AT&T Uverse

AT&T Uverse
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

AT&T U-verse gives you access to live television on a pool of more than 55,000 channels as well as movies and apps on demand. AT&T no longer offers U-verse, but existing customers’ plans are not affected. If you’re interested in AT&T’s television services, read our review of AT&T TV.

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

AT&T Uverse Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Uverse?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T U-verse?

Original review: April 15, 2020

We have made four separate appointments to have internet service installed at our new apartment and none of the technicians have ever shown up. I've lost track of the amount of time we have spent on the phone trying to resolve this. During the most recent call, the customer service person told us that he could see the three service calls listed in the computer, but couldn't explain why no one had shown up. He then transferred me to a supervisor who said that he couldn't see the appointments listed in the computer. When I went to the "Where's My Tech" section of the website this morning, it said that a technician was coming. But once the appointment window ended, the website couldn't find the appointment at all. We have ordered some equipment from Spectrum, which hopefully we can install ourselves with better luck.

Original review: April 3, 2020

It is very frustrating to have your call routed to someone on the other side of the world who has no understanding of the English language. Have to keep calling to get issue resolved! Had requested to have a secure internet connection installed. Been waiting for 20+ years and still not available!

Original review: March 8, 2020

I have been a subscriber for the AT&T 50 mbps internet and family package Uverse Tv. The service from ATT was mediocre to say the least with regular internet issues. Earlier there were no competition but I would definitely recommend Spectrum or other competitions products to Att uverse, they are cheaper and much more reliable. The service is also equally bad. My connection was discontinued whereas I had specifically asked it to be removed after a week's time so I can get the other product/service installed. Stay away from ATT and look for better options.

Original review: March 6, 2020

I had U-verse for my internet and TV. I called to cancel it yesterday 3/5/20 because the internet was performing badly. I had already paid the month of March so I was expecting a refund for the portion of the month that I am not going to use; however, they told me that there is not going to be any refund because even when I called at the beginning of the month, THEY won't execute my cancellation request until the end of March. IN MY BOOK THAT IS SIMPLY STEALING FROM PEOPLE.

Original review: March 6, 2020

I have had Uverse for two years now. Never works at the advertised internet speed. Cannot stream movies. Channels freeze up. Help center does not understand English. When we called to complain, they recommended DirecTV which is slower internet and the same company. Cost is outrageous for the service provided and goes up exponentially on an annual basis. Switching to Cox Cable.

Original review: March 5, 2020

We all know when you start new services they offer 12-month promotional and then they jack up your prices. I specifically told them when I signed I did not want to promotional price I wanted a regular price so I knew what I was getting. Of course they brought me in at a promotional price and then 12 months later my build jacks up $60 a month. I called to complain what did I get for my troubles? A discounted cable service with less channels to get a lower price and was told I was only losing a few channels that I wasn't interested in and then I'd get to keep the ones I wanted.

Did that happen? Oh heck no, were they going to fix it for me? Sure for an increased monthly premium and to give me a larger package I could get my one station that I told them I did not want to lose back. I'm so tired of the cable system and they're rip-offs. I'm going to Dish and it won't be DirecTV that is run by AT&t. Not to mention what they're doing to their workers and causing them to train their own replacements for lower cost overseas workers. Guess I'll have to get rid of my cell phone services as well.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

Not only was signing up for AT&T service a long and stressful process now my WiFi is slower than molasses. Mind you I have used 8 out of 1000 GB. In addition, I am upset with how slow my internet is and it is impossible to get help and cannot figure out how to leave a review or get help on their site. Extremely unhappy with both their service and customer service and am currently searching other companies!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

AT&T U-verse is far and away the WORST cable complaint I’ve ever dealt with. I live in a development where ATT has a monopoly on cable/internet and you don’t have the option to use a different service. From the moment we got stuck using this service we’ve had nothing but problems. There seems to always be service outages. We’re constantly having to reset our boxes because of service issues. After 9pm every night, our WiFi seems to slow down and we have trouble using any of our streaming services.

Time after time we’ve called to complain about these issues and have never had any resolution. Our bill is over $220 every month and with every issue we’ve had, we’re stuck because we can’t switch providers. We’re finally sick of this and have rallied over 100 of our neighbors in this development and are demanding that our leasing office switch providers or risk lots of bad reviews for renting their properties. Not once has ATT made any effort to make any of us feel like we matter or that they’re sorry and want to try to make things better. Here’s hoping ATT slowly goes out of business because they clearly don’t care about their customers.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

AT&T has been my service provider for over 20 years. (phone, internet, and cable TV) Every year they raise their price and tell you how great they are but they are only just ok. We have a lot of router problems and their internet service is slow and unreliable. Streaming services are a much better option for a lot less money. When you call to talk with them they tell you you are getting a special price package for a year and then change your price a few months later. They are dishonest and very difficult to work with. SHOP AROUND. There are much better options. I'm shopping and plan to leave them ASAP. CUT THE CABLE.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Regrettably, I have been a customer of AT&T Uverse for eight years, and I have never been late on a payment, much less missed one. The technology has been spotty and unreliable throughout that time. We are always having to reset our router and/or set top boxes because the signal will drop randomly, but we have lived with it.

The last straw happened about a month ago when I had to schedule a service visit. They told me on the phone when I was scheduling the appointment that there could be a $99.00 charge if the repair was deemed outside of AT&T's responsibility, but they prefaced that statement saying that the technician would tell me if there would be a charge BEFORE any work was performed so I could choose not to have it done. I specifically repeated that to the agent to make sure I understood, and they confirmed my understanding.

The technician arrived and I explained the problem. He said he needed to take a look at it (it was on the outside of the house), so I showed him where it was and let him investigate. I was in the middle of doing some work, so I told him to come get me when he determined what needed to be done, and I went back inside. About 20 minutes later, he knocks on the door and tells me the repair was completed. He never mentioned that there would be a charge for it until AFTER he had completed the work.

I was charged a little more than $108 for it, and I called customer service to explain that I was never informed there would be a charge and given the opportunity to decline the repair prior to the work being performed as I was told would be the case. The agent put me on hold to talk to someone, and then came back and said the charge was deemed valid and would not be reversed. I again explained what I was told would happen did not happen, and if it had, I would not have opted for the repair. This didn't matter. There was absolutely no consideration of the fact that I've been a trouble free customer for 8 years even though they charge too much, especially for unreliable service. I will never do business with this company again in any form. I am changing my service at the end of the month. Think twice before you decide to give this Goliath your money.

AT&T Uverse Company Information