2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.34/5

1-800-Flowers has been in the business of handcrafting flower arrangements, gift baskets, gourmet food items, keepsakes, household plants and home goods since the early 1980s. It was the first company to use a toll-free number for flower orders. 1-800-Flowers specializes in fresh flower bouquets, corporate gifts, flower arrangements for funerals, weddings and large special events.

BOTTOM LINE

1-800-Flowers has been a trusted flower delivery service for nearly 40 years. It offers a wide selection of flowers, gifts and gourmet gift baskets with same-day delivery options.

PROS

• Long-lasting
  • Extensive selection
  • Can order through local florists

CONS

• Shipping charges can be high
  • Can be expensive

Top 1-800-Flowers.com Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

The flowers were beautiful and stayed so fresh. My MIL sent me pictures of them every day for 16 days before they started to wilt. She was delight and so were we. It was certainly worth the price! We will definitely be using this service again.

The service is great! If you have a question about arrangements or can't decide what's best for your loved one, one of the reps have the needed experience to help. I ordered an appreciation bouquet for a former colleague and they were thrilled!

1-800-Flowers.com Shop Now

How does 1-800-Flowers work?

1-800-Flowers makes it easy to browse floral arrangements and gift baskets, customize products and order online. Most fresh flower arrangements can be ordered in various sizes, ranging from small to extra large. At checkout, you have the option to add a digital movie to the purchase for the recipient. You can also add balloons, gourmet chocolates, candy pretzels and stuffed animals to your order.

Some of its most popular bouquets and floral arrangements include:

• Fields of Europe Summer Bouquet with sunflowers or similar blooms, blue delphinium, yellow daisy poms, green button poms and purple statice ($39 to $69)
    • Lavender Garden Bouquet with white roses, lavender daisy poms, Peruvian lilies (alstroemeria) and lavender carnations ($45 to $55)
    • Blooming Love Bouquet with either 18 or 21 hand-cut red roses ($65 to $85)
    • Ocean Breeze Orchids with 10 stems of dendrobium orchids ($50 to $82)

1-800-Flowers has floral arrangements for every occasion and “just because.” Along with flowers, customers can order themed gift baskets such as:

• Snacks and Sweets Gift Basket
    • Simply Chocolate Gift Basket
    • Summer Fresh Fruit Basket
    • Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Birthday Cake
    • Savory Snack Crate
    • Magical Unicorn Truffle Cake Pops
    • Fruitful Harvest Dried Fruit and Nut Crate

For customers looking for a keepsake gift, 1-800-Flowers has a large inventory of gifts and trinkets for almost every budget. Some of the most popular keepsake gifts available include friendship candles, giant teddy bears, robes, aromatherapy gifts, birdhouses, wind chimes, jewelry and picture frames. Keepsakes range from $20 to $250.

1-800-Flowers prices

1-800-Flowers has flowers and gifts at a variety of price points. The average cost for a bouquet of birthday flowers is $50, and funeral wreaths and arrangements for services range between $49 and $300. Elegant vases with two dozen hand-cut red roses are $66, and sorbet roses range from $39 to $66.

Along with a custom bouquet, customers can add extras onto their orders. Some of these extras include:

• Balloons: $6 per balloon
    • Gourmet chocolates: $15 to $20
    • Teddy bear plush: $20
    • Candy bar pretzels: $32
    • Godiva Gold Ballotin: $50
    • Enticing Fruit and Sweets Gift Box: $45

At checkout, customers may notice a shipping and service charge. Both fees vary depending on the size of the order. There is a $2.99 surcharge for same-day delivery, and the standard service charge for an order between $60 and $100 is $15. Shipping costs for an order between $80 and $100 is $20.

1-800 Flowers FAQ

Does 1-800-Flowers use local florists?
    Yes. To ensure quick delivery and ultimate freshness, 1-800-Flowers works with local florists in your area.
    Will 1-800-Flowers leave your flowers at the door?
    If no one is at home for the delivery, the flowers are left with a neighbor or at a safe place near the home.
    What time does 1-800-Flowers usually deliver?
    Normally, delivery times are between 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the recipient's time zone.
    Can I cancel my 1-800-Flowers order?
    If your order is en route or has already been delivered, it can’t be canceled. If your order is for a future date, you can call or email to cancel.
    Does 1-800-Flowers deliver on Sundays?
    Yes. Certain flower arrangements can be delivered on Sundays for a $2.99 surcharge.

Is 1-800-Flowers legit?

1-800-Flowers has been around for decades because of its extensive selection of flowers and gifts. It has received positive reviews for having high-quality products and exceptional customer service. 1-800-Flowers offers same-day delivery and fresh flowers and gifts for every budget.

1-800-Flowers.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: March 23, 2020

I received flowers that were purchased from 1-800-flowers. They were arranged perfectly. The colors were brilliant and the flowers were healthy. I liked the package of powder supplied by the florist. My flowers arrived on January 28 and today is March 18. Some have wilted and and hadn’t lost all their color. I’m still enjoying them and they’re not all wilted. Quality of flowers were outstanding.

Original review: March 22, 2020

Just make sure to smile when the customers should be able to get the arrangements that are looking for at the right price. They make sure your order gets there that's what I like. There always fresh flowers and the flowers don't die 2 days later. They sat for a week or 2. And if you have something extra to add they will include it, In your delivery. Always nice when they approach your door.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2020

I was very satisfied with 1-800-Flowers.com. The only issue I had was being rushed when placing my order. The flowers were perfect and the arrangement was outstanding! The flowers were delivered on time also and they were exactly what I ordered. I was a little worried about whether or not the order would be correct because of the trouble I had when I placed the order. In the end, I was extremely satisfied with the choices I made and 1-800-Flowers.com!

Original review: March 10, 2020

I ordered the standard dozen roses for the most recent Valentine's Day. I used, obviously, the online option for ordering. The website is easily navigable, thoughtfully laid out, and generally intuitive. I didn't search for anything other than red roses but it looked like they had lots of other flower varieties and arrangements. My recipient's flowers arrived on time and fresh. The price was comparable to the other flower delivery websites I visited.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I ordered 2 dozen assorted flowers, a box of chocolates, and a teddy bear for my husband for Valentine's Day on 02/11/20. Read some reviews but had never worked with the company before this and was very skeptical. He got the flowers on 02/13/20 in a very nicely tightly well packed box so nothing was damaged and everything was very fresh and beautiful! It was a lot more than I anticipated and it came a day earlier than I thought it would which is totally fine! Absolutely love the speed, quality, and price of 1-800-Flowers.com and I will be using them again in the future for sure! Highly recommend them. :) Also forgot to add I did everything electronically, never talked to a person once but I signed up to get email and text notifications about the delivery of my order and everything was efficient and kept me in the loop so I knew when to be expecting them. Very pleasant experience!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

The flowers were Eh on delivery. I immediately placed the food in a clean vase of water and lowered the flowers in. On day 2 I worked with them to get rid of dried up petals and gently sprayed the arrangement with fresh water. Well on day 3 I threw them out because they were such an eyesore. I'm not satisfied at all with the product. I'm going to stick with local florist in the future.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

Order number W**. I wish I had looked up reviews about 1-800-Flowers before deciding to use them. I live in Minneapolis and needed flowers delivered to my wife for our 7 year wedding anniversary as I couldn't leave the house due to important work. I ordered 1 day ahead and paid the extra delivery fee. By noon on the expected day, the flowers had not been delivered which prompted me to call their customer service line. I was reassured by an agent that they were in touch with their local vendor and my order was next in line to be prepared and delivered.

About 2 hours later I checked my email as no delivery attempt had been made and there was an email from 1800flowers claiming that delivery had been attempted but no one was home. I thought the email message was very curious instead of a text as I'd provided my phone number for order status as well as my wife's number as the recipient. I knew they had told a bold faced lie about the attempt to deliver as I was home and would have heard bell ring or knock on the door. What was unclear was who was lying, 1800flowers or their local vendor. I called to find out what happened. The customer service agent put me on hold to supposedly get in touch with their vendor.

After about 20 mins he came back to tell me that indeed an attempt at delivery was made but no one was home and that the flowers would be delivered the next day. I explained to him in strong and clear terms that next day (after my anniversary) was not close to being an option. I asked to be put on a 3-way-call with the vendor which the agent refused to do as this was against policy he told me. He said the best he could do was give the vendor my name to call me back. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and after placing me on a brief hold, the agent returned to say the supervisor was on a different call and would call me back.

At this point it became clear to me that I'd have to leave home to actually do what I'd been hoping to conveniently take care of online, as it was a Sunday and near closing time for most businesses. The supervisor eventually called back offering me a $20 gift card and offering to call my wife to apologize. I declined both offers and said a refund would suffice. I rarely write reviews, but I hope this helps someone looking to use 1800flowers. I suggest you don't. Instead look for a florist local to you.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Ordered flowers for my cousin mourning her mom's death (my aunt), Beautiful white and touch of lilac color in a low vase, not only they weren’t the flowers I ordered they were 100% different than a sympathy order!! She received colorful very chip looking tall chip vase flowers. I was so embarrassed! I wish I could show the picture on how different they were. I paid $125 but what was delivered probably cost less than $20. They send another one today but it is still so different and not like the picture and damage is done! I will never ever order from this site and will not recommend. They didn’t even offer to refund my money!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I ordered a bouquet to be sent the same day and hand delivered. They called several hours after placing the order and said it couldn't be fulfilled and the first customer service rep I talked to said nothing could be delivered for 2 to 3 days and they had nothing available for same day delivery. So they initiated a refund for the $61 I paid with which I was going to buy a gift elsewhere to be delivered. Then they told me it would be 7 business days to get the refund. I asked to speak to a manager because I needed the money refunded immediately since I needed to get the flowers to a friend who was facing a life threatening illness. The manager then told me they could get a bouquet to my friend but it would be next day delivery.

They then charged my card for TWO bouquets, one of which I never ordered. So now I am not only waiting for the initial refund but I was also charged an addition $97 dollars - for the bouquet I wanted delivered the next day and then another charge for a second bouquet I never even order. All in all I am now sitting here having paid out over $160 - $61 I was supposed to have refunded in addition to the two additional charges, only one of which I authorized. Their customer service is terrible and I am now probably going to be overdrafted on my checking account. Just a horrible experience all around.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

The rep didn't understand/speak English. She kept repeating the same answer regardless of the question. The price of the order on the website and the price charged to my card were almost twice as much. It was immediately snatched. I cancel the order immediately and they are saying the money wouldn't be refunded for another 7 days...Bad business!!

1-800-Flowers.com Company Information