AngiesList.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

These people care nothing about their product or their profit and lie and say whatever they want, to money from you at all costs. In August, I called Angie's List about doing some marketing. The sales rep told me that the cost was $398, for the year. I thought that might not get me much, maybe move my company up a few spots, maybe bottom of first page, I thought, and I'd be happy with that. We don't need too many new lead, we are mostly referral based. So the rep walked me through the application. Never once did she mention a contract or that this actually $4000! I honestly didn't see that in there either. I trusted that she would tell me that would be the case. I've worked in sales before. You could get fired from the companies I worked at if you did not tell the customer the actual price.

A few weeks later an Advertising rep called me, asked how it was going. I said no one has called me. I am thinking to myself, its because I didn't pay very much. He says okay and thats the end of that. About a month later he calls me again, asking how its going. I tell him no leads. He says okay, and thats the end. 3 months go by, I had paid this on a credit card, which I don't use really, just trying to pay it off, for Christmas, so I don't check the statements too often. It was time to reconcile this credit card, and its completely maxed out! See all the charges from Angie's List, so I call them and tell them I was not aware this was a monthly charge and to cancel my account.

They agree to cancel my account. The very next day they charge my card is charged AGAIN. So I call back, they won't tell me anything, then my "advertising specialist" calls me and tells me I signed up for this $4000 plan! It took me about 20 minutes to find the contract area where it says I'm signing up for $4000 in marketing, very bottom, not even one of the esign pages, total deception by confusion. I would log onto my angie's list account every now and then and there is a section that says "statements". I thought that it was odd that my payment was never on there, because I wanted to enter the first payment into my books and I never received any kind of confirmation number. I am wondering if that is part of the scam too, since most of the places I have complained to asked for an order number, which I cannot provide, places won't be able to find my order.

I am livid. I tell him I want to cancel. He says that is going to be another $1000 to cancel. I don't mind paying for advertising, we give google a lot of money, because I gain good leads from them and lots. I ask him "where is the value in what I'm paying for? No one calls me from this site EVER". He said in the last 3 month I have received 4 calls, 2 being the same number. So I search my records, yes we did do one job. The job was $100, for cable install, which we do but not something we advertise or specialize in. So I paid $1200 to make $100. The leads are garbage. Once someone messaged me, about a little small job and then totally flaked last minute, leaving me to scramble to find something for our employees to do, which cost me way more.

The reason I am writing this is because they say they hire honest contractors, thats one of their advertisements, I contracted them to do marketing for me and they failed to deliver. Another thing they say is that if you aren't happy with your contractor you don't have to pay. Well, I'm not satisfied in being mislead and false promises and they are charging me $4000 anyway. They say they have even more leads and better ones. Total lie! This company should be sued. They took not only from my company, but my family, they maxed the card I was going to buy my kids Christmas presents with. I have also noticed lots of complaints and am wondering if anyone has tried to sue them over false claims of quality leads and being mislead? Thank you taking the time to read this.

I started a new business this year. A small one person service business. I joined Angie's List and very quickly received a call promoting their advertising program. Promises were made about what I kind of results I could expect. Based on that I agreed to advertise. I even had customers who offered to submit reviews to help speed things along. A month goes by and not a single call. The bill for month two comes out of my account and I call to discuss the lack of response to my advertising. Not feeling good about the results I decided to cancel. I will develop my customer base the old fashioned way. Face to face. That is when I'm told I will pay a 30% cancellation fee. Today, $390 came out of my account without warning costing me an overdraft charge. So I have now received nothing from Angie's List but I have paid them $500 for NOTHING! To me that's stealing. I can't recommend Angie's List.

I bought an Angie's List "Big Deal". So far, so good. I attempted to reach the vendor a few times. After several calls (FROM me) Carlos answered. We arranged to get my 4 hours of handyman work done the next week. Next week came, no service. I called a few more times, Carlos answered again. He said his van had broken down, and he was in a loaner now and would come out in 3 days. 4 days later, I was calling again... this time, he had been sick. Asked if he could come the following week? I said "OK, I really wasn't in a hurry, just wanted the work done." The next week, Hurricane Matthew showed up. Nothing to be done about that. I called and called after the storm, and it took over a week to get an answer. He said he was swamped and couldn't get to his calendar right now.

So, here's the problem. I did everything I could do to get this service performed. I was patient, and understanding of the vendor's stated problems. But when I called Angie's List, the rep (Matthew) was rude, indifferent, and quickly told me I was outside the 30-day refund option. How's that? I scheduled the service 4 times and spoke to this fellow at least 6 times during the past 8 weeks. This person should never be answering a customer service line, I don't need attitude after being taken advantage of! I've been a member for a long time. This is the end of my interest in dealing with Angie's List, they have now stolen $139 from me, and I will be posting negative reviews about them everywhere I can.

At the time of writing this review, I have been advertising with Angie's list for almost 4 years. For nearly the entire 4 years, they were my sole source of revenue, and it worked out great. I was making thousands of dollars a month (Which was great because I lost my day job during this time) and I was expanding my business. Christmas of 2014 was my best season to date... grossed $20,000 in less than a month. Things were looking great.

Fast forward to October of 2015, when I decided to move out of state with my wife to try and take advantage of a lower cost of living... then it all went downhill. I went through something like 5 account reps in 18 months, 4 of them really in about 3 months... no one knew my situation, my business tanked (That's what I get for actually expecting the company to do what I am paying them to do). I hemorrhaged money.

We decided to move back to our original location in February of 2016. Fine. We move back, things slowly start to pick up. I call to setup the same situation that led to my greatest success to date with them, Christmas of 2014. I quickly got my feelings hurt. Apparently, the $300 a month I am paying for advertising isn't enough, and now the deal that I was paying 16% on now requires 40% of my earnings to go to them. On top of that, apparently the quality of the providers is questionable at best as now you have guys who are doing what I do (Low Voltage, TV Mountings, etc) for $99, minus 40% to Angie's list, minus $20 or so for a mount...$40 for a job. I can't leave my house for that.

I also came to find out that they would negotiate the rate with me, but that their "Scheduler" (News to me) will choose what the best deal is to the members as well as where they make the most money, and that it is likely I wouldn't get much revenue from it. They started off great, phenomenal even, but they have their hands in too many pots now and it's making it difficult to do business with them. My revenues in this line of work are down across the board (I started a 2nd business which luckily for me is doing reasonably well because I was sitting around too much, thanks/no thanks to Angie's List) and I am honestly thinking this might be the final year I advertise with them.

We shall see, but they need to get their stuff together, figure out how to take care of the contractors as well as the members, because we pay a whole lot more than the members do. I read someone questioned if the reviews were real... every single review on my page is someone I have worked with, if that helps. Used to love Angie's... now I'm looking for a way out.

I spoke with Shelby from Angie's List. They say they were gonna take $360 a month from my account but they lie to me. Angie's List helped themselves with 4000 dollars out of my account without my consent. If you are a business owner stay away from Angie's list. They will steal your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AngiesList.com?

I have been a contractor for over 15 years with stellar reviews and high recommendations. 80% of all our work comes from word of mouth but we do have some advertising out there that pulls the other 20%. I was contacted by Angie's List to pay for advertising which we never had in the past and still had the most reviews along with the highest ranking and awards to boot so why pay for a free service. Well there is no saying no to these people. I was even threaten that they would remove our spot from Angie's List if we did not enroll in this advertising plan. So with hesitation I enrolled and have been paying $500/month for what I do not know.

But when I called to speak with my rep about a negative review that had been posted about us and we never did any work for this person reviewing us he said there was nothing he could do and the review stands. He suggested we get more good reviews to bury this one bad one. I tried speaking to his boss about this and even tried speaking to someone there that gave a ** about me at all but to no avail. They could care less about me or my reviews. We are taking legal action which I hate but this company needs to crumble. They LIE and they steal!

As a small construction business owner who made the mistake of advertising with Angie's List I will warn you to say far away and save your money. After relentless daily calls and emails from Angie's List for months I unfortunately answered the phone one day and was connected to one of the advertising representatives who made Angie's List sound like the best thing since the invention of the wheel. They promised my company growth and front page visibility. Since I was trying to grow my business from a single person LLC I was reluctant to spend the $130 a month in advertising costs because as a small business there isn't a lot of funds available. I decided, pretty much not allowed to hang up until I said yes. Guerrilla marketing!

The representative promised my company revolving front page visibility, all I needed was 5 reviews. I had a couple already and she said if I sent her a contact list, Angie's List would send review requests to all my past clients. I sent her the list the next day. A few days later my account manager for my account called to go over my account and made all the same promises. So, I waited a month, nothing. Waited two months, no business. I again spoke with my account manager and he again mentioned the 5 reviews. I brought it to his attention I sent in a list of clients and Angie's List would reach out to them. This was a lie. They will not reach out to your clients as they say they will.

As far as progress growth, I received zero visits to my company website, no project leads, and no request for estimates. They kept none of their promises except the one in charging me $130 a month in advertising fees. I'm not sure how other contractors work but, if a client of mine signs a contract they expect to get what was promised to them. If parts of the contract are not completed the customer would have their money returned for that portion of the contract. Angie's List will take your money and when they don't provide what was promised in the deal, they will then bill you for additional money to get out of your contract. Signing the contract was the biggest mistake I made. Don't make the same mistake. After 8 months of $130 a month I received zero, yes, zero traffic from Angie's List, zero referrals, and zero requests for estimates. After 5 years, I cannot keep the doors open and will be forced to close my business. Thanks Angie's List!

After years of my Business being on Angie's List, with a ratings and awards given several years in a row, I was nearly forced into upgrading to pay a monthly fee or my Business would not receive "front page" location. So I did and it did nothing for my business, in fact I received less calls after I started paying to be there. When they called me to renew my contract I quickly said "no way" and that was that. However I now find they want money for canceling and they have "hidden" my profile from view. This has been over a year ago by the way. Business owners beware... DO NOT pay to have your business featured on Angie's List... They will find a way to screw you out of money and customers!!

We joined Angie's List for free and got reviews, but our name wasn't on the top of the list even though we had the most/best reviews. Our company called and then got talked into subscribing to them. We went to the top of the list alright, but 1/2 of our reviews got flagged or not posted at all! They told us it was because we were letting them post the reviews from our server and they don't allow that. I am sorry, but most of our customers don't post reviews unless you help them make it easier. They all had emails to verify who they were and did so.

I will never use a company that doesn't allow us to cater to our clients. Angie's List said to do mail in review sheets. We did 12 of those, again with none being posted! WE called again and they said that they got rid of that department! I'M DONE. I have spend too many man hours trying to get reviews posted with them. Now they are saying to do an over the phone review. YEAH OK... like I'm going to believe that one. All they want is your money and they are refusing to give me a refund. DON'T USE THEM!

W.O.W. LLC (Walk on Wood). Receiving a flyer in my door advertising resurfacing concrete was on point as I was looking for someone to do this job. I contacted Mike by phone and was able to talk with him. I shared with him what I thought needed to be done and he took time out to explain his procedure and agreed to meet with me at a specific time. He was on time and took great measures to share what needed to be done for my aging, cracked walkway with a free-no hassle estimate. Mike gave me a timeline and was true to his word. Mike was professional from the job's beginning to the ending with a pleasing personality. I have an absolutely beautiful walkway which causes my home to look magnificent. Thank you, Mike, for a splendid job well done and for the gate chore as well. (Truly grateful customer).

I am a small business owner that strives for good customer service with our without online resources. I have over 130 5 star reviews online. If people have an issue with the work that we did they contact us and then we fix it. It is simple. I don't believe that people that haven't done business with you can just leave reviews online which isn't fair or good business for anyone. I have been with Angie's List for over 7 years and for the last year it got worse. They upgraded their Business Center which caused a lot of issues for us to keep track of our clients' purchases through BigDeals and/or other deals purchased. We couldn't access this all year, and/or log in to see who is who.

When I called or emailed my account manager I was given runaround answers. They told me that anyone that would leave a bad review online that we didn't do business with would be removed. This isn't the case. There are two reviews online that are an "F" rating and they will not remove it as supposedly they had an interaction with us. I am spending $150 a month in advertising which I haven't received any clients from. I track everything using Salesforce and can see where people find me since they have to specify this in the form. I am very disappointed with everything with Angie's List as anyone can leave a review for anyone without having any repercussions.

I will not be advertising with them once my contract is up. I am going to limit my promotions within as most clients that purchase the deals are cheap and don't want to pay full price. They are the biggest pain to deal with and want something for nothing. Then they threaten to leave you a bad review if you don't comply with their demands. Some say they are happy after you do the work and then leave a bad review or a less than A review. People we haven't done business with (work on the property) leave reviews on here and get away with it. Angie's List will not fix this issue and make up excuses to why they feel they don't want to remove the reviews.

I joined Angie's List in June of 2016 and was given many promises on how they would get my agency name out there and that they would have certain KEY words in their search field on their website, so that potential clients could find MSPI. After several months of talking to Jordan ** over the phone and emailing back and forth, I have came to the conclusion that Angie's List (Jordan **) just tells you enough information and makes promises to GET more money out of you. I am will be asking the AG office here in Ohio to start an investigation into this company and will be filling a depute with my bank. They defrauded the wrong person. My taped recordings is the only thing that is going to get my money back. They will promise you the world, but just give you a stage. I am out $750.00.

Angie's List charge me $500 a month and only produced 22 jobs out of one year. It is a total rip-off. Not only do they charge the contractors but they charged the homeowners as well. Any email blast that they did for me was done wrong, the wrong areas, products dates. The homeowners scheduled appointments upon them not upon me. It is the worst service I've ever seen in my life.

I joined Angie's List about 5 years ago and it has been nothing but trouble this whole time. In the beginning it was okay, I wasn't making a lot of money off of the site but the fact that my business was being promoted I was okay with it. In the past year, I keep getting switched between the account managers and as soon as I build a relationship, I keep getting switched. I was promised a marquee placement spot in the magazine which lead me to gain their trust but when I was ready to get put in the magazine, they told me I needed 75 more reviews, along with a payment that wouldn't secure my placement in the magazine. My original manager, Kenneth **, started to gain a mocking tone when I talked to him when I told him I didn't want gutter deals anymore because the gutter deals aren't worth it, I want to do roofs.

When I tried to relay my feelings to both Kenneth and the following managers, I was always promised different things just to be told by the next manager that those things were never in reach. Angie's List started as a neighbor friendly company that would help everyday people find the work they needed done, now it seems to be a money hungry business that only cares about the size of your wallet and not the quality of your work. Now they threatened to take me off saying I owe $1700 even though I paid a payment a week ago or they will take me off of the site. After the constant arguing and the mocking tone from all the managers, I can't trust anyone from there, nor do I want to at this point in time. I have been betrayed by this company for the last time.

My recent experience is that if you looking for a company to sell you lies this is it! Run! Do homework on them. Look deeply before you get set up. The company in a whole is a joke. Only doing service with them for one month I learned very fast is that they take money not help you build. My experience in one month is enough and still with sending and explaining the same thing in emails and phone calls they still don't get no. They tried selling me as if I would change my mind. They even said how about a couple of free months. And today I get a customer from them for a service I did not consent. The nerve of this company is just sad. If you notice they have nothing really to allow reviews SIGN 1! Best bet is to change banks and do it fast before they keep charging you. Zero stars is what I would give them hands down period point blank. BEWARE if you care about the money you make to a company that can care less.

They are an unreputable company. They will cheat and lie, and not do their jobs as promised, and expect you to trust their calculations on billing matters etc., hypocrites, unethical!! AngiesList, no good, anyone paying can get a good rating, just as this company did!

I put my company on Angie's List hoping to gain new clientele. I quickly noticed that if you didn't pay them you would be seen by hardly anyone so I called to see about getting more exposure. I am a brand new business just starting out and when they told me the cost I told them I needed some time as I didn't have that kind of money for advertising on their site right now. They called two more times while I was working and I didn't call back. Today I got a very RUDE voicemail about how they were going to flag my account as I don't care enough about my business to advertise with them. They can't waste anymore time on someone like me who isn't even serious about my company and they are moving on.

There were some other things said, but you get the idea!!! Who does that?? I would NEVER advertise with them now and have even stopped using them personally...I am telling everyone I know not to use them as all they really care about is MONEY, so much so that they don't even care how bad their customer service is!!! The saddest part of all is I probably would have advertised with them when I could afford it if they had been normal human beings.

Never signed up for email list nor requested daily email from Angie's List. Have 'unsubscribed' several times and in a week Angie's list emails me again. This has been going on for 6 months. It's like a virus, Yelp won't let me complain against her. I wouldn't trust this service.

They billed my debit card unauthorized to do so. When I called them their rep defended their right to do so...Yes it's not a huge amount or anything... but it's an UNAUTHORIZED transaction and I haven't had them for years. They said I left debit card for them to use recurringly.... I did NOT do any SUCH THING. They apparently keep and file the card you use and recharge you the next year whether you authorized it or not, as I assure you YOU DID NOT AUTHORIZE the transaction.Yes they are refunding it they said.

I have been a business owner and I have been reviewed by Angie's List members since 2008. I have to say that I have acquired very good clients and I have A ratings with AL. It is my understanding that members of AL pay to get reputable reviews and the ability to find good contractors to service them, it has never been that Business owners pay to be on AL.

Throughout my years with the list, I decided in a couple occasions to pay for "advertisement", the first time I had a couple of new clients but nothing that made me want to pursue advertising again. The second time I signed up, they gave me numbers as to how many members we have in my area, how many are looking for my services, how many have searched for my line of business, they were full of promises. I signed up for 12 months $69 monthly, I have received absolutely no results. I called them a couple of months ago and I told them I was disappointed, they said non-advertisers are going to the bottom of the list and advertisers such as myself will stay on top of the list, it has been 2 months "nothing, zip, nada".

They called me today to let me know my campaign is about to expire, I told them I wasn't interested in wasting my money because I have paid close to $720 and I have not gotten any new clients. They said this new tier they are working on is going to work great for me, I told them I had heard that before and I was not happy with the results. They told me they could work around my budget and I told them I didn't mind paying $200 a month if I was getting something in return, but I wasn't willing to pay $10 for nothing. I told them I have given them 2 chances and that I was extremely disappointed and that I wanted to search for other marketing tools with other companies, they said they will follow up with me in a couple of weeks to see if I had changed my mind.

I have over 60 "A" reviews, if members are unable to find me then I am sorry but I won't spend another dollar on Angie's List. There are other avenues and I wanted to advertise to make myself more noticeable, but not to monopolize the list. Good luck to the members, as for me and other business owners, I think we will get our ball rolling outside the list.

Angie’s List sold out… My business has been in operation for over 22 years. When AL first initially offered marketing sales I paid for a years’ worth of ads with absolutely no results. My business has an impeccable reputation in our local community. Prior to advertising, I had almost 20 ratings with AL and everyone of them were an A. Since then AL calls 5 to 6 times per year soliciting for my business again. Every time they call I tell them that I advertised previously and received no results. About a month ago they tried again telling me their platform has changed and they are going free to consumers. Basically if I don’t “Pay to Play” they will remove my business listing or put me at the bottom of the list even though I have a great reputation and have been in business for over 20 years.

I then went ahead and registered as a new customer just to see if my business was still up. Lo and behold I was nowhere to be found. They pulled my business A listing down with no information or reviews on my profile. Lately I have been reading customers reviews and the quality of the referrals have been terrible. Now I know why… Reputable nonpaying businesses don’t have a chance unless you pony up. The non-reputable business that pay get pushed to the top of the list. Truly unethical! That would be ok if they stayed with their original platform listing the top rated business in the communities that individual consumers were looking for legitimate ratings. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case. You will no longer be able to find the best of the best on Angie’s List. Good Luck! You are going to need it!

Angie's List business model changes have turned a homeowner network of neighbors helping neighbors into a contractor pay-to-play business. When searching for a contractor, I noticed that the only listings that showed reviews or descriptions were the businesses that paid for placement. Those that didn't pay are relegated to the "poor mans" area without any description or review number. I am disappointed with the changes and now need to find a new service to help find reputable contractors that has at least an ounce of legitimacy. Shame on you Angie for letting this happen. Your company has come full circle by taking us back to the era before Angie's List - which was the original reason for starting the list in the first place.

As a member of Angie's List, I signed up for their promotion and what I found is following: Reaching customer service of Angie's List is completely useless. Whether it is a chat or email or telephone. They never follow up with you. The contractor who was supposed to provide the service never rendered the service. Why? I asked for the insurance info. The painter didn't have the insurance. I was provided w/ auto insurance which is completely useless if someone is doing the work. I reported on Angie's List the review which was critical of the painter and Angie's List to list them in the promotion (they still do it today - 8/26), the website never published my review.

I decided to sign up for the "free service" element of Angie's List to check reviews and see if the service was beneficial. I was never a paying member and glad I never took that step. I was looking for an asphalt contractor to replace our aging driveway. What I got when trying to read reviews was interesting. A contractor, listed favorably on other free sites, but, listed in their database could not be reviewed. It kept pushing me to 3 contractors that were rated A by their service. My research had identified that the 3 listed had some issues (via other sites) and I was frustrated not being able to review the contractor that had provided a quote.

When I spoke to the contractor about checking reviews, he told me he stopped being a "paying" member to Angie's due to excessive fees. In my opinion, it supports that Angie's will push paying contractors to the top of the list, and nonpaying or limited payees are pushed to the back of the list. This action by the site totally defeats the purpose of intent for consumers to find the "best" rated or more favorable contractors for a service. I use other free, unbiased sites like BBB, Yelp, etc to find feedback and could learn much more about a contractor than I could attempting to use Angie's List.

Another point that bothered me, was the start of emails that if I upgraded my service to "pay" level, I would have more benefits and information available to me. Obviously, that was not going to happen. I have tried to "unsubscribe" to the service, and it ignores my request. I was receiving numerous emails per week regarding service discounts, programs, etc. to the point of being annoying as spam. My option for now was to "block" their address and dump into spam and delete as received. When asked, I let people know in my network, even "free" is not a benefit and avoid this service. It has no current value to consumers looking for honest and fair service providers. I decided to make a post here to also help folks, with understanding from my limited experience with them, how it works, or doesn't, in this case.

I am the top rated handyman business on angie's and have been for many many years but I won't pay to advertise so they are going to bump me down to the bottom and list bad companies ahead of me because they will pay. What was a good company with a good idea now is a ripoff money hungry company that doesn't help consumers but now helps bad companies that can't get by on word of mouth good work! Angie's is the biggest fraud consumer ripoff out there!

Paid for a membership, found an electrician - had cable rerouted. After cable was rerouted, there was a problem with a shower leaking. I did not put two and two together that the shower leaking into the ceiling was a result of the cable rerouting. Had tiles removed from floor of shower to view the shower pan and it was determined that the cable was going right through the shower liner. Angie's List would not allow the bad review of their electrician. I never used nor trusted Angie's List after that experience. My advice is to stay away.

I need a roofer badly due to raining weather and leaking roof. I paid PayPal for silver member on 8/11/2016. I had problem signing in. Send email to memberservices@angieslist.com. My email said it was undeliverable to recipient. I asked friend and finally found a roofer. I filed a dispute with PayPal. PayPal told me to contact Angie's list. It was in vain. PayPal is not that good for the benefit of the consumer either. I send a total of 4 emails. It all came back as deliverable. I finally found their phone number to call. I told them that since there is no way that I could sign in, and request for refund. They said that they do not refund. I just have to use it for a year. So I went to website. I found it is useless. I can get better information from local Pennysaver. Please do not ever subscribe the useless services. Do not waste your money.

As a business, we get multiple calls per month to advertise with Angie's in order to put our business in the spotlight. We do not advertise our business on Angie's List. 3 top complaints: We received a negative review. I researched all the information provided in the review, I could not find the customer or address in our database. I'm not sure if someone accidentally posted to the wrong company or if someone was deliberately posting a false review. When I called A.L. to discuss, they said if they cannot reach the reviewer, they cannot remove the review. Eventually it was removed;

I saw a review that did not make sense. I spoke to our customer who wrote the review and she said A.L. contacted her and said to stay at a lower subscription price, she was required to make a certain number of reviews. So she quickly posted reviews to meet her requirements; Most recently, we received a call saying effective August 1, 2016, that our company will have minimal visibility. This is because we do not advertise with Angie's List.

The beginning purpose of the company was homeowner based, driven by homeowners that paid a fee to write a review for the sake of other homeowners. Then it was about which businesses paid for more exposure. Now, to make things even worse, non subscriber "homeowner" users can comment which opens A.L. to abuse of the ratings system by an unlimited number of false reviews.

Caliber Constructions initial visit to my home was on 6/2/16, when Caliber's sales representative Tim ** came to assess home repairs and provide me a quote for indoor/outdoor projects. During that visit Tim ** inspected my roof and informed me that he could immediately see I had severe hail damage. Tim ** assessed the damages and quoted me $12,505 for all repairs. Tim then told me I needed to call my insurance agent and advise them I had severe hail damage. I did so trusting in Caliber's expertise to identify hail damage.

I scheduled the appointment with State Farms claim agent and per Tim's request invited him to attend. During the inspection Tim surprisingly did not go onto the roof with the State Farm agents. After State Farm inspected the roof, they gave Tim and I their analysis, informing us they found minimal hail damage, contrary to Tim's severe hail damage analysis. Surprisingly again, Tim did not have any comments or rebuttal to the State Farm agent findings. I was extremely shocked and horrified that I had filed a claim that resulted in findings contrary to those assessed by Caliber Construction.

Soon-after on 6/22 I was provided with an estimate by State Farm of $2600.00. I contacted Tim on 6/22 and discussed their analysis with Tim who responded by saying the amounts allotted for the work required, were too low and he would provide me a counter to their quote. Weeks went by with no response from Tim.

Due to the lack of response from Tim in June & July, my State Farm claim was closed on 7/18/16 so I reached out to the Caliber office and complained, soon after Tim called and advised that he did not agree with their analysis of minor hail damage which was contrary to his assessed damage of severe hail damage. Tim advised I should request to have State Farm re-open my claim and request a 2nd agent. I did as Tim advised and State Farm re-opened my claim on 7/19 stating they would need an additional reason to visit the site again since during their first visit Caliber Construction Tim ** did not go onto the roof nor did Caliber/Tim rebuttal any of State Farms findings during the day of their site visit.

During all this time I had also attempted to speak to the owner of Caliber Construction Leonard Murrell. It took over a month for Leonard to finally call me in late July and at that point I told him I wanted to work directly with him. He then came to my home and assessed the roof himself, offering no apologies for his salesman Tim **. Leonard completed his analysis saying the roof did have damage and he would work directly with my insurance claim agent. I signed a letter of authorization on 7/26 & sent it to my insurance co and then provided Leonard with the claim agent's contact info. Leonard assured me he'd handle the claim from there.

On 8/4 Leonard Murrell still had not contacted my insurance agent, so I followed up with him and he reassured me again that he would be following up with my insurance claim agent... On 8/12 logged into my State Farm account and found that for the 2nd time my claim had been closed by State Farm for lack of response. I now have a claim on my insurance policy record which places me at risk of a policy increase. I've lost valuable time stressing over this matter which continues to be unresolved. I recently discovered that Tim ** has his own business, Tim ** Construction and Handy-man service and to no surprise this business has a complaint filed on the BBB and one on the Rip-Off Report. I passed this information onto Leonard but I'm doubtful it mattered to him.

Crappy service. Only free now because HomeAdvisor came along with free service, and Angie's List couldn't compete. Beware even giving them your email address, because you'll get spammed forever, even after you repeatedly ask to be taken off their email list. I hate this company. Use HomeAdvisor instead.

AngiesList.com Company Profile