3.9/5 (96 ratings)

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About SlimFast

SlimFast is a weight loss and diet plan that makes protein-enriched shakes and other weight loss products. Slimfast’s 3-2-1 program (three snacks, two shakes and one meal a day) helps you lose weight and curb hunger through meal replacements. Find out if SlimFast is right for you by visiting their profile today.

Pros

• Built-in calorie counting
  • Keto, diabetic and low-carb options
  • Available in grocery stores everywhere
  • Vegetarian products and recipes
  • No foods are off-limits

Cons

• Doesn’t teach portion control
  • No personalized support

Bottom Line

SlimFast is a weight loss program that uses meal replacement products like shakes and snacks to help customers reach their goal weight.

Top SlimFast Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I started Slim-Fast a year ago and in 6 months I lost 16 pounds! I am usually horrible when it comes to dieting but the Slim-Fast plan is pretty straightforward and if you really ...

Verified

I love the caramel and the cappuccino delight. In the year I have been drinking the shakes I have lost 30 #’s and feel great. I use my own snacks during the day such as cheese sti...

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

What is SlimFast?

SlimFast is a short-term weight loss program that uses meal replacement products to help you lose weight. The company’s 3-2-1 plan teaches participants to lose weight by having three snacks, two shakes and one meal every day. To get started on a SlimFast diet plan, visit its website and fill out the sign-up form with your name, email address, age and gender.

Once SlimFast receives this information, the company sends you a free SlimFast Quick-Start Guide with tips, tricks and recipes to jump-start your weight loss journey.

No foods are off-limits on the SlimFast diet. When you buy the company’s packaged snacks, you don’t have to worry about portion control or counting calories except when you’re eating your one meal of the day. While there’s no formal program, SlimFast encourages participants to exercise regularly to get the best weight loss results.

SlimFast products

SlimFast products are available everywhere in the United States. While its most popular product is the signature SlimFast shake, the company has other weight loss products, including:

• 100-calorie snack packs
  • Shake mixes
  • Meal bars
  • Coffee creamer

SlimFast shakes come in regular, low-sugar and high-protein options. Each serving of SlimFast’s original shakes contains 120 to 130 calories, 10 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber and 24 vitamins and minerals. The shakes are gluten-free, lactose-free and have the same amount of caffeine in them as a cup of coffee. There are five flavors:

• Rich Chocolate Royale
  • French Vanilla
  • Strawberries and Cream
  • Cappuccino Delight
  • Creamy Milk Chocolate

SlimFast diet plans

Outside of its original diet plan, SlimFast has expanded its product line to include the following specialized plans:

• Diabetic Weight Loss is a SlimFast plan formulated for Type 2 diabetics that includes meal bars, shake mixes and snacks.
  • Keto is a plan that emphasizes a low-carb and high-fat intake. SlimFast Keto includes shakes, shake mixes, meal bars and snacks designed with minimal carbs and healthy fats to motivate your metabolism.
  • Advanced Energy has more caffeine than your typical coffee. Advanced Energy products give you an extra boost from their high energy content.
  • Advanced Nutrition has fewer carbs and twice the protein. Slimfast Advanced Nutrition’s extra protein curbs your appetite while keeping your sugar intake low.

Does SlimFast work?

SlimFast is a short-term weight loss program that helps you lose excess weight by replacing meals with the company's signature SlimFast shakes. If you’re searching for a quick way to lose weight and don't need structured exercise programs or portion control guidance, SlimFast is a good choice to help lose a few pounds.

SlimFast Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SlimFast?

Original review: June 25, 2021

If you keep up with the plan it works. Drinks, food, follow all the instructions. But if you have other conditions such as thyroid and other problems it doesn't work as well but it helps along with the meds. I would say it's a good product overall.

Original review: June 13, 2021

I was unsure about diets altogether but when I started using SlimFast I was surprised to get the results you are trying to achieve with a little exercise. I actually did lose weight while I was using it.

Get buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2021

Easy to use and follow, does not cost that much. Has lots of good products now for meals and snacks. Great flavors and always on sale at local stores or even Amazon. Take with you on the go, no mess or hassle to make anything.

Original review: June 10, 2021

The time I tried Slim Fast for weight loss it worked pretty well. I lost 30 lbs???. But years later I tried again and only lost 10 ☹️. I guess it just depends on the person and what you're going through at the time.

Original review: June 11, 2021

SlimFast it has wonderful taste that fixes Rich. It's more like you're drinking a mulch and then a diet product. I've used it periodically now and then. There's always had good results with it. I don't think I have to say much more than that. That alone should speak for it.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

I actually gained weight drinking these. They seem to make me more hungry than I normally am. I stopped drinking these and actually lost some weight. I don't know what this drink has in it but it seems to make me depressed. I won't ever buy these again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Both my spouse and I have used Slim Fast. I like the chocolate flavor; he likes vanilla. We often make shakes in the morning by putting skim milk, slim fast and ice cubes into our blender. The slim fast comes out thick and frosty and super delicious. Slim fast satisfies our appetite.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I am a big fan of Slim-Fast. I have been taking Slim-Fast for over 10 years. I would recommend anyone to drink Slim-Fast shakes along with a low calorie meal and a exercise regimen but I also would tell anyone to go to the doctor before starting any diet. I will also advise anyone to walk 2 miles a day and do cardio and swimming exercise. I dropped two pants sizes in a year. Slim-Fast comes in a variety of flavors. My favorite was strawberry. I'll have a steak in the morning and during lunch hours and then eat a low calorie meal and I drink plenty of water.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I have tried the SlimFast diet and although they have pretty good food, drinks and snacks they do really work that well. And the food the snacks have a tendency to upset the stomach so I had to stay away from them. Though I lost 20 pounds in 4 months it was I think more of the exercise on my part than the weight lose program.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I purchased the fatbombs by SlimFast as I’m on a Keto diet. First and foremost, they taste like the things dreams are made of. I got the ones with nuts, caramel, and chocolate. There was an issue as in a few had the caramel been all over the packaging Instead of inside the chocolate. I took pictures for proof of issue and purchase of course. I sent an email outlining the issue. They responded very quickly and apologized and asked for my mailing address so they could send a coupon to replace my product! I didn’t have to argue. I didn’t have to debate. They sent out that coupon just as they said.

I put it in my glove box to use the next time I went to the store. I kept forgetting in the car. I finally remembered it so I went to pull it out of the mailed envelope and noticed it expired. I was bummed because this was my fault. Just on a wish I emailed the support person back (Susan D.). She not only responded but said they reprocess my request and send out another! When a company treats their customers like this, they earn my loyalty.

SlimFast Company Information