1.19/5
  • 1 star
Based on 289 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1-800-Flowers.com

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 20, 2018

1801 1-800-Flowers.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Their flowers were laid on top of two live plants on my porch. They could have laid the box on up against the storm door, the wall of the porch, the rails around the porch, or on the large dead plant directly beside the two large plants. When I called they said that it wasn't their problem. They offered no resolution, they just passed the buck saying to contact the delivery company. They didn't even offer to contact the delivery company themselves, they just passed the buck. These plants were rare and expensive and I have kept them alive for two years. There is only one outlet that I know of that has them and the shipping charges from the West Coast (I am on the East Coast) was $25. This was a gift for my birthday and they have ruined it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I am currently stationed in South Korea and my husband's grandfather passed away in the states. Since we could not go to the funeral we decided to send some flowers to the Church that he was buried. The funeral was on 13 January 2018 and I ordered flowers on 12 January 2018. I received an email from 1-800-Flowers stating that they were trying to get in contact with me, which I gave them the phone number of my mother in-law, due to us being stationed overseas and they would not be able to get in touch with us.

I phoned my mother in-law and asked her if anybody called her. She stated no. I advised her to contact 1-800-Flowers to see if they needed more information. She called them and they stated that the address I provided they weren't able to deliver to and if they could just deliver it to my mother in-law. No problem, 1-800-Flowers said they would make sure that it will be delivered on the morning of the funeral, which was on 13 January 2018. Come Saturday still no flowers, my mother in-law called again and inquired about the status, they replied that they were really sorry but would deliver on Tuesday 16 January 2018 and would also send a gift basket and would give me a 20 dollar coupon. Ok, great as long as we get it, conversation was done.

With all that being said, my mother in-law still does not have any flowers nor the gift basket. I do have a lots of patience and understand things happen but after calling twice and still no results it is very upsetting. I honestly want all my money back and not sure if I would purchase anything from them again. Thank you for your time.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I appreciate the fast delivery but the bouquets look terrible. And for the price I’m paying I expect SO MUCH MORE. Don’t waste your time here because you can get a much more beautiful bouquet from your nearest grocery store. The pictures are what I ordered vs. what got delivered to me.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Ordered a large funeral basket for a close friend service. Ordered on Friday for service on Monday morning. I receive an email at 2:00 pm Saturday saying they were unable to deliver the basket. Why I do not know no reasonable explanation. They assured me it would be delivered by 10 am on Monday. The service at 11 am... OK. I arrive at 10:30 no flower. They say, "Sorry can we send it to your house", What. No!!! Then they ask to speak to the family. FOR WHAT!!! "Lady can I get my refund cause this is unacceptable and you should have not taken my order. There will be no others... thank you." The refund was short $2.99 because there had been a change in the original order, by them. They finally agreed to send me a paper check for the remainder which can take 30 to 45 days. I said ok. Wish I had read reviews before ordering.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Ordered the 2 Dozen roses for my Daughter's Birthday. Called them to confirm delivery and they said it will be delivered by FedEx. It will come in a kit so I can put together myself, WTF, I'm not a Florist and the picture shows an elegant bouquet of Roses. I told them to Cancel and they Refused! They said it was being processed and I cant cancel the order! ** this Company!! PROCEED AT YOUR PERIL!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I am 73 yrs old and save $100 to order a Christmas centerpiece. It was ordered on 12/2/2017 to be delivered on 12/22/2017. The centerpiece was never sent. I called and asked if they got it and they did not. I emailed 1800-Flowers. They said it was delivered 12/23. It was not. I asked them to credit my credit card the $99 and changed and instead I got this boo hoo hoo apology and they want to give a $20 credit. I just want my money back. How dare they rip off a senior citizen on a fixed income and just brush it off like it was nothing.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I ordered flowers for 2 people that were supposed to be delivered the Friday before Christmas. They never told me they weren't delivered. Then they send an email that they would be delivered the DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS!! What a terrible thing to do to someone on a holiday. They still weren't delivered the day after Christmas. So far one has been delivered 4 DAYS AFTER CHRISTMAS and one HAS NEVER BEEN DELIVERED!! Never again. Very poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Ordered Flowers for my 86 year old grandmother's birthday. (I live hours away). Got a message that they were delivered. My aunt said they were NOT delivered. 1800FLOWERS does NOT answer the phone. FINALLY after multiple phone calls and several emails, some flowers arrived 2 days late and the flowers were dead! (My aunt said it was the smallest, saddest looking bouquet of flowers - 4 dead roses and some daises for $75 - MANY MORE in the photo online!). 1800FLOWERS said they would deliver again and NEVER DID. Called to tell them they didn't deliver again like they said... and they said they would put a $20 credit on my account. Less than 1/4 of what I paid.

So... to recap. No flowers on her birthday. No flowers the next day. By this time she knew because of all of the phone calls. Finally DEAD flowers (and not near the amount of flowers I paid for) arrived. Called to have them replaced. After they said they would replace and give me a $20 credit, they were NEVER replaced. I will NOT use the credit because I swore to myself that I would NEVER use 1800Flowers again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

On 12/5, we ordered a Christmas gift delivery of gourmet popcorn to be delivered monthly beginning 12/15–20 in time for holiday. Received confirmation of order and delivery time in email. Credit card charged on 12/6. On 12/23 my sister informs me nothing arrived. Been on phone 4 hours on 12/23 and another 2 hours today 12/27. Nothing has shipped!!! We are now on hold 30 minutes waiting for our 3rd supervisor.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

First of all I ordered flowers for a last minute Christmas gift with guaranteed delivery on December 23rd. The flowers were a gift and still not delivered but yet they took my money. Buyer beware. Do NOT use them. Customer service was horrible and all they offered me was a coupon for my next visit. No thanks. Never ever again!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I'll keep my review short. But bottom line, this company just basically sometimes delivers, sometimes it doesn't. I am not sure why I've kept using it. I think it's because their website is good. But Never again. At least twice orders just weren't delivered in Carpinteria CA, and multiple times in Canada. Essentially they place the orders with local florists, but if those local florists don't have the flowers or just don't deliver, they just don't follow up. They don't check. They don't call you. They don't notify anyone. They also farm out customer service to other countries, so you get people that barely speak English trying to help you. I have never written a review like this. I'm not a complainer. But this just was (again) a terrible experience. I hope they fix this systemic problem.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I am so upset with 1800flowers. I placed a order for my fiancé's family Christmas party. I do most of my shopping online. This was not delivered on the day they said it would. I called on Christmas Eve and spoke with a customer service representative and she assured me it would be delivered that day and if no one was home it would be left on the porch. Needless to say the entire holiday went by and it was never delivered.

It is now the day after Christmas and I contacted them. They would not and could not explain why it was never delivered. They went ahead and cancelled the order without me asking them to and then said they could still not get it delivered. They claim they cannot make changes after they changed my delivery date so many times it never arrived at its destination. I would never trust them again. They clearly do not appreciate what ordering something for Christmas means. Again, horrible customer service! Find a local florist if you want to send something.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

So my husband decided to surprise me for my birthday and send some flowers, chocolate covered strawberries and a balloon to my job, but it was a disaster. Not only did he pay for expedited delivery which cost him more out of pocket money, but he was told the flowers will get to my work place before I left work. So on my birthday I only received my chocolate covered strawberries, no flowers and no balloons. I had to call and ask for a manager which she did refund almost all his money back and promised I will get my remaining order the following day, but my flowers got deliver the next day almost dead because they left them in the box and it didn’t even have that foam thing with water.

I had to call again because I didn’t get my balloon... The person who answered made it seem like it was not a big deal since my husband got almost a full refund and it was just a balloon, however it was promised to be delivered. It’s been almost a week and guess what no balloon!!! I told my husband to never order from this company again. So disappointed and disgusted with what happen.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I was suppose to receive flowers yesterday and was home the entire day but nothing arrived. My husband received an email this morning saying they were delivered but they were not. Screw you for messing up this order and thanks for ruining my Christmas. DO NOT do business with this company.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Ordered flower arrangement for delivery on December 20, 2017 to a funeral home. After getting a text that the order had been filled and I will be notified when the flowers are delivered, I received no more texts. I had to track down what happened. The online tracking system was terrible. Gave no details whether it was delivered or not. Not useful. I had to call and get a person. They said it hadn’t been delivered. Very upsetting. Got a $20 gift card for my troubles. Have heard people are having trouble with 1-800-Flowers now.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I ordered my annual flower delivery to my elderly parents and their single friend on Dec 21, 2017 for deliver on 12/22. I had just gotten back from an overseas trip and had the flu so the best I could do this year was to "say it with Flowers". I got a phone message from them on 12/22 saying they had to make some changes to make the deliver and "if I would like to call I could". I assumed no contact would leave as-is with the changes but the delivery would be made. I then got another call later in the day which I picked up but no one was there. I then got an email to call them which I did. The person on the helpline said the order was "locked" and he couldn't look at the details but that he would call back once open.

On 12/23 I CALLED THEM because as expected that man didn't call me back. They told me there was a problem but they would get the deliveries completed today (12/23). My mum called about 2 hours ago saying her elderly friend got her flowers but my parents hadn't received theirs (I purchased the most expensive Xmas bouquet available). I called AGAIN and another man "Marcus" said he would check and after 10 minutes on hold told me they would have to be rescheduled for AFTER Christmas. I told them to cancel the order and gave them a piece of my mind but as usual they take your money in 5 minutes but the refund will take 7 to 14 days!!! I find this such a scam.

1-800 Flowers has lost all my business and I will be making sure everyone knows - they don't show any compassion and leave it up to consumer to do all the work. I made sure that they sent me an email documenting the refund because I don't put it past them to deliver the flowers the day after Christmas and then make me go through the refund process again. They kept telling me I would get an email in 24 to 48 hours on the refund but I got a supervisor because I don't trust their follow up at all. Finally - I ordered flowers to be delivered tomorrow (Xmas Eve) from another company at additional cost to me for late delivery. I can't tell you how pissed I am.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I placed a same day delivery order with this company since so many patients get flowers from them. I called 4 hours after I ordered to find out what time the flowers would arrive, and they told me since it’s a hospital it’ll be between 9a-3p. I informed that it was already 348pm so that was not accurate, they then put me on hold and spoke to the flower shop, who said they guaranteed delivery by 5pm. I called again at 520pm and still no flowers. The woman on the line could care less that I was upset or needed these flowers delivered ASAP due to the recipient leaving at 730pm.

I told them I needed them by 7pm and she said they will deliver between 9 and 8pm. I told her that was not acceptable since I was already told two prior arrival times that have not been accurate. She then called the flower shop who said they would arrive on time for me, the flowers still have her to arrive. I am fuming with the lack of give a damn from this customer service and the back and forth garbage and lies. I will NEVER use this garbage company again. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I ordered flowers for delivery and they were delivered to the wrong address even though I gave them the correct address. I contacted them right away and they said they would redeliver that day. That did not happen and when I contacted them again they said again they would redeliver and again it did not happen. All I would get was a form response and a promise that they would take care of it which two days later it was not resolved. My experience with this company was very poor. This was not the first time this has happened. This was a Christmas gift which now the recipient will not get. I will never use this company again. I DM the customer service and they were no help then they publicly published my tweet from our private exchanges which I had to try to delete. They finally said they would refund me and not fix the situation. No heart.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

What a terrible experience. On December 17th I ordered online a Christmas flower tree. Same one I have ordered many times. After the money is removed from my account almost 100 dollars I get a phone call that says they can’t get this in my area. On December 19th I call you guys again and ask why my refund is not there yet. You tell me 3 to 5 days. Are you kidding me. Then the salesperson says, "Oh yeah we can get that in your area." So we order it again using my Groupon code, and a 20 dollar courtesy discount for inconvenience. But oh yeah we’re gonna take almost 90+ dollars out of your bank until the process is complete then it will come down to 64.

On December 21st when the flowers are supposed to be delivered I call them at 4:45 as nothing is here. After about 10 to 15 minutes on hold I find out that the florist who was supposed to deliver you guys have a phone number that is no longer in service. Are you kidding me. Then you tell me I have to contact Groupon to get my money back and of course another 3 to 5 days for my refund to my bank account. So now you wasted 1 week of my time, I have had my money locked up because you can take immediately, but it’s 3 to 5 days on refund. I could have had this delivered elsewhere a larger town. So it was there for our family Christmas.

I am disgusted when I have ordered many of these and delivered to same location and another location. So I have to wait for you guys to get my 30 Groupon code. I have lost my 20 inconveniences credit with you. I have to wait on you to give me My money back which is now 64+ that is 3 to 5 days. Worst part is no centerpiece that is expected for Christmas dinner. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

In Dec 2016, I ordered a delivery of a cookie gift from 1-800-flowers and the delivery was OK. This year, in December 2017, I ordered two deliveries (to businesses), each for a sweet-roll assortment. The deliveries were to be made Dec. 20 - on Dec. 19, I received a phone call from someone at 1-800-flowers saying the sweet rolls were out of stock, I agreed to let them substitute a cookie assortment and make the delivery on Dec. 21. When I got the confirmation emails, I learned that they had substituted dog treats instead of substituting cookies for humans. I had to call several times to get the order cancelled - supposedly I will get the charge refunded. The last agent I spoke to was Moira on Dec. 21 at 11:49 a.m. PST. I am angry and appalled at the stupidity and lack of quality assurance at this company. I will do my best to discourage others from using them. 1-800-flowers is a con-artist organization.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

This is the 3rd time I have ordered from them and they continue to disappoint and embarrass. Their customer service repeats the same line over and over, they never resolve the issues, always late and terrible flowers and they charge you for it!! I have learned my lesson. NEVER WILL I ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I ordered a fruit box to be sent to a friend. It was delivered to the wrong house, and the fruit froze. I contacted 1-800-Flowers via email to find out if they had a refund or replacement policy. Within an hour they responded that a new box was on the way to my friend and that I also was given an account credit against my next order. Mistakes happen, how they are handled is what matters. This one was settled faster and better than I would have expected. I recommend 1-800-Flowers.com highly.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Their online system is not safe... If you use your credit card it will be shopping around the world within 24 hours. My order went from 5 arrangements to 9. It took at least 6 hours of phone calls and I am still waiting for the credit from their errors. Horrible horrible horrible... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Free shipping means a charge of almost $20.00 for processing. WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I placed two orders for the same recipient (who was in the hospital) on the same day, both for same day delivery, as advertised on the 1-800-Flowers website. The latter of the two orders was delivered on time. However, the first order was not. I received a voicemail saying, "In order to provide you with the most beautiful bouquet possible, it will be delivered tomorrow". I called first thing the next morning to let them know the flowers needed to be there by a certain time, as the recipient was getting discharged that day at 1pm.

I spoke with THREE different associates (Jenny, Christian & Jonathan) and got hung up on twice while they said they were "looking into the matter". Christian was very rude and no help at all. While speaking with Jonathan, he said the reason for the delay was because they attempted to deliver and the recipient wasn't there. LIES, it's a hospital! How was the other bouquet delivered? He said the order would be delivered on time, between 8am and 5pm. That is not on time! I finally just asked for the order to be canceled. It took me threatening to file a fraud claim with my credit card company for him to agree. I still don't know if I trust that it has been canceled, as he couldn't give me a confirmation number. Take your business elsewhere! This has been nothing but a headache and disappointment.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I ordered flowers for my wife’s birthday from 1800flowers.com. After paying the extra service fee to assure they would arrive at her work on time, she never received them. I immediately called and was told they would be delivered to my home address. They never did arrive. The next day I called to cancel the order and was told my account would be credited in 2-3 days. Two days later the flowers arrived at my wife’s work, already beginning to turn brown. I then contacted the company a third time and was told that they could find nothing stating that the order had been cancelled and was told I would be issued a refund immediately and send an immediate credit to my account.

That refund, like the flowers on my wife’s birthday, never showed up. I was finally forced to dispute the charge to my account through my bank and will now be faced with having to fill out multiple forms and paperwork; but in the end it will be well worth seeing this company does not receive a single cent from me. Please carefully consider before ordering anything from this company.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I have been ordering from this company for many years; however, during the past month I have had horrible experiences. Flowers were to be delivered on 12/6/2017; Package was shipped in time; however the shipment went to another state and delayed delivery by 7 days. Enough time to miss the occasion and the arrangement to be dried out. Epic failure. I contacted 1-800-Flowers.com and received a $20 coupon. I should have sought FULL REFUND. I placed an additional order for 3 arrangements to be delivered 12/17/2017. This time 2 of the 3 received their flowers.

I complained that the third was not delivered, nor do I see it in transit. I was informed by 1-800-Flowers that they attempted delivery, but no one answered the door. That I find hard to believe, because the people were home all day long, with dogs that bark when someone comes to the door. I am nervous as I have an outstanding order for delivery next week; but after a month of just horrible experience, I will no longer use this company. The service has definitely not remained on par; and I seem to get "canned" responses from customer service. I will start using local florists for any flower arrangements.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

My boyfriend ordered me flowers from 1-800-Flowers.com, and they delivered them partially dead. So, he called them and told them when he had seen what I brought home (I guess they have a 7 day guarantee). They offered to replace the flowers free of charge, but not only did I NEVER receive the replacement flowers... he never told me about them and was going to make them a surprise again. 1800 Flowers called ME to verify the order, and then three more times to see if I had ever received them.

They are now telling my boyfriend he will not get a whole refund because they delivered the second set of flowers (which they NEVER did). All because the florist states they delivered the flowers (BUT DIDN'T) they will not refund the money. There are witnesses to all of this too, and still nothing. 1800FLOWERS is a complete JOKE, and I hope my boyfriend NEVER uses them again. Flowers are such a waste of money anyways, and then they try to screw people for doing something nice. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE company.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I ordered a flower arrangement for a lady's 90th birthday on December 13, 2017. Promised date of arrival for her birthday was on December 16th. I received a call on the 16th at 10:30 pm central time advising me they could not deliver and would not until Tuesday, December 19th. Such poor customer service and will never order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

No longer using this company. In addition to paying a premium and taxes, they charge a $14.99 service charge! Arrangements are being delivered by a local florist. This can add as much as 20% to the cost of the arrangement. What a ripoff!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I ordered an arrangement for my friend in Hawaii through 1-800-Flowers.com. The item delivered was nothing like the item description ordered. 1-800-Flowers promised redelivery to correct the issue. Nothing was ever delivered. They promised to deliver again. Nothing. Dealing with this place has been a total nightmare.

1-800-Flowers.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business since 1976, 1-800-Flowers sells a wide variety of gifts, including gift baskets, keepsakes and bouquets. The company offers standard bouquets and bouquets with fair-trade flowers that can be scheduled for same-day delivery or delivery at a later time.

• Same-day delivery: 1-800-Flowers offers a same-day service. Consumers enter the recipient’s zip code to see all the available bouquets.

• Seasonal arrangements: For home or the office, seasonal decorations are a must. Expect to see spring blooms, pumpkins, evergreens and more as the seasons turn.

• Shop by occasion: Unless you are a floral enthusiast, it can be difficult to tell what bouquet is suitable for which occasion. 1-800-Flowers takes away all the guesswork by breaking down its arrangements into convenient categories.

• Personalize gifts: Sending flowers can feel a little impersonal, but not when they come with an engraved candle holder or embroidered teddy bear.

• Go beyond flowers: While it has tons of lovely arrangements, it also offers a selection of keepsake gifts, from wine sets to picture frames.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

1-800-Flowers.com Company Information

www.1800flowers.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use