2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

3.8/5 (1398 ratings)

About FTD

FTD is a floral and gifts company that operates in the U.S. and Canada. The company has one of the largest networks of florists — customers can choose from more than 30,000 floral shops across the globe and receive same-day shipping services from in-network florists.

FTD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: May 17, 2021

I have used this flower service several times and I have been very happy with their flower arrangements and their delivery services every time. They are prompt and deliver the flowers on time. The delivery drivers are very nice. Overall, this is a great flower company.

FTD response

Thanks for taking the time to share Stephanie!

Original review: May 12, 2021

It's been awhile since I ordered flowers but when I did FTD was and is an familiar name for me. Especially when I was in the military when you have to order flowers over the phone to get to either a friend or family member. Whether it was for a wedding or funeral or bridal shower. Sending flowers or plants always shows family how you feel and they were thought of. I know I enjoy getting flowers from my children and friends. So having a company that delivers is always a great service in my book.

FTD response

This is so wonderful to hear about Marci!

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2021

The florist went above and beyond for us. The flowers were bright and full! There wasn't any wilted and the bouquet of flowers lasted about 7 days with the flower food they provided. The florist delivered on time and was very professional in their delivery. I cannot say enough good about the florist. You can't go wrong with a FTD florist. They did establish the floral standards industry wide.

FTD response

We're so glad to hear about this John! Thanks for taking the time.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I love their service. They are always going the extra mile with outstanding service. If it’s broken they make it right. Service is always with a smile and pleasure to assist their customers. If a mistake occurs they correct immediately and compensate on the mistake. They assure what they stand for in delivery service and pay attention to detail. I’ve always been able to have outstanding service with them.

FTD response

Thank you for taking the time to let us know Mary!

Original review: March 22, 2021

I came to FTD for flower delivery for my mother's birthday because the last company completely failed with dead flowers. The ordering was easy and they delivered on time when they stated they would. I did sign up for the gold membership due to it being almost free after sending 2 flowers for what I would save in fees that were waived. I would highly recommend this company. I really wish I could submit pictures to show how well they did.

FTD response

Hi Wendy, thanks for the kind words! Happy Birthday to your mom - we're so glad to hear that she's enjoying her beautiful flowers!!

Original review: July 27, 2021

Hello All, I ordered the "You're Precious Bouquet" for my girlfriend's Birthday (July 2021). Expecting to pay an arm and a leg for good flowers with same day delivery the price point wasn't bad! $82 and some change total with delivery. She received the flowers way earlier than expected (time wise) and being curious I asked to see what they looked like as I ordered the "Deluxe" version and was curious...This is where true disappointment set in. Even at the price point of $65, this bouquet didn't appear to be any more than some $10 flowers from Giant in a vase with some extra greenery...

Calmly, I then called the customer service line to see what could be done. I let the representative know the bouquet I ordered my order number; found me no problem. I told her the issue was: the bouquet wasn't up to standards of what they're advertising on their site. I let her know I even ordered the "Deluxe" one so that even if I was getting gypped for expensive flowers it would be full! I feel not wanting to admit the wrong the representative then proceeded to tell me I only ordered the Original (cost of: $50) even then, what was received didn't fit what fifty dollars of flowers looks like.

After speaking for another 20 min I was 'assured' another bouquet would be sent out "today or tomorrow". I asked for a tracking number or some kind of receipt that this call happened and they were unable to provide any of that information. Next time I'll be picking them out myself and not recommending FTD to anyone I know! Be smart folks - don't let the pictures fool you.

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about this! Please send the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: July 27, 2021

After my credit card information was given to FTD, I was billed for an amount higher than what was advertised. Also, for a second subsequent order, the bill did not show the Gold card benefits for which I had paid $30 annual fee. Calling customer service did not help to resolve the problem. As per FTD processing, Gold card annual renewal payment by default is automatic. No clear procedure is provided to cancel the automatic renewal of Gold card membership. Therefore, I sent a letter requesting cancellation of automatic renewal billing of Gold card membership renewal. FTD process is convoluted and confounding. They collect credit card data first, and then provide all the billing data, with many higher than advertised amounts.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I ordered flowers for my sister a week ago. They arrived damaged and wilted. I called to express my concern and was told that a replacement bouquet would be supplied. Two days go by and nothing. FTD finally contacted me and told me that the first bouquet would have to be picked up THEN a replacement bouquet would be supplied...nothing. Today I finally called and demanded a full refund which the girl I spoke with told me would be credited back to my card. Will be shocked if I get the refund.

FTD response

We'd like to look into this Kimberly. Please email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I paid $99 dollars for my mother’s birthday flower arrangement. I received a false delivery confirmation from FTD. So I contacted customer service. They assured me that flower arrangement is on its way and my mother going to get it any minute. Unfortunately it’s 8:48pm and no flowers. Customer service offered to deliver flowers the next day. Which is kind of pointless because my mom’s birthday is today. I would NEVER order flowers from them again.

FTD response

We'd like to look into this Anastasia. Please send the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 7, 2021

I ordered a flower arrangement on Friday to be delivered to a friend the following day. I placed my order and received a confirmation email. The following day I received another email stating that the flowers were scheduled for delivery that day...except they NEVER arrived. I called the 800 number (a call center staffed by employees I had a difficult time understanding) to determine what happened. I was told they would still be delivered that day, except it was now 9:30 pm and I was fairly certain no one would be making a delivery after that hour. I called again, this time I was told to wait, they would arrive the next day...except they didn't. A third call to the 800 number produced no explanation for what had happened to the flowers so I requested a refund and then located a local flower shop that actually did deliver what I ordered. Never again will I use FTD (Fail To Deliver).

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Lizabeth! Could you email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

FTD author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

FTD Company Information