Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.15/5
Based on 1,185 ratings submitted in the last year

Spectrum Reviews

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I’ve had my ups and downs with Time Warner/Spectrum over the years, but I commend them for always striving to provide an excellent customer service experience. The agents are always informative, willing to help, but most of all they’re personable. They talk to you as if you were face to face with them (not scripted). Thanks!

Original review: July 23, 2019

So... I decided to visit a concert at the casinos in Stateline NV. During this event, someone picked my pocket and got my phone. :( I had some serious help from both Katie from the Greenville SC call center and the Cassie in the NY call center! They both took a horrible situation and made it much better by showing understanding about my phone being stolen not lost. Not only did they blacklist the phone so nobody can use it, they also helped me by not forcing me to pay for the stolen phone balance! No other provider would do that...not one!! They have me as a customer for life. Thanks Spectrum, Katie, and Cassie for superior customer service!

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2019

We have had Spectrum for almost a year now and have no complaints. We had DirecTV and HughesNet (internet). Spectrum reimbursed us for the early termination fees. The quality of the cable and internet has been great. I had no trouble getting a tech on the phone when I inadvertently damaged the internet cable last year and the buried orange cable two weeks ago. Spectrum spliced the cables on both occasions and didn't charge me a thing! I noticed that Spectrum's ratings and reviews on the internet are not great, but I would attribute that to the fact that irritated customers are more likely to leave a review that satisfied customers. Customers complain about the cost of Spectrum service, but I found that the cost is on par with DirecTV and internet service providers.

Original review: May 14, 2019

When I went with Spectrum I took the bundle package TV internet landline and never used the landline once, my bill was $105.00 per month, after 1 year without notice the bill is now $155.00. I called and the person I dealt with was pleasant and tried to explain to which she was right I should have read the fine print. So I ask her if I could get the new promotional ad and was told no it was for new customers only. She explained I could leave for 90 days and come back however the promo may not be available. I am on disability and budget my money very well, but since then I have had to pay my bill in 3 payments each month. I enjoy having spectrum but it's getting harder to pay. If spectrum would look at the people leaving versus new customers does this make for a good business practice? I wish they would reconsider and allow existing customers to take advantage of the new promotional plans.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Let me share my recent customer service experiences w Spectrum! I Ordered cable & internet from Spectrum because the apartment I moved to would not allow DISH. I was sold by Spectrum “the Apple TV” streaming box instead of a 3rd cable box for the same price. Before Spectrum, I was with another company and obviously, I don’t intend to mention their name.

After spending majority of my time on the phone with their so called “CUSTOMER NO SERVICE “, they reluctantly agreed to a return/replacement, which could take 7-10 days with no assurances that the replacement would even work. I faced some technical issues with Spectrum too, but the tech said He could look at my Apple TV setup and that too without any charge. I don’t know much about the product but as far as customer service is concerned, I was sold on it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: March 24, 2020

They are disconnecting service for paying customers with students at home while giving away free service to non paying customers with students at home. PR stunt.... Unethical business practices! Corona virus is here... They are running a publicity stunt to make people think they are this great company by offering students FREE service to take classes. Get 3 months FREE if you have a student. While behind closed doors they are disconnecting their paying customers with students for being a little late.

Original review: March 19, 2020

So I have had Spectrum internet for three years. Paid 80 a month for high speed internet. We continue service even after many issues and calls to spectrum, I guess I started to believe it was just our area and not the service. Recently my son who is a high speed gamer has visited and kept saying, "This is not high speed internet Mom." So I called spectrum. A tech came out and informed us that the wires into the house had been installed incorrectly so we basically had never received proper services that we paid for this entire 3 years. I still let it go thinking it was now fixed. Three days later still issues, called again and got a supervisor on the line. Spend 2 hours on the phone to get a supervisor tech out here and was told I would receive the best discount they could give me which was only two months of service credit.

That supervisor told me he wrote all the notes and all was taken care of. Fast forward tech shows up was the same tech as last time. Super nice guy but still was told it would be a supervisor tech. Now he replaces all the equipment. Says it’s fixed again. A few days later still issues so call again only to be informed there are no notes. Spend another hour on the phone and here comes another tech appointment. This time he says it’s wrong outside at the line coming in. So it’s fixed or so they say. Three calls later same thing. Each person tells me the last put the info in wrong and no credit. Yesterday it goes into shut off. The last person I spoke to said it was 100% handled and would take care of itself prior to shut off as I said I will not pay another bill until this is corrected.

So I spend another hour on the phone with yet another supervisor which he guarantees me he has now handled it right and the extra 60 days would cover the kids home using internet because of this disaster we are dealing with and yet today I sit with a new shut off and hour on the phone with yet another representative and we get disconnected. No call back nothing so I call again. Waiting for 30 minutes on hold to speak to yet another representative. I don’t have words and to think I paid for a product for three years they never gave me. I would never ever ever recommend spectrum services to anyone. This is a crime what they are doing.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Our bill went up from $50 to $60 for basic internet, and after TWO HOURS on hold and getting the run-around from three different people, they still refused to give use the same rate that they give new customers. I get that they want to entice people over with a low rate, but this is not a low rate - Frontier charges half as much for the same service. The only reason we haven't switched to them is that they get even worse reviews than Spectrum! The customer service representatives weren't exactly rude, but they were the opposite of cheery and helpful. In the past, they were happy to give us the intro rate to keep us from canceling and then re-applying to get the discount, but it looks like things are going downhill at Spectrum, and they no longer value existing customers as much as fresh-catch.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I'm sure Spectrum's interactions with their customers is not great due to the groups and forums dedicated to complaining about them. However, I am not even a customer yet and they harassed me with 11 return calls in less than an hour because I hung up on a rude sales representative. Why should I listen to ridiculousness before even becoming a customer. Then trying to resolve the issue a Spectrum supervisor never followed up with me. Now they're saying if I have a problem talk to their legal department but they would be happy to sign me up for service. What makes these people think I'll be a customer if they treat me like this before signing up for service.

Original review: March 11, 2020

Thinking somehow my payment didn’t go through I called up Spectrum to see what the issue was of why I didn’t have my Internet service. They informed me apparently that I came into the store, dropped off my equipment and shut off my service today. And I showed my lease showing my name, address etc. WELL that was not me, never was in the store, never canceled. How does that even happen without showing proper identification to shut off the service? They just let anyone walk in with a name and a router and shut service off? This is shady AF.

To make matters worse I can’t even just say, "Okay can you turn it back on?" NOPE. I have to drive to the spectrum store, wait an hour in line, show my lease and ID for my own service to get turned on. Totally inconveniencing my day, they offer no remedies to my time wasted, security issues and stress. Zero apologies. No discount for the trouble this caused me. Nothing. I’m sure this was the agent's fault, working the desk, shutting off the wrong address to be honest. I hope the person that wanted their service off doesn’t continue to be billed!!

Spectrum Company Information