Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It seemed like a good idea at the time. I wasn't certain about the whole thing. I thought it might be a fraud or phishing at first. The deal almost sounded too good to be true. Unless you are 100% certain about it, don't do the deal. Read every detail and all fine print very, very carefully. Some can be okay, but some have too many strings. Deal breakers might be time of day restrictions, dates, etc. You really can never be too sure about any deal until you try to execute it and get it accepted by the retailer. This is where the rubber meets the road. Some deals have fallen through because they tell you they are out. Remember to look for a phrase similar to "subject to stock on hand".

I purchased a Getaway deal from SweetJack. During the promotion period I tried numerous times to cash in on the getaway. I paid around $200 for the Hotel Getaway deal. I tried multiple times to contact the merchant during the promotion period and even after the promotion period. The travel agency would never return my calls or emails. When I finally went back to SweetJack, I was told they wouldn't do anything to help make it right since the promotion period was over. The merchant has gone out of business, and as far as I know, they went out of business during the promotion period. A word to the wise. Don't purchase the so called deals from SweetJack.. They are deals only to the merchant and SweetJack. SweetJack sells these so-called deals of failing businesses. They will not be in business when you go to redeem your deal.

I purchased a quad helicopter from them a few months ago. I paid 99 dollars. After some research I found the same thing on Amazon for 65 dollars. They told me that theirs is better, it is the same thing. Took 6 weeks, from China to arrive. It wouldn't fly. I tried another controller and found that it worked. I have been trying for weeks to get them to replace the controller without luck - my price 13 dollars. They probably pay 5 dollars for a new controller.

First they couldn't find my order then they wanted pictures to send the vendor. Now they don't get back to me. They have a phone but the recording tell you to leave a message, they are too busy to answer. This has been going on since March 20 about 5 weeks. I am still trying to get an answer. I purchased it with a gift card. If I purchased it with a credit card I would have gotten a charge back and not pay them. They are big crooks. I purchased it through Ozarks Daily Deals. I copied receipt to letter. It couldn't be read by your receipt tab.

I placed an order back on 4/9/15 for a Burberry Watch. I never received a tracking number or confirmation for my order. I-emailed SweetJack now three times with only an automated return response from a ** cc-ing me to an e-mail they sent to Shop Chainz, the company the watch comes from. The phone number provided for SweetJack is a recording with no chance to talk to anyone and you cannot leave a message. The exact same problems are with Shop Chainz but they do not even provide a phone number for customer service. I was told in both identical e-mails starting on 4/14/15 that SweetJack has contacted Shop Chainz for tracking information, which in return would take 24-48- hours. Still waiting...

I have bought a lot of deals through SweetJack, and I was always happy about them; until this time. On Dec. 12, 2013, I purchased a deal for a weekend getaway (in over 40 cities). (I have all the documentation and receipts, but my scanner is not working now). I received a long list of resort places to choose from. I tried for one year to make a reservation in Sedona, AZ, but there was always none available. Finally, I asked for a refund. Instead of getting the $49 I paid, SweetJack gave me a credit for a $100 worth of groceries with MyGroceryDough. Thinking that was a good deal, I said okay, and looked forward to redeeming my voucher for a $100 worth of groceries.

What I found out is that it was nothing more than a coupon-clipping thing. I don't do coupons. And you can't redeem all $100 in one transaction. I've called MyGroceryDough to ask for cancellation. They make you go to the website and read all the voluminous information about this and that, and I don't have time to read them, and they're so confusing. $49 is not a lot of money for some people, but it is to me; I work hard for every penny I make. Also, after more than a year of frustrations and irritation, etc., I just want my $49 back. I've heard that SweetJack has refunded similar moneys to people when they were not able to redeem their vouchers for these getaways. Why can't I? Any assistance to settle this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SweetJack?

I purchased 3 days 2 nights at Day's Inn for my family. When I went to use it, I received a response that I would get a Visa gift card for the amount instead. It would take 4-6 weeks (I live less than 3 hours from Sweet Jack), and it would be good for 1 year from whatever date it was purchased. I bought this with a credit card with 19.99% interest, so I lose money, while they can bank everyone's cash, collect interest and give them a gift card. If they waited until after a year, they would not have to give you anything, which is likely why they do not tell you until go to redeem.

Expert Review

Erin HuffstetlerDeal Websites Contributing Editor

Erin Huffstetler is the Frugal Living Guide at About.com, and the founder of MyFrugalHome.com. If there’s a way to get something for less, Erin will find it, and tell you about it.    More about Erin→

Owned by Cumulus Media, SweetJack’s specialty is local deals, and their offers are featured on over 1,400 radio stations around the country.

• Vouchers available immediately: They’ll be e-mailed to you within 10 minutes of purchase.
  • Accessible support: You can use their online support center, e-mail or call.
  • Intuitive interface: Deals are divided by category, and easy to sort through quickly.
  • Lots of details: All deals include a clear description, outside reviews and a Google map that shows where the business is located.
  • Return policy: Site says they want you to be happy with your purchase, but does not spell out how returns will be handled.
  • Shipping: To find out shipping costs for your items add them in your cart and it will tell you.
  • Best for Bargain shoppers, occasional users, businesses