Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.98/5

AngiesList.com Reviews

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

She is the Best! Neide has been cleaning for me, and other family and friends for several years. She is Honest and completely Trustworthy. I have even given her the key to my home, something I would never consider doing with other service providers. She works quickly and is extremely thorough. I have had other house cleaners but they do not compare or come close to Neide's thoroughness. Neide **'s Professionalism and Expertise are unmatched. She is kind and compassionate with her elderly clients. My 90+ yr. old mother, who was stricken with Alzheimer's disease, loved to talk with her and looked forward to her coming to the house to clean. Neide always took time to be kind and caring but completed her work quietly and quickly. When She finishes, the house sparkles. She is also very careful to use the proper cleaner for the job. Something I found lacking in other cleaners.

I have recommended her many times to friends and family and they are so pleased with her work; they send Me! a "thank you" note. PS. My stainless steel appliances were difficult to maintain. Neide not only cleans and polishes them to their original glow, but they stay fingerprint and streak free. All I can say is Neide is FANTASTIC!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I'm an inground pool owner. My story involves 2 contractors... Bob, owner of Prestige Pools and Oscar, owner of Oscar's Pool Service. In 2017 Bob's company was hired to re-marcite and correct my pool's walls and floor finish which felt more like 60-grit sandpaper. Bob's company subbed out the corrective re-marcite work... which also failed by startup of the 2018 season. Bob and his company (Prestige Pools) stepped up and contracted to have this faulty Marcite app corrected. 2019 is where Oscar's Pool Service comes in. I could not be more pleased with Oscar and his crew. To a man they were professional, knowledgeable, courteous and methodical in their approach to correcting my pool's faulty finish. In closing, I would strongly recommend both companies. They both are stand-up ethical business entities that operate with a sense of fairness and integrity doing their work as though they were doing it for themselves.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I recently had my backyard updated. The cement was cracking and was not very safe to walk on. My neighbor had her backyard repaved and she turned me onto 3D Brick Paving. So I called them. They came out and showed us some different types of pavers we could have. Well we were happy with what we saw. So we hired them. I was not disappointed. On a scale of 1 to 10 I gave them a 20. Their people that did the work treated my yard as if it were their own. Made sure everything was what I expect before they left. I also think that the price was well worth the final product I received. I couldn't say enough about them. I now have my new backyard. It is so beautiful. I am retired now and I tell everyone I have my new retirement backyard. My husband and I could not be happier. I would recommend them highly.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Cornelius ** of Smiling Windows R Us got to my home ready to work hard and do a good job. He was prompt, well-organized, friendly and willing to do whatever I wanted him to. He got my many windows ready, cleaned them the way I wanted, then cleaned and put my screens back on and they were perfectly clean, bright and shiny again like I wanted. He then began the second job I wanted which was to do a "soft" outside house brick power water cleaning. He used a very mild chemical and it was cleaned perfectly in only a few minutes from greenish black to off-white again. He was polite and listened to and did exactly what I wanted very well and promptly. The price was also very reasonable for the amount of time and work. I intend to use his business again for these and other things that they do: like gutter cleaning. I would highly recommend their services to anyone with no reservations. J.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Mold First Responders recommendation: After having been ill with lung problems for over a year and having had tests done, a specialist said I was exposed to mold. I did not see or smell it but it was there in my kitchen ceiling for a number of years after the tenant above me flooded her kitchen with water from the heating system. First, I had mold testing done by an independent company to confirm the mold. Mold First Responders was the first name on the list their clients had great success with. I phoned Mold First Responders and a person actually answered the phone and explained in detail what they do. I was able to arrange a very early morning appointment for my convenience and Luis and his coworker arrived at exactly the time designated.

They set up their equipment, very carefully covered my floors, rugs, furniture, packed boxes and doorways with protective materials and then came back to remove the mold from the ceiling and walls with microbial cleaner/scrubber. They continued to monitor the rooms for 3 additional days to ensure all the mold spores were removed. I received very detailed information over the phone as to the process they would use and when Luis came, he gave me verbal details of what would be done. I received a comprehensive written estimate with every item listed that would be used during the process. There were no surprises or hidden costs at the end. What was quoted was what I paid.

The men were polite and respectful and true to their word. They showed each day at the time agreed upon and left my home in spotless condition. They deliver what they promise – they do it right and do it once. I rehired the original company to retest the work done and now have a house that’s safe to live in and could be sold without issue. I also had them demo the ceiling in the bathroom where they removed seven bags of plaster, wood and debris. All ceiling plaster, wall plaster and pine paneling was removed from my property before they left. My home is now safe for me to live in. Thanks to Mold First Responders. I give my highest recommendation to this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AngiesList.com?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

They are the worst. They hacked into my bank account without my authorization and stole 1000dollars. They are crooked and don’t give a damn if you get work or not. They just want their money. We have tried to all to get a refund but they do not answer or call back. I am calling the police and my bank investigating this hacking of my account.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I called Lopez Fence I think Tallapoosa GA for my daughter's backyard to be fenced in. I had got their name on Angie's List. He called back within 30 minutes of leaving a message. He was there the next day, measured, said he would go pricing and be back with us the next day. Well the next day got my answer which was Monday 1/20/20 and said he could do it the next day. By 9:00 am next morning he calls and said, "I'm here." I told him to start, she was there and would have his money when finished. I have never had a job done so soon and done right as it. He done excitedly what he said he would do. Hats off to this company.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Our company was contacted by Angie's List sales representative in February of 2019. Angie's failed to deliver on what it sold and committed to. We were lied to, apologized to, lied to again. Angie's List continued auto charging our bank account while not delivering prospective leads. We were told and paid for 22 - 27 leads per month. We spent time, money, and energy mapping out in detail our coverage area. The first leads that were sent through were nowhere near our coverage area, some two hours away. After logging many calls and emails, we were told this was an error on behalf of Angie's List. Things only got worse, expecting and paying for a minimum of 22 - 27 leads per month we were getting zero to a handful of leads, many of which were of no quality.

We were told by an Angie's List senior account manager he had clients that paid 200,000 per year and that he did not have time to deal with our complaints and problems. Ironically, we placed dozens of call and sent dozens of emails, we would receive a lead or two. We sent Angie's List a detailed complaint and demand that all auto charges were no longer authorized until Angie's List corrected the problem and compensated our company for the loss of business and non-delivery of leads. Angie's List committed wire fraud on three occasions.

For the record over a 10 month period we were told we would receive, and we paid for 22 - 27 leads per month, cumulatively 220 - 270 leads over this period, we paid for. As of this review, our company received 49 leads over ten months, a third of which were of poor quality. In November 2019, we learned at breakfast with other contractors, HomeAdvisor pay per lead contractors were getting Angie's List leads, while monthly Angie's List subscribers were not receiving leads, in the exact same coverage area. We filed a complaint with Angie's List. We were first told Angie's List has no control over how many leads a client receives regardless of monthly fee amount. When we called them out on the HomeAdvisor and Angie's List dilemma, we were given a different story. Angie's List found an excuse, in their opinion to ignore the facts. We have asked for explanations and answers and have received none.

Angie's List canceled our agreement, kept all our money, several thousand dollars, did not produce what Angie's List promised, and said it was because we were a pain, and complained too much. In a contractor's world, our customers expect to receive what they pay for, and we deliver. Angie's List should be investigated by the FTC, the FCC, and every state that Angie's List operates in physically or over the internet. We have filed wire and bank fraud charges. To this date Angie's List ignores all our questions, and has not refunded a single dime.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Overpriced and laughable. I bought AL for my roofing company and all I get is gutter referrals, which we sub out and rarely do. They are all at a minimum 2 hours away and all the customers are anal retentive and wouldn’t use you if you did it for free. Lol. I’ve got 2 bad reviews for not answering my cell or not giving my company name as I answered. WoW! Don’t waste your money.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Called the company, our fireplace would not function. Alpha Omega can out stated we needed a pilot and control module assembly for gas insert. Charged us $625.00 dollars, took the fireplace apart and then said we needed a new fireplace insert. Said our fireplace was over 20 years old. Did not leave the old part??? Took all the logs out. Our fireplace was only 4 years old, we questioned him on that comment. Stated we were wrong and gave us a brochure to buy a new fireplace from them.

We were referred to another company. When the service man came out, he call Omega and asked them what they did for $625.00. Alpha Omega would not reimburse us and the owner would not call us back. The new service man replaced the module assembly and rearranged the logs according to the company's brochure. The fireplace works fine now and we were only charged $286.00.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

AngiesList.com Company Information