3.82/5
Based on 403 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Bouqs Company is an online floral retailer that delivers flowers fresh from eco-friendly, sustainable farms to doorsteps nationwide. We connect farms and a curated network of artisan florists directly to consumers and disrupt the traditional supply chain by eliminating overhead costs like warehouses, importers, distributors, auctioneers and more. In turn, this model enables a superior product and redefines the experience and economics for both consumers and producers alike.

CBBB Rating
View More View More

538 The Bouqs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Every Order - First order Red Roses, wrong day they deliver. Orange Roses - Credit - the order with the credit is fine. Next order, order deluxe. Send 1/2 the amount, I have to ask the recipient for a photo to prove it - they give me a credit again just today, Send tupids. They send 18 - that is not even an order with them. I paid for deluxe. They give me a credit. I will never order with them again. After I use their credit I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. Also their big deal is they are suppose to come from far away places. Not true. Even the packing says it...

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Beware of multiple or continuing (monthly) flower deliveries from this company! In September 2016 I ordered bi-mointhly flower deliveries as part of a wedding gift. These deliveries were to continue for a year and were paid for up front with a single lump sum payment. The deliveries were made as originally agreed and paid for. This deliveries ended in September 2017, again as agreed.

In January 2018, The Bouqs started making deliveries again and charging my card for each delivery. When I contacted Bouqs about the deliveries, they agreed to stop any further deliveries and credit me for the most recent one. When I explained that I expected to be refunded for all of the unauthorized deliveries, they refused, saying that it was their policy not to make refunds since I had not cancelled my subscription.

Since I only placed a single order, I would never have expected them to consider that I had agreed to an on-going subscription. Furthermore, since they had stopped deliveries after the originally purchased year's worth of flowers were sent, there is no rational reason why they should think they were authorized to start again at some arbitrary point in the future. If you decide to do business with this company be aware of their "subscription" terms and conditions. I will never do business with them again and will continue to press for a full refund for all unauthorized charges.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I received an orchid 2 stem on Tuesday 7-31-18. When I opened the box the orchid was smashed on the top. Two of the buds were broken off. They had 8 buds on them. The flower itself had four broken off orchids and the others were wilted and fell off today. I now have only 3 flowers left on 2 stems after on two days. I am VERY UPSET that your company would allow this kind of service. I am a disappointed customer and I will not recommend your company to any of my friends. I do not have a smartphone to take a picture, so my words will tell my story.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I sent my sister and her husband a bouquet of peonies. The delivered product was horrible. Open blooms, damaged/bruised stems. Something I would have never picked out to send on my own. I have contacted the company and sent pictures to show how horrible they looked. I was asked to give it a couple days to see if they perked up. They have not and still look bad. I am waiting to hear back on a refund, that's all I want but so far, I have heard nothing. So much for their "Happiness Guarantee." I will never order from them again and would never recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Twice already this company has failed to deliver flowers that they advertise. I only went back to them because they gave me store credit. However, this will be the last time. BE WARNED, they use poor farmers from remote areas of the world to market their ** flowers as rare or elegant due to the origin of the flowers. In reality, they do this to save money. Nothing wrong with saving money but when your packages come crumbled and flowers dying at your doorstep, that is where customers should draw the line. If they had better customer service, then I wouldn't be writing this. Josiene **, is a complete and utter useless customer service representative, which is probably a reflection of their pay and work culture set by Bouqs. They have lost a customer for life. Stick to buying at your local flower shop.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bouqs Company?

Original review: July 23, 2018

I had an offer from American Express to shop from Bouqs.com, and I loved the idea of getting bouquets directly from individual farmers. One of my friends had a death in the family, so we ordered a jumbo bouquet from a farmer in California. I was really excited to give him business, and get flowers right from his farm. As you could imagine, I was disappointed to see the bouquet arrive from Chicago (vs Illinois). When I confronted Bouqs.com customer service about this - they said that they reserve the right to fulfill from elsewhere to meet deadlines. I get that mentality, but frankly - if I wanted flowers from my region - I would just order from my normal "go to" local flower shops. Now, I question their business model, and if these farmers with the beautiful stories on their site really get the business. I personally would never shop here again. Nothing special to differentiate them from traditional floral providers - at least in my case.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I ordered a bouquet as a gift for my sister. She sent me a picture of the flowers, which were wilted. I contacted The Bouqs several times, asking for a refund. They requested pictures, which I forwarded. They are now suggesting that I ask my sister to change the water, snip the bottoms and "hope" that the flowers perk up. It is embarrassing to me that this occurred and now I am told to further embarrass myself by providing instruction and requesting more pictures in two days.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Honestly I thought ordering from here was a waste of money. I only ordered from here base on their pictures online. I ordered 3 dozen hot pink roses (MOJAVE - Triple the Bloom) and they were very pathetic looking when I got them. The 3 dozens were shriveled and wilted from being on a hot FedEx truck all day which also annoyed me that they didn't even arrive until later in the evening but it is what it is. These flowers were for my sister's birthday and when she got them she was trying to be nice when she said, "Awee."

She didn't know what to say without hurting my feelings. I apologized but what can you do? On top of being disappointed in the flowers, the vase I paid extra for couldn't fit all the flowers so she just had to pull out another vase to put the rest in which looked even more pathetic. Super embarrassed honestly. I have no doubt the flowers would have been beautiful if I went to their shop and bought the flowers in person but in my opinion it's not practical to have flowers shipped from out of state. Lesson learned for next time.

Original review: July 11, 2018

HORRIBLE!!! Flowers arrived DEAD and on the wrong day. I rarely and almost never write a negative review as I know it can hurt a business. However, this just had to be said and the public should be very aware of this scam of a company. I paid extra for my flowers to be delivered on July 10th (knowing that the office will be closed on July 11th). I received an email that the flowers were guaranteed for the July 10th delivery no later than 3PM EST. Around 5:00 PM I decided to call FedEx as this company “The Bouqs” doesn’t have a customer service line. Right there should be your “RED FLAG”. You need to send an email and they claim they will get back to you within 48 hours. Not the case here.

I contacted FedEx again and they told me that the Bouqs truck broke down and my flowers are in Memphis Tennessee on a hot truck. I asked them NOT to deliver the next day as the office will be closed on Wednesday and the flowers were DEAD. Oh yeah, they delivered the flowers on Wednesday. The Bouqs company told me to go to the destination and pick up the flowers so they don’t sit in the hot sun until the next day and to deliver them myself on Thursday. I’m not making this stuff up!!! I told them that’s what I paid you guys for “extra” to get them there on time and alive!!! They told me they cannot refund my money or send another bouquet but that they can refund my $9.00 for the FedEx shipping. So now my flowers will be delivered DEAD to my doctors office which leaves me to explain my embarrassment.

THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS. They claim to be different from others, yes that’s true... They don’t take responsibility for their mistakes and you the customer are out money!!! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE COMPANY. I will be posting this on every site possible as people should not be scammed like this! Someone needs to investigate this company and shut them down!!!

Original review: July 9, 2018

I came across Bouqs when looking for a more premium flower service that offered better bouquet options, along with great delivery. I used Bouqs twice. The first experience, absolutely fantastic - great flowers and delivered the same day. Second experience, the order did not arrive and no communication was received. 6 or so hours after the order delivery time had passed I reached out to customer support. An absolute disaster of an experience. Poor communication, no real ability to help other than to say, "Ask us later for a cancellation and refund if it doesn't show up." I honestly felt that I was being a nuisance when all I wanted to know was a yes / no will the order be delivered. The order did not arrive.

The following day, customer support reached out to let me know they had cancelled the order and issued a refund along with a one time use $15 credit for next time. I get it, things happen, not everything is perfect. That is the point of great customer support. This is where the "premium" feel of Bouqs really missed it. Better customer service at ProFlowers, which is unfortunate. As someone who typically would prefer the confidence of an order being fulfilled as requested, I will use other services that get that bit right, along with customer support that feels more on your side than having to deal with you.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I never write reviews but decided that my two experiences with Bouqs were so awful that I needed to comment. I subscribe to Birchbox and received a coupon for a Bouqs floral months ago. It sounded fun so I ordered a freesia Bouqs they arrived late and frozen. Contacted customer service received a credit and ordered a replacement that was not great but at that point I decided not worth the effort. I received an email this week inviting me back with a discount. I picked a featured bouquet as I was having a dinner party and it would save me a trip to the florist. They arrived. It was the Wrong bouquet with most of the flowers dried up because they ship without any hydration. This was an $80 bouquet that arrived with flowers that I could have gotten at the grocer for $20.

Cheap filler flowers and half dead greens. The stargazer lilies were wilted with brown edges. I contacted Bouqs and they wanted photos which I sent. They then issued me a credit to my account to buy another bouquet. How ridiculous and another order was not going to happen. I requested a credit to the card I used. They finally responded they understood and credited my card...well I hope they did... A credit to buy a bouquet from them again was not going to help my dinner party. I had to run to the florist and dump the dead bouquet on the compost pile. They will not get a third order from me...Great concept. Terrible quality. Obviously the farms they use care little about sending quality products and Bouqs obviously does little to correct the issue. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: June 14, 2018

My original Mother's Day order was a sorry mess. What was supposed to be a colorful bouquet of Ranunculus from Columbia arrived with several wilted roses. (Mom does NOT like roses, particularly dying ones!) And minus the vase I had purchased. I emailed Bouqs and received a prompt response asking for a photo, which I supplied. They quickly refunded the price of the vase and provided me a credit in excess of what I had spent. I ordered a second bouquet of Ranunculus from another grower in Ecuador. After a few days, I checked the progress as they should have been en route to Miami customs by then, and there was no FedEx movement from Ecuador pickup for over 48 hours. Concerned they were lost, I again emailed Bouqs, who advised waiting overnight in case FedEx was slow to update.

The next morning, having seen no movement, I emailed again, and within an hour received word that an substitute bouquet (Alstroemeria) had been ordered for me from a California grower for next day delivery. As it turned out, both bouquets arrived the next day! FedEx failed to publish outbound or customs receipt tracking of the Ecuador shipment, only arrival in Memphis hub. Photos of all three bouquets below.

Things can go wrong, especially with global vendors. This was my first attempt at a South American order, previous California orders arrived as described and in great shape. While I won't order from that particular Columbia grower again (and I appreciate that Bouqs identifies the source of each bouquet), I will most certainly continue to use Bouqs, knowing that they stand behind their merchandise and will resolve issues at amazon-like speed. I was definitely communicating with a human being and not a bot. All of their email responses were received within an hour or two of my queries, were well-written and conveyed a sincere interest in solving the problem. Kudos to them.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I first decided to try Bouqs to send flowers to my mother for Mother's Day. They had a bouquet of Apricot roses that I knew my mother would like as it is her favorite color. When I talked to her she indicated that they were gray...now I couldnt get her to send a pic as she is 93 and cant even operate a cell phone but my brother did send a pic several days later and they were mildly tinted but not at all like the picture. So I called to lodge a complaint and the rep issued me a credit (it was about $52). So what to do with the credit? I decided to see for myself and ordered a large bouquet for myself. It was supposedly shipped on a Tuesday to arrive on Saturday and immediately after they were delivered I opened them (so they did not sit in the hot Arizona sun for any length of time). They were in abysmal shape - they jammed a few dozen into a small box and they arrived wilted, bruised and looking past their prime...

I added some pics I took to demonstrate. The instructions try to tell you to "peel off the outer petals" which I had to do but I hate doing... First who wants to send flowers to someone that look so horrible? Makes a terrible first impression. Second, when you try to do peel off the outer petals it shows and it is hard to get them to come off 100% completely so they look "torn"...not a good solution in my mind. I will NEVER buy from this outfit again... I suspect they were trying to save money by jamming into a box that was entirely too small and sending even via FedEx over 5 days was just too much for the fragile flowers. I spent about half an hour cutting all the stems and tearing off the bruised petals and leaves...you can see some of these in the pics. if you are not prepared to do this yourself or if you are trying to send to someone else I say this is not the outfit you want to deal with.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Do not order flowers from Bouqs. I ordered flowers for my mother as a gift based on the online photos. What I received what not even close to the photo. Tiny flowers, significantly fewer and WILTED. I contacted Bouqs and sent a photo. They acknowledged the conditions but refused to do anything about it; continued to send me the same emails requesting more photos. I believe I was communicating with a BOT rather than a human because the response emails never responded to my emails and were form in nature. Be careful - there is no customer service and the product is very bad. If you send a gift you want to make sure it is nice - Bouqs are not nice flowers.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've tried the other flower services and have usually been disappointed. The flowers didn't arrive when they supposed to, or didn't last half as long as advertised. Bouqs.com has always had an amazing selection and good prices. I've used them for years.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I used to think very highly of this company but they have turned into a customer service nightmare and have become undependable. I ordered 3 dozen roses from Bouqs to be delivered to my daughter in Colorado on her graduation day. They were sent to Pennsylvania due to an error by Bouqs. That was four days ago. I have emailed, chatted and called countless times and have been blown off and ignored on this once in a lifetime event. I've been promised a call back over and over and it has never come.

Bouqs outsources their customer service to foreigners in other countries and no one is capable of doing anything. This is much like many other large US companies trying to save money and not caring about the effects of future business. They ruined this special occasion for me so I will NEVER be using them again. Additionally, I sent out an email blast to 8000 folks in my network of which many have used Bouqs before as well. Maybe me never doing business with them won't affect them but I am pretty sure a couple dozen people I know and received my email won't chance using them again either so I'm back to overpaying for flowers where I can at least fix a problem when one occurs. Very disappointed in these people. Way to go Robert Herjavec!!!

Original review: May 28, 2018

The bouquets that I ordered were used in my wedding, they were beyond amazing. The order was delivered on time, and I was absolutely stunned on how beautiful they were. I would HIGHLY recommend The Bouqs!

Original review: May 28, 2018

This review pertains specifically to The Bouqs vouchers - which should not be purchased or given out. I bought vouchers for The Bouqs through Zulily. It took nearly an hour and many exchanges with The Bouqs to be able to use the first one. I was told that only one would work but that you could give one away - so I sent it off to my Mother. Who, no surprise, was unable to use it. I've been using The Bouqs since Christmas and do love the regular service. However, the amount of time and effort associated with this voucher issue is changing my mind about the company. Do not purchase vouchers for this company. They are extremely difficult to redeem - if you can at all.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I ordered flowers for Mother's Day which showed up very spent and not fresh. Customer Service indicated the flowers and "buds" may arrive wilted but they would perk up. She did not receive buds but did receive open flowers that were wilted and stayed that way. The cut flower stems were not sent in water during their trip South America (our local flower shop sends them with water even when not in a vase and they are less than 5 miles away. I'm sorry I didn't support them but will for now on). There were several emails back and forth between them, my mother and myself. The flowers never perked up and they only offered a coupon for us to spend more money with them. I will never waste my money with them again. They claim my recipient will share pictures to brag about their gift. My recipient has shared her pictures but not to brag.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Received orchids from son in Colorado on Mother's Day. 2 of 3 stems broken off. No padding around plant in box to protect it. Contacted The Bouqs, replied they were sorry I had a bad experience?!? Don't want anything from you at this time and didn't want son to know he didn't get whatever he paid for!

Updated on 06/23/2018: Wrote a review on May 19. Received response May 23 saying they would "make it right" and I would receive fresh orchids. As of today June 23 haven't heard anything from "The Bouqs" Do not Order from this company!

The Bouqs response

Hi Barbara, we are very sorry you had this experience and would like to make sure you get fresh healthy orchids as intended. Someone from our team will follow up to see how we can make things up to you. Thank you for your time and feedback. -The Bouqs Team

Original review: May 18, 2018

My flowers were received (on a Saturday) in very limp condition and without the indicated flower food. Following the directions I gave the flowers a fresh cut and waited the requested 2 days for the blooms to open. The water was changed regularly. When the blooms were still only partially open on the 4th day I contacted the company with regards to the quality of their product and requested they give my daughter (the sender) a full refund.

They refused on the basis of "Terms and Conditions" (NOT PROVIDED TO ME) require you contact them no later than the 3rd day after delivery and provide pictures - essentially they ask you to wait 2 days for the blooms to open and then only allow you 1 day to request a refund. I was also sent an email on "how to make my own plant food". I find their practices both deceptive and fraudulent and their product poor to mediocre. It certainly DOES NOT look like what is pictured on their website. Don't waste your money on a company that doesn't stand behind their product.

The Bouqs response

Hi Deborah, we're so sorry about this experience. We've followed up to try and make up for our initial response and to provide the level of customer service we pride ourselves on. Please let us know if we can further assist to make things right. -The Bouqs Team

Original review: May 15, 2018

Ordered their recommended sized showstopper ($66 incl. tax, each order) special for Mother's Day for both my mom and my mother in law long distance to two different cities, requiring two separate orders, which should have been my first clue that this was a not ready for prime time company. The orders arrived on Friday, as promised, and the only available day prior to Mother's Day, despite the fact that I ordered them in plenty of time on Wednesday, the 9th. That should have been my second clue that this was going to be a bad experience. But I thought the ads were effective and sounded as reasonable than the other alternatives, which I have also had good luck with in the past.

In both places, my mom and my mother in law reluctantly reported to me that the flowers arrived dead, almost like a bad joke. These are elderly women and not proficient with their phones to the point that the rest of us may be, and I was too embarrassed to ask them to try to take pictures of how they arrived because they were so shocked compared to what they'd received from me in the past.

So, the customer service correspondence back and forth since then has informed me that they cannot honor my refund request since I am unable to provide pictures that they could then provide to their 'fresh farm' supplier. Sounds like I don't get refunded unless Bouqs gets refunded. An excuse that rings hollow with me as I have been in sales, marketing and customer service my entire working life.

The last thing I wanted to spend the last 20 minutes on was authoring this review. Would've been happy giving them a 3 star review for at least refunding my money. Still would not have recommended their service. But since they are unwilling to offer a refund, I feel like maybe my experience will help prevent others from having the same difficulties. Thankfully, I can copy and paste, since there is no way to reflect this on two orders, even the reviews.

Original review: May 15, 2018

The roses I sent to my Mom for Mother’s Day were so beautiful. They smell so fragrant (Mom says the entire house smells like roses!), & the roses are so healthy... the leaves are the darkest green, & the flowers are very pale pink with a darker pink edge... just gorgeous!! We are both very happy! Ordering was easy, as we had no problems with delivery... our flowers arrived on time! Wonderful experience!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Decided to order flowers for my mom for Mother's Day. Picked out a bouquet of pink, yellow, and orange roses... For a small amount, I could double the blooms. I really didn't know what to expect, but they arrived on schedule and packaged very well! My mom was thrilled!!! They were and still are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I would like to upload a photo to show the multiple smashed rotting flowers that we received on Mother’s Day. There is no reason that they were smashed as the box itself was in perfect order. The flowers were squeezed into three plastic wraps and fell rotting apart when opened. Some were decent but half were not. Sad for money spent by the sender. Tin vase was marginal.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I’ve sent Bouqs a couple of time in the last few months. Each time the blossoms were fresh, full and exactly as pictured. The recipients were thrilled and commented how long the bouquets lasted. I won’t order from anywhere else. It’s comforting to know you get just what you ordered.

Original review: May 14, 2018

My hip 79 year old Mom said these are the best flowers she has ever gotten. Sent them for Mother's Day. I knew this already because we had sent Bouqs flowers to a friend Matt in the hospital. We sent him sunflowers - beautiful. Nothing compares. It takes just 2 words: The best.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I recently purchased two separate bouquets for two separate life events and was not disappointed with either... neither were the recipients. The flowers were delivered on time and in absolutely beautiful condition. They had several more days of blooms and the vases were an absolute hit as well. You can’t beat the price and quality at Bouqs.com! Thank you for finally solving my online flower service problem!

Original review: May 14, 2018

I’ve used several flower delivery companies over the years. And I’ve had mixed experiences from them. With late deliveries or flowers that look wilted and not healthy. I’ve always seen ads for Bouqs and finally decided to try them this year for Mother’s Day. Each of the deliveries was on time (the day I picked). And the flowers were super pretty, healthy and colorful! The packaging is nice with a little card and story about the flowers and where they’re from. And the options I had to pick from were exactly what I needed. Ranunculus Flowers are difficult to find, but Bouqs was my answer. If you’re looking for the top tier company to order flowers from, this is it.

Original review: May 14, 2018

These flowers are beyond beautiful and were a perfect gift for a lovely mother’s day. This was my third order from the Bouqs Co. Every time I have ordered from The Bouqs Company I have received a beautiful, full, fresh bouquet. The large selection is wonderful and the ordering process is simple. The flowers arrived on time and accurately. 10/10 would order again and would recommend to anyone.

The Bouqs Company expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Bouqs Company is an on-trend floral delivery service that offers gorgeous flowers delivered directly from eco-friendly farms around the world to your door. Bouquets range from $50 to $90 and you can also opt for a subscription delivery service to keep the flowers coming at a reduced price.

• Bouquet variety: Bouqs has lots of great options no matter what the occasion. Choose from classics like roses, tulips or lillies to more exotic and unusual choices like brisbane, orchids or succulents. You can opt for a single-variety bouquet or a blended bouquet.

• Eco-conscious: Bouqs sources its flowers from environmentally friendly, sustainable farms around the world. As you shop, you can see a photo of the farmer responsible for a particular bouquet and information about where they’re located (most are in California and South America). The farmers cut and ship the flowers as they are ordered, which reduces waste.

• Happiness Guarantee: The Bouqs Co. promises to stand by their products. If you’re not happy with your flowers or delivery experience, you can contact them and they guarantee they will make it right.

• Pricing: Most bouquet options come in three sizes: Original, Deluxe and Grand. Prices range from around $50 to $90 and many bouquets also come with free delivery. You can add on a vase for about $12.

• Subscription options: Want fresh flowers on a regular schedule? You can sign up for floral delivery on your own schedule: Choose once a week, twice a month or monthly delivery. You’ll also save 20 percent and enjoy free shipping if you subscribe.

• Best for: people who want an eco-friendly floral delivery and those interested in subscription floral delivery.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

The Bouqs Company Information

The Bouqs Company
www.thebouqs.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business