Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.39/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

SlimFast is a weight loss and diet plan that makes protein-enriched shakes and other weight loss products. Slimfast’s 3-2-1 program (three snacks, two shakes and one meal a day) helps you lose weight and curb hunger through meal replacements. Find out if SlimFast is right for you by visiting their profile today.

BOTTOM LINE

SlimFast is a weight loss program that uses meal replacement products like shakes and snacks to help customers reach their goal weight.

PROS

• Built-in calorie counting
  • Keto, diabetic and low-carb options
  • Available in grocery stores everywhere
  • Vegetarian products and recipes
  • No foods are off-limits

CONS

• Doesn’t teach portion control
  • No personalized support

Top SlimFast Reviews

I started Slim-Fast a year ago and in 6 months I lost 16 pounds! I am usually horrible when it comes to dieting but the Slim-Fast plan is pretty straightforward and if you really stick to it and don't cheat you will get results! It takes time but it works.

What is SlimFast?

SlimFast is a short-term weight loss program that uses meal replacement products to help you lose weight. The company’s 3-2-1 plan teaches participants to lose weight by having three snacks, two shakes and one meal every day. To get started on a SlimFast diet plan, visit its website and fill out the sign-up form with your name, email address, age and gender.

Once SlimFast receives this information, the company sends you a free SlimFast Quick-Start Guide with tips, tricks and recipes to jump-start your weight loss journey.

No foods are off-limits on the SlimFast diet. When you buy the company’s packaged snacks, you don’t have to worry about portion control or counting calories except when you’re eating your one meal of the day. While there’s no formal program, SlimFast encourages participants to exercise regularly to get the best weight loss results.

SlimFast products

SlimFast products are available everywhere in the United States. While its most popular product is the signature SlimFast shake, the company has other weight loss products, including:

• 100-calorie snack packs
    • Shake mixes
    • Meal bars
    • Coffee creamer

SlimFast shakes come in regular, low-sugar and high-protein options. Each serving of SlimFast’s original shakes contains 120 to 130 calories, 10 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber and 24 vitamins and minerals. The shakes are gluten-free, lactose-free and have the same amount of caffeine in them as a cup of coffee. There are five flavors:

• Rich Chocolate Royale
    • French Vanilla
    • Strawberries and Cream
    • Cappuccino Delight
    • Creamy Milk Chocolate

SlimFast diet plans

Outside of its original diet plan, SlimFast has expanded its product line to include the following specialized plans:

• Diabetic Weight Loss is a SlimFast plan formulated for Type 2 diabetics that includes meal bars, shake mixes and snacks.
    • Keto is a plan that emphasizes a low-carb and high-fat intake. SlimFast Keto includes shakes, shake mixes, meal bars and snacks designed with minimal carbs and healthy fats to motivate your metabolism.
    • Advanced Energy has more caffeine than your typical coffee. Advanced Energy products give you an extra boost from their high energy content.
    • Advanced Nutrition has fewer carbs and twice the protein. Slimfast Advanced Nutrition’s extra protein curbs your appetite while keeping your sugar intake low.

Does SlimFast work?

SlimFast is a short-term weight loss program that helps you lose excess weight by replacing meals with the company's signature SlimFast shakes. If you’re searching for a quick way to lose weight and don't need structured exercise programs or portion control guidance, SlimFast is a good choice to help lose a few pounds.

SlimFast Reviews

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Well, last year, I was at 245 lbs, I couldn't find anything that would help me lose weight, much less keep it off, not even so called weight loss pills. I started using Slimfast I bought at Walmart here in my town, switching between vanilla and chocolate for the powdered cans. I did try the snack bars, but I didn't really like them. I have found though, that I lost 10 lbs the first time using a combination of Slimfast, using my medical cannabis, and some light excersice, since I have asthma. I am now using it again now that I can afford it again, to try and lose some more weight. I went a good 3 months without using it, but still had a nice surprise of my weight staying off, so here is hoping I can get down to 180 lbs.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

It is a good program and works fairly well. I found that there were not enough options for me to provide enough variety to keep me interested and actively engaged in using the products. I found that I was not feeling full enough and satisfied most of the time. More variety and flavors in options offered would greatly help the program.

Get buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I have tried Slim Fast two different times. What really makes this eating plan work, is by following their directions, 1-2-3, and by drinking lots of water. The water seems to be the key here. The second time I went on this eating plan, I had forgotten to drink lots of water and the weight would go up and down and not move much. Once I remembered to increase my water intake, the weight really started dropping off. I drink a minimum of two 24 oz bottles of water per day (sometimes a little more if I find myself really thirsty from my long walks--and yes, you do need to exercise). You MUST make your new eating habits a life-time thing in order to keep the weight off. Do not go back to your old eating habits like I did.

I have dropped 10 lbs now and my blood pressure has lowered to within the normal range again. I did not want to have to go on blood pressure medicine and that was my biggest motivator this second time around. I am considering this my last go-round and am determined to maintain my healthy weight for life. I have not experienced any of the side effects that people have mentioned with this product. I guess every "body" is different though. I highly recommend Slim Fast - what have you got to lose except extra unwanted weight.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I tried Slim-Fast and loved the results. The shakes are pretty good, chocolate was my go to everyday shake. What was great was my appetite started to shrink and I’ve been able to keep 15lb off! I’d recommend this to all my friends and family.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I have been reading all the 1 star given to the Slim-Fast drink products. I for the life of me cannot imagine these are the same drinks I’ve been drinking for a year now. I have never had any of the issues people are complaining about. I have tried all the flavors of the advanced Slim-Fast shakes. I love the caramel and the cappuccino delight. In the year I have been drinking the shakes I have lost 30 #’s and feel great. I use my own snacks during the day such as cheese sticks or summer sausage sticks. It is the easiest diet to stick with. It’s not a diet plan but a way of life plan. I am 74 yrs young and it is difficult to lose weight. My BP and cholesterol have improved over the year. I’m so glad I gave Slim-Fast a chance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SlimFast?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have medical issues that can make eating difficult & exercising even 30 minutes a day difficult as well. I thought cutting calories, while getting nutrients & protein I was lacking, with an easy answer like pre-mixed SlimFast Advanced shakes was a great idea. It. Was. Not! The "advanced" flavors are actually pretty good. I chose Caramel Latte with extra energy for mornings (really liked this flavor, at first), & alternated between vanilla & strawberry for afternoons. They definitely keep you full! BUT, that's because, if you don't take twice the regular dose of an anti-gas med before drinking them (& occasionally, even if you do) you'll bloat up, usually within a half hour, & feel like a parade float begging its handlers to deflate it & bring it back to a comfy spot on earth to recover! I'm seriously NOT joking! :/

I'd feel a sudden & uncomfortable fullness, then realize that my previously loose shirt had started feeling & actually looking tighter as I watched in horror! Before I could waddle to the gas reliever, the shirt would be so tight & my stomach so badly distended I was sure I'd be asked my due date or be bursting through my clothes & turning into the Hulk at any moment! Oh, the pain & embarrassment! Remember Wonka's fizzy lifting drink? If not, you will shortly after drinking this stuff!

Speaking of embarrassment... the caramel latte claims to have the caffeine of one cup of coffee. Perfect for mornings, right? Wrong! Well, at least not if you plan to breathe in your own home or be around people for the next couple days. It too causes the intense bloating but has the added bonus (??) of making your urine, breathe, & sweat STINK like a rotten version of how the shake smells. It's so potent it will stick with you for at least a day, even if you haven't had another sip, let alone another full bottle.

It's so bad (& only gets worse with each bottle you drink, even if you have another flavor) that it will make you leave the exhaust fan on & try to avoid your own bathroom for days. If you make the unfortunate decision to leave your home, people in public restrooms will undoubtedly ask if you're ok, or ask loudly, if you're lucky enough to not be pinpointed as the source, "Ugh! What is that awful stench?" You'll want to chime in that it IS horrendous in hope that your mutual disgust will keep them from realizing you're the reason they're now nauseated - but don't do it!

If you open your mouth, or even lift an arm to cover your nose with your hand in solidarity, you'll be discovered as the source of the stench! Why? Because, while, admittedly, in slighter lighter tones, the stench does also waft forth from your breath & even a light perspiration that normally would go undetected! Depending on your acting chops, you may be able to pretend it's now adhering to everyone in the vicinity & walk away unscathed as you help innocent bystanders leave the soon to be condemned bathroom. But, more likely, you'll be forced to apologize & explain your misguided quest to get healthier has led you to become a stinky, balloon version of your former self.

Soooo, the flavors aren't bad, going down anyway. That's one star. It definitely keeps you full & not wanting to eat. That's a second star. BUT the reason you don't want to eat, potential embarrassment, pain, & nausea, definitely leave the remaining stars empty - just as I wish I'd left my stomach, & my fridge that's now full of a month's supply of this nightmare in a bottle that I can't return! :'(

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I purchased 3 cans of Diabetic Slim-Fast. I opened the Vanilla Milkshake for the first time ever! The container was only 1/2 full. So I opened the 2 Chocolate containers and found it contained a little over 1/2. This is a scam. I reported it to Amazon. IMG_4544.JPG. IMG_4545.JPG. I will not be purchasing anymore Slim-Fast. Placed pictures on Facebook.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

There were not a ton of options and the shakes quickly became boring. I did not find them filling enough and did not see anything unique about the program to make it stand out.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

If you follow their plan you start getting dizzy and light headed by the afternoon because your sugar level drops because all you had that day was their shakes for breakfast and lunch.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

When doing this I felt full. I did not want to snack at all. Stuck to my meal plan. Here my skin cleared up, my hair started to grow and I had a glow to me. Was awesome.

SlimFast Company Information