FTD

Compare Flower Delivery

Research top Flower Delivery recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Out of town service for friends parents passing away. Ordered flowers 2 days before funeral. Used florist right from the funeral directory. I received an email on the day of delivery. They were not able to fill the order. Well I should of called the florist myself to fill the order. Then they ask if flowers can be sent to their home. If I wanted it sent to the home I would have! My family was not represented with flowers. Ridiculous service.

Funeral flowers were ordered with options for delivery either Sat or Sun. They never made it to funeral home. Had my husband not attended this funeral (1000+miles away), FTD/local Gaithersburg MD florist would have pocketed $90. I repeated asked for explanation (#calls). To date, no one has explained. I was finally told flowers were delivered to the HOME - AFTER the funeral. I had to contact the bereaved family and bother them with questions regarding flowers that completely missed the funeral event. How horrible is that? Shame on FTD and the Gaithersburg MD florist for botching this. FTD would not tell me the name of the florist so I could have merely called and addressed this. No, I had to contact a grieving family and say, "Hey, did you get those flowers that did not show up at the funeral?" Never again. Never again. No more order to FTD for me. I will be using social media to forward this.

I ordered a dish garden for $66.00 which totaled $99.00 with fees, etc. The flowers not only looked NOTHING like the picture I ordered from, they also didn't have our names anywhere... so nobody knew who they were from! The picture was lovely but the actual dish garden looked limp and "thrown together" and did not contain the plants that were in the picture. My relative who was at the funeral finally figured out who they were from by texting back-and-forth with another relative, but the funeral was nearly over by that time.

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my sister for her birthday. Ordered an arrangement from a picture and description. While I understand at times certain flowers may have to be substituted, the arrangement that delivered was NOTHING like the picture. They charged a great deal of money and sent something that looked cheap. The response from the company was "We're sorry. We'll do better next time." There won't be a next time for me. It's a shame they don't take more pride in what they do. Evidently they're just out to make money and don't care about customer satisfaction.

This order was placed through FTD and delivered on 3/2/17 by a local florist. The bouquet that was delivered did NOT look like the one I paid for. Red carnations, pale roses and lavender flower did not look like the brightly colored bouquet I obviously overpaid for. And to top it all off, the BIRTHDAY bouquet was delivered with a GET WELL SOON balloon. I paid for a Happy Birthday balloon (it is a birthday bouquet) and the kicker...this was delivered to my mother in law, who unfortunately is sick. Yes, that's right. Someone delivered a GET WELL SOON bouquet to a woman with cancer on her birthday. How nice, right?

I immediately contacted FTD for a partial refund and redelivery of correct flowers and balloon. I then contacted the local store. 5 ATTEMPTS and no one answered. I decided that if you all don't answer your phones for customers, how will I know you got the message to redeliver? So I contacted FTD again to demand full refund and just forget about the redelivery. I was put on hold for almost 20 minutes and transferred around while waiting to speak with a supervisor. I finally called FTD again from my other phone line while I was still on hold. I was then told I could not get a refund unless the local florist picked the flowers back up from her or they could reach them for negotiation. Well, no surprise...they couldn't manage to get through either. I refuse to allow to allow them to take flowers that have already been delivered. I was offered delivery of the "correct balloon" so I guess I'll take what I can get.

There are no words for how upset, disappointed and angry I am. This is completely unacceptable. I have filed numerous complaints with FTD for their horrible customer service and suggested they rethink their contract with a florist that does not answer phones, fill correct flower orders or deliver appropriate balloons. Today was someone's birthday. Someone I love. Someone that has CANCER. And she got the wrong bouquet, with the wrong balloon. And I'm out $80 for a less than stellar gift.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

My daughter's 30 birthday - had flowers delivered to her work (paid over 100.00). Attaching picture of what I thought I had ordered and photo my daughter sent me when she received them. I was so disappointed. Not wanting to spoil her day as she was grateful for anything she would get - I discretely called FTD customer service. They contacted their florist who replied that they sent exactly what was in the picture. They would not replace, but would pick them up and give me a refund. I immediately stated that "I do not want them picked up (it's her birthday), can we send her roses instead?" Thinking, how bad can you screw roses up? Well, as I was talking to the FTD agent my daughter was trying to call in.

After getting off the phone with FTD, I returned my daughter's call. As I was talking to the FTD agent the florist had returned to my daughter's work, made a big scene stating, "Your mother does not like the flowers, so we are picking them up". This happened in front of all her coworkers, on her birthday! So upsetting and embarrassing on her special day. I thought with FTD they had a guarantee you would get what is pictured. I paid extra for THE BEST to be sure it was nice. Had to make a shout out as I would hate others to experience the same fate. Unfortunately, we don't normally go to ConsumerAffairs until after a disappointment. Will not be using FTD again. Best to research on ** first, then go directly to the florist with great reviews. Then post your satisfaction. FTD will not disclose the florist they used so these partnered florists hide under the radar. BUYER BEWARE!!!

On Valentine's day I had flowers delivered to my wife's job which were delivered with some damaged and I contacted customer service the next day and the operator was nice and offered to redeliver the but I explained they were for that occasion so she said they would give me a refund but I have not received the refund she promised even after talking to her twice. So I will not be using them again unless I receive promised refund.

I ordered The FTD Exquisite Standing Spray, BEST quality. It arrived late, wet and with less than 50% of the promised flowers in bloom. My family was saddened and embarrassed. This was ordered for a family member's funeral. The funeral of a child. We can NEVER fix this! They offered us another bouquet of flowers free of charge - of course, they would likely use the flowers that were supposed to be used on our original order!!! Our family will NEVER use this company again.

Terrible service and wrong order. I ordered hydrangea with gerbera daisies, they sent 3 roses with 2 lilies and baby breath! The arrangement was $85. What they sent was worth $20 of that. And the vase was plastic. When I selected the one online it was glass with a gold strip in the middle. Well I have called and was on hold for over 2 hours and spoke to 2 different individuals with major language barrier. I WOULD NEVER ORDER from these people ever again, your best bet, contact a local florist! Save yourself the headache! Either way what they do is hire a local florist but upcharge you. So it's basically cheaper just to order locally.

Delivery was not made or lost on expected delivery date to "Place of business". I spoke to a representative on 02/14/17 who did email me with details of our discussion on phone to re-attempt delivery on 02/15/17 and provide discount on order. A discount on order was provided as expected. However, the delivery was still not received at "place of business" as expected on 02/15/17. I called FTD again and informed of non-delivery. The representative indicated the delivery was made on 02/14/17 after 9 pm to the "place of business". I discussed with representative that the place of business was closed at that time and no one was there to receive a delivery. I asked that order be cancelled for non-delivery. Representative informed a credit would be issued in 3-5 business days. My account has not yet been credited nor has any confirmation been emailed to me. Will not use FTD again.

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my friend for her birthday and they were never delivered. I called and they said they were sorry and that for sure would deliver the next day. They were never even delivered the next day so I had them cancel the order. To me this is unacceptable. Very disappointed. I would never use them again.

If I could give this company a 0 that is exactly what they deserve. I ordered my daughter in law a flower arrangement resembling a slice of cake for her birthday. She called me thanking me for the flowers. I asked her to send me a picture. I was very disappointed with this service and quality. FTD does not take pride in their customer satisfaction. This arrangement looked as if a 3rd grader was in charge. I spent $78.80 for a B.S. Arrangement. I made several CALLS everyday to FTD expressing my concerns. To this date my daughter in law have yet to receive the correct order. When individuals spend their hard earned dollars for service that's what they should receive. No excuse.

I ordered flowers of FTD.com for same day delivery. I placed the order at 9:45AM and received an order confirmation email at 9:57AM for same day delivery (by 5PM). I received an email from FTD at 1PM saying that they could not deliver the order the same day and it would be delivered the next day. I called their customer service line to find out the reason for the delay and they said that the "driver has already left" and can't make the delivery!

So order placed by 10AM for same day. To be delivered within 7 hours and 3 hours later they say the driver has left and they can't deliver on their product as advertised. Sure I can see if I placed the order in the afternoon, but by 10AM and they can't deliver??? Unacceptable!!! I WAS as gold member with FTD, I say "was" because I am canceling my membership and will NEVER order from them again. Ever! I highly recommend you use 1-800-Flowers or just call a local florist direct instead. FTD stands for "fumbles the delivery."

When the order of flowers (FTD Valentine's Day Flowers) did not arrive for my daughter, I called on 2/15 and spoke with customer service. The agent apologized and verified that the vendor was in error and should have told me of the problem. He then offered that the flowers would be sent out to arrive on 2/21 but they would also reimburse me the full amount. Well the 21st came and went and no flowers arrived. I just got off of a call again to customer service. The women who I spoke to was no help and offered no acknowledgment of their failure nor apology. I then asked to speak to a supervisor. I had to wait for 8 minutes before someone came on the line. She then offered to send the order but wanted me to pay for it. No help at all. This is my last time dealing with FTD. I used them for many years but will not be going back.

I ordered flowers to be delivered on Valentine's Day to a business and FTD guaranteed delivery by 5 pm. The delivery driver called at 7 pm to deliver after the business was closed on 2-14-17. He said he would deliver the next day. The flowers were not delivered the next day on 2-15-2017. I requested a refund on 2-15 and my order still showed "pending". I have contacted FTD five times by phone and email, still no refund. The flowers were never delivered and their customer service is horrible. DO NOT USE FTD!!

My Husband went through this terrible company to purchase me flowers for Valentine's day. I received the flowers, they looked nice enough. I took a picture and sent it to my husband to tell him thank you for the flowers. When he got home that night he was livid! The flowers that were delivered to me were NOTHING like what he ordered. The bouquet he purchased to be sent to me was beautiful and HUGE and packed with flowers mostly roses and lilies. Comparing the arrangement I got to what he ordered I could then see why he was so upset. I had 3 roses and 2 lilies in my arrangement. (Not even 1/4 the size of what he purchased.)

He called customer service that night explaining that the flowers I received were not what he ordered and asked for the correct flowers be re-delivered. The guy at customer service (Who barely spoke English) agreed to redeliver the next day. The next day came and went and no flowers were delivered. My husband called AGAIN that night demanding a refund. They instead offered a coupon for next time. (There will never be a next time) We called back 3 more times that night trying to get a refund. Each time being held on extremely LONG holds. It was a terrible experience and we will do everything that we can to make sure EVERYONE knows not to use these hacks! My husband's romantic gesture turned into a royal pain in the ass by FTD. I don't have the order number because my husband purchased them not me.

I ordered the Better Homes and Gardens Sweet Devotion arrangement and upgraded from "good" two levels to "best." Good has nine stems and best has 18. The price of the flowers was $75. I added a balloon and card totaling $89 with delivery. You can see what I got was not what was represented online and the quality is poor. When I called FTD to complain they took the side of the local florist who refused to pick up the arrangement and replace it with the correct order. It was for my sister's 50th birthday. What a disappointment. I will never order from FTD online again.

I ordered flowers for Valentine's Day, from FTD, I notified them by phone, the recipient didn't received the flowers, I asked for a refund, an e-mail for confirmation that I was going to received a refund amount of 28.41. I call repeatedly customer service I haven't received an e-mail or refund, I will never do business with FTD, it's the worst experiences and communication trying to received a refund.

I ordered flowers from a local florist to be delivered too far away for them to deliver. They called me immediately, told me to call FTD and cancel the order and call a florist closer to recipient. Ordered flowers for the person, called FTD to cancel the order. They have terrible language barrier issues, they could not find my order, ask me the same questions over and over. I did get to talk to a manager, who told me they could not find the order, call my bank and cancel the order. Long story short, cannot refund my money, no flowers delivered and they got my money, which since I did it on a bank card, they can only file a grievance to try to get some of the money back. The service is terrible and I recommend not using them. I will not ever use them.

I ordered flowers for my 80-year-old momma and they arrived at the senior center DEAD!!! They then were having new ones delivered on same day and they never arrived. This company sucks!! They should be sued and out of business. I didn't want money back. I wanted my mom and friends to have a happy day. I hope the owner of this company rot in hell!

I placed an order for FTD to deliver flowers on my colleague's birthday. They charged my credit card. I received an email stating that they could not deliver on the date of the birthday, stating they could not. They would not substitute flowers. They were very rude and unhelpful and eventually hung up on me without connecting me to a supervisor.

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my mom who was in the hospital in Mesquite, NV. The website guaranteed the flowers would be delivered the following day. By 3:30 pm that day, the flowers had not been delivered. I called and inquired about it. The man I talked to could barely speak English, so I had to keep asking him, "What did you say?" He told me he would check the status of my order and then left me on hold and never returned. I called back and tried again. Same thing! I called a third time, and they assured me the delivery would be made before the end of the day. THEY NEVER ARRIVED!

I called customer service the following day and asked them to refund my money. Again, I could barely understand the person's speech because her English was so bad. She tried to talk me into an "upgrade," but I told her that wouldn't work because my mom was being released from the hospital and wouldn't be there to receive them (she lives 30 miles from the hospital). She told me they would refund my money, but after finding all of the bad reviews on this company, I'm not holding my breath. I wish I had realized this company was a total scam before I ordered flowers from them. I will NEVER order from them again and will tell anybody I come in contact with not to do so either.

I ordered 12 long stem roses for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day. I have 2 roses left-4 days later. Not only that, they charged me $21.99 for a service fee, which was not originally in the price. I spent $50, with a Groupon discount for $15. I will never order from FTD again. Rose Farm is your best bet.

I ordered a gift from FTD.com for Valentine's Day for my wife. She works at a hospital and they were never delivered on that day. The following day I got a notice from UPS that they were told to do a shipper's release which doesn't require a signature for delivery. So the driver just left it at front door... of a hospital!!! Needless to say she never received it... worse experience ever!!

I paid extra for the flowers I purchased to get to my Wife in the morning. The flowers arrived late and not to my Wife but to the office. I told (I believe he may have been the Owner) that the delivery should go to the front of the school where the US flag was??? Maybe they don't know what the US flag looks like?? My wife loved the flowers but they definitively were not a surprise for our anniversary. The cost was $107.90. I don't know the order No.

I placed an order Jan. 23 for Valentine's delivery, no delivery. I found out the day after, Wed. I called FTD, they left a message with the florist, it will be upgraded & delivered Thursday. Thursday comes, no delivery. It's now Friday & I'm still trying to get them delivered. They're going to NYC, not someplace in the middle of nowhere. The guy this morning said he'll send another note to the florist, I said "Call another florist." I had the same problem about a month ago sending balloons to my nephew, after 4 days I said "Forgot it. Give me my money back," by then the balloons would be half dead. 1-800-Flowers will now be getting my business.

I ordered flowers on 2/13/17 to be delivered on 2/14/17. They were never delivered. I call on 2/15/17 and spoke to a gentleman that apologized for the mistake and stated they had experienced complaints with the vendor they had chosen for the order. He further stated he would cancel that order and place with another vendor in the area and that he would call back to confirm. No call back.

The next day I called again only to get someone in India who turned out to be no more than a call center that had no information whatsoever. All they did was relay information. They too said someone would call me back but no one called. Today, I called to cancel the order that was supposed to be delivered 3 days ago and once again I get a message taker in India. They wanted all of the information all over again even though I gave them a reference number which meant nothing. I finally got frustrated and called my credit card company to dispute the charge. I would never do business with this company again!

I went online to buy flowers (Faithful Blessings Bouquet) for my friend's mom's funeral. The flowers were wilted and the leaves looked like bugs ate them. I am very disappointed and called when I got home from the funeral home. They said they would have someone call me which never happened. They do not care about their customers! Never again will I purchase flowers or recommend them. I have pictures.

My husband is overseas. He ordered me flowers for Valentine's Day. They were not delivered on 2/14/17. On 2/15 I called customer service and was told by the supervisor that I would be refunded for the cost (100%) and they would still deliver the flowers on 2/15, however they were never delivered. I called customer service on 2/16, in the morning, and again in the evening. Both times I was told the supervisor was not available. I was placed on hold and no one ever answered. I would submit a formal complaint to the BBB, however FTD is not accredited with the BBB. This lack of service is unacceptable. We will never use FTD again.

My mom died and my best friends sent me flowers and a vase. They were in full bloom upon arrival and dead the next morning. It also happened to be the week of Valentines so my husband also sent a dozen roses. I called 3 times and spent 2 hours with customer service in Asia. English wasn't the second language. After verifying my name and address 15 x and explaining the situation to someone that didn't understand or speak English I just hung up. My god who has this much time. Very frustrating I will be calling my friend to get a refund and telling my husband to never use them again. Way to go FTD using customer service outside of the US with people that don't understand English.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.
  • International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.
  • Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.
  • Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.
  • Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.
  • Best for significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Compare Flower Delivery