Shop on FYI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.20/5

Spectrum Internet provides internet, phone and home entertainment coverage to millions of homes across the country. It offers three plans with different internet speeds and multimedia options. Customers can combine TV, internet and voice services for the most cost-effective deal and take advantage of internet speeds as fast as 940 Mbps. Before you buy, it’s important to know that while Spectrum offers service in 44 states, not all features and speeds are offered in all areas.

BOTTOM LINE

Spectrum is a reliable internet and home entertainment service provider. There are no long-term contracts, and the company offers fast speeds for heavy internet users.

PROS

• Offers a free modem
  • No long-term contracts
  • Packages for different budgets

CONS

• Not available in all states

Top Spectrum Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

The customer service is great. Everyone is very nice… You can call them anytime and they will help you with tech support and take the time to talk to you. You can change your plan at any time and offer all the latest smartphones. They're great and would recommend to everyone.

I am retired and spend the vast majority of my time at home within WiFi range… Spectrum's unlimited talk and text plan with 1 gig of mobile data for $14 per month is perfectly suited for me. Have access to mobile data when needed and the coverage is excellent… Am very pleased with service and value.

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

What is Spectrum?

Spectrum offers internet speeds of up to 940 Mbps for heavy internet users and those who stream HD video on multiple devices, but it also provides a basic package and an option for those who want something in between.

Spectrum Internet
Spectrum is known for its internet options that let you choose an internet package that fits how you use the internet. Through Spectrum, you can choose from three internet options:
  • The Basic Internet service offers 10 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.
  • The Internet Ultra option offers up to 400 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.
  • The Internet Gig plan offers up to 940 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.

If you are currently struggling with slow and unreliable internet speeds, Spectrum will buy you out of your existing contract so you don’t have to worry about early termination fees. Spectrum also offers free modems.

Spectrum TV
Through Spectrum, you can choose between four TV package options.
  • The TV Select option gives you access to popular movies, sports and news channels along with many on-demand options. You also get 125 channels with free HD.
  • The TV Silver option includes all the channel options from TV Select plus premium channels like HBO Max, Showtime and NFL Network. With this plan, you get more than 175 channels with free HD.
  • The TV Gold plan gives you everything in the Silver package plus Starz, Starz Encore and TMC. This option includes more than 200 channels with free HD.
  • The Mi Plan Latino TV gives customers Spanish and English programming options and thousands of on-demand choices. The Mi Plan Latino TV option comes in three tiers: Basic, Silver and Gold.
Spectrum Voice
Spectrum Voice offers reliable home phone service with unlimited calling throughout the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico. There are no contracts and no hidden costs or fees. Additionally, if you call 911 from your Spectrum home phone, emergency services can find you based on your Spectrum service. Some of the features you can expect from Spectrum Voice include:
  • Voicemail
  • Call blocker
  • Caller ID on TV
  • Anonymous call blocker
  • Call forwarding

The Spectrum Voice International plan is $5 a month and provides unlimited calling up to 70 countries throughout Europe and India.

Bundling your internet and home entertainment services is a good way to save money. You can bundle two or all three of the options. You can check to see what bundling deals and promotions are available in your area by inputting your zip code into the website.

Spectrum internet prices

Since there are so many different options and ways to bundle Spectrum’s services, price varies based on your location, current promotions and your service options.

If you’re just looking for internet, you can expect to pay:

• $45 a month for 24 months for Basic Internet
  • $65 a month for 24 months for Internet Ultra
  • $105 a month for 24 months for Internet Gig

Taxes, fees, and surcharges are extra and subject to change during and after the promotional period; installation/network activation, equipment and additional services are also extra.

If you’re looking for home entertainment and TV services, you can expect to pay:

• $45 a month for 12 months for TV Select
  • $70 a month for 12 months for TV Silver
  • $90 a month for 12 months for TV Gold
  • $35 a month for 12 months for Mi Plan Latino TV

If you’re looking for Spectrum Voice services, expect to pay $29.99 a month for voice only or $9.99 per month for voice bundled with TV and/or internet.

Spectrum FAQ

How can I pay my Spectrum bill?
Spectrum gives customers multiple ways to pay a bill, including by mail, through the app, online, over the phone or by going into a Spectrum location.
What is the cost of Spectrum internet only?
Internet prices range from $45 to $105 a month.
Can I watch Spectrum TV without a cable box?
You can download the Spectrum app on an Xbox or newer model Samsung TVs.
Does Spectrum charge extra for Wi-Fi?
Spectrum offers a free modem for internet access, but you have to pay $5 per month to activate the Wi-Fi option.
Does Spectrum offer a senior discount?
Yes. The Spectrum Internet Assist program lets qualified households sign up for low-income internet assistance. This program includes a free internet modem, 30 Mbps internet, no data caps, no contracts and optional in-home Wi-Fi service.

Is Spectrum internet good?

Spectrum is known for providing consistent and reliable internet service. The company has several options, which means you won’t end up paying too much for internet speeds that are faster than you need. It’s a good fit for those who do not want to commit to long-term contracts, who use Wi-Fi hotspots regularly and who like to save by bundling their services.

Spectrum Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: May 22, 2020

Streaming with Spectrum is cost effective, affordable, more bang for your buck at $24 a month and $15 for movie bundle total $39 a month for all the channels and on demand and movies you could ever want and one phone call away for outstanding customer service. You don’t have to chat online. For.

Original review: April 13, 2020

We have saved about 60.00 per month since the switch. You cannot choose your payment date and they require ACH. It's on Verizon I think so if you switch from AT&T it's a little different at first but nothing that was a big deal. Service is about the same.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Spectrum - I have been with them for other services for a long time then recently they came out with a new cell phone business. I usually find a cell store and stick with them but I made the move to spectrum after talking to a phone representative and going to one of there walk in stores. Showed me all the plans prices and they set it all up for me. The customer service is great. Everyone is very nice. They have quite a few stores. They have hot spots all over. You have access to a online app to see your information and to change things yourself. You can call them anytime and they will help you with tech support and take the time to talk to you. You can change your plan at any time and offer all the latest smartphones. They're great and would recommend to everyone.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I am retired and spend the vast majority of my time at home within WiFi range. Don't use large amounts of mobile data. Spectrum's unlimited talk and text plan with 1 gig of mobile data for $14 per month is perfectly suited for me. Have access to mobile data when needed and the coverage is excellent. Also total monthly bill is $14.00, no additional fees or taxes. Am very pleased with service and value.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I’ve had my ups and downs with Time Warner/Spectrum over the years, but I commend them for always striving to provide an excellent customer service experience. The agents are always informative, willing to help, but most of all they’re personable. They talk to you as if you were face to face with them (not scripted). Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Since Early on in March shortly after move in I have not had a steady internet connection. I have had no less than 10 techs, including Q/A techs (2) from March to recently. The Internet Repair Department Acknowledges from back end diagnosis that My modem keeps timing out and my router is not syncing properly. I have had multiple equipment replacements but that is not the issue. Internet Repair over the phone has stated multiple times that my issue is indicative of a main line issue, and internet repair for months has been trying without success to send a maintenance department to look and rewire my lines in the grass and rehang at the pole. The last two techs that were here this month pointed out signal interference at the access point, further indicating trouble with the line.

Since March or April Internet Repair on the phone has largely suspected I have an issue in the line. The last Q/A tech stated my noise level was in the orange and he really tried to get dispatch or a supervisor to get their maintenance out here to repair the line. Again at least 10 techs over 9 months with the last few acknowledging that they are escalating it to be resolved by maintenance only to find out that a signal noise in "orange" and the constant resyncing of my router and the non stop timeouts by my modem for months indicate that an issue needs to be addressed (the tech told me to day that whom he spoke to that an signal level in orange is not a concern for dispatch) and maintenance and accepts that I have to constantly restart/reboot modem and router to catch the sync..As a normal Operating procedure that Spectrum has in place, even though I am told for 10 months now they will fix it.

The Dispatch Department over the past several months has, according to the field techs and internet repair, Dismissed all of their escalations to the Maintenance department basically meaning Spectrum WILL NOT FIX THE INTERNET here even with being presented with evidence both onsite, in screenshots, and with internet repair back end logs. I have paid full price for service since moving in, it is only recently that Spectrum has started giving my hundreds of dollars in credits. I do not care about credits, I want my internet to be fixed.

Spectrum is not doing it after months of trouble calls for the same thing exact things: noise on the line, intermittent internet, modem time outs and router not syncing. Thus I feel like I have no recourse but to at this point ask the BBB to come in and help mediate. Internet Repair and field techs over the past 6 or 7 visits have attempted to escalate it to maintenance and the dispatch department is chronically dismissing it as bad quality internet is Spectrum's standard apparently. I have said I am tired of field techs to come when I am being actively told that Maintenance has been escalated but to find out the Dispatch Department dismisses them. One tech surmised that Dispatch is telling the techs "Not to have my lines fixed because I live in an apartment building and it is too much work for dispatch."

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Even with promotional rates promised for 3 years, they still raise rates after 1 year. Claim it's "still a promotion" just less of a discount. This, on top of horrible Internet Service (finally had to buy my own modem/router, as theirs was pure junk!). I was losing service from 5-20 times per day, until I got my own modem/router. The combined elements of: Lying about the length of promotional rates; poor service; and, cable app that keeps buffering and going haywire, I'd rate Spectrum as being a colossal failure. They know we're trapped, as the choice here is only them or Frontier, and they're both equally as unreliable and overly expensive.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I am paying 85$ (400 mb) for very bad and unstable service and what I just notice is charging the customer with every bill 4.99 as wire maintenance fee without even notifying us, when I talked to manager from the billing department, he was the rudest person ever, unfortunately it is the only service available in my area.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I moved and service is not available at my new location. I received my regular bill by email on September 3rd stating it was due on September 18th. I returned all equipment to a Spectrum store on September 3rd. I received a new final statement on September 5th. My issue is that first, I have a $61 charge for an unreturned router. 2nd, I am being charged for an entire month of services that they are not able to provide me. 3rd, the final bill came as past due. The only issue I was able to resolve when I called and spoke to someone was they admitted the router was returned but somehow wasn't processed before the final bill was emailed. Stated that although they are not able to provide service at new location, they do not pro-rate and I still owe for the entire month. They also said that the final bill is due as soon as service is disconnected, so it is automatically considered past due. Very shady practice towards a long term customer!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I had to jump thru hoops with Spectrum to upgrade my phone with the Spectrum, first I just had to pay half the device off, then next meeting nth phone bill and then pay the device off. I upgraded to LG Stylo 6 from the LG Stylo 5 trading in the phone, within 3 hrs my Stylus got stuck in the phone, because I didn't pay insurance they wouldn't help me or take back as a return. I called LG even though it under warranty they want to charge me from r the repair because of physical damage. I never had a problem with the Stylo 5 so I think it LG Stylo 6 is made cheaply. Beware. Someone else reviewed about the Stylus getting stuck also.

Spectrum Company Information