Shop on FYI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

Spectrum Internet provides internet, phone and home entertainment coverage to millions of homes across the country. It offers three plans with different internet speeds and multimedia options. Customers can combine TV, internet and voice services for the most cost-effective deal and take advantage of internet speeds as fast as 940 Mbps. Before you buy, it’s important to know that while Spectrum offers service in 44 states, not all features and speeds are offered in all areas.

BOTTOM LINE

Spectrum is a reliable internet and home entertainment service provider. There are no long-term contracts, and the company offers fast speeds for heavy internet users.

PROS

• Offers a free modem
  • No long-term contracts
  • Packages for different budgets

CONS

• Not available in all states

Top Spectrum Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

The customer service is great. Everyone is very nice… You can call them anytime and they will help you with tech support and take the time to talk to you. You can change your plan at any time and offer all the latest smartphones. They're great and would recommend to everyone.

I am retired and spend the vast majority of my time at home within WiFi range… Spectrum's unlimited talk and text plan with 1 gig of mobile data for $14 per month is perfectly suited for me. Have access to mobile data when needed and the coverage is excellent… Am very pleased with service and value.

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

What is Spectrum?

Spectrum offers internet speeds of up to 940 Mbps for heavy internet users and those who stream HD video on multiple devices, but it also provides a basic package and an option for those who want something in between.

Spectrum Internet
Spectrum is known for its internet options that let you choose an internet package that fits how you use the internet. Through Spectrum, you can choose from three internet options:
  • The Basic Internet service offers 10 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.
  • The Internet Ultra option offers up to 400 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.
  • The Internet Gig plan offers up to 940 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.

If you are currently struggling with slow and unreliable internet speeds, Spectrum will buy you out of your existing contract so you don’t have to worry about early termination fees. Spectrum also offers free modems.

Spectrum TV
Through Spectrum, you can choose between four TV package options.
  • The TV Select option gives you access to popular movies, sports and news channels along with many on-demand options. You also get 125 channels with free HD.
  • The TV Silver option includes all the channel options from TV Select plus premium channels like HBO Max, Showtime and NFL Network. With this plan, you get more than 175 channels with free HD.
  • The TV Gold plan gives you everything in the Silver package plus Starz, Starz Encore and TMC. This option includes more than 200 channels with free HD.
  • The Mi Plan Latino TV gives customers Spanish and English programming options and thousands of on-demand choices. The Mi Plan Latino TV option comes in three tiers: Basic, Silver and Gold.
Spectrum Voice
Spectrum Voice offers reliable home phone service with unlimited calling throughout the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico. There are no contracts and no hidden costs or fees. Additionally, if you call 911 from your Spectrum home phone, emergency services can find you based on your Spectrum service. Some of the features you can expect from Spectrum Voice include:
  • Voicemail
  • Call blocker
  • Caller ID on TV
  • Anonymous call blocker
  • Call forwarding

The Spectrum Voice International plan is $5 a month and provides unlimited calling up to 70 countries throughout Europe and India.

Bundling your internet and home entertainment services is a good way to save money. You can bundle two or all three of the options. You can check to see what bundling deals and promotions are available in your area by inputting your zip code into the website.

Spectrum internet prices

Since there are so many different options and ways to bundle Spectrum’s services, price varies based on your location, current promotions and your service options.

If you’re just looking for internet, you can expect to pay:

• $45 a month for 24 months for Basic Internet
  • $65 a month for 24 months for Internet Ultra
  • $105 a month for 24 months for Internet Gig

Taxes, fees, and surcharges are extra and subject to change during and after the promotional period; installation/network activation, equipment and additional services are also extra.

If you’re looking for home entertainment and TV services, you can expect to pay:

• $45 a month for 12 months for TV Select
  • $70 a month for 12 months for TV Silver
  • $90 a month for 12 months for TV Gold
  • $35 a month for 12 months for Mi Plan Latino TV

If you’re looking for Spectrum Voice services, expect to pay $29.99 a month for voice only or $9.99 per month for voice bundled with TV and/or internet.

Spectrum FAQ

How can I pay my Spectrum bill?
Spectrum gives customers multiple ways to pay a bill, including by mail, through the app, online, over the phone or by going into a Spectrum location.
What is the cost of Spectrum internet only?
Internet prices range from $45 to $105 a month.
Can I watch Spectrum TV without a cable box?
You can download the Spectrum app on an Xbox or newer model Samsung TVs.
Does Spectrum charge extra for Wi-Fi?
Spectrum offers a free modem for internet access, but you have to pay $5 per month to activate the Wi-Fi option.
Does Spectrum offer a senior discount?
Yes. The Spectrum Internet Assist program lets qualified households sign up for low-income internet assistance. This program includes a free internet modem, 30 Mbps internet, no data caps, no contracts and optional in-home Wi-Fi service.

Is Spectrum internet good?

Spectrum is known for providing consistent and reliable internet service. The company has several options, which means you won’t end up paying too much for internet speeds that are faster than you need. It’s a good fit for those who do not want to commit to long-term contracts, who use Wi-Fi hotspots regularly and who like to save by bundling their services.

Spectrum Reviews

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Had Spectrum (formerly TWC) service for 4 years in Southern California before our move to Idaho where they're not available. Service was reliable, speeds were good, no data caps to be had, and pricing was consistent. As internet service has become another public utility, Spectrum did their job very well.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Streaming with Spectrum is cost effective, affordable, more bang for your buck at $24 a month and $15 for movie bundle total $39 a month for all the channels and on demand and movies you could ever want and one phone call away for outstanding customer service. You don’t have to chat online. For.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Spectrum - I have been with them for other services for a long time then recently they came out with a new cell phone business. I usually find a cell store and stick with them but I made the move to spectrum after talking to a phone representative and going to one of there walk in stores. Showed me all the plans prices and they set it all up for me. The customer service is great. Everyone is very nice. They have quite a few stores. They have hot spots all over. You have access to a online app to see your information and to change things yourself. You can call them anytime and they will help you with tech support and take the time to talk to you. You can change your plan at any time and offer all the latest smartphones. They're great and would recommend to everyone.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I am retired and spend the vast majority of my time at home within WiFi range. Don't use large amounts of mobile data. Spectrum's unlimited talk and text plan with 1 gig of mobile data for $14 per month is perfectly suited for me. Have access to mobile data when needed and the coverage is excellent. Also total monthly bill is $14.00, no additional fees or taxes. Am very pleased with service and value.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I’ve had my ups and downs with Time Warner/Spectrum over the years, but I commend them for always striving to provide an excellent customer service experience. The agents are always informative, willing to help, but most of all they’re personable. They talk to you as if you were face to face with them (not scripted). Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Called to cancel service due to my mom's passing. Problem is I called 2 days after billing cycle started. Instead of getting the bill prorated for the two days will charge the full 30 days. Absolutely horrible experience that I will not forget.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I had a bill sent to a collections agency after 45 days. I called Spectrum as soon as I received the letter from collections. I had no idea what it was for, apparently for a modem I did not return. I explained I did not receive a bill and I would pay it. I had that account for 14 years without a single billing issue. All I ask is that my record not be permanently affected by this mishap and 4 customer service agents and 2 hours later - they won't put a Supervisor on the phone and I am told no one can fix this issue. So disappointing you can be a 14 year customer with a solid accounting history and they can't even be bothered. Horrible...

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I have been a customer of Spectrum for over 15 years. We do not watch cable anymore so I decided to save the $100 a month and call and cancel. The internet is fine. I called on the 26th and was told that on the 26th of each month, a new billing cycle begins and I could cancel but I would have to pay for the whole month. Or I can wait and call on the 25th of next month to cancel. Spectrum 100% does not provide pro-rated services or credits of any kind. This has to be one of the worst customer service tactics to retain customers I've ever seen. Absolutely about money and not customer satisfaction. As soon as I find a comparable internet provider, I will be cancelling that as well. Beyond shady and I am extremely dissatisfied.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I have used Spectrum for a couple of years; in process of moving contacted them two weeks in advance about needs for termination and where to turn in equipment. I also had to have new internet placed into my new location so I used them with an overlap of five days due to moving companies not available. I received my bill for the old location for a full month's of service since I used three days into the new billing cycle... NO ONE from the company warned me about this deceitful practice that I should turn my equipment in three days earlier than I planned causing me an additional bill for THREE days of usage of over $200; plus I had a full month's bill for for new location.

Wish I had known about this deceitful practice of full billing with no proration prior to installing them into my new location. BY the way, I had to purchase a $300 router from Micro systems since the new one I was provided failed to support one PC from Spectrum, junk equipment and now over $400 additional costs... Find someone else to do your service

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

They sent my account to collections almost 5 ½ years after I paid my “final bill” without contacting me about any outstanding balance beforehand. When I called to inquire, they stated they didn’t have any info on my acct because it was “too old” – they couldn’t even provide me with the info they gave the Collections Agency a few months ago. Their solution? Have me pay my bill – even though the negative impact will remain on my credit for years to come!

Spectrum Company Information