1.68/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3309 AT&T Uverse Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

This service is terrible. Freezes every 15 minutes and doesn't show clear when it actually comes on. I absolutely hate this service. The customer service is terrible. Save your money for a better company... I will be getting a new service next month... Since we got the service we had nothing but problems and lies about our bill... Dropping them immediately. If I could give zero stars I would.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I have internet and phone (VOIP) from AT&T. I live in a small town in a rural area and they are the only provider (I don't want satellite) available to me. I am near the maximum distance for DSL and get a slower rate because of that. The service drops off daily and sometimes every few minutes. It used to be significantly worse until they replaced the MODEM/router on my end. Now it is at least usable most of the time. They are providing and I pay for 5 Mbps service and I've seen it at 2 Mbps at times. Usually the service will drop for a few minutes and other times for a few hours.

If you report the problem, it will take a day or 2 usually to get someone out here to look at the problem so it is usually working long before they get here. I cannot and will not ever recommend AT&T DSL to anyone. I sure wish someone would run fiber in the area. AT&T has been promising an upgrade in my area for close to 5 years. Maybe someday but in the meantime I pay way too much money for a service that is really bad.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My family and I have been AT&T customers for a long period of time. However, over the last 12 months we have had an issue with our U-verse and Internet service that has not been resolved. First of all our U-verse service horrible due to it freezing 3-4 times a day. We have called it into customer service. They send out a technician who has basically told us, "It was wired, you need a new box or modem, it is the cabling outside." Bottom line it still hasn’t been fixed and still freezes 3-4 times a day. Second, our internet service has not been the best. We called and complained of how slow the speed was and were told we needed to increase the bandwidth which would increase the speed.

That didn’t work. Then it was you need a new modem. Then it was you need to install repeaters in your house to spread out the connection. Bottom line a technician comes out and we still have issues. As of yesterday afternoon we lost service to both. When my wife called she was informed that there is an issue inside the house with the wiring and a technician would be out. I called later in the evening and was told that it had to do with the cabling outside of our home. Then the representative had the nerve to offer us the opportunity to switch to DirecTV. If I switch to anything direct it will be to direct my business elsewhere as soon as I can find better service with a company that knows what they are doing. It is horrible how AT&T has treated us and doesn’t seem to care about wanting to fix an issue.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

The problem started when I tried to access a website and kept getting the following error message: "The connection has timed out". I checked online to see if it was down or not and all of them reported it was up and running. I tried the website again and I still got the same error. I tested it again using an online VPN and I was able to access it. The website I was trying to access was an online conversion for html and pdf files.

Found the answer at the AT&T Community Forums, one customer said that you had to contact AT&T and tell them to "Reset/change the DSN server" (the AT&T server, not the customer router) and that would clear everything up. I called AT&T, the first rep said he could fix it but then said he couldn't and had to transfer me to their tech support dept. The tech support rep said I first had to sign up for the "Advanced Technical Support", which would be $15 a month, to fix the problem. Then I contacted the customer, who gave the answer at the forum, and asked him if he had to sign up for the "Advanced Technical Support" to fix the problem. He said no, it was free but it was handled by the call center in the US (the customer reps that I spoke to were from a call center in India).

Something’s not right here and it's starting to look like the AT&T call center in India was trying to sell me the "Advanced Technical Support" to fix a simple problem. I've tried getting a hold of an AT&T rep in a US call center but I couldn't. If you're an AT&T customer and you're having this same problem, please file a complaint with the FCC and FTC so they can look in this problem.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

About 3 months ago our Uverse TV had a problem with freezing and we had to reboot over and over. We finally called into Tech. Support after trying to resolve this on our own, and was told they would send us a DVR box to try and see if that would resolve the issue. Unfortunately it did not. We called in again and was told they would send us a Router. We did receive new router and so far it has fixed the issue. The first representative we spoke with gave us a case number and said to call back after corrected to receive credits. When I called they advised me the ONLY credit they could offer was $25. They also said if wanted cheaper service she could change us to DirecTV or they would help us cancel services.

We have been a loyal customer for MANY years. We only ask for any credits when a mistake was made or we feel we deserve it, due to out of pocket cost or inconvenience. We pay over $100 a month just for Uverse and $25 credit was unacceptable. As I felt I had no choice I told them to put the $25 on account and as of today, it has not shown. Very frustrated and would appreciate any help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Our internet and cable went out on a Sunday. We were told that someone was already out fixing it and would be working on Monday. Monday we were told Tuesday. Tuesday we were told maybe by Friday. Horrible experience when you have a little child and also run 2 businesses out of your home. Have not been able to work without internet. Not to mention feel so out of touch without being able to check the weather or watch the news. I am paying good money for service that I don't get.

My husband and I both have been lied to about 20 times over the last 3 days. Will be switching service. Had not had problems before this...but the one problem has turned into a nightmare. A supervisor even told me to use someone else's internet. Are you kidding me??? Why when I should be able to use the one I pay for. Someone a few streets away from me experienced the exact same problem a week before I did. Their service did not get fixed for 6 days...and was lied to with the same stories we were. I am disgusted with AT&T U-verse.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I called to have my equipment upgraded, I was told that someone would call me back the next day to schedule a time for a technician to come out to complete the job. No one called so two days later I called them back. There had been no order put in for the upgrade, so we scheduled for Dec. 3, 2018. They called after the 4 window that should have arrived and said the tech did not have the equipment so we rescheduled for Dec. 10th. On this date, and again after the 4 hour window they had told me they would arrive they called and said they could not come because the tech didn’t have the correct equipment.

After being transferred from person to person about 6 times for over 2 hours on the phone they wanted to schedule for the 17th (“when they would have the correct equipment” LOL), then the 13th, and then the 11th while being told there had been no work order, I was done. The bottom line is the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. Needless to say I cancelled my service with them completely after 4+ years as a customer. I called a competitor the same evening, and they set me up for the next day (hopefully they will come through but I can’t imagine it could be worse than this company). This company is awful, unprofessional, and clueless. I do not recommend them to ANYONE!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We have had 3 technicians out in the past month during our first month of service and experienced an entire week of no service due to their availability. We will be immediately shopping and returning to Comcast. DO NOT use their service - terrible!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

After three months and 6 service calls, I still do not have good service. We had to disconnect the wireless TV equipment as it did not work at all. Now we just have internet and it is spotty at best. The billing has been WRONG EVERY MONTH. By wrong, I mean that it is different than they quote. They constantly apologize and tell me what they are doing to fix it but then when I call again to verify or look at the bills it makes no sense. Right now I am 38:26 into a call to get the bill fixed again. Now I am 48 minutes into the call.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Watching U-Verse on my Laptop or Desktop computer. When we first got U-verse it was no problem, I had all access, Could watch any channel or On Demand Movies Free or Pay. Now I can't get anything at all, what happen? Paying all this money for U-Verse and they take away U-verse from my Desktop/laptop. That's Not right. Thinking about changing.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I spent over 3 hours on the phone with AT&T this week and was not able to get anything accomplished due to the incompetence of the customer service associates they employ. At&t had me lift a freeze off of my credit with the wrong company (I was told Experian and it is Equifax) and when I called back it was handled as if it was no big deal. So now I'm supposed to contact Equifax to have them lift my freeze after I had it done with Experian already. When I requested a manager I was told that because it is the weekend there are no managers working. I find it hard to believe that a company as large as AT&T would have such lack of concern for the way consumers personal information is handled. I am already not comfortable with providing my SSN but had to provide it twice because I was given the wrong information. And when I tried to get the service a second time I was told the freeze was still showing.

I advised I had the freeze taken off with Experian and she said, "No it's Equifax, so you have to contact them." When I was conferenced with the lady in AT&T credit department she told me that no one would have told me that it was Experian as if I was a liar. I advised her that no one in her department told me that but I was in fact told that by a CSR and their supervisor a couple days prior. She had no empathy for my situation even though I had spent over 3 hours on the phone with no resolution.

I thought I would give them another try after I had to cancel their service a few years ago after only having it for a week because you could not watch more than 3 televisions at a time with their service and I was not told that even though I rented 4 boxes. AT&T dug up my yard some weeks ago to lay lines for this new internet service and I am not even able to get any benefit from it. This is really poor service and I am highly disappointed in one of the worlds leading telecommunications companies.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

For the years I have being having ATT U-verse I being having problem with internet cutting in and out a lot at time. I can't have a Conversation on the phone because the internet go in and out. Why using the phone and at time it get go in and out. Many tech have try to get it right but it just not working right. I will be Afraid to use the phone on a 911 call due to it may cut out why talking are why make the call.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Internet is constantly dropping, and never is at the advertised speed I am paying for. I went to upgrade to Internet 25 from Internet 18 in hopes that would help the situation. I had a tech scheduled to come do the install today, and they didn't show up. No call, nothing. I contacted customer support and they stated the earliest they can be out is three days from now... I took the day off work so I could be present, as they requested. So fed up with this company, but they have a monopoly in the area and there are no other options!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I've had At&t Uverse Internet for years at my apartment, upload speeds have always been dreadfully slow, despite being in a good service area, (turning in photo projects sometimes takes hours). Anyways, I'm moving in with my fiancee, who already has a provider (and takes at most 15 mins to upload large projects). I call to cancel service and of course they want me to transfer the service, no thanks just cancel it please. The customer support agent tells me I will be charged a cancellation fee if they can provide service to the new address and I opt not to transfer it. Can they have the address, I told them I didn't want to give them the new address because I didn't want sales mailers. Then they said if I didn't give them the address a cancellation fee is mandatory. Of course that is total BS, they are trying to scare people.

Anyways, gave them the address because the guy was "going by the computer." Then of course he quoted bogus speeds and said they are much better than my current provider at that address and that my current upload speeds are only 1 mbps, and they could offer me at least 1gb a second. What?? You can't speed test my internet speed from wherever you are just by my address!! Also, totally bogus because my upload speeds here are worlds better than when I had At&t.

They are following misleading scripts and lying to people about bogus charges and internet speeds. He then had to submit my request to a "specialist" to approve my request to cancel service which was "approved" and then tried to get off the phone as quickly as possible - but I stopped him before getting off the phone and Got him to tell me there was no cancellation fee! What a huge load! They have that implemented in their scripts to scare people when they full well know if you're in contract or not + you can't charge someone a fee for not telling you their new address!!! Looking forward to never using this company again. Oh, and it took several transfers + 30 mins just to get to the department to cancel my service.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

We have had AT&T for our internet for almost 4 years now. Though not by choice. As renters we are subject to whatever internet our building is wired for and unfortunately that has been AT&T in every building we have been in. I REALLY don't like how that works. It takes away consumer freedoms and smells of mini monopolies. So we are stuck paying for service that is slow and that's the only reliable part of the service. You can count on it dropping out or dipping in speed daily. Too much to count. We have called multiple times throughout the years and the funny thing is the service and connection always improves for a short time but then goes back to the old slow and dropping connection it was. THEN when you call they always want to charge you more for "faster" internet. As if that's going to change the drops in connection and at this point I don't believe it would change the speed either. It hasn't so far.

What REALLY gets me is that the guy who installed their equipment told me we actually share the service with 3 or 4 units anyway so even if we paid for the 1000 speed internet we wouldn't actually be getting it because we can't due to the shared factor and apparently also because the equipment isn't capable of it. Is this not false advertising?? Paying for something you can't even get. That's messed up. That's a scam. It's always more money for nothing. We would change providers if we could. It's sad when your internet connection is slow even when you are only using your TV and have all other devices disconnected just to try and keep Netflix or Sling from buffering or dropping out completely. AT&T is a SCAM!!! And we are forced to use it or nothing at all. How is that fair.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Have been with AT&T Internet services for over a year. The only thing available in my area is DSL and nothing else unless I go cable. The download speed is only 4.9mbps and the upload speed is 0.7 mbs. Try and get a hold of billing or tech help and you should reserve about two hours as the phone numbers they give you are always wrong. Today I received three bills; one for my usual $41.00, then another for $47.51, and a third for $51.00. I should be paying only $41.00 unless I go over gigabytes then another $10.00 is added, but that seldom occurs.

So now I will be using Xfinity Internet. They came out and found my disconnected TV cable (as I have DirecTV with Wifi) and ended up running a new cable from two houses down to my box as this cable is more advanced. The tech will arrive on 12/1 to hook it all up; even bought my own modem box ($64.00) that is used by Xfinity so my payments each month will be about the same as AT&T except I won't have networks going down like on AT&T does. Total installation for Xfinity is only $89.00 which includes the cable and modem hookup. IF YOU DECIDE to go with AT&T for any services, expect to get what you deserve!!!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Here is my letter to John Donavan, ATT CEO. Two weeks later I get a limp email from a fellow by the name of Henn who claims to be in some department in Dallas and he is the one to answer and correct any problems. He gave me a phone # and told me to leave a message and he would get back to me, of course, at his convenience. I responded to his email giving him a time frame to call me. Zero response. Within the week I will have service other than ATT even with the gross inconvenience of redoing all my established emails etc. To those considering ATT, my advice, run!!! They lie, mislead, have mostly Indians who don't speak nor understand English well trying to schedule fixes for your problem(s) and it seems to never work out. If you are prepared for one to three weeks waits for service welcome to ATT.

"Please join my Crusade to uphold third-rate service because ATT is in grave danger of dropping below that threshold. Although you will probably never read this letter, someone will, unless it is handled as all my other contacts with ATT have been, it will simply be ignored in hopes it will go away. Well this time I think your minions will get their wish and I will just go away from ATT. But first, let me explain why:

I will not list past problems, although there have been many. My current problem is with U-Verse of which I have had for several years, the U450 edition, which including internet and two little used cell phones cost me somewhat north of $4000 per year. I have three TVs in my system and recently the information about what program is currently running at the bottom of the screen plus all guide and information functions stopped working. Two of the three corrected themselves but the third, and the one most watched, is still missing that function.

First, I called your service line and was connected to someone in Manila or Subic Bay or somewhere in the Philippines. They were not too helpful and nothing was accomplished other than scheduling a service call, which was to be performed at 7:00 AM on Monday the 29th of October, plus someone, somewhere, in you system was supposed to send me a new set top box to arrive before that Monday. We disrupted other plans to be home and available at that time. Surprise! Neither set top box nor service representative arrived.

I called again that Monday and spoke to someone who said she was in South Florida. She tended to be argumentative and we settled on sending me a set top box, which I would install. We also discussed canceling my account. This is the third day and still no set top box. I called again today, October 31, how fitting, it being Halloween and this time got connected to someone in Mumbai or Bangalore or some other Indian hotspot. I’m not sure what was accomplished because I couldn’t understand much of what he was saying but I think he was supposed to send another set top box, standard shipping, to arrive in three business days. Succinctly, by the time you get this complaint and you decide whether or not to follow company protocol and ignore it, I will either have a completely working ATT system or I will have some other service, after all, streaming, even for an old non-techno ** like me should be able to figure it out.

Another interesting fact is that the ATT service center that will dispense the technicians to actually do any work is less than a kilometer from my residence yet I can’t go there for service. Please, I understand the supposed economy in centralizing corporate functions but I don’t think all the centralization, outsourcing to Bangalore and other overseas locations and H1-b’s are worth what it is ultimately going to cost you in customer loyalty. Certainly none of the supposed savings and economies that are to be had is accruing to your customer base but the animosity most certainly is. Please, at least offer us (your customers) the option of dealing with someone in the USA and speaks understandable English. On the plus side all your representatives are good at apologizing and sympathizing and understanding my concerns but not very good at actually addressing the problem."

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I reported trouble w/ my TV Uverse and was scheduled an appointment for a technician to come to my home to repair network problem. The appointment was scheduled for Thursday, 11/15 between 8am-12noon and I received a text confirmation on Wed evening. I called AT&T at 10:29 on Thurs and was told the technician would be at my home by noon. Technician NEVER SHOWED UP. After another lengthy phone conversation with AT&T my appt was rescheduled for TOMORROW between 8-12. This is so unprofessional, unacceptable and unreasonable!!!! AT&T has lost my trust, my business & my respect as they have totally disappointed me as a customer service business????

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I called to get an appt to have new service installed in a new room in my house. 29 mins later, and after being transferred 5 times, I finally got to someone who I could barely understand to get an appointment. Customers mean nothing to AT&T. Your customer service sucks. I'm trying to get more equipment to service a new TV and give you even more of my hard earned money and I am treated like as hot potato. My advice to anyone considering AT&T for any kind of service... Run to another company. Don’t walk. Get as far away from AT&T as possible. You'll thank me later.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I live in a condo and they just do AT&T. The internet here is awful, at night time is even worse. Seems to be normal to deliver a poor internet service over here because is the same thing with my neighbors.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

October 7, 2018. It will take a lot for me to ever reconsider using AT&T again. I have given the benefit of the doubt for years on the lack of professionalism and accuracy/consistency with their efforts. And when I move off my parent’s phone plan, I will NOT be choosing AT&T. July 2017 moved into my apartment and signed up for AT&T's internet only. Used it for the year and had no issues. May 2018 called to inform AT&T that in July, I will be moving out of my apartment and into a new home. This time I wanted to have 2 TVs (1 DVR) and internet. Picked my packages and scheduled my installation date.

July 2018, installation guy came and set up our TV and internet. Only minor thing was that the company had a shortage of DVRs nationwide. The installation guy set us up with the one TV for now and said the DVR will be shipped to my house when they are back in stock and then I can just plug it in and use it on my second TV. I was AOK with this for the meantime. NOTE: I have 1 working TV and working internet starting JULY 2018. August 2018, I get my first bill in the new house. I called AT&T and informed them that I am being billed for 2 TVs, 1 DVR and internet but I still do not have the DVR and I only have 1 TV right now. The lady said “No worries at all. I am already aware of this and I have deducted it from your account.” I was okay with this as well for now.

September 2018 I still do not have the DVR. I got my bill and see that they automatically deducted the amount off again so I don’t have to pay for something that I do not have. Thursday, September 27th 2018 get a message on my TV stating that my services have been turned off. I have no working TV anymore and no internet. I work a second job being a remote assistant for a lawyer where I need internet so right away I call AT&T to find out what happened and hopefully get my internet turned back on.

Spoke with someone in the call center regarding this issue. She says she does not know why my account was cancelled and she will transfer me to someone that can help investigate this further. The next person said they can see that I NEVER completed a request for a transfer of services to my new home and that can be the main reason as to why the account was cancelled. (Very interesting as to how that is my fault when I called in May, set up my Move In Date and Installation and have had TV and internet since July in my new home, but okay AT&T let's blame this on the customer…)

She then further explains they can’t just turn on the current TV box and modem that we have in our house but we have to get an installation guy out there to install brand new ones. She also said the best solution is to set up a new account and start all over. She then transferred me to someone in sales. Right away I told the sales department my frustrations when she stated it will take over a week to get an installation guy out to my house to set up TV and internet again. After hearing my story of what happened she told me she is going to send this to her supervisor and have him get an expedited date for installation for me.

The supervisor was able to get me an expedited date of installation to Tuesday, October 2nd instead of Saturday, October 6th. The hours they will be coming is between 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm and since AT&T was set up before in the home it wouldn’t take longer than 15 minutes for the guys to just install a new TV box and new modem. They also informed me that the tech will call 30 minutes before his arrival. I explained that I had work Tuesday but I will make it happen to be here so I moved my schedule from 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm to 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm instead. Lastly, after the 2.5-hour long phone call with AT&T they offered me 3 months free all of all premium movie channels for the inconvenience. I was happy for the nice gesture.

Tuesday, October 2nd 2018. 1:00 pm passes, 2:00 pm passes, and 2:30 pm passes and still no phone call from the Tech. I call AT&T and they said they were sorry that a tech has not arrived yet but someone will still be coming today. They just can’t give me an exact time of when they will arrive. They told me to wait it out till 3:00 pm and if no one calls then to give them a call back to reschedule a time. 3:10 pm passes and still no phone call from a tech. I call AT&T back and tell them I have to reschedule because I have to go to work. The lady gives me an option date that is over a week away. I began to get frustrated and asked if I can speak to a supervisor to explain my situation and see if they can get me another expedited date.

The supervisor then walked through the old steps again trying to figure out why I have 2 separate accounts for the same house, then tells me “Oh I see YOU NEVER completed a transfer for your services to your new house. That is why they cancelled your first account"...(RIGHT!?!) and then said “The best I can do is get you an installation date for this Friday, October 5th between 9:00 am - 11:00 am and a tech will call you 30 minutes before to let me know they are on their way.” I said “Okay I will take that”. She also offered me the first month free due to the inconvenience. Again, I was happy for this offer as well.

SIDE NOTE: Every time AT&T explained that the reason why my services was turned off is because I NEVER completed a transfer date to my new home. Even though we know I clearly did. They also kept telling me that I have NOT had TV and internet for the past few months. I had to explain every time that YES I have had TV and internet this whole time and they kept telling me I did not. Then I explain that the guy came to my house in July and set it up and they said they did not have a record of that service ever being completed either. I don’t understand how they do not have records of any of this. And why would I have called in August stating that I only have 1 working TV instead of 2 and don’t want to be paying for 2 TVs when I don’t have 2 TVs and that’s why they deducted it from my bill. None of that added up to me…

Friday, October 5th 2018. 9:00 am passes, 10:00 am passes, 11:00 am passes, and now it's noon. I call AT&T and ask for an update on when a tech will be arriving. The lady in the call center said, "I see you had an appointment for today but I also see that it was cancelled…" At this point I am in tears because I have been without internet for over a week and I need internet for my second job. I asked why and who cancelled the appointment. She did not have an answer. I asked if I could speak to the supervisor that had helped me out on Tuesday and she said she did not have any records of who I spoke to last time.

On Tuesday the supervisor said she is putting “notes” on my account of this call for future reference but the lady this time says there is no notes of a call with a supervisor. They only see a note stating “was transferred to a supervisor.” The only solution the girl on the phone said was to reschedule me for another installation date. At this point all I want is internet to get installed into my home ASAP.

I then remembered I had the original tech’s phone number that installed my TV and internet in July on the document they left behind for me if I were to have any issues. I gave him a call. He remembered setting up my house right away. He also gave me a direct number to call for a regional manager in the area that can hopefully get someone to my house ASAP to give me internet. I explained that all they need to do is put in a new box and modem and it shouldn’t be long at all.

I called that regional manager and right away he was super apologetic and told me to send him my address, new account number and pin code for my account. He said he will figure out what he can do for me today and if nothing can be done today he will schedule me a new appointment if worse comes to worst. His last words to me were “I will get back to you within the hour of the final verdict.” 3 hours go by and I have heard nothing… (Update: Saturday October 6th at 1:00 pm I have still never heard anything from this regional manager.)

Friday night I drove to the Xfinity store nearby. Asked if there was a chance I can get TV and internet set up asap. Their answer was yes. They scheduled a tech to come to my house the next day Saturday, October 6th between 10:00 am -12:00 pm. That night I received 3 reminder calls from Xfinity to confirm the appointment for the next morning. I received texts messaged from Xfinity all morning Saturday giving me updates on when my tech will arrive. My tech arrived at 10:15 am. He set up my TV and internet. He did have to rewire the house with new Comcast connections since there was AT&T connections previously and had zero issues after that.

AT&T has disappointment me in the past but this past week and a half has been by far the worst. 1. To blame me as the customer as to the reason why my account was cancelled. I did my part in May by calling AT&T, informing them of my move, informing them that I wanted to upgrade to having both TV and internet, by setting up my installation date, by being there for my installation date, and by staying on top of my bill when I needed to call them and remind them that I do not have a DVR box and only 1 TV instead of 2 like my bill had stated.

2. Them selling more DVRs than they had in stock for their customers. 3. Them not showing up to their appointments and not giving any warning to the customer. No reminder calls, no update texts, no call from the techs. (Side note: Tuesday October 2nd after rescheduling my appointment I had a tech text me at 4:30 pm saying they were at my house and no one was home. I told him the appointment got rescheduled at 3:10 pm) But still no call from him 30 minutes beforehand…

4. Them not keeping good records of conversations or my information on my account… And this has happened to my parent’s time and time again. SIDE STORY: My family has AT&T for our phones and does not have unlimited data. AT&T charges $15 for every gig that you go over. When you dial the number *data# you get an automated text message breakdown of every single phone on your plan and the amount of data they use.

We would get the text notification from AT&T stating that we have gone over data and then get about 3 more of those texts (yes getting charged an extra $15 every time) but our data breakdown per phone does not move at all. (Example: Let’s say my phone and everyone’s data usage says 1,003 data used. It would say our data went up another 1gb but mine and everyone else’s data usage will still be at 1,003 but yet we keep getting charged.) We are really good at shutting off our data when we start to go over but AT&T doesn’t think so.

When my dad brought this to AT&T‘s attention all they said was “oh we don’t have those records on the usage breakdowns. We just see that you went over time and time again. So my dad got charged $15 more 5 times each bill resulting in about $45, $60, $75 extra each bill. I kept my cool, I gave them the benefit of doubt and I even wanted to keep the service time and time again but eventually had no other option than to go to Xfinity to get internet back in my house. What was so hard to get a current client’s services turned back on after AT&T’s FAULT of turning it off?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

On Oct. 30, 2018, I called AT&T to cancel my Internet and DirecTV bundle. I spoke with Johnathan and after numerous questions and answers he said he cancelled the service on both and gave me a confirmation number. I also returned all the equipment through UPS, as instructed by Johnathan. Today, Nov 7th, I decided to check my account to see that it was closed. To my surprise, my account was still open and my Internet and DirecTV were still showing as active.

I spoke to a different rep today, and I think she has cancelled both as she gave me two separate cancellation numbers (one for Internet and one for DirecTV) and issued me a small refund. I say, I think it is cancelled as my account still is open when I check it on the website, but it does show a refund. I will give it until tomorrow, and then I hope to see a closed account message. If I had not decided to check, I would still be in the dark about this account being active and would receive another bill from them. Be careful! If you cancel service with AT&T, check to make sure the rep really did cancel it.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

For 5 years I had ATT Uverse internet on the 12MB/s package (that's the highest speed available at my address). Recently I noticed speed decreases and I find out that Uverse changed my package without me asking. I had 4 different service technicians come out over a 2 week period and the only answer they could find was "your speed package was changed because you are too far from the junction box." So now, after pulling the full speed of the plan I pay for 5 years I am no longer able to get that package because "you were never able to get that speed." Except I was... I did it for 5 years. So I'm paying $62 for 6MB/s instead of $67 for 12MB/s.

If you are able to use Spectrum, do it. Don't worry about what other people say about them. Trust me on this, you'd rather have fast internet that goes out every once in a while than slow internet that is fairly stable but costs twice as much. They even had the audacity to lie to me and say they were running fiber to my neighborhood to explain the speed drop... Temporary they assured me. In my opinion, the trouble I've been through is almost worth just canceling internet altogether until another ISP comes this way, and I MAKE MY LIVING ONLINE. It's ridiculous and they've been nothing but trouble.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I changed to the Uverse because of promises given on billing and services provided. Every month I got a extra charge or they had put me on a trial thing I didn’t know and then I would get a 400 dollar bill. I would have to call that would be nice fix it and then again next month it would happen again. I dropped them sent their stuff back. They will not come get Dish off your house. They are ugly and then send a crazy bill which I paid. One year later I’m getting a collection co call me. That’s BS. Be smart. Get a Roku or Firestick and basic cable. It won’t crap out with weather... and it about 40 per month all in. No games like these people. I’ll tell everybody I know and I’m in a high customer based job. They suck.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I wish I could give a negative star. I changed from Comcast to AT&T Cable because they promised me over and over that it was a 2 year agreement. The first year it was $78 per month, but starting the 13th month it was $113. I asked them over and over that it was a 2 year program and they lied to me. I will NEVER do business with AT&T again. And you should never do business with a dirty, low down company that doesn't keep their word.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I was supposed to be transferred to the Customer Loyalty department for Unified Billing. I was transferred to the regular billing department, then transferred to the Sales department, then transferred to the customer loyalty department for internet, then transferred to the regular customer loyalty department, then transferred to Unified billing department, then FINALLY transferred to the customer loyalty department for Unified Billing.

Each time I was accidentally transferred to the wrong department, I explained very clearly where I needed to be transferred as I had been transferred to the wrong department so many times. They said they will definitely make sure they were the last stop before I was transferred to the correct place, but were wrong 6 TIMES. I am switching to another carrier ASAP.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I have had the option for no paper bill and automatic payments since I signed up for the service. I've gotten a paper bill every month. Called 3 months in a row, over 2 hours on the phone, just got another bill in the mail. The internet has been reliable and coverage is great over my condo, but I HATE getting a paper bill, and I do not understand why they insist on sending me one. The settings on my account are for no paper, multiple customer service representatives and supervisors have assured me I'll get no more bills, and yet I still get a paper bill. If it wasn't for the fact that Cox Internet sends me even MORE paper in multiple ads every week. I'd transfer, but my policy is that if you send me paper over and over again, I don't want your service. But I need internet for work and gaming. I cannot wait until a third option opens up.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

You Are Now Part of AT&T. Thanks... I speak sarcasm so I am angry and I NEVER write reviews as a personal policy. It’s a waste of precious time. I even resent the compulsion to write this one. The short of it is that we had a wind storm and that was 4 days ago. Still no internet. 6 phone calls on our part and a couple text and a few phone calls back from them with promises lol because we got nothing. I live near Pasadena Ca. It’s not as if we live in the middle of nowhere. Boy when they want to lay cable or sell you something they canvas like mad. They had numerous people walking through the neighborhood at dinner time knocking on everyone’s door. Now it’s a ghost town. Give me a break! Also, I have nothing against folks from other places but when you call for help you get connected to robotic style people offshore who do not get paid enough to give a damn.

Needless to say we are out of here and I want them to take all of their ugly equipment and boxes and crap out of here too. It isn’t is the absolute worst customer service that I have ever experience in my whole life. The phone calls. No one is connected to any other department. How convenient for them! The insult to injury was the fact that because the internet is down we used up our data plan. Also AT&T. But no credit for us because that is conveniently the same company but a different company just the same. So bu-bye you rip artists. The jig is up! Don’t let the outdated rubbish hit you in the face.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

My husband purchase this service last week and ever since then the internet goes out every single day for about 15 minutes every hour on the hour. This service sucks. I should have stayed with Charter Spectrum because this is ridiculous and don't let it go out while you playing a game starts circling around then comes back in but all day and night it keeps going out. I repeat do not use AT&T U-verse. The service sucks. Should be free service since it has so many problems.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was calling to cancel my DirecTV. The representative that I was finally transferred to was a young, aggressive salesperson. I was being offered all three services for $135 a month. It was all supposed to run off of my phone, with a Sim chip they would send out. I had seen some bad reviews on AT&T previously and was very skeptical. I was on the phone at least for an hour, and was being badgered most of that time. I could not find online reviews easily; all the searches were sites for selling their bundles. I finally landed on the Consumer Affairs site and could see all the terrible reviews on their customer service. I decided you get what you pay for; and what if I lost my phone? I would have no internet or TV! I agree, the customer service just trying to get someone to cancel my TV service was bad; I got transferred all around. I just don't trust them! Thank you all for your previous comments - you saved me from getting more involved with this conglomerate!

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

• Best for: Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs