Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.19/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

AngiesList.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AngiesList.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AngiesList.com?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

My name is Kenneth **. On 9-6-2019 I (a disabled/retired 67 year old} needed a plumber so I went on AngiesList and Benjamin Franklin contacted me and said it would be a $57.00 service charge to come out but would not charge a service charge if I let them do the repair, so they sent out a Bill **. I have a one handle shower control and the shower was dripping, so I had went to Lowes and purchased the repair cartridge for $34.00 but could not get the handle off, so in comes Bill who can not get it off so he takes a saw and cuts it off.

He installed my new cartridge (which I had purchased) but then takes the front off the cartridge and said he was adjusting the temperature of the water. He then charged me $243.96 and said if I could not find another handle let him know and he would see what he could do and left my home. I went to three plumbing place to find another handle for $26.00 and I installed it with allen screw that came with the handle but the shower would not turn off because Bill had damaged it. I went back to Lowes and got another one and installed it myself and it now works fine. Benjamin Franklin plumber is a ripoff.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

When is the last time you met a pleasant repairman who solved the problem, later sent you a thank-you email for using his company and spent extra time explaining the repair needed...Very knowledgeable. Very pleasant experience. I’ll be using Kenny to maintain my residential elevator in the future. Riseaboveelevator.com.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I Recently closed my plumbing company due to a auto accident. I reached out to Angie's to remove my profile since I did not want any affiliation with their company, since their service really is piss poor anyway. To my surprise they would not remove my profile, state that my plumbing company is closed. Just wanna give a warning to other contractors not to waste your time or money with these guys. Good Luck.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Royalty Deck Restoration was recommended by Angie's list, however, this provider has failed to complete the job as contracted for and after repeated calls has failed to come back as promised. Royalty Deck quoted a price for 2 coats on all horizontal surfaces. When I requested a better quality stain than they use I was presented with a $700 up charge, bringing the total cost to $3,750. They put only 1 coat of stain on the 3 decks and only offered to refund $200 for not providing the 2nd coat (stated manufacturer recommended 1 coat).

After the deck dried it was clear that numerous areas were not adequately covered and I called Erik Land the owner to apply the 2nd coat as quoted. Promised to come out to look at it, didn't show. Called again, promised again and no show. Called and left a message and no response. I am considering legal action and would warn against using this company. Angie's List should remove them from their site. DO NOT USE ROYALTY DECK RESTORATION!!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We just had Chuck It come this morning to clean out after a flood in our basement. Health and Matt did a fantastic job, very professional and fast workers. I would highly recommend this company for any clean out needs that you have. There were no hidden fees in the quoted price given to us. We would not hesitate to hire them again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I recently reopened my father's business after he passed. So Angie's List reached out with a promise of using their name recognition to help drive business my way. Once I signed up I was dumped to a client success representative. After three weeks I still hadn't had a orientation call to show me how to properly use the program. I then asked to just cancel me out since they haven't done anything. I was told I locked into a year long contract (which I was never told about) and it would cost me 35% of that to cancel even thought they broke the agreement. I asked for a supervisor and after him trying to play hardball and him even threatening to just take the cancellation fee out of my account since they had an EFT agreement (which I stated on a record line that I was revoking and any further EFT attempts would be treated as theft.) We came to an agreement.

Once we agreed he said a new client success representative would call that day or the next. Well a week went by no contact so I call the supervisor back. 15 min later I get a call from my new client success representative. I told him I wanted to hear from the supervisor not him so he finally called me and yet again apologized for their incompetence. I told him no I was just cancelling. He said he would call me tomorrow to give me the cancellation info. He then waited until 5pm the next day to tell me they would waive the cancellation fee and cancel the contract. But yet he wait until that time so the next EFT would be withdrawn. At this point the supervisor will not return my calls and they have stolen money from me.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Molyneaux carpet in Oakmont provided courteous and prompt experience for my carpet ordering experience - call back for installation and working around my personal schedule was also seamless. Awaiting installation and hope it is also well done.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

As a newly established company I thought Angie’s List could help get my name out there...boy was I wrong! After naively signing a 1 year contract for $400 per month I quickly realized it was a mistake. I did not receive one single job from Angie’s List in the entire year I advertised with them! Please don’t make the same mistake I did! Do your research! Try Thumbtack or Yelp instead...way less money and daily leads!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Please feel free to reach out to me at **. I signed up as a roofing/remodeling company contractor with Angie’s List in March! I received a total of 9 leads of which 4 were fake unverified leads that I could not even reach. The other 5 were just window shopping. I was only able to schedule 3 out of the 5 for an appointment. 2 were not actually ready to do anything, just wanted quotes and only 1 may potentially be a customer. I have reached out to Angie’s List with my disappointment and received 0 acknowledgement from the Angie’s List team. Once they sign you up for a year then instead of trying to help or work something out, the only communication I receive is more junk advertisement attempts to get more money from me. Be careful, I would stay clear of this company. Complete waste of time and money! ** In Naples Florida.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Mike from Noel Well and Pump was awesome! I needed a water tank installed for the sale of my parents home which was vacant and I live out of state. He called me and I explained my situation, he sent his crew there within a few hours it was complete. He was so helpful and his pricing was $200 less than another quote I received. He also helped me find someone to test my septic tank also needed for closing. I saved ANOTHER $950 with his recommendation. I highly recommend this company!! FAST, REASONABLE AND PROFESSIONAL!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Don't waste your hard money with Liars and Losers. No leads, no customers and it is a 12 months contract. Don't sign anything from them. They are owned by HomeAdvisor that is the same owner of the old leads scammers ServiceMagic. STAY AWAY!!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

My Refrigerator Ice Maker went out over the Labor Day weekend 2019. I contacted All American Appliance Repair, St. Louis. The Technician (Andrew) called before he came. Was all business. Troubleshot and then fixed the Ice Maker and was out of here. I was very impressed and if the need arose, would use them again. Robert **, Capt, USAF (retired)

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

If you started on Angie's List 10 years ago you probably doing well, but these days you will be scared into 12m contract with so many promises and false information. They didn't bother to make sure my whole account was correctly set up including the area of service. Once you sign, they disappear, you will try to contact them and nobody replies. I have about 20 emails to my "success manager" trying to reach him. He will say I will follow up with you by the end of today and then NEVER does. And will take 3, 4 days of me trying to get to him in order to do anything. It was absolute PAIN to just set the account right. I have never had as bad of experience as this one with any service provider. If I treated my customers like that I would lose my business. Absolute scam!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Our "company" is listed on AWFUL Angies List. THIS IS NOT OUR COMPANY DESCRIPTION LISTED ON AWFUL ANGIE. If you actually go to our website, it actually tells you about our company. It is not our company, our company is not a person. Our company is listed on Angies list as a contractor and our company is not a person. WE ARE NOT A PERSON. They refuse to remove this listing. AWFUL ANGIES is messing with our companies image & they refuse to fix it. There is NO customer service. They should not exist. They SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I’ve been an Angie's List pro for about 2 months. Even though I was running my business on my own for a while I decided to stop due to a family emergency. I attempted to cancel my subscription and they are trying to charge me $1,000+ for a service I no longer need and THIS WAS NEVER DISCUSSED ON MY INITIAL SIGN UP. They never tell you this upfront! It’s either that or continue to pay 300.00 a month for a business I no longer have and advertisement they are NO LONGER PROVIDING!

If I knew this from the very beginning I would not have signed up and would have went with another lead generating company. Things happen with small business but Angie's List gives you this false pretense when signing up and never discuss certain topics. I was told my subscription will give me about 9-15 leads per month, LIES! I’ve only receive 3 leads this past 2 MONTHS, and had only secured 1 client because the other 2 didn’t answer the phone or respond back to my messages! If your thinking about signing up, DONT. Not unless your 100% positive that nothing in this world will ever happen to you in 12 months.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

The person who placed tile in my kitchen had a 5-star rating on Angie's List. The tile work itself was fine. The problem came when he said the codes had changed regarding the microwave over stove distance required. He said the cabinets needed to be raised to meet today's code & assured us he could do the work. Silly me. I thought I could expect he actually knew what he was doing. He did not.

He didn't bother to measure properly & left the cabinets uneven & noticeably so in a several places. In addition, he didn't allow enough room above our refrigerator to place a taller one than was there at the time. He also had to remove all the molding over the cabinets leaving them looking obviously unfinished at the top. Bottom line, we paid him $1000 we hadn't budgeted for the cabinet debacle & ultimately had to bring in professional cabinet installers to correct all the problems he caused that cost us an additional $3900!! Going forward I advise everyone to go with word of mouth from multiple people or from your own experience ONLY before trusting any trades person. Definitely, do not trust this website to be accurate!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I signed up for an account to expand my reach as a handyman. What happened next was absolutely bizarre. I was repeatedly emailed and called with the offer of becoming a certified member of AngiesList. Then on the second day I had a fake lead reach out to me and offer me a job only to say no when they found out I wasn't certified. When I did some digging on the number it was a burner number and doesn't exist any more. I'm not sure what law that breaks but the entire business needs to be looked over. My account still isn't showing in search because I haven't paid to play.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

This is the first time I have ever had someone clean my house as I have always cleaned my house, and I am know 81 yrs. old. These ladies really did a fantastic job, I am so pleased with them & I am now going to have them come once a month to clean. I was so surprised that they even cleaned the shower walls & dusted the blinds too! Vacuumed the rugs & mopped all the tile floors, dusted everything in the house & polished the furniture too. I really recommend these ladies, I am sure you would be pleased with them, as I always thought I was a good housekeeper & very picky too. So if you are in need of having someone clean you house I certainly recommend them. Call: Grace.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Angie's List, scam people to no end, when I first contacted Angie's I told Jacob ** (salesman) I wanted to give Angie's List a try for month only, he never said anything about a contract for 12 months and neither said anything about 35% fee for canceling. I never knew about that. They cover all that information to get you sign and get money from you. He also promised a certain amount of leads per month which is a big huge lie. I got 2 customers in 3 months. They are such liars, then the success manager say, "You got to have reviews and deals and I assure you, you will start getting customers and get your money back." Another huge huge lie.

I don't recommend Angie's List to grow your business, they suck your hard earned money. Don't even get involve with them, STAY AWAY FROM ANGIE'S LIST. There is a whole bunch of bad reviews and complaints online about them. I regret not reading reviews before. I am sending a complaint to the FT. Contact me if you want to get in the complaint.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I’m a pro on Angie’s List, they lie and leave out information. When you ask to cancel they ignore you and give you the go around. Tracy ** is absolutely terrible. Try not to get her as a account manager. They lie about how many leads and cost. I threw away $300 for the first month, I tried to cancel within two week and I’ve been fighting with them ever since. Don’t use Angie's List, it’s a big waste of money.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I recommend Harvest Power LLC because from beginning to meeting Jeffrey ** (Solar consultant) to a planned proposal and completion of installation, everything went smoothly. When Jeff spoke to us about the company and what they had to offer, he wasn't in a way pressuring us to buy solar. So after thinking about it we decided to go with Harvest Power LLC. When it was time for installation the entire process went well. The team was professional and cleaned up when they were done. In addition, Jeff my consultant came by a few weeks to go over contract/warranty and service paperwork. So all in all know we made the right choice with Harvest Power LLC.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I'm trying to create an account on Angie's List. Won't take my info. "Information is incorrect". Tried using my wife's name, same response. Tried calling their help number "Your account does not include telephone assistance". Recording said we have several other ways to reach us, and told me to scroll to the bottom of their website for customer service and send an email (no other option was given). Everything I clicked on did not take me to anything related to sending an email. Are they TRYING to discourage new customers? Any site without phone or chat assistance to people TRYING to join doesn't deserve my business. I have used Home Advisor several times with good results. Good luck to Angie. Hire enough people to adequately service your customers and maybe you won't have to spend as much on television advertising.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

What is the purpose of having to provide a telephone number and an email address. It just seems like a scam to get a person's contact information to start spamming them or robocalling. I can just look up the service I am wanting on Google without having to go through all this.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

We hired Al ** of Franklin, MA to paint our kitchen wall and paint the ceilings in the kitchen and dining room. Al had an assistant, named David, to help with the project. They arrived right on time this morning, and they displayed excellent workmanship. They were very professional and knowledgeable. When the project was completed, they cleaned up everything. We already booked Al for another project for the fall.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Two years ago my neighbors hired a tree service with an "Angie's List" sign on their truck. I have decided to write this review today because every time I look at my 35 y/o butchered live oak tree I can cry. A so called arborist cut my tree down on the entire east side from top to bottom and up to the huge truck... Yes, they even topped the tree which is illegal in my city. My tree is completely flat on the east side! My once beautiful, 35 y/o majestic Live Oak tree that I called "my avatar tree" has been reduced to a butched mess. All branches from top to bottom and up to the trunk on the east side of the tree have been removed and branches were left laying in my backyard.

Live Oak trees are a very slow growing tree and it will take years for the damaged tree to grow back, if ever. No licensed or respectable arborist would have acted in such a very irresponsible manner, even under the direction of an irresponsible client and horrible neighbors!!! As far as I am concerned, Angie's List is a good intention gone very wrong!!! I called the police to stop the tree service from completing the task before I left but on another day when I wasn't home, someone returned and completed the job of butchering my beautiful tree. The arborist was actually standing IN MY TREE, in my fenced-in backyard, on my side of the yard, butchering my beloved tree!!! I urge you to limit your interactions with Angie's List companies and do your homework if you choose to use Angie's services.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

We are the new business - and went to AngiesList for advertising and was told I can cancel at any time and promised to get up to 18 quotes per month. During that first month, I did not receive any calls and manager told that it's impossible any quotes without review. So go and fix fridge to your friends or neighbor then send them link form AngiesList and after you may get a quote... That's absolutely unexpected and unprofessional. They charge me for 300$ in a second and only after two weeks told me about that.

When I asked them to cancel agreement they told me I was locked into a 1-year contract at a rate of $300 per month. So in order for me to cancel service with them, I need to pay 35% of the unused contract for a total amount of $1043. With not even one single job or quote $1043 cancellation fee. When I asked manager why they have so high fee she said because of responsibilities to investors. I don't understand why I have to pay money to their investors? Why I just can't get a refund and cancellation for unsatisfied services with this scam company. I hope that info can be helpful for new business. I will fight for every penny of my pocket and will give you an update.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

We had our roof replaced from hail damage. Trevor from Capital inspected and followed through after the claim many times. We were impressed with his thoroughness, professional manner and timely info. The roof looks great and the workers were very hard workers who were courteous.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I was sold by a salesman!!! I am a contractor with HomeAdvisor. Going on my 10th year with them. 67 reviews with a 4.76 star rating. Angie's List contacted me and sounded like they would get me clients but would save me a lot of money over HomeAdvisor. I was told lol that I needed to give him some clients' names and number so he can get me up to 5 reviews, I said, "Oh that's easy," by the time I got to 4 he stopped me and said, "Just send this link to your clients and have them respond and we will get your site up and running with just 5 reviews and you will start getting jobs...." Not even close to true.

I sent the link to maybe close to 20 clients and several of them text me back and said DONE. However none of them never showed up on my site. I tried several times to contact Angie's List about that problem and that my phone app wasn't working. After speaking with a supervisor and telling them the problem I received a call to fix the problem and that didn't work. 3 months later the salesman calls and is very disrespectful cause he hasn't got paid.

I tried several time to explain that the site and phone app was not working and he really wasn't interested, he just wanted payment so I got his what he said was a supervisor on the phone. I for some reason got the feeling it was just another guy, however he did listen to me and agreed with me and said he understood my aggravation, then he said, "Let's get your payment up to date and then we can see if we can fix the problem."

I said, "That is not how business works, I have been in business for 15 years and I have good reviews because if a client has a problem I fix the problem and then I get paid." I really feel bad for contractors who sign up with them before reading reviews. Because I went on after the salesman was rude on the phone and every time I came across a contractor they had pretty much the same complaints as I did with just 1 star.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Worst painting company! They use people who have no experience or training, and they do not speak English. Made a mess of my carpets and floors. Exceeded estimate by just under $4K and refused to give me a new estimate that reflected the amount I paid to submit to my insurance company. Workers also defecated and urinated in my upstairs shower units and toilets and did not flush knowing it is difficult for me to climb stairs! Stay away from this company. For more reviews like this, go to Yelp and read the comments that they are trying to hide.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Not knowing where to start Angie's List directed me to interior professional heating/air. I can not stress enough, the excellent work in replacing my ac/heating units. From start to finish, peace of mind. Thank you Mr. **. Also Angie's List, good people on your list.

AngiesList.com Company Information