2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.72/5
Based on 4,998 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

After I order, almost delivery date is coming, I got email from Amazon, my order undeliverable, no explain. Then tell me “You will get your refund about 5-10 days, if not get It, please connect your bank”. After 10 days, I connected amazon service. Ask my refund, get answer “Wait 3 days”. I want reorder, ask the service to no charge express delivery for my order this time, because I want my order as soon as possible, the guy tell me, "Show your order first, then give you refund." After I order, I found my delivery charge still on my bill, the bank not get refund. Connect customer service, the guy told me can’t do it... My experience was so upset, I want the people know about it, pay attention.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

On the 10th of jan I purchased a camera on Amazon Australia for $499.96. The following morning I checked to see if it had been sent. I checked the tracking number and it was a Chinese tracking number that had been sent on the 31/12/19. As this was sent 11 days before my order it was clearly not mine. I went to contact the seller and he had removed his store from amazon. I contacted amazon and told them what had happened. They said they would investigate.

I was then informed the seller had been removed from amazon and an A-Z guarantee had been opened and I would receive a refund. I have been chasing this up for the last 2 weeks and today I received an email stating my claim had been denied. I really cant figure this out as they did an investigation found the seller was a scammer and said they would refund me. I have to pay interest on this money as I paid via credit card. I have contacted amazon so many times in regards to this issue to no avail. I dont understand how a company can just steal money like that.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Have had Amazon Prime for about 8 months, in the last 8 months I have had 1 to 2 deliveries per month that are NOT delivered in the stated delivery at the checkout on Amazon prime, why waste money on the Prime membership if they won't stand behind the delivery date? When I contacted Amazon they stated it was the suppliers fault, well that's not my fault, I then asked for 2 free months of Prime and they said they could only offer me a $5 promo, they are happy to take monthly $12 but not fulfilling their end, in my opinion Prime is a scam.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

My order showed it was delivered. It was not. It’s been 4 days and no contact number to call Amazon. Very frustrated. I want my product, but no way to contact amazon. Sent an email and still no reply!!!?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I am so angry at Amazon right now. I ordered a NEW water filter for my refrigerator. When it arrived, the box was ripped and banged up. I thought it was just a warehouse or shipping issue. Then when I opened the box, the filter unit was scraped and look old/used. Still hoping, I installed it and ran the water for 3 minutes as instructed. The (polluted) red light stays on - meaning, not only is the "new" filter not working, I believe it is a USED filter that has been sold to me as new. Disgusting.

I have an elderly/sick father who lives with me and he can get infections very easily so this is also a dangerous result of a USED and BAD product. This filter doesn't show a RED light until 6 months, so this "new" filter has been used for over 6 months and then sold to me as new. I am starting to trust Amazon less and less. I am never going to order this again from Amazon. I am going to order from SEARS which is where the previous one came from.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I ordered a Timex watch. I received 2. Called Amazon and they sent me a code. I cannot print this code. Called again. Asked if they could send me a label to return. Was told they couldn't. Spoke to 3 different people. Couldn't hardly understand. Finally gave up and hung up. I have purchased over 50 items in the last month. I have Prime but I will not purchase anything else because of the return problems. Can't talk to a person I can understand because they are all foreigners and very hard to understand. Be careful when you order because it is a problem when you need to send anything back.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Ordered several items this week in two separate orders for items that were needed immediately. Was guaranteed to arrive within 24 to 48 hours. Both times the package not only did not even arrive on time but it never even made it to the fulfillment center. Don’t bother calling to complain. It won’t matter as the employees there have absolutely no power and cannot think outside the box to resolve an issue and will not be able to help you nor do they care to even help you. For the items I ordered I could’ve easily have picked up those items over the weekend at a store but because Amazon prime guarantee delivery by Monday it was fine to wait a day. We are now at four days past when promised and still no package and still no resolution with Amazon. They do not care!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I've closed my Amazon account twice. The final straw was a Prime item that didn't come, and the rep said it's because it was shipped from another state. As we know the only exception to that rule is if it is shipped from/to Alaska and Hawaii and the exception of a natural disaster or severe inclement weather (typically a major forest fire or a snow front in central US).

Then they made a mistake on a order (it was a comforter and they sent the wrong item, product #, color, size and set), and the customer service copies and pastes the same answers of refund/return... No I'm not messaging you about that; I'm messaging you to get the right item I ordered. That is not a case of a refund or return... that's a case of, "Hey, you sent the right item and send me the right one".

This is no disrespect to the people of India (where yes Amazon's customer service is) but Amazon needs a home-based customer service to answer and understand questions, comments and requests. The only thing these people can do is copy and paste the answers on their screen which in actuality does not answer most questions people have. And the Amazon management knows this; it is the most common cited issue with Amazon but they choose to ignore the complaints received. Majority of Prime account holders who dropped Amazon dropped it because of no proper service and the amount of frustration that comes with talking to someone who cannot answer you or fix a problem because they are limited only to the English language by what's on a screen.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I bought this off Amazon, it lasted 3 months before breaking. Amazon won't accept returns and Vornado says I have to exchange, no returns. The service rep for vornado claims it is not a space heater. It is a heat "supplement". And she claims none of their models heat over 250 sq ft. Nowhere on their amazon ad does it state these things, and I don't believe is in the manual either. This is deceptive marketing. I had a cheap heater last me 5 years. This lasted 3 months. Her reasoning of why it broke is because I used it without another heat source and my room is 350 sq ft. This is ridiculous. Nowhere does it state a criteria for the unit to work "properly". If that was the case, I would simply be cold but the heater should still work. If it can't handle the cold and breaks, then it is inherently a defective heater by design. Yet I'm now forced to keep getting defective replacements for a defective product design. Vornado has been plagued with recalls.

This company is using the customer as leverage for their faulty product. I'm now locked into this purchase because they won't refund. It is in fact marketed as a "space heater". Yet she tells me it is NOT a space heater. It is being marketed for small to medium sized rooms when in fact it is for ultra tiny rooms. No sq footage is given. And this tactic of calling it a "heater" and not a space heater, then telling me it broke because it is not a space heater is infuriating. They will replace it, not refund my money. Why would I want this when it is blatantly not what is being advertised and cannot perform its purpose? I am so disappointed with amazon and vornado for this bait and switch selling tactic.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Deliveries arrive in cheap, flimsy boxes that cannot handle the weight of multiple orders. Fragile items (separate orders) are included with heavy items without packing material to keep items from crashing into each other. All my shipments arrive with broken packing tape. Sometimes the boxes were not even sealed correctly. I have had liquids leak so bad the contents & the shipping box arrive soaked & ruined. I would think it more cost effective to have better picking, packing & shipping protocols than cover replacing items (duplicate items shipped, shipping the original order, shipping for the return & shipping the replacement). Complaints to customer service has not made any difference.

Amazon.com Company Information