3.6/5 (1898 ratings)

About Amazon.com

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I ordered a bike for my daughter worth almost $500. After two days of not receiving a tracking number, I started calling customer service. They assured me it will arrive on time. Now after calling the third person and getting frustrated they told me it was out of stock. Amazon keeps your money extra days in their account, this I illegal... FROM NOW ON I WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT A SMALL BUSINESS...NO MORE AMAZON FOR ME.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I ordered TRENSYGO I Love You to The Moon and Back Necklace 925 Sterling Silver Moon Star Infinity Heart necklace for my daughter-in-law from my grandkids for Christmas. I looked today and it says the item is undeliverable and was sent back to the facility. I contacted Amazon for a refund today so that I could reorder the item so that it was here for Christmas and they refuse to give me my refund today. I used Afterpay so when they issue this refund it's going to go to afterpay and not to me for me to be able to order the item again.

I have Prime and it was Amazon that was delivering the package and it was because of them that the package was undeliverable so I believe I should have been issued a refund today so that the item could be reordered. Customer service explain to me that it would take up to 14 days for me to get my money back and on the product it says 2 days so I need my money so that I can reorder my daughter-in-law something and because of Amazon she's not going to have anything for Christmas from the boys.... This is very unacceptable and I think I'm going to cancel my prime membership. Now I don't even want to use Amazon anymore because of their customer service and not being willing to help their customers get their money so that they can reorder items for their family.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

They are yet to process my refund for the items that were sent back to them! The issue has been brought this to their attention, despite them knowing about it they have are taking their sweeeet time to process, but other things right gets to them if you know what I mean!!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I ordered an item and it stated that the order did not go through. I have been customer for years. There was plenty of money in account. Ended up locked out and having to go through collection. Paid Amazon and its collection service extra money to unlock my account and the account is still locked. It’s a scam and this has been happening to many people. It’s a money making scheme which is very sad given that Amazon used to care about customers. I have then called back and deactivated my account for good. I argued for hours about my videos and those are apparently theirs as well after giving my money for each video. I ended up using a software and backed up all of my purchases onto a computer hard drive. FYI Amazon those are my videos purchased with hard earned money. I do not recommend this website. Also most products are resales from Alibaba.com. Go do the research and purchase for way cheaper directly from distributors.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Not only has my account been compromised several times but now they cannot find my account. I ordered several items a few months ago, maybe a year at most, and have been locked out of my account. I called, as they require, and they cannot find my account. Further more the only identity protection they use is an address. Additionally the manager, Santiago, was unable to transfer me to any other department. Not only is Amazon Prime more expensive then paying regular shipping but they are not keeping personal information safe nor are they using responsible business practices to ensure ethical behavior. Amazon has completely lost my business.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

They are more worried with a bad review gave a $20 credit for an inconvenience of a 6" Pacifica waterproof mattresses I ordered. I refused to cancel the order after it was confirmed shipped to be picked up no tracking number was given. 5 days after confirmation of them having my mattresses; the company emailed me of a shortage or technical problem. Was told all my emails would be ignored without tracking the refund. The company changed its name and Amazon doesn't care about customer service just a way to keep an image and steal a buck. Everything with zero reviews is probably crap everything with an abundance of good reviews is fake profiles or overpriced TikTok trend crap. They refused to fix this so I'm concerned about everyone using card info or addresses to fake companies and a company that doesn't care. Buy in person.

Resolution response: Dec. 15, 2021

Yesterday in the dark cold rainy night I couldn’t find my package from Amazon. I should’ve waited till they cool down but I wrote a nasty review. Now I found that I was wrong. I have the package. I apologize to Amazon. Please forgive me.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

Amazon sent message that my package was delivered tonight at 5:38 pm. Saw message at 6:30 pm. Unusual cold and rainy dark night. Searched everywhere, no package. Got pretty wet and cold. Called Amazon. Computer voice tells me that if it wasn't delivered tonight, I'd get it by Thursday. So they lied. And I got cold and wet looking all over in the dark for package, thinking someone stole my package and who knows what the company will say. "Tough, we delivered it. Your loss" Called rep. She says "Standard policy. We message you it was delivered and if you inquire we tell you: It will be delivered by Thursday. Can we verify your address please (in such a sweet voice) ..." Gotta go change my wet shoes and socks. Really? Really Amazon?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

Talk to 3 employees on 12/12/21. 1 was a supervisor. Refused access to my own recording of conversation of a hacker!!! Refused access to recording that has my hacker's name!!! Of hacking going on about 7 years. Complete apathy from staff. Being an accomplice to fraud!!! This is a felony!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Today, 12/12/2021, the Amazon driver once again delivered our package to the wrong house. When I called Amazon customer service to ask how I could file a formal complaint, the CSR agent would not give me any information. Not an email, form link, nothing. Why? Because I did not have the email address of the person who ordered. Never mind that I had the order number, name and physical address, I must have the email address. I gave my email that is linked to my Amazon account, but no, not good enough. Please tell me why having the sender's email account is relevant to filing a delivery complaint?

If you do research, you will see Amazon hides almost every contact number except Customer Service, whose agents are apparently trained to stonewall and block every call. I made numerous attempts to resolve this issue with Amazon, and each attempt was thwarted by agents who just kept repeating tired script. It is extremely obvious that Amazon won't listen to customer issues and I will not be using this corrupt business in the future. Please boycott Amazon!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I ordered a 2 pack of kayaks. We waited about a month for the delivery to only receive 1 kayak. The driver said the 2nd kayak must be on another truck. I started a chat with amazon.com concerning it and they said they sent only 1 kayak in error and I would have to either return that one and get a replacement 2 pack or just return the one and get a refund. When I expressed my dissatisfaction about waiting another month for my order I got disconnected from the chat. So I called and was told that I wouldn't have to return the kayak, they would just send another one and I would receive it on Jan. 4...which is 3 1/2 weeks...so fine, I just want my other kayak. So fine.

I ask the agent her name and location to get some kind of documentation because I was told one thing in the chat and another thing from a different agent. She gives me her 1st name and dept. And then disconnects the call! So I get an email with RETURN instructions and a delivery date of 1/13 which isn't what I was told and is over a month away! Instead of dealing with another customer service agent, I am going to sit tight and see how this plays out. Right now I am not satisfied that this issue has been resolved.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

Amazon is a trusted brand, fast delivery service. We have purchased many products for our Three Brothers Kitchen Restaurant and we are satisfied with all, there are very few chances of defective products on Amazon. So anyone can easily get their right things on Amazon.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I was a Prime member from 2002 until December 2021. Prior to November 2020, the service was exemplary, and I never had an issue. However, since the pandemic, I've had nothing but problems from Amazon Customer Service and delivery. Drivers have dumped packages and perishable groceries in public areas around my apartment complex, thus leading to theft of multiple residents' property and shady characters casing the area. They have also made rude, bigoted comments to people with disabilities who have issues with transporting packages from said public areas to their apartment buildings.

As for me, I have worked with Amazon Logistics and several members of the Executive Customer Service to absolutely no avail. About half of the time, the drivers have actively chosen to ignore clear directions and/or do not speak fluent English, so they refuse/cannot communicate. I've been told that it's not their problem and they have refused to assist whatsoever, even when I have caught their representatives changing the entry directions without my consent. If you live in Broomfield/Interlocken, you're better off buying from Walmart or Target. Delivery is spotty at best, and the drivers are xenophobic and rude. It's not worth $150/year.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

December 4, 2021. I bought a book from Amazon.com. They sent me a dirty book. Immediately after receiving it, I returned it to Amazon and asked for a replacement. About two or three weeks later, I received an email from Amazon. It said they charged my bank card for that book again because they hadn’t receive the returned book yet. This is clearly bad faith. Amazon is the worst! I returned the book immediately after receiving it. I am in good faith. Amazon is very, very bad! Amazon is beyond cure.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

Amazon is getting less customer oriented. Their shipping in Orlando Florida has gone to pot. I have paid for the express shipping a few times and each time they failed to meet the time frame. They also do not refund the fee they charge for the rush shipping. I purchased a Christmas Tree for a friend who was dying and was placed in Hospice care. We thought it would be nice to place a Christmas tree in his room even though he was comatose. We hoped he would know that we cared. So I purchased a Christmas tree and paid for the rush delivery to have it that night so I could place it before he passed on. Well good old Amazon failed to deliver that night or the next day. Well our friend passed and Amazon never delivered the tree. To this date I still have not received it. When you call them all they do is blow smoke like it's your fault that it didn't arrive on time.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I've been a customer since about 2003. I also paid over $100 for Prime. Amazon has just recently removed all the years of reviews I've done and will not let me review any items I've purchased or let me ask a question about a product. I've contacted them multiple times to ask why have they banned me. I write reviews mainly when they ask me to on items I've purchased. Their reasoning is that I've written "too many" reviews. I wouldn't have written all of those reviews if they didn't send me reminder emails to do so. I follow their suggestion, then they ban me for doing so. They also don't post reviews until after they've reviewed them. They will not respond to any emails. After my Prime is up in April, I will never be a customer again if this isn't resolved.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I have two Amazon Prime accounts all being used by my immediate family and we never had problems. Generally speaking, I only purchase off Amazon if I really need something as I’ve decided to no longer give Amazon more of my business for two reason: 1) I became a seller on Amazon and it was the biggest nightmare of my life and 2) they have banned my regular buying account from ever posting reviews.

While there are decent sellers on Amazon, nearly 70% of them are sellers from China whom Amazon still allows to harass buyers, allow them to continuously post fake reviews, fake their metrics, fake their ranking and overall, sell cheap quality products with ugly branding. They’re all the same products but with different logos and a gibberish name. Sellers from China do not pay high duties like USA sellers and they also do not pay taxes or contribute to USA’s economy! This allows them to siphon money, cutting off the middleman and offering customers poor quality products (with poor quality control) at low prices which many customers now are accommodated to so retailers cannot compete. The sellers are foreign millionaires while USA-based sellers on average, making $10k a year with a lot of work. These foreign sellers are also aggressive against honest USA sellers.

Selling on Amazon was a complete nightmare. It was complicated and extremely expensive. It was much easier to invest in a different business model. Advertising fees are high, Amazon’s selling fee percentage is high, everything is confusing and poorly done. Seller support is a nightmare and they have too many bugs. If a customer decides to rip a seller off, the seller is out of pocket for the entire item. Amazon has full control and very rarely actually help sellers (who are the ones that make them money). You will pull your hair out dealing with anything regarding selling on Amazon! Once your product drops below 4-stars, it will barely sell, which shows that 4.5-star products are not truly rated honestly. They’re faked because Amazon doesn’t let you sell with low ratings so many sellers fake it yet Amazon punishes fake reviews.

Amazon will ALWAYS be run by Chinese sellers and will always have counterfeit products and fake reviews. While Amazon has tried to crack down on this, they have banned numerous innocent buyers from contributing reviews due to the poorly implemented bots that flag anything you’ve done unintentionally. I’ve been permanently banned as a buyer and reaching customer service was a nightmare as they always give canned responses or won’t tell you what you did wrong.

I can no longer write reviews, my previous reviews for the past 11+ years have been deleted, I can no longer ask product questions and my entire family was also punished. Ironic, as Amazon offers a Vine Reviewer program, where Amazon incentivized reviews to get their OWN branded product ranked high. This Vine reviewer program is also available to sellers but you have to PAY then give away your item for free potentially getting a few Karen-like buyers who will give you a poor rating because they didn’t like your product or they give 5-star ratings for high-ticket items that they didn’t pay for. Extremely shady!

Stay away or lower your contribution to this company. They’re an aggressive monopoly. I’ve never been treated so poorly as a merchant and a buyer and trust me, I sell on a lot other platforms with very few problems and I buy on other websites where they don’t flag me like I’m some sort of criminal. Don’t let some “amazon guru” tell you selling on Amazon is easy money, it’s not. If it was, they wouldn’t be selling a course about it. Adding to the fact they treat their employees poorly. Amazon overall is a bully and I hope more people will see it and stop buying from them!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I have ordered new graphics card on Amazon. The package I received contained a completely different graphics card, on top of that it had signs of usage with dust on the fans and scratches on the frame. I contacted customer service and followed their instructions. They told me to send the graphics card back to Amazon. Upon receiving the graphics card I was told that I won’t get the money back because it was a different card. However, I don’t have another card, I returned the only card sent to me by Amazon. I was refused a refund and the card I’ve returned was disposed. I stop ordering from Amazon again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

First many years ago I set up an Amazon account and pay the monthly fees to have the 2 days shipping on products ordered, however, I no longer get 2 day shipping though I am paying for it. Second, I had a large order and decided to use one of their payment options with a company called Affirm. After approval I tried going to their site to set up my payments only to never be able to get onto their site. Continuous searching I finally found where you could send an email to their customer support which I now have done 20 times only to get an email back that I had to sign onto their site to read their email response.

I wrote a report on Trust Pilot and their customer team responded with a phone number. I have never been able to sign on to this account. I called the 855-423-3729 number as suggested only to go through the same nightmare as I had on the AFFIRM site. I demanded speaking to a manager and the only solution to this issue was to pay off this loan in full today, at which they will not accept a credit card to pay their account off only your bank account. They are highly suspicious and incompetent. This company needs to be investigated and I recommend if you want to keep your credit intact DO NOT GET A LOAN THROUGH THIS COMPANY! I found horrible reviews online about AFFIRM and cannot understand why Amazon would allow this to happen to their customers and why they continue to do business with a company that is ripping off their customers and ruining their credit.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

My family and I have two Prime memberships. Overall, my experiences with Amazon have been positive and we have given the company tens of thousands of dollars in business. I do understand that the pandemic and the shortage of qualified labor can result in less than perfect results, but packing fragile merchandise in unpadded envelops is totally unacceptable. In the last two weeks I received three shipments packed in envelopes and in each case the product was damaged. Amazon needs to fix this at once.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

The Amazon delivery driver drove into my driveway. I went out and retrieved the packages from him. I walked into my kitchen and looked out the window as he backed through my front yard and onto the street. Due to recent rains, the ground was soft and he left ruts in my yard. I immediately notified Amazon and after a week had not heard from them. I called and then they started a claims. I was just notified because I don’t have cameras showing them doing the damage that my claim was denied! It doesn’t matter I witnessed it. So, due to their driver’s lack of attention, I’m having to pay to repair my yard. I will no longer be using Amazon. What happened to a company taking responsibility for their employee’s screw ups?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Over the course of the last year, I have been using Amazon for a lot of purchases. Up until recently their service has been good. I am not sure why Customer Service from Amazon as well as other retailers has gotten so bad. No one listens to what is being said to them. They all seem to be reading off a script. Being told something by one customer service rep is never followed up or the same information if a second call is needed. They always have a different answer.

The days of the customer being right is no longer. I believe it is time for these companies to offer courses in respecting their customers and not telling different stories each time we call. For the times we need to call, AMAZON you should make it easier for us to do so. Your website takes us around in circles and we never get anywhere. I finally googled Amazon Canada, got the 800 number only for it to be in the US. I asked the person on the line for the number, they said they didn't know it, but would transfer me. Hmmmm.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I had a product catch fire that Amazon is liable for and they refunded me but promised compensation for the damages and injury since day one. I have never gotten it and it’s been 11 months and I’ve been promised it more than 20x and I’ve legit been “issued” $40,000 compensation and lied to about it and Amazon ignores that and the threats and harassment and discrimination. They restricted my access since the very beginning and lie about why I’m unable to place orders now and lie in their responses to every complaint I’ve ever filed with the BBB & attorney general. Despite proof of absolutely everything they continue to ignore it and let their employees taunt and torment me and intentionally mislead me and I’ve been threatened and harassed for 11 months and if they could less I’d be surprised. I am traumatized! A rep made fun of me for having a disability & again despite proof NONE OF THEM CARE! I’m devastated at their actions and I will not back down.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

We have been an avid Amazon shoppers. We buy all of our households items from the website. Never encountered an issue over the last TEN years. Same account same heavy orders since we don't go out much due to the family size we have. SE spent monthly hundred of dollars on goods they offer. I talked to a representative trying to understand where my order was and he was extremely rude and he told me people like you are the main reason our country is not making it and he told me that if you had brains you would have tracked the order yourself.

I was so upset I asked to speak to a supervisor and he denied him saying anything and told me we will listen to the call and call me back and I never heard back from them. Three days later, Amazon sent me an email that they are shutting down our account for misusing Amazon. They stated someone flagged my account and that's why it shut down. Who run this place? I am accused wrongfully where everything I bought and returned adhered to the policy. They don't monitor Their employees anymore since all Their call centers are outsourced. I am so disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

After this incident I will request all the consumer who are regularly purchasing from Amazon, Flipkart or any other online platform, should take an unboxing video or should not buy from these people. I ordered a Samsung Galaxy M12 and after receiving the delivery of the product I received detergent soap instead of Samsung Galaxy M12, and the customer support team is giving the same reply every time. “Sir our investigating team has investigated the whole incident and they come to the conclusion that we have sent mobile phone only not an detergent soap”. This was my last online order and from now will prefer to support more retailers rather than these fake online platforms.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Amazon has horrible customer service when it comes to return where we purchased from a third party seller on Amazon website. First of all, when you call in amazon customer service, he/or she whom answered can only give you their first name (without any tracking number or case number). They will promise you that the return was process, but after a week, there was no email from the seller. In which I have to call Amazon the second time to raise up the same issue. They said everything is recorded in their system but, it was never true, because the second amazon representative was clueless and saw no note was written down.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I have shopped on Amazon for years, and spend quite a bit of money monthly on their products. I pay for prime, for the 2 day free shipping. In the past 2 years, this has become a joke. I NEVER receive my items in 2 days, in fact I rarely receive them in a week. Some of them take 2 weeks. I have recently been ordering more from Walmart because I receive my items in 2 days (free shipping), and no extra fee. I have complained 2 different times and nothing has been done. If they can't get items shipped in a reasonable time, they shouldn't charge $130/year for free 2 day shipping. I've also received the wrong items a couple of times in the past few months, then I get to go to UPS - 30 minutes away - to return. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I purchased a product on Amazon for $495.00 and 3 days later I just happened to look at it again and the price had dropped $75.00, I called the support line and was told only that they do not do price guaranties! But not that I could return it for reason: 'better price elsewhere'. I was very disappointed as honoring price change refunds within 3 days of purchase is generally the norm at local retailers I deal with. So I decided that I would just return it and go buy it locally to not support this unfair practice and when I saw that there was an option to return it because: 'better price elsewhere' I took that option for the return. Amazon makes you pay the shipping when you return something for the reason 'better price elsewhere'. This cost me $18.53.

After trying to find the item locally with no luck I decided to just go back to Amazon and purchase the item again for the much better price. So the lesson for me is that Amazon won't tell of this option when you inquire, but it is there, I sent the item back and that cost me a little but the better price more than made up the difference and I laugh now about how expensive this has to be for Amazon to handle the return item and the new shipping labels all over it, get it back into their supply chain and to send me another item, it would have saved Amazon and me much more to honor the price after 3 days and just refund the difference. This is a bad policy and a lot of people are getting ripped off due to it as Amazon will not volunteer the information about how to return the item for: 'better price elsewhere'!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I purchased a product on Amazon from a company called Ontebo with the order fulfilled by Amazon. I returned the item as it wasn't what I expected according to the description but after the purchase I received a letter in the mail from the seller. It offered a $15 gift card if I submitted a 5 star review on the product. I purchased the product based on reviews that I now know were inflated which is not right.

When I submitted my review about the offer of free money for a good review Amazon would not publish it as it wasn't entirely about the product. I was only trying to warn other consumers not to trust the reviews but I guess Amazon didn't see that as a valid reason to post it. Amazon should be doing something to protect their customers from purchasing items based on reviews that have been placed because of "bribes". This is the second time buying through Amazon that I've received offers of free products or money only if I were to submit a 5 star review.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I've been a customer of Amazon for many years and have never had any issues with delivery. As of November 1st all of my packages are being delivered to the wrong house. They have the correct address and have delivered to the correct address in the past. I have called over and over and they claim to have corrected it only to deliver to another wrong house. I am astonished that a company as big as Amazon with as many employees as they have that someone cannot get this right. And it is absolutely pointless to include delivery instructions because the drivers pay NO attention to them. Something as simple as Google Maps will bring you to my door. Jeff Bezos can find his way to space but their delivery driver can't find their way back to my house that they have already delivered to before. This is insane at this point. I am so disappointed with Amazon. PLEASE DO BETTER FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS AMAZON!!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

In my life long experiences as a buyer and seller I have never been so amazed as I have been with Amazon. I just want to thank you for all the caring efforts that have been expressed from your company. I can't even begin to list all the wonderful things that have happened while using your app. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Keep up the good no excellent work. Melanee. Love you guys.

Amazon.com Company Information