FTD

Compare Flower Delivery

Research top Flower Delivery recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The worst purchase I have ever made online hands down. I ordered a lavender floral arrangement that includes a purple vase, chose the BEST option so it would arrive with a nicely filled mixture of flowers as depicted on the website. But what my wife got delivered was FAR from what I ordered online! It honestly looks like a bouquet of flowers you can buy at your local grocery store for $9.99 and it came in a CLEAR VASE not the purple vase it was marketed as an included piece with the order. How does FTD.com allow these florists to conduct business on their behalf and carry the FTD.com name? I think the bulk of the problem nowadays with this business is the lack of pressure they put on these third party florists whom have the responsibility to accept, review, create and deliver orders without having to be subject to an evaluation or quality control from FTD.com as to ensure customers are receiving what they paid for.

It was our 10th anniversary and instead of getting a loaded beautiful lavender mixed floral arrangement w/ purple vase, she literally received the worst flowers a husband could get his wife for a special occasion. I thi4nk it would have been less troublesome or painful if she never got any flowers from me! This is absolutely unacceptable! I contacted customer service immediately and demanded a full refund because what my wife received was not what I purchased. I am entitled to a full refund! But their slogan "don't love it? we will make it right" is deceiving and to me it feels like false advertising! How do you make it right after you learn one of your florists delivered something that did not match the item description?

So what a supervisor did next seriously made me more angry... I was offered $25 certificate for a future purchase!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Do you expect me to make another purchase from FTD.com??? Never in my life will I order from you again, so why are you offering me something I will never use? This is not making it right. If you want to make it right, offer me to have an even better floral arrangement delivered ASAP (a day after the anniversary), apologize to my wife for your mistake and try to make it sincere. This to me is making it right and not a ** $25 certificate for a future purchase. I am trying to get the CEO (Mr. Walden) to learn about this and all the other thousands of misfortunate incidents that derived from such poor quality control management and customer service. If anyone knows any contact info other than his twitter account, please DM me and hopefully this will get to the top.

I ordered a fruit/nut, miss basket for my inlaws. I was on the phone with them when it was delivered. She sent me a picture of what it looked like. AWFUL. I was so embarrassed!! Then I call to complain and Danielle Customer Service Rep was totally unprofessional and rude. I am expecting a refund.

Please explain why I ordered this and received the picture on the side. It looks like somebody picked wildflowers from a meadow. Very disappointed. Received a confirmation saying it was delivered however never even was delivered until nearly two hours after I received the confirmation email. The flowers look nothing at all like the picture and there is no decoration around the vase.

My boyfriend sent me flowers from FTD 2 days before my birthday from another state, since he couldn't be here for my special day. He picked the 50 roses and they got here on time as soon as I got to work, and they are bright and beautiful! I am very pleased with this delivery and will be using yall for myself in future! :)

They had me. I loved their flower arrangement, had it all picked out, had written the message, filled out all the billing info, everything was done. Then I reviewed the final charge. The delivery date was 3 days away, sent to an ordinary address in San Diego, obviously a big city. They wanted an additional $17.99!!! Goodbye! Hello Teleflora, no additional charges. I am so thankful they had that charge, as after coming to this site and looking at their 1-star reviews, I feel like I dodged a bullet!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

I ordered a flower with a bear to surprise my daughter on her birthday, July 6. I specifically wanted it to be delivered exactly on her birthday to make it more special. I received an email stating that the item will not be delivered until July 7. It was very disappointing and disheartening to say the least. I was out of town and sending her a surprise would have been very special if she could have received it on her special day. I called and just agreed for it to be delivered the next day. I kept asking her if there was a delivery, Sunday came, still no delivery. It was very upsetting!!! I did not even get a correspondence to let me know that it was not delivered as promised on July 7, a day late for original request.

I called and I was told that delivery will can be on Tuesday July 11, 5 days later! This is so unacceptable! It was not about the money that I paid, but the thought of the joy my daughter could have had if she received the flower and bear on her actual birthday. Your poor service have ruined all that. They refunded my money but it was more than about the money. I will never order from that company again and I will make sure I spread the word that FTD has very poor service.

We ordered flowers for my Mom's birthday. FTD accepted our order for next day delivery. The flowers were not delivered. When my wife called to find out what happened she was told that FTD did not have a florist in the area. When my wife asked why FTD accepted the order and did not notify us that they could not deliver the customer service person got nasty. Totally unacceptable and we will not use FTD again.

I ordered flowers on 7/10/17 to be delivered in Alphaetta Ga. and they have yet been delivered. I called the customer service number and it 's only an answering service who takes all the same information when I placed the order and they say they will refer it and someone will call or email you back with the delivery status. The status as on the writing of this complaint is STILL NOT DELIVERED. But yes they charged my credit card $97.00 for nothing. I emailed several times and spoke to CS 3 times to no avail.

My experience with FTD was remarkably pleasant. Admittedly, I was concerned given the number of poor reviews, but I decided to give them a chance anyway. My order consisted of 8 bouquets that were set to arrive four days after I had purchased them. My one negative remark would be that only 7 arrived on time, so I could not use the last one for my intended purpose. The others arrived within the time frame I had set for them, and they looked fantastic! There was little to no wilting, they all smelled like they had been hand-picked that morning, and they matched up pretty well with the pictures online. I cannot vouch how the flowers are during other points of the year, but in the Summer, they are excellent. Couple that with the fact that free vases are thrown in with almost every order, and you have yourself a romantic treat for anyone to enjoy.

I recently purchased a Groupon for a discount on flowers ordered on FTD.com because a friend had unexpected surgery and I wanted to do something nice... Since I paid with Paypal and I was in a hurry I paid full price for her order rather than use the Groupon because it was still being "processed" and I was in a hurry. The order was delivered on time and as far as I know the flowers were nice (I never saw them but my friend sent a very lovely thank you note). I attempted to use the Groupon a few weeks later to send flowers to a friend for her birthday. After I placed the order I called customer service department to confirm they could deliver the order by noon as the flowers were going to a business and the person would only be there until 2pm. They could not guarantee delivery so I canceled the order.

I then called back and spoke to the order department to see if they could guarantee delivery for an additional expediting fee. The Rep I spoke to said they would be able guarantee deliver by noon. I advised I did not want to place the order if they could not, again he said they could so I place a full priced order (no Groupon as the refund had not yet been processed from the earlier order cancellation). I called twice on the scheduled date to confirm delivery... I was put on hold and told they called the florist but could not confirm delivery and they would notify me once delivered, but they could not confirm if I would be notified that day or the next. Nor were they willing to give me contact information for the local florist so that I could try to reach them direct for information.

They did not make the delivery by the time the person got off work nearly two hours after the scheduled delivery time. I was able to cancel the order, but was very sad that the flowers were not delivered as I know it would have made her feel very special on her birthday. Had they just been honest about not being able to deliver the flowers I could have just called a local florist direct and made arrangements for a guaranteed delivery.

Worst service ever!!! I called to place an order today and... I am appalled at the customer service I received... at first a customer service rep quoted a price. As I was ready to place my order we got disconnected... I called back ready to place my explained the situation of getting disconnected... the customer service rep (a male this time) said, "No problem with getting your order in." I gave him the address and name of the recipient and he stated my total was going to be 23 dollars more than what I was quoted prior to speaking with him. I stated, "I was quoted a different price." He stated, "It doesn't matter" because he's a different rep. I asked to speak to a supervisor. He stated, "There are no supervisors or managers." I asked to be transferred to a different rep and he said, "I don't care ** you!!!" I repeated his statement hoping I heard that wrong as I was in shock and said, "Did you just curse at me by saying this?" He said, "YES!!!"

I hope that as your automated system states your calls DO get recorded because I am appalled and shocked that you would keep such ignorant idiots who get paid by the hour as your employees who ruin your company name!!! I will be sharing this on all social media. Instagram, Twitter, Yelp, you name it!!! I have never been soooo belittled by any company that I wanted to make a purchase and support eveeeer!!!

I ordered these flowers on Wednesday June 27th at 145 pm Pacific time. 20 minutes later I get a call saying the flowers can't be delivered same day since I ordered them after 2 pm. So they would be delivered Thursday. Then they were never delivered Thursday. So I call Thursday afternoon and the FTD florist you contracted with locally never looked at their emails so never got the order and never delivered the flowers so then they were going to be delivered on Friday. Friday around 12 pm I call to change the address of the delivery since my friend is no longer at the hospital and they have gone home and FTD customer service rep says no problem and the flowers will be upgraded and delivered Friday. Well no delivery Friday.

Today is Saturday and I called again this morning at 8 am to see what the status of the delivery is and I spent over 1 hour AGAIN on the phone to be told the flowers would be delivered today. I asked for a refund a credit or anything as this 4 days later and flowers have yet to be delivered. I was offered a 20% refund OR my entire order cancelled today. I needed those flowers delivered and after six phone calls in four days that I proactively made to FTD and you guys dropped ball after ball after ball and I get a choice of order cancel or 20% refund? I will NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER USE OR RECOMMEND FTD EVER AGAIN. You have permanently lost my business. You clearly don't care.

Sent flowers to for my sister and brother-in-law's 45 anniversary and they never received them! Received an email stating that the flowers had been delivered but they were not so I emailed FTD to inquire. Then I called the 800 number and was assured that this situation would be rectified, it was not. I then filed a complaint with FTD and received an email saying they would investigate and get back to me. They have not! This is such poor business!

Almost a week ago I purchased (or at least thought I purchased) flowers for a funeral that took place last Friday. After spending 20-30 minutes on the phone and providing all of the funeral home info, deceased person's name, what the personal card was to read, along with my own personal billing information, I found out Friday that my flowers were never sent by FTD!

Profoundly disappointed I called FTD that night. None of the information I gave them INCLUDING my credit card was on file. Whoever I had given my order to hadn't processed it. And because they have call centers worldwide there's no way of knowing who the responsible person at FTD was. My confirmation number should have come in an email, but I didn't get that either. Without a confirmation number they can't track the order. They tried using my name, phone number, funeral home information, the deceased person's name and nothing showed up. The guy took all that information and never placed the order. Who does that Jeez.

Even in a time of grief, I suppose none of us should let our guard down. So, worried about the credit card I had used, tonight I called and cancelled the credit card because I was worried about the whole transaction, or lack thereof. I used the 1-800-736-3383 number that is on the FTD website. What a HUGE disappointment. I hope no one else has trouble like this with FTD. You think you're getting a well-known company, but maybe not. There are no do-overs for this.

I ordered flowers from FTD.com for my mother's birthday this year to be delivered on 15 June (date of my mother's birthday). The flowers were not delivered as scheduled. I received a vaguely worded notification from FTD on 18 June. There was no explanation as to why the delivery was not made and I was asked to reschedule the order. I have no intention of using FTD in the future and I encourage others to use more other companies.

I reside in NJ, USA. My mother lives in Ireland and I wanted to send her a beautiful bouquet of flowers as she is very sick at the moment. The bouquet that was delivered looked nothing like the picture I was hoping for. The picture on the website looks so beautiful and deluxe!! The bouquet my mother received is only worth $25 at the most. FTD charged $52.99 for the flowers. Plus an additional service fee of $27.99. My Visa card was charged a total of $80.98. I could have gone to my local ALDI grocery store for a more lavish and deluxe version (they have the most beautiful flower arrangements for $20) of the white flowers my poor sick mother had delivered to her today in Ireland.

SHAME ON YOU FTD!!! I will never order anything from you ever again if you don't make this right!! Oh! What's with your motto "Love it or we'll make it right!!!" Huh??? What a joke! Do the right thing and make your upset customers feel better by doing the right thing. Hoping for a positive and swift outcome from you. You can make this right!! Practice what you preach!! "Love it or we'll make it right" I think ye got it wrong. Should be more like "Don't love it!! Well we will make it right".

Ordered flowers 2 weeks prior to my wife and I 9th anniversary. Selected what I thought was a nice arrangement to be delivered to her work on our 9th. If you are delivering to a business location that absolute last delivery time should be 2 pm. So they can enjoy them for a couple hours before having to leave for the day. 2 pm rolls around on the day of. I hadn't heard anything from my wife which she would call or text me immediately. So I called FTD and spoke to "Ann" from India. They said they would check with the "vendor" and get back with me. After sitting on hold for about 7 minutes, they came back to tell me that they are out for delivery and that there is nothing they can do to find out when they will be delivered. I called back 2 more times similarly as before until 3:30 pm stressing that my wife leaves work at 4 pm. They ensured me they would get there on time. Around 4:15 my wife calls me on her way home as she always does.

NO FLOWERS ever got to her. I called back immediately to cancel/demand a refund. Not even that is enough after having my wife go through our anniversary like I forgot. They said, "Okay we will refund your money in 3-5 days", yet they never apologized or anything. Totally did not care, they did say I would receive an email stating the cancellation and refund immediately. I never received an email. I did receive an email about an hour later stating of delivery confirmation. My wife went in the next day thinking they would be there. But NO flowers. She checked with reception as well asking if a delivery came the day before and they said no deliveries came after 1 pm that day. What a "crock of **" FTD. Thanks for ruining our anniversary and making me look like a terrible husband and for my wife to feel hurt that she was forgotten. And yet I still have not seen a refund. Will never order from FTD again.

I live two states away from my parents. I ordered flowers for their 50th Anniversary to be sent yesterday. They were not delivered. I called last night and customer service said they would start calling first thing this morning. I call back this morning and no one had tried to even call. After staying on the line for 4 different representatives while they call the florist, all they got was a voicemail for whatever florist they were using. I should have checked the reviews for this company before using them.

My advice... NEVER order from FTD.com. They will give you the "run around" and you will waste your time and energy trying to get them to rectify the problem. I am extra upset since it is not everyday someone has a 50th Anniversary! I was also told they could not tell me which florist they were dealing with. Wouldn't the recipient know who the florist was when they received the flowers? So why keep that private? I have never dealt with any company this incompetent!

I will never use FTD Flowers again. Unprofessional and no courtesy at all. I had ordered flowers for my mom for her bday and Mother’s day (fall on same day). I had gotten an email that they were undeliverable. I called to have them go to a different address. Unable to do. I had asked to have them delivered for the Monday the day after. Nothing was said that they got delivered or if there was an issue. Called to see if they got delivered, NOPE notta nothing. Poor customer service and to wait 3 after to have them delivered, no thank you. Will never use this company again.

I sent an expensive bouquet for Mother's Day to my mother-in-law and my sister. They both told me that the flowers were wilted and brown and the lilies never opened up. My mother-in-law called FTD and complained. They sent her another bouquet, but it was just as bad. NEVER USING FTD AGAIN!!

I ordered a huge bouquet for my Lady Wife on the occasion of our 18th wedding anniversary. It was to be delivered to her place of employment on Monday. Saturday she throws a spanner in the works and says she is taking a few days off. I called FTD and of course get some foreign call center who barely comprehend English. I explain to the operator the situation and she says that the florist has been contacted with the updated address. Relieved, I took it for granted that all had been resolved. Monday they delivered it to her job. We were not notified. We waited at home most of the day until one of my wife's co-workers saw the flowers at the front desk. I am pissed beyond words right now that I wasted over a hundred bucks on a company that is as reliable as an earthquake.

I had ordered flowers via FTD.ca for my older sister's 40th birthday because I could not be there to physically celebrate with her. I wanted to do something special for her, and sent her flowers using ftd.ca. I chose a bouquet that I liked, placed the order, and paid $107 USD dollars. When my sister received the flowers, they looked pathetic and nothing at all like the picture. There were a lack of roses which the picture had a lot of, the lilies did not smell, and it was not the "better" option that I had chosen. Half the flowers had broken stems and broken flowers, and brown leaves by the next day, and did not last more than 1 day. What a disappointment.

I definitely will never ever order from ftd.ca again. In addition, when I called ftd.ca, they said they would call the vendor, and re-send the flowers at no charge. I did not want another ugly bouquet sent again and wanted a refund which they did not give, so I wasted hard earned money for nothing. In addition, the flower vendor wanted emailed pictures of proof that they were pathetic looking as the claim was that they delivered the flowers as a full bunch - totally not true. The pictures were emailed to the company, but no follow up or phone call, and not even an acknowledgement that the email was received nor any refund of any kind.

I waited until the last minute to order a Mother's Day gift for my grandmother. That said, it was early the Friday before. Apparently it was too late to order flowers and the choices for what I could get delivered was limited and expensive. Nonetheless I procrastinated so I was willing to pay for it; $79.00 for some chocolate covered strawberries. The order went through and I was content that I had something for my 101 year old grandmother to enjoy for Mother's Day. Well, the next day I checked my email and I received an email from FTD saying they could not "despite their best efforts fill my order and a full refund would be submitted". This was so untimely that I could not order anything in time to arrive on time and the fact that FTD took the order with no issues. Under the circumstances an apology and a refund are not acceptable. I will not give FTD the opportunity to disappoint me again.

TERRIBLE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I spent close to $70! On a bouquet of Tulips for Mother's Day. They arrived unbloomed (Which I was told) with instructions. After LESS THAN A WEEK they dropped and shortly after died without ever blooming. So thank you for nothing FTD Flowers. I am INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED and will make that known.

My daughter splurged and sent me a dozen (I got only 11) rainbow roses for Mother's Day 2017. They were left in my front door, in the sun and by the time I opened the box, they looked crushed and about a week old. I contacted the Florist on the card (Englewood Florist) who said it was a drop shipment not from them. I called FTD and they said the the order number was not from them! Did I mention the 3 paneled high gloss FTD brochure that came with the flowers? I called the local shop back, and she confirmed my order number (the one that FTD did not recognize).

Whatever you Do, do not use FTD flowers!! On mother's day I PAID extra and they did not even deliver the flowers I PAID a lot of money for. And then they never even called. I called them and they argued with me... I can go on for a half hour about my experience... Just don't use them...

Leading up to Mother's Day, there was an offer of 15 tulips for $29.99. While going through the checkout process, the price increased to $36.99. At final checkout, with delivery + other charges $57.99. 9 people in my office ordered the offer because the photo was truly beautiful. 4 out of 9 bouquets were extremely disappointing. 2 were just okay. One bouquet was sent back because of its rough condition. For $57.99 I can get a reliably impressive arrangement from a local flower shop and I suggest that you do the same.

Over 10 calls, Mother's Day's flower horrible, not as posted. FTD still hasn't delivered a replacement. Mother's Day was Sunday... not delivered as promised... still waiting... and if you want to reach Customer Services it should like overseas... cannot understand. I would avoid FTD if you can just do something locally. I will never use FTD again.

I had awful experience with FTD. They are absolute scam and their customer service is ridiculous. I purchased flowers and they offered add-ons with the purchase and I paid additional $20 for a box of chocolate (no specific brand, just said chocolate) to be delivered for the mother's day. They delivered the flowers (not the freshest flowers) without the chocolate. I don't know how many people actually ask the recipient about how many gifts exactly they received but I happened to ask my mom and realized they had only delivered the flowers! So I called customer service and was very disappointed and the person on the phone, after holding me on the call to contact their florist, promised the chocolate to be delivered next day (which was May 14 and the actual mother's day). I spoke with my mom on Monday May 15th (day after Mother's Day) and realized there was no chocolate and no communications from FTD!

So I called again and the person in customer service kept apologizing. I asked for their supervisor or the actual florist's contact information and the customer service person kept apologizing and not letting me speak with a supervisor nor provided the florist contact info. She kept promising that the chocolate will be delivered tomorrow but when I asked her to send confirmation email indicating the chocolate will be delivered tomorrow, she said she had to hear back from their florist before sending the email confirmation! So I don't know what kind of promise that was?

I decided to stay on the call for as long as it took and finally after close to 2 hours I got connected to a supervisor who offered me a $31 credit back to my card. But honestly, how many people will realize that their add-ons were not delivered? How many people get to ask the recipient if they have received all the items? How many people have the time to call customer service and stay on the call for long time? This is absolute scam and theft to get people pay for something and not deliver it. I like to know how many people have had this experience? Why is this company still in business?

I am not one to write reviews, but am so motivated by my sheer anger & frustration with this company that I am. Long story short, I order flowers for Mother's Day to be delivered on 5/13/17. The delivery driver left them by her mailbox (She lives off a main road, so essentially they were left on the side of the road), and they were stolen. When I called to inform and report the driver, I was told that I would be refunded & the flowers would be re-delivered to my mother's door on 5/16, and they would call my mom and give her an apology. They never arrived, she never got a call.

I called to get an ETA, and was told that they weren't re-delivered because I was refunded... What?? That is not what was promised. I asked for the call to be escalated, spoke to a supervisor who only said "I'm confirming with you that we will not be delivering", and then said she would transfer me to a manager. Was on hold for 31 minutes before finally hanging up and began to write this review. ALSO! Their call center is definitely outsourced overseas as it is very hard to understand anything that is being said. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!! UNTRUSTWORTHY!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.
  • International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.
  • Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.
  • Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.
  • Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.
  • Best for significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Compare Flower Delivery