1.88/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Farm-fresh and sustainable blooms right to your recipient's doorstep. Connecting people to beautifully designed floral experiences and the responsible partners that create them.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

955 The Bouqs Company Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 19, 2019

I have ordered from Bouqs probably 9 or 10 times. The flowers that they offer are mostly blooms and not a lot of filler which is why I like to order from them. I have had a few issues with delivery time flowers arriving late which has been very frustrating as they are typically for birthdays. But each time I have reported issues they have made it right by offering a credit on the bouquet or something of the like. A company may not be able to get things right every time but for Bouqs when they don't, they offer to make it right and is why I keep coming back.

Two improvements I would suggest to them, switch shippers, most of my issues have been with FedEx’s delivery being late, consider UPS it is much more consistent. The second is for the most expensive blooms, put on the little water tubes so they don't go dry for many days. When flowers do get delayed in shipping they die because they don't have water! Overall they have great flowers and their customer service is HEAD and shoulders above FTD, 1800--Flowers or ProFlowers. The flower from places like that are cheap most filler such as, carnations and altramarea and you get the wrong bouquet almost every time. If you want high-quality blooms at a very competitive price, I strongly suggest ordering from Bouqs. Bouqs you need to tighten up your consistency, so I can recommend you to more people.

Hi Kelsey,
Thank you for sharing your #BouqLove experience! Although we are sorry to hear about some of your previous experiences, we're happy that our support team was able to quickly make things right. We'll continue to work hard to ensure that your future experiences exceed your expectations!

Sincerely, Scarlett at The Bouqs.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 27, 2019

While my experience ordering the flowers was easy and uneventful and the delivery was on time and without issue (which is WAY MORE than I can say for the previous company I had attempted to order flowers from), I am only giving them a 4 out of 5 rating (because nothing bad happened and nothing special happened either (as far as placing the order went). Once delivered, my wife was THRILLED with these flowers (which lasted a full 2 weeks!). She said that they were the "Best flowers she had ever received".

Hi Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your candid feedback. We will continue to deliver on our mission to our customers and environmental impact. We're so happy to hear that your wife enjoyed her flowers and we hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Quinn at The Bouqs

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I ordered a "Tropical Love" bouquet from a farm in Quito, Ecuador to be delivered to my husband's office on Valentine's Day. According to FedEx tracking, the flowers were shipped on Monday, to be delivered at 10:30 am on Thursday, February 14. I was curious as to whether flowers from an exotic locale that is a considerable distance away could really arrive fresh and on time, particularly knowing that Valentine's Day is such a busy time of year for flower deliveries. I can't believe what a success this was! My husband was so surprised and touched, because who orders flowers for their husbands on Valentine's day? And despite heavy rains, the package was delivered at exactly 10:28 am on February 14.

The arrangement is perfect for a man - not overly feminine, with vibrant, tropical foliage - the colors are absolutely gorgeous. He kept the bouquet at his office until the weekend, then brought them home. They are placed beside a floral arrangement my husband got for me on Valentine's Day. 4 days later, the flowers in the other bouquet are beginning to wilt, but the Bouqs one is still fresh. I love that the Bouqs flowers are sustainably grown and cut fresh at the farm only when they are ordered. I would certainly order from Bouqs again.

Hi Lee Ann,

We are delighted to know that your husband enjoyed his Bouq! Thank you for the feedback and for supporting our sustainably-sourced flowers. We hope to continue to exceed your expectations.

Quinn @ The Bouqs

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I have needed to reach out to the Bouqs team for support twice now, and each time they are amazing! The first time, I sent an email request for support, and the first person to email me back was helpful, but maybe only 3 stars. Yet I promptly received another email going into further detail and resolving the issue - all without any further action needed on my part. And the second time, I needed to change my scheduled orders and the gentleman I chatted with made sure to let me know what he was doing, why it wasn't working for me to begin with, processed the correct order, and then let me know what to expect for future scheduled orders.

Everyone has been so accommodating, and they stay with you through the entire process, not passing you from one rep to another. They go above and beyond to make sure my needs are met. I truly appreciate the support team, and it makes me a very grateful customer - both because the flowers are gorgeous, and because their customer service is top notch!

Hi Kayla,

Thank you so much for your honest and wonderful feedback! We are so glad to hear that the Customer Service team has come through to help you whenever you needed. We hope you continue to enjoy your Bouqs!

Edith @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Have had a consistently good experience with both the product and service at Bouqs. The flowers are unique and beautiful and the bouquets are always carefully packaged and just as I ordered. One of my Bouqs got stuck in customs during the holiday season, and Bouqs credited me the full price for a replacement even though customs delays are completely out of their control. CS is always quick to respond, polite, and cheerful. I hope you folks are around for a long time to come, you're my go-to flower delivery service, period.

Hi Liz,

Yay! We are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Bouq experience! We are sorry to hear about your flowers being stuck in customs, but glad that our Customer Support Team was able to take care of you. We hope to continue to wow you with our farm fresh flowers and great customer service!

Edith @The Bouqs Co.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bouqs Company?

Original review: July 4, 2019

Updated on 07/14/2019: After a weeks of back and forth with this company (see my July 4th review- dead flowers with some sort of fungus), I was given a credit to order a new bouquet. I ordered the Atlas bouquet with my credit, which is listed on their site as 10 blush peonies. I've attached a photo of what I thought I was ordering. I received a mix of different colored peonies that are half dead and have many brown petals (photos attached). The company's only response to this was that I could get 20% off my next order. I truly thought they would try to make this right, but apparently they do not care about the quality of their flowers or if your delivery matches what you ordered. STAY AWAY from this company unless you like wasting time and money.

Origial Review: STAY AWAY! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I received the $70 Leo bouquet last Friday, June 28th. By Sunday, the flowers, stems, and leaves had a brown fungus on them. I emailed customer support with photos on Monday. I was told this is how they are supposed to look. They asked for more photos in an email Tuesday. I sent more photos Tuesday and was asked to send more on Wednesday, so I did. I received an email stating that the company would be resolving the issue. By today, the flowers were rotting so I threw them away. I received a reply today asking for MORE PHOTOS of the dead flowers I threw away after I was told the situation would be resolved. I still have not had a resolution. Buy your flowers at the grocery store instead of from Bouqs, you will be treated better and save $$$.

The Bouqs Company response
We're so sorry for the way your request has been handled by our team, Anne. Although our protocol can be to ask for updated photos, there should not have been a repeated request for these after the second time you sent us details of your order. We'd be happy to revisit this request for you immediately. Please look out for an email from a member of our support team shortly.

Sincerely, Scarlett @The Bouqs Co.

Original review: July 4, 2019

This has been my first and very likely my last time using Bouqs. I ordered flowers as a surprise for my long-distance boyfriend in New York City, setting a delivery date for Tuesday, June 25th. On that date, I received a confirmation email from Bouqs that my order had been delivered. My boyfriend did not mention their arrival to me on that day. As it turns out, the bouquet arrived on Wednesday, July 3rd, over a week after I had received the email confirming their arrival. The flowers were nearly dead, after being stuffed in a box for eleven days. (According to the first email about my order's shipment, the bouquet was prepared on Saturday, June 22nd, though the reliability of these emails seems to be in question.)

I was mostly disappointed in Bouqs because of their lie about delivering on time. If a shipment is going to be late, at least be upfront about it, rather than trying to fool me with an automated response confirming that everything has gone according to plan, following up only with promotional emails about summer flower sales, with no regard for the fact that my boyfriend's bouquet was dying in an unopened box. A true waste of $40.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 3, 2019

I purchased flowers for my mother that I spend 85$ on for her birthday. The flowers arrived dead and it was an awful gift that caused more problems than it was worth. I was not reimbursed the full amount of my order and the entire customer service experience was slow and robotic.

Hi Meg,

We can't apologize enough for this frustrating experience during this special occasion. This is certainly not the experience or quality we aim to provide and will work to make this right by you. We'd be happy to immediately look into this request for you and not take much more of your time. Please look out for an email from a member of our team shortly.

Sincerely, Scarlett @The Bouqs Co.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 2, 2019

Ordered 3 bunches of sunflowers, and 3 bunches of tulips - total order was about $200. Sunflowers arrived dry and as i picked them out of the box to cut the stems and place in water, the leaves and petals started falling off. The tulips arrived in no better condition. To date, I have thrown out all the flowers as they looked pitiful and all the petals were falling off just making a mess (flowers should last more than 4 days!) Beware, the pictures on the website are no way representative of what you actually receive!

The Bouqs Company response

Hi James, We are sorry about your recent experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention as this is certainly not the level of quality we hold ourselves to. We see that this case has already been resolved by a member of our support team. We will be using this feedback to investigate the quality issues you have mentioned. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions. Sincerely, Scarlett @The Bouqs Co.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 26, 2019

I would run, not walk away from this brand. I ordered an original bouquet of Asiatic lilies for my aunt's funeral, whom I cannot attend because it's in another state. My family received the bouquet as completely closed buds. When I got in touch with customer service, the person had no empathy whatsoever, and proceeded to say that the bouquet is supposed to arrive that way (as noted in the ad). However, the advertising is very sneaky - despite the ad showing a picture of a full bouquet of flowers, there is a comment at the BOTTOM of the listing, which you may not see if you are ordering from a small device, like a cell phone. It says that the bouquet's flowers will arrive with closed buds.

There are also pages in the website that assure that the flowers coming from florist partners will arrive "In full bloom and arranged to a designer's touch." Mind you, there is no clear designation in the website advertising, as far as which bouquets are coming direct from farm or not. Furthermore, wouldn't a farmer be considered a "florist partner"? Seeing as there are many similar reviews of dissatisfaction, the owners must be aware of the discrepancy, but decline to make a transparent website.

Going back to the customer service rep, he flat out denied helping me in any capacity until I continued to push, and I still didn't receive a refund, only an opportunity to place another order with Bouqs using a credit. What a horrific way to treat a sensitive issue. I may as well mention also, that I had placed an order with Bouqs about a year ago, with the same issue; closed peony buds, however, they never opened and browned. I guess shame on me, for giving the brand another try. I for one, will use the aforementioned credit on myself and run.

Hi Christina,

We're sorry for your frustrating experience during this difficult time. A member of our management team has already reached out to you directly via email regarding this incident. Please let us know if you have any questions or if you have not received the email yet. We will work to ensure this is made right.

Sincerely, Scarlett @The Bouqs

The Bouqs Company expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Bouqs Company is an on-trend floral delivery service that offers gorgeous flowers delivered directly from eco-friendly farms around the world to your door. Bouquets range from $50 to $90 and you can also opt for a subscription delivery service to keep the flowers coming at a reduced price.

• Bouquet variety: Bouqs has lots of great options no matter what the occasion. Choose from classics like roses, tulips or lillies to more exotic and unusual choices like brisbane, orchids or succulents. You can opt for a single-variety bouquet or a blended bouquet.

• Eco-conscious: Bouqs sources its flowers from environmentally friendly, sustainable farms around the world. As you shop, you can see a photo of the farmer responsible for a particular bouquet and information about where they’re located (most are in California and South America). The farmers cut and ship the flowers as they are ordered, which reduces waste.

• Happiness Guarantee: The Bouqs Co. promises to stand by their products. If you’re not happy with your flowers or delivery experience, you can contact them and they guarantee they will make it right.

• Pricing: Most bouquet options come in three sizes: Original, Deluxe and Grand. Prices range from around $50 to $90 and many bouquets also come with free delivery. You can add on a vase for about $12.

• Subscription options: Want fresh flowers on a regular schedule? You can sign up for floral delivery on your own schedule: Choose once a week, twice a month or monthly delivery. You’ll also save 20 percent and enjoy free shipping if you subscribe.

• Best for: people who want an eco-friendly floral delivery and those interested in subscription floral delivery.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs