3.05/5
Based on 2,040 ratings submitted in the last year

2894 1-800-Flowers.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I received a bouquet of flowers from my work for my Father's funeral, FedEx delivered it while we were at the visitation. The delivery guy didn't leave a ticket on a window to let me know they were there and I wasn't aware they were sending it. I found them a week later on my front porch and this was the first of August. I chatted with FedEx and they pushed it off on 1-800-Flowers, so I tried them and they made it right! I can't believe how sympathetic and supportive they were! They were awesome! I'm getting some more flowers to replace them and I know when they are coming this time. So 10 stars for 1-800-Flowers and 0 stars for FedEx. I will order from 1-800-FLOWERS from now on!!! Thank you so very much! It meant a great deal to me!

Original review: June 25, 2019

Part 1. Mother's Day, ordered a crystal rose to be sent to my Mother and unfortunately it arrived broken. Called customer service and it was handled without a hitch. (Sorry I don't remember the lady's name I spoke with, but total professional.) Replacement arrived 2 days later. Even had the same personalized card I had written. Way to pay attention.

Part 2. Mother's birthday a few weeks later, ordered the flower arrangement that looks like a cake. I had never seen this before and thought it was a nice way to display them considering it was her birthday. SCORE! Mom said they were absolutely gorgeous. I received constant notices on the progress and delivery as requested. Their systems works, and works better than a lot of businesses I have dealt with online. 1-800-Flowers, you have a customer for life. Thanks.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2019

So my best friend was recently dumped by her boyfriend so I wanted to send her flowers to cheer her up. I placed my order Friday before Memorial Day weekend and on Saturday received a call telling me the florist was closed for the holidays. They offered me 50% off which was very generous if I let them deliver it Tuesday after the holiday. So I agreed of course. I got an expensive one for her so half off was awesome and she’d still get them. Come Tuesday nothing got delivered and I received a call. They told me the florist didn’t have the flowers/arrangement I had ordered so they needed to push it to Thursday. I was disappointed but then they offered to throw in a free plush stuffed animal. Although there were hiccups mostly because of the holiday I was very happy with how 1-800-Flowers did their best to make me happy and keep me a continuous using customer. She got them today and needless to say she LOVED them.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Order process is simple and transparent. Offers a fairly large variety and selection of flowers and combinations of gifts plus flowers. Delivery is ALWAYS exactly on time... Never missed. Flower recipients have always been extremely pleased with the flower quality, beauty, and appearance. When ordered, the vases were always gorgeous and impressive, while helping to display the flowers in a beautiful way. 1-800-Flowers is my go to source whenever I want top quality with fine and dependable delivery. The prices are comparable to others. Discounts and sales are available from time to time, so there are also money-savings from time to time as well. Given all the positives, this company is well worth doing business with.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

My YorkiePoo (Fred) had eye surgery and had just turned two. My daughter who is living in Germany (work) knew I was upset with his surgery and taking care of him was taking a toll on me and the holidays were approaching and I felt down and out. She called me and told me she had something special sent to me to arrive the next day. So when I opened the door and saw flowers in the shape of my dog with holiday decor in a chimney, I could of cried. It was the most beautiful floral arrangement I have ever seen. It lasted three and a half weeks (with watering). It made my holiday one of the best. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Zero stars isn’t an option but that’s what they deserve. They hire (**) with fake American names that can not speak good English and read off a cue card. They lie and say that they fixed the problem. 3 phone calls to the stupid people and was promised delivery the same day, not only did they mess up the date, but never corrected their mistake. The flowers were never delivered, and when I finally called corporate, the only thing that came up was that I canceled the order. Not one thing was in the computer saying I had called or that there was a problem. The person from corporate was very nice and very understanding but still nothing was done. Do not use this company! Take the time to find a local florist and call them. My daughter will get flowers, they are a day late but are at least going to be delivered by a local florist in her area. No more ** dealings for me. We are in America, hire Americans!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

The flowers that were delivered to my sister were not the flowers I ordered. I sent a pictures to them and let them know I was a little upset. Right away they offered to replace them and give me a coupon towards my next order. Three days later they asked that the original bouquet be returned. I couldn’t believe they didn’t tell me this was required when they offered to replace them and why wait three days to let me know. That doesn’t make sense. Terrible customer service!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Zero rating not an option but company deserves zero stars. Ordered flowers online 3 days in advance. Got status update morning of delivery saying being prepared. Status never changed throughout day. At 6pm contacted customer service. Wasn't allowed to cancel order and was told flowers would arrive by 8pm. Never arrived. Called customer service following morning and I have allegedly been issued a refund and a $20 store credit. I'll never use the store credit because I'll NEVER order from 1-800-Flowers again but I will be monitoring for refund. Sad part is flowers were for an aunt's possible final birthday as she is in the final stages of lung failure. Thanks a lot 1-800-Flowers!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Ordered a Birthday cake flowers several weeks ago for delivery today. It is 6:45PM and no flowers yet. The birthday will be over before the flowers get here. The service reps were not helpful at all, telling me they aren't late until 8PM. This is my last purchase from them!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I had previously had a bad experience with this company last year but decided to give them a try again, thinking it may have been an isolated incident. Last year, I ordered my mother's birthday flowers to be delivered the day before her birthday, and she did not receive them until 7pm on the night of her actual birthday. I had paid an extra $20 for the delivery. This experience today, I had ordered flowers on behalf of my 14 year old son to send to his grandmother's funeral. I paid $18 delivery (total $55 for arrangement) to be delivered the day BEFORE the funeral to make sure they wouldn't arrive late. Not only did they not arrive the day before, they never arrived the day of, NOT AT ALL.

When I called customer service, they stated that there were no local florists that worked with their company. I received no call, no email, nothing to let me know so that I could order somewhere else. The lady on the phone said she could try to send tomorrow!!! I said, "The funeral is over, his grandmother is buried... Why would you send them to the funeral home the day after!?!?" They claimed they will give me a refund after I lost my mind on them.. We shall see. I will never use them again.

1-800-Flowers.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business since 1976, 1-800-Flowers sells a wide variety of gifts, including gift baskets, keepsakes and bouquets. The company offers standard bouquets and bouquets with fair-trade flowers that can be scheduled for same-day delivery or delivery at a later time.

• Same-day delivery: 1-800-Flowers offers a same-day service. Consumers enter the recipient’s zip code to see all the available bouquets.

• Seasonal arrangements: For home or the office, seasonal decorations are a must. Expect to see spring blooms, pumpkins, evergreens and more as the seasons turn.

• Shop by occasion: Unless you are a floral enthusiast, it can be difficult to tell what bouquet is suitable for which occasion. 1-800-Flowers takes away all the guesswork by breaking down its arrangements into convenient categories.

• Personalize gifts: Sending flowers can feel a little impersonal, but not when they come with an engraved candle holder or embroidered teddy bear.

• Go beyond flowers: While it has tons of lovely arrangements, it also offers a selection of keepsake gifts, from wine sets to picture frames.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs