Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.72/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

AngiesList.com Reviews

Original review: April 9, 2020

Paradise Garage Door Review. I needed to do some repairs to a garage door (8x16). I also needed to replace the opener. Josh, the service tech, called on the scheduled day to say he was on his way, and showed up early. He had everything he needed to do the job with him. We discussed what would be done and how long it would take. He answered all my questions completely and to my satisfaction, and went to work. He did a great job and actually finished early. He programmed my new remotes and walked me thru the app. He cleaned up completely. And again answered my questions. I would definitely recommend Paradise to everyone, and have say that Josh was more than competent, professional, personable, and I would also highly recommend him.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

She is the Best! Neide has been cleaning for me, and other family and friends for several years. She is Honest and completely Trustworthy. I have even given her the key to my home, something I would never consider doing with other service providers. She works quickly and is extremely thorough. I have had other house cleaners but they do not compare or come close to Neide's thoroughness. Neide **'s Professionalism and Expertise are unmatched. She is kind and compassionate with her elderly clients. My 90+ yr. old mother, who was stricken with Alzheimer's disease, loved to talk with her and looked forward to her coming to the house to clean. Neide always took time to be kind and caring but completed her work quietly and quickly. When She finishes, the house sparkles. She is also very careful to use the proper cleaner for the job. Something I found lacking in other cleaners.

I have recommended her many times to friends and family and they are so pleased with her work; they send Me! a "thank you" note. PS. My stainless steel appliances were difficult to maintain. Neide not only cleans and polishes them to their original glow, but they stay fingerprint and streak free. All I can say is Neide is FANTASTIC!

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I'm an inground pool owner. My story involves 2 contractors... Bob, owner of Prestige Pools and Oscar, owner of Oscar's Pool Service. In 2017 Bob's company was hired to re-marcite and correct my pool's walls and floor finish which felt more like 60-grit sandpaper. Bob's company subbed out the corrective re-marcite work... which also failed by startup of the 2018 season. Bob and his company (Prestige Pools) stepped up and contracted to have this faulty Marcite app corrected. 2019 is where Oscar's Pool Service comes in. I could not be more pleased with Oscar and his crew. To a man they were professional, knowledgeable, courteous and methodical in their approach to correcting my pool's faulty finish. In closing, I would strongly recommend both companies. They both are stand-up ethical business entities that operate with a sense of fairness and integrity doing their work as though they were doing it for themselves.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

This is the first time I have ever had someone clean my house as I have always cleaned my house, and I am know 81 yrs. old. These ladies really did a fantastic job, I am so pleased with them & I am now going to have them come once a month to clean. I was so surprised that they even cleaned the shower walls & dusted the blinds too! Vacuumed the rugs & mopped all the tile floors, dusted everything in the house & polished the furniture too. I really recommend these ladies, I am sure you would be pleased with them, as I always thought I was a good housekeeper & very picky too. So if you are in need of having someone clean you house I certainly recommend them. Call: Grace.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I recently had my backyard updated. The cement was cracking and was not very safe to walk on. My neighbor had her backyard repaved and she turned me onto 3D Brick Paving. So I called them. They came out and showed us some different types of pavers we could have. Well we were happy with what we saw. So we hired them. I was not disappointed. On a scale of 1 to 10 I gave them a 20. Their people that did the work treated my yard as if it were their own. Made sure everything was what I expect before they left. I also think that the price was well worth the final product I received. I couldn't say enough about them. I now have my new backyard. It is so beautiful. I am retired now and I tell everyone I have my new retirement backyard. My husband and I could not be happier. I would recommend them highly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AngiesList.com?

Original review: June 28, 2020

I tried reviewing a company I used from AngiesList and they would not post my review. I provided all my info to prove I was a legitimate customer and they still did not post it. They must get paid by companies to filter reviews. Would not trust anything from their website nor will I use them in the future.

Original review: June 21, 2020

They are charging businesses to advertise with them and then sending the lead info to their new partner Handy. I used an incognito window to search my area and started getting solicited from handy and hadn’t asked for a quote.

Original review: June 17, 2020

Our company subscribed to Angie's List in Feb 2020. Paid over $8K for a year of advertising in advance. To date, it's been a 4-month nightmare. Terrible leads (we question whether they are legitimate) and poor service from AL. About 75% of the requests for service were for services our company does not provide, but AL could not figure out how to properly categorize our services or communicate accurate information with their members. We finally canceled our contract to put a stop to the nuisance leads. A complete waste of time and money! We DO NOT RECOMMEND doing business with Angie's List/Home Advisor. It was a terrible experience for our company. If we could give them a grade, it would be an "D-" as they were very responsive when it came selling us a worthless service.

Original review: May 29, 2020

We signed up with Angie's List on March of last year. For the first few months, we were receiving leads from counties we don't service nor advertise, and even from out of state (NY, where we don't even have a license for), so basically not valid leads. We called customer support many times to let them know, and every time they said they would fix it, but kept happening for another 3-4 months. After they finally changed it to advertise us just on Bergen County (area we DO service), we did receive a few leads from our area, but still mixed with a lot of other areas we don't service. More invalid leads than valid ones. Bottom line, absolutely not worth the money spent monthly.

This being said, we called Angie's List customer support one more time, but this time to cancel the service. They said that they could cancel it, but we would have to pay a significant early termination fee, which would make it a lot more expensive than just keeping it for the remainder of the year contract, if we were to grab at least a couple of jobs here and there. We kept it, but mentioned that we would NOT renew it for the following year.

We are also subscribed to Home Advisor, which we pay per lead instead of monthly like Angie's List, and at one point we started receiving leads on Home Advisor that said "Lead submitted via Angie's List". This is where we realized that Home Advisor and Angie’s List are owned by the same people, and we were paying twice for the same lead. We are paying Home Advisor for that lead that came in, but also Angie’s List monthly for the same lead that found us on their platform. We called customer support again, and they tried to explain how it worked and why we weren’t paying twice, but didn’t make sense at all.

At this point we asked again to cancel our contract, to which we were told one more time that it would be an early termination with a high fee. We were again convinced to keep it till the end of the contract. Once again we let them know that we would continue with the subscription until the end of the contract, but we would NOT renew it. This year we sent them an email asking when the contract was up, with the idea of NOT renewing.

They answered right away saying that our contract had been renewed for another year, after we specifically mentioned at least a couple of times that we didn’t want to renew. We told them that we didn’t want to renew, and that they knew that from last year, and they said they sent us an email regarding the renewal, and if we wanted to cancel the contract, we would have to pay an early termination fee. EARLY??? We told them last year that we didn’t want to renew!

We also told them we didn’t receive any emails from them, but they kept saying they did send it. We checked again the email address we have in their system, but couldn’t find anything. They then said they sent it to an email address we haven’t used in over a year, and we don’t even have in our Angie’s List platform. Even though we kept saying that that email address was not in use for over a year and it’s not the one they have on file, they kept insisting that the email was sent and because they didn’t receive a reply, they auto-renewed the contract. That is insane. AND THAT EMAIL WAS NEVER OPENED until they told us they sent it there.

We told them many times that it was ok to charge us for the couple of months of the running year, but to please cancel that contract with no early termination fees, but we always got a negative response. We can't say for sure we know how to ensure we can cancel after maximizing what we are committed to since if we cancel now we pay early termination fee, and if they send us a renewal email under the radar again and we don't catch it, you automatically are renewed.

Not surprisingly, if you Google Angie's List for complaints, you will see many negative reviews about their deceptive business practices and questionable validity of how they promote the "best" service providers.

I suppose what is most surprising of all though is, in these current unprecedented times where businesses, especially contractors that focus on residential/non-commercial customers who either have been financially impacted by the COVID crisis or are afraid and want to distance themselves from the risk of virus exposure,, Angie's list is taking a very hard line.

Insurance companies are voluntarily reducing premiums, small businesses are feeding front line essential workers, banks and credit cards are easing restrictions, but Angie's list management won't even return phone calls to if nothing else have a fair conversation. Calls to customer service who referred us to a manager and promised a call back followed by 5 voice mail messages were not even returned.

The salesman said you signed the contract and they will not deviate from it, even though we never knowingly opted into a renewal. Legality aside, in these times, is this the company you want to have your back or be your "trusted advisor?" There are two sides to every story, so I encourage you to Google "Angie’s List Complaints, Angie’s List Scam, Angie’s List Deceptive Sales Practices" to name a few searches. If you are a consumer I encourage you to do the same, including looking at consumer reports and phrases like "Is Angie's List Reputable?"

Original review: May 11, 2020

Don't be fooled by the legacy of the name. Now it's just a scam. No longer convenient and not even fair anymore for the businesses. Consumers have to provide personal information just to see anything and businesses have to pay for ads to get better fake reviews! Unapologetic. Pay to win in real life.

AngiesList.com Company Information