AT&T Uverse

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

All is good and dandy until you try to downgrade or cancel your service. I spoke to a rep - Becky - to cancel my TV, but keep my Internet. I directly asked her if I would still have unlimited data if I canceled cable. She said yes. She then offered to lower my price slightly from around $70 to $67--I said fine. A minute later, I get a confirmation e-mail saying my price is $88/month and my data limit is 1000GB. I call back and this time get a rep who is clearly not in the U.S. She talks in circles and does not offer any solutions. Her supervisor comes on and basically tells me "too bad, we can't give you unlimited data." When I ask why they don't stand behind what their reps say, he says they are not responsible for their reps giving inaccurate information... i.e. lying. What a scam!!

Worst customer service experience in my 42 years. My Uverse began to have intermittent disruptions weeks about 4 weeks ago. I took off of work to be at home for 4 hours since it is not possible for AT&T to give you a exact appointment time. The tech arrived and was very nice. He said he found the issue and that our phone, internet and cable should be fine now. We began having the same issue again within a day or two. Our entire home had no communications (phone, internet, or cable) for over 24 hours. I called back and went through the 40 minutes of automated operators and remote testing that ATT requires prior to setting up a tech visit. The gentleman told me it would take 10 minutes and that he would call me back immediately. He never called back so I called them back.

I of course got a different customer service rep. I explained that I spent over an hour on a call earlier in the day and that I just needed to know when the tech was coming out. She proceeded to tell me that I spoke with a "robot" earlier and this was must first interaction with a "human" operator. I kindly disagreed with her and she again told me that this is the first that ATT had heard from me. She had no record of the tech's visit from last week or any of my previous phone calls. I became beyond frustrated after being on the phone for so long to only have someone accuse me of lying. She went through the protocol of unplugging the router with me for the third time and sending the software update for the second time only to find out that I needed a tech visit. She spoke over me and sarcastically laughed at my frustration.

Oddly enough the "robot" she insisted that I spoke with called me back two hours later to see if my internet, phone and cable has somehow miraculously come back on. He sounded so human, weird... We will have gone without any of ATT services for 2 days before another tech arrives, yet she could not guarantee me the first visit of the day, so I will take off work again to accommodate your inability to manage the logistics of service calls. She was polite enough to remind that the service call will be $99.00 if it is found to be my fault that their service doesn't work.

I will be selling my ATT stock and publicly proclaiming this experience in hopes that no one will ever experience this for themselves. I had paid ATT over 5K for two years of service and this is their imprecation. BY the way, I called to cancel and no one ever asked about my experience. Once they found out the cancellation was customer service oriented and not pricing, they basically lost interest. Goodbye and congratulations in advance for your ascension back to number one on the poorest customer service list. To show how upsetting the calls were last night, I have never typed a review in my life.

After disrupting just about every service in our neighborhood (we have no utility poles - everything is underground, and AT&T recently managed to again slice just about everything during an "upgrade"), the mighty AT&T was not content with merely sending piles of daily "U-Verse" promotional trash via snail mail. Over the past few weeks there have been hordes of ever present, aggressive and relentless sales people lurking about. Last evening just before 8 PM, two of them banged on our door - note that I start work at 6 AM and am usually here well before that. The pair was nearly "escorted" off my property. The short story is that if this should happen again, the Police will be called and charges will be filed.

None of this would be nearly so bad had I EVER - I repeat EVER been able to count on ANY reliable services from AT&T, be it landline, Internet, or TV, and now I am being hounded to pay a pantload more for another "new and improved" service. I have also received precisely zero substantive answers to why my bill has steadily increased over the years for seemingly dwindling service levels. Then again, it has only been THIRTY THREE YEARS of this. My personal "favorite" was a period of SIX YEARS when my Internet worked exactly NEVER during heavy rain. A personal letter to the Dallas home of Randall Stephenson at long last did the trick on that one. The list goes on. ENOUGH!

I am very frustrated with my bill from internet and home phone service. The price is way too high. It seems that every month my bill jumps up $10 more. When I call customer service, I am told that they have no other specials to lower my bill. I get frustrated that I can't get a lower price when my service is not working to the max it should. I had someone from outside come and measure the internet speed just to discover that the speed is way low, meaning that I'm not getting what I'm paying.

The phone service price is too much. I can take their offer of lowering the price on the phone service, but it has a limit of some minutes per month of usage. I don't mind that since I don't really use my home phone service, but still I think it's too much money for a limited service. I have been with AT&T since it was Pacific Bell. One would think that you are a loyal customer after so many years of service with them, but it doesn't work that way. Something needs to be done to stop this nonsense of ripping people off with their poor service and high price tag. For now, I just paid my bill of over $90 just for phone and internet. I am looking for other options now. I refuse to just throw my money away in a company that really does not take care of their "loyal" customers. Time for a change.

I have been calling AT&T several times regarding a invoice they sent to me for DirecTv cable service when I never ever have contacted them requesting a service like this, nobody had came ever to install such service like this. They are pretending to charge me. They have transferred my call to all the departments and nobody can help! Some people just hung up the phone and others just throw the ball between at&t and DirecTv and nobody fix the issue. I'm just tired of this! It looks to me like this people are just playing with this serious issues. Please someone give me an advice on what to do next, I'm really thinking to sue them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

After hours and hours of calls, month after month, I am still receiving monthly $200+ bills. In frustration, I reduced service in September due to the fact that they couldn't get the billing correct after 2 months of calling. I then cancelled completely in December to avoid any more overcharge. I just got a bill for Feb-Mar services. This is after figuring out how to get it escalated to the Office of the President (which I did through my local city Assistant Manager). They have on 2 occasions adjusted the account to $0, but cannot figure out how to terminate the account. They never answer the phone number they provided, and are slow to return calls.

I have never been so frustrated with a company in my life. To the point where I will make sure to express warning to my friends, family, neighbors, and anyone else who it may come up with. This has been very time-consuming and stressful for months. I have a busy life (work, family, school, activities), but what if I was dealing with illness or loss of a family member? Can you imagine dealing with all that and this nonsense on top of that? That's what really upsets me. I can't be the only one.

I was recommended by DirecTV for home internet. On January 3rd I spoke to a representative that stated that they could help me with home WiFi. I received a mobile hotspot within the next three days. To my surprise it was a little box with only five gigs. After about 2 hours I decided to return the item to get a refund. I called numerous times and they stated that I would get my refund of $55 within 2 weeks. It has been over a month and I only received $8.73. They stated that they have a restocking fee a $45. Then I called 3 times and spoke to three different Representatives that stated I was going to get my money back within 3 weeks. I contact them to see why it was taking so long and they stated that they could only give me the $8.73 back. Then they tell me that I have a bill of $120 for services that I did not use.

I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and I'm going to seek a lawyer or go to a small claims court to receive the hundred and $170 back that this company has stolen from me. They are the worst at customer service. Do not care of stealing people's money. They are greedy and want to charge for every single thing that they can charge for. I have never been so disappointed in my life. AT&T is the worst company that has ever been created. I am looking forward to seeing you guys at Court. They are so inconsiderate they don't care about taking anyone's money but taking forever to return it. People work so hard for their money and they have to deal with ** like AT&T. I really hope this company gets shut down.

Three strikes for AT&T, they're out..! I've been a long-term AT&T, Pac Bell, SBC, etc... customer with my 13 different businesses and personal home services over the years and while I thought they were making progress towards getting their service act together, I am wrong... I ordered a bundle of 3 services on-line including, home phone, high-speed broadband and also DirecTV services last month.

After an initial contact from AT&T, apologizing because they could not offer us home telephone services as part of a bundle (..? we have AT&T home phone and older DSL services currently???) they've now called (automated calls at 7 am) to confirm our scheduled appointment today for the installation of the new Uverse-Broadband service, and also DirecTV, as a bundle for a reduced price, I got a call this morning (about a half hour after they'd again confirmed the appointment by automated call) and told me they were sorry, they do not offer Uverse services in my area... WHAT???

They'd scheduled the installation out over a month after I'd contracted with them for this bundle, so they had plenty of time to confirm all of this in-house... So there went the "Bundled" pricing, and the separate service cost bumped up about 20% immediately. Then after working on our simple installation for several hours, the technician told me he's have to charge me $100 for an additional part to hook up our DirecTV system to the 2 TV's we'd contracted for. I talked to a supervisor and they said, "I'm sorry but we will have to charge you this additional amount to hook up your system... Pretty crazy as my monthly subscription would have covered that amount in the first month or so... on a 2-year commitment.

AT&T is still a monopoly... They really don't care if you like them or not. You are limited to just a few carriers. I called again this morning asking for help and it's like you are the problem... RUDE and Disrespectful People. No matter what I say they just want off the phone... To add to the mess is the AUTO PC access you must go through. It's awful in my opinion. STAY away from AT&T... Terrible Customer Service.

Poor consumer service. Been with AT&T for over a decade, but customer service has gone extremely downhill. Most recent example - I have been without internet, cable, or home phone for 5 days and counting. When I called customer service on the first day of the outage (Thursday), I was connected with AT&T's call center in the Philippines (Important recommendation! Must directly ask to speak with someone in the U.S.). Very difficult to understand rep through her accent.

After re-doing all the troubleshooting steps I had already done, she sends out a new modem (that I did not need but had to wait 2 days to receive). 2 days later when it arrives and does not solve the problem, a technician is sent out (Saturday). He determines that the outage is due to an isolated network error, but as it is the weekend, it cannot be resolved until Monday (2 more days). AT&T cannot give me an appointment time on Monday, but I am expected to leave work at a moment's notice once I receive their text (What!?!).

In the meantime, looking at a minimum of 5 days without services (averaging ME $9.83/day = $49.16 to date) but AT&T will only credit me $5/day (I received a $20 credit on my bill, and have to eat the other $29.16) AND YOU ONLY RECEIVE THE CREDIT IF YOU KNOW TO ASK. Called AT&T on Sunday to get an estimated appointment time, but the customer service rep told me their systems were down, and when I asked to speak with someone in the United States, I was told the American Representative refused to speak with me as there was nothing they could do, either. I did not accept the refusal and was transferred to an American Representative, Bart, who stated he could do nothing as AT&T's systems were down, "and they do not even supply me with a paper and pen" so he could write down my request for a call back once their systems were back online.

Cannot get installation of Xfinity for 2 weeks (must be demand by all the AT&T customers switching over). In the meantime, I do not recommend AT&T Uverse, as customer service is very disappointing, equipment is not reliable, and I am stuck with paying for service I am not receiving. Avoid AT&T. You will be glad you did.

I cancelled my account with AT&T some time in February 2016. Returned the equipment on October 31st, 2016. I have the receipt with the serial numbers of the equipment on it. They sent my account to the collection agency in November. They said they never received the equipment after calling today, February 10th, 2017. My credit score was knocked down over 100 points for this back in November. This all happened while getting approved for a house loan and it really messed up the whole process and caused me hours and hours of phone calls and a lot of running around. Over the life of my house loan, it caused my rate to go up and will cost me over $13,000.

I told the supervisor on the phone I have a receipt that shows that the equipment was sent to the UPS store with the date, time, location, and even the serial numbers of all the equipment was documented on the receipt, and I also told them about the house loan and what it is affecting in my personal life. 100% proof it was returned and they would do NOTHING for me. After a customer drops the equipment off, they should not be responsible if the equipment is lost, sent to the wrong place, or actually gets scanned in at their AT&T equipment warehouse. That is between AT&T and the UPS store.

After speaking with at least 2 separate supervisors, more than 2 separate times on the phone in December I told them all of this information. They would not accept a receipt with 100% proof that the equipment was returned by me. Now 3 1/2 months after I returned the equipment, they still are saying I owe for the equipment and it was never returned. I am now seeking every possible way to remedy this, since my credit is completely affected, and it is causing me so much stress and many problems with day-to-day life. I am going to get legal advice regarding this ASAP. This is not fair. I want the world to know what they have put me through. I cannot believe a company that has been in business over 100 years feels they can treat people like this. It is not right. It is not fair. This is their last chance to correct this huge complaint or I will be taking the next step at getting this resolved legally and fair.

Good, reliable service, but took them forever to make fast plans. I have been an AT&T Uverse customer for a few years now. Until October 13, 2016, I was stuck with their "Basic" 768kbps speed. How frustrating. And even though it was slow, it never went out even once and has been very good with the exception of the speed. Can easily watch a 480p video if I'm the only one online. Even during thanksgiving and Christmas when my whole family, 30+ people come to my house and get connected, it still never crashed. It took an hour for stuff to load, but it worked. Very frustrating to say the least. But I have since upgraded to the "Max" 12mbps plan and it works for what I need it for. Only gave gen 2 stars due to the speed issue. My neighbor could get up to 24mbps, and I can only get 768? What? But I'm happy now.

I switched from Verizon and Dish to AT&T and DirecTV as they offered me a great deal. My process of switching began on December 30 2016 and still to this day of Feb 9 2017 I am having to spend hours upon hours of calling them, visiting our local AT&T store and hassling with online crap. I am fully regretting my decision to switch because of all the hassle I feel I shouldn't have to go through.

I am a single mother just trying to cut down my monthly bills and now it looks like I'm possibly going to end up facing a thousand dollars in payments because of switching over... a lot that I'm owing to Verizon now because I guess I was dumb enough to fall for this so called great deal from AT&T. PLEEEEEASE be smarter than I was and DON'T do business with AT&T unless you just have money coming out your ears to blow. I miss Verizon and Dish. :( I'm not getting near as good of signal as I was with Dish as well... sucks to not be able to talk to a customer Rep when your phone is cutting out!!

My wife called in December of 2015 for internet. We had Comcast before and never had a problem. We did not need TV but my wife said we should get it, because after taxes and fees our bill would be around $68 dollars a month with both TV and internet. I said we should not do it because the bill would change later. The rep promise the bill would never change and we had him repeat it on the phone twice that the bill would never change, and we have had the conversation confirmed by AT&T.

The bill was never right and every time I called they wanted to give me the current months promotion, which was the most frustrating thing I had ever dealt with. Trying to explain why I was calling and what we were told about our bill. At&t would just keep trying to give me promotions every time I called. I tried and tried to explain that I didnt want the current promotion. I wanted the price I was told I was getting. After calling and calling and calling. They got my bill down to $48 a month and I had that bill for eight months. I was not happy that my bill was $48 a month. I wanted it to be $68 a month and now the bill is $110 and I can forget about trying to explain that the bill was supposed to be $68 a month.

I've never been so haggled pushed around and frustrated by a company. I had both Comcast and Verizon for five years and never had a problem. I know I dont sound like it, but I never complain at restaurants. I just eat the cold food or if I have a problem with a company I just try to make it work. Signing up with At&t was a very bad experience and a bad decision. I'm writing this to help you out. Stay away and go with Comcast.

After confirming AT&T Uverse has the correct email and phone number, they failed to contact us by email or phone to let us know a bill was unpaid and service was going to be disconnected. They rather send snail mail, dated 1/31/17 received on 2/7/17. Service was terminated on 2/7/17. Though we informed them we paid the bill, they said it takes 7 to 14 days to process a payment. Really? Your choice of contact is mail, your letter takes 7 days to reach us, and if we pay you immediately it takes you 7 to 14 days to process? How can anyone pay their bill on time? Resolution is to prepay and the problem according to AT&T Uverse customer support is our postal service.

A customer for 20+ years, and no one cares. Looking for a business with professional customer service. Suggestions? Again confirmed they had our correct email and phone number, however no effort was made to contact us other than the US postal service which they blame for the problem. A problem that generates money for them in your late fees. Bad business.

I have 4 wireless devices through AT&T so I deemed myself a loyal customer. Several years ago we has AT&T internet installed in our home and it had been inconsistent as best. We decided to give them another shot and opted to purchase a internet/direct TV bundle. BIG MISTAKE. We had the service installed on Jan 24 and it hasn't worked since. I have live chatted with over half a dozen agents, had live conversations with about the same amount, and had 2 technicians out at our home - mind you, I had to take 2 days off of work to accommodate THEIR schedule. I had ANOTHER appointment set for today to have them resolve the issue and thought it odd that I never received a confirmation regarding the appointment. So I called, only to find out that there was NO ticket for a technician to come to our house!!!

So I called customer service, yet again. After speaking to 2 people I was routed to a Uverse "Special team" and said that they would make my case a high priority since I had been diligent about getting the problem resolved and it was all in my file. So it only takes 12 interactions with agents and 2 house calls to be taken seriously?!? All this time, I am paying for a service that I am actually not receiving...and here's the kicker, I am contractually bound so I can't leave without paying for it. Hell of a business strategy! So since the contact is signed, it doesn't really matter if the service works or not. After all the outreaches, not one agent offered anything other than an apology. Not one agent/supervisor has helped me to trust the brand again or make this headache any less than acceptable.

As with most cable companies, one must be careful in dealings with sales reps... there is a tendency to misrepresent what the service will included... ie, what is promised (cost and features) too often ends up not being what you get. When you complain, they often try to tell you that you can get what they mistakenly promised in an upgraded service... for more money of course. AT&T U-verse did this to me and they are known for doing this. I'm surprised that State Attorney Generals are not pursuing what certainly appears to rise to the level of bait and switch.

I called to have the internet and DirecTV installed. I was with charter but since AT&T is offering the internet and DirecTV bundled and he made it like a huge saving I agreed to have them both installed. Since my husband works from home the speed of the internet is very important. When I called the first thing that I asked was the speed, the representative told me it's from 45MB-75MB depend on the address. After he checked the address he said the speed would be 75MB. The sales representative lied in order to get the service started. When the technician arrived the first question I asked was what was the speed of the internet? He said 18MB. The technician said AT&T doesn't offer more than 18MB. I didn't let them install it.

I called the AT&T customer service to cancel my order. It took me 3 hours to cancel. I'm not exaggerating, I was on the phone from 9am-12pm. Each person that I spoke to they put me on hold for a long time or they transferred me to another department. Every time that I was transferred I had to tell them that I wanted to cancel my order and of course they were asking why?? AT&T is offering the DirecTV and internet bundled program but the customer service doesn't have a clue how to handle it. If I could give ZERO STAR I would have but I have to go with 1 star. It was a very bad experience. I would never try any service from AT&T again. I don't recommend AT&T to anyone.

We have been using AT&T for long time - 8 years and so far we were ok with the service until the moment that we decided to lower our UVERSE 300 bill. We spoke with a lady called "Victoria" and she couldn't deal to lower our bill. However, she offered a promotion for DirecTV with 24 months very similar package as the Uverse 300 (1st lie). She also mentioned that she was going to keep open our Uverse for a week until we were sure with the new cable (2nd lie in the story). We felt happy because if the DirecTV wasn't good we were going to have at least the backup with the Uverse.

In the instant that the DirecTV was installed, we verified the channels and nothing was as we expected: all of them were Latino (we don't watch TV Latino and she knew that in advance), small quantity of high definition channels (we explained very well our expectation with the high definition service); the channels that she told us that were going to be included in the package, magically it wasn't. A total disaster... In the same moment that the technician was finishing the new installation, we called the AT&T to cancel the DirecTV and get back our Uverse service. And the second part of the story is starting now.

We spoke with our second customer service "MATEO", who was very friendly, very understanding with our situation. He assures us that we were going to get back the Uverse service immediately, the only thing that we needed to know is that a technician needs to pass by to check that the signal is OK and the earliest appointment that he has was on Feb. 25. My husband asked how long was going to take for the technician to check the signal and he answered around two hours because it was only to check the signal. We were happy, everything was perfect, we removed the DirecTV boxes and put it back our Uverse boxes. It was working perfectly. We were happy...

Until the next day in the afternoon, preparing to enjoy the super bowl, we discovered the status "zero service". We called fast again Technical support and after a while on the phone with some guys, they clearly explained us what we needed was to call next day AGAIN to customer service-SALE, to resolve the problem. We called next day, and then another surprise, the famous appointment for checking the lines on Feb. 25 was exactly to use for the reinstate of the service. In summary we don't have the cable, we are very upset and angry, we felt played by the AT&T with their lies. I broke my ties with the cable service and we are going to start looking for another reliable company. Suggestion: don't believe what the customer service said, even that you are feeling very comfortable, they are made for selling you their promotions without care.

Bill has gone up twice without warning. When I first signed up I was told I wouldn't be charged any equipment fee for the modem and cable box, but I was. My 24 mb/s internet consistently only gets my about 7 mb/s and no one seems to know why it happens or how to fix it. 24 mb/s is the best they offer even though I live in a major metropolitan center so even if I wanted to upgrade I can't, which is a joke when gigabit internet exists. U-verse is a racket and wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has other options.

We called to do the following: stop receiving a paper bill and receive it via email. Consolidate two accounts in our household. It took us TWO DAYS, SIX representatives, and several hours to get things straight. Two of those people were supposed to call us back but failed to do so. We called the next day to cancel an additional service on the bill. Instead, we were offered other options, which we did not want. The representative then said she had to consult her supervisor and would call back. The incompetence we have encountered is stunning. I am beyond "very dissatisfied with my experience." Unfortunately, I don't have another carrier in my area or I would switch. AT&T what are you doing to improve your customer service?

I ordered the Uverse bundle when I was told that the iPhone 7 that I wanted would be free. Thought that sounded like a no brainer! Well that was in mid December. My install was scheduled for mid-January. I took a 1/2 day off work because no Saturday installs... No show. Turns out they had me down for the next day... Rescheduled. Got a call 2 days prior to let me know that my phone number had not been ported over yet for my land line but that they would install and get me a number by 2/1... Obviously I said "no thank you". Rescheduled again for 2/1. The installer came out in a timely fashion, only to tell me 10 minutes later that I had no signal from the phone pole to the house. They would need to get someone else out to work on the telephone pole to get the signal... That person (Stephanie) was prompt and lovely. She got the signal to the house, but the installer had already moved on. (BTW, 2nd 1/2 day I took off work).

They assured me that they would indeed come out today (Saturday) to finally get this done! Well, I am at work yesterday (Friday), and I get a call from AT and T telling me that they still did not have my number ported so they were going to give me a temporary phone number.... huh? Seriously?? I told them "no thank you". 1 hour later, my ring doorbell rings at work, and the installers are there... THE WRONG DAY AGAIN!!! Saturday morning comes and goes, no installer. I call to make a complaint and speak to the loyalty department and they tell me that they will give me a 100.00 visa gift card to go with my other 100.00 card that I was scheduled to get... The problem here is that when I signed up back in December, the deal was for a 300.00 gift card. What happened to that? I feel like this entire thing has been such a huge waste of my time and energy.

AT&T internet service completely sucks. My "NEW" tablet and laptop slows down to the point of not even working at all. Crying shame that they have to slow your service down to the point of no service. Oh, for the first couple of months worked great. I'm tired of this to the point of termination. Sick of this nonsense. Now we have competition out there to humiliate you AT&T. Makes me sick to see these greedy companies take advantage of the consumer. I hope in the future you go broke and have to be treated like you are treating us.

After paying AT&T U-verse $240 a month for several years for 150 channels, of which I only really watched 4 of them, I decided to drop my service to a $40 a month basic plan. AT&T charged me $40 dollars for one month, then went back to charging me $240 a month for the basic $40 Channels. That was 4 months ago. Now AT&T has ripped me off $700!

Waste of time. Where do I start? The whole thing went wrong as soon as we placed the order. Never seen anyone drop the ball so many times. When the order was originally placed, it was wrong. Wrong date, wrong time and wrong services. Was on the phone for 2 hours to fix the issue. Became extremely frustrated that we decided to cancel. Next day a supervisor called and said they fixed the issue with right time, date and service. Called on the date of the service and no one can even see an order for the house. Spent another 2 hours to try to get the order expedited and all we got was "I'm sorry but the order is too new to expedite." Cancelled yet again. So frustrated. I'm writing a book how AT&T was horrible.

I called Wednesday Feb 1, 2017 to look into pricing for wifi. I was told $40/month $99 installation that would be broken up into first three months. No biggie. Scheduled tech to come out TODAY February 3, 2017 from 12 pm-2 pm. NEVER SHOWED UP! I called and told customer service everything and they said my order was canceled. Not by me. Apparently it's because there was a woman who lived in the apartment before me with an account that wasn't closed yet. I get it. BUT WHERE WAS MY CALL!?

I left work early, returned my modem to Time Warner and Sat waiting for AT&T. After 2, I repeat TWO HOURS of being on the phone with AT&T the solution is schedule a tech to come out February 13, 2017! WTF!? First time ever dealing with AT&T and this is a HORRIBLE FIRST IMPRESSION. NEVER will I EVER deal with AT&T again. Customer service was not helpful and problem-solving. Not happy whatsoever. So here I am REINSTALLING Time Warner to my apartment.

AT&T used to be a reputable company. Now after making several phone calls and finally after spending an hour getting someone on the phone who speaks terrible broken english and admits they are not located in the United States they will not honor discounts promised in store. You can't call the store because they route calls overseas. If you go back to store, get ready for confrontation and more lies. I should have stayed with Verizon. Sadly disappointed. Don't switch to AT&T.

Moved from state. Phone them, disconnect service nicely. They told us we CAN owe something. Ok. Made mail forwarding from old address. They always had our e-mail boxes. 6 months later collector hit our credit. For $90. They never send us anything. Very "professional".

My wife went to an AT&T store to inquire about our extremely slow home wi-fi. They talked her into changing our account to a business account and said that comes with much faster internet. She agreed to it. So that day they cut our landline off and said we would have to get a new modem. But they can't install one for 2 weeks. Ok fine whatever. So yesterday they install the new modem and the tech asked us why we did this. We told him and he tells us, "No, you already have the fastest in your area."

So not only are we paying double what it used to be for the same service we find, we lost our landline number that we've had for 25 years. "You can call and cancel", he tells us. I try. Person after person tells me I have the wrong department. This goes on for over an hour. Finally I get a lady that says she'll take care of it. As we're talking she cuts off my internet, says I have to return that modem myself with no replacement offered, and I have lost my landline number. Holy cow is this criminal. They sold me something that doesn't exist then stole my phone number. How can this happen? They don't deserve 1 star. And they offered nothing for all their mistakes, cheats, and incompetence. Are they all this bad?

I cannot believe how careless and inconsiderate your representatives are. I am a rep myself for a different service and I would not be surprised if ANYONE has ever been helped by your "support". Your representatives have no clue what they can and cannot do and the service is the utmost poor service I think I have ever received in my life. You need to rethink your staff. I spent over an hour on the phone with a customer and 6 of your different staff members whose first suggestion was to keep transferring us to the SAME department over and over again. I even asked for a rep to explain our concerns before transferring us and what did she do? Blind transferred our call. Poor, terrible, unreliable service.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.
  • 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.
  • Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.
  • Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.
  • On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.
  • Best for Those who need a reliable connection for news, information and homework help.

Compare Internet Service Providers