AT&T Uverse

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have landlines and mobile services last ten to fifteen years. They disconnected my business phone line over a payment of seventy dollars for payment. I am paying bill every month for several accounts in about five hundred every month. Their accounting is scr... Up. I called them about seven times to resolve problem. Today I talk to eight different people to resolve problem. I was on the phone about three and half hours. I have Uverse, six mobile lines and trying to get more for my other two landlines. Now I am deciding to terminate all services with AT&T after so many years and give my money to other provider. I have DirectTV in my garden inn and I will terminate that too. They treat customer very bad and has no manners.

We have been a long time customer of ATT and switched to ATT U-Verse from DirecTV probably about 10 years ago... we have had continuous connection issues since we switched, have had at least 6-8 technicians out to troubleshoot and are always told issue is fixed and weeks or months later... no connection and another technician comes out. About a month ago 2 seasoned technicians came out and found that the cable that ATT used did not support data which is why our service was bad. They also did some repairs down the street to lines there. Less than a month later we are without any service (phone, internet, TV) again and ATT says they will have a technician out in a WEEK! Unacceptable! Considering the trouble we have had and the fact I am paying $235 a month for not only intermittent service, but extremely bad customer service, it is time to go... service reps are rude and condescending. Today I start to look for new providers.

Let me start off by saying that I don't normally do reviews, but I've also never had to deal with this company. I've always been with Cox but unfortunately they don't have them here. If I could give 0 stars, I would. So I Google how to write a review on AT&T U-verse, it pulls up (after 5 minutes because internet service is SO slow) and first thing I see is an overall 1 Star for this company, okay so I'm not alone! First review wasn't relevant to my experience, the ones following are dead-on. I was told my bill would be $105 a month, was also told my first month is free and I'll get a $100 visa gift card. Well, my first month was not free, never got my gift card, and best part? My bill is $174 (as of this morning, I'm sure it's different by now.)

I was with Cox for 16 years, I think I called them maybe twice? I've had to call this horrible company 57 times in 3 1/2 months. You have to go through 10 minutes of prompts, giving a bunch of info over the automated system, even if you keep hitting 0. Then someone answers, goes over the same questions, plus some more. You tell them why you're calling and they say they can't help and transfer you to another department then guess what? Yep, go through the prompts again, wait on hold for awhile then someone answers with an extremely hard accent to understand, asks you the same questions but it's worse because you say "Huh? I'm sorry I can't understand you."

Beyond frustrated already and haven't even began the conversation you've had for the 50th time in the last few months. You're thinking should I hang up and go through this crap again, call back and hope I get someone that I can understand? Nope, takes too long, just deal with it and try to keep calm when you really want to scream at the top of your lungs to get someone on the phone THAT DOESN'T have a gnarly accent!!!

So, to the point, if you can avoid this company, take my word for it as I'm a very honest person, AVOID them. No matter what they tell you, no matter what kind of deal they're supposedly giving, even if you have it in an email, it doesn't matter. They'll just say "I don't know why they would tell you that", "I don't know why they would send you that", or "We've never had that deal", or this is my favorite "I can understand your frustration." EAT ME. That HAS to be a part of their script. Don't tell me you understand, I don't a flying hoot if you understand. JUST FIX IT.

Every time I've called I've gotten different answers as to what my bill is. I say my bill is suppose to be 105, I'll get "No it's 144, no it's 225, no it's 187, no it's 165, no it's 145." Ohmigod this isn't a cell phone bill where your charges COULD be different. If you don't purchase movies it should be the same amount! Mind you, this sometimes happens in 1 friggin day! I spoke to 4 different people one day and 3 of them told me different amounts, I was like what the H?! The person I spoke to 2 hours ago told me something else, "Well I don't know why she would tell you that". Shocker. I've even begged for them to go back and listen to all of my conversations that they supposedly record but they of course said they couldn't do that.

I remember like 8 years ago, I was out of work, couldn't afford to pay my bills, I was almost 3 months behind on my bill with Cox. I called them and they told me to make small payments bi-weekly online, and to help out they removed the late fees. This stupid company... I pay what I was told my bill would be $105. Well a few DAYS later TV and internet are shut off. Wow! WOW. And yes, this has happened every month. I was on the phone with them for 4 hours this morning, paid more money to get my tv back on and was told my bill with really crappy internet service is 175 a month?! For what?! 40 channels of effing infomercials?!! Amazing new copper pan! Thicker hair! Sexy abs! Tighten crepey skin! DUDE. Come ON.

And what else... Oh yes, 30 Spanish channels. And a crap load of Paid Programs. So rad. I actually want to break my lease with this apartment complex and move somewhere that I don't have to deal with AT&T, that's how bad they are. Unhelpful, rude, unorganized, unintelligent, lazy, incompetent, just all around scum of the earth LIARS. I will try my hardest for the rest of my life to get everyone I can to not use them. I pray they get shut down, and just BEAT IT. That would bring tears of joy to my beautiful face. Thanks for letting me vent. Peace.

I am so disappointed with AT&T and their horrible service! We have been customers for over 20 years but unfortunately their call centers have been sent overseas it seems. Even when I ask to speak to an American I do not get one! I am typing while going on my second hour on the phone and on hold. I have been transferred, hung up on and given disconnected numbers to call. No one should have to spend their entire day trying to return a box!

I purchased internet from att approximately 10 months ago. I was told internet was $30 so I signed up. While on the phone the salesman said I could add DirecTV and it would be 99 per month. So I ended up adding the DirecTV. I ended up upgrading to a higher package and my bill was 160 per month. After 2 months I dropped the higher package and expected to only pay $100 but my bill never changed after I lowered the package. I finally figured out I never got the promotion price for The first 12 months and I overpaid by $600. I have filed complaints with BBB and they do not call or try to solve the issue. They act like you are nothing to them and they are always right.

Worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. Lying and cheating. Disrespectful. Very terrible business. I know first hand while working as a contractor For Att. Their sales people would lie through their teeth to sign you up. Once the tech gets on site he/she has to apologize about the lies they were told. STAY AWAY FROM AT&T.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

I have called twice for my credit and was told it would be up to 30 days then 60, now it has been 90 plus days, it is only about $30 but people probably forget, and times that by a few thousand people, that is a lot of $. They do not want to give you back your money, but they sure love to charge you a fortune. I love that people are turning to Netflix and Amazon Prime, Pandora etc, to hell with the cable choices. I take what I have from my condo choices. The rest I take from Netflix, coz there is nothing good to watch at a few times a year. If I didn't have that I would use it for basic channels and internet, basic only, then add a wire only to add Netflix, Amazon Prime and see what goes from there, cos I sure don't need all those benefits I don't use. same as health use. I go to the dr. every 6 months. So sad about cable and Uverse in general, both are expensive & hard to get to so speak to someone and then they aren't knowledgeable.

BEWARE-- Unless you have hours of time to waste talking to numskulls on the phone DO NOT USE AT&T. I have spent hours just trying to resolve a bill they keep sending me even though my credit card was on AUTO PAY with them for years. My current $145 mo wireless service has been OK but every month they threaten to charge another $15 for a gig for their internet mobile. I do not want to pay them any extra. When I started DirecTV (they did not own them 2 years ago MAY 2015) I wanted Genie but the company would not give it to me. They sent a box DVR... which I was not happy with for 2 years. Then they charge per box $7. I was paying $37 a month just for 2 boxes and 1 DVR.

I cancelled them recently and now they are sending me a bill for $261-- which I do not believe I owe. I paid them $189 in May the month I cancelled through my auto pay. They did not put another bill into my auto pay-- rather they started sending me this notice that now they are going to send it to collections and ruin my 850 credit score. I wrote a letter telling AT&T my attorney will be contacting them soon about a defamation suit. I also cancelled their home phone (was $60 month) and now their wireless today. I will not have anything else to do with this CRAPPY BIG Company. BEWARE! BEWARE!!!

Liars, cheaters. Signed up for new service and MADE sure that it was FREE self-install. I was assured that it was. Received a phone call that a technician was scheduled to come out to my house to install. I called them back to clear up that I didn't need a technician because I opted for a FREE self-install. They assured me that it was just a formality, that I won't be charged for anything. Technician came out, had to run a line from the pole on the street -- again, he assured me this was just a formality, they had to run THEIR line to my house in order to provide me with service -- this was not an official installation.

Two weeks later, I get a bill where I am getting charged $99 for installation. I call their Customer Service Billing Dispute -- I get an Indian girl (you speak to Americans when ordering new service), who "has nothing in her notes about free self-install". She doesn't have anyone else you can speak to, nothing she can do. She is just a note card reader in a department called "Billing". She has no boss, no knowledge of anything. She probably also takes calls for Kellogg's, Procter & Gamble, and Phillip Morris. She is most likely as knowledgeable about your Internet line as she is about your issues with a bottle of Pantene. Long live profit and passing on infrastructure upkeep costs onto the consumer.

Don't be fooled by AT&T Internet services' one star rating, they actually deserve 0 stars. Probably the worst customer service I have ever received. Twice over the last year or so I have lost my internet connection at home, which I rely on heavily for work purposes. Each time, they weren't able to schedule someone to fix it for over 3 days! Each time, I had to choose a service window, 8-12 noon or 1 pm-5 pm. Each time, they missed/didn't show up for the window and I had to reschedule. This last time, mostly because of their schedule, it took 9 days to fix the problem!!! All support is done through a call center overseas.

There is no follow up from them. No one called me to reschedule, I had to spend a half hour on the phone getting transferred time and time again to reschedule. Even though it was their fault each time that they'd missed the window, they made no effort to work around my schedule or to reschedule asap. Again, At&t's customer service comes from a foreign call center, they don't care. Unfortunately I have a contract with them for a few more months but will be switching my internet and DirecTV for this reason. Undependable and terrible customer service!

We lost service on June 30th, a tech came out on July 4th and said something was cut between the junction and our house. No one came on the 6th to fix it and even the tech was surprised when he found out (he was off on the 6th). Finally got service restored on the evening of the 7th. We went 6 days with no service, no phone, no internet, no Uverse. After that spotty service, not a good connection and kept going up and down. Yesterday around 3 PM, service completely out again. They can't get anyone to come out to check until between 1 pm and 4 pm on a Friday. I am guessing that if it is not an easy fix, we will be out all of our services for the weekend, so let’s hope they can fix it today.

Getting a credit for the last outage took almost 3 hours and multiple departments and transfers. Don't know if we will get a credit for this outage because that is not standard operating procedures unless you become a squeaky wheel. We are going to cancelling our service with them as soon as we can get another option set up, of course our research is hindered because we have no internet to look up anything. One of my favorite things when Uverse goes down on the TV, the message says to go to their website, well you can't go to the website if you have no internet service, funny how that works. I think they put all of these stop gaps in place so that you will just give up and take whatever they are serving you, which is bad service. If anyone checks here before obtaining their service, STOP, don't do it.

When originally signing up for AT&T I was talked into bundling everything to get a better discount and supposedly a price guarantee for 2 years. Guess what - I was duped that supposed price guarantee was a 2 year agreement. Now I am being hit with a $220 cancellation fee. I am going to switch everything from AT&T and will never be a customer again. It has been a horrible experience from the very beginning when they sent me the wrong phone. Service is nowhere near as good as Verizon. Good luck if you decide to go with AT&T.

I am moved to write this review because I had an awful time with this company. Do they organize their information and take notes on your account, no! So you'll have to start from square one explaining a huge maze of so and so said this but this didn't happen and now I'm told the opposite of what it was last week. My hands were tied, they couldn't upgrade me from 12 Mbps and I was tossed back and forth from "we can't install fiber in your area, yes we can install it should be easy..." and back to... "no we can't."

All along you feel like you're speaking to a middle man... the cocky one who's not really trying to help you just following a routine and says you will have to pay the early termination fee and there is nothing that can be done about that, and apparently he is just as good as a manager and he's positive everyone will be telling me the same. Then there is the representative that tells you to call the technician that was last over and get them to contact AT&T to explain why they thought fiber was available. And finally, I got on the phone with another representative, she says I can suspend my account which will cost me $15 instead of the $75... at this point I am so exhausted that cancelling with a company that is unable to upgrade my speed and doesn't have any consistency or reliability for $15 dollars is FINE... just get me out! And when I switched to Time Warner Cable, I was super relieved!

Let me tell you about AT&T Uverse. Their highest speed internet was not strong enough to cover my 580 sq foot apartment. Their cable channels were 90% info commercials and garbage. They told me my bill would be 90 bucks. It's 130. Their salesman promised me 2 100 dollar gift cards. I got one. I was never informed I was going to be locked into a contract, as I was calling to cancel my service, if I had known I would have never agreed. They charged me a late equipment return charge even though I dropped off my equipment the day after I canceled. I was transferred and pushed off on at least 12 different customer service reps, not one would take care of my issues. I'm now 140 dollars in the hole for crappy service, a bunch of lies and awful customer service.

Don't get sucked in by the shiny advertisements. Everything is great until you're locked into a 2 year contract. When we contacted AT&T about moving our internet service and possibly setting up TV service at our new address they promised us the moon and have yet to deliver on any of it. We decided to go ahead and have a dish installed. We were told that if we added a new TV to our household at a later date, we could hook it up to the cable service at no additional cost, all we would need is an additional receiver. The AT&T technician who installed our dish and hooked up service at our new address reiterated the same information. Tried calling AT&T this afternoon and hung up after 25 minutes of holding.

Got online and tried to set it up through the chat, was transferred 3 times EVEN THOUGH I told the first two representatives exactly where I needed to go. Had to repeat my request and provide my account information to every representative just to be told by the last rep that the only way I was getting a new receiver was for $99 plus S&H. When I advised them of the promise made to me, I was told I could try contacting the sales department to see if they had any deals.

When I asked to have the cable service moved to another room, I was told to contact account management, who told me that there was nothing I could do unless I wanted to pay $99 for the visit. Then I was informed that the sports channels that I paid extra for, wouldn't work unless I purchased the accommodating package as well. Don't get stuck in a contract with these people like we did. I didn't think it could get worse than Comcast and now their customer service is looking like a dream. DON'T DO IT!

For 2 weeks now we have been calling and complaining that our tv will just freeze up and that it will tell us to reboot. It does this ALL DAY! They first told us repair was made outside and all is ok. Then they say they are mailing us a new modem. We never get one. We stop in ATT store and they can't do anything but make calls just like us. Then as walking out of store we get call saying they will be at our house in 10 min. (I think this only happened because we threatened to cancel Uverse). Technician replaces modem and leaves. Three hours later we are having same problem! I will call other cable company tomorrow.

I moved to the Columbus, Ohio area about 5 years ago. I tried a few different cable/internet providers and had horrible experiences with them. Finally I bit the bullet and went with AT&T U-verse 450, Phone, Internet and Cable. I knew it was expensive but with the promotion it was affordable. I had decent interactions with customer service when I had an issue, which was not often. I was reasonably pleased with my service.

Then I retired from the military and have been on a fixed income. I tried to keep the service as long as I could, but finally my promotion period was over and the cost was just too much to afford, almost $300 a month. I tried to see about getting another promotion to cut the costs, but none were available. The rep recommended cutting service to U-verse 300 and he could apply a three month promotion so that I could continue getting my HBO (Game of thrones starts back up in two weeks and I have to see it) and he went over with me the channels we would be losing, cutting the cost to just over $250. Still a bit much but I may be able to make it work. It sounded reasonable so I agreed.

The day the changes hit. I lost MGM, SonyHD, and a couple others that my mom and stepfather, which the rep never mentioned, so I got an earful from them. I lost a few channels that my wife, my sister-in-law and my son watch, again they were not covered by the rep, so I got an earful from them. Finally I lost my HBO. For the cost of the service it is not worth these headaches. I called up Spectrum and will be getting service through them for about $150 a month with their biggest package, four DVRs, and a wireless router. I have read the reviews on them and really hope that I do not have the same experiences. I have found that people mainly post reviews for bad, and especially very bad experiences.

I am assigning AT&T U-verse an average rating, primarily due to the cost. The customer service I have received from them has always been good, with the exception of my last encounter from which I blasted that rep in the survey I took about that experience. I would recommend to AT&T however that I understand it saves them money to have their call centers overseas, however hiring people that have extremely thick accents is infuriating when customers call, and having them call themselves Bill or Jack does not improve the experience and in my case makes it much worse. When I call customer service I want to be able to understand the people I am talking to. I tend to get rude on calls like that by insisting to speak to someone that speaks English, but that's just me.

Intermittent slowdowns, denial of service, and no service. I am frustrated with the quality of service of AT&T Uverse. When I call, they always polite and the problem is always directed at me. I have to go through the trouble of troubleshooting their equipment, which I do not get paid to do, and then wait on the phone for an lengthy amount of time, get switched from one line to the next. After, I get a technician, I think, they have me troubleshoot their equipment again, and then I get a confirmation # and wait 5 to 10 minutes later and the problem is magically solved for about 3 hours. I am trying to talk my wife out of this service, and looking for something else.

They are the largest economic mafia in the region who have the exclusive monopoly of Internet services in the area. At&T is one of the biggest liars and cheaters in Internet business. First when I applied for AT&T Internet service they told me giving line is free but for installation they will charge me $100. I told them I know how to install Internet, just I need a line. Their installer came and gave me a line but he told me I should pay $100 for installation too. So although I already done the installation but I couldn't contact to the internet because AT&T didn't have line on my apartment. So I had to pay to them $100. I only got internet services from them.

Then on the first month I was shocked while instead of 50$ internet bill I received $180 from them, I called to the AT&T installer man who came and installed the internet service for me and asked him, "What's the problem?" He explained to me that "AT&T also every month charged him for his internet a lot more than expected to be charged because the billing system in AT&T billing department designed to charged people much more than they suppose to pay for their bills! "...pay attention to this matter that an AT&T employee told me this shocking truth about billing software in AT&T billing department.

Then I called to their customer services, a woman who answered the phone told me, "Because of this inconvenience we want to give you a free phone services." I told her:"I don't need to a phone services" but she told me this will be free of charge! They gave me a line but even I didn't use it. I didn't have a phone set at home to use it since I always use of my cell phone, but surprisingly the second month I received another extra charge about $230 for phone and Internet services. I called them and told them that their customer service gave me this phone service free of charge as a credit for one year because you already charged me a lot of money! But they told me, "No there is nothing free credit for phone and I should pay every month for phone service." I told them:" I never used it so please disconnected my phone."

Since last January until May every month they billed me a lot of money for phone and internet and every month I had to call them and asked them to disconnect my phone services and every month their customer services told me that they disconnected the phone services! Until the last June suddenly I received $80 bill for my internet. It was a big shock. I called them and they told me because I had phone services by the May even if I didn't use it so I should pay $80 this month because the Internet service only is $54 per month! I told them, "This amount of money is more than of my budget for this month." So their customer service put two payment plan date to pay my bill, the last date was June 30, so I paid the whole of $80 with $2 more to AT&T on June 30.

But today when I called to AT&T they told me they understand that I had overpaid on June 30, but still I should pay this month $60 for my Internet that is plus fine of late payment from last month!!! I tried to explained them that their customer service by a payment plan told me I can pay my bill by June 30, but the representative who talked to me didn't accept that!!!

As I find out with my terrible awful 7 months experiences with AT&T you never can trust to AT&T customer service words... because they lying to their and cheating on their customers. As one of the AT&T employees told me, " The company's billing software is designed to automatically issue extra billing to customers." They forced their customers to signed one year contract and they forced customer to pay $180 to them if their customers for any reason like moving to another city or their bad services wants to cancel the contract with them (even if it's a few months sooner than their contract expire).

They are the worst company and the worst customer services and billing system that I deal with them on my life. I had to get very expensive AT&T services because AT&T in my area has monopoly , they don't let allow to any other Internet provider to have any activities in this area and while in other area people can only pay 30$ for the best internet service provider , AT&T took from me almost every month an average of 60$ for their Internet services. I cannot explain how much I am dissatisfied with the fraudulent and unfair way that AT&T treat with its customer I suggest to the AT&T to consider God in their business. Don't stealing from the people by extra billing them and force them to payment. Be careful about negative karma that you make for yourself and your business by this dishonest way that you treat with your customers.

First tech said he had no order for U-verse; second tech said that should not have been a problem and installed; third tech said I needed new fiber-optic wiring for internet and he could not do; fourth tech said that was silly, but still no internet, phone or changed wiring; fifth and sixth tech said they could do my Internet but not my phone; seventh tech was a no-show to install my phone. Now they have given me another date to change my phone.

We signed up for the AT&T high speed internet service. It was installed and worked great and we were told that someone would return to bury the cable. Short version (If I could rate this as zero stars I would!!!): We have been down over a week; have set up three different appointments to get this fixed and have been stood up each time - and absolute lied to every time. And after all of this, not a single call from this awful company to get this resolved. How do they stay in business.

Long version: When we returned home from a trip, our service was out and based upon what happened to a neighbor, we knew our line had been cut when buried. I contacted a rep and he had me do all kinds of stupid things (including going out in the rain to check a box outside but then informed me the box was inside). Tried more things and of course no service. This was on Thursday afternoon/evening, June 29th. He informed me I needed a service call (I knew that before I called him) but the first appointment was not available until sometime between 1 and 4 the next day, so we schedule the service.

I then began to get text messages that the tech may not be here until 3PM. Then another that said he would be here by 4PM, then another that said he would NOT be here by 4PM. Then about 5:00PM, I got a call from the tech who said HE JUST GOT THE NOTICE THAT HE NEEDED TO SERVICE MY ACCOUNT. Why was a tech rep not provided my service ticket until after he was supposed to be here??? We had to reschedule until some time between 8:30 and noon the next day, now 36+ hours after notifying them of the outage so incredibly unacceptable.

The tech I spoke to that evening was convinced that the cable was broken during burying and said the guys break cables all of the time (same thing happened to a neighbor). So, he said he would lay yet another cable. Then my yard would be marked yet again and then 7 to 10 days later someone would come again and bury the cable with a high likelihood of breaking it again. The second day (Saturday) came and went and yet again, we were stood up. We got messages that they would be here then no one showed up. Stood up twice. I called, and was told the next available date was Monday morning between 8:00AM and noon. And I lost it.

After spending over an hour on the phone and being transferred to all kinds of people, I spoke to someone who said they would be here Saturday between 4PM and 8PM. He assured me he would monitor the situation and they would show up. It is now 8:06PM and no-one has come. No text update since early this afternoon when it said a tech would be here by 8PM. I will be canceling my non-service. The absolute worst customer service experience I have ever had except for every other AT&T customer service problem I have had with AT&T for cell phone service and a previous internet experience. How they stay in business is beyond me.

It is now over a week and not a single person from AT&T has called. We still have no internet service and (to add insult to injury) every AT&T customer in our subdivision is now down. Should you choose to do business with this joke of a company, you have been warned. Save yourself the pain and go elsewhere. I have new internet service (from another company I know works) being installed this morning.

We switched our internet service about two weeks ago from Cox Communications to ATT Uverse. We have been customers of ATT phone service for about 20 years. Uverse is new to our neighborhood and we have been fed up with the ever rising cost of Cox Communications as they have been the sole provider in our area for many years. We decided it was time to switch and it has been downhill from there.

We immediately noticed our internet speeds had slowed despite being told that UVerse has the fastest speeds available. Videos were buffering, On Demand and Netflix were not working due to slow speed. We set an appt up and were assured we would be first in the queue because my husband had to be at work by 11am. He stayed until 11:30 and no one showed. He called and rescheduled to Saturday afternoon. At 8pm no one had showed or called. We called, got the run around and were rescheduled to Sunday morning. We received a text that said they were not going to make the appt. but did we want to keep it even though they were behind. Texted back yes. No one showed again.

That evening we called customer service again and asked to speak to a supervisor. After putting us on hold, we were told someone would call us back. About 15 minutes later a supervisor called us back and "assured" us (they really like the word "assured") that someone was coming that day. My husband asked to be connected to someone local so that we could get a better understanding of what was going on. We were put on hold, they came back and said that they could not reach anyone local. He then asked if we could speak to someone in the US and we were connected to someone who was very rude. He said that he spoke to dispatch and was "assured" they were coming and "what else do we want him to do"? OMG, really??? It's now Monday afternoon, no one has come, no one has called. I thought that other internet providers were bad but at least they keep their appointments. I would not recommend this service to anyone.

I called Uverse customer service to contract a bundle, their advertising is absolutely misleading!! I was supposed to get a $400 reward which did not apply and then, when I was about to hang up, they told me I was getting a discount and free HBO to get me to sign up and it was a lie! I called again and the representative took 1 hour to connect me to a supervisor. Cellphone plans are also misleading and they never tell you about all the additional charges they have. It is the worst company.

This has to be the most unprofessional, disreputable, treacherous internet/cable company I had ever encountered! Ever since they had joined with DirecTV I would spend hours on the phone; transferred from one representative to another; just to solve something so simple as a fault in the bill! And yet, every month I would find myself trying to resolve the same issue that was supposed to be clarified the month before. As if this wasn't frustrating enough, two AT&T service men came to my home to rewire my internet and asked to have access to my attic to extend the internet wires. About 2 hours of struggling to fix it, I come to find out they had broken my ladder as they were coming down the steps. The service men assured me that this would be taken care of by At&t and not to worry. So they assisted me in filing a claim.

A couple of weeks later I receive a call from a representative who supposedly handles that department and told me that unfortunately they won't fix or cover the cost for my ladder because the service guy was "walking" down the ladder and not "jumping"! This is pure irresponsible and negligence coming from a multimillion dollar company who knows very well to pocket their customers' monthly payments but lack responsibility when at fault! I am disgusted and irritated from their inadequate amount of professionalism! I will assure them that my lawyer will be involved!

AT&T level of service is disgrace in Miramar, FL. The internet is not stable, randomly dropped. No indication when the service is stopped because their modem shows everything is green. Their cell app is poorly designed. Their bill is always higher than what I sign on. All Comcast customers, before switching to AT&T Uverse, think twice. AT&T salesperson is more aggressive than Comcast ones. If the poor service continues with this alerting rate, I would cancel the service to terminate the service early.

Several months ago I bundled Directv, AT&T mobile, and purchased U-Verse internet for $30 a month. I have yet to see a lower bill by bundling. It's still all separate and very expensive. What's worse is the horrible customer service Directv provides. I love the TV portion of Directv, but the office staff is absolutely horrible. They flaunt the one call, easy move feature.

Recently I moved and when I called, I told them I had both Directv and U-Verse internet service. Guy comes out, spent 3-5 minutes at my house. I had already connected everything, he just looked at my satellite dish and said it would work for my equipment. I asked him to hook up my internet and he said, "Oh no, they sent the wrong guy - I only do Directv." He said some techs do one or the other, and some do both; but not him. So I call, get an internet tech appointment. Mind you, they had my old address, and my new one. Directv guy made it to my new address. Internet guy calls me after I waited a couple hours into my appointment time frame and he says he's in front of my house. I look out and tell him the hell he is. Come to find out, he's at my old address. I ask him if he can drive to my new address as I have been waiting - he says, "No, different district; call back for another appointment."

I do, get a slot several days later (mind you I've been paying for this service and have not had it for weeks at this point). Next appointment comes, gal calls me and says she's on her way to my house, out of curiosity I ask her, "What's the address?" She tells me my old address AGAIN!! I tell her same thing happened with my last appointment and could she come to my new address - nope, same story-out of district. This was a Sunday - they suggested I call to make sure U-Verse had my right address, because even though they bundle, apparently they don't talk to each other as far as Directv had my correct address, and even though I gave it to the dumb appointment people, they didn't update it. That would require customer service and being helpful.

On Monday I call the number to change my address with U-Verse. The girl tells me that she can help me! Thank goodness!! Finally someone! When I give her my AT&T mobile number so she can look up my account, she calls me by name, then said she would update my address. She then reads off an address I don't recognize. I ask her what is she talking about? She says "I'm telling you your address" like I'm the dumb one.

She gives me an address in Michigan, only problem is, I live in California - so unless there's been an earthquake and all the states between California and Michigan have been sucked into a hole and I'm now in the Great Lake State, we have a problem! I cannot deal with the incompetence of the office staff. Absolutely horrible. I still do not have Internet service at my not so new home, and the next available appointment with my schedule is two weeks away. I wish I had never bundled - nothing but a headache and nothing positive to say about it.

I don't know where to start with this company. I have had two terrible problems with them and they both involve what I would call stealing money! The first time my roommate and I had to threaten to go above their heads because Uverse told us we were getting a specific price on a package and they did not want to honor it. We paid too much for 3 months before they finally corrected it. The second time around they promised fees to be waived, charged me twice for them, gave one back, and cut off my service because I didn't pay the other one when I had been calling them for months to get it corrected.

Now they refuse to correct the additional payment and the reconnect fee because they shut me off for a bill I didn't need to pay. They have stolen hundreds of dollars from me because they conveniently "forget" to write notes about the service and then find it later because I make them check recordings of phone calls. I can only imagine that other people are getting robbed and not getting their money back because it takes months for AT&T to admit they're wrong! Please don't use them if you can help it. You're better off paying a little more somewhere else because these people will steal the rest!

When I switched from Time Warner, I thought no one could be worse. AT&T has really outdone them. First, the install took 3 hours longer than the 4 hours they said it would take. Second, and most annoying, they promised me a free smartwatch with no monthly charge, just a one-time activation fee. Then, after my internet equipment was installed, they quietly canceled the order for the watch. When I called customer service to see why, they first insisted that they never promised me the watch (I have an e-mail confirmation) and then said they never promised it without the $10/month fee (again, I have it in an e-mail). I got transferred over and over and no one seemed to have any idea what to do or who I was supposed to talk to.

I wasted HOURS talking to different cust serv reps. One finally ordered a different watch, since the other was now out of stock, but when I got the confirmation, they were charging me the full price for the watch, plus a monthly fee. More calls, zero help. I finally just gave up, which rankles me, just out of principle. Then, today, I get an e-mail saying my watch has shipped, but I don't know how it could have shipped, when I never agreed to the terms and conditions. Chat guy was useless, sent me back to phone cust serv, who said, "No, it didn't ship, that was just a glitch." Who the hell are these people and does any single person in this company have any clue how to do anything??? Deciding if it's worth the aggravation to cancel the service and also whether I should file a fraud complaint.

This company is so wildly incompetent that it literally sickens me!!! Never have I ever witnessed such inability to deliver from any other business--it's like a two-year-old playing in the NBA--OUT OF THEIR LEAGUE!!! I have about 53,000 examples of this incapable organization but two stand out as so hideous that all you can do is laugh... to prevent yourself from snapping in insanity. Lived in the heart of Houston, Texas in an apartment that surrounded the pool, so every apartment was open to the outdoors and had numerous large windows--right next door (literally, the next building) was a HUGE AT&T office building with an antenna atop that took up the entire roof... no service!

I've been stuck with these clowns for almost 2 years and I've probably had a working DVR through U-Verse and my recordings for a grand total of 2 months!!! I'd bet money that my time on the phone with them holding, explaining to the representative--which may as well be me trying to relay my issues to a guinea pig and performing their infuriating troubleshooting tests that you're threatened into performing no matter how many times you've already tried it before you finally break down or clear your day to deal with the whole ordeal) equals about 50 hours! And I pay THEM $270 a damn month!! May they all rot in hell--or better yet, may they all be stuck with themselves for their cable and wireless needs!! Counting down the days to the last day of this cruel and unusual punishment!!!

In 2009 I had Uverse, service was great. Forward to 6/08/17 I ordered Uverse. Less than 24 hours of service both Uverse TV and Internet Crashed. Service was down for hours! When I called customer service. The agent asked if the install tech advised me of their AT&T app. She then proceeded multiple times (over and over like a robot) to tell me I should have used the app. (Mind you I told her the internet was down also.)

Other issues: I was quoted one price for bundled services, yet charged another. Charged $30 more. A Big difference! Multiple equipment installed were faulty and needed to be replaced. (Modem and both wireless converter boxes.) Up until I canceled today 6/26/17, one TV converter kept freezing. Internet speed ordered was 25 Mbps Reality, buffering and speeds of 1.5 -14 Mbps. I called Uverse when it buffered and was told a supervisor would monitor the speeds and get back to me. Nope never happened. Show recording worked for the first few days only. After starting service I received (back to back) 6 articles of spam mail from AT&T just regarding my phone number.

And my favorite, when I canceled today (6/26/17), before the 30-day trial, the Supervisor stated if I canceled I would get hit with an early termination fee. This was after she had me on hold looking into my account. Yes, I screen shot pics of our "app convo" to prove this! Btw, when I tried to cancel service I had to go thru four (4) people. Not including the two (2) from this past Friday. This is ridiculous! The only way I was transferred to the cancellation department was after I asked for The Corporate number and she gave me their general number. Only after I stated I would contact the BBB and Yelp did she forward my request. If Uverse worked out the kinks it could be a great product.

Customer service in the Vernon Hills, IL store are very UNPROFESSIONAL. They could not download contacts from my old sim card to the new phone. They told me that impossible. Only fifth man could transfer all contacts on my phone. I spent 2 hours for that. Thank you for "good "service.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.
  • 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.
  • Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.
  • Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.
  • On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.
  • Best for Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

Compare Internet Service Providers