U-Haul

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I don't have a positive thing to say about U-Haul, and would NEVER use them again. Their self-checkout is a joke. Locked me out, so I called customer service. After 47 minutes someone picked me up. After explaining the problem the rep said she was placing me on hold and disconnected. She had my account pulled up, but didn't bother to call me back. I called back waiting 54 minutes this time to talk to the next customer service rep who was the ditziest person I've ever spoken to. She told me my account was reset. I got off the phone and attempted to log in. Nope, she didn't fix anything.

Called back and wait 50 something minutes again to hear, "Well, they open in 20 minutes, so just go there!" 9:30 AM open time instead of my 6:30 AM checkout I had ordered. This is after I ordered online, and they sent me a reservation changing the size of my truck, pickup location and pickup time. Why bother asking where and when you want to pick up. You don't even get the truck size you rent. This company is a joke! I see why they have a one star rating... Well earned. Zero must not have been an option!

Made a reservation for a truck, went to go pick it up and was told there were no trucks that size AT ALL left in Northern VA. Had to go up to NE D.C. to get it the next day. The person who works at the Cascades Pkwy in Sterling, VA location was unbelievably rude and clearly doesn't care to help customers with anything. U-Haul screwed me out of a day of moving. Last time I use them and I will never recommend to anyone that they use them. Ever.

My husband and I rented a truck for a 24 hour time span. We are closing on a house Friday morning and rented a truck for noon Friday to noon Saturday. We have 2 small kids so we knew moving in one day might be impossible so rented the extra time. I was called the day before we were to pick up the truck (they left a message) saying that we can not have the truck for 24 hours, they need the truck back by 9am Saturday morning because they have someone else who needs the truck! I am sorry but doesn't a reservation guarantee you the day and time - it's not like we just walked in?!?!

So my husband called the Orange, CT office (the one who left me the message) and talked to a woman named Katie who was extremely rude and hung up on him! So I called the Orange, CT office myself and talked with a woman named Leah, she wasn't very professional either! I explained to her the message I got and she cuts me off and says, "Ohhh is this Jessica. We were just talking about you!" Really do you always make a habit to talk about your customers? I told her how my husband called earlier she turns around and says, "Yeah well from what I understand he was rude too." Again we are the customer and yes a little upset that our reservation was changed without even talking to us!

I was informed by Leah that our reservation was put back to noon because she wasn't going to argue about this all day but they needed to shorten our reservation to get more customers in. So this makes the point that U-Haul is only about the money and not their customers! I will NEVER use U-Haul again and will NEVER recommend them to ANYONE, not even my worst enemy!

Last month I made a reservation to rent a 26 ft U-Haul and auto transport, the location 5 miles from my house since I would have to walk. My reservation has been bounced around to several location ranging from 50 miles away to over 100. Yesterday I made another reservation, to pick up a 20 ft truck on the 29th of June in Parachute, Co 5 miles from my house. I was assured the truck would be there (the U-haul agent in Parachute is not at fault).

Late last night I get an email my reservation has been changed to Clifton, Co. I gave my landlord notice last month, I am suppose to move tomorrow June 29, 2017 and I have no way to move. I made several calls to U-haul. I get excuses, hung up on and talking to supervisor was a waste of time. An agent even emailed the general manager requesting that they call me, so far no callback! U-haul deserves a California Howdy 2 fingers up! (I have to figure how to put my things in storage, and pay for it for 1 year and move to Alamosa, CO).

Confirmed and reserved tow Trailer for a move. The day before wham all plans are set they text me saying the trailer pickup is in another state? Almost two hours away from original pickup. Customer service was just as bad and staffed with incompetent inner city idiots. Avoid this company at all costs now that they are run by the lowest caliber idiots.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U-Haul?

My husband and I rented a truck to move a piano along with a table and chairs. We were told to pick up our truck in Perry, Ga. I called to verify the truck was ready and the guy in Perry said yes. Not 5 minutes later U-Haul calls and says the truck isn't at the Perry location. We now can only get a bigger truck (that we don't need) at another location in Macon. Macon is about 30-40 minutes away from Perry so now we are traveling way more than we intended as well. We get to the location in Macon and guess what? It's not even open and there are no trucks in sight. We call to let U-Haul know the situation to be transferred to someone in Birmingham Alabama who says they cannot help us and sends us back to the original number. Then we end up in north Macon and finally pick up a truck 3.5 hours later.

We missed our niece's birthday. The next day we get everything to the house and when we drop it off it turns out that place doesn't take trucks to return. We get sent to a place that is closed with no instructions. We had to find the drop box which is nowhere near where the trucks are located. We missed dinner with the family that helped us move. To make matters worse, when we complain, we get a $50 credit back to us directly with a $50 voucher for our next truck. We are not going to use U-Haul and we just bought a house, so we have already completed the moving. I disagreed with the solution to be told they can only give us $60 back into our bank account. So we went from essentially $100 in credit to $60. That's ridiculous but I'm so sick of dealing with the complete incompetence of this company that I just took the $60.

Congrats U-Haul, I would rather be shot in the face than EVER use you guys again. You have lost permanent customers because we have only used you in the past but we are done. We have told all family and friends to pay more to go with a more reliable company. I'm a teacher too so I will make sure to get the word out in school newsletters so they do not make the same mistake we did in using this awful company. I waited to see what they would do to resolve the issue before I wrote this review to give a fair shot. U-Haul is not worth it and we will let as many people know as possible so they don't have the same horrible experience.

When we went to pick up our U-Haul, the manager showed up 35 minutes late to open the store. We had movers already in-route. No apology from the manager, no explanation. Very unprofessional. But the truck and U-Haul products were fine. But how dare you actively promote and put false reviews regarding movinghelp.com!!! You even promote it on your trucks! I wish I'd read the reviews before booking movers through U-Haul's website, because the problems you have, result in ZERO ownership from U-Haul. Despite the fact that they actively push this "business" on you - DO NOT BOOK MOVERS THROUGH U-HAUL. Our "load" movers showed up so hungover, they had to leave 40 minutes into the job to "go to the store". Because they worked so slow, my husband had to leave to get to the storage unit in another town before they closed.

The "supervisor" then promptly tries to collect additional money, claiming 12:40 pm - 3:20 pm was 4 hours!!! He even had the nerve to say "I'm not trying to take advantage of you now that your husband left"...Uh, yes, that's exactly what you tried to do. Ultimately, he got the extra $50, b/c I was tired of arguing, but it was money reserved for a "tip". One of the workers really worked hard, and the "car" they arrived in was held together by duct tape, so I figured they could use a little extra. THEN our "unload" movers NEVER showed! I should have known it was going to happen. The night before our "unload" moving appointment, someone from the moving service called stating he had a worker that wasn't going to be available the next day and wanted to unload us at 6:00 am!!! Normally, I would have said okay, but the storage unit wasn't going to be available until 11:00.

The morning of the appointment, I texted the man who called asking about what time he thought they could arrive. I told him it would take us about 20 minutes to get to the storage unit where our U-Haul was waiting to be unloaded. He responded within 10 minutes and said "about 11:30 am". We arrived to the storage unit and prepared everything so the workers could start immediately. At 11:26 am, I received a text stating "eta 11:36 am". At 12:45, we began calling and texting. No response! We ultimately cancelled the service and were lucky enough to find another moving company that could help us. Of course, we had to pay a premium, but it was a professional company that did a fantastic job and was well worth it. Please take my advice and carefully weigh your options before choosing U-Haul and NEVER EVER USE MOVINGHELP.COM.

I was suggested the wrong size vehicle which turned my move into 2 days. I moved from NJ to DE and the truck wasn't driving correctly as if the transmission was bad. They advised me to exchange it another location that was 22 minutes away from my home. One of the reps disconnected the line on me after I asked for the copy of my call. She specifically said, "No, I'm not doing it". I later on spoke with a John in the "corporate office" that was also very rude by cutting me off and refused to give me his manager's email and provided me with just a 1800 number. I won't ever do business with U-Haul and will tell everyone I know to not as well. I explained that I had to pay to stay an extra night at my old home and he replied with "Well that's your circumstances". Unbelievable!!! Never again!

I called ahead and was told "yes we have three here." Drove 40 miles to get there, paid for it and then none on lot! Then it took an hour to get the money refunded to charge card. I was not the only person that day to be dissatisfied. Someone else had reserved one three weeks before, headed for California the next day was very dissatisfied.

On May 2nd 2017 I reserved a 26 foot U-Haul truck online for June 10 at 9am. 2 weeks later I called U-Haul to confirm the time, date, and truck size and I paid for the rental in full over the phone and I was assured that a truck would be available for me. June 9th at 11am (22 hours before my pick up time) I received a text message telling me there was no truck available.

I called U-Haul 3 times and spoke to 3 different people. All 3 U-Haul representatives told me that U-Haul does not guarantee they will have a truck at all when you reserve it, they also do not guarantee the rental time or date one reserves the truck for. This is not made clear on their website and was not made clear when I paid for the truck or I would not have done business with this company. 2 weeks later I received an email letting me know they had refunded my payment. They did not even apologize; much less compensate me for the inconvenience, hardship, or damages caused by their negligence.

I recently rented a cargo van for a local move. I tried to use a debit card that I'd used for several purchases and was told by the representative that they could not use that card without even attempting to run it. I gave another card, but ask them not to charge that card. When I returned the truck I was advised that they had ran my card which overdrew my account. When I tried to resolve the issue in person I was told I needed to contact a manager. When I called customer service, I was told that by giving the card I authorized them to use it. I made several attempts to speak to a manager and was bounced around like a ball and hung up on several times. I have never had such horrible customer service and I will never use their service again.

My daughter rented a U-Haul trailer on Saturday, June 17, 2017, to tow items from Las Vegas to Grand Junction, Colorado. On Sunday, June 18, 2017, the trailer had a blow out... with NO SPARE TIRE, which, by the way, she was told had a spare tire. She was stranded with 2 small children near Beaver, Colorado. U-Haul roadside service was extremely busy, no doubt due to similar type service with other customers. They waited a couple hours for assistance, in the June summer heat. Now I ask you, who in their right mind would rent trailers with NO SPARE TIRE? It's inconceivable to me. We are telling all our friends and family to choose Penske for trailer needs. Very sad for a company we USED TO BE ABLE TO TRUST WITH GOOD SERVICE AND SAFETY!

On May 23rd I had a hitch and wiring installed on my van. I asked for a 7 round and a 4 flat was used instead. They also broke off 2 bolts on my van and didn't tell me. When we looked under the van they asked why we did that. I filed a complaint and spoke to the GM who was extremely rude, disrespectful, and yelling at me. I finally recorded part of the conversation. He said that his install guy broke them when trying to get them off my van and that he was the only one who would be fixing them. I did not feel comfortable with him doing the work nor did I feel safe dealing with the GM anymore. I told him I would file another complaint and he told me "Don't threaten me!" He refunded my installation fee and I filed another complaint on the way home.

I never received a callback. I called again on the 7th of July I called again. I was told that the GM had closed the case stating that U-Haul was not at fault for the broken bolts. This is after he had told me not to threaten him. I left a message with the regional manager and had not received a callback. I called on July 22nd and am waiting for a call from the president. During this time I had to take my van to another repair shop and it cost me $245.82 to remove and repair the damage from the bolts and $92.84 to install the correct 7 round wiring. I have been asking for this to be fixed and am now asking for this to be paid.

Disaster waiting to happen, everything went wrong from the beginning, they didn't even spell my last name correctly, so now I have created an account w/ Moving Helpers to try & send a message for the refund. They aren't recognizing me in the database. States no jobs. Have tried numerous times on the telephone, they don't pick up, the recording refers you to their email address, states it will be faster, you fill out your info to create an account & I'm on a loop, they don't recognize my name. Sent an email with contact info & referencing the misspelling of my name, still have not received a reply. My cancellation was dated 06/05/2017, today's date is 06/22/2017.

This money is important to me, so I keep sending a message in hopes. Maybe they will respond to this message. Next stop social media, letting everyone know not to get mixed up, with U-Haul, hiring third parties & payment codes & left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. One bright light was a Kim, located in Castleton, Indiana. She knew how to handle the cancellation.

I rented a U-Haul trailer at the Chevron gas station on Pony Express in Pollock Pines... I went to return the trailer and was in the market to finalize the return... The guy at the counter started my return process, then customers came in to buy gas, cigarettes or whatever and he told me to step aside so that he can help them... I did... He continued on my return... More customers came in and he continually told me to step aside to help them... After 1/2 hour and approximately 22 customers that on/off kept coming in I told him that I've been waiting for him to finalize my return... He said that HIS customers for his store are his priority and that U-Haul customers are 2nd. I told him that I'm a paying customer as well and he should finish up with me. A customer in line flipped him off because of the way he was treating me and the customer told me "good Luck"... He still wouldn't finish my return.

I demanded my credit card back and told him I'll go somewhere else. He told me that's fine with him and he doesn't care who I tell about this. He said that HIS customers are his priority, not U-Haul. Also, he refused to take the trailer off my hitch, he made us park the trailer and take the trailer off the hitch. He is a horrible representative for U-Haul. I had to take the trailer back to another city in which the lady that owns that business was absolutely fabulous and was appalled at my treatment at the Chevron Station in Pollock Pines CA.

On Saturday 06/17 I rented a truck and I'm not happy with the service. The lady that was in charge of the rental place was rude! The gas in the truck was different than what she say it was. The truck was dirty and the lady never went outside and check with my husband and I the truck or nothing she just say. The truck number is on the key. So my husband and I went and check the truck to make sure everything was how she told us but after checking everything my husband and I went back to the office to let her know how the truck and gas was and to our surprise she was already closing the store and it was only 10:20 AM. It was such a bad experience.

We were scheduled to pick up a 20 ft. truck, 2 dollies and 2 packs of moving blankets today from the S. Florida Ave. store in Lakeland. We show up to find the location only to find they do not have the equipment we asked for, only the truck but, was told to drive to another location to pick up the equipment. Keep in mind, we are paying $0.99 per mile but now we have to go out of our way to pick up equipment. The customer service on the 800 number was horrible! They offered no solution, wouldn't take the equipment off the bill, wouldn't credit mileage and was very rude. We rent trucks and trailers on a monthly basis, I will NOT use U-Haul anymore.

I scheduled a 15' truck a few weeks ago. I was allowed to select a location for pick-up which was a few miles from my home. The day prior to the rental I get a phone call from another U-Haul location. They tell me that U-Haul has the right to change your pickup location. The new location is across the valley and at 4pm the traffic is horrible.

I called customer service and waited on line for a long time. When someone did answer they told me that they had 77 calls in the queue and apologized for the long wait time. Clearly they have an issue. When I told them my dilemma they forwarded me to the traffic department. At traffic they forwarded me back to the pickup location that told me to call customer service. Clearly I was getting the runaround.

On the second attempt I spoke with a woman by the name of Cindy in Traffic. She was prepared for a fight. Her approach was clearly not to help but to defend U-Haul. She told me about the fine print I had agreed to and that they had the right to change the location. I explained it was quite a bit of time to get there and back. She argued with me on that. She continued to argue with me on a few other details. She explained there was nothing to be done. Will I use U-Haul again? Nope! I recommend U-Haul teaches some customer service skills. I recommend staying away from U-Haul and will gladly share my experience with others. Buyer beware.

We picked up out U-Haul in Emporia, Kansas. It was dirty inside and out and smelly. We had to clean it up so we could stand to ride in it for 1500 miles. Also the front end was out of alignment and didn't hold the road well, for 1500 miles. It was so loud when we were driving we had to yell to hear each other. My husband wanted to rent U-Haul as he said they had better trucks! Not so!

I rented a trailer from the Newnan, GA location on Bullsboro Blvd (hw 34)... Christopher ** was the rep who installed the wiring kit. I paid $200 for trailer and harness kit. It was put on incorrectly causing my battery to be drained and have to get 20 jumps on my way back home in Burlington KY. I eventually made it home where I had the U-Haul in Elsmere KY replaced the harness correctly. However, the damage was already done. I called and submitted information but never heard back from corporate. I called and was transferred to the location that installed the wiring kit incorrectly, a man named Christopher **. Chris took no responsibility in the matter and instead said he wasn't helping.

My truck battery eventually died completely going down a road and wouldn't move... no neutral, no nothing... I had to replace the battery after causing a huge traffic jam. I wanted someone to take responsibility but with no avail. I still have nothing but a receipt to spend more money on a new battery due to their poor lack of work. U-Haul, this is unacceptable and I will be utilizing another company for these services going forward. Your people are pathetic.

I rented a U-Haul Truck for a recent move, I initially asked to have moving help but cancelled the help at least 2 weeks prior to renting the truck. l thought since I spoke to the moving help person the cancellation was effective. Apparently that is not the case. I was billed for the moving help although this service was never provided.

I called U-Haul (locally) and they said NOT their responsibility although it was their website the service was requested. I called U-Haul (nationally), I was told I needed to speak to U-Haul (locally). I called the mover TC Moving and was told I needed to contact movinghelp.com. I called the 3rd party who billed my credit card, movinghelp.com and was told I needed to cancel the order on the U-Haul website. I cancelled the order on the website. I never received a refund. The only response I received from movinghelp.com was to go online and close my complaint or they would automatically close the complaint on June 15, 2017. U-Haul and movinghelp.com are uncaring or willingly fraudulent. Either way I recommend never do business with either party unless you don't mind having to deal with a computer alone to resolve an issue. The people simply do not care to resolve an issue they created.

I needed to pick up a trailer in Santa Rosa for a one way trip to Clovis, CA (245 Miles). I checked a few U-Haul location before I found one that had the trailer I needed. The following morning I drove the 245 miles to Santa Rosa. I had a confirmed reservation for the trailer with a pick-up time of 10:00 AM. A U-Haul representative called me at 9:55 to let me know they did not have the trailer. They did have a "Local" trailer available and told me I would have to return it to Santa Rosa. I told them driving 245 miles to Fresno and then 245 miles back to Santa Rosa, and then returning 245 miles to Fresno was not an acceptable option. About a half hour later they called to tell me I could pick up a trailer in Novato, CA (27 miles away - 54 miles round trip). The person calling was rude and wanted an answer immediately. I was told they had other customers that wanted the trailer. Will never use U-Haul again!

I needed a van to move some things locally over the weekend so I called and was told to come in. I arranged for someone to pick me up and take me there. When I arrived, I was told they didn't have any at that location available, they said the 10 vans out front were all reserved so I would need to go to another city after 8:30 pm that night to get one. My ride took me home and left. Luckily she was nice enough to come back 3 hrs later to take me again. We arrive at a small convenience store that has drunk people and drug deals being made in front of the store. My driver had her child with her but waited on me anyway to go inside. She sat nervously with her doors locked for 30 minutes as the girl inside tried to get the info right but couldn't. After 30 mins. I decided to just leave and try the next day.

The next day I get a van and pay $94.That was paying for 150 miles upfront... For some reason they didn't do something right and told me to just come by the next morning at 7:15 am.They told me I may have to pay more if I had exceeded 150 miles.This morning I was there at 7:15 am. I had used 56 miles. Nobody was there and the sign said they open at 9 am. I left. I was almost back at 9 am and got a call asking why I wasn't there. I told them I was right around the corner. I go inside and they needed to charge my credit card again for the day's fee even tho I had paid for 150 miles and only used 56. I had no problem with it though and went to get my card only to realize I had left it at home, which was 10 mins away.

When I explained, I was told I needed to remove my things out of the van that I was hauling and the whole point of needing the van. I was told I could not go run home and grab my credit card, that I needed to find someone to pick me and the items in the van up. Luckily I found someone who could come without any notice or I would have had to walk although I paid $94, had it 24 hrs. and only used 56 miles of the 150 I paid for. Now the things I had to get to a location by the end of the weekend are stuck at my house with me and I did not do what I agreed to do with someone. They are not going to see Uhaul at fault, but me. Thanks a lot Uhaul!

It's not worth getting worked up again. Let's just say if you have any other options use them because YOU WILL regret using U-Haul. If you do get to be one of the few who actually gets the services you booked, they will fall way short of what you expected, they will most likely tear up more than they install. They got their last $27 they will ever get from me. Oh, I didn't forget to rate them. They just aren't worth 1/2 a star. If I could leave a minus 5 stars that would be my review. That is for the store in Rock Hill South Carolina just off Chandalese/161. Oh so this site won't let you leave a review if you don't give them a star. So, that is so wrong, on so many levels. Consumer Affairs isn't concerned with the truth in business practices. So, I HAVE TO GIVE them a star just to warn others of their unscrupulous, uncaring, acts. I gave this rating under duress.

On May 10, 2017 I visited the Roseville California U-Haul located on 117 Wills Road, to have a hitch and wiring installed on my 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. The installation of the hitch, including the wiring took about 3.5 hours. It was my plan to rent a trailer immediately afterwards. Upon hookup of the trailer none of the lights on the trailer worked properly which means the wiring was not installed properly. They ordered new wiring and on the 20th I brought my car in for new wiring. Instead of utilizing the new wiring they opted, based on a faulty assumption just to cut the new wiring and just reinstall the new unit to the previously faulty wiring already done.

It did not work and I was told they would call me in a week after they talked to their district manager. Two weeks went by and no call so I contact their corporate office 5 days ago at which time they stated they would make a formal complaint and I would be contact in 48 hours. Nobody contacted me so I am now reporting my complaint here as to forewarn you all to stay away from U-Haul. The result in all of this is over a month later. I now have a hitch with no operational wiring, I am 410 dollars in the hole, and I cannot safely tow a trailer. U-Haul has had 3 opportunities to make me whole and has basically skirted their responsibility. Any business that treats their customers in this manner should be punished.

My father rented a U-Haul trailer, and I ended up towing it when it detached and caused almost 3k in damage. U-Haul denies the insurance claim to fix it. I AM BEYOND PISSED. We had coverage and they refuse to fix my truck. I WILL NEVER RENT FROM THEM AGAIN. DO NOT RENT FROM THEM!!! Do I even have to give them a star? They do not even deserve a star.

Still having issues from our U-Haul rental. U-Haul feels that it was ok for their dealer (Roger) to send us out in a broken truck (mind you we noticed immediately and told the dealer and he said "don't worry it's nothing"). Brought the truck for gas and then realized it was a lot more serious. Gas was spewing from the tank. Go immediately back to the dealer and are told that we need to call roadside assistance per his area manager (Derrick). Roadside calls service guy who comes over an hour later. Service tech can't get part until Thursday (this was Tuesday). They "find" us a new U-Haul about 20 minutes away at a U-Haul center. We show up at that location to get the new U-Haul and they don't have a one-way available only in town.

The customer service reps in the U-Haul center were very pleasant and helpful. They called their general manager who emergency assigned us a new truck. We finally made it back to our house 3 hours later. Due to this issue we lost 3 hours of packing time, we lost our movers, and my cleaning lady was only able to clean 1 bedroom, dining room, and the 2 small bathrooms. U-Haul roadside assistance did send us 2 movers who helped for a couple hours of loading. We finally got out of our house the next night at 11:30 pm (and that was only due to a few amazing friends helping out).

We started our trip back home a day late and extremely stressed. We stopped the next day at a hotel in Virginia to get some sleep. We woke up the next morning still feeling very stressed. We got all packed up and I started feeling very sick and was vomiting bile (sorry if TMI). After requesting a late check out we attempted leave the hotel around 1 pm on 6/2. I made it to the edge of the parking lot before I began to vomit up bile again (sorry if TMI). We decided to continue on with our journey home anyway because what choice did we really have.

We made it about an hour up the road and stopped for gas where I again started to vomit bile (again sorry if TMI). We decided at that point to find another hotel because it was too dangerous for me to be driving with what was going on. That second hotel cost us $296.82. This was not some luxury hotel. It was a Quality Inn. However, we have animals and it was $20 per animal! That was $100 in pet fees alone. So, we rest at that hotel for the night. Get up and head out to finish our journey on 6/3 around 9:30 am.

A few hours into the drive I receive a call from a very nice woman from the U-Haul Center in Watertown. She's the general manager and she was in shock over what we had gone through and stated this was not how U-Haul does business. I believed her because she sounded genuine. She tallied up all of our extra expenses due to this dealer's lack of customer service to be around $950. She said she was going to work on getting a refund for that amount plus a couple hundred for the hassle and inconvenience. She told me I would be hearing from someone in the Mississippi office within 48 hours and if I did not to call her back.

So, I wait the 48 hours and radio silence. I call her back and she tells me she is going to "push" through the refund for us and we should have it within 48 hours. I go online yesterday, do all my reviews (good for NY and poor for Mississippi). She calls me today to thank me for the positive feedback and I ask her about the refund and she says "oh yeah, um, it was denied...But, get me the receipts and I will try and help but I'm low on the totem pole and no one listens to me (she's a general manager)". So, now today I get to be inconvenienced again by looking for every receipt from this move. Whatever, it is what it is but this is an epic fail on #U-Haul to properly handle customer complaints.

Oh and Dick ** your name fits you well. He is the big shot for the area of Mississippi we rented the truck in and his response was, "It is what it is and we have an issue with people breaking stuff off the gas tank to siphon gas". If you know it's an issue handle it before it becomes your customer's inconvenience and stress. BTW the dealer also knew the trucks were being broken into and siphoned. He had a bunch of hoses in the bed of his truck that he had pulled from by the trucks and gas cans which he showed us. #uhaulcorporate #uhaulsucks #willneverrentauhaulagain #customerserviceatuhaulsucks #uhaul

Do not rent from U-Haul! We rented a van in April and turned it in with extra miles and days and paid for it. It's been over a month since we used the van but they sent me a notice that I owed for toll citations. They said they wanted 1.00 per toll plus the charge of the toll. I sent a dispute in which I never received a response. A week later the Ace Hardware store we rented from charged my debit card numerous charges of 1.75 with no explanation. I did receive a message from the manager but when I returned the call there was no answer and my call was not returned. I received another message about the tolls in which I sent another dispute with no response again. I had to go to my bank and get a new debit card which cost me 10.00. They will never get another penny from me!

The guy running the front counter at the store we rented from was one of the rudest people I have ever had the joy of encountering. Not only was he pushing customers away before they even said a word. When I went to return the truck I received unwanted attitude from the employee. I recommend that a nicer person should be at the front of the store. I will never use this company's services ever again due to the rudeness of one employee.

Reserved a truck three days prior to the move online... Confirmed the truck was available at a location nearby... At a rate of $40 and .99 per mile which was fine, because the location was around the corner. They call the day before the move and say the location did not have the truck and I had to now travel 32 miles round-trip to another location to get the truck which added another $32 in mileage fees to the final invoice. If the website is not able to accurately tie into availability of the trucks at particular stores then they should stop taking reservations online.

U-Haul Company Profile