Spectrum

Spectrum Reviews

About Spectrum

Spectrum Internet provides internet, phone and home entertainment coverage to millions of homes across the country. It offers three plans with different internet speeds and multimedia options. Customers can combine TV, internet and voice services for the most cost-effective deal and take advantage of internet speeds as fast as 940 Mbps. Before you buy, it’s important to know that while Spectrum offers service in 44 states, not all features and speeds are offered in all areas.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Offers a free modem
  • No long-term contracts
  • Packages for different budgets
Cons
  • Not available in all states

Featured Reviews

Verified
Saint Cloud, Florida

The customer service is great. Everyone is very nice… You can call them anytime and they will help you with tech support and take the time to talk to you. You can change your plan...

Verified
Cullman, AL

I am retired and spend the vast majority of my time at home within WiFi range… Spectrum's unlimited talk and text plan with 1 gig of mobile data for $14 per month is perfectly sui...

What is Spectrum?

Spectrum offers internet speeds of up to 940 Mbps for heavy internet users and those who stream HD video on multiple devices, but it also provides a basic package and an option for those who want something in between.

Spectrum Internet
Spectrum is known for its internet options that let you choose an internet package that fits how you use the internet. Through Spectrum, you can choose from three internet options:
  • The Basic Internet service offers 10 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.
  • The Internet Ultra option offers up to 400 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.
  • The Internet Gig plan offers up to 940 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.

If you are currently struggling with slow and unreliable internet speeds, Spectrum will buy you out of your existing contract so you don’t have to worry about early termination fees. Spectrum also offers free modems.

Spectrum TV
Through Spectrum, you can choose between four TV package options.
  • The TV Select option gives you access to popular movies, sports and news channels along with many on-demand options. You also get 125 channels with free HD.
  • The TV Silver option includes all the channel options from TV Select plus premium channels like HBO Max, Showtime and NFL Network. With this plan, you get more than 175 channels with free HD.
  • The TV Gold plan gives you everything in the Silver package plus Starz, Starz Encore and TMC. This option includes more than 200 channels with free HD.
  • The Mi Plan Latino TV gives customers Spanish and English programming options and thousands of on-demand choices. The Mi Plan Latino TV option comes in three tiers: Basic, Silver and Gold.
Spectrum Voice
Spectrum Voice offers reliable home phone service with unlimited calling throughout the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico. There are no contracts and no hidden costs or fees. Additionally, if you call 911 from your Spectrum home phone, emergency services can find you based on your Spectrum service. Some of the features you can expect from Spectrum Voice include:
  • Voicemail
  • Call blocker
  • Caller ID on TV
  • Anonymous call blocker
  • Call forwarding

The Spectrum Voice International plan is $5 a month and provides unlimited calling up to 70 countries throughout Europe and India.

Bundling your internet and home entertainment services is a good way to save money. You can bundle two or all three of the options. You can check to see what bundling deals and promotions are available in your area by inputting your zip code into the website.

Spectrum internet prices

Since there are so many different options and ways to bundle Spectrum’s services, price varies based on your location, current promotions and your service options.

If you’re just looking for internet, you can expect to pay:

• $45 a month for 24 months for Basic Internet
  • $65 a month for 24 months for Internet Ultra
  • $105 a month for 24 months for Internet Gig

Taxes, fees, and surcharges are extra and subject to change during and after the promotional period; installation/network activation, equipment and additional services are also extra.

If you’re looking for home entertainment and TV services, you can expect to pay:

• $45 a month for 12 months for TV Select
  • $70 a month for 12 months for TV Silver
  • $90 a month for 12 months for TV Gold
  • $35 a month for 12 months for Mi Plan Latino TV

If you’re looking for Spectrum Voice services, expect to pay $29.99 a month for voice only or $9.99 per month for voice bundled with TV and/or internet.

Spectrum FAQ

How can I pay my Spectrum bill?
Spectrum gives customers multiple ways to pay a bill, including by mail, through the app, online, over the phone or by going into a Spectrum location.
What is the cost of Spectrum internet only?
Internet prices range from $45 to $105 a month.
Can I watch Spectrum TV without a cable box?
You can download the Spectrum app on an Xbox or newer model Samsung TVs.
Does Spectrum charge extra for Wi-Fi?
Spectrum offers a free modem for internet access, but you have to pay $5 per month to activate the Wi-Fi option.
Does Spectrum offer a senior discount?
Yes. The Spectrum Internet Assist program lets qualified households sign up for low-income internet assistance. This program includes a free internet modem, 30 Mbps internet, no data caps, no contracts and optional in-home Wi-Fi service.

Is Spectrum internet good?

Spectrum is known for providing consistent and reliable internet service. The company has several options, which means you won’t end up paying too much for internet speeds that are faster than you need. It’s a good fit for those who do not want to commit to long-term contracts, who use Wi-Fi hotspots regularly and who like to save by bundling their services.

Spectrum Reviews

Stars Rating

• 16%
  • 20%
  • 11%
  • 3%
  • 51%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Reviewed April 24, 2024

Needed to get a replacement phone for elderly neighbour whose phone was stolen while in hospital. Fortunately, we were served by Debbie, who was friendly, efficient and helpful. In and out within 20 minutes, and good to go.

Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2024

I was very satisfied with the ease of trade-in on my phone. I am happy with the promotion and I recommend my friends and family to trade-in their phone and upgrade. I love my new phone and pleased with all the features. Thank you Spectrum.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2024

While I've been with Brighthouse Networks, Charter/Spectrum bought Brighthouse Networks out. They've been absolutely great! There were some problems (glitches) along the way including my bill being associated with someone of the same name in Texas (who was a Charter customer), it did take several years to get this issue fixed, and finally the Corporate ordered it off my credit report (that person didn't pay the bill), and they had to create a new account due to the other person with the same name with unpaid bill.

They've always been quick to resolve any issues I might have. Quick to give credits for downtime, including during the time they screwed up and I had no service (landline phone) for almost a month! (Upgrade gone wrong.) They compensated for that one. They've always been responsive and are very much aware of FRS (Federal Relay Service) and are very ADA compliant when on the phone and on live chat. I love it to the fact, I do not have to worry if during Hurricanes, they always make sure there are Hot Spots opened. I've had to use it several times and made sure my bills were paid. I wouldn't go to any other provider, however, Brighthouse Networks still remains #1 on my list and Spectrum is #2. Yes, I miss Brighthouse Networks, as they were 100% dedicated.

Reviewed Jan. 2, 2024

Sean at the Austin office was so great!!! 5-STAR REVIEW and thank you for being so kind! Called to get an update on our internet plan. Sean the customer service person was so helpful and kind. Thank you!

Reviewed June 11, 2024

Where should I start? Customer Service, horrible with nasty attitudes. Called and questioned the double channels and was told that's the way HD and no HD is set up! Bundled is also misleading. Called to cancel service and was informed I couldn't. Called the next month to again cancel and return equipment and was told the billing cycle already started so I have to pay for the entire month. THEY DON'T PRORATE!! So a company this large don't prorate???? NEVER EVER NEVER AGAIN! MISLEADING, INEXPERIENCE STAFF, OVERALL BAD BUSINESS.

Reliability

Reviewed June 5, 2024

Have had Spectrum since Feb and have already experienced a dozen outages (not including the recent storms in Dallas) and numerous “upgrades.” Their reliability is less than zero stars and will definitely avoid them at all costs going forward.

Price

Reviewed June 4, 2024

Spectrum Internet service is a joke! Internet goes out FREQUENTLY. It's not because of the equipment in our house. Something in the field. It just goes out! It has for the four years I've been with them. Sometimes it comes back within minutes. Sometimes hours. Now it's been 2 days. CS will give me an approximate time of rectifying the issue via texts... 1 PM. 2 PM. It's rarely accurate. It's been 2 days this time, and still no Internet. So for us, that means no TV as well, since we stream everything. No more time estimates, and CS won't tell me anything new, other than "We apologize and have technicians in the field." No rebates for loss of time, job loss, etc.

As I mentioned, we stream our cable through them, therefore we rent a CLOUD DVR to record programs. 3 years I've used this THING they offer for the low price of $9.99 a month. It is horrible. I will Click on a recorded program (sports game I've previously recorded for instance), try to FAST FORWARD through a commercial, and it takes me all the way back to the beginning of the recorded program/game. THEN it will not allow Fast Forward AT ALL after kicking me back to the beginning. IF.

If the FF does somehow work, the playback from that point on is completely blurry. Spectrum finally, after 3 years of me complaining about this, has just now acknowledged it's a company-wide problem. Not enough bandwidth or some such. Upshot is, I get my $9.99 / month DVR fee reinstated, but it still doesn't work correctly. So it's relatively useless. To appease me, they told me they no longer offer the CLOUD DVR to its new customers, yet they have no alternative. This company wants to incentivize new customers, but cares so little about them once they have signed on. I realize Internet will go out every now and then... But these guys, it's at least twice a month. Sometimes for days, with no care for the customer. "We apologize for the inconvenience." Might as well send me "thoughts and prayers." I'm going to change Internet providers. Just not sure which one. Oh, and they raise fees arbitrarily also.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed June 3, 2024

If I could give no stars I would. I was a loyal customer to spectrum for five years. The internet service is constantly down for hours at a time with no explanation. When you call customer service most of the time they are not aware that the service is out and they don’t provide an estimated time of when it will be back up. Let’s get into pricing for television, WiFi and internet. There’s never a set option. The prices vary depending upon the services. There’s always an introductory price and the list goes on. I terminated my services with Spectrum. I now have Verizon WiFi and internet for a monthly payment of $55. The price never changes. There’s no cable box and cable wires. Just plug the device into an electric outlet anywhere in your home then sync your devices. I will never return to Spectrum with their poor customer service, unknowledgeable reps, rude in store staff and paying for internet service that’s routinely out. Terrible and poorly run company.

Reviewed May 30, 2024

The worst customer service and prices. I signed up with their deal and was told it would last 1 year. After 1 month, the prices increased and was told they only do month to month contracts and wouldn’t honor the price I was quoted. Avoid at all costs. Terrible company.

andrea

The absolute worst customer service representatives. called to cancel service and told thats not possible. LIES! HORRIBLE COMPANY.
      Returned the equipment and still have to pay for another month..THEY DO'NT PRORATE!!!!!
      STAY FAR AWAY FROM SPECTRUM ANYTHING. Zero Stars

Customer Service

Reviewed May 22, 2024

I order 3 new phones from Spectrum and 1 I returned so they explain about the restocking fee and no damages and etc. so I made sure of that. I trade in another phone for 1 of my old phones and got a little pay for it wished I had kept it. Now the phone I exchange I put it back in its original box, wrap and all I even left the paperwork that came with the box in there. Made sure that phone was clean and boom I get an email and an alert where they tried taking $533.00 from my account good thing I keep it locked. I called them to what’s going on and explained to them there’s no way that phone had scratches. I sent it back the way you sent it to me that was my main worry and they said “we have proof”, sent me some pictures that look like a SETUP just to say it had damages.

Never got to use the phone. I activated the phone just because I had it plus 1 of the newer phones but used the old phone I had so I would not damage the new phone. The exchange phone came a couple of days later and I activated and cased it down per usual and started using it the other phone I cleared out and packaged up and I was waiting on a return kit for my other phone so I could return together and did.

Anyway please take pictures of anything you’re sending back. I didn’t. I was too happy about getting these new devices and never thought Spectrum would do that. Nope. I don’t recommend them to anyone when it comes to buying from them!!! I’ll finish paying for my phones. It’s no way $500 for a setup. They should see I got 3 of the same phones from them back to back, paid a unnecessary restocking fee so you know I wasn’t trying to pay damage fee!!! Come on now 3 iPhones, 1 was different and I just wanted an exchange to have 3 of the same. Understood no damages my main concern but somehow damages appear.

paul

I had the same EXACT PROBLEMS with them. Good gracious!

Spectrum Company Information