1.54/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

3358 AT&T Uverse Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We are being charged for three lines for VVM (which never wanted anyway) that is supposed to be in “family plan” umbrella. So additional $45.00 a month for years. Also have multi phone insurance but are still be charged for insurance all lines. Forget trying to talk to foreign customer service. They’ll kick you up to a dimwit supervisor who will just tell you to change plans. At one point I actually got an email from someone who said it was wrong that we’re being charged additionally. Asked me to send copies of bills. I tried to but be careful... You can only respond once. Then you’re off in outer space. I have a few documents and seems impossible to attach anything to email them anyway. This is extremely frustrating.

Also, I’ve been looking at other carriers. I know this sounds bizarre but I received a text “reminding “ me that I have a contract with AT&T. It wasn’t a normal looking text from them. It was a picture with sort of a big X in the background. I wish I’d taken a screenshot photo. I mentioned it to my husband because it was really odd... And how do they know that anyway? I know it sounds paranoid, but I did complain to someone along my many complaints... And that text had vanished. Never do business with this company!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I switched to DirecTV on 12/30/18 and it was installed on 01/07/19 (first available date). The sales rep promised that I'd get the DirecTV rate for January. THEN, I was charged (and paid) the significantly higher Uverse rate because I didn't want service interruption and a potential reinstatement fee. When I called to get a refund for the erroneous charge, they told me they were going to spread my refund OVER 11 MONTHS. I want the full credit for the FULL amount I overpaid, all at once. The customer service rep was powerless, and had to send it up the chain for review, and they'd let me know the outcome in 5 to 7 business days.

Based on my current situation with AT&T holding my wireless phone account hostage (it's been locked for over 4 months since the end of 09/2018 due to a bug in their computer system that nobody knows how to correct), I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT I'LL GET MY FULL REFUND ALL AT ONCE, FOR THE OVERCHARGES I PAID UVERSE! I highly suggest that you choose an ethical company for TV and Wireless service.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I was on the phone with 4 overseas individual customer service rep. Said he could not help me due to not "HIS DEPT." Gave me 800# to call. Got hold of a customer service rep - informed that nothing she could do for me after 35 minutes on phone waiting for her computer to upload information on my account. After 35 minutes could not do anything... Asked for supervisor - transferred to Kimberly would have to discuss with her supervisor. Then transferred me to a loyalty specialist - Paul - would have to have a loyalty supervisor to make the decision... Transferred me to his supervisor - did not get his name. After going through the discussion with the 4 individuals - still nothing was settled. The 4th individual - was asking me the same questions, I hung up. Please have someone in the USA call me regarding my account ** - phone # ending in **.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Effective January 2019, ATT/Uverse has increased its fees (Georgia and nationwide). If its customer disagrees with this fee increase, the customer should be allowed to opt out of services without the threat of early termination/cancellation fees. It's for $7, but its customers should not be forced/required to accept an increase mid-contract without the option of declining the provider's services and the FTC should prevent this, even retroactively. I'm seeking legal counsel and remedies.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

So I left Mediacom because too expensive. Did away with cable and just had U-verse install internet only. $99 installation fee only to have the line above ground running my entire property line and into the neighbor's yard. They literally thought I was jacking somebody else's line. Lost internet last night... They say it looks like an outside line issue (duh) but cannot come out until late Saturday. Looks like this trial will be just that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have had DirecTV for many years with no problems they didn’t solve. AT&T takes over and they can’t solve a thing. In order to upgrade my equipment to 4K they want me to BUY their equipment for $350.00. Before AT&T took over it was free. Website is not user-friendly. They do not take care of their loyal customers at all. When you call you get a runaround.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Unfortunately, my homeowner association forces me to have AT&T as an internet service/TV provider. My connection fails weekly. Recently, I haven't had service for three weeks. It is very difficult to speak with a human being and when you finally get to do so, they are very rude over the phone and unhelpful. I was finally able to schedule a technician through the automated system, even though it kept sending me to the wrong department. The technician was supposed to be here at noon, but it is 5 pm and he has not showed up. I keep calling AT&T to obtain information of the status of my service call, but they keep lying to me. They say they are going to call me back and they hung up. Horrible service.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I never write reviews but the service I received last night terrible. I am writing this specifically for the corporation to look into the type of customer service reps they have in their office. I called to speak with a representative about taking care of the final balance on my account. I was on the phone for 2 hours and 35 minutes mostly waiting. I spoke with 6 different reps within this 2 hours and 35 minutes. No one could help me, but not only could they not help me the final rep, Oliver- ** and manager- Zachary **, that I spoke with made the situation much worse.

I canceled my internet and cable services at my previous house with DirecTV, the new place that I am with, I have U-verse. When in the process of canceling my services I received a new bill for 70 more than the original bill. When talking to that representative he told me that everything would be taken care of which it was not because I still owe that final bill plus that difference. I called because I wanted to take care of the bill but to see if there was anything that could be done about the difference since I was never notified that the package deal I was under was coming to an end. The representatives told me that I should have been aware that my 24 month package was ending on the date that it ended, and my notification that the package had ended was the new bill with the 70 dollar difference.

What really upset me is when the representative told me "well we are going to go ahead and send it to collections because there is nothing we can do on our end and maybe collections will be happy to adjust your account for you." I stated to your rep that I am calling them to make the payment. I just don't think that I should be charged the additional because I never received a notification to give me an option of what choice I would like to make with the services. The representative then tell me that "well it will be in collections in 2 hours so there's nothing we can do." I am not happy at all.

I've had AT&T for years, phone, cable and internet. I've paid ahead of time on each bill. And every time before I've received some type of notification that a lease agreement is ending and what my options are. I want you all to know that what you do for one you have to do for all, now it's crossing over to discrimination. And to be told after calling to, not dispute the charge itself, but the additional charge and be told your notice was the new bill with the new charge that you can't dispute after it's charged to you, is unacceptable. A multi billion dollar company and I'm on hold for over 2 hours, disrespected by 2 representatives, and my credit threaten over $70 Is unacceptable. The representative then transferred me over to the collections agency (which was closed). Terrible customer service.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

AT&T NEW EMAIL formatting-BIG MESS! Large desktop screen, still have to scroll left/right/up/down, and can only view 1/2 of email. No ability to OPEN and READ them either!!! Cogwheel & Contacts are hidden far right/page. Terrible design! Frustrating to use!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I switched to AT&T last September and upgraded the Internet in my bundled package. The Internet was slow and they were trying to fix the issue. It has only gotten worse - to the point where internet is intermittent and I have to constantly reconnect. The last technician said my neighbor and I are having the same issue because the line ends with us (everybody on this line is served before us - so ours is weaker?). The technicians’ equipment shows how often I get kicked off and how slow it is. So I figured AT&T should be crediting me since I pay $60.00 a month for their upgraded internet which doesn’t work.

I spoke with a rep a couple of nights ago who kept wanting to send a technician out and I explained that they are aware and have been working on it for months. I told him I just want a credit on my bill and that I was considering going back to Brighthouse (Spectrum). He put me on hold to talk to his supervisor and then told me that the issue with my Internet could not be fixed and they were not going to put a new pole in for me (I never asked for that). I asked “this means there is nothing they can do?” He said yes. So I asked if I should go back to Brighthouse. He said yes!!! Wow. So Spectrum will be here on Saturday.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I was using Cox earlier but I experienced a lot of fluctuation. One of my friends suggested switching to Uverse. Now after 6 months of usage I must say it has the best internet service. Also they helped me to reduce Billing from $234 to $154. Very friendly customer service too.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

This company has the most dishonest sales and customer service reps out there. They tell you one thing and when you look into the details of the contract, the price, data caps and terms are different than what you were just verbally quoted. When you try to speak to a manager, your call first goes offshore, the only way you can speak with someone you can understand is to say you want to cancel. That will get you in touch with someone in the US. But, that person will usually be very nice and say they will fix your issue and send you details of your conversation and never do so. Then you find out that they never did fix what they said they would.

Tried for 2 days to speak to a manager. Still waiting on a callback. Never received the callback as promised by the Loyalty rep. This is a sketchy organization and it is sad that the once great and powerful AT&T has become this organization. Do not do business with this company, like the mafia, once you're in, you can't get out. Terrible terrible company.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Well I read a lot of the reviews. The funny thing is all good reviews were before the first of 2019. I've been with them for years now but lately I can't even pull up a Facebook page. My service is so slow. Went to their troubleshooting. Was told to download a speed tester. I did. Funny thing is all the sudden my phone service got a little faster and stayed that way for 12 hours then went back to the norm. Just frustrated with internet speeds they produce. I think they are telling you one thing and giving you another. They say speeds provided you can watch a movie At above 480i. Yeah right. I can't watch a film at all.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I got AT&T U-verse Internet and turns out it is extremely slow. I called ATT and they said they can't do anything about it. So I decide to cancel it and switch to Charter when ATT claims that we have a contract and I have to pay $180 for cancellation. I told them that when I signed up there wasn't a contract and I didn't sign any papers. They refused to cancel the fee and the manager was moody and rude. He doesn't know anything and refused to transfer me to someone else who can help. They created a contract out of nowhere and trying to steal money when they have no signed papers or any proof of a contract. I do not recommend ATT to anyone at all. I am canceling all my services with them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My bill went up twice. Called to check when my promotions would end. When they told me when I called to see if I can get another promotion and they said yes and it would reflect on my next bill. My next bill was the same till the next month it went up double. When I called they said my promotion had ended. I informed them that's why I called before and they said I would be getting the same promotion for the next year. They didn't help me any because again I was told the next month it would reflect on my bill and now I'm being charged 3 times what I was paying. Spoke to a "manager" there and he told me the same crap and that it would reflect in 1 to 2 billing cycles but I wouldn't be credited the double and now triple payment that I have to pay. Not to mention I will be given a early cancellation fee if I leave before February 2020! I can't wait to leave and I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

My box wouldn't connect and I called customer service and set up a technician to come out on Friday 1/25 between 4-6 (5 days after I was supposed to have service). I got a text confirmation stating it was scheduled for Thursday 1/24 so I tried to cancel online and couldn't. I spoke to Sheldon ** who stated twice that he rescheduled my appt to Friday 1/25.

On Friday at 5:30 I chatted with Alisha who informed me there was no appt scheduled and then Walter who blamed my order being self install for no technician being sent. I waited on hold for 20 minutes for a supervisor, Sara, who then told me the same thing also essentially blaming me for the lack of appt even though I was told by 2 different people that a technician was scheduled to check the broken box I was sent for Friday 1/25. I opted to cancel. I was then put on hold for another 10 minutes while I was transferred to cancel. Awful experience. I won't be returning and I will be sharing my experience everywhere I can.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

The worst customer service ever. No one knows how to speak English. They can't explain why they keep cancelling your services. They like to take out extra money out your account for stuff you didn't ask for. Then they don't want to return your money back. No one in that company even supervisor knows how to send out a confirmation number via email. They like to hang up on people when you cancel your order or they hang up on you when you ask to speak to a supervisor. Don't ever do business with AT&T Uverse. They are so unprofessional. They like to change your installation day without any explanation or without getting a hold of you. They don't even deserve a half a star. Wish I could give them zero stars.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Given dial up internet when fiber optics was requested, took months and 5 technicians to hook up internet correctly in the meanwhile being charged for it, lied to by customer service that I could not be reimbursed for services never rendered. Every time I call I’m on hold and transferred to multiple departments and can count on at least two hours to get anything resolved, reps that can barely speak English, high pressure sales when calling for help. Set up with U-Verse when I asked for a standard landline, no dial tone once initiated, then asked to pay $50 upfront to correct the problem. No dial tone again after 1 week and then told my account showed no record of setting up phone services by one rep but then told I did have services by another and a technician would have to come out a second time. Never been so infuriated with a company in my life.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Ordered 3 weeks ago. Was lied about shipping, that took 10 days instead of 3. When I called they lied again. Said the next it'll arrive- it didn't until the 10 day. Then service was not on. Schedule a technician for 5 days later. On that day they kept text me that he will be late, and if I want to keep the app. This went on for 8.5 hours until they stopped texting me without cancelling or notification. They just didn't care. Called and rescheduled for 2 days later. Did anyone show up? Of course not. It was all a lie.

I called to see why no one showed up. They said because I had called numerous times a manager would help me. Great, I thought! Boy, was I naive and so wrong. The manager said he'll make sure to personally "update me" which he did to tell me wait for 5 more hours. I waited. No one showed up. He never called me back. It's been 3 weeks that I'm without internet and AT&T has trained people overseas to keep lying and never resolve anything. I've heard the term "evil corporations" but until now I didn't know what it meant. Never ever ever again will be their customer.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

My husband and I purchased our first home that should have been one of the happiest days of our lives but, it turned into a disaster transferring all services from old to new address. AT&T/DIRECTV is the first disaster that I’m giving a review for today. The first problem was the day that we agreed on for the transfer of service nobody showed up. Here’s why, they sent a representative to scam us into adding more services. A man who I thought was here to turn services on like he said but, he was there to convince me to trade in our phones from Sprint to AT&T and he’ll give us newer phones pay Sprint to end contract and, give the best monthly rates for two phone lines packages.

I was skeptical at first because AT&T has beat us before plus my daughter in her services with them. The rep made out a plan that was irresistible so I took the plunge. Let’s just cut this review short my first bill was $1000 dollars! My bill today is $600.00 plus dollars! They never paid for our cellphones that we traded in that were basically two years old and not in bad shape, not cracked, no problems at all! All that free phone talk to switch companies was a lie! I’ve tried to get help from calling them but, I get reps from other countries that can’t speak fluid English! I called Corporate they never returned my call! Stay far away from this Company that is are huge scammers!!! Thanks for letting share my story and vent!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. I had them for 8 years and they were good for about 3 then kept raising my bill when I signed a 2 year deal. They are very rude and the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. They told me to get service elsewhere. They did not care after 8 years and never been late. I would urge anyone to use anyone but ATT. Absolutely the worst cable and internet and phone company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have been calling customer service for 8 months, trying to get a cable line that is falling from the power line it's attached to, in front of my house repaired. My Internet speed has been sub par and suffer constant outages since this line started falling. I can't resolve the issue until the construction team repairs the line. I am stuck in limbo. No one will come fix the line, but they keep wasting my time sending technicians out who can't. I was just on hold earlier today for 17 minutes. The line disconnected for the second time this week, and no one called back once that happened as promised. The service is awful and I can't seem to navigate the company to get a solution. A child walking to school could potentially get hurt by the line once it completely falls and my driveway will be blocked. I'm at my end. I need help! Even once I cancel the service with them, that danger is still lurking.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Switched to AT&T fiber optic Internet service in October 2016. Installers were inept, this was relatively new to them. Took several days to run the line. Service was okay, until a neighbor had their service installed, resulting in disrupted service to us - twice! They were also very sloppy in running the line in the basement and burying the part outside the house. These cables were buried too shallow, just below the sod and in some places were exposed. I asked them why they bothered to have flags dropped in the yard to mark existing underground pipes and cables if they were going to do such a shallow (shoddy) job on burying the lines.

Added TV and two cell phones to bundle. TV was awful. There was too much delay from broadcast signal, so TV sports telecasts weren't exactly in real time. Storms often caused disruptions to satellite signals. Picture wasn't as clear as broadcast. Upgraded one TV to a 4K box, which I was assured would not change the duration of the contract. Don't believe them. They did extend out the contract for this. Understand that I wasn't adding a service, just upgrading a box. In addition, there was only one promotional channel with a 4K signal and the box quit working after a couple of months. To get a new box I would have to pay a service charge, I was told. Really, on a box I'm renting? Yep. I sent it back to them and canceled the 4K and left that TV without their service; I had to fight with them on the contract extension.

I added two cell phones to the bundle, having been out of contract with Verizon. One was on a promotion, which I thought was for bringing the phone from another service. The promotion required a 30-month contract, where they would reimburse the installment charge for the iPhone 7. After a period of time, I gave up on the TV and Internet. Just wasn't happy with the service, but gladly paid them a $150 early-termination fee to get out of those contracts. They then discontinued the promotion on the cell phone, even though that service continued. Yes, I still had to make the monthly payments for the cost of the iPhone, but they refused to reimburse for that. I didn't know the two were connected. I never received a copy of the contract. They had apparently sent it to a different e-mail address.

When I complained a customer service agent said she couldn't see where the two services were connected and assured me not to worry about the notice that informed me the monthly rebate for the cell phone cost would cease as a result of the cancellation of the other unrelated services. Well, I should have worried about it, because they did stop those rebates. It's all smoke and mirrors. Their business model is based on that kind of unfairness. Soon I will be done with AT&T for good, especially when I finally get back to even on the common stock I hold in that company, if that ever happens.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I called an agent and chose the $119.99 bundle as seen on TV. We needed one extra box for $10, which would be $129.99 plus taxes. It is now $159.19 because we have TWO extra boxes (we don`t). They also said they have no idea of any promotion for $119.99. This "promotion" is supposed to be good for a year but my next month's bill is projected at $170.00. I have no idea what is going on here. We NEVER signed a contract and anyone I`ve talked to say they have "no record" of the conversation. Wish I could find another option. They basically said what I heard was not available "at this time"... Make sure you get a contract with a real live person or they will screw you.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I moved from AT&T to Spectrum as my monthly bill went up by $100 plus as my 2 year fixed price contract ran out. Spectrum offered me a better deal start. I asked AT&T to match but they could care less and did nothing. I moved over to Spectrum on December 23, 2018 but AT&T kept billing me until Jan 11th 2019 because I had not notified them. Customer service associate was rude and inflexible. I am never going back to AT&T ever again. I have used AT&T over 20 plus years. They used to be good but no longer.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I had AT&T about 2 years. I had added WiFi and DirecTV shortly after having the phone. Then I was moving so I called, canceled and paid it off and sent back the stuff. Easy peasy. I recently moved to a home and was in the process of combing my bill with my boyfriend. Had problems so waited and I had been paying 115 a month. Paid my current bill for 120 and then am not getting charged for another account that is 97! So calling and they just now after a year deunified my account and have been overcharging me and I got hung up on during a call figuring this all out. I just want my money I have been overpaying and what I just paid back since I owe different! Horrible customer service and no communication!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I, had four other services before AT&T Uverse. Cox (the worst), Daniels (pretty good but acquired by some big one) and two others; all bad, expensive, NO customer service, all services bundled with things I don't want. Finally tried AT&T Uverse. Customer service: Excellent, I get through to a human quickly fast; Equipment repair, 24/7 (almost), quick, friendly, so, so fast. A new box in hours, good, nay excellent and friendly techs. Service; near perfect, good service packages, cheap, no pressure. Cable as it should be. I always recommend to friends.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

My bundle expired. I was in November. Received bill $228.00. Called customer service. Talked to John from Reno Nevada. I asked him for credit for that month but he did not accept it. I paid that month full price and changed package. Cut home phone, and changed cable to Uverse 200 and same internet. John from Reno told me my bill will be $130.00. Well December and January bill is coming with $228.00. ATT did not process my change package request. I am stressed out because they do not want to change cost. I called customer service. Stayed on line from 6:16pm to 7:25pm with Jamison from Las Vegas to have respond that they will call me in 24-48 hours because of issue occurrence.

I did not receive explanation for “ issue”. So cruelly told that time frame to receive call back is 24-48 hours. I told I am working Next day. I can not receive personal phone calls due to meetings but no mercy. He told me they will call back but after all lies I can not believe. They will say, "We called." I will be forced to file complaint to FCC if this is not solved ASAP. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Internet and phones went down. We have a medical compromise child and need our phone lines and it to be fixed. We made an Appointment for the next morning and no one ever showed up. We called on phone for 4 hours trying to escalate issue and every customer service rep gave us a different excuse to why they did not show up. But still would not send someone out the same day to fix the problem. It was one of the most horrible experience I have ever encountered. And they were so rude to top it off! We will stop our services and move on to another carrier. Horrible.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I got bombarded by a worker at Costco who told me I could switch my cable and internet provider to DirecTV/AT&T and save so much money. I signed up and verified that I would be able to cancel if my husband disagreed. We decided to cancel. I canceled both installations 5 days ahead of time. Well the internet people installer came to install anyway. They did not ring the bell, just proceeded to dig a hole in my yard and run 200 ft of cable all around my house. I finally saw them and went and told them I canceled the order. They left and would not remove the cable. I called three times and was told I had to remove myself at my own expense because I canceled. After this display of customer service I would never use AT&T. Total crooks.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

• Best for: Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs