Bright House Networks

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We just moved back to FL from up north. Switched from WOW and we were very sorry! Horrible service AND horrible Customer service. Not only did we have to pay another month of WOW to keep our number (that we've had for 30+ yrs) because nobody knew what was going on. I see that YOUR switch from Bright House to Spectrum cost us money, and we were promised a credit, again someone offered something they couldn't. Just like the trouble we had just getting these services. We will be canceling our account and I will write reviews. I hope no one ever has to deal with this, along with having a job, a home, kids, animals and the numerous hours dealing with people who don't care if you have service. What a joke. More people need to write to the BBB about this cable company.

Spectrum is a joke. I was happy with Bright House and wish they would come back. I had 2 accounts with Bright House one for my home and one for my mother who lived at a HOA. This company decided to cancel the agreement with my mother's HOA and not tell anyone. On top of that they decided that "hey let's add TV charges to an account that has been internet only for over a year". At that point her bill went from 34.99 to a total of 215. Are you kidding me! My mother is disabled and on a fixed income. The last email I received from this pack of scammers is that she had a FREE personal upgrade in speeds with NO RATE increases. Oh and to top everything off, they decided to cancel her services.

We received a letter today saying that a card that does not match her account or cards that any of us own has tried to make payments that were declined. Even the actual payments we made were accepted and she is up to date on bills. This caused NSF and they have no idea where the payments came from. Worst experience I have ever dealt with. I will reach out further. I cannot believe they would treat a elderly lady this way.

If I could give less than one star I would! We switched my 90 year old mother from Verizon to Bright House phone service. We started the process two weeks before Christmas. Some of the issue was Verizon not releasing her old number in a timely manner. But, after they released the number, Bright House kept giving her a date that the service would be all set up. I have never experienced such confusion over such a simple task. It is not unreasonable to expect a company to honor its commitment to service especially when dealing with an elderly person with limited options.

People we dealt with on the phone were all very polite, but that is where it stopped. All polite, but no action or follow through. As I am typing this, I just received a call from my mother - her phone is finally working. Someone named George (she spoke with him a short while ago) committed to resolve the problem for her. So, less than one star for Bright House, 5 stars for George. A huge thanks to him for ending the stress for my mom who was not able to receive any calls for two weeks.

I have had THE WORST customer experience of my entire life with Bright House/Spectrum. They shut off our service after a problem with our credit card the day before New Year's Eve without any notice whatsoever that our auto payment hadn't gone through. We spent HOURS on the phone with them the following two days, between the two of us a total of at least 8 calls and 11 representatives spanning the payment department, customer experience, and supervisors. Out of all those phone calls and people only two people were even decent to us on the phone. Every single other person was at a minimum unhelpful and rude, and at worst actually detrimental to the ordeal. Not to mention that every single time we called the minimum amount of time we waited on hold to speak to someone was 18 minutes, and the longest was 40 minutes.

We didn't have any TV or internet service after spending all day on the phone for New Year's Eve. The supervisor told us the amount to pay at an Amscot to get our service reinstated and after we double checked the amount with him THREE TIMES (we had been told different numbers all day), my husband went out and paid the amount he told us. And when we called back they said it wasn't the right number and wouldn't fix the issue even though it was their mistake. And then after two days with no service, two trips to Amscot, and a phone call promising our account was paid in full, they would not reinstate our service on the third day because there was an $.08 balance and they made my husband drive out to pay it in person at a branch before they'd agree to turn it back on.

I cannot even begin to convey how horrific and unbelievable our experience was. The way we were treated was unacceptable and beyond excuse. This post doesn't even scratch the surface of what was done and said, but this is the quickest summation I can manage (believe it or not). DO NOT under any circumstance use this company unless you absolutely have to--we've already begun switching our service ourselves.

I received a letter from Bright House of an increase in monthly fee from $120 to $135 on Jan. 3, 2017. I called on Jan. 4 to cancel our service and were referred to their Retention Department. After about 30 minutes on hold, I spoke with Suzanne and told her of my intent to cancel our services due to frequent increases in monthly fees. She offered me their "new customer" triple play package for a rate of $128.94 per month and I accepted this offer. In order to get this package I agreed to change over to Spectrum from my grandfathered Bright House service. I had to drive about 10 miles to their Auburndale office to pick up a cable box that Suzanne said I needed to have with the new service.

Upon getting home I hooked up the box and did not have the HD service as promised by Suzanne. I called Spectrum Customer Service again and waited another 30 minutes on hold, and finally spoke with Tom. He helped me establish the service as promised but in doing so the monthly fee jumped from $128.94 to $178. Tom attempted to restore the lower fee as promised but had no success. He eventually referred me to the Retention Department where I waited another 30 minutes on hold and finally spoke to Gabrielle. She informed me that I was not eligible for the rate of $128.94 promised by Suzanne. In addition, she told me that I could not even get back the plan I started with. I discussed the issue at great length with Gabrielle but she refused to do anything to correct their error and now I am stuck with paying $178. We have been loyal customers for 8.5 years and don't appreciate their misleading business practices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bright House Networks?

Very disgusted. Been a customer for 10 years. Cable always been sub-par. Pay for HD channels and haven't had them in 2 months. When call about it they want me to reset box. Phone line don't work, internet very slow. Brighthouse sucks.

Bright House is now SPECTRUM. What a joke! The wait time on the phone is longer -- 25 minutes minimum then they transfer you for another 20 minutes and do not have the decency to tell you are being transferred. You ask for a supervisor and no supervisor comes on the line. Spectrum has a monopoly in Largo FL -- so you are "jacked"! I was transferring service expecting to have a house settlement -- did not happen -- I called BH to cancel my appt and customer service would not listen to me and insisted my appointment was for next week instead of that day -- so they basically ignored me.

Then 4 hours later a technician was at my new location to install service and called looking for me -- like I told customer service -- I was furious -- I told Customer Service to cancel any changes and leave as is -- 4 days later -- they cut off my service... what the **! They restored service yesterday and today -- cut off my service again -- You folks are SOOOOO unprofessional and SOOOOO expensive. We NEED Comcast/Infinity down here.

I recently had Bright House cable. I called to see if they had any specials going on and I was told that they have a package called Triple Play Gold that will lower my bill about $30 from $203 to $172. When I agreed to the package a tech was sent out to my house and installed some cable boxes. After the tech left I realized that my internet was going very slow. I called Bright House which is now Spectrum to let them know about the problem and they tried to tell me that the first rep I spoke to that gave me the package gave me the wrong information, my bill is now $260.

I tried to go back to Bright House but they said even though it was their mistake I cannot go back to Bright House and I'm basically stuck. I spoke to a supervisor and he said that he would be able to at least lower it $30. Now I have less channels and a higher bill. If I knew the bill would go higher for Less service why in the world would I change? All they can say is sorry but there is nothing that they can do because I switch to Spectrum from Bright House and even though it's the Rep's fault for giving me the wrong information they cannot do anything about it. I've never seen anything like this before. It's incredible that they can get away with this.

I was a very satisfied customer for years. In the last 2 years the service started declining with this past year. Your service has taken a nosedive not only with your product but your customer service. I have called too many times to count this year regarding the same issue with either my internet not working to receiving the message "this channel will be available shortly" on multiple channels (more than 11). When I call tech support their solution is to send a tech out to replace the modem (every 2-3 months from the beginning of this year a tech was at my house) in which I continued to have the same issue so needless to say, replacing the didn't work. Well I called again tonight for the same error message and spoke with Alexis the rudest representative ever who help me out a lot. She helped me make the decision to cancel my service just as soon as I find a new provider.

It's bad enough that Bright House / Spectrum product sucks (cable and internet) but to have nasty customer service on top of it, you're going continue to have your loyal customers leave as I can't wait to find another provider regardless of the cost just as long as I get good customer service. I can honestly say that Bright House / Spectrum has not only the worse service but the worst customer service and I recommend if you’re considering this company to run and run fast!!! Terrible service.

I have had cable since the late 70's. I have always rolled over to whomever bought out the current cable company. I have had no trouble with Bright House. Spectrum, on the other hand is horrible. My bill went up 30 dollars a month with no additional services. I called and asked if it could be lowered. I was told that I could do the same services and they could lower it back to where it had been with the same services. I agreed. One day later my internet is not functioning. I called and they said it had been canceled yesterday. I explained my conversation. The first rep told me the bill with internet would be 207.00. He then connected me to someone else who said I could do internet for 287.00. I told him I wanted to speak to the complaint department. After 25 minutes on hold I hung up. I recommend you find another company. These people are terrible to deal with and customer service is non existent!

I upgraded my Internet service to a faster speed (300 MB) with Bright House last month. I was told that I could go back to the slower speed (200 MB) Internet service at any time without additional charges, and my bill would go back to the original charges. I called today to go back to the slower Internet speed service, and to have my billing go back to the charges that I paid in previous months. Spectrum told me that since I changed my service with an upgrade last month, and now I want to go back, that I have to pay an additional $50/month in charges higher than my previous charges at the LOWER level of service.

I spoke with four representatives at Spectrum and finally a supervisor. Mike was the supervisor. He said that this is the best price they can give me for the lower level of service, which is now $50 higher than I was paying previously. How can they charge me $50 more for less service? I am very unhappy about this situation. They are taking advantage of a senior consumer. I will be filing additional complaints.

Inflated my bill so I went from 140.00 to 158.00 then the guy was like "I can give you the 164.00 package". I was like "are you kidding? I'm complaining my bill is 158.00." It was like it is what it is. But I called Direct. You get phone cable and internet for 89.99. I think that's way better. I believe Spectrum is going to go under Volusia county. Don't have high paying jobs and people can't afford that. And not to mention its repeats everyday on tv.

Received billing December 16, 2016... see they raised billing price $30.00 per month to $284.86. Called to seek information (waiting on mobile 28 min) and they could offer NO relief. That's their new price without giving any prior notice. Asked to speak with RETENTION Dept if they wanted to keep my business and was connected to a R. **. He said that YES, indeed wanted to keep my monthly business... after about 20 minutes on hold he stated that my NEW MONTHLY TOTAL would be $222 with tax each month. Not the best but was somewhat relieved.

Today December 19, 2016 called Spectrum/Bright House to see why NO SERVICE PERSON for the 2nd day in a row FAILED TO SHOW!!! They had no reason. Then I asked to verify my monthly billing future total since speaking with RETENTION DEPT 12/16/16 and NOW they are saying that my monthly total will be $277.00 without tax... which would make it the SAME as before my calls. Something wrong with the UNTRUTHS to consumers... is fraudulent... pitiful. Hopefully, the NEW US Administration will DRAIN THE SWAMP with the dishonest Cable Service Providers screwing Americans with high prices and POOR services.

Called BHN to see if any discounts were being offered as I did every year and BHN always offered me the best discount as I'm a disabled customer. I spoke to customer service agent and was informed that BHN changed their name and is Spectrum. She advised me that a tech would need to come out and change my box because it wouldn't work properly, so I agreed. The tech came out to my home and tech advised me didn't need to change my box. I ask what additional charges, the agent advised me it would be $8.00. Never mentioned any charges for a tech to come out to my home. And as he left he advised me that to sign my work order to say that he came to my home, which I did. I saw my bill yesterday and saw a $49.95 & $9.95 fee for tech and Wi-Fi installation.

I called customer service at Spectrum and I was advised these charges are for tech coming out to my home and installing Wi-Fi. I told agent I already had Wi-Fi so why would I get charged for service I already had and for a tech coming to my home and nor the first agent that set my service up nor the tech informed me of any charges. The agent told me that I had to pay for services even if I wasn't informed because it's on the work order (conveniently in small print). I had to speak to supervisor, where after holding 15mins, for one was very rude. I may add was talking over me and was giving no empathy. Her response to me was "all well you have to pay the bill."

I advised that how many elderly customers this company was basically stealing from customers because they were adding fees without informing the consumers. He response was "Ah, well you shouldn't signed the work order. Now you signed it and you have to pay it." This company is in violation of the consumer law. Doesn't read any terms and conditions to the customer nor provides the correct information when charging fees to the customer.

I've been with Bright House for 7 years now and out of that seven years I have had only 3 years of perfect service. I have called and spoken with CEO's even about the problems that have been accruing over that last 4 years and Bright House would contact me with some supervisor in my area and I would have to explain the problem all over again to them and then wait and see if the problem was fixed and they would put a band aid on it so I would go away and then the trouble would raise its head again and back on the phone I go again and multiple techs out to the house for nothing since the problem is on the Bright House side from what every tech that came out has found out.

Now with the merger some tech changed my account from Bright House to Spectrum with the assurance that my service would be the same and my monthly bill would remain the same since they took my channels away when they became Spectrum. I was paying around $180 a month for lots of good channels, phone and 200mgbs internet, then with Spectrum merge the tech I spoke to about my channels disappearing said I had to change my account to Spectrum to get my channels back and that I would pay $40.00 less a month than I was.

Oh then the next day I come to find that I still didn't have my channels and my internet had been reduced to 60 mgbs and I'm now being charged $199.89 a month. So I called them back to try and get things strengthened out, it took 6 hours on the phone with a tech in Canada and her whole department around her desk to get things working so now I get all my channels back with some I didn't want and the Spectrum 300 mgbs internet and now my bill is $202.39 a month and I'm told that I could have kept my Bright House account and none of this would be going on.

My friend however a week ago on a Sunday night called and canceled his Bright House account and told them "come get your stuff", then the next day Monday they showed up and now he gets Spectrum's $114.00 a month plus 5 rooms with boxes, where I only have one box, and he has everything I have for nearly half the price per month, and Spectrum keeps telling me there's nothing they can do for me. For the last year I have had nothing but major problems with all my services and they're still not fixed and yet I'm paying even more for that same broken service. I think it's time for a civil suit from everyone that is or was a Bright House or Time Warner Customer against these types of inflated and misleading practices. It's still "We the People".

With the merge now of Charter, Bright House and Time Warner, there are over 7 million customers in the group of this Monopoly that are being cheated daily, do you think they could withstand a lawsuit under all that, especially with the fact that Charter is trying to pull out from under a bankruptcy. Yes go look! I wonder where they got the financial backing to buy out 2 of the largest cable companies in America while they were almost closed down forever.

With all that we all have seen this year of corruption in our Government, could this just be more of the same? The gouging practice that's been going on here in America needs to stop and We the People Need to send yet a loud and concise message to these industries that we are sick of their practices, We the People or We the Consumer have had enough. Thank you all for reading this message. It was paid for by the spilled blood of this country's fallen Son's and Daughter's Soldiers. I was one of the lucky ones to be able to come home.

Brighthouse customer for over ten years. Never late on payments, not once. I got a letter stating my bill would go up from $142.00 to $158.00. I drove to Auburndale office and spoke with customer service rep. She checked things out and then told me I had no choice to either pay the increase or find service somewhere else. She also suggested that I could call Customer Retention to see if they could help, but I called no less than 20 times in the next two days. First time I got a music recording for 42 minutes. Then the second day I got more music for 26 minutes. The rest of the calls were all the same, no one to answer and or speak to just music.

I gave up and went with Dish and Magic Jack phone service. I did not want to switch just a little help as I am retired and have not had an increase in my SS check in three years. They just cut me off and told me to go elsewhere, which I did, not my choice but the only one they gave me. Very, very unprofessional. I have had zero problems with Brighthouse through the years, but Spectrum very, very unprofessional. No courtesy for a good paying dependable customer. Don't deal with them.

While they were nice to me near the end, it was me walking in with all of the cable equipment and threatening to cancel was when they gave me back a working modem, and it only occasionally went out for short periods of time for reasons that were not the fault of my cable modem/telephony. Anyway this I'm certain. Here is the story. I thought well, I'll get the newer one they have available because they were always telling me I needed to, this was the first big lie. I got one Arris brand modem with telephony and a second and neither would go online nor would the phone enabled portions work on either. Brighthouse could never get them provisioned and I was getting impatient, never calling back as they said they were going to do on the next day. The third one went online which was also an Arris brand with telephony built in but also had WiFi built in but they couldn't get phone portion working.

Additionally the modem with built-in WiFi crashed together with my D-Link router and basically made a mess out of my routers interface and the Arris's built-in WiFi interface also. I couldn't open many of the menus in my router for its internal settings as they were frozen up, and yes the WiFi on the Arris showed it was disabled in the settings which I already had checked when I was first hooking up and not from their advice either, my own. I then took the third one back and demanded my original back. But only through a more resolving approach by telling them I'm going to cancel and going home and coming back with equipment that they changed their attitude.

The good modem/telephony I got back from them is a real workhouse and is made under the famous brand name of Scientific Atlanta. This was that reliable brand name most everyone I think used as their set top cable boxes for years and were tough as nails. So it stands to reason that this small workhorse modem/telephony, I barely got back, is the best of the best and taking up just a small spot on my computer table besides.

Through no gratitude to Brighthouse on helping me, it was three days wasted time not counting another day of straightening out my WiFi. It was my persistence to not put up with their crap and many of the tech support at their Florida location either. They were a bunch of asses and laughing in the background and saying they couldn't see my modem, to switch it back on, just another big lie. The majority of the company are going all out to get more money from people and the hordes of pissed off customers returning junk equipment and getting screwed on their bills was bad to see.

This company has gone from bad to worse now that they are Charter. And a ** woman was standing over the two customer service reps at the front counter micro managing them every time I was there, and they were busting their butts, but liars like the rest though still. The one rep sometimes looked like she was going to break down.

I'm running the show more than you know Brighthouse/Charter. Oh and I can't prove but it looked to me like the Arris modems as in my case have some sort of browser helper objects loaded on them and who all knows what else. These Arris devices are compromised in my opinion and are likely loaded with spyware. I had an instance where I was trying to go to my bank and an Asian dating site showed up. Mind you I have a full compliment of AVG software on my computer and have had no issues like this at all. I was clearly redirected without my doing so and I have never been to a site like before this either. This only happened after going online with the third Arris modem/telephony. Beware folks we are being chiseled here and something is very wrong here!

For more than two weeks my internet service has stopped and I spend more than an hour calling to advise customer service for the problem. I have called several times. They send a tech out and he fixes it. Then it happened again and again. Today was the worst customer service and resolution. A tech was supposed to be at my home between 2-4. No one showed and no one called. I called and asked, they said it was canceled. Now after on the phone with a rude rep named Steven, I finally speak to a supervisor. Tameka was empathetic but again now sending a tech out and I wait now until 6 pm to see if the repeat problem of internet being intermittent gets fixed. Very dissatisfied customer.

I got something in the mail with a Spectrum promotion and called. I was told that is for new customers. After an hour on the phone with a rep and retention department I was told a supervisor would call me back within 48 hours. Of course 6 days later, no one called me back. I called and again spoke to the retention department. Not only do they have no concern for keeping a customer that has been with them for 15 years but they raised my bill $30 a month because my promotion is up and they cannot offer me anything else. I asked again to speak with a supervisor. Again I was told 48 hours and one will call me. I called today and was told take it or leave it. I'm done. I want to know if anyone has experience with AT&T and DirecTV?

I received a call this eve about payment even though I made one today at noon. Called back the number I was directed to. Waited 17 mins 48 seconds for the service to say it was too overloaded to take my call and cut me off. Am now on my third try, as second one cut me off at exactly 17 mins 48 seconds. This is no customer service, but customer ABUSE. No wonder millions are cutting cable. I await the day this company is put to their well-deserved DEATH. RIP. Have had service for years. At new location they have had to come out over 12 times in less than 16 months to fix their own problems.

So I have been OK with the internet service provided. Unfortunately the customer service is a different matter. To be brief I had service interruptions about six months ago. I called and they sent a tech out and said it was my own personal modem, which I had from the beginning. OK so I buy a new modem $80, not wanting to pay the monthly rental fee. Cable is still not working. I spent a whole day on the phone arguing with them while they continued to absolve themselves. On five different calls, each time they "fixed" the problem the new person had to be told the whole situation and each one gave me a different answer as to the issue. FINALLY one gentleman said it was a code issue. Then turns out there are two lines coming into the apartment and the second line was creating the issue. So it is BRIGHT HOUSE'S issue and I had to buy a new modem.

Fast forward to today. I receive a new bill from Spectrum and see a new format. I review the bill and note there is a "modem fee." I called customer service who told me it was a code error and they will only give me $35. Wait so you make the mistake and still keep all the "modem fee" charges? Their answer was basically, "you didn't catch it earlier so we can't help you." So you mess and up and keep my money which may equate to $96 and you forced me to buy a modem I didn't need at the time. Total loss $181 to the customer for their mistakes.

So what am I supposed to do? They are the only service provider who monopolize the area. I shut up and take it or turn off the internet. These two instances are causing me to lean on the idea of the later. I feel it is expensive for the service ($480/yr) and I would save myself more money for their incompetence. How do you treat customers this way? Monopoly.

I called the new company Spectrum to see about getting my price lower. After almost 2 hours on the phone they stated they could get me from $183 to $165 which included taxes and fees. They hooked up the service today and it showed much higher price on the work order $240. I called and after speaking with 3 people I was told "sorry but I don't know why he told you that." He had lied about the price and also told me the price was good for 3 yrs and I would be getting that in writing in the mail, after I requested it in writing. My last offer from the company was a $25 a month credit for 3 months. I originally called to just lower my bill. I see a lot of other complaints on here about being lied to also. Not a good start for a new company. I will be taking my business to another company. Both business and personal.

Where do I begin other than to say do not order any service with Bright House/ Spectrum. I have been a customer for 8 years. My service was recently disconnected as I was late with a past due balance of $70.00. No warning of any kind. When I contacted the Customer Service Department to discuss the matter. (After being on hold for 45min) I was sent to the billing department directly. Apparently Customer Service will not speak to you unless the full balance is up to date. I informed the billing agent that I was not upset with him, but that the Customer Service has gone way downhill since Spectrum took over. After 8 years of being a loyal customer I should be able to speak to a Customer Service agent. AVOID this company at all costs since the conversion.

I have decided to give this review because I want people to know just how stupid this company is. I have not been a customer very long, 3 1/2 months. I actually downloaded their app and decided to pay for my bill that way. I have come to realize that I have never received a bill in the mail or through email, so when I was behind this month. I called them and asked why. They told me a technician was suppose to come give me one and they couldn't explain why I didn't receive one or a bill either. Then they told me in order to get any info about my account I had to give them a driver's license that matched the one on the account and an account number.

I have never given Bright House my driver's license so I told them they must have the wrong account. They said no and then they asked for an account number. I asked them how am I suppose to give them one if I am locked out in my account on the internet and I have never received a bill. The person told me they don't know but still could not give me any info without an account number. I then asked "how am I suppose to pay my bill if I don't know how much I owe", the person said again "I don't know" but can't give me any info without an account number. So this is just great, they have my account with someone else's driver's license and I have no account number and they won't let me verify my account any other way, so I can't get my connection back and I can't pay my bill. How stupid could they be.

I usually despise when I see people online complaining about a company that provides them service. This is because I believe in giving both people and companies second chances because let's face it no one is perfect. However, for anyone considering giving Brighthouse Networks (now Spectrum) a chance to provide them service I want to let everyone know the consistent issues I have had with this company. I began using Brighthouse for my internet and cable services in May of this year. Since then, I have had nothing but horrible experiences with this company. I have had numerous tech crews come out to my house within the past seven months. I even had one week where we had SIX different techs come out to our house. So SIX times my husband and I had to rearrange our schedules in one week to accommodate this company.

I have been told that even though the company could see that I and five neighbors were experiencing issues that they would not send out a crew because a total of five people had not called. The customer service representative then went on to say that one customer does not matter enough to have a repair crew come out. I have went two full Saturdays in October with interrupted service. (We are major college football fans!) I have had internet service go down in the middle of my husband's online college exams. As you can see, obviously there are many issues. My breaking straw was when I had renewed my bank card and forgotten to update with Brighthouse with my new banking information. I thought no big deal I will call them, make the payment, pay the late fee and we will be done.

Obviously, I thought wrong. Not only did they take my payment, they sent a letter saying that my services were being cut off for lack of payment after the date I made the late payment. I called thinking okay it was a mistake. I can get them to take care of it. I obviously thought wrong again. After spending a total of 55 minutes on the phone with a supervisor I still had no answer. He argued with myself and my husband repeatedly and refused to directly answer any of our questions. I have never felt more uncomfortable speaking with a customer service agent. I am now currently awaiting a call back from a manager to hopefully gain some insight into what is going on. I hope that I can reach a resolution at that point but I am no longer hopeful and optimistic about this company. Needless to say if you have another option, do NOT go with Brighthouse! Save your time, money, and sanity.

Moved to the area about 3 weeks ago but before doing so I wanted to take care of my cable provider. I asked them for best package that would include all movie channels. The representative assured me that for $198.00 a month, all of the movie channels would be included. Also told me all of my boxes would be Dvr & hd!! Well to my surprise when I finally arrived at my new house & checked my channels none of the channels we spiked about were there. Gave them a call & the gentleman very careless told me it would be another $90.00 to include just HBO. Not only that they send me a bill for the total of 281.00 for 3 weeks of use of their service, they just didn't care!!!

When I went to their office to return my equipment they try telling us that in couple more weeks they will be having offers which include more channels. I politely said NO, paid what was needed to be paid, & walked out!!! Thank God Frontier came & not only did I get all of my movie channels but they were so helpful & very attentive of what I asked & needed. PLUS they gave me a $400.00 gift card!!! Needless to say I'm a very happy customer now & would NOT be recommending Bright House to none of my family & friends... Bunch of thieves. All they want is your MONEY!!!

Where do I even start? I've been a BHN customer for 10+ years. The first 6 and 1/2 were pleasant, not without problems, but they were solved quickly. The last 3 and 1/2 they haven't been able to fix my internet speed. I'm paying for 15 mbps and I normally get below 3 mbps. Sometimes as slow as less than a megabyte. I've had probably 30-40 techs including supervisors out to my house to diagnose the problem as something with BHN and not myself. They've even replaced all our equipment and lines to our house multiple times. Most of the time, if I complained, they would issue a $30 credit to my account.

Last week, I received a door hanger saying that I owed $153 and change and if it wasn't paid in 2 days, I would be disconnected. I already had a technician scheduled to come out in that 2 day window, so I didn't worry about it. He verified the same thing, that BHN had still not fixed my internet. Shortly before the tech arrived, BHN billing called my wife (her name is on the account) and asked for the payment. She explained the situation, that the tech was coming out, and the agent told her that the account wouldn't be disconnected until the 14th because she could see the service request. Well, after the tech left that night, they disconnected us. I called and realized their mistake and reconnected us. I then talked with billing and explained that I would not be paying the $153 because I was still waiting on 3 credits (one for that very night) and one for July and then August (3 X $30= $90).

I also explained that I wouldn't pay the $20 collection fee ($90+$20=$110). Not really sure where the remaining $43 came from, but I would pay it. I even agreed to wait on the $30 credit from that night since the tech had just left. The billing agent told me that he would have to submit a ticket requesting a refund greater than $30 and that ticket would be reviewed by a billing supervisor. He said that I would hear from that supervisor in 48 hours or less. Now I'm sitting with disconnected internet 72 hours out. I've contacted them and they said that I have to call them to talk to someone since I'm disconnected. I wasn't supposed to be disconnected until the 14th. What about my credits? I'm leaving them and I don't care. I hate this dishonesty and not providing what I'm paying for (or used to). Search my twitter account ** to see some of the tweets. I only started this recently and still have gotten nowhere with this idiot of a company.

Make a payment through telephone automated payment and paid one amount and they took out more than I authorized and it connected me to customer service. I talked to several representatives and a supervisor over the course of a week. They assured me I would get my money refunded to my account but that never happened. They gave me the runaround so they wouldn't have to refund my money until the next billing cycle. Never will use automated payment again. I know there are other people they have done this to and it's just wrong.

I have been having trouble with my email account, so I phoned Bright House/Time Warner Cable for assistance with settings. After getting the "correct" settings I tried my email account and received an error message for send settings. Calling back I received different outgoing server settings. This was about three minutes later. When I asked the phone rep why that might be, she had no idea. When I asked to be connected to a supervisor, I was put on hold for over seven minutes, at which time I hung up. Last week I got the same treatment, and a supervisor never did come on the line. Instead, I waited twenty minutes only to be told I'd have to settle for a call back. This is repeatedly the case with Bright House tech support. Their incompetence is only exceeded by their willingness to pass you on to another company, like Apple, Microsoft, etc. Once they've got you, they know it. Absolutely incredibly bad service.

I've been a BH customer for at least 10 yrs & although the service was not always the best I was content. I came home from work to find a tag hanging on my door stating that my services will be disconnected in 2 days if my bill is not paid. Now mind you they have already charged me a late fee of $6 (bill was due on 10/16 and today is 10/28) & they are charging me $20 fee because my account is placed in collections. I was outraged because they bill a month in advance so their justification for being able to charge the extra $20 and place my account in collection is that I am two months behind. How can my account be two months behind when we are still in October and you're billing me for something that has not even happened yet November? At this point I'm looking for another service provider even if I have to pay higher rates because instead of BH nickel & diming me they are just outright stealing! Corporate greed at its finest!

Bright House Networks Company Profile