2.93/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

FTD

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

FTD Reviews

Original review: May 17, 2019

I received absolutely beautiful flowers, both times, for my 26th Wedding anniversary and Easter. They held their bloom for at least 3+ weeks! They had long stems, so they could be cut a few times if needed, the colors were absolutely amazing. :) I received beautiful Tulips for my anniversary and I received beautiful, colorful Lillies for our Easter celebration.

FTD response

We're so glad to hear this Teresa - thanks for sharing!

Original review: May 12, 2019

McCarthy Florist in Chinchilla, Pa. They have the fastest service for delivery. The flowers are breathtaking every time and all my wife's deliveries. Pleasant knowledgeable staff and it's a local florist in town with 3 separate locations for convenience. Whether it's Mother's Day or a birthday or a holiday they're always up to date on the modern day vase or flower holder of your liking. They have very reasonable prices and definitely excellent flowers - fresh and with much aroma of beautiful smelling flowers.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 7, 2019

I ordered the Simply Gorgeous Bouquet yesterday before 2 pm, and my Mom received her fresh birthday bouquet of flowers around noon today; she was beyond happy and literally in tears. Thank you so much for making her day extra special. I will definitely order again in the future!!! PS: I wish there was a way I could attach the picture of her flowers.

FTD response

We're so happy your mom loved her fresh blooms Anatolia!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered flowers for my daughter. They delivered a day later, but they couldn't find a flower shop that had the arrangement I ordered. Wasn't anything exotic and they did finally find someone who did. I was happy they did not send substitute flowers because I ordered the ones I did for a reason.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

We live in a very rural area (pop ~25). This being said, FTD was the only delivery service available for our area - actually they shipped it FedEx. The 800 #'s for flowers just told me, "Sorry we don't deliver to your zip." Very happy that FTD would do it for us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I have sent and received flowers MANY times for multiple companies. The first time I used FTD was to send my Grandma flowers for her 75th birthday. Ordered the DELUXE option and felt it was well worth the $80+ total (based on the photo). My Grandma posted a photo of all of her flowers she received and I didn't see the ones I sent. Then I realized mine were the tiny arrangement that looked like it was worth $15 MAX. Contacted FTD and spoke with "Frey". She assured me that a replacement would be sent the next day.

The next day the florist came and took the original and left my Grandma with the exact same arrangement. I called again and talked to "Frey".. She asked me how many stems were in the arrangement. I told her what I thought based off the photos that my grandparents sent me. I asked her how many were suppose to be in there and she said, "That information is not listed." She kept asking if I was unhappy with the flowers being cut too short.. NO, there are not enough flowers! She said she would had the flowers resent in 2 business days. I told her that I had no faith in the flowers being what I ordered. She then told me that she would suggest that the florist makes the arrangement similar to the photo... EXCUSE ME?! Isn't that what they should have done in the first place?

I told her that it needs to be the DELUXE arrangement that I ordered. She acted surprised and said something about how I did in fact order the DELUXE arrangement that was $70+... She said she would also let the florist know how much I spent on the flowers. Again.. WHY DIDN'T THEY KNOW THIS INFORMATION IN THE FIRST PLACE?! Guess what? The THIRD replacement was NEVER sent! I'm writing a review on EVERY site possible. If you're considering using FTD.. DO NOT DO IT!!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I ordered flowers on December 8 to be delivered on December 10. I received phone call from FTD on December 10 stating local florist did not have a lantern to put in the piece I ordered. They wanted to send something else for a cheaper price. They told me they would give me credit for order I placed and create a new order for another piece it was 3.00 dollars cheaper. I asked if my order will be shipped on the 10 he assured me it would.

On December 11 I received email stating my order was delayed and would not be delivered until December 12. I called ftd they told me order cant be delivered. I explained everything and told him I was not happy. He said he would credit me the additional fee of $4.95 for same day delivery. I told him I paid $18.99 for this to be delivered plus additional $4.95 for same day delivery. He stated yes. I said this is not acceptable due to I wanted this delivered on December 10. He said he promised me it will be delivered on the 12th. So I paid all this money for delivery and not even delivered on the day I wanted it. He would not do anything for me. I will never order from them again.

FTD response

We’d really appreciate the opportunity to look into this Pamela. Could you email the order number and your contact information to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Placed a floral order for my wife's birthday a few days in advance. I was unable to do anything for her this year because a medical issue has me laid up. Waiting all day, no flowers ever came. I felt terrible. I called FTD, and they gave me the excuse about the local florists being unable to fulfill the order. Why did they take the order?!? Why did they not notify me?!? Not just late, no ability to fulfill! FTD can NOT be trusted to help make someone's day special! Spend a few extra minutes and search for a local florist in the delivery area! Note: 1 star is one 1 many, but the lowest this site will accept!

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Michael. Would you be willing to email the order number and your contact information to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

My husband ordered flowers for our first year wedding anniversary. They were over a hundred dollars with delivery fees and honestly looked like they came from a super market. They were just shoved in a vase that was too small for the length of the floral and green leafs and there was no arrangement. It was not nearly as full as the image as well. He called and complained and they said they’d send a new arrangement, they never did. He will never use them again and I’d suggest 1-800 flowers or a super market in the future. They couldn’t be worse than this experience, FTD really ruined a fun surprise at work.

FTD response

We definitely don't want you to be disappointed Laura. Could you ask your husband to email the order number and his contact information to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so we can help?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I ordered a bouquet to be sent on 11/6/19. The bouquet was “old, tired and not what I usually send” was the response to the gift. I contacted FTD via email 3 times and got no response. I then called customer service who ordered another bouquet to be sent. Never happened. Called back to be told they “can’t reach the florist” and they’re going to call me back. Never happened. It has been more than 3 weeks and this is still not resolved. I will never use FTD again. I should have stayed with 1800flowers as I usually do.

FTD response

We'd definitely like to look into this Meredith. Would you be willing to email your contact information the order number to ftd@ftdcommunitymanager.com so that a member of our team can reach out to you?

FTD expert review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs