America's Value Channel

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had shopped with Ray Taylor and AVC for 6 months spending over $10,000 on beautiful pieces. Suddenly after bidding on an item and bidding went higher than I was willing to pay I passed on the item. I later called back and was told when I went to bid on a different item that I was blocked and no longer allowed to purchase from them. I called and spoke to the station assistant manager who was a very nasty woman who said she would look into it further. After calling back numerous times I was told there was nothing they could do and I was permanently blocked. This all started after I asked for their guarantee to be given to me in writing. I was told that they say it in every show but refused to put it in writing at any time. Sounds like they're not going to be around for long and certainly are not going to stand next to their guarantee which they refuse to put in writing anywhere as it is not even on their website.

They advertising being absolute auction. AVC bidding (running Bids) and buying their own items is not an absolute auction.

I believe this is the worst Customer Service Department I have ever encountered in my 70 year life. I purchased numerous art from them and then I was blocked from buying??? When I called to inquire why the person who said she was the Assistant to the GM was rude and said I was blocked for canceling----I never cancelled. They refused to explore the accuracy of their records. Really stupid and dumb to block a previously excellent buyer.

They will RIP you OFF!! I ordered signed Salvador Dali from Dali's, Comedy Divine collection, (ironically) LIARS, is the name of the piece. Buyer's remorse set in 2 minutes after opening up the box and looked at the art work. I called the company immediately. The art work was not signed. The auctioneer claimed the art was signed and it was not, he LIED!! Rita told me she would review the tape, she never called me back. Unfortunately the sale did go through. I was told by Rita and Kim that I would get a full refund $654.95, once I sent the art back. I sent it back within 7 days. Still NO REFUND. I have called over a dozen times, no response. Unfortunately, telling lies is their method of internal operational processes.

I selected option 1, Let me tell you they will step over themselves to take your money, and LIE to you about the quality of art that is being auctioned off. The sales department answers the phone in hopes of scamming more people out of their money. The first guy who answered the sales line, I asked him for the name of the manager for AVC? He hung up on me. I called back and left a nasty message on the customer service line. Remedy, no one ever called me back.

Called the sales line after he hung up, the second guy. Transferred me to Rita's phone line, and refused to give me her extension number.

Male employee answered today and gave me Rita's direct phone number. Today, a sales guy gave me an 877 number and told me it was Rita's direct line. It was to a travel company selling Bahama cruises for $59.00. I asked a number of employees, "Who is the manager? Who manages and oversees AVC employees/transactions??" You might as well be looking for a needle in a haystack or WALDO!! No one at AVC knows who they work for or the name of their employer. I have complied with the rules, obtained an RMA number ** returned the ART at my expense all according to the fine print on the invoice.

I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY FULL REFUND!! I demanded a full refund since I did not RECEIVE THE ART that was auctioned off on AVC nor was it the art I purchased. I was told by Kim (another AVC LIAR) on September 3, 2014 that I would get a full refund by Friday (today September 5, 2014). I did not receive my refund. My next step is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of in Georgia and Florida and considering reporting AVC to the FBI ART FRAUD Department. No one seems to know who they work for, or who runs the company. I spoke to Rita who fabricates information to get me off the phone. I was told by a guy on the sales line that Rita was in charge.

I ordered an artwork and checked it out and found that the auctioneer had lied about the artist. I stopped the sale and blocked them from charging me. I caught the lie the same day. They then blocked me from purchasing again even though I didn't lie. He did. They acknowledged that he misrepresented the artist. They reviewed the tape.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Value Channel?

I purchased several pieces of art based solely on the alleged gallery price. As a real estate appraiser, I understand the importance of comparable sales. AVC loudly touted certain comparable sales by the same artist by respected auction houses ranging from $10,000 to $35,000 over the past 20 years. They proclaimed, based on this information, that the art for sale had a gallery price of $21,000. Prior to receiving the painting, I subscribed to a pricing service, looked up the artist and found, not the same painting, sold at an auction a scant 2 months earlier for $642! Not included in all the similar paintings by the same artist was the comparable sale for the article for sale. I have to believe that failing to disclose it is fraud.

Beware, many of the items currently for sale have been in recent auctions and sold in the low hundreds. Prior to bidding on anything, get a pricing service. Another art auction site, when selling Alexandria Nechita lithographs, quoted a comparable price of $23,000. While lithographs did have similar asking prices when personally painted or embellished by Nechita, every lithograph for sale was for sale at ArtBrokerage.com for as low as $2,000 and there were numerous copies for sale of most, if not all.

As others have complained, I cannot get them on the phone to get a return number for the item. In the event I did return the item, I expect that as in other complaints, I will be without the merchandise and without the refund. Calls to America's Value Channel have not been returned. I will be filing complaints with appropriate government agencies.

I purchased a piece of art on America's Value Channel. They advertise their willingness to return the product if unhappy. I was told I would be charged the shipping fee, return shipping fee, 10% buyer's premium and a 10% restocking fee. I paid all these charges to return the product. I paid nearly $300.00. These are extensive fees, but I really didn't like the art! After sending the product back, I was told I would not be allowed to bid on items ever again! Can you imagine my outrage! If you have the opportunity to read this warning before you purchase, just be really careful. They do not completely represent and state their policies!

I purchased an unheated tanzanite and received it. I had it checked by a gemologist and was told that it was a heated stone. A natural tanzanite (meaning not heated) is green, yellow. Beware! Notice that they do not sell unheated on their website, so the bottom line is that they are liars and cheats!

They do not answer their customer service phone, so you cannot get a RMA number, which is required to send your purchase back in seven days. So I am stuck with my purchase.

Do not do business with American Value Channel (AVC), you will be ripped off for sure. If you want to buy jewelry, go to eBay and find a company that guarantees your purchase to be returned for any reason! There are many good companies that have been in business for many years and the good thing about eBay is that they are rated by eBay. Sellers do not want any bad feedback, so they are always trying to please their customers.

Do not buy from AVC for any reason, you will be sorry!

I bought a tanzanite from AVC. When I got it, it was a lot smaller than it was made out to be. I sent it back that same day and I was surprised that I got a real person to give me a return code number for the item. They received it on April 18th and I still have not gotten my refund of over $1000.00. I can't get anyone to answer in customer service and they did not respond to my emails. They are nothing but a bunch of rip-offs.

Last May, I purchased a ring from AVC which was to be mounted by them. It was a 14K mounting and a 1.68 Jambalo Tourmaline. I received the ring in late July and within three hours of wearing it that same day, the stone fell out. This was not the first time that I had trouble with their mountings. I immediately called Rita who I had purchased the ring from and she asked me to call customer service the next day, which I did. I was given a return number and that same day, mailed it insured (this was only the setting) to AVC.

The package was received at AVC on 28 Jul 10 at 1:28 PM by L. **. The information was given to me by the post office. I waited to be contacted by AVC to no avail. I have made at least 15 long distant telephone calls, faxed the shipping receipts twice to Isis and called Rita at least ten times. I still (and this is seven months later) have not had a single contact from them regarding this matter. And after spending close to $16,000.00 with this company, I will never do any business with them. They have defrauded me of the money I spent on this ring and must feel that customers don't matter.

We purchased a set of graded coins. When we received the coins, the containers that house the coins were damaged. All dinged up, scratched, and chipped. It was like buying a beautiful painting and the frame is beat to hell. We were displeased with our purchase and wanted a complete refund.

Had a horrific time with customer service trying to get our money back for damaged merchandise (an experience we will never forget). They would lie, they wouldn't return calls, and they were just totally unprofessional. Luckily, we documented all actions and thankfully our credit card company got us our refund. Dealing with this company was a mental and physical nightmare. We lost $50, the cost to return the damaged merchandise. Would never, ever, do business with this place again! Also, we’re telling everyone we know not to do business with them as well.

I have found I'm not alone in being scammed by this company. They have not credited/reimbursed me for one item (of the many) returned. I have emails from them stating they needed more time, though I left one ring out of a return and they called immediately and I found it (I had taken it out of the box & forgot to put it back in) and sent it asap and yet, even after admitting they had the first ring I returned that was over $1k, they to this day have not refunded me a penny.

So now they have not only those two items but every other return I sent and my money. How can a company stay in business when they continue to do this? They owe me over $8k, not counting interest (which on a credit card is ridiculous). I spend day after day, basically a full time job, contacting everyone there from sales people to customer service reps (I got to know so well she's a friend on MySpace) to one of the partners and nothing. One of the owners is in the family of owners of Underwoods Jewelers in Jax, FL and don't know how they can continue to steal from people and have the AVC on TV as well as Underwoods Jewelers in Jax with no consequences. I'm facing possible bankruptcy and they just continue to steal. Please help me get my life back!

I bid on another mandarin garnet ring (bigger garnet) and won when I was sent to get proper sizing etc, the customer service girl gave me such a ration of crap about not having the gem put in the mount that I got mad and said, just cancel the order!

I bid on auction for a mandarin garnet and diamond ring. I won the beautiful ring. Two weeks later, customer service calls me and says they "oversold this item" and did I want to wait another 3 weeks to get my ring when the new ones come in. I called them back 3 times and finally got a real person. I asked customer service "How can you oversell a product when I won the ring at auction?" She could not answer me. I told her, "No, I would not wait and to block my account and cancel my account." As far as I am concerned this company should not trusted.

I ordered 36 different gems from this channel during Marvin’s Room. I was so excited to get them in the mail to just be totally disappointed. He made them sound like they were worth a lot of money, and when I got them I took them to my local jeweler and he told me that they are very poor quality and really only worth what I paid for them if that even! I will never buy from this channel again.

On 7/31/09 I bought a super fine ruby and ring casting, it was supposed to be sized to an 8.75 for a charge of approx $25 and the stone set free of charge. The stone set free of charge was a condition of purchase.

I obtained the a ruby stone and ring casting unsized and not set about 8/10/09. Also, the supposidly super fine ruby has a large milky inclusion on the back, and the ring casting was not an 8.75, not sized. I called and obtained an RMA, and prompty returned it for full refund less shipping. I verified they rec'd the product on 8/13/09 with the post office, and confirmed it with the AVC rep. They have not issued a credit. I contacted them about it at least three times since about 9/30/09. All three times they told me they sendt a notice to their returns department.

Company is collecting $ by improper means. Cannot contact customer service, and long delays in account credits. Trying to return merchandise. Policy requires a return authorization from customer service, otherwise, package will be refused. 7-day window only for returns. Customer service line on hold for 90 minutes (no one available). Option to leave voice message. Let two on two separate days. No return call. Option to e-mail customer service. Email address no good - returns with Failure Notice.

Filed dispute with my credit card company. AVC contacts me by phone 3 weeks later. They are very sorry, their new computer system was down. (emails, voice mails, cust. svc.) Was given RA number. On December 3, I mailed package Priority Mail with RA# clearly marked on outside of package. Dec 17: Called Cust Svc about credit due me but still no posting to my account. Called at 6:00 p.m. EST. Recording advises that they are open until 6:30 EST. Please call back during regular business hours. I left a voice message. I drafted an email, as directed. You guessed it, failure notice. Email address not valid.

My credit card is too close to the limit to use because I have not been credited from AVC. It's Chrsitmas. 'Nuf said?

I purchased a loose gem stone from this shopping channel on 7/15/2008. When I recieved it. It was not exactly what I wanted so I called customer service and got return authorization. I shipped it back on 7/22/8 via insured, delivery confirmed USPS.

It arrived back at their facility on 7/25/8. The credit should be $ 500.00. I have not recieved this money yet. I have faxed them twice and called 6 times only to be told they put a rush on it and to check back. I think this is an unreasonable amount of time to wait and I need my money.

America's Value Channel Company Profile