3.8/5 (251 ratings)

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About SlimFast

SlimFast is a weight loss and diet plan that makes protein-enriched shakes and other weight loss products. Slimfast’s 3-2-1 program (three snacks, two shakes and one meal a day) helps you lose weight and curb hunger through meal replacements. Find out if SlimFast is right for you by visiting their profile today.

Pros

• Built-in calorie counting
  • Keto, diabetic and low-carb options
  • Available in grocery stores everywhere
  • Vegetarian products and recipes
  • No foods are off-limits

Cons

• Doesn’t teach portion control
  • No personalized support

Bottom Line

SlimFast is a weight loss program that uses meal replacement products like shakes and snacks to help customers reach their goal weight.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

SlimFast Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SlimFast?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SlimFast?

Original review: June 18, 2020

I purchased the fatbombs by SlimFast as I’m on a Keto diet. First and foremost, they taste like the things dreams are made of. I got the ones with nuts, caramel, and chocolate. There was an issue as in a few had the caramel been all over the packaging Instead of inside the chocolate. I took pictures for proof of issue and purchase of course. I sent an email outlining the issue. They responded very quickly and apologized and asked for my mailing address so they could send a coupon to replace my product! I didn’t have to argue. I didn’t have to debate. They sent out that coupon just as they said.

I put it in my glove box to use the next time I went to the store. I kept forgetting in the car. I finally remembered it so I went to pull it out of the mailed envelope and noticed it expired. I was bummed because this was my fault. Just on a wish I emailed the support person back (Susan D.). She not only responded but said they reprocess my request and send out another! When a company treats their customers like this, they earn my loyalty.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Well, last year, I was at 245 lbs, I couldn't find anything that would help me lose weight, much less keep it off, not even so called weight loss pills. I started using Slimfast I bought at Walmart here in my town, switching between vanilla and chocolate for the powdered cans. I did try the snack bars, but I didn't really like them. I have found though, that I lost 10 lbs the first time using a combination of Slimfast, using my medical cannabis, and some light excersice, since I have asthma. I am now using it again now that I can afford it again, to try and lose some more weight. I went a good 3 months without using it, but still had a nice surprise of my weight staying off, so here is hoping I can get down to 180 lbs.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have medical issues that can make eating difficult & exercising even 30 minutes a day difficult as well. I thought cutting calories, while getting nutrients & protein I was lacking, with an easy answer like pre-mixed SlimFast Advanced shakes was a great idea. It. Was. Not! The "advanced" flavors are actually pretty good. I chose Caramel Latte with extra energy for mornings (really liked this flavor, at first), & alternated between vanilla & strawberry for afternoons. They definitely keep you full! BUT, that's because, if you don't take twice the regular dose of an anti-gas med before drinking them (& occasionally, even if you do) you'll bloat up, usually within a half hour, & feel like a parade float begging its handlers to deflate it & bring it back to a comfy spot on earth to recover! I'm seriously NOT joking! :/

I'd feel a sudden & uncomfortable fullness, then realize that my previously loose shirt had started feeling & actually looking tighter as I watched in horror! Before I could waddle to the gas reliever, the shirt would be so tight & my stomach so badly distended I was sure I'd be asked my due date or be bursting through my clothes & turning into the Hulk at any moment! Oh, the pain & embarrassment! Remember Wonka's fizzy lifting drink? If not, you will shortly after drinking this stuff!

Speaking of embarrassment... the caramel latte claims to have the caffeine of one cup of coffee. Perfect for mornings, right? Wrong! Well, at least not if you plan to breathe in your own home or be around people for the next couple days. It too causes the intense bloating but has the added bonus (??) of making your urine, breathe, & sweat STINK like a rotten version of how the shake smells. It's so potent it will stick with you for at least a day, even if you haven't had another sip, let alone another full bottle.

It's so bad (& only gets worse with each bottle you drink, even if you have another flavor) that it will make you leave the exhaust fan on & try to avoid your own bathroom for days. If you make the unfortunate decision to leave your home, people in public restrooms will undoubtedly ask if you're ok, or ask loudly, if you're lucky enough to not be pinpointed as the source, "Ugh! What is that awful stench?" You'll want to chime in that it IS horrendous in hope that your mutual disgust will keep them from realizing you're the reason they're now nauseated - but don't do it!

If you open your mouth, or even lift an arm to cover your nose with your hand in solidarity, you'll be discovered as the source of the stench! Why? Because, while, admittedly, in slighter lighter tones, the stench does also waft forth from your breath & even a light perspiration that normally would go undetected! Depending on your acting chops, you may be able to pretend it's now adhering to everyone in the vicinity & walk away unscathed as you help innocent bystanders leave the soon to be condemned bathroom. But, more likely, you'll be forced to apologize & explain your misguided quest to get healthier has led you to become a stinky, balloon version of your former self.

Soooo, the flavors aren't bad, going down anyway. That's one star. It definitely keeps you full & not wanting to eat. That's a second star. BUT the reason you don't want to eat, potential embarrassment, pain, & nausea, definitely leave the remaining stars empty - just as I wish I'd left my stomach, & my fridge that's now full of a month's supply of this nightmare in a bottle that I can't return! :'(

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I purchased 3 cans of Diabetic Slim-Fast. I opened the Vanilla Milkshake for the first time ever! The container was only 1/2 full. So I opened the 2 Chocolate containers and found it contained a little over 1/2. This is a scam. I reported it to Amazon. IMG_4544.JPG. IMG_4545.JPG. I will not be purchasing anymore Slim-Fast. Placed pictures on Facebook.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

There were not a ton of options and the shakes quickly became boring. I did not find them filling enough and did not see anything unique about the program to make it stand out.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

It is a good program and works fairly well. I found that there were not enough options for me to provide enough variety to keep me interested and actively engaged in using the products. I found that I was not feeling full enough and satisfied most of the time. More variety and flavors in options offered would greatly help the program.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

If you follow their plan you start getting dizzy and light headed by the afternoon because your sugar level drops because all you had that day was their shakes for breakfast and lunch.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

When doing this I felt full. I did not want to snack at all. Stuck to my meal plan. Here my skin cleared up, my hair started to grow and I had a glow to me. Was awesome.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I have tried Slim Fast two different times. What really makes this eating plan work, is by following their directions, 1-2-3, and by drinking lots of water. The water seems to be the key here. The second time I went on this eating plan, I had forgotten to drink lots of water and the weight would go up and down and not move much. Once I remembered to increase my water intake, the weight really started dropping off. I drink a minimum of two 24 oz bottles of water per day (sometimes a little more if I find myself really thirsty from my long walks--and yes, you do need to exercise). You MUST make your new eating habits a life-time thing in order to keep the weight off. Do not go back to your old eating habits like I did.

I have dropped 10 lbs now and my blood pressure has lowered to within the normal range again. I did not want to have to go on blood pressure medicine and that was my biggest motivator this second time around. I am considering this my last go-round and am determined to maintain my healthy weight for life. I have not experienced any of the side effects that people have mentioned with this product. I guess every "body" is different though. I highly recommend Slim Fast - what have you got to lose except extra unwanted weight.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Love love love. Feel like in my 20th again, this product took my body weight off, feel better, beautiful, belovebave again ❤️???? I recommend to the ones in need to lose nothing but weight loss in body armor.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I tried Slim-Fast and loved the results. The shakes are pretty good, chocolate was my go to everyday shake. What was great was my appetite started to shrink and I’ve been able to keep 15lb off! I’d recommend this to all my friends and family.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I used my own method and watched what I ate. Did use Slim Fast. At first it gave me some extra energy to put forth my daily activities. And curbed my appetite and I ate healthier. I was able to go to sleep at night and not feel shaky like some other diet supplements do..

Original review: July 23, 2019

I have been using product about 7 months and have noticed feeling pieces of foreign matter in the drink. I always shake very well and drink from the bottle. I read someone else had similar experience. I was able to save some pieces I literally spit onto a napkin. Then I decided to use a strainer to empty contents into a glass. The chunks were in the strainer. I have contacted Slim-Fast via email and they requested more information and pictures... all of which I returned to them on July 23, 2019. The Creamy Chocolate is the only flavor I have used. Obviously my concern is what is the foreign debris and whether the foreign debris is harmful when ingested.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I have been reading all the 1 star given to the Slim-Fast drink products. I for the life of me cannot imagine these are the same drinks I’ve been drinking for a year now. I have never had any of the issues people are complaining about. I have tried all the flavors of the advanced Slim-Fast shakes. I love the caramel and the cappuccino delight. In the year I have been drinking the shakes I have lost 30 #’s and feel great. I use my own snacks during the day such as cheese sticks or summer sausage sticks. It is the easiest diet to stick with. It’s not a diet plan but a way of life plan. I am 74 yrs young and it is difficult to lose weight. My BP and cholesterol have improved over the year. I’m so glad I gave Slim-Fast a chance.

Original review: April 22, 2019

The last group of 11 oz has foreign material in it, under magnification it looks like 'SKIN' of some kind and is very unpleasant to drink. This is the first time I have found this, in every can I have. Batch DW or DM18336A 03-01 best by 12 02 19 4A. I have saved a piece. Don **

Original review: March 8, 2019

I need help getting my 89.95 and 79.95 back on my card: The Slim Fast and Lean Result took my money off card without my permission. That is all the money all the money I got. Please help me get it back. I did not sign up on these companies. If I have to call my lawyer Monday morning. Please Help Me. JO **.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I love the taste and consistency of the Chocolate (bottled) shake, I was never hungry on this program. I had 2 shakes a day, a reasonable dinner and I lost 11 pounds in 2 months. I also used my stationary bike 30 minutes a day. I didn't need snacks. My only complaint is on more than one occasion my shake had lumps in it even though the expiration date was well in the future. It seemed to me the product wasn't mixed well enough because the taste was perfect, not spoiled. However, this makes me not sure about buying it again BUT I love Slim-Fast. I am 67 years old so weight doesn't come off too easy. I miss my Slim-Fast.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I bought Ketone Slimfast and a bunch of other diet foods at Walmart and when I got home I read on the jar of Slimfast I could text ketoplan to 44222 so I did and it asked me Multiple questions about what foods I like and gave me choices to pick from so I'm thinking that they're offering me a box of food as the price for this was 29.99 and they led me to believe I was purchasing food items and asked me to pay the money and when I did it wasn't until I already paid them did they tell me I paid for a diet PLAN AND SENT ME A LIST OF FOOD TO BUY... OMG!!!

I was angry that I was fooled into buying a grocery list. And I explained to them I misunderstood what I was purchasing and then asked to be refunded and they will not refund and are very rude and are trying to convince me that I knew and that they said clearly what it was about and they did not make it clear enough AND NOW I HAVE HAD TO PAY 29.99 FOR A LIST. I'M VERY UPSET... BEWARE.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I'm not really sure where all of the negative reviews are coming from. I started Slim-Fast a year ago and in 6 months I lost 16 pounds! I am usually horrible when it comes to dieting but the Slim-Fast plan is pretty straightforward and if you really stick to it and don't cheat you will get results! It takes time but it works. The only complaints I do have are the shakes normally don't keep me full for too long and they are high in sugar but otherwise I love Slim-Fast!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

How an 83 year old uses Slim-Fast for a better life! When are people going to figure out that going on a diet to lose weight it takes time to work. My Slim-Fast Diet is as follows: Morning - one six ounce glass of Prune Juice and one bottle of Slim Fast Original. Noon - one bottle of Slim Fast Original. Five PM - a salad with one cup of shredded lettuce, dressing, and sliced black olives and one bottle of Slim-Fast. I have lost ten pounds in the first month of dieting. When I gain those extra ten to twenty pounds this diet plan goes into action! AND IT WORKS!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I used this product because I wasn't eating enough. My entire life until 29 I was 135-140 even after having a child. With a hectic schedule and no real will to eat, I figured this could be a great way to get my necessary husband and nutrition. I stayed on my daily eating habits but after this because I was only eating once a day. Since I've stopped using the product with my same eating habits I am now 175 pounds. I still look great but I can't figure out for the life of me what changed except that I super using their product.

People always complain about losing the weight and then gaining the weight and then some back. What if in fact it slows down your metabolism and once you stop drinking it or using their products you in fact they know it back? I think no one's looked into that because they just figured they always been overweight, and oh well. Well that's not my issue, I've always been a good weight for 5'7, so then what changed? We really need to look into what causes people to regain that weight once they stop using the product, I'm pretty sure that everyone isn't always overeating, I'm pretty sure that there's something in the powder or in their smoothies. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, it changed the entire dynamic of my body.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have been using Slim-Fast from 1990 - first use I developed depression - I did not associate it with Slim-Fast. In the last 5 years I have used Slim-Fast just to test this and I can confirm that this drink is very dangerous and causes mood swings, negative thoughts and total mental imbalance. KEEP AWAY FROM THIS drink. I took a drink of this Slim-Fast bought from Superdrug after 2 months. I halved the amount and I still suffered a setback yesterday and I am unable to think (anything) calmly. The 123 diet helps to lose weight but it comes back very fast.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

This product is full of sugar. I couldn't drink it. I bought the chocolate shake but really it taste very sweet in the mouth. I wonder why don't they make sugar free ones. But I loved the chips. They are so yummy especially the barbecue flavor.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I'm so sick of Slim-Fast's nonsense and false advertising. Their meal replacement bars while they do fill you up are by far my worst enemy. I spent the past two days in agonizing pain farting up a storm with severe stomach cramps and diarrhea nonstop. These bars make you so gassy and cause stomach issues. Nothing has controlled the excessive farts until I finally figured out the culprit. Slim-Fast bars. I have no idea what they are made of but if you wanna spend each day farting nonstop with bad stomach cramps by all means try the Slim-Fast bars. Don't be surprised if you go through the same thing I did. I never had this problem with Atkins bars so will be sticking with them. Slim-Fast is no good.

Original review: July 31, 2018

First, I must say that I really like the Original type of SlimFast meal replacement shake mix. It is easy to use and with a hand blender and some ice it is a refreshing thing. However... there is no such thing as 4 hour hunger control and I suspect that is misleading advertising. I do not normally eat when I am NOT hungry though it might work better then? I eat when hungry so if I am replacing lunch with a 200 cal drink that is not much to sustain a person even after they are used to much reduced meals. I shall continue using this product as it replaces my mid morning and mid afternoon snack.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I can't speak to the negative reviews regarding taste and packaging, since that's subjective, but I do want to address reviews calling this product a "scam". If you follow the program Slimfast recommends (no cheating), you will lose weight, barring some type of medical condition. It's not a magic bullet. It doesn't melt away pounds upon swallowing. It's only what it claims to be: a low-calorie meal replacement that helps with appetite control.

I have read reviews that say it does not help with appetite control and I think I can address that too. When I first started using Slimfast, I was a grazer and, on occasion, a binge eater. Because I was used to eating all day (and drinking pop), when I first started Slimfast, I didn't feel like it helped with appetite control. But after a while, once I got myself out of the habit of grazing, soft drinks and taking in so much food, it did start to help. I would recommend taking a product like Metamucil when using Slimfast, since it seems to bind me up a little. But otherwise, I would recommend this product to someone wanting to shed pounds.

Original review: May 20, 2018

The new, "prettier" packaging of the shake powder. The packaging is larger, there is a full 2 oz less in it and it tastes like crap. It leaves the most disgusting, bitter taste in your mouth. SO with there being less product and more packaging it is also 3.5$ more than the original, smaller packaging that has more and better quality product. I will not be spending my money on it again, or rather, wasting my money. It's disgusting.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I don't know why people are complaining here, but Slim-Fast is a Godsend. With it I lost 45 pounds in 3.5 months, and that's with no exercise. I went from 249 pounds to my current weight, 204. It also completely reversed my high blood pressure, which was originally 170/104, which then dropped to 108/76 after I had lost 36 pounds at that point. My weight loss has been documented with my PCP, so this is fully verifiable. I even emailed Slim-Fast about it and they wanted to put me up on their site, but I'm a private person and opted out. So for those of you out there who complained, it's not because of the Slim-Fast product. It's because you didn't give it a fair shot.

You can't be drinking booze or wine every weekend, or eat a half gallon of ice cream per week. You have to give up those things that are making you fat, and alcohol and sweets are a major contributing factor. I totally gave up wine, and though I like my M&M's, I'm still doing the Slim-Fast daily. When I first started I was even doing a shake in the morning and then two in the afternoon, and then a regular dinner like chicken and rice, even pizza on Friday sometimes, and I still lost weight. You can't just drink this stuff and continue your normal eating routine. You have to work at it, and I personally guarantee that if you give it an honest shot, you WILL see a difference in one week, just like they promise, and just like I did.

Once I saw that in the mirror, it gave me the enthusiasm and determination to go on. I started off at size 42 pants and 2x Large polo shirts, and now I'm at X-Large polos and size 36 pants. That's 6" off my waistline, and you know what else? When people saw me after I lost all that weight, they were just amazed, telling me how good I looked. You just can't beat that, and how good it feels. Also how good YOU feel. It all just keeps motivating you to go on. So don't complain, just give it an honest shot, and you'll see.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I did not know you have to take Metamucil or something like it before each meal... I had a problem of not being able to go to the bathroom I almost needed a doctor's help. I then took Metamucil before each replacement meal and after two weeks I lost NOTHING... THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Slim Fast Advanced Nutrition Smoothie Creamy Chocolate: bought 2 containers today at Walmart and the contents is NOT smoothie, it is the other chocolate type. This is unacceptable because the other type contains aspartame which will give me a dangerous migraine for days. Both containers have this other product. I could see the powder looked different right away, it mixed differently and it tasted like the chocolate Slim Fast that isn't the smoothie type. What do I do now with the 2 opened containers that I cannot consume? What's for breakfast tomorrow since your product isn't as advertised?

SlimFast Company Information