3.6/5 (775 ratings)

About 1-800-Flowers.com

1-800-Flowers has been in the business of handcrafting flower arrangements, gift baskets, gourmet food items, keepsakes, household plants and home goods since the early 1980s. It was the first company to use a toll-free number for flower orders. 1-800-Flowers specializes in fresh flower bouquets, corporate gifts, flower arrangements for funerals, weddings and large special events.

Pros

• Long-lasting
  • Extensive selection
  • Can order through local florists

Cons

• Shipping charges can be high
  • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

1-800-Flowers has been a trusted flower delivery service for nearly 40 years. It offers a wide selection of flowers, gifts and gourmet gift baskets with same-day delivery options.

Top 1-800-Flowers.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The flowers were beautiful and stayed so fresh. My MIL sent me pictures of them every day for 16 days before they started to wilt. She was delight and so were we. It was certainly...

Verified

The service is great! If you have a question about arrangements or can't decide what's best for your loved one, one of the reps have the needed experience to help. I ordered an ap...

How does 1-800-Flowers work?

1-800-Flowers makes it easy to browse floral arrangements and gift baskets, customize products and order online. Most fresh flower arrangements can be ordered in various sizes, ranging from small to extra large. At checkout, you have the option to add a digital movie to the purchase for the recipient. You can also add balloons, gourmet chocolates, candy pretzels and stuffed animals to your order.

Some of its most popular bouquets and floral arrangements include:

• Fields of Europe Summer Bouquet with sunflowers or similar blooms, blue delphinium, yellow daisy poms, green button poms and purple statice ($39 to $69)
  • Lavender Garden Bouquet with white roses, lavender daisy poms, Peruvian lilies (alstroemeria) and lavender carnations ($45 to $55)
  • Blooming Love Bouquet with either 18 or 21 hand-cut red roses ($65 to $85)
  • Ocean Breeze Orchids with 10 stems of dendrobium orchids ($50 to $82)

1-800-Flowers has floral arrangements for every occasion and “just because.” Along with flowers, customers can order themed gift baskets such as:

• Snacks and Sweets Gift Basket
  • Simply Chocolate Gift Basket
  • Summer Fresh Fruit Basket
  • Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Birthday Cake
  • Savory Snack Crate
  • Magical Unicorn Truffle Cake Pops
  • Fruitful Harvest Dried Fruit and Nut Crate

For customers looking for a keepsake gift, 1-800-Flowers has a large inventory of gifts and trinkets for almost every budget. Some of the most popular keepsake gifts available include friendship candles, giant teddy bears, robes, aromatherapy gifts, birdhouses, wind chimes, jewelry and picture frames. Keepsakes range from $20 to $250.

1-800-Flowers prices

1-800-Flowers has flowers and gifts at a variety of price points. The average cost for a bouquet of birthday flowers is $50, and funeral wreaths and arrangements for services range between $49 and $300. Elegant vases with two dozen hand-cut red roses are $66, and sorbet roses range from $39 to $66.

Along with a custom bouquet, customers can add extras onto their orders. Some of these extras include:

• Balloons: $6 per balloon
  • Gourmet chocolates: $15 to $20
  • Teddy bear plush: $20
  • Candy bar pretzels: $32
  • Godiva Gold Ballotin: $50
  • Enticing Fruit and Sweets Gift Box: $45

At checkout, customers may notice a shipping and service charge. Both fees vary depending on the size of the order. There is a $2.99 surcharge for same-day delivery, and the standard service charge for an order between $60 and $100 is $15. Shipping costs for an order between $80 and $100 is $20.

1-800 Flowers FAQ

Does 1-800-Flowers use local florists?

Yes. To ensure quick delivery and ultimate freshness, 1-800-Flowers works with local florists in your area.

Will 1-800-Flowers leave your flowers at the door?

If no one is at home for the delivery, the flowers are left with a neighbor or at a safe place near the home.

What time does 1-800-Flowers usually deliver?

Normally, delivery times are between 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the recipient's time zone.

Can I cancel my 1-800-Flowers order?

If your order is en route or has already been delivered, it can’t be canceled. If your order is for a future date, you can call or email to cancel.

Does 1-800-Flowers deliver on Sundays?

Yes. Certain flower arrangements can be delivered on Sundays for a $2.99 surcharge.

Is 1-800-Flowers legit?

1-800-Flowers has been around for decades because of its extensive selection of flowers and gifts. It has received positive reviews for having high-quality products and exceptional customer service. 1-800-Flowers offers same-day delivery and fresh flowers and gifts for every budget.

1-800-Flowers.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

The very large spray of flowers were ordered for the funeral 6 days in advance. When the flowers had not arrive by noon on Monday, the day of her mother's funeral at 1pm, I called and was assured that they would be there by 1. The flowers showed up at 7pm that night. 6 hours after the funeral. My family was devastated. I called the company the next day and after 35 minutes on the phone, I was finally allowed to speak with a supervisor who previously, I was told was too busy to speak with me. The best Christine could come up with was a refund that I would receive in 7-10 days and an apology phone call to my significant other. I asked to speak with her supervisor and was refused. I asked to record her refusal and she ended the call. Please, never use this company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

If I could give this 0 stars I would! They don't even deserve one single star, don't waste your time or energy on this horrible place! They do nothing to fix the situations at all! I paid $100 for my mother to receive flowers as beautiful as the photos and it was a mistake thinking they would look the same. My mother has been sick with the flu for 3 weeks and I thought sending her flowers would at least put a smile on her face and I was WRONG!!! They supposedly attempted to deliver flowers 4 times and she finally received them BROWN!! BROWN DEAD FLOWERS THE LADY SAID SHE HAS HELD ON TO FOR 3 DAYS!!! HOW IS THIS OK??? Every single person I have talked to lied and did nothing at all. They don't care but will apologize a million and 1 times for nothing and do not care at all!! Horrible. Don't ever go to this place and think you will be happy. You will not!!!

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Not recommended at all. Last year I couldn’t be with my wife for her birthday, so this year was very special. This crappie company never delivered the flowers. I HIGHLY NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY. Not worth it. If you expecting a nice detail for your loved ones definitely use other services.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

I wish zero stars was an option! I ordered an adorable puppy floral arrangement for my hospitalized 95-yr old grandmother. I spent $85 dollars on this arrangement. The arrangement looked like nothing like the order! When I tried to call for a resolution, I was disconnected after being on hold for 13 minutes. I then went onto the website and initiated a help chat. It took over an hour to reach even a somewhat satisfactory resolution. The rep even called me by the wrong name at one point.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Ordered from here twice. First time the order did not show up. It claimed delivered but was not there. It was a business and they had the name so it shouldn't be hard. So I called. They argued with me for awhile that it was out for delivery until they finally listened and actually checked. So they did replace it. Day late. Not great, but whatever. Placed another order weeks later. This time the order comes up delayed. I am somewhere that I cannot call, but I can use the chat to speak to them. Worst experience ever. I was disconnected about 6 times. The agent would say something and before I could even type a reply it would say I was dormant too long and disconnect. Had to call. Waited on hold forever. They said they could redeliver the next day, but this time cannot change the address for some reason.

The person will not be at that address the next day and if I change it then it will be 4 more days. Ridiculous. So I just canceled it. At this time I still haven't received the refund so it looks like I am going to have to call them again. I will never do business with this company again. I also left a review on their website and their suspiciously is barely any negative reviews. Pretty sure they delete them.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Please do not use this website to buy any flower for your own good. If you want to buy flowers or friends and family or yourself, or anyone, there are so many other options. I tried to order a sympathy bouquet for my friend, but soon realized that I ordered the one with the wrong vase. So I went on the chat to cancel the order. I was told the order was just placed, so I needed to wait for 30 minutes for it to process to cancel it. I waited 30 minutes and went on the chat again to cancel. I was told the order was successfully canceled and I will get my returns in 1-2 days. (I have a screenshot of the chat too)

However, I never get my refund, and I had to pay for two orders. I went on the chat to ask for the refund, but the agent tried to ignore me--not kidding I know it sounds ridiculous, but I had to wait for 11 minutes and keep asking if the agent was still there to get the response. When she finally respond, she said there was nothing she could do, and she just ended the chat.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

My family received the 1-800-Flowers.com Sympathy Blooming Garden after the death of a family member. It looked nothing like what the advertised plant looked like. When taken out of the packaging, leaves & flowers were either dead or broken. It was a very big disappointment to say the least. I called customer service to complain. The representative couldn't have been more helpful. She had a replacement sent out immediately. Unfortunately, that one wasn't much better. I will most definitely never use or recommend 1-800 FLOWERS.COM again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Delivered a dead plant to a recovering cancer patient and then haggled over the amount of the refund when customer service was contacted. I can't really think of a less classy way to do business, but when one is discovered, trust that they will be all over it.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

#ChrisMcCann CEO of #1800Flowers was unable to deliver joy, comfort or support with my gift to a newborn baby. I received confirmation that my gift package was delivered only to find out a month later that in fact it was not. I contacted the support team, they guaranteed it would be re-delivered. I received another confirmation of delivery and again, no show. I contacted them again and they acknowledged a delivery problem and guaranteed another delivery. Guess what? It never happened for a third time. They credited me what I paid for the gift and offered me a $20 gift card toward my next purchase. I trusted this company to make me look good as I sent a gift. For a company that is in the business of sending joy, comfort and support, I experienced none of that. What I did experience was an embarrassing runaround that trickled down to the recipient.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Ordered a fruit bouquet for my daughter's bday- it wasn’t delivered even after numerous calls to check in status and being told it would be delivered by 8pm. An email Said it would be redelivered, I assumed the next day. Called the next day and was assured that it would be delivered that day and was given a shipping $credit and a 20$ store credit for “my inconvenience”. Got an email an hour later that it wouldn't be delivered until the following day! Called AGAIN and was told that they put in a reorder and now it wasn’t going to be delivered until the next day.

Asked them to call the shop and they couldn’t get ahold of them. Asked for another credit or something and was told They couldn’t. Asked for a supervisor who told Me the same thing and that my only options were to have it delivered 2 days late or cancel for a refund- when I asked how they can just deliver any time they want she replied there was nothing she could do. So mad! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They are also affiliated with fruit bouquets.com

1-800-Flowers.com Company Information