4.6/5 (53 ratings)

About America's Value Channel

America’s Value Channel (AVC) offers high-quality luxury retail items, including fine art and collectible coins, to nearly 75 million homes in the U.S., Canada and Australia. Every week, AVC features specialized broadcast events and live auctions for rare coins and fine art.

Pros

• Weekly web specials
  • Rare items
  • Huge selection of collectible coins

Cons

• Authentication is unclear
  • Fine art sales not available online

Bottom Line

AVC is a TV channel that sells distinctive fine art and a large selection of collectible coins. While its coins can be purchased online, other items are only sold over the phone.

Top America's Value Channel Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I recently bought a couple of pieces of art. I loved the painting and the customer service is wonderful… The customer service with this company will go above and beyond to help wi...

Verified

Every time I call this company, I am greeted by a happy representative ready to help me with my needs. The art work is just how it is advertised on TV and I couldn't be more thril...

What is America’s Value Channel?

AVC is a television shopping venue. It specializes in distinctive high-quality items. All its products are historically significant or Americana collectibles, and its hosts explain the pieces’ history and value. AVC offers two interactive shows: “Collectible Coins with Dan & Steve” and “The Fine Art Auction.” It also has a huge selection of rare and collectible coins, weekly web specials and daily deals on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

You can shop AVC by coin type. It offers pre-1933 gold, ancient, world silver, American Buffalo, Gold Eagle and Presidential dollar coins and more. It also carries obsoletes, mint sets and proof sets along with a selection of collectible currency, including gold foil, large notes and vintage U.S. coins. AVC also sells supplies like display boxes, tubes, capsules and albums.

How does America’s Value Channel work?

AVC is on TV seven days a week and also streams live on its website. AVC providers include Dish, DirecTV, Spectrum, AT&T, Fios and Comcast. Call its toll-free number for live TV orders or create an account to order online. Its live fine art auctions air on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and are hosted by Ray Taylor, Richard English, Mitch Carter and Chris Marchand. To participate in its auction webcasts or view its catalog online, register your phone number.

Online orders for AVC coins come with a ground shipping option; place your order by phone for expedited shipping. Certain items can’t be combined in one shipment.

America’s Value Channel costs

AVC’s collectible coin prices fluctuate based on current market conditions. At the time of publication, they start as low as $7.95 for a set of P-D-S and silver dimes. A set of Roman bronze coins from the fall of Rome sells for $19.95, and gold foil notes start at $4.95. AVC coin prices range up to $2,000.

America’s Value Channel FAQ

Does America’s Value Channel have an authentication process?
AVC doesn’t state whether it has an authentication process, so make sure you research an item thoroughly before purchase. The channel sells some ancient coins that are certified by NGC (Numismatic Guaranty Corporation).
How does America’s Value Channel ship items?
Coin orders placed online with AVC ship by ground for $8. Contact customer care for info about expedited shipping options.
Does America’s Value Channel have free shipping?
No, AVC does not offer free shipping.
Where is America’s Value Channel located?
AVC is located at 5933 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Suite C, Peachtree Corners, Georgia 30092.

Do we recommend America’s Value Channel?

If you’re looking for distinctive art pieces and collectibles, you might like that each AVC item is historically significant. If you’re a coin collector, you’ll find the channel’s selection of rare and collectibles comprehensive. Although AVC’s fine art collection isn’t available for purchase online and the company is unclear about its authentication process, you can find some good deals by participating in its live TV auctions.

America's Value Channel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Value Channel?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

I started buying coins from the Value Channel. Right now, I have a mixture of different things. I'm always looking for deals so if they have a deal, I buy coins from them. I have something that comes out, the Innovation Dollars. The P and the D and the Proof. I'm getting those as they come out in a lens. Everything else I had on EasyPay is all gone. I've already bought all of it. The only thing I’m missing is a little silver.

The coins are exactly what they say they are. I have dealt with people that lied but not Value Channel. The truth makes a big difference, especially in coins. I sometimes turn to the show just to watch it and see what’s new. I'm not always buying. These Innovation Dollars come as they come out. I'm working on however many there are. There’s gonna be one for every coin there is and it's by state. I like the the American Eagles. I got two or three sets of those. I buy new ones as each year comes and goes - a 69 and a 70 grade. I have three sets of Peace dollars. I'm about five away from having a complete set of Morgans. There are 98 different ones so that’s a lot. Value Channel is doing a good job.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2022

I like to buy from America's Value Channel for the coins. I never received any of the coins that were poor quality. Some of them are a bit steep nowadays. But if I can see something I can afford, if it fits in my budget, I could just go and buy it. It’s easy. I just phone in, and the operator would contact me. Sometimes, they sell out before I could reach somebody. But that’s just the name of the game, just whoever get it first. Recently, I ordered a couple of coins and I got them the next week. There were a couple of times I had to wait a couple of weeks. But recently, they come in quicker. I wish that the phone numbers and the numbers on the coin were a bit larger on the TV screen. I have to get up almost up to my mantlepiece and write it on a piece of paper so I can get to the phone and call in. But that’s just for me. I’m legally blind.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Getting the coin from America's Value Channel took a little longer than I thought, but I understand from listening to other people talking about they have to be assessed. AVC has to send the coins somewhere and PCGS verifies because you don't want to buy something that's not legitimate. And you gotta read the fine print. But that company that I got the coin from them, it came fast. I expected the company to take a couple of weeks and they went three weeks. But that's not too bad when I consider the kind of coin I got. Those pillows were six by four by three inches and filled with air. You can't break them. You have to stab them with a knife. Otherwise, you can't pop them with your finger. You can't even jump on them. You might bounce off. They're not gonna fall apart. Can't ask for more than that. I was pleased with it.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I love them. It's a great product, and I enjoy watching the show. The lead times, especially on the one order that I'm still waiting on, have been a little long. It was on 500 wheat pennies. All in all though, the people at America's Value Channel are super friendly. I had one issue with some material. I needed an envelope and it was on some mint state, but the packaging was ugly. I told them, "Listen, I'll buy a new set." It was an older set, and it was in a newer type of envelope. I was very happy with it. I'm new to this, but they hold my hand if I'm not sure what I'm looking for or if they have other suggestions. They're extremely helpful on the phone, and I can't say enough good things. Great company. Would recommend them any day of the week.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Purchasing from America's Value Channel was easier than going to a coin store because there's not a lot around where I live. America's Value Channel's prices are a whole lot better than the ones I've had on the internet. I follow about six different companies and they easily beat every company that I've ever worked with. I like working with their representatives. The only thing I don't like and I think is funny is when Steve is talking. He'll say, "If you order today, it'll be shipped tomorrow." They've got a 7 to 10-day process. I think it's funny because most companies can't get it out the same day. I usually don't look for mine for about two weeks because it takes a while to pull it and get it ready to ship, but I think it's funny when he says that because sometimes I don't get an email saying mine is shipped for about seven days or so. That don't bother me. When I order, it's not I like I need it the next day.

My representative called and told me about a coin. I had just ordered the two sets of the Silver Eagles, the first 200,000 set that they had. The rep called me up and was telling me about the San Francisco MS70 Silver Eagle Emergency. I told her at that time, "I just spent my allowance on coins right now. I can't do it." But then when I was telling my wife, she said, "Go ahead and order it." So, I called her right back. I've been telling everybody about America's Value Channel. In fact, I was showing a friend of mine a couple of sets that I bought that are in those cherry boxes. He's already ordered them. He says, "They got a good pricing and everything."

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

America’s Value Chanel had a program on today. They were selling a kilogram bars of silver for $1,200. I can get the same thing for 600 or 700. The markup is astronomical. I would purchase coins from them again because they are hard to get. I got it quickly, and they were what they said. But not for that kind of markup.

Mr. Michael,
    After further review, we noticed that the kilogram bar you are refereeing to may have been aired on a different program as it was not aired on America's Value Channel.
    We are confident that our vendors value their products appropriately and will continue to work closely with them to ensure so.

Thank you for your review and continued business.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

The quality of the coins are generally as described. My favorite is a Franklin half dollar. However, America's Value Channel is no longer on our local Comcast channel. Which means if I wanna watch the show, I have to do it on my computer. I'd rather watch on a 50-inch screen, as opposed to a 21-inch. As of late, they seem to focus on all other products that I don't use. So every once in a while, if they show something that I collect at a price that I think is fair, I would buy it. But I don't collect most of what they sell.

Mr. Alberts,

Thank you for this feedback. Unfortunately, we are not currently airing on Comcast in the Northeast region. I see that you are viewing from that area, and I absolutely understand wanting to view the show on your larger screen. I can assure you that we are working with the networks to find alternative solutions for our customers in your area. We greatly appreciate your loyalty to our programming and your patience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

America's Value Channel had the product I wanted. I was looking for it, and they had the right price. It was the better prices of all the TV coin channels. I got what I ordered. Most of them were already sent to a grading facility and they were encased, so they came again in good order and condition. But it took anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks to arrive.

Mr. Keffer,

Thank you for your response. Typically, all orders are shipped within 7-14 business days. Occasionally, we air a "Pre-Order" item that has not been released from the United States Mint. After review of your account, it appears that you were one of the lucky collectors that purchased one of these items which explains the delay in shipping. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your purchases and hope this clears up any questions you may have in regard to delivery delays.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I've been purchasing coins from America's Value Channel ever since their inception, and my experience has always been up and up. If they specify certain things and I get the coins, it's usually the way that they present them. I make it a point to look at AVC every day, because they have a lot of experience on that. They explain stuff to me, and then I have a tendency to want to go back and see what else they want to offer because the experience that I had when I ordered something and I received it, it seemed perfect.

Mr. Bush,

Thank you for your kind review and we are grateful for your loyalty throughout the years.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

If there was something I was interested in, I would call. Purchasing from them was okay. I go see what they have in the coin channel but most of the time, there's nothing there I would wanna buy.

America's Value Channel Company Information