2.70/5
Based on 1,194 ratings submitted in the last year

1383 Spectrum Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 23, 2019

So... I decided to visit a concert at the casinos in Stateline NV. During this event, someone picked my pocket and got my phone. :( I had some serious help from both Katie from the Greenville SC call center and the Cassie in the NY call center! They both took a horrible situation and made it much better by showing understanding about my phone being stolen not lost. Not only did they blacklist the phone so nobody can use it, they also helped me by not forcing me to pay for the stolen phone balance! No other provider would do that...not one!! They have me as a customer for life. Thanks Spectrum, Katie, and Cassie for superior customer service!

Original review: June 25, 2019

We have had Spectrum for almost a year now and have no complaints. We had DirecTV and HughesNet (internet). Spectrum reimbursed us for the early termination fees. The quality of the cable and internet has been great. I had no trouble getting a tech on the phone when I inadvertently damaged the internet cable last year and the buried orange cable two weeks ago. Spectrum spliced the cables on both occasions and didn't charge me a thing! I noticed that Spectrum's ratings and reviews on the internet are not great, but I would attribute that to the fact that irritated customers are more likely to leave a review that satisfied customers. Customers complain about the cost of Spectrum service, but I found that the cost is on par with DirecTV and internet service providers.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2019

When I went with Spectrum I took the bundle package TV internet landline and never used the landline once, my bill was $105.00 per month, after 1 year without notice the bill is now $155.00. I called and the person I dealt with was pleasant and tried to explain to which she was right I should have read the fine print. So I ask her if I could get the new promotional ad and was told no it was for new customers only. She explained I could leave for 90 days and come back however the promo may not be available. I am on disability and budget my money very well, but since then I have had to pay my bill in 3 payments each month. I enjoy having spectrum but it's getting harder to pay. If spectrum would look at the people leaving versus new customers does this make for a good business practice? I wish they would reconsider and allow existing customers to take advantage of the new promotional plans.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Let me share my recent customer service experiences w Spectrum! I Ordered cable & internet from Spectrum because the apartment I moved to would not allow DISH. I was sold by Spectrum “the Apple TV” streaming box instead of a 3rd cable box for the same price. Before Spectrum, I was with another company and obviously, I don’t intend to mention their name.

After spending majority of my time on the phone with their so called “CUSTOMER NO SERVICE “, they reluctantly agreed to a return/replacement, which could take 7-10 days with no assurances that the replacement would even work. I faced some technical issues with Spectrum too, but the tech said He could look at my Apple TV setup and that too without any charge. I don’t know much about the product but as far as customer service is concerned, I was sold on it.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Really easy to set-up recordings from computer or smartphone, great to use while traveling ~ you can watch on other devices, very strong and fast wi-fi, easy and fast scheduling appointments with good customer service. I have all home so I can record and watch from any room in my house, which is especially important when hubby wants to watch sports. Red Zone is the most important feature for my husband and sons ~ very inexpensive program for football lovers who do not want the expense of total football packages.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

So they have a technician go to set up your equipment for an additional fee of over $50-$150, but actually you can pick it up yourself. Then, they will say, well the technician goes to check to make sure you have the wiring correct, so they can make more money off you, but likely previous tenants had internet, you can search this by applying if they cover your area, will show your apartment already had this check done, so dont' be fooled, they will try you. I picked up the equipment and Ta Da, free. The issue is you are told month to month. Then you pay late and woooow, here comes the late fees. You're like Whattttt!!!!???? Late fees, i thought i could cancel anytime?!?! You can cancel, but if you pay late, you get each time, $10-$11 late fees which will prevent you from having internet even if you just pay the original amount. Mines is $44.88 monthly internet only. Plano, Texas 75093 includes WIFI and internet apartment 2 bedroom.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I'm paying nearly $100 for strictly internet per month with Spectrum. I I'm 69 years old and do not have cable TV but I do have internet. The lowest rate I can get with Spectrum is $69 a month for 100 megabytes per second. $100 a month is for 300mbps, and since this represents 10% of my monthly income I contact the Spectrum to see if they had a senior rate since I understand Comcast has. In fact Comcast has, Comcast recognizes that seniors are on a budget and cannot devote a lot of money to monthly internet service. That’s why its Internet Essentials plan aims to offer quality service at an affordable price. It includes 15 Mbps and in-home Wi-Fi for $9.95/month plus tax.

Spectrum on the other hand has no sympathy for seniors and the best I can do is 100 megabytes per second for 70 bucks a month. It appears they are all about the money. I used to love my internet company when it was owned by Time Warner just a a little over a couple years back. I just don't understand why Spectrum doesn't care about it senior members.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I have had Spectrum in Dallas - Fort Worth area, for 5 months or so - have had problems with internet and cable tv multiple times and all techs found different problems. A tech named Kevin came by, swapped out a device and then charged me a service fee for a service that has continuously had problems. Spectrum supervisors refuse to remove charges while their own technical department can not see why I was charged a fee for service when there was a problem on Spectrum's end. Techs are unethical and will do things behind your back, they told me it is their tech's word against the customer's word. Basically steal money from customers, so never know what they are doing while in your home. Please watch them while in your home.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Spectrum is the worst! I would give it below a zero if it was available. Their practices are deceiving, I called customer service to downgrade by cutting cable and phone after they increase it. After being on the phone for over a 15 minute wait, I’m told that I’m still responsible for the full amount of the bill. She said “You can cancel anytime but you still have to pay the full amount”. She transfers me to another customer service to schedule the future cancellation, since I’m paying for it. I’ll keep it until the cycle ends I told her.

I was on a wait for over 45 minutes when I was told by the other customer service I could turn the cable and phone services off today but that I could not schedule a cancellation, that I had to call back. I don’t understand how they can change their terms and do whatever they want at anytime. And by the way when I called I ask to cancel services why did I get transfer from one customer service to another one. Very poor business practices and customer service. I feel sorry for their customer services employees, you can heard on their voices how frustrated they are.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

In an attempt to collect additional late charges or pay more for their services, Spectrum cable this year has resorted to changing due dates. My statements prior to Feb 2019 were statement 10th, Due 3rd of following month. I always check my due date anyway however I previously paid on the 7 days before due. My most recent due date is the 26th. A full week earlier. If I had them in an automatic payment program, it would have resulted in late charges. This Due date has changed several times this year.

Spectrum Company Information