Angie's List (Now Angi)

3.8/5 (1186 ratings)

About Angi

Angi helps homeowners find trusted local professionals for all their home improvement needs. Users can see honest reviews from other local homeowners for businesses in their area, then hire the ones they want directly through Angi’s website. The Happiness Guarantee protects homeowners if they aren’t satisfied. More than 150 million people have used Angi, according to the company’s website.

Pros

• Free to use
  • Convenient mobile app
  • Verified customer reviews
  • Financing options

Cons

• Complaints about calls and emails
  • Customer service by phone weekdays only

Bottom Line

Angi is an online company that matches homeowners with companies for home improvement services. Users can see verified customer reviews and get quotes to compare multiple contractors. A Happiness Guarantee protects customers.

What is Angi?

Angi is an online company that connects homeowners with home improvement services. Originally known as Angie’s List, the company rebranded in 2021 and is backed by more than 20 years of experience, information and homeowner reviews.

Homeowners who are looking for professionals for home improvement jobs can find vetted companies in their area. Angi lists both interior and exterior services. You can read verified reviews from previous customers to help you choose the right professionals. You can also compare quotes, book instantly, get financing and read how-to articles.

How does Angi work?

Angi operates similarly to a search engine. You search for the services you’re looking for help with, and Angi provides you with all your local options. You can either book instantly with a company, or you can request quotes and comparison-shop. You also have access to verified ratings and reviews from other local homeowners.

Some of the popular home services offered through Angi include:

• Home cleaning
  • Handyman services
  • Window cleaning
  • Roofing

How much does Angi cost?

Angi is free to use to get quotes, research local contractors and book services. If you want more, there are membership options with extra perks:

• Angi Savings Membership: Members get unlimited access to 20% savings on more than 150 fixed-price services.
  • Angie’s List Green: Legacy members get the benefits of the Angi website, plus a digital subscription to Angi Magazine.
  • Angie’s List Silver: Legacy members get 20% off pre-priced services, plus a print and physical subscription to Angi Magazine.
  • Angie’s List Gold: Legacy members get all the benefits of the Silver membership, plus access to a Complaint Resolution Team to help if an issue arises with a company.

For information about membership costs, start by creating an account on the Angi website. You can also call or email the company for more information.

Angi FAQ

Who owns Angi?

IAC has majority ownership of Angi. IAC’s brands also include Care.com and Dotdash. IAC is based in New York City.

How do I use an Angi coupon?

If you have a promo code, you can enter it at checkout. If you’re paying the contractor directly, you will need Angi Pay on the Angi app.

Do Angi pros have to pass a background check?

Yes, Angi screens the owner or principal of each business in its network. The background check includes a criminal records search. Angi also verifies state-level licensing and requires that each business attests that it carries local licensing.

How do I cancel my Angi membership?

You can cancel a membership online through your account, or you can call Angi.

How can I list my business on Angi?

Business owners can create a free business profile on Angi. A business may be added when a customer posts a review about its work.

Is Angi legit?

Angi is a well-established company with a network of over 250,000 professionals in over 500 home improvement categories. Users can research local companies, read reviews, find pricing information and book services all in one place and at no charge. With its Happiness Guarantee, Angi promises to make things right if you aren’t satisfied with a service. If you have a home project and need a contractor, it’s easy to use Angi to get quotes from multiple prescreened companies.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angie's List (Now Angi)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

“Breaker Panel Upgrade/Misc. work” I purchased a house and found some electrical issues that needed to be addressed. I wanted an electrician who could perform an inspection and give me an estimate for not only the known issues but for anything else that may need to be updated and/or corrected/fixed. When I started looking for an electrician, I was looking for someone who did quality work and that would do the job right the first time. I came across Blue Collar Electricians in my search and after reading the reviews contacted them for an inspection estimate.

Jacob initially came out for inspection. He was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions and concerns. He also pointed out some issues he had found during his inspection. After our meeting, I had a good feeling with the choice I made contacting BCE. I received a detailed estimate for all the work to be performed and the cost was reasonable. They scheduled two days for the work to be completed. The communication with Jacob and the office staff at Blue Collar was exceptional.

Jacob and co-workers (Jackie, Patrick & Tyler) showed up on time ready to work. They were all professional and did a “Quality Job” on replacing/upgrading to a 200 amp breaker panel in the house and a 100 amp breaker panel in remote building along with fixing all the other issues. After installation, they stayed late and performed an operational check on both breaker panels and labeled all the circuits. Jacob and Patrick did a final walk-through with me to ensure I was satisfied with all the work that was performed and answered any questions I had. On the first day they stayed late and finished the entire job. Again, they did an excellent job on everything. I give Jacob and his co-workers a five-star rating but if there was an option to give them additional stars I would.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2022

When you have projects done on your house two things take place today.

1.) Everything is expensive, from labor to materials.

2.) There are a lot of people who claim to be contractors who claim to have the knowledge but have not been at it very long.

The second category can be the most expensive contractors you will ever hire. This was my first time with Cornerstone and when I called, Joe was very polite and professional. He came to my home and went over all the roofs on the property. He then sat down with my wife and I and gave us advice as to what would be the best products to replace the roof with for the best life and performance. We had a bad hailstorm the week before and there was a lot of damage to our house and a lot in our area. I filed the claim and Joe from Cornerstone met the adjuster from the Insurance Company. They went over each building and discussed all the damaged areas and the proposed plan to repair it all.

Thanks to our technical assistance from Cornerstone, the Insurance Company agreed with all of the line items and paid the claim in a couple of days. We scheduled the job and the crew arrived at the promised time. The crew was amazing in that everybody knew their job and the roof was bare wood in the few hours. The crew stripped the roof and checked everything before beginning to install the new membrane and shingles. Because the house was built in 1992, the original roof was tired but more importantly, had been laid down on tar paper. The new materials started with a membrane type base material and name brand shingles. On the advice of Joe from Cornerstone, we added ridge vents and drip edges all around to pull heat out of the attic and give that added protection to the edges of the roof.

The job was finished on time, as promised, and when the Cornerstone Crew left the yard was properly cleaned up and looked as good as when they started. I have been a Manufacturing Engineer for over forty years and spent a lot of time on facilities projects. These guys all knew their jobs and really got things done quickly but, with amazing skill. The roof looks beautiful and once I get the trim painted plan on having Cornerstone install gutters all around to finish off the project. I am a really fussy customer and these guys really knocked it out of the park. Delighted with my new roof and would be happy to talk to future customers or even have them come and see the job Cornerstone did for me. Delighted to find such a great team of craftsmen in today's uncertain market.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Noel worked magic repairing the sliding door on our balcony. Our building, which is right at the ocean with all the corrosion that involves, is more than 50 years old, and I think the sliding door was part of original construction. (We have owned our apartment for more than 20 years.) The door was dangerous. It was old, wobbly, stuck and appeared hopeless. I feared a $5,000+ replacement would be necessary. It probably would have been if anyone other than Noel tried to repair the door. He is a determined, skillful craftsman and truly expert, especially for such a young man. He was creative analyzing the problems with the door and window, thinking through the solution and doing it in a professionally expert way.

He worked hard and purposefully, and would not give up until he had completed an amazing job. And he was polite, punctual and always had the kind of confident, positive attitude necessary for this particularly difficult job. He and his assistant worked well as a team restoring our door and left the area absolutely clean when they were finished. And the amount Natalie charges for this work was amazing. We are very grateful to Noel, and always will call on Natalie for any work we need on our windows or glass door.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Trying to pick a roofer can be a very stressful time. Too many choices, many things to think about. Right from the start Luna put us at ease. Andrew did not put on the hard sell, he was honest about cost, scope etc. He answered our many questions and never put down other companies, like some of the others we met with did. Once we signed the contract Stephanie in the front office was so helpful setting up a date and communicating to us every step of the way. The crew showed up on time and went right to work. They covered everything so there was no damage done anywhere to the exterior of our house. Rolando the owner and Antonio the foremen were on site throughout the job and were available for any questions or surprises, thankfully everything went smoothly.

When it came to clean up, if not for the new roof and the Luna sign in our front yard, we would never have known they had been there. It was amazing to watch as they even raked our lawn to make sure there were no debris from the old roof. They started at 7am and were gone before 5 pm. The roof looks great and we are happy we chose Luna. I cannot say enough about Luna Roofing and their professionalism. Next time we need work done we will go to Luna.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Scope: Installed 40-ft French drain and connected it to existing storm drain and install a 4X80 ft swale (dry creek bed) to direct water flowing down a hill into a drain. In October 2019, Drainage Team installed a 40-foot French drain along the back our house and an 80-ft by 4-ft swale in a bed on the hill behind our house. The French drain was installed to address an occasional problem with water coming up at a specific spot in our basement after very heavy rains. This problem occurred even though there appeared to be a perimeter drainage system in the basement that was connected to sumps. The French drain was piped under our asphalt driveway to a storm drain on the left side of our lot. The outlet of one of our sump pumps was connected to the French drain piping instead of being discharged onto the driveway where it tended to form sheets of ice in the winter.

Downspouts in the back of the house were also connected to the French Drain piping to direct them to the storm drain. The swale was installed to improve an existing drain that directed water from the hill to a storm drain on one side of our lot. The existing system frequently overtopped during heavy rains and water ran down the bed, sweeping mulch out of the bed.

The project was completed on time and the job site was left in a very neat condition both while the project was ongoing and after it was completed. The French drain seems to have worked perfectly. We have not had a drop of water in our basement in more than two years. The swale improved the flow of water but it is still overtopped in the heaviest rains. The water flowing down to the storm drain tended to flow along the edges of the dry creek bed instead of through the center and this led to some erosion which we remedied by placing more rock on that side of the swale. The total cost of this project was $7840. I am happy with the performance of these systems and would hire Drainage Team again if a similar need came up.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

On 9-27-22 called to book their prepaid service for some home project. Gave them credit card info and approval. Never sent me confirmation. Called back on 9-28-22 and they had no record of booking or my account. Representative was argumentative and would not let me talk to a supervisor. A scam. Will never do business with Angie's again.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

They did a very good job of renovating a room from drywall insulation to paint, installation of a fan lamp. They re-leveled the floor, installed insulation and finished with the installation of carpet. We are happy. We highly recommended. Easy for get job done.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

I think your website was better before you became "Angi." It used to be easier to search for specific contractors and check their reviews and to just read reviews on various contractors without all the monkey business of entering your personal project info. I was INUNDATED with responses - way too much. I did, however, pick a contractor I found on Angi but not before I started using Google instead. There, you can read reviews without having to answer questions.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Dan was absolutely perfect. He was timely, efficient, kind, excellent etiquette, precise, knowledgeable, honest, well priced, excellent communicator. A true blessing from above & Amazing! The job was done impeccably, extremely efficiently, perfection. He removed our old door & frame & storm door, installed new frame, door, & storm. Love it!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Very professional, did a great job, would highly recommend the company, very fast, clean, very nice, took pride in their work, no problem job did very fast, no complaints. The workers showed up, did a great job, didn't leave a mess, cleaned up everything

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information