1.40/5

2194 1-800-Flowers.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 7, 2018

They have no idea and no customer service. Can't get an answer to simple questions. You will be placed on hold and then told they will call you back. They won't call back. What a frustrating way to try to send flowers. Find another way.

Original review: July 6, 2018

They did NOT deliver as they have promised. On their website, it states "Trust us to help you express your condolences, giving comfort and support." Do NOT TRUST them. The lady on the phone took my order, promised me that it will be there on time for the funeral at 11 AM. Guess what, I received a call later in the day that my flowers never made it! I will not be purchasing from them again.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I called and placed an order for a dozen red roses at 10 am. Paid premium to have sent same day as a proposal to my girlfriend at her work. Order accepted and same day delivery confirmed. Called me back at 2:30 pm to tell me couldn't be done and they would deliver them tomorrow because the florist did not have a red vase. I said the delivery for my proposal is what matters not colour of the vase and questioned, "Why take my order if you couldn't do it. Let me buy from another business that could not tell me 4 and half hrs later you can't then expect me to be happy with delivery tomorrow when my girlfriend who is a nurse is not at work." Worst customer service ever. I will never buy a single product here again and will recommend all others avoid it the plague. Provide the service you promise or don't take the money and let people shop elsewhere instead of being greedy and offering flimsy excuses. I only wish there was a negative selection.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Same experience as others. False advertising and can never deliver on time. With all the previous one star reviews it was very stupid of me giving this company a chance. Ruined a surprise for my wife and her birthday.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I ordered flowers online (easy, I thought) until the receipt came back with a problem: the order was to be delivered in a month, not the same day. The website said to "click here" to change order. I did, was informed my order could not be changed online (even though the delivery date was a month out). So I called, waited 5 minutes to get through to a live person, who listened and then said they couldn't hear me, and hung up. I called back, got another rep who wanted to spend 15 minutes telling me it was probably my fault; websites could be "so confusing". I kept repeating "don't talk anymore: just cancel the order and refund." (Enough already) Asked repeatedly for a supervisor. 90 minutes later got one; same questions! He FINALLY did as I asked and just canceled the order. Thank goodness. Too much of a hassle to go through when there's a problem with the order. Should be simpler.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1-800-Flowers.com?

Original review: June 21, 2018

The first time I ordered from 1-800-Flowers.com was for a sick co-worker. They never received the flowers that were ordered so I had to contact them again to verify and they sent the flowers the following day. I told myself this could have been a one time issue. I decided to order again for my sister's 50th birthday. That first big milestone birthday that everyone celebrates.

I ordered a fruit bouquet, balloon and some chocolate covered cherries for same day delivery. I received my order confirmation and nothing else. I emailed customer service to ask if there were any issues and if I should use another company and of course, never received a response. Well let's just say, the order was not delivered and I was not notified that there was an issue.

The following morning, I called customer service and was informed that they didn't have a florist in the area that could deliver the order. WHY is that not something that could not have been shared with me the same day. They did tell me that they could get it delivered from their company via FedEx but of course that wouldn't be for a couple days. UUUHHHH NO! The birthday has already passed. So I cancel the order.

Why do you tell me that you will cancel the order for the full amount (I would hope so) and you'll give me a $20 savings pass for my next order? THERE WILL BE NO NEXT ORDER. I've given them multiple opportunities to get it right and they have not done that once! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Well, looks like I should've done my research before ordering from this company. As you can see from the attached pictures, the flowers delivered were not even close to what I ordered. The only pros I can think of for this company compared to the other reviews, and why they got two stars instead of one, is that the flowers weren't dead and arrived on the day I asked. Victory, I guess?

Original review: June 18, 2018

I requested a delivery for my dad for Father’s Day on 6/15/18. This was to be delivered on 6/16/18... I called my dad on Father’s Day 6/17/18 at 2 pm... They never delivered the flowers!!! I called 1-800-Flowers... After speaking with 4 different agents who kept putting me on hold for 10-20 minutes at a time and then dropping my calls... I finally requested a supervisor who told me that they could deliver tomorrow for free... Are you kidding me!!! Father’s Day is over!!!

Then she said that one of the agents wrote down that I accepted this!!! I NEVER APPROVED THIS! She finally said she would refund me in full... $54 dollars. I told her the total was $57.97... She said she needs approval from her supervisors... She promised by end of business today this would be resolved... She never called back! I called PayPal and my account was charged $57.97... The same amount as invoice. I am now on the phone with... Yet another agent. I was told even if I receive the refund it won’t show up for 30 business days!!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I ordered flowers for my daughter's birthday. I paid an extra fee for same day delivery. I placed the order the night before so the florist could assemble and deliver first thing. Delivery was attempted at lunch time when the whole office was out to lunch and then a call was made to my daughter's cell phone. She does not answer her cell unless she recognizes the number. The delivery person did not leave a message. Flowers were delivered LATE the next day. Emailed customer service. Got back a standard reply. I wanted names of supervisors - got back a form letter from the owner saying sorry. This company does not honor their 100% guarantee and could care less about their customers.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I received an email that my flowers were being shipped, meanwhile I NEVER ORDERED any flowers! I didn’t see a charge on my account but was confused as to how an order could be shipped without a charge and assumed I would be getting charged very shortly. So I called the company to make sure they would not charge me and explained I did not order these flowers and the rep told me she would have someone in the florist shop call me to rectify the situation. The rep never called and 2 days later the flowers were delivered to the recipient and I received an email confirming they were delivered. So I called back and told them I was never called by the florist and ask them why this was happening. They said they could not tell me but would have someone from the florist office contact me.

When I told her I had already been told that 2 days ago, she told me there was nothing she could do but message the florist and I should wait until they contacted me. When I asked a phone number where I could call them at, she told me they don’t have a phone number. I asked if there was any other way I could contact them without having to wait so I could rectify this situation immediately, I was told there was absolutely no way for me to contact them and that I had to wait to be contacted. So I asked to speak to her supervisor who then proceeded to tell me the same thing.

So I asked who was over her in the chain of command because I absolutely was not going to wait for my card to be charged for these flowers I never ordered. She said she was the boss. I said, "There’s no one above you?" And she said, “I am the boss”. She kept repeating it. So I asked her if she was the owner of 1-800-Flowers and she just kept saying, “I am the boss”. Like what kind of response is that?!

My card is about to be charged almost $100 and there’s nothing I can do and you’re telling me there’s absolutely no way to fix this immediately?! That’s crazy!! And she just kept saying she was sorry, but obviously you’re not. There has to be someone with a phone in the florist office otherwise they wouldn’t be calling me from it!!! Honestly I WILL ABSOLUTELY NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!! Garbage customer service! Horrible communication! Zero concern for their customers! Wish I could give 0 stars. They’re not worth 1 star.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I will never use them again. I ordered a large bouquet to be delivered to the hospital for my aunt. The bouquet was not like the phone and had a lot less flowers in the one they delivered. I tried calling and then using the “chat” feature. I was told if they deliver a new bouquet then the florist will ask for the old one. Oh my gosh what the heck. So I said, "Forget it." and will never order from them again. And not that it matters, but I just found my family after 48 years recently and this is not how I want her to remember her post-surgery.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I received flowers for Mother’s Day that died in 3 days. Supposed to be guaranteed for 7 days. Was on phone with customer service with a rep who could barely speak or understand English. He was in Manila. After an hour he chose a plant as a replacement. Was supposed to process one for my mother in law as well who had same experience of flowers dying after 3 days. She never received hers and I received a little plant with delicate leaves that were crushed by styrofoam beads being smothered on top of it. Branches were broken and leaves broken off. (Small bonsai azalea plant) Very delicate. When I called back to report this and asked for plant to be picked up they said they would give me and my mother in law a credit for $40-60 dollars and gave me a reference number for both.

When I called back today and gave the reference number, there was no credit and was told they don’t issue credit to the recipient. Even though that was what I was told on the previous call. Each call was over an hour with constantly being put on hold. I asked supervisor to pull last call and see exactly what was said. Let’s see if I ever get a call back on this! I highly doubt it! They are a scam, they have no idea what they are doing! Totally frustrating experience. I have dealt with ProFlowers before and what a difference! If you want poor quality flowers, frustration and a waste of time make sure to deal with 1-800-Flowers! They don’t care about their customers.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Flowers came with 2/3 of the branches broken. I called into customer service because I want to give them information and a chance to deliver better quality products and was told there is nothing they can do. The rep keeps saying that she is following policy... Odd that their policy is to sell broken bouquets.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I purchased flowers for my daughter on Mother's day. I will let the photos do most of the talking. When writing to the company, I was given a $20 credit (keep in mind the delivery charge eats most of that up) and when I gracefully declined because I wouldn't use it, someone else offered me one. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, not even someone I didn't like.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I was shopping for flowers for Mother's Day. Found a lovely arrangement priced at $49. Unfortunately the website won't give you a total amount due until you enter all the delivery information including your credit card info. At that point most sites give you a prompt with the total amount due, the delivery date and asking if you want to confirm the order. Instead it said thank you for your order. The amount due was over $80 and delivery was scheduled for the day AFTER Mother's Day. I decided to cancel since I was merely checking my options and did not intend to actually place the order. I was told by customer service that the order was noncancellable. I explained the situation and was told there was nothing they could do.

I asked to speak with a supervisor and was placed on hold for over 45 minutes then the call dropped. I called back and while on hold received a call from customer service. They had left a message giving a name and number of someone who was trying to assist me. I called back asking to speak with this person and was told they did not have a direct extension and since my account was being worked on by someone else the person I was speaking with could not assist me. I was told the rep who was handling my account would call me in the next 24 hours. No one called me back.

When my mother had not received any delivery at the end of the scheduled day I assumed it had been resolved. Two days after Mother's Day, my mother called to thank me for the flowers and sent a picture of the flowers. It was nothing even close to what I had ordered and two days late. Also the blooms were wide open and would only last a couple of days. Over $80 for the wrong arrangement, that the blooms are already about dead and two days late. I have ordered flowers online many times and this is the worst experience I have ever had. Actually, it's the worst experience I have had with any online order ever! I will NEVER use this company again.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I ordered flowers for my sister's birthday and Mother's day on April 30, 2018 for delivery on May 10, 2018. I tried to call 1-800-Flowers all night on May 10 and all day on May 11 to find out where the flowers were. Not only did no one answer the phone but after 4 hours of being on hold I was disconnected. I tried 10 times on the "let's chat" online. No one responded. On May 15, 2018, I relayed this information to the customer service person on 1-800-Flowers and she said they were delivered... I told her the wrong day. They were late. After arguing that they were not responsible...I asked who is. She said I can call FedEx. "Why would I do that. I did not hire them. You did" I said. She said she would refund the money. BUT I received my credit card bill and it was invoiced. Mary, at 1-800-Flowers lied.

In calling, again on June 2, 2018...not only was I told they would not refund the money but there was no evidence of me calling at all on May 15, 2018. "They were delivered and I could call FedEx." In escalating this to "Margie" (no last name or extension). She just stuck with policy. I asked her so if I asked 1-800-Flowers to send a funeral arrangement and they were late what would happen?? She said nothing. It's so nice to know that 1-800-Flowers does not care about their customers, they don't even admit when they are wrong. No wonder James McCann (Chairman) Chris McCann (CEO) got to be so rich. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF INSTILLING THIS IN YOUR EMPLOYEES. Hope everyone calls ProFlowers when you passed away.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I placed an order for my Mom's Memorial Service. This was in April of 2018. I called on the Monday prior to her memorial service that was on Saturday. I told them I needed the flowers delivered to the Church by that Friday afternoon, the day before the memorial service, no later than 4:30 p.m. I was told by the customer service representative, that was fine. The time came and my Father spoke to his church and they said the flowers weren't delivered, that it would need to be the day of the service. The next day, we arrived at the church, No flowers. I called prior to the service starting, and while I was on the phone, upset over my Mom's passing away, I handed the phone to my husband to take care of the problem. Finally the flowers arrived. No one that we talked to, seemed like they cared what had happened. I will never use this company again.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My flowers arrived wilted. Looking old. I won’t buy from this site again. Very disappointed for the money I was charged. They should be ashamed of the quality.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My experience with 1-800-Flowers has been spotty, at best. Half the time, what you order isn’t exactly what the recipient gets. One Thanksgiving, I reordered a table arrangement that was depicted with two candles; it arrived with one candle in it. The so-called “discount coupons” aren’t much of a bargain, due to unjustifiably high delivery and service charges that often cancel out the “savings”.

Years ago, my husband and I ordered a bouquet for a memorial service; all the peonies in it were wilted! How embarrassing! They would not give me a refund, but only offered to send out a substitute bouquet to the widow’s house. By then, the memorial was over. I once got a coupon from them for a “free order” — to compensate me for an order they previously goofed up — that no local florist would honor, so neither would they. So they tacked on an extra “surprise” fee to make up the difference. When I asked for a refund for the order they goofed up, they still wouldn’t honor their original offer of a free bouquet, nor would they give me a refund.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I ordered flowers for Mother's Day on the Monday before Mother's Day and I got an email stating they were on the truck Tuesday for delivery on Thursday. When they arrived they were half dead and there was hardly any flowers on the plant. I write to 1-800-Flowers.com and received 2 emails with 15% off coupons. If I wasn't satisfied the first time, what makes them think I would make another purchase. I called them and was told they were resending her plant, and to watch my email for confirmation. Which neither one happened. I will never purchase from this company again. I am very unhappy, was lied to and my mother did not get a nice flower arrangement. In fact by the 2nd day it was entirely dead. I am attaching a picture of what she got.

Original review: May 30, 2018

When the flowers were received they were not what was pictured. The candy and cookie baskets were great though and they were much better than expected. They had a great variety in them as well.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Purchased a dozen roses for a lady on Valentine's and honestly I could have done better, both aesthetically and financially if I would have purchased them from the grocery store down the road.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I ordered flowers for Mother's Day, and they have not been delivered. After following up with every avenue they have for customer service (calling, emailing, contact form on their site), I have heard nothing from them. It's impossible to speak with a representative. I was put on hold for 15 minutes and then asked to leave a message. Do not order from this company, period.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Delivered to the wrong place at bedtime after the special day was over and the wrong flowers came. Not even half of the flowers... This is not the first time that my order was messed up.

Original review: May 28, 2018

What was received was not what I paid for, it was subpar, not even close to the picture, late for delivery and a refund had to be required due to the fact delivery was late.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Reuse this service. So happy with them. When I personally received a bad group of flowers, they were replace without question. Never had a complaint from anyone I ordered for.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I ordered flowers for Mother's Day (May 13) well in advance of that date, to be delivered the Friday before. About a week prior, I get a call saying that (with no explanation) the flowers could not be delivered that day and I would have to choose a different day. After responding to the call and suggesting a different delivery date, I expected that everything was fine. Until Mother's Day comes around and I have gotten no confirmation that flowers were shipped or delivered, which prompted me to contact customer service to find out what the situation was.

They informed me not to worry, the flowers would be delivered on... wait for it... May 22. That's a full NINE days AFTER Mother's Day and ELEVEN days after the original delivery date! The flowers were indeed delivered on that date in fine condition, but I was very unhappy with the experience. Apparently the best they could do to make it up to me was offer the same $20 savings credit they offer everyone else... which does me no good because I have precisely ZERO interest in using 1-800-Flowers ever again.

Original review: May 27, 2018

The flowers were delivered on time, they were as described in the website, but the downside is that the flowers died within 3 days; I felt they were not worth the money - for that short of time span - flowers should last a week at least.

Original review: May 27, 2018

My son has been stationed overseas for 5 years and this has been the best company to do deliveries. Very happy with them. Have told friends and families about this company.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I attempted to send a basket of assorted chocolates from Simply Chocolates, a division of 1-800-Flowers to my chocolate loving father for his birthday. As it was his 91st birthday, I was hoping to send him something nice! The package did not arrive! I waited several days before I called. The person that I spoke with told me there was nobody available to help me and to call back in half an hour. I was unable to call back then and called a few days later. Only to be told I’m sorry! The package never left the warehouse. We will send you a $20 discount on your next order! How absurd!

When I said this was not acceptable, and that I would like to speak with a supervisor, I was told to leave my line open and that someone would be calling me back. Have you heard from the supervisor, because I certainly haven’t? Then I received a form letter email that said What can I say? I’m sorry. And it said that I could not reply to that email! There is something seriously flawed with this company! DO NOT EVER, EVER USE 1-800-FLOWERS.COM! I WOULD GIVE THEM ZERO STARS, but this form would not allow for that.

1-800-Flowers.com Company Information