Formerly named AT&T U-verse

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.80/5
Based on 1,966 ratings submitted in the last year

AT&T Internet offers multiple plans, including a 1 Gbps plan suited for those who have multiple devices or use HD streaming services. Prices range from $45 to $80 for the first year of service, but prices increase after the 12-month introductory period. The company's gateway acts as a modem and provides Wi-Fi coverage, although those with large homes may need optional Wi-Fi extenders for whole-house coverage. If you’re interested in AT&T’s television services, read our review of AT&T TV.

AT&T Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I have the AT&T bundle with internet and Direct TV. The package was their minimum speed and channel selection offer. The internet does drop out especially when playing games. The TV is OK. When the weather is bad, the satellite coverage does drop out as expected, but occasionally the provided modem/router does require a reset. I have been considering getting a better router to improve the speed on my desktop. My iPad internet seems to be faster. When I had Spectrum, their base speed was better, but after a year their monthly rate skyrocketed.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

AT&T‘s fiber internet provides excellent and reliable speed (as long as your neighbor doesn’t accidentally mow over the fiber line before it’s buried, lol). Their service has not been affected by any kind of weather (storms, wind, rain, cold temperatures, etc.). We have several children that have been attending school remotely and have not overloaded the service yet. Another benefit of having AT&T internet is complimentary HBO Max—a fantastic perk that really adds value and entertainment to the mix.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

AT&T Internet, for the most part, is quite reliable and rarely gives any problems with connectivity or billing. They don't put pressure on subscribers or run ad blitzes. On the rare occasions when problems have occurred the repair techs were on site in a reasonable amount of time. AT&T's traditional land line phone service is also very dependable. I'll stay connected as long as the service is still offered.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I chose AT&T as an alternative to Cox Cable because I was not happy with the quality of my wifi reception for the price. This is the first time I've used AT&T and I really like them. The upload and download speeds are as promised. That was the main thing. I get way better service for $30 less! And their customer service so far has been excellent. But I haven't needed them much because I have no complaints!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I am satisfied with my Internet Provider as far as speed, accessibility. In order to keep it at the price, I am required to pay an additional fee for cable services. If I don't do the cable portion, it would cost me upwards of $75.00 per month. My current total is $62.00 and climbing. I started at $45.00.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I was straight up LIED to by a representative about what the cost of my internet was going to be. I was told for in my area I can receive 100 internet for $35/mo or 300 internet for $45/mo. She said if I got the 300 then my install and equipment fees will be waived. I got my first bill and it had equipment fees on there. When I called AT&T about it they said there was nothing they could do. Then I ask to move my service down to the 100 internet and they said that's no longer available. At&t is a horrible company filled with con artist, I will never use them again not even for a phone plan. And I will advocate to anyone who ask me, do not use them. If I could give negative stars I would.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I had AT&T until they knocked on my door with the no-soliciting sign. I was in the shower. They knocked, kept knocking, started banging on it, and kept doing this for 20 minutes. I answered the door and had to tell this guy no 5 times because he wouldn't shut up about trying to sell me some **. Rudest company ever. I was already paying for your product, I had it noted explicitly in my account not to knock on my door. You know how to be the most trash company you can be. Congrats.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I am currently now a former client of AT&T. I was with the company for 15 years with a cellular phone service. I was also a DirecTV and internet customer a few times at different times. I am no longer with AT&T due to your poor customer service, negligent management, and high service rates that don’t equal a value of service and product usage. While I had DirecTV we had 4 outages and poor internet connection. Because I already had AT&T cellular services, I thought I would keep everything streamlined and within the same company. Wow what a big mistake that was!!! I had informed a rep from AT&T that I was moving and needed to suspend the service due to a natural disaster.

I was in need of two to three months before I had a new residence where I was able to reconnect the service. The agent said that I couldn’t do that due to my contract and that I would have to mail the equipment back. I said that the equipment was in storage because I had to move out quickly due to a domestic crisis which I also explained. Instead of working with me and seeing what he could do he threatened that I would be charged for the equipment so I immediately unpacked all of my storage to locate the equipment. After finally locating the equipment I sent the boxes back through a UPS store as described. The UPS store was located on 12405 Venice Blvd in Los Angeles Ca, 9066.

The return reference number was ** and I received paperwork from UPS that documented my return with equipment item serial numbers listed. Scans and emails of this receipt of return were sent to your supervisors and management team after I received direction from my 9th customer service call about the manner. I had to call you 9 times to clarify whether or not you got the equipment or emails as you never contacted me to help me rectify the added fees for equipment that I had already returned.

Currently I have a collection company calling me asking me to pay $947 for equipment and fees as well as service I disconnected due to circumstance. Currently you are causing problems for me while I am applying for new homes due to your collections already hitting my credit. Even though I sent you several notices of returned equipment. Gave the reference number to the customer service agent etc. Otherwise as a company you are horrible with customer service and follow through. You are also fraudulent thieves that are trying to eradicate money from honest, hard-working, paying customers for equipment that they already returned. You also charge them for services even though they cancel and process fees for bogus items.

I paid $120 dollars a month for over 15 years to a company that would rather steal money from me than reward me for my loyalty and on time payments. Generally speaking, you are the worst company I have ever dealt with and now I am with Spectrum for everything and pay half the amount. My service is better and my customer service is better. I have contacted a lawyer which is eager to help me sue AT&T for negligence and impacting my credit score based on bogus fraudulent claims. You have your equipment. I delivered it the exact way you detailed to me, to a UPS store.

They documented the receipt of return, scanned the items, and sent them. What you do with your equipment afterwards is your problem. I refuse to pay the fees for the equipment and I should only have to pay for one month and a half of service. Any other fees were incurred due to your company’s negligence and poor customer service arrangements.

Sincerely,

Raewyn B

Original review: March 9, 2021

I installed their digital phone service and internet 5 days ago. Today nothing worked. Being hearing impaired I counted on the land line for my captioned phone. I called once. I was sent to overseas customer service from a cell phone that I have as a rider on my daughter’s account. On speaker phone even my husband could not understand. Hung up and called back and said I want a tech in USA. Once again thrown back to overseas. Hung up again and called a third time. This time, AGAIN overseas and when she went to transfer the call to US I was disconnected. By the fourth time I was raging. I had their land line for 50 years - no problem but now I have one. I disconnected my old provider for internet due to their outrageous pricing. I should have just paid it. This was after one and a half hours on the phone which is insane.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I ordered a faster internet change. The technician arrived on time (only positive). He sat in the car, took a short walk to the pole, sat in the car again. He came to me and said he had to change the meeting because there was ice on the box. I think he has an x-ray in his eyes or his eyesight because he never used a ladder to check it. I checked it and everything looks fine from this distance (no ice and no snow). I lost one day of work waiting for service. Now I have to wait for my next appointment and lose another day at work. There are always some problems with this company, it has never happened that they did something on time and without problems. Very, Very bad opinion.

AT&T Internet author review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team