2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

1-800-Flowers has been in the business of handcrafting flower arrangements, gift baskets, gourmet food items, keepsakes, household plants and home goods since the early 1980s. It was the first company to use a toll-free number for flower orders. 1-800-Flowers specializes in fresh flower bouquets, corporate gifts, flower arrangements for funerals, weddings and large special events.

BOTTOM LINE

1-800-Flowers has been a trusted flower delivery service for nearly 40 years. It offers a wide selection of flowers, gifts and gourmet gift baskets with same-day delivery options.

PROS

• Long-lasting
  • Extensive selection
  • Can order through local florists

CONS

• Shipping charges can be high
  • Can be expensive

Top 1-800-Flowers.com Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

The flowers were beautiful and stayed so fresh. My MIL sent me pictures of them every day for 16 days before they started to wilt. She was delight and so were we. It was certainly worth the price! We will definitely be using this service again.

The service is great! If you have a question about arrangements or can't decide what's best for your loved one, one of the reps have the needed experience to help. I ordered an appreciation bouquet for a former colleague and they were thrilled!

1-800-Flowers.com Shop Now

Unsubscribe at any time.

How does 1-800-Flowers work?

1-800-Flowers makes it easy to browse floral arrangements and gift baskets, customize products and order online. Most fresh flower arrangements can be ordered in various sizes, ranging from small to extra large. At checkout, you have the option to add a digital movie to the purchase for the recipient. You can also add balloons, gourmet chocolates, candy pretzels and stuffed animals to your order.

Some of its most popular bouquets and floral arrangements include:

• Fields of Europe Summer Bouquet with sunflowers or similar blooms, blue delphinium, yellow daisy poms, green button poms and purple statice ($39 to $69)
    • Lavender Garden Bouquet with white roses, lavender daisy poms, Peruvian lilies (alstroemeria) and lavender carnations ($45 to $55)
    • Blooming Love Bouquet with either 18 or 21 hand-cut red roses ($65 to $85)
    • Ocean Breeze Orchids with 10 stems of dendrobium orchids ($50 to $82)

1-800-Flowers has floral arrangements for every occasion and “just because.” Along with flowers, customers can order themed gift baskets such as:

• Snacks and Sweets Gift Basket
    • Simply Chocolate Gift Basket
    • Summer Fresh Fruit Basket
    • Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Birthday Cake
    • Savory Snack Crate
    • Magical Unicorn Truffle Cake Pops
    • Fruitful Harvest Dried Fruit and Nut Crate

For customers looking for a keepsake gift, 1-800-Flowers has a large inventory of gifts and trinkets for almost every budget. Some of the most popular keepsake gifts available include friendship candles, giant teddy bears, robes, aromatherapy gifts, birdhouses, wind chimes, jewelry and picture frames. Keepsakes range from $20 to $250.

1-800-Flowers prices

1-800-Flowers has flowers and gifts at a variety of price points. The average cost for a bouquet of birthday flowers is $50, and funeral wreaths and arrangements for services range between $49 and $300. Elegant vases with two dozen hand-cut red roses are $66, and sorbet roses range from $39 to $66.

Along with a custom bouquet, customers can add extras onto their orders. Some of these extras include:

• Balloons: $6 per balloon
    • Gourmet chocolates: $15 to $20
    • Teddy bear plush: $20
    • Candy bar pretzels: $32
    • Godiva Gold Ballotin: $50
    • Enticing Fruit and Sweets Gift Box: $45

At checkout, customers may notice a shipping and service charge. Both fees vary depending on the size of the order. There is a $2.99 surcharge for same-day delivery, and the standard service charge for an order between $60 and $100 is $15. Shipping costs for an order between $80 and $100 is $20.

1-800 Flowers FAQ

Does 1-800-Flowers use local florists?
    Yes. To ensure quick delivery and ultimate freshness, 1-800-Flowers works with local florists in your area.
    Will 1-800-Flowers leave your flowers at the door?
    If no one is at home for the delivery, the flowers are left with a neighbor or at a safe place near the home.
    What time does 1-800-Flowers usually deliver?
    Normally, delivery times are between 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the recipient's time zone.
    Can I cancel my 1-800-Flowers order?
    If your order is en route or has already been delivered, it can’t be canceled. If your order is for a future date, you can call or email to cancel.
    Does 1-800-Flowers deliver on Sundays?
    Yes. Certain flower arrangements can be delivered on Sundays for a $2.99 surcharge.

Is 1-800-Flowers legit?

1-800-Flowers has been around for decades because of its extensive selection of flowers and gifts. It has received positive reviews for having high-quality products and exceptional customer service. 1-800-Flowers offers same-day delivery and fresh flowers and gifts for every budget.

1-800-Flowers.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: March 22, 2020

Just make sure to smile when the customers should be able to get the arrangements that are looking for at the right price. They make sure your order gets there that's what I like. There always fresh flowers and the flowers don't die 2 days later. They sat for a week or 2. And if you have something extra to add they will include it, In your delivery. Always nice when they approach your door.

Original review: March 16, 2020

I was very satisfied with 1-800-Flowers.com. The only issue I had was being rushed when placing my order. The flowers were perfect and the arrangement was outstanding! The flowers were delivered on time also and they were exactly what I ordered. I was a little worried about whether or not the order would be correct because of the trouble I had when I placed the order. In the end, I was extremely satisfied with the choices I made and 1-800-Flowers.com!

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: March 10, 2020

I ordered the standard dozen roses for the most recent Valentine's Day. I used, obviously, the online option for ordering. The website is easily navigable, thoughtfully laid out, and generally intuitive. I didn't search for anything other than red roses but it looked like they had lots of other flower varieties and arrangements. My recipient's flowers arrived on time and fresh. The price was comparable to the other flower delivery websites I visited.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I ordered 2 dozen assorted flowers, a box of chocolates, and a teddy bear for my husband for Valentine's Day on 02/11/20. Read some reviews but had never worked with the company before this and was very skeptical. He got the flowers on 02/13/20 in a very nicely tightly well packed box so nothing was damaged and everything was very fresh and beautiful! It was a lot more than I anticipated and it came a day earlier than I thought it would which is totally fine! Absolutely love the speed, quality, and price of 1-800-Flowers.com and I will be using them again in the future for sure! Highly recommend them. :) Also forgot to add I did everything electronically, never talked to a person once but I signed up to get email and text notifications about the delivery of my order and everything was efficient and kept me in the loop so I knew when to be expecting them. Very pleasant experience!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

The professionalism I experienced was exceeded only by the patience and politeness of the representative I spoke to. I asked for flowers to be delivered to a hotel where my daughter would be arriving. Upon checking the next day to see if flowers were delivered, front desk agent told me that the flowers were there but they didn't have a reservation for my daughter. I realized my mistake and called 1-800 Flowers. They re delivered the next day to the correct Hotel. No hesitation, exceeded my expectations.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

First of all their same day service is NONEXISTENT. Secondly they told me my credit card would NOT BE CHARGED because they had fulfilled their orders for the WEEK. They wanted me to wait 5 days after the person's bday to send them flowers. Why would anyone do that? I've been chatting with them, I have Facebook messaged them. They don't want to give me the money back. They want to give me 50% off. That is unacceptable. Just give me my money back and trust me I WILL BE DONE WITH this company. I have used them in the past and been satisfied but the run around I have gotten since Thursday the 10th is unprofessional and unacceptable. THE SERVICE WAS NOT FULFILLED---and they cancelled the order so this should never have went this far.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I was very disappointed in an order for a sympathy flower arrangement. This is the second order within the span of a month that I made with 1-800-Flowers that I was not happy with. The first time I complained, their customer service was very good to replace the arrangement I complained about, although I was embarrassed to ask the recipient to send me another image of the replacement.... so I don't really know if they what was sent was true to the website image. I just trusted that it was.

A picture was sent to me of the sympathy arrangement delivered. The arrangement I believed sent was not even close to what is depicted on the website! I have not sent a complaint directly to them about the second one because I wanted to research other reviewers first. I see that I'm not alone! I realize that sometimes on the end of the florist that the similarities are seldom exact but these were so NOT what I wanted!

Resolution response: Sept. 8, 2020

According to 1-800-FLOWERS the flowers to my mother's gravesite was deliver today at 1:35 PM EST although their system is still reading, as I type, that the order is only confirmed but the flowers were not delivered. The lady I spoke to at their website confirmed the delivery today at 1:35PM as well as provide me with a 50% refund for the inconvenience along with a Celebration Pass for free delivery for the rest of the year.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

On September 2, 2020, I order 2 sets of flowers for the Labor Day for both parents and my mom's 2nd Anniversary Homegoing. The one I sent to CA was fine and got there in record time. The one I sent to CT has not been delivered and today is my mom's second anniversary. I tried to get the CS representative to give us the address to the local florist because the flowers are already purchased and she refused. I asked for a supervisor, I am still waiting. If you are looking to have a special day with your love one at the resting place, I would not use 1-800-FLOWERS.Com. They truly ruined the morale of my family on this special day of our mom's homegoing. EXTREMELY disappointing and have not received a discount on my services or anything for the inconvenience.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I would have to say that I've used 1 800 Flowers a couple of times and the service was not good but I always thought it was my fault for ordering at the last minute. So this time, I ordered flowers on Aug 29th to be delivered on Sept 4th. Everything set and of course, the money was taken out right away. Today, Sept 4th, I'm waiting for the confirmation email to say that the flowers were delivered...nothing. I call at 5:50 pm. The representative assures that the flowers will be delivered. Ok fine. Delivery time ranges from 9 am to 8 pm. So around 7:50 pm, I'm nervous. I'm going to the website and it still did not get delivered. I call the recipient (this was supposed to be a birthday surprise). I ask if she is at home and did she receive anything...Yes she is home and no she didn't receive anything...What?!

So I call back...furious! I speak to another representative. Come to find out that the local florist did not want to deliver the flowers to that zip code and asked 1 800 Flowers for more money to deliver the flowers. 1 800 Flowers said that it was too much money and refused to pay the additional fee. The florist told them at 9:35 am that he/she will not be delivering the flowers. Ok when I hear this story, I'm furious...not only because I'm thinking the florist is racist (but...whatever..in these times I can't expect anything different) but more angry at the fact that 1 800 Flowers knew the flowers would not be delivered, did not contact me (they have my money though!), and lied that the flowers were on the way.

Of course, I demanded a refund...I was put on hold a couple of times and was being apologized to 1000 times (one thing about the representatives, they remain calm as you are yelling!). I will get a refund, but it takes 24 hours. Very disappointed and not to mention my friend will not get the well deserved gift. I don't usually write reviews (I'm a one finger typer) but this really had to be said. I hope that if you are ordering flowers, you are in an acceptable zip code and you are not dealing with 1 800 Flowers.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I ordered flowers on a Friday morning for same day delivery. I received no order confirmation but my card was charged for the flowers. Recipient did not receive anything, when I finally was able to track my order thanks to Paypal, it said I placed the order Thursday, which had already passed. I have spent nearly 2 hours trying to resolve this issue to no avail. Apparently they cannot find my order yet have my payment of over $100. I was hung up on by 1st customer service rep, was told the charge would not be posted to my card by the second. The 3rd advised me it would take 30-45 days for refund, which I said was unacceptable. so she then said I would be refunded in 24-48 hours. It has been 48 hours and still nothing. I am done dealing with their customer service and will escalate my dispute through paypal/mastercard. Terrible experience and no flowers for my recipient on her birthday.

1-800-Flowers.com Company Information