1.38/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

997 FTD Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I ordered a basket of flowers for my wife’s birthday on Thursday for delivery for Saturday. Four days later, the flowers have still arrived. I had to call customer service to inquire what happened. They never contacted me. They had excuses that the local florist did have the irises, and therefore did not deliver the basket. No one ever contacted me and I have called them four times. FTD is very poor on communication. I am disappointed that my wife never received my gift.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

How many times do you have to allow yourself to be a disappointed by a company that fails to deliver to your loved ones? This is the third time they have failed to deliver. This time they failed to deliver to my mother for her 79th birthday. Previously, they failed to deliver to my wife and my granddaughter. They didn't even try to call me and advise they couldn't deliver from the florist they chose.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I placed an order the day before my friend's birthday. The flowers never arrived. I called that evening and I was told they were “delivered” but sometimes that means nobody was home. Nobody left a delivery notice on her door, nobody called her or me. The next day FTD said they would leave instructions to leave them at the door. She comes home from work. They still aren’t there. I called FTD several times, every time they claim to be on the truck arriving in 5-10 minutes. 7:15 PM rolls around and still nothing has arrived. They agree to refund me and admit the flower shop never got back to them. All of a sudden at 7:30 the flowers arrive. They are similar colors but nothing close to the amount of roses in the “luxury” arrangement I paid for. Do yourself a favor and call a local flower shop. FTD is useless and flower shops have no shame ripping you off since they don’t have to face you!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Ordered flowers on Sunday around 12pm for same day delivery. First time ordering from FTD. My order processed with no issues. The order was never delivered. I called the next day and was told that the local florist had a cutoff before noon for same day delivery. Nowhere did it say that when I ordered and it allowed my order to go through. If there was a cutoff and I was ordering after it, why would it allow me to complete my order?

Monday afternoon FTD called me to let me know that the florist attempted delivery earlier that day. They also told me that the florist tried calling the number listed for the recipient. This was not true as I put my number as the recipient and received no call from anyone. FTD told me that they would issue me a refund for the same day fee, which they did but they also told me they would give me an upgrade to my order. I didn't receive it. The order was finally delivered on Tuesday night around 6. It didn't look anything like the picture listed. Very disappointed with FTD.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

The flower count was correct. The flower types were acceptable. But the flowers were small, brown, and wilted. I paid $90 for trash. When I called CS, they offered to bring me replacement flowers, but flowers the day after an occasion do not compensate for garbage on the day of the occasion. FTD will not get any further business from me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

The flowers were delivered on the day they were supposed to and they got the vase and kinds of flowers close to what was used in the picture, but the size and number of flowers was way off. I paid a lot for their "best" category and my mom got sometime closer to their lowest category of good. The pictures on their website are beautiful, but that's not what you get. You basically get a stripped down version of what they show you and I would hate to see what "good" would have looked like if the "best" showed up looking like the "good". Not worth the money at all. I feel scammed. I emailed customer service and not even one response. Unusual for a company that claims "Love it, or we'll make it right."

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Ordered a beautiful bouquet to be delivered to my mom on her birthday. They arrived on schedule but the arrangement was missing several of the pictured flowers and was sparse, sad and looked cheap and unattractive. It was embarrassing for both me and my mom and turned what should have been a lovely surprise into a very disappointing and awkward situation. FTD is issuing a credit, but despite that, I will NEVER order a thing from them in the future.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I ordered a flower arrangement, for delivery to a funeral home. While the flowers were timely delivered, the arrangement was nothing like the picture on the website. It was much smaller and had fewer flowers. Very cheap looking. I will never use FTD again.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Ordered flowers for sister's 75th birthday. They were simply left on the porch for her to happen to find 4 days early. FTD said they would make it right and have them redelivered on the correct date. As of 7 pm no flowers. Was told by customer service rep to wait to 9 pm. Why not tell me, "Maybe they will get there at 11:59 pm." Ridiculous. The day is over. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. Will never use FTD again.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I ordered flowers from FTD for my mother’s birthday to be delivered on her birthday. Upon ordering from the website and specifying that date, the website showed that they would be delivered that day and in the email I received also said that they would be delivered that day. The flowers did not arrive. I called customer service and I was told that the flowers are being sent by UPS and would not be there for two more days. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I have used several flower companies to deliver if I can't take them to someone locally and have never had an issue. I purchased a $50 arrangement (full and lush) + $15 shipping. My friend got them and sent me a picture and thanked me and all I could do was apologize for the embarrassing arrangement. I was mortified. It looked nothing like the picture AT ALL. The picture advertised showed 7 pink daisies, 5 roses, these blue summer flowers, long stem blue flowers and some greenery. She got 3 roses 2 pink flowers of some sort that were falling dead and greenery. It didn't even look close to the cheapest arrangement they offered. I was so angry.

I sent two emails to the company and never heard back. I ended up calling and the lady told me she would call the local florist and have them make it look more like the photo... so what were they doing before? She said she spoke with the florist and they said my friend would need to leave the previous arrangement out so it can be exchanged for the new one. EMBARRASSING but I asked my friend to do so which she did. The florist said they would make it more full and have more flowers.

I asked the FTD employee was it not in question what they were doing the first time they made the arrangement because it was a very clear that no effort or time was put into this. She just said I'll have them send a new arrangement and kept repeating back to me that I was not happy and the arrangement only had this and that in it. My friend did get the new arrangement the next day and it did look a little better but I still have yet to hear back from the company. I will never use FTD again.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I would never, ever order flowers from FTD again. Stay away from this horrible company. My $50.00 arrangement ended up costing me $110 on my credit card with no explanation from FTD. The total cost with tax and delivery should have been around $78 but my card was charged $110. No one from FTD will acknowledge or answer my repeated emails. Thankfully there are other flower shops, in future, I will order from a local, small independent shop owner and stay away from this nonsense. Lesson learned.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I ordered flowers last night to be delivered today. I got an E-mail confirmation at 3:30 that they have been delivered and waited from a phone call from my S.O. to tell me that she loved them. The phone call never came. I then called them and they told me that "sometimes they mark it delivered before they deliver them." and to wait until 8:00pm and then call back. I call back at 9ish and she told me that they were delivered and signed for (they were not) and to wait until Monday for an E-Mail. They would "keep me posted". She really didn't seem to care or to want to help me, it was all what she could not do for me. Now I have to go through the fraud department with my bank and that is not at all how I planned for this interaction to go.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I have used FTD for years and paid for a gold membership over a year ago. Today I found out that they didn't deliver flowers for my mom's birthday. I ordered the flowers a week in advance and received an immediate email confirmation that they would be delivered. They were supposed to deliver on Friday and even sent a confirmation email on Friday that they were on their way. Little did I know that they later sent an email saying, "Oops - we couldn't deliver your flowers today...please try something else."

They have my phone number. Why don't they call for something like this? Do they not realize how important the order was to me? You would think - this is their business for a reason - to make people smile and touch their hearts...right? If I had known, I could have ordered something else that would get there in time, but unfortunately, I trusted them and their emails. When I called them, they said, "Oh - we are sorry. We will cancel your order and charge you for something else..." Okay? What? That is what you offer me? To charge me for something else? You lost a long time customer today FTD.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Yesterday I ordered flowers from what seemed to be a highly rate online flower service called FTD which was featured on Groupon. I went with this company because I had partial credits from Groupon while the remaining balance of about $40 went on my MasterCard. Yesterday when I placed the order on July 29, 2018 the website accepted the order and indicated no concerned with the delivery date being today for a funeral viewing. The viewing was only for 3 hours from 9am–11am this morning as God bless my best friend’s mom passed away about 2 weeks ago to cancer. I arranged the flowered to be delivered by 9:30 am this morning, it was clearly indicated what the occasion was for regarding the flower deliver also evident by the message associated with the delivery. The company confirmed my order this morning 7/30/2018 AT 6:02am.

Then the unimaginable happened at 10:58 smack in the middle of me getting ready for work I receive an email stating they need further address information, now I am thinking how can this be? So the order went through, I clearly provided the address of deliver with post code, phone number and closest intersection. Furthermore the company also had my contact information as well. After waiting 20 minutes for a representative the company confirms the order has not yet been delivered because the first florist declined the order at 8am due to stock and the second assigned florist did not have enough time to process the order (keep in mind delivery was 9:30 am – so not a call or an alternative delivery time just an email hours later). Outraged by this information by verbally displaying my level of disgust the company representative was laughing and smirking and this could be heard through the phone.

At this point I request a cancellation because my order serves no purpose furthermore I call the company out on not contacting me regarding this in a more timely manner as my delivery was set for 9:30 am the representative responds ,"Well we emailed you…" Yeah at 10:58am!!! The company then offered to call the family of the decease to apologize… that is the last thing I want at this time, if I can't even trust you to do you sole job and deliver flowers now why would I want you to cause the family more distress by calling after the fact when maybe just maybe they can seem the slightest bit of peace given the events followed today. I have since contacted Groupon to request no further networking with the merchant as that is unacceptable and I do not feel they should be associated with promoting such a company… I am yet to receive an answer but the current wait period from their customer service is 48 hours.

Honestly the company FTD acronym should just stand for fake transportation services, I do not know why the company would have done this maybe overall they wanted to try and squeeze some more money out of the CC by a possible scam of rejecting to order another item of greater value? I do not really know at this point. I am hoping this can be out to the public eye because I do not want anyone else to go through what I did and nothing they can do or say will ever be able to correct this and now this is something I will have to live with forever… and no it is not just about flowers the message and presentation of the flowers and what they symbolize is so much more.

I am the last person to write and a review so you know this meant a lot from me reaching out with this concern. The company’s email stated: “We always strive to provide the very finest quality and service, so please let us assure you that all your future orders will be filled with the special attention and care that they deserve”. That has got to be the biggest joke I have ever heard! I hope they go out of business.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I ordered flowers on a Tuesday and paid same day delivery, they were not delivered so I called and they said, "Oh sorry the florist will deliver tomorrow." The next day they called and said they're out of roses. We can send a nice arrangement, I said ok. I would just like flowers delivered please. No delivery. 3rd day they told me the florist can't deliver again. Everyone I talked to kept say "Sorry. I know how you feel"! I told them to stop saying that to me, they don't know how I feel. Finally on Friday when they told me they were trying to find a florist I canceled. 5 minutes later called a local florist and flowers were delivered 1 hour later! Horrible customer service, no clue or people skills! USE A LOCAL FLORIST!!!!

Original review: June 26, 2018

Run away! Not the FTD of your parents. I ordered a nice vase and flowers for our anniversary - 80 dollars plus! I was informed days later that the nice lattice-like vase - which was one of the reasons I ordered the arrangement - was non-available and would be substituted with a plain glass vase (like the dozens we already have laying around the house). I followed the instructions in the email to reorder - found a nice vase and arrangement and GUESS WHAT? There was no product number to input into the reorder site. I called customer disservice - got a poor soul with even poorer English and was told my reorder was not possible as the new vase was not available either. I was told I would receive a special??? order - I think a day later than my anniversary. Keep in mind I could not understand the operator much! TERRIBLE accent. I canceled the order and will not be back. FTD? RUN AWAY!

Original review: June 24, 2018

Like others reported; was supposed to be delivered same day. I received a pleasant phone call that flowers were not up to standards & that a free upgrade would be offered if I'd be willing to have them delivered the next day. Great! My friend was fresh post op... that'd give her a day to be more alert & better arrangement. 3 days later... still waiting! I called to check status & call goes to India. Even though I had the order #, they won't tell me anything because I don't have her house & phone # on me!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: June 20, 2018

I ordered flowers for a very dear friend in another state - feeling being FTD was nationwide was my best most convenient option. WELL I paid for same day delivery which DID NOT happen then was informed that it would not be delivered but by courier days later!!! When you contact customer service you get transferred to India and when you request a supervisor you get SCREAMING KIDS in background!! Then only wanted to discount the delivery fee for $4. Are you kidding ME!! This is not my first bad experience.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Spent a pretty penny ($79 including delivery costs) to mom-in-law in Michigan -- and should have read reviews on FTD -- before even going there. My mom-in-law received the flowers on the correct day -- but by the next day -- she called to say that the flowers had wilted and dying. I'll never use this company again. At least if they had responded with some explanation by email (I sent them 2 messages via customer service address) -- I may have given them a second chance -- but this is the worst service and product ever. Stay away! And don't fall for their ads for sales either -- it's just a sale on dead flowers. :(

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have had flowers delivered from my daughter, you pay a lot of money to receive dead plants. I sent a complaint & never heard anything back. I also sent flowers to my mother for mother's day, I just heard from her that the flowers were half dead. I will no longer use FTD. I thought it was a reputable company, but when they don't even respond to a call or a complaint, they don't need our business. I would not recommend this company to anyone, go to your local florist, you'll save money & receive nice quality flowers.

Original review: June 7, 2018

They accept delivery time requests “only for funerals” per their “friendly” customer service representative. Birthday flowers were delivered at 6:30pm. We received confirmation of delivery at 4:20pm. We called 3 times and were told about 30 minutes delay 3 times for total of 1.5 hours of wait. Highly unprofessional phone staff with the attitude and funeral statements. Need training and brain.

Original review: June 7, 2018

LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. I ordered flowers to be delivered to my niece at the hospital. Paid extra fee for same day delivery, the order was incomplete, missing items. I called FTD's 1-800 number right away. The first "customer service" person I spoke with put me on hold, she trying to contact the local florist to see if they would bring the missing part of the order, A few minutes later she came back and said there was no answer, that she would call me back, except she never took my phone number. I waited until the next day, no one for FTD contacted me, I called a second time, and the answer was, there were no more deliveries for children's hospital on 6/7/2018 or 6/8/2017.

Not a reliable company, they refunded me for the teddy bear, and said that was all they were able to do, and they were very sorry for the inconvenience. I paid extra money for the same day delivery, extra charges for the extra items, and the order was not even close to I have ordered to begin with, The arrangement was smaller and the colors nothing like what I have ordered. NOT A reliable company, THE COMPANY statement is not true. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH FTD.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Have received local FTD floral arrangements from out of state friends/relatives and they selected trusted FTD florist they have used before and occasionally when an FTD florist sends flowers ready to fall off the stems, they will call & complain. Resulting effect is Local FTD sends a fresh reorder to maintain goodwill.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I paid a lot for these flowers and when they are delivered they were almost dead. Once I ordered flowers for my grandmothers funeral and had the flowers delivered dead. I had a hard time receiving a refund.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I ordered flowers for my wife for Mother's Day. This whole transaction has been completely unacceptable. It is quite obvious that FTD does not value any business from me or any of my friends or family. FTD has delivered to my house in the past and left them on the porch at temperatures that easily exceeded 100 degrees. So the day before Mother's Day I get a call telling me that they can't deliver flowers until Tues after Mother's Day. They were scheduled for Friday before holiday. After being so irritated that I cancelled the order I called my wife to tell her that for the first time in ten years she would not get flowers for Mother's Day. She then tells me that she offered to pick them up... This is even more unacceptable as I paid for delivery. I'm certain that if she had picked them they wouldn't have refunded my delivery fee. The customer service rep offered an apology but at this point as far as I'm concerned an apology for their poor service is unacceptable.

Original review: May 27, 2018

FTD was helpful in sending flowers out of state and to the right facility. I will use them again. I have used other companies and they did not measure up to FTD.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I have used FTD, Teleflora, 1-800 one, and a few others but had an unpleasant experience. It takes a lot of time + it’s very expensive and top of that, tax is too much.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I received my flowers in a box. I opened the box and the flowers were wrapped separate from vase. I put them together and they were so fresh and beautiful ❤.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I have ordered from FTD before and they always deliver great floral arrangements per the occasion of the event like funeral to wedding arrangements. Never had any problems ordering online.

FTD expert review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs