2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.39/5

FTD is a floral and gifts company that operates in the U.S. and Canada. The company has one of the largest networks of florists — customers can choose from more than 30,000 floral shops across the globe and receive same-day shipping services from in-network florists.

FTD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

FTD aka "FAILED TO DELIVER". If I could give 0 stars I would. This company is a complete failure. I ordered flowers days ahead of time for my mother's birthday and never received them today, the day of her birthday. When I looked into it, they said "an attempt was made by the florist but was unsuccessful". Where was the attempt?? Everyone has been home all day and multiple deliveries have come but not mine. How embarrassing. They did state they would send the next day with a free upgrade but I declined and wanted a full refund after I have lost all trust in the company and the florist, whoever they are. They will not release florist information so you will not be able to contact the florist directly to find out where your order is. BEWARE!

FTD response

We're truly sorry to hear about this Irene. Please email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com so that we can look into this.

Resolution response: Feb. 17, 2021

Patrick is the truth! Thank you for turning my FTD experience completely around! I'm really happy he was genuinely concerned about my unfortunate experience..

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Placed a same day order @ 10am, they waited till 345pm to tell me the address is an empty lot* which was not true! I goggled the address myself & it came up on zillow, redfin & google maps! Only for them to offer the next day delivery. Very disappointed was an understatement, seeing that the funeral was today! Never again!! Don't waste your time.

FTD response

We'd like to look into this. Please email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com. Thank you.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

So, it's Valentine's Day, 2021. I ordered roses on 1/31/21. They arrived to my fiance on 2/15/. Then, when she opened them the petals were wilted and the leaves were semi-brown. I had used FTD in the past with no problem. Then, when I called customer service a woman with a serious attitude took my call. I'll NEVER use FTD again!

FTD response

We definitely don't want you to be disappointed Len. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I ordered with FTD for same day delivery after another company failed to deliver Valentine’s flowers at all for my girlfriend’s mother. The arrangement options were super limited for same day delivery which I understand. I order from florist companies because I want to do business with locally owned florists as the FTD website states. Extremely disappointed that they were from Safeway. If I’m buying Safeway flowers I paid double what I needed to.

FTD response

If there's something we can help with Quentin please email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I ordered flowers for my two granddaughters from FTD on February 5th for Valentine's And scheduled delivery for Friday, Feb. 12th. I was notified on the 12th that the flowers would not be delivered until Monday the 15th due to weather. Well there is nothing but rain from Atlanta to Charlotte where the flowers went. However, the flowers arrived today, after Valentine's and were nearly DEAD. The girls opened their boxes and the flowers are wilted and have black spots everywhere. I will never recommend this service nor use this service in the future. It was such a disappointment and horrible experience. While I have been told I will get a refund I wish I had great looking flowers for my beautiful granddaughters instead.

FTD response

If there's anything else we can do Gene please email us here at communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

I ordered $133 worth of roses for my wife this morning based on FTD's expressed 'guarantee' that they would be delivered by 9pm in Valentine's Day. The roses never came and when I called customer service, after 45 minutes of haggling, was told the best that could be done is an upgraded delivery tomorrow, or a refund and a small coupon to spend in the future. The Big Show was today FTD and you missed it. Free roses on the day after The Big Show might have helped rebuild my trust in your guarantee, but you couldn't even do that so I will stay in the dog house and buy my wife something nice locally...and never use you service again.

FTD response

We're truly sorry to hear about this Lee. Please email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com so that we can look into this.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I ordered an arrangement and chocolate covered strawberries to be delivered to my girlfriend's work on 13-Feb-2021. The deliver didn't come. When I tracked it I found out that one shipment hadn't even left the place it was created. The other shipment was in Kentucky 5 states away. I was never notified that the deliver wasn't going to make it. Worse yet it doesn't look like it's going to be there on Valentine's day which I paid a crazy amount of money for. Not only did they charge me an exorbitant amount of money for a deliver the day before Valentine's day. They charged me extra for a weekend delivery.

When I contacted customer service the person I spoke to barely spoke English and kept calling me Michelle, my name is Jason. Michelle's the person the flowers were going to. I had to tell him 3x that I'm the person who placed the order and my name is Jason but he couldn't grasp that. He kept insisting that my order was going to be there that day. I told him that I tracked the order and one hadn't shipped. The other was 5 states away and there was no way it was going to make it. He argued with me and told me to call back. I told him it was after 6pm and the business was closed now.

He offered me a $25.00 coupon on my next order. I told him that is not going to work. Since they couldn't get my order there on one of their biggest days I definitely won't trust them to deliver on time again. He told me there is nothing further he can do and I ended the call with no resolution. Someone needs to make this right. Don't use this service if you want your arrangement on time.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this J. S. Could you email your contact information and the order number to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

My daughter decided she wanted to order flowers for her boyfriend's mother who she loves alot. I placed the order on February 9th to be delivered to Portland Oregon on Saturday February 13th. My husband ordered flowers the 11th for his mom in St. Louis Missouri and they showed up on Saturday like it was scheduled. Somehow the one to portland is now in Louisville Kentucky and left from Los Angeles California and now they are saying that it wont be delivered until Monday. What is the point of paying for expensive shipping and scheduling it to not be delivered when you request.

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about this Holly. Please email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I placed my order on February 2 giving your company plenty of time to fill my order. I purposely placed the order to arrive 3 days early so I could give it to my wife on Mother’s Day. So, you can say “we appreciate your understanding”. I deserve an explanation on how your company dropped the ball and the most you can do is give me a $10 discount. When I called customer service at 6:00 pm ct they should have informed me then.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Jeremiah. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I ordered online a Valentine's bouquet of flowers for my mother in-law. Let's just say what was delivered didn't make her like me at all. I was embarrassed to the fullest. What I ordered was cut in half and the bear wasn't delivered at all.

FTD response

We certainly don't want you to be disappointed Margaret. Please email your contact information and the order number to communitymanager@ftd.com so that we can look into this.

FTD author review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team