2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

FTD is a floral and gifts company that operates in the U.S. and Canada. The company has one of the largest networks of florists — customers can choose from more than 30,000 floral shops across the globe and receive same-day shipping services from in-network florists.

FTD Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 27, 2020

I ordered a beautiful bouquet of flowers for my mother-in-law for her birthday. The bouquet had roses, lilies and very little greenery. A very full bouquet. I received a call from her saying that the roses were already wilting and the whole bouquet had a moldy type of smell. What she got was mostly big green leaves, 4 roses and a few tulips. I was disgusted and embarrassed that she had to call me. I called them and told them I had pictures. They didn't want to see the pictures. They offered me a new delivery and a 10% back. I said no way. I told them to pick up the flowers and give me a full refund. They gave me the full refund. I will never order from them again. Buyers beware!!!!

FTD response

We're committed to making this right Christi! Could you email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 12, 2020

I placed two orders last Monday night and they said they'll deliver next day. They immediately charged my credit card but never confirmed the order nor its delivery. Four days later I tracked my order and their system was not even recognizing the order number and when I tried to track the order, after spending one hour on the phone, the girl who was helping me, non-English speaking had such a strong accent that was so difficult to follow her. Then I tried to email them but again their system could not recognize their own issued order number. I am amazed how horrible is their customer service for a company of that size. Extremely frustrating!!! I'll have to find another company for my online orders.

FTD response

We'd definitely appreciate the opportunity to look into this Sharo. Please email the order numbers and your contact information here to communitymanager@ftd.com. Thank you.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I will tell you that before writing this review and deciding to tell my story I did try to rectify the situation with FTD directly. I don’t go around writing bad reviews. In fact I would much rather give credit where credit is due than give a bad review. That being said, I had the worst experience ordering flowers for my sister-in-law. There was a death in her family and I wanted the same day delivery. I paid extra for the same day delivery and picked a bouquet that I thought would be lovely. When the flowers did arrive I was so disappointed not only in the size of the arrangement which was about 1/4 of the size that I paid for but also in the quality of flowers. If I can attach images here I will do. You can see the difference between the flowers that I ordered and the ones that were delivered.

I called to complain and was told it would be rectified and a new delivery we go out. I never received a call nor did my sister-in-law and receive new flowers. I called again and was assured again that it was being taken care of and she would receive the new flowers within 24 hours. I was told I would be refunded my same day delivery fee. That did happen but my sister-in-law never received her flowers. I refuse to call them again and be told that this will be taken care of. I am beyond disgusted at this situation. Since I don’t live close to family I tend to order flowers for different occasions lots of times. I will never again use FTD. I’ve never had a worse experience. If they were not going to deliver the correct arrangement as agreed, I should have been issued a full refund. I would have never purchased flowers of the quality and type (Mostly Carnations!) that we’re delivered.

FTD response

We're definitely committed to resolving this with you Michal. Could you please email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: June 10, 2020

I ordered the Aqua Escape Bouquet for delivery on 5/18/20 to my aunt. The delivered bouquet looked nothing like the picture and did not even come with the aqua vase. I understand that there could be some flower substitutes, but this wasn't even close. I called to complain and was only asked if I wanted it to be redelivered, however, the person on the phone could not tell me if the bouquet that I actually ordered would be delivered or just another ugly substitute. I was so embarrassed about the bouquet I reached out to my aunt and apologized. She responded by giving me the name of a local florist for future reference. I have tried to reach out to FTD and even sent them an actual picture of the bouquet that was delivered but have received absolutely no response.

FTD response

We're so sorry to see this Marcia. Please email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com so that we can help.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my wife to arrive on our anniversary, and we were both VERY disappointed. The website offered 4 levels of bouquet, and I ordered the most expensive thinking it would match the price, but what I got would have been unimpressive at the bargain tier. When I called to complain I was told they would redeliver the next day. It has been more like 10 days now and they are telling me they are doing the best they can, but the local florist isn't getting back to them, so I have nothing. I (over) paid FTD, not the local shop. Too bad they don't make it right.

FTD response

We certainly don't want you to be disappointed Steve! Could you please email the order number to communitymanager@ftd.com so we can help?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: June 9, 2020

My uncle died, I wanted to send my aunt flowers the same day. FTD used to be a trusted brand, I guess things have changed. Oh they gladly took my money. $170! About an hour later they sent me an email saying it wouldn't be delivered today, but tomorrow, which will be too late to beat the funeral. And their remedy for this? They want to give me $10. THE NEXT TIME I ORDER FLOWERS! Now mind you, they took $22 in service fees to deliver it and deliver it today, but they're going to offer me $10... IN THE FUTURE! How generous of them! So now I'm mad, and I call because I can't find any way to cancel the order online - and I want to use someone else.

The clearly bored woman who answers the phone puts me on hold, then proceeds to tell me she can't cancel the order or refund my money because she is in possession of an email from the delivery people that claims they contacted me and that I agreed to the following: 1) they can deliver it whenever they want and 2) they don't have to deliver the flowers I picked, they can pick whatever they want. Does that sound like something anybody in their right mind would say? Yeah, well that's because I DIDN'T. Somebody at this worthless company just straight-up wrote fan fiction about my order.

If you're thinking I got a profuse apology and an immediate refund after telling the bored woman I did no such thing, well... I've got some bad news for you. And me. I'll actually be shocked to get any refund at all (they supposedly gave me $17 back of the $22 they charged me for delivery of the $148 flower arrangement that I now didn't pick) and more shocked if the flowers are even delivered at all. Not that I had a choice, they flat refused to refund or cancel, even though it's only been an hour since the order. The way I see it, this company has basically stolen $148 from me. NEVER, EVER AGAIN.

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about your experience! Would you mind emailing the order # to communitymanager@ftd.com so we can find out what happened?

Original review: June 9, 2020

Delivery a flower basket to a funeral on Saturday which was ordered on Wednesday. The florist did not deliver so completely missed its purpose. Have written 3 mails to FTD, no reply - mail box is an unmonitored inbox - tried to use contact phone number, no reply due to technical issues. Sending flowers is a very emotional product and you should count on the company to deliver a promise - not with FTD - horrendous service - I will never use them again!!! Paid by credit card and afterwards no replies - easy money earned.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: June 8, 2020

I recently ordered flowers, on a Saturday, to be delivered on the next day, paying the 17.99 delivery fee/service fee. I checked the status of my order twice on Sunday, but just saw a statement saying it could take till 9pm to deliver. I didnt think much of it, sure it would be delivered on time. Today, monday, I got an email at 10am saying the order was going to be delayed, to be delivered today. There was also a 10$ off coupon in the email, but I find that to be a pretty hollow offering.

I also received a phone call from customer support, but couldnt answer it. They left a cryptic voicemail which stated to call them back about my order and go to option 2, with saying nothing about the delay. When I called back and hit option 2 it told me to go to the website and check the status, then hung up on me. I cannot see how a flower delivery service can ask to to pay such a large delivery/service fee then, not only delay the order by a day, but also not inform you until 10am the day after it was supposed to be delivered. The $10 off coupon they gave as an apology seems less then useless, as I won't use FTD again if this is how they operate.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Christopher. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: June 3, 2020

I wanted to order flowers for my daughter's 30th birthday, since I'm several states away. I ordered the flowers 6 days ahead, and the day after they were to be delivered, she still didn't have them. I called customer service and they said they had no one to deliver them!!! And you couldn't email me and tell me???? Just keep my money and don't deliver the flowers. I cancelled my order.

FTD response

If there's anything we can do to help Regina please feel free to email us here at communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I wanted to make you aware of a situation that transpired around mother's day. I was trying to send my mom flowers and forgot until the Friday before. I tried numerous flower sites, your site was the only one saying they could deliver them on Saturday the day before mother's day. I figured this was better than late, so I ordered them, paying an extra $25.00 for the service, thinking it's worth it.

Well, no flowers were ever delivered, the tracking showed that they hadn't even been shipped still by Sunday, mother's day, so I requested it be cancelled. This is the first year that my 85 year old mom didn't get flowers for Mother's day, so I thought you should know how heartbreaking it was, as she is in Delaware and we are in PA. Your website promised something and didn't deliver and it is awful. Disgraceful. Not an email, not a call, even after I sent emails with order issues. I want you to be aware that I have used your site plenty of times in the past but will never use it again. I will make a point of telling everyone that I know not to use this site because of this.

FTD response

We'd appreciate the opportunity to look into this Theresa. Could you email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

FTD author review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team