Angie's List (Now Angi)

Angie's List (Now Angi)
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angie's List (Now Angi)?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Original review: April 6, 2021

This company is recommended by Consumer Affairs. Angie's List. Everything they do is highly unethical if not illegal. They rip off both the contractors and homeowners. They double dip for the same lead across all of their different companies that they own including HomeAdvisor, Fixd, Handy.com, and others. They have fake websites posing as individual construction companies. Their managers change the spend targets for leads on contractor's accounts without their knowledge or agreeing. The sales reps lie and are promoted too. They do not tell new members they are locked into an annual contract, I paid them $300 to advertise and now I am out $2,700 ($1800 to cancel contract). They are now filling other site boards such as Sitejabber and BBB with good reviews from homeowners to cover up.

If the contractor doesn't have the proper licensing for what he does the sales reps will change the state and tasks so they can get a deal. Now they are ripping off the homeowner with their fixed pricing. If you get Any leads they are for things your company does not do and you are lucky if you get a single lead. There are tons of other illegal things going on. Too many to count. I had a horrible experience with them. Do your research and you will find this is one of the biggest scams out there running businesses into the ground by the minute. You will only get a big hole in your bank account!!

Original review: April 6, 2021

Updated on 04/12/2021: Round 2 continued: So I got the email from HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi which said Here is your fixed-price quote for your work: $240 minus our friendly 15% discount results in $204- simply click here or Prefer to Book by Phone? Me, being a doubting first-timer thanks to several previous surveys here on this helpful website, I'd rather talk to a person so I make the Call 567-205-3672 option. The slightly-accented friendly person picks up after a nominal wait and says, "Sure I can help you start your project: please give me your credit card number and only after the work is completed will your card be charged." Hmmm, do I trust Angi? Sure, what could go wrong?

The rep says, "I have your appt set up for Wednesday." Wow- that's quick which I appreciate: "Wed as in tomorrow or next week Wed?" "No not next week, tomorrow." Great I say. "What's the final price?" "$413 discounted down to $333- quite a savings for you right?!?" "WOW hold the phone, what happened to $204 or even $240?" "Yes I see the $240 but that isn't right; but I can start your project for the huge savings of $333." To me, that would be a savings for my project. But I'm losing interest fast: "I need to talk to a manager." "Ok, np, I'll connect you."

I get the email setting up my appt for the Following Wed, and Just for kicks, I check my credit card account- sure enough- a pending charge for $333. Good things come in threes? After another nominal wait I talk to a kind-speaking accented person with matching-noise-volume of the call-center that he is in. "Can you make sense of this?" "Sure," he says, "Everything looks right to me: $333 for the following Wed." Me, "I'm ready to cancel." Np, he says, "No more appt and no charges." And I'm out, Whew, done and done.

Original Review: Uh-Oh, I hope I'm not in for a rough ride like the several other complaints - I signed into the Angi app, I filled out the request for a type of work, it said $400 for the work, which might be a bit high, but okay, I hit NEXT>. Then it said to list more comments in detail about the work needed to be done - I paused maybe 20 minutes doing other stuff online, then I get a call: Scam Likely the Sprint phone tells me. Didn't pick up but the voice mail said Hey I see your request for help from HomeAdvisor! (Apparently they DO share info w/ each other now!) Uh-oh, how did he know I wanted the work done before I finished the details??? More later.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Very frustrated! I have paid Angi $900 (over 3 months) and have only gotten 4 leads!! I signed a 1-year contract knowing that I would have to pay 35% of any unused months if I canceled before the year was up. However, having only gotten 4 leads I feel Angi did not live up to the salesperson's expectations. I know nothing is guaranteed. However, I was told I would get a lot of leads being about the only company in my area for junk removal.

You cannot talk to anyone at the company except the account manager. And he has told me I have no recourse but to pay the 35% remaining on my contract. What kind of company (especially that big) has NO ONE to talk to outside of the account manager? My frustration has hit the ceiling and I don't feel I am getting anything for my money. I even reached out on Linkedin to several people. Only one replied and suggested I call my account manager! Absolute worst customer experience I have ever received. If I treated MY customers that way, I would be out of business.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Angie's List is the Worst Customer Experience I have literally ever had. As I write this, we are contacting a lawyer to help recoup our loss. This could have been avoided BUT Angie's List failed us miserably. Stay away from Angi or Angies!

Original review: March 25, 2021

On March the 3rd, I used the Angie's List for repairs on my Whirlpool refrigerator. I made contact with an individual named by first name only, Rene. He came over to my house looked at the fridge. I had told him that the water valve sending the water up to the water dispenser was the likely problem. He then checked the valve and verified that indeed it was the valve. I also told him that I wanted to replace the housing for the water filter, due to it leaking when the filter was being replace. He gave me a quote for the parts, said it was 195.00.

The total cost for labor and parts was in 400.00. I gave him 220.00 for the parts and he took the monies. He said it would take 2 to 3 weeks for items to come in. He also told me if I paid him with cash there would be no taxes. I called him twice on the 2nd week, he never made contact with me. I then called and texted several times on the 3rd week, and again no reply from him. I have texts and phone called on my phone log to prove the above. In my opinion, he is a thief and a con. I will NEVER use Angie's List or anyone else on online.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I was thinking about hiring someone to go deep clean a friend's home as a gift. I went onto Angie's List (http://www.angi.com) to see if I could get an idea of pricing before deciding. I put that I was just shopping around, looking for quotes. It prompt me to put in my phone number and email but said that my info would not be shared unless I booked with a pro. Ok, safe enough. Or so I thought. My phone has literally rang 30+ times, just this morning...it's only 10 am. I have over 100 angi related emails in my inbox...I "signed up" yesterday afternoon (Sunday). I highly recommend looking elsewhere unless you want to be bombarded with called, texts, and emails. I want to pull my hair out!!

Original review: March 16, 2021

I gave a one time gift of $300 via my cc to get a family friend started with Angie’s List. They removed my cc for the account after that gift payment. They also decided not to continue with Angie’s list, which is considered breaking the contract and leaded to outstanding fees. I get that. But unbeknownst to me Angie’s list took it upon themselves determined to get their money they went digging back to find someone or some card to charge to. They charged my card without my permission over $1000 in charges, overdrawing my account and causing numerous overdraft fees. They Refuse to refund my account, basically holding my cc hostage unless the account holder provides a chargeable card. This is not my problem.

If they aren’t able to get their fees from the account holder they should turn this in for collections. What’s funny is I called them right away when I discovered the charge and they said they couldn’t discuss this with me as it was private and could only be discussed with the account holder. I said, "That’s odd because you were okay with charging my cc to the “private account” so therefore I should be able to get information. It’s MY card you charged." They refused to help. I have had to shut my card off, get a new one. All the while my account is overdrawn, my regular payments are trying to come through. It’s a mess but thank God my bank is working with me and considers this fraud. Has opened up a investigation and I’m getting an attorney.

Original review: March 8, 2021

Our Senior Client Success Manager Jack ** was unprofessional when I spoke to him on the phone in regards to canceling our membership. The reason we canceled was because we were getting charged $500 a month but didn’t have many leads to pay our monthly expense for Angie's List. They made a payment without our authorization and it gave our account a negative. We had another guy we spoke to last time that worked with us with the payments and we would give him our authorization to take a payment out of our business account. We know other businesses that have used Angie's List and they have told us we are paying too much every month.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

First time to use Angie's List. Last time I will use Angie's List. Heat Pump fan was out, snow on ground, and so I filled out info on Angie's List. Since I live in mountains of rural North Carolina, thought I would get several good companies to choose from that worked in my area. Calls started coming in, even one from Vermont!! Text messages came at 3 and 4am and all day and continued for several days. Finally found a company on friend's advise. No more Angie's List for me.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Instead of asking for local recommendations VIA a Facebook group (because I didn't want to explain the situation publicly), I utilized Angie's List. I was really excited when I found a company that had good reviews, and was only a few towns down from me. I requested a quote/information from this company, or so I thought. Imagine my surprise when I start receiving MULTIPLE phone calls from places that aren't even that company in particular. Not ONE of those phone calls left a voicemail either. Instead, my phone screened those calls and I just have a transcript of what they said, but they didn't leave a voicemail. Clearly Angie's List (which has merged with HomeAdvisor so beware of them too), is selling our information. Do not use this website. Do your own research, and reach out to companies VIA their websites directly. I'm clearly going to be getting calls thanks to this for a long time.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information