1.58/5

520 AngiesList.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 4, 2019

Cornelius ** of Smiling Windows R Us got to my home ready to work hard and do a good job. He was prompt, well-organized, friendly and willing to do whatever I wanted him to. He got my many windows ready, cleaned them the way I wanted, then cleaned and put my screens back on and they were perfectly clean, bright and shiny again like I wanted. He then began the second job I wanted which was to do a "soft" outside house brick power water cleaning. He used a very mild chemical and it was cleaned perfectly in only a few minutes from greenish black to off-white again. He was polite and listened to and did exactly what I wanted very well and promptly. The price was also very reasonable for the amount of time and work. I intend to use his business again for these and other things that they do: like gutter cleaning. I would highly recommend their services to anyone with no reservations. J.

Original review: May 24, 2019

"Living Landscapes" has exceeded my expectations with two completed projects. Owner/Manager Daniel Wyatt is a rarity; an honest professional who is courteous, patient and asked for my input as the undertakings continued. Daniel personally handled the designs and all elements of his work products. He is one of the hardest working Landscapers I have ever met. Being a Senior, I appreciate that he treated me with dignity and respect, keeping me informed daily.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Jim Wilson, owner, is very experienced, honest and competent. He is very competitively priced. The workmanship is excellent! We noticed an immediate improvement in cooling and heating of our kitchen, dining area and family room. Follow up, clean up and all aspects of the project were First Rate. I'd give Wilson Restoration 5 stars plus. We couldn't be more pleased. Will definitely call Jim Wilson first on any home project. He is the best!!!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Red Baron Enterprises was able to provide an experienced plumber to remove and install a hot water heater 1 day after I called them. They pulled a permit the same day the work was being done and arranged for the City inspection. The plumber was on time and took about one hour to remove and install the hot water heater. The City Inspector came a few days later and passed the inspection and said the work was “expertly done”. I have used Red Baron Enterprises several times and consider them my “handymen”. I highly recommend Red Baron Enterprises!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Mold First Responders recommendation: After having been ill with lung problems for over a year and having had tests done, a specialist said I was exposed to mold. I did not see or smell it but it was there in my kitchen ceiling for a number of years after the tenant above me flooded her kitchen with water from the heating system. First, I had mold testing done by an independent company to confirm the mold. Mold First Responders was the first name on the list their clients had great success with. I phoned Mold First Responders and a person actually answered the phone and explained in detail what they do. I was able to arrange a very early morning appointment for my convenience and Luis and his coworker arrived at exactly the time designated.

They set up their equipment, very carefully covered my floors, rugs, furniture, packed boxes and doorways with protective materials and then came back to remove the mold from the ceiling and walls with microbial cleaner/scrubber. They continued to monitor the rooms for 3 additional days to ensure all the mold spores were removed. I received very detailed information over the phone as to the process they would use and when Luis came, he gave me verbal details of what would be done. I received a comprehensive written estimate with every item listed that would be used during the process. There were no surprises or hidden costs at the end. What was quoted was what I paid.

The men were polite and respectful and true to their word. They showed each day at the time agreed upon and left my home in spotless condition. They deliver what they promise – they do it right and do it once. I rehired the original company to retest the work done and now have a house that’s safe to live in and could be sold without issue. I also had them demo the ceiling in the bathroom where they removed seven bags of plaster, wood and debris. All ceiling plaster, wall plaster and pine paneling was removed from my property before they left. My home is now safe for me to live in. Thanks to Mold First Responders. I give my highest recommendation to this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AngiesList.com?

Original review: June 19, 2019

Don’t use. Angie’s List do not verify their contractors. I was defrauded by a "Verified" contractor and was told I had to pay $99 for Angie's List to assist. Will will use them again because they would not assist or remove contractor after I was defrauded. Contractor still being advertised on their site. No customer service equals no customers.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The quality and number of leads for the California Market has lead in the last two years to 80 per cent decline in our business with over 215 reviews. HomeAdvisor now has a hand in poaching a lot of our inquiring customers. Paying over 500.00 a month because we are under contract has be an arduous task. We have lost all of personnel except one. Don't cross collections department or you will have as they say consequences. It has been a struggle to pay the remaining part of the contract but we will because it would affect our credit. Think long and hard before considering third part aggregates (Angie's, Houzz, Thumbtack) to create business. Use Yelp, Next Door and more organic types of advertising like local newspapers. Make customers happy and ask them to refer you to their friends and family.

Original review: June 17, 2019

We were convinced as a company we would get good leads from Angie's List. NO one told us we could not cancel at any time and the leads we were getting didn't apply to us because their categories are way too broad. They told us that there was over $1000 penalty for canceling. Just as bad as HomeAdvisor. Warning to all companies looking to Advertise on Angie's List --DON'T. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!

Original review: June 11, 2019

On 4/19 had Storm Air and Carpet Services clean my dryer vent for $206. Slight improvement but felt Dryer still taking too long to dry. Called Maytag for service. He said vent clogged. Called company to come back and fix and got an argument. Finally an appointment one week out. Had another company clean out today who found large clumps of stiff lint clogging at top of vent. Vent on roof of one story house. Storm Air did not clean from roof. Only cost $112.00

Original review: June 10, 2019

Angie's List sign me up under the belief that they would help me to get leads. The only thing I have received as far as leads from Angie's List have been people trying to get ahold of my account information so that they could be legally steal from me. They charge me a fee to be advertised on Angie's List which I was told was going to be a one time fee and it's turned out to be more than once in our if they are refusing to refund my money. Do not do business with Angie's List. They will defraud you and sell your information to people who will try to steal from you.

Original review: June 5, 2019

The man was here a very short time and his pricing was exorbitant!! The pricing was $95 an hour AND $85 for a SERVICE CALL!! I received NO SERVICE AND NOTHING WAS DONE FOR ME. Never was a service call fee mentioned. Total $180.00 for doing nothing and collecting an exorbitant fee. I think this company needs investigation into their practices of bilking a person out of money for doing nothing. I would say BEWARE OF THIEVES IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING. I would never hire this company to do anything for me. I WOULD HAVE TO MORTGAGE THE HOME TO PAY THE BILL!!!!

Original review: June 2, 2019

John from Best Windows is polite and his windows are great. Winter they keep my house warm and summer keeps my house cooler. Someone managed to crack one of my windows and he replaced it for free. Lifetime guarantee. I have had my windows for 3 years now. Thank you. M **.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I am a reputable contractor and no longer with Angie's List. Angie's List is not interested in finding quality, they only want contractors that need business badly enough to pay them! A member of Angie's List reviewed me, then another and so on. Eventually I was the most reviewed and highest rated contractor in my market (all 5 stars). Angie's List literally HARASSED me. They called me almost every day and sometimes multiple times in one day. They were very pushy and ultimately threatening. They hated that I was getting business and positive reviews organically and not paying them for some sort of preferred vendor status. They were extremely rude to me and would almost ruin my day with how spiteful they were if I wouldn't upgrade and start paying them!

One time when I wouldn't upgrade the sales lady said, "Fine! We'll just close your account!" and she hung up on me. They didn't close my account. They kept calling. Eventually they wanted to "verify" all their contractors and asked for my social security number. Not a chance! The last time I looked they had deleted all the positive reviews that had been posted through their site, and found the only negative review that exists online for me in effort to misrepresent my reputation. I don't need Angie's List. I have more business than I can get to, but I feel the need to share my experience. If you're looking for a quality contractor, don't look at Angie's List!

Original review: May 24, 2019

Don't trust Buddies Cleaning. You can't trust these guys! I kept in touch all week, and the same day, as to assure of their arrival. I think they prey on those who are running a rental and know we count on them for their service. They told me they were on Angie's List. Angie's, do more research.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I signed up for Angie’s List looking for waterproofing companies and honest to God, within 3 mins I was bombarded with contractors contacting me from both Home Advisor and Angie’s List! Apparently both companies have merged together. Before the day was over I had to go back into my newly created account and change my phone number just to stop the calls. I will never go on that site again.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Jason was fast, efficient, and knowledgeable. We found we had 2 refrigerators go out on the same day. Lost all food in one and the freezer food in the other. He arrived and diagnosed the problem quickly and fixed it promptly. Best yet the price was right. Would use him again if need another repair. Thanks Jason.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I was unable to connect to this bogus site via their web page as their "contact us" DOES NOT WORK!!! Also, there is no indication as to how to receive the promised refunds for not having been warned that they would collect membership w/o contacting the member monthly.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Angie's List used to be a great resource, but then HomeAdvisor bought it out to get rid of their competition. Now it's just as bad as HomeAdvisor. I have to put in all kinds of information and they will choose a contractor to call me. I wanted to see the list of contractors and what people had to say. Can't do that anymore. It's just a shame that this good company with good service was trashed by HomeAdvisor.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Lol I signed up with this pile of a company last year and was not aware of how crooked it terrible it was run. Lucky I was able to send them packing and now they have a process server after me for my remaining bill. It’s fun as hell. This guy is never going to make contact with me to get my paperwork.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I'm starting a new company in Michigan doing concrete and landscaping. I only have a 6 month work season and limited funds. I have been advertising with Angie's List for one month. I've only had four messages and no jobs landed. The guy who signed me up said I could pay as I go, I just wanted to give it a try and see what it was about. The guy told me numerous times before I gave him my card info that I could pay as I go. I called my Angie's List rep a few days ago and told her that Angie's List was not working out for me and that I would like to stop advertising with them. She told me too bad and that I signed a contract to pay them $300.00 a month for 12 months.

I was in complete shock that a big well known company like Angie's List would actually do this to people. She said if I cancel they will need 35% of my contract immediately! If anyone has had a similar situation with Angie's List then please contact me. I will not be bullied, misled and threatened into giving my hard earned money to a fraudulent company that has a terrible service offered. I can't be the only one this has happen to. I definitely feel this is a class action. **

Original review: May 6, 2019

This is my second request for some acknowledgement on my first review. Have not heard from anybody. Rainbow Carpet Care, Fred **. My carpet looks terrible. I know you probably won't post this. I truly don't care. I just a refund on the $140.00 I spent on this job. This is ridiculous that no one has contacted me. Not happy, Mary **.

Original review: May 2, 2019

The companies recommended in response to what was clearly a need for in-home service were nearly 1,600 miles away - obviously not relevant. Now I'm trying to get off the email list. Will never use Angie's List again.

Original review: April 30, 2019

They lie with the product they offer and use the contract to cover it up. In some cases, this didn't just screw me, but my client as well. They also did not provide the leads they promised or update my profile when requested. This is by far the worst company I have ever done work for. I had a Very bad experience with AngiesList.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Signed me up & took my deposit. Failed to finish my profile & post my content. We parted ways due to their unprofessionalism. They refuse to refund my $4,000 even though my campaign was never launched. They market themselves on the basis of integrity. They have NONE. DO NOT do business with Angie’s List. Frauds.

Original review: April 21, 2019

They lie through their teeth and use the contract to cover it up. In some cases, this didn't just screw me, but my client as well. They also did not provide the leads they promised or update my profile when requested. This is by far the worst company I have ever done work for.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have reached out to Angie's List on several occasions, made phone call but they've No Phone Support to help resolve matters in a timely fashion. I've contacted them via email and when I did get a reply twice it's for me to sign up. I'm seeking help to remove a fraudulent review and to remove our company name from their website. I only deal with one company, no other website should be providing our services or information. I have contacted the Attorney General's office in Indianapolis and North carolina since no one from Angie's List has reached out to resolve this matter. Unprofessional.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have hired many wonderful contractors through AngiesList.com The problem is, it has now become IMPOSSIBLE for me to reach someone at Angie’s List. I posted a review for the wrong contractor and I asked Angie’s List to remove it using the online contact form. The review had not been removed after two weeks so I called them. Every option I choose in the automated system results in this message: "It appears your membership plan does not include phone support". I am still a PAYING subscriber. I am NOT on the FREE plan. I'm only trying to HELP THEM with a contractor review! How do they expect to stay in business with this lack of customer service?

Original review: April 16, 2019

Angie’s List took a customer that we used to build our fence. They gave one of the highest ratings. A month ago we had a tree that fell on the fence and I try to approach the owner of the fencing company. We had an emergency situation, and like always, the owner never calls back. I finally did reach the owner and he decided to rip me and call me every name in the book the chlorine ** word and tell me to ** off and that he was putting the company up for sale.

He made a large sum of money off us and our fence is destroyed. I noticed on the folder of the company, that they were rated on Angie’s List. If you think Angie’s List is the golden company to base your decision to use a company, I’d think twice with utilizing anything on Angie’s List. I think people better very much be careful on how they select a business just because it’s on Angie’s List because I do not believe they follow up with their customers and they follow up only when they want to. This company doesn’t even allow you to leave messages or even to contact customer service. Maybe that was my first sign both companies have extremely poor customer service and that’s probably the kind of company is Angie’s List takes.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I should have gone with my gut and ran from the salesperson when I first called them. We are a new independent painting company and Angie's List made it sound so easy to get advertising. They never followed up with our prior customers that we contacted and said Angie's List would be calling for a reference. Clients never got calls. AL then told us to reach out directly to our customers via app and have them submit ratings. The same person was published twice and the other 4 who replied never showed. AL said they would do a special ad for us because after 2 weeks, I was done with them and wanted to cancel. So, we worked for hours on a Friday to ensure the ad was displayed over the weekend. I sent them "approved" emails because their automated ad approval service was down.

I get emails on Monday saying I needed to approve the ads, which I figured was just their approval service catching up and I didn't need to approve because I sent the emails. Turns out the ads never ran over the weekend - or at all. I finally cancelled and changed my payment method to a pre-paid debit card, knowing that I was going to fight paying $1500 for 3 weeks of "ads" from them. When the automated payments for cancelling did not go through the pre-paid card, they went back to my initial payment method (debit card) and took the full amount!! I lodged a complaint with my bank, who, after a 90 day investigation, agreed that the money was taken "in Error". Now I need to figure how to to fight them to stop collections action. I refuse to pay $1500 for nothing. Any recommendations are welcome.

Original review: April 15, 2019

Canceled with them years ago because of pricing issues and them telling me I could cancel at any time. Not true, I had to pay for the rest of the year. That was the first of multiple burns. They have been trying to get me back since. Because I said to the salesperson “I heard your proposition but I’m not ready to make a move today, I will think about.” The salesperson literally said have a nice day and hung up on me, mid sentence. Are you kidding me? I could go on for days about our experience with them but this is exactly why we won’t do business with them and will not. Totally unprofessional. Don’t fall for the hype. It is false. They don’t give a ** about you or your company doing well.

AngiesList.com Company Information