1.13/5

2592 1-800-Flowers.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 21, 2019

I can't begin to relate how bad this service is or how unhappy I am with 1-800-Flowers but I'll try. I placed two orders. Only one was delivered as promised. First a delivery to the DC area where there are hundreds of florists was shipped from NH, arrived a day later than promised, and caused me to change travel plans on a holiday weekend. Then, a delivery to Fairbanks AK where I had found 3 florists cannot be be delivered because 1-800-Flowers has no florists who will deliver in the area. I was never notified that they could not deliver until the day AFTER delivery was supposed to be made. And in fact I would not have been notified at all had it not been for my inquiry on the status to my son and daughter in law's home address in Fairbanks AK.

To make things worse (I didn't they it could be either) their solution was for me to provide them with an alternative address. Seriously? What would you like me to do, have my son and daughter in law move to an area where they would deliver? Maybe I should tell them to move to NH so that they could get delivery? That's absurd. They live at the address I entered. To further anger me, they offered me a 20.00 Savings Pass on my next order. I know right? Like there would ever be another order. If they wanted to do something of value, they should offer a refund of the full amount of the purchase PLUS $20.00 credit on the same credit card to offset the aggravation over the two orders that 1-800-Flowers could not deliver as expected because the way I feel right now, I'd never buy another gift from 1-800-Flowers.

Original review: April 21, 2019

Very bad decision to choose this business for my Easter deliver. I ordered an Easter basket for my Grandson at college. Delivery date was supposed to have been today (April 20). I had to pay extra for a Saturday delivery. When I didn’t get a confirmation of delivery I called and was told it wouldn’t be delivered until Tuesday (23rd)! Reason, FedEx was closed and would not reopen until Tuesday. I told the lady I wanted a refund and forget the delivery but she said she would have to call FedEx and would I mind holding. I said, "No. Just refund my money" then hung up. I am still fuming. Never again.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2019

Placed Easter basket order on 4/15/19, order summary advised order to be delivered on 4/19/19. Called at 8 pm on 4/19/19 to advise them the deliver had not been made. After being on the line with them for approximately 45 minutes they informed me that delivery could not be made on Good Friday. After tracking order the morning of the 20th it advised no scheduled delivery date available at this time. So back on the line for over an hour and a half now. I’ve been lied to 3 times and still on hold waiting for my confirmation email confirming my complete refund. I’ve insisted on speaking with a supervisor who forever seems to be unavailable. All I get from the customer service reps is, "I’m sorry or I understand!" This company is beyond horrible! WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND, EVER!

Original review: April 20, 2019

An online order for an Easter flower arrangement was placed 4/17/19. A delivery was made 4/19/19 but it was not what I ordered. First the Customer Service people told me that what I ordered was indeed delivered. I had to send them the email received after placing the order to prove that an incorrect item was delivered. After several emails, they promised to send the correct item the following day. That did not happen. At 4:45 on the day the second delivery was promised, a phone call was received stating that the item I originally ordered was not available. They wanted to ship another item four days later. This is Customer-No-Service and I will never do business with them again.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Ordered flowers for Easter including one of their featured items - the Easter Egg. Though they said it was delivered, and redelivered, it never was. Had to fight with them to get a refund. They offered to redeliver... after Easter... Could not believe that one. Something is wrong with this company - their quality and service is really slipping.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: April 20, 2019

I went online to place an order. All went well until it came to pay for my purchase. I filled in all my info and submitted my payment and received an error message. Mind you any other site would tell you where your error is but not their. I reviewed all my information and hit submit again and again went to review what the issue could possibly be. It's not like this was my first online order yet stated an error occurred. My thought was I know there's money in my account and my patience ran short and I logged out. Minutes later I checked my bank account and they had charged my account 3x's nearly $200.

I called 1800flowers and was connected to someone outside the states that was no help whatsoever. They first asked for my order # and told them it never processed a confirmation due to the error message they couldn't find my order by name, cc number, or my email...ALL info asked on their site. I tried disputing with my bank and they stated the charges were pending and two charges ended up coming back the next morning and that the last charge will be 3-5 days. I invested at least hours into this mess and ended up without flowers, gave money for a service I didn't receive yet had to wait for my money to be returned. 3 horrible hours that I can never get back. My advice. Buy local.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I ordered a corsage and boutonnière for prom. The day of prom I received an email stating my flowers arrived at my home. This was a lie. The flowers were never delivered. I called three times and was told each time that they were in fact delivered and that I signed for them with my name. Every time Asked to speak to a supervisor the call would be dropped. When I finally got in touch with a supervisor he admitted the flowers were never delivered because the florist didn’t have the items in stock. He said he would issue me a credit. It’s been one week and I still haven’t received a credit. I called today and they said once again they would issue a credit. I’ll believe it when I see it. My daughter had no prom flowers and I was told that I personally signed and received the flowers when in reality the flowers never came. And I’ve paid for a product they admit they never sent. And they haven’t given me my money back this was the most frustrating experience.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Ordered flowers 3 times from here and 2 times they did not arrive on time. They charge crazy prices for shipping and still can get things there on time. When contacted they will blame the weather (there was no bad weather) and even sent an email saying they tried to deliver but really never did. They will also blame the florist but when contacted the florist they stated 1-800-Flowers never sent them any information until late in the day. Customer service always just wants to give you a voucher for another order which barely covers the shipping charges.

Original review: April 19, 2019

My arrangement did arrive on time but I feared it was not. I spent 45 miserable minutes with a polite young man who spoke very poor English and was incapable of taking dictation of my name, order number or intended delivery. It was almost comic that I have a 6-letter name and it took 8 tries to spell it. The 12-digit order number, he never got after 12-15 tries. He tried to help but evidently his supervisor refused to help me and insisted he solve the problem by himself. If I can help it, I’ll never use 1-800-Flowers again. The customer service is impossible.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Ordered flowers and balloons for my daughter's birthday. First they accept the order and charge your card, i.e take your money. Then they call you to say they cannot find a local florist. Then they call again and say they did. And then they do not deliver and do not notify. Then when you try to get customer service to just return your money, they want to offer to redeliver at half the charge, or just return the shipping fee or give you a cheap coupon. Never order from 1-800-Flowers!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

I ordered flowers for a 94 birthday, several days in advance. Like other reviewers describe, I got an email the evening of the delivery date saying they were not able to deliver the flowers. I called the next day and spoke with customer service. The agent was completely lost. He literally put me on hold 4 times. He put me on hold to see what happened. He returns and initially offered me a coupon for a future purchase.

After the next hold, he offered full refund, delivery of flowers, and a coupon. As I was saying thank you, he put me on hold again, and returned with an offer of full refund OR delivery. I told him that was unacceptable, and he hung up on me. If you want to pay for delivery that won’t happen, then this is the place for you... Very poor service, very poor reliability, very high charges for delivery. Please take your business anywhere else.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I had to place the same day delivery order for a funeral basket in Scranton, PA and, as it was on a short notice, I even followed it up with a phone call to make sure that my order is received and that it will be delivered on time. Customer service assured me that the they prioritize funerals and that my delivery cut-off will be met. At 7:50 PM I received a call letting me know that the flower basked is NOT going to be delivered before the end of day, leaving me with no recourse.

Delivery time was supposed to be before 4 PM - they obviously knew that they are not going to make it 4 hours before contacting me. Had they called me right away I could have looked into an alternative, but no - this company just wants to make a buck, at any cost. Basic human decency is not a part of their business practices. CS rep offered to have the delivery scheduled to the home of the deceased the next day, at FULL PRICE of the flower basket and with refunded rush fee. The audacity...!!! Of course, I lost my ** and let them have so they agreed to issue a full refund. Just awful, buyer: beware!

Original review: April 15, 2019

Ordered same day delivery way before cutoff time. Paid for the extra service charge. Was called at the end of the day stating it could not be delivered until next day. Called them back and told them that would not work since nobody would not be home on that day and I paid for same day delivery for a reason. Had to fight to get a refund and am still on the phone trying to get my money back. Will go elsewhere from now on. This was my first and last time ordering from 1-800-Flowers.

Original review: April 15, 2019

The comparison of the photo on their website to the actual product delivered is laughable. Huge ripoff. I will NEVER use them again. Embarrassing that they would ship roses that are so small and not even close to blooming.

Original review: April 7, 2019

Rip off extraordinaire. I got these flowers on Thursday for my birthday, I am sure they cost every bit of $40. I guarantee you I could go down to any grocery store and buy the same same bouquet for less than 10 bucks and it would last two weeks. I can and have gotten it for $3.99 at Trader Joe’s and had them last two weeks. And then I see the average review for 1-800-Flowers is a 1.1, WTF!

Original review: April 7, 2019

Flower that were delivered were nothing like picture. Not enough flowers. Whatever florist they used should redo. Spent way too much money for what my friend got. I took a picture of what was received. Very very disappointed.

Original review: April 6, 2019

We ordered flowers after a relative had surgery. They were to be delivered the day after surgery. They never came. We didn’t get a text or email saying they could not deliver. When we called and spent 33 minutes on the phone they said the local florist did not have the right address. But the address 1800Flowers had was correct. And it is the local hospital! They are now delivering the flowers 3 days late. They are sending a 20 dollar next order discount but I won’t use them again. We were embarrassed our flowers did not get to our close relative and upset we never heard from 1800Flowers. Poor service.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Ordered online a flower basket for my dear friend mom's funeral. 2 days later they tried to call and sent me email about the product was not available and suggested replacement of a small plant. I called and talked to them for almost 2 hrs waiting for them to research and found out what really happened. Was told the order was processed with wrong product and delivery date and no way to cancel it and would be delivered as scheduled. Since it was their fault they reinsured a replacement order for the right product and delivery date. Checked with my friend and didn’t receive the so called wrong product. The day before the replacement order I called to make sure it would be delivered and was told the flower basket would be delivered on schedule.

On the next day an email saying attempted to deliver the flower but with some issue and they will try again. Since I was wary about it so I contacted them. Sure enough the order was canceled without any notice to me. But was offered to send it out four days later. Are you kidding me? The service is not going to wait for this. Was offered a full refund. It is so disappointed and embarrassed to tell my friend that there will be no flower to be delivered. Had used them a few times in the past. Didn’t even cross my mind to check the reviews until my terrible experience with them. Never ever again.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Hi, I ordered online a 91.99$ flowers arrangement. The basket is not the one on the picture. Instead, it was provided with an ugly one, less quantity as supposed, not completely the flowers ordered, not much resemblance with the picture online.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Do NOT order a plant from this company!! I ordered a medium Gardenia plant for my mother’s birthday. In the photo, it is full, Green, blooming white flowers. What was delivered was scrawny, stick-like, not a single bloom. It looks nothing like the photo online, except for the pot it is in. I understand that for the convenience of having something delivered in another state, there will be an upcharge - but for $50-$75 - I expect quality! So disappointed. There is no place on their website to leave comments to warn others. I would love to post pictures. No one would believe it!

Original review: March 28, 2019

I ordered flowers for my wife on Valentine's Day 174.00. By day end she did not get them. She was available 100% of the time to get them. After calling customer service they said they were delivered. After arguing with them they agreed to resend them the next day. Well to our surprise they were not delivered. Calling customer NO SERVICE again they told me that since it was the weekend they couldn't get them out until Monday, That was not an option at this point the holiday was over and the day ruined. I was then told I would get a full refund and it would be posted in 7 to 10 days. It has been over 30 days now and no refund. I guess they figure I won't follow up and they will keep the 174.00. I am guessing this must happen often. Please don't get taken by this company. There are plenty of others to go with. Lost customer for life.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Order process is simple and transparent. Offers a fairly large variety and selection of flowers and combinations of gifts plus flowers. Delivery is ALWAYS exactly on time... Never missed. Flower recipients have always been extremely pleased with the flower quality, beauty, and appearance. When ordered, the vases were always gorgeous and impressive, while helping to display the flowers in a beautiful way. 1-800-Flowers is my go to source whenever I want top quality with fine and dependable delivery. The prices are comparable to others. Discounts and sales are available from time to time, so there are also money-savings from time to time as well. Given all the positives, this company is well worth doing business with.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Downloaded the app and ordered flowers right away. Ordered two arrangements in a week. First one arrived, nothing like the picture but doable. Ordered second arrangement, absolutely not like picture, missing some basic flowers and very sloppy work. Complained online, another arrangement arrived today, again nothing like the picture at all, the flowers are brown and wilting. Florist took first arrangement back. I understand they contract out to local florists, and some of the flowers will not be available. But wow! Not at all worth what I paid and very poor customer service. I would have done better getting flowers at the grocery store by the checkout stands. Deleted app. I really wanted to like this company. Ordered an arrangement from FTD online, got exactly what was in the picture for less money. Stay away from 1-800-Flowers!

Original review: March 25, 2019

I ordered a $200.00 standing spray for my father's funeral. I showed up at the mortuary at 10:00. No flowers. We called. 1-800-Flowers contacted the florist. Flowers were on the way. Service was at 11:00. No flowers. I finally received a text saying the flowers had been delivered. AT 1:00. While we were at the cemetery. I called the mortuary. They said the flowers weren't delivered. I called 1-800-Flowers again. I was told the flowers were delivered at 9:15. I was at the mortuary at 10:00. There were no flowers and only one receptionist who said there was no flower delivery. I called 1-800-Flowers again.

I was told the flowers were delivered. The person on the phone would not even call the florist to see if the driver accidentally delivered the flowers to the wrong location, which I would totally understand. No, "I was wrong". "The flowers were delivered". I was out $200.00, my father's funeral did not have flowers from his daughter and did not even receive an apology. I have been a very loyal customer up until now. If anyone doubts this is a real review, my order number is: Order #: **.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Ordered a bouquet for relative moving in to new place with lots of pastel lilies and daisies. Told them it had to be delivered any time after 4pm. They not only ignored the delivery instructions, but they sent an ugly bouquet with colors that are not complementary, contain multi colored roses, no lilies, and was mishapen, but they managed to send it 5 days late as well. How are they still in business?

Original review: March 24, 2019

Their one-year Passport Membership ($20) advertising says "Free Delivery/No Service Charges on Every Order". I purchased the Passport in September 2018... Just tried to place an order and they put a Service Charge on it. They said it was because I had already used my Passport. They won't refund my money! Not ordering from them ever again!

Original review: March 20, 2019

A friend sent me flowers for my mom passing. They sent the flowers to the wrong address and said they would send them out the next business day. The delivery person saw flowers on my counter. Said they were delivered. The flowers were from someone else. Never got the flowers. My friend never got his money back. Bad service.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I ordered flowers for my daughter (her 29th) but her first away from home in another state. They tried to deliver at 2:30p when most folks work day is until 5p in Denver. They would not re-deliver. Really disappointed.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I placed an online order. I had a gift card. When I applied the gift card I authorized the remaining balance with my credit card. When I received my receipt the balance was 293.34 instead of 8.34. They charged my credit card 293.34. My total order before the gift card was 151.24. 5 people later they said that the computer added the gift card instead of subtracting it. They said it would be up to 60 days before they refund my card. They refuse to send me a new receipt so I can dispute it if they dont give me my credit. I will never use them again.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Ordered flowers to be delivered to my wife at her work on her birthday. The site indicated that they would be delivered ON her birthday during business hours. They never came. How can they screw something like this up. They had one job to do. If they weren't going to be able to do it, they should have told me. I would have made other arrangements. It is more EVIL to agree to do a job and not do it than to simple tell me they can't do it in the first place. I attempted to get a refund using their online system and the agent told me that he could only refund part of my order because a different department handled the other part so I would have to call their 1-800 number and wait in the queue. If you sell it online, then support it online. I will NEVER use 1-800-Flowers again.

1-800-Flowers.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business since 1976, 1-800-Flowers sells a wide variety of gifts, including gift baskets, keepsakes and bouquets. The company offers standard bouquets and bouquets with fair-trade flowers that can be scheduled for same-day delivery or delivery at a later time.

• Same-day delivery: 1-800-Flowers offers a same-day service. Consumers enter the recipient’s zip code to see all the available bouquets.

• Seasonal arrangements: For home or the office, seasonal decorations are a must. Expect to see spring blooms, pumpkins, evergreens and more as the seasons turn.

• Shop by occasion: Unless you are a floral enthusiast, it can be difficult to tell what bouquet is suitable for which occasion. 1-800-Flowers takes away all the guesswork by breaking down its arrangements into convenient categories.

• Personalize gifts: Sending flowers can feel a little impersonal, but not when they come with an engraved candle holder or embroidered teddy bear.

• Go beyond flowers: While it has tons of lovely arrangements, it also offers a selection of keepsake gifts, from wine sets to picture frames.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs