Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.41/5
Based on 1,217 ratings submitted in the last year

Spectrum Reviews

Original review: July 23, 2019

So... I decided to visit a concert at the casinos in Stateline NV. During this event, someone picked my pocket and got my phone. :( I had some serious help from both Katie from the Greenville SC call center and the Cassie in the NY call center! They both took a horrible situation and made it much better by showing understanding about my phone being stolen not lost. Not only did they blacklist the phone so nobody can use it, they also helped me by not forcing me to pay for the stolen phone balance! No other provider would do that...not one!! They have me as a customer for life. Thanks Spectrum, Katie, and Cassie for superior customer service!

Original review: June 25, 2019

We have had Spectrum for almost a year now and have no complaints. We had DirecTV and HughesNet (internet). Spectrum reimbursed us for the early termination fees. The quality of the cable and internet has been great. I had no trouble getting a tech on the phone when I inadvertently damaged the internet cable last year and the buried orange cable two weeks ago. Spectrum spliced the cables on both occasions and didn't charge me a thing! I noticed that Spectrum's ratings and reviews on the internet are not great, but I would attribute that to the fact that irritated customers are more likely to leave a review that satisfied customers. Customers complain about the cost of Spectrum service, but I found that the cost is on par with DirecTV and internet service providers.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2019

When I went with Spectrum I took the bundle package TV internet landline and never used the landline once, my bill was $105.00 per month, after 1 year without notice the bill is now $155.00. I called and the person I dealt with was pleasant and tried to explain to which she was right I should have read the fine print. So I ask her if I could get the new promotional ad and was told no it was for new customers only. She explained I could leave for 90 days and come back however the promo may not be available. I am on disability and budget my money very well, but since then I have had to pay my bill in 3 payments each month. I enjoy having spectrum but it's getting harder to pay. If spectrum would look at the people leaving versus new customers does this make for a good business practice? I wish they would reconsider and allow existing customers to take advantage of the new promotional plans.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Let me share my recent customer service experiences w Spectrum! I Ordered cable & internet from Spectrum because the apartment I moved to would not allow DISH. I was sold by Spectrum “the Apple TV” streaming box instead of a 3rd cable box for the same price. Before Spectrum, I was with another company and obviously, I don’t intend to mention their name.

After spending majority of my time on the phone with their so called “CUSTOMER NO SERVICE “, they reluctantly agreed to a return/replacement, which could take 7-10 days with no assurances that the replacement would even work. I faced some technical issues with Spectrum too, but the tech said He could look at my Apple TV setup and that too without any charge. I don’t know much about the product but as far as customer service is concerned, I was sold on it.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Definitely great service, with one catch - the monthly rate keeps creeping up with no advance notice. The bill lacks a breakdown of the charges; so, you have no idea what has increased, and it seems to be just a few dollars at a time - but, it does add up and seems a bit shady.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

They're not worthy of one star. Horrible experience because of horrible store employee and store schematics. Which top level manager thought that combining a cable/internet customer service store WITH a cellular service store was a good idea? I just wanted to return a cable box and modem; waited almost 40 minutes to walk up and hand the lady my modem and cable box. She scanned them, handed me my receipt and I walked out. Total service time..less than 2 minutes.

All the while I was there, the two other Spectrum workers were showing phones, discussing phone plans, and trying to set up contracts. 4 people walked into the store and left when they realized the wait time was over 45 minutes. The young guy working there on Jan. 21 was totally incompetent AND rude. Customers were asking to work with someone else. I wouldn't go back to this store if they offered me two free years of every service they provide. I never thought anyone could proved worse customer service than TWC. Since Spectrum took over, they've lower the bar beyond the abyss.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I called Spectrum on, 11/18/2019, to cancel my service due to me moving. My sister could not add service at the location until I canceled my service. I requested to have the service canceled on 11/23/2019, but I changed it to 11/25/2019. I asked the representative do they prorate, and she said no. I was asking the question because I didn't know if I was paying early or if I would owe anything additional. The representative stated that I was paid up for the billing cycle of 10/22/2019 to 11/23/2019. I agreed, and the call was disconnected.

I received a bill for $164, and I called Spectrum to voice my concern. I have spoken to several supervisors, which they have reviewed the call, and they all state that the charges are valid. I disagree with their decision because I was charged a whole month's subscription for just having the service two days after the billing cycle, and my sister started service on 11/25/2019. So Spectrum would be receiving double the subscription for one month. Also, they sent the unpaid balance to a collection agency. Their customer service and understanding has been very lacking.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

The only service that works properly in my home is the landline phone. Internet reminds me of Sprint services which are the worst, the cable tv guide and other things constantly are unavailable. Not to mention if you're late on your bill they will disconnect your already not working properly services and expect you to pay for services you're not able to use for the rest of the billing cycle. Supervisors are not worth a ** could careless about a customer. This is why everyone is switching to Cinti Bell internet and purchasing firesticks to watch tv. I will be doing the same.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Spectrum seems to have a monopoly in the area and they don't care whether customers are satisfied with the services or policies. Hidden fees are ridiculously high!!! There should be some form of regularized control over companies such as this! Very upsetting!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have had Spectrum internet for a year and opted to change due to increased bills after my initial introductory period of 12 months. The price increased by $15, which I did know would happen. I have had no issues with the service but when I cancelled after installing a different service I was told that they only do monthly billing with no proration. Therefore, I will have to pay a full month's service, less the 4 days I actually used the service during this billing period. I do not recall ever being informed of this when I signed up. They did offer to let me keep the service active for the full month, but there was no reason to do that since the new service was already active. I have not had a similar experience with any company that billed me monthly for services and feel this is just a way to grab just a little more of my money. There is apparently no recourse, but be wise if you decide to use Spectrum and plan ahead according to billing date.

Not sure about Spectrum?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Internet Service Provider for you.

Spectrum Company Information