Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.52/5

Heartland America Reviews

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

On July 22, Heartland received my return of a dash camera which had a defective suction cup for mounting the camera to the windshield. It is now August 29, and still my refund is "In Process". I paid $24.99 plus tax for the unit and paid the USPS $8.20 to return it. I would strongly recommend that this company be avoided due to their poor (and possibly dishonest) response to requests for refunds.

Original review: June 12, 2019

This company is a band of criminals. I made a major order of about $750 and it's over three months and haven't received anything. Every time I call they say the ENTIRE order is on back order because of the "tariff" issues with Trump. Fine. But the whole order? Yeah right! After about a month and a half they don't let you get a word in edgewise and are the rudest company I have EVER dealt with and I order online and out of catalogs a lot because I'm retired. I just got off the phone and they were so rude. I turned it on speaker so my wife could hear. She was stunned because she thought I have been exaggerating.

I said, "Just please refund my money to my credit card." And they say the order was already cancelled so I wasn't charged. Well we were three months ago charged. I rejected that explanation and asked to speak to a supervisor and was on hold for 48 minutes. Then they said the same thing by an even more rude lady and hung up on us. It shows on this review site that they are nearly five stars yet you scroll down and every review is one star. If I could give them no star I would. Something needs to be done about them but nobody cares these days. Lesson learned. Whatever you do "DO NOT" do business with this company!

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Two months ago I made my order for a hearing enhancer. Today I’m told it is AGAIN “on backorder” after being told it was available at the time of order. I’ve made numerous calls, the most recent today, and spoke to a supervisor who told me to quit threatening her when I said I would cancel the order and make a negative review online. I know of at least a dozen people who have made orders with HA and NOBODY ever gets their order...ALWAYS on backorder. The supervisor tells me this is out of their control...With this many items in so many different categories constantly on backorder maybe the vendor list should be reviewed! I don’t think everything ordered is “a best seller and sells out quickly”! BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY EVEN IF THE ITEM IS AVAILABLE AT THE TIME OF THE ORDER.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I bought a solar spotlight and car backup camera from Heartland America this January. Both did not work. I had to pay an installer $175 on the camera to install and remove the faulty camera. Do not buy anything from them at all. Gary **, Boring OR.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I purchased the Lithium battery operated hand held air compressor at Christmas time for my inflatable boat fenders this summer. The battery held a charge with no use after a full charge for one month. I charged it again and again dead in one month. Again and same thing. Lithium batteries don't go totally dead in one month. I emailed them twice stating I believe the battery is defective and I received no reply either time. Their website states "Customer Satisfaction is our top priority". Don't believe it at all. One star for this company from me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Heartland America?

Original review: March 22, 2019

I ordered 2 pairs of women's shoes on 3/12/2019. I was emailed by the company that the order was shipped on 3/14/2019. My bank acct. (via a Visa Check Card) was debited for $82.97. I received another email on 3/19 that the package was delivered. I had NOT received it. I emailed them about it, my emails (2) were never answered. I had to call and wait 40 minutes for someone to pick up. I was told I could get a replacement or a refund, wait a couple more days to see if it arrived. It did not. I called them again, and asked them to reverse the charges on my Visa card. They would not, and would not replace it. Instead, they said I should ask my bank to open a dispute with Visa for the original charge, and reorder the shoes and pay for them again. I told them that I will not reorder, nor buy anything from them again.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I purchased two pair of slippers in Jan. I returned them within one week of purchase, on Feb. 2. Per tracking on return Heartland America received return on Feb. 9. After waiting 3 weeks and still no refund, I called. I was informed they were "very behind in the return dept." It will take at least 3-4 weeks to receive my refund. It is now March 14. I have called two more times, to only get a recording, once recording is done, it hangs up. I have emailed them at and am waiting for a response. I will NEVER buy anything from this company again. There is absolutely no reason for not giving a refund. Not to mention having to pay to return the product that was not a good fit for either my husband or myself.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My elderly Uncle sent a check to this company in January 2019. They cashed it immediately. After a month and 4 notices of the product not being available - he canceled the order and requested a refund. Weeks went by no refund. He asked for my help. I sent an email which took days for them to answer. Check was cut and mailed they said, 3 to 6 weeks. I emailed a 2nd time concerning 3 to 6 weeks. Was then told they only cut checks every 3 weeks or so, which was not what the first email said. STILL waiting on his refund.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Contacted via email Heartland America over a week ago, I was told they would contact me within 48 hours. A week went by and no one contacted me. I contacted them again a little upset, they responded within 24 hours. I was told to return the item with the original packaging, label, instructions. Everything had to be returned, purchase order, original invoice, (who saves all of this?) pay for the mailing back to them. I told them that's too much work and I threw out all of the stuff they wanted, and it doesn't pay to return it. I would just eat the loss and write a negative review about this issue. The item cost me $22.49, plus $2.99 processing fee, total $25.48. I dealt with similar issues with other serious companies and I was offered either a refund or a replacement, just throw the defective one out and they'll mailed me a new one. I'm a long time customer of HLOA, did not expect this treatment, needless to say I no longer will do business with this company.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have previously made 3 purchases with no problem, this time I had to change my credit card information. Somehow the data got scrambled. It changed the type of card, the exp date and the CVC number but reverted to a card which was lost and replaced with a new number which had now also expired. I changed the number to the correct number in "my account" on their website. Then they started to call and write to tell me my card was declined. They were using the old info.

I explained that my new CC info was in their system but all employees I talked to said they didn't have access to that info and refused to put me in touch with someone who did have access. They were rude and hung up on me. If their company doesn't give alleged supervisors access to CC info why should I give my CC info on the phone to them? The correct info was in their system but they couldn't look for it. They said they would cancel the order. I won't be buying from them again.

Heartland America Company Information