2.02/5
Based on 502 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

3175 AT&T Uverse Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

I called 3 times to find out if I have international calling. I recorded them and all said yes. I get the bill and I am charged for international calling to Canada. ATT are liars!!! Scammers, my bill is always changing every month! Needed a new router 2 times in 1 year. Hate them!!! I had a problem with internet, I needed broadband, but I have unlimited broadband...what scammers.

Original review: June 19, 2018

On 2-27-18 a young couple, Deion and Amanda who had recently relocated from the South came to pitch me on switching to AT&T for internet and phone as I already had DirecTV. I was offered a $100 Visa card to switch, and his personal guarantee that he would be my personal rep to make up for the bad reputation they had for customer service. I have never received the Visa. After a minimum of speaking to over 10 people and hours on the phone, I contacted Deion and Amanda. After a serious conversation with Deion after lying about taking care of me, and I told him I never received my Visa, they both refused to answer my calls or get me help.

Deion had suggested during our first encounter that I call the loyalty dept for DirecTV to see if they would offer me a new customer discount since I bundled all 3. I called prior to my 1st bill and not only was the 69.99 discount not applied, my bills was $584.45! They tried to bill me for equipment I never received, hook up fees that were waived, no discount applied to DirecTV and the list goes on. 2nd bill after spending countless hours talking to people (which by the way, are outsourced to Malaysia, so not only do they not support our people here, they are saving a ton of money by outsourcing), I was billed 475.39! Again, none of the discounts were applied... countless more hours on the phone, etc.

On 4-20-18, I spoke to Shanika and was told my discount I should have received on the 1st bill, would be applied on 4-20.18. Ten reps later, I was given a $100 credit for the Visa I never received and I fought to get a credit for the over charge on DirecTV. At that time, I was granted an additional $10 off my DirecTV bill for dealing with all the trouble, their lack of customer service and qualified employees to solve issues. Got my new bill today, my DirecTV is now $97.52 so I called again. I am actually on hold now and have been on the phone, mostly on hold for 1 hour and still no one has come to help from the loyalty dept.

I was warned about customer service before I switched, but I trusted Deion when he said they had made big changes... BS! I have been in customer service for 50 years and I have to say, they have the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. I will be breaking my contract just to deal with a reputable company, I just want my bill corrected! Stephanie from the loyalty dept in Arizona has now escalated my issue for the back office and I have to wait 7-10 days to get a response! She saw all the notes of the discounts I was given, including the DirecTV going down to $59.99 but couldn't get any immediate help, even thought it is right there in the notes! This is totally unacceptable!

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2018

The absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced. When trying to cancel my account I was sent to 4 different departments asking me for my account info and how they could help. After 1 hour I was sent to a 5th representative that ended up being an automated system asking for the same information I provided 5 other times. AT&T makes it simple and easy to sign up but you will receive endless bills in the mail even after canceling. Each representative gave me a different answer and my bill continues to increase even after canceling 6 months ago. YOU WILL REGRET USING AT&T WHEN THEIR ILLEGAL BILLING PRACTICES SHOW UP ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT. If you have AT&T good luck, if you're thinking about it please don't!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was with them for 10 years and I never had a good experience with their phone support. Most recently I wasted over three hours on the phone trying to get my hardware upgraded, and stayed home from work for their technician on three different days. A technician never came to my house and each time I called there were different issues.

I finally had enough, and canceled to move to Dish network. When canceling, they told me they wanted my hardware back and I needed to waste over an hour of time taking it to the UPS store. I asked them to come and get it as it was not worth my time. They then threatened me with over $600 of charges and said that should make it worth my time. What a horrible way to treat your customers. Please do not use AT&T.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I will no longer be a customer for AT&T following today's experience. We decided to make a switch to Uverse and signed up for services to be installed today. My wife and I work from home and need internet service. I received email confirmation and moved forward with setting my cancel date for the other service today. This install was set for 11am - 1pm.

Once 1:30pm rolled around I called and the automated service confirmed my pickup time. I then asked for an operator. The operator informed me that they made a mistake on the back-end and moved the order to the 25th. When I asked them to fix it they informed me they could only move it up to the 19th. Despite talking to multiple people, nothing was changed.

This is absolutely unacceptable. I am now without services for multiple work days and the weekend with no resolution. Nothing was offered to rectify the situation and I was told over and over again there is nothing to do. I know for a fact this is not true. With the resources available, it is ridiculous you cannot get a technician out here today or tomorrow at the latest. You can be assured I will no longer be a customer with AT&T in the future and will make sure to relay this story to as many individuals as I can.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: June 10, 2018

I've had AT&T for over 90 days. Signed up for Uverse. Found out it wasn't available at the time, paid bill twice in one month, and still don't have what was promised. Bills paid in full and no service! Keep getting hung up on and the runaround!!! I'm sitting here with my family with my bill paid in full and no service!!!

Original review: June 10, 2018

I used Brighthouse Cable in my home for years until they started to remove channels I actually watched. I switched to AT&T Uverse approx. three years ago and although the internet and telephone hasn't been a huge problem the TV reception couldn't be ANY WORSE. I often go weeks without watching television at all and pay for premium channels HBO & Showtime because a couple of time each month they show live boxing. Tonight was a night I had planned to watch Showtime boxing, and as ALWAYS the picture is either pixelated or frozen every two seconds or, as I'm typing now it's blacked out entirely with only the audio remaining.

I've had repairman out numerous times only to have the same issues immediately after they leave. Trust me it takes service as pathetic as this to prompt me to take to writing such a negative review (I can't remember the last time I felt the urge to). I am anxiously looking forward to ending my relationship with AT&T and choosing any other provider on a coin flip. This company has ruined my evenings for the last time, I'd sooner go back to a 13" black and white TV with "Rabbit Ears" to control the picture. Rant over!

Original review: June 5, 2018

AT&T provides probably the slowest and most unreliable internet I have ever used. I used them for a year and was paying $55/month for 55 Mbps. I never even got close to 55 Mbps. I usually was at a download speed of 10-13 Mbps. After that year, they actually wanted to charge me more for their terrible service. I immediately cancelled AT&T for Mediacom (Spectrum).

I needed fast WiFi as I do not have cable or satellite TV, so all of my television was coming from streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. It was very rare for me to get HD on whatever I was watching. I also do a lot of gaming. I had my PlayStation 4 and gaming PC hooked up by ethernet so I could make sure I was getting an uninterrupted connection. Yes, that gave me faster speeds, but it was only around 2-5 Mbps faster. I lagged out of so many games and I couldn't even connect to games more times than I could count.

Spectrum provides 400 Mbps download speeds for a small amount higher than AT&T. AT&T charges so much money and the highest speed and can purchase is 55 Mbps. With Spectrum, I now average 380 Mbps download speeds. AT&T is a joke as an internet provider. If you are truly wanting good internet, my suggestion is Spectrum. If you don't want them, go with literally ANYONE else. Just never use AT&T.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I have been an AT&T Uverse customer for several years. I was receiving decent internet service from them until I moved into my new house about 2 months ago. My new house is only a mile away from my old house, and I might as well not have internet service at all. The response time is awful. My kids can't play any of their games. I tried calling customer service several times, and they told me that there is nothing they can do to improve my service. You would think that being one of the largest communications company in the world, that AT&T could provide good internet service. I will be cancelling my service, and will be going to another provider.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I can't stand writing a bad review but this is just too much. When I called to order Uverse, I had a great experience with the sales guy. He was very nice and explained things very well. I asked about specific channels and was told that they would be included in my service. I was also promised all of the premium movie channels for 90 days for free as a promotion, thereafter needing to pay for them. No worries, right? Easy to cancel if needed.

The day of the installation came and went very well. Our house was prewired for AT&T, which made installation a breeze. I have no complaints about Internet or the quality of the TV signal... so far. My complaint centers solely around the quality of AT&T's sales and customer support, which are bismal. 1. I did not receive the specific channel I confirmed would be included several times with the original sales guy. 2. None of the premium movie channels were included. So, after installation (on a Saturday), I called to find out what happened with my order. I called the AT&T Uverse customer support # and after being transferred about 3-4 times, the last person I was talking to then told me that I had to call the sales team and that they were not open on the weekend. Um, okay. That's a new one.

I then called today (Monday) and after being on the phone with someone (not too bright) for 30 minutes, she disconnected the call. Note, I had not grown impatient and was not upset in any way, was very cordial and just wanted to know how these issues could be resolved. So, I called them right back and spent an hour on the phone with them. In short, they had to add the channel that I specifically asked for (charging me, of course) and then they told me that after an order is installed, they cannot add a promotion unless it's a new order.

Wait, what? This is a new order and I was not given what they told me I would be given, and their reason is that my new order (two days old) is no longer a new order? Huh? So, now they're checking to see what happened and that they would have an answer for me, not a resolution but only an answer, in up to 72 hours. Wow. Just wow. Needless to say, I am not impressed. Just deliver on what was promised, AT&T. Is that too much to ask for?

Original review: May 31, 2018

After accepting the service offer for U-verse phone and internet package, they confirmed FIVE (5) installation appoints and have missed each appointment WITHOUT CALLING OR EMAILING TO CANCEL saying they have equipment issues. Then they reschedule saying the issues have been fixed then again, not show up for the installation. So, I have waited at my home 3 times for the appointments and after they did not show up or cancel, you call to find out there was some "issue". Worst ever! How could you ever trust a company like this? I would find any other company to go with! AT&T does not deserve to be in business!!

Original review: May 27, 2018

I bought an iPhone with the insurance about less than a year ago. I broke my phone so I called them to send a replacement phone using my insurance. I paid a discounted price since I had the insurance, however, they kept sending me "refurbished" phones. If you call it "refurbished" make sure it is actually working! Seems like they just clean it up, but they didn't thoroughly check if it was functional. They sent me an iphone piece of junk that didn't even work properly so I called again to have it replaced. They sent yet another piece of junk that malfunctions/glitches every few minutes.

I called them frustrated because this is the 2nd time. So this time they threatened to cancel my insurance, but they're the ones who unethically sent crappy phones that don't even function properly! What's the point of having an insurance if their going to send dysfunctional phones and blame you for it, despite I calling them as soon as I finish setting it up and realizing that the touch screen doesn't respond properly, incoming calls are missed because my phone doesn't even ring, let alone receive any calls, my calls do not dial out, texts are delayed, data pages glitches as well as everything else on the phone. You guys are frauds.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I am a senior citizen living on a retirement income. At the suggestion of the Uverse customer service rep, I agreed to have them change my billing cycle so that it would align with my retirement income deposit. However, I was not told that in doing so that there would be a pro-rated charge added to my bill, so that after the cycle had changed my bill went from $256 to $545. I difference astounded me and I inquired as to the reasons for the drastic change and it was at that time that they informed me of the pro-rated charges that were added. I informed them that it was not possible to pay that amount at one time and a so called payment arrangement was made.

However three months into this arrangement They suspended my services despite the fact that I was upholding my end of the agreement. Upon reestablishing my service and another agreement was made that I would pay a certain amount over my original bill until such time as I was caught up and since they supposedly record conversations, so did I. The agreement was honored for three months and then they again suspended my service. The carrier is notorious for reigning and not upholding agreements and since they think they have a monopoly in phone services think they can do whatever they wish. Something definitely needs to be done to force them to live up to their agreements and not change terms at their discretion blaming it on their automated system.

I have since changed phone/internet/ mobile providers but I think the public should be made aware that this company is totally unreliable and outright liars. In addition, I am pursuing this matter legally because they have clearly breached all forms of contractual/verbal agreements and think they are immune to any sort of recourse. Therefore, I strongly advise you that when dealing with Uverse that you ask detailed questions so that you will not be lied to as I was.

Original review: May 23, 2018

We paid our monthly bill as scheduled and on time. Our last statement does not reflect the payment and a late charge was added to boot. Our bank shows that the bill was paid and stamped with 'U-Verse' on the back of the check. We've been getting the runaround with them (U-Verse) insisting that we still owe them. As soon as our contract is up, we're done with that company.

Original review: May 21, 2018

They have right now representative in Walmart stores trying to convince people to get this service cable internet and phone or any of those and they ask for your driver license. They said is only to fill out something and not any engage at all. You can call them when you ready. Well just discover today that they do a credit inquire without my authorization. I get really angry because I'm not supposed to do a credit inquire until 6 month and of my score decrease they never told you and they never ask you and they open an account with AT&T without permission. That's what customer service told me today. When I call they only said sorry so if you to Walmart and they ask for your driver license please don't do that and let me tell you they ask several time until they convince.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Scammers. Beware, I have been with AT&T almost 3 years and they still don't notify me when charging me more. Every single year my bill gets higher and higher? I only have internet, it seems as though I am being forced to use their other services. I do not need their other services. This is a ripoff and I advice you to shop around before using them!

Original review: May 21, 2018

We have not had cable, WiFi nor home phone (yes, I still have one) services since Wednesday, May 16, 2018. I Called AT&T Uverse to troubleshoot the issue, was told a technician will be scheduled for Friday, May 18, 2018 between 4-8 pm. Well they were a No show. No call, so I called them to only be told the issue is with the main line and a Technician can’t do anything at this time. Really. You couldn’t call to tell me that. Well it gets better, rescheduled for Sunday, May 20, 2018 from 8-10 am. Called them this Sunday morning at 7:17 am to confirm, AT&T says, "Oh your appt. is from 10 am -12 pm." Oh no, it was scheduled for 8-10 am.

The reps stated an AT&T, technician would call me within 20 minutes after our call. Well it’s 12:13 in the afternoon, still waiting on that call. So, I called AT&T to only be told the technician for my area called off work today - REALLY. Who was going to call and tell me?? We had been pondering on cancelling AT&T Uverse service anyhow. This confirms. Talk about POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I cancelled my Uverse account in October 2017. I continued to get a bill from them for the service and my husband didn't realize it was cancelled so he continued to pay it every month as a good consumer. After realizing we did not have the service I contacted them. I was given the runaround for days speaking to various representatives. Finally 2 months after my initial contact they determined that they owed me $755 for charges I paid but didn't receive the service. My only charge now was for the internet which is $30 per month. I asked for a refund of the amount sent to me since that is an extremely large credit that I'm owed and would take years to credit to my account at $30 per month.

I was advised that they don't send refunds and I would have to use my credit. When I told them I just want to cancel the internet service altogether and get a credit they told me that the credit would remain on my account. The money sent them is not owed to them and should be refunded to me. I'm appalled that they would refuse to refund my money and basically obligating me to stay with them for 2 years to use up the credit. That is my money and not theirs. I am a good consumer and always pay my bills on time. The continued billing for the service I didn't receive is their error and should be corrected and refunded.

Original review: May 13, 2018

At&t along with Directv is the worst provider I've ever had. Internet always out and cable goes out several times a day. It's horrible. Once this contract is up, I will not have cable again.

Original review: May 13, 2018

The product is good but nothing else is. Their online customer service is of no help. Neither is their in home agent. I had an issue with billing, I was not receiving what we agreed to, and the in home agent that we dealt with would not return my calls or texts.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I was with AT&T for a number of years, I left because I had a better program through T-Mobile. I heard from friends that T-Mobile was better and I’m happy there.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I am not happy with the service or product. We lose picture when it rains hard. Internet is not fast enough. They keep raising my rates unless I complain.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Did not honor the gift card incentive offered as a new customer. Constantly had my service going out because of refurbished boxes. Had fiber and it was worst (way slower) than my coaxial installation.

Original review: May 13, 2018

This company has a history of adding hidden cost in the monthly billing; if you don't catch it in time, you wind up with hundreds of $$ in expenditures you never wanted; and takes weeks to rectify.

Original review: May 13, 2018

We chose to use ATT in conjunction with DirecTV (satellite). One person tells me they are the same company when we signed up and got one paper bill with a breakdown of payments to both companies and payments and charges as if one company but if we complained about something (MANY) suddenly they're separate companies. They never did get one function (can't remember what they called it now) of DirecTV to work which was the only reason I chose DirecTV rather than U-verse. I'm not paying for a faulty product.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I had equipment upgraded ever since my tv and 1 other is intermittent. It is constantly going in and out of its connecting screen. The first appointment to have it fixed is almost 2 weeks away. Not happy!

Original review: May 12, 2018

This is the absolute worst service provider I’ve ever had to deal with. My issues started 2 years ago when I tried to get a bundled service of tv and internet with Directv and AT&T. I called in and was quoted a price that to be honest sounded too good to be true. I asked the representative multiple times if the deal was true; of course he said yes then it all went downhill from there. I was told that I had to pay 2-3 billing cycles of regular prices for my services until it can be bundled to receive my deal. I agreed and got my services started. It’s been 2 years and I have never received my quoted prices which was suppose to be noted on my account but of course no representative can find that note on my account.

Every month after my 2-3 billing cycles I’ve called trying to get my services bundled but there’s always an issue on why it can’t get bundled at this time and I continue to have to pay full price for my services because I’m in a contract. Every time I call to speak to a supervisor its a 20-30 minute wait and then they hang up. I’ve literally had to call 2-3 times before I get to speak with a supervisor every month and phone calls are usually about an hour long.

Every time I call they said the issue will be fixed and everything will be okay until the next month and I see my bill then it’s another excuse or they don’t know what’s going on or there’s nothing they can do about it. To end a long drawn out story AT&T is the absolute worst company, they will push you around and they are only out to screw the consumers out of money. My friend worked for them after I was already under contract as their sales rep and he said they do try to screw you they are thought to purposely omit things to get a sale.

Original review: May 12, 2018

My internet service is extremely slow. AT&T keeps going up on the price but does not improve its service to loyal customers. I am about to switch to another service provider if the existing service does not improve or my bill lowered. This is an ongoing problem in a rural community I live in and all my neighbors who have AT&T would 100% agree with my review.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Service is slow and weak periodically during the day and dreadful on weekend nights especially. During December the only times I could do any online gift ordering was before 5 am or after 1 am. Neighbors in my homeowners' association and another nearby neighborhood have reported similar experiences.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I have always had good service and problems solved easily. If there was ever a problem they handled very well. I go to the local AT&T store and they have handled everything I needed.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

• Best for: Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs