1.82/5
Based on 357 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

960 Spectrum Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 16, 2018

Spectrum took over Time Warner Cable in Los Angeles last year. The action to gain customer trust and liking was to jump the prices %80 for the same service provided. So as a customer to be able to keep the tv going, one must settle for much less service and channels. Still pay a higher price. Even if you have a tv line up package, they will take out channels from your line up without worrying about the deal they have with you, not honoring even their own horrible packages. How is it Spectrum, if we decide to pay less money, to you without asking for permission. This is one of the worst, money hungry, customer unfriendly unprofessional, companies. On the top of 100 horrible companies you must deal with if you want to have a normal household with a tv on.

Original review: July 15, 2018

My Spectrum app crashes 3 times. Takes more than 5 minutes to get the app open. Then you call cause obviously the app can't help. And the IVR hangs up on you. I have to call twice. Then you get people who don't know how to do things like install new service. IVR sucks. App sucks. App shows wrong account balance. You guys charge to accept payments over the phone, while your app reflects HIGHER balances than actual. This is horrible. This company is stealing from people.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 15, 2018

Called for service, guy came out and did one TV, supposed to be 4 TV's. Didn't leave notice as what was done, got in his truck and just left, no paperwork was left as to what was done. Said the internet was hooked up in one bedroom was temporary. Called customer service and they said they would have a different tech. Come out the following day, well 2 days later no tech. Yet.

Original review: July 14, 2018

This company is clearly price gouging. No alternatives in our area (Brooksville). So they raise rates while taking away channels, lowering bandwidth, give horrible service and support. Monopoly! Spectrum bad!

Original review: July 14, 2018

Watch out Spectrum customers when you get a replacement for current equipment you may not get the same capabilities of your current equipment. The DVR that I had was freezing up on average about every hour. Called Spectrum and was told to bring in the DVR and it would be replaced. Received the new DVR and started to set it up with my previous recordings. I started receiving messages about conflicts on my recordings. Never had that problem before. Then I started recording 2 shows and wanted to watch a different show. That was not allowed. I could record both shows but had to be watching one of them. That was never a problem before.

Called Spectrum - they informed me that the old DVR was a 6 channel tuner and the current one we have is a 2 channel tuner. Surprise we don't make or have any more 6 channel tuner. Went to a Spectrum Store same answer. First thing is they didn't even tell us that we were getting a different DVR less recording capabilities and then no price reduction for the cost of the service. Not sure why Spectrum thinks going back to 1980s technology is a good business model, but 1980s is not for me and I am looking for a different provider. I thought Spectrum was overpriced but I kept it because of the recording capabilities. Since that is gone so am I.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: July 14, 2018

I had Spectrum internet for the duration of my residence at my current home I bought last year. They always sent promo product to sell me bundle product for internet, TV, and voice service. They offered 21.99 for upgrading from just fast internet service. I tried to give them more business since they were always really great whenever I called for outage or problem with connection and fixed whatever needed to be done and prompt. However once I ordered the TV streaming service they said at first said all I needed to order that was Smart TV so I thought sure why not.

Then even after a few days I didn’t have TV streaming channels so I called and they said I needed either Roku TV or Samsung and cannot have Sony TV. Okay I said then just cancel the order and I will just have the internet service. They said I now have to pay 19 more dollars a month now. The promotion I had on internet is no longer applicable. It is almost October so they cannot undo the order and offer me the same rate. I said October is 3 months away. Then this C/S said she cannot help with that even if I left the company. I said usually the rate goes down not go up after being a loyal customer for almost a year.

Well, it turned out that ATT would give the new customer 250 dollars Visa card and charged only 65 per month which is 4 dollars less than What Spectrum offered for internet-only service for a bundle of TV and internet! If their idea of customer service consists of ripping loyal customers if they want to upgrade (and not to mention the lack of training and didn’t even verify the customer had the right equipment for the product they sold) and wasn’t even customers fault when the customer was unable to upgrade You don’t uncharged them for the same service they had for almost a year! I am so glad the rude lady said she cannot help me. I made minimum of 26 dollars a month for the next 1 year of internet and added TV service!!! I cannot believe a service provider had no concept of what Providing Service means... tsk tsk very sad. They just lost 840 business from me for the next 12 months. Unbelievable.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Do not use this service. They are useless and incompetent when you have an issue with service. I’ve been dealing with issues with my internet for 5 days now. Runaround from them the entire time and no one we speak to will give us a straight answer. We keep getting robo-calls that it is fixed and when we call back to tell them it is not, we have to start all over again. One says it is an outside issue, one says it is an issue with our equipment but the lazy tech called and told us he wasn’t coming after we waited for him. He didn’t call and ask if things were fixed or even call earlier in the day, he called AFTER the scheduled time to say he wasn’t coming. We’ve complained and no one cares so I’ll be going straight to corporate and cancelling. I will tell everyone I know to NEVER use this service. Horrible customer service. Basically non-existent.

Original review: July 9, 2018

After spending approximately 5 hours total on the phone with being cut off 4 times, and scheduling an appointment finally for a technician who neither showed nor called, my issue is still unresolved. This company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced in 62 years.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I am in an area that can get no other cable except Spectrum. New customers get low rates. But I have been with them more years. Bright House was wonderful. This Spectrum has raised my amount and I cut all premium channels years ago and now pay more than when I had them. The service keeps malfunctioning. I pay nearly 200 a month. SPECTRUM BAD.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I was a TimeWarner internet service customer for about a year and a half, maybe more when Charter bought TWC and renamed it to Spectrum. In the time since, I've had many outages lasting hours if not days. Repeatedly issues arise, and the only response from tech support is reboot the modem or they'll send out a tech.

I'm not exaggerating when I say it took less than five minutes of computation time and maybe half an hour of research to crack the WPA2 key Spectrum had configured, but not labeled on the provided modem/ap/router device. When asked if they could provide something a little more robust, as the router/ap would not permit special-characters within the administrative password, they shipped me an older revision of the same device... but at least they labeled it that time. I then purchased a Cisco cable modem and better-than-decent router/ap. Everything was hunky-dory until it wasn't, and then we play the blame game back and forth.

In the span of 48 hours, Spectrum tech support and I have gone round and round with no hope of a resolution in sight. 1. Run a traceroute, done. The results indicated a bottleneck several hops in. 2. Reboot the modem, done. This is futile, provided the information from step one. 3. Send a technician to my home. I have refused to permit their personnel into my home at this point. It's a question of practicality, would you let someone into your home knowing that they cannot manage their affairs reliably? 4. Ship me another modem/router/ap, because the modem I rebooted yesterday is suddenly no longer supported as of today.

I've had their techs, their engineers, and their board of directors involved over the course of the last year or so. I feel forced into reaching out to Charter Corporate leadership at this point, as I'm getting no satisfaction from Spectrum regarding service quality. I intend to record the call, as I live in a one-party-acknowledgment state. My hope is to get a straight answer from their leadership about why they continue on this downhill slide, and share it with ConsumerAffairs, BBB, anyone that will listen.

An honest review before Charter changed everything would've suggested TWC as a decent provider in my area. Now, I can't say the same. Spectrum (formerly TWC) seems to be falling apart. In short, I wouldn't recommend this ISP to anyone, the frustration and the cost aren't worth it. 200mbps download / 20mbps upload for around $80 USD per month seems steep. Especially when more often than not, it's actually around 1-5% of that at most, and the competition offers similar for about half the money.

Original review: July 7, 2018

If there is any possible way to go with another company DO IT!!! These ** have a monopoly where I live and are stuck with their OVERPRICED, does not work a lot of the times, especially if it rains!!! Their service is the worst I have ever experience!!!

Original review: July 7, 2018

Worst company ever!! In the entire ** human species existence!!! That ever was! And ever will be!!! Substandard internet speeds!!! ** go down every week service at $500 per month!!! And the ** have nerve to cut your service the second you don't pay and even if you pay!! They still don't reconnect the devices or press the ** On button like they should!! Because their ** tech Dept is sleeping on their **!!! Worst, worst company in the entire ** 9 cosmos and back!

Original review: July 6, 2018

We are a cable/internet/phone customer of Spectrum. Both of our TVs are not working. I called the customer service #. Waited 20 minutes for a representative and got a twit who was only interested in selling us other services. I kept repeating why I had called but she kept continuing her sales spiel. I called about a TV issue, not for a sales pitch. Time to switch back to WOW. Obviously Spectrum couldn't care less about customer service.

Original review: June 30, 2018

The Spectrum streaming TV app is a joke and so is their support. A tech admitted their server was not big enough to handle demand. Have had several issues with the app on Samsung TV & on Roku Stick. They want you to call support to report problem but you're on phone ridiculous amount of time. They won't credit your account for the useless service you are paying for unless you create a tech ticket with them. It should be illegal to even charge for a service you can't deliver on. Sometimes you can get a callback option & other times you don't. I end up hanging up after 20 min on hold. I will be canceling the app, putting up an antenna & considering Fios internet. So done with this piss poor run company. Unfortunately not a lot of choices to choose from. Do not buy their app!!!

Original review: June 30, 2018

I switched from At&T/DirecTV 7 months ago. Spectrum offered to buy out my contract w/ AT&T. I submitted all necessary docs for the buyout to transpire and 7 months later not 1 cent has been sent to me. I have spent countless hours chatting, calling and emailing only to be told they are: "backed up". When requesting to speak with a supervisor I'm told "He will tell you the same thing". Where is this type customer service ok beside Spectrum?!? Silly me for thinking they had changed when taking over TWC. HA! It's worse now than it was then for sure. Silly me for coming back. Hope they enjoy the measly $80 they are withholding and that it was worth losing a customer. A credit would have been sufficient but no one has ever offered that in 7 months. I can certainly see why their rating are amongst the lowest in the industry. I will NEVER use them again. Consumers Beware!

Original review: June 29, 2018

Technician came out, hooked up our tv service and did not get the app working right away on our Samsung smart tv so we had to call in. After much time troubleshooting the problem the lady finally tells us we have to wait 24 hours before it will work. I asked for a credit statement for those 24 hours that I can't use the app and their response was that this is how it works with everyone. How am I paying for something I am not receiving. THIS IS THEFT! If they want their payment they get it or turn your service off. How is this ethical?

Original review: June 29, 2018

We have the worst internet service at home, I have called on multiple occasions to this company to solve the problem, send a technician who never arrives on time, then goes unresolved, and the accounts continue to arrive with high prices. I have called the Spectrum customer services to cancel the account and they have left me on hold for more than 40 minutes. It is impossible to deal with companies that do not respect customers.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I made an appointment with Spectrum Cable to install cable service at my residence. When they did not show up at the appointment time I called to get an update on the install time. I was told that we were confirmed for 1-2 pm that day (6-23/18) and they would push my call to dispatch. I waited for 7-SEVEN HOURS!!! And called three times, with NO RESPONSE from Spectrum. Yet I noticed they had already emailed me an invoice for $164. With NOTHING being done!

Finally at 8:40 PM a tech showed up and could not do the install because the cable already at residence was "Bad". So another appointment was made for Wednesday, 6/27 for the "Install." Today a technician arrived and I was told he could not do the install until the cable was installed and buried! This latest appointment was to have the CABLE installed! Now the tech is trying to put a "Rush" on the cable install. Their customer service is deplorable, non existent if at all. Do not walk but RUN from this company.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I have NO desire to keep cable TV equipment. I returned it after deciding to go without cable. Now, several months later, Spectrum is threatening me with some action for not returning their equipment. I DID return it but now have no idea where the receipt is. Anybody have this problem and was able to get resolve?

Original review: June 27, 2018

Spectrum offers low prices the first year for the first time customer then doubles the price in the second. The consumer has little options, depending upon the customer service person you whom you converse. Their App is unreliable and has now been down for 12 hours (6/27/18). This is a consistent problem. I'm extremely dissatisfied and shopping alternative providers.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have had Spectrum Time Warner for the past 4 months, everyday the internet & phones go down at least 3 times. Their technicians have been here to fix the problem 3 times, but have not been able to fix it. Today I am waiting again for the technicians, but they did not show up, because my phones were down when they tried to call me. If you have another choice of internet providers in your area, go with them, stay away. Spectrum Time Warner is the worse company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Spectrum's web interface is profoundly poor. No matter what I try it never works the first time, so it takes hours to accomplish even the simplest task. They should outsource I/T to that Nigerian prince. Could not be worse. This morning they are rejecting my credit card payments and they say to call my credit card company. When I do, the CC company says no transactions have been submitted. When I call Spectrum support, they say it will cost me $5 to talk to a person, when all I want to know is are they experiencing a problem on their end. This is only one is a series.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Spectrum here in the Camden Maine area has been an absolutely horrible experience especially at a price of $187/month. 1) Phone issues: Many Log Distance calls are totally dropped after making initial contact after less than 15 seconds of connection time. 2) TV issues: Seeing that the screen has numerous dropouts where blank screens results. Very aggravating and now has the SAP turned on without any asking or need of it. Especially on PBS stations. 3) Poor internet service: Numerous dropouts where access is exceedingly slow. For $187/month I expect service that is worth that high price but nothing seems to improve over time. Reporting problems is an even more difficult issue being put on hold for up to 30 minutes. Something needs to change!

Original review: June 25, 2018

We are stuck with Spectrum currently as there is very little competition in Columbia, SC. We have just had our bill increase by nearly $30.00, but our internet speed is so slow, we can't get through an "On Demand" movie. I just did a speed test and my download speed on my computer was 10.40 and upload was 4.75. I have everything turned off except computer and the TV's are hooked up, but not currently on. For this we are now paying $179.99 a month. It's a "cheaper" package to include a phone that is turned off and we don't use. So happy to state that AT&T is running fiber optic cable through our neighbor and we will gratefully be a new customer for their 1000 Mbps and a return to DirecTV.

Yes, I would rather pay a slightly higher amount for quality service and product. Can't tell you how many times I have had to unplug the boxes to reboot the system and then wait a long time before they finally come on. It is absolutely the WORST product and service and if you have other options, go for them. As it is, I'm writing this while waiting for one of their clueless service techs. to return a call in the 16-24 minute window that was quoted.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Spectrum streaming TV app is the worst unreliable app on the App Store. Cuts out all day and night at times whenever I go on it, take forever to load, then tells me the app is unavailable or I’m not authorized to use it. It’s a laughing stock. Waste of money, and I’d never recommend it to even my enemies. That’s how bad their app is, it just plain and simple is not worth paying a penny a for.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We've had Spectrum TV for a few months. It worked ok at first with some tolerable glitches. Since this past weekend, channels blurry, audio not matching up with video. I spent an hour on the phone with Spectrum. They escalated the problem and told me they would respond within 48 hrs. The next day, Spectrum rep called stating it's a known problem, they are working on it and will be a few months before it will be fixed. We cancelled the service. Not worth the money or trouble.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Since changing over to total a digital service. We had more problems with having to reset the box at least once a week. Was told the reason for the change to all digital was due to service issues created by having combined analog/digital system. I suspect more a reason would be the revenue generated requiring a cable box for every TV in every household, because my service has gone south.

Original review: June 19, 2018

When I signed up with promo offer for $99 a month for TV, cable and internet, there was not a promotion for TV and internet only. I recently received a promotion letter in the mail around my 2nd billing cycle for TV and internet for $59.99. I am under obligation for the $99 promotion for 12 months. I am not eligible for new promotions in 10 months, but I can cancel my service and have nothing. I am now shopping around for better offers.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I would not recommend this company alone for internet services. I was in a promotion for a year, and that year was up. The promotion price of $44 ended, and the price after the promotion went up to $64.99. I spoke with a supervisor at Charter Spectrum they do not offer any special offers to existing customers to retain them. They offer one speed and I don't need 100mbps. All they said was, “Sorry, we can't help you out.” Other companies do offer this, and it would be wise to check into other companies.

Original review: June 19, 2018

This company is totally a fraud place. When I signed up with them two years ago, the offer I had was high speed internet for 40 dollars a month. After one year, my bill went up to 65 dollars/month (because I was told that the offer is not valid anymore), and then couple weeks ago I received a notice that my bill went up to 85 dollars a month (because the offer is not valid anymore)... Indeed I left the company! Also, I wasn't getting the speed that I am supposed to get, and whenever I call to report an issue, they would waste your time over the phone with (unplug the modem, turn off all computers, turn off your tv, turn on whatever, plug back the modem, wait for couple minutes, delete cookies, delete history, restart your laptop, do whatever... For like 30 minutes, then they would say we will send tech within a week!!!) How stupid is that!!!

Spectrum Company Information