2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5
Based on 2,084 ratings submitted in the last year

1-800-Flowers has been in the business of handcrafting flower arrangements, gift baskets, gourmet food items, keepsakes, household plants and home goods since the early 1980s. It was the first company to use a toll-free number for flower orders. 1-800-Flowers specializes in fresh flower bouquets, corporate gifts, flower arrangements for funerals, weddings and large special events.

BOTTOM LINE

1-800-Flowers has been a trusted flower delivery service for nearly 40 years. It offers a wide selection of flowers, gifts and gourmet gift baskets with same-day delivery options.

PROS

• Long-lasting
  • Extensive selection
  • Can order through local florists

CONS

• Shipping charges can be high
  • Can be expensive

Top 1-800-Flowers.com Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

The flowers were beautiful and stayed so fresh. My MIL sent me pictures of them every day for 16 days before they started to wilt. She was delight and so were we. It was certainly worth the price! We will definitely be using this service again.

The service is great! If you have a question about arrangements or can't decide what's best for your loved one, one of the reps have the needed experience to help. I ordered an appreciation bouquet for a former colleague and they were thrilled!

How does 1-800-Flowers work?

1-800-Flowers makes it easy to browse floral arrangements and gift baskets, customize products and order online. Most fresh flower arrangements can be ordered in various sizes, ranging from small to extra large. At checkout, you have the option to add a digital movie to the purchase for the recipient. You can also add balloons, gourmet chocolates, candy pretzels and stuffed animals to your order.

Some of its most popular bouquets and floral arrangements include:

• Fields of Europe Summer Bouquet with sunflowers or similar blooms, blue delphinium, yellow daisy poms, green button poms and purple statice ($39 to $69)
    • Lavender Garden Bouquet with white roses, lavender daisy poms, Peruvian lilies (alstroemeria) and lavender carnations ($45 to $55)
    • Blooming Love Bouquet with either 18 or 21 hand-cut red roses ($65 to $85)
    • Ocean Breeze Orchids with 10 stems of dendrobium orchids ($50 to $82)

1-800-Flowers has floral arrangements for every occasion and “just because.” Along with flowers, customers can order themed gift baskets such as:

• Snacks and Sweets Gift Basket
    • Simply Chocolate Gift Basket
    • Summer Fresh Fruit Basket
    • Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Birthday Cake
    • Savory Snack Crate
    • Magical Unicorn Truffle Cake Pops
    • Fruitful Harvest Dried Fruit and Nut Crate

For customers looking for a keepsake gift, 1-800-Flowers has a large inventory of gifts and trinkets for almost every budget. Some of the most popular keepsake gifts available include friendship candles, giant teddy bears, robes, aromatherapy gifts, birdhouses, wind chimes, jewelry and picture frames. Keepsakes range from $20 to $250.

1-800-Flowers prices

1-800-Flowers has flowers and gifts at a variety of price points. The average cost for a bouquet of birthday flowers is $50, and funeral wreaths and arrangements for services range between $49 and $300. Elegant vases with two dozen hand-cut red roses are $66, and sorbet roses range from $39 to $66.

Along with a custom bouquet, customers can add extras onto their orders. Some of these extras include:

• Balloons: $6 per balloon
    • Gourmet chocolates: $15 to $20
    • Teddy bear plush: $20
    • Candy bar pretzels: $32
    • Godiva Gold Ballotin: $50
    • Enticing Fruit and Sweets Gift Box: $45

At checkout, customers may notice a shipping and service charge. Both fees vary depending on the size of the order. There is a $2.99 surcharge for same-day delivery, and the standard service charge for an order between $60 and $100 is $15. Shipping costs for an order between $80 and $100 is $20.

1-800 Flowers FAQ

Does 1-800-Flowers use local florists?
    Yes. To ensure quick delivery and ultimate freshness, 1-800-Flowers works with local florists in your area.
    Will 1-800-Flowers leave your flowers at the door?
    If no one is at home for the delivery, the flowers are left with a neighbor or at a safe place near the home.
    What time does 1-800-Flowers usually deliver?
    Normally, delivery times are between 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the recipient's time zone.
    Can I cancel my 1-800-Flowers order?
    If your order is en route or has already been delivered, it can’t be canceled. If your order is for a future date, you can call or email to cancel.
    Does 1-800-Flowers deliver on Sundays?
    Yes. Certain flower arrangements can be delivered on Sundays for a $2.99 surcharge.

Is 1-800-Flowers legit?

1-800-Flowers has been around for decades because of its extensive selection of flowers and gifts. It has received positive reviews for having high-quality products and exceptional customer service. 1-800-Flowers offers same-day delivery and fresh flowers and gifts for every budget.

1-800-Flowers.com Reviews

Original review: April 2, 2021

I ordered a sympathy bouquet for my mother’s memorial and paid for the largest size, $129.99. After delivery fees and taxes the total was $159.00. The problem is that the bouquet I received is smaller and less full than the advertised photo claimed it would be. I have pictures for proof.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I ordered flowers for my daughter’s 25th birthday. I wanted 25 roses sent to her. Since it was not a standard dozen or 2 dozen I called to place the order. All seemed well. Since then I have talked to countless reps who can not get the info correct. They don’t put the apartment number. They don’t have the zip code correct or even the city. They are sending 24 not 25. I placed the order with “Neen”. I have chatted online with Ashley, Adam, Eliza, Ariana, Eric, Belle, and I can’t remember the rest, but about 12. I talked on the phone to Jen and someone else from customers service. I think these names are made up, but don’t really care. I just want the flowers delivered and to be done with them. Never ever again.

They get 1,000 stars for incompetency. They get zero for flower deliver because there still has not been a delivery. They were supposed to be delivered 3 days ago. They really are amazing at being a hugely frustrating business to deal with because they keep saying it’s taken care of, etc etc. Then I check & it is NOT, they have something important wrong. Like the actual STATE the address is in.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I ordered a cactus/succulent assortment for my daughter's bd. It arrived badly damaged. They replaced it 15 days later with LILIES. I specifically wanted a plant that could be nurtured. If I wanted FLOWERS, I would have ordered flowers. They said they would replace it again. The only thing they did right was get it there on time.

Original review: March 25, 2021

On Friday 3/19 I paid for a flower arrangement to be sent Saturday 3/20 to a friend in the hospital who had a baby. On Saturday night, 3/20 at 9pm I noticed it not delivered. I called their customer service and spoke to a rep who said local florists are rejecting orders to hospitals due to COVID. She offered to have it sent Monday 3/22 to my friend's home address since the local florist was closed Sundays. Monday 3/22 comes and it's 9pm and again, order not delivered. I call customer service a 2nd time and am apologized to and informed that the 1st rep never updated the order to the residential address I gave.

This 2nd rep apologizes, takes the residential address again, and then promises it will be delivered Tuesday 3/23. Tuesday comes and 9pm rolls around and again, no delivery. I call a 3rd rep who says they are sorry, but the first 2 NEVER CHANGED THE ADDRESS FROM THE HOSPITAL TO A RESIDENCE. I am so upset at this point, give this 3rd rep the residential address, and am promised Wednesday 3/24 that it will get delivered. 9pm on Wednesday comes and sure enough, the flowers still are not delivered. I am so livid at this point because I cannot get hold of anyone at corporate or a manager or someone in charge--- I keep going in circles with the customer service center which isn't even in the U.S.

I even asked to talk to a manager or have one contacted me and am told "we are working from home, therefore we have no manager to help". POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. So this 4th rep I call and speak to apologizes because when the 3rd rep input the home address, he LEFT THE HOSPITAL NAME ON IT. So the florist rejected it again thinking this home address was for a hospital even though it's a residential address. I called back because after the 4th person updated and corrected the address and claimed to have it going tomorrow, 3/25 to the residence, the email confirmation I get shows SHE CHANGED THE ADDRESS BACK TO THE HOSPITAL.

I call and speak to rep #5. At this point I want to cry. My friend is never getting her order, and 1800 Flowers has taken my money without delivering. I have invoices for each order they input, cancelled, and reinput. 5 invoices for the same thing. Rep #5 apologizes, says she will correct the system, puts me on hold and claims to have contacted the local florist, and will have this delivered tomorrow, Thursday 3/25. Day 5 since this was originally supposed to be delivered, day 6 since I made and paid the order.

I asked for email confirmation this was going to the right address tomorrow. Rep gets sarcastic and says the website doesn't always update in time with them and that the order may still reflect the bad address. Well no kidding the website doesn't update-- and apparently you don't update your florists either. I am so upset that one, no one told me the florist rejected my original order until 24 hours LATER and only because I called to ask. The company should have immediately called me to tell me it was rejected and to get it re-routed. I am also upset 5 reps to date still cannot update to the correct address and my money and flower order are MIA.

I can attach the invoices so you can see the debacle I have been up against. At this point I want to speak to someone in charge who will acknowledge this is horrible customer service, and I want refunded for the flowers. I don't care if they get delivered anymore-- I will pay a company who cares about my business and who has people I can get hold of who can rectify an issue. I never used to use 1800 Flowers, but my husband insisted because he worked for a sister company, Cheryl's, years ago. I will take my business and money back to FTD.

Original review: March 21, 2021

Never again.. I ordered my mother’s flowers and Balloons and with express service..

1. She didn’t get the express delivery on time.
      2. The orders were separate. She received the Balloons one day the flowers on the first day.
      3. the flowers that I picked out was supposed to be pink and white Lilies. They sent her all white.

4. The Balloons were delivered the next day and they were not at its best looking.. I spent too much money for the service and to get this kind of treatment was very bad and all they afford was a $15 certificate.. that’s ok. I will not be trying this service again.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I ordered a flower arrangement for my mom's 80th, she did not get any flowers. She received a bucket without buds, just grass. If you can't fulfill the order, cancel it, dont send grass. They offered to replace with a lower cost product, and when I refused they offered a 50% refund. I had to ask for a manager and set on hold to get a full refund and my mom got 0 flowers for her birthday.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I ordered two (2) large bouquets of flowers a week before I needed them. 1) They got delivered a week early. 2) They looked like garbage compared to the picture. 3) They told me the day before they needed to be delivered that they could not/would not fulfill the order, they said the local florist was overbooked. 4) Customer service is a joke, straight up asked them if they want my business and she said "no". I will NEVER do business with them and WOULD NOT recommend to anyone!

Original review: March 8, 2021

I had to come in here and give my review. I've been using this website lately for sympathy, get wells and just because. The recipients have been over the moon excited to get such lovely flowers and they all sent me pics. I had credit to use so I sent myself some for International Women's Day and omg how beautiful!! I wish there was a spot that I could upload a picture.

Original review: March 4, 2021

Flowers ordered and paid extra for 2/27 delivery. Substitution needed. Fine, until I saw what they chose. Requested different flowers to be delivered 3/1. Told no. Delivery is 3/2. 3/2, no Delivery. Request cancelation AND refund. No cancelation, only partial refund they say. Ordered from somewhere else and they were delivered within 3 hours. So, I have paid for two different deliveries and only satisfied with one. Never ever will I order from 1-800flowers again. Order was delivered today. Not even close to what I ordered. Tie-dyed roses are the ugliest things I have ever seen.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I ordered flowers for next day delivery, flowers should have been delivered 2/26, tried contacting automate service only to find out I was scheduled for 3/5, I requested to cancel and was told they couldn’t then find my order to call customer service. I called customer service and am told after verifying all information that their system is down. I contact today again 3/2 to cancel and was told after multiple excuses that I will have to wait 1-2 billing cycles (30-60 days) to get my refund!!!!

1-800-Flowers.com Company Information