Formerly named AT&T U-verse

2.7/5 (76 ratings)

About AT&T Internet

AT&T Internet offers multiple plans, including a 1 Gbps plan suited for those who have multiple devices or use HD streaming services. Prices range from $45 to $80 for the first year of service, but prices increase after the 12-month introductory period. The company's gateway acts as a modem and provides Wi-Fi coverage, although those with large homes may need optional Wi-Fi extenders for whole-house coverage. If you’re interested in AT&T’s television services, read our review of AT&T TV.

AT&T Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

All internets say that they have the fastest internet but it's not true. Sometimes it freezes up and it interrupts your day. It's like driving on the freeway. When it get crowded the traffic slows everybody down. Same thing goes for the internet. It's all about the Benjamins. When the satellite shuts down the world is at a stand still. But this is the turn of the century.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I know "outsourcing" is a savings for most credit cards or other businesses but if you are providing a local (in-state) service it makes no sense to have to speak to a person about a problem and that service representative can barely speak English much less annunciate in clear English which is NOT a problem solver to the customer. They don't know your area much less anyplace in the U.S.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I enjoy ATT internet. It is reliable and I love the my smart home app. I love that you can test the connection in every room with your camera. It’s so innovative. ATT is reasonable compared to other providers. I love that I did not need a technician to connect my services. Other companies like to charge an extra fee. The only thing is you have to rent the router. The price for services is reasonable and my bill is always the same. I love that once the promotion is over you can call and renegotiate. ATT connection is reliable. No worries here.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I've had AT&T over two years now. I only use their internet but have been quite happy. I've never had to call so I can't speak to their customer service, however, I've had minimal outages and our bandwidth is enough to support 8 wi-fi devices at the same time, all streaming some type of video. I wish the price was better but my only other option in my area is Spectrum.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

I was an Earthlink customer for many years until they could no longer provide fast and reliable internet service. So, I switched over to AT&T Broadband. In 2016, I began to experience problems with connectivity, and after much troubleshooting, AT&T decided to upgrade my service to Fiber Optic; free of charge. Now, I have blazing fast internet speed; north of 350Mbps, and excellent reliability. I couldn't be more happy and satisfied!

Original review: June 11, 2022

I am moving later this month and, because I like to plan things out early, I decided to order the internet modem (the device used to connect to Wi-Fi) to my *current address three weeks before my moving date. This way I would have the device ready when I move. But man, even though I clearly indicate that the delivery address is my *current address, they still sent the device to my new address! I called customer service, and was told that apparently the system was crap and did not notice that delivery address was different. I mean, why did you ask people to put in a delivery address then?? They helped cancel the order though, but told me next time I should place an order through a representative, rather than online. Apparently they don’t know that their company’s website has a big promotion going on right now encouraging people to place an order online!!

Original review: May 27, 2022

AT&T internet (I have had twice now, not by choice) is the worst in my opinion. When adding price add an additional jet pack for a reputable company. Or have back up internet. Applications are horrendous and their portals extremely lack any information, if they work at all. Dial up internet attached to a styrofoam cup has better communication.

Original review: May 26, 2022

Every time, I tried to login into my ATT account, the dreadful system does not recognize my password, even when I am already signed into my email, on the next tab, which has the same password. I called three times; three times three different people promised they would take care of the problem. I had to change my password and it seemed everything was fine, but when I tried again to sign up into my account, the site managed by incompetent people, but it never remembers my password.

The problem is that the technicians you have are in India and not in the USA. Obviously, they offer the service they get paid which is rubbish, and the services is as bad as the services you (ATT) is using in undeveloped countries and not in the USA. I will start searching for another company to switch because I am FED UP with the horrible and unprofessional service provided by ATT.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Internet doesn't work and AT&T informed that the technician can come to fix the problem in 5 days, since 05/04 and they will send the technician only on 05/09, this is ridiculous and it is what they say to their "valued customer", fake commercial, they do not provide a good service and they don't care if you need the internet to work remotely. Be careful when choosing this provider, you can be very disappointed.

Original review: April 28, 2022

No ones at call center would like to resolve issue. They keep transferring you to different departments and waste your time. This is 3rd day I am trying to reach and they always send to tech support. I recently moved my service. Landlord said I can’t have any other internet service than horrible ATT so I am stuck with them. Box on wall missing in the apartment. I was told service should be already running there. Now they want to send technician and make money for the installation. I am an IT technician myself. They is no technical issue here. Only box is missing. In previous place they didn’t charge me to put that box.

AT&T Internet author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

AT&T Uverse Internet service is provided by AT&T, one of the oldest utility companies in the United States. With over 10,000 patents and nationwide coverage, AT&T offers various Internet, telephone and satellite options to customers all over the country.

• Online orders: Customers can order services directly from the AT&T Uverse website. Available options are based on zip code and street address.

• 24/7 support: Uverse technical support is available 24 hours a day via telephone, and live chat is available via the AT&T website.

• Reliability: Users get a dedicated line with steady services and little variability in speed, even during the busy evening hours.

• Easy switch: Moving from another company to AT&T is simple and quick as the company offers coverage to the majority of U.S. addresses.

• On the go mobile viewing: Subscribers can download the Uverse app to view live or recorded TV straight from their mobile devices.

AT&T Internet Company Information