Angie's List (Now Angi)

Angi Reviews

3.7/5 (753 ratings)
Angi Reviews

About Angi Reviews

Angi helps homeowners find trusted local professionals for all their home improvement needs. Users can see honest reviews from other local homeowners for businesses in their area, then hire the ones they want directly through Angi’s website. The Happiness Guarantee protects homeowners if they aren’t satisfied. More than 150 million people have used Angi, according to the company’s website.

Pros

• Free to use
  • Convenient mobile app
  • Verified customer reviews
  • Financing options

Cons

• Complaints about calls and emails
  • Customer service by phone weekdays only

Bottom Line

Angi is an online company that matches homeowners with companies for home improvement services. Users can see verified customer reviews and get quotes to compare multiple contractors. A Happiness Guarantee protects customers.

What is Angi?

Angi is an online company that connects homeowners with home improvement services. Originally known as Angie’s List, the company rebranded in 2021 and is backed by more than 20 years of experience, information and homeowner reviews.

Homeowners who are looking for professionals for home improvement jobs can find vetted companies in their area. Angi lists both interior and exterior services. You can read verified reviews from previous customers to help you choose the right professionals. You can also compare quotes, book instantly, get financing and read how-to articles.

How does Angi work?

Angi operates similarly to a search engine. You search for the services you’re looking for help with, and Angi provides you with all your local options. You can either book instantly with a company, or you can request quotes and comparison-shop. You also have access to verified ratings and reviews from other local homeowners.

Some of the popular home services offered through Angi include:

• Home cleaning
  • Handyman services
  • Window cleaning
  • Roofing

How much does Angi cost?

Angi is free to use to get quotes, research local contractors and book services. If you want more, there are membership options with extra perks:

• Angi Savings Membership: Members get unlimited access to 20% savings on more than 150 fixed-price services.
  • Angie’s List Green: Legacy members get the benefits of the Angi website, plus a digital subscription to Angi Magazine.
  • Angie’s List Silver: Legacy members get 20% off pre-priced services, plus a print and physical subscription to Angi Magazine.
  • Angie’s List Gold: Legacy members get all the benefits of the Silver membership, plus access to a Complaint Resolution Team to help if an issue arises with a company.

For information about membership costs, start by creating an account on the Angi website. You can also call or email the company for more information.

Angi FAQ

Who owns Angi?
IAC has majority ownership of Angi. IAC’s brands also include Care.com and Dotdash. IAC is based in New York City.
How do I use an Angi coupon?
If you have a promo code, you can enter it at checkout. If you’re paying the contractor directly, you will need Angi Pay on the Angi app.
Do Angi pros have to pass a background check?
Yes, Angi screens the owner or principal of each business in its network. The background check includes a criminal records search. Angi also verifies state-level licensing and requires that each business attests that it carries local licensing.
How do I cancel my Angi membership?
You can cancel a membership online through your account, or you can call Angi.
How can I list my business on Angi?
Business owners can create a free business profile on Angi. A business may be added when a customer posts a review about its work.

Is Angi legit?

Angi is a well-established company with a network of over 250,000 professionals in over 500 home improvement categories. Users can research local companies, read reviews, find pricing information and book services all in one place and at no charge. With its Happiness Guarantee, Angi promises to make things right if you aren’t satisfied with a service. If you have a home project and need a contractor, it’s easy to use Angi to get quotes from multiple prescreened companies.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angie's List (Now Angi)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Original review: April 19, 2022

Noel worked magic repairing the sliding door on our balcony. Our building, which is right at the ocean with all the corrosion that involves, is more than 50 years old, and I think the sliding door was part of original construction. (We have owned our apartment for more than 20 years.) The door was dangerous. It was old, wobbly, stuck and appeared hopeless. I feared a $5,000+ replacement would be necessary. It probably would have been if anyone other than Noel tried to repair the door. He is a determined, skillful craftsman and truly expert, especially for such a young man. He was creative analyzing the problems with the door and window, thinking through the solution and doing it in a professionally expert way.

He worked hard and purposefully, and would not give up until he had completed an amazing job. And he was polite, punctual and always had the kind of confident, positive attitude necessary for this particularly difficult job. He and his assistant worked well as a team restoring our door and left the area absolutely clean when they were finished. And the amount Natalie charges for this work was amazing. We are very grateful to Noel, and always will call on Natalie for any work we need on our windows or glass door.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Trying to pick a roofer can be a very stressful time. Too many choices, many things to think about. Right from the start Luna put us at ease. Andrew did not put on the hard sell, he was honest about cost, scope etc. He answered our many questions and never put down other companies, like some of the others we met with did. Once we signed the contract Stephanie in the front office was so helpful setting up a date and communicating to us every step of the way. The crew showed up on time and went right to work. They covered everything so there was no damage done anywhere to the exterior of our house. Rolando the owner and Antonio the foremen were on site throughout the job and were available for any questions or surprises, thankfully everything went smoothly.

When it came to clean up, if not for the new roof and the Luna sign in our front yard, we would never have known they had been there. It was amazing to watch as they even raked our lawn to make sure there were no debris from the old roof. They started at 7am and were gone before 5 pm. The roof looks great and we are happy we chose Luna. I cannot say enough about Luna Roofing and their professionalism. Next time we need work done we will go to Luna.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Scope: Installed 40-ft French drain and connected it to existing storm drain and install a 4X80 ft swale (dry creek bed) to direct water flowing down a hill into a drain. In October 2019, Drainage Team installed a 40-foot French drain along the back our house and an 80-ft by 4-ft swale in a bed on the hill behind our house. The French drain was installed to address an occasional problem with water coming up at a specific spot in our basement after very heavy rains. This problem occurred even though there appeared to be a perimeter drainage system in the basement that was connected to sumps. The French drain was piped under our asphalt driveway to a storm drain on the left side of our lot. The outlet of one of our sump pumps was connected to the French drain piping instead of being discharged onto the driveway where it tended to form sheets of ice in the winter.

Downspouts in the back of the house were also connected to the French Drain piping to direct them to the storm drain. The swale was installed to improve an existing drain that directed water from the hill to a storm drain on one side of our lot. The existing system frequently overtopped during heavy rains and water ran down the bed, sweeping mulch out of the bed.

The project was completed on time and the job site was left in a very neat condition both while the project was ongoing and after it was completed. The French drain seems to have worked perfectly. We have not had a drop of water in our basement in more than two years. The swale improved the flow of water but it is still overtopped in the heaviest rains. The water flowing down to the storm drain tended to flow along the edges of the dry creek bed instead of through the center and this led to some erosion which we remedied by placing more rock on that side of the swale. The total cost of this project was $7840. I am happy with the performance of these systems and would hire Drainage Team again if a similar need came up.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Colonial Van Lines, Pompano Beach, Fl should not be in business. After contracting with them 3 months in advance and putting down a deposit, they left us stranded 2 days before our move. We were asked to give them 3 days possible for our move. We did this and the day before our 1st day were told that they were not able to move us at all! Frantic because we had to out of the house we sold, we contacted Angi. The woman sent me a list of local movers immediately. This was on a Sunday and only one moving company answered their phone. Top Notch Movers, Madison, WI. We were moving to SC. The owner stated he would make it happen and he did. The next day he had his movers over and we were out of the house that night. He had to store our belongings because he had other moves scheduled but made sure to help us out. They delivered our things a week later as promised.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Janet, Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! We are happy to see that you had such a positive experience with one of our moving pros. Feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team at homeowner@angi.com for any of your future project needs. -AngiSupport

Original review: June 17, 2021

Richard went over and above installing my driveway. He knew City of Portland code and was very reasonable on price, and quality of his work was superior. He also set 5 beams for my patio cover while he was there which was not included in bid. This company was the best contractor experience I've ever had and I have hired many contractors so I speak from experience. This contractor does more than driveways and is very experienced in his knowledge. He was always on time and his crew was fast, accurate, and timely. My driveway and patio cover are beautiful. I will hire Richard and his team on every construction job I have in the future and I know I will not have to worry about any of the details of the job, I can actually relax and leave it all up to Richard. Thanks Richard. You were delightful and trustworthy.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Deborah, Thanks so much for sharing with us your positive experience with this pro! It's great to hear that you have found a pro you can entrust your future projects with. If you haven’t done so already, feel free to leave them a review either through the app or at www.angi.com. -AngiSupport

Original review: May 10, 2022

Angie's is OK if you don't know where to start, but you're much better off asking your friends and neighbors for recommendations. Like Yelp and other online platforms, Angie's charges companies for placement and ads and will suppress negative reviews. Be careful of leaving your primary phone or email on Agni's because you will get SWAMPED with companies hustling, hustling, hustling for work. Make sure you get multiple quotes as the companies will try to close you fast to get the job. Never pay the entire amount up front to ensure all the work gets done. I thought I had closed out a project then I got a call from an Angie's CSR in the Philippines pushing me to hire one of their contractors. Also this call spoofed my area code so I'd pick up. This is spammy, aggressive behavior unbefitting an honest consumer platform. Remember, if you're not paying for the platform, you're the product, not the customer.

Original review: May 9, 2022

A great job was done, I am very happy with the work and the app. I definitely recommend. My house was very clean and organized. The work was done very professionally. Thank you so much again. I will definitely contact you again.

Original review: May 7, 2022

2 limbs were trimmed from tree and disposed of. Tree now looks nicely balanced and it's no longer leaning on roof. Leonel ** was very courteous and professional. They left everything neat and clean. They were very accommodating with scheduling. I would hire South Green Tree again and recommend them highly.

Original review: May 6, 2022

The Angi Survey would not accept my present password that was three or four years since the last update. The Angi process to update password took three tries to update password. This all started after I completed a survey for a very recent roof coating job done by a Angi contractor.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I was extremely pleased with the work and would recommend DMR to anyone that needs some electrical work. He did what he said he would do and when he said he would do it. I rarely write reviews, but I felt I needed to because I was so pleased with his work.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information