2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

FTD is a floral and gifts company that operates in the U.S. and Canada. The company has one of the largest networks of florists — customers can choose from more than 30,000 floral shops across the globe and receive same-day shipping services from in-network florists.

FTD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Same experience as so many others have reported. The flowers did not arrive when they were supposed to - even though marked as delivered. That was day before Thanksgiving. I called at 4:30 pm (when they said it had been delivered) and they promised me delivery by noon next day (Thanksgiving). Didn't arrive. I called again and they promised me by 2 pm. Nothing happened. I called again, asked to speak to a supervisor who said probably no florist was available for delivery on Thanksgiving.

If I had been told that the day before I still could have gotten flowers on my own. They apologize over and over, reading from a script. They keep promising an upgrade. They lie. Oh - and please don't respond to this by saying 'we don't want you to be disappointed'. There used to be a reputable company with this name which is why I used them. Clearly it has changed to a sleazy company that very often doesn't deliver (judging by the reviews of others). They still told me yesterday (Thanksgiving day), "Oh don't worry, we'll deliver them tomorrow with a free upgrade." I told them they do me no good the day after Thanksgiving. I have cancelled the order, better not be charged. They are a fraud company. Wish I had thought to check out the reviews first!

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Pauline. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Just like all the other reviews. Took my money, promised next day delivery and no show. No communication, when I called at end of day that’s when I was told “Could not secure a local florist”. Okay fine, I can appreciate that. They couldn’t let me know so I could go elsewhere?? But it gets better, they offered to send flowers in a box, arrangement of their choosing a week late. The heck with FTD. There are other options out there.

FTD response

We sincerely apologize and would like to look into this. Please email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com. Thank you.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I ordered a plant for my sister's memorial service 4 days in advance. On the day of the service I received a text that the plant was out for delivery. One hour before the service I received a call that they were unable to fill my order and would I like to have them deliver a floral arrangement instead or wait till the plant was in stock and have it delivered. I will never again use this service as this is 3 orders in a row they have either changed from what was ordered or never delivered. This was last straw.

FTD response

We sincerely apologize and would like to look into this Melissa. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I placed an order of birthday flowers for my mother in law. I get a confirmation email that they will arrive the following Saturday. I paid for shipping and everything. She never received them. I called FTD, and kept getting a runaround about "they will leave a message with the florist". I called them 3 different times that day, and kept getting the same answer. The next day was her actual birthday, and still did not receive them. FTD kept giving me the runaround. Finally, they said the driver dropped the vase and broke everything, and they could not replace it until later in the week. THIS WAS UNACCEPTABLE! I understand people have accidents, I get it. But to tell me, you cannot replace it until later in the week, UNACCEPTABLE! I WILL NEVER USE FTD services again, and their Customer Service is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Darla. Could you email the order number and your contact information here to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

November 2020 - upon the sudden death of my brother. I placed an order with FTD for flowers to be delivered for my brother's viewing and funeral. After receiving confirmation of the order, several hours later I get an email stating they (FTD) could not deliver the flowers by the date I needed. I had to cancel the order. I went searched online and found ProFlowers (not realizing that they were part of FTD), so because of my first experience I decided to phone them first to see if they could deliver. Over the phone I was assured and promised that yes, the flowers could be delivered and they would arrive on time on the date needed. So I went ahead and placed the order with them which was confirmed by email stating delivery.

Wow, was I shocked to receive another email stating that they too could not deliver the flowers. It was then that I realized that they were with FTD too. By now it was too late to do anything more. So there were no flowers from myself and the brothers and sisters of the deceased; we were not able, because of Covid, to travel to the funeral. I am amazed at the poor service of such a supposedly reputable company.

FTD response

We sincerely apologize Penny. If there's something we can do please email us here at communitymanager@ftd.com

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

These people are scam artists. I will never do business with them ever again!!! First they screwed up my flower order and refused to fix it. Horrible. Second I was supposed to receive United Mileage Plus points as a part of this order. They told me I needed to wait 6-8 weeks to receive those points. What that means is they are confident that in 6-8 weeks I will have forgotten about it, they have no plans to give me what they promised. So it has been over 9 weeks since the order was delivered and I called them. I asked what third world country I was calling and they refused to tell me.

Understand this, I don't care what country I call, I only want them to be competent and I need to understand them. Neither was available. I could barely understand some woman who told me I needed to wait another 6-8 weeks to get my points. I asked to to talk with a supervisor, Carlos and Carlos was even harder to understand, barely intelligible, just barely. He told me the same thing. Horrible people who I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH AGAIN!!!

FTD response

We can certainly look into this for you Eugene. Please email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I ordered an 'Exquisite' sized 'Best Day Bouquet' arrangement for my daughter's baby shower for delivery 17th October. We are in the UK and very sad we were unable to attend the celebration. I selected the largest arrangement at $85 (plus handling and taxes) but the flowers that were delivered certainly weren't the showcase display I expected from the image on the website. There was not the same number of stems or variety of flowers. The flowers certainly weren't worth what was paid. Even more disappointingly, the company have NOT responded to my comments by the email address I was issued. I WOULD NOT recommend this company in future.

FTD response

We sincerely apologize Karen and would like to help. Please email the order number along with your contact information here to communitymanager@ftd.com. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I have recently used FTD for a birthday delivery. I tried them last year and the delivery got there a week late. This time I ordered 4 days early and the delivery made it two days late again and only got there because I made 3 calls pushing them to do what I paid 90$ for! I will NEVER use them again!

FTD response

We definitely don't want you to be disappointed Maria. Please email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

In a nutshell, my five experiences contacting customer service in three different ways was totally unacceptable. My flower delivery was three days late, but the money had cleared my account. During those three days I was promised five times that someone would get back to me. Not once did that happen. The flowers, which were delivered three days late and after business hours, were gorgeous, which is about the florist, not the FTD service. I will contact the florist directly next time and skip this nightmare.

FTD response

We sincerely apologize Sharon. Please email the order number and your contact information here to communitymanager@ftd.com

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I placed an order on 10/15 before noon for flowers to be delivered today, 10/16 for Boss Day from the team I work with. I thought at the least they would make the delivery cut-off time by 8pm PDT. By 8:10pm I still did not receive confirmation that the flowers were delivered. I called FTD’s toll free number which connected me to what sounded like an overseas answering service reading off of a script. I informed the representative that the flowers were not delivered yet. I was then told that they will attempt to contact the florist to see if the delivery was still en route and if not would it be okay to deliver tomorrow, 10/17 and they would inform the florist to add more flowers to the arrangement at no charge. I was told that they would follow up with a call or email. It’s 9:33pm and still no confirmation that an attempt was even made. No words can truly express my disappointment!

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Jeanette. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

FTD author review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team