1.74/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 14, 2017

152 The Bouqs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I order flowers from The Bouqs two weeks before my girlfriend's birthday. On the day, no flowers. So I called and emailed but got nothing. After four days of wondering and trying to get a hold of someone they finally arrived DEAD. She literally throw them out. AWFUL EXPERIENCE. I have now called and emails 12+ times and still no answer... Just called the bank for a charge back and sent them photos.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I have used The Bouqs for a couple of years for monthly delivery for 2 family members. However last year I had a problem with their billing process. I like to pay once a year but they weren't able to accept that so I waited a year and tried again. This year they have taken my one year payment but have only delivered flowers once in three months. They seem to have some problems and I hope they are able to solve them. They have great flowers at a reasonable price.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I ordered a deluxe order of flowers for my husband, they were delivered the very next day! Each flower was individually wrapped, and smelled awesome. Just as the picture showed. My husband, who is the greatest man ever, truly loved them. Happy with the company and the products so far. :)

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I've ordered from Bouqs on at least 3 separate occasions now. Sometimes having multiple orders sent to the same address on the same day. On every occasion, I have received exactly what I ordered and on time. The major draw to me is that these are flowers sustainably picked from around the world, and shipped fresh, at a competitive price point. I have always been very pleased with the arrangements that have arrived. The flowers have always been stunning, vibrant, and enduring.

Many have complained that the arrangements they receive do not resemble the pictures. This may be a case of the consumer not reading the description as many of the arrangements shown on the website are seasonal arrangements that leave the actual flowers included up to the discretion of the grower and they very clearly indicate that the arrangement may not resemble that of the picture. I have always read the description before I have purchased, and I have not had any issue.

Some also may not be impressed with the simple presentation. They are safely packed into a rectangular cardboard box and shipped. They are shipped in a single bunch per price point. The base level is 1 bunch of flowers, the deluxe is 2 bunches of flowers, and the grand is 3 bunches of flowers. In my experience, these bunches are all the same. You are just paying for more flowers, which is readily indicated on the website. These flowers do not come pre-arranged to make a stunning impact when the box is opened, nor are they wrapped in lace and tissue paper or what-not. A little effort is required on your part to put them in the vase, add the included flower food, and adjust them to look nice.

Overall I am extremely satisfied with the products I have received for the money I have spent. I feel that this is a far less commercial endeavor such as most places I have ordered flowers from. I believe this flower company targets specifically the consumer that is concerned about the preservation of the environment and appreciating nature in a way that doesn't negatively impact it. It's a different kind of flower company, and it is a good thing.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My recipients, mostly people in their 80s and 90s, have all been very pleased with their Bouqs. I don't understand all the negative reviews. The website clearly describes how the flowers will arrive and what to do to take care of them. If you follow the directions they bloom beautifully and last for a very long time--longer than most cut flowers--and have a wonderful aroma. As for the reviewers who seem *shocked* that their flowers come from ECUADOR... Are you really so ignorant that you don't know where commercial flowers at Walmart and the grocery stores come from? Not only are the vast majority of those flowers from foreign countries, they are most likely from farms that use environment destroying farming practices and horrible labor conditions.

The only problem I ever had with Bouqs was with a local "artisanal" florist that they had contracted with near the place of delivery in Ohio. I was furious at the time since the flowers weren't delivered when they should have been, but the florist and Bouqs made up for it in customer service and the credits they offered me. I have never had a problem when ordering from one of their South American or California farms. Bouqs is one of the good guys and is a company that should be supported. Bouqs provides sustainable source for flowers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Bouqs?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My experience with Bouqs has been positive both as a recipient and as someone sending flowers to a friend. The flowers gifted to me were in bud form as described and opened beautifully within the day. The flowers lasted for a good while with care and changing out the water demo-regularly, etc. A portion are still thriving now, about a month later. The experience with being gifted the flowers led me to want to gift them to a friend. They arrived on time and appeared to be as described. The order was without a vase, however, because the one that arrived to me was dented, so it seemed not worth the $12. Essentially it's been all positive - it is surprising to see that others have not had the same experience.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Bought my mother the largest order of vibrant and colorful tulips. First birthday for her without my dad, who used to buy her a table full of beautiful flowers every year. I wanted to make it both familiar, but special by getting her tons of colorful flowers. Bouqs send ALL WHITE TULIPS. White flowers for her birthday after her husband died of brain cancer. Colors may vary doesn't even begin to explain how purple, pink, and white were instead all white. Was so disappointed. For a flower company, they sure didn't consider the meaning of particular colors and flowers. The company sent another order of the same flowers at no charge. Great. More white flowers to remind us.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I have ordered now twice, both times disappointed! I gave them the 2nd chance just to give them one more try. My mistake! Contacted customer service and got no satisfaction. Never as the picture show for the size bouquet that I have ordered. What flowers there are. Sad! Never ordering from them again and I suggest you don't either.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I made the mistake of choosing "Designer's Choice" and I also picked the deluxe which is the more expensive option. It was the laziest looking arrangement for $70+. I submitted a complaint to no avail. I would've been better off spending half the money and having a friend put together some flowers from a grocery store or just shopping somewhere else where I have received consistent service.

I was told that because the flowers were of good quality there was nothing they could do. The picture and description of "designer's choice" is incredibly misleading and overpriced. The take away from this experience is that it basically gives the florist the option to put together a cheap arrangement. Not happy and not using Bouqs again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I ordered 3 separate orders from The Bouqs company from their website. The website had dates by the floral arrangements. So I ordered from what I thought would be the accurate bouquet for the flowers. The pictures are extremely misleading. I sent an arrangement to my supervisor and a few of my professors. I was so shocked and underwhelmed, as the flowers did not look anything like what the pictures on the website showed. They were about 12 stems of green plants. No flowers at all. We trimmed them and placed in the tin vase we purchased from Bouqs and waited a day to see if something magical would happen. Nothing flowered.

After 3-4 days, I e-mailed The Bouqs and asked for a refund and was told to give the flowers more time. I contacted them again and asked for a refund and they told me to watch the video on flower care. After 6 days the stems started dying and after much consideration, I realize that I have been duped. The orders I ordered double the flowers, not at all. So, my only recourse is to warn people about this less than reputable company. Not worth the money, energy, frustration or embarrassment. My supervisor and Professors think I was playing a joke on them. For my $190.00 - I received bad product and service. Avoid The Bouqs folks.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

The order was for a dying friend's birthday (she probably won't be here next year). The order was never delivered (3 days now) even when I wrote many email starting on the supposedly delivery date. Terrible experience! Please don't buy from them.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I ordered flowers that were beautiful on their website. When my daughter in law got them; vase was broken and flowers were in bud form. I asked for a refund but they said give it 2 or 3 days for the flowers to bloom and if they don’t open let them know.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

When seeking a delivery service, you would expect them to execute the one, simple, thing expected of them, right? Wrong. My fiancé planned two weeks prior to our anniversary to have flowers delivered to my office. The day came and I was left wondering if he had forgotten. The DELIVERY company was incapable of DELIVERING the flowers on the set date. Instead, they showed up a day after, shriveled and dead. A nice gesture from my loved one was soiled due to unprofessional service and a sub-par product. When I consulted customer service, they sent a template apology without reimbursement or full refund. Total scam.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I order flowers every year to send to my mother for my deceased grandmothers birthday. I have a account with ProFlowers and usually order from them, However ProFlowers the last two orders came were wilted & dead by the time they got to my moms house. So this year I decided to look around for more quality flowers. Found the Bouqs website with many Growers from all over the world.

The Bouqs has videos & background information on all the flowers & Farmers. I was really impressed by the large assortment & the given product knowledge. I ordered the "dawn" flowers. They were bright orange with darker orange tips, just beautiful. Ok so the order is made and I ALWAYS read reviews before buying but this time I skipped because of the great presentation. I must say the flowers did come in great packaging as well as instructions. Yes the flowers were in buds at first but I would rather the flowers be blooming so I can experience the beauty V.S. having the flowers arrive DEAD & broken flowers like ProFlowers sent on many occasions. So now I have ordered the rainbow flowers from The Bouqs and I love them. No complaints, great flowers & great service & packaging!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

When I tried to use the two Groupons I purchased for $20 off each order, the "free shipping" offer disappeared, but not until I got to check-out, so I had to start over again. In the end I actually "saved" only $5 on one order and $10 on the other. More importantly, Bouqs' "100% Happiness guarantee" is also false. I ordered 2 double bouquets. One bunch in each order was wilted in 24 hours and the other bunch within 3 days. (Flowers that I get for $5 at Wal-Mart last at least a week.) Lastly, their customer "service" was horrible. They told me I had to text them photos of the wilted flowers before they'd believe me, but then gave me a bogus/non-functioning number and email to which I was to send the photos. In the end, even with the minimal savings, I still paid more than any other flower service I've ever used (and I've used many) for far inferior quality. I will never use them again and recommend that nobody does.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I ordered an expensive bouquet from Bouqs and the flowers arrived in poor condition. Many buds were broken off, flowers in shock from being dry and overheated, etc. I tried them again, and the flowers arrived in better shape than my first order but they were shipped from ECUADOR. The box was open (must have been inspected and not resealed at customs) and, again, some buds were broken off, leaves had fallen off, no care instructions or flower food enclosed, not in good shape. I'm NOT looking for Consumer Affairs to intervene, but instead I'm writing to alert others about the condition of their flowers upon arrival!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I have ordered multiple arrangements from Bouqs and all have been beautiful! The flowers arrive very quickly and in great shape. No dead or wilted ones. I highly recommend this company (In the event you order lilies, tulips, etc they will arrive in bud form. As they should!).

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE! Sent flowers to my out-of-town boyfriend for his birthday. The Bouqs delivery system which is FedEx just didn't try to deliver. They claimed the business wasn't open at 9:20 am on a Friday - which is not true. It's a place of business that is staffed by 8 am every week day. The Bouqs "customer service" said they would try again on Monday! Three day old cut flowers, not on the day promised which was the birthday, is completely not what I ordered. This is a pathetic performance for a company that sells execution. The "100% happiness guarantee" icon on the website is a joke.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Flowers were delivered half dead/wilted. All the vials were empty. No water in them and these flowers were "said" to be overnight because FedEx screwed up on the first order that did not get redelivered as FedEx stated they would redeliver next day and DID NOT! So this, a week later, was suppose to be the second order of so called FRESH FLOWERS! WHICH WERE ANYTHING BUT FRESH! Back and forth with customer service, the two woman I spoke with were very nice and did apologize for all the inconvenience but the gentleman that emailed me kept dancing around the issue saying I needed to wait for the flowers to perk up once in water. I have NEVER had to wait for flowers to PERK UP! REALLY!!! I emailed him four times telling him the same thing that there was no water in the vials and that overnight flowers should not be dead/wilted etc etc!

Both FedEx and Bouqs Flowers are to blame here. The person that packaged the flowers obviously does not know what dead flowers look like and had no clue that you're suppose to put water in those vials that are attached to stems etc!! My granddaughter had ordered them for me for my 70th birthday and she had to go through so much annoyance to try and get things straightened out when she should not have had that much trouble, but after emailing back and forth with an Alex I can understand why she was so frustrated! He just was not getting all of what was done or should I say NOT done! He then gives me a $20.00 credit for all my aggravation. I had to sign up for an account just to be able to send the pictures of the flowers and address my concerns.

I then was going to send my granddaughter flowers for all the trouble she had and guess what there are NO flowers under $40.00 and I am on a very fixed income. I cannot afford much of anything. That really annoyed me because at first I was told I would get a gift card and then he gives me a credit that I cannot and will not use and I told him so in yet another email that it was an insult to me for him to do that because it was their way of trying to get more business. NOT HAPPENING! They can keep their $20.00 and I told him that! They did give my granddaughter back her money and a gift card after all her problems with them but that also took a lot of her time and patience and at first they were not going to give her a refund!! She was beyond annoyed!!!

They need to own up to their mistakes as well as who they hire to deliver their flowers dead or alive!! AND they have a HAPPINESS GUARANTEE!! REALLY!! And they put at the end of that guarantee IF APPROPRIATE. And guess who makes that decision!! That is a joke!! I almost forgot the card that they typed out with what my granddaughter wanted to say to me. They typed FORNTHE instead of FOR THE. They obviously do not check their work or what they type on cards... VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE WHOLE DAMN EXPERIENCE!!

As far as order number they could not give me that information. I was told there were two order numbers. I said, "Ok. What are they." They said. "Oh we don't have them. It only says there were two orders." And then I said, "Yes and BOTH WERE SCREWED UP!" The woman again apologized. It was not her fault. She just works there in customer service, but Alex just did not get it!! Since they did not give me an order number I will give you my granddaughter's email. Maybe that will help. It's **. So with all of the above said I am DONE!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

We ordered flowers for a memorial service, and they let us know late afternoon/early evening the day before they were scheduled to arrive (a week+ after we ordered) that they would be canceling the order / couldn't fulfill it. Words cannot explain how appalled I was with the service provided. We wrote in explaining how upset we were and they never even wrote us back.

Original review: July 31, 2017

The first time I ordered from The Bouqs, I sent two bouquets, and neither of the recipients ever said anything negative about them. I did not see either bouquet, so I don't know if they were just being nice. One of them was my mother, after all. This time, I purchased a license code from DudeIWantThat.com. It was a deal where you pay them $35 for a $50 code that you can put toward purchasing a bouquet on Bouqs. I went online to Bouqs and began placing an order for a $50 bouquet, and it said it could not put it in my cart, but didn't say why not.

I called customer service who, after several holds and a promise of a callback or an email notification (neither of which ever happened), when I called them again said they had "a bug in their system" and they would try to fix it, but in the meantime, I could log out and order the bouquet as a guest instead. They offered to give a $15 gift card to cover the shipping on the bouquet. When I asked if a license code and gift card would work on the same transaction, they said they would not. Here's the problem.

I already paid for the bouquet, I paid $35. I already have an account on their website, and when you order on your account, you don't have to pay the $15 shipping. So if I use my account, and use the license code, I pay $35 total. But their system has a bug, so I can't do that, and they can't bypass it. If I pay as a guest, I can use either the license code or the gift card, but I have to pay shipping. If I use the license code, I still have to pay the $15, and then what was supposed to cost me $35 total ends up costing me $50. But their system has a bug so I can't do that either.

If I use the gift card and not the license code, then I pay $35 for the wasted license code, and $50 for the bouquet with free shipping, so I pay $85 total. This was not a financial solution, this was simply the company saying they had a problem with their system and they wanted me to pay for their problem. It is not my fault you hired a sub-par IT team. If in the hypothetical situation that all of your equipment and systems are working properly, I get to buy a bouquet for $35 - then in the very real situation where none of your systems are working properly, you should make good and make sure I still get to buy a bouquet for $35. That's called customer service. Welcome to running a business, instead of running one into the ground. At this point, it seems I have to eat my $35 license code and will be getting no flowers. I would only do business with Bouqs again if they made good on this ridiculous joke.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I ordered a few bouquets from Bouqs.com that were beautiful. But the third and fourth orders were so disappointing. I sent an email with pictures of the third bouquet and they did give me a credit. I recently used the credit and ordered the same bouquet from their website to be sent to a different location. The bouquet I ordered from their website had roses, hydrangeas, pink accents and beautiful filler. (Picture below)

I ordered the bouquet on Friday, July 21 to be delivered in Scottsdale on Tuesday, July 25 between 9-11 am. The bouquet, picture below, was delivered around 2:00 pm (hours later than requested) and this is what was received... no roses, no hydrangeas, (those could be seasonal, but roses are not). I need to reiterate the same feelings I had on the previous bouquet I sent, I could have gone to the grocery and picked up ten bunches plus delivery and had an amazing looking bouquet for $75, instead of what was delivered.

I have referred their company, spoke highly about it on Facebook and shared with friends across the country how great they were. My last complaint told them I DID NOT want a credit, I would not refer their company or use it again and I would review it with these facts. I am truly sad that the concept of their company could not be reflected in the product they deliver. I'm beginning to understand why they do not have a customer service telephone number on their website, possibly too many complaints?

Original review: July 26, 2017

First, I sent these to a friend who lost her spouse. Never heard anything. I assumed they were delivered. Second time I sent them for a friend who was just diagnosed with cancer. First a week after I placed order they were cancelled because the date I was able to select for delivery was actually more money than on the website was showing... So they just cancelled it.

A week later I finally placed another order. She posted pictures of her bouquet and it was the small size when I paid over twice as much for the large size with vase. No vase was delivered, just a box. Third time shortly after that I was sent a mix of tulips and iris from my birthday from a friend who thought I liked Bouqs. They came warm and dead. Flowers are brown and wilted. Printer ink was even running out when my card was printed and I had to decipher it. Later I found out that the first person I sent flowers to received something totally different. Their smallest cheapest bouquet available. I spent so much time choosing the perfect bouquet and every time the order was wrong. I will never use this company again.

Original review: July 23, 2017

Terrible service. Flowers arrived dead and late. Then I called for a refund and couldn't get a hold of anyone after ringing for 15 minutes. Still haven't received a callback or email. Going to the bank for a refund!!!

Original review: July 21, 2017

I am now dealing with my second disappointing experience with this company. The first go-around, I ordered a standard bouquet of roses. The roses arrived on time, but were wilted and nearly dead upon arrival. I immediately followed up with customer service. I was assured that the roses would come back to life once put into a vase with the proper nutrients. Well, 5 days after doing so, the flowers never regained life and were basically dead. I was never offered a refund or alternative (100% satisfaction guarantee?).

The only reason I gave The Bouqs a second chance is because their company listed Peonies in stock during the off-season. I ordered a bouquet of peonies on a Thursday afternoon and paid extra to have them delivered on a Saturday. On a Friday afternoon (a full 24 hours after I placed the order), customer service reached out to me. They informed me due to an increase in demand, they would not be able to send the Peonies. The Bouqs listed 3 different bouquet options on their website, and I find it hard to believe all 3 were sold out within 24 hours of me placing an order.

I am most appalled with the level of customer service. Instead of offering me a replacement (at no additional cost) or a discount on a future order of some sort, I was given nothing but a refund and apology. Never have I experienced such lackadaisical and careless customer service. I will not be ordering from them again and will spread the word that this is not a company you can rely on.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I ordered a few bouquets to see how they looked before my good friend's bridal shower as I knew Bouqs would be perfect for wildflowers. Easy transport and they last long. When they arrived to my office I was surprised that Bouqs sent extra flowers! Everyone in the office was so happy. Our day was a little brighter because of the Bouqs team. Amazing. I adore Bouqs.

Original review: June 7, 2017

My sister in law sent flowers to my mother, who happened to be out of town so I picked up the flowers. I was appalled by the poor condition of the flowers and contacted the company (with photos), assuming they would be happy to have the opportunity to send a replacement before the sender or recipient even knew what happened. Not so. They told me the best they could do would be to credit the sender's account for $15. When my mother arrived, I gave her the flowers. She obviously appreciated the thought but we both felt bad for my sister in law, and didn't want to tell her what a mess it was.

A few weeks later, an ad from Bouqs was directed at me on Facebook. I told them, publicly, to take me off their lists and why. They reached out and said they would like to make it right. "Great," I said. "I simply wanted my mother to get a replacement bouquet." "No problem," I was told. I would just need to put give them a credit card number to create an account, they would then give me a credit to use toward a replacement bouquet, and they would remove the $15 credit from my SIL's account. Alternatively, my SIL could contact them and they would give her the full credit, which she could use towards a future purchase or to resend a replacement bouquet. Really? They can't simply replace the bouquet? I decided the whole thing wasn't even worth it. Would never deal with this company.

Original review: June 4, 2017

1.0 star rating 6/4/2017. First to Review. I ordered what looked to be a beautiful expensive orchid from this site and it showed up broken and without most of the flowers on it. 4 emails back and forth asking for a refund from The Bouqs garnered nothing more than asking for more pictures. I did send pictures with the initial email and they still refuse to refund me OR offer a replacement. With the number of online florists out there you would think they would do a better job at keeping their customers happy. Never again.

Original review: June 2, 2017

After receiving a very sad looking bunch of flowers I decided to call Bouqs.com - how convenient they don't have a contact number!!! After reading the reviews it became quite obvious I wasn't the only disappointed recipient of gifts sent from this company. How are they still in business?? My flowers arrived the day after they were sent but were in shocking condition. The roses and other flowers were all damaged and wilted. It looked like something you would send someone you didn't like!! This is not acceptable. Friends paid good money for this nice thought. Unfortunately, their delivery of this product leaves a lot to be desired. Long story short - Stay away.

Original review: June 2, 2017

We ordered flowers through The Bouqs, with a delivery date for the Friday before mother's day. They didn't make it that day, but we were promised they would get there on that Saturday. They were not delivered at all and from the tracking data appear to have died in a Fedex warehouse in Denver. We received a voucher to reorder and placed the order again. The flowers did NOT arrive on the promised delivery date the second time either. They did show up a couple days later, after I complained and had to really argue to get my money back. The Bouqs almost didn't give me money back and blamed the delivery issues on FedEx. I am glad I called when I did because the flowers she ended up getting were hideous. They looked nothing like what we ordered, were sparse, and mostly dead. They definitely did not look professional. I will never use this service again and would discourage anyone else from using them too.

The Bouqs Company Information