1.29/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2258 1-800-Flowers.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

IF I COULD GIVE NO STARS I WOULD!!! 1-800-Flowers is a absolutely HORRIBLE! I paid extra money to have flowers delivered between 8am-12pm. At 12:15 pm nothing was delivered. I called 1-800-Flowers customer service and was assured it would be sent out shortly. At 2:15 pm they still were not delivered. I called back and the customer service rep told me the address did not exist and the driver left. I was never contacted nor was the recipient. The rep proceeded to debate with me about the address and the supervisor was not helpful at all. I will never ever order flowers and I will not refer anyone either. This was a terrible experience and now my loved one couldn't receive any flowers for her birthday.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I ordered online for a funeral. I wasn't able to attend the funeral but was alerted by a friend that the flowers didn't arrive. I got no email or notification from this company. When I followed up, they offered to send the funeral spray to the home. That was unacceptable and they eventually refunded my money. Be very careful using this service for something you arent attending. I would have just assumed that the flowers were delivered and they would have, I assume, pocketed my $$.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I purchased the ocean breeze orchids a day ago for my mom so that she could get them today and thankfully I can say that for my first experience it went good. The flowers came on time and turned out good with no wilted flowers or broken vase. I read reviews about this place not being good but I'm glad to have a good experience. The only thing I was not happy about was the tracking information, I got scared when I couldn't keep track of my order on MY SIDE and through the email and on the tracking part of website.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Flowers were not delivered the first time and so an upgrade was given and yet never delivered. Called for a refund and nothing can be done by the 3rd world country that answered the phone. Thanks 1-800-Flowers for the worst service ever.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I placed order at 8:25 in the morning. I am in GA and needed at a service in MA. Receive a phone call late in afternoon that there is a problem with the order and can't deliver until November 6th. Well the visitation is today and funeral is tomorrow in the morning. Couldn't make the rep understand I didn't need on November 6th. Had to ask repeatedly for my money back. She said they refunded. I asked for an e-mail to confirm credit. Still haven't received. Now I will have to follow up with my credit card company. My suggestion would be to do the research and buy LOCAL.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

NEVER use 1-800-Flowers. Ordered flowers to be delivered on Friday. Flowers came with the wrong arrangement. Never called to inform me they were changing the order. In addition, half of the flowers were dead. The guy that delivered it said that they did not have any red roses in stock. This was not Valentine's Day. They apologized and guaranteed the flowers would be delivered on Saturday. They were not. They assured me that the flowers would be delivered on Monday. They were not. They continued to call the recipient and request that I call them. The recipient has no interest in hassling with this order that they were supposed to receive. Scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday to the wrong address and an arrangement that was not originally ordered.

These flowers to be delivered to the home address via FedEx. When delivered they will sit on the hot porch until the recipient gets home after work. To preserve my dignity I requested that the recipient throw the flowers right in the trashcan so that I would not be embarrassed any further. You need to remember that when the recipient receives your flowers they will not think that Donnie, Anna, Emily, or Crystal sent you a crappy bouquet of flowers. They will only think of you and your mistake. I do not write reviews but I could not let this one go.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I ordered flowers to be sent to a funeral. The funeral was at 12:30 and I selected the flowers be delivered in the morning. The flowers were NOT delivered and when I contacted them about it, all they would do was deliver them to the family the next day at 'no additional charge'. I didn't want the flowers to go to the family the next day, I wanted the flowers to go to the FUNERAL which is why I sent them. The was a very sad and trying time for my family and this company made it worse.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I ordered flowers for a funeral. I ordered on 10/16/18 for delivery the next day on 10/17/18. I arrived at the viewing at 1500 and did not see my arrangement, now mind you this was a $250 arrangement. I was at the funeral home until almost 2100 and no delivery. Once I got home I contacted their customer service to inquire about the flowers. I was told and I quote, "After carefully checking, our florist informed us that they have received the a high volume of orders and they are unable to deliver". I know the sentence is a little off, but that is a quote as I took a screenshot of the conversation when they would not send me a copy of the exchange. I asked if it would be delivered the next day and again I was told that it was impossible for them to do so. They did ask how they could make this right and I told them there was no way as my loved one was buried.

I ordered these flowers straight from a link on the Funeral Homes web page. They refunded my money with their deepest condolences. I did not want their condolences. I wanted my arrangement delivered as promised. If they could not make the delivery I could have gone to a secondary company but they did not give me that option as they used up all the time needed to make that happen. They offered me a $20 certificate to be used on my next order. I told them to keep it as there would not be a next order. I wish I could give zero stars as that is what they deserve. Please, please do not order from these folks. They do not care if they get there or not, they do not care how important it is to you to show your respects for your loved one. They just DO NOT CARE. You are forewarned. I have hard copies of all the conversations with these folks if anyone would like to see this disaster play by play.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I ordered a flower arrangement for the funeral of a much loved relative and became concerned when I didn't get a delivery notice by the evening of the showing. The next morning at 8.00 am, the day of the funeral, I queried whether they had been delivered. I received several placatory messages throughout the day telling me that they were looking into it and only received a message at 8.00 PM that they hadn't delivered!! This was long after the funeral. If they had let me know in the morning I could have made other arrangements with another company. I'm so angry!! They handled this so badly. I will never use them again.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Ordered arrangement for funeral home delivery by 11 am. 4 pm nothing yet. Called to talk to supervisor and she tells me they still can be delivered. By 11 am was written on the order not after 4. Very poor customer service and defiantly very bad in following directions. Pay extra and get nothing. I will never rely on 1800 flowers ever again and neither should anybody else. Review online before ordering from a company. If I would have, I would never have ordered since the reviews I’ve read now are terrible, just like I experienced.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I placed my order 5 days prior to my 4 year old granddaughter’s birthday to ensure that it would arrive at her school on time. In the order I indicated “school” as type of business. The flowers/teddy arrived late (after all of the kids were gone). It is a standard across the country that schools end around 3:00. My granddaughter left the next morning to go on the vacation. When she finally get to see the flowers, they will have already died. I sent an email to customer service with a complaint and they responded that they arrived before 5:00 (close of business). That’s not close of business for a school. If there was a risk of them not delivering them on the day of, they had plenty of time to deliver them a day early. Customer Service didn’t seem to care. I canceled my Passport account. It’s not worth the headache.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I ordered a live plant for a funeral, and the website was not clear about delivery times and fees. They charged a delivery fee that was more than indicated. They didn't deliver the product in the time frame that was paid for.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

On their website it said plain as day, for same day delivery place order before 1pm. So for gift number one for my boyfriend’s birthday, I ordered an edible arrangement through 800 flowers at 8am in the morning to be delivered to his place of business. I received a confirmation email at 8:05 and checked my account seeing that the money was already deducted...cool. So I checked the delivery status multiple times after and the status never changed from pending delivery. At 2:45pm I call to see if they were on the way and maybe hadn’t updated the website. They sent an email to the company to make them aware that the recipient was leaving work at 4 pm.

At 3:30 with the status still the same, I called again and asked for the number to the place delivering the order but it was against their policy to give out their number and said that she could not call, they can only communicate through emails. She asked me to allow them time to make the delivery and then asked me if I had reached out to the recipient to see if he got the delivery. I thought that was crazy being it was suppose to be a surprise so I told her if he had received it he would have called me. Needless to say he came home empty handed and I was pissed. Call the 3rd time, this time to request a refund. This rep offered to call the company to see the status, which I was told earlier they could not do, and came back to the phone offering me a $20 credit on a future order and delivery to our home address by 7pm. Again this never happened.

I called the next day to demand a refund and after her attempt to sell me some more BS, which I refused to hear, I was placed on a long hold. She came back and I was told I would be refunded the total of $86.64 which could take 3-5 days to put back in my account. This was no special holiday such as Valentine’s Day or Father’s Day. It was October 19th. This was a big disappointment being that this was the opener to his birthday and everything else, because of his work schedule and working two jobs, was planned for the next day. Go with the actual Edible Arrangements company. Stay away for anything dealing with 800 Flowers!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I ordered same day delivery flowers for a friend who flew to California on 10/16. I had to contact 1-800-Flowers 3 time over the course of the next 3 days and was offered free redelivery twice. By 10/18 5pm I asked for a full refund since my friend would be leaving the following morning and would not receive the flowers and I was offered a 50% refund and free redelivery. I had to explain multiple times that redelivery was pointless since she would no longer be there. I had to ask for a supervisor before the customer service agent agreed to give a refund.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

So called 1-800-Flowers after going online. Person I spoke to did not speak English. It was a unique experience. So anyway it all started when I placed an order at 1pm online. It never went through. Then called. Had a horrible experience then a manager walked me through the steps. Still no luck. So I called flowershopping.com. Spoke to Randy. Awesome personality. Awesome customer service. Spoke crystal clear English. Made my experience amazing. I won't ever recommend 1-800-Flowers. Also they can't find my three pending transactions. Luckily my credit card company stopped payment... It's funny how these large American companies outsource work to the Philippines so they can make more money. It's pathetic.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

THE WORST experience I’ve ever had in purchasing a service and never being taken care of. Ordered an early arrangement for stepdaughter to be delivered to her high school so her friends could see on Thursday night to be delivered for Friday. I called that Friday morning to confirm florist received order and everything was in place. Friday afternoon I never receive notification of order sent. I call and come to learn the florist couldn’t make it because of the late order. Ok fine I’ll give them the weekend so it can be delivered Monday. AGAIN no delivery for Monday- the florist couldn’t get a driver. Tuesday! They needed approval of them using their own different flowers because they didn’t have pink and white ones like I ordered.

FINE! Just send some flowers. NOPE! They for some reason couldn’t do it still. Wednesday, we are promised up and down the arrangement is out for delivery. AGAIN we were LIED to! After 120 hours of them having the order and not being able to provide a simple service I finally asked for a refund. PLEASE do not waste your time and energy on such an incompetent company. UNPROFESSIONAL!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Don't buy The Classic Budding Rose!! It is horrible! The roses arrived drooping and looking dead... When I called, I was told they were buds that would bloom... so I waited, and they never bloomed, they just got droopier and deader until they all fell off. I called again to ask for something ELSE, and I was told they would only send the same one! I cried, "but it will be the same thing! I want something different!" The woman assured me it would not be droopy, that it WOULD bloom... I asked her if she herself SEES it before it goes out, and she did not answer, so I knew the answer was no... So the 2nd one arrived, and guess what... IT WAS THE SAME THING! EXACTLY THE SAME! The website is telling me that "a more detailed review is better", but I think I have made the situation very clear.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I should have checked reviews BEFORE calling 1-800-FLOWERS.com. THE REVIEWS ARE RECENT AND AS BAD AS THE FLOWERS THEY HAD DELIVERED! Online anything and everything is bogus. Do yourself a favor and stay away from 1-800-FLOWERS.com or, like me, when they tell you a supervisor will call you back, you'll never hear from them again! I just flushed my money down a foreign call center toilet. Smart! P.S. HEY ConsumerAffairs!! How about showing the most recent reviews on the FIRST PAGE so I don't have to go looking for them!!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I placed an order online with 1800-Flowers due to their vast selection and ease of use. I ordered a funeral spray in military colors on the 9th for a funeral on the 12th. Come time for the visitation, our flowers were not at the funeral home. After an hour, I called and talked to "Peggy" in an foreign country. They put me on hold for at least 10 minutes and came back assuring me that the flowers were "on the way to be delivered". The flowers never arrived for the visitation or the service.

I called them back that evening and said I wanted a refund because the flowers never showed up. A different "Peggy" put me on hold another 10 minutes and came back on saying, "Could we go ahead and deliver those for you?" Appalled, I said, "It's a little late! The man is already in the ground!!" They did refund the money spent, or so they told me. If it doesn't show up in a few days on the account, I will add to this review! I wish I had researched reviews before ordering from them. But it seems like they have been around for a while, so I figured they must be reputable. NOT! Do not use this company.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I ordered flowers to be delivered the same day to a co-worker in the hospital and tried to track them the next day and they were not delivered. Upon speaking with a representatives from the company, who was very disorganized and put me on hold for ten minutes. I then called back and spoke with another representative who finally told me the florist was unable to deliver them. I asked why I was not contacted via email or by phone and why they did not try an alternate florist as I paid for it to be delivered the same day. She had no answers, said it would be delivered today. I am very dissatisfied with their service and lack of customer service! I will not be using them again!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Absolutely horrible delivery service and customer service. Twice I have ordered a floral arrangement to be sent in advance. Once to an individual in the hospital, which was finally delivered several days later to their home instead, and yesterday to a funeral at a church, which was never delivered. The funeral delivery had to be cancelled, because there was not an alternate for delivery. I placed the funeral delivery several days prior to the funeral that was scheduled at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday. I received an email confirmation about the arrangement being put together by the florist at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, stating they would send me delivery confirmation as soon as it was completed. I never received anything back and called 1-800-Flowers.com later that afternoon to see what happened.

The customer service rep could barely hear me because of all the background noise going on in their call center (laughing and playing around). They could not get in touch with the florist and said they would call me back. I received a call from the call center today, stating the florist they chose was closed on Saturdays and Sundays and the arrangement had not been delivered. They asked for the gentleman that died address to ship the arrangement to on Monday. I explained that the man had died and there was no longer an address to ship it to! They insisted I give them some address to ship it to. I again explained that a funeral arrangement was meant for a funeral and nothing else and that I could not ship it to some other address.

The impact of this company not delivering for our non-profit organization to acknowledge and show our heartfelt recognition of this gentleman is horrible. We will find a way to show our empathy to his family and other ways to recognize how we feel about losing him. But we will NEVER engage 1-800-Flowers.com again for anything. Years ago I recommended them, but they have changed significantly and that will never happen again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Ordered flowers for a birthday and the flowers did not arrive on delivery date. Did not find out they were not delivered until that night but not from 1800FLOWERS. Contacted customer service and was offered $20 on my next order. The next order is not the problem. It is the current order. Told them they will not have to worry about next order.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

It's unfortunate that with the size of this company and all the business they receive that they are not providing a major piece of customer service that includes, accuracy on dates of delivery, follow through with their vendors on timely deliveries & presentation of the product. Calling customer service several times, the rep was nonchalant about the fact that my order was not delivered on the date specified the 1st or 2nd time. Which prompted me to check on several other orders for funeral arrangements, in turn those too had the wrong delivery dates, being refunded was not the option I wanted, I trusted & depended on this company to deliver the service I paid for and they failed, miserably!

I wont do or recommend anyone to do business with them and feel sorry for the vendors contracted with 1-800-Flowers.com, because in turn they make the vendors look bad and vice versa, some of the vendors make 1-800-Flowers.com look bad. Ultimately when your business name is on the line, it's your absolute responsibility to ensure your customers are happy & if they are not, you in turn, do your best, to fix-it!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I was away from my wife on Valentine's Day and decided to send her some flowers. I ordered a $118 bouquet or 18 roses in a large red quartz-like vase. When she received the flowers, she told me that she only received 17 roses and they were in a clear glass, plain vase. I paid extra for the red one. When I contacted 1-800-Flowers, the emailed me back apologizing, telling me the local florist did not have that vase. They promised to email me with a coupon for $25 off my next order and that they would immediately replace my order and have it shipped again for no charge.

Never received a coupon and the order was never placed or sent. I paid them the agreed upon amount for the product. However, they decided to short my order and actually change the details of my order after the fact with no notice or chance for me to cancel. They took my money and intentionally did not deliver what they promised. Judging by the reviews here, this is not uncommon. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Ordered flowers for a friend's birthday a few days prior. Chose a $75 Birthday arrangement from photo on website. Got an email that my order was shipped and I noticed that the delivery email had a different arrangement than I ordered. This was not only not what I ordered, but it was not even a Birthday arrangement. I contacted them immediately and they said it was because they couldn't find a local florist??? And they shipped from OH to WI??? No florist in the state of WI? Really??? The arrangement was nowhere near close to what I ordered and nowhere near what was in the photo. Much much smaller and just horrible condition. All they offered was a $20 credit for another purchase. Which is useless because I would never use them again!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Order my wife flowers. I made sure I clicked on same day delivery. Nothing came. Next day I called. They said give them another chance so I did. So today the Flowers were suppose to come and nothing again. Do not not deal with them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Ordered flowers for mom birthday to be delivered to her job. Placed the order well in advance. Flowers never delivered! The window was 10 am-5 pm. I called at 4 pm and rep stated flowers were in route. Called again at 4:45. 5 o'clock comes around and I’m forced to ruin the surprise to ask my mom if she received anything and she said no. Called back to 1-800-Flowers and they have no excuse! Said they couldn’t get in contact with the “local florist” (also refused to provide me the “local florist” contact info)! The next option they offered was to redirect the order to deliver to her mom address by 8 pm. I accepted considering she loves flowers. 8 pm comes around, nothing! The representative had to nerve to offer me a $20 gift certificate — the flowers were $89.99. Will be contacting my bank to dispute the charges! Crooks.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My husband ordered a funeral arrangement for his step-grandmother's funeral that he could not attend. After getting an email that the flowers were on their way, it wasn't until two days later that we discovered the flowers were never delivered to the funeral home. We have contacted 1-800 Flowers twice now and assured we would get a refund. It is now 8 days later and I still have not received my $100.78 refund.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I ordered a "Large" Bouquet of flowers for my wife's birthday to be delivered to her office and a box of chocolates. The flowers would not even be a "small" and the candy has never shown up. Terrible service. Tried to call four times, Got the "unexpected large volume of callers" recording, tried their chat (text) feature, just automated responses. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

The order was late, wrong and looked unprofessional. It was definitely not what I paid for and customer service refuses to work with me on a refund. Obviously, customers do not matter to this company.

1-800-Flowers.com Company Information