1.14/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 18, 2017

649 Spectrum Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have only been a customer since April of 2017. In the last 3 months I've made 28 service calls I have had five service technicians out here. I have spoken to 8 supervisors, none of which are nice and I still to date do not have cable. That's ridiculous although they take my money every month. Also none of these no one knows who the CEO is and no one will give you a corporate office number because I think this is the practice of Bright House Spectrum.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I am reviewing for spectrum internet service that I had in my Brooklyn apartment. I had my own 2 in 1 modem+router that a Time Warner (now Spectrum) staff installed at my apartment with the installation fee $50 in December 2015. I moved to California in December 2016. On March 2017, I received a bill of $75 from spectrum that said that I did not return their modem. I called Spectrum customer service regarding this and explained the rep. that I had bought my own and that I never received a Modem from spectrum. The Rep. said he took care of it and that I don’t have to worry about it anymore, so I threw away the bill and felt relieved. On October of 2017, I received another mail from Spectrum saying that my bill was transferred over to collection agency because I did not pay the modem bill or did not return the Modem.

I called Spectrum customer service again and explained the whole situation and also mentioned that I never saw any equipment renting fee in any of my bills while I was in Brooklyn Apartment. She said That I would have to return the Modem or would have to mail them the receipt to prove that the Modem was my own. I explained it has been almost 2 years that I bought the Modem and I don’t have the receipt anymore. She said I must pay the bill in that case. So I finally paid the $75 billed for a modem that I never rented from Spectrum. Everyone, if you buy your own Modem please keep your receipt otherwise you might be billed by Spectrum saying that you did not return Spectrum’s Modem.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have had Time Warner, now Spectrum for a few years since my move to Port Hueneme. Unfortunately, last year I became too ill to work and no longer could afford paying $164.00 a month for TV, Phone and Internet. I spoke to Spectrum several times about how best to reduce my bill, with no assistance. Finally, I went into a Spectrum office, and was told that if I changed my account from Time Warner to Spectrum, my bill could be reduced to $140.00 a month. I have been asking about what I could do to reduce my bill for over a year. Now it appears I have to pay a one time charge of $289.00 because I changed 2 days into the new billing cycle (therefore, I had to pay the old rate in addition to the new rate). I was not told anything about this additional payment.

Also, if you look at their ads on TV they talk about how you can get Phone and Internet for $29.00 each... That would mean that their TV is $80.00 a month, which I know is not the price they brag about on TV... Sorry, I don't recall what price they state. Anyway, they are the most expensive option, and I now may decide to go with DirecTV, which is $50.00 a month... Even with a contract, I will end up saving money. I am so angry that no one at Spectrum told me to switch to Spectrum from Time Warner to save $24.00 a month for over a year (that would have saved me $288.00 in a year). This may not be much, but for someone on disability, it is a great deal.

If I go to DirecTV I will save another $30.00 a month. I would advise everyone to be careful when dealing with Spectrum and their Customer Service representatives. They appear to be dishonest, and unhelpful, unless you go directly to their office carrying a cane and looking ill. Also, being angry and a bit assertive may also help.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I sign with Bright House on 12/16/2015. My promotional price was $54.00 for 12 months, on November 8 2016 I receive a letter that said my "special offer is about to expire; however your services will continue at a new price. Beginning with your December 2016 bill statement, your monthly bill will change from $54.00 to $74.00." Now Spectrum send me another notice and it says "when you signed up for your services, you received a promotional discounted rate on your bill. Your discounted rate for your promotion is expiring and your services are scheduled to be billed at the standard rates. Beginning with your next statement, your monthly bill will be approximately $90.00 plus applicable taxes and fees." I call this morning and Spectrum said it will be $105.00 a month. THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT FROM DECEMBER 16, 2015 TO DECEMBER 16, 2017 MY INCREASE WILL BE $51.00. Could you help with me this issue. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We have received numerous offers from Spectrum Cable company that tells us we are qualified to get better service and value on what we have now. Shows on paper what we have now and what our new services would be all for $89.97 /mo for 12 mos. TV+ Faster Internet (100Mbps) + Voice Service No contracts ever. Nowhere on this offer does it say for New Customers Only to get all 3 for this offer price. I went to their office wasted my drive and time to find since I already had all three that I was not qualified for that offer. If I wanted to upgrade it would cost me $129 a month. I consider this "false advertising." If a store did this they would have to honor the offer. We have received over 10 of these letters addressed to us in less than 2 months. What a waste of wood and postage. Hopefully soon we will get another company out in this area that offers internet service. That is the only reason I am still with this Time Warner now Spectrum.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Spectrum?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Just moved to another unit in the same building. They left my old account open in my payment going to the account that they were supposed to close... bad customer service, slow internet, rip off. I felt that I was forced to get the triple play to get a "DISCOUNT"... **. Just the worst experience. Can't wait to cancel. Waiting for my lease is over. I will move just to never give a penny to this pig CIA.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

As a current customer of Spectrum with only Internet service I received a call from a Spectrum agent that told me I could get an increase in Internet speed to 100mbs for only 1 dollar more than I was currently paying if I combined it with phone service. After several attempts verifying it with the agent that the increase would only be 1 dollar after taxes with no installation charges or anything else. I checked my bill 2 days later and I was being charged 132 dollars, 35 for installation (which was just a tech bringing out a phone cable) and now 89 dollars a month. Talk about dishonest salespeople. To top this off after increasing the speed on the internet I spent most of the day having issues with my internet was speed tests showed me at my highest speed of 32mbs.

So here I am spending almost 2+ hours on the phone with Spectrum in order to get these items removed. This needs to change - we should not have to be held hostage by 1 internet company. So after spending time on the phone with Spectrum I get the charges taken off, but told my bill will now increase 6+ dollars a month over my previous bill because they now have me moved over from Bright House to Spectrum. Basically that is telling me that they are telling their own customers lies in order to get them over to the Spectrum system in order to in the end increase their bill by an average of 6 dollars a month. At first look this doesn't appear to be much, but take that over thousands of Spectrum customers and you make a killing. This is the second worst company I have ever dealt with, Frontier Communications is the worst...

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have had a seasonal contract with Bright House/ Spectrum for several years. Came down last Friday... 6 days ago, and still have no phone service. On the chat line with 4 or 5 people, had a serviceman in for over an hour and a half last Sunday... and still, NO PHONE!!! Absolutely amazing. This company is for the **. Our condo association pays the basic, but if it was up to me, I would be looking elsewhere. Avoid these guys at all costs.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I called to cancel my service after 8 days because I had to leave to Mexico for the earthquake situation. I talked to a rep called Nora. She was really nice and told me my account was going to be at 0. I won't have to pay anything. That way when I come back I could reinstall my service. Well I'm back. I called today 11-9-17 and found out my account is in collections and the guy I was talking to said that they can't do nothing about it and when ask if I could talk to someone else he let me on hold for almost 15 minutes, talked to someone else and said I have to pay my past due balance. This is not what Nora had told me and they can't credit my account because Nora didn't write that in her notes. I feel I should not be in collections because they told me my account will be at 0. I find this really frustrating as they can't keep what was told to me from the beginning.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Spectrum pricing is deceptive. I tried to upgrade my service from internet to internet and TV but was forced to buy the triple play --- internet, tv and phone for $110. The next day I get a brochure in the mail for internet and tv for $39.99 each but when I called to get this service I entered a chain of six people only to find out that $39.99 times two is still the same $110 price. I get so annoyed when I call them that the only thing I want to do is cancel my service. They told me I could cancel the telephone but I would still have to pay the same price. And of course as we all know in 12 months the price will suddenly jump to $139 a month.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Only 2-3 months service and we're getting very poor service, and Spectrum doesn't care what they do to the customer... Totally vicious customer service. Reading all the below complaints... Now tells me and confirms to me that Spectrum is ripping people off millions & millions of dollars. Why isn't the government stepping in to stop this injustice? Instead of an actual person breaking into my home robbing me, I'm PAYING Spectrum to rob me.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

After inadvertently making payments to my old Time Warner account (I discontinued cable which virtually closed out the old account with them, but kept internet which was now through Spectrum), my statements were now coming from Spectrum (same statements, but unbeknownst to me the account number changed). I contacted Spectrum to have the $$ transferred to my Spectrum account. They acknowledged the credit balance and agreed to transfer funds to cover the amount due on my Spectrum account. Four calls to 4 different CS reps, and the problem has STILL not been resolved.

Yesterday received a letter that my internet service would be disconnected if payment was not received within the next 2 days. Called AGAIN, spoke with yet another person who assured me payment would be transferred but "our automated payment system takes at least 48 hours before the $$ is posted." Same story the 4th time. The last and previous calls I was assured this transaction was escalated so that it would be taken care of. I asked if I could get a confirmation when this was posted for my own reassurance and was told there was no way they could notify me when my payment did post.

I don't blame the service representatives for having their hands tied. I do blame Spectrum for having such poor accounting/billing policies that they cannot expeditiously take care of issues without going through what has now been a 2 week teeth-gnashing effort to get my account issue resolved. The customer has no recourse or guarantees their issues will be resolved. When I asked the last CSR how could I know that my payment had finally posted. His response: "If you still have your internet service, you'll know." And this is how a communications company wants to do their customers? I NEVER had an issue with Time Warner in the 13+ years I dealt with them. Spectrum's off to a very, very bad start with me.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Bought Triple Play and decided 2 days into having product that it wasn’t worth the money, tried to exchange for only internet and was told I would incur a 25% increase of what the internet was available for prior to trying Triple Play. I call this BULLYING. Someday a real rain will come and wash…

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

After Hurricane Irma around September 29th we decided to get Spectrum Cable Phone and Internet bundle. Which included one Cable Box only. I was told my monthly price would be $105.00. After 12 days of having the service we received a bill of $441.58. Then on 10/03/17 I was billed $294.47. Then on 10/27/17 I was billed $333.59. All these bills for one month of service. We have already paid $158.00 plus $82.00. I do not understand what is going on. And a lot of people I know are having the same issues. Spectrum is scam!!! I never have problems con Bright House, help please, all my statement are for 37 days!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Consider that as -1 star please. Thank you. Started my services last year, when I moved to Orlando. Had a bundle for internet, no contract or anything. Suddenly this month, bill is $20 higher. I called the customer service, they told me that they are stepping up. Stepping up what? Do I get better, higher speed internet? "No, you get the same old internet with a lot higher prices." Did anyone send me an email or post regarding this change? "No, why should they?" Did anyone tell me at that time that promotion will expire in a year? No, the technician rather informed me that this rate will stay as long as I had the internet at this apartment. (Really!!!) Can you transfer my call to the person who is capable of making any change? "No way, we are not authorized for that." So, Just pay the damn bill, or go to hell! And yes, you have to pay next month bill, this month. Cherry on the top! Well, you don't have much of a choice, so suck it up!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Subscribed for cable/internet/phone 9/2014 with stipulation I can pay bill @ end of month (fixed income). Was told "no problem". First 3-4 mos, kept getting late fees; called & they were waiving as I told them they could pull conversation and see that's what was agreed. I also didn't want my bill to go over $99/mo since my income wasn't increasing. They then said they couldn't keep waiving late fees; fine. I kept getting minor increases often; then serious increases along the way due to expired promotions! I said I didn't want a promotion - charge me a flat rate that won't go up - no such thing.

I asked why it was that their ads advertise very low ($29.95) triple bundles when my bill is now $165/mo for BASIC cable & low MG internet??? "That's for new customers" was told. I contend that their "promotions" are a scam to enable consistent rate hikes! The loyal customers pay the brunt of their "new customer low rates" and it seems to me there should be a law against that! I just canceled my cable TV; with internet & phone only, plus the local channels - no cable, my new rate is $115.95 - ABOMINABLE! I have no choice since I have no car & must have some form of diversion to subsist. Spectrum should be audited by FCC for fraud in my opinion (I should mention there were costly errors in their favor along the way to which they tried to compensate with a gift card that never materialized & couldn't win the debate since no one seemed to acknowledge the verbal commitment from one of their agents!)

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have a serious complaint about Spectrum and my apartment complex The Gables. We were forced to include your internet and cable services for an additional $80 a month included in our rent part of our lease, that I did not want. So management advised the tenants that as of August 11, 2017 our personal service accounts with Spectrum would be termed. And that as soon as the internet and cable were installed our first month was going to be free. I have the emails from The Gables to prove it. I am currently being billed by Spectrum for billing dated 09/28/2017 for usage from 10/02/2017 to 11/01/2017.

I have paid my October's rent included are the $80.00 for Spectrum and I have paid November's rent including the $80.00 from Spectrum. Every time I contact you people you have a tunnel vision and you are not interested in resolving this issue. I chatted with one of your representatives she was not listening to what I was explaining to her. She was following the script that I had to pay my bill for $78.00 in order to avoid my services being interrupted. I will have to contact the Better Business Bureau and if you interrupt my services making me break my lease you can expect a lawsuit.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Spectrum Time Warner Cable is a terrible company. I watch a lot of TV as I am disabled. I like to watch it on my laptop in bed. Right now I cannot watch as there is an issue with online TV. I spoke to customer service. They have no idea when online viewing will resume. This company also has no regard for nonprofit businesses in my area, which is very depressed. So any business is welcome.

However TWC charges $99 for installation for internet only plus a monthly fee of $65 for only internet. Company doesn't give a hoot about anything but money. I am retired, on a fixed income but my bill with them has consistently risen. I really wish I had recourse but I am nobody against a big company. I can't even switch to another company.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I moved today and had called ahead to have my service transferred and was told no problem. Big problem!!! Not only did I have to fight to get the same service, I have to now pay 22.00 more for it! Really? After 11 years with the same company... Now Spectrum buys it and I not only have to pay more for the same service... I had to argue with a superior sounding witch who would not give me her supervisor! Spectrum... I will be looking for different services.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Spectrum cable is horrible. We have had Time Warner for years with sub par service but when Spectrum took over it just got worse. Tv service is even worse than before, now instead of one box for the house and cable service for every tv in the house you now have to have a box which now costs 5.99 per box per month for basic tv channels. As far as streaming services for phone, computers or tablets, don't even bother, they are constantly buffering and loading, it is not possible to watch a complete show without missing half of it due to buffering or loading issues, they say you can watch DVR from devices, this is not true. You can set to record or cancel recordings, that's it. I bought a 30 dollar antenna and receive 56 channels for nothing of open air tv. It's your best bet instead of wasting money on Spectrum. Their service dept could care less about you or any issues you may be having. So in short save your money and buy an open air antenna instead.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

We signed up for a bundled service with Spectrum for TV/Internet/Phone. Our first bill arrived October 4, 2017 covering the 10/3/17 to 11/2/17 service period, for $115.51 which is about what we expected. On October 1, 2017 we returned to Spectrum a DVR box since we had no need for it. When we returned it to the Spectrum Office in Rockland, ME we were told that our monthly fee will be reduced because there will be no rental fee for the DVR box. On October 25 we received a new bill for $181.50 for the period covering 11/3/17 to 12/2/17. When we inquired about the high bill, we were told that returning the DVR box took us out of the Bundled package and put us in another non-bundled package... And they cannot put us back in the bundled package even if we take back the DVR box.

This is wrong for many reasons: 1) We were clearly told at the Spectrum desk that we will get a discount rather than an increase when we returned the DVR. 2) There was no mention of us not being eligible for the bundled package price. 3) Nobody bothered to call us before switching us to a different plan. We are requesting to be put back into the bundled package we were on in October with or without the DVR Box... Your policy is unjust, unfair, misleading and unethical and should be unlawful.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I've been a customer for almost 2 and a 1/2 years. Always paid my statement bills which Spectrum called me a courtesy call. Payments were made on the time allowed. I always paid on my bill the amount of past you never ever did I have a problem paying the full amount, on the 25th of this month paid $137.04. Midnight my service was interrupted. I called about my service payment, Spectrum explained through all my years always paid their past due,

Spectrum now says I have to pay $600.00 to get my service going. Supervisor from last was bringing out 3 month passed, but however I explained to him that I always got a bill and the past you was printed in red. I was never question about the amount past it. Was always being the month precedent highlighted in red which needed to be. Supervisor was very rude telling me that Oct for went back as of August which I explained to him when I do get the bill it's always highlight it red which need to be paid and the amount highlighted in red was the amount I always. Never was I question about my whole entire bill, as long as the highlight red amount which I always paid.

I feel that this is not right. The supervisor was very rude did not even give me a chance. Was making me feel very upset. Didn’t not want to make any type of arrangements. I had payment 137 for the month Oct the past due and ask if arrangement on the 2nd of Nov 2017 pay 200 on top of the payment $137. He telling me to return the equipment, he then told me $600.00 is now due. And I hope years a being with this company. I've always paid the past you on the payment due date highlighted in red never did I have any problems until the 25th.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Like most other reviews, SPECTRUM IS HORRIBLE! Save yourself the frustration & do NOT go with them! The customer service is horrid & all they do is LIE! They'll send you a bill stating one thing, then next thing you know, your internet is cut off early & you call them to see what's going on & they tell you all this BS that they only see on their end! You know damn well they CAN turn it back on, they just don't WANT to! & they'll make it a big struggle, even when you call them out on all their BS! They do not care to keep customers. So don't even bother going with them.

On another note for OTHER people, some I know have started with Brighthouse & then they merged to Spectrum, prices have gone up for them! Yet all "new" customers get the cheaper prices? That's WRONG! Old customers should have the new cheaper prices. Also, on the radio, it ADVERTISES for 100mbps down/ 10 Mbps UP, for $44.99 a month, yet when you call in to get that offer, it's apparently ONLY ON THE WEST COAST OF FL. for that! Even though it advertises it HERE!

They don't even know where their own company is advertising! Then all it is a let down from there! I stress, save YOURSELF from stress & do NOT go with Spectrum. These companies were MUCH BETTER BEFORE MERGING! Spectrum has nothing but liars, & they don't care about keeping customers or getting good reviews. They'll have to eventually make things better if they want to keep running.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I have only internet now with Spectrum, and on Saturday I spent an hour and a half on the phone with them trying to determine why we had no internet. After an hour and a half they determined they needed to send a technician out to our home. The appointment was set for Monday between 6-8pm. I was informed by the technician scheduling my appointment that the technician coming to our house would do a call ahead before heading to our appointment. We confirmed the phone number on file, which is the one that is used to reference my account. We patiently waited at our home, then at about 7:30 pm I contacted Spectrum to check on the status of our technician, as I have two little ones who need to get ready for bed. I was informed that our appointment had been Cancelled due to a failed attempt. I asked which failed attempt?!!! Nobody has been here, no call has been made!

He apologized to me and stated I needed to call in before the 8:00 pm cut off, I explained to him it WAS 7:28 pm. He then scrambled to get a supervisor and stated on would be calling me from the dispatching department. The technician from the dispatching department informed me they would not be coming this evening and would reschedule me for another time. I told him no call was made and nobody has been to our home, all he could say was "I do apologize." My family set our time aside to wait for them for 2 hours. I have never seen such terrible customer service!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Forced to move from Bright House to Spectrum - Now I pay more for less. 200 MB vs 100 MB and they refuse to support my two access points. INTERNET DROPS TWICE A DAY. Awful phone service and idiots will service your house in person. NO OTHER PROVIDER OR WAY TO UPGRADE!!!! THANKS TRUMP!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Had Time Warner - they switched to what they call it now as "Spectrum." My bill for exactly the same TV package - without even a notice or upgrade or changing any equipment modems etc. went up suddenly $58.00 per month more - said I was on some kind of "promotional" feature that they had come up with. I hope they keep their promise of NO DISCONNECTION FEE - 'cause that is exactly where this scam is going! You wouldn't think the FCC would let them get away with this. The "FAKE COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION."

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The WiFi constantly goes out and even when I had the home phone it would go out for DAYS. The service is terrible. Then last week I had a salesperson come here more than once trying to convince me that I do not have Spectrum and to sign up for a package. Even after I showed him my bill he told me that wasn't possible as I wasn't showing in the system. I don't know who he thought he was fooling, I've had Time Warner for years. That was extremely unethical and makes me question their business practices.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I am a property manager of an apartment complex that provides Bulk Internet Service to our tenants. Originally through Time Warner, until Spectrum took over. This has been a horrible experience. We have no retention department, changing our contract, charges that were not agreed to, disrespectful "representatives". It has been a nightmare. DO NOT CHOOSE THIS. If you can, utilize another company. Do not give this company any of your hard earned money.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Not happy with their internet services at all. They bought out my previous company, Time Warner, and greatly increased the internet speed as to force people to pay more. I was able to negotiate a lower price and keep a slower internet speed, but within the last several months, I can't even watch regular tv on my laptop without the show constantly stopping, freezing, and/or not playing at all. I am extremely frustrated because there are very few options for services in East Dallas and cost are extreme.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Since Hurricane Irma September 10, an outside metal cabinet which holds the Spectrum TV cable wires for the building I live in located in an apartment complex has been broken. The door has been forced open and will not now close. All of the cable wires for Spectrum customers in this building are hanging out of the box. When the wind kicks up beyond a breeze, TV reception cuts on and off.

I reported this issue over a week ago and someone came out. I was appalled when he asked me if the wires were supposed to hang out that way! He just photographed the box. Could not tell me a time I could expect issue to be fixed. I got no further response and no indication of Spectrum intending to fix this issue. It seems it would be a simple matter to fix a broken hinge on a cabinet door. Spectrum continues raising the cable TV rates at every turn, the latest raise is to cover "road construction required by local government" but when it comes to getting a response to an issue they are indifferent. Due to the location of my apartment, satellite service is not an option. If Spectrum will get this issue fixed I will be glad to update my rating to a higher number. The ball is in their court.

Spectrum Company Information