2.5/5 (52 ratings)

About AT&T TV

AT&T TV is a streaming service with live channels and on-demand shows and movies. The service comes with a voice assistant remote and a TV box programmed with AT&T TV services. Prices start at $49.99 a month. Choose from packages geared toward movie fans, avid sports watchers and more casual viewers. Contracts last for two years. Existing AT&T U-verse customers can read our AT&T U-verse reviews.

Pros

• Smooth interface
  • Voice assistant remote
  • DIY setup
  • Sleek TV box

Cons

• Increased prices in year two
  • Two-year contracts

Bottom Line

AT&T TV has a great interface and plenty of channels. We wish it had month-to-month contracts and more straightforward pricing, but the service works well for some.

How does AT&T TV work?

AT&T offers several video streaming services, including AT&T TV, which has access to hundreds of channels and 55,000 on-demand movies and shows. Users can record up to 500 hours of programming to the cloud DVR. When looking at the cost for various packages, make sure to check the second-year cost, which is significantly more than the first-year price.

AT&T TV price

AT&T TV packages include one year of HBO and access to HBO Max starting May 27, 2020. Every package comes with a two-year agreement. The Choice, Xtra and Ultimate plans have an additional regional sports fee of $8.49 a month. Customers who cancel early must pay $15 a month for every remaining month of the contract, and there's a one-time activation fee of $19.95. Additional taxes vary by state.

• Entertainment package: The entertainment package is a good choice for basic television use. The plan costs $49.99 a month the first year and $92.99 a month the second year.
  • Choice package: This package provides additional channels and on-demand selections. It costs $54.99 a month the first year and $109.99 a month the second year.
  • Xtra package: The Xtra package is suited for sports fans and costs $64.99 a month the first year and $123.99 a month the second year.
  • Ultimate package: The Ultimate package add multiple premium channels and is designed for movie buffs. It costs $69.99 a month the first year and $134.99 a month the second year.

AT&T TV features

AT&T TV has additional features that make it an attractive option, including a voice assistant remote, a clean interface and a nice-looking TV box.

• Voice assistant remote: The voice assistant remote performs standard functions and answers news- and traffic-related questions.
  • Clean interface: The interface is pleasant and intuitive, so AT&T TV is fun to use starting from the moment after the do-it-yourself setup. Users can choose from five menu layout options.
  • AT&T TV box: The AT&T TV box is thin and simple and has an attractive, minimalist look.

AT&T TV FAQ

What channels does AT&T TV have?
AT&T TV has hundreds of channels, including news, sports, lifestyle and movie channels. Channels vary based on the plan. AT&T's website has a complete list.
Does AT&T TV require a contract?
Yes, AT&T TV requires a two-year contract.
How many devices can stream AT&T TV?
Three devices can stream AT&T TV.
How much is AT&T TV a month?
Monthly costs for AT&T TV range from $49.99 a month to $134.99 a month.

Is AT&T TV good?

AT&T TV is a good choice for those looking for more television programming options, but be sure you understand the pricing structure before signing up for a contract. Prices in the second year are much higher than in the first year, and canceling early means you pay $15 a month for the time left on your contract. We like the smooth interface and voice assistant remote. If the price works for you and you find a package to your liking, we recommend going with AT&T TV.

AT&T TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T TV?

Original review: July 18, 2021

AT&T seems to try to help people out with their cable TV and if you want to get some tv channels for you to watch and to see what you like. They try to do their best for the company to get people to order what they want to purchase from their cable tv and the shows that might be appealing to them.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Any assistance for any problem is considered promptly. It is a good feeling to have an ally on your side, that is what ATT is to my family and me. Their promise to be there when you need them is proven by the service they provide.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Have a lot of buffering that is aggravating. Choice of programs is ok for the cost. I was extremely satisfied with the installation and it was on time as promised. Technician left his number and supervisor so there is no need to have to be bothered with a call center that cannot understand what you’re saying.!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I want TV. I have AT&T. Your guys are good people. Thank you for come to **. Thank you. I've been hearing a lot about you guys. I heard you guys doing good job. Thank you for your interest in me and I appreciate it.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

We likes our service and the ease of use. The guide was easy to navigate and it was easy to record shows. I liked the search options and the range of channels they offered. We had AT&T Uverse with the fiber optic (sp) cables and we rarely lost TV/Internet service. The only downside and reason we go rid of our cable was the price. While the service was great and we like it, it was very pricey. By cancelling cable and going to Hulu Live TV with similar channels - even local channels! - we are saving $100 per month.

Original review: July 28, 2021

ATT TV website is not clear and concise as it should be. It can be difficult to figure out just where your favorite TV programs went. Pricing can also be tricky as the guide you can print out has super small print. The jury is still out on this!

Resolution response: July 24, 2021

Update: Potentially errors with network, not AT&T TV.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I signed up to get access to NBCSports and my FireTV for the Olympics, and read the basic package for AT&T TV includes the channel. My list:

1. Got email verification for order, does not show up in my orders in my account.
    2. Says I am not a subscriber to this channel (mentioned above) when I tried/activate and watching live events.
    3. Forced me to sign in with AT&T email, but apparently order is under my Gmail.
    4. Linked accounts about five times to be shown they were linked while they apparently weren't.

5. Now in order to cancel, I have to call a number where they will most likely give me numerous alternatives instead of just cancelling.

This was an absolute nightmare and I will be cancelling and will be expecting a refund. Never again.

Original review: July 19, 2021

AT&T TV audio and video are in sync for about 5-15 seconds, and then just progressively gets worse, after about 15 min, you'll be watching video and still hearing commercials from a few minutes ago. If you change channels, and come back to the channel you were watching, it all resets, but then immediately starts getting out of sync again. Terrible service, total waste of money. You Tube Tv and HULU LIVE are much better services, no issues with syncing at all.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Well first it took them three months to get it working proper, it worked great the day of install then the next day nothing and it took me three months to get someone to actually physically come out at the expense of ATT to figure out their equipment they furnished had failed and was not working or worked rather for one day and that was it. It's been two additional months and it seems to work fine. I will say they gave me those three months free-but not without a bit of a fight and verifying throughout three different people (depts) that I had not actually received any entertainment through their portal except for day 1. I got hung up on twice from customer service who is 6 or 8 hours time difference in Dubai. The first time it was after 20 min the second after about 12 min they just hung up. Then I talked to a supervisor who said she would call me between 4-430 pm. She called me at 9:30pm.

The next person who scheduled a call never did call. I became so frustrated I called only to cancel based on no performance of our agreement. I signed and that is when they sent me to retention and gave me full credit for the days I had an agreement from day one because the service only worked the one day. In the end it took several calls to att to get the person that would really handle getting someone to my house to inspect and then another whole set of calls to get the credit because they won't issue a credit unless the problem is fixed which is to say they won't credit you if you cancel. So basically to get the money back I had already lost I had to stay with them.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Expensive but my only other option is Comcast/Xfinity, arguably the worst cable provider in Northern California. At least AT&T has some customer service in the United States, something Comcast doesn't have. Both are overpriced for loyal to users.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I feel like AT&T is just out to get their money's worth. The service is alright and streaming slows super quick due to data caps. I wish there were more options for people that live in the country/middle of nowhere.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Although the internet and TV service is relatively stable; however, their prices are too high. They add on a new fee every six months, of which you are not made aware in a timely manner. In addition, the U-verse packages are designed to spend a lot of money to get the channels that are desired.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I have been a customer since June of 2021. We have had multiple receivers traded in to improve reception and even changed providers to get more WiFi bandwidth. After many conversations with customer service to correct issues we became convinced that At&T TV could not provide service to our residence. Even with all the efforts to correct issues At&t has determined that they will charge a cancelation fee of over $160. Why I ask can they justify a cancelation fee if they can not provide service?

Original review: June 24, 2021

AT&T has to be the worst cable ever. For the last 45 days, I have been having problems with my service. My DVR box was not working, they kept me on the phone for more than an hour on 2 occasions to try and fix the problem. I finally asked for a Manager, he promised to follow me thru the entire process until things were repaired. He was going to call me and text me to ensure everything was correct. This never happened. A Technician comes out to repair my service, he was VERY helpful. I was going to cancel my service and return all boxes. He suggests I keep my service intact until I moved my service to another provider. He took 1 box with him at my request.

A few weeks after the repair by service is down again, I call, they said sometimes they do updates that affect service. On the phone again for an hour. Then I get my bill, I am being charged for the receiver I returned. It took over 30 minutes to have this removed from my bill with a credit. I have been with AT&T for almost 2 years. They are horrible. Worst customer service ever. I have been on the phone with them, or home waiting for a technician for at least 15 hours in my 2 years of service.

Original review: April 20, 2021

If you enjoy watching wheels spin, if you like constantly resetting the TV because in the middle of watching a network television show it crashes with the message "your video is still loading" then after a while, another message "We are aware of the problem and we're working on it", then after resetting, going through the same garbage 20 minutes later; THIS is the product for YOU!

If you desire to get on with your life, get back to reading books and/or working on your hobbies, enjoy the irritating music during commercial breaks while a message is displayed that your program will resume as soon as a commercial is over that ATT isn't getting a kickback from and then watch as your show resumes a few seconds after it already started. And best of all, enjoy speaking with half of India IF you can manage to get through to a living person to try and resolve this trainwreck! Of course you can rid yourself of it, providing you pay off the remainder of your contract because even though the mega-monopoly ATT doesn't have to hold up their end of a contract YOU do!!!

Original review: April 8, 2021

I need the registered agent for AT&T in Jacksonville Fl. There is no way that I can speak to anyone without first going through the "Computer Chat", totally worthless! Then it turns you over to a less smart "Real" person on the "Computer Chat" then you spend an hour or 2 waiting to talk to someone with even half a brain, that person transfers you to person after person that can do nothing to solve your problem. Sometimes, after being transferred back and forth for an hour or so, they drop the call and you start all over again.

I have spent a total of 21 hours, spread out over different days trying get the damned bill corrected. Then, once you think you have everything worked out, it shows up on your bill. I don't have the time nor the inclination to sit on the phone for hours. I told them I wanted out from their terrible service. Then they Doubled my bill. I'm not going to pay it. I want a judge to decide who's right in this. How bout that Registered agent for AT&T in Jacksonville FL????

Original review: March 5, 2021

ATT TV streaming service has been the worst decision ever! Supposedly this is a pre-paid service, then you find out that you are under contract if you cancel WTH!!!? Then, you are no able to make NO PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS, third if the payment doesn't get processed auto-draft you will need to update the payment info and you only have 16 days before they totally cancel the service for good! You do not have the option to make the payment on your own until the system retries again "AUTOMATICALLY".

Customer service is HORRIBLE. They do not know what they are doing or talking about, chats always transfer you to at least 10 people and no one is able to assist. This is by far the worst company I dealt with, they claim themselves like Netflix, well.... NETFLIX lets you make your payment and if don't they will give you some time and then disconnects, but once you make your payment they will reconnect, not ATT they will disconnect you for good. I already filed a complaint for false advertisement, because they said that they are pre-paid but then again you are under contract.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I have had DIRECTV for 10 years. When AT&T took over, the service went down, and the rates were hiked up. Every year my monthly rate goes up with no advance notice. I just received my auto pay statement and I got a $5.00 rate hike. They charged me $6.25 because my auto pay was refused; I had to cancel my debit card due to a scammer charge, and I guess the bill was deducted at the same time. I IMMEDIATELY corrected my card information and they got the payment The Next Day. No wonder so many people are leaving DirecTV and subscribing to streaming services! I do not recommend DirecTV to ANYONE.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Poor customer service. Long wait time for service. Poor phone support. Extended loss of channels due to poor negotiations. Right hand has no idea what the left is doing. Poor communications with customers.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I LOATHE AT&T and hope that they get busted up. Between crappy customer service and the disdain the company has for its customers. The whole At&t and HBO Max debacle is perfect reason why At&t needs to be busted up. They also share network data. They have deals with rental properties that do not allow rentals options in deregulated areas. That is probably my most upsetting factor. When I tell you I hate AT&T I do so much as we should remove the letters from the alphabet.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

At&t doesn't have voice remote, the internet is basically trash (kept going in and out) but it's suppose to be fast and reliable service. They didn't have many shows on the On demand that we will want to watch nor to the have the ones series update that we miss. But they do keep rising the cost every month like they're on point with everything. This why people are cutting the cable and just doing internet and ordering from apps.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

I had Cox for years, switched to AT&T to lower cost. AT&T does not have the channels that Cox offered. It seems to spin a lot more and I can't wait to get out of my contract and go to antenna tv. I don't watch half the channels I get charged for, wish you could choose your own package.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

I bundled with AT&T back in March of this year. They are terrible with their customer service, always passing the buck. My internet is intermittent, freezes & loses connection. For months, I couldn't get my recordings on CBS, channel 2, in my area. There was a glitch in the software, that even though I recorded from that channel, it would record from a different CBS channel that wasn't included in my package. As of November, THAT issue has FINALLY been resolved. I had DirecTV, for MANY years 'til they got so expensive I switched to another company.

The only problem with programming was snow. We would just sweep it out of the dish & voila, we got our picture back. Since AT&T took over, we NOW get interference from rain! LOL! Unfortunately, I'm locked into a contract & can't leave them. I have NEVER gotten any credit for all the lost programming & gaming. They stink. I even had a problem with my home phone the last time they downloaded updated software. It locked me out of my voice mail & it wouldn't record any. Had to have a tech guy come out & fix it.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Clear, clean, picture. Cheaper and better than previous satellite system. Easy install, more reliable signal with fiber optics. Better than regular cable. Everything is through wi-fi. Hooked up 3 tvs with ease. So far great pictures in all rooms.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Absolutely the worst company in the world, a true rip off, No customer service, don't give a damn about the customer, will leave you on hold forever if you don't just hang up. And don't buy anything because if it doesn't work you're totally out your money.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Have had lot of service interruptions or issues. And now waiting for an agreement with local TV to be reached. And was told we would have no or limited service issues with the wifi speed we have, also by ATT, but this isn't the case. Frustrating. Maybe just new service working out kinks?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Great company. Very friendly customer service that are more than happy to research your problem and find a solution for you in a timely manner. The diverse amount of programming can really satisfy everyone's desires. When they had an alarm company it saved me from a potential break in.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Att slow down our service on purpose so it's always rebooting. I thought there was a law passed where companies could not do this. Lousy service. Slow down rebooting. Poor service. Keeps rebooting. Poor service.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I don't feel that AT&T is very competitive with rates. I have very unreliable internet speeds and the customer service could use more training. When you call the sales department you can really feel the sales technique. They don't listen very well.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Terrible customer service. Losing channels because they are too cheap to pay for them. Yet they are making a lot of money to put in their pockets. In the process of changing companies because they won't do what's right and they won't lower our bills, even though they aren't giving us what we are paying for. The latest channel is ABC, it's disgusting.

AT&T TV Company Information