3.5/5 (501 ratings)
Angie's List (Now Angi)

About Angie's List (Now Angi)

Angi helps homeowners find trusted local professionals for all their home improvement needs. Users can see honest reviews from other local homeowners for businesses in their area, then hire the ones they want directly through Angi’s website. The Happiness Guarantee protects homeowners if they aren’t satisfied. More than 150 million people have used Angi, according to the company’s website.

Pros

• Free to use
  • Convenient mobile app
  • Verified customer reviews
  • Financing options

Cons

• Complaints about calls and emails
  • Customer service by phone weekdays only

Bottom Line

Angi is an online company that matches homeowners with companies for home improvement services. Users can see verified customer reviews and get quotes to compare multiple contractors. A Happiness Guarantee protects customers.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angie's List (Now Angi)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Original review: July 7, 2021

J & B contractors came to my home and did the job that I needed done. I would recommend them to anyone else. They did it with the price we agreed upon and the work went well. They did everything that I asked him to do with.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Thank you for the great feedback for J & B contractors! We're happy to hear about your experience. If you haven't done so already, feel free to leave them a review at https://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review, or call us at 888-811-2644 and we'd be happy to take the review over the phone. -AngiSupport

Original review: June 17, 2021

Richard went over and above installing my driveway. He knew City of Portland code and was very reasonable on price, and quality of his work was superior. He also set 5 beams for my patio cover while he was there which was not included in bid. This company was the best contractor experience I've ever had and I have hired many contractors so I speak from experience. This contractor does more than driveways and is very experienced in his knowledge. He was always on time and his crew was fast, accurate, and timely. My driveway and patio cover are beautiful. I will hire Richard and his team on every construction job I have in the future and I know I will not have to worry about any of the details of the job, I can actually relax and leave it all up to Richard. Thanks Richard. You were delightful and trustworthy.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Deborah, Thanks so much for sharing with us your positive experience with this pro! It's great to hear that you have found a pro you can entrust your future projects with. If you haven’t done so already, feel free to leave them a review either through the app or at www.angi.com. -AngiSupport

Original review: March 30, 2021

Had superior products ext. do vinyl siding, front door, and shutters for us. They did a fabulous job. They were professional. Did job on time, cleaned everything up. They followed all COVID restrictions did an overall great job. Recommend to everyone!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Manny Appliance Repair came out to repair my refrigerator. I called on Sunday and they were out early Monday morning. I am a Senior Citizen - two technicians and they were very helpful. "Step away, we've got this." Nothing for me to do - Fan motor needs to be replaced - Ordered and will be back tomorrow to replace. Thank you Angie's List. Could not be more satisfied.

Original review: May 20, 2021

The contractor I researched and hired was excellent. Unfortunately, he was listed with Angi/HomeAdvisor and to pay by credit card, I needed to download the APP to my CELL. There is no way to cc pay from a computer or by phone, YOU MUST USE THE APP. My payment attempt just buffered. I didn't know if it had gone through or not, and called Angi app customer service 888-820-ANGI. Betsy said Angi's didn't handle the credit cards and transferred me to HomeAdvisor.

After 3 request to spell her name because I could not understand her, I finally got "Claudine", who said I didn't have an account and she couldn't help me. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she said she couldn't help me. I asked to be transferred back to Angi's customer service and she said she couldn't help me. The only clear words this woman speaks are "I can't help you". I called my cc company and alerted them to a potential fraud. I uninstalled the Angi app and notified the contractor I will be mailing him checks.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi KH, We apologize for your frustrations with our customer service team and our payment options. The payment option through the app is designed to be convenient for homeowners to safely and efficiently pay for services. You can reach out to our team that assists with payments through our app either by phone at 855-975-7133 or by email at support@book.angi.com. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at homeownercare@angi.com

– Angi Support

Original review: May 13, 2021

Save your money and DO NOT sign up with them as a business to advertise. I’ve paid $400 month for “leads” which were either non existent or non related to our business. When I called to cancel (which I had done for 3 months in a row) they say they will change information to get better leads every time. Homeowners should be aware that the contractors they get from Angie's list are paid and it has nothing to do with the quality of their work. They are charging my business another $1100 (on top of the $3400 already paid) to CANCEL their terrible service. Businesses and homeowners beware.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Tricia, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your advertising experience with us was anything less than positive. We would be happy to look further into this matter for you. Please reach out to businesscenter@angi.com or give us a call at 888-819-2644.

-Angi Support

Original review: May 5, 2021

Avoid Angi. We tried them a second time as a vendor, and our second experience was worst from the first. Poor customer service/support. They were unable to properly set up our company for the correct services we do and do not do. They were unable to rectify an issue of listing our company in cities and counties we do not service. Angi hounded us for a couple of weeks for us to call clients to go to Angi and leave reviews (we have over 30 reviews). Customer service issues with Angi would either not be completed, or we were told they were unable to help. It took over three weeks to cancel after numerous calls. When they tell you a rep will call you back within 48hours, do not hold your breath, we had to call them back after not hearing from them in seven days. After finally cancelling, they billed our card over $400. We received no invoice, nor email explaining the charges. Again, we had to call them for an explanation. Avoid Angi like the plague.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Craig, We are very sorry to hear that the experience you had with Angi and our customer service team was anything less than positive. After reviewing your account, it appears that your client success manager had tried to reach you to get these issues resolved. We regret that your advertising didn’t work out better and we would be happy to further address any of your concerns. Please contact our Business Center at 888-819-2644 to speak with a live specialist or reach out to us via email at businesscenter@angi.com. – AngiSupport

Original review: May 3, 2021

I joined Angie's about two months ago, but never became a member. After researching them further, I found it just wasn't for me. That didn't stop their company from calling me nonstop, to this day. I have lost track of the number of times I have asked them to stop calling me. I have blocked them multiple times, but they'll just call from another number and leave message after harassing message. I have called corporate and complained and was supposedly put on a "do not call list, I have called and asked to be deleted from their system. Which was also another lie. I have called supervisors, to no avail. I tried calling their HR, but they don't have one, I've been told.

When asked to transfer to their version of HR, it's a never ending music hold. I've been called, texted and emailed multiple times. I've been harassed by one agent sending me personal texts, asking why I won't answer the phone and why I won't join! How is this legal? I have filed grievances with the BBB, but they're toothless. They will not stop till I guess I just cave in and give them money, again; HOW IS THIS LEGAL? Avoid them AT ALL COSTS, they are parasites. If not, enjoy the never ending harassment and intimidation.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Bill, Thank you for your feedback. After reviewing your account, I see that you were able to speak with a specialist in the Business Center and you have been added to the do not call list per your request. Please reach back out to the business center if you have any further concerns or questions.

-Angi Support

Original review: April 29, 2021

I went to Angie's List to find a Pool Cleaning Company. Found that this is now Angi. I had not heard good things from Contractors but I thought as a consumer it might be different. What a waste of time.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Lynda, We apologize for any frustration our website may have caused in trying to find a pool cleaning company. We’d be happy to further assist you with your search if you still need this service. Feel free to reach out at 888-811-2644 or homeownercare@angi.com. – AngiSupport

Original review: April 29, 2021

About 10-13 years ago I signed up with this firm. We had a good run was good for both of us. During covid-19 we decided at the beginning of the year to rebrand my company and allocated advertising funds that did not include Angieslist and we would not be renewing our subscription. I understand we are under contract for 12 months "anniversary" term I've been in business for over 20 years. Well, we received an email from angieslist that they were no longer and now it is Angi. Looks like someone bought them out or they decided to re brand also. At this time I thought well who knows what is going to happen next? Who owns it? Chris ** serviced our agreement and was my rep (contact) for our current term. They took over $1,000.00 from my account for early termination fees during an unprecedented time where we all are looking closely at our resources!

I requested to terminate and I received this response when I found out about the resources taken from my account. "There was never a conversation that involved waiving early termination fees." I stated: “Yes, I already cancelled it the first time. It will run until the end of your monthly anniversary date”. "When you requested to cancel, the account was cancelled. And the advertising runs until your monthly anniversary date then the advertising is pulled. It was cancelled before the contract was up and that comes with early termination. If you wanted to reinstate, I believe we can get those fees waived, but if not, they will stick".

My argument is that they trick you into the term "Anniversary". It is deceiving to distract the client into believing it's yearly when in fact they use it in the context of monthly. Shame on me for not catching this, but I gotta say it's pretty crafty. I thought I would escalate this to a supervisor or someone that would see my point and maybe have some compassion, take into consideration our long term relationship. Kim **'s response to my concern: "I wanted to follow up on Chris' email. Chris is correct. When you entered this business-to-business advertising arrangement by signing our contractual agreement, you agreed to work with Angi for 12-months to help you achieve your business goals over the 12-month time. By cancelling early, that nullified what you agreed to do. The consequence is initiating the Early Termination Fee, plus any unpaid advertising months.

As a business owner I am sure you understand contracts. Angi has been around for over 25 years because of the value add we have provided to thousands upon thousands of excellent service pros like you. I want to help you and I can help you. If you are open to a conversation about re-engaging with Angi as a featured advertising partner, please call me at ** or reply to this email.

If you are not interested, there is no need to contact me and we will follow our collection process (which if not resolved will lead to your account being sent to a debt collector.) My hope is you reach out to me to discuss what we need to do to get you back to the Angi money table.

Drive Success to Your Business, TODAY!

Kind regards,

Kim **
Advertising Client Experience Manager
Angi Corporate Headquarters

** (phone) | ** (text)"

I Told Kim on our final phone call that they needed to change the term "anniversary" as it is very misleading. Who has monthly anniversaries? Really? Please, in the world of contracting weddings, I mean when you hear the term anniversary first thought is yearly no one I know celebrates monthly anniversary? I asked Wikipedia this is the definition: "An anniversary is the date on which an event took place or an institution was founded in a previous year, and may also refer to the commemoration or celebration of that event. For example, the first event is the initial occurrence", anyways I thanked him for the run. They lost in my opinion the best client they ever had that paid their bills over 10 years on time.

I gave them the opportunity to make it right but they took the greed route. I hope nothing but the best for them as far as I am concerned they failed and I will never endorse them nor give them my hard earned advertising dollars ever again. Thank you angieslist for the run good bye angi. Needless to say I was not impressed and concluded to absorb the cost and move on. I serve a great God that will replenish the loss. Stay safe and healthy. I really hope this comment helps someone. My very Kindest regards Andy.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Andres, We are very sorry to hear about this experience you had with Angi. We greatly value your feedback. If there is anything that we can do to help, or if you would like to further discuss any concerns, please reach out to us at businesscenter@angi.com or give us a call at 888-819-2644. -AngiSupport

Original review: April 26, 2021

I am a senior that needed a contractor. Angi advertizes certified experts. I got one who took my downpayment but did no work. It is over a year now. I fell for all the lies. Last week the contractor still was A certified. Angie’s list said they did a background check. I started with the business license - not in good standing. Then I went to the court cases - 7 pages. Then I noticed there was a similar review about taking money a year before but no work. Now both negative reviews have disappeared. The construction company with many names is listed as Done Rite Construction with Bobby Wise. I found other names associated. I just want money I paid returned. No more stories. It is over a year.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Rose, We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with this pro and we appreciate your feedback. We’re here to help and would be happy further assist you in this matter. Please contact our customer care team with your contact information at homeowner@angi.com, or you can call us at 888-811-2644. -AngiSupport

Original review: April 22, 2021

The company Has lied every step of the way. Bogus leads, being charged more than what was agreed on, and he’s a major pain to try to get anything fixed. Stay away from Angie’s list, HomeAdvisor, and all the other companies they have under their name.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi David, We are sorry to hear that your advertising experience with Angi was anything less than positive. We’re here to help and would be happy further assist you in this matter. Please contact our customer care team by email at businesscenter@angi.com or by phone at 888-819-2644. -AngiSupport

Original review: April 13, 2021

Buyer beware! The Moving Company is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and can be neither trusted nor referred as a competent relocation partner! SHAME ON ME FOR TRUSTING THEM. Moving is, in and of itself, a stressful time for most people. Especially when you take particular care of your stuff and have high expectations of those you select to assist you with the process. That said, this review is intended to warn others to do their homework and be extra careful when selecting a moving company.

At first, my impression of these people was quite positive and of no concern whatsoever. A mentality I had was ‘let’s get this done together, I trust you’. Now that it’s said and done, in hindsight, I was so very mistaken. Be sure not to make the same mistake. Get multiple bids and ensure they do a detailed inventory of your belongings. During the move, watch their EVERY move. They won’t always be forthright about having damaged your stuff. But you’ll notice it days later after you’ve made payment as you settle into your new place. Also, be sure to take a look inside the truck once your belongings have (supposedly) all been moved to your new residence. Things get honestly (or otherwise) missed.

1) The cost of my move was grossly underestimated. The original estimate was for $2100 which seemed reasonable. Given all of the positive online reviews, coupled with their initial (and ultimately grossly underestimated) cost, I blindly selected The Moving Company. Not only was their cost underestimated by 76% (I ultimately paid them $3700), the move required two trucks on two separate days scheduled one week apart. This could have been a worse problem but fortunately the first move was well before my closing date. This cost estimate was also after I invited them to my home to see my stuff and was assured their estimator is so very good that there would be no reason for me to think their estimate was totally inaccurate. SHAME ON ME FOR TRUSTING THEM.

2) Several of my belongings were damaged including my beloved piano. Why would they assert they have the expertise to move a piano and then mess it up royally? Such a disappointment. Had I known they didn’t have this expertise, I would have hired this item out separately. I’ve been quite forgiving for other damaged items. Moving is just plain hard on stuff. But now that they have failed to compensate me for the damage to the piano, in hindsight, I should have demanded the other damaged items be included in the ‘insurance claim’. SHAME ON ME FOR TRUSTING THEM.

3) Missing items. 2 missing boxes I am unable to confirm as received. Another item was admittedly not moved off the truck by the driver/mover. It was confirmed as still being on the truck the following morning. I’ve been promised they will ship this item to me or have it placed on a truck when they have another job to my destination city. It makes me wonder how many other items were missed getting off their truck which I just haven’t yet realized are missing. Now my telephone calls to retrieve my property go unreturned. SHAME ON ME FOR TRUSTING THEM AND FOR PAYING THEM PRIOR TO AFFIRMING ALL ITEMS WERE MOVED OFF THE TRUCK!

So, here I am in my new home and, having written this honest review, only now do I have closure to my poor buying decision. The only way I can move on (no pun intended) is to describe my experience, albeit an unforgiving review for these people. They have demonstrated no care but rather complete apathy for my belongings which I have worked hard over my lifetime to obtain. Hopefully this will allow them to rethink their unscrupulous business practices and consider treating others as they would like to be treated. Do yourself a favor and be forewarned, this is not a business to trust especially for a life changing event such as moving.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with this pro and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are here to help and would be happy to further address this matter. Please contact our customer care team with your contact information at homeowner@angi.com, or you can call us at 888-811-2644. - AngiSupport

Original review: April 6, 2021

This company is recommended by Consumer Affairs. Angie's List. Everything they do is highly unethical if not illegal. They rip off both the contractors and homeowners. They double dip for the same lead across all of their different companies that they own including HomeAdvisor, Fixd, Handy.com, and others. They have fake websites posing as individual construction companies. Their managers change the spend targets for leads on contractor's accounts without their knowledge or agreeing. The sales reps lie and are promoted too. They do not tell new members they are locked into an annual contract, I paid them $300 to advertise and now I am out $2,700 ($1800 to cancel contract). They are now filling other site boards such as Sitejabber and BBB with good reviews from homeowners to cover up.

If the contractor doesn't have the proper licensing for what he does the sales reps will change the state and tasks so they can get a deal. Now they are ripping off the homeowner with their fixed pricing. If you get Any leads they are for things your company does not do and you are lucky if you get a single lead. There are tons of other illegal things going on. Too many to count. I had a horrible experience with them. Do your research and you will find this is one of the biggest scams out there running businesses into the ground by the minute. You will only get a big hole in your bank account!!

Original review: April 6, 2021

Updated on 04/12/2021: Round 2 continued: So I got the email from HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi which said Here is your fixed-price quote for your work: $240 minus our friendly 15% discount results in $204- simply click here or Prefer to Book by Phone? Me, being a doubting first-timer thanks to several previous surveys here on this helpful website, I'd rather talk to a person so I make the Call 567-205-3672 option. The slightly-accented friendly person picks up after a nominal wait and says, "Sure I can help you start your project: please give me your credit card number and only after the work is completed will your card be charged." Hmmm, do I trust Angi? Sure, what could go wrong?

The rep says, "I have your appt set up for Wednesday." Wow- that's quick which I appreciate: "Wed as in tomorrow or next week Wed?" "No not next week, tomorrow." Great I say. "What's the final price?" "$413 discounted down to $333- quite a savings for you right?!?" "WOW hold the phone, what happened to $204 or even $240?" "Yes I see the $240 but that isn't right; but I can start your project for the huge savings of $333." To me, that would be a savings for my project. But I'm losing interest fast: "I need to talk to a manager." "Ok, np, I'll connect you."

I get the email setting up my appt for the Following Wed, and Just for kicks, I check my credit card account- sure enough- a pending charge for $333. Good things come in threes? After another nominal wait I talk to a kind-speaking accented person with matching-noise-volume of the call-center that he is in. "Can you make sense of this?" "Sure," he says, "Everything looks right to me: $333 for the following Wed." Me, "I'm ready to cancel." Np, he says, "No more appt and no charges." And I'm out, Whew, done and done.

Original Review: Uh-Oh, I hope I'm not in for a rough ride like the several other complaints - I signed into the Angi app, I filled out the request for a type of work, it said $400 for the work, which might be a bit high, but okay, I hit NEXT>. Then it said to list more comments in detail about the work needed to be done - I paused maybe 20 minutes doing other stuff online, then I get a call: Scam Likely the Sprint phone tells me. Didn't pick up but the voice mail said Hey I see your request for help from HomeAdvisor! (Apparently they DO share info w/ each other now!) Uh-oh, how did he know I wanted the work done before I finished the details??? More later.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Very frustrated! I have paid Angi $900 (over 3 months) and have only gotten 4 leads!! I signed a 1-year contract knowing that I would have to pay 35% of any unused months if I canceled before the year was up. However, having only gotten 4 leads I feel Angi did not live up to the salesperson's expectations. I know nothing is guaranteed. However, I was told I would get a lot of leads being about the only company in my area for junk removal.

You cannot talk to anyone at the company except the account manager. And he has told me I have no recourse but to pay the 35% remaining on my contract. What kind of company (especially that big) has NO ONE to talk to outside of the account manager? My frustration has hit the ceiling and I don't feel I am getting anything for my money. I even reached out on Linkedin to several people. Only one replied and suggested I call my account manager! Absolute worst customer experience I have ever received. If I treated MY customers that way, I would be out of business.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Angie's List is the Worst Customer Experience I have literally ever had. As I write this, we are contacting a lawyer to help recoup our loss. This could have been avoided BUT Angie's List failed us miserably. Stay away from Angi or Angies!

Original review: March 25, 2021

On March the 3rd, I used the Angie's List for repairs on my Whirlpool refrigerator. I made contact with an individual named by first name only, Rene. He came over to my house looked at the fridge. I had told him that the water valve sending the water up to the water dispenser was the likely problem. He then checked the valve and verified that indeed it was the valve. I also told him that I wanted to replace the housing for the water filter, due to it leaking when the filter was being replace. He gave me a quote for the parts, said it was 195.00.

The total cost for labor and parts was in 400.00. I gave him 220.00 for the parts and he took the monies. He said it would take 2 to 3 weeks for items to come in. He also told me if I paid him with cash there would be no taxes. I called him twice on the 2nd week, he never made contact with me. I then called and texted several times on the 3rd week, and again no reply from him. I have texts and phone called on my phone log to prove the above. In my opinion, he is a thief and a con. I will NEVER use Angie's List or anyone else on online.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I was thinking about hiring someone to go deep clean a friend's home as a gift. I went onto Angie's List (http://www.angi.com) to see if I could get an idea of pricing before deciding. I put that I was just shopping around, looking for quotes. It prompt me to put in my phone number and email but said that my info would not be shared unless I booked with a pro. Ok, safe enough. Or so I thought. My phone has literally rang 30+ times, just this morning...it's only 10 am. I have over 100 angi related emails in my inbox...I "signed up" yesterday afternoon (Sunday). I highly recommend looking elsewhere unless you want to be bombarded with called, texts, and emails. I want to pull my hair out!!

Original review: March 16, 2021

I gave a one time gift of $300 via my cc to get a family friend started with Angie’s List. They removed my cc for the account after that gift payment. They also decided not to continue with Angie’s list, which is considered breaking the contract and leaded to outstanding fees. I get that. But unbeknownst to me Angie’s list took it upon themselves determined to get their money they went digging back to find someone or some card to charge to. They charged my card without my permission over $1000 in charges, overdrawing my account and causing numerous overdraft fees. They Refuse to refund my account, basically holding my cc hostage unless the account holder provides a chargeable card. This is not my problem.

If they aren’t able to get their fees from the account holder they should turn this in for collections. What’s funny is I called them right away when I discovered the charge and they said they couldn’t discuss this with me as it was private and could only be discussed with the account holder. I said, "That’s odd because you were okay with charging my cc to the “private account” so therefore I should be able to get information. It’s MY card you charged." They refused to help. I have had to shut my card off, get a new one. All the while my account is overdrawn, my regular payments are trying to come through. It’s a mess but thank God my bank is working with me and considers this fraud. Has opened up a investigation and I’m getting an attorney.

Original review: March 8, 2021

Our Senior Client Success Manager Jack ** was unprofessional when I spoke to him on the phone in regards to canceling our membership. The reason we canceled was because we were getting charged $500 a month but didn’t have many leads to pay our monthly expense for Angie's List. They made a payment without our authorization and it gave our account a negative. We had another guy we spoke to last time that worked with us with the payments and we would give him our authorization to take a payment out of our business account. We know other businesses that have used Angie's List and they have told us we are paying too much every month.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

First time to use Angie's List. Last time I will use Angie's List. Heat Pump fan was out, snow on ground, and so I filled out info on Angie's List. Since I live in mountains of rural North Carolina, thought I would get several good companies to choose from that worked in my area. Calls started coming in, even one from Vermont!! Text messages came at 3 and 4am and all day and continued for several days. Finally found a company on friend's advise. No more Angie's List for me.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Instead of asking for local recommendations VIA a Facebook group (because I didn't want to explain the situation publicly), I utilized Angie's List. I was really excited when I found a company that had good reviews, and was only a few towns down from me. I requested a quote/information from this company, or so I thought. Imagine my surprise when I start receiving MULTIPLE phone calls from places that aren't even that company in particular. Not ONE of those phone calls left a voicemail either. Instead, my phone screened those calls and I just have a transcript of what they said, but they didn't leave a voicemail. Clearly Angie's List (which has merged with HomeAdvisor so beware of them too), is selling our information. Do not use this website. Do your own research, and reach out to companies VIA their websites directly. I'm clearly going to be getting calls thanks to this for a long time.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I own a construction and remodeling company, and joined Angie's List for a year. The experience was terrible, I paid them to send me leads but instead, they sent the leads to their sister company Home Advisor (which I was a member also, not knowing that they are associated with each other) and then Home Advisor would send them to me (for a charge of course!) so, I paid double for the same lead. Their review system is awful, no investigation whatsoever, no call, etc. Anyone can go on their site and post reviews, as a matter of fact, they recommend that your friends post positive reviews so your score goes up (what???). Please if you are reading this and you are a contractor, stay away from Angie's List and save yourself the pain, trouble, and your money.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I selected refrigerator repair guy and got the WORST service ever. Jay ** with Professional Mechanical Services was very unprofessional. First trip he check my refrigerator and said yes it could be repaired. Came out a second time forgot some of the parts. Came the third time said something wrong with fan. Came the fourth time said everything was working. Refrigerator only work for a day. I wasted time, money and had to throw away food. He overcharged and I still do not have a working refrigerator. He ignored my phone calls, and text messages. And ask if I could pay him in cash. Very unprofessional and tacky. I will never used this service again and will recommend to all my friends and family members. I will be filling charges against him.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

We have been with AL for almost two years and til today, we still cannot believe that this company exists! They are the worst and most untrusting service we have ever worked with before. They do not provide support for your questions or issues when you need. They manipulate reviews and control who can leave one and who cant! They allow a bad review from a bogus client (meaning we never spoke to this person) and they also reject any reviews they want. They are the worst run service on the internet. And that goes for HomeAdvisor as well. They are both owners and run by the same company, Angi Home Services, Inc. Anyone who is considering signing with them as a service provider OR member, I highly advise against it. If you do, you will be very unhappy with them! Good luck.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

In order to use their site, you have to provide your personal contact info. Once you provide it, you get inundated with third party businesses. They will start emailing and calling you within 24 hours, whether or not you want to hear from them, and often it’s from companies that have nothing to do with your needs. There is no way to remove your information from their database once you sign up for an account on Angies List. Avoid this marketing scam of a site at all costs!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

HIS Construction out if Falconer, Ny did my roof and started on my siding and I became concerned with many areas that didn't look right or finished. Now it is going to cost me all over again to have everything replaced. There are only two guys and the owner just stands around playing his christian rap music real loud and doesn't do much. His name is Brandon.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

My husband found the housecleaning "service", Maria's cleaning, on Angie's List. The "housecleaning" this woman performed was so far from acceptable as to be laughable. She refused to follow up via phone or email. and you can only get Angie's List to follow up with the "trusted provider" by becoming and paying for a gold member level. I should have just gotten word of mouth from neighbors and friends. Sorry that I used/ trusted Angie's List.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

One Year contract with Angie’s List Zero dollar in contracts. My name is Meir **. I own a small construction company in Van Nuys California. I was engaged with Angie’s list a year ago and they locked me to an annual contract $600 per month. Andrea ** was my support manager. I had difficulties to communicate with her because she was not reachable and on a being of apologizing. She was mainly blaming me for not calling the leads on time.

I got probably 8 leads a month, the quality of the leads were one on a scale (1-10). People are not answering the phone, or was a wrong number or not committed to do a job. Stephenie from the Customer protection team try to contact me recognizing that my area was too big and I should have it smaller, I asked her back, “Why after a year you discover it?” She could not handle me and she cancelled my contract. I will available to share my bad experience with Angie’s list.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

For our cleaning co.. Angie's List took the cake, worst contract we have ever signed. Covid = and they wanted us to sign a new contract? Would rather go out of business, and I would for the waste of money angie's list is. Worst clients ever, no calls, no emails, want a clean for free, success manager; more like lose money manager! Save yourself the money, put it in your kid's college fund! Better yet go check out Yoast seo academy and teach yourself seo. Best decision that we ever made, after losing thousands.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I entered into a 1-yr contract with Angie's List at a cost of $400/ month for an unspecified number of leads. Like many other complainants all over the internet, the leads were few and unprofitable but I was stuck in the contract. In my 10th month ($4,000 wasted), I contacted my rep to cancel and pay their ridiculous 35% cancellation fee.

A week later, I was once again billed the full $400 monthly charge. My rep was suddenly unavailable to answer the phone or return my messages but I was told by someone else that I didn't follow the correct cancellation procedure and there is a lengthy, convoluted cancellation process that I didn't navigate properly so I'm stuck paying for another month of service before I can cancel. After complaining to Jeff **, Katy **, Myron **, and Clayton **, I was told the agreement was cancelled. From an August 18th email from Myron **: "Your agreement has been cancelled." On August 30th, my account was once again billed the full $400. At this point, I feel like they're either incompetent or fraudulent. $800 has been withdrawn from my business account since I verbally expressed my intent to cancel and my agreement is still active.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

This has simply turned into a lead generation service. You have to give email and phone number and are hounded to death by every vendor. Would not recommend. Just look to local reviews for better sources.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Did not receive jobs in my categories, got few real jobs per month. Jobs I did get calls for were many times for excavations, I am a plumbing and air conditioning contractor, also had my ad in out of state contractor?

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information