3.10/5
Based on 1,385 ratings submitted in the last year

3479 AT&T Uverse Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 14, 2019

For goodness sakes!!! ATT is my online provider, and yet their own site for paying bills is the absolute worst!!!! Every single month when I pay my bills, ATT is the only site that has continuous issues!!! "Please give us a moment. We're almost there!".... Goes on for absolute hours every time!!!! Seriously! Do they expect their customers to take a whole day off work just to try to pay their bill???

ATT is very quick to inform you if your bill is past due! That part of their program they have managed to master. How about the part that affects their customers??? If my bill is paid late, it is because your site was faulty. Again!!!! Get it right! How do you expect anyone to have any confidence in your company if you can't even manage your own bill pay site in the year 2019?!?! I would love to be reimbursed for all the useless hours I have spent trying to simply get through to pay my bill! Do I want to enroll in auto pay? With you??? You expect me to trust a company that can't manage their own site with auto payments from my bank? Are you crazy???

Original review: June 12, 2019

May 2018. I returned three sets of U-verse TV equipment following AT&T's instruction by email using UPS store. I received the paperwork from the UPS Store and AT&T said they received the equipment June of 2018. AT&T charged my account $30 + taxes for the equipment I had already returned each month and I have spent hours and hours and hours trying to get this resolved on having the equipment removed from the account and my money returned. I even went to a AT&T Store and the manager was not able to resolve the issue with the Home Office. I finally was able to have some of the money returned but only as a credit to the account. They still continued to charge my account the monthly equipment fee of $30 + taxes. I closed the account in April of 2019 because they wouldn't resolve the equipment issue and now they say they will return my credit money in six weeks.

In my opinion, AT&T has terrible customer service for the following reasons. Hard to reach a live person and if you reach someone, it is often difficult to understand their English and they have no power to resolve the issue at hand. They tell you that a supervisor will return your call. Once did that happen and I was busy and missed the call and they did not leave a direct call back number. Once a Customer Rep says that the problem is resolved, it is not and the charges for the equipment continued and then the issue of the equipment not being returned started up.

I had my receipt from UPS Store and that still did not matter. What if I did not have the receipt from UPS Store? The UPS Store has been told by AT&T to discard all records of the transaction and therefore I cannot go back to UPS STore and request a confirmation of the transaction. No Receipt, too bad, AT&T will charge you for the equipment and the monthly fees even though they have the equipment. This is a Corporate scam and should be reviewed. I am still waiting for my credit money to be returned and they have not credited the entire amount.

Original review: June 11, 2019

They claim they give you top speed internet service. Their service is very very slow and always kicking out. Their technician came to install the internet service and instead of using their own connection they dragged out or disconnected my TV service to desperately install their lousy internet service and left me with no TV service. I called and they were rude enough to tell me to call Comcast to fix the problem. Everyone knows that Comcast will definitely charge to do another install. This is a very rude, lazy, nasty and disrespectful action.

Original review: June 8, 2019

No matter what channels I try to watch the screen is constantly freezing up. Contacting a live person at AT&T is impossible. You just keep getting routed from one screen to another, answer dozens of questions that don't apply to your situation and never get to a live person or resolve the problem. I quit trying. My contract expires next month and I will definitely not renew it.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have been a long-time AT&T customer and have always been very happy with their services. Recently we moved and have had nothing but trouble. My biggest problem came yesterday when we had our new AT&T services installed. We were promised 100 mb of internet speed. However when the installer came he advised 25 mb would be the max they could get us. I called AT&T and asked for a discount as they did not deliver what they promised and what I ordered and was simply told no... There was nothing they could do because there were no additional promotions available. I feel as if this was a "bait and switch" tactic on their part and once they installed the service - no need to assist me as a customer. I will be looking into a local cable/internet service ASAP.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T?

Original review: June 6, 2019

I scheduled to have my service at my current location disconnected and my service at my new location connected on the same day. I saved the entire conversation between myself and the customer service rep. Well, the next day comes and my service was shut off, but no one ever showed to have service turned on. I contact the customer service reps in which they inform me that there has been no changes made to my account regarding a tech to come and set up on service. I contact management about the issue and was flat out lied to saying that my appointment was delayed until Saturday, but that was actually when I made the original appointment (I moved the appointment to an earlier date).

After I call him out on lying and his refusal of service, he continued to state that there was nothing he could do. I obtain his personal information to report him for lying to a paying customer and the simple fact that he made no attempts to help AT&T's mess up. His manager calls me and I go through the entire issue and he proceeds to tell me that he will send an on-call tech over within an hour to have the situation resolved and he would call me back within 30 mins. It has been about 12 hours now and no call. I call AT&T that night and the lady took my information for a manger to call me in order to file a complaint and still nothing. I contact them again today (now the 3rd time) and they tell me someone will call within 30 mins... It has been almost 2 hours!

I am so disgusted with every single person involved and their representation of this company! I will report their absence and irresponsibility to every social media site, and make sure that my word of mouth will be in line with how they tend to their customers! I am beside myself that a company as large as this can be so disrespectful and aloof to a problem they caused! I have had no help in resolving this situation and AT&T has permanently lost me as a customer! Please take my advice and stay away from their service! They do not have about the customer's needs and are only focused on obtaining your money! This is completely unethical and this company, nor the employees, have any integrity!

Original review: June 5, 2019

AT&T is the worst company ever. They absolutely care zero about their hostages/customers. Customer service is from the deepest of hells. Expensive intermittent service. No wifi to speak of. I hope and pray that the company folds. They deserve it. Rotten.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I have been using this AT&T internet for over 2 yrs. Called to cancel service and because I am having problems remembering thing they wouldn't turn the service. Now I explained that I couldn't remember password they assured me it would be taken care of. Now I am still getting bills and have called several times and I have did chat services. Nothing has been done. Now it's going on 3 months. What is it all about money or service. I even got letter telling me service has been terminated but I am still getting monthly bill like service is still on. I am gonna let everybody know dont use this company for anything. Can you imagine if I was decease my family couldn't get services turn off.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I have been a customer of AT&T Uverse for around 6 years. I have had nothing but issues every single year with my rates being hiked following promotions. With serious intent to cancel they usually offer more promotions, but they almost NEVER go into effect as promised. I have spoken to several representatives who promise a new rate, only for it to not ever go into effect, and to be told that they have no record of the discussed rates. We were told twice that our package rate was lowered to x amount, only for it to never happen and there somehow be no record of it. We cancelled the cable portion of the package and kept the internet at an agreed upon rate, only for that promised rate to be nowhere in existence and the standard rate with no promotions applied.

To even get anywhere you have to spend at least an hour on the phone with a customer service representative, often to just be passed off to another representative and have to explain everything over again. I just spent 2 hours trying to get my bill corrected and adjusted to the proper rate, but did not get anywhere. After cancelling cable a week ago I am now going to have to cancel my internet because it does not matter who you talk to or what they promise, they will not follow through with any of it.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I recently switched from Cox to AT&T at the end of March and regretfully hate the decision. Since I’ve had AT&T I pretty much can’t watch TV. Every channel including shows I record lag. The TV show will freeze but the TV continues to communicate. I have to reboot my system everyday (multiple times). I’ve called AT&T twice already to see if something can be done to help. I’ve had a technician come out and replace boxes that seems to have only made the matter worse. Unfortunately I am in a year contract with them, and that can’t come soon enough. Paying a monthly bill, that is completely useless to me.

Original review: June 1, 2019

We've had AT&T internet since we moved into our home in 2000. We had DSL until a few years ago when we made the switch to Uverse. We were told we would get up to 100 Mbps which is a gross understatement. We're lucky if we hit 6 Mbps. With the crappy DSL we would call it a win if we hit 1.5 Mbps so we were thrilled to get 5 or 6. But 100? HAHAHAHAHA! No. It goes out occasionally only to reboot itself. And recently the main box at the corner of our road was damaged. It took AT&T 8 DAYS to get us back up and running. Bad enough, but what was even worse was that customer service had NO CLUE what was going on. ZERO. EVery call I made proved that. I was told techs were working on the problem, or that there was no outage in the area and it was our modem.

The outside box was mangled to pieces. I could see the problem with my own eyes. There were no techs working on the poor eviscerated box. It took them 5 days just to determine that the box had been murdered. I mentioned the box was mangled to pieces, right? Stop outsourcing your call centers to countries 1000s of miles away and who have NO IDEA what they are talking about. There should be a central county dispatch center, but that makes too much sense. If I could get Spectrum down our road I would switch in a heartbeat.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I reported picture freezing to Uverse via the online app. I did that 3 times and each time they restarted the modem or DVR no avail. So I tech came out on Memorial Day and replaced he modem. Because the problem was intermittent it looked like a success. Within a few hours the problem returned. Used online app and they ran same tests etc. Got a tech her here on 29 May. He placed the DVR and cable from modem to DVR. No success. He put me in touch with the Maintenance supervisor & he told me the problem was in the network & it was being worked. Now, 31 May, it's still freezing all channels. Have gotten no additional updates.

Original review: May 31, 2019

In October we signed up for their $40 deal that was internet and cable. They were unable to install cable because of the lack of a connection. AT&T agreed to keep the same deal of $40 a month. Now we just received a bill that was more than double the agreed upon rate and AT&T refuses to correct the problem. We will be leaving AT&T and encouraging everyone we know to do the same due to their lack of customer service.

Original review: May 30, 2019

ATT is big liar and is not a good company. They keep lying to me about my bill, that they fixed it. But every time I log in to pay it's the same. I don't know why they keep lying and giving their customer the run arounds. This is the worst company I ever dealt with. I hope they go out of business. I hope that there is no ATT anymore. I hate this word ATT. They are stupid and ignorant.

Original review: May 28, 2019

The clerk at the local AT&T store convinced me to switch from cable to AT&T Fiber. The service is great. Combined with an Orbi satellite system, the speeds throughout my 3100 sq. foot home are terrific. So what is the problem? The problem is that I have been constantly misled by the sales and service reps. The clerk at the local AT&T store told me that the AT&T 300 plan came with unlimited data. It does not. It turns out that I use a lot of data. Furthermore, he quoted me a $40/month price that would go up by no more than $10 in a year. Neither of those were true. I wasn't getting $40/month because he didn't bundle my AT&T services despite knowing I had multiple services. And the cost goes up by more than $10 after a year.

I went on AT&T chat last night to try to address both issues. I had to speak to two different people. The second person successfully bundled my AT&T services so that I can receive the $10 discount after a month or two. But she didn't successfully give me the 1-year promotional rate. So far, I have been on the line with AT&T for 1.5 hours this morning talking to three different people to try to get the promotional rate of $70/month for AT&T 1000 internet plan. I am not sure I will be succeeding. I am "talking" to the third person as I write, but I am on hold repeatedly while they "work on it." But she assures me that I will be receiving the promotional rate I was promised even though the "record" they sent me does not have it stated on it.

In short, the service, so far, has been phenomenal with great speeds. I am optimistic that the service will be more reliable than my Cable service which slows down or goes out quite frequently, causing working from home to be difficult. But I would be cautious trusting the sales people - the information I have received from them has been routinely false, and the chat person told me my rate issues was solved and I would receive a follow-up email, when it seemed not be be and I certainly did not receive a follow-up email in any event.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I would give it zero stars if I could. Where to start, for one I made it VERY clear from the beginning that I do not want any automated systems calling my phone, especially while I'm at work but of course I keep getting robocalls & texts. Since I had the AT&T U-Verse installed I have had nothing but issues, I didn't think it could get much worse than Spectrum until I got AT&T. The TV service kept glitching and freezing so they switched it to DirecTV. So now I'm paying for ads and can only fast forward through the commercials on certain channels. The DVR limits what can be recorded, certain programs are not allowed for some reason, and still can only fast-forward through certain commercials. The DirecTV modem interferes with the WIFI signal so now I only have 3-4 bars of internet service that drops frequently. My neighbor gave me permission to log in to their WIFI so I can take my online courses, but I'm paying for internet.

There has been an AT&T "technician" out here 4 times to try to fix it since I have switched to their service. They sent me an email with two Visa cards for my AT&T rewards since I had nothing but issues with the service. But then the rewards are disqualified while waiting patiently for them. The only good thing I have to say about them is the customer service reps on the "Retentions" line are very nice and seem helpful. The actual TV & internet service is horrible on its best days. Stay clear from AT&T or any of its subsidiaries, the service is a joke. Find another ISP and stream your TV because this has been nothing but a headache.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I call AT&T's number to get U-verse and Wifi in my new apartment. My new place is already pre-wired with AT&T so how hard could it be. I had a gentleman answer my first phone call telling me that he could help me. He upsells my internet and credit check me then tries to sell me DIRECTV. I live in an upscale apartment so I can't have DIRECTV and I told him I can only have Uverse upfront. So then he tells me that he can't help me with that, but then tries to just sell me internet. I told him no, I want Uverse and how do I get Uverse. After having me on and off hold for over an hour he says he will finish with my internet then transfer me to someone to help with Uverse. I was like okay great.

So then the next lady I talk to says she is only there to confirm my order and can't help me. When I explained the situation to her, she was clearly reading off some sort of script because her responses made no sense. Finally I figured out she couldn't speak english. I got so frustrated I hung up the phone and called a different AT&T number.

This time another guy answered and he got me service. But every package I wanted I couldn't have for one reason or another and I had to upgrade. This was supposed to cost me $100/month. I have had AT&T for one day.... not kidding one day and now somehow owe them $160. I have service fees, recovery fees, etc. I don't understand how my bill goes from $100 to $160?! Also fun fact, the man that came to install my AT&T gave me an unsecured network, but here is the kicker. The name of it sounds like I am running an adult business out of my apartment. I have no idea how to get this fixed and I'm sure my neighbors are horrified by the name!!!

Original review: May 21, 2019

$200.00 rewards after 6 months of service. I am 72 yrs of age on a budget. Was looking forward to my moneys of a VISA CARD for my service to them. Called numerous times and told me you are eligible for this waiting for visa 7 months of service I have. Called, chatted online said I had to register to get it within 120 days. No one told me that got no letter no email on this so cannot give it to me. IS THAT RIGHT? They get you to take them then do this. Not a happy customer waiting for my year contract is over will cancel. AT&T have terrible customer service.

Original review: May 21, 2019

When I called about the bill of my wireless phone, and I got hook-up with the trial of AT&T Internet 50 plan, with the promise that I will not be charged if I do not like the service. I did ask about the installation fees and other fees, the sales representative and her manager repeat it right before place the order, they said that it will be free of charged if the service is cancelled within 14 days. Now, this remind me the statement they repeated: 'It will be free of charge if you cancel the service within 14 days of activation'.

Two months later, I found that this statement is actually a hook. As the AT&T billing lady when I called to dispute my final bill of $107.34 said, that there is no free of charge from AT&T, "WE DO NOT PROVIDE FREE SERVICE". They charge me the installation fee of $99 and 3 days used. FREE OF CHARGE is the service termination fee. Anyway, I paid the bill and promised to myself that I will not come back to AT&T for any kind of service offered by this company or its divisions.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I recently signed up for Uverse package (cable TV, internet, home phone service) and ended up cancelling in 10 days. First off, their cable TV is nowhere near Spectrum, with which I had been a customer for last 2 decades before signing up for Uverse. There are things about Spectrum that frustrates me here and there but AT&T is much worse in terms of functionality & service. Their on-demand is very limited, the remote is hard to navigate, simple recording function is not as simple as it should be and cable TV had some sort of issues and didn't work for a few hours TWICE in those short 10 days. And internet was very very slow.

The most upsetting thing is that I was billed for the full month, $160. 1. The sale rep told me there would be absolutely no charge if I cancel the service within the first 2 weeks. Another rep told me the same thing when I canceled the service on the phone. 2. The bill that the sale rep calculated before I signed up was below $140 including taxes and fees. 3. After I received the bill, I contacted AT&T. They told me that I had to pay for those 10 days plus $35 activation fee... They are not reliable. Sale reps lie. Most importantly the service is bad.

Original review: May 20, 2019

When signing up for internet in December 2017, the install tech broke the stucco off of our outside wall, left screws and metal pieces all over the ground, used profanity, and only half finished the installation, making us have another person come out to complete it almost a week later. It's now May 2019, their line fell onto the street during the (calm weather) night with exposed wires splayed and we lost service. My husband and I both called for three days to try and get someone out (so we don't have to keep holding it up to get out of the driveway!) and got an appointment for the fourth day of no service.

After the person showed up late, we were told they didn't have the equipment to put the line back up so we would need another appointment in 2-3 days for repair! The line is still on the street with its splayed wires exposed to rain, and we still have no internet service with them. ABSOLUTELY UNHELPFUL. On top of this, we received a notice today that our monthly bill is going up from $40 to $75, with no explanation!!! Too bad we only have 2 options for wifi here (rural Central CA).

Original review: May 17, 2019

I had been using AT&T U-verse and Internet service for 4 years since 2014. For some unknown reason most of the time when I turned off my living room TV and the next day the TV will not be on even after I restarted the modem. I called AT&T 3 times for the same issue but they had never fixed it. They kept saying it was the weather. Nevertheless, I paid the full price for 4 years even if I could not watch TV in my living room and had to retreat to my bedroom to watch TV. I never asked them to give me a refund or reduced price. Finally, I switched to another TV service provider and I was able to watch TV in my living room and never had the same issues again. But that company's price went up to the roof after a few months without notice in advice.

I thought I will give AT&T a second chance. So I ordered internet service only this time. The sales person said I can try the TV for free and if I am not satisfied I could cancel it at the end of 30 days period. I tried but no TV in the living room happened again. So, I tried to cancel the TV at the end of the 30 days period, the other sales said I could not cancel the TV because it is a bundle and I would have to pay a much higher price. I then ordered upgraded internet service and online TV. Guess what happened? After the internet upgrade, my whole families were complaining to me about internet service dropping frequently, they could not use their computers or cellphones online. And of course, online TV was not working either. We were very frustrated and I had to call to cancel service again.

After cancellation, I received an early termination fee of $153 for a contract that has never existed. I told them I had never signed any contract with them and only had trial service with them the second time. But they would not listen. They simply sent me to a collection agency. When I received a letter from the collection agency I wrote a letter back and explained to them the service was not usable and I could not pay an early termination fee for terminating a contract that had never existed. After the letter sent, I have not heard a word from them. A month later, I found this charge simply showed up as collection on my credit report. What an arrogant way to deal with customers!

To be honest, I can afford to pay $153 to buy peace even if it is their fault and I should not pay. But I refuse to pay because I think they are so wrong on this matter. They think they are a big company so they could charge you for poor or no service, their sales could lie to you without facing consequences, and they can crush you like you are nothing because they are a big powerful company. I REFUSE to feel small and I want to tell my stories and I want my voices heard and I want to hear other people's voices too. They think we are ants and can step on us easily but if we are together and I believe a huge amount of ants can do something too. They must change to respect their customers, stop lying and change that arrogant attitude! Remember customers do have choices!

Original review: May 13, 2019

I been with AT&T Uverse for 8 years. I never call complain with anything and I set up auto paid. When we move I called to cancel services in April. I ask the rep. since the last payment was collect in April 12/19 am I going to be bill again. The rep said no because I already paid for my last bill and my service will be disconnect end of April. I said okay great. Nope they charge me again in May. When I call back ask the same question. All I got was, "I'm sorry. It was wrong information given to me." I told him call was being record. He didn't said anything. I understand since I disconnected their service. They don't care. Because of this I also cancel DirecTV with AT&T that was supposedly install this weekend.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I signed up for service to be installed 4-23-2019. They came out and hooked everything up and said the cable was out of service in my area and they would call to reschedule soon. After 1 week without any contact I decided to call and cancel. They were very sorry and offered a $100 discount so I accepted and would give them another chance. I was also promised visa gift cards for signing up that I haven’t received yet either. I have been patiently waiting and now my internet has been canceled for who knows what reason. I have made several calls and have received nothing but more promises. To this day nobody can tell me when my service will be hooked up. This has been a nightmare and I am going to return my equipment tomorrow. What a waste of time. Thanks for the runaround and lies!

Original review: May 12, 2019

If there was a option for a negative star review, this is it. Set up was easy and quick but is where the customer service stops. Wait, I'm sorry, AT&T contracts that out so even that is not AT&T. Three days after it was installed the police department ripped the wires from the box thinking we were stealing electricity. At a glance it does look like Romex. I'll give them that one. Three days later still waiting on AT&T to come out to hook it back up. On day five I was able to hook it up since the installation was the last time we seen them in three months. They promised my wife and I someone would be out to bury the wire within a week of the installation.

Three months later we went back to COX for the better customer service. Moral of the story is if you like to go through the hassle of constantly hooking up your own internet multiple times a month, unhooking it every time you have to mow and every time the neighbor kids get too close. This service is for you! We gave them one last chance to make it right by coming out and hooking it up one last time. They promised someone would be out no later than noon. At 1500 we are still waiting.

At 1500 my wife called back, they promised once again, no later then 1800 they would have a tech out. At around 1730 I called and asked where the tech was since I had to work, all they could do was promise they would be out by 2000. Really? 8 o'clock at night? Good thing we don't have young kids in the house lol. I was on the phone for about an hour until getting transferred again just to find out, "Oh, I'm sorry sir, we have never done installations on Saturdays". I asked, "Then why are your employees making promises that cannot be fulfilled?" Their response was, "Oh I'm sorry sir that was the customer service side...." Wait, what? Customer service or moral support side?

Original review: May 11, 2019

Writing this review on behalf of my father who is older. AT&T just went to the low of the lowest. One of the representatives sold a cable account to my father when he already had one to make a profit. We now have two bills to pay which is just wrong. It's extremely insensitive to trick an older person who is trying to save money to charge them twice for the same account. However this representative was SHAME ON YOU!! And for AT&T shame on you too for hiring someone like this.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I was transferred to 5 different numbers. Fiber installation team cut, then replaced my comcast cable & internet line. They replaced it, but did not bury it. They need to bury it so yard workers don’t cut it again. Also, I am treasurer of Woodruff Plantation HOA. The fiber installation team broke the entrance irrigation and electrical system. I paid for repair $100 I seek reimbursement. However, we need a new electrical line and don’t have the right tools. I want AT&T to fix it.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Called to cancel services and guy on the phone wouldn’t let me! Wants to charge me another month! Couldn’t tell me the address to send back the equipment!! So sad to see AT&T is resorting to stealing from people, used to be a decent company. Thanks to Google I see I can drop equipment at UPS. Will not do business with these thieves ever again. Buyer beware, if you want to cancel apparently you need to call months in advance. On the recorded call I kept repeating to cancel my order effective today, will mail equipment back tomorrow. Not surprising their stock price has been flailing, when you have to resort to theft, it’s not going so well...

Original review: May 10, 2019

Repeating another because it's perfectly said said. I had DirecTV had a few problems but regret it and it's so many better choices and things you can do with the TV guy with taping with finding Seasons. AT&T doesn't even tell you what season or episode you're watching and below it freezes all the time. This has to be the worst cable service I have ever had. Would not advise anyone getting this service. Freezes up. Won't do playbacks half the time. Pixelates all through shows or freezes up. Not a good service at all.

Original review: May 9, 2019

When I call for support on any AT&T services, it's always a hassle to get anything done. Your people barely speak English. I just wanted to update my compromised Credit Card info, and it took me 3 hrs. on the phone to get it done. I pay for my service over $500 a month and get no service or hold times of over an hour. You never get to talk to a supervisor. They just put you on hold until you give up. That is not a company I want to be associated with. As soon as my contract expires I will cancel all my AT&T services. Wireless/DirecTV.

DirecTV support has gotten so horrible since the GUI update a few months ago. Everything is slower than molasses and on top already viewed programs are constantly downloaded again and again, which leaves me every day deleting programs that I already watched and uses most of my bandwidth, which I rely on by working from home.

I was told six months ago this is a known issue and yet nothing has changed. Yesterday I was on the road and could not connect to the internet anymore because one of your agents deleted the wrong SIM card, I could go on and on. Your service is abysmal, and I will file a complaint with the FCC and every other or agency that will take action.

AT&T Uverse Company Information