3.19/5

1230 FTD Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 17, 2019

I received absolutely beautiful flowers, both times, for my 26th Wedding anniversary and Easter. They held their bloom for at least 3+ weeks! They had long stems, so they could be cut a few times if needed, the colors were absolutely amazing. :) I received beautiful Tulips for my anniversary and I received beautiful, colorful Lillies for our Easter celebration.

FTD response

We're so glad to hear this Teresa - thanks for sharing!

Original review: May 12, 2019

McCarthy Florist in Chinchilla, Pa. They have the fastest service for delivery. The flowers are breathtaking every time and all my wife's deliveries. Pleasant knowledgeable staff and it's a local florist in town with 3 separate locations for convenience. Whether it's Mother's Day or a birthday or a holiday they're always up to date on the modern day vase or flower holder of your liking. They have very reasonable prices and definitely excellent flowers - fresh and with much aroma of beautiful smelling flowers.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I ordered the Simply Gorgeous Bouquet yesterday before 2 pm, and my Mom received her fresh birthday bouquet of flowers around noon today; she was beyond happy and literally in tears. Thank you so much for making her day extra special. I will definitely order again in the future!!! PS: I wish there was a way I could attach the picture of her flowers.

FTD response

We're so happy your mom loved her fresh blooms Anatolia!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered flowers for my daughter. They delivered a day later, but they couldn't find a flower shop that had the arrangement I ordered. Wasn't anything exotic and they did finally find someone who did. I was happy they did not send substitute flowers because I ordered the ones I did for a reason.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I feel like my review will seem like a scam, but I'm honestly confused by all of the negative reviews. FTD was the ONLY website I could find with both of the holiday plants that I wanted available for immediate delivery. Had a great sale going and sent the plants to two separate addresses. BOTH were delivered perfectly on time and I received wonderful feedback from each of the recipients. They couldn't believe the amazing quality. I reached out to FTD with a question about the order and they responded so quickly and were really sweet and really helpful!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: June 20, 2019

I am very disappointed in the size of the purchase I placed for a sympathy flower arrangement! It was the smallest flower display for the amount of money I spent on them. Never Ever again! Such a disappointment. It was quite the embarrassment as well knowing that these were meant for a loved one whom meant the world to me, whose family I wanted to honor with a nice arrangement and to only be extremely disappointed. How thoughtless and inconsiderate of FTD. RIP OFFS!

Original review: June 20, 2019

I ordered my mother a dozen chocolate covered strawberries for her birthday, they were delivered on time but they were melted and rotten. Absolutely unacceptable. I have never had an issue with them in the past. Now this has left a sour taste in my mouth for the company.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Three stars because they resolved the issue and I am now satisfied. However, FTD charges fees, etc. and you do not know until AFTER the order is placed (assuming you get an email confirmation, as I did). Here is the fact. I placed an order (thinking I was getting a nice discount). It wasn't until the email confirmation was received that I noticed the extravagant fees. I had to fight to get money off. It wasn't until I told them I was going to go on every review site and report how they do business. After that, the issue was resolved. I am happy now, but I had to fight them on this - and I am in the right - not looking for anything. I don't like being scammed.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Well the time has come. It is time to put FTD on blast. As some of you will remember, my uncle passed a few weeks ago and as it generally done, we sent flowers. We spent quite a bit of time picking them out. We chose a specific color, a specific arrangement. What we received was neither the color or the arrangement we chose. When you feel the need to send flowers and they think you are not going to be there to see what they are providing....do not choose FTD. I attempted to contact them twice, once from my email and once from my mother's. Not only did we not receive any type of response Other than excessive sales emails, I attempted to use their chat option, but of course that wasn’t working.

I am fed up and angry for all those people beside us who spent money sending flowers and probably were credited with a cheap flower arrangement that has no resemblance of what they actually chose. Below are the pictures - white is what we chose, yellow is what we got. We were truly embarrassed and angrier than I usually get and the embarrassment of a flower company that is ineffective, fraudulent, and simply does not care about their customers.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I ordered 100.00 PURPLE flower arrangement for my husband for Father's day. I understand the "substitute" policy for seasonal but NO purple only greenery. I'm in disbelief! Shame on you FTD! (** To Day is obviously what FTD stands for!)

Original review: June 12, 2019

I cannot even begin to express my unhappiness with FTD. I paid a somewhat exorbitant fee to have same-day delivery and the flowers were not received. There was no attempt to rectify the situation or even to take responsibility. You would be well advised to find another company for flowers, in my opinion.

FTD response

We're so sorry that happened. If you'll send us your order number, we'll get this resolved as soon as possible.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Unfortunately, I had a very poor experience with FTD. I ordered a flower arrangement as a thank you gift for an employee. I ordered early Friday morning and paid an extra $30 for a Saturday delivery. My ordered total was nearly $100 so, even with the silly extra $30, I expected a lovely arrangement. I had signed up for email updates so I would know when it was delivered. Well, Saturday came and went even though the online update said delivery would be by noon. I assumed they didn't offer Sunday delivery, I was right. By Monday, I figured they'd be nearly dead. No delivery on Monday either. I cancelled the order even though the agent "assured" me they would be delivered by Tuesday afternoon. What would be delivered?? Dead flowers?? No thanks. Yes, they cancelled the order but guess what my employee received Tuesday afternoon? Yup - a box of dead flowers. Never again, FTD.

FTD response

We sincerely apologize and will do everything we can to resolve this. Please email your order number and we'll start looking into it right away.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 11, 2019

To say my experience with FTD flowers was disappointing would be an understatement. I ordered flowers for my sister’s graduation on 6/7/19 and they were not delivered. The following Sunday, on 6/9/19, I called the customer service line to follow-up on my order and the women at the call center rudely hung-up on me mid-call. I called a second time and FTD Flowers promised to get the flowers delivered on Monday, 6/10/19, and again they were not delivered, a real shocker. I ended up calling and canceling my order after all of this which took approximately 30 seconds unlike the days I waited for the flowers to get delivered.

If you want your flowers to be delivered on time DO NOT go with FTD Flowers. I would not trust them with important events. It was an incredibly frustrating and disappointing experience and I will be taking my business elsewhere, as should you. Also they’re filing for bankruptcy protection, a sign of their clear mismanagement if that tells you anything.

FTD response

Thanks for letting us know. We are so sorry to hear that, but are committed to resolving this. Please email your order number so we can help.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 9, 2019

I ordered two orders of 18 roses each with vase for two mothers on Mother's Day. The flowers arrived on time but were brown. My mothers sent me pictures of the brown flowers. I called FTD and their phone lines do not go to a call center, they just end. I emailed them twice about the problem, included the photos, and received no response. I contacted them through PayPal's claim process and no response. Escalating it through PayPal. I paid $130 dollars for crappy flowers. Their website claims satisfaction guaranteed and they are not living up to that statement.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Jennifer. Could you email the order numbers and your contact information?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 8, 2019

Worst customer service experience I’ve absolutely ever had. Will NEVER purchase here again. I’ve contacted them FIVE + TIMES WITH NO RESPONSES. (I tried calling, but I couldn’t understand the person I was speaking to so ultimately gave up after several attempts.) It’s just absolutely absurd, rude, unprofessional and I’m beyond upset. This doesn’t even BEGIN to go into why I tried contacting customer service in the first place! Basically - (what I believe now is) FTD’s incredibly shady way to scam people out of more money than what appears on the site and cart balance... After checking out using my credit card and viewing a receipt with one price, I got charged significantly more and emailed a completely DIFFERENT receipt later - so make sure to pay close attention. Do not purchase from here. It was the worst decision for me.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Kate. Could you email the order number and your contact information?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 6, 2019

Ordered an arrangement for the funeral of my best friend's boyfriend. They took my payment & sent me a confirmation email. I figured everything was taken care of. Received an email 3 days later asking for a family member's address so they can complete the order. I called the number & found out nothing has been sent! The lady on the other end of the line seemed extremely apathetic & just going over the motions. You guys dropped the ball, bad. I will NEVER use this company for ANYTHING & will be sure to let everyone I know, know about my experience!

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Gabriela. Could you email the order number and your contact information?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 29, 2019

Ordered a same day guaranteed flower arrangement for delivery on Tuesday. Got a call and VM from FTD at about noon. They said first florist called back and advised they would not be able to do the order and did I want to see if a second one could. Had to clock out work and make a 35 minute call only to be told that delivery was impossible (was only 12:30) but they could do it the next day. I reluctantly agreed since the message was time sensitive.

The next day there was still no delivery even though my credit card had been billed the day before. I requested email online. Have not received. After work Wednesday I called customer service for explanation or update. Was on hold for a total of 40 minutes. Both times I was apologized to and told it would be researched. Both times my call was released after several minutes on hold. STILL unresolved and no explanation. There were cheaper options but I trusted the FTD brand. Never again

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this James. Could you email the order number and your contact information?

Original review: May 27, 2019

I received a call at 2pm on 5/25 informing me that the flower basket I ordered to be delivered to a 19 year old girl's wake on 5/24 was never delivered!! Nor was it delivered to her funeral at 10am 5/25! If I was notified in a timely manner I may have been able to make arrangements elsewhere. Instead unbeknownst to me I was embarrassed and mortified!! So I absolutely would not only never recommend this company but would go out of my way to warn others away from their company! Furthermore, there was no suitable apology or attempt to make things right!

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Lisa. Could you email the order number and your contact information?

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 27, 2019

The first thing is their website, it is confusing or hard to understand. Second was the fact that they would not deliver on the Monday that I wanted. Then I had trouble communicating with them a new date for delivery. But on a lighter side the flowers were (orchid) perfect. Received well by the recipient. An average performance at best!

FTD response

Hi Dave - thanks for your feedback. If there's anything we can do please email us.

Original review: May 27, 2019

My son ordered the flowers from Grand Rapids, Michigan, he told me the flowers were going to be delivered today on Monday, May 13th. I had to call him yesterday Tuesday, May 14th that the flowers were never delivered. It is now Wednesday and still flowers delivery.

FTD response

Hi Leticia - we'd definitely like to look into this. Could you please ask your son to email the order number and his contact information?

Original review: May 26, 2019

I had the worst experience with these people. I paid 180$ for a bouquet for my mother’s birthday and they brought me such a CRAPPY looking one that didn’t match the one on the website AT ALL. I was so ** disappointed, good thing my mom didn’t know how the original looked like. Besides that, they took so long to deliver. I called like 5 times throughout the day because I couldn’t keep my mom home any longer because she had to go to her birthday dinner which was at 7 PM!!!! And customer service people kept giving me different times on delivery. I was so pissed and frustrated. I will never NEVER order from them again. The worst. And a cherry on top was them leaving the bouquet at the door, which they said THEY WILL NOT DO BECAUSE THE FLOWERS WOULD GO BAD. And guess what? They did. So before you order, make sure you clear up your schedule for the whole day so you can wait for their ** flowers.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Kate. Would you be willing to email the order number so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

Original review: May 26, 2019

Flowers were delivered 2 day later than promised and most were wilted and petals falling off. Customer service was horrible to deal with. My money was refunded but that does not atone for the lousy service and product.

FTD response

We definitely don't want you to be disappointed Rick. Could you email the order number and your contact info so we can help?

Original review: May 25, 2019

A close friend passed away and my family wanted to send flowers for the services. I chose a lovely stargazer Lilly - one with lots of Red carnations. The arrangement that was delivered had the Lillies but the rest of the flowers were substitutions that I was never even consulted about. It ended being a pink floral arrangement instead of a red one which was important to the family. I have used this company in the past and have had issues with them not being able to create what they promised. I highly recommend not trusting them for something important like a funeral EVER.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Anita. Could you email the order number and your contact information us?

Original review: May 25, 2019

In April, I purchased a green plant from FTD. The plant was not as described online and was almost dead when it arrived. I contacted FTD and they sent a replacement plant. The second plant was a little better, but it had no moss and did not shine. Needless to say, the second plant is on the way to the garbage. I will not use this service again.

FTD response

We're sorry to hear about this Henrietta. If there's anything we can do please email the order number and your contact information.

Original review: May 24, 2019

My wife was visiting a beach house in Florida over Mother's Day. I ordered flowers from FTD, 2 dozen roses, to be delivered as soon after Mother's Day as possible. They did not arrive. I did receive a delivery confirmation via UPS, but nothing was ever actually delivered. This doesn't seem like it would be FTD's fault, but as they are technically the shipper I had to go through FTD to get resolution. It took a while, but they got back to me with a solution about a week later. They just sent another 2 dozen roses to the same address.

My wife was already home following her vacation, so again the flowers just got delivered to nowhere. I tried to modify the shipment before the flowers shipped to get them sent to my home, but they got sent to the same address in Florida, anyway. She never got her Mother's Day flowers, and the customer service department with FTD didn't even check with me before sending the second order of flowers back out to the same unsuccessful destination. FTD issued a full refund. Interestingly, a lady called my wife and left a voicemail letting her know that for some reason she kept receiving my wife's flowers... She lives nowhere near the address I provided. On the plus side, she did say that the roses are beautiful... So Happy Mother's Day to her, I guess?

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this John. Would you be willing to email the order number so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

Original review: May 24, 2019

Since I have used flower delivery services in the past, I often receive coupons or special codes toward another purchase. These incentives and the quality of the flowers (the arrangements actually look like the pictured display) and the promptness of service have made me a satisfied return customer.

FTD response

Thanks for your feedback and for being a returning customer Len!

Original review: May 23, 2019

FTD had a great selection of flowers which were reasonably price, I was able to get them delivered to my home exactly when I needed them. Excellent communication from FTD about when they were shipped, delivered and how to track them.

FTD response

Thanks for the positive feedback Scott!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: May 22, 2019

On February 14, 2019, FTD had one simple task and that was to deliver flowers to my address on Valentine's Day. Instead I receive a call the next day (15) asking if I loved the flowers and I responded "What Flowers"? Needless to say my brother found the big brown box lying out next to our tool shed in wet mud (it had rained), which is nowhere close to my front porch/door. Had my brother not pulled in that day the box would not have been seen. I'm aware FTD and FedEx should have been held responsible. By the way, they were not being delivered to me but to my 82 yr old mother who believe it or not needed those roses to lift her spirits because her son (a different brother) had just passed away that morning Feb.15, 2019. When I hear someone complain about flowers I'm reminded of that awful day and hella ** service (I apologize for my profanity).

FTD response

We're sorry to hear about this Sarah. If there's anything we can do please email the order number and your contact information.

Original review: May 21, 2019

5-12-19 Places order for next day delivery. Charged $72.75. 5-13 Rec’d email saying it was delivered. 5-15 My mother said she didn’t receive them. Replied to FTD’s email saying they weren’t delivered. 5-17. Emailed again because there was no response, inquiring about the non delivery. 5-19 Called customer service. Said it would be delivered next day. 5-21 Still nothing. Called FTD customer service number twice. Twice disconnected. Emailed asking for refund. Waiting on response.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Dennis. Would you be willing to email the order number so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

Original review: May 21, 2019

I ordered flowers for Mother's Day through FTD and received confirmation that they had arrived on time, but my mom never got her flowers. She lives over a thousand miles away in El Paso and was devastated by the thought that her children hadn't remembered her on Mother's Day. I emailed customer service as soon as I found out what had happened and it's been almost six days with no response from them. I lost $98 with this company.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Kathryn. Could you email the order number and your contact information to us?

FTD expert review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs