2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.13/5
Based on 1,819 ratings submitted in the last year

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: May 25, 2020

I placed a preorder for a book for $29.99 on 2/19/20. On 2/24/20 the price dropped to $17.99 and they flat out refuse to give me a refund for the difference which their policy says they should give me.

Original review: May 25, 2020

You really have to look out when buying from Amazon. They want to trick you into buying into Amazon Prime, and you have to read the fine faded print carefully to avoid signing up unintentionally. They tempt you on every order with a garish display about free shipping. Reject that initial offer! Once you're signed up your card will be billed automatically until you discover it and go through the hassle of cutting it off. This company does not provide product descriptions adequate for you to understand what you're buying. I had to cancel my last order because it wasn't clear whether I was buying a dozen pencils or just one. And they must be making a handsome profit with most of their exorbitant shipping/handling charges.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Amazon used to be good but seems the bigger they get the slower the shipping speeds. Overall customer service has been great. I ordered a mini split system with several necessary electric items to install unit. I installed unit and never received the electrical items to finish the job. It's been 1 whole month and all I hear is they are only shipping essentials. I guess living in the desert with 100 + temps is not essential to them. Going back to Walmart. They never held up my shipping.

Original review: May 23, 2020

When I buy something from Amazon, they take the full amount out of my account and then give it back and do it over again. This happens a total of 5 times (occasionally three). The invoice charges me a certain amount but they take the money out of my bank account in increments and since taxes are charged on each item, I have a really difficult time knowing for which item they are withdrawing money. One example is they took $158 out of my account after I made an order for that much, then they put $72 back in and then took it out, put it back in took it out, put it back in and then took it out.

I have been buying things from Amazon for years and this is something that has only started in the last year or so. When I contacted Amazon about it, they said it was an automatic thing that happened. Until then, I thought it was a new employee who was incompetent. I would close my account within the someone hadn't given gifted me a Kindle for Christmas A couple of years ago. I am so done with amazon.com.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Amazon sent me an email asking me to review all the products we have order from them since we opened our account two years ago. I did, giving 4 or 5 stars to all the products except 2, where I gave a 1 star rating, one because it was an inferior product and we returned it, and one because we never received the product and Amazon tried to charge my credit card for it anyway. Amazon posted all my positive reviews, but reviewed to post the two bad ones. They sent me their rules for a review and my two rejected ones met all the criteria. SO DON'T TRUST AMAZON'S POSTED REVIEWS FOR PRODUCTS. THEY ONLY POST POSITIVE ONES!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: May 23, 2020

Amazon Prime used to be one day, now it's becoming longer like 3 to 5 days. It's better to just go out and buy all the required items in brick-and-mortar stores so I can have them in just a few hours. I hope competition is coming because it will soon be easy to beat Amazon with its shabby service.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I have been getting a $12.99 charge for the past 3 months and it says it is for Prime which is not anything that I signed up for. They no longer have an 800 number and no way to reach this company. Terrible customer service!

Original review: May 22, 2020

Be careful dealing with Amazon, they no longer care about customer service. This always happens when a company gets so big they no longer have effective completion. I’m old, 100% disabled American veteran and in the Covid 19 compromised immune system category which is the self-quarantined population. Like many of you, I’m working from home. When a piece of equipment fails I usually run to BestBuy, Staples or OfficeMax and have a replacement in 2-3 hours. The only online purchases I make are with Amazon as they have driven away the local printer cartridge business. On May 7, I ordered a Logitech keyboard and mouse from Amazon and it arrived late May 20 and it didn’t work. Very frustrating, after spending 13 days of dealing with a broken keyboard. The only instructions were printed schematics on the box, basically no help.

I called Amazon; they used to have a great customer service help desk. Not anymore, Covid-19 made it disappear and it will not return, as Amazon is only about profit. I spent 4-5 hours on the internet looking for help and gave up. On May 21, I called BestBuy, placed my order and 3 hours later it was ready to be picked up.. I brought it home (curb side delivery) and had it working in just 10 minutes. It is a better keyboard and only cost $2.78 more! (I have free shipping.) Amazon is growing by leaps and bounds. I heard yesterday they hired 150,000+ new employees while BestBuy and I suppose all of the local retailers are struggling. Be careful, Amazon is likely to be our only source of the things we need. They even own Whole Foods, how long until we get all of our groceries from them? Amazon already sells everything except prescriptions, and that is only a license away!

Original review: May 22, 2020

Updated on 05/23/2020: Per current Amazon standard, they ask the consumer to deal directly with the seller which is a very strange way of doing business using the internet. Anyways, after exchanging tons of messages with the seller about a shipment that was due to arrive on May 12 (today may 23), his final input was that he refunded the money. When I asked him when the refund was made, he stated that I need to approach Amazon as it seems that they hold the refund for 4 to 5 weeks. His input was not valid due to the fact that I was faced with similar problem with my very first order and the refund was made within 48 hours. Did ask the seller that he must advise Amazon to refund and credit my card. All this going on and not a single message or interference from Amazon. Pure waste of time and efforts. Hope that this will not drag on forever. In the meantime, glad that I canceled my membership..

Original Review: Last April have placed few orders, around 9 items, on Amazon. One was rejected by customs and presume shipped back to the seller. One item never delivered and therfore Amazon decided to cancel the order. Only 2 items were received. The biggest handicap is that as a buyer of the product, we are asked to deal directly with the seller. A pure waste of time and effort and most of the time such seller has a very negative attitude. All this going on and not a single interference from Amazon!! Two items should have been delivered on May 12 and yet till date ie, May 21, nil received. When I approach the seller, the reply is: not to worry... They are on the way...

On the other hand, while all these kind of communication with the seller going on, Amazon's famous tracking order system, which is a tool for the buyer to make a follow up on all his purchases, is still showing inaccurate data ie, still my two orders will be delivered on May 12...weird.....!!?? Will be canceling all the orders and have asked all the sellers to credit my Amex... I will not pay for anything that will not be delivered and/or delivered late.... Bottom line: will not go through such bad experience again...

Original review: May 20, 2020

3 of my orders didn't came in today. It supposed to come on time. I got a notification on my phone that my package supposed to come that day. When I went out to check the mail, I didn't received nothing from the the company. It's alright. Just need to be more specific about the time and day when it supposed be deliver on the current day.

Amazon.com Company Information