2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

3.9/5 (2345 ratings)

About FTD

FTD is a floral and gifts company that operates in the U.S. and Canada. The company has one of the largest networks of florists — customers can choose from more than 30,000 floral shops across the globe and receive same-day shipping services from in-network florists.

FTD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: May 17, 2021

I have used this flower service several times and I have been very happy with their flower arrangements and their delivery services every time. They are prompt and deliver the flowers on time. The delivery drivers are very nice. Overall, this is a great flower company.

FTD response

Thanks for taking the time to share Stephanie!

Original review: May 12, 2021

It's been awhile since I ordered flowers but when I did FTD was and is an familiar name for me. Especially when I was in the military when you have to order flowers over the phone to get to either a friend or family member. Whether it was for a wedding or funeral or bridal shower. Sending flowers or plants always shows family how you feel and they were thought of. I know I enjoy getting flowers from my children and friends. So having a company that delivers is always a great service in my book.

FTD response

This is so wonderful to hear about Marci!

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2021

The florist went above and beyond for us. The flowers were bright and full! There wasn't any wilted and the bouquet of flowers lasted about 7 days with the flower food they provided. The florist delivered on time and was very professional in their delivery. I cannot say enough good about the florist. You can't go wrong with a FTD florist. They did establish the floral standards industry wide.

FTD response

We're so glad to hear about this John! Thanks for taking the time.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I love their service. They are always going the extra mile with outstanding service. If it’s broken they make it right. Service is always with a smile and pleasure to assist their customers. If a mistake occurs they correct immediately and compensate on the mistake. They assure what they stand for in delivery service and pay attention to detail. I’ve always been able to have outstanding service with them.

FTD response

Thank you for taking the time to let us know Mary!

Original review: March 22, 2021

I came to FTD for flower delivery for my mother's birthday because the last company completely failed with dead flowers. The ordering was easy and they delivered on time when they stated they would. I did sign up for the gold membership due to it being almost free after sending 2 flowers for what I would save in fees that were waived. I would highly recommend this company. I really wish I could submit pictures to show how well they did.

FTD response

Hi Wendy, thanks for the kind words! Happy Birthday to your mom - we're so glad to hear that she's enjoying her beautiful flowers!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I ordered a very nice bouquet for a friend's Dad's memorial service. I ordered on a Tuesday in order for them to be delivered on Friday. These were being delivered to a business address and the business close by noon on Fridays. I received confirmation. On Friday, my friend said that the flowers had not been delivered as marked on my order. I had to call to find out why. Apparently they were just late... Customer service asked if they could be delivered that afternoon to the recipient's home, I agreed.

The recipient received a call from the florist who said they would be delivered by 4pm. Again, no delivery, no call. I called FTD once again to find out what happened and I received two excuses for my efforts, this time. One excuse was that the flowers were now in a different postal zip code and the second excuse... "We don't have a driver to take them." Again, Customer service has to tell me, "Guess what, your flowers will have to be delivered on Saturday." Alright, we are still sort of ok, as the memorial service was in Saturday.

Once again, Saturday came and went, WITH NO FLOWERS DELIVERED! At this point FTD totally dropped the ball, then told me that Monday is the only day they can get delivered and they missed the memorial service, entirely. I explained to FTD that there was still more than two hours left in the delivery window and that the flowers were probably ready to just be put in a car and delivered. Nope, Monday. As I write this, it is almost 3:30 pm and the recipient says they have NOT been delivered as of yet. If they aren't delivered today, I will lose my mind on FTD in another call to them!! DO NOT EVER ORDER FLOWERS FROM FTD IF YOU ACTUALLY WANT THEM TO ARRIVE - AT ALL!!

FTD response

We'd like to look into this Bill. Please send an email with your contact information and the order number to communitymanager@ftdi.com

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Ordered for delivery 10/01/2021. As of 3:30 Denver time 10/02/2021 no delivery, no contact, no nothing. Spent nearly $100 for nothing. Will never do business again. Will ask for my money back for failure to deliver.

FTD response

We sincerely apologize John and would like to look into this. Please send an email with the order conformation number to communitymanager@ftdi.com

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I have been a gold member of FTD since 2016. I ordered flowers to be delivered to a coworker's house for the passing of her grandparent. The flowers never arrived. When I contacted FTD the next day they told me there was a problem and they could deliver them the next day--2 days after the original day. I asked why I wasn't contacted about the problem and they could not tell me. Since it was 2 days later, I needed to change the address to be delivered. I spent the next 25 minutes on the phone trying to get this problem resolved. They never once apologized and I had to beg to get some sort of reimbursement. Very disappointed!

FTD response

We sincerely apologize Linda. If there's anything we can do please send an email to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Flowers were never delivered to funeral location. Upon calling FTD, they couldn't tell me anything. They couldn't even tell me what business was supposed to deliver the flowers. The representative said they would do an investigation but he also said FTD would never get back with me to find out the results of the investigation. They protect the incompetent vendor that they contracted with via their "privacy policy" but screw the customer. They owe me more than just a refund.

FTD response

We'd like to look into this. Please email your contact information and the order number to communitymanager@ftd.com.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I ordered flowers that were never delivered. FTD customer service called me this morning. As I was explaining the issue, she commented “thank you for taking this call” and hung up on me. Seriously????

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about this Debbie! Please send your contact information along with the order number to communitymanager@ftd.com so that a member of our team can reach out to help.

FTD author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

FTD Company Information