Formerly named AT&T U-verse

4.0/5 (741 ratings)

About AT&T Internet

AT&T Internet offers multiple plans, including a 1 Gbps plan suited for those who have multiple devices or use HD streaming services. Prices range from $45 to $80 for the first year of service, but prices increase after the 12-month introductory period. The company's gateway acts as a modem and provides Wi-Fi coverage, although those with large homes may need optional Wi-Fi extenders for whole-house coverage. If you’re interested in AT&T’s television services, read our review of AT&T TV.

AT&T Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

All internets say that they have the fastest internet but it's not true. Sometimes it freezes up and it interrupts your day. It's like driving on the freeway. When it get crowded the traffic slows everybody down. Same thing goes for the internet. It's all about the Benjamins. When the satellite shuts down the world is at a stand still. But this is the turn of the century.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I currently use one of my Moto E6. Once I moved from Martin SD to Rapid City SD 57702 service has improved. My ** account goes on a rotation. Currently is ATT. I am Very Happy with AT&T at 65. This is one Co. I can count on.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I have AT&T fiber internet and it is great compared to any other internet I have ever had and it’s only $60 per month, stand alone service! I find it to be a great value and very helpful, especially when I need to work from home.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I know "outsourcing" is a savings for most credit cards or other businesses but if you are providing a local (in-state) service it makes no sense to have to speak to a person about a problem and that service representative can barely speak English much less annunciate in clear English which is NOT a problem solver to the customer. They don't know your area much less anyplace in the U.S.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I enjoy ATT internet. It is reliable and I love the my smart home app. I love that you can test the connection in every room with your camera. It’s so innovative. ATT is reasonable compared to other providers. I love that I did not need a technician to connect my services. Other companies like to charge an extra fee. The only thing is you have to rent the router. The price for services is reasonable and my bill is always the same. I love that once the promotion is over you can call and renegotiate. ATT connection is reliable. No worries here.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

We live in a duplex and just had neighbors move in downstairs and they had ATT come out today 9/22 to install their internet. ATT had a technician here at 4pm which just so happens to be exactly when my internet was disconnected. We assumed it was just an outage in the area, but after speaking with Cox we were informed there is no outage and that ATT had to have disconnected our internet directly from the property. Cox advised the earliest they could send a technician to resolve this would be Saturday or that we could contact ATT to have them come and fix the issue. I contacted ATT who advised they cannot come out to restore our internet because it’s COX’s property, but that didn’t seem to stop their technician from touching it prior. I will now be forced to miss work tomorrow as I work from home and will have no internet for days due to their incompetence. ATT’s unwillingness to resolve this speaks volumes.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

The representatives are trained to tell you what you want to hear and move on. They do not notate their accounts, they do not apply the changes to your account even if they say they did. They do not correct your information if it's incorrect. We've called them at least 20-30 times and spoke with a different rep every time. They always say there's no notation on the account. They have no clue what the previous rep said or did. They're extremely unknowledgeable. The address on my bill is wrong. Someone's else's name is on my bill. My tv bill went up $10 without notification. I was promised a $35 phone bill if I switched, ended up being $50. I was promised a $50 internet installation discount, didn't happen. It's a repetitive cycle of poor representative training. AT&T will lose customers and eventually go out of business.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

So 2 days ago I called AT&T because my internet is out. First I had to deal with an automatic voice service "to fix the problem" troubleshooting. Ok that didn't work. Call back to speak with a human. An hour later I get a person, I explain the situation. She does some stuff on her end and claims my router is bad and they will send me a new one. Ok. The next day I find out a main line is down by a neighbor. Apparently a truck hit it. The neighbors didn't know what it went to so they wrapped it up and hung it on their fence.

I called AT&T again. Was on hold for about an hour. Finally got someone and told him their main line is down and that is why I don't have internet. I informed them that I have a medical device that runs off of wifi, I need wifi or I will be in so much pain (I refuse pain pills because what they do to people). I was informed that they aren't going to send anyone until Tuesday evening. So they don't care that they have a live wire just hanging on someone's fence and they don't care if it is a medical situation. They informed me that I had to be home as well so they can check the line in my house. The problem ISN'T IN MY HOUSE. The problem IS THE MAIN LINE on the side of the damn road. Ugh thanks at&t for not caring about the safety and well-being of your customers and other people.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I got the hotspot phone for internet service since it is not available in my area through local providers, and AT&T had great coverage just using my everyday phone. Went from full service to 1 bar in 2 years, and has stayed there. Been with AT&T for over 20 years, very disappointed. Considering changing companies.

Original review: July 28, 2022

They continually log people out and when you try to log back in, they say you attempted too many times to log in and force you to reset/change password.. I have had to do this 4 times today and now they locked me out for 24 hours. This should be unacceptable.. It's been going on for several months and NO ONE is fixing the problem.. There are many others with the same issues and people are getting angry.... I use email for my bills every day. Am in it on the computer.. Now am locked out because of them!!! I have been a loyal customer of AT&T for at least around 30 years... I'm never late with my bills to them, have done upgrades with them and they treat their customers this way.. This is wrong...

AT&T Internet author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

AT&T Internet Company Information