3.08/5
Based on 1,048 ratings submitted in the last year

3435 AT&T Uverse Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have Comcast for tv since the building I am in has a bundle deal, which is fine. Xfinity-Comcast tv is great and the stores are super friendly. But for internet, I had to get off of the Comcast cable because of what was becoming off then on situation. I could watch the router reboot itself about every fifteen minutes. I work from home office and had to get my internet working better right away. I switched to AT&T U-Verse for my internet, and have been very happy and relieved. It is fast and always there when I need it for work.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I was using Cox earlier but I experienced a lot of fluctuation. One of my friends suggested switching to Uverse. Now after 6 months of usage I must say it has the best internet service. Also they helped me to reduce Billing from $234 to $154. Very friendly customer service too.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I, had four other services before AT&T Uverse. Cox (the worst), Daniels (pretty good but acquired by some big one) and two others; all bad, expensive, NO customer service, all services bundled with things I don't want. Finally tried AT&T Uverse. Customer service: Excellent, I get through to a human quickly fast; Equipment repair, 24/7 (almost), quick, friendly, so, so fast. A new box in hours, good, nay excellent and friendly techs. Service; near perfect, good service packages, cheap, no pressure. Cable as it should be. I always recommend to friends.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I had this service for a short time. I found them to be reliable and dependable. I only had problems with getting service when I went out of town. Other than that, the prices was a little high for me. That's the only reason I changed providers when I did. I found one that was almost half the price.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I call AT&T's number to get U-verse and Wifi in my new apartment. My new place is already pre-wired with AT&T so how hard could it be. I had a gentleman answer my first phone call telling me that he could help me. He upsells my internet and credit check me then tries to sell me DIRECTV. I live in an upscale apartment so I can't have DIRECTV and I told him I can only have Uverse upfront. So then he tells me that he can't help me with that, but then tries to just sell me internet. I told him no, I want Uverse and how do I get Uverse. After having me on and off hold for over an hour he says he will finish with my internet then transfer me to someone to help with Uverse. I was like okay great.

So then the next lady I talk to says she is only there to confirm my order and can't help me. When I explained the situation to her, she was clearly reading off some sort of script because her responses made no sense. Finally I figured out she couldn't speak english. I got so frustrated I hung up the phone and called a different AT&T number.

This time another guy answered and he got me service. But every package I wanted I couldn't have for one reason or another and I had to upgrade. This was supposed to cost me $100/month. I have had AT&T for one day.... not kidding one day and now somehow owe them $160. I have service fees, recovery fees, etc. I don't understand how my bill goes from $100 to $160?! Also fun fact, the man that came to install my AT&T gave me an unsecured network, but here is the kicker. The name of it sounds like I am running an adult business out of my apartment. I have no idea how to get this fixed and I'm sure my neighbors are horrified by the name!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: May 21, 2019

When I called about the bill of my wireless phone, and I got hook-up with the trial of AT&T Internet 50 plan, with the promise that I will not be charged if I do not like the service. I did ask about the installation fees and other fees, the sales representative and her manager repeat it right before place the order, they said that it will be free of charged if the service is cancelled within 14 days. Now, this remind me the statement they repeated: 'It will be free of charge if you cancel the service within 14 days of activation'.

Two months later, I found that this statement is actually a hook. As the AT&T billing lady when I called to dispute my final bill of $107.34 said, that there is no free of charge from AT&T, "WE DO NOT PROVIDE FREE SERVICE". They charge me the installation fee of $99 and 3 days used. FREE OF CHARGE is the service termination fee. Anyway, I paid the bill and promised to myself that I will not come back to AT&T for any kind of service offered by this company or its divisions.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I recently signed up for Uverse package (cable TV, internet, home phone service) and ended up cancelling in 10 days. First off, their cable TV is nowhere near Spectrum, with which I had been a customer for last 2 decades before signing up for Uverse. There are things about Spectrum that frustrates me here and there but AT&T is much worse in terms of functionality & service. Their on-demand is very limited, the remote is hard to navigate, simple recording function is not as simple as it should be and cable TV had some sort of issues and didn't work for a few hours TWICE in those short 10 days. And internet was very very slow.

The most upsetting thing is that I was billed for the full month, $160. 1. The sale rep told me there would be absolutely no charge if I cancel the service within the first 2 weeks. Another rep told me the same thing when I canceled the service on the phone. 2. The bill that the sale rep calculated before I signed up was below $140 including taxes and fees. 3. After I received the bill, I contacted AT&T. They told me that I had to pay for those 10 days plus $35 activation fee... They are not reliable. Sale reps lie. Most importantly the service is bad.

Original review: May 20, 2019

When signing up for internet in December 2017, the install tech broke the stucco off of our outside wall, left screws and metal pieces all over the ground, used profanity, and only half finished the installation, making us have another person come out to complete it almost a week later. It's now May 2019, their line fell onto the street during the (calm weather) night with exposed wires splayed and we lost service. My husband and I both called for three days to try and get someone out (so we don't have to keep holding it up to get out of the driveway!) and got an appointment for the fourth day of no service.

After the person showed up late, we were told they didn't have the equipment to put the line back up so we would need another appointment in 2-3 days for repair! The line is still on the street with its splayed wires exposed to rain, and we still have no internet service with them. ABSOLUTELY UNHELPFUL. On top of this, we received a notice today that our monthly bill is going up from $40 to $75, with no explanation!!! Too bad we only have 2 options for wifi here (rural Central CA).

Original review: May 17, 2019

I had been using AT&T U-verse and Internet service for 4 years since 2014. For some unknown reason most of the time when I turned off my living room TV and the next day the TV will not be on even after I restarted the modem. I called AT&T 3 times for the same issue but they had never fixed it. They kept saying it was the weather. Nevertheless, I paid the full price for 4 years even if I could not watch TV in my living room and had to retreat to my bedroom to watch TV. I never asked them to give me a refund or reduced price. Finally, I switched to another TV service provider and I was able to watch TV in my living room and never had the same issues again. But that company's price went up to the roof after a few months without notice in advice.

I thought I will give AT&T a second chance. So I ordered internet service only this time. The sales person said I can try the TV for free and if I am not satisfied I could cancel it at the end of 30 days period. I tried but no TV in the living room happened again. So, I tried to cancel the TV at the end of the 30 days period, the other sales said I could not cancel the TV because it is a bundle and I would have to pay a much higher price. I then ordered upgraded internet service and online TV. Guess what happened? After the internet upgrade, my whole families were complaining to me about internet service dropping frequently, they could not use their computers or cellphones online. And of course, online TV was not working either. We were very frustrated and I had to call to cancel service again.

After cancellation, I received an early termination fee of $153 for a contract that has never existed. I told them I had never signed any contract with them and only had trial service with them the second time. But they would not listen. They simply sent me to a collection agency. When I received a letter from the collection agency I wrote a letter back and explained to them the service was not usable and I could not pay an early termination fee for terminating a contract that had never existed. After the letter sent, I have not heard a word from them. A month later, I found this charge simply showed up as collection on my credit report. What an arrogant way to deal with customers!

To be honest, I can afford to pay $153 to buy peace even if it is their fault and I should not pay. But I refuse to pay because I think they are so wrong on this matter. They think they are a big company so they could charge you for poor or no service, their sales could lie to you without facing consequences, and they can crush you like you are nothing because they are a big powerful company. I REFUSE to feel small and I want to tell my stories and I want my voices heard and I want to hear other people's voices too. They think we are ants and can step on us easily but if we are together and I believe a huge amount of ants can do something too. They must change to respect their customers, stop lying and change that arrogant attitude! Remember customers do have choices!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I been with AT&T Uverse for 8 years. I never call complain with anything and I set up auto paid. When we move I called to cancel services in April. I ask the rep. since the last payment was collect in April 12/19 am I going to be bill again. The rep said no because I already paid for my last bill and my service will be disconnect end of April. I said okay great. Nope they charge me again in May. When I call back ask the same question. All I got was, "I'm sorry. It was wrong information given to me." I told him call was being record. He didn't said anything. I understand since I disconnected their service. They don't care. Because of this I also cancel DirecTV with AT&T that was supposedly install this weekend.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I signed up for service to be installed 4-23-2019. They came out and hooked everything up and said the cable was out of service in my area and they would call to reschedule soon. After 1 week without any contact I decided to call and cancel. They were very sorry and offered a $100 discount so I accepted and would give them another chance. I was also promised visa gift cards for signing up that I haven’t received yet either. I have been patiently waiting and now my internet has been canceled for who knows what reason. I have made several calls and have received nothing but more promises. To this day nobody can tell me when my service will be hooked up. This has been a nightmare and I am going to return my equipment tomorrow. What a waste of time. Thanks for the runaround and lies!

Original review: May 12, 2019

If there was a option for a negative star review, this is it. Set up was easy and quick but is where the customer service stops. Wait, I'm sorry, AT&T contracts that out so even that is not AT&T. Three days after it was installed the police department ripped the wires from the box thinking we were stealing electricity. At a glance it does look like Romex. I'll give them that one. Three days later still waiting on AT&T to come out to hook it back up. On day five I was able to hook it up since the installation was the last time we seen them in three months. They promised my wife and I someone would be out to bury the wire within a week of the installation.

Three months later we went back to COX for the better customer service. Moral of the story is if you like to go through the hassle of constantly hooking up your own internet multiple times a month, unhooking it every time you have to mow and every time the neighbor kids get too close. This service is for you! We gave them one last chance to make it right by coming out and hooking it up one last time. They promised someone would be out no later than noon. At 1500 we are still waiting.

At 1500 my wife called back, they promised once again, no later then 1800 they would have a tech out. At around 1730 I called and asked where the tech was since I had to work, all they could do was promise they would be out by 2000. Really? 8 o'clock at night? Good thing we don't have young kids in the house lol. I was on the phone for about an hour until getting transferred again just to find out, "Oh, I'm sorry sir, we have never done installations on Saturdays". I asked, "Then why are your employees making promises that cannot be fulfilled?" Their response was, "Oh I'm sorry sir that was the customer service side...." Wait, what? Customer service or moral support side?

Original review: May 11, 2019

Writing this review on behalf of my father who is older. AT&T just went to the low of the lowest. One of the representatives sold a cable account to my father when he already had one to make a profit. We now have two bills to pay which is just wrong. It's extremely insensitive to trick an older person who is trying to save money to charge them twice for the same account. However this representative was SHAME ON YOU!! And for AT&T shame on you too for hiring someone like this.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I was transferred to 5 different numbers. Fiber installation team cut, then replaced my comcast cable & internet line. They replaced it, but did not bury it. They need to bury it so yard workers don’t cut it again. Also, I am treasurer of Woodruff Plantation HOA. The fiber installation team broke the entrance irrigation and electrical system. I paid for repair $100 I seek reimbursement. However, we need a new electrical line and don’t have the right tools. I want AT&T to fix it.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Called to cancel services and guy on the phone wouldn’t let me! Wants to charge me another month! Couldn’t tell me the address to send back the equipment!! So sad to see AT&T is resorting to stealing from people, used to be a decent company. Thanks to Google I see I can drop equipment at UPS. Will not do business with these thieves ever again. Buyer beware, if you want to cancel apparently you need to call months in advance. On the recorded call I kept repeating to cancel my order effective today, will mail equipment back tomorrow. Not surprising their stock price has been flailing, when you have to resort to theft, it’s not going so well...

Original review: May 10, 2019

Repeating another because it's perfectly said said. I had DirecTV had a few problems but regret it and it's so many better choices and things you can do with the TV guy with taping with finding Seasons. AT&T doesn't even tell you what season or episode you're watching and below it freezes all the time. This has to be the worst cable service I have ever had. Would not advise anyone getting this service. Freezes up. Won't do playbacks half the time. Pixelates all through shows or freezes up. Not a good service at all.

Original review: May 9, 2019

When I call for support on any AT&T services, it's always a hassle to get anything done. Your people barely speak English. I just wanted to update my compromised Credit Card info, and it took me 3 hrs. on the phone to get it done. I pay for my service over $500 a month and get no service or hold times of over an hour. You never get to talk to a supervisor. They just put you on hold until you give up. That is not a company I want to be associated with. As soon as my contract expires I will cancel all my AT&T services. Wireless/DirecTV.

DirecTV support has gotten so horrible since the GUI update a few months ago. Everything is slower than molasses and on top already viewed programs are constantly downloaded again and again, which leaves me every day deleting programs that I already watched and uses most of my bandwidth, which I rely on by working from home.

I was told six months ago this is a known issue and yet nothing has changed. Yesterday I was on the road and could not connect to the internet anymore because one of your agents deleted the wrong SIM card, I could go on and on. Your service is abysmal, and I will file a complaint with the FCC and every other or agency that will take action.

Original review: May 7, 2019

On May first I call in to bundle internet and DirecTV and they came out and did my DirecTV but said they would be out on the third of May for the internet then they cancel it and did not return the down payment but I still don't have internet and they said they would be here today and no one can find my order and they keep hanging up on me when I call so my family has to go with out internet and no one won't help me. I have wireless phone also but you think they would be here today since they say they would be.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Signed up for high speed unlimited wifi data, works for about 20 minutes then freezes so much, Netflix constantly buffering. Was also rewarded with a $100 gift card. Activated it, in January just like they said, said it would take 3 weeks, waiting a month before contacting, they had sent to complete wrong address. Had the card reissued to my actual mailing address. A month later, contacted them again, they told me, they never sent it because they didn't have my full mailing address (even though they installed the service at said address).

Reissued again, two months later I decided to contact to see if it had been sent, it has and the three weeks they claimed it would take is just an estimate, I don't see how mailing something can take over two months. Reissued again, contacted today, 4 weeks after being reissued, just to make sure they have correct address, they do. Before I could say anything else they tell me they went ahead and reissued a new card, again. Without asking, so when any one of the previous cards arrives, if it ever does, they won't be active. To me this is just theft, customer service is terrible, can hardly speak English. Would advise to never use this service.

Original review: May 3, 2019

One of the world's largest corporations is one of the least competent. I dare you to try to get a hold of a representative within 10 mins if not closer to 40 mins. When you do reach a person after 4 different numbers the person can barely speak standard English and cannot solve your problem anyhow. At all costs run don't walk away from this giant company who doesn't care about you. It take a awful company to drag down what was once a very good company like DirecTV. Simply awful.

Original review: May 2, 2019

‪I just got off the phone yet again, with AT&T. I’m disgusted with the treatment of my dispute and lack of customer service. I applied for internet services, which I did not get, but they still withdrew $75 out of my account. I canceled the non-existent services on 4/16/19. Now I have to file a claim just to get my money back. My claim will take 3-5 days to investigate. I just want my money back!‬ I find it hard to believe that they have zero difficulties accessing my account to withdraw money, but it becomes an act of Congress to refund it back to me.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Operators need to be retrain. I will never recommend their service. They might have a good product but can't get past customer service to see. Awful. I don't have anything good to say about them. They loss me as a customer. I went back to Comcast. They worse than Comcast.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I have been an AT&T customer for 13 years and I can’t wait for my contracts to end with them. Ever since they joined with DirecTV it has been so hard to get them to do the simplest of things. I moved, and took my existing internet equipment with me, which is an AT&T U-verse router. The house I moved into had an existing setup that’s the exact same, and their service was working a week ago.

I was told my service would cut over automatically on the 28th. It didn’t happen. I was told a technician would come out the 29th between 8-12. That didn’t happen, and I received no notifications at all. I called 4 times and keep getting told that it’ll be working “tomorrow.” It’s always “tomorrow,” but tomorrow came and went TWICE and I still don’t have internet. My wife lost 2 days of work since she’s self-employed and works at home with a 1 year old by her side, so this has cost us financially. AT&T will not provide any reimbursement or discounts, only more false promises.

Original review: April 29, 2019

We have been out of internet, TV and cable service for 7 DAYS and AT&T cannot find a technician to fix it!!! They made us wait all day on a Friday beginning at 10 a.m. and the technician never showed despite our repeated calls. Finally, around 7 p.m. they slipped and said that the technician didn’t show up for work that day! Not one of their customer service representatives informed us of this all day.

They kept saying they couldn’t reach him. Ella, a customer service expert (ha!) refused to let me speak to a supervisor for over an hour. When the supervisor, Sam, came on the line he was useless. He couldn’t tell me anything about why the technician couldn’t/didn’t show up. He refused to make our home a priority for Saturday, even though we had already been without service for 3 days and it was their fault that we had no technician on Friday. On Monday when they missed the 2:00 deadline I called in to find out that the “expert” and/or “supervisor” put in the phone number that was not working (!!!) so the technician couldn’t reach us! These people are bumbling idiots!

Original review: April 29, 2019

Three weeks ago the cable went out right before the college basketball national championship game. Didn’t see any of the game. Uverse Reps said the next tech was a week out. Technician came out and told me I had out-dated equipment. This is the third time I have heard that in 5 1/2 years of AT&T service.. (because it keeps going out). I had it for three weeks and now and boom... it goes out during Game of Thrones.

I have no idea what happened to Theon Greyjoy as the head white walker was approaching the tree and wheelchair and boom. No cable. I call AT&T and say I’m not paying for service. Couldn’t be more mad. They didn’t care. They asked me if I want to cancel? I said yes, just let me Google Charter Spectrum. I have one of their techs coming out this Wednesday to install their service. $50 cheaper BTW. AT&T Uverse is the worst... Do not get their internet or cable.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I changed from Xfinity because the bill got too expense. I am a senior citizen. Was promised cheaper/better service. So far the bill is less, not by much but the internet speed is terrible. It is slow, won't stream video as it locks up and then it kicks me out and I have to reconnect the service. Unfortunately I too am locked into an agreement but I think I may change carriers anyway and pay to get out of the service. This is the worst I have ever experienced dating all the way back to dial up. I called the service help and they could not resolve the problems either. I would not recommend ATT Uverse to anyone.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I left Spectrum under the false pretense that AT&T Uverse was a far better service. The sales person stated that the fiber to the home has faster internet speeds and the TV service was far clearer than Spectrum's service; well that turned out to be a crock! My wireless bedroom TV converter freezes, shuts down, loses signal more often than not and my internet is the worst most of the time. I was also promised a Visa gift card when I signed up in December which I have yet to receive. I am truly disappointed that I actually fell for their crap. I am locked into a two year contract for services that I absolutely hate. Shame on you AT&T...

Original review: April 28, 2019

This has to be the worst cable service I have ever had. Would not advise anyone getting this service. Freezes up. Won't do playbacks half the time. Pixellates all through shows or freezes up. Not a good service at all.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I signed up for AT&T U-verse for the AT&T Internet 25. It was supposed to get speeds of up to 25 Mbps, I have NEVER gotten that. I only get 10-15 Mbps if I am lucky. The jack/the gateway router are all 8 inches from the incoming plug, which sits right near the DirecTV box which is hardwired. Per their directions there should be nothing blocking (mirrors, stods, walls) blocking the signal. I think they slow your speed down whenever they want. I test the speed on the AT&T site every day and the same thing. The others are right, it's all a lie. They never deliver what they promise. I have had AT&T, which was Pacific Bell, which was Baby Bells, close to 38 years. 28 years for DirecTV and their prices change every month. I don't trust they will deliver what I am paying for. And they are more than happy to disconnect your service and make you pay to get it turned back on.

Original review: April 25, 2019

AT&T Internet is a joke. Rates go up. Service is throttled to get more money. Every time I call there’s an excuse offered. Funny, I only have issues during peak times, ie when most people are home in my area. How are they allowed to not be accountable for providing a service? Consumers have to pay whether or not service is rendered or substandard. A class action suit should be filed against them. Maybe they will change their tune!

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

• Best for: Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs