AT&T Uverse

AT&T Uverse
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

AT&T U-verse gives you access to live television on a pool of more than 55,000 channels as well as movies and apps on demand. AT&T no longer offers U-verse, but existing customers’ plans are not affected. If you’re interested in AT&T’s television services, read our review of AT&T TV.

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

AT&T Uverse Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Uverse?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T U-verse?

Original review: June 26, 2020

After having a television box fail, I received a new one in two days. The box was not ready for use and I had to call ATT technical Support and spend an hour on the phone to get it activated. Two hours later, the box was remotely disabled. After another 90 minutes on the line with ATT, they were unable to activate it. Now I have to wait another two days to receive another new box that I have little faith will work. The home phone line does not work when the Uverse goes out and the cell phones have little service in my area. Between three phone lines, television and internet, I pay around $500 per month for service that does not work. Go with someone else. ATT is not worth the hassle.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Total garbage. Been an Xfinity customer for over 25 years. Moved and Xfinity wasn’t available—UNTIL NOW THANK GOD! I’ve had ATT for 6 months and it has been nothing but a nightmare. The installer guy was lazy and did a ** job. Drilled into master bedroom suite to put in a cable box or modem thing. Did this instead of getting larger and drilling hole into game room. Didn’t connect any wires to existing wires, actually left a huge bird's nest of wires. I have no access to my account online because the service tech gave me a fake email address and password to login to the account. When l told him it didn’t work, he told me it was a customer service issue and not his. He just sat in his truck day 2 for hours to charge time to the work order but didn’t do a professional job and didn’t care to. Internet is annoying slow—I’m paying for the “fastest.”

Now let’s get to the channel selection. Every other channel seems to be an all day infomercial channel aimed at milking Baby Boomers dry. And the commercials for tv programming are mini informercials. The content is crap to choose from. ATT could get rid of 3/4 and of their channels because it is just garbage. This company is trash.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I was relocating to Memphis. I had a representative from Slingshot contacted me about setting up my internet and tv services through ATT. I was thrilled for the concierge service, that was until my credit card was charged incorrectly multiple times by ATT. I was charged for 2 boxes instead of one. I also had some miscellaneous charges as well. Still that wasn’t the main issue. I set up my cable to be installed. D started toward the end of the month. I was told by Ethan that I had 14 days after Installation to decide if I liked the service. On June 13th I my card was charged for $50.

After being on hold for a lengthy time and forward several times I did get. Nice young man who attempted to help me. They did credit my account back For the months charges and the 2nd box I did not have but refused to give me 14 days from my installation date as discusses with Ethan. The young man said his supervisor Justice would call me back within 1 hour to discuss my concerns. I have not heard from him 7 hours later.

I have been a long time customer with ATT in another State however; how this experience has me evaluating whether to disconnect the service at my home in Atlanta or change vendors. I would like the right to evaluate this product once I move into my new place. I informed Ethan it would not be until the end of June. I never turned on the box because I am not in my new place. ATT stated after 14 days they activate the service automatically. Something not shared along with your payment must be auto drafted, All the very important stipulations were mot communicated verbally. They stated it was a part of the agreement for services.

Do Not rely on ATT to look out for its loyal customer. Lock in a contract is more important than anything else. I give them a 1 for the associate who attempted to fix this. Though I was on hold for a long time he kept me informed of the delay. I have never written a negative review but ATT you deserve this one. Take care of your loyal customers!

Original review: June 1, 2020

My husband & I recently moved to SC and had to obtain our cable/tv/internet service from AT&T as they have a monopoly in the area. They were here (in SC) installing service about a week ago. They then sent our cable boxes to our old address up north rather than here, EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE JUST AT THIS ADDRESS, simply because my husband had not yet revised the billing/mailing address on the CC provided to them!

He has spent hours on the phone with their customer service department 2 separate times (last week and today) trying to get this corrected and now he has to wait another 2 days for a supervisor to call back!! Meanwhile, our cable boxes are sitting still on our old front stoop! AT&T has neither sent someone from FedEx to pick up the package, nor have they forwarded us cable boxes to our current address in SC!!! As I sat in the next room, I could "see" my husband's blood pressure rising! AT&T has the ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE of any company we have dealt with!

Original review: May 31, 2020

Customer service is a nightmare to get a hold of. I keep getting redirected to the MyATT app that just gives me useless articles. I can’t make any changes to my plan online, and I can’t reach customer service. Meanwhile they keep billing me for 1000 gigabytes while I hit 300 megabytes on a good day.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I've had Uverse since it's inception in our neighborhood. Used to be pretty good, but for the last couple of years, it absolutely sucks. TV and internet are both in and out. TV stalls and reboots constantly. I've had service reps at my house at least once a month for the past 6 months and it still sucks. They can't find the problem, much less, fix it. This is after I've spent two hours on the phone to even get a live customer service rep. On the line. I wouldn't recommend uverse to my worst enemy. Looking for a replacement company now.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I am a former Spectrum customer. I made the mistake of switching to AT&T U-verse. In the seven months that I have had the service it has taken at least three calls per issue to get the matter resolved. Before you even get to a person, you have to say you do not want them to reboot your device, reject having them send you some article about the issue, and hold a long time. Once you get a customer service representative they rarely know what to do so they need to look it up as they chat with you all the nonsense they are doing. If you get disconnected they will not call you back even if you ask them to and give them your number.

One time I was on the phone with them to resolve a matter and they told me they will call me on another line but simply hung up. If you give them the smallest attitude they simply hang up. I do not believe they are recording or checking any of the recordings for quality if they do. It is unfortunate that they just don't care. I will be switching back to spectrum and will pay more just to have quality customer service.

Original review: May 4, 2020

AT&T's internet and customer service is horrible. I have the Internet 1000 plan but commonly have download/upload speeds under 100 mbps. When I run an internet test on AT&T's site it says I am getting the full speeds, but on any other internet speed test site I do not get anywhere close to 1000 mbps. The customer service is also miserable, you will go around and around in circles until you speak with someone who may or may not be able to help. If you have the option of using any other internet provider I would highly suggest doing so.

Original review: April 20, 2020

I have had Uverse for several years. (I also have internet and it’s as bad.) The initial interaction went well, however the first bill was very complicated and EXTREMELY HIGH. Attempted to get an explanation but only got a nonsense runaround. A year passes by I receive a notification that my “discount” will end in 7 days. I call to see what options I have. The option I am given is to downgrade my plan but this “new discount” is only valid for 12 months. So I downgraded my plan. Billing was another confusing process and I’m told it was “prorated” yet my bill was much higher again before returning to the low amount and again I was told. Bill was prorated.... Wish I could attach a screenshot with the invoice breakdown. It’s all about to happen again. I received my notification. This complicated overcharging for cable and internet by major companies NEEDS TO STOP!!!!

Original review: April 17, 2020

Stick with Spectrum. I cancelled my Uverse a year ago, April 2019. when I moved to Wyoming. I sent back my cable box per their instructions. The equipment warehouse failed to log my return and I have been getting bills ever since. I spent 6 months dealing with ATT to no avail. Finally, someone found it and it was cleared up. Then, another incompetent SAFU/FUBR and I was sent to collections. I tried in vain to get it corrected, AGAIN. After researching this, I find that the ATT equipment Warehouse does this often. Do the employees have a black market scheme/scam going? **GO WITH SPECTRUM! Much better and you don't pay for the hardware.

AT&T U-verse author review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team