1.14/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 8, 2017

1763 1-800-Flowers.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

One of our coworkers lost a family member, we placed an order selecting the flowers, the funeral home's name and address, the time of the service and the family name. We received notice 15 minutes prior to the funeral service that they could not deliver in time!!! I was flabbergasted. I have never ordered from this company before and I sure as heck will not ever do it again. How devastating to find out our sympathy could not be expressed as ordered. There is no "do-over" here! 1-800 flowers offered a $20 off my next order... Seriously??? I called the funeral home and told them 1-800-Flowers was not worthy to have their link on the home's website for ordering flowers... What a joke! If I could give them negative stars I would.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I ordered some sympathy flowers for my friend's funeral. I paid extra for the flowers to be delivered on the date of the funeral. The flowers were never delivered and I was never informed. But the charge was placed on my credit card. When I called about the status, the phone rep stated that the florist did not have the kind of flowers. And they were only going to refund me the service charge. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, the phone was disconnected and no one ever called me back.

And on prior occasion, they delivered the flowers one day late for my daughter's birthday. Out of the 3 times I ordered flowers from them in the last year, only one time was delivered on time. So their success rate is about 33%. They have no control over their vendors and no communication with customers. Their management is in disarrayed. This kind of business should not continue function as a business in my opinion.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I am in dog rescue so when one of our co-directors and good friend lost her dog on Wednesday Oct 25 2017 suddenly and unexpectedly, we decided to send her a basket. We wanted something different and lo and behold there on 1-800-Flowers was a basket with a dog made of carnations. I placed the order yesterday morning Oct 26 2017 received my confirmation and went on my merry way thinking it was the perfect sympathy thing for her.

Today Oct 27 2017 I receive a call telling me that they cannot make this basket because all the florists they have tried no longer have this so called "kit" in stock... HUH??!! So I tell them to cancel the order. They try talking me into a nice sympathy bouquet, no thanks. The reason I ordered the dog basket was because she lost a dog. They offered me a stupid $20 certificate off the next order too but this is not the first time I have had issues with them, but I was dumb enough to give them another chance. They cancelled my order, I emailed a local florist in her city, with a picture of the basket and they said they could make it. Clearly 1-800-Flowers did not try that florist... NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am livid with this company. I ordered a funeral arrangement for a very dear aunt and paid an extra fee for early delivery, by 3:00 p.m. No flowers came. I called the company and was told delivery was attempted at 2:45. This is a total lie because there was family and the funeral director present at that time, and the funeral home has a way for any florist to leave a delivery even if no one is available.

The funeral director showed me how they do it. I was told they would redeliver by 10:00 a.m. for the funeral day. Once again, NO FLOWERS. They said they are refunding my money, but this is such an embarrassment. I mean, are you not in the business of delivering flowers? If you can't do the job, go out of business. I have since found many, many reviews online with the same problem! Wish I had known. I am also contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I ordered flowers online. 2 doz roses and they are being delivered to a workplace. The picture shows roses in a vase. I called about delivery cause I received an email that shows they will be delivered in a box by FedEx. FEDEX!!! And sometime between 8 am and 8 pm. So the whole surprise of seeing this big bouquet of roses show up at her work is now down the tubes... Great job 1800 flowers. I will never use or recommend or even speak about you ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I couldn't attend my grandmother's funeral in person, so I sent an arrangement for services. Paid extra to ensure early delivery. For some mysterious reason, 1-800-Flowers took it upon themselves to call the location where services were held to verify the deceased (?!) and then called me eight times without leaving a vm. Ninth phone call resulted in a voicemail, after which I called them back and was assured the order was being delivered. I even received a delivery confirmation. My family informed me the flowers were never delivered. After I contacted 1-800-Flowers about the embarrassing situation they created for my grandmother's funeral, I received a form letter about how they 'deliver smiles' and offered a $20 'savings pass' towards a future purchase. Unbelievably insensitive and insulting. I thought I was working with a reputable and responsible business.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I ordered flowers from their website for my mom. They did not come the day they were suppose to. After 3 days of calling and complaining I finally got a call from the delivery guy who gave a million excuses. He was not affiliated with a local florist. Since the company refused to give me a refund we waited another 2 days and many phone calls later the guy finally delivered a small vase of pretty 4 fresh flowers but nothing near what we ordered or what we paid for them. I gave them 2 stars because at least the delivery guy brought something several days late. I could have bought those flowers at Walmart for maybe $15.00 and the vase from a Dollar Tree. The company won't tell you the name of the florist because they false advertise and don't work with a reputable florist. It is a total scam company. If I didn't continually complain I wouldn't have gotten any flowers for sure. Don't use this company.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I bought a necklace with a keepsake box from these morons for my wife for our anniversary. Now unlike some of the horror stories I read, it did arrive on time because myself and the rep had to modify the delivery date because it was my fault for picking a date a week later, would be a day late at the earliest. So that's my fault. Now when she got the necklace, it was like it was made for a kid. My wife is small framed and that chain at the max length was like a choker and she didn't care for that.

So I called about returning it for a refund and they literally hem hawed around for about a half an hour, going back and forth to a supervisor and came back and said, “I'm sorry there's nothing we can do.” And I quote… "We don't have a return address for where the necklace came from.” WHAT?!! So I asked, “So what exactly does that mean for us?” She basically was going with tough ** in so many words. So I pressed and said that I would just report you to the BBB and then she said hold on then came back and said they'd give me back 50% of what I paid and we could keep the merchandise. Luckily my wife went and bought a necklace extender but I paid good money for the necklace. Sadly I probably ended up spending what it's all worth with the refund. Don't let these imbeciles give you a tough ** story either. Don't hang up until they offer something for their incompetence.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Ordered flowers same day service. Was emailed a confirmation that delivery was made. Recipient never received the flowers. Called customer service and they couldn't get the florist on the phone to find out what happened. Set up redelivery instead for the day AFTER I wanted them delivered originally. Still not delivered... Yet another call to CS and they said that since it was only 10:30am they would change florists to one that would deliver today (Sunday). Shortly after I got a call from the same CS agent with 1800flowers who said she "just realized" that none of the florists they work with deliver on Sat or SUN! UUgh, canceled my order and went with 1stopflorist.com. I JUST WANTED TO ORDER FLOWERS!!! WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I received a box (memory candle) which I assume was for my mother's funeral. The card was written for another person from a person I did not know! The phone number on the mailing label, under my address, was not mine. So another person received the wrong item too. Or at least the wrong message! I called 1-800-Flowers and they were no help. The customer service person did not understand what I was telling him. I have no idea who may have attempted to send our family a gift. What a mess! Four people not satisfied in this transaction!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Great company to use if you have sixty dollars you need to get rid of. Used 1-800-Flowers to have flowers delivered to a friend in the hospital. I got an email saying they couldn't deliver the flowers. They apparently couldn't find the cardiology ward of a major Philadelphia hospital. They said they would try again. The flowers were never delivered. I filed multiple complaints and calls as to where the flowers were. The only response I got from them was the 60 charge on my debit card. No email back. The operator on the phone can never help nor offer a refund. Will never use them again.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I ordered flowers for Saturday delivery for my moms 80th birthday, they never arrived, I chatted with 800-Flowers that night, she said out for delivery, they were not. I chatted with 800-Flowers Sunday morning, told them order never arrived. She called my mom to verify & called the florist, they were closed. Apparently they never intended to deliver that weekend. 800 Flowers found a florist that could deliver on Sunday. They delivered that afternoon. The flowers did not look like the picture I ordered from & the roses looked like they will fall apart any minute.

I emailed them on Monday, and told them the situation. They have a "100% smile guarantee on the website". What a joke!! They offered to redeliver the flowers. At this point the birthday is over and I do not trust them. After many back & forth & me wanting a refund, they finally agreed to a 50% refund. Does this sound like A 100% smile guarantee?? NO WAY. BEWARE of 1800flowers.com.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Terrible business! After attempting to order online twice from 2 different devices the site wasn't working. Then spoke to 2 different people one being a manager. They STILL didn't get my info correct because apparently they never got the correct address because my sympathy gift basket never got delivered after charging me more money and giving me a later delivery date! WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I put an order in online and then immediately realized that I put the wrong delivery date on it. I went the chat section of their website where I gave my name and order # and it was confirmed for me that the delivery date was changed. Then I begin to receive totally incoherent emails that are not even addressed to me but asking me about changing my delivery date. I kept responding that it had already been addressed and each time a different rep would send a horribly written email to me. I finally decided to call and when I asked to speak to a manager was put on hold for over 10 mins before I decided to hang up. Right now my order still has the incorrect delivery date on it, I can't talk to anyone, and am so frustrated because there is no way to cancel the order at this point. I will NEVER use this service again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I placed an order for a coworker's return and wanted it to arrive on the same day. On their site they said order within 1 hour and 42 mins. to guarantee same day business delivery. 5 mins. after placing the order they called and said the delivery guy just left could they deliver tomorrow. I explained that it was truly meaningless the day after the coworker returned. So to please just cancel the order which they told me they could not do. So no I will dispute it on the corporate credit card. I told them I would never use them again since they could not meet their advertised policy.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I was looking around for a website to order a corsage for my homecoming dance. I found one that I liked on 1800flowers. I couldn’t tell if the roses were real or fake from the picture and the description kind of confused me so I called to ask. I was told they were real roses. So I placed my order and they came a week later - the date that I requested the delivery. Turns out they were FAKE roses! I was very upset so I called up to complain and I was told they were sending me a new corsage and that it was going to be delivered the following day (Saturday) between 9 am and 7 pm. My event was at 7 pm so I thought it would be fine. I waited all day for the corsage - nothing came.

It finally was around 6:45 pm when I called to ask. Come to find out, my order was never placed because no local florist was able to deliver my order on Saturday so they were just going to deliver it on Monday even though I made it clear originally I needed it Saturday. Additionally, the person I spoke to tried to strongly persuade me to just have it delivered Monday even though the event would be long over. Finally, I asked for a refund and I am waiting for that refund currently. I have had family order from them before, and the flowers were nice. It depends on what you order. Definitely DO NOT use 1800flowers if you have a time schedule.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Ordered on Friday. Very important that they arrive Saturday by 4:00. Gave them email and phone number. No delivery, no call, no email. When called was told they would be delivered next day. Sorry too late. $20 for delivery and they can't even do that!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I ordered flowers for my mother at 9:30 in the morning. They were guaranteed to be there by 5:00. At 2:00 I was sent an email that they were delivered. This was a lie! My mother never received them! When speaking to customer service they refused to let me speak to a supervisor, would not acknowledge this was their fault. They said they would check on this and call me back. No callback! When I called again, same lies! After a 5th call I told them I would contact the local flower shops to prove they lied about even putting an order in and then was told they would send them tomorrow. I called back and told them to cancel my order. Looong waits to speak with anyone! Business needs to be shut down!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I ordered a corsage for my son's girlfriend. This was their first homecoming dance. After 6 calls throughout the day and the run around each time, corsage was never delivered. I was/am so upset. I will never, ever use 1-800-Flowers again. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

August 25, 2017 I ordered a gorgeous Thank You fruit basket for my boss, it was set to be delivered on August 26. On August 26th I received a phone call, after 3 separate phone calls (I was left on hold for so long, my calls got disconnected) they finally told me what the problem was "oh, the florist we use is unable to deliver your basket today, but we will deliver it tomorrow (Sunday). What??? Just like that, THANK GOD this wasn't a Birthday, or Anniversary or other critical date that my fruit basket had to be there for.

TODAY: Sunday, August 27, they delivered the fruit basket, when my boss sent me the picture, I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO enraged, embarrassed and disappointed. It was nothing like the pretty picture they have on site and the picture you assume is what your recipient would receive. I kept hearing a lot about 1-800-Flowers and their shoddy business practices, and I hope to never, never, never order from any company that has anything to do with them. My fruit basket was made by Flowers by Marianne and it was absolutely a 3 from the 10 I thought I ordered, because I went by the picture and I was heartbroken it was nothing like the picture.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Ordered flowers for my cancer fighting Mom's 75th birthday. And put order in 2 days in advance. After numerous calls and the complete runaround. She never got her flowers. At the end of the day they said there was confusion with what I had requested on card. It was simply a defaulted message from their site. Happy Birthday and many more, Love -----,------. Also take note they have until 7-8 to deliver. Who wants flowers delivered in the evening. Birthday is over by then. Never again for me!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I ordered flowers and a balloon for my wife to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. The flowers were not delivered. When I call the customer service I was told that they would deliver the next day and that it was better late than never. For a service like this they should never miss a delivery date, they ruined a once in a life time celebration. They should be run out of business to ensure that they are unable to do this to anyone else.

Their service was horrible. They kept me on the phone for over an hour with no real resolution, they kept telling me that they did not want to get off the phone while I was still frustrated - really? They screwed up my 25th Anniversary. How could they possibly think anything they could do would make up for that. Again I cannot stress this enough if it is an important event do not order from 1-800 Flowers because they do not deliver. And better late is not true.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

My husband's office ordered flowers for my mom's funeral - to be delivered for the Friday Viewing as the service was the next morning. No flowers came... We buried her Saturday and funeral flowers arrive at my HOUSE on Monday. Not plants, but a funeral arrangement?! When I called 1-800-Flowers it was stated matter of fact that the 'sender' agreed to this? What? Would any sender agree to have flowers 'miss the funeral'? Would anyone think it would be OK to send funeral arrangements to a house? Very poor taste.

My mom meant the world to me - would have been respectful for 1-800-Flowers to deliver on time and if not, refund the sender the money. It was VERY POOR TASTE to believe that it would be fine to deliver these flowers 3 days after the funeral. Seems like they wanted to keep their money. His office (who orders flowers for many of their clients) will no longer do business with this disrespectful, tasteless, and greedy company. This was NOT good customer-recovery.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I placed an order on August 9, 2017 for a Casket Cover for my father's casket for 249.99. The order was promised for August 10, 2016 but was not delivered on time for my father's viewing on August 11, 2017 at the funeral home. After many phone calls to 1-800-Flowers and being put on hold or my phone calls dropped, I was able to talk to someone on my fifth call and told them to cancel the order since they could not deliver it on time. Then a get an email saying the order had been delivered. What I order and what was delivered from Flower Basket by Becky, 204 Russell St, Darlington, SC 29532 looks nothing like what was advertised and what I ordered!!! We were so embarrassed by the casket cover, my wife went and ordered another casket cover for the casket. My wife and I were so disappointed with your customer service and the delivery of our order that I will never use 1-800-Flowers again.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

The flowers that I ordered had a very short shelf life. Almost immediately after they came out of the box they became limp and had to be thrown out in a week.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I previously had good experiences with 1800flowers for holiday occasions but that all changed in the month of June 2017. I had sent out 2 gifts on father's day and one at the end of June. However, the people I sent them to never received them. I tried to file a complaint to the company to see if they could resolve the issue. I never received a response from the company, or a refund, or even an investigation to see if the order was sent but not picked up for some reason. I am deeply disappointed with their services and will not be using them again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I have used this service before but I won't be using it again. I hate to give the review to 1-800-Flowers but their confidentiality agreement will not allow them to divulge the name/location of the florist. Therefore they will have to bear the brunt of my ire. I am sadly disappointed in the service we (didn't) received. It soured my wife's birthday and I have recourse. Getting my money back just doesn't do much for satisfaction. The delivery person actually let an unknown person sign for the flowers. The signature did not match my name or my wife's. How can you do that when somebody is depending on your professionalism? It doesn't say much for the florist or the inconsiderate moron they employ. This will be the last time I will use their service, and I will make sure that everyone I know will hear this tale. P. S. - Can you believe the soulless act of the dirtbag that would sign for and keep somebody's birthday gift? That goes beyond evil.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I ordered a plant a week before my Grandma's memorial service. They could not deliver it until the day of the service. I called 1800flowers at 8am the morning of the service to verify the delivery would be made before the 10am service. They said it would be delivered by 9am. It was delivered at 1pm, service over. I called requesting a refund, was told I would receive one. Received a call the following morning saying since it was delivered, I would not receive a refund.

I stated the order was made so it would be AT THE SERVICE, not sitting in the funeral home AFTER the service had ended TWO HOURS previously. The caller then said they would reroute the delivery it to a home address. Really? I ordered it for the SERVICE, not for the home!! He then offered to give me a $20 gift certificate, for a $70 order! Please call a local florist directly. These people are a joke, and how they handle failing at their commitments is even more of a joke! Especially don't order for a funeral service, how embarrassing and hurtful not to have your plant at a loved one’s service. Would give them a zero if it was possible.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Classic collection gourmet gift basket ordered. This collection contains chocolates and cookies and it was a gift from us to our son for his birthday. Unfortunately the gift box did not contain any of these items. After speaking to the customer care I was promised that they would send the correct items this time. Once again the local vendor calls and asks my son as to why he opened the gift box and as to why he did not like what was there in the box! For heaven’s sake it’s a gift and how would he know what we had ordered! The minute we came to know that all items were different and not as described on the website we contacted the customer care. How can this local vendor talk to my son like this? You need to seriously reconsider having them as your vendors. Very very disappointed.

Original review: July 22, 2017

1-800-Flowers email advertising promoted product in specific region. After placing order and confirming availability, I was called later in the day and told that it was not available. Ordered flowers for same day. I was called after placing order and told it would take a week. Called customer service line and was on hold 5 minutes. I hung up and called back. It took 20 minutes to cancel order and re-credit account. Amount re-credited was incorrect. Phone operators have no resources or authority to resolve problems.

1-800-Flowers.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

In business since 1976, 1-800-Flowers sells a wide variety of gifts, including gift baskets, keepsakes and bouquets. The company offers standard bouquets and bouquets with fair-trade flowers that can be scheduled for same-day delivery or delivery at a later time.

• Same-day delivery: 1-800-Flowers offers a same-day service. Consumers enter the recipient’s zip code to see all the available bouquets.

• Seasonal arrangements: For home or the office, seasonal decorations are a must. Expect to see spring blooms, pumpkins, evergreens and more as the seasons turn.

• Shop by occasion: Unless you are a floral enthusiast, it can be difficult to tell what bouquet is suitable for which occasion. 1-800-Flowers takes away all the guesswork by breaking down its arrangements into convenient categories.

• Personalize gifts: Sending flowers can feel a little impersonal, but not when they come with an engraved candle holder or embroidered teddy bear.

• Go beyond flowers: While it has tons of lovely arrangements, it also offers a selection of keepsake gifts, from wine sets to picture frames.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs