3.7/5 (743 ratings)

About LightInTheBox.com

LightInTheBox is a global online retailer based in Hong Kong known for discounts on a wide variety of clothes, gadgets and home goods. At the time of publishing, LightInTheBox has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars from 549 qualified reviewers. Although a majority of these consumers were satisfied, some reviewers reported issues with customer service. Its website is available in multiple languages, including English, French and Spanish.

Pros

• Frequent discounts
  • Rewards program
  • Large selection

Cons

• Limited returns
  • High shipping costs

Bottom Line

LightInTheBox offers a huge, often discounted selection of clothing, home goods, beauty products and tech, but many reviewers had trouble receiving their orders or getting full refunds for missing products.

Top LightInTheBox.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Highly recommended store with a fast and excellent service. I purchased an article and when I had a problem with local customs, LightInTheBox promptly solved my problem without he...

Verified

LightlnTheBox clothing shop online is the absolute best, very quick shipping, exactly as picture and described items, the best price. And they even offer coupons. I am repeat cust...

What is LightInTheBox?

Among the more than 1,000 new products added to LightInTheBox daily, you can find:

• Women’s, men’s and children’s clothing
  • Swimsuits and recreational wear
  • Shoes, jewelry and watches
  • Makeup, hair extensions and nail polish
  • Costumes, board games, puzzles and dolls
  • Home decor, wall art and textiles
  • Gardening tools and patio accessories
  • Security devices
  • Auto parts
  • Laptops, cell phones, tablet cases and wireless chargers

You can shop the store by product type or from sections like "New Arrivals" and "Best Sellers."

The company offers a rewards program that gives rewards equal to 1% of the net purchase amount on any qualifying order or during any qualifying promotional purchase.

Orders arrive within three to 20 business days, depending on the shipping time you select.

LightInTheBox.com prices

Many reviewers report being attracted to the affordable pricing on LightInTheBox.com. It varies as widely as the selection does — cycling gloves may cost $7.20, while a wedding dress can be priced at $314.99.

LightInTheBox.com frequently hosts flash sales on its site, and it often offers a discount if you make your purchase through its app.

LightInTheBox.com FAQ

Is LightInTheBox legit?
Yes. LightInTheBox was founded in 2007, trades on the New York Stock Exchange, and serves customers all over the world. Some reviewers who have reported difficulty with customer service say the company has cleared up their issue. Others remain dissatisfied.
Where does LightInTheBox ship from?
Products from LightInTheBox.com ship globally from China. The cost of shipping depends on the package’s destination.
How long does it take for LightInTheBox to deliver?
Because LightInTheBox.com ships globally, delivery times vary considerably. The average delivery time is between three and 20 business days.
How much is LightInTheBox shipping?
Shipping costs vary based on the shipping method and your location. Once you begin checkout on LightInTheBox’s website, you can see the shipping cost options for your items.

Is LightInTheBox trustworthy?

For shoppers who want to browse and purchase a variety of products on one website, LightInTheBox.com is a great choice. A majority of customers are satisfied with LightInTheBox’s diverse offerings and discounted prices on everything from children’s pajamas to cell phone chargers to fishing lures. A minority have been frustrated by LightInTheBox’s product quality, return policy or shipping costs.

LightInTheBox.com could be worth it if you want to shop for everything from children’s pajamas to cell phone chargers to fishing lures at discounted prices.

LightInTheBox.com Reviews

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I was more or less "gifting" myself with getting my Fiance some lingerie... Every Guy does that it seems.. hahah.. Anyway. Victorias Secret is.. well.. expensive... and needing to save money, thought I would look around, check reviews by other customers, and go from there. LightInTheBox came up on some searches, and I went shopping.

The prices are incredibly reasonable... I kind of doubted the products would be VS equal, but at half to 1/3 the price, I would rather "try out" a few, see how my Fiance likes or dislikes them, and go from there. Well sizing on her is a bit tough. She is tiny.. an XS in most things, but, these "one size" were still clingy/tight enough, that the look and fit her fine. She has curves, she is just small, lol.. She liked the various bottoms, lacey all-in-one's, stretchy tops.. Only one top was just a tad still big, but, she said it's one she would like to wear Over another t-shirt or short top, so it would be fine.

Material isn't itchy and feels fine in most areas. Again, being small, it's unlikely she would have any "tight" issues with "one size" kind of garment, so please take that into account. I love the looks, love the design.. She was pleased i thought to get her some sexy garments, as we have a trip to Italy at Christmas, and said she will take all of them with her...

You can't beat the price, longevity?? I can't speak to, only worn 1x or 2x so far. wash delicate or by hand (She would no matter what, as with all her dainty items..).

I already bought more items from this company, and will be one of my new "go-to" places in the future.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Sometimes you never know how something that sounds a bit too "reasonable" will be when it arrives. Colors? Sizing? How it feels? Well, I already got some items and went back for more. I found some great hoodies for my Great nephew, more turtlenecks for myself, and other items. I tried some on immediately, and the fit was very good. I need to lose a few pounds for my height, but overall, it was as good a fit as any other item I've gotten out of a Kohls, or Belks, Dillards etc. Clothing is soft, no "catching" on your skin. Colors are very nice, vibrant, appear to be accurate.

You do have to watch the sizes though, and adjust your order accordingly. That is the only real drawback. You would think a Large is a Large for you in every item... Not so. You might need an XL in this... a Large in that... and possibly even a Medium in another. The NUMBERS come out the same, when you look to the sizing they use, so why they change from one item to another, is confusing. But... so long as you pay attention, keep your OWN size consistent, (I am a 42 Reg in jackets, suits, etc.) you simply look that up in the sizing chart, and choose accordingly. So other than that odd variable from one item to another (not always, some DO go from Large to large to large, just not all), you won't go wrong. Shipping was quick, I've made two orders so far, and after the holidays, will probably be back for next spring and summer. Easy to recommend.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I've been using LightInTheBox on and off for a couple of years, as they became one of my go-to online places to find amazing items. What I appreciate most is their prices are fairly reasonable, and although there can be some items for low, they do offer decent quality of products. The shipping isn't much of an issue, but even with the processing fees and estimated shipping labeled clearly, they do not guarantee it would arrive within that timeframe window. There has been a few times where I was looking forward to receiving my purchase, for it to take a bit longer than expected to arrive, so I'd always advise to have patience because it can experience delay in shipping.

I haven't bought a lot of items, mostly things in the women's accessories and children's toy area, so I cannot speak on other products available. Customer service is great, their agents are knowledgeable and a great help when needed. I do wish they can offer live chat to cut down on support ticket time when you have a simple question about an item prior to purchasing. There's an extensive F.A.Q. area in various categories, but sometimes I'd prefer communicating directly with a person. That's my only gripe about the company. Overall, definitely a place to spend your money when you want good quality items for much less.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I discovered LITB when ordering shirts to wear for tennis. Their selection of shirts available is extraordinary! They must have literally thousands. However, there are 2 main things to be very careful about: sizing and quality, but especially sizing. I usually wear a US men's MED shirt or a US 38. With my 1st orders, I ordered accordingly without paying particular attention to their Sizing Charts and that was a mistake: the MED shirts I eventually received barely fit my wife who usually wears a women's SM. I eventually learned to pay VERY close attention to every item's sizing chart when ordering anything. For me, on many of the shirts, as they are coming from China, I had to order XL to be the equivalent fit of a US men's MED.

Second, I found that some of the shirts looked really good for the initial wear, but after laundering 1-2x, they really deteriorated, especially in the collar for polo-style shirts. Others held up fine to repeated laundering. Some of the shirts were made of a thin rayon/polyester type of material similar to what you might describe as "DryTech" which wore very well in the hot Florida summer weather and dried quickly. However, others are made of a heavier knit type of polyester material that I feel is too thick to wear in hot weather. The problem is that there is no way of knowing which shirt will arrive made of which type of material or whether it will or won't stand up to laundering: it's literally hit or miss. The only other things to be aware of is that everything ships from China so if you're used to getting things next day or in 2-3 days from, say, Amazon, this is NOT that: shipments can take 3 weeks.

Consequently, if you're used to easy returns, say, thru Amazon, this is also NOT THAT. You pay for shipping both ways and you have to be aware of that. The prices are really quite good, but you have to factor in shipping costs and the relative difficulty of doing returns. I guess the best way of trying to determine the quality of what you are planning on ordering is to carefully look at the Reviews. I've also had the experience of ordering shoes/sandals. One pair that looked v. nice in the photos. Arrived like a VERY cheap, thin almost slipper, whereas in the same order, the sandals I got were great! To sum up: "There's No Free Lunch" - you get ENORMOUS selection and good/great prices, but quality of product is very variable and shipping is not what we're used to in the US.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I absolutely love LightInthebox for tights, however I was surprised that I had to pay duty fees. I got my tights on sale but now it defeats the purpose. I had to pay almost $40 in duty fees. I highly recommend them but next time I will only order one at a time as they get mailed this way

LightInTheBox.com response

Dear Kimberly

This is Bloo, supervisor of customer service.

I learned that your are charged duty fee by Custom and you had sold them out.

I need to mention that we provide tariff insurance service and actually you had ordered this service when you placed the order, therefore, If you provide your invoice we could refund you the amount.

I have created a ticket#25063496 for your issue, would you please login your litb account and reply when you feel free?

Sincerely
    Bloo

Customer Service

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

Overall, I was satisfied with the quality of this coat for the price. I usually wear a large in coats for layering so I opted for the 3XL per the size guide. It was perfect. I wish the pockets were a little bigger. I would recommend if you are looking for a nice quality lightweight parka.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

The prices were amazing considering especially the quality. Unfortunately I ordered all the dresses too small. I am reordering a couple of them again. I hope to return the smaller ones or give away to a few friends. Very pleased with delivery speed and quality and prices.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

I just love this outfit. It is really cute and sexy.. stretchy and comfortable. I weigh 160 and could have went with a size large. The ring I got is beautiful and it looks the real deal..you will not be disappointed!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

The shirt fit well and was very cool! I am going to do a larger order now that I’m comfortable with the company. The shipping even came in before the promised date. So overall I am very happy with the order and the company!! Thank you!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

The turtlenecks were very soft to the touch. I was very impressed. They will make great Christmas gifts. They arrived in time to be wrapped and delivered. Thanks for your prompt service. I plan to use this company again! Maybe for an upcoming birthday.

LightInTheBox.com Company Information