Formerly named AT&T U-verse

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.80/5
Based on 2,698 ratings submitted in the last year

AT&T Internet offers multiple plans, including a 1 Gbps plan suited for those who have multiple devices or use HD streaming services. Prices range from $45 to $80 for the first year of service, but prices increase after the 12-month introductory period. The company's gateway acts as a modem and provides Wi-Fi coverage, although those with large homes may need optional Wi-Fi extenders for whole-house coverage. If you’re interested in AT&T’s television services, read our review of AT&T TV.

AT&T Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?

Original review: March 9, 2021

I installed their digital phone service and internet 5 days ago. Today nothing worked. Being hearing impaired I counted on the land line for my captioned phone. I called once. I was sent to overseas customer service from a cell phone that I have as a rider on my daughter’s account. On speaker phone even my husband could not understand. Hung up and called back and said I want a tech in USA. Once again thrown back to overseas. Hung up again and called a third time. This time, AGAIN overseas and when she went to transfer the call to US I was disconnected. By the fourth time I was raging. I had their land line for 50 years - no problem but now I have one. I disconnected my old provider for internet due to their outrageous pricing. I should have just paid it. This was after one and a half hours on the phone which is insane.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I ordered a faster internet change. The technician arrived on time (only positive). He sat in the car, took a short walk to the pole, sat in the car again. He came to me and said he had to change the meeting because there was ice on the box. I think he has an x-ray in his eyes or his eyesight because he never used a ladder to check it. I checked it and everything looks fine from this distance (no ice and no snow). I lost one day of work waiting for service. Now I have to wait for my next appointment and lose another day at work. There are always some problems with this company, it has never happened that they did something on time and without problems. Very, Very bad opinion.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I need internet for work at home. Called several times to try to get weekend appt. Finally, 3rd or 4th rep tells me that their myAT&T app would be more current & faster than calling. After refreshing, signing in and out was able to get a 8am to 12 appointment on a Sat. I kept checking the app for status of appointment, most of the afternoon rec'd messages that tech running late but that my appointment was assigned to a tech.

At 4pm, I was getting worried so called customer service line and was told my appt was probably not going to happen and if I wanted to be rescheduled for following wed. I originally had a Mon appt, but since I grabbed the Sat morning one, I lost it. I told her the app said I had a tech assigned and they were running late. And as I was desperate, I decided to wait till 8 even though that rep told me there were gone for the day. I then rec'd a text message at 8:01 that appt cancelled. At 6 I spoke and complained to a live rep and she verbally promised that a tech was found and was coming to the house, SHE LIED, THE App lied all day long.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I still like traditional TV with a great channel guide. The DVR capabilities are very good. The bad about AT&T Uverse is the amount they charge. They give little deals and after 12 months up goes the bill again. Way too many time I have been lied to about the cost.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

The service is extremely unreliable and for the cost, it fails to deliver on every metric. Our community page has numerous residents sharing their issues, frustrations and lack of improvement or caring by AT&T.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I get a discount because I'm on SNAP, and the service is adequate. It works and it's reliable, which is what I need, and it's a good price for the internet connection. What else can you say about an internet connection? It's like a phone line. It works or it doesn't. This works.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Sometimes the Att internet works and then sometimes the internet is down for some of the time and then I have to exit and then I have to refresh it and sometimes it does that several times when they have a frozen screen and then you have to exit and refresh it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

We're on the prehistoric DSL system and the reliability is terrible with the system just shutting on and off. We've had numerous techs out, 5 modem replacements and all they can tell us is it's old and no upgrades are expected. Zero referrals for this company!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I have been with AT&T since I had a telephone in my car... that was 1993. I have great service and a reasonable rate and a 10% discount for working with the State of MD. It is a provider who goes above and beyond to provide the best service! Thank you, AT&T.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I just canceled AT&T after paying my bill three days ago and was told I would be required to pay an additional month of service because they had sent another bill to me yesterday and even though I would not need their service or want their service, they will not stop service at my request, but at their convenience. Tasha (who was very nice and apologetic) said they started this practice in 2019 and there is no proration and always another bill after cancelling service with AT&T. This is terrible customer service and I would highly suggest finding another provider - the signal is not sufficient for any home larger than 1500sf anyway - even with a booster (which is why I cancelled).

AT&T Internet Company Information