1.47/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1026 FTD Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I ordered flowers for a special birthday to be delivered on 1/24. I ordered them a week early to make sure they had plenty of time. They were delivered the same day after specifically asking to have them delivered on the 24th. The birthday surprise is ruined. When I called customer service to tell them what happened, it was suggested by Christian that I have them send the same bouquet on the 24th. That makes absolutely no sense. He talked me into ordering a different bouquet to "make it better." He offered me a small discount ($8.00) and told me the other bouquet would be refunded. Instead of refunding me, they charged me the same amount twice.

After staying on hold for about 20 minutes, I was told by supervisor Lawrence that the way they work is to charge the same amount and then discount the offered discount. What?! Then he offered me an additional 40% discount. So now, I have two charges on my card with the promise of three refunds in 24 hours. I honestly don't know how they are still in business. I wish I would have done more research. I will NEVER order anything from them again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I will never use FTD.com again. I ordered flowers to be delivered on a specific date (with plenty of time to meet that date) and received an email that it was delivered but my recipient did not receive. When I called the next day and reported it they said they would contact the florist and get upgraded flowers delivered that day but that also did not happen. Apparently the florist contacted my recipient and arranged for a Monday delivery (this was a Saturday) so then FTD tried to tell my recipient changed the date but that was not the case.

I called on Monday and was once again assured UPGRADED flowers would be sent and I fought and finally received a 20% discount but still not enough because it did not cover the delivery fee that was charged for the original Friday delivery. I got a picture of the flowers sent and I question if they even looked like the picture of the original flowers - seemed much smaller so no way was it an upgrade! Bottom line I will NEVER use FTD again - I understand problems happen but the customer service was not at all what I would expect!

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I ordered a lovely basket of flowers for my aunt's funeral. The flowers that were delivered were nothing like the ones I had ordered. Contacted FTD.com for refund three times. No response. Horrible business. They should be shut down.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I ordered flowers for my mom for her birthday because I was disappointed I could not make it out to see her that weekend. Ordering was easy, the selections were beautiful. They took my money no problem. However, my mom never received the flowers. It was devastating to me. And FTD sent me an email letting me know the delivery was on the way. When my mom said she didn't receive the delivery I inquired only to be sent an email stating the flowers were delivered. Where?? At this point no one could answer my questions. Losing money is one thing but the fact that my mom did not receive the flowers for her birthday was even worse. I used this company because like others I thought it was reputable. IT IS NOT! Use someone else if you actually want a product. Wish I'd read the reviews first.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My flowers don't look nothing like what the picture that I ordered them from nor was they delivered on the "guaranteed" same day. I read a lot of my issues on this site but still ordered, please believe me and these complaints.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I ordered flowers online for a family after their recent experience of several deaths. The flowers that I ordered were beautiful, The delivery time was great, but the flowers that were delivered were completely wrong! They looked awful compared to what I requested. The colors nor flowers were right. I could have walked around my neighborhood and picked those flowers and put them together myself. Lesson learned, will never order flowers online again!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I ordered flowers to be delivered to a funeral and the bouquet had probably half of the amount of flowers than the picture that is provided online. No way there was $50 worth of flowers. I have the pictures as proof. Very dissatisfied and will never order from them again.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Extremely disappointed in the level of customer service from FTD. I paid $110 for same day delivery that never happened. I get an email stating that the room that my mom was in was not allowed to receive flowers, which was a complete lie. My mom was in the room and receiving flowers from others. FTD said this florist would keep trying to deliver. Fast forward 30 hours later, and all I hear is crickets. No update, no delivery, nothing. Trying to call FTD is an absolute nightmare. I had to try 3-4 times to get through and when I get through I couldn't even understand the person on the phone.

I then had to go through over 10 minutes of verifying my order, which this rep had all the information I already gave him, name, delivery address, order number, etc. Super frustrating. Then all I wanted was to cancel the order and get my money back. So I'm put on hold two times again. Then a supervisor "Grace" gets on the phone and doesn't even ask what she could do for me to make this right.

She insisted the florist tried to deliver yesterday and couldn't. When I asked why they haven't delivered today since it's been over 30 hours she asked if I called the florist which is hard to do because FTD never supplied the name of the florist. After much pain and frustration I was told I would get a refund. I will never purchase from FTD nor any florist affiliated with FTD because of this experience. FTD did not care, did not ask to make it right, did not deliver as promise and did not provide good customer service. All I wanted to do is brighten my mother's day and all I got in return was frustration from FTD.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

It was a small funeral and there weren't very many flowers. If the flowers I ordered were there it would have been easy to find them. They weren't. I stepped out into the foyer of the mortuary and called FTD to inquire about the order. They put me through about 10 minutes of verifying the order. I was at the viewing and told them so. They were very disrespectful of the situation and required a lot of information from me before they would even look up the order. Then they put me on hold for about 10 minutes. I finally hung up. They didn't even try to call back.

I called again the following morning and went through the whole verification routine again. Then they came back on the phone and told me the flowers had been delivered. I told them they had not and I wanted my money back. They offered to have them delivered to the residence but what good is that? The funeral was over. They agreed to refund my money to my credit card and I told them if it wasn't I would contest the charge on my card. The worst part of this experience wasn't that the flowers weren't delivered. Mistakes happen. The worst part is their customer service. It's terrible. I will never order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I ordered the “I’ll be Home” bouquet in exquisite for my mother for Christmas and I was utterly disappointed by what was delivered, the bouquet was nothing like what I was promised through their website. What arrived included flowers that were not supposed to be in the bouquet, the greenery was thrown over the flowers and was clearly added at the last second, and the green foam that the flowers are in was visible from the side.

I immediately called FTD, to ask for a new one (exactly like what the website showed) to be delivered the next day, and the woman said, "Not a problem. It would be there for Christmas Eve." Nothing arrived on Christmas Eve, so I called back and asked again for a new one to be delivered on Boxing Day, and I was told that it would be there on Boxing Day. Again nothing arrived. I called a third time on the 26th and asked for a new arrangement to be sent and the woman guaranteed it would be there by the 27th. Big surprise, nothing arrived!! I finally called back on the 29th and spoke with a manager and once again explained my whole situation, only to find out that nothing had even been marked on my file/order to show that I was to be sent a new bouquet.

The manager could’ve cared less, and said it would be impossible to send me a new bouquet at this point because my original order had been refunded. When I pressed him again saying that I don’t care that my original order was refunded, I still wanted a new bouquet sent to my mother, the most he could do was offer me a $25 gift card for my next order (which doesn’t even comparable to all the crap I went through with customer service). All in all, they care very little about their customers and about the quality of their products and services. I will never be ordering from them again and I will not be recommending them to anyone in the future.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I ordered flowers to be delivered on Christmas Eve. I ordered them a few days in advance. Not only were they not delivered but FTD never contacted me. I contacted them on the 26th and they said they were sorry and that they would deliver them the next day and would refund the amount charged to my CC. Today they still have not been delivered and when I called they told me it was because they were out of that bouquet. That's it! They never planned to call me. Today is the 29th and they told me they will deliver the flowers on the 3rd. Oh and should they change the card to "Happy New Year". No apologies or anything. I will never order from FTD again. Keep your USAA discount!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

After numerous attempts to contact the company l was able to send an email and get a response stating that delivery could not be completed because no one is there. It was a place of business which I confirmed was open. Several more attempts to contact them took me to the Philippines and then to Illinois. I was given a refund. No loss to them, but my gift to my wife on her birthday was ruined by FTD. Never again!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

The assistance was wonderful, the selection was so-so, the price seemed - pricey. I might order again. The flowers arrived on time, my sister was pleased, and the gentleman who helped me was simply fantastic.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I wish I would have read review before using this company, but I always looked at FTD a reputable company. After reading reviews everyone has the same problem. FTD does not deliver. I was so patient. Flowers should have been delivered on Friday Dec 21, but the evening I called FTD and inquired they didn't have an answer. Promise me an email with an update, no email. Saturday I felt confident they would deliver, no delivery. FTD subcontracts with these florist and they don't have a better means of communication to avoid a break in customer service??? They lied and said they try to deliver but no was home and no one answered the phone. I said funny, my mother is 88 years old, where would she be??? Why didn't the florist call me?

So because of this company's lack of work ethics, it had such a huge impact on my mother's Christmas. These flowers was one additional gift to put a smile on her face and your company stole that from her. I will never?!!! Purchase anything from your company again. And I would warn anyone that is purchasing flowers don't order from this company from the reviews I am not the first. How many times does your company keep the proceeds and the buyer never realized you didn't deliver???

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Wish I had come to this site before ordering. Ordered flowers for our 45th wedding anniversary. Received an order confirmation. Then received another confirmation that the flowers would be delivered on anniversary date. No flowers. Customer service was no help. Just saying maybe they would be delivered two days late. Will never use them again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered flowers for my daughter. They delivered a day later, but they couldn't find a flower shop that had the arrangement I ordered. Wasn't anything exotic and they did finally find someone who did. I was happy they did not send substitute flowers because I ordered the ones I did for a reason.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

My boss ordered flowers for my father's funeral and they never showed up yet he received an email stated they were delivered. (And they were not cheap flowers either.) He called them and they told him I could only receive 1 set of flowers for the funeral (my aunt also got me flowers but they were half dead). Even if that was the case which I know is not true. Why send that email? Why even let the purchase go through? This company is horrible and don't know how they're even still on business.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered a beautiful red centerpiece from FTD. It was $ 77 which is not cheap. I received a small white centerpiece of mostly carnations. Very poor quality. Trying to get customer service to help is a long frustrating process. The associates are not entirely fluent in English. I will not order with FTD again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

We live in a very rural area (pop ~25). This being said, FTD was the only delivery service available for our area - actually they shipped it FedEx. The 800 #'s for flowers just told me, "Sorry we don't deliver to your zip." Very happy that FTD would do it for us.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Product never delivered, even though I received an email saying it was. Don't bother contacting them by email, they won't reply. Don't call either, their customer service reps are in another country (I suspect in Asia somewhere) and they can't tell you anything anyways. Additionally there is a $17.99 service fee on every order they add on.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

The flowers were frostbitten from shipment, then customer service tried to blame UPS, then my 96 year old mother, saying she bought cheap flowers so shouldn’t expect quality flowers for $40. If it’s important to you to purchase quality products from companies with integrity then buy your gifts elsewhere. This company is a global ripoff. Shame on them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Ordered flowers for a friend’s 40th birthday. Paid $100 for a bouquet and the pic she sent me looks NOTHING like the picture on the website. The bouquet she received was a quarter of the size shown on the website and the colors were all different. I could’ve gotten a better bouquet at Costco for $20.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Several problems with them. First I ordered from them online because they had a 20% off special happening on everything, no coupon required. Their website was being buggy so I refreshed the page. When I refreshed it and placed my order I realized the 20% off was no longer applied, even though it was still advertised on the website. I emailed them about it and still haven’t heard anything back.

Second, they missed the delivery date. No call, no email, no warning at all saying the flowers weren’t delivered. I paid $80 several days in advance, I think they should have warned me they weren’t going to arrive. Even when I called they couldn’t give me a reason as to why they weren’t delivered. They did give me 20% off for the inconvenience, So I finally got that original 20% off I guess. Still not a great thing because it was for a new bosses first day and now the moment had passed for the gesture. Third, the message I wrote on the card wasn’t delivered with it, it didn’t even say it was from me. Luckily I was there to tell her it was from me. Also they said they would email me when it was delivered but I never got that email. So currently I’m still waiting on my 20% back and am just unimpressed with the whole process.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I feel like my review will seem like a scam, but I'm honestly confused by all of the negative reviews. FTD was the ONLY website I could find with both of the holiday plants that I wanted available for immediate delivery. Had a great sale going and sent the plants to two separate addresses. BOTH were delivered perfectly on time and I received wonderful feedback from each of the recipients. They couldn't believe the amazing quality. I reached out to FTD with a question about the order and they responded so quickly and were really sweet and really helpful!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Ordered a special Thanksgiving bouquet - large expensive centerpiece for family dinner. Paid for delivery on Wed Nov 21 (The day before Thanksgiving), delivery was supposed to be guaranteed by 6 PM... Assured my brother-in-law that I had the floral centerpiece covered for the Thanksgiving dinner. Flowers never arrived the day before Thanksgiving or the day of Thanksgiving or at all. Great hassle on website trying to track down the order, finally called and had a dreadful experience with customer service. They’re only suggested solution was to deliver Thanksgiving bouquet two days after Thanksgiving, when family were all going to be out of town and the dinner would be long over. The inexplicable part was they didn’t contact me to say there would be no delivery, or that the delivery date had been missed. Nothing open on Thanksgiving day for me to go by replacement... Never will use this site again.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

What a disappointment. Ordered over $100 flower arrangement for our daughter, to be delivered to her work, so that she would be appreciated throughout the day. Flowers arrived at 4:30, 1/2 hour before she leaves, and quality was terrible. FTD response has been nothing from my inquiry online to customer service, other than an email acknowledging receipt of the form.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I ordered for my mother's birthday 18 red roses...her favorite. She received an ugly brown thing that looked like a centerpiece or something that would sit on a casket. Not even close. When I emailed custserv@ftd.com, I got silence. I don't know these guys stay in business. Avoid at all cost.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I purchased flowers for my bf for his birthday. Because of our distance I figured online would be the best option. Unfortunately I ran into FTD. I ordered their biggest batch of flowers. I was so embarrassed when he sent me a picture of what he received. It looked like they had been stolen from someone’s front yard. Wilted, sad, not enough flowers. If the largest batch looked like that, I am curious to see what the smallest one looked like. I was so disappointed and embarrassed. I sent an email complaint twice and no response. NEVER USE FTD. They’re a scam. I paid over 100 US dollars for garbage. I wish I could post pictures. I’m sure you’d get a good laugh at it. Garbage company. Garbage customer service. Needs to shut down.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I ordered the mid size Beyond Blue bouquet for my aunts funeral through the funeral homes website. The bouquet was extremely small. Not even close to being like the photo. To say that I was disappointed is an understatement. I spent $50.00 on that bouquet and then another 20.00 to get it delivered and then add tax. So for almost 80.00 I got a bouquet that was less than what I could have walked into Owen's or any other store that has ready made and picked up a much nicer and Bigger arrangement. Never again will I ever use this company. I was talking to another family member about it and she said that the same thing happened to her and she won't use them either. Not sure if it is the florist that you guys are using or if you are not paying for what we order and are reducing our orders to a smaller version. Whatever it is, we are getting ripped off and you are losing customers. I only need to get burnt once and you got it. Never ever again.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I ordered a basket of flowers for my wife’s birthday on Thursday for delivery for Saturday. Four days later, the flowers have still arrived. I had to call customer service to inquire what happened. They never contacted me. They had excuses that the local florist did have the irises, and therefore did not deliver the basket. No one ever contacted me and I have called them four times. FTD is very poor on communication. I am disappointed that my wife never received my gift.

FTD expert review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs