1.39/5

2211 1-800-Flowers.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I should have checked reviews BEFORE calling 1-800-FLOWERS.com. THE REVIEWS ARE RECENT AND AS BAD AS THE FLOWERS THEY HAD DELIVERED! Online anything and everything is bogus. Do yourself a favor and stay away from 1-800-FLOWERS.com or, like me, when they tell you a supervisor will call you back, you'll never hear from them again! I just flushed my money down a foreign call center toilet. Smart! P.S. HEY ConsumerAffairs!! How about showing the most recent reviews on the FIRST PAGE so I don't have to go looking for them!!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I placed an order online with 1800-Flowers due to their vast selection and ease of use. I ordered a funeral spray in military colors on the 9th for a funeral on the 12th. Come time for the visitation, our flowers were not at the funeral home. After an hour, I called and talked to "Peggy" in an foreign country. They put me on hold for at least 10 minutes and came back assuring me that the flowers were "on the way to be delivered". The flowers never arrived for the visitation or the service.

I called them back that evening and said I wanted a refund because the flowers never showed up. A different "Peggy" put me on hold another 10 minutes and came back on saying, "Could we go ahead and deliver those for you?" Appalled, I said, "It's a little late! The man is already in the ground!!" They did refund the money spent, or so they told me. If it doesn't show up in a few days on the account, I will add to this review! I wish I had researched reviews before ordering from them. But it seems like they have been around for a while, so I figured they must be reputable. NOT! Do not use this company.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I ordered flowers to be delivered the same day to a co-worker in the hospital and tried to track them the next day and they were not delivered. Upon speaking with a representatives from the company, who was very disorganized and put me on hold for ten minutes. I then called back and spoke with another representative who finally told me the florist was unable to deliver them. I asked why I was not contacted via email or by phone and why they did not try an alternate florist as I paid for it to be delivered the same day. She had no answers, said it would be delivered today. I am very dissatisfied with their service and lack of customer service! I will not be using them again!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Absolutely horrible delivery service and customer service. Twice I have ordered a floral arrangement to be sent in advance. Once to an individual in the hospital, which was finally delivered several days later to their home instead, and yesterday to a funeral at a church, which was never delivered. The funeral delivery had to be cancelled, because there was not an alternate for delivery. I placed the funeral delivery several days prior to the funeral that was scheduled at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday. I received an email confirmation about the arrangement being put together by the florist at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, stating they would send me delivery confirmation as soon as it was completed. I never received anything back and called 1-800-Flowers.com later that afternoon to see what happened.

The customer service rep could barely hear me because of all the background noise going on in their call center (laughing and playing around). They could not get in touch with the florist and said they would call me back. I received a call from the call center today, stating the florist they chose was closed on Saturdays and Sundays and the arrangement had not been delivered. They asked for the gentleman that died address to ship the arrangement to on Monday. I explained that the man had died and there was no longer an address to ship it to! They insisted I give them some address to ship it to. I again explained that a funeral arrangement was meant for a funeral and nothing else and that I could not ship it to some other address.

The impact of this company not delivering for our non-profit organization to acknowledge and show our heartfelt recognition of this gentleman is horrible. We will find a way to show our empathy to his family and other ways to recognize how we feel about losing him. But we will NEVER engage 1-800-Flowers.com again for anything. Years ago I recommended them, but they have changed significantly and that will never happen again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Ordered flowers for a birthday and the flowers did not arrive on delivery date. Did not find out they were not delivered until that night but not from 1800FLOWERS. Contacted customer service and was offered $20 on my next order. The next order is not the problem. It is the current order. Told them they will not have to worry about next order.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

It's unfortunate that with the size of this company and all the business they receive that they are not providing a major piece of customer service that includes, accuracy on dates of delivery, follow through with their vendors on timely deliveries & presentation of the product. Calling customer service several times, the rep was nonchalant about the fact that my order was not delivered on the date specified the 1st or 2nd time. Which prompted me to check on several other orders for funeral arrangements, in turn those too had the wrong delivery dates, being refunded was not the option I wanted, I trusted & depended on this company to deliver the service I paid for and they failed, miserably!

I wont do or recommend anyone to do business with them and feel sorry for the vendors contracted with 1-800-Flowers.com, because in turn they make the vendors look bad and vice versa, some of the vendors make 1-800-Flowers.com look bad. Ultimately when your business name is on the line, it's your absolute responsibility to ensure your customers are happy & if they are not, you in turn, do your best, to fix-it!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I was away from my wife on Valentine's Day and decided to send her some flowers. I ordered a $118 bouquet or 18 roses in a large red quartz-like vase. When she received the flowers, she told me that she only received 17 roses and they were in a clear glass, plain vase. I paid extra for the red one. When I contacted 1-800-Flowers, the emailed me back apologizing, telling me the local florist did not have that vase. They promised to email me with a coupon for $25 off my next order and that they would immediately replace my order and have it shipped again for no charge.

Never received a coupon and the order was never placed or sent. I paid them the agreed upon amount for the product. However, they decided to short my order and actually change the details of my order after the fact with no notice or chance for me to cancel. They took my money and intentionally did not deliver what they promised. Judging by the reviews here, this is not uncommon. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Ordered flowers for a friend's birthday a few days prior. Chose a $75 Birthday arrangement from photo on website. Got an email that my order was shipped and I noticed that the delivery email had a different arrangement than I ordered. This was not only not what I ordered, but it was not even a Birthday arrangement. I contacted them immediately and they said it was because they couldn't find a local florist??? And they shipped from OH to WI??? No florist in the state of WI? Really??? The arrangement was nowhere near close to what I ordered and nowhere near what was in the photo. Much much smaller and just horrible condition. All they offered was a $20 credit for another purchase. Which is useless because I would never use them again!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Order my wife flowers. I made sure I clicked on same day delivery. Nothing came. Next day I called. They said give them another chance so I did. So today the Flowers were suppose to come and nothing again. Do not not deal with them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Ordered flowers for mom birthday to be delivered to her job. Placed the order well in advance. Flowers never delivered! The window was 10 am-5 pm. I called at 4 pm and rep stated flowers were in route. Called again at 4:45. 5 o'clock comes around and I’m forced to ruin the surprise to ask my mom if she received anything and she said no. Called back to 1-800-Flowers and they have no excuse! Said they couldn’t get in contact with the “local florist” (also refused to provide me the “local florist” contact info)! The next option they offered was to redirect the order to deliver to her mom address by 8 pm. I accepted considering she loves flowers. 8 pm comes around, nothing! The representative had to nerve to offer me a $20 gift certificate — the flowers were $89.99. Will be contacting my bank to dispute the charges! Crooks.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My husband ordered a funeral arrangement for his step-grandmother's funeral that he could not attend. After getting an email that the flowers were on their way, it wasn't until two days later that we discovered the flowers were never delivered to the funeral home. We have contacted 1-800 Flowers twice now and assured we would get a refund. It is now 8 days later and I still have not received my $100.78 refund.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I ordered a "Large" Bouquet of flowers for my wife's birthday to be delivered to her office and a box of chocolates. The flowers would not even be a "small" and the candy has never shown up. Terrible service. Tried to call four times, Got the "unexpected large volume of callers" recording, tried their chat (text) feature, just automated responses. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

The order was late, wrong and looked unprofessional. It was definitely not what I paid for and customer service refuses to work with me on a refund. Obviously, customers do not matter to this company.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I ordered a *Large* bouquet of flowers for my girlfriend's birthday to be sent to her office. Everything was delivered on time but the bouquet was a *small* at best. I'm so disappointed and will never order again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I ordered flowers for my sisters birthday. They arrived a day late and an arrangement that I did not pick. I ordered days before. They called to say they were not able to deliver the arrangement I ordered but would be able to deliver a randomly chosen bouquet on time. That didn't happen either. They did refund and apologize but that didn't help the disappointment.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Worst service ever. I ordered flowers for a funeral service in Manhattan several days in advance. 45 minutes before the service they called me and said that they would not be able to deliver on time but the flowers would still get there during the service. They said they had a florist very close to the church and they promised it would arrive during the service. That never happened. They called hours after the service and asked what time the service is. Hello???? Finally, they said that the florist was very far from the church and could not deliver it at all. They had days to plan this and call me with any concerns. This was a very close family member's funeral and no flowers arrived from me. It looks like I didn't care and it makes me feel very sad. Do not use this company under any circumstances. The story changed multiple times and at the end they actually had to get an approval to give me a refund. I wish there was a rating for 0 stars. HORRIBLE!!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I ordered a large bouquet of flowers and a teddy bear for my mother's 70th birthday as we couldn't be there to celebrate with her. We live in the US and they're in Canada. Their online system accepted my order and was supposed to make the delivery today. At 2 pm I get a phone call from their customer service that they cannot fulfill the order and not only that they cannot fulfill the order today but that they cannot fulfill the order at all and they don't understand or can't explain how my order was accepted in the first place in their system.

They can only refund my payment and not only did I not get an apology or any additional consideration for this problem that they caused they said the only thing they can do is refund my money. Now my mother isn't getting anything delivered on her 70th birthday and it's because of this completely horrible company that accepted my order, accepted my money and told me at the last minute that they couldn't deliver so I didn't even have time to make any other arrangements. DO NOT ORDER from 1-800-Flowers.com. There are a lot of other companies out there that actually provide the service that you pay for.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I only wish I had read these reviews before doing business with these people. I ordered flowers for my father-in-law's funeral. I intentionally ordered a LARGE arrangement to make my wife a little less unhappy. The arrangement delivered was the smallest arrangement of all flowers at the service. It was a total embarrassment to, especially, my wife who had just lost her father. I called the "help line"... What a joke. I was disconnected twice and when I finally was able to speak with someone, all they could say was that they were "sorry". That doesn't begin to describe what this company is. They absolutely did not care. After the funeral was over, I wrote two letters to the company explaining the situation. I have not even had the courtesy of a return email, or call. They got my money and, apparently, that's all they care about. For anyone who is ordering flowers, especially for a funeral, GO ELSEWHERE!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

This is NOT the 1st time I have issues with 1-800 Flowers. But, from now on and I will let family and friends to never use 1-800 flowers. Ordered flowers for my dad's funeral and they arrived several hours late, AND it was not what I requested. This is the 3rd time they have messed up my past orders. As I sat outside the funeral home on the phone with 1-800, they left me on hold for 15 minutes!!! The order was paid for, and even though THEY contact a local florist, they would NOT give me the name of the florist either, so I could check to see where my flowers were. VERY disappointing when the flowers arrived. It is not what I ordered, and when I contacted 1-800 days later, they weren't doing anything about it, but I was persistent and then 3 days later they offered a discount for my next order. NO THANK YOU! I'll NEVER EVER use them again. 3 STRIKES and you're OUT!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I ordered a plant as a gift, and it was delivered with spider mites which was reported within 2 days of delivery. Spider mites, with webs plugging and covering the drainage holes of the plant. As well as webs and fungus on the soil top. The plant was then replaced with another, and the second plant was received with yellow leaves, and infested again with white/grey bugs all over the soil. This is disgusting and unacceptable - STAY AWAY FROM THIS CO. They could care less, and don't stand behind their products at all.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I purchased a flowers as a birthday gift for my mother in law. I paid extra $20.00 for the delivery. They sent it the date after her birthday and was not what I bought. Very unhappy with this company. If someone need to have flowers deliver to White Plains NY please use other company if you don’t want to be disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I will never use 1-800-Flowers again. They did not deliver my flowers to the funeral home. Said the local florist did not have the vase that I ordered. They did not call me, I had to call them. But it was too late to order from someone else. The florist was closed.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

FOR SURE, THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD AS A CLIENT. I ordered flowers to be delivered to my best friend on her birthday. On the day of the delivery (late afternoon) they called me to say they wouldn't complete the service because they've got so many orders that they couldn't deliver them all. As if it wasn't disrespectful enough, since I had no time to buy anything else for the day, they offered 50% refund to deliver next day. I insisted on my full refund but since I wanted my friend to get her gift I allowed her to process the half refund. At the end, she continued saying they didn't have the product I ordered anymore. How insanely bad was it?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I rarely write reviews and order products almost daily. However, this is one story that I had to share. I ordered funeral flowers that were supposed to be delivered on or before Sept 3rd. I sent a chat message on the evening of Sept 3rd to ensure delivery - no response. So, I called the next day (4th) at 8 am to verify delivery. The reps says they are not delivered yet, but the local florist called the funeral home and verified service time and "no worries" the flowers will be there in time. They're on their way. So, later in the day I still didn't receive a confirmation of delivery. The new rep on the phone states the "local florist says they can't prepare and get the flowers there in time and will be delivered the next day! What? Seriously? So, the 8 am rep lied to me about the delivery and now they're not going to be delivered until AFTER the funeral is over.

So, they returned 100% of my costs and said they would deliver the flowers to an address of my choice. So, I chose to send them to my uncle's home and gave them the new address. Keep in mind that I'm on the phone now for 45 minutes. Today, I get a message that says, "Your flowers have been delivered." But WAIT for it - they were delivered to the wrong address. The rep from yesterday typed in the street address for the funeral home with the NEW address I gave them. Worst company ever and I would never use them again. I should've read the reviews first! I would be embarrassed to work for this company!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I ordered flowers for my wife’s birthday, they never delivered it on the day requested, two days later we are still waiting for the flowers. Surprise is ruined, they have zero credibility and their customer service does not exist. Do not use them, it’s a waste of money and time.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I ordered flowers for my wife. I told them that they needed to be delivered, before 2:00 she leaves at 2. The arrangement was not delivered until the next day, and then it was incorrect. Flowers not right in comparison to the picture. Pink Roses (she hates Pink). Should have been lavender. The arrangement was falling apart, had no water. On the positive side they did refund half of the money, But it was not worth the price to begin with. WAY OVERPRICED!!! Do yourself a favor and use Teleflora.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I really don't appreciate the misleading hype on price. They offer a great price, however, after 3 or 4 add on fees that "little" bunch of flowers has become too expensive to purchase. I have been very disappointed a number of times especially when you get ready to order and then find out about the fees.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Do not use 1-800-Flowers, your call goes to an international call center. They DID NOT deliver the flower arrangement as ordered and offered a feeble excuse about the delivery address not being a funeral home. It is not a funeral home and they were told that it was not. The level of service was pitiful! Buy flowers anywhere else!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I have ordered from this company twice and both times, they could not deliver on the date they promised. Both times, I was NOT notified of a delay in delivery and had to call myself to check on the order and shipping status. This last time was a gift for my granddaughter's 3rd birthday. You can offer all the discounts and refunds in the world but it cannot make amends for the fact that you over-promise and under-deliver (literally) EVERY TIME. Not going to get me again. I'm DONE!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

1-800-Flowers is a joke. I ordered flowers for a very special day and they “delivered” them at the very last second. And then I called the recipient and he said, "What are you talking about? I didn’t get anything delivered." So I ruined the surprise. After calling 1-800-Flowers I was hung up on twice and transferred 4 different time. Each time getting asked the same questions.

All I said was I want my money back and they refused to refund my money until they spoke with the florist who was suppose to deliver them. I explained to them that there was only 20 minutes before he left for the day so it wouldn’t be possible for them to get them delivered in time anyway. The person on phone said, "Oh well we wouldn’t deliver past 5pm anyway." So again I said, "Then give me my money back." It took over 30 minutes for someone to give me a refund on the flowers that were supposed to be delivered and not even an apology was given for ruining a special day.

1-800-Flowers.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business since 1976, 1-800-Flowers sells a wide variety of gifts, including gift baskets, keepsakes and bouquets. The company offers standard bouquets and bouquets with fair-trade flowers that can be scheduled for same-day delivery or delivery at a later time.

• Same-day delivery: 1-800-Flowers offers a same-day service. Consumers enter the recipient’s zip code to see all the available bouquets.

• Seasonal arrangements: For home or the office, seasonal decorations are a must. Expect to see spring blooms, pumpkins, evergreens and more as the seasons turn.

• Shop by occasion: Unless you are a floral enthusiast, it can be difficult to tell what bouquet is suitable for which occasion. 1-800-Flowers takes away all the guesswork by breaking down its arrangements into convenient categories.

• Personalize gifts: Sending flowers can feel a little impersonal, but not when they come with an engraved candle holder or embroidered teddy bear.

• Go beyond flowers: While it has tons of lovely arrangements, it also offers a selection of keepsake gifts, from wine sets to picture frames.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs