Shop on FYI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Spectrum Internet provides internet, phone and home entertainment coverage to millions of homes across the country. It offers three plans with different internet speeds and multimedia options. Customers can combine TV, internet and voice services for the most cost-effective deal and take advantage of internet speeds as fast as 940 Mbps. Before you buy, it’s important to know that while Spectrum offers service in 44 states, not all features and speeds are offered in all areas.

BOTTOM LINE

Spectrum is a reliable internet and home entertainment service provider. There are no long-term contracts, and the company offers fast speeds for heavy internet users.

PROS

• Offers a free modem
  • No long-term contracts
  • Packages for different budgets

CONS

• Not available in all states

Top Spectrum Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

The customer service is great. Everyone is very nice… You can call them anytime and they will help you with tech support and take the time to talk to you. You can change your plan at any time and offer all the latest smartphones. They're great and would recommend to everyone.

I am retired and spend the vast majority of my time at home within WiFi range… Spectrum's unlimited talk and text plan with 1 gig of mobile data for $14 per month is perfectly suited for me. Have access to mobile data when needed and the coverage is excellent… Am very pleased with service and value.

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

What is Spectrum?

Spectrum offers internet speeds of up to 940 Mbps for heavy internet users and those who stream HD video on multiple devices, but it also provides a basic package and an option for those who want something in between.

Spectrum Internet
Spectrum is known for its internet options that let you choose an internet package that fits how you use the internet. Through Spectrum, you can choose from three internet options:
  • The Basic Internet service offers 10 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.
  • The Internet Ultra option offers up to 400 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.
  • The Internet Gig plan offers up to 940 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.

If you are currently struggling with slow and unreliable internet speeds, Spectrum will buy you out of your existing contract so you don’t have to worry about early termination fees. Spectrum also offers free modems.

Spectrum TV
Through Spectrum, you can choose between four TV package options.
  • The TV Select option gives you access to popular movies, sports and news channels along with many on-demand options. You also get 125 channels with free HD.
  • The TV Silver option includes all the channel options from TV Select plus premium channels like HBO Max, Showtime and NFL Network. With this plan, you get more than 175 channels with free HD.
  • The TV Gold plan gives you everything in the Silver package plus Starz, Starz Encore and TMC. This option includes more than 200 channels with free HD.
  • The Mi Plan Latino TV gives customers Spanish and English programming options and thousands of on-demand choices. The Mi Plan Latino TV option comes in three tiers: Basic, Silver and Gold.
Spectrum Voice
Spectrum Voice offers reliable home phone service with unlimited calling throughout the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico. There are no contracts and no hidden costs or fees. Additionally, if you call 911 from your Spectrum home phone, emergency services can find you based on your Spectrum service. Some of the features you can expect from Spectrum Voice include:
  • Voicemail
  • Call blocker
  • Caller ID on TV
  • Anonymous call blocker
  • Call forwarding

The Spectrum Voice International plan is $5 a month and provides unlimited calling up to 70 countries throughout Europe and India.

Bundling your internet and home entertainment services is a good way to save money. You can bundle two or all three of the options. You can check to see what bundling deals and promotions are available in your area by inputting your zip code into the website.

Spectrum internet prices

Since there are so many different options and ways to bundle Spectrum’s services, price varies based on your location, current promotions and your service options.

If you’re just looking for internet, you can expect to pay:

• $45 a month for 24 months for Basic Internet
  • $65 a month for 24 months for Internet Ultra
  • $105 a month for 24 months for Internet Gig

Taxes, fees, and surcharges are extra and subject to change during and after the promotional period; installation/network activation, equipment and additional services are also extra.

If you’re looking for home entertainment and TV services, you can expect to pay:

• $45 a month for 12 months for TV Select
  • $70 a month for 12 months for TV Silver
  • $90 a month for 12 months for TV Gold
  • $35 a month for 12 months for Mi Plan Latino TV

If you’re looking for Spectrum Voice services, expect to pay $29.99 a month for voice only or $9.99 per month for voice bundled with TV and/or internet.

Spectrum FAQ

How can I pay my Spectrum bill?
Spectrum gives customers multiple ways to pay a bill, including by mail, through the app, online, over the phone or by going into a Spectrum location.
What is the cost of Spectrum internet only?
Internet prices range from $45 to $105 a month.
Can I watch Spectrum TV without a cable box?
You can download the Spectrum app on an Xbox or newer model Samsung TVs.
Does Spectrum charge extra for Wi-Fi?
Spectrum offers a free modem for internet access, but you have to pay $5 per month to activate the Wi-Fi option.
Does Spectrum offer a senior discount?
Yes. The Spectrum Internet Assist program lets qualified households sign up for low-income internet assistance. This program includes a free internet modem, 30 Mbps internet, no data caps, no contracts and optional in-home Wi-Fi service.

Is Spectrum internet good?

Spectrum is known for providing consistent and reliable internet service. The company has several options, which means you won’t end up paying too much for internet speeds that are faster than you need. It’s a good fit for those who do not want to commit to long-term contracts, who use Wi-Fi hotspots regularly and who like to save by bundling their services.

Spectrum Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: May 22, 2020

Streaming with Spectrum is cost effective, affordable, more bang for your buck at $24 a month and $15 for movie bundle total $39 a month for all the channels and on demand and movies you could ever want and one phone call away for outstanding customer service. You don’t have to chat online. For.

Original review: April 13, 2020

We have saved about 60.00 per month since the switch. You cannot choose your payment date and they require ACH. It's on Verizon I think so if you switch from AT&T it's a little different at first but nothing that was a big deal. Service is about the same.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Spectrum - I have been with them for other services for a long time then recently they came out with a new cell phone business. I usually find a cell store and stick with them but I made the move to spectrum after talking to a phone representative and going to one of there walk in stores. Showed me all the plans prices and they set it all up for me. The customer service is great. Everyone is very nice. They have quite a few stores. They have hot spots all over. You have access to a online app to see your information and to change things yourself. You can call them anytime and they will help you with tech support and take the time to talk to you. You can change your plan at any time and offer all the latest smartphones. They're great and would recommend to everyone.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I am retired and spend the vast majority of my time at home within WiFi range. Don't use large amounts of mobile data. Spectrum's unlimited talk and text plan with 1 gig of mobile data for $14 per month is perfectly suited for me. Have access to mobile data when needed and the coverage is excellent. Also total monthly bill is $14.00, no additional fees or taxes. Am very pleased with service and value.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I’ve had my ups and downs with Time Warner/Spectrum over the years, but I commend them for always striving to provide an excellent customer service experience. The agents are always informative, willing to help, but most of all they’re personable. They talk to you as if you were face to face with them (not scripted). Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I input a complaint recently [**], I was contacted from Spectrum and spoke with Robert, he informed me the calls were reviewed and stated he understood and he was able to get me to a rate of $150ish, on the call he confirmed all equipment and channels I was interested in. He stated if I wanted Own I would need to add tier 1 to this. I informed him to add it. I asked when the promo would end and what my rate would be after it is over, he said around 170ish after 1 year. I asked if this was for everything, the rep confirmed. I stated this was all I wanted and thanked him for getting my rate back down.

I noticed Own was still not working. I was under the impression the new rate promised to me would begin on the new cycle 10/10/20- once I saw the bill, I immediately called back in (10/12/20) to confirm changes and to see why Own was not working. The 1st rep I spoke with said she didn't see any changes or notes about this. I asked for management, she stated she would try to find a manager. Put me on hold and never checked back in with me after serval minutes passing, I hung up and called back in. When the rep answer, I asked for a manager immediately since there were no notes regarding my BBB complaint. A "manager" answered and I expressed my concerns. I told him I was promised a rate and all of my TVs were verified on the call. He mentioned the pricing I was provided was before adding TVs and equipment and tried to explain.

I asked him to pull the call and review this as I was promised to go back to my original quote which was around $150-$170. I was misled and lied to. The "manager" stated he didn't have access to pull the call. I told him this is what I was told. The whole point of this escalation was to lower my bill from the beginning. The bill jumped from $170 to $190. I called in to lower it, I was mislead and then lost my promo causing it to go up to $200+ - I put in a complaint in which I was told my he was putting me on my original plan, this is what I confirmed and verified but this is not what I got. Again, I have been with company for over 5 years and I have home, mobile, cable, and HSI- this is how tenure customers are treated when new customers get more lead way. This is not okay.

On top of this the resolution of the previous complaint was total lies. ["Charter’s records reflect that a Charter representative spoke with Ms. ** and reviewed her account and billing. Ms. ** was placed back in her previous promotional rate and is aware of her subscribed services. Ms. ** was also informed of the date the promotional rate ends. A Charter representative contacted Ms. ** on September 24, 2020 and discussed the above information. The representative provided Charter’s direct contact information to Ms. ** for future reference."] Yes my account was reviewed but I was promised a rate on this call and that's not the case. Also I was not provided with Charter’s direct contact information for future reference. I had to call 704-377-9600 in which they couldn't help because they had no record of the BBB complaint.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Cancelled Spectrum cable TV because totally unaffordable, but apparently if you cancel at the wrong time of the month, nothing can be prorated for services you did not use...ripped off for extra money, threatened with cutoff of remaining service that was kept, and a Rep who was assigned to assist has ignored all messages...almost an hour on phone and they still win...too expensive, rates continue to increase and no choice of bundle selection..take it or leave it...Spectrum is a horrible company and has no respect for the consumer... do not recommend.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

When I sold my home, I cancelled my service and returned my equipment...Spectrum continues to bill me and deny that I cancelled and denied I returned my equipment when I have proof of both. I was supposed to get a refund but they continue to bill me. I have several open complaints, but they keep calling and billing....when I call them back, they never take my call. They are scammers!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I was moving to a different apartment in the same building. I decided to drop my phone but keep my cable. The process to make this change was horrible. I was on the phone twice for over an hour and it was still not done correctly. I am in a retirement home and my daughter was helping me but they would not speak to her and she is not allowed in because of Covid. I could not do it online either. When my service was set up originally, I had an appointment and they were over one 1 hour late. I cannot believe this company can get away with providing such horrible processes and horrible customer service. And, by the way, being polite over the phone when the work is never done correctly still constitutes having horrible customer service.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

Oh man... So before I wrote this review, I read the reviews of several others. Unbelievable... It's really apparent what kind of company is for the customer and which are for money. Spectrum is ALL about the money! Similar story... I was paying over $200 a month for really bad service and price hikes. Never late with a payment...which they used to their advantage. Paid the monthly bill early, as always, and it was the first week of football... No Red Zone. But I've been paying for that package since last season ended. Call Spectrum, "Sorry that part of your OLD package has been removed. If you want to add it, it'll be $12 more a month." I was mad enough to say, "No..just cancel my cable and I'll keep the internet... I'll look elsewhere for entertainment."

The guy on the phone KNEW I wouldn't be credited or refunded or he would have said that, "The bill you just paid is for the next month so if I were you I'd cancel at the end of the month cause it's paid up till then." Nope... Not a word. Next bill comes for $70. Whoa, whoa, whoa! I should have about $80 credit! 'Nope, sorry. It's our policy not to credit or refund." Are you kidding me?! You have provided NOTHING for that money you just stole from me! How the hell is this possible and/or legal?! I read a review here that said in a nut shell they were suspicious of this company getting 5 out of 5 stars for a review...or 'fake review'. AGREED! I've never read so many similar 'policy' ripoffs to loyal customers in my life. Remember when they were the ones threatening hefty fines and jail time for cable piracy?! Who's the pirate now?

Spectrum Company Information