1.2/5 (51 ratings)

About FTD

FTD is a floral and gifts company that operates in the U.S. and Canada. The company has one of the largest networks of florists — customers can choose from more than 30,000 floral shops across the globe and receive same-day shipping services from in-network florists.

FTD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

I ordered from FTD as they stated they could complete a same day delivery. The order was forwarded to a local florist. I received an email confirmation, but no follow up of tracking. I asked the receiver if they got the flowers and they did not. I contacted the local florist and they will not answer the phone, return voicemails or respond to emails. FTD claims it isn’t their responsibility and the local florist will have to be contacted. So the runaround confirms to me that neither are legitimate businesses and seeing the additional reviews here as well also support this business is not credible.

FTD response

Hi Mike - we are so sorry to see you've had a bad experience. Please forward your order number and contact details to communitymanager@ftd.com and if the order was placed with FTD directly we will resolve this for you right away. If your order was placed with a local florist we can pass the information along to them, on your behalf, for resolution. Thank you!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I placed an order to be delivered on 03 Jan. Received a confirmation through my email that my order was placed. In the morning, I received an email stating that my order was being prepared and would be delivered on 03 Jan. Later that afternoon, I received another email stating that there was a delivery delay and my order would be delivered on 04 Jan. I called the customer service number and was told that the florist was not able to deliver my order because they did not have the product available. If they did not have the product available, why am I being told that my order is being prepared and will be delivered on 03 Jan?

Then FTD has the nerve to send me a $10 off coupon for my next order!!! Trust me, there will not be another order!!! This is unacceptable!!! The customer service representative told me, my order would be delivered on 04 Jan. On 04 Jan I tracked my order on the FTD website and again, it stated my order was being prepared and would be delivered on 04 Jan. I even called customer service at 12:18 on 04 Jan to confirm that my order would be delivered on 04 Jan. The customer service representative stated that it would be delivered.

1pm, 2pm, 4pm, 5pm and 6pm pass and still no delivery. This was a business and on the web site it states business deliveries will be delivered by 6pm. This is ridiculous and very unprofessional!!! Is this what I am to expect from FTD? This was the worst experience I’ve had with any business. I do not appreciate FTD making me look foolish with TWO days of no delivery for such an important occasion. Never will from FTD again.

FTD response

We're so sorry to see this Luis . Send us your order details to communitymanager@ftd.com and we'll reach out to you.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

Flowers never delivered. I placed an order on 12/16 to be delivered 12/19. Received a confirmation, and on 12/19 at 6:01 am (the day it was to be delivered) I received an e-mail reminding my my order would be delivered & a way to track. 12/19 came & went, and on 12/20 around lunchtime, I clicked on the tracking link since the recipient hadn't thanked me for the flowers. It was still "in progress". I contacted customer service at FTD who said they could send a different (but better) arrangement, or refund me & give me a $10 credit toward my next order. I still wanted the arrangement delivered.

On 12/21 (now 2 days later) I received an e-mail saying they couldn't find a florist to deliver (which is odd because there are 2 in the city), so the option was to FedEx flowers in "an award-winning box", or get a refund. No offer of a future credit this time. I opted to cancel since that's where things were heading anyway. #1 - they shouldn't have accepted the order if they couldn't fulfill it, #2 - THEY should have notified me it couldn't be delivered on the date scheduled, I shouldn't have had to track them down to find out what happened, and #3 - they didn't seem bothered at all about not delivering the flowers ordered days in advance. Nothing for my trouble or for missing sending our 97 1/2 year old grandmother Christmas flowers to brighten her day. I used to send flowers via FTD all the time, and will NEVER use them again.

FTD response

We're so sorry about this Michelle. Send us your order details to communitymanager@ftd.com and we'll get to the bottom of this.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

I order FTD Flowers online at 9:00 PM a beautiful arrangement for $80.00, in class vase, to be delivered by a florist. Then I received a United Parcel Service notice that they created a ticket for this. So the picture was misleading, their vase will not be the same, there will not be water in the vase, so this person that I sent it to is very sick, they will have to cut the stems, fill up the vase and arrange the flowers. I'm appalled. Then $20.00 delivery fee? I thought the delivery fee was for the florist to create and deliver.

FTD response

Hi Diane, Please send us your order number and contact details to communitymanager@ftd.com so we can look into what was purchased and assist you further. Thank you

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Placed an order for flowers more than a day in advance meant to be a birthday surprise delivered on 11/23. Day of delivery, status never updated. When delivery window closed, used the chat feature to ask about the status and was told I’d have to wait for the florist to respond and that I’d be contacted with an update. Also submitted a help ticket. Was never called and the ticket was never even responded, but online status did revert back to “assigned to florist.” Today (11/26) after no updates I submitted another support ticket and this time got a response offering me a re-delivery for something of greater or equal value to be delivered on 11/28! Went back to chat, and kindly asked for a refund instead. Was given no real explanation. Used FTD for years, after ruining this birthday gesture and surprise… likely never again. Will wait to see if they come thru with the refund.

FTD response

Mario - Your experience is always our top of mind. Send an email to communitymanager@ftd.com with your order details and someone will reach out soon. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

Public published review 11/25/22. I placed an order with FTD on November 12, 2022 for flowers for a visitation/funeral with a scheduled delivery date of November 17, 2022. On delivery day the flowers had not arrived at the funeral home. I placed a call to a service representative who informed me that he would contact the florist handling my order and update me by phone or email on the status of my delivery, I never received an update. I called back later that day and again I was promised an update but I received nothing. I called back early the next day hoping the flowers would at least arrive in time for the funeral; no such luck. The flowers were never delivered. I eventually received a refund, but in the future as others have suggested I will contact a local area florist and arrange flower delivery directly with them, frankly because dealing with FTD is a waste of time..

FTD response

Hi Debra - We're really sorry to hear about this, and we'd love the chance to make it right. Please send an email to communitymanager@ftd.com with your order number and we will reach out.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

I received an email confirming delivery of my daughter's birthday flowers but they never got there! I called to complain so they "promised" they would deliver flowers first thing in the morning, the flowers arrived at 7 pm LOOKING HORRIBLE, only a few flowers and a DEFLATED "happy face" balloon instead of the birthday balloon I paid extra for, the bouquet was also missing the Happy Birthday topper which made me decide for this expensive one, It looked NOTHING like the picture, I will upload pictures!

So I called a 3rd time very upset and this time they said they would deliver an "upgraded" bouquet and refund my money. It's now 2 days from my daughter's birthday who is alone in Colorado while we are in California. Well, what do you know the flowers NEVER came. This company has no idea of why we order flowers and what they mean to us and the recipient, do yourself a favor and DO NOT ORDER from them. My second and 3rd call I was supposed to be talking to a manager hoping they would understand but no one listened to us. Horrible service, horrible people!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

I ordered flower for my wife's birthday. Weeks in advance I ordered these flowers. 7 pm the day of delivery and no flowers. I checked the order status several times, in progress. Called them. No flowers coming.

FTD response

We're so sorry to see this Edward. Email us your order details to communitymanager@ftd.com and we will have a team member look into it and reach out to you.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

I ordered flowers from FTD Flowers for my grandfather's funeral. I selected Oct. 22 for delivery to my grandmother's home prior to my grandfather's funeral on Oct. 25. I received an email that the delivery was scheduled for Oct. 22, but the status of the order was "Assigned to Florist." This status did not change, and I did not receive a delivery confirmation. I reached out to FTD Customer Service on Oct. 24, Oct. 26, Oct. 28, and Oct. 29th (initially using their customer service form on their website, then subsequently replying to the auto-reply email as instructed to reach assistance). My order was delivered on Oct. 29th - 4 days AFTER my grandfather's funeral (and 1 week after the original delivery date). I heard this from my family before I received a delivery confirmation email. I NEVER heard directly from customer service.

This was especially disappointing as I am almost 8 months pregnant and was not able to fly to Illinois for my grandfather's funeral, and this was my way of being present with the family on that day. If delivery prior to the funeral was not possible, I would have selected another company for flower delivery. Whether that was communicated upfront in the available delivery dates or at some point in the process. I have asked for a partial refund, but again - have not heard from the company. I do NOT recommend FTD Flowers for anyone that needs their flower delivery to occur by a specific date. I can see in the reviews, I am not only one. This company needs to fix these issues, so that they do not lose more customers. I for one will not be using their services again.

FTD response

Timing is everything Carrie- so let us help. Provide your order details to communitymanager@ftd.com and we'll reach out about this.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Ordering flowers is sometimes very time sensitive.... They need to be delivered on the day scheduled. The next day is too late. I ordered flowers, got a confirmation, then received a notification the following day that the flowers were being prepared and would be delivered that day. The flowers were NOT delivered. I received notification the following morning that they regretted not getting them delivered, and would get them there today for 10% off my purchase price. I responded it was too late, and asked for a complete refund, which they agreed to. They get one star for the refund!!

FTD response

Let's look into that for you Ken. Can you send an email to communitymanager@ftd.com with your order number so we can reach out about this?

FTD author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

FTD Company Information