3.3/5 (442 ratings)

About FTD

FTD is a floral and gifts company that operates in the U.S. and Canada. The company has one of the largest networks of florists — customers can choose from more than 30,000 floral shops across the globe and receive same-day shipping services from in-network florists.

FTD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

Ordered flowers for my mother’s 7Oth. Received order confirmation number. Called when checking delivery status on the day of delivery because status was still “Order received”. Customer Service said they could not find a florist in the area to make the arrangement and the arrangement would not be delivered. Why wasn’t I notified? Customer Service could not offer any flowers to be delivered in time. Extremely upset, frustrated and disappointed.

FTD response

Hi Roseann- We're really sorry to hear about this, and we'd love the chance to make it right. Please send an email to communitymanager@ftd.com with your order number and we will reach out to you.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

What a bunch of crooks!! I ordered flowers on 7/27 through Legacy.com /FTD for a funeral on 7/31/22. I wasn't thinking much of it that it would not get delivered because I got a confirmation email stating that it was delivered on 7/31. After a month goes and I thought I would get a thank you of some sorts. I did not receive any thanks which was weird because it was a family I was close with since 1985. So I reached out to my friend whose father passed and asked if they received flowers from me. He said they didn't get any flowers. I was pissed! So I sent a contact us saying they did not get the flowers so let me know.

I get a reply back saying..."Thank you for contacting us. We apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations (nor our standards!), and we would like to rectify this immediately by sending a re-delivery order at equal or greater value to your original order. Please reply with the following information and we will work to secure the soonest available delivery date:..."

Are they nuts? What a bunch of idiots! They wanted to deliver the flowers a month after the funeral???? When I replied back saying I want a refund then they replied by saying... "We regret to inform you that, despite our best efforts, we were unable to complete the delivery of your order due to the time constraints of the funeral service. We apologize for the notification of this inconvenience via e-mail, but we were unable to reach you at the phone number provided."

How could they not have my email or my phone Number!?!? I ordered through them online! Then I get an email from another person saying..." According to our records your order was successfully delivered on 7/31 at 11:26am. The delivery address provided on your order is Frank A. Patti & Kenneth Mikatarian Funeral Home 327 Main St Fort Lee, NJ 07024. Per your request, we have provided a full refund. Due to our no hassle policy, we provided the refund in full without any hassle. If you require further assistance, please contact us directly at (800) 736-3383."

I replied back saying that I got a delivery confirmation as well.. So I am getting different stories from them! How I took that response was that they didn't believe that the flower wasn't delivered just by starting off the reply by stating that the flowers WAS delivered! Very passive aggressive response from FTD! I took it as they think the family LIED about NOT getting the flowers OR I am lying about it just so I can get a refund or something! How low would they think especially for a funeral flowers??? Are you kidding me??? If I didn't reach out to them, THEY WOULD HAVE TOOK MY MONEY WITHOUT FLOWERS! DO NOT USE THEM!! THEY ARE HORRIBLE! Bunch of idiots and incompetent business!

FTD response

We're working diligently to make sure each customer has a pleasant experience. Let's look into this for you Masaya. Drop us an email to communitymanager@ftd.com with your order details and a team member will get right on this.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

4 days late, 3 phone calls, over 2 hours on the phone, and still no flowers delivered. A complete failure from FTD customer service and a lack of communication with their network of florists. I'm not sure how they are still in business. As a tip, just Google a local florist and call them directly - do not use FTD - it will save you a lot of embarrassment, you won't waste time trying to speak to someone who isn't all lip service, and your flowers might actually be delivered on or near the event you're trying to acknowledge.

FTD response

Our customers mean a lot to us Wendy, so we're sad to hear this happened. Let's see what we can do to make it right. If you email us your order details to communitymanager@ftd.com, we'll have someone reach out.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Ordered off the FTD website. Apparently the company has gone thru multiple changes of ownership and now offers terrible service. They accepted my order and charged me $13 extra for Saturday delivery. Turns out they were shipping the flowers via UPS from Texas to my sister in CA. Multiple stops in between. They arrived two days late and in bad shape. Wilted and brown on the edges. Trying to get a refund and can't get thru to talk to a human. Call the neighborhood florist! My mistake ordering from FTD.

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about this Brian. Could you please send the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com so that we can reach out to you?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

Despite verbiage of customer service, FTD falls flat in practice. I ordered flowers for my girlfriend and they never notified her of the delivery. The flowers cooked in the August sun of Arizona. I contacted them and they sent another delivery. My girlfriend was home but not notified again; the flowers wilted in the heat. I asked for a refund: no answer. I have repeatedly asked how to search for flowers without a vase. I finally got answer—"how to take care of tulips”. Also, the exorbitant delivery charge makes FTD a poor choice. For proof, here's my Order # **.

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about this Lou. Could you please send the order number along with your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com so that we can reach out to you?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Ordered 24 roses. Paid for 24 roses. 12 were delivered. FTD refused to send 24 roses since recipient received half of her order yesterday. Ridiculous. Run from this business. Shop elsewhere. Will not use again.

FTD response

We're so sorry to hear about this Bill. Could you email the order number and your contact information to communitymanager@ftd.com so that we can help?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I ordered flowers bouquet to be delivered through FTD. The recipient posted on social media. They were awful... wilted, sparse and not at all like the picture. All at a cost if over $130. I contacted FTD and they said they would resend...never did and never heard from them again. I will never use them again or recommend. FTD is a scam.

FTD response

Hi Sandra- We're really sorry to hear about this, and we'd love the chance to make it right. Please send an email to communitymanager@ftd.com with your order number and we will reach out to you.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Picked out a lovely bouquet of flowers to send to a friend to honor the death of her father. The picture on the website was beautiful and lush and I chose the upgraded version. My friend sent a photo and it had about 1/4 or less of the flowers but lots of baby's breath. Very disappointed. Will not use FTD again. Would like to find out who the florist was, but they don't tell you that info. Definitely a scam that includes the local florist in on it.

FTD response

Hi Ed - We're really sorry to hear about this, and we'd love the chance to make it right. Please send an email to communitymanager@ftd.com with your order number and we will reach out to you.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I ordered flowers for my cousin. Her daughter was murdered exactly a year ago today, and I wanted her to know that I remembered and that I cared. I ordered them several weeks ago, but they were never delivered. I am beyond frustrated.

FTD response

We are so sorry to see this Jennifer. Please email your order # to communitymanager@ftd.com so we can reach out to you.

Original review: June 2, 2022

Ordered flowers for my 82 year mother who is also ill. Was told that they could not fulfill my order with my selection and that they would send a substitution - which I agreed. Incredibly, the flowers that arrived were DEAD. They offered to immediately send a replacement bouquet, within a couple of days - but failed to do so. Almost a week after I placed the order and still only dead flowers for my mother. Lies and incompetence. Stay away.

FTD response

We're so sorry about this Tom. Send us your order details to communitymanager@ftd.com and we'll get to the bottom of this.

FTD author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

FTD Company Information