Bright House Networks

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bright House went to Spectrum, and Spectrum for my TV with Showtime, one DVR and one HD box and within two years they've gone from charging me $140 a month to $195.31 a month. I called to complain and spoke with Miss **, a supervisor, because everybody I spoke to lied to me. After complaining profusely, I was told I would be charged $185.01 per month, and when I received the very next bill it was $195. TV, telephone, Internet and Showtime. My friends and I are all changing to Frontier (FL) PS. Their CEO signed a $75 million contract to go with them. Nice, huh?!?

I have been with Bright House for many years now. Ever since Spectrum took over the customer service has seriously declined and the service (primarily internet) is basically non existent. I have to reset my cable modem and router every day, sometimes multiple times a day. They always state their signal is fine, etc but my I can access the internet much faster using a hotspot on my phone even when my 4G is all used up.

I also have had billing issues. The most recent stating that my last ACH payment came back NSF. This is impossible for two reasons. One, I have had plenty of money in my account to cover whatever comes through. Two, both of my banks have confirmed to me that no ACH payment was ever presented to them by Spectrum. They charged me the NSF fee and will not remove it from my account. They told me it is impossible to do. As a person who has worked for service provider companies and have dealt with these issues, I know that is a lie.

Also, they cut off my internet (I thought it was just the usual issues or thunderstorms causing me problems) and I am a student trying to complete my final projects. I had already used up all of my 4G because I wasn't aware they cut off my internet until I got the notice I'd used all of my 4G and so without my internet I had to buy more 4G and hotspot to work on my school work.

To make matters worse, when I had noticed that the payment had not come out of my account on the 18th of June, I made another payment while waiting for that to resolve. This did not prevent them from turning off my internet even thought the other payment had been returned (according to them). They still refuse to provide any satisfaction to this situation. I finally told the third customer service person that I spoke to that they can just close out my account. I paid the final balance and their stupid NSF and late fees. I can't deal with their terrible customer service and terrible internet service anymore.

Poor quality service. I have been experiencing problems with Bright House since I moved to Florida in 2014. Now that Spectrum has taken over it's even worse. They continue to have service outage and my bill keeps going up. Why can't this town in Florida offer more competitive service like Cable Vision or DirecTV? Where I live I have no alternative but to go with Bright House. It is a scam. In the politicians to do nothing to protect the consumer... There was Bright House Spectrum service outage in Davenport, FL today. I have no landline phone, no Internet and no cable TV. This is the second time I called them and told them I want two days' credit. I'm not paying for service that I don't have! If it's happening to you call and get your credit on your account. This is ridiculous.

I have been a customer of Bright House for a few year. On Jun 27, 17 I talked to a bright house employee in the morning (still have record log in my cell phone). She said that Bright House change to Spectrum and she will send out someone to pick my old modem and send a new faster modem between 12-2 pm. The new modem will run faster speed 60 mbps compare to old 25 mbps. And she said our monthly price will be $44.95. A lady showed up to pick up the old modem around 12:30 pm and I asked her "Are you dropping of the faster modem". She said "That person will come behind her". So I keep waiting and nobody to show up to drop off the new faster modem. I called Bright House and asked them and spoke to Victor (supervisor) from North Carolina plant. They said they have no record of the dropping off the new modem but he saw I called in the morning.

Finally, They disconnected my service and want to charge me around $65 monthly and also want to charged me a reconnection fee $35. I told Victor "This is your employee fault and now your company increase my monthly to $65 and charge me a reconnection fee $34? Is this fair???" The lady picked up the old modem lied to me and the lady representative lied and did not do as she said.

Back in 2014 we were currently customers of Bright House we had moved and had to open up a new account. Upon doing that our payments were being put on it account that was supposed to have been closed. They sent me a bill say to stating I owed $465. Upon calling them to settle the issue I was told they put it on the wrong account and there was nothing they could do about it or was going to do about it. I have disputed it several times and still they have not fixed their mistake. Just recently about three years ago my husband decided to give them another chance when we moved to our new home. They continued raising prices changing everything so we cancelled service. they came and picked up the equipment and now they are trying to bill us once again for equipment saying that it wasn't returned.

We called them with our confirmation that they picked it up and still more bull crap stories. I would not recommend this cable company to anybody. The only thing I have on my credit is Bright House as being negative and yet has been able to get this issue resolved considering that I've already paid the bill. I don't feel that I should have to pay it again but yet it's still being held against me and hurting my credit score. So when looking into cable companies I highly suggest stay as far away from Bright House and Spectrum as you can.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bright House Networks?

DVR cable box stuck for 3 days on l-3 with no service. Replaced box 2 times still the same issue. Call services support, reboot device many times, still the same issue. Tech came, check signal and all good but still the same issue. Now waiting for the second tech arrived to my house...paying for something that I can't used.

Prices have skyrocketed. I called about the new pricing and was told that I would lose 40 channels and my price would go up $11 if I went to the same package it was over $20 per month more... I was transferred to retention who offered me a package where I would lose 40 channels but my price would actually go down $8. I agreed. They were able to change to the new package as I was on the phone. I took notes and reviewed to make sure I understood. I then left town for 3 days. Upon my return I find out that I did not lose 40 channels. I lost over 100 channels. I was told that I would have 165+ channels.

My channels also now turn very slowly. I called to make sure that a mistake was not made. I was told then that I was only given the 125 channel package and there was nothing they could do. WHAT? NO ONE EVER SAID ANYTHING about a 125 channel package. I would not have lost over 100 channels for $8. That is just stupid! I was actually talking to a very nice guy in sales named Larry who sort of made it better. My price went up $15 but I gained back some of the channels. So now I have 175 channels compared to my 225 plus channels and I am paying a lot more money. DO NOT change your package if you are on an old Bright House package. I am very unhappy as there are no other options. Have no TV or get ripped off. I thought there were laws against this!

We've been w/ Bright House-- now Spectrum for 7 years-- started with exact same package under $100 per month for cable, house phone & internet. Understanding inflation, completely acceptable to expect rate increases over the years. HOWEVER, approx TWICE a year, all the sudden your monthly bill changes, with no warning, nothing. In the past, when we've called to inquire, the company was usually pretty good about putting you on whatever their most recent promotion is, helping to keep the bill reasonable. Now, here we are & in less than 2 months, my bill has gone up TWICE-- a little over $3 last month to approx $151. per month, and now this month to over $167 per month.

Upon calling both times, we are told, "Sorry, that's the best you can have"-- REGARDLESS of being a perfect pay customer of 7 YEARS and REGARDLESS of new customers receiving bundled services, for the SAME 3 services we have @$29.95 each = less than $100 per month!!! Buyer Beware --- YOU WILL GET SUCKED IN AT A GREAT/FAIR PRICE-- BUT DON'T SET UP AUTO PAY OR SET YOUR BUDGET FOR SAME PAYMENT EVERY MONTH. Further-- there is zero loyalty from this company to their long term customers. Shopping out services from other companies NOW...

We have been a loyal customer of Bright House Network for 16 years and have never had a problem with them. Of course, prices go up and discounts expire; however, all you had to do was call Bright House customer service and they would work with you and offer new promotions/discounts and life goes on. NOW we have to deal with SPECTRUM and the only thing that they can offer is less for a lot more money. Why is this, because we do not qualify for any of their promotions because we are/were Bright House customers. I spent almost an hour on the phone with SPECTRUM customer service and no matter how they worked it out, I pay more for less.

My condo association changed our cable contract to Bright House / Spectrum. On January 1, 2017, my service was changed over. Every bill that I have received from them each month has not been correct. I was billed for a Spanish channel for 2 months. Called to get credit. $20.00 credit was never applied. Showed my account past due because the credit was not applied and showed a balance of $20.00. Was charged $8.95 late fee. Called to get late fee credited and to be sure the $20.00 credit was being applied.

Next bill... totally screwed up. I called again. Was told adjustments were made and told me what I should pay on the next month's bill. I paid what I was told. Next month... I was billed late charges again, because adjustments/credits still not applied. I paid current month's bill on 3/29/17 (not due until 4/16/17). Said they did not receive the payment. (My bank verified it was sent. I had to fax the proof to Bright House Cash Management so they could trace a "missing payment.") I kept receiving automated calls that I was past due. When I finally got to actually "talk" a person in Cash Management regarding all the errors on my account, she mentioned, "Your service has been turned back on." I said, "Why was it even turned off???" Then I go to my account online, and I was charged $4.99 to reconnect for nonpayment???

The errors on MY account are made by Bright House / Spectrum. I have done EVERYTHING I can do to keep my account paid. What happened to customer service??? They should make sure MY account is correct, and then figure out what is WRONG in their system. It should be an internal issue, and the customer (me) should not have to continuously receive INCORRECT STATEMENTS. I just want to receive a bill for exactly what I owe every month. It should always be the same... I don't add anything or order anything. I just want to be billed for what my account was supposed to be set up for on January 1, 2017. It is now April 19 and I have yet to get a correct statement.

Was called and sold on a $10/month upgrade to add basic cable and telephone line. Was told there would be no installation fee and I would have two boxes. Had one box installed and received a bill that was $50 higher than usual, not the $10 increase I expected. Called and they said there was an installation fee and that another box would be $5/month. I was either lied to or they are incompetent. If the other choices for internet were not so poor, I would drop Spectrum in a heartbeat.

I have contacted the Tech Support several times, I've had techs come to the house twice but the problem continues. I have been told by Spectrum and the HOA that many of my neighbors have also complained about the internet connectivity, and that techs will be sent to fix the problem. Last time I called the internet support tech said the outages in the community has been resolved that same day, and that they could offer for another tech to come and change the equipment.

Shortly after the tech left today the internet dropped again. The tech over the phone instructed me to unplug the power and wait, the same thing I have been told to do each time I call. I explained to him this is a reoccurring issue and that removing power will only temporarily fix the issue, he replied with nothing can be done by him.

I am disappointed in the quality of service I have received in attempt to fix this issue, I've had techs immediately respond and try and fix the issue and others who want to get off the phone, either way the issue isn't resolved. I just want consistent internet service. I am paying over $140 for their fastest internet speed, even when the internet is up it is incredibly slow as shown on many speed test done by me and over the phone with a internet tech.

My father was in the hospital, hospice, and we have to deal with funeral home (Feb-March). So we call, they had a $370+ bill, then they said was now over $700. My son took the March 17 bill and death certificate (March 4th) to their office with the equipment. Bright House Networks know he did not use Feb and March but would not waive it one dime. They bill until you cancel they said (but they did disconnect his service in March; liars too). Well I don't think my Dad could cancel then or now. He's passed. My father died and they still billed him for non usage. These people are crooks IMHO. No respect for my family during this very sad time. All about the money. We paid so probate does not get hung up. People try anyone else, trust me.

My bill continues to increase. They are advertising $29.99 bundles. I currently have basic Cable with Phone and Internet. My bill is over 200 per month. I called about the bundles they are advertising and was told the promotion is not for existing customers. Only new customers qualify. I don't understand. I've been a customer for 13+ years but yet I don't qualify for a bundle or promotion? I asked if there was anything that could be done for their loyal customers and was told there is nothing. When I advised that I would have to shop elsewhere to lower my bill I was told by the Rep "I do understand". I guess they only want new customers and screw all the long time loyal customers. Time for a change.

Coming from the North (Now I am in the South) I was looking forward to getting Xfinity from Comcast. Unfortunately Comcast does not service my area instead I am tortured by Bright House Spectrum which has the worst cable service ever. I barely watch TV as is and when I go on On Demand to catch up on my shows I get an error message or the box will freeze. I have only had this service for 3 weeks. I never thought I'd say this but I miss having Comcast. Bright House is the only option for my cable so I am stuck with it but I am not happy at all. I am also not looking forward to my $150 month bill either for such crappy service.

I recently received a notice that my bill would be increasing by $15 a month and since I feel I already pay too much, I called and asked to speak to someone about lowering my bill. The rude person at Spectrum told me she couldn't help me and if I wanted to "drop a line" (whatever that means) she would transfer me. When I explained, again that I wanted to speak to someone about a different package or other options, I was told they don't do that. Just to clarify, I asked if there was anyone in the company that I could speak to about lowering my bill and was told no - WTH! She was very rude and unwilling to assist me in any way. I will be calling another company on Monday and bye, bye Spectrum!

When Spectrum took over Bright House, I met with the Spectrum rep at the Key Vista clubhouse. He gave me a written quote to switch over my "triple-play" bundle ($29, $29, $29, under $110 with tax and fees). My first bill was $270. I complained to the local office in Tarpon Springs FL and they told me that I would have to bring the written quote to their office (could not send by fax or email). When I brought them the quote, they said they were aware of the problem and that I would get a credit for the overcharge and would be billed at the quoted rate which did not happen. I then contacted Spectrum and they said that I did not qualify for the quoted rate because I was not a "new customer" by their definition. After more complaint calls the charge was adjusted to 170.

Later, when I called to cancel the service they reduced the charge to $142/mo. I still believe that Spectrum should honor the 12-mo quote that their rep gave me when I signed up. I also feel that it would be appropriate for Spectrum to compensate me for the time I spent trying to get them to honor our agreement. Over 12 hours on phone/hold and travel to/from the Spectrum office. In my opinion two months' free service would be fair.

I moved to my apartment complex back in 2013 which they had a account with Bright House for cable. I put cable and everything was fine. I had financial problems months later and my cable was disconnected but I paid it to have connected again and continue to make payments. Without my knowledge they closed my account and gave me a new one which I was paying the bill. I periodically check my credit when I see they have put it on my credit report the old account and was charging me over $400. At this time I was getting continuously cable.

On March 10, 2017 made a payment of $171.74 which they applied it to the old account that they said it was a write-off. I've called numerous times which they haven't help me at all only to say to me today March 17, 2017 "you need to pay the remainder of $245." And we can't transfer the payment you made from the old account to the new one. They are terrible, they are thieves, everyone gives me different answers completely worthless. I don't have my old account number. I wish I could sue!

I ordered Spectrum service in hope that I could live stream movies and sporting events the same as on my cell phone (I have 4g LTE from a major cell carrier and am able to live stream movies and videos on my laptop with no changes to the settings on my laptop with no clipping stopping and or resetting service from my cell phone to my laptop).

When I plugged in my cable from spectrum to my laptop to stream movies and sports I would see clipping and delays in the video and eventually would freeze on laptop screen. My speed from my cell carrier to laptop is 8 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up. Spectrum was running at 100 Mbps up and 10 Mbps down. Never could get service to work from spectrum. Canceled service.

I had Bright House last year for two months, they told me December my rate will go out twice the amount because I was being grandfathers in to Spectrum. December 17, 2016 I had the service disconnected and took all the equipment to a Bright House store. Today is March 15, 2017. I was called this morning and told my service is now disconnected and I have a balance of $900, wtf. I been on the phone all morning and told I need to go to the store. I took the equipment and find whoever to prove they did their job correctly because it shows I have the equipment. Bright House is a rip off. They only take all your money, the speed is slow and they will not log your equipment when the time comes you don't want the service.

I have been a loyal customer with Bright House Networks and have never complained. In December of this year, my credit card number got stolen but my credit card company assured me it would automatically update all my auto payment accounts with the correct number. Unfortunately, that didn't work for Spectrum and I didn't realize it until January. I was only late for my payment by a few days and put in my new CC number and continued on with auto-correct. I thought that everything was updated for my account until last weekend. I occasionally work from home on the weekends and realized my internet and cable were both not working on a Saturday. Thinking it was a technical issue, I called and was told that my account was CANCELLED because of a late payment in February (by again 4 days). Apparently, I had to call to update my new CC number in the system and not just put it in online.

I received 0 notifications of a late payment and when I logged in to my account, it even incorrectly said that I had 0 balance. I told the rep that I was working from home and could just make a payment over the phone but they refused and had me drive to customer service location and pay in cash to reactivate my account. After I drove almost two hours to make the payment and come home, nothing was working. I called again and was told I didn't pay "enough" which was absolutely ridiculous since I paid the full balance in person. I had to talk to several more people and finally a manager to get it sorted it. I am an oncologist taking emergent patient phone calls over the weekend from my patients. Urgently needed the internet so I had to have my colleague cover me for most of the day.

My biggest complaint is the lack of communication from this company. How can you cancel a customer's service without any notification?? Many of us depend on the internet to work and pay high premiums to get it. One of the reps even admitted that many customers have had similar issues recently. I'm looking for other providers in the area and cannot wait to cancel my service.

This service is beyond frustrating. On Demand works for 3 minutes then flips back to main menu! Change channels and get "Please wait" message. Then another message "Channel is unavailable. Please try again later". Wait another minute or two and the channel comes through. What a piece of junk. And there is no such thing as escalation! Just go on hold and listen to instructions on how to reboot the modem. If I wanted to troubleshoot your problem and fix it myself I would not have called for assistance.

Bright House Cable has been overcharging me since the year of 2013/14 to present. I moved in my new place in the month of July 31, 2013 with a zero balance of my bill. I was told my bill will be $95 plus tax. They came out on Aug. 1, 2013 to install my cable in my new place. I got a bill saying I owed $145.00 for September which I paid. (Although I called to dispute) I paid $100.00 in October. When I opened my bill in November, the bill was $637.00. Thinking and knowing this has to be a mistake, I called them. These people told me that my bill was correct. I told them that this is a major mistake, and I have never in my life (since I've had cable) seen numbers like this! They insisted that they were right! I told them, "Look I've only been living here for 3 months, and there is no way that my cable bill could possibly show these ridiculous numbers."

I have been going back and forth with these people for 4 years and I'm still seeing these ridiculous numbers on my bill. Where I live I have HOA whereas cable is included, and I do not have ANY movie channels (never have because I don't look at movie channels). I'm still trying to dispute these ridiculous numbers on my bill, but of course they transfer you all across the country as I repeatedly tell my story over and over again! I know for a fact that they are robbing me with no doubt! Instead of taking responsibility for their wrongdoing, they even tried to tell me that I had not paid my bill.

I went to my bank, and faxed my documents to them showing where all my money had came out. They told me that they see where I had paid, and will refund me my money 5-7 days. No money refunded, and my cable bill is still way over the limit!!! I have called Channel 8 on your side because someone need to stop these people from robbing people of their hard earned money!!! Can someone please help me!!! They are liars, and are stealing!

I received an offer from Spectrum for internet service at $39.99 for 12 months. After ordering the service I was billed at $44.99 and not the advertised price. After contacting Spectrum I was told there had been a price increase. I questioned that I had sign up for the service at an advertised price at $39.99 FOR 12 MONTHS. The representative said there was nothing she would do and they would not honor the price that they had advertised. I will be leaving them again asap.

I returned to Spectrum in December 2016 after being with another tv provider company for 2 years. They offered me a promotional package for $142.00 (no tax). My bills have been $500 and I have made approximately 13 calls and it's still not fixed. Thus far, I have paid 492.13 in which I should only have paid 300 and I'm ahead of the billing cycle. I have asked for the Corporate phone number and they send me to everyone under the sun. My bill is currently at $400 and I am livid. I can't get anybody to assist me!!!

About 3 days ago I started having issues with my internet service. I pay for 100 download/10 upload service and now my internet is randomly running at 9-108 download /0.3-2.6 upload, yes that is correct. 9 download and point 3 (not 3.0) upload. My service also randomly drops me and my download and upload sit at 0 for a few seconds.

I called tech support and they sent someone from maintenance to fix my connection issues. When the Tech arrived, he informed me that there was nothing he could do to fix my service. He also informed me that Spectrum was "cleaning" up the mess that Brighthouse had in this area and that my connection could be this way for months with no estimated time of repair and no compensation for the horrible service I will be provided with. So what I am being told is that I have to pay full price for crappy connection for an unestimated time frame? Are you serious?

I was not having ANY connection issues 3 days ago and haven't for about a year. I greatly appreciate the honesty from the tech but I cannot believe that business practice of Spectrum/Brighthouse/Charter. I think it's time for me to start looking for another provider. Just to make my point, I am added some images taken of my connection speed using brighthouse speed test at http://speedtest.bhn.net/ which was suggested by Spectrum/Brighthouse/Charter phone tech support. I am unable to show you when the speed tests froze from losing connection but this in itself are good representations of my connection.

I have been a Bright House customer for many years. It was recently bought by Spectrum. The price of my services increased and the quality decreased. I called to ask if I could get my price lowered so I could stay with them and they said "NO". I tried finding another service and realized my area is monopolized by them and AT&T. I will never use AT&T again and now know that Spectrum knows that they too, have me right where they want me. Two bills, two increase already. Who can I contact about being gouged?

I pay my bills online through my brokerage cash management account. My payment to Bright House does not get posted as paid by Brighthouse. The payment showed up as outstanding meaning that Brighthouse never accepted the electronic payment. The supervisor for Brighthouse says that they have trouble accepting electronic 3rd party payments. I cannot believe that a company of this size in this business can be so out of touch and inept in this day and age. They say I have to send them a payment direct because they can't handle electronic payments! However, I shouldn't be surprised; all of their services are of very poor quality. I can't wait to get back to my DirecTV!

Telesales call from Brighthouse wanting me to upgrade my modem. I had declined before. My system worked fine. Brighthouse offered 60 mbps which is more than I need. I declined again. The rep says no charge for install and no increase in modem rent. Finally, I relented and said come on out. They did and my sister was visiting from out of state. I was not there. When I returned I found that my wifi was disabled and the new modem had its own. I worked for hours trying to get my wifi back up. It never fully has recovered and my printer remains offline and not working. The phones calls drop every day and almost every call. I have since bought new phones and a new wifi. But my tech savvy friends tell me it's best to get a new computer with newer operating system as well as mine is 4 years old.

To continue I finally called tech and they turned me to sales and after dodging my original complaint they offered to subscribe me to their wifi. For only $6 bucks a month. You can buy a great wifi for less than $80 why would I want to "rent" wifi at $6 a month? $72 cost the first year, $144 the next and so on. I called and asked for my old modem back. They responded with "can't do it". I asked for tech to come out and they responded with "they don't work on privately owned equipment". SCAM. SCAM.SCAM. Just an extra bit of profit margin they can squeeze. After a bit of asking around I found the exact story with not only residential clients but business accounts as well. FYI, the BHN/speed test reveals it's not that fast after all.

DON'T LET THEM CHANGE MODEMS ON YOU. As far as tv, I've canceled the premiums long ago. Not worth the extra fee to watch movies from the 80's and 90's. Now I have HULU, Netflix and soon to come Sling. I have double channels, same channels just different number, so I have lost some. I can't wait to fully cut this cord and never come back. Through Christmas I traveled to Illinois. They have Spectrum fully installed. It's a nightmare to try and navigate. Why we let these huge corporations merge I have no idea. The promise is always better quality and service with a lower price. That's never true. In this case it's worse quality, price and service.

What's the point of high HOA fee to include cable when it doesn't? I had Bright House/Spectrum internet in my old apt.. Had downgraded to just internet because cable prices were ridiculous. I just moved to a new location that has an HOA that gives all residents free cable, internet and phone. The tech I spoke to that was installing someone else's service said I get 1 HD box, 2 converters, internet and phone for free. If I want wireless internet, it would cost less than $10 a month.

When I called, not only was I transferred twice and had to wait over an hr. for them to get my acct. set up correctly, but they said I only get one box. They said I can get the other 2 converters if I was grandfathered into the plan. They said Spectrum only has regular boxes. My advice is to go with anyone else. If you have to pay for cable, get internet with anyone else and just stream. At least until Spectrum gets better service. Right now the employees are at that crossroad where left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. God knows what is happening internally, but it's definitely affecting their customer service.

Bright House Networks Company Profile