3.82/5
Based on 398 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Bouqs Company is an online floral retailer that delivers flowers fresh from eco-friendly, sustainable farms to doorsteps nationwide. We connect farms and a curated network of artisan florists directly to consumers and disrupt the traditional supply chain by eliminating overhead costs like warehouses, importers, distributors, auctioneers and more. In turn, this model enables a superior product and redefines the experience and economics for both consumers and producers alike.

CBBB Rating
View More View More

527 The Bouqs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 14, 2018

My original Mother's Day order was a sorry mess. What was supposed to be a colorful bouquet of Ranunculus from Columbia arrived with several wilted roses. (Mom does NOT like roses, particularly dying ones!) And minus the vase I had purchased. I emailed Bouqs and received a prompt response asking for a photo, which I supplied. They quickly refunded the price of the vase and provided me a credit in excess of what I had spent. I ordered a second bouquet of Ranunculus from another grower in Ecuador. After a few days, I checked the progress as they should have been en route to Miami customs by then, and there was no FedEx movement from Ecuador pickup for over 48 hours. Concerned they were lost, I again emailed Bouqs, who advised waiting overnight in case FedEx was slow to update.

The next morning, having seen no movement, I emailed again, and within an hour received word that an substitute bouquet (Alstroemeria) had been ordered for me from a California grower for next day delivery. As it turned out, both bouquets arrived the next day! FedEx failed to publish outbound or customs receipt tracking of the Ecuador shipment, only arrival in Memphis hub. Photos of all three bouquets below.

Things can go wrong, especially with global vendors. This was my first attempt at a South American order, previous California orders arrived as described and in great shape. While I won't order from that particular Columbia grower again (and I appreciate that Bouqs identifies the source of each bouquet), I will most certainly continue to use Bouqs, knowing that they stand behind their merchandise and will resolve issues at amazon-like speed. I was definitely communicating with a human being and not a bot. All of their email responses were received within an hour or two of my queries, were well-written and conveyed a sincere interest in solving the problem. Kudos to them.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I first decided to try Bouqs to send flowers to my mother for Mother's Day. They had a bouquet of Apricot roses that I knew my mother would like as it is her favorite color. When I talked to her she indicated that they were gray...now I couldnt get her to send a pic as she is 93 and cant even operate a cell phone but my brother did send a pic several days later and they were mildly tinted but not at all like the picture. So I called to lodge a complaint and the rep issued me a credit (it was about $52). So what to do with the credit? I decided to see for myself and ordered a large bouquet for myself. It was supposedly shipped on a Tuesday to arrive on Saturday and immediately after they were delivered I opened them (so they did not sit in the hot Arizona sun for any length of time). They were in abysmal shape - they jammed a few dozen into a small box and they arrived wilted, bruised and looking past their prime...

I added some pics I took to demonstrate. The instructions try to tell you to "peel off the outer petals" which I had to do but I hate doing... First who wants to send flowers to someone that look so horrible? Makes a terrible first impression. Second, when you try to do peel off the outer petals it shows and it is hard to get them to come off 100% completely so they look "torn"...not a good solution in my mind. I will NEVER buy from this outfit again... I suspect they were trying to save money by jamming into a box that was entirely too small and sending even via FedEx over 5 days was just too much for the fragile flowers. I spent about half an hour cutting all the stems and tearing off the bruised petals and leaves...you can see some of these in the pics. if you are not prepared to do this yourself or if you are trying to send to someone else I say this is not the outfit you want to deal with.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Do not order flowers from Bouqs. I ordered flowers for my mother as a gift based on the online photos. What I received what not even close to the photo. Tiny flowers, significantly fewer and WILTED. I contacted Bouqs and sent a photo. They acknowledged the conditions but refused to do anything about it; continued to send me the same emails requesting more photos. I believe I was communicating with a BOT rather than a human because the response emails never responded to my emails and were form in nature. Be careful - there is no customer service and the product is very bad. If you send a gift you want to make sure it is nice - Bouqs are not nice flowers.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've tried the other flower services and have usually been disappointed. The flowers didn't arrive when they supposed to, or didn't last half as long as advertised. Bouqs.com has always had an amazing selection and good prices. I've used them for years.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I used to think very highly of this company but they have turned into a customer service nightmare and have become undependable. I ordered 3 dozen roses from Bouqs to be delivered to my daughter in Colorado on her graduation day. They were sent to Pennsylvania due to an error by Bouqs. That was four days ago. I have emailed, chatted and called countless times and have been blown off and ignored on this once in a lifetime event. I've been promised a call back over and over and it has never come.

Bouqs outsources their customer service to foreigners in other countries and no one is capable of doing anything. This is much like many other large US companies trying to save money and not caring about the effects of future business. They ruined this special occasion for me so I will NEVER be using them again. Additionally, I sent out an email blast to 8000 folks in my network of which many have used Bouqs before as well. Maybe me never doing business with them won't affect them but I am pretty sure a couple dozen people I know and received my email won't chance using them again either so I'm back to overpaying for flowers where I can at least fix a problem when one occurs. Very disappointed in these people. Way to go Robert Herjavec!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bouqs Company?

Original review: May 28, 2018

The bouquets that I ordered were used in my wedding, they were beyond amazing. The order was delivered on time, and I was absolutely stunned on how beautiful they were. I would HIGHLY recommend The Bouqs!

Original review: May 28, 2018

This review pertains specifically to The Bouqs vouchers - which should not be purchased or given out. I bought vouchers for The Bouqs through Zulily. It took nearly an hour and many exchanges with The Bouqs to be able to use the first one. I was told that only one would work but that you could give one away - so I sent it off to my Mother. Who, no surprise, was unable to use it. I've been using The Bouqs since Christmas and do love the regular service. However, the amount of time and effort associated with this voucher issue is changing my mind about the company. Do not purchase vouchers for this company. They are extremely difficult to redeem - if you can at all.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I ordered flowers for Mother's Day which showed up very spent and not fresh. Customer Service indicated the flowers and "buds" may arrive wilted but they would perk up. She did not receive buds but did receive open flowers that were wilted and stayed that way. The cut flower stems were not sent in water during their trip South America (our local flower shop sends them with water even when not in a vase and they are less than 5 miles away. I'm sorry I didn't support them but will for now on). There were several emails back and forth between them, my mother and myself. The flowers never perked up and they only offered a coupon for us to spend more money with them. I will never waste my money with them again. They claim my recipient will share pictures to brag about their gift. My recipient has shared her pictures but not to brag.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 19, 2018

Received orchids from son in Colorado on Mother's Day. 2 of 3 stems broken off. No padding around plant in box to protect it. Contacted The Bouqs, replied they were sorry I had a bad experience?!? Don't want anything from you at this time and didn't want son to know he didn't get whatever he paid for!

Updated on 06/23/2018: Wrote a review on May 19. Received response May 23 saying they would "make it right" and I would receive fresh orchids. As of today June 23 haven't heard anything from "The Bougs" Do not Order from this company!

The Bouqs response

Hi Barbara, we are very sorry you had this experience and would like to make sure you get fresh healthy orchids as intended. Someone from our team will follow up to see how we can make things up to you. Thank you for your time and feedback. -The Bouqs Team

Original review: May 18, 2018

My flowers were received (on a Saturday) in very limp condition and without the indicated flower food. Following the directions I gave the flowers a fresh cut and waited the requested 2 days for the blooms to open. The water was changed regularly. When the blooms were still only partially open on the 4th day I contacted the company with regards to the quality of their product and requested they give my daughter (the sender) a full refund.

They refused on the basis of "Terms and Conditions" (NOT PROVIDED TO ME) require you contact them no later than the 3rd day after delivery and provide pictures - essentially they ask you to wait 2 days for the blooms to open and then only allow you 1 day to request a refund. I was also sent an email on "how to make my own plant food". I find their practices both deceptive and fraudulent and their product poor to mediocre. It certainly DOES NOT look like what is pictured on their website. Don't waste your money on a company that doesn't stand behind their product.

The Bouqs response

Hi Deborah, we're so sorry about this experience. We've followed up to try and make up for our initial response and to provide the level of customer service we pride ourselves on. Please let us know if we can further assist to make things right. -The Bouqs Team

Original review: May 15, 2018

Ordered their recommended sized showstopper ($66 incl. tax, each order) special for Mother's Day for both my mom and my mother in law long distance to two different cities, requiring two separate orders, which should have been my first clue that this was a not ready for prime time company. The orders arrived on Friday, as promised, and the only available day prior to Mother's Day, despite the fact that I ordered them in plenty of time on Wednesday, the 9th. That should have been my second clue that this was going to be a bad experience. But I thought the ads were effective and sounded as reasonable than the other alternatives, which I have also had good luck with in the past.

In both places, my mom and my mother in law reluctantly reported to me that the flowers arrived dead, almost like a bad joke. These are elderly women and not proficient with their phones to the point that the rest of us may be, and I was too embarrassed to ask them to try to take pictures of how they arrived because they were so shocked compared to what they'd received from me in the past.

So, the customer service correspondence back and forth since then has informed me that they cannot honor my refund request since I am unable to provide pictures that they could then provide to their 'fresh farm' supplier. Sounds like I don't get refunded unless Bouqs gets refunded. An excuse that rings hollow with me as I have been in sales, marketing and customer service my entire working life.

The last thing I wanted to spend the last 20 minutes on was authoring this review. Would've been happy giving them a 3 star review for at least refunding my money. Still would not have recommended their service. But since they are unwilling to offer a refund, I feel like maybe my experience will help prevent others from having the same difficulties. Thankfully, I can copy and paste, since there is no way to reflect this on two orders, even the reviews.

Original review: May 15, 2018

The roses I sent to my Mom for Mother’s Day were so beautiful. They smell so fragrant (Mom says the entire house smells like roses!), & the roses are so healthy... the leaves are the darkest green, & the flowers are very pale pink with a darker pink edge... just gorgeous!! We are both very happy! Ordering was easy, as we had no problems with delivery... our flowers arrived on time! Wonderful experience!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Decided to order flowers for my mom for Mother's Day. Picked out a bouquet of pink, yellow, and orange roses... For a small amount, I could double the blooms. I really didn't know what to expect, but they arrived on schedule and packaged very well! My mom was thrilled!!! They were and still are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I would like to upload a photo to show the multiple smashed rotting flowers that we received on Mother’s Day. There is no reason that they were smashed as the box itself was in perfect order. The flowers were squeezed into three plastic wraps and fell rotting apart when opened. Some were decent but half were not. Sad for money spent by the sender. Tin vase was marginal.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I’ve sent Bouqs a couple of time in the last few months. Each time the blossoms were fresh, full and exactly as pictured. The recipients were thrilled and commented how long the bouquets lasted. I won’t order from anywhere else. It’s comforting to know you get just what you ordered.

Original review: May 14, 2018

My hip 79 year old Mom said these are the best flowers she has ever gotten. Sent them for Mother's Day. I knew this already because we had sent Bouqs flowers to a friend Matt in the hospital. We sent him sunflowers - beautiful. Nothing compares. It takes just 2 words: The best.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I recently purchased two separate bouquets for two separate life events and was not disappointed with either... neither were the recipients. The flowers were delivered on time and in absolutely beautiful condition. They had several more days of blooms and the vases were an absolute hit as well. You can’t beat the price and quality at Bouqs.com! Thank you for finally solving my online flower service problem!

Original review: May 14, 2018

I’ve used several flower delivery companies over the years. And I’ve had mixed experiences from them. With late deliveries or flowers that look wilted and not healthy. I’ve always seen ads for Bouqs and finally decided to try them this year for Mother’s Day. Each of the deliveries was on time (the day I picked). And the flowers were super pretty, healthy and colorful! The packaging is nice with a little card and story about the flowers and where they’re from. And the options I had to pick from were exactly what I needed. Ranunculus Flowers are difficult to find, but Bouqs was my answer. If you’re looking for the top tier company to order flowers from, this is it.

Original review: May 14, 2018

These flowers are beyond beautiful and were a perfect gift for a lovely mother’s day. This was my third order from the Bouqs Co. Every time I have ordered from The Bouqs Company I have received a beautiful, full, fresh bouquet. The large selection is wonderful and the ordering process is simple. The flowers arrived on time and accurately. 10/10 would order again and would recommend to anyone.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Our daughter sent me a Mother’s Day bouquet from your company which arrived today, Monday. Other florists in our area were delivering yesterday and Saturday. My bouquet included purple irises and white and red tulips. The tulips were completely droopy and some flowers had lost petals yesterday the time I received it and I had immediately opened the box. The enclosed directions said to cut the stems and place in water. There was no packet of food enclosed as other florists provide and no direction to do so. On your website however it said to add food. Of course, there was no instruction on what that should be.

The directions enclosed also said that the tulips will perk up after being in water. They are now hanging so low in their droopy state that they are completely bent over. The greens looked dried out when the bouquet arrived. I think either you took too long to ship this, didn’t use refrigerated trucks, or used old dried out flowers. I feel terrible that my daughter wasted her money on this! It’s also a shame because it could have been such a wonderful surprise. I certainly hope she gets a refund.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Incredibly impressed with overall price, selection, and punctual delivery. The quality of the bouquet was UNBELIEVABLE!!! Bouqs was perfect from the get-go. I have had miserable luck over the years with every other delivery service (never delivered and billed multiple times, lousy quality, overpriced). Will recommend to my friends and family and will definitely use again!!!

Original review: May 14, 2018

The bouquet that I just sent was beautiful. It was so full and the blooms were gorgeous. I ordered a double bloom bouquet and there were enough flowers for 2 full vases. This is the second time that I have used Bouqs and I was impressed both times. I will only use them for ordering my flowers.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have ordered multiple times from The BOUQS company and each time the recipient and I have both been thrilled with the outcome. The flowers arrive still in bud form - so they are FRESH from the farm, causing their longevity to exceed expectation. They are also cut to order, which makes me feel like I'm supporting a local farmer/retailer. I am a happy customer!

Original review: May 14, 2018

I have ordered from Bouqs a lot and 9 times out of 10 they're Fabulous!! But the 1 time they didn't turn out so good, I emailed the company and customer service was quick to make it right. That is important, As we all know things happen sometimes, it's nice to know they're quick to fix it. Thank you for that.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I ordered flowers for my mom for mother’s day using The Bouqs. The arrangement was beautiful and the flowers were full. The delivery of the arrangement to my mom was accurate and timely. The price was very reasonable for the size of the arrangement. I would recommend this service to others and I will use them again in the future.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I purchased a subscription for my mother so that she can have fresh flowers delivered each month for a while. Setting up the delivery was simple and the product and packaging were excellent. I received emails from the company letting me know that the shipment was planned and another when delivery was complete. I'm very pleased with my experience with The Bouqs Co. and will be recommending them.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Flowers arrive direct from grower, in the precise delivery window requested, Beautifully packaged and as fresh as can be, care instructions included. Unique arrangements that cannot be found elsewhere. Price is a good value. Local growers benefit. Bouqs is my “go to” for all my future floral needs. Can’t wait to plan my daughter’s wedding, with the help of Bouqs!

Original review: May 14, 2018

I recently ordered 2 bouquets for myself (not sure if full enough) and really wanted to see what to expect when sending to family and friends. The flowers were not only beautiful but extremely full and reasonably priced. The bouquets I picked contained Bird of Paradise (my favs). They came and surpassed my expectations, they were the most beautiful I have ever seen. I will definitely use your company again.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I absolutely love ordering flowers through Bouqs. Not only is their service reliable, but you are guaranteed the freshest, most beautiful flowers sources from trusted farmers across the globe. Each time I have ordered the presentation and packaging of my flowers have been adorable and much appreciated by the recipients! One time my card was left off of my order and Bouqs customer service team immediately responded and rectified the situation. I cannot say more good things about my experience with Bouqs and if you are reading this to decide whether or not to submit your order - DO IT! :)

Original review: May 14, 2018

I ordered Bouqs flowers for two of the most important women in my life for Mother's Day. The ordering process was easy and very straight-forward and the prices were very reasonable (almost too good to be true). The flowers arrived a couple of days before Mother's Day and in both cases they arrived in great shape and looking beautiful. My mom actually mentioned that it seemed like they sent her too many flowers as she had to split the order up between two vases!

I would recommend having the flowers arrive a day or two ahead of your intended date as the Bouqs flowers are very fresh but may need a day or two to fully open and reach their full potential. A great experience that I look forward to repeating at a future holiday.

The Bouqs Company expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Bouqs Company is an on-trend floral delivery service that offers gorgeous flowers delivered directly from eco-friendly farms around the world to your door. Bouquets range from $50 to $90 and you can also opt for a subscription delivery service to keep the flowers coming at a reduced price.

• Bouquet variety: Bouqs has lots of great options no matter what the occasion. Choose from classics like roses, tulips or lillies to more exotic and unusual choices like brisbane, orchids or succulents. You can opt for a single-variety bouquet or a blended bouquet.

• Eco-conscious: Bouqs sources its flowers from environmentally friendly, sustainable farms around the world. As you shop, you can see a photo of the farmer responsible for a particular bouquet and information about where they’re located (most are in California and South America). The farmers cut and ship the flowers as they are ordered, which reduces waste.

• Happiness Guarantee: The Bouqs Co. promises to stand by their products. If you’re not happy with your flowers or delivery experience, you can contact them and they guarantee they will make it right.

• Pricing: Most bouquet options come in three sizes: Original, Deluxe and Grand. Prices range from around $50 to $90 and many bouquets also come with free delivery. You can add on a vase for about $12.

• Subscription options: Want fresh flowers on a regular schedule? You can sign up for floral delivery on your own schedule: Choose once a week, twice a month or monthly delivery. You’ll also save 20 percent and enjoy free shipping if you subscribe.

• Best for: people who want an eco-friendly floral delivery and those interested in subscription floral delivery.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs