AT&T Uverse
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

AT&T Uverse

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

2872 AT&T Uverse Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Let me start by stating we had AT&T phone service house and wireless when they were BellSouth, Cingular, etc. DirecTV back when they put an antenna in our tree. So about 30 years. About 10 years ago our monthly bills started arriving every month with errors (always in their favor) least an hour or two every month on the phone correcting these errors. They would say they would credit or give us a free month. More often than not they did not. So we quit AT&T and DirecTV. Well last week a representative came to our home. We decided to switch back cause they offered no data cap. Supposed to come today between 1-3. No show, no call. Wasted a half day. Called. Got sooo many conflicting stories.

Bottom line, wouldn't honor the price quoted in signed contract. Said representative didn't have their pricing info correct so we'd be paying over $20 more a month with lesser internet service, started conversation that what was sold to me isn't available in my neighborhood (they spent a month this summer tearing up our yards to install the latest fiber optics). Someone didn't complete the appointment info in their computers. Another wasted hour on the phone ended up canceling. WILL NEVER GIVE ATT ANOTHER TRY!!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

We were lied to from the beginning when we were told the promo prices were the permanent prices. Years of billing problems. Downsized services in September. The prebill in September for October. They prebilled me for services I canceled. They refused to correct the bill. They wanted me to pay the incorrect amount and wait for a credit. When I explained that was not an option I was told to pay for the services I in fact wanted.

Forward to October. Their credit was not correct. Trying to tell me basically that 7-2.5 was the same as 2+2. In addition they charged me late fees for not paying for something I had canceled. Again I was told this would be corrected. Nov bill more of the same. Customer service this time was very very rude telling me "we will credit you THIS time but next time you have to pay on time!!!" Like I was ever late!!! I'm so done with them. Hope Spectrum can keep its billing dept honest.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

AT&T has the worst internet service in the State of South Carolina. They advertise one price and use a range of for example 16-24 meg download, but then it slows to 3-5 but they charge almost a hundred dollars per month for that service. For retired and disabled persons, they are medically monitored over the internet. The speed here on this main highway no more than 20 miles from Charlotte and between Gastonia and Rock Hill with almost a 100,000 people in those cities, but the counties in South Carolina get sorry internet service. North Carolina passed their law requiring their counties to be serviced, but South Carolina is run by the one party in power now and all they do is want to buy out Time Warner while charging everyone in my area 2-4 times what others have to pay for the same speeds in different states and cities.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

About a year and a half ago when paying my bill, I was speaking with an AT&T representative who urged me to replace our U-Verse with DirecTV, he stated that UVerse was being phased out and that AT&T now owned DirecTV, and he stated we could save a bit of money with the new internet service. So we did. Since then my husband suddenly passed away, and though I tried to hang on long as I could to all of the services, my new income just couldn't afford the DirecTV package my husband and I had enjoyed, just too expensive. So, I called to cancel the TV package. Guess what, they are charging me for an EARLY CANCELLATION FEE OF $200.00!!! If we had stayed with their UVerse we/I would have been well over the contract-early out fee.

I told them why, because they asked why I was canceling..."because my husband died and I can no longer afford all of the services" (I still have my cell ph and wifi with AT&T). I asked if they could not please waive these fees since there was my husband had died...they allowed me to believe it was possible, then I got the bill). I called about it, they said that I would need to pay it, and then they would decide. Wow...how very very awful!! And I wonder, was it because our UVerse contract was about to expire that they urged us to go for DirecTV?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I time off to wait for AT&T to hook up services at our new home. We're in a new development - can't find us on GPS. I somehow missed the one call that they couldn't find our place and would have to reschedule. I had no way to call them back. Call went to Customer Service and they couldn't get them to call me and tell them the directions - between that 5 minute time frame. Someone (AT&T) need to get their act together.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Before AT&T pushed Uverse I was getting 6 mps download, then AT&T increased my bill from 24.99 to 49,99 and dropped me down to 3 mps. Now that I am on the snap program I am down to less than 1 mps, and the connection drops at least 9 times a day. When I signed up on the snap program I was told I will receive 10 mps. Never happened. If I could afford to I would move over to Comcast but I am stuck. Very bad company. I would not recommend at all.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

When we got talked into going from Comcast to U-verse, we were told they would be in and out within minutes. When the man got here to hook it up, it took hours and he had to run new lines which we were told would not happen either. Since getting U-verse we have been unable to use our On Demand as it is in Spanish or free movies want rental money. When I go to free movies I expect them to be free. I have spent over 8 hours on the phone with AT&T this week and after 2 hours today I hung up. I have kids to feed and take care of and don't have time to be put on hold over and over again. Had I known then what I know now I would never had changed, very angry customer.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I've began Services with AT&T in September getting internet and cable and already regret it. I actually started regretting it the first week since my cable with Uverse went out the first week of having it. Took them a week to come out. It still goes out. UVerse goes out constantly!!! It's now November and AT&T did an auto-pay that I never set up! I told them a few times I didn't want it when they asked when I was setting up Service and after paying October’s bill. I've yet to get the current bill they drafted my account for and according to the email from my bank I get every morning it was higher than last month and what I was quoted my bill to be. In these couple months I've talked to customer support a few times and they all tell you something different. Guess there's no proper protocol. The reps just get on the phone and freestyle. I didn't even know you could keep people’s debit card info and pay their bill for them.

I called. Got a rep that didn't apologize or show any concern. Just acted like I was a bother. She also couldn't explain the increase in my bill. When I sarcastically asked if I can expect my bill to keep getting higher SHE SAID YES!! Smh... what can a consumer do in this situation especially when you're locked in a contract with the mafia?? After reading reviews I'm glad I didn't fall for the BOGO cell phones. Hopefully it will get better for us all.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I've been in dispute with a bill through AT&T for over 6 weeks now. Every time I call to check on the status I'm told to wait 7-10 days. I'm getting absolutely nowhere with them! I would never recommend AT&T to anyone for any type of service! They will never get my business again. Very disappointing!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017
We moved across country and signed up for AT&T. Since we're a new customer there was not supposed to be a $99 fee for installation. We were charged the $99. It took 3 visits to the local AT&T store and numerous emails and calls to get a refund. My biggest complaint is that AT&T gives me Yahoo email. Why? I already have FREE Yahoo so why am I paying for AT&T for email? Solution I don't waste my time with AT&T email. I use Gmail or my REAL Yahoo email accounts.

Stay away from AT&T.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I called into AT&T and spoke to an AT&T Representative about internet services for our home. I was hoping to save our family money as I am currently underemployed. I explained I needed internet only and did not want to be placed into a service contract. I was quoted a price of $20 a month with no contract and no installation charges (I installed the equipment myself by the way). It took well over 4 calls at 2+ hours a call to get my services working. AT&T had made a mistake initially and needed to correct my account information. About a month after my services were in place, I received a bill for $110. I called AT&T and after 5 calls and 4 hours later, I finally got someone to admit that I had been enrolled in an internet package that was $61 a month, charged my installation fees and had included an early termination contract of $400 dollars in my plan.

I could not believe my ears. I attempted to get things corrected, but kept getting transferred from person to person occasionally getting hung up on and having to start my story from the beginning each time. I finally spoke to a retention specialist in some foreign country (very rude) who refused to cancel my services after placing me on hold nine times over a 2 hour long time frame. Eventually he told me he was in the wrong department to cancel my services. Sooo, I am currently emotionally and mentally drained by this terrible company. I should have never left Comcast to save $20 bucks a month. Choosing AT&T was such a costly mistake.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I just hung up with ATT after having been on the phone 1 hour and 7 minutes to cancel U-Verse and upgrade internet. I hung up because the NINTH person I was transferred to (after entering or giving someone my phone number 11 times) basically told me no supervisor was available, she could not "hold the line open" for me to wait for one and she could not resolve my issue. If I had any other service provider in this area besides Spectrum (with great speeds but continuously drops signal) I would never ever use ATT ever again.

My issue (just so those of you who might think to yourself, "Ahh... This is nuts, she has some whacked out ideas and is unreasonable". Cancel U-Verse at the end of a 2 year contract and upgrade internet. Simple eh? Call customer service # on website. Go through automated prompts to find that number was not correct and need to call 800-288-4020. Call new number, talk to first person (whom I later find out is in sales), get transferred to billing person. Billing person can't "do everything" so wants to transfer me again, I ask for a supervisor. Get transferred to "retention" department, immediately ask for supervisor.

This is where I start logging notes. Supervisor "John" assures me "the next person will be able to handle all my issues. (Reminder, issues are canceling at the end of a 2 year contract and upgrading internet). John the supervisor transfers me to a cellular phone agent in Oklahoma who (God love her) had the patience of Job but did stay on the line with me while she dialed the above 800 number and talked me through the same prompts I had already done. Juliette (the wireless gal in Oklahoma) handed me off to Lorali in billing. Lorali was happy to upgrade the internet but had to transfer me to deal with canceling U-Verse.

Sasha, in "customer loyalty" stalled checking for deals to entice us to keep U-Verse for about 10 minutes (mind you my phone showed I was already on this call more than 50 minutes). Dude... We just don't watch TV. We Netflix. This is when Sasha hits me with the "early termination fee" because our "contract started in the system on August 2016 with an upgrade of equipment". PAUSE FOR HISTORY. I ordered and had U-Verse installed October 2015 when I purchased and moved into my first home. ATT installed the WRONG EQUIPMENT and it took me until August of 2016 and multiple calls to get the CORRECT equipment. So according to UVerse, this reset my contract date.

I explain all of the above to Sasha and ask point blank why ATT is so incompetent I can't get my issues dealt with and do they really expect me to pay an early termination fee because THEY DIDN'T GET ME SET UP WITH THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT TO START WITH AND TOOK 9 MONTHS TO GET IT FIXED? I asked for a manager or supervisor. Hold for 5 more minutes. Sasha comes back to the line, tells me all the supervisors are busy and told her to tell me they can't do anything because my contract confirmation was sent August 2016. I say, "I'll wait on hold for one. I have been on the phone an hour and 7 minute already, what's a few more?" Sasha tells me, "I can't hold the line open for you to wait". I hang up. Swear. Walking in to an ATT STORE now. My husband is ready to puke from the stress.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Called to understand if my account was out of contract. Called the standard ATT wireless number. They let me know that it was out of contract and I could have an upgrade. I said, "No thank you; however could you send me to Uverse as I need to renegotiate my yearly contract." The ATT Rep on the phone named "Leo" Said before he could proceed, I would need to pay my bill of x- amount $ (He knew the amount I owe so I trusted him). I proceeded to give my CC# and he asked for Driver's License which I found odd. He explained it was because my account was past due. I gave it to him and Within minutes I get an email that I just ordered a new iPhone! I was looking for my payment confirmation and checked my bank account. The deduction from ATT was for $57.95?! Both the email for the new iPhone and the $57.95 charge to my account were both pointing to fraud.

I call their fraud department and the woman could not be more bored or apathetic. She said, "it was fraud and it must have been one of our "contractors" and we can't investigate our "contractors"- the contractor's manager does it and we have no control over it!" WTF? No responsibilities, no apologies and as it looks, no oversight. I can understand if I used the wrong number but this was internal fraud folks. Never give out your driver's license and if they ask for it, hang up. He was able to open a new account with my DL#, order an iPhone, bill it to me etc... Luckily I caught on pretty fast. Of the 7 people I spoke with, only one sounded like she knew what she was doing. Everyone else, I could hardly understand. I'm moving all my services to a company I can trust and a company that takes responsibility and action when warranted. The fraud agent didn't care about phone numbers, people's names- nothing. Unbelievable.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

We paid our AT&T bill 2 weeks ago and kept getting calls that we needed to pay our bill. When we called the number that AT&T left we got a recorded message that would not let us speak to a person until we made another payment on our bill. We called multiple numbers for a week and they wouldn't let us speak to a person until another payment was made. Each day we would get another message from AT&T. Worst customer service in the world. I finally gave up and made an unnecessary payment on the account and I got through to a person. She informed me that this shouldn't have happened. Goodbye AT&T. You are the worst!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

On September 7, 2017 an AT&T sales agent, Marcel, knocked on my door and told me that my area now has Optic fiber internet available and that AT&T is running a special promotion for my area. He told me he can give me the "THE FASTEST INTERNET" for $40 without any contract and installation fee, and I signed up. The internet quality that I was receiving was not great so I went to check what was wrong and found out that I was getting 50mbps internet and not the fiber internet that the sales agent verbally told me I would get. I looked at the receipt that I received from the sales agent and he had actually marked the 50mbps SO I understood that he made a fool out of me and since I had signed the receipt I never complained about it.

My nightmare began when I got my first bill. I was charged $99 installation fee. I called the sales agent right away because he wrote his number on the receipt in case I had any problems. He told me he will get it fixed right away, but nothing was fixed and he never received my call after that or replied to my text. Next I called the AT&T customer services, after my call was dropped 3 times after I had explained my issue, I finally talked to a guy who told me that he has sent my complaint to some department and gave me a ticket number and told me AT&T will get back to me in 10 to 15 days. I went ahead and paid the $40 thinking the rest of the charges will be removed. NO ONE GOT BACK TO ME.

I received my second bill and nothing had changed, so I called them back, the lady who received my call was rude from the very beginning. She gave me excuses like I had to bundle my service with something else to not be charged and basically in the end told me that I will have to pay the charges regardless of that. I was told by the agent because her records don't show anything saying I will not be charged the extra fee. I asked her to connect my call to a manager and she got pissed off and mumbled something and before I could ask her to repeat herself, my call was kept on hold and I never heard from her or the manager. All this time I kept on telling them that I have the receipt that I got from the AT&T sales agent which clearly says all one time service charges are waived, and I can e-mail them a copy of it. They did not want it.

I hung up and called them again, and this after explaining my problem to this guy, he told me that he will go ahead and remove the service charge of $99 but I had to pay $13.33 for the internet I used from 9/11 to 9/20 and since I did not pay that during the first billing session and only paid $40, I was charged a $9 late payment fee. So I asked him if he could remove late payment fee since AT&T sent me a bill with wrong charges and they did not fix it in time. He told me that he can't do that. I was so tired of this whole thing I told him I will go ahead and pay the late charge. I thought my nightmare was over when this guy had the audacity to tell me that Since he is removing this $99 charge from my account AT&T WILL NEVER MAKE ANY ADJUSTMENTS TO MY ACCOUNT.

So to summarize it all: AT&T sent me a bill with wrong charge on it, causes me so much inconvenience and anxiety, treated me like I was lying, fixed a problem they had caused and made it sound like they were doing me a favor, charged me a late fee on a bill that they didn't fix in time, and after all that, told me I would not be assisted in future because even though they fixed a problem that they caused, I had used their one time account adjustment policy or whatever they call it.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Contacted online support because modem went out 3 times in a 24 hour period. Their initial response was to “download our app”. My response was “Lights are out on the modem besides rebooting (for the third time). What else would the app tell me.” Agent Steve stated he would check line for issues. At least two hours waiting and “Steve” has not yet responded. They keep trying to sell me higher speed internet, why would I purchase a higher speed when they can’t address problems with what I already have. And yes I have the transcript from the online chat - or lack of.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

For the last two months, I have found it almost impossible to pay my bill. My login information completely fails on both the app and the website, so I have no access to my account with either option. I just paid by phone, and the system is so glitchy that it took five attempts. All told, it took me three hours to pay my bill last month, including about 45 minutes on the phone with customer service, and almost an hour tonight. They have been aware of these issues in their system for years, and despite several "overhauls," the problems just keep getting worse. They slap new logos on their app and website, and then sit back and watch their ratings plummet even further. They wouldn't exist if it weren't for the internet service actually being a solid product. Uverse had a chance to absolutely own the Louisville market, but now you'll be erased by Google Fiber. Good riddance.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I had a terrible experience. I tried to remove NFL ticket. The first time I called agent said I would only pay 20.00 versus 49.99 a month. The next month no it was there again so I called agent. She promised to remove give a 20.00 credit and gave me stars and Showtime as a free promotion for 3 months. You guessed it. Both were billed and no credit. I decided to then cancel service. Called and every time I tried I was told to transfer to special department where after a few questions I was told to hold and was left there with no one coming back on phone. The last time I called I told the first agent I got I was done with their service and from that point I would not speak with them anymore. They were making me ill. Do you know that rep did call back to bully me. I hung up promptly. Terrible service and agents must not be monitored on their jobs. I highly recommend to anyone to stay clear of this company.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I recently had to cancel the AT&T Uverse service for my parents who were moved into Assisted Living. When I talked with the representative, I was told that the contract was Sustainable and with a bank and the cancellation fee could not be forgiven by anyone at AT&T. I asked who I could talk to at the bank. The representative said he did not know what bank. So, my parents had a contract with a nameless faceless bank. My brothers and sisters have to support my parents as they have no assets. So this cancellation fee of $240 is a burden to us. It makes me angry that there was no consideration given for changes in my parents' circumstances. Very disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I first signed up for AT&T at my old home. For the most part it worked well and I had no complaints. When I went to move I called AT&T to switch my internet to my new address. The customer service rep said it would cost twice as much at my new location even though I needed a smaller plan because I would be living with less people. I called Spectrum and was able to get a quote for half the amount AT&T was offering. I called to cancel my service with AT&T when they offered to drop the price. Since I had had a good experience with AT&T in the past I went with them. I set up an appointment for someone to come over to my new address. After missing 6 paid hours of work I called AT&T to see where the service technician was. The customer service rep informed me the previous rep forgot to make the appointment so she set me a new one. The second appointment comes around and again no one shows up.

Now I am in the whole 10 hours of paid work. I call AT&T and she apologizes saying she will have someone out there by 8pm... It was 1 pm. Now I am missing the entire rest of my day at work! The women promised to compensate me three months of internet as well as lock me in at my previous price of 37$. Three months later I check the bill to divide it between me and my roommate and SURPRISE I have been paying 60$ for the last three months. When I call to complain to AT&T "there are no notes in my file from my move." And they can't offer me anything other than the 60$ I am paying. Long story short incredibly unethical company. They lie to get you in contracts and then charge you much more than you were promised.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I made an attempt to upgrade my package. A process that should take about 5 minutes took 1 hour and 45 minutes and still was unable to upgrade. This experience lead me to cancel service due to terrible customer service and very poor service.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Moved to Corpus Christi in June 2017. Had our AT&T U-verse transferred from our home in NTX. Ever since we had it installed in Corpus Christi we've had problems with dropped signals. After many calls I finally asked for a tech to come out. They kept trying to "fix" it from their office first. Over the next three and one-half weeks I had 6 techs visit the house. Each one beat his chest and told us he was the one they send out when they can't get things fixed. We had the modem replaced 4 times, outlets replaced for their wiring because the last tech did not ground it properly. And the list of things that are "wrong" goes on and on. Some days we had dropped signals up to 12 times a day. We kept a list of times and dates of the lost signals per AT&T's request.

I have talked with at least 4 supervisor level managers who promised me the world but delivered nothing. The last one I spoke with I mentioned I would like a credit for the trouble we are having. She offered me a whole $9 credit. What an insult. I called another provider who came out and installed their services to our home within 24 hours. We've not had one problem since then. The AT&T equipment has been returned and I will never go back to them. Terrible company and service in Corpus Christi!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

When signing with AT&T Uverse in early May of 2017, I was assured by the salesperson named David that we could get the basic package which included TV, internet & phone for 89.99 plus tax and fees, adding up to $110.40 per month. I was told that the TV package would include all of the local and cable channels. I was never told that I was under a two-year contract (even though a two-year contract showed up on the bills). The service was anything but what was promised. The first bill 6/12 - 7/11 was for $141.40, with a past due amount of $31.00. I talked to Shanlan at customer service who said to go ahead and pay the 110.40. No explanation was made as to the additional charges. HBO and other channels were included in the service, which I never asked for, were included. I was told that these were free. This continued for the next three months. I have a list of who I talked to and what was promised.

On 8/9 I was assured that I would get the basic service that I originally ordered. Finally my TV service was cut to little more than local TV channels; no CNN, no MSNBC, TNT, etc. I asked for what I was promised originally, and was told this would raise the monthly fee to 129.99 per month. I mistakenly agreed, because there were some shows that I wanted to watch. I was charged an additional $53.00 for activation of the new service (which I should have had originally). Instead of the promised $129.99, I was charged $178.31 (including taxes and fees). I cancelled the service in September. I was told by the C.S. representative that there would be a cancellation fee of $165.00, which I said I would dispute.

Now I have received early termination fees of $300.00, plus surcharges and fees, equaling $310.39. At the bottom of the invoice, it shows a balance due of $383.47 by November. I also dispute this. I was never under the understanding that this was a two-year agreement. Even so, I was not provided the services as promised. Furthermore, I am a senior citizen, and I believe that the fast-talking salesperson and c.s. people took advantage of my age. I intend to file complaints with the FTC, the Better Business Bureau and the California District Attorney's office.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

They said if we switched from Dish Network to DirecTV we could buy one iPhone and get on free. We started the switch. To make matters worse, a contractor for DirecTV stole our property. Then on the day of the promo, AT&T withdrawals it. Very unprofessional and illegal as we had already paid $100.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

So ATT treats its customers like crap, they have highly untrained morons who answer calls who don't know how to treat its customers with respect. They seem to be clueless about the channels they offer, so I had the CW always with cable, they tried to tell me I never had a channel that I know I had like I am so stupid I would not know any better. I was transferred multiple times and spoke with a bunch of incompetent individuals who were clearly not qualified to talk to customers or do the very basics of their jobs. If I could get rid of ATT I would in a heartbeat but unfortunately I live in an apartment complex and they are the only cable company we can have.

ATT is the worst company I have ever had the displeasure to do business with and I sincerely hope they get dissolved and all their employees get fired for lack of competence and customer service. ATT as a whole sucks, I knew this when they were horrible with as my cell phone provider but they just keep proving me right, no focus on customers at all. ATT I hope your company belly's up and all your pathetic excuses for employees are without jobs. Customers make you and guess what they can also break you.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I have not had reliable service for the past month and a half. I called to get my bill reduced and was sent to customer loyalty. Jeff refused to discount my bill and only wanted to push me to dish. I said no and he asked when I wanted to terminate my service. I have been with Uverse since 2005. Unbelievable!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

This company says that they are helping the people that was affected by hurricane Harvey but they DON'T!!! They set you up with a payment plan (so they say) and a few days later they turn off your service for nonpayment and say that the person that set up your payment plan didn't process it all the way. If I could give them 0 stars I would!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

AT&T U-Verse is the most unreliable internet I've had in my life. They are slow, our internet drops out at least once, if not twice a day. We are paying $70 a month or more their service and it isn't even worth half of that. Unfortunately AT&T U-Verse is the only internet service available where we live at the moment, so we are stuck with them until we move. When we do move, we will never go with them as an internet provider ever again.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I can't even give them a rating because I have basically been lied to about the cost of the services that are provided. I am basically paying over $400 each month on a single parent teachers salary. I have been to the AT&T store where I signed up for services on 3 different occasions where I was told that they would waive some of the fees. I have yet to see the amount waived. What was so bad is the bill has conflicting fees/amounts. I asked why the bill depicted lower amounts, and I had to pay the higher amounts, I was never given a straightforward answer.

I will be making my 4th trip this week to probably sit there for another hour after work to listen to more BS. I am not sure what the next step needs to be, but I plan on going to the better business bureau next. I have also asked to have my bill due on 25th of each month because I am paid once a month on that date. I paid on time last month and was charged a $2 late fee. Their lack of customer service makes me want to cut my loss, break the contract, and pay the cancellation fee. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I had an appt on Friday from 1-4 and no tech showed up - I called customer service and was on hold for over an hour and had to res my appt to Saturday at 3... Still no one came or called me... Spoke to three different customer services that night and they said they would call me the next morning (Sunday morning). I get a phone call saying it will be 2 weeks before they can come to my house to fix the problem -- so now I have spent a total of 9+ hours waiting on a tech and on the phone.... This is the worst customer service!!! And still no results!!! As I type this I am still on hold!!! IF THIS IS THE BEST THEY HAVE I DON’T WANT IT!!! CANCEL THIS AND MOVING ON TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

• Best for: Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs