2.44/5
Based on 1,221 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Spectrum Reviews

Original review: July 23, 2019

So... I decided to visit a concert at the casinos in Stateline NV. During this event, someone picked my pocket and got my phone. :( I had some serious help from both Katie from the Greenville SC call center and the Cassie in the NY call center! They both took a horrible situation and made it much better by showing understanding about my phone being stolen not lost. Not only did they blacklist the phone so nobody can use it, they also helped me by not forcing me to pay for the stolen phone balance! No other provider would do that...not one!! They have me as a customer for life. Thanks Spectrum, Katie, and Cassie for superior customer service!

Original review: June 25, 2019

We have had Spectrum for almost a year now and have no complaints. We had DirecTV and HughesNet (internet). Spectrum reimbursed us for the early termination fees. The quality of the cable and internet has been great. I had no trouble getting a tech on the phone when I inadvertently damaged the internet cable last year and the buried orange cable two weeks ago. Spectrum spliced the cables on both occasions and didn't charge me a thing! I noticed that Spectrum's ratings and reviews on the internet are not great, but I would attribute that to the fact that irritated customers are more likely to leave a review that satisfied customers. Customers complain about the cost of Spectrum service, but I found that the cost is on par with DirecTV and internet service providers.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: May 14, 2019

When I went with Spectrum I took the bundle package TV internet landline and never used the landline once, my bill was $105.00 per month, after 1 year without notice the bill is now $155.00. I called and the person I dealt with was pleasant and tried to explain to which she was right I should have read the fine print. So I ask her if I could get the new promotional ad and was told no it was for new customers only. She explained I could leave for 90 days and come back however the promo may not be available. I am on disability and budget my money very well, but since then I have had to pay my bill in 3 payments each month. I enjoy having spectrum but it's getting harder to pay. If spectrum would look at the people leaving versus new customers does this make for a good business practice? I wish they would reconsider and allow existing customers to take advantage of the new promotional plans.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Let me share my recent customer service experiences w Spectrum! I Ordered cable & internet from Spectrum because the apartment I moved to would not allow DISH. I was sold by Spectrum “the Apple TV” streaming box instead of a 3rd cable box for the same price. Before Spectrum, I was with another company and obviously, I don’t intend to mention their name.

After spending majority of my time on the phone with their so called “CUSTOMER NO SERVICE “, they reluctantly agreed to a return/replacement, which could take 7-10 days with no assurances that the replacement would even work. I faced some technical issues with Spectrum too, but the tech said He could look at my Apple TV setup and that too without any charge. I don’t know much about the product but as far as customer service is concerned, I was sold on it.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Spectrum's Customer Service is great. The main problem I'm having now is being on my computer and constantly being dropped from the Internet. It's annoying. When I'm in the middle of something, it just cuts out. At our other house, if we were watching something on TV, the service would just stop. Sometimes the service would be out for an entire day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Your bill will constantly go up. They will not even attempt to give you a cheaper price over the phone - you have to talk to someone in person. They will get your bill down, but only after removing channels. They are a total joke. Also be aware that if you need to cancel, you must do it on the day you are paid up until. They will not pro-rate your bill, they will charge you for another entire month, which I don’t think is legal to even do since you do not have a contract with them. If I was able to get cable from any other carrier in my area, I would drop Spectrum without even thinking twice about it.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Received statement on 10/29/2019 that was $20 higher. Statement dated 10/24 but last date to cancel service before higher charge is required was 10/22. There is no option to avoid a month at the higher rate. Very deceptive practice to me.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I received a phone from Spectrum Mobile. When I went to charge the phone it wouldn't hold the charge. I never activated the phone. I canceled the services but they continued to charge me for the phone. I sent the phone back to them and they returned it back to me explaining they don't accept returns and that I have to pay over a hundred dollars for the phone, despite that the phone is damaged and I have never activated it. I declined the package and disputed the charges with my bank. I don't think I should have to pay for something that was never used and it was damaged when I received it. If they want to report the charges to the credit bureau that's fine. But I feel they shouldn't keep charging my card when I have sent the phone back and told them I do not want their product or services. Surely they can't force me to pay for a phone that was faulty when I received it and I never used their services. Buyer beware!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

My internet and my phone have been down for awhile. Then it goes up and down for the day. There is a wire that is frayed and Spectrum cannot come till Monday. Really! With the holidays and people from out of town here and no connection. I’m so dissatisfied.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

REALLY NO STARS!! Worst service in the business, replaced my existing carrier at the end of September and had 5 internet outages of hours or full day, TVs connection constantly fuzzy or non existent. Telephone went out all the time. 3 technicians came out over 2 months. Cancelled at the beginning of December, with 3 weeks left in my billing period, and guess what no prorate refund of unused service fees. What a sham, scam, plain robbery. Went back to Frontier.

Spectrum Company Information