3.8/5 (164 reviews)

About AT&T TV

AT&T TV is a streaming service with live channels and on-demand shows and movies. The service comes with a voice assistant remote and a TV box programmed with AT&T TV services. Prices start at $49.99 a month. Choose from packages geared toward movie fans, avid sports watchers and more casual viewers. Contracts last for two years. Existing AT&T U-verse customers can read our AT&T U-verse reviews.

Pros

• Smooth interface
  • Voice assistant remote
  • DIY setup
  • Sleek TV box

Cons

• Increased prices in year two
  • Two-year contracts

Bottom Line

AT&T TV has a great interface and plenty of channels. We wish it had month-to-month contracts and more straightforward pricing, but the service works well for some.

How does AT&T TV work?

AT&T offers several video streaming services, including AT&T TV, which has access to hundreds of channels and 55,000 on-demand movies and shows. Users can record up to 500 hours of programming to the cloud DVR. When looking at the cost for various packages, make sure to check the second-year cost, which is significantly more than the first-year price.

AT&T TV price

AT&T TV packages include one year of HBO and access to HBO Max starting May 27, 2020. Every package comes with a two-year agreement. The Choice, Xtra and Ultimate plans have an additional regional sports fee of $8.49 a month. Customers who cancel early must pay $15 a month for every remaining month of the contract, and there's a one-time activation fee of $19.95. Additional taxes vary by state.

• Entertainment package: The entertainment package is a good choice for basic television use. The plan costs $49.99 a month the first year and $92.99 a month the second year.
  • Choice package: This package provides additional channels and on-demand selections. It costs $54.99 a month the first year and $109.99 a month the second year.
  • Xtra package: The Xtra package is suited for sports fans and costs $64.99 a month the first year and $123.99 a month the second year.
  • Ultimate package: The Ultimate package add multiple premium channels and is designed for movie buffs. It costs $69.99 a month the first year and $134.99 a month the second year.

AT&T TV features

AT&T TV has additional features that make it an attractive option, including a voice assistant remote, a clean interface and a nice-looking TV box.

• Voice assistant remote: The voice assistant remote performs standard functions and answers news- and traffic-related questions.
  • Clean interface: The interface is pleasant and intuitive, so AT&T TV is fun to use starting from the moment after the do-it-yourself setup. Users can choose from five menu layout options.
  • AT&T TV box: The AT&T TV box is thin and simple and has an attractive, minimalist look.

AT&T TV FAQ

What channels does AT&T TV have?
AT&T TV has hundreds of channels, including news, sports, lifestyle and movie channels. Channels vary based on the plan. AT&T's website has a complete list.
Does AT&T TV require a contract?
Yes, AT&T TV requires a two-year contract.
How many devices can stream AT&T TV?
Three devices can stream AT&T TV.
How much is AT&T TV a month?
Monthly costs for AT&T TV range from $49.99 a month to $134.99 a month.

Is AT&T TV good?

AT&T TV is a good choice for those looking for more television programming options, but be sure you understand the pricing structure before signing up for a contract. Prices in the second year are much higher than in the first year, and canceling early means you pay $15 a month for the time left on your contract. We like the smooth interface and voice assistant remote. If the price works for you and you find a package to your liking, we recommend going with AT&T TV.

AT&T TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T TV?

Original review: March 17, 2023

If you’re looking for a service oriented company then stay away from AT&T TV. All communication is sent overseas. No local service assistance. AT&T local store offered no help. Issues were log in. Daily I needed to log into the tv and sometimes it would cut out of programming to have me log in. After about ten overseas calls one representative sent a new TV box. The new box wouldn’t sync with the original modem which has a specific password. Couldn’t get it to work. No help from the salesperson who sold me on this crap. Never again will I use this service and I will be a walking voice spreading the word.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2023

I saw an ad on Facebook that stated AT&T and DirecTV dropped Newsmax. I'm tired of censorship. I plan on gathering hundreds, if not thousands of people to drop both businesses unless they bring Newsmax back. I'm tired of big businesses thinking they can run how we think and watch. It's not healthy to allow a business to drop certain shows just because it's not their way of political thinking. Boo on AT&T for doing such a thing to the American people where we have freedom of speech! If AT&T continue this behavior, we, the people, will hurt them in their pocketbook by simply using another company that will not use censorship.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2023

I signed up for DirecTV on January 12, 2022 and I was told it was a one year subscription by the person I spoke to from direcTV. I called up a few days before the year expired and wanted another promotion for another year and the lady I spoke to told me they had none and that my bill going to go up to $188.00 per month. This was too much so I told her I was going to cancel after January 12, 2023. They told me it was a two year contract and that I was going to have to pay a $260.00 fee cancellation fee. I argued with them that it was a two year contract but they did not care. Every time I spoke to someone I got a different story. They are not trustworthy and they lie to you all the time. I have Dish network and they are a lot better and up front and I got a three year same price deal with a two year contract. Do not sign up for direcTV or you will regret it.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

My husband and I were happy with DishTV, but not the prices. We were quoted a promotional package price from Direct TV for 97.46 a month, for 12 months. Based on this quote, we switched. We received notification of our first bill of 164.00 & called the billing dept. We were told they would adjust payment to 97.46, and because of the inconvenience, we would get the 97.46 for 24 months. Once again, we were notified of our bill, which was 123.00. We called again, and were told the agent gave us the wrong promotional quote.

We even got our promotional customer service summary quote that we agreed upon in the mail. They still wouldn't honor the quote we were given. They gave us a one month 25.00 credit, but told us they couldn't change our bill, and it would remain 123.00 for 24 months. The manager didn't seem concerned when I told him I would be writing a bad review! We could have called Dish to have our fees decreased instead of dealing with a business that practices dishonesty!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

AT&T canceled Newsmax because it doesn't fit their woke ideology, and that is totally unacceptable! People out there need to drop AT&T and DirectTV immediate who agree with me and want to send a message!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

THE WORST CUSTOMER (no-) SERVICE. When you call ANY of their (fake) customer service phone numbers, they just hang up on you. Once you're in their billing system, they don't care one rat's butt about anything you have to say to them. No way to talk to them. They'll jack up your monthly bill and then you have no way to speak with them. I called three of their online phone numbers and on every one of them I was hung up on. SO I AM SWITCHING TO DISH NETWORK!!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Because of a number of reasons I need closed caption to watch and enjoy TV. My close caption quit working. I called DirecTV and the agent put me through all the actions (which I had already done before I called and I am not an idiot). Even though I told the agent what I did. She insisted that I open an app on my phone so she could look at my tv screen and see that I was following instructions. Then when she finally believe me she said that she had to elevate my complaint to another department and they would contact me with a resolution within a couple of days. Five days later I called again and had to do all the tricks she could think of to get the closed caption to work. Guess what, still no closed caption. She said that the last agent had elevated the complaint and that they should be contacting me in a few days and she had put a priority on the elevated complaint.

The first agent said that probably the receiver would have to be replaced and the box was malfunctioning. The second agent said based on what was happening the program and not the hardware was at fault because the main receiver send closed captioning info to the Genie box in the bedroom and that TV has closed caption. So now another few days have passed and still no contact by DirecTV. I have the insurance to pay to replace the receiver but I can't do that without the guys in the elevated complaint unit contact me. So I sit here half hearing what is being said and disgruntled. I have done some research and find many many complaints on the internet concerning loss of closed caption and NO answers. My contract is up so I just may have to move on.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Service never worked well. I had my name as secondary on an elderly parent’s account. When I closed the account, they owed us $80. Instead of giving us a refund we could put in the bank they sent a MasterCard. They charge you $3.00 per month from the card for having it and they want you to use it online at the MasterCard/At&T Store online! (So much for canceling the online service.) The card never worked in public but for each attempt they debited the card. So, we must file fraud charges. Unfair business practices. Bad for AT&T! Never again.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I called to try to put my service on Vacation and the customer service person ended up CANCELING my service. Customer service will not put you in touch with a supervisor. No one will fix this problem. It is terrible that this happens every year.

Original review: April 4, 2022

Absolutely garbage company. We pay for 6 tv boxes, Wi-Fi on 5g about $400/ month. Every month the internet goes out which takes out the whole house. They send people out to fix it and IF they show up it lasts for about a week before going out again.

AT&T TV Company Information