3.5/5 (500 ratings)
Angie's List (Now Angi)

About Angie's List (Now Angi)

Angi helps homeowners find trusted local professionals for all their home improvement needs. Users can see honest reviews from other local homeowners for businesses in their area, then hire the ones they want directly through Angi’s website. The Happiness Guarantee protects homeowners if they aren’t satisfied. More than 150 million people have used Angi, according to the company’s website.

Pros

• Free to use
  • Convenient mobile app
  • Verified customer reviews
  • Financing options

Cons

• Complaints about calls and emails
  • Customer service by phone weekdays only

Bottom Line

Angi is an online company that matches homeowners with companies for home improvement services. Users can see verified customer reviews and get quotes to compare multiple contractors. A Happiness Guarantee protects customers.

What is Angi?

Angi is an online company that connects homeowners with home improvement services. Originally known as Angie’s List, the company rebranded in 2021 and is backed by more than 20 years of experience, information and homeowner reviews.

Homeowners who are looking for professionals for home improvement jobs can find vetted companies in their area. Angi lists both interior and exterior services. You can read verified reviews from previous customers to help you choose the right professionals. You can also compare quotes, book instantly, get financing and read how-to articles.

How does Angi work?

Angi operates similarly to a search engine. You search for the services you’re looking for help with, and Angi provides you with all your local options. You can either book instantly with a company, or you can request quotes and comparison-shop. You also have access to verified ratings and reviews from other local homeowners.

Some of the popular home services offered through Angi include:

• Home cleaning
  • Handyman services
  • Window cleaning
  • Roofing

How much does Angi cost?

Angi is free to use to get quotes, research local contractors and book services. If you want more, there are membership options with extra perks:

• Angi Savings Membership: Members get unlimited access to 20% savings on more than 150 fixed-price services.
  • Angie’s List Green: Legacy members get the benefits of the Angi website, plus a digital subscription to Angi Magazine.
  • Angie’s List Silver: Legacy members get 20% off pre-priced services, plus a print and physical subscription to Angi Magazine.
  • Angie’s List Gold: Legacy members get all the benefits of the Silver membership, plus access to a Complaint Resolution Team to help if an issue arises with a company.

For information about membership costs, start by creating an account on the Angi website. You can also call or email the company for more information.

Angi FAQ

Who owns Angi?
IAC has majority ownership of Angi. IAC’s brands also include Care.com and Dotdash. IAC is based in New York City.
How do I use an Angi coupon?
If you have a promo code, you can enter it at checkout. If you’re paying the contractor directly, you will need Angi Pay on the Angi app.
Do Angi pros have to pass a background check?
Yes, Angi screens the owner or principal of each business in its network. The background check includes a criminal records search. Angi also verifies state-level licensing and requires that each business attests that it carries local licensing.
How do I cancel my Angi membership?
You can cancel a membership online through your account, or you can call Angi.
How can I list my business on Angi?
Business owners can create a free business profile on Angi. A business may be added when a customer posts a review about its work.

Is Angi legit?

Angi is a well-established company with a network of over 250,000 professionals in over 500 home improvement categories. Users can research local companies, read reviews, find pricing information and book services all in one place and at no charge. With its Happiness Guarantee, Angi promises to make things right if you aren’t satisfied with a service. If you have a home project and need a contractor, it’s easy to use Angi to get quotes from multiple prescreened companies.

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angie's List (Now Angi)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Original review: July 7, 2021

J & B contractors came to my home and did the job that I needed done. I would recommend them to anyone else. They did it with the price we agreed upon and the work went well. They did everything that I asked him to do with.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Thank you for the great feedback for J & B contractors! We're happy to hear about your experience. If you haven't done so already, feel free to leave them a review at https://www.homeadvisor.com/write-a-review, or call us at 888-811-2644 and we'd be happy to take the review over the phone. -AngiSupport

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Richard went over and above installing my driveway. He knew City of Portland code and was very reasonable on price, and quality of his work was superior. He also set 5 beams for my patio cover while he was there which was not included in bid. This company was the best contractor experience I've ever had and I have hired many contractors so I speak from experience. This contractor does more than driveways and is very experienced in his knowledge. He was always on time and his crew was fast, accurate, and timely. My driveway and patio cover are beautiful. I will hire Richard and his team on every construction job I have in the future and I know I will not have to worry about any of the details of the job, I can actually relax and leave it all up to Richard. Thanks Richard. You were delightful and trustworthy.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Deborah, Thanks so much for sharing with us your positive experience with this pro! It's great to hear that you have found a pro you can entrust your future projects with. If you haven’t done so already, feel free to leave them a review either through the app or at www.angi.com. -AngiSupport

Original review: March 30, 2021

Had superior products ext. do vinyl siding, front door, and shutters for us. They did a fabulous job. They were professional. Did job on time, cleaned everything up. They followed all COVID restrictions did an overall great job. Recommend to everyone!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Manny Appliance Repair came out to repair my refrigerator. I called on Sunday and they were out early Monday morning. I am a Senior Citizen - two technicians and they were very helpful. "Step away, we've got this." Nothing for me to do - Fan motor needs to be replaced - Ordered and will be back tomorrow to replace. Thank you Angie's List. Could not be more satisfied.

Original review: July 17, 2021

I have attempted 5 times to reach my representative without a response. Each time I leave a message, I am assured I will receive a return phone call but nothing. I am very dissatisfied with Angi and the poor service I receive from them. I have complained multiple times regarding a false review and they do nothing about it. The method of receiving referrals have changed since they merged with Home Advisor. The consumer must go through several steps to find a pro and it is time consuming and frustrating not being able to just go to a list and make my own selection. In addition, 90% of the leads I receive from Angi are not applicable to my company. The new Angi is a waste of money and is not worth it. Stay away.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Johm, Thank you for your review. We apologize that your experience has been anything but positive. We've passed this along to your Client Success Manager and he will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns and further assist you. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 16, 2021

Updated on 07/22/2021: Well now it has been a week and I got an email from the next person up claiming that he has took over my account and to reach out to him for ideas they have to promote my company better. Like I don't know what they don't understand about I don't want any of their services at all and I want my money back. I have not seen one customer from them, well let me rephrase that I have seen a few customers looking for wooden fence repair.... I am an Iron Company WTF... So now it has been another week. No one will answer the phone or call me back. I only get emails from them offering to promote me but they can't even do that.

I don't want nothing to do with the company and I want all my money back as they breach our agreement and can't even do their job right. Oh yea and even though I have sent like 5 emails not to cancel my account they still charge me diligently on the 30th of the month. That's about the only thing they are diligent about is taking your money and providing NOTHING for it!!!!

Original Review: Well to start out they had my company categorized my company under the wrong topic, I was wondering why I was getting a lot of wooden fence repair calls when I am in the ornament wrought iron building business. That was because they put me under the wrong category and when they said they would refund the previous months subscription; I had send an email asking them to cancel my subscription. Well here I am 2 months later still paying for this subscription and I can't get anyone on the phone nor will anyone email me back. I wish I could give this company like -25 stars. This is the worst advertising company I have ever dealt with. DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THEM!!!

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you've had this experience with your advertising so far. We've reached out to your Client Success manager to address this matter further, and he will be reaching out to you shortly. Please reach out to us at 888-819-2644 if we can be of any further assistance. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 15, 2021

Project: Replace torn screens on two sliding frames.

1. Project request was submitted and pre-paid online.
    2. Contractor appears on appointed day who is a subcontractor to Angi.
    3. Informed that it’s the customer’s responsibility to provide the required materials.
    4. Angi is pre-paid $234.00 for the project.
    5. Subcontractor to be paid $105.00 for the completed project.

6. Project canceled.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Kaohu, Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We apologize if any experience you had was less than positive. We'd be happy to further address any questions or concerns you have. Feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team at homeowner@angi.com or you can give us a call at 888-811-2644. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 9, 2021

We have used the old Angie's List before and were very happy with it. The recent experience has been unimaginably horrific. Not only we have not got any replies for our request, instead we are continuously getting very suspicious calls referring to our request and asking a lot of personal sensitive information. Our attempts to understand who are those people, how they got our phone number and how they possibly assist to our needs they mumble something incomprehensible and hang. We have sneaking suspicion that the new Angie's is in a new line of business namely trading personal information of their clients. One has to be very careful with them. It seems to us that the positive references have been orchestrated to lure people as we hear the same story about them left and right.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

We apologize if your experience was anything less than positive. Our outbound Customer Care team may reach out to homeowners when a project request is submitted, but received no responses from pros, in order to assist with finding a pro for your project. Please reach out to us at homeowner@angi.com or give us a call at 888-811-2644 and we'd be happy to further address any questions or concerns. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 8, 2021

I have been a contractor with HomeAdvisor for a very long time. Other than a couple 5-10 minutes phone calls with them a year all was wonderful. Angi took over within last couple months. I’ve had to call in over 50 times spent over 12 hours on the phone with Angi during this time. They accepted a 3500$ payment from my client (on my behalf) and lost it. My client hasn’t been refunded and I haven’t been paid. They won’t answer or return my calls. Angi DESTROYED A GREAT COMPANY.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Steve, We are very sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your advertising. We are here to help and we'd be more than happy to address this matter further. Please reach out to our Business Center at 877-947-3639 so that we may assist you. -AngiSupport

Original review: July 8, 2021

Angie's List is a company that rips off small businesses by bullying them into deceptive Agreements! They harassed us into “giving them a trying” and promised that they would send us leads. We haven’t received anything. To make matter worse, they won’t let us out of the Agreement without paying $3,000.

Angie's List (Now Angi) response

Hi Tamara, Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry that you had this experience. Please refer to our response we sent you on the BBB website for additional information and resources. -AngiSupport

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information