1.80/5

3284 AT&T Uverse Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I was supposed to be transferred to the Customer Loyalty department for Unified Billing. I was transferred to the regular billing department, then transferred to the Sales department, then transferred to the customer loyalty department for internet, then transferred to the regular customer loyalty department, then transferred to Unified billing department, then FINALLY transferred to the customer loyalty department for Unified Billing.

Each time I was accidentally transferred to the wrong department, I explained very clearly where I needed to be transferred as I had been transferred to the wrong department so many times. They said they will definitely make sure they were the last stop before I was transferred to the correct place, but were wrong 6 TIMES. I am switching to another carrier ASAP.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I have had the option for no paper bill and automatic payments since I signed up for the service. I've gotten a paper bill every month. Called 3 months in a row, over 2 hours on the phone, just got another bill in the mail. The internet has been reliable and coverage is great over my condo, but I HATE getting a paper bill, and I do not understand why they insist on sending me one. The settings on my account are for no paper, multiple customer service representatives and supervisors have assured me I'll get no more bills, and yet I still get a paper bill. If it wasn't for the fact that Cox Internet sends me even MORE paper in multiple ads every week. I'd transfer, but my policy is that if you send me paper over and over again, I don't want your service. But I need internet for work and gaming. I cannot wait until a third option opens up.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

You Are Now Part of AT&T. Thanks... I speak sarcasm so I am angry and I NEVER write reviews as a personal policy. It’s a waste of precious time. I even resent the compulsion to write this one. The short of it is that we had a wind storm and that was 4 days ago. Still no internet. 6 phone calls on our part and a couple text and a few phone calls back from them with promises lol because we got nothing. I live near Pasadena Ca. It’s not as if we live in the middle of nowhere. Boy when they want to lay cable or sell you something they canvas like mad. They had numerous people walking through the neighborhood at dinner time knocking on everyone’s door. Now it’s a ghost town. Give me a break! Also, I have nothing against folks from other places but when you call for help you get connected to robotic style people offshore who do not get paid enough to give a damn.

Needless to say we are out of here and I want them to take all of their ugly equipment and boxes and crap out of here too. It isn’t is the absolute worst customer service that I have ever experience in my whole life. The phone calls. No one is connected to any other department. How convenient for them! The insult to injury was the fact that because the internet is down we used up our data plan. Also AT&T. But no credit for us because that is conveniently the same company but a different company just the same. So bu-bye you rip artists. The jig is up! Don’t let the outdated rubbish hit you in the face.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

My husband purchase this service last week and ever since then the internet goes out every single day for about 15 minutes every hour on the hour. This service sucks. I should have stayed with Charter Spectrum because this is ridiculous and don't let it go out while you playing a game starts circling around then comes back in but all day and night it keeps going out. I repeat do not use AT&T U-verse. The service sucks. Should be free service since it has so many problems.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was calling to cancel my DirecTV. The representative that I was finally transferred to was a young, aggressive salesperson. I was being offered all three services for $135 a month. It was all supposed to run off of my phone, with a Sim chip they would send out. I had seen some bad reviews on AT&T previously and was very skeptical. I was on the phone at least for an hour, and was being badgered most of that time. I could not find online reviews easily; all the searches were sites for selling their bundles. I finally landed on the Consumer Affairs site and could see all the terrible reviews on their customer service. I decided you get what you pay for; and what if I lost my phone? I would have no internet or TV! I agree, the customer service just trying to get someone to cancel my TV service was bad; I got transferred all around. I just don't trust them! Thank you all for your previous comments - you saved me from getting more involved with this conglomerate!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

This is a unified billing account which means the all the accounts are linked - wireless, landline, Uverse, and internet. I have been on the phone for over 5 hours and transferred to 9 different customer services agents between the Att customer service, the Unified Customer service, the Loyalty Department, and Fraud Department. No one can pull the account information up, or provide accurate information regarding account, charging for a new line instead of the upgrade. This is a $400.00 monthly account with this level of inaccurate and unsupportive service. Do not sign up with ATT. It is not worth the headache.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I moved to Nashville into an apartment complex that had a group rate with AT&T Uverse so coverage through them was required. Once moved in, I called to set up an appointment to have them set up whatever came with the flat rate I paid my landlord since my apartment wasn’t tv or internet ready. On July 5th, they said the soonest appointment was the 23rd so naturally I agreed, then called back to try and reschedule. The soonest they now claimed was the 11th which was infinitely better so I let it be. The 11th came and my appointment get canceled due to “facility issues” that no one could explain. They rescheduled for 7/19 but the same thing happened again.

Eventually they realized wires had disconnected outside but only my apartment was affected. By August 3rd I had service, and eventually got a bill for $32. If I paid my landlord the flat rate, why am I being charged anything? I assumed it was a mistake and ignored it, until my internet got suspended. Turns out, they charged me for extra speed which I never agreed to. I just got off the phone after trying to cancel this extra charge and reverse the late fees and restoral charges on my account. According to them, I owe them $89 in fees, including that extra internet speed I never knowingly authorized and $45 to restore internet after failing to pay for a charge I never agreed to.

In the end, the call was disconnected, I called back only to be transferred to the “higher ups” which I later realized was the line for Spanish speaking customers. I don’t even know what to say, other than these people are basically stealing from me. I even paid my landlord the flat rate for July when I never received service until August. I’m in a battle with them to get a credit as well. I will never do business with AT&T ever again. Never in my life did I think I’d find a company worse than Comcast, but lo and behold, here we are.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I contacted AT&T to start internet service. I sign a contract by phone with a representative who sold be a internet contract of 40 Mb speed for 40$ per month. Installation was schedule approx. one week after I signed the contract, which I would not define quick. When the technician came he told that he was supposed to install the 5 Mb speed (WHAT?) and that my area was not covered by the 40 Mb speed, but I could have got max. 10 Mb for 40$ per month. Since I work from home and I was urgently in need of internet I let him install it (BIG MISTAKE), but the same day I looked for a contract with another provider.

I literally sent back all the equipment 4-5 days after installation, but at the end of the month a got a 107$ bill. I have tried to contact their customer service, but they are not comprehensive at all and they do not care about customers satisfaction. They said that it was not their fault to give me wrong information by phone when I was signing the contract. Instead, it was my fault to let the technician install the 5 Mb. And once you let the installation to be complete, you have to pay.

Stay away from this company, they are not serious.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Had a terrible experience getting internet installed. Very rude and difficult customer service even around something as simple as getting both my husband's name and my name both on the service account. Every phone call about anything takes hours and is confusing as systems between their services are not integrated well. Once my contract expired, I called to see what they could do to pricing. My cost for the same service was going to increase by $75 per month.

My only option (after hours on the phone) was to go with a lesser DirecTV package and still end up with paying $40 more than I had been paying the last two years for more channels. I told them I would be canceling service and going with a different company. I had a different provider install tv and internet service, they have spent 4 hours today trying to get AT&T to cancel my DirecTV and internet service... they just continued to give me different phone numbers to call, transferred me around, and finally would not stop trying to offer me other plans.

I final put my foot down that I wanted to cancel. She put me on hold and came back with a price of $50 less per month than I had paid the last two years to keep me. I told her I had already installed other service and it was ridiculous that I had not been offered that the other day when I had spent hours of the phone with an agent. She told me it just depends on the agent I am talking to!!! What?! I told her to cancel service and I wanted nothing to do with a business that operated so unethically and in such an underhanded way. Good riddance!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My girlfriend and I signed up for an internet/tv combo. We were told after promotions that we would be charged $67 each month after promotions. We just received our first bill which was $104. I tried to call and understand the reasoning and the woman on the phone was rude, misinformed, and could hardly speak English. This company is complete ** and I don't recommend it to anyone. They give false advertisements only to change price. Absolutely trash. We will never be doing another service with AT&T.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

We had just moved to our home and called ATT Uverse to get internet service. We were told we would have to wait 3 wks for the install. I had my son come over the intended day and waited. Installer showed up but never knocked or rang the doorbell. I called the installer 6 times no answer. I was on the phone with ATT for 5 hours and a manager assured me that there would be someone at our house for install that day. No one showed and after being placed on hold for an hour was told that there was an “issue” with our outside equipment and an engineer would contact me. Terrible service! I told them I guess they don’t want new clients. They do nothing to accommodate their customers and everything to frustrate.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My name is Orlando ** and my wife's is Isis ** who is the owner of the account **. Following the advice of Mr. ** ** we switched our services to Directv under the premises that it was going to be faster and cheaper. What a scam... this system is full of crap and for three months we suffered using it. On May 7 we decided to drop it and go back to AT&T Uverse and after being postponed the installation of this service until today Sept 30 Sunday that we were promised to have an installer here from 9 to 11. At 12 pm we called your representative and he told us that the order has not been placed...

We both are 76 years old and rely on your services for information and entertainment and we were given so many stupid excuses that we felt like mushrooms (in the dark and fed with crap). After a 2 hours tirade we extracted from your robotic employee the promise that the installer will be here in our home on October 2 Tuesday. I hope that this promise is going to be delivered. We are writing this complaint demanding that you start an investigation of what is going on in your services department and take drastic measures to keep ** like this happening in the future.

I am sure that you are going to take this letter and throw it in the trash can... but at least we expressed thru it our obfuscation and frustration with the way we have been treated for the last month... If you care you can call me back at my cellular ** any time during the day with a realistic apology and the promise that you are going to shake up your department to finally find out who is/are the culprits of all this mess. Untruly your Isis and Orlando. Good night. It is 8:07 pm EST.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Anyone having problems with AT&T can contact the Federal Trade Commission at 877-382-4357, the Federal Communication Commission at 888-225-5322 and/or the Better Business Bureau at 703-276-0100. My mother worked for and retired from AT&T after 30 years service. They have had AT&T service for 63 years. My 84-year-old father lost his phone and instead of suspending service they disconnected his service and gave his number away they had since 1972. Family, friends, businesses, etc numbers all lost and they have no way of communicating. Shame on AT&T. I have a call into them but doubt it will change anything! My mother has passed away so there is no longer personal or business relationship with this company. Please read complaints before getting entangled with them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

After spending 5 hours - no exaggeration - on the phone with various AT&T agents I was able to access my account online to determine what kind of internet service I had. No one could tell me what kind of service I had until they could verify my account - and that took hours and hours. I then made an appointment for fiber optic. The appointment was from 11-1pm. No show. I took a vacation day. I asked if there was any way to contact the service truck and of course there was not. And of course there was no one else to talk to.

Every single contact I have had with AT&T has resulted in delays, misinformation and bad service. When I moved there were three trucks that showed up for installation at my new house- and the installers laughed and said that happened a lot. This is by far the most mismanaged company I have ever encountered. No reason for them to improve given they almost have a monopoly. There is no recourse for a consumer - my lost day and lost pay will never be reimbursed. And the money lost by this company due to its mismanagement has to run into millions - if not billions internationally. Stay away from AT&T!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I lived in the same house for over 15 years and had AT&T internet for most of those years paying faithfully with automatic withdrawal. I decided to move closer to my work and had someone rent my house. I just wanted to transfer the service to his name so he could use the box I had and was already set. I filled out the online form, got a 4 digit code and he signed the transfer agreement online. I originally called. Somehow the transfer was cancelled, even though we were told the transfer would take effect in two weeks, so instead they just left the service on until they decided to disconnect it. I found out months later the service was cancelled.

They claim that they sent an email notifying me to an old email address I no longer use. I'm guessing it is the email address I had when I set up service years ago. They couldn't even pick up the phone to tell me. I thought everything was ok. First they kept calling me by some other name which I have no idea where they got it. I truly tried to resolve the issue by calling them back and set up a time to have an installer come out. My new tenant took the day off work that they scheduled and didn't show up and he no longer had any vacation days. He called and they wanted to set up another day. Turns out while they left the service on in my name they raised my bill to over 360 bucks. Charged me for their old box and put a bad mark on my credit report.

Had they reached out and called me as to why they did not transfer, I would have taken care of it right away. I spoke to the office of the President but they were very rude. Talked to me like I was a liar and said I still owe. Fine... but not no 360 bucks. I know I was told the transfer would take place as if it was certain. Not even a bill to my new address. I don't understand why they feel it is okay to just tell someone something is going to happen and it doesn't. Not even call me. No show my tenant. I could of just shut the service off and let him set it up himself, but thought that way would be easier. I am truly disappointed in AT&T's lack of communication and unkept promises. After being a faithful customer for so many years, they never took that into account or even wanted to keep me as a customer. I would have set up AT&T in my apartment but after that... No Way!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have been with AT&T since 2009 with Cell service, Internet and DirecTV off and on. First I had DirecTV and was told that I was in a 1 year contract and when I was moving my apartments they said it was a 2 year. I moved into an apartment that the balcony is facing north and therefore unable to get satellite. I called service and go the quote of $115.00 after all is said and done for both internet and TV so I got Uverse since it was the price I was currently paying with DirecTV and internet. It has been one of the worse experiences with AT&T yet. They first did not come out and install the TV. They said that they had a mass recall on their boxes (which was not on the web anywhere).

They finally installed 2 boxes and left. I got home from work and NO TV! I called and they said, "Oh you do not have an account." I was so frustrated and asked how can I have boxes if I do not have an account. They then proceeded to tell me they would let me know when they have boxes to start the service. I finally got the boxes and then get the bill for $179.00 when I called they said, "No it is not the $115.00 you were quoted." I have tried to cancel and they stated I would have to pay a ETF fee of $165.00 just to remove TV. I called customer loyalty and they advised they cannot do anything. I am trying to find out how to move this further up the chain but it only gets me to a supervisor.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I contacted AT&T to try to get internet and tv on September 14th. I was informed at that time that I owed a balance and had to pay the balance before I received service. I told the representative that I would contact them on the 19th and pay the balance. In between that time I received an email notice that my credit had gone down. I check my credit and I saw that it went down 26pts due to AT&T credit check. I contacted AT&T on today and I had planned and they said that they had to run my credit again (which will cause it to go down another 26pts??). I was livid; only to be told that for some reason the system won't allow them to accept an online payment that I had to go into the store and pay cash.

So now this mean, if I choose to have your service and go into the store; you'll have to run my credit for a 3rd time...REALLY?!?! UNACCEPTABLE. I asked to speak to a supervisor at this point in which I was told that, "We don't have a supervisor available." UNACCEPTABLE!!! I know only too well after working at a cable company for years that there is always a supervisor on the floor; so basically you lied to me...UNACCEPTABLE!!! I use to not write reviews because I didn't feel like it mattered before; but what you know what...what does matter is how what you so carelessly do affect me. Let me run your credit 3 times and your score go down and you go try to buy a car, a house, get an apartment (just about anything these days) and see how you feel then. Once the credit was ran the first time it should of been noted so that it didn't have to be continually ran. UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

At first I was excited that AT&T put fiber optic down our subdivision road. We signed up for service. Then we experienced the most unprofessional installation attempts any homeowner can imagine. The original crew put the fiber junction boxes on the wrong side of everyone’s house down Sedgewick Drive. They then came out and started trying to trench through the middle of 3 sides of the house. Their excuse: “It’s too expensive to go back and fix their original mistake “.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

My DSL has been down for 3 weeks. Last Tuesday I had an appointment between 8-noon, and no one showed or called. After 2:30 that same day, I reached a live human, and he said it showed my appt. canceled but gave no reason. He set up another appt. 10 days in the future, which I blew a gasket over. So, I got an appt. 7 days out... wow. Then the tech was set between 8 - noon, didn't get there till 4:30 pm. Couldn't fix it, didn't know what was wrong. At 7:30 he left and said the CO (Central Office) had to change some settings - he had connected me to a new pair.

Today, it's 12:36 pm and still no DSL - called - they show case still open. I would love to have Uverse, or Cable, but we are 900' from the closest connection, but yet three housing developments in the 900' range have the latest and greatest. I have had this DSL line over 10 years, but apparently that doesn't mean anything. I would take any other service that would work, but nothing available, so I have crappy service, with crappy customer service, and HATE AT&T. Jerks.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

To start, I had AT&T DirecTV - which I was unknowingly in a two year contract that we then moved and I literally couldn't keep it. So the first month was rough because I was promised a deal that I would get my early termination fee back because I was still with AT&T. This was a 3 month process filled with me being told several different things. After this was FINALLY over, we go to move again when our contract is up. All went smoothly, we did the easy return with UPS and it seemed like we were done. Some 2 months later, fast-forwarding to now, we get a bill for $498 for "missing" equipment stating that we will be automatically charged on the 16th with the credit card on file. Not only did we get automatically charged several days early (September 3rd, only a few days after receiving said bill), but it will now take 2-3 weeks to get it back. I consider this fraud and stealing essentially.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

They do not care if you miss work repeatedly. All at tech support have the same first name mainly Mark. No last name or extension. They are global and say there are many agents so you stay on the phone two hours at a time. I have all my phone calls recorded and then they tell me that I can't get service at my home today after I leave work because I was told on two appointments that they were coming to install my internet today and then I called to see where the tech was and oh they dropped the order because you can't get internet service at your location when it was less than 150 feet next door and not even that in front at my son's home that runs off the cable in front of my home.

These appointments started before Aug 31. That is the one that I took pic of that no one showed up at and then on Sept 5 I started recording all my phone calls. I will be digging to see what can be done about these horrible people. Today made number five apt. Oh and trust me. If I didn't need to argue with them and we had other options I would have not done that.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

They offered a promotion to buy 1 iPhone 8 and get one free if you sign up for Uverse TV. After I signed up for 1 Year contract with Uverse, they would not honor the promotion on 2 lines. I had one line fully paid for an unlocked. When I asked to cancel the line that was unlocked, they would not let me cancel the line. I then just wanted out of this situation so I paid in full for 2 phones plus one was already paid for in full. After I paid for the phones, they let me cancel the lines, so I have no service, but they kept the phones locked. To this date, they would not unlock the phones and would not let me carry over to another provider. They would not address the situation. Furthermore, I am still stuck with a 1 year Uverse contract that they also won't let me cancel. I am pretty sure this is all illegal. What recourse do I have?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I've had AT&T's wireless internet in my home for over six years, and it finally is working up to expectations. For years, I would have intermittent connectivity issues where we'd lose our internet connection and the router would take 3-5 minutes to reboot. This made for a terrible experience as I was trying to conduct business from my home. I called Support several times per year and received a variety of answers, from moving nearby electrical components to being told I had too many devices connected to the wifi. Many times it required sending a technician out. Sometimes the internet worked okay for a little while after a technician's visit, but the connectivity issues would always return. I had five technicians out in the past year, and each one attempted a different fix. Finally, the last guy realized the port was bad and swapped it out. The internet has worked flawlessly in the two months since then, just as I had always hoped it would!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

We switched to AT&T Uverse because of their promises of faster this and that. I have had it for less than 3 months and we've had 2 equipment changes and it still is not working properly. DO NOT USE AT&T UVERSE! Also, my bill is just going up and up each month. AT&T UVERSE is the biggest scam going. DO NOT GET IT. I tried to give them no stars, but you have to give it at least one. :/

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

After nearly 3 years of HORRIBLE service and paying $135 per MONTH for 5MBPS down/up (or less, and many times 1mbps), and two technicians later, the final conclusion from the second tech was that we need to run on 5GHz in lieu of the standard 2.5GHz. Although the speed increase significantly, none of our machinery (printers, scanners, fax) would run. The technicians decided to tell us about a data package ATT had been running through u-verse for a few years - fiber optics - which promised a speed of 100MBPS down and I believe 50MBPS up for ONLY $40 per month. The technician was very HUSH about it, and told us to keep the two accounts under wraps until their work had concluded. VERY SNEAKY internal workings.

Regardless, the service was installed and has been very good, HOWEVER, they did not instruct us on cancellation and removal of equipment of the former equipment, possibly because they wanted to be hands off. Confusions between services led to the billing department. We have NEVER been late on our service for nearly 3 years. Having misunderstood which equipment/service bill was from U-verse or ATT was difficult. Eventually we received a call that our bill was behind and so we made an arrangement to pay, but we had no idea who it was we'd be paying and broke the promise which lead to a $35 charge.

As the business owner, I look beyond the issue in front of me when dealing with a particular client. For clients who have always paid on time and proven a great working relationship, especially if my service is GARBAGE (which it's not), I do everything in my power to rectify the issue and keep the customer. All I have ever received from ATT business internet is horrible service, incapable technicians, and greed over a $35 mistake that, YES I agreed to, but I shift back to their court as they left us confused and unknowing all to sell a program they SHOULD have suggested back when I signed up or when it came to. If you have another option outside of ATT, take it. We do run wifi, and expect some latency, but.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

After suddenly not being able to connect to the Internet, we called AT&T Customer Service, and our call was routed to India. The technician attempted to be helpful, but after an hour on the phone spent troubleshooting, he determined that we needed a new modem. This was on a Thursday. We were told that a new modem would be sent but would not arrive until the following Tuesday. This was not acceptable because our business relies on us being online on a daily basis.

We asked if there were a service rep who could deliver it to us; the answer was "no." However, he said he would put us on hold and talk to his supervisor to see if the order could be expedited. Several minutes later, we were told that it would arrive on Saturday. It did not. It is now Monday evening, and we have been without Internet connection for five days. Obviously we will be discontinuing our account. We thought one of the benefits of selecting AT&T over providers such as Hulu was customer service. We thought wrong.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Every single month I have to call customer service for service interruption since there are always issues on their end. Spend hours being transferred from department to department and always answering the identification answers prior to explaining again what my main issue is. Most of the time, they just end up hanging up on me. I have been calling them every other month for the last 5 years due to service interruption. Too bad my apartments have contract with them. I am seriously going to move out just to escape from dealing with AT&T. The one company I truly hate with passion.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Called AT&T for TV & Internet Services and they told me they can give me a special for internet and TV. Internet and 3 receivers for $70, sounded too good to be true. On the day of installation the tech calls me and I ask him to confirm about the services and amount before installation, the tech called me back and told me that it's going to be more than $110+tax+ fees.I go ahead and advise the tech to install the internet only. After 10 minutes a AT&T sales rep pulls up on my driveway, Timothy and he proceeds to explain to me about the billing and TV services of which I asked him about the promotion that they offered to give me and if it was true (Internet and 3 receivers for $70). He said it was true and that's what they had scheduled the installation for.

I told him that I had talked to the tech and only advised him to install the internet because of the amount he had quoted and said $110+. Timothy talked to the tech and they agreed to reschedule the cable installation and he also assured me that the bill would be $70+tax. The breakdown was $40 internet and $10 x 3 receivers for basic cable +taxes. My bill from July 19 - August 5 is $275, mind you the receivers were installed on August 9. I called AT&T 3 days ago and they said they are looking into the issue when I called back again they hanged up on me.

Timothy ** the sales rep is nowhere to be found. His cell phone number is not working and his email wont go through. This is the message that pops up "Your message can't be delivered because delivery to this address is restricted". AT$T are stealing and they are not hiding it. As a customer you are of no value to them and word of mouth with AT$T is a waste of time. STAY AWAY from AT&T. Let it be last company you will seek services from.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Called AT&T for TV & Internet Services and they told me they can give me a special for internet and TV. Internet and 3 receivers for $70, sounded too good to be true. On the day of installation the tech calls me and I ask him to confirm about the services and amount before installation, the tech called me back and told me that it's going to be more than $110+tax+ fees. I go ahead and advise the tech to install the internet only. After 10 minutes a AT&T sales rep pulls up on my driveway, Timothy and he proceeds to explain to me about the billing and TV services of which I asked him about the promotion that they offered to give me and if it was true (Internet and 3 receivers for $70). He said it was true and that's what they had scheduled the installation for. I told him that I had talked to the tech and only advised him to install the internet because of the amount he had quoted and said $110+.

Timothy talked to the tech and they agreed to reschedule the cable installation and he also assured me that the bill would be $70+tax. The breakdown was $40 internet and $10 x 3 receivers for basic cable +taxes. My bill from July 19-August 5 is $275, mind you the receivers were installed on August 9. I called AT&T 3 days ago and they said they are looking into the issue. When I called back again they hung up on me. Timothy ** the sales rep is nowhere to be found. His cellphone number is not working and his email won't go through. This is the message that pops up "Your message can't be delivered because delivery to this address is restricted". AT&T are stealing and they are not hiding it. AS a customer you are of no value to them and word of mouth with AT&T is a waste of time. STAY AWAY from AT&T let it be last company you will seek services from.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I had been looking for an alternative to my cable which is very expensive. I had actually called AT&T to fix something on my wireless bill and was given the schpiel about Uverse. It seemed like a good deal but I told them I only really watch Cardinals baseball games and was assured they were available in my area. Comes installation day and the guy gets it all set up and I start looking for the day’s Cardinals game. I find the channel but it says I’m not subscribed to it. I call customer service and they tell me the channel is blocked out in my area. WHY DIDNT YOU KNOW THAT WHEN I ORDERED IT? I am so pissed I told them I didn’t want it and was not going pay them one cent for being lied to. Had to take it to a UPS store to ship it back after the AT&T store said they don’t take equipment back. Just don’t lie to your customers, it’s not good for business.

AT&T expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

• Best for: Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs