1.22/5
Based on 553 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1454 fromyouflowers.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I purchased one dozen long stem roses to be sent to my client and paid extra for Saturday delivery. I follow the tracking number for Saturday and found that they deliver the flowers to the wrong address in a completely different town. When I called Customer Service and explained the importance of it being there on Saturday they told me it would cost me $60 to have it delivered as same-day service on Saturday. I explained that I did everything I was supposed to on my end and the ball was dropped on your end, and I need to be made whole – it was a time sensitive delivery that’s why I paid more. After an hour on the phone with the supervisor they said they might be able to get out there on Sunday but at the latest on Monday – completely missing the important occasion.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I ordered a regular size spray that cost $8 less than the deluxe spray. They only show the deluxe size spray on their website. There is no way to see the regular size spray. The deluxe spray had about 50 flowers on it. There were 16 flowers on the regular size spray that was delivered to the funeral home. When I called to let them know, they want to give me a 10% discount. Next time I will order from ProFlowers.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Today was my 1st anniversary to my sweet wife. I called this morning to have them be delivered for our dinner at 6 annnd no flowers. I called in and they said they have never heard of my name or my delivery address. So I called my bank and it turns out I had not 1 but 2 75$ charges to my bank. I only ordered one but yet was charged for 2... Freaking messed up man. That night I was trying to enjoy our dinner and forget about this shindig, and got a call from my bank that my debit card info was being used... The number I called was 800838853 (or something like that). Do not call this number to order flowers. Go pick flowers from the park before they screw up your life.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

This is the 2nd day in the row that From You Flowers has not delivered the flowers that I have ordered. These orders were placed with my American Express Platinum concierge service. However, the credit card was charged both times. Do not use this Company.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

This is literally the first bad review I've ever left, but I was disappointed enough to create an account to do so. I ordered a same-day delivery gift basket for my friend on his birthday because we both live in different states. It was literally a small basket with a few packaged cookies and one balloon. At the order page, the total was around $35-40. At checkout, it suddenly jumped to $70 with the added fee for delivery and handling. There was a message that ensured delivery within 4 hours of ordering, so I went ahead and placed it. They sent me an email later that day to let me know that the delivery could not be made.

I called them and was told that delivery would be attempted again the next day and that they would upgrade the gift basket. She specifically stated that delivery would be made before 10am. I called again the morning of after 11am and inquired about the order, was put on hold for 10 minutes, and then told that the gift basket I had purchased was not available for the recipient's area. What?? What the hell did I order, then? Why tell me that they would attempt delivery a second time, if the 'gift basket' did not exist the first time? She insisted on changing the gift basket to a floral arrangement of the same value but I canceled it instead after being lied to. Extremely disappointed. Please be aware and stay away from this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about fromyouflowers.com?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Just tried to place a order for my anniversary for tomorrow delivery. When I went to check out price jumped up with delivery charge of 15.00. But then have a click tab to say sign up and save with free shipping which navigated me to another website for free shipping. Had to start a trial of 14 days to get it. Filled out all the information, Credit card info and was charged 1.57 for it too. Go back to fromyouflowers.com site to finish check out and click purchase and told can't be delivered tomorrow.

Call Customer service and speak to a lady to be told pick another arrangement and now you need same day. She absolutely did nothing to keep me as a customer. She gave me other ideas I could send but looking at the arrangements are ugly. I asked her where is the customer service and she began to tell me pick out an arrangement and SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO. I mean really. First tell me what you can do. Seriously no customer service at all. I wouldn't even trust them to get delivered tomorrow. Like I said horrible customer service... STAY AWAY! I normally don't write reviews but lack of problem solving and don't give a crap attitude is why I am writing this. I will go to another site and give them my money.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I just sent some flowers today, 08/14/2018, to my wife for our anniversary. It's VERY DISAPPOINTING to see what was shown in the picture was NOT what was delivered. It had only two roses & a bunch of ugly white looking flowers. It wasn't colorful at all as I expected & was displayed on their website. Refrain from using them unless you wanted to be disappointed as me. I will never order from them again. I feel they scammed me.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have NEVER sent such a terrible company with such horrible service. No promise - and there were several - followed through on. They are great on taking your money immediately then you must wait 3 to 5 days for a refund on an order they could not deliver on to begin with. The funeral visitation was missed, then when they apologized by insisting they would send complimentary flowers to the service THAT DIDN’T happen EITHER. Beware and stay away!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I ordered a peace lily floor plant for a funeral to be delivered the next day. Credit card was charged. Next day received a phone message that the fromyouflowers.com didn't have any peace lilies. All other websites did. They wanted to pick out their own vase of flowers without me seeing it and send it a day late. Couldn't get a supervisor to talk to me. Said they would call me back and they never did. Very indifferent about it and couldn't care less about the inconvenience to me. Canceling my account with them. Please do not use this on-line florist... you will be disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I ordered a get well basket and get well balloon for same day delivery. After asking and figuring out the basket ordered was not delivered by that evening I called, but was assured it was on its way. Later I called again and was told I'd get a call back shortly, that never happened. The next morning I was told it would be there by noon but by 2 pm it was still not there. I called again and spoke to a supervisor who offered me a discount hence 2 stars instead of 1. The delivery was made about an two hours later.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My mother was on a vacation for her 51st birthday and I wanted to surprise her with her favorite flowers (Sunflowers). I found a great bouquet and was happy with the discount ($10 coupon). I was happy to see that next day delivery was possible and began to place the order. 1st red flag: When it came time to pay I saw there were additional charges that were not advised to me initially and it took my total from $40 to $70 but I went with it because I was in a rush and completed the purchase. 2nd red flag: I could not locate any additional information about where the flowers were coming from and how they would be delivered. I searched all over the website. I wish I would have searched reviews!! I call the resort and have them prepare to receive the beautiful bouquet of Sunflowers and place them in my mothers room.

To my shock and embarrassment there were no beautifully bloomed sunflowers in a vase waiting for my mother in her room. Instead there was a box and when opened there were 9 sad sunflowers (and no vase). My mom had to put the sad flowers in her hotel ice bucket. *See pictures. One is as advertised and one is what was received* SMH. I called the company about this to rectify it and was told the next possible delivery wasn't until 4 days later and that is all they could do. I requested they contact a local florist to get something closer to wait I paid $70 for and have it delivered in time for my mother's birthday but that is not something they do apparently. After 20 minutes, I requested a refund and vowed to never use their company. I contacted a local florist. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I ordered a simple arrangement of flowers since I just found out about my friend's loss. The whole point of this company is 'same day' delivery. I was told that my order would be delivered the next day because I had missed the time window. Well, it wasn't delivered the next day either because I was told that they were out of irises and roses. The customer service agent who called me wasn't articulate and I had trouble understanding her. The substitution flowers were not adequate either. So apparently the order will be delivered on Monday while no one is home. I'm leary that my friend will receive a crap arrangement which in turn will make her feel worse. I should have paid more with another company to have the peace of mind that the delivery would happen as expected and be just as beautiful as advertised.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

My daughter ordered flowers for my birthday. Apparently, the original flowers were delivered to the wrong address. When the company became aware of that, they sent me a $20 bouquet. My daughter paid $80. The company is a rip-off. They are hoping people will think they are part of 1800FLOWERS. They apparently are based in India. Scammers! Beware of this company.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

PLEASE READ!! I wish I had read the reviews before even considering to use this company. According to my order receipt, the flowers were supposed to be delivered by 6PM August 3. August 3, 2018 6PM: No flowers. 6:30PM: No flowers. 7PM: No flowers. I checked the status online and it said "scheduled to deliver." I called the customer service. They put me on hold to contact the flower shop. Came back on the line and said the shop is closed now. "So where are my flowers?" They said to give it a few more minutes--it might be delayed with traffic. Okay we are one hour late but I'll wait.

8PM: No flowers. I called them again. "Where are my flowers?" Again, they called the flower shop. I told the agent not to even bother because they are already closed. Still he called. No answer (Of course!). He came back on the line and told me to wait until the end of the day. Ummmmm...it was already 8PM, sooo until when do I have to wait to reach "the end of the day?" He said he has to make some calls and call me back.

9PM: No flowers. No callback. So I called them and cancelled the whole order and asked for a full refund. This agent processed it right away and apologized. Got an email right away saying that the refund will be made within 3 business days. I was livid after going through this whole emotional rollercoaster ride the whole evening, but okay I kept it under control. Went to bed.

August 4, 2018 10AM: No flowers. Received an email from the company saying that the flowers were delivered as of August 3rd. Ummm...NO! I was so confused I called them AGAIN to ask what's going on because I had cancelled my order as of 9PM last night and now they're saying it was delivered. The agent said they were left on the porch at 4:45PM on August 3rd. I texted my friend (the recipient) just to make sure the flowers were on the porch as of August 4th morning. NOPE! NOTHING. NO FLOWERS.

So here is the breakdown: Pros: Good customer service. No wait time to speak to a customer service agent and everyone I spoke to was very polite and apologetic. Cons: EVERYTHING ELSE! IF...IF I ever received those flowers by some miracle, I would like to burn them and send the CEO of the company the ashes. Even with the full refund (I have to wait until Wednesday to receive it...so here I am crossing my fingers), it's NOT WORTH YOUR TIME, YOUR ENERGY, YOUR EMOTIONAL WELL BEING. Please do yourself a favor and do not use this no flowers company!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I wish I had looked at the reviews before ordering. Overall, very disappointing in terms of timely service and quality of product. Recently experienced some medical issues. Wanted to send my wife a small token of my gratitude and appreciation for all that she's done. Purchased the highest quality arrangement, I.e., good, better, best. Went online and ordered from fromyouflowers.com. It was important that the flowers be delivered before 12 noon so I willingly paid the up charge for expedited delivery as well as the up charge for next day delivery.

Total order: $90 (It will be interesting to see if there is $70 worth of value). 12:00 PM: No flowers. 12:30 PM: No flowers. 12:35 PM: Called 800# Was able to speak to a human In very short order. Explained the situation and he put me on hold for a reasonable 3-5 minutes while he called the local florist. He came back on the line and confirmed that he had spoken with the florist, who apologized for the delay and assured me that the delivery person had left the shop and I should have the flowers shortly.

I asked that I receive a credit for the upcharge and he assured me that he would take care of it. 2:35 PM: Called the 800# again and spoke with a different person (equally as polite). Went through the identical process as the previous call and received pretty much the same explanation. Asked the representative to confirm that the "upcharge" for the early delivery was credited. It turns out that it was not credited and when I asked why, the answer was "He must've forgotten to do it". I asked to stay on the line while she issued the credit and send me an email confirmation, which she did (It was only $5 but now were dealing with principal).

She tried to explain to me that I was assured of delivery before 6 PM and I tried to explain to her that it should've been delivered by 12 noon. Needless to say, this part of the conversation didn't go anywhere. I asked for the name of the local florist and was told that it was company policy that the name of the local florist not be disclosed (understandably). Lastly, to try and make things right, she emailed a $20 credit towards my next purchase (Anyone want/need a $20 credit?). 3:10 PM: tick... tick... tick. 3:15 PM: Flowers finally arrived. Would rate the value as being exceptionally marginal and barely acceptable.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I ordered flowers on Tuesday for my aunt's funeral on Fri at 3pm. They guarantee next day delivery... this was 3 days later so I thought def be there in time... Friday comes and it's 2:30 no flowers. 3pm, 3:30, 4 finally 4:30. I call customer service. The website kept saying delivery scheduled. Needless to say flowers never came. They said the florist accepted the order but never made it. They would be able to deliver tomorrow to the family's house, why the heck would I want that?? I got a full refund and a $20 gift card. Happy about the refund but could give a crap about the gift card because I will never order from them again! They should have still made my flowers and attempted to get them to the service. It wasn't until 6pm and there are literally 3 florists in my town all very close to the funeral parlor. I do not recommend these people and I will not ever be ordering from them again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The whole experience was fine. My sister did receive her flowers the same day. But oh man, I’m a bit embarrassed of the actual bouquet she received. Looks so small and not even the same flowers. I paid for the bigger bouquet and looks like smaller than the smallest advertised. Will never order from them again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I ordered flowers because they were advertised to be same day delivery within 4 hours. The receipt I was sending them to was only at her location for about 5 hours before leaving out of town. I placed the order and immediately following I had a customer service person call the florist to make sure the 4 hour window was valid. I was advised they would be delivered within 4 hours. After about 3 1/2 I called again and asked the status because the recipient would be leaving in about an hour and the whole point of these were for her to enjoy them for a little while before she left. I was told they were en route and should arrive any minute. Finally at about the 5th hour I found the recipient had left and no flowers still. So I simply call customer service back and request a refund.

To my surprise the company had no issue with the payment method I used to pay them for these flowers but now they want to give me a hard time giving me a refund because the card is in my husband’s name. I informed them I am an authorized user on the account but the supervisor Jordan didn't seem to really care. He unfortunately made me feel like this is the only way the company can make money is by arguing over a $60 refund because they have vendors not holding up to their delivery promises. After seeing how many complaints this company gets I am not surprised by their behavior.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I ordered flowers a week ago to be sent to my daughter on her birthday. They showed the flowers “delivered “ on their website, when in fact they did not. I then called and they told me that they tried to contact the recipient before delivery. Another lie. They had my contact info and never called or emailed me about this. They also accepted no responsibility for their mistakes.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I ordered flowers for my aunt's funeral on Wednesday to be delivered Friday before 5 pm. The flowers didn’t arrive until 7:30 pm. The company From You Flowers was very rude when I called customer service. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was hung up on. I called back and was told I couldn’t speak to a supervisor and that the flowers was returned because nobody was at the house. Now that was a lie! The driver never came to the house at all. When he did show up at 7:30 pm he was very rude to my grieving family. I will never use this company again. People please beware of this company. They are really terrible.

Original review: July 27, 2018

My husband sent flowers to me for my anniversary and I was in utter dismay because the balloons were handed to me and immediately dropped to the floor. The card was wet and told to have a good day. Totally disappointed... he better not send me ** else from these cretins!

Original review: July 27, 2018

I spoke with someone on 7/26/18 who said they guarantee the delivery of my funeral floral arrangement to Leaks Funeral Home on Cottage Grove in Chicago before the wake of G. ** 7/27/18. She went on to say they deliver an hour before the wake and verbally assured me that they would arrive between 9am and 9:30am. Since this was the only flowers been sent from my family, I asked several times "Will it arrive before the wake", each time I was told "We guarantee delivery before the wake." I placed the order around 8 or 9pm July 26th for delivery the next day after being reassured that everything would be taken care of. Called the funeral home at 9:30am July 27th was told me nothing had been delivered.

Called customer service to find out if the flowers were on the way only to be told that my order was placed too late for delivery at 9am. I told the rep... No one said anything about it being too late. They kept telling me "We guarantee delivery before the wake." This is the worst flower delivery experience I've had and the saddest. Reps should give honest full disclosure of what can and cannot be delivered and not have grieving family members waiting for flowers to arrive -- that in fact won't. I would not recommend this company to anyone. This experience was very stressful and a total disappointment. Fromyouflowers.com needs to train their sales staff not to misplace the facts... People are vulnerable during funerals and trust vendors/businesses to do the right thing for them. Fromyouflowers.com failed!!!

Original review: July 26, 2018

Ordered flowers to be delivered next day. They ran my credit card and called back at 2:58 P.M. to verify payment info. Called back after 3. They verified info and said delivery couldn't be made till 5 days later unless I wanted to pay 6.99 more for Sat delivery. No one could help and I said, "Well just cancel the order." and the lady already ran my credit card!!! How do you call to verify payment info to make sure it is the correct person before processing a transaction but you already processed the transaction???!!!

I said, "Since it is processed you should be able to deliver the flowers since it was processed an hour before the cut off time which is 3 p.m." and they kept on and on with, "UNFORTUNATELY SIR WE CANNOT SEND THEM OUT TOM. DELIVERY CAN BE MADE ON TUES!!! Asked for a refund and now I gotta wait 1-3 business days to get back a payment that should never been processed!!! If there were no stars they would get them!!! Beware of this company. Stay away!!!

Original review: July 26, 2018

Ordered flowers to send to my girlfriend in California (I live in NC) back in May without any issues. Placed an order last night for flowers (To the same name and location) and received a missed call from the company stating the order was on hold and to contact them. Called and spoke to someone that transferred me to their "finance" department who asked me all of the normal verification questions but was then told that the "bank" would have to fax them card verification (And I explained that there was no bank attached to my card but whatever).

Called Amex and he called them via 3 way conference to try to get the issue resolved. Was transferred again (only waited about 10 minutes this time) to the finance department and the lady there began to rudely overtalk me and the gentleman on the phone stating that she could not speak to me with a third party on the phone (which is complete ridiculousness) and promptly hung up on us. I called back to cancel the order but was told it will automatically cancel within 48 hours so we'll see about that. I rarely leave reviews but this was the definition of ridiculousness and poor customer service.

Original review: July 25, 2018

This is the worst experience I have ever had sending flowers. FROMYOUFLOWERS IS TOTALLY UNRELIABLE AND HAS CAUSED OUR FAMILY EMOTIONAL DISTRESS. I asked them to send flowers to my sister in law for the first wedding anniversary after my brother's death. They just did not deliver them. They also said they would deliver a flowers larger flower display on another date - they also failed to make this delivery. Rating - zero stars.

Original review: July 24, 2018

If I could give this company a zero I would. First they never delivered the flowers I ordered to the funeral home. After countless times of talking with representatives they finally agreed to send to my loved ones home. So embarrassed that my flowers never made it. Then they tried to lie and say they were delivered. And to top that off after all this, I spent $80 and the flowers were so small. Nothing like the photo. I ordered the biggest one. Ugh so frustrated. Don’t ever order from here. Shameful.

Original review: July 24, 2018

FRAUDS!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I bought flowers based on red roses as the focal point. I even paid for a larger bouquet than I initially was going to purchase. Above is the bouquet BEFORE the upgrade and the other is what she received. TOTAL CRAP! I could have pulled flowers out of a trash can and come out better -100. Poor.

Original review: July 24, 2018

This would have been fine if I ordered the generic version but I went for the premium for my anniversary and what we received wasn't even close to the picture. The blue flowers never bloomed. I even paid extra for expedited delivery and what did they give me back? A measly 15% that didn't cover the delivery. I will never order from this site again. Down below a pic of what I got compared to what I ordered so you can make up your own minds.

Original review: July 24, 2018

My dearest friend had to bury her daughter today. Two days ago I ordered a casket spray and a floral arrangement to go beside the casket. The funeral was at 2 pm today. I paid for expedited services to ensure delivery by 12 pm. At 1 pm, I called the online service through which I ordered the arrangements. I was told that the flowers were in the truck and were assured the flowers would be there before the service. At 1:45 pm, I called the service again and were told the local florist was not answering their phone to give an update. I asked that they try calling the florist again, but instead of doing this... the customer service rep hung up on me.

The service started on time at 2 pm without any flowers to honor our loved one except for a small bouquet that I had gotten from Harris Teeter to put beside a basket of candles. -- When the casket spray arrived after the funeral service, the tag on the arrangement had 12 pm handwritten in bold colored letters. The casket spray that arrived was not the same color scheme as ordered. And, during the 1:45 pm call, I was told that the second arrangement would not be arriving. I ordered $800 of flowers on Saturday at 4 pm for a Monday at 12 pm delivery.

A phone call Monday by noon would have helped me execute a backup plan. But, instead, I received an email 2.5 hrs after the service that your company had been unsuccessful locating a florist able to complete delivery in time for the funeral services. There is no excuse for this. Flowers provide a way to convey feelings during such a tragic event. It is not okay that we're not able to show our love and share our condolences.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I will never order from this company again. I placed an order on Friday for same day service and paid the additional fees to have the order delivered. Since it was coming to a place of business the order should have arrived by 5:00pm. Well, the 5 o'clock hour came and went and no order was seen. I called their customer service and was given a discount and a coupon of $10 to have my order rescheduled for Monday. I agreed to this only if my order would be delivered Monday morning as this birthday gift would have passed at this point. Monday morning came and went and again still no deliver.

I contact customer service and was informed that the florist stated the customer service representative would have to call back. I refused to hang up the line until she was able to get a hold of someone to inform me of when my order would be delivered. This is a waste of time, money and energy. If you are wanting to surprise someone or buy anyone a gift that may be time sensitive in nature. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! This company gets 0 stars, but because this website requires a star I had to give them one star.

fromyouflowers.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

From You Flowers has a large network of local partners, working with more than 20,000 florists worldwide to provide the freshest blooms on demand. The company also offers other gifts, like stuffed animals and fruit baskets, to be delivered with or instead of flowers.

• Same-day delivery: Customers can have same-day delivery service by placing their orders before 3 p.m. in the delivery time zone. Orders can be placed 24/7 by phone or online. There is an additional fee for same-day delivery.

• Holiday-inspired arrangements: Find floral decorations that spruce up seasonal decor in its specialty arrangements.

• Guarantee: The company offers a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, so consumers can buy with the confidence that every bloom will be picture perfect. Unsatisfied customers can call From You Flowers for a refund or replacement.

• Discount coupons: From You Flowers offers a variety of discount options and sales depending on the season and availability. Make sure to do an Internet search before placing your order to find the best deal.

• Price: From You Flowers has bouquets and arrangements priced at less than $30. Delivery fees are not included in the price shown online.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Old Saybrook
CT
www.fromyouflowers.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business