3.4/5 (599 ratings)
Angie's List (Now Angi)

About Angie's List (Now Angi)

Angi helps homeowners find trusted local professionals for all their home improvement needs. Users can see honest reviews from other local homeowners for businesses in their area, then hire the ones they want directly through Angi’s website. The Happiness Guarantee protects homeowners if they aren’t satisfied. More than 150 million people have used Angi, according to the company’s website.

Pros

• Free to use
  • Convenient mobile app
  • Verified customer reviews
  • Financing options

Cons

• Complaints about calls and emails
  • Customer service by phone weekdays only

Bottom Line

Angi is an online company that matches homeowners with companies for home improvement services. Users can see verified customer reviews and get quotes to compare multiple contractors. A Happiness Guarantee protects customers.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angie's List (Now Angi)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I'm so glad I chose Mega Power to do my solar installation. They were fast, clean, professional and knowledgeable. They handled all of the sign-offs and explained the entire process. I'd definitely recommend them....

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Mr. Ben ** is a great guy with a great personality. He came to my house to look at the foundation problems and He was very honest to tell me the problem and the best way to fix them. He brought His crews to do the job on time as promised and clean the area after the job was completed. I will recommend this company and Ben to all my friends and family. This a great company and they will do the job right..

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I appreciate the service of helping to find pros, however I can't say the same with the amount of follow up communication. Within 24 hours of submitting a quote request, I received 4 emails and 2 text messages from Angi regarding my project. Hadn't even received a quote yet. I feel like that is harassment.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Dani, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we apologize for any unwanted communication. Our goal is to connect homeowners with quality pros quickly and efficiently. We'd be happy to help with unsubscribing. Feel free to respond here, or send your info to emailus@angi.com so we may further assist you. -AngiSupport

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I have requested quotes for a pressure washing job for my residence. As a result I received four quotes within less than 30 minutes. My selection PRO was an immediate success. I am very happy with the worked performed by DLS Pressure Washing. Angi's site is an awesome service to the customer.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Had plenty of trouble posting this review. The app wouldn't let me do it. Kept saying something went wrong please try again later. Get to the website only to see the project not listed at all. Please fix these issues and maybe more people would use it. I only went through the trouble because Nurry Tree Service did an outstanding job

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Jeffrey, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we apologize for any frustrations this may have caused. We will be sure to get this bubbled up to our development team for further investigation. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with one of our pros, and if there's anything we can do to help with your future projects, feel free to give us a call at 888-811-2644. -AngiSupport

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I requested a list of landscapers, which was provided promptly. But I got no response from anyone. I was contacted a couple days later by a gentleman from Angi and when I told him I had not heard from any of them on the list, he provided me with some additional names of companies that had at least 4.7 ratings. I heard immediately from one of the companies; Rock Creations. I contracted with them to do the landscape work and I am so happy with the results. I will be using this company for my front yard landscape too.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

My experience with Perfect Touch and Painting Power Wash Company was Fantastic. The price was reasonable, the service was outstanding. I would recommend Jim to family and friends and will use his services again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I liked the service more under the older format. I pay an annual fee which is OK, but having to find the link to get an access link is rather maddening. If it were easier to find, I'd be less frustrated.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I've used Angi to find service providers in the past, including for lead removal/repainting, plumbing, and drywall repair. The reviews are useful, and you have always connected me to reliable providers.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Angi is a great tool when you need renovation work done and you are new to a community. I used Angi for a contractor for a retaining wall, wood floor refinishing, and asbestos remediation. All contractors referred through the app were responsive and professional. The messaging part of the app crashes and does not work.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Great search recommendations, large selection of services and businesses reviewed. The one shortcoming I find with Angi (formerly Angie's List) is that the businesses get the "last word," so to speak. It creates a model that works as follows: a consumer writes an honest review; the business gets huffy if it isn't 100% flattering (despite being accurate); the business responds with a mischaracterization of what happened; the reviewer looks like a moron or a liar; but, there's nothing the consumer can do to contradict the inaccuracies in the business' response.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Colonial Van Lines, Pompano Beach, Fl should not be in business. After contracting with them 3 months in advance and putting down a deposit, they left us stranded 2 days before our move. We were asked to give them 3 days possible for our move. We did this and the day before our 1st day were told that they were not able to move us at all! Frantic because we had to out of the house we sold, we contacted Angi. The woman sent me a list of local movers immediately. This was on a Sunday and only one moving company answered their phone. Top Notch Movers, Madison, WI. We were moving to SC. The owner stated he would make it happen and he did. The next day he had his movers over and we were out of the house that night. He had to store our belongings because he had other moves scheduled but made sure to help us out. They delivered our things a week later as promised.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Janet, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! We are happy to see that you had such a positive experience with one of our moving pros. Feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team at homeowner@angi.com for any of your future project needs. -AngiSupport

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I had a drywall repair project that needed to be completed in a timely manner before putting my house on the market. The first contractor cancelled hours before the appointment, the second asked to come at 10am the next week after it had been rescheduled for 1pm. He didn’t show up, didn’t return my text messages. I called him at 11am. He said he got tied up and said he would be there at noon. He never showed up, never contacted me and didn’t respond to my text messages or phone calls. I called Angie's List and they said they didn’t know about the contractor and they aren’t allowed to call the contractor that they scheduled! I will never use Angie's List again. I found another local contractor, who agreed to do the same job for over $100 less.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Shawn, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we are sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the type of customer service that we expect to be delivered to our homeowners. We'd be more than happy to address this further and answer any questions or concerns. Feel free to send your info to emailus@angi.com. -AngiSupport

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

My name is DALE **. I OWN Alternative masonry solutions in springfield mo. Today I was solicited without my permission because Angi wants to make money off my skills because they don't have any themselves. They are just a middleman driving up the cost for homeowners. They want me to help me out but yet I'm not allowed to respond to reviews left by others on their platform Where google lets me respond to all my reviews as I always have and will. Yet the next step on this review is a box they want me check that lets them pester me over this review. You get 1 star And don't ever call my business again begging my skills. Ty.

DALE

ALTERNATIVE MASONRY SOLUTIONS

Original review: July 29, 2021

When incorporating with Angie's List....be very, very, very, careful... the funds will be deducted from your account before the task is completed. All Angie's List care about is "money" and how quick to get paid by you! Scheduled a servicer over a one week away and was charged without even being contacted by the service tech... yet deducted the funds from my checking account. The customer service personnel are "HORRIBLE"... do know what they are talking about. Be very careful when incorporating with Angie's List.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any frustrations that may have been caused with your booking. If you are still in need of assistance with this, please reach out to us at emailus@angi.com and we'd be more than happy to assist you further. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 26, 2021

I paid $400 for leads and after a week I only got three ladies which none of them answered. And they say I needed reviews. I had my past customers send in reviews and they said because the name didn’t match the telephone number the reviews were no good. I think that’s ridiculous, Who are they to say if my review is worthy or not? It’s a scam and now I’m out of $400 I am a single parent simply trying to make a living and provide a future for my son.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we are sorry to hear that your advertising experience has not been more positive. We've escalated this to the proper channels and a representative will be following up with you shortly to further address these concerns. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 24, 2021

I was told a technician would be at my home this Saturday at 9:30 a.m. It is now 11:30 a.m. and he or she has not shown up or called. I have contacted Angie's List and expressed my deepest disgust of the unprofessional reliability of this company's ability to serve the public!

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Kevin, We are very sorry to hear that you had this experience with your booked service. We would be more than happy to look into this more and further assist you. Please reach out to emailus@angi.com so that we may address this further. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 22, 2021

I requested simple work, pulling weeds in three garden beds, total area is maybe 400 sf. As soon as I pressed "enter" I received a phone call from someone who asked what I needed done. I told him and he said "OK, I'll be there in about two hours"...never showed. Shortly after that phone call, I received a call from a gentleman who said he was with Angie's List and that our call was being recorded. He asked what exactly I needed done and said he could give me an immediate quote and schedule someone to come out. He quoted me $100.48 for two hours of work, but repeatedly told me not to worry because if it only takes an hour, then they will charge only 1/2, and so on. Said however long it takes, that's what I'll be charged for but he had to put the temp hold on my CC for the full two hours. I agreed that would be ok.

The job was scheduled for 8:30-10:30 and the workers showed up at 8:45. They were done at 10:00 sharp and left. When I checked my CC, I noticed the full amount was still pending, so I called the toll free line to let them know the job took only 1 hour and 15 minutes. I was told that it did not matter, I still had to pay for the full 2 hours; so I was LIED to. Also, they scheduled for someone to come by and that someone never showed up. Buyer beware...they will LIE to get your money and they do not use very dependable people to do the work!!! If I could give ZERO stars, I would have.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Contracted with Angi to install bathroom glass shower doors. They never gave me the name of the contractor but confirmed the date and time in early July. The morning of install Angi sent an email saying the contractor had to cancel due to an emergency, They automatically rescheduled the following week. Again Angi canceled for contractor emergency the morning of install. That is 4 round trips in traffic from Denver to the condo of 2 hours each way. Angi repeated this THREE more times with the same emergency excuse, which by now I had canceled but they kept emailing.

I believe there never was a contractor, Angi just automatically rescheduled hoping a contractor would save the job. In the meantime, they used the very same emergency excuse. This is a scam, to keep the customer hanging on with no regard to how badly I was inconvenienced trying to meet the nonexistent contractor. A total of six reschedules and I cannot get them to stop this automated email farse. They called and listened, apologized but could do nothing. Horrible inexcusable buyer beware with Angi, contractors may be fine, but Angi is NOT!

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Dick, We regret to hear that you had this experience with your booked service and we are so sorry for the frustrations. Upon your request, we have cancelled and refunded the full cost. We've sent email confirmation of this as well. If we can be of any further assistance, please reach out to us at homeowner@angi.com and we are happy to assist. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 17, 2021

I have attempted 5 times to reach my representative without a response. Each time I leave a message, I am assured I will receive a return phone call but nothing. I am very dissatisfied with Angi and the poor service I receive from them. I have complained multiple times regarding a false review and they do nothing about it. The method of receiving referrals have changed since they merged with Home Advisor. The consumer must go through several steps to find a pro and it is time consuming and frustrating not being able to just go to a list and make my own selection. In addition, 90% of the leads I receive from Angi are not applicable to my company. The new Angi is a waste of money and is not worth it. Stay away.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Johm, Thank you for your review. We apologize that your experience has been anything but positive. We've passed this along to your Client Success Manager and he will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns and further assist you. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 16, 2021

Updated on 07/22/2021: Well now it has been a week and I got an email from the next person up claiming that he has took over my account and to reach out to him for ideas they have to promote my company better. Like I don't know what they don't understand about I don't want any of their services at all and I want my money back. I have not seen one customer from them, well let me rephrase that I have seen a few customers looking for wooden fence repair.... I am an Iron Company WTF... So now it has been another week. No one will answer the phone or call me back. I only get emails from them offering to promote me but they can't even do that.

I don't want nothing to do with the company and I want all my money back as they breach our agreement and can't even do their job right. Oh yea and even though I have sent like 5 emails not to cancel my account they still charge me diligently on the 30th of the month. That's about the only thing they are diligent about is taking your money and providing NOTHING for it!!!!

Original Review: Well to start out they had my company categorized my company under the wrong topic, I was wondering why I was getting a lot of wooden fence repair calls when I am in the ornament wrought iron building business. That was because they put me under the wrong category and when they said they would refund the previous months subscription; I had send an email asking them to cancel my subscription. Well here I am 2 months later still paying for this subscription and I can't get anyone on the phone nor will anyone email me back. I wish I could give this company like -25 stars. This is the worst advertising company I have ever dealt with. DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THEM!!!

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you've had this experience with your advertising so far. We've reached out to your Client Success manager to address this matter further, and he will be reaching out to you shortly. Please reach out to us at 888-819-2644 if we can be of any further assistance. -AngiSupport

Resolution response: July 26, 2021

I have already taken measures to resolve this situation:

1. I am disputing the online charge of $234.00 thru my credit card company.
2. I will not renew my membership when it expires.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Project: Replace torn screens on two sliding frames.

1. Project request was submitted and pre-paid online.
2. Contractor appears on appointed day who is a subcontractor to Angi.
3. Informed that it’s the customer’s responsibility to provide the required materials.
4. Angi is pre-paid $234.00 for the project.
5. Subcontractor to be paid $105.00 for the completed project.

6. Project canceled.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Kaohu, Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We apologize if any experience you had was less than positive. We'd be happy to further address any questions or concerns you have. Feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team at homeowner@angi.com or you can give us a call at 888-811-2644. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 9, 2021

We have used the old Angie's List before and were very happy with it. The recent experience has been unimaginably horrific. Not only we have not got any replies for our request, instead we are continuously getting very suspicious calls referring to our request and asking a lot of personal sensitive information. Our attempts to understand who are those people, how they got our phone number and how they possibly assist to our needs they mumble something incomprehensible and hang. We have sneaking suspicion that the new Angie's is in a new line of business namely trading personal information of their clients. One has to be very careful with them. It seems to us that the positive references have been orchestrated to lure people as we hear the same story about them left and right.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

We apologize if your experience was anything less than positive. Our outbound Customer Care team may reach out to homeowners when a project request is submitted, but received no responses from pros, in order to assist with finding a pro for your project. Please reach out to us at homeowner@angi.com or give us a call at 888-811-2644 and we'd be happy to further address any questions or concerns. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 8, 2021

I have been a contractor with HomeAdvisor for a very long time. Other than a couple 5-10 minutes phone calls with them a year all was wonderful. Angi took over within last couple months. I’ve had to call in over 50 times spent over 12 hours on the phone with Angi during this time. They accepted a 3500$ payment from my client (on my behalf) and lost it. My client hasn’t been refunded and I haven’t been paid. They won’t answer or return my calls. Angi DESTROYED A GREAT COMPANY.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Steve, We are very sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your advertising. We are here to help and we'd be more than happy to address this matter further. Please reach out to our Business Center at 877-947-3639 so that we may assist you. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 8, 2021

Angie's List is a company that rips off small businesses by bullying them into deceptive Agreements! They harassed us into “giving them a trying” and promised that they would send us leads. We haven’t received anything. To make matter worse, they won’t let us out of the Agreement without paying $3,000.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Tamara, Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry that you had this experience. Please refer to our response we sent you on the BBB website for additional information and resources. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 7, 2021

Need an estimate for over 1 month for window repair. STILL WAITING. YOUR CONTRACTORS ARE PISS POOR AND DO NOT FOLLOW THRU. If you refer them then that makes you RESPONSIBLE. If you cannot stand behind your contractors then Fire Them.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Steve, We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble finding a pro for your project. If you prefer, you can search our list of pros instead to reach out to pros directly. To search the directory of pros in your area in the app, click on the ‘More’ icon in the main navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. Then, click ‘Directory’ to search the listings of pros by category and contact them directly. We are also happy to assist you with finding a quality pro if you'd like to call us at 888-811-2611. We hope this helps! -AngiSupport

Original review: July 7, 2021

J & B contractors came to my home and did the job that I needed done. I would recommend them to anyone else. They did it with the price we agreed upon and the work went well. They did everything that I asked him to do with.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Thank you for the great feedback for J & B contractors! We're happy to hear about your experience. If you haven't done so already, feel free to leave them a review at https://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review, or call us at 888-811-2644 and we'd be happy to take the review over the phone. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 6, 2021

If you are a contractor do not sign up for Angie's List! They do not ask before charging you lots of money for leads. After charging me close to 1k in a month they refuse to credit me after not calling any of their leads. I was clear that we were booked for at least 18 months. Sales person talked me into at least looking at how it works. I am a good busy contractor who their customers needs and I will never work with them again, as well as let all my contractor friends to avoid them at all costs! What a failed business model.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi John, We're sorry to hear that your advertising experience with us was not more of a positive one. We'd be happy to discuss your experience further and address any concerns. Please contact our Business Center at 877-947-3639 at your convenience. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 3, 2021

I went on the Angi site to get a quote for maid service. I asked to clean 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms in a 2300 sqft home. The quote they gave me was $218 for 3.5 hours. Now this quote was OUTRAGEOUS. I have never paid a maid $62/hour. This doesn’t even make any sense. So afterwards I chose the “negotiate your price option”. In the meantime while waiting to get a quote from a couple of vendors I called Angie’s customer service. The lady I spoke to refused to take my feedback about the maid service being too expensive unless I had an account set up. Then I asked her to let me speak to a supervisor just to give verbal feedback and she said the supervisor could not return my call without my full name, address and email. She intimated that she was just going to set up an account for me without my permission. When I stressed that she didn’t need my full address for the supervisor to call me back, she hung up on me!!

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Fumilayo, We are sorry to hear that you had this experience. Feel free to reach out to us at emailus@angi.com and we would be more than happy to address this matter further and answer any of your questions or concerns.-AngiSupport

Original review: July 2, 2021

My Angie’s List company business listing page vanished and nowhere to be found. My Angie’s List business listing with over 250 positive reviews was removed. I believe it was removed after numerous Angi sales reps failed attempts of trying to sign us up to business long term advertising contracts.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information