3.4/5 (595 ratings)
Angie's List (Now Angi)

About Angie's List (Now Angi)

Angi helps homeowners find trusted local professionals for all their home improvement needs. Users can see honest reviews from other local homeowners for businesses in their area, then hire the ones they want directly through Angi’s website. The Happiness Guarantee protects homeowners if they aren’t satisfied. More than 150 million people have used Angi, according to the company’s website.

Pros

• Free to use
  • Convenient mobile app
  • Verified customer reviews
  • Financing options

Cons

• Complaints about calls and emails
  • Customer service by phone weekdays only

Bottom Line

Angi is an online company that matches homeowners with companies for home improvement services. Users can see verified customer reviews and get quotes to compare multiple contractors. A Happiness Guarantee protects customers.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angie's List (Now Angi)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I found an electrical contractor form Angi's and I could not get the job estimate cost from anyone. I was quoted 3 separate cost estimates and none were right. They take it out of your bank account as soon as the contractor finishes the project. They do not give the contractor's name so you can read any reviews. Finally, the contractor only gets about 1/3 of what Angi bills me. Tried to get my $29.00 membership fee back but they would not refund it. Stay AWAY from Angi. The contractor was good and knew his business, it's Angi that is the pain.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

I went on Angi to research local painters that I wanted to hire for interior painting on my home. I found Superior Painting with several excellent reviews. I contacted Superior Painting for an estimate of the job requested. They came out and gave me a very good estimate. Two months elapsed before I could get them out to do the job due to Covid quarantines and backlog of jobs. I am very happy with the painters and the job that they did. I would recommend Superior Painting to anyone in North Florida.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Ron and Kevin were great. There were a few hiccups like delayed delivery of replacement skylights and rain but Complete Skylights kept us informed and updated every step of the way. They were very helpful moving furniture and taping and mudding after installation. They were timely and neat. Very professional. One glitch is the solar blinds for the bedrooms are on backorder due to the chip shortage, verified on Velux website. When they are in Ron will be back to install them. He is trying to find at least one for our master bedroom as soon as possible as it's bright now. I will highly recommend Complete Skylights to anyone in need of this service.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I wanted someone to remove mold out of my bathroom in my master bedroom. I thought I had mold because of a musty smell in my house. Jimenez came to my house. Gave me an estimate of $1600 if they were to remove mold. Jimenez came and cut up my ceiling in bedroom, found no mold ànd did not replace my ceiling, sprayed green water on my closet walls and told me my closets were leaking. It was 4 closets. All they did was painted the closets with KILLZ paint which I did before going on Angie's List. In the Master bathroom they cleaned out behind the Shower and sprayed behind the shower with the green water and painted it with KILLZ paint and charged me $1600.00 and did not remove no mold. I gave them $1000.00. I gave them all my money and I did not get what I paid for.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I cannot thank Rodney enough. His responsiveness and attentiveness were very appreciated. I had issues with my disposal also and he checked it out and let me know it didn’t need to be replaced, just fixed. Then he tackled the dishwasher, which was no easy feat. He talked to me the whole time, explained everything he was doing and even saved me money in the end. I am so grateful and thankful for all his help!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

This was my first time using Angie's List. My husband recommended it because he said I could trust the resources recommended. I reached out to three plumbers identified by Angie's list. All responded, but I went with the company that responded the fastest - almost immediately. He used both phone and text to reach me; the others used only phone (and I actually respond better to text so two methods were helpful). The person I spoke to was knowledgeable and patient. He was also responsive and we set an appointment quickly. I then had to make a chance, and he was also adaptable to my needs. Ultimately, I was satisfied the job performed. The experience has encouraged me to use Angie's list again in the future.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I called Angi because I was having problems with requesting service and making a payment with Angi Pay from 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM on 9/18/21. I had to pay a additional $120. Angi’s Customer Service Sucks!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

When I first started researching Contractors I came across Angi and filled out all of the information required. Once this was done I was contacted by 2 and contacted 6, out of all of them they were are overpriced, some not licensed as the site claims, they claim they do background checks which I find to be false as I had 3 come that were not licensed or bonded. The remaining felt the need to price gouge on work to be done, so I went to another site known as yelp or even just googling the company and contacting the State Contractors Board to see if a person was licensed or not. But I had other Contractors arrive which was about 5 more and all had fairer prices versus from Angi's.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

I have used Angi (Angie's List) for years. I always rely on their recommendations /referrals for any work I need to have completed. I was contacted right away by one of five contractors. Another contractor contacted me weeks after my initial inquiry. Three of five contractors never responded. I am very satisfied with the contractor I used and have him scheduled for more jobs. I feel comfortable using contractors I find through Angi based on recommendations and reviews.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Angi is quite a huge let-down. They take advantage of any willing and struggling business out there. The Angi platform is built off the backs of unsuspecting business owners and they do not care if their monthly theft places a business into an ongoing deficit while providing no support or guidance. Our business has paid them $400 per month over the last quarter-year and they have done nothing that they promised to help advertise us to their homeowner base. No one person from Angi contacted us, as we were told they would, to provide individual support and guidance. We have had almost no customer connections through them as well. An Angi representative told us that for the price each month we would have priority access to customers within a geographical area. What a joke that turned out to be! The only role they haven't failed to perform is taking payment each month. Taking payment while providing nothing in return.

When we have contacted them to understand why they weren't providing the promised support and burying our company name in a large list of vendors for all customers to sift-through. We were told that we needed five reviews to move up the vendor list. A complete reversal of the whole "priority access" promise. But yes, you guessed it, they offered no monthly discount for them burying our company.

Why would anyone pay hard-earned money for advertising just to be buried on a list of vendors and to have no control over your placement. Other than through an arbitrary process of gaining "reviews". Reviews that you cannot get because you don't have the list placement that you were told you'd be paying for. What a complete joke!! And on top of all of this, no one from Angi will return your phone call nor is available when you call to resolve a dispute like this. We have been trying for several weeks to do so, with no success. I recommend all business consumers stay well away from Angi. They will most likely only stunt your businesses success.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Thanks to Angi, I found exactly what I was looking for. Everything was easy to find without difficulty. Again, thank you for a wonderful experience. I will be using Angi for the rest of my home projects.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Angi Leads (formerly HomeAdvisor) is an unethical and dishonest company. I've been charged hundreds of dollars for leads I did not accept (some were in completely different areas of expertise). They will say you have the option to accept or reject leads but your don't. Once you receive a lead you will be charged immediately (usually more than you were quoted) even if you're not interested, or it's not your line of work. When we signed up we were told we would only be charged for leads we accepted. Not so. The rep I spoke with said you don't have the ability to reject a lead, even if you're too busy. This is a terrible company and if you're thinking of signing up with them, don't.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I selected Blessed Electric & Air to help me bring my old home up to current electrical standard, and attach an RV and generator ports that could be used to make my home more functional. Jeff and his team were responsive to my needs, though they were new to the Austin TX area. I had a timeline that was flexible and Jeff worked with me as I matured the idea of what I wanted for the work on my home. His rates were competitive, and his responsiveness was good. I would suggest considering Blessed for your needs they have been good partners.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

After I finally figured out how to submit a review it was quite easy. I would suggest putting something on your homepage that can get a person quickly to the part of the website that is for reviews of contractors.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Prompt response time from installation request to setting appointment. Upon arrival installer was very knowledgeable and provided solutions to every question I had. He goes above and beyond to make sure that your tv is mounted and that the cords are completely covered. Definitely recommend!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Angie’s is the first place I always go looking for reviews before hiring a contractor. I’ve never been disappointed. I can always count on getting multiple referrals and calls from local contractors with no obligation to get fair and competitive pricing.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

The contractor offer to open the entry way and reframe for French doors for a price of 2024.00 and charged 2194.13. My house has solid cedar walls which eliminated replacing sheetrock. Which he charged 395.00. He left major gaps down the inside of framing where you can see the cedar boards. There are no closure on inside of framing. Looks terrible and unfinished. I would never recommend his work, he half finishes and will tell you it will cost a lot more for him to make it right. Extremely DISAPPOINTED!!! I have pictures, and would be glad to show them.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Terry, Thank you for sharing your feedback about this pro. We are very sorry to hear that your experience was anything less than positive. We're here and happy to help. Please send an email to emailus@angi.com with more details on the pro you hired so that we can assist you further and follow up. -AngiSupport

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

The companies/providers I have used from Angi have been all great. The providers have been professional in their expertise. They have shown responsibility by arriving for scheduled appointments on time and beginning the job they were hired for.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Pool is 25 years old. Surfaces were rough, tiles falling off and coping coming off. The renovation removed all tiles and coping and replaced with new. Plaster was refinished so the pool looked and felt like new.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

This new site is ok. I like the older Angie's List site better. Sometimes It can be difficult to surf around to find reviews or give reviews. There are contractors on here that initially respond and then stop responding. Not sure why they are allowed to continue to do business. But overall, I've used Angie's List for years. I joined when Angie HIcks started the site in 1995. I remember distinctly joining in the Orlando Airport. Thanks again for filtering out the better contractors.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

This experience was flawless from beginning to end...Manuel was nothing but friendly and professional. His first contact with me was only about forty-five minutes after I requested the quote via Angie's. He was very punctual and kept in constant contact with me. The price of replacing my wood fence gate was very reasonable and he performed the work in a very timely manner. I realized that he made an exception for me as his company usually performs larger jobs, but he wanted to take care of my need. The gate looks great and I am totally satisfied! Manuel put customer service first and I could not be happier. He will be the one I reach out to whenever I need his services in the future, and I will refer anyone I can to reach out to him for similar services.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I signed up for Angi to find a contractor to make a repair to my home. In less than 6 weeks, my estimate has dropped over $80,000. This is absolutely ridiculous, as many people rely on these estimates. How are these 2 companies connected? What is going on with this? I will not be asking Angi for any more recommendations, as this seems quite inappropriate.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi LuWanna, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that your experience with this pro was not more of a positive one. We are happy look further into this and address the work quality issues you've experienced. Please send your info and more details about this pro and your project to emailus@angi.com so we can follow up. -AngiSupport

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

They did a great job. The owner and his crew were very nice. They were in and out it only took one day for them to pave the driveway. I was well pleased with the work they provided. I would highly recommend them if you need a new driveway or any asphalt needs give them a call.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

We used Russ and his company to help with continued water issues in our basement. His extended knowledge, professionalism, and willingness to help was outstanding. His crew was equally as good as they were diligent in following his instructions and making the necessary adjustments in a timely manner. He and they never made us feel as if this was just another job for them but rather that it presented a challenge that they were more than willing to take on and resolve. Great outstanding customer service and appreciation. Highly recommend him and his company to anyone having issues. For this man it is about integrity, respect and honor for the service he provides and his clients.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I have used this site before to find a plumber in my area. I did contact one of their references....He did the work and I have used him again because of his quality of service. The same applies when I contacted Angi for painter references. The service I employed was someone who I will be using again because of the expertise and quality of his services. Angie's List is a very useful program.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Unprofessional contractor. Certainly not a man of his word. Not even sure he's accredited. Project was to be completed weeks ago. It's not even close. He hasn't even showed up recently. It's just not worth the time and stress giving this company your money. They were the highest bidder but I took them on anyways based on their verbal promises and disclosures.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

We requested a quote for driveway repair from company (Sheldon) which Angie's List recommended. They (Angie's list) charged for repair that was not done. Won't give us a credit. They also now charge for service to use Angie's list. We can't get that credit for that either.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Angi is very nice to have at my fingertips when looking for professionals to help care for our house. Angi makes the task of finding a good provider easier, and I think that because of the reviews, the best providers rise to the top!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Had my kitchen and countertops repaired plus flooring in kitchen and dining room. Work was completed by Unique JNZ Home-services the contractor Juan ** did a great job with the cabinets and flooring. I only had one minor problem that was not caused by Juan but by Apex stone and granite which Juan recommended was the granite countertops was poor quality granite. It had many small chips, scratches and flaws that were not noticed until after the countertops were installed. Overall I am pleased with the outcome of the repairs and after a granite inspection done they stated that the granite that Apex sold was a quality 6/10 rating. I got what I paid for the inspector stated. As a contractor Juan was very professional, courteous and on time. He cleaned up all his trash from the repairs after his work was completed. I would recommend Juan to anyone who may need home repairs.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

What an absolute disaster. I was looking for a handyman to repair issues caused by a previous handyman’s work so used Angi to book someone. The handyman came but said he didn’t have the experience needed to do the job and left. I was charged almost $200 anyway. When I called to straighten it out, they had no record or me or my profile. After days of phone calls and emails someone finally discovered that the rep who set up my booking put it under another member’s account. The fee I paid was actually for a service that member had contracted. This was supposed to be easier but what a nightmare. The only saving grace was connecting with a second pro who has actually been amazing but I will not book anything through Angi.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information