Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.35/5

97 Slim-Fast Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I have tried Slim Fast two different times. What really makes this eating plan work, is by following their directions, 1-2-3, and by drinking lots of water. The water seems to be the key here. The second time I went on this eating plan, I had forgotten to drink lots of water and the weight would go up and down and not move much. Once I remembered to increase my water intake, the weight really started dropping off. I drink a minimum of two 24 oz bottles of water per day (sometimes a little more if I find myself really thirsty from my long walks--and yes, you do need to exercise). You MUST make your new eating habits a life-time thing in order to keep the weight off. Do not go back to your old eating habits like I did.

I have dropped 10 lbs now and my blood pressure has lowered to within the normal range again. I did not want to have to go on blood pressure medicine and that was my biggest motivator this second time around. I am considering this my last go-round and am determined to maintain my healthy weight for life. I have not experienced any of the side effects that people have mentioned with this product. I guess every "body" is different though. I highly recommend Slim Fast - what have you got to lose except extra unwanted weight.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I have been reading all the 1 star given to the Slim-Fast drink products. I for the life of me cannot imagine these are the same drinks I’ve been drinking for a year now. I have never had any of the issues people are complaining about. I have tried all the flavors of the advanced Slim-Fast shakes. I love the caramel and the cappuccino delight. In the year I have been drinking the shakes I have lost 30 #’s and feel great. I use my own snacks during the day such as cheese sticks or summer sausage sticks. It is the easiest diet to stick with. It’s not a diet plan but a way of life plan. I am 74 yrs young and it is difficult to lose weight. My BP and cholesterol have improved over the year. I’m so glad I gave Slim-Fast a chance.

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I love the taste and consistency of the Chocolate (bottled) shake, I was never hungry on this program. I had 2 shakes a day, a reasonable dinner and I lost 11 pounds in 2 months. I also used my stationary bike 30 minutes a day. I didn't need snacks. My only complaint is on more than one occasion my shake had lumps in it even though the expiration date was well in the future. It seemed to me the product wasn't mixed well enough because the taste was perfect, not spoiled. However, this makes me not sure about buying it again BUT I love Slim-Fast. I am 67 years old so weight doesn't come off too easy. I miss my Slim-Fast.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I'm not really sure where all of the negative reviews are coming from. I started Slim-Fast a year ago and in 6 months I lost 16 pounds! I am usually horrible when it comes to dieting but the Slim-Fast plan is pretty straightforward and if you really stick to it and don't cheat you will get results! It takes time but it works. The only complaints I do have are the shakes normally don't keep me full for too long and they are high in sugar but otherwise I love Slim-Fast!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

How an 83 year old uses Slim-Fast for a better life! When are people going to figure out that going on a diet to lose weight it takes time to work. My Slim-Fast Diet is as follows: Morning - one six ounce glass of Prune Juice and one bottle of Slim Fast Original. Noon - one bottle of Slim Fast Original. Five PM - a salad with one cup of shredded lettuce, dressing, and sliced black olives and one bottle of Slim-Fast. I have lost ten pounds in the first month of dieting. When I gain those extra ten to twenty pounds this diet plan goes into action! AND IT WORKS!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Slim-Fast?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I purchased 3 cans of Diabetic Slim-Fast. I opened the Vanilla Milkshake for the first time ever! The container was only 1/2 full. So I opened the 2 Chocolate containers and found it contained a little over 1/2. This is a scam. I reported it to Amazon. IMG_4544.JPG. IMG_4545.JPG. I will not be purchasing anymore Slim-Fast. Placed pictures on Facebook.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

There were not a ton of options and the shakes quickly became boring. I did not find them filling enough and did not see anything unique about the program to make it stand out.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

It is a good program and works fairly well. I found that there were not enough options for me to provide enough variety to keep me interested and actively engaged in using the products. I found that I was not feeling full enough and satisfied most of the time. More variety and flavors in options offered would greatly help the program.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

If you follow their plan you start getting dizzy and light headed by the afternoon because your sugar level drops because all you had that day was their shakes for breakfast and lunch.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

When doing this I felt full. I did not want to snack at all. Stuck to my meal plan. Here my skin cleared up, my hair started to grow and I had a glow to me. Was awesome.

Slim-Fast expert review by JJ Virgin

Two meals a day are replaced with protein and fiber-rich shakes, bars or cookies and combined with post-meal, low-calorie snacks. One week of shake mix starts around $7. Supplements also available.

• Variety of plans: In addition to SlimFast’s original plan, there are also ones designed for advanced nutrition, advanced energy, diabetic needs and Keto dieters.

• Free quick-start guide: Users can pick a date on the SlimFast website and have a free quick-start guide emailed to them outlining how the program works.

• No prep: Meal replacement shakes can be purchased pre-made or packaged bars and cookies can be used in place of shakes. Pre-portioned, 100-calorie snacks are also available.

• Support network: SlimFast Together is a Facebook support group where you can talk to fellow dieters and also chat with brand ambassadors and those who have successfully lost and kept weight off.

• Nationwide availability: Products are available at stores and supermarkets nationwide or can be delivered through e-commerce sites. Items can also be purchased in bulk.

• Online resources: The SlimFast website contains recipes and tips, as well as nutritional information and coupons.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Slim-Fast Company Information