Formerly named AT&T U-verse

Shop on FYI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5
Based on 1,612 ratings submitted in the last year

AT&T Internet offers multiple plans, including a 1 Gbps plan suited for those who have multiple devices or use HD streaming services. Prices range from $45 to $80 for the first year of service, but prices increase after the 12-month introductory period. The company's gateway acts as a modem and provides Wi-Fi coverage, although those with large homes may need optional Wi-Fi extenders for whole-house coverage. If you’re interested in AT&T’s television services, read our review of AT&T TV.

AT&T Internet Shop on FYI

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

AT&T Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I have the AT&T bundle with internet and Direct TV. The package was their minimum speed and channel selection offer. The internet does drop out especially when playing games. The TV is OK. When the weather is bad, the satellite coverage does drop out as expected, but occasionally the provided modem/router does require a reset. I have been considering getting a better router to improve the speed on my desktop. My iPad internet seems to be faster. When I had Spectrum, their base speed was better, but after a year their monthly rate skyrocketed.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

AT&T‘s fiber internet provides excellent and reliable speed (as long as your neighbor doesn’t accidentally mow over the fiber line before it’s buried, lol). Their service has not been affected by any kind of weather (storms, wind, rain, cold temperatures, etc.). We have several children that have been attending school remotely and have not overloaded the service yet. Another benefit of having AT&T internet is complimentary HBO Max—a fantastic perk that really adds value and entertainment to the mix.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

AT&T Internet, for the most part, is quite reliable and rarely gives any problems with connectivity or billing. They don't put pressure on subscribers or run ad blitzes. On the rare occasions when problems have occurred the repair techs were on site in a reasonable amount of time. AT&T's traditional land line phone service is also very dependable. I'll stay connected as long as the service is still offered.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I chose AT&T as an alternative to Cox Cable because I was not happy with the quality of my wifi reception for the price. This is the first time I've used AT&T and I really like them. The upload and download speeds are as promised. That was the main thing. I get way better service for $30 less! And their customer service so far has been excellent. But I haven't needed them much because I have no complaints!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I am satisfied with my Internet Provider as far as speed, accessibility. In order to keep it at the price, I am required to pay an additional fee for cable services. If I don't do the cable portion, it would cost me upwards of $75.00 per month. My current total is $62.00 and climbing. I started at $45.00.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I still like traditional TV with a great channel guide. The DVR capabilities are very good. The bad about AT&T Uverse is the amount they charge. They give little deals and after 12 months up goes the bill again. Way too many time I have been lied to about the cost.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

The service is extremely unreliable and for the cost, it fails to deliver on every metric. Our community page has numerous residents sharing their issues, frustrations and lack of improvement or caring by AT&T.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I get a discount because I'm on SNAP, and the service is adequate. It works and it's reliable, which is what I need, and it's a good price for the internet connection. What else can you say about an internet connection? It's like a phone line. It works or it doesn't. This works.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Sometimes the Att internet works and then sometimes the internet is down for some of the time and then I have to exit and then I have to refresh it and sometimes it does that several times when they have a frozen screen and then you have to exit and refresh it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

We're on the prehistoric DSL system and the reliability is terrible with the system just shutting on and off. We've had numerous techs out, 5 modem replacements and all they can tell us is it's old and no upgrades are expected. Zero referrals for this company!

AT&T Internet author review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team