2.07/5
  • 1 star
Based on 157 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

The Bouqs

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

177 The Bouqs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I love these guys! I know it's not for everyone but the amount of flowers, and the freshness is simply unparalleled. Especially for the price of $32 out the door. Some folks won't love the DIY nature of it but for me it's fun and interesting. I also love the mission of sustainability. Love The Bouqs!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

My flowers were delivered promptly and were nicely packaged. They lasted almost 3 weeks. Unusual for roses. I will recommend and will use again. They were beautiful! I am letting this be known because I was extremely pleased at the length of time they lived. This is a good reputable flower business.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

The company has so many issues. Where to begin... First, make sure to check your credit card often. I was once charged 30+ times at once for flowers they never sent. The subscription service never works but they will still charge you. Not a month goes by where they don't mess something up and the employees don't have a clue. Look elsewhere unless you love unnecessary stress.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I used Bouqs for the first time and I'm super impressed with the process, the quality and the followup. I ordered three dozen tulips and they are long-lasting, the recipient reports. She followed their care instructions precisely and they are the gift that keeps on giving. (You usually don't hear that about live flowers!) The colors are brilliant. I have struggled for a long time with friends and family in small towns void of a florist or a good florist. I've used online resources but this is a unique company with a unique approach.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have order floral arrangements through Bouqs many times now. Each has arrived promptly, as promised. The arrangements have been met with awe by those receiving them, because they are not your every day arrangement. They are different, lush and expensive looking, though the prices are very reasonable. I appreciate knowing and learning about the growers of the flowers, as well as where they are grown. That tends to take the "they are stored in a refrigerator" feel you get when ordering ordinary arrangements. I highly recommend Bouqs flowers to anyone looking to give that special someone something special.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bouqs?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

The Bouqs Co. is hands down the best flower delivery service available. Their flowers are the freshest you will find and they truly last. I have ordered them 3 times now (different bouquets) and my grandmother has told me and sent me pictures of these beautiful blooms that last over a week! There is such satisfaction that now I only order from The Bouqs.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have purchased four bouquets to date. The flowers arrive very fresh and sometimes as buds which means they last a long time. The variety of flowers and designs is better than average. One of my orders was damaged in shipping and customer service promptly honored the happiness guarantee. All this and I love the sustainable farm to table focus. Highly recommend.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Ordered flowers for my 86 year old Mother for Christmas. Upon visiting, I learned that the flowers arrived in very poor condition. I contacted customer support. They would not offer any help without a photo. (Of course, I had left my mother's house, and I live 13 hours away, so I cannot get a photo of the poor condition of the flowers.) I did not feel this was a reasonable request, and I felt that it was very poor customer support.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

In spite of the company’s promise, they do not deliver as they claim. I placed an order on 12/20 for flowers for my parent’s NYE anniversary party and requested delivery for 12/29. I received a shipping notification on 12/26 that the flowers were shipped so I expected that the flowers were going to be received in a couple of days and I would get a call from my mother. I didn’t hear from her and began to wonder so I went to the shipping confirmation and found that the flowers are still about 180 miles from the destination and won’t be delivered until 1/3. That’s too late for the party and is after their anniversary so the eventual arrival of the flowers will be anticlimactic. But this company got its money, right?

I sent an email to the company and received a response from Robert ** who told me the flowers were en route and would be delivered on 1/3, which is within 5 days of the requested delivery date. He did not respond to my concerns, mainly that the flowers did not arrive in time for the special event. I will not order from this company again. They apparently don’t realize that anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, funerals, etc. have specific dates and a five day window is not acceptable. This five day delivery window is not disclosed on the website and clearly designed to deceive because if someone was ordering flowers for a specific time and knew that the company only guarantees delivery within five days after the requested date, it would influence the buying decision - most people would go somewhere else if delivery date is critical.

One would also expect that fresh flowers would be shipped using overnight or two day delivery but the FedEx records show that the flowers were received in Miami customs the. On to Memphis, TN. That is to be expected because all FedEx goes to Memphis but then instead of being shipped to a large FedEx distribution center in TX, the flowers took a ride to Oxnard and Burbank, CA then were shipped halfway back across the country where they are sitting over the New Year's holiday until tomorrow when they will be placed on a truck to travel the last 180 miles for delivery on Wednesday.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I ordered an expensive bouquet for my Aunt as a final Christmas present - she's dying and this is her last Christmas. Bouqs marked it for delivery without a signature required, and the delivery man didn't knock or ring the doorbell. My Aunt was home all day and didn't know they were just left on the porch in 12 degree weather. The flowers froze. When I emailed the company (they have no way to just call them) I got a snarky email that I could try some of the trucks in "this video" to perk up my flowers - with a link attached. The link didn't work. They offered that if those tricks didn't work, I could send them a picture of the flowers. I'm not going to ask my Aunt to pull the flowers out of the trash and send me a picture. She was so devastated.

Flowers are fragile and these were expensive. If I'm going to pay for flowers and shipping, they should be responsible enough to ask for a signature so it's clear that flowers being delivered actually make it inside a house. They also screwed up billing once, on another bouquet - and charged me three times for an order that didn't go through. I will never use this company again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I purchased a full year of deliveries to be received monthly. They lost my subscription towards the end of the year and didn't send flowers for three months. I tried to cancel and they said I had two deliveries left at the value of $70. So, I thought ok, what's two more deliveries? Problem is I have to wait two more months to receive. They are keeping my $70 because I canceled and they don't give refunds.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Bouqs company prides themselves on satisfying their customers 100% or they will do everything in their power to make you happy. Unfortunately, this is absolutely not true. I sent flowers to my grandmother for Christmas. When the item's package was delivered, it was left on her porch. It was 20 degrees out and the flowers completely froze. I paid an additional $10 for Saturday delivery as well. She couldn't revive them and threw them away. She was so upset and disappointed that she called to let me know. I contacted Bouqs' customer service. Since this was during the Christmas holiday, no one got back to me for several days.

I received a reply from the company requesting pictures. My grandmother is 88 years old and does not have a smart phone. I live 1,000 miles away. There was no way I could provide pictures, plus, she wasn't going to keep thawed out, destroyed flowers for a week. Bouqs refused to correct the issue without pictures. This should be stated on the website in BIG, BOLD letters letting customers know, that the only way Bouqs will provide '100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEED' is if you have pictures of the dead flowers.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I ordered flowers for my fiance on December 16th to be delivered today December 22nd. Not only did we NOT receive them on the date I ordered them, I never received a confirmation email or anything. I checked my account, I was charged for the purchase the same day I placed the order, called the company directly gave them my full name, email, phone number, everything I needed when I placed the order even gave the recipient's name and somehow my order was nowhere to be found. Yet, I was charged on my card for the order. I had to dispute the charge because I never received the order. Very disappointed with this. BEWARE.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

My sister was in a terrible accident right before the holidays and we chose a bouquet called SNOWFLAKE, she photo from website below and what we actually received. The roses that were delivered did not have the red or green flowers that they showed on the website, except for about 3 strands. I contacted customer service and their response was that they are buds... Will white roses turn into green and red plants???? I would like my sister to receive another bouquet that matches what was on the website.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I have been through a nightmare with this appalling company. After several emails offering a "mystery" discount up to 25% I ordered flowers to be delivered on the Saturday before Christmas (December 23). The discount was only 15% and I then had to pay an extra $10.00 for Saturday delivery (the first delivery day before Christmas). I never received a confirmation email but I was charged $75.16. Then three days later, on the way to the airport, I received an e-mail saying that my purchase was incomplete, even though I had already been charged three days earlier. Then began the necessity to send a dozen - emails or more to get any response. Five days later they FINALLY authorized a refund but left me with no flowers for Christmas and a staggering amount of wasted time. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

The Bouqs have really been great. They've responded fast to questions and concerns that I've had. Been helpful and made me feel like a great customer. Bouqs delivery provides tracking information online so I don't need to wonder whether my flowers arrived. I can check the status of my bouquet as it travels towards my intended recipient. They are amazing.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I love Bouqs. I have ordered from them three times and every time the delivery has been prompt. I have gotten wonderful feedback including the recipients stating that they are the most beautiful flowers they have ever received. I like that I can see and get to the know the farmer where the flowers are coming from and I like how unique their flowers are. Great company!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I've used The Bouqs Company for two years now and been very satisfied. They always deliver when they say they will and the flowers are always fresh cut, so they smell wonderful! All my recipients have raved about their gifts!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I am so, so thrilled with my flowers! They arrived exactly when they said they would, they were packaged perfectly and in absolutely excellent condition. They are the exact flowers and greens I saw in the website picture, but even more beautiful than I imagined. The cost and quality are an outstanding value. Speaking of values, the company works with farmers that practice sustainable eco-friendly farming. Check them out, bouqs.com

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I placed an order two days before my mother's birthday for delivery 9AM-1PM. The delivery window came and went and no delivery. I submitted a "Contact Us" message on the website, emailed the help@bouqs.com, and tried calling multiple numbers before I finally reached an agent I could barely understand. She refused to disclose the local florist contact information and when she contacted them, she relayed the message that the flowers will be delivered "by the end of the day." Why did I pick a delivery time slot if it wasn't going to be honored?! The agent did nothing to keep the business and I demanded a refund. I was so excited about this acclaimed company and was incredibly disappointment. Just stick with the long-lasting brands - or deliver the flowers yourself like I'm about to do.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I will always purchase flowers for all occasions from The Bouqs. Every promise made online was honored and the price fit well into my budget. Last but not least the flowers are of such quality even I am amazed. Almost one week later the arrangement is still beautiful with buds adorning the 'bouq' and the blooms are outstanding. I am impressed with the beauty and size of the 'bouq' as well.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

The problem with this company is that the appearance is not consistent. I thought that by ordering fresh cut CA grown flowers for delivery in CA that they would be really fresh. I chose flowers from CA growers and the primary draw that justified the extra price for this company was the local nature and eco-friendly practices. The problem is that they don't put anything in with the flowers to keep them hydrated. So they ship them out in a box with no water in the afternoon for arrival the next day.

The first order I sent arrived droopy, but perked up in water, so I thought it was ok. For the second order I sent, about half of the flowers in the bouquet arrived droopy or wilting and did not perk up in water. I contacted the company and sent a picture and the company offered me a gift card, but I can't really use it because I don't want to send droopy flowers to anyone. When I send flowers to someone, initial appearance on arrival is kinda critical. Love the idea behind Bouqs but its implementation is faulty - I don't see how a company can expect to have flowers out of water for 16-24 hours and still expect them to arrive fresh.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I signed up for the one year delivery, prepaid, that should average a $ 55.00 arrangement each month, the first month was spectacular, very pleased. However, the second month the delivery I received was the equivalent of what I could purchase at Wal-Mart for $15.00! I have signed up and prepaid for a year's worth of expensive flowers, I seriously hope that I will receive better value in the future shipments! Buyer beware of signing up of a year of unknown quality/value.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I sent a deluxe bouquet to a friend for Thanksgiving for $75 and it arrived with a skimpy $5 worth of flowers. I was mortified and embarrassed. The Bouqs offered me first a $20 credit then a $55 credit which I refused since I plan NEVER to use their services again. I only wish I had read about their horrid and well deserved ratings before I ever ordered from them. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I ordered the most vibrant, colorful bouquet advertised. Their website listed the bouquet as "when we said all the colors, we meant ALL the colors." There was a very meaningful reason behind the reason I was sending a colorful, rainbow bouquet. The flowers delivered were almost all white with some very pale pink. I sent photos to the company and explained my reason for disappointment. Even the size of the bouquet was less than I expected as I ordered the deluxe version. The only response I received was "Because flowers naturally vary in shade, we cannot guarantee the exact color that will be in your Bouq. It is rare that the colors will not match what is on the site, but because the farm always sends what is best, it can happen". I am extremely disappointed as I was not expecting an exact color match. I was expecting SOME color in a bouquet advertised as "ALL the colors".

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I order flowers from The Bouqs two weeks before my girlfriend's birthday. On the day, no flowers. So I called and emailed but got nothing. After four days of wondering and trying to get a hold of someone they finally arrived DEAD. She literally throw them out. AWFUL EXPERIENCE. I have now called and emails 12+ times and still no answer... Just called the bank for a charge back and sent them photos.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I have used The Bouqs for a couple of years for monthly delivery for 2 family members. However last year I had a problem with their billing process. I like to pay once a year but they weren't able to accept that so I waited a year and tried again. This year they have taken my one year payment but have only delivered flowers once in three months. They seem to have some problems and I hope they are able to solve them. They have great flowers at a reasonable price.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I ordered a deluxe order of flowers for my husband, they were delivered the very next day! Each flower was individually wrapped, and smelled awesome. Just as the picture showed. My husband, who is the greatest man ever, truly loved them. Happy with the company and the products so far. :)

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I've ordered from Bouqs on at least 3 separate occasions now. Sometimes having multiple orders sent to the same address on the same day. On every occasion, I have received exactly what I ordered and on time. The major draw to me is that these are flowers sustainably picked from around the world, and shipped fresh, at a competitive price point. I have always been very pleased with the arrangements that have arrived. The flowers have always been stunning, vibrant, and enduring.

Many have complained that the arrangements they receive do not resemble the pictures. This may be a case of the consumer not reading the description as many of the arrangements shown on the website are seasonal arrangements that leave the actual flowers included up to the discretion of the grower and they very clearly indicate that the arrangement may not resemble that of the picture. I have always read the description before I have purchased, and I have not had any issue.

Some also may not be impressed with the simple presentation. They are safely packed into a rectangular cardboard box and shipped. They are shipped in a single bunch per price point. The base level is 1 bunch of flowers, the deluxe is 2 bunches of flowers, and the grand is 3 bunches of flowers. In my experience, these bunches are all the same. You are just paying for more flowers, which is readily indicated on the website. These flowers do not come pre-arranged to make a stunning impact when the box is opened, nor are they wrapped in lace and tissue paper or what-not. A little effort is required on your part to put them in the vase, add the included flower food, and adjust them to look nice.

Overall I am extremely satisfied with the products I have received for the money I have spent. I feel that this is a far less commercial endeavor such as most places I have ordered flowers from. I believe this flower company targets specifically the consumer that is concerned about the preservation of the environment and appreciating nature in a way that doesn't negatively impact it. It's a different kind of flower company, and it is a good thing.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My recipients, mostly people in their 80s and 90s, have all been very pleased with their Bouqs. I don't understand all the negative reviews. The website clearly describes how the flowers will arrive and what to do to take care of them. If you follow the directions they bloom beautifully and last for a very long time--longer than most cut flowers--and have a wonderful aroma. As for the reviewers who seem *shocked* that their flowers come from ECUADOR... Are you really so ignorant that you don't know where commercial flowers at Walmart and the grocery stores come from? Not only are the vast majority of those flowers from foreign countries, they are most likely from farms that use environment destroying farming practices and horrible labor conditions.

The only problem I ever had with Bouqs was with a local "artisanal" florist that they had contracted with near the place of delivery in Ohio. I was furious at the time since the flowers weren't delivered when they should have been, but the florist and Bouqs made up for it in customer service and the credits they offered me. I have never had a problem when ordering from one of their South American or California farms. Bouqs is one of the good guys and is a company that should be supported. Bouqs provides sustainable source for flowers.

The Bouqs Company Information

www.thebouqs.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use