1.17/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

999 fromyouflowers.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Ordered flowers from From You Flowers for a dear friend's birthday. They were delivered late and they were the wrong arrangement. They act like they are working for you with the florist to correct problem only to find out they just send an email. Did people forget how to pick up the phone?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I've ordered from this company twice now, and both times the day after I order I get a notification saying they can't deliver on the date requested. The flowers have been for funerals so it's been horrible timing. I put the order in 2 days prior and get the notice the day it's supposed to be delivered that it can't be delivered. Worst company. I will never use them again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I placed a order, 3 hours later I get a call from them saying we are doing background check to make sure you have funds. How dare they do that to me, I used a damn Amex credit card that should say enough. Now I get my order, they screwed up the card for my wife, then the flowers died next day, I have all pics to support it. I beg you don't use them.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

First time I did business with this company, trying to send flowers as a thank you gift, first they didn't send what I ordered. Second, People Magazine (truly a garbage publication) appeared in my mailbox a few weeks later. I would never subscribe to that magazine and resent that they slipped this in after I ordered something. I will never again do business with this company.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I ordered a bouquet of flowers, for same day delivery, for my Daughters Birthday. We would be here for days If I was to go through the dance FromYouFlowers and I went through with calls and Emails--from me. The Only real Email I received from them was WITHIN FIVE MINUTES AFTER I ORDERED, I RECEIVED AN EMAIL STATING THE BOUQUET WAS DELIVERED! WHAT? I called, was put on hold while "Malla" called the Florist to check on order. Of course Florist was unavailable. She would continue to try and contact the Florist and make sure there would be a delivery. Hours passed, no delivery, no contact. I called, spoke with Samantha, who said she would fix it. Hours later spoke with someone with a name like Tia, not certain. She said "Sorry, your delivery fee will be reimbursed", they will call another Florist and have an 'upgraded' bouquet sent the following day (today) with a note of apology.

Well, 4:45 pm and no bouquet, no reimbursement of fee, just nothing. I Emailed them twice. Was upset. Said, "What is going on?" Second Email I said I want my money back. I called, spoke with Shaela, apologized for my last two Emails and asked what was being done. Put on hold a while and Shaela said "you cancelled your order in your last Email." What? She said that since I said I wanted my money back they cancelled my order and refunded me. This conversation took place over 36 hours AFTER I first placed my order. And if I want to reorder she would need my Credit Card Number again. They haven't returned the original nearly $50.00, just Said they would, and now they want more money. NO.

I will be applying to be part of the Class Action Suit against FromYouFlowers. I will contact the Law Offices that Todd ** is with at ** or Email to **. I am tired of those of us that are being taken advantage of by companies like this. Just a Note: ALL of the young ladies I spoke with sounded like the same person. Just different names.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about fromyouflowers.com?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

My mother was in the hospital having surgery, I ordered flowers for delivery. I live on the East Coast she's on the West Coast. I was sent a confirmation the flowers were delivered. When I asked her about the flowers she said she never received any. I spent $70 on nothing. Never got my money back and my mom never got her flowers.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I ordered flowers and a birthday balloon for my friend. I also upgraded to deluxe so that the flowers will be "as pictured". Good thing I checked with my friend to make sure she received them. She never got her balloon and when I asked her to send a picture of the flowers, they clearly were not upgraded to deluxe. I called the 800 number and told them what happened. They said they will not be able to deliver the balloon until the next day and they refused to admit that the flowers were not "deluxe". I asked them the name of the local florist and they refused to give it to me because it was against company policy. I became curious about this company's reputation so I started looking at reviews. Sure enough, fromyouflowers.com received many negative reviews. Buyer beware. This company is a fraud!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I purchased flowers for a friend from FYF. The day before they were to be delivered, I was informed my friend's office was to be closed on the delivery day due to Veterans day. I emailed FYF and requested an address change. at 722 PM. At 9 PM, I received the "Your items have shipped". Fifteen minutes after the shipment notification, I received an email saying the delivery address couldn't be changed as it already shipped. I contacted UPS and begged for them to help. They stated that since FromYouFlowers were the PHYSICAL shippers, I couldn't make any changes to the delivery, they had to do it. I emailed them again and told them what UPS said, they still refused. I tried UPS once more, begging, and still nothing. Waste $70, but the company doesn't care. They got their money, so what's it matter.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

After reading this I see the same complaint as mine. My daughter paid $75.00 for flowers and what I got was about $20.00 dollars worth of flowers of that. It was for my 65th birthday. It came 2 days late. Awful flowers. Called them 5 different times. Always blame the florist that did the order. Offered to send pictures. They said no. They then said they would refund the money and send me a different bouquet, that didn't happen. No one takes any responsibility for the awful arrangements they send out. I have always use ProFlowers and never had a problem. I'm going to post their business practices on Facebook and tell all my friends to share. Hopefully no one else will use them.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

They are the absolute worse. I used them to order flowers for my wife birthday and paid the express delivery and it never happened, we then set another time for 3 hours later and that didn't happened either. I ended up cancelling the order. I will never and I mean never use them and suggest no one use these people... Run I tell you... Run.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Order flowers (70.00) - first didn't arrive on my Mom's birthday (said they were delivered they were not) then they send a completely different arrangement with roses full opened - completely different colors and flowers - then sent 10 refund - PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE CON ARTISTS!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Let me preface this by saying I work in an industry which requires me to travel about 40% of the year, I've been traveling for work for over 15 years, and I do the majority of my shopping online, so I write reviews regularly for airlines, hotels, restaurants, and many online stores. This was, by far, my worst experience with online shopping for a gift in my entire history of online shopping.

My girlfriend just moved 550 miles from her home of 30 years in Indiana to be with me in VA about 2 months ago. This was her first birthday away from all her friends and family, and our first together, so naturally I wanted to ensure that she had an amazing birthday and felt at home. Fromyouflowers.com ensured that did happen. I placed this order over a week in advance and I ordered flowers and chocolates to be delivered to my girlfriend's place of work on Friday, the day of her birthday.

She sent me a picture of the flowers when she received them and thanked me for surprising her. The first thing I noticed in the picture was that the flowers seemed droopy and empty in the vase and there were no chocolates. She confirmed that chocolates were not delivered. So I called FYF to explain around 1 pm that day and was told that new flowers and the chocolates would redeliver same day. I made sure to say that if they did not deliver that day, they would need to go to a different address because she was working on her birthday, but then off for the weekend, wouldn't rerun until Monday, and we live an hour from her work.

At 7 pm, my girlfriend texts me to say she did not receive a redelivery. I call again, this time I was told the florist couldn't deliver (within 6 hours?) on time and they would redeliver the next day, the day AFTER her birthday, but I told them she wasn't working and provided them a home address. That day, while continuing her birthday celebration at a local winery, I receive a call which appeared on my phone as No Caller ID and they left a message stating that they redelivered the flowers and chocolate and left them at the front desk AT HER WORK.

I called again, completely furious at this point and they offered a small discount. Having dealt with all of that for 2 days, including 2 calls the day of her birthday, and knowing she wouldn't actually get the flowers or chocolate until 2 days after her birthday, I insisted a full refund. I was told my account would be credited back the full amount, it hasn't yet, but it's only been one day.

That would normally satisfy me in an experience where I was not completely satisfied with a purchase, but getting my money back doesn't fix her first birthday experience in a new state and the 2 days, and 4 extremely stressful phone calls in the midst of all of it. There are only 2 online stores that have made my list of sites I will never use again because of a terrible experience, Fromyouflowers.com has now been added to that list.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

A FAIR WARNING TO EVERYONE: If I could give From You Flowers NO STARS, I would for failing to deliver my mother's flowers. The least that it could have done was to properly inform me early that the chosen arrangement was unavailable so changes could have been made. No thanks for ruining the tradition. FromYouFlowers must be a fake.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Flower order: 100 Bloom Peruvian lilies - I ordered this flower design and that is far from what arrived. It did not look anything like the picture on their site. It look like maybe 25 flowers and as though they just went in a field cut them all the same height and stuck them in the face. They offered to send them over again but by that time the surprise is already over. What am I supposed to do tell the recipient? Thank goodness I had somebody there to pick up the arrangement and they ran to Target and bought another Arrangement and switched them. I will never order flowers from this company again.

I was on the phone 1 session for 45 minutes and another one for 20 minutes to resolve this order. I will add pictures of the two different flower arrangements and you would be able to see for yourself. In addition when you order flowers from this company they don't add the delivery charge, which they call an administrative charge not a delivery charge. And after you spend all your time you see a $14.95 charge when you finally check out but not in the FIRST subtotal! It's so misleading I don't know how they get away with it! They told me they would take that in consideration when they do updates.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I think they should rename the business to "From the Trash Flowers." I have never been more embarrassed in my life. Absolutely horrendous. The flowers ordered were not what was delivered, ordered carnations and received roses. The picture on the site showed a very full bouquet, but only 8 flowers and tons of green in the bouquet, the vase received was pink. Bought a helium balloon, but they delivered a deflated helium balloon. The strings they attached the balloons to the vase were HIDEOUS, all kinds of color. They misspelled every single word on the note as well. How do you completely mess something up? I wanted to die. They gave me a full refund for my $82.96, I did not want to risk a second embarrassment.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I spent a lot of money on flowers for a close friend that recently lost her husband to cancer. I was extremely disappointed when I saw the flowers. There were hardly any flowers in the arrangement! It looked like a $20 bundle instead of the $100 that I spent. I was almost embarrassed! Will never use this company again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Ordered the Deluxe 59.99 and three balloons and a box of chocolate (abysmal four pieces by the way) and it came out to 95.00. When she got the flowers they were not deluxe and definitely did not look like the picture. I called and complained and the refunded 29.99 because it was only half of the arrangement I was suppose to get. I asked for the florist who delivered it (local florist) they said it was policy that they could not give it out. Wife had the florist on the card so I called them. They recommend never order from 1800 online flowers always order local.

The arrangement that they made was the cheaper one, basically fromyouflowers overcharge you and you are thinking you are getting the deluxe but they send out the order for the next lower flower selection. Had I not asked my wife to send me a picture I would never have know they cheated me. Please don't order from them. Always order local. The local florist said they get complaints all the time because of what they do.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I placed my order at 7am PST for my mom’s birthday. She leaves for work at 3pm her time. I paid the expedited fee and the same day fee. I ordered a bouquet of flowers and balloons. I called them 4 hours later and nothing, all they said it’s out for delivery. Once I placed my order I noticed there was a 14.99 service fee for the balloons ouch. Which they tag on after you put in all your information and you place the order. In that case I would have just gotten a single balloon with the flowers. I ended up paying more for this order than expected. I was thinking 70.00 the most but nope it was 121.00. That’s crazy. Do not use this company. All they said to me at the end was "we will credit 4.99 service fee since there was two orders."

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My mom ordered flowers for same day delivery on my birthday. The flowers were never delivered. They told my mom the delivery was completed, but obviously it wasn’t. Then they told her the florist didn’t have the materials for the arrangement and it would be delivered the next day. Of course they weren’t delivered, but once again they told her the delivery was completed! When they still weren’t delivered by the 6:00 PM deadline, they told her they were on their way. Of course, they never arrived. Not only is the service lousy, but they are liars as well!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Placed an order for same day expedited at 9 am. It's now 4:30 and they can't tell me where the flowers are. It's my second call. On my first call (2:30 pm) they said they'd called the florist and that they were "out on the truck". I don't believe they called anyone. This organization is good at taking your credit card details and little else.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My boyfriend sent me flowers for my Birthday 9/12/17. They died in 2 days and chocolates that were melted. They wouldn't talk to me since I didn't order them. He called. They promised to redeliver, 20% $ put back to his account, and a 50% coupon for next purchase. I'm still waiting and he got a $1 and change returned to his account. Do yourself a favor. Don't order from these thieves.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

The worst. Today I placed two flower orders for delivery today. At the end of the day, when I no longer have other options, this company emailed me apologies, that neither of the TIME SENSITIVE bouquets could be delivered today - but would be delivered tomorrow. TOMORROW is NOT a SPECIAL DAY. TODAY is the SPECIAL DAY. I'm on about the 20th minute with customer support, struggling to get the order cancelled. This happened before with this scam company. STAY AWAY. I'd post less than one star if I could. Scam - a $60 order became $100, with fees at checkout. Scam -- and no delivery, as was promised. Scam.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I ordered flowers for my daughter for her birthday. I even paid a little more to ensure a 4 hour delivery window. They contacted me by email an hour or so later to say they couldn't provide the selected arrangement but asked my permission to substitute which I gave. Anyway. The flowers were not delivered on the day requested 10/21 but assured me they would on 10/23 but what's the point. I will try to get a full refund.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I ordered flowers as a gift and surprise for my wife's birthday. Placing the order and taking your credit card info was a piece of cake. I then receive a call from this place regarding my order, that by the way, per the website and IVR, stated the order was out for delivery. After three attempts to speak to a "specialist" due to constantly being hung up on, or waiting for 20 minutes, I finally speak to a "specialist" who says that she needs to speak to the recipient to verify the order. Why? What part of this is a birthday surprise gift was not clear? This was the first and definitely the last time using this service. I have never dealt with such incompetence in my 45 years. Not worth the headache dealing with this company with so many options out there offering the same items with better quality and definitely superior service.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

FromYouFlowers' low ratings speaks for itself. I ordered flowers to be delivered to my mother-in-law in time for her birthday, which was a Saturday. Come to find out that they did not make because of an "incorrect address" on UPS' end (triple-checked the address, and it was correct). Then, they tried to deliver but she was not there to sign (because it was like, 9 PM). Had a talk with customer service to cancel the order, in which I was told I could get a 15% refund from $90. Uh, what? Flowers made it to her finally on Monday (UPS is not available on Sundays to have cancelled the delivery). The flowers were wilted, sad-looking and pathetic. My mother-in-law urged me to seek a full refund, which I did. Never again will I waste my time or money with this business.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I am extremely disappointed in fromyouflowers.com. I placed my order for a Sympathy arrangement at 1:00 am October 17th for same day delivery. On that evening, I had not received a call from the recipient so I tracked the order on the website. Tracking still showed for delivery on October 17th. I spoke that night with one of the agents, and he was not able to contact the florist because they were closed. He assured me he would leave message with the florist to deliver early October 18. At 1:00 I called customer service again to check on my delivery, another agent tried calling the florist to confirm the delivery, and in the interim I called the recipient. No flowers were delivered yet. The agent told me she could not get an answer from the florist, but that she would continue checking and have then do the delivery by early afternoon.

Well, long story short, the order was never delivered. I called again late afternoon and another agent (She could not get the agent that was helping me before) went through the same steps. Told me she could not get the florist to confirm on my order status. I was very upset at this time. I told them to cancel my order and refund my money. After waiting about 10 minutes, she got back to my call and said they would refund my money, or would I consider upgrading my arrangement for free. PLEASE, refund my money. This company will not have this customer. I await my refund. I suggest that this company look at the list of their vendors, their failure rate, the monies lost with unhappy customers and weed out those that don't meet standards. I eventually went to a local florist.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Ordered flowers with 2 teddy bears because friend was pregnant with twins. One them was going to pass. They delivered 1 bear with flowers. I called to complain. They offered to take the 1 bear and flowers back and deliver flowers with 2 bears. Really? Yes. Take away flowers from someone. They refused to give me a refund. Tried them one more time yesterday and they never delivered the flowers. IT WAS FOR A FUNERAL. They offered to deliver them tomorrow. The funeral isn't tomorrow. So thanks for that. Worst company ever!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

On Oct 16, 2017, I had flowers and a balloon delivered to my daughter’s complex. I learned later in day she was out of state for a few days. Upon learning this I called flower shop and was told it was just left. I could see this at a single family residence but not at a multifamily dwelling unless one of her neighbors agreed to be responsible for until she returned. The shop basically said, "Sorry about your luck, but maybe we could give you a $20 gift certificate to be used in the future." I declined because I WON’T be using their services EVER AGAIN. IF undeliverable and you’ve called the recipient, then take back to shop and let recipient and shop make arrangements for a pickup later when convenient.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! I ordered my boss flowers through this website for boss's day 7 days in advance. Here it is 3 pm EST the day AFTER boss's day and they STILL HAVE NOT BEEN DELIVERED!! I called them yesterday and they said they would do an upgrade and have them delivered today. I have contacted them several times today but they still have not been delivered.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Horrible. I paid for 2 arrangements for my Mom’s birthday. I paid the extra 5 dollars for delivery before noon. I called and after a 15 minute wait was told sorry they are very busy but they will definitely be there by 3, she refunded the 5 dollars after her oh well attitude. Now 3 comes and no delivery, again another 15 minute hold and nope no delivery info. Called again because flowers finally arrived at 4:30. These went to my mom’s work and she was leaving at 5. She got 30 minutes to enjoy her flowers. I got a supervisor on the phone and the final sentence was… “Yes we refunded you back the 5 dollars and I can send you a gift certificate for 20 dollars.” Really? Do you really think I would order again? Considering the shipping and handling fee at checkout is 14.95. Um thanks but no thanks. I told her credit the 5 dollars and NEVER AGAIN!!!

fromyouflowers.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

From You Flowers has a large network of local partners, working with more than 20,000 florists worldwide to provide the freshest blooms on demand. The company also offers other gifts, like stuffed animals and fruit baskets, to be delivered with or instead of flowers.

• Same-day delivery: Customers can have same-day delivery service by placing their orders before 3 p.m. in the delivery time zone. Orders can be placed 24/7 by phone or online. There is an additional fee for same-day delivery.

• Holiday-inspired arrangements: Find floral decorations that spruce up seasonal decor in its specialty arrangements.

• Guarantee: The company offers a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, so consumers can buy with the confidence that every bloom will be picture perfect. Unsatisfied customers can call From You Flowers for a refund or replacement.

• Discount coupons: From You Flowers offers a variety of discount options and sales depending on the season and availability. Make sure to do an Internet search before placing your order to find the best deal.

• Price: From You Flowers has bouquets and arrangements priced at less than $30. Delivery fees are not included in the price shown online.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs