AngiesList.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Green Effect Land & Tree - Very reliable, dependable and trustworthy company. Very nice young men. I live in a senior park with our trailers very close. This company took down an 80 foot Pine tree and was very careful and concern not to damage my neighbors homes. I highly recommend this company. Very fair price also! Thank you!

Received one of many calls from AL two days ago and decided to pick up the line. A review was posted with false information at the end of January. Some information in the review was true however this was from 12 years ago but AL allowed the posting to show it from 2016. I brought this to the attention of the AL representative and he told me he did not see this review and that we have an "A" rating. I disagreed with him and told him that from the contractor site it shows a "B" rating and from a consumer site it shows a "C" rating. He still disagreed and I just checked again today, both still show the review and the same grades of B and C. I have the review and response I sent printed along with the judgment document in the case to verify this posting. The rep was even told that PA HIC only requires me to report and judgments less than 10 years old.

I did post a response to the review but it stills shows as "STATUS PENDING" since the review includes AL not verifying what is posted in their reviews. I only have an account because someone did a review and it allows me to monitor any postings. I never have and will not advertise with AL. This experience proves the scam that AL is running just to make money. Fellow contractors, you do not need these types of advertising websites, Google Adwords (money well spent) and word of mouth works just fine. If we contractors don't patronize AL and the others they will cease to exist.

I get a phone call and am given a lot of small talk, I have been called many times; and they want my business. But won't give me a price... But I FINALLY AM TOLD I WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR EVERY CATEGORY; and it will be very expensive to be in more than 3 or 4 areas. Hours on the phone and I start to understand they are reading off of a list as to what to say if I SAY something that is on their list. I was never given a price... And came here to make a complaint. Hours to this ** I was told there was never anyone else that left a referral and my customers say they have gone on to the site and left a referral. Now I hate this company... Never going to get any of my money.

My experience with Angie's List started out fine except for the clunky, very user-UNfriendly website which has never been updated for many, many years. Then I wrote one bad review out of a half dozen good ones and what happens? They call him to verify business and he somehow made them not post it!!! I called and over a few months of "Sorry, we are trying to update the manner in which we post."

They finally posted it with a "Warning" at the bottom that this contractor refuses to be on Angie's List and such action is suspect. HOWEVER, they made it so that you could not find his business on a normal search of contractors in the area. You would have to spell out the full name of the business (including LLC, PA, Inc., etc.) or it would never come up. AND a grade did not show at all making you think there were no reviews unless you actually then clicked on it!! You had to go through all those steps to find the hidden review.

I called for another month to see if they could fix that and they always said, "Sir, I see the review." Then I would make them go through the process of a consumer like me to search and they would say, "Oh, I see, sorry we are updating the way we will post reviews soon." But they never do that, obviously. A totally dishonest operation in my experience. They hide or delete bad reviews on request.

After many years of having a $15 Angie's List membership, today my auto renewal was billed at $44! I received no advance notice of this huge price increase. When I contacted Angie's List 'member care,' I was never given an explanation as to when the prices changed or why I was not informed. After some back and forth, I was told that there is a membership similar to my former membership level that is $24.99. I told them to give me that level and refund the difference. I was then told that the person I was dealing with could not refund the difference, but that someone would be in touch in 1 to 2 business days. Ridiculous! The whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AngiesList.com?

I had been advertising with Angie's List since 2009 to about October 2016 with my AC company. For the first few years we did really well with them, but as they saturated the market in South Florida with sub par HVAC contractors, even unlicensed ones, it became washed out, but that is not why I am upset. For the last 8-12 months we were struggling with them to fix our incorrect grade of a B when it was suppose to be an A, let's all face it. If you are a B rated anything on any online platform, you might as well not be there at all. They admitted to the grade being incorrect in multiple areas of their website, for many months, due to a website platform change.

I had explained to them that "you are portraying my company as a B rated company when it is an A, and I am losing a lot of money because of it" and I refused to pay my advertising money to them until they fixed the issue. To this day they haven't fixed it, and they have put a disclaimer on my account saying that my company does not portray what an Angie's List company requires to be on AL therefore we can no longer advertise with them unless we pay. I was even willing to partial pay for those last 4 months in contract for the incorrect grade, but they left me with no choice but to sue them. They should not be able to knowingly have our incorrect grade and expect payment, they did not hold up to their end of the contract. ADVERTISERS IN SOUTH FLORIDA-STAY FAR AWAY IF YOU ARE THINKING OF JOINING ANGIE'S LIST-BEWARE.

Angie's List is not a reputable guide to "the best" and highest rated business services. We are so confused as to why these ratings are "great" when 2 out of the 3 businesses we hired were not what their ratings showed. A painting contractor had rave reviews but he reeked of alcohol the day he started the job, he sent different painters everyday, no one seemed to know what the other was doing. Another guy we hired to pressure-wash our house did a horrible job and didn't complete what was agreed to. He asked us to give him a good review because he needed the work. He mostly wanted to sit around and talk more than work. We completely lost faith in Angie's List and stopped using their recommendations.

Angies allows fraudulent reviews & does not verify consumer posts. No doubt, Angies will be out of business soon enough!! They collect money from contractors and boost contractor ratings based on a "Pay-to-Play" method. When we paid to advertise, they screened reviews by clients about us to ensure accuracy. When we got only a few leads which were worthless, we stopped advertising. Then Angies stopped ensuring reviews about us were fair... they allowed fraudulent reviews to be posted about our business. Not fair! Not right! Cannot wait to watch Angies go bankrupt!

After purchasing a lawn care deal that I received an email on from Angie's List, I waited two weeks to be contacted by the lawn service. I then called the owner and he informs me he no longer deals with Angie's List due to the 40% service fee they charge. While I don't blame the owner for not wanting to pay a fee, I feel they should have at least contacted me. And as for Angie's List, they charged my credit card for the $99.00, so I guess now I have to get my money back from them. I will NEVER do business with Angie's List again. I no longer give second chances! I should have known better.

In August of 2013 through Angie's List I obtained a contractor to power wash my deck & replace and/or screw in all the screws. I paid Angie's List immediately, their contractor called and set up a date. They showed up on the date and power wash my deck. It was raining, they said due to the weather they will return to finish the job at a later date. It has been over three years, I contact Angie's List every year to complain that the job was never finished. Every year Angie's List replies that since their contractor started the work, I must give them the opportunity to finish.

Over the past two years I've asked them how long must I wait for them to finish before Angie's List will honor a refund? According to Angie's List, apparently this is open-ended and have until I either sell my house or die to finish the work. Angie's List obviously took my money and ran. They want nothing to do with time-consuming complaints indoor fixing any wrongdoing. For this I am for anyone not to use Angie's List for any work, and or services.

I first joined Angie's List about 5 months ago. As a new HVAC (air conditioning) company I wanted to get across to the sales rep. I have a good client base, but I would like an advertising company that could increase my service calls by 3 to 5 calls a week. Since I only have 2 workers I couldn't handle the volume. The rep then said 3 to 5 calls wouldn't be a problem at all in such a busy service area. It's been 5 months without a single call. I asked my account manager how the sales rep fraudulently led me to believe a paid advertising contract would give my company more calls, but still no feedback.

Angie's List is a farce. They do not vet their contractors that they promote on their website. I hired a fraudulent contractor who promotes himself on Angie's List. I would never consult Angie's List again when hiring a contractor. Their website cannot be trusted. I even called and told them about the fraudulent contractor and they did nothing to remove them or even cared about the stress and trauma my family went through.

We needed home services. I signed on with Angie's List. As I always do, I then checked a well-reviewed company with the licensing board in our state. The company's license had been cancelled. There were a number of serious issues, including substandard work and some involving money. I brought this to Angie's List's attention. Nothing happened. We subsequently received several Angie's List "special offers" for this company's services. I contacted Angie's List again; again, nothing changed. Then I wrote an Angie's List review of the company, giving it an "F" rating for this reason. I submitted the review twice. It never appeared.

After a few more identical "special offers" from the company, I contacted Angie's List by chat. The agent told me that the company's owner had told them that he now had a valid license. I checked it with the state licensing board. Both companies are owned by the same individual with the same contact information. However, the company's names (and license numbers) are totally different. The owner may want to continue to use the old name simply for its "good reviews" or because it would cost him to advertise under the new name. However, to me this is deceptive and perhaps illegal. However, I have not been personally harmed by this company, so I am limiting my "complaint" to spreading my experience via this forum.

I am the owner of a small business, Greater Mass Home Improvement, LLC; I would like to share with you my frustration with the popular marketing company Angie's List. I am extremely disappointed with Angie's List, instead helping me to grow my business, this company is putting me out of business. August 2016 I checked out the Angie's List website. I reached out to them to find out how to advertise my business. I spoke with a sales representative and a client success manager several times on how they would market my business, but it wasn't until several calls later did I learn the actual cost. I was reluctant; the sales representative was persistent, even the client success manager joined back in on the conversations. After much back and forth banter the Angie's List sales representative convinced me that there was plenty of work and very little risk involved, assuring me there is more work than contractors.

They topped it off assuring me a client success manager would work with me. The cost was steep but per both the sales representative and the client success manager this amount would easily be returned to me plus more. So, I signed up for two categories of advertisements at $1,500 per month a whopping $18,000 for 1 year. Since signing up, I feel Angie's List has not lived up to their end of this bargain. To date, I've had several customer calls, emails and text to which I respond immediately, then quickly follow-up with project assessment visits and estimates. But disappointingly, I've only secured four customer contracts amounting to $7600 minus materials.

After struggling to pay three month, I reached out to my client success manager. She explains how she can help by connecting me with a special advertising group within Angie's List. They call it Big Deals. This special marketing tool will send out deal offers in behalf of my company (with deadlines) at a reduced rate, to entice any client to purchase a great deal, securing you a job. The kicker is, once the deal is locked in with the client, your company pays them a percentage of what you make on each job through the Big Deal offer. It's a double payout for Angie's List at the expense of my company. I was stunned by this. I voiced my frustration with the offer and their business practices in writing (email) but got no response by email or phone.

This is so sad. When I began with Angie's back in 2007. I didn't even know what it was all about. A client had given me a "review" on tile flooring. I am an Interior Designer. I can't remembered when but I think it was 2010 I decided to get curious about their platform. I started seeing commercials and I thought the fact that the business wasn't paying for placement and phony reviews because it was strictly driven by consumers was the best part of all! Honesty is so hard to come by. My first year with them was amazing. I received lots of traffic and I ended up setting up a "Big Deal". I gave the client 2 hours of consultation and it would lead to getting a project. It ended up be a 75/25 mix. Clients were more interested in getting as much out of me for the $99 than actually needing me to do the project.

Angie's kept all the money. Then they approached me for annual advertising and a better "placement" and more exposure in several area of surrounding Los Angeles areas. I advertised but I didn't really think it got me much more than nothing did. I was very skeptical and didn't want to sign up in 2014 but the sales pitch was great! Now Angie's is going to the FREE clients with Snapfix!! all the client need do is take a photo, submit it to Angie's and they would match them with my service!! $2000 later and not much traffic, low and behold... Snapfix is replaced with Lead Feed and I must pay for every "job fit" they give me. I had just signed up with HomeAdvisor, realized in 3 days what a scam that was, got out of Homeadvisor quick and hit the ceiling with Angie's!

They promised me all kinds of help instead but then here came a renewal again! Business had gotten good again, I had the money, they gave me another county and I was remembering the good ol days when she was doing her business for all the right reasons! Now I gotten even less. One of the come-ons was that if you were a paid advertiser, you come run ads to members for a discounted percentage. The first percentage was 3% of the advertised deal would be kept by Angie's. Then it went to 5% on Labor, 10% on Product and 15% for Consulting or Planning of a project. I found out today that it is now 25%-50% for the consulting!!! Absolutely insane!!! I guess it's time to bolt, such a shame that greed got the better of this company...

Was talked into using Angie's List to promote our landscaping and house cleaning services. They ended up charging us $122/mo. We got a few small orders, which they take a commission on. Basically we lost big time trying to work with them. You cannot complain or reach anyone to discuss your account, other than a salesman. No one in management will talk to you, and you can't get a name. It appears that they have oversold their services, meaning they have too many vendors as opposed to members looking for service. So maybe a few vendors are getting orders from Angie's List, but most are being over charged and receiving few if any orders. Plus it is aggravating to only be allowed to speak with salesmen who have the same tired old line, "you need more reviews", "try a Big Deal". THIS IS A COMPANY TO AVOID IF YOU WANT TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS.

If you own a business who is hounded by Angie's List every other day to pay for advertising and choose not to do so, your company will still be a part of her local list, but the reviews disappear or only some show up. Most consumers would rather do business with a company that had many positive reviews. Angie's List takes that right away from you because of their greed. Also, I was on autopay membership. The credit card on file had expired in July of 2016. Instead of contacting me to update, like every other business does, they find a way around the proper way to do business. Lo and behold, in December, I get a notice from Angie's List that they renewed my yearly membership with a credit card that I had never given them, nor did they have authorization to use.

I investigated thoroughly to find out how they were able to do this and found out that 5 years ago, I had a one time membership (via a Groupon) to Angie's List that was paid through PayPal (with another credit card). AL contacted PayPal and had them put through the charge on an account from 2012. I demanded that they credit my account and they did so, but buyer beware. They are sneaky and deceptive and now that there's HomeAdvisor, no one has to pay to keep Angie living the good life.

AngiesList is frustrating as heck. They had technical issues with their website, that literally took over a year to resolve. Reviews on my business had random coding text. When a reviewer searches for a specific business type, they present a list of business in no helpful order that is relevant to the searcher. My business information was dated and listed that I offer services that I had not offered for months. I contacted Angie's multiple times by email, and phone, to state that we no longer offer such services and it took over eighteen months for them to edit our business information. All the while, we received requests for services we do not offer. If you need to edit your business services on Yelp or Google, you can do it in three minutes... and those are free review sites.

This is most unethical and immoral company out there. I wanted to search for some handymen in the region last December, so I logged in once and searched - they never told me but somehow "signed me up" for a monthly renewal of my account for $9.99. To my fault, I didn't check my credit card statements and when I checked, I found they had fleeced $10.00 every month without my consent. Is there any lawyer out here interested in filing a class action case against this crooked business?

I used to advertise with Angie's many years ago but cancelled after poor returns on my advertising investment. They kept me on some of their lists because of good reviews. They kept trying to get me to advertise over the years but I never bit. Then one day I got a letter from them stating I had to fill out these forms and sign and return them or they would put my company in their monthly mailing and put us on their site listed as their Penalty Box. I was told I could dispute it but it would not be taken down. I have threatened them with a lawsuit if they tarnish my company name. The customer gave us a time period of 3 days to reinstall a chimney cap that was installed over a year ago and blew off in the wind. The customer didn't want to wait till the weekend as we were extremely busy and hired someone else then demanded money back or said she was gonna leave a bad report on Angie's. I had no chance for rebuttal.

Got a 1-year subscription in Dec of 2014. Nothing helpful on there for me. I have changed my debit card info since then but the account just auto-renewed and it is no Dec of 2016! Went to their site to protest and to their credit they SAY they have charged back my account ($6 more than original subscription). Here's what they say about the charge on a canceled debit card: They use a third party "Account Updater"! I wouldn't have thought such a thing was legal!!! The user agreement was new in June of 2016. I'm not even sure this provision for using an "Account Updater" was on there when I signed up. This "Account Updater" has very wide-ranging implications for ANY use of credit cards!

They charge you monthly fee for advertising but actually there are no real clients behind that. They make you sign a year contract, take your money and do absolute nothing. I am on my second month paying and there is absolutely nothing. The only thing they keep me busy with is calling me to ask for more money for advertising and besides the fees they charge you for each lead. I totally regret having falling for their proposal and signed a year contract.

I have read a lot of the reviews of Angie's List and I wish I had read them before I agreed to pay for a year of advertising. The leads were so poor that I bought out my remaining contract before it was completed. This company is not interested in you, the business owner, they are interested in your money and they are trained to take it. Period.

These people care nothing about their product or their profit and lie and say whatever they want, to money from you at all costs. In August, I called Angie's List about doing some marketing. The sales rep told me that the cost was $398, for the year. I thought that might not get me much, maybe move my company up a few spots, maybe bottom of first page, I thought, and I'd be happy with that. We don't need too many new lead, we are mostly referral based. So the rep walked me through the application. Never once did she mention a contract or that this actually $4000! I honestly didn't see that in there either. I trusted that she would tell me that would be the case. I've worked in sales before. You could get fired from the companies I worked at if you did not tell the customer the actual price.

A few weeks later an Advertising rep called me, asked how it was going. I said no one has called me. I am thinking to myself, its because I didn't pay very much. He says okay and thats the end of that. About a month later he calls me again, asking how its going. I tell him no leads. He says okay, and thats the end. 3 months go by, I had paid this on a credit card, which I don't use really, just trying to pay it off, for Christmas, so I don't check the statements too often. It was time to reconcile this credit card, and its completely maxed out! See all the charges from Angie's List, so I call them and tell them I was not aware this was a monthly charge and to cancel my account.

They agree to cancel my account. The very next day they charge my card is charged AGAIN. So I call back, they won't tell me anything, then my "advertising specialist" calls me and tells me I signed up for this $4000 plan! It took me about 20 minutes to find the contract area where it says I'm signing up for $4000 in marketing, very bottom, not even one of the esign pages, total deception by confusion. I would log onto my angie's list account every now and then and there is a section that says "statements". I thought that it was odd that my payment was never on there, because I wanted to enter the first payment into my books and I never received any kind of confirmation number. I am wondering if that is part of the scam too, since most of the places I have complained to asked for an order number, which I cannot provide, places won't be able to find my order.

I am livid. I tell him I want to cancel. He says that is going to be another $1000 to cancel. I don't mind paying for advertising, we give google a lot of money, because I gain good leads from them and lots. I ask him "where is the value in what I'm paying for? No one calls me from this site EVER". He said in the last 3 month I have received 4 calls, 2 being the same number. So I search my records, yes we did do one job. The job was $100, for cable install, which we do but not something we advertise or specialize in. So I paid $1200 to make $100. The leads are garbage. Once someone messaged me, about a little small job and then totally flaked last minute, leaving me to scramble to find something for our employees to do, which cost me way more.

The reason I am writing this is because they say they hire honest contractors, thats one of their advertisements, I contracted them to do marketing for me and they failed to deliver. Another thing they say is that if you aren't happy with your contractor you don't have to pay. Well, I'm not satisfied in being mislead and false promises and they are charging me $4000 anyway. They say they have even more leads and better ones. Total lie! This company should be sued. They took not only from my company, but my family, they maxed the card I was going to buy my kids Christmas presents with. I have also noticed lots of complaints and am wondering if anyone has tried to sue them over false claims of quality leads and being mislead? Thank you taking the time to read this.

I started a new business this year. A small one person service business. I joined Angie's List and very quickly received a call promoting their advertising program. Promises were made about what I kind of results I could expect. Based on that I agreed to advertise. I even had customers who offered to submit reviews to help speed things along. A month goes by and not a single call. The bill for month two comes out of my account and I call to discuss the lack of response to my advertising. Not feeling good about the results I decided to cancel. I will develop my customer base the old fashioned way. Face to face. That is when I'm told I will pay a 30% cancellation fee. Today, $390 came out of my account without warning costing me an overdraft charge. So I have now received nothing from Angie's List but I have paid them $500 for NOTHING! To me that's stealing. I can't recommend Angie's List.

I bought an Angie's List "Big Deal". So far, so good. I attempted to reach the vendor a few times. After several calls (FROM me) Carlos answered. We arranged to get my 4 hours of handyman work done the next week. Next week came, no service. I called a few more times, Carlos answered again. He said his van had broken down, and he was in a loaner now and would come out in 3 days. 4 days later, I was calling again... this time, he had been sick. Asked if he could come the following week? I said "OK, I really wasn't in a hurry, just wanted the work done." The next week, Hurricane Matthew showed up. Nothing to be done about that. I called and called after the storm, and it took over a week to get an answer. He said he was swamped and couldn't get to his calendar right now.

So, here's the problem. I did everything I could do to get this service performed. I was patient, and understanding of the vendor's stated problems. But when I called Angie's List, the rep (Matthew) was rude, indifferent, and quickly told me I was outside the 30-day refund option. How's that? I scheduled the service 4 times and spoke to this fellow at least 6 times during the past 8 weeks. This person should never be answering a customer service line, I don't need attitude after being taken advantage of! I've been a member for a long time. This is the end of my interest in dealing with Angie's List, they have now stolen $139 from me, and I will be posting negative reviews about them everywhere I can.

At the time of writing this review, I have been advertising with Angie's list for almost 4 years. For nearly the entire 4 years, they were my sole source of revenue, and it worked out great. I was making thousands of dollars a month (Which was great because I lost my day job during this time) and I was expanding my business. Christmas of 2014 was my best season to date... grossed $20,000 in less than a month. Things were looking great.

Fast forward to October of 2015, when I decided to move out of state with my wife to try and take advantage of a lower cost of living... then it all went downhill. I went through something like 5 account reps in 18 months, 4 of them really in about 3 months... no one knew my situation, my business tanked (That's what I get for actually expecting the company to do what I am paying them to do). I hemorrhaged money.

We decided to move back to our original location in February of 2016. Fine. We move back, things slowly start to pick up. I call to setup the same situation that led to my greatest success to date with them, Christmas of 2014. I quickly got my feelings hurt. Apparently, the $300 a month I am paying for advertising isn't enough, and now the deal that I was paying 16% on now requires 40% of my earnings to go to them. On top of that, apparently the quality of the providers is questionable at best as now you have guys who are doing what I do (Low Voltage, TV Mountings, etc) for $99, minus 40% to Angie's list, minus $20 or so for a mount...$40 for a job. I can't leave my house for that.

I also came to find out that they would negotiate the rate with me, but that their "Scheduler" (News to me) will choose what the best deal is to the members as well as where they make the most money, and that it is likely I wouldn't get much revenue from it. They started off great, phenomenal even, but they have their hands in too many pots now and it's making it difficult to do business with them. My revenues in this line of work are down across the board (I started a 2nd business which luckily for me is doing reasonably well because I was sitting around too much, thanks/no thanks to Angie's List) and I am honestly thinking this might be the final year I advertise with them.

We shall see, but they need to get their stuff together, figure out how to take care of the contractors as well as the members, because we pay a whole lot more than the members do. I read someone questioned if the reviews were real... every single review on my page is someone I have worked with, if that helps. Used to love Angie's... now I'm looking for a way out.

I spoke with Shelby from Angie's List. They say they were gonna take $360 a month from my account but they lie to me. Angie's List helped themselves with 4000 dollars out of my account without my consent. If you are a business owner stay away from Angie's list. They will steal your money.

I have been a contractor for over 15 years with stellar reviews and high recommendations. 80% of all our work comes from word of mouth but we do have some advertising out there that pulls the other 20%. I was contacted by Angie's List to pay for advertising which we never had in the past and still had the most reviews along with the highest ranking and awards to boot so why pay for a free service. Well there is no saying no to these people. I was even threaten that they would remove our spot from Angie's List if we did not enroll in this advertising plan. So with hesitation I enrolled and have been paying $500/month for what I do not know.

But when I called to speak with my rep about a negative review that had been posted about us and we never did any work for this person reviewing us he said there was nothing he could do and the review stands. He suggested we get more good reviews to bury this one bad one. I tried speaking to his boss about this and even tried speaking to someone there that gave a ** about me at all but to no avail. They could care less about me or my reviews. We are taking legal action which I hate but this company needs to crumble. They LIE and they steal!

As a small construction business owner who made the mistake of advertising with Angie's List I will warn you to say far away and save your money. After relentless daily calls and emails from Angie's List for months I unfortunately answered the phone one day and was connected to one of the advertising representatives who made Angie's List sound like the best thing since the invention of the wheel. They promised my company growth and front page visibility. Since I was trying to grow my business from a single person LLC I was reluctant to spend the $130 a month in advertising costs because as a small business there isn't a lot of funds available. I decided, pretty much not allowed to hang up until I said yes. Guerrilla marketing!

The representative promised my company revolving front page visibility, all I needed was 5 reviews. I had a couple already and she said if I sent her a contact list, Angie's List would send review requests to all my past clients. I sent her the list the next day. A few days later my account manager for my account called to go over my account and made all the same promises. So, I waited a month, nothing. Waited two months, no business. I again spoke with my account manager and he again mentioned the 5 reviews. I brought it to his attention I sent in a list of clients and Angie's List would reach out to them. This was a lie. They will not reach out to your clients as they say they will.

As far as progress growth, I received zero visits to my company website, no project leads, and no request for estimates. They kept none of their promises except the one in charging me $130 a month in advertising fees. I'm not sure how other contractors work but, if a client of mine signs a contract they expect to get what was promised to them. If parts of the contract are not completed the customer would have their money returned for that portion of the contract. Angie's List will take your money and when they don't provide what was promised in the deal, they will then bill you for additional money to get out of your contract. Signing the contract was the biggest mistake I made. Don't make the same mistake. After 8 months of $130 a month I received zero, yes, zero traffic from Angie's List, zero referrals, and zero requests for estimates. After 5 years, I cannot keep the doors open and will be forced to close my business. Thanks Angie's List!

AngiesList.com Company Profile