Formerly named AT&T U-verse

3.7/5 (1258 ratings)

About AT&T Internet

AT&T Internet offers multiple plans, including a 1 Gbps plan suited for those who have multiple devices or use HD streaming services. Prices range from $45 to $80 for the first year of service, but prices increase after the 12-month introductory period. The company's gateway acts as a modem and provides Wi-Fi coverage, although those with large homes may need optional Wi-Fi extenders for whole-house coverage. If you’re interested in AT&T’s television services, read our review of AT&T TV.

AT&T Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

All internets say that they have the fastest internet but it's not true. Sometimes it freezes up and it interrupts your day. It's like driving on the freeway. When it get crowded the traffic slows everybody down. Same thing goes for the internet. It's all about the Benjamins. When the satellite shuts down the world is at a stand still. But this is the turn of the century.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I know "outsourcing" is a savings for most credit cards or other businesses but if you are providing a local (in-state) service it makes no sense to have to speak to a person about a problem and that service representative can barely speak English much less annunciate in clear English which is NOT a problem solver to the customer. They don't know your area much less anyplace in the U.S.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I enjoy ATT internet. It is reliable and I love the my smart home app. I love that you can test the connection in every room with your camera. It’s so innovative. ATT is reasonable compared to other providers. I love that I did not need a technician to connect my services. Other companies like to charge an extra fee. The only thing is you have to rent the router. The price for services is reasonable and my bill is always the same. I love that once the promotion is over you can call and renegotiate. ATT connection is reliable. No worries here.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I've had AT&T over two years now. I only use their internet but have been quite happy. I've never had to call so I can't speak to their customer service, however, I've had minimal outages and our bandwidth is enough to support 8 wi-fi devices at the same time, all streaming some type of video. I wish the price was better but my only other option in my area is Spectrum.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

I was an Earthlink customer for many years until they could no longer provide fast and reliable internet service. So, I switched over to AT&T Broadband. In 2016, I began to experience problems with connectivity, and after much troubleshooting, AT&T decided to upgrade my service to Fiber Optic; free of charge. Now, I have blazing fast internet speed; north of 350Mbps, and excellent reliability. I couldn't be more happy and satisfied!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

This is a very concise and well done internet experience! The other internets were expensive and failed miserably all the time! I have never had a failure or problem with this internet experience and I am very pleased with the service.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

AT&T refuses to lay fiber in the certain areas of Dekalb County Georgia area, however, a new senior building was just built literally across the street from our subdivision which offers AT&T fiber. Several areas have been upgraded with AT&T fiber optics (internet) except for predominately ** areas. They do offer their cellular and television, but refuse to upgrade areas with fiber that would offer others a choice in reference to internet and also allow other areas an opportunity to take advantage of the special rate plans that they offer. I guess they think that all ** want to do is watch television and talk on the phone. We have been asking for AT&T for over 10 years. I am so sick of these companies taking advantage of ** people. We must stop spending our monies with these companies.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Merritt Island, FL. On the night of December 29th, 2021, my internet and U-verse tv went out. The next morning after attempting to reset it with no luck I called AT&T. Their rep told me it would be back on in a couple of hours. Well, today (Jan 5th, 2022) makes it an entire WEEK! Nothing. No internet or U-verse tv! I called a few times a day, every day, and they just tell you lies to get you off the phone. I have rebooted and reset the system many many many times, nothing. They all gave repair times of a couple more hours to 24 hours continuously. More lies. Yesterday I finally cancelled the U-verse as all of this finally pushed me to go to Roku Ultra which several friends and family already have. If I do not have internet by the end of today, I am leaving AT&T. I've had U-Verse since 2011 and internet/cell with them for longer. Sad to say it but to heck with them and their lies!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I've observed all possible combinations of bandwidth throttling. 400mbit down and 1.2mbit up. Low download and high upload. When I get parity it's 70/80 range on a Gbit fiber. I can't get through a 60 minute MS Teams call with video without dropping out from "bad connectivity". This is AT&T throttling entire neighborhoods. It's not our router, firmware, CAT-5, IPV4/5/6, channel frequency, etc.. There's no other explanation for sudden, widely varying degraded internet bandwidth reports from thousands of customers. When you plug in a new router their algorithm is providing full priority upload and download. Soon, it goes back to some sort of throttling algorithm.

AT&T must have realized postage costs of swapping routers is a lot cheaper than providing internet bandwidth to their customers. This is highly unethical. They are lying to customers and wasting our time in pointless trouble shooting calls. Technical support lies repeatedly, claiming no one has ever reported problems with minimal upload or download speeds. It must be a call center script. I told the last tech to type in a Google search and see hundreds of people on AT&T FORUMS complaining about this. AT&T Leadership is running a business with no moral or ethical grounding and providing poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

AT&T hounded us from the day we moved to buy pricier service packages. We didn't have the option to choose what service we were getting either. The technician who was meant to show up to activate everything left us hanging for multiple days, then said he could do it remotely. In the end, I had to contact support and figure it out myself. (We live in an apartment complex. They have a weird way of going about activation.) He took his time avoiding me for about a week. We had no service. When we had issues, he was uncertain what to do, passed my call around his office for a while (several days of ongoing issues) and ended up telling me he didn't know. That I knew more about how to fix it and how it worked than he did. I was baffled.

When a construction company came and dug up the fiber line, they took about a week to repair it, and we've had spotty service ever since. Even better, they mandated that all devices be kept outside in a storage shed. In 100 degree weather, these things were cooking. Router, modem, etc. Devices need to be stored at much lower temps. These little closets are hot, even in winter. After a good long while with service dropping more often and becoming spotty (videos hang and buffer constantly, video games freeze, wifi devices just stop picking up signal entirely) I'm just about over it. I've spent so many hours waiting on the phone and in their online support queue, having my calls ignored, many in person appointments missed, and being entirely disregarded. I would NOT recommend AT&T services to anyone. Ever. I'm glad I at least changed my phone plan.

AT&T Internet author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

AT&T Internet Company Information