Formerly named AT&T U-verse

3.9/5 (726 ratings)

About AT&T Internet

AT&T Internet offers multiple plans, including a 1 Gbps plan suited for those who have multiple devices or use HD streaming services. Prices range from $45 to $80 for the first year of service, but prices increase after the 12-month introductory period. The company's gateway acts as a modem and provides Wi-Fi coverage, although those with large homes may need optional Wi-Fi extenders for whole-house coverage. If you’re interested in AT&T’s television services, read our review of AT&T TV.

AT&T Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?

Original review: June 11, 2022

I am moving later this month and, because I like to plan things out early, I decided to order the internet modem (the device used to connect to Wi-Fi) to my *current address three weeks before my moving date. This way I would have the device ready when I move. But man, even though I clearly indicate that the delivery address is my *current address, they still sent the device to my new address! I called customer service, and was told that apparently the system was crap and did not notice that delivery address was different. I mean, why did you ask people to put in a delivery address then?? They helped cancel the order though, but told me next time I should place an order through a representative, rather than online. Apparently they don’t know that their company’s website has a big promotion going on right now encouraging people to place an order online!!

Original review: May 27, 2022

AT&T internet (I have had twice now, not by choice) is the worst in my opinion. When adding price add an additional jet pack for a reputable company. Or have back up internet. Applications are horrendous and their portals extremely lack any information, if they work at all. Dial up internet attached to a styrofoam cup has better communication.

Original review: May 26, 2022

Every time, I tried to login into my ATT account, the dreadful system does not recognize my password, even when I am already signed into my email, on the next tab, which has the same password. I called three times; three times three different people promised they would take care of the problem. I had to change my password and it seemed everything was fine, but when I tried again to sign up into my account, the site managed by incompetent people, but it never remembers my password.

The problem is that the technicians you have are in India and not in the USA. Obviously, they offer the service they get paid which is rubbish, and the services is as bad as the services you (ATT) is using in undeveloped countries and not in the USA. I will start searching for another company to switch because I am FED UP with the horrible and unprofessional service provided by ATT.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Internet doesn't work and AT&T informed that the technician can come to fix the problem in 5 days, since 05/04 and they will send the technician only on 05/09, this is ridiculous and it is what they say to their "valued customer", fake commercial, they do not provide a good service and they don't care if you need the internet to work remotely. Be careful when choosing this provider, you can be very disappointed.

Original review: April 28, 2022

No ones at call center would like to resolve issue. They keep transferring you to different departments and waste your time. This is 3rd day I am trying to reach and they always send to tech support. I recently moved my service. Landlord said I can’t have any other internet service than horrible ATT so I am stuck with them. Box on wall missing in the apartment. I was told service should be already running there. Now they want to send technician and make money for the installation. I am an IT technician myself. They is no technical issue here. Only box is missing. In previous place they didn’t charge me to put that box.

Original review: April 10, 2022

We had AT&T for just over a year when we moved to an area that they did not cover. A week before we moved I called to cancel service for the following week after finding out that they did not cover our new home. I mailed back the equipment less than a week after we moved. Five weeks later I get an email saying that they owe me a credit of almost $90.

We were on the autobill plan and they continued to remove money from my account, more than a month after canceling service and weeks after they received all my equipment back. I called and was bounced around to three different people. The first one told me he could not credit my account back (they could only remove money, and it was my fault for not stopping autopay, even though the agent who canceled my service never said I needed to do that). He then said not to worry because they already mailed me the check (I find this hard to believe because I just got the email about the credit that same day: a Saturday). I said well great, but they sent it to the wrong address, because we moved. He told me I'd need to get it from the old address, at which point I asked to speak to his manager.

He then transferred me to Collections where some man asked for my account number and told me I owed THEM $128. I said, "Sir you must have the wrong account number pulled up because you owe ME money." To which he replied, "Well I'm collections, so I can't help you." I then asked for someone who could help me. He then transferred me again (after I waited an additional 10 minutes on hold to some woman who could not understand English at all. I am a graduate educated person with no accent who repeated numbers over and over again to no avail.

Finally I got someone on chat who said a check would be sent to my NEW address and that they would email me a link to remove the autobill from my account. I have not yet received the link. I damn well better receive the check. In addition, I went online to my account and it says autobill is not active so evidently my bank account can be charged even without being authorized. This is very shady and illegal.

Original review: April 4, 2022

What a terrible company. We never have internet or cable. It goes out every other week and then they take 2 weeks to send someone out and IF they show up they don’t know what they are doing. Way too expensive for garbage service and even worse customer service.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I've signed up for the 100 Mbps download speed plan. First 2 months it was below 20 Mbps wireless and about 30 Mbps wired which was OK with me. Now, it's always lower than 10 Mbps wireless. Sometimes it goes even lower than 1 Mbps. Can't watch streamed video without interruption. And nobody there cares, Bottom line: ATT steals from you. Beware...

Original review: March 12, 2022

I asked to speak to a supervisor because I couldn't understand the representative. He had a thick accent. He put me hold for about 1 min and came back on the line pretending to be the supervisor. I apologized and told him I couldn't understand him. His response was "maybe you should hang up and call the American line back". I'm sorry I didn't know that was a thing.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

ATT has sent me countless ads trying to get me to switch to ATT fiber. Since it was cheaper I elected to switch. The tech came out in January 2022 to hook it up but said ATT hadn't actually ran the cables to my house like they indicated they had. He said he would have to put in a work ticket to get the cables ran. This is fine but in the meantime I am stuck paying a higher bill than what ATT offered. I contacted ATT and the agent agreed to discount my bill until the issue was fixed. She said it would be a couple weeks. Over a month later it still isn't fixed with no progress and the discount has disappeared from my bill. I contacted ATT and the billing department indicated there was nothing they could do and just call ATT. As we all know this requires hours of sitting on hold and chasing them down to give me what they already offered. Further, when checking on the status of my order the website indicates it will not change until 12/31/2036.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

This is a very concise and well done internet experience! The other internets were expensive and failed miserably all the time! I have never had a failure or problem with this internet experience and I am very pleased with the service.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

AT&T refuses to lay fiber in the certain areas of Dekalb County Georgia area, however, a new senior building was just built literally across the street from our subdivision which offers AT&T fiber. Several areas have been upgraded with AT&T fiber optics (internet) except for predominately ** areas. They do offer their cellular and television, but refuse to upgrade areas with fiber that would offer others a choice in reference to internet and also allow other areas an opportunity to take advantage of the special rate plans that they offer. I guess they think that all ** want to do is watch television and talk on the phone. We have been asking for AT&T for over 10 years. I am so sick of these companies taking advantage of ** people. We must stop spending our monies with these companies.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Merritt Island, FL. On the night of December 29th, 2021, my internet and U-verse tv went out. The next morning after attempting to reset it with no luck I called AT&T. Their rep told me it would be back on in a couple of hours. Well, today (Jan 5th, 2022) makes it an entire WEEK! Nothing. No internet or U-verse tv! I called a few times a day, every day, and they just tell you lies to get you off the phone. I have rebooted and reset the system many many many times, nothing. They all gave repair times of a couple more hours to 24 hours continuously. More lies. Yesterday I finally cancelled the U-verse as all of this finally pushed me to go to Roku Ultra which several friends and family already have. If I do not have internet by the end of today, I am leaving AT&T. I've had U-Verse since 2011 and internet/cell with them for longer. Sad to say it but to heck with them and their lies!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I've observed all possible combinations of bandwidth throttling. 400mbit down and 1.2mbit up. Low download and high upload. When I get parity it's 70/80 range on a Gbit fiber. I can't get through a 60 minute MS Teams call with video without dropping out from "bad connectivity". This is AT&T throttling entire neighborhoods. It's not our router, firmware, CAT-5, IPV4/5/6, channel frequency, etc.. There's no other explanation for sudden, widely varying degraded internet bandwidth reports from thousands of customers. When you plug in a new router their algorithm is providing full priority upload and download. Soon, it goes back to some sort of throttling algorithm.

AT&T must have realized postage costs of swapping routers is a lot cheaper than providing internet bandwidth to their customers. This is highly unethical. They are lying to customers and wasting our time in pointless trouble shooting calls. Technical support lies repeatedly, claiming no one has ever reported problems with minimal upload or download speeds. It must be a call center script. I told the last tech to type in a Google search and see hundreds of people on AT&T FORUMS complaining about this. AT&T Leadership is running a business with no moral or ethical grounding and providing poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

AT&T hounded us from the day we moved to buy pricier service packages. We didn't have the option to choose what service we were getting either. The technician who was meant to show up to activate everything left us hanging for multiple days, then said he could do it remotely. In the end, I had to contact support and figure it out myself. (We live in an apartment complex. They have a weird way of going about activation.) He took his time avoiding me for about a week. We had no service. When we had issues, he was uncertain what to do, passed my call around his office for a while (several days of ongoing issues) and ended up telling me he didn't know. That I knew more about how to fix it and how it worked than he did. I was baffled.

When a construction company came and dug up the fiber line, they took about a week to repair it, and we've had spotty service ever since. Even better, they mandated that all devices be kept outside in a storage shed. In 100 degree weather, these things were cooking. Router, modem, etc. Devices need to be stored at much lower temps. These little closets are hot, even in winter. After a good long while with service dropping more often and becoming spotty (videos hang and buffer constantly, video games freeze, wifi devices just stop picking up signal entirely) I'm just about over it. I've spent so many hours waiting on the phone and in their online support queue, having my calls ignored, many in person appointments missed, and being entirely disregarded. I would NOT recommend AT&T services to anyone. Ever. I'm glad I at least changed my phone plan.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Att is the worst company I have ever encountered. Yesterday, they sent a team to my backyard to pave their internet cable. I am not even a customer of Att internet, but the team accidentally cut my internet cable provided by other internet service company. When I confronted the team, they assured me they would fix it within a hour. After that, I left for work. when I came back at night, the team left and my internet was not fixed! It took me 3 hours to reach their repair department and their representative told me that they were not responsible for that since the team accidentally cut the cable, I should only call my internet provider. I asked them if I accidentally crushed their car, was I responsible for the repair? They didn't answer and kept saying they were not responsible for that! Att is the most irresponsible company I have ever seen! I wish I could give them -5 stars!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

When I moved I had to settle for Satellite service for my internet and tv. When it was installed I asked the tech if I would be able to stream and he assured me that there would be no problem. After the setup and a little learning curve I found that I couldn't do any type of streaming without copying the program first and at times that didn't work. I thought it was something I was doing wrong. Last spring a friend and I started talking about VR sets and sharing over the net. It was at that time I found out that in order to stream it takes at least 30K Mbps to stream properly. I looked into what my rate was through the satellite internet and it was only 1.5k Mbps. That speed doesn't even come close to what's necessary to stream. The tech either didn't know anything about streaming or intentionally told me that this internet speed would work great for streaming.

It was at that point I realized that not being able to stream had nothing to do with my aptitude but it was because of the snail pace that my internet speed was. In the satellite TV package I have has a large amount of capabilities that I can't use because of the very slow internet speed. For 3 yrs. they have been charging me for services that I was entitled to but couldn't get because of the slow speed. I don't understand how they can charge for services when their own internet can't supply the necessary speed to take advantage of them. I feel like I've been overcharged for all the capabilities that I've missed out of because of a slow internet speed. They had to know that it couldn't support the abilities of the satellite TV package that they sold me.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

In short, other providers have somewhat higher cost at lower speeds; however, almost any are better than AT&T. Internet has been down 10 out of 30 days (5 of those consecutive) for an entire neighborhood. Each time customer service repeats "it's being worked" and "it'll be up soon/in X hours". That resolution window is always missed. I'm then told they are "working a permanent fix". And the issue repeats itself.

Phone support is almost non-existent as you get bounced around departments then get disconnected (if not immediately disconnected, *hear the pickup then click, tone*). Chat support requires you to sign in (yeah internet is down and you are on a mobile device). Then they require "additional authentication" (not using the current authenticated session). Hey you're on a mobile device and was required to log into your account. What's MORE bandwidth usage going to hurt?

Then they give you some nonsense about maintaining the "excellent internet service" (where's that option? I'll take some of that) although the service has been only partially operational at best. And more nonsense about some random reason. (This last was a tornado causing line damage today...although it's been 80 degrees, sunny, and perfect weather for 70 miles in every direction for the past week!) When you press for an exact reason why their service is down, you get the "we recommend waiting", "it's being worked" and "it'll be up soon" again. If you press a bit harder as to why the last six "permanent fix" over the past month aren't working, you mysteriously get disconnected from chat as well.

In the end, these ISPs have a huge monopoly and they know there aren't many options for providers in most areas. You usually have to go with one of the major five. When you get shafted by them, there's not much you can do other than cancel service to go to another of the major five only to get shafted again. I'd really like to see someone (BBB? EFF? even the mostly dysfunctional congress) reduce the power these services maintain. But who am I kidding, there are no selfless, well-meaning, dedicated, and accurately informed people in positions of power anywhere. We are doomed.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Called today for few questions. Girl name Kirstie from Atlanta help me out about my internet plan. Told me about the current offers. I was confused about my plan but satisfied with great customer service.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

All internets say that they have the fastest internet but it's not true. Sometimes it freezes up and it interrupts your day. It's like driving on the freeway. When it get crowded the traffic slows everybody down. Same thing goes for the internet. It's all about the Benjamins. When the satellite shuts down the world is at a stand still. But this is the turn of the century.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

My wife is the one to mess with the electronics, I am lost with them. So I will tell what I see. She is calling once or twice a month or even weekly yelling at rep on phone and I am telling her to calm down, it’s not his fault, "I don’t know if it’s or not, why is this happening, it’s just started now. It wasn’t doing it yesterday, today I am telling you. Just listen and quit talking. The system keeps doing this sound and blinking, no it doesn’t go off, it just makes that sound and blinks. No I said just started it wasn’t doing it yesterday. No it started today. Aren’t you listening what I say. Damn he hung up on me. No I forgot his name and if I called back I wouldn’t get him. I’ll call back tomorrow."

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

This is one of the worst. They promise one speed and after install the speeds not even half of what they say. We couldn't even stream or play games online. Wish they could get their act together. They use to be an awesome company

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

AT&T starts out good. After the 1st month it gets bad and continues!!! Speed is slow, connections are bad, drops connections all the time!!! Only way to get hold of them is social media and it takes weeks to get a tech to come out and they can't correct problem and makes it worst!!!! Service area is limited. Only other is Comcast and they are worst!!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Having moved out to the country, no one could provide strong service. Testing all other providers, ATT come through with the best solution for weak signals, and service at the most affordable price. Highly recommended for rural applications.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I currently use one of my Moto E6. Once I moved from Martin SD to Rapid City SD 57702 service has improved. My ** account goes on a rotation. Currently is ATT. I am Very Happy with AT&T at 65. This is one Co. I can count on.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I switch from contract to pre-paid, paying $65 a month for unlimited same as a contract then my data starts searching more than online. I’ve call Att at least twice a week. All I get is a work order number and be told someone be contacting you 72 hrs. Never hear from them. My point is it shouldn’t matter if a customer is prepaid or contract, we should get the best service.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Bellsouth/AT&T required me to ship back the leased router. That was fine, but they would let me pay to ship it or send me a shipping label. I had to drive 60 miles to a FedEx Office location as that was all they would accept or I'd be charged $300 for a 10 plus years old router. After that many years of service, that's being ridiculous. I will never utilize their services again from my home or business.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I have AT&T fiber internet and it is great compared to any other internet I have ever had and it’s only $60 per month, stand alone service! I find it to be a great value and very helpful, especially when I need to work from home.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Feel like I am paying too much for this internet provider. Have problems with internet dropping off randomly. Don't have much more to say than that. Guess I really need to shop around for other providers.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

The main problem is the bill keeps going up, you call and can get a lower bill and during storms there is some outage but it's getting better. Customer service get high marks, always do a good job and stay with problem till fixed

AT&T Internet Company Information