AT&T Uverse

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.84/5
Based on 1,372 ratings submitted in the last year

AT&T Uverse Reviews

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I have been with ATT/ATT Uverse for over 10 days. The company does not believe in loyalty to long time customers. ATT Uverse is a profit oriented business. The call center staff will quote one price and then you receive a bill for a larger amount. When you call customer service to get the bill corrected the call center staff want to talk about the billing cycle and payment plan. Overcharging and poor customer services is the # one goal.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

We have had this service for years basically because we have no other option in our area and I’m always so envious of our friends internet providers. I would not recommend AT&T if you have any other options. It’s sad when the only option you have is way less than what is advertised and they charge you double for your monthly service because lord forbid I actually stream something and I promise it doesn’t take much to exceed your “allowance” for the month. It’s definitely disappointing. I would not recommend them if you have any other options.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I got fiber optic internet over a year ago. Since DAY ONE I have experienced widely varying speeds and dropped service. I have replaced the router and had techs come to the house. The company admits that there are issues but the techs can't fix it. I lose internet over both wifi and ethernet over multiple devices. The techs show up, don't know what to do and leave. THE LAST ONE SHOWED UP CHEWING TOBACCO AND SPITTING INTO A DIP CUP IN MY HOME!!!! Even he admitted there were problems but didn't know how to fix them. For this I am paying for fiber optic. Run away!!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Our condo group has had AT & T U-verse for the last three years. On average we lose service two to three times each week.... Sometimes for a few minutes but more often for longer. The frustration of device cutting out when you are on a business meeting video chat or at a crucial point in a movie you paid to view is infuriating! Do not use this service.... It is awful!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Promised 500.00 dollars in promotional credit cards, rate lock for 12 months, and rebate for lost channels. AT&T, shorted me 200.00 in promotional dollars, raised my rate prior to one year, and my account was not never compensated for lost channels. Beware, not a company to be trusted, lacks integrity, very shady and unscrupulous business practices. No better than Spectrum, very disappointed..

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I’ve been with AT&T for 7 years now and have never had a problem with them until now. I recently moved and I had placed a moving order for my internet. It’s taken me talking to about 3 people a day for a week and a half for them to get my stuff fixed! I’ve waited twice for someone to install our boxes and each time no one showed up. When I called, they said my order had been cancelled and I was never made aware of it. I wasted my entire day waiting on them. Once my internet was “activated” after 20x of telling them I’m no longer living at my previous residence, they STILL have the address incorrectly. The customer service is terrible. It takes them years to look up your account. I don’t know why it took an hour and a half each time on the phone with these people. AT&T I’m about close to giving up on y’all.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

BEWARE! Before you do business with AT&T, read this: (My own true story). For years I was an exclusive ATT customer: TV, Internet, Land phones, Cell phone.) Home and office. After watching my bill continually increase dramatically, and service leaving a lot to be desired, and seeing ads and receiving flyers about wonderful, bargain priced packages offered only to new customers, I decided to switch to new vendors for all of those services. I called ATT and informed them that I was changing service carriers. Since I no longer drive, I asked them to please send someone to pick up their equipment. They informed me that they will not. They instructed me to take all of their equipment, 5 cable boxes and the modem (gateway) to the nearest UPS store, (their agent.).

I put all of the devices in an open box, which my grandson took to UPS. The store was extremely busy. (Other disgruntled ATT customers?) He had to wait in line over 20 minutes. When it was his turn, the agent used his hand scanner and scanned everything while still in the box. Well apparently the scanner missed one of the cable boxes. Weeks later I received a bill from ATT for $160.00 for unreturned cable box! I called them immediately, told them all were returned to UPS, per their instructions.

A couple of weeks later, I got a letter, “final notice,” telling me to pay the $160.00. Again, I called them, told them the course of events. Then I received 2 more “final notices,” threatening to post the delinquent notice with the credit bureaus, which could affect my credit rating! I called again, told them again that I had returned all equipment to UPS and if they continued to harass me and threaten me, I will post this story on social media websites. Their response? I’m now getting letters from a collection company on behalf of ATT. So, please be careful when dealing with ATT. They are big bullies who love to flex their muscles! They also think their customers are liars! I don’t intend to pay for the device that is sitting in their warehouse! What’s next? Will they sue me? Have me jailed? I really don’t need this aggravation, but I refuse to pay for something I do not owe!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I like the ability to watch local TV in close to real time. It is very important for local news and information. I don't have cable and believe this is a great alternative. I am quite pleased with the variety of channels available as well.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have Comcast for tv since the building I am in has a bundle deal, which is fine. Xfinity-Comcast tv is great and the stores are super friendly. But for internet, I had to get off of the Comcast cable because of what was becoming off then on situation. I could watch the router reboot itself about every fifteen minutes. I work from home office and had to get my internet working better right away. I switched to AT&T U-Verse for my internet, and have been very happy and relieved. It is fast and always there when I need it for work.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I was using Cox earlier but I experienced a lot of fluctuation. One of my friends suggested switching to Uverse. Now after 6 months of usage I must say it has the best internet service. Also they helped me to reduce Billing from $234 to $154. Very friendly customer service too.

Not sure about AT&T Uverse?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Internet Service Provider for you.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

• Best for: Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team