2.17/5

3407 AT&T Uverse Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 25, 2019

AT&T Internet is a joke. Rates go up. Service is throttled to get more money. Every time I call there’s an excuse offered. Funny, I only have issues during peak times, ie when most people are home in my area. How are they allowed to not be accountable for providing a service? Consumers have to pay whether or not service is rendered or substandard. A class action suit should be filed against them. Maybe they will change their tune!

Original review: April 24, 2019

We have had problems with AT&T for years but this last experience went too far. We were rushed, got hung up on more than once, left on hold for prolonged periods, experienced a shift change with no warning or explanation, were spoken do to as if we were idiots, they were extremely rude and were hissing on the phone. What a horrible customer experience. The worst Customer Services ever. After paying loads of money to them each month, they could not fix our problem as their unskilled phone techs are on the low end and have no idea what they are doing. Plus they REFUSE to send a live tech on site and all they do is give us ticket numbers. A complete joke. I do not understand how they are in business. It is bewildering. DO NOT... I REPEAT...DO NOT SIGN UP WITH AT&T. You will be very sorry if you do. WE are switching to Xfinity tomorrow!!!

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Got scammed by an ATT sales rep when I called in about questions on my phone bill! He sucked us in to some trial promo U-Verse cable/internet service, promising crap he knew nothing about! Installed service on Friday, internet would not work upstairs, so they were going to come back on Monday to rig something up and we were so disappointed in the cable going in and out over the weekend that we called them on Monday and told them to come get everything because we were not impressed. Guy came Monday to disconnect service and took all equipment. He gave us paperwork showing everything had been returned and there would be NO CHARGES...well that was a big lie!!!

We get a bill charging us for services we didn't even have. I reached out to the sales rep multiple times and of course he never responded...but he always responded before when they came to do the service! I called the number on the bill and all the Uverse customer service is handled outside of the US, which was a nightmare trying to get them to even understand what happened! They told me charges would be removed next billing cycle...well guess what, that was another lie because I got another bill!!! I call back again this time insisting that I speak to someone in the US. I get Chelsea in the Atlanta office and she informs me that it takes 2-3 billing cycles for charges to come off!!! What the???

I asked her why the phone bill corrections can happen automatically, but Uverse takes 2-3 billing cycles and she said that's just the way their system works! I asked to speak to her supervisor, which she responded and said there was not one available, but she could take my info and they would call me back in 24-48 hrs...just more lies!!! We have been with ATT for over 20 years and are considering leaving because if they own and associate themselves with this company and allow this time of treatment to customers, we don't want to financially contribute to their deception! Don't ever use this company no matter what kind of incentives they try to offer you... It is not worth it...there will be a much higher price to pay than what you will ever get from them!!!

Original review: April 19, 2019

The Internet, and DirecTV was terrible. Internet runs slow, and every time the wind blows the Dish goes out. I would not recommend setting up auto pay because they overcharge at times and once the transaction is made it is hard to get a refund, if one is given. Pay close attention to your bills. DO NOT TRUST THEM!!

Original review: April 18, 2019

I canceled my DirecTV February 20th 2019 and went with their competitor. The company, AT&T pulled $95.00 dollars out of my account on February 16th. I checked with the line provided me by AT&T and was told that my refund check was being sent to me. I checked today April 18th 2019 and was informed that I had no refund check coming as they determined that I needed to pay for a service I never used. I will never use AT&T again and I will tell all of my friends about the royal screwing I got. As far as I am concerned this company stole money from me. And talking to people in another country asking for assistance that they have no ability to provide is one of the worse experiences I have ever had.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: April 18, 2019

Don't believe a word they tell you! They told me I had to pay a $500 deposit but it would come off my bill each month. I got my first bill and they charged it as a 1 time FEE. For some BS. Makes no sense at all!!! I called and they said, "Wrong department, call this number..." Called the new number and they said, "No, you had the correct number." So I called back... and now no one will answer!!! This is absolute fraud and everyone needs to be warned!!!

Original review: April 16, 2019

ATT is the most dishonest company I have ever experienced in my 65 years. They promised me a Uverse promotion that did not exist and then overcharged when I tried to fix it. They promised me $300 in Visa rewards which never happened. The cable went out in my bedroom after 1 week and I have not had tv in my bedroom for 10 days and to make a long story short, now they want to charge me the full early termination fee for 3 weeks of service when everywhere I read, it says customers have 30 days to cancel without penalty. I will be filing a report with the Better Business Bureau and filing a lawsuit against ATT. This was just outright fraud and illegal.

Original review: April 16, 2019

When I moved to Michigan, the community that I lived in only had AT&T service available, but since this was going to be temporary, we figured we could manage. I had an appointment for starting service but that was soon delayed by 1 month. Several no-shows followed by a list of excuses - including "none of the installers in Michigan showed up". Eventually got hooked up, then had problems with the box. Got a new box, returned the old, then got billed for the returned box 2 months later. Got that straightened out, bought a house, called AT&T and spoke with Donna on Dec 26 to verify if service was available in our area. Donna said no, same service is not available at my new home, and told me there would be no early termination fee.

Two months later, I get a bill for TWO termination fees! One for internet and one for TV. I have been fighting this to no avail. They finally removed one fee, but not the other. AT NO TIME DID AT&T EVER TELL ME THAT THERE WERE TERMINATION FEES FOR EACH SERVICE. I was told one fee for my service, PERIOD! The same is reflected on the written confirmation. It is disgraceful that they can't be honest with the consumer. BEWARE! STAY AWAY! It is a pleasure working with Xfinity. NEVER AGAIN, AT&T!!! NEVER!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I moved to a neighborhood of newly constructed townhomes. The builder confirmed that AT&T and Spectrum were both wired in the neighbor prior to construction. I was an existing AT&T user and wanted to move the service. When I called, they advised they're not available there. They set up a "ticket" for an engineer to go out and service it, but can't provide a timeline for when that will be done. I called 3 more times asking if it's been surveyed, and I can send pics of the cable pedestal but I kept getting the same answer "if it's not in the computer, nothing can be done" - I asked for management to communicate with the engineers about the location, but no luck. Ultimately had to cancel and go with Spectrum who promised to send someone out the following day, and can set up service within 9 days of the survey - everything was handled on the first call with Spectrum!

Original review: April 13, 2019

IF YOU CAN POSSIBLY AVOID IT, DO *NOT* DO BUSINESS WITH AT&T! We live in a rural area where, according to several AT&T service reps, it is not cost effective for the company to upgrade/replace equipment and lines. We signed up with Uverse about 3 years ago because of the promise of lightning fast speed. That was a miserable disappointment, and after being told that we absolutely could not go back to our old service, we objected loudly enough that they eventually did allow us to go back. Just a couple of months ago we once again fell for the company line that said things had been improved, we should get lightning fast internet speed with an "upgrade", never lose signal, blah, blah, blah. NOT!!!! After just a few months with Uverse 10mbs service, we are on at least our fourth modem. It seems that the magic "cure" for everything is to replace the modem.

If I were the powers that be at AT&T, I would have to seriously re-think doing business with whoever manufactures those modems because they are obviously sub-standard! Anyway, on Thursday, April 11, we lost internet service and, because our phone lines and home security system are hard-wired into our AT&T system, we are also without a landline or a burglar alarm.

My husband called AT&T's repair service late Thursday evening; they checked the line and determined ... wait for it ... it's the modem; however, they initially REFUSED to send a modem right away, saying that a technician needed to install it and that there was no appointment available for nearly 10 days. My husband offered to drive anywhere and meet a technician, saying he knew they carry spare modems on their trucks and that he is willing and more than able to install the equipment himself. His request was refused, at which time he decided to end the conversation. His attempts to communicate with them temporarily ended at approximately 1:30 on Friday morning.

Later Friday morning, after several hours sleep, he was yet again on the phone doing the same "dance" with AT&T's "customer service". I overheard him ask and then demand to speak to a supervisor at least eight times, and at each request it was obvious he was being denied. I don't know if the repair rep was of foreign descent or if my husband was simply wondering if somehow he was not making himself clear to the representative, but after requesting over and over to speak to a supervisor, I heard my husband say, "Do you not understand English?", at which time the rep hung up on him.

My husband is nothing if not calm and collected. In 20+ years of marriage I can only recall seeing him really angry a couple of times, and this was the third time! First of all, to be denied a piece of equipment that is readily available and offer to do the work yourself only to be denied is ridiculous. Secondly, an employee of mine (especially a customer service representative) whoever dared hang up on a good, long-time, paying customer would be immediately relieved of his duties in my employment.

My husband called back again after having been hung up on and talked to at least three more reps (supervisors, I believe) only to continue to get the runaround. He was finally able to get one of the reps to agree to send a replacement modem in the mail overnight, to be delivered sometime on Saturday, April 13.

At about 3 p.m. on Saturday, my husband called to check on the whereabouts of the replacement modem, and he was told that there was no order on record for a replacement for our account. He asked that one be sent out today (Saturday) for delivery tomorrow, and he was told that it would here on April 22 - 9 days away. That is 9 days of no internet service, but worse is that we have no functioning security system or landline because of some arbitrary decision by AT&T to hold a piece of equipment ransom (possibly in retaliation for us having the audacity to request appropriate service)?

While wrapping up yet another telephone conversation with AT&T's customer service department, my husband was simultaneously ordering a modem from Amazon which will be delivered on Monday, April 15 - a full 7 days faster than AT&T's own company can or is willing to deliver the same product. "Coincidentally" on Monday, April 15, we have an appointment scheduled with Spectrum in the sincere hope that we can participate in a trend that will help put AT&T on notice that they are not the monopoly they so obviously desire to be. IF YOU CAN POSSIBLY AVOID IT, DO *NOT* DO BUSINESS WITH AT&T!

Original review: April 12, 2019

AT&T is penalizing me for their customer service rep error. I moved and wanted to keep my landline phone number because where I was moving to already have Uverse. I can’t have a second line there so the rep recommended moving my landline number to a mobile phone. In the process he put my new street address and my old city, state & zip, so the phone was sent back to them because it was undeliverable as addressed. Now they are trying to make me go to an AT&T store in Arlington Heights which I live in Beach Park, because the phone was returned to them instead of putting the correct address and sending it to me.

During this time I am still paying a bill for Internet, TV, & phone, Which I no longer have access to because I don’t live there anymore and the equipment was sent back on April 1. I moved April 1. Today is April 10, I am missing calls that would go to my landline phone, receiving emails from AT&T about activating a mobile phone I never received and they will not allow me to cancel the Internet and TV device until I activate a phone that I seem to have a problem trying to get... Frustrating. Then of course every time I call I get someone totally different and in a different state, who makes me go through the whole story just to send me to someone else to go through the whole story again, yet no one has helped me yet.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I don't even know where to begin. DirecTV Now that is owned by AT&T has no local channels and for the same price you can get youtube tv that has local channels NBA TV and more channels with more logins for the same price. Let's get to the heart of the problem. ATT internet was the worst choice I ever made. They started out at a low 40 a month rate for a year then boosted to 50 for 50MB a second. They installed fiber optics in my building which was supposed to be active as of April 2018 and was not actually active till the fall of 2018. When it was finally active I had the technician come out and he explained to me that the fiber optic cable that came into the apartment was broke and had to be fixed. Fast forward a few months. No one came out to fix it and I called and they said it worked when it didn't. After multiple calls they finally sent someone who was supposed to be here between 11-1pm.

About 1230 I received a text saying that he would be there by 1 did I want to keep the appointment. It did not give a time though. I was home and waiting so I said yes. 4pm came around and still no technician so I called Spectrum which was my old provider and they beat 50 a month with same speed offered (100 MB a second) and no contract. I cancelled AT&T at the end of my billing which was the middle of the month. I decided I was gonna move at the end of the month so I called them back to ask if I could extend my cancellation date to the end of the month because I didn't want to start a new service until I moved. I was on the phone for half hour and the representative informed me that he could not prorate and I only had the option of either keeping the cancellation in the middle of the month or paying a full month. I asked for the supervisor and he placed me on hold for 15 minutes.

I hung up and called back and got another rep who I was on the phone with for another half hour until he got a hold of a manager and he did extend it out until the end of the month. He was helpful but the first rep should have been able to do this. Obviously he didn't care and it still took almost a hour to get this done. There cell service is inferior to Verizon. Their TV app in inferior to YouTube TV and their customer all around and especially the internet is horrible and frustrating. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR ANY SERVICE CONNECTED TO THIS NAME.

Original review: April 11, 2019

The individual that came to my house said that in 1 year to call customer service and request to stay on the promotional rate and that if we paid our bill on time that they wouldn't have any issues keeping us at the promotional rate. That they try to retain loyal customers. What a joke. They raised my rate by 60 dollars a month. I told them that I would change providers before I would pay the increase. They didn't care. So I changed providers. 10 days into the billing cycle and once my new service was hooked up I call AT&T and cancelled as soon as the technician left. AT&T made me pay for a full billing cycle that included the increased rate.

I must have talked to 10 different people and they wouldn't even negotiate. They said they no longer do prorated billing. When you call them 90 percent of the time you will speak to someone that doesn't speak clear English so it is very difficult to understand what they are saying which makes it hard to understand if they are giving you any valid information to make a decision on. I would not recommend using AT&T unless you want to just throw money away. You can't trust what they say. I will never buy anything from AT&T again. I paid 120 dollars for services I didn't even use. They are downright crooks.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I keep an AT&T landline because it stays up during hurricanes, and a DSL account for internet. In the past I've tried to bundle internet and landline and they always refused to do it unless I added TV service. Recently at Costco there was a DirecTV promotion. I was told that DirecTV was owned by AT&T now and signed a contract for landline and fiber optic internet service. I was put on the phone with AT&T by the sales rep and an appointment was made for the installation.

Then the emails from AT&T began. They didn't want to do the install because I had an active landline and needed to turn it off. They needed to confirm my email address. I had to call and be put on hold for another person who tried to help, but transferred me to another dept. where I was on hold another 20 minutes. I then got to speak to someone who called himself the "Big Dog" and refused to look up my previous order.

Told me ordering through Costco/DirecTV was MY mistake, and wanted to make a new credit application and installation appointment. Refused to acknowledge my existing order number which he said didn't exist even though it was in all the emails from them. Basically they refused to honor the contract DirecTV sold me. I waited for the scheduled install and was actually relieved that it didn't happen. BTW one star is one too many if you ask me. I already had a low opinion of AT&T. It just got lower.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Had them for 30 days. Non-stop issues. Slow speed, TV kicking in-and-out, technician came in. Fixed 10 minutes after I had same problem multiple times having issues. Went to call within the 30 day cancellation. And they told me they needed full payment up front to cancel. Notified them I would have to pay them on Friday. They said, "Ok. it is noted so no issue." They are trying to charge me the cancellation of $387 when the representative said that would be no problem. Two years later still dealing with a bill on my credit. I paid in full for the month like we agreed but they want more money. What is wrong with companies now. Ridiculous.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I signed up for At&T internet service only in March and have already had so many issues. It boggles my mind. First I went through a long phone call scheduling to get Internet and DirecTV. To only have my appointment cancelled without notice because I was sold DirecTV when they don't offer it in my area (even though I was still able to get internet and wanted internet). Then I call back and schedule another appointment for just internet (100 mbps) for 2 weeks out. Mind you I have to take time off work for these appointments.

The day of, the technician comes and tells me I know you were sold 100 mbps but you are only going to get 50 mbps, half the speed, and it will cost you the same. After talking to the in-home specialist I was promised credits on my bill for being sold something they don't offer and forced to pay the same for a much slower speed. Never heard again from him, so call I in and was told, "No we don't do credits. But we will waive the $100 installation fee because of how much we have messed up, it is no longer on your bill." Then get my bill and the installation has not been waived. Call in and am not told they don't waive installation fees. There is nothing they can do. Is this really how you conduct business AT&T?? Some of the worst customer service I have had. Lie after lie.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I had my internet canceled without my consent for no reason at all which seemingly spiraled into an even bigger situation now! After talking to 4 representatives to finally get my internet back on we were also promised credits. We never received any credits that got applied to my Account, I then get an Email by ATT that my bill is now $215 for an installation and connecting fee because some idiot decided to my mistakes on my account. IT ACTUALLY GETS WORSE.... Literally a day later I get another random Email from ATT telling me that my ATT UVERSE BILL IS READY?? I DON'T EVEN HAVE THAT!

I talked to this chat agent and he explained how of course he couldn't do anything but he would make sure to note my account and to have someone from the retention department call today between noon and 2pm which of course never happened. I have zero faith in this company and now I have to worry about random changes and charges taking place without my consent? I am the only authorized account holder and made sure it wasn't fraud.

I'm currently in the process of discussing this our family attorney and will most likely file a complaint to small claims court. PS.... I tried to add my employee discount to my bill and of course it doesn't apply to what I have or 90% of any other accounts they offer. Whether this is incompetence or shady business practices I've had it as a Customer. And randomly my internet Account got removed from my profile so I just reconnected it.

Original review: April 9, 2019

AT&T Uverse TV is by far the worst TV experience I have had. Constantly freezes or goes out and has to turn off system and sometimes reboot. Especially been a pain trying to watch NCAA March Madness. Almost every game, I have missed parts of the game.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I had been with DirecTV for 15 years before AT&T took over. I NEVER had even one issue with DirecTV. Over the holidays, I upgraded our package to include movie channels. The guy on the phone who set me up didn't need ANY info from me. Great. A couple days later there was signal issues with premium channels. After sitting on hold for 35 min, the person listened to my issue and apologized that there is no PIN# setup and that would need my husband, the account holder to call back and create a PIN#. WHY WASN'T A PIN# NEEDED TO ORDER THE PREMIUM PACKAGE?!

Ok. Husband spent 45 min of lunch trying to get thru to someone to set up PIN. After much transferring, the rep told my husband that "You can't set up a PIN over the phone and would have to go to the store." Oooook. So my husband goes to the store - they can't do that at the store - directed husband to call "customer service". Went thru the same phone issues again and still no PIN# set up. Yesterday, I ordered the MAJOR LEAGUE TICKET $178! Didn't need a PIN # to order. So, today, I'm having trouble with the installation, so, having forgot about the PIN# issue, I called AT&T today. Wow! After telling the guy, Rob, that I am having issues with install - he cuts me off and says he "is not allowed" to talk to me w/o PIN#! I reminded Rob that I am NOT returning anything - I just need help with the install. He still refused to help without PIN#.

So I've just spent $178 for channels that I can't access and my husband is out of town for our son's bachelor weekend and all I have to show for my money is an emailed receipt - and now this Google review. AT&T doesn't need a PIN# to collect your money but if you have ANY questions for them - get a PIN#. I hate Comcast but at this point, I'd rather have Comcast...

Original review: April 5, 2019

I called to get a cheaper rate. Since after a year they doubled my bill but they lied. Said, "You are not on a contract and to get cheaper rate we will send new equipment and waive fee." I missed 5 hours of work @ 30 hr to be told ATT cancelled my installation appt. I spoke to 3 managers and they all lied after having me pay 109.00 even THOUGH my bill is only 45 a month. I have dealt with AT&T for 5 yrs now that they merged with DirecTV. It's a nightmare. Please run AWAY!!!!

Original review: April 3, 2019

Had At&T for years prior to my Father's death. My Mother insists on living alone, but suffers from seizures/falls. Through our security company, I installed cameras throughout the house to monitor her movements and her safety. The cameras have saved her life on four occasions. Today, without warning, the entire AT&T connection went down again. This is a constant issue. Generally connectivity is lost a minimum of twice a day and as many as 6 times a day.

AT&T claims they have "done everything." Customer service is worthless. Today I was switched three times, to three different departments, all asking the same questions I had already answered previously (this was online chat, so that I could keep a record). Each associate with whom I spoke asked me to wait, so they could review the previous conversation, only to ask the same questions repeatedly. I explained the importance of the WIFI connection and the critical nature to no avail. The employees just work there. They don't care. They're only there for the check. I get it.

The only reason I haven't changed services so far is my Mother was adamant about saving the outgoing phone message, from my Father. Today, I found a service to save it. So, AT&T. You're fired. I'm calling tomorrow, as soon as the MP3 of the recording is downloaded. It feels really good to get even with you for putting my family in this situation. I will NEVER, EVER use you again and I intend to tell anyone and everyone about the callous nature your associates have shown to my family. Fortunately, I saved the chat, showing the employees trading me back and forth and one actually telling me that he wouldn't assist and would forward me to the cancellation department. YAY! AT&T! You Win. I've had enough. Good Riddance.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I had an AT&T sales rep come to my door and offered us... or so I thought... a better deal than we were getting with another provider. My quote from her was $167.00 a month. But when the bills started rolling in they were 32 dollars higher. I spoke to someone in customer service in regard to this and they told me that The actual bill for our package is 199.00 a month. How can these sales people do this? I can't wait for my contract to run out so I can switch. I am so unhappy.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I’ve had to call MANY times because every other week there was something new on the bill, they ACCIDENTALLY disconnected my service & it took an hour to even get through to someone to call reconnect it. The customer service was VERY rude & they took their time.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I had AT&T internet and DirecTV bundled for the last couple of years. During which time, I had multiple calls in for mishaps on billing, such as services being added I didn't authorize, calling to cancel services prior to charge date and the "forgot" and then charged me, etc. At first, I figured it was just a mistake and a couple of times they promptly apologized, acknowledged the mistake, and fixed the situation by crediting the bill. What I found out quickly though, was that I had to write down the accounts of the call, because often they would say they fixed something and they actually wouldn't. One customer service rep would give me one piece of information, while the other rep would give me contradictory information.

As a specific example, I had called to notify AT&T that I was not going to renew my NFL Sunday ticket, the lady cancelled it for me (so she said). The next month, I was charged it. I called customer service and they stated they would remove the charge and pay the bill, less the Sunday Ticket charge. I did what she said. I was then told my bill was passed due since I didn't pay the full amount (the customer service rep never made the change). I called them again, the guy I spoke to told me that I hadn't called in time and I had to pay the remainder and they would cancel it. This was now 2 months after I had called to cancel it. They claimed the conversation didn't happen. I paid it so my bill wasn't behind.

At the end of my 2 years, my bill increased over $100. I called to see what options I had since I was out of contract. The options the lady gave me didn't even get me near my previous contract price and actually had me downgrade to what she referred to as "middle class"...yes, she said it was "middle class". I didn't take the deal and called back that same day to cancel services and signed on with another company. The customer service rep I spoke with, what I thought was the final time, was very helpful and apologetic. He gave me more options than what the other lady did, but I didn't accept because I had services coming into my home from another company. He made notes in the system that I would be canceling my services. He told me I couldn't cancel mid-cycle, however the bill I would pay then would be the last bill as the bill cycle is one month ahead.

I paid the large bill (280 dollars for substandard internet and tv in 2 rooms). I figured that was the end of it. This was on February 25th, 2019. I get a bill on 3/26/2019 ready for my review that says I owe an additional 170 dollars for TV. I call customer service. The guy is very snarky over the phone and explains that my 2 coordinated services were on 2 separate bill cycles so I still owe 170 for services from February 20th-March 19th. I explain that the prior customer service rep said it would be my final bill. He persists in telling me there is nothing he can do to help me and that while I was given misinformation, that I was still going to be responsible for the bill. I asked that they listen to the call with the rep. He states they can't, they are only for quality assistance purposes.

I explained this was a quality assistance issue, in fact that was the reason I left this service. He laughed multiple times, belittled me, and then cut me off and said if there were no other outstanding concerns I could have a nice day. Literally, no resolution. No apologies. No escalation of the call. This was common customer service in the time I was a customer. I will never have service with AT&T again. Poor customer service reps, they say they will do things and don't follow through, they provide misinformation, many of their calls our outsourced out of the country which provides a more difficult customer experience, their direct tv equipment is antiquated, their internet was slow, and they are dishonest in their billing approach.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Worst company in the world. Your call will be answered and 1 minute 2 hours later 20 transfers later in 4 months. After I moved I'm still in the ringer with my bill. You are bleeding my bank accounts dry. You guys are ** crooked ** company. ** robbers. Liars. I set up an appointment to set up my internet 12 different times before someone showed up but yet my bill 3 days ago $223. 1000 gigabytes offered every month and I only use a hundred. Not raising any eyebrows how ** my service is but you continue to drain my bank account. #at&tthenewenron

Original review: March 25, 2019

Called to set up a new service and was told that my internet and cable will be installed today and turns out I was waiting all day long. (Keep in mind) Had to leave work to wait until they came and no one showed up between the hours they said they would come. I called, multiple numbers and they told me "oh no we have you set for another day"... Waste of my day and time and now I have to wait another week for my internet and cable. The worst customer service.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Horrible experience. They say they will credit something if you buy a product. You buy a product and then there’s no documentation that they ever promised a credit. Trying to pay off a device to complete contract is nearly impossible. I called, I added the app, I chatted, went online and no one is able to take my money to pay off a product. Definitely shady because if I pay it off I can cancel service. So they make it hard to take your money so they can keep charging the monthly service.

Original review: March 20, 2019

U-verse was great when I first got them. TV+Internet for $123/month at 50 Mbps and over 300 channels. After the promotional period my bill will go up to over $215. When I called I spoke to Sarah and Gina(both of whom you could tell where in India or some other middle eastern country). Spent 37:48 on the phone call only to find out they wouldn't do anything to help me with my service. Only that I should call back in when my promotion expires to see if I can get a better deal... seriously?!?! First off I couldn't understand a word they said and they almost cancelled my service because they weren't listening to a word I said. Absolute horror show with them. I will be leaving them as soon as I can get another provider out here.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Using U-Verse for two years. Twice the service has simply stopped functioning. Once for a month when it came back on its own and now for three months. The issue is not that they wouldn’t spend an hour on the phone preventing you from canceling as it is that they start threatening you with hundreds of dollars in charges for their faulty equipment and refusing to pick it up.

ATT demands they receive their equipment within 10 days at your inconvenience or they will start charging $150 for each piece of their faulty equipment. In my case once I informed them that I am not able to drive to a store to return their equipment and that they should use an installation tech or anyone to come pick up their faulty equipment they refuse and threaten its charges. They refuse to pick up and they refuse to schedule a common carrier to pick up their equipment while demanding I do that work for them.

In addition they refuse any refund of money for the many months I paid while having no service. Talking with a supervisor provided nothing but more threats of charges and a runaround for 2 hours on the phone. It was very difficult to get employee contact information from him and I was refused a reference number for the recorded conversation for an hour before getting it.

After requesting contact information for their legal department I received a phone number which referred me to another phone number which sent me to a recording. No call back from them as of yet and it’s a third party company which I assume is their collections ambulance chaser “lawyer” service. Guess what kind of service I will receive from them assuming they do eventually call back? My call to them was placed during business hours on a non holiday weekday. ATT has terrible customer service and will use low ethics third party companies it appears to enforce exorbitant charges for their faulty equipment which they refuse to pick up once you cancel. I do not recommend.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I have had the Uverse service bundled with my internet for the last 7 years. This year I have decided to cut the cable and just use internet and a high definition antenna for TV. After contacting customer service and disconnecting my Uverse portion of the bundle. I received a bill for $208. After contacting customer service it was explained to me that the amount is correct due to the fact that I have to pay for service for the month that I use the service. However I asked him, "Isn't it not true that we pay in a month in advance?" They said, "Yes that is correct." Because I do remember when I first connected to service I had to pay a month in advance. Now they're telling me I have to pay during the month that I used it. I think this was very deceiving.

I explained to them that I worked for AT&T as a technician for 15 years and the customer service rep. Told me "Well you should know how it works". I told her, "But that was not fair because how can I expect you to know how to build a cell tower." She did apologize but I found it very rude and she was very short with me. The service - it's not up to par and I think $50 a month for internet is outrageous so I will be shopping around.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

• Best for: Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs