1.19/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FTD

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 15, 2017

830 FTD Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I've never been so unsatisfied with any company's customer service than FTD. I ordered a gorgeous arrangement for my bridal flowers back in July. I scheduled them to be delivered the day before as recommended by customer service. Come 4 pm we had to leave for our rehearsal and dinner. I left a note for the delivery person to bring them to my neighbor. Come 630 my neighbor told me they still had not come. We immediately called FTD who said the florist tried calling my number which they said was "disconnected". The number was verified as being the same as "the same number I'm calling from". My phone never rang all day. I explained that I needed those flowers immediately and they would not even connect me to the florist to verify any information. They took my husband's number as an alternative and said they would call the florist.

We made arrangements to have them urgently delivered to my venue. No flowers ever showed and no contact was made by either FTD or the anonymous florist. The day of my wedding, a busy day where I have limited phone access, I got an email my order was totally cancelled. I'm so thankful for 1800flowers whose florist called me to verify all my information and to see that I would be home for delivery. And thankfully the craft store was still open for another half hour, I had JUST ENOUGH time for my bridesmaid and I to run out and make an artificial bouquet for me. I absolutely will never recommend this site, and neither will any of my guests who were all told the horror story. I'm only giving one star because I was given a full refund and a free similar arrangement because I was so desperately looking forward to those beautiful flowers. STICK TO 1800FLOWERS!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

This company has screwed up my order almost every single time. I am finished. They ruined my anniversary which I made sure to place the order 3 days prior and they promised delivery. I called 5 times the day of, speaking to people that barely spoke English and couldn't give me a straight answer. But still they promised a "by 5 pm delivery." 5:30 comes around and no delivery and all they had to say was they would upgrade the bouquet free of charge and deliver the next day. Or refund the whole order and not deliver at all. I am livid and they have permanently lost a customer. Disgusting business acumen and customer service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

They will not let the florists cancel their memberships... They are deceptive and charge you for everything. Stay as far away from them as possible, especially when ordering flowers. They charge you 3 times what the flowers you actually get are worth... You are better off calling the local florist!!! RUN RUN RUN!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I placed an order, they guaranteed delivery. The day AFTER the delivery was supposed to happen, I received an email at 4:37 am that it didn't happen and to call them. The only reason I got the messages is because I went to the website and requested a status. This has now happened a couple of times over the last 2 years. I am done. No more FTD. I want to actually be able to call and talk to a person that has some level of accountability. There is none here. Basically, if you use them you have to put up with their crappy service and there is no accountability.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I NEVER leave reviews, but this just irritated me to the brink of writing about it to let others know to steer clear of this company. Once a year my husband buys me last minute flowers for our anniversary. So, you can imagine that when our anniversary came and went without them delivering the flowers we were both rather annoyed. They give you no tracking number to start and tell you nothing about your delivering being late. We received an email saying that they changed the order so they could deliver it to us in a timely manner.

Well, two days later I called and they weren't even close to sending it out. But that's ok because they offered 4 dollars back for the "next day" delivery fee that they weren't able to fulfill. Needless to say I went kinda postal on them but they don't seem to understand that delivery time is one of the most important things in their business. If they can't make the time people pay for then they need to be able to communicate that to the customer! But we heard nothing from them until two days after because we contacted them. Seriously if you are looking for something reliable and well worth the money then 1-800 Flowers or ProFlowers are the way to go... I would steer clear of FTD unless you have no expectations for time!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

My boyfriend sent me a gift of 2 dozen roses and a dozen chocolate covered strawberries. I received them Sept 1, 2017. The roses didn't include flower food which was stated on instructions that it was. I followed the care instructions and they still died within a week... Didn't even fully open up. The strawberries were mushy and soft on the bottom, not very edible. I sent a email to them and haven't heard one word back from them. I'm very disappointed. This was for my 50th birthday and my boyfriend spent good money for basically nothing.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I ordered flowers to be delivered on our daughter’s birthday. She has two small children and her husband was traveling out of the country, since we couldn't be there to celebrate with her I wanted her day to be special. I called her around 2:45 Central time and inquired whether they had arrived, they hadn't so I sent a message to FTD and received feedback they would email me when they knew they were delivered. At 4:45 p.m. Central time I had heard nothing so I called. They put me on hold and called the florist who claimed they had tried to deliver them and left a note in the door, they claimed they had also tried to call the recipient and left a message.

Our daughter went to her door and found a note saying she could pick up the flowers. She was home at the time of delivery attempt and has never received any calls or messages. I paid good money and a delivery fee for poor service. FTD refused to disclose the florist name to me as a purchaser so I could deal with the local company. I will not be using this organization again, they don't follow through and charge ridiculous rates for poor service. You might also think twice about using Dillon's Florist in Wichita Kansas.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

We ordered a bouquet of flowers to be delivered on 8/29/2017 in commemoration of my Dad's 1st year death anniversary. We wanted to cheer mom up. I called at 5:45 pm after learning that flowers had not been received. I was told by the FTD agent that they were delivered after being put on hold and checking with the florist. I called a second time after contacting my mom and learning that she hadn't received the flowers. The second agent informed me that the florist failed to print the order and offered to deliver the flowers the next day.

I expressed my disappointment and informed her of the reason for the flowers. I asked to have the flowers delivered for free but she laughed and offered a discount. Her supervisor was WORSE. He WAS SO RUDE AND CONDESCENDING. He asked me if I will expect free service or goods if the item was late. WHAT A DISGRACE TO THE COMPANY. I WILL NEVER EVER ORDER FROM FTD AGAIN. He spoke to me like I was beneath him. We cancelled the order.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

FTD in our small town is handled by family owned florist who gives great small town service and will help with deliveries in other states. They go out of their way to give good service and customer satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I was attempting to order a lush fabulous bouquet and unfortunately I came and trusted FTD. Oh My! What was sent was a cute bouquet. Not $100.00 worth at all. Go anywhere else for your purchase. Sadly, I didn't check reviews before ordering.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

After calling customer service the day after they were meant to deliver, they stated no one was home to accept the delivery the day before. My wife was home the day before, and we have security cameras that cover our front door, I can confirm there was no attempted delivery. Either FTD.COM lied, or whoever was delivering the flowers lied.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Very full and luxurious flower bouquets are illustrated on the website. Unless you pay for the highest price shown, that is not what you receive. And even then you can have fewer flowers than shown. However, freshness is fairly good with the flowers lasting a little over a week.

Original review: July 29, 2017

The worst purchase I have ever made online hands down. I ordered a lavender floral arrangement that includes a purple vase, chose the BEST option so it would arrive with a nicely filled mixture of flowers as depicted on the website. But what my wife got delivered was FAR from what I ordered online! It honestly looks like a bouquet of flowers you can buy at your local grocery store for $9.99 and it came in a CLEAR VASE not the purple vase it was marketed as an included piece with the order. How does FTD.com allow these florists to conduct business on their behalf and carry the FTD.com name? I think the bulk of the problem nowadays with this business is the lack of pressure they put on these third party florists whom have the responsibility to accept, review, create and deliver orders without having to be subject to an evaluation or quality control from FTD.com as to ensure customers are receiving what they paid for.

It was our 10th anniversary and instead of getting a loaded beautiful lavender mixed floral arrangement w/ purple vase, she literally received the worst flowers a husband could get his wife for a special occasion. I thi4nk it would have been less troublesome or painful if she never got any flowers from me! This is absolutely unacceptable! I contacted customer service immediately and demanded a full refund because what my wife received was not what I purchased. I am entitled to a full refund! But their slogan "don't love it? we will make it right" is deceiving and to me it feels like false advertising! How do you make it right after you learn one of your florists delivered something that did not match the item description?

So what a supervisor did next seriously made me more angry... I was offered $25 certificate for a future purchase!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Do you expect me to make another purchase from FTD.com??? Never in my life will I order from you again, so why are you offering me something I will never use? This is not making it right. If you want to make it right, offer me to have an even better floral arrangement delivered ASAP (a day after the anniversary), apologize to my wife for your mistake and try to make it sincere. This to me is making it right and not a ** $25 certificate for a future purchase. I am trying to get the CEO (Mr. Walden) to learn about this and all the other thousands of misfortunate incidents that derived from such poor quality control management and customer service. If anyone knows any contact info other than his twitter account, please DM me and hopefully this will get to the top.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I ordered a fruit/nut, miss basket for my inlaws. I was on the phone with them when it was delivered. She sent me a picture of what it looked like. AWFUL. I was so embarrassed!! Then I call to complain and Danielle Customer Service Rep was totally unprofessional and rude. I am expecting a refund.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Please explain why I ordered this and received the picture on the side. It looks like somebody picked wildflowers from a meadow. Very disappointed. Received a confirmation saying it was delivered however never even was delivered until nearly two hours after I received the confirmation email. The flowers look nothing at all like the picture and there is no decoration around the vase.

Original review: July 26, 2017

My boyfriend sent me flowers from FTD 2 days before my birthday from another state, since he couldn't be here for my special day. He picked the 50 roses and they got here on time as soon as I got to work, and they are bright and beautiful! I am very pleased with this delivery and will be using yall for myself in future! :)

Original review: July 17, 2017

They had me. I loved their flower arrangement, had it all picked out, had written the message, filled out all the billing info, everything was done. Then I reviewed the final charge. The delivery date was 3 days away, sent to an ordinary address in San Diego, obviously a big city. They wanted an additional $17.99!!! Goodbye! Hello Teleflora, no additional charges. I am so thankful they had that charge, as after coming to this site and looking at their 1-star reviews, I feel like I dodged a bullet!

Original review: July 13, 2017

I ordered a flower with a bear to surprise my daughter on her birthday, July 6. I specifically wanted it to be delivered exactly on her birthday to make it more special. I received an email stating that the item will not be delivered until July 7. It was very disappointing and disheartening to say the least. I was out of town and sending her a surprise would have been very special if she could have received it on her special day. I called and just agreed for it to be delivered the next day. I kept asking her if there was a delivery, Sunday came, still no delivery. It was very upsetting!!! I did not even get a correspondence to let me know that it was not delivered as promised on July 7, a day late for original request.

I called and I was told that delivery will can be on Tuesday July 11, 5 days later! This is so unacceptable! It was not about the money that I paid, but the thought of the joy my daughter could have had if she received the flower and bear on her actual birthday. Your poor service have ruined all that. They refunded my money but it was more than about the money. I will never order from that company again and I will make sure I spread the word that FTD has very poor service.

Original review: July 12, 2017

We ordered flowers for my Mom's birthday. FTD accepted our order for next day delivery. The flowers were not delivered. When my wife called to find out what happened she was told that FTD did not have a florist in the area. When my wife asked why FTD accepted the order and did not notify us that they could not deliver the customer service person got nasty. Totally unacceptable and we will not use FTD again.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I ordered flowers on 7/10/17 to be delivered in Alphaetta Ga. and they have yet been delivered. I called the customer service number and it 's only an answering service who takes all the same information when I placed the order and they say they will refer it and someone will call or email you back with the delivery status. The status as on the writing of this complaint is STILL NOT DELIVERED. But yes they charged my credit card $97.00 for nothing. I emailed several times and spoke to CS 3 times to no avail.

Original review: July 10, 2017

My experience with FTD was remarkably pleasant. Admittedly, I was concerned given the number of poor reviews, but I decided to give them a chance anyway. My order consisted of 8 bouquets that were set to arrive four days after I had purchased them. My one negative remark would be that only 7 arrived on time, so I could not use the last one for my intended purpose. The others arrived within the time frame I had set for them, and they looked fantastic! There was little to no wilting, they all smelled like they had been hand-picked that morning, and they matched up pretty well with the pictures online. I cannot vouch how the flowers are during other points of the year, but in the Summer, they are excellent. Couple that with the fact that free vases are thrown in with almost every order, and you have yourself a romantic treat for anyone to enjoy.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I recently purchased a Groupon for a discount on flowers ordered on FTD.com because a friend had unexpected surgery and I wanted to do something nice... Since I paid with Paypal and I was in a hurry I paid full price for her order rather than use the Groupon because it was still being "processed" and I was in a hurry. The order was delivered on time and as far as I know the flowers were nice (I never saw them but my friend sent a very lovely thank you note). I attempted to use the Groupon a few weeks later to send flowers to a friend for her birthday. After I placed the order I called customer service department to confirm they could deliver the order by noon as the flowers were going to a business and the person would only be there until 2pm. They could not guarantee delivery so I canceled the order.

I then called back and spoke to the order department to see if they could guarantee delivery for an additional expediting fee. The Rep I spoke to said they would be able guarantee deliver by noon. I advised I did not want to place the order if they could not, again he said they could so I place a full priced order (no Groupon as the refund had not yet been processed from the earlier order cancellation). I called twice on the scheduled date to confirm delivery... I was put on hold and told they called the florist but could not confirm delivery and they would notify me once delivered, but they could not confirm if I would be notified that day or the next. Nor were they willing to give me contact information for the local florist so that I could try to reach them direct for information.

They did not make the delivery by the time the person got off work nearly two hours after the scheduled delivery time. I was able to cancel the order, but was very sad that the flowers were not delivered as I know it would have made her feel very special on her birthday. Had they just been honest about not being able to deliver the flowers I could have just called a local florist direct and made arrangements for a guaranteed delivery.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Worst service ever!!! I called to place an order today and... I am appalled at the customer service I received... at first a customer service rep quoted a price. As I was ready to place my order we got disconnected... I called back ready to place my explained the situation of getting disconnected... the customer service rep (a male this time) said, "No problem with getting your order in." I gave him the address and name of the recipient and he stated my total was going to be 23 dollars more than what I was quoted prior to speaking with him. I stated, "I was quoted a different price." He stated, "It doesn't matter" because he's a different rep. I asked to speak to a supervisor. He stated, "There are no supervisors or managers." I asked to be transferred to a different rep and he said, "I don't care ** you!!!" I repeated his statement hoping I heard that wrong as I was in shock and said, "Did you just curse at me by saying this?" He said, "YES!!!"

I hope that as your automated system states your calls DO get recorded because I am appalled and shocked that you would keep such ignorant idiots who get paid by the hour as your employees who ruin your company name!!! I will be sharing this on all social media. Instagram, Twitter, Yelp, you name it!!! I have never been soooo belittled by any company that I wanted to make a purchase and support eveeeer!!!

Original review: July 2, 2017

I ordered these flowers on Wednesday June 27th at 145 pm Pacific time. 20 minutes later I get a call saying the flowers can't be delivered same day since I ordered them after 2 pm. So they would be delivered Thursday. Then they were never delivered Thursday. So I call Thursday afternoon and the FTD florist you contracted with locally never looked at their emails so never got the order and never delivered the flowers so then they were going to be delivered on Friday. Friday around 12 pm I call to change the address of the delivery since my friend is no longer at the hospital and they have gone home and FTD customer service rep says no problem and the flowers will be upgraded and delivered Friday. Well no delivery Friday.

Today is Saturday and I called again this morning at 8 am to see what the status of the delivery is and I spent over 1 hour AGAIN on the phone to be told the flowers would be delivered today. I asked for a refund a credit or anything as this 4 days later and flowers have yet to be delivered. I was offered a 20% refund OR my entire order cancelled today. I needed those flowers delivered and after six phone calls in four days that I proactively made to FTD and you guys dropped ball after ball after ball and I get a choice of order cancel or 20% refund? I will NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER USE OR RECOMMEND FTD EVER AGAIN. You have permanently lost my business. You clearly don't care.

Original review: June 25, 2017

Sent flowers to for my sister and brother-in-law's 45 anniversary and they never received them! Received an email stating that the flowers had been delivered but they were not so I emailed FTD to inquire. Then I called the 800 number and was assured that this situation would be rectified, it was not. I then filed a complaint with FTD and received an email saying they would investigate and get back to me. They have not! This is such poor business!

Original review: June 20, 2017

Almost a week ago I purchased (or at least thought I purchased) flowers for a funeral that took place last Friday. After spending 20-30 minutes on the phone and providing all of the funeral home info, deceased person's name, what the personal card was to read, along with my own personal billing information, I found out Friday that my flowers were never sent by FTD!

Profoundly disappointed I called FTD that night. None of the information I gave them INCLUDING my credit card was on file. Whoever I had given my order to hadn't processed it. And because they have call centers worldwide there's no way of knowing who the responsible person at FTD was. My confirmation number should have come in an email, but I didn't get that either. Without a confirmation number they can't track the order. They tried using my name, phone number, funeral home information, the deceased person's name and nothing showed up. The guy took all that information and never placed the order. Who does that Jeez.

Even in a time of grief, I suppose none of us should let our guard down. So, worried about the credit card I had used, tonight I called and cancelled the credit card because I was worried about the whole transaction, or lack thereof. I used the 1-800-736-3383 number that is on the FTD website. What a HUGE disappointment. I hope no one else has trouble like this with FTD. You think you're getting a well-known company, but maybe not. There are no do-overs for this.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I ordered flowers from FTD.com for my mother's birthday this year to be delivered on 15 June (date of my mother's birthday). The flowers were not delivered as scheduled. I received a vaguely worded notification from FTD on 18 June. There was no explanation as to why the delivery was not made and I was asked to reschedule the order. I have no intention of using FTD in the future and I encourage others to use more other companies.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I reside in NJ, USA. My mother lives in Ireland and I wanted to send her a beautiful bouquet of flowers as she is very sick at the moment. The bouquet that was delivered looked nothing like the picture I was hoping for. The picture on the website looks so beautiful and deluxe!! The bouquet my mother received is only worth $25 at the most. FTD charged $52.99 for the flowers. Plus an additional service fee of $27.99. My Visa card was charged a total of $80.98. I could have gone to my local ALDI grocery store for a more lavish and deluxe version (they have the most beautiful flower arrangements for $20) of the white flowers my poor sick mother had delivered to her today in Ireland.

SHAME ON YOU FTD!!! I will never order anything from you ever again if you don't make this right!! Oh! What's with your motto "Love it or we'll make it right!!!" Huh??? What a joke! Do the right thing and make your upset customers feel better by doing the right thing. Hoping for a positive and swift outcome from you. You can make this right!! Practice what you preach!! "Love it or we'll make it right" I think ye got it wrong. Should be more like "Don't love it!! Well we will make it right".

Original review: June 8, 2017

Ordered flowers 2 weeks prior to my wife and I 9th anniversary. Selected what I thought was a nice arrangement to be delivered to her work on our 9th. If you are delivering to a business location that absolute last delivery time should be 2 pm. So they can enjoy them for a couple hours before having to leave for the day. 2 pm rolls around on the day of. I hadn't heard anything from my wife which she would call or text me immediately. So I called FTD and spoke to "Ann" from India. They said they would check with the "vendor" and get back with me. After sitting on hold for about 7 minutes, they came back to tell me that they are out for delivery and that there is nothing they can do to find out when they will be delivered. I called back 2 more times similarly as before until 3:30 pm stressing that my wife leaves work at 4 pm. They ensured me they would get there on time. Around 4:15 my wife calls me on her way home as she always does.

NO FLOWERS ever got to her. I called back immediately to cancel/demand a refund. Not even that is enough after having my wife go through our anniversary like I forgot. They said, "Okay we will refund your money in 3-5 days", yet they never apologized or anything. Totally did not care, they did say I would receive an email stating the cancellation and refund immediately. I never received an email. I did receive an email about an hour later stating of delivery confirmation. My wife went in the next day thinking they would be there. But NO flowers. She checked with reception as well asking if a delivery came the day before and they said no deliveries came after 1 pm that day. What a "crock of **" FTD. Thanks for ruining our anniversary and making me look like a terrible husband and for my wife to feel hurt that she was forgotten. And yet I still have not seen a refund. Will never order from FTD again.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I live two states away from my parents. I ordered flowers for their 50th Anniversary to be sent yesterday. They were not delivered. I called last night and customer service said they would start calling first thing this morning. I call back this morning and no one had tried to even call. After staying on the line for 4 different representatives while they call the florist, all they got was a voicemail for whatever florist they were using. I should have checked the reviews for this company before using them.

My advice... NEVER order from FTD.com. They will give you the "run around" and you will waste your time and energy trying to get them to rectify the problem. I am extra upset since it is not everyday someone has a 50th Anniversary! I was also told they could not tell me which florist they were dealing with. Wouldn't the recipient know who the florist was when they received the flowers? So why keep that private? I have never dealt with any company this incompetent!

FTD expert review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.
    • International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.
    • Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.
    • Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.
    • Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.
    • Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs