Find a Movers partner

3.8/5 (1418 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About U-Haul

U-Haul is well known for supplying truck rentals and packing supplies to do-it-yourself movers across the nation. U-Haul advertises trucks for $19.95 per day for local moves, but long-distance moves costs significantly more. Additional charges include fuel, damage protection and environmental fees. Even with these expenses, U-Haul can be a budget-friendly option.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Economical choice
    • Roadside assistance
    • Nationwide availability

Cons

• Preferences not guaranteed

Bottom Line

U-Haul, when used appropriately, is an affordable option for DIY movers, especially for local moves. Be aware of extra fees and make sure to understand that a reservation is not a final confirmation.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

U-Haul Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U-Haul?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about U-Haul?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

U-Haul can take the reservation, but seems to have issues holding the reservation. The biggest problem is their customer service, I actually spoke with a number of representatives who were incoherent, now that being said I was lucky that I did get a few others who managed to address my issues (Dylan and I do need to note, Rob on Long Island was spectacular) - I think we all expect and hope our customer service agents are efficient, professional and knowledgeable. In the end the product was good, but I did age quite a bit as they called the day before my move to inform me they had no truck for me (even though I had reserved it 3 weeks earlier), we had workers scheduled, we had driven out of state for the move.. If they can improve their customer service (employ personnel that care and can help) and reliability of reservations, I could increase the rating.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

They refused credit. They promised for early trailer return. The pickup dealer promised and the drop off dealer promised but U-Haul mail office would not honor the credit that was to be given to me. You should always rent for the minimum time needed. I'm sure they will just bill you for the extra if needed more. Safer to do it that way.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Extreme Rate Increase SCAM - BEWARE!! Obtained a quote and made a reservation in the store for a 20' truck and auto transporter about a month in advance of our move date. A week later I returned to the store to look inside the different trucks, then modified my reservation to a 26' truck. I had to request and insist on a new written quote for the larger truck. A couple of days prior to my move I checked my reservation via my online account page and noticed the quoted price had increased by $845.00 with no explanation and no details listed on the reservation. The reservation showed us renting the truck for 17 days. I had booked the truck for 8 days. That was certainly an error.

I called to correct the erroneous time frame, thinking that would also correct the price hike. The reservations agent corrected the time frame, but that correction did not change the price. I was told that the extra days were given for "free" so the change in price wasn't because of the additional days, but he could not or would not tell me what the increased price was for. After several more phone calls and one very unproductive online live chat session, (the agent in the chat session ended the session while I was typing a question) I was eventually told by another agent that a few days before my call, there was a rate increase added to my reservation.

I had a friend log into U-Haul's website and request a quote with my exact details and dates, the prices on the website were the same as we were quoted 3 weeks prior. It appeared the "rate increase" was just for my reservation. The last agent that I spoke with had no explanation for the increased rate and suggested I contact the "regional office" and request they honor their original quoted rates, which were printed out for me at the store. Fortunately, we were able to rent a similar truck and trailer from Budget Truck Rental for $1100.00 less than U-Haul had intended to charge us. I cancelled the U-Haul reservation, we will not be patronizing any U-Haul businesses ever again. Had we not checked the reservation before moving day we wouldn't have been aware of the "rate increases" until we picked up the truck, it would have been too late to make other arrangements at that point. Scandalous!! Zero stars for U-Haul.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I contacted Uhaul 11/16/17, and reserved 2 UPods to be delivered to my house the following day. She said someone would call me before delivery to explain how to load the pods I waited until well after noon the next day waiting for my pods to be delivered. When I didn’t receive the call I was expected to receive I called Uhaul back and talked to a very helpful employee, Trish. She connected me to Sara, who I believe took my original reservation. She told me I said I would be picking up, which I did not.

Lousy experience all the way around, except for Trish. The only person who tried to provide good customer service. I read the other reviews on this site saying how messed up the UPod service is. If I had read reviews beforehand I would have never attempted wasting my time with Uhaul’s UPod service. I found a full service moving company with excellent reviews which will cost just a couple hundred $ more for full service for my 200 mile move. I haul never again!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

We are devastated. We rented a 15 foot truck to move our fish tanks and fish and and keepsakes before the big move. Our truck was stolen and U-Haul is billing us even though we bought their coverage!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

DO NOT USE THE U-HAUL UPOD SERVICE. There is absolutely no communication from Uhaul’s end on when they are picking up the POD, where they are dropping it off, or when they are dropping it off. It is the most disorganized service. On the front end of my move, I spent hours going to the store/calling Uhaul to ensure that they were coming to get my POD. It was less than 24 hours before my move and Uhaul “could not confirm that I had a delivery time the next day,” which is when I needed to move out…. even though I had gone into a Uhaul location to move the reservation. At that point, I was skeptical that they would deliver it to the right place (since there seemed to be no organization), so I had them repeat back to me (and enter into the case notes) exactly where the POD needed to be dropped off at my address in Illinois.

Somehow, they still managed to send my POD to a Uhaul location that wasn’t “the correct drop off district for my address” Even though I gave Uhaul the correct address, they told me that they didn’t have any drivers to come and deliver the POD to me since it was not “in their district.” I wish I was kidding when I say I spent a week actively calling Uhaul customer service, trying to find someone who would help me because the location of the store that had my Uhaul POD in Alsip, IL did not care. I finally found a manager at their corporate office in Phoenix named Nathan who helped me get my POD a week late, but Uhaul still refuses to fairly compensate me for the move that I had to take a week off of work to coordinate and orchestrate.

I am currently filing my 3rd complaint (I’m still unclear where the last 2 complaints went, but I haven’t heard back). I will update this post to let you know if there is anyone at Uhaul who cares about customer service. That said, I have moved 10+ times in my life, and this was the worst experience I have ever had. I 100% do not recommend this service.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I made a reservation for a 20' truck for a move with a confirmed reservation by email. On day of pickup while driving to the location to pickup, logged on for online pickup and noticed my order was cancelled without any call or notification. At location was initially told it was because I was not on-time to pickup vehicle and after pushing back that my order said nothing about being exactly on time to pickup and also had not received any call from them, was then was told the truth that it was because the vehicle had not been returned, they were overcommitted. Requested another vehicle of different size since I had people waiting to help move and was told there was no other option and they could not help me at all for the entire day. Thankfully for another client who was present and arranged to transfer his vehicle only to me when he returned it a few hours later. Warning to those who are counting on their reservations.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I have attempted to book a unit for an upcoming move twice online in the last 2 weeks and somehow, neither of my reservations went through to anyone. I then called the dealer nearest me and inquired about the rental over the phone. I was told that neither of my reservations existed in their system. The person on the other end of the phone proceeded to take my information, interrupted me several times trying to correct his spelling of my name; it was very incorrectly according to the confirmation information I received.

Fast-forward to today, I receive a call from the National office telling me that the truck I rented over the phone the other day is not available for when I booked it. When I told her that this was not acceptable, she hung up on me. I am extremely dissatisfied with this whole experience, and I am not even able to leave a review on the dealer's site, as they have cancelled my reservation number, or on their Facebook page.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

"U-Haul agrees to contact reserved customer the day prior to pickup to finalize time, place and equipment size. If this varies from customer's reservation preference and an acceptable alternative is not agreeable, U-Haul will make a $50 Reservation Guarantee payment, the reservation will be terminated and the matter closed."

The only guarantee this, provides is for U-Haul to be able to cancel or alter a reservation completely at the customer's expense. After booking a 26' truck 6 weeks ago for a one way delivery, I was informed 2 days before the move, that the requested truck was unavailable. They offered a 15' truck, a glorified pick up truck, that would required at least one more have be returned to the original location, more than an hour away. I called their customer service line to and spoke to several people. All told me there was nothing that could be done. There were several trucks available in the area, but I was told they were strictly for local pickup and drop off. Several suitable alternate trucks were available but were for strictly for local pickups and not one way travel. Calls to several agents, managers and schedulers went nowhere and only empty apologies were offered and that there was nothing they could do.

I've taken screen shots of their site since then where equipment is offered but at rates almost triple what I have quoted. This guarantee allows Uhaul to ensure they have customers weeks and months in advance, without providing the customers any protections. If demand spikes they can simply cancel as many reservations they like, and book to people at the new higher rates. And the $50 credit to a future moving truck is not going to do a lot of good. All this at my expense. Be wary when booking with Uhaul, they may have a lot of inventory, but they're lacking in integrity.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Terrible Experience. In short, I reserved a unit for a long distance out of state relocation. When I got to U-HAUL my unit was not available. With the moving truck right behind me I was forced into a more expensive indoor unit and was not compensated for the difference. Because this new unit was indoors it also took the movers and extra hour+ which cost me an extra $150 dollars. Nothing was done at the store level and when I wrote a compliant to corporate, I never heard back from them. DO NOT DUE BUSINESS WITH U-HAUL. They will treat you like garbage and do not care about the customer at all.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I requested to rent a van and I was told to accept a rental of one van at one location, but: There was no van at that location and I was advised to go to another location. The third location had a van. I am disabled with a walker and all of that walking and standing was physically a hardship. I had movers scheduled to help me and I had to ask for a modification of the arrival time. Fortunately, they were more dependable. I am six one and the driver's seat is limited to move backward because of a petition built to protect the driver from one's belongings hitting the driver but it was very uncomfortable.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I tried twice reserving a truck from U-Haul for a cross-state move and BOTH times requested a specific truck, no ability to, then being told what I need is nowhere within at least 3 hours. That's only part of the frustrations with their awful reservation process. The ONLY decent part was being able to drop off the truck by taking pictures and uploading them, but tough luck if you have bad lighting or no internet access....

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

The ease of rental was great. I simply went online, selected my truck choice and made my reservation. I rested easy because U-Haul guarantees your rental. All set to move on October 3, 2020 in Lancaster PA on Mannheim Pike moving center. I arrived at 9:00 and was told the truck was not available and they could not do nothing. After about 15 minutes one staff person finally said sorry. They offered not alternative and refused to pay the $50.00 guarantee. Unreliable and not honorable. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I rented a truck and auto transport and was told 2 days before my move that they didn’t have any in my area. I could either drive 3 hrs each way to pick them up, or I could wait 72 hrs and at that point they could “Guarantee” I would have a truck & transport where I had requested it. They had my reservation for a month. Why is it they couldn’t guarantee it to begin with? I’ve heard from the movers that work through U-Haul, that this is the normal practice. They don’t want to pay a driver to bring the truck where you’ve rented it. Instead, they inconvenience you - just days before your move. Beside that, you can’t get customer service on the phone. Be prepared to spend a minimum of an hour on hold before you can reach anyone.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I had a horrible experience renting a truck from Uhaul. I had booked a reservation months in advance in IL for my one way move to NH and was told less than 24 hours before that there were no trucks available for over a week. I had movers booked the next morning that I had already been charged for, through U-Haul nonetheless and was told the only option was to drive to Indiana to get a truck. When we arrived they didn't have the equipment we had rented but charged me for it, so we had to go back to another location in IL to get the equipment. We were only given $100 off of the invoice to accommodate 2 hours of driving, additional miles and tolls from IL. No one seemed to care or be accommodating of breaking the "Guaranteed Reservations" slogan. Very disappointed in my experience. Will not rent from Uhaul again.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I reserved a truck for a local move approximately 1 week in advance at a location near me. U-Haul sent a confirmation email for the truck and location. I arrived at the location at the specified pick-up time, 7:30 am, however they had no record of my reservation nor did they have a truck for me. I showed the dealer the confirmation email and he stated "yep, that's me and that's for today but I don't have you in the system or a truck". I had to scramble to find another truck and rented one from another company for significantly more money.

Later I received an email that it was time to check in to pick up my U-Haul truck. Without telling me, U-Haul had moved my reservation to a location more than an hour away and 8 hours later. I called customer service and I was informed that U-Haul had "honored the reservation". It was my fault for not driving to the distant location, 8 hours after I needed the truck, to complete the reservation. I was also told that some customers have had to pick up trucks as far as 4 hours away. No attempt to rectify the situation or address my complaint.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Unethical and extremely poor customer service for this U-Haul location. I ordered a 1-way rental online (at www.uhaul.com) to pick up a 20' ft. truck at this Scotch Plains, NJ U-Haul facility. I received an order confirmation with all the correct details. When I went to the Scotch Plains location the truck was not there and I was told that I had to go pick up the truck at another location over an hour a way! They told me I had no choice but to pick up the truck at the other location. They could not even tell me if the other location was still open (as it was in the evening).

To make matters worse, they told me someone else was scheduled to pick up the same sized truck that night, and told me if that customer is late picking it up (by only 15 minutes!!), that they would give away their truck to me - saying they can't hold trucks and that they have to make sure the trucks are utilized. I couldn't believe that they would do that to that to a customer, and it made me think that they gave away my truck like like they were about to do again! I spoke with the Manager on the phone, and he offered no apologies, concessions, or offer to help locate another truck. This is the worst customer experience that I have ever received. I will never do business with this U-haul location ever again. I reported the incident to the Regional Routing Manager at U-Haul, but I did not get the sense that they were going to take again against this location. My advice is stay away from this U-haul facility.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Renting the truck is very affordable. However, U-haul has nothing to do with hiring movers: they list 3rd parties on their website, but know nothing about what those 3rd parties charge. Also, the moving companies don't supply the truck NOR moving equipment. When I rented moving dollies with the truck, there was only 1 dolly; I was missing multiple dollies. Took longer than expected due to missing dollies. The pick-up/drop-off via phone app is very convenient but takes some time.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I rented a 26 ft truck for my move on Sunday, 9/20/20 for pick up on Saturday, 9/26/20. I received a confirmation with the location I requested. Today, I downloaded the app to facilitate the interaction due to Covid. When I checked the reservation, the location was changed to a location to a location 45 mins away without even a phone call.

When I called this morning they said the "traffic dept" would contact me to confirm everything on Monday, 9/21/20. I advised them that today was 9/24/20 therefore did not receive a phone call. I was told that someone would call me today. I received a phone call approx 3 PM to indicate that the location was in Brick Twp which is almost 2 hrs away. I asked for the supervisor and was told she was the "reservation supervisor". After I complained about the unprofessionalism and lack of notice since my move is 2 days away, she advised she could find me a 17 ft truck 30 mins away. Due to the lack of time I had no choice but to secure any truck as I am afraid I won't have any due to short notice. I will never rent from UHaul again and warn everyone to do your research.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

What an awful experience. I rented 2 U-boxes at the end of June 2020. I loaded them at the time. Their equipment was broken so they could not place them off the trailer or where I wanted them. I let this go. Fast forward to delivery time. I call the customer service line and get passed around 4 times. Nobody can find my U-boxes I'm renting. I ask to have my U-boxes delivered to my new address. So they order me 2 new U-boxes. Once I realize this, I have to call back in. Finally the person I speak to can find them and we cancel the new shipment. However, they cannot deliver my U-boxes, I would need a truck to pick them up or I'd have to get their mover help service. No matter what date I chose!!! I didn't see that in any contract.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

U-Haul tricks you thinking you have reserved a truck. You reserve a truck a week or more before you need it. Less than 12 hours before your pickup they send you a text saying they have no trucks available. Then you try and call them or chat with them and it takes forever to get through. BEWARE...Rent from someone else. They leave you stranded on moving day!!!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Called 1800 listed after 30 minute some department in corporate answered. First question I asked was closest store that sold boxes shipping supplies. She said she doesn't have any information on that and would have to call each store individually. 2nd question was can they install the power cable to haul. Answer was yes. "Great. Where is closest store." She checked and stated had opening for 2 pm. Cost is $90. "Can I give her my credit card number?" Said, "For what." Told just need address. Was told that she will give me that info after I giver her my credit card number. Told her I do not give that out over the phone. She asked for my email address? Said, "Nope" so I can start getting junk mail every day. Said, "Thank you but nope." Hung up.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

I reserved a 20 foot box truck and car transport 3 weeks ahead of time for a 400 mile move. I preregistered with my license and paid for it all ahead of time. All I supposedly had to do was pick up the key. They called me the day before my scheduled move and told me they didn’t have anything for me, other than a truck the next state over if I wanted it. No transport. Then they told me they had a transport but it was in another location over 50 miles away. They told me if I cancelled they wouldn’t charge my card. I informed them that they already did charge my card. “Oh yeah, ok, I see it now” was the response I got.

I had to scramble to find another truck with another company last minute with 1 day left in my apartment before I had to pay another $1800 in rent. Had $1500 already taken out of my account by Uhaul and had to lay out another $1900 for a 16 foot truck from a competitor. That 4 feet I lost from a 20 foot truck I thought I had to a 16 foot truck I ended up with forced me to leave behind a lot of personal items I’ll never see again because it just wouldn’t fit.

But wait, there’s more. My wife rented a cargo van from them for the same moving day to pick up stuff in storage for the big move. She requested a hand truck, they told her they didn’t have any when she picked up the van, then tried to charge her for it when she returned the van without the hand truck. They screamed at my wife over it. U-Haul doesn’t even deserve 1 star. Absolutely the worst experience I’ve ever had in my life with a company as well known as this. Unprofessional doesn’t even fit how horrible it was. I will never use them again. I will tell everyone I know never to use them. Awful.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I rented a U Haul on 8/29/2020 at 16823 Foothill Blvd Fontana, Ca. I was charged wrong. They gave me a contract with the price $492.42 but charged me $599.10. They stole an extra $106.00 from me. Also after paying for the 20' truck and auto transport the receptionist or cashier said that I could pick up my auto transport after moving stuff in truck. I get there around 5pm and one of the workers asked me to park the truck in front of the auto transport assuming he was going to hook it up.

They asked for my receipts and made me wait an hour after arriving on time to put the transport on the truck. Come to find out they were helping another customer with transport when I already paid for truck and transport. They gave my transport to another customer when I paid. This is unprofessional business and I want a refund. I had no where to go because they did not provide me with a transport. They didn't care about the situation they put me in. I want the two guys fired!!! That is no way to treat a customer with disrespect. I will file a complaint with Better Business Bureau and Attorney General Office.

Now I had to leave the truck at the U Haul location and drive somewhere to sleep and eat and go back to the location and find another U Haul that has auto transport because of your incompetent employers! This is a lot of stress and I am going to file a police report because I called the police. Also I just found out they sent me an email canceling my reservation so this tells me they canceled to make it look like I never paid for a truck and auto transport. So they ended up giving the customer the auto transport that I paid for by canceling what I already paid. This is unprofessional business and outrageous the two guys need to be fired! Patricia **

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Loaded 8 Uboxes with all of our furniture for a short (166 miles) move. Guaranteed arrival was 2 days ago, and when questioned the stock answer is "the truck is arriving today to pick them up." Been told this 3 times now and when pressed the customer service rep responded with the equivalent of "it is what it is".

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I did not interact with the storage location, this is a review of the customer service I received which was not helpful at all and I would rate as zero stars. My U-Box was guaranteed delivery August 7th, with a delivery to my condo August 8th. I never received notification that it was delivered in Chicago August 7th, or any update on when I would receive my ubox in Des Plaines on August 8th. I called several times for a total of 6 hours wasted on August 8th only to be told by every customer service rep they "don't know" when it'll be delivered and they don't know where my ubox is, and that they would have the drivers contact me asap (this never happened), they offered me several different numbers to call which all ended up taking me right back to the main U-Haul customer service line again.

I called the following day on the 9th of August and a customer service rep stated my ubox was not yet in Chicago and still in transit, something none of the customer service reps mentioned at all the day before, she offered $50 each day my ubox did not arrive. She then hung up on me without saying goodbye or asking if there was anything else I needed. Fast forward 3 days my ubox was still not in Chicago, I call uhaul August 10th and am informed actually my ubox was delivered on time on August 7th, so I am not owed any money (not sure why each customer service rep is seeing different things and telling me different things), this person who was on live chat ended the chat without waiting for me to respond.

Later that day I get a call from the scheduling department to inform me my ubox will be delivered on the 11th, this person was rude, interrupted me while I was talking, told me they were not late as my ubox was in Chicago since August 7th, and no one guaranteed delivery on August 8, despite me waiting at the condo for 6 hours and taking off of work to be ready to accept the box, and refused to follow through on the refunds I was promised by the prior agent. Mind you on top of all of this each wait time while I was on hold was an hour each time, and I would get transferred to multiple departments and people before actually speaking with someone. Not to mention every agent sounded like they were still in bed sleeping and completely incoherent. I will never use uhaul again, I will not recommend them to a friend, and I would give 0 stars for their customer service because it actually does not service any customers at all.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

From Start to Finish Horrible experience. 5251 N. Keystone Indianapolis In.

1. Dirty Truck
    2. Horrible Customer Service

3. Over Charging for mileage. (ALWAYS TAKE PICTURE OF MILES BEFORE AND AFTER.)

I ordered the 10 inch truck on friday for the following day. I received a call from a very nice lady, who advised me that the 10 inch truck was not available. I asked if the 10inch truck was available that Friday evening she checked and came back and said yes. I would have to be there by 7pm. I said no problem. When I arrived to pick the truck up around 6:45pm, the clerk advised it should be returned by 9pm. I advised the lady said 10 am. Another man turn looked at me and in a very rude manner stated the truck had to be back by 9 no. Instead he said, "8:45 because we have to clean the truck for a customer." I advised no problem. They gave me the keys to the truck (which was dirty when I got it).

I dropped the truck off around 10:30 pm and went back the more around 7am to drop the key off (as it was dark and I could not locate drop box). I went back to the location when they open to get receipt. The same rude man advised he could not find the key, am I sure I put it in the box, he know he did not take that key out the box. I asked him why would I lie about dropping a key in the box. He stated he is sure he did not take the key out that box and he did not have time to deal with this now. He had other customers to assist (like I was not a customer), he would call me when he finish. Well when he called me he informed me that I took the wrong truck.

Keep in mind I took the truck that they showed me and gave me the key to. (He never apologized for their mistake.) At this point he tells me that I went 30 miles, I advised I did not go 30 miles and I took a picture of the mileage before and after. The pictures I took showed I only went 17 miles. After I advised him what the mileage was he charged me for the 3rd time. I now have 3 charges on my account over $100. I called the bank only find that the charges have not been reversed. I called U-Haul again only to be given a reference number and approval number for the wrong receipt. I will NEVER use this UHAUL location again!!!!

Original review: July 31, 2020

Got a flat tire at a gas station in Montana around 8:00pm. Waited on hold for nearly 2 hours before anyone responded and submitted a request online. Finally got the tire fixed around 12:30 am. Very miserable experience.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I made a reservation for a 15' truck at the beginning of the week. I needed to move out on the last day of the month because another tenant is coming in after me. This is how moving works (you'd think U-haul, a company that rents moving trucks, would understand this). I get a call tonight at 4:18 pm (when I was supposed to pick up a truck at 9:30 am tomorrow) saying they don't have a truck at my "preferred" location. Preferred? How about the location I reserved? The only option was to drive 2 HOURS AWAY to pick up a SMALLER truck at NO DISCOUNT.

Um, excuse me? You mean, it's gonna take me a 4-hour round trip just to get the truck? In other words, half the day I had planned to be moving (and enlisted the help of friends, who also have lives and schedules of their own). The woman kept offering me a rental "at my preferred location" for the following day, which would have been too late. Again, do you not understand how moving and lease agreements work? She showed no empathy and acted like this way of doing business is totally normal--like there is nothing shady about U-haul just waiting to see what trucks arrive the evening before your rental and gambling with your plans.

Her manager was only slightly better and at least apologized. But he acted irritated and "business as usual" too. He said they were going to have to call 125 other people and break the same news to them. Are you kidding me? What a slimy, broken business model. Thankfully a kind friend offered their pickup truck so I was able to cancel my order. Never again will I patron U-Haul.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Do not rent from U-Haul!!! They do not "guarantee" a pick-up location. It's only a "preferred" location. I rented and was to pick-up at a "preferred" location and less than 2 hours before I was to pick-up the truck, they changed it to a completely different city. When I called and ask what was going on they said they have the right to change the pick-up location. What we put down is only a "preferred" location and they don't have to honor that. Sorry I was planning on picking it up from one location and then was upset because they changed to a different city. And not only did they change the location, they changed the time I was to pick it up as well. WTF!! Apparently they don't honor anything you put down on-line. I seriously hope they go bankrupt. Do not give them your business!!!!

U-Haul Company Information