1.99/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Farm-fresh and sustainable blooms right to your recipient's doorstep. Connecting people to beautifully designed floral experiences and the responsible partners that create them.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

853 The Bouqs Company Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 16, 2019

I wish I had read these reviews before ordering from this place. I ordered flowers from them and then found out the person was going to be gone for a week. I tried to find a number and you cannot call them. Only a chat. I had to wait a long time to chat and then all he did was say "orders cannot be cancelled". I was obviously upset and after my comment that I will not deal with them again he said "Thank you for your time and kind understanding"... WHAT???? I am planning on telling everyone I know to not ever deal with this company. And... I haven't even seen the flowers as they will arrive tomorrow. Sounds like there is a good chance they will not be good flowers. One and done with this place. Highway robbery.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I've tried to order from this company several times- each time, the order was screwed up and I had to complain for which they credited my account. Actually using the credits caused more problem-ridden orders. You CAN'T reach anyone by phone- no matter how desperate you are. SAVE YOURSELF A HEADACHE- DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 14, 2019

Roses arrived broken and wilting. Arrived in a brown cardboard box. I should have taken the time and counted the roses in the picture, the description strategically does not mention numbers, I just assumed a "dozen roses", but only 10 are provided. Four (4) days later they're in the trash. I had to offer their pictures before they would consider a refund. When asked if I wanted credit or a refund, I asked for a full refund, so they gave me a refund. Finally got it sorted.

Hi Ken,

We are so sorry that your flowers did not arrive as expected and appreciate you sharing this with us. This is not the level of service that we hold ourselves to and we'll be following up with an email to try and make things right.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 13, 2019

I placed order on February 12th, 2019 to be delivered on February 14th, 2019 and it was never delivered. FedEx tracking # ** still indicates the same thing since February 13th, 2019 Scheduled delivery: Pending. I did email regarding this on February 15th and they told me that it was delayed and would be delivered soon. It is now April 12th, 2019 two months after and the delivery day is still PENDING. I will never place an order with this company again.

Hi Marine,

This experience is certainly unacceptable and we can't apologize enough. We realize that missing a special occasion is more than just the money spent and we will be following up in a private message to try and make things right.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 12, 2019

I would not recommend buying from Bouqs, flowers arrived dead. I opened the box, took out flowers and they fell apart. Worst flowers ever ☹. These were sent to me by my job after I had surgery, not pleased.

Hello Bonnie,

We are so sorry that your flowers did not arrive as expected and appreciate you sharing this with us. This is not the level of service that we hold ourselves. Please know if you are ever unhappy with your Bouq or any aspect of our service, we'd like to hear from you as soon as possible so we can resolve things promptly.

We would like to make up for this incident and as such, one of our team members will be reaching out shortly via email. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

-Quinn @The Bouqs Co.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bouqs Company?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2019

I sent my daughter what I thought would be a beautiful bouquet of Tulips to celebrate the completion of her internship. While the flowers were unexpected and she appreciated them, I was appalled by the picture she sent. I ordered a bright, vibrant bouquet and what we got was a lower quality product than I'd get at our local grocery store. It's basically a bunch of green stems with a few tulips mixed in. I have been back and forth with Customer Service and they are refusing to refund me more than $15. I spent $75 on this. I am furious.

Hi Lauren,

We're so sorry your daughter's flowers did not arrive as expected and appreciate you sending a photo. Our tulip arrangements are cut straight from the farms and will arrive in bud form. This way, your daughter can enjoy the flowers for their entire vase life, which can be up to two weeks. We realize they may seem underwhelming at first, but many of customers are amazed by how they bloom! If your tulips don't open up in the next couple of days, please reach out to us so we can make things right.

Edith @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: April 4, 2019

No stars for this company. My son and daughter in law sent me flowers for my birthday. Both the carnations and roses were all dead and wilted. I am demanding they refund my son's credit card. Tried the live email chat and kept getting disconnected.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Please DO NOT waste your money to purchase flowers on Mothers Day from this company. Last Mothers Day (2018) I ordered a vase of allegedly beautiful tulips for my Mother-in-law from Bouqs. The flowers arrived droopy and never perked up. They got worse by the day. I contacted Bouqs customer service, sent pictures of the poor product, after a day or so they admitted the flowers had arrived in poor condition. They offered me an $89 credit for an $87 order. My MIL is 81, we wanted her to have a truly special floral arrangement, & Bouqs radio ads really hyped their service & products: less money because they cut the middle man, local growers, blah blah blah.

When my MIL received a very disappointing product at what I considered a premium price, Bouqs compensated by delivering flowers similarly priced (I got a $2 credit... wow) after Mother's Day to a very special woman who deserved better. Their product & service did not make my MIL feel special, she was upset by the dying flowers, & Bouqs didn't go above and beyond to correct their sloppy mistake; they offered the bare minimum. I would not recommend Bouqs to anyone ever. They need step up or get out of the game.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Arrived late and not what I had ordered. 2 dozen Roses and only 1 dozen arrived. Wouldn't even give me a partial refund. REALLY. They offered a credit towards my next purchase but I wouldn't waste my time or money again.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Spent almost $100 dollars for a partially dead, very small flower arrangement. Spent about 10 minutes trying to locate a number to call customer service. Once I called, I spoke to three people before I was told to take pictures of the product and send it back via email. Since I sent a flower arrangement to another state, I had to ask the poor recipient to take time to take the photos, attach them to an email and then send to the customer service department. I followed up two hours later and was told nothing came through. I then download the photos and sent again. No response. Followed up Saturday, of course office closed. I really wish my 92 y/o grandmother had living flowers for her Birthday today. But instead, a company has my money and offered yet a way to resolve this. Best part, they knew it was a birthday...and they know they delivered dead flowers. But...who cares.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We received an arrangement from Bouqs and the flowers were dead. We contacted them about this and after numerous they send another arrangement that was worse than the first one. Do not deal with these crooks.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Beautiful flowers arrived from my son and daughter in law via you - lovely! Only one comment - why not add a pretty card with a message from the sender/s in a large, decorative font? - I got a very plain card with the message in tiny hard to read print at the top of a sea of white. Not hard to fix.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I received a double bouquet of Sunflowers as a thank you and they were stunning. I trimmed and placed them in water and have lasted forever. There are so many choices it is hard to decide which “Bouq” I’m going to send to myself… one from the "Fragrant Collection" or maybe I'll have to order the "Delicates".

Original review: March 27, 2019

I decided to share my bouquet by giving several colleagues at work a single rose on the first day of Spring. Everyone was so happy and mentioned how beautiful the roses were and also commented on the high quality. As a result, we will be doing the same every 2 weeks until mid June. Thanks for your phenomenal flowers! :)

Original review: March 27, 2019

The three different bouquets I ordered recently were beautiful, well cared for, arrived at the right time for my expo, and I received many compliments on them. Thank you and all of the farmers for the excellent, high quality flowers that you provide. Some of the greenery in the pictures were bought from a different company.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I had flowers delivered for my grandmother’s 87th birthday. She called me in tears to thank me but also to tell me how sorry SHE was that they arrived completely wilted (unsalvageable) and the vase was broken. When I contacted customer service, they apologized for “the inconvenience”, asked for photos and offered a promotional credit or to send them to her again. When I said I just wanted to be refunded (so I could order flowers from a different company), I was told their policy required photos. Nana doesn’t have a digital camera so I’ve suggested to Bouqs’ legal team that they only guarantee deliveries to homes with digital cameras. New flowers are being sent but won’t arrive until a week from now and they’re not being upgraded or anything. Hopefully they arrive alive. This was not the Standout birthday I had in mind.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my wife for our anniversary. They were not delivered the day AFTER our anniversary which was a complete disaster! The most important thing is that flowers for special occasions get delivered ON TIME. Do they deliver wreaths for funeral services (as offered on their website) or birthday flower arrangements one day later too? They offered me a free delivery next time but there will be no next time with them. I can and surely will not take the risk to use them again. The flowers won't arrive on time probably anyway. I'd rather use a professional company next time.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Bouqs uses FedEx to ship their flowers, FedEx is great and doesn't wreck them. Bouqs though won't update their delivery though to a new address in a town of 3k people. Yes, my fault for not getting the address incorrectly the first time, but in today's age of technology these things can be fixed. FedEx said they could update if the original sender, which is Bouqs, requested it but Bouqs won't. They have this 100% guarantee and won't do ** about it. I'll stick to local companies instead of Bouqs.

Original review: March 20, 2019

DO NOT buy flowers from this company. My boyfriend spent $60 on a bouquet that had a couple of mini roses (all dead), one succulent that was no larger than 2 inches in diameter, and a couple of other cheap flowers in the bouquet. Everything arrived dead. It wouldn't even fit in an extra small vase. The company wouldn't even send replacement flowers to make up for their mistakes. Don't trust them. Just look at the photo proof.

Hi Parisse,

We are so sorry that you had a disappointing experience with your Bouq. The image you provided of the flowers received certainly do not hold up to our standards so we regret any misunderstanding about that. In addition to a refund, we'll be following up to try and make things right.

Resolution response: March 22, 2019

The Bouq Co. responded to my complaint in less than 12 hours (I made my complaint late in the day and had a response by morning). To my surprise they have been very persistent in getting my satisfaction as a customer. They credited me in full immediately even though the arrangement did show up the next day at my daughters office (she had taken the day off). They have also offered to send an additional birthday arrangement to my daughter next week free of charge since the original missed her birthday. Overall I am pleased with their effort to rectify an unsatisfactory situation.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I paid almost $100.00 for this order. It was to be delivered to my daughter by 3pm 03/19 for her birthday. I specifically chose this item due to its availability to be delivered by this date and time. Upon ordering it said "Your Bouq was cut fresh by Farmer Mike and their team! It is coming to you straight from California." Imagine my surprise when I received a notice the next day (the day it is supposed to be delivered) that it has been shipped from Fedex in TN at the time it was supposed to be delivered. As you can imagine at this point I do not anticipate its arrival by 3pm in CA, nor, do I expect it to arrive before she leaves her office at 5pm. She will be taking the day off from work tomorrow so even if it arrives tomorrow the 20th (a day late!) it is rather a moot point.

I have no idea what the arrangement will look like or if it will even resemble the arrangement I purchased online as the tracking still says “at Los Angeles FedEx facility”, and no delivery attempt was even attempted today the 19th. She will not see it tomorrow (if delivery is made) since she took the day off. I am beyond mad, and my daughter has still not received her birthday gift. Thanks for nothing The Bouqs Co.

Hi Luann,

This experience is certainly unacceptable and we can't apologize enough. We realize that missing a special occasion is more than the money spent and so we will be following up in private message to try and make things right.

Edith @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: March 19, 2019

The flower quality provided is absolute trash for the amount they charge for the flowers. I’ve ordered 3 times from them. The first time they were beautiful, the second time half my flowers came destroyed, cut up and already dying and the third time I can’t even explain what I got. Flowers are supposed to make you happy not annoyed first thing in the morning.

Hi Monica,

We are so sorry that to hear that your 2 most recent experiences with us have been disappointing. We appreciate your sharing this with us and providing photos of your current Bouq. The flowers in these pictures certainly do not hold up to our standards of quality and so in addition to a refund for this Bouq, we'd like to follow up with you in a private message to try and make things right.

Edith @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I wanted to change the delivery date for my FABULOUS monthly Bouqs. This is part of a fantastic gift I received for my birthday. The Bouqs representative was very helpful and patient with me. The date was changed and we saved the order. It took a few minutes to explain and to execute, but both of us were working together to make it happen. I loved how the Bouqs associate explained the it and resolved it. Very happy with the flowers that I just received!!!

Original review: March 14, 2019

I bought these roses for my wife on Valentine's Day - and 1 month later they still are awesome - I cannot believe how good they still look. I have bought flowers for my wife from lots of places (online and stores) and never have I seen flowers 1 month later still look so good. We are leaving for vacation tomorrow and she is a little bummed because they still looks so good. I will definitely be ordering some more for when we get back.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I ordered tulips for my friend and spent $70. What arrived looked like a dead bunch of weeds. Customer service - if you can call it that - was useless. Do not waste your money with this company. Absolute garbage.

Hi Karen,

We're so sorry your flowers did not arrive as expected and appreciate you sending a photo. Our tulip arrangements are cut straight from the farms and will arrive in bud form. This way, the recipient can enjoy the flowers for their entire vase life. We realize they might seem underwhelming at first, but many of our customers are amazed by how they bloom! If your tulips have not opened up yet, please reach out to us so we can make things right.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I ordered the Vibrance bouquet to be delivered to my mother for her birthday. The bouquet that she received was not what was ordered. Instead of deluxe sunflower arrangement (30 stems) she received a scattered bunch of flowers that did not even fit the vase. Did they purposely send a subpar bouquet thinking that I would not check in on her delivery! When I complained they offered me 50% off next order. No way am I ordering from this company and giving them any more of my money. After taxes and delivery I paid > $100 and received a very poor quality bouquet. I am super disappointed.

Hi Amanda,

We are so sorry that Vibrance Bouq was not received for your Mother's Birthday. It certainly is not the experience we want our customers to have nor does it reflect the quality of service we pride ourselves on. Please standby while someone from our team reaches out to follow up.

Original review: March 12, 2019

"100% happiness guaranteed!" But only if they determine you have the right to be unhappy, as per the many stipulations in their well-hidden fine print. You know, the ones that run completely to the contrary of all the "Local Artisan florists!" "Fresh, hand-picked, farm to table!" marketing copy that's prominently splashed all around their site.

What else is in that fine print? Claims made more than 3 days later will not be considered. No refunds -- only credits to their site for future orders (don't worry, there won't be any). Don't go by the picture of the item you ordered, because the actual product you receive will be "based on what the farm had available and could be more of other flowers". A successful transaction is defined as one where "it was delivered on time, to the correct address".

On Valentine's Day, these guys literally crammed flowers from MARYLAND (?!) into a cardboard box and Fed-Ex'd it to my wife in NYC. The bouquet was crushed up, wilted and about half the size of what was shown on their site, three roses short, with dull and splotchy color on the roses. The customer service rep I raised my frustration to acted like there was nothing wrong, and took the stance that the company did everything perfectly, even after seeing the picture I sent. He responded quickly via e-mail with lines that were clearly at the ready for copy/pasting -- which makes it pretty obvious they receive a lot of the same complaints over and over.

I thought I was being smart to order flowers in advance for Valentine's Day. But as it turns out, for the same price, I could have gotten a bouquet of fresh flowers, twice the size and quality from my corner store right on the 14th. You're even better off paying a fortune for something like 1-800-FLOWERS. Anything but "The Bouqs".

Original review: March 12, 2019

I had a very disappointing Valentines Day experience with the Bouqs. However, they knocked it out of the park with the next order of lilies for my wife. They were fresh and bloomed very well and lasted for over a week. I will be using you guys again for future flower purchases. I have told friends as well. Thanks.

Hi Andrew,

We're so sorry to hear that you were disappointed this Valentine's Day, but we appreciate you giving us another opportunity to make it right. We're so glad that your wife enjoyed her Lilly Bouq! We look forward to making you both smile with future Bouqs. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I had a lot of help from the customer service team regarding a change in a delivery date. Bouqs was able to find another flower arrangement for me that could be delivered just in time. The representative assured me that we could get something sent quicker than the original delivery date and he kept his cool under pressure to make it right for me! It was a lovely bouquet for a birthday surprise. Thanks!

Hi Angie,

Yay! So glad to hear that our Customer Support Team was able to help with your birthday surprise. We hope to continue to make you smile with future Bouqs. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I bought flowers for my wife on Valentine's Day, and they arrive sagging and wilted. When I reached out to customer service, they provided instructions on how to nurse them back to health, and asked that I send new photos in 3 days. Perhaps next time they could just skip the whole step and send me some seeds so I can grow the flowers myself. Long story short, they doubled down on telling me how to care for flowers, accepted no blame or responsibility, and then refused to give me a refund, only store credit.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I have ordered from Bouqs on many occasions now. All my orders have been beautiful and lasted a long time. My last experience however was not the quality I was used to and the flowers never bloomed and wilted really quickly. I contacted customer service and they made things right. Very pleased with the company and their service. Just ordered some more flowers so cross my fingers that these ones turn out beautiful like all previous orders.

Hi Russ,

We are so sorry to hear that your last Bouq didn't arrive as expected, but glad that the Customer Support Team was able to make it right for you. Thank you giving us another opportunity to wow you with your upcoming Bouq. Thank you for your honest feedback!

The Bouqs Company expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Bouqs Company is an on-trend floral delivery service that offers gorgeous flowers delivered directly from eco-friendly farms around the world to your door. Bouquets range from $50 to $90 and you can also opt for a subscription delivery service to keep the flowers coming at a reduced price.

• Bouquet variety: Bouqs has lots of great options no matter what the occasion. Choose from classics like roses, tulips or lillies to more exotic and unusual choices like brisbane, orchids or succulents. You can opt for a single-variety bouquet or a blended bouquet.

• Eco-conscious: Bouqs sources its flowers from environmentally friendly, sustainable farms around the world. As you shop, you can see a photo of the farmer responsible for a particular bouquet and information about where they’re located (most are in California and South America). The farmers cut and ship the flowers as they are ordered, which reduces waste.

• Happiness Guarantee: The Bouqs Co. promises to stand by their products. If you’re not happy with your flowers or delivery experience, you can contact them and they guarantee they will make it right.

• Pricing: Most bouquet options come in three sizes: Original, Deluxe and Grand. Prices range from around $50 to $90 and many bouquets also come with free delivery. You can add on a vase for about $12.

• Subscription options: Want fresh flowers on a regular schedule? You can sign up for floral delivery on your own schedule: Choose once a week, twice a month or monthly delivery. You’ll also save 20 percent and enjoy free shipping if you subscribe.

• Best for: people who want an eco-friendly floral delivery and those interested in subscription floral delivery.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs