1.08/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Blooms Today

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 14, 2018

137 Blooms Today Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I ordered the ‘Greatest Precious Hearts Bouquet’ to arrive on Valentine’s Day, I placed this order 3 weeks in advance. It arrived today February 13th. Blooms Today, February 13th is NOT Valentine’s Day. I am mainly upset because the bouquet is SO small. It’s the size of the small bouquet, if not smaller. They even got the type of flowers wrong. I spent a fortune even with a Groupon. This is absolutely pathetic and there is no excuse. This place should be out of business; they’re robbing people. Please save your money and go elsewhere unless you want to be furious.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

My good friend lost her mother and lives in Illinois. The funeral in Robinson, Illinois uses a flower vendor called Legacy who then uses Blooms Today. I ordered flowers and waited for a confirmation email and never received it. I then called them and they said it was overlooked and didn't get delivered. How can a florist overlook a flower order? My heart sunk as they gave me excuses.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I ordered a Peace Lily plant on Jan. 11, 2018, to be delivered to a Rochester, MI, funeral home for a Sunday only visitation. I went through the funeral home's website which directed me to Legacy.com. They then passed my order off to Blooms Today. The visitation is today only, Jan. 14. I indicated that I wanted the plant to be delivered on Saturday, the day before. I looked at all the floral arrangements and plants, but to my shock, mine wasn't there. We tried to call from the funeral home, but they didn't have a phone number for me.

I drove back to my home, looked up my confirmation, and called Blooms Today Customer Service. Got someone who really didn't give a damn. She claimed she would have something delivered today. TOO LATE!! I told her I wanted a refund since they didn't fulfill the contract. She said she would send me a confirmation of refund. Didn't trust her, so I called American Express and gave them all the details. They gave me an immediate credit. If I do not get an email tomorrow, after the funeral I will be calling them again. UNACCEPTABLE! I cannot tolerate incompetence. ISN'T IT ODD THAT I WAS BILLED ON JAN. 11 AND NOT JAN. 13!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I could not make my good friends, mother’s funeral so I picked out a beautiful dozens roses to be placed at her memorial which was on the 30th. The flowers arrived days late… This is not acceptable!! No one answers my communications to them. You do not send flowers to a memorial late. Idiots!! Do not use them. I wish I would of read these reviews before I ordered and what funeral home uses a place that doesn't come through and has sooo many complaints. Not acceptable!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I ordered a beautiful arrangement for my wife’s birthday to be delivered to her job. Paid extra to have it there before noon. It is now 6:30pm no flowers. Called several times. Got a runaround and different answer each time. My wife came home from work. I told her about what happened and she had to call herself. They told her that they should be delivered within the next 30 minutes or so. She told them to cancel the orders and told them that they can keep them. Now I need to wait 3 to 5 days to have the money refunded on my debit card and I have no gift for her birthday. Thanks Blooms Today, you sure know how to ruin a special occasion. You’ve lost this customer for good and I’ll make sure that I tell everyone I know NOT to use your company because you’re disgusting and have no customer service skills whatsoever!!! You shouldn’t be in a delivery business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blooms Today?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I am irate. I ordered flowers for my grandmother's funeral. I put a lot of thought into the "arrangement" that I picked out. I called the funeral home to see if they arrived. They have not. The funeral home told me that they will be BOXED. What in the world?! For 120.00 they should be fresh and as pictured. I put a lot of thought into this. I went to several stores online, as I live 650 miles away! Now, my beloved grandma will get boxed, crap flowers. They changed the delivery date without even telling me. I cannot understand how a company can prey on those grieving. I sincerely hope that they are caught with their lies, manipulation, and false advertising. The Alton Telegraph should be ashamed that they recommend this company.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I preferred flowers for a funeral, it was terrible. I arrived and flowers NEVER did. I called and was told they were in “transit”. I ordered early Sunday, the rosary was late Wednesday. I had called customer service number to verify order on Tuesday and was assured they would arrive early that day. So disappointed! I would never order from them again!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017 No confirmation email until I called to see what was going on 2 days later. Flowers delivered 2 days later than expected delivery date with lame insincere apology.

Poor customer service. We will never use this service again especially with the 18$ fee. Waste of time and money.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Hey dear friend of our family passed away, by his death noticed was the name of this company to order flowers. We ordered flowers in plenty of time for them to place the order and have them delivered to the site of the funeral. They called us two hours before the funeral and said they were not able To deliver. We scrambled and ordered on our own. What a joke. It’s now 12 days and we still have not received our refund of $110. Once again do not use these people.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Ordered flowers weeks in advance for my aunt's 92nd birthday. Called them at 3 pm. They said the flowers would be delivered in 15 minutes. I called and was told they left on the porch at 6 pm, they never rang her bell. After I called I was told they were on the porch, they were there all night. Terrible service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

This is the second time in less than 3 months that Blooms to Go messed up my order. First order, the chocolates arrived melted, embarrassingly melted to the point that they looked like something foul... it was not packed in a cool package or dry ice. The second order I placed for my cousin's milestone birthday to arrive on her birthday. The order was placed over the weekend for that Monday. I called in the afternoon (3pm) to confirm delivery & customer service personnel was snarky & replied they had until 5:00 for delivery. Her tone was rude & she sounded annoyed… 4.5 hours later I received a voice message from another customer service rep stating they could not deliver since there was a problem with the florist!! My cousin received NOTHING on her birthday after I spent close to $50.00 to have her feel special during a difficult time in her life. Blooms to Go let me down, made me look bad & I am highly embarrassed a second time.

I will NEVER use this vendor!!! I will tell everyone about my poor experience with this business. I don't care for flowers to be delivered the next day - that is not the date of celebration. I ordered & paid for services to be rendered that day, Oct. 16th & it never happened... even when I followed up with a call. If the customer service rep looked into the issue when I called instead of giving me "a line of bologna" then I could have made other accommodations or Blooms to Go could have found another vendor to make the arrangement. This is the last & final straw. My hard earned money will not be going to this terrible business that cannot uphold their end of the contract.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

The website for Blooms Today showed that there was Sunday delivery. No such thing! The Monday was a holiday so delivery was expected on Tuesday. Apparently, the florist left the bouquet outside in the bushes even though the homeowners were home and it sat out there for two days. By the time they found it, it was dead. They complained and got a very cheap version of what was ordered. They complained again and finally (on the third attempt) got a fairly decent arrangement. On top of that, there is a selection to be on a subscription which cost $9 a month. I specifically, did not accept that but my bill showed that charge! I was leaving for Europe and not able to cancel at that time. When I got back and went to their website, the website no longer existed! OMG! I knew they were a scam and that just proves it!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I ordered a flower arrangement for my husband's best friend's visiting hours/memorial service through the newspaper's obituary 3 days before the event. When we arrived at the service I looked for the flowers to make sure they were nice. Our arrangement was not there. I immediately called Blooms Today from the e-mail confirmation I had received. Their ad & recording states that they deliver even on short notice and use the best local florists. The rep told me there was a small delay in delivery according to a note on my order. I asked to speak to a manager and received a callback.

Allegedly delivery by UPS (so much for using local florists) had been attempted but the funeral home was not open. She contradicted herself there because she then stated that she checked with the funeral home and they have a side entrance open all day for deliveries. She offered a 20% refund & a delivery by 5 pm. The visiting hours had started at 4 pm. I was furious because we were very embarrassed not to have flowers there and 20% was not cutting it for me. I told her I wanted a 50% refund & delivery in 15 minutes. She then said she would issue a full refund with a 5 pm delivery. At 4.13 pm I received an e-mail that they could not locate a florist to fill my order and had to cancel it.

After I placed another call, which was turned over to the escalation department, I waited in vain for the promised callback. After we got home, I noticed a voice mail from 5.17 pm on my home phone that they could not fulfill my order. My suspicion: They had no intention to handle my flowers from the start and we're going to pocket the money, assuming we either wouldn't be there or wouldn't notice. Once I called perhaps they scrambled to find a local florist at the last minute. If there had been an arrangement in place, why couldn't that have been re-delivered? Or why wouldn't I have been notified the day before or in the morning? Scammers!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Charged $39.99 for a $29.99 small bouquet. Charged $12 for 3 trees and did not tell me about charge. Downloaded the tree certificate that was not made out and was a carbon copy; charged ridiculous charge for delivery. Watch out for extra charges like "rewards" program.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I got a Groupon for Blooms Today. The reviews on Groupon were good. I must say their customer service was good. Three times I tried to get the arrangement I wanted sent to my mom for my father’s passing. First arrangement was the smaller version and left out in the Arizona heat so it was all wilted. Got my money back and tried again. Second bunch were sent in a box and were in a UPS truck all day! In Arizona. Flowers arrived dead and smelled bad. Had to wait a week for all my money to be returned.

Decided third time surely will be correct! Nope! The flowers were supposed to be delivered on a Friday but they didn't show. So I called and asked for the delivery to be changed to Monday because my mom was not going to be home all day on Saturday. The guy said no problem. The flowers were delivered on Saturday and again Sat outside. The arrangement was smaller than the first one and the wrong flowers and it looked like a kid had made it. I'm getting my money back but not the Groupon. For some reason they can't give me back my money. So I'm out $20 and very frustrated and disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I ordered flowers for my father's funeral. The flowers arrived in a timely manner and were lovely, but the salesperson obnoxiously kept trying to upsell me. First they tried to sell me trees in the rain forest or whatever, I said no. Then they tried to sell me a monthly membership. How often do they think I send flowers???Again I said No. Then they wanted me to order expedited delivery or some such thing. I was ordering the flower 5 days in advance, so I asked them why I would need such a thing. They said because the service was before noon. I basically asked "So what" and they said to ensure a timely delivery. Then I asked, "Are you telling me that if I don't pay an extra $10, the flowers will be late" and he said no, not at all.

After I said no to all his attempted up sells, I gave him my credit card number. Then again he tried to upsell me AGAIN. Finally I told him, "Look I have a funeral to plan, and I just want to get these flowers ordered, let's just wrap this up". On top of all of this, he is the ONLY person I have dealt with concerning my father's funeral who did not offer condolences. TACKY, TACKY, TACKY, I will never use this company again.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

This website was offered by obituary so I ordered an arrangement for the passing of a close friend. I specifically ordered a white vase with flowers because it looked very tasteful. Not only were the flowers wilted and sparse, but the vase was a clear vase and was cracked. They seemed heartless and manipulative when resolving this matter. I would strongly urge people to research the local florists where the services are being held before using Blooms Today.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I just had a talk with customer service for a full refund. A fresh flower arrangement was send out and sent through 5 hot summer southern states in airplanes and in non air conditioned trucks with the package on a 4 day journey. I was now told they didn't deal with any local florist in the area. They should have called me about this because anyone with a brain would never send out flowers that way. I'm almost afraid to see a photo of them. This was for a very special occasions and I am sick about this.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Arrangement was not the upgraded size that was paid for and it was sent in a plain glass vase and not the decorative vase with a Cross on it. Item (BTFL-ETBLMD). I emailed the company and received no response. I paid $100.96 for basically what I would normally pay $30 to $35.00.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Ordered through the Groupon app where I purchased a voucher. I paid $19.99 for the birthday flowers along with balloons for $5.00. The delivery fee was $18.99 and there were a couple of other fees. My delivery date was set to be delivered on my mother's birthday. No flowers! They were not delivered. I called the following morning and complained. The representative assured me a supervisor would contact the florist to find out what happened. After that the supervisor would be giving me a call. I never received a phone call. Horrible customer service! I had to call them back and I immediately asked for my money back. They issued me a refund. My birthday gift to my mom was a complete disaster. I will be telling all my friends and family NEVER order from them! Just horrible!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Used this flower shop that was connected to the obituary. I don't know if they thought we wouldn't see the flowers since funeral was in NJ and billing was from FL. When we saw the flowers (4 snapdragons, 3 roses, 3 mums, small daisies as fillers) that were delivered we were greatly disappointed. The arrangement was small (not what was ordered) in a regular color woven style basket, shameful. I wrote the company and complained but I have not heard from them. Terrible flowers, terrible customer service.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Fees are OUTRAGEOUS. Ordered a simple 18.00 bouquet of flowers. By the time the purchase was complete with all additional fees, the bill was $54.00. This did not include anything special. Random items were added. I canceled the order before payment processing however, I know that not everyone even pays attention to all this added items. Florist Choice - Multi-Color Item #:BTFC-MULTI39 $17.49. You Saved $12.50. Clear Glass Vase Item #:BTGB-VAS4045 $4.99 Subtotal $22.48. Express Service Fee $9.99, Standard Service $18.99, Care And Handling $2.99, Same Day Service $1.99, Order Total $56.44.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

funeral flowers - I was extremely disappointed and embarrassed when I saw the flower arrangement I ordered for my brother's wife. I paid an additional cost to get the larger bouquet. What I received was a small bouquet of flowers. Two of the roses in the bouquet had large brown spots. I will never order from this company again. The total cost for this mess was a little over $100.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I order from this site frequently for events at my job. I had to personally use them when my boyfriend had a fishing accident, and hurt himself. I thought flowers would cheer him up during his excruciating hospital stay. When I arrived at the hospital that evening, the 2 balloons were great - but where were the flowers? They were fresh and gorgeous, but just a small handful - unlike the picture at all.

The vase I ordered was a clear vase in a circular shape looking to be about 7 1/2 inches in the picture - since he is a MAN I wanted clear. The vase that was sent was a small ceramic vase - and it was barely 4 inches tall and in a rectangular shape. It had BUTTERFLIES which were not fitting for a male. He did like the freshness of the flowers, but the presentation looked as if it were being sent to a teenage girl.:'( The name on the order included his surname: "Jr." - so there was no excuse for an interpretation that it was to be sent to a female. The arrangement was overpriced, for what he actually received.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I used Blooms Today to order funeral flowers since their link was provided on the funeral home site. I got an email 4 days later with my cancellation and refund. According to them they contacted all the florists in the area and couldn't find one to deliver which I find hard to believe. Avoid Blooms Today. I will NEVER use them again. VERY angry and disappointed.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I ordered $300 flowers for a Saturday funeral. Flowers were to be delivered on Friday to funeral home; funeral home would transport flowers to service on Saturday. The flowers were never delivered. Blooms Today contacted me on Saturday afternoon, hours after the funeral was over, to tell me that they did not deliver the flowers on Friday. They could offer no reason why the Friday delivery was not made or why they did not contact me sooner.

Original review: June 15, 2017

Ordered flowers for a funeral service to be held on a Monday, flowers were supposed to be delivered on Sat. Received call from family member of deceased an hour before funeral saying they were not there. Called vendor who said "sorry, she is off my list of suppliers". Offered to send flowers to family member with a small discount. Can't recommend this company. Let us down at a difficult time. Do not order from them!!!

Original review: June 6, 2017

I purchased the Groupon voucher - mistake! The order (Original order # **) was processed through a cheap local florist with a known horrible reputation (Minnesota Ave. Florist in Washington DC). The flower arrangement received didn't match what I ordered – not even close, wrong flowers and color. They delivered a small cheap flower arrangement, wrong balloon, no card, and never received the Plant a Tree certificate offered on Blooms Today website at checkout. I gave 2 stars, because Blooms Today reprocessed the order through another florist with better results, but we still never received the customized Plant a Tree certificate that was from her son for Mother's Day. Companies like Blooms Today need to make local florist accountable. They should verify with the florist if they can indeed fill the order exactly!

Original review: May 12, 2017

I made the mistake of ordering a Groupon for Blooms Today (including the ZIP code), only discovering after entering the Groupon code that there were extra fees totaling nearly $30. Have you ever heard of a $30 delivery fee? Scam.

Original review: March 30, 2017

Unhappy with Groupon deal. This Groupon deal was a complete scam. They advertised $40 dollars worth of flowers for $20. All of the flowers on their special Groupon page were more expensive than the ones listed on their website which were all 20% off. You didn't know this until you purchased and entered the redemption code. They also added on $18.99 service fee, $2.99 for "handling" and taxes. When all was said and done my SMALL bouquet still cost me $55.00 out of pocket, which is more than I would have paid NORMAL PRICE on a comparable flower service website. It should be ILLEGAL for them to advertise "50% off" when this is NOWHERE CLOSE TO 50% off. I will never buy from them again.

Blooms Today expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Blooms Today serves customers in every state, with quality bouquets from FTD, 1-800-Flowers and Teleflora as well as directly from growers. The company has been in business for over 15 years and now offers flowers, live plants and gift baskets.

• Same-day delivery: Blooms Today offers same-day delivery when consumers place their order by 2 p.m. in the recipient's time zone on weekdays and by 12:30 p.m. in the recipient's time zone on weekends.

• Helpful filters: When shopping for a same-day delivery, you don't want to find the perfect bouquet that won't get there until tomorrow. With the filters on their website, you can see only the arrangements eligible for the services you need.

• Express delivery: Consumers can pay a small extra fee to have their order delivered within four hours or before noon on the following day. This option will appeal to those who forget to order a gift until the last minute.

• Images: Each bouquet from Blooms Today is available in three sizes, and the website shows a picture of each size. These images will help consumers select the most appropriate option.

• Guarantee: Blooms Today offers a 100 percent money-back guarantee. If consumers aren’t fully satisfied with their delivery, they can contact the company for a refund.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

bloomstoday.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use