Groupon

Stars Rating

• 2%
  • 98%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Groupon?
    Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed May 4, 2024

If I could leave a 0 stars I definitely would. I don’t recommend anyone to use a Groupon directly, it’s a big scam. I would just go to the place that has a deal and ask them to match the Groupon price. I will never spend another penny with them ever again. I purchased a treatment and I wasn’t able to use it due to not been eligible for it due to been cancer survivor and Groupon is refusing to return me the money but give me a Groupon bucks (that I don’t need as I can’t use what I went there to purchase). They charge business and are scamming us. Go directly to the business that you are interested in and ask them to match the price.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

My boyfriend and I wanted to go to Busch Gardens and his sister in law on a good deal on Groupon a few years back so I figured why not since the tickets can be pretty expensive. I got two tickets for us and we were on our way to the amusement park. When we got there we thought we were good to go since we had our tickets but I never got an email confirmation stating that it went through so we were unable to enter the park. My boyfriend had to get two more tickets that were double the price than what I originally paid that morning. I didn’t get the email confirmation until 2pm. I bought the tickets at 9:30. $185.00 wasted and I am not made of money so it’s really sad that I won’t see that money again. We will never be using Groupon again.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

I brought a session of profilho, booked + was cancelled a day before due to service provider having insurance issues. Requested refund, told to get confirmation email from service provider that it was not provided. Did that, sent it to Groupon, that was early March. Groupon said they would respond within 7 days. They didn't, and have not replied to emails since asking for assistance, resolution, refund, 2 months later. £100 down the drain. GROUPON ARE IMMORAL SCAMMERS HIRING UNLICENSED AESTHETIC THERAPISTS AND DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed May 1, 2024

I purchased a manicure and pedicure to BeYouty Bar, PV, KS. The owner, Anna ** did not show up for my appointment. I contacted her and she rudely told me I did NOT have an appointment. Then told me to contact Groupon if I wanted a refund. There is NO phone number for customer service, the website does not give an email or any other means to reach them. The website gives a help location but no working way to request a refund. I've learned my lesson, never again will I use Groupon!

Reviewed April 29, 2024

100% scam company. I bought tickets for an event in Miami with specific date and time (part of my vacation's budget, I'm from Toronto). I had no problems, all with taxes and fees was $89.85. An hour later I received an email "your refund was processed" and immediately went to the customer service page to know what happened, I chatted with a representative and the answer was "the reservation was not found"??? I don't know what that even means, and also I have to wait 3-5 business days for my refund. Fine. I'll wait.

3 days after I received the refund for 76.66, I asked a representative by chat again and the answer was "Convenience Fee $5.00 is charged and is non refundable"... Why on earth I have to pay for that fee if you made the refund? Not me! The solution was put on "My Groupons" a $5 credit, and what happen with my other 8 dollars? Apparently a tip for them for the inconvenience. LOL. This was my first time buying Groupon, and won't do it again.

Reviewed April 24, 2024

Groupon is a scam!! I bought a reservation to Great Wolf Lodge in Gurnee, IL. The fine print said that I could cancel my reservation until 9 days prior to arrival. Seven days prior to arrival, I needed to cancel this reservation. I went to the confirmation in my email and reread all the fine print. Everything was fine to cancel, but you have to get an agent to chat with you. This took about 7 minutes. The agent gave me the run around telling me that I couldn't cancel because it was past the "cooling off" period. I told her what my contract said and she stated the same thing about this "cooling" off period. I asked where in my contract does it say this. She refused to tell me and stopped the chat! Ridiculous! I tried to start another chat, but it didn't let me right away. I tried a few minutes later and got a different person. This person sent me a website address that I clicked on quickly before she hung up. This site says it can't help me with my request.

I hurry back to the chat and let her know what that site said. She then told me that she would refund me manually. She did get MY money refunded back to my card. This was nothing but a HUGE run around to try & keep MY 175 + dollars!!! I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH GROUP ON AGAIN!!! This is why they have an average of 1.4 stars out of 5. I did Thank the lady that was willing to refund me manually. I give her 5 stars! GroupOn as a business deserves ZERO STARS!!

Reviewed April 24, 2024

This site is a joke. Please don't trust them with your money. They say they have a money back guarantee but good luck getting it back. No one answers phone calls. And you're lucky if they answer your emails.

Reviewed April 21, 2024

I lost out on $98 for a Groupon that expired 48 hours ago and we can't use the voucher in California because we relocated to NC. So who gets the money, Groupon? Never again! I am amazed that they would rather end a chat so quickly and not provide world-class customer service. Groupon this is why you have the rating you do here at Consumer Affairs. 1.4 rating, ouch!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingOnline & App

Reviewed April 19, 2024

Bought my first and last Groupon last night. It was advertised as 65$ but 55 after an additional promo they offered. When checking out it showed the promo was applied and that my total would be 55$ however they charged me 65$. There is ABSOLUTELY no way to contact ANY type of customer service. Not by phone, email or even live chat as they say on their website. This company is trash and I will go out of my way to make sure others don't use them!

Reviewed April 18, 2024

Hoping this will help even just one person. Our family just got our first Groupon and without a doubt the last too. My wife has never been this beside herself upset for how she was treated by their basically nonexistent service team. Please know that if you buy a Groupon...you will receive no help period! Doesn't matter if someone died, got sick, has covid, or "insert any real-life event possible" they will go out of their way to keep your money and add on to your already horrific situation! I can say without a doubt this will be the literal first and last time we spend $1 on Groupon. Truly Shameful and being a huge company or whatever is NO EXCUSE.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed April 18, 2024

This place is a total scam. I bought movie tickets because they were having a promotion. I bought 2 tickets, got a receipt for 2 tickets, went to the box office and they gave me 2 tickets. It wasn't until later when I was checking my bank account that I realized that they charged me twice for 4 tickets instead of 2. I never received a duplicate email with a duplicate receipt, and I didn't get 4 tickets at the box office. If I just hit the buy button twice, I could see that happening, but the fact that there was only one receipt that said I bought 2 tickets and the box office only had 2 tickets for me that I realized that they just helped themselves to my bank account after I made a purchase. I did a little research and realized I'm not the only one! Don't buy from these scammers EVER, they will steal from you!!!!

Reviewed April 17, 2024

Bought three Groupons for a massage place in Tempe, AZ. When trying to schedule, I was told that there was no availability until after the Groupon's expiration date, more than two months later. Trying to get my money back from groupon or even a credit turned out to be impossible. The whole thing works by email, as I could not find a telephone number that works, and I got daily replies from different customer service representative in India, telling me how sorry they were, asking many more questions, but never doing a thing. After ten days of this, I gave up and called my credit card to dispute the charge. Let's see how that works.

Reviewed April 16, 2024

I am a 62 yrs old and I purchased a visit for massage to help my back. On the day of appointment I slip and fell, injuring my knee and back. I canceled the appointment. When I tried to exchange Groupon for something I could use, I was told too late. No refund and no exchange. So since I’m going to let anyone do anything to my back now, my money is forfeited?

Reviewed April 14, 2024

I purchased a Groupon for use at Valvoline unaware that the coupon was not valid for my vehicle. Upon arrival at Valvoline Oil Change I was informed of this mistake on my behalf, and was assured that Groupon would work with me to get a credit or refund. I took the Valvoline employee at his word thinking that he was speaking from experience and as result I continued with the service at their establishment and paid full price. Afterwards, after checking the Valvoline website, I found a variety of available coupons that I should have taken advantage of or, been offered by the Valvoline representative realizing the mishap. Afterwards, when I contacted Groupon, I was not offered a credit or much less a refund and was even cut short by being hung up on by the Groupon representative. Never again will I purchase anything from Groupon or re-visit Valvoline Oil Change.

Price

Reviewed April 9, 2024

I had bought tickets to go to a attraction with my family and when I was buying it I noticed that the price with taxes was one price so I got the tickets. As soon as I paid for them I checked my bank account and it said that I was charged more than what the total said on the receipt with taxes.

Reviewed April 7, 2024

Just an absolute pile of trash. I’ve used this app for over ten years. Just here and there when I’m looking for a float tank or massage, what have you. The customer service was never great but at least there used to be some little shred, a little glimmer of integrity. The only businesses you’ll find using Groupon now are typically awful and when you try to get a refund for a masseuse that can’t seem to schedule you within two months Groupon treats it like a civil action court case. Good luck to anyone trying to get their money back from these parasites.

Reviewed April 4, 2024

Please be very careful when using Groupon. Definitely NOT consumer-friendly. Groupon let me buy 2 coupons for a vendor's product. When I went to redeem the second coupon, the vendor refused to honor the second certificate and asked me to contact Groupon for a refund. Well, BAD company, Groupon has a 3-day cancellation/refund policy that is located in some fine print somewhere and is certainly NOT obvious at ordering. Customer service at Groupon has been the most unfriendly and unintelligent I have dealt with. Have had to contact them twice so far and have nothing but being out $400++. Very bad experience from a consumer standpoint. I will make sure to also tell all of my friends about this very poor experience.

Reviewed April 1, 2024

if you are a merchant with Groupon, run!!! Since they changed platforms and people that run it, it is terrible!! You won't get paid as a merchant, and there is absolutely no customer service. RUN!!! You can run specials in store and get better results.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed April 1, 2024

I purchased a Groupon for a massage at Lamai Massage on Lamar in downtown Dallas. The Groupon was purchased on March 29th. I went into my Groupon account to check it tonight and the Groupon is showing redeemed. However I have not even called and scheduled an appointment with the massage company to this day. It was a scam. They took my $50 and then redeemed the coupon without it actually being used.

Reviewed March 30, 2024

Groupon used to be great, long ago. I'll never use them again after paying for a service. It took me a week to schedule, and then the provider didn't show up. Despite all of this it wasn't refundable per Groupon (although they kept saying it would be then booting me to a new service agent and giving me the run around). So I disputed with my credit card and let the BBB know. They claimed I'd get the credit card dispute through, removed my money/unusable service from my Groupon account and then contested the credit card dispute. I'm now having to file a lawsuit against them to try and get my money back. It's ridiculous.

Reviewed March 27, 2024

Worst customer service ever!!! Do not use Groupon. Purchased bully sticks for my dog, paid $8.55 for the "special". Had to go to vetsapproved.com to place order using code only to find out they charge $9.95 for shipping, which would take 2-3 weeks. After 4 weeks, I get an email that says my order was delivered. It was a Sunday and we were home. No package. Had to send correspondence and they said the seller informed them it would now be 10-12 weeks. I told them I wanted a refund and they told me I was outside of "cooling off period" of 3 days. Well, I didn't know my product would take 4 weeks, plus an addition 12 weeks to receive. Basically, said "sorry". Nothing we can do.

Put Groupon and vetsapproved.com on AMEX. Told Groupon I was notifying AMEX Fraud unit on them and the seller vetsapproved.com. Next day AMEX refunded me for both. Today Groupon emails me that they are reversing the charge and giving me the $8.55 in Groupon bucks. I told them, don't bother, I was already refunded by AMEX and they are starting a fraud investigation. DON'T BUY FROM EITHER OF THESE PRODUCTS!

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed March 26, 2024

The biggest scam company that still works until now. How? Why? Please don't do Groupon for both customer and merchant. They are the biggest scam ever who adjusts the price by themselves and not inform merchant. The "indefinite value" is stupid especially a client knocking your door and ask for redemption voucher after 3 years expiration.

Reviewed March 22, 2024

I purchased Regal movie theater tickets from Groupon, and nowhere in the original purchase did it mention that it had an expiration date (that was within 30 days). When I went to redeem them, they were "expired" and I could not use them. I bought 5 of them and was out over 60 dollars. I emailed Groupon, and every response took multiple days to be sent. Each time I received "Oh sorry no refund to be given, thanks for being a Groupon customer". I will never use them again. I've noticed the fine print on these deals is not presented when purchased and the risk of not knowing the actual deal far outweighs any money saved.

Reviewed March 14, 2024

I had purchased a Groupon for a spa on March 1, 2024 for $166. The merchant refused to honor the Groupon despite the fact that it expires on April 22, 2024. The reason why they did not honor the Groupon is because they claimed the deal had ended on Groupon and that the deal was too cheap. Therefore, I was forced to pay full price. The spa proceeded to explain that they would email Groupon to refund me. I had sent an email to Groupon explaining that this spa had refused to honor my coupon even though it had not expired.

Groupon sent me an email stating that the spa was honoring coupons and they would not refund me. I proceeded to send Groupon an email proving that the spa had emailed me stating that they had told Groupon about the situation and that Groupon should refund me the money. Groupon responded with the same email that stated that the spa is honoring the coupons and will not refund me. In the end, I have been scammed out of $166 from Groupon and the spa.

Reviewed Feb. 24, 2024

I have been a member of Groupon for well over 10 years. Their old philosophy was "Your Groupon never expires!" This was before the money-hungry tycoons took over. You used to be able to turn it in for “Groupon bucks” and get the amount purchased, then use it for future purchases. Not anymore. They rip you off by not standing behind the sale as a third party! If you can’t use a Groupon for a restaurant or activity then tough luck. I’m glad I never booked a trip with them!!! I will never buy another thing from them again. The items I have bought are junk and they fake their reviews!

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

I bought Camelback Resort tickets for Waterpark. I bought 3 tickets. Then I went on to the merchant site to redeem them. The merchant did not honor the coupons. The website gave error that no entries are available for February 17' 2024. The coupons cannot be redeemed. I spent $300. I called the camelback resort on the phone number given on their website. I called 5 times and waited for over 1 hour 25 minutes and no one pick up. There was an option when I called the number (855) 515-1283 that if you don't want to wait on hold you they can call you back. It's been 4 days and no one called back either. I had to go to camelback and buy the tickets on the spot again.

I immediately looked for customer service number on Groupon and there was no phone number. There was chat option and chat and explained everything with the screenshots from the merchant site that they are not honoring the coupons. The lady kept on sending me copy and paste messages and no help at all. She said she cannot give a refund. Then I used the Send Email option on groupon and explained my case. I got a confirmation email that I will hear back in 4 days. 4 days are gone and nothing yet. The ticket number is **. After 4 days I chat with groupon customer service again the lady Dhivya keeps on saying the same thing over and over and won't give me any information. Keeps on repeating that someone will get back to me.

I asked this rep and the previous rep I chatted to on 17th Feb' 2024 and asked if they can send me the chat in email and they said I can go on groupon account and find the copy of the chat but there is no such option in groupon. Both the reps lied. I see that someone similar had the same problem with camelback resort and groupon. I am going to file a complaint with Attorney General. There are thousands of complaints for groupon. I am sure AG would love to look into this fraud that groupon does. Everyone else please file a complaint with AG as well.

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2024

Every time when I buy something and the business can not do this, after a long communication all I get back is another Groupon points. Many businesses do not do what they advertise and there is no consumer protection whatsoever, they just force me to buy more things for their stupid points.

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2024

The ticket bought thru Groupon was for the evening entrance time which Groupon did not clearly specified when I bought the ticket. When we arrived at the venue, they could not honor the ticket at that time and I had to buy a ticket directly from the venue. I contacted Groupon for a refund..They wrote back 3 days later that I needed to contact the venue and obtain an email from the merchant showing that the ticket was not redeemed..After dealing with the merchant for weeks back & forth with multiple emails, they finally sent me an email indicating the voucher was NOT redeemed. I then proceeded to forwarded this info to Groupon customer service just as they had requested.

After waiting 3-4 days, they responded that they are working on it and will respond in 48 hours..About 4 days later, they responded that they would look into the matter and respond in 7-10 business days. Then they responded that I needed to contact the merchant to get a refund. This customer service has been a nightmare.. After all my hard work and effort to obtain the info they required, they wanted me to start to the first step again. Very unprofessional, and it seems to me that Groupon doesn't know what they are doing. PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. They are rated C on BBB, and I will sure post my very poor customer service experience on there as well. The money you may save by buying tickets from Groupon is not worth your chances of buying a not good ticket and then going thru all this waste of your time.. You may end up getting tickets that are not redeemable, then may have to deal with this customer support nightmare.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2024

Groupon sold tickets for camel back mountain that it was impossible to redeem the tickets for the dates needed, or even within that range. They will not work with camel back mountain and also will not offer a refund. Since we do not live in that area this will be a full financial loss, with no support or resolution from Groupon.

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2024

This is a complete scam! I personally purchased three for the same merchant. However, the merchant could not be reached, and after spending the full three days trying to contact them because I wanted what I paid, for. I realize that I was not going to get through. However, Groupon will not give you any form of refund if it’s been over three days which means that Groupon got paid and I sit here with nothing but lost money!

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2024

Groupon deactivated my account without notice with hundreds of dollars of active Groupon and Groupon bucks. I've been receiving emails that there is no account associated with my email; I thought the error was on my side, now months later I am just **. There is no way to reach them except for chat and emails which is slow, cumbersome and ineffective. I've been promised that a manager will follow-up multiple times, only to get no correspondence.

Support asks impractical questions such as last purchase and amount--all information within their portal that they closed all of access to. Support claims the deactivation was due to fraud, but if that is a legitimate basis why not notify the consumer for their protection, or return the money they received/took from my account transactions/purchases if they feel they were fraudulently placed?

I have had Groupon for years and they made the arbitrary decision irresponsibility to close my account. This is theft, and taking great advantage of unknowing customers. This is poor service, seemingly a deliberate act of desperation by a declining company. and a Deceptive practice. Groupon needs to be investigated to uncover the scope of this and to see who authorized this practice. A class action suit may also be warranted to compensate victims. I still am yet to receive communication, resolution, or compensation for my lost funds and Groupons.

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2024

I was traveling in Hawaii and bought several Groupons to use for whale watching and sun set. Both of the tours are cancelled. However, Groupon dare to not give me a refund when I never received the service. The representative asked me, "Did you contact the merchant" and "Who you spoke with." and I am like, "I was contacted by the merchant. Says the tour was cancelled. You are asking me if I have contacted merchant?" Stupid Groupon. Worst company in the world. Groupon got my money and refuse to give it back.

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2024

I am a lifelong journalist who has written for major U.S. news organizations. I purchased a Groupon for $59 that was redeemable by Clean Air USA to perform a residential air duct cleaning in my condo. As required, I made an appointment with a Clean Air USA technician to perform the work. The technician looked at my vents before telling me that my ducts were not suitable for the $59 service. Instead, he wanted to sell me an $850 service discounted from $1,100 as a result of purchasing the Groupon. I contacted Groupon to ask for a refund of my $59. They refused on grounds that too much time had elapsed by the time I received my Clean Air USA visit.

I tried to leave a review on the Groupon app but Groupon only accepts reviews from people who have redeemed their vouchers. I am not redeeming the voucher because no one did any work. There are a number of one-star reviews of this deal on Groupon but there would be more if Groupon allowed all purchasers of this deal to leave reviews. I urge you to avoid purchasing this deal for Clean Air USA on Groupon. Don’t be another victim.

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2024

Groupon customer service NEVER gives you refund. They sell you vouchers that cannot be redeemed for various reasons, like no available appointments before expiration date. They basically just take your money and run with it. Their merchandise like clothes and goods are of the poorest quality. They sell vouchers you can buy more than once but then get stuck because you can only redeem once. STAY AWAY from this company. It’s not what it used to be.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

I went online and got Groupon Sam's Club Membership. Then I saw the automatic renewal every year and decided to cancel within 10 minutes. There was no customer service to help and the phone number that I got from my Capital One card was no good. I got no answer and recording said it was a restricted number. Plus there is no address or manager for Groupon. Is everybody foreign??? So my Capital One let me dispute charge and remove charge. THEN, 2 months later Groupon put the charge back on my account and Capital One refuses to help. Since it is a renewable charge, they can take out of my card every year. I don't even have a Groupon Sams card, since I said I didn't want it. So, I am out of $60, and God knows how much more trouble I'm going to have to deal with. I wish I had researched Groupon before now. It looks like a bunch of bad reviews.

Price

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2024

I purchased dietary supplements form Herbal Research Inc. in Hollywood, Florida. I spent almost $40 dollars with that company. While placing my order it never prompted me to enter my address. I have used Groupon since I moved so I didn't think anything of it until the next morning. I reached out to Groupon and Herbal Research Inc. and both parties said repeatedly that it was the other one's job to fix the issue. Groupon is now lying saying that the order was shipped Monday. The postal service offices where closed for Dr. King's day. I will never use this site again. I would rather pay full price than for not 1 but two companies to rob me for money that I had to work hard for. I have all the emails I sent to both parties and I will seek further assistance with this problem. Consumers beware. Groupon and their merchant Herbal Research Inc. located in Hollywood, Florida can not be trusted.

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2024

This is, hands down, the WORST company I have EVER dealt with. They recruited me for their revised Groupon+ Dine Rewards program, I signed up, registered my card and made purchases, received confirmation emails, but they never paid a dime in commissions. Their customer service is all email or chat, to outsourced scriptreading bots who copy and paste replies that don't even relate to your issue. Over two weeks now I've been wasting time with these thieves and I'm STILL waiting for the money owed.

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2024

Last week I showed up at Busch Gardens with my daughter to use Groupon vouchers that I had purchased. We were turned away at the door and told that the vouchers had already been used. They had not been used and were showing as available in Groupon. Busch Gardens told us they were Groupon tickets and not Busch Gardens tickets and we needed to contact Groupon customer service for assistance. Groupon customer assistance does not exist. There is no phone number and there is only a chat feature with useless assistance. We were only referred back to details on our Groupon which did NOT help or answer our questions.

When we asked for additional assistance to remedy the situation, the customer service agent ended the chat, and no longer was available. I have used Groupon successfully for many years, and have even promoted it to my friends and family. This one terrible incident will change my mind forever. Busch Gardens was kind enough to give us tickets despite Groupon. How unfortunate to lose a loyal customer of many years just to be cheap and not have real customer service when there are real issues. They took real money and kept it. Thanks to Busch Gardens for saving the day. Groupon- just another scam company.

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2024

Disney did not accept Groupon voucher on the same day that I purchased. I asked Groupon 3 days later for refund. They said no. They said cooling period to get refund is over. They stole my money. I will not do business with Groupon.

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2024

Groupon had sold in the past and if not stopped will continue to sell vouchers that are unusable, what Groupon has done was sell the vouchers but would not pay the merchant or not pay them in a timely manner which would cause the merchant not to honor the voucher for it would cause them to lose money, so even though Groupon was at fault for the this, they refuse to give a refund. I am never doing business with this company again and I think that others should follow.

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2023

I used to be loyal Groupon customer and never had issues. But this last time I purchased Groupon and had so many issues using it. I send emails and follow instructions with the customer's support. I was promised resolution within 24 to 48 hours, well guess what? I didn't and lost my money. Do not use this app anymore.

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2023

Terrible customer service. Rude and thieves of hard earned money. They refuse to refund for services a merchant is unable to render. I have chatted with them severally to request for a supervisor, which they either vehemently deny or dance around, or after confirming the request, they end up stating whoever I spoke with last never put in the request (though they do stated they did). The back and forth was unreal along with the dismissed chats without any answer to my inquiries - like being hung up on.

Reviewed Dec. 20, 2023

If I could give negative stars, I would. I purchased a Groupon for 2 canvas prints, size 16x10. When I went to redeem the Groupon, there was no option for 2 canvas prints that size. I reached out to customer service, which is now only available via email??? By the time they wrote back to me -- claiming that the option for 2 prints size 16x10 WAS available -- the Groupon was expired. I looked online again to make sure I hadn't missed anything. No, there still was no option for 2 prints size 16x10. I emailed back AND INCLUDED SCREENSHOTS SHOWING THAT THE MERCHANT IS LYING, and asked for a refund. They wrote back THE SAME THING -- COPIED AND PASTED -- that they had before, and also said the merchant wouldn't allow a refund because the item I had purchased a Groupon for was available. I wrote back again, and said I don't need a refund -- just give me the value of the Groupon to use for something else. No. I'm still trying.

I plan to try and try and try and try until I get something because, as far as I'm concerned, THEY HAVE STOLEN FROM ME. This company has become money-grubbers. I've been using Groupon for over a decade and NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER AGAIN. And I will share my story with all of my friends and family and on every social platform I can find.

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2023

The shipping is absolutely ridiculous, especially when wanting to order 2 of the same items and they want $9.95 for shipping on each item going to the same address. The Groupon codes NEVER work. Why would anyone want to buy on Groupon is beyond me.

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2023

SCAM - RIPOFF - Do Not Use. Bought vouchers for a restaurant. Went to redeem them and the restaurant wouldn't accept them. I refunded the vouchers same day (app says for a full refund) but Groupon only does "Groupon Bucks" instead of refunding card. I check for anything to spend $26 credit on but nothing good (for a year) now my $26 expired.

Emailed customer service and Rep says, "So sorry... Money go bye bye. Thanks for your understanding..." You can think a company is great, having used them for years for much larger vouchers like countless hotel stays, until you have a problem... then you get to see how good their customer service really is and what kind of company they truly are. I gave them three opportunities to make things right over $26 and they refused telling me they are thankful for my understanding in them ripping me off. At least they are polite when ripping people off.

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2023

I contacted Royal Agape Day Spa on 4 separate occasions over 1 week's time to schedule an appointment for a Lymphatic massage after purchasing from Groupon. No return calls. This is the second time this has happened to me but with a different business. I contacted Groupon and have about 8 emails back and forth with them which has still not resulted in my money back. I provided proof of all my outreaches and no return calls. They continue to encourage me to reach out to the vendor, or they share they are escalating the matter but it seems like they are trying to avoid giving me my money back. I am highly upset and the level of avoidance from Groupon regarding this matter is outrageous. They have now minimized their credibility and will never receive any of my business again. It's really disappointing that I was the customer and ripped off and yet I am being held responsible. There's no way this company should be able to get away with this!!!

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2023

I purchased a 10 pack of Dove antiperspirant spray the first week of November. I got an email stating that it had been delivered November 10th. It was not delivered to my apartment. I contacted FedEx and their reply was also that it had been delivered. I advised that it was not delivered to me! So, Fedex stated that they would track it. In the meantime, I checked the mailbox, and the lobby, nothing. A neighbor told me that the Fedex delivery person had left several packages in the unattended lobby. Again I contacted FedEx and was told by FedEx to contact the shipper for a refund or replacement. I contacted Groupon vial email and never heard anything back. I sent SEVERAL emails and finally got one back stating that it was delivered! I sent a lengthy email addressing the problem and finally got one back today saying that their records all show that it was delivered. No help from FedEx, and NO help from Groupon! WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM GROUPON AGAIN!

Reviewed Dec. 9, 2023

If you purchase a product or service that you can't use, they will refuse to refund your money. They insist that you can have Groupon bucks, which is basically like store credit, except there is a limited number of over priced things you can purchase with that phony currency. They treat businesses horribly, therefore their offerings are even more limited.

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2023

I bought a Groupon for Botox. When I arrived at my appointment they let me know that I was not a candidate for 20 units and could not have less. The business told me to get in touch with Groupon and they would refund or change my groupon to another. I tried customer service and they refused to do either. I paid money for absolutely nothing. Now I see other reviews with similar problems. Be sure to spread the word because it's a cash grab and I'm sorry the business that uses Groupon doesn't come off very favorable either.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2023

I bought two self-guided tours that included a self-guided tour of the Breakers Mansion in Newport RI. I paid $30 for them. I received a bar coded ticket I assumed it was for entry to the Breakers. Upon arrival I was told the Breakers does not do business with Groupon and my ticket was no good. I called the tour operator and was told sorry the tickets were non-refundable. I said you didn't give me any tickets. My tickets were not good for anything, and this was a scam. I was told to read the fine print that the tickets are non-refundable. I emailed Groupon and I was told the same thing. Groupon must be hurting financially because I have heard complaints about Groupon relying on the "all sales" final clause. This should not give them a right to rip people off. I'm done with Groupon. Be aware of the scam.

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2023

Groupon will not refund a service that I am not eligible for. Their three-day policy does not allow time to make an appointment and have professionals determine if you are a candidate. AVOID GROUPON! This terrible company is not interested in you and will not help you in any way.

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2023

I ordered a Groupon for Andretti Indoor Karting in Orlando on Nov. 9th while I was on vacation. When I arrived there, the voucher code was not available, so I reached out via chat to get my code. The chat representative said coupons normally take 6hrs to generate, but gave a 10-20 min wait time to escalate since I was already onsite. I waited for 30 minutes without updates, stated if it could not be generated soon, I would proceed with a cancellation/refund. The representative gave me an additional 5 min wait time to resolve voucher.

Once I had waited for 45 minutes, I proceeded with canceling my order. The rep/bot replied 3 mins later confirmed my cancellation was received and stated that no charges had been processed and that any pending charges should clear within 2-3 days. I exited off chat and proceeded to purchasing my tickets directly from Andretti’s and I went about my day.

I looked at my statement to payoff my credit card near end of month and I noticed they did charge my card and that there was not refund issued. I sent a message to have this fixed, I explained the situation and their first response was that they would not issue a refund as my cancellation was after their “cooling period” per their policy.

I wrote back that I canceled the same day I ordered this Groupon, which makes it within cancellation policy and asked for them to send a copy of chat transcript. I was proactive and dug through my emails and found it myself and sent them a screenshot of where I clearly canceled on Nov 9th and provided the name of representative that helped me and the case number of my request.

Their second response was that that they did not have records of this chat and that my screenshot did not clearly show which Groupon was purchased and stated they could not issue a refund with what I provided. They told me that my only options were to gift it to someone else (I’m not from Orlando) or that I could use it for another day.

So, I proceeded to finding email they sent with chat records, placed the full transcript in a word document and I highlighted important details such as where it clearly stated it was for Andretti’s Groupon, the time stamps for the conversation where I clearly made the request to cancel and representative acknowledged cancellation and confirmed no charges would be made. The transcript clearly shows how the representative issued a coupon without my presence or consent after I exited off chat 5-10 mins after he had confirmed my cancellation and that no charges would be made.

Currently I am in day 5 without a resolution to fix their error. It is sad that I had to pull records and highlight everything to prove that I had canceled my order the same day, and if I did not do that, they would not bother to check their records which they clearly should have access to. I have asked for a supervisor or manager, and so far I have not had anyone reach out. It has been a very frustrating experience. Every response from them takes a day or more.

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2023

I purchased the Groupon for an oil change in September. After 24 hours I went to Valvoline to get the oil change. I was told by the manager. That The Valvoline company has not accepted Groupons since July. Yet Groupon continued to sell them, knowing full well that they are worthless.

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2023

I ordered a Groupon and I didn’t receive the Groupon so I ordered another one thinking my first order was cancelled. I was then billed for 2 items. I tried without success to get one of the items refunded. Their customer service is impossible to deal with and refused to try and resolve the issue. I then attempted to gift the item but the person I gifted it to never received it. After attempting to resolve this issue and once again I was unable to get it resolved. Groupon is a fraud and misrepresents the products they are promoting.

Reviewed Nov. 27, 2023

I made a purchase, there was a ticket for a promo code, which I did for an additional 15% off. I received their confirmation and an email showing the purchase price of 153, but when I redeemed the voucher, they charged me 161. I questioned it, and they said that I didn't read the fine print. How can they deny their email receipt for the lower amount? I'll never use them again and have blocked them.

Reviewed Nov. 23, 2023

I purchased two "airport lounge vouchers" for $7 each. The offer implied there would be no other fees involved. But when I tried to redeem them, I discovered I would be expected to pay an additional $233 per voucher. When I tried to get a refund I was completely denied with a boilerplate denial. This is deceptive and dishonest and not the first time lately I have had problems with Groupon. The site has turned into a giant scam.

Sales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2023

I purchased tickets for a local Christmas event. Upon purchasing, I read in the fine print “promotional value expires on the day of purchase. All sales final.” It then goes on to say for local events, the unredeemed voucher can be fully refunded if within three days of purchase. I attempted to navigate the refunds page and it prompted me to speak to an agent. Naveen V. the agent talked in circles and wasted over 30 mins of my time and refused to issue refund because “all sales are final”. When I advised I read that, but it also says if it’s local it’s eligible he said that doesn’t count for final sale, even though it does not say that on the Groupon app or website.

I then confirmed what “promotional value expires today” meant, and Naveen V confirmed that means I will need to pay the difference once arriving to the event. so, I now have spent over $112 on tickets that I will need to pay even more when arriving. They refuse to refund. I will likely end up paying MORE than the original price of the ticket if purchased directly through merchant. I will never be using groupon again, they get their business from bait and switching their customers into thinking they’re getting a deal when in reality they’re getting scammed.

Reviewed Nov. 21, 2023

I purchased 2 Groupons for Marble Slab Creamery for my daughter and her boyfriend. We live in Augusta Ga. I chose local deals. When it came time to redeem said Groupons, we couldn’t. It was only good for stores in Texas. I spent 3 days trying to speak with someone. Today I chatted with someone and was told I was out of the refund cooling off window. That there was nothing I could do about it. No refund. This is unacceptable. Technically it’s fraud.

Reviewed Nov. 20, 2023

We purchased two tickets to the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel on Groupon ($40) and could not use them on the day we went to Navy Pier because the Ferris Wheel was closed. We never even took our phone out to show anyone the voucher. However, Groupon now says the vouchers were redeemed the day after we visited Navy Pier. We were not even in the area to redeem them. Groupon (the chat person... since you cannot ever get a real person) could not explain how our vouchers were redeemed without our knowledge and would not credit our purchase or mark them as available again. They said the vendor must do this. This company is a scam. Do not give them your money.

Reviewed Nov. 12, 2023

I finally was able to order some gummies from Happy Heads after being sent coupons over and over and I been waiting on my shipment just about two weeks now. What's the problem? The ad says 3 days. When I know things take long in delivery either I’ll pay more or order elsewhere. Nobody wants to wait a month ordered items. One star for me.

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2023

Groupon is selling Services that cannot be redeemed. The business they are promoting is closed. They refuse to refund our money and rather support the fraud. Stay away from this crooked company. We tried to work with them to get our money back but they refused. We tried to work with them through the BBB but they refused. They kept saying we approved the purchase, which we did, but at the time we didn't know that they were selling services for businesses that don't exist. These guys are crooks.

Reviewed Nov. 8, 2023

The Groupon gives you the impression you are buying 10 lounge passes for $7. In fact you have to pay an additional $260 USD when you try to register. The ad is a really misleading scam that should be illegal.

Reviewed Nov. 7, 2023

I have used Groupon for years. Currently they do not show paid coupons so that the product paid for cannot be redeemed. There is no way to contact them. I can't even bring up Q & A on the computer screen. I have been unable to get a refund for my unused coupons. This company is really a failure. Do not Use.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2023

This was the worst sites on the internet. We had trouble getting our vouchers to our event. Try to call customer service with no response. Found out later you can't talk to anybody on the phone. Chuck.