1.44/5
Based on 168 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 17, 2018

963 FTD Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 17, 2018

I really wish I'd read reviews before ordering. Spent $100 on arrangement for mother-in-law. Picture was beautiful, but the arrangement was the saddest thing I've ever seen. Wilted, brown spots, and thrown together. Said they'd deliver new flowers Wednesday. Today is Thursday and I get a text from my mother-in-law that she didn't receive anything yesterday. I'm mortified. They have her number and mine, but neither one of us received a phone call about a delay. Haven't ordered flowers in 15 years, but I will never, ever do it again. Especially if it's important. A loving gesture has turned into a pathetic mess, and a huge hassle. Not just $100 wasted, but I basically paid $100 for a huge aggravation!

Original review: May 16, 2018

I placed two separate orders for Mother's Day. I did this online through my work as we get discounts. I entered the recipient's address and then my credit card information. When it came to time to enter the billing address, their system changed the city and state of the recipient. I had no idea this happened. One order was supposed to arrive 5/11/18 and the other 5/12/18. It is 5/16/18 and as far as I know, they still have not gotten their flowers. The only way I knew there was a problem was when my local florist called me to deliver at an address they could not find.

I called FTD Customer Service immediately to try and sort out what happened. I spoke with people who did not have a good grasp on the English language and could not hold a conversation. They only knew enough English to talk about main frequently asked questions and their canned responses. I was hung up on once and had to call back and go through the whole process of getting a Customer Service Agent on the phone. Then had to try to explain everything AGAIN to someone who could hardly speak English. I do not recommend using this provider, I will never use them again even though I get employee discounts through my work. I would rather pay full price and ensure the flowers get there and get there on time.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Ordered flowers and “Gourmet” chocolate covered strawberries for delivery on May 11. She is 87 years old and has Alzheimer’s at a home in TN. Flowers were on May 12 with no vase. “Gourmet” strawberries came on Monday, May 14 all melted and rotten, surely not gourmet. Called to get a refund and they said they would ship them again. I said, "Refund me, Mother’s Day is over, already ruined." Tonight, which is May 15, they sent them anyway as FedEx sent a tracking. I called FedEx to return them to FTD and then had to call FTD again and tell them, "Give me my full refund." Non English speaking person said, "Can I help you with anything else?" And I laughed and said, "Nothing from you," I will never use FTD again.

Original review: May 15, 2018

HORRIBLE experience, even worse so-called customer service, and STILL haven't had my mother receive her gift, which was to be delivered 05.11.18 and it's now 05.15.18 and no one knows ANYTHING... Why is that? I will NEVER order from FTD again and will encourage everyone NOT to do so! Already hearing from other cohorts about their poor experiences and should have taken heed. Very bad, very very bad!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I ordered an arrangement to be delivered by a local florist for my Mother-in-law (MIL) for Mother's Day. I received the confirmation email that it would be delivered on Saturday, 12 May or Sunday, 13 May. The morning of 12 May (which also happened to be my birthday), I received 4 emails from FTD.com - 1 confirming my order was scheduled for delivery and 3 to let me know they would notify me once the arrangement was delivered. At 3:29 pm EDT on Saturday afternoon I received a call from FTD Customer Service. I did not recognize the number so I let it go to voicemail. I checked the message and it said to contact FTD.com Customer Service and left their phone number. I called the number back at 3:31 pm and spoke to a customer service rep (who did not speak English as a first language).

The rep told me my order was unable to be filled by a florist until Tuesday, 15 May so they had gone ahead and canceled my order. I told him this was unacceptable and to find an alternate arrangement for my MIL to be delivered on Mother's Day. He put me on hold for about 5 minutes and told me there were now no florists locally who could deliver an arrangement until Wednesday, 16 May and that he was confirming my cancellation and I would receive a refund in 3-5 business days. He also confirmed I would receive a cancellation notice via email. I voiced my displeasure to the rep - letting him know that I understand this is not his fault but I wanted him to make sure a note was entered that this was completely unacceptable and I would NEVER be using FTD.com again and would ensure my friends and family are aware of my experience so they never use FTD.com.

It is unacceptable to receive a call at 3:30 pm the afternoon prior to a holiday to tell a customer their order has been canceled. This left me with no time to find an alternate option as most other florists require an order placed by 2 pm for same day delivery. After I hung up with the rep I did receive the cancellation email as he confirmed. (My MIL lives 2500 miles away so it was not like I could even go pick up an arrangement from a local grocery store to give to her.)

On Sunday, 13 May I received an email from FTD.com to remind me of the Mother's Day holiday and to order a beautiful arrangement. I received another email on Sunday, 13 May to let me know a "substitution on your FTD.com order was required." The email said the arrangement I ordered was no longer available in the delivery area and they were substituting with similar item to ensure timely delivery of my order (I should note the subject of the email included the confirmation number of the order that was canceled the previous day). I contacted FTD.com customer service via chat on Monday, 14 May to inquire why I received a substitution notification AFTER I was sent a cancellation notification. The rep I chatted with again confirmed that my order was still canceled and apologized for receiving the substitution email. She said it must have been a system generated email.

I asked if there was a way to contact someone within FTD.com to let them know of my experience to ensure it doesn't happen to someone else. She again apologized and said, "No, but you will receive an email within the next few days to leave your feedback." I find it unacceptable there is no way for me to contact a manager to inform them of my experience. I also find it unacceptable FTD.com did not offer any alternate solutions for my issue - only a refund. If I were them I would have refunded the money and also delivered an arrangement on the first available day for delivery to the intended recipient. They made zero effort to right their wrong and continued to send incorrect/inaccurate emails after the order was canceled.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: May 14, 2018

I ordered Mother's Day flowers for my mom and they never showed. I received an email on Mother's Day stating there was an error in my order and the flowers were not deliver. I called to find out more information and the customer service person Lou could not tell me what the error was. She assured me the flowers would be delivered the next day. On Monday 5/14/18 I called at 12:00pm to confirm that my flowers would be delivered on Monday and again was assured that they would be. I never received another email from FTD flowers after Sunday. I called my mom to see if she received her flowers and she informed me that she did not. I called to see why and spoke to Mary and she could not explain why my flowers were never deliver. I canceled my order and asked to speak to a manager. I was put on hold and no one ever picked up my call. I am very nervous that I will not receive a refund. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: May 14, 2018

Ordered flowers for Saturday before Mother's Day. Never got delivered! Not on Saturday, not on Mother's Day. When you call you get to talk to someone you can barely understand and they Do Not Care. This person blamed the florist. I explained that they were the ones responsible. They could deliver them Tuesday. What??? Terrible Customer Service. I will never order from them again.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I ordered flowers for Mother's Day from FTD. I received an email stating that the address was incorrect for the recipient. I called to find out why they had the incorrect address. I never received a satisfactory answer because the address I gave them was correct. I called back three more times and was assured that the flowers would be delivered on Saturday prior to Mother's Day. I called back today and was informed that the flowers were not delivered until the day after Mother's Day which was unacceptable. When you call FTD, the operators can barely speak English that is understandable. I do not have a problem with foreign operators as long as you can understand what they are saying without having to repeatedly ask for them to repeat themselves. I WILL NEVER USE FTD AGAIN. Terrible, Terrible service.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I ordered flowers for my stepmother for Mother's Day to be delivered Saturday 5/13. She called me and told me that they arrived dead and there were only about 5 flowers that were actually still alive. I ordered a huge arrangement and only 5 were alive! Are you kidding me! Then I called them and they said they will redeliver a new bouquet on Sunday. The bouquet never came. I called and got a refund. What a horrible way to do business. As a customer who has purchased from them several times it's a shame that I will never use them again after this.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I never been so upset about a delivery! First off I ordered From FTD Thursday to have the flowers delivered to my mom on Sunday for Mother’s Day, Sunday I got emails saying it was delivered to my mom. I called her and she said that nothing had arrived at her home. I called FTD and they told me that the message automatically sends out once the flowers leave the shop which I felt was really weird because I’ve never had a company told me something was delivered if it was not really delivered.

Finally after keep calling FTD with no one able to locate where the flowers are they finally arrived at my mom's house and it was not the order that I purchased!!! I’ve never been so embarrassed. The picture online had pretty purple pink and red flowers and a purple pretty vase. The pictures my mom sent me was a ugly green vase. Total opposite. Not even the same flowers that was in the picture that I originally ordered and then the card didn’t look like the card that I purchased online. This is a damn scam. I definitely will not be purchasing anything else from them again and I advise no one else to purchase from them. The customer service sucks!!!

Original review: May 14, 2018

On Saturday May 11, 2018 I placed an order for flower delivery for my mother in law. After looking online for over an hour I went with FTD as a company that is known. I paid for extra delivery charge. I received emails confirming my purchase and delivery. I was out of range with data service till I got home at 8:00 PM WST when I found out the flowers were never delivered. I called customer service and all they could do is refund me my money. Well Mother's Day is once a year so the refund does not fix the problem. Shame on you FTD. I will spread the work not to use your service! What a Shame!

Original review: May 14, 2018

The poor ratings I see are well-deserved and I agree that zero (or negative) stars would be a more appropriate rating system for this vendor. I can also see why it does not have a Consumer Affairs accreditation. I used ProFlowers for many years (before it was purchased by FTD) and was NEVER disappointed. It is a shame and a scam that the well-respected ProFlowers name is still in use as there is NO comparison in quality. I stopped using ProFlowers as soon as I realized what had happened. Regrettably, the word has not gotten out widely enough because I have continued to be on the receiving end of "ProFlowers" (FTD) orders from others who were used to the quality that is no longer. The "arrangements" bear NO resemblance to what the customer expects to be delivered, either in terms of quality or quantity of product.

The Mother's Day delivery that came to me yesterday was pitiful, some cheap flowers and three over-the-hill roses. An $8 purchase from the grocery store would put what I received to shame. Another order I received in the past was literally dead on arrival. I'm sure it's not a coincidence that the local florists who fill these orders have far less than stellar reviews. I will continue to report back to those who send me flowers through FTD, letting them know that their money has been wasted and suggesting that they never again use this vendor. I will also continue to call customer service, as I did today, to make sure FTD is aware that their shameful service does not go unnoticed.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I ordered a $120 wine and cheese/snacks basket for Mother's Day (Called the "Spirited Gourmet - Best"). I placed the order weeks ago on April 30th, and FTD's website stated that the item was not eligible for delivery on weekends, so I requested Friday May 11th delivery - I figured my mom could enjoy the gift throughout the weekend. Lo and behold, my mother did not receive ANYTHING on Friday, or over the weekend. I called FTD twice, and both times, customer service reps kept placing me on hold, and could not answer any questions about why the order was not delivered, and why no one had contacted me to let me know it wouldn't be able to be delivered. During both calls, both reps finally told me that my order was a "very special delivery" so they needed to transfer my request over to the "special orders" department. Except they couldn't transfer me over to this department, someone would call me back from that department.

They kept saying things like "I assure you this order is very important, and I've already submitted the request." What request? Request to do what? Why would be calling me, and when? They could not tell me anything about when I could expect the call or when there would be a resolution or what the resolution would be. Finally, I told the woman I spoke with the second time I called that at this point I just wanted a refund, as $120 is not an insignificant amount of money, and Mother's day has come and gone, with my mother not having received her gift, so I just wanted the money back so I could get her something else instead (better late than never, right?).

After putting me on a long hold, yet again, she told me she was sending me an email and issuing me a refund. That was an hour ago, and still nothing. No refund, no actual information on where the order/gift is, nothing. This company is AWFUL. No one should rely on them for any special delivery. And if you do, and it goes wrong, don't expect to get your money back. I hope they are shut down, and stop defrauding people!

Original review: May 13, 2018

We ordered a bouquet to be delivered on 5/12 for our grandmother's 97th birthday. We waited for a confirmation, and on 5/13 contacted FTD online to ask for one. We received an email containing an 800 number. After calling, we found out that the local FTD agent was unable to fill the order. We were not contacted, nor asked if we would like an alternative arrangement. FTD refunded our money, but did not offer any compensation. DO NOT use this company.

Original review: May 13, 2018

On Thursday 5/10 ordered a Sunday 5/13 Mother's Day flower delivery for my mom. FTD indicated this is possible, accepting my $45 order. On Sunday, Mother's Day, shortly after noon, I received an email stating the delivery was made. Called my mom. She sounded surprised. Said nothing's arrived from me. Hung up. Called FTD. After dodging to answer for 15-20 min they admitted nothing's been sent. Still no explanation why did FTD try to lie??? Not to mention they made me look like an ungrateful son, I know I am not. Shame on FTD!

Original review: May 13, 2018

I'm making this short and sweet. Don't bother with FTD. They suck. I ordered what I thought would be a beautiful bouquet of tulips (the recipient's favorite flower). When she texted me a picture with a "thank you for the flowers" I couldn't have been more embarrassed! This is why I hate spending money on flowers, such a waste. I could have sent cash for a really nice dinner instead, would have been more useful than looking at these pitiful flowers.

Original review: May 13, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! Absolutely in shock at how awful my experience has been. I ordered my mom and mother-in-law flowers for Mother’s Day. I have never been so embarrassed or furious about a flower delivery. What was delivered is not even close to what I ordered. The flowers within the bouquet picture online were not even in the bouquet they received. I have contacted customer service and they won’t do a thing. I really really wish I saw these other reviews before I ever ordered so I could have spent my money elsewhere. They are obviously scamming all of their customers.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I would rate FTD a zero if this review site would let me. FTD is the absolute worst company and I will never, ever, ever order anything from FTD ever again for as long as I live. I ordered flowers for Mothers Day (5/13/18) to be delivered on Fri (5/11//18). Later on Fri 5/11/18, FTD confirmed the delivery, however, the flowers were not delivered. The next day Sat. FTD sends an email indicating that the delivery could not be met and the absolute best that they could do is deliver the flowers a day after Mother's Day on 5/14/18.

FTD is completely incompetent and I will go out of my way to ensure that upper management knows how crappy FTD is since this is not the first time my delivery was missed by more than 2 days. I was disgusted with FTD and FTD's customer service that I just cancelled the order. I will make FTD management aware of my complaint so that they can fire the incompetent people and replace them with robots. At least robots are trainable! Don't ever order from FTD - they are too incompetent and stupid to get anything done correctly.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I ordered my Mom and Aunt flowers for Mother's Day to be delivered May 12th-13th. (Upgraded both to BEST bouquet and I'm an FTD Gold Subscriber. Each bouquet was $64.99 before tax.) My mom sent me a picture of hers and naturally was absolutely delighted! When looking at photo and back to what I ordered, it was not nearly as impressive. I emailed customer service regarding my dissatisfaction. My Aunt later send a photo of her flower surprise and I was actually ashamed by the arrangement! Not acceptable or near the wow factor of what I had expected. Sent another complaint to customer service. Waiting on a response.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I ordered my mom a beautiful bouquet online from FTD. What she received was a pathetic box of almost dead flowers and a whole lotta green filler! They were shipped from Illinois and she is in New Mexico. I called FTD to complain and was offered to have the order redelivered except the bouquet I ordered was no longer available. I was given two options and asked to know more about one of them. I was put on hold for ages while she went to look up what comes in that particular bouquet only to have her come back and say that one wasn't available anymore. In the end I called back again and asked for a refund, which they complied. They have proven to be totally unreliable and it's shameful that people pay so much thinking their loved one is getting beautiful flowers and get a box of crap. I'm so glad my mom told me the condition of the flowers. Do not use FTD!!!

Original review: May 12, 2018

This has happened before. We ordered flowers through FTD well in advance of our desired delivery date, only to receive an email the day before the delivery date telling us that our choice of flowers can't be delivered. This time it was for Mother's Day 2018. If the flower arrangement can't be delivered, why offer it for sale in the first place? We canceled the order, but I'm sure if we called and upgraded the order to a much more expensive flower arrangement, the delivery would miraculously become possible. This appears to be a pattern of bait and switch.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I thought it was a joke!! 1/2 of the flowers were dead, brown, limp. It is the worst I have ever seen. They want to send me more, are you kidding. I read all the one star reviews and it's not just me. Why are they sending out this mess. I still don't believe this, DEAD!!

Original review: May 12, 2018

FTD was to deliver a special fruit arrangement to my mother for Mother's Day on the Friday prior and had not. I did so as I knew my mother would not be available on Saturday to receive a package due to her outing. When I called "customer service" they claimed it would still be delivered the same day, it was not. I could barely understand the representative as their English was not up to par so I had to ask them to repeat several times so I could understand what they were communicating to me. Nevertheless, what was ultimately stated was that they had seven days to rectify the situation if my mother did not receive her arrangement fresh, which would put it past Mother's Day. They appeared desensitized to my situation and argued their point to the end. NEVER USE THEM OR YOU'LL REGRET IT! I most certainly will not!!

Original review: May 12, 2018

Ordered bouquet for Mother's Day, didn't hear from the recipient so I checked with customer service. They cancelled my order without any notice, I ordered this a week and a half before they should've been delivered. Supposed to be delivered in Canada (we live in US). Thanks for absolutely NOTHING! WARNING: Do Not Use FTD.CA.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I can't tell everyone how frustrating it is to do business with FTD. For the second, and final time, I've made arrangements to have flowers delivered to a friend and her mother and only one was delivered on time... Oh, and they're both going to the same address. Whatever you do, go get flowers and deliver them yourself if your only option is FTD. They are horrible!

Original review: May 11, 2018

DO NOT EVER USE FTD FLOWERS #FTD FLOWERS...EVER! I had ordered over $80 worth of flowers to be delivered today and when I hadn't heard anything (like OMG, thank you!) I called to check on the order and found out that FTD took my money but cancelled the ** order! They said that the sunflowers I wanted were not available so they just cancelled it and DID NOT refund my money until I raised hell. I will write this review on every single website I can find until they make it right by me and then I will never use them again. This is the second time they've done something crappy. The last time, I ordered $100 in roses for a very special occasion and the recipient got a $20 order of carnations! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Original review: May 10, 2018

They are complete scammers. For Mother's Day they say delivery is included in price of flowers then they try to charge you an extra 18 dollars. When you call customer service to complain they act like they don't understand English.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Very unprofessional customer service. They charge you a premium price and substitute products without your approval. I called to inquire and ask to see what was delivered and I got a CS person who barely speaks English. She kept asking for information that she already had, such as "what was the item you ordered?" I had already submitted my order number etc. I realized I was getting nowhere with this CS person and asked to speak to her supervisor. I was ignored and repeatedly asked to speak to her supervisor.

I was placed on hold for 100 minutes and the person who came to the phone was at the same level as the person with whom I had spoken and NOT a supervisor. I demanded to speak to a supervisor and was placed on hold for another ten minutes. All told, I was on the phone with FTD for 49 minutes, spoke to four different people, and not one of them had a decent command of the English language. There was no resolution and I feel as if I have been defrauded. I will never again use this service.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I ordered flowers online from Eflowers.com FTD Flower and Gift Delivery on April 28 and they never were delivered. I then reordered on May 1st. Still no delivery and my credit card was now charged twice for $72.98 by an entity named "Flowers LLC Cambridge, MA". Many attempts to resolve this issue of non-delivery with the several "800" call center numbers and multiple emails to customer service. Also, several of my calls were outsourced to answering services with promises that I would be contacted within the day to resolve the issue. And sadly my sister never received her get well bouquet.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I won't use FTD again. The last few times I had flowers delivered to my wife, it was more like a do it yourself kit. She had to bring the package home, cut the stems and arrange them in the vase herself. When I pay all the upcharges to have flowers delivered on time, I expect the arrangement to be complete without having the recipient do all the work. Will not use FTD again.

FTD expert review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs