AT&T Uverse
3.05/5
Based on 1,376 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

AT&T Uverse

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

3520 AT&T Uverse Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have Comcast for tv since the building I am in has a bundle deal, which is fine. Xfinity-Comcast tv is great and the stores are super friendly. But for internet, I had to get off of the Comcast cable because of what was becoming off then on situation. I could watch the router reboot itself about every fifteen minutes. I work from home office and had to get my internet working better right away. I switched to AT&T U-Verse for my internet, and have been very happy and relieved. It is fast and always there when I need it for work.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I was using Cox earlier but I experienced a lot of fluctuation. One of my friends suggested switching to Uverse. Now after 6 months of usage I must say it has the best internet service. Also they helped me to reduce Billing from $234 to $154. Very friendly customer service too.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I, had four other services before AT&T Uverse. Cox (the worst), Daniels (pretty good but acquired by some big one) and two others; all bad, expensive, NO customer service, all services bundled with things I don't want. Finally tried AT&T Uverse. Customer service: Excellent, I get through to a human quickly fast; Equipment repair, 24/7 (almost), quick, friendly, so, so fast. A new box in hours, good, nay excellent and friendly techs. Service; near perfect, good service packages, cheap, no pressure. Cable as it should be. I always recommend to friends.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I had AT&T home phone plus internet service. When I moved out I cancelled both services. Eventually I found that they had cancelled the phone service but were still billing me for the internet service. So I called them to resolve the billing error. I spent one hour on the phone talking to three different people before I finally reached someone capable of fixing the billing error. I was to receive a small refund. The refund came in the form of a prepaid Mastercard. This method of refund is an improper consumer practice, because the consumer typically ends up leaving a small balance of unspent funds on the card.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

DO NOT GET INTERNET FROM AT&T. I entered the chat room to compare prices. The Agent told me that the price was $40.00 a month, with a $100 Visa reward card. I printed out the chat transcript, signed a 12 month agreement. I was billed more than quoted. No problem, I thought. Must be a mistake. I entered the chat for a correction. Long story short... after multiple calls with customer service, I was told that the agent gave me the wrong price. I printed out the chat transcript and had it in black and white, but AT&T would not honor their agent's representation. And, the account representative wouldn't verify the chat. Now they want to charge me a cancellation fee. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I have been a customer for 10 years and have four cell phones with AT&T. If they treat their best customers this way, imagine what they will do to new customers. Stay far, far away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I've had issues with AT&T for 3 months now-- missed appointments, many hours on hold on the phone and in chats, incompetent customer support and defective equipment. Wasted so many hours replacing equipment, taking time off work, rescheduling appointments. So frustrating as I have very limited choices to go with other providers due to the apartment building policies. I'd rate 0 stars, but that's not an option.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I’ve been a faithful customer with AT&T U-verse for about 4 years. When I moved to San Antonio we stayed with them, after our 12 month agreement expired they jumped our bill by $100. When I called to negotiate a better deal, they said their best pricing was for brand new customers, and the best they could offer still bumped us up about $40 for a 3 service bundle. That business plan stinks in my opinion, we weren’t that happy with the service anyway, the cable always rebooted, and the internet would slow down considerably when all 4 of us were home, and we are not even gamers. We jumped over to cable, seemed liked our whole neighborhood was doing the same. AT&T just couldn’t deliver. We’ll see how Spectrum a Comcast Company delivers, they at least offer their service with no contract agreements, but do promise a rate lock for 24 months.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I've had two installations go wrong with this company and they do not attempt to resolve the issue in the best interest of the customer. The first incident, DirecTV installation, the technician wasn't able to make the scheduled installation time. So, I had to wait another week for someone to come back out. I decided to cancel and go with another company. However, I chose to keep my appointment for internet installation. I provided them with correction contact information but on the day of installation they called the wrong number. Again, they did NOT try to fix the issue and scheduled me for a week later. They do not value their customers at all. This is my first experience with this company and I'm extremely disappointed. I agreed to the next appointment but I will be looking into another company.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I’ve had AT&T U-Verse for 2 months and it’s been HELL! I have a wireless receiver on all 3 televisions and the picture freezers or tells me to “Restart Receiver”. Since July and now (September) I’ve probably restarted ALL wireless receivers hundreds of times. Sometimes I feel like putting all 3 receivers in the trash. Calling customer service, they useless 99.9% of times. The language barrier sometimes can be frustrated. But I go as far as I can before I get disgusted and hang up! Since an AT&T repair person is scheduled for tomorrow, I’ll see if the problem is repaired. If not, I’m canceling AT&T and just using my fire stick!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

It has take me 4 months to attempt to get a billing issue resolved and I am still not sure it is. I have spoken with 67 reps from all of the USA and especially, the Philipines and Mexico!!! Kill ME NOW!!!! I have been made physically ill from these constant battles and the turning off and on of my services and the threats and the insanity. No one has a clue what is going on!!! It all started with June in the Philipines and she has caused my life to become a living nightmare all these months. These people are the most incompetent people I have ever dealt with.

I have been in and out of the hospital for surgeries and spend all of my recovery times becoming upset, enraged, sick, dumbfounded, whatever you want to call this. I feel like I have entered the Twilight Zone!!! I hate this company soooo bad that I pray they cave in and go bankrupt!!! I could write a book in great detail, with all of their names, the details, the dates, the times, and the hundreds of hours I have been on the phone with these people!!! They do not care!! They do not get it!!! They do not care!!! I hate them for making my life a living hell!!!!

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

• Best for: Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs