Shop on FYI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.51/5
Based on 1,104 ratings submitted in the last year

Spectrum Internet provides internet, phone and home entertainment coverage to millions of homes across the country. It offers three plans with different internet speeds and multimedia options. Customers can combine TV, internet and voice services for the most cost-effective deal and take advantage of internet speeds as fast as 940 Mbps. Before you buy, it’s important to know that while Spectrum offers service in 44 states, not all features and speeds are offered in all areas.

BOTTOM LINE

Spectrum is a reliable internet and home entertainment service provider. There are no long-term contracts, and the company offers fast speeds for heavy internet users.

PROS

• Offers a free modem
  • No long-term contracts
  • Packages for different budgets

CONS

• Not available in all states

Top Spectrum Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

The customer service is great. Everyone is very nice… You can call them anytime and they will help you with tech support and take the time to talk to you. You can change your plan at any time and offer all the latest smartphones. They're great and would recommend to everyone.

I am retired and spend the vast majority of my time at home within WiFi range… Spectrum's unlimited talk and text plan with 1 gig of mobile data for $14 per month is perfectly suited for me. Have access to mobile data when needed and the coverage is excellent… Am very pleased with service and value.

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

What is Spectrum?

Spectrum offers internet speeds of up to 940 Mbps for heavy internet users and those who stream HD video on multiple devices, but it also provides a basic package and an option for those who want something in between.

Spectrum Internet
Spectrum is known for its internet options that let you choose an internet package that fits how you use the internet. Through Spectrum, you can choose from three internet options:
  • The Basic Internet service offers 10 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.
  • The Internet Ultra option offers up to 400 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.
  • The Internet Gig plan offers up to 940 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.

If you are currently struggling with slow and unreliable internet speeds, Spectrum will buy you out of your existing contract so you don’t have to worry about early termination fees. Spectrum also offers free modems.

Spectrum TV
Through Spectrum, you can choose between four TV package options.
  • The TV Select option gives you access to popular movies, sports and news channels along with many on-demand options. You also get 125 channels with free HD.
  • The TV Silver option includes all the channel options from TV Select plus premium channels like HBO Max, Showtime and NFL Network. With this plan, you get more than 175 channels with free HD.
  • The TV Gold plan gives you everything in the Silver package plus Starz, Starz Encore and TMC. This option includes more than 200 channels with free HD.
  • The Mi Plan Latino TV gives customers Spanish and English programming options and thousands of on-demand choices. The Mi Plan Latino TV option comes in three tiers: Basic, Silver and Gold.
Spectrum Voice
Spectrum Voice offers reliable home phone service with unlimited calling throughout the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico. There are no contracts and no hidden costs or fees. Additionally, if you call 911 from your Spectrum home phone, emergency services can find you based on your Spectrum service. Some of the features you can expect from Spectrum Voice include:
  • Voicemail
  • Call blocker
  • Caller ID on TV
  • Anonymous call blocker
  • Call forwarding

The Spectrum Voice International plan is $5 a month and provides unlimited calling up to 70 countries throughout Europe and India.

Bundling your internet and home entertainment services is a good way to save money. You can bundle two or all three of the options. You can check to see what bundling deals and promotions are available in your area by inputting your zip code into the website.

Spectrum internet prices

Since there are so many different options and ways to bundle Spectrum’s services, price varies based on your location, current promotions and your service options.

If you’re just looking for internet, you can expect to pay:

• $45 a month for 24 months for Basic Internet
  • $65 a month for 24 months for Internet Ultra
  • $105 a month for 24 months for Internet Gig

Taxes, fees, and surcharges are extra and subject to change during and after the promotional period; installation/network activation, equipment and additional services are also extra.

If you’re looking for home entertainment and TV services, you can expect to pay:

• $45 a month for 12 months for TV Select
  • $70 a month for 12 months for TV Silver
  • $90 a month for 12 months for TV Gold
  • $35 a month for 12 months for Mi Plan Latino TV

If you’re looking for Spectrum Voice services, expect to pay $29.99 a month for voice only or $9.99 per month for voice bundled with TV and/or internet.

Spectrum FAQ

How can I pay my Spectrum bill?
Spectrum gives customers multiple ways to pay a bill, including by mail, through the app, online, over the phone or by going into a Spectrum location.
What is the cost of Spectrum internet only?
Internet prices range from $45 to $105 a month.
Can I watch Spectrum TV without a cable box?
You can download the Spectrum app on an Xbox or newer model Samsung TVs.
Does Spectrum charge extra for Wi-Fi?
Spectrum offers a free modem for internet access, but you have to pay $5 per month to activate the Wi-Fi option.
Does Spectrum offer a senior discount?
Yes. The Spectrum Internet Assist program lets qualified households sign up for low-income internet assistance. This program includes a free internet modem, 30 Mbps internet, no data caps, no contracts and optional in-home Wi-Fi service.

Is Spectrum internet good?

Spectrum is known for providing consistent and reliable internet service. The company has several options, which means you won’t end up paying too much for internet speeds that are faster than you need. It’s a good fit for those who do not want to commit to long-term contracts, who use Wi-Fi hotspots regularly and who like to save by bundling their services.

Spectrum Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

We had Spectrum back when it was Brighthouse Networks. Once it became Spectrum, at first it was horrible. The monthly bill kept going up and up. We were at about 200.00 a month and said no more. Went to strictly streaming. Spectrum kept sending offers via mail. After about three years we decided that we would try Spectrum again. The offer is good. Actually paying less than we were with the different streaming apps. Everyone has been extremely nice and pleasant to work with. So far really good. They have 5G network and all our devices are working well. We are happy.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Pretty decent service for the amount being charged. There are a lot too for others service providers who charge almost double for the same internet speed. Spectrum has gotten better over the years with their customer service and internet speed. Also, there three level of internet service so you choose what is best for your internet of speed and money. Overall it is a good company to have as your ISP. Even though they also offer bundle packages which can save some more money if the customer is interested. But they are not pushing and won’t force you to commit to a bundle plan. But for the people who need it, it is a good option to have.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Generally very good, however they raised the rates significantly in the past 2 years. $80 a month for internet service is too high. They do have better service than my previous provider who they recently bought out. Only complaint in that regard is when service is out and you call them, they will often be "unaware" of any service outage in my area. This has happened twice even though I saw one of their service vehicle in my neighborhood at the time I placed the call. Strange?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I was with Cricket Wireless for 30 months. Happy with the service. However I discovered that Spectrum Mobile MVNO is on Verizon's network. I have clearer calls and the data speed is much faster then Cricket. So I switched to Spectrum; I bought a new LG phone (like LG phones). I was able to port my number within less than 10 - 15 minutes.. I do not use much data away from home. I use wifi at home.. It is rare for me to use more that 0.75 gigs of data.. Hey $14.00 per month on Verizon. NO-BRAINER there. I like the fact hot-spot tethering is part of the plan. But I like the idea $45.00 is max charge if I go past my data plan. Spectrum has the best phone support I have used for assistance.. Spectrum customer support is very, very courteous.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Spectrum - I have been with them for other services for a long time then recently they came out with a new cell phone business. I usually find a cell store and stick with them but I made the move to spectrum after talking to a phone representative and going to one of there walk in stores. Showed me all the plans prices and they set it all up for me. The customer service is great. Everyone is very nice. They have quite a few stores. They have hot spots all over. You have access to a online app to see your information and to change things yourself. You can call them anytime and they will help you with tech support and take the time to talk to you. You can change your plan at any time and offer all the latest smartphones. They're great and would recommend to everyone.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I canceled my services in beginning of November. Was told I had to pay for the month anyway. I didn’t dispute the payment even if I thought it was heartless policy. But Spectrum did not cancel my services as requested and continued to bill me. Spectrum employee argued with me that I didn’t cancel my services. Phone calls are recorded so I asked her to check the phone call. I have not heard from them yet but my services are finally canceled.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Called to change internet providers. Canceled service. 3 days later received bill for the entire month. Spectrum charges whether you have service or not for 1 month. This is fraud. Glad I left and will not returned. Nothing of the sort was conveyed when called to cancel service. Of course they wouldn't convey that to the consumer; they get paid for nothing. Frauds.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Spectrum/Charter cable doesn't care about doing things correctly. I am continually getting communications for customers and I'm NOT a customer. They do NOT validate emails that customers enter and assume they are correct. What's worse is that they don't notice or even care. I called their 800 number once and was told they wouldn't help me. So I'm posting the information here as Spectrum/Charter does not care that I have their customer information and thus everyone in the world should as well since I am forced to see it constantly.

Amanda **, 12/1/2020, Updated email & phone number
    Ryan **, 11/19/2020, Updated email
    Seling Clearwater County, Changes on account

Sasha **, 1/12/2021, Email address and phone updated

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have not had any problems with Spectrum. And any issues that cropped up were quickly handled and solved. There are almost no technical problems, and customer service has always been cheerful and competent.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have been with Charter for so many years and then it changed to Spectrum. I have been with Spectrum for a long time, I do not recall when it changed from Charter to Spectrum. Both me and my husband have been very Happy with Spectrum and we get everything we want to watch.

Spectrum Company Information