1.64/5

1035 Spectrum Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

The end of December called Spectrum about my Time Warner account going up to over $200.00. They quoted me $192.58 for the same services which included some movie channels. On Jan 1 I tried to watch one and it wouldn't let me. I called and they said I didn't have any movie channels. They also would not stand behind what the salesman told me. Then I received insert saying that their box fees were going up, so I called and they said my price of $192.58 was still good. Then I had problems with my whole house DVR not showing programs and after calling multiple times to reset it they sent out a repairman. He said, "If I step foot in your house you will lose the whole house DVR." So we sent him away.

Still having the problem and calling to have the boxes reset they wanted to send a repairman. I said, "No way I will lose my whole house DVR." She said, "No you won't. You are grandfathered in." She said I could take the boxes to my local office and switch the older ones out and the DVR box because they might not be updating. So I did and when I got my bill it went up to over $200.00, they said it's 'cause the 2018 box price is $6.99 and I was paying 2017 price of $5.99 which went off in January and I should have been paying it all along. I said, "So you would quote me a price of $192.58 promotional price in December to get me to switch and then raise it in January." He said the boxes weren't part of that promotional price. I said, "What kind of business does that." Obviously a terrible business that says one thing and does another. I will be searching for a better company to do business with now.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Spectrum is HORRIBLE!! If you are in their sphere of power you will have no choice! It is a monopoly. They confuse the bills and do maintenance almost EVERY NIGHT. So if you use the internet at night. You're SOL. Will need to break this monopoly. No other service providers provide around 34744 unless they are satellite and you have to be wealthy to afford them.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Spectrum advertised packages that is not available to all the customers on their website. Their customer service representatives don’t know which packages are available to the customers. I end up paying over $250 because if they enrolled me in a wrong plan. On top of that, they hung up twice when I called and the supervisors are also rude and not helping.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Requested to start new service and my appointment was set at 12 pm. At 1230 pm I get a call telling me the tech would be out at 3 pm to 4 pm and that he the install fee would be waived and the first month's bill would be cut in half. The tech didn't show up until almost 5 pm. Charter customer service told me to "just be happy he is there now". Next issue their equipment fails during first use. Paying for 400mbps download and getting at the absolute best (wired) 280mbps download. I call tech support and they tell me my signals are very bad and they have to send another tech out. I've had Charter for about a month now and not a single thing has worked correctly. Oh and for the install fee being waived and bill cut in half, that was all a lie, when I got the bill and called customer service told me that they don't do that. And no reimbursement for not getting what you're paying for as far as the internet speed goes.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Friday 8/31- Tried to make a payment but got several errors. 10 mins later I get emails confirming payment and my bank account showed 3 charges for $98.94 from Spectrum. I called and was told 3-5 business day. That Monday was a holiday, I had bills set up in AutoPay and had to buy milk, diapers, etc for my baby but do my best to work it out during the weekend. Wednesday 9/5- Spectrum calls my husband to tell him everything has been taken care of and to give 24 hours to clear on my account. Nothing refunded until Saturday.

Saturday 9/8- I finally get refunded but realized they only refunded ONE of the charges. I called back and explain the situation. The rep tells me the reason why I only got refunded ONE charge was because my bank told them that was the only charge that went through even though I had THREE charges debited and cleared from the account. I called the bank with the rep still on the phone and they obviously confirmed that there were THREE charges but can't release funds until Spectrum refunds and deny what the rep from Spectrum had stated (which I already knew). The rep claimed to have opened another ticket to have someone review the charges and give them 3-5 business days again.

Tuesday 9/11- I reviewed my Spectrum account and see the payment for $298, a refund to my card for $98.94 and an "AR Transfer" for $198. I contact them again to figure this thing out and see who can take care of refunding. The rep states she sees everything in the transaction log including the last time I called but was "escalating" it and to give her 3-5 business days. Wednesday 9/12- I reach out yet again and the next rep says he can only tell me about what he sees in the log and the last thing he sees is a ticket opened on 9/8 (what did the last rep do? NOTHING). He 'notates' my current open ticket and asks that I give them 5-7 business days to get the issue resolved!!!

At this point I'm already done with these people. I work hard for my money and pay my bills on time. Due to THEIR error I now have late fees, overdraft fees, not to mention that I had to ask a friend for a small loan so I can get diapers and milk for my baby. If it had been my error, I'd be here waiting patiently but it wasn't and they are not wanting to do anything to solve it! Who is taking care of refunding me the rest of the money? Not them! That's for sure. I'm definitely dropping them as soon as I get my money back which at this pace will be by New Year's!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Have had Time Warner/Spectrum a number of years, bill is high but remained same until recent statement, stating discount has been extended 12 additional months, increase happened anyway and three long calls to Spectrum got me nowhere, they are trained to deflect customer concerns by putting customer on a grueling "spin cycle", shameful practice and will be looking for service elsewhere... Greed must be motive and in these big companies comes back to bite them in one way or another...

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Never in my life have I had my internet go down more with a provider, I'm supposed to get 100 up and down. I get 40 down and 5 up. DO NOT go with them. All you will get is lacking speeds, semi decent customer service, and constant dropping of service out of nowhere.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

First time ordering a bundle, first time using Spectrum. They talked about how much money I would save by going with Spectrum for phone, TV and internet and quoted me a decent price. I scheduled a service call at my new address to install cable in 2 rooms. The guy is great, comes out on a holiday, sets up my TV. Wait, it's supposed to be TWO! Oh, the order doesn't say that. So the price is going up. I'm a little annoyed but ok, so he sets up the 2nd room. Over the following few days, as I'm moving, I can't figure how to record any shows!

So I finally bite the bullet and make a call. They say, "Well, you didn't order DVR." What? I didn't know cable packages came any other way! DirecTV never asked if I wanted a DVR! Why didn't Spectrum say? OK, well someone will come out to set it up, but it will cost more. OK, I say, and while you're on the phone, it's been 7 days and my home number still hasn't been ported. They say next Monday, which will be 13 days. Ok, only then something changes and no one can call me on the temp number I was given.

Forget it, I'm not even going to bother trying to call Spectrum again. But there's a serious problem with the TV. I have to fight it every time I turn it on, sometimes taking 10 or more attempts to get past the blue screen and NO SIGNAL box. When it does come on, it's likely to be on mute and I have to change channels to get volume. (The installer said it's a common problem with the brand new boxes). Plus, once the DVR was hooked up in the living room, I have TWO channels I can view on the bedroom TV. TWO! What the heck happened? It worked before they hooked the living room up with DVR.

I got out the booklet the installer gave me and tried to research, only the booklet diagrams don't match my remote. I look up the service number in the booklet, call, and it's a bad number. Really, how much more could Spectrum do to send me back to DirecTV? There is absolutely NOTHING that worked the way it was promised, and I am now about $35 a month higher than quoted. Not worth the money, not worth the aggravation, especially during the stress of moving - it really could not have been worse.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Cable not working tonight! Called Spectrum, was told by their cheap automated system that there was no issues for my area so I waited on hold 1.5 hours to talk to a CS rep. Told by the rep cable was out in my area and that they were working on it. I guess they only have two employees working tonight to answer the calls coming in. Their policy sucks that your service has to be down for more than 4 hours or they will not prorate your bill. Brighthouse was bad but Spectrum is the pits. Spectrum also rhymes with a part of your rear... That is really what I think of them.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

First time calling for tech support since Spectrum took over Brighthouse. Cable is out and when you call their number, a recorded voice says there are no outages in your area. Then... When you wait for a rep, the call is disconnected... Over and over again. With bills approaching nearly $200.00/month, you would expect better service or at least someone to answer considering their website says, "You can call us anytime." How do you run a business like that?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Don't even bother. Service cuts in and out. They price their products cheaper in bundles, but after the 1-year trial runs out the prices go way up. The customer service line is down and the website is down, so there is no one who can help me now.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Cable down again. Reboot every day. Call and no one cares. Corporate America. Spectrum SUCKS. Called and get nothing more than automated response. Push to speak with a real person and it hangs up on you. Please any other business out there, come to central Florida. Almost everyone I know feels this way.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I’ve had Spectrum since 08/07/18. It just sucks. When I was signing up nothing stated I needed a box. NOTHING. I call and THEN I’m told I must have a ROKU TV or Samsung. I have the box sent to me and they do not include a splitter despite the FACT I have internet. They tell me I have to go to the nearest Spectrum store to get it. In the meantime I have a ROKU TV in my room. The app works about 70% of the time. Hardly ever at night. Their solution? Delete the app and re-add it. Why do you think I’m doing that mess every night??? This is the worst service I have ever had. AT&T is really bad too. They didn’t even show up for my friend’s appointment. Those are the only two in this complex. I guess I’ll be saving myself money and getting rid of Spectrum.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I have been a loyal customer for 14 yrs. Spectrum now has taken over. My rates got jacked up to 190$. I finally downgraded (never had premium channels) but agreed to a rate of 128 plus tax. My next bill was 148! Plus missing over 10 channels. I made multiple calls and multiple hours result in "I'm sorry but there is way that package is offered." One gal even told me to learn Spanish as 5 channels were Spanish! I cannot have any other company in my complex so I cannot even switch. Every time I call them am given a different rate. So over them. Internet is 70$ But if I was a new customer I would get all for 70 a month for 12 most. But I'm an established customer.

I agreed to 130$ a don't and for the 18$ over they would rather lose me entirely. So be it. This is bait and switch. Customer fraud and a monopoly. I continue to downgrade and rates increase. I am on a fixed budget. I cannot afford them anymore. Sadly I watch 15 channels most in another tier! Like history Smithsonian etc. I watch 2 basic channels. Rarely. So the business sense is ridiculous. Run SPECTRUM BAD! Service fails often as well. Wish Brighthouse never merged with Charter Spectrum. Do not believe those multiple commercials. False advertising.

One last thing I took my DVR box back the line was out the door. Multiple people turning back service we waited an hour. The manager came out because people were complaining. He said ”well you have to wait in a Disney last me too.” Nasty. Could care less people standing with walkers. At least a nice word would have been a better choice. Majority of customer service have become nasty and lie lie lie.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I am moving next weekend and called yesterday to have my service transferred in 8 days. I was told to move my equipment that day, the technician would come out and set up the equipment and when I activated it at the new place my service at the old place would cancel. However, my TV stopped working today. I called Spectrum. Waited on hold for almost 30 minutes. The guy was unable to help me and transferred me to someone else. Instead of getting me to a person I was put back on hold. The next person again tried and could not help me, so she transferred me to a technician.

The technician tried a few more things and still could not reactivate my service. He told me he was going to put me on hold for "just a minute". 25 minutes later still on hold I hung up. At that point, I had been on the phone for an hour and 23 minutes (I have a screenshot to prove it) and got nothing resolved. While the people I talked to were pleasant, they just don't seem to have adequate training. I ended up calling back and canceling the service for good.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

My internet goes between non-existent and full speed, but never the 100Mbps that they of course promise. When you call their customer service, it's a half hour wait always and they never fix anything, just blame it on a modem that needs to be restarted.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I've been a customer (if that word is applicable, as they do not provide any customer service), for two weeks. My internet goes out every 10 minutes. I've called three times this week and each time I've called I wait at least 20 minutes to speak to someone. Then they finally made an appointment for someone to come out and fix my internet -- the person never showed up -- never called until after the appointment was supposed to be over. I've had it with them -- do not use Spectrum. Their CEO should be ashamed of himself -- nice glossy pics on the Charter Communications website but his service is poor and stinks. What a bad company. Oh, and right now, I'm having trouble connecting.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I ordered service scheduled between 10-11 when 11 came and went... I called was told my ticket was still open. Whatever that means. I said; why couldn’t you just call me and tell me you were going to be late? Then about 10 minutes later I get a recorded message saying they’re on the way... (40 minutes later) still no technician! I called to cancel this service; just glad I didn’t get it after witnessing how I was treated before even becoming a customer! Stay far away from this place. Need to seriously retrain some people, or you won’t get any more customers!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Since Spectrum has taken over Bright House, the internet has been atrocious and the TV has been just awful. On phone for 44 minutes just now only to discover there's an outage in my area. For almost $200 a month, I expect MUCH better customer service than this. With all the streaming methods of receiving tv today, one would think that Spectrum would value their customers more than ever. That DEFINITELY is not the case!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I could not believe it. 9 hours after appointment time Spectrum sends someone. I had called twice during the day and they couldn't be honest and says, "The wrong guy was given your work order and he's not working today." The guy was nice but I am looking into getting Allo connected. 9 hours and they couldn't be honest. Tried rescheduling. I busy the rest of this week. Plus I was pissed. Took 9 hours for a tech to call and then he almost didn't come out.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My installation was scheduled for today. First of all the tech was very unfriendly and very short with me. I ordered my services online. Somehow the wrong package was selected so they only hooked up one tv and so didn't have time to do anything else. I called customer service. Very rude and refused to send out another tech... I didn't get anything I wanted from them. PEOPLE take your cable services ELSEWHERE. This cable company does care anything about people or their concerns!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

When they transitioned to Spectrum thought service would be improved over Bright House. Nothing improved, but monthly price went up. They could not care less that I was with them for years, including BH time. So it will be DirecTV as soon as I select dish location and package. Another factor after speaking to one of their tech who had been with BH for years he told me they were trying to run off their older employees by forcing them into the field or turning in their resignation. Essentially same story from a different tech when I asked about this practice. I do not have the names of the techs.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

In August of 2017 I changed from Dish to Spectrum cable, I already was using Spectrum for internet access. I was promised a 36 month rate, although the promotion required that I also take a phone service which I have absolutely no use for. The rate was good even with the unwanted phone service. Sure enough, after one year the rates increased substantially in spite of the 36 month promise. So, I called customer service. The representative was very nice and tried to assist me. However they said that no such promotion was available one year ago in my region. The bottom line I guess was that the representative who sold me the service must have simply lied to me. Having been lied to by this company in the past I very carefully recorded all of the details of what I was promised so I know it was accurate. Too bad, so sad, they are liars!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I recently switched my internet, cable and home phone to Spectrum and was told they were offering mobile phone service. I spent over an hour on the phone setting up the service and ordering new phones which I was told would arrive in 2 business day. After a week, the phones did not arrive. I called Spectrum to be told that the order was canceled by mistake. It took 11 transfers to find a person who could give me this information and 2 hours of phone time. Also, I was told that the credit check was "internal" only and would not be an inquiry on my credit report. I then received a letter stating that they had run a hard inquiry on my credit and my credit score of 819 out of 900 was insufficient to qualify for phones.

The hard inquiry was never authorized and they couldn't tell me what a sufficient credit score was to qualify for mobile phone service. I can qualify for a $500,000 mortgage and a car loan on a $80,000 car but my credit isn't sufficient for a mobile phone??? Something is very wrong. It is impossible to get answers from customer service. They will transfer you over and over again and no one seems to be able to help. Stay with AT&T or Verizon and save yourself some big headaches!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I want to write a review for the SW Ohio region. Tech # **. I am so elated at the over and above excellent service he provided me. He was the most polite efficient person I've ever allowed into my home for any service appointment. His positive attitude and humanity really amazed me. He did an excellent job. TY Spectrum.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I disconnected my service in June 2018. It has been over two months and I have yet to see my refund. Every time I call customer support I get the runarounds. No one knows what's happening. I am very upset with this company.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Couple months ago I called Spectrum to cancel my service to go with another company, so of course I was wooed and told how loved I was and how pretty I am and how they were never going to take me for granted ever again. And I was given a sweetheart deal of $48.65 for internet and phone for 12 months to squelch my other deal with AT&T. Oh, we were so in love again. What was I thinking. We were together when he was Time Warner. We stayed together when he went through his silly Brighthouse stage (oh remember the Corvette and the bleached tips?). And now he's "Mr. Spectrum".

Well two months later I get my bill and guess what? I'm back up to $69.98. What happened to my sweet deal you ask? Well I call and there is much "confusion". I'm put on hold only to find there was a mistake. The woman who offered me the deal was mistaken in her knowledge of introductory deals she could divvy out and she explained it wrong to me. Anyway somehow this is my fault. "So sorry about your luck there Ms. ** but your deal went bye bye and you’re stuck with us for $69.98 and there's nothing you can do about it." Until of course I call AT&T and we do this damn thing over again. It's like Groundhog day here at the ** residence, but I'm changing the ending today. We must all change our endings today! I implore you, when they pompously hold steady to their affirmation that you are going nowhere, whisper these 6 words and know that it makes their cold freezer burned stone in their chest sink... "I'm ready to cancel my service."

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Our company had Time Warner Cable for both our phone and internet services and we had 100% reliability. Never any outages. Now that Spectrum is running the company our service goes down all the time for both phones and the internet. Very sketchy service and long wait times when calling in to report issues.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

If there was a minus 10 rating I would give it. I hate Spectrum. I had Time Warner for years and never a service charge to come out and fix any problem or set up a new TV. I bought a new Samsung, called Time Warner now Spectrum to set it up, guy came out said SmartTV does not need box, set up apps, said no extra charge or change in monthly fee. Get my next bill and it is $35 dollars higher!

I call and speak with "Kathy", told extra charge was for visit, I complain not apprised or approved and in fact was told no extra charges or fees. Sent to supervisor "Charles" who basically called me a liar when I said I never paid an extra charge before and was not told there would be any extra charge. I told him that even before TW, with Oak I think it was, never paid for home visit. Again, basically called me a liar and said I had Charter and had paid, no I did not have Charter ever or pay a home visit service fee ever. He insisted that I had so things went downhill from there.

Finally offered a one time $20 dollar credit but said I should "ask" next time if a fee is involved. I said, "Your company representative should apprise without my asking." He said, "No ma'm. You have to ask." Oh, and I can only see a few TVPlus channels so now what am I supposed to do? What a crock, worst company I have ever had to deal with but do not want a dish on my tile roof so stuck with these jerks. If you have a choice, go elsewhere because Spectrum really sucks!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I've been using Spectrum for about a year now in an apartment complex. It has arguably been the worst experience I have had with an internet provider in my entire life. Internet is spotty at best, even with equipment I have personally bought to make the connection better. The price does not match the quality at all, videos constantly buffer, connection is all over the place. It's a gigantic mess.

Spectrum Company Information