3.7/5 (2454 ratings)

About Spectrum

Spectrum Internet provides internet, phone and home entertainment coverage to millions of homes across the country. It offers three plans with different internet speeds and multimedia options. Customers can combine TV, internet and voice services for the most cost-effective deal and take advantage of internet speeds as fast as 940 Mbps. Before you buy, it’s important to know that while Spectrum offers service in 44 states, not all features and speeds are offered in all areas.

Pros

• Offers a free modem
  • No long-term contracts
  • Packages for different budgets

Cons

• Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Spectrum is a reliable internet and home entertainment service provider. There are no long-term contracts, and the company offers fast speeds for heavy internet users.

Top Spectrum Reviews

Verified

The customer service is great. Everyone is very nice… You can call them anytime and they will help you with tech support and take the time to talk to you. You can change your plan...

Verified

I am retired and spend the vast majority of my time at home within WiFi range… Spectrum's unlimited talk and text plan with 1 gig of mobile data for $14 per month is perfectly sui...

What is Spectrum?

Spectrum offers internet speeds of up to 940 Mbps for heavy internet users and those who stream HD video on multiple devices, but it also provides a basic package and an option for those who want something in between.

Spectrum Internet
Spectrum is known for its internet options that let you choose an internet package that fits how you use the internet. Through Spectrum, you can choose from three internet options:
  • The Basic Internet service offers 10 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.
  • The Internet Ultra option offers up to 400 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.
  • The Internet Gig plan offers up to 940 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.

If you are currently struggling with slow and unreliable internet speeds, Spectrum will buy you out of your existing contract so you don’t have to worry about early termination fees. Spectrum also offers free modems.

Spectrum TV
Through Spectrum, you can choose between four TV package options.
  • The TV Select option gives you access to popular movies, sports and news channels along with many on-demand options. You also get 125 channels with free HD.
  • The TV Silver option includes all the channel options from TV Select plus premium channels like HBO Max, Showtime and NFL Network. With this plan, you get more than 175 channels with free HD.
  • The TV Gold plan gives you everything in the Silver package plus Starz, Starz Encore and TMC. This option includes more than 200 channels with free HD.
  • The Mi Plan Latino TV gives customers Spanish and English programming options and thousands of on-demand choices. The Mi Plan Latino TV option comes in three tiers: Basic, Silver and Gold.
Spectrum Voice
Spectrum Voice offers reliable home phone service with unlimited calling throughout the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico. There are no contracts and no hidden costs or fees. Additionally, if you call 911 from your Spectrum home phone, emergency services can find you based on your Spectrum service. Some of the features you can expect from Spectrum Voice include:
  • Voicemail
  • Call blocker
  • Caller ID on TV
  • Anonymous call blocker
  • Call forwarding

The Spectrum Voice International plan is $5 a month and provides unlimited calling up to 70 countries throughout Europe and India.

Bundling your internet and home entertainment services is a good way to save money. You can bundle two or all three of the options. You can check to see what bundling deals and promotions are available in your area by inputting your zip code into the website.

Spectrum internet prices

Since there are so many different options and ways to bundle Spectrum’s services, price varies based on your location, current promotions and your service options.

If you’re just looking for internet, you can expect to pay:

• $45 a month for 24 months for Basic Internet
  • $65 a month for 24 months for Internet Ultra
  • $105 a month for 24 months for Internet Gig

Taxes, fees, and surcharges are extra and subject to change during and after the promotional period; installation/network activation, equipment and additional services are also extra.

If you’re looking for home entertainment and TV services, you can expect to pay:

• $45 a month for 12 months for TV Select
  • $70 a month for 12 months for TV Silver
  • $90 a month for 12 months for TV Gold
  • $35 a month for 12 months for Mi Plan Latino TV

If you’re looking for Spectrum Voice services, expect to pay $29.99 a month for voice only or $9.99 per month for voice bundled with TV and/or internet.

Spectrum FAQ

How can I pay my Spectrum bill?
Spectrum gives customers multiple ways to pay a bill, including by mail, through the app, online, over the phone or by going into a Spectrum location.
What is the cost of Spectrum internet only?
Internet prices range from $45 to $105 a month.
Can I watch Spectrum TV without a cable box?
You can download the Spectrum app on an Xbox or newer model Samsung TVs.
Does Spectrum charge extra for Wi-Fi?
Spectrum offers a free modem for internet access, but you have to pay $5 per month to activate the Wi-Fi option.
Does Spectrum offer a senior discount?
Yes. The Spectrum Internet Assist program lets qualified households sign up for low-income internet assistance. This program includes a free internet modem, 30 Mbps internet, no data caps, no contracts and optional in-home Wi-Fi service.

Is Spectrum internet good?

Spectrum is known for providing consistent and reliable internet service. The company has several options, which means you won’t end up paying too much for internet speeds that are faster than you need. It’s a good fit for those who do not want to commit to long-term contracts, who use Wi-Fi hotspots regularly and who like to save by bundling their services.

Spectrum Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Spectrum is fine but the sales agent who set me up for the service did a lot of misrepresentations and it took a lot of time and long hold times and a trip to the store to resolve. Buyer please understand the products and write them down so you can refer back to what you were told and what you received. The service is good, but be sure to know what you signed up for. The person at the store was awesome.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

We had Spectrum back when it was Brighthouse Networks. Once it became Spectrum, at first it was horrible. The monthly bill kept going up and up. We were at about 200.00 a month and said no more. Went to strictly streaming. Spectrum kept sending offers via mail. After about three years we decided that we would try Spectrum again. The offer is good. Actually paying less than we were with the different streaming apps. Everyone has been extremely nice and pleasant to work with. So far really good. They have 5G network and all our devices are working well. We are happy.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Pretty decent service for the amount being charged. There are a lot too for others service providers who charge almost double for the same internet speed. Spectrum has gotten better over the years with their customer service and internet speed. Also, there three level of internet service so you choose what is best for your internet of speed and money. Overall it is a good company to have as your ISP. Even though they also offer bundle packages which can save some more money if the customer is interested. But they are not pushing and won’t force you to commit to a bundle plan. But for the people who need it, it is a good option to have.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Generally very good, however they raised the rates significantly in the past 2 years. $80 a month for internet service is too high. They do have better service than my previous provider who they recently bought out. Only complaint in that regard is when service is out and you call them, they will often be "unaware" of any service outage in my area. This has happened twice even though I saw one of their service vehicle in my neighborhood at the time I placed the call. Strange?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I was with Cricket Wireless for 30 months. Happy with the service. However I discovered that Spectrum Mobile MVNO is on Verizon's network. I have clearer calls and the data speed is much faster then Cricket. So I switched to Spectrum; I bought a new LG phone (like LG phones). I was able to port my number within less than 10 - 15 minutes.. I do not use much data away from home. I use wifi at home.. It is rare for me to use more that 0.75 gigs of data.. Hey $14.00 per month on Verizon. NO-BRAINER there. I like the fact hot-spot tethering is part of the plan. But I like the idea $45.00 is max charge if I go past my data plan. Spectrum has the best phone support I have used for assistance.. Spectrum customer support is very, very courteous.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Account **. On or after 3/2/21 I returned my equipment back to Spectrum because of a move from WI to TX and I could not transfer services which I had made this known previously to Spectrum customer support. I spoke with an office employee when returning my equipment because spectrum was trying to charge me for it. Returned the equipment and thought nothing else of it.

Flash forward I start to receive non stop harassing calls from Spectrum demanding I pay them for the whole month of March. I spoke to a customer service rep and explained I returned my equipment and they agreed it was on the second but that because Spectrum changed their rules that I would have to pay for the whole month of non use. This is unacceptable and I can see many problems arising from this business practice. I see others have complained of the same thing I am experiencing here as well. I want the harassing calls to stop and Spectrum correct my account. I have been a loyal customer for years.

Original review: May 4, 2021

They are bunch of liars. It's truly a waste of time to call Spectrum. Avoid this company or else you'd be complaining why isn't there a ZERO rating available. I've had awful experience with these guys and I can't find a single person using their service that don't!

Original review: May 3, 2021

I've been fighting with Spectrum for two weeks. I have complained to FCC, FTC and the state attorney where I lived. I had to cancel my service 6 days into the billing cycle due to a move out of state. Now they are charging me $232 for 6 days of service due to their no refund, no prorate policy. One of their reps. told me they were a month to month service like Netflix.

The difference between a monthly subscription service like Netflix, and Spectrum is when you cancel service with Netflix on the 15th of the month you still get to watch their programs until the end of the month. They don't refund or prorate but you still get what you paid for until your subscription ends. With Spectrum you get nothing but a bill. I had no access to their service after I was disconnected, no email, no internet, no cable. I can't believe this is legal. Just received my 5th call from Spectrum stating they stand by their billing policy. Avoid them if you can. I will never use another cable company.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I wish I did my homework and read reviews of the service before taking the plunge. I have other Spectrum services and thought I could save money switching to Spectrum Mobile. I called and explained to the rep that I had Verizon Prepaid and the service did not work well at my home where I also work. I depend on cell service (and wifi helped but could not use send or receive texts, which I depend on for work). Phone could not get service till I drove 5-mins down the road. Customer service told me Verizon Prepaid is secondary service and I was GUARANTEED better service with Spectrum Mobile.

I called first two days and asked what can I do, purchase a booster? Phone wasn't working, rep tells me go get a different service. Called and spoke to a second representative who did try to help me get my phone to work but to no success, she tells me I have 14-days to get a refund. Since I brought my own devices the only thing I know is I can get a refund on service. Took me several days to get my AT&T service but cancelled Spectrum 9 days after signing up for it. So that is how you save money. They steal money from people who cancel the service. Sad that a Company like Spectrum rips people off that way but I believe they would likely go bankrupt if they had to return every customer's money who cancelled service. Save yourself time, money and aggravation and get a service like AT&T.

Original review: April 22, 2021

Monopoly behavior and charge! I cancelled my internet at the store one the 3rd day of a month, the agent didn't notify me they will still charge me the whole month. And I feel the internet speed gets slower with time. They will increase your monthly fee without extra notification except that tiny sentence in that big statement page, which looks pretty similar every month.

Spectrum Company Information