2.03/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

AngiesList.com

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

AngiesList.com Reviews

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

She is the Best! Neide has been cleaning for me, and other family and friends for several years. She is Honest and completely Trustworthy. I have even given her the key to my home, something I would never consider doing with other service providers. She works quickly and is extremely thorough. I have had other house cleaners but they do not compare or come close to Neide's thoroughness. Neide **'s Professionalism and Expertise are unmatched. She is kind and compassionate with her elderly clients. My 90+ yr. old mother, who was stricken with Alzheimer's disease, loved to talk with her and looked forward to her coming to the house to clean. Neide always took time to be kind and caring but completed her work quietly and quickly. When She finishes, the house sparkles. She is also very careful to use the proper cleaner for the job. Something I found lacking in other cleaners.

I have recommended her many times to friends and family and they are so pleased with her work; they send Me! a "thank you" note. PS. My stainless steel appliances were difficult to maintain. Neide not only cleans and polishes them to their original glow, but they stay fingerprint and streak free. All I can say is Neide is FANTASTIC!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I'm an inground pool owner. My story involves 2 contractors... Bob, owner of Prestige Pools and Oscar, owner of Oscar's Pool Service. In 2017 Bob's company was hired to re-marcite and correct my pool's walls and floor finish which felt more like 60-grit sandpaper. Bob's company subbed out the corrective re-marcite work... which also failed by startup of the 2018 season. Bob and his company (Prestige Pools) stepped up and contracted to have this faulty Marcite app corrected. 2019 is where Oscar's Pool Service comes in. I could not be more pleased with Oscar and his crew. To a man they were professional, knowledgeable, courteous and methodical in their approach to correcting my pool's faulty finish. In closing, I would strongly recommend both companies. They both are stand-up ethical business entities that operate with a sense of fairness and integrity doing their work as though they were doing it for themselves.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 18, 2019

I recently had my backyard updated. The cement was cracking and was not very safe to walk on. My neighbor had her backyard repaved and she turned me onto 3D Brick Paving. So I called them. They came out and showed us some different types of pavers we could have. Well we were happy with what we saw. So we hired them. I was not disappointed. On a scale of 1 to 10 I gave them a 20. Their people that did the work treated my yard as if it were their own. Made sure everything was what I expect before they left. I also think that the price was well worth the final product I received. I couldn't say enough about them. I now have my new backyard. It is so beautiful. I am retired now and I tell everyone I have my new retirement backyard. My husband and I could not be happier. I would recommend them highly.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Cornelius ** of Smiling Windows R Us got to my home ready to work hard and do a good job. He was prompt, well-organized, friendly and willing to do whatever I wanted him to. He got my many windows ready, cleaned them the way I wanted, then cleaned and put my screens back on and they were perfectly clean, bright and shiny again like I wanted. He then began the second job I wanted which was to do a "soft" outside house brick power water cleaning. He used a very mild chemical and it was cleaned perfectly in only a few minutes from greenish black to off-white again. He was polite and listened to and did exactly what I wanted very well and promptly. The price was also very reasonable for the amount of time and work. I intend to use his business again for these and other things that they do: like gutter cleaning. I would highly recommend their services to anyone with no reservations. J.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Mold First Responders recommendation: After having been ill with lung problems for over a year and having had tests done, a specialist said I was exposed to mold. I did not see or smell it but it was there in my kitchen ceiling for a number of years after the tenant above me flooded her kitchen with water from the heating system. First, I had mold testing done by an independent company to confirm the mold. Mold First Responders was the first name on the list their clients had great success with. I phoned Mold First Responders and a person actually answered the phone and explained in detail what they do. I was able to arrange a very early morning appointment for my convenience and Luis and his coworker arrived at exactly the time designated.

They set up their equipment, very carefully covered my floors, rugs, furniture, packed boxes and doorways with protective materials and then came back to remove the mold from the ceiling and walls with microbial cleaner/scrubber. They continued to monitor the rooms for 3 additional days to ensure all the mold spores were removed. I received very detailed information over the phone as to the process they would use and when Luis came, he gave me verbal details of what would be done. I received a comprehensive written estimate with every item listed that would be used during the process. There were no surprises or hidden costs at the end. What was quoted was what I paid.

The men were polite and respectful and true to their word. They showed each day at the time agreed upon and left my home in spotless condition. They deliver what they promise – they do it right and do it once. I rehired the original company to retest the work done and now have a house that’s safe to live in and could be sold without issue. I also had them demo the ceiling in the bathroom where they removed seven bags of plaster, wood and debris. All ceiling plaster, wall plaster and pine paneling was removed from my property before they left. My home is now safe for me to live in. Thanks to Mold First Responders. I give my highest recommendation to this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AngiesList.com?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

So, I have been with Angie's List for 7 years. But now I am done. They have been bought out by Home Advisor, and now they are giving Angie's list leads to the home advisor contractors..most are not on Angie's list. A contractor pays a set rate a year to be on Angie's list. Home advisor sends your job to 3 or more contractors, all of them are charged a fee for that lead. It is sad to see what used to be a great thing for consumers turned into a greedy non caring company. If you are a contractor, stay away. It is now a pay to play, the more you pay the more, supposedly the more leads you will get. It's bull.

If you're a homeowner thinking of using Angie's list or home advisor, use Next door or Google instead. The contractors that your going to get now, i would not want in my house. Currently Angie's list has a one star rating on the Better Business Website, and this is copied off the Better Business website, or BBB.. Alert. See What BBB Reports On Pattern of Complaint. BBB files indicate that HomeAdvisor has a pattern of complaints concerning Product Issues, Refund Issues, Billing Issues, and Customer Service Issues. On July 26th, 2019, BBB submitted a written request to the company encouraging them to address the pattern of complaints. As of September 19th, 2019, HomeAdvisor is working directly with BBB to reach an amicable resolution to this pattern.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Horrible customer service. I called in to find out when my contract expired because it seemed like I had been paying for more than a year. Come to find out, I was auto-enrolled into a new year without my knowledge. Looks like my option is to pay them through June 2020, or pay them to get out of my contract. What a load of crap!!!! They were completely unapologetic and tried to tell me how many leads I was getting.... Well, I sure know how many jobs I was getting. I get way more work and free recommendations on Next Door. NEVER AGAIN!!!! Companies should not be able to SLAM you into another year's contract without verbal consent at the beginning of the renewal.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

We selected this electrician (KV Electric) based on an Angie's List recommendation. Nice person but missed the first appointment (Saturday) and after our reminder showed on Sunday. After questioning why Kenneth wasn't writing anything we needed done for his estimate (he has a good memory?) we gave him a list of one larger project (rewire for downdraft oven) and several smaller projects. Kenneth left and we did not hear from him again until we reminded him we needed the estimate. He then sent a fair estimate and we asked if we could arrange to do the larger project first and then follow up with the remaining smaller ones since the smaller projects required purchasing replacement lights, etc.

We were already behind and wanted to move forward. Kenneth agreed but did not get back to us for a few weeks. I reminded him and he emailed me at 9pm about an opening he had the next day between 930a-10a. "Sure, let's take the day off and get the work done since he is finally available." He sent his father (Partner?) who did nothing but complain about why did his son send him here by himself to do a 2 man job? And after speaking with his son, the father told me he couldn't do the job but he had disconnected the appliance (oven), I should order my new oven and that they would be back. I told him to reconnect my oven since parts still worked and haven't heard from them since.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

We hired handy.com. Phone number is 631 213 3773..we hired them through Angie's list. They did not show up to clean. They took 114.00 from our bank account and they were going to take another 400.00 out of our account. I had to end my debit card in order to stop them from taking more money from our account. My girlfriend called them and I recorded the middle to the end of the conversation. The conversation was unbelievable. We've never been so disrespected in our whole lives but these men, they were recording the call until halfway through, you can hear them stop the recording, they said we called them the n word, which we never did, called us redneck hillbillies, computer illiterate and they were VERY disrespectful..!!

We are taking further action against these people and if anyone knows a lawyer who can help us would be greatly appreciated. My email address is, **..if you want or need to hear the conservation I will email it to you. I CANNOT believe what we've been through and will NOT NEVER use Angie's List again and I hope anyone who reads my review does not have to go through what we've went through. If you are a lawyer that is reading this review and want to help, please message me at my Yahoo acct and leave me a way to contact you. Will be GREATLY appreciated..NOBODY deserves to be treated in a way that these men treated us and they need to be stopped..please help us..

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Angie’s list is a scam and allow me to explain why it’s a scam. I’m speaking from the position of a service provider that has advertised with Angie's List and not a consumer who is looking for services. Angie’s List wants your money and providing you with quality referrals are last on their list. Angie’s List is a “Zero accountability” company in that everything is the customers fault and they are responsible for nothing when in fact they are responsible for everything.

In August of 2019 I entered a contract with Angie’s list to advertise for my business. It was the minimum of $300.00 per month for 1 year and a total of $3,600.00. They rushed me through the process not giving me adequate time to get my reviews posted. Then some of my customer posted reviews for me online but some flaw in Angie's list system prevented those reviews from being posted to my profile. Ok that’s no big deal right? As long as calls are coming in I will manage this situation.

So I made the $300.00 payments for August and September and over the course of those 2 months I received a total of 8 forms of contact. Not exactly good when you compared the amount of money I was paying. To make matters worse 5 of those 8 forms of contact were WRONG NUMBERS!!! Yes you read that correctly. I was receiving calls for other businesses on my phone number that I have had for 20 years. I contacted my representative and it was at that point I learned that the number displayed on my ad was not my phone number but rather a number created by Angie’s list that was part of a “relay service”.

Angie’s list uses a relay service to control the calls that come in for service providers. This was never disclosed to me when they were trying to sign me up for services. If they had ever said “Oh by the way….your phone number won’t be displayed on the ad and instead we post some bogus number that’s part of a relay system so we can fully control how many calls you get” I would have never entered into any agreement with Angie’s list had I known of this.

As we entered October of 2019 I was not getting any calls at all and of the 2 legitimate calls I received (2 calls, 1 email) I closed on one deal that yielded a meager $300.00. In the 2nd week of October 2019 I received yet another wrong number coming from Angie’s list (This was the last of the 8 contacts) and I abruptly cancelled the contract. I spoke to my representative and no accountability was taken by Angie’s list and in fact they tried to blame me for the wrong numbers!! Even though they are aware of the use of the relay service they still tried to place the blame on me and that somehow MY NUMBER was associated with some other service??? They also informed me that I would still be responsible for 35% of the remaining contract since I was cancelling early.

Upon entering November 2019 I was able to close on the 2nd contact received in late September. That job yielded $3,000.00. At this time Angie’s list is threatening to send me to collections for the sum of $1,200.00 for the 35% of the remaining contract following my cancellation. They take no accountability for hiding valuable information involving my ad (I.E My phone number not being displayed) and refuse to admit that they breached this contract when I was receiving wrong numbers from consumers seeking service providers. This raises the question of “If I’m receiving wrong numbers from people looking for other service providers then how many people called on my ad and were also relayed to wrong service providers??”. It’s a fair and legitimate question.

Angie’s list is now taking the position of “Big business” and trying to bully the little guy (Me) and care nothing about the horrible service received or the very obvious fact that they breached the agreement and hid very important information from me that would have prevented me from doing business with them in the first place. DO NOT do business with these people!! Do business with people that are accountable and not just trying to steal your money and giving horrible service in return.

AngiesList.com Company Information