AT&T Uverse
1.43/5
Based on 418 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

AT&T Uverse

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 21, 2018

2954 AT&T Uverse Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We have had a horrible experience with AT&T U-verse and DirecTV. The company promised a discounted rate if we switched to U-verse and combined our high speed internet and satellite service. The company never combined the services and we were overpaying for 9 months. Each month they promised that within 2 billing cycles the problem would be corrected and reflected on our charges. But it was never combined. They claimed that it was never done properly but that they were fixing the issue. To this day they never combined our services and we never got the discounted rate as promised and it's 10 months later! When we call they say the same thing that it will be reflected in the next billing cycle.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

When describing the service I received from AT&T the first thing that comes to my mind is they should be banned from selling their service. I was promised a certain amount of internet speed what I expected was less, but I was aghast to find out that with the top of the line internet bundle with a maximum speed of 50 Mbps ran at 5 Mbps. Occasionally as well it would stop working for days which I still was charged for. Then one month rolled around and my bill totaled over $400 dollars.

I refused to pay such a crazy amount and was immediately thrown into collection with an $848 bill for the service and their modem. They said that I could go to a UPS store here where I live and send them their modem back and get reimbursed over $400, however both UPS stores where I live could not do this. They told me I had to drive over 2 hours to a different store. I work every day so after 21 days that was no longer an option. I finally just paid today over $500 to get this debt of my credit. AT&T you have found the legal way to steal money from the general public. I hope whoever came up with this plan rots in hell.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We have 2 adjoining properties with 2 separate Uverse accounts plus multiple mobile phones. Before meeting Armon ** at the SW Freeway location a couple of days ago, I would have described my experience in dealing with the AT&T system as one of the most frustrating and unpleasant things I’ve ever done. I despised our dependence on AT&T. Our situation was complicated and trying to sort things out and make any changes was near impossible. Armon listened, understood, and worked through the issues, spending multiple hours with me, doing the homework, calling me back, doing more research, confirming costs with me again, and scheduling the work to be done. I have never experienced with AT&T such follow through and grasp of the process. And he cared. To say we are impressed is an understatement. He is remarkable and he deserves a gold star. Thank you Armon!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I have had AT&T Uverse for almost 10 years. The level of service deteriorates every year! We've endured internet that drops every few minutes. The parade of technicians averages 5 per year. The Wi-Fi signal for my neighbors remains stronger than ours. Currently television signal has been terrible last few months even with new modem culminating with 5 mins of TV to 10 mins of pixels or NO signal. I'm done. Cancelling service and sending equipment back.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

AT&T is terrible. I do not write reviews but I have had so many issues. I am done with this pathetic excuse for a company. 1) Customer service is terrible. I spent 3 weeks after Hurricane Irma without service. Yes, a hurricane, but why did every other provider still have service??? I called multiple times, got sent to the highest level, have the emails to prove it, and nothing. Pathetic. 2) Streaming service. Are you serious. I cannot stream any local network on my phone except NBC. I pay $160 per month and I can’t watch CBS, ABC or FOX on my phone?!?! Ridiculous!!! Get it together and let me stream local networks! Sad...

3) Recording a show. Every service asks if I want to add 30 minutes to a recorded show when I am watching a sporting event. U-verse? Nope. Want to see the last few minutes of your game? Better remember to click 5 buttons and then you might get that extra 30 minutes. If not, forget the rest of your game. It’s gone. Done. AT&T. You are terrible. Big is not better. Can’t wait to drop you for better service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

167 a Month for TV - Don’t believe in the promotions and discounts given. The plan will be $115 but they will tell you it is 165 but due to signing up, you get a $50 discount for 12 months. It bogus. If you want out, good luck! You have to pay fee if your contract is now up. However, this is very one sided as they can increase their prices whenever and however they please. When you call customer service, it will take up at least an hour of your day. The one and only time I received someone domestic on the phone on 1/17. He was Professional, courteous, and understanding. Truthfully I want to hire him. I feel bad that he has to work for such a dishonest company. When complaining calls are continuously disconnected without any follow up- no explanation for price increases. It’s truly unethical.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

A sales rep came to my door and offered a great price and gave me reasons why my service would improve. WRONG. I can no longer get my AT&T email through Outlook or on my Android phone. I lost service for both at the same time. I called India errrr I mean "Customer Service" and after two calls and an hour and a half, on the third call I demanded a Supervisor. She told me that the first line reps are only capable of basic troubleshooting and that I had to buy a service plan for $15.00 per month if they were going to help me any further. They only follow the script, they do not listen and are all trained to say "No Problem, we will get your problem handled". So needless to say it is 3 days later and still no resolution because it is not their problem.

At the same time their fiber optic cable is supposed to offer tremendous picture clarity on the television. All it offers me is a picture that freezes and tiles. When the salesperson ran a test, OHHH, the lines were great. I can't watch the Olympics without losing the picture and the screen freezing which is awesome during action sports. I called India again and went through the fundamental crap and answered the same questions over and over, and listened to their canned lines. I was assured after 45 minutes that the problem would not return; which was true for 2 minutes. Then it became worse. I called back and the next rep said they would have to send someone out to fix it. They could actually have someone come out in 3 days. I can barely watch television especially the Olympics and 3 days was the earliest. Figuring I had an Lemming that was not allowed to make any kind of decision, I called back and demanded a Supervisor.

She went through the customary apology, put me on hold to see what she could do and assured me that 3 days was the best after checking with several departments (I am calling BS). I told her I could have my old cable company reinstalled before they could come out to fix my problem and she asked if I could work with them this one time. I told her I just offered them the ability to make it right by coming out earlier than scheduled and she was stumped.

Reading the reviews on this site gives me little hope that either of these problems will be resolved and reinforces the thought that I made the wrong decision to leave Cox in spite of the fact that I am saving $110 a month. There had to be a reason why and now I know. I too was promised by the installing technician (which I tipped a $20) that I could call him if I had any issues. I should have known better, no return call after I left a message. AT&T is all Lip Service. Do not take anything they say as truth. They will tell you anything to get you in and leave you to drown once you are there.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Been a customer for 15 years and for the past 2 years been having nothing but problems. Every day I get signal lost so I have to troubleshoot and reboot. Had someone out last week. He replaced inside & outside lines and said to call him if any problems come up. Problems started that same night so I called him, no callback. Called his manager listed on the card a couple times no calls back. I have an appointment for tomorrow and it’ll be the same thing. When I talked to a tech on the phone he told me to do the speed test while the person was out and not to let them leave until the numbers are around what he told me.

They gave me a $70 credit. I told the person I want my service running, a credit isn’t going to help when my upgraded WiFi isn’t working. I’m using my hotspot on my cell for internet. It’s faster than what I upgraded to. They never call back & it’s terrible. I called Xfinity for backup and they’re offering something way better than what I pay for. AT&T doesn’t care about their customers at all. My neighbors have been having the same problems 5 + us and we said if this doesn’t work we’re all dropping them the same day. The whole block is sick & tired of AT&T techs coming out and not helping.

The picture happens everyday anywhere from 5-12 times a day. I decided to take pictures because ATT claimed they don’t see anything on their end but us troubleshooting. I told them if we’re troubleshooting there’s obviously a reason. The second person I spoke with said they see where we’ve had issues. What a joke. Bottom line AT&T doesn’t care about their customers, just getting payments for horrible service.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Every time my phone rings my internet goes down. I call for support and they come and fix it and try to charge 85 dollars for an technician to come to my home and fix it. Never in my life have I had such a bad experience with a company. They should be shut down.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

They don't ever tell you what's wrong with your poor service, when you call you are placed on extremely long holds just to be connected to another three more representatives that had NO CLUE what you talked about on your prior conversations!! It's horrible & they will not do anything to resolve the issues. Just a POOR ** COMPANY ALL AROUND! & they link your accounts together without your permission just to tell you when you call they have no idea why so now your call is getting redirected again! Don't you work for AT&T?! But have no clue about this service. Linked accounts are harder to be look up. I really hate. I left BUCKEYE BROADBAND for this BS SERVICE. NEVER Again & you can't leave. No stars. How lovely these people don't deserve not 1 damn star.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I decided to give AT&T a try because they offered a really great rate for cable and internet. So I dropped my existing provider and set up the installation appointment with AT&T. Over 3 weeks later now and we still have no internet and no cable. They claim they have been trying to drop some fiber line and have had difficulties. Several times we received text notices that the line was dropped and that a technician was coming out to complete the installation. We took work off each and every time and no one showed up. When we call customer service, they tell us the line is not dropped yet and they keep giving us the run around as to when it will be done.

We have missed work for bogus appointments they set up, we have overages charges on our cell phones because we've been using our hotspots to stay online, and we have no television for the last three weeks. We call and call and call but no one gives us a straight answer. They must be reading from the same play book because each rep gives us the same standard answers... "someone will be contacting you, someone will call when the line is ready, we're sorry for the inconvenience", etc., etc.

Today we tried to escalate to someone with some authority only to be transferred to a "Tech Support Manager" whose name was "Sean" who had no answers for us either. When we told him we wanted to talk to someone above him, he put us on hold and transferred us right back to the call center. What a ridiculous service center they have. What an awful preview of future customer service calls! How can AT&T promise a prospective customer services they don't have? They get us to come on board, we drop our other provider, and then they tell you they are not ready. That is a shady business practice. If you're thinking of switching... don't!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Have been with AT&T for years and their billing has never changes. You talk with a rep. and agree on a time frame of 6 to 12 months and you lock in the price for that time. I have ask them to email me a contract for the agreement and they tell me they don't give you a contract in writing. After receiving a monthly bill for the agreed amt for 3 or 4 months you get a bill with an increase on $30.00 to $40.00. WHEN you call AT&T to ask why the increase they tell you all kinds of reasons. They even told me it was a TAX INCREASE...WHICH when I said that was not true. They changed their story and said I only had a contract for 3 months. And it was over. After I threaten to cancel them they found a SPECIAL PRICE.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Customer Care is the most pathetic attempt of pretending to resolving any issues a customer may have. You the customer are always wrong and AT&T is always right, I made a payment with one of the associates over the phone and was given a confirmation number. I later received a shut off notice and called to verify the payment was made and gave the confirmation number I was given at the time of payment and it could not be found. So I was charged a $35 late fee when the payment was in fact made on time but somehow dropped by AT&T!

I spent one hour on the phone having been transferred to three separate departments to make a case with a confirmation number that somehow didn't exist and they refused to credit the $35. I've been with AT&T for eight years and can't wait to get out of my contract, hope it was worth the $35 AT&T. No record of confirmation number or payment made, charged me an extra $35. What a scam!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

My parents house burned down in the Northern California wildfires late last year. They lost everything and barely escaped with their lives. Turning off their various accounts, since the house was gone, wasn't a problem for every other provider except AT&T. In trying to close their AT&T account, AT&T insists on having them return the equipment. Even after telling various reps that the equipment no longer exists since the house burned down, they still want the equipment returned. Clearly, if the equipment existed, it would be returned but it's now ashes that have been hauled away by FEMA.

Every other provider has understood this was a very tragic situation for homeowners as thousands of houses and lives were lost in these fires. However, AT&T has shown it's a heartless corporate company without empathy. My elderly parents are now being harassed by AT&T for almost $400 since they can't return the equipment. Understand this was old equipment which was likely out of date since they've been customers for many years. Avoid AT&T if you can. Worst example of CUSTOMER NO SERVICE.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I would've left a 0 but you can't. I was a customer for 2 years (consecutively) and when I went to transfer my service everything went downhill. First, the internet only worked for one day after it was transferred. I called the tech to address the issue, it wasn't. Then I contacted them via Twitter, no response. Finally I got a response (after four days of no service) and they said they would get it fixed and give me an upgrade at a discounted price. Then the internet was fixed after another two days. I was finally getting service but the upgrade wasn't done. I contacted them again for the upgrade and they said that they can't give it to me. They transferred me to several departments and finally they said they could only offer a small upgrade. So now I have cancelled my account. It's not worth spending all the time trying to get crappy service to work.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Go to a different provider. The AT&T internet service is awful. I am referring to the signal. The actual thing you pay money for not customer service. Both Ethernet and WiFi. Check the records of my account. I have been in constant communication with the company tech support. I have had a terrible connection since Dec. 2017 and NO ONE from AT&T can help. Not over the phone or 2 home visits. This is unacceptable and disappointing. 1 ⭐ rating. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Free HBO with plus acct. The message below is what I get, even after talking to ATT for hours. Not all at once but 1 hour today, 2 hours yesterday, 2 hours another day. It just never ends. "Oh no! It looks like that mobile number isn’t eligible for our limited time offers. (Error code: 43407) Upgrade now and qualify for EXCLUSIVE SAVINGS." Have wasted hours online with chat and still no service. They have verified acct is eligible but can't stop lying to me about the fix.

I've been told (You can't connect for first 2 months.) (Your IMEI is wrong and the correction will take 24 hours.) (Your IMEI was entered wrong. For change to take effect wait 2 days and try again.) (It's not ATT. It's HBO server and the problem will be corrected in 2 days, to be exact Feb. 3rd at midnight.) (The problem is not ATT it's the HBO GO app; ATT don't have anything to do with the problem you are having, so the chat supervisor comes on and asks for my number so they can put me in touch with HBO tech. Lady calls me and says, "Sorry for trouble. We care and I'll be transferring you to HBO tech now; (wrong) she connects me to ATT call center that's closed). Hows that for service, I only stay because ATT service is the best in my area, but if any other provider comes near me with decent service I'm gone. I can't imagine too many people having the problems I'm having, after reading this I can't help but wonder if ATT thinks they're too big to fail.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I had a bundle with DirecTV and AT&T for T.V. and internet. I had TV service the first month I had service. After that the leaves grew back on my trees and I had no signal. I paid for DirecTV for 8 months without having any service. In that time I had 3 different techs come out and tell me that there is nowhere that they can move my dish to have signal and that I will need to cancel my service. I already knew this but every time I called to cancel the people said we will send a tech out see if they can move the dish. First they tried to charge me every time to have someone come out. Second no one wanted to cancel my service. No one offered to take the money I have paid off which I did not think they would. I finally got someone to cancel my service. They told me the first bill that I get will have a disconnect fee but that it will fall off and not to worry about it. That was October 2017.

Since then it has been on my bill every month $260. I have called every month. Been on the phone for at least an hour every month since October. Been transferred each time at least 5 times. Every time the last person I talk to says "this will be taken care of and your service will not be interrupted". Well last night I got home and had no internet. I called this morning to AT&T again. I was on the phone for 50 min and transferred 7 times. 7 freaking times. Everyone kept saying they could not help me. They all saw all the notes that I had called before. They saw where it said this should not have been billed to me and no one could help me. I kept asking to talk to a manager. No one would connect me with a manager.

I finally talked to a woman that said that she will credit my account and turn my service back on. No apology. No nothing. This is the worst service and I will be finding a new internet service and never ever go back to AT&T for anything. I will be writing a letter to them and I will also be sending e-mails to everyone I can find at AT&T. I am sure it will not matter because they are such a big corporation they really do not care about their customer service. They only care about that $. This is horrible and makes me sick.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I moved from my house on Nov 24th. DirecTV came out to my new apartment and was unable to install due to a tree blocking the signal. I called into the office, explained what happened. I was told DTV would be canceled that day Nov 25th with no broken contract fee because it was out of my hands. I scheduled Uverse to come and install on the Nov 28th. They came, did the job. My new bill comes out with a grand total of $573.64, breakdown Uverse charges 41.61 from 11/28 to 12/10, 12/10 to 1/10 95.00 fees and one time charges 167.98 Internet 40.00. Directv charges 11/10 to 12/09 129.62. Directv charges 11/10 to 11/29 (breakdown: Credit of -93.52 Charges of 194.72 = 101.20). This includes a broken contract fee of 170. I have called since 12/16 asking for credit. I was transferred to 7 different people and 2 managers. I was told credit was done. I start getting collection calls. I call back on 1/10, speak to 5 more people. Told credit is done.

1/19 my service is turned off. I call, talk to 5 more people. They turn it back on, tell me credit is done, it will be 7 days to post. 1/24 service is off again. I'm on the phone now for 4 hours, transferred back and forth from DTV to Uverse always blaming the other. Talked to 10 different people, 1 manager and was told and I quote "pay the past due amount or you get no service." ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

The balance due was $230.82 the double charge from DTV and a cancellation fee, now I can add but doesn't this seem like fraud to you? I have called these people and used 12 logged cellphone hours trying to get this right and now I have paid money for charges I did not owe for services I did not have, so they stole $230.82 along with 12 hours of my life fighting with them on the phone. All I can say is DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. THEY LIE AND STEAL!!! I have reported them to BBB and I will be filling suit for my money back and getting some other cable and internet service.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

A sales rep came to our home last week 1-17-2018 to sign us up for DirecTV and AT&T Bundle. I select today's date 1-25 to get the installation taken care of. DirecTV came as scheduled. They unplugged our old service including internet and home phone. We waited for the installer for internet and home phone. They sent a text that they were running behind and wondered if we wanted to reschedule. We said, NO! We have been waiting ALL DAY FOR THIS. Mind you...the schedule was empty when we made the appointment. Still NO SHOW! I called in and they said... "Oh, we can get you in for Feb 1st." Really **? You've wasted my entire day, cancelled my old service, AND I DONT HAVE INTERNET OR PHONE SERVICE FOR MY JOB!!! I'M TERMINATING this!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Please please please if you are reading this stay away from AT&T. They lied to me several times, I had Internet service for about a year, I was told I was going to get a free tablet and a $50 gift card upon signing with them. When I called to claim my offer I spoke to a supervisor after been transferred 7 times, I was told my service doesn't qualify for that incentive, also they ran my credit, hard inquiry without my consent, they never mentioned anything about it in the disclose, I called back and I requested to listen to the call, they said it was to far back and they can't if is over 60 days, just lying to me like an idiot.

I wish I could sue them, this business has poor integrity and values. I called to cancel my service even though I had no contract and they wanted to charge me a cancellation fee, also not stated in the disclosure, the sales rep told me I could cancel at any time, I can say at least from me they won't get any penny more. Nasty business practices and push people away.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I was sick of dealing with Time Warner (Spectrum), so I tried to change to AT&T. I already had DirecTV service. They refused to sell me a new 3 way package for $85 per month because I was already a customer. DirecTV costs me $141 per month, and Spectrum costs me $125. This illicit behavior is deplorable. I refuse to be cheated by two industry giants, so I quit both of them. What's happening to America?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

To Whom It May Concern: Before I got back from a 9 months' deployment, I chatted with an AT&T representative to activate my account that was suspended for military deployment reason. I came back on November 29, 2017 and did not get any service and could not make the calls I needed the make once arrived back in the States. I decided to check it out at the AT&T office on Tiny Town Road, Clarksville, Tennessee. At the store I was told my account was cancelled but after few calls they were able to restore my line but the wanted to make me pay a fee for changing my plan. I protested and they promised to credit my account with the change of plan fee. (They did credit my account with $ 46.68.)

Now I asked about the price for 3 lines on unlimited plan and I also asked if they provide internet service in my area. After checking in their computer, I was told that they have service in my area, and they offered me a bundle deal where if I have DirecTV along with the internet (Uverse) I will be paying less. I precisely explained that for the past years I was never into a cable. All I need is an internet. But after reviewing everything they presented me I accepted the offer to bundle up (Uverse + DirecTV).

The sales lady told me the technician will be at my residence and install the internet and DirecTV on December 1, 2017. The internet account # ** and order ID ** and the DirecTV account # ** and order ID ** were set up on the same day promising me the installation will be on the 1st for both service and I will be billed for both since it’s a bundle. On December 1, 2017, some technician came and set up only the DirecTV and they said the internet guys will be coming to do their part. Later the day we called the AT&T store to let them know only DirecTV showed up and they called us back and said there was a technical issue and the technician will be there on December 3, 2017.

On December 3, 2017, no one showed up and no call to let me know what the issue was at this time. When I called back, I was given the same technical issue about the fiber line not available and all kind of story. And I was told on December 6, 2017, I will have the internet. On December 6, 2017, no one showed up and no one called to let me know the situation. Now this has become frustrating and I told the store if they cannot honor their end of the deal, I don’t want their service anymore. So they told me they will go ahead and cancel the service which they did not do. I called the customer service to cancel the service but they keep tossing me between offices and I could achieve anything that day. They frustrated me on the phone for long time by playing “We cannot understand the account number you are giving” and I have to hang up.

On December 11, 2017, I went back to the store on Tiny Town Rd again and I told them I didn’t have both service as for that day and I don’t want their service anymore and they can order for the return of their DIRECTV equipments. The recovery kit was sent on December 13, 2017 but I did not receive it as of December 21, 2017. I was billed for the installation which I paid an amount of $ 81.19 on December 19, 2017.

December 21, 2017 I received a bill of $ 502.67. I do not owe AT&T nor DIRECTV that amount. You cannot bill a consumer for canceling his or her service because you cannot honor your deal and have disregard in customer service courtesy. I have paid what I believed I owe you. AT&T DIRECTV is not authorized to debit my account for any reason so forth. I sent my concern to their Facebook and the dude that supposed to refer me to their manager was trying to sell me another deal and when I declined he said he cannot help me. December 22, 2017 about 1130, I call a certain Christine ID # ** on 800.531.5000 and she can’t locate the return box that was sent to me on December 13, 2017. Inquiry or confirmation # ** was the only thing she asked me to hold on to till the box arrives in 4 to 4 more day.

On December 28, 2017, I called Larry ID ** about 1945 and inquired about the return box for their equipment. He talked to me till 2015 just trying to sell me another deal, when I declined and asked about the “mystery box” he finally said there is no box and I can take the equipment to UPS or FedEx. All this long ATT DirecTV could not tell me to just take the equipment to one of these courier but delaying so they can send another bill for not sending their equipment on time. This is a scam this company is running for years. I have returned their equipment through UPS and have the receipt.

Since then no one trying to reach out to me to ask about my concern and they are sending me a bill of early termination in the tune of $421.48. It’s not always about money. It’s about customer satisfaction and if you asked me, I will tell you I am not satisfied at all with the service rendered to. Mind you I have been with ATT for sometimes and specially to come back from deployment to deal with all this stress with ATT and DirecTV is nerve-wracking.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I have internet only which is $51/month. I had a restoration fee one month of $35. That's right $35!!! Now it doesn't take a genius to calculate what percentage of $51 is $35 so I did the math...70%! It took me 50 minutes to get someone to tell me what I already knew with no resolution. I'm done.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Please. Don't go to AT&T internet service. This is worst service that I had. I am without internet per 2 days. When you call consumer services they only know to say: "We apologize. I'm so sorry." They are unprepared to solve problems. I paid $ 135,00 in cancelation fee, very happy, to get rid of it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I am sad to say that after years of being an AT&T customer, I am fed up. I have DirecTV, and AT&T internet/WiFi. I have called and complained about the slow internet, the constant in and out of service, as well as loss of service periodically to no avail, they say I have the best that is offered, yeah right! I cannot stream movies off their DirecTV service. After paying them for service not provided since I’ve Had this it is time to go. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. I am now going to try cable.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I am a current customer of AT&T. I am not getting the speed or the service I am paying for. I pay $768 a yr for high-speed internet, however, the speed is slow and I lose connection daily. I called over a yr ago and they were going to send someone to fix it but they never came then tried to charge me for a visit when I called back. I have been without internet for days now, they sent a new modem but I still have no internet. I have tried to reach someone and had to speak to 5 people today trying to get someone to help me in English.

They refused to give me a person in the US and AT&T has no email or phone number to get to someone to report my issues. I pay $64 a month for internet and AT&T doesn't have a way for me to get customer support. When I call I get another country. They ask the same questions over and over and I don't understand what they are saying. I want my money back for lack of service and I want something done to hold AT&T responsible! Our government has given them too much power so they get by with stealing from people like me.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I started a new contract August of 2017, taped the conversation just so I would not forget. Cost of service started rising after the second month, had to call to get AT&T customer service to lower my bill. They had a different excuse every time. Next to last call the rep said the discount he put in would go until my contract ended. NOT, next month had to call again. Got a kind of rude rep that did not care (probably did not even look at the earlier conversations about my account). Ended up dropping two services. When my contract is up (even though AT&T broke it, they obviously do not know the definition of a contract) I plan to dump them.

They are arrogant at times (there are some good reps but they do not tell you the whole story), I will go for the streaming services just listen to the news etc. on the radio. It is time they were broken down just like South Central Bell was years ago. Overall rating... programming 2 stars (you pay to get the same channels one in regular TV one in HD)... customer service 2 stars... pricing for what you get, 1 star and thetas stretching it. Reception 4 stars. It is good. In the end though, television should not cost per year what you pay for what you get with AT&T U-verse.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I have AT&T Uverse with internet account about over a year. The internet connection is horrible. Every couple of months it slows down to the point it takes about 5 min to download a webpage. You have to sit and stare at the screen. VERY VERY VERY frustrating!!! I've scheduled an appointment for technician to come and fix the issue. Between hours of 4pm till 8pm NO ONE CAME or call. It's not professional and bad service. No respect for my time. Or fixing the issue. It's like you are at their mercy if they show up or not! I would like to cut off the service but I have a contract so, I would have to pay penalty. I feel I'm hostage to AT&T. Bad service, disrespectful to my time. As I made a commitment to be a customer, they also made a commitment to give me a good service.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

3 for 3 time is have set up early morning (8 or 9 am) product installations with AT&T, and as of yet, they never have been less than 2 hours late. Once, they 'lost' my installation records and they advised me that they are not able to get it done for another 2 weeks!!! I had let them know better than two weeks ahead of time that on a specific date we will need internet. They had two weeks to plan this. We work out of the house, so being without internet for that long was, and is, unacceptable. If it was their mistake, and I believe that they should have fixed it that day or at least the following day. I ended up that same day calling Comcast, and they were able to install service the next day. AT&T said 2 weeks. Obviously, we went with Comcast.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

• Best for: Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.att.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use