4.0/5 (911 ratings)

About Amazon.com

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: April 28, 2022

We bought one dining table from Amazon via driftwood (Bharat furnitures from Rajasthan) on September 2021 and after 7 month we found cracks in joints of dining table. When we contacted Amazon they completely denied to stated the problem and any kind of help than we talked to seller. And seller now denied to give any service to fix the issue or refund or replacement. Now, Amazon and their seller both denied to fix our problem. We paid 16k and buy furniture from Amazon.

My advice for other:
1). Better choose or go to seller directly so if in future any problem came you can go and fix the issue by own.
2). DO NOT USE OR TRUST AMAZON and their Sellers, they are running a fraud scam.

3). Amazon is one of the worst and useless website who is just selling garbage in their website and without taking any ownership in their sellers.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I like most others would leave less than zero stars if possible. Over a month ago Amazon decided that someone was ordering items they shouldn't be - and shut my account down. All items were me - they were gift cards to Amazon for a program we are doing. They canceled all. I was in Mexico at the time - not sure if it was the location that freaked them out. I have explained over and over and over and over that it is me. They refuse to turn my account back on. Every time I call, I'm told that there is no email or phone number they can give out to "said department" - CS has to generate an email with them. CS doesn't even have a phone number to them. Right. They've emailed a couple of times with a format email telling me I have to get a new account, because they deemed someone hacked into mine and placed an order. IT WAS ME!!!!

They finally send an email saying if I really want to get back in, what I have to do - starting with resetting my password. I've explained over and over that I get a notice every time I try to do this - saying they've closed my account and they won't allow the password to reset. Not only did my Prime renew days before this happened (NO ONE has offered to refund this, so I would have to pay for it again - even though I've asked). I have numerous items I have to return and now can't because I can't start the return process. To say their CS is beyond the lowest most pathetic thing I've ever experienced is putting it mildly.

Original review: April 26, 2022

First off there is a language barrier. Second used to be all about customer. Not anymore Amazon is going down the tube fast..used to love reasonably priced, great customer service easy returns. Now everything truly spiraled downhill....the customer service is so annoying.

Original review: April 24, 2022

I have been ordering from Amazon for many years and recently I was at the door (as I saw the amazon driver in the camera). Now that I am in a wheelchair I shouted out to the driver if he could come back and hand me the package because I cannot get out of my wheelchair and walk to the box. The driver said the following "go ** yourself you cripple". I called Amazon to complain and 48 hours later every order that I had placed which was in route were returned to amazon for refund. I guess it's OK to curse and use foul language against Prime customers who cannot walk to retrieve their packages.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Amazon is piloting an extra charge for one-day delivery for Prime customers. Don't fall for it. Gave it a try and Amazon failed miserably. Not only did they not deliver early as promised and charged me for, but now the package will be delayed - something that is also occurring regularly since Amazon started their own delivery service. By the way, Amazon does not refund the "expedited delivery" fee even if they deliver late! You have to cancel and reorder.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Amazon charged me an item had been returned through UPS! Called to confirm Amazon admitted that it should never charge me back since the item was dropped off at UPS store. But this was second times happened to me and Amazon still didn't fix this common issue?! Amazon an average sale is $950 million a day, let say 0.5% fall in this error = $4,750,000; if 95% of customer didn't bother to check their statements = $4,512,500 was overcharged by Amazon a day!

Amazon will not know this error unless customer called to compliant, then they just refunded the overcharged! But why it is so hard for Amazon to fix this issue? Was it very hard? No, I'm an IT professional, the programming is so easy to fix it: If warehouse received return item = No; then charged customer back (this is what Amazon code now). Should change to the following: If warehouse received return item = No; then if return received in UPS = No; then charged customer back else = report to UPS missing items.

As you can see, the programming is so easy to fix such logical errors, but why Amazon still didn't bother to fix it? Because Amazon can make over $4,512,500 a day without any penalty, so why not? If this is not call scam, then what should it called?

Original review: April 21, 2022

Do not bother ordering from Amazon 3rd party marketplace sellers. You will not get your money back even if the product is defective. Their Customer Service people on the phone will just give you empty promises and the run around. They do not know what they are doing. The manager I spoke to was so arrogant and treated me like a little child.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Several times happened. Several times happened. I ordered online. Amazon gave me time window. Just a few minutes before end of the due for no reason my orders canceled. I understand this issue could be happen. But the main problem is Amazon doesn't care about how is the customer's feeling. I tried to tell them my complain is about my time. Amazon waste my time and I need my orders, although they try to make me happy with 5 dollars credit offer. I said this is insulting whenever people talk about humanity and customer's respect, but they still tried to buy my waste time with 5 dollars gift card. I just disappointed because feels like Amazon already grows up and don't need to respect or responsibility about customers.

Even Worse than that is customer services that act like robot or some technology without any understanding. I recommended to send me my order after at least another two hours chat with customer service but they passed me to the other person and it repeated several times and each time they asked me to explain again my story. I know billion dollars corporation don't even look at our rights but I'm sure wherever any system ignore humans they will fall in the end. For my part, I will close my Amazon account forever. I hope no one else has such an experience that I had.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I’m so tired of calling Amazon regarding their delivery companies. They try to redirect me to these companies and it’s futile. Amazon is responsible for making sure my packages get to my door. That’s why I pay extra to use their site. The only company that does bring to me is the one being evaluated each delivery. I feel as though I’m being punished for living in an apartment. Too many lazy delivery guys will leave my packages at the entrance to my building. That would be equivalent to leaving a box at the end of someone’s driveway. I’ve had young men leave extremely heavy boxes for me to drag home. Even if I catch up to them they say they don’t care. I’m a 60 year old woman with back and neck issues from working hard all my life. Amazon you’re responsible for ensuring my items arrive to my door!!!

Original review: April 13, 2022

90% of my orders are late. And when speaking to customer service they give you the run around. My most recent order I paid for Express shipping to have it arrive the same day. Had me waiting til midnight. When I spoke with representative via chat they could not spell too and when I said I didn't understand what they were meaning the ended the chat, then I called spoke with a few CSR's then a supervisor who offered me a refund and said, "Your product will still arrive. Don't worry about returning it." I agreed. When I checked to see if there was a shipping update and instead the order is no longer even being shipped. It was canceled. Altogether the false advertising their doing with there shipping and lying to customers just to end the call.

This company is just poor with skills. I don't know who is training their agents and I not accepting English is not the 1st language as a supervisor tried to use in regards to poor spelling and a full conversation that looked like a bad rap song and rudeness. But again this is not the first time I delayed delivery. But the 1st time a rep had misrepresented what was a solution which caused a bigger problem. When speaking to more agents I was asked, "Can't you go to a local store and purchase." I was completely blowed away you would suggest your competitors. Okay I suppose Walmart must be the better choice.

Original review: April 11, 2022

On later of Feb,2022, I mistakenly returned packages to UPS (Amazon returning label) which doesn't not belong to Amazon. On earlier of March, 2022 I found the mistake then try to contact Amazon via phone and email, then the nightmare began, so far, I have not got the mistakenly sent packages back. First It is hard to find the real customer support phone number, neither find the Amazon support email.

On March 5, I called a customer support number (found online), auto voice, no one answer the phone. But a few minutes later, I got phone call from one of the following: **, calmed to be Amazon supporter, they knew my phone number… Later on I found that they are Scammer who maybe have inside connection with Amazon tech support, so they got my contact information “on time” and with the "help" of Zelle which cause me lost a fortune. Last but not least, I continue call "correct" Amazon support number, and was told that found my packages but don’t know when my package will be returned to me. If I don’t get my packages back in 3 months, I will never buy anything from Amazon again. (Now it is about 1.5 months.)

Original review: April 11, 2022

Well bought something on Amazon tells me it's gonna arrive on the fifth of April. Now we are the tenth (still not arrived at this time) and when I look at the location of my package it seems to not have been shipped yet. And on the 13 I can ask for a refund so the feeling I have right now is that they get money without sending me my items. So it feel like a big ** you to me, there is NO way to send them emails only a phone number. What a awesome company (sarcasm). So I'm gonna talk to Amazon about this. Maybe they will do something about this and remove the seller from their sites. So do not ask for them to ship anything. They are a waste of your time!

Original review: April 10, 2022

Well I learned a valuable lesson today. I am selling all my Amazon stocks. This is a huge risk factor waiting to happen. My chat agents kept dropping my chats even the supervisors. They did not care about my situation. They treated me like a joke. It was a horrible experience. They offered me a 5 dollar credit. At this point I think it's time to go back to shopping at Walmart. At least they pretend to care there. But the whole situation boiled down to this. I have my daughter coming in town that I have not seen for 4 years. I had a special movie night planned with 3d. I brought everything I needed and made sure I selected the option that said. Next day guarantee. They changed it to 3 days away. I chatted with the agent. It was horrible. I have screen shots of the whole situation. The biggest problem for amazon is they need to be careful who they disrespect. Because they never know who are stock holders.

Original review: April 9, 2022

Amazon would not refund (or issue a gift card) for any unused Amazon gift card entered in my account after I decided to close my account. I lost a $100 unused Amazon gift card that was on my account. The customer service was very rude. I will never buy from Amazon again.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I have been a customer, and fan of, Amazon, for many years. However, it seems they have now changed their internet interface. It is now difficult to find the kind of products I want. And there is nowhere I can make this complaint to them, so am doing it here.

Original review: April 6, 2022

If I could give zero stars, I would. I bought my granddaughter a 50.00 Amazon gift card for her birthday. She purchased a PS gift card, with it, and they locked her account. This was a year ago. She’s never recovered her birthday money, nor managed to get her account unlocked. So I purchased 200 dollar PS e gift cards, today, and now they’ve locked my account and flagged my credit card as fraudulent. I will never use Amazon again! There are many other shopping alternatives that have customer service reps that actually fix these problems!

Original review: April 6, 2022

Did Not Receive Advertise Product…. Then got extremely rude and unprofessional people… giving incorrect information in Customer Service…. They don’t care at all about their customers…. They deserve negative stars!!!

Original review: April 3, 2022

This is specifically concerning Kindle, Amazon's book producing for authors and selling service for readers. I've been buying and selling books on Kindle for years, usually with little problems and customer service did a good job helping me if I had problems, until now. KDP is now shutting out authors from Kindle who have been on KDP for years and now closing their accounts, creating lies as to why you are cut, with no proof. There is no allowance for fixing unknown mistakes, or providing evidence as to why KDP is closing their accounts. They just send an email stating you can no longer submit books, receive royalties, as KDP will confiscate them, sometimes thousands of dollars owed authors, all of their books gone from Kindle, and they can never open another account again. This doesn't make sense whatsoever. Have out of control robots taken over???

It seems Amazon is going off the deep end experiencing more problems than ever, especially now with employees wanting to unionize, despite getting better wages and benefits than they could get in another warehouse job. Authors Beware, you can be cut from Kindle for any reason, but they will make up reasons without proof. There are other places to create books, that I am guessing won't cut you out or steal your hard earned royalties. Readers, who knows, you may not be able to read as many great books anymore, and maybe be cut next.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Every time I order a large product from Amazon, as a long time PRIME member, I get a "guaranteed delivery date". Purolator misses it by multiple days. I wait home when I know a large package is coming as I don't want it stolen from my porch. This time, and the last, I ordered a rowing machine. Even if delivered today it will be three days late, and based on Purolator tracking I can see it has been sitting in a Purolator depot 20km from my house for the last four days. I contact Amazon and they can do nothing. I will not be ordering much from Amazon in the future if the PRIME membership means nothing to them and they cannot hold their partners accountable for later deliveries.

Original review: March 24, 2022

I ordered thousands of dollars worth of home decor when my income tax return came this year. My kiddos and I had moved into our new space in September and had been anxiously awaiting the measuring, ordering and planning. I ordered a few vintage tin signs for my kitchen. They continually said they would be "delivered by 8 pm tomorrow". There was no tracking info, just that it was being sent from an international mail carrier. I didn't make it an issue until things I had ordered started showing severe damage or just never showed up.

I utilized the chat feature online which continued sending me from seller to Amazon and back again. I sent an email and received a response telling me they were so sorry and they were reimbursing me for the 3 signs. They said not to bother sending them back, as it was their way of making things right. I was thankful and once the signs finally showed up, I returned to the product page to write a review. The shipping and tracking were less than reliable but the signs were great quality and couldn't have been more perfect.

Logging in a few days later, I noticed I had a message from Amazon. They had shut my profile down and erased ALL reviews I had previously shared. I thought it was a mistake. I utilized the chat once again and was ASSURED that the problem was fixed and my account would be reactivated within a few days. FIVE MINUTES after the conversation in chat, I received an email stating that they were holding steadily by their decision to suspend my account and suggested I read their policies on review etiquette. I read it, but still asked them to explain what I had done specifically.

The email I got in response blatantly and outright accused me of "having relations with international third-party sellers by trading the promise of free products for glowing reviews". It's been a month and I'm still slightly in shock. I will never go back to shopping with Amazon. So incredibly disappointed.

Original review: March 21, 2022

I returned an item to Amazon, therefore, they promised the money would be refunded back to the card I purchased it with. Once they received the item they decided that they would rather put that refund on a gift card (which I never authorized). I waited and waited for the funds to be issued back to my acct, and when I logged on to amazon to contact customer service I notice they put my refund on a gift card and immediately deducted money for another month (which I NEVER authorized). Customer service informed me today, after once again waiting a week that they could not and would not fix this problem. Amazon took it upon themselves to spend the money that promised to return to my card and then refused to fix the situation. I will Not do business with crooks and there should be a warning on their website. At least they gave me a credit that they can spend.

Original review: March 15, 2022

My account was blocked after I sent gift card to a friend. It has been on hold for the past 7 days, I called your customer service 7 times and mentioned that I have authorized the transactions. Even after I told you that there is no fraudulent activity I am still not able to use the account. Every executive and supervisor saying the hold will be removed but I don't see the output. I have never seen this kind of worst customer service.

I got the an email from Amazon asking me to change password and login but I am not able to login, when called the customer service they are saying that the hold was not removed and executive said like, "Why the corresponding department sent an email without removing the hold on your account." I am not able to directly contact the team (back end) who can remove the hold and the customer team and supervisors on front end they can't communicate with back end team and keep on creating tickets but so far my issue is not resolved.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I've been a Prime member for a long time. Over the years the "extras" provided have become fewer and fewer. One of their claims is that it provides 2 day delivery on millions of items. I'm yet to find one of those products. Now, I can expect a package in no less than five days. Often the packaging is terrible. As for Prime Video, the only "free" movies are not worth watching. Everything else requires extra rental or buying options. I no longer shop exclusively on Amazon and will not renew membership. At the new higher cost, it's not worth it. Don't be fooled into believing their promises.

Original review: March 9, 2022

Overall I am satisfied with my experience at Amazon, but two areas of major improvement needed. First is the product reviews and pricing. There are thousands of positive reviews for so many items, and it's clear that the reviews are bogus or not really associated with that product. There needs to be a way to only view products sold by Amazon directly, because many market sellers way overprice items that can be purchased cheaper elsewhere (like Walmart, Target, etc). The second issue is they make it too difficult to get help when there's an issue with an order.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I used to have two Amazon Prime accounts; one in the US and one in the UK. When I tried to close the UK account, a customer service representative assured me that it would not affect my US account. She closed the account and EVERYTHING closed. Not just the Prime accounts, but my kids' Amazon Fire content disappeared, my audible library disappeared, even my Whole Foods grocery lists disappeared. It makes you realise how many parts of your life Amazon have infiltrated.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I ordered 12 mason jars on February 14, 2022. It was supposed to be delivered March 4, ok, I can wait. Then it was delayed, no problem. Then on March 8th, I look at the tracking and it says it was delivered at the side door on March 7. Well, I’m home all day and they didn’t come, AND I don’t have a side door. I contacted Fed Ex, and they asked for the tracking number, my name and address. I give them all the information and they tell me that the package doesn’t have my name or address. Ok, so now I know it was delivered to someone else.

I contact the seller, Romero **, and I get a generic email saying that I should look all around my house and sometimes it switches carriers, so just wait. WHAT? Seriously, it went to another address and I still have to wait? So I contact AMAZON. The girl who called me had me on hold for about 10-15 minutes, came back, said “I’m sorry about….” Then she’s gone. I start a chat with Amazon, told them the same thing, went to a different address, first thing “June” said to me was to look all around my house. WHAT????

After a back and forth, she says I have to wait 24-48 hours cause that’s the seller's policy. Meanwhile, I’m out $56 and no product, waited almost a month after ordering and now, Just keep waiting. So I look online to see where I can leave a review for Amazon itself, I find all these complaints that Amazon is deleting reviews. WHAT???? I used to buy something every week from Amazon, no more. The customer service is terrible. June wasn’t pleasant. She kept asking me the same question over and over. IT’S IN CHAT. You can relook at it. What the heck with their customer service. No more. I’m done with this company.

Original review: March 6, 2022

Amazon is now buying items showing as the seller as opposed to the seller they actually buy from. That leaves a buyer with no recourse to get additional specifications on those items before you buy. Despite them showing returnable, refundable and replaceable, you also do not have access to the traditional amazon A-Z guarantee hence returns are a problem.

I bought a bed topper for a good sum of money and it is entirely too soft. I previously bought one that showed the actual seller I was granted a refund without return in April 2021). They come compressed and as such in a small box. There is no way you can return a fully expanded topper in the original box and amazon could/would not supply a box. They suggested I sell it on Amazon (I have no box to ship it in and am unable to handle it being physically handicapped and homebound. What makes that an option for me?)

They also suggested I contact the original seller (lucid) but could not give me an address to write to and told me to use my search engine! Note there is no guarantee they will help me as I did not buy it from them). I am a decades-long Amazon customer and have had a fair quality of life because of it. This new change has hampered my ability to obtain my daily life needs. How sad this world is becoming and now my only resource for most of my needs is problematic.

Original review: March 6, 2022

I have had quite a few experiences where I mentioned a negative experience without going against the rules of reviewing and gotten a message that my review can't be posted at this point. I don't bother giving good reviews on there since they don't really want my feedback, they just want the positive feedback. Misleading and makes me wonder what reviews I'm not seeing that would have guided me before making a purchase.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

Order a product specifically from Amazon since it would arrive the next day. Guess what, now four days later and do not have it. Will order only from Wmt from now on as I have a discount card. I will not renewing my prime membership. Bad deal. I can’t post my review on Amazon site as it isn’t related to the product. Amazon used to be more customer responsive. Luckily I spoke to their Indian call center and was able to get a refund.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

The annual membership for Prime is ridiculous. I refuse to pay it anymore just to get free shipping. How does Prime free shipping with that kind of annual fee make sense? I have moved so much of my business the past few years to Ebay, which has some better prices at times and lots of free shipping options. And delivery is surprisingly fast. I will still do "some" buying at Amazon, but only when I am able to accumulate $25 worth, which isn't that often. Also, I don't get as many PERKS with Amazon gift cards as I would with any others at my local grocery stores.

Amazon.com Company Information