4.0/5 (203 ratings)

About AT&T TV

AT&T TV is a streaming service with live channels and on-demand shows and movies. The service comes with a voice assistant remote and a TV box programmed with AT&T TV services. Prices start at $49.99 a month. Choose from packages geared toward movie fans, avid sports watchers and more casual viewers. Contracts last for two years. Existing AT&T U-verse customers can read our AT&T U-verse reviews.

Pros

• Smooth interface
  • Voice assistant remote
  • DIY setup
  • Sleek TV box

Cons

• Increased prices in year two
  • Two-year contracts

Bottom Line

AT&T TV has a great interface and plenty of channels. We wish it had month-to-month contracts and more straightforward pricing, but the service works well for some.

How does AT&T TV work?

AT&T offers several video streaming services, including AT&T TV, which has access to hundreds of channels and 55,000 on-demand movies and shows. Users can record up to 500 hours of programming to the cloud DVR. When looking at the cost for various packages, make sure to check the second-year cost, which is significantly more than the first-year price.

AT&T TV price

AT&T TV packages include one year of HBO and access to HBO Max starting May 27, 2020. Every package comes with a two-year agreement. The Choice, Xtra and Ultimate plans have an additional regional sports fee of $8.49 a month. Customers who cancel early must pay $15 a month for every remaining month of the contract, and there's a one-time activation fee of $19.95. Additional taxes vary by state.

• Entertainment package: The entertainment package is a good choice for basic television use. The plan costs $49.99 a month the first year and $92.99 a month the second year.
  • Choice package: This package provides additional channels and on-demand selections. It costs $54.99 a month the first year and $109.99 a month the second year.
  • Xtra package: The Xtra package is suited for sports fans and costs $64.99 a month the first year and $123.99 a month the second year.
  • Ultimate package: The Ultimate package add multiple premium channels and is designed for movie buffs. It costs $69.99 a month the first year and $134.99 a month the second year.

AT&T TV features

AT&T TV has additional features that make it an attractive option, including a voice assistant remote, a clean interface and a nice-looking TV box.

• Voice assistant remote: The voice assistant remote performs standard functions and answers news- and traffic-related questions.
  • Clean interface: The interface is pleasant and intuitive, so AT&T TV is fun to use starting from the moment after the do-it-yourself setup. Users can choose from five menu layout options.
  • AT&T TV box: The AT&T TV box is thin and simple and has an attractive, minimalist look.

AT&T TV FAQ

What channels does AT&T TV have?
AT&T TV has hundreds of channels, including news, sports, lifestyle and movie channels. Channels vary based on the plan. AT&T's website has a complete list.
Does AT&T TV require a contract?
Yes, AT&T TV requires a two-year contract.
How many devices can stream AT&T TV?
Three devices can stream AT&T TV.
How much is AT&T TV a month?
Monthly costs for AT&T TV range from $49.99 a month to $134.99 a month.

Is AT&T TV good?

AT&T TV is a good choice for those looking for more television programming options, but be sure you understand the pricing structure before signing up for a contract. Prices in the second year are much higher than in the first year, and canceling early means you pay $15 a month for the time left on your contract. We like the smooth interface and voice assistant remote. If the price works for you and you find a package to your liking, we recommend going with AT&T TV.

AT&T TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T TV?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Because of a number of reasons I need closed caption to watch and enjoy TV. My close caption quit working. I called DirecTV and the agent put me through all the actions (which I had already done before I called and I am not an idiot). Even though I told the agent what I did. She insisted that I open an app on my phone so she could look at my tv screen and see that I was following instructions. Then when she finally believe me she said that she had to elevate my complaint to another department and they would contact me with a resolution within a couple of days. Five days later I called again and had to do all the tricks she could think of to get the closed caption to work. Guess what, still no closed caption. She said that the last agent had elevated the complaint and that they should be contacting me in a few days and she had put a priority on the elevated complaint.

The first agent said that probably the receiver would have to be replaced and the box was malfunctioning. The second agent said based on what was happening the program and not the hardware was at fault because the main receiver send closed captioning info to the Genie box in the bedroom and that TV has closed caption. So now another few days have passed and still no contact by DirecTV. I have the insurance to pay to replace the receiver but I can't do that without the guys in the elevated complaint unit contact me. So I sit here half hearing what is being said and disgruntled. I have done some research and find many many complaints on the internet concerning loss of closed caption and NO answers. My contract is up so I just may have to move on.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Service never worked well. I had my name as secondary on an elderly parent’s account. When I closed the account, they owed us $80. Instead of giving us a refund we could put in the bank they sent a MasterCard. They charge you $3.00 per month from the card for having it and they want you to use it online at the MasterCard/At&T Store online! (So much for canceling the online service.) The card never worked in public but for each attempt they debited the card. So, we must file fraud charges. Unfair business practices. Bad for AT&T! Never again.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I called to try to put my service on Vacation and the customer service person ended up CANCELING my service. Customer service will not put you in touch with a supervisor. No one will fix this problem. It is terrible that this happens every year.

Original review: April 4, 2022

Absolutely garbage company. We pay for 6 tv boxes, Wi-Fi on 5g about $400/ month. Every month the internet goes out which takes out the whole house. They send people out to fix it and IF they show up it lasts for about a week before going out again.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I don't recommend this company. Any of their competitors would give better customer service. I had been staying with my mother during the pandemic and there was no need to pay for services at my house. I called in to suspend services for a couple of months. The representative assisted with no problem. After a couple of months, I called to have them suspended again. I was told the third time I called that I did not have to keep calling back, I could suspend until the following year and if I wanted to restore sooner, just call back. I then received a bill for service. That did not make sense.

I called back and I was told, even though I suspended service, I still had to pay a fee. I explained that I was never told that. The representative stated that she believed me and not all representatives knew about this. I then asked her to stand by what the previous representative told me and she would not do it. What company admits their representative gave out wrong information but won't stand by it. That doesn't make sense. She saw all of the calls logged in on my account but stated I had to pay the bill anyway. That is inappropriate. Train your team members to give out correct information, but you have to take responsibility for what they are telling people.

Original review: March 10, 2022

If you are thinking to purchase any product by AT&T, don't. It's a horrible company, very confusing billing department and website. And this was a second time I went to AT&T but will never go back. If you want to have headaches and wait long hours on the phone, that's your company. Also, they keep charging your account even after you cancel.

Original review: March 2, 2022

They need to hire people that can speak English fluently, and know what they are selling and how it works. Now I'm m to have a 39.00 bill, and they have a robo caller calling and you can't call them back.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

They have charged us hundreds of dollars in PPV’s that we did not rent. We talk to them and they say they will fix it and never do or say they will call us back and never do! I don’t know whose bill we are paying but we definitely won’t any more!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Five months ago I called about my ATT-DirecTV bill. It had doubled in one month. I realized at the time that the "promotional" rate had expired, but I was calling to cancel because it was much more than I was willing to pay for this service. The "loyalty" team got on the call and offered me a rate that I agreed to. I, however, had to pay the large bill I already had. Keep in mind, I have been a customer of this company for many years and this is a habitual tactic they have used many, many times. I have not been able to make any phone calls without the long waits (> 1 hour), and the switching back and forth between customer service reps, where I have to explain the problem over and over again.

The next month's bill arrived with no changes. I called again and got the same runaround, even though the service rep could see the previous call, notes and agreement. Also, a full month and billing cycle had passed. She said she would correct the problem with "credits", and I explained to her that I would not pay an additional fee more than the agreement I was offered the month before. She then asked how would I rate her service. I replied, "call me back when I get the next bill and I'll let you know". The next bill came, and I had late fees attached to the bill on top of not receiving the agreed upon amount. I did not call but paid that agreement amount only to see if they would honor the credits they said they would give me to bring the bill in line. They did not. The next bill came with even more late charges, I paid the agreed amount. Same thing next month, 5 months total.

So, I replaced them and called to cancel their service. They kept the ring-around-the-sales department show going and I was on the phone for 2 hours. At the end, a man named Mike-ID#**, read off a scripting card how I was going to return the equipment and, that I still had to pay for another couple of weeks because they could not pro-rate or stop the service for another 2 weeks. Unacceptable!!! I know they are going to go after me for extra $ even though they were the ones that did not honor their agreement. I told them I was glad it was being recorded because I may have to use their phone records when I contact my lawyer. I really hope the potential customers of this company can see this and that current customer will also report their incredibly misleading and poor service. It's too bad because I did like the product offered. This is merely about the customer service breaches and the tactics they use to force revenue.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

At&t tv had been double charging me and my wife for over a year. We finally realized this and requested the money back. To Att credit they did credit back 5 months of the charges back. They then told us we had to go through our bank USAA to dispute the 7 remaining charges, the bank said it was too late to dispute the charges with them passing the buck back to At&t. At&t now does not want to give us back almost $500.00 claiming they can't go back that far. These companies are a joke, they took our money no problem at all, now they can't credit back their mistakes. It's amazing how a multi-billion dollar companies would cheat their customers. Both of these companies are garbage, no veteran or active duty military should do business with At&t tv or Usaa.

AT&T TV Company Information