3.7/5 (790 ratings)

About 1-800-Flowers.com

1-800-Flowers has been in the business of handcrafting flower arrangements, gift baskets, gourmet food items, keepsakes, household plants and home goods since the early 1980s. It was the first company to use a toll-free number for flower orders. 1-800-Flowers specializes in fresh flower bouquets, corporate gifts, flower arrangements for funerals, weddings and large special events.

Pros

• Long-lasting
  • Extensive selection
  • Can order through local florists

Cons

• Shipping charges can be high
  • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

1-800-Flowers has been a trusted flower delivery service for nearly 40 years. It offers a wide selection of flowers, gifts and gourmet gift baskets with same-day delivery options.

Top 1-800-Flowers.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The flowers were beautiful and stayed so fresh. My MIL sent me pictures of them every day for 16 days before they started to wilt. She was delight and so were we. It was certainly...

Verified

The service is great! If you have a question about arrangements or can't decide what's best for your loved one, one of the reps have the needed experience to help. I ordered an ap...

How does 1-800-Flowers work?

1-800-Flowers makes it easy to browse floral arrangements and gift baskets, customize products and order online. Most fresh flower arrangements can be ordered in various sizes, ranging from small to extra large. At checkout, you have the option to add a digital movie to the purchase for the recipient. You can also add balloons, gourmet chocolates, candy pretzels and stuffed animals to your order.

Some of its most popular bouquets and floral arrangements include:

• Fields of Europe Summer Bouquet with sunflowers or similar blooms, blue delphinium, yellow daisy poms, green button poms and purple statice ($39 to $69)
  • Lavender Garden Bouquet with white roses, lavender daisy poms, Peruvian lilies (alstroemeria) and lavender carnations ($45 to $55)
  • Blooming Love Bouquet with either 18 or 21 hand-cut red roses ($65 to $85)
  • Ocean Breeze Orchids with 10 stems of dendrobium orchids ($50 to $82)

1-800-Flowers has floral arrangements for every occasion and “just because.” Along with flowers, customers can order themed gift baskets such as:

• Snacks and Sweets Gift Basket
  • Simply Chocolate Gift Basket
  • Summer Fresh Fruit Basket
  • Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Birthday Cake
  • Savory Snack Crate
  • Magical Unicorn Truffle Cake Pops
  • Fruitful Harvest Dried Fruit and Nut Crate

For customers looking for a keepsake gift, 1-800-Flowers has a large inventory of gifts and trinkets for almost every budget. Some of the most popular keepsake gifts available include friendship candles, giant teddy bears, robes, aromatherapy gifts, birdhouses, wind chimes, jewelry and picture frames. Keepsakes range from $20 to $250.

1-800-Flowers prices

1-800-Flowers has flowers and gifts at a variety of price points. The average cost for a bouquet of birthday flowers is $50, and funeral wreaths and arrangements for services range between $49 and $300. Elegant vases with two dozen hand-cut red roses are $66, and sorbet roses range from $39 to $66.

Along with a custom bouquet, customers can add extras onto their orders. Some of these extras include:

• Balloons: $6 per balloon
  • Gourmet chocolates: $15 to $20
  • Teddy bear plush: $20
  • Candy bar pretzels: $32
  • Godiva Gold Ballotin: $50
  • Enticing Fruit and Sweets Gift Box: $45

At checkout, customers may notice a shipping and service charge. Both fees vary depending on the size of the order. There is a $2.99 surcharge for same-day delivery, and the standard service charge for an order between $60 and $100 is $15. Shipping costs for an order between $80 and $100 is $20.

1-800 Flowers FAQ

Does 1-800-Flowers use local florists?

Yes. To ensure quick delivery and ultimate freshness, 1-800-Flowers works with local florists in your area.

Will 1-800-Flowers leave your flowers at the door?

If no one is at home for the delivery, the flowers are left with a neighbor or at a safe place near the home.

What time does 1-800-Flowers usually deliver?

Normally, delivery times are between 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the recipient's time zone.

Can I cancel my 1-800-Flowers order?

If your order is en route or has already been delivered, it can’t be canceled. If your order is for a future date, you can call or email to cancel.

Does 1-800-Flowers deliver on Sundays?

Yes. Certain flower arrangements can be delivered on Sundays for a $2.99 surcharge.

Is 1-800-Flowers legit?

1-800-Flowers has been around for decades because of its extensive selection of flowers and gifts. It has received positive reviews for having high-quality products and exceptional customer service. 1-800-Flowers offers same-day delivery and fresh flowers and gifts for every budget.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: June 17, 2022

I would not recommend anyone to use them, since last Saturday I have been trying to get flowers delivered to someone who has recently lost a family member. The first time they claim they could not deliver to the home, and the second time they could not locate the funeral home, which is a very popular funeral home in the area. So I spoke to customer service and gave them the information on the day of service so the flowers can be delivered on that day. The florist then says that, "The church was closed on the day of the service. Can we deliver somewhere else"!!!! I am so upset the flowers were never delivered and I am still waiting for a full refund. Please do not believe the reviews or the hype.

Original review: June 4, 2022

Shame on this company. If I could rate it a zero star I would. We ordered flowers to be delivered for a funeral. I got several confirmations that it would be delivered. One hour AFTER the funeral service, we got a call saying they were not able to complete the order. When I called to find out why, they told me the florist didn't have the flowers in stock. WHAT?! Why wait until after the fact to let me know! I am so sick about this. This can never be undone. DO NOT USE 1-800-Flowers!! I will use local businesses only from now on!!

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2022

This florist has the worst customer service. I never received my $115.00 flower arrangement. I called them at 3 pm after checking status online about my order and their site said the order was delivered. Not true, we never got our arrangement. Speaking with customer service, they said the arrangement was out for delivery without even calling the florist they assigned to deliver. All lies. This company is not trustworthy

Original review: May 25, 2022

DO NOT order flowers from this site. They prey on people desperate for holidays. I purchased roses for my mom and wife for mother's day. Price seemed fair, until you get to shipping. Shipping cost $30 (almost the price of the flowers). Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere, this site is a rip-off and will take as much money from you as they can during holidays.

Original review: May 19, 2022

I tried this company TEN YEARS AGO and had a horrible experience, swore I would never do it again, but I thought they may have gotten their services in order by now and ordered an arrangement for my mother's 60th birthday. If you choose not to read any further just let me tell you, by any means possible, do not trust this company to fulfill your order how you paid for it to be or be refunded for a terrible experience. Do not go thru them. Save yourself the grief.

But, let me start off by stating I ordered a $72 ARRANGEMENT WITH 2 DIFFERENT COLORED ROSES. Understanding that if roses are not available (what flower shop in the history of the USA does not have roses in the month of May), a flower of EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE would be used instead. I also ordered a box of chocolates and a mylar balloon, a rushed delivery before noon, all totaling out to $97. First off, the driver did not even follow the instructions on drop off location, they were placed in the wrong office to a random person that was not my mother, WITHOUT the chocolates or balloon. Thankfully my mother has been at her practice for 40 years and everyone in the building knows her, so the employee on the first floor delivered them up to her on the third floor - what I paid this company to do.

Next, my mother receives daisies, baby's breath and other low-grade flowers I could have picked from my backyard instead of the multiple colored arrangement of ALL ROSES I picked out. No chocolates, no balloons, no hand delivery from the company. I am aggravated, but not extremely mad at this point. I get in touch with customer service via email like they recommend you do if anything is wrong. I tell them my horrible experience, they tell me I'll be reimbursed for the chocolates and balloons that were not delivered. A week later I still have not received that reimbursement. I've finally received an email back saying they can offer me a measly 20% of what I paid in recognition of my disappointment towards their horrible service.

I have been in customer service for 15 years, and I would never have the audacity to keep someone's money who a. did not receive what they paid for or b. is extremely upset with the services rendered. I then call to speak with customer service to tell them my excruciating experience thus far, and they sass me, repeat that 20% is the best they can do and then hang up on me!!! I'm telling you I have not been this mad in a very long time.

This company is a bunch of crooks who scam people off their love for other people thinking they're going to have a marvelous surprise on their special day. Horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible. And coincidentally, you cannot find any way to leave Google reviews on them YET they are the first company to pop up when you search for "flower delivery near me" or any search close to that wording. THIS COMPANY IS A BUNCH OF CROOKS AND HORRIBLE HUMAN BEINGS WHO DO NOT HAVE A CLUE AS TO WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Truly abysmal company. I sent two sets of flowers for two mothers on Mother's Day. The first order made it although the photo of the orchid online and the orchid my mother in law actually received were VERY DIFFERENT, and the tiny orchid was not worth the amount spent. I also received 6 calls between 2:45am-6am and three emails about a fruit bouquet which I did not order. I called back and emailed back and no one knew of any issue. I complained on Twitter and 1-800-Flowers sent me a $20 savings code I didn't ask for, apparently in response, after an hour of chatting to follow up on my order details. And then I found out the second order of flowers to my own mother was never even delivered. 1-800-Flowers did not even tell me it wasn't delivered, I had to log in to my account to see the order was not delivered, ten days later. So my mother did not receive her flowers on Mother's Day.

When I called to see what the issue, the rep confirmed that indeed no flowers had been sent and offered either to refund or to replace the flowers and offered the same $20 savings pass for future order. Now, a replacement does not replace the flowers that should have been sent on Mother's Day, does it? It completely defeats the purpose. And why would I ever use a savings pass to ever place a future order when I don't trust the company to actually place the order?

The rep responded that they would offer a 10% discount instead - that's right, $6.00 to compensate for the hours of sleep I lost and the fact that this company had every intention of taking my money and never sending the flowers I ordered. After 20 minutes on the phone I finally just asked for a refund and the line mysteriously disconnected before the refund was even completed. I cannot imagine the millions of customers 1-800-Flowers must treat this way. Even after having the opportunity to make it right, TWICE, they couldn't do the right thing. This company should not be in business.

Original review: May 15, 2022

1800 FLOWERS ARE TERRIBLE. We purchased flowers and a personalized card (March 31) for a friend who lost her husband in late March. We wanted to give our friend time to mourn as she said she would call us when she can. Well, she called yesterday (May 14) and in conversation and talking about everything it came up about the flowers that they got, etc. and my wife said, "You got our flowers that we sent to your house, right?" "No, I did not receive any flowers from you unless I missed them." First off, we aren’t going to call anyone to see if they got our flowers as that would be very tacky like you are looking for a thank you or something. So, then I go back to my purchase on their website and it says they were delivered by local flower shop. Then I call to find out what is going on and after several minutes he came back on to say the local shop didn’t deliver – they rejected order for delivery or some such thing.

Now, their website shows DELIVERED and they have $115 of our money but they have in their notes it was rejected BUT THEY KEPT MY MONEY AND DIDN’T TELL ME?? He says he can give me a full refund IF I WANT. What do you mean “IF I WANT?”. Are you serious? I want DOUBLE FULL REFUND for this THEFT. Long story short, he gives full refund and a $20 credit for future purchase. I will tell you there will never be a future purchase from 1-800-FLOWERS. Now I am wondering how many millions of dollars they have kept of peoples’ money over the years and the people have no idea because it says DELIVERED on the website. I really think there should be an investigation into this company.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Order was not delivered to the correct address. I spent hours talking to them online and it still got screwed up. Will never use them again. I ended up going with a local company and it was same price and a lot more friendly to deal with.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Ordered flowers for Mother’s Day and they never got delivered. This is a florist prime season they should be more prepared for the orders they receive. Horrible customer service and the representative hung up on me when I asked for a supervisor.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I've ordered from 1-800-flowers.com several times in the past with no problems. However the last couple of times, the flowers have arrived with many of them broken for bent. I will not be ordering from them anymore.

1-800-Flowers.com Company Information