1.15/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

167 Blooms Today Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My email to Blooms dated 12/6/2018: This will be my 3rd contact with you and I am greatly disappointed. Flowers were NOT delivered on date requested. Luckily the service was postponed. When I found out I called Tuesday and was told the flowers would be delivered Wednesday. Got a call from my daughter who sent this picture! DEFINITELY NOT what I ordered or PAID FOR!!! Vase can hardly hold the 8 Roses, I ordered 12 and NO FLAGS!!! Called and spoke to Heather. She said those weren't my flowers that they were scheduled for delivery before the service tomorrow. Gave me a tracking number and assured me they would not send something like what I described. Daughter called and said the mortuary found the card. No flags and those 8 Roses were my order.

I am beyond incensed! What is going on? This is someone’s funeral for Christ's sakes!! The receipt below is what I ordered. The second pic is what was received. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! Is your customer service just a bunch of liars??? WARNING: IF YOU WANT WHAT YOU ORDERED DELIVERED WHEN YOU SPECIFY DO NOT USE BLOOMS TODAY!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I ordered flowers on Blooms Today for a funeral. When I arrived, I saw my flowers and noticed that some of the flowers were brown, wilted and dying. The arrangement looked as though it had been made days prior. Very disappointed.

Blooms Today response

Thank you for letting us know. Quality is so important. We have a 100% money back guarantee or we would be happy to re-deliver the item for you. Please contact us at 1800-520-0573 to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Ordered flowers for a funeral in Ohio, Blooms Today got wrong funeral home in VA. I sent email to contact me-no reply. I called customer service and was told it "would be taken care of". Received confirmation email that the flowers were delivered day of funeral, they were not. Called again, was told that I didn't contact them in time and that the email confirmation of delivery was for the funeral home in VA. The conversation basically said it was "my fault" for "their error" and I should have called instead of using the electronic method-- this is 2018! They also said they called me and sent email to tell me the order couldn't be processed, never received phone call, VM, and found the cancellation in junk mail after being told to look there-it was sent too late.

Surprisingly all the other "junk" emails they send with purchase offers go directly to my email. I called the funeral home in VA and they told the florist they had the wrong place and the flowers were not delivered. I was not able to send flowers to honor the passing of a Precious Life. I pray no one else has to deal with this during a time of loss. What a waste of time to have an undesired outcome. Hopefully you learn from your mistakes!

Blooms Today response

We are truly sorry for this. We never intend for this to happen and understand that timing is very important, especially on such a sensitive day. We take feedback like this very seriously as we try very hard to keep the order process as seamless as possible. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Ordered 'Magnificent Life Spray' flowers to be delivered at a Shook's Cedar Grove Funeral Home for the recent loss of a family friend only to see that 1) the delivered flowers were not what was ordered and 2) the flowers looked like they were days old! According to the company website, 'Magnificent Life Spray' will have "green roses, green carnations, white gladioli, white stock, white cushion spray chrysanthemums and bells of Ireland is accented with green tea leaves, spiral eucalyptus and lemon leaf" but the flowers that were delivered were not even close to the description on the website.

The message was handwritten with Blooms Today fake contact number (999) 999-9999; the company's real number is (800) 359-5309. The representative suggested a refund to compensate the poor quality service but informed the person that a refund is not wanted because the flowers were purchased as a sign of condolences for the dear friend my family lost. Horrible experience and would not give any stars if there was an option not to! Save your money and time elsewhere!

Blooms Today response

Thank you Jozelle. I saw your review on Yelp as well. I just wanted to reiterate that we understand the frustration, and completely agree that this is unacceptable. We know timing and quality of flowers is so important as they carry such an important message. We appreciate you letting us know. It's important that we follow up internally. If you need anything, please contact me at friends@bloomstoday.com

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

If I could give less than one star, I would. We placed an online order for a plant the night before a funeral in Orange TX. The funeral was at 10:00 am the next day. Confirmed with Blooms Today about 8 am the morning of funeral that they could deliver plant by 10:00. We were assured that they could make the delivery - funeral was in a small town. Blooms Today called me at 11:05 (the funeral ended about 10:45) to say the plant wasn't delivered because several florists in town did not have the plant we ordered - a Peace Lily. I asked why didn't they substitute a plant, and she said it's not their policy to substitute.

Why didn't they call me before the funeral? They're a 3rd party service so you don't deal with florist directly. I told her I learned a valuable lesson and will never deal with a 3rd party service for a funeral again. That was the first and last time for me. If I had called the florist directly the morning of funeral, they would have delivered a plant in time for the funeral. Blooms Today had the audacity to offer a discount if I wanted to have something delivered somewhere else like the decedent's wife's home. I said No, Thank You!

Blooms Today response

We are so sorry. You deserve better. I know we can't bring back the day and make it right, but I'm hoping we can do something to make up for as much of this as possible. Can I please bother you for your order number? I'd like to pass it to a supervisor. Feel free to reach me at friends@bloomstoday.com. Thank you for your time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blooms Today?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Flowers didn't show up even though I ordered days in advance of funeral service. They're only waiving service fee. I wish I would've read the reviews of this company prior to ordering seeing it's a common theme of this happening. I'm in the military and can't be home from my uncle's funeral so this really made me feel terrible. Highly disappointed and do not recommend this company. Buy directly from local florists.

Blooms Today response

We are extremely sorry for this. Thank you for saying something. May I please ask you for your order number? I'd like to escalate this to a supervisor. Feel free to reach me here or at friends@bloomstoday.com

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I ordered funeral flowers for my husband's godmother from Blooms Today. Paid extra fee to have the flowers delivered by 5:00 viewing. Flowers were not there. I checked each bouquet in case it was different from the bouquet ordered. Called the next morning and was told the flowers were delivered at 2:36 pm. We went to the church service at noon the following day - no flowers. Nor were they at the gravesite or reception at the church. Called again and was given the option of getting another delivery with $20 discount (the bouquet was $148.50), or getting a refund. I requested the refund.

I went to the Blooms Today website and- surprise! surprise! -there is no place to comment on the company or its service. I wish I had read the comments on the ConsumerAffairs website before ordering the flowers! This company should be put out of business! Make sure you read the reviews before using this company - then go somewhere else!

Blooms Today response

Thank you Deborah. We do try very hard to keep this from happening, especially for a special day when it's imperative to have the delivery arrive on time. While we do have thousands of successful deliveries, sometimes a circumstance will happen that is beyond our control and an order is unavailable. We try to notify customers as quickly as possible. I know we can't bring back the day and make it right, so we will always honor our 100% money back guarantee. We are deeply sorry for this.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Ordered flowers for my grandmother's funeral days in advance. I show up and no flower to be found. Called twice and finally someone answered saying there was an emergency, flowers were dropped and damaged and stand could not be replaced. They could provide us a basket with “upgraded flower”. Have a feeling unless I called them, no flowers would have ever showed. Will never be ordering from them again.

Blooms Today response

We are sorry for this Monica. If an order is not able to be delivered, we try to notify the customer as quickly as possible. I can understand the frustration and we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

My wife placed a order to be delivered to her mother in a time sensitive manner. My wife found this company on Groupon and the deal looked appealing, so we went and ordered the flowers. On the day the flowers were supposed to be delivered the order never arrived. My wife called customers service and was told that the delivery services stopped at 7 pm; and it was past that time. They asked her if she wanted a full refund, and she stated she want the flowers to be delivered as promised. She said she would give the delivery person some extra time in case there was a backup with the delivery. Blooms Today agreed and that my wife would call back if the flowers were not delivered.

She called back late that night and Blooms Today then told her that the drivers were running as late as 11 pm. Both her and I thought that was ridiculous because who is going to stay up that late for flowers, especially for a surprise. Still the flowers never showed up by 11 pm so my wife called asked for a refund. The flowers clearly were not going to be delivered. She was told by the representative that the flowers would be delivered and that she would get a refund. The next day the flowers were not delivered and they told her that the flowers were not going to be delivered because she had asked for a refund. My wife had spoken to multiple reps who were rude and not helpful, and failed to follow through on their word.

My wife called the next day and when she finally got to a supervisor they told her that they still would not deliver the flowers but would offer us a 20% discount to replace the order. Overall this company is a big scam and a middleman company that don't actually stock flowers but uses other florist to make the arrangements and delivery. They hold zero accountability and blamed the florist and not their own company. Do not do business with the company and save your money. The customer service is beyond poor. When a company messes up they need to rectify the issue. They had no intentions of fixing the problem outside of giving me a discount and sending the flowers on a date I didn't want. The date of delivery passes and I was not interested. Worst company - don't use them!

Blooms Today response

Thank you. We are so sorry for this and can understand the frustration. To clarify, we also have a local florist located in Chantilly, VA. The owners have 50 years combined experience running local floral businesses. Because of this experience, they recognized the demand for floral delivery beyond the general area and created a nation-wide company to fulfill this need. We work with local preferred florists across all floral networks (including FTD, 1-800-Flowers, and Teleflora).

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I just want you to know that I am very dissatisfied with the quality of your flowers and service. I ordered flowers initially to be delivered to my daughter yesterday before noon, and paid extra for it. They did not arrive before noon and was closer to 1-2 pm. When my daughter got them there were like 5 flowers and one dead. I was angry. For the price and what the picture looked like, I clearly did not get that. I called and explained my displeasure with the quality and delivery. I used your company because I recently got flowers from your company and they were beautiful. Your customer service rep apologized and said she would refund and I could reorder and get 20% discount. And I did.

The flowers arrived today. Still not what I was expecting, as it was nothing like the picture and I even ordered the large version. I honestly could go to Safeway and get better arrangement and half the price. Then to add the last nail to the coffin the person that delivered the flowers asked for the other ones back! So very very tacky!!! I have ordered flowers elsewhere before and they messed and up and gave me a refund and delivered FREE replacement within the hour! I don’t think I will ever order flowers from you and will be letting the person who sent me flowers about the horrible quality and customer care. If you wanted to retain a customer you should have apologize and made sure the replacement flowers would exceed my expectations. These flowers were important for me that the recipient got them before noon, epic fail on your part.

Blooms Today response

We're so sorry, you have every right to be angry. We know timing and quality of flowers is so important as they carry such an important message. I'm glad you said something, I'd like to notify a supervisor. I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind giving me your order number so that I can pass it along, please? Feel free to reach me at friends@bloomstoday.com.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I went with Blooms this time because there was a special going on. I am out of town on work and it was my wife's birthday. I made sure that the order went in ahead of time to establish a firm delivery date. They charged my card and sent me confirmation emails that it will be delivered. Her birthday came and went with no flowers!!! I immediately called the next day to find out who was sleeping on the job. They told me my order was put on hold because they flag my card as fraud. I was wondering why they couldn't have told me that sooner so I could have went somewhere else. Didn't get an email or anything from them about this. They wanted a lot of extra information about my card like Names, Numbers, Routing and stuff. This to me says (Blooms is a Fake Business)!! Go elsewhere and be warned! The ONLY reason I gave them a star was because cancelling service from them, so far, appears to be easy. Good Luck folks.

Blooms Today response

Thank you for your feedback. On rare occasions, a circumstance will happen that is beyond our control and an order is unable to be processed. We try to notify customers as quickly as possible. Please accept our sincerest apology for this inconvenience.

Resolution response: Aug. 30, 2018

Blooms today sent my sister in law a beautiful box of flowers free of charge with note of apologize.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Bought a Groupon for $20 off of $40. Ordered my flowers for an extra $15 for my sister-in-law who just lost her mother. Today I get an email saying they had to cancel my order. So I called. They said they have no florist in the area so the flowers would have to be shipped UPS, and the cost would be an extra $ 40. This is nothing but a scam.

Blooms Today response

Hi Tammy. We are so sorry. We do have access to florists in all locations and attempt to fill every order as requested. On rare occasions we are unable to locate a florist that can make a delivery or a particular item may not be available. In either case we attempt to advise the customer as quickly as possible. We can understand the frustration though. We do try to keep this from happening. This is important to us. May I please have your order number? I want to pass this message to a supervisor.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I ordered flowers for my mother's birthday 10 days before the actual date from this company. Today which is her birthday they called me at 12:15 pm to say that there are no available florists to deliver to my mother today but that they can overnight some flowers to her tomorrow. I said okay and asked if they would be taking care of the shipping since this was their mistake and was told that no, I would need to pay more. I just broke down and cried. My mother is 76 this year and has been battling cancer and I was not able to be with her today. I am angry that they are promising products and services that they cannot deliver and that they are preying on people’s emotions and asking them to pay more money for delivery of products that are not even on the days they should be delivered. Shame on this awful company. Buyers beware!!!!

Blooms Today response

Hi Suzy. Thank you for your post. We are so sorry for this. I wanted to follow up and ask if you had a chance to contact customer service. Please let me contact them on your behalf if not. If you still have the order number, or even a phone number and email address of the sender, I can pass it to customer service and they will reach out to you. Please feel free to contact me at friends@bloomstoday.com. Thank you.

Original review: July 12, 2018

My husband placed a order for my b-day and I never received it!! He was very unhappy and called them directly and they kept saying it’s on the way. Order never came and they would not do anything to make it right!! Very unhappy!!

Blooms Today response

Thank you for letting us know. Please let me help. I'd like to pass this message to a supervisor. If your order did not arrive, we will send another or issue a full refund. Feel free to reach me with the order number or phone number and email address of the sender. friends@bloomstoday.com.

Original review: July 12, 2018

It was a terrible experience. They divulged my personal information to the recipient's ex-husband who called Blooms' customer service representative demanding to know who sent the floral arrangement to his ex-wife. They obliged because he threatened to have the flowers returned. Upon learning about this privacy invasion I called Blooms immediately. They apologized and said they can't refund the money but they would look into the situation. I wrote to Groupon and they were understanding and kind enough to issue a refund. It was not for the money, how dare them share something so personal with an unknown voice over the phone! I would think twice or go to your local florist. The card read nothing threatening, terroristic or vile that the information need to be handed out so leisurely. So unprofessional!!!

Blooms Today response

Thank you for your note. We completely understand and are incredibly sorry for this. Customer information must always be treated with respect and confidentiality. We apologize for this experience and appreciate your feedback. It's important that we know when this happens so that we may follow up internally. Best....

Original review: July 11, 2018

I was at Legacy.com signing a guest book for a deceased family member and decided to order flowers thru their site. The arrangement was $60 plus $20 delivery. When I saw the arrangement at the funeral I was mortified. See the 3 pics below- what it was supposed to look like and 2 show what it was (pink flowers in pic not part of the arrangement). When I called to complain she offered me 30% refund, when I said their website said 100% money back guarantee, she didn't skip a beat or say anything except you will be refunded 100%. Terrible product and then try to squirm out of their policy. Legacy.com should not allow them on their website.

Blooms Today response

Hi Donna, thank you. We are so sorry. We do know it's imperative that the arrangement be of the best quality and of appropriate colors (true to site image), especially for a funeral. We do take full responsibility when this doesn't happen and will always honor our 100% money back guarantee. If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to give us a call. 1800-520-0573

Original review: July 8, 2018

I live in Ma. My Aunt Lived in LA. When she recently passed Our family wanted to send flowers to the funeral home. I used the website provided to me by the Obituary site. The business was Blooms Today. The day after the funeral I received a call saying they failed to get the flowers there on time and were sorry IF there was any inconvenience. IT WAS A FUNERAL. They had one Job. Deliver Flowers. They FAILED! Apologies and refunds don't make up for your failure. After talking to other people I've found out that this is the normal routine. My advice is go to your local florist because this company is not competent enough to be trusted.

Blooms Today response

We are sorry for this Scott. We do try very hard to keep this from happening, especially for a funeral when it's imperative to have the delivery arrive on time. While we do have thousands of successful deliveries, sometimes a circumstance will happen that is beyond our control and an order is late or is unavailable and we try to notify customers as quickly as possible. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. 1800-520-0573

Original review: June 20, 2018

I will never order from this fraudulent company again. Flowers were never delivered to my Dad for Father's Day. I called and was told an attempt was made and no one was home and a tag was left. This was a complete lie as more than one person was home all day and no tag was left on any door. I was told they'd attempt delivery the next day. No flowers. I have called in 3 times to customer service now requesting a refund and being advised I'd receive a refund confirmation email shortly. Never received. No refund, no flowers. This company is not legitimate. Do not use them.

Blooms Today response

Thank you for your post. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience and can completely understand the frustration. I wanted to follow up and make sure you did receive the refund. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach me at friends@bloomstoday.com. Thank you for your time.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I paid money for a Groupon. Then I had to pay more for the flowers and it all added up to $70 and a little $5 vase wasn't included? Very very disappointed with this company. They wanted to do a cancellation and a refund and then redo the whole order and it was going to take too long to do that. I asked them to please comp a $5 vase but they wouldn't. I won't be using them again.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I ordered flowers for my boyfriend’s birthday and they were supposed to be deliver on Saturday night. I made a first attempt to call but there is no customer service after 5 pm. The next day I called and I was informed that the order was with the florist and that I would be receiving an email, still waiting for the email and the flowers.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I ordered flowers for my wife for our anniversary. Paid extra to have expedited shipping. Flowers never arrived, when I called they told me the florist had the order. I asked the name of the florist, and when I contacted the local florist, they had no idea what I was talking about and had no order for me. I am traveling for work, so my wife never got her flowers and has to wait until tomorrow as I called another local florist for delivery tomorrow. Not the same at all. BloomsToday had the nerve to offer me a credit, and I needed to talk to three people before getting them to agree to a refund, that apparently takes 7-14 days to process. Absolutely terrible...

Original review: May 31, 2018

Flowers delivered after hours approx. 6:45 p.m. No one answers the phone after 5:00. Everyone passes the buck to another contract number.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I was out of town when my sister in law's mother died so I ordered flowered from BloomsToday.com. I spoke to my sister in law the next day and she didn't mention the flowers. Curious, I asked if she saw the flowers I sent. She replied that she had not. I called BloomsToday.com and found they never delivered the flowers. How many people never find out that the flowers were not delivered and still get charged for them. They said they would refund my money but that really is little help. They said they could send the flowers onto my sister in law now but that is no help either. I will never order from these people again, and I suggest anyone else go to another company.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I received flowers at work the Friday before Mother’s Day from my son who is currently in the army training to protect our country. I was surprised and emotional from the thought that my son sent me flowers, I miss him terribly. I had mixed emotions, the flowers were half dead, brown tips, leaves falling off. Even the baby’s breath was turning brown. I call the 1-800 number and was told all they could do was refund 20%. REALLY? I don’t know how this can be legal.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Apologies for the length of this rant but the truth must be known!!! Consider it a public service message... So my wife's aunt passed away last week and as we are in Europe we could not attend the funeral service. Last Thursday, we went online to read her obituary and saw a link to send flowers to the service. We clicked the link and were sent to #Bloomstoday.com. We ordered a wreath and scheduled it to be delivered on Friday before the funeral on Saturday. On Friday we received an email from them, stating that they contacted every florist in the area and that a circular wreath was not available so they would replace it with a heart-shaped one. My wife was concerned it would be tacky, so we called the 800 number and were reassured by their customer service person that it would be appropriate and that the florist would email us a picture of the wreath prior to delivery.

Having never received the photo, I emailed them on Saturday, 30 minutes before the funeral service and demanded the promised photo of the wreath we had paid for. We received a response email AFTER the funeral that stated a florist could not be found to fulfill our order and that they had cancelled it. Then they suggested that we order another arrangement to be sent to the family belatedly. This pathetic "company" has one job to do, coordinate the delivery of flowers. It is their one purpose for existing and they utterly failed at it. BTW, we called the funeral home and they confirmed with the only florist in that small Texas town that no order for a wreath had ever been placed with them for the funeral. So to recap, on top of being completely incapable of performing the single function they are in business for, they continuously misled or outright lied to us the entire time. Whatever you do, avoid this company like the plague.

Also, if you need further proof of how disgustingly bad they are, they do not even allow reviews of their company on any of their social media. Apparently, they are fully aware that they are a horrible company and are afraid that the truth will come out if they let their customers review them! BTW, do not be impressed with the fact that they have hired someone to apologize for all of the negative reviews they are receiving. They would not need someone to do that for them if they actually provided even decent customer service beforehand.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I used Blooms Today to send flowers for a funeral. After placing my order I read a lot of bad reviews so I was quite worried. However, everything went smoothly and the arrangement was bigger than I thought and very lovely. It was also delivered 6 hours ahead of delivery time. I’m very pleased with my experience.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Horrible service. They accepted my order BUT only after the viewing and funeral stated they did not have a local florist. Bloomstoday.com should have never accepted the order if they could not fulfill the order. Unreliable. Please do not use if you need to send timely flowers for a viewing or funeral. Very poor customer service.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I ordered flowers on-line for a funeral. First I got an email stating that the flowers had been delivered. I went to the funeral; I didn’t see my flowers but I was not concerned because it was a big funeral. After the funeral I got an email stating that they had “tried many times” to contact me but that the flowers had not been delivered. My phone number was correct; they never called me. When I called to complain they asked me if I wanted an attempt at redelivery. THE FUNERAL ALREADY OCCURRED. Do not order from these idiots.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I ordered flowers for my dad's neighbor as a 'thank you' for her assistance in a recent medical crisis dad had. I received my confirmation and tracking number but, when checked for delivery the address I gave was incorrect. Blooms Today had contacted and told UPS to destroy the shipment. I STILL have not been contacted by them - not for a corrected address or that it was undeliverable. I should have read these reviews first, then I would have known about the lousy customer service. Now, I'm out the money and still need flowers delivered.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I ordered the ‘Greatest Precious Hearts Bouquet’ to arrive on Valentine’s Day, I placed this order 3 weeks in advance. It arrived today February 13th. Blooms Today, February 13th is NOT Valentine’s Day. I am mainly upset because the bouquet is SO small. It’s the size of the small bouquet, if not smaller. They even got the type of flowers wrong. I spent a fortune even with a Groupon. This is absolutely pathetic and there is no excuse. This place should be out of business; they’re robbing people. Please save your money and go elsewhere unless you want to be furious.

Blooms Today expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Blooms Today serves customers in every state, with quality bouquets from FTD, 1-800-Flowers and Teleflora as well as directly from growers. The company has been in business for over 15 years and now offers flowers, live plants and gift baskets.

• Same-day delivery: Blooms Today offers same-day delivery when consumers place their order by 2 p.m. in the recipient's time zone on weekdays and by 12:30 p.m. in the recipient's time zone on weekends.

• Helpful filters: When shopping for a same-day delivery, you don't want to find the perfect bouquet that won't get there until tomorrow. With the filters on their website, you can see only the arrangements eligible for the services you need.

• Express delivery: Consumers can pay a small extra fee to have their order delivered within four hours or before noon on the following day. This option will appeal to those who forget to order a gift until the last minute.

• Images: Each bouquet from Blooms Today is available in three sizes, and the website shows a picture of each size. These images will help consumers select the most appropriate option.

• Guarantee: Blooms Today offers a 100 percent money-back guarantee. If consumers aren’t fully satisfied with their delivery, they can contact the company for a refund.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs