1-800-Flowers.com

Compare Flower Delivery

Research top Flower Delivery recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Brett of Lathrop, CA on

I placed an order for a funeral arrangement to be sent on Sat. April 15, 2017 to North Little Rock, Ark. I was charged 137.00 and was assured it would arrive to the church on time. I was "reassured" by the 1-800-Flowers rep, Elger, that he would personally oversee my order. I felt really good about my experience with Elger and felt everything would be taken care of in my time of grief.

I received a phone call at 11:53 central time from 1-800-Flowers. I was on the other line and called them back at 11:56 central time. Mind you, my order should have been delivered by 11:00 central time. After being on hold for approx. 10 minutes, I was then informed that my order had never been delivered by their florist and that I would be receiving a full refund. After receiving no answer to my questions, I requested to speak to a supervisor to find out why I was not called sooner whereas I could have attempted to make other arrangements. Again, I was placed on hold for another 10 minutes only to be told the supervisor was on another line and would have to call me back. Very poor experience with this company. Needless to say, my family and I are done entrusting my business to this substandard company. Beware!!

Patricia of Las Vegas, NV on

I ordered a flower arrangement for Easter to be delivered on Friday April 14. The same day I placed the order I was contacted by a 1-800-Flowers rep informing me that the arrangement that I had ordered was not available and was offered another arrangement - tulips with a box of candy. Since I did not want tulips, and the recipient can not have candy - I asked for a spring bouquet. The rep said that would be no problem and they would be delivered on FRIDAY APRIL 14. I kept checking the site to track the delivery all day and well past the 8 PM cut off for the day's delivery - no confirmation that the flowers were delivered. Contacted the intended recipient had not received any flowers.

Then I contacted the customer service # and was told that the flowers were scheduled for deliver on 4/18/2017!!! I said that was not acceptable and that I expected that flowers would be delivered then on Saturday April 15, 2017. The rep then told me that would be impossible as there were no florists that would deliver to the recipient's address. Strange - as I have had flowers delivered to that address in the past. The rep said that there was nothing that could be done and the flowers would be delivered on the 18th. and that there was nothing more that could be done. I demanded to speak to a supervisor.

After a long time - and being able to hear their conversation - a young woman took the line and identified herself as a supervisor and tried to convince me that I had agreed to the delivery date of April 18th when I agreed to the arrangement substitution. I told her that there was no mention of the change of delivery date. The supervisor then went on to explain that there was no florist in the area that would deliver to that address and the flowers were being delivered by FEDEX!!!

I then told her that was unacceptable and that I was canceling the order. The supervisor then said that was impossible. I told her that not only was it possible - but would be done and that I would be given a FULL refund. She said that she could not do that - I told her that she would and if not I would immediately contact my credit card company and have the charge disputed. She then said that she would process the refund and it would show up in 3 to 7 business days! I will be checking on that as other reviewers have stated that the refunds never materialize.

As to the claim that there is "no florist in that area." that will deliver to that area - I checked with local florists and indeed they will - here is the catch - none are in the 1-800-Flowers network, so there is no florist that will work with them - that speaks volumes as to this company's ability to provide local florist delivery. In short, Terrible service, misleading website (when the zip code is put in there should be a notice that no local florist delivery is available), and poor customer service. If I could give less than one star I would give it a minus 5 (-5).

Roberta of Decatur, IL on

I ordered a $100 Peace Lily plant to be delivered for the funeral of my brother-in-law. They assured me it would be delivered to the church. It was NOT there! They asked for an alternate address after saying the delivery person had car trouble! Really? They had 2 days to deliver it!! They did deliver it to the alternate address a day after the funeral! Called Customer Service 4 times. They hung up on me twice! Finally spent 45 minutes with them and they gave me 50% back plus $20% off my next purchase. I told them not to bother. There won't be a next purchase! I live in 1 state and the funeral was far away in another state. I flew to be at the funeral. Never again! After speaking with a local florist where I live, I was told they NEVER do business with 1-800-flowers due to their high complaint rate and the way they mistreat local florists!

Anna of Castletroy, Other on

Flowers were not delivered on the day despite e-mail confirmation that they were delivered. Called customer service 4!!! times trying to sort out issue. Manager was never available to take a call. Ended up canceling order. Hopefully I will be reimbursed. One of the WORST companies I ever have dealt with.

melissa of Mineral Wells, WV on

Purchased a $90 (product plus shipping and fees) gift basket for my mother's birthday. Said it could not be delivered to the specified location, asked if I could have the basket delivered to my home and I would hand deliver... When the basket was finally arrived, it contained store brand (Kroger) items, no name chocolate chip cookies and a bag of Werther's Original hard candies with some various candy bars. I could have put together that basket myself for less than $20.00. The tissue paper used looked like it had been recycled from another basket and the names on the card were misspelled...

I called and let the company know that it was not going to be given to the recipient because I was too embarrassed to deliver it to her. I was told after several minutes of my time explaining why the basket was completely substandard and NOT worth the $90 I paid for it, that I would receive a 50% refund and a $20.00 coupon to use at one of their websites. Totally unbelievable that this company is still in business. 1800Flowers takes a huge percentage of the money paid to them leaving the actual vendor fulfilling the order with next to nothing to spend on the actual product. Please... Please... Please just call a local florist to have items sent. You will actually get what you pay for...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Diane of Simsbury, CT on

My daughter ordered flowers from 1-800-Flowers for my 60th birthday which, first of all, did NOT arrive on my birthday but 4 days late! When the flowers arrived, the bouquet was left in my driveway, in 10 degree weather, in the middle of the night. As a result, the flowers were dead and the water was frozen! Even the note with the flowers was just a piece of crumpled paper. Since the flowers weren't delivered on my birthday, my daughter tried cancelling the order several times and all she got was a "run around" from Customer Service. Of course, once she insisted on a refund, which they said they would do but never did, they then left the dead flowers in my driveway. BAD company and TERRIBLE customer service.

Donna of Roscoe, IL on

I will never use this crappy company again!!! I placed a flower order last Wednesday for delivery on Saturday via YOUR website for my "very hard to please" mother-in-laws' birthday flowers. You call me at Noon on the delivery date (Saturday) to tell me the florist YOU chose is not open on Saturdays. Well, whose fault is that!!?? So after I blast you, you give me a shipping refund and assure me they will be delivered on Monday. Well guess what? It's Tuesday and they still haven't been delivered! So, I call you again and blast you. This time you state the florist is having a difficult time getting everything for the arrangement I chose from your website. It's your website, and you choose the florist but you can't make the arrangement you sell!? So, I rudely state "I don't give a crap, but you better send her something by tomorrow or I'm cancelling this $100 order right now."

Well, now they've assured me once again that she will receive an order tomorrow (different arrangement) and they will refund me 50%. What about the pain and suffering I'm going through!!??? Who's going to pay me back for that!!??? Because my mother-in-law has texted me wanting to know where her gift is after being told it would be there yesterday. If the flowers do not get delivered tomorrow, I am cancelling the order and disputing the charge on my credit card!

Kimberley of Abingdon, MD on

On Feb. 28 I received flowers (tulips) from your company from my boyfriend. By March 6th they were limp and the petals falling off some dead. My boyfriend called customer service and very nice guy sent a 2nd order out. I received them Wednesday March 8th. Today March 11th, I wake up to again limp dying tulips. I am so disappointed to say the least. I followed the directions on the box and I believe that your vase is not big enough to hold the tulips. It needs to be wider and taller. He said never again will he order from your company. I can get a nice piece of jewelry for the cost of the flowers that died in less than a week. My son even said he purchased flowers for $5 for his GF and lasted a month!! WOW I also will say I will not recommend you. A disappointed customer.

Tricia of Porter, TX on

Ordered flowers on Feb 22 to be delivered Feb 25, the day before mother's bday. Went on a cruise for a week. Was told flowers weren't delivered when scheduled. I called on March 6 to get it straightened out, they promised delivery the following day. WAS NOT DELIVERED! I called them back yesterday and was told it was fixed and they would be delivered today... NOT!! They were nice on the phone and offered this and that but I opted for a refund instead. I will not be using this company again.

Diana of Syosset, NY on

Placed 5 orders same day delivery at 2 PM! 2 of the orders were not delivered at all! 2 orders delivered at 9:30 and 10:40 PM which is unacceptable considering the recipients were already asleep. Customer service was ignorant and unattentive! They lost my business, my trust. Mother's Day is coming up in a 2 months. BE AWARE and NEVER ORDER flowers from 1-800-FLOWERS!

Shawn of Gustine, CA on

My order never got delivered to my grandmother for her birthday today. This whole situation started at 10 am this morning. The first excuse was that my credit card didn't go thru but it did and I had to prove that it did. Then an hour later they said the florist unexpectedly closed early today but they found another one and it would be delivered. So around 6 pm it still hadn't been delivered so I called 1-800-Flowers and they tell me the second place couldn't deliver it and there was nothing they could do.

They guaranteed they would be delivered today or I would a complete refund. So when I talked to the supervisor all they could do is offer me a $20 voucher and they would call my grandmother and apologize to her... wtf... really who does this... Call my grandmother. At the end of the phone call he tried to tell me he could only refund 50% of my money... again. Wtf... and that it was for some fee. I finally got him to tell me I would get refunded the full amount. Never again will I order from them again.

Jeff of Phoenix, AZ on

The situation is I ordered flowers and chocolates from 1-800-Flowers on 2-13-2017 to be delivered to my wife's office on Valentine's Day. The arrangement sent was the medium size, not the large size ordered and the chocolates that were ordered never arrived. I contacted 1-800-Flowers that day informing them of the discrepancy and was not replied to until the following day with an offer to re-send the flowers and chocolates. Yeah, Kind of late for that. After several e-mails they agreed to a full refund of $173.75 which they said would take up to 5 days to complete. That was over a week ago on 2-22 with still no resolution. I paid by PayPal and am now getting them involved to help with this matter. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. Call your local florist direct!

Steven of New York, NY on

In less than 2 weeks I've been disappointed twice by 1-800-Flowers. On Valentine's Day they did not deliver the bouquet I ordered. When I called to check what had happened they confirmed it was never delivered and asked if I could give them a chance to deliver the next day. I agreed. Big mistake. The bouquet was never delivered. They issued me a refund.

Yesterday I decided to give them another shot and ordered a Victorian Romance bouquet. There were 3 sizes available (and pictured) on their website. The small one contained 12 roses, medium 18 roses, and large 24 roses. I paid for the large ($99+Delivery+Next Day Fee+Tax). The bouquet was delivered today and looked nothing like what I ordered. There were only 12 roses (not 24), and it really didn't look like what I ordered (more like a bunch of leaves placed in a vase with a few roses in it).

I called 1-800-Flowers and spoke with one of their reps, who confirmed it should've contained more roses. She put me on a brief hold while she contacted the flower vendor. After about 5 minutes on hold she told me she spoke with both the manager and flower arranger at the flower shop, who confirmed only 12 roses were included in the arrangement (not 24). Surprisingly the 1-800-Flowers rep said there was nothing she could do and would bring up the issue to her manager. The issue is still unresolved. Do not order flowers from 1-800-Flowers. TERRIBLE QUALITY AND SERVICE.

Deborah of Chagrin Falls, OH on

Don't believe the Photos that are posted. I received a gift that was all box and container. Yes, there were 4 sunflowers as pictured, however the sizes in comparison to the photo were miniatures. The bright pink fill flower was replaced with broken purple statice. There was about 1/3 of the fill shown in the photo. All stems, compressed measured 1.25 inches. So, part of a bouquet was sent. It is very disturbing to have to let my sister know that what she so carefully selected as a gift did not arrive. I have a background in floral so I feel qualified to write and share this review.

nicolle of Thornton, CO on

I am beyond mortified!!! I can't even begin to explain how I feel about this company!! First I want to know if they are a sister company to anyone else so I can also NEVER order from them too!!! Had to send flowers to a relative funeral from out of state. They guaranteed they would be there! Well.. THEY WERE NOT!!! They called me literally 15 min before the funeral started to let me know they couldn't make the delivery on time and they would call the funeral home for an address to deliver them to the house!! Well this is in Florida! The flowers will wilt and die in the heat! Nobody would be home as they were at the funeral then burial. Then said they will refund me but credit won't happen until 10-12 business days!!! They are quick to take the money but to refund it is a different story!! Horrible, horrible company!!!

debbie of Hunt Valley, MD on

I ordered a flower arrangement for my daughter's birthday on Feb. 23 to be delivered on Sat., Feb. 25. By 4:30 pm that day the flowers had not been delivered, so I called 1800flowers. The rep assured me that the flowers would be delivered by 8 pm stating, "If we haven't heard from the co. that they are not being delivered we have to assume that they are," meaning she didn't actually look into the situation.

By 8 pm they were not delivered so I called back only to find out that they were not delivered because there is "no florist in that area." Well it's Athens, GA and there are about 12 florists in that area, so I assume that means 1800flowers has no contract with a florist there. Then why when the first thing you put in to the order is the delivery ZIP does the order become generated and accepted with email confirmation? Big problem with their website I assume.

My daughter lives 500 miles away. It was her 21st b'day and the next day was Sunday so... no flowers for my daughter and no compensation offered other than my refund which, of course, they have to do. Did receive an email with a 20% off discount on my next order, but that is useless, as I will certainly never order again from them. Also asked to speak to a supervisor who never did call me. I had to call them back myself. Again, all I received from the supervisor was an apology, no real explanation. Terrible service, website and customer service.

Amanda of Woodbridge, ON on

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! I knew something was up when I ordered the flowers at 8:50 AM on Friday and they were delivered at 11:20 AM. They were most definitely already pre-made from days before. I am disgusted and embarrassed in what was delivered to my fiance's aunt funeral service. The flowers looked nothing like the picture. I ordered a LARGE BROWN BASKET. I am still so angry at the embarrassment I had to endure after sending this garbage. This is a time of grieving and all this company did was make me feel worse!!!

keith of Plaistow, NH on

Flowers.com took the order for delivery on Valentine's day but did not deliver, could not get through on phone, no answer all day Valentine's day. They sent an email at 9 pm saying the flowers would be delivered late with a sorry note. Only thing sorry is Flowers.com, won't do business again.

Larry of Arlington, TX on

These people are a joke. I ordered flowers for my best friends funeral and was guaranteed a 9:00am delivery for the viewing. The morning of the funeral, while driving to the funeral at 9:15 I received a call from 1-800 Flowers that they can't fill my order. They were very unprofessional and when I asked for a manager they hung up on me. I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor and was hung up on again. Looks like I'm going to need to call my bank to reverse the charges.

Christine of Tonawanda, NY on

I ordered flowers to be delivered on 2/21/17 for my mother's birthday, charged me $70. A few days later I noticed on my checking account statement they had put back $37. I called to find out what was going on and they told me my order was cancelled. I told them I didn't cancel it and if it was cancelled how come I didn't get all my money back. The guy tried to convince me that I didn't pay that much. I offered to email him the receipt I was looking at. After 20 mins of arguing I asked to speak to a supervisor, he put me on hold and came back about 5 mins later and said they would issue the remaining $33 and that it would take 3-5 business days. That was on 2/16, it is now 2/24 and I still haven't gotten my money back.

Tracy of Colorado Springs, CO on

I recently purchased the Floral Embrace - Medium for my mother's birthday along with a Mylar Happy Birthday balloon. The description of the arrangement: hot pink roses, orange Asiatic lilies, medium sunflowers, lavender stock, orange alstroemeria, and ethos poms. What was delivered looked nothing like what had been ordered. There is a disclaimer on their site stating, "so colors, varieties and basket may vary due to local availability." Almost every flower (90%) and even the balloon had been substituted.

I was told by an agent on the chat line the consumer would be contacted, if substitutions would be required and I did NOT receive any communication regarding it. I was also told my mother would have another bouquet sent to replace the one she had recently received. This is day 3 and my mother has yet to receive her replacement flowers. I paid $60 for those flowers/balloon. I don't know if the florists are automatically substituting cheaper flowers and pocketing the difference or subpar and don't have the necessary flowers to complete the order in which case they shouldn't take the order & perhaps close the shop.

Linda of Nixa, MO on

We ordered 2 large standing flower arrangements for delivery to the visitation and funeral of a dear sister-in-law. They were ordered under my other sister-in-law's name, Jeannine **. We ordered on 2/17/2016 - When we got the confirmation e-mail, the message cards were incorrect. We had to call and speak to someone in a foreign country to correct it. On 2/20, the day of the visitation, no flowers were there. We called and were told there was an incorrect delivery date and the flowers would be redelivered. E-mail stated the correct date. On the following day, of the funeral, we called the funeral home just moments before we were to arrive there. Still no flowers. We called and cancelled the order and asked for a refund. We are waiting on that. So embarrassing and such a sad showing of respect for our loved one. I will never use them again and will pass the word to everyone I can to never trust them!!

Brian of Las Vegas, NV on

I ordered flowers on a Friday afternoon, and did not get them on that day at night. Called them back on Saturday and was told they tried to deliver them but thru no fault of theirs. They would try again on Saturday of that same evening. Again no delivery to my house. Call that same day Saturday night to cancel order and was told it would take 5-10 business days for the refund. Asked them to confirm the cancellation by sending me a receipt by e-mail. Waiting until Monday morning. Called again for the receipt of the refund and cancellation. Again nothing.

I ordered a 49.99 worth of flowers and they charged me another 20.00 dollars on top of that. Then they charged a service fee of 17.99 and 7.50 tax. Came to 91.00 for the same flowers I cancelled. Still on Tuesday morning called 3 more time for the same receipt and they keep telling me they will send it. I don't think I'm going to get my money back. They told me it was already back in my account. Nothing. I think the whole company is fake and they are stewing a lot of people to come. Beware of them.

Lesli of Mechanicsburg, PA on

My husband ordered flowers for Valentine's day (2/14/17), they arrived with dead (dropping off) flowers, damaged roses and when my husband saw the 7 flower arrangement he said it was not at all what he ordered! We called 1-800-Flowers and they said they would send out another arrangement on 2/20/17. IT NEVER ARRIVED! We called again on 2/20/17 and were told "Please give us another chance", another arrangement was to be delivered 2/21/17. AGAIN IT NEVER CAME. Contacted them and requested full refund and I will be contacting the BBB if this does not happen within 7 days!!! Horrible to deal with, and to communicate with! STAY CLEAR OF THIS "BUSINESS".

criston of Stanley, NM on

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my own house for my wife. To be delivered on Valentine's day, while I was at work. They delivered the flowers to a house up the road from my house. After I had sent an e-mail with specific instructions on how to find the house. Then when I called to complain about having to pick up the flowers and bring them home myself, I got someone from India to talk to who didn't care the slightest to help please an already unsatisfied customer. I will never use them again. They also didn't refund anything, not even the shipping.

chris of Nampa, ID on

I ordered flowers for my wife on Valentine's Day with confirmed delivery and they never showed up. I made multiple calls and sent multiple emails to get clarification and an explanation. Ultimately I received a partial refund to my credit card with the rest being refunded to me via US Mail in the form of a hard check in 45 days. 1-800-Flowers was paid by me immediately for a service and product I agreed upon, however when they fail to meet the agreed upon terms they expect me to wait 45 days for a full refund. I find this unacceptable and can only suggest others attempt to avoid this and shop locally. In the end I'm the one looking like a fool... No smile guaranteed for this first time (almost) customer.

Lorraine of Des Plaines, IL on

I ordered flowers to arrive at my husband's birthday party at an upscale restaurant. I confirmed the 11am arrival of the flowers at 9am. After several calls from myself and restaurant, the flowers arrived at 2pm after all of the guest left. When I called customer service, they were unwilling to provide adequate service recovery. I spend $90 and they grudgingly offered $20. I would never use them again and would strongly recommend ProFlowers to anyone because they have great customer service and have never missed a delivery.

Albert of Delray Beach, FL on

I ordered a Serene Green arrangement, expecting that my family member would receive a beautiful arrangement as pictured on the 1-800-Flowers.com website. Instead, she received bouquet of much poorer quality flowers, as well as less quantity (see comparison pictures attached). Make sure when you order flowers from 1-800-Flowers.com that you ask your recipient to take a picture of what they've received, as this has now happened to me more than once.

Angela of Wilmette, IL on

I ordered a sympathy flower Peach, White & Orange Sympathy Standing Spray for a friend's wake on behalf of my in-laws and my family. The picture on the 1-800-Flowers website looks beautiful and the price tag was $129.99 for a small one (42"H x 36"L), after service charge and tax came out to be about $165, it's pricey, but I thought he and his family are our dear friends, it's worth it. When we went to the wake searching for this beautiful flower arrangement, we found one kind of looked like the one I ordered except with only a few flowers, very plain looking, completely lacked the vibrant color on the picture because there were so few flowers, seemed much smaller than the size, I was very disappointed and I am sure my in-laws too because they already told me the flower was too expensive comparing to other florists. The picture and the real thing are not the same, this is deceiving and I will NEVER order from 1-800-Flowers again.

Lily of Colton, CA on

I ordered flowers for Valentine's and they never arrived. I contacted customer service and they said it was delivered the day after Valentine's Day. First of all, I paid for Valentine's Day, not the day after. Second, the flowers never showed up period. I asked for a refund through customer service multiple times, in every single one of my emails. Now they are saying that the flowers are going to be delivered tomorrow, which is absolutely the last thing I want. My efforts to communicate with them seems to fall on deaf ears and I feel helpless - needing to resort this measure. I do not want anyone to have to go through this. They are a large company and I did not expect such terrible service. This experience has caused a tremendous amount of stress.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

In business since 1976, 1-800-Flowers sells a wide variety of gifts, including gift baskets, keepsakes and bouquets. The company offers standard bouquets and bouquets with fair-trade flowers that can be scheduled for same-day delivery or delivery at a later time.

• Same-day delivery: 1-800-Flowers offers a same-day service. Consumers enter the recipient’s zip code to see all the available bouquets.
  • Seasonal arrangements: For home or the office, seasonal decorations are a must. Expect to see spring blooms, pumpkins, evergreens and more as the seasons turn.
  • Shop by occasion: Unless you are a floral enthusiast, it can be difficult to tell what bouquet is suitable for which occasion. 1-800-Flowers takes away all the guesswork by breaking down its arrangements into convenient categories.
  • Personalize gifts: Sending flowers can feel a little impersonal, but not when they come with an engraved candle holder or embroidered teddy bear.
  • Go beyond flowers: While it has tons of lovely arrangements, it also offers a selection of keepsake gifts, from wine sets to picture frames.
  • Best for significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Compare Flower Delivery