AT&T Uverse

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It took many months to finally decide on which provider to choose for a cable and internet service. I finally choose AT&T as my service provider. AT&T provided an appointment set for Monday, to connect my new service in my home. I took the day off from my busy work schedule, and they never called me or even showed up. Then I called AT&T for my concerns, they then rescheduled for the next following Monday. Yet again I took another day off, I had to use a vacation day. AT&T service failed to appear on their set appointment.

The following Friday as I depart from my house, AT&T tech arrives. I am then greeted very kindly, says "Hello I'm here to install your service with AT&T". Everything was going well with Pete the AT&T technician. As he's wrapping up installing the service, Pete's Manager named Rodger shows up to my home. As Rodger arrived I had to depart to leave my wife alone with Pete and his manager Rodger. I assumed that they would wrap up and Rodger the manager was overseeing for quality control.

Then the following night, My wife woke up frightened from a nightmare. Next day my wife tells me that she wants security cameras around our home. I plead and ask "Why, what is going on?" My Wife then tells me the incident that happened with AT&T Manager Rodger. While they were finishing up installing our AT&T service, my wife was walking down the entry hall to our home, she hears sexual gestures from behind, quickly turn and to see Rodger the AT&T manager by himself in the entry hall. Rodger from AT&T then spurts out "DAMN GIRL" and ignores my apparent disgust and walks away from the house.

I have DirecTV and was able to finally afford a bundle package for the internet and DirecTV service. First installation the tech did not give concise information when installing; had to keep asking him questions. After install, the following day I did not have internet service. I called on the weekend and they confirmed that I did not have service because of an outside line issue. The woman scheduled a tech for Tues., May 2 and said he would call before he came and take care of the outside and inside problem.

Tuesday came and went and no technician; I called AT&T and they said the "outside tech" did come, and another inside tech had to come also and I would have to schedule another separate appointment. The AT&T customer service did not tell me this when I first made the appointment with her. If I wouldn't have called, I would still be waiting with no second appointment having been made by AT&T. I then scheduled for the inside tech for Thursday, May 4 between 5:00 and 8:00 p.m. Again, no technician came to my home, nor did I receive a call. I called again last night at 7:30 p.m., May 4 and the Customer Service contacted dispatch and there was no technician ever scheduled for my home. The customer service man was very concerned and said this had happened to another customer last week. He set another appointment for this evening, Friday May 5 between 5:00 and 8:00 p.m.

There are no words to describe how upset I am with AT&T UVerse. There is clearly a problem in communications since AT&T took over and combined with DirecTV. If I could, at this point, I would cancel all services, and find another TV cable carrier and internet service provider. I have gone through too much time and trouble and already have a satellite installed. In summary I still do not have internet service which was suppose to be active April 22, 2017. I would like to have the opportunity to forward my concerns directly to someone in the highest authority at AT&T. The best I could do was to have the customer service man tell me that he would let his supervisor know. The customer service person was Daniel at 800-288-2020. As far as the rating goes, one star is one too many. Thank you for the opportunity to express my concerns on this website.

I have been an AT&T customer for several years and have never had a problem until my recent move. I knew my contract was running out so I called to renew my plan and see if there were any promotions going on that I could take advantage of. I set up all of my services via chat. Everyone on chat has always been very kind and helpful! Everything was set up for installation on May 2 and the guys that came to install my equipment were awesome! Very polite and professional.

However, before I moved I changed the card on my auto payment for my bills and was asked to manually pay my bill for this billing cycle. Not a problem until the guy on chat tells me my bill will be $182. I ask him to break down the charges and he does. I tell him this doesn't seem right and he reduces the bill to $122 (Approximately). I was very pleased with the service and grateful for the reduction! I had no issue paying the $122. Well, I get back on chat with billing today to pay my bill and low and behold nothing on my account has been changed and it still says I owe $182. The kind person on chat got me in touch with her manager who said there was "Nothing she could do about that." I calmly explained that I spoke with someone via chat a few weeks ago and the bill was reduced to $122 but she says she won't honor that.

I was very unhappy because I had already worked all of this out with the AT&T representative via chat. I expressed that this is not what I was told and she needed to honor it because that's what was quoted. However, she refused. She said that the charges were valid and she doesn't know why it was reduced in the first place. I told her as a customer it was VERY frustrating that she and her chat team were not on the same page. I mean, what's the point of using chat if nothing actually carries over? So, I finally agreed to pay the $182 (Even though by this point I am beyond pissed off) just to shut her up.

The second issue came when she was quoting me next month's bill, which she quoted what I expected but then added on an extra $50 activation fee for my new services. My problem isn't with the fee, my problem is that I was never informed that this was even a thing. I tried to explain this to her but she wasn't having it. She told me she wasn't going to remove the fee because it was a "Valid Charge." I told her it wasn't valid if nobody ever told me about it and she had every option to remove the charge because she's a manager. I also explained that I live in an area where I can use any service provider that I want and do not have to use AT&T.

Moral of the story is: The people on chat must have more authority to change things than the actual managers (Insert eye roll). She lied about not being able to reduce the bill. DO NOT USE AT&T... Not due to the guys out in the field or quality of TV/Internet service but because of the TERRIBLE customer service from managers and hidden fees.

The manager also kept telling me that "The good thing is I was one of the lucky customers that was allowed to renew their promotion"... Um, it's a new promotion and the people I talked to get this done told me to call back when I'm ready to renew my contract and they'll find a new promotion that I can take advantage of (Either she lied or she's an idiot. One or both is possible). I have been a very pleased AT&T customer for many years but WILL NOT BE RENEWING MY CONTRACT! And just for the record, I'm not one to be ugly about these kinds of things but this was absolutely ridiculous. I'm very understanding and a "Don't shoot the messenger" kind of girl.

We started our DirecTV account approx. 5 years ago and the experience was positive. We moved to Utah in June of 2015. We came back to our residence at ln Long Beach Ms. in Aug to get our furniture and other belongings. Went back to Utah in Sept. and in Oct. I came back to finish getting house ready to sell so I started an AT&T internet account because we previously cancelled our Cable One internet a few months earlier. I had problems with AT&T from the start. They promised a gift card in 2 weeks and after 20 calls and 5 months I finally got it. Dec. of 2015 I called DirecTV to get instructions to send equipment back, cancel the services starting Jan 2016 and left the house to go to Utah on Jan. 2nd 2016.

I had my parents take the equipment to UPS or FedEx. I don't remember specifically which. They assured me they did and they still remember doing it. In Aug of 2016 AT&T started taking unauthorized payments for various unknown amounts until we found out Jan./Feb 2017 that this was going on and tried to rectify it. We have been promised refunds and call backs which never happen. I have 2 legal pad pages of contacts, order numbers, insults directed at my wife and I and still getting billing notices. The account has been cancelled twice and each time they still billed the next month.

I am really disappointed in their customer service. They are continuously disconnecting me which gives me a restoral fee every month. So my bill has been double of what I expected for the past 4 months. I have not yet received a bill to even know when my bill is due and when I talk to customer care she had no resolution or compensation for this disadvantage that I was in... Hopefully with "my" idea to update and send me a physical bill this will resolve the issue... However I will still not set up auto pay because of the recurring extra charges and lack of trust that I have in this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

I'm making time to save you the pain I'm experiencing. Never let them disconnect your internet until you are sure they have all cables/wires connected properly and turn your service on through their line by you looking at the technician eye to eye and he's confirmed he has everything he needs to turn service on. My experience...

Rates were too high ($180 monthly) at Time Warner, now Spectrum. So thought the bundled phone, internet, TV plan with U-verse sounded ideal $90 monthly with zero installation fees, and they could make the switch in less than a week. That was in March, and today's date is May 2nd. In March 2017 the U-verse TV man said that he had to disconnect my internet to install the TV but the internet tech ("a separate department") would be there within hours to complete the rest of the job. Waited, no one shows, I have no internet, they never came.

2 weeks later, after reconfirming new appt. nothing sooner than 2 weeks, (I attempted to escalate went nowhere). I waited again on the 2nd reschedule to learn that they rescheduled a third time without telling me (I'm not kidding). The 3rd reschedule could only happen another 2 weeks of waiting only to find out that the tech who knocked on my door said he didn't have the right cable outside my home to connect. They instead ordered the buried wire cable guys to run a new cable (took 2 weeks to complete the work order). Then a 4th reschedule to get my service turned on (I live in the Austin City limits mind you) they said that they can't be here today between the 8 to 12 window and have to reschedule.

At this point they say they will be here today to complete the work instead between 12 and 4 pm. Meanwhile, I've used my own cell phone/hotspot data plan spent $350+ so far and that's going cheap through StraightTalk Wal-Mart. I work from home, use data. Impacted my business and they don't care about delivering the service. All they want to do is sign you up, to move on to the next victim. If I would have read these articles prior, I would gladly pay for peace at a higher price than have to deal with this circus. I'll be back to share what happens next. Save yourself time though. Beware!

My Account # is **. I returned my equipment (DVR) on the 14th of December last year (in 2016) but was charged $ 170+ for modem that I never had (I never had internet service from AT&T). It has been 6 months and I haven't still been refunded as of May 2017.

I left Spectrum to go to AT&T thinking I was going to a better company. Boy was I SO wrong. I wasn't even a month in before I started having problems. When I use the house phone the Internet goes out. I never heard of anything like that. I had to call three time before one of their reps thought to send somebody out. On top of that they talking about charging me 100$ for a problem they haven't even looked at yet. So if you're thinking about leaving your internet company for AT&T DON'T!!!

If I could give it zero stars, I would. Seems fair since I still don't have service and no installation AND no hint of a new installation date! I have spent 4 plus hours on the phone trying to get this resolved... getting transferred, getting told I have to call tech support because they can't get the old owners account shut down (WTF!). They had me ask my realtor to call to say I purchased the house (again WTF). I did and he called them, but then no... suddenly it's still not resolved. Three transfers and at least six on holds later, I'm back holding for customer service again and have been told I'll likely need to talk to sales again too. All this started because the old homeowner did not cancel his service and of course did not pay his bill.

AT&T sent me an email on a Friday before a Monday installation which I did not see until Monday... but it really wouldn't have mattered since they provided an incorrect call back number. Since this is such a huge problem, I suggest in the future they check on past due bills for the service address while they are on the phone with the person ordering the new service. I've now gotten hung up on twice in the last ten minutes. It just keeps getting worse! This is going to cause me to lose my home phone number and of course I won't have internet service after today. Anyone want to take bets that they're going to send me emails about this (even though I've already explained that I will no longer have access after today)?!

I would not recommend AT&T internet or services to anyone. Moved last Nov and had AT&T internet, phone and TV installed at new house. The internet has super slow and not worked right since day one and the prices charged were more than quoted when the order was placed. Have tried customer service several times but didn't help and was a waste of time. Had to keep asking for a paper bill because the internet was so bad it kept timing out when I tried to get into the site to check the bill. I had asked for a paper bill from the start and never said I wanted to go paperless. They put me in for paperless anyway and wouldn't send a paper one. I did get a bill in Feb but it was for Dec which was no help. Finally got a paper bill after 5 months and found that I was being charged items and services I never wanted or ordered. Called back and kept telling them this and they kept giving me a song and dance.

They kept saying things like the person I needed to talk to was tied up and they would call back. Still waiting for that call. After several more calls I talked to a supervisor and they said that it looked like there was indeed a problem with the internet and they would have someone from the tech dept call me back and set up an appointment to check it out. That was on March 3rd & still waiting on the call back. Finally called them again and told them to come and take out their equipment since it didn't work, the added charges I didn't order and the fact they were not doing anything to correct the problem I was switching to a new provider. At this time they decided to look into the issues I was having. They set up an appointment to have someone come and look at the internet problem on March 24th.

As of this date nobody has shown up or called back. I did make some headway with DirecTV but it took 4 appointments before they got it straight. The phone and the internet were still messed up and they are not doing anything about it. I have since changed the phone and internet to a different provider and it works great. The only time AT&T can contact me about anything is when they are looking for money but when it comes to addressing the issues I am having with the company it's like talking to the wall. I finally had to contact the Tenn Dept of Consumer Protection and file a complaint.

I just switched from Comcast to U-verse after fiber was installed in my neighborhood. Looked good on paper. The internet speed is faster some of the time, but not all the time. At first I saw a noticeable difference, but running speed tests of various types show that I went from consistent Comcast 30 MBPS to AT&T intermittent 40 MBPS though I pay for 50 MBPS. Similar experience as the other 1 star reviews with customer service. I was told my phone cellular phone bill with AT&T would be subject to a discount as well. Not so fast they tell me now. "Who told me that?" they wondered. No resolution. Bait and switch.

I don't like the U-verse service. The 350 channels we were given did not match what the rep told us at purchase. We lost half the premium channels we had with Comcast and the channel line up is so odd, not organized in any format that makes watching very easy. We don't watch that much TV, but it's an aggravation when we do. Movies on Demand are $1.00 at least more expensive than with Comcast and U-verse makes it difficult to navigate to Netflix and other services like Hulu. The remote is not very intuitive, but in fairness, I haven't spent an hour trying to figure it out either.

The worst part of this is that the Consumer Affairs people, God, unknown more intelligent beings in the universe and Zeus will not change this issue with them. All these remarks just make us feel better after being lied to and disrespected by the AT&T after the sales. The really don't care. Their corporate motto is: Today, our mission is to connect people with their world, everywhere they live and work, and to do it better than anyone else. Lot of empty words there. Just call for help and find out the mission statement is an empty promise.

Let's start at the beginning. We cancelled services with AT&T including our DirecTV on 1/29/2017 after we called and told them that Xfinity was cheaper. They wouldn't move on their pricing. So we signed with Xfinity and called to cancel a few days later. AT&T then went down the road offering us better rates - it was too late. Then I received an invoice in March for February services. I called to ask why I was getting a bill and they said that I needed to pay it so it didn't go to collections but that they would then issue a credit once the paperwork was confirmed receiving the Directv boxes. I paid the $133. Now I get the run around about where my credit is and every week get a different story. Sometimes it's a check coming. Sometimes it is a card coming. Sometimes it is coming from Directv. Sometimes it is coming from AT&T.

My frustration is enormous and they have a set up where they just keep transferring to different departments that keep "researching" but I still can't get my credit. The other big bonus is that over time I call or get transferred, I get someone who is trying to see me the AT&T services again. I have told this story to everyone at AT&T who will listen. They all apologize but as of today, I was just told another 10 days to get the card for the credit. When I went on this website, I saw lots of negative posts regarding AT&T and yet they appear to be able to jack anyone around. How does that make any sense?

I changed from Cox to AT&T 2 years ago (signed contract). During those 2 years we had numerous problems with the service. It was very difficult to communicate with them. Spent hours on the phone trying to remotely correct problems, which usually resulted in us having to return the equipment and re-installing new equipment. At the end of the 2 years my bill doubled! I cancelled the service at the end of the contract and AT&T is still billing me! I am on my 3rd call to try and make sure they cancel the service. Each time I speak to someone they "assure" me that it is cancelled and I will get my refund for the overbilling. On a couple of occasions I got a customer service representative that could barely speak English! I do not recommend AT&T services for Telephone-Cable or Internet services.

I cancel my Uverse and internet service with AT&T and I have been calling in the last 3 weeks asking for my check and they keep telling me that it will be here in 3 to 5 days. Today called and they tell me that it won't come till the end of May. Why do they get by keeping my money but if I paid my bill later I would have a penalty? We should get interest on the money that is mine that they are keeping. I have wireless service through them and I will be going shopping for other service provider. I would not recommend them to anyone.

I've had nothing but problems with the billing since the beginning. The billing is never consistent with what they quoted me on the phone. Somehow 100% of my payments were getting sent to one entity so my DirecTV showed a credit while my U-verse internet showed a delinquency and late fees upon late fees. Then my service was disconnected twice "at my request" with no notes in my account and a credit on my bill. After that mysteriously the bills got separated and I received notices about canceling my DirecTV. Even after calling I received return shipping boxes in the mail and daily calls from an agency threatening collects if I didn't return the boxes.

After several phone calls and hours spent on the phone that was resolved and things were quiet for 6 months. I called ahead of time when my 12 month promotion ended so as to not get hit with a surprise bill. Well 4 month later the bill doubles and no one at AT&T U-verse knows what I'm talking about. The representative tells me he can't listen to the recorded calls because it's against the law (LIE) Version and Time Warner and other utility calls have done it for me and reported back. I also had it done to me when I was a CSR. Then he assures me that my service was install in May 2016 when it was December 2015 when I moved into my new home and I have payments to prove it. Now after getting transferred 4 times I was disconnected.

Bad service. Customer service is rude. Only retention department is nice because they know another customer is about to drop off their bad service. 3 tech have come out to my house because the internet disconnects constantly as well as the cable. My bill is supposed to be $119, but now is $146.00. Not sure how. I just called customer service and the rep speaks little English. I hung up because she put me on hold and this is like call number 30 to them. I am sort of stuck because Comcast is just as bad as they are. And they are my second option:-( I give AT&T Uverse a -5 STAR. I Could only press 1 star because they don't have anything lower.

On Feb 10, 2017 I used Uverse's website to make a payment of 200.00 to be drafted from my bank account. On 2/13 payment posted and cleared my bank. However, on 2/14/2017 and second duplicate payment of 200.00 was presented to my bank which I had rejected. I immediately called AT&T and was told no such duplicate payment exists and that they can only see the original payment submitted on 2/10, so therefore something is wrong with my bank. On 2/17/2017 this duplicate payment was resubmitted to my bank, which I rejected again. After approx 10 calls I finally got someone who instructed me to email my bank statements for research. After no one ever calls me back, I reached out only to be told that my bank return the original payment from 2/13, which actually did cleared my bank. My statements clearly show this yet AT&T refused to rectify this.

I changed phones today from Apple to an AT&T Nokia. ** at shop put in new sim card. Didn't even test it!!! :((( So I drive to Nevada thinking phone was fine. Fired it up... says "no sim card". Called tech/customer service. They couldn't get it to work. And oh by the way... can you go down to a AT&T store to get it fixed. They want me to waste 2 hours of my life because they are so arrogant and inept! Never again with this company. If I were in AT&T management I would be absolutely embarrassed with a 1-2 rating. They DON'T CARE! Get in and get them the hell out of the store as quick as possible! I will NEVER use another AT&T device or service. I come from a big family. My goal is to get at least TEN of them to cancel their service.

I have been a DirecTV customer since 2007. February 2016 a representative from AT&T called and said that I could bundle my DirecTV with AT&T U-verse internet for a fee of $106.11 a month for 12 months. I accepted and my nightmare began. The first bill was $315.56. I was shuffled back and forth between the DirecTV customer service and ATT Uverse. Each company blamed the other. Heed my warning!! Stay away from ATT bundle packages. I had never had an issue with DirecTV until now. Every month the bill is significantly higher than the $106.11 I agreed to. Every month I had to call to get shuffled between customer service, customer loyalty, customer retention and every time I was told different rates sometimes on the same phone call by different people.

I talked to the rudest POS one could imagine April 17, 2017. She canceled my Internet as soon as I got off the phone. Talked to another gentleman from customer retention 20 minutes later. He apologized offered an even lower price. He tried to turn my Internet back on to no avail. He transferred me to tech support who still had no success turning back on what the Rude POS had just turned off.

Tech support arranged for a technician to come to my house April 19th between the hours of zero 8:30 and 12:30. The technician arrived about 9 o'clock and when she looked up my account it showed no internet service whatsoever even though I had previously had internet service for well over a year with them. The technician tried to restore my internet service with no success. She called her boss on her system as I was simultaneously on hold with customer service, customer retention, customer loyalty and tech support for approximately 3 hours to be told by the last person at Customer Loyalty (Bertha in West Virginia) that I would have to pay a $99 installation fee to turn back on equipment that was already installed.

This is the last straw. I'm canceling all my services with DirecTV and ATT Uverse. The technician told me she and other ATT employees complain of the same thing. Agree to one price and billed significantly higher every month. I hope this turns into a class action lawsuit. STAY AWAY FROM ATT DIRECTV BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM!!!

I had at&t and DirecTV installed as a bundle deal on 4/13/17. By 4/15/17 I had no internet service and the TV signal kept dropping. An AT&T technician came out and determined the problem was at their "CO" (hub). He couldn't fix it so put in a ticket. Never fixed, no correspondence from at&t. Kids couldn't do homework and I just kept getting the runaround. 6th day without service I cancelled service. I was told since I was in a 30-day window no charges (per salesman and first CSR rep I spoke to. WRONG. Over $400 cancellation fee for services I never received plus I have to do all the work returning their equipment.

AT&T/DirecTV are scam artists. You call their customer service and they never have any notations regarding the last 10 times you called. Horrible customer service and they never even apologized for me never having service. They were only interested in telling me about all the cancellation fees they were gladly sending me. At&t directv are trying to come into my neighborhood to compete with COX Cable. I'm informing all my neighborhood how they did me and how much time and money their 9 days of no service cost me.

BEWARE OF AT&T. The only reason I agreed to try AT&T was because I was assured by the salesman that the installation fee of $99 would not be charged if I canceled before 30 days. I didn't like the patchy service and ended up using it for only 9 days before I canceled. Two months later I received a bill for $117.11. I disputed the bill, had to call back three times, and endured multiple transfers before a "manager" told me the installation charges will not be reversed. Twenty years ago I was erroneously billed by AT&T. The company's policies have obviously not changed. I will never attempt to do business with this company again. I propose you do the same.

Worst company ever!!! Started out with DirecTV and LOVED them, never had an issue. Moved homes and ATT have an offer that was SUPPOSED TO BE CHEAPER and not over $115 so I went with it. Ha. It's 4 months later and I'm still getting hit with all these "fees" and nonsense bills at $165. I literally have to call every single month multiple times to fix my bill. Because one person says, "Yes I will fix that for you," but then it doesn't get fixed. I even speak to managers who say, "We will get this sorted out," and nothing ever gets sorted out. I returned my equipment for my DirecTV account (which is also ATT because they are joint companies now) and without me knowing, they sent my account to collections because they never received my old equipment in the mail!!!

I called them and SUCH A COINCIDENCE they happened to "find my missing equipment”. Manager said in 6 days I'd get a callback to review everything and take that collections off my account. It's been more than 6 days and guess what... No phone call... I'm still in collections. No surprise there. ATT is by far the WORST cable/internet/phone provider out there! They rip people off. Their employees are clueless at their job, or they just don't care?

I go online to ATT website for ATT customer support but the number on ATT website ends up at the DIRECTV center... Like what the heck people!? Even people at DirecTV seem clueless as to what is going on on the ATT side of things. They say ATT and DirecTV are "the same company" now but they don't even communicate with each other. I have a friend who is DirecTV employee and says ever since ATT stepped into the picture... DirecTV has gone downhill. Save your money, stress, hair loss, anger for something else people! Don't get ATT!

Moved from Cincinnati to San Antonio Apr 2016. Searched and found AT&T, as internet provider and the best internet plan I could get involved getting a landline for the promotional rate. Promotional rate ended while I was out of country, 2 weeks ago, and now they've charged the $32 for the landline. For the past 3 days, I've called and also had 3 chat sessions, to try to resolve this, since Apr 17, 2017, and get a better rate/less expensive plan. Somehow, their system reset my passcode and favorite restaurant answers. These answers are needed before a rep can further assist or a chat can proceed to the "useful stage".

They say a manager will call me and are probably using the number listed on my account, which is probably the landline, that I've never connected/used. I've requested a call back on my cell, after providing my account number, full name, and cell #. Hell will freeze over before I get a return call because it's been 3 days. Now, they're telling me to go to nearest AT&T store to reset my passcode. This is beyond ludicrous and absolutely the worse customer service I've ever had. I just need to find another internet provider to switch.

I have been helping my sister with her AT&T and DirecTV bundled package. Around the beginning of January I contacted AT&T. My sister would be canceling her whole package, internet, telephone, and tv service. The cancellation occurred January 5. However not one person over at least 3 calls said to contact DirecTV separately. The billing for all services were on one bill and only one phone number. She received a bill in April for past due amount. I called the ATT number and at that point said they would transfer me to DirecTV. I explained I had not received service from them since January 5 but their reply was I didn't let them know, I have spent at least a couple of hours trying to resolve the issue. No one can or will remove the charges.

I have an account with AT&T Residential (Internet and DirecTV). Last year AT&T offered me a contract for 2 years with DirecTV and AT&T. Now, after only one year of contract the bill increased in $84.15. I called customer service of AT&T. The representative Valentina was focused only in enroll me to receive text message in my phone. She transferred me with another representative, Jayson, who listened the entire problem and hung up the call. They are supposed to call me back, but never happened. AT&T is disrespectful and unprofessional and this that happened now happened too with previous contracts and nothing happen for the head of AT&T. They win each year more money. I hate you, AT&T. I don’t recommend AT&T to my friends.

I got internet and phone in March 2017. It never worked properly. It drops off every few minutes. Phone pauses every few minutes as well. Signals are sooo weak that no device work properly. Streaming stops. On top of this I got huge bill including installation charges that were never supposed to be there! I stayed over the phone to cancel the service and I was told to allow a technician to come & fix one more time and have a certificate from the technician saying that he cannot fix it then only I can cancel. Other option is to break the contract and pay the penalty!! Internet and phone has never worked and still I cannot cancel the service! I did not have much problem with cellphones but they have been charging sooo high. I am sooo unhappy about that...

From all angles AT&T U-verse is the absolute worst. They installed the Wi-Fi at our house and it was working when the technician was there, then it stopped working when he left. We called only to deal with a condescending customer service lady. After 15 minutes on the phone, she scheduled a service call for a technician to come on a Monday evening. Monday comes and no technician comes. So we call again to find out what happened and deal with a customer service lady who is completely incompetent. I could barely understand her and she kept putting me on hold. The phone call lasted 30 minutes because she kept putting me on hold, and she scheduled another service call for a technician to come the next day. She said I will get a confirmation call the next morning.

The next morning I receive no confirmation call (surprise surprise). I called again and deal with another customer service agent. He wasn't too bad, but he kept putting me on hold. The whole call lasted 40 minutes and I was on hold for probably 30 minutes of that time. He tells me that they have no record of a service request for this evening - meaning that lady I spoke to last night just didn't schedule it. He scheduled another one for tomorrow evening even though I kept telling him I originally scheduled one for today. I am so fed up with this company. Their service doesn't even work and their customer service people are incompetent. And the worst part is that we're paying for a service that doesn't even work. If they don't come today to fix our Wi-Fi, we're cancelling. We had Charter in the past and had no issues with them.

Absolutely the worst TV channel selection--if you get the basic package it is all home shopping type channels. Not worth the money of $90/month for basic service! Also, the service is constantly interrupted and you have to go through numerous steps to get it to work properly--both for TV and internet.

I subscribe to U-verse because they had wireless cable boxes, I've had them for about six month and it's been nothing but a nightmare. Can not watch an entire TV program without losing streaming, if I use more than one wireless item (cell phone, computer, etc.) I lose all service. Customer service is outsource so there is very poor communication. Because this is my summer home, I say to myself it will get better the next and it never does. It's time to change carrier. Stay away from AT&T. They don't care.

Currently living in South Korea, bought a home in Hendersonville, TN. My son went to live there in March mainly to try to get everything set up before I retire to that home. Through website, set up the installation of phone, internet and television. Received confirmation and an appointment for March 20 and AT&T was made aware that my son would be on site. The day came and they showed up for about 10 minutes and said they would need to come back. One week later, he called. Customer service was vague and said someone would be out. No one showed. Called again, vague communication and nothing happened. Called again and was told that since I made the request I would have to call.

Korea is 13 hours ahead of TN. So, I went on the chat line. Almost 2 hours later and 3 customer service representatives, someone came on and said that they could not complete the set up. I asked why and they said that there was no "box" at the address. OK, why couldn't someone tell my son who is well over 21? Why did it take almost a month to communicate that they could not do the installation? Apologies but no explanation. They had my email on the request form and no one contacted me as well. It could have been a simple solution. But, no.

As we are going back and forth, they are asking questions that indicate they did not know of my request. Example: what was my phone number on site, the previous provider wouldn't release the number, etc. I had to remind them that I was a new customer and asking for new services. OH, they claimed. Then I asked when would services be available. They couldn't tell me. What???? This is a nice neighborhood and I could have moved on IF there had been communication. It says that AT&T has about 98% of the services in TN. I will be one of the 2% that does not.

Compare Internet Service Providers