1.23/5
Based on 176 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FTD

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

893 FTD Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I ordered a floral arrangement for my boyfriend in Tampa for Next day delivery. The next day around 4pm I got an email that the phone number I provided was unreachable and that my order has been delayed till the following day. My boyfriend was not going to be at delivery location for the next two days, and I needed it delivered on the date I ordered. I called customer service and the first guy I spoke to I could barely understand. I had repeated my confirmation number at least 6 times until I asked to speak to someone else. The rep kept skirting around my request until I said if I didn’t get transferred to someone else I would complain. Finally he transferred me but put me on hold for over 5 minutes, which was longer than the hold to get a rep on the line to begin with.

I hung up and called back again, and immediately got a new customer service rep. The rep asked for my confirmation number, and pulled up my order. He then asked me for every single piece of information (literally every single field I entered in my original order) I entered in my order to “verify my information.” I told him I needed the flowers delivered on the day I requested. He put me on hold and said “we found out from the florist that they were delayed a day.” I said I already stated that’s why I am calling and I am wondering why it was delayed in the first place. Apparently the florist had the wrong color vase, and that’s why they were delayed. Even though I said I didn’t care about the color vase, the best they could offer me was 15% off. I said that was unacceptable and asked for a refund. Worst flower ordering experience I have ever encountered.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I order chocolate covered strawberries for my wife. It was never delivered. I e-mailed and was not contacted the same day, or the next day, or the day after that. I had to log in and contact customer service again through chat. I finally got an answer for a refund. I hope at least I get a refund. Very upsetting ordering something weeks in advance and not getting the gift delivered.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I ordered flowers for my daughter-in-law after she returned home from delivering my granddaughter. I received an email stating that the flowers had been delivered. They had not. I called customer service. I had a lot of difficulty understanding the woman. She stated that they tried to make the delivery, no-one was home, so they left a note. False, false, false.

The conversation became complicated, so I asked to speak to a supervisor because I could not understand what she was saying. She put me on hold... forever. I called again, and the nice Indian gentleman told the same delivery tales. He also informed me that they could not deliver the flowers until Monday (four days late). He said that he would "upgrade the order," but I had no reason to believe him, especially since my order had already been upgraded by me when I originally ordered the arrangement. Very disappointing and frustrating experience. As a result of this experience, I recommend that you avoid using FTD.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

After years of using local florists, I decided to give FTD a chance. My order totaling $77 arrived on time to my wife's place of business. Of the dozen roses, 3 were already drooping and nearly dead. We placed them in water and decided to give them overnight to recover. By morning, less than 24 hours after delivery, 2 more were nearly dead. My experience with FTD customer service was the worst I have encountered in many years. The first two calls I connected with a rep who could barely speak English, nor understand my order details. I was placed on hold and left there. One rep wanted to know what my personal message to my wife was??? All the time repeating 'we wish to give you best customer of service we do offer'. A third call connected with someone who had mastered English and the end result was a full credit. Their final solution was to offer $10 discount on 'my next FTD order'. NO THANKS!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

On 2/05/18, I ordered Valentine's Day flower delivery for my wife (paying in full at the time, of course). It is now 2/15/18 at 4:15 p.m. and they have not been delivered. It is also impossible to track the delivery online (I get an email saying that FTD.com will check with the local florist and get back to me). I have read these reviews, and it looks like I will never use FTD again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Never in my life have I ever placed an order from this company. On 02/14/2018 I catch a charge on my business debit card in the amount $153.97. I immediately call make bank to advise that charge is not authorized, the agent said, "Don't worry. I'll just have to wait until the item post in order to file a claim." I couldn't wait due to curiosity who on earth stole my information so I called the 800.736.3383 got a representative within 5-8 minutes. She asked for my name since I didn't have order number, I advised her nothing is listed under my name because I never placed the order however she put me on hold & said she couldn't locate the account (go figure)! After asking her questions if there was any other way she could tell me how did she get my debit card number she quickly advised she couldn't & rushed me off phone.

02/15/2018 I logged into my bank account. Saw the charge posted. Immediately contacted my bank to file claim, they blocked the card and advised they will take care of the situation however that wasn't good enough for me, I called FTD back and I swear the weirdest thing ever, the phone was answered in 5-8 minutes by the same agent!!! She asked for my name I gave it, I told her, "You sound like the lady I spoke to yesterday in regards to this matter." Same to accent everything, she ignored me. She asked for address which she didn't ask yesterday. I gave it to her, she for last four digits on card. I gave it which it didn't matter because the bank had already blocked card.

After that she advised an order was placed for delivery today at that address... I told her I never placed this bogus order, she said, "No problem. I will refund your money in 5 business days." I advised her she doesn't have to do anything because my bank have been made aware of this fraudulent activity by this fraudulent company. She quickly rushed me off phone as I told her how pathetic this company is stealing and making unauthorized charges on people accounts around Valentines day to make themselves look legit!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I ordered flowers to be delivered at a bank on the 14th. I was told that it was going to be delivered by a flowerist. They never came that day even though FTD told me they were. I called late that night and was told they were going to redeliver the morning after. Those never showed up either, I called back and was told that the other representative lied to me and it was delivered by UPS the day before, that makes no sense considering I was told it was going to be delivered by a flowerist. No UPS package came either. She assured me that she was sending a refund confirmation to my email "right now". That never came as well. About 100 dollars thrown away and very disappointed. Really wish I would have read the reviews before I placed an order.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Ordered flowers for my mother for Valentine's Day, never showed up. Finally at 11:00 pm I got through to customer service for them to try and tell me that they were delivered - when they were not. They could not confirm the florist, she was supposedly trying to contact them to see what happened. But of course she would not give me the name of the florist, could not explain why she didn't receive the flowers or why neither of us were contacted on the non-delivery. She tried to say they'd be delivered the next day with extra stems - WHY would I want that, Valentine's Day is over? Took over 25 minutes on the phone to finally get a credit that I won't see for at least 5 days? Terrible customer service, they should be issuing a refund and delivering the flowers for free for their screw up.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Asked for same day delivery, didn’t get it. Sent a cancellation and it was rejected with no clear reason. Called to cancel and was interrogated before I could do so. Finally got the cancellation submitted and they still delivered the next day. On top of all that, what they delivered looked absolutely nothing at all like the picture—not even remotely close, and certainly not worth $100. Never ever again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Last time using them. Bought and wasted $160 to make my wife happy. Only half the flowers, wilted flowers, and no balloons (which was paid for). This is fraud and they should be fined. I only wish I could picket them, as I would. This is a rip-off company... please do not use FTD!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

First and Last using this company, wish I seen the reviews first. Same as everyone called several times regarding my order, promised a returned call never received it, told to hold. Was on hold twice for almost an hour then got hung up on, expected delivery was Valentine's. Before clinic closed, no delivery and still getting the runaround. I just don't know how this kind of business still exist. Just takes innocent people’s money and expectations not met.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

On flower day before for Valentine's Day to be deliver on Feb 14th. Receive confirmation stating my order received. My money was taking out account. No call. No show. Call customer service. No help. No refund. Just apologized for inconvenience. And will last this message to florist and they will contact horrible service.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Ordered flower delivery three days in advance for Valentine's Day and was notified that delivery was available. I was charged immediately the day of the order. On Valentine's Day there was no delivery and FTD did not respond to email inquiries. This company charges customers in advance for services they cannot deliver and customer service is non-existent.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Ordered 2 different sets of flowers. My daughter's were shipped from NJ to TN. They were mixed roses. She was happy but they looked pitiful. Not healthy at all. The ones I ordered for my GF never made it. $149 wasted. Called a local florist and they took care of me. Lesson learned. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH FTD. The fine print is absolutely ridiculous...

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

For Valentines day 2018 my wife's flowers were not delivered. I was assured the flowers would be delivered on time. FLOWERS WERE NEVER DELIVERED. When I requested a refund the clerk told me, "I'll see if we can do that!!!!" I immediately called the bank and asked them to not allow payment and they did not allow FTD to debit my account.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Delivery setup 3 days in advance and yet flowers came 2 days late. 5 days in total. Spent over 1 hr trying to escalate to supervisor but they just keep you on hold and don't respond. Please stay away from this company. They have been in business a long time. But until us consumers have had enough of their lies - they will thrive if we continue to use. I would love to have someone suggest a better flower delivery company.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I ordered a colorful display of Valentine’s Day flowers for my wife with a vase, and box of Godiva chocolate. She received 6 plain roses in a box with a 4 piece chocolate set. The chocolate was Godiva but no vase and I did NOT order plain boring roses. The roses were nice BUT not what I ordered. Wife was happy BUT again my selection was much nicer AND I paid for a vase. They were apologetic and did refund (after a 30 min. Phone call) my full amount. Lesson learned. I will never use FTD again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Flowers were old one delivered, so much so that the puddles were falling off. I called to complain and they told me I could not talk to a manager. Horrible experience. Won’t use them again. FTD sucks.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

On the same day, I ordered three flower arrangements to be delivered. 1 of them arrived with a broken vase. FTD replaced it with a same day, florist delivery. That was good. The other order wasn't delivered, despite a shipping confirmation. First, FTD said they couldn't resend for 9 days. Then, they offered to deliver two days after, which I accepted. I'm not very impressed with a company that gets 2 out of 3 deliveries wrong.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

First E-mail from FTD stated they were delivered, 2nd e-mail from FTD stated they weren’t delivered because the recipient didn’t answer their phone call. “We apologize for notification of this inconvenience via e-mail, but we were unable to reach you at the phone number you provided when placing your order.” Why would you even call her, flowers are a surprise. My Wife was in the office till 5PM, no calls. I just called FTD and had 2 very bad calls with customer service, very bad communication barrier, I kept had to repeat myself constantly and had to ask the FTD rep to repeat what they were saying constantly. I have no confidence these will get delivered today now that my wife is home. I will never order from FTD again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Ordered the flowers to be delivered one day before VDAY to avoid the risk of flowers not making it due to the rush. They never came and they never bothered to call me. They offered me an upgrade at a later delivery time. My wife was going away and I wanted her to have them before she left. NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER FLOWERS FROM THIS PLACE.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Received the flowers for my mother, but did not receive the $10 vase I paid extra for. Content with the flowers, but am on hold as we speak trying to get my $10 refund... Should've received my whole order.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I have a deal through my work that has discounts and free shipping for FTD.com and with Valentine’s Day coming up I thought it would be nice to get my girlfriend a nice arrangement of flowers. So I enter my codes and get my total of $22.00 for a $40 dollar arrangement. Awesome! I wake up to find I had been charged $50 for the whole transaction. Upon looking at the receipt the free shipping had been kicked and I was paying more for their service and shipping fees than the actual arrangement. Bogus.

That’s not even the bad part; once I realized this error I called to see what had happened only to realize through broken English that they cannot refund that. So I decide to cancel the order. There is two days left and I put the order in last night. Can’t cancel it. Absolutely can't, even though the cancellation policy reads as long as it is before delivery it can be cancelled. Only now do I see how “highly” regarded FTD really is. I just hope the flowers are decent looking now. Wish me luck.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Placed order last week for Valentine's Day delivery for my children. Both were to be home from college so I had delivery set for our home. Just found out last night that my one daughter will be unable to come home. I went on FTD to have delivery address edited to her college instead of our home. Was told order was already in transit??? How is that even possible?? What will the flowers even look like if they are already on their way there for a 02/14 delivery???

Then, the guy who BARELY SPEAKS ANY ENGLISH AT ALL tells me they can stop delivery and reroute to her college for an additional $10...after already paying almost $200.00 in delivery charges already for 4 deliveries that day. I told him to cancel my order...in which he told me of the $92.50 charge for her flowers...I would only get a credit of $19.99 and it would only be a credit to FTD! I told him to shove his non-English speaking attitude and the flowers up his **!! I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!! Terrible!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I placed an order on 2/9/18 to have flowers delivered to my wife on 2/14/18 expedited to arrive before 12:00 pm on 2/14/18. I called to have that ordered changed to 2/15/18 because my wife will be away on business on 2/14/18. FTD wants to charge me an extra $10 to move it the next day. Then I asked to cancel for a full refund they decide they want to keep $21 of my rush fee which hasnt occurred. Never should anyone do business with FTD. Go to Amazon where you as a customer matters. FTD is the worst company I have ever experience stealing my money I take very seriously.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Similar to the previous reviewer, we ordered flowers to be delivered to the funeral of a family member and the flowers were not delivered. We proposed to FTD that we be refunded our order and that FTD arrange to have flowers delivered - at their cost - the subsequent day, albeit after the funeral. FTD initially denied the request to deliver flowers at their cost, but finally agreed to a 50 percent discount. As the order was processed, we learned that the discount applied to the cost of the flowers only, not to cost plus tax plus delivery. We love FTD's promise, "Love it or we'll make it right." We wish they'd live up to their promise. We will not be ordering from FTD again. Ever.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Flowers that I ordered were not the ones that were sent. Plus they were very pricey for the small bouquet. So the next time I will try a different flower company and make sure that the flowers I order are the ones they send.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Terrible customer service. My delivery did not make it in time for the funeral - and this company (due to a corporate merger) did nothing to ensure that it arrived in a timely manner according to schedule. Have never ordered from FTD, but this was the preferred flower delivery service for the funeral home, so I ordered through them thinking it would streamline the process. I was very wrong.

Will not use this company again for anything time-sensitive. Talked to 5 different individuals on Sunday (slated day of delivery) - was put on hold for a combined 90 minutes, and never was able to speak to a Customer Service representative who was able to assist me. Embarrassing treatment of customers and an overall extremely negative experience with this company, website, and the process in general. Nothing will be done (or can be done since the funeral was Sunday), but hopefully this discourages others from using FTD for their personal matters.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Two terrible experiences in a row. They missed delivery for my sister's birthday on 1/30/2018 to Salinas, CA. They did not return my first call on 1/31 or respond to my email on 2/1. I called again on 2/2 and finally they delivered the birthday bouquet several days late and not with the vase as pictured. They didn't offer a refund or discount. She only received them last night and I'm waiting to hear if she received the "up-sized" bouquet I ordered. To add insult to injury, when the bouquet was finally delivered they sent a confirmation email stating it had been delivered on time.

In Nov 2017, I sent a birthday bouquet to my daughter in Blacksburg, VA. I "upsized" it and bought an expensive, unique bouquet with Peruvian flowers. She received a small bouquet with very few flowers. FTD refunded my purchase, which was more than fair. Still, given the recent experience in Jan 2018 of a missed birthday, I will not renew my annual membership and do not plan to use FTD again.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I have used FTD years ago but haven't had a need to utilize an online Floral Service in recent months. To my utter disappointment, the lovely Rainbow Roses I thought I ordered were not delivered in my selected cobalt blue vase nor was there any green accents or Baby's Breath included. Just roses in a clear case. My Friends deserved better and for $70+ delivery, I believe I did as well!

FTD expert review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

FTD Company Information

www.ftd.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use