2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.66/5
Based on 1,957 ratings submitted in the last year

1-800-Flowers.com Reviews

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I ordered 2 dozen assorted flowers, a box of chocolates, and a teddy bear for my husband for Valentine's Day on 02/11/20. Read some reviews but had never worked with the company before this and was very skeptical. He got the flowers on 02/13/20 in a very nicely tightly well packed box so nothing was damaged and everything was very fresh and beautiful! It was a lot more than I anticipated and it came a day earlier than I thought it would which is totally fine! Absolutely love the speed, quality, and price of 1-800-Flowers.com and I will be using them again in the future for sure! Highly recommend them. :) Also forgot to add I did everything electronically, never talked to a person once but I signed up to get email and text notifications about the delivery of my order and everything was efficient and kept me in the loop so I knew when to be expecting them. Very pleasant experience!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I received a bouquet of flowers from my work for my Father's funeral, FedEx delivered it while we were at the visitation. The delivery guy didn't leave a ticket on a window to let me know they were there and I wasn't aware they were sending it. I found them a week later on my front porch and this was the first of August. I chatted with FedEx and they pushed it off on 1-800-Flowers, so I tried them and they made it right! I can't believe how sympathetic and supportive they were! They were awesome! I'm getting some more flowers to replace them and I know when they are coming this time. So 10 stars for 1-800-Flowers and 0 stars for FedEx. I will order from 1-800-FLOWERS from now on!!! Thank you so very much! It meant a great deal to me!

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Part 1. Mother's Day, ordered a crystal rose to be sent to my Mother and unfortunately it arrived broken. Called customer service and it was handled without a hitch. (Sorry I don't remember the lady's name I spoke with, but total professional.) Replacement arrived 2 days later. Even had the same personalized card I had written. Way to pay attention.

Part 2. Mother's birthday a few weeks later, ordered the flower arrangement that looks like a cake. I had never seen this before and thought it was a nice way to display them considering it was her birthday. SCORE! Mom said they were absolutely gorgeous. I received constant notices on the progress and delivery as requested. Their systems works, and works better than a lot of businesses I have dealt with online. 1-800-Flowers, you have a customer for life. Thanks.

Original review: May 30, 2019

So my best friend was recently dumped by her boyfriend so I wanted to send her flowers to cheer her up. I placed my order Friday before Memorial Day weekend and on Saturday received a call telling me the florist was closed for the holidays. They offered me 50% off which was very generous if I let them deliver it Tuesday after the holiday. So I agreed of course. I got an expensive one for her so half off was awesome and she’d still get them. Come Tuesday nothing got delivered and I received a call. They told me the florist didn’t have the flowers/arrangement I had ordered so they needed to push it to Thursday. I was disappointed but then they offered to throw in a free plush stuffed animal. Although there were hiccups mostly because of the holiday I was very happy with how 1-800-Flowers did their best to make me happy and keep me a continuous using customer. She got them today and needless to say she LOVED them.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Order process is simple and transparent. Offers a fairly large variety and selection of flowers and combinations of gifts plus flowers. Delivery is ALWAYS exactly on time... Never missed. Flower recipients have always been extremely pleased with the flower quality, beauty, and appearance. When ordered, the vases were always gorgeous and impressive, while helping to display the flowers in a beautiful way. 1-800-Flowers is my go to source whenever I want top quality with fine and dependable delivery. The prices are comparable to others. Discounts and sales are available from time to time, so there are also money-savings from time to time as well. Given all the positives, this company is well worth doing business with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Charged me extra for a Saturday delivery then I got notice from courier that delivery would be Friday. I contacted 1800flowers.ca and they said "oh, yah, we don't deliver on Saturdays in that city." Took me five emails to get them to refund the shipping cost. THEN, a neighbour watched for the delivery (on Friday) and took it in as soon as it arrived. And the pic below was what was ordered, and what was delivered. Took 4 more emails to get a refund (they started with suggesting a 50% refund !!!) (AND they had seen the photos!!!!). This was all for a 50th wedding anniversary. :(

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my parents in a different state. The delivery date was confirmed for 2/12/20 but as of today, 2/19/20 the flowers have not been delivered. Their customer service has told me several times on multiple days that the flowers would deliver asap but they still have not delivered. My advice is to call a local florist if you want flowers delivered. This site is not reliable or trustworthy!!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I joined their passport service for my church. We do a lot of floral business for our church family. This has been the most time consuming unsatisfactory floral service I have ever used in my life! I arrangement took over an hour to process first online and then on the phone-in end found they couldn’t deliver for 10 days! Totally frustrating experience! Will never use again or recommend to anyone!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I will not be using 1-800-Flowers again. I placed two orders in a short period of time, and the first order had the wrong flowers, not the flowers advertised or pictured on the website. The second order was made ridiculously complex as I used the app and paid with Paypal. The amount was pre-authorized from my Paypal account, but the order did not complete successfully, as the Place Order button did not appear when sent back to the app. I called 1-800-Flowers Customer Service line, and was told that they would have to place my order manually by phone.

An hour later after repeating all the steps I'd already taken on the app, we discovered that the service code I was given for $20 off my previous and botched order had been used, and they could not place the order through Paypal but only by credit card, meaning that the money would be locked up until I called them back the next day to have it released, and it would take 24-48 hours for that to happen, and had to be transferred to a supervisor so that they could manually add the discount. So it took two hours to re-place an order I'd already placed, and a charge on a card I didn't want to use to make the payment, and I have to call back to have the money they'd reserved in my Paypal account restored after 24-48 hours.

After two bad experiences with this company, I cannot recommend them. Their customer service department is not capable of correcting errors caused by faulty technology with the app, and they don't always deliver what you purchased, but may replace it with something they think is similar. I am very disappointed with this company and its service. I will be using other such services in the future, and advise anyone who expects what they pay for to be delivered and easy order placement to go elsewhere as well.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Ordered an expensive bouquet of flowers and even selected a flexible date option for them not to hurry. They delivered the wrong bouquet and wouldn't do a full refund. Only would refund the small difference in value. I did not order what they sent me, why should I have to pay for it? Incredibly unbelievable and unprofessional. Stay away from this unethical company.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

1-800-Flowers.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business since 1976, 1-800-Flowers sells a wide variety of gifts, including gift baskets, keepsakes and bouquets. The company offers standard bouquets and bouquets with fair-trade flowers that can be scheduled for same-day delivery or delivery at a later time.

• Same-day delivery: 1-800-Flowers offers a same-day service. Consumers enter the recipient’s zip code to see all the available bouquets.

• Seasonal arrangements: For home or the office, seasonal decorations are a must. Expect to see spring blooms, pumpkins, evergreens and more as the seasons turn.

• Shop by occasion: Unless you are a floral enthusiast, it can be difficult to tell what bouquet is suitable for which occasion. 1-800-Flowers takes away all the guesswork by breaking down its arrangements into convenient categories.

• Personalize gifts: Sending flowers can feel a little impersonal, but not when they come with an engraved candle holder or embroidered teddy bear.

• Go beyond flowers: While it has tons of lovely arrangements, it also offers a selection of keepsake gifts, from wine sets to picture frames.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team