3.7/5 (761 ratings)

About 1-800-Flowers.com

1-800-Flowers has been in the business of handcrafting flower arrangements, gift baskets, gourmet food items, keepsakes, household plants and home goods since the early 1980s. It was the first company to use a toll-free number for flower orders. 1-800-Flowers specializes in fresh flower bouquets, corporate gifts, flower arrangements for funerals, weddings and large special events.

Pros

• Long-lasting
  • Extensive selection
  • Can order through local florists

Cons

• Shipping charges can be high
  • Can be expensive

Bottom Line

1-800-Flowers has been a trusted flower delivery service for nearly 40 years. It offers a wide selection of flowers, gifts and gourmet gift baskets with same-day delivery options.

1-800-Flowers.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

If I could give this 0 stars I would! They don't even deserve one single star, don't waste your time or energy on this horrible place! They do nothing to fix the situations at all! I paid $100 for my mother to receive flowers as beautiful as the photos and it was a mistake thinking they would look the same. My mother has been sick with the flu for 3 weeks and I thought sending her flowers would at least put a smile on her face and I was WRONG!!! They supposedly attempted to deliver flowers 4 times and she finally received them BROWN!! BROWN DEAD FLOWERS THE LADY SAID SHE HAS HELD ON TO FOR 3 DAYS!!! HOW IS THIS OK??? Every single person I have talked to lied and did nothing at all. They don't care but will apologize a million and 1 times for nothing and do not care at all!! Horrible. Don't ever go to this place and think you will be happy. You will not!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Not recommended at all. Last year I couldn’t be with my wife for her birthday, so this year was very special. This crappie company never delivered the flowers. I HIGHLY NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY. Not worth it. If you expecting a nice detail for your loved ones definitely use other services.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

I wish zero stars was an option! I ordered an adorable puppy floral arrangement for my hospitalized 95-yr old grandmother. I spent $85 dollars on this arrangement. The arrangement looked like nothing like the order! When I tried to call for a resolution, I was disconnected after being on hold for 13 minutes. I then went onto the website and initiated a help chat. It took over an hour to reach even a somewhat satisfactory resolution. The rep even called me by the wrong name at one point.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Ordered from here twice. First time the order did not show up. It claimed delivered but was not there. It was a business and they had the name so it shouldn't be hard. So I called. They argued with me for awhile that it was out for delivery until they finally listened and actually checked. So they did replace it. Day late. Not great, but whatever. Placed another order weeks later. This time the order comes up delayed. I am somewhere that I cannot call, but I can use the chat to speak to them. Worst experience ever. I was disconnected about 6 times. The agent would say something and before I could even type a reply it would say I was dormant too long and disconnect. Had to call. Waited on hold forever. They said they could redeliver the next day, but this time cannot change the address for some reason.

The person will not be at that address the next day and if I change it then it will be 4 more days. Ridiculous. So I just canceled it. At this time I still haven't received the refund so it looks like I am going to have to call them again. I will never do business with this company again. I also left a review on their website and their suspiciously is barely any negative reviews. Pretty sure they delete them.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Please do not use this website to buy any flower for your own good. If you want to buy flowers or friends and family or yourself, or anyone, there are so many other options. I tried to order a sympathy bouquet for my friend, but soon realized that I ordered the one with the wrong vase. So I went on the chat to cancel the order. I was told the order was just placed, so I needed to wait for 30 minutes for it to process to cancel it. I waited 30 minutes and went on the chat again to cancel. I was told the order was successfully canceled and I will get my returns in 1-2 days. (I have a screenshot of the chat too)

However, I never get my refund, and I had to pay for two orders. I went on the chat to ask for the refund, but the agent tried to ignore me--not kidding I know it sounds ridiculous, but I had to wait for 11 minutes and keep asking if the agent was still there to get the response. When she finally respond, she said there was nothing she could do, and she just ended the chat.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

My family received the 1-800-Flowers.com Sympathy Blooming Garden after the death of a family member. It looked nothing like what the advertised plant looked like. When taken out of the packaging, leaves & flowers were either dead or broken. It was a very big disappointment to say the least. I called customer service to complain. The representative couldn't have been more helpful. She had a replacement sent out immediately. Unfortunately, that one wasn't much better. I will most definitely never use or recommend 1-800 FLOWERS.COM again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Delivered a dead plant to a recovering cancer patient and then haggled over the amount of the refund when customer service was contacted. I can't really think of a less classy way to do business, but when one is discovered, trust that they will be all over it.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

#ChrisMcCann CEO of #1800Flowers was unable to deliver joy, comfort or support with my gift to a newborn baby. I received confirmation that my gift package was delivered only to find out a month later that in fact it was not. I contacted the support team, they guaranteed it would be re-delivered. I received another confirmation of delivery and again, no show. I contacted them again and they acknowledged a delivery problem and guaranteed another delivery. Guess what? It never happened for a third time. They credited me what I paid for the gift and offered me a $20 gift card toward my next purchase. I trusted this company to make me look good as I sent a gift. For a company that is in the business of sending joy, comfort and support, I experienced none of that. What I did experience was an embarrassing runaround that trickled down to the recipient.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Ordered a fruit bouquet for my daughter's bday- it wasn’t delivered even after numerous calls to check in status and being told it would be delivered by 8pm. An email Said it would be redelivered, I assumed the next day. Called the next day and was assured that it would be delivered that day and was given a shipping $credit and a 20$ store credit for “my inconvenience”. Got an email an hour later that it wouldn't be delivered until the following day! Called AGAIN and was told that they put in a reorder and now it wasn’t going to be delivered until the next day.

Asked them to call the shop and they couldn’t get ahold of them. Asked for another credit or something and was told They couldn’t. Asked for a supervisor who told Me the same thing and that my only options were to have it delivered 2 days late or cancel for a refund- when I asked how they can just deliver any time they want she replied there was nothing she could do. So mad! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They are also affiliated with fruit bouquets.com

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Placed an order for a medium flower arrangement in vase to be delivered to friend in local hospital in time for same day delivery. 1) Site failed to allow me to use the TWENTY percent discount code it offered. Called customer service after placing order and was promised that they would correct this with a 20% discount refunded to my credit card. 2) Later, same customer agent called to tell me they missed the delivery guy and would not deliver until tomorrow. Promised to refund full delivery cost to my credit card due to inconvenience. 3) It has been 1 month and ZERO REFUNDS to my card. 4) I will give them an excellent grade on the flower arrangement they delivered.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

For our Anniversary I looked at a few flower delivery company and decided to go with 1-800-Flowers.com. I ordered 4 dozen long stem roses, 2 Mylar balloons, and a personalized card, for $262.32. The amount was immediately deducted from account, product was to be delivered before end of business day of our anniversary. I reviewed the confirmation and seen a delivery time of up to 8pm. The University she works for stays open until 10pm, so I believed if she did not receive them before 6pm, they would be there the next day. The next morning when she arrived, the receptionist said no flowers were delivered. I call the customer service line, at this time they said there were no long stems available, and they called to ask about an alternate arrangement.

I explained, I did not have a message or missed call, and I would like the Long stems and my order if available today. I was then told the balloons and card would not be available and we agreed to a delivery this day of 6 dozen red long stems. At the end of the business day, no delivery again, I called customer service. I was told that they processed the delivery for the next day, and was told they have the balloon, 5 dozen long stem roses and the personalized card now. I agreed and called my wife to explain. Later that night, I received a call that 1-800-Flowers.com had no vendors in the city with long stem roses, and asked if I would accept 2 dozen roses, a teddy bear, and $80 refund.

Appalled, I declined and asked to speak with a supervisor. I was put on hold four times, the first 3 times the same gentleman, returned to the call with an offer of a comparable arrangement and $20 off next purchase. Each time I declined and asked to speak with a supervisor. I was told the supervisors were all busy on calls the first two times, then that no supervisors were on a shift, and last that the customer service rep works from home and does not have contact with any supervisors. After 1 hour 27 minutes I received a refund notice. During this process my wife called 5 floral shops, that had long stem red roses in their cooler, all of which do contracts for 1-800-Flowers.com.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I ordered flowers and windchimes from 1-800-FLOWERS to have delivered to friends that travelled out of state for a funeral for the loss of a loved one. The quality of flowers that was ordered vs what was delivered was night and day. I was completely embarrassed when the recipient sent a photo of what they received. I spent almost an hour on chat with a customer service agent who kept apologizing for delivering the gift on the wrong date which was never the issue. They offered a redelivery and full refund with a $20 off coupon to use them again. Then they offered JUST a redelivery and no refund or coupon. Gina assured me the order would be delivered the following day.

A few minutes later, I got a phone call from 1-800-FLOWERS with a message saying they could NOT deliver the next day and I had to start over and call their customer service number to make arrangements for a new delivery. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes, the new rep (Denise) said they can deliver the flowers in a couple days but they have to cancel the order for the windchimes. I had a hard time hearing her because there were kids screaming and a loud television in the background. So as it now sits, I am hoping for a redelivery in a couple of days and the other half of my order was cancelled. If I want to resend it, I have to place a new order. AND I have to wait 2 weeks for the money to be refunded. I will NEVER use this company again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Extraordinarily BAD SERVICE! Tried to order flowers for delivery to an out of town funeral. I needed to designate a time the flowers had to be delivered by. There was no place on the order form for that. I got on the "chat" and had to go through 3 different agents all of whom gave me the PC "double talk" over and over but refused to commit to a "not later than" delivery. I finally called "customer service" and placed the order. Well checked my bank account over a low balance warning and it seems that 1-800-Flowers will run your credit card TWICE and not only charge it outright, but "reserve an equal balance for an additional "24 hours" after the charge has actually been paid by the bank". Well it's been 72 hours and they still have $152 of my money locked up.

Contacted customer service again and agent continues to repeat the card note that the money will be released 24 hours after the original charge is completed. Asked to speak to a supervisor. I had to hold for for over an hour who first tried to "educate me" on how online purchases work, and when I called ** he transferred me to his accounting department. Who said the charge would remain for 3-5 business days. What a mess! Bank says (and they are very reliable) they charged me twice. So we wait 3-5 days $152 short to see if the additional charge falls off. I will NEVER patronize this company again!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I bought an $80 bouquet of flowers (price after a 15% discount) from 1-800-Flowers pictured on the left, but they sent a skimpy version of what I bought with way less flowers and they did not include all of the types of flowers in the bouquet that they advertised would be in it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I do not normally write negative reviews. Although, I express my complete disappointment with this service time and time again. They have not once got an order correct or delivered something I can be proud of. Out of each flower selection, I order the most expensive one and the delivered product looks like they chose flowers in the NYC subway. There is no care and craftsmanship that goes into their work. The quality of service and product in the worst I have ever dealt with. If you go to their website, you cannot even find an email to customer service. You must call which takes forever. This is probably their tactic, so customers do not get their refunds.

On my most recent and last delivery, I will order with them, they delivered flowers that could not be any different from what is marketed on their website. Furthermore, I paid to have a special card delivered with the order but instead, they provided an index card with my message. I cannot believe the disrespect they show to your customers. This platform does not allow me to post a picture of my order today (9.7.222) that compares what they advertise vs what was delivered so please look on other platforms for my image. I AM DOING YOU ALL A SERVICE. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. TAKE YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I placed an order (#**) on 8/30 around noon to be delivered the same day to my cousin in Seattle (Zip Code 98118). At 6:38pm I received an email from 1-800-Flowers stating that the florist attempted to deliver the gift but was unable to do so. However, the order tracker never showed my gift to be out for delivery. The next morning, 8/31, at 8:40am I received another email from 1-800-Flowers stating that my order had been delivered. The recipient never received my gift so I called and spoke to a customer service supervisor that reached out to the florist and confirmed that they never attempted to deliver my gift. They also informed me that it was too late for them to attempt to deliver it. The supervisor told me she would reimburse me 50% off of my order, apply free shipping, and give me a coupon for my next order.

My original order was was resubmitted by her which generated a new order #** that was supposed to be delivered on 9/1. On 9/1 I received an email letting me know the new order was received but again the recipient never received it. I called twice to speak with a supervisor but nobody was available. I did get through the 3rd time and the person I spoke to didn't seem to care or show any empathy towards my situation. He told me my order could still be received up until 8pm. He didn’t listen to my whole story and tried to offer me free shipping again… I explained I already had free shipping and at this point I need to be fully reimbursed. He refused to reimburse me and said the most he could do was 25% off of what was already discounted. He wouldn’t reach out to the florist for updates and told me I needed to wait until after 8pm.

My recipient still has not received my gift and I can’t spend hours on hold to speak to your customer service representatives for the 4th day in a row. The recipient is a 12 year old girl that was severely injured in a car accident. Not only has she been waiting for a special gift but every time I get an email from you guys she gets excited only to find that nothing came. This is extremely disappointing to us. The most frustrating part is that this isn’t the 1st time this happened when I used your services. In September 2020 I placed an order that was not received and when it was only part of it came and I was charged twice for it. Then the other part of the order came and looked disgusting and embarrassing. This was order #**. I was reimbursed for this one and given a $20 off coupon but could not use it for this purchase cause it expired.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

I’ve ordered from this company before (12 years ago) actually. Cannot believe something like this happened. I ordered in time (4 days) so that if it was a problem my order. It could’ve been resolved earlier before the due delivery date. Instead, the entire situation was totally unacceptable customer service. Therefore, I learned my order was rejected but my money was accepted 4 days prior. The rejection of my order was on the DELIVERY DATE! What the hell! THIS WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE I’VE EVER HAD WITH ANY COMPANY THIS YEAR. I ORDERED THE FLOWERS (over $150) order for a very special lady. THE WIFE OF BISHOP TD **, HIS WIFE MRS SERITA ** (birthday celebration) at my church on August 21. 2022. Nowhere on the site did it say SUNDAY WAS UNAVAILABLE FOR DELIVERY! However, my MONEY & ORDER WAS TAKEN! Totally UNACCEPTABLE AND DISAPPOINTED!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

I ordered flowers for my sister's birthday and paid extra to get them delivered on her birthday. However, when I spoke to her, they never got there. They didn't tell me this, I found out by calling my sister. Each time I called them, they promised that they would personally make sure she the flowers that day... Then they would not deliver them and not call me. It took me six calls and three days before they actually delivered the flowers...and they arrived dead. They replaced them only after my sister complained repeatedly, and they grudgingly offered me a $20 credit.

I should have realized at this point that the company was not the company it used to be, but hoping my first experience was a fluke, I ordered flowers for a friend, choosing a pretty arrangement to be sent the next day. Instead, I got a call the next day saying they couldn't send them, but could send a different arrangement, which would arrive a week later. They seemed put out that I wanted to know what arrangement would be sent instead, and when I finally got them to give me the order number so I could see it, it was totally inappropriate (lilies -- funeral flowers -- for someone who was recovering from an illness), plus the arrangement they wanted to send was a lot cheaper (but they did not offer to refund the difference).

It appears they were trying to bait and switch, sending a cheaper arrangement to offset the $20 credit. The person on the phone was completely incompetent, couldn't answer questions, and couldn't understand why I would be unhappy about paying one price for a much cheaper arrangement that would arrive a week later. Terrible service, and it appears they are completely unreliable these days. Avoid this company at all costs. There's no quality control, no service, and if you do get flowers delivered, there's no guarantee they'll be alive.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I ordered an arrangement through this company 3 days before delivery. It was required that the delivery be made at or before 11 am. I communicated that to them and they said that was not a problem. The day of the delivery I received a confirmation that it was delivered at 1:58 pm. The funeral was over and the bereaved had left. I requested a full refund since they didn’t deliver when they said they would. They refused so I had to dispute it through my credit card. You have been warned. I’ve seen many other reviewers say similar thing about this company.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

My order was delivered on time to South Carolina. The flower arrangement was absolutely gorgeous. The Roses were huge, and healthy. My best friend was ecstatic about the flowers, I ordered 12 long stem Roses in a beautiful vase. The delivery woman was friendly and wished my best friend a happy birthday. Thank you 1-800-Flowers.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

When you order Flowers for your Mom’s birthday you expect them to arrive on that day. After three calls making sure they would be delivered I found out they did not deliver them. They did not apologize and the customer service rep even laughed at me. I can’t tell you how upset I was after spending $100 to get some flowers to my Mom on her birthday. They do not have real customer service. What they are is a good phone number that they have turned into a heartless company. How can you not deliver flowers on the actual birthday. You end up talking to a robotic person who does nothing for you and probably hates their job. They offered to not charge for extra fee I paid to have it delivered the next day. That is not customer service.

The call center is not in the US and they seemed to take joy in my being upset. It’s like me being upset made her day. I called them 3 times and all was good. Then she was like the delivery window is 9-8. You can’t get in touch with the actual flower shop who botched the delivery. I asked what would happen if they delivered flowers late for a funeral and she said they give you 50% back. They do not understand what the business they are in is. It’s an event company and if you miss the event you failed and should own up to it. What good is sending flowers to my Mom the day after her birthday? That why I paid $100. I paid $100 to have them delivered on her d*mn birthday. She also told me nothing is guaranteed. Do not trust this scam of a company. They are heartless gold diggers.

Original review: July 23, 2022

I have ordered from 1-800-Flowers several times and each experience gets worse. It started with roses whose petals fell off as I unboxed them and progressed to unreliable deliveries and customer service agents who don’t know how to rectify an issue. My most recent order was for my mother in the hospital. Shortly after placing the order I received a call asking if I would approve the delivery for the next day, versus same day.

I approved the request but it turned out they were not delivered the next day. In fact I didn't receive an email or phone call…I had to call the company to ask about the status of the order. I was Informed the florist did not have all of the flowers shown in the arrangement. So rather than making substitutions or contacting me, they just didn’t make and deliver an arrangement at all! The company rep apologized and refunded my $5.99 service fee but said there was nothing else that could be done. In the future I will call a local florist and place my order directly. I will Never use this company again

Original review: July 20, 2022

So, I don't usually do reviews, but this has happened to me 2 times now. A friend passed away last week and we ordered flowers for the funeral. Received both email and text confirmation of the order. When I asked the family if they received them, they indeed had NOT! How embarrassing, humiliating, angry... words just don't describe the feelings. I used this company quite a lot... but no more. This also happened about 7-8 years ago. Who would have thought it would happen again.

Original review: July 15, 2022

Absolutely horrible service! Ordered flowers that were specially curated for someone’s funeral on the 1-800 page that they had developed in conjunction with the funeral home etc., to only get a call (after the order had been confirmed) the very next morning (today) at 6:30 AM saying that the order cannot be fulfilled. What? They tell me that they cannot deliver because there’s no floral shop in that area. Again, what? In the specific curated page for this particular individual, they had the pre-populated ZIP Code with the selections for that ZIP Code so their explanation is absolutely absurd and ridiculous, and frankly unacceptable! How can you tell me the day that they’re supposed to be delivered for condolences that it’s going to be delivered from the farm or another florist the following Thursday. Again, what?

How dare you bait and switch. And the only way that these recipients can receive any sort of arrangement today as confirmed already from the company is getting it via FedEx in a box - really??? Not to mention a cheaper version of what I originally selected and absolutely no mention of a revised total or some sort of refund for the inconvenience and the bait and switch. Absolutely fraudulent, ridiculous, unprofessional and inappropriate and I will NEVER use them again!

Original review: July 12, 2022

Ordered flowers for my mother in Tennessee. They had a birthday cake made from flowers I ordered that. They called the next day and said we cannot do the cake would you like something else, so I agreed on a dog made from flowers, my mom sent a picture and said thanks for the flowers! It was a regular cheap bouquet of flowers! 2 roses and daisy! I paid over $65. They would not refund my money told me they could give me a $20 gift card. Talked to friends and they had the same issue!! They sell you 1 thing and send something else! Then they said, "Well the flowers were excepted (by someone who has no idea what was ordered!)." Stay away!!!!

Original review: July 12, 2022

Ordered a huge Birthday flower arrangement for my friend. The system defaulted to the next day for delivery although I put in this Friday, to the tune of $130.00. Once I received the email that it was confirmed, I checked the delivery date and it was incorrect. I called immediately and was told that it was already in their system and could not be changed. So sorry. Never using these folks again. Ever Ever Ever. USE LOCAL FLORISTS - They understand customer service.

Original review: July 9, 2022

My goddaughter went out of my her way to send me some flowers for my birthday that was on July 5th, flowers arrived rotten, smelling so bad, that I put it right into the trash! Very disappointing! I do not recommend this company!

Original review: July 5, 2022

I have to say, you are better off getting flowers at Trader Joe's, Vons or even Ralphs, the roses were dying before they arrived and they were not even placed nicely into the base. Rude non-sense non existing customer service.

Original review: June 27, 2022

I have ordered Shari's Berries several times in the past and they never arrived on time and were kept overnight at the shipping facility. The last experience was the worst! The berries arrived molded.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I ordered a plant basket for a family wake. They said it was delivered at 5:55pm. (Wake was 2-5 and 7-9). I went at 7-9 and did not see it there. They provide a beautiful picture on the website. There was nothing like it anywhere. So disappointed.

1-800-Flowers.com Company Information