Formerly named AT&T U-verse

3.8/5 (2777 ratings)

About AT&T Internet

AT&T Internet offers multiple plans, including a 1 Gbps plan suited for those who have multiple devices or use HD streaming services. Prices range from $45 to $80 for the first year of service, but prices increase after the 12-month introductory period. The company's gateway acts as a modem and provides Wi-Fi coverage, although those with large homes may need optional Wi-Fi extenders for whole-house coverage. If you’re interested in AT&T’s television services, read our review of AT&T TV.

AT&T Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I have the AT&T bundle with internet and Direct TV. The package was their minimum speed and channel selection offer. The internet does drop out especially when playing games. The TV is OK. When the weather is bad, the satellite coverage does drop out as expected, but occasionally the provided modem/router does require a reset. I have been considering getting a better router to improve the speed on my desktop. My iPad internet seems to be faster. When I had Spectrum, their base speed was better, but after a year their monthly rate skyrocketed.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

AT&T‘s fiber internet provides excellent and reliable speed (as long as your neighbor doesn’t accidentally mow over the fiber line before it’s buried, lol). Their service has not been affected by any kind of weather (storms, wind, rain, cold temperatures, etc.). We have several children that have been attending school remotely and have not overloaded the service yet. Another benefit of having AT&T internet is complimentary HBO Max—a fantastic perk that really adds value and entertainment to the mix.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

AT&T Internet, for the most part, is quite reliable and rarely gives any problems with connectivity or billing. They don't put pressure on subscribers or run ad blitzes. On the rare occasions when problems have occurred the repair techs were on site in a reasonable amount of time. AT&T's traditional land line phone service is also very dependable. I'll stay connected as long as the service is still offered.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I am satisfied with my Internet Provider as far as speed, accessibility. In order to keep it at the price, I am required to pay an additional fee for cable services. If I don't do the cable portion, it would cost me upwards of $75.00 per month. My current total is $62.00 and climbing. I started at $45.00.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I chose AT&T as an alternative to Cox Cable because I was not happy with the quality of my wifi reception for the price. This is the first time I've used AT&T and I really like them. The upload and download speeds are as promised. That was the main thing. I get way better service for $30 less! And their customer service so far has been excellent. But I haven't needed them much because I have no complaints!

Original review: July 19, 2021

My wifi went out Saturday and they came out Monday still not working. Wife works from home and missing 3 days of work. And she’s on phone 7:51 pm Monday and still can’t tell us when it’s going to be fixed. Their guy came out this morning and still nothing. Call them get hung up on 4 different times today.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I have no idea how good or bad the internet service is, because the install never took place. I was scheduled for U-Verse today between 9am to 11am. I received several text saying Tech was on its way. At 9:04 I received text saying unable to complete install call to reschedule. I immediately called AT&T and Rep said he would have to reschedule me and next avail date was xyz, I told him I did a schedule change to get this install. The Tech never knocked on my door. *MY 2 KIDS WERE IMPATIENTLY WAITING FOR THE INTERNET.* After doing my research the Tech went to the wrong house but never called to say, "HEY I'M HERE!!!!"

Had to just cancel order due to me just starting this job I could not ask again for schedule change!!!! They don't try to rectify anything. You are just another number, do what they say do at their time or nothing at all. Even if they knocked on wrong door they still won't rectify anything. Now we still don't have internet and at&t could care less. Guess we are too poor to even be thought of.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I guess this company does not need customers. I called Saturday July 10th, and gave my information to sign up for internet and they hung up. Never called back. So I tried again Sunday, July 11 but their office was closed to check my credit. It's only 820 so I guess they're only used to lower scores. The woman who gave her name as "Deborah" said she would call me back to finish setting up my account on Monday July 12th at noon. Well, it is now 345 pm and guess what?! Ya, SHE DID NOT CALL. No one called. So, I will NEVER bring my business to this place. They have ZERO integrity. If this is how they treat potential or new customers I hate to see how they treat existing customers. Uh, NO THANKS. I won't waste any more of my time on this subpar company. Oh and I'm posting this on my social media too.

Original review: July 7, 2021

So we had the U-verse internet 75 gig for about 4 months and went through three routers. The last time we called they sent out a tech and he said that it looked like a line was hit by lightning out front so they would set up a ticket to have it fixed. About two weeks later I called because no one had come and the ticket was closed and it was said resolved. So we decided to get another internet provider.

I was called by a guy from AT&T and he said that they would fix the line so they would be sending someone out. I told him we no longer had service and didn't need it fixed and that I didn't think my landlord or HOA would approve but he said other customers may be affected so they had to fix it. I said, "Okay if you have to then please make sure that the ground is level, the ground is seeded, and hay put on it so that our landlord or HOA wouldn't fine us." He said not a problem and someone would be out soon.

About two or three weeks later they started work. Another two or three weeks later they finally finished work. Went out to check and they left clumps and lumps, and dirt mounds. It was a mess. It was not seeded, and there was no hay on it. They also left some trash laying around and did not put the dirt up to our sprinkler or an access hatch.

I called customer service and spent an hour and a half speaking to about 11 people (guess the reps don't know what departments do what) and because we no longer have an active service they could not send someone out or do anything. Plus, every single person was hard to hear. So we will be contacting our landlord, possibly the HOA and maybe even AT&T corporate. We will have our landlord contact AT&T to get this resolved. I would not go with them if I didn't have to.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I feel cheated, as ATT claims to have the best 5G network, it sometimes says NO INTERNET, in the middle of the big city, PORTLAND, OREGON. That's a shame, and I'm very much going to some other carrier, also I bought a device/phone (November 2020) and $65 monthly plan from ATT, on the pretext as it will get unlocked after few months of service, but it failed too, so very disappointed.

AT&T Internet author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

AT&T Internet Company Information