AT&T Uverse

AT&T Uverse
Shop on FYI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

AT&T U-verse gives you access to live television on a pool of more than 55,000 channels as well as movies and apps on demand. AT&T no longer offers U-verse, but existing customers’ plans are not affected. If you’re interested in AT&T’s television services, read our review of AT&T TV.

AT&T Uverse Shop on FYI

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

AT&T Uverse Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Uverse?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T U-verse?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

For 5 months they were charging me for Internet services which they never provided and when I disputed their Internet bills, they disconnected my Directv while the Directv services were fully paid and the TV and Internet services were never bundled. This what customers get when Feds allow the merging of AT&T and Directv.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I have had this service for more than 2 years at an my old home address. I moved to a new address on February and moved my service over. From day 1 the internet quality was horrible. I could not connect 2 electronics at the same time. I am not even talking about gaming, only two cellphones. I called customer service 2 months ago and their answer was: "If we send the technician and you don't have a problem then you will have to pay $129 for the visit." How would I know what the problem is? I called to cancel and now I have to pay $75 in cancellation fees. It is unbelievable that on the year 2020 they keep charging cancellation fees and these hidden fees everywhere. I am very disappointed with this service.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

I have been using AT&T in some capacity for nearly 25 years, from home phone, to cell phone, to internet service. A few months ago I upgraded from their 25/mbps service to their so called gigabit service. They love to advertise you get up to 1000/mps download speeds, but that is far for the truth. I NEVER got the full 1000 which was expected, but after the first week of the service I was lucky to get over 400 even on my PC which is HARDWIRED. They keep telling me wifi will be slower and I KNOW that, but when I tell them I don't use wifi on my PC, they have no explanation and just blame "my equipment", failing to take responsibility for their junk service. Even the tech who came out here blamed my equipment when he could clearly see my PC was hardwired.

Yes, I know my wifi devices will be slower, but hardwire shouldn't be so slow as well. Today as of 8/26/2020, my wifi connection is 0.36 mbps! (Yes you read that right 0.36!). Hardwire as of today is 250mbps and this is after multiple restarts of the gateway. At 250/mbps its even SLOWER than their 300 mbps plan, yet they are charging me for 1000/mbps which I never get; this should be illegal.

Calling them is useless because once you get through their annoying automated crap system complete with infuriating fake typing noises, you get reps who just read from a script telling you its all your fault and their service is somehow perfect. AT&T has gone from a decent company to a company that filled with lies and fraud. If you're thinking about getting AT&T internet, DON'T. They will rip you off and blame YOU for it.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

AT&T has been my phone service provider for many years. When I moved across the country it made sense to give their internet service a try if not just for the convenience of paying both phone and internet on one app. It was one of the worst mistakes I’ve made in my life—not hyperbole. I called and set up an appointment on July 29th and was told a tech could not make it to our apartment until the August 6th. When the tech arrived he looked around and informed us that while our building had fiber, our unit did not, and that we would need to have it installed. He left and said he would be “right back”. I never saw this man again! He never came back, so I called his cell. He said he would need to speak with his supervisor.

After 3 days passed I called. He did not call back, and would not answer my calls. Then I called corporate customer service and they said nothing had been scheduled! In fact, the system showed that the tech never showed up! So I rescheduled for a 2nd appointment and called customer service OVER 4 MORE TIMES to make 100% sure that the next tech would install fiber, and everyone confirmed this was the case. However, this appointment was 2 weeks out now, so we waited. On the day of the 2nd appointment the tech ran 2 hours late, then called me to say he was on the way. Because of my skepticism, I let him know about the fiber needing to be installed, assuming no one was competent enough to let the tech know. He paused and said, “well, it will be a waste of my time For me to come out since the fiber is not installed; you need to have someone come out and install that.” I was blown away!

He then told me to call him the next day cause he sent an email inquiring about the fiber install. I hung up and immediately called customer service—mind you each call to CS runs between 30 minutes to 2 hours. They told me that there was some work being done in the building, and that I would be contacted in 24 hours about a 3rd tech coming to install the fiber. I then called my building’s leasing office and they said that no one was working on the building. I waited the 24 hours, and no one called back! I called the 2nd tech’s cell phone and he said that he would call his supervisor and call back. I waited all day and he never called. Once again, I called CS and the rep stayed on the phone with me for over 1.5 hours and couldn’t resolve the issue in the system (didn’t know there was one). She said she’d call me back before the end of the work day because I was on hold for so long—never called back.

I called CS the next day and was on the phone for a whopping 2 hours. The rep suggested I cancel my account and make a new one! After all that! I asked to cancel my account and said I was going with another provider and that took another 20 minutes. Unbelievable! My wife works from home and this nightmare ate up all of our data since we have been using hotspots. I’m just so frustrated and angry. Comcast will be here in a week. Fingers crossed. My advice is run. You will waste an absurd amount of time dealing with this circus. I spoke with over 12 people total over the span of a month and still couldn’t get internet. I’m even considering changing to another phone provider after our contracts are up.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

They came out and didn't even see or check with us to see if they had fixed it! Still not working! My family and I work hard, my wife and her parents and I have 4 of our younger grandkids living with us, and the bill is always paid, but the customer service is very bad, and so is the service. Please do not deal with this company. I am posting everything that is true about the way they have treated a 78 year old woman and a 80 year old man, and a bunch of young kids!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

I made the mistake of switching to AT&T Uverse from Spectrum. The problems 1gb up and down, which it does provide - WHEN IT WORKS. In the first week of service the Internet has gone down multiple times (at the outside box level, so the problem wasn't in the house), and AT&T won't come out the same day to fix the problem so you're just screwed. I strongly advise avoiding this company like the plague. If their service is this bad for brand new customers that you THINK they'd want to keep happy while still in the 30 day refund period, how bad will the support be once you're OUTSIDE of the refund period?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

I have always loved AT&T Uverse. They offered East and West channels and always had better prices than Comcast or Wow. Recently I decided to go back to Uverse and learned it has been changed to AT&T TV. I thought I would give it a look because they promised a 7 day free trial and 14 days to cancel if I was unhappy. I signed up on Wednesday. Logged in Wednesday night and found that it is exactly like Sling TV just with more channels and twice the price. I called on Thursday and cancelled the service. On Friday, I saw a charge to bank account from AT&T for 85.36 for the first month of service. I called in to question the charge and told me once it post on Monday, I can call in and then they will issue me a paper check refund. So to sum it up:

1. It is exactly like Sling with the buffering issues and commercial issues.
    2. It is twice the price of sling.
    3. There is no free trial, they will bill you as soon as you access the service

4. They will only refund you by paper mailed check to the address on file.

Beware and be careful. Uverse was amazing but AT&T Tv is as bad if not worse than Comcast billing.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I’m pretty happy with the service, until, I moved my service a year ago, I found out a few days ago it started my contract over. Then I had a box to go out and they started my contract over again. Then My promotion ended and they tried to start my contract over again. This is how they get you when you want to change providers.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I've had U-Verse for a while and been happy with everything until tonight. Get home after a very long day and suddenly I need a User id and password to watch TV. Enter the same one I use to get to their website but it's no good.. Finally get on with chat agent who directs me to a dead link to reset password, then by the time I get back to chat it's expired and they're done for the evening at 9pm. Absolutely useless... No one can tell me why all of a sudden I need a user id and password to watch TV, but lots of apologizing for the inconvenience.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Don’t sign up.. You never get the same answer twice on the phone and the speed is not accurate. I have their speed test app and it’s bogus. I was disconnected for non payment and ran a speed test and it said I was at 987 speed out of 1000. I didn’t even have service!!!! It has been a horrible experience.

AT&T U-verse author review by ConsumerAffairs

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team