1.29/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2256 1-800-Flowers.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

After hearing a promotional ad for their flower Christmas tree I decided to look into it when I got home later on 12/11. After reviewing the description and the sample picture I decided to send one to my sister and brother-in-law in Florida. They don't put up a Christmas tree anymore so I thought it would be a nice centerpiece for their table for the holidays. I also added in a small box of chocolates that was offered as an option with the tree. Although 1-800-Flowers offered next day service I wasn't in a hurry so I opted for delivery on Friday, 12/14. My thought process was the extra days would mean that the tree would arrive as scheduled. How wrong could I have been?

On Friday evening I received an email confirming delivery. On Saturday morning I called my sister to ask her about the tree. Much to my surprise she had no idea what I was talking about as she had received no deliveries of any kind on Friday. She further stated she had been home all afternoon and evening from about 4:00 pm on. I then called 1-800-Flowers customer support around 8:30 am local time and explained the situation. The support person took my information and then put me on hold so as to ostensibly talk with their local delivery agent. When she returned she informed me that their agent's records show a delivery to my sister's address at 6:08 pm.

I said that was interesting as my sister was home at that time and didn't get anything and she lives in gated community where the gates close at 6:00 pm. Any delivery driver attempting delivery after that time would have to be buzzed in by my sister. I told the customer support person someone was misinformed and I don't think it was my sister. She put me on hold again and then came back in a few minutes and offered to deliver the tree that afternoon. In addition they would give me a voucher for $20 off on my next purchase. I said okay but that if they failed to deliver this time I was through with them. I also reminded them about the 6:00 pm gate issue with my sister.

I again called my sister and told her to look for the tree that afternoon. She purposefully waited at home all afternoon and again the delivery didn't show up. At this point I was pretty embarrassed and disappointed that I had my sister spend all Saturday afternoon at home for no result. I again called customer support and after several apologies they wanted me to try again for Monday. I said no way and was adamant that had failed twice and I wanted to cancel the order. The customer support implied that was not possible but finally after 10 minutes they agreed to a cancellation of the order and a refund of the charges. When I asked for a cancellation number or email message for proof of the cancellation she said they didn't do that. This sounded strange to me so as a precaution after I hung up the phone.

I called my bank and asked about the transaction. They said it had posted on 12/12 the day I made the purchase. I explained what happened and they went ahead and opened a dispute procedure for the transaction and provided me with a provisional credit. They would check into the details and let me know the outcome in 10 days. Furthermore, unlike 1-800-Flowers, I received a confirmation email of the disputed transaction from my card issuer.

I think the thing that bothers me most is the confirmation email stating they had delivered the item. I assume that the local delivery people are agents and probably not employees of 1-800-Flowers but in any event they are not trustworthy. The delivery status was not changed by magic in their system so someone in the chain had to knowingly add the delivery time. Whether it was a mistake or an outright fabrication I'll let you decide. I know what I believe and I can assure you I will never use this company again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I ordered a nice floral arrangement yesterday for my nieces funeral today. They not only didn’t get the flowers to the funeral on time which was noon to 2PM, but had the gall to send a delivery notice after 6 PM tonight after I complained they screwed up. Now I get another email after complaining that they will resend a new arrangement tomorrow out of the goodness of their heart. Now I have to figure out how to get all the people that attended today to go back and reattend tomorrow so they can see the flowers. Arrogance, lousy service, thoughtless **. If you buy from them just remember what I posted here and you can’t say I didn’t warn you.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I ordered balloons and a stuffed animal for same day in Toledo... Not a small town... And paid a premium for the same day delivery. They failed to deliver so I called and was told they would deliver the next day. No offer to refund the same day delivery fee. Then they failed the 2nd time to deliver which was a Saturday. Now they want to deliver on Monday. This is for a 10 year old in ICU with a very serious disease. They did offer to refund $20 of my $70 bill... Wheee! They should stay out of the business if they can't get it right.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I ordered serene green floral arrangement in size medium for my sister's 70th birthday. She sent me a picture of the flowers she received. There was absolutely no resemblance to what I had ordered. She received a mason jar with random flowers stuck in it. The flowers were not even right. I called to complain and was told a replacement would be sent the next day. My sister never received them despite their website stating order delivered. I then called again and requested a full refund. The agent was extremely sketchy and would not give me the refund confirmation number. All this pleasure cost me $70.00. Long story short- lousy flowers, deceptive agents and advertising and surprise - no refund. THIS COMPANY IS A RIPOFF. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND ORDER YOUR SHIPPED FLOWERS FROM YOUR LOCAL FLORIST. No customer service. I am considering calling the Better Business Bureau and agencies in Florida.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I have never been so embarrassed. This year as I have in years past I ordered from 1-800-Flowers. I sent my secretary of 27 years what I thought would be a beautiful tree. When she sent me the picture of the flowers she received from me I was horrified. I immediately called customer service. They sent out another one - little better. I also ordered for my sister and cancelled that order today because I can't trust that you are not continually engaged in bait and switch practices. I will never do business with 1-800-Flowers. I'm posting to my Facebook for all to avoid you and considering contacting the Florida Attorney General's office of Fraud.

This kind of business practice cannot be allowed to continue. Worst of all tomorrow the first florist is picking up the first set of flowers - total class. If you'd like to see the pictures I will send to you. These were the $99 trees not the cheaper ones. I hope you post this so that other potential customers can be protected. Product Choice - It looked like a quality product. Bait and switch? Merchant Choice - Used to be a quality company to do business with. No longer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I tried canceling my order for 2 days and have not received an email confirmation that it was canceled. They told me that it will take 24 hours for an email to come in after calling the 3rd time. I am very disappointed and will not be using this company again. They also informed me that it takes 3 to 5 business days which I canceled the very same day within an hour of ordering the arrangement.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

This is the second time I used this company for a floral gift delivery & my order didn't get to the correct recipient. This company does not follow instructions for delivery so I won't be using them any time soon in the near future.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

The "Large" sympathy arrangement I ordered for my Mother-In-Law's funeral was easily overlooked on a small table off to the side. For $93+, it should have been noticeable. The flower quality was acceptable but, the size was not.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I ordered a Sympathy Christmas Floor Basket on 12/6/18. After placing the order I realized the service was to be held at a Church not the funeral home so I called back within 10 minutes spoke to a rep with bad English to change the delivery address. She confirmed the change and a new order number was given. I received an email stating the new address change. I replied to the email to confirm that the flowers would be at the church before 10:00 for the service. I live in Maryland the flowers were going to Tennessee.

I pulled up the tracking information only to find out no flowers were ever delivered. After speaking to customer service again I was told the florist did not deliver the order because they could not make the 10:00 service. Order placed was placed Thursday for a Saturday delivery and they could not do it? This is the second time this has happened both times orders for Tennessee. My credit card was charged $ 97.97. The florist did not contact me to tell me they did not fill my order. I can't believe they do not deliver an order and can't have the decency to contact you and tell you, "Sorry but we did not send your order."

I called customer service to get my refund and the girl ask me 3 times if I wanted her to resend the order. I said, "NO the person is already buried. I don't want them sent to an empty church." "OK I understand... Do you want me to try to send the order now!!!" NO THE FUNERAL IS OVER I DON'T WANT THE FLOWERS SENT. The last time the same thing happened... No flowers were delivered and I guess they figured I would not find out they kept my money and never sent the flowers. So I can say without a doubt I will never use 1-800-FLOWERS again. Very upset my loved one received nothing!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my aunt in the hospital for same day delivery. When she received them they looked nothing like the picture. That was important to me because I liked the decor of what I ordered. I emailed and got a quick response and a promise of a redelivery the next day. Fast forward 7 days and still no flowers. I'm currently on the phone with cs and been on hold for 15 minutes just to get a refund. The agent is either new or untrained because this is ridiculous. I will never order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Placed and paid for a flower arrangement to be delivered. I live in the CA SF Bay Area. Flowers were shipped from NEVADA. I’m pretty sure there are closer florists than 400 miles away. That being said, the flowers were not delivered on the day promised. After I informed the company about the non-delivery, they offered me a $20 gift card lol. I then said I would never do business with this company again and a $20 gift card would be pointless. I demanded a full refund, and they claimed to have refunded my money. I have yet to see it put back into my account. Horrible business.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Flowers were ordered and paid for. Did receive a call at 5:00pm from a girl speaking way too fast on my answering machine. I played the message several times to get the order number and reason for the call. (florist didn't have the right flowers for the arrangement I ordered) I returned the call,stated it would be fine to substitute different color roses in the arrangement. I also stated there are several other florist near my mother, so maybe reroute to one still able to deliver right arrangement to Mom before 8pm. She said she would call back within half an hour to let me know final outcome. She never called back and Mom didn't receive her birthday flowers. But I received an email stating they TRIED to deliver them which was a false statement. My husband replied harshly as this was a very expensive order. He asked for a 19.00 refund as the flowers were not received when promised. We received an email stating the full amount was refunded.

When I called customer service again, I was told the refund was able to be processed because THEY CANCELED THE ORDER. No one gave them any permission to cancel my mothers birthday flowers. It took me a very long time to pick the perfect arrangement for her 80th birthday. I have spent endless time on hold to talk to people I can't understand and not get any results. I will never use this company (call center) again. I will call the florist myself.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I ordered a plant on November 8 (and paid!) to be delivered on 12/1. It wasn’t delivered. When I complained — 3 times — I was told each time that they would deliver in 12/4 and NOT charge me an additional fee. I ALREADY PAID. In addition, they told me that their way of making it right would be to give me $20 off my NEXT order. I told them that didn’t make THIS order right and if they gave me $20 off this order I might use them again — I had this exchange with 3 customer service representatives who each ignored that I had already paid and who did nothing to make this experience better (except swear that they were committed to “100% smiles.”).

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

My company ordered flowers for me on my day of surgery. To be delivered to the hospital. This was on Friday Nov 16th. I came home late afternoon on the 17th. No flowets. Three calls from my office staff and one by me they finally delivered the flowers to my house on the 20th. The arrangement was pretty but all the flowers died in 4 days. I had roses from my husband bought at a grocery store that lasted almost 2 weeks. I will never use 1-800-Flowers.com nor will any of the 63 employees at my place of employment.

Resolution response: Dec. 3, 2018

The company resent the order and they were beautiful. They also offered a $20 coupon for my next order. I thought the customer service was excellent in resolving this matter which more than made up for the poor quality on the first delivery. Very satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I ordered a beautiful, bright floral arrangement for my niece who is hospitalized. What she got was a vase filled with stems and lots of leaves to make it seem like there were a lot of flowers and a few randomly put together flowers that didn't even represent the colors or types in the flowers.com picture. It was very dull, not bright yellow, orange, and pinks in the flowers.com picture. I had problems with them ensuring quality from the vendors they use a few years ago and stopped using them but I gave them another try and they failed miserably. Most grocery store flowers have prettier arrangements than these. For almost $100 I feel I should get what I ordered or at least a reasonable facsimile!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I ordered 12 red roses to be sent to my wife at her school today. I was called at 9:00 this morning and told they didn't have 12 red roses and if 6 red and 6 pink would be OK. I said no, I wanted the 12 red that I had ordered (in short, I didn't believe they couldn't find 12 red roses in Palm Beach County). The agent said there wasn't a problem and he would have the 12 red roses I ordered delivered; he put me on hold and I was eventually hung up on. He called back and said that, if I wanted 12 red roses, I needed to send my approval through email; I told him all I wanted for the company to do is fill the order I placed. He put me on hold again, and I eventually hung up after 5 minutes or so. I called Customer Service and they were no help; I eventually told them to just cancel the order. Now, I'm stuck trying to find a reputable florist who can deliver in the next few hours. I wish I had read the reviews before I used them.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I paid $60 for flowers to be delivered that we’re not even close to that of the image!!! Would never recommend and if I could give 0 stars I would. The roses do not even begin to be that of the image, the vase isn’t even the same color?!? Why post pictures of things you can’t make???

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

My family & I sent flowers to a Evansville, IN funeral home for a recent loss we had to face. The funeral home suggested us to use 1-800-FLOWERS, so we did. The order was placed 11-21 or 11-22-18 for a delivery date on 11-25-18. We received a phone call today, 11-26-18; stating 1800FLOWERS was unable to meet the deadline and that they were sorry and to let everyone know they really do care! WHAT??!! This is NOT acceptable. Please BEWARE and cautious of using 1800FLOWERS in any part of our country (USA) as we have tried sending flowers with them (1800FLOWERS) another time and they could not find the correct residence. They're WILTING, to say the least. VERY disappointed!!! :(

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I ordered a sympathy candle last week. When I came to the screen that gave options on delivery prices, I hit free delivery. All of a sudden I was charged $19.99 for ‘passport’. I was not given the option to change the delivery option. I would have chosen the one day option instead. It was much cheaper! I quickly emailed the customer service to say cancel the order. I did a screen chat to cancel the order. I replied to a text sent to me to say STOP the order. I received a phone call from them and the next day. I talked to over five people in this call!

Although I asked the order to be canceled in the first five minutes that I placed it... no one would cancel it. I was told the next day that it had shipped! Which was not true. I want my money back. Misleading company... do not hit the free option for delivery. It’s not ‘free’. They don’t explain it until the $19.99 is tagged on. I paid $54.00 for a candle that should have cost me $34.99. This was an awful experience for me. Who wants to use a ‘passport’ delivery on any other item for a year... when I plan to never use them again! I contacted my bank about this fraudulent transaction. Awful customer service experience.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Nice and fast online site, but that's where it stops. I ordered on a Thursday for a Saturday delivery. I got a call from their customer service department, saying to contact them. I called and got someone in another country who spoke broken English, and had trouble understanding me because she was in a room with about 50 other people talking on the phone. She apologized over and over and said delivery was delayed because of weather. It's clear but cold in Iowa, but no severe weather.

Promised delivery by 1 pm Sunday for a funeral for Monday, so I said ok. And she promised that I would receive an email notification of delivery, which never came. Monday morning at 10 am, I called customer service again to ask "where is it" and was told it was delayed because of weather. Apologized again, and wanted to send something else later. Since this was for a funeral that was going to happen in 1 hour, I told her to forget it. She promised a full refund in 3 working days, I'm holding my breath on this. ** Do not use this company. **

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Ordered something for my nine year old because she was having a rough week and her father and I wanted to let her know we thought she was doing great and loved her. Told her in the morning that a surprise would be here by the end of the day for her, mind you I ordered her item on a Sunday for a Friday delivery. Well here it is Saturday afternoon and it still has not arrived. Extremely disappointed not only for service but because my daughter was hurt also. Will NOT buy from again.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I placed an order through 1-800-Flowers.com for a large flower bouquet to celebrate my mother-in-law's final cancer treatment. The flowers never made it. No one emailed me or left a message at my contact number to let me know that there was an issue with the order (they were out of the flower type I ordered) so the flowers never made it to her. When I called to find out what happened with the order, the rep barely spoke English. He asked me to give him a positive review and I responded, "I'll see what I can do" to which he laughed! I'm extremely upset with this experience. I really wanted to do something nice for her after such a tough battle with cancer! What an awful customer experience and a terrible way to treat a person!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I had surgery and my mother ordered me a GORGEOUS $80 arrangement. After the delivery getting pushed back despite the "same day delivery" claim, she ended up cancelling and getting a refund. The person she spoke to on the phone said that they couldn't do the arrangement she ordered because the "florist was overbooked." They said the arrangement coming to me would be equal to or better than what she ordered.

After a 6 day delay, the flowers arrived despite the cancellation. It was an arrangement that would typically run about $25. So this cheaper arrangement would have been coming to me anyways even though she spent 3 times the money on it. She was extremely disappointed and this whole thing turned into a nightmare for her. Family members have been through the same thing- they spend exorbitant amounts of money for flowers only to have something mediocre arrive. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Support your local business.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Today, I wanted to send flowers to our daughter-in-law for her birthday tomorrow. She lives in a town north of Santa Rosa. I had entered the address, and after talking to my son, wanted to change the address to include a PO box number. (This is a business that receives mail for customers.) I was unable to do that. The date I picked (the next day) was removed from my initial order as I was entering delivery information. I called 1-800-Flowers. I could not understand the rep., nor could she understand me. This company is using operators from the Philippines. Bad move. I ended up calling a local florist in Santa Rosa. She was delightful. Interestingly enough she had a customer last week that wanted to send flowers for a funeral and had become so frustrated with 1-800-Flowers that he called her to order flowers.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My daughter sent flowers, with a vase to me, on Nov. 9, 2018. from 1-800 flowers.com. She alerted me that they were coming but the doorbell never rang and I found the box inadvertently. I picked up the box and heard rattling. Opened it and the vase was shattered. I called Customer Service. The woman I spoke with said I had to e-mail the company and gave me the e-mail address. I tried twice, sending a message that I wanted my daughter reimbursed. Each time, the notification came back as "delivery incomplete". Called Cust. Service again and they gave me the same e-mail address, which failed again. I would not advise using this company.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I ordered a Mother's Day gift from a different vendor and was alerted via UPS tracking that the package got delayed and wouldn't make it on time. So, I needed another solution to make it by Mother's Day and ordered a bouquet from 1-800 Flowers. An hour later, I checked the status of the original gift and it actually was going to make it on time. So I called to cancel the order and they refused, saying that they were "too busy" to cancel my order, even though it was Thursday and I had placed the order only an hour earlier.

I wrote an email, twice. Both times, an agent replied asking, "Why do you want to cancel the order." I wrote that I was unemployed at the time and I had another gift already on the way and only ordered the flowers in case the original gift couldn't make it on time. IN both emails, they refused to offer a refund, claiming that because of "Mother's Day," they were too busy to issue a refund. I never heard of such a thing. I figured I had plenty of time to cancel in case the delivery of the original gift managed to go through.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Had I known to check Consumer Affairs first, I would have avoided this company like the plague. Instead, I get to add to the lengthy line of people who've warned everyone to stay away. I placed an order for a birthday floral arrangement to be delivered on the same day. Although I received a confirmation that the order had been placed and my credit card was charged, THERE WAS NO MESSAGE SAYING THAT THE FLOWERS WOULD NOT BE DELIVERED. At all - meaning, the local florists were unable to create the arrangement and therefore refused the order.

When I called 1800flowers.com, I was given the runaround, but I was adamant about receiving a refund. My poor aunt was promised something that won't be delivered, and I am absolutely LIVID. To add insult to injury, I was told that I could receive some other kind of "gift" floral arrangement - to be delivered FOUR DAYS LATER. This makes absolutely no sense, and I refused. I've paid for a service that they cannot deliver on, and apparently their deceptive tactics are quite common. Be aware.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Please do not use 1-800-Flowers for anything that matters. I ordered an arrangement which was the main arrangement for my father's funeral. They did not arrive, when we called them they sent an e-mail update saying arrangement was being created. It never arrived. They refunded my money but we had the funeral without the family arrangement. Caused my family a lot of grief at a time when that was the last thing we should have had.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

IF I COULD GIVE NO STARS I WOULD!!! 1-800-Flowers is a absolutely HORRIBLE! I paid extra money to have flowers delivered between 8am-12pm. At 12:15 pm nothing was delivered. I called 1-800-Flowers customer service and was assured it would be sent out shortly. At 2:15 pm they still were not delivered. I called back and the customer service rep told me the address did not exist and the driver left. I was never contacted nor was the recipient. The rep proceeded to debate with me about the address and the supervisor was not helpful at all. I will never ever order flowers and I will not refer anyone either. This was a terrible experience and now my loved one couldn't receive any flowers for her birthday.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I ordered online for a funeral. I wasn't able to attend the funeral but was alerted by a friend that the flowers didn't arrive. I got no email or notification from this company. When I followed up, they offered to send the funeral spray to the home. That was unacceptable and they eventually refunded my money. Be very careful using this service for something you arent attending. I would have just assumed that the flowers were delivered and they would have, I assume, pocketed my $$.

1-800-Flowers.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business since 1976, 1-800-Flowers sells a wide variety of gifts, including gift baskets, keepsakes and bouquets. The company offers standard bouquets and bouquets with fair-trade flowers that can be scheduled for same-day delivery or delivery at a later time.

• Same-day delivery: 1-800-Flowers offers a same-day service. Consumers enter the recipient’s zip code to see all the available bouquets.

• Seasonal arrangements: For home or the office, seasonal decorations are a must. Expect to see spring blooms, pumpkins, evergreens and more as the seasons turn.

• Shop by occasion: Unless you are a floral enthusiast, it can be difficult to tell what bouquet is suitable for which occasion. 1-800-Flowers takes away all the guesswork by breaking down its arrangements into convenient categories.

• Personalize gifts: Sending flowers can feel a little impersonal, but not when they come with an engraved candle holder or embroidered teddy bear.

• Go beyond flowers: While it has tons of lovely arrangements, it also offers a selection of keepsake gifts, from wine sets to picture frames.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs