3.00/5
Based on 2,028 ratings submitted in the last year

2861 1-800-Flowers.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2019

So my best friend was recently dumped by her boyfriend so I wanted to send her flowers to cheer her up. I placed my order Friday before Memorial Day weekend and on Saturday received a call telling me the florist was closed for the holidays. They offered me 50% off which was very generous if I let them deliver it Tuesday after the holiday. So I agreed of course. I got an expensive one for her so half off was awesome and she’d still get them. Come Tuesday nothing got delivered and I received a call. They told me the florist didn’t have the flowers/arrangement I had ordered so they needed to push it to Thursday. I was disappointed but then they offered to throw in a free plush stuffed animal. Although there were hiccups mostly because of the holiday I was very happy with how 1-800-Flowers did their best to make me happy and keep me a continuous using customer. She got them today and needless to say she LOVED them.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I have been a customer of 1-800-Flowers for over 12 years. I am a realtor and use them for gifts for my clients purchasing new homes. If I have an open house and I need some flowers I Call them. I have used them for funerals and for - get-well occasions. The delivery time has almost always been 100% on time with the exception of one time we had a tropical storm and they still got my delivery there. The prices are good as well. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I chose 1-800-FLOWERS because they had so many choices for Mother's Day. I chose them this year for the first time because I had a few bad experiences with FTD the last few years and they are more expensive. My mom and I found the customer service with 1-800-FLOWERS was very polite and professional. My mother loved the arrangement, however they forgot to bring the extra balloon. I called customers service, they verified it and my mom had her balloon within an hour, no issues.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Order process is simple and transparent. Offers a fairly large variety and selection of flowers and combinations of gifts plus flowers. Delivery is ALWAYS exactly on time... Never missed. Flower recipients have always been extremely pleased with the flower quality, beauty, and appearance. When ordered, the vases were always gorgeous and impressive, while helping to display the flowers in a beautiful way. 1-800-Flowers is my go to source whenever I want top quality with fine and dependable delivery. The prices are comparable to others. Discounts and sales are available from time to time, so there are also money-savings from time to time as well. Given all the positives, this company is well worth doing business with.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

My YorkiePoo (Fred) had eye surgery and had just turned two. My daughter who is living in Germany (work) knew I was upset with his surgery and taking care of him was taking a toll on me and the holidays were approaching and I felt down and out. She called me and told me she had something special sent to me to arrive the next day. So when I opened the door and saw flowers in the shape of my dog with holiday decor in a chimney, I could of cried. It was the most beautiful floral arrangement I have ever seen. It lasted three and a half weeks (with watering). It made my holiday one of the best. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: June 19, 2019

I ordered flowers for my girlfriend on Valentine’s Day to be delivered at her work as a surprise. I paid an additional fee to have them delivered on that day. They were not. I informed the company of this and they were not helpful. They told me that they would deliver Saturday (two days after) I replied that wouldn’t work because she would not be in the office and requested a refund or change the delivery to her residence. They refused the refund and would not change the address. So after the weekend passed and she returned to work she got her flowers. Which wasn’t what I had ordered initially plus they were broken and low quality. I had more luck buying from a supermarket at a fraction of the cost.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I did my research and ordered from 1-800-Flowers.com. Please look at the picture of what SHOULD have been delivered to my daughter and new granddaughter. What she got was a bouquet half the size of the Medium one shown, no ribbon, and a smiley face Mylar balloon with “Baby Girl” written across it with a sharpie. The flowers did not even appear fresh. I paid for the passport shipping which was 19.99 so my total charge for this order was $84.76. My daughter sent pictures. The “Wow” factor I should have gotten was completely ruined. This is my daughters first baby and she is in the Navy in Virginia and I’m unable to be there. It makes me very angry that I paid for such ** service. 1-800-Flowers will only refund $31. on the flowers and the $19.99 for the passport shipping. My advice is to call a local florist and order directly. I’m so very disappointed.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I placed an order for a specific arrangement. This was extremely important as the arrangement reflected sentiments for a serious yet tender purpose. The flowers were delivered the next day as requested and were exactly as pictured on the website. I have ordered from this business before and once again I was very satisfied. Also, I was able to use a promotional code with no trouble.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I ordered flowers for my mom’s birthday & paid an extra delivery fee for the day I needed them delivered & purchased the annual passport subscription. Of course, thinking this was a a good business. However, my mom's flowers were not delivered even with the additional charges & when I called after 8 as directed due to flowers being delivered as late as 8 she said the florist closes at 8 & nothing they can do to have them delivered. The best they could do to rectify the situation is call my mom or give me a $3.99 refund, (seriously) or cancel my order. Obviously, I canceled the order but to refund the annual membership I have to wait on a call back from a different department tomorrow... This call took over 30 mins as is & now preparing for round 2 tomorrow! I think my point is made & I regress.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Terrible communication and customer service. I have used 1-800-flowers for two orders. The first order was placed for my wife's birthday. The week of her birthday I called to cancel the order due to a forecasted winter storm that would happen on the delivery date. I was told that the order could not be canceled, even after persisting and staying on the phone for 30 minutes to explain and re-explain my frustration with the situation. Finally, they offered to change the order date to a later date (after her birthday), refund shipping, and gave me $20 for a future order.

The second order was for my mom on Mother's Day. I ordered the day before, paid rush shipping to guarantee arrival on Mother's Day, and used the $20 gift certificate to bring the price down to a palatable level. Lo and behold, the order never even shipped and my mom received nothing on Mother's Day, the week after, or even a month after. I had to call A MONTH LATER to find out what happened; oh, the rep told me, "we were out of stock of that item..." Thanks for letting me know. I got a refund and re-issued gift certificate as an apology. No, they didn't ship the item to my mom for free as a way of apologizing. They simply refunded my gift certificate, so it wasn't really any loss on their part. Never again will I let this company ruin an opportunity to show love to my family members. Stay away from them and call a local florist directly.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Custom Wind Chimes ordered 5/30 as a funeral gift. Estimated arrival at residence on or before 6/5/19. Called on 6/17 to an overseas call center. They informed me that they don't know what happened, it was a problem on their end. Being that this is the fourth consecutive order that has arrived late or not at all, and I pay for the stupid subscription of the passport membership, I asked for a manager. I questioned, "What can you do to make this right." She first offered $20 store credit, that was not going to do it. We settled on 50% refund and confirmation of shipment, which I really feel like the amount of business I've spent over the years, it should have been comp'ed. Needless to say this is where our business relationship ends.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I order a boutique on 6/12/19 to be delivered on 6/14/19. I called 1-800-Flowers. They tell me they will send a different replacement because the one I order was delivering on 6/15/19. If I order 2 days ahead is because I want them to delivered on 6/14/19 not 6/15/19. Not just that they didn’t processed the replacement nor wanted to refund me. Basically they told me to suck it up. Never again bad experience.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Don't order flowers from 1-800-Flowers. They will take your money and never deliver. And then tell you that they will give you a refund and no matter how many times you contact them you never get your money back.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Ordered flowers to be delivered to a home for a funeral on a Sunday. Delivery was guaranteed by Tuesday. No delivery, no email, no text, no phone call. After my 2nd phone call to them on Wednesday morning, they could not guarantee a morning delivery, even though was a DAY late. Ended up cancelling whole order--no flowers for funeral. What a joke for a national company.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I called to order flowers. They were not delivered. I called to find out why. They said, "Sorry will deliver tomorrow." they did not deliver tomorrow. I called to ask them why. They said they would deliver them the next day sorry. I asked them why they weren’t delivered. Then they said they didn’t have a florist in the area! So I asked them how they were going to deliver them the next day. The man said they probably wouldn’t. I asked for a full refund. I never got the refund.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Upon learning of a childhood friend’s sudden passing, I immediately contacted 1-800-Flowers online (on 5/29/19) to place an order for the viewing and funeral. I was very clear on my order, i.e., where the flowers were to be sent as well as that this was a “FUNERAL” and that I needed next day delivery. The on-line process seemed easy enough and after finding a perfect purple flower bouquet in a basket, which was my friend’s favorite color, I also found the option to have next day delivery for a small extra fee. To ensure there would be no hiccups with the order, I paid extra for the next day delivery. Not sure why the arrangements were made by the family last minute but I figured if you offered expediting orders this would work.

I checked and rechecked the site on 5/30/19 to see if my order number had been processed. When the evening of the funeral viewing came and went, Friday morning (the day of the funeral 5/31/19), the status had not changed from PENDING, I opened the online chat option. All I got was an apology and an offer to “message” the local florist. In this day and age, who knows what “messaging” between businesses really meant. This now being the day of the funeral, I needed something done and quickly!

I had an appointment Friday morning, so I called 1-800-Flowers from my car. By the time I got to a customer service rep, all she could do was apologize and offered to message the florist. I asked FIVE times for a manager and she insisted she could fix this. She then offered to reroute the flowers to another address. What good does that do when you wanted the flowers sent to for a funeral which is where the deceased’s viewing and funeral would be held?

The customer service rep put me on hold and after several minutes, I had to hang up to meet my appointment. I called back an hour and fifteen minutes later. When I finally got a second CS rep, she offered nothing different from the previous rep and accused me of yelling. YES, I was yelling because I couldn’t believe how insensitive and completely incapable your CUSTOMER SERVICE people were. THESE WERE FLOWERS FOR A FUNERAL, which means this is a time-sensitive delivery.

Again, I asked for a manager at least five times during this conversation and she insisted she was “experienced” to handle my “issue.” An issue 1-800-Flowers staff created! I told the rep., I wanted her to contact the florist and call me back with a status and a manager to call me back. She insisted she couldn’t call me back and that I had to remain “on the line” for her to go to another line and call the florist. I insisted that she call me back, since my number was on the order to begin with and your company was not going to make me late for the funeral! She finally agreed to take my number and call me back.

After another hour, a manager (Erika) called me. All she could do was apologize. She said she tried the local florist but believed they evidently weren’t in yet and said she would message them. I said, “You know what, cancel the order and credit my credit card. You cannot guarantee anything at this point and I am done with your company!” All 1-800-Flowers' staff is trained to do is apologize. If 1-800-Flowers really wanted to make this right, the first person I spoke to could have gotten a manager, called me back and guaranteed to me that they would make this right and refund half the amount of my order for having not made the delivery for my friend’s viewing.

Not only was I upset about my friend’s passing but this company took NO INITIATIVE to rectify this situation with the first phone call. No one should have to grieve through a loved one’s death in conjunction with trying to get a flower order placed. Not sure if it was the employees’ incompetency to process online orders or the employees’ incompetency to find florists reliable enough to complete a flower order. I will never use this company again. What an absolute disgrace considering what this company used to be like. They need to review their company’s mission and retrain their customer service reps or just close up shop!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I called in my order as I wanted it to be exact. Of course I felt like I was talking to someone in another country. I was very specific in my order that it had to be delivered between 9 am and 12 pm as my significant other only worked until 2:30 pm and didn't want to chance them not getting to her. It is a very important occasion. It was also scheduled for a Friday delivery. So I keep checking the status of delivery and at 1 pm it's still showing as not having left the shop. I call customer service and they tell me that I did not request the 9-12 delivery even though I paid for it, just that the flowers were to be delivered during the day after 9 am. WRONG.

So my special surprise never made it to her before she left. Not only that, they had the address as " Vista Park Way" rather than "Vista Parkway". Another sign whomever took the order was not competent as I even spelled it for them. SO when entered into a GPS who knows what came up for the delivery person. I can't believe I paid $100 for this kind of service. And to boot, now the flowers will sit in her office all weekend just to start drying out before she even gets them. I called customer service and they told me there was nothing they could do. I am so upset. Never again will I use this company.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I ordered this bouquet for my mother’s birthday and what she received was absolutely awful! The flowers were smushed, wilted, and looked nothing like what I picked out. Save your money and don’t order for them!

Original review: June 6, 2019

My mother retired and I was very excited to send her a large arrangement of flowers for her last day of school as a teacher. I chose an early time slot for them to deliver, as schools close at 4 pm. They did not arrive on time, and I had to reach out to the local florist who was delivering them. It was very confusing as I had to deal with 1-800-Flowers AND the local florist who made the arrangement. After multiple phone calls, they told me they could not deliver on that day. They said they would have to deliver the next day, which was very upsetting as this was my mom’s last day of work. After this whole mess, when my mom finally did receive the flowers, they were SO small. I could have paid $15 for this arrangement at another store. Instead I spent almost $100 for late delivery, a small floral arrangement, and poor customer service. Just terrible.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I ordered the small Lovely Lavender Planet from 1-800 Flowers to be sent to my mom in California for Mother's Day, I live in Virginia. Sadly when it arrived it was almost dead. She tried to save it but it was completely dead within two days. I was very disappointed to find this out. I ordered a plant and not cut flowers because I wanted her to have something that would last a long time. So, in the end, I spent $42.68, after tax and shipping, for my mom to get a cute little pot and a dead plant. Very disappointing and I will never order from them again.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I ordered flowers for the death of a loved one but after I purchased the flowers on the app, it listed all the wrong information, including the delivery address. It also deleted the gift message. I called customer service to cancel my order and they hung up on me.

Original review: June 5, 2019

The lady who attempted to take my order asked me who the order is being sent to 4 times, she misspelled my name even though she asked me to repeat the spelling twice, there was a language barrier and she seemed to not understand what I was asking her so I had to keep repeating questions. This is horrible. This has been the worst experience placing a flower order. It was not like this years ago when their customer service call center was based in the U.S.A. Now it is located in an internationally.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Zero stars would be more appropriate. Ordered flowers to be delivered to my Wife at her work on our 25th anniversary. Paid extra for a specific window time of day they offered as she only works particular hours mid-day. Flowers were not delivered at all, and when complaining to a company rep over chat they offered to waive the delivery charge and give me a $20 discount on my next order. What hubris, to think that I will ever order from them again after this. They didn't even try to contact me and tell me they may not make the delivery on time.

After the next day, the order confirmation said delivered, but nothing came. On another lengthy chat session they finally agreed to a full refund, after first trying for a 50% refund. Can you believe? They wanted to split the difference? So, in the end all they did was give me my money back, after investing time to deal with the reps and a missed once in a lifetime opportunity, I don't think that makes up for it.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Their customer service is very good, polite and professional. However, best to visit a local florist. Customer may not get what is pictured, and the problem is even if it states local florist delivery, it may come by FedEx. It's embarrassing to have a box delivered and the recipient has to arrange their own flowers. What brightens their day is a delivery of a beautifully arranged bouquet. The others issue is if it's a business, one would like the arrangement delivered early, so the recipient can enjoy all day. Mine was delivered near closing. Go local.

Original review: June 5, 2019

For Valentine’s Day this year I ordered roses for my wife a week before Valentine’s Day. Paid the guaranteed delivery. Received the day before and they were not looking so great. Followed the instructions. Presented the day on Valentine’s Day and they were DEAD. My wife was disappointed. I was mortified. Called their Indian call center. Was told we we get a new shipment and coupons. The only thing I have ever received were coupon. No replacement order. NOTHING! Do not order from these jokers!!

Original review: June 2, 2019

I ordered a gardenia bonsai plant for my mom and it died within a week. It was infested with spider mites. They sent me a replacement and it was also infested with spider mites. I called them and they told me I would get a full refund. A month went by and no refund. I called and they told me a "system error" kept it from processing. If I hadn't looked for it on my credit card I would've never known. Then they only processed a partial refund and proceeded to argue with me on what the correct refund amount was. They are liars and thieves. Do not buy anything from them or their sister companies.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I had 2 bad experience with 1-800-Flowers. First:5/4/2018, I ordered sympathy flowers to be delivered. It was not received. They promised to resend which they never did. I must deleted this order number. Second: 5/3/2019, my husband ordered me flowers - tulips for Mother's day. The flowers I received were crushed and wilted. My husband contacted them, they promised to resend again before Mother's day but did not receive the flowers. We will not use 1-800-Flowers services ever again.

Original review: May 31, 2019

1 800 Flowers messed my stuff up. I have senior prom in two days and I ordered a boutonnière from 1 800 Flowers last week and I got a message TODAY that it’s out of stock. Y’all waited a full week to tell me that. Not to mention when I ordered it in the first place I selected the delivery date for May 31st and after checkout it changed the date to June 7th (a week after prom) and I had to talk to customer service (shoutout to Marlon, the only good thing at 1 800 Flowers) to get the date changed back. Fortunately I called my local florist (shoutout to Cinnamon’s Florist in Issaquah). Do NOT trust 1 800 Flowers. They will mess your stuff up too.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I ordered "Her Special Bouquet by Southern Living" which was presented in a white pitcher. My bouquet was described as an "all around arrangement" for $49.00. When I arrived at the delivery site the arrangement was half an arrangement with a preponderance of greenery and only half the number of flowers promised. Since this was for a table centerpiece, what was delivered was not useful. I asked for a refund and was offered an apology and a new bouquet.

Because this was for a reunion and the event was concluded, I again asked for a refund. Again I was offered an other bouquet and an apology. I explained that the event was over and all parties had gone home and remarkably I received a third apology and an offer for a replacement bouquet! I informed the person that there would be no one to receive the flowers and reiterated that I wanted a refund. Each time 1-800-Flowers wrote to me it was a different person. Finally I was offered half a refund and yes, another apology.

Any other business would have had one person handle a complaint like this and frankly would have gladly refunded my money with a promise to improve their procedures. This would have gone a long way in retaining any confidence I would have had for the company. Neither the product nor the customer service I experienced was satisfactory and I would not recommend using 1-800-Flowers to anyone.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Mother's Day ordered flowers for my mom who lives in Florida. They were delivered but looked absolutely nothing like the photo online of what I ordered. Called customer service. They apologized & had the florist send the correct bouquet next day & issued a $20.00 credit off next order. I had a 2nd floral arrangement on order for a 50th birthday for a cousin in a different part of Florida. And I specifically asked them to inform that florist to replicate the photo of the bouquet I ordered online. Again, the bouquet arrived, looking nothing like what I ordered. Again, I called to have it corrected. Again, another $20.00 credit was issued. A 2nd bouquet was delivered, which still didn't look exactly like the photo online, only this time, they took the 1st bouquet back. Needless to say, you aren't getting what you're paying for & often times have to get it corrected. I will not use this company for flowers again. Too much aggravation. Will look for another company, like FTD.

1-800-Flowers.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business since 1976, 1-800-Flowers sells a wide variety of gifts, including gift baskets, keepsakes and bouquets. The company offers standard bouquets and bouquets with fair-trade flowers that can be scheduled for same-day delivery or delivery at a later time.

• Same-day delivery: 1-800-Flowers offers a same-day service. Consumers enter the recipient’s zip code to see all the available bouquets.

• Seasonal arrangements: For home or the office, seasonal decorations are a must. Expect to see spring blooms, pumpkins, evergreens and more as the seasons turn.

• Shop by occasion: Unless you are a floral enthusiast, it can be difficult to tell what bouquet is suitable for which occasion. 1-800-Flowers takes away all the guesswork by breaking down its arrangements into convenient categories.

• Personalize gifts: Sending flowers can feel a little impersonal, but not when they come with an engraved candle holder or embroidered teddy bear.

• Go beyond flowers: While it has tons of lovely arrangements, it also offers a selection of keepsake gifts, from wine sets to picture frames.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs