2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.56/5

FTD is a floral and gifts company that operates in the U.S. and Canada. The company has one of the largest networks of florists — customers can choose from more than 30,000 floral shops across the globe and receive same-day shipping services from in-network florists.

FTD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: May 10, 2021

The flowers I ordered did not seem worth the price that I paid. I’ve put together more beautiful arrangements myself for less at a grocery store but I was having these delivered to my mom in another city. They did not look bad but seemed small for the price. Also, the vase was ugly. The photo was a modern looking cylinder shaped vase with gold accent. What was sent wasn’t even a similar shape. I hate that I spent my Money on this. I usually look at reviews before ordering things online but I didn’t this time so I’m taking this as a loss for not doing any research.

FTD response

Hi Mika - Quality is our priority, and we're really sorry your order wasn't up to par. Please send an email to communitymanager@ftd.com with your order details, and we'll make it right.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my mother and sister for Mother’s Day, May 9th 2021. I ordered the flowers 3 weeks in advance and was set to have them delivered the day before MD and paid over $100 for the flowers. I received an email from FTD that the flowered I ordered delivered. Ok. This is the day before mother’s which was 5/8/2021 and I’m just patiently waiting for my mom and sister to call or send pics because it was supposed to be a surprise. So several hrs go by and now it’s almost 11pm and I’m like something doesn’t seem right. So I call my family to ask did the flowers deliver, they said no but just to be sure they took a look around the outside of the house just in case they hid them from porch pirates.

Well I called customer service and asked what was the situation and they suggested that I wait another day to see if the delivery takes place and I’m actually offended at this point because how can you not only take my money but then lie and say you delivered the product and they have absolutely no way of confirming if their flowers are even delivered to the customer. Thank to my mother who has a camera system so we we able to verify that the delivery did not take place. Pathetic company...shouldn’t even be in business if you're going to ** people especially for special occasions when there are plenty of other local florist or markets I could have easily chosen from but instead went with FTD and they just ruined it for us. I give them zero stars!

FTD response

We'd appreciate the opportunity to look into this Tara. Could you email the order number to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I️ wanted to have flowers sent for Mother’s Day. I️ ordered the day before and was given a window of 5/8-9 from 9am-8pm. No flowers. At 8:35 pm on 5/9, I️ called customer service. They told me to ask my elderly mother to stay up later and wait. Later, they sent an email saying that the flowers were delivered at 9:13 pm. Still no flowers. I️ understand that is a holiday, but why accept payments and make promises that you do not have the manpower to fulfill? I️ thought FTD was a reputable company, but this experience has been terrible. My mother is 700 miles away and loves flowers, but now she’s disappointed that she didn’t receive them. And I’m left with very little support from customer service. Unacceptable!

FTD response

We'll definitely have a member of our team reach out to you to get to the bottom of this Benyka.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I paid them for a floral arrangement 3 weeks before Mothers Day. They failed to create my order and didn't think to notify me so I could make other arrangements. What's worse is that they were recommended by USAA. That leads me to believe I wasn't the only veteran who was disappointed today. You're better off using 1800Flowers.

FTD response

We're committed to resolving this with you Ryan. Please email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: May 9, 2021

I ordered flowers for Mother’s Day and my mom never received them even after multiple calls with customer service to check in. The site had automatically marked the flowers as delivered but that was a lie which was confirmed when I called the customer service representative. They also kept promising the flowers would be delivered the next day which they never were. They would put me on hold to call the florist and then promise another delivery time which was never met. After three frustrating days, my mom will not be getting the expensive ($100+) flowers I ordered for her. What a disappointment! Don’t waste your time or money here!

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about this Sam. Could you email your contact information and the order number to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: May 9, 2021

I ordered a $70 dollar Mother’s Day bouquet. What was delivered was 2 roses, a lily and daisies shoved in a vase. No arranging. No greens. Not worth the $$ at all and will never use FTD.com again. Spend your money elsewhere.

FTD response

We certainly don't want you to be disappointed Theresa. Please send an email with the order number to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: May 9, 2021

Ordered flowers to be delivered in Montreal, for Mother's Day, well ahead of time.... They call me the night before at 7:00 pm to tell me they are cancelling my order, because there is no flower shop in Montreal that can fulfill a simple bouquet order! Are you kidding me? I guess as business people, they've made such a mess, no flower shops in a city of over 2 million people will deal with them.

FTD response

We sincerely apologize Barry. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com so that we can take a look?

Original review: May 9, 2021

Ordered flowers the 7th cause 8th and 9th were booked. Paid for same day delivery. 2 hours later got a email with the reschedule dates of 8th or 9th. With no one on the job site it's reschedule for the 12th...

FTD response

We'd like to look into this Hunter. Please email the order number to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: May 9, 2021

On May 3rd, I ordered flowers to be delivered on May 8th, the day before Mother's Day. Today, May 8th, they told me that they would not be able to deliver the flowers until May 12th, the Wednesday after Mother's Day. They have betrayed my trust and have completely lost my business. I'm only going to buy flowers local from now on, or maybe on 1-800 Flowers. All they offered was a refund of the rush fee. A total insult to me, to say nothing of my wife. FTD cannot be trusted.

FTD response

Let's see how we can fix that Nathan. Drop us an email at communitymanager@ftd.com and let us know your order number. We'll have someone reach out ASAP.

Original review: May 8, 2021

Do not trust, ordered early and set up for early delivery and they couldn’t even handle that! Got a sorry email from a clown named Alex. Good job Alex! Stay away from these clowns! Not reliable at all!

FTD response

Let's look into that for you Bobby. Could you send an email to communitymanager@ftd.com with your order number so we can reach out about this?

FTD author review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team