3.4/5 (601 ratings)
Angie's List (Now Angi)

About Angie's List (Now Angi)

Angi helps homeowners find trusted local professionals for all their home improvement needs. Users can see honest reviews from other local homeowners for businesses in their area, then hire the ones they want directly through Angi’s website. The Happiness Guarantee protects homeowners if they aren’t satisfied. More than 150 million people have used Angi, according to the company’s website.

Pros

• Free to use
  • Convenient mobile app
  • Verified customer reviews
  • Financing options

Cons

• Complaints about calls and emails
  • Customer service by phone weekdays only

Bottom Line

Angi is an online company that matches homeowners with companies for home improvement services. Users can see verified customer reviews and get quotes to compare multiple contractors. A Happiness Guarantee protects customers.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angie's List (Now Angi)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

We like to use our tried and true contractors, but when they are not available, retired, overbooked, Angi has been a helpful resource locating quality help. We have discovered some new contractors with whom we hope to continue working with for a long time. We will continue to consult Angi-related connections and also refer Angi to others. Thanks! -E&T

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Great. The two men that came to clean were on time, called in advance, brought equipment to protect my walls and doors from cords and hoses, gave extra attention to a couple of stains, spent time informing me of specific carpet care, and were just overall friendly. They moved the furniture for me and explained every step they took to me in advance. I will definitely be having them back in the future to clean and highly recommend the company.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Experience was great. Checked main breaker to see if it was thrown. Climb in attic. Pulled panels off. Checked fuses and relays. Checked for reset breaker. Found that it was thrown. Reset AC unit. Put panels back on. Climb down from attic. Turn AC on. Within mins it stared up.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I work with a pro that services Handy, in which Angi uses. The work orders are very vague, for example today there was a pressure washing job scheduled, we were told a sq footage of 500 and payment was $230, when we arrived it was over 8,000 sqft to be pressure washed and Angie's wanted to pay $230 for the ENTIRE job. Unfortunately we were not able to do job for that price. I'm not sure what angie's charges the customer but they want to pay pros unbelievably below standard pricing and wonder why customers either get upset and cancel or have issues with work performed by the “pros” who do agree to the work/price. We as pros have no way to contact angies to discuss any job, and Handy (whom schedules for them) can not speak on Angie's behalf. So PLEASE BEWARE.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I contracted Wash Hogz to perform pressure wash cleaning of my home exterior, outside deck and sidewalks. The work performed far exceeded my expectations and I could not be more thrilled with this company. They contacted me immediately upon my inquiry, set up the appointment with ease, and arrived perfectly on time as scheduled. Mr. ** was a sheer pleasure to meet, and an absolute professional at his craft. I will always call Wash Hogz for my pressure washing needs! Thank you Mr. ** and Wash Hogz!! 100% Satisfaction!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Angie's List is highly advertised in our area, however, every time I have tried to use it I get very poor service. The last experience was for a drywall contractor. I received one estimate and though we contacted the company to do the work I received no response. I also contacted the customer service at Angie's and they were extremely rude. I guess my cash payment was no interest to them. I have several more projects in line but will use their competition. What a waste of my time.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I am a Lawn contractor who signed up for Angis list with an account specialist. I was hesitant at first, but my account specialist assured me that there were HUNDREDS of people looking for Lawn Service in my area and not enough Professionals to fill the Jobs. On June 16th I signed up and Told My Specialist that I would give it a couple days and see if it was worth it. After calling 4-5 leads in 5 days with 3 replies on several leads and no jobs, I determined that this was not for me. So on June 22nd I Cancelled My acct with My Specialist. No Harm, No Foul. Live and Learn.

Then on September 12th my accountant called me and asked me why I had $900 in bills from Angie's list? I said I don't know, I will call them. Angie's list informed me on September 13th that the account was suspended on the 22nd of June and turned back on around July 6th. I informed them I want the account cancelled and my funds refunded that were charged me for July-Sept. They said they had to review the account and they would get back to me. Not hearing from them I checked to see if my money was refunded. No money refunded, so on Oct 11th I called Angie's List again. They informed me that NO refund would be given because the account was suspended on June 22nd and not cancelled. I asked them to Listen to the June 22nd call where I clearly asked to have my account cancelled. Conveniently they could not find the recording of that call.

I then asked them to look and see if I ever called any of the so-called leads that I recieved for July-Sept. They said that did not matter. So I wanted to pay for a service I was not using. Ever since the June 22nd call???? Now I have to ask myself are the leads even legit? Are they bots generating leads? Are they friends of the acct specialist helping her get commissions? Is there a call center generating calls to drive leads to generate revenue? Because the 6 days I used the "Service" I heard back from 3 people of several leads that I called, gave them a quote, never to hear back from them again. Something does not smell right here. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I used Angi for Fixed Price Services. The Pros scheduled with Angi were not experienced, fully equipped, or on time. I was left purchasing hundreds of dollars of equipment that I have no use for, and my wall still does not have wallpaper. The wall is 8ft tall and 11ft wide. Angi recommends 3 hrs. I have had two "Pros" spend 6 hours not completing the project and requesting more money.

Claim by Angi: When you book fixed-price wallcovering or wallpaper installation services, you’ll be connected with local professionals who can take care of your request. In addition to freeing up your time for the more important things in life, booking a fixed-price wallcovering or wallpaper installation service will give you the security of knowing that things are being handled by an expert. If you’d rather leave things to a professional, then we are ready to help.

Response to Claim: Angi list takes 2/3 of the total project cost. The pro is then only wanting to spend the allotted time and charge more money. All while supplies are not included. I have now spent two Saturdays and an additional $300. I believe the latest "pro" made mistakes that will require purchasing additional wallpaper.

The following is my review of the claims vs. what actually happened.

Angi Description -1. 1. Pick a time. No more delivery windows! Select the exact day and time for your service to get instant, affordable pricing. Response 1 - The two "pros" showed up late to each appointment. Instant affordable pricing is deceptive as the price does not include supplies or equipment. The price is also just based on hours. The "Pro" ends up spending more time so they can get paid because Angi takes 2/3 of the fee you pay.

Angi-2. Book instantly. We'll confirm your appointment and take care of payment electronically and securely. Response 2- Payment electronically- The "Pros" don't know how to use the app to charge you for additional supplies, or time. You have to pay them cash for additional services outside of the allotted time.

ANGI- 3. Your pro arrives. An experienced, fully-equipped professional will show up on time at your door! Response 3: I thought I was paying for this experience. The "pro" that showed up each time did not have equipment, and were lacking experience. I had to explain how to do the project to the first "pro". The second pro requested equipment to be purchased, but then didn't complete the project.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

We loved our landscaper… BUT when we went to pay though Angi the site was extremely difficult to maneuver. I received only one message that payment went through…. BUT when we reviewed the credit card statement was BILLED twice. When we contacted Angi, could not get through to a person, so emailed them. When they finally got back to us (in greater than 24 hours which was promised on the contact site)… received a limp apology and basically a message that they would have to look into it and it would take an additional 1-3 days for them. To get back to us. SO…. Basically they have stolen money from us and seem not too interested in refunding ASAP. Also, from my understanding they take money from the good folks that work through this site.

My recommendation is to NOT to USE ANGI and work directly through the home improvement workers. Angi is NOT a caring or reputable company. I don’t know about any of you… I don’t have money sitting around to wait for them to repay me…. When the site is not user friendly and very poor! They are thieves in my mind!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Two of Angi’s recommendations were very overpriced. The moving company that I found on my own was terrific. So I wrote a review on their site. It was very easy to navigate that site to leave a review.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information