The Bouqs

Compare Flower Delivery

Research top Flower Delivery recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I placed an order with The Bouqs Company last week for a delivery of their "cuteness" bouquet. I placed the order for my parents and Great Aunt. Both orders are the ugliest floral arrangements I have ever seen and paid for. I emailed them Sunday afternoon. They did a send a quick canned response explaining all I had to do was wait 2-3 days for the buds to open. There are no buds. These flowers looked like they were picked from leftovers at the flower mart. 7-11 has better looking bouquets than this. So disappointed. I was hoping to send my parents and Aunt, beautiful Easter arrangements. They got the most pathetic bouquet ever. So not worth $150.00. I will never order anything from "The BOGUS Company".

I saw this company advertised and it looked to be a neat idea- different kinds of flowers from different growers around the world. My first order a few months back arrived on time but looked like they had been run over by a car. They made it right with a credit. When I ordered again using my credit the flowers were on time and beautiful. They lasted nearly a week and my wife enjoyed them. Thinking the first order must have been a fluke, I ordered some for our Anniversary, as a surprise. WELL THE SURPRISE WAS ON ME!!!

They stated they would be delivered on April 14th and April 14th came and went, NO FLOWERS. On their site it said they were still being prepped. I contacted customer service. Their first response was basically, "Sorry we'll look into it," and they mentioned FedEx. The 2nd response was basically they should be delivered any minute (lie). The 3rd was for another store credit. What good is a store credit if the flowers aren't delivered. I have never had flowers just not delivered!! Totally unacceptable. I understand things can happen but if someone has a special occasion get some kind of flowers out to them!!

I've now ordered 3 times from Bouqs.com. First, note that the Farm to Table Bouqs arrive with some work to be done to them. To varying degrees, leaves may need to be trimmed off, thorns cut, and of course stems cut again. Also, the unwrapping of all the protections around them can take time. Note this, because this kind of flower arrival is not for everyone.

Now the positive: All 3 deliveries arrived on time as scheduled. I think we received email notification only for the first one, but am not positive. The bouquet of Lisianthus blooms arrived in good shape according to my friend and the photo I saw of them. Many were still in bud form as described on their website. And indeed, my friend enjoyed watching them open! Bouqs company does honor their Happiness Guarantee and gives a full refund if warranted. Gift cards are included. Their signature tin vase is made in India, unbreakable, reasonably priced and pretty. They have a great concept in supporting farmers and sustainable agriculture!

The Negative: Trouble with roses arriving to New Jersey in good condition. Twice now, we've ordered roses. The first from a CA farm where all 2 dozen arrived partially dead. Then Volcano Large Garden Roses from Ecuador. The Secret Garden Bouquet was wrapped very carefully and also had some gel to help keep the stems hydrated. They arrived in fair condition (photo of this bouquet below). Hopefully, they will perk up after being in water for a day or two. They are hard to get in touch with. If you pay via PayPal, there will be a phone number on your PayPal receipt. Otherwise, you are left to corresponding by email.

Their website has not worked correctly for at least 3 months now in regards to contacting them. One is not able to sign into their account when filling out their contact form. The delivery person does not always ring the doorbell. There is risk of the flowers sitting outside in the box for longer than they need to if the bell had been rung. Out of the 2 deliveries to ourselves, the bell was rung the first time, but not the second.

I recommend Bouqs with reservation. Consider the distance the flowers are traveling and the type of flower, as well as if your recipient is up to arranging the flowers her/himself. Be prepared that you might need to request the Happiness Guarantee refund. You have only 3 days to do so. Also, note the gift card is often hard to see. It is in a brown paper envelope the same color as the inside of the cardboard box. You may have to tell your recipient to look under the flowers.

Paid extra for next-day flowers to be delivered to my friend in the hospital. They ended up moving him to ICU, unbeknownst to me, they cannot accept flowers there. Reminder: PAID EXTRA FOR A LESSER BOUQUET THINKING IT SHOULD BE THERE THE NEXT DAY. Received a notice that said it was delivered.

It was odd, because he didn't tell me all day "I got your flowers" - this is a guy who was texting right after open heart surgery. This is not a guy who would let flowers go unnoticed...

The next day I asked if he received it, he said nothing had come, but he wasn't able to get anything in ICU. I emailed Bouqs to ask WTF, they said the florist told them they were unable to deliver. So why... did my email say it was delivered?!?!?! So I could have gotten the cheaper, better looking florals because it was already days later. Nonetheless, I had them direct the flowers to his house, and they gave me a full store credit.

I was hospitalized and some friends of mine took care of me and my kid, so I wanted to send them the flowers with my credit. I paid $35 extra to have the nice bouquets and the vases added to both orders. They were beautiful arrangements which were scheduled to be delivered yesterday. First one came in, and it was a TRAGEDY. None of the blooms were bloomed or even close, it's just NOTHING like the picture. Oddly, I didn't hear from Recipient 2.

So I contacted BOUQS again!!! AGAIN!!! They gave me a FedEx tracking number. Because FedEx didn't have a suite number they "couldn't deliver it". They updated this at 9:45am. So Bouqs knew all day that the flower address needed to be updated. I received... NOTHING. I had to contact them again!!! I tried to get FedEx to redeliver but it was too late. Every day that passes is a further distant memory. I am really mad. So now... the flowers show NO UPDATE (out for delivery etc) and Bouqs has not offered any kind of compensation, other than a 10% discount on my next order. I will never order them again, so how is that going to benefit me?

I don't expect a refund, but I expect someone updating me or trying to get my flowers delivered. Instead -I'M- doing that. I paid for a flower delivery service. What I got was a box someone threw some ugly stems in with no consideration or care to what the photo looked like, sent through FedEx to my friends and family. Not a floral delivery service.

I had used Bouqs before on two different occasions and while the flowers did arrive, I noticed that there was no confirmation of any kind and I had to personally call the recipients. On the present occasion, the flowers I was forced to order on an expedited basis never arrived for the memorial service on Saturday. My ORIGINAL order simply vanished and, because a day was lost, other flowers, my second choice, were rushed and never arrived. There was no package, no delivery tag with instructions, NOTHING. The flowers are now scheduled to be delivered, according to the FEDEX tracker, on Tuesday, April 4. The flowers will be dead on arrival for a mother who died last week.

I CANNOT BEGIN TO EXPRESS MY DISAPPOINTMENT AND BITTERNESS WITH BOUQS. Not because of the lateness of the delivery, not because the initial order simply vanished. My anger is reserved for the complete and total lack of live customer service which is apparently company policy and unworthy of an enterprise with such lofty aims and reach.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bouqs?

I tried to place an order on their website and it looked like it went through but I never received an order # nor a confirmation email. Then I noticed there was still my order in the cart so I went through the process again because I wasn't sure if it actually went through. Again with no order # and no confirmation email so I contacted customer service and they said they looked at their database and I wasn't charged for those two times and they can either submit my order for me or I'd have to go back on the site to do it. So I told them to go ahead and do it, I needed flowers delivered in 2 days. They submitted it and I contacted them because I never got a confirmation (AGAIN) and they said sorry something went wrong, please submit your order again but we can't deliver it on the day you want (because now that's the next day) it'll have to be for 2 days later. OMG SERIOUSLY!?!

I hopped on another site and ordered flowers last minute and Bouqs had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to buy from them again... NEVER AGAIN!!! Even worse, they told me that I was refunded for the 3 orders that never went through which were $84 each, but that was a couple days ago and I don't even see anything pending on my account. So I'll have to contact them yet again...hope this ends soon!

My daughter received flowers from a friend. They were delivered a day late and then arrived an hour after they said they would deliver them. They were pathetic. Attached is the image. I would not recommend using this flower service.

Terrible flowers and a rip off. Flowers were smaller than my hand, vase was cheap, cost was over 100 bucks but when I asked for a refund they said I could take 10% off my next order. No phone numbers, no person to talk to, all automated. Not happy with this company and seems a huge trend looking at various reviews.

When ordering a Valentine's Day flower arrangement, I did research to find a better company than the ones like 1800Flowers, or FTD as they do not vet the florists they have contacts with. With that I discovered 'The Bouqs' through my Facebook recommend sites, and through articles on Google. I made my Valentines order to surprise my spouse and then I received a text saying "Thank you for the dead flower arrangement. Hope I mean more to you than this dead arrangement." I was horrified that my Valentines had just been ruined by a flower delivery company AGAIN, which seemed to have good reviews (which I now believe are false reviews). I made contact with "The Bouqs" which did not replace the arrangement but only supplied a company credit, not even offering to refund my cash I paid.

Then I decided a few days ago to use up the company credit only because I wanted to send a 'Just Because' arrangement as a surprise to my spouse as it was a very happy day for us. Once, again I was in amazement that NO flower arrangement was made on the Friday between 3:00P to 7:00P. I waited for 4 hours, giving excuses to my spouse as to why we could not leave for dinner and was asked why I was continually checking the door.

Finally that Friday night, I contacted 'The Bouqs' company only through email, as they do not provide customer service contact number(s). I did receive an email back stating the florist their company has the contact through in my area 'Forgot the Order'. He did refund my money finally from the first order placed for Valentines Day, and stated that a flower arrangement delivery would be made on Saturday.

Well, as I am sure you have guessed, Saturday came and went with NO arrangement delivered. Sunday came and went with NO arrangement delivered. Monday... Same repeat, Tuesday... Same repeat. Finally contacted 'The Bouqs' company again expressing my dismay to their customer service. The response I received through email was "Well, I did refund your original payment for the first flower arrangement'. As to date, NO flower arrangement has ever been made and NO compensation for ruining 2 special occasions in which Flower Arrangements were in order, nor the wasted Friday night, 4+ hours of waiting time, and my explanation to my spouse as to how horrible the delivery company I decided to use was. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! Please do not waste your money, time, nor your special persons expectations of having a wonderful special occasion.

I received the Hermosa Gerbera daisy/eucalyptus bouquet as a gift from my daughter. It arrived on the day she told me to expect it. The blooms were the most amazing color and what really impressed me was that by following the care instructions for changing the water the flowers looked as good as new a week later and lasted 12 days!! That is amazing for any cut flower bouquet but especially Gerbera daisies.

I set up a subscription and was mad at myself because I did not read the bad reviews. I am thrilled with my purchase and received the most beautiful Ecuadorian flowers. They smell lovely and the roses are very full. I highly recommend this wonderful company. I sent a bouquet to my friend last week and she was thrilled as well! Thanks to the whole staff at Bouqs.

Last year I set up for my mother to receive flowers on both her birthday and mother's day through Bouqs. Unknowingly, this set up an annual plan for her. Last summer my mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer and when I realized they were sending her birthday flowers I quickly cancelled all future orders as she may not be here but figured the birthday flowers would be nice. That is until she gets a bouquet of white lilies without a card. I cannot imagine her worry as white lilies are generally present at funerals but then an anonymous sender too! What should have been a happy birthday surprise (well not too much of a surprise as my card should have said Happy Birthday from your daughter) turned out to cause much distress to a dying woman. TERRIBLE.

Where to start? I ordered my wife Valentine's Day flowers as my first order through The Bouqs and it arrived a day late. They responded to my customer service request several days after the fact and offered me a credit when I asked for a refund. The flowers last a few days tops. So since I did not get my money back I figured maybe that was a fluke and I would use the credit for flowers for her birthday. They screwed me again!!! The flowers are not going to be delivered on time, customer service is nonexistent and whatever arrangement they have with FedEx who is normally pretty reliable sucks. Do not order from them, I don't care if it is free. You will be disappointed and pissed off.

I purchased the Groupon to get $40 of flowers for $20. The first laughable point is even finding flowers for $40. While the site had a few options that were $40 it's not as black and white as you may believe. The $40 bouquets were very small and only included a few stems but for an extra $15 you could get a normal-sized bouquet which I did because at $35 still seemed like a deal. Then to my surprise it was going to cost an extra $12 for a small, crappy tin can they called a vase. I didn't spring for that option because I was obviously trying to save money by using Groupon and I could buy a much nicer and cheaper vase with the money saved if needed. Still with a total of $35 I was feeling pretty good and went to checkout. This is where things got worse. I set up the delivery date and applied my coupon and checked out only to find that they charged my credit card the full amount of the flowers which was $55.

I had to contact Support who told me they would get that taken care of. They then responded letting me know that they were only refunding $30 of the $40 coupon because there was a mandatory $10 delivery fee when using a coupon. So now my expectations of getting a deal at $35 on flowers was now at $45 on an order that normally costs $55 and includes free shipping when not using a coupon. At this point I was frustrated but didn't let it bother me as I was still saving $10.

Then on Valentine's morning the flowers arrived, in a box, on the ground, outside. These were for my fiancee who had to go retrieve the box and cut it open only to find the flowers strapped down with ZIP ties and half crushed. It looked like someone put the flowers in the box then set something heavy on them which made a straight crease line through half the buds.

Thinking this wouldn't affect the flowers we took them out and arranged them in a vase we had. They started to open the next day and by day 2 had all full blooms. However by day 4 most of the flowers just started turning brown and falling off and before a full 7 days all the flowers were gone. I tried reaching out to The Bouqs Company twice with an email from them stating they would have someone contact me shortly which we are now 2 weeks from Valentine's with no contact of any kind. Very disappointed with The Bouqs Company and disappointed with Groupon for advertising a company like this.

I ordered my mom a bouquet of flowers and what she received looked NOTHING like what I ordered online. I totally understand that local florists need to swap out flowers based on availability but mine was 80% filler flower. There's no excuse for this. The company really wasn't helpful. All they offered was a credit for $15 in my account. I'm never using this again - there's no way to trust you'll get what you paid for and what I received was not even close to $100 worth of flowers. I live in a different city than my mom so I honestly think they thought I wouldn't see this in person and could get away with this. But I was home for the weekend and saw it. Totally disappointing.

Ordered from The Bouqs twice. Both for Valentine's Day in different years. Both times several of the flowers were damaged during packaging and had to be discarded. The undamaged flowers were of good quality. The count was correct but they should include 1 or 2 extra to replace those that are damaged during negligent packaging or be more careful to package flowers so they are not damaged. They also send nearly daily emails until your order arrives and continue to send many of them after you unsubscribe. Multiple "thank you" emails, multiple "package arrived" emails, marketing emails, review requests, etc. Not a single email offered any incentive to offset the annoyance.

I ordered flowers for my wife on Valentine's Day. The order shipped and was held in TN for no explainable reason. I contacted Bouqs twice. They responded the second time and said there was nothing they could do as I had asked for a refund. The package finally arrived almost a week late. The packaging had been damaged, the vase was dented and very cheap metal. The flowers had no source of water and were dead upon arrival. I have never experienced such terrible service nor a company not willing to make right a wrong. Had they even offered to send another as a replacement I would have swallowed my frustration, but they just said there was nothing they could do. I will never use them again and will advise other not to as well.

DO NOT ORDER FROM BOUQS!! EVEN AT A DISCOUNT! I ordered a deluxe Valentine's Day Bouquet for my wife for delivery February 13. The flowers arrived dead. My wife watered them and hoped they would recover. They didn't. She wrote to Bouqs and sent pictures on Feb 13. They responded with a form letter saying that we need to follow care instructions and should send pictures within 3 days of delivery. We wrote again stating that we had sent pictures and attempted to revive dead flowers. We got back another form letter that was same as the first. If you can find their phone number don't bother to call as they won't answer. Lost $60.

I'm only writing my review to WARN someone who might be like me who loves beautiful flowers and just expects to receive their money's worth! Well, that will NOT happen when ordering from Bouqs.com! I was offered a FREE bouquet of flowers from Fandango movies for my receipt of 2 movie tickets for my husband and myself. I ordered the bouquet from a picture that was delivered to my door looking NOTHING like the picture! They didn't even use the same flowers! I chose to pay extra for a vase for the flowers b/c it was going to be delivered on Valentine's Day! When the flowers arrived, I cried!! The bouquet was HORRIBLE!! I was in tears! This was late Tues afternoon. On Wed morning, I began my efforts of trying to get this DISGUSTING BOUQUET OUT! I contacted the customer service line which indicated, "due to high call volume at this time, we are unable to take your call at this time!" NOT A GOOD SIGN, FOLKS!

The operator indicated to leave a message via their website and I would have a response within 24 hrs! NOT!! It was 72 hrs! It took a computer generated response 3 days to get back with, "Thank you for contacting us, someone will be getting back with you momentarily!" The End of this HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE story with BOUQS.COM is this: they offered no refund, no replacement of my shriveled up, withered seven 7, total stems bouquet of weed looking flowers that came in a box that I arranged myself in a tin can that I paid for! The solution that BOUQS.COM provided was $15.00 to be used TOWARDS another bouquet! Are you kidding me! What a joke! BUYER BEWARE! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU LIKE LOSING YOUR MONEY, FRIENDS!

Bouqs wants to give me a credit because the flowers my son ordered for his sister were left "at the front door" of her campus and never received by her. This is 2/3 times that Bouqs has more than missed their mark of quality flowers. You can not reach them by phone and only after 3 emails did they respond 2 days later. I will never again go with Bouqs.

My fiance ordered me two dozen roses with pink red and fuchsia pink on Valentine's Day. He paid $65 and we ended up with 6 roses... He complained and only got store credit. Can you believe these scammers??? He should get fully credited back because we NEVER want to use their service again. They are by far the worst florist scam out there. Your business will be sued for sure. WORST business.

Decided to order flowers for my wife for Valentines. Usually get them at store near house. Have used Bouqs half dozen times with pretty good results. I had ordered them a week before VD with delivery on 14th. The flowers never showed up. No call or message from company. After two emails, they got back to me two days later to say they would credit my bill. No "sorry we will send you some flowers" or credit me with anything. 2 weeks earlier sent flowers to my mother and she complained how terrible they were too. Hadn't had a problem with them before but I've deleted their app and will buy elsewhere. Cannot even find a phone number to call and speak with someone.

I placed an order with The Bouqs flower company a few days prior to Valentine's Day. They had advertised a deal on Groupon that was too good to pass up. That being said - my expectations were set low because of the discount. I placed my order online using my iPhone (which could not be more user friendly). They post pictures of your choice of flowers in 12 (standard), 24 (deluxe) and 36 stems. It's pretty easy to tell what your order will look like by counting the blooms (a previous review stated this was misleading - I don't see how if you can count). I ordered the deluxe "fortified" volcano roses. They arrived on time, well packaged and were breathtaking.

Flowers that were to be delivered for Valentine's Day just didn't arrive. Next day a condescending email saying "Oops! Your order was a little delayed!" You cannot get a hold of a representative by phone. They threw me a bone saying they would give me 20% off next time. I refused delivery the day after Valentine's day and now have had no indication that I have been refunded at all. So much for their ad of little Mom and Pops who care! They blew it, hid behind email correspondence... The whole group are frauds! WHEN YOU CAN'T ADMIT A MISTAKE, YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING IN BUSINESS! Do not put your confidence in this company!

I ordered flowers to be delivered on Valentine's Day. Promised time was 9 to 5. At 6, I sent an email saying I never received them. No reply. At 9 PM I sent one last email saying I never received them. No reply. The next day, the order status said they were delivered. However, they never arrived. Ultimate disappointment and possible fraud.

I ordered a dozen roses for Valentine's Day (2017). When they arrived, one was broken and another one was moldy. By the end of the day TWO flowers were dead. On day two a third flower died. So disappointing. What a waste of money. I contacted Bouqs.com & asked for a partial refund. I was given a $40 in-store credit to buy more flowers instead. Like I'm going to do that! NOT. I would have been happy with a 20% refund.

I ordered two orders: One for my wife, and one for my office. The order for my wife never arrived. The order for my office arrived at the office at 6:00 p.m. the day after! What a ripoff. I am calling my credit card company to reverse the charges. Never... Never... NEVER again will I use Bouqs.

I bought a dozen roses for my wife for Valentine's day from bouqs.com. They showed up via UPS in a box. That's fine I guess, but the flowers were dead. She thanked me for the gesture and then threw them away. Nothing like spending $60 for dead flowers.

I ordered a bouquet from The Bouqs Co. website for Valentine's Day and I received something completely different! The roses were dry, crusty, and falling apart. It looked nothing like the bouquet I ordered. My girlfriend and I were really disappointed. I tried contacting them multiple times through e-mail asking for a total refund with pictures of the horrible bouquet they sent me attached and no response. I also tried calling them multiple times but no answer. Just an automated message stating to contact them by e-mail. After a few days I received 1 message stating that I would get store credit. I replied back telling them I wanted a full refund and not credit because I don't want to buy roses from them. On their website they advertise 100% happiness guaranteed but I am not happy and they don't respond to my e-mails!

I have had 2 horrible experiences with this company. I am extremely upset about the flowers sent to my grandmother for her 102nd birthday!! I ordered 24 red roses to be delivered on 12/10/16 (the day of her birthday) and they arrived, still half not bloomed. The following day, 12/11/16, my grandmother informed me that nearly all the flowers were now wilted or dead!! I requested a full refund on my order. My grandma threw out the flowers only 2 days after receiving them because they were mostly wilted. The flowers were also small. Not what I expected. I sent flowers to my grandma so that she could feel special on her 102nd birthday; instead, all she got were some half wilted flowers. Terrible. I ended up receiving a credit to my account for the amount I paid for the order.

I am beyond disappointed with this company. I first used them to send my grandma flowers for her 102nd birthday back in December. When she received those flowers they were all wilted and they gave me a credit (in the amount that I paid for those flowers) to be used for a future order, as a way to make good on the poor quality of flowers my grandma received for her big birthday. I decided to give them a second chance and use my credit to send my grandma flowers for Valentine's Day. I am disappointed yet AGAIN! My grandmother still has yet to receive her Valentine's Day flowers and it's already the next day (no longer Valentine's Day). I tried to contact customer support a number of times in the last 24 hours and have received no response thus far.

The Bouqs Company Profile