Angie's List (Now Angi)

Angi Reviews

Angi Reviews
4.0(2,375)

About Angie's List (Now Angi)

Angi helps homeowners find trusted local professionals for all their home improvement needs. Users can see honest reviews from other local homeowners for businesses in their area, then hire the ones they want directly through Angi’s website. The Happiness Guarantee protects homeowners if they aren’t satisfied. More than 150 million people have used Angi, according to the company’s website.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Free to use
  • Convenient mobile app
  • Verified customer reviews
  • Financing options
Cons
  • Complaints about calls and emails
  • Customer service by phone weekdays only

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

Stars Rating

• 72%
  • 2%
  • 2%
  • 1%
  • 23%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Reviewed June 5, 2024

Been with Angi as a contractor for almost 8 years! Recently they started using a company called Fair Claims which is to settle disputes BETWEEN clients and contractors. Just know if you are a contractor they will side with customer and you will be ordered to pay customer. Did not even ask for my side of story and ordered me to pay half of what customer paid!! TERRIBLE EXPERIENCES. BUYER BEWARE.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

Angie Rips off Contractors sending leads of a different trade without refunding them as well as Referring Unlicensed Contractors. Customer service will not call the customer directly to Verify...total Scam.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

Angi is a disappointment. I never heard from any of the "pros" to which they submitted my requests for two projects. One of the companies, I believe, is even out of business. I also have difficulty cleaning up my account profile of projects. This is not a source I will be using in the future.

Reviewed June 4, 2024

The Team at JAX Crown & More LLC provide exceptional customer service. They are prompt professional and do high quality work. You will find their rates reasonable. Highly Recommended! They are located in Jacksonville, Florida.

Reviewed June 3, 2024

They came to do put together a swing set that online it says takes 6-8 hours to put together. They allotted a few hours and then left when the time was up. I have spent over an hour waiting on hold and contacting the online customer support with no support or assistance. I paid $800 and received nothing.

Reviewed June 3, 2024

William Orr Concrete. Outstanding contractor! Removed and replaced our existing driveway in 2 days! Very professional. Owner was there at the pour! Next day saw utter the joints, stripped the firms and cleaned up. I would highly recommend them in the Raleigh area!

Reviewed June 2, 2024

This review is coming from an electrical contractor who has used Angi/Angie's/HomeAdvisor to generate leads to expand our customer base. We have added some great customers, but they are the a very small minority. The vast majority will not return phone calls, emails or texts. Or they are bombarded with calls after they do a search and rightly frustrated. Another large segment are looking for something that your business doesn't offer.

In all these situations, the contractor is paying for Angi to send them the customer information regardless of how they turn out. Our range is $25-$150 per lead. We keep track of the leads we receive and about 5% of the leads convert to billable jobs. Asking for refunds from Angi is a hassle, there is an intentionally unpublished and cumbersome process to contest leads. In conclusion, I would describe as near a scam as you can get from the contractor perspective. A much better solution would be to build relationships with your neighbors and ask them or use a simple Google search and contact the service provider directly.

Reviewed May 31, 2024

Angi is a scam formerly known as Angie’s List and sued by both contractors and customers. Look it up. Stay away, especially if you are a service provider trying to make a living. They will I you ce you for your money with bogus leads.

Reviewed May 27, 2024

I was looking for a landscaper and requested a quote from another company who I didn’t know was affiliated with Angi List. Once a rep identified themselves as Angi I said, I am not interested in going through Angi and to take my information off their call list. The rep kept trying to talk me into using their service. I kept repeating myself over and over “No” until he gave me no choice but to hang up on him. Then they turned around and gave my contact information to several contracts without my permission and now it’s been days of countless calls between Angi reps and contractors. What a nightmare!

Reviewed May 26, 2024

I bought a TV stand from Wayfair. Booked someone from Angi to assemble it. That person never showed up, nor did they respond to my texts. My money has never been refunded either. I will not recommend Angi to anyone nor will I ever book them for anything.

PriceStaff

Reviewed May 23, 2024

I had Juan Resendiz Contractor LLC and staff come out and repair and replace my pool tile. They were courteous and well versed in taking care of it. The price was very reasonable and I'm pleased with their work done in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend and use them again!

Reviewed May 22, 2024

I contacted Angi for fixing the built in Microwave. The representative told me that the project will cost me $299.15. I asked to confirm that my microwave will be fixed with this amount and I don't have to pay or spend any more than $299.15. She assured me that the microwave will be fixed and with this patyment. The technician came to my house and told me after checking the microwave that I have to buy Diode led. The Angi rep lied to me that the microwave will be fixed with the payment of $299.15. I ordered Diode led and paid additional $28. After receiving the part I called technician to fix the microwave. He came but could not fixed it and told me that he does not know how to fix it and took off. I called Angi's and asked for the refund. I was told that refund has been issued and it will take 3-5 days. 15 days have passed and I have not seen the refund...15. 15.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 20, 2024

Wanted to search for a pest control company on Angi.com. First off, the website does not allow for just a search. You must fill in a request for pros quote form. See attached photo. After filling in the form part way, I decided to login and was able to search. Unfortunately, 2 of the leads did not service my area, one company was from New York and the last company was the one I am currently using. Specifically wrote I did not want any pros to call me in the additional information section. Got a call from a pro a few minutes later. And just now I got another call, this time from the service I am currently using. This was embarrassing for me and I had to apologize to the vendor.

Went on the Angi.com chat line to ask if there was any way to just search and not get call backs. I was told to just block the number of the pro. Don't like the new Angi website. Unlike the old Angies List website, you can't see the dates the pro was hired, the price paid, and would they would be rehired. I am never going to use and do not recommend Angi.com.

Reviewed May 19, 2024

Terrible company.... They were sent to our home by plumber request, not mine!!! I wish I'd known we had mold, I would have called ServePro. Matt their rep was kind however, he lied to me. Many issues here.... First and most importantly - there is still mold in our bathroom and they didn't seal the studs, no vacuum of dust at all, no plastic on doorways to prevent mold particles from escape into the house. Their guy who removed the black drywall told me not to mention the mold to my insurance, which I did anyway. I still had to call ServePro and now must deal with ins on this issue secondary to DEC. DEC left A HUGE MESS with dust and black flakes in it all in the bathroom.

Our daughter developed a face rash one day after they left, our Maine Coon cat also developed skin issues, an asthma flare-up, and we all began coughing shortly after they left, including my 2 young children. 4 days later after sealing the bathroom doors and wall ourselves and we're getting better. Secondly, their drying machine overheated our bathroom that night, which they had to come get next day due to EXCESSIVE heat. Our toilet bowl was still hot to the touch by that afternoon and into the night.

Temperatures in that room were worse than a sauna, inducing immediate sweat when I opened the door and thus ruining $1,200+ of shampoo / conditioner products around my lovely bathtub display stand. These were purchased in January, February and March all 2024 (I have the purchase emails); they weren't even used as I was still going thru the remainders of the slightly older, much larger bottles that were over half full. The new bottles were FULL and reached 93.5 degrees INSIDE THE BOTTLES causing separation of product; these are Pureology and Fekkai purchased from them directly and must remain room temperatures.

The next day I called Matt, sent pictures and video of temp readings and he said they would reimburse me, the office would be calling and they did come to replace the machines, but didn't finish the cleaning!!!! Great. I thought on my products! I'll surrender these, repurchase, and be done with that part. That's not what happened and my other concerns were simply abandoned and not addressed.

A VERY RUDE woman from the office called the next day and said that if I cared so much for the products I shouldn't have left them in the bathroom, that the bottles were not in fact full (which they are as she could have seen in the video clip of the temp reading and the liquidity of the product separation) and they wouldn't reimburse me. She also said that when WE shower it reaches well over 100 degrees in the bathroom and we ruined the products; straight up lie on her part. WE don't use the shower and WE have two huge fans - keeping the room approx highest at 74-76 in mid AL summer - DEGREES with a hairdryer in use after bath.

She didn't even ask about the lack of remediation, the lack of sealing the room off, and US COUGHING OR OUR FURRY FRIEND!!!! I am unhappy on so many levels and will be filling with all the places and BBB for resolution and reimbursement for my products as well as informing our insurance DEC didn't remediate the mold as expected. They SHOULD have handled this differently especially with so many complaints from me verbally and the texts to back it up. Shame on DEC.

Reviewed May 19, 2024

Hector **l is a scam artist. He will make you buy everything for the project. He then saw that I drove a Wrangler and changed the cost of the project. He doesn't show up when stated and stalks you for payment. I fired him halfway through the project. The guy is a creep. Stay away from him. He did a crappy job on what he completed and I had to hire someone else to fix his garbage work.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed May 19, 2024

I called and booked a job for mowing General landscaping yard, cleanup, bush, trimming and trimming the weeds in the flowerbeds. I was given a price, we agreed. They told me the timeframe would take approximately three hours. I assume that they were going to send out a crew so I was shocked it would take three hours cause it would literally take about three ** approximately an hour and a half to two hours to complete. Anyway they sent out one girl, she had one weedeater. She didn’t have any tools, she didn’t have any trimming stuff for the bushes.

She didn’t even have a weed blower, she weeded the entire yard mowing and I told her about the flowerbeds and the bushes and she said that wasn’t on the work order and then I had to call customer service being routed to Foreigner around the world except an ** of course. I told him to cancel the job and I was assured by the one of the representatives from one of the countries that I spoke to, he said that I wasn’t gonna be charged out three times.

I ended up having to cancel my card and get a new card, I spent five hours dealing with this crap today and they tried to charge my card three times. I had fraudulent charges on there. The credit card company knew not to accept the charges. So she weeded the entire yard, she didn’t even have a mower and then she left all the grass clippings. All the weed clippings all over the driveway, the walkways and the sidewalk, but totally embarrassment. Trust me when I say go with a reputable company. It’s gonna cost a little bit more, but I promise you do not want to deal with what I dealt with today.

Price

Reviewed May 16, 2024

I have used Angie’s List for the independent contractor position and have had so many issues with them. There are fees for when we can’t make it to a job and need to cancel. And I have had this happen recently and was trying to contact them for days leading to it and ended up getting charged $50 for this. I have also had extra hours that took me to complete jobs and have never been compensated for these hours.

Reviewed May 16, 2024

Horrible experience. Will never use Angi again. I called for the installation of two smart thermostats. On multiple occasions we confirmed that two were part of the quote. The installer arrived after I took a day off of work to tell me only one was written on the quote and he left. Angi now wants me to take another day off of work and almost double our negotiated rate. I found a handy man who quoted the entire job for less than the original Angi quote.

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 15, 2024

In house here in abq came over, looked at my washer, took my money and never received a quote. Want my money back. What can I do to get my money back. Was told I'd get a phone call. Never did all day. Never use again.

Reviewed May 14, 2024

Contractor not showing up. Cancel at last minute, want do project under the table. Still waiting after one month for one of them to finish a two day job. After being paid. Another grass cutter come up w new excuses every day. Grass. Now foot deep. Angi bad customer service will not correct your problems. Find your own worker. Stay away.

Reviewed May 13, 2024

I have hired three contractors through Angi, an electrician, deck builder, and landscape. All are local businesses, all responded within 24 hours, and all were very professional. All work was completed in a timely manner (weather an issue) and all were excellent at discussing any unforeseen issues that came up and helped us work them out.

Reviewed May 13, 2024

Received prompt contact from a good electrician who was able to successfully resolve our problem. Electrician was great to work with; he was able to diagnose and troubleshoot a difficult to reproduce problem with intermittent, extraneous alarms; he was good at communicating his ideas and thoughts; and I would definitely hire him again.

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 13, 2024

Did a fantastic job building my cedar gazebo from start to finish. The build was perfect. His workmanship was very professional and his price was more than fair. He showed up on time and worked straight through with only a small time out for lunch. I would highly recommend him for any job in his field of work.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 11, 2024

Made an appointment over a week ago for them to clean my elderly mother's house. She has a housekeeper but she is on vacation Three weeks. I told them it has to be done on Saturday for my mother. Had her medical team coming on Monday to review her living situation And if it's up not up to par they will put her in a nursing home which we are trying to avoid. We scheduled it well. Today is Saturday. No one showed at their scheduled time. I called, they tried to call the person they had hired. The person's phone went to someone else and the person said it was the wrong number. No one can get in touch with her. So they canceled my booking and told me. We could reschedule for 48 hours. That will not work since I have someone coming this Monday. And that is why we hired them. Do not hire this service.

Worst company ever. I had someone else already booked and canceled them. Because Angie said they could do it for a better price. And my mom can't afford to pay. If anyone anymore, then what they were charging. When asked to speak to a manager was told it takes 48 hours to get someone to call me back when they said they couldn't get anybody out today, I said well then. We can't do it because today is the day I need somebody. They told me, "We could get somebody out there Tuesday." What good does that do me when I asked for Saturday? Pacifically, because we are scheduled for someone to come to my mom's on Monday. Also, just a warning they do not let you review their company on their app. They are fake reviews.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed May 10, 2024

Removal Pros are just that. Very professional, punctual, and the nicest guys around. They will take care of you with the utmost of professionalism. They are the best out there, and I've used several companies. And I always want to use them and help the local company instead of a conglomerate who only want to churn the customer. William does the best job.

Reviewed May 9, 2024

Don't use Angi as a pro. I am still in the process of trying to cancel my account, but they only allow cancelation through a single "account manager", who can only be booked a week out and doesn't respond. If your one account manager isn't available, tough luck.

Reviewed May 8, 2024

I used to trust Angi's list for finding contractors for years, so decided to use their "In House" service for a small job. The FIRST contractor I booked cancelled 3 times and I requested another contractor. They rescheduled with another contractor, who called 2 days before, no problem. The morning of the job, I get a text from the Contractor that he was "outside for 20 minutes, waited, and left". He never rang the doorbell or knocked on the door. I was home the entire time, and attempted to contact the contractor. He never answered the phone or replied to texts... PER Angi "policy" it was "Cancelled by me within 2 hours" so I am LIABLE FOR THE ENTIRE PRE-BOOKING AMOUNT of $500. This is a SCAM.

I am on their text messaging "Customer Service" helpline right now, unfortunately, all of Angi's Customer Service support has been outsourced off-shore... THIS SITE IS A SCAM. I literally just had a "Contractor" scam me for $514. Bad idea. That charge has already been reported as fraud and any further attempts by Angi to charge me with this (Booking #**) will result in being taken to court.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

EXTREMELY UNHAPPY.. I went online to find a septic repair. It DID NOT say it was connect to Angi's List in any way. My phone has blown up with hundreds of call interrupting my critical work day calls. I called and told them to STOP. Off shore rep said, "Ok, I removed it." IT CONTINUED to happen. I called again and they said they removed it. I said that's what they said this am! Still getting calls. They have completely blown up my phone when I should be talking to clients in crisis.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Angi handyman never showed up for 3 separate appointments. I had Wayfair pick up my order and I'll never use either company again. Customer service was deplorable!! I wasted 3 different days waiting for the service and I wasn't giving them any more of my time!!

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed May 7, 2024

Angi referred me to AVI Fast Solutions. They promptly responded, gave me a quote that was $400 less than another quote and was able to get the job done in 1 day compared to the up to 7 days I was told by the other company! I have a rental property and my tenants preferred to stay at home while getting work done so Alfredo with AVI Fast Solutions was able to fulfill their request. Alfredo with AVI Fast Solutions is professional, knowledgeable, experienced, and most importantly, he followed through and completed the job when he said he would. Thank you for connecting me with AVI Fast Solutions, Angi!!!

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information