2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

4.1/5 (4594 ratings)

About Amazon.com

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I have shopped on Amazon for years, and spend quite a bit of money monthly on their products. I pay for prime, for the 2 day free shipping. In the past 2 years, this has become a joke. I NEVER receive my items in 2 days, in fact I rarely receive them in a week. Some of them take 2 weeks. I have recently been ordering more from Walmart because I receive my items in 2 days (free shipping), and no extra fee. I have complained 2 different times and nothing has been done. If they can't get items shipped in a reasonable time, they shouldn't charge $130/year for free 2 day shipping. I've also received the wrong items a couple of times in the past few months, then I get to go to UPS - 30 minutes away - to return. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I purchased a product on Amazon for $495.00 and 3 days later I just happened to look at it again and the price had dropped $75.00, I called the support line and was told only that they do not do price guaranties! But not that I could return it for reason: 'better price elsewhere'. I was very disappointed as honoring price change refunds within 3 days of purchase is generally the norm at local retailers I deal with. So I decided that I would just return it and go buy it locally to not support this unfair practice and when I saw that there was an option to return it because: 'better price elsewhere' I took that option for the return. Amazon makes you pay the shipping when you return something for the reason 'better price elsewhere'. This cost me $18.53.

After trying to find the item locally with no luck I decided to just go back to Amazon and purchase the item again for the much better price. So the lesson for me is that Amazon won't tell of this option when you inquire, but it is there, I sent the item back and that cost me a little but the better price more than made up the difference and I laugh now about how expensive this has to be for Amazon to handle the return item and the new shipping labels all over it, get it back into their supply chain and to send me another item, it would have saved Amazon and me much more to honor the price after 3 days and just refund the difference. This is a bad policy and a lot of people are getting ripped off due to it as Amazon will not volunteer the information about how to return the item for: 'better price elsewhere'!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I purchased a product on Amazon from a company called Ontebo with the order fulfilled by Amazon. I returned the item as it wasn't what I expected according to the description but after the purchase I received a letter in the mail from the seller. It offered a $15 gift card if I submitted a 5 star review on the product. I purchased the product based on reviews that I now know were inflated which is not right.

When I submitted my review about the offer of free money for a good review Amazon would not publish it as it wasn't entirely about the product. I was only trying to warn other consumers not to trust the reviews but I guess Amazon didn't see that as a valid reason to post it. Amazon should be doing something to protect their customers from purchasing items based on reviews that have been placed because of "bribes". This is the second time buying through Amazon that I've received offers of free products or money only if I were to submit a 5 star review.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I've been a customer of Amazon for many years and have never had any issues with delivery. As of November 1st all of my packages are being delivered to the wrong house. They have the correct address and have delivered to the correct address in the past. I have called over and over and they claim to have corrected it only to deliver to another wrong house. I am astonished that a company as big as Amazon with as many employees as they have that someone cannot get this right. And it is absolutely pointless to include delivery instructions because the drivers pay NO attention to them. Something as simple as Google Maps will bring you to my door. Jeff Bezos can find his way to space but their delivery driver can't find their way back to my house that they have already delivered to before. This is insane at this point. I am so disappointed with Amazon. PLEASE DO BETTER FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS AMAZON!!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

In my life long experiences as a buyer and seller I have never been so amazed as I have been with Amazon. I just want to thank you for all the caring efforts that have been expressed from your company. I can't even begin to list all the wonderful things that have happened while using your app. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Keep up the good no excellent work. Melanee. Love you guys.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Purchased storage Master Jumbo Vacuum bags to store comforters in May of 2021, however did not open sealed package until end of October 2021. Purchased from Amazon "Like new, but damaged package." Cardboard container came with approx 2" square hole punched thru bottom. Opened package to use jumbo bags to store freshly laundered comforter sets. Purchased electric vacuum pump to facilitate vacuum process as hand pump very difficult to use. Vacuum sealed four of eight bags; two of the bags re-inflated immediately. Bags did not hold a seal. Tried another 2 bags, neither held a seal. Tried the last two, both still sealed as of this writing. Called Amazon this date, explained circumstances, was told that 30 day window for return had passed but that I could remove sealed contents of the four working bags and return them with defective bags for a partial refund. You do the math - Amazon expects me to pay for and return defective product at cost to me.

For years I have purchased birthday, Christmas, Mother and Father's day, and Hannukah gifts and other items well in advance of holidays, expecting these items to be free of defectives or that Amazon to replace or refund as part and parcel of good customer service. No more. From this date forward I shall no longer give Amazon another cent if I can help it. Not easy as I am disabled with MS and in a wheelchair, but Walmart.com and Instacart, Anycart, and other like online services are available to me. Additionally, I am going to post this review across the web so as to warn others of Amazon's rotten customer service, beginning immediately after hitting the enter button on the instant post. Shame on you, Amazon. Shame on you. Linda B.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I have had Amazon Prime for a year now and the amount it costs for the monthly subscription is a deal for the speedy service I received on package delivery. I have had a good experience with the service.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Amazon will save complete personal details like credit card details, phone number, address, etc. without permission. I lost 55000 RS. due to a fraud transaction and Amazon said they only provide a online platform for online shopping and they are not responsible. I noticed the fraud transaction within mins and complained, but did not help. Also for fraud transactions, the order will not be listed under my orders, so you can't even cancel the order. Running around for refund even after 2 years in consumer court.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

We are a community organization in Chicago that feeds the homeless and does STEM activities to help disadvantaged youth (which also includes girls and LBGTQ) to inspire them to into STEM fields. As the children are, our future. Well, we use Amazon Pay to process payments on our website, and out the blue one day they just banned our account. Well we ended up messaging them several times and they never can give an answer to what we violated or the reason for our banning. They just kept stating we 'may' have violated. Which in the English language can mean you may have.. but also you may not have.

Well after getting nowhere for over a month we contacted the BBB. They were very helpful, but as documented Amazon again did the roundabout, saying, "You 'may' have done something." And when pressed that the media will be contacted they came back saying 'occult' violates AUP. What does that even mean? Occult just means hidden. So they're literally making up stuff and this is coming from a multi-billion dollar organization. So they have left us no choice but to let the world know what they're doing behind the scenes. Targeting community organizations which is the lowest of low. We have proof of everything stated here and all is 100% factual. Beware.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I was going through Amazon and in last one month I have ordered more than 2-3 lakhs worth things for my office from Amazon. Which includes Airconditioner, clothes, equipment’s, chairs etc. By mistake I placed a order for chair which was not actually chair but some chair covers. Which was not more than 15000 rupees. I requested Amazon to pls return or replace the product. However they refused to make any changes. I told them to check my account and see how much worth orders I have placed and this is simply 15000 worth product. But it was never done. I ordered a table and mapex drum key and table. Table was delivered but the drum key never came, I told them that I have already paid for it. However there was no response from them nor I could run behind them for 200 worth thing. After buying lakhs and lakhs of things from Amazon if they don’t have the courtesy to listen my mistake, I would say this was my worst experince with them

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

This is the piece of glass that broke the camel's toe. I ordered a product from Amazon on October 31st 2021, said it would arrive by November the 2nd 2021 and it did not arrive. It was their TV device called the Fire Stick. Can't even get a refund either. They're saying that I need to return the device for a refund. How am I gonna retutrn a device that I never recieved? Huh?! I've heard some bad things about Amazon from their workers, but what about the consumers? They should change the smiley arrow to a frowny one because they have angered this autistic grouch for the last time! If there are any investigative reporters reading this review, you have my blessing to expose Jeff Bezos for what he really is. A Scam Artist.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

We bought two electric scooters (4000W offroad) in April via Amazon. We experienced these major problems and Amazon didn't provide a full refund on these defective products:

-Amazon's A-Z claim policy is outlined to cover consumers when sellers don't honor refund policies
-late delivery
-many issues with defective batteries
-waited another two months for new scooter and another defective battery

-this company refused to provide us with a FULL refund as advertised - defective products are fully refundable and also carry one year warranty. They only returned $900 from $4600 purchase.

Their customer service is in China and you cannot call them. They are mixed up on their batteries which have a defective design flaw. The instruction manual states the batteries need charging at least once a month. Well, that's impossible when it takes two months to deliver them! The most disappointing is they lie and say they will provide a refund and do not honor their defective items. Amazon has now pulled the products from sale. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS RETAILER!!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

On Thursday, October 27th, 2021 I purchased a $100.00 gift card from Amazon.com that was supposed to be delivered on the same day along with other items. Everything else arrived except for that. On Friday 10-29-2021 I checked the tracking on Amazon, they said that they ''attempted delivery at 06:28 a.m.'' that is false because I was awake. No one rang the doorbell or knocked on the door. I've contacted customer service and I've been given the run around saying that it will be delivered on Saturday, no one delivered anything. They delivered another order that I purchased but not the gift card.

The gift card is to be given as a gift for someone else. Customer Service relayed to me each time I chatted with them via Amazon Chat that "they would arrange a report to delivery management to review the conversation and this issue for each report they receive will be investigated and the appropriate action will be taken." There has been no follow-up or when to ''truly" expect my order.

They have delivery drivers that falsely state they've attempted delivery when they have not, and what I don't understand is why they won't just didn't leave the gift card package on the porch like they've always done the previous times? Even the other gift card I purchased on Thursday they left it on the porch along with the other orders as they always do. I pay for an Amazon Prime Subscription that does not deliver, they claim that I would have my card on two specific days and it has not been delivered. I feel that they're giving me the runaround and playing games with me. All I ask is to receive what I've purchased and if unable to deliver on those promises then they should clearly state that. They have taken $100.00 from me which is for a gift card and will not deliver my item and something should be done about it.

Amazon makes fraudulent claims when it comes to paying customers receiving their packages but does not deliver. They will pretend that you will receive your items that you've ordered as promised by giving you false hopes by stating that "the order is out for delivery and you will receive your order today" then after 2 1/2- 3 days after they've gotten your hopes up with empty promises from waiting.... then they will say "we don't have any updates on the status of your order, will give you a refund." I do not want a refund, I just want my order as promised. That is Amazon's way of skirting responsibility. I used to brag about how good Amazon's customer service used to be, not anymore. The Customer Service has went downhill, and I'm not going to continue to pay for Amazon Prime that doesn't deliver on their promises, but instead recants on what was said.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Amazon has made changes to their website and removed the phone number to contact customer service. I had two issues I was trying to resolve one for a duplicate transaction for a digital purchase and a partial refund. I had to get Amazon's phone number from the credit card company in order to speak to some one. When I inquired about the phone number. The rep placed me on hold. When the rep came back on the line I was told Amazon removed the phone number and to use the link for help. The only problem is the help link puts you in a never ending loop.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

Buyer Fraud has infested Amazon in 2021. Amazon does nothing to help Sellers except turn a Blind eye and make mistake after mistake, Granted, Appeal Denied, over and over A-Z claims and Seller Performance has become an absolute joke. After 10 Years of working extremely hard to maintain near perfect performance, it has been destroyed in a few months in 2021 by repeated Buyer Fraud that they are not doing a good job of controlling and they won't accept USPS tracking and have continuously taken money from me due to fraudulent A-Z claims.

Their phone and message customer service is Terrible and helps with absolutely nothing and refuses to do anything now as of 2021. If you sell on Amazon expect to get repeatedly screwed over with no help from Amazon and expect to give away a lot of items for free while Amazon turns their head and acts ignorant about what is going on while they throw you to the pack of Wolves that are going to get a free item at your expense.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Amazon customer service has come crashing down. They have farmed it out to the underpaid and untrained. They have stopped providing return labels. The returns do not make it back to Amazon. They get mixed up and lost and then Amazon blames the customer. They get nasty and threaten to recharge you for the returns they have lost. They have accused me several times of sending back the wrong thing. It's funny how I never sent back the wrong thing when they provided labels. Never again. I'm almost finished deleting everything. I do not have time to waste my life on this garbage. I have spent so much money on Amazon, for decades. I am so angry and offended from the way I am being treated by Amazon. I feel as if I was violently attacked and left in the street.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I used Amazon as always to send a package that was a gift for a friend. I rarely have issues outside of an occasional rep not knowing what they’re doing when they try to help you, or a postman is in over his head around the holidays. My problem here is Amazon using its own tracking service. It was never good and screams yes Bezos is cheap as hell and wants to fly more anatomically shaped rockets into space. The problem is you cannot track any item shipped by them all of a sudden. Their tracking app says you need to log in. It says go track it from any app or site associated with them. You do that and there’s nothing but what you already know on your order's page. This is shady big time and incompetent.

I asked several agents to locate the package or merely give me updates through text or update their info. I cannot even find it on any site that says they have their info. This is unlike any normal carrier service. At least let me see current statuses of the package. This is normal with every shipping service even the pathetic DHL or UPSMI. Regarding logistics or parcels app they redirect you to the Amazon site. Useless and obvious misdirection because they don’t update packages anymore or dont know how to properly set up a tracking website or app.

Each agent either misled me about this or didn’t know themselves. Two outright lied to me and another was as confused as me being why he issues me a refund because he knew it would be late. This never happened before, even with their crappy personal shipping. In the past, I was able to track even their packages on a site but now nothing. USPS and UPS which they usually use fine as usual tracking wise save for an occasional non updated scan but info is up. Here you get a tracking number vaguely saying shipped from Amazon and that’s it. No status updates of where if is, nor updates you can receive. Nada.

This needs to stop and is quite alarming. I was issued a refund that was quickly rescinded by another agent who conveniently said the other agent was at fault and gave me a promotional credit only because of the other agent caring and feeling bad for the mess. He said it’s out for delivery so all you can get is a courtesy credit. Tracking says nothing but shipped by Amazon and shipped. No updates? Out for delivery nada on their useless order page. Was fine before when using USPS or UPS but with their shipping info you get jack except what anyone would know in their standard order page that now conveniently is never updated. Why?

Essentially, It’s now lost when it was supposed to be delivered Friday and they say Sunday now but do not know where it is and won’t even let you attempt to find it. Unacceptable and shady. Another misleading agent covering up for their horrendous personal shipping and now it says on my order page hours after his lying messages that if one wants a refund do it on Sunday if it doesn’t arrive. In other words, they seemingly already know it’s lost.

Thankfully I received promotional credit but a gift for my friend on her birthday. Being delivered evidently is impossible now even when ordered 4 days before it was to be delivered that day. Fix this mess and next time use USPS or UPS like the rest of us do. Logistics or whatever you used (which you don’t even exactly know or will not say) is a disaster. My one star is for the agent that issued the refund because he knew they messed up. Total disaster and feels like a sign of things to come. For Xmas, order early and pray.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I trusted buying from Amazon, but No More! I purchased an "Outdoor Furniture" set from a third party vendor, Phi **. After a few months the table started blistering and the chairs were leaking a rusty discharge after rains. Contacted Amazon, no help! Vendor offered $40 for table because it was still usable in their opinion. Replacement parts for chairs. Here’s the Big Problem, it is not outdoor furniture as advertised. It is rusting from the inside out. I paid almost $1300 and now I am stuck with a rust bucket.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

What good does it do to pay $125 a year for AMAZON PRIME when its main purpose is for quicker shipping only to discover that you get lied to as to when you may or may not receive your items? I don’t get it! I’ve had deliveries that were supposed to be delivered and then they are delayed sometimes 2 and 3 days. This is NOT right!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I have used Amazon for the majority of my shopping for years, I am impressed with the prices and shipping, but when I have a return, the majority of the time I end up having to spend hours of my time repeating myself because they never save details of the call, which makes me have to look up the order number over and over and explain the problem multiple times. It gets worse, the language barrier is so bad, I can't understand them or vice versa, causing me to give up most of the time. The automatic computer "help" is the worst I've ever seen. I have dreams of destroying the computer ala "office space".

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Unfortunately, with the pandemic, there are a shortage of drivers and workers, that being said, the last few things I have ordered have all been late, had to be canceled or reshipped. I would rather have a 5 day guarantee than a next day or 2 day since everything seems to be delayed. When we are offered guarantees and are paying for a Prime account I think, given all the circumstances in the world right now Amazon should re-evaluate the guaranteed delivery time.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I’ve been a long time buyer from Amazon and I have never once had such a horrible experience with customer service! I purchased a gaming PC in January from a 3rd party seller that I later learned was damaged. Contacted the seller and the manufacturer and never got any responses so I contact a rep to request a partial refund acknowledging that I was past the 30 window. The rep approved the request and sent me the label and the shipping instructions. Seller tries to deny it stating they’d send the pc back if attempted.

Pc gets sent back while I’m at work and is received on the 9th of September. It is now October 11th and the seller has not issued a refund or returned the PC like they said they would. I Contacted the seller and another rep who told me that I could file a claim and receive a partial refund if the seller didn’t respond. They even offer a refund from another order as compensation.

When they didn’t respond two days later, I contact another rep and ask to go ahead with that claim like the other one stated. They tell me that I can’t because it’s past the 90 day mark and tell me that regardless I shouldn’t have sent the item back. So that warrants me losing $565 AND the item that I paid for, even though I received authorization to do so? Okay. I told her that the first rep that I spoke to told me that I could which she doesn’t acknowledge. She tells me that all she can do is email the seller and ask them to either refund me or return the PC. I ask her what my options will be if they don’t, and she says “there are none. There’s nothing you can do because you shouldn’t have sent the item back”. It’s been four days and like I predicted, no response from the seller. I’m not even sure she actually emailed them. At this point, I’m sick of being given the run around.

And I find it funny that ANY time I try to bring up or question why I was given approval by other reps, or ask why and how the refund request got approved, also by an Amazon rep, if I was never allowed to do so, nobody wants to answer the question or acknowledge what the previous reps said. They’re fully aware that they’re scamming people and it’s honestly disgusting. Once I get this resolved, I’ll be sure to delete my account and never make another purchase from their site again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I ordered water purifier from Amazon, and when installation guy opened the package it was like full of scratches and missing parts. I have immediately call customer care, and they are not ready to replace or return the product.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I have been shopping on Amazon since 2012 and have enjoyed shopping there until now. Amazon recently informed me that there were unusual activity* regarding my reviews and they would remove them. I then contacted Amazon and asked them to clarify and give me more details as I was absolutely dumbfounded by their accusations. Like most Amazon customers, we write product reviews just to help others to make informed purchase decisions.

To my surprise, they refused to provide any specific information and seemed to escalate the situation further. They replied: ‘As a result of your inquiry regarding this action, we reviewed this case and our decision thoroughly and have come to the same conclusion. We will not restore this account's ability to contribute with Community content.’ What it meant was they removed all my previous reviews and banned any future ones. What really disturbs me is Amazon accusing me of wrongdoing and violating their community guidelines that I had no idea about but refused to provide any evidence or information.

I then appealed my case again and sure enough they sent me this: ‘The email you received on 09-29-2021 was sent to you in error. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.’ They said they would restore my account's previously contributed reviews but as of this moment they haven’t done that. I am truly shocked by Amazon’s ‘strong arm’ approach that they could accuse anyone without providing any specific details, even though they weren’t sharing any information with other parties but me. This incident has caused a lot of confusion and frustration on my part. Customers who take the time to write reviews deserve better treatment than aggressive form letters sent out by what seems to be a robotic customer service centre.

Anyway, I am done with writing Amazon reviews and will better make use of my time.

* What does unusual activity mean?
-- Elements of the account indicate a relationship with sellers, publishers, or other reviewers on the reviewed products.
-- Reviews and ratings were posted in exchange for compensation, such as gift cards, product refunds, review swaps, or free or discounted products.
-- The account requested free or discounted products in exchange for reviews and ratings.
-- The account was created for the primary purpose of writing reviews and ratings that violates our policies.

-- An unauthorized party may have accessed this account to write reviews and ratings.

Note. Amazon has a program called Vine Customer Review of Free Product which the vendors provide people with free products through Amazon (eg. Sony X90J 65” tv retail for $1898 ca) to write an honest review. Guess what? 99.99% of the time people write four/five star reviews for free products. It looks to me Amazon is breaking their own rules by giving free products to customers in exchange of positive reviews. Shady business? You tell me.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

İt is hard to complete shopping, delivery dates are confusing. There is no bold information about which products will be supplied from abroad. Also UX is complicated. Too many words and text around...

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

This makes the 3rd time in just about a month that I have ordered from Amazon and given a delivery time only to go check the status and find it has been changed. The benefits you pay for by having Amazon Prime are untrue. You pick your delivery date and they get it to you when they want and then you are expected to wait at home all day to get your order because they just leave it at the door. Amazon Prime isn't worth it, and calling customer service isn't any better. Just excuses after excuses. Walmart's version of prime works much much better and I get my stuff when they say I will or they contact me to let me know why there will be a delay instead of just changing it online and you happen to see it if you check otherwise you don't know they have changed it on you. Worst customer service ever!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Amazon cheats and steals our money by selling defective items and giving us hard time to return. Buying from any store is 100% better than wasting time on Amazon. Amazon is just a broker. Collects fees from sellers and the sellers can sell any garbage and as long as Amazon gets the fees who cares. Don’t buy from Amazon.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I've been shopping with Amazon for about 10 years. Most of the time, I receive my order by the delivery date. Of late, I've experienced unfilled orders, late deliveries and once, I never received the purchase. Amazon refunded my purchase in the form of a gift card. I was given an option of gift card or refund my credit card. I chose gift card because it would've taken several days to receive the credit back to my card. Normally, if Amazon delivers the purchase, everything is fine. However, if they use a third-party shipper, i.e. DHL, FedEx, I might get it about a week to 2 weeks after ordering. Overall, I will continue to use Amazon. I use them mainly because they have products that I can't find anywhere else and a better prices. As a prime member, shipping is free. Years ago I would recommend Amazon to anyone. Now, I'm not too sure. Customer Service should be improved.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I purchased 2 sets of bracelets on Amazon from 3rd party seller advertised weight 66 grams, both ONLY weighed 45 grams and they allowed seller to keep my money and change description to 45 gms. LOUSY!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

These days anything you buy from Amazon comes from a 3rd party and this is how amazon plays the games of no returns or credits, amazon started good, but now, they have to pay for Jeff out of space ideas!!!

Amazon.com Company Information