2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.72/5
Based on 4,997 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Over the last year or so, a number of purchases have been improperly packaged for shipment, left on the side of the road or in other insecure locations, damaged in shipment, or the latest incident, mis-delivered complete with a picture that is not of my property as anyone with Google maps or similar could see. The picture showed that the item was improperly packaged as well (item was not packaged at all, the product was in its manufacturer's box with a shipping label stuck on). There seems to be little understanding at Amazon of the amount of my time they are wasting, having to return or reorder items. I will give them credit for being prompt in handling the issues, but I have no interest in continuing with a service that is no longer reliable nor of acceptable quality. I use Amazon Prime primarily for shipping, have subscribed since Prime began as a shipping service, and will give Amazon one more chance before I cancel my prime membership.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Amazon: MOST internet order mistakes & problems? In 2019 my business placed 118 orders at Amazon.com.

* Over 40% weren't packed properly, contained damaged, defective or wrong items.
    * As year went on more deliveries got slower, slower and late.
    * Returns were lost for up to 2 weeks at Amazon warehouse(s).
    * Refunds were incorrect and rarely processed as promised in writing.

* Frequently asked questions to Customer Service via online chat and email were NEVER answered!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Regards to order # **. Unhappy with the level of customer service for being a billion dollar company. I had a order that was shipped Aug 30 2019 that was missing, they took a pic of the items set on my front door and that was enough for them to not even take a look or start a claim. I am never one to cheat someone even giant businesses of business and I feel that the representative(s) assumed I was trying to. I had to argue with customer service rep for an hour+ and they never even offered to start a claim, they said I needed to file a police report for my 160 dollar order in order for them to even look into it. Meanwhile your CEO makes 7000+ a second and your company makes hundreds of billions a year.

Top it all off the agents I talked to the first couple of times were rude and kept repeating the same automated lines in the chat. They also kept passing me to different customer service reps that kept saying they needed to re-review the chat but asked me a lot of the same questions over and over. So I decided to contact them again thinking it was a fluke or something on 1/13/2020 and the same automated chat "sorry order is past 30 days, we cannot help you with this order can we help you with something else?" multiple times even though I contacted them within 7 days of my order missing. Then when you ask them something else they transfer you to someone else over and over again like they don't want to help you.

I understand your drivers drop off packages and take pictures and you use that as evidence but what's to stop them from telling a friend to just pick up and take the package they just delivered? Or even them taking a pic then taking the package back home to themselves? Just really frustrating not getting my order and having no resolution and feels like no one even tried to help.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

If you are a Prime Member, you get priority shipping, so they say. Their ads say "guaranteed delivery tomorrow". Well, know what? Tomorrow comes and goes and the delivery does not show up. When you call them about it, they offer excuses and give you $5 for your troubles. They should be investigated for the lies they list on their website. This has happened to me twice in the last week. I will NOT be ordering any more office supplies from their website, their failure to deliver as promised literally stopped my business for an entire day. Be aware if you order from Amazon, you will NOT receive the delivery as promised. It will come one to two days later. Best to go to the store and pick up what you need.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I have tracking number and return labels where the items were returned. They refuse to refund my money. The packing return label has both items on it and both items were returned but they still refuse to give me my money back. Have spent over three hours on phone with them. They will not put me on the phone with someone in the US that can understand me. And they keep saying the same thing over and over. They can refund till they receive package but they don’t understand they have already received package.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Never shopping with Amazon.com again. I ordered 2 items in late November-early December 2019 for Christmas. I selected 'standard delivery 3-5 days and paid for it, with no indication that delivery may take more than 3-5 days. One of the items was cancelled- but they couldn't be bothered telling me this until after Christmas. At least I got refunded for that item, but still a major inconvenience when you're expecting it to arrive for Christmas. The other item did not get delivered till 11 January. They should not state that the delivery you're paying for will take 3-5 days if it will actually take over a month.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I pay over a hundred dollars a year for my Prime membership and their shipping just gets worse and worse every year. To increase cost savings, Amazon now hires incompetent drivers instead of letting UPS deliver their packages. Unlike before, Amazon does not offer coupons or discounts if they mess up on deliveries. Amazon also doesn't have the best price in most cases. With the increasing number of online shopping nowadays, it doesn't make sense to use Amazon anymore given their loss of competitive advantage in both delivery speed and pricing.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

The application that takes automatic payments is a bit sly. It took my annual payment without adding up the tax for me and letting me know how much it would be taking. Then, when I complained to online service chat, I got two people who could not help me, the second of which was sarcastic and devious, and then hung up on me. The application itself, I'm told, is designed to disconnect after 2 minutes. 5 seconds hadn't passed after his last snide comment before I got the "please wait for the next available representative" which I had not been expecting, nor had I agreed with. It was during this second conversation that I had found out my Prime account had been suspended due to confusion over the payment. This was not the case before, when the payment had declined because I had loaded the amount advertised onto my prepaid card instead of the amount the application decided to take without telling me.

After getting over my anger at the indecencies in both their technology and their human chat staff, I got around to reprocessing my payment information for the application that was still not taking a payment from my card in spite of my assurances to the company that there was enough money waiting in the bottom of it. This is a month later. I update my payment information, then "your account is suspended. Please update your payment information." disappears and a green thank you box flashes on the screen.

Now, without asking me, Amazon has withdrawn a full annual payment, even though I had not been given an opportunity to change my payments to monthly, which I had tried but not been allowed due to being "under suspension" and then thought I would be allowed to change when my payment information had been updated but was not given a single seconds time for. The application had just assumed I would be making that unalterable payment. So, now I've gotten access to the button and set it at monthly. Before I pressed that, it said my next billing date would be in eleven months (get it? Eleven not twelve?) but now it says I have made my first payment today not last week. In a few days, I will know how much they've taken and whether or not they've put anything back. I know it will get straightened out by the bank if they don't do it themselves, but they get a few days grace.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I ordered so many items from Amazon Prime in New year. Half of the items never arrived and showed delivered. I had to call several times for a refund and then they told me they cannot provide me a refund unless the investigation is completed. The customer service was rude to me as if it is my fault.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I purchased sushi at Amazon Go store at Rockefeller Center. It was frozen before, 100% I am sure. I can't tell everything was frozen. My sushi was frozen because I can see the vegetable color was different, fresh and after melt. This is not one time experience.. so I hope someone check.

Amazon.com Company Information