2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.42/5

Blooms Today Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blooms Today?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blooms Today?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I bought a Groupon for Blooms Today Florist. I entered the wrong date of delivery. I called and explained. They told me they would correct. They did. I was so happy and my birthday gift arrived in time.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I ordered flowers for my wife for Valentine's Day. Two days before delivery was supposed to occur I received a call from Blooms Today to tell me they had no florist in the area to complete the order. I asked how that could happen when they had all my address information when I placed the order. They couldn't explain this. I asked for a full refund. Two days later my wife received an email from Blooms Today with my Groupon certificate for flowers. She ordered her flowers and surprise surprise she received them.

I called Blooms Today to get an explanation and was told that my order for twelve long stem red roses was not pricey enough for the local supplier to deliver. Her order was for twelve multi-colour roses. How does that make sense? I also commented that due to exchange, I am in Canada and they are in the States, I had not gotten a full refund. It turns out that was my problem. In summary I bought better flowers and did not get them and I paid for terrible service. I will never use Blooms Today again and would suggest you find another supplier if you are looking for flowers.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Ordered a full basket of flowers and got a lousy handful in a drinking glass. No basket. 5 flowers. The picture shown when I chose the arrangement was a full, lush basket. So dishonest. Buyer beware! Price was $70. Look at the pictures!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I ordered flowers to be delivered by 7pm Saturday. The Flowers never came! I Chatted and emailed that I was worried that they had not been delivered. Received a response that they were busy and be patient. I am very frustrated and mad that they have had my phone number since I ordered the flowers and not a single call or email to keep me updated. Will I use them again? NO! Will I recommend them? NO! So Do NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY with this POOR COMPANY!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I ordered a dozen pink roses for granddaughter's pageant. Order placed on Monday for delivery Thursday (pageant was Saturday). I checked with the recipient on Thursday and again on Friday night; no delivery. At this point I cancelled the order. The next day I called to inquire what happened. I was told that the local florist had a "technical issue" that caused the order not to print. Evidently, neither Blooms Today or the florist was curious enough to make sure a time-sensitive customer order was honored. P.S. They did refund the price.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Groupon said $50.00 with shipping. Pay voucher. Got to site. $10.00 additional for Saturday delivery. $15.00 additional for Sunday. No additional for Monday after Valentine's. The 12 roses were really $100.00. $50.00 more dollars. Deceptive advertising. We never use again.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I ordered a $45 coupon on Groupon. When I used it, the order said I owed $5. My charge came in for $50! I tried to look back on order & flower price was raised from $45 to $85!! I didn't screen print the initial order page so I didn't have proof. Flowers were to be delivered today so I called around 2p to check. The rude customer service person said they would be delivered at 5p. I said "she closes business at 4p"! She said "Sorry.. But that's the time". I asked what they could do about it and she said "Nothing"! I have never worked with any florist delivery service that was so rude! Will never do business with them again!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Ordered floral bouquet for funeral service. Received an e mail stating the flowers have been delivered! After arriving at the service I find there are no flowers there! After calling Blooms Today, they tell me the confirmation was a mistake, that they couldn't deliver the flowers. They did refund my money, but it was a traumatic experience for me, at a time when you should not have to deal with that. They should NOT be in business!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I purchased 2 vouchers on Groupon and ordered 2 arrangements with the vouchers and paying the difference with my bankcard. The first order was cancelled because they were unable to facilitate a delivery during the holidays. So I placed the order again for after the holiday. That was to be delivered on December 30th. They then pushed it out to December 31st. It is now January 5th and we are still waiting for an update on this order. The other order I placed the same day was delivered today but was a major disappointment on the arrangement. The one I ordered was so full and had color. The one received was a fraction of the size and was only green with a few yellow flowers. I'm embarrassed to have my name on this.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

I ordered six orders of flowers and upgraded them all as Christmas gifts. One arrives looking horrendous as though it’s been dead for weeks. They were all to arrive on December 21 I got an email saying they will head arrives. Well the one I sent to my aunt never arrived. She checked every single day at her front desk. When I emailed Blooms they didn’t respond except some premade response that was sent back immediately so when I called them they said oh yes they see that it said it was delivered but it actually wasn’t delivered.

Meanwhile Christmas past I asked them what they could do for me and they offered to take $10 off the order and resend it. Well the website was giving $10 off anyway so they did nothing and they weren’t nice about it. They should’ve done more. Of course the flowers that they said were delivered that never arrived or from my 92-year-old aunt who is isolated in an assisted living because of Covid. I would never recommend this company. Their customer service is horrendous.

Blooms Today author review by ConsumerAffairs

Blooms Today serves customers in every state, with quality bouquets from FTD, 1-800-Flowers and Teleflora as well as directly from growers. The company has been in business for over 15 years and now offers flowers, live plants and gift baskets.

• Same-day delivery: Blooms Today offers same-day delivery when consumers place their order by 2 p.m. in the recipient's time zone on weekdays and by 12:30 p.m. in the recipient's time zone on weekends.

• Helpful filters: When shopping for a same-day delivery, you don't want to find the perfect bouquet that won't get there until tomorrow. With the filters on their website, you can see only the arrangements eligible for the services you need.

• Express delivery: Consumers can pay a small extra fee to have their order delivered within four hours or before noon on the following day. This option will appeal to those who forget to order a gift until the last minute.

• Images: Each bouquet from Blooms Today is available in three sizes, and the website shows a picture of each size. These images will help consumers select the most appropriate option.

• Guarantee: Blooms Today offers a 100 percent money-back guarantee. If consumers aren’t fully satisfied with their delivery, they can contact the company for a refund.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team