Heartland America

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Product No. 02-70337 10x12 Heavy Duty Tarp. This is the cheapest tarp I have ever seen, advertised as HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION. To get my money returned I would have to pay postage when returning, postage, tracking and insurance $10, Product cost was $20. Not use throwing good money after bad so I will just keep this flimsy HEAVY DUTY Tarp to see how long it lasts. The tarp is made by MAXAM. Poor quality product.

I ordered this item that was supposedly in stock on 12/11/2016. I then receive an email on 12/22 that is NOT in stock and been back ordered. I cancelled the order immediately and still awaiting my refund after numerous emails... My first and last order with this outfit.

I found this site via another shopping link while researching dash cams for my SUV. Their selection was limited but I did find the model I was looking for and it was being offered at a very good price in early December. I placed my order online Dec 11th and figured delivery would take place before the 24th. I paid an extra $3.99 for expedited shipping as well.

I did receive an email order confirmation and the delivery date stated unknown at this time. Huh? The item was clearly labeled on their site as "in stock." I sent an email to HeartLand's customer service department and after not receiving a reply in five days, I called. The CS rep said that the dash cam was so popular that it is back ordered and scheduled to be back in their warehouse on Dec. 21 and my unit would ship out directly. I asked if my expedited shipping would guarantee delivery by the 24th. The rep could not guarantee this. I appreciated the honesty but was upset over the entire ordeal. My dash cam arrived securely on Dec 28. I doubt I will be ordering here again.

I ordered a WiFi Tower Antenna for $33.32 (Promo Code WW22INET) with free shipping on Nov. 14, 2016. The description said it could be used enhance your existing WiFi in your home. When I opened the box to follow the instructions they recommended you disconnect your existing WiFi. Additionally a CD Rom was needed to do the installation and was missing. When I called to complain and was quoted a restocking charge I was assured that due to my situation no stocking fee would be imposed.

I returned the item at my expense. My tracking with the Post Office the package arrived on the 28th. I allowed about 5 days and tried to contact them via phone. They said that all reps were busy and then the line went dead. After trying a number of times I resorted to an email to the company. 3 days later the reply was they were busy and refunds would come in about the next 2 weeks. Finally on Dec. 16th refund was issued minus a little over $8.

To say there's product misrepresentation and sloppy handling of returns is an understatement. They break all norms of what is required by credit card companies in the amount of time that is allowed for refunds. This should certainly be brought to the credit card companies' attention when handling their accounts. Many years ago I ordered various products from them before the computer age and they were just a catalog company, and was satisfied with their products. Shame on me. I should have checked Yelp before resuming business with this company.

I got "slammed" by Heartland after ordering for the first time. Phone call welcomed me as a customer and told me about a Value club that I am now a member of without any mention of a fee. A month later I see a $59.99 extra charge on my credit card. I call up and tell them I am not interested in a membership. No push back, just a "we will refund your fee". 4 days later a credit appeared on my credit card. Excellent customer service. 3 stars instead of 5 due to the auto enrollment in the club without full disclosure that there is a fee.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Heartland America?

I ordered shoes on November 13. They sent me an email saying they were back ordered. Two weeks later I asked them where the shoes were? They said back ordered to a later date. I asked for a refund no response. I have gone to PayPal to dispute this and force a return. HORRIBLE company! Scammers.

Needed to change something on my order & trying to call customer service is an absolute joke... They never answer the phone & when they do they immediately hang the phone up. The only time that you will actually speak to a person is when you (of course) are placing an order... Down right BS!!! This will be the very last order they will ever get from me. Very poor customer service!!!

I received a catalog that says on the front & back "Just for you take 10.00 off your order from this catalog. Use code 16682 when ordering. Offer expires 12-31-16." When making my order of a pair of moccasins for 29.99 she said the order had to be a minimum of 30.00, to get the 10.00 off. It does not say that. However on the 10.00 off sticker there is an *. At the bottom of the page in fine print it says check the order form for details. After talking to a supervisor she said she could add insurance to the order for 2.49 that way I would meet the 30.00 Min. I said, "No thanks, you can keep the moccasins," & she hung up. This kind of advertising should be illegal. No way to do business.

I received the item less than 3 weeks ago. I called because there was no discernible On/Off switch. It took several days on the phone to get through to Heartland. They suggested turning the Volume knob which of course had already been tried to no success. Then they said the product was out of warranty despite the fact I had received it less than a month ago. No concern or responsibility on their part; I was simply out of luck. Watch out for consumer fraud with this firm!

No way to cancel an order. Purchased online, but there was no way to cancel online. Called customer service, and waited 50 MINUTES for them to tell me to call PayPal to cancel; they couldn't cancel it in their system. That's B.S. HUGE RIPOFF! Advertised the item as $239 on sale for $99 w/ free shipping, but order came to $125 when they added their extra fees (tax was not included in the $125). After I placed the order, I googled the item to see what other sellers were charging for it. Found Heartland America was selling the exact same item every day on eBay for about $70 w/ $15 shipping.

This company just can't get it right. I placed an order on 5/2/16. I got a confirming email saying item was on back order and would be shipping on 5/6. I then got another email saying that it was now a pair of men's shoes that would be shipped and order backdated to 5/13. I sent an email saying I needed to cancel the order since it was wrong. They sent an email stating that the order had shipped - AFTER JUST TELLING ME IT WAS BACK ORDERED! I then get two emails addressed to George ** about this order - I am not George **. I call customer service this morning, 5/12 and the first thing customer service said was that my order HAD NOT shipped, as stated above, and could be cancelled, however that customer service has nothing to do with online ordering and no control over the emails that are sent out.

Tanya, at customer service, was rude, belligerent and really difficult to deal with and should be fired. I then called the CEO of Heartland, Bruce Brekke, and left a message outlining all of this information. There is a reason there are 75 complaints about this company. I strongly urge anyone considering ordering from Heartland to take their business elsewhere. I also encourage everyone to email the CEO.

Tornado Cordless Leaf Blower - The first time I used the item it broke. It was after their expiration for return. The battery is so heavy that the door can't hold it. It fell out and broke. Heartland needs to test their items before buying it. Their only emphasis is to get it cheap. No regard of its quality.

On 05/05/16 I ordered a pair of laser binocs. At the time of check out I hit the 'get it now' button, paid almost 10.00 for shipping so I could get it now. It was shipped on the 5th, FedEx shows delivery 5/10. I'm already disappointed & haven't gotten the product yet. Don't hit the 'get it now' button. You're wasting your money.

Ordered commercial vacuum... almost 2 months to receive. They e-mailed me weekly to say that it was on backorder again. Loved the vacuum after I finally received. Ordered 2 more. They were packaged VERY poorly and were damaged. Called and the customer service rep emailed return labels and said they would hold 2 back because they only had 7 left. Just received an email stating they had been cancelled from my order because they were no longer in stock. Called and talked to a supervisor, who was very rude. I told them if they didn't care about their customers any more than that, then I wouldn't be ordering again. He said "That's fine!" Through the whole conversation I was very nice too. Thought I would like this company but no longer do...

Purchase Shark vacuum. After 3 months stop working. Connected Customer Care to return item. They told me I had 30 days to return. When you purchase items from this co. there is no warranty with product. They are a scam co. I will never purchase again. They suck.

Refuse to return faulty product, very rude. Told me Richard Winters is the CEO of the company, which is a lie. These guys are foreigners probably not even in United States running a scam & cheating innocent Americans. BBB has 236 complaints against them & they have several bad reviews. I have contacted authorities & have started investigations with several agencies. They will not go too far with this company. If you mom & pop owner are reading this remember law will catch up to you & your scams soon.

I requested a shipping label for a product that is defective. First I was told that it would take 3 hours to receive it by E-mail, then they told me it would take 3 business days. Well either way I still did not receive the label I need to return the defective item. Their customer service people are rude.

I called your office 2 weeks ago regarding defective merchandise, the young lady was cordial and very helpful but I still have not received the label she promised me. I was told I would not have to pay for the return postage since the merchandise was defective. I have called everyday for a week and they change the rules on me. The recording says till 5 pm central and there's another recording comes on that says the office is closed. Then it says open Saturdays till 2 pm and when I call it is closed. Please advise, I need my money back. Thank you.

I ordered & received an electronic bible for $19.99, after $10.00 mail-in rebate. When I received it in the mail it was accompanied by a $10.00 certificate which I had assumed was the rebate. I had a lot of things going on in my life at that time so I put the certificate on hold. A few months later I re-discovered the certificate & found that this was to be used on my next order, not a rebate! I called them & they then gave me a different tel. # to call (their rebate dept) to start the rebate process, which included their sending me a form which would explain my next move, & gave me a rebate #.

After receiving this I discovered that there had been a time limit on my request & that it had expired! None of this was explained when I made the purchase, nor the hoops that I was required to jump through to qualify. I called them again to try to have this rectified to no avail. In addition to all of this they had charged me almost $9.00 s&h on this small item that could have been sent for two .49c stamps. So, I ended up spending almost $40.00 for something that I had expected to cost about $25.00.

This is not the first time I've had problems with them, but is the last. I returned a pair of shoes a few years ago (they didn't fit) & I only received 1/2 of my money back. They are not to be trusted. Very slick.

This is embarrassing even to send this message. I ordered two products that were, and still, duds. Do not expect you're commercial-lying addicts. Also a Midland walkie-talkie. Wow. You advertise it can reach over 38 miles when in reality, it just about reaches two blocks. Quite a CONTRAST FOR 38 miles wouldn't you agree??? I believe you're selling junk to your faithful customers. Why? If the product don't do what it is advertised to do, why send it out with a complete false push? 38 miles, wow. It can just about reach two blocks. I got this for my granddaughter and she was so angry, she almost threw it in the garbage. Then you make us pay shipping back unless we are in your Elite BS. Sorry but I'm leaving your company and going to Radio Shack. You're ridiculous.

They double charged me. Lied and said they didn't. My cardholder had to go in and give me my money back. I just started ordering from these people, am having trouble and have not even gotten my order yet. By the time it gets here it will be 17 to 20 days. I won't be ordering anything else from them.

I ordered a leather jacket from it and my size is XL. They mailed me a 3XL jacket which is a plastic imitation . Also, the price was increased by $5 over the catalogue. Nobody will answer the phone when I called them. Stay away!

Not only a broken product, but when I started to get catalogs from other companies, my suspicions about Heartland grew! The first time I called, I asked to speak to a supervisor! I told her in certain terms that I did not want them to sell my name to other companies, and to delete me from their catalog send-outs! She promised not to anymore, which I cannot believe because newer catalog companies have sent in their catalogs as well! Also Heartland America did not stop sending me catalogs!

The 2nd time I called, I asked them NOT to keep sending me catalogs, after which the woman said she would take care of it! No, they didn't listen or pass my message to the proper agent! I am still getting them, which really tee's me off! Also, I did pay a 20 dollar membership fee the first purchase, and no one ever told me that it was a YEARLY renewable fee! Knowing that some customers want to recover that yearly 20 dollars, they would probably purchase more items! I am totally sick of them at this point!

I got a call from Heartland at 7:14 a.m. asking if I wanted to receive a 10% discount for future purchases. I immediately told her (**) that I would not be ordering from Heartland in the future for several reasons. Quality of merchandise, overpriced and orders taking over a month to deliver. When I logged into my bank account several hours later, there was a debit of $19.99. I called my bank, I called customer service at Heartland to inform them of fraud. There was no order placed, there was no mention of any charge for answering my phone. How dare they use private information from their records to charge my bank for nothing. Thank goodness my bank told me exactly what to do to file fraud charges. The $19.99 was credited back within a few hours.

Trying to get to the right place by calling the 1-888-212-0506 is impossible. I want to cancel my membership in the Value Club but I have been unable to do this. My membership expires May 31, 2015 and I have called and tried to email them. I am tempted to report this to the State Attorney General's Office because I think the Heartland America company rips customers off by charging their credit card (the one that has been used by the customer to order products). I want out of the Value Club. I hardly order anything out of the catalog. No one answers their phone.

I purchased 12-100x70mm zoom binoculars, Hailey's Optics, Heartland America catalog, page 4, item No. Z5-59889. The zoom lever is marked from 12 to 100. The use of x in 100x in the product description infers that the magnification zooms to 100 power. By measuring the exit pupil of the binoculars, it was apparent that the magnification did not reach 100x in zoom. Without zoom it was about 12x as advertised, but in maximum zoom it was about 36x. The product description is certainly misleading. This report is intended to reach Hailey's Optics, but there is no contact info so I could reach them.

I ordered a pair of motorcycle chaps that were pieced together with two different types of leather. It was very poor craftsmanship. I tried to send them back and found out it would cost me more than half the cost of chaps to do so. Not happy.

Ordered Blank Firing Revolver, I do have a lot of deer around my property. And Box of 9 mm blanks rounds, yesterday eventually got the revolver, so rounds doesn't feet, 2 mil longer than have to be. Try all different ways, even our local Army Navy store workers try to help, no luck. Call directly to Heartlandamerica 1800 number, and supervisor told me, "Sorry we can't help, and we do not accept returns, try to call manufacture." Revolver made in Turkey, and to complicated everything for just $120. Lesson learn. DO NOT BUY FROM HEARTLANDAMERICA.COM.

Heartland America stole $79.00 out of my account under the pretext of giving me back $10. They even took the money from a very old account so I would not notice it, I happened to catch it luckily. Customer service put the money back but were very smug and defensive. They went to the dark side recently with scams about returning money to people when in fact they were stealing money from them with all the credit cards they have on file on everyone. BEWARE AND SHOP ELSEWHERE.

I have been placed on hold four times for more than 30 minutes, when your recording state a shorter waiting time within the past several weeks. Customer services leaves a lot to be desired and you have provided better service in the past. As a customer for several years I think you can do better.

Heartland America Company Profile