1.50/5

Last updated: April 18, 2018

2000 1-800-Flowers.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

Ordered flowers for a second time in hopes that they would finally get it right this time. Unfortunately they messed up this time too. I ordered White and Red Dozen roses, they sent carnations and 8 roses. I called and spoke to Michael and Mark, they said they would fix the problem and escalate to corporate. I told them that was fine, but they're selling more than just a product, they are selling a service and when they get it wrong they can ruin someone's day and they have done this twice to me. This needs to be fixed!!!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I am writing this review because this is not the first time I have been disappointed with the quality of the 1800flowers product. My most recent experience was yesterday April 17, 2018. A week before the requested delivery date I ordered flowers and chocolate as a birthday gift for my Mom. On April 17, 2018 at approximately 6:30 p.m. I received an email confirmation from 1800flowers that my ordered had been delivered. I was at my Mom's and there was no delivery so I called customer service. They got in touch with the florist that was responsible for the delivery and they said the delivery confirmation was sent because the florist was closing the store for the night. The florist said they were dropping the flowers off on their way home from work. I placed the order a week in advance and it gets delivered at the end of the day a week later.

When the flowers finally arrived they did not look anything like what I had ordered online. A pretty polka-dot vase ended up being a smiley face. The arrangement was much smaller than what was presented online and I had selected the medium arrangement. The chocolate that I paid for was never delivered. It is embarrassing and upsetting that the flowers weren't delivered until the end of the day. This isn't the first time the flower arrangements were smaller and less grand than what was presented online. Good luck if you read this review and still decide to order flowers from 1800flowers.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2018

If I could give zero stars I would. Ordered corsages for prom 10 days in advance. Got an email the day before that they could not be delivered because no one was home which was false. Then got another email saying the florist could not make the flowers. Really? We ordered 10 days ago and they are telling us now. So we called and after over 30 min on hold they hung up on us. Called back and they said the florist could not deliver because they are too far away. Again really? You took the order 10 days ago, you know our address and we are finding out the day of you can't handle the order. After a quick search of reviews I am shocked 1-800-Flowers is able to stay in business. Great business model, take order and don't deliver. Let's see how difficult the refund process is.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I used this company for five 3-month flower subscriptions for our nonprofit. I needed to change the address for one of the recipients the day after the order was placed. I called the company and requested confirmation of the change of address. The address they changed it to was incorrect, as was the name of the recipient. This happened TWICE more where the flowers were sent to the wrong address. Each time I called, the representative assured me that they understood my request, and each time it was wrong, again.

After the three months, I then received confirmation for two more orders. I had to call again and they told me that for those recipients, they had a 12-month subscription. I requested a cancellation with confirmation. The associate assured me he'd "made a note." The confirmation never came. The flowers were again sent anyways, and I was charged anyways. I called again, and was told that I could not be refunded because the order that I had previously cancelled had already been delivered. I had to tell the representative the date I had called and that there had been "a note made" which she could just then see. She put me on hold twice more before confirming that she was indeed able to make the refund, but had to put me on hold to make sure she could send me a confirmation.

Each time I called (ended up being 7 times total) I was on the phone for at least 30 minutes. On hold for the majority of the time, and transferred to at least two representatives each time. I will never use this company again, and I will always advise others to avoid it as well. I have never been so dissatisfied that I have been driven to write a consumer review, and hope to never again be.

Original review: April 11, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. The recipient will never get their flowers. Bought a Groupon. They gave me a discount to this company so I'm out the money for the flowers plus the Groupon. I'm filing a formal complaint. They said no florist would take the order in my town. I have a ton of florists in my town.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: April 11, 2018

I paid $81 for two dozen roses to be delivered to my wife for her birthday while I was away on business. 1-800-Flowers assured they would be delivered to NH on time. They shipped them FedEx from NJ via Tennessee. I contacted 1-800-Flowers support when I saw the FedEx status and 1-800-Flowers just plain lied to me saying "I checked, don't worry the delivery is on time". The flowers still haven't arrived. Customer support didn't want to refund my purchase, tried offering me a refund for "shipping". 1-800-Flowers is clearly shady. I would never depend on them again!!!

Original review: April 10, 2018

I am on hold for the sixth time today. I called last week to order flowers for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary. I ordered flowers from the US to be delivered to the UK. I ordered for the flowers on March 30th. They were guaranteed to be delivered on April 5th. After calling on April 5th to say the flowers had not yet been received, I was assured they'd be there by end of day on April 5th (England time). After calling twice on April 6th (flowers still didn't arrive), I received a "confirmation of delivery" email. My family never received the flowers and the company was unable to provide any signature confirming anyone had received the flowers.

Today is the 9th and they've charged my account, my family hasn't received the flowers. I have exchanged over 14 phone calls, totaling hours of my time waiting on hold and being assured time and time again that the flowers would be delivered. I have filed an official complaint with BBB and I hope NO ONE has to deal with the upset of sending a loved one something, only to have them wait at home for it for days to arrive---and it never comes! I want a refund. I want an apology. I want them to not get away with this again.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Absolutely the worst! I ordered flowers for a house in PEI; got the confirmation they would be delivered that day. The next day, I get an email from a no-reply address, that they couldn't deliver them. No reason why. No recourse to follow up. Got through to them today, which is 4 days later, and they admitted they had not credited my charge card. They wait for the customer to complain!!! THAT'S CALLED THEFT.

Their customer service call centre appears to be offshore - very poor connection and strong, strong accents on the CSRs so you can barely understand what they are saying. These people are complete con artists, counting on the fact that you'll give up trying to get a refund because they make it so hard. Don't use them unless you want several days of hassle. Oh, and they're very expensive. $92 for a vase of yellow lilies. Wow.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I arranged flowers to be sent by 1-800-Flowers in plenty of time for a BD in Vegas. The person did not receive their arrangement cause the flowers had been sitting in an area where they could not be located. I gave room number and name of the guest to 1-800-Flowers. This should have been communicated to the Hotel properly so there would not have been any problems or miscommunication. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!!

Original review: April 8, 2018

I ordered an arrangement to be sent to my uncle's funeral which was out of state. I was assured by the service rep taking my order that it would be no problem to fill it and deliver on time. Apparently the florist did not have the same flowers in stock as the arrangement I had ordered contained so without consulting me or providing me with a photo of what was being substituted to see if it was acceptable to me, they arbitrarily filled the order using "Designers Choice" -- whatever the florist picked out. I was asked for my phone # when I placed the order so I could be contacted if an issue arose. I was NOT contacted before the florist's choice of flowers was delivered. I have no idea what the flowers were, if they were in a similar basket to what I ordered, and/or the color/type of flowers used. In other words I have no idea what it looked like or if it was in anyway similar to what I had ordered.

What was already a distressing situation (having a loved one buried) was make even more stressful and all because they simply were too lazy to make a phone call. I will NEVER order from them again nor recommend them. I have in the past ordered many floral arrangements online and never had a single issue with any of those purchases because, if they couldn't provide what I ordered, I was called and gave my permission for a substitute arrangement that was acceptable to me. Bad business practice to not even consult the client or make an attempt to do so. An apology at this point is too little too late as there will be no "do-over" for my uncle's funeral and I live out-of-state so I could not be there to see the arrangement firsthand. Never, never again!

Original review: April 7, 2018

On March 28, 2018, I ordered flowers for my Mom and scheduled a March 30 delivery - Good Friday. I paid via PayPal. So on March 30, I get an email that my delivery cannot be fulfilled until April 6. April 6?!? OMW!! So I wait until April 6, and now April 7, 10 DAYS SINCE I PLACED THE ORDER my Mom STILL has NOT received the flowers. I texted customer service - they said it was delayed due to weather. In Oklahoma City??? The weather was 61 degrees F. No refund. No compensation. They lost me as a customer FOREVER!!!

Original review: April 6, 2018

$85 for a small fruit basket and a balloon. This was a last minute order and I bit the bullet and paid a premium for the service. At 5 pm I spoke to my 85 year old aunt and realized the basket hadn't arrived. Checking online it is not yet delivered. I called and was told for apartment deliveries they may deliver as late as 8 pm. They had no answer as to why the delivery was scheduled so late in the day and would not give me contact information for the florist. At 8 pm, she will be in bed. The front door will be locked. I asked how they would handle that and was told they would just leave it there on the porch. Where 84 other apartments have access. Am now on hold for a manager. This is not ok. She may not get her overpriced gift at all.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I ordered flowers for my elderly mother who was recovering from surgery. I had ordered next day delivery. Five days later, I contacted my mom to see if she liked her flowers. She informed me they were never delivered. I was never informed that the delivery did not occur. I contacted 1-800-Flowers and was assured they would be delivered the next day. The agent on the phone asked me if I would like him to call my mother and apologize! I told him, no, as she was recovering from major surgery. I thought that rather invasive and strange. The next day my mother never received her flowers. I called again and the agent told me that the florist they sent the order to never contacted them back. I told her perhaps they should use another florist. I demanded a refund and I am now waiting for it to clear my account. Horrible service. I should have at least been informed that the flowers were never delivered. Twice!

Original review: April 3, 2018

My husband bought me flowers to be received on Valentine's Day at my workplace but it arrived a day after. However my husband received an email saying the flowers were delivered on Valentines Day. We tried to email the company several times in order to complain but did not get an email back from client service. When we tried to call they claimed they can not track the order because we waited too long to call them. Now we know not to use this company ever again.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I placed my order on Saturday morning for an afternoon delivery. I checked to make sure that the arrangement that I picked was made locally. After several hours I received an email telling me that there was a problem and I should call them. After I called their offshore helpline, they told me they would call me back, an hour and fifteen minutes later with no call back I tried calling them again. They then told me that they were sorry and could not make the delivery until Tuesday. Please never do business with this company, they need to go out of business. They have terrible offshore customer service.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Received email stating that flowers were delivered to recipient but they never were. It was apparent that the Customer service dept is limited on what they can say and do. 1-800-Flowers is 100% business centric and 0% customer centric. The ways they wanted to make things right were to 1) call and apologize to the recipient NOT to the person who spent nearly $100 on overpriced, crappy flowers. 2) Offered me $20 discount for next time (I'm not using them again) and 3) No one could deliver replacement flowers today. It would be delivered next day. Overall, horrible experience. Do not use them!

Original review: March 28, 2018

Ordered birthday flowers for my girlfriend, to be sent to her work. That part was fine, and the ordering was easy. I ordered an arrangement in the shape of a birthday cake. What I bought and what she received would be considered two different things. Completely let down by the arrangement, attached are the images. If I never get my money back, at least I paid for the experience of never buying from this company again. If this is the flower shops fault, well then maybe 1-800-Flowers should stop using them.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I placed my order for my mother birthday flowers on March 8 to be delivered on March 17. On the date that they were supposed to get delivered, she did not get the order. However, I received an email that stated that they were delivered. I called customer service and they told me it was an error on their part because they had an issue with delivery. Needless to say it's March 28, 2018, and she just received her flowers and she had to go pick them up herself. This is unacceptable customer service and I strongly recommend to anyone that they do not order flowers from 1-800-Flowers.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I ordered flowers from 1-800-Flowers.com on Saturday morning for a same day delivery. Within 5 minutes, I received my order number and confirmation. 20 minutes later I received a text saying the order was delivered. The flowers were for my stepdaughter's grandmother's funeral. On Sunday, the day of the viewing, my stepdaughter called and told me the flowers never arrived.

I called the customer service of 1-800-Flowers and was told that an error had occurred in the delivery and that the flowers would be resent by the time of the visitation. No flowers showed up. 4 calls later, still no flowers for the funeral. A fifth call was made for a refund. Even the last call took 15 minutes. The customer service people were very accommodating, but did absolutely nothing!! I was very embarrassed to miss the opportunity to show my respect for this lady. I will never use 1-800-Flowers again and suggest you only order from these people if you truly don't care if the flowers show or not.

Original review: March 26, 2018

My husband ordered flowers for two of my coworkers, one who had just lost a parent and another who had to have a very invasive surgery. We ordered them first thing in the morning and were told after the 2PM cut off that they had too many orders that day and would not be shipping our order. On top of this my husband was told it was his fault that he did not know the flowers would not be sent. Terrible customer service! I will never order flowers from here again.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Ordered from Harry & David yesterday and signed up for the Passport Annual Membership - $29.99. Today I discover I was not only charged $123.60 for the two actual items and the Membership but there is ALSO a $99.36 "hold" on my bank account for 3-5 days. This is AFTER my items were already debited from my account! No need for a "hold"! Called Harry & David who explained the "hold" and I asked to cancel the Annual Membership. Referred to 1-800-FLOWERS.COM and told that since the Membership was "used" it could not be cancelled. Told them I would pay for shipping on items ordered and to cancel membership. Still they refused. So now I'm paying $29.99 to ship two items and stuck with a year long service I'll NEVER EVER use. THIEVES!

Original review: March 24, 2018

I paid $180.00 for flowers. With fees it was over $225.00. They were sympathy flowers for someone that passed that I was very close to. I have to say I was almost ashamed at the display. It looked cheap and the flowers were sparse. Definitely the last time I'll buy from 1-800-Flowers. Shame on them!

Original review: March 20, 2018

I received a FedEx delivery of Valentine's Day flowers from 1-800-Flowers. I had Lillies and Iris. The Lillies did not all open and not a single Iris opened! Instructions were followed on care. When I contacted them they said they needed the confirmation # for the order, well if they are received as a gift the recipient would not have that. I was basically told too bad!!!

Original review: March 20, 2018

I ordered flowers for their same day delivery service before their deadline of 2 pm. I was then contacted after 2 pm and told that they would not be delivering the flowers that day but the next. (Now it was too late to try and order another same day delivery service.) There was no reason as to why they weren't delivering the flowers and eventually someone tried to tell me that I ordered after 2 pm when I had email confirmations stating that it was hours before that. No one in their customer service department was able to do anything for me and most just went silent on the line when I explained the issue and would ask "I'm sorry ma'am but what would you like us to do?"

When I stated I wanted a refund because they weren't able to follow through with the obligation, they simply offered free delivery for the next day. (Which I didn't want, as now the flowers were already late.) No refund was given until I told yet another customer service agent that I wanted to speak to a manager who could actually give me a refund. This whole process took 6 hours. (from 2 pm to 8 pm). During this process I even got an email stating the flowers had been delivered when they in fact had not. This makes me think that these flowers would have never been delivered as their computers had already processed the order. Never order flowers from 1-800flowers.com. They do not follow through with their own policies, have terrible customer service agents who just give you the runaround and you essentially have to beg for a refund for flowers that weren't delivered when they said they would be.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I ordered flowers from this establishment last week. Flowers arrived looking nothing like what was shown in photo. When I requested a voucher for a complimentary bouquet to be used at a later time, I was given a $20.00 voucher. I will never give my money to this business again. Very disappointed.

Original review: March 18, 2018

This company have the worst customer services. Order flower for a funeral out state to deliver the day of the funeral 3 days later no flowers deliver. Cancel order after the promise to deliver the same day and repeatedly told them the funeral was 3 days early was too late for them to deliver the flowers. Never use this company again.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I was told so many different "LIES" about my order being ready to go, will go out after lunch, out for delivery, NONE OF THE STORIES WERE TRUE!! I would NEVER use 1-800-Flowers again!!! Flowers were never delivered!! I finally received a refund. How do these people stay in business?? I cannot believe they continue to advertise on every major website for flower deliveries.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I ordered a nice get well arrangement for my niece who was in the hospital having her appendix removed. I ordered them to arrive that day and they should have been delivered that afternoon as she was coming out of surgery. They were not delivered that day, or the next before her discharge. Disappointed I called to see where they were and have them delivered to her house, which is a few miles away. I was connected with a very nice woman who assured me it would be no problem and that it would not cost extra, and apologized that the flowers were late.

The next morning I received a call that said from 1-800-Flowers, a woman in very broken English with a loud television and children screaming in the background telling me that the flowers I ordered were not in stock and insisting I take another arrangement. After a few moments she asked to call me back and up assumed this was so she could take care of the background noise, unfortunately no, the second call was as noisy. She still insisted I take another arrangement she only described as "very pretty". I refused, and demanded a refund, she said she would have to get authorization and quickly hung up.

I immediately called 1-800-Flowers to verify this was a legitimate communication since it was so strange, they could only tell me they couldn't access my account since someone else was so they said it was being canceled and my money refunded and they were very sorry. I checked my account a few minutes later and the $82 had indeed returned, followed immediately by a $78 charge I had not authorized. I immediately called them back about this fraudulent charge and they assured me it would be refunded and would take 7-10 days? They can replace my canceled order within minutes but a fraudulent charge takes 7-10 days?

Original review: March 12, 2018

My sister and I ordered flowers for my grandfather's funeral from all the grandkids but the $250 grave site arrangement did not get delivered. A confirmation email was received from 1-800-Flowers saying the flowers have been delivered but the flowers were NOT at the funeral home. I called customer service and received a woman from another country that was obviously reading from a script. She kept insisting that the arrangement had been delivered. I told her on multiple occasions that I was at the funeral home had spoke with the funeral home director. The arrangement was not there. He even showed me the delivery log for that day. No flowers from 1-800-Flowers from me.

I asked for the name of the local florist that was used so I could contact them myself in order to resolve the issue but the woman said it was "confidential information" and refused to give their info. She placed me on hold and says she called the florist. She came back and stated they insist the arrangement was delivered but again refused to give me their name so I could resolve the issue and speak to them myself. I verified the address for the funeral home and my grandfather's name to ensure they were delivered to the correct address. All the info was correct. The woman offered half a refund and 20% off any arrangement for Mother's Day. That obviously was not good enough.

I paid $250 on this arrangement and receiving $125 back with no flowers is not acceptable. She offered to have the arrangement reordered at no cost to me and have them delivered to my grandfather and grandmother's house. I did not accept that as this was a large spray that goes on the gravesite therefore that was not going to be acceptable. At this point I was livid. It literally took me crying and yelling at her as I stood in the parking lot of the funeral home arguing with her instead of spending time inside with my grieving family to get a full refund. That was the worst experience EVER! I will never ever do business with 1-800-Flowers or any of their affiliates again. Needless to say my family will not never use their business either.

Original review: March 11, 2018

The level of incompetence on my last order was dumbfounding. I placed an order on January 26 for delivery on February 20th. At 5 pm on the 19th I got an email saying the item was not available. (How is this not known until the day before delivery?) I was told that the item would be available for delivery on the 22nd. Ok, that is the actual date of my parent's anniversary, and that seemed reasonable. On the afternoon of the 21st, I get a phone call saying that the item is not available. Seriously, you didn't know that 2 days ago? I agreed to a substitute item from another source of your many companies. I was ASSURED that it would be delivered on the 22nd. NOPE. I waited a few days, to be sure. Then I had to leave town.

When I returned I find that my parents STILL don't have an anniversary gift from me. I call in, and get no answer, bumped up to a customer "service" person. She informs me that since I used a gift card for the original purchase that it was showing as redeemed. SERIOUSLY? NO ONE COULD NOTIFY me of that? and, since the follow ups are all on your end, HOW IS THIS MY PROBLEM? I've used Wolfermans and Harry and David for over 30 years each. I have NEVER had this level of INCOMPETENCE. The customer "service" person tells me "she wishes there was something she could do." REALLY, she's not empowered to ship a free gift to my parents, and refund my certificate? HOW can you do business like this?? I don't usually air customer complaints online, as I would want someone to bring the problem to my attention first. I think this is the only way I will get any resolution from 1800Flowers.

1-800-Flowers.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business since 1976, 1-800-Flowers sells a wide variety of gifts, including gift baskets, keepsakes and bouquets. The company offers standard bouquets and bouquets with fair-trade flowers that can be scheduled for same-day delivery or delivery at a later time.

• Same-day delivery: 1-800-Flowers offers a same-day service. Consumers enter the recipient’s zip code to see all the available bouquets.

• Seasonal arrangements: For home or the office, seasonal decorations are a must. Expect to see spring blooms, pumpkins, evergreens and more as the seasons turn.

• Shop by occasion: Unless you are a floral enthusiast, it can be difficult to tell what bouquet is suitable for which occasion. 1-800-Flowers takes away all the guesswork by breaking down its arrangements into convenient categories.

• Personalize gifts: Sending flowers can feel a little impersonal, but not when they come with an engraved candle holder or embroidered teddy bear.

• Go beyond flowers: While it has tons of lovely arrangements, it also offers a selection of keepsake gifts, from wine sets to picture frames.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs