2. Shopping

Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5
Based on 2,502 ratings submitted in the last year
Sign up for a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime! *
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I recently purchased a cell phone off of Amazon, seller is Bewinner. When I received the phone I realized it does not work in this country, the diagram to insert the SIM card is opposite to ours, it did not say that in the description. My return was approved, 30 days later I check. My return was never issued, I checked the tracking number. The package was never claimed, for some reason they did not want it back. I am out $116 for the phone, $25 to send the package back. Amazon did nothing, wants me to spend more money to send the phone back again. This has to stop, You want to see something interesting go to scam sellers.com and enter Bewinner, this site keeps track of fraudulent sellers on amazon. Bewinner has 172 complaints and it says Amazon knew about it. Money is too precious to waste, do not take a chance. Go elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I placed multiple orders from this company for my kids for Christmas this year and I live in a townhome that is open view for others to steal the pkg if left at my front door to be seen. I constantly advise to place my order in a certain area not as visible for someone to take so I get an alert from Amazon and when I get home from running to the store my pkgs are gone and one delivery states handed to customer. How the hell you handed to customer when I was not home? Who did you handed to. I checked my neighbor. They did have it or see anything and so I speak to Amazon and they tell me they can’t help me at all. No refund or anything. What the hell is this mess? So I pay my money and I don’t get anything back from it wow.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

For the last 6 months Amazon has been terrible. Their once wonderful customer service sucks today. Just a few of the problems. Delivery persons in southwest Florida Throw you packages and ruined my garden. I have an enclosed screened front porch but their delivery people are so lazy. I called and made a complaint after 5 or 6 times with the throwing. They said sorry and would reimburse me for my garden (I sent pictures). Well that was 4 months ago and nothing. Then on Tuesday they lost my account and told me a specialist would call within 24 hours to help me out. Well you guessed it no call over 48 hours later. I’m done with their poor customer service and do nothing response. Amazon Sucks.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

i have been a Prime customer for many years. 2 weeks ago I placed an order for 21.00. Hours later I received notification from my bank about 3 addtl charges. I told them they were fraudulent. Contacted Amazon, they cancelled the orders and they were never delivered. Saturday I received 3 emails requesting payment for orders. I responded that orders were fraudulent and cancelled. I didn't owe. I received additional emails, I called, spent 45 mins for someone to tell me it's resolved. Today I am unable to get into my account, it's locked!! I contacted a Supv in customer service, no help. Says it may take 30 days to resolve. They allowed someone to hack my account and make the purchases. Now I have no relief. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT AMAZON AGAIN.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

I have had several packages delivered to the wrong address and have to go searching for them based on the photos provided. With my most recent purchase of two items they were delivered to the neighbor across the street. When I went to look for the package it was not there and I have been unable to contact the neighbor but most likely stolen as it was out in the open and near the sidewalk. I have house numbers placed in three different areas on my house so the drivers are either not paying attention, cannot read, or just don't care. I now have to wait days for resolution on products I bought that were delivered to the wrong address. Even the customer service representative could see they were delivered to the wrong address. Amazon needs to do something about some of their unreliable drivers.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

I am disgusted by Amazon's customer service. I have been a faithful customer of Amazon, a prime member for over ten years. I have made over thousands of dollars in purchases throughout those years. Recently, I purchased a refurbished Macbook Air and returned it within the return window. After waiting over a week for a refund and tracking the item to ensure it was delivered, I contacted Amazon customer care. I was informed to call back and to wait up to five business days.

After waiting more than five business days, I called again and was told that the item was scanned wrong and they apologized and I would receive my 900.00 within three to five days. Later, that same day, I received another email stating that I returned a different computer and would not receive a refund until the correct item was returned! Shocked, I called them back and spoke to a supervisor that said that the return center closed my refund request and that he is sending a request for an investigation which would take another 3-5 days. I asked them why they did not verify the serial number and where were the pictures. He said they usually dispose of items.

Flabergasted, I waited the five days, did not hear anything, so contacted them again. This time I spoke to someone in the "investigation" team who stated that he read the notes and they will not issue me a refund until I return the correct item!!!! I asked him to return the laptop to me then, he said that it was disposed of. I have now contacted my bank who will do their own investigation.. Apple said they can track the laptop, but I need the serial number in which Amazon will not provide.

Beware of returning pricey items to this company. It is disgusting considering they are a multi-billion dollar company. Take pictures, record all relevant information, and film the drop off when returning any item to a postal centre for your record! I was due a refund since the beginning of November and have not received a cent, meanwhile they have the computer and my money. Someone stole it from the return centre!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

On Amazon I was looking for Lil' Soups for my babies, usually they are 1$ each for a little cup or $9.99. Found a box of 9 in the store. Sometimes they are on sale on Amazon for 8.77$ so I keep watching for them. I just found a box of 18 lil cups for $97.45.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I have been using Amazon for the past 3 years. If you have the prime you get your order within 48 hours which is great. However, I found their stuff are more expensive than other stores and all the negative reviews are not accepted. The reviews are misleading because they simply do not accept any negative review. Therefore I won't use their service anymore.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I've used Amazon for years - always had good luck. But. for the past few months they've been promising - on the checkout page - delivery of items in 1-2 days and it NEVER happens. For the last 4-5 months, whatever date they give at checkout, items are ALWAYS at least 2-3 days later and often 5 days. I know, COVID, volume, etc. etc. All I ask is a little honesty and realism! all they have to do is look at records to see that almost all orders - including Prime - are really taking 4-6 days for delivery (especially thru USPS and UPS). So why keep telling customers delivery is in 1-2 days? BE HONEST - you have the data that shows it's not true! Better to under-promise and over-perform! Sooner or later someone is going to do to you what Parler is doing to Twitter. At this point, Walmart and others are more reliably accurate than delivery dates on Amazon.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Amazon offers poor customer service. I had ordered a generator on their website. Amazon indicated that the product had shipped. The warehouse sent me an email which stated "Item is out of stock. Please return it". I have no idea how I was supposed to return an item that I never received. Although I contacted Amazon, they refused to do anything because the order was with one of their 3rd party sellers. The seller did not provide the product but they did charge my credit card. After spending the day fighting with the seller, I finally receive an email stating, "Your refund has been cancelled". I have no idea how a refund that wasn't issue was cancelled. I'm not sure if the order has been cancelled or refund was issued. Amazon needs to help resolve this issue instead of doing nothing.

Amazon.com Company Information