3.5/5 (561 ratings)
Angie's List (Now Angi)

About Angie's List (Now Angi)

Angi helps homeowners find trusted local professionals for all their home improvement needs. Users can see honest reviews from other local homeowners for businesses in their area, then hire the ones they want directly through Angi’s website. The Happiness Guarantee protects homeowners if they aren’t satisfied. More than 150 million people have used Angi, according to the company’s website.

Pros

• Free to use
  • Convenient mobile app
  • Verified customer reviews
  • Financing options

Cons

• Complaints about calls and emails
  • Customer service by phone weekdays only

Bottom Line

Angi is an online company that matches homeowners with companies for home improvement services. Users can see verified customer reviews and get quotes to compare multiple contractors. A Happiness Guarantee protects customers.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angie's List (Now Angi)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

This experience was flawless from beginning to end...Manuel was nothing but friendly and professional. His first contact with me was only about forty-five minutes after I requested the quote via Angie's. He was very punctual and kept in constant contact with me. The price of replacing my wood fence gate was very reasonable and he performed the work in a very timely manner. I realized that he made an exception for me as his company usually performs larger jobs, but he wanted to take care of my need. The gate looks great and I am totally satisfied! Manuel put customer service first and I could not be happier. He will be the one I reach out to whenever I need his services in the future, and I will refer anyone I can to reach out to him for similar services.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Had my kitchen and countertops repaired plus flooring in kitchen and dining room. Work was completed by Unique JNZ Home-services the contractor Juan ** did a great job with the cabinets and flooring. I only had one minor problem that was not caused by Juan but by Apex stone and granite which Juan recommended was the granite countertops was poor quality granite. It had many small chips, scratches and flaws that were not noticed until after the countertops were installed. Overall I am pleased with the outcome of the repairs and after a granite inspection done they stated that the granite that Apex sold was a quality 6/10 rating. I got what I paid for the inspector stated. As a contractor Juan was very professional, courteous and on time. He cleaned up all his trash from the repairs after his work was completed. I would recommend Juan to anyone who may need home repairs.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

Angie's helped me identify 3 contractors that had the qualifications and good reviews I was looking for to do a repair job. The information I gleaned from other reviewers was invaluable to me in doing this; it is very hard to identify skilled craftsmen in our local area! The reviews also helped steer me away from a couple of contractors that multiple people had had bad experiences with. I then called all 3 contractors I'd identified for assessments of the job, and their estimates. 1 turned out to be a dud outright (pawned me off to someone else who never called back). The remaining 2 were both well qualified based on their assessments, but the one I chose was about $500 less expensive!! So thank-you Angie!! I greatly appreciate the service you provide!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Colonial Van Lines, Pompano Beach, Fl should not be in business. After contracting with them 3 months in advance and putting down a deposit, they left us stranded 2 days before our move. We were asked to give them 3 days possible for our move. We did this and the day before our 1st day were told that they were not able to move us at all! Frantic because we had to out of the house we sold, we contacted Angi. The woman sent me a list of local movers immediately. This was on a Sunday and only one moving company answered their phone. Top Notch Movers, Madison, WI. We were moving to SC. The owner stated he would make it happen and he did. The next day he had his movers over and we were out of the house that night. He had to store our belongings because he had other moves scheduled but made sure to help us out. They delivered our things a week later as promised.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Janet, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! We are happy to see that you had such a positive experience with one of our moving pros. Feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team at homeowner@angi.com for any of your future project needs. -AngiSupport

Original review: June 17, 2021

Richard went over and above installing my driveway. He knew City of Portland code and was very reasonable on price, and quality of his work was superior. He also set 5 beams for my patio cover while he was there which was not included in bid. This company was the best contractor experience I've ever had and I have hired many contractors so I speak from experience. This contractor does more than driveways and is very experienced in his knowledge. He was always on time and his crew was fast, accurate, and timely. My driveway and patio cover are beautiful. I will hire Richard and his team on every construction job I have in the future and I know I will not have to worry about any of the details of the job, I can actually relax and leave it all up to Richard. Thanks Richard. You were delightful and trustworthy.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Deborah, Thanks so much for sharing with us your positive experience with this pro! It's great to hear that you have found a pro you can entrust your future projects with. If you haven’t done so already, feel free to leave them a review either through the app or at www.angi.com. -AngiSupport

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

The service is horrible and the fee is ridiculous. They call you all the time even when you tell them not to and to take you off their list. And they think that they are the greatest thing out there and that nobody can compete. Well I got news for you I don't need somebody else's corporation to clientele are advertised for me, I can do it myself.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we apologize that your experience was anything but positive. We'd be happy to assist with adding your number to our Do Not Call list to prevent future unwanted phone calls. Feel free to send your info to emailus@angi.com. -AngiSupport

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Rynex Paving did an excellent job replacing and extending my driveway. They were communicative, professional and did the job right. We hit a few speed bumps with schedule (thank you, mother nature), but rather than rushing through the job to catch up, they made sure the quality of their product was there. I am impressed and highly recommend them to anyone looking to have the job done right.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Excellent service, professionalism, empathetic, great work ethics, will recommend highly. Work was done in a timely fashion, I’m extremely happy with results. I give this company a 5 Star with no hesitations.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I've used Steve's Plumbing before & I love that they are consistent. When they do a job they are done...never had to call them back to fix what they fixed. : ) Colin is the best! He was on time...Knowledgeable to the point that he was able to complete the job quickly even though our house was built in 1984 & there were a couple of obstacles. He was very professional...Explained all my options & explained what he was doing & what to expect. Super Happy!!! Thank You Steve's Plumbing For Offering Such A Great Service. : )

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I only used this service one time yet I keep getting billed. I have been billed four times for a one time service. Aug 4 for $112.2, Aug. 11 for $112.20, Aug. 18 for $112.20, and Aug. 24 for $1120.20.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Tom, Thank you for your review. We apologize for any concerns that may have been caused and we'd be happy too look further into this and rectify these charges. We weren't able to locate your account from the info you provided. Please send an email to emailus@angi.com with the email address you used when you booked your first service so that we may assist you further. -AngiSupport

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I was looking for a contractor to drywall over the 20 year old paneling in my garage. Almost within minutes of submitting my search I received a call from D L Remodeling. I hired the company and it was a perfect job at an excellent price that started and finished in the time promised.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Jeff ** got to my address on time and got the job done in a timely manner. Both him and his son were very nice and seamed to care about doing it right. I would use them again if I need any work like that again. I would surely recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

My husband and I have both been Angie’s List, now Angi, for probably a decade now. It’s our go-to site when hiring work for our house and property. We have discovered great professional services that are cost effective. Very pleased with Angi!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Updated 08/28/2021: Was told company would call me back and as I figured they never did, best advise is get neighbors reviews and don't go through Angie's, not reputable!! Total mess left on new papers, contractor never used drop cloths and primer used only never painted, stay away!

Original: Needed iron rail painted, supplied primer and paint for my 94 year old parent's house. They sent inexperienced person to home with sandpaper and screwdriver and wound up only using primer, white paint never used. Job was incomplete and no drop cloths used, paint drippings all over new stone and stairs, disgusting job, company cant be trusted, DO NOT USE ANGIE'S, TERRIBLE OUTFIT. They refunded me the 250 dollars but now I'm left with a mess to clean up.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi John, Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to see that your experience with our services was anything less than positive. This is not the level of workmanship we expect from our pros. We've escalated this to the proper channels that handle our bookings and a representative will be in touch with you today. -AngiSupport

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

They connect you with excellent repair services: I've used them for plumbing, electrical and painting repairs, and respond quickly to issues that may develop. I feel confident they've vetted top-rated companies to associate with, and will guarantee any work.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information