1.23/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2451 1-800-Flowers.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Paid extra for flower delivery Feb 14th, that my girlfriend never received. 2 hrs with customer care to get a refund that they refuse to give. Kept offering a gift card. I WILL NEVER BUY FROM HERE AGAIN!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Should be 0 stars. Ordered flowers on Monday 02/11/19 to be delivered on Valentine's Day. No call, no show. Emailed customer service twice, no response. Posted a complaint on a Facebook thread where I was told to pm details, which I did. Still waiting. According to these Reviews, they screwed over a TON of people who expected a gift for Valentine's Day. There is absolutely no excuse for this! They should filter the local florists much better, and only use ones that have certain certifications, not just ANY florist. Place is a joke - Customer service is completely non existent. Worst experience ever purchasing flower delivery. I literally would have picked them up myself.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

YOU WILL GET NOWHERE WITH THIS COMPANY! CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND DISPUTE CHARGES! Ordered flowers for my mom from my dad for Valentines Day. They came, no resemblance to the photo. Literally 9 flowers in a 80 plus dollar arrangement. Really? I called 6 times and was railroaded. Gave me a phone number that was disconnected and I called back again - ask for supervisor after being on hold for 10 minutes - I got hung up on. They even told me once, "You didn’t order from us." I said, "Oh really? Why does my emails all say order from 1-800-Flowers, really??? Worst customer service ever! I used my head - call my credit card company and put in dispute! They issued a credit no problem and will dispute it with them. Mind you I didn’t even ask for a refund with 1 800 Flowers just an arrangement that resembled what I ordered. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Order flowers for Valentine’s Day 130$ to a business. Never showed. Called customer service. They said it’s was on the way it will be there in 15 minutes. Still never showed the next day. Still no flowers. They said delivery was attempted. Really? There was only one door on the street to deliver and there is a receptionist. Nope still no flowers worst experience ever. Don’t do it people unless you have money to burn.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My husband ordered flowers for me for valentines day and spent $80. He had the address for them to arrive at my work and put business. I work 8 to 5 and they never showed up. He emailed them and they tried to credit him $20 and he said they never showed so finally he got his money back. This morning I left them an email and they straight up lied to me and said they delivered my flowers early because of severe weather we were supposed to have and they would send me a $20 credit. Well I never received the flowers so that was their 1st lie and we weren't supposed to have severe weather so that was their 2nd. Also what would I do with a $20 credit? I mean I never received my flowers. You think I would order from you or my husband would again. I mean come on!!! They are the WORST.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I ordered flowers for my wife on Valentines Day however my wife never received her flowers. I called the next day and asked them what happen to the flowers. They said they would be delivering them on the 15th which was now too late. I asked for a refund and the customer service guy told me that I can not get a refund. My order will be there today. I requested to speak to a supervisor and was placed on hold for about a hr. I will never purchase from them again. It was their fault they didn’t deliver on time. So I should have been able to get my money back. SMH. The absolute worse flower experience on Valentines Day because of them.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I only give these guys one star because it won’t let you give zero stars. I ordered my flowers for Valentine’s Day for my wife three days in advance and they were not delivered. Valentine’s Day as we all know is on 14 February and they just told me on their customer service line that the earliest they could get them delivered would be 19 February. Five days late! Are you kidding me! I told them I either wanted them delivered with zero charges or refund my money. They wouldn’t deliver them at no charge so they are refunding my money and it will take 30 days. We’ll see. Worst company I’ve ever dealt with! It’s really bad business to oversell orders that you can’t possibly deliver and put your customer service team in an unenviable position!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I absolutely HATE 1-800-Flowers.com. They are the worst company to order from. They did not deliver my order yesterday, no one called to tell me why my order was not delivered, and then when I call them one person tells me it was delivered and another person says it will be delivered today! There was no kind of apology offered or any offer to reconcile the issue. Just, "It will be delivered today." Now the expected party probably thinks I am a liar all because 1-800-Flowers.com sucks! I will NEVER order from them again and I hope no one else does either. I AM TOTALLY PISSED!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Ordered flowers for my significant other and paid the additional amount to have them delivered on Valentine's Day. After waiting all day for them to be delivered they had them scheduled to be delivered the following day from another state. I called to cancel the order and initially they wanted to credit me the delivery fee. I told them that I didn't care what they did with the flowers now, but I didn't want them and wasn't paying for them. They gave me a full refund that is supposed to show up on my card in the next couple weeks. This is the second time that I have ordered from them and after being mildly disappointed with it the first time, they made sure that they didn't leave any doubt the second. I definitely learned my lesson and will be dealing with local florists, from now on.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Christmas flowers I ordered on 12/12 for 12/21 delivery were delivered to family member on 12/14 - with all of the card delivery information indicating a 12/21 delivery. When we arrived at the family member's on 12/24 for the holidays, the flowers were nearly dead and that's when I found out they were delivered 7 days too early. 1-800-Flowers argues 'flowers WERE delivered'. Sure - but dead by the time the holiday arrived. As all the initial order confirmation indicated 12/21 delivery, no one on their end updated the delivery date to 12/14 so disputing the charge wasn't possible either. After calling 3 times to get some type of voucher and being hung up on all 3 times, my advice is beware of this service.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Only received one of the two items on the day it was promised to be delivered. Regardless of the "day" of Delivery in this case "Valentines", when an EXTRA fee is imposed as a guarantee, my expectations is that this guarantee should be honored. Especially when it's ORDERED A MONTH IN ADVANCE. I had received a noticed that morning, it was shipped JUST that morning, from HALFWAY ACROSS THE USA!! Needless to say I wish to thank 1-800-Flowers.com in dissuading me from ever using an overpriced flower delivery service again.

Personal Rating breakdown. WEBSITE/VENDOR: Given *1. 5=Excellent (Preferred Vendor). 4=Will Purchase from again. 3=May Purchase from again. 2=Purchase from as a last resort. 1=NEVER WILL PURCHASE FROM AGAIN*. 0=Not observed at this time. Product/Service: Given a **2. 5=Excellent (Go for it). Exceeds normal expectations. 4=Good (What you should want). Meets normal expectations. 3=Average (Ok to shop around for better). Meets minimum expectations. 2=Poor (As last resort)**. Does not meet expectations. 1=Unacceptable. 0=Not observed at this time.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I ordered a treat tower for my mom for delivery to my mom’s job for Valentine’s Day. I placed the order on 2/4, plenty of time for them to arrange for delivery. I got the order number and tried to put it into the website for tracking, it said I have no orders. A couple days later I called because I needed to change the destination, as I found out my mom wouldn’t be at work that day. Changes went through seemingly fine and I got a new order number to reflect the changes. Went to put the order number in online for tracking again, still said I had no orders.

I just called this morning for the refund and the representative told me that the order had been put on hold for some reason due to the address change. I asked for a full refund and the representative didn’t hassle me about it, but it was about a 10 minute wait, and I called at 6 am just to be sure I wouldn’t be calling at a busy time. At least she didn’t try to give me a credit or hassle me about the refund, only good experience I had with this company so far. Just hoping my refund won’t get “put on hold” like my order somehow did. I wish I read reviews before purchasing, it doesn’t seem that this company gets good ratings for a number of different reasons. Never ordering from them again. I’ll stick with Edible Arrangements, where I’ve never had an issue.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Ordered roses on February the 8th for delivery on Valentine's Day. They did not make delivery. Recipient address was a business open all day. Only willing to do 50% refund. Bet I never see it too. This company is incompetent. Don't trust them to deliver!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My boyfriend order 2 dozen long stemmed roses for me on Valentine’s Day, paid for the premium shipping, and it NEVER ARRIVED. We checked the receipt to check the address and shipping date and everything was correct. Luckily I read these reviews before calling customer service. They offered me the usual $20 credit, discount, redelivery, etc. I stated very clearly, "I don’t want it anymore, you ruined my Valentine’s Day, and I’ll never use your company again so keep your store credit and refund me for the product I never received." They then tried to tell me I couldn’t cancel the order since I didn’t make the order. I put my boyfriend on the phone right away, they ran out of excuses and finally refunded it. The call took 20 minutes and I got the full refund plus a $20 credit. I apologized to the customer service rep because it’s not her fault, she just works for a ** company.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Don’t ever order from 1-800-Flowers. Placed an order a few days before Valentine's Day to be delivered on February for my mom and the order never was made. Y’all are the worst of breaking people hearts. Never again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The absolute worst! My husband purchased flowers for me for Valentine's Day. The flowers were delivered to my job and I was totally embarrassed. The flowers weren't fresh, the leaves were falling off, one flower was broken, and several were smushed. I was also suppose to receive a teddy bear and cookies which were never delivered. I called and complained and was told I would receive a full refund. Here it is 1130 PM and still no teddy bear. Needless to say when I checked my account I was only credited for the flowers. I'm still being charged for the bear that I never received. They are the worse and I will NEVER order from 1-800-Flowers again. I've also been on hold for over 15 minutes. The individual continues to read from a script and is mentioning a 50% discount. I want a full refund and they can pick up the dying flowers.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I was celebrating 6 years of marriage and Valentines Day with 6 dozen roses for my wife... 1-800-Flowers has left me sick to my stomach, I was taken for a large sum of money, no call, no show, I called customer service, emailed customer service and now I'm stuck telling my wife every 5 minutes I'm sorry due to a company dropping the ball. I'm sure I will get a coupon or some sort, and 6 to 8 days for a refund, who knows maybe the flowers by FedEx sometime tomorrow, but 1-800-Flowers is a day late and I'm several hundred dollars short. Never again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Ordered an extra large flower arrangement 2 days before Valentine's Day. Girlfriend relieved flowers and when I got home from work they looked nothing like picture on website. Flowers that arrived were on the small side and not full at all. Some of the flowers were wilted and brown. I understand that they didn't arrange the flowers and that it was done through a local flower shop, but they are still responsible to make sure I get what I paid for. Called customer service to make a complaint and she stated that she would have another arrangement shipped out plus a credit for a future purchase. Said I would receive email immediately. 3 hours later I still haven't received anything.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I ordered 4 sets of flowers - 2 of them did not show up on Valentine’s Day. I kept calling - they kept telling me they have been delivered... Then I called back at 11PM and they said that they will be here tomorrow. I told them what is the point of that? Both of my daughters didnt get the valentines gift. They said “We will give you a partial refund...” Partial refund for ruining Valentine’s Day for 2 children! That’s fantastic. I will never use them or recommend them to anyone. Such a terrible company. I would put ZERO stars if I could!!! God I have when companies get so big that they do not care at all about the customers.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Flowers were originally supposed to be delivered the 13th. Was never notified that the delivery was going to be delayed. No one was home till extremely late today. Reason why delivery was originally chosen for the 13th. Flowers were wilted and damaged and some even broken. Had tried to cancel the order extremely early before i even got a notice that the order had been shipped but was told that it was too late. Extremely disappointed and dissatisfied as the order was not delivered when it was supposed to and then finally when an order was delivered they were in HORRIBLE condition. So much for a smile guarantee.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

On Valentine's Day my wife received what I had assumed was a vibrant picturesque bouquet of Fresh-picked pink & red blooms on display inside a glass vase finished with a ribbon, creating a timeless gift for my bride. NOT!!! Instead she received only two roses That were wilted and Daisies with brown petals that were dying! No ribbon on the vase. Called 1800-FRAUD only to be on the phone for 1 hour and 45 minutes (getting the runaround as why the rep couldn't find a Supervisor). I asked for a full refund. They refused. They offered a re-delivery with a $20 credit on my next order. I said no. They then offered a 50 percent refund. I refused. They would not budge. Considering my night was completely ruined, I succumbed to the pathetic re-delivery and $20 credit. Never ordering from these hacks again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My husband was trying to be nice to me for the Valentine’s Day. He ordered the flowers 10 days ago, and even paid a ridiculous amount of shipping fees for making it happen today. However the flowers were in the town around noon time today, and it’s about 10 miles from my place. Fedex still said they cannot make it, due to the weather... It was a ** sunny day without snow or rain. Would you please make a better excuse?! And I reached out to customer service for change the address of shipment, seems like didn’t work at all!!! Will push my husband to get the refund!! What’s the point to spend tons of money to deliver the flowers after the Valentine’s Day?!?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Much like all the other reviews from today this company is terrible. Do not order anything from this company. The order I placed days ago for delivery today was never delivered. When I called customer service they told me the flowers had been delivered (which was a lie) and then they transferred me to FedEx who confirmed that a shipment had never been received for them to ship. I then called back. I was kept on hold for an hour and 30 minutes trying to get a refund and they simply refused. They said they would do it tomorrow if I wanted to call back but they would not refund my money for a product that was never even shipped.

This is unacceptable business practice. They should not be able to take my money, not deliver a product that is "guaranteed" and then have the ability to refuse to submit a refund of my money. This is ridiculous.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I ordered 18 long stem Rose's for my wife to be delivered on Valentine's day to her job. Arrival time after 7 pm. Was assured by the rep, "Yes I've written instructions. On time to be delivered. No worries." stated by the rep. I received a call around 7 pm from 1800 flower say, "Sorry to inform you but the delivery was declined. The delivery driver was sent away." I ask, "First and foremost what time was it delivered?" She replied, ''2:30 pm." Second, "So why is it that your guy ask for my phone number and the recipient phone number?" I was told, "Just in case the driver has a problem with delivery..." Okay so 1st why was it delivered at 2:30 when it was instructed to be delivered after 7 pm? 2nd why didn't I get a phone call or why didn't the recipient get a phone call. This is a business. WOW.

I just want all my money back. They were trying to give me a coupon for 20 dollar and deliver tomorrow. Ah NO. JUST give me my money back. Then didn't want to give me the delivery charge back. Ah no. 1.5 HR ON THE PHONE JUST TO GET MY MONEY BACK. 1800 FLOWERS NEVER AGAIN. What a company. OH FORGOT TO Mention the rep for the refund was Rude as all hell. She said, "What your email address? GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!" WHAT!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

So first time ordering on Valentine's day to do same day delivery, customer service called me after I placed an order saying weather condition is bad. Can they arrange to deliver by tomorrow, I was like, "No, it's Valentines day. I want a refund." Then they went ahead and was like, "It will be delivered by today." It is now 8pm and I called again, they were like, "Oh we cant delivered today but we can deliver tomorrow." I told them, "NO, I want a refund," then they want to give me 50% off I was like, "Nah full refund," then they wanna give me store credits. I was like, "Nah. REFUND." GEEZ.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I don’t if I am more mad because the site was still saying that they had 2:30 same delivery flashing or that they cannot do anything for 3 days because they are over book with complaints. And I asked for anything to be delivered today if they could not delivered what I ordered than anything. Let’s start off their site as of today said same day delivery until 2:30. 2/14/2019. I order on Monday to have flowers delivered today but again my 2nd year in a row same address they tell me that they don’t have what I ordered.

So I asked to delivery anything. My dad has passed away a little over 2 years. Anything will do. I just didn’t want her to go a 2nd year w/o. I was told he knew how I felt (but I seriously doubt it unless he had gone Thru what I was going Thru trying to remember it’s only flowers for the 2nd time). So I get on Twitter and someone trying to help and tells me we have a fedex number it is on it way. So I go on my Fedex account nope the shipper just pulled the label/got a number to ship it but it not at Fedex. But not shipped and my bet it will never be shipped and that how I feel. And 1800 Flowers can quote that.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Ordered flowers for Mom 3 days before Valentine's Day. Received a text confirmation that "your order has been shipped!" But it never showed up. Called 1-800-Flowers and got a tracking number through FedEx. FedEx says it won't be delivered till Friday the 15th, the day after. Called back to speak to customer service, 30 min on hold. Finally got a person. Explained situation. Asked if a partial refund is in order. Put on hold for another 10 min so she could confirm with FedEx. Was told she couldn't get through to them. Offered a to send another order of flowers and a 20% discount on my next order (ha ha!). I explain another order of flowers doesn't help the fact that they missed their delivery date. Put on hold another 10 minutes.

At this point, I ask to just cancel the entire order and give me a refund. She says she can't, the system is backed up and needs a supervisor. So I ask for a supervisor. Put on hold another 10 minutes. Returns to tell me she can't get a supervisor. Asks for my number so a supervisor can call me back. It's 9:30 pm, I hope he doesn't call and wake me up at midnight. Not sure if I'll get a refund or not, or if my Mom will receive some frozen flowers tomorrow. Point is, this company has terrible customer service purposely (or maybe accidentally) designed to stymie customers from getting anywhere if something goes wrong. I was on the phone for a total of 1 hr and 15 minutes and got nowhere. I wish I recorded it so I could edit it down and post it online just to show how absurd this company is.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I ordered flowers for my wife in Valentine's Day on January 18th to ensure she got flowers on Valentine's Day. The flowers were shipped on February 13th and they were not delivered on Valentine’s Day as promised. When I called customer service I was on the hold for a half an hour before talking to an entirely unsympathetic service representative who asked me if it was ok that they were delivered the day after Valentine's Day with no offer for reimbursement. After telling the customer service representative several times that I desired to be reimbursed, he finally relented and after another 5 minute hold he provided a refund. I will not be ordering from 1-800-Flowers again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My husband placed an order for delivery of flowers today however the florist delivered the flowers to the wrong house and they got stolen. I do not recommend this company to deliver your flowers. I then get told by the woman on the phone that my next order can be 20% off like I'm actually going to order from them again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I had purchased flowers for my sweetheart on 1/19 and wanted them delivered on the special day of Valentines' Day. It wasn't so Valentines for me as the flowers never showed up. I was assured by the rep when I called that they would be here by 8 pm when I had called at around 4ish. Then called after 8 pm for a full refund. They were trying to give percentages off but I wasn't having it and I got the money back.

1-800-Flowers.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business since 1976, 1-800-Flowers sells a wide variety of gifts, including gift baskets, keepsakes and bouquets. The company offers standard bouquets and bouquets with fair-trade flowers that can be scheduled for same-day delivery or delivery at a later time.

• Same-day delivery: 1-800-Flowers offers a same-day service. Consumers enter the recipient’s zip code to see all the available bouquets.

• Seasonal arrangements: For home or the office, seasonal decorations are a must. Expect to see spring blooms, pumpkins, evergreens and more as the seasons turn.

• Shop by occasion: Unless you are a floral enthusiast, it can be difficult to tell what bouquet is suitable for which occasion. 1-800-Flowers takes away all the guesswork by breaking down its arrangements into convenient categories.

• Personalize gifts: Sending flowers can feel a little impersonal, but not when they come with an engraved candle holder or embroidered teddy bear.

• Go beyond flowers: While it has tons of lovely arrangements, it also offers a selection of keepsake gifts, from wine sets to picture frames.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs