AngiesList.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I first joined Angie's List about 5 months ago. As a new HVAC (air conditioning) company I wanted to get across to the sales rep. I have a good client base, but I would like an advertising company that could increase my service calls by 3 to 5 calls a week. Since I only have 2 workers I couldn't handle the volume. The rep then said 3 to 5 calls wouldn't be a problem at all in such a busy service area. It's been 5 months without a single call. I asked my account manager how the sales rep fraudulently led me to believe a paid advertising contract would give my company more calls, but still no feedback.

Angie's List is a farce. They do not vet their contractors that they promote on their website. I hired a fraudulent contractor who promotes himself on Angie's List. I would never consult Angie's List again when hiring a contractor. Their website cannot be trusted. I even called and told them about the fraudulent contractor and they did nothing to remove them or even cared about the stress and trauma my family went through.

We needed home services. I signed on with Angie's List. As I always do, I then checked a well-reviewed company with the licensing board in our state. The company's license had been cancelled. There were a number of serious issues, including substandard work and some involving money. I brought this to Angie's List's attention. Nothing happened. We subsequently received several Angie's List "special offers" for this company's services. I contacted Angie's List again; again, nothing changed. Then I wrote an Angie's List review of the company, giving it an "F" rating for this reason. I submitted the review twice. It never appeared.

After a few more identical "special offers" from the company, I contacted Angie's List by chat. The agent told me that the company's owner had told them that he now had a valid license. I checked it with the state licensing board. Both companies are owned by the same individual with the same contact information. However, the company's names (and license numbers) are totally different. The owner may want to continue to use the old name simply for its "good reviews" or because it would cost him to advertise under the new name. However, to me this is deceptive and perhaps illegal. However, I have not been personally harmed by this company, so I am limiting my "complaint" to spreading my experience via this forum.

I am the owner of a small business, Greater Mass Home Improvement, LLC; I would like to share with you my frustration with the popular marketing company Angie's List. I am extremely disappointed with Angie's List, instead helping me to grow my business, this company is putting me out of business. August 2016 I checked out the Angie's List website. I reached out to them to find out how to advertise my business. I spoke with a sales representative and a client success manager several times on how they would market my business, but it wasn't until several calls later did I learn the actual cost. I was reluctant; the sales representative was persistent, even the client success manager joined back in on the conversations. After much back and forth banter the Angie's List sales representative convinced me that there was plenty of work and very little risk involved, assuring me there is more work than contractors.

They topped it off assuring me a client success manager would work with me. The cost was steep but per both the sales representative and the client success manager this amount would easily be returned to me plus more. So, I signed up for two categories of advertisements at $1,500 per month a whopping $18,000 for 1 year. Since signing up, I feel Angie's List has not lived up to their end of this bargain. To date, I've had several customer calls, emails and text to which I respond immediately, then quickly follow-up with project assessment visits and estimates. But disappointingly, I've only secured four customer contracts amounting to $7600 minus materials.

After struggling to pay three month, I reached out to my client success manager. She explains how she can help by connecting me with a special advertising group within Angie's List. They call it Big Deals. This special marketing tool will send out deal offers in behalf of my company (with deadlines) at a reduced rate, to entice any client to purchase a great deal, securing you a job. The kicker is, once the deal is locked in with the client, your company pays them a percentage of what you make on each job through the Big Deal offer. It's a double payout for Angie's List at the expense of my company. I was stunned by this. I voiced my frustration with the offer and their business practices in writing (email) but got no response by email or phone.

This is so sad. When I began with Angie's back in 2007. I didn't even know what it was all about. A client had given me a "review" on tile flooring. I am an Interior Designer. I can't remembered when but I think it was 2010 I decided to get curious about their platform. I started seeing commercials and I thought the fact that the business wasn't paying for placement and phony reviews because it was strictly driven by consumers was the best part of all! Honesty is so hard to come by. My first year with them was amazing. I received lots of traffic and I ended up setting up a "Big Deal". I gave the client 2 hours of consultation and it would lead to getting a project. It ended up be a 75/25 mix. Clients were more interested in getting as much out of me for the $99 than actually needing me to do the project.

Angie's kept all the money. Then they approached me for annual advertising and a better "placement" and more exposure in several area of surrounding Los Angeles areas. I advertised but I didn't really think it got me much more than nothing did. I was very skeptical and didn't want to sign up in 2014 but the sales pitch was great! Now Angie's is going to the FREE clients with Snapfix!! all the client need do is take a photo, submit it to Angie's and they would match them with my service!! $2000 later and not much traffic, low and behold... Snapfix is replaced with Lead Feed and I must pay for every "job fit" they give me. I had just signed up with HomeAdvisor, realized in 3 days what a scam that was, got out of Homeadvisor quick and hit the ceiling with Angie's!

They promised me all kinds of help instead but then here came a renewal again! Business had gotten good again, I had the money, they gave me another county and I was remembering the good ol days when she was doing her business for all the right reasons! Now I gotten even less. One of the come-ons was that if you were a paid advertiser, you come run ads to members for a discounted percentage. The first percentage was 3% of the advertised deal would be kept by Angie's. Then it went to 5% on Labor, 10% on Product and 15% for Consulting or Planning of a project. I found out today that it is now 25%-50% for the consulting!!! Absolutely insane!!! I guess it's time to bolt, such a shame that greed got the better of this company...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AngiesList.com?

Was talked into using Angie's List to promote our landscaping and house cleaning services. They ended up charging us $122/mo. We got a few small orders, which they take a commission on. Basically we lost big time trying to work with them. You cannot complain or reach anyone to discuss your account, other than a salesman. No one in management will talk to you, and you can't get a name. It appears that they have oversold their services, meaning they have too many vendors as opposed to members looking for service. So maybe a few vendors are getting orders from Angie's List, but most are being over charged and receiving few if any orders. Plus it is aggravating to only be allowed to speak with salesmen who have the same tired old line, "you need more reviews", "try a Big Deal". THIS IS A COMPANY TO AVOID IF YOU WANT TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS.

If you own a business who is hounded by Angie's List every other day to pay for advertising and choose not to do so, your company will still be a part of her local list, but the reviews disappear or only some show up. Most consumers would rather do business with a company that had many positive reviews. Angie's List takes that right away from you because of their greed. Also, I was on autopay membership. The credit card on file had expired in July of 2016. Instead of contacting me to update, like every other business does, they find a way around the proper way to do business. Lo and behold, in December, I get a notice from Angie's List that they renewed my yearly membership with a credit card that I had never given them, nor did they have authorization to use.

I investigated thoroughly to find out how they were able to do this and found out that 5 years ago, I had a one time membership (via a Groupon) to Angie's List that was paid through PayPal (with another credit card). AL contacted PayPal and had them put through the charge on an account from 2012. I demanded that they credit my account and they did so, but buyer beware. They are sneaky and deceptive and now that there's HomeAdvisor, no one has to pay to keep Angie living the good life.

AngiesList is frustrating as heck. They had technical issues with their website, that literally took over a year to resolve. Reviews on my business had random coding text. When a reviewer searches for a specific business type, they present a list of business in no helpful order that is relevant to the searcher. My business information was dated and listed that I offer services that I had not offered for months. I contacted Angie's multiple times by email, and phone, to state that we no longer offer such services and it took over eighteen months for them to edit our business information. All the while, we received requests for services we do not offer. If you need to edit your business services on Yelp or Google, you can do it in three minutes... and those are free review sites.

This is most unethical and immoral company out there. I wanted to search for some handymen in the region last December, so I logged in once and searched - they never told me but somehow "signed me up" for a monthly renewal of my account for $9.99. To my fault, I didn't check my credit card statements and when I checked, I found they had fleeced $10.00 every month without my consent. Is there any lawyer out here interested in filing a class action case against this crooked business?

I used to advertise with Angie's many years ago but cancelled after poor returns on my advertising investment. They kept me on some of their lists because of good reviews. They kept trying to get me to advertise over the years but I never bit. Then one day I got a letter from them stating I had to fill out these forms and sign and return them or they would put my company in their monthly mailing and put us on their site listed as their Penalty Box. I was told I could dispute it but it would not be taken down. I have threatened them with a lawsuit if they tarnish my company name. The customer gave us a time period of 3 days to reinstall a chimney cap that was installed over a year ago and blew off in the wind. The customer didn't want to wait till the weekend as we were extremely busy and hired someone else then demanded money back or said she was gonna leave a bad report on Angie's. I had no chance for rebuttal.

Got a 1-year subscription in Dec of 2014. Nothing helpful on there for me. I have changed my debit card info since then but the account just auto-renewed and it is no Dec of 2016! Went to their site to protest and to their credit they SAY they have charged back my account ($6 more than original subscription). Here's what they say about the charge on a canceled debit card: They use a third party "Account Updater"! I wouldn't have thought such a thing was legal!!! The user agreement was new in June of 2016. I'm not even sure this provision for using an "Account Updater" was on there when I signed up. This "Account Updater" has very wide-ranging implications for ANY use of credit cards!

They charge you monthly fee for advertising but actually there are no real clients behind that. They make you sign a year contract, take your money and do absolute nothing. I am on my second month paying and there is absolutely nothing. The only thing they keep me busy with is calling me to ask for more money for advertising and besides the fees they charge you for each lead. I totally regret having falling for their proposal and signed a year contract.

I have read a lot of the reviews of Angie's List and I wish I had read them before I agreed to pay for a year of advertising. The leads were so poor that I bought out my remaining contract before it was completed. This company is not interested in you, the business owner, they are interested in your money and they are trained to take it. Period.

These people care nothing about their product or their profit and lie and say whatever they want, to money from you at all costs. In August, I called Angie's List about doing some marketing. The sales rep told me that the cost was $398, for the year. I thought that might not get me much, maybe move my company up a few spots, maybe bottom of first page, I thought, and I'd be happy with that. We don't need too many new lead, we are mostly referral based. So the rep walked me through the application. Never once did she mention a contract or that this actually $4000! I honestly didn't see that in there either. I trusted that she would tell me that would be the case. I've worked in sales before. You could get fired from the companies I worked at if you did not tell the customer the actual price.

A few weeks later an Advertising rep called me, asked how it was going. I said no one has called me. I am thinking to myself, its because I didn't pay very much. He says okay and thats the end of that. About a month later he calls me again, asking how its going. I tell him no leads. He says okay, and thats the end. 3 months go by, I had paid this on a credit card, which I don't use really, just trying to pay it off, for Christmas, so I don't check the statements too often. It was time to reconcile this credit card, and its completely maxed out! See all the charges from Angie's List, so I call them and tell them I was not aware this was a monthly charge and to cancel my account.

They agree to cancel my account. The very next day they charge my card is charged AGAIN. So I call back, they won't tell me anything, then my "advertising specialist" calls me and tells me I signed up for this $4000 plan! It took me about 20 minutes to find the contract area where it says I'm signing up for $4000 in marketing, very bottom, not even one of the esign pages, total deception by confusion. I would log onto my angie's list account every now and then and there is a section that says "statements". I thought that it was odd that my payment was never on there, because I wanted to enter the first payment into my books and I never received any kind of confirmation number. I am wondering if that is part of the scam too, since most of the places I have complained to asked for an order number, which I cannot provide, places won't be able to find my order.

I am livid. I tell him I want to cancel. He says that is going to be another $1000 to cancel. I don't mind paying for advertising, we give google a lot of money, because I gain good leads from them and lots. I ask him "where is the value in what I'm paying for? No one calls me from this site EVER". He said in the last 3 month I have received 4 calls, 2 being the same number. So I search my records, yes we did do one job. The job was $100, for cable install, which we do but not something we advertise or specialize in. So I paid $1200 to make $100. The leads are garbage. Once someone messaged me, about a little small job and then totally flaked last minute, leaving me to scramble to find something for our employees to do, which cost me way more.

The reason I am writing this is because they say they hire honest contractors, thats one of their advertisements, I contracted them to do marketing for me and they failed to deliver. Another thing they say is that if you aren't happy with your contractor you don't have to pay. Well, I'm not satisfied in being mislead and false promises and they are charging me $4000 anyway. They say they have even more leads and better ones. Total lie! This company should be sued. They took not only from my company, but my family, they maxed the card I was going to buy my kids Christmas presents with. I have also noticed lots of complaints and am wondering if anyone has tried to sue them over false claims of quality leads and being mislead? Thank you taking the time to read this.

I started a new business this year. A small one person service business. I joined Angie's List and very quickly received a call promoting their advertising program. Promises were made about what I kind of results I could expect. Based on that I agreed to advertise. I even had customers who offered to submit reviews to help speed things along. A month goes by and not a single call. The bill for month two comes out of my account and I call to discuss the lack of response to my advertising. Not feeling good about the results I decided to cancel. I will develop my customer base the old fashioned way. Face to face. That is when I'm told I will pay a 30% cancellation fee. Today, $390 came out of my account without warning costing me an overdraft charge. So I have now received nothing from Angie's List but I have paid them $500 for NOTHING! To me that's stealing. I can't recommend Angie's List.

I bought an Angie's List "Big Deal". So far, so good. I attempted to reach the vendor a few times. After several calls (FROM me) Carlos answered. We arranged to get my 4 hours of handyman work done the next week. Next week came, no service. I called a few more times, Carlos answered again. He said his van had broken down, and he was in a loaner now and would come out in 3 days. 4 days later, I was calling again... this time, he had been sick. Asked if he could come the following week? I said "OK, I really wasn't in a hurry, just wanted the work done." The next week, Hurricane Matthew showed up. Nothing to be done about that. I called and called after the storm, and it took over a week to get an answer. He said he was swamped and couldn't get to his calendar right now.

So, here's the problem. I did everything I could do to get this service performed. I was patient, and understanding of the vendor's stated problems. But when I called Angie's List, the rep (Matthew) was rude, indifferent, and quickly told me I was outside the 30-day refund option. How's that? I scheduled the service 4 times and spoke to this fellow at least 6 times during the past 8 weeks. This person should never be answering a customer service line, I don't need attitude after being taken advantage of! I've been a member for a long time. This is the end of my interest in dealing with Angie's List, they have now stolen $139 from me, and I will be posting negative reviews about them everywhere I can.

At the time of writing this review, I have been advertising with Angie's list for almost 4 years. For nearly the entire 4 years, they were my sole source of revenue, and it worked out great. I was making thousands of dollars a month (Which was great because I lost my day job during this time) and I was expanding my business. Christmas of 2014 was my best season to date... grossed $20,000 in less than a month. Things were looking great.

Fast forward to October of 2015, when I decided to move out of state with my wife to try and take advantage of a lower cost of living... then it all went downhill. I went through something like 5 account reps in 18 months, 4 of them really in about 3 months... no one knew my situation, my business tanked (That's what I get for actually expecting the company to do what I am paying them to do). I hemorrhaged money.

We decided to move back to our original location in February of 2016. Fine. We move back, things slowly start to pick up. I call to setup the same situation that led to my greatest success to date with them, Christmas of 2014. I quickly got my feelings hurt. Apparently, the $300 a month I am paying for advertising isn't enough, and now the deal that I was paying 16% on now requires 40% of my earnings to go to them. On top of that, apparently the quality of the providers is questionable at best as now you have guys who are doing what I do (Low Voltage, TV Mountings, etc) for $99, minus 40% to Angie's list, minus $20 or so for a mount...$40 for a job. I can't leave my house for that.

I also came to find out that they would negotiate the rate with me, but that their "Scheduler" (News to me) will choose what the best deal is to the members as well as where they make the most money, and that it is likely I wouldn't get much revenue from it. They started off great, phenomenal even, but they have their hands in too many pots now and it's making it difficult to do business with them. My revenues in this line of work are down across the board (I started a 2nd business which luckily for me is doing reasonably well because I was sitting around too much, thanks/no thanks to Angie's List) and I am honestly thinking this might be the final year I advertise with them.

We shall see, but they need to get their stuff together, figure out how to take care of the contractors as well as the members, because we pay a whole lot more than the members do. I read someone questioned if the reviews were real... every single review on my page is someone I have worked with, if that helps. Used to love Angie's... now I'm looking for a way out.

I spoke with Shelby from Angie's List. They say they were gonna take $360 a month from my account but they lie to me. Angie's List helped themselves with 4000 dollars out of my account without my consent. If you are a business owner stay away from Angie's list. They will steal your money.

I have been a contractor for over 15 years with stellar reviews and high recommendations. 80% of all our work comes from word of mouth but we do have some advertising out there that pulls the other 20%. I was contacted by Angie's List to pay for advertising which we never had in the past and still had the most reviews along with the highest ranking and awards to boot so why pay for a free service. Well there is no saying no to these people. I was even threaten that they would remove our spot from Angie's List if we did not enroll in this advertising plan. So with hesitation I enrolled and have been paying $500/month for what I do not know.

But when I called to speak with my rep about a negative review that had been posted about us and we never did any work for this person reviewing us he said there was nothing he could do and the review stands. He suggested we get more good reviews to bury this one bad one. I tried speaking to his boss about this and even tried speaking to someone there that gave a ** about me at all but to no avail. They could care less about me or my reviews. We are taking legal action which I hate but this company needs to crumble. They LIE and they steal!

As a small construction business owner who made the mistake of advertising with Angie's List I will warn you to say far away and save your money. After relentless daily calls and emails from Angie's List for months I unfortunately answered the phone one day and was connected to one of the advertising representatives who made Angie's List sound like the best thing since the invention of the wheel. They promised my company growth and front page visibility. Since I was trying to grow my business from a single person LLC I was reluctant to spend the $130 a month in advertising costs because as a small business there isn't a lot of funds available. I decided, pretty much not allowed to hang up until I said yes. Guerrilla marketing!

The representative promised my company revolving front page visibility, all I needed was 5 reviews. I had a couple already and she said if I sent her a contact list, Angie's List would send review requests to all my past clients. I sent her the list the next day. A few days later my account manager for my account called to go over my account and made all the same promises. So, I waited a month, nothing. Waited two months, no business. I again spoke with my account manager and he again mentioned the 5 reviews. I brought it to his attention I sent in a list of clients and Angie's List would reach out to them. This was a lie. They will not reach out to your clients as they say they will.

As far as progress growth, I received zero visits to my company website, no project leads, and no request for estimates. They kept none of their promises except the one in charging me $130 a month in advertising fees. I'm not sure how other contractors work but, if a client of mine signs a contract they expect to get what was promised to them. If parts of the contract are not completed the customer would have their money returned for that portion of the contract. Angie's List will take your money and when they don't provide what was promised in the deal, they will then bill you for additional money to get out of your contract. Signing the contract was the biggest mistake I made. Don't make the same mistake. After 8 months of $130 a month I received zero, yes, zero traffic from Angie's List, zero referrals, and zero requests for estimates. After 5 years, I cannot keep the doors open and will be forced to close my business. Thanks Angie's List!

After years of my Business being on Angie's List, with a ratings and awards given several years in a row, I was nearly forced into upgrading to pay a monthly fee or my Business would not receive "front page" location. So I did and it did nothing for my business, in fact I received less calls after I started paying to be there. When they called me to renew my contract I quickly said "no way" and that was that. However I now find they want money for canceling and they have "hidden" my profile from view. This has been over a year ago by the way. Business owners beware... DO NOT pay to have your business featured on Angie's List... They will find a way to screw you out of money and customers!!

We joined Angie's List for free and got reviews, but our name wasn't on the top of the list even though we had the most/best reviews. Our company called and then got talked into subscribing to them. We went to the top of the list alright, but 1/2 of our reviews got flagged or not posted at all! They told us it was because we were letting them post the reviews from our server and they don't allow that. I am sorry, but most of our customers don't post reviews unless you help them make it easier. They all had emails to verify who they were and did so.

I will never use a company that doesn't allow us to cater to our clients. Angie's List said to do mail in review sheets. We did 12 of those, again with none being posted! WE called again and they said that they got rid of that department! I'M DONE. I have spend too many man hours trying to get reviews posted with them. Now they are saying to do an over the phone review. YEAH OK... like I'm going to believe that one. All they want is your money and they are refusing to give me a refund. DON'T USE THEM!

W.O.W. LLC (Walk on Wood). Receiving a flyer in my door advertising resurfacing concrete was on point as I was looking for someone to do this job. I contacted Mike by phone and was able to talk with him. I shared with him what I thought needed to be done and he took time out to explain his procedure and agreed to meet with me at a specific time. He was on time and took great measures to share what needed to be done for my aging, cracked walkway with a free-no hassle estimate. Mike gave me a timeline and was true to his word. Mike was professional from the job's beginning to the ending with a pleasing personality. I have an absolutely beautiful walkway which causes my home to look magnificent. Thank you, Mike, for a splendid job well done and for the gate chore as well. (Truly grateful customer).

I am a small business owner that strives for good customer service with our without online resources. I have over 130 5 star reviews online. If people have an issue with the work that we did they contact us and then we fix it. It is simple. I don't believe that people that haven't done business with you can just leave reviews online which isn't fair or good business for anyone. I have been with Angie's List for over 7 years and for the last year it got worse. They upgraded their Business Center which caused a lot of issues for us to keep track of our clients' purchases through BigDeals and/or other deals purchased. We couldn't access this all year, and/or log in to see who is who.

When I called or emailed my account manager I was given runaround answers. They told me that anyone that would leave a bad review online that we didn't do business with would be removed. This isn't the case. There are two reviews online that are an "F" rating and they will not remove it as supposedly they had an interaction with us. I am spending $150 a month in advertising which I haven't received any clients from. I track everything using Salesforce and can see where people find me since they have to specify this in the form. I am very disappointed with everything with Angie's List as anyone can leave a review for anyone without having any repercussions.

I will not be advertising with them once my contract is up. I am going to limit my promotions within as most clients that purchase the deals are cheap and don't want to pay full price. They are the biggest pain to deal with and want something for nothing. Then they threaten to leave you a bad review if you don't comply with their demands. Some say they are happy after you do the work and then leave a bad review or a less than A review. People we haven't done business with (work on the property) leave reviews on here and get away with it. Angie's List will not fix this issue and make up excuses to why they feel they don't want to remove the reviews.

I joined Angie's List in June of 2016 and was given many promises on how they would get my agency name out there and that they would have certain KEY words in their search field on their website, so that potential clients could find MSPI. After several months of talking to Jordan ** over the phone and emailing back and forth, I have came to the conclusion that Angie's List (Jordan **) just tells you enough information and makes promises to GET more money out of you. I am will be asking the AG office here in Ohio to start an investigation into this company and will be filling a depute with my bank. They defrauded the wrong person. My taped recordings is the only thing that is going to get my money back. They will promise you the world, but just give you a stage. I am out $750.00.

Angie's List charge me $500 a month and only produced 22 jobs out of one year. It is a total rip-off. Not only do they charge the contractors but they charged the homeowners as well. Any email blast that they did for me was done wrong, the wrong areas, products dates. The homeowners scheduled appointments upon them not upon me. It is the worst service I've ever seen in my life.

I joined Angie's List about 5 years ago and it has been nothing but trouble this whole time. In the beginning it was okay, I wasn't making a lot of money off of the site but the fact that my business was being promoted I was okay with it. In the past year, I keep getting switched between the account managers and as soon as I build a relationship, I keep getting switched. I was promised a marquee placement spot in the magazine which lead me to gain their trust but when I was ready to get put in the magazine, they told me I needed 75 more reviews, along with a payment that wouldn't secure my placement in the magazine. My original manager, Kenneth **, started to gain a mocking tone when I talked to him when I told him I didn't want gutter deals anymore because the gutter deals aren't worth it, I want to do roofs.

When I tried to relay my feelings to both Kenneth and the following managers, I was always promised different things just to be told by the next manager that those things were never in reach. Angie's List started as a neighbor friendly company that would help everyday people find the work they needed done, now it seems to be a money hungry business that only cares about the size of your wallet and not the quality of your work. Now they threatened to take me off saying I owe $1700 even though I paid a payment a week ago or they will take me off of the site. After the constant arguing and the mocking tone from all the managers, I can't trust anyone from there, nor do I want to at this point in time. I have been betrayed by this company for the last time.

My recent experience is that if you looking for a company to sell you lies this is it! Run! Do homework on them. Look deeply before you get set up. The company in a whole is a joke. Only doing service with them for one month I learned very fast is that they take money not help you build. My experience in one month is enough and still with sending and explaining the same thing in emails and phone calls they still don't get no. They tried selling me as if I would change my mind. They even said how about a couple of free months. And today I get a customer from them for a service I did not consent. The nerve of this company is just sad. If you notice they have nothing really to allow reviews SIGN 1! Best bet is to change banks and do it fast before they keep charging you. Zero stars is what I would give them hands down period point blank. BEWARE if you care about the money you make to a company that can care less.

They are an unreputable company. They will cheat and lie, and not do their jobs as promised, and expect you to trust their calculations on billing matters etc., hypocrites, unethical!! AngiesList, no good, anyone paying can get a good rating, just as this company did!

I put my company on Angie's List hoping to gain new clientele. I quickly noticed that if you didn't pay them you would be seen by hardly anyone so I called to see about getting more exposure. I am a brand new business just starting out and when they told me the cost I told them I needed some time as I didn't have that kind of money for advertising on their site right now. They called two more times while I was working and I didn't call back. Today I got a very RUDE voicemail about how they were going to flag my account as I don't care enough about my business to advertise with them. They can't waste anymore time on someone like me who isn't even serious about my company and they are moving on.

There were some other things said, but you get the idea!!! Who does that?? I would NEVER advertise with them now and have even stopped using them personally...I am telling everyone I know not to use them as all they really care about is MONEY, so much so that they don't even care how bad their customer service is!!! The saddest part of all is I probably would have advertised with them when I could afford it if they had been normal human beings.

AngiesList.com Company Profile