Blooms Today

Compare Flower Delivery

Research top Flower Delivery recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I ordered a flower arrangement for my husband's best friend's visiting hours/memorial service through the newspaper's obituary 3 days before the event. When we arrived at the service I looked for the flowers to make sure they were nice. Our arrangement was not there. I immediately called Blooms Today from the e-mail confirmation I had received. Their ad & recording states that they deliver even on short notice and use the best local florists. The rep told me there was a small delay in delivery according to a note on my order. I asked to speak to a manager and received a callback.

Allegedly delivery by UPS (so much for using local florists) had been attempted but the funeral home was not open. She contradicted herself there because she then stated that she checked with the funeral home and they have a side entrance open all day for deliveries. She offered a 20% refund & a delivery by 5 pm. The visiting hours had started at 4 pm. I was furious because we were very embarrassed not to have flowers there and 20% was not cutting it for me. I told her I wanted a 50% refund & delivery in 15 minutes. She then said she would issue a full refund with a 5 pm delivery. At 4.13 pm I received an e-mail that they could not locate a florist to fill my order and had to cancel it.

After I placed another call, which was turned over to the escalation department, I waited in vain for the promised callback. After we got home, I noticed a voice mail from 5.17 pm on my home phone that they could not fulfill my order. My suspicion: They had no intention to handle my flowers from the start and we're going to pocket the money, assuming we either wouldn't be there or wouldn't notice. Once I called perhaps they scrambled to find a local florist at the last minute. If there had been an arrangement in place, why couldn't that have been re-delivered? Or why wouldn't I have been notified the day before or in the morning? Scammers!

Charged $39.99 for a $29.99 small bouquet. Charged $12 for 3 trees and did not tell me about charge. Downloaded the tree certificate that was not made out and was a carbon copy; charged ridiculous charge for delivery. Watch out for extra charges like "rewards" program.

I got a Groupon for Blooms Today. The reviews on Groupon were good. I must say their customer service was good. Three times I tried to get the arrangement I wanted sent to my mom for my father’s passing. First arrangement was the smaller version and left out in the Arizona heat so it was all wilted. Got my money back and tried again. Second bunch were sent in a box and were in a UPS truck all day! In Arizona. Flowers arrived dead and smelled bad. Had to wait a week for all my money to be returned.

Decided third time surely will be correct! Nope! The flowers were supposed to be delivered on a Friday but they didn't show. So I called and asked for the delivery to be changed to Monday because my mom was not going to be home all day on Saturday. The guy said no problem. The flowers were delivered on Saturday and again Sat outside. The arrangement was smaller than the first one and the wrong flowers and it looked like a kid had made it. I'm getting my money back but not the Groupon. For some reason they can't give me back my money. So I'm out $20 and very frustrated and disappointed.

I ordered flowers for my father's funeral. The flowers arrived in a timely manner and were lovely, but the salesperson obnoxiously kept trying to upsell me. First they tried to sell me trees in the rain forest or whatever, I said no. Then they tried to sell me a monthly membership. How often do they think I send flowers???Again I said No. Then they wanted me to order expedited delivery or some such thing. I was ordering the flower 5 days in advance, so I asked them why I would need such a thing. They said because the service was before noon. I basically asked "So what" and they said to ensure a timely delivery. Then I asked, "Are you telling me that if I don't pay an extra $10, the flowers will be late" and he said no, not at all.

After I said no to all his attempted up sells, I gave him my credit card number. Then again he tried to upsell me AGAIN. Finally I told him, "Look I have a funeral to plan, and I just want to get these flowers ordered, let's just wrap this up". On top of all of this, he is the ONLY person I have dealt with concerning my father's funeral who did not offer condolences. TACKY, TACKY, TACKY, I will never use this company again.

This website was offered by obituary so I ordered an arrangement for the passing of a close friend. I specifically ordered a white vase with flowers because it looked very tasteful. Not only were the flowers wilted and sparse, but the vase was a clear vase and was cracked. They seemed heartless and manipulative when resolving this matter. I would strongly urge people to research the local florists where the services are being held before using Blooms Today.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blooms Today?

I just had a talk with customer service for a full refund. A fresh flower arrangement was send out and sent through 5 hot summer southern states in airplanes and in non air conditioned trucks with the package on a 4 day journey. I was now told they didn't deal with any local florist in the area. They should have called me about this because anyone with a brain would never send out flowers that way. I'm almost afraid to see a photo of them. This was for a very special occasions and I am sick about this.

Arrangement was not the upgraded size that was paid for and it was sent in a plain glass vase and not the decorative vase with a Cross on it. Item (BTFL-ETBLMD). I emailed the company and received no response. I paid $100.96 for basically what I would normally pay $30 to $35.00.

Ordered through the Groupon app where I purchased a voucher. I paid $19.99 for the birthday flowers along with balloons for $5.00. The delivery fee was $18.99 and there were a couple of other fees. My delivery date was set to be delivered on my mother's birthday. No flowers! They were not delivered. I called the following morning and complained. The representative assured me a supervisor would contact the florist to find out what happened. After that the supervisor would be giving me a call. I never received a phone call. Horrible customer service! I had to call them back and I immediately asked for my money back. They issued me a refund. My birthday gift to my mom was a complete disaster. I will be telling all my friends and family NEVER order from them! Just horrible!

Used this flower shop that was connected to the obituary. I don't know if they thought we wouldn't see the flowers since funeral was in NJ and billing was from FL. When we saw the flowers (4 snapdragons, 3 roses, 3 mums, small daisies as fillers) that were delivered we were greatly disappointed. The arrangement was small (not what was ordered) in a regular color woven style basket, shameful. I wrote the company and complained but I have not heard from them. Terrible flowers, terrible customer service.

Fees are OUTRAGEOUS. Ordered a simple 18.00 bouquet of flowers. By the time the purchase was complete with all additional fees, the bill was $54.00. This did not include anything special. Random items were added. I canceled the order before payment processing however, I know that not everyone even pays attention to all this added items. Florist Choice - Multi-Color Item #:BTFC-MULTI39 $17.49. You Saved $12.50. Clear Glass Vase Item #:BTGB-VAS4045 $4.99 Subtotal $22.48. Express Service Fee $9.99, Standard Service $18.99, Care And Handling $2.99, Same Day Service $1.99, Order Total $56.44.

funeral flowers - I was extremely disappointed and embarrassed when I saw the flower arrangement I ordered for my brother's wife. I paid an additional cost to get the larger bouquet. What I received was a small bouquet of flowers. Two of the roses in the bouquet had large brown spots. I will never order from this company again. The total cost for this mess was a little over $100.

I order from this site frequently for events at my job. I had to personally use them when my boyfriend had a fishing accident, and hurt himself. I thought flowers would cheer him up during his excruciating hospital stay. When I arrived at the hospital that evening, the 2 balloons were great - but where were the flowers? They were fresh and gorgeous, but just a small handful - unlike the picture at all.

The vase I ordered was a clear vase in a circular shape looking to be about 7 1/2 inches in the picture - since he is a MAN I wanted clear. The vase that was sent was a small ceramic vase - and it was barely 4 inches tall and in a rectangular shape. It had BUTTERFLIES which were not fitting for a male. He did like the freshness of the flowers, but the presentation looked as if it were being sent to a teenage girl.:'( The name on the order included his surname: "Jr." - so there was no excuse for an interpretation that it was to be sent to a female. The arrangement was overpriced, for what he actually received.

I used Blooms Today to order funeral flowers since their link was provided on the funeral home site. I got an email 4 days later with my cancellation and refund. According to them they contacted all the florists in the area and couldn't find one to deliver which I find hard to believe. Avoid Blooms Today. I will NEVER use them again. VERY angry and disappointed.

I ordered $300 flowers for a Saturday funeral. Flowers were to be delivered on Friday to funeral home; funeral home would transport flowers to service on Saturday. The flowers were never delivered. Blooms Today contacted me on Saturday afternoon, hours after the funeral was over, to tell me that they did not deliver the flowers on Friday. They could offer no reason why the Friday delivery was not made or why they did not contact me sooner.

Ordered flowers for a funeral service to be held on a Monday, flowers were supposed to be delivered on Sat. Received call from family member of deceased an hour before funeral saying they were not there. Called vendor who said "sorry, she is off my list of suppliers". Offered to send flowers to family member with a small discount. Can't recommend this company. Let us down at a difficult time. Do not order from them!!!

I purchased the Groupon voucher - mistake! The order (Original order # **) was processed through a cheap local florist with a known horrible reputation (Minnesota Ave. Florist in Washington DC). The flower arrangement received didn't match what I ordered – not even close, wrong flowers and color. They delivered a small cheap flower arrangement, wrong balloon, no card, and never received the Plant a Tree certificate offered on Blooms Today website at checkout. I gave 2 stars, because Blooms Today reprocessed the order through another florist with better results, but we still never received the customized Plant a Tree certificate that was from her son for Mother's Day. Companies like Blooms Today need to make local florist accountable. They should verify with the florist if they can indeed fill the order exactly!

I made the mistake of ordering a Groupon for Blooms Today (including the ZIP code), only discovering after entering the Groupon code that there were extra fees totaling nearly $30. Have you ever heard of a $30 delivery fee? Scam.

Unhappy with Groupon deal. This Groupon deal was a complete scam. They advertised $40 dollars worth of flowers for $20. All of the flowers on their special Groupon page were more expensive than the ones listed on their website which were all 20% off. You didn't know this until you purchased and entered the redemption code. They also added on $18.99 service fee, $2.99 for "handling" and taxes. When all was said and done my SMALL bouquet still cost me $55.00 out of pocket, which is more than I would have paid NORMAL PRICE on a comparable flower service website. It should be ILLEGAL for them to advertise "50% off" when this is NOWHERE CLOSE TO 50% off. I will never buy from them again.

I ordered flowers for a family that unexpected lost a deeply loved one, but when purchase arrived at the funeral home the vase was broken & they couldn't do anything with it. If it was packaged right it should've never arrived broken & when I called to get a refund, I spoke to a lady that said, "well we can only refund 30% of your purchase", in which on the site is says 100% money back guarantee, well that's a lie. And by the time I got to the bottom of what happened it was too late to order any more flowers because the funeral was today & this happened yesterday... I'm very unhappy!

I ordered my sweetie roses for Valentine's Day. I emailed to check the status and Blooms Today said they contacted all local florist and cancelled my order because no one could deliver today. Could they not have told me that last night when I ordered so I could have made other arrangements. Now NO ROSES NO VALENTINE'S DAY!

The flowers that you prepared were not complete. There were supposed to be 5 white lilies included and there were no lilies in the bouquet at all. I paid for special handling but the covering on some of the flowers was not even removed. This detracted to the look of the rest of the flowers. The flowers that were there were nice but it seemed empty without the lilies.

I paid for expedited shipping to get an arrangement to a funeral parlor for visiting hours. Was guaranteed it would arrive before the services. It didn't. Not sure where the flowers ended up. Called to complain. First offered me just a refund of the shipping fee. Had to further complain to get full refund.

When ordering flowers, they signed me up as a member without my knowledge, a $9.99 charge every month without me knowing it and bill my credit card that amount every month. I called to remove the charges. She said I had to call back in a week to remove the membership charge. I called visa to stop the unwanted charges.

The company had the products I was looking for and when I needed help I was able to ask customer service to provide me with direction and assistance. Product delivered on time and were in good condition at the time they arrived however they did not provide good customer service at delivery. There were many products available but the style of the available products were too similar that it felt like there were few items to choose from. Very expensive for the product received. I can get a much better product at the local florist for a cheaper price and they deliver for free.

They were quick to answer and knowledgeable about the services and products. They gave me great things to use besides what I was looking for. The delivery was fast and on time for the occasion I needed for. I had to pay for shipping but only because I was outside the US. It would have been free if I was home. They had a lot of different variety of things to choose from but I was stuck on this in particular item and I knew what I wanted when I was calling for my services. It was kind of costly. I would have rather pay a cheaper price but because it was a good product and service I was glad I will pay for a better product and service.

Customer service far exceeded my expectations. I can't believe how polite, cooperative, and easy to work with this company was. I would happily do business with them again. There were not many delivery options but they had exactly what I needed and my order arrived promptly as promised. I couldn't believe how reliable they were. I had so much to choose from. I found products that are amazing for many upcoming occasions and I found the perfect flower arrangement that I needed at the moment. It was the first time ever I felt like I got my money's worth from a flower delivery company. The order looked exactly like it did on the website and arrived fresh and damage free.

Their customer service was great, always friendly and helpful. I didn't have one complaint or issues. I would definitely recommend that to anyone. Their delivery options were great anywhere. From next day to a schedule day for birthday or whatever. I was very happy with this part. More variety than I needed. They have more than enough. My order was kinda simple. From what I saw looked like a lot to choose from. The value was excellent.

It was a very good experience and it was a very good job and I enjoyed it. I will shop there again. The delivery options were very good and helpful. I would recommend this to all of my family and friends and we'll use this service in the future and will recommend it. There could have been a little bit more of a variety but I was able to find what I needed and get my order filled. I think that it was a very good value and that they offer some good value for the money.

I ordered flowers for a wake - the one and only time I ordered flowers from Blooms Today. After the customer rep took my information and credit card for payment for the flowers was I then bombarded with all kinds of options for rewards discounts etc. I said no thanks to everything this person asked. I finally got fed up and told the cust rep that I was only ordering flowers for a wake and needed nothing else end of conversations. Next thing we know our credit card is being charged $9.99 for the past 3 months for rewards I never asked for. Unreal. I had to call my credit card comp to file a case. Keep an eye on your credit card statement for a 9.99 charge a month whether you said no or not.

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE customer service! I ordered flowers and a balloon for my mother's 72nd birthday. They called me the evening of her birthday to inform me that they could not get the flowers delivered that day as promised, but they for sure would deliver them the next day (Saturday). I called my mother to apologize and to assure her that the flowers would get delivered the next day. The EVENING of the next day they called again to say that they could not find a flower shop to adhere to their pricing schedule, and therefore the flowers did not get delivered AGAIN! NOT MY PROBLEM!!! I paid $76 to make this happen. I did my part - they did not!!! RUN, RUN, RUN from this company. DO NOT USE THEM!!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Blooms Today serves customers in every state, with quality bouquets from FTD, 1-800-Flowers and Teleflora as well as directly from growers. The company has been in business for over 15 years and now offers flowers, live plants and gift baskets.

• Same-day delivery: Blooms Today offers same-day delivery when consumers place their order by 2 p.m. in the recipient's time zone on weekdays and by 12:30 p.m. in the recipient's time zone on weekends.
  • Helpful filters: When shopping for a same-day delivery, you don't want to find the perfect bouquet that won't get there until tomorrow. With the filters on their website, you can see only the arrangements eligible for the services you need.
  • Express delivery: Consumers can pay a small extra fee to have their order delivered within four hours or before noon on the following day. This option will appeal to those who forget to order a gift until the last minute.
  • Images: Each bouquet from Blooms Today is available in three sizes, and the website shows a picture of each size. These images will help consumers select the most appropriate option.
  • Guarantee: Blooms Today offers a 100 percent money-back guarantee. If consumers aren’t fully satisfied with their delivery, they can contact the company for a refund.
  • Best for significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Compare Flower Delivery