1.23/5
  • 1 star
Based on 185 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

848 FTD Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

These folks not only don't honor their same day delivery, they don't care if they honor it. The "same day flowers" that I ordered on a Tuesday morning, finally arrived on Wednesday afternoon. By Saturday evening, they were completely wilted. I still have the email that I sent to them regarding the situation, along with their, couldn't care less response. HINT: 1800 FLOWERS is a better option. I used them before, and from now on, I will use them every time that I need to send flowers.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Ordering a bouquet and started the process of entering the zip code. A popup came on for a $5.00 off coupon. It requested my email address - so I entered it. When I did, the screen I was ordering my flowers on refreshed and the cost of the flowers went from $29.99 to $39.99! WTH??? Shady! Also, didn't use my Groupon coupon because of FTD's $17.99 Service Fee. What is that about?? This company is very shady!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I order flowers for my wife's birthday at the cost of about $95.00. The flowers that arrived were wilted and did not resemble the photos on the website. I called and complained and FTD said that they would replace them free of charge. The replacement flowers arrived, this time they were not wilted but also did not compare to what I had purchased. I did not call back because I decided that it was not worth my while. I just went out to the store and purchased some very lovely flowers together with some Baby's Breath and arranged the flowers for my wife which I should have done in the beginning. She was delighted and they cost me about $20. FTD and the other online flower shops do not deserve your money.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

SHAME ON ME, should have checked the reviews. They seem to pull the same crap to everyone. Ordered flowers Monday and today Wed, the day for delivery they tell me they can't make the delivery. $80.00 order and they wait till last minute to tell us. BULL, STAY AWAY. They should not be in biz at all. BAD COMPANY. FTD no longer is a good company. Wonder why they have BAD reviews. DON'T DO IT. YOU'LL BE ON THIS SITE BASHING THEM LIKE ME.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I am sitting in a funeral home, minutes away from leaving for the cemetery. The $300 spray that I lovingly ordered for my granny never showed up. Two phone calls to FTD and no one can tell me what happened to my order. First the original florist was unable to fulfill and they re-assigned it. Now they are unable to get a hold of the new florist. No one knows where the flowers are. They even had the GALL to suggest a delivery tomorrow. To a funeral home. After the funeral. Are they for real? They are not forthcoming with a refund either. I can barely deal with grief and this poor service right now - I have no words. Be advised that this company has an outsourced helpdesk, which means that your order and the heavy accent over the phone are a few thousand miles apart. Nobody seems to care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Stay away from this company! If you are expecting a nice bouquet to arrive on time- FORGET IT!!! This is year number 2 that they've shipped via UPS. So, if you are sending an item for a birthday, it won't get there until the day is OVER!!! Customer service is horrible. I don't even want to give them a star at ALL. Thanks FTD. Another ruined birthday!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I specifically used FTD to send funeral Arrangement flowers 3 days prior to the funeral. I paid extra for shipping. The night before the service FTD notified me that there was no way they could complete the delivery and there was no other florist in the area that could complete the delivery and they were sorry and could give me a refund which would credit my account in 7 days. Stay away from this place unless you just want problems.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I ordered up flowers to be delivered same day, paid Same Day pricing and they didn't get delivery until the next day. Well that's not the same as the same day because it was their birthday and they didn't receive them on time. On top of that I didn't get notified of that situation until the next day. Not even giving me the option to call a local florist and have the problem fixed. They were very deceiving in that and didn't contact me to give me a choice.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

This company allowed someone to make purchases with my stolen card info and is giving my bank a hard time and won't return my money. They say they deliver flowers. Ok so where were two flowers ordered with my card sent to. They have info that could help me figure out who is stealing from me. I'll give them 'til 14th to return my money then I'm filing a complaint.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Please DO NOT use FTD Flowers. They NEVER deliver the date you request, if you get it, numerous of lies. They need more information. They Will not contact you at all and said they tried and try offer you 10% or $10 to use them again which I did. NOTHING was delivered at this needed time, order flowers for funeral suppose get delivered Thursday. No delivery. After calling them they said they didn't have flowers but would send order to different company and call me to update. As you know no call no delivery. This company Sucks. PLEASEEEE DO NOT USE THEM.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I have used FTD in the past and have been satisfied with their service. It has been a while since I used their services, and I decided to use them last week. I found out within hours of placing the online order that I had to change the address of the person I was sending the flowers to as they had just been transferred to a hospice facility. When I called the FTD 800 number the saga began, and it slowly began to dawn on me throughout this experience that it was possible this company had outsourced to another country.

All three different women representatives I spoke to throughout my dealings with them (I detail my experience below) had such pronounced accents that I had to keep asking them to repeat what they said. I never was able to speak with another representative without the same identical heavy accent. In the background there was so much noise of other people talking that I also had trouble hearing on top of struggling with the accent. Evidently, I did something wrong on the billing/delivery address and fixing it took a monumental effort on my part.

I was told that I needed to pay a $10 rerouting fee because of changing the delivery address even though I had just placed the order just a few hours previously and because of my frustration in just trying to speak with them I agreed because I just wanted to get it all over with. Before I hung up with them I made them repeat the new address several times and was reassured the flowers would be going to the new changed address.

I got an email from UPS the next morning showing it was still going to the wrong address. This experience was starting to feel surreal. I had to call again to ask them to change it. I was frustrated beyond belief when I had to address the same billing/delivery address mistake again because they said it had been fixed on my initial call. They had to keep using military words the two times I called so they could spell the addresses and names correctly, and this was done multiple times during each call. When I checked the tracking number from UPS I was relieved and honestly surprised to see it had arrived on time to the correct address.

I found out the next day they had charged me twice for the $10 rerouting fee, but I was so done with them at that point I didn't care to get the extra $10 fee refunded to me. I was happy before because I was under the impression that FTD used local floral businesses for their services, and I wanted to keep using local American businesses, but now that it seems they've outsourced to people with very broken English and just the simplest of problems can't be solved without incredible difficulty, I will not be using this company again.

Another reason (as if the above isn't enough) I will not be using this company again is when I placed the order online I wasn't shown the delivery service fee until I had already put in my payment information. The flowers were $39.99 and the service fee was $17.99! Really?? This fee on top of the two rerouting fees gave a grand total of $77.98. No words... I have no problem speaking to competent representatives with an accent but this was way over the top and such a shame.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Everything was fine until time to checkout. The site does not keep a running total for you throughout the process. So, once you've entered your payment information, it finally shows your total which includes a "service fee" of almost the total amount of your order!!! By this time it's already processed and thanking you for your order so enjoy the gift you just got gouged on!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

One of my worst online experiences. Not only the delivery is done one day late, they lied saying that there was an attempt to deliver on time but no one was home. When an 80 years old guy do a surgery the night before and having an army of caregivers, where he will go the next day of the surgery??? Shopping!!! Also, the card was poorly written with chicken scratches as it was described to me and it took the pharmacist on the family to come and read it as is it was written from a doctor as a prescription. They charged 17$ for a service that doesn't deserve a pack of gum to **... It is horrible service and I want a whole refund to my money.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

This company took my order and assured me that the flowers would be delivered to the funeral home on time. They were not and the customer representative lied and said the funeral home gave different instructions. But I had the funeral home on the call with me and they confirmed that what FTD was saying was a lie. This company is a nightmare. Will NEVER use them again.

Resolution response: Oct. 26, 2017

Initially, had a problem with getting the bouquet we ordered for our sister in Punta Gorda, **. Florist (Peachy Keen Bouquet) delivered a substitute bouquet that we were not pleased with. But on Monday 10/23 she finally did get the original one we ordered. She loved it and we are very pleased that FTD Florists worked with us to bring this to a happy ending! Thank you very much.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

My sisters and I ordered Peachy Keen bouquet for my sister after she had a knee replacement surgery. The wrong flowers were sent to her in Punta Gorda, FL. We called FTD 3 times to complain and each time they said they would sent the correct flowers. They didn't comply 3 times. We paid $88 for a junky, cheap bouquet that looked to cost $30. I think they are scamming their customers and we will never, never use their service again. I have talked to other people and they had the same experience. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

The sender forwarded the FTD survey to me (the recipient). It was a pleasant surprise for me when I opened the door to see flowers on my doorstep. I would have been happier if the driver would have rang the bell (as I was home the whole day). Note: The vase was narrow at the bottom and wider at the top; it was placed in a small cardboard box, but it was not well padded or secured - so when I lifted the box, the vase almost tipped over! There was no water in the vase, nor were there any accompanying instructions. The flowers were very very very open - and the following day the petals began to droop and fall! I have never been so dissatisfied with an FTD order. In the past, I've enjoyed FTD flower arrangements for a week or more - these barely lasted one day!

By the way, the attached greeting card was very wet. Is it possible that the vase had tipped and lost its water during transportation? I know that the sender had used FTD in the past and I had always been highly satisfied. This time it was indeed a bad experience! I trust that you will comply with the seven-day satisfaction guarantee. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I am a customer of United Airlines and I am always buying in some stores with the purpose of earning miles. As FTD.com that Flowers sells was inside the United website and at Easter it was offering more than 1,000 miles when buying a ship to put on the dinner table. I paid for an $80 ship and it was a disappointment: small and many flowers, I did not complain because I thought I would win the miles, 6 months have passed and no mile received. And a disrespect with the consumer, you should want an indemnity for moral damages.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I received an arrangement containing roses and alstroemeria on Sept. 25th 2017. By the next day the roses had started to wilt and two days later all of them had to be thrown out. I sent an email to customer service and on the 27th of Sept. I received an automated response saying that I would hear from them as soon as possible. Today is Oct. 16 and still no response. I hate to tell the person that sent the flowers and make them feel bad but it is becoming clear that they may get a quicker response than I have.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I've never been so unsatisfied with any company's customer service than FTD. I ordered a gorgeous arrangement for my bridal flowers back in July. I scheduled them to be delivered the day before as recommended by customer service. Come 4 pm we had to leave for our rehearsal and dinner. I left a note for the delivery person to bring them to my neighbor. Come 630 my neighbor told me they still had not come. We immediately called FTD who said the florist tried calling my number which they said was "disconnected". The number was verified as being the same as "the same number I'm calling from". My phone never rang all day. I explained that I needed those flowers immediately and they would not even connect me to the florist to verify any information. They took my husband's number as an alternative and said they would call the florist.

We made arrangements to have them urgently delivered to my venue. No flowers ever showed and no contact was made by either FTD or the anonymous florist. The day of my wedding, a busy day where I have limited phone access, I got an email my order was totally cancelled. I'm so thankful for 1800flowers whose florist called me to verify all my information and to see that I would be home for delivery. And thankfully the craft store was still open for another half hour, I had JUST ENOUGH time for my bridesmaid and I to run out and make an artificial bouquet for me. I absolutely will never recommend this site, and neither will any of my guests who were all told the horror story. I'm only giving one star because I was given a full refund and a free similar arrangement because I was so desperately looking forward to those beautiful flowers. STICK TO 1800FLOWERS!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

This company has screwed up my order almost every single time. I am finished. They ruined my anniversary which I made sure to place the order 3 days prior and they promised delivery. I called 5 times the day of, speaking to people that barely spoke English and couldn't give me a straight answer. But still they promised a "by 5 pm delivery." 5:30 comes around and no delivery and all they had to say was they would upgrade the bouquet free of charge and deliver the next day. Or refund the whole order and not deliver at all. I am livid and they have permanently lost a customer. Disgusting business acumen and customer service.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

They will not let the florists cancel their memberships... They are deceptive and charge you for everything. Stay as far away from them as possible, especially when ordering flowers. They charge you 3 times what the flowers you actually get are worth... You are better off calling the local florist!!! RUN RUN RUN!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I placed an order, they guaranteed delivery. The day AFTER the delivery was supposed to happen, I received an email at 4:37 am that it didn't happen and to call them. The only reason I got the messages is because I went to the website and requested a status. This has now happened a couple of times over the last 2 years. I am done. No more FTD. I want to actually be able to call and talk to a person that has some level of accountability. There is none here. Basically, if you use them you have to put up with their crappy service and there is no accountability.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I NEVER leave reviews, but this just irritated me to the brink of writing about it to let others know to steer clear of this company. Once a year my husband buys me last minute flowers for our anniversary. So, you can imagine that when our anniversary came and went without them delivering the flowers we were both rather annoyed. They give you no tracking number to start and tell you nothing about your delivering being late. We received an email saying that they changed the order so they could deliver it to us in a timely manner.

Well, two days later I called and they weren't even close to sending it out. But that's ok because they offered 4 dollars back for the "next day" delivery fee that they weren't able to fulfill. Needless to say I went kinda postal on them but they don't seem to understand that delivery time is one of the most important things in their business. If they can't make the time people pay for then they need to be able to communicate that to the customer! But we heard nothing from them until two days after because we contacted them. Seriously if you are looking for something reliable and well worth the money then 1-800 Flowers or ProFlowers are the way to go... I would steer clear of FTD unless you have no expectations for time!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

My boyfriend sent me a gift of 2 dozen roses and a dozen chocolate covered strawberries. I received them Sept 1, 2017. The roses didn't include flower food which was stated on instructions that it was. I followed the care instructions and they still died within a week... Didn't even fully open up. The strawberries were mushy and soft on the bottom, not very edible. I sent a email to them and haven't heard one word back from them. I'm very disappointed. This was for my 50th birthday and my boyfriend spent good money for basically nothing.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I ordered flowers to be delivered on our daughter’s birthday. She has two small children and her husband was traveling out of the country, since we couldn't be there to celebrate with her I wanted her day to be special. I called her around 2:45 Central time and inquired whether they had arrived, they hadn't so I sent a message to FTD and received feedback they would email me when they knew they were delivered. At 4:45 p.m. Central time I had heard nothing so I called. They put me on hold and called the florist who claimed they had tried to deliver them and left a note in the door, they claimed they had also tried to call the recipient and left a message.

Our daughter went to her door and found a note saying she could pick up the flowers. She was home at the time of delivery attempt and has never received any calls or messages. I paid good money and a delivery fee for poor service. FTD refused to disclose the florist name to me as a purchaser so I could deal with the local company. I will not be using this organization again, they don't follow through and charge ridiculous rates for poor service. You might also think twice about using Dillon's Florist in Wichita Kansas.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

We ordered a bouquet of flowers to be delivered on 8/29/2017 in commemoration of my Dad's 1st year death anniversary. We wanted to cheer mom up. I called at 5:45 pm after learning that flowers had not been received. I was told by the FTD agent that they were delivered after being put on hold and checking with the florist. I called a second time after contacting my mom and learning that she hadn't received the flowers. The second agent informed me that the florist failed to print the order and offered to deliver the flowers the next day.

I expressed my disappointment and informed her of the reason for the flowers. I asked to have the flowers delivered for free but she laughed and offered a discount. Her supervisor was WORSE. He WAS SO RUDE AND CONDESCENDING. He asked me if I will expect free service or goods if the item was late. WHAT A DISGRACE TO THE COMPANY. I WILL NEVER EVER ORDER FROM FTD AGAIN. He spoke to me like I was beneath him. We cancelled the order.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

FTD in our small town is handled by family owned florist who gives great small town service and will help with deliveries in other states. They go out of their way to give good service and customer satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I was attempting to order a lush fabulous bouquet and unfortunately I came and trusted FTD. Oh My! What was sent was a cute bouquet. Not $100.00 worth at all. Go anywhere else for your purchase. Sadly, I didn't check reviews before ordering.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

After calling customer service the day after they were meant to deliver, they stated no one was home to accept the delivery the day before. My wife was home the day before, and we have security cameras that cover our front door, I can confirm there was no attempted delivery. Either FTD.COM lied, or whoever was delivering the flowers lied.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Very full and luxurious flower bouquets are illustrated on the website. Unless you pay for the highest price shown, that is not what you receive. And even then you can have fewer flowers than shown. However, freshness is fairly good with the flowers lasting a little over a week.

FTD expert review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs