2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

3.8/5 (2887 ratings)

About 1-800-Flowers.com

1-800-Flowers has been in the business of handcrafting flower arrangements, gift baskets, gourmet food items, keepsakes, household plants and home goods since the early 1980s. It was the first company to use a toll-free number for flower orders. 1-800-Flowers specializes in fresh flower bouquets, corporate gifts, flower arrangements for funerals, weddings and large special events.

Pros

• Long-lasting
  • Extensive selection
  • Can order through local florists

Cons

• Shipping charges can be high
  • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

1-800-Flowers has been a trusted flower delivery service for nearly 40 years. It offers a wide selection of flowers, gifts and gourmet gift baskets with same-day delivery options.

Top 1-800-Flowers.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The flowers were beautiful and stayed so fresh. My MIL sent me pictures of them every day for 16 days before they started to wilt. She was delight and so were we. It was certainly...

Verified

The service is great! If you have a question about arrangements or can't decide what's best for your loved one, one of the reps have the needed experience to help. I ordered an ap...

How does 1-800-Flowers work?

1-800-Flowers makes it easy to browse floral arrangements and gift baskets, customize products and order online. Most fresh flower arrangements can be ordered in various sizes, ranging from small to extra large. At checkout, you have the option to add a digital movie to the purchase for the recipient. You can also add balloons, gourmet chocolates, candy pretzels and stuffed animals to your order.

Some of its most popular bouquets and floral arrangements include:

• Fields of Europe Summer Bouquet with sunflowers or similar blooms, blue delphinium, yellow daisy poms, green button poms and purple statice ($39 to $69)
  • Lavender Garden Bouquet with white roses, lavender daisy poms, Peruvian lilies (alstroemeria) and lavender carnations ($45 to $55)
  • Blooming Love Bouquet with either 18 or 21 hand-cut red roses ($65 to $85)
  • Ocean Breeze Orchids with 10 stems of dendrobium orchids ($50 to $82)

1-800-Flowers has floral arrangements for every occasion and “just because.” Along with flowers, customers can order themed gift baskets such as:

• Snacks and Sweets Gift Basket
  • Simply Chocolate Gift Basket
  • Summer Fresh Fruit Basket
  • Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Birthday Cake
  • Savory Snack Crate
  • Magical Unicorn Truffle Cake Pops
  • Fruitful Harvest Dried Fruit and Nut Crate

For customers looking for a keepsake gift, 1-800-Flowers has a large inventory of gifts and trinkets for almost every budget. Some of the most popular keepsake gifts available include friendship candles, giant teddy bears, robes, aromatherapy gifts, birdhouses, wind chimes, jewelry and picture frames. Keepsakes range from $20 to $250.

1-800-Flowers prices

1-800-Flowers has flowers and gifts at a variety of price points. The average cost for a bouquet of birthday flowers is $50, and funeral wreaths and arrangements for services range between $49 and $300. Elegant vases with two dozen hand-cut red roses are $66, and sorbet roses range from $39 to $66.

Along with a custom bouquet, customers can add extras onto their orders. Some of these extras include:

• Balloons: $6 per balloon
  • Gourmet chocolates: $15 to $20
  • Teddy bear plush: $20
  • Candy bar pretzels: $32
  • Godiva Gold Ballotin: $50
  • Enticing Fruit and Sweets Gift Box: $45

At checkout, customers may notice a shipping and service charge. Both fees vary depending on the size of the order. There is a $2.99 surcharge for same-day delivery, and the standard service charge for an order between $60 and $100 is $15. Shipping costs for an order between $80 and $100 is $20.

1-800 Flowers FAQ

Does 1-800-Flowers use local florists?
Yes. To ensure quick delivery and ultimate freshness, 1-800-Flowers works with local florists in your area.
Will 1-800-Flowers leave your flowers at the door?
If no one is at home for the delivery, the flowers are left with a neighbor or at a safe place near the home.
What time does 1-800-Flowers usually deliver?
Normally, delivery times are between 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the recipient's time zone.
Can I cancel my 1-800-Flowers order?
If your order is en route or has already been delivered, it can’t be canceled. If your order is for a future date, you can call or email to cancel.
Does 1-800-Flowers deliver on Sundays?
Yes. Certain flower arrangements can be delivered on Sundays for a $2.99 surcharge.

Is 1-800-Flowers legit?

1-800-Flowers has been around for decades because of its extensive selection of flowers and gifts. It has received positive reviews for having high-quality products and exceptional customer service. 1-800-Flowers offers same-day delivery and fresh flowers and gifts for every budget.

1-800-Flowers.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: May 17, 2021

I ordered flowers for a friend to celebrate his 50th birthday, but like always, I was a bit late in getting things done. My order was processed quickly and the florist who filled the order contacted me to ask when the recipient's birthday was. I told her that it was today, thinking that the flowers would most likely not arrive that day before he left his home for the day (celebratory birthday party). I was delighted when my friend sent me a picture of the flowers an hour later! The florist went the extra mile to get them ready and delivered so that my friend would have them to show off at his party.

Original review: May 16, 2021

Every time I have used this service they have provided exception value for the money. Their offerings far exceed any other flower service I have looked into. I would recommend them highly! I like the fact that they offer options in varying price ranges for the desired gift.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2021

I live in Tennessee. I was attending a Celebration of Life in Lake Havasu City, AZ when I received flowers for Mother’s Day from my son. The flowers were black and slimy. I called 1-800-flowers.com to report. Flowers were replaced and delivered to my home in Mason, TN. They are absolutely fresh and beautiful! Thank You!

Original review: May 5, 2021

Even if the desired arrangement may contain substitutions at the florist completing the order, I have never been disappointed. Delivery has always been as promised, and has never failed to delight! Even during Holidays. Flowers are fresh, colorful and amazing. I have been able to order last minute, and have never had an issue.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I had to come in here and give my review. I've been using this website lately for sympathy, get wells and just because. The recipients have been over the moon excited to get such lovely flowers and they all sent me pics. I had credit to use so I sent myself some for International Women's Day and omg how beautiful!! I wish there was a spot that I could upload a picture.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I ordered a small bouquet of flowers on June 6, 2021 and was confirmed by the company to be delivered on June 11, 2021. It is an international delivery for Germany. For a sick person. On June 11, 2021 they sent an email that the order was being prepared by a local florist. I realized that the status of the order on their website has not changed and it was already nearing their delivery deadline which was 8PM (Germany Time). I brought up a chat with a live agent and they apologized profusely and said that they will contact their supplier in Germany for a re-delivery. The agent gave me a re-delivery date of June 12, 2021 by 8PM.

I had been monitoring the status based on this and checked with a live agent at 1PM (Germany Time) and the live agent had said that the flowers are en route to the recipient's address and that they were confident the flowers were going to be delivered soon. Two hours pass by - again the status on the website has not changed and was still just CONFIRMED. I checked in again with a live agent at 8PM (German Time) and the agent told me that they can contact the supplier for another re-delivery. Now, this confused me because the last agent said that the flowers were en route, so I asked for a recompense/a refund. The agent said a coupon and a 50% refund. Then we were disconnected.

I had to contact another live agent and go through the process of yet again confirming and giving details about my small order that was placed 6 days ago/not rush order mind you. The agent said that they will schedule a re-delivery but there will probably be no delivery til after the weekend. The flowers are for a sick person that will probably not need it after this weekend so I decided to just cancel altogether and ask for a full refund. I was refunded just the amount of the flowers but the other $14.99 said to be a processing fee was not given back.

This experience was more disappointing than upsetting. The status of the orders should be in real time no matter where the destination. And having to start up a live chat just to get a semblance/an idea of how your order is going and getting VARIOUS results is confusing and definitely a disregard for customer care and convenience. I dislike having to leave bad reviews in general, I am one considerate and patient consumer but I cannot find any reason to be considerate in this situation. No flowers for my sick friend. And my working class bank account $14.99 poorer. You could do better. I hope you do better. Lesson learned. Next time I'll look for another company.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I ordered yellow roses. Yellow roses represent friendship. I also paid extra for a “elegant” bouquet so that it would have baby breath in it to look nicer. Finally, I ordered a teddy bear. Flowers die and I wanted the recipient to have a keepsake. They were going to my stepdaughter for her graduation that I could not be at. She was sent red roses, as if she was a lover. The roses had ugly huge green leaves and some purple stuff that looked like baby breath. She also didn’t receive the teddy bear. She received generic chocolates literally from Walmart. Not to mention, she is allergic to chocolates.

I tried sending in an email to complain but their system wasn’t accepting my order number. I had to call. They offered to send out what I correctly ordered...because it wasn’t possible to do that the first time. I accepted. But then the representative said it wouldn’t be delivered for another two days. So they deliver the wrong item, on the day I paid for it to be delivered and now it’s going to take another two days!? I told the rep that was unacceptable and what else can I be offered. They said $20 off my next purchase. I said “Nope! I don’t want that! I will not ever use you all again!” Then she offered an additional 6 roses for free. I said “well if another 6 roses means it’s not going to take an additional 2 days, then yes please.” Of course not! So I asked for a refund. They said they could only refund me 50%. 50% from a $110 order!! Never use this company. They are horrid and a waste of money. Flowers are not cheap. So take your money somewhere else.

Original review: May 27, 2021

Went onto 1800Flowers.com site to order... AZALEA BONSAI LARGE W/ WINDCHIME. Product Number: 18201LW for Mother's Day. Looked very nice on their website. Ordered the large thinking it would be large and nice. My mom sent me a photo of what she got and I was furious. OMG. Awful. I reached out to this company to send a suitable replacement. No response. Stay away from this company. If this wasn't fraud, I don't know what is.

Original review: May 26, 2021

Ordered an expensive arrangement for a family member. The name, street address, city and state were correct. I provided my phone # as well as that of the recipient. I order online at 8am and asked that they be delivered the same day. That evening @ 8 pm I received a call trying to verify the address and I was told that the flowers would be delivered the next day. After hanging up, I realized that the zip code was wrong. I called customer service and gave them the correct zip and was given a confirmation #. The next afternoon I called to check the order status and I was told the florist had cancelled the order. Never did I receive a call or email letting me know! A 2 second google would have given them the correct zip or they could have called and checked with me. I had better not be charged and I am furious about the delay. Always order through a trusted local florist!

Original review: May 19, 2021

I was out of USA and could not come back due to Covid lock down created by idiots in charge but thanks to 800flowers my custom to present flowers to my wife on our anniversary day was done on time with all requests I had.

1-800-Flowers.com Company Information