2.64/5
Based on 1,212 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Spectrum

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Spectrum Reviews

Original review: July 23, 2019

So... I decided to visit a concert at the casinos in Stateline NV. During this event, someone picked my pocket and got my phone. :( I had some serious help from both Katie from the Greenville SC call center and the Cassie in the NY call center! They both took a horrible situation and made it much better by showing understanding about my phone being stolen not lost. Not only did they blacklist the phone so nobody can use it, they also helped me by not forcing me to pay for the stolen phone balance! No other provider would do that...not one!! They have me as a customer for life. Thanks Spectrum, Katie, and Cassie for superior customer service!

Original review: June 25, 2019

We have had Spectrum for almost a year now and have no complaints. We had DirecTV and HughesNet (internet). Spectrum reimbursed us for the early termination fees. The quality of the cable and internet has been great. I had no trouble getting a tech on the phone when I inadvertently damaged the internet cable last year and the buried orange cable two weeks ago. Spectrum spliced the cables on both occasions and didn't charge me a thing! I noticed that Spectrum's ratings and reviews on the internet are not great, but I would attribute that to the fact that irritated customers are more likely to leave a review that satisfied customers. Customers complain about the cost of Spectrum service, but I found that the cost is on par with DirecTV and internet service providers.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2019

When I went with Spectrum I took the bundle package TV internet landline and never used the landline once, my bill was $105.00 per month, after 1 year without notice the bill is now $155.00. I called and the person I dealt with was pleasant and tried to explain to which she was right I should have read the fine print. So I ask her if I could get the new promotional ad and was told no it was for new customers only. She explained I could leave for 90 days and come back however the promo may not be available. I am on disability and budget my money very well, but since then I have had to pay my bill in 3 payments each month. I enjoy having spectrum but it's getting harder to pay. If spectrum would look at the people leaving versus new customers does this make for a good business practice? I wish they would reconsider and allow existing customers to take advantage of the new promotional plans.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Let me share my recent customer service experiences w Spectrum! I Ordered cable & internet from Spectrum because the apartment I moved to would not allow DISH. I was sold by Spectrum “the Apple TV” streaming box instead of a 3rd cable box for the same price. Before Spectrum, I was with another company and obviously, I don’t intend to mention their name.

After spending majority of my time on the phone with their so called “CUSTOMER NO SERVICE “, they reluctantly agreed to a return/replacement, which could take 7-10 days with no assurances that the replacement would even work. I faced some technical issues with Spectrum too, but the tech said He could look at my Apple TV setup and that too without any charge. I don’t know much about the product but as far as customer service is concerned, I was sold on it.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Really easy to set-up recordings from computer or smartphone, great to use while traveling ~ you can watch on other devices, very strong and fast wi-fi, easy and fast scheduling appointments with good customer service. I have all home so I can record and watch from any room in my house, which is especially important when hubby wants to watch sports. Red Zone is the most important feature for my husband and sons ~ very inexpensive program for football lovers who do not want the expense of total football packages.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

If it isn't the politicians picking your pocket with increased taxes on your communication devices raising your monthly communication bill then it is the provider Spectrum themselves doing it or many months BOTH of them gouging you at the same time resulting in CONSTANT monthly rate hikes ballooning already outrageously exorbitant monthly billing to even higher heights. If constant rate hikes and huge monthly communication bills are your cup of tea, then by all means Spectrum and the current crop of Legislators participating in and allowing the gouging to continue are made for you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I have been a BrightHouse/Spectrum customer since 2000. The cost has gotten out of control. Every few months my bill (cable, internet and phone) my bill goes up. I have none of the movie (HBO, Showtime, etc.) packages. I have called to see if there's any changes to decrease the bill and, of course, I'm always told that I'm getting the best rate available. The online advertised rates are for new customers only. I don't get where a company is willing to lose a long time customer. That's absolutely POOR business. My choice is to "cut the cable" and find another method of service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I have been a customer of Spectrum, Bright House Networks since 2006. I have never missed a payment on my bill and have never paid my bill late. Since Spectrum bought Brighthouse my service is much more expensive and it rates like service in India a 3rd world country. We move from Holmes Beach to Bradenton 2 years 4 months ago and we wanted to keep our same telephone landline #. Well we have had over 20 technicians in my home fixing the internet, Cable TV and Phone Service.

Since we have moved in Bradenton I had had to take time off from work for service appointments, nothing has ever been solved. Phone still broken. Spectrum is a One Percenter Company and has no respect. I basically gave up. One represntative told me I should be happy the bill is that low? Last week my boss was suppose to call me at home about my virtual position with the school board and I just assummed they were busy because I never received the call from my boss. I later was set an e-mail questioning why my phone was disconnected... I could call out but could not receive phone calls.

After been on the phone with Spectrum 4 hours, they told me somehow I was with Verizon???? They could not tell me how or why the technical error took place and said it would be 72 hours before they could restore service. I told Spectrum this was not right and asked to speak to a Supervisor to help me. I had to wait 20 min and all he could do is go around a TRAINED CUSTOMER LOOP... and only gave me $8.25 dollars off my bill. Very displeased. If it was not a monopoly I would change service. THE NEW AMERICA??

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I laugh when I see a Spectrum commercial. They show off their supposedly modern cable and wifi technologies. Mmeanwhile in reality I'm setting here once a month or so for a hour or more waiting for my cable box to reboot. Don't be fooled by their commercials. I have the latest box and what a joke it's straight out of the 80's. Come on spectrum. Keep up or sell out again.. This is unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

They say they don't raise rates on promotions drop off. I have no promotions on my account and my rate went up. They have done nothing to try and keep me as a customer even when I had full service cable, streaming, internet. So I dropped everything except internet which is only somewhat ok. I have issues with my service regularly when I have had an appointment for them to come out, sometimes they show, sometimes they don't. Looking for another ISP!!!!

Spectrum Company Information