Angie's List (Now Angi)

3.8/5 (1131 ratings)

About Angi

Angi helps homeowners find trusted local professionals for all their home improvement needs. Users can see honest reviews from other local homeowners for businesses in their area, then hire the ones they want directly through Angi’s website. The Happiness Guarantee protects homeowners if they aren’t satisfied. More than 150 million people have used Angi, according to the company’s website.

Pros

• Free to use
  • Convenient mobile app
  • Verified customer reviews
  • Financing options

Cons

• Complaints about calls and emails
  • Customer service by phone weekdays only

Bottom Line

Angi is an online company that matches homeowners with companies for home improvement services. Users can see verified customer reviews and get quotes to compare multiple contractors. A Happiness Guarantee protects customers.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angie's List (Now Angi)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Original review: June 29, 2022

Extremely satisfied with the project! Professional and hard working! My house has never been this thoroughly cleaned by any of the big cleaning chains/companies! I asked for a deep clean and they did just that! Took special care to move furniture and really clean the entire house not just easily accessible surfaces! On time and priced as quoted!

Original review: June 28, 2022

Hi, I booked a handy-man on Angi today to among other things build a piece of furniture. Not only did the furniture not get built but he damaged it to where it has to be replaced. Literally. Everyone I have spoken to in customer service was nice enough but no one did anything. It was beyond frustrating. DO NOT USE THEM. EVER.

Original review: June 28, 2022

Very happy with work performed. Installer very helpful getting correct color for blinds. Removed old blinds and installed new blinds perfectly. We would recommend his company to others. Recommended contacting alarm company to reposition alarm sensor to sliding door so sensor would not block sliding door blind from closing.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I've used Angi for about six home projects. They are great for quickly answering a few questions to find local professionals to help you get your job done. But they send way too many e-mails. Not enough to make me never use Angi again, but enough to be mildly annoying.

Original review: June 27, 2022

I have used Angi/Home Advisor for 2 services now. I had a fence replaced and my house cleaned. The vendors I found were great. My only comment is that I find the communication challenging. I saw that a number of vendors were interested in my project but I couldn't really figure out how to get in touch with them. The ones who reached out to me got the work.

Original review: June 26, 2022

Installed same day working nine hours so I could have a cool house. Return a week later to finish the furnace. Wanted to clear the number one problem. The air condition first. Installer work non stop so I could enjoy a cool home.

Original review: June 26, 2022

The young men were very efficient and got the work done. Amazing guys. Made sure if we needed anything else before they left. They made sure they cleaned up after the job was done. I will use these services again.

Original review: June 25, 2022

Angi will take your money and no one will ever show up to do the work. If you try to reach them, you will be put on hold forever, transferred to nowhere, told the "system is down", hung up on, given a round-robin transfer cycle, and you will NEVER reach someone who will help you. I highly recommend you find your own professionals as this company is nothing more than a scam to sell you "memberships" at ever increasing levels. You can't even file a formal complaint unless you're a "Gold Member". You WILL regret using Angi for anything.

Original review: June 25, 2022

Had attic finished and bathroom put in. 1StopInnovations helped me get a good experience with getting this job done. All because I submitted here and they called me immediately. The process was quick to get started and Juan and his team did a great job.

Original review: June 25, 2022

Horrible experience. The entire point of Angi is to make it easier, and more cost effective to find professionals to do a job. Not the case, it has now cost me weeks in hiring a professional to rehang my exterior shutters that are falling off my house. I supposedly was scheduled with 3 different contractors at 3 different times, one would hold on the phone line without saying a word then hang up when I called to schedule, another would schedule an appointment then not show without any notification, the 3rd reached out but never returned my message when I tried to call back to schedule with them. These contactors certainly weren't vetted. I will have better luck on my own. Angi also processed the payment before ensuring the job had even been started. I am still trying to get a refund, if you call customer service you can literally be put on hold for over 20 mins.

Original review: June 24, 2022

Mike was wonderful, I really loved working with Mike. This is my third time using their services and they have never disappoint. Thank you for doing a great job. If you need detailed work call Mike, he will get the job done on time!

Original review: June 24, 2022

Crew removed and replaced decayed timbers, took away old materials, cleaned up the site, removed weeds. Regraded and replaced soil. Location was awkward and hard to get at, but the crew managed the replacement with minimal effect on the surrounding plantings.

Original review: June 23, 2022

No show, no call, you need to find an expert on your own! Not reliable! They are sorry would you like to reschedule? Not no but hell no....I went 4 day's without water, had to poop in a bucket!! Couldn't water flowers, do dishes. Found an expert in 1 hour on my own.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I used Angi to help me find a trustworthy contractor in my area to paint my century old house. I waited a month to finally hire a contractor (Guardian Painting LLC) and the day before they were to begin my project, I was informed that they could not paint the north side of the house. Their reasoning was that it was too high up to use just a ladder and that they were unable to get permission to use the neighbor's yard for access to that side of the house. I should have been informed of this issue a month ago and I did not understand why they needed the neighbor's yard for access. This company is not professional or experienced enough to find a way to do the job that they had accepted and had been hired to do.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Requested referrals for small drywall repair work. One gave high bid by text after seeing photos of work needed. Second contractor sent estimator saying someone would call with cost. However, no one called back. Ended up getting a referral from my realtor.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Booked power wash for my house and the company cancelled 30 minutes before they were to arrive. Power wash was rebooked for three days later but I never heard from anyone. Had to call the company again and found out that the power wash had been rescheduled for another day with an unknown company that had no reviews. Poor customer service. Don't use them!!!

Original review: June 22, 2022

Absolutely the worst company I've ever dealt with. Charged for a no-show cleaner when they said you wouldn't be charged until after, then asked to rate my cleaner that never showed. They then booked another appointment without asking or confirming dates and when I try to delete my account customer service hangs up on me. I wasn't being rude, I just asked to please remove my profile and they asked why. I explained and halfway through was hung up on. Still waiting for my profile to be removed. No response from support after showing screenshots of my proof. Would never recommend.

Original review: June 21, 2022

Had backyard dug up. Needed the rocks removed, top soil and new seed put down. Reyes Landscaping did a fantastic job. Will hire again in a heart beat!!! He even came back to add more seed and top soil due to the birds eating a lot of the original seed.

Original review: June 21, 2022

In less than 12 hours of doing an inquiry I received 3 emails, and immediately after 9am the following morning (at 9:13am and then again at 9:49am) I received 2 phone calls. I didn't want to put in all my personal contact information (as it's very invasive) EXACTLY FOR THE REASONS I STATED ABOVE. I believe in "DON'T CALL ME, I'LL CALL YOU IF I WANT/ NEED SOMETHING".

I "unsubscribed" online... and told the woman on the first phone call to put me on their DO NOT CALL LIST when she asked me if I wanted that. In addition, I'm already on the DO NOT CALL LIST thru the legal government "Do not call list". 3 emails and 2 phone calls (within less than an hour of each other {this would be in caps if this website allowed it} in less than 12 hours in total??!! That's truly outrageous and offensive marketing behavior! I see that as VERY invasive to be "hounding" a proposed customer.

Original review: June 20, 2022

We've had great luck with Angi and finding handymen and contractors through the site. All have been at least good and ranged to excellent. Maier Renovations has done several of our renovations and done great work. And several handymen through the site have done good work for miscellaneous projects.

Original review: June 18, 2022

Lefferts Plumbing did all my plumbing works.

1. Converted my oil to gas heat.
2. Replaced my hot water tank this year.
3. Did the plumbing work fir my kitchen and bathroom.
4. Did repairs and replacement of old pipes as needed.
5. Repaired my frozen burst pipe during a winter.

Many more plumbing work as needed.. I will always keep him as my plumber and strongly recommend him.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Great lawn care service. Best around town. Thanks again guys. Amazing work. Customer service is top notch and their lawn care is the best around town. You guys looking for a good lawn team to take care of you Go with Bold Buffalo. You won’t be disappointed.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Required electrical work to be performed at home. Contacted Angi, for electricians in my area. Gave me the name of qualified electrician in my area to perform job quickly and professionally. Job done right the first time with great ability.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Choice Home Warranty is the best. The technician traveled from New York to Kingsburg New Jersey without any complaints and did his job at in a professional manner. Was happy to do so repair. The federator insured all was well and left and was happy to be a friend.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Angi's List customer service will only provide a first name of the contractor. You cannot get the full name, company name, address or real contact phone number of the contractor. As a single woman, I am not comfortable letting a contractor in my home that I have no contact information about. Angi's List does provide a phone number for the contractor, but it is uniquely set up for that contractor and is only a message drop box active 24 hours before the job. In my case the contractor did not return my call.

Additionally, if you call Angi's list the customer service agents work from a script and don't necessarily tell the truth. In my case. one of the agent's tried to reassure me that the contractor was from my zip code. I live in rural area with a population of approximately 1,200 in my zip code. When I pointed that out, he said that he was indeed "mistaken" and the contractor was from another area.

Original review: June 15, 2022

The cleaning went very well. They arrived timely, friendly and went straight to work. They listened to what was needed and extended their time to ensure expectations were met. Kitchen sparkled; they really know how to clean an oven, dishwasher -- and windows! Ahead of the cleaning, they were prescriptive on the details (good estimators) and when prompted were responsive to send an email to describe what was included. They were also willing to tackle other tasks requested. My focused rating is on quality, service and punctuality. While not the low bid, they were the right company to deal with and the best results I've had for a long time. Yes, I will hire them again and have already recommended to others. Thanks, DeSantis Cleaning!

Original review: June 15, 2022

I have attempted to use Angie's List for two completely different projects and I have gotten zero or bogus responses from "companies" .. a homeowner needing help and all I got was more grief - avoid this site.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I have been very disappointed with Angi.com. Their services and response time is very bad. The very first day when I have spoken with them, we were agreed something else, but they charged me wrong prices and never mention about a year contract.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Guys were very hardworking, on time and very careful with everything being moved. I really loved how they were so nice! I would definitely book with them again! Great prices as well! I didn’t have to a thing, they came prepared with everything and got straight to work!

Original review: June 14, 2022

Jim and his crew were very professional and efficient, work was great. I would hire them in the future. They installed dry wall on my ceiling and several walls after we had a pipe break upstairs. Overall very happy with the whole experience.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information