2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.45/5

FTD Reviews

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

My daughter lives many miles away from us and I wanted something special delivered to her on her birthday. I purchased the small bouquet of Light of My Life™ Bouquet- VASE INCLUDED flowers and was pleasantly surprised how big, beautiful, and fresh they were. The bouquet was delivered around noonish and now she will have all afternoon to gaze at her beautiful flowers while remembering that today is her special day! FTD will be my go-to florist from now on!

FTD response

We're so glad to hear your daughter is enjoying her fresh blooms Stacey - thanks for sharing!

Original review: May 24, 2019

Since I have used flower delivery services in the past, I often receive coupons or special codes toward another purchase. These incentives and the quality of the flowers (the arrangements actually look like the pictured display) and the promptness of service have made me a satisfied return customer.

FTD response

Thanks for your feedback and for being a returning customer Len!

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I received absolutely beautiful flowers, both times, for my 26th Wedding anniversary and Easter. They held their bloom for at least 3+ weeks! They had long stems, so they could be cut a few times if needed, the colors were absolutely amazing. :) I received beautiful Tulips for my anniversary and I received beautiful, colorful Lillies for our Easter celebration.

FTD response

We're so glad to hear this Teresa - thanks for sharing!

Original review: May 12, 2019

McCarthy Florist in Chinchilla, Pa. They have the fastest service for delivery. The flowers are breathtaking every time and all my wife's deliveries. Pleasant knowledgeable staff and it's a local florist in town with 3 separate locations for convenience. Whether it's Mother's Day or a birthday or a holiday they're always up to date on the modern day vase or flower holder of your liking. They have very reasonable prices and definitely excellent flowers - fresh and with much aroma of beautiful smelling flowers.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I ordered the Simply Gorgeous Bouquet yesterday before 2 pm, and my Mom received her fresh birthday bouquet of flowers around noon today; she was beyond happy and literally in tears. Thank you so much for making her day extra special. I will definitely order again in the future!!! PS: I wish there was a way I could attach the picture of her flowers.

FTD response

We're so happy your mom loved her fresh blooms Anatolia!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Ordered flowers for delivery. Got confirmation so i thought all is ok. A few hours later I receive an email that they won't deliver until the next day. Called customer service in India. Was put on hold for more than 1 hour. Called corporate. Was promised a call by am in the morning. I had to call to find out the person is not even working yet. Arrogant, rude, unreliable, expensive. Never will order with them again.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

Absolutely the worth!!! Did not delivered the flower arrangement to the funeral home and refused to provide the refund! Representative stated that it was delivered and signed by Funeral Home Director whose name they do not have. I got Funeral Home Director on the line to confirm there was no delivery done for that person. FTD representative had nothing else to say and just hand up the phone! Never again will I order from them.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I used FTD to send my daughter Valentines Days flowers. At 8:00 pm I was worried as they had not arrived. I called customer service and was in hold over 40 minutes. I could not understand a word the rep said. I finally said I want a refund. She agreed. Later my daughter got flowers, 1 rose, a daisy and tons of greens. About $3.25 worth of flowers. Someone from FTD reached out the next day, said I got a refund so I should be happy. I still don’t have the refund. My daughters valentines was messed up. The company said they would refund. They did not. I think they must be going out of business and don’t care. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE NOTHING BUT CHEATS.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I am writing to express disappointment in your poor customer service. I placed an order three days before a funeral service for a family member. Your company called me one and a half hours before the service to tell me that you would have to substitute a different color flower, which I had no problem with, then I received another call saying that it was impossible to fulfill my order at all. I too am a business owner and I can tell you that your service or lack thereof is very poor business protocol. I would have made every effort to fulfill the order even if I had to take the loss for it in the name of good business. Your handling of the matter is simply unacceptable and I do not plan to do business with you again.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I ordered a dozen roses for my wife for Valentine's Day. When they arrived two of them were already dead and the others were starting to die. When we woke up the next morning they looked horrible and sagging. I emailed customer service on the 15th. They emailed me back saying how sorry they were and that they were going to send a replacement order. I’ve emailed them multiple times and have gotten no response. It is now the 21st and still haven’t heard back. I will never be ordering from them again. I could have bought flowers at my local supermarket for half the price I paid. Do not waste your money with this company.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

FTD expert review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team