3.9/5 (96 ratings)

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About SlimFast

SlimFast is a weight loss and diet plan that makes protein-enriched shakes and other weight loss products. Slimfast’s 3-2-1 program (three snacks, two shakes and one meal a day) helps you lose weight and curb hunger through meal replacements. Find out if SlimFast is right for you by visiting their profile today.

Pros

• Built-in calorie counting
  • Keto, diabetic and low-carb options
  • Available in grocery stores everywhere
  • Vegetarian products and recipes
  • No foods are off-limits

Cons

• Doesn’t teach portion control
  • No personalized support

Bottom Line

SlimFast is a weight loss program that uses meal replacement products like shakes and snacks to help customers reach their goal weight.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

SlimFast Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SlimFast?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SlimFast?

Original review: June 25, 2021

If you keep up with the plan it works. Drinks, food, follow all the instructions. But if you have other conditions such as thyroid and other problems it doesn't work as well but it helps along with the meds. I would say it's a good product overall.

Original review: June 13, 2021

I was unsure about diets altogether but when I started using SlimFast I was surprised to get the results you are trying to achieve with a little exercise. I actually did lose weight while I was using it.

Original review: June 12, 2021

Easy to use and follow, does not cost that much. Has lots of good products now for meals and snacks. Great flavors and always on sale at local stores or even Amazon. Take with you on the go, no mess or hassle to make anything.

Original review: June 10, 2021

The time I tried Slim Fast for weight loss it worked pretty well. I lost 30 lbs???. But years later I tried again and only lost 10 ☹️. I guess it just depends on the person and what you're going through at the time.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Well, last year, I was at 245 lbs, I couldn't find anything that would help me lose weight, much less keep it off, not even so called weight loss pills. I started using Slimfast I bought at Walmart here in my town, switching between vanilla and chocolate for the powdered cans. I did try the snack bars, but I didn't really like them. I have found though, that I lost 10 lbs the first time using a combination of Slimfast, using my medical cannabis, and some light excersice, since I have asthma. I am now using it again now that I can afford it again, to try and lose some more weight. I went a good 3 months without using it, but still had a nice surprise of my weight staying off, so here is hoping I can get down to 180 lbs.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have medical issues that can make eating difficult & exercising even 30 minutes a day difficult as well. I thought cutting calories, while getting nutrients & protein I was lacking, with an easy answer like pre-mixed SlimFast Advanced shakes was a great idea. It. Was. Not! The "advanced" flavors are actually pretty good. I chose Caramel Latte with extra energy for mornings (really liked this flavor, at first), & alternated between vanilla & strawberry for afternoons. They definitely keep you full! BUT, that's because, if you don't take twice the regular dose of an anti-gas med before drinking them (& occasionally, even if you do) you'll bloat up, usually within a half hour, & feel like a parade float begging its handlers to deflate it & bring it back to a comfy spot on earth to recover! I'm seriously NOT joking! :/

I'd feel a sudden & uncomfortable fullness, then realize that my previously loose shirt had started feeling & actually looking tighter as I watched in horror! Before I could waddle to the gas reliever, the shirt would be so tight & my stomach so badly distended I was sure I'd be asked my due date or be bursting through my clothes & turning into the Hulk at any moment! Oh, the pain & embarrassment! Remember Wonka's fizzy lifting drink? If not, you will shortly after drinking this stuff!

Speaking of embarrassment... the caramel latte claims to have the caffeine of one cup of coffee. Perfect for mornings, right? Wrong! Well, at least not if you plan to breathe in your own home or be around people for the next couple days. It too causes the intense bloating but has the added bonus (??) of making your urine, breathe, & sweat STINK like a rotten version of how the shake smells. It's so potent it will stick with you for at least a day, even if you haven't had another sip, let alone another full bottle.

It's so bad (& only gets worse with each bottle you drink, even if you have another flavor) that it will make you leave the exhaust fan on & try to avoid your own bathroom for days. If you make the unfortunate decision to leave your home, people in public restrooms will undoubtedly ask if you're ok, or ask loudly, if you're lucky enough to not be pinpointed as the source, "Ugh! What is that awful stench?" You'll want to chime in that it IS horrendous in hope that your mutual disgust will keep them from realizing you're the reason they're now nauseated - but don't do it!

If you open your mouth, or even lift an arm to cover your nose with your hand in solidarity, you'll be discovered as the source of the stench! Why? Because, while, admittedly, in slighter lighter tones, the stench does also waft forth from your breath & even a light perspiration that normally would go undetected! Depending on your acting chops, you may be able to pretend it's now adhering to everyone in the vicinity & walk away unscathed as you help innocent bystanders leave the soon to be condemned bathroom. But, more likely, you'll be forced to apologize & explain your misguided quest to get healthier has led you to become a stinky, balloon version of your former self.

Soooo, the flavors aren't bad, going down anyway. That's one star. It definitely keeps you full & not wanting to eat. That's a second star. BUT the reason you don't want to eat, potential embarrassment, pain, & nausea, definitely leave the remaining stars empty - just as I wish I'd left my stomach, & my fridge that's now full of a month's supply of this nightmare in a bottle that I can't return! :'(

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I purchased 3 cans of Diabetic Slim-Fast. I opened the Vanilla Milkshake for the first time ever! The container was only 1/2 full. So I opened the 2 Chocolate containers and found it contained a little over 1/2. This is a scam. I reported it to Amazon. IMG_4544.JPG. IMG_4545.JPG. I will not be purchasing anymore Slim-Fast. Placed pictures on Facebook.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

There were not a ton of options and the shakes quickly became boring. I did not find them filling enough and did not see anything unique about the program to make it stand out.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

It is a good program and works fairly well. I found that there were not enough options for me to provide enough variety to keep me interested and actively engaged in using the products. I found that I was not feeling full enough and satisfied most of the time. More variety and flavors in options offered would greatly help the program.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

If you follow their plan you start getting dizzy and light headed by the afternoon because your sugar level drops because all you had that day was their shakes for breakfast and lunch.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

When doing this I felt full. I did not want to snack at all. Stuck to my meal plan. Here my skin cleared up, my hair started to grow and I had a glow to me. Was awesome.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I have tried Slim Fast two different times. What really makes this eating plan work, is by following their directions, 1-2-3, and by drinking lots of water. The water seems to be the key here. The second time I went on this eating plan, I had forgotten to drink lots of water and the weight would go up and down and not move much. Once I remembered to increase my water intake, the weight really started dropping off. I drink a minimum of two 24 oz bottles of water per day (sometimes a little more if I find myself really thirsty from my long walks--and yes, you do need to exercise). You MUST make your new eating habits a life-time thing in order to keep the weight off. Do not go back to your old eating habits like I did.

I have dropped 10 lbs now and my blood pressure has lowered to within the normal range again. I did not want to have to go on blood pressure medicine and that was my biggest motivator this second time around. I am considering this my last go-round and am determined to maintain my healthy weight for life. I have not experienced any of the side effects that people have mentioned with this product. I guess every "body" is different though. I highly recommend Slim Fast - what have you got to lose except extra unwanted weight.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Love love love. Feel like in my 20th again, this product took my body weight off, feel better, beautiful, belovebave again ❤️???? I recommend to the ones in need to lose nothing but weight loss in body armor.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I tried Slim-Fast and loved the results. The shakes are pretty good, chocolate was my go to everyday shake. What was great was my appetite started to shrink and I’ve been able to keep 15lb off! I’d recommend this to all my friends and family.

SlimFast Company Information