Angie's List (Now Angi)

3.8/5 (1069 ratings)

About Angi

Angi helps homeowners find trusted local professionals for all their home improvement needs. Users can see honest reviews from other local homeowners for businesses in their area, then hire the ones they want directly through Angi’s website. The Happiness Guarantee protects homeowners if they aren’t satisfied. More than 150 million people have used Angi, according to the company’s website.

Pros

• Free to use
  • Convenient mobile app
  • Verified customer reviews
  • Financing options

Cons

• Complaints about calls and emails
  • Customer service by phone weekdays only

Bottom Line

Angi is an online company that matches homeowners with companies for home improvement services. Users can see verified customer reviews and get quotes to compare multiple contractors. A Happiness Guarantee protects customers.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angie's List (Now Angi)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Original review: June 21, 2022

Had backyard dug up. Needed the rocks removed, top soil and new seed put down. Reyes Landscaping did a fantastic job. Will hire again in a heart beat!!! He even came back to add more seed and top soil due to the birds eating a lot of the original seed.

Original review: June 21, 2022

In less than 12 hours of doing an inquiry I received 3 emails, and immediately after 9am the following morning (at 9:13am and then again at 9:49am) I received 2 phone calls. I didn't want to put in all my personal contact information (as it's very invasive) EXACTLY FOR THE REASONS I STATED ABOVE. I believe in "DON'T CALL ME, I'LL CALL YOU IF I WANT/ NEED SOMETHING".

I "unsubscribed" online... and told the woman on the first phone call to put me on their DO NOT CALL LIST when she asked me if I wanted that. In addition, I'm already on the DO NOT CALL LIST thru the legal government "Do not call list". 3 emails and 2 phone calls (within less than an hour of each other {this would be in caps if this website allowed it} in less than 12 hours in total??!! That's truly outrageous and offensive marketing behavior! I see that as VERY invasive to be "hounding" a proposed customer.

Original review: June 20, 2022

We've had great luck with Angi and finding handymen and contractors through the site. All have been at least good and ranged to excellent. Maier Renovations has done several of our renovations and done great work. And several handymen through the site have done good work for miscellaneous projects.

Original review: June 18, 2022

Lefferts Plumbing did all my plumbing works.

1. Converted my oil to gas heat.
2. Replaced my hot water tank this year.
3. Did the plumbing work fir my kitchen and bathroom.
4. Did repairs and replacement of old pipes as needed.
5. Repaired my frozen burst pipe during a winter.

Many more plumbing work as needed.. I will always keep him as my plumber and strongly recommend him.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Great lawn care service. Best around town. Thanks again guys. Amazing work. Customer service is top notch and their lawn care is the best around town. You guys looking for a good lawn team to take care of you Go with Bold Buffalo. You won’t be disappointed.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Required electrical work to be performed at home. Contacted Angi, for electricians in my area. Gave me the name of qualified electrician in my area to perform job quickly and professionally. Job done right the first time with great ability.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Choice Home Warranty is the best. The technician traveled from New York to Kingsburg New Jersey without any complaints and did his job at in a professional manner. Was happy to do so repair. The federator insured all was well and left and was happy to be a friend.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Angi's List customer service will only provide a first name of the contractor. You cannot get the full name, company name, address or real contact phone number of the contractor. As a single woman, I am not comfortable letting a contractor in my home that I have no contact information about. Angi's List does provide a phone number for the contractor, but it is uniquely set up for that contractor and is only a message drop box active 24 hours before the job. In my case the contractor did not return my call.

Additionally, if you call Angi's list the customer service agents work from a script and don't necessarily tell the truth. In my case. one of the agent's tried to reassure me that the contractor was from my zip code. I live in rural area with a population of approximately 1,200 in my zip code. When I pointed that out, he said that he was indeed "mistaken" and the contractor was from another area.

Original review: June 15, 2022

The cleaning went very well. They arrived timely, friendly and went straight to work. They listened to what was needed and extended their time to ensure expectations were met. Kitchen sparkled; they really know how to clean an oven, dishwasher -- and windows! Ahead of the cleaning, they were prescriptive on the details (good estimators) and when prompted were responsive to send an email to describe what was included. They were also willing to tackle other tasks requested. My focused rating is on quality, service and punctuality. While not the low bid, they were the right company to deal with and the best results I've had for a long time. Yes, I will hire them again and have already recommended to others. Thanks, DeSantis Cleaning!

Original review: June 15, 2022

I have attempted to use Angie's List for two completely different projects and I have gotten zero or bogus responses from "companies" .. a homeowner needing help and all I got was more grief - avoid this site.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I have been very disappointed with Angi.com. Their services and response time is very bad. The very first day when I have spoken with them, we were agreed something else, but they charged me wrong prices and never mention about a year contract.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Guys were very hardworking, on time and very careful with everything being moved. I really loved how they were so nice! I would definitely book with them again! Great prices as well! I didn’t have to a thing, they came prepared with everything and got straight to work!

Original review: June 14, 2022

Jim and his crew were very professional and efficient, work was great. I would hire them in the future. They installed dry wall on my ceiling and several walls after we had a pipe break upstairs. Overall very happy with the whole experience.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I used State Roofing for a recent roof replacement. I was very pleased with all aspects of the job and would highly recommend them to anyone without hesitation. They gave me a fair price, in a timely manner. They started ahead of schedule and finished the job in 1 day.

Original review: June 14, 2022

We were provided a link to give an online review for a contractor who worked on an outdoor landscaping project. Worked perfectly and I found the rating system covered the key areas well. Able to then add free form comments and a detailed review.

Original review: June 13, 2022

My long-time friend needed his garage door operator repaired. I went online to check for a reasonable contractor and I submitted a request, within minutes I got a response, and within the hour I was meeting with a contractor and next hour the job was complete.

Original review: June 13, 2022

Showed up on time, Was very polite, Got the job done in a timely fashion, Did a great job, Would recommend Harold M to anyone, Very satisfied with the project he did. Thank you very much for sending Harold M, to do my project. Betty.

Original review: June 11, 2022

On time arrival. Worked fast to remove old unit. Replaced old unit with new apparatus in fast, clean, efficient manner. Left place as clean as before. New unit works!!!! I have used Nicholson before and was also very pleased with their prior service performance. Their office staff is very capable.

Original review: June 10, 2022

Window cleaning on multiple level home including the screens. Very professional and very nice. Would highly recommend him again. Very prompt and completed in a timely matter. Price was very reasonable. Window cleaning. Screen cleaning. Friendly. Awesome. Kind.

Original review: June 10, 2022

A difficult job of replacing a gated fence was completed with speed and accuracy. Workers arrived when they said they would. This included an overnight in order for the posts to set. Because we have dogs, it was important for them to be here early the next morning to complete the job. They cleaned the area when they were finished.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I used Angi in the past under its former name, and I was happy with it, but currently you and your partners have really gone downhill. I had a simple plumbing request, and I called the recommendations you sent me. Nobody would give me an estimate over the phone (which I guess I can understand), but to send somebody out most of them wanted $65 just for an estimate. I tried to call your company directly to discuss this (rather than posting this negative review), but all you have is a phone tree--no way to talk to a person. You guys were great in the past, but no longer today. Back to Craigslist.

Original review: June 10, 2022

Ms. ** did an outstanding job cleaning our exterior patio. She showed up on time and cleaned everything on our list in a timely manner. She came prepared with cleaning supplies. She confirmed the work to be done and then completed everything.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I like Angi but I don’t want to be called or emailed or mailed. If I need a service, I will look but let me do the inquiry not receive solicitations. Fair? It’s fair to me and in humility, I’m all that counts.

Original review: June 9, 2022

They gave me a quote one day. Called back the next day to agree and pay and this guy Victor gave me a quote $738 for 1 job when the 1st quote was for both jobs. When I ask Victor why he said that Diego gave me the wrong quote, they both spoke with a very thick accent and was difficult to understand and the systems were running slow. If they can do their job and quote the right way why would I trust them at all. Very rude and push you for the membership. Would never use Angi or recommend them to no one.

Original review: June 9, 2022

I will typically go to ANGI to find pros for work I need done... I think it's so much better than just doing a Google search. I feel that MEMBERS here are more dedicated to helping one another with their reviews, and I trust those comments and reviews.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Angie’s List has always been able to get me the correct people for the jobs I need done. Angie’s list has also taken care of any complaints I’ve had with contractors. Keep up the good work. Angie’s list is also got me good contractors up at the cabin, which are hard to find up north.

Original review: June 9, 2022

The job was done on time, with excellent results. Very professional in all dealing with me. I will be using his services again in the future. I do highly recommend this company to my friends/family members if they need a handyman for their projects.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Service Providers should beware! Angi Leads (formerly Home Advisor and Angie's List) will promise you that you will receive all these leads and increase business, however, the truth being that when you call these customers, many yell that they did not put in any request! They say they were just looking on that site and did not want to be contacted at all, others just don't even bother to respond, and the majority of the rest say they already completed the project. A few many be actual clients looking for service but it is not enough for what they charge. They charge you for these leads anyway, issuing courtesy credits once in a while, meanwhile the remaining time saying they don't promise any credits, despite the list of reasons on the 'request a credit' link. They claim credits are only a courtesy, meanwhile giving you nothing for your hard earned dollars and time spent on fake leads.

They care little for their service pros at all. Angi Leads also charges way above fair market value for these leads, compared to what a service professional of a small business can even charge the customer for service. So, customers, keep in mind you will pay more by using Angi Leads because of the high cost they charge service professionals for your lead. Must be why they both rebranded.

Original review: June 8, 2022

Was a wonderful and great experience. RMJ has done a wonderful job each time they have done work on our home. I would hands down refer them to anyone and everyone! Thanks again RMJ Company for a job well done!

Original review: June 8, 2022

While submitting my review, the app did not give the proper stars and the website stopped working. I tried restarting the website but it did not work. There was no way to edit the review. I hope there is a resolution for this problem.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information