Angie's List (Now Angi)

3.8/5 (1131 ratings)

About Angi

Angi helps homeowners find trusted local professionals for all their home improvement needs. Users can see honest reviews from other local homeowners for businesses in their area, then hire the ones they want directly through Angi’s website. The Happiness Guarantee protects homeowners if they aren’t satisfied. More than 150 million people have used Angi, according to the company’s website.

Pros

• Free to use
  • Convenient mobile app
  • Verified customer reviews
  • Financing options

Cons

• Complaints about calls and emails
  • Customer service by phone weekdays only

Bottom Line

Angi is an online company that matches homeowners with companies for home improvement services. Users can see verified customer reviews and get quotes to compare multiple contractors. A Happiness Guarantee protects customers.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angie's List (Now Angi)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Original review: July 27, 2022

Helps you make and informed decision. Was able to find a great company to service our AC unit. Herring Heating and Air came promptly and did the service with a minimal amount charged. They sent a picture of the technician that was coming and he called ahead to let me know what time he would be here. He was on time and got right to work.

Original review: July 27, 2022

Great experience with East Coast Comfort. Major project and they made it go flawlessly. Would highly recommend this company to everyone! I have used ECC at all of my properties and they are the BEST in the business. I’ve recommended them to several co-workers and family.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I immediately received a phone call from several landscapers or text. I was able to respond immediately to get work started. I also used Angi for final move cleaning and was very pleased! Angi always responds very quickly with quality companies. I always know where to turn for help. I am a fairly new widow so this is completely new to me to have to hire people to help me. Thank you Angi.

Original review: July 26, 2022

So far my experience with Angi has been favorable. I have only done two jobs up to this point but will try a third very soon. I have been satisfied with the work done on my first two jobs. They were timely and didn't break the bank.

Original review: July 26, 2022

Navigating the new Angie website was more difficult than previously, as the site wanted to steer me to Angie selecting a contractor, rather than just listing the names and information for companies for me to review. In addition, the system defaults to sending my contact information to companies I didn't select. Apparently I missed "unchecking" a small check box, which produced a flood of phone calls to me from companies I wasn't interested in (including one company in bankruptcy!). I found this EXTREMELY annoying and intrusive. I was, however, able find 5 candidates from Angie to interview and was able to select from these one highly rated company that did an excellent job, so I still feel Angie provides a valuable service.

Original review: July 26, 2022

They were prompt, courteous, efficient and provided quality service. They packed all of the contents of my mother's condo, kitchen, bath, bedrooms, living room, and garage. I would highly recommend this company represented by Josh and Chris for any move in the country.

Original review: July 25, 2022

It was fast and well done. It was in a timely manner and was 100 percent effective, I would hire again any day of the week and would recommend to everyone in my job, family and Neighborhood. Overall 5 stars. Well done.

Original review: July 24, 2022

When you have projects done on your house two things take place today.

1.) Everything is expensive, from labor to materials.

2.) There are a lot of people who claim to be contractors who claim to have the knowledge but have not been at it very long.

The second category can be the most expensive contractors you will ever hire. This was my first time with Cornerstone and when I called, Joe was very polite and professional. He came to my home and went over all the roofs on the property. He then sat down with my wife and I and gave us advice as to what would be the best products to replace the roof with for the best life and performance. We had a bad hailstorm the week before and there was a lot of damage to our house and a lot in our area. I filed the claim and Joe from Cornerstone met the adjuster from the Insurance Company. They went over each building and discussed all the damaged areas and the proposed plan to repair it all.

Thanks to our technical assistance from Cornerstone, the Insurance Company agreed with all of the line items and paid the claim in a couple of days. We scheduled the job and the crew arrived at the promised time. The crew was amazing in that everybody knew their job and the roof was bare wood in the few hours. The crew stripped the roof and checked everything before beginning to install the new membrane and shingles. Because the house was built in 1992, the original roof was tired but more importantly, had been laid down on tar paper. The new materials started with a membrane type base material and name brand shingles. On the advice of Joe from Cornerstone, we added ridge vents and drip edges all around to pull heat out of the attic and give that added protection to the edges of the roof.

The job was finished on time, as promised, and when the Cornerstone Crew left the yard was properly cleaned up and looked as good as when they started. I have been a Manufacturing Engineer for over forty years and spent a lot of time on facilities projects. These guys all knew their jobs and really got things done quickly but, with amazing skill. The roof looks beautiful and once I get the trim painted plan on having Cornerstone install gutters all around to finish off the project. I am a really fussy customer and these guys really knocked it out of the park. Delighted with my new roof and would be happy to talk to future customers or even have them come and see the job Cornerstone did for me. Delighted to find such a great team of craftsmen in today's uncertain market.

Original review: July 23, 2022

Angie's List is our go to over the years to find contractors for work. It is an easy process. I’d give them a five star, but the once ease of reviewing registered contractors, now requires a separate Internet search aimed at the List or for me to actually request a quote before I am seriously looking.

Original review: July 22, 2022

The person (Jacob) installed the window unit and did a great job but forgot to reinstall the window panes back and Angi List charged me $50 for a ladder that wasn't needed, never again, beware of charges for use of installer

Original review: July 22, 2022

I haven’t used Angi for long but it’s been okay so far. Once I’ve had a chance to use it a bit longer I will try to edit my review. But for now, it’s okay. It’s easy to find workers that I need and I’m able to pay through the app and I’m able to contact the business through the app or website!

Original review: July 21, 2022

They wired in a power generator to my home. They were very professional, courteous to us, timely and when the work was done walked us through everything they did and how it works. Explained it very well. I would most definitely recommend these people to a friend

Original review: July 21, 2022

I was extremely pleased and had a positive experience with JV BROTHERS. I had them replace my rugs, moldings and give my home a fresh new color of paint. They were professional, reasonable and quick! My floors look beautiful! I highly recommend and will definitely use them in the future! Thank you guys for everything.

Original review: July 21, 2022

Outstanding fence installation yesterday. Truly "superior" quality materials and installation by "Superior Fence & Rail". Installation team worked through challenges of a heavy rainstorm, and completed the job this morning with the two gates, rail fastenings, post caps and full wipe down.

Original review: July 20, 2022

Ceasar was hired for overall landscaping work. Projects included rebuilding mailboxes inside stone pillars as the main house entrance, extending the backyard patio with relocating the shrubs and bushes to other parts of the property, refreshing the mulch layout and finishing the stone work with solar light installation. Ceasar is a very neat and clean workman in his profession. He was very professional and respected my property when doing the work. He took time out to help me choose the right product for each project around the front and back yards. His workmanship is neat and detail oriented. The combination of his level of work and pricing makes me a happy and satisfied customer.

Original review: July 19, 2022

The leads were bogus, and they continued to draft money out of my account in different amounts for a so-called early termination fee. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone if you don't want your bank account tampered with at any given time.

Original review: July 18, 2022

They were very professional and checked on us. We would recommend them to all of our friends. We have more repairs coming in the future and will be definitely calling them first. Will also help give out business cards for them.

Original review: July 16, 2022

Easy to use and complete. The loss of my dog was painful and I appreciate any and all help that was extended to me. I had to get a new password and it was done in seconds! The email was sent to me almost instantly and I was able to change my password and complete my review.

Original review: July 15, 2022

Definitely someone you can trust and rely on to get the job done and done right. Very friendly and helped explain everything to me about the project. He will definitely be the first person I call for any future work or projects I need done.

Original review: July 15, 2022

Sooo good. They are very very professional and very honest so every time anybody want go Egypt Although no two free business listing websites operate in the same way, you will likely need to follow roughly these steps to list your business on the platform of your choice.

Original review: July 15, 2022

The job was booked through Angie's a couple weeks ago, a clean service was assigned two days before the appointment. 15 min before the appointment I received a text message stating my cleaning service's rescheduled to the next week, totally unexpected. Contacted customer service and was told that there's nothing they can do, besides canceling my appointment. Am very disappointed and upset. I have a party tomorrow and that's the whole point of hiring cleaning service, but Angie apparently thought allowing me to cancel and receive a refund is generous. I was told that this could happen any time, this is just how Angie manages requests.

Original review: July 14, 2022

From quote through construction highly satisfied, would gladly recommend Foskey construction. From top to bottom the company is top notch in all areas. From the start to the finish the crew showed up every day rain or shine ready to work.

Original review: July 14, 2022

M &L Pro did an excellent work of my retaining wall and filled with 2ft depth of lum for my gardening. I am so happy with the project and finished on time. They were here from the start to finish daily 7am to 5pm.

Original review: July 14, 2022

Our business, Yellowstone Radon, signed up for Angie Leads in Sept. 2021, since then Angie Leads has withdrawn approximately $1,572.02 from our business account— with the majority of that amount being withdrawn without our authorization. When we got the call from a customer representative to sign us up for your service we were told that “We would not pay a dime unless we pursued, or clicked on, a lead”.

We, in good faith, trusted that Angie Leads was taking out the correct amount of money from our business account when a lead was occasionally pursued. However, upon close inspection of our account, we have found fraud by Anti Leads on an unprecedented level. Money was taken from our account even your service was not used. There are months where we have been charged hundreds of dollars for not using Angie Leads services. We’ve got every lead we have taken and compared it to the charges by your company and it does not add up. It seems that we were charged per lead sent to us not whether we pursued a lead… We would have never signed up for a service of that nature as it is not a good business model.

We have tried to cancel our service and report this issue through the customer service phone line and have got nothing but the run-around. No one seems to be able to can solve this issue and the integrity platform returned an email but will not release the recorded phone call in which we were lied to. They claim that we signed up for a service that charges us twice, when we get the lead and when we agree to pursue it. Any recorded phone conversation will prove that we never agreed to those terms. EVEN AFTER CANCELLING OUR ACCOUNT WE WE CHARGED AGAIN FOR $32.33.

Original review: July 14, 2022

Hunter put a new floor and new toilet in our bathroom. Throughout the entire process he was very friendly and obviously very experienced with both jobs. We have already hired him to do another job for us -- to install a larger shower in our main bathroom. Visitors to our Michigan cottage will be both amazed and grateful to have these much-needed improvements finally accomplished.

Original review: July 13, 2022

Efficient, seamless and professional describes our experience with NDE as we engaged them to install rheostats on several light switches in our home. Allan and his team have leveraged technology to personalize their customer interactions and provide for a very well run and efficient organization. From requesting a quote (at NDE's expense) to completing the work, we could not be more pleased with the entire experience. Thank You, Allan and NDE!

Ken and Marilyn

Original review: July 12, 2022

Loved using Angi, wonderful platform to use in order to see what is in the area. Would recommend this to a friend in the future and will continue using this platform. Everyone needs to use this, very good and solid platform.

Original review: July 12, 2022

It was easy to look up people and companies. I liked that you have reviews. I used your service many years ago and was very pleased. I like that you get the truth out and do not sugarcoat a review. Your site is easy to work too.

Original review: July 12, 2022

I hired a builder referred by Angi. I thought Angi checked the legitimacy of contractors, i.e. licensing, business registration, experience, etc... Instead I got a lying, neglectful and very poor handyman. He caused all kinds of problems with my 2 bathroom remodels. He became very aggressive when I asked him to repair his errors. I am now preparing to sue him for my loss. I'll never trust Angi again. Caveat Emptor.

Original review: July 12, 2022

I had an ac installed and the service was excellent and I would recommend him again. He wore shoe covers inside and he cleaned up all the mess and he comes highly recommended for any ac work. He arrived on time each day.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information