Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.96/5
Based on 4,786 ratings submitted in the last year

5587 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have been ordering from Amazon for over 10 years and FedEx was the best delivery service. Since Amazon started using its own delivery services I have called at least 5 times this year to report that my packages were delivered to the wrong address. I have put detailed notes in the delivery instructions about what the front area of my apartment looks like to help them identify my apartment unit door. The drivers aren't reading the instructions at all. Fortunately they take pictures to show proof that they delivered the product. This the proof I use when I call customer service to show it's the wrong apartment unit. I order online from many companies but Amazon is the only company who delivers my packages to the wrong address and consistently.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have been using Amazon India since 5-odd years. Overall I am very satisfied by their service EXCEPT for the issue relating to "fake" products or products "not as advertised" which compromise about 90% of my returns, the remaining 10% due to transport issues which have since been fixed after I wrote and complained to Jeff a few times. The problem with fake/fraudulent products is that often the fraud comes to light only after usage and lapse of the returns period, which in India is 10 days. To illustrate, I purchased an auto-ignition gas stove portrayed by merchant as having brass burners. But after (light) usage the burner turned black, i.e. not of brass but of iron. Have raised the matter for return and refund... I am sure Amazon will do the needful as they have done in past BUT after considerable correspondence and effort. Other than this LONG LIVE AMAZON.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Amazon get hacked card numbers stolen and used, when new numbers put in they stolen within 2 days. Then emails from fake Amazon to put in new numbers to pay annual subscription. After second email talk to Amazon again about problem denied card ever being stolen, would not let talk to a higher up supervisor or to the fraud unit. Their attitude is it is not their problem. Anyone using Amazon use prepaid cards and don't have any more money on them than that you can afford to lose.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I bought a Fire 8 tablet for my 7 year old granddaughter for Xmas, and for well in excess of 3 months, despite trying all the "fixes" stated by their Customer services, the device will not even turn on. This device is supposed to have a 2 year "no quibble" warranty, which despite just trying to get a replacement, as I am the purchaser, and bought it through my account, they keep sending contradicting emails, stating they are going to replace it & then days later when I comply with their request as to where it's to be sent to change their minds, and start stating data protection laws.

Amazon have broken UK laws & UK consumer laws, firstly they have allowed/coerced a minor into opening an account with them, without either parental consent or authority, then they refuse to honour a binding 2 year warranty, trying to hide behind UK laws, while blatantly breaking UK laws. They can't have it both ways and I suggest everyone to boycott Amazon products, AS THEY DO NOT HONOUR THEIR OWN WARRANTIES, WHILE TOTALLY FAILING IN SUPPLYING CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

This review isn't for a product but for Amazon's shipping practices. I am an avid user of Amazon (I may not be for much longer). I have placed 109 orders in 2019 and 149 in 2018. I have recently had issues receiving my goods. I regularly receive items at two addresses and have had issues at both. I have been trying to avoid Amazon due to so many issues with shipping but I live 30 miles from civilization (my town has 4000 people and no stop lights). This is it... I ordered a bicycle for my son's 10th birthday. Leave it up to Amazon to botch this one simple thing!!! I have had issues with 12 of my last 15 orders. All of my issues have been directly associated with Amazon's courier services. Anytime my package ships direct with UPS, USPS, or FedEx I have no issues. This time the package was lost when being transferred from Amazon to USPS. Amazon has done very well in hiding all of the issues they are having satisfying their shipping promises.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I ordered a product through Amazon and I paid extra for 2 day shipping because I do not have Prime..Today makes day 3 and still waiting on my delivery..Customer service is even worse, contacted them. They can't tell me where my package is or when it will be delivered. They will me to wait a couple more days for the delivery. CUSTOMER SERVICE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY OR YOU AS A CUSTOMER. I'll try ebay from now on.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

They either lie about where they left your package or never come down the drive way and leave it. I have left detailed instructions where and how to get to my house, and where and how to leave my package. They are lazy and don't care about their job. Since they have started using their own delivery service things have gone down hill very fast. IF I get this last order I am going to drop my Prime membership as it isn't doing anything for me if I am paying for something I am not getting.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I needed to change my e-mail address since I no longer had access to my original e-mail address. In order to login to my account, Amazon's login sent me a one time password (OTP) to the e-mail address that I could not access. I called their customer service, (yes, there is a number you can call 1-866-216-1072), and explained my problem. Instead of asking the usual security information to verify it was me, they wanted to know the date of my recent order and the payment information for it. If Amazon would let me login the way I have been logging in for over 15+ years, I could change the contact information myself.

If I could access my account I would be able to verify the date of my recent shipment. Since I can no longer access my Amazon account, I guess they will eventually lose me as a customer. On a side note, their customer service is not based in the US, of it is, Amazon has made a conscious effort to find people that speak English with an accent so thick, that they cannot be understood. Be prepared to speak to someone that you may not be able to understand.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Sometimes I get the message, "You have won one such and such prize!", "Redeem your prize reward!" Uh...No! Wrong answer! Those malware links could end you up with exploited software and some hijacked browser. Do not click on the redeem button! Sometimes the message could be caused by some dangerous malware infected apps. The Amazon redirect popup drives me crazy on my android phone and my computer! That's why you shouldn't purchase merchandise and download apps for free or for any unreasonable price, including that the Amazon prize rewards are not real.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I LOVE my Prime membership but have recently been very disappointed with the lack of timely delivery! When I purchase an item with guaranteed next day delivery I expect it to be on time. Unfortunately, 2 of my last 3 orders were 2 days late causing me to have to run out for last minute purchases! Amazon Prime used to be very reliable! Soooo... buyer beware if you're purchasing something on a tight timetable...

Amazon.com Company Information