2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.19/5

FTD is a floral and gifts company that operates in the U.S. and Canada. The company has one of the largest networks of florists — customers can choose from more than 30,000 floral shops across the globe and receive same-day shipping services from in-network florists.

Unsubscribe at any time.

FTD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I ordered 18 red roses and in a vase to be delivered to my girlfriend. They only delivered 12 roses and the vase had a crack in it. The vase leaked all over the table they put it on. Luckily nothing was ruined from the it. I contacted FTD through their website. They took a month to respond, but offered to resend the flowers asking for the date I would like them delivered. I responded and the flowers never got delivered. I've emailed them several times since and they have not responded at all.

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about this Lee! Please email the order number and your contact information here to communitymanager@ftd.com so that we can help.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I placed an order for a floral bouquet for my daughter having her first child during covid-19. I wanted to send her something from home since her family could not be with her. We live 1200 miles apart and I wanted this to be special for her to make her feel like we were with her still during this special time for her. I placed an order and had it sent the same day, and costs about $100. She received it the same day, evening actually, and I was livid after seeing the picture of this bouquet of flowers. It was NOT representative of the picture in the least.

I called FTD the next morning to complain, they sent a complaint to the florist in Pittsburgh, and they had the nerve to say it was "adequately" arranged to the picture. If that's the best they can do, then I will pay my 3 year old grandchildren $100 to make it for me next time. I will NEVER use ftd again for anything. So needless to say, she received crap work, florist would not remake to look like the picture, and I requested a refund which was last resort since the florist would not make it right.

FTD response

We don't want you to be disappointed Tammy! Could you email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Terrible service, please do not bother. Placed order for a surprised birthday delivery on the 2nd of Sept and till now the tracking number I have been provided has no update. I have called customer service twice yesterday and today and they keep repeating the same thing, it will be delivered tomorrow. This is for two days in a row. Please do not bother unless you want to be disappointed.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Uchenna. Please send the order number along with your contact information here to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I would like to give ZERO stars, I would NEVER recommend going through this company, they state floral arrangement has been delivered and it was not!!! They say, "Sorry we will get it to them today!!!!"

FTD response

We'd definitely like to help Tina. Please email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I was sent what was supposed to be a beautiful arrangement of succulents from my family. The day it arrived, it was a pile of dirt. It was clear the box had been thrown around many times and there was no covering on the plant arrangement (which was shipped in a tall box) so it was literally a pile of dirt with dead succulents in it. The redelivery was the same box of dirt. Made huge messes in my house both times. Try #3: there is a “shipping issue” and UPS never gets the plant. Try #4: there is another “shipping issue” and UPS never received the package.

Tried to talk to customer service and all they say is that they will try to deliver again and can’t do anything else, can’t contact the florist or UPS, can’t make a note for anyone. Just a “redeliver” option. Oh and every box also needs a signature so I need to plan to be home each time.... The senders (who are not tech savvy) feel awful and I feel awful. This was supposed to be a nice gift. Please order from somewhere else and save yourself the headache....

FTD response

We'd definitely like to help! Please email your contact information here to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I ordered expensive flowers for my friend’s birthday. Specifically picked this bouquet because of the variety in color and the pretty pink vase. What she got was monotone, vase not as pictured. I’m angry, I should been notified if FTD could not produce what they advertised and what I requested. I’m not using them anymore, I feel taken advantage of. Plus I paid additional and ordered the more plush bouquet, you can see the side by side, they just lied and took advantage of me.

FTD response

We definitely don't want you to be disappointed Christa. Please email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com so that we can help.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Placed order for flower delivery for mother’s 85 Birthday. Paid $29.99 for delivery fee. When I went to track the delivery it was going to be two days later. They had 4 days to deliver the flowers. Very disappointed in this company. Will never order from them again, and insist that family and friends do not use this company! I requested a full refund to my card.

FTD response

We sincerely apologize and would like to look into this Carol. Please email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com. Thank you.

Resolution response: Aug. 26, 2020

To the credit of the company, they did see my review, and resolved the issue and apologized. I am glad it got resolved and I hope they take my review to heart. I would still be wary of the service but they did fix my problem after writing my review.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I live in Japan now and recently I had a dear family member who died. Due to state of the world I could not travel back to the States to attend his service. Now I ordered standing arrangement well before the service, and I expected it to show up on time. However, the flowers arrived 3 hours after the service was finished, so they arrived at a funeral home for no reason. Now I contacted customer service and got one reply, asking if I wanted more flowers, which I didn't besides my family just lived through the funeral and I really did not need to remind that someone buried their child again, and that I could not even get flowers there when they were needed. So I asked for a refund and I have not heard from them again. Since then I have sent seven emails and all have been ignored. It is getting to the point where I am thinking of other avenues to get my refund.

I am writing this review for two points, first if you are thinking about using this service, don't. Second, if you did and had a similar experience as I did, do not allow them to get away with it. During times of pain, and suffering like a death of a loved one, we should not allow people to rob us or cheat us during our times of weakness. We should not just mark it up as "that's how the cookie crumbles". Because this type of shameless poor customer service would not be allowed in any other part of the world and we should not have to deal with it as well.

FTD response

We sincerely apologize Kevin. Could you please email the order number along with your contact information here to communitymanager@ftd.com so that we can help?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I ordered flowers for my daughter in law on the 1st August 2020. Admittedly I made a mistake with the Address. The Monday I emailed the correct details. ON the 5th August I got an email from them stating that, "The requested changes had been made. A new email reflecting the changes will be sent shortly. While this modification may result in a second authorisation to your payment method, it will be automatically removed - Cyve." To date the flowers haven't been delivered. I pay in ZAR which is very expensive and I am so disappointed and now I am receiving no response from this company.

FTD response

We would definitely like to look into this Cindy-lee! Could you please email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: July 19, 2020

I ordered flowers for my mother's birthday which of course never arrived on the scheduled day. I contacted customer support asking for a refund since the event was over and them arriving on a different day was pointless. I was given an apology and told I'd be given an upgrade instead to make up for it. I accepted, but the next day the original order was delivered instead and customer support stopped responding to emails except with a copy and paste message telling me I have $10 off my next purchase with a generic url link anyone could use.

I wanted a refund after the flowers never arrived and instead I got bait and switched. Honestly one of the worst experiences I've had with a company and the customer support ended up making it worse by lying to me. Photos attached are of the original response I received after asking for a refund, followed by the emails taking it back the next day.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

FTD author review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team