3.10/5
Based on 1,385 ratings submitted in the last year

3479 AT&T Uverse Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have Comcast for tv since the building I am in has a bundle deal, which is fine. Xfinity-Comcast tv is great and the stores are super friendly. But for internet, I had to get off of the Comcast cable because of what was becoming off then on situation. I could watch the router reboot itself about every fifteen minutes. I work from home office and had to get my internet working better right away. I switched to AT&T U-Verse for my internet, and have been very happy and relieved. It is fast and always there when I need it for work.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I was using Cox earlier but I experienced a lot of fluctuation. One of my friends suggested switching to Uverse. Now after 6 months of usage I must say it has the best internet service. Also they helped me to reduce Billing from $234 to $154. Very friendly customer service too.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I, had four other services before AT&T Uverse. Cox (the worst), Daniels (pretty good but acquired by some big one) and two others; all bad, expensive, NO customer service, all services bundled with things I don't want. Finally tried AT&T Uverse. Customer service: Excellent, I get through to a human quickly fast; Equipment repair, 24/7 (almost), quick, friendly, so, so fast. A new box in hours, good, nay excellent and friendly techs. Service; near perfect, good service packages, cheap, no pressure. Cable as it should be. I always recommend to friends.

Original review: July 21, 2019

We moved to Seascape Point in 2017 in Homestead Fla. Unfortunately this cable company is included with the rent, at first we had no problems for about 1 month then all of a sudden we started losing the signal constantly, it has been 2 years now and we lose the signal every hour on the hour, and sometimes at the worst moment when we are watching something good. I really hate this cable company and I am proud to say it.

Original review: July 20, 2019

We signed up for internet service, the day of install and agent showed up at our door while another was installing. The agent informed us that we could add cell service for the same price we currently were paying and make it a bundle. This would delete our installation charge of 99.00, we were still charged the install on our bill and it took 2 weeks to have it fixed.

We asked many questions and never did the activation fee of 30.00 each phone come up. I have asked the agent that visited our home to correct it and twice he said he did... He didnt. I contacted chat customer service and they said they are not authorized to credit. I asked for a supervisor and they said they can't fix the problem!

An apology was given and they said they care about reviews. So here is our experience and warning others about the sales pitch has some fees left out. This was our first bill and experience with this company, not feeling like we will continue this service after the phone contract. At&t you need to correct your customer service, 60.00 is what you owe me!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have 3 accounts, and my 3 separate monthly EMAIL bills give only the last 4 digits of the account numbers, but not for which service (cell, wifi/Uverse or Directv). But folks like me don't memorize all their account numbers. So why can't they identify the service? They say they can't combine the bills because 2 are in my name as "first middle last", while the third in in the name of "middle last". To make it even more confusing, I also get 3 paper bills from them every month. The technical aspects of AT&T cell, wifi/Uverse and Directv are good, but the customer service is awful. Can't resolve anything on the phone because the agents are not very bright (to put it mildly) and they cannot understand or speak English. It's a heck of a note for a company whose business is communications.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I recently moved to TN from MI and had AT&T Uverse back home so I thought I would connect again. WRONG...I had 3 scheduled appointments where the technicians never showed up or called to let me know they were not coming. I called Customer Service after the 1st missed appt. and the CSR rescheduled for the appt. for next day which was a Sunday. So again I waited for my assigned time frame and again a no show so I called back to find out what is going on and was told they don't install on Sundays. So I rescheduled for a 3rd time and again waited for assigned time frame and again a NO SHOW. THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. Happy to say that XFINITY was happy to get my business.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I beg anyone thinking of signing up with AT&T to NOT do it! They are beyond awful. They lie, breach contract, and their services break all the time. Anyone is better. The 3rd time someone had to come out and fix it they never showed. Apparently they scheduled an appointment and then immediately canceled it. So I wasted 1/2 a day waiting to then be told sorry no one is coming. If I don’t have internet I can’t work. They cost me $100’s in the lost wages. After lying to me that someone would be out. Oh and the $250 in gift cards as a promo to get you to sign up was also a lie. Never received it and no one cares when you call. Worst service I’ve ever had with any company.

Original review: July 13, 2019

AT&T provide a decent service but they are more EXPENSIVE than everyone. I move to a new house. For the price of basic internet... I have a faster internet service. (3 x faster). When I cancel my AT&T service they have a cancellation policy. They can prorate charges up to the 10th but after that day... they will charge you an ADDITIONAL month, even if you don't use the service. They are CROOKS!!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Uverse is horrible. Don't get it. I'm sick of this. Can't get through. I keep resetting TV. Still not working. I'm leaving ATT immediately. Get somebody who will work on this service to make it work. My bill is ridiculous for the service I'm getting. I'm livid with this company.

Original review: July 10, 2019

June 2019 cancelled my U-Verse and internet coverage from AT&T. Representative from AT&T loyalty Dept was quick, pleasant and instructed me on how to return equipment. I asked specifically when my bill was due, how much I would have to still pay for being part of a billing cycle. She said that I would not have to pay anything more. A few weeks later I had another withdrawal from my bank account for another months service. Again I called customer service, which I might add is difficult to reach, and once again transferred to the loyalty Dept. This time I was told that my account was still open, I needed to give a 30 day notice to cancel and no prorated amount was going to happen. I waited for 10 more minutes to speak to John who is manager?. He indeed would not prorate amount due. I want to pay for the days I used the service but, how can a company charge for a service when you aren't receiving that service.

John REFUSED to let me speak to his manager. His information on my file was outdated, I have tried to get that updated many times, gave him my phone number after he said he would give it to his manager and if that manager felt like it, he would call me back. What? Where's the customer service? How can AT&T do that? I am blown away and discourage anyone from using their services. I will never utilize anything from or part of AT&T again.

Original review: July 9, 2019

We have had AT&T DSL for just over three years. In that time it has failed many times, each time it is a connection problem. I am told the wires are very old (told 50 years) but AT&T are not willing to replace. Who has DSL in 2019? We are located 25 miles south of Atlanta, we are not in a remote area. Our DSL failed on Friday, the appointment to fix was Tuesday, the tech did not arrive. Was told they would come by 5:00. Just before 5:00 got a text to say it would be by 7:00. So we cancelled dinner plans to wait for the tech, at 6:15 another text to say they will not be coming today. Another 15 mins on the phone to finally to talk to someone, now they are hopefully coming out tomorrow? The DSL internet is very slow as is the service when it fails. If I had another option I would be gone!!

Original review: July 9, 2019

I found out while channel surfing that WKRN is no longer being offered via ATT U-verse. Customers should have been notified that this was happening. WKRN is one of my main channels esp during fall line up. If it is no longer going to be offered... this is a game changer. I have been a customer for a number of years, however if no negotiation can be reached, I will have to look at changing my cable TV service.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I was on the phone with them for 2 hours for the charges on the services that I dont even have. Customer service sucks. People hang up on you after putting you on hold for hours. Biggest mistake to move to this career.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I switched from Comcast because it was too expensive, and their customer service stinks. AT&T has internet slow enough to compare with dial-up. That's not an exaggeration. It's almost worthless. I may cancel the bundle in a year and switch to an independent high speed internet provider. Their customer service is friendly. That's all I can say.

Original review: June 27, 2019

We have been with AT&T Uverse for over 7 years. The last couple years AT&T has been extremely difficult to work with on negotiating another promotion or a more affordable price, but they have normally given us something we could work with. Although, not always the best deal, but not the worst. Recently I contacted them to let them know the bill has went up yet again during the contract period and our promo will end pushing it even higher. I asked for another promo or something a bit more reasonable in pricing. The best they could do is offer me $10 off my TV service a month, but with the rates increasing AGAIN with the TV service the bill would be the same as we are paying now.

They also tried to switch us to DirecTV, we are renters and cannot have a satellite installed on the property. We also have a huge tree in the way. I told the rep this and she still tried to sell us Direct. I told them we couldn't afford their regular pricing, and would go to their competitor if we had to. They basically were ok with that. Asked if I wanted to get the cancellation set up. Unbelievable! I can't believe how horrible they have become, surely not the AT&T we signed up with years ago. I hope they go out of business!

Original review: June 27, 2019

Haven’t had fiber internet for over a week and a half now and have only been with AT&T for 5-6 weeks before this happened. I came home on 6/16/19 and was met with no via an Ethernet connection or via WiFi. So, naturally I called customer service and they said that the next closest appointment for a tech to service my request would be on 6/20/19.

Tech shows up and can not figure out the issue and he calls another tech over and he necessarily can’t figure out this issue, but they believe it was something wrong with the outside fiber cable leading to my apartment. They said that they could not help me any further, but they are going to put a ticket into a tech for the outside connection mishap. Well, I received no phone calls, or emails stating that this was even going to take place, nor did they show me proof that they actually put a ticket in.

I called customer service around 3pm 6/21/19 and talked to a customer service agent who, to be quite frank, had no clue what was going on and couldn’t really assist me much further than, “someone might call you in the next 24 hours.” About what exactly? That I wasn’t sure of. 15 minutes later a “supervisor” called me and assured me that my internet is being worked on and it will be back to me by the end of 6/21/19 early 6/22/19. This was quite reassuring as I was getting a hard date on resolve, and I thought this is where it would end: I couldn’t of been more wrong.

So I return from the weekend on 6/23/19 to you guessed it: No internet. So, it was time to go through the cycle one more time. I called customer service on the evening of the 23rd — a week since my internet has been completely shut off, and I was told that we they are going to have to put in another ticket for today 6/26/19 for an outside technician to show up because it hadn’t been fixed like the supervisor had reassured me it would.

I scheduled a technician to show up between 4-6 today 6/26/19 and guess what: THEY DIDN'T SHOW UP. I know things happen, but it is absolutely distasteful, nasty, and downright rude to deny someone a service AT&T has a responsibility to provide. Tonight, I spent 2 hours on the phone with 2 ladies who felt like they sincerely cared, but I had to call a Supervisor back after waiting 45 minutes for her to get back to me after she promised to contact me back in a few minutes. This is where it gets crazy for those that have made it down here so hold on.

After talking on the phone with the supervisor for almost an hour, it was found out that an outside technician did come Friday 6/21/19 to fix the outside connection but they didn’t have access to the box.... They came back Monday 6/24/19 and didn’t have access to the box.... They came yesterday 6/25 and they finally got in the box and fixed the connection supposedly around 4 pm.

They didn’t even bother to tell me that it had been fixed and that I set up an appointment for today that I didn’t even need. Best thing about it is, I had to call them back, to get a tech to come inside, in the middle of the evening, on Saturday 6/29/19, when I’ve had plans for months. And, who knows if this will even fix this issue? What if the inside technician also cannot set me up with internet? My apartment only offers one ISP and I feel like my livelihood is being held hostage at the expense of a multi-billion dollar company.

The only thing I can think to do is write out my frustration here and hope someone can connect with it and know that I am empathetically dwelling in the feelings you feel and the sense of worthlessness this company can instill in everyday people who are just trying to get by. I really hope AT&T can push forward and provide a service that is customer oriented and not given out to the cheapest contractor to get the job done. Please, if anyone is reading this and has made it this far: DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANY OF THE DUBIOUS SERVICES AT&T OFFERS.

Original review: June 26, 2019

This company is full of **. Their service suck. Their internet suck. If could give them negative stars I would give them negative 1000. They charge the ** out of you for a service that is always ** up. They lost me for sure and my money. ** AT&T AND ALL YOU STAND FOR. YOU TOOK MY LAST DOLLAR. I HOPE YOU GO BANKRUPT????

Original review: June 26, 2019

I moved from Daytona Beach to Port Orange, not even 5 miles. No problem, right? WRONG!!!! They gave me a install date of 06/17 and after we made arrangements to be home changed the date to the 24th. When they came out on the 24th, there was a problem outside. (That problem was fixed within the hour.) However now I have to wait until the 29th for another person to install TV and internet. When I called to complain and stated that was not acceptable they promised me an install of 01/25/19 from 1-3pm. Never showed up.

Upon calling back I was told that the customer service team just said what I wanted to hear. If all companies did business like this they would not be in business. Because there is such a monopoly on TV and internet they have us over a barrel. I keep trying to reach the corporate office and can not seem to find out how to do that. BUYER BEWARE. THESE PEOPLE LIE!!!! BE PREPARED TO BE JACKED AROUND THROUGH THIS ENTIRE EXPERIENCE!!! In addition they raised the price of my service and I am still fighting to get that taken care of. Horrible, horrible customer service!!!! I had to rate 1 star because the computer would not let me put zero stars!!!!

Original review: June 26, 2019

They help me got set up with AT&T WiFi through Uverse and my bill would be between 55 and 88 for a month every month. They disconnected my service a month ago and said my bill went up to 600 dollar due to going over mgb which was not true so I call for weeks in a roll telling them to go back and look at my account and they will see. They also was on the phone when I keep call about people breaking in the WiFi life jailbreakers and several more and they assure they would take care of it. ALL the calling they just kept me on hold and refuse to do anything and said they was not responsible for fraudulent people breaking into my account.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Service goes out frequently. I have made formal complaints and talked to customer service on the phone, over chat, multiple techs coming to the house. Nothing fixes the problem. I have taken Uverse from Louisville, KY to Austin, TX and no matter the location it is all poor. The chat is slow for them to respond to you after you get an agent talking with you. I have also been misinformed. Customer Service needs to learn a thing or two from Target, Nordstrom or Wayfair. They are constantly arguing because they know they have a horrible product. They want YOU to pay for a tech to come out to fix THEIR issue. They hardly ever offer monetary compensation. You are paying full price for half of the product. DO NOT GO WITH AT&T.

Original review: June 24, 2019

My service got buggy and it got worse over a two week period until it finally went out completely. The automated system is very difficult to contend with because it tries to resolve issues without human interaction. After finally getting through they sent a guy out the next day. He determined I had a short in my braided pair of wires down the road. He said another department handles that. Another guy came out and redid all the trouble shooting the first guy did and then told me it was late (9:06) p.m. And that he could have someone out on Sunday but if I was willing to wait until Monday he'd come back and fix it. Around 12:30 I called and navigated the stupid automated system and finally a woman in another country told me my appointment was for 2:00.

At 3:30 I called and suffered through the automated system again and he (the rep) first said they'd be out in thirty minutes and then said by 8:00 but he also ignored what I told him and made me reset my router for him anyway because he said the issue had been repaired. It had not. At 5:30 I called back, suffered the automated system again only to be told no one was coming until Wednesday. I use my internet for work. I'm partially shut down and had to pay $32.00 to fax some paperwork because my fax line is down too. I had to go to the library and McDonald's for internet today. I simply don't have time for this and HATE being lied to. If you have a better option take it! Unfortunately I am probably going to a lesser option and will have to make sacrifices. I have always hated AT&T. I had hoped this would be a better experience but unfortunately it's not even the only bad experience I have had with them or the first time they have lied to me.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Much cheaper than Comcast but TV glitches & goes out a lot. They tell you to reboot & it does fix it. Internet suppose to be 50 mbps, never, not even close. Lucky for 12 mbps. Talk to them on phone & he said I had to only have my laptop on & be standing next to modem to get 50 mbps. Really? He said I have too many things connected. Amazon echo, my laptop & me & wife's phone. Really? I don't even connect my phone anymore because my 4g waaay faster. I mean it's cheaper, but wow. Buyer beware.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I've had AT&T for about 7 years now just because it's the only service offered in my area. We're supposed to be getting 50 up 50 down but end up getting 1.5 up 10 down. Constantly running at 500 ping on Fortnite and can only watch YouTube at 144p. Never ever and I mean EVER get AT&T. You're better off using someone's hotspot. Goodnight.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Uverse TV came out to repair a Bad Box and disabled two of my home phones lines. I've been contacting all day with no results. Please have a supervisor call me at **. Have a great day. Please call. They put you on hold and then cut you off.

Original review: June 18, 2019

On 6/17/19 I contacted AT&T customer service depart. regarding notices received for going over my internet services every month and being charged $10 for that. I did contact someone in customer services, which I could not understand. The first person was Chris (yeah right), he kept me on hold and then hung up, so I was transferred to someone else, who again couldn't find my account as I did not have a full account number, but 4 numbers. Again I attempted to explain my internet plight, she goes "oh sorry my bad", which sent me over the top. I cannot stand that terminology as it is not professional at all. The words would be, "I'm sorry, let me look into that for you." I then hung up and proceeded to obtain services from HughesNet. I was treated with respect and was not hung up and could understand every word.

I know it's cheaper to outsource to other countries, but it's very annoying trying to understand what they think is English. This broken dialectic only increases the anxiety of getting to the root of the problem. I was a loyal AT&T customer for years (15), but no more. I'm so over them. Please stop outsourcing and teach representatives the appropriate ways to handle a call. Signed Maria (no longer a loyal customer).

Original review: June 18, 2019

I had horrible service. Canceled within the first 5 days I had it. Spoke with multiple managers. They promised to waive all charges for cancellation. 30 days and 15 calls later the 500 charge is still on my account with ZERO help from customer service. The company's customer service is an absolute joke. I had 5 plus managers tell me that all fees would be waived and to just wait with no luck. At the point where I do not know what to do. Should I contact BBB?

Original review: June 18, 2019

After my fiber was cut by a contractor AT&T came out the next day to repair it. They put in the “temporary” above-ground cable. The installer promised burial in 2-3 weeks. After 5-6 weeks I contacted him and was told his supervisor had it all set up. After 10 weeks I called Tech support and found that the work order was never put in. They had to send a new Tech so he could stand in my yard and say “yes, you need it buried.” Two more weeks have gone by and after an hour on the phone, they couldn’t tell me the status.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I have been struggling for over two months for help for a simple request - bury the cables/wires and get the dish up off my lawn and onto a post. The installer said he doesn't like to put the dish on roofs, so he set up a temporary connection where the cables/wires are exposed and the dish is on the lawn. Was supposed to have the installation completed per a confirmed appointment in three days. Then got a message that installation had been delayed until spring (it was already spring). Then was told the bury crews were catching up on winter installations. Since then I have been on the phone for numerous hours with people who don't speak English very well, I get transferred all over the place, I have them repeat my request so we're on the same page and then get confirmation appointments for "repairs" and end up with no show and no call.

In the meantime, we can't mow the lawn around the equipment and the mess can be seen from the street. I was promised (and it is in plain black and white on my order form) a gift certificate which I have not received as well. The installation supervisor in my area sent an expedited request to the President's office and got a return email that my request was being worked on. I gave two phone numbers to reach me. The President's rep called on one phone, but did not leave a message. I have left numerous voicemails to that person, and have not received a response. So much for expedited help. My advice is DO NOT use AT&T Uverse if you have any other choices at all. They have the very worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

Original review: June 15, 2019

First issue is that I requested all wired cable boxes but received only one wired box and three wireless boxes. The wireless boxes lost signal constantly like every other day and unlike Xfinity, there is no 24 hour human support. I have to constantly run up and down my stairs trying to reconnect boxes which only lasts one day. This is horrible, I will be going back to xfinity once my contract is over.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

• Best for: Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs