2.80/5
Based on 1,199 ratings submitted in the last year

1347 Spectrum Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 25, 2019

We have had Spectrum for almost a year now and have no complaints. We had DirecTV and HughesNet (internet). Spectrum reimbursed us for the early termination fees. The quality of the cable and internet has been great. I had no trouble getting a tech on the phone when I inadvertently damaged the internet cable last year and the buried orange cable two weeks ago. Spectrum spliced the cables on both occasions and didn't charge me a thing! I noticed that Spectrum's ratings and reviews on the internet are not great, but I would attribute that to the fact that irritated customers are more likely to leave a review that satisfied customers. Customers complain about the cost of Spectrum service, but I found that the cost is on par with DirecTV and internet service providers.

Original review: May 14, 2019

When I went with Spectrum I took the bundle package TV internet landline and never used the landline once, my bill was $105.00 per month, after 1 year without notice the bill is now $155.00. I called and the person I dealt with was pleasant and tried to explain to which she was right I should have read the fine print. So I ask her if I could get the new promotional ad and was told no it was for new customers only. She explained I could leave for 90 days and come back however the promo may not be available. I am on disability and budget my money very well, but since then I have had to pay my bill in 3 payments each month. I enjoy having spectrum but it's getting harder to pay. If spectrum would look at the people leaving versus new customers does this make for a good business practice? I wish they would reconsider and allow existing customers to take advantage of the new promotional plans.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Let me share my recent customer service experiences w Spectrum! I Ordered cable & internet from Spectrum because the apartment I moved to would not allow DISH. I was sold by Spectrum “the Apple TV” streaming box instead of a 3rd cable box for the same price. Before Spectrum, I was with another company and obviously, I don’t intend to mention their name.

After spending majority of my time on the phone with their so called “CUSTOMER NO SERVICE “, they reluctantly agreed to a return/replacement, which could take 7-10 days with no assurances that the replacement would even work. I faced some technical issues with Spectrum too, but the tech said He could look at my Apple TV setup and that too without any charge. I don’t know much about the product but as far as customer service is concerned, I was sold on it.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Really easy to set-up recordings from computer or smartphone, great to use while traveling ~ you can watch on other devices, very strong and fast wi-fi, easy and fast scheduling appointments with good customer service. I have all home so I can record and watch from any room in my house, which is especially important when hubby wants to watch sports. Red Zone is the most important feature for my husband and sons ~ very inexpensive program for football lovers who do not want the expense of total football packages.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I know I’m not alone when I say, Spectrum's Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired. We have been paying for 300 Mbps since November 2017, however we NEVER received speeds that were even close to what was promised. We made calls and had Service Technicians out to the house. They never resolved the issue!! My last call to Spectrum Customer Service was the worst! The representative was rude and offered me a $10 credit for my troubles. I asked for a Manager but I was told that wouldn’t provide me with anything more than the $10 credit. I had enough and decided to scour the internet for another avenue of help, and I found it!! I emailed a corporate employee at: **.

Within 10 minutes I received a call from Ms. **. She referred me to my local contact in Charlotte, NC. The very next day I had SIX Spectrum trucks on our property!!! These men were the kindest people, who were genuinely vested in finding a solution for our internet issues. They were all Managers in their respective field, and provided their personal cell phone numbers.

Over the course of 3 days they fixed our problems and educated me on just how internet speeds and broadband works. After the problem was fixed I called my NC contact to ask for a credit for the many months of paying for a service that we never received. She is reviewing the account billing and promised to get back with me today, with the credit amount. Based on the attention I have received as a result of contacting the corporate offices, I have no doubt that I will be satisfied with what they offer. I have only one regret, that I didn’t reach out to corporate Spectrum sooner. Give them a chance to fix your issues, you won’t regret you did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: July 22, 2019

Spectrum just did us dirty. We have four boxes two of them went bad. When they came out and replaced them they upgraded all of the boxes from Time Warner Cable to Spectrum and downgraded our package but never informed us. 6 hours talking to tech support and they never informed us that they took our channels away nor did they give us the option to keep our prior service. Now in order for me to get Nick Junior for my son they want an extra $40 a month. That isn't right. It was not our fault that the Time Warner cable boxes went bad and you had no right to downgrade our package without informing us. If you have the option to have service from anyone other than Spectrum I would recommend it.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I bought my phone from Spectrum Mobile with the understanding that it had a warranty. No one told me that Spectrum would only warranty it for 2 weeks. What I was told is that I had 14 days to have the phone in my hands and if I didn't like it or I wanted to exchange it I could do it within the 14 days. NEVER was I told that they would only warranty the phone for 14 days. I had asked before I bought the phone (which I paid for in full) that they would only warranty it for 14 days, even though from the beginning I was calling them because of problems with blue tooth, safe lock, NO VOICEMAIL NOTICE, and other things. Not once did I get told that I had only 14 days to exchange the phone or return it.

I was told to follow up with GOOGLE SUPPORT and I would have to get warranty from them. Google will run you around forever. If you don't buy the phone directly from Google they will not do an exchange but that is another review. Beware. Spectrum is not upfront about their warranty and gave me no help and mislead me regarding the warranty on the phone even though from the get go there was something wrong with it. I ended up having to have the motherboard replaced with no help from google. This was on a phone that was 3 WEEKS OLD.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Buyer beware. I ordered TV, phone & internet. When I called to cancel service due to a move, they advised that I had to pay for ALL of the days in my billing cycle, even though I had only had service for 7 days of the cycle...NO PRO-RATE of cancellation. This is OUTRAGEOUS to have to pay for services not rendered. However, if it isn't paid, then it will be turned over to collections. I will pay it, but again, BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: July 19, 2019

We were with AT&T U-Verse for several years and LOVED it. Great service, good price- no internet interruptions either. We moved a few miles up the road and could not get AT&T there, so we had to switch to Time Warner. They were OKAY- average service, higher prices. Spectrum bought out TWC a couple years ago, so we were "grandfathered" into Spectrum. We were supposed to be grandfathered in and see no rate hikes or contract changes. HAH! What a joke. Service is interrupted CONSTANTLY when streaming (and we don't have many devices linking to their Wi-Fi). Our bill has increased from $110/month for standard cable & HBO to (after another recent & unforeseen price hike) $173/month. Are you KIDDING me? $173/month for crap internet/cable and ONE premium station???

I called to see if I could get a better deal on our bundle and was given the run around. They told me that the "discount plan" we were on (we were on a discount plan? Since WHEN?) had a DECREASE in the amount of the discount, causing our bill to rise- AGAIN. I can't wait to say goodbye to this awful company. I guess that is the way they explain themselves out of their ridiculous price hikes.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Tried to cancel my service due to a move to find out because I couldn’t validate my identity using a security code they have on the bill I was not able to cancel until I received a new bill. Once I received the bill I called again and was told I had to pay the entire month, they no longer prorate for partial months! Nothing like ripping off the consumer time and time again! It’s certainly not about the money. It’s all principle, this company has no integrity! I’d opt for other providers if possible.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have been with Time Warner for over 15 years and had been on their Triple Play package ever since. When Spectrum bought them out I never changed anything until April 2019. I was paying $281 a month but Spectrum changed my service to theirs and I went from 35mbps to 115mbps and my bill was lowered to $181 a month! I thought great!! For two months I was paying $181, July's bill comes in and now I am being charged $251. I go to the local Spectrum office and they cannot justify the bill rising in such a short time, they recommend I call billing to sort it out. I call billing and they were as dumb as a box of rocks. They could not tell me why it went up in less than 90 days and said I still had to pay my bill regardless. They are a predatory company and they need to be put in their place.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I terminated my service 3 days into the monthly billing cycle. Guess what? They require you to pay for the entire month. They no longer prorate bills. A company that advertises their ability to buy out a contact up to five hundred dollars will require a customer to pay a month's charge for three days of service. I'd like to know the reasoning behind that decision.

Original review: July 15, 2019

For almost 7 days, Spectrum 'LOST' our business phone line by blaming it was Ported to Frontier, unauthorized. No one authorized a port of our business line. AND why did it take almost 7 days to get it back working. We have lost thousands of dollars in response to not having a phone line. AND Spectrum will not release any communication records they have for that week of correspondence from my office and their 'communications' with Frontier!!! Why won't they release the records? Somewhere something went wrong and someone is lying about it. I will not be using their business services any longer. Besides, the phone lines go 'OUT' at least for 2-4 days per month and Spectrum says, "OH, they just have to be reset". What exactly does that mean? I want a business phone line to work! I don't have the time to call and wait for my line to be reset... It should just work.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Terrible company. Was offered a new deal after disconnecting with them once before. Get 3 weeks in and they say they cannot allow me to continue using the service because I’m not eligible for it. Even though it’s already set up and working! Unbelievable. Going to disconnect it again after I go to NEW internet provider tomorrow. Pretty excited to say ** Spectrum after 5 long irritating years!

Original review: July 14, 2019

Open an account with Spectrum on the 17 of July. Saturday 18th, they installed the system. They recommended to buy a Roku to get Cable TV and the internet signal (I did). Cable was not watchable. I called them Sunday 19th, canceled cable but kept internet. They say I will pay $49.99, then sent me a text saying it was $70.00. Called them back, asked for a breakdown of the payment. They said, that what I had to pay, period (very rude agent). I cancelled the service same Sunday and Monday returned the modem and rest. They charging me $408.69!!!!

Original review: July 14, 2019

The number of channels have been reduced and the price increased since Spectrum took over. I don't want to pay sports fee, but have no choice. The new e-mail platform has problems, but I can't reach customer support. There are no competitors that combine cable, internet and home phone, but trying to combine services from multiple competitors always adds up to a higher cost. So they are a monopoly for combined services. Where are the government's protections for monopolies? Or, why are potential competitors filling the gap? If DirecTV or Verizon were to offer complete bundles, there would be competition. They should be pursuing the monopoly angle.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I am signed up for automatic bill payments. When the payment is due they take the money out, hold it for a few days, and then return it. They they will then withdraw money a second time and charge me for the return payment. I can not stress this enough; I have plenty in the account to cover the bill payment. Spectrum is only doing this to charge me double. Then they require I pay in person and the closest Spectrum office is over an hour away. I call customer service, first the reps do not speak English very well so communication is impossible. But, they don't budge, even the fault is entirely on their end. They say it is my bank, but they are returning the payments, not my bank.

Now I see they have raised my rates for next month from $65.99 to $77.27. This is the second rate hike in 4 months. The first time notice was given in tiny writing at the bottom of the bill. This time absolutely no notice was given at all. Isn't that illegal? I called and they say notice is on the bill. I've torn through this bill. Nope. Unfortunately Spectrum is the only internet provider in my area, so there is nowhere else to go to. The internet service itself is terrible. My internet goes out several times a day, everyday. Watching movies can be a chore. I called customer service and they said it's because I'm trying to stream movies during peak hours. So, it is my fault for wanting to watch a movie after I get home from work. Time Warner was bad, but not this bad.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Two relatives and I signed up for a 16G usage plan. The next day we learned it was the $14/G plan. The salesperson apparently thought the memory of 16G was the usage we got. Returned all 3 phones after two days. Charged $321 to return phones. Phones and cell service were good, just much more expensive than the salesperson said.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Good morning, Please note I wanted to bring to your attention a supervisor who I spoke with on (7/13/19 7:51 am) in billing. She did not provide her full name but I'm sure you will be able to track her down through the conversation logs. The treatment I received was absolutely the worst I've ever experienced. Not only did she argue with me for the entire time she refused my request so I could speak to the next level. In fact, she started reading from a script rather than resolve my issue. Giving a new customer the runaround is old school method, wouldn't it have been easier just to issue $2.20 per day? Instead, she decides it better to mistreat the customer, this person needs more than just a warning don't you agree? On July 12, I called (CS Angela) requesting a refund for credit for being down 4 days. I was put on hold for almost 40 minutes waiting for a manager, finally, she told me supervisor will call me back. Never receive a call.

I encourage you to investigate the logs and speak with the supervisor and techs that took part in this new installation. This will provide you with a clear understanding and I hope you will do the right thing this time and wai ve the installation fee. Hector - Supervisor, Field Service **. Keith - Supervisor, Field Service **. Marco - Specialist **. Sincerely, Michael **

Original review: July 13, 2019

Spectrum continues to raise prices while their service continues to decline. Internet speed is slow and rarely do the on demand channels work. Often when trying to watch any regular cable channel it will freeze. This is when you are lucky and happen to catch a movie that hasn’t been repeated 50 times already that week. Very frustrating!

Original review: July 12, 2019

Falsely advertised online that they offer high speed internet in my future home. It let me go as far as scheduling an installation date and submitting my order. It wasn't until I called them to confirm my order that I was told that their service is not available there. I would have never put in an offer on the home had I known that high speed internet was not available there. I wish there was a way to hold them accountable.

Original review: July 11, 2019

My wife and I were looking for a house in a more rural part of Warren County, KY, but we needed somewhere with reliable Internet service. I work in IT and often work from home, so having quality Internet access is an absolute must. We found a place near the Allen County line that we were interested in. Before moving on it, I chatted in with Spectrum to see if they offered service at that location. They said yes. I also called and spoke with a customer service rep. They said yes as well. I even went on their website to build a package; it let me put in the address for the location and go as far as to build my package.

We close on the house. A few months later, after finishing some significant remodeling, I got back on Spectrum's website to build my package. Except this time, they can't "find" my address. So I chat in. The rep tells me they have never offered service out there. I tell her I talked to two different people and they each told me we were good. She said she didn't know why they said that. Then my wife called in and asked the same thing, also telling this particular rep how we were able to build our package on their website. Her response? "Well, you can't trust everything you read on the Internet". Keep in mind: my wife was referencing Spectrum's own website.

So I chat back in one more time. At this point I had practically given up, but I just wanted to see if maybe the first two reps were flukes and I could get a hold of someone who could help us out. I was basically told the same thing as the other two, but also something else that was pretty shocking: when I asked the rep why I was able to enter my address on their website and build a package, she informed me that Spectrum's site does not detect that an address is outside their service area until you try to purchase the package. Meaning, I was able to enter my address, put together what I wanted to buy, and I would only be told I was out of luck when I went to pay. She said the address was added to a "list" at this point. I told her that was incredibly deceptive and she apologized, immediately closing the chat. This is Spectrum.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I was sold Apple TVs by teen sales child. Lied to me indicating that Apple TVs work just like the dish systems with joey and hoppers. If you have used this superior product not close to Spectrum/Apple scam you follow me so far. This was back in January when they first launched their scam. They give you 30 days to return which I tried to do but both Spectrum and Apple just passed the buck and said both parties were not responsible. I sent all three Apple TVs back in the original box to Robert the sales and repair guy that was trying to and still is at 47 speed fix slow internet all the time.

So I have been paying for these Apple TVs. They wont give me my money back or send my Apple TVs back either. So every time I pay my bill and I'm stuck paying for nothing now. So when I called up Spectrum they would not listen to me. Got pissed off. Yelled at the dumb ** and they shut all my internet for five minute indicating that they had service issues.. L is this were our spectrum scam scam scam. Hope you all sleep good at night Apple TV scam scam scam.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Goes out all the time. Relatively slow. Costs too much. Somehow it will go out every couple of weeks at midnight and I'll have to spend way too long on the phone until I convince them it's them not me and they reset from their end. It's getting ** old.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Call the salesman just for internet and was very rude. They didn't save me money in comparison to what I already had - not a way to do business - too desperate, that means at any means they will cheat you!!!!

Original review: July 9, 2019

I’ve been with Spectrum for 5 years now. Our homeowner association had a contract with them. Our bill was around $67/month for cable and internet. They increased it to $77 last month. HOA decided not to renew the contract with them effective July 16th, 2019. I called customer service multiple times, and they won’t give a customer like me, who’s been for 5 years with them, any discount at all. My new bill is going to be $120/month, which I can’t afford at all. They honor their specials to new customers only, they said, and not existing ones. What a great customer service and a great company. I’m shopping online and will be switching company very soon. What a shame Spectrum! Way to go.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Today I got a new service from this company Spectrum. I called at 10 AM to get new service. They were here by two to provide me with service. When the technician left the TV was working. All of a sudden it’s not working no more. I have been trying since 5 PM to get somebody to fix it and now they’re telling me they cannot fix it until Wednesday. This is horrible They gave me a new service right away to get a customer but they do not provide customer service and I am stuck waiting. I am a disabled person that needs this service. If I can take these boxes out and get new ones I would but I don’t know what to do. This is the worst company ever had to deal with. I need help. They do not treat people right.

Original review: July 8, 2019

So we decided to get WIFI and stop subscribing to way overpriced cable. Roku TV setup was easy. No issues whatsoever. Then I went to create account so I can access ID GO. It's laughable how many attempts I've made. I am now up to well over 20 times. I know that because they text you a code each time. This is totally unacceptable. Sick of them saying "our spectrum app is down." Well FIX THE DAMN THING!!!! It's been a week now!!! Unbelievable.

Original review: July 7, 2019

From 2/1/19 through today, 7/7/19, I’ve been trying to accomplish one thing: having the the account from my former address closed and being billed only for my new account. This has included hours on the phone with representatives to supervisors to the most recent, someone named LaQuadra, at the “escalation” level.

I have names including Bobby, Jeff, Jeffrey, a supervisor who blew off a phone call scheduled for 9pm on Monday, 7/1, for which I made a point of being home, and another one for 4pm on 7/2. Additionally, there was Brandon and and Dan and Jaime and John in Billing.

The icing on the cake were collection warnings re the former account, which I had been told not to pay until the situation was straightened out and most recently, a bill for $608.38 for my current services, which doesn’t reflect payments I’ve made on either account. Through all of this, no last names and no way to reach the same person twice, requiring a tortuously long explanation with each call; one person dealing with a huge company and anonymous incompetence. The words I’d like to use to describe this endless nightmare are off limits here.

Original review: June 30, 2019

My internet wasn't working, so I called. They simply said they'd send somebody out - no mention of a charge. A week later my internet gets cut out of nowhere, and I check my account to see that I have a service charge. When I call to get it removed because no one warned me, they don't respond to that point. They just keep repeating that it's a "valid charge" and won't remove it. Switching ASAP.

Spectrum Company Information