3.6/5 (1418 ratings)

About 1-800-Flowers.com

1-800-Flowers has been in the business of handcrafting flower arrangements, gift baskets, gourmet food items, keepsakes, household plants and home goods since the early 1980s. It was the first company to use a toll-free number for flower orders. 1-800-Flowers specializes in fresh flower bouquets, corporate gifts, flower arrangements for funerals, weddings and large special events.

Pros

• Long-lasting
  • Extensive selection
  • Can order through local florists

Cons

• Shipping charges can be high
  • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

1-800-Flowers has been a trusted flower delivery service for nearly 40 years. It offers a wide selection of flowers, gifts and gourmet gift baskets with same-day delivery options.

Top 1-800-Flowers.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The flowers were beautiful and stayed so fresh. My MIL sent me pictures of them every day for 16 days before they started to wilt. She was delight and so were we. It was certainly...

Verified

The service is great! If you have a question about arrangements or can't decide what's best for your loved one, one of the reps have the needed experience to help. I ordered an ap...

How does 1-800-Flowers work?

1-800-Flowers makes it easy to browse floral arrangements and gift baskets, customize products and order online. Most fresh flower arrangements can be ordered in various sizes, ranging from small to extra large. At checkout, you have the option to add a digital movie to the purchase for the recipient. You can also add balloons, gourmet chocolates, candy pretzels and stuffed animals to your order.

Some of its most popular bouquets and floral arrangements include:

• Fields of Europe Summer Bouquet with sunflowers or similar blooms, blue delphinium, yellow daisy poms, green button poms and purple statice ($39 to $69)
  • Lavender Garden Bouquet with white roses, lavender daisy poms, Peruvian lilies (alstroemeria) and lavender carnations ($45 to $55)
  • Blooming Love Bouquet with either 18 or 21 hand-cut red roses ($65 to $85)
  • Ocean Breeze Orchids with 10 stems of dendrobium orchids ($50 to $82)

1-800-Flowers has floral arrangements for every occasion and “just because.” Along with flowers, customers can order themed gift baskets such as:

• Snacks and Sweets Gift Basket
  • Simply Chocolate Gift Basket
  • Summer Fresh Fruit Basket
  • Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Birthday Cake
  • Savory Snack Crate
  • Magical Unicorn Truffle Cake Pops
  • Fruitful Harvest Dried Fruit and Nut Crate

For customers looking for a keepsake gift, 1-800-Flowers has a large inventory of gifts and trinkets for almost every budget. Some of the most popular keepsake gifts available include friendship candles, giant teddy bears, robes, aromatherapy gifts, birdhouses, wind chimes, jewelry and picture frames. Keepsakes range from $20 to $250.

1-800-Flowers prices

1-800-Flowers has flowers and gifts at a variety of price points. The average cost for a bouquet of birthday flowers is $50, and funeral wreaths and arrangements for services range between $49 and $300. Elegant vases with two dozen hand-cut red roses are $66, and sorbet roses range from $39 to $66.

Along with a custom bouquet, customers can add extras onto their orders. Some of these extras include:

• Balloons: $6 per balloon
  • Gourmet chocolates: $15 to $20
  • Teddy bear plush: $20
  • Candy bar pretzels: $32
  • Godiva Gold Ballotin: $50
  • Enticing Fruit and Sweets Gift Box: $45

At checkout, customers may notice a shipping and service charge. Both fees vary depending on the size of the order. There is a $2.99 surcharge for same-day delivery, and the standard service charge for an order between $60 and $100 is $15. Shipping costs for an order between $80 and $100 is $20.

1-800 Flowers FAQ

Does 1-800-Flowers use local florists?
Yes. To ensure quick delivery and ultimate freshness, 1-800-Flowers works with local florists in your area.
Will 1-800-Flowers leave your flowers at the door?
If no one is at home for the delivery, the flowers are left with a neighbor or at a safe place near the home.
What time does 1-800-Flowers usually deliver?
Normally, delivery times are between 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the recipient's time zone.
Can I cancel my 1-800-Flowers order?
If your order is en route or has already been delivered, it can’t be canceled. If your order is for a future date, you can call or email to cancel.
Does 1-800-Flowers deliver on Sundays?
Yes. Certain flower arrangements can be delivered on Sundays for a $2.99 surcharge.

Is 1-800-Flowers legit?

1-800-Flowers has been around for decades because of its extensive selection of flowers and gifts. It has received positive reviews for having high-quality products and exceptional customer service. 1-800-Flowers offers same-day delivery and fresh flowers and gifts for every budget.

1-800-Flowers.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

I received a bouquet of flowers on August 31. They were still full and beautiful on September 6 and beyond. I am sharing a picture of the bouquet after 7 days. I would recommend this company to anyone wanting to put a smile on their loved one's face.

Original review: May 17, 2021

I ordered flowers for a friend to celebrate his 50th birthday, but like always, I was a bit late in getting things done. My order was processed quickly and the florist who filled the order contacted me to ask when the recipient's birthday was. I told her that it was today, thinking that the flowers would most likely not arrive that day before he left his home for the day (celebratory birthday party). I was delighted when my friend sent me a picture of the flowers an hour later! The florist went the extra mile to get them ready and delivered so that my friend would have them to show off at his party.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I live in Tennessee. I was attending a Celebration of Life in Lake Havasu City, AZ when I received flowers for Mother’s Day from my son. The flowers were black and slimy. I called 1-800-flowers.com to report. Flowers were replaced and delivered to my home in Mason, TN. They are absolutely fresh and beautiful! Thank You!

Original review: May 5, 2021

Even if the desired arrangement may contain substitutions at the florist completing the order, I have never been disappointed. Delivery has always been as promised, and has never failed to delight! Even during Holidays. Flowers are fresh, colorful and amazing. I have been able to order last minute, and have never had an issue.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I had to come in here and give my review. I've been using this website lately for sympathy, get wells and just because. The recipients have been over the moon excited to get such lovely flowers and they all sent me pics. I had credit to use so I sent myself some for International Women's Day and omg how beautiful!! I wish there was a spot that I could upload a picture.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Ordered flowers for a funeral. Went over it multiple times for when they would be delivered. They never delivered the flowers, and won't refund my money for 2 months. FOR A FUNERAL. How sad is that. Ruined my relationship with the family.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Ordered a gift one week in advance of delivery date, a Tuesday in mid-January. Gift was not delivered on date promised. Tracking said delivery would be next day. Next day, tracking said no delivery date was available. I called recipient to explain the absence of a birthday gift and she said 1800flowers had done this to her once, and actually canceled her order without notifying her. I spent a long time on hold while a representative at 1800flowers tried to remedy this. I have very little faith this gift will ever arrive--even if it does, the surprise is ruined and it will be a late gift. Not recommended at all, this seems to be SOP for this company.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

I am not talking about money that I spent for the plant which is not cheap at all. But if I am spending that crazy money for delivery, I want the product to be delivered on time at least. 3-day delay is outrageous!!! And it is still in Kentucky instead of Indiana! I will never buy from this company again!!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I ordered flowers for my wife's last day at her company. First I got a notification that the flowers had been delivered, they had not. The flowers showed up at 8pm several hours after the notification. The bouquet was wilted and the quality was terrible. I called their Customer service and was offered a 50% refund. Not including shipping. So 30 bucks on a 100 dollar purchase. I will never use again. Terrible quality.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

This has by far been the worst experience ordering from a company I've ever had. I ordered two bonsai trees on December 9, 2021, both to be delivered to me on December 15, as I wanted to give them in person as Christmas gifts. One bonsai was in good shape, and was as expected, although overpriced for what I got. The other arrived literally broken in half at the trunk! I'm just glad it was delivered to me rather than the person I was to give it to, in which case they would have received a broken piece of garbage.

I immediately called customer service, informing them of this problem, and that the item was useless and unacceptable. They promised a replacement order for Dec 22, which never arrived. I called customer service again, and was told a replacement order was to be shipped, and again, I never received anything. I called yet again, and was promised a replacement order yet again. We'll, guess what? Nothing arrived, and absolutely no communication from the company, and no tracking information at all.

So on January 7 I called to get a refund, nearly one month after my original order was placed. They offered me a 50% refund, which is totally unfair given the circumstances. At that point, I said fine, just to be done with this horrible, frustrating experience. My would-be Christmas gift did not happen, and because of the incompetence, a large part of my holiday was ruined.

There is no excuse for this debacle, especially given the fact that delivering decent quality products in a timely fashion is their only job. They offered $20 off my next purchase from them, as if I would ever order from them again. If I could give negative stars for this place, I would. Buyer beware, any place has to be better than this.

1-800-Flowers.com Company Information