1.45/5
Based on 440 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2159 1-800-Flowers.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

I ordered flowers to be delivered by a certain time to my mother’s job on the Friday before Mother’s Day. These flowers were supposed to be a Mother’s Day gift. The flowers were not delivered on time and my mother did not receive the flowers. My mother received the flowers on Monday when she returned to work and the flowers were dead. My mom's Mother’s Day has been ruined. I was told that I would receive a refund and a confirmation email of my refund. It has been 2 weeks now of me going back and forth with the company. I have yet to receive an email or my refund. I spoke with the manager twice and he also told me that an email and refund should be received shortly. Unfortunately that was not the case. I am being ignored and lied to. I am not only upset but saddened that the flowers I ordered to surprise my mother for Mother’s Day were dead when she received them late.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have received flowers as a gift and I can tell you firsthand that the flowers arrived wilted. They just did not look good at all. They were roses that look like they died on delivery.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I love 1-800-Flowers.com. Good prices, fast service and beautiful arrangements. Delivery almost anywhere. Flowers come as buds and bloom into beautiful displays.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have used this florist exclusively for the past several years with outstanding results, until this Valentine’s Day. I ordered Red Roses as I usually do for Valentine’s Day with a special Vase selection. Flowers and case arrived on the requested date. Flowers looked OK coming out of the box. Vase looked very good. The very next day, some of the roses started to droop. By day four, the roses looked like they were four weeks old. No rose ever opened up. No rose was still standing after day 5. 2nd time in 114 times ordering flowers that it has happened to me.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I ordered a bouquet for this year's Valentine but the quality of their wrapping was so below expectation considering the price and quality of roses. It was around late $70s and I got a 1-800-Flowers.com plastic wrapped two dozens of flowers. I was very disappointed at the quality of flowers and gift-wrap quality.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: May 22, 2018

I have ordered from 1-800-Flowers many times now for different occasions and they have never failed me. I continue to order through them via online, very convenient, easy to use and prices are reasonable.

Original review: May 22, 2018

They suck you in with a special, then refer you to another product, then the delivery charges. Easy, but wrong flowers, smaller vase, cost way too much.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I was very disappointed with the quality of the flowers received compared to what was shown and described when ordered. I will not order through them again.

Original review: May 21, 2018

The flowers came dead, with leaves falling off when I pulled it out of the package, but they refunded my husband and sent a fresh batch after my birthday.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Don't even bother wasting your money. I ordered a large bouquet for Mother's Day that was called Lavender Dreams. What arrived was a tiny bouquet with 4 peach colored roses, 3 sprigs of snapdragons (at least these were purple), 3 sprigs of some pink flower and a whole lot of leaves. Definitely NOT the bouquet I paid $100 for. I could have picked this one up at the supermarket for $10 for the way it looks.

When I contacted customer support, they said they would deliver the correct bouquet. A day late and a dollar short, but fine. Then, they called my mother to see if she was happy with what arrived. First off, she has no idea what I had ordered so she had no idea how ripped off she had been. Secondly, what is she going to say, "yeah, the bouquet that looks like a cheap supermarket one is terrible but I think that was what my kid could afford?" IDGAF if she said it was pretty, IT WAS NOT WHAT I PAID FOR. You guys couldn't even get the customer service part right.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Terrible experience with Flowers.com! Mothers Day bouquet delivered day AFTER Mothers Day, even though their website advertised to deliver that day. The flowers were nothing like the photo on their website! Lots of greenery and a few flowers. Very disappointing. I sent 1-800-Flowers.com an email with both photos, one of website and one of ones delivered. I requested a 50% refund. I received a email confirming that they would "re-send" a new bouquet to arrive on Friday, May 18. It never came.

I called customer service and of course just on hold for long time, no answer. I called again today. I spoke to rep who said a manager was scheduled to call me back today. Surprisingly I did receive a phone call and was only offered a $15 refund. I told her that was unacceptable and I wanted 50% of the total including shipping. She was rude and said all she can do is $15. I declined and said my lawyer would be in touch. She said she'd wait to hear from my lawyer. 1-800-Flowers.com has a 100% Guarantee on their website. It is completely bogus! I am currently working with my bank and will pursue filing a case in court for FRAUD. DO NOT USE 1-800-Flowers.com! I find it interesting how they have replied to others posts on here how sorry they are and want to help and give full refunds. This should have been handled when all of these consumers contacted them in the first place.

Original review: May 20, 2018

The flowers I ordered did not last more than 2 days. I was not happy and dissatisfied with their (lack of) customer service. I hesitate to order from them again.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Ordered Mother's Day Flowers. Was overcharged with a $29.99 Passport membership that I did not order. On top of that, the $6.99 Mylar balloon I did order and pay for, was not included with the delivery. They owe me $36.98. I am having no luck getting anyone to accept accountability or take leadership to correct their mistakes. This company is terrible, and borderline unethical. STEER CLEAR, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Using 1-800-Flowers was a terrible decision on my part. I could not be more disappointed.

Original review: May 19, 2018

The flowers were delivered days late and were in a box to assemble. Terrible grade of flowers. They did return me money but when your anniversary is on the same day as Valentines Day it’s a little late for the money portion of it. Who really cares. It was the moment that counted not the money!

Original review: May 19, 2018

I had a horrible experience. My delivery was a week late and it was for an anniversary. Even with all my calls, the delivery was still a week late. No excuse!

Original review: May 18, 2018

Order flowers for same day delivery, florist lied and said he tried to deliver them and they never did. Delivered the next day and the flowers were dying and withering. I called customer service and they stated that they were going to redeliver and ended up not doing so. Worst service ever! Will never use their services again!

Original review: May 18, 2018

Ordered 30 tulips in a vase for Mother's Day- flowers bent, droopy, 22 tulips shoved into a small vase - again 30 tulips advertised and I paid for 30. Filed a complaint online - received email stating a new delivery would be sent - these flowers worse than 1st broken stems droopy leaves - again shoved into a vase far too small. Phone Call placed - was told a supervisor would return call - never received a return call- so filed complaint via their website again- outlining all of above events- their response was they would issue full credit. Few days later my bank account was credited half of what I paid-- again emailed them. Their response was- "we cannot issue full credit as a 'redelivery' was already made" - never given option of full credit vs redelivery. Will not do business with them again.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I placed a flower order 2 days before Mother's Day, May 13, 2018. When I spoke with Mom she did not get her delivery. I called what is a joke of a customer service department. Twice on Mother's Day. They said they were delivered and signed for by a Y signature. I asked what that was and got no answer other than my order was delivered. Next May 15 2018 2 calls to customer service. Aid distributor was too busy and could not verify signature for delivery. I demanded to have them redelivered and was told next day they would be.

So another call, number 5 they were going to be delivered on May 17, 2018... Never the same rep and when I asked for reps name it took Anna 35 minutes to get that info from her after being put on hold twice. So I asked for a supervisor, and was told supervisor was too busy, so I said I would hold. I didn't care how long it took, and after being hung up on and never a call back. Said I would get a $20 voucher. Wow, got the voucher and that too is still associated with 1-800-Flowers, Flower have not been delivered as of May 18, 2018. So Mother's Day was not a happy day for Mom. I will NEVER do business with them again and rest assured I will post a negative review on all social media sites I can to warn others that this so called business and its customer service is unacceptable.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I ordered a floral arrangement based on a picture on their website. Total price was just over $100 and described a large purple arrangement. It was delivered on Mother's Day (Order # **). The arrangement was small. Unlike the picture, it had 4 roses and some other cheaper flowers thrown together. Nothing like the picture. Several of the flowers were drooped over and dead. When I sent in a complaint, it was answered with they were very sorry and would redeliver at no extra cost a few days later. They were also sending a 20 discount voucher for further use. I did receive the voucher but the re-delivery never happened. When I contacted customer service, their response was "we appreciate all comments and will take your feedback under consideration." Not a word about the delivery, I never received.

Original review: May 18, 2018

Customer service is poor, when calling the number they lack any information on actual company that is doing delivery, they can provide no updated information. I would never use them again.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I ordered a specific flower arrangement - when it arrived, it was not what I ordered. When I contacted them, they refused to make things right, or give me a refund. I had to go through my credit card company to complain to get a credit for my purchase. This order was placed about 6 years ago; a very bad experience, and I will never order through them again.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Ordered flowers to be delivered the Thursday before Mother's Day. On Sunday found out flower were not delivered. Called and they said their distributor had reached maximum capacity and could not deliver. But they sent no email letting us know. Tried to get money refunded AND flowers redelivered. They said they would refund only 1/2 the money and redeliver the Tuesday after Mother's Day. By the Thursday after Mother's Day, no flowers were ever delivered and no contact was ever made. Called again and they said their distributor was still too busy from Mother's Day. At this point I just asked for a full refund. So no flowers.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Placed an order on website on May 15th which was guaranteed to be delivered that day. I did not receive any confirmation of delivery so I called customer service the next day. I was told three different stories including one that explained that the type of flowers I ordered were unavailable. I ordered a Fruit Basket. To make a long story short theses folks need to get their act together. I would recommend that you use anyone but them.

Original review: May 17, 2018

On 5/3/18 I ordered an arrangement to be delivered on 5/11/18 as a Mother's Day gift. The item arrived with broken stems and brown flowers. I immediately contacted 1-800-Flowers in which you never deal with the same customer service rep. twice. The first rep said my item would be redelivered at no cost to me with a $20 voucher on my next purchase. The next rep. wanted to know if I wanted the item redelivered. I stated I did since it was a gift. I then got a 3rd rep telling me the item couldn't be redelivered until 5/19/18. Being patient I responded better late than never. The 4th rep contacted me stating that the item I ordered (which was the wrong order number they were referencing) wasn't available in that area and wanted to send something completely different (it was ugly).

I responded that this was unacceptable and wanted what I originally ordered sent and that if it wasn't available then why did it arrive to my designated destination damaged the first time? The next rep. responded something about smiles being a part of their motto and again referenced a $20 voucher. At this point I'm extremely frustrated because none of the customer service reps. knows what the other had done or said. I then asked for a refund. My subtotal was $44.99 minus a $6.75 discount (delivery was about $18 which I did not seek restitution for) so my total should have been $38.24. I got yet another rep who stated my refund would only be $28.10. I sent yet another response showing what my refund should have been and to this date (5/17/18) I have not gotten a response.

I tried another tactic and reached out to 1-800-Flowers founder and CEO, Jim McCann who then sent a customer service robotic response that if the customer and recipient aren't smiling then 1-800-Flowers still has some work to do and again reiterated a $20 voucher. I'm still not smiling nor is my recipient. I don't want a voucher. I want a refund and to never do business with this company again. Even with this "voucher" I'm still not guaranteed that I won't have another issue like the one I just experienced. Life is too short and if a company isn't willing to make things right by my standards then there are other companies out there that will.

Original review: May 17, 2018

This is the worst delivery company ever. I called on May 9 to have flowers delivered on May 11 to my sister in law for Mother’s Day. I anticipated how busy they would be so I did it early. It was never delivered so I waited. I checked the tracking on Saturday nothing so I called. They told me assured me it would be delivered that day. It wasn’t. Again I waited to the next day still nothing checked the tracking still nothing. Monday came now it’s after Mother’s Day and still nothing. I finally called on Tuesday no explanation but they said, “Give us a chance to make good on it.” How are you going to do that? Mother’s Day is over. I told them, “Refund my money now.” I got my refund credited today. I will never use them again. I thought they were a good company but I guess they can’t handle holidays.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Flowers received were crushed and not what you expect from this organization. Trimming bottoms did not help the crushed roses. No longer order floral arrangements over the internet.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Ordered Orchids, got something else. They didn’t have Orchids, but didn’t tell me. They were supposed to deliver the Orchids the next day but called and the florists were closed on Saturday. So a Monday delivery was scheduled. I was hung up on by phone reps. Finally went to corporate and got my $80 back.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I’m not one to complain often or loudly, but 1-800-Flowers takes the cake in terms of POOR DELIVERY. My friend ordered flowers for me and a “confirmation” claimed they were delivered last Saturday, but they did not come. They did not come on Sunday. Monday, I called, and they assured me the flowers would arrive by the end of the day. They did not. Tuesday, I called again, and was assured the flowers would arrive before 8:00 pm. They did not. Wednesday, I called, and was told that a second local florist had been contacted, and the bouquet would arrive on Wednesday. It did not. Now I am being told the flowers will come on Thursday. I’ll believe it when I see it. This has been a disaster, not so much for me, but for my dear friend who placed and paid for the order. She is immensely disappointed, and I am upset that my friend is so sad. Run, do not walk, from this company.

Original review: May 16, 2018

DO NOT use 1-800-FLOWERS! Ordered flowers for my mom 2 days before Mother's Day. They took my money... lost my order that was guaranteed delivery on Sunday... got the run around from 4 different representatives... flowers were delivered at 11:00 last night.... half dead and NOTHING like they were supposed to be! Thanks. I'll take my FULL refund and you can keep your 20% off coupon... not for my inconvenience, but for your incompetence... because I will NOT be ordering from you again!??? I'll leave you to see what's wrong with these pictures!!!

Original review: May 16, 2018

Ordered flowers to be delivered to my daughter's work... first day on the job. Which was a big thing for her. They delivered the flowers right at 5:00 pm. Which was when she was about to leave. So, of course I asked her to send me a picture of the flowers. And they were not what I ordered as far as what came with the arrangement. The green leaves almost looked dead. And the baby's breath was not included in the vase as shown on the original order. I do not plan to order from them again. So disappointing.

1-800-Flowers.com Company Information