Formerly named AT&T U-verse

3.8/5 (2776 ratings)

About AT&T Internet

AT&T Internet offers multiple plans, including a 1 Gbps plan suited for those who have multiple devices or use HD streaming services. Prices range from $45 to $80 for the first year of service, but prices increase after the 12-month introductory period. The company's gateway acts as a modem and provides Wi-Fi coverage, although those with large homes may need optional Wi-Fi extenders for whole-house coverage. If you’re interested in AT&T’s television services, read our review of AT&T TV.

AT&T Internet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T Internet?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Just writing this awful review somehow doesn’t seem like enough. I signed up with AT&T in May. Right off the bat, they lied to me about a couple of things even after I told the salespeople that I didn’t care what the cost was. I just wanted the truth because it seemed low. And they also lied about a real person being at the other end of their app when you try to get help. It was automated just like all the other apps like that. But the worst part was they have this unburied wire that goes from a box on my house across my grass, draped across my fence and across two trees to a telephone pole, I guess. And it’s been like that for three months.

When they put first put it there they said somebody would be out within a week to bury it. Someone came out, they couldn’t bury and said someone would be the new out the next day. Long story short, I have called them four times about burying this unsightly and potentially dangerous wire (I almost ran over it with my lawnmower a couple of times times) and each time they were surprised to find out that it hadn’t been done yet. They didn’t even know it wasn’t done. It wasn’t even a pending order each time I called. It’s near the end of August, 3 months of this! So I finally canceled service and I’m waiting for the competition to come start service.

I do want to say that I appreciate whoever the manager was when I called on August 13. She was helpful and acknowledged that they really dropped the ball on this and I appreciate that. If they had a few more people like that I would still be with AT&T. However, today was another nightmare! Saturday Night Live could totally do a skit about my customer service experience with AT&T. I’ve wasted hours of my time on the phone with them. I would definitely avoid them. I know none of our choices are that great right now but AT&T is terrible. The competition must be better than this.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

We have been a customer of AT&T for decades ever since AT&T bought out Bellsouth. The turn around time and response time has decreased exponentially over the years. I have been working from home for two years now and my new job has no office in my state so I have to work from home now. I rely and need internet and phone to be available 24/7 and I am an hourly employee so every minute without access comes out of my pocket, not the service company. I have yet again been put in a queue both by customer service and technicians so I have had no service for two days now and have almost used up my separate cell service (GBs) to get work done. When does the customer come in priority theses days?!!!

Original review: July 19, 2021

My wifi went out Saturday and they came out Monday still not working. Wife works from home and missing 3 days of work. And she’s on phone 7:51 pm Monday and still can’t tell us when it’s going to be fixed. Their guy came out this morning and still nothing. Call them get hung up on 4 different times today.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I have no idea how good or bad the internet service is, because the install never took place. I was scheduled for U-Verse today between 9am to 11am. I received several text saying Tech was on its way. At 9:04 I received text saying unable to complete install call to reschedule. I immediately called AT&T and Rep said he would have to reschedule me and next avail date was xyz, I told him I did a schedule change to get this install. The Tech never knocked on my door. *MY 2 KIDS WERE IMPATIENTLY WAITING FOR THE INTERNET.* After doing my research the Tech went to the wrong house but never called to say, "HEY I'M HERE!!!!"

Had to just cancel order due to me just starting this job I could not ask again for schedule change!!!! They don't try to rectify anything. You are just another number, do what they say do at their time or nothing at all. Even if they knocked on wrong door they still won't rectify anything. Now we still don't have internet and at&t could care less. Guess we are too poor to even be thought of.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I guess this company does not need customers. I called Saturday July 10th, and gave my information to sign up for internet and they hung up. Never called back. So I tried again Sunday, July 11 but their office was closed to check my credit. It's only 820 so I guess they're only used to lower scores. The woman who gave her name as "Deborah" said she would call me back to finish setting up my account on Monday July 12th at noon. Well, it is now 345 pm and guess what?! Ya, SHE DID NOT CALL. No one called. So, I will NEVER bring my business to this place. They have ZERO integrity. If this is how they treat potential or new customers I hate to see how they treat existing customers. Uh, NO THANKS. I won't waste any more of my time on this subpar company. Oh and I'm posting this on my social media too.

Original review: July 7, 2021

So we had the U-verse internet 75 gig for about 4 months and went through three routers. The last time we called they sent out a tech and he said that it looked like a line was hit by lightning out front so they would set up a ticket to have it fixed. About two weeks later I called because no one had come and the ticket was closed and it was said resolved. So we decided to get another internet provider.

I was called by a guy from AT&T and he said that they would fix the line so they would be sending someone out. I told him we no longer had service and didn't need it fixed and that I didn't think my landlord or HOA would approve but he said other customers may be affected so they had to fix it. I said, "Okay if you have to then please make sure that the ground is level, the ground is seeded, and hay put on it so that our landlord or HOA wouldn't fine us." He said not a problem and someone would be out soon.

About two or three weeks later they started work. Another two or three weeks later they finally finished work. Went out to check and they left clumps and lumps, and dirt mounds. It was a mess. It was not seeded, and there was no hay on it. They also left some trash laying around and did not put the dirt up to our sprinkler or an access hatch.

I called customer service and spent an hour and a half speaking to about 11 people (guess the reps don't know what departments do what) and because we no longer have an active service they could not send someone out or do anything. Plus, every single person was hard to hear. So we will be contacting our landlord, possibly the HOA and maybe even AT&T corporate. We will have our landlord contact AT&T to get this resolved. I would not go with them if I didn't have to.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I feel cheated, as ATT claims to have the best 5G network, it sometimes says NO INTERNET, in the middle of the big city, PORTLAND, OREGON. That's a shame, and I'm very much going to some other carrier, also I bought a device/phone (November 2020) and $65 monthly plan from ATT, on the pretext as it will get unlocked after few months of service, but it failed too, so very disappointed.

Original review: May 3, 2021

ALL of my AT&T services were out & nobody came out for 3 weeks to fix it DESPITE CALLING EVERY DAY. A nightmare. Supposed to get a credit. 2 1/2 hours on phone today. Customer service plays mind games. UGH.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I was a customer of AT&T internet and cable. I enrolled in automatic billing which failed repeatedly due to AT&T technical problems resulting in cancellation of service without notice, such confusion and eventually a collection notice (not due to insufficient funds or errors on my bank's part). Due to technical errors on AT&T's part, the automatic payment was not processed for several months (not due to insufficient funds or anything wrong on my part) and the service was discontinued without notice. Without internet service it was difficult to contact AT&T and get it resolved but after hours on hold and getting passed around eventually I did, made a payment. AT&T insisted that I was properly enrolled in automatic payments and the problem must be on my bank's part. My bank had no record of the transaction.

The automatic payments again failed the subsequent month and again after many hours of hold and being passed around a tech decided we needed to cancel the account and start a new account to process automatic payments. When that didn't work either I decided to cancel the service and paid the balance in full. I never received a bill but 6 months later a $122 balance went to collection and by that time the damage was done even though it was paid it is now on my credit report 3 years later. Don't do business with this company.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I was straight up LIED to by a representative about what the cost of my internet was going to be. I was told for in my area I can receive 100 internet for $35/mo or 300 internet for $45/mo. She said if I got the 300 then my install and equipment fees will be waived. I got my first bill and it had equipment fees on there. When I called AT&T about it they said there was nothing they could do. Then I ask to move my service down to the 100 internet and they said that's no longer available. At&t is a horrible company filled with con artist, I will never use them again not even for a phone plan. And I will advocate to anyone who ask me, do not use them. If I could give negative stars I would.

AT&T Internet Company Information