2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

FTD is a floral and gifts company that operates in the U.S. and Canada. The company has one of the largest networks of florists — customers can choose from more than 30,000 floral shops across the globe and receive same-day shipping services from in-network florists.

FTD Reviews

Original review: May 23, 2020

I ordered a mother's day bouquet and received a confirmation that they would be delivered on time. The order did not arrive as promised, and when I called customer service (the chat function was not available), I was told the order was canceled! No call, no email, no notification at all! After an hour on the phone, having been transferred to the wrong departments several times, I was told that someone from their sales department would call me to tell me what my options were... I never received that call. I found out by tracking my order that they selected another bouquet, without my input, and shipped it. That order did not arrive either! I have not received any word from this joke of a business, nor have I received a refund. They have taken my money and have not delivered a single item I paid for. I will never, ever give FTD another penny.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Zach. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: May 21, 2020

I ordered a floral delivery for today for my niece who was receiving her FINAL chemotherapy treatment this morning. It is now past 9:00 PM and no delivery. I cannot stress enough how disappointed I am in FTD. This is not something that can be fixed. The opportunity to brighten her day and the end of a long and difficult journey has been MISSED.

I tried calling customer service and was disconnected after hearing the message to use online chat for assistance. I tried online chat (available 24/7 according to the website), to get a message that I should CALL customer service as "There are currently no agents available online to chat". Tried the email option on the website as well, and guess what....no email option!!!! Nice runaround to a customer whose money you already have. I'll be contacting my credit card next to dispute the charge. What HORRIBLE customer service. No wonder this company has filed bankruptcy. I will never again order from FTD, and I will share this event with everyone I know so they think twice before doing business with this company.

FTD response

We sincerely apologize Maggie. Please email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com so that a member of our team can reach out to you.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2020

My wife ordered flowers for my mother for Mother’s Day on May the 6th for delivery on May 9-10th 2020 for Mother’s Day. The flowers were never delivered. Over the period of a week and a half I called and spoke with FTD customer service representatives three times. The first two said they would follow up and never did nor did they get back to me. The third time I demanded a refund and to speak with a supervisor. I got the refund and was told there conveniently was no supervisor. I’m mortified my Mother received nothing for Mother’s Day and I have FTD to thank for it. They owe her an apology bouquet. Order # **.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Thomas. Would you be willing to email the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 18, 2020

I don't know when the roses were packaged, but the leaves were already curled and dry, the petals on the roses were curled and dropping off....certainly not the gift of thoughtfulness and love intended. When I emailed FTD I received an email a few days later saying they would respond when they could. The email address was not valid when I re-emailed 11 days later. Customer service gave me another email address that also was not valid. I am infuriated. I didn't want to disappoint my son, but I just called him and advised him to dispute this with his credit card company and not pay...but the arrogance of FTD is not to be believed! Maybe they have been in business too long to care!!!!

FTD response

We're absolutely committed to making this better. Would you mind sending the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: May 18, 2020

I order some flowers online and it was for a friend 92 yrs old for her birthday but the flowers were nothing like I order and some flowers looked wilted already. I will never order again. I should of went to Kroger’s and got some there. I paid almost 100.00 and was not satisfied for nothing. I sent out email about it and to this day have not gotten a responses.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: May 17, 2020

I order flowers to be delivered to my mother’s house on Mother’s Day and paid extra for delivery since it was a special occasion day, the flowers got delivered two days earlier than excepted. I called customer service and they were very rude and unapologetic to my issue. The lady I was on the phone with was on the phone with me for 30 minutes putting me on brief holds. I asked if she can let me speak to her supervisor and she told me no. For a company that is suppose to arrange and deliver flowers they aren’t very good at their job. Furthermore I get emails from their customer service department almost every day offering to reduce the price on my purchase. It’s been two weeks that this has happened and I’m over it. I told them to stop emailing me and they haven’t. Please don’t bring your business to them.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Giselle. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: May 16, 2020

Flowers that were ordered weeks in advance but were delivered 3 days late, when they arrived they looked like they had been run over by a truck. If your company cannot meet orders in our current climate, do not make services available. What a total disappointment.

FTD response

We definitely don't want you to be disappointed Renee. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com so we can help?

Original review: May 16, 2020

I ordered flowers on FTD for Mother's Day. The flowers were never delivered. After spending hours on the phone, FTD refused to send another bouquet, even though they were supposed to be delivered five days prior. I finally got them to agree to a refund; I was to be refunded my total of $42.80. I received a refund for only $12.80. When I called to ask why, they wouldn't refund the "delivery fee" that was charged, a delivery fee for a product that was never delivered. I hope I can warn potential customers to stay far away from this company; I will never be doing business with them again. I hesitate to call a company a "scam," but this company certainly fits the bill.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Shelby. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com?

Original review: May 14, 2020

I pre ordered some flowers for Mother’s Day, and although the flowers did come in a very timely manner, they looked HORRIBLE. First, the flowers I received were NOT the flowers I ordered. Second, many of the flowers I received were already dead or dying. Who wants to give their mother dead flowers on Mother’s Day? I know I didn’t. I called immediately after receiving my flowers to get a refund and the Customer Care Rep hung up on me the first time. So I had to call a second time to get through to someone to give me my money back. I was really rooting for this company, as this was my first time ever using them, but after this experience I will never order from FTD again.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I ordered my mother who lives out of state flowers for Mother's day for May 9th delivery, the flowers never came so I sent an email which was never returned. So I called the customer service number and was told I would get a refund of my delivery charge but the flowers would still be sent on 5/13. I called customer service back and was told my order could be canceled and I would get a full refund but my flowers were not available!!! No email no nothing I had to pay for rush shipping from another company for delivery today for my mom to get flowers!!! And I have to wait 7 to 10 business days to get my money back so now I'm out of over 200.00 for FLOWERS! NEVER AGAIN!!!

FTD response

We're so sorry for your experience Valencia! Please email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com if there's anything we can do to help.

FTD author review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team