AT&T TV

AT&T TV is a streaming service with live channels and on-demand shows and movies. The service comes with a voice assistant remote and a TV box programmed with AT&T TV services. Prices start at $49.99 a month. Choose from packages geared toward movie fans, avid sports watchers and more casual viewers. Contracts last for two years. Existing AT&T U-verse customers can read our AT&T U-verse reviews.

BOTTOM LINE

AT&T TV has a great interface and plenty of channels. We wish it had month-to-month contracts and more straightforward pricing, but the service works well for some.

PROS

• Smooth interface
  • Voice assistant remote
  • DIY setup
  • Sleek TV box

CONS

• Increased prices in year two
  • Two-year contracts

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Unsubscribe at any time.

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

How does AT&T TV work?

AT&T offers several video streaming services, including AT&T TV, which has access to hundreds of channels and 55,000 on-demand movies and shows. Users can record up to 500 hours of programming to the cloud DVR. When looking at the cost for various packages, make sure to check the second-year cost, which is significantly more than the first-year price.

AT&T TV price

AT&T TV packages include one year of HBO and access to HBO Max starting May 27, 2020. Every package comes with a two-year agreement. The Choice, Xtra and Ultimate plans have an additional regional sports fee of $8.49 a month. Customers who cancel early must pay $15 a month for every remaining month of the contract, and there's a one-time activation fee of $19.95. Additional taxes vary by state.

• Entertainment package: The entertainment package is a good choice for basic television use. The plan costs $49.99 a month the first year and $92.99 a month the second year.
    • Choice package: This package provides additional channels and on-demand selections. It costs $54.99 a month the first year and $109.99 a month the second year.
    • Xtra package: The Xtra package is suited for sports fans and costs $64.99 a month the first year and $123.99 a month the second year.
    • Ultimate package: The Ultimate package add multiple premium channels and is designed for movie buffs. It costs $69.99 a month the first year and $134.99 a month the second year.

AT&T TV features

AT&T TV has additional features that make it an attractive option, including a voice assistant remote, a clean interface and a nice-looking TV box.

• Voice assistant remote: The voice assistant remote performs standard functions and answers news- and traffic-related questions.
    • Clean interface: The interface is pleasant and intuitive, so AT&T TV is fun to use starting from the moment after the do-it-yourself setup. Users can choose from five menu layout options.
    • AT&T TV box: The AT&T TV box is thin and simple and has an attractive, minimalist look.

AT&T TV FAQ

What channels does AT&T TV have?
    AT&T TV has hundreds of channels, including news, sports, lifestyle and movie channels. Channels vary based on the plan. AT&T's website has a complete list.
    Does AT&T TV require a contract?
    Yes, AT&T TV requires a two-year contract.
    How many devices can stream AT&T TV?
    Three devices can stream AT&T TV.
    How much is AT&T TV a month?
    Monthly costs for AT&T TV range from $49.99 a month to $134.99 a month.

Is AT&T TV good?

AT&T TV is a good choice for those looking for more television programming options, but be sure you understand the pricing structure before signing up for a contract. Prices in the second year are much higher than in the first year, and canceling early means you pay $15 a month for the time left on your contract. We like the smooth interface and voice assistant remote. If the price works for you and you find a package to your liking, we recommend going with AT&T TV.

AT&T TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T TV?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T TV?

Original review: July 1, 2020

This app takes zero responsibility for its technically issues and will blame it on your device needing to uninstall and reinstall the app and your internet being too slow according to a random website they have to Google that is apparently "correct". Before contacting them yet again! I bought a new phone a new router and a new new Chromecast and updated everything. I advised this to the chat agent ...who apparently is the only way to get customer support..which they advised me that 1) They saw the fatal error it's my devices. 2) Then I need to reinstall my app. 3) There are no detectable issues on their end. 4) But their most CONSISTENT issue is dropped service. 5) I need to check my internet and according to a Google website answer that has no idea my internet package or my exact location. It's just pinging of towers...it's my internet even though my package more than compensates their app need and I've checked....

I spent 2.5 hours in a chat they magically could not send me a copy of and promised me a phone call I never received....so what did they take my number? I got into another chat to have someone tell me that they are again a manager and are correcting the tech issue with their techs and cannot provide me any copy of any previous conversation. Their "tech" also suggested again I uninstall and reinstall the app. They can't see any interruption in service even though I was looking at it on my screen. Then they told me, "It's your internet". I said, "How do you know it's my internet?" Because I just bought a new router and had all of my service checked in the last two weeks. Again they had me Google a website that "knows" my internet speed. This is the constant merry-go-round that AT&T now provides. I am going to be starting a class action lawsuit against this service. Please feel free to email me at **.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Staff and customer service helpful. It was super easy to install. Has different levels for channel options and pricing. The quality of streaming and picture is great. Prior to switching services I had Directv, and I am extremely happy with my decision.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Unfortunately people go by pricing without realizing lousy customer service rises the price precipitously as your time becomes infringed upon.

1) I signed up for an internet and TV bundle. Was promised my second TV would be free via their app which I could download on my Roku device. Turned out that is NOT true. Was then told second TV required another box from them at 120 dollars!

2) Was charged 10 dollars more for my bundle than agreed upon. Went round and round with customer service and got nowhere. Was told "that's how it is". I decided to cancel after spending hours on hold only to get reps in the wrong department and no assistance.

3) I cancelled and went with Hulu. Best move I could have made because they have customer service so I don't spend hundreds of dollars of my time wasting it on customer service. So the true price is not really what is says on the bill. It is a function of how much time and aggravation that occurs with your service.

4) But wait did I say I cancelled? With AT&T it's NEVER over. My bill was never zeroed out and the installation fee refunded. A week after I cancelled with the retention department I'm told I didn't really cancel. Maybe that was a figment of my imagination? So I cancelled a second time and this time I got an email cancellation and refund of my TV installation fee. I was told by one rep previously the fee was for the Internet and NOT the TV. Did I mention many of the reps just make up answers to get you off the phone?

5) But wait did I say I cancelled? Well never say never. More than three weeks after I returned my box and two weeks after they received it they send me an email stating they didn't receive the box and would be charging my credit card $120.00. I call them up and talk to three departments including the "Presidents" office. In spite of providing the confirmation number they need to "investigate" so a month after the cancellation the matter is still not closed.

6) So when you you read the reviews of the services and pricing offered take that with a grain of salt. Unless you are impoverished the pricing doesn't matter. Your time, energy, and sanity does. If you persist in signing up in spite of being warned be careful to document all transactions, conversations, and SAVE the receipts! You'll need them.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Even with my fast wifi, the streaming is very slow, the audio is so low even you raise it to the highest volume the TV will allow, it is very frustrating for the price of the streaming service and continues to raise their prices!

AT&T TV Company Information