1.87/5
Based on 327 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

926 Spectrum Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

This is the single most toxic and inept company I have ever experienced. I was promised I would receive calls for service four times (and counting), and I did not. Service calls were canceled without notifying me. The company severely lacks competence, and has an embedded culture of apathy. Please save yourself the pain, and don't even initiate contact with them.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have been with Charter/Spectrum for over 30 years. The prices keep going up and up all the time and it seems the quality of their service is going down. Plus I keep seeing the commercials saying how the quality is better and if you start now we will give you a deal that is less than half of what I pay now and they will pay off any fees for cancelling your previous provider. So they bend over backwards to kiss a new customers ** with pricing much better than what I get for over 30 years of loyalty to them.

I also keep hearing people get free months or discounts on their bill if they complain. I complain every time and get nothing but a raised blood pressure and headaches, never once any discounts. I need to find a way to get another service other than Spectrum to take care of my tv and computer needs. Doubt very highly that they would even miss me. I also see their feedback is at 1.5 stars out of 5. Looks like there are a lot of other unhappy customers out there too. I so understand where you are coming from. Hopefully some new company will come around so we all can drop Spectrum and be happy again...Good luck everyone.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I switched from AT&T because Spectrum offered a "great deal" including buyout contract. 2 months still waiting and emails not conclusive. 1st email they stated the demand was overwhelming and to be "patient". Well, now I get an invoice instead, demanding the same amount I'm due for the buyout. 2nd email they stated it would still need ONE MORE REVIEW before sending check, which could take 4-5 days THEN ANOTHER. 7-10 days to receive. I'm insulted on every count. As for customer service, they need KNOWLEDGEABLE people cut out the attitude. If I fail to make my timely payments, I'm screwed. Seems to me like False Advertising!

Original review: June 13, 2018

I called Spectrum FOUR times because three of my calls were dropped. No customer service representative ever called back. Getting a human on the phone is impossible unless I said that I wanted to cancel my service. When I told the one out of three customer service people (Wendy, Raven, and A), I wanted to cancel my landline BECAUSE I HAVE A CELL PHONE AND DON'T NEED A LANDLINE, the woman went on and on and on about having a landline in case of an emergency. I DON'T WANT A LANDLINE PERIOD. What a horrible experience. If Spectrum weren't pretty much the only game in town, I would switch to another provider in a nanosecond.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I work from home and sometimes my internet disconnects without notice and reboots whenever it feels like it. This makes it so irritating because I have to do double to the work to assure I don't lose crucial information. If my job allow I would be with Google Fiber. I have had Spectrum for a year and I am not satisfied at all. I have had problems since day one. Working from home is nice, but these problems will make me drive back and forth to work just to avoid the headache.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have had horrible service for now 4 full years. 1st was the Time Warner company now Spectrum. Under Spectrum we decreased our services and got rid of 2 boxes and shifted away from DVR so we would not give up cable stations. From TWC to Spectrum transition our bill went up to $245 from $150. Getting rid of all the additional boxes and DVR and decreased internet speeds (we were never getting what we paid for anyhow) The bill went down to $149.23. Just like an old pair of underwear...the Spectrum bill seems to creep up a little here a little there. THREE increases since Jan 2018. Still don't have a phone or internet 50% of the time and yet Spectrum believes they're warranted in increases when they can't deliver on what they have been selling.

I have had dozens of techs out, resets, pings, chats, phone conversations up to including being told by our local office NOT to contact Customer Service. "They are not the ones coming out to fix the problem, I am and if you want the problem fixed, call me". Flip the coin then when I do contact Spectrum there are no records of some of the work and issues. DO NOT DRAG ME INTO YOUR DRAMA SPECTRUM. Customer service does not keep track of all conversations and chats and one department to the next does not have access to your total information.

It REALLY pisses me off every time I see a Spectrum commercial making claims of hiring 10,000 in US...why is it every person I chat with or speak to is not an American nor do they have a command of the English Language? Or how the Spectrum is great and weatherproof? Phone company internet BAD Spectrum GOOD. How dedicated the employees are...leave home early come home late, am sick of the total nonsense. How can Spectrum justify raising prices on Sr Citizens and not be able to provide consistent phone services? Or internet access? Bad service, games of customer service, technical issues that have been temporarily resolved only to return again and like I said bills that creep up like an old pair of underwear.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Excuse my English! I will do my best! Spectrum is advertising internet for 29.99 with fast speed. Wrong! I've never had this problem when I had the old Bright House internet. I am paying 69.99 and not 29 that they advertise in several commercial!! When I did the contract with this company they promised a new router! Never happen!! They told me that after I change I will never get back to the old one!! I am very disappointed with price and service is not good!! Thanks!

Original review: June 10, 2018

I've had Spectrum internet for a year now... only service available. Today I called to downgrade my service from 300mb to a lower speed. So first the lady tells me that I can drop to 200mb for $69 a month. I ask her the price of 100mb and she says its not available in my area. (How can that be?) So I ask and she says "well, it'd be about the same price" (really???). So I ask her to get the price for me. She then comes back and says 100mb is $64 a month. So I tell her to drop me to 200mb, then she says 200mb is not available in my area. (Wait... that was 100mb 5 minutes ago)... I tell her their website says $29/mon for 100mb bundled, and $44 not bundled. She says that's just for new customers. What a ripoff.

Original review: June 10, 2018

First I've had Charter Cable for years with no problems, then Spectrum got in the picture. Numerous failed attempts to access on demand which I can live with but last month's storm, tornado in my area is the reason for writing a complaint. Already knowing the routine, I called once service was back. After the usual long wait time & outage check, was given a dollar amount that would be credited to my next bill. Next bill came in & no credit. Called again. This call was twice as long after an operator answered. Put on hold numerous times with all sorts of excuses why.

Since the initial call, there was another day without service so since I had to call, I wanted that too. The rep gave me a figure lower than the initial call weeks prior. Asked for the manager. What do you think happened? She gave me yet another dollar amount. How is this possible? Wanted a verification to my email which was then told the company doesn't do that. The website only allowed live chat so I confirmed a number & just deducted it from the bill. Reception is tough in my wooded area so options are minimal. Spectrum took Charter Cable & turned it into a Mickey Mouse company. My comment to Spectrum is get your act together or just get out all together.

Original review: June 9, 2018

My father and I've been a customer of Spectrum for ten years. I love their internet and I love their cable. I've never had any problems with the technicians. They are so polite. I would definitely recommend Spectrum cable to a friend.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Please pass this along - TWC/SPECTRUM makes you pay for services you don't get. I'm fed up! I've been a long time loyal customer but they have absolutely done wrong. We've had many issues with TWC and I've been quite patient as they put me through the ringer telling me this or that would fix an issue, switching services without full disclosure, losing content, rebooting during one time only shows. Not only are their services poor, but the customer service is abhorrent. The final straw was a recent weeks long outage.

After leaving many messages I finally got through today and wanted to know what the issue was and why it took so long to resolve, I also wanted credit for the outage and I wanted a better deal overall. I spoke with 3 people and was told they were glad my services are now working and they would give me a $10 courtesy credit. Really, $10. Meanwhile, as I'm sure with many, my bill keeps going up while they advertise heavily for new customers to bundle for only $29 "why pay more". Really. Well I'm leaving. This kind of customer service is lousy and should not be allowed to continue. We need to put a stop to these practices. That's enough, tell everyone TWC/SPECTRUM is HORRENDOUS!

Original review: June 8, 2018

So our phone lines went out. The only way to contact Spectrum Business is via PHONE! I can't make or receive calls. I called 7 times from my cell phone and all 7 times I was hung up on without a return call from tech support. I even contacted Spectrum Residential to see if they could help and they wouldn't even relay a message to Spectrum Business. So how do we get this issue resolved? We are so disappointed in the service from Spectrum Business.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I was having slow internet speed in September of '17. I called Spectrum and they sent a tech out and he was great at diagnosing the underground drop wire that runs from the pole in front of my house to my house as being bad. He laid a temporary wire (150+) across my front yard to restore my service. He said it would take a few weeks before someone came out to bury it. It has been 8 months and that wire is still there. I call every week or 2 and get the same response; they are sorry, it should have been fixed a long time ago, and they will put a ticket in for it and it will be fixed in 10-14 days. The rep says they will monitor the situation and follow up with me.

I have never had anyone follow up on it with me. When I questioned the issue, I was told that it was never submitted to be buried in '17 and that in the spring, the job was cancelled because "it was not needed". Spectrum has sent a tech out but Spectrum does not bury drops, they contract that out. So every week I have to disconnect the wire to mow the lawn and then reconnect it. I have to do this every 5 days. Every time I call them, they lie to me. Such horrible customer service.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I live on the east side of Madison, WI, in a heavily populated urban area. At ALL hours of the day/night, when I am using the internet, my service is interrupted at least 4-6 times per hour. I am not padding this number. It is out more than it is accessible. In fact, while writing this review, it has ceased working, so I will have to wait until it is up again to push the "submit" button on this review. Please, if you value your sanity and the money that you spend, AVOID Charter Internet if at all possible. I am currently looking for a different provider. Cannot wait to say goodbye to Charter.

Original review: June 4, 2018

When you see Spectrum ads about "no contracts", change the channel. Spectrum makes it look like a benefit to you. It's not! In three years, Spectrum slowly hiked by bill to $228.00 a month. Agent told me to downgrade to Silver Package. I did, and got some relief. Seven months later, Spectrum has slowly hiked my monthly bill to $228.00. Spectrum can do these slow hikes because there are "No Contracts". A provider with contracts is to the consumers advantage. I learned a hard lesson falling for the Spectrum T.V. ad.

Original review: June 1, 2018

It is now Spectrum. I can't believe I let them talk me into services I didn't want like phone for example. As far as phones go I am ok with using Straight Talk because their phone service fades in and out. I live in the city ** shouldn't be doing that. They made it seem like I had no other choice but to pick them for TV. The TV has repeated channels and I am not ok with this! The other night I asked one of their techs what was Spectrum expanded and he thought I wanted to disconnected the TV service I was like wait a minute not yet. I was asking a question. I was okay with them for the internet since my apartment has crappy AT&T service.

I live in an area where tall buildings are all around us so that affects our internet too. I wish I could get rid of my 3 services but I am stuck with them for internet until I moved from here I am going to disconnected 2 services. Any thoughts on that? My final question is for anyone out there how much do they charge for breaking a contract? I know I will be lefted with a balance.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I just received an 8% increase for my June 2018 bill. I called customer service and got nowhere, I explained that I was retired and on a fixed income. They didn't care about the increase and just brushed me off. It's like I was wasting their time. I asked to get rid of my landline and they said my bill would increase because the landline is Federal funded. They offer lower rates for new customers, but, offer nothing for customers who have been with them for over 30 years and never missed a payment. Very disappointed and dissatisfied.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I was switched to Spectrum about 2 years ago when they bought TWC. Currently for a triple package I pay almost $200 a month. I just got a notice that it would go up almost 30%. I am a senior citizen and talking to the rep at Spectrum was like take it or leave it attitude. Would not budge! I have been a customer of TWC for over 18 years! Yet they have bundles for triple packages at $120 a month. I was told that it only for new customers. Can't fathom why they want to stiff the regular customers with such a heavy increase. Need help!

Original review: May 30, 2018

This was our third request for service because the internet, TV and landline were out. First appointment did not happen because the serviceman claimed no one was home. My husband never leaves home, he waited and no one came. Lying episode. Upon further request a technician came not on the day promised by a day late. He fixed some things but the internet was slower than prior to the outage. The printer that worked for about a year stopped working after the serviceman's visit. I called again and was told the visit would happen today before 4-5 PM.

I kept on calling Spectrum until about 7 PM asking when the visit would take place. About 8 PM the serviceman called and said that he was on the way, subsequently he called and said that he would not be coming. He said that the customer service department would call within a few minutes to re-schedule. No one called. These series of unfortunate experiences prompted me to file this complaint. This is what Spectrum delivers for $150 per month: a limited TV channel service, the internet connection and a landline.

Original review: May 29, 2018

When Sputum Charter took over Time Warner (monopoly in this area), my rates increased for their Triple Play bundle. I was given a $20 discount on the package which still amounted to more than what my Time Warner bill was. The discount just expired and my bill went up $20, which as a low income senior citizen, I can no longer afford and will have to give up TV and maybe the phone too. I don't use their DVR service, but have to pay for it. I only watch a few channels, but have to pay for over 100 channels. This company's income in 2017 went from $454M to $9.6B due to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act enacted by Congress last year. I was also refused their low income "Internet Assist" program because I currently have internet service.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I have had internet and phone issues with Spectrum for almost three years and each time I get a technician the issue is never resolved, this last technician I had today came to my home with the intention of not doing anything. Upon arrival he started the conversation by saying it didn’t make sense I moved my box and told me Spectrum will charge me 100 dollars if I did. I told him that’s not what I was told and I still need the job to be completed, he seemed very upset by this.

I also asked him where I could check the speed of the internet and he said he did not know. Ok so he went on to doing the job and just moved the box, left my phone plugged out and didn’t connect the box and ensure anything was working and just left. I called Spectrum from 2 pm today then 3 pm again and then 6 pm to say I’m having the same trouble and I’m still here waiting, this is the ** company ever!!! Believe me when I say this people but in my area the internet services are limited but I’m definitely leaving this company after today... not only the last technician that came I found him sitting on my bed. Smh... Spectrum is a stinking mess... trust me.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Decided to order Spectrum Internet and they decided to ship me my internet equipment through FedEx. I opened the box and noticed the router was visibly wet inside the plastic wrapping. As soon as I took off the plastic from the router it smelled like dog urine. It is absolutely unacceptable that Spectrum operates like this. This entire unit was clearly used and I know all they did was get it back from another customer and ship it off to me enforce inspecting it. I’m going to drop Spectrum because of this. The smell from the router is horrid and I’m not even sure if it works but I am not at all happy about this. I seen FedEx bring it to my door and as soon as they did I brought it inside. The box itself was not wet, the only thing wet was the router inside of the sealed plastic on the router. This happened inside of the Spectrum warehouse!!!

Original review: May 23, 2018

I set my service up for WIFI only a little over a year ago. At that time the set was over the phone, the rep advised me that my bill will be 49.99 a month. After my year was up my bill went to 69.99. I called Spectrum and asked why my bill was high. The female rep advised me that I was on a promotion and it expired after one year. I informed the rep the service was set up over the phone and the rep NEVER informed me that I was on a promotion. I then asked to have a supervisor call me back and requested the transcript for that call. The rep said that she sent the info over for my request. A month goes by another bill is added for 69.99. (NO CALL BACK FROM A SUPERVISOR.) I called in again on Monday 5/21 spoke with a Waynetta. She said that she has sent my info once again and a supervisor will call me back in 24-48 hours.

I received a call from a rep requesting me to pay my bill 5/23. She was smacking on food or gum during the complete call. I advised her of the matter. She said that she would send the info again. I called back spoke with Tina. She then transferred me to a man I believe named was Joe. Who then transferred me to a sales "manager" named Nick. I explained the matter once again to Nick. He states just like everyone else. They cannot added the promo code back. I informed him that I was never informed I was on a PROMO. He stated that the information is on the website. (I DID NOT HAVE INTERNET AT THE TIME, THAT'S WHY I HAD TO COMPLETE THE ORDER OVER THE PHONE.) I informed Nick that this was set up over the phone and it was the sales rep job to inform me of all the correct information at that time. Nick then AGREES with me but said that he can not add it back. I asked that the bill goes down to the original price of 49.99 an month.

It doesn't matter to me how the price goes back. I just want my 49.99 price. Nick said that he can not do anything. All I want is my monthly fee back down to 49.99, that is the price I was provided at the time of the account was created. I also need my account to be created the amount price difference due to the increase that have placed on my account. It is very unfair to try and hold me to a price I was never informed of. I am more than ready to pay my past due balance of 49.99 not 69.99.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I was on auto bill pay. TWC called me to tell me they did not get the payment so I paid them again over the phone. I could not find all my payments due to having three accounts I used to pay bills. I no longer have three accounts using just one. I since recovered all of my payments. I was charged twice within one month yet TWC refused to acknowledge the extra payments. When switched to Spectrum I was told I would have to sign on with Spectrum which would end my deal with TWC after requesting I not sign up due to the increase in amount they agreed to keeping the same amount I had with TWC. Due to the mix up with TWC some of the payments I made prior were never added to my account. KEEP A VERY CLOSE WATCH AT BILLING.

I also want to understand how they charge you a month in advance when you first sign up. You pay two months when sign up say it's April but then get a bill May thru June. I thought that when they charge you two months your already paid for June or do they hold onto that for last month just in case you don't pay them? I do not understand their billing system. I feel since moving to California from Boston the utility companies here are taking advantage of the customers. None of them will ever find an error in your account. After going over the charges and payments I find errors yet they are always denied by the workers. This all should be simple math yet they never do the math. They go by what the computer says on the billed statement. When I add each charge and each payment the total is never the same.

The bill and charges are always higher if the payment is not on time and is 1-9 days late. It does not show as a payment made on the bill. When I signed up with TWC I had a deal that was good for a year. After signing up with them the bill increased. When I called them they said they never had a deal with that amount. I had a copy of that coupon when I told them they changed what they were telling me. The entire time I had auto pay they tried to take out more money every month. I stopped them from going over a certain amount. My bank stopped payments when they put in for a higher amount. Most of the time they refused to go back to the same amount.

My bill went from $112.00 to $150.00 within the first year. When I moved into another place they increased it 50.00. When I moved they refused to allow me to use the lines already installed by the builders. They told me my service would not begin until 3 weeks after I moved in due to them having to send a serviceman into my home to hook us up. The service man came that date most people living around me had Dish TV including the prior owner of my home. The TWC servicemen cut all my wires in my home and in my attic. I thought he was using those wires to hook my service. Instead he hooked up the dish wires used before we moved in. When I tried to cut down the dish and all the outside wires around the home I realized there was a problem. Plus my service was very poor my phone cut off the people I would talk WITH.

The TV had a very poor picture. No internet service most of the time. Could not use my brand new NEAT program or my printer. Not until months later when TWC sent a serviceman into my home was I told about the way my service was hooked up. After months of TWC trying to get my service correct I requested they put back the wires they cut out. It took me almost a year to get them installed. I was told it would be done free. During this time waiting for an indoor serviceman to install the wires TWC was sending other installers who installed outside wires. I must have denied them 5 or 6 times.

One worker was so frustrated that he called his boss to request the service be done as I wanted it prior to the wires being cut. That service was never ordered. I guess it was due to them thinking they would break me down. I was told when the order was suppose to be done I would not be charged. When they finally sent the serviceman named Demetri to install the wires he was told only to do 1 installs. The original install was for internet in the study cable on the TV in the living room plus 2 more TVs in each bedroom.

When I asked him about the other rooms he called the manager. This was during the weekend. I was told I was being charged plus they would not include the other rooms. I was not happy since I was told by my son it was going to be done free of charge. I told him the woman who talked to my son had it approved by a manager that's how I know it was authorized. He refused to do anything I had to have the same man come back next weekend. I also called TWC about the charges. They assured me there would be no charges. Yet when my bill came in they had auto payment which showed they took out an extra 200.00 for installing the wires that were cut by TWC serviceman when we first moved into the home. I never got any of my money refunded. When Spectrum took over or when TWC changed their name to Spectrum I paid them.

Original review: May 23, 2018

From the beginning I had nothing but problems with the company, first was the actually cable boxes not working correctly. I have to call again and again in order to fix them, then after some time they will raise the price on my monthly bill for few bucks. When I call to complain they will give me the most stupid excuses for it, of course after a year or so my so call offer will expire and right away they raise the price (again). I call them and spoke with some lady that said if I disconnected the service and return my equipment before certain day I will Not get charge because you pay ahead monthly, but guess what! When I returned my equipment I was told that I owe almost $200. Of course I have complain about it but NO ONE! At STUPID SPECTRUM! CARES ABOUT IT! And even if I already pay $100 they still sending me to collections for it, why are this companies continue stilling from people? I will never recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I only had internet with Spectrum for my Android box but because of lightning striking my box (Friday), they had to replace the modem and box and also I needed something to watch. So with those high prices I called and made the appointment between 3 and 4 (Saturday) for cable and I had to call at 5 to see what was up with the appointment. He finally arrives at 6:45, was at my home until after 9 pm trying to get everything to load. He then said, "Well I can't get it to come up so if it does not come up by tomorrow (Sunday) take it back and get another box."

So basically I wouldn't have anything to watch for another day. Well sir Spectrum is closed on Sundays. He also came to hook this cable box up with no HD cord, he had to use my old HD cord to hook to the cable box. So I started troubleshooting after he left and after the 5th time there was no error and the channels popped up. Called and complained about: NO CALL about running late, not completing the order and no HD cord and the only thing they can offer is a 20.00 credit. WTH. No empathy for customers, I had to cancel my plans for that day because of not knowing when this tech would come. They will be losing that cable bill from me, Hell the internet is high enough for them to not even care if the customer has to complete the order.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I recently decided to purchase a new modem to replace my aging modem. The new modem is on Charter's approved modem list. I called support to have them remove the old modem and provision the new one. They were unsuccessful in doing so. The support person was inept and all he wanted to do was send out a technician to my home. They did and they screwed around for over two hours only to find that the support tech did not remove my modem from my account and tried to provision the wrong one. The truck guy said it was support's fault for not doing it correctly.

Now I noticed that the company has charged me a $45 service call. This is not right as there would have been no need to send out a truck if the support person would have done his job correctly. I will try to get the charge removed but I don't have my hopes up too high. I absolutely hate this company but they have no competition in my area so I am stuck with their poor support service. It is a scam operation in my opinion. The truck guy laughed when he left. I almost think they did a truck roll to make some extra money.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I signed up 1 month before Spectrum took over. I got 30 Mbps and 1 month later it went to 60Mbps and now it is at 100Mbps but I would have to pay a whole lot more to upgrade. They may not have a contract but their price increased over $20 after a year and would go up another $20 to get what new people get when they sign up for less and get more. They are more concerned about new customers than making their loyal customers happy and making it to where they want to stay. If they did they wouldn't have such a turnover. Spectrum - reward your loyal customers for being loyal!!!

Original review: May 18, 2018

Spectrum offers a promotion with no contract???? So they can raise your rate whenever and whatever they want... Why is the government not doing anything to control these cable companies? The representative was unable to help me in any way. I had to cancel tier one to save $12. Since I signed with Spectrum a year ago, I have had to cancel programs 3 times to reduce my rate. Now I am down to Just Basic Cable for $150.00 a month. I grew up with free TV!!!! Do you know how it feels to pay so much to watch TV??? It is SAD... and UNFAIR... WHEN YOU ARE ON A FIXED INCOME AND DON'T GET OUT MUCH, HAVE POOR VISION AND ANY OTHER PHYSICAL PROBLEMS. What's left????

Original review: May 17, 2018

Not only was I sexually assaulted by the tech who installed my cable but I reported it and got myself a big dog. But now I'm late on, my bill fell behind van broke down. Long story short I'm in the bathtub and my daughter answers a call. They are outside my house with a cop to get a cable box. Are they insane come to my home with a cop for a tin box that isn't worth nothing if it's not hooked up rather than they call me ask me to bring it in. Nevermind the fact I already told the woman who called I dont get paid until Saturday so I would come make a payment after I get paid. What POS...beyond words. Thinking I am getting harassed now because I complained when their nasty ** service guy picked me up tried to kiss me scared me. I was home alone no phone service yet out in the woods. POS.

Spectrum Company Information