1.45/5
Based on 441 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2178 1-800-Flowers.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I placed an order with 1-800-Flowers for my daughter-in-law's funeral and was assured a timely delivery, that did not happen and there were no flowers at her funeral. Not only was I grieving the loss of my daughter-in-law but now devastated and hurt as well as humiliated that it looked like I didn't even have the courtesy to send flowers. One of my orders was from my 4 year old grandson who picked out his own flowers from the site and sent a very special card. When arriving at the funeral he wondered where the flowers he got for aunt Jen were and asked how was she going to take her flowers with her to Jesus if they weren't there!

I could have easily went and bought flowers for him to take with us as well as stopped at a local flower shop and had something delivered but I decided to use 1-800-Flowers because it seemed to be convenient as I work a lot and was grieving so it seemed to just be a lot easier! Never again. Humiliated, Hurt and more than disappointed! It was a funeral and only one service so there wasn't even a chance for trying delivery again. This isn't something that can be redone. It makes me feel sick all over again to even think about it. I wouldn't even give 1 star but you don't have a choice but to at least give 1.

When I called for a complaint after telling the woman there was only 1 service and it was over she still asked me if I would like a redelivery? (A redelivery?) They were not even delivered in the first place. Then was offered a 20% discount on my next order? So you want to not delivery my order and keep my 160 dollars and just give me a redelivery to the funeral parlor and now it's over and no one there and give me 20% off next time? That was a sick suggestion if you ask me.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Zero stars! I placed my order on 8/10 to be delivered 8/14/18 to deliver on my mother’s birthday to her office. Delivery time was between 9 am-5 pm. I would assume since I placed my order in advance it would be nice if they had delivered during the early morning but nope. I had to chat with a rep 1:47 pm, 3:21 pm and around 4:15 pm since my status did not say out for delivery and the business office will close at 5 pm. I was upset and told them to refund my money and was told they will call my mom to take the blame for the lateness and to give me $20 to use for next purchase and will deliver it next day.

Why would I want to buy again? And why do I want it deliver next day when her birthday is over? I was extremely disappointed since it was my first order and wanted my money refunded but all I got was excuses. I called my cc company to dispute. Then I got a call from my mom that she got the flowers almost close to business closing and she sent me a picture and boy was I upset. It doesn’t look like what I ordered online. It was ugly. Look at pics attached. It does not look anything like it. I won’t be ordering from them or do I recommend. Terrible service and poor customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

1-800-Flowers is getting away by not delivering what it has been ordered. I have seen this over and over and I am tired of it. Attached you will see 2 photos: the arrangement they advertise and the arrangement that was delivered at the funeral I have attended. I am beyond upset about this. The arrangement my friend received not only was presented inside a cheap basket, but also it had less flowers than the arrangement advertised. I called customer service and the person who answered the call offered to resend the arrangement which at this point has no significant value and I did not accept that. To top it off, he was very rude to talk over my voice telling me that the base was of equal value and all he can do was to offer me half refund and $20.00 gift certificate which I will never use. I don't know how can they say that these two are comparable and of equal value?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Ordered a very cute and expensive arrangement for a teenage girl in the hospital. I received a call the day of delivery informing me they could not deliver what I ordered and the best they could do was send another arrangement and refund 1/2 of my money. This was a carefully selected arrangement and I did not want the one they will be sending. They are also sending me a $20 certificate which I will never use because I will not use 1-800-Flowers again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My son and daughter-in-law sent me a hydrangea in a birdhouse for my anniversary. It arrived looking a little bedraggled with one small portion of the plant hanging off. Two days later, the plant, (which was smaller than pictured and in FULL bloom) was dead. I call the company and spoke with a representative who was helpful, promised a new plant would arrive two days later and when I asked if I could be notified when it arrived, he assured me that I would receive a phone call. The plant never arrived, and calling again today was told, after my second call, that my previous order was never filled, and a new plant would be sent in 6 days. I am not pleased, especially with the prices they charge for shipping, etc.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: July 29, 2018

Ordered flowers nearly a month in advanced. I received a notification that the order was delivered a WEEK early. However, the order didn't arrive. I forwarded the delivery notification to customer support and they assured me they'd look into the issue. Despite this notice, the items never arrived for my mom's birthday. Teleflora failed me last year like this and now 1-800-Flowers.com. I'm starting to wonder if a functional, online flower service exists in the U.S. Find a local florist yourself because you're likely to not have success with this company or Teleflora.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Ordered the classic collection gourmet gift basket. Was suppose to be delivered same day, item was delivered the next day but it was something completely different, was as if someone made a basket with junk candy, called customer service and was told they would correct the order. Three days later two more phone calls and still no replacement. Asked for a full refund. I will never deal with them again. Just looking at their reviews and it's really bad.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Went to order a same day flower/gift deliver for the birth of my niece. I first went to ProFlowers.com which didn't have any gift baskets available for same day delivery in the zip code I was looking for. I then went to 1-800-Flowers, which had a wonderful variety of same day options, including baskets, balloons and other add on items. They even have a "countdown" timer notifying you of the limit on ability to place same day orders in my target zip code. I had 2+ hours on the clock. I placed a $106 order and received a confirmation number.

At 2 pm CST (the time limit for same day orders) I received a phone call from customer service saying my order couldn't be delivered today (SAME DAY). The excuse was "the florist doesn't have the basket described in the product." I told the customer service person that I don't care about the vessel, I want the order delivered TODAY as promised. The customer service rep called the florist and supposedly was told that "they can't fulfill any more deliveries for today, all drivers are loaded and out." I asked for the call to be escalated to a supervisor. The supervisor was very understanding and even tried to find another option. No luck.

SO... I won't go into all the gory details of the conversation, but the result is that SAME DAY DOES NOT MEAN SAME DAY to 1-800-Flowers. While I am certainly not the highest $ volume customer they have, I have used them for over 8 years. I will NEVER use them again. The entire purpose of my order today was to ensure same day delivery to my sister-in-law on the birth of her daughter. Not only did 1-800-Flowers fail to deliver same day, they failed to notify me in a timely manner to provide me with an opportunity to find another option.

Original review: July 23, 2018

On July 14, 2018 I ordered a birthday cake flower arrangement for my wife’s birthday. I wanted it to be delivered on July 21, 2018 as a surprise. Waited all day still no flowers. I called 1-800-Flowers to follow up on my order and they claimed I put July 22, 2018 (receipt clearly says July 21, 2018). They promised me they were delivering on July 22nd. Waited until 12pm. Called them back. 1-800-Flowers claimed it will be out for delivery and received by me by 1pm. Waited until 1:32pm. My daughter stayed home so we can do errands. 1-800-Flowers called me saying it was delivered, I immediately called my daughter, still no flowers. Called 1-800-Flowers 3 mins after talking to my daughter, they said Monday. I refused to wait another day. I then asked, "Is there even real flowers or is this a scam?". I gave the company 1 hour to get my order to my home or I was calling my bank and reporting them to BBB.

Within 5 mins, the delivery guy called and said it was delivered. I had my wife call to confirm with my daughter... they weren't delivered. So I said to the delivery guy, "My daughter said they are not at my home," he then said "Oh I left. Nobody answered", I then asked him to go back to my home. My daughter is on the stairs outside in the pouring rain waiting. He delivered the flowers, however, the stand it was on was broken, the flowers were falling out of their place and there was no balloon that I paid for. This is my first and last time I will ever order from 1-800-Flowers. Buyers beware!!!

Original review: July 22, 2018

We ordered flowers for my husband's grandmother's 80th birthday. They were suppose to be delivered the day of. They called me and said that no one was home on that day and they would retry the next day (the family had gone out to dinner for 2 hours that day). They never tried to deliver the next day as promised and they only followed up with the order 2 days after the expected delivery to inform us that the company they subcontracted with for delivery had not contacted them with an update. It has been three days now and the flowers have not been delivered. They offered me a partial refund and a 20 credit towards a future order. Needless to say, I will not ever use the 20 dollar credit. I have used them in the past, but they have apparently lost their desire to please the consumer and I will take my business elsewhere. Very Disappointed!!!!

Original review: July 16, 2018

Order the Aloha Cat for my niece when she was in the hospital. They 1st changed my delivery date and on the date she was going to receive the flowers they called me and said they do not have the flowers to make the cat. They said after a fight over the phone they would send her a $75.00 worth of flowers and some balloons. They did not do anything they said they would do. The flowers was a small arrangement and no balloons. So I called them and they would not do anything about this. DO NOT order anything special, only roses from this place.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Ordered a plant for a funeral. They changed the date to 10 days later which I noticed in my confirmation email. Called and some guy supposedly would see that I would get the plant on time. Didn’t show. Called again and a Manager swore my friend would get the plant in 3 days. It came in 4. FedEx! It looked NOTHING like the picture. I was basically robbed of $89. Will NEVER EVER use them again.

Original review: July 11, 2018

The 1800flowers.com website is horrible designed and I believe intentionally misleading. The images on the website do not always accurately represent the product you will receive. In contacting customer service about this, I received the response that the fine print clearly identifies the differences between the images and the sent product. I guess it is my mistake that I didn't read the fine print on a website that doesn't care about usability. Ultimately, I did receive a product and it was apparently the exact product I ordered though I believe I was mislead to believe I was getting something more for the high priced flower, ridiculously high service fees, and delivery charges. They get a star for delivering something. Customer service doesn't care if you are happy regardless of the mantra on their pages; they are a business and want to sell flowers. From now on I'll just avoid them and personally contact my local florist.

Original review: July 9, 2018

This website is absolutely terrible. Every ** quality a company can have is demonstrated to perfection by 1-800-Flowers. Poor service, poor customer service, poor communication, etc. I ordered red, white, and blue flowers for my girlfriend who was competing in the Olympics for the U.S. and chose to have them delivered 3 days before she left the country. I ordered the flowers 2 weeks in advance and it wasn't until 12 hours before the flowers were supposed to be delivered, I received a phone call from 1-800-Flowers and was told the flowers were out of stock. AND they told me there was no possibility of getting any type of flower to her until after she left.

The customer service rep I was speaking to was from India and could barely speak English. She did not understand how the flowers needed to be delivered by a certain date and kept harassing me to order more flowers so she can get commission. Pathetic. Do yourself a solid and use a different company. All around awful experience, can't envision this company staying in business much longer.

Original review: July 7, 2018

They have no idea and no customer service. Can't get an answer to simple questions. You will be placed on hold and then told they will call you back. They won't call back. What a frustrating way to try to send flowers. Find another way.

Original review: July 6, 2018

They did NOT deliver as they have promised. On their website, it states "Trust us to help you express your condolences, giving comfort and support." Do NOT TRUST them. The lady on the phone took my order, promised me that it will be there on time for the funeral at 11 AM. Guess what, I received a call later in the day that my flowers never made it! I will not be purchasing from them again.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I called and placed an order for a dozen red roses at 10 am. Paid premium to have sent same day as a proposal to my girlfriend at her work. Order accepted and same day delivery confirmed. Called me back at 2:30 pm to tell me couldn't be done and they would deliver them tomorrow because the florist did not have a red vase. I said the delivery for my proposal is what matters not colour of the vase and questioned, "Why take my order if you couldn't do it. Let me buy from another business that could not tell me 4 and half hrs later you can't then expect me to be happy with delivery tomorrow when my girlfriend who is a nurse is not at work." Worst customer service ever. I will never buy a single product here again and will recommend all others avoid it the plague. Provide the service you promise or don't take the money and let people shop elsewhere instead of being greedy and offering flimsy excuses. I only wish there was a negative selection.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Same experience as others. False advertising and can never deliver on time. With all the previous one star reviews it was very stupid of me giving this company a chance. Ruined a surprise for my wife and her birthday.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I ordered flowers online (easy, I thought) until the receipt came back with a problem: the order was to be delivered in a month, not the same day. The website said to "click here" to change order. I did, was informed my order could not be changed online (even though the delivery date was a month out). So I called, waited 5 minutes to get through to a live person, who listened and then said they couldn't hear me, and hung up. I called back, got another rep who wanted to spend 15 minutes telling me it was probably my fault; websites could be "so confusing". I kept repeating "don't talk anymore: just cancel the order and refund." (Enough already) Asked repeatedly for a supervisor. 90 minutes later got one; same questions! He FINALLY did as I asked and just canceled the order. Thank goodness. Too much of a hassle to go through when there's a problem with the order. Should be simpler.

Original review: June 21, 2018

The first time I ordered from 1-800-Flowers.com was for a sick co-worker. They never received the flowers that were ordered so I had to contact them again to verify and they sent the flowers the following day. I told myself this could have been a one time issue. I decided to order again for my sister's 50th birthday. That first big milestone birthday that everyone celebrates.

I ordered a fruit bouquet, balloon and some chocolate covered cherries for same day delivery. I received my order confirmation and nothing else. I emailed customer service to ask if there were any issues and if I should use another company and of course, never received a response. Well let's just say, the order was not delivered and I was not notified that there was an issue.

The following morning, I called customer service and was informed that they didn't have a florist in the area that could deliver the order. WHY is that not something that could not have been shared with me the same day. They did tell me that they could get it delivered from their company via FedEx but of course that wouldn't be for a couple days. UUUHHHH NO! The birthday has already passed. So I cancel the order.

Why do you tell me that you will cancel the order for the full amount (I would hope so) and you'll give me a $20 savings pass for my next order? THERE WILL BE NO NEXT ORDER. I've given them multiple opportunities to get it right and they have not done that once! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Well, looks like I should've done my research before ordering from this company. As you can see from the attached pictures, the flowers delivered were not even close to what I ordered. The only pros I can think of for this company compared to the other reviews, and why they got two stars instead of one, is that the flowers weren't dead and arrived on the day I asked. Victory, I guess?

Original review: June 18, 2018

I requested a delivery for my dad for Father’s Day on 6/15/18. This was to be delivered on 6/16/18... I called my dad on Father’s Day 6/17/18 at 2 pm... They never delivered the flowers!!! I called 1-800-Flowers... After speaking with 4 different agents who kept putting me on hold for 10-20 minutes at a time and then dropping my calls... I finally requested a supervisor who told me that they could deliver tomorrow for free... Are you kidding me!!! Father’s Day is over!!!

Then she said that one of the agents wrote down that I accepted this!!! I NEVER APPROVED THIS! She finally said she would refund me in full... $54 dollars. I told her the total was $57.97... She said she needs approval from her supervisors... She promised by end of business today this would be resolved... She never called back! I called PayPal and my account was charged $57.97... The same amount as invoice. I am now on the phone with... Yet another agent. I was told even if I receive the refund it won’t show up for 30 business days!!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I ordered flowers for my daughter's birthday. I paid an extra fee for same day delivery. I placed the order the night before so the florist could assemble and deliver first thing. Delivery was attempted at lunch time when the whole office was out to lunch and then a call was made to my daughter's cell phone. She does not answer her cell unless she recognizes the number. The delivery person did not leave a message. Flowers were delivered LATE the next day. Emailed customer service. Got back a standard reply. I wanted names of supervisors - got back a form letter from the owner saying sorry. This company does not honor their 100% guarantee and could care less about their customers.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I received an email that my flowers were being shipped, meanwhile I NEVER ORDERED any flowers! I didn’t see a charge on my account but was confused as to how an order could be shipped without a charge and assumed I would be getting charged very shortly. So I called the company to make sure they would not charge me and explained I did not order these flowers and the rep told me she would have someone in the florist shop call me to rectify the situation. The rep never called and 2 days later the flowers were delivered to the recipient and I received an email confirming they were delivered. So I called back and told them I was never called by the florist and ask them why this was happening. They said they could not tell me but would have someone from the florist office contact me.

When I told her I had already been told that 2 days ago, she told me there was nothing she could do but message the florist and I should wait until they contacted me. When I asked a phone number where I could call them at, she told me they don’t have a phone number. I asked if there was any other way I could contact them without having to wait so I could rectify this situation immediately, I was told there was absolutely no way for me to contact them and that I had to wait to be contacted. So I asked to speak to her supervisor who then proceeded to tell me the same thing.

So I asked who was over her in the chain of command because I absolutely was not going to wait for my card to be charged for these flowers I never ordered. She said she was the boss. I said, "There’s no one above you?" And she said, “I am the boss”. She kept repeating it. So I asked her if she was the owner of 1-800-Flowers and she just kept saying, “I am the boss”. Like what kind of response is that?!

My card is about to be charged almost $100 and there’s nothing I can do and you’re telling me there’s absolutely no way to fix this immediately?! That’s crazy!! And she just kept saying she was sorry, but obviously you’re not. There has to be someone with a phone in the florist office otherwise they wouldn’t be calling me from it!!! Honestly I WILL ABSOLUTELY NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!! Garbage customer service! Horrible communication! Zero concern for their customers! Wish I could give 0 stars. They’re not worth 1 star.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I will never use them again. I ordered a large bouquet to be delivered to the hospital for my aunt. The bouquet was not like the phone and had a lot less flowers in the one they delivered. I tried calling and then using the “chat” feature. I was told if they deliver a new bouquet then the florist will ask for the old one. Oh my gosh what the heck. So I said, "Forget it." and will never order from them again. And not that it matters, but I just found my family after 48 years recently and this is not how I want her to remember her post-surgery.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I received flowers for Mother’s Day that died in 3 days. Supposed to be guaranteed for 7 days. Was on phone with customer service with a rep who could barely speak or understand English. He was in Manila. After an hour he chose a plant as a replacement. Was supposed to process one for my mother in law as well who had same experience of flowers dying after 3 days. She never received hers and I received a little plant with delicate leaves that were crushed by styrofoam beads being smothered on top of it. Branches were broken and leaves broken off. (Small bonsai azalea plant) Very delicate. When I called back to report this and asked for plant to be picked up they said they would give me and my mother in law a credit for $40-60 dollars and gave me a reference number for both.

When I called back today and gave the reference number, there was no credit and was told they don’t issue credit to the recipient. Even though that was what I was told on the previous call. Each call was over an hour with constantly being put on hold. I asked supervisor to pull last call and see exactly what was said. Let’s see if I ever get a call back on this! I highly doubt it! They are a scam, they have no idea what they are doing! Totally frustrating experience. I have dealt with ProFlowers before and what a difference! If you want poor quality flowers, frustration and a waste of time make sure to deal with 1-800-Flowers! They don’t care about their customers.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Flowers came with 2/3 of the branches broken. I called into customer service because I want to give them information and a chance to deliver better quality products and was told there is nothing they can do. The rep keeps saying that she is following policy... Odd that their policy is to sell broken bouquets.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I purchased flowers for my daughter on Mother's day. I will let the photos do most of the talking. When writing to the company, I was given a $20 credit (keep in mind the delivery charge eats most of that up) and when I gracefully declined because I wouldn't use it, someone else offered me one. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, not even someone I didn't like.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I was shopping for flowers for Mother's Day. Found a lovely arrangement priced at $49. Unfortunately the website won't give you a total amount due until you enter all the delivery information including your credit card info. At that point most sites give you a prompt with the total amount due, the delivery date and asking if you want to confirm the order. Instead it said thank you for your order. The amount due was over $80 and delivery was scheduled for the day AFTER Mother's Day. I decided to cancel since I was merely checking my options and did not intend to actually place the order. I was told by customer service that the order was noncancellable. I explained the situation and was told there was nothing they could do.

I asked to speak with a supervisor and was placed on hold for over 45 minutes then the call dropped. I called back and while on hold received a call from customer service. They had left a message giving a name and number of someone who was trying to assist me. I called back asking to speak with this person and was told they did not have a direct extension and since my account was being worked on by someone else the person I was speaking with could not assist me. I was told the rep who was handling my account would call me in the next 24 hours. No one called me back.

When my mother had not received any delivery at the end of the scheduled day I assumed it had been resolved. Two days after Mother's Day, my mother called to thank me for the flowers and sent a picture of the flowers. It was nothing even close to what I had ordered and two days late. Also the blooms were wide open and would only last a couple of days. Over $80 for the wrong arrangement, that the blooms are already about dead and two days late. I have ordered flowers online many times and this is the worst experience I have ever had. Actually, it's the worst experience I have had with any online order ever! I will NEVER use this company again.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I ordered flowers for my sister's birthday and Mother's day on April 30, 2018 for delivery on May 10, 2018. I tried to call 1-800-Flowers all night on May 10 and all day on May 11 to find out where the flowers were. Not only did no one answer the phone but after 4 hours of being on hold I was disconnected. I tried 10 times on the "let's chat" online. No one responded. On May 15, 2018, I relayed this information to the customer service person on 1-800-Flowers and she said they were delivered... I told her the wrong day. They were late. After arguing that they were not responsible...I asked who is. She said I can call FedEx. "Why would I do that. I did not hire them. You did" I said. She said she would refund the money. BUT I received my credit card bill and it was invoiced. Mary, at 1-800-Flowers lied.

In calling, again on June 2, 2018...not only was I told they would not refund the money but there was no evidence of me calling at all on May 15, 2018. "They were delivered and I could call FedEx." In escalating this to "Margie" (no last name or extension). She just stuck with policy. I asked her so if I asked 1-800-Flowers to send a funeral arrangement and they were late what would happen?? She said nothing. It's so nice to know that 1-800-Flowers does not care about their customers, they don't even admit when they are wrong. No wonder James McCann (Chairman) Chris McCann (CEO) got to be so rich. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF INSTILLING THIS IN YOUR EMPLOYEES. Hope everyone calls ProFlowers when you passed away.

1-800-Flowers.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business since 1976, 1-800-Flowers sells a wide variety of gifts, including gift baskets, keepsakes and bouquets. The company offers standard bouquets and bouquets with fair-trade flowers that can be scheduled for same-day delivery or delivery at a later time.

• Same-day delivery: 1-800-Flowers offers a same-day service. Consumers enter the recipient’s zip code to see all the available bouquets.

• Seasonal arrangements: For home or the office, seasonal decorations are a must. Expect to see spring blooms, pumpkins, evergreens and more as the seasons turn.

• Shop by occasion: Unless you are a floral enthusiast, it can be difficult to tell what bouquet is suitable for which occasion. 1-800-Flowers takes away all the guesswork by breaking down its arrangements into convenient categories.

• Personalize gifts: Sending flowers can feel a little impersonal, but not when they come with an engraved candle holder or embroidered teddy bear.

• Go beyond flowers: While it has tons of lovely arrangements, it also offers a selection of keepsake gifts, from wine sets to picture frames.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

1-800-Flowers.com Company Information

www.1800flowers.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business