Angie's List (Now Angi)

3.8/5 (1175 ratings)

About Angi

Angi helps homeowners find trusted local professionals for all their home improvement needs. Users can see honest reviews from other local homeowners for businesses in their area, then hire the ones they want directly through Angi’s website. The Happiness Guarantee protects homeowners if they aren’t satisfied. More than 150 million people have used Angi, according to the company’s website.

Pros

• Free to use
  • Convenient mobile app
  • Verified customer reviews
  • Financing options

Cons

• Complaints about calls and emails
  • Customer service by phone weekdays only

Bottom Line

Angi is an online company that matches homeowners with companies for home improvement services. Users can see verified customer reviews and get quotes to compare multiple contractors. A Happiness Guarantee protects customers.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angie's List (Now Angi)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Angi no longer allows you to choose which contractors to contact. You have to enter a complete description of the issue and then contractors call you. I want to see a list of contractors with their ratings and I will choose who to contact.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Cody & his crew were here all day (12 hrs) clearing the old mulch & spraying the new weed growth and laying mulch over the entire backyard. They all worked tirelessly for 12 hours with this necessary project before I can rent my house. Everyone on Cody's crew was hardworking, polite & a pleasure to get to know! I would hire Cody's company again and I intend to recommend him to my local family & friends.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Contracted for 3 separate services through Angi. 2 did well, the 3rd was terrible. Tried to make a complaint through Angi's "Happiness Guarantee". Sent 2 emails and eventually called. Customer service agent was NOT helpful at all and I have not been contacted about my complaint. Do NOT use or trust Angi unless you are a gambler.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

It’s hard finding someone trustworthy and competent to work in your home. Angi has helped with roof replacement on our former home, and finding Bob ** to worked at numerous projects in the house we recently purchased. We trust the people sent by Angi. This service has been mentioned to our friends when they are searching for someone to come to their home and have a project done. We certainly appreciate the ease of Angie’s list.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

I needed two trees trimmed, one in the front and one out back. I just called yesterday and they immediately got with me. Showed up this morning at 9 and I hired them on the spot. They came prepared and we’re done in 2 hours. Cleaned up every leaf and limb. Great job and very professional. I definitely would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

They did a wonderful job. I would definitely hire again and give referrals. They moved my furniture without damaging any of the items or the property that they came out of. They were professional and moved our items in a timely fashion. Great company few to do business with.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

My experience was outstanding. The Team was also outstanding!!! Very supportive, caring, and professional. We love our new bathroom. It is gorgeous. I love my beautiful tub, toilet room, gorgeous cabinets, and the design. Absolutely, amazing. My family loves it. My soaking tub is more than I ever could have dreamed.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

The business is scamming business owners listed with Angie's List. Any time a consumer pings a contractor listed with Angie's, the contractor is automatically charged for the referral. Our experience has been the the consumer WILL NOT answer the calls from us or will lie and tell us they've already contracted another contractor (15 minutes after the referral is sent). Consumers use it to search for contractors with NO INTENTION of contracting. Angie's CHEATS the contractor out of "advertising" charges and WILL NOT refund when a lead is dead from the start. DON'T GET SCAMMED LIKE WE DID!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Every part of the experience was excellent. From the punctuality of getting the estimate to the actual installation everything was done on a timely basis and with as professional people as I’ve ever worked with. I will definitely be referring them to all of my friends.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I had reserved a handyman. Because I am partially disabled and a single woman I tried contacting the Handyman. He never returned my call. So I canceled 5 days before the reserved date. On that day the Handyman called me. I told him I had canceled 5 days prior and he did not return my call. His English was not that good but I thought he understood. So not only did he do nothing but I have been charged for work that says was completed. I tried to find the name of the Handyman on my account and there is no information. They request all this info that I do not have.

I don't have an invoice. I don't have any cancellation notice. I think taking advantage of someone and taking their money is about as low as a company can get. I have no recourse because there is no information on the order except Handyman completed the job. I make very little money and it was a lot for me to pay. So now I am paying for something I did not receive through Affirm who are equally crooks in my opinion. I have nothing good to say and I hope everyone thinks twice before they hire such a deplorable company. Never again. And because I don't have that info I cannot write a review on Angie's List.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

When trying to write a review of tree service provider we recently used I was prevented from submitting the review unless I accepted Angi terms and conditions. There was no way to accept the terms and I was stuck in an infinite loop. I was signed in at the time. The helpful chat agent gave me a link to a slightly different review page and I was able to complete the review without the problem. The only difference was that the first review page was accessed via a link from an email from the tree service provider and the review pages was laid out differently with that link.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to rate Angi's or the contractor I used. I'm happy with Angi's and ecstatic with my cabinet guy, Dennis ** of Affordable Cabinets of Cape Cod. I found several of my contractors on Angi's and so I'm quite happy with the service and would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

In my humble opinion here, Angie’s List is a Corrupt Company. We hired them to send someone to clean our home monthly. Their very first visit was cancelled by them at 7:30am for a Saturday 8am appointment. That should have been a red flag. They rescheduled for the following Tuesday at 4pm to 6:30pm. They arrived 10 minutes late and they only worked for 70 minutes and they said they were done. To summarize, they didn’t do much at all. They never swept the floors and they just wiped everything down with a DRY cloth and really didn’t get much accomplished at all.

We paid them cash and after they left, we saw everything they did not do. We tried calling the maid directly, of course Rhonda ** did not call us back, go figure. We called Angi at their 800 #. Angi outsources all of their customer service calls to the Philippines. What a flipping joke. Their customer service is the worst on the planet. They are completely clueless in helping a customer. They just double talk you to death so you want to hang up. The kicker here is they have my credit card on file in case I did not pay the maid. I paid her in cash and then Angi charged my credit card too. I sent them an email with over 20 photographs detailing what their crew missed cleaning. They offered us 50% off our next cleaning. That’s like getting 50% off your next visit with Beelzebub.

No matter what, you are going to get screwed big time. Please do the research before hiring anyone from Angie’s List. The company doesn’t give two ** if you are happy or not with the service you’ve received. They DO NOT want to fix or correct the problems at hand either. They just ignore your emails and they will not call you back with any assistance. They’ll just hang you out to dry. Negative 100,000,000,000 Stars. Angie’s List needs to be investigated for corruption at all levels of the company.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Was trying to find company who could install pet resistant turf because we have large dogs who have destroyed yard around back porch. Angi made it super easy to find and contact local companies!! The company we went with was super friendly, professional and timely!!! We were kept up to date with progress of project the entire time from when we signed contract!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

This was easy to use, much easier than the last time I tried. I will be using Angi more in the future. I do request that when I’m researching, please don’t submit me to those I’m checking out. I want to be the 1 to make contact 1st.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I booked a service through "Angi" based on the generally good reputation of the old "Angie's List". Big mistake. They rescheduled 10 minutes before my appointment time and chose a new time for me that didn't work for me. I called and texted and emailed and they refused to cancel the appointment or give me a refund. The technician showed up at the arbitrary time they had specified and I wasn't there so they marked the service as complete. Further calls and emails were to no avail. Stay far away from this company. Their only goal is to dupe you into scheduling an appointment and they do nothing after that.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Job was done on timely manner, tech clean all is area when done., dress very tidy and professional, tech was on time, I was very satisfied with my job, my air condition is now running very good..I will and always call again for this tech to come my house again,,, and I will always recommend him to anyone, very good and excellent service.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

They were terrific. They were very professional, conscientious, and meticulous. They arrived on time and worked efficiently. They were very courteous and answered all my questions satisfactorily. They cleaned up thoroughly. I would certainly hire them again for any work needed in the house.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Love Angi, it’s a great review website that’s an extremely helpful tool. Found reviews for Katies Cleaning Co and other services on here that helped inform my decision on picking the right business to go with and it hasn’t let me down.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Charles understood the assignment of low maintenance design… He came up with the design and arrangement of flowers based on the description of what I was looking for. He was very professional and punctual.. They are a very hard working family!!! They worked a whole day pulling up roots from a nearby tree. Their work was exceptional.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

Replaced all windows in our. Great Job, they started on time, made sure to cover everything and cleaned up after done. One window had small dent on the frame. Called and came back with new window with no problem! Service was great from beginning to end!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

Angi sent me a painter for a project in my kitchen. This person used the contractor license of someone else illegally. They charged me for work not done and never finished the work. Angi promised me a refund and never sent me the money. I waited a month and contacted them several times about it. They gave me a crook for a painter and then lied to me about the refund. I have the emails to prove this and will take them to small claims court.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

I have used Angi to find professions for landscaping, yard maintenance, roofing, exterior painting, and electrical work. I am very happy to have a place I can count on to find quality professionals to do the work I need done.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

Foundation repair. Professional foundation repair. Performed a complete earthquake retrofit on our home. They did the most excellent job. Their customer service could not be beat. Their workers were responsive as well as their office staff. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Book a lawn mowing service through Angi List. Went to verify who was coming on the scheduled day and the app and the website said to contact a specific person and a phone number. When called, the person couldn't tell the company's name and said she could not tell me more information because she was at work. I hung up and called Angi customer service. Was on hold for an hour, then the first customer service person I spoke to was rude and provided me with a fake phone number for their corporate office. After another hour of being on hold, I finally talked to another customer service agent that canceled the job. I used them for a move when they were Angie's List and didn't have an issue. What has happened to this company? Customer beware!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

It was a great experience. Good conversation and the work was done fast but accurate. I would definitely send or recommend others to try these services. You can thank me later in your own reviews. Also ask for the full package that buffer is everything.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

Arizona Trade Masters came and fixed my home AC unit and did a great job and I would use them every time. They went out of their way to get my part that was on backorder. They actually bought a new compressor for me to get my AC done in a timely manner.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I would never recommend Angi for this service again. It was like signing up for a black box. No contract, no invoice, no statement of work. I had no idea what I signed up for, and apparently it wasn't much. My tenants moved out and I needed the apartment cleaned. Fortunately for me, I requested the stove and refrigerator to be cleaned because that was not a standard service and it would not have been done either. Actually upon further inspection, there was a streak of grease running down the entire length of the oven door. The only thing I could tell that the standard service provided was all sinks and faucets were cleaned and the kitchen countertop was cleaned. Of the items cleaned, one toilet was still dirty, and the drawer below the oven was not cleaned (See Photo). The floors were not mopped or even swept. I don't think they even entered the bedrooms.

About the time the cleaners were supposed to arrive I received a phone call stating that their car broke down and they needed to catch an Uber. I understand that happens. They were one hour and 10 minutes late. Then, later, one lady admitted the car had been in the shop for a week, meaning the car trouble was known in advance. She also stated she was contracted for 5 hours of work. That was news to me since again, I didn't know what I was getting. Was that 5 man hours or 5 team hours? In any event they were "finished" in about 2 and half hours.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

My first experience with Angi involved an electrician coming to my house and yelling at me to pay him a $150 fee just for showing up and giving a rough estimate, although he had said over the phone that the estimate would be free. He also yelled at me that he had to pay a $75 finders fee to Angi and demanded I reimburse him for that. I complained to Angi and they did nothing--they never even responded. I told my agent and he said, "that's why I stopped using HomeAdvisor." I have attempted to hire other pros through Angi/HomeAdvisor but I have found the options are very limited and prices are inflated.

I also find it distasteful how Angi forces you to give tons of information just to get rough price estimates online. Their one-question-at-a-time interface is annoying and misleading, and they collect way more personal info than they should. For instance, if you review a contractor, you have to agree to give the contractor your name and all your personal info. Just so they can harass you, I assume. And to dissuade any negative reviews. Even this review requires me to give my home address and all contact info. Probably for the same reasons. Thumbtack is way better.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

We've lived in our home for twenty years. The baseboards were looking pretty bad. Having them replaced was important. Unfortunately, I did not know whom to contact. Using the service was both easy and fast. I was able to find someone who was local and he finished the job well.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information