1.26/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1658 fromyouflowers.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I placed my order Sunday, December 16, requesting same day delivery. I received an email stating that the flowers had been delivered. After having a family member confirm that the flowers were not delivered, I called customers service to be placed on hold the first time then disconnected then to call a second time. Speak with an associate and being told that my order would be delivered on the 17th. I asked why did I receive a confirmation email then? I was then told that the truck had already left before my order was placed, this still does not answer my question why I received the email later in the afternoon stating that my order had been delivered.

The representative became irritated so then I asked to speak with a manager. I was then placed again on hold and then disconnected. I then called a 3rd time asking to speak to a manager. She requested my order number which was given to her. I was put on hold a 3rd time. Be on hold for over 15 minutes with no manager coming on the phone and being disconnected again. I requested a call back which I have not received yet. I will not order from this company ever again and I will tell others to not do the same. How do you know if your orders being delivered? Say you're out of state you place an order. You're expecting it to arrive and it doesn't. You wouldn't even know it. Awful way of doing business.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

It's been my second purchase with them and all I can say is that it has been a great service. I see reviews aren't so good, maybe bad luck or the area, but here in California it's a great service and I do recommend it. I will keep doing my floral arrangements with this company. Thank you for your excellent service.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I ordered flowers on Dec. 15 and chose the date for them to be delivered on Dec. 16, the day of my daughter-in-law's birthday. I heard from her on the 15th, thanking me for the flowers. This wouldn't have been so terrible, but it wasn't what I requested. Then she sent me a picture and I was horrified to see the amount of greenery spilling out from the poorly arranged flowers! It was so over-the-top with greenery, and looked nothing like the beautiful display on the website. I was embarrassed by the look of them, but thankfully, my daughter-in-law was grateful for the surprise and thought that was put behind the gift. This company does not know how to arrange flowers and does not know how to follow customer instructions. Very disappointing.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Delivered ‘Bouquet’ was only 12”x12” in size and listing states 25” x 22”. I paid extra for PREMIUM, what was received was worth MAYBE $20 and it cost me $69. It did deliver the same day I ordered it on. So that’s something, but not enough to make up for the poor quality of the arrangement. I have asked for a partial refund and a new arrangement delivered, but we’ll see if that happens. This company should be shut down. I wish I’d researched this company before ordering...

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

First of all, I paid extra to get them delivered before 12 but they didn’t come till exactly 5PM! I ordered them for a friend and she almost missed them because they were so late. Then, when they arrived the flowers looked NOTHING like the pictures. SAVE YOUR MONEY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about fromyouflowers.com?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I ordered flowers to be delivered the same day for a friend who had just had surgery and I called 4 times throughout the day to make sure they were getting delivered because the tracking never changed from the time I ordered. I ordered them at 8 AM and was told they would be delivered before 6 PM. They never were and they claimed they were not going to be delivered until the next day. I paid extra for same day delivery and called how many times to make sure they would be delivered and they lied to me. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE. Complete ruined my day.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Ordered flowers for my wife to be delivered to her at school. This pathetic company didn't deliver the flowers on the scheduled date and argued about refunding me my money. Do not order from them! Save your money!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I have ordered flowers to be delivered on specific day. I was told that those will be delivered before 5pm. One hour before delivery time, I was told that I will be getting the delivery 3 days late. Upon talking to customer care, they told that they cannot do anything and will be able to process order only after 3 days. THEY HUNG UP THE CALL ON MY FACE as well. HORRIBLE SERVICE AND HOPELESS CUSTOMER CARE. Please don't use their website if you don't want to spoil your special day.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We ordered a bouquet of flowers for our granddaughter that had just had foot surgery. Because it was so close to Christmas, we ordered the Peppermint Bouquet and the bouquet looked nothing like the picture. The flowers were to be all red and white carnations with a pretty bright red vase, just a little splash of greenery, here and there, and a large red/white striped bow that looked like a candy cane type striped! The bouquet she received had 'lots and lots' of greenery, some pinkish and white carnations which may have been ok, if there had been more red and white flowers and less greenery. Then it did have a few red and white small carnations, and "a red plaid" bow. It certainly did not look like the picture you advertise as a Peppermint Bouquet!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I sent an arrangement to a friend in the hospital yet she did not receive them. I emailed customer service yet no response. A week later I call customer service to resolve the issue and was placed on hold for over 20 minutes only for the customer service representative to question my claim of them not being delivered. He told me that I could go pick them up at the hospital 3600 miles away after they have been sitting for over a week. Eventually he agreed to email me a gift certificate. I was expecting it to be for the amount in which I spent on the arrangement but nope, $20. I will never consider this company again as anything other than bad business. I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO SEEK ANOTHER FLOWER SERVICE.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I ordered flowers for the death of a friend's mother. The flowers delivered looked nothing like the bouquet ordered and to top it off the flowers themselves looked days old and were actually drooping. I complained and was assured they would redeliver a new bouquet the next day... They did actually send a new bouquet the next day but it looked worse than the first one! When I complained about it again I was given a $20 coupon for my next order... As if I would ever order from your company again!!! Terrible, terrible experience!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I ordered a flower package with chocolates and a bear. Nowhere on the website did it say that apostrophes do not show up and they put random characters in for them. The card was delivered to my girlfriend's house like that while I was away surprising her with them. I went back and forth with the customer service email for hours trying to get a new card. They emailed back with 30% off first then $10 off and finally told me they couldn't mail a new card. When I told them they were going to get a bad review they then turned around and told me they would mail a new one.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have ordered from this company twice. Once for my grandma in Georgia (I am in California) and once for the school I work at for 6th grade graduation ceremony. Both came on time, beautiful, and reasonably priced. They do not do custom orders, but it's ok because they have a large beautiful collection of flowers offered. They often have discounts. The flowers shown are the deluxe, so be aware of that when choosing. They have regular, deluxe, and premium options which offer a bigger better flower arrangement than the one shown. Would recommend.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Misleading advertising! The original search engine link stated, "hand delivered in 4 hours." After choosing this link, even though I was shopping for flowers on Sunday afternoon, each floral arrangement was labeled as "same day delivery." In the cart, the only available delivery was next day.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I ordered a SAME DAY delivery service for flowers for the death of my friend's infant son. I made the order at 5 am in the morning. I received an email at 2:50 pm that the order couldn't quite be filled exactly so they made substitutions. By 9 pm, 3 hours after their website says deliveries would be made, the flowers still had not arrived. I made several calls to their company and a number of emails. Finally, I was given a full refund and an "apology note". Really? For trying to send flowers for the death of my friend's infant son? Unbelievable.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I ordered same day delivery at around 7:30 in the morning, and about an hour and a half later they told me my flowers wouldn't be delivered until the next day. I waited all day the next day for the flowers. No show, no notification, nothing. I wait another day, thinking maybe they weren't able to get into my apartment complex. Nothing. It's been about a week, and the flowers have still not been delivered. At this point I thought it was actually a scam, but it seems like others have ordered from these people and actually gotten a product. If they don't service people in my area, I would have preferred a notification and refund instead of radio silence and essentially running off with my money. Do not buy from these people.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

The flowers I ordered for a family member out of state were delivered on time (not even 24 hours after ordering) and were better and more full than pictured! As many know, this is a rarity in the flower delivery business. Very pleased! Will give them repeat business.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I was trying to order a nice Christmas bouquet for my mom's birthday. Ordered in plenty of time for delivery 2 days out and received an email at 3:45 pm the day of delivery to let me know my order will not be filled and the next business day (the day after her birthday) would be the soonest they deliver. So they credited $3 to my account for delivery fees and then delivered as promised a day late. My mom sends me a photo of a messy clump of green bushes and about 3 total flowers. This looks NOTHING like the picture from which I ordered... NOTHING. I have since called to which they apologized and offered to send another arrangement out. This one will be delivered tomorrow, I can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow. Stay tuned. :)

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I ordered the flowers about 2 days before they were supposed to be delivered, and paid for expedited shipping so that my mother could receive them before 12 PM as I didn't know if she had anything planned. Day of her birthday, it was 12:30 and she hadn't said anything to me yet, so I checked the tracking and it stated that it wasn't delivered yet. So I called the 800 number and spoke to someone and they stated they were going to give me a refund for the expedited shipping, fine.

Around 4:30 came around and I still didn't hear anything from my mother so I called her. I had to ruin the surprise because I didn't want her to think I forgot. She got the delivery while I was on the phone with her, and although she liked them, they were not even close to what I ordered. I asked her to send me a picture and it was clear that she said she liked them just to make me feel better. I paid $60.00 for these flowers. They only gave me a 20% refund. I took it because I didn't feel like arguing with the woman. I understand that availability can differ from florist to florist, but it was clear that the florist didn't even attempt to make it look like what I purchased. Do not purchase from this company.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

This company is horrible. I ordered flowers for my Fiancée’s birthday. I chose the one called cotton candy and I decided to go with the premium. The total cost said it was $ 47.99. They told me delivery charge was $2.99. As I was checking out they asked if I wanted expedited delivery for $4.99 and they guarantee delivery by noon. I thought it would be $4.99 they did not say the charge was additionally that price plus the $2.99. Then they charge a $14.99 handling fee. They bait you with what appears to be a better price than everyone else but at the end you pay just as much.

At 2pm the flowers still didn’t come. I contacted the company and they refunded my 4.99. But I didn’t realize until I got the credit for $5.35 that they had also charged sales tax on the delivery. I am not sure if that is even legal. Finally the flowers came but no one had even knocked on the door they just left them on the doorstep. I was highly disappointed by the size and quality of the flowers. It looked like the basic version of the flowers I had ordered. The quality of the blooms was sad at best, not at all what you come to expect from a florist. The roses were substandard and wilting, peonies had brown on the edge of the petals and I was astounded at the overall quality and look and could not believe this is what I had ordered. I contacted the company 2x and sent photos the second time and still no word. I guess they have customer service as great as the flowers they send.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Do not order from this place. The order was A DAY late and the subs they made for the products were unacceptable. I ordered a plush bear with 6 colorful balloons for delivery to a child in the hospital and I got a stuffed DOG with three balloons that were all the same. Ripoff. Customer Service is a waste of time, it is outsourced to somewhere overseas and the people barely speak English and their attitude is terrible. DO NOT order from this company. Stick with 1-800-FLOWERS. I tried "FROMYOUFLOWERS" to try something new. FORGET IT.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Flowers were ordered at approx 10pm the night before the desired delivery date with the options given for same day delivery AND expedited delivery to have the flowers delivered before noon on that day. Flowers were never delivered. Did not receive an email telling me that they couldn't meet the expedited delivery time with the option for me to cancel the order until 105 pm on the day of scheduled delivery. Too late for me to go with another company for the occasion. I was advised that the flowers would still be delivered that day if I decided to keep the order. I did. 515 pm the day of scheduled delivery, still no flowers. I called customer service who refunded half the total cost to include the expedited fee and was told they should be there by six. Occasion officially ruined. Thanks fromyouflowers.

Spent over 40.00 initially for flowers that could not be delivered on the date they claimed or the time frame they claimed, and I do not even have a pic of the flowers because it was at the florists' discretion. Next day flowers never delivered and will be asking for full refund. I would rather endure a proctology exam than use them again. Use them at your own risk.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I ordered the Clear Blue Skies for my mother to be delivered today on her birthday. The delivery was early and very satisfactory, which I was pleased with.

However, what I received was NOTHING like what I ordered. In the site, it said the bouquet was supposed to include a few big lilies among roses and a few other flowers. Well, it didn’t. It barely had flowers at all. So I basically paid over $50 to get a few half dead flowers that were shameful to present to my mother, who is a big flower fanatic. Unbelievable. Do NOT order from this site! You will be ripped off!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I paid $80 for flowers to be delivered to my best friend with balloons and the flowers that were delivered looked NOTHING like the "deluxe" bouquet I purchased. It was a cheap bare assortment and was embarrassing to give. It was supposed to be Christmas themed and it looked nothing like the picture they advertised. I'm disgusted. How is this place not shut down?? I wish I would have researched reviews before touting this site. DO NOT ORDER FLOWERS FROM THIS PLACE!!! GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I am absolutely unsatisfied with the delivery, product and customer service. My husband is overseas for work and ordered a "Golden Elegance Christmas Tree" to be delivered to my place of employment. What I received, is nowhere near close to what was shown in the advertisement. I received a clear glass vase (not golden vase as shown and described) with a flat bouquet of flowers just thrown together carelessly. My husband paid a lot of money for these flowers and what I received is absolutely unacceptable and nothing like what was advertised on the website.

Then, I call the customer service number for assistance and refund, but then the lady states she cannot help unless she speaks to my husband since he is the one who placed the order. Did I mention my husband is overseas and the reason why I am calling to complain myself? She also states once she speaks to him, she will give him a percentage back for the order. This is completely unacceptable. They really don't care about their customers. On their website they say 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed but in reality they just want to take your money.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Unreliable company. Sent wrong flowers and never did redelivery as promised. Also never contacted me back (I called them and they promised to call me back when they get more information). Then gave me refund $11.98. It was a gift for mother in law, flowers and arrangement not even close to what was on the website and the size is definitely NOT DELUXE! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!! THE WORST COMPANY EVER. Will never recommend you to anyone!!! P.S. Photo of flowers is attached.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Ordered a bouquet made to look like a Christmas tree last year because a regular tree wouldn't fit in the small apartment we moved to. When the order had not arrived after two days from scheduled delivery date of Dec 21, I called to see "what was happening". It took 4 calls and an hour's time to even speak to a service rep (call was repeatedly disconnected). Then I was told the subcontracted florist could not meet the order and that the rep had no idea why I wasn't contacted. Then he said he could get another florist to produce the order, but it would not be "as pictured" and would have to be in a plastic vase. He further indicated there would be no price reduction for either the late delivery or the more cheaply-made arrangement. I cancelled my order and will never place one with this company again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I ordered flowers for my best friend’s grandfather’s funeral. They sent an email stating that there was a slight substitution. The arrangement was completely different. It was suppose to have lilies and roses. It was a cheap arrangement with carnations and baby’s breath. Their customer service is saying that carnations are equal or greater value as roses. I’m greatly disappointed and do not plan on ever using that company again. I would be concerned that I would again receive poor quality.

The delivery was a whole day early and that was also their excuse for the quality because they did not have the items. If the company sends orders to a florist that is unable to produce quality that is close to the order that is an issue the company should address. I think they thought the issue is about the cost, but it wasn’t it was about the quality and presentation. At a time of grief this is a representation of my sympathy and sentiment and a cheap arrangement is embarrassing. I would rather the florist contact me to make different arrangements than send what they did instead.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I ordered flowers from this company a week in advance for my mother-in-law's birthday because my husband and I are going to be out of the country on a vacation to The Bahamas on her birthday. They delivered the flowers the very next day to my mother-in-law's work!!! I was devastated! She never would have thought she would ever receive flowers on her day from us, especially being in the Bahamas! We spent $80 for a Christmas tree shaped bouquet and balloon. I called them immediately. Here are the issues we had with this company...

1. They delivered the flowers on the wrong day and the wrong time. 2. I could barely understand the customer representative because she had a strong foreign accent, but her tone was not friendly. 3. She initially offered to have another bouquet delivered on the day I specified. When I told her no, that the surprise was already ruined and I wanted my money back. She became more rude than I was! 4. She then said she could not do that because my mother-in-law signed for them (I found out the flowers were delivered before my mother-in-law even got to work.) 5. She offered to give me a 20% discount on a future order and again I told her no, I wanted my money back. 6. They totally misspelled my mother-in-law's name 7. They had the incorrect address of my mother-in-law's work (luckily I provided the name of her work).

After repeating myself and demanding a refund, and being put on hold twice, the customer service representative came back and said they would fully refund our money. I waited to write this review until I actually seen the refund on our credit card. The only reason I gave this company 2 stars instead of 1 is because the flower arrangement is gorgeous and my mother-in-law loves the flowers. But, I will never use this company again. It totally ruined our surprise and that is something money cannot buy!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I don't even know where to start with this company. I wish I would've seen this site/reviews BEFORE I purchased from them. I ordered a bouquet of flowers from them on a Sunday and they weren't 'delivered' until Tuesday. They were intended for my friend whom was in the hospital. Tuesday came and I received an email from the company saying they were delivered at 8:50 a.m. I checked with my friend's mother, the front desk, the security office and the charge nurse. There were no flowers delivered. Around 11:15 a.m. that same day I received a second email from UPS stating the flowers had been delivered to the FRONT desk and a person named 'Bunch' signed for them. I checked with them and all the aforementioned departments - I even checked if there was another patient by the same name. There was not and my friend still had no flowers (and a teddy bear).

I called the company - they were very rude and hung up on me. On my second attempt the lady rudely told me to wait until 7 p.m. in a huff even though I had two delivery times. I felt something was off so my friend's mom spoke to the front desk again whom directed her to security. The head of security reviewed their security tapes for us from 7 a.m. until 12 p.m., covering both time slots. NOTHING WAS DELIVERED TO ANYONE. I called the company back and asked for a refund. I had called three times by then and was done with them! The first person to answer argued with me and put me on hold for ten minutes before they transferred me to a supervisor. This person also argued with me and they weren't wanting to refund me my money. I told them I would dispute the charges and they finally agreed to give me my money back. DO NOT USE THIS UTTERLY TERRIBLE COMPANY!

fromyouflowers.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

From You Flowers has a large network of local partners, working with more than 20,000 florists worldwide to provide the freshest blooms on demand. The company also offers other gifts, like stuffed animals and fruit baskets, to be delivered with or instead of flowers.

• Same-day delivery: Customers can have same-day delivery service by placing their orders before 3 p.m. in the delivery time zone. Orders can be placed 24/7 by phone or online. There is an additional fee for same-day delivery.

• Holiday-inspired arrangements: Find floral decorations that spruce up seasonal decor in its specialty arrangements.

• Guarantee: The company offers a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, so consumers can buy with the confidence that every bloom will be picture perfect. Unsatisfied customers can call From You Flowers for a refund or replacement.

• Discount coupons: From You Flowers offers a variety of discount options and sales depending on the season and availability. Make sure to do an Internet search before placing your order to find the best deal.

• Price: From You Flowers has bouquets and arrangements priced at less than $30. Delivery fees are not included in the price shown online.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs