3.8/5 (2039 ratings)

About FTD

FTD is a floral and gifts company that operates in the U.S. and Canada. The company has one of the largest networks of florists — customers can choose from more than 30,000 floral shops across the globe and receive same-day shipping services from in-network florists.

FTD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Resolution response: May 12, 2022

There was a problem with the florist that the company contracts with, and the flowers weren’t delivered for Mother’s Day. The company reached out to me and refunded my money and sent a free bouquet to my mom.

Original review: May 9, 2022

The flowers were never delivered. Aside from repeatedly telling me that they were “sorry to hear that” their customer service reps did nothing. Even after speaking to a supervisor, I was offered no help. They said they would call me back with further information and they didn’t.

FTD response

Hi Laura - We're really sorry to hear about this, and we'd love the chance to make it right. Please send an email to communitymanager@ftd.com with your order number and we will reach out to you.

Original review: May 8, 2022

The only thing consistent about an order from FTD is that something about it will be horrible and screwed up. There is no quality control with florists, and therein lies the biggest problem. The second is they have singularly stumbled upon the absolutely worst customer service experience possible. The photos are rarely even close to what I paid for, and this last time they just didn't even both to show up. I will never use FTD again. Way to ruin Mothers' Day.

FTD response

Our customers mean a lot to us, so we're sorry to hear about your experience. Let's see what we can do to make it right. If you email us your order details to communitymanager@ftd.com, and we'll have someone reach out.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 7, 2022

I ordered flowers online from FTD for my wife for Mother's Day. The day they were supposed to be delivered the order status still just said received so I contacted their customer service via chat. The customer service rep promptly apologized and then said that they could not find a florist to create my arrangement. They did offer to replace it with another arrangement but what good does that do me? My wife now has no flowers and I have to find an alternative. It is flat out fraudulent to charge someone for a product, know that the product purchased will never be delivered and never contact the customer to let them know. If I had not contacted customer service about it I wonder if they would have ever reached out to me, I doubt they would have. I will never order anything from FTD again.

Original review: May 7, 2022

What a terrible experience I had this Mother’s Day. Placed an order to be delivered the Friday before Mother’s Day knowing the weekend would be busy with possible delays. The flowers were never delivered never received notification or call from FTD or the local florist. Had to call the main customer service today just to be told oops we’re sorry the next available delivery date isn’t until the 12th. Had to cancel my order and receive a refund and try to scramble to get flowers for my wife this weekend.

FTD service is continuing to decline and this is about the third or fourth time my order has been messed up in the last year. I understand the circumstances but there’s no excuse for bad customer service. They have now lost a very long-time customer as I’ll be using other resources including just going to a local florist as I can no longer trust FTD to handle my orders in a professional and timely manner. I’d be very leery of using or recommending them as they have no control over delivery no matter if you pick a time and date in the app they still will ignore it and deliver when they feel like it or not deliver at all. Buyer beware.

FTD response

Colin, Your experience is always our top of mind. Send an email to communitymanager@ftd.com with your order details and someone will reach out soon. Thank you.

Original review: April 29, 2022

I specifically requested delivery before 4pm as my wife gets out of work at 4pm. It's 4:30pm right now and my wife is on way home and flowers were never delivered. They Ruined a nice anniversary surprise. I will never use them again!

FTD response

Our customers mean a lot to us, so we're sad to hear yabout your experience. Let's see what we can do to make it right. If you email us your order details to communitymanager@ftd.com, and we'll have someone reach out.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 29, 2022

My husband ordered me flowers to be sent to the school I teach at. He ordered them 4 days before the delivery date. He put on the order that this is a school and they need to be delivered before noon. They never showed. He asked me if I had received anything on the day of our anniversary and I said no. He called FTD and they would not refund him or tell him which florist was going to deliver them. All they would do is reroute the flowers to our house. They still have not showed up. Happy anniversary to us. We will not use FTD ever again!

FTD response

We're so sorry to see this Kerri. Send us your order details to communitymanager@ftd.com and we'll get to the bottom of this.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I ordered flowers to be delivered on my mom's birthday 6 days before the delivery date. She did not get anything. When I called they said no one was home. She lives in an assisted living facility so that was a lie. She is always home and the facility has a front desk agent to great visitors. They said they would be delivered the next day but they were not. It took several phone calls and finally on the fourth day they were delivered. They did give me a discount but I would rather have had my mom get a gift on her actual birthday. Also one would think that a company as big as FTD would have a preferred vendor in different areas to handle problems rather than to allow something to go three full days past the delivery date. I understand problems arise but if you don’t do it on the day you promised, it should show up the next day at the latest. I will not use them again.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I ordered flowers for my person last Thursday for same day delivery around 11am. The flowers were not delivered so I called and they upgraded the flowers to the biggest size for delivery the next day. On that Friday at 3pm I received an email saying that the flowers couldn't be delivered because they couldn't find the location. She works at Sephora in a mall. I cancelled my order and was refunded.

Yesterday at 10am I went to ProFlowers to send an arrangement not knowing that the 2 companies were tied together. I paid for the middle arrangement and she was sent the small arrangement. It was NOTHING like what I ordered. No lilies, 3 roses, and all unbloomed carnations. I contacted them AGAIN because it was unacceptable and they said that they were sending a new arrangement. The issue isn't that they won't compensate for their mistakes but that it doesn't make the occasion special anymore when it's wrong or not delivered. Maybe they should find a new vendor. I could've bought the same arrangement that was sent from Wegmans for $18 instead of paying $80 and not get what is expected.

Original review: March 26, 2022

I ordered my mom's 95th Birthday arrangement 2 weeks in advance and FTD FAILED to deliver. Sadly, I can't get the moment back seeing mom receive her flowers. There is no reason to be more specific...They FAILED to provide the service that they were paid for and my 95 year old mother will not have the joy of receiving her flowers. We can't recommend this company

Original review: March 24, 2022

First, I have made multiple orders in the past with FTD and have had great success. I ordered flowers for my mother to be delivered on her birthday. She did not receive them on her birthday but a day late, after the advertising and order both indicated delivery on her birthday. I emailed the company about the issue and indicated that they make it right. They replied that they canceled the order and refunded my money. I have yet to confirm the refund but I did not ask for that. She did receive the flowers the next day but they were dead. She opened the package and the flowers fell off the stems. The ones that were barely alive were brown. I was very embarrassed and horrified. I will not use FTD ever again.

FTD author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

FTD Company Information