LightInTheBox.com

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered ONE product. A baby monitoring camera that was specifically meant to link to any of your tablets or smart phone via wi-fi in order to not have any cumbersome cords etc. They sent us the wrong product. I guess I can say at least they managed to send a camera! But it is completely the WRONG one! But joke's on them because the one we ordered was a simple $30 camera and they ended up sending us a MUCH nicer DVR camera home security system (approx. $130)! The only problem is that it requires setup and cords.

I am not even going to bother contacting customer service about this mix-up (especially after reading all the horror stories about how there really ISN'T one anyway). I think we might just end up selling it online or to a friend to get our money back. Our purchase did come in a timely manner BUT it's too bad it was the WRONG thing! Ultimately, I wouldn't recommend anyone use this website!

Horrible - paid premium for 24 Russian Piping Tips to decorate cakes and when I received the package, it only contained 12 tips and the bag inside the mailing envelope had a huge tear. Meaning it was defective from the factory before it was even sent. How could they have not noticed it? Plus, I could not log into my account (had no account even though I had received merchandise) but I found a way to send notice. So I get an email stating that they had sent another and if I didn't receive it to let them know - except I did NOT receive anything and I have no way of contacting them because for some reason I do not have any order under my name. There is no way to contact the company so I am escalating it to PayPal. Hopefully they can get my money back. It's no wonder I do not order anything online!!

I've received after almost 3 month the shoes and then paid 50% more to the customs/taxes etc... I'm living in Canada. The customer service will be prompt and say whatever you want to hear, but in time, don't expect to speed up. The photos are good and the quality is the second hand. The price is small. What can you expect!? IF you order have patience and wait for couple of months when you'll have the products from them. I think for duty free and taxes you should buy the insurance (I've declined) and I am not sure, but possible you get exempt for duty free.

I ordered a dress on February 14th and never received it. I cancelled my order (since it has not even been processed). It's a trap people! You only have 24 hours to cancel an order and even if you never get it? They will not give you a full refund. They won't make the item until you've paid for it. It takes 20 days to get said item but you can only refund it 24 hours after you paid for it. This is a scam! A total ripoff! Run away fast!!! Look at all the other bad reviews if you don't believe me!

The buying process is perfect. There is the possibility of adding shipping insurance, which means that you will be refunded the customs costs. They always give you an answer and try to leave you satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LightInTheBox.com?

I ordered an ice skating dress on Jan 25th for my daughter's competition on March 5th. Figured this gave me plenty of time to receive and decide if the dress I ordered will work. The website said it would be 5-8 business days which would have meant I would receive no later than February 3rd. To make a long story short, they "said" they shipped the dress around February 24th but it was shipped back because delivery would not ship to a post office box. The website did not indicate this when I ordered it. They sent me an email and text that didn't give me any info only to click on a link which every time I did the links did not work. I searched over and over for a contact phone number in which I could not find and I could never log into a "message" I needed to read in my account. Finally, once I did it was already 4 days before my daughter's competition.

Once I found out what happened I sent them an email telling them I want a refund since it was now pointless. I never received a refund, today is March 11th and I just received an email today stating the order once again is being shipped and to click on a link to view shipping status. When I click on the link yet again I get a message telling me the link longer exists. It also said it would be delivered by March 8th and to contact them if not. This is the worst place I have ever ordered online. Can't contact them and they take your money and refuse to refund and ignore the request to cancel. I will go back to ordering from the legit company I've ordered from in the past and the skate shop I ended up getting my daughter's competition dress for her competition that is now over. The dress was $80 and I want my money back!

I ordered my product in January 18. I knew the shipping will be slow because the products come from China. I waited, and waited, and waited. Two months went by before I got two of the three products that I bought. The other one is still processing to this date! To be honest, the quality is better than expected, and the products looks the same as in the picture. I knew that their sizes run small, so I order 4XL and they were still a bit small, but not too small. Their customer service does not do anything except making promises and apologizing for the "inconveniences".

I know some of you will read this review and still want to order from them; therefore, I will give you these advice: If you have an event and you decide to buy from them, order from them at least 3 months before your event. Get ready to wait a looong time for your order. If you order clothes, make sure to add at least 3 sizes to what your actual size is. I wear Large, I ordered 4 XL. The quality is not "Good", it is "OK".

I order a package well over a month ago. It has not arrived. They said that they had been busy and it would be here by today. Still, the package has not arrived. They also said that they would not refund the money but give credit.

I ordered several products from this company recently. I kept one and would like to return the other two and receive a refund. I have written to the customer service for a return ticket. I still didn't get a response from this company. I am stuck with two products I don't want. This is so unfair. They sell clothes that are labeled LX too small.

I purchased a dress in December last year. It arrived very quickly which was great but the sizing was wrong. I contacted LightInTheBox (via email) and they said if I returned it they would refund my money. I did just that, I went to the post office and sent it back to them via tracked airmail and I have kept all receipts of this. When I got notification that my parcel had arrived at their warehouse, I waited a few days for them to contact me which they didn't so I contacted them. They informed me they had not received my parcel and would not be refunding me anything. I provided them with the receipts stating they had in fact received them and now they keep sending me the same emails saying they never received my email and can I send it again. This has been going on since the 7th of January. The dress cost me AU$200 + the cost of sending it back. This has been my worst online experience ever. Extremely unhappy.

I ordered a mother of the bride dress using the measurements provided by this company. When the dress arrived not only was it too large but the color was incorrect. In addition, It took almost 3 weeks and several emails to find out where the dress was and when it would arrive. As to no hassle returns as their website touts, that did not happen. They first suggested I have the dress altered and they would give me 20 percent off the price. When I told them the color was wrong too, they told me computers are different and could be the reason for the different color. They wanted me to take photos of the dress in natural light and send it to them. I refused and requested my no hassle refund.

After a week and multiple emails to the company they gave me 3 choices: 50 percent refund, and return the dress at my expense, 2nd 71 percent exchange for future purchase and return the dress at my expense and third points on their site for future purchases and return the dress at my expense. I learned a very hard lesson here: NEVER deal with foreign companies because what they say and what they deliver may be two different things. I did call my credit card company who is going to contact the company and try to have my money refunded. MY ADVICE DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM LIGHTINTHEBOX!!!

I never write reviews due to lack of time which is why I ordered via internet. I ordered from this site knowing nothing about it... big mistake. I ordered 2 coats over two months ago. Just got tracking info currently shipping out of China. It will be summer by the time the coats arrive here. A couple of weeks after I ordered I received call from American Express fraud protection that charges had been attempted with my AmEx number in Japan. I had used my American Express for this purchase. This was the only unusual place I had used this card. I'm definitely linking the two together. I will update when/if I ever receive the coats. I will not use the site again as it takes too long for items to arrive, greater than 2 months is extreme. I don't have confidence in the site/company secondary to the issue with my credit card account. Lesson learned, read customer reviews before wasting time ordering from internet store based in another country.

I paid for expedited shipping, which they said would take 2-4 days. When my package didn't arrive, they told me it normally takes a week. Why did I pay extra? The stuff comes from China which always takes longer than anything - I've never gotten anything in less than 2 weeks - if I'm lucky. I still haven't received my order.

Ordered a pair of light-up shoes for my daughter for her birthday in early February. Site says 10-20 business days. Shoes never arrived, so I emailed them. "Oops," says they. "The shoes were returned to us by Customs." REALLY?? I call SHENANIGANS on that excuse! Wonder if they were going to tell me, or just leave me hanging out there waiting for shoes that weren't ever going to arrive? At least they offered a refund. It's too late to get them in time for her birthday now.

I ordered a Jr. bridesmaid dress and a flower girl dress from this company the first week of February. I understood that it would take time to ship. When I received the package the bridesmaid's dress was great. Really nice quality. However the other item I received was WRONG. It was a white hoop skirt??? I did not receive the tulle ballgown. I have been around and around with them trying to resolve this issue. All I get back is that my package was received... Thank you come again BS! I am livid! Obviously they packed the wrong item and expect me to pay $39.99 for a freaking hoop skirt I DO NOT NEED. Buy at your own risk. Pray they get it right or you'll be stuck without your correct items. I will NEVER buy from them again. EVER!!!

I ordered a painting via this website. After around 3 weeks of waiting I eventually received a letter from HMRC stating I'd need to pay a chunk of change in import duty!! The duty was over half of the price of the painting and when I quizzed LightInTheBox they simply said this can happen and that I *should* have taken out additional insurance. That was the first time I'd even heard of potential import issues! They then claimed they would refund half of the duty money - and even when I reluctantly agreed, they just didn't do it. I chased several times awaiting a PayPal refund, greeted with complete silence. This is a very dodgy company behind a glossy veneer and fancy website. If you are in the UK and wondering about placing an order, DON'T!!! There's a reason it's that cheap, and not a good one.

Excellent products. My wife and I ordered shoes, clothes and a nunchuck for Wii station at the beginning of January. Prices were very convenient, website easy to use. Order arrived within 2 weeks as agreed. Nice experience.

I ordered a dress for my daughter to wear for figure skating. I ordered it about 2 weeks before she needed it and paid for the expedited shipping to make sure it arrived in time. It said 3-6 business days for processing and 2-3 days for shipping. I contacted them when it got to the time it should have arrived and it hadn't even shipped. They promised me it would ship by a certain date (well after we needed it), so I cancelled the order. They didn't charge me and we bought another dress elsewhere. I swore to myself I wouldn't use them again.

Now she needs another costume and we found one on that site that would be perfect and we couldn't find anything else she liked as much. I decided to give them one more shot and ordered the dress. This time I have a month, so I'm hoping we have better luck. I'm going to come up with a backup plan so I'm not left scrambling at the last minute. If it's allowed, I will update my review if I get a better result this time.

I ordered a ski helmet for an upcoming ski trip. To make sure that I received it in time, I paid extra to have it delivered within 5-12 days. It is now 4 weeks since I ordered, and did not received the item. All they said when I complained was that I should be patient. And they refused to reimburse me, claiming that they will do it only when I send the item back (how can I do it when I never received it). Never had such problems with AliExpress or dx.com. Stay away from these crooks.

I love the customer service how they can resolve any issue that may come up with the shipping and delivery of your products. They are very well informed and on their game, plus the prices and the variety of the items that they have in stock.

I have used LightInTheBox on many occasions and found their product selection to be very good. However, I would not advise to use them if you are looking for exceptional quality or quick delivery, as a lot of products (especially clothing) are not very durable and some items are often out of stock, which you may not be told at the time of purchase. Also, many sites have a policy of not charging your credit card until the order is fulfilled. LITB is not one of them and resolving unfulfilled orders could be difficult, as they do not have a phone number to call, only an online support ticket service, which is not always responsive.

I purchased a set of curtains (two panels). I only received one. They are asking for a picture (what of the missing curtain?) Ridiculous. They asked for the weight of the package (it was sheer curtains, they are the weight of air and were shipped with 4 other items of weight, which, by the way, weren't acceptable either) and still after weeks of going back and forth, I still haven't received my other curtain panel. Do you think I would put myself through this much aggravation if it wasn't missing! And the other thing was I bought a doggie sweater that was supposed to be an extra large and if it fits a small toy poodle, it would be a miracle. They wanted a picture of that too. So I put that sweater on top of the back of my 55 lb. dog and sent a picture. They are making this so difficult and most unpleasant experience! I just want the other curtain I paid for and refund for the dog sweater. Please help!

Good quality and affordable prices. I got some shirts for my son there in the end of December. With DHL shipping I received it within a week. Quality was really good, stitching was done neatly. My son liked it a lot. I had to pay customs duty, but as I opted for shipping insurance I had it refunded to my bank account. Customer Service was really helpful and refunded customs fee within a few days.

I purchased YWXLIGHT® LED light bulbs from LightInTheBox. Performance of the bulbs was much less than advertised. Subsequent communication with the company was almost impossible. I ended up having to keep the bulbs. After two months some are already malfunctioning (i.e. lighting dull or intermittent) but there is no warranty offered. On their website the product specifies >30,000 hours lifetime. Their website also only shows the good reviews and I know this because my negative review was removed. In conclusion: their marketing ethics are unconscionable and they are not a trustworthy company. Buyer beware.

I decided to write a review about LightInTheBox.com as it was a good experience and really a nice shop that I found by chance. Actually it looks like many other famous internet shops but what surprised me is that they have a very fast delivery. Up to 2 weeks for a usual mail service without Express Post. Any complaints and questions are solved and answered very fast. I have already ordered different items and things for many times and always stay satisfied with price and quality. Once they sent the wrong order but also solved the problem fast and returned money in two business days for a new purchase.

I purchased 2 red LED light bulbs to use in a the display part of a flame effect fire. The price wasn't my initial concern just the fact they were LED therefore low power and hopefully safe. It took weeks for anything to arrive despite constant emails I was sent advising of dispatch and pushing more offers. Only one arrived finally... In a flimsy plastic bag & the crushed box was empty. The bulb was floating free in the packet. It had the cheapest opaque plastic bulb 'case' which was totally detached from the metal fitting and its wires were all exposed and detached in places from the circuit board inside. The other bulb never materialised. I filled in the appropriate form, submitting photo as required and waited.

After a first French language response I was finally emailed and promised a refund & was given an assurance they'd investigate the shoddy dangerous quality of the bulb(s) with their supplier. I was told the refund would be in my PayPal account in 3-5 working days but over a week later I still had to chase them. They instantly close all routes of access to Customer Service once They feel They have resolved your complaint, so I had to email their corporate address in order to get an answer. They've just emailed to say I need to 'claim' this refund by clicking on another page and request it's repaid into my PayPal acc etc. Not originally explained in the offer for a refund. I noticed my original payment for 2.94 was being refunded by a payment of 1.94 (admittedly it's a small sum but it's the principle!).

I have never had to work so hard to get any satisfaction when purchasing things online. This messing about and poor quality customer service and sale of dangerous goods is all going on whilst this company sends relentless adverts and pushy sales emails to you. It's maddening. Please please NEVER EVER BUY FROM Lightinthebox no matter how glossy their ads, tempting their prices or friendly they appear. They are a shambolic company at best or as I'm inclined to believe a front for grabbing cash and fobbing folk off with lame excuses and dreadful cheap rubbish items we could all live without. I've taken the bulb I received to my Trading Standards authority and they said it was a potentially deadly item. This is my main concern. Don't risk buying from this terrible company... You could lose more than a few dollars/pounds. I'm horrified.

Am residing in Singapore and bought some dresses on Black Friday sale! I purchased from overseas and I have to bear the courier charge when few of the items doesn't fit me. I spent 25 Singapore dollars. They refunded me after 2 months, that too by pestering them. Expect ticket, there is no way to contact customer case which is very poor service. And the tickets will be closed automatically after few days irrespective of the issue status.

I have two orders that have taken so long. I finally cancelled them. We will see if they credit my PayPal account. An order for a chandelier arrived within a few days. Shows it was sent from Amazon? Amazon has no record of shipping this to me! It was not even close to what I ordered or what they show they shipped! Customer service is so bad. I finally turned it over to PayPal and they are investigating. I would strongly advise against ordering from this company.

They're located in China so you're only able to contact them via email. I ordered 30 flood lights from them and as of February 2017, it's been three months with no product. They quickly processed my credit card payment and continue to lie about delivery of the product. They said the product was signed and delivered. I told them I did not receive and have checked with all my neighbors on both sides of the street. I've asked for proof from the freight company but since they're probably lying about delivery signature, they just ignore this part of my request. Buy at your own risk - these guys will rip you off.

At first I was a little skeptic ordering online. As I was looking for a well priced coat for my son's birthday and as budget is tight in these months, I ordered a nice looking winter jacket from the website. I had a confirmation with a tracking number within a day, so I could follow the progress. 10 Days later the jacket arrived. The jacket is great!! My son is very happy and next to that according to him, his friends are really jealous. This won't be my last purchase with LightInTheBox. Well worth the wait. Cheers.

LightInTheBox.com Company Profile