Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5

AngiesList.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AngiesList.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AngiesList.com?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Manny Appliance Repair came out to repair my refrigerator. I called on Sunday and they were out early Monday morning. I am a Senior Citizen - two technicians and they were very helpful. "Step away, we've got this." Nothing for me to do - Fan motor needs to be replaced - Ordered and will be back tomorrow to replace. Thank you Angie's List. Could not be more satisfied.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I contracted with A and P painting in Las Vegas, NV to paint the exterior of my house. I could not be any happier with the level of service and expertise from this company! I highly recommend this painting company.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Paradise Garage Door Review. I needed to do some repairs to a garage door (8x16). I also needed to replace the opener. Josh, the service tech, called on the scheduled day to say he was on his way, and showed up early. He had everything he needed to do the job with him. We discussed what would be done and how long it would take. He answered all my questions completely and to my satisfaction, and went to work. He did a great job and actually finished early. He programmed my new remotes and walked me thru the app. He cleaned up completely. And again answered my questions. I would definitely recommend Paradise to everyone, and have say that Josh was more than competent, professional, personable, and I would also highly recommend him.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

First time to use Angie's List. Last time I will use Angie's List. Heat Pump fan was out, snow on ground, and so I filled out info on Angie's List. Since I live in mountains of rural North Carolina, thought I would get several good companies to choose from that worked in my area. Calls started coming in, even one from Vermont!! Text messages came at 3 and 4am and all day and continued for several days. Finally found a company on friend's advise. No more Angie's List for me.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Instead of asking for local recommendations VIA a Facebook group (because I didn't want to explain the situation publicly), I utilized Angie's List. I was really excited when I found a company that had good reviews, and was only a few towns down from me. I requested a quote/information from this company, or so I thought. Imagine my surprise when I start receiving MULTIPLE phone calls from places that aren't even that company in particular. Not ONE of those phone calls left a voicemail either. Instead, my phone screened those calls and I just have a transcript of what they said, but they didn't leave a voicemail. Clearly Angie's List (which has merged with HomeAdvisor so beware of them too), is selling our information. Do not use this website. Do your own research, and reach out to companies VIA their websites directly. I'm clearly going to be getting calls thanks to this for a long time.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I own a construction and remodeling company, and joined Angie's List for a year. The experience was terrible, I paid them to send me leads but instead, they sent the leads to their sister company Home Advisor (which I was a member also, not knowing that they are associated with each other) and then Home Advisor would send them to me (for a charge of course!) so, I paid double for the same lead. Their review system is awful, no investigation whatsoever, no call, etc. Anyone can go on their site and post reviews, as a matter of fact, they recommend that your friends post positive reviews so your score goes up (what???). Please if you are reading this and you are a contractor, stay away from Angie's List and save yourself the pain, trouble, and your money.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I selected refrigerator repair guy and got the WORST service ever. Jay ** with Professional Mechanical Services was very unprofessional. First trip he check my refrigerator and said yes it could be repaired. Came out a second time forgot some of the parts. Came the third time said something wrong with fan. Came the fourth time said everything was working. Refrigerator only work for a day. I wasted time, money and had to throw away food. He overcharged and I still do not have a working refrigerator. He ignored my phone calls, and text messages. And ask if I could pay him in cash. Very unprofessional and tacky. I will never used this service again and will recommend to all my friends and family members. I will be filling charges against him.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

We have been with AL for almost two years and til today, we still cannot believe that this company exists! They are the worst and most untrusting service we have ever worked with before. They do not provide support for your questions or issues when you need. They manipulate reviews and control who can leave one and who cant! They allow a bad review from a bogus client (meaning we never spoke to this person) and they also reject any reviews they want. They are the worst run service on the internet. And that goes for HomeAdvisor as well. They are both owners and run by the same company, Angi Home Services, Inc. Anyone who is considering signing with them as a service provider OR member, I highly advise against it. If you do, you will be very unhappy with them! Good luck.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

In order to use their site, you have to provide your personal contact info. Once you provide it, you get inundated with third party businesses. They will start emailing and calling you within 24 hours, whether or not you want to hear from them, and often it’s from companies that have nothing to do with your needs. There is no way to remove your information from their database once you sign up for an account on Angies List. Avoid this marketing scam of a site at all costs!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

HIS Construction out if Falconer, Ny did my roof and started on my siding and I became concerned with many areas that didn't look right or finished. Now it is going to cost me all over again to have everything replaced. There are only two guys and the owner just stands around playing his christian rap music real loud and doesn't do much. His name is Brandon.

AngiesList.com Company Information