3.17/5

1254 FTD Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 17, 2019

I received absolutely beautiful flowers, both times, for my 26th Wedding anniversary and Easter. They held their bloom for at least 3+ weeks! They had long stems, so they could be cut a few times if needed, the colors were absolutely amazing. :) I received beautiful Tulips for my anniversary and I received beautiful, colorful Lillies for our Easter celebration.

FTD response

We're so glad to hear this Teresa - thanks for sharing!

Original review: May 12, 2019

McCarthy Florist in Chinchilla, Pa. They have the fastest service for delivery. The flowers are breathtaking every time and all my wife's deliveries. Pleasant knowledgeable staff and it's a local florist in town with 3 separate locations for convenience. Whether it's Mother's Day or a birthday or a holiday they're always up to date on the modern day vase or flower holder of your liking. They have very reasonable prices and definitely excellent flowers - fresh and with much aroma of beautiful smelling flowers.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I ordered the Simply Gorgeous Bouquet yesterday before 2 pm, and my Mom received her fresh birthday bouquet of flowers around noon today; she was beyond happy and literally in tears. Thank you so much for making her day extra special. I will definitely order again in the future!!! PS: I wish there was a way I could attach the picture of her flowers.

FTD response

We're so happy your mom loved her fresh blooms Anatolia!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered flowers for my daughter. They delivered a day later, but they couldn't find a flower shop that had the arrangement I ordered. Wasn't anything exotic and they did finally find someone who did. I was happy they did not send substitute flowers because I ordered the ones I did for a reason.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I feel like my review will seem like a scam, but I'm honestly confused by all of the negative reviews. FTD was the ONLY website I could find with both of the holiday plants that I wanted available for immediate delivery. Had a great sale going and sent the plants to two separate addresses. BOTH were delivered perfectly on time and I received wonderful feedback from each of the recipients. They couldn't believe the amazing quality. I reached out to FTD with a question about the order and they responded so quickly and were really sweet and really helpful!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

My mother's 89th birthday was today, August 18. Friday, August 16 I made an order with FTD online mainly because it said, "guaranteed same day delivery." No flowers came. I called the FTD number and they said, "Oh we're sorry, we couldn't find a company, so the flowers won't be delivered until Tuesday." Can't find a florist in a town of 50,000? No notice the flowers would not be delivered. I will never use FTD again. My mother was understanding, but I could tell also disappointed. Shame on you FTD.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I purchased flowers for my wife for our 21st wedding anniversary. I had them delivered to her work to surprise her. When they arrived she sent me a text message with a photo saying thank you. The photo of the arrangement did not look that full and vibrant. Not like the photo on the website at all. Very little bloom to the flowers. Two days later hardly any bloom, and they actually were starting to die. I contacted FTD customer service several times and I even sent them photos. NO response! None at all. I am very unsatisfied with this purchase. For the price I paid I could have gotten several arrangements from the local grocery store that are far superior to this one. I will never order from FTD again. And if asked by anyone I will tell them my experience.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Hello, I ordered this particular bouquet (on left) for the memorial service for Betty ** in Independence, MO and I even upgraded to the deluxe. The picture on the right is what was actually sent. Most of the lilies hadn't even bloomed and I paid a total of $112 for this. I am extremely disappointed in this arrangement and I will post my displeasure on your website and Yelp. I will never order flowers from FTD again. Shame on you for sending that arrangement. I am so embarrassed.

We sincerely apologize for this experience and would like to

help. Please email your order number, contact information and preferred method for contact (email or phone call) to us at ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com. Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Ordered flowers for a very important occasion only to be told at 3:30 the day of that they could not deliver...after they had already taken my money. I feel they should have known before they took my order and my money that they couldn't make it happen. Even if they couldn't do it that day they could have let me know before 3:30PM so I could find someone who could get it taken care of. I usually always use 1800Flowers and have never had this problem, figured I would give FTD a try but I'm highly disappointed. Will never use FTD again. Called to get my money back and of course it will take 5-7 Business days. It's funny how quickly they could take the money but how slow they give it back after they make a mistake. The only reason I gave 1 star is because 0 isn't an option.

We sincerely apologize for this experience and would like to

speak to you. Please email your order number, contact information and preferred method for contact (email or phone call) to us at ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com. Thank you.

Resolution response: Aug. 14, 2019

Email ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com and they'll take care of your issue. I was automatically refunded the whole amount.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My boyfriend and I were celebrating our 6 year anniversary and I wanted to surprise him with a beautiful arrangement. I requested to have it delivered Friday. I received an email saying it was delivered. When I got to his house, I asked if he received the arrangement. He said he had no idea. Well there goes the surprise. I emailed FTD Customer Service twice that night, asking why they weren't delivered when they said it was. Since it was the weekend, I knew I wouldn't likely receive a response. We went about our weekend, and it wasn't until SUNDAY when my boyfriend's mother told me the flowers did get delivered, SATURDAY NIGHT. I took a look them and they were completely dry and dead. It was almost as if the delivery person forgot them in their car overnight! I am extremely disappointed and feel like I was ripped off $95. Nothing like celebrating 6 years together with DEAD flowers. I will never be using FTD again.

FTD expert review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs