1.30/5

1102 FTD Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 20, 2019

My last two orders have been terrible. I have been a gold member for several years and until recently have been very satisfied. In February, flowers were delivered in frozen state and never bloomed and died in a couple days. I was sent a replacement set that were beautiful. Today's order never arrived after receiving an email that the flowers were delivered. Either my wife or I were also home all day. When I called customer service I was told that the delivery person took them back to the shop because there was no answer. I have a doorbell camera and was home, the driver never came or went to the wrong house. How can you send me a email that the flowers were delivered then? After speaking with a supervisor allegedly more flowers are going to be added to the arrangement that may come tomorrow. This is totally unacceptable. I doubt I will be usually or recommending FTD in the future.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 19, 2019

I tried to use FTD's link to discover ETA 3 times. Never got communication. Wasted all afternoon waiting. When I called customer service, connection was terrible and representative's accent was so thick as to be unintelligible. So I can't tell what he was telling me. Flowers left on front porch without call or email. By this time, I was anticipating problems, so I kept checking the porch. I can't prove it, but I think I was not given what I paid for. I paid for the most expensive of the 3 options and this doesn't look like that. I was planning on ordering 3 arrangements in June, but I like the people I'm giving the flowers to. So, I'd rather go to the supermarket or Trader Joe's and get loose stems. Just as pretty. Less aggravation. Will never use FTD again.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Janet. Could you email the order number and your contact information to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com?

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Their service was good overall, but they delivered the flowers for my friend's father's funeral on the wrong day. I gave them a specific time and day. When I asked them what happened, they blamed the florist and the funeral director. If they were going to make any changes, they should have confirmed with me first. I am very upset.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Annie. Would you be willing to email the order number so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

Original review: April 16, 2019

I ordered the most expensive version of this birthday arrangement. I paid over $140 in total. What was received looked nothing like what I ordered. When I complained they said that a replacement would be sent. Nothing was sent. When I complained a second time they did not answer me at all. I feel totally used. This was a horrible experience. I will never use them again.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Kathy. Could you email the order number and your contact information to us?

Original review: April 13, 2019

Think twice before ordering from FTD. I ordered the “BEST” version of the Sweet Surprises bouquet for my grandma’s birthday. What was delivered was WRONG. Not even close. Wasted $85. Will not order from FTD again.

FTD response

We definitely don't want you to be disappointed Shantay. Could you email the order number and your contact info so we can help?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: April 13, 2019

I ordered a beautiful arrangement for my daughter as a Thank You for a wonderful trip she took me on. I ordered the deluxe version which was about 15-16” tall. She received a 7” version completely different from what I ordered. I called, they could not even find the order. I filled out an email form and received an email backing stating how sorry they were and would give me 40% off my next order! Really, no thank you. I sent an email back and if don’t get a refund I will call my credit card company and tell them to dispute the charges. They just can’t continue to treat customers this way! I paid the charges in good faith and to me this is not only False Advertisement on their part but they are taking my money knowing that they are unable to fulfill the order correctly.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this. Would you be willing to email the order number so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

Original review: April 13, 2019

Absolutely awful experience. Tries to send a fruit basket as a thank you to my aunt and uncle during a difficult time in my life. They advertised the fruit basket for $30. They then tacked on a $3 and then a $19.99 fee without telling me until I completed the order without realizing. To clarify, that's over half the price of the "item" for "shipping/service" fees whatever that means. I called right away to cancel and refund because they are 1) false advertising 2) taking advantage of customers 3) lying 4) exploiting the system and a business people need and use when they are in pain or having troubles.

How awful a company model do you have to be to try to charge customers the price x over 1/2 the price for what's probably something that probably won't live up to the picture? Also the woman who refunded me on the phone thought it was an international order to try to justify the $24 extra fee (again on an item that allegedly cost $30) and it wasn't international. It was right in the US. I will never use this company again and I hope they go out of business ASAP for their corrupt and deceitful business practices.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2019

Ordered two plant & flowers baskets to show our sympathy spending over $100.00. I didn’t expect the baskets to look identical but the sample had four different plants and then some flowers and at least one I sent had three plants total and a big pink bow for filler. Not near as big and didn’t even compare to the picture. I'm assuming the other one I sent was probably the same. I sent a message to the florist who sent the arrangement with no response. Sent a an email to FTD also and it asked if I’d like a response back which I said yes and still not a word. I should’ve known after reading the hundreds of awful reviews. Photos are what is was supposed to look like and two photos of what was sent. Will never ever use FTD again!!

FTD response

We certainly don't want you to be disappointed Lori. Could you please email the order number so we can help?

Original review: April 9, 2019

On 4/1/19 a $30 order for flower delivery was charged to my card. Nobody in my family called to place this order. I called to have the charges reversed, and they wouldn't allow me to reverse the charge until I confirmed my account or order. When I asked to speak with a manager, I was hung up on.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this. Please email your contact information to us.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 8, 2019

Ordered Flowers on Thursday 04 April scheduled for delivery on 06 April. Got a e-mail stating unable to complete order. Call and spoke with supervisor who promised delivery on 07 April by 0900AM. Called to confirm delivery and was told that not able to complete order and was told they are sorry and would refund my money but this is the worst experience I have had with FTD. I will never use this company again and I hope that others will read this review and think long and hard about using this company. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

FTD response

We're so sorry David. Could you email the order number and your contact information so that we can look into this?

Original review: April 6, 2019

We ordered flowers on Friday around 1 PM. They were supposed to be delivered the same day. Saturday at 10:30 AM, we were notified that they would not deliver our order. They did not even contact us the day we ordered the flowers to let us know. That is totally unacceptable. Here we thought the flowers had already been delivered. Customer beware… You may not get your flowers delivered. Totally unacceptable! When I called to talk to a manager I was totally blown away. The only thing she had to tell me is, "We will refund the service fee." Really... I am not sure why she thought she could keep any of the money, when we didn't receive any product or service. I think that speaks volumes for the type of business this is.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Brenda. Would you be willing to email the order number so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

Original review: April 5, 2019

I will never use FTD again. You need to fix your problems prior to offering same day service. I called to request the time my arrangement would be delivered as I spent most of the day waiting for it. I spoke with someone whom could not speak clear English. After a struggling conversation I understood that my arrangement would be delayed as there was a problem with the items not being in stock. Since I was assured that my order was coming the next day.

I waited most of the next day without my order being delivered. I called again and spoke with someone whose English skills were even worse than the first person. All I got from this conversation was that my order had not been started yet. Subsequently because I couldn't get any answers I cancelled the order. I have never been treated so poorly by a supposedly established company. For your reference my order number was **. I would be very surprised if you have many future orders at all.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Katherine. Could you email the order number and your contact information to us?

Original review: April 5, 2019

The flowers delivered were so embarrassing I had to call and apologize. FTD did send a new arrangement and refunded my delivery cost...but still defeats the purpose of the flower bouquet sentiment. I wish I could post a picture...it is so sad!

FTD response

We're sorry to hear about this Monica. If there's anything more we can do please email the order number and your contact information to us.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 4, 2019

I am extremely angry and upset because my order that I placed for flowers yesterday was not filled and delivered to my mom for her birthday. This is beyond terrible and disappointing. When I called customer service the representative said, "We are sorry it was not delivered. What would you like? We are sorry it didnt get filled". I'm so angry because NO ONE contacted me to tell me the order wouldn't be filled. If someone let me know I would have ordered the flowers from somewhere else. From a florist who would have delivered them to my Mom on her birthday.

I have used you guys numerous times in the past but this is an occasion that has been ruined for me. I don't live in Canada. I live in the USA and was depending on your service yesterday as you promise. However I am extremely disappointed and now my Mom sits there with no flowers from her daughter. I wish I knew I would have used a local florist who would have got the flowers to her. The worst birthday surprise ever for my Mom who had such a tough year. Thank you for ruining her special day. All I heard was, "We are sorry we will credit your account and please use our service again." An extremely disappointed customer.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Nabila. Please email the order number to us.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 31, 2019

After choosing the perfect floral arrangement to send to my mom for her retirement, the Groupon code I entered at checkout was not accepted because it was "expired or already used", even though I'd purchased it just minutes prior. Live chat support said the code was showing up as valid on their end, but could not help me, so I called to place the order over the phone. Just before placing the order, I was told the flowers could not be delivered on Friday, but could be delivered on Thursday. I didn't want them delivered Thursday because the whole point is to deliver them on my mom's last day of work--Friday. When I asked why they couldn't deliver them on Friday, the representative simply said "I don't know." After spending entirely too much time trying unsuccessfully to place the order, I decided to go elsewhere and refund my Groupon. When I told the phone representative this, I was not even offered an apology.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Ashley. Could you email the order number and your contact information to us?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 30, 2019

I ordered flowers for a good friend father's viewing and funeral. On the day of the viewing I got an email saying they had missed the viewing. I called customer service number and was assured that the flowers would be delivered for the funeral. On the day of the funeral after the actual funeral I got an email saying they needed the address of the funeral home. This is ridiculous as I ordered the flowers from the website of the funeral home. FTD totally dropped the ball on a very important event. DO NOT USE FTD IF THE DELIVERY OF THE FLOWERS IS IMPORTANT TO YOU.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Al. Please email the order number to us.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Do NOT order from FTD. They will not return your customer service emails. I ordered an extra large arrangement for $127 and it should have been white with pink and blush tones. Hydrangea and roses and small touches of greenery were featured as the photo. I understand that sometimes substitutions must be made, but the arrangement my loved one received, whose husband is dying of stage four cancer, was orange and yellow. And by the way... She hates the color orange. Which I knew ahead of time. I have emailed customer service twice with pictures and my order number on 3/12 and 3/19 and have not heard back. Today is 3/24. This company is unprofessional. And I will share my experience with anyone who will listen.

FTD response

We certainly don't want you to be disappointed Lauren. Could you please email the order number so we can help?

Original review: March 22, 2019

It was a special moment in my friend life. I was surprising her with a bouquet of flowers. Spoke directly to FTD and instructed them to leave them at her desk as she wouldn’t be in until later. Instead the delivery wasn’t left then they went ahead and called her to inform her she had flowers. Way to ruin a surprise. Customer service didn’t really care they ruined the surprise. They instead read off the same script.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Chris. Please email the order number to us.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 22, 2019

I ordered a bouquet from here. The flowers came the next day just like I wanted and they looked great. However I ordered one that had a unique red vase, the one I received was just a cheap looking clear one with red food coloring in the water. Fairly disappointing. They didn't even say they didn't have it and needed to substitute or anything. Just did it without a word.

FTD response

We definitely don't want you to be disappointed Brent. Could you email the order number and your contact information to us so we can help?

Original review: March 18, 2019

On 3/2/2019 I ordered a bouquet of flowers, online via a local florist, to be delivered by 3/5/2019. There were some weather issues in the Midwest at that time so I didn't think anything of it when the flowers weren't delivered that day (3/5/2019). Over a week later the flowers still were not delivered. I emailed the local florist where I had submitted my online order for some information, ie tracking number. I was given the tracking number and tracking information stopped on 3/5/2019 in KY; delivery was to be in WI.

After checking the tracking number and saw the delivery stopped there I called the florist and in turn they called FTD. FTD advised them. There was an issue of some sort (nothing specific provided to the florist) and they just stopped the delivery. They did not call the florist to advise of the issue, they just stopped delivery. Just stopped the delivery! How can you do that?!? You have someone waiting for a floral arrangement to be delivered and you just don't do it? You feel it is acceptable to just stop the delivery without notification. It is not. The florist advised they have been having problems with FTD and is in the process of finding another delivery service. Can't say I blame them. In my option, I would never, ever use or suggest FTD delivery services. They have absolutely awful customer service and obviously don't care about customer satisfaction.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Kimberly. Please email the order number and your contact information to us.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I paid extra for a larger bouquet but when it was delivered it was not “Lush and Full” and did not resemble the picture I picked. It had similar flowers but mostly greenery. It was for a special occasion and I was totally disappointed in the end product. I have notified the company 3 times in the past 2 weeks and no one has responded, except for the automatic email saying they will send my comments to the right department and contact me. They say on their site that Customer Service is 24/7. I find them not responding to a customer such poor service. If you want something big and beautiful, like one of their sample pictures, I would advise not ordering from FTD.

FTD response

We're committed to making this better Carla. Would you mind sending the order number and your contact information to us?

Original review: March 18, 2019

My sister passed. I ordered flowers. I received notice that they would be delivered. Next day, after the funeral, I received notice that the flowers were not delivered because there was not a supplier in the area. I don’t think anything can be any worse than this. Heart broken.

FTD response

We're so sorry for your loss Ray. Please email the order number and your contact information to us if there's anything we can do to help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 16, 2019

I ordered FTD flowers straight off of their website and paid extra for same day delivery and paid their $20 "service" fee and tax. They DID NOT deliver the same day as promised. I called them in response to the email telling me that they did not deliver and got somebody with a heavy accent in another country who I had to keep asking to repeat what he said because I could not understand him. He repeated "We apologize..." in front of EVERY sentence. He made no sense, had no explanation just kept saying "we apologize". VERY ANNOYING. I will never use FTD again since they do not do what they say then I had to spend 20 minutes trying to understand somebody who can only say "We apologize". Pathetic service to pay for same day delivery and not get it and not get any explanation.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Linda. Would you be willing to email the order number to us so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

Original review: March 15, 2019

Placed order for flowers that was time sensitive. I pay extra to belong to their club. Had to choose flowers based on zip code and placed order that I got confirmation on. Flowers never arrived. Went back and found another email telling me they could not fulfill their obligations which they billed me for. All found out when it was too late to make other arrangements so major problems. Called customer service. Barely spoke English. Refused supervisor unless I gave info on person getting flowers to include their phone. They refused to help even having order number and my membership info. Thankfully my credit card company is helping me. Will use someone else. Be aware.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Jeffrey. Please email the order number to us.

Resolution response: March 16, 2019

Update to my previous review on FTD. Had ordered flowers for my daughter's birthday from FTD. The bouquet arrived at a good time (1.30 in the afternoon). This is definitely a positive sign. The flowers are not of the best or freshest quality but that is more a problem of the local florist and not of FTD.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I live in the Greater Toronto Area, Canada. Last year I had ordered flowers for my wife's birthday (a week before). When the arrangement never arrived, I called them and was told that they were having difficulties with finding a florist to deliver in my area (and this is the 5th largest city of Canada, in the Greater Toronto Area). This year I ordered through them again for my wife on Valentine's day, 4 days in advance (note: I am a FTD Gold Member). Upon return from work at 6 pm, finding nothing was delivered yet, I called them.

The customer service rep was not apologetic and instead replied that they had until 9.30 pm to deliver. The order did get delivered at around 9 pm. I just find it ridiculous that an order of flowers for Valentine's day will be delivered at 9 pm. I asked to be connected to a manager but they did not have time to talk to me, so I told the CSR that I would leave a feedback online since I could not reach anyone in management to voice my concern with.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 13, 2019

I’m very disappointed in FTD. Poor customer service! I ordered a birthday bouquet for my Nana’s birthday. The order was placed the day before. I called them at 6:30 pm the day of delivery to check the status of the delivery, only to be informed that there was a discrepancy in the delivery and the bouquet would not be delivered until the following day. If I hadn’t called, they had no intentions of informing me that there was a delay. They offered 50% off, which was an insult to me. It was a special gift for a special person, and I wanted it to be delivered on her special day! I will never use FTD again!!! Did not order from this unreliable company!

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about your experience Wende! Would you mind emailing the order number to us so we can find out what happened?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 11, 2019

I am so disappointed in the arrangement that was sent to my niece's family for her funeral. We spent over 80.00 on the arrangement only to discover it was not even 18" tall, all three of the white roses were wilted and browned on the outer petals, the lilies were small, not full as they should have been and all of it was stuffed poorly into a small blue vase that was probably purchased at the local Dollar Store. What a waste of money. My five year old could have put together a better arrangement with dandelions. Thinking about calling to dispute charges on my credit card as what was delivered was not what was ordered.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this. Could you email the order number and your contact information to us?

Original review: March 7, 2019

My husband recently got a huge promotion and as a thank you for my support he ordered a cheerful bouquet as a thank you. I was so excited and surprised when the florist pulled up to the house but was shocked at what she handed me as my husband is never one to skimp. He could have easily picked up a nice bouquet at the grocery store for a quarter the price that would have been as nice. It was such a sweet gesture but I knew he’d be so disappointed that any joy I might have gotten was replaced with guilt over knowing his intention (not a feeling you should get when receiving flowers). When he got home he was SHOCKED and furious (not the feeling you want to have after spending money on a loving gesture). He asked me to throw it out so he didn’t have to look at it but I don’t have the heart to do it so I guess it will sit as a reminder not to order FTD arrangements again.

FTD response

We're sorry you were disappointed Shawn! Please email the order number and your contact information to us if there's anything we can do to help.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I ordered the Simply Gorgeous Bouquet yesterday before 2 pm, and my Mom received her fresh birthday bouquet of flowers around noon today; she was beyond happy and literally in tears. Thank you so much for making her day extra special. I will definitely order again in the future!!! PS: I wish there was a way I could attach the picture of her flowers.

FTD response

We're so happy your mom loved her fresh blooms Anatolia!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 6, 2019

Never once did the representative offer to look into why despite receiving a confirmation that the flowers I had ordered the day before were delivered, there was no sign of the flowers. All I was offered was a refund or a next day delivery - when they would not mean anything. Hours later a driver arrived at my daughter's house, practically threw a substitute bouquet at her, and left without a word. Use a small local flower shop - this company is not trustworthy and is not guided by principle of promise.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Lorne. Would you be willing to email the order number to us so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

FTD expert review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs