2.88/5
Based on 1,402 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

AT&T Uverse Reviews

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I like the ability to watch local TV in close to real time. It is very important for local news and information. I don't have cable and believe this is a great alternative. I am quite pleased with the variety of channels available as well.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I have Comcast for tv since the building I am in has a bundle deal, which is fine. Xfinity-Comcast tv is great and the stores are super friendly. But for internet, I had to get off of the Comcast cable because of what was becoming off then on situation. I could watch the router reboot itself about every fifteen minutes. I work from home office and had to get my internet working better right away. I switched to AT&T U-Verse for my internet, and have been very happy and relieved. It is fast and always there when I need it for work.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I was using Cox earlier but I experienced a lot of fluctuation. One of my friends suggested switching to Uverse. Now after 6 months of usage I must say it has the best internet service. Also they helped me to reduce Billing from $234 to $154. Very friendly customer service too.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I, had four other services before AT&T Uverse. Cox (the worst), Daniels (pretty good but acquired by some big one) and two others; all bad, expensive, NO customer service, all services bundled with things I don't want. Finally tried AT&T Uverse. Customer service: Excellent, I get through to a human quickly fast; Equipment repair, 24/7 (almost), quick, friendly, so, so fast. A new box in hours, good, nay excellent and friendly techs. Service; near perfect, good service packages, cheap, no pressure. Cable as it should be. I always recommend to friends.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I live in Columbus-Ohio, I took At&t internet $50/mo plan, I was supposed to get 75 mbps speed but I always get less than 20mbps. I complained multiple times but no use.

Note:
- At&t customer care is not a free service, you will be charged for it.
-In order to connect customer support you need to wait at least 1hr.

- At&t Internet is a 1year mandatory contract, if you cancel the service you have to pay 3 months bill.

At&t Internet is the Poor service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I recently tried their internet service and they could not connect for two weeks, when they finally did the speed was not good nor what was advertised so I canceled within 15 days and asked for a refund $114.70 which was the charge for service for a month. I called three times and the rep assured me the check was going to be mailed out at the end of the billing cycle. After several months, I just called and they said they changed their policy and no refund would be issued. Very disappointed in their customer service.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Have had Uverse for a couple of years and when my promotional price was up my cable went up to 180.00 a month. I went to change to a streaming service and wanted to cancel my Uverse Service and was advised that since I was 1 day into my billing cycle I would have to pay the full month's bill EVEN IF I TURNED IN EQUIPMENT AND DISCOUNTINUED SERVICE! So I would be charged for the full month service even though I would only use 1 day- Nothing but corporate crooks - It is just plain wrong charging for a service you do not use - please boycott ATT! I will be contacting the BBB and am going to publish this story to many social media links as possible as this is nothing short of robbery!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The technicians that come out or are supposed to come out "FOR REPAIR & ASSISTANCE" are ridiculously incompetent. I have been waiting for wifi set up & repair for 3 days now. When one of them actually shows up they leave without fixing the problem or letting us know they left and leave the ticket open as if they are planning to return only to send a text saying they "missed our appointment"?! The guy was just here and made it seem like he never made it. Are you kidding me? These employees are lazy con artists milking the clock. What happened to AT&T???? Where is your professional customer service? If you can help it DO NOT GO WITH AT&T. I'm stuck with them since this area only has internet coverage with AT&T.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

The internet section of this company suck and is incompetent. The actual product is the best in the world. The internet speed, signal strength, and capability is wonderful, but their customer service department is childish and pathetic. Me and my wife moved next door, called to have our service transferred over they said that due to a former customer at my new address had not updated his new address in the system so this meant i couldn't have my service transferred. This meant i am without service. IT'S SAD TO SAY THAT SUCH A HUGE COMPANY WITH SUCH A GREAT PRODUCT IS LETTING IDIOTS WHO DO NOT CARE ABOUT TARNISHING A COMPANY'S NAME. THEY would rather lose a good customer than doing their job and actually attempting customer service. Plus my wife had just paid for the month. TOO SAD.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

At&T absolutely sucks. Our TV. I can not even turn the TV on without the whole screen glitching out. I want to watch the Steelers VS Browns and I click on the game. Nope sorry you have to watch the Colts VS Dolphins. I can not even turn on my TV because it does not work. Not to mention when a try to scroll it takes a few minuets just to scroll through about 100 channels. Their internet is what kills me though. Oh and great the TV just froze. The internet sucks. We get about 3 Megabytes and they charge you over $200 per month. For 3 Megabytes!

Yesterday our internet was off and on repeatedly and we had to reset the WiFi router about 4 times. I have an average of about 25 FPS (Frames Per Second) on average. On average we get about 100 Ping, 20 download Mbps, and 5 upload Mbps. We get about 5 power outages per month too, terrible. What's even worse is their customer service. We get a power outage. It takes them about 20 hours to fix it even if it is just a little problem. For them to attend to people's reports and problems it takes them nearly a week to report if at all. Just ok is not ok At&T. It is terrible.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

• Best for: Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs