1.31/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1069 FTD Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

On Feb 15th, I ordered a Zen Garden for a friend in Maine whose spouse had died on Valentine’s Day. Of all things... couldn’t be sadder. I was assured that it would be delivered that same day (that actually made me suspicious, they never promise that!). Three days later I was made aware by another friend that the item never showed up. So I called the dreaded 1.888 number several times because of being placed on ignore twice for over 25 minutes. Finally, after another attempt when the person answered, I said “Stop, don’t place me on hold”. She begrudgingly took my reference number and “researched” and said that they were unable to deliver because a designer in the area could not be located.

Seriously?? That’s a real florist’s excuse?? The item on their website is undeliverable because they don’t have a designer?? How about this... ”I’m sorry that could not be delivered as promised, would you like to reorder another item or refund?” Why has customer care and common manners gone out the window? I was told that it would be delivered that day, the18th. So... today is the 20th and still nothing has arrived. I tried the 1.888 number again for Troys Florist and it rang your over 20 min. I have now sent an email requesting a refund and an apology. I’m not gonna hold my breath. I’m probably just going to eat $78 if nothing. Live and learn. FTD hands out its letters to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I ordered my granddaughter a Valentine bouquet with vase and chocolates on 2/12/19, was assured delivery would be Friday the 15th of February. I agreed to these terms and waited to hear from our granddaughter who was excited to get goodies delivered to her. The delivery was never made, nor were we informed either by email or phone call. I spoke with an FTD customer rep today Feb. 20th and was informed that although he apologizes they must have ran out of product and was willing to do a new delivery tomorrow but as it was after Valentine's Day it would have to be a new order, he would refund our original amount and charge me for the new order either tulips with a vase or long stem roses with a vase at $63.51. I am appalled that this is the best you can do after not communicating with me to begin with. In future, we will not be using FTD.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My husband sent me Valentine's rose bouquet which also included a stuffed bear. Within less than 24 hours of receiving them they were turning brown and looked awful. We emailed customer service but have not yet heard anything from them. So apparently their customer service is as bad as their product. They charged my husband $167.00 for this crap. It’s pretty sad when supermarket flowers are nicer and last longer than any FTD florist. They don’t even deserve one star. We should have the option of giving negative stars.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Every time my family orders from FTD the flowers arrive wilted. Most recently, my dad ordered me roses for Valentine's day and they came on Feb 15th after being promised on the 14th and they're all black around the edges. I tried to contact FTD customer service via phone and the line hung up on me. So I tried their online chat function, and there was "no agent available." So I called the customer service number back again and this time I got someone who was speaking in heavily accented English (I assumed from a foreign call center) who tried to tell me that "noemail at noemail.com" was a valid email address. Awful.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Flowers delivered on time, but...they looked awful! The small arrangement for Valentine's Day came in a sealed box handed over by a delivery service like FedEx or UPS. Inside the box was a glass vase and a tightly bound bunch of flowers that appeared lifeless. The instructions said to place the flowers in water after snipping off the stems and to add half the packet (enclosed). What happened to fresh flowers prepared by the local florist and having them delivered by a smiling person? The whole idea of a beautiful arrangement arriving unexpectedly to be admired by co-workers is gone. This was NEVER stated by FTD. Never again will I call FTD.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FTD?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Do not use FTD. I ordered flowers for a 2/14 delivery and they never arrived. I then spoke with Jelly who told me that they would be delivered 2/15. They never arrived. I then spoke with another rep today, 2/16, who did issue a full refund, but it still doesn't fix the fact that the flowers never arrived. HORRIBLE. It's my mother's first Valentine's day alone since she lost her husband and now I can't even give that gift to her of receiving flowers at work because of this epic FAIL!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My husband ordered flowers from FTD for Valentine's Day. They were never delivered. After a frustrating customer service call with someone who spoke broken English and later chatting with a CS agent, they promised to get an “upgraded” arrangement to my office the following day before 4:00. The flowers didn’t arrive until 5:00 on a Friday after I had left the office. No follow up from them to let me know when they would actually arrive. We now have to make an extra trip down to my office to pick them up. Terrible company, terrible customer service. We will never use them again. And I hope this post convinced others not to use them either.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I had the gold membership for 20.00 USD per year for the last 7 years. Now when I order it flowers I get charged 20.00 each time. I deleted my account. I will deliver flowers personally for that price.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I would rate FTD a zero if I could. Ordered a bouquet, balloons, chocolates, and a teddy bear for my daughter in college on 2/10 to be delivered on 2/13 - the day before Valentine's. Got an email saying my order was canceled on 2/13. Called to find out why and a gentleman in India said he had no idea why and put me on hold and claimed he spoke to the florist and they would deliver on the 14th with a free upgrade. Got an email on 2/14 saying my order was canceled, and again, with no explanation and that my credit card would be refunded.

Called again asking what the hey! Another gentleman in India said he didn't know why, put me on hold, talked to the florist, came back and apologized and said they would be delivered for free the day after Valentine's on the 15th. You guessed it, nothing showed up. They tell you they are upgrading to get you off the phone. Please, please, please do not trust this horrible company. Otherwise, you and your loved one will be sorely disappointed. Call a florist direct. That's what I did and had flowers delivered on the 15th, the day after Valentine's. This experience just totally broke my heart -- for the first time since my daughter was in kindergarten she didn't get flowers from Mom and Dad on Valentine's Day. And the fact that it was her first year away from home in college made it all the more gut-wrenching.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Been ordering flowers from FTD for many years and have always had a good experience. Well, ok; there was that one time the flowers smelled like cigarette smoke, but that turned out to be the fault of the delivery guy, not FTD. Makes me wonder how FTD vets their florists… Anyway, this year I ordered several days in advance of Valentine’s Day as I always had, was guaranteed delivery on the 14th to my place of work (wife works here also). All looked normal as it always had.

The 14th came and went. No flowers. Hard to explain to my wife that there are no flowers for her on Valentine’s Day. Got a call later that evening from the florist who was trying to deliver the flowers long after my office had already closed, and long after the time FTD says it guarantees delivery to businesses. It's hard when the internet says FTD is the best flower delivery company out there. How can this be? It appears that something has changed fundamentally with FTD in recent years, and that they do not vet their florists the same way they used to. The quality of the flowers over the past few years has gone downhill, and this year, wow. Not sure what I can say other than look elsewhere. I just cannot recommend doing business with FTD until which time they get back to a culture of good customer service including vetting their florists with much stricter guidelines as they once had.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Like others have said, if I could give 0 stars, I would. This has to be the worst experience I have had with a floral company ever. I spent A LOT of money on a floral arrangement for my mom for Valentine's Day. I had the order confirmed to be shipped on February 14th. I go all day constantly refreshing my email waiting for the delivery confirmation, and never got it. I called about 10 times throughout the day and could not speak to a single person, it would ring and ring with no answer or I the call would drop.

I eventually called at MIDNIGHT to ask about my order and was told "the local florist could not fulfill delivery." I was not notified at all. They apologized for the inconvenience and told me they would give me a free upgrade (more flowers apparently). The flowers were finally delivered on February 15th around noon. They look NOTHING like the order I placed. And that upgrade they promised? Doesn't look they upgraded much of anything. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. UNRELIABLE.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Made the order to have flowers and chocolate delivered to my mother's office on Valentine’s day. To my surprise I called my mother to see if she received it yesterday and nothing. About 20 minutes ago I receive an email stating they tried to call me... Nothing!!! And that my order wasn't able to be processed and that I needed to call them. Unable to get a manager to speak with the rep said nobody is available. Now they are offering to upgrade the order with no explanation on what the upgrade is exactly. I've been on hold for 10 minutes and now she came on line and said they can’t help me. Just refunding my money. Unbelievable!!! Absolutely terrible!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I ordered a dozen roses for my girlfriend for Valentine's day. I ordered the flowers in January so they had plenty of time to know my order. I paid $70+ for 12 roses and a vase, including Extra so that they would be ensured to be delivered on February 14th, before 12pm, so she would get them before she went to work. I quickly learned I should have looked at reviews before using this company. I guess I was just excited to order her surprise flowers.

The day they were supposed to be delivered, I got an email with a tracking number saying they were out for delivery. I kept trying to track my flowers, but it only said that a customer rep would contact me via email, which never happened. I tried multiple times throughout the day, along with other means of contact, like trying their Live Help Line on the website (Which just took me to a blank page with tiny text saying that nobody was available to take my request), and calling their number (I was hung up on before anyone even answered).

I found out today (Feb. 15th) that my flowers were not even made until this morning, a full day later than I paid for, and were then delivered. While I'm happy they even got there at all, and my girlfriend said the flowers are beautiful, it is still absolutely ridiculous how horrible the service is. I would have at least liked someone to tell me that they are running late due to order volume, cause then I would understand what's happening with my order instead of thinking it was lost. As a disclaimer, I completely understand that valentines is a busy day for any flower company, and the delivery being a little late would be understandable. But customer service was completely abysmal, and again, I paid extra to ensure on time delivery. I really should have checked online reviews first, and I will not be using this company again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My boyfriend ordered flowers for me to my job for Valentine’s Day. It was supposed to be a surprise but by 330 pm he finally asked me “you didn’t get a delivery of flowers to your job? They emailed me saying delivered at 235 pm”. I walked around the office and No flowers to be seen. They were never delivered. I spent over an hour trying to call the FTD number and kept getting hung up on or the call would not go through. I finally got ahold of some woman and begged her to not hang up on me. I just wanted some answers or at least a REFUND OF THE 75 dollars to my boyfriend. The woman said the florist that was supposed to deliver the flowers was closed, I said give me the name or number. What florist closes at 430 on Valentine’s Day? She said she “couldn’t disclose that information.” What a joke. She said she’d take care of it and hung up.

I will probably never get these flowers and even if I do a week from now so what? The point was to receive them on VALENTINES DAY? My boyfriend spent $20 alone on a delivery fee, what delivery?! My boyfriend and I Spent the evening annoyed and frustrated- what a way to spend Valentine’s Day. This company is a scam and a disgrace. They should be ashamed ruining people’s holidays/funerals/thoughtful gestures and stealing people’s money. FTD probably stands for FAKE TULIP DELIVERY. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

If I could rate zero stars I would. I ordered flowers the day before Valentine’s Day early in the afternoon to be delivered to my wife at her work at the school where she teaches. On the morning of Valentine’s Day I called and requested the flowers be delivered prior to 330 when the school closes. I was told that I could not make a request such as this and that they were not allowed to let me know which florist was doing the actual delivery so I could call them. I was told I would just have to wait for an email confirmation from FTD that They had been delivered. I received an email at 3:30 the exact time my wife leaves work that my order had been canceled and they were unable to do the delivery. When I called I was told that I will have to wait 3 to 5 days for a refund and was not even offered an apology. Will never use them again. Suggest that nobody ever uses them.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I ordered 2 dozen red roses for my girlfriend to be delivered to her place of work on Valentine’s Day. She finished work, no flowers. I assumed they had arrived after she left, as the business remains open until 6-7 pm. She arrived at work on the 15th, no flowers had been delivered. There is no tracking available whatsoever for orders. They have a box you can tick to ask for a status. That just prompts a message saying they will e-mail you AFTER they have been delivered? I called them late in the afternoon on Valentine’s Day to see if they could see where they were. An automated message, (after several minutes on hold), tells you that they cannot give updates until they get the lists of deliveries back in the evening, so they shall inform you next day? I am pretty sure my girlfriend would have informed me herself, had they arrived. My Advice, do not use this company under any circumstances. I am now trying to get a refund.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I made 2 online orders for flowers to be delivered to my daughters in Canada for Valentine's Day. The orders totaled over $400/CND. After 6 emails from them for changes to the vases and types of flowers available and numerous telephone calls to confirm the changes were acceptable... They lost both orders and could not find them in their system. This is despite me providing them with email evidence of their order confirmation. This went on for 3 days, from the order date on February 11 to February 14th. On top of that my visa card was charged for the full amount. I am not looking forward to trying to get this resolved!! I have been using FTD for years, but their services has went to **.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Very disappointing experience with this company. I got lured by GROUPON in order to buy FTD deal of $40 with in flowers for $15. I purchased, I schedule delivery for February 13th on the same day by 12:30pm since policy indicates: Orders before 2pm local time will be guaranteed delivery. Remember I had to pay extra $20 same day delivery. I received a confirmation email at 3:50pm stating that the delivery already took place. 4:53pm 800 FTD number calls me to apologize for the inconvenience but local florist wasn't able to fulfill delivery on that day. I was upset and disappointed then.

The person on the phone convinced me to take the delivery on February 14th instead and the extra fee for same delivery will be reimbursed, I request a confirmation email. They said it would take up to 5 days to get $10.80 back into my debit card for extra delivery fee reimbursement. So I went on with the change. I was hoping to hear my girlfriend all excited about the gift, but no it didn't happened. I called to check status at 5:30pm the 800 FTD number and after 5-6 tries I got to speak with someone, hard to understand since it seems they are in India. It was more like a broken English.

They told me the delivery wasn't there yet posted on their screen. To please be patient since they policy says to expect delivery between 9am to 9pm local time. 20 minutes after 9pm and at least 8-9 tries to communicate with the 800 FTD number someone answered. They said they were very sorry but they didn't see my delivery was made. I was very upset and disappointed that I just cancel my order since they were unable to fulfill they false promises. Now I have to wait patiently for my refund and I can only say something. ** This Delivery FTD.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I'm a gold member and have been for 3 years. This is the second time that my wife has been disappointed on Valentine's day. I Ordered the flowers a full seven days in advance and she got nothing. At 10:20 PM I received an email saying that the flowers have been delivered. Lie! I will be canceling my membership and requesting my money back in full. Stay Away unless you want your love to be disappointed too!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Ordered flowers for my mom for Valentine’s Day a week ago. This being my 95 yr old mom's first Valentine’s Day since my dad passed after 65 yrs of marriage. He asked me to be sure my mom always had flowers on Valentine’s Day and their anniversary. Flowers had not delivered by 5:00 so I called, they promised me they’d be delivered by 6:00. Now I know they lied just to get me off the phone. By 9:00, still no flowers. I called again and on hold for a supervisor for 35 minutes. No compassion or care from the company whatsoever. I’ve been an FTD Gold member for many years. They did not care about my years as a customer or their failure to deliver today. Offered only a small discount and delivery tomorrow. Gold membership cancelled. I will NEVER do business with FTD again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I placed two orders for my wife and daughter a week ago to be delivered on 2/14/19. They work at the same place. Daughter got hers in the morning but my wife’s never arrived. Called the 1800 number and got disconnected 11 times. Finally got through only to have the customer service person tell me that it couldn’t be delivered because they didn’t have a physical address which is total BS. She could not explain how they managed to deliver my daughter's flowers. She then tried to end the call and I demanded a supervisor. I spoke to the supervisor who told me that it wasn’t delivered because it was outside the florists delivery area. Again, couldn’t explain why my daughter's flowers made it but not the wife’s. I demanded and eventually received a refund. Don’t get angry with these people but do be firm and demand resolution. Get the names of everyone you speak to. I will never use FTD again. They have poor customer service and obviously don’t care.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Ordered flowers a week in advance to be delivered by local florist to wife on 2/14/19 (Valentine's Day). By 5 pm no show, no call, no message, not answering phone calls. Flowers never made it. Had to dispute credit card charge. Stay far away from them.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I placed an order on 02/08/09 to have a fruit arrangement delivered to my wife's high school, where she works, delivered today 02/14/19 Valentine's Day. Nothing could possibly go wrong because I ordered almost a week in advance, right? To my surprise, not only did my wife not receive her arrangement today, but school is out until Tuesday of next week. I made 14 phone call attempts to only be disconnected on half of them and the line busy the rest. After finally getting through I was told that they would love to deliver the arrangement to my home tomorrow since my wife would be home, but unfortunately the arrangement was only available for Valentine's Day. WHAT? I was then offered a floral arrangement but my wife HATES flowers. I requested a refund that was eventually granted in full but Valentine's Day is ruined now. Never shopping here again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I have been using FTD for years -- this is the last time, unfortunately. The quality assurance (or lack there of) is not what it use to be. I could always count on FTD -- not anymore. Droopy petals looking more like a 1-800-Flower hodgepodge mess. So I decided I would give them another try. I ordered TWO different flowers going to "two" different locations: one in MO. and the other in TX. One was supposed to be delivered on 2/13 and the other in the morning 2/14 (I paid extra). Called mom to see if she had received her gift. Nope. So I thought I'd wait to see if it will be delivered today. Meanwhile, I see an email today that the items were "unavailable" from the florist -- the items that were being delivered in TX. I'm livid by now.

Call the agent -- and no offense, but I could not understand a single word they were saying. All of their customer service seems to be in India. I politely disconnect and told the gentleman, I will call back and speak to someone else. Second time I receive a female -- also from India. She too had a very strong accent, but she seemed to be a little more knowledgeable. I tell her about the email, tell her, "Is there anything else I can get to send to my BFF in TX.?" I told her I don't care what it is as long as it is delivered (as guaranteed) before 2PM as we are in a school and we are not in school tomorrow. She has me on hold forever and kept saying, "I'm looking at your order, ma'am."

Finally, I said, "May I just have the number to the local florist that you are using so that I can make certain that this order is available?" Of course she says she doesn't have that information. She finds a replacement, guarantees me that it will be there before 3PM. This conversation happened at 8:45 AM. By 9AM I receive another email that the item is "unavailable" at the local florist!!! Whhhaattt??? Are you kidding me? The employee even placed the order and it still doesn't go through? I am absolutely livid now. No flowers. Again!!! Now have to call back a 3rd time...(ugh)...Someone else from Indian, has me on hold forever and tells me they can deliver tomorrow? WHAT???

I finally just canceled. Who wants it after the fact? My poor friend has lost so much, and all we wanted to do was show her that she wasn't left out of Valentine's Day -- Well, forget that! Thanks, FTD! Now...second problem... I'm checking emails to see if my mom received her flowers. Nope. Then I track the item through the website. I wait for the response...and...what? You have got to be kidding me. Guess what? I receive a message that the "item was unavailable" from this local florist! What??? How is this possible???? Two different states? Two different cities...no delivery???

I am done using FTD!!! Do not trust this company. This is an outrage. Here I go again calling. Received someone from India yet once again. I tell the gentleman on the phone I realize it is not his fault. But this isn't right and completely unacceptable. I should be given something for my troubles today. At the very least a free bouquet. That may have restored my faith in this company. Nope. What do I get? $15 off my next order. Are you kidding me??? $15.00? This was the last chance. For years the quality has gone down hill. I stopped using them. This was their second chance. I'm sorry other people have gone through this -- but I see I'm not the only one. FTD has lost all quality control over customer service, management and product. So sad. Save your money anyone. I see I'm not the only one who has had a terrible experience. Horrible.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Order for delivery on the 14th. No flowers. I can't cancel because they say they are en route. They are not en route. Awful customer service. I should be getting a refund but I can't get in touch with them. Would never use them again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I ordered Roses on 2/7/2019, a whole week in advance of Valentine's Delivery! They never showed up and I was never notified that they would not be delivered! The only reason I found is via 45 min Live Chat at 630 PM to see where they were! Apparently the roses were "not available"! But they can deliver them on the 19th if Id like... Ummm NO, I ordered them for Valentine's Day dinner, not a random day next week!!! FTD SUCKS AND I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN AND I SUGGEST YOU DON'T EITHER!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

The package was late and when I called to tell them that my husband would be out of office on the new delivery date they offered to change the address for an additional 10$ fee!! So I had to pay because of their delayed!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I placed an order for a flower display to be delivered on Valentine's Day. Throughout the day I kept checking on the order and at 4:07 PM I received an email saying the local florist could not fulfill my order. Two days after placing the order and late on Valentine's Day they tell me this. Then I try calling the 800 number and it's busy. I finally get through and speak to a rep who asks if I want to send another arrangement that won't arrive until tomorrow. I tell him that's pointless, and he then asks if I want a refund, which was the dumbest question ever. So not only are they poor at executing but they have people on the phone that struggle to speak the language and understand the problem in front of them. I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN AND I SUGGEST THE SAME FOR ANYONE ELSE THINKING ABOUT IT.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

A few days ago, I ordered flowers for delivery today, Valentine's Day. At 2 pm on the supposed day of delivery, I got an email saying the item was not available. So, my girlfriend will NOT get flowers. Horrible experience & customer service - avoid!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

We ordered flowers for our daughter to be delivered on Valentine's Day. The order was guaranteed delivery on 2-14. Now our tracking shows them to be delivered on 2-15. No help from FTD - "They're sorry and will refund 20%." That is just not enough. You sure are quick to accept payment of $65 with your guarantee but as soon as you can't meet your own guarantee we only get back $13?? Now there will be flowers delivered several days out of water so their freshness won't even be what was guaranteed. I will never buy from this company again and I will never recommend them. I hope other's have better luck.

FTD expert review by ConsumerAffairs

FTD was established in 1910 when 13 florists joined together to offer flowers across the country that could be ordered by telegrah. Today, the company delivers flowers and other gifts around the world. Orders can be placed by phone or on the company’s website.

• Guarantee: FTD guarantees their flowers will stay fresh for seven days. If a consumer isn’t satisfied with their order’s freshness, they can receive a refund or replacement.

• International delivery: FTD offers deliveries internationally. Consumers can visit the website to see countries where the service is available.

• Same-day delivery: FTD has same-day delivery bouquet options. Consumers must order flowers by 2 p.m. in the recipient’s time zone on weekdays. Hours vary for holidays and weekend orders for same-day delivery.

• Corporate accounts: Large businesses that place frequent flower orders can sign up for an FTD corporate account. These accounts can save companies money, and they allow multiple people to send flowers and gifts using the account.

• Other gifts: FTD has a wide selection of gift items to be sent with flowers or instead of flowers. Options include fresh fruit, chocolate, gift baskets, jewelry, wine and more.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs