2. Shopping

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.19/5
    1931
Based on 3,969 ratings submitted in the last year
Sign up for a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime! *
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Ordered my first Rx from Amazon Pharmacy and not much went right. I called customer server with my fairly simple four Rxs that I currently have with Optimum FOR 90 DAY SUPPLY PRICES. Was told no problem, that all are zero co-pay with my insurance. Have first Rx transferred, get text and email message that says cannot order for another 10 days, but they will notify me when it is time to order--or I can order at very high prices without insurance. Never received notification as promised when I could order, must have a glitch in the system. So I find that the first refill is already in the cart, but requires a $3.00 payment. Thinking it must be postage, I go ahead and order. They did get my physician to write a 90 day Rx, but for three 30-day refills, each at $3.00 each.

I do not have the time to deal with order Rxs every 30-days so they will not be getting my or my wive's Rxs. These same Rxs are zero copay for 30-day supplies at CVS or Winn Dixie. Call Amazon Pharmacy customer service, explain all the above, but her attitude is that they are incorrigible, very uppity and snippy attitude and then admits that 80 percent of their phone calls are customers wanting 90-day supplies. I am an Amazon fan, but Amazon Pharmacy is not ready to be open yet.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Very unethical. I ordered two video cameras and decided to return them. I was waiting for my refund and never received a notification that I had been issued a refund. I was not made aware that the refund would be credited as a gift card. I did not ask nor want a gift card. I call about my refund and I am told that I already received it. I’m livid because my card balance says differently. So I check my account and sure enough there’s a gift card attached to it. Before I knew this I ordered a movie for my kids thinking it was being paid via my debit card attached to my account and come to find out, the gift card was automatically being set as my primary use, when in the past it has always been my debit card. So by me using the balance from the gift card unknowingly, that disqualified me from receiving my refund instead. This was down right deceptive, and crazy.

There should always be a disclaimer to let the customer know how a refund will be issued l. There was none for my purchase. I will not be supporting Amazon anymore. These companies don’t put money in our pockets, we put money in theirs. So they should show some appreciation with honesty and professional services period!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

This has happened to me 3 times: Tracking history shows item was delivered but it was not. The Amazon representative said I needed to contact UPS (which is Amazon's responsibility), then UPS states the package was delivered to the wrong address and to contact Amazon to file a claim. Amazon reported to me that I could not get a refund or replacement because I received the item.

Also noteworthy: I ordered over $4,500 in Christmas gifts from Amazon and 6 of my packages were delivered to the same wrong address. The honest recipient returned my packages to an Amazon driver and that driver brought the packages to me telling me they went to the wrong address but he scanned the packages again and saw my address.

In conclusion to my issue of not receiving my package, I received an email from Amazon informing me of their carrier policy and it clearly states that they are NOT RESPONSIBLE for items not delivered. I believe a class action lawsuit against Amazon is due for customers who have had similar issues. Widespread social media support from all of you who have had similar issues with undelivered items from Amazon can help! Please spread the word!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

On January 21, 2021 I placed an order. Order was for 125.00. I was not told about the huge shipping cost. One product 2.00 was charged 319.19 shipping. The order 36.00 was 121.80. Be very careful when they say cheap. Amazon is dealing with companies like this. On a income of 1100 a month I am in big trouble now to try to pay for this. When questioned I received an email from Amazon the items were shipped. Too bad so sad. Hope you enjoy. So their new commercial SO CHEAP beware the shipping costs. On a sad note I will not be ordering from Amazon. A company who really doesnt care and cannot be trusted.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Amazon has taken its customers for granted. They cancel the orders on their own or send open seal products mockering the customers. Ordered Sony wh 1000xm4 on 07.02.2021 which was cancelled by them on their own. Doesnt matter if there will be any inconvenience or not. Then again ordered the same product next day leaving behind all the grudges and all I received was open seal product taped on sides. This is very much disappointing.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

My most recent experience with Amazon has been atrocious. I feel disrespected as I have wasted over two months for a simple order that can not be fulfilled. It has been a waste of my time, energy and do not feel like a valued customer. I had ordered an extra large pajama pant from Amazon back in early December. A couple days after I ordered, I contacted Amazon support as I meant to order a large size, not an extra large. I spoke to an agent and asked for my order to be changed to a large size. The agent assured me that they changed my order as it has not shipped yet, so I should be receiving the large pajama pants instead of the extra large. Upon delivery, in early January, I received the extra large size.

I contacted customer support again to ask if they shipped an extra large and large size by mistake, but the large hadn't arrived yet. The Amazon agent said the previous agent I spoke to did NOT do anything for my order, so there is no large size pajama pants being shipped to me. I was upset, but I said, "Okay, can we swap the extra large size I received for a large size." The agent said no, the only thing I can do is to return it and re-order the large size. So we processed the refund and I reordered the product in a large size.

Upon attempting to return it, I could not because the Amazon support worker I spoke to processed the wrong order for return. So, again I had to go back to customer support for them to process the proper item for return. Today, early February, I received the new package for the large pajama pants, but again, I am disappointed. Even though I had ordered a large size, I again, received the extra large size pajama pants.

So, I contacted Amazon customer support in hopes to resolve the same problem again. I let the agent know what had happened earlier, and what they can do moving forward. The agent said sorry for the inconvenience, then disconnected me. A new agent came to the chat, said sorry for the inconvenience, then disconnected from the chat as well. The next agent came into the chat and said, "Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm going to send you to another member of our team to help you out." So again, the agent disconnected from the chat and another Amazon agent connected.

The fourth new agent today said, "Sorry for the inconvenience, there's nothing we can do, you can get a refund and buy it again if you want the large size," as there's nothing they can do. So I asked for a refund because clearly Amazon does not want my business, was not professional and wasted my time and effort with this simple order. After two months of trying to solve the same issue and being let down every time, it's just not worth my time shopping with Amazon. I feel extremely disrespected by Amazon, the interaction I had with them was very unprofessional and I do not feel like a valued customer. The past two months have been such a waste of my time, I would think twice about shopping with Amazon.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Like many shoppers on Amazon I rely on others experience when making a decision on a purchase. So I would do the same thing for everyone else. Well recently I had some large purchases go bad. So I said how my experience was. This time I actually read the email I received back. They were all rejected. It didn't reflect my experience with the product or seller. Well what was I writing about?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Amazon shipping and prime is a joke! They raise prices and their services go down. Their guaranteed delivery is never on time. Almost always one or more days late from the time they guarantee you should have it. Being late is one thing but to charge people over $100 a year for guaranteed deliveries that are never guaranteed or never arrived on time is a joke. They need to change their policies and pricing.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

This is the worst designed site ever. It is impossible to find your way around and nothing is intuitive. Every time I use it I want to shoot myself. A site like this should be easy to navigate and find what you want to do. Like why is it so hard to add a channel like Showtime to my subscription????

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Amazon Community help is useless. I’ve been a customer of Amazon for at least 15 years and never had any problems until last August. Amazon’s community help became totally useless. I posted a review of a soap dispenser and received an email saying that it would not be posted due to a violation. The email was a premade response listing several reasons. Going thru the list none of the reasons applied to the review. I replied asking what I did wrong, what was the violation.

After a month with no reply I sent another request then I noticed that a review that I made and was approved was taken down. After 3 emails and a call to customer service I finally received a reply in the form of a premade response. Several more email requests and 4 more reviews being approved and removed. Each time that I was able to get a reply it was the same premade response also saying that they weren’t going do anything.

Now after 12 emails and calls all of my reviews were removed and I’m am blocked from posting any more. I guess asking for help or information must have upset someone. After 5 months I still have not received an explanation as to what was wrong with the post that violated something. I guess that it’s beyond their capabilities to actually look into a problem and give an answer. I have the impression that all that they are able to do is ignore requests, sent out premade responses when they have to and destroy people's work if they have the audacity to keep asking for an answer or help. I have been a customer of Amazon for around 15 plus years and this has left a very bitter impression as to how Amazon works now. Too bad they don’t care about their long term customers.

Amazon.com Company Information