Formerly named AT&T U-verse

3.8/5 (2822 ratings)

About AT&T Internet

AT&T Internet offers multiple plans, including a 1 Gbps plan suited for those who have multiple devices or use HD streaming services. Prices range from $45 to $80 for the first year of service, but prices increase after the 12-month introductory period. The company's gateway acts as a modem and provides Wi-Fi coverage, although those with large homes may need optional Wi-Fi extenders for whole-house coverage. If you’re interested in AT&T’s television services, read our review of AT&T TV.

AT&T Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I enjoy ATT internet. It is reliable and I love the my smart home app. I love that you can test the connection in every room with your camera. It’s so innovative. ATT is reasonable compared to other providers. I love that I did not need a technician to connect my services. Other companies like to charge an extra fee. The only thing is you have to rent the router. The price for services is reasonable and my bill is always the same. I love that once the promotion is over you can call and renegotiate. ATT connection is reliable. No worries here.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I've had AT&T over two years now. I only use their internet but have been quite happy. I've never had to call so I can't speak to their customer service, however, I've had minimal outages and our bandwidth is enough to support 8 wi-fi devices at the same time, all streaming some type of video. I wish the price was better but my only other option in my area is Spectrum.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I have the AT&T bundle with internet and Direct TV. The package was their minimum speed and channel selection offer. The internet does drop out especially when playing games. The TV is OK. When the weather is bad, the satellite coverage does drop out as expected, but occasionally the provided modem/router does require a reset. I have been considering getting a better router to improve the speed on my desktop. My iPad internet seems to be faster. When I had Spectrum, their base speed was better, but after a year their monthly rate skyrocketed.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

AT&T‘s fiber internet provides excellent and reliable speed (as long as your neighbor doesn’t accidentally mow over the fiber line before it’s buried, lol). Their service has not been affected by any kind of weather (storms, wind, rain, cold temperatures, etc.). We have several children that have been attending school remotely and have not overloaded the service yet. Another benefit of having AT&T internet is complimentary HBO Max—a fantastic perk that really adds value and entertainment to the mix.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I chose AT&T as an alternative to Cox Cable because I was not happy with the quality of my wifi reception for the price. This is the first time I've used AT&T and I really like them. The upload and download speeds are as promised. That was the main thing. I get way better service for $30 less! And their customer service so far has been excellent. But I haven't needed them much because I have no complaints!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

In short, other providers have somewhat higher cost at lower speeds; however, almost any are better than AT&T. Internet has been down 10 out of 30 days (5 of those consecutive) for an entire neighborhood. Each time customer service repeats "it's being worked" and "it'll be up soon/in X hours". That resolution window is always missed. I'm then told they are "working a permanent fix". And the issue repeats itself.

Phone support is almost non-existent as you get bounced around departments then get disconnected (if not immediately disconnected, *hear the pickup then click, tone*). Chat support requires you to sign in (yeah internet is down and you are on a mobile device). Then they require "additional authentication" (not using the current authenticated session). Hey you're on a mobile device and was required to log into your account. What's MORE bandwidth usage going to hurt?

Then they give you some nonsense about maintaining the "excellent internet service" (where's that option? I'll take some of that) although the service has been only partially operational at best. And more nonsense about some random reason. (This last was a tornado causing line damage today...although it's been 80 degrees, sunny, and perfect weather for 70 miles in every direction for the past week!) When you press for an exact reason why their service is down, you get the "we recommend waiting", "it's being worked" and "it'll be up soon" again. If you press a bit harder as to why the last six "permanent fix" over the past month aren't working, you mysteriously get disconnected from chat as well.

In the end, these ISPs have a huge monopoly and they know there aren't many options for providers in most areas. You usually have to go with one of the major five. When you get shafted by them, there's not much you can do other than cancel service to go to another of the major five only to get shafted again. I'd really like to see someone (BBB? EFF? even the mostly dysfunctional congress) reduce the power these services maintain. But who am I kidding, there are no selfless, well-meaning, dedicated, and accurately informed people in positions of power anywhere. We are doomed.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Called today for few questions. Girl name Kirstie from Atlanta help me out about my internet plan. Told me about the current offers. I was confused about my plan but satisfied with great customer service.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

All internets say that they have the fastest internet but it's not true. Sometimes it freezes up and it interrupts your day. It's like driving on the freeway. When it get crowded the traffic slows everybody down. Same thing goes for the internet. It's all about the Benjamins. When the satellite shuts down the world is at a stand still. But this is the turn of the century.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

My wife is the one to mess with the electronics, I am lost with them. So I will tell what I see. She is calling once or twice a month or even weekly yelling at rep on phone and I am telling her to calm down, it’s not his fault, "I don’t know if it’s or not, why is this happening, it’s just started now. It wasn’t doing it yesterday, today I am telling you. Just listen and quit talking. The system keeps doing this sound and blinking, no it doesn’t go off, it just makes that sound and blinks. No I said just started it wasn’t doing it yesterday. No it started today. Aren’t you listening what I say. Damn he hung up on me. No I forgot his name and if I called back I wouldn’t get him. I’ll call back tomorrow."

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

This is one of the worst. They promise one speed and after install the speeds not even half of what they say. We couldn't even stream or play games online. Wish they could get their act together. They use to be an awesome company

AT&T Internet author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

AT&T Internet Company Information