AT&T Uverse
3.05/5
Based on 1,376 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

AT&T Uverse

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

3526 AT&T Uverse Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have Comcast for tv since the building I am in has a bundle deal, which is fine. Xfinity-Comcast tv is great and the stores are super friendly. But for internet, I had to get off of the Comcast cable because of what was becoming off then on situation. I could watch the router reboot itself about every fifteen minutes. I work from home office and had to get my internet working better right away. I switched to AT&T U-Verse for my internet, and have been very happy and relieved. It is fast and always there when I need it for work.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I was using Cox earlier but I experienced a lot of fluctuation. One of my friends suggested switching to Uverse. Now after 6 months of usage I must say it has the best internet service. Also they helped me to reduce Billing from $234 to $154. Very friendly customer service too.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I, had four other services before AT&T Uverse. Cox (the worst), Daniels (pretty good but acquired by some big one) and two others; all bad, expensive, NO customer service, all services bundled with things I don't want. Finally tried AT&T Uverse. Customer service: Excellent, I get through to a human quickly fast; Equipment repair, 24/7 (almost), quick, friendly, so, so fast. A new box in hours, good, nay excellent and friendly techs. Service; near perfect, good service packages, cheap, no pressure. Cable as it should be. I always recommend to friends.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

About a month I experienced bad weather and my cable equipment was struck by lightning. I was without cable/internet for few days. I tried to follow instructions that AT&T provide to restart your modem (box, whatever term for equipment). After finally realizing equipment would not work, I contacted AT&T. They ran diagnostics over phone and realized equipment was no good. They agreed to send technician out to repair. Whatever time you assigned be aware to add two-three hours to that window.

Technician finally comes and says, "Your equipment was struck by storms, I'll replace." Forward a month later and bill reflects a $100 fee. I was charged for what I consider ACT OF GOD through storms. Call customer service and they agree but said must get cleared through billing disputes. Guy was complete JERK saying technician put in his notes MY EQUIPMENT WAS UNPLUGGED. Mind you I was without cable for two days, why would I put myself through that misery. I've been loyal customer for 3 yrs BUT I REFUSE to be taken advantage of. I'll find another cable provider who will back their services and not prey on customer. Technician was liar as well but guess he was just part of wheel of AT&T.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! Where do I begin. We had AT&T Uverse at over $180/month. After being approached by a local AT&T representative (Manager) to switch plans to AT&T Internet and AT&T TV Now at a greatly reduced cost of $100/month. After 3 billing cycles and actually paying more than twice as represented, we were told "we didn't mean to lie, we had a quota to make!"

Talking with a supervisor of AT&T Customer Service, they responded repeatedly (1 hour and 34 minutes later), "We understand how you feel. There is nothing we can do." I sent the supervisor a picture of a promotion for AT&T Internet + TV Combo for $89.99/month I just received in today's mail. Her reply, "AT&T cannot honor that promotion." We were lied from the beginning, the manager confirmed the lie, the Customer Supervisor confirmed the lie and her lie. DO NOT buy AT&T. AT&T admitted to lie and will do nothing to correct the lie, EVEN with a printed promotion in the US mail. WOW! There is no excuse. I cannot make this up. DO NOT EVER USE AT&T. A corporation who lies, admits they lie and will do nothing to correct their lies. NEVER AGAIN!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I switched from Sprint to AT&T because their service is supposed to be really good or so they promote. I live in FL and they are relatively new to my area and so they had lots of promotions and perks to switching. That being said I get no data service at home, calls are fine, but the problem is that I signed up for their home internet fiber 300 which was supposed to be really good as well, but turns out to be the worst internet service I’ve ever had. So now at home I get no data and no wifi on my wireless devices including my phones. To top it off part of the promotions were never seen through such as switching gift cards, and the representative that came to my house with all this offers and great service promotions will not return calls. Their customer service doesn’t help, because they say it’s not in their system, and won't even allow for filling a complain or talking to the manager of this representative who reached out to me to sell me this terrible service.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

When my husband called to set up service they insured him we could get speed of 100. We stream through Roku, Xbox and computer games. The $100 installation fee would be broken up into three payments reflecting on our first three bills. They immediately took the $100 out of the account for the installation. Although that's not what they told us they were going to do that was fine. They had also told us they could have a technician out on Monday. On Monday we were informed the soonest the technician could come point was Thursday. Although we weren't happy about that we accepted and scheduled. On Thursday when the technician came out he told us the highest speed we could get was 25 which would not be sufficient for what we needed. They completely lied to us.

Had they been upfront with us we could have called another company who could provide us with what we needed. They lie to their customers and cannot provide what they promise. We live in apartments and I'm sure we are not the first people to call then for service so they should already know what they can and cannot provide in this area. We live in Corpus Christi, TX. It's not like we are out in the middle of nowhere. When i called to ask why we were told one thing by then and another by the technician they could not peroxide me with a good answer or allow me to speak to a manager. So now I have to wait for the money to be credited back to my card and find another provider. Very disappointed with them and would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

First, let me say I have been an ATT customer for 20 years. My cell service is ATT, my home TV is Uverse. I found myself in need of internet service at my new office. I decided to use ATT. I made an install appointment which was over a week later. The appointment came and went with no one showing up. I called the next day and was told that the tech left me a message (I never received any) and that since I didn't answer when he called my appointment was canceled. He apparently never bothered to drive by as we are a business that is always open and someone is always there. "No problem" said the terrible support rep, "we'll just reschedule you for another week later." I asked if I could speak to someone about expediting the appointment. No, but I could go to the terrible myATT app and look there for a different date.

I tried that and it canceled my appointment with no notice when I tried to see what other times may be available. So I had to call be to the 800 number again and the next appointment was 2 days later than the first, 8 days in total. Now I am waiting for over 2 weeks for internet, 5 phone calls and about 2.5 hours of support time. I don't even have service yet and they have shafted me. What a piss poor service. The customer support is powerless and offshore. They are well trained to repeat themselves in a pleasant voice over and over again every time they tell you bad news. There is no such thing as a supervisor to speak to. Basically ATT could care less if they have upset customers.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I have had ATT internet for almost 2 years because I got stuck in the 2 year contract in October 2017. Which all by itself is crazy. I mean you wouldn't sign a 2 year contract with any other service you receive. Can you imagine going to a mechanic and before he does any work you have to sign a 2 year contract to use his services? If I like the service then I keep coming back not because you all but force me to come back. Anyway my internet speeds slowed down to the old fashioned dial up speed after 22g which is simply outrageous when you're paying almost $100 a month.

The device I got stuck with would often stop working and when they finally sent me a new one (November 2017) it worked a little better but still had all of the problems the last one did. When I called again in December 2018, they got me a deal on a different kind of internet that was supposed to be better speed and lower payments and at no extra charge for equipment or install. It was better until February when my service got disconnected in spite of the money coming out religiously each month. I called to find out what was going on only to find out that these people had set up a new account for the internet so I had 2 lines for 2 months both charging nearly $100 each month. I told them I didn't want a second internet option (I mean I am not running a business) and asked them to fix it.

After nearly 4 hours on the phone we finally worked it out so I got to keep my crappy internet and the other account that I never wanted in the first place was supposed to disappear. All the while I haven't received any Bill's paper or through email. Then in April I get a call from a debt collector saying I owe ATT for the line they added without my consent. Some of the people who work for customer service are really nice but that is the only kind thing I can say about AT&T. So with this being my last month of their service I am 100% sincere when I say I won't ever go with ATT again in this lifetime. If you like unnecessary drama, super slow internet, extra Bills and being ripped off every which way but loose then by all means use this company. Hands down worst company ever.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I had AT&T home phone plus internet service. When I moved out I cancelled both services. Eventually I found that they had cancelled the phone service but were still billing me for the internet service. So I called them to resolve the billing error. I spent one hour on the phone talking to three different people before I finally reached someone capable of fixing the billing error. I was to receive a small refund. The refund came in the form of a prepaid Mastercard. This method of refund is an improper consumer practice, because the consumer typically ends up leaving a small balance of unspent funds on the card.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

• Best for: Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs