Heartland America

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered a karaoke machine from them for my grandchildren. When it came and I opened it I found that it was not something a child would use. It didn't have speakers & you would need to hook it up to a TV to use it! I called and asked to return it. They said they would send mail labels which I am still waiting for that. The item was dropped shipped from another company and came with direction that were written in English by someone who didn't know English! This item was misrepresented in the catalog and I would have never ordered it if I had known the minor points that were left out of the description!

I received a product with a manufacturing defect I noticed as soon as I took it out of the packaging. I don't blame Heartland for the product defect. I do blame them for their unfriendly customer return policy. Here are the negatives with my experience on their policy:

1. The back side of the invoice that comes with the product is the return form and label if needed. I really want to keep my invoice, so I have to burn a copy.

2. There is no way to get an online acknowledgement of the return. I can view my order online for status, but that is all. I will have to pay to send the product back at my expense without a RMA or knowing what Heartland plans to do about the return.

3. I have to pay a $2.95 return processing fee, and return shipping to exchange a product that was shipped with a defect. Here again, more expense without a commitment from Heartland as to their resolution.

4. I used a $10 promo code to purchase the product. Not sure if it will apply to the exchange, so I don't know if I will owe an additional $10 to complete the exchange. Also not sure if I will owe another $6.95 shipping fee for the replacement to be shipped.

5. There is a place on the return form to sign that will allow the credit card used for the purchase to billed for the cost of the return/exchange. I am reluctant to agree to unknown fees & charges.

6. After spending 30 minutes on hold waiting for the next available customer rep to find out what my total cost for the exchange would be, I gave up. This is totally unacceptable. The price and delivery time was OK, however, with so many products offered with possible poor mfg. quality standards, customer service after the sale is a must. That means no more Heartland for me.

After reading the experiences of returning products on here, I'm not even going to try. It's a wash and I'm stuck with it. I bought this unit for an emergency jump, and within 2 weeks of its arrival, I needed it. Fully charged it did nothing on the jump. And the spotlight head fell off, pulling out the wires. I checked on the HSN site, and most reviews said the same thing.

I'm a senior, and thought I was buying peace of mind. I also contacted the design/manufacture company for info on reconnecting the pulled wires, and got no response. All I got was a 12 pound PAPERWEIGHT. And no free shipping as advertised, I had to pay extra. Why don't catalog companies vet the products they sell for defects? If I'm going to buy junk items online, I'll do it on Ebay at half the cost. Save your money and DON'T buy this item. You can't count on it for an emergency.

They said I became a valued member and some other kind of member after I bought a lamp from them last year. They said they phoned me, which they did not, and I agreed. Then I find out they took $90 out of my account causing me not to be able to pay my bills on time. Don't trust them. They're running a scam operation to get to your checking account and take what they want from you.

I ordered HD mirror camera online from Heartland America on 3/25/2017. Checked my order status on 4/1/2017, it sitting somewhere in Chaska MN. Sent number of emails to Heartland America, no reply so called today 4/12/2017. Per supervisor Rebecca they will send me a claim letter to be filled out for reship product or full refund, another 7 day for paperwork, then once they get the paperwork that takes another 3 weeks to get the product shipped. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. When customers buy the product online they expect products they ordered not around like this. I hope something can done about this. Thank You.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Heartland America?

Order on March 10th from new catalog. Back-order to March 24th, days later e-mail to March 31st. March 31st no delivery. April 1st April 2. Arrival anyone's guess, service at Heartland America stinks. No more of my business small as it is neither should you.

Product No. 02-70337 10x12 Heavy Duty Tarp. This is the cheapest tarp I have ever seen, advertised as HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION. To get my money returned I would have to pay postage when returning, postage, tracking and insurance $10, Product cost was $20. Not use throwing good money after bad so I will just keep this flimsy HEAVY DUTY Tarp to see how long it lasts. The tarp is made by MAXAM. Poor quality product.

I ordered this item that was supposedly in stock on 12/11/2016. I then receive an email on 12/22 that is NOT in stock and been back ordered. I cancelled the order immediately and still awaiting my refund after numerous emails... My first and last order with this outfit.

I found this site via another shopping link while researching dash cams for my SUV. Their selection was limited but I did find the model I was looking for and it was being offered at a very good price in early December. I placed my order online Dec 11th and figured delivery would take place before the 24th. I paid an extra $3.99 for expedited shipping as well.

I did receive an email order confirmation and the delivery date stated unknown at this time. Huh? The item was clearly labeled on their site as "in stock." I sent an email to HeartLand's customer service department and after not receiving a reply in five days, I called. The CS rep said that the dash cam was so popular that it is back ordered and scheduled to be back in their warehouse on Dec. 21 and my unit would ship out directly. I asked if my expedited shipping would guarantee delivery by the 24th. The rep could not guarantee this. I appreciated the honesty but was upset over the entire ordeal. My dash cam arrived securely on Dec 28. I doubt I will be ordering here again.

I ordered a WiFi Tower Antenna for $33.32 (Promo Code WW22INET) with free shipping on Nov. 14, 2016. The description said it could be used enhance your existing WiFi in your home. When I opened the box to follow the instructions they recommended you disconnect your existing WiFi. Additionally a CD Rom was needed to do the installation and was missing. When I called to complain and was quoted a restocking charge I was assured that due to my situation no stocking fee would be imposed.

I returned the item at my expense. My tracking with the Post Office the package arrived on the 28th. I allowed about 5 days and tried to contact them via phone. They said that all reps were busy and then the line went dead. After trying a number of times I resorted to an email to the company. 3 days later the reply was they were busy and refunds would come in about the next 2 weeks. Finally on Dec. 16th refund was issued minus a little over $8.

To say there's product misrepresentation and sloppy handling of returns is an understatement. They break all norms of what is required by credit card companies in the amount of time that is allowed for refunds. This should certainly be brought to the credit card companies' attention when handling their accounts. Many years ago I ordered various products from them before the computer age and they were just a catalog company, and was satisfied with their products. Shame on me. I should have checked Yelp before resuming business with this company.

I got "slammed" by Heartland after ordering for the first time. Phone call welcomed me as a customer and told me about a Value club that I am now a member of without any mention of a fee. A month later I see a $59.99 extra charge on my credit card. I call up and tell them I am not interested in a membership. No push back, just a "we will refund your fee". 4 days later a credit appeared on my credit card. Excellent customer service. 3 stars instead of 5 due to the auto enrollment in the club without full disclosure that there is a fee.

I ordered shoes on November 13. They sent me an email saying they were back ordered. Two weeks later I asked them where the shoes were? They said back ordered to a later date. I asked for a refund no response. I have gone to PayPal to dispute this and force a return. HORRIBLE company! Scammers.

Needed to change something on my order & trying to call customer service is an absolute joke... They never answer the phone & when they do they immediately hang the phone up. The only time that you will actually speak to a person is when you (of course) are placing an order... Down right BS!!! This will be the very last order they will ever get from me. Very poor customer service!!!

I received a catalog that says on the front & back "Just for you take 10.00 off your order from this catalog. Use code 16682 when ordering. Offer expires 12-31-16." When making my order of a pair of moccasins for 29.99 she said the order had to be a minimum of 30.00, to get the 10.00 off. It does not say that. However on the 10.00 off sticker there is an *. At the bottom of the page in fine print it says check the order form for details. After talking to a supervisor she said she could add insurance to the order for 2.49 that way I would meet the 30.00 Min. I said, "No thanks, you can keep the moccasins," & she hung up. This kind of advertising should be illegal. No way to do business.

I received the item less than 3 weeks ago. I called because there was no discernible On/Off switch. It took several days on the phone to get through to Heartland. They suggested turning the Volume knob which of course had already been tried to no success. Then they said the product was out of warranty despite the fact I had received it less than a month ago. No concern or responsibility on their part; I was simply out of luck. Watch out for consumer fraud with this firm!

No way to cancel an order. Purchased online, but there was no way to cancel online. Called customer service, and waited 50 MINUTES for them to tell me to call PayPal to cancel; they couldn't cancel it in their system. That's B.S. HUGE RIPOFF! Advertised the item as $239 on sale for $99 w/ free shipping, but order came to $125 when they added their extra fees (tax was not included in the $125). After I placed the order, I googled the item to see what other sellers were charging for it. Found Heartland America was selling the exact same item every day on eBay for about $70 w/ $15 shipping.

This company just can't get it right. I placed an order on 5/2/16. I got a confirming email saying item was on back order and would be shipping on 5/6. I then got another email saying that it was now a pair of men's shoes that would be shipped and order backdated to 5/13. I sent an email saying I needed to cancel the order since it was wrong. They sent an email stating that the order had shipped - AFTER JUST TELLING ME IT WAS BACK ORDERED! I then get two emails addressed to George ** about this order - I am not George **. I call customer service this morning, 5/12 and the first thing customer service said was that my order HAD NOT shipped, as stated above, and could be cancelled, however that customer service has nothing to do with online ordering and no control over the emails that are sent out.

Tanya, at customer service, was rude, belligerent and really difficult to deal with and should be fired. I then called the CEO of Heartland, Bruce Brekke, and left a message outlining all of this information. There is a reason there are 75 complaints about this company. I strongly urge anyone considering ordering from Heartland to take their business elsewhere. I also encourage everyone to email the CEO.

Tornado Cordless Leaf Blower - The first time I used the item it broke. It was after their expiration for return. The battery is so heavy that the door can't hold it. It fell out and broke. Heartland needs to test their items before buying it. Their only emphasis is to get it cheap. No regard of its quality.

On 05/05/16 I ordered a pair of laser binocs. At the time of check out I hit the 'get it now' button, paid almost 10.00 for shipping so I could get it now. It was shipped on the 5th, FedEx shows delivery 5/10. I'm already disappointed & haven't gotten the product yet. Don't hit the 'get it now' button. You're wasting your money.

Ordered commercial vacuum... almost 2 months to receive. They e-mailed me weekly to say that it was on backorder again. Loved the vacuum after I finally received. Ordered 2 more. They were packaged VERY poorly and were damaged. Called and the customer service rep emailed return labels and said they would hold 2 back because they only had 7 left. Just received an email stating they had been cancelled from my order because they were no longer in stock. Called and talked to a supervisor, who was very rude. I told them if they didn't care about their customers any more than that, then I wouldn't be ordering again. He said "That's fine!" Through the whole conversation I was very nice too. Thought I would like this company but no longer do...

Purchase Shark vacuum. After 3 months stop working. Connected Customer Care to return item. They told me I had 30 days to return. When you purchase items from this co. there is no warranty with product. They are a scam co. I will never purchase again. They suck.

Refuse to return faulty product, very rude. Told me Richard Winters is the CEO of the company, which is a lie. These guys are foreigners probably not even in United States running a scam & cheating innocent Americans. BBB has 236 complaints against them & they have several bad reviews. I have contacted authorities & have started investigations with several agencies. They will not go too far with this company. If you mom & pop owner are reading this remember law will catch up to you & your scams soon.

I requested a shipping label for a product that is defective. First I was told that it would take 3 hours to receive it by E-mail, then they told me it would take 3 business days. Well either way I still did not receive the label I need to return the defective item. Their customer service people are rude.

I called your office 2 weeks ago regarding defective merchandise, the young lady was cordial and very helpful but I still have not received the label she promised me. I was told I would not have to pay for the return postage since the merchandise was defective. I have called everyday for a week and they change the rules on me. The recording says till 5 pm central and there's another recording comes on that says the office is closed. Then it says open Saturdays till 2 pm and when I call it is closed. Please advise, I need my money back. Thank you.

I ordered & received an electronic bible for $19.99, after $10.00 mail-in rebate. When I received it in the mail it was accompanied by a $10.00 certificate which I had assumed was the rebate. I had a lot of things going on in my life at that time so I put the certificate on hold. A few months later I re-discovered the certificate & found that this was to be used on my next order, not a rebate! I called them & they then gave me a different tel. # to call (their rebate dept) to start the rebate process, which included their sending me a form which would explain my next move, & gave me a rebate #.

After receiving this I discovered that there had been a time limit on my request & that it had expired! None of this was explained when I made the purchase, nor the hoops that I was required to jump through to qualify. I called them again to try to have this rectified to no avail. In addition to all of this they had charged me almost $9.00 s&h on this small item that could have been sent for two .49c stamps. So, I ended up spending almost $40.00 for something that I had expected to cost about $25.00.

This is not the first time I've had problems with them, but is the last. I returned a pair of shoes a few years ago (they didn't fit) & I only received 1/2 of my money back. They are not to be trusted. Very slick.

This is embarrassing even to send this message. I ordered two products that were, and still, duds. Do not expect you're commercial-lying addicts. Also a Midland walkie-talkie. Wow. You advertise it can reach over 38 miles when in reality, it just about reaches two blocks. Quite a CONTRAST FOR 38 miles wouldn't you agree??? I believe you're selling junk to your faithful customers. Why? If the product don't do what it is advertised to do, why send it out with a complete false push? 38 miles, wow. It can just about reach two blocks. I got this for my granddaughter and she was so angry, she almost threw it in the garbage. Then you make us pay shipping back unless we are in your Elite BS. Sorry but I'm leaving your company and going to Radio Shack. You're ridiculous.

They double charged me. Lied and said they didn't. My cardholder had to go in and give me my money back. I just started ordering from these people, am having trouble and have not even gotten my order yet. By the time it gets here it will be 17 to 20 days. I won't be ordering anything else from them.

I ordered a leather jacket from it and my size is XL. They mailed me a 3XL jacket which is a plastic imitation . Also, the price was increased by $5 over the catalogue. Nobody will answer the phone when I called them. Stay away!

Not only a broken product, but when I started to get catalogs from other companies, my suspicions about Heartland grew! The first time I called, I asked to speak to a supervisor! I told her in certain terms that I did not want them to sell my name to other companies, and to delete me from their catalog send-outs! She promised not to anymore, which I cannot believe because newer catalog companies have sent in their catalogs as well! Also Heartland America did not stop sending me catalogs!

The 2nd time I called, I asked them NOT to keep sending me catalogs, after which the woman said she would take care of it! No, they didn't listen or pass my message to the proper agent! I am still getting them, which really tee's me off! Also, I did pay a 20 dollar membership fee the first purchase, and no one ever told me that it was a YEARLY renewable fee! Knowing that some customers want to recover that yearly 20 dollars, they would probably purchase more items! I am totally sick of them at this point!

I got a call from Heartland at 7:14 a.m. asking if I wanted to receive a 10% discount for future purchases. I immediately told her (**) that I would not be ordering from Heartland in the future for several reasons. Quality of merchandise, overpriced and orders taking over a month to deliver. When I logged into my bank account several hours later, there was a debit of $19.99. I called my bank, I called customer service at Heartland to inform them of fraud. There was no order placed, there was no mention of any charge for answering my phone. How dare they use private information from their records to charge my bank for nothing. Thank goodness my bank told me exactly what to do to file fraud charges. The $19.99 was credited back within a few hours.

Heartland America Company Profile