Formerly named AT&T U-verse

3.9/5 (725 ratings)

About AT&T Internet

AT&T Internet offers multiple plans, including a 1 Gbps plan suited for those who have multiple devices or use HD streaming services. Prices range from $45 to $80 for the first year of service, but prices increase after the 12-month introductory period. The company's gateway acts as a modem and provides Wi-Fi coverage, although those with large homes may need optional Wi-Fi extenders for whole-house coverage. If you’re interested in AT&T’s television services, read our review of AT&T TV.

AT&T Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I waited weeks for an install date. On the date they did not show up. No call or email just no show. Called them and after about an hour I finally got to speak to a person. Very difficult to understand. Their English was not good. All they could do was apologize. Gave me another appointment for almost another week away. Said it was the best they would do. It doesn’t matter to them that I took off work to be there during their no show. They really don’t care.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

I've been with AT&T for a few years on the low income program and was doing just fine until someone from the company tried selling me a phone...I told him I did not want any extra billing because I have other bills and I know what I can and can't pay...He didn't take no for an answer and continued to harass me about getting the phone saying that my charges on the phone would never change...Well, they did and it caused me to fall behind on my bill...No one would work with me to keep my service...After losing my service AT&T sent me something about paying half, which is what I ask them if I could before they disconnected me...

When I called to talk about it...I couldn't get any help or real answers...I'm very disappointed at AT&T not that they care...But they would care if everyone left for another company...I needed the internet for my son so he could do his schooling...Thanks a lot AT&T for not giving a damn about loyal customers and lying to your customers to make more money.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

This review is regarding my situation but some of my neighbors have mentioned similar issues. In the last two months AT&T have had several outages that have lasted over a week or longer. When contacting customer service and technical support they give you the run around and never receive call backs from their supervisors. The speed usually gets very slow around 6 pm to 9 pm, think those are some of their peak hours. With the experience I have had with AT&T Internet, I highly recommend looking at Spectrum and EarthLink which some of my neighbors already have and give good reviews about them. I have also contacted AT&T Office of the President through The California Utility Commission. AT&T said they would have a Manager contact me but it didn’t happened.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

Hey I’m not sure what is AT&T issue but every time they come out to install new lines to our neighbors they cut our line in the ground. I have a security system and I’m down for at least 2-4 days because of their reckless behavior.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Just switch to AT&T from Verizon which was the biggest mistake I've ever made. My AT&T is supposed to have unlimited data but all I get is a message saying no data. If you turn off the Wi-Fi you can't do anything. Calls are constantly dropped, half never go thru. It is just ridiculous, don't know how they get away with saying they are the best 5g when it is a GREAT BIG LIE. DO NOT EVER GET OR SWITCH TO AT&T.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Continuing and ongoing pricing issues. If I lived in an area with any other choices I would use them. They are aware of my situation but used to give discounts for the 24 years I have been with them. Now they, as AT&T have become penny pinchers and could care less about their customers.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

If I could rate AT&T a 0, I would. They ruined our yard & our neighbor’s while burying cable. We got the runaround trying to get the right dept. I was told to speak to someone in Risk Management then later told their employees have to email RM to contact them. Everyone wanted to hear my story but no one could resolve the damage done to our yard. Just a transfer. Every time we call, we’re on hold for 30 minutes. Then transferred and another 30 minutes. We were told to talk to someone in risk management/damage control but it seems that department doesn’t exist because every person we talk to get all the information as the person before them, then they transfer us again. I was informed to check my claim on their claims site (mysedgwick.com). It doesn’t work. Whenever I enter the Case ID I was given I get a message, “we are unable to validate your registration based on information provided”. I also entered the ticket number and received this message, “your claim cannot be registered at this time”.

An investigator has never come out. The pictures a technician took of the damage seems to have disappeared. We cannot get to the right department and if we ever did, the person is not knowledgeable enough to create an account for the damage we suffered. We never got paid even though I was once told $1,000.00 for the damage. Then told someone would come out to fix it and it never happened. Our neighbor also received extensive damage from their equipment. We talk to at least 5 people whenever we call and then they close and we still haven’t accomplished anything. It takes an entire day from our busy schedule when dealing with AT&T employees. It happens every time. We have no other place to go and as we’ve told them before, “by the time you all get out here, the yard damage will not look the same”. This has caused us much disappointment, frustration, time, energy, and money loss. They are a scam and we are dissatisfied with the way AT&T has treated us over this matter.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

We live in a duplex and just had neighbors move in downstairs and they had ATT come out today 9/22 to install their internet. ATT had a technician here at 4pm which just so happens to be exactly when my internet was disconnected. We assumed it was just an outage in the area, but after speaking with Cox we were informed there is no outage and that ATT had to have disconnected our internet directly from the property. Cox advised the earliest they could send a technician to resolve this would be Saturday or that we could contact ATT to have them come and fix the issue. I contacted ATT who advised they cannot come out to restore our internet because it’s COX’s property, but that didn’t seem to stop their technician from touching it prior. I will now be forced to miss work tomorrow as I work from home and will have no internet for days due to their incompetence. ATT’s unwillingness to resolve this speaks volumes.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

The representatives are trained to tell you what you want to hear and move on. They do not notate their accounts, they do not apply the changes to your account even if they say they did. They do not correct your information if it's incorrect. We've called them at least 20-30 times and spoke with a different rep every time. They always say there's no notation on the account. They have no clue what the previous rep said or did. They're extremely unknowledgeable. The address on my bill is wrong. Someone's else's name is on my bill. My tv bill went up $10 without notification. I was promised a $35 phone bill if I switched, ended up being $50. I was promised a $50 internet installation discount, didn't happen. It's a repetitive cycle of poor representative training. AT&T will lose customers and eventually go out of business.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

So 2 days ago I called AT&T because my internet is out. First I had to deal with an automatic voice service "to fix the problem" troubleshooting. Ok that didn't work. Call back to speak with a human. An hour later I get a person, I explain the situation. She does some stuff on her end and claims my router is bad and they will send me a new one. Ok. The next day I find out a main line is down by a neighbor. Apparently a truck hit it. The neighbors didn't know what it went to so they wrapped it up and hung it on their fence.

I called AT&T again. Was on hold for about an hour. Finally got someone and told him their main line is down and that is why I don't have internet. I informed them that I have a medical device that runs off of wifi, I need wifi or I will be in so much pain (I refuse pain pills because what they do to people). I was informed that they aren't going to send anyone until Tuesday evening. So they don't care that they have a live wire just hanging on someone's fence and they don't care if it is a medical situation. They informed me that I had to be home as well so they can check the line in my house. The problem ISN'T IN MY HOUSE. The problem IS THE MAIN LINE on the side of the damn road. Ugh thanks at&t for not caring about the safety and well-being of your customers and other people.

AT&T Internet author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

AT&T Internet Company Information