Shop on FYI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.22/5

Spectrum Internet provides internet, phone and home entertainment coverage to millions of homes across the country. It offers three plans with different internet speeds and multimedia options. Customers can combine TV, internet and voice services for the most cost-effective deal and take advantage of internet speeds as fast as 940 Mbps. Before you buy, it’s important to know that while Spectrum offers service in 44 states, not all features and speeds are offered in all areas.

BOTTOM LINE

Spectrum is a reliable internet and home entertainment service provider. There are no long-term contracts, and the company offers fast speeds for heavy internet users.

PROS

• Offers a free modem
  • No long-term contracts
  • Packages for different budgets

CONS

• Not available in all states

Top Spectrum Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

The customer service is great. Everyone is very nice… You can call them anytime and they will help you with tech support and take the time to talk to you. You can change your plan at any time and offer all the latest smartphones. They're great and would recommend to everyone.

I am retired and spend the vast majority of my time at home within WiFi range… Spectrum's unlimited talk and text plan with 1 gig of mobile data for $14 per month is perfectly suited for me. Have access to mobile data when needed and the coverage is excellent… Am very pleased with service and value.

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

What is Spectrum?

Spectrum offers internet speeds of up to 940 Mbps for heavy internet users and those who stream HD video on multiple devices, but it also provides a basic package and an option for those who want something in between.

Spectrum Internet
Spectrum is known for its internet options that let you choose an internet package that fits how you use the internet. Through Spectrum, you can choose from three internet options:
  • The Basic Internet service offers 10 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.
  • The Internet Ultra option offers up to 400 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.
  • The Internet Gig plan offers up to 940 Mbps speeds and high-speed internet with no data caps.

If you are currently struggling with slow and unreliable internet speeds, Spectrum will buy you out of your existing contract so you don’t have to worry about early termination fees. Spectrum also offers free modems.

Spectrum TV
Through Spectrum, you can choose between four TV package options.
  • The TV Select option gives you access to popular movies, sports and news channels along with many on-demand options. You also get 125 channels with free HD.
  • The TV Silver option includes all the channel options from TV Select plus premium channels like HBO Max, Showtime and NFL Network. With this plan, you get more than 175 channels with free HD.
  • The TV Gold plan gives you everything in the Silver package plus Starz, Starz Encore and TMC. This option includes more than 200 channels with free HD.
  • The Mi Plan Latino TV gives customers Spanish and English programming options and thousands of on-demand choices. The Mi Plan Latino TV option comes in three tiers: Basic, Silver and Gold.
Spectrum Voice
Spectrum Voice offers reliable home phone service with unlimited calling throughout the U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico. There are no contracts and no hidden costs or fees. Additionally, if you call 911 from your Spectrum home phone, emergency services can find you based on your Spectrum service. Some of the features you can expect from Spectrum Voice include:
  • Voicemail
  • Call blocker
  • Caller ID on TV
  • Anonymous call blocker
  • Call forwarding

The Spectrum Voice International plan is $5 a month and provides unlimited calling up to 70 countries throughout Europe and India.

Bundling your internet and home entertainment services is a good way to save money. You can bundle two or all three of the options. You can check to see what bundling deals and promotions are available in your area by inputting your zip code into the website.

Spectrum internet prices

Since there are so many different options and ways to bundle Spectrum’s services, price varies based on your location, current promotions and your service options.

If you’re just looking for internet, you can expect to pay:

• $45 a month for 24 months for Basic Internet
  • $65 a month for 24 months for Internet Ultra
  • $105 a month for 24 months for Internet Gig

Taxes, fees, and surcharges are extra and subject to change during and after the promotional period; installation/network activation, equipment and additional services are also extra.

If you’re looking for home entertainment and TV services, you can expect to pay:

• $45 a month for 12 months for TV Select
  • $70 a month for 12 months for TV Silver
  • $90 a month for 12 months for TV Gold
  • $35 a month for 12 months for Mi Plan Latino TV

If you’re looking for Spectrum Voice services, expect to pay $29.99 a month for voice only or $9.99 per month for voice bundled with TV and/or internet.

Spectrum FAQ

How can I pay my Spectrum bill?
Spectrum gives customers multiple ways to pay a bill, including by mail, through the app, online, over the phone or by going into a Spectrum location.
What is the cost of Spectrum internet only?
Internet prices range from $45 to $105 a month.
Can I watch Spectrum TV without a cable box?
You can download the Spectrum app on an Xbox or newer model Samsung TVs.
Does Spectrum charge extra for Wi-Fi?
Spectrum offers a free modem for internet access, but you have to pay $5 per month to activate the Wi-Fi option.
Does Spectrum offer a senior discount?
Yes. The Spectrum Internet Assist program lets qualified households sign up for low-income internet assistance. This program includes a free internet modem, 30 Mbps internet, no data caps, no contracts and optional in-home Wi-Fi service.

Is Spectrum internet good?

Spectrum is known for providing consistent and reliable internet service. The company has several options, which means you won’t end up paying too much for internet speeds that are faster than you need. It’s a good fit for those who do not want to commit to long-term contracts, who use Wi-Fi hotspots regularly and who like to save by bundling their services.

Spectrum Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I was with Cricket Wireless for 30 months. Happy with the service. However I discovered that Spectrum Mobile MVNO is on Verizon's network. I have clearer calls and the data speed is much faster then Cricket. So I switched to Spectrum; I bought a new LG phone (like LG phones). I was able to port my number within less than 10 - 15 minutes.. I do not use much data away from home. I use wifi at home.. It is rare for me to use more that 0.75 gigs of data.. Hey $14.00 per month on Verizon. NO-BRAINER there. I like the fact hot-spot tethering is part of the plan. But I like the idea $45.00 is max charge if I go past my data plan. Spectrum has the best phone support I have used for assistance.. Spectrum customer support is very, very courteous.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Streaming with Spectrum is cost effective, affordable, more bang for your buck at $24 a month and $15 for movie bundle total $39 a month for all the channels and on demand and movies you could ever want and one phone call away for outstanding customer service. You don’t have to chat online. For.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Spectrum - I have been with them for other services for a long time then recently they came out with a new cell phone business. I usually find a cell store and stick with them but I made the move to spectrum after talking to a phone representative and going to one of there walk in stores. Showed me all the plans prices and they set it all up for me. The customer service is great. Everyone is very nice. They have quite a few stores. They have hot spots all over. You have access to a online app to see your information and to change things yourself. You can call them anytime and they will help you with tech support and take the time to talk to you. You can change your plan at any time and offer all the latest smartphones. They're great and would recommend to everyone.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I am retired and spend the vast majority of my time at home within WiFi range. Don't use large amounts of mobile data. Spectrum's unlimited talk and text plan with 1 gig of mobile data for $14 per month is perfectly suited for me. Have access to mobile data when needed and the coverage is excellent. Also total monthly bill is $14.00, no additional fees or taxes. Am very pleased with service and value.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I’ve had my ups and downs with Time Warner/Spectrum over the years, but I commend them for always striving to provide an excellent customer service experience. The agents are always informative, willing to help, but most of all they’re personable. They talk to you as if you were face to face with them (not scripted). Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

My elderly parents had Spectrum cable tv and internet. All seemed well until the promotional period ended where their bill jumped up above $200. For elderly non tech folks with a fixed income this was a huge problem. I purchased a couple of Roku boxes for them, set them up and recommended that they cancel their cable TV and only keep the internet portion, which they did. This significantly lowered their monthly payment for about a month until their bill went up above $200 again. Spectrum claimed that because they are using Roku on "their" internet service they must pay them (for TV service which they did not provide!). Taking advantage of elderly people seems lucrative for Spectrum because they assume that they "don't know any better" and are easy prey. I am utterly disgusted and would caution anyone in considering a company with such despicable behavior!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I have just cancelled my Spectrum account (phone and internet) after many years of hassle and misinformation. I have never encountered a business so incapable of providing even basic correct information, and this has landed me in a number of messes regarding my account over the years. I would recommend Spectrum to no one who has better things to do with their time than hang around on hold for hours fixing problems of Spectrum's making, only to be told that egregious customer 'service' errors are the fault of the client.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Absolutely the worst internet service I’ve ever had. Not only did the service never work, when I finally cancelled they tried to stick me with an entire month's service fee despite using the internet for one day. What a joke. So glad I switched to AT&T. Not only is the service faster, there’s no nonsense with the billing. You pay for what you get. Absolutely scammy business practices. What a joke. Save yourself the headache and get a better internet provider.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I ordered cable service with Spectrum which included Apple TV. I was very unhappy with Apple TV because the remote is very difficult to use. There was no way to set up the service without using the Apple TV box; there was no other remote I could have used. Spectrum will not let me return the box because I opened it. Apple itself said it could not help me and referred me back to Spectrum. So now I am stuck with this inferior product. Don't buy one of these and don't do business with Spectrum!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Cable goes out all the time for no reason. TV guide frequently freezes up while scanning. TV stations are not available on a daily basis. Horrendous cable but high monthly prices. Not satisfied at all.

Spectrum Company Information