ftd.com

Compare Flower Delivery

Research top Flower Delivery recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I never had an account with FTD. Never signed up for email advertising. Simply ordered flowers one time. For the last several months have been hounded with DAILY advertising emails from them. Unsubscribe does not work - have unsubscribed online at least 10 times over several months and by phone 3 times. Customer service is rude and of no help. They say they will remove your email address - but do NOT. I will never use them again for anything. They need to be the subject of a class action lawsuit for harassment.

I chose a pretty floral arrangement for my stepchildren's great grandmother who is in intensive care in the hospital. The arrangement was nice and the cost was $49.99. I went through and filled out all of the required information and got to the final page, put in my payment information and it said payment total $49.99. I hit confirm and it said, "congratulations your order is confirmed". Total $72.97. That is FRAUD... $22.98 for Shipping/Service fees. Complete and utter fraud. I mean what in the world is the purpose of this service!? I could have just called the local florist and had them deliver the same flowers for way less. So I called them and they said you need to be a Gold Member to get the $49.99 price? Ok well great, why did you deceive your customer and pretend to give them the price just to increase it after you think you have checked out and paid one price and it is completely another price... unbelievable.

And the thing is I would have probably been ok with it had they just been upfront about the costs. But to do it sneakily like that is absolutely unacceptable and quite frankly it is outright theft and deception - theft under false pretenses or whatever the legal term for this is. Beyond pissed. I was just notified that the flowers were delivered. I will post again once I find out how alike the actual flowers were to the photo based my purchase on.

On 11/26/14 I placed an order with FTD for a Christmas centerpiece to be delivered 12/23/16 for a dinner party that I was having. On 12/22/16 I received an e-mail stating that my flowers were on their way! On 12/23/16 - no flowers! I called FTD and was told that the flowers would be delivered on 12/27/16. I explained that the delivery would be too late and wished to cancel my order at that point. I went out to my local FTD shop and purchased a centerpiece for over $64.00. So, lo and behold, on 12/24/26 what shows up - my original flower order! I guess I should add that my delivery was made by FedEx. I see by the reviews that they are guilty of poor or non-delivery by several other customers. But I digress.

I again called FTD to try to get an explanation of why the flowers were NOT delivered on the date they were supposed to be delivered and got the standard "rote" responses that the FTD representatives are trained to give. No explanation, just a "we are sorry". Boy, that solved everything! The rep felt that since the flowers were delivered, albeit a day late, that they had fulfilled their duty. I explained to the rep that if these were my wedding flowers that I would have had no flowers for my wedding day. Went way over her head! All I wanted was an explanation of how something so important when it comes to a delivery could happen.

How can something that is ordered a month ahead of time, paid for, and pretty much guaranteed to be delivered when expected go so wrong? Well, I received absolutely NO explanation and NO satisfaction for my unhappiness and poor, or lack thereof, service. Just like most other customers, I guess we all know the outcome of this event - no more FTD for me!

I decided to sign up for FTD during the holiday season because my Hilton HHonors account was giving me a deal for earning 3000 points per purchase and I had 3 birthdays in the family within 1 month period but in a different state between December-January and an anniversary. Without knowing much about the company and their business model, I signed up for FTD's gold membership and requested a delivery for 24th December for my aunt's Christmas birthday, which was also extra $10 in shipping fees. So in one day, I placed four orders. Guess what, 2/4 should have been delivered but the 1st one arrived one day later than the birthday, even though it was before the Christmas holidays. And it is now 27th and the extra shipping fee 24th delivery still hasn't arrived! Since I did not get any emails, I called them today to ask what is going on.

They told me the local florist could not process the order! Really? And the only way I found out was BY CALLING YOU GUYS FROM MY END? They said they processed the order now over the phone and it will arrive on the 29th. What's the point of me placing an order for someone's special day if it's going to arrive SIX DAYS LATE? Why pay extra shipping for 24th delivery if it will arrive close to New Year, and that too, upon me inquiring on the status? So you want me to spend $50-60 on something so that it arrives a week late? I am also disappointed that Hilton would vouch for such a company. I will call them and file a complaint for misleading their loyalty members.

The three birthdays are in the same family and it makes me look REALLY BAD WHEN ALL OF THEM RECEIVE THEIR BIRTHDAY ITEMS LATE! Oh, and within the last few days, I launched multiple order status inquiries on their site, but did not receive a voicemail, phone call or an email about any of those inquiries. So it seems like you can't get through to them unless you call them, which makes them 100% unreliable during holiday season, when some stores might be closed.

The website is a mess and will never ask for the recipient's address if using PayPal. After the order is placed the delivery will be delayed. After you pick another piece (Because the florist did not have what you picked) the order will still not be delivered. Three days later and still nothing delivered!! Ordering flowers is usually the simplest of things to do. Not with FTD!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! I will give an update on my refund if I get one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ftd.com?

Very embarrassed that arrangements were so shabby. After contacting the sending florists, I discovered FTD kept almost HALF of what I paid. The florist received half to fill the order And make delivery! Do not use the FTD website- call the florists directly and get your money's worth! Spread the word!

I am beyond fuming and I refuse to give them any additional chances. I ordered flowers on the 18th to be delivered today for my friend's birthday. They didn't get delivered, nor did I hear from FTD. I had this issue last month and three months prior when they didn't even care they missed delivering flowers to not one, but two different funerals. I get so tired of the same canned speeches and still not getting any results. They told me on one of the funerals that they could deliver it the next day. Ummm... it's a funeral, they aren't going to keep the body and bury her again. I have one more order that I placed in hopes they would get today done properly and I am going to see if I can cancel it and find another florist. I can't stand the lies from customer service, the let downs on important occasions and having to tell my friends it isn't me letting them down, it's FTD.

I just went to order flowers for a friend's funeral through the Funeral Home's obituary page. Nothing on it stated that it was in US dollars or mentioned the US at all. I thought I was ordering through a Canadian site in Canadian dollars. When I went to purchase, my total for a $79.99 arrangement was $118.00. This included a $19.99 fee that's not mentioned anywhere. I'm in Edmonton and the funeral is outside Ottawa so I figure... $118.00 expensive but ok. When I go to check my bank account, $164.00 was taken from my account! Nothing stated anywhere that it was to be in US funds, nothing mentioning exchange rate. I call the 1-855 number and the guy from "customer service" states that it says on the website that it is a US company and that the transaction is in US funds.

I have taken a screen shot of every page that I went to to purchase and it DOES NOT mention that anywhere. False advertising! So I request a refund and he says he can give me a $20.00 credit on a future purchase. "HELL NO! You just ripped me off fraudulently, I am not even going to use FTD ever again, give me back my money!" He said he processed the refund but now it's just before Christmas and I will have to wait until the New Year to get my $164.00 back! Unacceptable and fraudulent business practices! My $79.99 arrangement turned out to be $84.01 more expensive! Really?? The fees and the exchange cost more than the actual arrangement itself! These guys should be shut down. How many elderly people just go ahead and buy flowers and not look at their bill??

They think they're paying $100 but in reality they're paying $185?? What a complete scam. I believe the majority of people who use these services would be elderly people who aren't checking their bank accounts all the time or don't bother calling for a refund or question the business practices. Any company that preys on them will not ever get my business!

I had received a $25 gift certificate for FTD. I figured that would pay for about half a nice bunch of flowers to have delivered to the house while I was at work for my wife. Then I see the delivery fees and service fees and they're as much as the coupon (not even next day delivery). Then I see on their website they have the Gold Membership subscription and I figure my gift certificate could cover that and I would have a year to have flowers delivered to other people as a nice surprise.

FTD considers the Gold Membership a promotional offer. As soon as I signed up for it and tried to purchase flowers for my wife it wasn't allowed as I cannot combine offers. So this translates to if you get a Gold Membership it is your only "coupon, gift certificate, promotion" that you can use even though it's a paid subscription.

Luckily after minor conversations with Customer Service the flower order as well as the Gold Membership were successfully cancelled. A paid membership is a promotional offer? Seriously? Will never use FTD and it's a shame because they and their florist partners would have made a heck of a lot more than the $25 credit from the gift certificate they would have "lost." Instead they've lost a lot more than $25.

Beware when you are purchasing FTD flowers for two reasons. The company can add on a $20+ service charge for online orders without letting you know they are doing that until you've reached the end of the online transaction. Further, the overseas customer service is difficult to understand (English as a second language), provide only scripted responses, and will place you on hold indefinitely when you've asked to speak to one of their supervisors for resolution. Shame on FTD as a long-standing company for reaching this low level of customer service.

FTD through FedEx. Delivered in one day, to my doorstep in Central Washington, when it was 12 degrees, flowers froze inside. Ugly bunch, I had to cut and arrange myself, 5 roses, 9 carnations, 1 sprig of holly, 1 of evergreen, and a pine cone on a wire. Looked online for pictures, one that was similar with same vase had lots of greenery fill. Gift card omitted, packet of preservative omitted. I had to search to find out who had sent this, they were very disappointed. Don't order if it is FedEx, call the local florist, they won't deliver in the freezing cold and they will have arranged it. I will never recommend FTD to anyone. I emailed about problem, 6 days later no response, only two advertisements to buy more! Finally found out who sent them, they will call to complain, and I will today also.

I just want to express my wholehearted disappointment with FTD, your supposed commitment of trust, and your poor excuse for a customer service department. Ordered an arrangement online on Wednesday December 14th for delivery to the Funeral Home on Friday December 17th for my dear brother-in-law's wake. The flowers never arrived and when I attempted to inquire as to what happened on Saturday morning just prior to the funeral and burial, I was treated to 25 minutes of horrible Muzak before someone finally picked up the phone.

The girl I finally spoke with seemed to have no record of my order as she asked over and over for the order number, my name, the late recipient's name, the Funeral home, etc. I had received email confirmation on Wednesday morning that the order had been received and was being processed. She finally told me that she had to call the local florist who FTD had contracted with, but said that they would not be open for another three hours. This made no sense, as that would have had them opening after 12 noon. I checked the three local florists that FTD uses and they all opened at 8 or 9 o'clock.

She assured me that she (FTD) would call me back that afternoon. No call ever came. After the Funeral I again called FTD's customer support line (855-329-5806) and once again waited and waited for someone to pick up. The line went dead a number of times and I had to call back again and again. Finally gave up on that number and tried your 800 number. Only then was I able to speak with someone who finally found my order and told me that it had not been fulfilled. The email apologizing for the non-delivery should have been sent well before the expected delivery date, not after the Funeral. I could have found another source of flowers for the wake if I had been told. Which, by the way, I will be doing for all of my future flower needs. An apology for "inconvenience" is hardly sufficient in this case.

Beware when paying with PayPal on ftd.com. The recipient and sender addresses got combined by using my PayPal address even when I didn't enter it myself. I never got an email (not in spam either). My mom never got her flowers in the hospital. Very bummed. I entered the address correctly.

Well my product was switched, and it was not even in the right basket I wanted. It was more money than I ordered, the fruit was all laying down instead of nicely arranged, and it was not worth $70 for it. Even though they threw in 4 pieces of candy, I could not get a hold of customer service, and when I sent them a email it was not even responded to. But when I sent a letter to the president I did not have to say anything, she automatically gave me my money back. But I did not get the product that I wanted, she said they have the right to switch things at the last minute. That is fine but give the customer an option of what they want to do, either get it or not, because I did not want that one. When purchasing things online you have to be very careful. Make a copy of everything - names and the amounts, and times so you have a record of it for yourself in case something goes wrong. Like this case did. I won because I did.

I placed a flower order online with FTD to be delivered the next day. The flowers were not delivered. I called customer service and was told the florist was closed and they would be delivered the next day. They were not delivered. I cancelled the order and won't use FTD again.

Sadly, FTD did not deliver the flowers I sent for my sisters 50th birthday. I ordered on November 18th, to be delivered on November 23rd, and by 27th the flowers never arrived. Now, I called the customer service and the poor workers keep saying "I'm sorry ma'am", but they are not sorry because its not their issue. I am sorry because I missed an important day to send a colorful arrangement to say I am thinking of you. Now, after two calls I still don't have refund from FTD, and they keep saying "we're trying to contact the flower shop". Its like an insult, because I trusted them to send flowers and cant even get a quick, respectful money that belongs to me. VERY disappointed with FTD. I have used them before and this left bad taste in my mind. Wish me luck trying to get a refund soon.

I ordered flowers 1 week before our anniversary to be sent to my wife's place of work. Needless to say, our anniversary day went by with no delivery. I called FTD.com customer service to find out what happened and received the typical response of "We don't know but we'll find out" and "Will call you back." Well, two hours later, at nearly 6pm, I receive an email confirmation of delivery. I asked my wife, since the surprise was gone by now, to call her work and find out if the delivery was actually made. You can guess what the answer was, NO.

So I called FTD customer service again and get the same person. Again, she tells me how sorry she is. At this point, sorry doesn't cut it. Keep your apologies for all the buttercups. I asked if they would be delivered the next day, before noon, since I know my wife will be getting off early. She assures me they will. Well, here it is 1pm and guess what just showed up. This is the last time I will ever use FTD, online or florist, ever again.

While the arrangement arrived on time - via FedEx the flowers inside were crushed, mashed and all over the inside of the box. I have reached out twice via email for help and once via live chat. Bottom line is they have my money so could care less about the quality of the product delivered.

My review is based on specific experiences in the past year+ in contrast to the previous 2-decades. Flowers that arrived were woefully smaller and different than what was pictured in the order image (This happened more than once but repeatedly for the past 3 years). Refused to deliver flowers to Falmouth MA funeral home on two separate occasions (Dec. 2015 and July 2016) in spite of my having an FTD "GOLD MEMBERSHIP" for which I paid a premium.

Customer service is offshored which is bad enough but they do not understand what you say and just keep repeating scripts back to you such as "I understand you are upset" or "That is terrible" and endless "I'm sorry that happened to you" but the end result is a coupon for your next purchase rather than fixing the current situation. If you are lucky, they take 15% off which is not off your total price but for the base price before taxes and delivery which equates to $22 on a $167 order. USELESS... AND you have to spend as I did today... 56.5-minutes on hold to get a Manager to even get that far. I demanded to have a US based FTD manager call me.... see next two points.

FTD renewed the "gold membership" on their own without my permission. NO, it was not set up to rebill and I had already been told that would not happen in a prior call to complain related to my father's and brother's funeral arrangements that never happened. I FINALLY get a call from a US based Customer Service Specialist but not the manager I requested. Nancy ** in the Northeast at **... and she was just as drippingly sarcastic and unhelpful. This time... it wasn't second language issues, it is just lack of integrity and lack of customer service skills.

The nicest things I can say about her: She is RUDE, patronizing, condescending and dismissive. She literally hung up on me when I wouldn't let her rephrase the problem statement to only being about the "Gold Membership" renewal. She didn't want to address the larger issue of NON-delivery, poor customer service and hour+ waits to get to anyone that can do anything. Now we have a name and inbox, feel free to call and let her know your horrible experience directly.

I really wished I would have read the reviews about FTD Florists before I wasted my money! I had an arrangement sent to my mother for her birthday what I paid for and what she received were two different things the picture of what I thought I was sending was beautiful & colorful. My mother's arrangement had very little color and very few flowers! They should be ashamed of themselves falsely leading people to believe they are purchasing what is shown. Oh they state on their site that they might have to substitute some flowers but geez my arrangement looked like every flower plus the basket was a substitute!!

Also I almost forgot the arrangement was packed or should I say shoved into the box so that what looked like the two of the only big colorless flowers were laying in the bottom of the box. I wish I could just return the pathetic-looking flowers and just get a refund. I will never order from FTD Florist again nor will I refer FTD Florist to anyone that is considering their service.

Ordered flowers from Canada to be delivered in Canada. Did the largest upgrade. Printed the invoice. Credit card was charged in US$. Customer service all but conceded that they paid the Canadian Florist in Canadian funds! No reason for an exchange rate and will NEVER use FTD again! If they paid the florist in US$ would be reasonable. They made about 20% profit just on exchange. Lesson - look up a florist in the area, read their reviews and use their website directly!

I ordered from FTD and was completely embarrassed when my recipient received the flowers for her birthday. Ftd was not even interested in seeing pictures of what the local florist had sent out. I could have bought a much less expensive arrangement that looked much more attractive at the grocery store.

Worst flowers ever!! I ordered flowers for my mother's 84th birthday. Waited all day for them to be delivered. Called customer service twice. First time at 3:30 - was told they could not reach the florist but there was a note that they had been delivered. Wrong. Waited another hour. Called back again. The florist could not be reach and was told they had until 7 pm to deliver. Flowers showed up at 5 pm... worst flowers ever. Top photo is what I got. Bottom is what I ordered for $49.99 plus $17 service charge. Don't use them. Call a local flower shop.

I ordered flowers online to be delivered to someone grieving the loss of a loved one. I chose the "Peaceful Passage" arrangement. The "Simple and Sweet" arrangement was $99.99. However, I upgraded to "Bountiful Blooms" for $139.99. Unfortunately, the arrangement that was delivered looks nothing like the flowers I paid for. This is really not good business practice. I will never send flowers through FTD again. What a disappointment!

Below: 1st image is what I thought I was buying. 2nd image is actually what was delivered. Sorry... receipt could not be fully uploaded. FTD Peaceful Passage, ORDER NO.: **, DELIVERY ON: Wednesday 11/02/2016, DELIVER TO: **, ITEM COST $139.99, SHIPPING/SERVICE FEES $17.99, TAX $9.48, SUBTOTAL $167.46. TOTAL CHARGE $167.46, CREDIT CARD TYPE VISA.

My husband was sending me roses for my 60th birthday, which I was happy about, and he really wanted to do something nice. He usually gets me grocery store flowers, but this time, he wanted to do something SPECIAL and have flowers SENT to me. But, what came in the FTD box DIDN'T make me happy. First, the flowers were very poor quality, and were very wilted. He ordered the multicolored roses bouquet with a vase. The pink roses were brown, the other roses were small, with very crooked stems and had disease on all the stems, and all the buds and leaves were wilted or dead, as well as the thorns still being ON the rose stems.

I grow a garden, so I know what plant diseases look like. Plus, the vase was so small and so short, that either the flowers had to be cut down to little shorties, or I needed to use another vase. I chose to use one of my own vases so the roses could still have some length to them. I know my husband paid a fair amount for something he could have paid a FRACTION for (and better quality) at the local grocery store. I felt bad to get this as poor as it was, but felt WORSE for my husband because he really TRIED, and being ADHD, it takes him some extra effort to do these things.

This company has ALWAYS had a reputation for quality, and speedy delivery, but the past few years the poor quality has almost but totally DESTROYED this company's good name. A Mr. Robert S. Apatoff runs this company, but obviously he doesn't realize how bad things ARE, and that his company is almost now synonymous with "POOR QUALITY." I don't like giving bad reviews at ALL, online, but when I saw how MANY there were and counting, I had to add mine as well.

I ordered flowers from FTD for my mother's birthday the day before. The flowers didn't come until 4, which is fine but when the came they were nothing like the picture and the note was poorly written. When the flowers were delivered the wrong name was written on the card!! When I called to complain about the flowers that looked nothing like the picture and note that was horrible I was told that I was wrong and then after further conversation told all they could do was send another arrangement and we could keep the bad one. Then they came to the house the man was very rude took the flowers and 4 days later and still have not received new flowers! When paying 70+ for an arrangement I expect it to be a little like the one advertised!!! Will never order through them again!!

I am beyond disappointed!! My girlfriend was leaving for school today to another state so I wanted to have flowers delivered to her job to wish her luck. They said it would be delivered by the time I needed... it never was. Called again. They upgraded the flowers and were going to send them to her house... they never arrived. She left without getting them. They never called or emailed to like they said they would to let me know the status. Never again.

I ordered flowers and a balloon for a birthday dinner. They were delivered on the wrong day and were very poor quality. The balloon went flat on the first day, and the flowers were pitiful. It was such low quality that the restaurant (where the flowers were delivered) told me that FTD should give me a full refund. I won't use FTD again.

FTD didn't mention when confirming my flower order online that there is $18 for delivery on top of the $40 of flowers. I only found out when I received a text message from my credit card provider with the amount withdrew to be $58! I was surprised so then I checked my email confirmation from them, it was mentioned there. I immediately cancelled my order because this is absolute theft when they didn't mention the correct amount that they will end up withdrawing.

I ordered flowers based on what was displayed on their website and that is not what arrived. They should be ashamed of themselves charging those kind of prices for little to nothing in return! I will never use their services again.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Incorporating a wealth of luxury gift items to go along with its farm-fresh flower bouquets, FTD.com has become an industry leader in the floral market.

• Add a wake-up call: Include gourmet coffee with a floral display for a morning-after gift.
  • International delivery: Get delivery where you need it, when you need it.
  • Same-day delivery: When the unexpected happens, you need to be able to respond immediately. FTD.com lets you do exactly that with same-day delivery options.
  • Buy for him: When you want to send him a gift, check out a catalog of products designed to delight to go along with any floral delivery.
  • Include some sparkle: FTD.com has a comprehensive jewelry collection that lets you add a bit of decoration to any gift.
  • Best for Suitors, husbands, modern women and companies.

Compare Flower Delivery