Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.85/5
Based on 5,097 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I used to love Amazon but they are slowly becoming very incompetent and annoying. I tried to order items yet they didn't charge my card for send it. Called customer service and I may as well have been talking to a robot. Actually a robot probably would have been more helpful. Cancelled my order. Love how now, when you don't pay for Prime, that they think you can wait forever for the payment to be taken and item sent. I'll order from China next time, it'll be faster and cheaper.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I purchased a float valve and seal for my pressure cooker. I received notice of delivery, but when I opened the package I received a package of 5-minute epoxy sealer. I wrote a polite review, but when I submitted the review it was rejected because it did not meet their standards. I have tried to get help, I contacted chat and they told me they could do nothing and I should at my expense send their mistake back. Totally uncaring customer service.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Amazon promises one and two day deliveries however 50% of the time they don't get to you on time. Waste of membership fees. Their customer service is also deteriorating. I have had agents not apologize for the delays they have caused.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Horrible.. I have to verify my card every time I use it. I get blocked. When you call Amazon they say we can't do anything. It's up to the specialist and I have to wait 24 hours. That's bull crap.. Pisses me off. I can't stand Amazon anymore. I will start going to a different place to shop for now on instead of Amazon. It's so wrong.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

For some reason that they will not answer, they shut down my Amazon account saying I cannot prove that my credit card I used actually belongs to me. Not sure why they questioned it as I have used it on previous amazon purchases that I made months before and they shipped against it without any issues. They were not suppose to retain my credit card info from previous purchases but they apparently did without my permission. They won't even allow me account access to see what items were shipped from this recent order where I used the credit card they are questioning, however I already have received some of the items so it shows the credit card allowed payment processing.

Numerous emails and even phone calls have provided no help to resolve their issue. All they want is for me to provided a copy of an credit card statement that I do not have that shows the info they want as it is between statement periods. Not sure why they cannot verify all of the info I provide w/ the card company. I can't even gain access to use a diff credit card. So now I have missed any Black Friday sales or even Cyber Monday sales. Amazon is just too large to provide customer service and they just do not care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I have been a customer of Amazon for the past few months. Signed up for music services and Prime. My first experience was with their music streaming service. I was extremely pleased with it. It was what prompted me to subscribe for the Amazon Prime. I thought this was perfect. I needed to purchase a bunch things. I placed my first order and was impressed. The first item shipped out fast and it came in no time. Item was great. Everyone was happy. I even took the time to review the product and so forth.

Next day, I ordered about 11 items. Items got shipped into three different shipments. Which I get. It makes sense. The following day when items were to arrive, I got a message. "Your product has arrived but got damaged on site. We have issued you a refund. I then contacted them to ask if I could just have the item shipped out again. They said they had already issued the refund. But, if I would like, I could reorder by paying for it. I said "No thanks, But I appreciate it. I will re-order when I get the money back on my card. Next day, one of the other boxes come. As is described and on time still. Great! I am a happy person.

I check status of parcel three. It states arriving the same day. Wait around until end of day. Nothing. Not the end of the world. I check Amazon's website help. It states, Sometimes a parcels status will read arriving today when it is still being processed. And, sometimes it will read, delivered when on delivery. I shook my head and thought, oK, I don't get that but whatever. It also said give it another 36 hours and then contact them. My first thought was why not just have the status reflect the actually location of item. Makes sense to me. I then shook my head puzzled, but moved on with my day. Next day item arrived.

A week passes and I wanted to re-order the item that did not make it to me. No refund. I contacted Amazon and they said They verified my information and came back and asked what the problem. I said. " I was told I would get a refund and I did not receive anything". They said, "Let me check". She then said. "I am so sorry". "So what is the problem? Did you not like the item? Is that why you asked for a refund?" I said "Pardon?" They continued, "Why did you send the item back?" I said. "I didn't, You guys notified me saying my item was damaged." She said "Oh" I then asked her if she had the info? She said "yes."

I said Just wondering. She then went on to say "would you like a gift card or back on your credit card?" I stopped and paused for a few seconds. I then said in a calm voice. "Wait a minute. Are you saying the money was not even attempted to be reimbursed? She said. "no, I am afraid not not. I stayed very polite with the young lady. But the more she spoke, the more I was beginning to really think about things. I thought I would try another time. I get it, things happen.

Ordered my products, came in two different deliveries. First packed said was shipped, ready to be delivered that day. Next day I get a message. Your package was unable to be delivered because of weather. Cool. No big deal. I called them, because they said call. They said My parcel would be in tomorrow instead. I said "OK". Got into the shower. Get out. Phone rings. We have your parcel. I live in a building. Go downstairs. Driver says, "What the hell man. I called you three times." I said "oh, did you?" I said fair enough. I then turned and said, "Yeah, But if we are being fair. If you didn't tell me 30 minutes ago you were not going to be until tomorrow, I would of waited. So own your own mistakes." He, turned and mumbled, "What ever".

I won't make a big deal. However, I get it, Amazon has a lot going on. Until the product is in a customer's hand, Amazon is 100% liable. I don't buy my items from the logistics companies. I buy them from Amazon. Amazon, and Amazon alone is responsible for its employees. These courier companies are hired to do a job. Their employer is Amazon. If Amazon cannot control its employees. Then that is a problem. However, they need to take ownership. Your job is not to have to call three different companies to find out why your product is not there.

I won't say they are a horrible company. But, I would strongly advise that if you are going to be ordering or a product, Don't put your faith into their shipping. Ask yourself. Is it really worth losing three hours of your life. And run the risk of potentially, and more than likely at one point in time not getting your product on time. I would suggest you pay for the shipping and go elsewhere. Perhaps somewhere closer or something. If your prime objective is for reliable delivery. Because while I like the sellers. I have no faith in the delivery. Sorry for the rant. Just wanted to give an unbiased opinion. And now, Jumping overboard.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

This is at least the 4th time we have not received an order from Amazon Delivery. The pictures they send just show the package sitting at a door, no apt #, with a doormat that they show delivered that we did not get.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Amazon delivery is terrible. They will give delivery windows as late as 10:00pm. The drivers are rude and don't follow instructions. I had a driver throw my boxes down a concrete flight of stairs next door to my address. They will just throw the boxes from the sidewalk at my door. I'm constantly getting damaged items because their drivers mishandling packages.

Trying to contact customer service is even worse. It takes up to an hour to get someone who can even understand what's happening so you end up explaining your issue over and over again. And then they can barely do anything remotely helpful so you just end up frustrated with no resolution. And the app has gotten really bad. I'll try and have my packages delivered on my prime day, which is an offered service, but it almost always tells me it's unavailable even though it's days away. Contacting customer service through the app is a terrible experience and they took away the email options, which is unacceptable in this day and age.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

So I ordered two items from Amazon. It’s supposed to be delivered on November 12th. I saw USPS truck outside, but still didn’t receive my package. Later I called to Amazon customer service. Together we talked to USPS... They gave me refund. I ordered same items again. This package supposed to be delivered on November 15th. Again I stayed all day at home. No one ring my doorbell. No one even came inside my building.. I live on first floor right next to main entrance and can hear when people coming inside the building. I got message that package was delivered 1 minute ago. I opened my door - no package. Went to lobby - no package. I checked around building - nothing. Checked other buildings - nothing. So I again called to Amazon/USPS. They told me to wait few days.

Three days later I went to local post office. They said package was delivered. How come it was delivered if I was at home? So Amazon representative told me they are going to make their own investigation. One Week later I called to Amazon to talk to Fraud department. The person which I talked was not able to help me. I asked to transfer me to supervisor. Supervisor Tom was rude. He was keep saying by our policy “Risk and loss” policy you not getting refund or replacement. I asked him who are they these people who investigate case. Can I talk to them. He said I can not talk to them. Didn’t give me any explanations why they took such kind of decision.

I was asking him what other options I have. How can I get my money back, but he was keep saying same sentence- our policy, our policy, our policy ... you not getting refund and not getting replacement. And actually he said like it’s my fault that I supposed to know about this policy, because when we “customers” are creating accounts we supposed to read terms before to press “agree” button. I got emotional, since he was keep saying same thing over and over. Not trying to help me to solve this problem. He yelled, I yelled.

Later he send me respectful email which says I can go to police and file report. But when we were talking he didn’t say a word about police and was just plain rude. I even said that I will post on Facebook about my experience with Amazon. And going to call to corporate number. I got so upset.. I am single mother with two special needs kids. I took two days off to receive these packages... and now they are treating me like I am the one who is lying.

Next step I decided to call to USPS. Lady who I talked to said package was Uninsured, so if they will not find package it means package is lost and you are not getting your money back. She said talk to seller. I again called to Amazon Fraud department. The guy who I talked to was sooo rude. No one treat me this way before. He yelled - "Package was delivered! You not getting refund or replacement." He was yelling at me straight 5 minutes. And asked If I have questions. I said “yes” and he hung up phone. He refused to listen me. Didn’t even let me say 1 word. Just keep yelling at me. It was Horrible. I don’t know why I was paying them every month $14.99 for Prime membership. If They treating me like **.

I called third time to Amazon, because I want to ask what I am going to do since USPS said that package was uninsured and I need to talk about this matter with Amazon and also I wanted to file complaint about previous two guys for yelling at me. So this rep also didn’t helped me about uninsured items, at least he wasn’t yelling. He said he will take care of my complaint. Even he didn’t asked me names and details. I asked him to provide me “Service request ID”.. He said it will be Internal case, so there is no service request ID, and there is no way I can find out did they take care about my issues with other 2 representatives. Now I know... that Amazon just like that can take your money. USPS will not take care of you too since package was not insured by seller. So I just lost some money money, cried a little, and got upset for entire day.

Dear Fraud department, you guys getting your salary from money of customers like me. If money of single mother with special needs kids makes you richer... take it. No problem. I unsubscribe from Amazon Prime. This is last time I ordered something from Amazon. It’s just privately owned company, they don’t value their customers. Please read “Risk and loss policy”.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Amazon's algorithm is faulty. I submitted a positive review that fell within their guidelines. My review was simple, "The soap base melted nicely in the microwave and performed as expected". 3 days later Amazon's auto rejection email arrived, telling me I had violated the terms and the review would not be posted. Ridiculous! I replied explaining that they had made a mistake, but of course you cannot reply to their robots, so a human never had a chance to correct the error. Amazon is too big for their britches and should be broken up via Anti Trust.

Amazon.com Company Information