy again from shop LightInTheBox. The service is very good.

Thanks. My item was received. Packaging was good and the item arrived in good condition without any damages. I am happy and pleased with the item, its time and packaging. Quality could be much better though.

I ordered a pair of shark competition swim shorts from them. They confirmed the purchase and sent me tracking info. I expedited delivery and was supposed to receive the item in 3 business days. A week rolled by and you looked at the tracking, but it was still processing??? I immediately tried to find out how to contact customer service but there was no number and the ONLY WAY TO contact them was through email. I of course did this and to my chagrin, they did not answer me.

Another week goes by and I see that my item is still "processing"? I find out that this company is located in China, but that crucial information was not listed on the site. Luckily, I purchased with PayPal! I call PP right then and explained to them what happened. They filled me in on the 411 that this company does this kind of thing a lot. I made a complaint and they returned my money the next day! Thank god for PayPal! DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BE SORRY!

Ordered a dress for my daughter's competition in advance. Paid for a fast delivery 5-8 days!!! The company instantly charged my credit card on October 16. Today is November 07, no package. Every time I write them they tell me different day of my package arrival. Just now they wrote the delivery is expected on November 11! These people are using our money for their businesses and not caring about service at all. Or even about delivering what you paid for! AVOID them, they are not worth anyone's nerves! DO NOT GIVE THEM YOU MONEY!!! They are deceivers!!!

I purchased tapware for Australian upon payment and delivery I noted the product was note certified for use in Australia. I contacted LightInTheBox who agreed to provide a full refund for my total order ($AUD1,450). Upon exploring return shipping options I contacted them to advise my only option was DHL which would cost $AUD1,000. They advised me to proceed and agreed to refund $AUD2,500 once received in China. My goods arrived in China, and DHL advised they were "stuck" in customs. They then updated me that they had made contact with LightInTheBox who asked for the shipment to be redirected to an address in Hong Kong. I contacted LightInTheBox immediately who replied that was okay, as they also had a warehouse in Hong Kong. I received written notification from DHL of delivery, including the address it was sent to and the name of the individual who signed for the package.

Since that day, on 27th September, I have continually asked LightInTheBox to process my refund. The only reply I receive is that they are trying to locate my package, and that their logistics manager is looking into it. I don't believe they have any intention of acknowledging receipt of the returned goods, or providing a refund for either the returned products or the shipping costs incurred, despite their agreement to do so.

On September 27, 2016 I ordered 1 package of Super Shiny Eye Shadow #04765706 for $9.89, and 6 packages of False Eyelashes #02338957 for $9.53 for a total of $19.03 + $1.67 shipping. I paid $20.70. My credit card was charged but the products were received. I filed a complete through the message forum of LightInTheBox website and they simply responded that the products were shipped. They asked for tracking information.

You see, this is where they get you. You can purchase tracking or opt out of tracking. I did not purchase tracking. It's a scam! If you do not purchase tracking then they never actually ship any product. They will not reply to any additional correspondence I have sent. I requested a refund since no products were ever received. They simply ignored my request and have not responded. I will never give LightInTheBox.com another penny of my money. I suggest no other consumer purchase from them either unless you just don't need your hard-earned money.

I ordered a Halloween costume for my son and a couple things for the wife. I paid $44.31 and never got a confirmation number or order number but the money was removed from my account? There is no possible way to get to customer service without an order number which I never received! No other numbers or contacts... It was placed on 10-7-2016 and again nothing. They don't even show it in my order history but my credit card sure did.

This was my first time shopping at LightInTheBox.com. I was looking for a product from a local site to be assured of a quick delivery. The product I bought costs 48.99 Euros, plus about 14.78 Euros for shipping. I received it quickly (in 2 days) but was charged 27 Euros in taxes for the product. It was an opened box! It was a used article!

I also had no idea it came from a foreign country - as there is no indication of this anywhere on the website, or upon checkout. I only found out from the delivery person charging me that in The Netherlands, ALL LightInTheBox products go through customs - and the recipients eventually taxed. LightInTheBox should be transparent about where the products are shipped from. I had the notion that it was just a regular local website. This is a misrepresentation of this business.

Well ordered credit card knives for Christmas and here it is Oct of the next year and still do not have them. No phone number to actually get a person to talk to and email seems to get you nowhere. They show they were delivered after several email but of course not true. I would stay clear from this site. Shady business when no phone number is offered! No customer service! The product was cheap that I ordered but still expected to get it and nothing!

First and foremost - it took 4 weeks to receive my Order, which comprised a Halloween Mask and several Men’s Dress Shirts. I thought the company might be suspicious when it took 15 days to even get a Shipped Notice with Tracking number, and then I noticed my order was being shipped by Yanwen express freight – BIG RED FLAG. They charged my Credit Card the very same day I orders, but didn’t ship for 2 weeks – STRIKE ONE!

Secondly – Size LARGE is actually size EXTRA SMALL. I can sometimes wear Medium as I have a trim fit, but I couldn’t even get my arms through the sleeves! Being that this company is suspect to poor customer service, it doesn’t make sense to try and return for a refund; my time is more valuable than fighting with these people for a return - STRIKE TWO! Last but not least – The products are garbage or of poor quality - STRIKE THREE! 3 Strikes. You’re Out with me!!

Purchased a petticoat that was supposed to be one size fits all and knee length and when it arrived it was about 10" long and would fit a 5 year old and did NOT arrive by the date it was promised! When I attempted to return it they told me I had to pay a very HIGH freight cost to return it and they would give me 30% of the cost back when it arrived. In other words, I pay $50 to return it and they give me back $3.95 of all the money I already spent. These chinese are so unreasonable. I will NEVER do business with this company or any others again!!!

I purchased several dresses. I ordered much larger than normal and they are still too small. Add to that the quality makes Kmart look stellar. So I wish to return. Now what - well you much log in. Conveniently (for them), their computer does not recognize my email. Thus I cannot log in. One cannot call - there is no phone. The return page is a lesson in technology - check out their customer services (not) page - it's ridiculous. I buy every item of clothing these days online. I have not come up against a company this bad in years. STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS POSSIBLE. I will be reporting this to the post office for mail fraud.

I can't comment on the product I ordered yet because after 2 weeks, I have not received it. I did not know this was coming from China. If you need something by a certain date, do not order from here, they cannot give you a reliable delivery date!

Never ordered from this company. After a terrible experience at TracFone; with purchase of Bring your own Smart Phone SIM Kit; I declined using Tracfone and went ahead with continuing service with Verizon Wireless. Tracfone has my previous service payment card number plus my cell phone number. I gave no permission to use either. I checked the balance on my bank card to discover Lightinbox San Jose CA had ripped off my account for $321.99. Are there two different companies? Lightinbox or Lightinthebox? I've asked the bank to stop payment but fear they will hit again so I have to do a card cancellation. Please look into these companies as I do not want others to receive fraudulent claims as I have. Thank you.

On 20 Sep 2016, I used PayPal to pay for my LightInTheBox order. Learning it would not ship until some time in Oct, I cancelled the order on 24 Sep. LightInTheBox has acknowledged the cancellation, but says my PayPal refund will take 3 to 5 days to process. This transaction was less then $40. I can understand a few hours, but not days to process.

I ordered a dress for a wedding. According to the shipping agreement the dress would arrive 3-5 days. Not true. I inquired 6 days later and they said it would take 3-5 more days. Over two weeks. This company is not reliable. If the item is not in stock they should advise the customer. It sucks they took my money and now I have no dress!!! Do not use this company. They are not reliable.

LightInTheBox.com Company Profile